[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 53

File: Exalted.jpg (80KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted.jpg
80KB, 600x750px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where pants are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Question of the thread: What are you looking forward to the most in the next few releases to come?
>>
>>53010514

Previous thread.
>>
>>53055916
>What are you looking forward to the most in the next few releases to come?
Personally, I'm really hoping that the microtransaction bestiary that they're releasing is going to have the monster stats that were cut from the corebook.

Also, looking forward to rules for custom evocations from Arms of the Chosen.
>>
>>53055916

Warstriders.

I got like three concepts I want to stat up.
>>
File: Arthur wat.gif (56KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur wat.gif
56KB, 500x321px
>>53055916

>MFW my brother talks to me about the 3rd edition when he gets home around 1am

The 3rd edition's first book looks amazing. Golden pages and shit, it's totally rad. Also the martial arts rework sounds really neat.
>>
>>53056861
>Golden pages and shit
Makes them stick together, at least at first, from what I've seen from my book.
>>
Golden. Solar. HIGH HEELS.
>>
>>53057050
they certainly are.
>>
Slowpoking to superhuman levels, I know, but I've been reading through the original Conan stories recently and holy hell there's so much Exalted in here. Sorcery especially, a ton of the spells that get used by characters in Conan are exactly the sort of thing that'd be used in Exalted.

If any of you haven't read this stuff you should do it.
>>
>>53058122
Yup. Cona himself is a pretty good example of what some of the Solar Charms without glowy golden special effects might look like. He does things that other men can't do without being, in the context of his setting, supernatural.
>>
>>53057050
Foot and Shoefags deserve to be gassed.
>>
>>53057050

The fuck is wrong with her face?
>>
>>53056881
Anon's brother here, mine did too but a bit of flipping though it got them well loose. I was more worried about how flaky the gilding appeared to be, but it's fine now.

Also the thing's pretty tough.
>>
First for 3e being shit
>>
File: Mecha.jpg (4MB, 2256x3142px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha.jpg
4MB, 2256x3142px
>>53055916
>Question of the thread: What are you looking forward to the most in the next few releases to come?

Warstriders. Are we finally going to have an edition where they're not shit sizzling on a sidewalk? Probably not, but one can always hope.
>>
File: DFOFemaleSlayer.png (1MB, 1600x2354px) Image search: [Google]
DFOFemaleSlayer.png
1MB, 1600x2354px
>>53057050
>>
>>53061435

Didi you hear about the N/A Moonsilver Warstrider? Bastard offspring between Numidium and Evangelion 01.
>>
File: FrogLunar.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FrogLunar.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>53061526

I'm looking for a little more Daizenger than a little less "GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI".
>>
File: 1448917033140.jpg (452KB, 811x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1448917033140.jpg
452KB, 811x1125px
>>53061630

Well, I'm looking Fate-denying-yet-reinforcing-while-simultaneously-transcending and wiping out whole chunks of realities by simply speaking (confirmed to be the capstone Evocation) so I'm happy out.
>>
>>53061630
I wonder who his Mate is, Solar Chrono or Abyssal Magus?
>>
File: ClubGirl.jpg (98KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ClubGirl.jpg
98KB, 727x1000px
>>53061694

I figure the simpler the concept the less a chance of fucking it up they have, but then again, we've seen what they've done with Warstriders in the past, so we know just how badly they can fuck up such a concept.
>>
File: gillian.webm (603KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
gillian.webm
603KB, 750x420px
>>53055916
did they ever fix how expensive the god powers are?
about 15 years ago i made an apollo rifleman and he had a glowing bayonet

its costed a stupid amount of points. for a divine flashlight. a cool flashlight, but still a flashlight
>>
File: GGIzunaConcept.jpg (193KB, 1260x830px) Image search: [Google]
GGIzunaConcept.jpg
193KB, 1260x830px
>>53061717

Chrono obviously. He did have the techs with him. Also Magus definitely wouldn't be an Abyssal. The guy was literally just trying to save reality, albeit a bit misguided in doing so.
>>
File: FirewandUser.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FirewandUser.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>53061756

What?
>>
>>53061737

Well apparently, Warstrider weapons will have the stats of artefact heavy weapons and armour that any Exalt can get, and most of their power comes from their Evocations.
>>
So, what's a good way of getting around high soak in 3e as a Melee user? My GM keeps sending hordes of fuckers wearing artifact plate at us and I keep telling him, "Knock it off, cheap artifacts aren't a thing anymore, just make it normal plate if they're mooks" but he ignores me every time.
>>
File: GrandGoremaul.jpg (269KB, 1094x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GrandGoremaul.jpg
269KB, 1094x1500px
>>53061876

Big weapons, damage boosting Charms. You literally should never have a problem using Melee, it's always the hands down best choice in every edition of Exalted for a Solar since it's ALWAYS an all-in-one-do-everything-the-best package, even in 3E.
>>
File: Knight12.jpg (803KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Knight12.jpg
803KB, 1240x1754px
>>53061871
>and most of their power comes from their Evocations

I must be one of the only people who hates Evo's. Feels like the worst of Charm bloat AND EXP sinks had a baby, except this time you can lose your Charms if you're disarmed.
>>
>>53061902
Yeah, but EVERY attack gets sent to minimum damage unless I chuck 5m into Fire and Stones, and even then it's pointless because even after doing 10 dice of damage the fuckers still have tons of magnitude because it's always 1000+ fearless ghosts or spirits or some shit we're fighting. It's fucking dull.
>>
>>53061966
Wait. Your GM is throwing FUCKING BATTLE GROUPS all adorned with artifact armor?

What.
>>
>>53061993
Yes. 2e has rotted his mind.
>>
File: BadAssArmor.jpg (98KB, 840x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BadAssArmor.jpg
98KB, 840x1000px
>>53061966

Kill them. Take their armor. Make billions selling the artifact armor. Hire fucktons of mercenary corps to protect you and fight back the endless hordes of armor wearers. Take their armor, sell it, etc.

Also get a new GM. It's not even about artifact armor at that point, it's about your GM being shit.
>>
>>53062031
He's a good GM, don't get me wrong. It's just this one habit of his that I cannot understand.
>>
To be frank, I think this is the best exalted creature ever printed.
>>
File: LanceGirl.jpg (273KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
LanceGirl.jpg
273KB, 768x1024px
>>53062098

Then talk to him about it. Tell him flat out you're not having fun trying to chew through heavily armored legions one die at a time, it slows down sessions, and it bores you. Also tell him it's a bit odd there'd be this much heavy armor in one place and things that can wear it. Unless he's sending entire squads of DB's at you constantly, most wouldn't have this kind of shit.
>>
>>53062098
Solution: don't make a dawn the next time you play with him. Combat's gonna be a chore.
>>
File: WoodAspect.jpg (974KB, 819x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WoodAspect.jpg
974KB, 819x1200px
>>53062123

Wrong game.
>>
File: Solar10.jpg (471KB, 626x900px) Image search: [Google]
Solar10.jpg
471KB, 626x900px
>>53062126

My solution would be to make a better Dawn. Theres nothing that cannot be solved by frightening amounts of unstoppable violence.
>>
>>53061876

Is he seriously given artefacts to mortals? They can't even attune to that shit. Heavy weapons are good against armour. The balanced tag raises your overwhelming value, and the piercing tag reduces enemy soak. Dipping Swallow Defence grants initiative when you parry, allowing you to launch decisives without needing withering attacks.
>>
>>53061876

git gud
>>
>>53061966

>Entire battle groups with artifact armour

Hahaha, what a dolt. If you're going to be doing such things at least make them a low magnitude.

Tell him /tg/ thinks he's an idiot .

That also said:

- Artifact weapons. You'll need them.
- Immortal Blade
- PIERCING, Grand Grimscythe or Direlance. Chopping also kinda works but ideally you'll want one of these two.
- Grand Daiklaves can do 6 damage post soak and have chopping.
- Invincible Flurry of the Dawn + Hungry Tiger (Get some sort of charm that lets you use it on any opponent once per scene or something) + Increasing Strength Exercise + Fire and Stones Strike + full Excellency = Dead anything
- Lastly, if he doesn't want to fucking change then bring 2e back to him:

SUN-SWORD CONCENTRATION
Cost: 1m; Mins: Melee 4 Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Uniform
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite charms: Fire and Stones Strike

The Solar’s blade glows in a deep red cherry as his essence makes his blade hotter than an furnace. An attack supplemented by this charm gains the Piercing tag. If a weapon already has the piercing tag then the wielder does not need to pay a point of initiative or defense when using this charm.

At Essence 2+ the user may pay an additional mote when activating this charm, allowing them to cut through magical or natural soak as if it were armoured soak with this charm.
>>
>>53062425

>Grand Daiklaves can do 6 damage post soak and have chopping.

Grand Daiklaves have Balanced, not Chopping. It's what allows them to do six dice after soak.
>>
>>53061876

>Kill mooks, take thousands of pounds of magical material
>Hand them to a supernal craft twilight. Bribe the twilight player if necessary (it probably will be)
>Laugh when the one of the only two things stopping craft from being broken (the other being how impenetrable the craft system is to learn) is thrown out the window
>Stomp on mooks with n/a artifacts
>>
>>53062585

Oh I thought they had chopping.

In either case I think getting something with chopping would be a bit better. If something is fully soaking a heavy artifact weapon than something is very wrong.
>>
>>53061871
To be fair, we don't know that warstriders will have the exact same soak stats as artifact heavy armor, just that for the purposes of practicing martial arts, operating a warstrider counts as wearing heavy armor. Wouldn't be the first case of soak from an unusual source counting as a certain armor category without perfectly matching the stats of that category.
>>
>>53062668

If Warstriders do count as heavy armour then Earth Dragon and White Reaper users will be having some fun.
>>
>>53062730
>White Reaper

Well THAT'S going to synergize beautifully with warstriders being especially good at wrecking armies.
>>
File: 4NuUaHu.png (193KB, 800x681px) Image search: [Google]
4NuUaHu.png
193KB, 800x681px
Are we ever going to get more material for Heaven's Reach? Because I have never liked a setting as much as I did this bastard child of Exalted, 40K, and Star Wars.

Pic related because SPAAAACE WHAAAAALES
>>
>>53062808

Funny you mention that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OhCM-uzILa48740W-sR6TAKucqyUPsJOU5GNd8Fjzq4/edit
>>
File: TribalCatgirl.jpg (210KB, 992x1280px) Image search: [Google]
TribalCatgirl.jpg
210KB, 992x1280px
>>53062808

No, no we're not. And thats a good thing, that book was pretty "meh" overall and reeked of "the line is dead here's one last shot at some money before new edition".
>>
>>53062836

I think he means the recent fan-supplement that greatly expanded the setting.
>>
>>53062836

I personally thought the ideas were cool and pretty good. Hell the appendix alone was great for Firearms, vehicles, and charms for them. If anything I see the potential for them + the cancelled Shard. You can make an entire book out of the setting, the real victim here was wordcount as you're basically given an overview for like 3 books of materials.

But I'm not deluded. I'm well aware that the main line is the money maker. Shards may've done really well, but expanding each of the books into their own things is a pretty hard sell in the first place. I mean Scion 2e's concept is far easier to sell and friendlier to market.
>>
>>53062917
Wait, what canceled shard?
>>
File: BustyNoble.png (2MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BustyNoble.png
2MB, 1000x1200px
>>53062917

I suppose my issue with it is that I play Exalted to play Exalted. If I wanted other settings, I'd go play different games, I suppose.
>>
>>53062964

IIRC it was codenamed Victoria. It was a Steampunk Exalted shard where Autochton never left Creation. One of the big things of the setting for example would've been several massive long train tracks that went from the Blessed Isle to the North/East/South Creation.

It was canned for Burn Legend.

>>53062995

Which is fair. As I said it's a really hard sell to do. However I think such settings are good if people still want to play Exalted and got bored of the default setting (I go in and out of it)
>>
>>53062995
This was, at the time, also my big problem with Shards. Exalted then was a game that you only really played for the setting; taking it OUT of that setting felt like wildly missing the point.
>>
File: ButterflyGeisha.jpg (634KB, 1400x1130px) Image search: [Google]
ButterflyGeisha.jpg
634KB, 1400x1130px
>>53063042

Yeah, thats the same feeling I have. It's also why a lot of fluff changes for 3E don't sit well with me. It feels like someones homebrew idea of Exalted instead of feeling like Exalted.
>>
>>53062831

Fucking glorious, thank you!

>>53062914

Did not actually know that existed until now!
>>
>>53056881
>>53056881
>>53060690
That's actually pretty standard with gilding of all kinds, because of how it's applied to the edges of the paper.

I've had it happen with fancy versions of The Divine Comedy, to the collector's edition of Deathwatch.
>>
>>53063109
>It's also why a lot of fluff changes for 3E don't sit well with me. It feels like someones homebrew idea of Exalted instead of feeling like Exalted.
Howso?
>>
>>53063712
It's probably the new Exalted. That's what people who dislike 3E fluff usually complain about.
>>
>>53062995
Is that genderbent Sesshomaru?
>>
>>53063771
That's all? I think the Liminals are kinda being wedged in, but the Getimen sound like a really need counter-point to the Sidereals (without being evolved mary sues like the Nocturnals), while Exigents are something that people have basically been home-brewing on their own since forever.
>>
>>53063938
>the Nocturnals

Oh god I fucking forgot about that goofy bit of fanshit.
>>
>>53062836

Masters of Jade was pretty good, ad Chompy Cake-Thief is staying on as an iconic Lunar.
>>
>>53063938

>mary sues like the Nocturnals

I've only ever heard of these guys. What are they like? What makes them good or bad?
>>
File: ArmoredRedheadMan.jpg (181KB, 849x965px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredRedheadMan.jpg
181KB, 849x965px
>>53063712

New Exalted primarily, the changes to the setting to accompany that stuff. They just feel incredibly forced to me, like Holden and Morke had some kind of agenda to fit in some homebrew bullshit they had in their own games for years.
>>
>>53063938
>but the Getimen sound like a really need counter-point to the Sidereals

The Sidereals already had many counters. Basically, everything outside of Fate, which was a fairly large roster.
>>
>>53055955
me too, but only because I'm really looking forward to stealing that, like I do for every game that has dlc cut from the main launch. (even games I don't own, just hoard it on a harddrive out of spite)
>>
>>53061630
slippys hit!
>>
File: DisdainForPlebs.jpg (24KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
DisdainForPlebs.jpg
24KB, 400x462px
>>53064425
>slippy
>>
>>53064326
"Minuend used to be the feared and worshiped sorcerer-queen of a wealthy, upstart kingdom in the deep South, until she woke up one day and wasn't. She aims to reclaim what was taken from her, and to punish those responsible."
This was one of the examples given for a getimian. It sounds to me like she was snarled out of her destiny, and that the snarling has something to do with why she is a getimian now. That her identity and whole life was stolen from her. And that sounds super compelling to me.
>>
The Greco-Roman deities always as strike me as unrelatable, especially when I compare them to the Norse gods. Most of the Aesir and Vanir will freely admit their shortcomings, which has allowed some of them to become greater or just deal with particular crises in unexpected ways. This is hindering my ability to write adventures for this setting. Can anyone recommend me any stories where the Greco-Roman deities were brought low and had no choice but to deal with some gritty and/or humiliating shit?
>>
>>53064671
Why do you need the greco-roman deities to be relatable to write adventures for this setting? They aren't in this setting.
>>
>>53061756
>>53064671
Are you guys confusing Exalted with Scion, by chance?
>>
>>53064795
No I am not.

>>53064736
In real life Apollo became Sol became Sol Invicuts. Likewise, Artemis became Diana became Luna. Those gods and goddesses are the basis for these fictional ones, which don't currently have much characterization as a result of 3E's publishing schedule operating on a geological timescale. Thus I'm trying to fill in the gaps with material from real world myth, but doing so is hard when the most famous story about Apollo and Artemis is about them killing fourteen children to punish their mother for her hubris.

More importantly, why does it even fucking matter why I need to use this as creative fuel? It works. It helps me write. How many people who post in these threads actually run a 3E game?
>>
>>53064902
So if you can't think of any appropriate stories from greco-roman myth, why not take from other myths?
>>
>>53064955
The deities I would borrow from would have to have enough in common with Sol and Luna to justify it thematically. Off the top of my head I can think of one god, Marduk, that I could borrow from. So your suggestion works, but it isn't as good as actually reading up on Apollo/Sol and Artemis/Luna. And the problem with trying to find good greek/roman stories is that THERE ARE SO MANY. That's a lot of chaff to separate from the wheat. And given what colossal nerds fa/tg/uys tend to be, I thought I could get some help narrowing down the list.
>>
>>53061435

The ones who are writing them have the best mechanical track record so far, so there's hope.
>>
>>53063938
>>53063960
>>53064212
I too demand to know about terrible exalted fan stuff!
>>
Tell me stories about the campaign you're in/running/would run if you're so inclined.

Hoping to run this and just about finished first pass through the rulebook. Also going through lore videos, it's pretty dense but I'm really liking the setting. Just looking to see how other people do it.
>>
>>53065474
Nocturnals were basically sort of...they were Attribute-based Exalts (because seriously people treated being Ability-based as some kind of leprous condition at that time; I *still* see people begging the devs to make Sidereals not Ability based) with themes of memory and foiling destinies. They had a strong Dr. Who vibe; a Nocturnal was (barring violence or incident) immortal but would shift in identities every so often.

They weren't very strong individually, intentionally being aimed for the bottom bound of Celestial tier power, but they could still do some crazy shit. They could even engage in a sort of faux-time travel.

They also sort of had a theme of rebellion about themselves. They opposed the Sidereals, but were also apparently meant as mates to them the way the Lunars were to the Solars.
>>
>>53065817
That's....actually less terrible than I thought.
>>
>>53065833
I might be underselling the goofiness a tad because my memory is full of gaps about the material.

But hey, a lot of people DID like them.

Oh. They're the chosen of an Incarna called Nox, who has...fuck I don't remember most of his backstory. Except he's not the same as Five Days Darkness.
>>
>>53064902
>How many people who post in these threads actually run a 3E game?

I'm going to assume the people in a setting specific game like Exalted, use it to run Exalted, not some homebrew weirdness. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm just saying if you come in spouting weird shit like you expect anyone to know what the fuck you're talking about, you're gonna not find anyone knowing what you're on about.
>>
So what are popular deviation from canon that people like/think they work? One reason I never managed to run Exalted was just that there was so much fluff to know and account for that the one time I tried I just went 'fuck it, nothing exist outside of the corebook'. Well, maybe not 'nothing', obviously the core metaphysics and mechanics of the various Exalt types remained it's just that I generally tried to not lose 10 hours of planning cross-referencing everything to make sure it was lore-compliant if said compliance was ruining my game.
>>
>>53063154

Happy you like it!
>>
File: SolarOnHorse.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SolarOnHorse.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>53065981

Thats how most people run most games I'd assume, given so many games have mountains of fluff shit spread across like 30 books easily these days, it's impossible to recall every last detail every second of the day, especially if it's about places and things you personally don't give a shit about or in places the campaign will never go.

My standard line as a GM is "Another group of Exalt's handled it" when it comes to any sort of shit cropping up that would've ended the world or otherwise fucked everything up.
>>
>>53066051
>Thats how most people run most games I'd assume
Having tried to play Exalted online during the height of 2e this wasn't what I saw. I saw clear cut adherence to the lore and metaplot bullshit out the wazoo like the bad days of Vampire.
>>
>>53065757
Can't say much as some of my players lurk these threads but I just started a game where the characters have complete Hollywood Amnesia, they can talk and understand how the world works on a general level but lack any knowledge of their past. Up to and including what the hell they are good at.

The players have no idea what their character has dots in, what their Charms are, and what there backstory is. I had 5 other people create full characters, backstory, Intimacies, NPCs, and all. I had final say and I sculpted them together into a cohesive collection. The idea is they have to learn about who they were and what they are capable of by interacting with the world. They won't know they're good at swords until they have to attack or defend with one, then I let them know how many dice they have to the action. Slowly letting them piece together their Attributes, Abilities, and Specialties. Charms I'm using for the first time on their behalf when it's appropriate, after which they have full control over when they can use it having "learned" it.

This wasn't a surprise or anything, this was the premise I sold the campaign on so I didn't suddenly pull a gotcha when the game started. Can't really talk about the plot overall but the first session seemed to go pretty well.
>>
>>53062831
Okay now I just HAVE to read this, because I'm in the minority who thought the Shard book was actually cool, especially Heaven's Reach and the Modern Age shards.

Shame the book only had four shards, would have loved to see more alternate versions of Creation.
>>
>>53066225

Modern Creation was one of the ones I thought about, but in the end I decided as HR as I thought it was more flexible.
>>
>>53067009
IMO the issue with Modern Exalted is that, being not-our-world-but-close-enough it would invariably draw upon shitstorm at historical similarities and people having their own biases.
>>
>>53067040

I'd personally rather have a "Creation but ideas from our world" rather than having it be Earth. After seeing some of the shitstorms from WoD discussions I'd rather not have things to do with real Earth.

I mean I could. Hell it'd save quite a bit of space, but it comes with its own baggage.
>>
>>53067169
Speaking of 'ideas from our world' and how Exalted clearly draws from all mythologies and world history: in my ill-fated Exalted game (it was a failure, it was years ago, its pointless of me to expand on it) I distinctly recall one player whose concept was...a knight. As in medieval knight.

Now initially I recall scoffing at the idea, since the pure european trappings seemed a little weird given how Exalted is very very asian (just less so in some regions). However, recently I've started to think back on it, especially given my willingness, as pointed out here >>53065981 that while I draw inspiration from canon but doesn't stick to it this also include to countries and cultures. And to which I ask: is the idea of a map chunk which is more classic medieval europe too 'wrong' for Exalted?

No, I don't mean medieval fantasy like D&D, this shit has a bad rep for a reason. My idea, should I ever run Exalted again and come to use such an idea (hah, yeah right) was to cling more to HISTORICAL europe, as opposed to the cheap, shitty 'fantasy europe' everyone tend to use. More specifically the dark age to low middle age era. Does such a place even exist in Creation? Because put through an Exalted lense and adjusted for a lack of monotheism in Creation it totally seem like the kind of place that could exist in-setting. But I could be wrong. Or I could just have forgotten a place which actually exist anyway.
>>
>>53067346
This is probably doable; I'd set it either in the North (because that's where you get humans with European-esque features) or somewhere in the Hundred Kingdoms.
>>
>>53067376
My basic idea was looking more at HOW the middle ages came to be and how it influenced things. What we call the 'Dark Ages' came from the collapse of the Roman Empire, which imo maps up well to the Shogunate. There has always been people making comparison between knights and samurai, of course, and I'd actually ideally play off this idea.

So you'd have a chunk of land which is culturally and ethnically different from the Realm about as much as say, people in other places can be. The rest of the elements of dung age middle age are right there off the bat in Exalted, but can be turned to eleven for good measure: superstitious folk deathly afraid of ghosts and/or demon (perhaps there's something close enough to warrant such high spiritual activity, like a shadowland...or maybe they're just paranoid morons). Toothless peasants. 'Nobles' and an elite warrior caste...who are really just one or two generation removed from tribal conquerors. Oh and splash in, for good measure, an obsession with remaking the Shogunate or something similar despite the people involved being nothing like the Shogunate or not even Dragon-Blooded. But then again the 'Holy Roman Empire' was neither holy nor roman!

A few more elements I thought which could be Exalted-ified of what we associate with europe are the folk heroes and saints, like Saint George and King Arthur. Bonus points if its just really badly deformed versions of the tales of long-forgotten Solar. Fuck, maybe that Sword-in-the-stone nobody can pick up is really an Orichalcum Daiklave.
>>
>>53067532
Adding to this: the idea, loose as it may be, was to mesh the grim and gritty of the technological, social and politic styling of the early middle ages with the folklore drawn from the whole middle age period+europe in general. Injecting just enough of Exalted-ness in it might make for a decent little chunk of map IMO.
>>
File: strange-monsters-1.jpg (36KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
strange-monsters-1.jpg
36KB, 640x441px
You know what I rarely see discussed in Exalted threads unless people are talking about Infernals? Demon and Yozi. Anyone ever fluffed some cool demons? Doesn't need to be some world-ending monstrosity Third Circle Demon, I just mean something weird and alien which could make for some fun encounter or moment where the players are just scratching their heads, trying to understand just wtf is going on in the demon's alien head.
>>
File: Not Sure If Bait.jpg (54KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Not Sure If Bait.jpg
54KB, 604x453px
>>53065979
I'm not trying to homebrew anything. The Sol Invictus of real life is who the Sol Invictus of Exalted is based on. Sol Invictus came from Sol, who came from Apollo. I'm not sure how I could explain this more clearly. If I were to adopt the definition of 'homebrew' that you're using, just watching DBZ or a Wuxia film or reading Conan to gain understanding of the setting elements in Exalted setting would be homebrew. The game is set in Creation and I want to figure out how Sol will react to the party because they've reached E3 at such an impressive speed that they've caught Sol's eye and he will be communicating with them. That's not homebrew,
>>
>>53068442
>The Sol Invictus of real life is who the Sol Invictus of Exalted is based on

Not really, aside from the name. Frankly, the Unconquered Sun has more in common with Zeus (what with the whole rebelling against his creator thing) and, believe it or not, Lucifer (same deal).
>>
>>53068566
Sol Invictus was a straight-up war god, and a god of soldiers, whereas Zeus was not. Zeus was more like a living embodiment of kingship. Much more blunt, less dedicated to hone excellence more about raw power. And while Apollo wasn't the lord of the Olympians, Sol eventually did become known as an unstoppable, unconquerable god. At the apex of his worship other gods could be considered as equal to him, but not above him. The Lucifer thing is an extremely good point though, and I'm genuinely grateful you brought that up.

Seriously, I'm not here to pick a fight. I want meaningful conversations to occur between Sol Invictus and the party. I want visions and omens and dreams and divine punishment.
>>
>>53068442
>The Sol Invictus of real life is who the Sol Invictus of Exalted is based on

Hahahahahahahahaha.

HAhahahahahahahahahahaha.
>>
File: Shitposting.png (15KB, 414x399px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.png
15KB, 414x399px
>>53068913
Educate me.
>>
>>53069060
>>53069122
>>53069166
>>53069177
>>53069215
Okay, which one of you started this?
>>
>>53062831
Does the author accept suggestions and new ideas?
>>
>>53069392

That'd be me.

Depends on what they are. I wanted to include a language list, but by the end I so exhausted I couldn't write for like a week after (That document was done in two months).
>>
File: 1417559359727.gif (1MB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
1417559359727.gif
1MB, 499x654px
>>53063109
I always wanted to play a Drive Supernal Exalt in a modern setting, using firearms and charm to get what I need and look fabulous as fuck while doing it. Glorious Solar Hotrod racing down the street while blasting Carpenter Brut, oh yes.
>>
File: 1492616828553.jpg (85KB, 503x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492616828553.jpg
85KB, 503x394px
>>53069250

>They're into the second thread of that shit.

Why do they do this to themselves?
>>
>>53069446
Well I noticed you admitted you aren't really all that good at writing Yozi (which I disagree, mind you, most of the work in that document is the kind of splendid word-vomit of fan ideas from which the coolest shit emerge) and related matters. While I am exceedingly tired from work today, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at some Yozi writeups next thread if you are remotely interested.
>>
>>53069573

Yozi writeups for Heaven's Reach or Yozi writeups from my Infernal document?
>>
>>53068813
I don't recall Apollo being a war god either, though.

I'm not picking a fight with you either, just saying really that there's not quite THAT much of Apollo in the UCS.

>>53069552
To be fair, it stopped really quickly in the second thread.
>>
>>53069628
Yozi...IN SPAAAAAACE! So, former.
>>
>>53069663
>I'm not picking a fight with you either, just saying really that there's not quite THAT much of Apollo in the UCS.

Basically you pick every sun god and ruling god of a pantheon in history and you roll them into the Unconqured Sun. He has so many different aspects and tropes its stupid.
>>
>>53069663
Oh never mind there's one faggot who's trying to keep it going.
>>
>>53069706

Sure if you want. I'll throw it in the PDF version I'm planning on doing, mainly because this document is going to explode if I add something like another 50 pages. The laptop I wrote it on could barely handle loading a document of that size in one piece.
>>
I know this is not the place to really ask for or expect to get advice on Exalted. But I built a Exigent of a god of knowledge. I am trying to figure out what his fighting style would be. He already has celestial sorcery but I am trying to figure out his native charms that would be applicable to combat. Or rather the style of charms.

I was going with the idea that he can read people's minds and reverse the success TNs. Basically make 1's double successes 2-4 a success and make 7-10 failures. Since he knows what the enemy is planning to do he goes around it and the more successful they try and make the attack the less they actually will succeed. I had the charm tree pretty much done but I don't feel its really appropriate to a Exalt of knowledge. But I can't really think of a theme that is knowledge oriented to give this guy for combat. Anybody got any suggestions?
>>
>>53069663
>I don't recall Apollo being a war god either, though.
Sol Invictus was. The Roman General Aurelia tried to make him the sole god of the empire.
>>
>>53062831
Are we going to get Infernals for this?
>>
>>53069927

Why not have him use a Martial Art?
>>
>>53069927

Give him bonuses as he learns. The first attack he makes against a target has no bonuses, but for the second, he understands some of his opponent's style, so he gets a bonus, progressing in steps until he has a complete understanding of his opponent's style and tactical thought process, and defeats them effortlessly.

Give him charms that progress himself long that process by reading intentions, and stuff.
>>
>>53070002
I thought about it but I don't really feel like any fit him. He has been around long enough though that he would have picked some up but I was trying to come up with something unique and fun. Ran into a problem when my idea turned out to be better suited for a different Exalt.
>>
>>53070048
Ah. This I like. I was thinking of something along this line but could not figure out a way to implement it. I can work with this. Thanks anon.
>>
>>53062831
How does this NOT have 'The Metabarons' as reference material is beyond me. Or is this gem of an euro comic that obscure to american audiences?
>>
>>53070131

I never heard of it in my life so...

From what I saw on Wikipedia it does look neat though.
>>
>>53070238
It used to be hard to find in print in english but if you use the internet for 10 second you can probably find some website which has scans of the english translation. It's fucking perfect material for Heaven's Reach.
>>
So what are some interesting limit triggers you have seen that aren't from the core? Ones that your players came up with for their own character.
>>
>>53070400

Whenever anyone treated the Solar as a better. The character had major self-esteem issues... and limit breaks.
>>
>>53070400

A gem from the old Exalted wiki

Flaw: Carnal Compassion
Trigger: Go an entire week without sexual intercourse
Effect: Overcome with lust, the Solar will do everything possible in order to to have sex. Seducing and tempting others is one way, but if need be doing thnigs such as rape are not off the table. The Solar will typically go for the character who has the highest Appearance in the scene. This limit break ends when the Solar is satisfied with a lovemaking session.
>>
File: SpearUser.jpg (110KB, 900x1150px) Image search: [Google]
SpearUser.jpg
110KB, 900x1150px
>>53070534

So it's a worse (as in, mechanically inferior) version of Overindulgence?
>>
So, what went wrong?
>>
File: HoldenGetsTolden.png (153KB, 734x653px) Image search: [Google]
HoldenGetsTolden.png
153KB, 734x653px
>>53070960

This. But it's OK, they got rid of it. We'll get better now.
>>
>>53070978
That picture is even less funny now that we're rid of him, dude.
>>
>>53069552
I really like WoD actually. It's a shame their general is...well. That
>>
So wait, are both the bestiary thing and the antagonist thing going to be monthly or are they going to alternate by month?
>>
So Solar Counterattack "occurs after the opponent’s attack result, but before damage has been rolled." Does that mean that your attack also finishes resolving before your attackers? If you have a big enough decisive, you can kill your assailant without taking any damage?
>>
>>53071716
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/
>>
>>53070978
I've never understood how that's supposed to be an example of Holden getting 'told'. Anon basically says that he disagrees, and that's that. There's nothing witty or funny being said, there's no argument being made one way or another, there's nothing worth screencapping.
>>
>>53071786

>Counterattacks don't affect the damage of the attack being countered

Cheers, thanks.
>>
For 2.5 edition Exalted what was the optimization for bonus points for solar exalted? I can't figure out if it's better to get charms or get abilities. Since charms seem to be the only thing that matters for power.
>>
>>53072764

Abilities. Charms are usually a waste
>>
>>53072898
Why would charms be a waste? If you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>53072764
Willpower, Virtues, Abilities. I used to have the most optimal character layout but I have long sense lost that.
>>
>>53072918
Charms are 8xp but they cost 4BP meaning that each BP is only worth 2xp, very inefficient use of BP. Willpower scaled at 2xp times current rating, so going from 5>6 cost 10, then 12, 14, 16, 18. Netting you 70xp at 1BP per dot I think it was so 5BP total or 14xp per BP spent.
>>
>>53065887

I think he was the brother to the Five Maidens, who they killed, or cast out or something.
>>
>>53065817
>>53065833
Nocturnals aren't bad, really.

They had a lot of time travel themed charms, with things like casting an object into your own future or duplicating it by stealing its own future. They were basically Doctor Who exalts. They weren't as powerful as other exalts, but could do some really esoteric shit.

They were fun, a little disjointed, but still strong thematically.

Most of the hate come from the fact that they are third party, and as such they can only be shit, because they ain't official, bro.
>>
>>53064326
One of the old complaints was that if Sidereals are supposed to be dealing with that sort of shit all the time, then they should have more Charms to do it with. They might be addressing that.

Honestly Sidereals have a lot of issues that need to be addressed. Making Astrology useful and interesting, without being expensive or a complicated pain in the ass. SMA. While the rest are all having do with how they play with others, as well as their standing within the world re: spirits and heaven. The base charms fucking working, since I'm one of those purists who thinks it should stay closed.

>>53065833
>That's....actually less terrible than I thought.
Well, they did have a long time to trim off the worst bits
>>
>>53074435
>One of the old complaints was that if Sidereals are supposed to be dealing with that sort of shit all the time, then they should have more Charms to do it with. They might be addressing that.

Actually, stuff outside of Fate was specifically supposed to be the Sid blind spot. Their Charms/Astrology were supposed to not work/be less effective against/etc. such things. Thats why a bunch of big setting threats (Deathlords, Abyssals, Fae, etc.) completely blindsided them, they literally couldn't see the shit coming like they could everything else.

They really didn't need a whole faction dedicated to fucking with them, because there should've been more than enough of that between Abyssals and Fae.
>>
Question, anons: if two characters with time-stopping Evocations like Gnomon's are fighting each other (say, a Sidereal with a starmetal bow whose arms were reforged from a 1st Age magitech clock that some lunars ruined vs a Solar Twilight with Claws of the Wood Dragon as a Control Spell, whose claws are made from the wood of the Peach Trees of Immortality), would you allow them to stunt their attacks on each other (along with the defenses against those attacks) as taking place within the stopped time more freely?

Something like Dio Brando vs Jotaro Kujo, basically.
>>
>>53055916
>What are you looking forward to the most in the next few releases to come?
Even if I can't learn them all... Martial Arts, Martial Arts, Martial Arts.
>>
>>53065887
>Nox
Oh boy, where to start...
When the primordials created the incarnae they mostly did constallations and heavenly bodies, but at night luna and the maidens do not fill the whole sky with their light, the darkness between the stars was Nox, brother to the maidens.
He sort of had the assignment to watch over fate as overseer and primordial liaison and loved his sisters in all he wrong ways.
Due to his close ties to the primordials it was deemed most important to win him over, but he would have none of that. That is until Venud prostitutd herself for the incarnae and pretty much went ¨I'll tell mom and dad what you did to me if you don't keep your mouth shut about us wanting to kill them.¨ which worked as well as you can expect, but gave them enough time to do the celestial equivalent of binding him to a chair breaking his legs with a baseball bat and hitting him in the head a fewe times over for good measure.
Along with the revisions to the loom of fate the maidens asked Autochthon for hecame up with the idea of using their brother to make it sentient. It was a good idea, especially considering them hit him so hard he went insane.
And this is why we have four large parties working on the loom right now. Pattern spiders wh just want to keep things in order, that strange child using the view points of all the maidens and ending up doing nothing, the siddies and their commitees and the sentient loom of fate/nox hybid that things all theforbidden gods must be kept secret forever.
>>
>>53071828
Wow, this might lead to these infamous oubble K.O. situations.
>>
>>53075620
The majority of that's not canon. He's actually just a character who got a one- or two-line mention in either Compass:Yu-Shan or BoEP:Sidereals, where they mention him as being the Primordial-loyalist brother of the Maidens who got stuffed into the Loom.
>>
>>53075698

Ans like all things that got a one or two line mention, the fans took it and ran as far as they could with it.
>>
>>53068209
Yeah, I've made a whole bunch of homebrewed demons. I can post them up if you want.
>>
Out of curiosity, /tg/, I've written up an Order of Battle for a Wyld Hunt designed to go after PCs after they've started kingdom-building and I'm curious to see what you guys think of it.

I've tried to make each of the Exalted enemies unique and interesting without delving into homerules or venturing too far from the Quick Characters in the back of the book. Artifact Evocations and Martial Arts charms are an excellent way to do that.

Additionally, if the PCs charge straight into a head-on battle with all of them, they'll probably be crushed, but ideally that'll mean that they get to have a bunch of interesting adventures fighting a military campaign against them to whittle their numbers down (and dealing with things like ninja squads sneaking into their camps at night to murder them and/or their people), or engaging in social encounters to sway the loyalties of individual Dragonblooded. You know, make the Wyld Hunt's attack a proper adventure, rather than just a single pitched battle. You can separate the various enemy Exalts into a few broad groups (legion soldiers/attaches, monks, and ninjas), and at a bare minimum, it ought to be possible to run a fight against each one in sequence.

https://pastebin.com/VRBhy6sW

Thoughts?
>>
>>53065981
Faxia is on the north chain of Islands because I fucked up.
>>
>>53068566
>Lucifer
Hunters = Solar Exalted
Hunters were given their power by Lucifer
Lucifer = Sol
Ebon Dragon made Sol
Ebon Dragon = God
>>
>>53075698
Most of that is somewhere in the book, Sidereals even, iirc, it's not been that long, so I might have mixed one or two things up, but the general gist of things should be that.
>>
>>53075620
>at night

you mean that thing that didn't happen until the sun poured half his power into 300 of autochthon's primordial slaying weapons and set for the first time?
>>
>>53076503
do it
>>
>>53075698
Jup Sidereals starting at page 88 'Forbidden Incarnae'.
Page 89 has this gem.
>First, Venus whored herself, seducing Nox into a sexual relationship that would have embarrassed him before the Primordials. Jupiter caused him to fear his secret incest’s exposure, rendering him susceptible to blackmail.
Left collumn and this gem
>Autochthon then came forward with a solution. He broke Nox’s mind and then linked what remained of his intellect to the Loom of Fate so that the Loom would have a limited sentience, just enough to coordinate the activities of the Bureau of Destiny—and perform the functions of Oversight. Some might question the wisdom of putting a braindamaged Incarna sympathetic to the Primordials in charge of the Loom of Fate.
Starting on the last line of the first collumn.
>>
>>53078447
>>First, Venus whored herself, seducing Nox into a sexual relationship that would have embarrassed him before the Primordials. Jupiter caused him to fear his secret incest’s exposure, rendering him susceptible to blackmail.
Aside from the obvious answer of 'shit writing', why would Primordials give a fuck about this?
>>
>>53078612
You mean except for some laughing about it? I have no idea.
>>
>>53077699
>Imbued given their power by Lucifer

The books are inconsistent about that, so it's unlikely that he's responsible. That aside, trying to run references as anything more than easter egg namedrops is not really very productive or functional.
>>
>>53077579

>2x Art 5's
>Size 5 battlegroup

You know size 5 is like 10,000 troops right?

Otherwise looks fine.
>>
>>53064326
>The Sidereals already had many counters.
>>53074473
>Actually, stuff outside of Fate was specifically supposed to be the Sid blind spot.
Agreed, but while it is a blind spot for them, their job with the Bureau of Destiny is to deal with stuff in Creation messing with the loom. And most of that stuff is Outside of Fate... hence the complaints that grew as time wore on.

Also I remembered something else that the Getimen bring to the table. They will presumably be able to play spy games on par with Sidereals.
>>
There's now a write-up of the five Immaculate Styles in the Clutch of Dragons folder, for those that are interested.
>>
>>53079245
Link it, nigga.
>>
>>53078612
>why would Primordials give a fuck about this?

Cthulhu's are weird, man.
>>
>>53079177
>wants to play spy games with things
>things exist that you can't see
>whines when said things are also able to play spy games because you can't automatically see what they're doing
>makes NEW FACTION of spies who can do the same damn thing people were apparently complaining about in the first place

???
>>
>>53079286
It's in the O-
>See all the EX3 links are now hidden in a pastebin in the OP
Huh, sorry. It's in the general homebrew dumping folder. Here's the folder itself:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7fu7UhPrhKodlNfLVZCcXRiVzg

And the five styles:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14d6dDSiUC2EfyaxksCo-ql7_lPj5hWLezO67qyK7uLQ/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WduMR_eI4fjtiHSZBNYuzZcif7177wv9lStzXeUTzTw/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1stIbdIKx0ALfG3p-oZ368heryPPD13ftwxbw4CECAZA/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11L_2_jggQlKfiunTiPi7GonhRUJubhn8DgMf4l-rz0M/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-xjrZdkn8nEirK8sVny8UE4XVX8PXG99l7Y8Pz2Se8/edit
>>
>>53079339
And people wonder why I have a hard time taking the critics of Ex3 seriously.
>>
>>53078447
>First, Venus whored herself, seducing Nox into a sexual relationship that would have embarrassed him before the Primordials. Jupiter caused him to fear his secret incest’s exposure, rendering him susceptible to blackmail.

Venus, the goddess of love, sex, rape, and whore, whored herself to his brother. Wow anon, that's really out of character!

Just get out of your SJW mindset anon, and think about the thousand real world mythologies around the globe talking about rape, whore, divine whore, and incestuous relationship. If you really think about it, you'll find that little snippet is excellent and read like Titanomachy myth.
>>
File: 1445636048458.jpg (53KB, 736x970px) Image search: [Google]
1445636048458.jpg
53KB, 736x970px
>>53071822
But doesn't what we know bear out anon's statement then?

It seems like it does.
>>
>>53074473
I hated this idea that Sids are awful against things outside of Fate. They were made to fight the Primordials and every part of them from the world body to 1st Circle Demons are Outside Fate. They would have been functionally useless in the Primordial War if they couldn't deal with this shit.
>>
>>53080159
I think that happened after they became the Yozi, dude.

Also, they're not useless, just not immediately prepared for anything.
>>
>>53080222
No, Gaia and Autochthon are also both outside of Fate. Any Primordial is since they basically function as their own Loom of Fate.

And the 2.5 rewrite added a shit ton of stuff that let them deal with beings outside of Fate. I really hope that in this edition Sidereals start baseline being good at all this.
>>
>>53079349
Ooh, stealing some of those wood dragon charms as evocations for wood dragon claw.
>>
What do you imagine is the fashion sense like in the Hundred Kingdoms? Sijan and Great Forks, for example.
>>
>>53081405
Sijan and Great Forks are there own cities, hundreds of miles away from the Hundred Kingdoms.

As for the question I would imagine it varies widely, since it not called the hundred kingdoms for nothing. What would be common in one place could easily be taboo two countries over, and styles would change constantly as this or that ruler conquers your city before being ousted themselves. Uniforms would be especially important for any higher ups or army people, too quickly identify their own faction. Other then that I imagine vaguely medieval Europe look, befitting their reference to such feudal states.

In Sijan it would almost exclusively be dark colors, especially purple, with formal clothing predominant. What type of formal clothing however would be widespread and incredibly varied, as nobles from all over Creation come to hold rites. Sijan is home to many skilled tailors who must clothe the dead in the style of their culture, and these styles would pass down to the populace.

In Great Forks the brighter and more noticeable the better, performers and entrepreneurs vying for attention for both mortal and divine patrons. Every citizen carries a few talismans and symbols of their favored gods, and the streets are filled with merchants hawking charms and clothing to earn the favor of the divine.
>>
>>53064187
>54 cakes
>not even the Lunars can surpass Lex Luthor's villany
>>
File: WhiteHairQueen.jpg (215KB, 1000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteHairQueen.jpg
215KB, 1000x1520px
>>53081405

Given the HK is supposed to be filled with different city-states and little kingdoms, I'd assume it varies wildly all over the place. So go nuts, do what you want.

I once used the HK to basically play out the plot to Xenogears on a smaller scale simply because I could.
>>
Would you play a setting where;
>only Terrestial Exalted
>Mortals are awakened, and can go up to essence 4
>can use up to Requriment 2-3 charms, no excellencies
>Mortals are the one with great infrastructure, and rulers of the current worlds (The Realm)
>Gods are the overseers of everything (Sidereals)
>Finally dragon blooded are the outasts
>DB go into two faction; one that wants to conquer humans, and one that wants to live in peace with them.

Yes, it is what you think it is
>>
>>53083052
Meh. Of all the ways to screw and re-imagine Exalted, especially an 'Exalted but with less Exalted' you picked some of the worst ideas ever.
>>
>>53084584
I've realized that by the time I've typed it, but then I thought; fuck it, the thread needs a bump anyways.
>>
>>53084684
It's okay, we all have terrible ideas sometimes.
>>
>>53083052
It would certainly not have nearly as many problems as the current iteration.

But so would simply designing the game with DBs as the default Exalt type.
>>
Speaking of alternate settings, my current Exalted ST is really the kind of guy to take a setting and gut it apart, turning it into something more to his liking. His Exalted game is rather noticeably more lighthearted and silly than the expected somewhat grim tone. And yet I'm...totally okay with this, somehow. He's fucked up the setting, yes, but it isn't like he didn't warn us in advance. Some of the changes:

>'Noblebright'
The guy is allergic to dark and overly depressing settings.

>Solar and Lunar Exalted are new
In his version of the setting, the Solar and Lunar weren't fielded during the Primordial War (which he says went differently from the canon version but to what extent has never been truly expanded upon and it's not relevant to the current plot). While even now it's unclear if their Exaltation existed but were simply never fielded, the fact is they just popped because the UCS and Luna looked at Creation and went "Fine, I suppose we can take a few turns off the Game to help fix the mess". The Great Curse here, however, represent an inherent flaw in the perfection of the Solar and UCS themselves or maybe just inherent human flaws when hooked to a giant golden battery of solar perfection. Lunar, DB and Sidereal Great Curse remain unknown.

>Exigent replace the Solar and Lunar as the Exalt of the First Age
This one was originally not in his first pitch but he did mention he'd plan to show some Exigent as NPC given he liked the concept from 3E. Given how he hadn't completely rewritten so many elements, I suggested to him that the 'Anathema' of the First Age could have been Exigent, an idea he ran with.While they aren't treated by the DB as poorly as canon Solar and Lunar, the Exigent of his setting basically are stuck in the same crappy position as their lesser god patron by the Immaculate Faith. It has been theorized by the players that the mighty Exalted who slew the Primordial at Creation's Dawn were the 'Exigent' (so to speak) of the various Bureau.
>>
>>53085063
>The Abyssal/Infernal/We're-not-sure-what-to-call-them
Since Solar are new, the Abyssals obviously cannot be 'inverted Solar'. Mechanically they are sort of, so far, but that is mostly because he didn't feel like remaking entire charm trees. From what I understand so far, they are a 'Fake Exaltation', some sort of horrible cursed construct of Essence which (mostly) function as one when bound to a mortal but clearly is not an Exaltation made by Autochton. The reason I call them Infernal at times is that they appear to be backed equally by the Yozi as the Neverborn and the relation just isn't clear and remain a mystery. Their caste mimic the Infernal in name since as previously mentioned it would not make sense for them to be 'Inverted Solar'. The only major difference between this false exaltation and a real one is that it can be destroyed but only in the few minutes after the destruction of the attached Abyssal and requiring Spirit-damaging charms. Oh and it has a mind of it's own, can flee and even defend itself. So, yeah, not as easy as it sound.

They clearly draw more from Abyssals than Infernals, however, given their deathly appearance, use of soulsteel and necromantic powers and yet there are hints of the presence and meddling of the Ebon Dragon behind them, leading to the theory that the EB is somehow working with the Neverborn, perhaps the sole Yozi to do so. Alternatively, one possibility is that the EB *is* a Neverborn in this universe, having been slain during the war.
>>
What does the Immaculate canon have to say about mental illness and congenital diseases and deformities?
>>
>>53085643
Don't recall anything concrete about that. But Dragon-Blooded do, or at least used to, have Medicine charms specifically for treating mental illnesses, so perhaps a mode of compassion is called for.
>>
>>53083052
what do i think it is?
>>
>>53085707
Exalted X-Men
>>
>>53085643
I imagine that amongst superstitious peasants it is seen as some sign of spiritual impurity, where one is reincarnated in a weak, frail or hideous body for acts which are morally and spiritually impure but not bad enough to warrant crappier reincarnation.
>>
>>53085730
why can the mortals use charms too then?
>>
>>53079953
Nigger he was just reporting the facts. You're the one assuming he made some kind of judgment on it.
>>
Anyone got a link to the Yozi being compared to a personality disorder? I'm trying to writeup my own Yozi for fun but can't find that reference.
>>
>>53087068
Don't, it's a retarded idea and I'm gladd it was tossed out.
>>
>>53087216
Why? It made sense!
>>
>>53087068
They're scifi phenomena, not disorders. Malfeas is literally a Dyson Sphere. Adorjan is the vacuum of space. Swillen is psionics. Isidoros is a black hole. Etc.
>>
>>53087342
So where should one go/look at for inspiration if they were to flesh out a new, homebrewed Yozi?
>>
>>53079131
>2x Art 5's
Probably 4x Artifact 5s (the Warstrider and its weapon), and yes. This is a significant force being dedicated by the Realm, and being led by an officer with over a hundred years of experience. It's only natural that they'd want to bring their best to fight a group of Solars who's had time to establish themselves.

>Size 5 battlegroup
>You know size 5 is like 10,000 troops right?
I'm pretty sure you're off by a factor of ten - it's more like a thousand people. That's why there's five of them in the Legion's core forces - a Legion is, by default, about 5000 troops.
>>
>>53063771
>>53064303

More Exalted? I started ignoring new Exalted back when they added Infernals. I'll get to skip a good chunk of this book when I read it, it seems.
>>
>>53064303
>>53088360
The new Exalted serve a valuable purpose in the setting: they serve as foils for the "main" Exalted. By existing, they show what their foils *aren't*. Given how one of the big problems the Lunars had in previous editions was overly-broad and poorly-defined themes, the inclusion of two new "Lunar foil" Exalted should help them significantly.

Additionally, the Exigents help on a meta-level, since they provide an outlet for homebrew and a way for people to play the different sorts of Exalted that haven't had their books released yet (e.g. Alchemicals).
>>
>>53088889

What Lunar foil?
>>
>>53088889
>Lunar foil
Which ones were those? Getimians are Sidereal foils, Liminals are foils to the Abyssals if anybody, and Exigents are just fancy Godblooded.
>>
>>53088889

>Additionally, the Exigents help on a meta-level, since they provide an outlet for homebrew and a way for people to play the different sorts of Exalted that haven't had their books released yet (e.g. Alchemicals).

But we already have Alchemicals converted.
>>
>>53086298
Because comic book settings make no fucking sense.

>>53088952
Two new types of Exalted who will contrast with Lunars so that Lunars can be what they should be and aren't forced to play host to every last shapeshifting concept imaginable.
>>
>>53089043
They haven't been named or officially announced yet. They might be two of the three we don't know about in that two page splash art (where the Alchemicals are on the far left and the Infernals the far right).
>>
File: P5GoroCutIn2.png (320KB, 1280x512px) Image search: [Google]
P5GoroCutIn2.png
320KB, 1280x512px
>>53089075
>>53089091
>more fucking Exalt types
>more
>MORE

Because the line isn't slow and bloated enough already, right?
>>
>>53089075
>forced to play host to every last shapeshifting concept imaginable.
>forced

Stop talking about a feature like it's a bug.
>>
>>53089091
I vaguely remember john or holden saying there were no infernals on that page. Might be wrong though
>>
>>53089151
It was most certainly a bug. The fluff for lunars was all over the place, in one chapter they were beastmen and in the next chapter they were martian manhunter and then a book over they were the Thing, and you can't really be all of these things at once since typically a shapeshifter is defined by the limits of what they can and can't turn into
>>
>>53089158
If there are no Infernals on that page, what's the guy with the glowing green eyes?
>>
>>53089139

Because the 700 Celestials and 50,000(ish) Dragonblooded in 1e/2e crowded out the system so much when compared to the human population of nearly one billion and lord knows how many spirits. Nor can they be trivally written out of 3e if you wanted them to be.

Get off your fucking hateboner. 3e needed new things to pitch to people as people flock to the "new stuff" label.
>>
>>53089151
Whatever. You'll probably just stick to TAW or something anyway when the official books come out.
>>
>Tfw your kind-hearted and mild-mannered Zenith just found out his past life was a horrible human being that enjoyed torturing people ala Vlad the Impaler or Deus

What have your characters' past lives been like /exg/? Good? Bad? Morally reprehensible? Or just assholes with lots of power?
>>
File: KeepGoing.jpg (169KB, 1034x688px) Image search: [Google]
KeepGoing.jpg
169KB, 1034x688px
>>53089209

Actually, yes, it did crowd out the fucking system. Because it's adding pointless fucking shit to an already bloated line that needs a full, several hundred page rule book for everything that isn't the core, just to provide what amounts to character generation all over again.

It's killing the fucking game too, because guess what most of the antagonists in the games are? Guess what people are whining they're waiting for? Other fucking Exalt types. How much worse do you think this shit is going to get when they keep on heaping on shit like this? How long do they expect people to wait while they dream up "Lunar Counter" and "Sidereal Counter" and "Whogivesafuck Couner" that didn't need to exist in the first place, because you don't need a whole Exalt type who only exists to provide contrast to the others, because the others that already exist already provide fucking contrast to one another.
>>
File: haruka the barbarian.jpg (385KB, 480x740px) Image search: [Google]
haruka the barbarian.jpg
385KB, 480x740px
>>53089310
We've already established that the Lunar foils absolutely need to exist, anon. I don't want to deal with the TAW crowd or the shoggoth fans.
>>
>>53089043
>Getimians are Sidereal foils
They're one of them. The Sidereals and Lunars both have two, and the non-Getimian Sidereal foil and both of the Lunar foils are on the two-page splash at the end of Chapter 1. Which of the three unknown Exalt types on that image correspond to which we don't know yet, nor do we know their names.

>>53089139
>Because the line isn't slow and bloated enough already, right?
Odds are that they'll be introduced in the Antagonists chapter of the Lunar and Sidereal books, the same way that Dragonbloods, Lunars, and Sidereals were introduced in the Antagonists chapter of the corebook, since those three fill similar sorts of roles to the Solars.

Also, the new devs have stated that after Dragonbloods and Exigents (who function as a book to let people homebrew any types of Exalted who haven't been released yet), the next couple books are going to be Lunars and Sidereals.
>>
File: SunSamurai2xSize.png (3MB, 1700x1794px) Image search: [Google]
SunSamurai2xSize.png
3MB, 1700x1794px
>>53089305

Usually whatever runs counter to the GM's depiction of the past, simply because I can. If they say all Solars were murderous rape machines, I was Superman. If they were Superman, I was double Hitler, the man with the power to genocide entire countries and forge their ghosts into my soulsteel codpiece which was obviously absolutely required to house my giant, throbbing murdersausage.
>>
>>53089310
Not necessary doesn't mean not useful.
I could cut out every single exalt type but one and it would still make a half decent game. Does that mean we should chop out all the others because they're a waste of space?
And calm down, the main boys are getting their books first already.
>>
>>53089350
>We've established

And who the fuck are you? How about we make Lunars not shit first, before deciding they need some kind of arbitrary counter-Exalt to nip at their asses, especially when Lunars are supposed to be the ones who were mostly getting harassed by Sids, Fae, and DB's during the interim between the Solars getting jailed and whatever year it is in the current game. How about we focus on that, before another piece of shit the game doesn't need added in.
>>
>>53089369
There's precedent for that in canon, too. The stripper-nun Infernal's a member of the Dune People, who were originally a slave race created through the sorcery of her First Age incarnation.

Also, Return of the Scarlet Empress implies that her Lunar Mate is Strength-of-Many, who is a former slave, and currently an abolitionist.
>>
>>53089397
>Not necessary doesn't mean not useful.

Please, explain the use of adding an Exalt type who exists only to be a foil to an existing Exalt type, and who will from then on, in future editions, be forced to occupy space and time while people wait for their books to come out, further lengthening the wait that the game currently suffers from that is "Oh boy, new edition, can't wait for 5 years down the road when X type gets released!".
>>
File: dog slap.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
dog slap.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>53089412
How about you get a fucking hold of yourself and find another facet of this hobby. Everyone knows that there were two cracked and flawed attempts at Lunars. 2e made the mistake of trying to go around instead of putting forward the work to fix 1e... which, in retrospect, would have been trivial to correct. Streamlined Charms, no fucking Renown, no formlock, and none of the bland silver Solar shit. Just that would have carried everything far.
>>
>>53069552
>people still unironically have cross-media power level discussions
w-what
>>
>>53089450
>"Oh boy, new edition, can't wait for 5 years down the road when X type gets released!".
First, Exigents. Once it comes out, you won't need to wait for 5 years for X type's book; you can just homebrew and play them now.

Secondly, the current plan for the books being released on the line is as follows: Arms of the Chosen, The Realm, and Dragonbloods (all already being written), then Exigents, then Lunars and Sidereals. While these are all being written and released, they're going to be releasing a bestiary and a book of Exalted antagonists in pieces over time (probably including the stuff that got cut from the corebook due to wordcount).

Thirdly, they won't occupy much if any space and time, since they'll likely just be initially released in either the Antagonists sections of Lunars and Sidereals, or in the Big Book of Antagonist Exalted that's being written and released in pieces.
>>
File: BeefyWarrior.jpg (622KB, 2953x3508px) Image search: [Google]
BeefyWarrior.jpg
622KB, 2953x3508px
>>53089536

Theres whole youtube series dedicated to garbage like that. One of my friends likes it. Drives me up a wall because it's always some of the most retarded shit I've ever heard coupled with heaping helpings of fanboyism.
>>
>>53089412
>And who the fuck are you?

No anon, who the fuck are -you-? I'm not even for or against the new splats, but crying and slamming your fists on the ground while screaming "I don't want it!" makes you look like a petulant manchild. Lunars have had problems in the past, this is one way the current devs are thinking to fix it. Either deal with it or don't use them in your games, you don't get to dictate what people can or can't put out as part of their game line. Who knows, it might even be good, the devs have been doing a good job with 3e and now Holden and Morke are out of the picture, so I'd say there's a decent chance it'll turn out alright.

Grow the fuck up and get over yourself, it's not the devs jobs to cater to you. If you don't like what they make, don't use it and pretend only the old exalt types exist in your games.
>>
>>53089536
>>53089564
Hell, there was a AAA video game devoted to it recently.

Video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3XtgJjiu0
>>
File: ExpensiveShit.png (341KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
ExpensiveShit.png
341KB, 578x712px
>>53089602
>you don't get to dictate what people can or can't put out as part of their game line

Voting with the wallet is literally how people dictate such things, actually.
>>
>>53089450
You realize a big part of why it's taking OPP a long time to get books out is because of A.) Shitty deadline management, and B.) All the devs are freelancers, right? If there -is- an edition after 3e, which we don't even know if there will be or not since not all systems go the DnD route of frequently updating editions, they'll hopefully have a team of actual hired devs for it, and if they don't then that'll be the reason for the slow release schedule.
>>
>>53089640
Yes, but for one I'm gonna guess there's a good chance you just pirated the PDF rather than actually buying it, and for two, 3e has been transparent about the fact it's adding more exalt types, and 3e is currently the best selling thing OPP is producing. So one manchild throwing a tantrum and deciding not to buy their stuff is a negligible loss.

Voting with the wallet only matters when there's a lot of other people that agree not to buy the product, enough to actually be worth considering. One person not buying their stuff means jack and shit to OPP.
>>
>>53089450
>Please, explain the use of adding an Exalt type who exists only to be a foil to an existing Exalt type
Okay.
That exalt type has a foil now. We can better explore their themes by givning in universe demonstrative examples of what makes them them. Also this foil exalt is badass and cool to read, and even play.
There, done.
>in future editions
The game isn't built with the idea of future editions. It's built to be good now. And there is absolutely nothing stopping future editions from cutting them right out, WW has done it before they can do it again.
>wait time
Once again, as I've already said: The main types, DB's and lunars and so on, are always going to get their books first.
>>
>>53089305

In my Heaven's Reach game my Dawn found out that her past life was apparently some sort of dudebro with lots of skill and little sense.

She was more furious when the rest of the circle pointed out she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed either.
>>
>>53089546
>they're going to be releasing a bestiary and a book of Exalted antagonists in pieces over time
Speaking of, has anybody scrubbed the PDF of Harrowing Silence?
>>
>>53089648
>If there -is- an edition after 3e

3E's literally the only thing keeping the company afloat, so chances are it's going to keep going with more books and editions until that stops happening or they find another cash machine to milk.
>>
>>53089640

>Voting with your wallet
>Still plantium bestseller

You're in the minority. No one will care if you leave.
>>
>>53089756

>3E's literally the only thing keeping the company afloat

I thought it was more of the incredible boner Paradox Interactive's president has for WoD.
>>
>>53089828
This. I never got the idea that people had that like, if they stop giving the game their money personally the game line will collapse. It's a huge seller. I'm willing to bet that if /tg/s entire Exalted Population stopped buying Exalted Books right now, then it would have little noticeable impact on the line.

Voting with your wallet is a lot like voting in other things: It matters jack shit if there just isn't enough of you.
>>
File: FBB_Iowa_440_Full.png (545KB, 652x820px) Image search: [Google]
FBB_Iowa_440_Full.png
545KB, 652x820px
Is turning my ship's least god into a sexy waifu with powers equivalent to those of a first circle demon a valid working?
>>
>>53090293
No, it's Craft. You're forging the ghosts of all the different people who fought on your ship into a soulsteel automaton.

;)
>>
>>53090333
Get outta here Physician. And take your sick trips with you.
>>
>>53090293

>first circle
>Not Second

Pleb
>>
>>53089204
I'm betting they meant no Green Sun Prince is on the page, and its an Akuma, which 3e turns into 2nd/3rd Circle Demon Exigents.

Why? Exigents will be the only Exalted without a foil otherwise!
>>
>>53090427
IIRC aren't boatsluts canonically the results of the ghosts of all the soldiers who fought on them fusing together? It seems like forging soulsteel automata seems like a reasonably accurate way to represent that, though maybe you could do a Celestial Power 3 Working to create some sort of super-ghost by fusing a bunch of normal ghosts together.
>>
When will Abyssals be out?
>You won't live to see it.
>>
>>53090861

Just gotta release all those counter-Exalt's and new types first bro! It's important we give everyone their own little bunch of shitheads that don't matter at all because this somehow makes themes more apparent! And if you don't like it, too bad!
>>
>>53090861
>When will Abyssals be out?
About three days after Exigents, probably.
>>
>>53085063
>>53085153
I like it. It's coherent, simple, doesn't destroy the setting. It's decent, it works, what's more to like?

I had ST who gutted Exalted's setting, but often it was from pure incompetence. Like the time aliens invaded the Realm with invulnerable teleporting spaceships from Battlefield Earth.

I kid you not. I wish I could remove those memories.
>>
>>53091169
>Like the time aliens invaded the Realm with invulnerable teleporting spaceships from Battlefield Earth.

wat
>>
>>53079953
What the other guy said. The other guy said most of it was non-canon, I cited passages with page number to counter his arguement. Especially those I thought he was refering to, though I can see where you come from, since the word 'gem' can be seen as specifically denoting something I might find grotesque. On that note, tone down your SJW paranoia, I know this game is plagued by them, but most are mentally blind people without any common sense to temper their good intentions.
Also, I, myself, am no SJW, more of a social darwinist, which is just as bad but the full 180° around.
>>
>>53091582
>You are jailed in a Realm's prison.
>Okay, I'm a Solar, can I get out?
>No you can't, the steel bars are magics.
>Can I lockpick?
>No, magical lock.
>Can I convince someone to help me?
>There's nobody.
>Can I break the bars?
>No.

The solution was to unhinge the door like in Pirates of the Caribbean. I didn't find it, so the others finally helped me to get out after 1 hour of play.

>You see spaceships in the sky.
>wat
>They're teleporting around and they're murdering the realm forces.
>wat

We boarded one ship and discovered it was aliens from Battleship Earth that came to enslave Creation. Their ships were virtually invulnerable. After a while of flailing around, totally flabbergasted, we used the stolen ship to enter Yu-Shan to warn the celestial bureaucracy about the invasion, though 'it was doubtful the forces of the Gods could do anything against the invading armada'.

I never player with that ST again.

You, out there, with ST that likes Exalted's setting and know enough to tweak it properly? Appreciate him.
>>
File: 5 dot daiklave.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5 dot daiklave.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>53061928
>I must be one of the only people who hates Evo's. Feels like the worst of Charm bloat AND EXP sinks had a baby, except this time you can lose your Charms if you're disarmed.
That's a legitimate complaint, but I'm too busy shouting "Bankai!" to be overly concerned.
>>
>>53091917
That whole story makes me wonder why your ST even wanted to run Exalted.
>>
>>53079953
>get out of your SJW mindset anon and think more about rape and whoring

I don't think you know what an social justice warrior is
>>
>>53089853
>I thought it was more of the incredible boner Paradox Interactive's president has for WoD.
I think >>53089756 meant Onyx Path when they said "company".
>>
>>53089756
>3E's literally the only thing keeping the company afloat
Is Chronicles of Darkness really doing that badly?
>>
>>53090586
Exigents don't need a foil because they're not a unified category.

That's kinda the first thing we learned about them.
>>
>>53089697

The premise that you need a foil to explore the Exalt's theme is not good. If you know the theme of that Exalt you can create situations and put a variety of antagonists who highlight facets of that theme. You don't need a literal "I'm what you're not" for that.

On the other hand, I agree with you that it's trivial to cut them out as a GM.
>>
File: code bait.jpg (39KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
code bait.jpg
39KB, 625x626px
>>53090971
>>
>>53092793
A truth I learned that day: some people do not care.

They see a game, they don't care about it. They don't care about the setting, or coherence, or understanding the rules, or things like that. They don't comprehend the point of view that you should learn the history of a made up world. They don't understand what they do wrong when they, say, create a parry 13 mortal.

They are absolutely unable to understand that. They physically can't.

And if the Battleship Earth example is the worst I can give, there are plenty others.
>>
>>53094031
Let's be fair, "beings from outside Creation with indestructible flying ships invade" could work as a plot pretty well. I mean, that was pretty much the Silver Prince's canon plan in 2e, wasn't it?

>parry 13 mortal
IIRC some guys worked out how to do that canonically a few threads ago. It basically involved stacking up every possible modifier to Defense.

I think it was something like an Elite Drill (+2 Defense), Might 1 (+1 Defense) battle group with a base of Parry 6 (Attribute 5 + Ability 5 + Speciality) plus a Medium weapon (+1 Parry), riding a mount against enemies without Reaching weapons (+1 Defense), stunting (+1 Defense), and spending Willpower (+1 Defense).
>>
File: hiby wananana.jpg (130KB, 800x997px) Image search: [Google]
hiby wananana.jpg
130KB, 800x997px
>>53094258
>canon plan from 2e

All the more reason not to do it.
>>
>>53089546
>First, Exigents. Once it comes out, you won't need to wait for 5 years for X type's book; you can just homebrew and play them now.

"It's not a problem, because you can just do the work yourself!"

Rule Zero is never an excuse. And we don't even HAVE the Exigents yet! If that was to hold any water, they should have been released in the core, or be the second splat (and already released).
>>
>>53089310
An Exalted for everything, every role, every concept and to be a a 'foil' to another does not make the setting better. It makes it bloated and lame, filled with needless artificial symmetry, like the D&D alignment system and the great wheel.

Let's face it, Infernal and Alchemical were already superfluous to begin with but the latter had the excuse of doing their own thing in their own dimension. Solar, Lunar, Sidereal and Dragon-Blooded were all that the setting needed, possibly the Abyssal too granted one could play off the default setting assumption without Abyssal and it would STILL work. The returned Solar have just as much potential to be major antagonist and foil to a party, provided the ST knows how to handle antagonistic motives. 'Evil' Solar make a pretty fucking solid concept without needing to be powered by evil cosmic shit.
>>
>>53094577
The Abyssals exist to give the Underworld some super-warriors. You could probably replace them with suped-up ghosts or something, though.
>>
>>53094616
Like I said, I don't mind (and even like!) the Abyssals I was just pointing out that the setting remain just as useable and full of potential even if you stick to the original type of Exalted.
>>
So, I was screwing around and researching ideas for a custom Yozi, if only as a thought experiment of writing one and came with this:

Hemondaxnar - The Sage of Pain:
"Pain. Torment. These things have defined the defeated Primordials as they were mutilated, transformed and then sealed inside the body of their general, Malfeas. This act and moment in the Yozi’s history has come to define all of them but one Yozi, in particular, has been particularly touched by the event. Hemondaxnar is the student and master of pain itself and all associated negative emotions and concept which come with the Yozis imprisonment. He is a guru, a scientist, a psychologist and a mad self-mutilating artist rolled into one, a being whose entire existence revolves around the study of the Yozis condition and how it has harmed and hurt them. He does not seek to end this pain and torment, merely to understand it and spread it, for he has become obsessed with it."
>>
>>53063024
>It was canned for Burn Legend.
Considering how much I like Girl Genius style steampunk and hated Burn Legend with its wildly different mechanics, this knowledge frustrates me.
>>
Is anyone going to be posting that Adversaries of the chosen preview thing anywhere?
>>
>>53089310
you've got zero basis to say it's killing the game, none of the delays so far have had anything to do with the new Exalt types
>>
>>53096482

Honestly they should've made Burn Legend into its own microsplat as its pretty much the second Street Fighter RPG.
>>
So, speaking of random alterations to the Exalted setting let's throw a random bad idea into the mix: how does one make Exalted even MORE like 'shonenshit' anime and manga?
>>
>>53096482
>>53096733
Burn Legend certainly made sense on a thematic level, however. Fighting Games+Exalted seemed like a perfectly in-tone concept.
>>
>>53096572

One person bought it and said that there was a water mark, but posted the full text:

https://pastebin.com/nWSGkM8D
>>
>>53096745
>shonenshit
An exaltation makes the exalt forget about everything that happened in their previous mortal life.

Angst allows you to recover extra motes.
>>
>>53094577
No one said that there would be an Exalted for everything. Just Exalted to keep the primaries from being rubbish bins of disparate concepts that don't go together. Abyssals don't have Charms revolving around body horror anymore so they can concentrate on being champions of death that genuinely make one question the value of continuing on with life, rather than just saying it and then turning into a rotten zombie with bone spines. Lunars won't grab from everything even vaguely moon- or shapeshifting-related or turn into shoggoths, that they might better concentrate on being terrifying bestial shapeshifters with a viscerally spiritual bent. Getimians likewise prevent Sidereals from veering off and spoiling their thematic flavor with the breakdown of fate and ZA WARUDO! cropping up in places where they don't belong.
>>
>>53094653

Meh, Abyssals have been an integral part of the Third Age since 1e. I think comparing them to Alchemicals and Infernals is a disservice.
>>
>>53096858

That's no an issue with Exalt types. That's shitty writers who think they need to cover every theme ever in this one game. Maybe we don't need a body horror exalt type, how about that?
>>
>>53096745
Make the attributes and abilities more abstract.

Shounen is designed to appeal to pubescent boys, so it's full of stories about younger, weaker males becoming stronger. I'd be genuinely surprised if I saw a big, tall, strong character in a shounen anime who didn't go down in one hit from a smaller, apparently weaker character. Exalted has Dexterity as the single god stat, but it still has Strength as a stat and pretends that it matters to anything, and that's not terribly shounen.

Similarly, Exalted's divided combat skills does not fit shounen. Sword-wielding characters are sometimes portrayed as being at a disadvantage when disarmed, but those same characters will tend to throw punches and kicks into their fights when the situation suits them. Exalted disincentivizes this. Similarly, Exalted characters can be better at dodging or blocking, when shounen characters freely alternate between defensive techniques depending on the situation.

In a full shounen anime RPG, physical stats would have no impact on combat damage. Characters would have a general character tier (a power level, maybe?), but that wouldn't be tied to anything measurable. Physique is an aesthetic choice.

Weapons would be useful, and legendary weapons could potentially be a boost to a character, but they wouldn't impact the character's fighting style or tie them down to actually using them. Exalted's artifacts would be a much better fit for how weapons affect a shounen character if they had no stats at all but still had evocations and perhaps tags.
>>
>>53096858
Yeah Abyssal body horror had this really unfortunate tendency of characterising them as the main villain's henchmen who might get killed for stupid reasons rather than corrupted Solar Exalts
>>
I'm just here to say that I've been running a 2e game for the past six months and 3e is increasingly slipping out of my mind as a thing that exists.

I borrowed its "roll to introduce a fact", though, that was neat.
>>
File: 1486759196110.jpg (196KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
1486759196110.jpg
196KB, 800x555px
Let's talk about artifact components! What are good components for holy or light-based artifacts? What are good components for defensive artifacts?
>>
>>53094258
>IIRC some guys worked out how to do that canonically a few threads ago. It basically involved stacking up every possible modifier to Defense.

Yeah but keep in mind that such mortals can never attack back and are reliant on the weapons of their enemies to keep their Defense that high.
>>
>>53098031

Some people just enjoy eating shit is all anon.
>>
>>53098091
Aside from that, gathering enough Dex 5, Melee 5 mortals in one place to form a battlegroup is unlikely as fuck. More importantly, the original Parry 13 mortal was specifically one mortal.
>>
>>53098314
Aren't Dex 5, Melee 5 mortals already in the book? The Brides of Ahlat?
>>53094031
Yeah, fuck that guy. He can do incoherent freeforms at best.
>>
>>53094031
>>53098424
If you ask me, there is nothing wrong with changing things with Exalted or doing different things if the group is into that. HOWEVER! When one is remaking a setting or changing details they must be careful what they change or else they end up with something utterly different which lacks the appeal of the original.

That is the difference between>>53085063
>>53085153, which works in it's own way and maintain several core elements and shit like this >>53091169
>>
>>53098263
I played in three 3e games and walked away with the impression that 3e was like shit-flavored sawdust: significantly different, not an improvement. The initiative mechanic was better at 2.2-kids-and-a-picket-fence levels of Reasonable Normalcy Moderate combat but broke down fast as hell anytime we got near a corner case (weapons be damned, my charms give me 20+ init to kill people with!) and the book editing was still distinctly subpar.

So I went back to the edition where Jon Chung had at least found the worst shit and shamed the devs into fixing most of it.
>>
File: SolarFemaleKnight.jpg (240KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SolarFemaleKnight.jpg
240KB, 724x1024px
>>53098057

The luciferian of a firefly God.
A paper lantern that has burned for 100 years without going out.
Liquid flame gathered from the deep South.
The illicium of an anglerfish styled God.
>>
>>53098424
Brides of Ahlat are badass, but they're nowhere near that badass.
>>
>>53098561
>>So I went back to the edition where Jon Chung had at least found the worst shit and shamed the devs into fixing most of it.

That's nice, I found Chung was way too fixated on a theory game with Solars to even think about what was wrong with the other stuff.
>>
>>53098635
>A paper lantern that has burned for 100 years without going out
Where would you find one of those?
>>
>>53099227

The same place you find all of the other random stuff: Plot contrivance.
>>
>>53099025

> I found Chung was way too fixated on a theory game with Solars to even think about what was wrong with the other stuff.

Oh, that's definitely true! But a lot of the other stuff that's wrong with 2e, like "Lunar Crafting does not exist", is still wrong with 3e.
>>
File: BustySwordLady4.jpg (159KB, 800x1068px) Image search: [Google]
BustySwordLady4.jpg
159KB, 800x1068px
>>53100073

Thats a bit of a loaded statement though. No rules for anything other than Solars exist at the moment, unless you want to count those halfassed antagonist sections, which you probably shouldn't because all of that is likely to change whenever they get around to actually releasing another book.
>>
>>53095520
The title "Sage of Pain" seems a bit too human for me, but other than that, it has potential. I especially like that he is as imprisoned by his research of pain as he would be without it, effectively making him his own jailor.
Did you write up an Excellency for him?
>>
>>53100120
>whenever they get around to actually releasing another book.
Whenever they get around to releasing another _exaltbook_, even, because the current Exalted release schedule goes something like Artifacts, Setting, ST Toolkit, Setting.
>>
>>53100189

Yeah, that. Basically, we won't even have an antagonist book until we get the DB rules at the very least. Right now the only thing really set in stone is animal rules, because I doubt those are going to be expanded upon much, if at all.
>>
>>53100073
>"Lunar Crafting does not exist"
How would dedicated crafting Charms fit Lunars, and why the hell should they? How is this even a problem?
>>
>>53100182
I got a loose draft of his excellency. he core concept here is that we have a Yozi, more than any other beside Malfeas (who has some s, whose influence and definition revolves around the pain from their imprisonment and thus turned inward for some deeper meaning to his existence as a Yozi which, ya know, involves being sewn up inside Malfeas' butthole and being locked up with other psychos like Adorjan and the Ebon Dragon. Since Yozi were conceived around concept, this one is a masochistic mystic who like to tear himself apart and find meaning from his fucked up situation to the point it's almost a religion (or, more disgustingly, his fetish). Howver, as noted in my draft, he is not a Yozi who inflict pain for the sake of evil and pleasure.

No, in his twisted mind, pain and destruction impart important lessons. I'm not sure if it make sense conceptually but this is why I'm putting my draft here.
>>
>>53100239

Animals do build stuff in nature all the time, man. Craft Charms definitely wouldn't be something Lunars should lack. Hell, some of our machinery is based off animals or their anatomy.
>>
>>53100239
>How is this even a problem?

He doesn't like Solars.
>>
>>53100268
Fuck I really mistyped this one, to the point it seems like I was drunk writing this.
>>
>>53100299
Lunars aren't actually Animal Exalted, but okay. What would be some specific examples of the kind fo Craft Charms you think Lunars should have? By 'specific' I donät mean that you'd have to come up with whole Charms, but what are the kind of things you think Lunars should be able to do Craft-wise?
>>
One thing I've been asking myself, what's the difference between the four combat abilities? Aside from using narratively different weapons, I've read they each have different strengths and weaknesses but I'm not sure what they are. Could someone help me?
>>
>>53100239
I agree that _dedicated_ crafting charms might not fit Lunars, but that's only because part of the Lunar shtick in 2e is having Attribute-based and thus _broader_ charms. For example they might get a general Make Long-Term Project Faster charm in Intelligence that applies to crafting among other things, the way Wits has a general Hide Thing charm that can conceal a clause in a contract or an army in an ambush. Right now Lunars are stuck with their excellency and the shit that poses as "crafting" charms for turning your fork into a spoon.
>>
>>53100268
I think this is an interesting concept, especially since there's no other Yozi who has the "pain is enlightenment" market cornered. I mean, I'd say there are similarities to Qaf, TED, Adorjan, and Malfeas, but at its core the concept stands on its own. However, I do suggest that you add other layers. Geographical or meteorological features are one thing every Yozi has, and for Hemondaxnar, I'm thinking something with lightning. I also think there should be something else to his philosophy, mainly a kind of sociological worldview, like every other Yozi has.
>>
>>53100339

Reshape things (land, items, etc) into other things with great speed (your lake is now a river or a field complete with irrigation, your sword is now a shield, etc).

Building otherwise impossible structures out of basic materials (turning trees as hard as stone to make a castle wall out of, literal bricks of wood etc).

Of course this stuff would be in addition to generic Crafting Charms (ie: add dice/sux to X style shit).
>>
>>53100401
>For example they might get a general Make Long-Term Project Faster charm in Intelligence that applies to crafting among other things, the way Wits has a general Hide Thing charm that can conceal a clause in a contract or an army in an ambush.
I could certainly see an Intelligence Charm that lets you maintain multiple independent streams of thought making sense. Stuff like designing your artifact or doing something else requiring planning but no concrete action while doing soemthing else, potentially tking cre of a part of the process of creating an Artifact while, say, inflitrating the local king's court or waging a war or something like that.

>>53100489
>Reshape things (land, items, etc) into other things with great speed (your lake is now a river or a field complete with irrigation, your sword is now a shield, etc).
>Building otherwise impossible structures out of basic materials (turning trees as hard as stone to make a castle wall out of, literal bricks of wood etc).
Those things don't really follow from the mentioned animal theme at all, and anyways Lunars are about changing their own shape, not about shaping their environment like that.

>Of course this stuff would be in addition to generic Crafting Charms (ie: add dice/sux to X style shit).
That's just Excellency territory.
>>
>>53100451
Interesting points, which I'll work on.
>>
>>53069958

I haven't written them off if that's what you mean.
>>
>>53069958

Can we not?
>>
>>53100750
Well, Infernals are less world-wrecking in this. I...guess?
>>
>>53102185

In the write up I did for them, the fluff is basically this:

"Hey you! Where you put into a shitty position because of the gods or the things they built!? Of course you where! How about the power to fuck over the gods!? The cost? All you need to do is side with the demons and the rest of Malfeas to turn Creation into a living hell! What, don't want to do that? That's OK! Feel free to take this Infernal Exaltation and exact your revenge upon the gods because trust us, we know how you feel!"

Basically they're a blend of 2e lore and 3e lore from the kickstarter.

In terms of crunch, I'm trying to make them fairly strong. I'm not going to match the corebook's insane charm amount, but I certainly want to potray the alien nature in their charms.
>>
>>53100401
Being broader is only part of Charm design theory. They're not going to have tricked out shit for every task; it's going to have to fit around their flavor. Which that generic Hide Thing Charm didn't, I might add.
>>
>>53085063
Eh, that's alright.

The game's problem isn't really the setting, though. It's how the basic premise is "start at the end" and they stick to that really, really hard.

So that there's virtually nothing to challenge a new Solar circle, let alone a veteran circle.
>>
>>53100239
Without crafting charms you can throw out the lore for artifacts said to be made by a lunar.
>>
Anyone running Exalted online? Trying to find a game.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.