[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 66

File: 1486873894619.jpg (944KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486873894619.jpg
944KB, 2400x1600px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52956906
>Technomancers__Joke_or_serious_Threat?.trid
>A_GOD_in_the_Machine.knwsft
>Cyberdecks__Price_reduction_in_sight?.thread
>Resonance_Realms.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1337 (42% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo, chummer.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* No Currently Running File

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Matrix Edition
What Houserules do you use? What are your biggest exploits? Are you a 1337 D3CKZ0R? Or is your toaster the only High-Tech device you own?
>>
>>53000823
My favorite house rule is that spirits don't get immunity to natural weapons or Auto success in defense.
>>
>>53000823
>Are you a 1337 D3CKZ0R? Or is your toaster the only High-Tech device you own?
I've always wanted to run a scavenger-tech character, who runs completely off the grid, no wireless tech.

Sadly, the rules make this suck.
>>
>>53000823

No chunky salsa.

>>53000968
>My favorite house rule is that spirits don't get immunity to natural weapons or Auto success in soak.

This but slightly modified. Spirit summoned less or equal to your magic dont get it. Spirit summoned higher than your magic score get it but they dont get autosuccess on the the soak.

Mages and adepts start with the "sensitive system" quality and mage also get "simsense vertigo" quality. Aspected magicians dont get this qualities.

Adepts must choose a free way at chargen but any adept power outside of the concept of the way is subject to DM approval. Adepts of rigging or decking adepts are forever banned.

And "Catch-up/Break" action from a chase is a contested roll not a retarded threshold one. To avoided every rigger to loose any pursuir in a scooter.

Re did the whole weapons tables so as to make the katana, not the best sword.

Re did augmentation so they dont just give you a shitty + bonus or a + to limits. But instead reduce threshold.

Re did internal router to clearly state with which augmentations is compatible and which isnt.

Head shot from 4th edition is back.

Matrix perception is a free action.

If you put the 3rd mark in something you gain a free matrix action to use only on that objective.

Putting a mark on the host puts automatically a mark on all IC from the host. When you reach 40, in the OS the host spider is alerted than there is someone illegally there.

If you buy cyberware upgrade or cyberdecks you only have to pay the difference between your current one and the one you want (in the case of for example buying synaptic booster 3 when you got 2).

Payment for runs is more but living cost go up too as to justify running instead of just doing 1 run and living well off for 6 months.

Deltaware is not super rare anymore, if you got the money you can get it.

Knowledge skill go from 1 to 4 and each level give you automatic info, no roll needed
>>
>>53000823
I hate some of these and love others, so they probably work pretty well for your table.

>>53000823
I buff the damage of Shotguns so that budget shotguns do 11P, good shotguns do 12P, and forbidden guns do 13P.

Saps do stun damage.

I let Cyberware and Bioware upgrade ratings. Cyberware is 50% less cost. Cyberlimbs can be Enhanced up to 4. Cyberarms have an equal Capacity to their leg equivalents.

Matrix Actions are simple actions. Technomancers have Skinlink, can be a part of PANs/WANs, and can run Programs like a Cyberdeck (except for Configurator).
>>
>>53001672
Fug I meant to quote to >>53001432
>>
File: Can't Tell.jpg (95KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Can't Tell.jpg
95KB, 480x480px
>>53001102
>It's hard to be without modern technology in this cyberpunk game
>>
File: Twelthdoctor.png (148KB, 275x458px) Image search: [Google]
Twelthdoctor.png
148KB, 275x458px
How feasible could someone like pic related be as a character in Shadowrun?
Obviously no time travel shenanigans, I just mean someone who's ridiculously smart and can pull plans out of their ass. I'm thinking a face/decker or face/mage might be the best for this sort of thing. I know a smart character is only as effective as the player, aside from taking that common sense quality.
>>
>>53001902
Depends entirely on whether the GM will enable your Mary Sueness with shit writing and inconsistent application of the rules of the universe.
>>
>>53002187
I can't say you're wrong there.
I get what you mean though. I meant more someone who outwits people as opposed to outgunning them. I love the latter, but wouldn't mind a change in pace.
>>
>>53002219
There's no 'roll X to come up with a cool plan' rule. Common Sense just stops you from fucking up too badly. All the thinking and outwitting is on you. At best read Cutting Aces and learn your cons.

So there's nothing stopping you from doing it, but nothing that mechanically supports it either.

Also, the Doctor was a shit choice when 'criminal mastermind' is a literal archetype found all over media and is more applicable to SR.
>>
File: Silicon Valley.jpg (325KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Silicon Valley.jpg
325KB, 960x1440px
Anyone watching this? It's like a peek into the fresh-faced coder behind the 5e Matrix - distributed processing enabled via constant networking - before his inevitable fucking by the corps.
>>
>>53001432
>Sensitive System
Why? It's irrelevant.

>Free Way
Alright, but what do you mean by any power outside of that way? For the discount? Or just at all? If it's at all, then what the fuck, man.

>Driver Adepts
Why is this even a problem? Like, legit question here, I really don't even get how a non-rigger driving adept would ever be an issue.

>Weapons table
The Katana wasn't the best? That's the Highland Forge Claymore.

>Internal Router
Just let it do all Wireless bonuses. It's fucking .7 Essence, and 'ware characters get fucked enough already.

>Head Shot
You mean Called Shot: Vitals.

>Living costs
Living costs for even a medium lifestyle are already upwards of 5,000 per month, bare minimum. If your runners are seriously making 30,000 Nuyen each, per run, AFTER other expenses, then you're probably at the point where nobody really cares about the lifestyle book-keeping game.

>Knowledge skills
I'm somewhat conflicted. It makes it functionally impossible that you ever forget something in your field, and it doesn't really address the problem that you just get too few actual points to spend for knowledge anyway. Int+Log x6 really should be the minimum.
>>
>>53002331
not him, but:
>>Sensitive System
>Why? It's irrelevant.
The intent IIRC is to make it harder for awakened to get cyber, unlike now where every powerful awakened has SOME ware

>>Free Way
>Alright, but what do you mean by any power outside of that way? For the discount? Or just at all? If it's at all, then what the fuck, man.
With "outside the Way" I think he means any power that Way does not discount. So if your way does not give you Commanding Voice you need to consult the GM before getting it

>>Driver Adepts
>Why is this even a problem? Like, legit question here, I really don't even get how a non-rigger driving adept would ever be an issue.
Because AFAIK Adepts can get LOLFU dice pools for driving

>>Weapons table
>The Katana wasn't the best? That's the Highland Forge Claymore.
IIRC it's better because it has a higher ACC, better conceal, costs FAR less and is CharGen legal

>>Internal Router
>Just let it do all Wireless bonuses. It's fucking .7 Essence, and 'ware characters get fucked enough already.
Ehh, the internal router should only replace those communications between ware, not boni that depend on matrix access (like the Smartgun bonus)

Can't really disagree with your other points
>>
>>53002514
>Because AFAIK Adepts can get LOLFU dice pools for driving

The whole point of adepts is that they get large dice pools at the expense of versatility. It's a solved problem, unless the GM is so free with karma and initiation requirements that the adepts grow exponentially faster than everyone else.

On a fluff note, I hate the idea of banning adepts from interacting with any tech more advanced than a sharp stick. Man meets magic and machine, omaes; saying a keyboard or steering wheel would reject a user because the user happens to shoot lightning out of his ass is antithetical to Shadowrun.
>>
>>53002331
>>53002514
>Sensitive System
>Why? It's irrelevant.
>The intent IIRC is to make it harder for awakened to get cyber, unlike now where every powerful awakened has SOME ware

It forces technomancers and Awakened to make a Willpower (2) roll whenever they use their powers. Failure means adding +2 Drain/Fade to the value of whatever ability they're using. Dunno if it's supposed to be instead of or on top of though, since the quality assumes those characters aren't taking many augs to begin with.Has this been errata'd or something? I keep seeing no one make any mention of this whenever Sensitive System comes up.
>>
>>53002664
Not the guy, but you can't argue that all awakened getting sensitive system is a good touch.

Mage fags need nerfing, specifically adepts. That's why most of these rules being aimed at them.
>>
>>53002788
Like, it's literally just an extra fuck you that doesn't really do anything. If you're using your powers with any real degree of regularity, you're going to have a high Will. It's just a fact. You're going to pass the roll.
>>
>>53002664
IIRC magic was never intended to interact with tech in the SR universe. Hints tech being a dead spot in astral space.
>>
>>53002788
>>53002867
I think it's more about the increased essence cost of Ware than the drain roll.
>>
>>53002884
Alright, but why? Nobody takes 'ware on Awakened other than reddit niggers that play in RunnerHub and ShadowNet.
>>
>>53002914
Well that's obviously why then. Lol
>>
>>53002926
Alright, but it's still doing the Drain bit, and why are you playing with people from reddit in the first place?
>>
File: 1458079524414.jpg (69KB, 711x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458079524414.jpg
69KB, 711x960px
>>53002873
The astral world doesn't interact with technology, true. But mages and adepts aren't astral beings; they're people who can use magic.

It's flat retarded to say, "OK, you have a magic score? Turn in your commlink and driver's license, you travel via magic carpet and send messages via talking birds."

>>53002813
I never said anything about sensitive system. There's a difference between rules used for 'ware, and rules used for random objects you might touch that happen to use electricity.
>>
>>53002813
How are Adepts a problem?
>>
>>53002957
I don't think he's insinuating that you can't use comm links.
>>
>>53002984
Gunslinger that rolls 20+ Dice and has monster initiative. For one.
>>
File: 1458146020487.jpg (639KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458146020487.jpg
639KB, 705x1000px
>>53003003
I'm trying to follow his logic. Adepts can't drive, and they can't be deckers... why could they use commlinks? You can get stuff for a commlink that lets it hack. Are adepts just banned from putting points into any skill the GM thinks might be a problem? Can they only put one point into Computer so they can work basic appliances, but not a deck?
>>
>>53003044
Me personally, once again not the guy, I would seem that any decking done in hot sim would receive no benefit from your magic, non-hotsim sure. Same with driving, jumped in nope, but manual, sure.
>>
>>53003090
I would deem*
>>
>>53002956
Unfortunately some of us have to find groups over the internet. This sort of behavior isn't confined to Reddit, I've seen it on roll20 quite a bit.
>>
>>53003015
Can't people match that with the right 'ware, maybe a quality or two?
>>
>>53003044
This picture annoys me. Why would you have a cyber arm and keep your regular hand? That'd be like getting cyber legs and keeping your regular feet. I live broken bones as much as the next guy, but come on.
>>
>>53003419
Not like an adept can. And it's comparatively much less expensive. Not to mention the other benefits you receive for being magical.
>>
>>53003445
maybe that part is also cyber, just flesh colored?
maybe that isn't a cyberarm, just overlying armor/clothing?
>>
>>53003554
I was running it was just clothing, which made me think it was even dumber to get a "cyber Ware" sleeve. So I'm gonna go with the hand is the only thing she could afford with the realistic cyberware. Lol
>>
>>53003586
I was thinking*
>>
>>53003445
Synthskin ist expensive, chummer.
>>
File: 1446933415236.jpg (249KB, 1214x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1446933415236.jpg
249KB, 1214x1062px
>>53003090
I can follow that. The problem some people have with adept deckers/drivers is that they don't need to jump in - they boost their init and do it all in AR, soaking the penalties and keeping their brains safe from feedback. But to do that they need to buy into those skills heavily, like adepts always do, so I don't have a balance issue with it.
>>
>>53003619
True. Off topic a bit, but synthskin's scale on the availability is fuckin retarded too. When you compare how much the cost barely scales.
>>
>>53003586
Don't underestimate the power of dumb trends - there's a very real chance that it's totally just a sleeve.
>>
File: 1465455470774.jpg (200KB, 946x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465455470774.jpg
200KB, 946x1000px
>>53003445
>>53003586
It makes sense that, if you could only afford to make part of the arm realistic, you'd choose the hand. You can shake hands firmly without crushing bones, run your fingers down someone's face without them recoiling from the touch of cold steel, etc.

It's actually a neat character trait if you run with it. She's got a casemod on the chrome for the street cred, but she secretly wishes she never needed the arm at all.
>>
>>53003622
I think it's a fair way of doing it without making them useless at it and also without making them the defacto go to for it. Also if you do the whole "awakened get simsense vertigo" like the guy was saying, it kinda prevents them from doing it in AR too. But, I don't know if I'd keep that rule because it applies to too many scenarios.
>>
>>53003681
True

>>53003689
Also true, just the case mod seems like a waste of money. But, the no accounting for fluff. Good point Anon.
>>
/srg/ how cheese is it to take the restricted gear quality at gen so you can get a suprathyroid gland?
>>
>>53002331
>Why is this even a problem? Like, legit question here, I really don't even get how a non-rigger driving adept would ever be an issue.

I should have clarified, i meant rigging/deckers. I guess i can see a adept of the athlete way being very good at driving ala Fast and furious but things like a decker who is also an adept and puts all his PP in bosting his decking irks me. I like to keep magic and technology as separate as possible,

So yes, if your power selection doesnt fit thematically to the way you choose i will probably say no.

>>53002331
>The Katana wasn't the best? That's the Highland Forge Claymore.

Outside of that one, that is a very notorious sword, the katana is better in everyway than normal swords, rapier or even IRC the monofilament sword. Not in, it has some pros and cons but better in every stats.

>>53002331
>Just let it do all Wireless bonuses. It's fucking .7 Essence, and 'ware characters get fucked enough already.

You do remember that the write up for internal router just say "This allows the use of some wireless functionality" with no clue as to with what it does and doesnt interact. I mean i already re do all the augs, might as well put my autism to good use.

>>53002331
>You mean Called Shot: Vitals.

I didnt mean a shitty "-2 to the roll +2 to damage" but a "add armor to defense and if they pass, they ignore armor on the soak". My player wanted that rule.

>>53002331
>Living costs for even a medium lifestyle are already upwards of 5,000 per month, bare minimum. If your runners are seriously making 30,000 Nuyen each, per run, AFTER other expenses, then you're probably at the point where nobody really cares about the lifestyle book-keeping game.

Well this is something more of our games than anything else but we really do focus a LOT on the lifestyles choices and integrate mechanics into the narrative. However we really dont care for "other expenses" such as buying new throwaway vehicles of constantly burning SINs.
>>
>>53003871
Just get a used one
>>
>>53003887
Doesn't really help as even a used STG has Avail 16
>>
>>53003880
Why did you reply to the post five different times instead of just going point by point, anon?

And Called Shots are -4 to the roll.

Also, the Katana is literally the same as the Monosword. The Vibro Sword is better than it, and so is the Combat Axe.
>>
>>53003923
No it isn't? It's 8F. Hell, it's only fucking 50,000 if you use the 2050 one.
>>
>>53002331
>and it doesn't really address the problem that you just get too few actual points to spend for knowledge anyway. Int+Log x6 really should be the minimum.

It really does solve it, kinda. With the level being 1 to 4
1- Dabbler (general knowledge)
2- Professional (Detailed knowledge)
3- Veteran (Intricate knowledge)
4- Expert (Obscure knowledge)

and getting the same points as before it means that you got more point to put in necessary knowledge's for you choose "profession" because you only really need a 2 for those. And give ways for more flavorful choices like kaiju movies, etc

>>53002664
>On a fluff note, I hate the idea of banning adepts from interacting with any tech more advanced than a sharp stick. Man meets magic and machine, omaes; saying a keyboard or steering wheel would reject a user because the user happens to shoot lightning out of his ass is antithetical to Shadowrun.

On a fluff note i personally hate that adepts replace skills. Man meets magic and machine. Not man meets machines via magic. Its a highly personal choice for flavor so i cant defend it more than "i hate it".

>>53003044
>I'm trying to follow his logic. Adepts can't drive, and they can't be deckers... why could they use commlinks? You can get stuff for a commlink that lets it hack. Are adepts just banned from putting points into any skill the GM thinks might be a problem? Can they only put one point into Computer so they can work basic appliances, but not a deck?

I never said they couldnt drive or use a commlink or can be deckers by putting points in the skills, i said that their PP expenditure is the thing i limit.
>>
>>53004009
>Why did you reply to the post five different times instead of just going point by point, anon?

Sorry i am on a shitty phone, and it losses the writting screen when if i dont click quote.
>>
>>53000823
>What Houserules do you use?

Ban the magic spell that give extra initiative passes. Either be an adept or get wired/synaptic, gotta nerf those fucking mages.
>>
File: 1471531962429.jpg (290KB, 1424x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1471531962429.jpg
290KB, 1424x1003px
>>53003756
I'm just guessing a cheap casemod because of the brass bands on it. Could be an off-the-shelf model from a company with some appreciation of style.
>>
>>53004037
It still is 16 availability used man. Idk where you're pulling your info from.
>>
File: Suprathyroid Gland 4e 5e.png (15KB, 1283x87px) Image search: [Google]
Suprathyroid Gland 4e 5e.png
15KB, 1283x87px
>>53004037
Where the fuck do you see it being 8F?
And Used only reduces the Avail by 4 in 5e and by 1 in 4e
>>
>>53004176
>>53004206
>Reading comprehension
https://i.gyazo.com/9c141174de93ba45af62ba8bf63ecd94.png
>>
File: 1486238949237.jpg (133KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486238949237.jpg
133KB, 600x900px
>>53004114
So what, they can't get Improved Ability (Pilot Groundcraft), but they can use Improved Reflexes to drive?
>>
>>53004233
Chummer, the 2050's version is only available IF YOU PLAY IN THE 2050'S
>>
>>53004233
>Reading comprehension

Don't bother with this guy, he's the retard yesterday who couldn't read a full sentence and tried to call someone else out for it.
>>
>>53004263
Or if you were born in the 2050s or earlier.

You're not trying to say that you're playing some edgy teenaged runner, are you anon?
>>
>>53004260

Pretty much.
>>
>>53004321
>Or if you were born in the 2050s or earlier.
Chummer, are you willing to tell me that you got it when you were 3 years old?
>>
File: Dangerously Cheesy.gif (1MB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
Dangerously Cheesy.gif
1MB, 300x199px
>>53004321
>using a splatbook designed for a specific era so that you can get around availability rules for the exact same product that exists in the regular rules
>>
>>53004385
>Not playing a runner that's collecting social security
>>
>>53004529
Chummer, assuming you are 18 at the time you get your STG in 2050 and that you are a young and budding runner
By 2076 (current date) you will have been a runner for 26 years
If you've been running for 26 years and didn't die, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED SOCIAL SECURITY?
After running for 26 years you should be rich enough to be able to retire graciously, or be dead
>>
>>53001432
>Re did internal router to clearly state with which augmentations is compatible and which isnt.
Anon, I would love to see your list.
>>
>>53004596
I wasn't the guy Anon, I was just making a joke about the guys logic. Kek

But thank you for flaming him further. He deserves it.
>>
>>53001672
>>Matrix Actions are simple actions.
How does that work for your table? Our decker is dominant enough with Fork.
>>
>>53004233
I see now why you were so vehemently defending pixies yesterday you cheese Lord.
>>
>playing Shadowrun
>Not being an edge Lord

Do you even shadows bro?
>>
So I've been wanting to GM a cyberpunk-y, dystopian sci-fi kind of game lately, but I have some problems. I don't think Cyberpunk 2020 has aged terribly well and I'm not a huge fan of the way Shadowrun blends magic and sci-fi. It's certainly a unique setting with interesting lore, but not what I'm really looking for. I'm wondering if it's possible to play an edition of Shadowrun stripped of magic, or if anyone here knows of any good games that kind of fit what I'm looking for. I just figured this general would be the best place to ask.
>>
>>53004845
Leverage RPG? Blades in the Dark?
>>
>>53004845
You can just cut the magic out if SR. Same with Technomancers (internet magic, dumbest shit in the game anyways). But fair warning I think it'll be quite the undertaking.
>>
>>53004845
You could do GURPS and run whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Is there any way to see into the future at all in SR5, in any form (except asking the GM)?
>>
Is there any reason I should avoid skillwiring a monowhip? Aside from essence waste.
>>
The only houseful I use is that magic's damage is net hits capped at force while AP is Force cast at, so a force 8 manabolt doesn't do 8P -8 AP +Net Hits versus only WP.

It's nowhere near as bad as the first iteration where all magic damage started at half force and could add net hits.
>>
>>53000823
Favorite Exploit:
Be a Technomancer. Have a good drain resist.
Complie a Crack sprite and have it hack the Host.
Have it get two marks on the Host.
Once it has two marks on the Host, have it control the Host to grant your persona a mark, legitimately. Alternatively Spoof Command and do the same thing.
Dismiss Sprite.
You now have a legitimate mark and are inside the host with no overwatch and appear as a legitimate user, eliminating your need to hide from IC.
Repeat with whatever files you want.

Favorite Houserules:
Matrix perception is now a simple action and gives you a list of all devices that you beat their stay hidden roll within 100 ft.
Technomancers can use their agent's marks and all CFs are -3 drain. Technomancers can also port 4E streams to 5e. Resonance actions are invisible to all non-technomancers, even if you fail the check.
Decks are half off and the Crystal Leviathan Shatterstar is allowed in regular play.

All Awakened get Sensitive System.
Ware has availability -10 and deltaware clinics are as widespread as betaware clinics. The grade of the ware refers to the quality of the item not how it's bonded to your specific person.
>>
>>53005275
The divination metamagic can answer questions about future events. You need the divination metamagic (under High Arts), "Augury And Sortilege" ritual (SG 124) and must be either able to assense the object/person/place or have a viable sympathetic link.
You make a test (LOG+Arcana+Grade) with a threshold of how specific the question was (From "Are my enemies catching up to me?" to "Is Mr. Johnson picking up his bribe this evening?"). The threshold table is on p125
Net hits determine how clear the answer is (1 net hit means a cryptic hint, 2 net hits mean vague but helpful answer, 3+ hits is what you want). Glitches give you slightly wrong answers, failure gives a non-answer.
Repeating the ritual is possible but increases the threshold by 1 each time you try unless the GM decides that something has changed

>>53005347
Chance of glitching?
>>
>>53005533
Oh dang, that's just what I wanted. Thanks!
>>
>>53005477
Anon, Manabolt doesn't care about armor at all.

Manabolt is literally, by RAW, just Spellcasting+Magic+Modifiers v Willpower+Counterspelling+Modifiers, with the damage being Net Hits.

INDIRECT COMBAT SPELLS are base damage of Force, with a -AP equal to Force, resisted by Reaction+Intuition+Modifiers at first, and then by Body+Armor+Modifiers-AP second.
>>
Chummers what do you think about allowing mundanes access to the counter spelling skill?
>>
>>53005813
Nah. If you want that, use Sum to Ten and take Priority D Magic for Aspected Sorcery.

If you're okay with some Monad powered bullshit, maybe introduce an experimental Cyberware modification that causes a dice pool penalty for spells targeting you. EVO offers your Street Samurai a test run of it in exchange for taking out a Wizgang Lieutenant.
>>
>>53005813
No.

If you just use armor that's got Chem Seal, mages can't even cast on you. They need to use Indirect spells.
>>
>>53006053
Interesting
>>
>>53006053
>mages can't even cast on you
you what mate? More armor does not make casting mana spells against you harder in any way. Your aura is visible through it
>>
>>53006102
It's objectively not.You have thick armor surrounding you, and it's explicitly NOT compatible with worn armor, which implies that it's purely external to you.

Just like being in a vehicle blocks your aura, so does power armor.
>>
>>53005995
That's a interesting idea. I've never understood why casting against someone with almost no essence didn't just naturally take a penalty anyways.

Why would you say no to allowing mundanes to get counter spelling? Is there potential for abuse, or is it simply, no because mages.
>>
>>53006157
chummer, the aura extends a few centimeters outside your body. Unless your armor is so thick that your are basically in a vehicle and not wearing something that explicitly blocks astral sight your aura extends past it and can be locked on
>>
>>53006214
True, but if your essence is already basically at zero, didn't your aura realistically be much much smaller?
>>
>>53006254
Shouldn't* I'm gonna murder Android 7's dog shit texting.
>>
>>53006254
stuff you paid essence for is counted as part of your aura
So if you are in a tank and hold out your cyberarm you can be targeted through that, similarly as getting cybereyes lets you cast through them
>>
>>53006163
Having lower essence affects your ability to be affected by Health spells (I think all of them, beneficial and negative).

There's not really a need to break the established rules of the setting to allow Mundanes to get counterspelling. Sum-to-ten makes it easy enough for Burnout Builds.

>>53006254
Augmentations are eventually incorporated into your Aura
>>
>>53006254
Your aura isn't smaller, just less 'colored' (by lack of a better word) since there's less original meat to be influenced by mana.
>>
>>53006356
It's kind of bullshit imo that having a lower essence really only hinders you when it comes to magic. No benefit against attacks, but try to get healed and that's when it takes effect.
>>
>>53006356
I also didn't want it for burnouts. Just to give mundanes a chance against mages.
>>
>>53006214
Anon. What part of "Powered Fucking Armor" do you not understand? Heavy Milspec and the other milspecs are infact literally extending a good 3-6 inches from your body, because you are basically in a fucking robot.
>>
>>53006833
Not the guy, but most GMs I've played with outright ban the stuff. The hardened quality is super OP.
>>
So I posted this as the last post in the previous thread, but I think it's time to repost it:
>Alright enough talk about special snowflake pixies. What are everyone's thoughts on someone playing a Metasapient AI?
>>
File: 1351370171085.jpg (190KB, 769x981px) Image search: [Google]
1351370171085.jpg
190KB, 769x981px
>>53002514
>The intent IIRC is to make it harder for awakened to get cyber, unlike now where every powerful awakened has SOME ware
Well why wouldn't they? It's the future, tech is everywhere and it's very useful. Even back in 2e the sample Combat Mage sprang for some cybereyes. Even if tech and magic shouldn't mix people do it anyway because they can, it's useful and because this is a punk world filled with cynical and irreverent people.

Besides a non-cybered mage isn't significantly impaired in an way really. And most of the crazy bullshit augs I'v seen have all been bioware anyway.

My major beef is how much mundanes are locked out of magic. Yeah, yeah, lore and lore and all that but it seriously limits the potential of the setting.
Shadowrun is fantasy set in cyberpunk world. It has elves, serious cyberpunk setting might be able to take magic but it cannot take elves, so we are already on a fantastical ride. We might as well not pussyfoot around that aspect. Awakened can use commlinks and computers, mundanes should get a couple lesser rituals, wards, magic items and spirits. True names sort of do that but it's weird. Give mundanes some hedge-magic, unreliable, mostly based in superstitions and self-help books but still capable of taking wizards off guard now and then.
>>
>>53005995
>hard nanites that each contain a bit of FAB
>plus side: makes casting against you harder
>negative side: turning youself into a tiny mana void will make you go insane
>>
>>53007010
>ban the stuff.
powered armor?
do they ban high end shit for mages too?
Would feel kind of bad if my sammy had been saving up to buy some top tier gear and got an arbitrary ruling like that.

Not saying the stuff may not have balancing issues, but surely there has to be a compromise somewhere inbetween.
>>
>>53007077
They ban it or do the equivalent by putting some restriction on its availability.

>It's not sold, only made for military. Gotta go to a military base to get it. Only one base has it. Shocker biggest military base in the setting.
>>
>>53007010
It really isn't. It's called APDS, anon.
>>
>>53006833
And where does it say that this protects you from direct spells? Because in 5e I was unable to find anything saying that you can or can't cast mana spells on targets in FBA or equivalents
And in 4e there is this in the chapter on creating spells, specifically Range
>The caster may not target anything that is completely
>behind cover or otherwise obscured. Since the caster only needs
>to see part of the target, a Perception Test may be necessary to
>see if the caster can spot enough of the target to cast. Visibility
>modifiers apply to the Spellcasting Test. Note that full body
>armor does not “conceal” the person within and prevent them
>from being targeted.

So unless you can provide me a quote saying that you can or can't cast Direct spells on MilSpec I'll assume that this is in the realm of GM fiat and assume the SR4 ruling
>>
>>53007222
Kind of shitty.
I never DM'd and I could come up with a better solution.

>stripped down civilian exosuits used in construction could be a thing
>all the power less of the armor
>could still be able to lug heavy weapons around like any gunsammy's wet dream
>steal them from any well reasonably equipped building site

Or something like that.

Powerarmor is too cool to just ignore it.
>>
>>53007323
I don't think it's actual power armor Anon. I think it's just really strong armor.
>>
>>53007260
Unless you're rocking a bunch of luck or a assault cannon if some sort, there's not much that touches heavy milspec.
>>
>>53007277
Anon.

Your target is in something that completely blocks your LoS to their aura, which is what you need to see in order to cast a Direct spell on them.

Figure it out.
>>
>>53007451
And again, you can still see them, and the aura extends past the body.

Figure it out
>>
>>53000823
>Are you a 1337 D3CKZ0R? Or is your toaster the only High-Tech device you own?

I'm the most high tech device I own.
>>
My party has a dual-natured face (anime special snowflake fox-boy) in it that can't get past a mana barrier to talk to the people he needs to talk to. It says you can bust through a mana barrier but that seems like an even more precarious proposition as it will set everyone on edge. I don't know what to do, anyone have any advice?
>>
>>53007222
>>It's not sold, only made for military. Gotta go to a military base to get it. Only one base has it. Shocker biggest military base in the setting.

Uh i always though the milspec armor was for thing like the elite corp forces like the Red Samuria.

Fuck, seems my player just infiltrate the forge for nothing.
>>
>>53007765
>anyone have any advice?
Used Wired Reflexes 3?
>>
>>53007766
The big ten would probably have milspec.
>>
>>53007765
I believe you can dispell it somehow. Not a mage fag, not sure.
>>
>>53000823
I have a pretty okay Commlink for what I do.
>>
>>53007837
Would that alert the mage who cast it? Our GM practically refuses to learn the magic rules and I'm getting tired of having to look up and learn stuff that doesn't have to do with my character.
>>
>>53007946
GETTING AROUND
MANA BARRIERS
If you’ve got a mana barrier in your way, you’ve got a
couple options other than “give up.” You can try break-
ing through violently, or you can try passing through
subtly.
If you want to break through a mana barrier, you need
to deal with its Armor and Structure Ratings, just as you
would with any other barrier. A mana barrier has Armor
and Structure ratings equal to its Force. Break it quickly,
because they regain their full Structure at the end of ev-
ery Combat Turn. The creator of a mana barrier is instantly
aware of any attack on the barrier.

SR5 CRB p 316
>>
New player here. I made a character and played in a short game the other day and it took a really long time because the information was all over the place and the GM didn't know a lot of the rules herself. Are there any official or fanmade documents that break down the rules a bit faster so I don't have to read through 400 pages just to play the game?
>>
>>53008247
Chummer, No matter what you do, you won't get around reading a lot of shit
emphasis on "a lot" and "shit"

That said, there is help
In the OP Pastebin is a link to a mediafire and a MEGA. These contain all the books. While I'm at it:
DO NOT BUY CGL PRODUCTS
DO NOT GIVE THEM MONEY
ALL BOOKS ARE IN THE PASTEBIN OR WILL BE ADDED WITHIN NORMAL TIME SPANS

In the Mediafire 5e folder there are the Hayek Sheets (Condensed explanations for stuff like combat, decking, rigging, magic, etc.) and the Reddit Superbook that's basically the CRB without any fluff
But even then you will need to read a lot
>>
>>53000823
Which edition is better to start playing? the 4th or the 5th? One guy on the table told me that the 4th is easier. Is the 5th any good?
>>
>>53008432
4th is the min maxers edition.
>>
>>53008432
Okay, first: This is flamebait of highest quality
Second: Both have their faults and strengths. 4e has a higher power level than 5e and less restrictions. 5e has a lower power level and stuff like Limits (that limit how good you can roll).
4e matrix is atrocious (though there is the Ends of the Matrix supplement that replaces it) and the 5e is somewhat better
5e Editing is horrendous. Some rules will be given triplicate with three different texts (What attribute do you use when firing a gun while jumped in?), some will be missing completely, and some will be extremely dumb (Noizquitos). In both editions you need a TON of houserules, though more in 5e
4e gets no more supplements, 5e still does (and needs them dearly)
Most groups play 5e, but 4e groups still exist

Mostly it's a matter of preference
>>
>>53008417
Thanks for the help, mate. If you don't mind, could you tell me what horrible stuff CGL has done that would make fans of the game not want to support them? I might need to pass it on to my GM.
>>
>>53008564

No index or functional table of content.
>>
>>53008564
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=30231

tl:dr : The CEO of CGL embezzled about 850.000 dollars by not paying freelancers and other workers and instead employing the people renovating his house as "freelance writers"
Not only did he stay CEO, but he got away with only a slap on the wrist. A lot of writers left, which is why the quality of the books took a nosedive during 4e and stayed this way during 5e
>>
>>53008564
Well you can start by reading the first 20 pages of the core rulebook, you'll notice several very easily correctable grammar mistakes. They don't edit and they don't erratta. They make shit to turn a buck and they don't do any back end support. I'm sure the resident CGL loather will pepper you with some more details though.
>>
>>53008564
The top dogs in CGL embezzled money from employees to renovate their house and shit.

Pretty ironic.
>>
>>53008564
>shit editing
>zero concern for balance
>shit art
>pages and pages of Jackpointer self-fellatio instead of actual rules
>literal embezzlement

Basically, if you can read 450 pages of rulebook and STILL have to make rulings about basic shit at the table, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong
>>
>>53008538
So on the overall the 5th is better, but it's harder to learn?
>>
>>53008704
sure, for some definitions of better
as the guys above you said it is entirely possible to read the entire book multiple times and still needing to make rulings because stuff just isn't there or in places where you wouldn't have THOUGHT to look for it
>>
>>53008592
>>53008622
>>53008631
>>53008635
>>53008642
I see, I'll tell my GM and I won't buy any of their stuff. Which editions do most people play around here? Which one is considered the best? (sorry if that question starts a flamewar)
>>
>>53008803
see>>53008538
>>
>>53008803
>editions
>best
>(sorry if that question starts a flamewar)

You cheeky fucker.

In all seriousness, I run 5e, and it seems that many people in these threads do as well, with 4e in a close-ish second place. People will disagree on which edition has the better rules/crunch, but it's fairly well accepted that 4e's lore and worldbuilding is superior.
>>
>>53008803
most people play 5th edition
there's no best edition but 5th is more active so it's easier to get shit answered and talk shop
>>
Asking again, with a pretty picture this time. Which book has the list of standard gun modifications? It's got the core guns plus mods, including mods from later sourcebooks.
>>
>>53008809
>>53008840
>>53008864
Alright, thank you all for your help. I'm sure my GM will be happy about all of these cheat-sheets and rules breakdowns that you have.
>>
>>53008885
I honestly don't know what you are trying to ask there
Mods are in the CRB and in "Run and Gun"
>>
File: SR5_BookOfTheLost.jpg (830KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
SR5_BookOfTheLost.jpg
830KB, 880x1100px
What's people's opinion on the book of the lost?
>>
>>53008955
Pretty much if you have any questions, people will help you, but put in basic effort first. If you have a question, give it a google, then ask.
>>
>>53008968
I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks again.
>>
>>53008967
pretty shit.
The Deck-of-many-Things is useless (Harlequins comm-code? Who the fuck would want that)
The Commlink in it is trash
The mentor spirits are shit: "Strong womyn that needs no man" Goddess, "We don't know what it is until the relevant book comes out" Advanced Raven and "Teamwork" Lion
>>
>>53008960
But many of the mods in Run and Gun are considered to come standard with certain guns in the CRB. I know somewhere, in some book, there is a unified list that handles this. It might be a sidebar or something.
>>
My players are now in possession of pic related and I need to homebrew some rules before they start using it to commit war crimes.
So far I'm looking at
>bipod must be riveted to solid ground during use
>cannot mount a suppressor, but nests can be built to dampen it
>proprietary ammo must be reverse engineered and crafted if they want more
>requires a power cell or external source
>requires a smartlink, likely implant only

Not sure how to handle the range yet, but I can see two options
>add an increment beyond extreme with even larger penalties
>reclass the weapon and do new range increments
I'm leaning toward the former to make the ultra-long-range shots require significant time aiming to reclaim an acceptable dice pool.
>>
>>53009180
10km / (muzzle velocity of 3500 m/s) = ~3 second flight time.

So yeah, you'd have to lead the target a bit. Maybe it requires a heftier smartgun system than a normal rifle. Also:
>chemical venting leaves traces
>electromagnets need serious cooling
>acts as a flashbang to anyone within 5m of the muzzle
>no suppression - it's going 10 times the speed of sound
>requires weather data from several points along flight path

Make firing this gun a run by itself. Legwork, complications, payoff.
>>
File: gearNote.png (12KB, 634x95px) Image search: [Google]
gearNote.png
12KB, 634x95px
How's this as kind of a world-specific houserule? Do you guys think it ruins too much?
>>
>>53009180

I don't get it, isn't it just a variant Thunderstruck?
>>
>>53009577
i would have expected the knockoffs to be cheaper
>>
So
completely hypothetical question here
say you got a job, convinced the johnson to pay in advance

and then you fuck it up
completely, your faces are now on the news, covered in shit and you are now the laughing stock of the shadowrunners
your performance was so pathetic heat towards shadowrunners in general has gone down because no one can take the concept seriously anymore.
hypothetically, of course.

Would the johnson ask for the advance payment back?
>>
>>53009760
And risk being caught associating with you? I doubt it. Johnsons are capable of cutting their losses, or even going so far as to give up whatever info they have on you to another team they hired to eliminate you chummer.
>>
>>53009853
makes sense
>>
>>53009313
Thanks for that, all good ideas and
>acts as a flashbang to anyone within 5m of the muzzle
is an amazing touch.

Since it's such a low caliber round I figure it may be moving a bit more quickly. As an experiment I took the M107's muzzle energy of about 15k J and applied it to an HK 4.6x30mm round (a bit shy of 2 g) and got around 4200 m/s. That's still over 2 seconds of travel time though.

And yes I agree entirely about how much work the players are going to have to do to use this thing. And logistics are only going to get harder, once people find out there's a rifle in circulation that can be set up in Redmond and shoot into Bellevue. Can you imagine the outrage?
>>
>>53008967

It is on the mega? I couldnt find it
>>
>>53009662
Similar but with a much, much longer range and using Longarms even though it probably qualifies as a Heavy Weapon.
>>
>>53010075
I just got it from the mediafire
>>
>>53010098

ahh there i found it.
>>
Just finished my first run. Mr Johnson pitched it as a milk run. Just make a guy fall unconcious somewhen between 6-12pm in three days.

Queue three days of paranoid legwork, finding out he's a mage, wondering how that will affect us since our resident adept and only non-mundane was out, hacking his barely-used-commlink to try and predict where he's gonna be, set us up with a way to get into the gated community he lives in, use drones in offline mode to make 3d plans of his entire house.

Then at 8pm on the day I put my sniper drone in the air, fire one shot and the guy is down, the one cop car that is on our tail is easily lost and Mr. Johnson pays us.

I feel like I should be disappointed.
>>
>>53010607
>Just finished my first run. Mr Johnson pitched it as a milk run. Just make a guy fall unconcious somewhen between 6-12pm in three days.

I always wondered about this part, aside from those runs when the Johnson expect the team to fail, wouldn't the Johnson tell you all the info about the objective? Like that he is mage?
>>
>>53010652
Yeah, we got suspicious about that part as well. We managed to haggle him up a bit (with a pittance), but we in complete newbie fashion forgot to have him pay us at least part up front.

From our recon we think the mage's job was to maintain protective barriers at NeoNET locations around town, which is why Johnson needed him out of the picture. But why he didn't disclose that, I don't know.

We should probably have called him up when we found out and demanded a raise.
>>
>>53004164
>Ban the magic spell that give extra initiative passes. Either be an adept or get wired/synaptic, gotta nerf those fucking mages.

Mages with 2 maybe 2 IPs? Shit anon
>>
File: Blunt_body_reentry_shapes.png (3MB, 2472x2090px) Image search: [Google]
Blunt_body_reentry_shapes.png
3MB, 2472x2090px
>>53010004
Okay, so you have a problem here. 4200 m/s is NOT something you can approximate as a bullet. Anything going 4200 m/s in atmo is closer to a re-entering spacecraft than anything else. Let's pull some choice phrases from the wikipedia page on hypersonic speeds:

>Thermal control becomes a dominant design consideration
>Chemically reacting flow can also cause corrosion
>free-atomic oxygen featuring in very high-speed flows

Essentially, the air directly around the bullet will be behaving so radically different from normal air that it would be foolish to treat it as such. You can expect temperatures well in excess of 1400 K on the surface of the round. I say 'well in excess' because of a funny little thing that NASA found when they were developing heat shields for the Mercury program. The higher the drag of a hypersonic object, the more air builds up in front of it. This "cushion" of air keeps the shockwave of compressed air ahead of the object itself, reducing surface temps. More drag = cooler object.

Now imagine a bullet. It's going to be traveling so fucking fast, and it's going to be right up against that shock wave. You essentially have two options: make your bullet out of tungsten or something similar or have it disintegrate into slag from the sheer heat of the air around it.
>>
>>53011616
Not that guy, but I see the point. If those spells exist, with the way combat is, you'd be stupid not to take them. Choices aren't interesting if everyone takes them. I feel like cranking initative up should be an adept/sammy thing. Mages get plenty already.
>>
>>53011915
So the bullet turns molten like a shaped charge liner or self-forging penetrator? Interesting.
>>
File: efp.jpg (150KB, 920x560px) Image search: [Google]
efp.jpg
150KB, 920x560px
>>53012215
NO

nonono

Those are carefully shaped pieces of metal being re-shaped by an evenly applied force, while being heating to the point where they are malleable. Check the picture - the disk never melts, and it's probably entirely solid by the time it impacts.

What we're talking about is a bullet trying to travel through miles of air while being heated past its *melting* point. Think throwing a handful of water at 500mph. I don't know what the hell would actually happen, but I can guess.

As the bullet heats up, the outer layer begins to slough away into the airstream. This would act as a crude ablative heat-shield, since the mass subtracted from the bullet takes thermal energy with it. The molten metal is whipped off by the air and quickly solidifies. The smaller pieces of metal lack the momentum to do anything, but the larger droplets impact at terminal velocity along the bullet's flight path.

The bullet (unless designed with ablation in mind) is now horribly off-target, and rapidly losing mass. If I had to handwave it, I would say it impacts at 2500 m/s with anywhere from 20-40% of its mass left. Traveling supersonic while over 1000 degrees Celsius, it simeltaneously penetrates and ignites the target. Cast off pieces impact within .1 sec of the main round, filling the air with shrapnel traveling several hundred meters per second.

The sonic boom can be heard for multiple miles, and the air around the flight path reeks of ozone. Everyone at either end of the bullet's trajectory is temporarily blinded and deafened. Knight Errants anti-missile defenses defenitely picked up something, trideo of the "Seattle Shooting Star" is already online, and it's time to haul ass out of your sniper's nest and into hiding for a very, very long time.

But hey, whoever you shot is pretty fucking dead.
>>
>>53012509
So the bullet is definitely made of tungsten, or at least has a tungsten core between conductive sabots.

Sounds like the chummers are gonna need some serious engineering to make more rounds, and anyone wanting to hunt them down that has a little bit of info on the subject is gonna know to look for tungsten purchases or thefts.
>>
>>53012726
Hmmmm I don't get where you're going with the sabot idea. Sabots are discarded at the muzzle and are used to keep non-circular projectiles in the center of the barrel while traveling down it - which is a non-issue in a railgun. If you meant a conductive coating, then yeah, that's viable. Anything to keep the bullet in one piece.

>are gonna need some serious engineering
Definitely. And some advanced materials synthesis.

>gonna know to look for tungsten purchases or thefts
Okay, I think you missed the overall point of the last post. Firing this weapon would be an international incident. Your chummers would be in so much shit if they fired this thing more than once. This is a weapon that substantially alters the atmosphere it fires through. Just try to imagine that - a sniper rifle, that when fired, plays havoc with local weather sensors. If KE is even reasonably competent, they should be waiting for another shot and will have satellite footage of the flight path within seconds. Fuck, a sensitive enough seismograph may pick this thing up. With the proliferation of all sorts of sensors in the Sixth World, law enforcement should have no problem finding exactly where that shot came from.
>>
>>53012951
Sabot allows the projectile to be shaped however it needs to in order to survive hypersonic flight was what I was getting at. As well as reducing the amount of tungsten required per round.
>>
File: BCoeff.png (21KB, 524x275px) Image search: [Google]
BCoeff.png
21KB, 524x275px
>>53013087
>projectile to be shaped however it needs to in order to survive hypersonic flight

Here's your problem, and we're approaching the reason that hypersonic small arms aren't a thing - the math doesn't support it at all. I attached a picture of the basic formula for the Ballistic Coefficient. The higher the BC of a round is, the more accurate it is, generally. If you look at that formula, you'll see something we've talked about before: the Drag Coefficient.

This is where physics bites us in the hoop. The DC is on the bottom, meaning the less drag you have, the more stability your bullet has. Unfotunately, as established earlier, the less drag you have, the more heating you have. A projectile shaped to survive hypersonic flight will not be ballistically accurate, and vice versa. Looking through some common sniper rifle rounds, I would say 3000 m/s is your upper limit. Make the bullet bigger and denser, not faster. It'll hurt more anyway.

To keep somewhat on topic, what damage code are you thinking for this think? I'm thinking 25P minimum.
>>
>>53011915
>4200 m/s is NOT something you can approximate as a bullet.
Yeeep I was wondering if it was leaving ballistic territory at that speed. On the one hand, I'd love to see them actually use the thing, but your assessment of the consequences here >>53012509 is spot on and I think the players are going to want to shoot it more than once. They're already talking about test firing it.

>>53012951
>>are gonna need some serious engineering
>Definitely. And some advanced materials synthesis.
Funny you guys should mention that, the rigger's flush with hardware and industrial engineering know how and the face dropped out part way through a chemical engineering ph.d to make and sell drugs.
They're probably qualified if they can source the materials and equipment.

>>53013369
>damage code
Even 20P with a modest AP would give it a decent shot at downing an attack helicopter in one go. I think you're right about aiming higher with it though, as has been demonstrated, this thing's beastly even at velocities that don't replicate a Thor shot.
>>
In honor of May First and the antifa and anarachists rioting on the streets. How far can corps get away with riot control since megas hate anarchists?

Say if a hardliner anti anarchy mega decides to pay Omega Dawn or some pro corp security force to kill as many anarchists in a riot with nuyen bounties for x scalps.
>>
>>53010075
Pretty sure it's on the Mega - I generally upload to both at the same time, upload speeds not withstanding.
>>
>>53014678
It depends on where the riot's happening. If it's on non-corp land, the government of that land might ask for some token pay since things will get a little out of hand, and probably (unoffically) ask for the corp to make sure that most of the damage is seen as having happened to deserving targets.

If it's on the corp's own land, basically as far as they feel like making excuses for.
>>
>>53007451
>literally provided with a quote about how full body armour doesn't shield your aura
>still insists on being wrong
>>
>>53007691
Johnny, start the partyvan, we've got a toasterlover.
>>
>>53008967
I like that they are suggesting that a move back to a Shadowland-style BBS, instead of Jackpoint supper sekrit klubhouse, is possible.

Also it may be the first time in two editions that the Canadian part of the UCAS shows up in the fluff. Granted, it's Sudbury, but still it's nice to see.
>>
>>53015263
>Full body armor
>The same thing as Heavy Milspec, which is Power Armor, aka a Robotic Fucking Vehicle-Suit
>>
>>53009577
It doesn't ruin anything. It's stated that almost everything listed is one corp's offering of several near-identical products from different megas (all those runs to steal blueprints do something), and it's explicit with a lot of stuff like vehicles. Makes Brand Loyalty a cheese quality, IMO, so your houserule is good if there's a player with that, but otherwise unnecessary.
>>
>>53015419
Just accept the rules are fucked in SR, and that heavy milspec users are still vulnerable to magic for game balance reasons and so that Great Dragons can still feel important.

And know that you'd be kicked from 95% of tables if you tried this ruleslawyer bullshit with the feeble evidence you've presented.

I dislike mages as much as anyone else, but you're going into bait territory.
>>
>>53010652
Any professional would find out fast he's a mage, especially if >>53010806 he works for NeoNet as a wagmage. Johnson isn't there to spoonfeed you, if you couldn't learn that about your target he knows he picked the wrong team.

It's in his best interest to keep mum on as many details as possible, because what seems vital to him might reveal his employer (or st least where Johnson is getting his info) to you, and what is vital to you might just be trivia to him because he doesn't know your specific strategies.
>>
>>53009033
>Harlequins commcode? Who the fuck would want that

Any decker worth his salt, omae.

You saying you don't want to spam Harlequin with hard-core gay scat snuff Dzoo-Noo-Qua porn?
>>
File: MultipleTowelGuy.jpg (29KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
MultipleTowelGuy.jpg
29KB, 426x341px
>hook up with smokin troll gal
>been on a few dates, shes a tease
>last night over coffee she told me she looked forward to taking our relationship "to the next level"
>says she just KNOWS I'm hung "like a troll"
>mfw 5 inches

Help me chummers. How much is one of those troll size cybercocks? I spent my last payday on my new deck.
>>
>>53015732
She is teasing you, omae. Most trolls, despite their size, are not...proportionate below the belt. Unless she is a size queen, dont bother shelling out for the Kromag The Barbarian package. Trolls can have perfectly satisfying relations with most metahuman races. Just watch out for the bone spurs unless she files them down. And put some rubber tips on her horns if she doesnt keep them trimmed. Nothing puts the kaputs on an intimate moment like getting accidentally gored (or her putting holes in your sheets and scratching up your headboard/wall).
>>
>>53016040
underrated post
>>
Wait a minute.

Can't Melee Weapons use Chameleon Coating?
>>
>>53016093
Pro:
Enemies can't see your weapon so less chance for defense
Cons:
You can't see your weapon. Hope you have a beacon on it
>>
>>53006833
>>53007277

The armor does not have an astral presence, and would not interfere in any way with the astral accessibility of the person, unless it's lined with some special metal that does that.

Direct spells are cast OVER the astral plane, they don't even travel in meatspace. Indirect spells are on physical vectors; You need to see the physical form you're attacking, and the spell hits them physically, after travelling the distance from you to them.
>>
>>53016171
Anon, you're holding it.

>>53016181
You cannot see through objects in the Astral.

Heavy Milspec and the like are objects that are large enough that the persons aura will not penetrate it.

Therefore, Heavy Milspec and similar types of armor/material block line of sight for Direct Spells.
>>
>>53016198
Where is it stated that you can't see Astral signatures through physical objects on the Astral Plane?
>>
>>53016284
Objects that are neither magical nor living do not have
an aura; they are featureless grey shadows of their phys-
ical form. They can, however, pick up impressions for a
limited time from being in contact with living auras. A
teddy bear in the Barrens might pick up a child’s fear, a
wedding ring its owner’s sense of love and joy, or a mur-
der weapon an aura of rage. These impressions are vague
and fleeting, but you don’t need to assense the object to
get them. Note that it’s the object that picks up the im-
pression—a trid display used at an oppressive desk job
would give the sense of stress, even if it was displaying
a love note.

>Featureless and grey shadows of their physical form
Gee boss, I dunno, probably the fucking line where it tells you that they still exist on the astral just in 1920s color.
>>
>>53016284
I dont remember the exact page but its in the section regarding astral perception. Solid objects show up like bland, featureless forms. Like an untextured 3d sprite. Even windows and mirrors would look like a wall to a mage looking at it astrally. Unless something leaves an astral signature strong and large enough to taint a whole area, its unlikely you will see it through solid objects.
>>
>>53016363
Gee boss, maybe I missed that single paragraph of very important world information. What book was it even in?

>>53016372
Thanks for the follow-up, anon. That helps clarify what the place is actually like.

Would either of you know how interacting with walls and doors works? Could you open their Astral counterparts, are they dead-end walls, or can you just pass through without a fuck given?

It's implied that walls mean nothing aside from visual barriers, when Astral travel is discussed, stating that the only threat to someone when astrally projecting at incredibly high speeds is smashing your face into a mana barrier. Not a word about needing to first step out of your apartment and go down the stairs to start flying around once you're out the front door and you've reached the astral curb.
>>
>>53016198
You're holding it until you're not. Then you're all 'where's my sword! Where's my sword!?' because you rolled a critical glitch and your GM decides you dropped it.

>They can, however, pick up impressions for a
limited time from being in contact with living auras.

Which means an armor in which someone has literally been training in, or has been in a life or death situation in, has a fucking aura while they wear it. Even longer if their emotions were strong enough.

It's like you only read the parts that support your argument.
>>
>>53016472
>What book is it even in
Nigger are you fucking serious

What, did you just think mages could fucking wallhack people from infinite distance with any Direct spell?

Jesus.
>>
>>53016489
No, but shit you're wearing picks up an aura from you according to the same damn text that was just posted.

Deal with being wrong omae. You still gotta geek the mage first.
>>
>>53016489
Yikes, someone needs a fucking nap.

No, anon, I didn't think mages could wallhack people with Direct spells, though that is possible with certain rituals. No need to be a prick.

And with what >>53016508 is mentioning, I doubt most mages could make any sort of sound connection there for the purpose of spell targeting, unless the thing is absolutely saturated with your aura only. I don't think enough information would stay on it for that to present much of a threat at all.
>>
>>53016552
that piece of text exists for the specific purpose of making sure that armor doesn't make you completely untargetable by spells
>>
>>53016570
It's not completely untargetable, it's untargetable by DIRECT spells, which means someone in Milspec Armor(Rare as hell, incredibly goddamn illegal, and makes you slow as fuck) won't just be Control Actions'ed the first time a mage comes within visual range of them and proceed to violate their teams asshole wiiiide open.
>>
>>53016582
yes but that's still exactly what that passage is telling you armor does not protect you from
>>
>>53016570
It doesn't seem concrete enough to me to provide an actual conduit or link to the person inside. At the most, it would have a lingering "scent" of combat. Exhilaration, fear, pain, etc.

It feels like it would hardly be a lock of hair or a tooth as far as casting a direct spell on the person would go.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>53015602
Honestly, attempting to troll Harlequin just seems like the kind of thing that will end with your vintage comics pulled open from their protective sheaths and covered in jolt cola while he bangs your mum.
>>53006214
Historically, the aura extends for inches outside the body and any worn armour. I think it's just become one of those known facts that they don't bother putting in the book anymore because Hardy is fucking incompetent at ruling his herd.
>>53016472
Astral Perception section of the core book, page 313.
>>53016093
Technically no, Chameleon Coating requires a Side mount.
>>
>>53016606
it's just the actual aura from your body which extends a distance past you. If you weren't able to cast through armor, you also wouldn't be able to cast through a burqa or whatever. Maybe if there was something like the armor suits from GitS SAC since those are so much larger than a person, but milspec armor is more powered personal armor, and it's basically been the same since Fields of Fire came out in 1st or 2nd ed.
>>
>>53016625
man, I just wish that the rules for how spellcasting works were still clearly-defined like they were in the early editions. Granted those rules were broken early and often, but knowing the specific way a spell travels through the astral is useful sometimes.
>>
File: 1493045508594.jpg (554KB, 704x792px) Image search: [Google]
1493045508594.jpg
554KB, 704x792px
>>53000823
Anyone got some good matrix persona art?
>>
File: bad.png (3MB, 1200x1143px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
3MB, 1200x1143px
>>53016625
Much appreciated on every point, Yekka. Apparently I completely forgot like 90% of the Astral Perception section since I last used it. It's all right there.

>>53016645
Yeah, since the aura extends around your body by a factor of inches, most things would still have it bleeding out, aside from very thick armor or a cockpit of some sort.

As for the size of Heavy Mil-Spec, the terrible fucking concept art for it in 5th edition shows it as a bulky pile of mistakes. That iteration, at least, might obscure your aura enough to meet what the angry anon's going for.

Pic related, it's a terrible design.
>>
File: bad.jpg (40KB, 422x648px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
40KB, 422x648px
>>53016713
Oh for fuck's sake, I searched in the wrong folder. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>53016713
i mostly ignore the art from 4e and 5e whenever rules might get involved, because those are the main "artists were poorly-paid interns prone to misinterpreting items" editions. Like that one thing from This Old Drone that went from a cargo drone to being the size of a C-130 when they redid the art for it.
>>
File: fighter_4[1].jpg (282KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
fighter_4[1].jpg
282KB, 1100x619px
What's the best way for a rigger to get his hands on a chopper, chums? It seems that the only point in time a runner will ever have the cash for one is at chargen, and they'll have to seriously gimp themselves to afford everything else they'd need to run with.
>>
File: Time to break it down.jpg (142KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
Time to break it down.jpg
142KB, 736x981px
Redpill me on decking. It's the only thing I'm not clear on (aside from Technomancers but nobody really talks about them).
If I'm hanging out the back doing my hacking thing while my team's in the thick of it, what sorts of crazy shit can I pull off to show off and help them out? Because isn't that why we're all here? For style points?
>>
>>53017373
If you're at a distance, you're kinda limited to messing with enemy gear and unprotected misc. stuff. In the first case, you want to get them to shut off their wireless connection so that you're gimping them.

In the second, you are limited by what you have to work with; sometimes that's great (run the other guys over with a car), sometimes it's okay (messing with lights), and sometimes it's probably better to just spray Suppressive Fire or Enhanced Suppressive Fire down the way.

Now if you're up close, get a direct connection to something connected to the Host. Get one mark, get in the Host.

Boom, now you're directly connected to everything in the Host. So then you can start to hack things, but it's best to find some mid-level maintenance or security guy's commlink or work station. Get a mark on it, and use Spoof Command to get stuff done faster.

That's the short, generic version of what you can do. More specific stuff depends on the run and what your goal is.
>>
>>53017367
Stealing a helicopter could be a run, but there's general issues with owning a helicopter, like "everyone loses their shit if you fly a vehicle around an urban area without an approved flightplan and other assorted paperwork"
>>
>>53017408
>Now if you're up close, get a direct connection to something connected to the Host. Get one mark, get in the Host.

Isn't that a bit safe? I thought you left your meat body behind when you're hacking. If you're using VR, anyway.
Admittedly my only experience with the Matrix comes from vehicle rigging, which is mostly 'jump into VR, become vehicle, begin vehicular manslaughter'.
>>
>>53017464
Unless you're good at building or willing to be a juicer, a decker will need to make some choices as to when to be in AR and when to be in VR.

Sometimes you need to be in AR, using your meat pools minus two and meat initiative because there's important stuff in meatspace. And if you can get direct connections, then the penalty generally won't matter because most things are going to lose more dice than you are by being stealthy and in AR. (Or if it's a situation where you can be unstealthy in AR, then you start laughing at most targets.)

Sometimes you get get into hot-sim VR, enjoy your meat pools and better than meat initiative.

I'd put knowing when to be in AR vs when to be in VR as the second most important skill. First is knowing how to choose and use your programs, modules, and other modifications. Third is knowing when you can eat the defense bonuses and when you want to directly connect. Of course, if you have a Techno teammate, then you can choose to eat the defense bonuses more often, at least if you have the skills to still succeed.
>>
File: 1480177964320.jpg (302KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480177964320.jpg
302KB, 1500x1000px
>>53016691
Seconding anon's request
>>
File: 1453887796262.jpg (631KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453887796262.jpg
631KB, 1920x1200px
>>53018102
I'll dump what I have
1/??
>>
File: 1453888785893.jpg (280KB, 700x951px) Image search: [Google]
1453888785893.jpg
280KB, 700x951px
>>53018180
2/??
>>
File: Y1net-celebrity-art.png (353KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Y1net-celebrity-art.png
353KB, 600x300px
>>53016691
>>53018102
Netrunner is generally pretty good for this sorta art.
>>
File: 1467249845228.jpg (351KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467249845228.jpg
351KB, 1024x768px
>>53018189
3/??
Don't seem to have that many pics of personas
>>
File: 1467937328561.png (2MB, 897x632px) Image search: [Google]
1467937328561.png
2MB, 897x632px
>>53018273
4/??
>>
File: 1471184403539.jpg (559KB, 1024x926px) Image search: [Google]
1471184403539.jpg
559KB, 1024x926px
>>53018298
5/
>>
File: 1471193453582.png (373KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1471193453582.png
373KB, 500x619px
>>53018332
6/
you can also use most other pictures and just say that that's your persona
>>
File: 1471920104453.jpg (229KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
1471920104453.jpg
229KB, 1024x663px
>>53018344
7/
As seen here
>>
File: 1473338989862.jpg (776KB, 805x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473338989862.jpg
776KB, 805x1080px
>>53018362
8/
or here
>>
>>53015531
There's milspec armour, and then there's heavy shit like the Iron Will, which is counted as a vehicle for purposes like aura assensing.
>>
File: 1474728137687.jpg (468KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1474728137687.jpg
468KB, 800x587px
>>53018389
9/
which is why I'm posting pictures that might have been intended to be pictures of personae
>>
File: 1475026574279.png (1MB, 1280x1978px) Image search: [Google]
1475026574279.png
1MB, 1280x1978px
>>53018427
10/
>>
>>53016748
My least favourite was the Evo Orderly going from a 2-1b style medical droid to a drone wheelchair.
>>
File: 1479169315352.jpg (109KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
1479169315352.jpg
109KB, 600x742px
>>53018449
11/
>>
File: 1479696986548.jpg (614KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479696986548.jpg
614KB, 857x1200px
>>53018487
12/
>>
File: 1483428192862.jpg (69KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483428192862.jpg
69KB, 1000x1000px
>>53018492
13/
>>
File: 1484218649383.gif (530KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484218649383.gif
530KB, 500x500px
>>53018506
14/
>>
File: 1484220212822.jpg (299KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
1484220212822.jpg
299KB, 1152x864px
>>53018519
15/
>>
Some of these pics have me imagining a computer illiterate person (or person with Gremlins 3+) applying that look, but only partially.

Like 14 or 15, and it's only the face and 'hair' with the rest of the body looking like whatever the basic persona for the commlink was.
>>
File: 1486105706733.png (459KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486105706733.png
459KB, 1024x1024px
>>53018524
16/
>>
File: 1486340749610.jpg (222KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1486340749610.jpg
222KB, 500x744px
>>53018558
17/
>>
Am I the only one who thinks magic and technology should really come together more often and more calamitously?
I mean, cyber zombies are a good start and all, but where are my rune-engines emitting 64 billion megachants per second tearing a california sized hole in reality to the dimension of zod?

I feel that extreme technomagical bullshit cascades are an under-utilized idea in shadowrun. Especially with all the less than moral corporations running around.
>>
File: 1487256688724.gif (735KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
1487256688724.gif
735KB, 400x220px
>>53018566
18/
>>
File: 1487379367468.jpg (100KB, 305x394px) Image search: [Google]
1487379367468.jpg
100KB, 305x394px
>>53018593
19/
>>53018583
remember that magic has a cycle of 5400 years and that the current cycle began about 50 years ago. Combine that with the fact that machines can't manipulate magic and you have a situation where magic is pretty rare. If we wait a few centuries the mana levels should be high enough to make most of the population magically active (ala Earthdawn) and then we can maybe think about magical machines
>>
File: 1487499016720.jpg (1MB, 909x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1487499016720.jpg
1MB, 909x1358px
>>53018610
20/
>>
File: 1487779995089.jpg (398KB, 1000x1679px) Image search: [Google]
1487779995089.jpg
398KB, 1000x1679px
>>53018615
21/
>>
>>53018583
>>53018610

Alternatively, some Tremendous Asshole [tm, (c), pat. pend.], gets ahold of the Dragonheart, does enough sacrificing to jump one area's mana levels to "VERJIGORM's getting hongry hombre" and finds out that there were a few errors and impurities in the Mammon Machine and now lots of people have to deal with the fallout.

Including your runners.
>>
>>53018632
I love everything you just said.
Especially the mammon machine having inevitable errors and problems.

And then the entire system is hijacked by lavos. I mean horrors. I mean bug spirits.
>>
File: 1493065405181.jpg (365KB, 1164x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493065405181.jpg
365KB, 1164x1920px
>>53018624
22/22
that's it chummers
hope you liked it
>>
>>53018692
You mean horrors. The buggies are unrelated-ish. And also popcorn for the more developed horrors.

Although if you really wanted to make it a clusterfuck, have it be Cthulu-Lavos because some asshole brought the repaired first folio Al Azif there, the horrors because of Mana Level Yes, and the bugs because there was a hidden hive nearby.

If not for the horrors, it'd be a question of how the runners die. With the horrors it can be if, or if it sticks.
>>
>>53018790
This sounds more and more like we are just setting up some kind of EDF game.
>>
>>53015732

Just use your matrix search action for fisting.
>>
>>53018790
>The buggies are unrelated-ish
ehh, to paraphrase one chummer: There is a gap between the deep metaplanes and our world. More mana means the gap gets smaller
Insect spirits are like kenyans: They run fast and can jump over the chasm. But once they are over here they aren't much of a threat
Horrors are like americans: They need to wait until a bridge was built so that they can drive over with their scooters. But once they are here they are a big threat
>>
>>53015602
>You saying you don't want to spam Harlequin with hard-core gay scat snuff Dzoo-Noo-Qua porn?

Why would you want to do his usual porn search for him, make him work for it
>>
>>53016684
>man, I just wish that the rules for how spellcasting works were still clearly-defined like they were in the early editions.

>man, I just wish that the rules for how decking works were clearly-defined

>man, I just wish that the rules for how chase works were clearly-defined

>man, I just wish that the rules were clearly-defined
>>
>>53015732
Questions posted in an in character style manner make me think.
Would your GM let you use /srg/ as an IC resource, provided you got IC answers for your questions? Or is this way too meta?
>>
>>53018859
>Would your GM let you use /srg/ as an IC resource, provided you got IC answers for your questions? Or is this way too meta?

I did, one of of my player once asked on TG where to take his date to. An anon said he was a urban brawl player and would give him tickets, and we roll with it. Even made him a contact "Dennis the urban brawl player"
>>
>>53018809
Anything's possible when you get one of the most powerful artifacts around and use it for almost the exact opposite purpose as the last time it was used.

>>53018827
I meant more in the sense that the bugs aren't a kind of horror, even if there's probably more than a few weak or barely intelligent horrors that could be confused for a bug in the sixth age.

>>53018853
I feel like anyone that's said the first one's just not reading too well. But I admit to enough background that I'm definitely not the best judge of it, aside from some things that should have been better re: exceptions to the general rules.

The second one, though. That one's about as good as it's ever been.

And I either understood the chase rules, or so misunderstood it that I think I do.
>>
>>53018859
sure, just like 2D had 4chan I also have it
But I don't know how to do it exactly: Ask a question and based on how you worded it it gets more or less accurate answers? Roll a CHA+Negotiation Test against a fixed threshold? Only CHA?
>>
>>53018859
I'd let it go with Cha+floor(Negotiation , Relevant Knowledge skill).

Assuming that it's not an outrageous question or somehow impacted by a flaw, Negotiation Knowledge Skill always applies.
>>
>>53018920
>The second one, though. That one's about as good as it's ever been.
There's improvement in the written matrix rules, but the technical detail -the matrix setting that underpins those rules- is more handwavey and ill-conceived than ever.
>>
>>53019027
Point, but speaking as if you were the guy with the list of man, I wishes, then you worded it wrong.

This does make me wonder. If we were to actually get more defined rules for making things, where do you think it'd lie on a spectrum with early deck making where you spent more for way less (but the setting stuff said if you didn't you were at best, a shit) on one end and 3e's gun making where you could have a gun that hid like the Streetline, hit like a shotgun, fired like an automatic, and held like machine gun?

I'd say it'd probably hit closer to early decks, with one or two major points of wonk, and lots of lesser ones.
>>
>>53019091
>Point, but speaking as if you were the guy with the list of man, I wishes, then you worded it wrong.
Sorry, I forgot to say I just jumped in randomly to point that out.

>where do you think it'd lie on a spectrum with early deck making where you spent more for way less (but the setting stuff said if you didn't you were at best, a shit) on one end and 3e's gun making where you could have a gun that hid like the Streetline, hit like a shotgun, fired like an automatic, and held like machine gun?
I've said this before, but given the utter inability for CGL to provide decent balance, innovative gear ideas, etc ... they might as well go all out on gear porn that you can finagle into creating the streetline automatic shotgun at high cost / availability / crafting difficulty.

Just as long as they don't let the ass-chunk AI PC writer do any more rules where the complexity is purely in service of getting anyone who is interested to fuck off / most GMs to veto AI PCs because they're too much hard work.

5e has some very wonky electronics rules, though, with things like the stealth tag hacking device & drone form factor commlink dongle-swapper to severely undercut the price of decks.
>>
File: 1365641250955.jpg (1MB, 976x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1365641250955.jpg
1MB, 976x1352px
>>53016691
What are the limitations and s tuff on ones matrix persona? I was thinking what my runners would be, they arent a decker, does that mean they cant have a terribly fancy one? Or is it like second life in that you could pay someone who isnt shit to code you up a real nice one?
>>
>>53019227
I figured you did. But I'm a little tired and wanted to do the least rewriting that I could.

And after reading through the AI rules several times, I've started to have a perverse liking for AIs. In part beause of how little thought went into things like, say, how Exceptional Entity makes several Advanced Programs worthless if you get your Depth up. Or if that was unintended, then you can somehow make programs with a rating over 6 assuming a situation where you can both be a Pilot Origin AI and an Exceptional AI. It would make Pilot Origin far stronger with being able to buy skills at ratings of 6+ for 5 karma (but it takes up a slot), but it's such an edge case that it's not that much more useful than being able to buy an autosoft-able skill at 6 for 5 karma, again because of slots.

And the tag hacking device is because they were lazy about making those mods available to everything. I feel like the drone-swapper is at least a bit better balanced based on not having programs available for you and that you will, many times, want both a Stealth and an Attack attribute.
>>
>>53019321
>Or is it like second life in that you could pay someone who isn't shit to code you up a real nice one?

It's actually reflected by your comlink's rating (and how expensive it is). The better the comlink, the fancier the persona.
>>
>>53019321
It's closer to the Second Life thing, with the caveat that many, many companies would be more than willing to give away new icons (and thus personae) as a freebie for something else.

But if you want to break the rules on how Personae can look, you'd need Wrapper, and thus need either some skill, some contacts, or just some nuyen.
>>
File: wLIH6gZ.jpg (146KB, 774x1033px) Image search: [Google]
wLIH6gZ.jpg
146KB, 774x1033px
>>53019341
Alright, Its just a Novatech Airware so I'm probably not looking at too many special effects. Cheers chummer.
>>53019360
I imagined it would be something like that. I don't think my runner would put that much effort into it, So something basic will do. Thanks.
Have a Sam
>>
>>53019379
If your fixer's fees are reasonable (or percentage based), try ordering a few custom icons through your fixer.

Or a low rating artist contact.
>>
Pink mohawk game about a group of SURGE mutant orphan kids trying to get by.
A focus on low-tier heists, minor crimes, get rich quick schemes, and refurbishing the abandoned ol' distillery into a clubhouse that can keep the hobos out.

Is this a thing that could be run successfully?
>>
>>53019642
Sure.

Word of advice: use the Street-Scum chargen rules from the back of the core rulebook and not the Street Level from the front; the latter are terrible.
>>
>>53019642
That sounds like a pretty solid and cool foundation for a quick 'n' comfy campaign, chummer. I'm all for it.
I am biased though. I'm starting to develop a love for freaks.

>tfw you're a lone satyr in a group of normie humans and an elf
>>
File: tumblr_mtazolTWOX1ql5c0ko1_1280.png (783KB, 702x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtazolTWOX1ql5c0ko1_1280.png
783KB, 702x1500px
>>53019227
99% sure that it was Aaron Pavao based on previous shenanigans, but I don't have a sneaky source on who wrote what terrible rules aside from stalking the few freelancers that still have a public Shadowrun presence anymore.
I know Wakshaani's all proud about the new blood magic in the next book, so that's going to be amusingly broken.
>>53019321
The Johnny Spinrad commlink comes with a personally designed persona by one of the premiere Matrix sculptors. I have a vague recollection that it's a service you could buy in 4e's Unwired as well for some arbitrary amount of nuyen.
>>53019642
It's doable, would require getting everyone onboard and on the same level of optimisation for what you want, or you may have to do some narrative finagling to justify how some street kids can have similar capabilities to adult soldiers and such. Also, ignore the fuck out of Street Level. It is awful and will just leave you with 3 mages and an adept.
>>
>>53019642
It can, but the GM needs to have a good sense of the odds and how to tune enemy tactics.

And everyone in the group wants some Edge or a stock of 5 karma.
>>
>>53019743
>>53019724
>>53019715
>>53019699
Encouraging and worrying.

Any further tips for the authentic street urchin experience?
Where do I go to listen to a lot of criminal british children talking about things so I can steal the accent?
>>
What kind of games does your shadowrunner play for fun?
Do they play TCGs? That one AR MMO? Bloodbowl? Fantasy Street Brawl? Chess?
>>
>>53019866
Robot Wars.
>>
>>53019341
Those are good, but they're just the default icons. Creating your own custom icons is fairly simple, though result scales with skill.
>>
>>53019724
>99% sure that it was Aaron Pavao based on previous shenanigans, but I don't have a sneaky source on who wrote what terrible rules aside from stalking the few freelancers that still have a public Shadowrun presence anymore.
I heard it was Patrick Goodman, but yeah; just e-stalking, gossip, and rumour.
>>
>>53019786
Oliver Twist? Lock Stock 'n' Two Smoking Barrels?
>>
>>53019786

The Scheme is a scottish documentary of some low class families in Scotland.

https://youtu.be/gMtzJXyCWzY
>>
3rd edition is best edition
>>
File: Chase.jpg (80KB, 525x812px) Image search: [Google]
Chase.jpg
80KB, 525x812px
Vehicle rigger here. Looking to get into drones and the like. Any fellow riggers be able to recommend me some good starting drones/tips?
I already got my RCC, so that's sorted.
>>
>>53020782
If you're not going to try and either make a bike into a combat drone or a more normal one into an armored asshole, just get cheap flying drones and do only minor mods to them.

Like a weapon that can do auto-fire and perhaps a sensor upgrade for one sensor to do your active sensor attacks with.

Have two of your drones use their combat autosoft to do regular or Enhanced Suppressive Fire. Have he other two drones do an Active Sensor attack if their first strike with the Suppressive Fire penalty still doesn't' have a good chance of hitting.

Also consider the Swarm program.
>>
File: Best bot.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best bot.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>53020837
>make a bike into a combat drone

Now I'm intrigued.

>or a more normal one into an armored asshole

I have considered and do want pic related, the problem is that it'll be a big investment and I hear investing into one big fuck off drone can be a bad idea if they get fragged/bricked.
>>
>>53020874
Okay, so the Harley-Davidson Scorpion is a bit expensive, but it can be made into a nice combat drone. It's got the room to be turned into a walker, any mounted weapons have a base 8 RC, you can give it enough special armor to basically laugh at a few kinds of elemental damage or just throw on four more points of obvious armor.

My recomendation for armor is to get as close to rating 9 on Nonconductivity and Universal Mirror Material as you can afford, and two extra obvious armor, at least until you can afford a
better Pilot for the thing. 9 Matrix Boxes and 1+Firewall soak makes it very frail in the matrix because it's comparing to 16 Physical Boxes and 8+11 soak in meatspace.
Plus you're almost spoiled for choice as to how to give it weapons. Lots of little ones, a few standards, one tricked out heavy and a few smaller ones. There's plenty of choices to go with that 8RC base.

In short, it's a surprisingly good chassis especially if you can protect it with the full 18 Noise and +9 Armor from Electric.
>>
File: Sketch22105339.png (799KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch22105339.png
799KB, 720x1280px
Just finished a drawing of my latest character. ^^ Grimm, a formerly hyper corrupt cop turned shadowrunner.
>>
>>53022084
>key tattoo on finger
What was she imprisoned for, anon?
>>
>>53022157
Dealing with the Russian Mafia as an undercover agent.... who took her job way too seriously and was all too happy to have access to the most fun vices.... as well as being allowed to indulge in her thirst for violence too... So yea, quite a few things.
>>
File: CounterWeight Lazer Ted.gif (866KB, 216x136px) Image search: [Google]
CounterWeight Lazer Ted.gif
866KB, 216x136px
>>53018487
Great show.
>>
File: 1485042244841.jpg (449KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485042244841.jpg
449KB, 532x800px
>>53018697
Ya done good, kid
>>
File: Surge Gang Takes To Hooding.jpg (177KB, 639x564px) Image search: [Google]
Surge Gang Takes To Hooding.jpg
177KB, 639x564px
>>53019642
>>
>>53020782
Swarm can range from very useful, rules as intended, to incredibly abuseable. Do the latter on your own risk.

Try to stick to only a handful couple of drone types, as each of them is competing for program space on your RCC. Rotodrones with AKs and flying eyes are what I use.

Don't forget that you can use them offline. Just give them a pretty straightforward mission (like recon an area) and send them in with clearsight and stealth, without having to worry about some decker discovering the drones.
>>
Anyone got some homebrew gangs lying around?
>>
File: Brooklyn Gangs 1974.jpg (245KB, 628x757px) Image search: [Google]
Brooklyn Gangs 1974.jpg
245KB, 628x757px
>>53023372
>>
>>53023440
>homoside laws
hey, we found the gang OP's in
>>
On the topic of deckers and drones, what's the best way to protect drones in the Matrix? In the last run I ran, the decker fragged the badguys' drone in one hit.
>>
File: Happy little trees too.jpg (180KB, 1232x500px) Image search: [Google]
Happy little trees too.jpg
180KB, 1232x500px
What skill would it be to build a happy little cabin in the woods? Artisan? The character I'm playing with has a place pretty off the grid in SSC territory and I wanted to say he built it with his two hands, but wasn't sure about every skill I needed to invest into in order for the mechanics to jive with the flavor text.
>>
File: Mechanic Flower.jpg (47KB, 800x438px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanic Flower.jpg
47KB, 800x438px
>>53023587
You get the drones slaved to something with a hueg Firewall and splatter the decker irl while he's trying to get in. Bonus points for having your own hacker, so the opposition has to worry about playing defense for himself and his team.
>>
So, my players fucked up their last run and angered a cult in the process. I've already prepared myself for if they want to get revenge/pre-emptive strike this week, but I haven't actually thought about what I'd do if the players just decide to fuck off to another continent. They're in Hong Kong right now, but I'm starting to think the chances are real they'll just flee to Seattle or somewhere in Europe.

So my question is, ho< do I prepare something for them to do if I'm not 100% sure where they'll end up at the start of next session. Also, should this cult follow them if they flee? They're a bunch of zealot cyberfantics who want to upload themselves into the matrix and/or full cyberware bodies, if that makes any difference.
>>
>>53023704
>Bonus points for having your own hacker, so the opposition has to worry about playing defense for himself and his team.
Yeah, I tried to do this. The team's paranoid as fuck and went offline at the first sign of shenanigans, and the decker proceeded to wipe the floor with the spider.
>>
>>53023587
Run them silently and laugh at the horrid turn economy of Matrix Perception forces your decker to get a chance to hit one every 2 phases.
>>
>>53023639
I imagine Artisan is more for producing goods. Some combination of Survival and Industrial mechanic? Talk to your GM so you don't waste your time and precious karma on something that's not going to work. They may offer to let you pay the lifestyle cost and just narrate the rest.
>>
>>53023639
Yup, Carpetry is listed as one of the example specialisations for Artisan. I would also allow a Survival test.
>>
>>53023913
We run with Matrix Perception as a Simple action, and anyway, if I do that the decker will just run silent and it'll be a dumb game of Sleaze whack-a-mole. I suppose it delays him.
>>
>>53023934
>>53023939
Oh, cool. I actually have Survival already on my skill list to showcase that 'outdoorsy' approach. Looks like it'll be doing double-duty for me if GM ok's.
>>
>>53023587
Run silent. Fill the area with a couple of hundred stealth tags.
>>
>>53023955
Run all the armor/-1 DMG programs you can and take full matrix defense. Occupy him with an agent or so to make him not devote his whole deck's programs to nuking your drones.

Have him fight a Rignomancer and kill sprites boosted by TM support rather than programs, TM can summon up a few fault sprites to degrade his matrix battle tank and cover his machine sprite killers.

Unfortunately the way Data Spike works/how low matrix CND vs how high ATK ratings are means that matrix combat will always be a game of sleaze whack-a-mole.
>>
>>53024098
Ehhh we tend to ignore the tag chaff tactic, since it's more of a scorched earth policy than anything else. Also, anything I pull this run I'm giving the players the inspiration and go-ahead to pull on the next run.

>>53024133
Thanks for the suggestions. I also just way underestimated the dicepools this guy would need. I forgot the decker rolls 18ish dice for most of his stuff, so the spider was throwing 10-12.
>>
I'm being drowned in conflicting information. How the fuck do troll cyberware and gear costs work? There's fuckall in the rulebook, the errata shows it was clear and now isn't, i'm being told by some people I should be paying standard costs for everything but lifestyle and by others that gear and cyberware costs should be doubled too. Does that just mean the base price for chrome, or is the tier cost multiplier doubled too?
>>
>>53024381
Monthly lifecosts are doubled, all the rest is the same price.
>>
>>53024381
The ONLY thing that is changed is Lifestyle costs.

Everything else, regardless of what it is, is the same.
>>
>>53019866
My runners dark secret is playing Arcadium Online
>>
>>53024452
>>53024501
Sorted, thanks anons.
>>
>>53024788
Hidden in the Rigger 5.0 there's Metahuman Adjustment for vehicles also that states that unless you pay 500 nuyen for a fancy seat you take -2 on pilot tests as well.
>>
>>53018920
>The second one, though. That one's about as good as it's ever been.

The problem with both hacking rules and chase rules is that on a quick reading the seems functional enough but then they fall apart during play.

For example: Hacking, whats the point of putting more than one mark on a host?

The whole thing that a host file go into lockdown in "archive" at night is confusing as fuck as to what happen with lesser accessed files?

The whole thing on what happens if you brick internal cyberware near sensitive part is a whole issue that is up to DM discretion when it shouldnt.

And while some would argue those are fringe cases there is the issue of finding a file on a host, how its done? Matrix perception? But then it create the issue that robbing data from the main office of Reraku is easier than your local stuffer shack.

Consider this, the standard time for the host IC to run "matrix perception" test to detect you is a 3D6 turns in a host Rating 11-12.

Then decker goes near the Aztechnology HQ, assuming that he cant get direct connection with the nearby device to pass a mark to the host. He uses hack on the fly to put a mark on the host and uses edge to put a mark on the host and enter. He then rolls initiative in hot sim and get himself 4 turns

Lets say the DM feels dickish and make an IC scan him as soon as he enters they both roll and the decker used edge to pass. Now he got himself 3D6 turns.

Turn 1.
1st IP: Matrix Perception (Complex) to find the file.
2nd IP: Hack on the fly to put a mark on it. (Edge)
3rd IP: Disarm data bomb (Complex) to disarm its data bomb (edge)
4th IP: Crack file (Complex) to open it.
>>
>>53025319
Turn 2
1st IP: Edit file (Complex), to copy the file.
2nd IP: Feeling a little vindictive, edit file (Complex) to create a second copy.
3rd IP: Set data bomb on the new copy. (Complex)
4th IP: Exit host.

You now got the Aztechnology super secret board member names from the file and got extra time to set a prank before their defenses could even spot you.

>And I either understood the chase rules, or so misunderstood it that I think I do.

So here is the problem with chasing rules, the rules fall apart on the "catch up/break away" action. It says that is a "Reaction + Vehicle skill [Speed or handling] roll in with a threshold equal to the table "Vehicle test threshold table" and it says

"For every hit she beat the threshold by she may shift one Range Category towards or away from her opponent. If this action results in a move out of Extreme range the pursuing vehicle is allowed its own Reaction + Vehicle Skill [Speed or Handling] (maneuver Threshold) test to try and keep her in sight."

Problem is that the table go from 1 to 4 and control rig reduces the threshold to those rolls and adds to the limit and dicepool so unless on the most extremes circumstances getting you loose a pursuer each turn of the chase. Yes they get a roll but unless they are a rigger the odds are so against that unless they reach 4 net hits each turns you will loose them.
>>
>>53025337

Fuck phone ate a part of my post

>most extremes circumstances getting to loose a pursuer on the first turn of the chase is trivial with even the scooter. Yes they get a roll but unless they are a rigger the odds are so against that unless they reach 4 net hits (to go back from extreme to close) each turn, you will get a easier roll each time until they fail.
>>
>>53025337
This is why Lonestar has specialized 'pursuit' vehicles with riggers as well as just beat cops.
>>
File: Euhghhh.png (166KB, 264x314px) Image search: [Google]
Euhghhh.png
166KB, 264x314px
Man improved physical attribute costs a ton. Is there any world you would ever buy it over a muscle toner or something without it involving some sort of 6 essence purity gimmick build?
>>
>>53027067
Not really. Athlete's Way snags you the first rank for .5 PP but Athlete's Way is pretty awful mechanically. Improved Ability is the way to go.

A cool aspect of Imp. Phys. Att. is that it can actually increase your BOD, but its not worth taking for that.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>53027570
>>53027570
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.