[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Standard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 46

File: 9a4zdjzfp0uy.jpg (66KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
9a4zdjzfp0uy.jpg
66KB, 540x960px
Post cat edition.

Previous Thread: >>52903458

What are you going to play in this brave new standard? I'm going for UB Gearhulk control. What do you think will dominate the format next?
>>
I've been playing this thing. Not quite sure what to add in Amonkhet, but I'm in love with Vizier of Deferment as a removal counter/extra etb value trigger.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-humans-big-sigs-crazy-party/
>>
File: OopsAllGideons02.png (4MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
OopsAllGideons02.png
4MB, 2880x1800px
>>52943212

I already know what will dominate Standard.

It's the same deck that will dominate Modern as well

You can flee to any format you'd like, but you will never be free of Gideon
>>
>>52943250
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-humans-big-sigs-crazy-party/

tested against and with Always Watching + Glory-Bound Initiate. Can confirm it's bonkers.

>>52943263
I don't think oops all gideons is gonna be a problem. If anything just a consistent meme deck. Easily able to negate platinum gideon or AoZ on the play or not.
>>
>>52943311
>Awake all night Glory Hound is bonkers
That's good to hear. I'm still trying to balance between him and Lone Rider in the deck, but I like in this deck I find that 3 is the magic number in almost every case.

Metallic Mimic is a meme trap.
>>
>>52943342
the deck I was testing had 4 mimics in it, almost saw no use and was a prime target for fatal push T2. DESU you wanna focus on T2 glory bound T3 always watching, t4 lone rider and another glory bound. It's fuckin' tough. I wonder if WR humans packs the same punch...
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
111KB, 223x311px
Just a reminder. Walking corpse is standard legal. In case some brewer has so many zombie synergies and need a black zombie bear for curve reasons.
>>
File: 1490931331667.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490931331667.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>52943518
Once Amonkhet releases tomorrow won't it be the welcome deck 2017 cards that are legal, because walking corpse isn't in this years. Or is it both the 2016 and 2017 decks due to the dumb standard rotation?
>>
>>52943562
I wouldn't know I just combed gatherer for standard cards with the expert expansions filtered out to look for anything that might have a place in standard.
Amonkhet is already part of standard according to gatherer.
>>
So I tweaked this list from mtgoldfish, but the puzzleknots seem eh to me. Anyways, what do y'all think?
>>
File: 20170424_172856.png (155KB, 1080x1393px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_172856.png
155KB, 1080x1393px
>>52943668
I'm an idiot
>>
>>52943311
Friendly reminder that Copy-cat was called a meme deck originally.
>>
>>52943263
Why would I play this meme when I can just put new Gid in a good deck instead?
>>
>>52943802
you mean in mardu vehicles.
>>
>>52943562
I think welcome deck 2016 is legal as long as SOI is legal.
>>
prototype RDW coming thru
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-17-red-deck-wins/
>>
>>52944195
take out Lathnu Hellion and replace with Hanweir Garrison and slot in Hanweir Battlements somewhere. Also why no shocks?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>52943212
>>52943263
2 card combo is not over in standard

Turn 3: Play russian gideon
Turn 4: Emblem, Aetherflux reservoir
win the game
>>
>>52944553
Is that what that retard actually ended up implying about Standard?
>>
File: 1488667757211.jpg (16KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488667757211.jpg
16KB, 319x320px
>>52944553
118.4. If a cost or effect allows a player to pay an amount of life greater than 0, the player may do so only if his or her life total is greater than or equal to the amount of the payment. If a player pays life, the payment is subtracted from his or her life total; in other words, the player loses that much life. (Players can always pay 0 life.)

fucking retard
>>
>>52944553
>I've never actually played a card game on a competitive level before

The EDH thread is two doors down.
>>
>>52944793
Fuck you
>>
>>52943518

The 2 drop zombie from the intro pack is better. It forces everyone to discard a card. But really if you want a 2 drop in a Zombie shell they've got better options than a vanilla beater. Only Vanilla dude i'd play in Standard is Expedition Envoy.
>>
I'm probably going to build humans in some form again.
>>
>>52945218
Do you think it might have use in a budget zombie list?
>>
>>52945274
Have you considered Naya keywords (with Oldric and Samut, Voice of Dissent)?
>>
So which colors have the best token synergy with white? I was gonna go with Blue because of Aven Wind Guide and use the cheaper embalm creatures like Sacred Cat and Anointer Priest along with Hanweir Militia Captain.
>>
>>52944316
difference between those two is pretty significant, lathnu hits immediately for 4, while i not only do i have to wait for an entire turn for the garrison, it gets easily body blocked by snek, advocate, and heart, even if 2 points gets in. In test hands i usually have a lethal amount of damage by turn 4, and then some in hand like burn. As for lack of shock, right now i prefer incendiary flow, shock was mainly for saheeli combo and killing scrap heaps, but saheeli combo is dead and i dont care about scrapheaps since they can't block, incendiary allows for that extra reach or if they got an advocate or snek in path, it gibs them 1 for 1. Im considering the hanweir, but its iffy, only creature itd be use to help swing in early is the 2 drop minotaur, and i already have the hammerhand- i mean cartouche of zeal for that, plus the perma buff and the ability to make a creature unable to block. Main cards im looking at to swap out are probably the hungry flames or flings.
A lot of games go like this
Turn 1 adept
Turn 2 Minotaur, discard a land or some shit, hit for 2 with adept
turn 3, lathnu, hit in for 9
turn 4, miss land drop, its fine, drop another lathnu, hit in for 13

Or
Turn 1 Bomat, hit for 1
Turn 2 Adept and cartouche, hit for 3
turn 3 Minotaur, drop a temper, cast for R, hit face or creature for 3, hit for 3 again
turn 4 play hazoret, hit in for 11

if not dead get cards with bomat or burn out with hazoret ability
>>
>>52945546
Add Temmet to that. Unblockable tokens will win you games
>>
File: 636263249885539399.png (301KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
636263249885539399.png
301KB, 324x450px
>>52945402
not him but I run it in non-budget zombies and it's super good in any zombie build

>Use to pitch haunted dead
>Use to pitch stitchwing
>Pitch prized amalg
>Drop any zombie and get them back with cemetery recruitment.

Super good card, it's like wailing ghoul but you have control over what you send to the grave AND it hurts your opponent. Not to mention the effect happens after summon so you can play him on an empty hand.
>>
>>52945865
I was still referring to walking corpse. Looking back, I can still see why that was unclear.
>>
Now that the cat is dead, will standard improve or will it become a horrible format like the last 4 or 5 sets?
>>
>>52945865
Do you run From Under the Floorboards?
>>
>>52946528
It seems like we've just gone from 2 top decks to 1, which I suppose means people will build only having to counter one thing and will lead to a new top dog?

No fucking clue tbqhwyf
>>
>>52946528
I think. That now cat is dead Mardu won't be as strong. I never found Mardu to be that tough of a match up (besides Gideon at times) but surely it was only top dog as it was the natural predator of the cat.
Unrelated. I'm trying to build with Drake Haven. I've found UR to be the most fun and still work relatively well. I need some help with the sideboard. Specifically the control match up. Are there any anti control cards besides fevered visions?
>>
>>52945402

Maybe but in my list i'm playing Relentless Dead. Might not be budget now but the card certainly was budget for a long time. Miasmic Mummy that >>52945865 posted is a solid option as well. Right now the grave hate count is still at an all time low but that may change as the metagame develops.
>>
Does Harsh mentor's ability hit crewing vehicles? Either way, can someone explain to me why or why not? (I didn't see the ask a judge thread)
>>
>>52947131
Pretty sure it does. Crewing is an activated ability; It has a cost and a effect
>>
>>52947131
sure. why? because crew is an activated ability of an artifact card
>>
>>52947204
I guess because crewing on the stack is like a mana ability? i can't kill the pilot in response to them crewing and the vehicle not be crewed, and if I try to kill the pilot before crewing, they can just crew in response.
>>
>want to play madness
>most decks are based around vampires
fuck
>>
>>52947269
You talking shit about vampires?
>>
>>52947269
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-cycling-3/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drakecycle/

Best I can come up with. I played madness vamps back at instrad felt much weaker than both of these decks.

If anyone wants to help with the UR deck. I'm happy to hear some suggestions. I tried to cut cathartic but it actually adds an entire level of consistency to the deck. Go down to 3 might be a good idea
>>
>>52947255
Only abilities that generate mana are counted as mana abilities. What you said about it being like a mana ability happens with literally every activated ability. If something reads "Tap: Deal 2 damage to target creature" you could destroy it in response to the ability being activated, but the ability would resolve anyways afterwards.
>>
File: 1486148181561.jpg (92KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486148181561.jpg
92KB, 720x479px
>>52944553
Goin full retard
>>
>>52947126
I'm memeing on you bro
>>
>>52943250
>Not calling it Big Sig's Bizzare Adventure
>>
>>52943250
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-17-gw-budget-humans/

My version of the "humans beat face" deck. Mostly budget because I'm a jew, but thinking of putting a few Sigardas in there for late game potential, and replacing a few more things with better creatures.
>>
>>52948248
Hold up

Is this a Jojo reference?
>>
>>52948248
>not knowing how to spell Bizarre
>>
>>52943212
I'm upgrading my Rakdos Aristocrats from last standard. Bontu fits perfectly into the 99, thanks to his mana cost- he can get played by matter reshaper & treasure keeper.

Fling is also nice for the deck, given that it runs Kari Zev's Expertise(and bone splinters). Makes it easier to connect with a stacked Yahenni, also.

Finally, I'm running 4-of obama in the mainboard.

Unfortunately, the deck dies when Zulaport Cutthroat, matter reshaper, and bone splinters rotate. :^(

>>52944553

Dude. You can't pay costs you don't have.
>>
File: hyesz.png (50KB, 465x698px) Image search: [Google]
hyesz.png
50KB, 465x698px
>>52948428
>Rakdos Aristocrats
Go on.
>>
>>52944793
>decide that I want to start playing magic and learn different formats
>go on /tg/
>already see a superiority complex based around what format they play
Yeah nope. I'm outta here.
>>
>>52948521
It's a joke. EDH is genuinely a casual format, anon.
>>
>>52948467
The original idea was based on a draft deck- specifically, the interactions between Treasure Keeper and Yahenni were great, but the deck wasn't terribly powerful, despite having some disgusting plays. (Sac treasure keeper on your turn, flip hijack, hijack your creature sacrifice it to yahenni to make it indestructible.)

With Bontu, that gets even better.
>sac treasure keeper to bontu
>scry first, then flip things over
>be more likely to hit something I want, block with bontu

Creatures:26
4 Doomed Dissenter
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
3 Bontu the Glorified
4 Matter Reshaper
3 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
4 Treasure Keeper

Spells:12
2 Bone Splinters
4 Fatal Push
2 Fling
4 Kari Zev's Expertise

Lands:22
4 Aether Hub
5 Mountain
4 Spire of Industry
9 Swamp

I don't know if I have enough sac outlet creatures or not.
>>
>Core sets probably coming back

Anyone got sauce on this?
>>
>>52948571
That actually looks really neat. I can't say one way or the other if it's good either, but it uses plenty of cards I like.
>>
File: doomeddissenter.png (382KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
doomeddissenter.png
382KB, 640x400px
>>52948856
It's pretty fun to play against fair decks. It needs optimizing IMO. I'd say it could drop TK, but that's what makes the deck fun in the first place.

I just need to pick up 2 more obamas and 3 bontus to finish upgrading the deck.
>>
Anybody have a brew idea of a Grixis Control deck with Dark Intimation, Torrential Gear, Liliana Death Majesty and As Foretold??
>>
>>52948571
Why not abzan aristocrats?

All those white zombies and green value have to be good for something
>>
>>52948571
I don't think 6 spells pays off for havin another color. Unless your SB is really red-heavy, I would say 6 spells don't pay off for another color. I would put some magma sprays to deal with enemies' scrapheaps or zombies.
>>
>>52948582
The structure of the next few blocks is alredy out. There won't be any core sets anytime soon
>>
>>52947255
There's a misunderstanding here. Mana abilities don't use the stack at all - they simply happen. Crew uses the stack like all abilities do - like all abilities, once the ability is on the stack, removing its source from the battlefield is irrelevant. You have to counter the ability if you want to stop it from resolving, or cause it to have no valid targets (the latter of which you could do by, say, using artifact removal to destroy the vehicle before it becomes a creature). Just like any activated ability, it can be activated whenever a player has priority, allowing it to be activated (and its costs, such as tapping creatures) paid as part of the activation. Note that, like mana abilities, cost payments don't use the stack at all.
>>
>>52949856
Yeah, zombies could be good- but I'd have to focus on zombies. Could get Wayward Servant in there. What else might fit in to this sort of playstyle?

Being in orzhov also opens me up to having better removal, like Anguished Unmaking, or Time to Reflect.

>>52950073
Red was originally much more of a presence- i had 4x Hijack in the deck, and some number of Pia nalaar, but I ran into the problem of having too many aristocrats and not enough creatures that like being sacrificed.
>>
>>52948278
It looks alright. You're definitely going to get to have fun with the Always Watching combo, and Exemplar of Strength isn't a bad idea. I'd still highly recommend lone rider, and having Blessed Alliance around is primo secret tech, since it's pretty cheap to pick up and will bore straight through any protection they bring against you, if only in the sideboard.

Your mana's a little bent out of shape, humans are far better in white than in green, just a word of caution.
>>
So...is the new meme drake cycle deck from the Professor a good deck?
>>
>>52944793
To be honest, EDH sees far more complex rules interactions than standard ever will.
>>
>>52953707
Who is that supposed to be?
>>
>>52948521
Bye.
>>
>>52953417
I'll be looking to put an order in for a shitload of commons/uncommons next week, but i'm in Australia and ordering cards can only be done via overseas companies and they end up getting expensive pretty quick.

Will be changing around to 11 plains 7 forests too, should make it more consistent for my WW costs.
>>
>>52953502
The deck is pretty solid desu. You have red mana to kill Vehicles and annoying Artifacts. However, you need to control the table in the first 4 turns for that.
>>
Right, so this is what I've got for an Esper token build so far. I'm honestly thinking of switching Temmet for Extractor of Sin for some higher quality tokens.

//Lands:
2 Irrigated Farmland
1 Fetid Pools
7 Plains
4 Island
3 Swamp
2 Choked Estuary
2 Concealed Courtyard
3 Port Town

//Creatures:
2 Angel of Sanctions
4 Anointer Priest
3 Aven Wind Guide
1 Glyph Keeper
2 Oketra the True
4 Sacred Cat
3 Hanweir Militia Captain
1 Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun

//Spells:
2 Dusk // Dawn
3 Anointed Procession
3 Failure // Comply
3 Start // Finish
2 Anguished Unmaking
3 Fatal Push
>>
>>52946524
But why run a vanilla 2 mana 2/2 over one with the same stats and a positive effect my dude?
>>52946536
I don't but I have them in the zombie deck box because its pretty good.

>>52946528
Improve for sure, one big deck to counter is much easier than two, not to mention we got some artifact hate this set. Mardu was good because of its consistency and match up to cat, it lost one of those. I think B/G will come back pretty strong now.
>>
>>52956385
>token build
>doesn't have the Fabricate dudes from Kaladesh

???
>>
>>52956687
I skipped over Kaladesh so i don't really know the sets too well. And honestly at first glance only the Fabricate Angel looked alright, but I'd rather run O-sphere angel because its removal and a threat that has built in recursion.
>>
>>52956534
>I don't but I have them in the zombie deck box because its pretty good.
Be sure to take it out of the deck box when you go to a tournament unless you are running it in your 75.
>>
>>52956153
But is it solid enough to make it into top 10? In my LGS the top10 gets good prizes like credit store, playmats and free boosters.
>>
File: tumblr_o1raeaXVyY1u8wfz9o1_1280.png (348KB, 581x705px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1raeaXVyY1u8wfz9o1_1280.png
348KB, 581x705px
Looking to brew a Drake Haven deck. Specially because I want to rusttle the jimmies of people spamming drake actually harpy Papi tokens. I was thinking about an Izzet build centered in cicling and a huge madness engine. Here you can find the list:

Creatures (8)
3 Soul-Scar Mage
4 Enigma Drake
1 Hazoret the Fervent

Spells (27)
4 Lightning Axe
2 Magma Spray
2 Shock
3 Cathartic Reunion
4 Censor
4 Tormenting Voice
4 Fiery Temper
4 Hieroglyphic Illumination

Enchantments (4)
4 Drake Haven

Lands (22)
9 Island
9 Mountain
4 Spirebluff Canal

Sideboard (15)
2 By Force
2 Magma Spray
2 Shock
3 Essence Scatter
3 Negate
3 Sweltering Suns

MTGoldFish Link: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/629788#paper

Testing the deck against Mardu and Pummeler, I am in a disvantage if I am in the draw. However, censor looks like pretty useful to screw up those pesky Hearts of Kiran and their tempo a little. Lightning Axe on Gideon with Soul-Scar Mage into Fiery Temper on another beater and a cute Papi with just 3 mana looks so dreamy and spicy... However, against snek I am hopeless because all of the shear value they get. Thinking about maybe dropping some of the cicling for more old and realiable control cards. Or forsake Drake Haven altogether and use Soul-Scar Mages and Enigma Drakes as win conditions. Opinions?
Now I have just to think which Papi pic I should use as tokens.
>>
>>52959085
Looks like you are planning on discarding even if that means going down in hand size. There are some discard stuff that reward you for having a large hand.

If you choose to go down that road
Consider:
Fateful Showdown
Forgotten Creation

Chandra, Flamecaller also rewards you for a large hand size, but she's 6 mana.
>>
File: 20170428_225129.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_225129.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Rate my draft pool senpais, :D
>>
>>52944316

Look at this retard and laugh, Lathnu hellion is so strong
>>
File: Archie Bunker.jpg (68KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
Archie Bunker.jpg
68KB, 700x494px
>15+ people show up for Modern
>About 2 show up for Standard on the release day of a new set

What the fuck
>>
>amonkhet release day
>10 people show up for standard

I mean, it's passable. It fired. I got my three boxes.
>>
First draft of Amonkhet and somehow I wound up with all the cycle lands. I'm confused how a foil UB one made it all the way down to me on pick 7. I went undefeated. My packs were meh. Last place guy buys 1 pack. Force of Will. I hate my life right now.
>>
So what kind of sideboards do you think we'll need to look for these days, anons?
>>
Was consistently placing at FNM with this archetype before Aether Revolt. Does it have any hope now?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-17-lFO-gruul-energy/
>>
>>52961484
Artifact Removal
Anything running R,W, or G is going to be packing.

I think the Blacks Cycling Cremate is going to be the best sleeper removal this set because of how little there is to clear up graveyards this meta
>>
>>52961565
It's definitely better with Fling. I don't know how good it actually is though. Probably won't won you a GP but FNM seems likely
>>
>>52961565
Fling mde the deck better.

Hit 10 in the face and the throw the bastard into his face to deal 10 more.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_231102.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_231102.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Friend. Welcome.
>>
>>52943250

Tappedout.shit

>>52943263

That's some shitty SaffronOlive against the odds deck.
He only plays the queues. Never the leagues. Only timmy's think they're competitive.
>>
>>52944553
Hello Travis
>>
>>52961946
Le epic pun token
epin I like it
>>
>>52961949
What's wrong with tappedout?
>>
>>52961949
>That's some shitty SaffronOlive against the odds deck.
Even so, he went up against (and beat) tron, ad naus, and DSJ with that deck.
>>
>>52961714
Forsake the Worthy, or Dissenter's Deliverance?

Or both?
>>
I haven't played Magic in years. Are any of the Planeswalker Decks any good? I don't own any Planeswalkers, it would be interesting if I could buy two different ones and upgrade them enough to play standard casual or modern casual. Nissa and Chandra look weak and overcosted... Are any of them worth it?
>>
>>52962571
You'll find that some people will tell you that Tezzeret Master of Metal isn't awful. I feel like 'by comparison' should be added there.

Planeswalker decks are honestly pretty garbage.
>>
As Dynavolt Temur when I play versus monster heavy decks, how should I play? Is getting out Tower more important than countering monsters? How do I deal with Hydra?
>>
>>52962735
against aggro, you may have to sacrifice some life to buy yourself time to set up a tower
if you know they have a hydra, hold up a counter for it
and always remember, life is a resource, and the least important one until it is at zero
>>
>>52962760
Is there any way to kill a Hydra when it is on field? Dragon Master Outcast or another Hydra maybe?
>>
>>52962802
sure there is, block with a bigger creature
alternatively, you can throw spells at it until they run out of energy
realistically though, probably not. possibly fumigate if you're down to wreck your mana base
>>
What's the perfect removal counter suite look like for an esper control deck. How many grasps, push, censor and dissalow should I be running to ensure I have control over the early game. My win con is slow as fuck.
>>
>>52963011
Mostly looking to keep Mardu off its feet till turn 4 or so. My deck was tuned to beat Mardu and cat and leaned more into the cat match up. Now I guess just making sure I can handle aggro is going to be enough.

4 push, 4 grasp, 2 blessed alliance, 2 anguished, 4 censor, 3 dissalow.

Do I run negate/essence scatter in the main. Is essence scatter a trap?
>>
>>52963031
essence scatter does not hit vehicles.
>>
>>52963047
Yh I got that but it's a nice turn 2 counter on a creature but I guess censor does it much better
>>
>>52963074
I don't played standard. I just sometimes watch magic games like some sort of sick voyeur. And I think I haven't watched standard in a while.

I was pointing out something rules wise. I have no idea how important what I brought up was.
>>
I want to brew Naya Exert/Always Watching with a top end of Glorybringer/Samut. Is this at all worth exploring or is it gonna end up being a jank ass brew?
>>
>>52963226
Benefaction of Rhonas
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/557744#paper
How shit is my deck?
>>
>>52959862
I would be very unhappy anon.
>>
File: 636275870596563784.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636275870596563784.png
180KB, 265x370px
>>52963226
Alright /tg/. I know I suck ass at brewing/building. But this is my basic concept after a few hours of glancing through cards. Scrap it completely or can it be salvaged? Reasons why would be nice, so I can maybe learn something.

I know the mana base is shite. Maybe board is mostly stuff that I cut or stuff that I thought had neat interactions but ultimately didn't fit for one reason or another.

No clue how it will do against Mardu/GB/Marvel.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-04-17-nfC-naya-midrange/
>>
why did glorybringer spiked?
>>
>>52964934
It's a great card? For 5 mana you get a 4/4 flier which is already decent stats, with haste it would already be a good card, but to top it all off you remove a creature with exert, which you'll basically be doing every time it swings as it's such a huge tempo play.

There's no wonder the fucking card is 10$ for a rare.
>>
is this meme deck worth a try?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ljx2qEYlI&t=200s
>>
>>52965070
I already knew it was good. I should've asked instead why it took such a long time for the price to increase. and I guess the answer is catcombo ban
>>
>>52965227
Same reason Gearhulks started out at 3-7 dollarydoos at AER pre-release and shot up to 20-40 bucks.

Give it a bit of time and a Pro Tour and watch everything skyrocket in price. I'm buying up my Glory-bound initiates while I can, I have a feeling they'll be super expensive soon.
>>
I had a couple questions about timing I don't know, if an opponent plays Bristling Hydra and he has over 3 energy when it comes into play, I can harnessed lightning and kill it when it comes into play before it can gain hexproof, correct?
>>
First time building an MTG deck. First time getting into MTG. Bought 1½ displays, traded a bit, here's what I have got: Tricolour Red/Blue/Green( Yes, I'm told it's difficult to play tricolour)

Vizier of Many Faces x1
Essence Scatter x2
Cancel x2
Illusory Wrappings x2
Heaven/Earth x1
Khenra Charioteer x3
Samut, Voice of Dissent x1
Prowling Serpopard x2
Initiate's Companion x2
Watchful Naga x1
Rhonas's Monument x1
Gift of Paradise x2
Shefet Monitor x2
Bitterblade Warrior x3
Pouncing Cheetah x2
Scaled Behemoth x3
Harvest Season x2
Champion of Rhonas x2
Vizier of the Menagerie x2
Mouth/Feed x2

6 Islands
7 Forests
4 Moutnains
2 Painted Bluffs
1 Cascading Cateracts
2 Sheltered Thicket.

I'm pretty lost, but I am considering getting the green god card and putting it somewhere in the deck.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52964321
Lot of things wrong with it, for starters you curve out at 5 but only have 21 lands, secondly, its naya monsters with always watching, i feel like 3 drops like rhonas sorcery are not something you want.I'd throw in Rhonas himself in their. Also the minotaur thats 3/2 haster for 3 is not bad either, especially with the always watching, making a creature unable to attack every turn is pretty nice. And since you're a beat down plan, i'd use shocks or incendiary flow rather than magma jet since scrapheap gets blocked by your dude for days and it cant block. Also replace gisela with gideon.
>>
>>52966090
I'd recommend either focusing on ramp or aggro, but not both. Illusory wrappings, Initiate's companion, khenra charioteer, pouncing cheetah, painted bluffs and watchful naga are all generally bad cards, although since you're on a budget they're understandable. If you want to stay in red, you should probably play some of the removal that red has access to, like magma spray. Rhonas is a great card but probably way over budget. The deck doesn't seem to really need blue, so I'd recommend cutting it for consistency.
>>
>>52966509
Thanks for the feedback.
I have an aversion to Red, and my mate simply recommended these cards off the top of his head.
I was looking at white/Green, but couldn't quite produce any kind of sensible ramp out of it.
The key requirement is keeping the deck primarily green.
>>
>>52965861
Learn how the stack works faggot.
>>
>>52966677

That's why I am asking.
>>
>>52966509
Follow up to my >>52966645 comment.
Would you recommend I expand on any of the green creatures, take some above 2 or 3 and bring them to 4?
Or perhaps there are some ordinary cards that would work better in the other cards' places that are fairly available?
>>
>>52966090
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rbg-tricolour-first-mtg-deck-amonkhet/
Here's a link to the deck.
>>
>>52965861
your opponent can just respond by giving it hexproof
>>
>>52966753

I was pretty sure that was the cast but I was told by a friend that I couldn't do that, so I felt like I needed to ask.
>>
>>52966769

case*
>>
>>52965861
I only realised last night I could kill the Hydra on etb when he had no energy. I know how the stack works. It just never dawned on me or maybe I have never been in that situation before. Either way, it felt good to lightning axe the old 5/4 Hydra and temper his new Hydra.
>>
>>52966769
your opponent wouldnt had been able to give it hexproof if he didnt have the energy already. in that case you can cast a removal spell in response to the etb ability before he gets the energy and is able to give it hexproof later on.
>>
>>52962404
Knowing how to pilot a deck makes up 70% of the investment.
>>
>>52965861
If your opponent already has 3 or more energy before the hydra enters the battlefield then he can pay the cost and activate it's ability in response to lightning, giving it hexproof and making it an invalid target.
You can also cast another removal in response to the ability and if he can't pay the energy cost again then it dies.
The only way to deal with it efficiently are counters or edicts.
>>
So what's the best way to go with new perspectives? The finishes that come to mind are Shadowstorm Vizier / Noose Constrictor + Fling, Just swing in with Shadowstorm Vizier, or Approach of the Second Sun.

Going the Fling route Or the Approach of the Second Sun route means 100% all in on going off with New Perspectives and winning the turn it comes down, and pretty much being a combo deck, while just going blue black with shadow storm viziers means I think I can build a more U/B control shell that can just win put of nowhere with New Perspectives.

Or maybe I could build somewhat of a UWg control shell even if I go to the Approach route since it gives access to Cast Out?

Anyone else been thinking about brewing with the card at all?
>>
I've got lots of brews that do well against Vehicles, but the other random matchups are now coming out strong. UB control, RG energy, and Marvel seem rock solid now, RG probably being the most frustrating for my choice Temur spells.
>>
>>52967234
I can seem to get my UB control or esper list right for Mardu. I know it's possible. Just counter and remove until t4 and I'll be good with card advantage but I just can't seem to get the right number of counters and removal.

Is it ideal to go esper for nonland permanent removal or straight dimir for the consistency and use commit//memory to remove resolved walkers, gods, artifacts and enchantments?
>>
>>52965162
looks cool, but adding green for only 1 creature and one spell?
I think UR i enought do it fine.
>>
>>52968663
You underestimate how great Attune is in that deck. Energy for lightning, a card for the yard and land fixes. Everything we want.

Dissenter's Deliverance is also a really great fuck vehicles card. Cycle it for 1 in useless matchups.

The professor also runs Blossoming Defence but I wasn't feeling it.
>>
File: 37.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
I remember some anon posted about Vizier of Deferment and processors and got inspired. I think there's something to it especially with kitty out of the picture. I couldn't track down that guy's list though.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-04-17-esper-processors/

Vizier of Deferment, cycle lands, and Censor give the exile -> process interactions some much needed consistency, makes the other player check their tempo, and most importantly nets some major card advantage. This deck can utterly midrange's best hands.

Exiling an attacker with Vizier at end step then processing it with Strangler or Mind Raker on your turn can easily put you at a two card advantage. There was some incremental advantage to be had before Amonkhet, but nothing compared to getting two bodies out and taking two off the field.
>>
I might be on to something here anons.
Turn 1 Flameblade Adept
Turn 2 Noose constrictor and swing with Flameblade
Turn 3 swing with both, dump hand for Noose, Shadow of the Grave and dump hand again for what should be game.
Best part is you don't have to build around it because this would probably be found in pretty much any Jund discard list. Gonna start testing this.
>>
>>52968938
should I replace blossoming defence with counterspell?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170429-144643.png (291KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429-144643.png
291KB, 1080x1920px
>>52969204
>>
>>52969290
The professors list is different to mine in a few places. I'd say the biggest bomb he missed out on is Cryptic Serpent. It's usually a 4 drop but I've had it on 3 (I also run Winds of Rebuke, the bounce a permanent and each player mills 2 card).
>>
>>52949732
The mana for Grixis is not there right now and 2 of the 4 cards you mentioned are unplayable.
>>
>>52962735
Slam tower on three on the play, always
>>
>>52962802
To The Slaughter works if you can otherwise keep their boards clear.
>>
Question regarding untapping and usling abilities once untapped...
Woild it be possible to, say.. untap all my creatures with Gideon and then use a tap ability once again?

For example, I tap Gold Myr to gain one mana to use on spells. After I pay the cost of a spell, I use Gideon to untap that creature so that I can tap it for one mana again to spend on another spell?
>>
>>52970843
Yeah that's fine.
>>
File: Deck Page.png (35KB, 842x529px) Image search: [Google]
Deck Page.png
35KB, 842x529px
What do think about this? I call it my inevitability deck.

I won with a 11/10 Oran-Rief with Trample, Menace and Vigilance by equipping True Faith Censer and Scrounged Scythe, as well as using it's mana ability.
>>
>>52970885
Thanks.
>>
>>52970843
Yes, and there's no reason you can't float the mana and use it on the same spell.
>>
>>52970904
You have too many 1 / 2 -ofs and way too few lands. Are you new, or is this a troll post? I can't tell.
>>
>>52943683
You need to be running 4 Invigorated Rampage or Larger than Life for Pummeler shenanigans.
>>
>>52971051
I'm serious, and It's plenty of lands because of the sorceries, creatures, and instants. I'm non-reliant on repetitive strategies.
>>
>>52971604
Also, I don't have multiples of the good cards, like Tireless Tracker.
>>
File: brudd.png (113KB, 248x266px) Image search: [Google]
brudd.png
113KB, 248x266px
hey, you guys are missing out if you're not playing fevered visions right now, literally free wins
>>
>>52972240
>playing Fevered Visions in a meta where the Drake Haven meme is being attempted
>playing Fevered Visions in a meta where the Glory-Bound Initiate/Always Watching meme is being attempted
>playing Fevered Visions
>ever
>>
>>52972296
>not being able to deal with a slow, non-control deck
>not being able to deal with a two mana 3/1
anon...
>>
>>52970904

> inevitability deck
>all those 1x

How does it fare against Mardu Vehicles/BG snake/marvel?
>>
>>52972296
>Drake Haven

After 1 week, people will realise its not worth to buy that shitty deck.
>>
>>52972240
I'm trying to build a grixis control deck right now. Fevered Visions + Painful Lesson is a hilarious combination. I just wish I had more Fatal Pushes so I could run those instead of Transgress.
>>
>>52972371
Fine nigga. Have fun giving me free packs.
>>
>>52972694

Mind if I see your list? I run a Grixis Control as well. Waiting on Amonkhet cards to arrive to do some tuning up.
>>
>>52972571
That's why I got rid of my foils at pre release. It's a meme deck that will maybe shoot up in price after it gets played some in pro tour but after that it will drop and only come back if there is good cycling in the next set
>>
>>52972571
I'm still buying it only if to use Drake tokens, and I mean those Drake tokens. Granted unlike the TCC mines going to be grixis or UB.
>>
>>52972797
I haven't even gotten to playtesting yet. It's probably not good, but this is just something I tossed together recently.

3x Trespasser's Curse
3x Fevered Visions
4x Negate
4x Essence Scatter
3x Reduce // Rubble
4x Transgress the Mind
4x Shock
3x Painful Lesson
4x Cryptic Serpent
3x Enigma Drake(would be 4x but I don't have any more)

sb:
2x By Force
2x Flaying Tendrils
2x Ceremonious Rejection
2x Dispel
3x Scarab Feast
4x Magma Spray

no lands because i haven't found the land base for it yet and i'm not sure if it's what I want. Most of my 3 mana counters are in other decks- i could probably find room for Disallow, but i have no spare void shatters.
>>
>>52972858
Also, I'm considering Cut // Ribbons instead of Trespasser's Curse or Transgress. I feel like Curse is really good against the aggro / midrange decks we'll be seeing a lot of, but Cut hits just about every relevant non-gearhulk creature.

Also considering Hieroglyph Illumination because it can make your early hands more reliable while drawing you cards lategame. I'd probably lose Painful Lesson and its cute Fevered Visions interactions, though.
>>
>>52966394
I've been thinking a Rhonas sorcery might be good in an exert deck to dig for Always Watching. Is he not all in with exert enough? Is it just a bad card? I think having the new flash cycling banishing light to make it hit more useful enchantments is cool.
>>
I've been working on this deck for months now, it was supposed to be 'budget' but I traded for some rares. Any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-10-16-kaiju/
>>
>>52973417
There's a big green dumb hex proof in amonkhet and a different one in BFZ block.
>>
>>52972806
cycling will stay in Hour of Devastation. I think MaRo said it somewhere, but honestly, Drake Haven is one of those think I'd consider a trap card just like Revolt Ajani and Tesseret. They are not bad PWs, but the meta doesnt need those cards.
>>
>>52973417
http://whatsinstandard.com

Garruk's Horde is not in standard
>>
>>52973586
Drake haven is a card similar to Metallurgic Summonings. Looks fun, but probably not standard playable.
>>
>>52973720

I keep a Metallurgic Summonings in Sideboard for my Grixis Control. It works great against Control match-ups.
>>
>>52973626
It's in the 2017 Welcome Decks that were released on the 15th
>>
>>52973626
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printings.aspx?multiverseid=429913
>>
>>52972371
>two mana 3/1

If you don't have an answer it's a 4 turn clock at the bare minimum, if not even faster with a 1 drop and a Thalia's lieutenant backing it up.
>>
File: 1464646142712.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1464646142712.png
483KB, 529x470px
>do amonkhet draft
>get 4th place
>only top 3 prize support
>>
>>52976970
>A magic tournament not doing everything in base 4
I'm very confused.

Don't feel bad, anon. Amonkhet is shit for value.
>>
>>52976970
>do AKH draft
>rare redraft is the prize pool
>come third and pick the foil full art island and get 10$
>>
>>52977046
>ever rare redrafting

How does it feel getting cucked out of real prize support by your LGS?
>>
>>52977046
>do AKH draft
>rare redraft-

oh, anon, i'm so sorry.
>>
>>52977085
rare drafts are only $10 at my lgs, instead of $15 for a normal draft with prize support. so long as you're not trash it's fantastic value
>>
>>52977141
>>52977085
Yeah, I know. My LGS is jewish as fuck, but I'm australian so i'm used to it.
>>
>>52977166
> $15 for normal drafts

Jewed again
>>
life again + mill? Was going to do degenerate Simic stuff with Nissa but I only got 1 and not much money. And Im figuring shes gunna be an include in some crazy decklist at some point in the near future so I doubt I can count on her lowering much in price for a while.
>>
>>52946999
It might not be anti control tech but forgotten creation with drake haven mite be cool.
>>
>>52977283
You know you need to pay for every drake you make right?
>>
>>52961054
cat combo has everyone done with standard
>>
>>52977345
Cat combo is dead and so is standard
>>
File: 1458700877869.png (237KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1458700877869.png
237KB, 557x605px
Running hapatra tokens. By turn 4 I can have a whole board of tokens.

// 60 Maindeck
// 24 Creature
4 Channeler Initiate
3 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
4 Plague Belcher
4 Soulstinger
4 Exemplar of Strength
2 Voldaren Pariah
3 Festering Mummy

// 4 Enchantment
4 Nest of Scarabs

// 8 Instant
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness

// 21 Land
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Hissing Quagmire
7 Swamp
6 Forest
2 Westvale Abbey

// 2 Planeswalker
2 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

// 1 Sorcery
1 Benefaction of Rhonas

// 15 Sideboard
// 6 Creature
SB: 2 Manglehorn
SB: 2 Prowling Serpopard
SB: 2 Scrapheap Scrounger

// 4 Instant
SB: 2 Heroic Intervention
SB: 2 Natural State

// 5 Sorcery
SB: 2 Never // Return
SB: 2 Transgress the Mind
SB: 1 Dispossess
>>
>>52977240
He might be Canadian.
>>
>>52976970
>Do AKH draft
>First place
>5 packs

Did you try Red or Black because those colors are bonkers in this set
>>
>>52963074
Play failure to comply, it bounces a spell turn 2 to its owners hand while on the stack and lets you have a one turn meddling mage. Alternately you can play unsubstantiate which doubles as an unsummon for the late game. Both are more flexible than essence scatter and will help your deck stay tricky while people discover the meta.
>>
>>52965861
Dont listen to those fucking fags, you just have to wait for him to put the hexproof pump on the stack and respond to the pump with your bolt. Just make sure he doesnt have another way to generate more energy or else he can pump it again to respond to your bolt.
>>
File: 1490642940788.png (338KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490642940788.png
338KB, 500x376px
>>52976970
>Amonkhet draft
>Every pack has like 3 rares
>Fun ensues
>Win with double hooded hydras
>>
>>52977325
Yes, but forgotten creation is also a may ability. It will give you the option to dump a worhtless hand for drakes while also giving you an evasive 3/3
>>
Was able to draft a mono white tokens and flyers with the oketra monument. feels good man
>>
>>52977354
Yea, nobody bothered to check if it was getting banned or not. It made people for real quit magic.
>>
>>52977559

Standard is 300% dead in my area.

The banning of cat might change things for a bit but I suspect the replacement meta will still come down to 2, 3-4 color goodstuff decks because the mana fixing is absurd at the moment.

4c Saheeli ran 20 lands for example
>>
>>52977593
I'm actually amazed how easy these goodstuffs really are. It's awful.
>>
>>52977549
>Oketra monument
Destroy on sight, never underestimate the amount of board that can generate. The only artifact more important to remove is Edifice of Authority.
>>
>>52972820
Got a list ready. Mines ur but I could go grixis if possible
>>
>>52977593
I hate that goodstuff.dec has always been dominant in the meta for years
>>
Is there room for the humans deck yet?

Should I be running mono-white, W/G, W/R, or Naya?

Please don't make me run the poo in loo pirate.
>>
>>52978207
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-17-gw-budget-humans/

This is what I run, but apparently Lifecrafter's bestiary is a viable replacement for the monument.

I'll be playtesting both to see how it goes. W/R or W/G humans is your best choice currently, mono white doesn't have access to a lot of good anti-removal tech outside of the sacrific spirit, nor is it as fast as W/R.
>>
>>52978207
Yes.

Naya humans looks like it has the potential to run under Mardu vehicles, at the moment.

http://docker2.deckedbuilder.com:3001/d/294489

This is the list I brewed. The miracle curve is nasty:
T1 Bloodlust Inciter
T2 exemplar of str, put the counters on the inciter, tap in response, swing for 4.
T3 Thalia's lieutenant, swing for 5.

The newest deck I'm working on is GB winding constructor. Oracle's Vault, Winding Constrictor, Pyramid of the Pantheon (edifice in sb), and GB cycle combined. Could probably go with a more standard +1/+1 counters build, but I don't have the cards for it at the moment.
>>
File: 1454544954227.png (17KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1454544954227.png
17KB, 418x359px
I KEEP LOSING TO TORRENTIAL. FUCK
>>
>>52978416
It's okay anon. Torrential's retarded.
>>
>>52978416
Do you have removal, anon?
>>
>>52978442
yes. playing
>>52977383

About to switch back to pummeler
>>
>>52978416
I might build a deck just to unsubstantiate and lost legacy torrential in control decks.
People in my area decided that as long as cat was around torrential is therefore completely okay for everyone and their grandma to play.
>>
>>52978476
You're in GB, you shouldn't have any trouble with gearhulk. Put more Dispossess and Dissenter's Deliverance in your sideboard. Dispossess will cause anyone playing gearhulks to scoop if it resolves.

>>52978506
Torrential on its own isn't degenerate. It's when they start chaining them that it gets really fucking stupid.
>>
>>52978476
Also, why isn't winding constrictor in your hapatra list? You put lots of counters all over the place.
>>
>>52978533
I negative my own creatures
>>
>>52978517
>Dispossess will cause anyone playing gearhulks to scoop if it resolves.
How effective is Gideon's Intervention for such purposes?
>>
>>52978595
Costs 1 more, doesn't remove the cards from their deck and allows them to sideboard enchantment removal to deal with it. Can't sideboard anything to deal with Dispossess except for counter spells, and they often won't have the curve to play them into your t3 dispossess.
>>
>>52978627
I, unlike him, do not have access to grixis colours, so Dispossess isn't an option.
>>
>>52978586
So, dump the negatives on a token and get that many -1/-1 counters and thus that many more tokens?
>>
>>52978640
Intervention is okay. Unlike dispossess, it solves already-resolved gearhulks assuming they don't have a counter for it.
>>
>>52978785
>Whenever you put ONE OR MORE-1/-1 counters on a creature, create A 1/1 green Snake creature token with deathtouch.

>>52978799
I usually just need something to play to prevent them from bringing back devastating removal.
>>
>>52978824
>Whenever you put ONE OR MORE -1/-1 counters on a creature, create THAT MANY 1/1 black Insect creature tokens

You're running that, too, lest you forget. Besides, dumping counters on tokens is the ideal anyway.

also, scarab feast in the side & in response to the ETB effect will stop that.
>>
>>52978844
Not that guy, just pointing out that I'm pretty sure Hapatra only creates a single snake per instance of token drop. i.e. 'Put 3 -1/-1 counters on target creature' doesn't give you 3 snakes, it gives you one.
>>
File: nest.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
nest.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>52978910
He also has 4-of this in his list, up here >>52977383

He's also running 3-drop nissa, which snake really likes.
>>
>>52973720
Take back what you said about my 2 favourite cards in standard. Honestly if we get more 1-2 mana cyclers attached to a decent spell, Haven will be real. Summonings is cute and I prefer it to tower in UB control.

On a related note, is it good to splash white in UB for blessed and anguished unmaking, or is the mana be shit
>>
>>52977455
Found that card to be pretty lackluster tbhf
>>
>>52979441
>Blue players
Go back to your Gearhulk
>>
No matter what format I play or deck that I build, even when money is no object, I always lose, even after playing the deck as best I possibly can.

I just quit and go back to D&D.

I'd go and play a miniatures game, but I'm even worse at painting than I am at playing cards.
>>
>>52979456
Then just play failure to comply, it can set up some really good control plays. Also baral is a good card to play with counters
>>
>>52979459
Bounce a spell. Name the spell. Opponent casts another spell. Failure to comply is trash in all forms.
>>
>>52979475
dude, you can't expect to be magically good at a game that you drop every other week
also, you aren't playing the deck optimally
>>
>>52979514
I'm just venting. I've been playing solid for about a year and a half now, I just live in a turbotough community of players.

Although you can never convince me to like draft.
>>
>>52979505
>not having another counter
weak
>>
why the lack of interest in nahiri's wrath? you can clear gideon, then swing for lethal with flameblade and lupine
>>
>>52979711
At that point why didn't I just counter the first spell. In your view I've spent 5 or more mana 1 and a half spells to keep my opponent from dropping something. I'd rather a consistent counter package than this trash.
>>
>>52978318

This is the list I brewed. The miracle curve is nasty:
>T1 Bloodlust Inciter
>T2 exemplar of str, put the counters on the >inciter, tap in response, swing for 4.
>T3 Thalia's lieutenant, swing for 5.

>not just:
>T1: inspector
>T2: glory bound initiate, swing for 1
>T3: Always watching, swing for 7 (5 lifelink)
>>
>>52979974
DESU I like the pure W/G approach, green has the options to get around removal/board wipes better than red does, but the deck could go Naya and work pretty well, too.
>>
been working on a bring to light list, mana base has been probably the easiest thing to manage

still not sure about the removal/threats i'm using though, kinda feeling like more glyph keepers could be the way to go

Land (25)
4x Aether Hub
2x Blooming Marsh
2x Botanical Sanctum
1x Canopy Vista
1x Cinder Glade
4x Evolving Wilds
2x Forest
2x Inspiring Vantage
1x Island
1x Mountain
1x Plains
1x Swamp
3x Wandering Fumarole

Sorcery (13)
4x Attune with Aether
4x Bring to Light
2x Confiscation Coup
1x Fumigate
2x Sweltering Suns

Creature (9)
2x Glorybringer
1x Glyph Keeper
1x Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3x Servant of the Conduit
2x Tireless Tracker

Planeswalker (3)
3x Nahiri, the Harbinger

Instant (10)
2x Anguished Unmaking
2x Fatal Push
2x Glimmer of Genius
4x Harnessed Lightning

Sideboard (15)
1x Angel of Sanctions
2x Arborback Stomper
2x Dark Intimations
3x Dissenter's Deliverance
1x Fumigate
2x Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3x Scarab Feast
1x Sigarda, Heron's Grace
>>
File: draft decc 1.jpg (496KB, 1414x1336px) Image search: [Google]
draft decc 1.jpg
496KB, 1414x1336px
Rate my limited deck, and guess how many rounds I won.
>>
>>52980475
You won fuck all, didn't you?
>>
>>52980555
I went 5/0. Only lost 3 games.
>>
>>52980596
What garbage did your opponents draft? I saw a shitload of good stuff drafted and the players that drafted good stuff got a lot of wins, but players drafting the same shit as you went 1/2.

>TFW LGS does rare redrafts and not storecredit/booster prizes for draft nights
>and the draft night is 19$

I hate Australian MTG.
>>
>>52980632
The only cards I'd really call garbage in my deck is the vitalist, spider, and bat, and even then 2 of them still do something.
bat has evasion and spider is a decent blocker.

I also got carried by getting to cast at least 1 of the honored hydras each game,
and embalm it. I had 3 games where both resolved and were embalmed.
>>
>>52977593
The mana fixing is green dominant backed by dorks and searches, like it's been in any standard with a dork that adds any color and any 1cmc spell that searches a basic. Killing the dork or countering the Attune with Aether (and Censor is maindeckable) has a good chance of denying a 4 color deck the splash they need.
>>
File: best_deck_ever.jpg (662KB, 1344x1470px) Image search: [Google]
best_deck_ever.jpg
662KB, 1344x1470px
What are some good green/white decks?
>>
>>52982055
G/W Midrange or Tokens are probably the best. Featuring Nissa and Gideon the Tokenmakers.
>>
is a deckbuilder's toolkit still a good purchase if i'm just trying to get a bunch of cards for casual play?
>>
Is this a good time for a newbie to jump into MTG?
>>
>>52982628
As good a time as any now that cat is gone
>>
>>52982628

As always

Magic Duels to learn the game
Prereleases and even sealed events to start playing with people
Kitchen table

Don't just jump straight into standard/modern
>>
>>52982791
Don't you put standard on the same page as modern. Anyone can pick up MTG and go straight for standard.
>>
>>52943212
Been playing my brewed B/W Mummy (Zombie) Aggro deck. It works suprisingly well desu
>>
This U/R control player looks like a huge douche
>>
>>52983079
>anyone can drop $200 on a deck without knowing any of the match ups

Are you kidding? That's a great way to go 0-5 ever FNM.
Standard is a format name. It always refers to the constructed, competitive environment. We're not talking about draft here.
>>
>>52983264
UR is always fedora-tips, the color scheme.
>>
>>52983264
What's the list look like?
>>
>>52983421
Just red removal, glimmer, censor, pull from tomorrow, and thing in the ice
>>
>>52983329
I remember a while back someone posting a stereotypical breakdown of each and every color combination that was really accurate and it said basically that exact thing.

Did anybody ever cap that?
>>
>Want to get back into mtg after the break
>Start coming into Standard threads to check out the meta
>Copycat and Mardu Vehicles
>Both abuse Planeswalkers
>Triggers my Planeswalkers autism ( probably some ptsd from a guy from my flgs always pulling one every week in draft)
>Don't want to play anymore
How do I get over my Planeswalker autism, especially now that Wizards is turbofocusing on them in every set now?
>>
>>52983498
Cast Out, Shock, Dispossess, Playing Pauper.
>>
>>52983515
>Dispossess
Lost Legacy.
>>
File: 1490574906275.jpg (122KB, 1092x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1490574906275.jpg
122KB, 1092x1348px
>>52983470
I got you family
>>
>>52983709
No not that one, I think that was the OP. This was just text, and it went into 5 colors as well (though I think it just became 'goodstuff' after the 3 color sets.
>>
>consider buying always watching because I might want to run boros/naya exert
>everyone on tcgplayer is sold out except for 6+ dollar foils
I knew I should have bought earlier.
>>
>>52983709
Mardu for life

Even though outside Standard it doesn't do shit
>>
File: 1483083645960.png (6KB, 472x508px) Image search: [Google]
1483083645960.png
6KB, 472x508px
>>52983709
apparently I'm chinese
>>
what are some options for cheap standard decks?
when I mean cheap I meaning fucking dirt cheap
I don't really care about winning I just want to have fun, if I win one game without some stupid chess i'll be happy
>>
>>52984306
literally anything green
>>
>>52984306
Red Deck Wins is probably going to be pretty cheap, especially if you ignore glorybringers and hazoret.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Hi guys,
I just set up a kitsune themed deck.
It's pretty terrible but then again, I'm playing in a friendly environment and more or less always 2 vs 2 so it's cool if it's not that great.
The real issue is that it has absolutely no win possibility. I can get life advantage and have a very solid defense/stalling but cannot actually win.

I was thinking of using Sanguine Pact and 4 Swords to Plowshares but do you have better tips?

No budget limits, I would really like it to make some sense.

Thank you

https://manastack.com/deck/kitsune-original
>>
File: 1467677513783.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
1467677513783.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>52984761
>>
File: stereotypes.jpg (173KB, 968x790px) Image search: [Google]
stereotypes.jpg
173KB, 968x790px
>>52983781
You mean this?
>>
>standard is just all the same boring midrange decks minus Cat Combo

WOW STANDARD HAS LITERALLY BEEN SAVED
>>
File: the-cheese-stands-alone.jpg (63KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
the-cheese-stands-alone.jpg
63KB, 480x680px
>>52984761
>>
>>52961946
Whats the deal with you hobo's not being able to afford a goddamn table?
>>
>>52983709
>temur is tryhards

When?
>>
>>52984306
I made this deck for under 100. It does well against midrange and decent on aggro. Control will be an uphill Battle, but is doable.

http://tapped out.net/mtg-decks/spell-grand-mastery/
>>
File: FUN.png (425KB, 1268x700px) Image search: [Google]
FUN.png
425KB, 1268x700px
I'm gonna miss not being able to play all these cards together in standard.
>>
I really dislike brewing knowing that rotation is, what, 4-5 months away?
>>
>>52985555
>>52985136
come on guys I know you can do that
>>
Question, whats the best budget deck i can make? I made a U/G Spirit deck that did surprisingly well, but is pretty shit still. Im kind of a newer player, so any general advice on budget deck building or deck building in general would be really appreciated
>>
These mono black decks aggro look pretty sweet
>>
I want to build either RDW or U/R Burning Tower, but they're both relatively expensive and I feel like they'll wind up being Tier 2 or below anyway.
>>
File: nice meta.jpg (129KB, 1522x615px) Image search: [Google]
nice meta.jpg
129KB, 1522x615px
>the fucking STATE of Standard Magic right now

please god let it end
>>
>>52988998
>humans
finally!
>>
>>52986523
This is the standard thread. Your deck is not standard legal and you are not playing in the standard format.
>>
File: 1.jpg (18KB, 478x450px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18KB, 478x450px
>>52988998
>2-0 curbstomp
>"n-netdecking is bad guys look at these innovative brews"
>>
>>52988998
I don't understand what these percentages mean.
>>
>>52989670
I also have no idea but I'd guess that these are vote numbers perhaps to decide which game would be shown on a stream.
>>
>>52989686
correct.
>>
>>52989686
...And we end up with Mardu Vehicles in the finals anyways
Jesus fucking Christ
>back to back Gideon
Planeswalkers were a mistake.
>>
>>52989752
>Planeswalkers were a mistake.
You may not like them, but others do.
>>
>>52989752
The mythic rarity was a mistake.
>>
>>52989752
Planeswalkers are inherently broken. They need to be restricted to one per deck.
>>
>>52989853
Yeah, how else will Timmy get his euphoric rush when he sees his Marvel superhero that he secretly fantasizes about being as escapism from his humdrum life? How will WotC rake in piles of money from the Gatewatch movie?
>>
>>52989925
If TwatC did that they'd start making twice as many story cards and they'd all tutor for planeswalkers.
>>
>>52989954
Fine, banned, whatever. : ^ )
>>
File: 1477642155294.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477642155294.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>52989992
>>52989954
>>52989941
>>52989925
>>52989889
>>52989889
>>52989853
>>52989752
Bring back Garruk slayer of Chads at 5 CMC
>>
File: dragonlord ojutai.jpg (244KB, 1078x767px) Image search: [Google]
dragonlord ojutai.jpg
244KB, 1078x767px
Good Dragon decks?
>>
>>52989342
He posted it in the modern general too.
His cards still aren't legal there.
>>
>>52990294

Mardu Vehicles
>>
So let me get this straight, Wizard's of the Coast managed to ban itself from a THREE deck meta to a TWO deck meta to now a ONE deck meta?

Do I have that right?
>>
>>52990601
we were never in a three deck meta
>>
In every game I've seen this Zach Stern guy plays way too fucking conservatively for an aggro deck
>>
>>52990619

Uh, what? In Kaledesh wasn't the three top three decks, Aetherworks, Black-Green Delirium, and Mardu Vehicles?
>>
>>52990747
Aetherworks, Delirium, and UW Flash
>>
>>52990758
>>52990747
No, Mardu Vehicles was top tier and is one reason they banned Copter
>>
>>52990758

All right, then yeah, that's still a three-deck Meta, right?
>>
Why can't they fucking clean house over at development? Standard has been terrible for years now. They really need to do it.
>>
>>52990580
is this some sort of meme now
seriously fuck standard
>>
Given how pissy people are about standard right now, I got a question for you all

Which period of standard was your favourite and why?
for me it was Fall 2011, because I really enjoyed the cards in innistrad & magic 2012, and it was the first time I got really into the game
>>
>>52990872
Last good Standard was Theros-Khans, which despite Thoughtseize/Rhino still allowed a bunch of different decks at different points.

Starting with BFZ and the huge boost in planeswalker power is when things went to shit
>>
Would unbanned UW Flash have been able to compete against Copycat and Mardu Vehicles?

btw Vehicles in general were a shit design, I'd say they ruined this standard more than the Planeswalkers did
>>
>>52990783
I was just clarifying.

>>>52990758
Copter went because it went in everything.

>>52990872
They've been trying to micromanage Standard to be exactly what they want it to be, as well as being unable to admit mistakes. Someone went on record by creaming themselves over how much they wanted Liliana vs. Emrakul pro tour games to go, and it happened.
>>
File: Image[1].png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
124KB, 223x311px
ITT mistakes
>>
>>52990944
Unbanning reflector mage would make copycat so much more insane. They get to flicker the reflector mages.
They litterally can't print or let in any more high value entery triggers without making the deck stronger. You need to print non-creature answers like Hero's downfall.
>>
File: ook ook banana.jpg (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ook ook banana.jpg
151KB, 500x500px
>>52990992
>>
>>52990992
If only it required a planeswalker that hadn't used their ability yet. I think that would make heart fair.
>>
>>52991042
Copycat got banned, son.

>>52991049
>A 2 mana Flying Vigilance 4/4 that cannot be hit by sorcery speed removal

Yeah, nah, it's absurdly broken as is.
>>
>>52990921

Mirage-Tempest is always going to be my go-to Standard. Shit was crazy.
>>
>>52990921
Zendikar - Mirrodin Besieged
Cards were powerful, matches were fun, caw blade wasn't the defacto best deck yet
>>
>>52991064
>running sorcery speed removal
>>
Will we see an emergency ban for Heart of Kiran or Gideon, AoZ given WotC's new policy of emergency banning based on two days of data?
>>
>>52991180
Everything banned but commons and uncommons.
Expeditions, masterpieces, ect become legal
>>
>>52991101
Meme all you want, removal's shit right now, and it dodges a board wipe.
>>
Is it just me or is pummeler the only deck that can beat mardu?
>>
File: shut it down.png (5MB, 2040x3160px) Image search: [Google]
shut it down.png
5MB, 2040x3160px
>>52991180
SCG Atlanta finals is Mardu vs Mardu, it may happen.
>>
>>52991229
Pummeler struggles against mardu because a lot of its cards are serving the purpose of either pumping the pummeler or generating energy for it. You either get half-decent artifact removal and hope that you can somehow kill before Gideon stomps your shit or you let him run all over you and hope you get the kill on t4.
>>
File: 1414777025859.jpg (34KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
1414777025859.jpg
34KB, 500x709px
>>52991242
>>52991180
There's no way they emergency ban after the backlash of waiting two days to emergency ban Felidar.

And even if they were willing you don't do it after one tournament where everyone is just playing familiar shit. They'll wait till the pro tour. If the pro tour is nothing but Mardu Vehicles I could see a ban at the mid-season ban and restricted update, not before
>>
ever since they got rid of event decks are there any sealed products that aren't complete dog shit?
>>
>>52991521
Usually a couple of the Commander decks are decent
>>
>>52991521
Putting together good preconstructed products is counter to wizards bottom line. Why sell one $35 product and nothing else when you can get people to spend hundreds chasing the same cards
>>
I've been thinking of running a mono black madness deck with this list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-mono-b-insanity/
I want to keep it as cheap as possible, but does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>52991080
>caw blade wasn't the defacto best deck yet

Yeah, Phyrexia had to come and ruin everything.
>>
>>52991330
Agreed pummeler doesn't have throw away energy creatures or protection spells. Terrible deck. Doesn't kill turn 4 consistently.
>>
>>52991893
>Doesn't kill turn 4 consistently.

Good, we dont want another lame and boring deck like infect.
>>
>>52991521
One or two of the Commander sets is always good, and occasionally one of the X v Y decks is above MRSP. If you shipped the cards at their peaks Zendikar v Eldrazi and Nissa v Obnixilis were both pretty good.
>>
>>52991932
Your moms lame and boring like infect.
>>
>>52991774
1-2 Geier Reach Sanitarium
>>
>>52990992
The entire plane of Kaladesh.
>>
>>52992107
This, holy shit.
>>
File: I_don't_give_a_golly.jpg (77KB, 587x456px) Image search: [Google]
I_don't_give_a_golly.jpg
77KB, 587x456px
>People claim B/G Counters is the natural predator for Mardu Vehicles
>Claim that without the Cat combo crowding out other decks Mardu will be easy pickings
>Claim Amonket gave "good answers" for the deck

>Mardu Vehicles still run away with everything virtually unopposed

It really makes you think.
>>
>>52992292
imo the reason mardu is still really good is because despite all those answers they printed in amonkhet, people have to actually draw those answers, and mardu is a very diverse deck- you have to answer artifacts that become creatures, small creatures, small artifact creatures that come back if you don't answer them with one or two particular cards, a 5/5 planeswalker creature, all while still winning the game your way.
>>
File: Ahhjani.jpg (196KB, 1280x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Ahhjani.jpg
196KB, 1280x1230px
Hey Standard.

The guys at the local shop have convinced me to jump back into this standard season with amonkhet. I've been a modern player for the last while so I don't even know whats big, in, or out. The only thing I know I have to cards for was copy-cat and well... Can't play that.

So any suggests for jumping back into standard?
>>
>>52992397
Don't.
>>
>>52992397
Draft for a while if you really want. No one knows what state Standard is in right now.

The only deck anyone knows right now is Mardu Vehicles. It's too soon for an alternative to have proven itself yet, because the set just came out.

Just draft and wait. The format is still a mess.
>>
>>52992397
GB constrictor
Temur tower.
Mardu vehicles.

I feel like WB zombies will be a thing- a path to exile exclusive to your tribe can only be a good thing.
>>
>>52992482
I've been trying to make B/W zombies work but the problem is if they fall behind you just lose. They need some sort of comeback threat but other than the new lilly idk what it would be.
>>
>>52992569
Diregraf Colossus is an option. Dusk // Dawn is very sideboardable and will return most of your zombies to your hand. Noosegraf mob?

I've been using Liliana's Mastery + Liliana, Death's Majesty as a curve-topper.
>>
>>52992748
>>52992748
>>52992748
New thread
>>
>>52992465
>No one knows what state Standard is in right now.
The best time to jump into standard. When you don`t have to worry about one arch type wrecking everything. Just jump in and play whatever.
>>
>>52992397
They just want to try and get cheap wins by playing you :^)
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.