[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 74

File: 1465452472167.jpg (356KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465452472167.jpg
356KB, 849x1200px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to MCTNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53000823
>Cyberzombies__How_to_deal_with_them.knwsft
>Jarheads__Where_Are_They_Now.trid
>BIOWARE_CYBERZOMBIES_PROOF.trid
>nanohive_update.exe

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 402 (3% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Ya know chummer, I've been wondering. You hear about these cyberzombies, ruthless killing machines that can't be stopped with normal means and have no emotion. And, ya know, doesn't that describe the average sammy from the point of a wageslave?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Last_Memories.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Cyber edition
How close are you to the naught line?
Are you desperately trying to cram more into yourself?
Would you let yourself be turned into a cyberzombie?
>>
File: 1429587828235.png (206KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1429587828235.png
206KB, 500x375px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5V_VzRrSBI

Are you ready for the LA underground highways? What are some interesting ways to use them, besides car thefts on underground highways?

In case you're wondering, Elon Musk has an insane proposal that he be allowed to build tunnels all over LA for cars to reduce traffic. He's bought a giant boring machine and he plans to just go for it without getting permits. He is literally a megacorp CEO https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-02-16/elon-musk-is-really-boring
>>
File: DEEP DARK SHRUGGING.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
DEEP DARK SHRUGGING.gif
344KB, 256x192px
Any of you chummers Hooders? It feels like they're few and far between in-setting nowadays, especially in the 5e lore. Which is a crying shame, since I love that kind of character within future dystopias, when a setting can hold that kind of Phantom 2040 vibe where your character, his allies and other Runners are some of the few defenders of a dying world.

That aspect of cyberpunk settings I think has gotten pushed aside too much lately in the sense of too much cyber, not enough punk. I hate just doing runs for The Man to target the other Man, man. Let me destroy evil laboratories and have good guy and villain monologues that lead up to hype fights.
>>
>>53027825
Prooobably not a thing in LA, or outside of arcologies.

Remember, in the 6th world, LA is under water chummer, has been since some really massive quakes. Any tunnels, basements, BART, whatever is flooded if not collapsed.
>>
I was just invited to my first shadowrun game and I have a few questions. 1) What should I expect? 2) What should I build to strengthen my party most? I originally wanted to play a mage, and may still do so but the current party is : 2 mages specced into stealth, 1 stabby, 1 sniper, a standard street sam, a face, and an adept, they also have an NPC technomancer, should I not choose to play one. 3) What's fun to play? I've never played shadowrun before and am equally hyped about potential pink mohawk/tacticool shenanigans.
>>
>>53027825
The question is, will those trams come up at red lights and abduct cars at random?

As for run ideas, the fights that will break out between the current underground population and these boring crews. Will you side with freedom and maximum comfy hobbithole, or with the soulless no trespassing signs and blank concrete tubes?
>>
>>53027970
Okay, with your group so large and with two mages and an adept, magic should be covered unless they're complete idiots. What's the adept doing though? Guns? Melee, unarmed, what?

I'd say go drone rigger so you have a cool ride and can use drones to spy/suppress. Snipers really tend to not do well in Shadowrun given how mobile the fighting is (And that it usually takes place indoors.)

If that's not fun and you want to go full tacticool, go stealth infiltrator.

If it weren't your first time, I'd say go technomancer sprite-herder so you and the NPC can doubleteam spiders. Do -not- play a technomancer on your first campaign.
>>
>>53028048
Thanks for the advice? How does one rigger? What sort of stats do I need? Equipment? Skills? I understand I could (and will) read most of this, but it's always nice to get an opinion fresh from an experienced player.
>>
File: 1472557863534.jpg (133KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1472557863534.jpg
133KB, 500x731px
>>53027866
I went through a phase where all I did was play ideologically motivated characters (eco-terrorist, ork rights activist, neo-anarchist), and while each was fun on it's own it's exhausting to try and be a moral compass in a shit world.

>>53027970
You could try decking, as it seems the group is lacking in the Matrix category (unless they decided they didn't want any of that at all, and have the technomancer npc there for handwavium). It's a harder path to start on, but with NPC matrix support and so many people in the party to save the situation if you fuck up, it could be a golden opportunity to get into that side of the game.

Also, if the sniper doesn't already have drone spotters get some, and be his new best friend.
>>
>>53028103
Oh damn omae, the basic google-able questions you should just answer yourself by reading the books. Core and Rigger5 are both in the pastebin.

Generals are not for spoonfeeding. But one thing I will tell you that the books won't is: Buy cheap drones. Put cheap weapons on them. Expensive drones and high-end weapons are just gonna get fragged and suck up all your nuyen. Also ask your GM if the techno NPC can use his sprites to diagnostic or buff your drones in any way.
>>
>>53028115
Don't recommend decking if he'll be the only person there doing matrix shit in such a large group. It'll just slow the game down for everyone and they'll resent him for it.
>>
>>53028048
Why shouldn't he play a technomancer for his first campaign and get right into it?
>>
File: Complete Riggers Guide.pdf (681KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Complete Riggers Guide.pdf
681KB, 1x1px
>>53028103
>>53028103
Go to pastebin. Get Hayek Sheets, they have rules summaries and play aids for everything. read the books, learn the sheets, go HAM.

>>53028205
Decking can be done quickly, though, it just requires the GM to know what he's doing as well as the player. Call for a couple of rolls to determine marks and you're out of the virtual world in 2 minutes, or at least at a chance to get to another player's turn. With multiple stealth-focused characters, there's going to be a lot of jumping around between individual scenes anyways.
>>
>>53027866

Being a Hooder in a shadowrun is like being a rich guy in neighborhood of gang members. It is an one way trip to hell since Universal Brotherhood taught the sixth world charity is just an excuse for something more sinister to take hold than the guy who eats endangered species for fun.
>>
https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/shadowrun/products/shadowrun-forbidden-arcana-advanced-magic-rulebook

It's out. Who's biting the bullet?
>>
>>53028239

Because it's a ton of pain unless you're already experienced with the Matrix, and Technos will -die- if they fuck up. Deckers just take stun damage until their deck is bricked, but the character can still survive.
>>53028260
>Decking can be done quickly, though, it just requires the GM to know what he's doing as well as the player.
>As well as the player.
He's a first time player chummer. He doesn't even know the basics of rigging. I wouldn't bet on him knowing matrix rules that well yet.
>>
>>53028260
where's the pastebin, my apologies?
>>
>>53028390
In the OP. Read the first post.
>>
File: Decker Headgear.jpg (94KB, 564x675px) Image search: [Google]
Decker Headgear.jpg
94KB, 564x675px
>>53028300
True, he doesn't know his hoop from a hole in the ground. But learning the ground level of decking is no more complicated than learning the ground level of combat.

>Choose your approach, sneaky or smashy

>Do a Matrix Perception test to find what you want

>Hack on the Fly (sneaky) or Brute Force (smashy) to get marks on it

>Edit File to do 90% of what you want done, possible another action for a niche

>Jack out

People say decking is a bad choice for new players because they need to learn another system on top of meatspace (and techomancy is another level on top of that) but there's worse places to learn it than with a GMPC watching your back.

>>53028390
In the OP.
>>
>>53028466
Yeah, but the wording says that the NPC is only there if there's no decker or techno among the players.

If he chooses to play a decker, he's not got the NPC techno to watch his back.
>>
>>53028103

Reaction, Logic, Intuition and Willpower are the only stats you really need. Which order depends on what exactly you want to do.

As for equipment and skills the thing is that whatever skill you don't have you can more or less compensate for by getting equipment in the form of drones and autosofts, especially so for technical skills. Pilot and Gunnery will be your two most important skills for assuming direct control, while Electronic Warfare can be largely useful as well. It can be tempting to try and have drones for every possible contingency, but limit yourself to a couple of drone models and roles, preferably cheap ones, and have multiples.
>>
>>53027570
>How close are you to the naught line?
>Are you desperately trying to cram more into yourself?
>Would you let yourself be turned into a cyberzombie?

Me, I'm pretty far away, as I find it more worthwhile to have my chrome in flying packages of death or in customized large metal boxes.

A teammate of mine? He's a cyberdoc heading straight for Cyberzombie town, who's first question when encountering any kind of tech is more or less "can I put this inside me?"
>>
>>53028286
But Anon, I thought the most important rule in SRG is don't buy from the CGL, it's worse than making two deals with a dragon.
>>
>>53027970
>already have 6 players, you're the 7th
Uhh not sure how that's going to shake out but usually the answer is, "Not well."

No decker on the list so that would probably add the most utility.
>>
>>53028642
If one person buys it and gives it to everyone else, then they get almost nothing.
>>
>>53028283
True enough on that, omae. I just remember the Wolf and Raven book set in Shadorun, and expected something a little different when it came to the overall lore, since Doc Raven and his crew in that were pretty heroic and adventurous, and was, for the longest time, the kind of thing I based characters around, something sort of swashbuckler-esque. Then I get around to reading 5e's lore and the sort of tone most other players go for and it just doesn't feel as fun to me.
>>
I know that this is a topic that damn near starts a flamewar every time it's brought up, but, this is something I really want to know in order to make it a bit easier on my GM:

Decking [5th edition]

At the moment, I'm wanting to make a character that is 40% decker, 40% Face, and 20% Blackmailing douchebag.

Like, the big idea is that he's a charmer, who's always got a plan, always having 'just the right person' in his pocket.

In reality, he spends all his free time scouring the net for every ounce of information he can and collecting it into a database for future use.

The biggest idea is hacking into police databases to use THEIR fancy tech and resources to do, say, facial recognition searches on people.

However, hacking into a police station on a regular basis seems like me hogging up a shitload of time to do the whole 'decking' thing, but if he's not able to get reliable information on everyone (Name, address, grades of daughter in 3rd grade) then he loses half of his gimmick.

Without demanding the GM play by a different set of rules just so I can deck more often than usual, are there any 'simple' fixes that could work for this idea of extended decking?
>>
>>53029495
Doing it during your downtime and one on one sessions with your GM since you'll basically just be tossing dice for half an hour.
>>
File: molehills.jpg (64KB, 625x650px) Image search: [Google]
molehills.jpg
64KB, 625x650px
>>53029495
You get the quality from Data Trails that's about learning people's background for advantage, and when you make that roll you say you're harvesting their P2.0, business contact info, government records, and yes private security outfits.
>>
Is there a way to stop players from attempting to plan every little thing out? On average it takes our group 4-5 sessions to complete a run from meeting the johnson to receiving the cred. Im not trying to rush them in the hopes of screwing them over, but their level of meticulousness can bring play to a crawl. I feel like no progress is being made when it takes a real life month to accomplish an in game day or two.
>>
>>53029845
The question you should ask yourself is what got them into this habit? How many times did you really punish them hard for overlooking something?

Or just sit them down and tell them you want to run a pink mohawk game.
>>
I've had my group play in a pre-crash 2.0 universe, but I'm planning on running them through the crash and then timeskipping to a point where the wireless matrix is up. However, I've been using the shadowless BBS for fluff and my players like checking it for bits of info and just for giggles. Shadowless gets destroyed during the crash, and jackpoint seems like a very secrit club. Is there any replacement for the BBS that caters to the wider/entire shadow community?
>>
>>53030034
>>53029845

not him, but:

Rather than telling them "I want a pink mohawk game" Explain to them that they are seriously overkilling things
>>
>>53029845
I had a similar problem with my group (and in games I played in).

My solution was to set things up like a movie. Instead of giving the players a big open-ended sandbox to work with to achieve vaguely defined objectives and avoid hidden pitfalls, things are laid out in a straightforward manner. They know what they have to do, and a little legwork will uncover the one or two twists that turn it from "go from A to B, stealing X on the way" into a challenge. Maybe it's paracritters, maybe there's a bunch of technomancer supremacists planning an attack on the same building in the same timeframe, maybe the package is on a moving convoy.

It shifts the game from, "let's find all the possible problems and dangers," to, "we know what we have to deal with, let's figure out how we'll deal with it." A couple quick vignettes as they lace the steaks with poison, as they grab the technos' battleplans and the party goes in the other side of the facility, as they steal a Lone Star Cruiser and some uniforms, and they're off to the races. Generally they do one session of getting the job and learning what the dangers are, and we end with people chatting over basics of how they can get past the danger. Then next session I start by asking them what the plan is (I try to find out ahead of time via chat) and we get right into it.

You DO NOT have to say, "it's a pink mohawk game, go crazy and it'll work out" to have a game where people are able to plan quickly and move ahead.
>>
Is it more effective to dodge or tank as a sammy?
>>
>>53030462
You can build reasonably effective versions of both. Armour and toughness stuff is generally cheaper.
>>
>>53030462
Both, basically. Its always better to dodge an attack than soak it, because most attacks that land are going to fucking hurt. BUT, its easier and cheaper to increase your Soak Pool. If you do build for high soak, though, you can easily reach 30 Soak as a human, which invalidates most small arts fire.
>>
File: Morph Repair.jpg (940KB, 1024x1446px) Image search: [Google]
Morph Repair.jpg
940KB, 1024x1446px
>Cyber edition
>How close are you to the naught line?
>Are you desperately trying to cram more into yourself?
>Would you let yourself be turned into a cyberzombie?

I'm like half convinced that cyberzombie isn't real. There's no way. I mean, I'm still me, am I not?
>>
File: 1493671726973.jpg (3MB, 5100x3800px) Image search: [Google]
1493671726973.jpg
3MB, 5100x3800px
>>53030462
Dodging is quite a bit better but you *will* get hit eventually so you're going to want to be able to soak too. Most people see that and decide they may as well plan for that eventuality and lean heavier soak and go for adequate dodge. Soak is also easier to invest in than dodge as the other anons pointed out.
>>
What kind of games does your shadowrunner play for fun?
Do they play TCGs? That one AR MMO? Bloodbowl? Fantasy Street Brawl? Chess? Arcadiumonline?
>>
>>53030951
My sammy plays tic tac toe sometimes.
>>
>>53030951
My guy is actually a decent poker player, due to him being able to read people well, so that's his go-to game. But his favorite thing to do is watch pre-crash movies and go fishing in SSC territory.
>>
>>53030092

Jackpoint isn't the only Shadowrunner online meetup, just the one for the speshulest of snowflakes.

Feel free to make one of your own for whatever area your runners work in.
>>
>>53030280
Not the guy asking, but this is very helpful. Just try to keep the twists down to what you can count on one hand and have them uncoverable without tons of sleuthing, gotcha.
>>
>>53028283
Found the guy who wrote the 'sex' section of 5e.
>>
>>53030092
I think you mean Shadowland, not Shadowless (which would be somewhat off-brand).

As for other canon shadow networks, there's Asgard Data Haven, Denver Data Nexus, Draconian Informational Virtual Exchange (DIVE, maintained by Wyrm Watcher), Mosaic, Helix and Manchester Data Haven (both in Europe), Frozen Shadows (north UCAS), Magestone and Magicknet (guess who they cater to), Kowloon_MK, and The Outpost.

And that's just some of the canon VPNs. Whatever you want in terms of community specialization (geography, content, members, best girl choice, etc), you can have.

>>53031477
Hard earned knowledge, omae. It took me way, WAY too long as a GM to realise that the players only know about the world through me, and that when I leave what I think are fun cryptic remarks and red herrings what they find are a bunch of potential complications that could kill them, and that putting forward a challenge to be overcome is a lot more fun than leaving a mystery to be carefully teased apart. I try not to even twist things (in terms of sudden surprises) unless the dice say so, or during one of the rare times when a twist makes sense narratively AND would help explore a character. Everyone's used to big heist movies having twists, but they forget that much of the time the twist is only in the reveal to the audience, and the criminals were masterminding the entire event.
>>
>>53031432

This temps me to try to play a decker that hosts his own.

That actually sounds like a lot of fucking fun.
>>
>>53031765
Thanks omae, I and my players will appreciate it if I can ever get them to read the books.

>>53028283
Charities, yes. Charity, not so much. Don't trust any organizations, but there's nothing wrong with doing good for people chummer. Just remember not to stick your neck out too far unless you got some principle you wanna die for.
>>
>>53032011
That sounds like a good mid-to-late game goal for a character. Opening a datahaven and then working as a fixer. It'd give your GM something to work with for the next few campaigns too.
>>
>>53031432
Shadowchan when? Shitposting on /Traditional Guns/
>>
>>53028286
Anyone take the great plunge yet? When someone does, tell me if there are any sweet adept things. I'm close to my next initiation in-game and would be happy with some more cool things to buy with power points.
>>
Is combat decking through the AR a viable option and a good way to get into decking proper?
I have the option to dabble into it as my character before we finish our current campaign, so I'm kinda curious if decking might be my thing, as I know it allows you to be pretty imaginative with whatever you hack and honestly I love anything that allows you to play around.
>>
>>53032464
I did, yeah. It's... what the fuck, man.

Someone posted up a thread on Reddit too.

Well, congrats, mages can now Assense whether or not you have a SIN.
>>
File: shiggy.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>53032388

>Shadowchan
>Not using an internal router for your cyberware
>2012+66
>>
>>53032531
>Not keeping your bioware in the fridge
>2012+66

Holy shit no joke but the idea of converting a bunch of 4chan memes to shadowrun format for a IC thing amuses the hell out of me. Too bad my group wouldn't get any of them
>>
File: updated my journel.jpg (240KB, 709x850px) Image search: [Google]
updated my journel.jpg
240KB, 709x850px
>>53032526
>mages can now Assense whether or not you have a SIN.

I fucking love adepts but Goddamn do I hate mages. That shit's confusing on why it'd work.
>>
>>53032624
ASTRAL BOUNCER
10 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Assensing skill 4 (with
Aura Reading specialization)
A character with this quality has astral sight
that is so keen that they’ve developed new
ways of sizing up everyone they meet. Along
with the normal results, every two net hits on
an Assensing skill test can also be used to re-
veal one of the following about a living being:
all positive qualities, all negative qualities,
physical attribute ratings, mental attribute rat-
ings, initiate grade, an initiate power, an adept
power, or Edge rating.

Here you go!

Records on File? Having a SIN? Vendetta? Wanted? Prime Datahaven Membership? Go Big or Go Home? Codeslinger? ANY FUCKING QUALITY AT ALL?
>>
>>53032526
Purge it of watermarks and upload. I must see the madness.
>>
>>53032516

Combat decking is a mixed bag and requires you to be insanely good at decking.

Decking as a side thing is rough if you enter a high rating host, but its easy to hack devices with AR. I advise you go with a mid-grade deck that can get a good sleaze rating and just focus on hacking, computers, EWAR, and software if you want to dabble. Make sure you have good logic and intuition.

Cybercombat and host hacking is for people diving into the deep end.

>>53032624

I love mages too. I hate how much Catalyst fetishizes me thinking that if they keep printing new spells I am going to blow my wad in my pants and buy new books.

Like not to be a hipster about it but I liked mages before they were broken as fuck and the fact that they keep breaking them more just makes people think I am a power gamer for playing one.

Like for fucks sake give mundanes the ability to do shit to magical shit already so everyone has an even playing field.
>>
>>53032516
>decking in AR
Only if you have a ton of initiative

>dabbling in decking
Bad idea. It's a niche that rewards specialization and heavy investment in multiple skills. Unless you have karma and lesson-time to burn, there's not much you can do, even with a good deck.
>>
>>53032681
I neither know how to do that nor have any interest in the possible downsides of that.

Look at the table of contents, and if you want to see something, reply to this post. I'll see if I can get images for it.
>>
File: Loss Doug.png (455KB, 499x425px) Image search: [Google]
Loss Doug.png
455KB, 499x425px
>>53032569
Memes should be incomprehensible to people outside of the community. At best you can understand what it is but not why it is (longcat), at worst it's just nonsense (pic related).
>>
>>53032682
And I might be looking at it wrong, but it feels like adepts are getting a bit of the shaft now too. God knows I sure can't get any totally insane metamagics compared to magicians. I have my focus in punching shit, and that's it, end of rine. Meanwhile mages can now see if you have a SIN (which I guess you can too as an adept), and they even broke one of the THREE fucking rules that were established in-setting: not time travel, no teleportation, and no reviving. But whoopsie, guess reviving is k now.

Mundanes need a bone tossed to them, I'll agree 100% there, though.
>>
>>53032682
I mean less cybercombat and more being in the fray, occasionally shooty shooting, whilst placing marks on something and doing some fun shit to mess with the enemy.

>Like for fucks sake give mundanes the ability to do shit to magical shit already so everyone has an even playing field

>rigging along in my armored vehicle
>tfw a mage can just come along and instantly hit it with an electricity spell
>there's NOTHING I can do to stop the spell save for hoping an ally maybe counterspells it, or just fragging the mage before I'm fucked

I know geeking the mage is important but I figure that's more because of the crazy potential they have rather than just 'lol imma throw a simple spell at you good luck soaking faggot'.

>>53032711
>Only if you have a ton of initiative
I have enough where jumping into VR actually reduces my initiative a little, it feels bad. Although with a good cyberdeck that may not be the case.
>>
File: 1 (210).png (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1 (210).png
13KB, 300x300px
>>53032781
Dank Memes are an artform of their own to be honest.
>>
>>53032823
How are they breaking the three rules though? I'm assuming they're not giving players the option to time travel and teleport.
>>
File: Permissive.jpg (60KB, 296x322px) Image search: [Google]
Permissive.jpg
60KB, 296x322px
>>53032823
>But whoopsie, guess reviving is k now

postit
>>
>>53032829
>I mean less cybercombat and more being in the fray, occasionally shooty shooting, whilst placing marks on something and doing some fun shit to mess with the enemy.

No. This is not an appropriate use of time. Pretty much the only hacking method that is fast enough to be viable in a standard SR firefight is cybercombat, because it can 100 to 0 a device with matrix damage in one action and because of matrix initiative the loss in value of just killing someone is somewhat mitigated.

Dabbling in decking works, but you are less doing badass combat hacks and more setting things up so that when you ambush someone their coms are down, or virtually pickpocketing wageslaves or stealing their cars.

Even great hackers generally don't hack in combat, they usually fight with drones or personally depending on if they are a pure logic setup or are a hacker-samurai.
>>
File: kill me.gif (961KB, 310x212px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
961KB, 310x212px
>>53032895
>>53032877

BLOOD NECROMANCER
15 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Blood Magic, Spellcasting 6 (with Health specialization)
When a creature dies, it takes a short period of time for their essence to fade as their individual organs and cells begin to fail and die. Characters with this quality can use these minuscule traces of life to revive and stabilize characters who have filled their overflow damage within a number of minutes equal to their (Essence – 1, rounded up). For every minute that the character was dead be- fore being revived, they lose one point of Essence. If the loss would reduce the character’s Essence to zero, that character cannot be revived. Meta-humans who have returned from the dead and the mage who revived them must immediately make a Composure (4) test to avoid acquiring long-term mental, physical, or spiritual ailments. Critters with the Sapience power make a Composure (2) test, while critters without the Sapience power only make a Composure (1) test to resist permanent adverse effects. If a metahuman or critter fails to beat the Composure threshold, they must take a number of negative qualities equal to (threshold – hits) from the table listed below. These negative qualities can be purposefully chosen, or they can be rolled for randomly at the discretion of the gamemaster.
>>
>>53032877
He says they're breaking one of the three. lrn2red

Also they broke the teleportation one in the Lockdown book, but at least that was implied to be probably a scam that wasn't revealed before the city was closed.
>>
File: 1425444009835.jpg (75KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1425444009835.jpg
75KB, 900x900px
>>53032781
>Decker editing corporate logos into LOSS.jpg and displaying them on billboards
>WAGESLAVES GET OFF MY BOARD REEE
>>
>>53032823
Reviving the dead was always possible in SR canon. It was the core of how cyberzombies worked, they were dead people who had their souls shoved back into their bodies by bloodmagic.

Furthermore a lot of the powers in the book are actually very weak abilities from earthdawn, and reviving the recently dead was a weak ability.

And the 3 rules of magic weren't 3 rules of magic. There were like 8, and the "3 rules" were actually separated out because they were the rules that you were allowed to break. In SR's cosmology teleportation, reviving the dead, and time travel were all possible, but the book noted that from a game design perspective reviving George Washington from the dead, traveling through time, and most importantly teleporting into a building in a game all about criminal heists is damaging to the integrity of play and you need to base a campaign around the implications.

The actually immutable rules of magic are boring shit like "No spell can ever summon a spirit because that is conjuration. No spell can counter active magic because that is counterspelling" and other rather administrative rules.
>>
>>53032916
That sounds like a lot of work for at most 5 minute resuscitation
Just carry around some shock paddles desu
>>
File: lightning.jpg (54KB, 685x443px) Image search: [Google]
lightning.jpg
54KB, 685x443px
Does anyone happen to have a higher quality version of this illustration?
>>
>>53032962
It also is pretty blatantly just a weaker version of the spell used for cybermancy.
>>
File: 1 (1236).jpg (72KB, 650x491px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1236).jpg
72KB, 650x491px
>>53032939
>Decker goes around closing every public pool in the city
>>
>>53032962
500 nuyen wirelessly activated strip of medical tape and requires less investment into Blood Magic.

>>53032990
Unless theres a rule stating these Qualities don't cost double in Career mode, they'd be fucked for taking them it seems.
>>
>>53033029
Yeah. It is mostly some people remembering an out of character segment on spell design from 4e making a huge fit about 'the 3 rules.'

It is actually a pretty crappy ability.
>>
File: 1198086558078.jpg (57KB, 599x433px) Image search: [Google]
1198086558078.jpg
57KB, 599x433px
>>53033023
>War between Ares and S-K breaks out

>Thor Shots aimed at Berlin and Detroit

>"you must take a nap before you can fire ze missiles"
>>
>>53032898
So deckers can only do the fun stuff ahead of time and just sit in VR behind the scenes?
That sounds kinda lame to be honest.
>>
>>53032990
Speaking of, long stretch but does Forbidden Arcana have anything more on cyberzombies? Creation, how their essence works, anything?
>>
File: Slamm-0!.jpg (56KB, 300x777px) Image search: [Google]
Slamm-0!.jpg
56KB, 300x777px
>>53033084
In the moment, you're the guy who stroll through the building in your Chuck Taylors and cheese-stained Neil the Orc Barbarian shirt, tapping a couple AR windows while the previously-marked turrets turn on the corpsec, all the cars in the parking lot race out onto the highway to crash into oncoming SWAT vans, and the project lead's Sekretariat comes down to offer you it's best blowjob.
>>
>>53033148
Oh, I was under the impression you had to stay in VR in order to use anything you'd marked, but if marks stay once you jump out (or more likely, you just edited the file of the turrents to register corpsec as enemies and your team as allies) then that's pretty cool. Sort of a set up and watch the pieces fall into place in action.
I can see how that might be annoying to GM though, having to wait for your decker to set things up before things actually start, but I guess that's just how it is.
>>
>>53033084

No. I didn't say that.

I said that if you dabble in hacking that is what your hacking is going to be good for.

Deckers can do all kinds of stuff like using pocket drones to replace their firearms skills with gunnery and logic to let them 360 noscope headshot people virtually in real life, can cybercombat smash shit, and target with sensors for their team.

If you are already competent at fighting however there is no reason to waste your time with this stuff. Deckers do this when they don't have prep time because it lets them leverage their resources towards fighting, not because its actually the best way to fight. It is sorta like how most faces who can fight don't sit around rolling leadership for their team. A pure face COULD do that if they HAD to, but you really would be better off getting agility 'ware, wired reflexes, and 6 ranks in automatics to blast people yourself. +3 to hit on a sam is not worth losing an entire set of passes.

Also what >>53033148 said. You can do a lot even with 10 dice to hack and a mid-grade deck if you focus on soft targets, though maybe not hacking everything in a building. It tips the scale a lot and gives you more versatility with sensors as well. It is just the idea of being a keyboard warrior in a firefight won't make sense at the scale of most SR combats, because they end usually in less than one combat turn, or two if the fight is really long. In an abstract, larger battle combat decking is a big deal, and if you get into big skirmishes it can help a lot, but in a firefight where you generally already can take out 3 people a combat turn? Wasting *multiple* passes to even set up a hack isn't a good deal.
>>
>>53033197

You don't need to stay in VR to keep marks. Marks reset when you reset your device. You can switch from VR to AR at will in one hacking session.

Editing the files of the turrets isn't possible without bootstrapping them, which is not at all subtle, meaning you can't do it to a ton of devices unless you ice the sysop in a host (which you won't be able to do as a dabbler) or are using a high end deck running an agent, bootstrap and fork to reformat and then reset 4 of them all at once.

In general it is much easier to take control of them manually and then roll gunnery yourself in a remote surprise attack, or to ahead of time shut them down while security is trying to find you. Actually taking control of devices on a semi-permanent basis was a feature of 4e, and is much less possible in 5e.
>>
>>53033063
>Shadowchan/pol/
>Dunkelzahn was a meme candidate
>ELFED.COM
>The night of rage was a hoax
>Happy Dragon.jpg
>>
>>53033215
>>53033265
Alright, thanks for the tips, chummers.
If there's any clean decker guides, I'll happily read them. If not I'll just reread the rules some more and try to wrap my head around them.
>>
Alright, it's official. There are now Spirits of Land, Sea, and Air vehicles.

There are now, CANONICALLY, OFFICIALLY, anthropomorphic boat/train/bus/plane/jet-girls.
>>
File: 1362329360641.jpg (7KB, 109x127px) Image search: [Google]
1362329360641.jpg
7KB, 109x127px
>>53033354

Wait like, actual machine spirits?

Is it a spirit that is possessing the machinery, or a spirit that the machine generates that can be spoken to?
>>
>>53033378
VEHICLE SPIRITS
> Wait, what?
> Slamm-0!
I’m willing to bet someone just went “Wait,
what?” under that title.
> Drek.
> Slamm-0!
Truth is, there have been legends of spiritual
vehicles for a thousand years, with ships being the
first of these “ghost vehicles,” then trains, cars, and
now aircraft as well. These spirits are somewhat
harder to classify, with most having simply called
them spirits of man and moved on, but they’re dis-
tinct enough that I feel that they deserve their own
classification. I’ve further separated them into four
subcategories, matching a more traditional spiritu-
al class. I’m blazing a bit of a trail here, and we’re
a long way from a proper peer review, so under-
stand that there are some areas that will need to
be amended over time.
>>
>>53033403
>spirit ships are now a thing

Finally my Jojofaggotry can shine bright
>>
>>53033354
If you are reading the new book how bad is the art and editing this time around? If not what's your source on that?
>>
File: Not JoJo.gif (4MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
Not JoJo.gif
4MB, 427x240px
>>53033417
Don't make me shake a can of pennies
>>
>>53033307
In general most decking is going to be:

Roll logic+hacking to get a mark

Roll EWAR+intuition to do a thing.

There are exceptions, but most hacking actions you will want to do as a dabbler are:

Hack on the fly (Said Logic+hacking to get marks and ask questions as per matrix perception as a minor bonus)

Matrix Perception (Computer+intuition to ask specific questions about an icon)

Spoof command (Hacking+intuition Send a fake order from a device, requires marks on the owner, not the device you are commanding)

and

Control device (EWAR+Intuition, command a device as if you were its owner, requires marks on the device)

There are a lot of other actions you should know about, like cracking and editing files, snooping on matrix traffic, ect, but in general "I want X device to do Y thing *right now*" is most of hacking, and that is how you get a device to do something and how you avoid smashing into databombs or whatever while doing so.
>>
>>53033442
It might not be a jojo reference, but I'm damn well gonna make it one in my game, anon-kun. Stand Ship and Stand Radio Tower on the way.
>>
File: Nerf Nerf.gif (87KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Nerf.gif
87KB, 326x326px
>>53033403
Okay but how does this relate to vehicles? Can they inhabit any vehicle, or is it just old spooky vehicles?
What if they inhabited a vehicle with a rigger interface? Would rigging into them be considered spirit rape, or would the rigger just get fucked?
Knowing magic and mundanes it's probably the latter.
>>
File: Lawful Neutral Problems.png (86KB, 286x368px) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Neutral Problems.png
86KB, 286x368px
>>53033470
>>
>>53033433
I have the new book, yeah. If you want sources on shit, go ahead and ask.

The art is okay. Editing is overall okay, I haven't noticed any errors really yet, other than the ENTIRE FUCKING """NEW ALCHEMICAL PREPS""" section being literally just examples of spells used as preparations from Core/CRB, without even so much as anything like an inventive use for them. It is, literally, three pages of nothing.

Whole CHAPTER on Blood Magic! Did we get costs for buying/making/binding Athames yet? Of course we didn't!

Combat Spells with dual-elements that somehow have less Drain that one with one? Sure!

The ability to Assense someone and know if they have a legitimate SIN along with the name and corp/country it belongs to, the Records on File quality, the Restricted Gear quality, and a whole fucking slew of other retardedly insane bullshit that shouldn't be able to be figured out via Assensing? Yep, it's there!
>>
>>53033480
VEHICLES OF THE LAND
The ones you’re more likely to see (in a relative
sense; most people will go their entire lives with-
out seeing one of these things) are the land ve-
hicles, simply because you’re more likely to be
there than anywhere else. The first thing you may
notice is the age of these things; not a single one
has been spotted that dates after the Awakening
in terms of emulated design, which is rather sur-
prising due to magic not existing when these cars
did. There are some working theories about this,
the largest being that modern designs are some-
how lacking the right “soul,” while others think
it’s tied in with the spread of plastic and other
unnatural materials in their construction. I hope
to investigate this further at some stage but, for
now, my research keeps me otherwise engaged.
Then again, a few of them are fairly close to my
current location …
Trains come in two flavors: The more common
is the ghost train, which runs along the tracks it
once traveled, despite those tracks having been
gone for a century or more. They seem to be most-
ly harmless, simply passing through and whistling,
which has some researchers rating them more as
phenomena than true spirits. There are also those
who have seen them stop to pick up lone passen-
gers who have never been seen again.

There's more, but frankly, I'm getting to that point where it's difficult to even be angry about it. It's got good bits in the qualities and whatnot, but so much of it is just so cripplingly, retardedly bad.
>>
File: adept suplexes a train spirit.jpg (33KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
adept suplexes a train spirit.jpg
33KB, 600x720px
>>53033505
>Train spirits
>>
>>53033488
I hate being a broken record, honest, but how are the adept abilities? Anything stand out? Any new Mentor Spirits?
>>
I'm about to play shadowrun the return for the first time. What do I need to know?
>>
>>53033551
That is literally all I could think of when I saw it train spirits. It is why I didn't think the idea was cringey, especially if these are free spirits who are weird as fuck by a rule and are not something someone can just summon.
>>
Hey Guys, I want to make an elf that was born in the 1400's which is technically the fifth world. My parents would be elf, and i would be an elf that is human looking. Is this possible? or do elves that have sex produce no children or children that are not human? PLS explain
>>
>>53033553
A bunch of new mentors.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/211043/Shadowrun-Forbidden-Arcana-Advanced-Magic-Rulebook

This has a preview that you can use for the Mentors and other stuff. Ask about one and I'll copy it up for you.
>>
File: Vehicle Spirits.jpg (62KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vehicle Spirits.jpg
62KB, 350x500px
>>53033505
Okay, I'm perfectly fine with this. It's pretty silly and I love that sorta thing.
But if they're spirits, they'll have their own metaplane, right? Could my rigger go there and we can have a pic related shenanigans going on?
>spirit has to rely on a rigger to help them win a spirit race
Is that dumb as shit? Surely. But my rigger's not one to do things in the conventional sense.
>>
>>53033576

This was a canonical thing called being a spike baby. They were rare but not unheard of and hypothetically go back, but ones before the 2000's were really really rare.

It is a bit snowflakey basically, but who the fuck cares, your an adult and if anyone judges you for playing a magical pretend elf 'wrong' they are fucked in the head.

Elves who have kids will usually have elf kids, but metagenetics are a crapshot and anyone could potentially have any type of baby. Furthermore human children still can turn into orks or trolls at puberty but that is really rare unless one of the parents is an ork or troll.
>>
>>53031743

Aside from Slamm-0! And Netcat has there ever been a romance that isnt political or pure survival instinct. Sure you got cases like Glory and Marta but even the poor girl got roped into a cult that probably fucked the gay out of her
>>
>>53033603
Thank you so much, that answers my question.
>>
>>53033577
Is the Order of St. Sylvester segment brief enough to post? I'm part of the order on my character and would like to see it if it adds new lore to them and isn't long.

And what's the Holy Text Mentor Spirit all about?
>>
>>53033633

Kane was literally powered by love to become a huge badass.

Shadowrun is actually full of examples of the positive effects of runners and giving a shit. It is a huge part of the setting that only runners really have the freedom to make their own ethical choices that have an impact on the world.
>>
>>53033576

Elves literally didn't exist in the 5th age because there wasn't enough magic to support them.

That's not 100% accurate, but that's the quick and dirty answer.

Immortal elves from the 4th (And previous) ages didn't suddenly die at the turn of an age, but they weren't really producing new elves because of the lack of magic on earth.

There are also things called 'Spike Babies' which exhibit magical properties (Named after the fact that they were a result of a 'mana spike' as I have been told, though I could be wrong here). One confirmed spike baby would be Bruce Lee, who was a Physical Adept. I know there are others but he's my go-to example.

however, spike babies are so laughably rare that you're better off letting your GM let you play a Changeling Mage Prototype transhuman.

Further: Not all elves are "immortal elves." In fact, most of them are not, and while elves are expected to have long lifespans, you're probably not going to be able to go 500+ years, especially with the vast majority of that being in a giant mana void.

Finally, there is the issue of: what the fuck did you do for 500 years that you're not so far prime that you shouldn't be playable anyways? I mean that in the most respectable way. I legitimately would like an honest answer 500 years is a LONG time to be doing shit but not be getting some serious levels of: Karma, Money, Contacts, Street cred, or Gear.

As the other Anon said, it's not impossible, but I personally wouldn't allow it at my table without some serious 'splaining going on.
>>
>>53033662
HOLY TEXT
Throughout history, the faithful of myriad faiths have claimed that their particular sacred scriptures spoke to them. For some, this guidance may come in the form of the words themselves, but for others, it is a more mystical experience where the text comes alive. Those who follow these texts have a solitary commitment to the values and insights
they glean from them, and as such, there is nothing in this world that can shake their confidence or commitment to them. While the texts are all different,
the discipline used in reading, understanding, and practicing their words is common.
ADVANTAGES
All: Gain +4 ranks of (Choose Holy Text)
Knowledge Skill.
Magician: +2 dice pool modifier when casting Health spells or using the Banishing skill (choose
one).
Adept: Gain 1 free level of Empathic Healing or Mystic Armor (choose one).
>>
>>53033662
ORDER OF ST. SYLVESTER
Also known as Sylvestrines, this is an order of
mostly Awakened metahumans that investigates
magical phenomena for the Church. This or-
der is also publicly known for promoting magi-
cal awareness and beneficial magic such as the
healing arts and exorcisms. A few of the order
are not Awakened but have done much research
into Awakened subjects such as parazoology and
parabotany. The Order started in 1841 as an hon-
orary title for those who exceed in their duties in
various arts, but then was reformed in 1905 with
their present agenda of investigating magical
phenomena. The Knights and Dames of St. Syl-
vester only became publicly known in 2025 after
an official sanction from the Pope.

There's some shit under the Traditionalist Thuerge tradition, but really there's more there than I can post.
>>
>>53033724
That's fine, thanks anyway, anon
>>53033704
Not too shabby for a themed character at least
>>
Is using a program slot on my deck to have a R2 Agent constantly checking me for marks a worthwhile investment?
>>
I've got a Black Mage and Chaos Mage. anything for them in this book?
>>
File: Fallen_Angel_Lucifer.jpg (89KB, 615x356px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen_Angel_Lucifer.jpg
89KB, 615x356px
>>53033601
What about Vehicle mentor spirits?
>My spirit animal is a TRUCK
What about possession traditions? Can I give my body over TRUCK for incredible powers?

Worse yet we have in-habitation spirits. A truck spirit, wronged in life, now steals the bodies of mortals forcing them to run down dirt roads carrying heavy loads.
>>
File: CHRISTINE.jpg (407KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
CHRISTINE.jpg
407KB, 620x443px
>>53033770
>>53033601
>>53033505

> There are some working theories about this,
the largest being that modern designs are some-
how lacking the right “soul,” while others think
it’s tied in with the spread of plastic and other
unnatural materials in their construction.

oh god I just realized
>>
>>53033758
>Is using a program slot on my deck to have a R2 Agent constantly checking me for marks a worthwhile investment?

I mean sure but why not get a better agent? Agents are just generally useful and having a powerful agent always makes sense for a decker.
>>
>>53033769
First, a pre-word.

• Unless otherwise specified, all of the mas -
tery qualities in this section require a Magic
rating. Most also require characters to be
a Magician, Adept, Aspected Magician, or
Mystic Adept.
• Characters may purchase mastery qualities
that don’t require initiation during character
creation, but they must also purchase all of
the requirements for their Mastery qualities
before leaving character creation.
• The cost for mastery qualities is always the
same, even after character generation; they
don’t experience the same Karma cost in-
crease that other qualities do.
• Some qualities have more than one require-
ment. Some qualities also have alternative
requirements that can be met instead.
Qualities with more than one requirement
will list the requirements separated by the
word “and,” while alternative requirements
will be listed after the word “or.”
• Mastery qualities count toward the max-
imum amount of Karma a character may
spend on positive qualities at character
generation.
• A character may exchange spells they re-
ceive from their selection on the Magic/
Resonance priority chart for 5 Karma to
spend on mastery qualities, but any Kar-
ma that is leftover from purchasing these
qualities cannot be spent on other things or
kept after character generation.
• Mastery qualities that require a skill spe-
cialization may be purchased without the
specialization if the character possesses
the required skill at a level that is two ranks
higher than the listed requirement.
• Mastery qualities that have a magical tradi-
tion listed next to them have all of their skill
requirements lowered by 2 ranks for indi-
viduals of this particular tradition. This in-
cludes the skill ranks that may be required
to gain the next level of a mastery quality.
>>
>>53033769
>>53033832
ARCANE
IMPROVISER [CHAOS]
5 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Spellcasting 6,
Counterspelling 6, Arcana 7 (with Spell Design
specialization), and 4 spells from each category
A character with this quality can spend a point
of Edge to cast any spell they have not previously
paid Karma to learn. Characters may only cast this
spell once per week with a Complex Action, but
it is always considered Reckless Spellcasting (p.
281, SR5) when calculating drain DV.

RENAISSANCE
RITUALIST [CHAOS]
8 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Arcana 4, Knowledge:
Magical Traditions 5, and Ritual Spellcasting 4
When characters with this quality are leading a
ritual, a number of participants equal to their Mag-
ic + Initiate Grade may observe different traditions
without penalty.

No tradition updates for Chaos.

Black Magic gains the following:

TRADITIONAL BLACK MAGE
RULES
Traditional practitioners of Black Magic follow
strict rules:
• Selfish Magic: Beneficial health spells spe -
cifically can only be cast on self instead
of others. Cannot cast ritual health spells.
Health preparations cannot be created with
alchemy. The practitioner gains +2 dice to
spellcasting or the ritual spellcasting of
spells that the they cast on themselves.
• Receive Animal Familiar quality for free.
• Receive Dark Ally quality for free. Spirit is a
boggle (p. 117, Howling Shadows).
• Personal Demons: Spirits summoned auto-
matically gain one of the following:
• Fear power (automatic instead of optional).
• Flight skill equal to Force.
• Natural Weaponry (DV = Strength + 2).
>>
>>53033826
I'm thinking about picking up the shittiest deck and slaving it to my main one, and running a good agent on my main one. The shitty deck/agent would just scan my deck and my team's PANs for any abnormal marks.
>>
>>53033858
PUPPET MASTER
[BLACK MAGIC]
10 KARMA PER LEVEL
(MAXIMUM 3)
Minimum Requirements: Psychology 5 and
Spellcasting 4 (Manipulation spells)
This quality allows a character to sustain one
Mental Manipulation spell per level of the quali-
ty without taking a penalty. The character cannot
benefit from this quality if they sustain spells with
a Force that exceeds their Magic rating.
>>
>>53033770
>your fixer calls you up for a job to do
>apparently there's some weird stuff going on down by the highway
>people are being hijacked in their vehicles and their car parts are being stolen
>after some investigating, you find the source
>it's a cult of ork truckers, who offer vehicle parts to their TRUCK SPIRIT in return for magical boons

Imagine...
>>
>>53033866

Unfortunately once the agent is on the deck it becomes a persona as far as I can recall, preventing you from slaving it.
>>
>>53033915
But it can still run autonomously, checking constantly for marks. It doesn't matter if its deck gets damaged. It's my canary in a coal mine.
>>
File: 1364353726306.jpg (81KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1364353726306.jpg
81KB, 520x678px
>>53033876
>mfw thinking about this for the group's Black Magic Face
>>
File: file.png (793KB, 553x998px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
793KB, 553x998px
Well, that's one way to try and fix shooting with alchemy. I guess.
>>
>>53033724
>but really there's more there than I can post
Pastebin, omae.
>>
>>53033980
I still don't understand why you can't prepare the penetrators in sabot rounds or APDS. They meet all the restrictions for not being fucked up by barrel lands or overly stressed by firing.
>>
PRACTICED
ALCHEMIST [ISLAMIC]
5 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Alchemy 6
Each alchemical preparation created by a char-
acter with this quality lasts twice as long before
the potency begins to diminish and receives a dice
pool bonus equal to (1 + Initiate grade) whenever
it is triggered.

ALCHEMICAL BOMB
MAKER
10 KARMA
Minimum Requirements:
Alchemy 4 (with Combat Spell specialization) and
advanced alchemy metamagic
A character with this quality can increase the
radius or base DV of alchemical preparations that
have their range listed as LOS(A). For every 2DV
increase in damage or 10m increase in radius
(rounded up), the Drain Value is increased by 1.
A character with this quality may also reduce the
drain from one type trigger of her choice by one,
down to a minimum of zero.

ISLAMIC MAGICIAN RULES
ISLAMIC ALCHEMIST
• Cannot practice spellcasting or ritual spellcast-
ing, but may use counterspelling normally.
• When Islamic Alchemists initiate, they must
choose the following four metamagics, in the
following order, before choosing any others:
Fixation, Quickening, Advanced Alchemy,
Anchoring.
• For each level of initiation, the Alchemist may
reroll one die on tests using the Enchanting
skill group.
• May not use the Conjuring skill group un-
less an initiate of grade 5 or higher.

DURABLE PREPARATIONS
5 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Alchemy 6
The character’s intimate knowledge of the materi-
als and skills used in alchemy gives them insight to re-
inforce the magical bonds of the preparation. Increase
the time before the preparation starts to lose potency
to (potency x 3) hours, instead of potency x 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ln6cZ21heo

ALLAHU ACKBAR
>>
>>53034067
Plus

POTION MAKER
15 KARMA
Minimum Requirements:
Alchemy 4 and Chemistry 4
The Potion Maker doesn’t take any extra drain
from the basic lynchpin triggers when creating al-
chemical preparations if the lynchpin is a liquid.
The lynchpin must have some component in it
that pertains to the nature of the spell (a Fireball
spell could use gasoline, a Manipulate Earth spell
could use a handful of dirt, a Heal spell could have
ground aspirin tablets, etc.). If a spell contains
more than one elemental component, both ele-
ments must be represented in the lynchpin. The
entire volume of the liquid must either be con-
sumed by or poured over the target before the
preparation can be triggered in any way other than
with a timer trigger. Advanced lynchpin triggers
still add drain as normal.
>>
File: 1UgyoEi.png (13KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1UgyoEi.png
13KB, 387x429px
>>53034067
>PRACTICED ALCHEMIST [ISLAMIC]

I'm sure they are
>>
>>53034080
VISCERA WEB
(Blood, Physical, Damaging)
Type: P Range: LOS
Duration: S Drain: F + 4
A horrific spell, this causes widespread ruptur-
ing across the target’s body as their veins shoot
out to adhere to the environment surrounding
them. This incapacitates them with extraordinary
damage and pain, plus the fact that their living
veins stick to the floor, walls, and ceiling. Any
damage caused cutting them down may cause
them to bleed out—assuming they survived the
initial spell. The caster must win a Spellcasting
+ Magic vs. Body (+ Counterspelling) Opposed
Test. Additionally, the spell’s Force must equal or
exceed the target’s Body. Non-living material—in-
cluding clothing, gear, and cyberware—are not af-
fected. The target’s Agility is reduced by every net
hit on the Spellcasting test. If Agility is reduced to
0, the target becomes fused to the nearest solid
surface and unable to move their limbs without
causing further damage to themselves. The tar-
get can painfully tear themselves free, though this
causes additional damage equal to the net hits on
the Spellcasting test and one additional box of
Physical damage every (Body) minutes until they
receive medical attention to stop the bleeding.
>>
File: 1441568447281.jpg (39KB, 600x759px) Image search: [Google]
1441568447281.jpg
39KB, 600x759px
>>53034145
This is absolute nightmare fuel what the fuck. I feel a little sick just reading this.
>>
>>53034145
Not sure if fluffwise this or 4e's Rot spell is worse.
>>
>>53033980

Would this ignore immunity to normal weapons?
>>
File: 1475362845408.png (616KB, 533x538px) Image search: [Google]
1475362845408.png
616KB, 533x538px
>>53034145
Blood mages cannot be trusted
>>
>>53033698

Kane is pre 4E.
>>
>>53034181
RUPTURE
(Blood, Direct)
Type: P Range: T
Duration: I Damage: P Drain: F – 6
With this particularly traumatic spell, the caster
seizes control of the blood of the target, forcing
it to evacuate his body by whatever egress it can.
The target begins to bleed from their eyes, ears,
nose, and so forth, while thinner patches of skin
first contuse, then split open as blood shoots out
in a scarlet geyser. This spell can only affect targets
with a circulatory system. The damage caused by
this spell can be used with the Sacrifice metamag -
ic and to charge an athame.

PREDATOR FEAST
(ADEPTS ONLY)
PREREQUISITE: CANNIBALIZE
The adept has tasted the flesh of its own kind
and found it appealing. The life force, blood, bone,
sinew—all are the same components which com-
pose the adept’s body. By committing cannibalis-
tic acts, they can gain temporary regeneration of
their own wounds.
Note that corporations and other groups will
gladly hunt down such an aberrant individual for
the DIMR bounty, and DNA from their saliva and
dental patterns from multiple victims can be used
to hunt them down. Being a cannibal in the Sixth
World isn’t easy.
Predator feast is an advanced metamagic tech-
nique that builds upon the Cannibalize power (p.
90, Street Grimoire). Predator feast functions the
same as Cannibalize, except that instead of gen-
erating 3 Blood Magic Points, the adept gains the
Regeneration critter power (p. 400, SR5). The effect
lasts for (Magic x initiate grade) Combat Turns, but
the adept may immediately spend 3 Karma to ex-
tend the duration to (Magic x initiate grade) days.
>>
File: IMG_3648.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3648.png
2MB, 640x1136px
Okay /tg/, I'm having a slight problem making my mind up for a character.

I'm trying to make a build around a Restricted Gear ( Move By Wires 3).

My GM is letting us make prime runners, with a build to 11 priority system.

I like orks a lot, and I've always enjoyed being a hipster and making Street Sammies from non military backgrounds. So I decided to make a ex or current urban brawl star who runs for fun.

He's got Fame, Electronic Witness and Day Job so I can pay for a wireless skillsoft subscription, because this dumb trogg has an E for skills. I'm trying to rationalize this by saying he got picked up at an early age and thrown in the slam. His out was a Brawl sponsorship with some up and coming team.

He took it, and they hooked him up with a MBW system so they could just chip him with the skills he needed.

I took biocompatibility too, so after the main piece and an Alphaware Skilljack Rating 6 I've got 1.08 Essence left to play with.

I'm debating how to slice up the rest of this Essence.

Since he's lacking in skills and edge, big attribute dice pools is how I'm compensating at the moment.

I was thinking a suped up cyberarm was a thought, since it has range to expand with a bulk mod and nets more bonuses than Alphaware Muscle Replacements (1). They'd cost the same Karma, but there's like a 75,000¥ difference.

The next thought is if I should bother with a smartlink. The increased accuracy and dice seem nice, especially if a decent number of rolls I made are with my skillsofts since they Cap at 6.

Another thing I considered was a Chipjack so I can get even more skillsofts down the road.

I've got a nice 500,000¥ to go to town with, so please throw out your thoughts.

Since urban Brawl limits most players to a sidearm and melee weapon, I figured his only "organic" skills would be pistols, clubs to pistol whip fools with/ a baseball bat, running, and unarmed.

Help me out chummers.
>>
>>53034230
CORPSE EXPLOSION
(Blood, Direct, Elemental)
Type: P Range: LOS
Duration: I Damage: P Drain: F
The most brutal (and gross) of the Corpse
spells, this spell targets a corpse, violently exciting
its blood and causing the body to explode, throw-
ing super-heated flesh, organs, broken bone, and
gear fragments with the force of a frag grenade.
The Damage Value of a successful Corpse Explo-
sion spell is the spell’s Force + net hits, with an AP
equal to – (Force). The radius of the effect is equal
to the corpse’s Body in meters. Damage from this
spell is resisted with Body + Armor (adjusted for
the spell’s AP). The Force of the spell must be equal
to or greater than the Body of the corpse affected.
If the caster mistakenly targets a living being, the
spell fails. The rules for blasts against barriers (p.
183, SR5) apply to the spell’s effects.
>>
>>53034204

That doesn't have anything to do at all with what anyone was talking about though...
>>
File: WeAreNotTakingTheWizard (1).jpg (150KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreNotTakingTheWizard (1).jpg
150KB, 1224x814px
>>53034196
Probably needs an errata clarification. Maybe?

http://ran.2hu.moe/qqwlay.pdf
>>
>>53034311
God damn yekka, you're a hero.
Have fun adding all those new Awakened Priority Options.
>>
File: kylehydegrin.gif (495KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
kylehydegrin.gif
495KB, 500x312px
>>53034311
And here's our shining champion. Danke.
>>
Soooooo
Are we all agreed to geek all mages on sight even the ones we previously wouldn't have geeked?
>>
File: Dispair but also despair.jpg (13KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dispair but also despair.jpg
13KB, 500x375px
So how do you guys handle combat in your games. I'm looking into DMing my first game in Shadowrun, and I'm finding the rules for combat to be way to cumbersome to use and keep the pacing clean. I'm comfortable houseruling the social and tech stuff, but less so with combat. Any advice about how to streamline combat in the Shadowrun system? I read the quickstart guide but even it seemed like it was a bit rule heavy, and I don't think I could manage the game with everyone being new to the system, with them all in play.
>>
>>53034523
I think it should be added to the three rules.

>Shoot Straight.
>Conserve Ammo
>Never make a deal with a dragon
>And always, ALWAYS geek the mage first.
>>
>>53034256
>He's got Fame, Electronic Witness and Day Job so I can pay for a wireless skillsoft subscription, because this dumb trogg has an E for skills. I'm trying to rationalize this by saying he got picked up at an early age and thrown in the slam. His out was a Brawl sponsorship with some up and coming team.
Ask your GM about whether the wireless skillsoft network stuff is added to your lifestyle costs before or after lifestyle cost reductions. If it's before (as per Chummer), go Ogre.

Consider going Adept D for Burnout's Way while you're at it. Chances are you won't be paying for Beta+ MBW with stick Nuyen, so it's going to be up to the GM when you get a chance to upgrade. Also allows you to cash in on Adrenaline Boost.
>>
>>53034555
Use the cheatsheets, most rolls are just you adding modifiers from a table to Skill+attribute rolls to meet a threshold or a contested roll. Combat is fairly straightforward.
>>
>>53034555

Oh don't worry. Combat isn't like D&D where you spend 10 turns wailing on each other.

Combats in SR that last a full combat turn are long combats.
>>
>>53034569
To be quite honest I'm considering geeking our groups mage just incase. Fuck that viscera web bullshit and fuck magic.
Lets go back to witchhunting times.
>>
>>53034638
Only blood mages can cast those spells omae. If he can pull those off try and take him alive for the bounty. Should be easy if he's on your team, just some narcoject when he's not paying attention, neh?
>>
>>53034311

Is it just me or is page 194 fucked up?
>>
>>53034700
So ka. Not a bad idea. I don't know what hes capable of though so I probably will just keep an eye on him and shoot him if he tries anything funny.
>>
>>53034581
That reeks a bit too much of cheese for me. I did play with the thought, but the best character idea I had for Burnout's Way was a Firewatch Drop Out who got hit with an unlucky explosion and was repaired in a really unfortunate turn of events. Lost his shot at Firewatch and runs shadows now because no one wants to hire a burnout who abuses personafixes to escape his shitty life.
>>
File: Decking Flow Chart.pdf (819KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Decking Flow Chart.pdf
819KB, 1x1px
>>53033307
'clean' is a lot to ask for if you also want 'comprehensive'.
>>
>>53034795
Not every burnout begins in dropout and failure.
>>
File: Nazi Book.jpg (88KB, 736x992px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Book.jpg
88KB, 736x992px
>>53033704
What's the disadvantage?
>>
>>53034932
Disadvantage: -2 DV on defense test vs followers of Euphoric traditions.
>>
>>53033770
>>53033903
>finally track them down.
>fuckhueg mysad who is leading them in worship
>as you come in, you watch a giant ghost vehicle come racing along and slam into his body, being absorbed utterly

I AM MONSTER TRUCK
>>
>>53034602
Or you allowed the players to wear milspec armor and the NPCs had to respond in kind.

Don't let milspec armor in your game.
>>
>>53034966

The elephant in the room then. What happens when the Sea Dragon has to throw down against the Flying Dutchman?
>>
>>53034892
Fair enough, I guess in a way it's just... Rejecting your magic for technology. Maybe it was part of his sponsorship, his being and Adept sort of going unnoticed because he was somewhat impotent magically.
>>
>>53034980
If your runners are using Milspec armor, they should be facing opposition using assault cannons, vehicular weapons, and anti-vehicle missiles.
>>
THE MAKE-UP OF MAGIC
In order to help with visualization, here’s a small chart about
commonality of magicians.
FOR EVERY 10,000 PEOPLE:
• There are ten full mages, most commonly a hermetic or
shaman, or a physical mage.
• There are forty aspected magicians
• There are one hundred “Sparks” who are technically magical.
• There are 9,850 non-magical (or mundane) people.
OF THOSE FORTY ASPECTED MAGICIANS:
• There are eight conjurers.
• There are eight physical adepts.
• There are eight sorcerers.
• There are four apprentices.
• There are four enchanters.
• There are four explorers.
OF THOSE ONE HUNDRED “SPARKS”
• There are twenty who are Aware.
>>
File: evee.jpg (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
evee.jpg
156KB, 800x800px
HARMONIOUS DEFENSE
A character with harmonious defense has learned
the ability to use their connection to magic to shield
themselves and others from hostile magic. When
the adept declares that they will use harmonious
defense (a Free Action), they receive a dice pool
equal to their Willpower + Magic + initiate grade,
which can be used in the same fashion as spell defense
dice from the Counterspelling skill. Note that
whenever an adept uses harmonious defense, they
automatically begin perceiving astrally.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ADEPTS CAN METAMAGIC INTO COUNTERSPELLING NOW, BAYBEE.

It's a small thing, but for some reason that's the hypest fucking shit I've seen in the book so far.
>>
File: Archer Armour.jpg (328KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Archer Armour.jpg
328KB, 724x1024px
>>53033980
>bullets only

Why, CGL. I was so close to having an awesome alchearcher, and you snatched it away.
>>
>>53035012
m8 you can already do that with normal preparations, except it's way, way better.
>>
File: Your Chart.gif (3MB, 437x235px) Image search: [Google]
Your Chart.gif
3MB, 437x235px
>>53034755
Not happening to me
>>
File: 1481941576985.jpg (141KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481941576985.jpg
141KB, 750x600px
>>53035011
This sounds llike a cool pokemon power
>>
File: Geek The Mage.jpg (347KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
Geek The Mage.jpg
347KB, 620x650px
>>53034700
>Only blood mages can cast those spells omae
>he believes that there are non-blood mages

Squash the pointy hats, all magic is unclean. It brings dragons and bug spirits and those assholes in the New Century Party
>>
File: hank.png (233KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
hank.png
233KB, 500x385px
>More Magic
>It contains shit like Assensing Negative Qualities and the Player-disallowed magic traditions
>The only book left tangentially related to anything Technological was delayed for this
>We got one 'ware book
>It mostly talks about how ACTUAL tech progression is halted due to CFD
>>
File: Awakened Population.png (31KB, 287x111px) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Population.png
31KB, 287x111px
>>53034998
Would you look at that, CGL actually did something better in 5e than they did in 4e, with a greater degree of clarity while maintaining earlier fluff (though it does imply that magic as a whole is becoming more common, which makes sense). Let's throw a parade.
>>
>>53035119
Blood Magic is actually allowed for players, it's Insect and Toxics that aren't allowed.
>>
File: Archer Infiltrator.jpg (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Archer Infiltrator.jpg
886KB, 1920x1080px
>>53035043
I mean shit like letting you shoot twice as far, perfectly silently (with a bow), more AP with bows sorely need, etc.

You can make magic effects transmitted via arrow, but not just make your arrows better.
>>
File: LaughingAnimeGirls.gif (5MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingAnimeGirls.gif
5MB, 480x270px
>>53035119
MUNDIES BTFO
>>
File: Another beer please.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Another beer please.png
7KB, 300x300px
>>53035119
>>53034998
>>53035139
>Mages are supposed to be rare as shit
>Yet they're the strongest characters in the game and get all these books and material, so why the fuck wouldn't so many players make one

Why do I even bother trying to be mundane.
>>
>>53035165
>>53035166
>>53035119

I feel awful for you guys, I mean that. t. Adept
>>
>>53035165
FAB III the Mages.

Ares did nothing wrong!
>>
>>53035119
Dude as a mage exclusive player even I am livid we got this shit instead of a techno book, and that there aren't badass magical gadgets for mundanes.

Everyone feels for ya.
>>
>>53035176
Oh, anon.

Didn't you hear?

REAGENT: VEINS
OF AN ADEPT
At the core of any type of reagent is its natural
ability to accumulate and store mana. As such,
some dark tradition alchemists have begun to ex-
periment with the body parts of those known to
be a conduit for mana. Thus was born the formula
that uses the veins of an adept to negate the risk
of drain. Whether from grave robbing or harvest-
ing from captives, this reagent has tempted even
the most noble due to the raw power granted
by the compounds and alchemical mixtures that
make use of them.
Adepts may be found all over the Sixth World
and some other planes that connect to it. Finding
one already slain, or harvesting the veins from one
still living, is another matter altogether. The adept
community finds the rise in demand for their body
parts for alchemical experimentation abhorrent.
They actively seek out those who would use such
things for their own particular brand of revenge.
This particular reagent is often harvested by
those of dark traditions, enterprising talismon-
gers who have made quite the tidy profit in selling
compounds without mentioning the ingredients
they contain. Many care more about the effect
than where it comes from. There are rumors that if
the veins of an adept provide such a powerful re-
agent, perhaps other mana-wielding entities may
have similar benefits, but alchemists are rarely will-
ing to encourage that line of thought.
>>
>>53035166
Fear not! Shakez my Burnout Adept Street Sam shall reject his birthright and embrace the mundane!

Or I'll keep 1 Essence, so I can at least get Astral Perception... I don't know.
>>
>>53035176
>>53035203
DRAIN AWAY
Holding the ability to lower the damage caused
by drain, this compound has become one of the
most feared in the arsenal of dark aspect magi-
cians. It can only be made with the mana-fueled
veins of an adept, and producing this compound
pushes past lines even most shadowrunners will
not cross. Countless adepts perished before the
formula was perfected. Now it spreads deep
within the shadows for those willing to pay the
price for power. Dark traditions and insect sha-
mans are known to carry a dose as a trump card
few could expect.
• Trigger: Contact
• Effect: Once imbibed, the next time the
target would take physical damage from
drain, that damage is negated.
• Aftereffect: Nauseated side effect
• Required Reagent: Refined veins of the
adept
>>
>>53035166
Do it old school. You want to play Awakened? Break out those percentile dice, you've got a 1.5% chance to get mojo, and a precise breakdown of what kind of wizzer you'll be.

Although I don't know what a 'physical mage' is. Different term for Mystic Adept? They aren't on the listing elsewhere.
>>
>>53034984
>I guess in a way it's just... Rejecting your magic for technology
Alternatively, it could be seen as augmenting the magic you expect to reforge/relearn with technology.
>>
>>53035219
The lack of a standard market for these items
leads to a lack of standard pricing. Still, there is a
baseline to consider, and it looks like this: [(Force
of spell involved) + (Current Potency)] x 500¥.
Another factor that might raise the price is wheth-
er there is a current scarcity of required reagents
(either globally or locally). Base availability for
all compounds is 14R. Creating alchemical com-
pounds requires advanced alchemy metamagic
(p. 153, Street Grimoire).
>>
A strange though just occurred to me, as I finished up the last thread and started on this one.

We know that Verjigorm is so frightening because, aside being a really strong Horror, it was a horror that decided to manifest as the Hunter of Great Dragons.

What happens if, either much later or due to somebody doing the stupid shit I mentioned last time, a Horror comes in and decides to be the Hunter of Corporations. What does that look like.

Also, Alchemical Bomb Maker is hilarious.
>>
File: deebly goncerned.png (96KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
deebly goncerned.png
96KB, 600x500px
>>53035203
>>53035219
>>53035233

Oh. This is no longer flavortown for me.
>>
File: Black Devil.jpg (61KB, 736x646px) Image search: [Google]
Black Devil.jpg
61KB, 736x646px
>>53035233
Now the question is, how will Chummer implement that? There's no rule for draining Potency in reagents, afaik, so cheesemonkeys might just spend the karma to get one at chargen.
>>
>>53035226

There are generally three kinds of adepts. Lets call them the purist, utilitarian, and the avatar, because there are no terms and I am literally making this up based on observation.

The purist views magic as the important bit, and practices their skill to practice magic. The idea of reducing their connection to magic would be deeply harmful to themselves.

The utilitarian just views magic as a tool to get what they want. Most artisan adepts are utilitarians from what I see, they just want to be good deckers or riggers and thus will get the 'ware they need to do that. They don't really have a huge stance on the philosophy.

The avatars are people who view their mastery as the most important aspect of themselves, they want to embody what they practice totally, and the magic is secondary. An avatar longarm adept wants to be *THE* best shot, and will combine 'ware and magic to achieve this singular, borderline sociopathic focus. The fact they are magical means they MUST follow their path and 'ware up, not that they shouldn't.
>>
>>53034311
HERO
>>
>>53033980
Which book is this?
>>
>>53035320
the one everyone's talking about, keep up newfag
>>
>>53035340
I've been gone several months you trollfucker.
>>
On reddit somebody dropped the term 'blood crystals' as some form of aug without magic penalty. Somebody know more ?
>>
>>53035368
Literally every post surrounding that one is clearly talking about new content. You could parse, through context clues, that a new book was released and then easily find the post detailing it.

Like I am not even trying to be mean but in my actual professional opinion you have at least one red flag for autism.
>>
>>53035368
All the more reason for you to read the thread before posting, don't you think?
>>
>>53035396

Sounds like Earthdawn blood marks.

I suspect it is part of the new blood magic boost, which is good. Blood magic in 5e and to a lesser extent 4e was pretty toothless compared to how it was historically pants shittingly strong. As long as they don't have prices everything is good.

The guy in a tizzy is Bamce. He is kinda well known for being a pessimist about everything and getting up in arms over nothing.
>>
>>53035396
Probably a bit more of that old Earthdawn magic.

Take a peak over here http://web.archive.org/web/20110420121733/http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/

and look for comparisons.

It's what I'm doing now that I hear about that.
>>
>>53035396

They're qualities that are related to blood magic, cost karma and essence, but don't reduce your magic. Honestly they don't look that good, but I haven't looked that hard at them and the fact that someone though implants that don't cost magic was a good idea is dumb.
>>
>>53035396
m8
>>53034311
Seriously, guy.
>>
>>53035396
>>53035437
Thoughts on blood crystal vampires?

>>53035281
Well said.
>>
File: I never asked for this feel.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I never asked for this feel.png
99KB, 500x500px
>Mages are the best at everything
>Ware is too goddamn expensive in nuyen and Essence to be Adam Jensen
>>
MANA STRIKE
Many threats in the Sixth World are resistant, or immune
altogether, to mundane attacks. This technique functions as a
normal unarmed attack, except that the martial artist channels
mana through the strike. As a result, the attack functions as
magical for the purposes of fighting enemies resistant or immune
to normal weapons.

What's the point of this martial art when Killing Hands exists?
>>
>>53035508
'Ware has good price points. The issue is less that magic is too good at stuff and more that adepts and mages have no reason not to just take the best stuff of everything.

Like adept powers are actually kinda garbage and pure adepts are literally the worst way to make anything. But once you get even a bit of 'ware you are suddenly way stronger than anyone as an adept. The lack of any exclusivity to 'ware, the idea that being a mundane means getting nothing rather than just being different, is the design problem in play here.

Mages meanwhile are busted more because sustaining buffs is just too fucking easy. Psyche and power foci combined just destroy the idea of the sustaining penalty being a serious problem, so every mage is running around with a boost to their drain stat and +5d6 initiative all the time, rather than using these very serious and deliberately overpowered boosts at either great personal cost or to assist their teammates rather than themselves.
>>
>>53035508
>Ware is too goddamn expensive in nuyen and Essence to be Adam Jensen
That's not true; you just have to work the system (and badger your GM to drop down to 4 cyberlimb attribute averaging) to manage it.
>>
>>53035402
>>53035435
Okay, through sources other than here I found out about the book, but I gotta say, wouldn't it have been easier to tell me or ignore me? What was the point of this?
>>
>>53035560
Mundanes
>>
>>53035582
Easier, yes. But would you have learned anything then?
>>
>>53035582
>What is the point of mocking someone trying to use 4chan as google?
>>
>>53035600
>Prerequisites: 15 Karma cost, must be an adept
or mystic adept

Nope.
>>
>>53035614
And what do you figure I learned from this?
>>
So is this what happens when CGL sheds dissenting voices and finally embraces MagicRun so hard it disappears up its own ass?
>>
>>53035582
Because you're a fucking faggot and you should kill yourself for the remarkable display of incompetence and a lack of basic thought processes.
>>
>>53035648
Well, I'd have figured you'd learned to at least skim threads before asking questions with an obvious answer and opening yourself to deserved ridicule.

But here you go again. And now I've learned to just jeer at you instead of trying to help you learn to find things for yourself.
>>
>>53035623

15 karma is less expensive than .5 PP is the real answer. Killing hands is ultimately not that useful a power and this allows adepts who don't take it to harm spirits as a magical attack.

Honestly though this should have been what Neija was the whole time.
>>
>>53035470
>blood crystals will not bond to any individual with an active HMHVV infection, presumably because [the writers didn't want to become the butt of all future Twilight jokes].
>>
>>53035668
>getting this mad

At least the other guy is being intentionally condescending, you just sound like a sperg.

>>53035675
You thought shitting on me would teach me something? That's shortbus shit right there omae. Anybody with an ounce of social savvy knows the only way to teach someone something is to make them teach themselves, and to do that, you gotta not be a cunt.
>>
File: keep going.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
keep going.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>53035667

I wonder if the solution then is to fuck with the number of awakened population.

House rule something so it's more common.

I mean, fuck. >>53035139

What if it was 25%? Or 50%?

Everyone is awakened to some degree?
>>
>>53035788
If we're going by Earthdawn canon, then yeah, eventually literally everyone is eventually Awakened as an Adept or Mage to some degree.
>>
>>53035788
If you kinda squint at Earthdawn logic, anyone that can use Edge for their own direct benefit is an Adept of some kind.
>>
>>53035763
I have bad news, there are actually 3 guys talking to you. I was the one who diagnosed you with Autism and stopped talking to you.
>>
>>53035788
Or you could just skew the percentages within the shadowrunning community, because it doesn't actually matter what the ratio is in the standard population.

>FORBIDDEN ARCANA
>FOR EVERY 10,000 PEOPLE:
>• There are ten full mages, most commonly a hermetic or shaman, or a physical mage.
>• There are forty aspected magicians
>• There are one hundred “Sparks” who are technically magical.
>• There are 9,850 non-magical (or mundane) people.
>OF THOSE FORTY ASPECTED MAGICIANS:
>• There are eight conjurers.
>• There are eight physical adepts.
>• There are eight sorcerers.
>• There are four apprentices.
>• There are four enchanters.
>• There are four explorers.
>OF THOSE ONE HUNDRED “SPARKS”
>• There are twenty who are Aware.

It doesn't even properly cover the full awakened spectrum.
>>
>>53035763
I didn't shit on you, >>53035435 I just pointed out that a reasonable person would actually READ the fucking THREAD if they've been gone a while in order to gather context on what they've missed.

You do understand that more than one person can think you're being an idiot and respond to you, right?
>>
>>53035763
Are you actually retarded? I'm honestly asking, here.

Is it safe for you to posting? Got yourself strapped into your chair so you don't kill yourself in an autistic fit?
>>
>>53035915
This. If you tried to get demographics of Seattle alone the inordinate amount of runners it has would create a huge sample bias. Shadowrunners, at least the ones that are PCs, are basically the 1%.

They are the logic 6 super-geniuses with logic boosting 'ware to make them smarter than anyone who has currently ever lived. The magic 6 mages. The ex-millitary with enough ware to let them solo an entire police department or small army base. The people who trained at legitimate ninja dojos in far away lands. The honest to god werewolf lords and vampire princes.

You CAN make a more down to earth PC, but they will still be more self possessed, naturally talented, and just generally amazing person than most of us will meet in our lifetimes.
>>
>>53035763
You deserve it shitheel. If you've been to /srg/ before you'd know there are always chummers who hate spoonfeeding retards. You're either lying about ever being here before, or too fucking stupid to be trusted online without supervision.
>>
>>53035921
>>53035963
>>53035989

You two/three can stop I literally diagnosed him with Autism. This is just cyberbullying at this point, you monsters.
>>
>>53035994
I ain't no monster chummer, I refuse to be anywhere near this spaz's closet or under his bed. He might mistake me for one of his bodypillows.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 848x1200px
>>53034349
The only really messy part so far is going to be the exchanging spells for a discount on mastery qualities, Chummer's not set up to handle that well.
>>53035268
Absent of any rules otherwise, it'll just be a gear item, really.
>>53034932
DISADVANTAGES
Having a Holy Text means that some actions will be considered illicit or counter to the teachings of the text. When a follower of a Holy Text wishes to take an action that is contrary to the teaching of the text (whatever that text is), they must pass a Charisma + Willpower (4) Test to take the action.
Similar Archetypes: Vedas, Dhammapada, Torah, Bible, Qur’an, Book of Mormon
>>
>>53036129
It has rules, the problem is that it scales in cost on both Force and Potency.
>>
So I'm building a new character and here's how I see the role: Gun Adept Primary, Support Out-of-Combat Mage (hence leaning MysAd) and whatever left physical adept -- this last part is lore/fluff, but works with my backstory well. Anyone build something like this or have some pointers?
>>
>>53036585
Just go Adept. Mystic Adepts are for faggots.
>>
>>53036585
If you've never made a MysAd before, be forewarned that it's going to take a few tries before you can get to really take advantage of the variety of options, as opposed to just waste points spreading yourself too thin.

I'd say that you'd probably just be best served doing a little bit of Adept stuff for basic Gun boosts, and leave any phsyical enhancements for magic, if possible.
>>
>>53036607
I kinda want to play a Null Wizard Mystic Adept.
>>
>>53036167
Not really a problem. I probably won't get around to implementing it properly for a little while since preparations probably need some custom implementation for this and that, but cost isn't particularly difficult.
>>
>>53037237
Just as a general question, about how long would it be until stuff like the Qualities are in?
>>
>>53036974
>Null Wizard Mystic Adept
What's that?
>>
>>53037374
>Null Wizard
>Cannot use any of the following skills: Alchemy, Artifcing, Binding, Ritual Spellcasting, or Spellcasting
>Cannot astrally project
>Gains Reflection metamagic for free (p.151, Street Grimoire)
>Gains Spell Resistance quality for free

The mechanics don't seem to quite come together; it's cutting out most magic stuff in favour of being the counterspelling guy, while the adept power points still cost. Unless you do that Nosferatu thing.
>>
File: i've been waiting for this.jpg (7KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
i've been waiting for this.jpg
7KB, 296x170px
BAREHANDED ADEPT
[BUDDHISM]
10 KARMA
Minimum Requirements: Must be
an Adept and have Unarmed Combat 6
This quality allows an adept to cast a number of touch spells equal to their (Magic attribute /2); a new touch spell is granted as the character’s Magic attribute rises high enough after acquiring this quality. An adept with this quality does not actually have to use their hands to cast a spell, but their bare skin must make contact with the target of the spell (or the target’s clothing). A barehanded adept uses their Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill and must still make the normal unarmed attack required to target a touch spell. Drain is double what it normally would be and is resisted with Body + Willpower. The maximum Force of any spell cast with this ability is (Magic / 3), rounded up.

I don't know how I'll use it yet, but some day I'll figure out a Kenshiro meme build.
>>
>>53037673
RUPTURE
(Blood, Direct)
Type: P Range: T
Duration: I Damage: P Drain: F – 6
With this particularly traumatic spell, the caster
seizes control of the blood of the target, forcing
it to evacuate his body by whatever egress it can.
The target begins to bleed from their eyes, ears,
nose, and so forth, while thinner patches of skin
first contuse, then split open as blood shoots out
in a scarlet geyser. This spell can only affect targets
with a circulatory system. The damage caused by
this spell can be used with the Sacrifice metamag -
ic and to charge an athame.

:^)
>>
Did anyone ever share a PDF of Book of the Lost?
>>
>>53037802
Yeah it's in the MEGA link in the OP
>>
>>53037525
>Gains Spell Resistance quality for free
What's this? Are they talking about the Spell Resistance "adept power"? Or maybe the Magic Resistance "quality"? If either, how many ranks does it give? If neither, wtf are they talking about there is no "Spell Resistance" "Quality". Am I missing something or is this just another fuckup?
>>
>>53037673
Meh, with a Force of (MAG/3), it isn't that great...
>>
>>53037859
Yeah, no idea.
>>
>>53037859

I would go with Spell Resistance adept power since the book is about adepts and mages. And only one rank since it doesn't specify more than one.
>>
Tell me about dwarves, /srg/. Are they any fun? Any good? Relatively popular? What about their metavariants?
What kinda crazy dwarves have you come up with/encountered?
>>
>>53035254
A scrawny punk in a neo-anarchist leather jacket and the biggest pink mohawk you have ever seen.
>>
>>53035254
>What does that look like.
Another corporation.
>>
>>53033354
Is anyone really surprised at this point?
>>
>multiply food
im a ghoul
clone spell???
>>
>>53035508
It's mostly just ware that gives you flat bonuses, that's expensive.

You can do some mighty powerful stuff if you're creative.

Like adding a grappling gun and shock hand to a cyberarm and electro punch people in the face from 5 meters away.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-03+at+03.41.51).jpg (125KB, 476x410px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-03+at+03.41.51).jpg
125KB, 476x410px
>>53038759
related
>>
>>53038769
This is so utterly retarded.
>>
>>53038382
Dwarves are basically an entire race of Mike from breaking bad
>>
>>53038769
>not using fish as the other example
Which of Jesus' feats can mages not replicate? Coming back from the dead?
>>
File: more revives.png (906KB, 469x1038px) Image search: [Google]
more revives.png
906KB, 469x1038px
>>53038786
Actually...
>>
>>53038776
Especially when it existing completely undercuts the Nutrition spell for everything except fucking over the "impossible to cure" CFD.
>>
>>53038929

Wait, Nutrition can cure CFD? How?
>>
>>53039092
It's somewhat complicated, but you can use it in conjunction with other treatments to basically starve the nanomachines out.
>>
>>53039092
Basically, certain strains of CFD nanites are only able to refuel and rebuild with material that you've eaten, rather than cannibalising your body directly. If you use Nutrition and some other shenanigans, you can prevent the nanites from getting more raw material so they eventually die off.
>>
>>53039092
>>53039149
It's not that complicated. Both sides of the equation come in the same book, even. Stolen Souls.

>The Nutrition spell provides a target with nourishment, allowing them to live off pure mana.

>As long as the head case ingests food, the nanites are able to create soft nanites at a rate of +1 NV every week. If the head case can eat some inorganic materials, the nanites can create hard nanites at the same rate. That means a feeding head case increases their nanite count at a rate higher than the degradation of old nanites (–1/ month), which are often recycled if they have not been flushed from the body by injury or waste evacuation.

Original flavour CFD (as opposed to the later Boston Lockdown zombie CFD) treats the body fairly well, and if there's no food passing through the nanites die rather than chowing down on the host.
>>
>>53034555

Shadowrun combat LOOKS rule heavy, and by all means, it is, but it's still easier than Grappling in D&D.

Here's the quick-and-easy:

1: TIE GOES TO THE DEFENDER. ALWAYS.

2: Shooty people: To shoot, they roll Guns (Whatever skill is associated)+agility. Opponent rolls dodge. If they dodge (reaction+intuition), no damage. If they don't dodge, they take damage equal to whatever is listed on the gun. Opponent rolls their armor, minus the AP listed on the gun (modified by bullets, but I'm TRYING to keep this simple). If the damage is over their armor rating (After Armor penetration) the damage is physical. If not, it's stun damage.

3: Melee people: To melee, roll melee (Whatever skill is associated with their weapon/fists)+agility. Opponent rolls to dodge (like above). Damage is equal to (usually) Str+a number listed on the weapon.

4: Mages: You roll Spellcasting+magic to cast a spell. The mage casts the spell at a force, which is the power, and limit, to the spell. Then they resist damage for being abominations to god and breaking the laws of reality. This damage is resisted by Willpower+(A stat that is determined by their tradition). If the number of hits on the spell exceeds their magic, then the drain is physical. otherwise, its stun damage.

5: Dodging. Every attack you receive after the first attack within one round decreases your dodge by one. So, first attack: Full dodge. second attack: Dodge-1, etc. etc. It only goes down to zero though.

There are rules on if you want to go full auto (Which typically increases recoil, bullets used, and reduces your opponents dodge chance.), or take special actions like Take Aim or Called Shots, but, that should cover all of the basics so you can actually run through combat.
>>
>>53039540
>they take damage equal to whatever is listed on the gun.
Plus the net hits on the attack roll.
>>
>>53039583

I knew I wouldn't make that full list without screwing something up.

Yes, Net hits are bonus damage for gun damage, and melee damage.

And addendum for Mages: Indirect magic spells are dodged like shooty and melee people, and get bonus damage for het hits.

Direct combat spells can't be dodged, and are just resisted by, like... what is it, Body+Willpower? The spell doesn't do as much potential damage, but it is almost always guaranteed damage
>>
>>53039540
I'm kinda starting to realize that having 20 Ballistic armor and a pain editor may be a tad much.
>>
>>53039715
20's fine, I'm sitting on 18 with just an armour jacket, helmet, and a pair of cyberlimbs.
>>
>>53039715

20 honestly is fine. Bad rolls and good APDS attacks can still hurt, and even if you ARE taking mostly stun damage, you're still taking that damage.

Now, my friend has an cybork with a solid 35 armor and a Pain editor, and he's basically unkillable
>>
>>53039752
True enough, Im also realizing how much armor I could have had and how much stronger the pain editor would have been, Had i simply gotten some milspec armor or red sam armor instead of going patchwork normal avail.
>>53039825
Yeeahhhh
>>
>>53039677
Body or Willpower, depending on the kind of spell. If they got a mage backing them then you can also add in Spell Defense dice or possibly some kind of Alchemical bonuses.
>>
>>53039851

This is true, but that was supposed to be the bare skeleton of combat.
>>
>>53034262

So... Does this basically function like a grenade with no damage falloff?

>Does Chunky Salsa apply?
>>
>>53028986
There are occasional spots of canon hooding in 5e. For example, the destruction of Collision Biotech, the subsidiary that MCT had set up to study technomancers that was targeted and ripped up by techno-friendly shadows.
>>
File: Milspec Mage.jpg (148KB, 886x902px) Image search: [Google]
Milspec Mage.jpg
148KB, 886x902px
>>53035667
Then we get Earthdawn Phase, and I can dig it.
>>
File: Absolutely Haram.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Haram.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>53036129
>When a follower of a Holy Text wishes to take an action that is contrary to the teaching of the text (whatever that text is), they must pass a Charisma + Willpower (4) Test to take the action.
>Similar Archetypes: Vedas, Dhammapada, Torah, Bible, Qur’an, Book of Mormon

I'm pretty sure that most of those books have strong opinions on murder and theft for financial gain, as well as lying, materialism, harming others/allowing others to come to harm, and often on rebelling against authority.

So anyone with that Mentor Spirit is going to be constantly rolling that test to get through day-to-day life in the game, at a difficulty 1 higher than every other Mentor Spirit Disadvantage for some reason.
>>
File: Dwarf Face.png (729KB, 891x613px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Face.png
729KB, 891x613px
>>53038382
I like playing dwarves, though I've never seen one of their metavariants at the table, and in general they're less common as PCs than other metas (even trolls get more love). Brains for days, but tiny little legs.
>>
File: 1438141746696.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1438141746696.png
75KB, 680x433px
Can we get some dank memes chummers? Toss em in with your other posts if you dont want to shit up the thread too bad.
>>
>>53038769
>doesn't make food from mana, just speeds up the natural processes that produce it
>uses fucking soyburgers as the example

You know, when I'm hungry I go out to the soyburger tree in my backyard and grab a ripe one, it's right next to the sticky toffee bush.
>>
>>53040130
"CGL" and "common sense" are the biggest oxymoron in existence, omae!
>>
>>53040030
Depends on your interpretation of them. Killing a kafir isn't murder you silly rafida.
>>
File: Jewish Conspiracy.jpg (62KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
Jewish Conspiracy.jpg
62KB, 500x678px
>>53040207
You gotta go hard Jew with this one, right? Bring in a stack of Talmudic commentaries and argue with the GM about everything. You're just roleplaying that free Knowledge skill.
>>
>>53035582
You broke the imaginary 4chan etiquette.
Some anons just throw autistic fits over minor things, because their lives revolve around little else besides 4chan.
>>
>>53038382
I feel like dwarfs are very under-used
and whenever I see a dwarf pc it's the typical uncouth, wannabe A-team character who has a gatling, loves beer and hates elves.
>>
>>53040653
Admittedly I am worried about making a dwarf PC because I might make them too stereotypical.
Problem is, I like their stereotype. I love the gruff work hard, play hard attitude dwarves possess. Although all of them being drunks/hating elves I could do without, and I can see them in any role, not just shooty shoot. I can see them being really subtle actually, if they took pride in their work.
>>
>>53040686
I think the issue is mechanically, they don't fill a great space, so players are less willing to play them even if they like the fluff. They have lower movement rates, so they're not great melee combatants, which is a shame when they've got good BOD and STR.
In a moving shootout scene at my table, I've had the dwarf decker in my party actually picked up by the ork and carried because he was too fucking slow.

I do have one of my players building and playing a Technomancer Dwarf, so thats exciting.
>>
>>53040578
From the very beginning of 4chan history, people have been expected to lurk before posting, find answers on their own and not be thin-skinned.
It's the one thing that separates 4chan from Leddit or Facebook - the idea, learned through a shitton of experience, that holding newbies up never teaches them how to walk. The more you help people find things that literally everyone can do with a tiny bit of effort, the more you encourage them to never put in that tiny bit of effort and take your help for granted. In the end, you end up with a community full of people who never try to find out or understand anything on their own, led by a bunch of drama-mongering "oldfags" who compete over naïve newbies because in a community full of idiots, you can make up whatever you want to. Eventually, the community grows so dependent on a few people who have nothing going for them but persistency and being able to pretend they have patience for newbies that the people who want content leave, the fandom loses any proper contributors/input and it dies until new people come in.
I've seen this happen, with clockwork regularity, in many fandoms, forums, communities and generals. Teaching people to depend on "seniors" on an anonymous board defeats the point of having an anonymous board, because everything ends up in drama and status-mongering anyway - 4chan is built around the assumption that everyone, no matter how new, doesn't have to depend on others for basic knowledge and is willing to Google everything at least a few times before asking.
Also, something that's probably been forgotten after 2010 is that a "new" poster means someone who's lurked for half a year.
>>
>>53040800
tl;dr
>>
>>53040831
Omae is nostalgic about the good old days on a malaysian basket weaving discussion board.
>>
Whats the differencems between 5th ed and 3rd?

I read first and while i like the basic system, as a whole is a mess. I could just go around fixing it for my group but an angry anon in another thread said 3rd was a complete edition.

Was good/bad about 3rd? Putting aside i would have to read 20+ books.
>>
I just realized, some of these new talents are cool as shit, but wouldn't they cost double karma to get them now? Like Spirit Hunter would cost 40 fucking karma and that is too damn high for what I had hoped to get on an already built character
>>
>>53040882
It says they don't cost double in career mode, chummer.
>>
>>53040882
It explicitly says that they don't.

Now if that gets added into the Ways, those also become better.
>>
File: phoenix embarassed.gif (29KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix embarassed.gif
29KB, 256x192px
>>53040928
>>53040961
Oh. I totally missed that part. My bad.
>>
>>53040863
3rd has variable TNs and dice that always explode, as well as using slightly different attributes. REA and AGI are a single attribute in 3e, same with INT and LOG, and Edge doesn't exist. Instead of Edge, you have your Karma Pool and Good Karma. Good Karma is your XP, like 5e's Karma. 3e's Karma Pool is used a lot like Edge. Every 20th point of Karma (10th if you're a human) goes into your Karma Pool as opposed to your Good Karma.
>>
>>53040985
>REA and AGI are a single attribute in 3e,
Addendum: REA and AGI are combined into Quickness, and INT and LOG are combined into Intelligence, but 3e still has an attribute called Reaction. It's the average of Q and I.
>>
>>53040800
And since the beginning of 4chan, anons have thrown autistic fits over minor things that they take way too seriously.
>>
>>53040863
3rd edition is bloated and convoluted, which is true for any edition, but 3rd is probably the worst offender. 3rd edition Matrix rules are a nightmare.

3rd edition features a few significant improvements over 1st and 2nd.

5th edition is a lot more streamlined and, in my opinion, the best ruleset for Shadowrun so far (though that doesn't mean it's a good system).
The big drawback is that the fluff is garbage and much of the additional material is questionable.

I would recommend to use 5th edition rules and main sourcebooks only (Run & Gun, Run Faster, Street Grimoire, Chrome Flesh, Data Trails, Rigger 5) as needed,
but disregard the background and look for 1st and 2nd edition fluff instead.
>>
When in VR, I've seen some people say its possible to perceive and move in the meat world with difficulty. Is there a line about this in any 4e or 5e supplement? I've looked through 5e books but I haven't found anything.
>>
I'm just glad PC's are allowed to play blood mages now lol

Cause that's a thing that really needed to happen
>>
>>53041825
I remember something that let technos be in VR and IRL at the same time but I forget where I saw it
>>
>>53040686
You can build a pretty good dwarf if you take Cyber Singularity Seeker and build around pumping WIS. Aside from that they're mechanically dildos.
>>
>>53042075
Yeah, I was hoping to reintroduce that Echo to help the Techno at my table.

I was going to do it as the Technomancer forcing their Living Persona to run in VR and AR at once. It gives them access to their VR initiative while in meat space, but they receive a -2 Dice Pool penalty or some such to all actions.
>>
>>53042171
I would say run it like the AR penalty where if you take a VR action you take -2 to all IRL actions during that turn and if you take an IRL action -2 to all VR actions during that turn

I would also allow technos to ignore RES/3 Essence loss to RES
>>
>>53041825
from 4e CRB
>A simsense module is required to access full VR. Th e sim
>module is a commlink accessory that you access with a datajack
>or trode net. Simrigs (both worn and implanted) and cranial
>commlinks also contain sim modules. As a safety precaution, sim
>mods override your motor functions while you are fully immersed
>in VR, so that you don’t blindly thrash around in the real world
>and potentially injure yourself or break things. Th is means that
>your physical body is limp while you’re online, as if you were sleep-
>ing. If you concentrate, you can still perceive through your meat
>senses while in VR, but it’s very distracting and you suff er a –6
>Perception Test dice pool modifier.
p. 228
>>
>>53039715
20 armor is in fact rather tame. You aren't able to eat bullets like milk-duds yet, even light pistols still consistently hurt you and if an attack is hurting you consistently it means you can only survive 3-5 shots.

An assault rifle or even an SMG with good ammo still fucking drops you.

For reference most combat characters can pull 21 dice to dodge an attack when full defending and 25 dice to soak before even factoring that adepts can combat sense and likely will have a bit more than 21 dice to dodge, and that 'ware users can get orthoskin and bone lacing to get like 8 more soak dice on top of the 25 putting them at 33 if they aren't an ork. And 33 dice to soak is still not enough to make you consistently immune to full sized weapons like rifles and shotguns.
>>
>>53042320
>20 armor is in fact rather tame.
This is what munchkins actually believe.
>>
>>53042407

You used the term munchkin wrong, and getting above 20 armor isn't even really a matter of hardcore optimization. You get there taking like... even one of the basic armor augmentations.

The basic pre-genned samurai, who is notoriously fucking bad even if you don't enjoy optimization, has 20 dice to soak using a shitty lined coat no one ever uses. The bounty hunter would have 20 just using an armored jacket as well, even before using good armor.

One of the pre-genned PCs has 37 dice to soak, and also did it very poorly.

And the weapon specialist, combat mage, brawling adept, gunslinger adept, and sprawl ganger all could jump out to 25 the first time they upgraded gear.

20 armor is tame by the poor standards of the pre-genned PCs who do stupid shit like spending 3 skillpoints to get 5 dice to blades when they are str 2 and would literally be unable to harm the average person with a knife.
>>
/srg/
how do I get rid of a /thatguy/ in my group
I'm the DM and I just can't bring myself to tell him to fuck off because I'm afraid it might upset the other players
>>
>>53044785
Speak with him in private and ask him to stop doing whatever it is that's being disruptive.
>>
>>53035976
Not just the runners, remember, magic is rare enough that if you have it, you can get a job with it. Magical research, security/military, entertainment, and criminals are all looking for that magic edge, and runners encounter those types a lot more than anything else.
>>
>>53044815
I already did. It solved nothing

He's always talking, over half of it out of character, and all of it while other people should be speaking/playing

It's

>"Hey, Streetsam... so, you're telling me this bike of yours has flames and decals on it, right?"
>"Right, and I-"
>"OH BOY MINE DOES TOO AND ALSO..."

tl/dr of it is, he's a spotlight dick. He's also ALWAYS present for whatever reason, and if the group needs to split he always tries to participate on both counts somehow, either by insisting to call them, or by actually saying "I'm now also going to go to the other location, now that I am done here"
Infuriating, I tell ya
>>
>>53044867
I have a player like that, I've had to start treating him like a kid.

>"OH BOY MINE DOES TOO AND-"
>"Hold on, it's not your turn. Let Greg speak"

The demeaning nature can be rough, but it seems to work at my table.
>>
>>53044867
Have him pulled over and get his SIN/licenses verified next time he tries that 'going to the next location bit.'

Or have a go-gang target him if law enforcement is lacking. Shit happens sometimes chummer. More frequently if you're a pain in the ass. That's karma for you.
>>
File: 1455536326053.jpg (54KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455536326053.jpg
54KB, 960x540px
>>53044942
>In character bullying for out of character asshattery

Not evening memeing, don't ever do this in any game. Not only is it petty and childish behavior, but it nullifies the neutrality that should be enacted by the GM.
>>
>>53044942
Solving an OOC problem by being a dickass GM makes you more of a thatguy than the person being a thatguy. At least the thatguy isn't trying to be a dickass.
>>
>>53045087
>>53045104
>player was already talked to
>player refuses to learn
>"D-d-don't bully, pls"

Stop mollycoddling shitty players. Sometimes a thorough "Rocks fall, you die." is the only thing that shakes such a dickwad awake.
>>
>>53045216
Just kick the fucker out of the game instead if talking doesn't work. Being a fag won't stop the other player from being a fag.
>>
>>53045216
I am not saying don't bully them. I am saying don't be a dickass. Man the fuck up and have a confrontation where you tell them that they need to change or they are out. Don't make things profoundly uncomfortable for everyone at the table because you have the social skills of a potato and believe that the game is a vehicle for your petty bullshit.
>>
>>53045087
>>53045104
>>53045289

Bullshit. Did you guys forget this was a dystopia? Did I say to SINGLE him out? No, I said to enforce consequences for travelling alone.

If other players screw around on their own and don't pick safe routes, they should be getting some friendly Lonestar or KE stop'n'frisk, or go-gangers hammering on their rides too.
>>
New Thread
>>53045300
>>
>>53045289
>>53045087
>>53045104

There is no difference between bullying and being a dickass as a GM. This is what spoonfeeding does, it allows the incompetent to feel like they have a right to be heard.
>>
>>53045274
>>53045289
I'm not saying be a dickass or autistic.
But somebody who constantly talks over the people who might not want to flex their social muscle in a more or less cooperative game, constantly hogs spotlight and requires continuous attention is a lot more damaging to your table.

Set an ultimatum, kick him out if he doesn't better himself, sure.
But don't disregard a tried and proven method.
I meant "rocks fall, you die" in a more figurative sense - You simply end the session when the dude does nothing to comply.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.