[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 57

File: baral.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
baral.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
"REMOVE RENEGADE" Edition

Previously: >>52884242

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Monocolor commanders: Run any? If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
>>
>>52895671
I play Yahini / Krenko and it's nice not having to worry about colors or what lands your fetching, but only really having on game plan can get kinda boring. I don't play it often.
>>
>>52895671
>Run any?
Yeah, Ghoulcaller Gisa and Kamhal, Fist of Krosa.

>If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
Funny that you think one color=one thing. I mean, it does sometimes, but it sure doesn't have to. More that lots of commanders only do one thing. There's lots of multicolor commanders who only do one thing, but you aren't shitposting about them, are you?

Anyway, Gisa and Kamhal are fine. Gisa does her thing of zombies, though the deck can go wide or go tall and win with damage, drain, or mill (usually mill if I'm honest). Kamhal is less tuned and tweaked and basically only wins with overrunning a whole bunch with some tokens, though there's a few just huge dudes in the deck for laughs, so it occasionally sticks a Darksteel Colossus and beats someone to death with it. I'm playing with using Nemata as the general instead, unsure though.
>>
Well, asked in the old thread just after the new thread was made. But I'll ask here too.

What is /tg/'s opinion(s) on using Collector's Edition cards?
>>
Those Amonkhet Gods seem pretty cool. Maybe not as any commander by themselves but maybe as an aid to the Athreos Gods.
>>
>>52895809
I do not give a shit what you're using as long as it works for you and is legal. Don't be a faggot and show it off either.
>>
New player with a small budget, but I've finally managed to get a "functional" mono red Goblin deck with Krenko as my commander running.
Anyone else got any experience playing Krenko in Commander?
>>
>>52895840
>>52895809
Based on the above, Collector's Edition cards are a no-no, since they aren't legal for play in any format.

Personally, I'd treat them as proxies for the real thing: allowable if you're in the process of acquiring the real thing or testing to see if you want the real thing. Otherwise, get that shit outta here and play real cards instead.
>>
>>52895853
I played against a fully-tuned Krenko deck for three years (it was a friend's favorite and best deck; I helped him build it). Ask me anything you want to know about the deck.
>>
>>52895671
Geth can completely take over games if I get to untap with him. He is literally a value machine if your opponents play any sort of graveyard shenanigans. Or recursion of any sort. Or library manipulation. Or artifacts. Or creatures. Or basically anything.
>>
>>52895809
I think they're great to use as proxies since the card is super recognizable.
>>
>>52895809

100% fine. They look just like the real card, have the correct text etc. It's EDH, as long as I can tell what the card is I don't really care.
>>
File: paprika.png (503KB, 902x310px) Image search: [Google]
paprika.png
503KB, 902x310px
>>52895724
>only doing one thing
not using my super secret red tech to play russian roulette with your deck.
>>
>>52895878
What were the weaknesses? What are the absolute must include cards?

What will just outright beat me?

Ive never been in a position to ask whatever I want about anything magic, so I dont really know what to ask.
>>
>>52895809
Collectors/proxies are all fine. Just build to the power level of your group. It would be just as bad to proxy food chain tazri as it would to really build it if your group consists of norin and silvos. If everyone else is rocking force of will and cradles I don't see why you need to drop a few hundred extra dollars to join us, I'm just happy to have you in my game.
>>
So, a couple threads back, I began the process of making a list of "Waifus" (or at least eye-candy art, to allow noncreatures).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifus-2/

After going through basically every goddamn set, I have some observations
>White has the most waifus, followed by green. Blue, Black, and Red were all essentially tied for the majority of the process
>I think "Includes eye candy" is more skewed towards creatures than the game as a whole.
>Urza's Block is a gold mine
>While white has the longest list, I think Green might have the most qualifying EDH staples
>WGx Enchantress seems legit? At least, "Enchantress" creatures are virtually always female and enchantments are the second most populous type
>You might also be able to do Superfriends but I think you'd trip over having too many of each PW type
>There's probably enough material for decks with 40+ Eye Candy in every color identity. Not good decks, mind, but decks.
>>
>>52895853
i run krenko kinda off. lots of fling/sac creature deal damage stuff and lots of those red "take control of creature for a turn" cards.
steal shit throw it back was my goal, works okay.
>>
>>52895941
>What were the weaknesses?
Wraths, usually. Removal on Krenko is pretty bad. Krenko decks tend to be Krenko-centric where without him you are severely weakened. Running haste sources so you *always* get an activation is critical. Untap effects on Krenko are also critical.

>What are the absolute must include cards?
Depends. Are you building Krenko combo? Or are you building non-combo Krenko goblins?

>What will just outright beat me?
Hard control will just outright beat you. They can keep your threats down, keep Krenko off the board, and simply stop anything you go to do.

The bigger threat though is politics. Krenko decks have a reputation as highly explosive and dangerous if you ignore them (and for good reason, it's true). Often, you'll be taking fire without having done much, since if people ignore you, you may just kill the table. This is why it is really important to know if you're a combo deck or not. If you're an aggro goblins deck, things are really different.
>>
>>52896027
Your eye for waifus is bad. Most of these cards have man faced women, to the point where some might actually be men. Amrou Scout for instance has no defining gender traits.

If your taste runs more towards men just run a husbando deck, probably even easier to find art of shirtless beef.
>>
>>52896232
Bullshit, look at that shapely ass.
>>
>>52896232
The goal was a fairly comprehensive list. If I only picked the best, it would be much shorter but I wanted to not have to repeat a goddamn search if I needed filler.

Thus, I shall make no apologies. Unless I missed something good, which is possible since I wanted to get it out in less than a year.
>>
Hey /EDHG/, since Leovold was just shot down, I decided to take his shattered remains and convert them into Nekusar, seeing as they share about half the same cards anyway. I need help cutting 15 cards from this list. Also, feel free to suggest anything that should be in but isn't. Any suggestions here would be appreciated:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-04-17-nekusar/
>>
>>52896358
>NedFlanders.png
>>
>>52896364
Obligatory "It's cancershit boring"
Your countermagic costs too much mana, the most expensive counterspell you should be running is Counterflux at UUR, which is already extremely hard to cast at 3 colored symbols.
-Aethersnatch
-Desertion
-Overwhelming Denial
-Rewind
+Swan Song
+Remand
+Counterspell
+Arcane Denial

I'm sure I don't have to tell you your manabase needs work, so get on that when you have the budget to.

-Jin-Git
Costs far too much mana, doesn't further your 15 wheels in 1 turn combo plan

-Manabarbs
Not enough impact

+Tainted Strike
+Glistening Oil
+Wheel of Fortune
-Well of Ideas
I think this is too slow
-Consuming Aberration
Milling doesn't do anything for you, all it will ever be is a big beatstick
>>
>>52896364
You are running garbage like ur golems eye and elixer of immortality without running wheel of Fortune or time twister, or even the new wheel that works from your graveyard, commit // memory.

Take another look at your creatures too, you have conflicting themes in your deck like viseling and Jin gitaxis. Tighten up a little bit here, try to run stuff that will only aid your game plan or keep you alive long enough to get your shit off the ground.
>>
>>52896655
>You are running garbage like ur golems eye and elixer of immortality without running wheel of Fortune or time twister
>Junk acceleration
>Recommends Power

Commit//Memory and to a lesser extent Wheel are fine, but I don't think somebody who bothers with ur-golem's is going to have the budget for twister. Pretty much ever.
>>
>>52896655
Not everyone has a fucking Timetwister.
>>
>>52895671
>Monocolor commanders: Run any? If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
Ezuri/Freyalise elves that's just a slightly modified precon
Krenko goblins
Eldrazi Titan (Usually Newzilek) led colorless ramp

Elves and Goblins are brain dead to play, but I still find them fun. Colorless tends to not run too well just I still haven't played it all that much.
>>
>>52896655
>Elixir
>Garbage
What are you on? Also, I'll throw Commit // Memory when I'm able to find one, but yeah I'm not going to blow a ton of money on Timetwister or even Wheel which is $50+ in it's own right. Will take out the eye tho, I probably have more than enough rocks.
>>
>>52896027
jade mage is my mtg waifu, you cant have her.
>>
>>52896941
I built some really amazing semi-stax style decks with both the Green and Blue Patrons from Kamigawa. Green is big mana/win off Helix Pinacle and the blue one is land shenanigans with Storm Cauldron and Amuet of Vigor. Both decks are a ton of fun and tend to do really well.
>>
File: sheldonstrikesagain.png (178KB, 882x396px) Image search: [Google]
sheldonstrikesagain.png
178KB, 882x396px
>>52895671
The official Wizards site has acknowledged the banning of Leovold and unbanning of Protean Hulk in Commander. Thoughts?

I myself might try to slot Protean Hulk into my Xenagos deck for lulz.
>>
What's the general consensus on infect? Is it worth putting into a deck even if the interpretation of how much infect is needed to die from group to group?
>>
>>52897151
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

For what it's worth, rest in piss, Leovold.
>>
>>52897267
Infect goes to 10 RAW. Anything else is houserule Cancer, as at 10 Infect has the cardpool to kind of be a pubstomp and make Triumph of Hordes a decent overrun, but nothing super amazing. It is a decent pubstomp though, whether you're doing Skittles Voltron, some sort of proliferate inevitability, or some kind of combined arms with Hapatra or whatever.
>>
>>52895809
They're fine as long as the guy using them uses super opaque sleeves, since the much darker backside can be seen million miles away through almost every sleeve
>>
>Thread question
Monocolor commanders: Run any? If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?

I run Lovisa Coldeyes tribal with a land destruction subtheme. It's intentionally underpowered for when new people join us while at the same time teaching people that LD happens.

I also have a Kalitas 2.0 Vampire Tribal/Stax/MonoB Goodstuff deck. Probably my second strongest deck, especially once shit gets going. Can do a little bit of everything with enchantments being the only real weakness.
>>
>>52896080
Not that anon but do you have a list?
>>
Mono-color? I started Commander with the 2015 precons, so I had a bunch. Only one left is Teferi, and that became Jin-Gitaxias artifact control. I don't have the cards for expensive Mana bases, so mono blue does just fine with 25 islands, while being strong enough to compete with decks with more colors and more expensive Mana bases.

I'm thinking of building Nekusar, since my first deck was Niv-Mizzet wheels, and I want a deck that makes everyone draw cards. Seeing if I kill the others or enable other people sounds like a fun double-edged sword. Is that How Nekusar usually plays? Or is it more wheeling to kill them ASAP?

>>52895889
Got a list? Geth looks fun, and let's me play with other people's stuff outside of blue.
>>
>>52897590
Nah. It was my buddy's deck and it was awhile ago that we built it. It was pretty well tuned to look like all other hard combo Krenko lists, power pieces and everything (Crypt, Recruiter, all the fast mana available, the aggro goblins package, all the combo pieces, etc). You should be able to find a few lists online and build from there.
>>
>>52897636
The thing I like about Nekusar is that he can be as deadly as you make him. My playgroup is pretty chill so it's mostly just Grixis Zombie tribal, but the items to allow Nekusar to obliterate ARE there. It just depends on how fast you want your wincon, if you want your wincon right away, or if you don't mind just stumbling across your wincon.
>>
What's with the crazy price spikes for Memory Jar since february?
>>
Has anyone built anything for Neheb yet?
>>
>>52897807
It's only gone from $5 to $10.
>>
>>52898182
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/neheb-the-worthy-minotaur-tribal-edh/

Janky tribal shit but yes.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mishras-unstoppable-artifice/

My first artifact commander deck. I searched through all the commanders that interact with artifacts and Mishra seemed to have the colours that fit the colours I wanna use the best. Any tips on what fat to trim or cool/interesting cards I've missed would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>52898183
As of right now, it is $16 USD. As of Feb 20ish, it was $21 USD, and in January, it was $9 USD. It spiked a good amount and has been creeping downwards. We'll see how it moves as time progresses, but signs indicate that it was subject to a controlled buyout of some sort.
>>
>>52896978
>>52896789
>>52896794
If you are taking apart a deck where the commander alone is worth $50+ then I am not going to assume a deck is budget. You need to include that info negro.

Also time spiral is probably the best wheel and is in the 30$ range for foreign copies. Not sure where your budget does or doesn't start but that ones good af.
>>
>>52895809
I enjoy the collection aspect of MTG, so to me part of the appeal of EDH is showing off your collection of rare/pricey/"pimp" cards so I very much prefer using real tournament-legal cards. That said, if someone else wants to use them as fancy proxies I don't give a shit, 99% of EDH games are just for casual fun.
>>
>>52898367
Spend $50 on the commander and spending $50 on one single card where acceptable substitutes exist are two very different things.

Also, I traded for Leo when he was $5
>>
>>52895921
What the fuck that's incredible

Who's your commander?
>>
How do I make a deck more consistent? In white/green, well.
>>
>>52898585
What kind of deck it is?

The answer to that is usually tutors and card draw.
>>
>>52898609
Trostani tokens. I run elamdaris, but I have no idea what else.
>>
File: 52190_200w.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
52190_200w.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>52898633
in Trostani?

Some good card draw would be pic related, skull clamp, you now have access to protean hulk.
>>
>>52898331
It's literally $10 on tcgplayer.
>>
>>52898666
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-the-one-hundred-tokens/

Most of my tokens aren't that small so I don't think it would be great. I maybe should put the protean there.
>>
>>52898720
Sorry, I just assumed it would be weenies.

Harmonize works, Collective unconscious, regal force, shamanic revelation. They are a bit spendy, but allow card draw based on your creatures.

You could also focus on just cheating your creatures out via, genesis wave/hydra.
>>
>>52898827
Why are your nails so pink
Why are your hands all mottled
>>
>>52897711
>If you want your wincon right away, or if you don't mind just stumbling across your wincon.

That's always been something of an inner conflict for me. I could never decide if a calculated tutor for a wincon was better than just coming across it and winning out of nowhere. I've always favored the stumbling approach though. Which, in a wheeling deck like Nekusar feels less random I guess, since you're always cycling through your deck and drawing cards.

Most of my decks and groups are pretty chill, so I wasn't planning to be cutthroat or anything. Glad to hear he's flexible.
>>
>>52898943
Why can't you build a good deck? Some of these things are intrinsic dude.
>>
>>52898983
I'm just worried about you, anon. Nails like that can indicate something is medically wrong. You should see your doctor
>>
>>52899012
You should stop posting. Don't you know who I am?
>>
>>52899026
Someone with a major case of unwarranted self-importance?
>>
>>52898827
Oh shit is that The Grid? I used to play there when I lived in CT.
>>
>>52896978
>Thinks elixer is good

Literally why
>>
>>52899033
I'm more important than you.
>>
>>52899085
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>52898720
phyrexian processor. & Giant Adephage., also I'd cut Caller of the Pack and add blade of selves
>>
>>52899133
Stop posting. Just share, like, subscribe like a good little boy.
>>
>>52895921
Either I'm too basic to understand this or I'm just not seeing it. Anyone care to explain?
>>
File: 1454115606161.jpg (99KB, 534x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454115606161.jpg
99KB, 534x500px
>>52895957
>I'm just happy to have you in my game.

Aww shucks, you're really nice, Anon!
>>
>>52899045
In his defense not everyone wants to shill out money for an eldrazi titan
>>
>>52899204
If you're losing to mill you're fucking braindead.
>>
>>52899416
I'm just talking about total graveyard recursion nothing to do with mill you fucking moron
>>
>>52899186
Moonring Mirror lets you store up a bunch of cards (especially with red's looting effects), then you use the upkeep trigger once you have a shit ton of cards and hopefully get one of the handsize matters cards to win.
>>
>>52898494

>poorfag playing $50 cancer commander

Just fuck off forever.
>>
>>52899431
There are literally 5 wheel spells that I can think of off the top of my head that shuffle your graveyard into your library. Those are all better than a do nothing card for nekusaur.

I think you must be retarded.
>>
Anyone know of any cards that allow you to filter colorless mana into mana of any type or specifically blue outside of Mycosynth Lattice?
>>
whats a gud deck
>>
>>52899538
assuming you are going infinite, gemstone array should work.
>>
>>52899538
Gemstone array.

Anyone picking up a Top now that they're crashing? I'm thinking of picking up 5 total, 3 for my decks, and 2 to hold onto in case they rise again.
>>
>>52899515
I'm sure you're the retard here considering you got buttblasted by a simple recursion card especially when he didnt state if mill was a thing or not, only that he wheels, and me pointing out why he may be running it. Kill yourself.

>>52899538
The new land in Amonkhet can filter up to 5 mana into any one color or prophetic prism can do the same, otherwise you can use stuff like unknown shores/shimmering grotto. Not a whole lot of options honestly
>>
>>52899538
Cascading Cataracts from Amonkhet lets you turn 5 colorless into 5 of any color.
>>
>>52899538
Huxofreeblious Vault.
>>
>>52899578
i'm just getting into commander and i'm having a hoot putting together a grenzo deck. uril mistwalker looks fun too tho. i'll probably try that next.
>>
How do I goblin?
I have Grenko, a bunch of his buddies, a foil TukTuk and a foil warren instigator.
My usual EDH making process is
>get tribal/functional creatures
>toss in goodstuff
>pray
>>
>>52898667
Mid price on TCGPlayer this second is $16. Try again.
>>
>>52899431
They make cards that put cards from your graveyard into your hand you know.
>>
>>52896027
>no Atraxa
>Elesh Norn in sideboard with no alternate art

You are confusing my robogirl lusting dick.
>>
>>52899756
You don't. You build Purphoros and surround him with Gobs.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-183852.png (97KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-183852.png
97KB, 1080x1920px
>>52899767
Cool.
>>
>>52899808
>Damaged
>Heavily Played
>Heavily Played
>Damaged

Those aren't real Memory Jars.
>>
>>52899856
You would be surprised what people list as Damaged. I've rarely gotten worse than Moderately Played.
>>
File: frank.gif (669KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
frank.gif
669KB, 360x200px
Has anyone tried a game where everyone played a Sliver Tribal?
>>
>>52899175
I will dedicate an hour of my day shitposting comments on your videos on different alt accounts.
>>
File: 1493085156828.jpg (11KB, 354x217px) Image search: [Google]
1493085156828.jpg
11KB, 354x217px
>>52900246
that sounds

horrendous
>>
>>52900355

I agree, but I like my Commander matches to be either slow, political and tactical or fucking off the rails right from the start.
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>52900246
No. Why would anybody do this to themselves.
>>
>>52899629
>he didnt state if mill was a thing or not, only that he wheels, and me pointing out why he may be running it

Multiple people called you stupid there, I think you are the one getting booty blasted here, jumping at shadows.

Also I can think of 0 circumstances where that card is good. If you are so broke that it's your only option you should stop spending money on your hobby and get your life together.
>>
>>52900246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVosd6TnOG4

Boom. There you go.
>>
>>52899808
>still phoneposting 3 threads later

What a shitlord.
>>
>>52899808
>can't read comments he's replying to
Fucking gook.
>>
>>52900523
>>52900506
No it was goon.
>>
>>52900549
It was fucking goon.

Because I'm the one who crashed the previous thread in my back and forth with that fucking goon
>>
>>52900549
Fuck. I'm a fucking goon now. Dammit. I like the hot new meme.
>>
>>52900622
I feel like we're destined to find each other every thread.
>>
You're all a bunch of goddamn penis wrinkles.
>>
>>52900640
but that's the funnest part to suck on!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-011900.png (274KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-011900.png
274KB, 1080x1920px
>>52900637
No, he's not me, I'm me.
>>
>>52900637
I wasn't arguing with you last thread, since I seriously unironically like the goon meme and enjoyed the argument with that other anon. Just tried to use it here, fucked it up, feel like one myself now.

>>52900680
Damn right it is. /tg/ - Totally Gay
>>
File: dune-brood-nephilim.jpg (78KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
dune-brood-nephilim.jpg
78KB, 480x680px
>token does not exist
>>
File: we all know that feel.png (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
we all know that feel.png
25KB, 500x281px
>>52901049
I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
>>52901049
Dune-Brood and Ink Treader are best Nephilims. That being said, I'd like to see a new cycle of legendary Nephilim.
>>
>>52901049
Don't make me blink Hazezon Tamar, I'll do it.
>>
>>52900876
How do I know you aren't an imposter that saved that screenshot last thread?
>>
>>52901187
Because damage is loss of life you fucking goon.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/miss-steal-your-board/

Posting again for advice. Yasova is the commander.
>>
File: 1490170835953-v.gif (206KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490170835953-v.gif
206KB, 300x225px
>>52901206
I hate my friend's new deck. He always casts Meishin, the mind cage and forces all of my creatures attack and he keeps gaining really much life for all the negative damage my creatures deal.
How do I stop him? I can't afford Krosan Grip and proxies aren't allowed.
>>
File: Kaldra Token.jpg (279KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Kaldra Token.jpg
279KB, 480x680px
>>52901049
>>
I wanna make the best elf deck imaginable. I already have gaeas cradle and other legacy staples (elvish one anywho) and was wondering where to start. I am leaning towards GW, but could splash other colours if need be.
>>
>>52897267
infect belongs in vialsmasher. Cant stop the gobling throwing aids at people
>>
>>52901675
Rhys the Redeemed could work if you want to go a more token route, and Ive heard of Rashmi Elf decks aswell
>>
>>52901049
>>52901606
I couldn't find the Sand creature, but a lot of these cards have official tokens and artwork on MTG Online.
>>
>>52901763
I have the sand token on my other computer. It's fuckin' goofy
>>
>>52901675
Imo mono-g Ezuri is still the best elf commander because you keep your wincon in the command zone. More colors makes your deck well rounded at the cost of watering it down with a less potent commander.
>>
>>52901791
>>52901718
I guess I should have mentioned the commander doesn't have to be an elf perse, but one that just works well with.

However, ezuri has always looked pretty dope to me.
>>
Assuming you don't have any relevant abilities (reanimation, skullclamp) in hand, what would you Entomb early game?

I pulled one from an EMA booster a while back and haven't included it in a list yet but know that I should. I'm struggling to think of something that works well from the graveyard all on its own.
>>
>>52901675

You want the "tap for g equal to elves" guys, and paradox engine, then you play skullclamp, glimpse of nature, soul of the harvest, shamanic revelation, and so on, hard to lose from there, put Concordant crossroads somewhere in the deck just to be sure
>>
>>52901791
>>52901893
My issue with Ezuri is that people will know your gameplay the moment you set him down. He only lends himself to one strategy, and that's elf beat. It's a strong plan and he's a good commander for it, don't get me wrong, but he lacks subtlety. It's like seeing Krenko. You've seen one, you've seen them all and you usually know how to deal with it.
>>
>>52901982
Oh, I just realized Entomb does not specify creature cards. This changes everything!
>>
>>52901982

If you don't have a reanimation or literally anything useful, it's probably better to hold on to entomb, since it's an instant and you can surprise people before you untap

No reason to expose a good card to gy hate for no value
>>
I think the Hulk unban just goes to show everyone should be using the duel commander or leviathan banlists. They just make sense, and allow good but not broken cards to exist in the 99 even if they make for problematic generals.
>>
>>52901982
Life from the Loam is a go-to for me.
>>
>>52901387
Pee on his cards

Or, barring that, talk to him about it. Or, barring that, go mow some lawns for cash, and buy a Krosan Grip.
>>
>>52902107
No. That banlist is a heaping pile of shit that somehow manages to surpass even Sheldon's autism.
>>
>>52902174
The Duel banlist is very close to perfect.
>>
>>52901387
You should jus- wait, what?
>>
>>52901387
A Negative power creature cannot heal a player dealing damage to him/her. i do not know who taught you the rules, but they sure left a lot out.
>>
>>52902207
And the Leviathan one is basically the same. I don't even play these modes, I don't like 1v1 EDH very much to start with, but the banlists are clearly better reasoned than what Sheldon can muster.
>>
>>52902207
Humility, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time, Mystic Tutor, Imperial Seal, Loyal Retainers, Natural Order, Necrotic Ooze, Oath of Druids, and Top have no business being banned in multiplayer commander.
The rest is alright. Fast mana is pretty broken.
>>
File: kefnet-art-crop.jpg (49KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
kefnet-art-crop.jpg
49KB, 600x345px
>>TFW you pull Kefnet as your pre release promo

>>TFW everyone tells you that Kefnet is "Just a worse Thassa" and "a terrible mono blue general"

>>You build a deck based on Kefnet

>>Its win conditions are infinite blue mana into Lab Man

>>Then realize Kefnet is indestructible

>>Build into the deck WorldSlayer

>>Nuke the fuck out of all those naysayers

Its been a good weekend everybody...
>>
>>52902266
Oath, Dig and Humility are all really oppressive cards, and Humility definitely limits what kind of decks can exist in the format.

If Baral Polymorph can function as a competitive combo control deck I don't see why you think legalizing Oath of Druids is okay. Have you ever played Vintage?
>>
>>52902455
Well, you'll always have 7 cards in hand if nobody can cast spells I suppose
>>
>>52902590
>Vintage
Commander is not meant to be played like singleton Vintage.
>>
>>52902645
That's precisely why I'm alright with Oath being banned in Duel, but unrestricted in Vintage.
>>
>>52902455
That's actually cool to know, I think he might be the only blue general that can abuse World Slayer
>>
File: tumblr_inline_my38c4oKkW1s40s2j.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_my38c4oKkW1s40s2j.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>52895671
> mono colored commanders: Run any?

You bet your sweet little ass I do. This is my baby and I love playing it.
>>
File: 162.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>52895671
>how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
>implying hypersonic mono-red pseudo-Storm is somehow a bad thing

I'm having a great time
>>
>>52902645

Shouldn't the banlist reflect that?
>>
>>52902667
>>52902770
Just because a card enables degeneracy does not mean it needs to be banned. Oath does relatively little in commander as is.
>>
>>52902799

>just because a card enables degeneracy does not mean it needs to be banned

"Need" is a strong word, but what exactly do you think is cause for a ban? I don't even necessarily agree that oath of Druids needs a ban, I'm a different person, I'm just trying to figure out where people are coming from with the "don't ban the most broken cards because edh isn't 'meant to be played with broken cards'" reasoning
>>
Is there a particular playstyle/commander this card works best with? Pulled him from the Amonkhet prerelease and I wanted to build a good commander deck that includes him.
Would appreciate some suggestions as I only started playing pretty recently.
>>
>>52902837
My reasoning is that Oath isn't a broken card. Some cards are only as good as they are in Vintage. Commander has different limitations and rules that enable or disable the usefulness of different cards. It's not that Commander isn't meant to be played with broken cards, it's that some cards aren't as broken or aren't broken at all in Commander.
>>
>>52902859
All I know is I'm throwing him in my Trostani deck.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>52902691
However.

>>52902799
Except play a free Emrakul?
>>
File: 1489471653213.jpg (86KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1489471653213.jpg
86KB, 640x559px
Shamelessly reposting, since I still need help.

I threw together a Toshiro list, and hit that 100 card limit fast as fuk, and I'm tearing myself apart over what I should replace, or if I should even replace anything at all.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshiro-the-killslinger/

Things in the maybeboard are things I really want to add, but can't decide what won't pull it's weight without playtesting, but I don't want to buy cards just to need to replace them later.
>>
>>52902859
Eh, anything that lets you look at the top card of your deck is good in Rashmi.
>>
>>52902859
Mayeal the Anime comes to mind
>>
>>52902761
Don't suppose you've got a deck list for that at all? Would be interesting to look at.
>>
>>52903082
It's literally all the red cards that target one thing.
>>
File: Image (23).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (23).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
What's your favorite pet card?

Pic related
>>
>>52902455

I'm definitely building Kefnet after I finish my multiplayer Bolas deck. I love his look and flavor
>>
File: razias purification.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
razias purification.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52903165
"I didn't destroy your lands, you chose!"
>>
>>52903117
And tokens. Gotta run them token spells.

Treasonous Ogre is a must too. Go balls to the wall with your life total to dump your hand, make a fuckload of Goblins, then combo off
>>
>>52902455
I have definitely discussed this archetype with Keftnet, and a choice few auras too.
>>
>>52903165
Good ol' Birthinf Pod goes in everything I make with green. It's one of my favorite cards and probably my favorite artifact overall.
>>
>>52903165
Worst Fears is pretty spicy. I like having Word of Command in there as well but it's sadly pricey so I can only do it for the deck that most wants such fuckery.
>>
File: 1487790298016.jpg (67KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487790298016.jpg
67KB, 600x900px
I've been brewing up a Naya dual commander build and would appreciate any feedback:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brutana/
>>
>>52903348
Word of Command on Isochron scepter is one of the meanest things you can do in the format.

I try to make my decks at least fun to play against
>>
>>52895671
>Monocolor commanders: Run any? If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
i have a single mono color deck (krenko) for the sole purpose of letting people who have never played commander play to try the format. mono color commanders are honestly just boring as fuck and do the same thing every single time while having massive glaring weaknesses of only being in a single color. EDH is about finding weird synergies between cards and thats very hard to do when you only are in one color

colorless is the exception though
>>
File: RED.png (1MB, 669x933px) Image search: [Google]
RED.png
1MB, 669x933px
>>52895671
>Monocolor

R E D
>>
File: 1329777503874.gif (112KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1329777503874.gif
112KB, 150x150px
>>52902761
>mfw my Gauntlet of Might just came in the mail
>mfw no one else runs red in my group

We gon have some fun this weekend
>>
>>52903440
Orzhov Advokist is a terrible card, you should take it out.
>>
>>52903082
I don't, but like the other guy said, it's targeted spells, especially cantrips and buffs, Goblin tokens, and Fiery Gambit.

Also Kobolds. The Kobolds are so fucking cash in a Zada deck, as are Ornithopter and Memnite. Those free creatures can put in a ton of work.
>>
>>52895671
I've got a Green Freyalise deck, a Blue Empress Galina deck and a colorless Kozilek 2.0 deck.

Blue is just for shits and giggles, steal and copy things.

Green is interesting because between green and artifacts you can protect yourself from damn near anything.

Colorless is just a really consistent good stuff deck that ramps fucking fast as hell.
>>
File: 50.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52895671
>Monocolor commanders: Run any?
Sure do, pic related is ballertime
>If so, how's your experience in the land of doing only one thing?
Fucking phenomenal. The speed with which I can assemble an army of 5/3s leaves the table in awe.

The best is when you give them all Infect and make the lifegain player extremely mad.
>>
>>52903693
I wouldn't call it terrible, but it's not optimal. It's probably a fun pet card.
>>
File: 1328023725986.png (14KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1328023725986.png
14KB, 210x230px
>>52902761
>>52902710
>>52903642
>fellow redfriends
Men of taste
>>
>>52903821
Add me to the pile because Feldon is my jam.
>>
File: 163.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
163.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Anyone ever build this guy? I'm a sucker for weird commanders and this goofball actually looks like he'd be a ton of fun to play
>>
>>52895671
I have Mono Blue Azami and Mono Green Rishkar, I've found it much better to do a concise thing than trying to do a bunch of different things badly
>>
>>52903867
I've never built him but I can imagine it'd practically be Kamikaze.dec
>>
File: c_1_1_sand.jpg (44KB, 200x283px) Image search: [Google]
c_1_1_sand.jpg
44KB, 200x283px
>>52901049
>token does exist
>>
I just had a sudden major impulse to start building red blue, is the newer niv decent for people who don't want to instantly win with curiosity?
>>
>>52904272
There's no official one. That's just a custom one someone has made
>>
>>52895671
I run Gonti and all 5 of the AER legendaries.

>Gonti
Never does the same thing. One game, I'll rift the board, the next, I'll warp world. It all depends on what I'm playing against. Yes, I totally will cast whatever I pull off the top of your deck.

>Yahenni
Boardwipes and Aetherborn.dec. It's actually pretty fun.

>Kari Zev
Jank red goodstuff / threaten tribal. Meh. I rarely play it.

>Rishkar
Mono-green, but every creature becomes an elf. Meh.

>Sram
I love him to death. Play some auras, draw some cards, swing for lethal.

>Baral
I love having the answer to anything anyone is doing at any time.
>>
File: 8678678.png (267KB, 1290x1188px) Image search: [Google]
8678678.png
267KB, 1290x1188px
This is my second draft of Multiplayer Bolas.

Trying to keep my friends but I still want to be the biggest baddie at the table. Any suggestions?
>>
>>52904717
Ok, some thoughts.

You have no real win condition beyond sticking Bolas and hitting people a bunch of times. Since he costs a million mana and you have no haste sources, this seems unlikely to succeed.

You have a Scepter but nothing exciting to put on it.

Your wraths are weak and limited in number.

Your creature base needs a lot of work. No Solemn? Really? You have a lot of clones, but why?

Where is Fire Whip? Can't be a Bolas deck without Fire Whip.

Sarkhan the Mad seems terrible here. Tezzeret the Seeker seems mediocre since you have nothing good to get.

Mana base seems fine. Artifact package seems mostly fine. You need an Academy Ruins though for the Mindslaver lock, that'd also add a wincon to the deck once you grind people to a 1v1.

Speaking of, there is no recursion and minimal card draw, so you're mostly just top-decking your way to victory, which seems bad.

You have tutors but little interesting to get, just a few sorcery bombs, one planeswalker worth talking about, and a Dragonlord Silumgar.

tl;dr: You lack a consistent and clear gameplan and it shows. What does the deck want to do? Control? Combo? Dragon Beats feat. Bolas? Decide on a game plan and get back to us. As is, I'm unimpressed and don't think it has much of a shot at most tables, which clearly isn't what you're going for here.
>>
>>52904506
No, it's an official. It's the one MTGO uses
>>
>>52904985
But it doesn't exist in paper to my knowledge
>>
>>52903642
>Not Gisela

This fucking guy
>>
File: kirby.png (310KB, 542x434px) Image search: [Google]
kirby.png
310KB, 542x434px
>>52905135
But Gisela has W in its mana cost, anon. That's not monocolor. Also, Gisela isn't pic related.
>>
>>52903805

No it's definitely terrible
>>
As a newer player, how many times did you have to overhaul your manabase after replacing lands with cool spells and then realizing you had 25 lands?
>>
>>52895809
For all I care, you can write the name, Oracle text, and casting cost on a scrap of note paper.
>>
>>52895957
This. My group got to such a high power level that I bought a vintage pack of Chinaman fakes and said everyone got to take one (legal) card for their deck.
>>
>>52905867
In what fucking situation did you ever replace lands?
>>
>>52905867
None, but my problem was (and still is) not including enough lands in the first place. For example, my werewolves list has 28 lands, 2 weredorks, 4 rocks, and Kodama's Reach. Granted, it's a rather lower curve and works out most of the time, but it could still use a few more mana sources.
>>
>>52896027
You're doing God's work, Anon
>>
File: 260.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
260.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
What are the chances one of the precons is gonna be Scarecrows? I could go for a reprint of Scarecrone.
>>
>>52906098
What are the chances of them all being 5-color tribal?

That'd be some real shit.
>>
>>52906168
Virtually zero.
>>
>>52897329
Hapatra doesn't work with infect though
>>
>>52906168
One of them could be Scion though unless they go for Atarka or Karrthus for the dragon deck
Also it's gonna be zombies, goblins, elves and dragons.
>>
>>52907105
She does though. Not when damaging players, but creatures. Same with Wither and persist
>>
>>52907203
Infect makes the source deals damage in the form of -1/-1 counters wich is different from you putting the counters on a creature hence Hapatra doesn't trigger off infect and wither
>>
>>52907233
/tg/ everyone.
>>
>>52907233
You are fucking retarded, don't spread your retardation here.
>>
>>52907233
/tg/ doesn't play games
The Post.
>>
>>52907233
Jesus christ dude. You just went full retard. Keep your mouth closed so you might appear intelligent someday
>>
>>52901387
>I can't afford Krosan Grip
?????

What
>>
File: 8.19.jpg (49KB, 550x417px) Image search: [Google]
8.19.jpg
49KB, 550x417px
>>52907233
I guarantee this will be the dumbest thing I read all day and it's not even 8AM yet
>>
>>52901387
Tell me you're just being sarcastic at >>52901206 for saying that damage is (rather than causes) Loss of life. I'm like 98% sure you are but the remaining 2% is a horror of stupidity too great and terrible to comprehend.
>>
Smash Protean Hulk into Meren

Y/Y?
>>
>>52896027
>no Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
nigga wtf are you doing
>>
File: tmp_31010-57215045909.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31010-57215045909.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>52903642
You forgot me
>>
So what's the dealio with engineered explosives? Why is the card roughly $60 for what it does? It seems extremely niche in my mind unless I'm just missing something.
>>
>>52908546
Linking a first draft so that glaring omissions like that are fixed.

Fixed, by the way.
>>
>>52908698
To elaborate, at the speed I scanned sets I'd guess I have something like a 97% accuracy, which is a good number but still means I probably missed like 20 cards... most of them likely marginal inclusions but then shit like Teysa got scrolled past... Hopefully no other fucking top-quality *commander* waifus got lost in the shuffle
>>
>>52908695
It's a totally selectable wipe. I'm pretty sure it's used in legacy and/or vintage as... fuck I've been out of those formats a while. Fire it on 0 to clear enemy moxen before dropping your own or wipe tokens? 1-2 to clear goblins? Goblins is still a thing in 60 card land?

It's sideboard tech, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>52908695
Its modern legal, its a good sideboard option for some decks, usually 2-3 get the job done.
>>
>>52907164
I've heard one of the tribes is gonna be somewhat unexpected.
>>
>>52908894
>>52908803

So basically: good utility in a lot of formats, but even while it could be good in Commander, you have better budget options?
>>
I'm so glad I still had some Hulks just gathering dust.
>>
>>52908912
Because of the differences in formats and plethora of options edh players tend to use things like blasphemous act and toxic deluge rather than something so expensive. Also the format is a format where its only weakness can be easily exploited.
>>
>>52908410
Yeah, I made a bait post inspired by goonposter and wanted to make fun of him
>>
>>52905065
Ok, and?
>>
File: mad.jpg (12KB, 287x200px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
12KB, 287x200px
>>52908921
>mfw the guy on MCM I snap-bought a foil hulk from 3 minutes after the ban messages me saying that I was an asshole for taking advantage of the low price he had set before he knew about the ban
>mfw he said that he was gonna wait out sending it so that the order would get cancelled
>mfw I messaged him back that I could send a screencap of that message to MCM and probably get his account banned
>mfw he begrudgingly sends it anyway

Why are some people so fucking retarded? It's like the people who feel the need to rub it in someone's face when they get revenge on someone, all you're doing is setting yourself up for failure.
>>
>>52901387
Nice
>>
File: poison ballista.png (1MB, 1314x506px) Image search: [Google]
poison ballista.png
1MB, 1314x506px
How's this for an alternate win-con?
>>
>>52909631
I want the paper token because I have friend and 2 LGSes, you online shitter.
>>
>>52909871
It's janky and I love it.
>>
File: sheldon.jpg (32KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.jpg
32KB, 300x451px
*Blocks your path*
>>
>>52909976
>*bans your general*
>>
>>52909871
10*players counters and a Phyresis on Ballista, with Fate Transfer from Thraximundar to load the ballista up?

I think you might be able to do the "Load and fire Ballista" game better with Mimeoplasm. I mean, you could also just win with Mimeoplasm, but where's the fun in that?
>>
What ist a good commander for Jund Landfall? I want a Deck around gitrog, borborygmos, angry O, etc.
>>
>>52909744
People are greedy and want maximum money from their things and they're quick to back away if they figure out that the thing they're selling could be sold for more money
>>
>>52910018
Thraximunder is the commander and the deck would revolve heavily around all sacrifices, all the time, so Thrax can get big and fat. There's other cards that I plan to put into the deck that can gain +1/+1s from sacrificing or from other creatures dying, and adding in Isochron Scepter will make it so that the counters can be continually swapped around.

Another win-con I can think of in the deck would be to give Thraximundar infect and then cast Chandra's Ignition. If that doesn't work, just swing face with a pseudo-voltron.
>>
>>52910105
I get that, but why be such a fucking idiot and give proof of your bullshit to the only other person who has a conflict of interest on you with this? It's just so fucking stupid.
>>
>>52910106
Seems like a decent idea. At least consider including Power Conduit, it's hilarious. Lets you use anything that accumulates counters, even 'bad' ones like -1/-1 or age, as a source of +1/+1 (or charge but that's less handy)
>>
File: 114.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52910177
>or charge but that's less handy
That provides an extra goofy alt wincon
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>52910075
:(
>>
>>52910165
Usually dumb people try to pull stuff like that. It's not the first time I've heard about it. I heard that Italians are pretty bad for this sort of thing.
>>
>>52910075
They're pretty slim pickings. Shattergang? Prossh seems a little tryhard and wants the game to be about prossh.

Perhaps now is the time for Xira Arien or Adun Oakenshield
>>
>>52898567
I'm gonna guess it would work with either Arjun or Nekusar.
>>
If I'm broke what are some black or red decks I could try out?
>>
>>52910106
If you're not planning it already, Greater Gargadon.
>>
File: rip leo.png (372KB, 654x660px) Image search: [Google]
rip leo.png
372KB, 654x660px
>>52909983
>>
>>52910507
Heartless Hidetsugu. Especially now that a lot of decent cards for the deck are pretty cheap right now (Gratuitous Violence, Basilisk Collar, Godo, etc)
>>
File: 1358968899826.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1358968899826.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>get leovold from a booster
>build leovold stax
>banned two weeks later

Fuck me right.

Is Damia any good in a stax shell or should I just go Sidisi?
>>
>>52908448

What kind of stupid ass question is that?
>>
>>52911146
>help me continue being cancer
If you want to build unfun stax decks, at least have the ability to figure it out yourself.
>>
>>52911146

Considering most edh decks are either combo or stax, its picking which of the two makes you less autistic.
>>
>>52911146
If you're gonna be a faggot just play Narset desu
>>
>>52911316

I already have narset turns.dec senpai
>>
>>52911343
>>52911146
Do you have anything original?
>>
>>52911357

>complaining at people netdecking

/r/mtg is that way buddy.
>>
>>52911146
If do correctly, Stax is fairly commander-independent. A good Stax commander like GAAIV, Hokori, or poor old Leovold can help it, but you never really need to resolve your commander.

Tasigur is probably the best BUG Stax commander since he can be cast for beans with Delve and gets you resources back when recursion is pretty important to most B/x Stax shells. Sidisi can work too because she gives you chumps to feed the sac effects and at 4 cost she's viable. Damia, on the other hand, seems like you'd really be reaching. She's potentially very powerful if she lands, giving you a refilled hand, but if she lands you got to 7 mana which means, outside of rare cases where you hit ALL THE RAMP and drop Damia t3 or something, either you've already won because you've got 7 and others have nothing or you haven't been Staxing hard enough.
>>
>>52911381
In EDH I tend to look at a list to use as a guideline but do it myself. By the time I'm done with it, deck usually looks nothing like any list I saw.
>>
>>52911381
EDH netdecking isn't the same as netdecking for a competitive format.
>>
>>52911381
>netdecking
>for EDH
I have a few cancerous decks too but at least I built them myself.
>>
>>52911419
Tasigur and Sidisi are much better suited for combo what with them both being combo pieces and having access to the best tutors. BUG honestly isn't a good stax color without Leo.
>>
>>52911381
Jesus christ, is today some official retard day or something?
What kind of dunce you have to be to netdeck for EDH?
>>
>>52911546
True, but if you want to do it, Tasigur is the way to go. It's not the best use of your Tasigur but that wasn't the question
>>
>>52911657
If you're not insistent on BUG, Derevi, Nath, and Oloro all work. Also if you're in black you want Black Braids in 99.
>>
>>52911794
Black Braids is banned.
>>
>>52911824
Isn't Cabal Minion only banned as a commander?
>>
>>52911824
Only as commander. You can run it in 99
>>
>>52911873
Banned as commander-list was removed like 4 years ago, where have you been?
>>
>>52911873
>>52911892
Sheldon's list doesn't differentiate. If it's banned as one, it's banned as the other.
>>
>>52911902
Cambodia. That's retarded.
>>
>>52911873
>>52911892
Sheldon, being the dickhead he is, decided to abolish the "banned as commander" list and just made one universal list. A banned as commander list would make more sense and make it so that more cards could actually be played, but apparently that's too confusing for people.
>>
>>52911929
Why the fuck would he do that? I mean Leovold and Braids are tumor ass commanders but they'd be fine in 99.
>>
>>52912001
If I recall, it was because two separate banlists were fucking up MTGO, so they needed to make one unified. I also heard here that it was too confusing for some people, which I wouldn't be surprised when I see the lack of interesting mechanics
>>
>>52912001
Because having two banlists is too hard, anon! There's no way his crack team of testers would be able to make sure that those cards are fair in every situation possible! I mean, how can someone look at a card and be able to tell that it's only broken as a constantly accessible commander but not as 1 card out of your 99?
>>
>>52911924
Do they still have lobster meals for $1?
>>
>>52912046
I've seen the "it's too complicated" thing cited pretty frequently, but I don't know what kind of retard it takes to be unable to read two separate lists headed with "can't be your commander" and "can't go in your deck". And MTGO is shitty anyway. If they really can't code a way to fix that, then there are bigger problems to address first and foremost.
>>
>>52912067
I typically went for a bit more expensive and less risk of food poisoning, but yes.

>>52912046
>MTGO
It's like two decades old now, are people really still playing it despite how awful it is?
>>
>>52912132
A lot of people do because apparently they've never heard of Xmage, Cockatrice, or Untap. Truly astounding, I know.
>>
>>52912132
>MTGO
Never underestimate the hideous conflux of the Sunk Costs Fallacy and market share dominance.
>>
If I want to play a permission deck that locks down 4-5 people, who should be my commander? Augustin?
>>
>>52912179
>>52912196
Holy shit.
>>
>>52912209
Grand Arbiter's never wrong for Stax. Which is basically where you have to be in order to "Permission" multiple players
>>
>>52912209
Teeg also works
>>
>>52912179
Word of precaution: only play Cockatrice with people you know. There are so many chuds who will try to lie their way out of a card ruling that doesn't work in their favor, because Cockatrice has no rules system.
>>
>>52912496

This 100%. The amount of people that don't understand basic card rulings is infuriating. Plus when people go to look at the top card of their deck, "misclick" and shuffle the deck entirely a turn or two after a brainstorm/ponder/top is amazingly high.

As expensive and as clunky as mtgo can be, it at least has a functional rules system.
>>
>>52912496
>>52912588
This is why I go for Xmage.
>>
>>52911146
oh no!
Looks like you have to play that terrible Tasigur!!! oh heavens no!!!!!!
whats that? damia?? oh you poor thing!!!
>>
>>52912588
Xmage is nice too. It can be a bitch to get running and the servers can fuck up sometimes, but it runs everything very well
>>
File: 46.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
What are some cards you thought would be staples when you saw them, but never really caught on? I've loved pic related since it was released and I thought it was great scalable removal in U with a negligible downside.
>>
>>52912776
I honestly don't understand why more people dont use this.
I can only assume because its sorcery speed

asymmetrical exile in blue. who cares if they get a boar!
>>
>>52912821
Reality Shift came in the following block and provided more flexibility I guess. I do try to run it from time to time, monoU exiling shit is great.
>>
File: 23[1].jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23[1].jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>52912776
I thought this would be played more often. It can break a standoff but it's much worse than Cyclonic Rift if the deck has blue.
>>
File: 218[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>52912880
combo
>>
>>52912880
>>52912909
So exile all their nonland permanents and then skip the endstep by just ending the turn, effectively keeping them in exile?
>>
>>52912909
Pro play is to use Sudden on somebody with their commander out so they let it get exiled on the presumption it's coming back, then drop sundial after to erase it forever.

After that game use EoT flickers on commanders and watch them scurry off to the command zone even when you aren't actually holding Sundial.
>>
>>52912976
Sort of. You use sundial when the return trigger is on the stack to exile the trigger with its condition having been met. I believe if you use Sundial before the end step, it'll just trigger on the next end step that actually happens.
>>
>>52912993
mmhm

Spicey. I love permanently removing commanders
>>
>>52913019
Devious
>>
I cast tempting wurm on turn two
What are you putting into play?
>>
>>52913059
Based on the first playtest run of my latest deck on tappedout, a Caves of Koilos, Plains, Mardu Banner, Archangel of Tithes, and Vow of Duty (probably on the wurm). If my turn is next I'll throw down the Crown of Doom too, otherwise I don't want to be holding it until I untap
>>
>>52913059
If I'm playing Jeleva or Mizzix hopefully a mana rock and some lands but I would be fucked anyway.
>>
>>52913059

Combustible gearhulk, a mountain and a trading post.

we feldon now
>>
>>52913059
I probably dump a few mana rocks and lands and eot a draw spell. When I untap I would probably make a huge splashy play or win.
>>
>>52909871
Oh hey, I found another, potentially better way to load up the balista.

Someone could obviously shut this down if they had the appropriate spot removal, but I imagine I can hold people hostage once it's loaded by firing it in response to them trying to kill it, yea?
>>
>>52913345
Oh wait I'm retarded. Those aren't counters.
>>
>>52913059
I just drew a hand of my Kozilek deck, I'd put oldlamog, it that betrays, artisan of kozilek, rogue's passage, crystal vein, thought vessel and a spine of ish sah in play.
>>
>>52913128
>>52913176
>>52913261
>>52913376
Analysis: Why was Tempting Wurm in the deck? And were you forced to play it by Word of Command?
>>
Building a deck for someone who's never played EDH before but they're a big Timmy who's favorite guild is Selesnya. Built this out of what I had. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-goodest-of-goodstuff/
>>
>>52913497
Trying to catch some people with Containment Priest? Group hug?
>>
>>52913531
Amulet of Vigor lets you chain creature spells with Karametra triggers, might be worth a slot. Do them a favor and grab a Krosan Grip.
>>
>>52913497
Baiting for this >>52913019
>>
File: Image.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
133KB, 223x311px
Is Baral a fun multiplayer Commander? How do you build him?

I'm thinking of building a UR spell slinging, and pic related sounds like a reasonably slow and not threatening (as long as people realize he's the "wrong" Niv-Mizzet) enough to stay on the board long enough to be useful.
>>
>>52913531
I Actually just built a karametra deck and I have to say that lotus cobra is a must-have no matter what your budget. Is enables you to fix your mana and take advantage of as many landfall triggers as possible
>>
>>52913648
Honestly, she's just there cuz it was either her or the Dragonlord. I actually have a Naya landfall deck that Karametra will be going in so I'll be putting Dromoka at the helm later.
>>
>>52913596
Baral is kind of cool but he's better in the 99 of Mizzix or Melek.
>>
>>52912993
You have to be careful of the wording though. In case of cards like Turn to Mist, they can put the commander on command zone and it will still return to the battlefield at end step
>>
>"Competitively, Leovold was 100% the best general in the format, with Meren of Clan Nel Toth being a VERY distant second."
>daily reminder that these are the people the RC listens to most

I actually agree with the ban and unban (though I think the RC should have unbanned more cards), but holy hell, the people on the forum that they listen to are retarded.
>>
File: Panglacial Wurm.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Panglacial Wurm.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52903165
Turning Rampant Growth into a nine-mana spell is something I rather enjoy doing.
>>
>>52913990
You still have to pay for the wurm correct?

Doesn't seem amazing.
>>
>>52914113
I mean, it's not great, but with enough fetching/ramping going on the fact that you get the wurm as a bonus tacked on and don't have to draw it is kind of nice.

EDH is a format where the payoff of a 9/5 trample might not be worth it, though.
>>
Never made an EDH deck before but I always really liked Azami even when Kamigawa was in standard but I don't really know where to start, is there a good budget list for an Azami EDH deck?
>>
>>52914163
>>52913990
What are the rules against using this and seleva to rig your draw? How do you draw a card while searching your library?
>>
>Living Plane has gone up $140 since I bought mine
Should have bought more.
>>
File: borida.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
borida.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>52909976
"You unbanned Protean Hulk, so I'll just find an alternate route."
>>
>>52914185
You keep the deck in the same order while you are searching, since it is a mana ability you can activate while searching to pay and you just draw the 'top' card.

Its a weird interaction.
>>
>>52914195
When the hell did you buy? It was sitting at 60 for a long time but now you can get it at 150. I was cursing that much of a price hike, when was it 10 bucks?
>>
File: rollins3.jpg (41KB, 702x432px) Image search: [Google]
rollins3.jpg
41KB, 702x432px
>>52912001
>tumor-ass commanders
>>
>>52914185
Since the search effect is resolving, the draw trigger won't resolve and draw you a card so you'll finish searching and shuffling long before you draw. (At this point, anon notices >>52914227 ) Does Selvala 2 not draw cards? I guess that's how the Parley would work. So word of advice: if somebody moves their cards around while searching, it is, while not usually important, technically not allowed.
>>
>>52914239
It said $175 when I checked today. I got mine NM last July for $40. It was $25 two weeks before that.
>>
>>52914292
Selava isn't a triggered ability.

>>52914227
So you can search your library and while searching, activate Selava if you like what the top card is?
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>52913531
WHERE
THE
FUCK
IS
AUTOCHTHON
WURM
>>
>>52914292
Not quite.

The interaction involves panglacial wurm. You choose to cast it and you can activate selvala to attempt to pay for the mana, You draw the card before you shuffle from the search effect.

Selvala is also part of an infinite combo involving mana abilities and necrotic ooze to win the game .

>>52914332
Not quite, only when you cast a spell like panglacial wurms ability, it gets weird if you try and use selvala to pay for the wurm and it doesn't give you enough mana.
>>
>>52914346
If this was a token build, I might be inclined but after numerous amounts of playtesting, I don't get to 15 mana until very late.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52914113
>>52914163
I'm also playing it in Xenagos, so it's not as bad as it seems.
>>
>>52912001
No person really thinks having two banlists is complicated, not even the simplest of the simplest. However, the things that Code MTGO, which don't strictly qualify as people due to their subamoeboid intelligence couldn't handle it, and thus wizards forced the RC to nix the banned as commander list.
>>
>>52914378
>it gets weird if you try and use selvala to pay for the wurm and it doesn't give you enough mana.

So what happens?
>>
>>52914305
Damn I started looking for that thing at the wrong time. Random BS buyout/scarcity or did it get good somewhere?
>>
>>52914425
If you activate Selvala’s ability while casting a spell, and you discover you can't produce enough mana to pay that spell’s costs, the spell is reversed. The spell returns to whatever zone you were casting it from. You may reverse other mana abilities you activated while casting the spell, but Selvala’s ability can't be reversed. Whatever mana that ability produced will be in your mana pool and each player will have drawn a card.

A ruling on Selvala
>>
>>52914397
Ah yeah, Xenagos can def make it worth while.
>>
>>52914458
Buyout. If I had had the cash to buy more than one copy at the time, I would have.
>>
>>52914469
So, while searching your library, with the Wurm in it, you could knowingly attempt to cast it. while not being able to actually cast it, purely to draw the top card of your deck, which you know is good?
>>
>>52914515
Yes.
>>
>>52913059
>sample hand on tapped out
t1 plains -> solring
t2 i guess i put 2x forest, boreal druid, q-pride mage and homeward path

wrath and enlighted tutor in hand

thanx for the ramp i guess
>>
Is it weird that after heavy tuning my deck has 30 lands?
>>
>>52914515
>>52914538
Damn, that would be really cool if it didn't lead to an argument almost every time and make everyone think you're a dick.
>>
>>52914285
Not sure what the context here is.
>>
>>52914628
Yes, unless you can survive on 1-3 lands for 5+ turns.
>>
>>52914661
I just thought it was funny.
>>
>>52914675
Total lands and rocks are in the 40s. Just straight up land is just 30
>>
>>52914635
Battlefield: Necrotic Ooze
Graveyard: Skirge Familiar, Pili-Pala, Selvala, Explorer Returned
Anywhere in deck or hand: Blightsteel Colossus

Since Necrotic ooze has only mana abilities from the 3 cards in your graveyard you deck your opponents without ever giving them priority.
>>
>>52914491
Fuck. Well, that means they could come down at least a little from where they are now, or I could just be the sucker and take what they're at.
>>
>>52914734
This is not relevant to my post, I don't know why you replied to me.
>>
>>52914721
Then try it and see. Personally, I have 35-40 lands, in addition to rocks etc.
>>
>>52914754
They literally cost double their weight in 24c gold. Just get a fake, it's from legends so no one can tell.
>>
>>52914734
What? How does this work?
>>
>>52915172
Necrotic ooze has the untap ability from Pili-pala, Parley from Selvala and Discard add {B} from Skirge.

Activate Parley - draw a card.
You should get at least 1 mana
Discard the card you drew and untap necrotic ooze
Activate Parley again and repeat until your opponents are decked.

If you run out of cards in deck first, the Blightsteel will keep shuffling back in once you discard it and once it is the last card in your deck it provides mana from Parley and Discard to untap Selvala.

Since each ability is a mana ability if you are Active player priority never gets passed to each opponent to ever respond.

You can add Angel's Grace with its split second to provide better security
>>
>>52915172
Necrotic Ooze has the abilities of Pili-Pala (2 and untap to make 1), Selvala (tap to Parley and make mana = Parley), and Skirge Familiar (Discard a card for 1)

Tap Necrotic for Parley. If you get at least 2 mana, use Pili-Pala's untap ability and repeat, getting a new card and floating 1 mana to make the minimum Parley award for the next cycle 1. If, after the Parley mana ability, you have less than 2 mana in your pool, discard cards to make up the difference: you get 1 every time you parley. This *is* one of those combos that can choke mid-combo if you get hillariously unlucky with the Parleys, but Mana Reflection or not pissing on four-leafed clovers while breaking every mirror in a funhouse fixes that.

Every time you discard Blightsteel (or anything else with the same ability to shuffle itself and only itself back), it goes back into your library which means that at the end you can just discard it and redraw it from the parley. So, your library is effectively infinite. The libraries of your opponents are not, since all their cards will be ending up in their hands, not their graveyards to shuffle back.
>>
>>52915294
>>52915319
I want to try this incredibly janky combo out now.
>>
>>52915357
The great thing is that you're in Karador's colors so you can tutor it all, including with Buried Alive to load the grave. Hulk will even help out now.
>>
File: 97083_200w.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
97083_200w.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
what are some cool creatures in general to bring back with feldon
>>
Would Rooftop Storm reduce the casting cost of a zombie commander to 0, and if so will it always do so after it returns to the command zone or do you still need to pay the cumulative 2 cost?
>>
>>52915958
The Rooftop Storm sets an alternative cost for playing Grimgrin of 0. The general tax is an additional cost, which is not covered by the effect, so you'll still have to pay 2 per extra time to cast him from the Command Zone.
>>
>>52915981
Wait, forgot to mention I was using Grimgrin as an example of Zombie commander, it would work with any legendary with zombie-type.
>>
>>52915859

Keldon firebombers can be cute if you're running a lot of mana rocks. Even if you're not it keeps just enough mana around to let you use feldon so that's a bonus.
>>
New thread required
>>
New thread!

>>52916094
>>52916094
>>52916094
>>52916094
>>
File: file.png (107KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
107KB, 190x265px
So, anyone got a King Tut list?
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.