[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 484
Thread images: 45

File: Twardowski_z_diablem.jpg (94KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
Twardowski_z_diablem.jpg
94KB, 618x800px
5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/RJSJC2017_04UASkillFeats_24v10.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9faa85b8c0d0

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Warlock edition

Previously on /5eg/...
>>52996126
>>
>>53000103
Warlocks are the worst cancer in this edition.
They serve no purpose beyond "My arcanist has EDGE as part of his class-fluff!" and to provide Munchkins and theory-gamers with a pacifier.
>>
>>53000103
Let's make up some Class specific feats!

Anyone got some ideas?
>>
>>53000125
It serves a purpose as the "magic attacker"/skill monkey that isn't long-rest dependent.
>>
File: Every 5e warlock ever.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Every 5e warlock ever.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>53000125
Warlocks are meant to be a "short rest" caster. However the entire long/short rest divide is awful in and of itself. With short rests being an hour, most of the time the party decides they're going to stop for a whole hour, they may as well stop for 8 and just take the long rest, unless the DM is constantly dangling a mission-timer over their heads.

I started ruling that a short rest is basically 15 minutes without combat or heavy activity, essentially changing all short-rest abilities into encounter-abilities. It helps some... but not nearly enough to hide how flawed the entire system was to begin with.
>>
>Try UA Downtime with my group
>They want to buy a simple magic weapon to break through supernatural defenses
>On 21-25, magic item table E
>On 26-30, magic item table F
>magic item table E contains very rare and legendary consumable items, worth up to 900 thousand gold
>magic item table F contains contains mostly uncommon items
>you need to roll above a legendary selection to access the uncommon equipment table
I guess that's UA for you.
>>
So of the offensive Talents Mind Thrust is pretty much the best, yeah?

Most things have a lower INT save than CON or DEX and there's other attack options that use those, plus knocking prone with Mind Slam, while neat in concept, could actually be a detriment if you've got a lot of ranged allies.
>>
>>53000212
At level 8 you can have an at-will 2d8+7 invisible damage... with your miiiiinnnnnndddddd.

It's pretty cool.
>>
>>53000231
Mind Thrust is a d10
>>
>>53000210
In my game cities have an auction of magic items every 1d6+4 days and I roll for three items on the tables to see what's being sold

I also roll a d100 and for every number above or below 50% I add or subtract this much % from its normal price and set that as the highest bid from an NPC for each item

I'm not sure it's a good system, so far the players have not been able to afford anything useful, and none of the things they could afford was good
>>
>>53000249
2d10+7 invisible damage... with your miiiiinnnnnndddddd.

Even cooler.
>>
Continuing to look at Mystic shit
>Mystic Charm (Talent)
>As an action, you beguile one humanoid you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or be charmed by you until the end of your next turn.

>CHA save Charm
I see that being really useful if your DM follows the Charm=Mind Control meme like mine does
>>
I'm hype guys. My dnd podcast should have its first game in two weeks.
I got some cool ideas for the first game too
>>
>>53000129

Prerequisite: Level 3; Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, or Wizard level 1.

Magical Reserves: You gain an additional level 1 and 2 spell slot, and raise the maximum to 5 and 4.

It is small but over time it would be very effective like Inspiring Leader.

Prerequisite: Sorcerer Level 2

Sorcerous Regeneration: As an action you may spend sorcerers points to heal yourself, per sorcery point spent is d6.

Prerequisite: Fighter 1

Multitalented: Your Strength or Dexterity increase by 1, to a maximum of 20. You may choose an additional fighting style you have not already chosen.

Prerequisite: Monk 1

I don't want no trouble: Your strength or dexterity increase by 1, to a maximum of 20. Improvised weapons now count as monk weapons.
>>
>>53000256
Sounds like most auctions, to be honest.
>>
>>53000385
Did your players sign up knowing they'd be bit-players in your whoring for attention/views, or did they think they were going to get an entertaining TTRPG?
>>
>>53000442
Ladder Action!

>Supreme Practicioner

Prequisite: Monk 1

Increase your Wisdom Stat by +1 up to a maximum of 20.

You gain additional Ki points equal to half your monk level.

>Spell artillery

Prequisite 1 lvl in either Sorcerrer, Wizard or Druid.

Area effect spells you cast gain a +1 to their spell save DC and have their area of effect extended by 5 ft in all directions.

>Martial Sage

Prequisite: Fighter 1, Ranger 1, Paladin1 or Monk 1.

Gain +1 to either Str or Dex up to a maximum of 20.

Pick two simple and one martial weapon you are proficient in.

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls with the specified weapons.
>>
>>53000249
>tfw it's d8 in my game
DM lowered all increasing / pumpable Mystic damage die by one step unless it was already d4. It's worked out pretty well in reining in some of the class's excesses without requiring a whole bunch of fiddly changes to specific powers.
>>
>>53000129

Survivalist
Prerequisite: Ranger, Favored Terrain
For 50gp and 1 day of downtime per party/expedition member, the Ranger may switch their favored terrain to a new type.

Arsenal of the Hunt
Prerequisite: Ranger, Favored Enemy
For 50gp and 3 downtime days, the Ranger may switch his favored enemy to a new type.

Leading the Pack
Prerequisite: Ranger, Animal Companion
For 100 downtime days you can teach your animal companion to take one action type (attack, help, etc) verbally without using up your action.
>>
>>53000578
Sorry, these are downtime activities,. ot feats. I should get more sleep.
>>
>tfw Mystic is the closest thing there is to a proper Summoner

In fact now that I think about it, a Soul Knife Summoner would be really efficient.
>Summon Shadows (3 PSI)
>Have them soften up a bad guy and grapple them
>Kill enemy with a Soulknoife
>Regain 2 PSI
>>
>>53000578
Revised ranger allready exists.
It only needs a fix for the dumb 5mile radar and the beast companion scaling + new mid level features so it doesn't stay a 3 lvl dip like warlock.

And Feats are meant to expand on what a class does like giving Monks extra Ki or ladder action.

>Songbird

Prequisite: Bard 1

You gain +1 to Charisma up to a maximum of 20.

You gain proficiency in the Performance (Cha) skill and if you are allready proficient double your proficiency bonus for checks made with it.

You may use your bonus action to Sing to replace your Instrument focus function as a spell casting focus.
>>
>>53000210
But that makes perfect sense.
>need a better roll to find useful items you can actually buy instead of spell scrolls that are too high level to be used reliably and cost more money than the party has even seen yet
table E is the party finding a high-priced antique shop for noblewomen who collect porcelain dolls; it's useless to them, it's a dummy shop, a worse result than finding the store selling F
>>
File: heyaheya.jpg (51KB, 564x560px) Image search: [Google]
heyaheya.jpg
51KB, 564x560px
Give me ideas for racial features for a bunch of people who commune with the spirits and get helped out by the natural world thanks to their deep connection with nature.
>>
>>53000799
Wild Magic. You can cast detect magic and disguise self with this trait, using Wisdom as your spellcasting ability for them. Once you cast either spell, you can't cast it again with this trait until you finish a short or long rest. When you use this version of disguise self, you can seem up to 3 feet shorter than normal, allowing you to more easily blend in with humans and elves.
Hidden Step. As a bonus action, you can magically turn invisible until the start of your next turn ot until you attack, make a damage roll, or force someone to make a saving throw. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Speech of Beast and Leaf. You have the ability to communicate in a limited manner with beasts and plants. They can understand the meaning of your words, though you have no special ability to understand them in return. You have advantage on all Charisma checks you make to influence them.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, and Giant.
>>
>>53000813
Give me ideas for racial features for a bunch of people who commune with the spirits and get helped out by the natural world thanks to their deep connection with nature and don't have inherent magical abilities or tumblr noses.
>>
>>53000547
Not sure about that +1 cause that would be just like obvious to take, but it's probably not that bad.

Prerequisite: Druid 2

Wild Shape Mastery: When you wild shape you may choose an adaptation, which you take from other beasts. You gain one of the following:

-10 more feet of walking speed when you take the dash action.
-+1 AC while fighting fey and undead creatures.
-The ability to speak while in wild shape.
-+2 bonus to stealth checks while hiding in darkness.

Prerequisite: Barbarian 3; Totem Warrior

Totemic Bond: you gain proficiency in animal handling. If you already had proficiency, you may double it.

You may cast speak with animals as a ritual and animal friendship when your target is a creature you have gained a totem spirit feature for. Choosing the wolf totem spirit lets you cast this on wolves and dire wolves.

Prerequisite: Cleric 10

When you roll a religion check, you gain advantage on the roll. The divine intervention roll now has a modifier depending on your wisdom modifier, when you roll, subtract your wisdom modifier from the roll.
>>
Would War Caster work for Mystic disciplines?
>>
>>53001028
Not spells so no.
>>
>>53001028
They aren't spells so no.
>>
>>53000171
What I do (or would, if I had a game right now) is set taking a short rest to five minutes -but you can only benefit from it once per hour.
>>
File: A word of advice.jpg (91KB, 863x1300px) Image search: [Google]
A word of advice.jpg
91KB, 863x1300px
>>53000385
Here's an idea for you.
>>
Does UA ranger ignoring difficult terrain mean all or just non-magic?
>>
>>53001150
If it didn't work on magic it would say so
>>
So I know Boom Blade doesn't trigger if the enemy doesn't willingly move, but does the effect stay on them?

Say for example,
>EK Boom Blades mook
>Warlock Repelling Blasts them 10 feet away

Do they stay "sheathed in booming energy" 10 feet away from the fight?
>>
>>53001186
Stays there until they willingly move or you start your next turn
>>
>>53000103
>not the "starvation and dehydration rules are for artists" edition.
Come on OP...
>>
Which books have you bought and what was your reasoning?
>>
What's the unearthed arcana gonna be today? Now is the time to guess.
>>
>>53001335
Core 3 only. I don't buy setting books. I'd make an exception for a full Ravenloft campaign guide though.
>>
>>53001360
Didn't they say there was going to be Fighter and other class Mystic archetypes? Maybe it's that.
>>
>>53001335
None but the PHB
I'm poor
>>
>>53001360
Expanded dehydration and starvation rules.
>>
>>53001360
UA Monk Revised

NOT
>>
>>53001360
Skill feats, race feats, ___ feats.

Class or background feats?
>>
>>53001335
I bought the DMs guide because I'm a forever DM and my girlfriend was gonna run a campaign but panics and gets too anxious so I'm taking over. So now I get to use it yay.
I also bought the players handbook because my players are dumb and never read the rules so I figure having an actual physical book is preferable to a PDF they won't look at.
I'm gonna buy the monster manual next, and then Volo's.
>>
File: 1482455559320.jpg (21KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482455559320.jpg
21KB, 471x480px
I'm going to be playing a level 5 Mystic (Immortal) soon. Is there any "must have" Disciplines?

As of now I've picked
1 (bonus) Brute Force
1 (bonus) Adaptive Body
1 Telepathic Contact
3 Mastery of Light and Darkness
5 Psychic Assault

These seem to fill up the most important slots.
>>
>>52998852
>Require less attention
The only fear is that you might go down and they have to heal you then, and in that case the healers are probably already also down, in which case you're probably fucked. Probably not worth mid-combat healing.

If magic items aren't a gaurantee, some sources of advantage aren't either. Plenty of players would have to willingly go up paths that grant them advantage - playing vengeance instead of devotion, going shieldmaster instead of GWM, perhaps assassin with alert over AT and in the case of AT getting find familiar instead of mage armour.
There are also builds that're probably more suited do pairing with wolf barbarian, such as GFB/BB rogue (They only get one chance a turn of sneak attack so it needs to count), GWM barbarians/fighters/paladins/etc.. Well, that's mostly it.

My argument is less that one is definitely worse but that it follows a rough formula:
0-1 melee allies: not worth it.
2 melee allies: Debatable. Don't if they lack synergy.
3: Just do it.
4: JUST. DO IT.
>>
>>53001360
It better be fucking good because the next one isn't going to be for a month
>>
I'm gonna' be in a one shot and the party comp so far is Sorcerer, Fighter, Bard. I wanna do something fun and "different". Any ideas?
>>
>>53001549
Don't worry it'll be disappointing or mediocre at best, this is WotC we're talking about.
>>
Joining a new group.

Want to rogue/thief, but the party has suggested I sword and board.

The people I've talked to all agree we already have a rules lawyer That Guy mage.

Any suggestions for a character class and build (I'll be starting at level 5). New to 5e and want to make something not useless but not too gamey since they're already pissed at the one guy.
>>
>>53001558
What class would you normally never play, or haven't had a chance to because someone else always picked it? Play that one.
>>
>>53001724
Why have they suggested sword and board? What's the party made of currently?
>>
>>53001754
Paladin, mage, warlock, archer, beast master or some shit.

They suggested sword and board but honestly anything melee would work. I just remember fighters being pretty trash tier outside of being a meatshield but I haven't really touched 5e seriously.
>>
>>53001724
DEX Paladin.

Sword and Rapier.
>>
>>53001788
I'd go Cleric, but some people find that dull. Melee domains are Death, Life, Nature, Tempest, Trickery and War, although using Death varies from DM to DM
>>
>>53001788
Like >>53001855 said would be a solid choice, or if you want go barbarian.

The main problem with sword and board in this edition is you kinda have to be gamey to fill the role the way most people view it as.
>>
>>53001793
>>53001855

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna do more reading up on 5e class mechanics then pick.

Just needed a solid suggestion to start looking. Don't want to end up with a useless character since I normally focus on charisma skills for a party and not smacking shit with a sword.

Dex swords probably would be interesting.
>>
>>53001724
Barbarogues are the best sword and boarders. And I'd hardly call it 'gamey', though some people might see it that way.
>>
File: genius brazilian.png (185KB, 707x814px) Image search: [Google]
genius brazilian.png
185KB, 707x814px
I need help guys.
A "friend" and I must determine who is forever BTFO.

I'm trying to explain to a dirty Brazilian monkey this rule says using armor or a shield will disqualify you from having your AC calculated the stated way.

He thinks the rule is that as long as you don't wear a shield and armor your AC is calculated the listed way.

The pic is from page 7 https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf
>>
>>53001887
It's hard to make a useless character this edition, the only real trap options are phb beast master and Wot4E monk. Or building a Monk expecting DPR instead of mobility and cc.
>>
>>53001914
Care to elaborate?

And gamey as in using intended mechanics is fine but gamey as in abusing wording choices and stuff isn't, if that makes sense.
>>
>>53001920
Unfortunately I don't speak retard because it's written pretty clearly so God speed.
>>
>>53001920
So you both agree?
>>
>>53001920
Why does it matter? Let him wear armour. It won't break anything.
>>
File: 20 INT Barbarian.jpg (481KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20 INT Barbarian.jpg
481KB, 960x1200px
>>53001920
So... you both think the same thing?
>>
File: ultimate argument.png (277KB, 624x284px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate argument.png
277KB, 624x284px
>>53001920

His argument is the Monk AC bonus thing specifically says "not wearing armor" and "not wearing shield."
>>
>>53001952
He thinks armor and a shield disqualify you from this way of calculating AC.

I'm telling him using either individually disqualify you. A or B disqualify you as well as A+B together.
He thinks you only don't get this form of AC calculation when you have A+B.
>>
>>53001949
I have to break his will so I can civilize him.
>>
File: 1488315555448.png (206KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
1488315555448.png
206KB, 800x542px
>>53001960
Is this some kind of elaborate bait designed to baffle instead of irritate?

Because the way you typed it they're the same.

>You can only calculate with no armor or shield
>NU-UH YOU CAN ONLY WITH NO ARMOR OR SHIELD

Or is he trying to say he can add CON and DEX to AC with armor on too?

>>53002000
Oh, that finally makes sense... I guess?

Yes, it's functionally identical to the Monk's ability.
>>
>>53002000
Highlight the "OR" part, it's not hard
t. monkey as well
>>
File: 1492407682287.png (540KB, 960x938px) Image search: [Google]
1492407682287.png
540KB, 960x938px
>>53002019
Then argue with him over rules that actually matter like how magic missile works with plus bonuses.

All he's doing is reducing his carry capacity and making himself vulnerable to shit like 'heat metal' for no discernable advantage whatsoever other than looking more armoured.
>>
>>53002056
>>53002019
Also, it says
>No (Armour or shield)
not
>(No armour) or (No shield)
The or can be considered a /
No armour/shield
as opposed to
No armour / no shield
>>
>>53002000
It clearly says armor OR shield, not armor AND shield.
>>
>>53002074
>>53002039
>>53002090
>>53002042
Thank you guys.
I gotta ask, is there errata for this class/ability?
I think it may be the only way I can get him to accept this.
>>
>>53000385
No voice modulators if you don't fine tune them beforehand.
>>
>>53002116
Not that ability in particular but it says somewhere that you can only calculate AC in a single way. Different calculations do not stack.
Ie: class specific calculations like unarmored defense, or using armor and wielding shields. Not both.
>>
>>53002116
I've literally used examples like:
A casino owner says "If you don't cheat or steal you are welcome here."

And I point out his logic would be "As long as I only steal or I only cheat I'm okay to stay. Only if I cheat and steal will I become unwelcome."
>>
Why is 5e such shit? Wotc just couldn't stand to not put out an unplayable mess? There used to be at least five fun levels to play and now it's mostly limited to four? Holy fuck.
>>
Guys, anyone ever converted Pathfinder adventures to D&D 5e?
What are the pitfalls? is it difficult? I'm not familiar with path at all, so it's hard for me to judge

Mostly i'm interested in midnight mirror
>>
Is there a discord for finding groups?
>>
>>53002116
Point out that the Barbarian Unarmored Defense says "While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit." Immortal Durability very specifically does not say you can wear a shield.
>>
>>53001437
No more feats please. Otherwise we need more ASIs to match the overabundance of shit we have.
>>
File: DnD_Conversions_1.0.pdf (480KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
DnD_Conversions_1.0.pdf
480KB, 1x1px
>>53002317
Try with this.
>>
>>53002392
Yeah, as much as players enjoy character customization I really dislike feats, especially if they stray into 3rd edition's "You can only do something anyone could have previously done with a skill check or roleplay if you have X feat" style of feats.
>>
What are some spells that combo well with Stunning Strike?
>>
>>53002477
Anything with a Strength or Dexterity saving throw.
>>
File: HumanAvenger.jpg (90KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
HumanAvenger.jpg
90KB, 600x877px
So I'm almost positive this question has been asked before and I apologize, but I've recently gained a follower that I get to design and I'm not familiar with these classes. Can Eldritch Knights cast spells even when both hands are occupied, like when they're going sword and board? What about Paladins?
>>
>>53002336
There's normally a group finder thread also
>Discord
Just stop
>>
>>53002603
Only if you have the war caster feat.
>>
File: 1396628008052.jpg (35KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1396628008052.jpg
35KB, 393x377px
Hey guys, my friends want me to DM a campaign for them

They like murder plots, intrigue, whodunnits, riddles, puzzles some horror maybe
They do not like dungeon crawls or needless combat

I don't have a lot of time on my hands to make something from scratch, is there a 5E Campaign that would fit? Or perhaps a campaign from 3.5 I could use as a baseline?
Or maybe just a few separate adventures I could connect together into one campaign

A few years back we played Rise of the Runelords and they really liked the first 3 books with the murders and the haunted house and all that, but on book 4 it became a boring combat grindfest and it started sucking
>>
>>53002477
Create Bonfire.
>>
>>53002603
They can with the War Caster feat, and as Fighters get extra ASIs it's not as critical a choice as other classes.

A way to get around it however is to make their sword or shield also their arcane focus, as you can preform Somatic components with your focus hand.

Paladins can explicitly put their symbol on their shield, might have to ask the DM for a sword with a Crystal in the pommel for EK though.
>>
>>53002637
From the official adventures, cuck of strahd is the closest to this, but it's still quite far from it.
>>
>>53002603
You can cast while using a 2h weapon because they only require 2 hands while attacking
>>
>>53002775
That makes no sense. How do you have a free hand to cast? What if you need both hands free? Spells don't specify if they're cast one handed or two handed anyway!
>>
File: PlagueDoctorExorcist.jpg (118KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
PlagueDoctorExorcist.jpg
118KB, 1000x800px
>>53002636
>>53002671
>>53002775

Alright, neat. Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.
>>
>>53002822
You can shoulder your weapon for transportation, and somatic components as the rules state require one hand. Material components can use the same hand. Unless he needs to be holding a wand for a material component and doesn't want to free action drop after casting a bonus action spell he can attack.
>>
>>53002822
Yes they do.

>Somatic (S)

>Spellcasting gestures might include a forceful gesticulation or an intricate set of gestures. If a spell requires a somatic component, the caster must have free use of at least one hand to perform these gestures.
>>
File: 2h.png (11KB, 289x62px) Image search: [Google]
2h.png
11KB, 289x62px
>>53002822
Just hold your big sword in one hand while you jazz hand at the enemies
>>
>>53002858
That a two handed weapon will take away, the free use of one hand. So with a 2h sword I can still cast spells. How? Sheathe or drop the blade?
>>
>>53002822
>>53002858
I took too long getting the cap, but have it anyway.
>>
>>53002874
Ah ok. Ty anon.
>>
File: Somatic (S) Components.png (92KB, 402x107px) Image search: [Google]
Somatic (S) Components.png
92KB, 402x107px
>>53002888
I'm starting to think I'm retarded.
>>
>>53002886
The Two Handed property only applies while attacking with the weapon.

You can still hold it in one hand.
>>
>>53002904
You just need some sleep, Anon, we've all been there.
>>
>>53002904
You might be, but rest easy knowing you aren't the most retarded anon in this thread.
>>
File: BattleChefDinnerTime.jpg (361KB, 1378x1060px) Image search: [Google]
BattleChefDinnerTime.jpg
361KB, 1378x1060px
>>53002886
>>
>>53000171
I don't understand the logic that an hour and eight times as long are basically the same thing. If you don't have time constraints it's technically true, as much as saying five minutes and a day is true, or a minute and a week even.
>>
File: 200px-Light_Order_Wizard.jpg (31KB, 200x391px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Light_Order_Wizard.jpg
31KB, 200x391px
What would be the best way for me to make a light wizard in 5e?
I was thinking something like Light Cleric or maybe a multiclass of cleric and wizard.

I was also considering maybe Theurge Wizard but since its I don't know how balanced it is compared to the other classes/subclasses
>>
>>53003020
Favored Soul sorcerer is a good option. Sun Soul monk is getting away from full spellcaster a bit, but it's also a thing.
>>
>>53003020
People always sperg on Theurgy but I honestly don't think it's that bad.
>>
>>53003020
Loremaster, you can change the damage of everything to Radiant.
>>
>>53003020
Can you expand on what you mean by light wizard?

Arcana domain cleric can get you wizard-y stuff and full access to all the light-based stuff from cleric.

If you just want to do radiant damage, light cleric works.

Theurgy wizard is only really borked with a few outliers like Arcana domain (weird feedback loop on high level features) and Tempest (does lightning damage better than an Evoker does).

Favored Soul can give you some extra juice on cleric spells at the expense of a restricted pool of spells over the lifetime of the character.
>>
>>53002775
>>53002852
Pretty sure Crawford said you can't do this
>>
>>53001920

For one thing, even if it worked while wearing armor, he'd calculate his AC as 10 + dex + con. 5e doesn't have stacking rules like 3e did. So wearing armor wouldn't help even if it was allowed.

Second, the keyword is "or". As long as you aren't wearing armor OR wearing a shield (as in, using armor, shield, or both) you get the benefit. If you use either you don't.

The alternative would be "and". As in, if you aren't wearing armor AND using a shield. If that's what it said, he'd be correct. But it doesn't.
>>
>>53003219
Mearls said that, and Mearls is an idiot about rules clarifications.
>>
>>53003219
Nevermind, he said you can
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/03/02/2-weapon-casting/
>>
How does your group spend short rests?
>>
>>53003421
Normally sitting there doing nothing, we'll see what happens since they'll need a short rest in the middle of a dungeon.
>>
>>53003421
Tend to their wounds, fix damaged gear. Keeping a lookout.
>>
>>53003421
Looting, ritual casting.
>>
How many groups do you think it is prudent to be in at once? Take in mind that with my amount of free time I may as well be a NEET
>>
Hello guys. I would like to make a campaign about time travel, parallel universes and so on. How could I do that? Have you ever done something
Similar? I need help :c
>>
>>53003531
In Out of the Abyss, there is the possibility of being transported to the start of the adventure, but with all your xp and gear.
>>
>>53003531
>time travel
Don't do it anon
>parallel universes
mite b cool.

Maybe you could have like, the same political situation as in your main universe, but with the races moved around. So the orc king needs help protecting his people from vicious elf raids, and he fears that the humans in the mountains are preparing to invade.

But to avoid being too "evil races are good! PC races are evil!" cliche, you could have the races act the same as they always do anyway. The orc king is brutal and evil, and the elves are fags, and the humans are humans, it's just their political situation that's different.
>>
>>53003593
You're shitting me. Really? For what purpose?
>>
>>53003486

If you have a NEET's free time, no more than 3. You want to be able to be moderately invested and if you're in too many games you won't care.
>>
For those of you who have played or run CoS, what was your Victor like? He's been hanging around our party for a bit now and I'm just curious what we might be getting into. So far he seems to be a friendly dork with a sad past.
>>
>>53003626

Cuz demons are chaotic and shit? I dunno
>>
>>53003593
>>53003611
Thank you guys, I'll take Your advice and try to make it work
>>
>>53003421
>>53003473
Can I ritual cast while taking a short rest?
I'm an Abjuration Wizard so if I'm short resting to do my arcane recovery, can I also spam six Alarm rituals to max out my ward?
>>
>>53002671
Not only can they put it on the shield, it says as long a it's "clearly visible", it can work. That means a symbol hung around your neck is good enough.
>>
>>53003421
Eating, pooping, strategizing, boning, making jokes, minor character building.
>>
>>53001335
>buying books when you can pirate them

Is this reddit?
>>
>hey wizard where's your spell x?
>hey wizard why don't you cast y?
>hey wizard we need spell z now!
>what kind of wizard doesn't have v?

God fucking damn, there's no way I could possibly have all the spells people are requesting me.
Does this happens with any of you guys as well? I'm almost rerolling a martial now.
>>
>>53001335
I bought the PHB cause it's less tedious than the pdf on my phone. Monster Manual and DMG are perfect gifts so I got those too. My store had the limited edition cover for Volos so I got that too.
>>
>>53001335
I bought every book so far because one of my best friends runs a game shop and I like to support his endeavors.
>>
>>53001335
All of them, because I want the complete collection, and because I want to support 5e.
>>
>>53003874
"Hey guys, I'm going for a certein flavor. Kindly shut the fuck up."
>>
>>53001335
None. PDFs are objectively superior on a full size PC or laptop. I will never understand the tablet craze.
>>
UA when???
>>
>>53004016
>bringing a full laptop to a pen and paper session

Fucking heathen
>>
>>53001920
>>53002171

This is his Brazilian logic:
That second statement just proves how you really don't know what you're talking about.
> if you don't cheat or steal

A = Cheat
B = Steal
C = go to jail

Statement:

A /\ B -> C
!A + B -> C
!A + !B -> !C
A + B -> C
A + !B -> C

By this logic, then yeah, if I cheat but didn't steal, I wouldn't go to jail. You're associated an implied knowledge to something that reads with a different meaning, if it was a judge reading a law that said that, he would let a guy that cheated but didn't steal walk away, and vice-versa
you're saying I think that !A + B and A + !B -> !C
Which is not the case, what I'm saying is what is above
But let's go back to the original statement for Immortal Durabilty
> if you don't use a shield or wear armor, you get a bonus AC
A = don't use armor
B = don't use shield
C = get bonus
Statement can be summarized as:

A /\ B -> C
Therefore,

!A + B - > C
If you use armor, but don't use a shield, you get a bonus, because you have chosen one between the other
A + B -> C
If you use both, you don't get it, because it was only one or the other.

Alternatively, the monk's Unarmed defense states that You have to not be wearing armor and not using a shield to get the bonus.

The logical connective changes, and the statement as well. As such:

A \ / B -> C

Different from /, both conditions HAVE TO BE MET
>>
>>53001335
PHB, MM, DMG, Storm King received as a gift. Bought the first three because i like collecting RPG books. I also own the cyberpunk 2020 core book and the shadow run leather bound super fancy legendary edition that, as far as Ive seen, is the only version available for under 100$
>>
>>53004016
I can sort of see this argument, but then I've also run into some people who are slow as hell finding stuff in pdfs because they only word search and never learn what general part of the pdf to look in for the rules they want to find.
>>
>>53003874
Literally every single session.

>"I gave you a scroll of magic missile, why don't you prepare it?" 'Cause everyone in the party does enough damage, I don't have to, 3rd level and very limited slots. Very unwise.'
>"What? You don't have Firebolt? Chill Touch? Not even ray of frost?" '16DEX, My Xbow does more damage and is more reliable until next level when I'll hit 4th and grab one and boost my int to 18' queue groans
>Spend session detecting magic, identifying items, scouting with familiar, alarming the camp and using disables in battle
>As soon as I fire another crossbow bolt "...Remind me again why you don't have Chromatic Orb or Magic Missile prepared?"

Loveless job, Wizarding is. Even used Web to stop an extremely important captive from escaping and everyone still drinks deep from that haterade.
>>
>>53000564
what the fuck, mind thrust is literally just firebolt with a good save instead of an attack roll, and still way inferior to EB.
>>
>>53004095
A few of my players have had problems with PDFs crashing unexpectedly because of unknown bullshit. Now most of them are buying at least the PHB. I always prefered physical anyway.
>>
>>53004095
Specific rulings for your character should be saved in a separate document for easy access, same as a caster's spell list. Alternatively, google. My character folder is usually

>Character sheet from level to level
>Character art
>notes from the game
>rules I will need to worry about
>spell list if applicable
>>
Any fun ideas for a Dwarf Forge Domain Cleric?
>>
>>53004143
I'm finding the wrong types of spergs for my games then. They know what magic items are in the DMG and what meme builds are popular but not basic shit like how their actual features work without looking them up every time.
>>
>Nomadic Step- Phantom Caravan (6 psi). As an action, you and up to six willing creatures of your choice that you can see within 60 feet of you teleport up to 1 mile to a spot you can see. If there isn’t an open space for all the targets to occupy at the arrival point, this ability fails and is wasted.

>Charm enemy
>Teleport them a mile straight into the sky

sheeeit
>>
>>53004200
2 actions for 20d6 damage to a non-flyer seems fair.
>>
>>53001335
Monster Manual and Volo's Guide to Monsters because I'm a sucker for bestiaries and ecologies, trying to get next a Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide to round up my official published lore.
We have on our table a PHB, DMG, OotA and SKT but those were bought by other people.

Will eventually pick as well a PHB and DMG to complete my set of core books and maybe a TotYP for tomb of horrors.
>>
>>53004113
I've never seen this, you may just be playing with shitbags.

Though as a cleric with only one healing spell I at least have an idea where you are coming from.
>>
>>53004200
If you have some sort of feather falling, that's fine, because you go with him.
>>
>>53000884
>give me racial feature ideas for inherent magic
>for people without inherent magical abilities

Pick one retard
>>
>>53004186
He has terrible burns over his face and arm when he was pushed into a forge. He made his recovery and says he felt the heat of Moradin, who now wears the burns pridefully.
>>
>>53003626
Fucking with extraplanar godpowering machinery of pure law can have a lot of effects.

Also, is an Orderer, made by Primus to bring Law to Chaos, something you could really use when chased by Yeenoghu AND Baphomet,

In the adventure You are riding the machine down a river of lava while fighting with demons and two demon princes chase you while a mad modron tells you how to start it, (and the DM plays some speed metal) some of it's malfunctions do things like giving everyone a free ASI, throwing free magic items or money, and one brings you back in time.
>>
>>53004244
Mystic has a few different options to avoid dying from it. Either way it's probably not the most efficient way to spend 6 PSI and 2 turns, but it's thematic and cool.

Plus it'd keep the enemy out of commission for a few turns since Google says it'd take about 20 seconds to freefall one mile.
>>
>>53004089
Mmfuck forgot I also got Volvo's, shits tight, love the additional races and monster player rule stuff
>>
>>53004353
>Volvo's
You goddamn know what I mean
>>
>>53004373
>Volvo

Bye bye Monster Manual 3
>>
>>53004373
Gib HL3
>>
File: tumblr_ng82slFlEy1qetcjvo1_1280.jpg (777KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng82slFlEy1qetcjvo1_1280.jpg
777KB, 1280x1920px
>>53004353
the mind flayer lore in volo's is love.
>>
>>53004197
I just hate when my turn takes more than 30 seconds. I usually plan out my next turn while everyone else is taking theirs as well. I understand paying attention to dialogue and the gist of what is happening in combat, but I can't see any reason to care what other people are rolling.
>>
how do people get the UA PDFs before they are published on the front page of wizard's page.
>>
>>53004407
WotC is run by mind flayers I tell you.
>>
>>53004449
Please report to the back room of your FLGS effective immediately.
>>
>>53004449
not at all, why would you think that silly anon. now, now, there's no point in speculating such outlandish claims, why don't you take a minute and watch some dank memes on the internet, that would make your brain tastier, i mean, more relaxed...
>>
>>53003841
>stealing like a nigger
Is this Twitter?
>>
File: 7emlrdu.jpg (251KB, 790x608px) Image search: [Google]
7emlrdu.jpg
251KB, 790x608px
>>53000884
They're ancestor worshipers, all their "magic" is actually their dead family members helping them out. As to getting helped by nature, just a cultural oneness with it. They've been doing the same things for so long that the local flora and fauna have adapted to them.

An example being those birds that lead people to honey bees so that the humans open of the hives to get the honey and they give the bee larva to the bird.
>>
>>53004506
I swear I'll download a car when I get the chance.
>>
>>53000884
Choose a Home Terrain at creation
Proficiency in Survival
Advantage on Survival, Athletics, and Acrobatics checks made when in your Home Terrain
Rationing - You know how to make supplies go further. When using non magical consumables you get 2 uses out of them instead of 1.
+2 Wisdom

Home terrain:
Aquatic: Swim Speed 10
Underground: Burrow Speed 10
Forest: Pass without trace
Jungle: Advantage on rolls made to resist poison and you can use poisons without poisoning yourself
Mountains: Advantage on Fatigue checks made due to Cold
Desert: Advantage on fatigue checks made due to Heat

Something like this?
>>
>>53000385
I hope you all have fun and get popular, anon.
>>
>>53004276
Sounds neat, will keep that in mind.
>>
>>53003841
>not buying books when they are clearly superior to pdf

neck yourself anon
>>
>>53003712
>A short rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds.

So no, you can't.
>>
An NPC warlock was declared a heretic years ago by the church and almost burned at a stake.
He managed to flee and now lives in the middle of nowhere where the players found him. They needed his help and they became buddies.
However, now the players want to get him a pardon so he can come live in their castle to make their co-operation easier.
Why would the church of Lawful neutral assholes ever pardon him? Thee players really want to help him but I can't figure out a way to accomplish this.
Maybe a legal loophole instead, making the initial declaration of heresy void?
Lawyers please help.
>>
Okay guys, doing a one-shot Feywild adventure based around a sleeping lake, gimme some NPC ideas.

For the one I like the most I will also do some request character art for the anon- flag TDL in the character art thread.
>>
>>53004953
I don't buy the books because beautifully indexed, ctrl+f able pdfs are the superior option. If they sold high quality official pdfs for a few bucks I'd buy it no probs.
>>
>>53005030
Maybe just the leader of the Lawful Good assholes is actually an asshole and the refusal to pardon is just a matter of leadership. Have a nice little political upheaval that ends up with a new, lawful good, but more realistic leader of the lawful good assholes.
>>
>>53005045
A man whose mind is broken, but his broken state leads him to misunderstood brilliance. He knows the lake can rejuvenate him, but fears losing his broken brilliance.
>>
>>53005045
It's not actually a lake, it's an ocean.

Just a very, very small one. The entire area is just a massive piece of land shrunk into a small area.

The lake is home to a kraken, just one using most of the stats of an octopus.
>>
>>53005087

Sounds DELIGHTFUL

But sadly I have already used the Broken Matt gimmick in a previous session...
>>
>>53005045
A cute nymph who lost most of her powers due to pollution. She reaches out to the players in their dreams and asks for help. She lives in a temple at the bottom of the lake imprisoned more or less because it's the only pure water left. Even if she wanted to abandon the lake she wouldn't.

I don't know what the pollution could be though.
>>
>>53005143
What did you to do Matt?
>>
>>53005177

Poison-Master of a Thieves Guild who delights in setting traps and grandiose things.

Only got to appear once before it ended, but it was memorable.

BROTHER RYNER, I KNEW YOU'D COME!
>>
>>53005150
A giant fish that has cavities.
>>
>>53005045
A sea hag makes her rest on a portion of the lake, looking into it. Only in this reflection does she see a beautiful woman looking back. When greeted she doesn't even look away from the water and only answers blandly, mentioning that she would like a bowl made of a great fey tree.

If they get one to her, she will cup the water into the bowl to take with her forever.
>>
>>53005143
You can't miss the opportunity to use the Lake of Rejuvenation and the dilapidated boat.

>>53005217
If you only used him that much, he can be a recurring character.

How about a water elemental with a pet gelatinous cube that work together to constantly filter the water in the lake to explain its pristine clarity?
>>
>>53005150
I was planning a Water-temple kind of thing, but didn't know how to instigate it. Might be a good thing for it...

>>53005133
This sounds interesting too, if not where I was going initially...hmm.
>>
>>53005030
Just thought up something.
What about a retrial? The party secures allies within the church and convinces the warlock to come stand before the court to be judged.
Then let the players try to influence the jury and judge, potentially declaring the warlock innocent. Something like in NWN 2 because it was fun.
>>
File: MGSV-E3-Trailer-Revolver-Ocelot.jpg (51KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-E3-Trailer-Revolver-Ocelot.jpg
51KB, 600x338px
Have you ever had a PC retire to NPC status willingly mid-campaign? How did it work out?

Now that we've got a base of operations and have established our party in the region my Rogue is beginning to have less and less reasons to actually go out adventuring (He's a Spy and the party is doing things that draw attention on a regular basis), I was considering talking to the DM to have him become something akin to Ocelot in MGSV, where he acts as an intel guy for the party (While working on his own agenda too)
>>
>>53005234

Ooh, complete with a sidequest!

I'll wait until the next thread so everyone can get an answer in, then say which one wins the Feybowl. Seems fairest, if a bit of a wait.
>>
>>53000171
I know whenever I take my lunch break, I just go home for the day. Why do today what you can put off for tomorrow or next week, right?
>>
>>53005297
As a DM, I had a player that wanted to change characters. The old character was a dragon disciple or something, and they had just met a dragon that matched his color so he became a dragon riding NPC contact. They assisted occasionally with some magic and during the final battle they swooped in to provide cover while the PCs fought their way to the BBEG.
>>
>>53005030
How many years? Just disguise him as soneone else if it's unlikely he'll be recognized. Also, that character smells fishy. DM is setting him up to betray you to his evil Warlock Patron. Have a divination wizard cast Detect Thoughts on him.
>>
UA/Sage advice, when?
>>
>>53005297
I had my NG sorcerer retire from the party because they were falling further and further along the Chaotic and Evil lines of alignment. He began working for an important NPC running errands for him and generally being a guiding force for the party, helping them out behind the scenes on occasion and being a reliable NPC. If they came to the important NPCs place but he wasn't there he'd say something like 'but you do see anon there working'

It was actually a lot of fun, especially if you're an experienced player having a character with 'NPC' status that can help the party in ways a PC couldn't can make sessions extra enjoyable.
>>
>>53005297
I had a warlock who just did not agree with the quest we were doing. He just left in the middle of the night with a note and that was that. My current game I have a monk who disagrees with the actions of another character and he is about to walk out. And I had a character who was ran out of the party for completely fair and justifiable actions.

Nobody has a big deal with it. Rule number 1 play your character. Rule number 2, understand that if you do dumb or evil things the good characters are well within their rights to kill you or ask you to leave.
>>
>>53000799

Disadvantage on saves against disease

Advantage on all Downtime (Crime) checks
>>
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/revised-subclasses
>>
>>53005499
>Revised subclasses
>No change to Wot4E monk

Fine I'll just go fuck myself then
>>
>>53005499
>>53005556
Beat me to it
>>
>>53005499
I believe this solves all that controversy with what is a kensai weapon. I'll take it.
>>
>>53005556
It says "revisions to subclasses from previous UAs," numbnuts.
>>
File: paladin.jpg (94KB, 962x721px) Image search: [Google]
paladin.jpg
94KB, 962x721px
hey guys, I need help with my build in the game I'm playing in.
Party comp-Cleric(tempest), Warlock(GoO, with tome pact), rouge (not sure what they focusing on), Paladin(me)

Currently 3rd level paladin -Oath of the crown(took for roleplay purposes), God-Pelor (Dm is using Greyhawk pantheon)
Human variant-feat Prodigy (UA) was given magic initate as part of plot.

Backround Diplomat https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Diplomat_(5e_Background)
Lawful Neutral
stats (we rolled em they pretty gud)
S-17 Spells(paladin):Divine Smite, Thundering smite,bless, command, cure wounds
Dex-14 SPells (m Initiate):prestidigitation, minor illusion, farie fire
Con-17
Int-12
Wis-12
Cha-20

Things to know about my character
1. he is a politician first moreso a kingmaker, tl;dr he wants power(political not like magic or whatever that doesn't really interest him).
2.He didn't choose to be a paladin, as part of his character he doesn't like to be in debt, and also keeps his word. so when a paladin who'd been his body guard while he was a diplomat saves his life, and asks with his dying breath that I take up his oaths for him, I had to reluctantly agree.

now I want to know what to multi-class into once I hit Pally 6, with my specific oath i don't get much past level 6. Original plan was to do Pally6/fighter3/11bard but now Im not so sure, I looked into the UA's and DM said I could use them, and was interested in the raven queen pact for warlocks, and you know they have spellcasting synergy so I could get pretty blasty. Or I could go order of whispers bard.

I just don't know what I want to do with the character make him blasty? or make him controlly. I just don't know
>>
>>53005499
>Can't GWM Monk anymore
y tho
>>
>>53005499
>http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/revised-subclasses
>The last weekly UA is fixes to old UA
>>
>no greatsword kensei for le ebin master yi
I'll gladly ignore this UA
>>
>>53005664
Do what you want.
>>
>>53005686
>>53005731

It can still use Sharpshooter and Crossbow Expert if you really just care about DPR.
>>
>>53005664
Paladins don't need gods.
>>
File: Armor of Spirits.jpg (184KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
Armor of Spirits.jpg
184KB, 500x726px
>>53005499
I like the Barb.
>>
>>53005609
Well maybe they should revise a printed class that is hot garbage at best along with shit that isn't even out yet.
>>
>>53005738
I care about wielding a fuckhuge greatsword to fuck niggas up, monk style
>>
>>53005767
Too bad, use a longsword nigga.
>>
>>53005747
Depends on the setting
>>
>>53005767
How does one greatsword monk style? They didn't use them.
>>
>>53005818
Depends on the setting HOW? In 5e all of a paladin's powers come from their Oath.
>>
>>53005499
>Kensei Monk Wood Elf with Elven accuracy new meta!
>>
>>53005819
They didn't run up walls and over water as well, but they do in the game you smartass
>>
>>53005841
A DM can easily say that the oaths are directly linked to a God who witnesses them and grants power in acknowledgement.

It's this magical thing called DM's have final say in how their world operates. Personally I could care less its more for grogs who can't handle oaths giving you power.
>>
>>53005862
Alright, so in game.

Where they don't use them either.
>>
>>53005819
They do it the same way they channel fire and ice from their hands or channel the power of the sun.
>>
>>53005888
Until about 5 minutes ago GWM/PAM Kensei was a thing.
>>
>>53005887
>a DM can easily say

Ah yes because the entire point of Oaths was to make whether a paladin falls up to the DM's mood.
>>
>>53005499
>If you’re proficient with a simple or martial melee weapon, you can use it as a spellcasting focus for your bard spells.
Now we just need this for every other spellcaster that needs to use a weapon
>>
>>53005888
>x doesn't happen in your make believe game
>even though it was an option until just now
waste of trips
>>
File: laughter.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>53005887
>Personally I could care less
>>
>>53005923
Bringing us one step closer to Magus. And maybe the less cool Duskblade.
>>
File: 1450096813512.png (102KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
1450096813512.png
102KB, 500x442px
>>53000103
Running my first game as DM soon and while making some characters with my friends I managed to get coerced into giving the Artificer proficiency in Improvised Weapons because last character we played would throw something once a day to try and get the training necessary, and since his gimmick will be whipping potions at friends and foes I figured it'd work. Only problem is I have no idea what to doif he whips a healing potion at an ally with the intention of it breaking on them, but healing them due to contact. Would I just make him roll to hit, dish out damage die and then roll healing die and see if they cancel out? Or should I just give him the straight healing? Also probably gotta figure out how many glass shards it'll take to turn the ground into difficult terrain.
>>
>>53004304
It's also the only way to get extra swordwaifus.
>>
>>53005907
>>53005942
Never said it was a good thing but I've had to play in a game with that kind of DM, it's why I'm now forever DM.
>>
The new favored soul (second rework in the ua) seems very interesting to me. Are there are particularly potent combos you can make with sorcery points and the cleric spell list? Twinned guiding bolt seems great, silence, spiritual weapon, and the occasional heal seem awesome to have on a sorcerer as well.
>>
>>53005747
or, or it could be that I wanted to follow a god????
>>
>>53005907
Actually fall isn't a mechanic in this edition. A paladin losing their power by not following their oath is complete by homebrew.

So if your DM is going to just follow the rules in the book like 75% of others, then you are all good.
>>
>>53005898
Actually why is it not anymore? I never looked closely at kensei so I don't know what changed.
>>
>>53005737
I don't know what i want RIP
>>
So after many games playing non casters l finally decided to roll a wizard? How do l do it? How do l not fuck this up?
>>
>>53006017
Updated Kensei weapons can't be Heavy
>>
>>53006017
Ke said weapons used to be able to be Heavy. Now they aren't.
>>
>>53006024
put all points ever into int. that's about it, if you are created you are busted, if you aren't creative you are busted
>>
>>53005752
Note you can use the Spirit's Shield to reduce damage to you.
>>
File: DIE.jpg (25KB, 289x209px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.jpg
25KB, 289x209px
>dms that start the game at level 1
>>
>>53005752
There's now a pseudo way to be a tank in 5e.
>>
>read new UA
>huh wonder if they fixed the Arcane Archer
>you still have only two fucking shots per short rest
god fucking damn it WotC
at least the Barbarian is cool
>>
>make characters
>create thief v human with observant
>rolls for perception for mundane shit
>"everyone but the guy with 18 pp sees the guard walk into the room"
>ask to change feat since it's useless with no pp
>no, you made your choice
>>
>>53006008
Page 86 anon.
>>
>>53005947
Duskblade is much cooler than Magus because it didn't come from Pathfaggotry.
>>
So outside the DM letting you use it for moving things around is Giant Growth (The Mystic ability, not spell) actually good?

Other than the 5 foot Reach passive it really doesn't seem that great. I mean I guess you can grapple Dragons and such, but that seems like a good way to get your still Medium-size HP (+30, which isn't much at higher levels) ass mauled.
>>
>>53006072
>His DM doesn't run Death House, or Lost Mines of Phandelver

Anon, I'm so sorry
>>
>>53006072
I once started a game for brand new players at level 20. They just ended up doing the same things they would've done if they were level 1, including dying in completely avoidable ways. It was still fun though.
>>
>>53006084
kill yourself, roll new character
>>
>>53006072
Stay mad fuck boi
>>
>>53005499
Not bad.

>Ancestral barb is basically an MMO style tank
>Blade bard is just an angrier Valor bard
>Arcane Archer is almost Battlemaster tier (free +1 magic weapon is great, but only 2 shot uses per short rest kinda sucks)
>Kensei is a lot clearer
>Favored Soul is solid, pretty much in line with Draconic
>>
>>53006084
Even adventurer's league lets you retrain characters up to 4th level. That's just being a hardass.
>>
>>53006130
There's the moral effect.
There's also the combo with that less than Tiny discipline to enter someone's ass then grow to Huge inside them
>>
File: Wizards on Muskets.png (11KB, 274x133px) Image search: [Google]
Wizards on Muskets.png
11KB, 274x133px
>>53006176
Would you say they are fit for printing?
>>53006189
Al is funny.
>>
>>53006205
>didn't capitalize the L in AL

Fuck you anon, I thought you were talking about artificial intelligence for a second. Thought I was in the wrong thread.
>>
>>53006098
Duskblade can't even spellbook, all schools,or 6th level spells.

Indeed 5e's EK seems to actually be DB
>>
>>53006130
If you are Immortal, just use your ASI on Con and Str, and use pic related.
>>
>>53006252
The Duskblade's whole thing is being as close to a pure damage gish as you can be.
>>
What's a way to give a homebrew ranger conclave some extra spells at 3rd level that's not too overpowered?

I considered "you gain a single bonus 1st-level spell slot when you complete a short rest or a long rest (doesn't stack)" but considering at this stage the warlock has two spells per short rest total it seemed like it would be stealing its thunder. Meanwhile if I were to, say, make it 1/day instead of 1/rest, or if I were to restrict it to only the bonus spells granted by the conclave, that seems TOO restrictive.

Another alternative is to give the ranger a couple cantrips instead.

Thoughts?
>>
File: fitlit.png (145KB, 804x682px) Image search: [Google]
fitlit.png
145KB, 804x682px
>>53006303
Damn.
>>
File: Spirit Mecha.jpg (122KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit Mecha.jpg
122KB, 1241x900px
>>53006130
You can always refluff it.
>>
>>53005499
Will there be more of these for other UA subclasses?
>>
I can't wait for summer when my group will have time to play more than once a month.
>>
>>53006316
Once per long rest they can cast X spell (whatever you want said spell to be that fits with the flavor of the homebrew conclave) as a 1st level spell without burning a Ranger spell slot.
>>
>>53006310
And on the other hand Magus is more like a wizard that decided weapons, armor, and being able to take a hit was worth losing some spellcasting.

As well as essentially having some sorcerer and warlock features, SP (AP) and Invocations

They are the gishiest gish.
>>
>>53006349
Well I already was going to but looking over the list I'm already having to pick and choose my disciplines carefully to get all the ones I want. I suppose I could swap it out for Psionic Restoration, but being able to heal (And even revive if need be) seems a lot more important than becoming BIGLY YUGE for a minute.
>>
File: 1478021351865.jpg (12KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478021351865.jpg
12KB, 214x200px
>>53006349
>>
>>53006205
Almost. Favored Soul and Ancestral barb are pretty much ready. Arcane Archer should get a third use per short rest at some point, but I guess it's passable as it is. Kensei is basically fine, although all those extra weapon proficiencies as you level seem like a waste of time to me. Blade bard is too similar to Valor bard to bother releasing in my opinion.
>>
>>53006375
Actually looking at what I want the feature to accomplish I think my only option is to give them some cantrips. But thanks for your input!
>>
Seems kind of dumb even the Longbow is no longer an option for Kensai.
>>
>>53006084
Tell the DM to read the damn PHB and do stealth properly and explain how perception works.

Perception is shit - It gives DMs the illusion that they should hide important information and content behind perception checks all the time 'because rolling is good, right?'
It serves no real purpose.

'Oh, you didn't see the trap or check for traps every 5 minutes, you sprung the trap. Serves you right.'

Perception should be removed. Passive perception should stay. All 'serach' type things should use investigation, whether it's to detect an invisible enemy (I mean it's already used for illusions) or regular investigation stuff.

In fact, grapples should have their own 'grapple modifier', stealth should have its own 'stealth modifier' and passive perception should be 'awareness' or something. All of these should not be something you can simply get proficiency in as your background/class skills, because they're directly combat related. Instead, they can key off of two attributes instead of one and anybody who gets expertise can choose one of the three to add proficiency to.
>>
>first time playing
>DM makes me roll for stats
>10, 15, 10, 10, 13, 10
>worst rolls of the group
>well, it's ok l guess
>make a fighter
>doing ok
>mid game, DM's girlfriend shows up
>"can l play?"
>rolls, literally no ability score under 15
>"hmm, l'm gonna make a fighter"
>can't "accidentally" kill my character off because the setting has a bullshit "return to the bonfire" equivalent revival system
haha d&d is fun
>>
>>53006456
They specifically said Longbow is an option despite being Heavy.
>>
>>53006456
It literally says "The longbow is also a valid choice"
>>
>>53006456
>The longbow is a valid choice.
Uh, are you ok anon?
>>
>>53006467
Your character one night just wanders of feeling inadequate no one sees them ever again.

Reroll new character.
>>
>>53006467
>Rolling for stats
You had your chance to quit right then and there.

You can probably express your disinterest for playing a fighter considering 'The class is mostly about putting out numbers, and your numbers are lower than everyone else's, and it's boring, but I wouldn't mind playing a different class with the same stats' and then if they force you to keep your stats you can play moon druid or wizard or something that doesn't care much about stats.

If the DM doesn't let you do this they're a colossal faggot.

Also
>Characters can't die
>>
File: IMG_0503.png (538KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0503.png
538KB, 650x600px
>>53006330
>filename

Mein neger
>>
>>53006414
Just because you have more magical shit doesn't mean it's easier to balance.

The Duskblade's thing was that they could dump spells into their weapon and deal shit tons of damage when they smacked someone with said weapon, because they rolled damage die for weapon and the spell itself.
>>
>>53006467
Just do a McCree fighter.
>>
>>53005765
I think it's pretty apparent that since they are being revised, these are going to be in the next handbook provided the reworks are well received. They may already have a rework for 4elements and don't feel they need any feedback on it, probably since people have been saying exactly what they don't like about it since release.
>>
>>53006467
Tell your DM that you'd like to roll a new character. If he asks why then just be honest and tell him that the other player is stepping on your toes.
>>
>>53006557
That's a valid point but based on their initial release after "feedback" from testing I hardly trust them to type out UAs for play testing let alone a tweak and release without having the community look at it since they've shown they know fuck all about it.
>>
>>53006467
Kill your character by getting trapped in a cave in or strapped to a cannon and sent to the bottom of the bottom of the ocean with a ring of waterbreathing.
>>
>>53006083
Disappointed in this as well. Don't remember what the old options for arrows were, but it seems they trimmed them down and you're expected to use them for utility more than big damage. Also is curving shot new?
>>
>>53005692
The last weekly UA was last week. This is the first of the new set of monthly UA.
>>
>>53005983
Bump, anyone tried this?
>>
Actually holy shit who actually does this

>Rolling for stats in a game where a character will never die

This is some Boku no Pico Academia shit right here.
'YOU get powers. YOU get powers. And you.. Will live your life forever being irrelevant.'
>>
Can Changelings (UA race) mimic clothing?

Their Polymorph says it doesn't affect your clothes you're already wearing, presumably to prevent shapeshifting some Platemail, but what if my "clothes" are fake to begin with?
>>
>>53006548
I know. The Magus as was cannot be in 5e. I'm not sure really how it could be done.

The Duskblade on the other hand seems pretty textbook half caster, though they'd be dropping Cantrips for 5th Level Spells in essence, because Eldritch Knight is already established even if acting like a Duskblade and they need some distinctions.

An alternate half caster using a spellbook is acceptable and probably less of a headache than the real magus as well.

I've spent far too much autism on such gishing thoughts.
>>
>>53006577
>"l want to roll another character because l feel l'm not as usefull as l wanted to be because of my shit stats"
>"well life is not fair, you have to deal with your rolls"
that's how he would react, honestly.
Should l just quit?
>>
>>53005973
I know how you feel man. When you can't find a good DM, the only DM you can rely on is yourself.
>>
File: 1456958920439.jpg (115KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1456958920439.jpg
115KB, 413x395px
>>53006638
>'YOU get powers. YOU get powers. And you.. Will live your life forever being irrelevant.'
>>
>>53006671
>that reaction
Yeah, just fucking run dude, it isn't worth it.
>>
>>53006609
How would l even manage to do this without my intentions being obvious? Also how can l get a ring of water breathing?
>>
>>53006083
>>53006611

Yeah, but now you can at least decide to Arcane Shot after hitting. Way better than "uh, you missed your exploding arrow so now it's gone".

(Might still wanna give it INT uses/short rest.)
>>
>>53006671
What's stranger to me is that you picked a fighter instead of something that'd properly use your low rolls, if you intended to play in a rolling for stats game.
>>
>>53006671
I know this is a hard decision to make, but I say you should leave if you have a DM that doesn't care if everyone playing the game is happy or not.
>>
>>53006713
l'm a new player and fighter seemed like the most straightfoward and simple option. Also l didn't know rolling for stats was that terrible.
>>
>>53006671
>life is not fair

True. However in real life you can find ways to train your 'stats' and there are no ASI limits.
>>
>>53006471
>>53006478
>>53006506

So it does, my bad. Still I feel the no heavy weapons cuts off several that seem appropriate like the glaive.
>>
>>53006671
Fuuuck, man. That's bullshit.

>tell my (mostly new) players they can change anytime they want between sessions up to level five so they're happy with what they want to play with
>after five they can only change after a level up

Feels good to appreciate my players and prefer they enjoy playing my campaign rather than shitting on them.
>>
>>53006747
What did you do with them?

15 DEX and 13 CON work just fine on a v. human or half elf fighter. Apply racials to get them to 16 and 14 respectively, and that's all your character needs.
>>
>>53006671
>"well life is not fair, you have to deal with your rolls"
>"well this ain't life, it's a game and I'm not having fun. if you don't care about your players having fun, I'm sorry but I guess I'll leave, then"
>>
So what warlock spells can you cast, take a short rest, and still have it going? So far my warlock's morning ritual is cast Armor of Agathys and Hex, then take a short rest over breakfast.
>>
>>53006660
Some other anon homebrewed up a port of the Duskblade to 5th. I never saved the PDF of it, but the guy did seem to browse /5eg/ fairly often, so you might get lucky and have him post it, or another anon might've saved it.

If memory serves it was a half caster progression, with the archetypes focusing on either a "true gish" (they got healing spells along with arcane), a damage-focused one, and a stealthy one.
>>
File: 1467154785772.png (320KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
1467154785772.png
320KB, 625x351px
>>53006684
It kinda sucks since I have a couple character ideas I really want to play. Hopefully the one player, who's pretty good, likes the one shot he's setting up and offers to make a campaign once this is done.

If not at least I know people are having fun.
>>
>>53006828
Not Armor of Agathys, which only lasts 1 hour.
>>
>>53006828
Aid (Multiclasses).
Suggestion.

Armor of agathys only lasts one hour.
Hex is tricky because you need a rat or something to cast it on, and then it's concentration anyway. Unless you hate a player.
>>
>>53006623
No one one just tried it because the revised version just came out you jackass
>>
>>53005597
>I believe this solves all that controversy with what is a kensai weapon
There wasn't controversy back then though, Crawford said Kensai weapons werent monk weapons and if you hold a kensai weapon you forget how to monk. They changed the whole subclass once they realized how counterintuitive, and kinda shitty, it was
>>
>>53006467
If you may not die a death of the body then you may yet still die a death of the mind. Such is the curse of the Dark Sign.
>>
>We're so afraid monks are able to do damage even when the can't that we still hinder them
Thanks wotc, being the firsts (from the bottom) in damage is trully an acomplismente from 3.5
>>
>>53006815
I made a stout halfling, shield and sword.
>>
>>53006834
>homebrew

Yeah I have been slowly trying that with magus. Partly as an exercise in figuring out class making and porting. Both a true magus and an arcane half caster. It's very painful.
>>
>>53006611
Here's the change list as far as I can tell:

>Create Magic Arrow is gone, now you can just buff any arrow you use to be +1 whenever you attack
>Arcane Shots can be used whenever you fire a buffed arrow, meaning buffing arrows and using arcane shots are independent
>Archer's Lore is now much more limited for some reason
>Curving Shot replaced the old Conjure Arrows
>Deadly Arrow is gone and its effect has been folded into the descriptions of each Arcane Shot

Okay, now the change list for the Arcane shots

>Beguiling Arrow removed
>Banishing Arrow added
>Brute Bane Arrow now halves the damage of ALL attacks, not just physical damage. Now has a CON saving throw.
>Bursting Arrow basically unchanged
>Defending Arrow removed
>Grasping Arrow changed from a DC 10 Strength check to a Strength(Athletics) check vs. your Arcane Arrow DC
>Mind Scrambling Arrow added, essentially the same as the old Beguiling Arrow
>Piercing Arrow changed from a separate attack on each enemy in the line to a DEX saving throw
>Seeking Arrow is now a DEX saving throw instead of an attack. You no longer need to be within line of sight to learn the enemy's location.
>Shadow Arrow now has a WIS saving throw to avoid the effect, but the range of the targets vision is reduced to 5 ft instead of 30
>>
>>53006969
Read the new one and read Sharpshooter again
>>
>>53006980
Which sword, Rapier? You put the 15 into Dexterity?
>>
>>53007012
You should apply that to you
You deal 2d8+20+10+2d4
Rest of ranged martials deal more because they either have more attacks than just 2 or have sneak attack
>>
>>53006993
I know someone also did a homebrew port of Magus to 5e, but the last time I saw it was months ago.
>>
>>53006844
I suppose I'm lucky that my players don't mind that I live vicariously through my NPCs, my favorite of which is just an immortal commoner that they've likewise taken a liking to.
>>
>>53007012
>Rogue deals 2d6+10d6+30+15
>Ranger deals 5d8+50+25
>Fighter deals 4d8+40+20+4d12
Mmmm gonna still say monk is behind every other martial in damage because you only make two attacks with a 2d4
>>
File: 1365812965578.jpg (23KB, 411x292px) Image search: [Google]
1365812965578.jpg
23KB, 411x292px
This might be a very stupid thing, but I want to add a "witcher" theme to an upcoming summer campaign, and I was thinking of giving the players an easy way to create various potions and oils, which would need to be used ahead of time and not in the fight itself, so they'd have to know what they're up against using tracking, investigation and their brains.

For example I was thinking of letting them create Oil of Sharpness (DMG page 184) which instead only functions against a specific enemy type, like dragons, or undead, or vampires, or giants etc. Obviously it would be much cheaper and easier to make than the regular thing.
Another thing I was considering was letting them make potions like Black Blood, which would poison any enemy using a bite attack, but the potion itself would have to be used slowly during a short rest, and if the players tried to drink it all at once in combat they would suffer the effects of a "Potion of Poison" (DMG) instead.

Is it stupid?
>>
>>53007045
Don't forget that with the new Precise Strike you can add your martial arts die to your attacks in exchange for ki. In other words, a ranged kensei monk is basically a ranged paladin who gets back smites on a short rest.
>>
>>53007006
Thanks for compiling that, helpful.
>>
>>53007114
Sounds neat and would reward players for staying engaged.
>>
>>53007054
I probably have it. I've looked at several that for one reason or another dudn't feel right. Danddwiki (i know its trash) had the most hilarious in that they were built on stolen EK and Wizard features.

Were I to find the right level balance for a multiclass Fighter/Wizard or Wizard/Fighter I would just do that and give the Arcane Half Caster gap a rest for a while.
>>
>>53007129
Don't forget you can only do that once per turn, woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah an extra 1d8? awesome
Let me add it, 2d8+20+10+2d4+1d8

Yep, still behind
>>
>>53007045
It's 2d10 (monk weapons now) + 20 (sharpshooter) + 10 (dex) + 6 (Sharpen the Blade) + 2d4 + 1d10 (Precision Strike)
>>
>>53005968
Roll to hit. 1 damage. Roll healing die.
>>
>>53007129
Except paladin can do it on every attack
Except paladin ends adding 5d8
Except paladin gets +1d8 free on every attack ever at 11th level
>>
>>53003421
>implying my group takes short rests
hahaha, funny
>>
>>53007160
>>53007176
Fuck that 2d4, you can use a d10 Hand Crossbow as a Kensei now.

3d10+30+10+9+1d10
>>
>>53007176
Lets use the rogue
2d6+10d6+20+10 = 72

Your monk
2d10+20+10+6+2d4+1d10 = 57.5
>>
>>53007160
>>53007188
Ah, I misread it as being able to spend multiple ki points. Nowhere as good as I thought.

Still, that and Sharpen the Blade are a bit more damage.
>>
One of my players ordered a Shaman King character concept..

So.. totem path barbarian warrior?
>>
What would be the best class to play if I wanted to be a cute witch? Warlock?
Shadow Sorcerer? Death Cleric? One of the wizard schools?
>>
How good is a Serpentine owl as a mount? Can I pair it with call lightning to rain death from above?
>>
>>53007262
Define best, are you asking mechanicaly or flavor wise?
>>
>>53007276
Mostly flavor-wise.
>>
>>53007028
Yes and yes. 15 into dex and 13 into wis.
>>
File: Duskblade port to 5e - v7.pdf (765KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Duskblade port to 5e - v7.pdf
765KB, 1x1px
>>53007151
Turns out I actually did save the Duskblade homebrew (found it in my "questionable homebrews" folder), so feel free to look at it for ideas/inspiration.

Or at least ideas on what not to do.
>>
>>53007233
You mean 3d10+30+15+6+1d10 for 73, right? Martial Arts works with the kensei weapons now, a hand crossbow is a valid choice, and Sharpshooter + Crossbow Expert exist.
>>
File: 1490473068922.png (563KB, 960x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1490473068922.png
563KB, 960x1021px
>>53007262
I'm currently playing a cute witch as a Wild Magic Sorc.

But that's for character reasons because she actually kind of sucks at magic, so her spellcasts come out wrong a lot of the time.

Pic related, she's cute.
>>
>>53007262
Wizard.

No need to be charismatic or wise. Just know stuff.
Don't wear armour, just have a book and do witchey spell shit, having a familiar, et cetera.
>>
>>53007284
Flavor can be whatever you want.

>>53007254
What is a shaman king and how do you do it with Barbarian, the class that only has 2 class abilities.
>>
>>53007226
The Hand Crossbow is a d6
The d10 Heavy Crossbow is, guess what, Heavy.
>>
File: Ghost_Hand.jpg (26KB, 140x176px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Hand.jpg
26KB, 140x176px
One of my Players LOVES mage hand and I want to design a puzzle based around it for him.

Any ideas?
>>
>>53007284
Flavor can be made to fit what ever, go wizard.
>>
>>53007310
>>53007363
Well, the class matters 'cause it affects which spells and abilities I have. I want them to feel suitably witchy but not, y'know, evil.

>>53007309
Which school would be best for that, though? None of them seem quite right.
>>
>>53007352
Martial arts.
>>
>>53007354
Make an energy orb that when touched by Mage Hand sends an information rush that drains his WIS by 2 permanently, no save. He'll love it.
>>
>>53007288
Alright. CON would've been better but it's fine, so you're halfway there.

So here's what you'll do: you tell your DM that it feels kind of redundant to have two frontline fighters in the party like this, so you want to change your Fighting Style to Archery.

So you do that, and on 3rd pick Battle Master.

And on 4th you grab Crossbow Expert and a Hand Crossbow.

On 6th you grab Sharpshooter.

And at level 12 you finish topping off your DEX and you're now the highest DPR in the game. Congratulations.

And since you've got 13 WIS you could MC into Ranger for Horde Breaker to get an extra conditional attack, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>53007368
Well wizard has access to the widest range of spells so, if you're looking for witchy then it'll depend on what type. Lots of necrotic find the school that lets you choose that, want a crystal ball style witch go divination, want a blaster witch evocation.
>>
>>53007304
>I'm playing cute Rincewind
I'm surprisingly OK with this.
>>
>>53007368
Transmutation seems most appropriate but it's not awfully good.
Divination works more on the fortune teller side.
Abjuration probably works mroe as a witch-doctor type.
Necromancy.. Is for necromancy, could work.
Enchantment is a good idea if you want a more charismatic or manipulative person.
Conjuration likely has some broad applicable uses.
Illusion doesn't seem too suitable, but you can use it for various means, show people floating visions and evocation doesn't seem too suitable.

I'd say to refluff where appropriate and not worry about it too much because the moe witchly thing is all the rituals and spells.
>>
>>53007352
Kensei weapons are now monk weapons anon. That means martial arts works with them.
>>
>>53007425
I'm actually a piece of shit who hasn't read Discworld, but reading the wiki article, that's spot on.
>>
>>53007288
>>53007406
Alternatively if the DM doesn't let you change your Fighting Style pick, MC 2 levels into Ranger to grab Archery from there.

But getting to Fighter 6 for Battle Master, Extra Attack, and your 2 Feats is the priority.
>>
>>53007354
Maybe something that takes the weight limit into consideration. Like having to do a water jug puzzle via Mage Hand and the trick is doing it without accidentally going over the weight limit at some point.
>>
>>53007354
The party gets trapped in a room, the only way to activate the puzzle pieces that will free them is through a small opening where he can look through and use mage hand.
>>
>>53007299
You're sacrificing two feats though, and monk needs Dex, Wis a lot because you can't rely on armor at all like other classes and you don't have more feats like Fighters or Rogues.

Still, the vast majority of Rogue's damage goes to the attack it hits, if you miss one attack the Rogue will outdamage you

And this without taking into account crits or rogue features. And lets not talk about 4 attacks plus maneuvers Fighter or 5 ranged attacks Ranger, I was using the other bad at dpr martial
>>
>>53006658
I would say no, but mostly because I like the RP potential of changelings having to at least put some legwork into perfect mimicry, or at least coming up with alternatives to being dressed like who they're mimicking (disguise kit, stealing their clothes or similar ones, using Deception to explain why they're dressed differently to those who care, etc.)
>>
>>53007354
The players have to make their way through a labyrinth or maze. There's a model of said labyrinth in miniature in an adjoining room, covered in a Wall of Force-like barrier so they can't reach into it from above, but the Mage Hand can make it through.

The party is forced to split up, though they stay relatively close. There are a few traps in the real labyrinth that can only be disarmed in the model at the corresponding spots, and a few traps in the model that can only be disarmed in the real labyrinth. Triggering a trap usually summons a few monsters--nothing lethal, but tough enough that it's a pain to fight them without the whole party present.

That might be too ambitious, though.

>>53007434
Yeah, I think transmutation would be the best.

I'm not terribly concerned with being optimal. Not to sound like I'm Stormwinding here, but I just tend to find optimal characters boring.
>>
>>53007262
Depends on the flavor of witch. Personally, I think it could work if you went for a Mystic Theurge with the Death or Grave domain, since you would be playing an "evil" witch without being beholden to the will of an actually evil god.
>>
>>53005968
dont you have to drink a potion?
>>
>>53007384
I remember this from an earlier thread.
>>
>>53007304

I did a similar thing in one of my friend's games. I played a Psionic Wizard and fluffed Find Familiar as the Psionic half of his powers who was looking out for him and trying to protect him. He wasn't a great wizard and occasionally tried to use a spear with very little luck. When he did hit, I always described the action as a fumble. Like he tripped and just happened to be holding the weapon in the right spot during it.
>>
>>53001558
Barbarian, so you can all use the new UA.
>>53003712
You can ritual cast while someone else takes a short rest though.
>>
>>53007467
At least do yourself the favor of reading Colour of Magic, Mort, and Guards Guards. Maybe Hogswatchnight.
>>
>>53007549
Yes.
>>
>>53007114
You've never read the books and don't know shit about what the witcher is about. Adding oils and elixirs to your game doesn't give it a witcher theme, it's just a mechanic that is also present in other stories, games, and settings.
>>
>>53007582
Yeah, it was me. I'm still mad.
>>
>>53007501
>the other bad at dpr martial

Rogue has better DPR than Ranger. Rogues are neck to neck with Barbarians in normal circumstances, yet scale better with party synergy.

Rangers only get good DPR in niche situations.
>>
Why does it take as much money to get a silvered weapon as a +1 weapon in settings where both are available?
I understand +1 weapons are rarer, but it feels like silvering weapons should be closer to 25-75 gp.
>>
>>53007630
This isn't Ghostbusters, we don't need a gatekeeper.
>>
>>53007294
>"questionable homebrews" folder
Mind sharing that folder?
>>
>>53007546
I'm picturing much more of a friendly witch.
>>
>>53007539
It'd seem weird to not have fun with optimal characters considering that generally 'optimal' characters have higher skill ceilings and a larger variety of things they can do, whereas the not-optimal ones tend to be shit like standing around as a fighter just dishing out high numbers instead.

If transmutation's feature was 95% useless like bladelock's, it'd just mean there's even less you can do.

As a matter of fact, I can see a few uses for transmutation, since you can effectively turn stone and iron into flimsy wood.
>>
File: sweat.gif (1MB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.gif
1MB, 212x212px
>>53007539
>tfw I've already done almost this exact scenario

it was a bit more complex than what you described and suffered dramatically because of it
>>
File: Capture.png (362KB, 567x553px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
362KB, 567x553px
>>53007513
Yeah I've instead gone for something of a middle ground, where the character makes their own clothing, a set of tattered robes, but can't copy other people's (without DM approval)

I'm remaking a previous GOOlock character as a Mystic since it's a much better fit and the Disguise Self at will shenanigans was a big part of the character's theme, and the best way to get that as Mystic is to pick Changeling despite it not being that great statwise.
>>
>>53007653
There are specialized procedures to silver a weapon without it weighing the sword incorrectly or making it lose its cutting edge and all that.

And the PHB doesn't really assume you definitely will get magic items like +1 swords.
>>
>>53007658
Not really, mainly because a third of them are personal homebrews that will probably never be balanced or things that I want to see the light of day.

And it's questionable in the sense of balance, not in terms of lewdness.
>>
>>53007606
She actually claims to be incredibly powerful, and constantly condescends on the rest of the party.

She has also started nearly every combat we've been in with a spellcast.

It's always fun for everyone to be arguing about what to do in a conversation with some baddies, and just shout "I cast witch-bolt" above the din.

>>53007611
I should, but to be perfectly honest, I haven't read any books at all in ages. Just been bogged down with so many things.
>>
>>53005499
>Blade's flourish is a special action
>Blade's flourish is the only way they get extra attack.
>Blade can choose TWF.
Why? Why in the everliving fuck of godawful rules, why?
>>
>>53007717
>"I cast witch-bolt"
Well, you've got the "sucks at magic" part down pat.
>>
How good is a Serpentine owl as a mount? Can I pair it with call lightning to rain death from above? What other spells (Druid) would combo well with a flying mount?
>>
>>53007732
>literally has witch in the name
why wouldn't I take it on a witch?

Come on, dude, I'm playing a fucking Wild Magic Sorcerer. It's pretty clear I'm not in this for the min-max.
>>
So /5eg/ how do you describe wizard training in your games?

Is it wizard homeschooling where a Wizard trains 1 or 2 apprentices and make them do all sorts of housework between memorizing Draconic and all sorts of spell formula?

Or is it totally NotHogwarts! where a whole bunch of kids get taken from their family to go learn magic in a boarding school environment and try to avoid becoming victim to typical child abuse scenarios by the staff and older students?

Do you do something different for Wizards of different races? Do Elf Wizards have to sit around listening to great uncle Elrond's 1000th retelling of the time that he should've killed that fucking human and thrown the ring in the volcano.

Or does Corellon/Sehanine/Elder Fae just visit the elves in their reverie and train them via meditation and communion with the divine?
>>
>>53007706
I read the reasoning, im just saying silvering should be lower or magic swords should be higher, and i honestly dont care which.
>>
>>53007787
Well, you can usually always find someone to silver a weapon, but you can't find a +1 weapon so easily, so there's that.

And some +1 weapons would benefit from being silvered.
>>
>>53007729
Because the people at Wizards no doubt thought it would only make sense that you could bonus action to attack with your off-hand weapon if you're taking the Blade Flourish action just like it's an Attack action, and because it made such a basic level of sense to them they figured no one else would question this like you and so forgot or saw no need to shove the exception into the UA.

This is a really easy fix, son.
>>
>>53006083
You get magic arrows, curving shot, and using your arrows is not a bonus action and you can use them without having to hope you roll high enough to hit afterwards now, so it's more balanced with BM than it was. The actual number of magical effects is unchanged, but they've been rebalanced too. It's not shit compared to the BM anymore.

At least it isn't Sharpshooter
>>
i've never played DnD before is combat on horseback a thing
>>
File: IMG_0981.jpg (90KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981.jpg
90KB, 600x547px
>>53007844
Yes
>>
>>53007862
ok
>>
>>53006425
Blade bard can use its inspirations on itself, and I think there's a niche for that, but Blade is not ready for print.
>>
>>53006607
This.

Look at all the great subclasses they wrote up for SCAG without a public playtest for them.
>>
>>53007673
Well, lemme put it this way: I know that there's nothing stopping a more powerful character from coming up with a clever solution to a problem rather than just charging at the enemy and using their class features. Part of what I like is removing the latter option, at least to an extent. Forces me to think on my feet, which is what I enjoy most about combat (which is itself not exactly my favorite part of TTRPGs).

>>53007687
More complex how? I thought what I proposed was plenty complex already.
>>
How broken would a class that gets multiple critical range increases be? I know it would out class champion, but yknow, fuck champion.
>>
>>53006931
>and if you hold a kensai weapon you forget how to monk
He actually said "holding and wielding means just what the dictionary says/you think they mean" which is his usual kind of non-answer for stupid questions.
>>
>>53007996
>I know it would out class champion
Not necessarily. The base fighter is a pretty strong chassis.
>>
>>53007809
Would it? I don't see any resistances that are bypassed by silver that aren't bypassed by magical weapons as well.
>>
>>53000103
So I'm making a new character for a new campaign. The idea is that our characters are disciples of the gods or something. We're using the pantheon from Forgotten Realms.

I chose to be the 'disciple' of Tymora because I'm a sucker for 'lucky' archetypes. As such, I have decided to be a Halfling because they have cool flavor and fit so well into the archetype.

The one thing I'm having trouble with is trying to find a class for my guy. I want to try and stay away from a rogue and bard because I recently have been playing both. Maybe a Divination Wizard or a Wild Magic Sorcerer? Champion also fits kinda well with the improved critical and stuff but it, like wild magic, is not that great.

So far the rest of the party is: a warlock, a battlemaster, a cleric, and we might have one other person but idk if they'll come or what they'll play.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>53007970
Well for starters, they could not directly interact with the model. There were only unlabled switches where only 2 could be active at a time.

Each switch corresponded to a door ID (door A, door B, etc) of which there were multiple for each ID.

Flipping switch B opened all B doors but closed the doors that were opened 2 switches ago.

Keeping track of it all fucking sucked. It was a god damned nightmare at first but after getting the hang of it my players actually made it through
>>
>>53007970
There are class features that enable you to do things you otherwise couldn't do, and class features that just make you better at charging and hitting.

Bard and wizard and druid are praised as optimal picks not because they're good at 'just charging at the enemy and using their class features'.
The wizard's main utility is rituals, and they should figure out when best to apply those. They also have a limited stock of spell slots to use and a variety of utility spells, and are less well suited to just bruteforce killing everything.
Bards are good with skills, and that just means that creative ideas you come up with are more likely to succeed rather than be denied because you rolled poorly. Then they obviously have spellcasting and other support abilities. Not very good at just bruteforce running in and hitting things with their class abilities.
Druid, again, has spellcasting, with interesting ones such as spike growth. Their wildshape is probably one of the most 'brute-forcey' things here as you just turn into a big meatball of health, but this also makes you think because you have to make the most of being a big meatball. Grappling enemies, getting in their way. And you can also use wildshape to steal creature utility or come up with creative solutions a creature could apply.

Then there's a suboptimal pick - PHB ranger. Your class abilities don't, uhh, do much. You have spellcasting, but it's the worst. You just.. Shoot a few arrows?
>>
>>53008018
if you wield a non monk weapon you forget about martial arts, a kensai (a monk who uses kensai weapons) used to forgot how to monk when he used a kensai weapon, and there was a feature from kensai that forced you to attack with unarmed attack. The thing is, now that doesn't happen anymore, but then you couldn't use martial arts, or deal better unarmed damage, etc.
>>
>>53008071
Don't fucking play lucky halflind divination wizards

It's annoying as shit and nobody at your table will have fun
>>
>>53007501
>if you miss one attack
If you miss one attack, reroll it for free. If you have 20 dex and 16 or 18 wis, you still have better AC than the rogue. I'm not sure if I would pick the handcrossbow feat over 20 wis or not, though, since sharpshooter with a longbow is so much longer range, and you can fight in melee just fine anyway.
>>
>>53007996
Could be risky depending on the class. Generally, the more dice it gets on attacks, the riskier it is to give them more crits.

>fuck champion

What's wrong with Champion?
>>
>>53008071
Halfling Divination Wizard with the Lucky feat.
Be the meme.
>>
>>53008156
Oh, I mean, if you're playing just a plain fighter with no utility, you're limited by mundane bounds. And while some people would say they'd like that, trying to handle items very thoroughly is a massive pain and is still limited. You could set up bells to set up alarm-like traps, but wizard just gives you an easy version of that that doesn't require more fucking around, but keeps the important aspect of knowing when to use it.
>>
>>53008071
Divination Wizard, and talk to your DM to let you use the racial feats.
>>
>>53007611
>Hogswatchnight.
Is it named that where you're from? My locality just calls it Hogfather.
>>
I've been trying to find a way to balance the core Sorcerer vs the core Wizard. Sorcerer just seems too underwhelming. My idea was:

lvl 10 and 17
Gain two metamagic abilities instead of one
lvl 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15
Gain two spells known instead of one
lvl 20 capstone
You gain 6 extra sorcery points (26 total), you regain 6 expended sorcery points every short rest
Also access to the full wizard spell list to learn spells from

This way you increase sorcerer utility by giving them
6 out of 8 metamagic options instead of 4
21 spells known vs the wizard's 46 default (up to 25 prepared)
A capstone that is actually useful and balances against the Wizard's Spell Mastery/Signature spell

Is this too overpowered?
>>
>>53008040
Ok. An amendment to my original statement then: how broken would a rogue or fighter subclass that gets multiple CRIS and maybe a limited selection of battlemaster maneuvers
>>
>>53008237
Really? I always felt sorc had the stronger spell list.
>>
>Level 8
>Battlemaster Fighter, Valor Bard, Wild sorcerer and War Cleric
>Out of the Abyss
What do I play?
>>
>>53007811
Let me know when you're allowed to TWF after whirlwind attack, boy. This issue has been around for years. We already know the RAW answer.
>>
>>53008156
I don't mean "charge and hit" in a literal sense. I mean "use class features in a straightforward way".

E.g. filling a dragon's lair with lamp oil while it sleeps, then lighting the oil on fire and collapsing the cave entrance (or using a Wall of Force) until the dragon suffocates.
>>
>>53008198
It commits the double crime of both being boring as fuck and mechanically inferior to Battle Master, who puts out more damage and has more utility.

Champion is only good for very niche multiclass (crit-fishing) builds and for players that don't want to engage with game mechanics.
>>
>>53008237
What, do you think, is the problem with sorcerer (especially compared to wizard)?
>>
>>53008264
I believe they are the same except the wizard gets access to like 20% more spells
>>
>>53008198
Champion is the class that you recommend to people who want to "play" DnD, by which I mean sit at the table and not engage with the roleplaying, and sit on their phone/laptop until their turn in combat.

This isn't necessarily bad, it's just boring and I don't like it.
>>
>>53008264
I'm pretty sure sorcerer's list is just a subset of wizard's list
>>
Critfishing now became far better

>Wood Elf Kensei Monk 17/Champion fighter 3
>Elven Accuracy feat
>Kensei Unerring Accuracy
>>
>>53008223
>>53008202
I don't really want to be That Guy though. Everyone has kind of agreed to run at more of a thematic level. While the Divination Wizard is fun, I'd like something else to look at.

>>53008180
Could you give me a suggestion then instead of just telling me to fuck off? It works thematically and is a strong choice, can you give me another option that fulfills that?
>>
>>53008287
Champion is good for high level half-orc fighters with the GWM feat and a lot of support from the party, or any fighter with an OP magic item like Hazirawn. It's an incredibly tiny niche compared to BM's niche of every fucking kind of fighter.
>>
>>53008324
Sorc gets several buff spells I would KILL for on my control wizard.
>>
>>53007114
>>53007630
Guys, what's a good effective way to do a witcher character with the PHB options?

Also, not related but there's a way to do a Demi-Fiend in 5e?
>>
>>53008071
Combine Wild Mage with Favoured Soul. Cast divine magic randomly.
>>
>>53008319
Metamagic feels limiting when you only get 4 at max
Limit of 15 spells known means one per spell level plus 6 extra which sorta forces them to ignore utility.
Their capstone is trash.
Their archetypes aren't great.

Overall I get that Wizards are utility over raw damage but sorcerer is a bit too constrained on the utility front. Also Wizard gets unlimited use of specific lvl 1 and 2 spells (shield and blur gives you essentially permenant +5 AC and gives attackers disadvantage) and two 3rd lvl spells per short rest while Sorcerer gets effectively two 1st level spells per short rest
>>
>>53008356
which?
>>
>>53008356
Like what?
>>
>>53008319
It's been discussed before.

Essentially, it comes down to versatility. Not only do wizards get a bigger spell list and the ability to swap out all of their spells every single day, but they also have access to a wider variety of spells at a time.

Like, it might be fair if when the sorcerer has 15 spells but they're locked into those spells more or less forever, the wizard has 10 spells and can swap them out with any spells in their spellbook each day. But as it is, at 20th level the sorcerer has 15 spells available at any given time and the wizard has 25. And thanks to Arcane Recovery, the wizard also gets more spells per day.

The sorcerer has Metamagic, which isn't nothing; and generally speaking their class features are a bit more impressive, but they're both hamstrung by the fact that they draw from sorcery points, which are very limited. While the sorcerer can use Flexible Casting to gain bonus spells per day comparable to the wizard, doing so would eat up pretty much all of their resources for doing other stuff.

So they can either not-quite compete with the wizard at spellcasting, or they can completely fall short of the wizard's spellcasting and not quite make up for it with other features.

A partial solution I made (with some input from other folks in these threads) was to give sorcerers Origin spells, similar to Oath and Domain spells, which at least means they've got access to more spells at once as well as a few the wizard doesn't get.
>>
>>53008241
Rogue with increased crit range would be dumb. You'd have people doing all sorts of whacky shit to fish out crits. And a Champion with maneuvers would be too strong.

>>53008287
>Increased crit range
>Half proficiency bonus to initiative
>Extra fighting style (usually means free +1 AC)
>Free health every turn as a capstone

I can understand that it's boring, but you're crazy if you think that's bad.
>>
Who here /turntofacecombatvariant/ masterrace?
>>
>>53008450
>15 spells

I really wish(hah) the Sorcerer had that Bard progression of eventually having 22 Spells Known. The fact that they're that far behind when Sorcerer's entire thing is being spontaneous feels like a slap to the wand.
>>
>>53008450
Kinda this. Just look at the capstone
Sorcerous Restoration
Regain 4 sorcery points (equivalent to two 1st level spells [sorcerers prob only know one])

Compare

Spell Mastery
Unlimited use of any lvl 1 and lvl 2 spell of your choosing
Signature Spell
Two 3rd lvl spells that are recharged after a short rest
>>
Finally an arcane archer that might actually be fun to play.
My only real complaint is that you have so few uses of your arcane shots...
Besides Sharpshooter I'd probably take magic initiate and perhaps also the one that gives you a couple superiority dice so you can make some sweet shots.
>>
>>53008553
That's why I built it into this homebrew
>>53008237
>>
Is Arcane Archer better than just an EK with Archery and a ranged build?
>>
>>53008463
I didn't say it's bad. I said it's worse. Because it is. It takes them a couple hundred rounds of combat to deal more damage than Battle Masters.

If you want bad you go look at Barbarian.
>>
>>53008584
Better at what?
You can't Shield/Absord Elements meme with AA
>>
So time to roll up a snobbish high elf arcane archer.
>>
>>53008463
Nobody is saying Champions are a bad class. They're solid, mostly thanks to base fighter being solid, but they are sleeping pills.
>>
>>53007368
Some dude was in here the other day doing exactly what you're doing, he wanted to go divination to give the enemies "bad luck" by being around him.
>>
>>53008584
Depends on what you want. EK is great if you want to be hard to kill. AA is basically a ranged BM with a funkier set of maneuvers.
>>
>>53008449
>>53008428
Offhand I remember it breaking my heart that Enhance Ability was off the wizard list.
>>
File: BuffedSorcerer.pdf (75KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
BuffedSorcerer.pdf
75KB, 1x1px
>>53008237
Here's what I had.
>>
File: DarkCleric.jpg (107KB, 469x800px) Image search: [Google]
DarkCleric.jpg
107KB, 469x800px
I'm getting roped into a fucking Western marches campaign.

Anyone with experience have any tips?

I think all UAs are allowed. What should I roll? I'm thinking a whatever I feel like at the time
>>
What's the ruling on curving shot with sharpshooter?

A few different scenarios I thought of.
You make an attack with sharpshooter and miss.
You bonus action reroll without applying the -5 this time and still get the +10.
You bonus action reroll with applying -5 and get the +10.
You can't apply sharpshooter.
You initially attack without sharpshooter, but on the bonus reroll you use sharpshooter with -5 to hit.
You initially roll without sharpshooter and can't reroll it with sharpshooter.

Which do you think are correct?
Personally, I'm thinking you have to roll with -5 anytime you want to apply it. And you can apply the -5 against a different target even if you didn't initially use sharpshooter.
>>
>>53008676
What the hells is a Western Marches campaign anyway?
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>53008717
"""Sandbox"""
and from what I've heard, shit
>>
>>53008676
I'd play an Immortal Mystic based on strength and con or the Barbarian that was revised today.
>>
>>53008599
>It takes them a couple hundred rounds of combat to deal more damage than Battle Masters

Isn't a GWM Champion technically the highest average DPR in the game? Maybe that was assuming advantage or something.

>If you want bad you go look at Barbarian

Please elaborate.
>>
>>53008237
I've heard people suggest just giving Sorcerers access to all metamagic.

(Also, I'd suggest giving them metamagic options from the Loremaster. Wizards shouldn't out-sorcerer sorcerers)
>>
>>53008763
Yes, if you assume infinite rounds.
Since battles are more like "dump your load and it's over in 3 turns", battlemaster does way more damage.
>>
>>53008825
Having more than one encounter between rests isn't exactly rare.
>>
the good
>Ancestor barbarian actually good now, doesn't have conflicting features
>Blade bard is okay if you ignore TWF
>Kensei has much clearer rules, though it's sad to see GWM monk go. Or net monk.

the bad
>Arcane archer still only two uses, with int-based save DC and without free damage on all effects, even if it is more forgiving with using your arrows
>Favored soul still by far better than any other sorcerer archetype, but now its features pidgeonhole it into healing
>>
>>53008865
But you need a couple dozen encounters between rests for Champions to come out ahead.
>>
>>53008865
Will you fight over a hundred rounds between rests?
>>
New thread >>53008919
>>
Human Sharpshooter Xbow Expert Rogue 20 (thief, let's say). +6 to hit against AC 19. 2d6+10+20+10d6.
>Average damage 40.35
>Actual optimal average damage 45.69375

Human Sharpshooter Xbow Expert Monk 20 (Kensai) +9 to hit against AC 19. 3d10+15+9+30+1d10
>Average damage 49.293646875

Realistic-ish comparison, four round battle Thief gets 5 turns and does 228.46875 and Monk buffs on round one to deal 183.872253125, spending 6 ki. The thief hasn't used Stroke of Luck, and the Monk isn't using Empty Body because either there was no advanced warning or the enemy isn't hindered by invisibility.

If the monk just used a longbow, they'd deal ~158 damage instead, roughly 86% as much as the hand crossbow

Lastly, for good measure, if the monk does have advantage from Empty Body, they deal 241.491198642890625 if they pre-buff, or 195.4131293722265625 if they activate it on round 1. Stroke of luck can be used for 18.5 damage on a sharpshooter attack, or 53.5 damage on a wild sharpshooter sneak attack, or just 43.5 on a sneak attack if their second attack was going to miss, but that's a rare circumstance.

All numbers done by hand, by me, by my best understanding, right now.
>>
>>53008902
>>53008925
What metric are we measuring here? Overall damage across all encounters or damage in a single encounter?
>>
>>53008664
This is the list of spells Sorcerer'a get but Wizards don't:
Daylight
Dominate Beast
Earthquake
Enhance Ability
Fire Storm
Insect Plague
Water Walk

The opposite list is like 100 spells long

>>53008665
I like it with the exception of not really having a capstone

>>53008781
I like leaving a couple off for variety between builds. I would definitly add some new ones. Maybe even give Dragon Sorcerers the ability to choose a few spells to chamge elements on
>>
>>53008976
Battlemaster wins at both.
>>
>>53008632
>Nobody is saying Champions are a bad class
Many people say the champion is a bad class.

>>53008664
Well it breaks my damn heart that Find Familiar is off the Sorcerer list, so count yourself lucky.

>>53008712
Sharpshooter has to be decided before you make the attack. Whatever you decided at that time stays for the rerolled attack roll.

>>53008902
>>53008925
For an unreasonably optimized build, it's like 8 to 12 rounds. Less at level 20, but who plays there?
>>
>>53009029
>Well it breaks my damn heart that Find Familiar is off the Sorcerer list, so count yourself lucky.
I'm playing a Variant Human, and I ended up taking Magic Initiate just so I could get Find Familiar.
>>
>>53009016
Doesn't he lose in the single encounter department after the first encounter? That's what I'm trying to get at.
>>
Cannon Siege Weapon. It has the Cannonball attack and is interesting, however I would like to see an attack that is anti personnel. Sort of like the first cannons where they used many rocks as projectiles, any way to have something with comparable power in the attack?
>>
>>53009016
Do I have to do Half-orc GWM Champion again? Because I will.
>>
>>53009100
I think you're looking for grapeshot, that's what that evolved into. I'm not sure what the damage should be but a cone AoE is a given.
>>
>>53009100
Cone that deals Piercing damage
>>
>>53009147
Drop the cannon dmg dies 1-2 stages and make it a dex save. Maybe half dmg to objects and adv on those w/ >= 1/2 cover
Thread posts: 484
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.