[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 63

File: MTG Modern General.jpg (2MB, 3725x1040px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Modern General.jpg
2MB, 3725x1040px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General (Competitive Discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Metagame thoughts?

Decklists:
> https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
> http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
> http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
> https://www.mainphasemtg.net/gamingcontentblog/2017/4/24/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-42417
>>
File: Modern Metagame 4.24.2017.jpg (160KB, 736x897px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Metagame 4.24.2017.jpg
160KB, 736x897px
Direct weekly metagame link:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WCD5RsSUmTJJHF870YQZ7oS1xBDTX3a0OPnfoRqKY7I/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=410422045
>>
File: Hanweir-the-Writhing-Township.png (200KB, 635x740px) Image search: [Google]
Hanweir-the-Writhing-Township.png
200KB, 635x740px
>>52902461
I am playing a meld deck because I am a retard. Especially with Fatal Push around.
>>
>>52902487
does DSJ have trouble vs Dredge or something?
>>
File: 1487626650179.jpg (75KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487626650179.jpg
75KB, 720x540px
What are you taking from Amonkhet?
>>
>>52902516
Not really, Dredge hasn't won a whole lot recently either, just played a ton.
>>
There was some.discusion.towards the end of the last thread about TCC's new video and the issue of reprints for modern cards so check it: what if they revive the premium deck series and make bad versions of modern decks with a few staples thrown in?

Like, Premium deck series: The Rock
1x goyf, liliana, maelstrom pulse, abrupt decay, thoughtseize, verdant catacombs, a set of IoK and fatal push, some garbage filler and slap a $49.95 msrp on it. Print to demand and sell that shit in walmart.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (115KB, 750x995px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
115KB, 750x995px
>>52902782
new cryptic commands
>>
File: Shadow Jund.jpg (491KB, 2244x2258px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Jund.jpg
491KB, 2244x2258px
>>52902516
Dredge is one of DSJ's worst matchups. However, if you are packing 3-4 graveyard cards and 1-2 Anger of the Gods in the sideboard it helps immensely.
>>
File: received_1315390815163282.png (304KB, 588x587px) Image search: [Google]
received_1315390815163282.png
304KB, 588x587px
Someone posted an image in the last thread that was a sticker attached to a deck box.

It was some smug anime girl on the box and people suggested that they play UW Control for maximum smugness.

That got me thinking:

>What image best represents your deck?
>Bonus points if it is a reaction image.

I built WG Hound Tribal with Adaptive Automaton, Metallic Mimic, and Collected Company. It is okay. Fun, but just okay.

I want a deck box with this cool dude on it.

>Pic related.
>>
File: 1477648585017.png (112KB, 419x407px) Image search: [Google]
1477648585017.png
112KB, 419x407px
>>52903064
>>
File: bugman.png (326KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
bugman.png
326KB, 640x481px
>>52903064
>>
File: bf1db0cb.jpg (43KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
bf1db0cb.jpg
43KB, 637x476px
>>52903064
>>
>>52902494
>meld, Fatal Push
Oh yeah... Fuck wizards must really hated their own mechanic. It's not even good to start with...
>>
>>52902782
Harsh mentor.
Maybe go down an atarkas command or skull crack and lavamancer for a pair
>>
>>52903369
You really should move away from ACommand, anyway. Unless you're still playong Nacatl. Were you planning to main Harsh Mentor?
>>
File: saheeli.jpg (186KB, 1776x877px) Image search: [Google]
saheeli.jpg
186KB, 1776x877px
Been looking for some foiled By Forces in Amonkhet

That aside, I've sleeved up Saheeli a couple weeks ago and damn this deck is fun to play
>>
>>52902461

>no one plays Bogles anymore
>>
>>52903606
Standard thread is two blocks down champ
>>
>>52903646
good riddance
>>
>>52903811

What makes you say that?
>>
>>52902494
I'm curious how that interacts with spy kit...
>>
Made top 4 for the first time with affinity . Feels good man
>>
>>52902782
if glorybringer was just a tiny bit better i would replace a stormbreath in skred with it

however, im playing the real mvp instead. insult//injury.
>>
File: John_Avon_Invasion_Forest.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
John_Avon_Invasion_Forest.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>52902782
I'm going to test 2 copies of snek god in my mono-green stompy deck but otherwise nothing. It's a shame though, I really enjoy some of the new mechanics and flavor.
>>
>>52902782
It baffles me how bad they fucked the flashback split cards, none of them are constructed playable.

I will pick up a couple of Mindcensors and maybe that Remedies uncommon to see if it picks up in Melira CoCo builds (doubt it). Also a few of the Cycle lands to test around with Loam value builds but again I don't foresee anything solid coming from it, the 2 mana cycling cost slows down an already slow Loam shell.

Unrelated but I am reminded of that RUG Loam shitposter from a while back, pushing his laughably shit deck, what happened to him?
>>
>>52903606
Man I actually love that deck. You're list is quite solid.
I want to see a version that's completely tuned around the blinking effects, using Oath of Nissa and co., maybe Huntmaster as a P&K clone, idk.
When your deck gets banned next month it should definitely have a home in Modern.
>>
>>52903606
Didn't I play you on Xmage a couple of days ago? Or was it an other autist?
>>
File: anti depressants.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
anti depressants.png
68KB, 500x380px
Any other Grixis Control players out there been getting shit on lately? Is the deck just not good enough to play anymore?
>>
File: IMG_2870.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870.png
127KB, 223x311px
>>52904763
>see if it picks up in Melira CoCo, doubt it
Really? In a deck that already runs copies of a near-identical card, and already runs copies of a 2cmc dork? In a 4 CoCo 4 Chord deck built around assembling multi-creature combos?

Just don't overcommit the list to that meme and it's literally a pure buff to Abzan Company.

You can now make infinite mana by casting Melira the turn after you played a Wall of Roots, think of it like that.

1 Ana 3 Vizier instead of 2 Ana 2 Melira, replace Wall of Roots with Druid.

Add Duskwatch and SnekGod and you're good to go.
>>
>>52895135
(OP from the scapeshift post you were taking to before in the last thread) My my meta has a lot of midrange and a doubling cube/helix pinnacle meme deck and pretty much any other saffron olive meme brew. Bunch of meme decks and turn 2 and 3 blood moons. I feel RUG would do decently there. Plus I haven't used my playset of cryptics since they've gotten reprinted and plummeted in price
>>
File: prison2-400x300.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
prison2-400x300.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>52903064
>>
>>52905030
It's perfectly fine, just too much low to the ground aggro strategies pissing about preying on the control and grindy decks
>>
File: skred.jpg (88KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
skred.jpg
88KB, 540x540px
>>52903064
>>
File: IMG_2872.jpg (333KB, 1280x1670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2872.jpg
333KB, 1280x1670px
>>52903064
>>
File: 1488707283055.png (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488707283055.png
165KB, 400x400px
>>52905050
>In a deck that already runs copies of a near-identical card
Near being the key word. I don't know if you play the deck but if you did you would know the value Ana brings to the table and how crusial that 1 toughness gap is. But it's not the end of the world and even I could see it replace Melira (which means she would have to take up sideboard slots for the infect/affinty matchup which isn't idea) that was not what I meant by my post, I was referring to the going all in with Devoted Druid/infinite mana build, that I am skeptical of. But hey I dislike Raliers over Ewitts so maybe I am slow to change.
>You can now make infinite mana by casting Melira the turn after you played a Wall of Roots, think of it like that.
No you can't, wall of roots doesn't place -1/-1 counters it places 0/-1 counters and doesn't interact. Are you sure you know what you are talking about.
> replace Wall of Roots with Druid.
As far replacing Wall of Roots with Devoted druid I really don't like especially in the current aggro heavy meta, I can't count the times it has saved my butt blocking goyfs, Flayers, guides and all sorts of cancer only to make chord for a game changer EOT due to the double mana it provides, hell I am in the minority that runs of them and I love it. Devoted druid does none of these things.
>Add Duskwatch and SnekGod and you're good to go.
Duskwatch is subpar on it's own compared to other value generators (tried it as 2 offs when it came out) and I honestly don't get the snake god meme, literally none of the creatures in a standard list are over 4 power and even if they were what the fuck is the point? Attacking with a 5/5? So? Do you have any idea how tight the list is and even when the does goes for the beatdown path to victory it goes wide with Gavony beats. No clue what the people talking about Rhonas are actually thinking.
>>
>>52905030
Bad matchups in the current meta. I switched to Delver but its still subpar so I am putting the deck aside for now and playing something else.
>>
What should I buy if I want a large assortment of random cards(other than those stacks of commons that just have duplicates)
I'm just looking to get a large amount of cards for me and my friends, so we can mess around a bit
>>
>>52905412
>that runs 3 of them
Mistake
>>
>>52905079
If your meta is a meme powered, shitbrew one the yeah go for it since it really doesn't matter in that regard if it isn't a competitive scene. As someone that has sleeved up the deck in the past (after BTL was printed) I have to say it's pretty fun to play and it rewards tight play especially games 2-3 where they are coming for your combo.

Still tho I would again suggest you pick up the Titans now.
>>
>>52905412
>your melira and wall of roots now combo for infinite
>"durr wall of roots+melira doesnt make infinite mana!!"
>not understanding I was being analogous
As condescending as your first post.
Make no mistake, you're sleeping on the interaction, but by all means you're right as far as Vizier being worse than Melira and Druid being worse than Wall. The deck wins through assembling combos more often than it wins through value, and the combo is extremely low opportunity cost (the cards are doing what the deck innately wants)

And by the way, Snek requires creatures with power 2 to be good.
As for Duskwatch, you don't even need him with Snek, as any time you could find him you can just as easily find Snek, I prefer having more sinks in the deck for the combo.

Example:

Turn 2 Druid, Turn 3 cast CoCo: you hit Vizier, you gain infinite stackproof mana (unless they kill druid before coco resolves)

vs

Turn 2 Wall of Roots, Turn 3 cast CoCo: you hit Melira, and you wish you weren't a huge faggot running inferior cards
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-002809.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-002809.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Is this card going to make modern even worse?
>>
>>52905532
For sure. I already have the g/r together. Just need to do something about the memes. So I'll technically still have both decks Judy one at any given time.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-09-16-mardu-superfriends/
Does anyone remember this? It needs an update, can anyone suggest newer cards/new meta counters?
>>
>>52902516

DSJ has trouble against any deck that aims to go super wide.
>>
>>52904358
>mono green stompy
Post list please
>>
File: IMG_2832.png (386KB, 525x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2832.png
386KB, 525x374px
>>52905412
And any time you CoCo with your shitty 2mana dork out, they literally must kill it, or risk infinite mana. Your """Wall of Roots""" aka Druid, you daft boy, double as """Spellskites""" whenever you are trying to assemble a """Melira""" persist loop.
>>
>>52905649
>The deck wins through assembling combos more often than it wins through value
Game 1, game 2 and 3 your chances of comboing are reduced at least by half in most matchups.
>>And by the way, Snek requires creatures with power 2 to be good
So you not only want to play a 3 mana do nothing doesn't fit your gameplan you are actually relying on it to spend 3 mana every turn (6 total if you want it to block) just to make it attack and block? This is fucking Pod deckbuilding 101.

I ask again, how long have you been playing this deck? I ain't saying that I won't test all this out, I test even the fringest shit that comes with each set but as someone that has been playing this deck since it's inception I am not optimistic and relying/over investing on the combo win is a rookie mistake. Podless is akin to Twin, a deck that does it's thing and can win out of nowhere if you don't respect it.
>>
I play RB reanimator in legacy, and I'm looking for something equally greedy in modern. Any suggestions?
>>
>>52905651

It certainly won't oppress the format. It will be an interesting look for the Delver type decks to play.
>>
>>52905798
It's a combo piece. I can rant about how Redcap is a shit card all day (in fact I've cut it, life+scry for ana does the same thing) but it clearly has a purpose. The same reason people run Duskwatch and the same reason why most other people are trying to jam Ballista in a CoCo deck.
You don't need to use the ability for him to be powerful; if you have 4 mana open and threaten for him to block, endstep CoCo if they don't... or even CoCo endstep, untap and pump+swing is a lot of power.

But he's not in the deck for that reason he's a 1of the same reason Invoker would be be a 1of were it a passable creature on it's own.
>>
>>52905800

The only two fast reanimator type decks in Modern are Grishoalbrand using Goryo's Vengeance to reanimate a Griselbrand and then using Nourishing Shoal exiling Worldspine Wurm to keep gaining life and drawing the deck and either attacking in another combat step on the same turn with Fury of the Horde or flinging a bunch of cards to the opponent's face with Borborygmos Enraged. Alt win con can still use Through the Breach a Worldspine Wurm or Griselbrand or Emrakul

The other is Hulk Footsteps using Footsteps of the Goryo to put a Protean Hulk into play, sacrificing it at endstep with the trigger and then grabbing Body Double and Viscera Seer. Body double copies the Protean Hulk and then sacs to Viscera Seer, searches for Reveillark and Mogg Fanatic. Sac Mogg Fanatic to ping them in the face, sac Reveillark to Seer, grab Body Double and Mogg Fanatic again, Body Double copies Reveillark and Mogg fanatic pings for 1. Sac Body Double that is the copy of Reveillark and bring itself back when the death trigger happens and Mogg Fanatic. Repeat as necessary. Alt wincon Through the Breach into Emrakul or Body Double copying Grave Titans.

Grishoalbrand is capable of winning turn 2, sometimes extremely rarely on turn 1 but the combo can whiff. Hulk Footsteps is capable of winning turn 3, little bit more consistent and can fight through hate a bit better. Seeing as you liked to be greedy, go with Grishoalbrand.
>>
>>52905651
This card isn't even good
>>
File: abzanmaymays.png (464KB, 1090x692px) Image search: [Google]
abzanmaymays.png
464KB, 1090x692px
>>52905798
r8h8
also don't judge the saffi, she's cute.
CUUUTE!!!
>>
>>52906049

At least you can attack through Ensnaring Bridge.
>>
>>52902900
Stockpiled and sold at market value of the singles on ebay.

Bad idea.

The speculated reason that Wotc doesn't put known good cards into Duel Decks/Clash Packs is that apparently, most weren't making it into the hands of the players. They were getting opened up by store owners and sold because the individual cards were worth more than the MSRP of the set.
>>
>>52906074
That's not the point of Rhonas; he was originally Walking Ballista. Then he was Invoker, then Menagerie, and finally it was Rhonas who rose above them as the best wincon.
>>
>>52905927
List for both?
>>
File: 134234234529.jpg (29KB, 290x324px) Image search: [Google]
134234234529.jpg
29KB, 290x324px
>>52905910
>I can rant about how Redcap is a shit card all day (in fact I've cut it, life+scry for ana does the same thing)
Now you truly lost me. Redcap on it's own have won me tons of games both by the shock sniping a key piece and by stalling with Gavony/Feeder to cancel out the -1/-1 counter. Also I don't see how you can't run it, I can name at least 5 matchups off the top of my head that don't fold to infinite life and can lock the board so that Melira+ana+sac+finks don't seal the deal.

I bet you don't even run Thune/Feeder you fucking heathen

>>52906049
Have you tested it?
>Rhonas
>Duskwatch (went into detail earlier)
>No main board Tracker (I run 2, he is the solution to the grindfest, topdeck war of the current meta)
>Selfless main (it's a meta choice and I personally didn't like it but I do run 2 in the side or 1 and 1 Forge Tender)
>2-2 split of Rallier-Ewitt, I prefer the 1-2 split because it can clog your hand with 4 total copies
>No Voice mainboard (meta choice too)
>1 fucking gavony, seriously?
>22 lands, big mistake probably the biggest one I made early on from the switch from Pod to CoCo even doubly now with Tireless.
>I prefer the 1-1 (or even 0-2 with the speed of the meta) split with Canopies and fastlands but that's marginal
>Saffi, come on now
>3 Nobles is too many imo, I run the 4-2 split (hell I am even testing 4-0 and it's surprisingly pretty fucking great)
>Nigga build a fucking sideboard before showing off, what the balls? That's half your worth as a pilot, especially in a toolbox deck like this
6/10. I also like to run a single encha/artifact hate mainboard (pridemage) so that you aren't totally dead to meme decks like enchantress and Lantern and it hoses a lot of other decks as well.
>>
>>52906119

Yeah but outside of Rhonas you don't have a very good sideplan or alternate line of winning. You don't really have any good dudes that you can ramp into to provide a solid blocker or attack on the board. You don't really pressure early against decks faster than you nor do you pressure against decks that will eventually have inevitability against you at a certain point in stage 3 aka the lategame. You don't even have room for Path or a Thoughtseize in the deck for problem cards you may come up against. What if you end up playing against another Abzan CoCo or Abzan deck and they slam in a Linvala Keeper of Silence against you, you practically can't win or answer that at this point. Like Saffi is fine because you can just loop dudes Finks forever with the Seer and stabilize or make it unlikely for your opponent to win there and then but some decks just don't give a shit about your life total and will win outside it like AN with Lab Maniac.

The combo win should be the plan B while the plan A should be to have effiicent beatdown against decks that have no aggression early but are strong middle and lategame.
>>
>>52906170

My Hulk Footsteps deck is somewhat outdated(we're talking like Splinter Twin era of Modern) for current metagame. At best all I can do is link you to mtgsalvation forums for some lists and trending changes between the decks. Hulk Footsteps is very rarely played so the surprise factor can get people. Grishoalbrand most people are generally aware of.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/tier-2-modern/599726-grishoalbrand-griselbrand-reanimator
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/649266-bubble-hulk
>>
>>52906201
Added the Tracker.
Basically you're saying -1Noble +1Land, the rest is average but okay? I'm fine with this.

The 2 Canopy is good with 2 Rallier, as for 2 Gavony, call me chickenshit but I'm a fetch-for-basic kinda dude and I don't want to get colorcucked. I'm still going to test with 22 lands but I can see why more would be good.

And you lay off Saffi, she tries just as hard as Selfless Spirit okay?! She even brings an etb along with her, don't bully saffikun
>>
>>52906366
I don't think you understand the importance of Gavony, I would rather run 3 than run 1. Any enemy pilot worth his salt will most of the time target it for land destruction/Spreading Seas as opposed to trying to color screw you.
>>
>>52906266
Thanks
>>
Hey guys I made a massive mound of jank that I think might be good and was looking for opinions.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/draw-godek/

Much appreciated
>>
>>52906692
Spell Queller seems like a poor fit, Vendilion Clique might be better.

I would consider Esper Charm, Mystical Teachings and Celestial Colonnade.

Retaliate is trash, Consume the Meek is much better, and even with that you'll probably want some number of proper Wraths in the side.
>>
File: 1255486995.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1255486995.png
128KB, 223x311px
How do you handle BW aggro allies? pic related always makes play's awkward.
>>
>>52907005
By just winning the fucking game because that's not a real deck?
>>
>>52907005
Shoot him with removal at EoT and then play a sweeper next turn

Or just run Anger of the Gods
>>
>>52906049
>59 card maindeck
>3 card sideboard

wut
>>
>>52907005
see >>52907029

If you're losing to that you're either really bad or playing a really bad deck. Probably both.
>>
>>52906104
Yeah, that's what almost happened with commander 2013 because one of the decks had true-name nemesis in it, so they printed the shit out of that deck until TNN crashed to $20 and it wasn't worth opening a $30 msrp product to get them anymore

Print
To
Demand
>>
>>52907177
maybeboard?
>>
>>52904268
The entire point is to be Path-proof.
>>
>>52904268
Stormbreath is too good at stealing games from white decks.
>>
I have a boogles feck with the fetches and shocks. What can I turn it into kinda on the cheap?
>>
File: Mono_Green_Stompy.png (16KB, 652x203px) Image search: [Google]
Mono_Green_Stompy.png
16KB, 652x203px
>>52905784
Here's my list. It's nothing particularly fancy. I'm going to be dropping the pair of Dungroves to fit in Rhonas initially and see how it goes.
>>
>>52907449
>Kalonian Tusker
>No Blossoming Defense
>No Narnam Renegade

Wrong, try again.
>>
File: opinions.gif (447KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.gif
447KB, 160x160px
>>52907468
>>
File: IMG_0239.jpg (45KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0239.jpg
45KB, 480x430px
>posting on mtg salvation
>suggesting bedlam reveler in a build
>guy comes back with a list with 19 instants and sorceries and says he doesn't think Reveler really fits in the deck while I was running 30 instants and sorceries

Are you retarded man? Like how can people be so fucking shit at mtg?
>>
File: y tho.png (949KB, 797x559px) Image search: [Google]
y tho.png
949KB, 797x559px
>>52907468
>Narnam Renegade
>in a deck with no reliable way to enable revolt
>>
>>52907581
>not playing green fetches in your stomps list
>>
>>52907581
>Play it in second main after trading creatures

It's not hard anon
>>
>>52907581
But dude, you gotta run fetches for deck thinning! That's how you trigger revolt.
>>
>>52907613
>>52907616

Memes aside, it's a 1/2 Deathtouch for G, that can potentially pump your Avatar.
>>
>>52907561
>playing against R/G Zoo as tron
>assemble tron too late, he has me next turn
>sigh and play Karn anyway, exile his best creature
>doesn't matter though, he he still has lethal next turn
>he takes a moment to assess the situation at the beginning of his turn
>sends two of his guys at Karn, sparing me
>drop Ugin next turn and stabilize
Some people are just not great at magic.
>>
File: Header-Breach.jpg (235KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
Header-Breach.jpg
235KB, 620x375px
>>52905800
i play grishoalbrand. haven't played br reanimator
i guess they can both kill pretty fast but with grishoalbrand you usually end up winning by dealing massive damage in one turn
You should give it a try. there are a lot of fun tricks it can pull and you get to play the biggest creatures in the format!
>>
>>52907639
Plays like that really baffle me, because you'd think as an aggro player against a big deck like Tron you'd be counting for lethal constantly. It's not some durdly creature mirror where it's not immediately obvious because of weird combat math, it's literally "I need to count to 20 ASAP or I fucking lose". How can you mess that up?
>>
Is there anything more pathetic than playing against someone not on DSJ? It's fucking sad, as each card they draw is discarded, and each creature they play outclassed by my vastly superior beats. It honestly makes me sick, being so poor you can't even affor good decks. I personally believe if you're not playing DSJ you need to end your life.
>>
How effective is pithing needle vs tron? Fixing up my sideboard and don't know if I should be cutting my single copy of pithing needle or not.
>>
>>52908081
It turns off Karn or Ugin, so potentially pretty effective.
>>
>>52908081
It can actually be pretty efficient. Works insanely well in a deck with multiple Ancient Stirrings
>>
>>52902914
You mean UNCRYPTIC COMMANDI?
>>
>>52908122
But pithing doesn't hit ancient stirrings? Not sure what your line of thought is here.
>>
>>52908209
I think what he's saying is the deck running Ancient Stirrings works well running needle as well.
>>
I must say, I'm impressed with how well Gifts Storm plays. After probe was banned I thought that was that, but the new deck is more fun to play as well as actually more resilient.
>>
>>52908305
Baral is better than Ascension, and Probe is only worth playing with Ascension anyway.
>>
File: 1404089833921.jpg (13KB, 171x171px) Image search: [Google]
1404089833921.jpg
13KB, 171x171px
>>52907639
>Playing Melira
>Game 3
>Opponent is on some jank GW Tron build, very bad match up
>Have seen he has boarded in Paths
>My turn, Ana and Seer on the board t3
>Got no turn 3 play but finks but also no lands
>"Whatever, he will probably path but I have nothing better to play and need the mana"
>Cast Finks
>It enters
>In response to the life gain effect his Paths the Finks
>>
>>52907690
To be fair I'm shit at math. I play 8 whack so I have to double count to check I'm counting everything right with bushwhacker +1 and since I play signal pests I gotta add that as well then I have to remember foundry st triggers.
>>
>>52902782

an UB cycling deck for kitchen table/dicking around in standard

Maybe if I go crazy I'll get some copies bird delver and try it somewhere
>>
File: 1477353931906.jpg (71KB, 338x436px) Image search: [Google]
1477353931906.jpg
71KB, 338x436px
>>52903064

UR Delver
>>
>>52908441
I don't get it
>>
>>52908555
The missplay is twofold. Firstly by letting the Finks enter I can at least get infinite life and scrys, he should have pathed in response to the Finks cast and secondly by targeting the Finks I can just sac it meaning that Path did literally nothing.
>>
>>52908581
Oh, I didn't read that you had the other pieces out, I get it now.
>>
>>52908581
Did he have a counterspell? you cant path something on the stack.
>>
>>52908596
Read it again
>>
>>52908596
You path the seer while the finks is on the stack you stupid bitch
>>
>>52908663
Upon rereading I can see you had a viscera seer, mb.
>>
>>52908555
>>52908592
>>52908596
>>52908977

Not impressed, lads...
>>
>>52908977
Learn to read you stupid bitch, you're the kind of fag that calls judges 10 times a match I'm sure
>>
>>52909383
Na, im just the kind of person who skims greentext stories on 4chan.
>>
>>52909443
So the scum of the earth
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
So we can all agree this card isn't banned because it doesn't help Storm, right?
>>
>>52909478
No, the card isn't banned because it goes in exactly Lantern and Affinity out of the viable decks, neither of which is anywhere near banworthy.
>inb4 something something drooling retards vintage level something
>>
>>52909478
Maybe it's because it doesn't enable any tier 0 decks and typically doesn't kill before turn 4 besides memeios
>>
>>52909478
Cheerios is a storm deck, but its not a good deck. Seismic swans is a better meme deck.
>>
>>52909478
Why don't they just ban the storm cards instead of all the enablers that make a lot of other decks instead of killing every good cantrip and ritual
>>
>>52909535
Cause they don't want Modern to be legacy lite. Serum Visions is good enough in their opinion
>>
>>52909503
Affinity can kill on turn 3. So can KCI.
If this card helped the traditional Storm deck, it would definitely be banned.
>>
>>52909688
Wow I didn't know you worked at Wizards and decided what gets banned, thanks for letting me know
>>
>>52910002
If I had job I wouldn't be posting on 4chan
>>
>>52910056
Lmao are you ten?
>>
>>52906104
Then it's the faults of the players who attend that shop not reporting it. What the shop I went to did was tell anyone who bought the deck that there was a valuable card inside that the store would be willing to buy out of the box. They usually offered like $15 for TNN and the store owner would throw in some one or two dollar commander card so the player still had a full deck. To many people, getting the deck for $15 minus some random card that's only useful in a format they don't play was a steal, and the store got to cash in on the TNN craze and keep players happy.
>>
>>52907468
Not him, but Vines of Vastwood is straight up better than blossoming defense in most cases, and Tusker helps with devotion for Aspect at the very least.
>>
>>52908209
He means it can be hit by stirrings in decks like lantern and Bant Eldrazi.
>>
File: IMG_0286.png (271KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.png
271KB, 750x1334px
Anyone else not loving kommand in DSJ? Like it's okay, and yeah it's great against affinity, but it seems like 90% of the time I'm just shocking my opp and making them discard. I find it sits in my hand a lot and sometimes I'm only on 2 lands, it just doesn't do it for me. Anyone else cutting it?
>>
>>52902494
Meld cards have CMC equal to both flipped halves

202.3a The converted mana cost of an object with no mana cost is 0, unless that object is the back face of a double-faced permanent or is a melded permanent.

202.3c The converted mana cost of a melded permanent is calculated as though it had the combined mana cost of the front faces of each card that represents it. If a permanent is a copy of a melded permanent (even if that copy is represented by two other meld cards), the converted mana cost of the copy is 0.

So to kill your pic related, push has to have revolt in order to kill
>>
>>52902782
im snaging some As fortold cards from it
>>
>>52912639
>You aspect
>They path/push/snag/whatever
>Not to mention you need Devotion 4+ for it to not just be giant growth or worse

lol good work nerd. Aspect of the Hydra is getting replaced by Blossoming Defense in more and more lists, and Tusker hasn't been run for months in most lists because of that. Do some research before talking, thanks.
>>
>>52907561
I don't think he understood the power of draw 3.
>>
>>52914731
We nicknamed it Treasure Bruise for a reason
>>
>>52913721

>tfw miracles got terminus'd

I'm so lost that I'm lurking the modern threads. I really don't know what to do
>>
>>52912444
>Then it's the faults of the players who attend that shop not reporting it
>"hey wizards, this store I go to doesn't have any Izzet vs. Golgari. I dug through their trash and they've got a purchase receipt for 300 units."

Also,
>have a product model that requires morally good store owners to avoid the product being exploited for value
>somehow thinking this is fine in an explicitly nonmoral consideration like investing

Putting guaranteed cards worth more than the MSRP of their package is never going to be a good idea, unless the intent is to print it into the ground.
>>
File: 1489901638934.png (218KB, 303x301px) Image search: [Google]
1489901638934.png
218KB, 303x301px
>>52914868
Jump ship to our clearly superior format.
>>
>>52914868
Go back to your superior format, there is no joy here
>>
>>52914904
>Being so autistic you can't put two and two together
>"Hey store owner, do you have that grixis commander deck?"
>Nah sorry we're sold out
>"Damn, when are you getting another shipment, I really wanted to start with that deck for commander."
>Never. But we do have about forty copies of every single card in the deck available for individual purchase. :^)
>>
>>52914908

Where's the control decks? Don't tell me that anti-DS pile is the only hard control you guys got

>>52914915

I don't even know if I can trust legacy anymore. When they make emotionally charged decisions like they just did in a format that's supposed to be safe from that bullshit I don't have any confidence investing. Our format just became modern with brainstorm and degenerate combo, it's gonna be complete fucking chaos and anarchy without the police force.
>>
>>52915422
>muh control
Oh give me a break. Play something else or fuck off. It doesn't work and wotc wants it that way
>>
>>52915422
>Where's the control decks?
There aren't any, unless you count lantern control I suppose. We've got 12 different flavors of midrange, aggro, and combo each, but no hard control.

The difference here though is that nobody is disillusioning themselves by pretending there are good control decks in the format. There's no bullshit here in modern.
>>
>>52915422
I'm fairly sure everyone was expecting something from Miracles to get banned, sooner or later. The fact they banned top, the one ban that outright kills the deck, is tough, however.

Also,
>>
>>52915422
Something like this might work for you, but control is pretty weak in Modern.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-uw-control-modern
>>
>>52915567
How does it feel being a living embodiment of the reason this game sucks? Without hard control there can be no balanced meta, fuck even Hearthstone has control decks. A format needs control, aggro, and combo in varying amounts. Dropping any of these archetypes causes the format to devolve into shit, invariably.
>>
>>52915715
Just because the Holy Trinity has never been challenged does not mean there are no other options.

Personally, I think Modern is plenty diverse. It's actually in good shape right now, asides from Blue being a generally worthless color.
>>
>>52915422
>the only hard control you guys got
Esper Control is probably the "hardest" control deck in Modern. It's a perfectly viable choice around the FNM level.

Here's a list that did well recently: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/553529#paper
>>
>>52915422
UW control is the only control deck in the meta, and it's not much. I hate Modern's meta right now, I also wish control could be more viable. Currently I'm playing Esper control, it's a hit or miss kinda thing, really, really depends on the matchup

To all the timmies, I'm sorry the ability to say no makes you cry, but I hate that your crying makes WotC make control weak af in modern
>>
>>52915757
>I think the format is healthy, except for this glaring flaw that shows it isn't
>>
>>52915823
Not my fault Blue was based around playing poker when everyone else was playing Magic.
>>
>>52915567

Easy for you to say when your preferred archetypes are encouraged and loved by wizards. Tapping creatures for face may be your preferred strategy, but I believe that my opponent should have to work for their win.

>>52915604

Lantern is interesting but from what I can tell, it completely rides on ensnaring bridge and that's not cool

>>52915671

So was I. Miracles was the only deck I ever enjoyed piloting, so I was ready to accept that something would be banned and was willing to work around it. But nothing replaces top. My only hope is that someone comes up with an esper mentor list that can maybe function similarly, but currently legacy has no playable wrath effects. Terminus was the only way to deal with shit like recurring creatures, indestructible fatties like lage, or value shit like leovold.
I even anticipated that they could possibly ban both cb and terminus and was prepared to move to nic fit, but nic fit lost its only good card filter so that's out as well.
What really stings is their reasoning for the top ban. Slow play because of top was not common among experienced pilots.
>>
>>52915862
What does this even mean?

Blue doesn't need cantrips to be a worthwhile color in modern, it just needs timmies not bitching that its only other slice of the pie, extensive stack interaction, is "unfun" because they don't like it when their craw wurm is countered.
>>
>>52915949
>but I believe that my opponent should have to work for their win.
so run removal if that's what you want, but what you actually want is your opponents to have your begrudging permission to win
>it completely rides on ensnaring bridge and that's not cool
t. man crying that his entire deck got banned out because top is kill
>>
How is getting your shit discarded more fun than having it countered?
>>
>>52916090
>something something COUNTERS WASTE MY WHOLE TURN ; _ ;
>>
>>52916090
probably something to do with how discard rewards playing the cards you want to play, in an effort to make sure they are out of hand so they don't get discarded, while counters punish you. probably also something to do with how discard can whiff or waste turns due to being at sorcery usually while counters are at instant and just get replaced with draw if you don't hit with a counter that turn

obviously this is more black and white than it really is but I'm sure the reasoning is something like this
>>
>>52916088

The fundamental difference between hiding behind an ensnaring bridge and hiding behind the countertop is that if countertop was shut down the deck still had outs, but if your bridge gets decayed you have a laughable chance of winning unless you find another.
>>
File: 1491806598332.png (50KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1491806598332.png
50KB, 321x322px
>>52916247
>ban top
>all miracles players declare it dead
>put on suicide watch
>ban bridge
>all latern players will probably declare it dead
>put on suicide watch
>>
>>52915715
>>52915949
Typical you'd go straight to assumptions with your epic creatures tappening argument. I play all types. Control only, fart sniffers can fuck off.
Secondly, your thought that control is absolutely necessary is incorrect
>>
>>52916227
>oh nice! I ripped my terminate off the top so I can kill this huge threat
>oh no! I ripped this stubborn denial and can't do fuck all with it against what's on board.
Also, the counter player does not have several in hand at all times like some would believe. Even if he does, you can play around counters. Discard you cannot on modern.

Really all it comes down to is the mindset. Timmy has cast his craw wurm so it's on the clear right? It gets countered. Not only did he get whatever etb he wanted but his puny mind thought it would resolve for sure.
That same Timmy with that same short sightedness has his wurm Thoughtseized away. A little sad but hey, he wasn't playing it at the time. Completely oblivious to the graveyard shit that has been enabled and the fact his opponent has perfect information.

I don't hate either but there is certainly an unwarranted taboo against counters
>>
>>52915422
The Miracle ban was a lot of things, retarded first of all, but emotionally charged it was not.

>>52915757
>Personally, I think Modern is plenty diverse.
Yeah all those aggro/midrange goodstuff decks sure are diverse. Sweden should be jealous.
>>
>>52916337
Guess what, so do I faggot, control isn't even my favorite archetype, but if you read anything Richard Garfield wrote about the trinity you'd understand why it is core to the game's design.
>>
>>52916545
>Richard Garfield
That fucker is long gone. Whatever he said bears no weight in current year
>>
>>52916337

Us "fart sniffers" just know that linear aggro strategies take little to no thought barring affinity math and I'm not comfortable with being beaten by someone that didn't have to think for his win. What's the point of playing a game where conditions for winning are whoever drew more damage spells/ETB effects?
I do respect people that play midrange/combo though.
>your thought that control is absolutely necessary is incorrect
Maybe it's not necessary in a format where aggro creature decks can function as pseudo-control due to all their removal/discard spells, but it's definitely necessary in a format where you have to be moderately concerned if you don't have a FoW in your first 7.
>>
>>52916470
like I said, it isn't as black and white as I made it seem but I can see why people think they're more okay with discard than they are with counters, realistically how likely would the kind of draw go control deck with cancer amount of counters that people think they'd play against be? not likely or common at all. but that's the kind of shit people are afraid of
>>
>>52916564
>no bearing on the game he created and led through the best years of its existence
>game went to shit not long after his departure

Funny how those correlate.
>>
legacy players are so cute arguing over which <3cmc mana artifacts that entirely warp the game are okay and which aren't
>>
>>52916607
Control does not take fucking skill. You use your resources as you must.
Path the threat
Counter that thing or you'll lose.
Oh you must mean swinging with collanade or your other generic beater, that must be the hard part. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
File: 1473189752347.png (226KB, 499x413px) Image search: [Google]
1473189752347.png
226KB, 499x413px
>>52916666
>>52916660
>>52916636
>>52916630
>>52916607
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT
CONTROL IS A PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE METHOD OF GAMEPLAY
MIRACLES WAS A PERFECTLY FAIR DECK THAT TOOK SKILL AND EVERYONE ENJOYED PLAYING AS AND AGAINST IT
TOP WAS UNJUSTLY BANNED
MODERN WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT WITHOUT A CONTROL DECK THAT DOMINATES THE FORMAT
>>
>>52916666
>Control does not take fucking skill. You use your resources as you must.
The best way to use your resources is not always obvious. Answering every threat your opponent has up front could leave you in a weaker position than if you sandbagged with your life total to get value out of sweepers and card draw. And because your strategy is entirely reactive you need to know your opponent's deck as well as your own.

I'm not saying it's rocket science, or the hardest thing to do in magic, but it has more nuance than a lot of aggro or combo decks.

At the end of the day one archetype is not inherently more skillful than the others. Only individual decks can hold that title.
>>
>>52916666
Control takes just as much skill as any other deck, don't be contrarian for the sake of it. Control needs to assess threats and deal with them efficiently, wasting spells on something you didn't have to can easily lead to a threat you can't answer. Aggro needs to sequence their drops and get the most out of their (relatively) limited resources. Combo needs to memorize their outs for different situtions and sequence draws with cantrips.

Of course this is in an ideal meta, currently it's more like aggro and combo race each other while tron just nukes the board twice before playing a fatty.
>>
File: 1491001354866.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1491001354866.png
177KB, 367x321px
>Mfw autists in this thread think (the deck they play) is more difficult to play than (the deck I play)
>>
File: IMG_0259.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.png
48KB, 924x560px
>control is just killing their shit
>combo is just casting a couple spells
>Aggro is just attacking with creatures
>all of them are easy and we are all retarded
>>
>>52917067
I will agree with you, Pepe-sensei anon, but only two of those are actually in modern, I just wanna draw cards real good and kill shit real good too
>>
File: 1489715772908.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1489715772908.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>52917247
>I just wanna draw cards real good and kill shit real good too
Sounds like GBx tbhfamalam
>>
>>52917634
>drawing cards
>gbx
No one runs bob anymore, hit a lili once and it's GG
>>
>>52917634
GBx doesn't really draw cards, it gets value from other kinds of 2-for-1s.
>>
>>52917654
>>52917671
I didn't realize bob isn't being played anymore, I don't play GBx myself. My bad my dudes.
>>
>>52917634
I mean, you're not wrong
Everyone in my meta is still running 3-4 bobs because there's only 1 burn player and only 1 affinity player
>>
Why isnt bob run in DSJ? Average cmc of the deck is like 1, highest cmc is lily at 3. Is card advantage bad now?
>>
If people aren't bothering with bob anymore why the fuck does he cost $45-50?
>>
>>52918585
When you're playing fast and loose with your life total bob can be a liability.
>>
>>52918585
Street Wraith is 3BB anon.
>>52918613
Price memory.
>>
I'm going to put a copy of Oona's Grace and a Breeding Pool into Ponza and you can't stop me.
>>
>>52918585
Bob just isn't good enough for Modern anymore.
>>
I want to play Jace vryns prodigy in b/w tokens and splash blue for ceremonius rejections.
I'm retarded right?
>>
Sup /modern/ I'm gonna buy into the format so I want your opinion.

Skred or U/W Emeria
>>
File: 1459932146653.jpg (108KB, 400x429px) Image search: [Google]
1459932146653.jpg
108KB, 400x429px
>>52919704

Skred
>>
>>52919704
Skred. Out of those two it's the superior meme.

Consider buying into Kithkin if you're just going to play meme decks though.
>>
>>52919751
>>52919704

Look, if you want to play full meme ignore this guy and get the 42 land swans deck
>>
>>52919704
Maximum meme is forest belcher desu
>>
New player

Should i just buy BGx Death's Shadow deck and go to my local store? I'd probably be able to shit on people but it will probably make people hate me.

Which format is better? Modern or standard?
>>
hey all. getting into modern after finally giving up on standard. building budget mono red burn. local area is barren of hellspark elementals and monastery swiftspears - what are a good alternative?
>>
>>52919993
They just banned cat so go back to standard burn faggot
>>
>>52919961
Standard is shit, there are like 2 competitive decks. Modern may not have control but at least there are a dozen flavors of aggro, midrange, and combo that are all playable.

BGx Death's Shadow is def the top dog of the format, but you'll be fine with any number of other decks as well. I'd buy the kind of deck you enjoy playing.
>>
>>52920039
Not anymore, they just banned cat
>>
>>52919704
I third skred, the best part about skred is that once you make the investment into the mana base you can move that over to other great decks, like 8-whack
>>
>>52920009
err pretty sure you're fucking wrong
>>
File: 1486602682522.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1486602682522.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>52920079
>it's true
>>
>>52920202
Pretty sure you're a dumb bitch
>>
>>52920202
It literally happened like 30 fucking minutes ago so yeah no shame in not knowing
>>
>>52920234
why is your willy so small
>>
>>52920238
it isn't whiteboi
>>
hey all. getting into modern after finally giving up on standard. building budget mono red burn. local area is barren of hellspark elementals and monastery swiftspears - what are a good alternative?
>>
>>52902461
brewing a blu/white control deck, whats a reasonable amount of counter cards?
i have stuff like, disperse, calculated dismissal and clash of wills.
>>
>>52920267
order them online tard
>>
>>52920419
Good God, go away
>>
>>52920419
0 especially if you're playing garbage counters like that.
>>
Why does Faeries cost almost $1000? Why are master sets not lowering modern prices at all?
>>
>>52921086
Limited print run, and the release of a masters set increases demand for the released product.
>>
>>52921086
Jews don't want to lose money even though there is little demand for the cards so they'll never get cheaper
>>
>>52907005

>BW aggro allies
>aggro allies
>BW

Allies is generally RGW colours, not BW. BW is pretty damn slow for Allies. Same as any go wide deck, sweepers and early point removal.
>>
I've never competitively played modern. My playstyle, for fun, is usually tribal. Are there any solid tribal decks out there that can hold their own? I was recommended Dimir Rogues but I'm not sure.
>>
>>52916247
If the deck works as intended, they won't get the decay because mill rocks + lantern.

Also lantern runs discard, so that could potentially get decays that are in the pilot's opponent's opening hand.

If they do get the decay, the pilot might have enough mana to get it back with Academy Ruins or Codex Shredder. Alternatively the pilot can dig for a new bridge on his upkeep using mill rocks or by casting Ancient Stirrings. He also might be able to tutor one with Inventors' Fair.

It's not like the pilot is completely at the mercy of him having bridge at the top of his deck the moment his bridge get's decayed.
>>
>>52921404
I need to improve my pronoun (and lack there of) usage. Sorry about that.
>>
>>52921357
Merfolk, Eldrazi, and Elves are all tier 1-2 decks. Goblins (usually referred to as 8-Whack) is also playable. If you count artifacts as tribal there's also Affinity.
>>
Is there a way to straighten out my cards or am I just fucked?

Riffle shuffled too much and now their curving. halp.
>>
>>52921357
As >>52921456 said, there's a few very strong tribes. Eldrazi, depending on flavor, are Tier 1 or 2. Merfolk is solid Tier 2 but has peaked to Tier 1 in the past. Elves are like wise Tier 2. Goblins are the weakest of the viable tribes, but are by far the least expensive and are still a solid Tier 3.
>>
>>52921357
Kithkin is fun.
>>
>>52921611
Put them under a heavy ass pile of books and leave them there
>>
>>52921646
Heard this too many times before to not be true. Thanks anon I will try this.
>>
>>52921357
Your options for being competitive are Bant Spirits, Elves and Merfolk.

Also artifact tribal
>>
>>52921086
master sets aren't printed anywhere near as much as a standard set so all it really does is temporarily lower the prices and cause people who want to get into modern to say "I got some of the cards I want, I can start buying in now while prices are lower" so what was reprinted rises as people who pulled one goyf buy the other three and the cards that weren't reprinted but go with the cards that were reprinted increase in demand. if they really wanted to reduce buy in costs to eternal formats then they need to increase print runs and drop that stupid fucking $10 MSRP
>>
>>52921357
Shaman tribal is fun and surprisingly strong
>>
>>52921086
WotC gets kickback from certain big players in the secondary market, so it's in their best interest to keep prices high.
>>
>its a let me shell out for cavern of souls every time I want to switch decks thread
>>
>>52921357
There's Illusions, which is literally just shitty Merfolk but for half the price.
>>
>>52921745
Fuck off retard
>>
>>52921755
Do you have a list for Illusions? I saw it played against in one of the MTGoldfish videos and it looked sort of neat.
>>
File: 34753_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
34753_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
Why do pure control players always avoid Deprive?

They're trying to 1 for 1 you and run you out of resources.

Why must control players want to be able to win early, mid and late game? If they can't they bitch and whine about
>COUNTER SPELL NEEDS TO BE IN MODERN
>UNBAN JACE!!!
>ALL OUR COUNTERS SUCK!!!!
>>
>>52921812
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-modern-illusions

Here's their old list. There's some stuff I'd change around in it, but it's got the primary core there.
>>
>>52921839
>Why don't people want to 2 for 1 themselves after having to leave two mana open?

I haven't got the slightest idea.
>>
>>52921881
It doesn't matter once you hit your required lands number.
>>
>>52921860
Gracias Anon, I appreciate it.
>>
>>52921839
>Why do pure control players always avoid Deprive?
Most control decks (especially ones in Modern that are built around Rev/Cryptic/Verdict) rely on hitting having a large mana advantage by late game. Deprive doesn't work well with that strategy, nor does it play well with shocklands in a format where Burn is tier 1.

It would be nice to have Counterspell in Modern, but Logic Knot does a decent impression.
>>
>>52921990
They can't have it all. You can't have a deck that kills early mid and late.
>>52921881
you're stopping the plan of the other deck. turn 3 tron, deprive, and sure your'e tempo is down, but they're going to be durdling around for another 3 turns, letting you cryptic or another deprive.

Blue control magic shouldn't let you timewalk the opponent and basically have a removal on instant speed. There needs to be some drawback.
>>
>>52922164
You sound like you're incredibly new to this format. I suggest you play for awhile before attempting to discuss it.
>>
>>52922164
Control wouldn't kill "early mid and late" with counterspell you mong. The fact that you think deprive is a suitable counterspell for control even though it sees 0 play in an already dead archetype shows how fucking stupid you are.

>counterspell is timewalk meme
Oh never mind here's your (you) now fuck off
>>
>>52922164
Control decks DON'T do well at all points in the game. Tron is perhaps the worst matchup you could have cited because Tron vs Control is as close to a 100-0 matchup as you can get in a game with inherent variance.
>>
>>52922247
Oh please, Blue fags want everything from Daze to Force of will to a bunch of answers to everything. Counterspell isn't needed or wanted in Modern.
>>52922274
how is it stupid? You want Force and Daze as well bluefag?
>>52922295
Yea, and letting Blue have Counterspell isn't desired. There's absolutely no reason for Counterspell or anything that strong in modern.

Counterspell was the fucking reason for the undercosted beaters today. Other colors couldn't deploy beats fast enough to beat a turn 2 kill your shit for 4 turns. WotC needed to print as much bs creatures as possible to even have an aggro meta.
>>
File: 1475644010564.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475644010564.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>52922353
Please stop you're killing me
>>
File: dontreply.png (462KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
dontreply.png
462KB, 680x564px
>>52922353
>>
>>52921955
Here's a list I just slapped together, other anons feel free to make adjustments/comment on it. And yes, as has been said before, it is basically just shittier Merfolk.

Creatures (28)
4 Jace's Phantasm
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Phantasmal Image
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Krovikan Mist
2 Illusory Angel
2 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Adaptive Automaton

Spells (8)
4 Vapor Snag
4 Serum Visions

Artifacts (4)
Aether Vial

Lands (20)
1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
4 Mutavault
14 Island

Sideboard (15)
Pithing Needle
Relic of Progenitus
2 Hurkyl's Recall
2 Echoing Truth
2 Hibernation
3 Dismember
>>
File: 1470209702994.png (324KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470209702994.png
324KB, 600x375px
>>52922164
>turn 3 tron, deprive, and sure your'e tempo is down, but they're going to be durdling around for another 3 turns
>>
File: retardMTG.jpg (31KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
retardMTG.jpg
31KB, 298x400px
>>52922164
Here you go bud, I've got just the counterspell for you.
>>
File: 1486090189692.jpg (17KB, 245x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486090189692.jpg
17KB, 245x255px
>>52922353
>>
>people in my meta are building budget elves
>I have most of the meta cards anyway, so I buy the rest of the shell
I can't wait for the 'mirror' matches. Should be fun.
>>
Why card should I use as a bookmark
>>
File: orcishlibrarian.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
orcishlibrarian.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52922609
>>
File: 1471920844407.png (39KB, 882x624px) Image search: [Google]
1471920844407.png
39KB, 882x624px
>>52922656
>>
>>>/tg/

All me
>>
>>52922651
Noice.
>>
Control is boring to play against and the people who try to force it are autists who would do better to fuck off to EDH because now even Legacy doesnt want them. Control is dead and thats the way it should be.
>>
>>52922906
I disagree. I love playing against control.
>>
>>52922906
Nah
>>
>Gideon tribal has a 78% winrate in Modern
>>
>>52915949
Cry more. Im savoring every post.
>>
>>52923117
the meme dream is real

is it the one playing pacts, or just a lot of 1-drop removal, 10 gideons, and some Heart of Kirans?
>>
>>52916607
This isnt fucking Yu-Gi-Oh, you arent deeming people worthy of a win and battling intellectually like some fucking anime confrontation bullshit.
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-96-39-tix-modern-pan-meria

This seemed like a fun deck, was gonna try it out online, but I was wondering if the lone missionaries should be replaced with Inquisitor Exarchs
>>
>>52923183
BW tokens version but meme'd out with gideons
>>
>>52923218
Seth has been on fire this week
>>
>>52923117
Lies. Show me where you got this number.
>>
>>52922924
>>52922975
Keep trying to force control then autists. Ill be laughing all the way to the top 8 with all the free wins you give out.
Id say go back to Legacy but now theres no Control deck there either :)
>>
>>52923313
Against the odds this week
>>
>>52922477
Out of 100 nobles 0 were impressed
Queen Brahne was not impressed.
Just play fish if you're going to be this boring.
>>
>>52902782
Invocations.
Some of the unique effect mythics like As Foretold
Not really excited by Harsh Mentor but going to grab a set after everyone realizes it's not that good.

Lastly looking foward to playing Curator in Living End with an entirely black/neutral cycling base other than the birdcat because Living End players are devoid of any creativity and are busy stroking their dicks over Cerodon. Gonna btfo some peeps with flyers.
>>
>>52923355
>Against the Odds
>meaning anything
The dude had like 60% or greater win rate with fucking enduring ideal. That doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1486072364134.jpg (160KB, 715x755px) Image search: [Google]
1486072364134.jpg
160KB, 715x755px
>>52923321
>>
Which is better for UB: Tezz or Faeries?
>>
>>52923490
But I already play Merfolk.
>>
>>52923646

That was against shit like Thing in the Ice and Grixis Control. The Meme Gideon deck was against Ad Nauseum, Tron twice, and DSJ (and won all those matches).
>>
>>52923655
Tezz control with a Whir package is legit.
>>
>>52915949
Lantern relies on the pilot knowing exactly what cards to not give their opponent.
>>
>>52923675
Then why play a worse Merfolk? I know it sucks.
Fish doesn't really build into anything else but you won't expand your horizons unless play something different.

I recommend taking those caverns and working toward Bant eldrazi. It's still pretty fun if you wanna try something midrange and most of the parts are pretty affordable outside fucking hierarchs.

UW spirits is a fucking awesome tribal deck now that i think about it. Do that.
>>
>>52923704
>>52923655
This bro. Get your pieces before they get any more expensive
>>
>>52924086
>>52923704
diff anon here, just nabbed some whirs.
do you speak from experience when you say it's legit?
>>
>>52905316
What deck is that? Sundial of the infinite?
>>
File: OopsAllGideons02.png (4MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
OopsAllGideons02.png
4MB, 2880x1800px
NEW TIER ZERO DECK FOR MODERN

I HOPE YOU FUCKING LOVE GIDEONS

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-gideon-tribal-modern
>>
>>52923771
Because another player in this thread asked about Illusions.

Also, I've been playing MtG for 16 years across pretty much every format, so my horizons are plenty expanded. Thanks for being condescending though.
>>
>>52923655
Tezz.
Faeries is neither fun to play, nor good. It's just awful at this point.
>>
bogles gonna try a one of sixth sense
>>
>>52924246
already been posted m8

that said I think it's funny how many people he played just scooped out of confusion
>>
>>52924258
I'm sorry, you just looked like some shit player that literally grabbed Merfolk and jammed in a bunch of Illusions instead. In my experience People can play Magic for 20 years and still be garbo.
>>
>>52924298
It already had the blue one. If Bogles wanted it, it would have just played the other one
>>
>>52924298
bogles are still around?
>>
>>52924375
It's all good, though I did preface it with saying "it's basically shittier merfolk."
>>
>>52924171
A guy in my local scene has been playing it for months.Whir + Pentad Prism lets them play a very strong toolbox of silver bullet artifacts for pretty much every situation. The deck can be hampered by artifact sweepers and ultra-fast aggro though. However, in my experience just watching him play and playing a variety of decks against him, Whir Tezz has a reasonable match up against the rest of the field.
>>
>>52924438
The admission to playing "shittier merfolk" is what threw me off desu. No hard feelings intended anon.
>>
>>52924246
I personally want to meme with Troll Worship/ Gideons. It may be too many eggs in one basket though.
>>
>>52924526
go for it anon, it's a new deck so anything is fair game
>>
>>52923771
UW is trash compared to Bant
>>
>>52924298
>>52924405
It's dead Jim
>>
>>52902782
Nothing because I wanted embalm to be good and its steaming hot draft chaff and the lotto tickets look like ass.
>>
>>52924576
good
>>
anyone here exclusively play meme decks?
>>
>>52919773
List?
>>
>>52924699
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-77-46-tix-42-land-swan-hunt-modern
>>
>>52924569
You are right. It needs the hierarchs pretty bad.
>>
>>52924781
And CoCo
>>
>>52924837
that to. Getting surprise Drogs and other cards push it a lot.
>>
Is Fatal Push the card saving Modern? It hits two of the most problematic creatures in the format.
>>
>>52924934
>implying modern needs saving.
>>
>>52924934
Fatal push isn't making modern affordable, and modern doesn't need saving.
>>
>>52924934

Fatal Push can't save you from Gideon.
>>
>>52924934
ehh it does that but I feel like making black more powerful isn't a good idea
>>
>>52924969
Blessed Alliance can.
>>
>>52924934
Goyf and Death's Shadow? But the decks that run those cards also run Fatal Push, so it just pushed GBx even more.
>>52924969
Path, Blessed Alliance and Condemn :^)
>>
>>52924969
Not gonna lie, former Gideon player here. This is fucking hilarious watching meme decks crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the emblem off
>>
>>52925011
actually there is nothing you can do to prevent the emblem from being made if the player resolves Gideon.
>>
>>52925045
I play RG tron, I generally haven't had a hard time keeping Gideon off the board in my 2 games against so far =^)
>>
>>52925045
There are ways the counter abilities on the stack, but since you mean practical ways to prevent the emblem, that people actually use, then yes you're correct.

fucking wizards. Give me stifle.
>>
File: 1492305329714.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492305329714.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>52925045
>he doesn't play 4 squelch to hedge against 12chad
this is a competitive general, if you want to scrub it up I suggest checking out the standard thread.
>>
>>52925045
pithing needle
>>
>>52925045
Pithing Needle naming Gideon? It'll at least work game one.
>>
>>52925011
I got your reference anon, don't worry
>>
File: muh gideon.jpg (367KB, 1550x784px) Image search: [Google]
muh gideon.jpg
367KB, 1550x784px
>>52924246
>someone tries to play gideon.dec against me
>forgets this is a format full of cards too good for standard
>>
File: 1466388537959.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466388537959.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>52925045
Get them on 0, and the Flickerwisp Gideon out of play.
>>
>>52925067
>I will Giddeup, Giddeon, and Giddeover your nuts, scrub.
kek
>>
>>52925141
kek
>>
>>52924197
TimeWalks.dec
>>
>>52925136

>this is the new face of Modern

Well boys, it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>52925192
I'd hope, my foil felidar guardian would look much prettier that way.
>>
>>52925112
meme answer for a meme deck. How could I have been so foolish.
>>
>>52925224
>Pithing Needle
>Meme

Choose one
>>
>>52925192
have Saheeli decks even been doing well in modern? It seems a lot more susceptible to removal & rather weaker than the similar combo of Twin
>>
>>52923218
Between 4x Wall of Omens and 3x Blade Splicer also being in the deck I'd say that slows the aggro enough?
>>
>>52925136
Is oath of gideon necessary? I guess it's so new Gideon doesn't die to bolt, but I'm unconvinced that it's the best choice (although I understand doing it for the memes)
>>
>>52925254
I've seen enough control in the deck to durdle to the combo. I wouldn't put it as tier 1, but maybe lower tier 2. It's certainly not fast enough, though, I feel.
>>
>>52925254

Not awful. The combo has been floating around in a couple lists under different names like Chord Toolbox, Saheeli Blue Moon, and UWx Midrange. It's been in the Top 8 for 8 different events in 2017.
>>
>>52925273
Pretty sure it's mostly for memes
>>52925254
They've popped up here and there
>>
File: Sword_of_the_Meek.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sword_of_the_Meek.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I'm disappointed we haven't seen Sword of the Meek more in modern since its unbanning. Seems to fun.
>>
>>52925288
A turn 4 that packs interaction doesn't need to win earlier than that though. The deck seems fine, if a little underexplored, and it will probably start putting up more and more results with all the Saheelis laying around.
Jeskai Nahiri, hell even Jeskai Mantis, haven't been as "meta" but they're still fine decks.

Hell I've been jamming Kiln Fiend and it's still got some kick to it. 4 banned cards make not a 60 card pile, although it does hurt not knowing if they have removal. Bedlam Reveler is nuts (draw 3 is vintage level)
>>
>>52925408
loses to too many kinds of sideboard hate. Same reason those new eggs decks will never take off.
>>
>>52925239
It's a comparatively slow answer.
So few decks run it it's a pretty big non-issue.
>>
>>52925408
People shit on artifacts pretty hard.
I like it as an extra wincon in Esper Gifts though.
>>
>>52925239
>>52925446

Pithing needle is also a bit of a do-nothing card most of the time. It's generally not worth running most of the time.
>>
>>52925446
>1 mana artifact
>slow

>>52925458
>I don't know what a sideboard is
>>
>>52925481
It doesn't hose your opponent because usually your opponent can ignore it until they need to deal with it. It's a "soft" answer.
>>
>>52925481
I'm a huge needle packer myself, friend.

What he's saying is that it doesn't act as a clean answer in his memerange deck since it doesn't kill things.
Combo patricians will know the power of a 1mana lock though, that card is insanely versatile. I bring that shit in 50% of the time.
>>
>>52925522
Oh decks run mainboard artifact hate now, good to know.
>>
>>52925550
You just said you'd run it sideboard fucko
>>
>>52925481
Sideboard only, and only ever 1 or 2, but even then your sideboard should be able to answer the decks you're weak to. How many decks do you lose to due to an activated ability shutting you down?

I wouldn't sideboard pithing needle in against deathrite shaman, I wouldn't sideboard pithing needle in against Liliana of the Veil, how many acitvated abilities are really worth running pithing needle in sideboard??? Kiki-jiki, Saheeli, Gideon, and Eldrazi? Only two of those are likely to be seen, and there are better answers than pithing needle for those.
>>
File: image.png (143KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
143KB, 223x311px
How long until mardu gideon takes off?
>>
so new Gideon deck is just a dumb meme, right? From what I've seen people are just being thrown off by it because it's new and different
>>
>>52925595
Yes.
>>
>>52925595
The only thing it has going for it is a lack of efficient planeswalker removal.

If it gets bad enough, expect to see people running anything with 5 power and haste. Buy your Thundermaw Hellkites now boyos, it's the Slash Panther of Modern.

But really, it just means more BGx because of Abrupt Decay.
>>
>>52925254
Played against a couple of them. Not impressed, not even a little.
>>
File: Reality_Smasher.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Reality_Smasher.png
128KB, 223x311px
>>52925631
>5 power and haste
>>
>>52925631
It likely won't even be impactful enough to warrant a change in the meta. Just kill the Gideon's with combat damage easy peezy.
>>
>>52925559
Yeah, so what? Your opponent is a psychic and is going to side in artifact hate against you game 2?
>>
how viable is Kithkin tribal with 10 Gideons and 4 Storm Crow?
>>
>>52925408
This ban was Mind Twist tier to begin with and there isn't a shell out there to support it and there won't be one for as long as dedicated control decks aren't allowed to exist.
>>
Gentlemen, how do we stop the dominance of B & G
>>
>>52925672
it's not that uncommon for your opponent to know your sideboard, I don't go to a new shop every FNM where people haven't played my deck before
>>
>>52925691
Play it. As a BGx player, I fucking hate mirror matches.
>>
>>52925672
>>52925694
What linked anon said. Also if I fuck you game 1 and you bring it in game 2 I can side for game 3. Or if your deck commonly runs Pithing then it won't be hard to guess it's coming if my Planeswalkers activated abilities by themselves killed you.
>>
>>52925646
>Jura kills it without the trigger going off
>wrath rapes the entire horde
>gets countered by glorious end

FUCK. That's still a pretty solid check though considering it can survive 2 1/1 soldiers and a 2/2 knight while having trample and haste.
>>
>>52925691
Give another color access to discard. Since Black is all about that targeted discard now, you could give targetless discard to Red. Be careful not to create Raven's Crime 5 - 8 however.

This is the first step, because what we need to do is to move away from Creature-only wincons. That's why Green is so good, and Black, as the best source of creature-removal, is also so good therefore.
We need more discard, because if we move to spell-based wincons, we need someone else with access to it than black.

Unfortunately, we're setting ourselves up to make Blue the opposite to Green, which we can't allow.
So bolster wincons like Aetherflux Reservoir, but locked into white. Make them wincons that can land on board (and therefore be hit by removal) in order to be non-degenerate.

Now we have non-creature based wincons, removing Green's monopoly.
With Green's creature monopoly gone, we reduce the value of Black, because we don't need to kill creatures as much anymore.

We've also added value to White, especially Artifacts, which Black can't kill, and Red already offers good Artifact. We've also added controlling options to Red, because that color needs help and we also want to get away from Black as the best control color.

Done.

Hire me MaRo.
>>
>>52925691
unban SFM and preordain
or ban thoughtsieze and goyf
either all colors get powerful standalone cards or none of them do.
>>
>>52925811
>plays an eternal format
>wants to balance it with bans instead of just printing new cards

Gross.
>>
>>52925859
Alrighty, reprint SFM and preordain with different names and ban nuSFM in legacy
>>
>>52925912
Terrible. Try this.

G - Instant
Look at the top three cards of your library. You may put a card with converted mana cost 3 or less into your hand, and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Shuffle ~ back into your library.
>>
>>52923218
I'm a little miffed at the utter lack of interaction outside the auto-include Paths. I also can't help but wonder if splashing wouldn't make this deck a lot better. G for example lets you play Farhaven Elf or Wood Elves instead of Eye, which gets you the plains you're looking for *now*.
>>
File: 1491935432661.png (822KB, 1124x702px) Image search: [Google]
1491935432661.png
822KB, 1124x702px
>>52925859
>Modern
>eternal
>>
>>52925782
Literally all you've done is made red better.

Providing competitive alternative spell and artifact based wincons is a good idea, but there's a problem that lies with the fact that green and white hate on artifacts just as much as red, not to mention gb has the best artifact destruction in the game already. So an artifact wincon would just be decayed or come down too late to make a difference.
>>
>>52926000
What about splashing black for fatal push and/or discard? I was thinking about tidehollow sculler for blink related shenanigans.
>>
>>52925782
>giving white colored artifact to make them good
just make enchantments good, remember that type?
>>
>>52926000
Green instead of UW? Seemed like blue was the most common splash color
>>
>>52925408
Just you wait. Tezzerator is coming
>>
>>52923218
It's the basic mono white Emeria control build but with interaction swapped out with the Panharmonicons.
>>
>>52925957
Brilliant!

>>52926064
>something other than creatures, big mana and removal being good

H E R E S E Y
E
R
E
S
E
Y
>>
>>52926043
Black splash seems to take the deck in a different direction, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I know Tokens tends to do it that way for Lingering Souls and sometimes Ayli.

>>52926086
It definitely is, because people like them some permission. With Push being a thing now I was considering some combination of Spellstutter Sprite and Spell Queller.
>>
>>52926220
the mtggoldfish seems like it's going all-in on flickering with some redundancy for the sake of goofy combos, UW seems good for being control-y but GW with flickering ramp might be neat. Here's a list I found, probably not relevant now but could be useful http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/deck-creation-modern/695334-selesnya-emeria-titan-control

what would you change up in a BW version?
>>
>>52926260
Yeah, that took GW in a direction that I like overall. Could use some refinement of course, and I still like the inclusion of Resto Angel here because it plays so nicely with a lot of the deck while sitting lower on the curve than the Titans.

For BW the answer is "I wouldn't", but Push seems obvious and Lingering Souls is a classic delaying strategy. That direction, I'd consider dropping Panharmonicon altogether. It's cute but as it stands you have too few ways of reliably ramping prior to T4.
>>
>>52925686
>there isn't a shell out there to support it and there won't be one for as long as dedicated control decks aren't allowed to exist
Adding Thopter Sword makes UW and Esper Control worse though

A shell exists in the form of Tezzerator, it's just that the combo itself is weak; there's too many maindeck and sideboard answers to it that didn't exist in extended
>>
>>52921456
>>52921621
Where are Faeries?
>>
>>52926610
In the gutter.
>>
>>52926610
In extended heaven
>>
File: s0o4MP1.gif (941KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
s0o4MP1.gif
941KB, 350x261px
>>52903606
>Tfw twin2.0 gets banned
>>
>>52923218
What's this deck's plan vs Ad Nauseum and Baral Storm?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-04-17-omO-gold/
Can this jank win me some games?
>>
>>52927309
> Butcher of the Horde
Is that you? Is the Butcher memer back?
>>
>>52927154
When will people learn? Combo isn't allowed to be good.

It requires way too much game-state knowledge to be fair for Timmy.
>>
File: 1480237684601.png (346KB, 786x438px) Image search: [Google]
1480237684601.png
346KB, 786x438px
>>52927348
Don't know what you're talking about, friend, it's my first time posting in a modern general
>>
>>52927348
I've always been here. Mardu wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as Goyf.
>>
>>52927353
When Khans came out there was memer pushing that card, saying it will make tokens great again, as funny as the RUG Loam dude.

But yeah your deck is shit. Bad curve, based on a meme gimmick, manabase is shit, virtually no removal, no gas engine, no toolboxing for such a creature heavy deck, no unified theme (some creatures are aggro like Mantis, some midrange like Rhino).
>>
>>52927353
That's great. Butcher is terrible.

Creatures need at least one of
>relevant EtB/on cast effect
>stupid efficient stats (Tarmogoyf, Death's Shadow)
>method to dodge/inconvenience removal

And usually some evasion on top of that.
It also needs a deck that wants what it offers, since more often than not, a single creature doesn't make a deck.

Butcher brings evasion, and is slightly above curve for stats to mana cost.
It doesn't actually meet any of our necessary conditions however. The ability is also pretty bad because we risk getting two-for-one'd if Butcher is removed after sacrificing something.

I'm not sure why people like Butcher. Demigod of Revenge is just a better card.
>>
>>52927418
I like how a 5/4 flier for 4 is only considered slightly above the curve now.
>>
File: 1437767804336.jpg (544KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1437767804336.jpg
544KB, 2448x1836px
>>52927451
I separated keywords from raw stats in my wording. Excuse the methodology.

But the same set had a 4-drop 4/5 with trample and a six-point life shift EtB. The dismissal is justified.
>>
>tfw you zone out and somehow the opponent manages to assemble meleria combo

This was a wake up to actually pay 100% attention I think
>>
>>52927418
>>52927413
Welp guess i'm gonna keep this for some kitchen table magic then. I know it's a lot to ask but is there any way i can improve it while keep using gold creatures only and keeping it budget?
>>
>>52927309
>>52927632
If you aren't running removal and you aren't playing combo then you're not going to win. That being said you may be interested in 5c humans. Pretty fringe but still competitive. Not sure how much the deck costs but you have a good bit of the mana base and some of the creatures as well.

>>52927418
>butcher is terrible
sure
>demigod of revenge is a better card
Not really. I mean its hasty and it doesn't require sacing but its 5 hybrid mana. The recursion is a good stat but its on cast not etb and how many 5 mana 5/4s do you want to draw? Unless you're in Christmas land and pitch 3, swinging for 20 on turn 5. Also I don't think anyone trying to play butcher will sacrifice actual creatures. But this is stupid anyways idk why I thought about this so much. The only playable things in modern above 3 mana are combo enablers like ad nauseum/scapeshift or exceptional beaters with really good effects like kalitas, meme rhino and resto angel. As much as I love them in kitchen table, shit like demigod and butcher just can't compete.
>>
>>52927744
That's admittedly the point. Neither is good, but one is certainly better than the other.

I think we're on the same page, just in different terms.
>>
>>52927780
Pretty much yeah just shooting shit. Maybe butcher has just subliminally made me want to defend it from that like... month in khans standard where decks other than junk were good. But the more I look at demigod the more I want to make a super janky living end combo revolving around pitching demigods and that minotaur that deals damage equal to red devotion and take it to fnm...
>>
>>52927869
I considered it in a RBG deck at one point. Either tokens or a few creatures that benefit me by dying, plus Infernal Plunge and Eldritch Evolution to get it out faster. Something of a toolbox setup.
Faithless Looting lets me pitch any I don't want from hand, maybe Tormenting Voice if that wasn't enough.
It didn't take off. I just converted the token setup to work with Giantbaiting in Pauper. It's okay but not great.

Living End would probably support it better.
The odd thing about the card is that you want four but it's not something you want to topdeck. That's my only gripe with it.
>>
>>52923490
I love the reference. It's my favorite game.
>>
I play Gifts Storm in Modern
In modern they've shown how much they hate combo and how much they hate storm, and I'd rather not have ANOTHER storm piece be banned.
That being said, the deck actually isn't all that expensive if you run off-color fetches because Tarns are still $50.

All in all, I'm not enjoying this culture of fear WotC is creating.

With the bannings of Probe (which effectively killed Infect, Pyromancer Ascension Storm, Kiln-Fiend/Prowess jank, Suicide Zoo), Sensei's Divining Top in Legacy (effectively killing Miracles, DDFT, Imperial Painter), Emrakul in Standard (Killing Emrakul Marvel and B/G Delirium)

Bannings are best when they hurt decks, not outright killing them, especially in eternal formats where we bought into a deck with the assumption of an investment we would be using for an extensive period of time. I know a few people who just finished their Miracles deck and just finished Copycat, they both have played one FNM with them, and now it's dead.

Shit sucks, man.
>>
>>52927916
Yeah that is a pain in the ass I've been playing different flavors of living end for years and top decking it is AIDS. That 3 mana red expertise from kaladesh is good to cast copies that are stuck in your hand. Might run 4x that and 2x the other cheapest expertise instead of cascaders since you'd want to pitch things without cycling and most good pitch spells cast less than 3. I'll put that one on the backburner and post it to get shit on once I think of a semi-competitive decklist.
>>
>>52928060
THIS
I had the pieces for pyro-thing pre ban and that shit doesn't work without g probe but wizards has no qualms with straight up axing decks. I never really liked infect as a deck but I wish they would ban cards with less play instead of more play. Like ban exarch instead then the combo dies to bolt. Even now with the cat banning, no ones going to play fucking saheli rai but the cat could have actually been viable in a flicker deck.
>>
>>52928139
As Foretold from Amonkhet can be read as "Cast Living End"

You can also probably run those two 1 mana cyclers. They look like they belong in LE
>>
What is a cheap t1/t2 deck to run leagues with? I like something fast, Infect maybe?

I want to start with something like 150 tix and build around it
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.