[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 52

File: 213.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
War of Attrition edition

Previously on /edh: >>52865545

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What, if any, attrition-based decks have you run? I.e., things that slowly grind out a victory.
>>
Fuck Sheldon.
>>
>>52884276
Solitary Confinement is a strong card but I don't like the idea of discarding a card before I find out it's true value because my draw for turn could change everything.

My playgroup(s) also have the reasoning if I am trying so hard to protect myself then I must have something scary planned.
>>
File: Meloku the Clouded Mirror.jpg (146KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
Meloku the Clouded Mirror.jpg
146KB, 464x664px
>>52884242
>What, if any, attrition-based decks have you run?

More recently I have built pic related as stax, it is in the first version and I have yet to play it in my lgs league. (Playing it this week).

I am hoping it provides some insight for changes.
>>
>>52884280
You'll have to figure out some other way to make your meta miserable, Trest Shitlord.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278KB, 1280x1024px
Alright laddy lads care to have a critique of this Dralnu deck I've been tinkering with?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-04-17-how-to-lose-friends-and-alienate-people/
>>
>>52884404
I just built bird tribal, that doesn't make Sheldon less of a fucking faggot.
>>
Hope of Ghirapur deck you say?
>>
File: 106b.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
106b.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52884242
>What, if any, attrition-based decks have you run? I.e., things that slowly grind out a victory.
Little Lili's +2 is great for that. Play heavy card draw, out of your graveyard, and with as many group slug effects as you can. Her ultimate will win you the game, but both of her other abilities are great too. She'll draw hate before she ultimates anyway. Don't be afraid to -X her to grab a Fleshbag Marauder or Crypt Ghast or whatever when you need to, she ticks up quickly and costs only 3 mana.

I eventually took apart that deck because my friends weren't having fun against it, and because I'm usually the most vocal proponent against planeswalker cards. I felt hypocritical using one as my commander even though I don't use any in any other deck.
>>
>>52884242
My Sydri decks durdles for 20 turns, drawing cards and countering spells, before dropping Lattice and ending the game. People complained about how grindy it was, and often conceded to the mid/late-game pressure. I took the deck apart due to how samey and attritiony it became to play.

Nowadays Breya allows me to run similar bullshit with more of a reanimator theme. It's harder to play though since I don't play any infinite combos and don't have the "I sin" power of Lattice. That said, I built it to prey on the 4 Brago decks at my LGS and it's worked wonders on that front
>>
>>52884142
Furthermore, I dug into what Sheldon had to say about the card previously and what French Commander was doing with it.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=5264&d=230355&f=EDH
http://www.starcitygames.com/article/33182_Is-Protean-Hulk-Safe-To-Unban.html

It seems like a good card, great value, but where are these game-ending combos people are talking about? This seems like a good value engine and a step down from T&N in terms of finishing games.
>>
>>52884533
How? What cards is it tutoring to end the game?
>>
File: slifer the sky dragon.jpg (322KB, 1211x1636px) Image search: [Google]
slifer the sky dragon.jpg
322KB, 1211x1636px
>>52884242
>What, if any, attrition-based decks have you run? I.e., things that slowly grind out a victory.

Ironically Attrition doesn't grind out a game, however I have used kederekt parasite to grind out a win since everyone wants to draw cards regardless of dmg. Honorable mention goes to infectious horror
>>
>>52884691
Duel lacks the 13 or so ultrapowerful tutors that EDH has, making the combo nearly impossible to achieve.
>>
>>52884492
Not disagreeing with Sheldon's faggotry, but this update isn't terrible. I never played with or against Leovold, so no butthurt there, and in terms of cards that win the game when played, Hulk actually has fair uses unlike some cards they unbanned before it (coughWorldgorgercough). Now they just need to unban Coalition Victory.
>>
>>52884691
mikaeus + walking ballista
>>
>>52884713
Learn how to use Google retard.
>>
>>52884742
or wait, first phyrexian delver + sac outlet, then mik + ballista
>>
File: GitterdunFrog.jpg (349KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
GitterdunFrog.jpg
349KB, 750x450px
The place that I play commander at is going to be switching to the french, duel commander rules.
Anyone have a good commander for it?

Also where do you guys buy your singles? There are some cards that i'm looking for but I dont know where to buy them.
>>
>>52884752
What a fantastic answer telling me to google for cards in a combo that hasn't existed in the format prior to today. Thank you for the insight.
>>
>>52884757
TCGPlayer and set it so you don't care about card quality, playable beats looks in my book.
>>
>>52884757
With my burning hatred for duel commander, all I heard here was "My LGS owner decided to gargle cum and I'm considering joining him."

Without knowing the meta, I'd assume something mono-blue, Nin, or Anafenza are all safe choices.
>>
>>52884734
>Hulk actually has fair uses
maybe in monogreen
>>
>>52884757
Boros Partners, Bruse/Reyhan, MonoR Zurgo, Grixis Control and Selvala are all viable options.
>>
Any suggestions for neat but not commonly used commanders? I'm not a fan of shutting players down from playing at all.
>>
File: 107598.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
107598.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
INTO MEREN IT GOES
>>
>>52884782
Yeah they just released Protean Hulk in Amonkhet, not Dissension over a fucking decade ago.
>>
>>52884756
Isperia the Inscrutable. Can be built prison, but much more fun as flyer tribal.
>>
>>52884782
Don't sweat it, some teenager has been saying that about everything for the last few threads. Hopefully he gets bored and fucks off soon enough.

Anyways, in black you can grab pretty gnarly things. Maybe rune scared demon to tutor your wincon, or picking up something like blood artist and body snatcher then sacing the snatcher to get back the hulk, so you can fish some more combo pieces.
>>
>>52884834
Shit, meant to reply to
>>52884807
>>
>>52884821
The combo that Flash Hulk used was in a 1v1 format with 20 life, you fucking goon. None of the common Flash Hulk combos end the game or are even that great in EDH. Quit shitposting.
>>
>>52884757
I get most of my singles from trading with my group or buying online from tcgplayer since I live in the USA. I don't trust SCG since they almost always charge more than the listed median of other sites.

>>52884803
Not just monogreen will benefit from the hulk unban I'm sure I can find a use for it in mimeoplasm but I don't want it because I'm not a tryhard who wants to win a casual format
>>
>>52884807
Jori En? I haven't tried her but I feel like you can make a B-tier deck with nothing but low-CMC UR spells like bolt, counterspell, and brainstorm. Like a weaker Keranos maybe.
>>
>>52884854
if you're running not monogreen and playing hulk, it's probably a game-winning spell as opposed to an extremely great spell
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-221728.png (258KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-221728.png
258KB, 1080x1920px
>>52884849
Oh man, how totally fucking wrong I am.
>>
>>52884416
>>52884416
>>52884416
p-pls
>>
>>52884807
I have fun with Sisters of Stone Death. Expensive, but you're also in the two best colors for ramping to critical masses of mana.
>>
>>52884841
Rune-Scarred is 7. Also that sounds strong but people in the last thread are saying it ends games. Walking Ballista and Mike seems like the strongest one I've heard so far.
>>52884756
Why doesn't just Mike and Ballista work?
>>
>>52884242

Closest I got to that is Kambal. While it's not exactly an attrition deck, when it wins, it rarely does so through direct spells or creatures. Just a nice, steady drain.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-01-17-bleed-them-dry/
>>
>>52884874
>modern
You mean a 1v1, 20 life format? Wow, good job proving him wrong.
>>
>>52884885
because ballista will have a static +1/+1
>>
>>52884885
Ballista needs a sac outlet to undie (gets +1/+1 from Mike,)
>>
>>52884915
Because infinite life loss is restricted to 20 life formats?
>>
>people don't know common combos with Protean Hulk
>yet insist it's a fair card
>>
>>52884945
It's not infinite life loss, you fucking goon.
>>
>>52884945
The Disciple of the Vault variant was less interactive and hit 20 life. The infinite variants are slightly more interactive.
>>
>>52884885
Well I went a little durr. Get massacre wurm round two with the hulk off body snatcher and then laugh your way to the bank. I would also be interested if there was some sort of esoteric combo I can't quite grasp.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52884807
>>
>>52884416
Why is he holding his sword like that?

Also deck looks fun, I've been considering a similar style of Dralnu deck for awhile. You should probably be playing Intuition but other than that, shit's good.
>>
>>52884981
>people post vague and condescending posts about a card associated with a combo that was constructed with single player 20 life formats as the context
>yet insist they aren't shitposting
>>
>>52884800
I haven't played it yet so I don't really know what to expect.
>>
>>52884984
>Blood Artist and infinite dying triggers isn't infinite life loss
Huh? I mean I guess it stops when they out of life.
>>
>>52885015
Thanks bud, I'll find a slot for Intuition
>>
>>52885077
>posts links to google searches showing infinite protean hulk combos
>doesn't bother to open the links to even check if they are relevant to the discussion

Combo doesn't use blood artist, you fucking goon.
>>
>friend has finished Rakdos Eldrazi, can't shut up about how good it's going to be
>just finished building Edric

I can't wait to counter all his shit and then blow him out with unblockable 1/1s with Infect off Triumph of the Hordes
>>
>>52885135
No need to ruin his fun.
>>
>>52884756
This is without a doubt the best one I've seen brianstormed so far. It requires you to run the least amount of shitty cards and the least amount of colors.
>>
>>52885165
I suppose. I just wish he'd shut up about how it's going to blow everyone else out
>>
>>52885125
Yeah Modern Bubble Hulk uses Mogg Fanatic but it can tutor Blood Artist in the same way after you get in the Reveillark/BD loop by choosing to reanimate Karmic Guide, which is probably what the EDH version would use given the color identity rules.

Or instead of being a semantic cunt I could remind you that damage is loss of life retard.

Did you give up this fucking argument yet?
>>
>friend builds a sliver deck
>its WAY more powerful than anything anyone else in our group has

do i just jam my deck full with board wipes or something?
>>
>>52885274
He'll learn once he actually plays a game with it since Rakdos is pretty clunky. Fun deck, but actually enabling him and going through all of the setup usually means your opponent's have had time to set up way faster and sturdier. It doesn't take counterspells and infect to show him that. Rakdos by nature is a flimsier deck.
>>
>>52885303
Get good idiot.
>>
Is there a list of all of the cards that go infinite with Kiki? I know the classic but I'm more curious about the weird ones that arent talked about like Bounding Krasis
>>
>>52885303
That all depends on your colors.
>>52885313
Thornbite staff + anything that sacrifices itself.
>>
>>52885290
>I could remind you that damage is loss of life retard.

Uhhhh... Damage is not life loss.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/264098-life-loss-vs-damage?cookieTest=1

Also when are they going to get Blood Artist since every lynchpin clone/reanimate creature they are fetching is 5 mana which is why Mogg Fanatic and Viscera Seer (being 1 mana) are so essential? Karmic Guide is also 5 mana so can't do it then.
>>
>>52885303
What do you run anon? I'd be happy to help.
>>
>>52885303
What does he run for Commander? Queen? Legion? Hivelord? Overlord?

If he runs old Slivers, they're vulnerable to you stealing them away and getting those tasty benefits for yourself.
>>
File: proteanhulk.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
proteanhulk.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
>buy 5 copies last year at $1 each and forget about them
>see this thread
>check tcgplayer
Oh boy. Into Marath and Hapatra, I suppose
>>
>>52885290

Forgot to add in >>52885392 you fucking goon.
>>
>>52885303
What the fuck you should have a few wipes in all your decks anyways! Everyone needs to be able to wrangle an I winnable board state.
>>
>>52885306
>opponent's
opponents*
Fuck me, I'm tired.
>>
>>52885418
Not him but what is with you and calling people goons? That's such a goofy name to go with. I mean, it's better than some of the gobbledygook people go with, but still.
>>
>>52885471
To let shitposter-san know that it's the same person hounding him with semantics. It's a little less faggy than a tripcode.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52885418
>>52885392
It sure is you fucking goon.
>>
>>52885512
Damage causes loss of life, but by the rules they are not the same thing.

"Prevent X damage" does not prevent "Target player loses X life." Etc.
>>
>>52885500
Ah yes, telling people Protean Hulk creates an infinite combo when it dies is shitposting.
>>
>>52884416
Get a Pact if you can. That shit will save your ass when you go for the Doomsday sequence. Maybe some more spot removal for things that you don't need to get rid of with a counter.

Also Reality Shift is dank. Use that
>>
>>52885609
No. This is shitposting. >>52884752

Pretending a barely tier 2 deck in a dead format that made waves 3 years ago in one PT is common knowledge when EVERYONE knows the premiere Hulk combo is Flash Hulk with Disciple.
>>
>>52885512
>Damage CAUSES Loss of Life

First you can't count to 6 now you can't read cards. This is getting extraordinarily embarrassing, you fucking goon.
>>
Well this thread is a fucking dumpster fire

Post 'em
>>
>>52885695
And yet Googling Protean Hulk combo got me there.

You're welcome for being spoonfed by the way.
>>
>>52885743
>Is attempting to fix a shitty thread by reposting the same fucking picture he posts every thread that adds no discussion to the thread

You're not helping, asshole.
>>
>>52885765
Hey how 'bout you take the thorny rose stem out of your urethra and lighten up

God you guys get so fucking mad about the dumbest shit
>>
>>52885743
Oh boy let's fill the image cap with crap no one responds to.

Post your theme song next anon.
>>
>>52885778
How about you contribute something fucking new to these threads. What's next is that asshole gonna post his decklists with his incredibly unfunny song-inspired deck titles? Or are we gonna have another post your deck theme comment chain? How about a rinse-repeat of the "What I built/What I expected/What I Got" with the guy that starts out with his shitty Nebuchadnezzar pic. This general is like fucking Groundhog's Day and you want to fix it by reposting the same shit. No you fucking lighten up and stop spamming these threads.
>>
>>52885817
At least I have fun while I do it, friend

I think you're just mad that Leovold got the axe and you have to take it out on anyone who will respond to you
>>
>>52885807
You act like the image cap even matters. At least the image he posted is on topic. People will just use of spaces with shitty reaction images or some shit. Image cap is not a solid argument. I'd rather see people post their decks because at least there's a chance for some discussion that isn't just shitposting to take root.
>>
>>52885832
Not him, but I'm mad that the banlist is controlled by literal retards who ban things for the wrong reason, and I've never even played Leovold.
>>
So I bought 6 Near Mint Protean Hulks from my local game store today for $3.59 each, it's currently $22ish for moderately played condition on TCG, what do
>>
>>52885858
Do you plan on using all of them? That's a whole lotta green
>>
>>52885817
It's better than the shitposting we have currently. He said nothing about "theme songs" or any of that nonsense. You're like the fucking pancakes guy. At least posting your decks might get someone to ask about the list or tech choices.
>>
>>52885869
No I don't plan on using any
>>
>>52885858
>"hey I bought recently unbanned very powerful card for cheap, it's selling for a lot, what do"
What the fuck do you think you should do you fucking scalper
>>
>>52885883
They'll probably keep rising in price for a little while. Try and sell those babies at the peak of their value.
>>
>>52885871
We're the same 20 autists in every iteration of this general. I haven't seen anyone ask about a decklist in these decklist pic chains in these threads since I've seen that shit posted.
>>
File: CommanderPool.png (708KB, 931x541px) Image search: [Google]
CommanderPool.png
708KB, 931x541px
>>52885743
The Volute deck feels like a fun project, I don't know where it will take me but hopefully it is a fun place.
Can't wait to work out the Meloku kinks as well.
>>
>>52885858
Put them in your deck of course.
>>
>>52885912
I ask every now in then just in hopes that someone is playing something nifty in their decks. I go on deck building sprees and use everyone's deck images they post for inspiration on what to build next.
>>
>>52885915
Your group let you build Spellweaver Volute as your commander? With Sunforger? You gotta post a list, I need to see that shit
>>
>>52885915
>>52885930
The picture doesn't explain properly, I plan on building a deck using the Volute as a focus, I don't know who the general is yet or the direction I am going.
>>
>>52885917
I don't play the kind of edh that calls for cards that have been or will be on the ban list at any time.
>>
>>52885951
Shu Yun seems like he'd be a pretty good fit for something like that. Free casts for Prowess and double strike trigger, plus if you rock Vedalken Orrery you can cast your sorceries in combat
>>
Does anyone here runs Narset?
How many extra turns/extra combats do you think are enough?
>>
>>52885951
I'd say Yidris except your fancy ways of getting spells won't cascade.
>>
>>52885998
Zero, ya cunt.
>>
>>52885998
>Narset walks
Don't be that guy, anon
>>
>>52885832
>At least I have fun while I do it, friend

So it's okay to shitpost so long as you're having fun?
>>
>>52885761
>You mean you didn't ASSUME that a card that has been worthless in every constructed format for the better part of a decade had some infinite combo discovered involving it which became barely notable for a few months in the modern scene. AND THEN you also didn't assume that said deck would pop up in the google results instead of the much more notorious and all around better combo for normal constructed instead of this hypothetical infinite. Wow, what a retard.

You could've just said "there was a modern infinite with Hulk." Literally less words and less work than being aggressively dickish about it.
>>
>>52886257
You mean you didn't ASSUME when people were talking about a Protean Hulk combo that win the game there was a Protean Hulk combo that win the game, you goon?
>>
File: postem.png (3MB, 1416x2302px) Image search: [Google]
postem.png
3MB, 1416x2302px
>>52885743
I'm not very spikey, but I like a good game of commander and I also like complex interactions and interesting things.

Question about Scion: if I attack with and activate him to get Hellkite Tyrant, and they try to Sword to Plowshares him, so I tutor for Silumgar, the Drifting Death, what happens?

I'm right that he becomes Silumgar, fizzles Swords(because hexproof), then becomes Hellkite Tyrant?

Better question: when does an opponent get to respond to Scion's activated ability? Do they get to respond after I pitch the dragon, or can they only respond before?
>>
>>52885743
I don't have a picture, but Depala, new Sigarda, Breya, Jhoira, and Rashmi. I don't intend to play only women, it is just so.
>>
File: 1434691314333.png (241KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1434691314333.png
241KB, 500x463px
>Sheoldred and Hidegetsu out
>Sheoldred triggers
>Tap Hidegetsu in response, draining everyone for a huge amount and taking myself to 1
>Sheoldred reanimates Knollspine and I pitch to draw 13
>Hit Black sun zenith and instantly slam it down
>Resulting triggers regarding Parallel lives AND doubling season out causes the client to lock up and crash

I think that's as close as I'll come to a digital table flipping moment.
>>
>>52886390
People weren't and still aren't talking about that combo and apparently neither were you since you mentioned blood artist which doesn't fit into any combo involving Hulk. Feel free to link me to a post at any point in the past two threadswhere someone mentions that heinous Rube Goldberg machine of a combo that is Bubble Hulk, that literally no one is going to run, before you mention it .
>>
>>52884808
I'm gonna tell him
>>
>>52886539
I guess you're the retard today. Hulk was just unbanned.
>>
>>52886574
Yep just checked that myself. Into marath he goes.
>>
>>52886465
Depends when they want to respond.

What they should do is wait and let it become Hellkite Tyrant and then Swords him so he can't become something else. But you are correct, if they do it before the ability's resolved you'll still be able to Silumgar, fizzle the Swords, then the original activation resolves and it becomes Hellkite, yes.

But again they should really let it become Hellkite and lock in for the turn before Swords.
>>
Does anyone else keep thinking there are 3 Shattergang Brothers? It really feels like there should be 3.
>>
>>52886518
So how's that Depala working out for you?

I'm very curious because the amount of good dwarves can be counted on both hands, same with vehicles.
>>
File: Big Deck.png (258KB, 387x311px) Image search: [Google]
Big Deck.png
258KB, 387x311px
I want to make a casual deck with pic related as the general, any spicy tech for this big guy?
>>
>>52886675
Aren't there three? There's another goblin in the background.
>>
>>52886703
That's what I always thought. But there's only two. I also seem to recall the number of brothers being mentioned in some story article too.
>>
File: image.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>52886679
Depala is actually a lot of fun! You're right, there's not much, and I didn't force shit that wasn't worth running, even when this desperate. Istill have a huge amount of choice rare dwarves from Kaladesh, every single vehicle from the first one, and most of the vehicles from
The second. I've filled the rest with common sense shit like Sun Titan and Path. Wipes because vehicles dodge them entirely.

I'm getting off track. Depala works just like a Boros Voltron equipmemt commander, in an esoteric way. The dig she gets from tapping herself to crew makes up for a small choice selection, I've never struggled to get her moving on vehicles and dwarf beaters. Also fun interaction with this card here. Depala is baller.
>>
>>52884757
Back when my lgs played it a few years ago Clique, Geist of Saint Traft, and Grand Arbiter were all really strong and popular
>>
>>52886701
Equipment doesn't tap when the equipped creature is attacking, give creatures vigilance and play spells on 2nd main phase (like you should be doing anyway). That's as spicy is it gets, friend.
>>
>>52886701
Who is this woman? From what set?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52886701
Also if you give him vigilance you can use this card and similar effects to tap him during the attack phase and use the ability.

For the record I literally just got this card from his EDHREC page. It'd probably be best for you to browse it as well.
>>
>>52886829
Maraxus of Keld, the Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rollah!
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 500x436px
>>52886843
Yeah man no kidding. Creature type Gayboy Warriors. Use Lovisa.
>>
>>52886536
It's really fucking frustrating arguing with you because you act as though everyone else in this thread is as stupid as you are, but no one else seems to be having the same problem as you, which is that you can't use Google when you don't know the answer to something.

If every single person is mentioning the Hulk unban and how it can win the game in its own, a normal, thinking human being might wonder how that is and look up the answer.

But no, you ask to be spoonfed and even feel entitled to take up the time of others.
>>
>>52886794
>>52886830
I'm not sure how you give your team vigilance, Angel's Trumpet?
>>
>>52886902
Equipment to give him vigilance. Akroma's Memorial looks like only way to give all creatures vigilance in your color identity.
>>
>>52886936
Oh yeah, that's much better.
>>
>>52886701
Most people seem to go tokens with Purphoros as a back-up strat. Red goodstuff seems like it works well for him: insurrection, warstorm surge, zealous conscripts, etc.
>>
File: wrecking crew.jpg (122KB, 620x461px) Image search: [Google]
wrecking crew.jpg
122KB, 620x461px
>>52886719
>>
>>52886877
I asked what Protean Hulk could search up to end the game and the answers people said weren't anywhere in the google search meaning the google search wouldn't have answered my question. No one will run Bubble Hulk. It's 5 colors and runs horrible cards like Mogg Fanatic. So instead of understanding I am talking about the card in the context of EDH, of which no brainstorming for combos with this card have occurred en masse until hours ago, you wanted to try to take out some frustration by taking a pot shot at someone looking to stir up discussion about developments in the format.

I apparently can't communicate you to clearly enough that Bubble Hulk, the combo that you so frustratingly wished I had assumed existed and googled, is not going to do anything in EDH. If you can't understand why then I can't help you. What will do something is the Mike + Ballista combo mentioned earlier that MY QUESTION brought into the discussion.

I'm not acting entitled. I'm asking a question which you inadequately answered.

While you're being a confrontational dick you wanna tell >>52886701 to use fucking google instead of actually, I don't know, talking about EDH in an EDH general thread?
>>
File: Yakuza Punk.png (91KB, 354x199px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza Punk.png
91KB, 354x199px
>>52886996
>tfw you will never unsee the right bros' face as an anime yakuza punk expression
>>
File: as foretold.png (114KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
as foretold.png
114KB, 223x311px
Pulled a foil date stamped As Foretold. What decks does this actually go in?
>>
>>52887105
Does you're deck play blue? Then As Foretold is probably a pretty good choice for it. Bonus for UBx Doubling Season/Proliferate shenanigans.
>>
>>52887058
There is a lot more than one fucking way to win with Protean Hulk, but you wouldn't know that because you refuse to do even basic Googling, or have a basic understanding of the game.

For example, grab Viscera Seer, Birds of Paradise, Academy Rector, sac Rector for Pattern of Rebirth on Birds, sac Birds to grab Boonweaver and go infinite from there. This is only three colors and slots into an existing competitive deck.

But no you're retarded and can't think of these things.
>>
>>52887105
Eh... probably any blue deck that plays counters or otherwise plays at instant speed if games go on long enough, though it kind of sucks unless you actually drop it turn 3. This makes one counterspell on each player's turn free so. Talrand comes to mind first since he plays lots of cheap cantrips (I assume) turning this on a little sooner than most blue decks.
>>
>>52887124
Care to tell me what you googled to find that combo?
>>
>>52887135
Protean Hulk combo
>>
>>52887161
Care to screenshot which link has that combo in it cause I ain't seeing it?
>>
>>52887126
Also, it is "only" a 3 drop so I could see someone legitimately just playing it if they're in the market for Living End or maybe even Restore Balance as a combo, though how good that is in commander is another thing.
>>
>>52887105
Rashmi?
>>
>>52886794
Sounds like a solid deal to have it partially voltron.
>>52886830
This, this sounds really fun. I think could make some degenerate shenanigans with it and ashnod altar. Thanks for the recommendation on EDHREC mate.
>>52886902
>>52886936
Akroma is the best way probably, specially with all the artifact shenanigans red has.
>>52886955
Purph with elemental mastery must be extremely painful to face.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-011900.png (274KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-011900.png
274KB, 1080x1920px
>>52887178
Anytime babe.
>>
>>52887058
I'm going to run Hulk in Marath and this is the combo setup:

>Hulk + Sac outlet
>Sac Hulk, get Karmic Guide, return Hulk
>Sac Hulk, get Kiki
>Tap Kiki, copy Guide, return Hulk
>Sac Hulk, get Resto or Conscripts
>Untap Kiki, gg

Slots into my bullshit combo Marath decks without any specific support I'm not already running.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/l-i-f-e-i-t-s-e-l-f/

There's a ton of easy combos for Hulk, especially when you think of it as an enabler for existing combos. Blue gives Body Double, Black gives Phyrexian Delver, and White gives Lark and Guide, so take your pick of how you want to set up the play.
>>
>>52887228
Which one of those links specifically has the combo because they all seem pretty vague and rather unrelated to Protean Hulk combos.
>>
>>52887228
>reddit
>phoneposting

Good lord dude. Can you be any more of a troglodyte? Or are you just pretending to be among the dregs of humanity?
>>
sup /tg/

been a kitchen table player for years and I am eager to break into commander with this boi

any tips/cards I should take a look at? i'm pretty ___casul so any advice helps
>>
File: If I pull that off will you die.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
If I pull that off will you die.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52886701
>>
>>52887549
Haven't seen a Kresh deck in yours. I could be cheeky and tell you to just play Prossh instead but if you're set on Kresh here's a good starting point.

https://edhrec.com/commanders/kresh-the-bloodbraided

Kind of gives you an idea of where you can take the deck and what kind of effects to look for.
>>
>>52887571
>yours

Fucking really. I meant years.
>>
What options does monoblack have to kill Leyline of the void? I don't see it often, but it completely hoses my deck. Also, is there any graveyard recursion for instants/sorceries in monoblack at all? I'll be okay with budget alternatives to Yagwmoth's Will/magus, if you can suggest any.
>>
>>52887590
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+[C]&text=+[exile]+[permanent]

Spine of Ish Sah and Scour from Existence are your two alright budget options.
>>
>>52887590
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=|[exile]|[destroy]+[target]+[permanent]&color=+[C]

A bit more accurate of a search.
>>
>>52887590
Toshiro Umezawa baby.
>>
File: dec.png (911KB, 1051x779px) Image search: [Google]
dec.png
911KB, 1051x779px
>>52885743
>>
>>52887953
>He Went to Jarad's
kek
>>
>>52887775
He can't recur a mass boardwipe without commiting sudoku however. I'd prefer a one shot effect that's not as fragile.
>>
>>52888077
Well you're shit out of luck, just run more tutors.
>>
File: Current Decks.jpg (48KB, 227x379px) Image search: [Google]
Current Decks.jpg
48KB, 227x379px
>>52885743
Only got the one right now

>>52885915
I always have to resist the urge to jam Meloku into every deck I play, love that card.
>>
File: Xiahou.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Xiahou.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>52887590
>>52888077
Best way to recur noncreatures in mono black.
It's especially great for being on a creature, meaning you can keep on getting back cards through things like phyrexian reclamation and other repeat recursion effects.

Judge foil is only €20
>>
Which commander is more powerful, Mayael or Maelstrom Wanderer?

I have a pretty powerful Mayael deck, and I'm considering scrapping it and use the cards to create Maelstrom, yes/no?
>>
>>52888101
I run a plenty, but I wanted to cut down on redundancies in my decklist, including boardwipes. I just need some Yawgmoth's will type flashback enabler effects.
>>52888140
The one turn delay is what breaks it for me, I'd hate to get it STPed before I grab back my Toxic Deluge or Ashes to Ashes or whatever.
>>
>>52888254
>one turn delay
What? It's not a tap ability. You just have to sacrifice it during your precombat main phase.
>>
>>52886519
There's not nearly enough context here. Were you at 2 life? What creates the tokens from BSZ?
>>
>>52888254
There is no playable black Regrowth.
>>
Anyone got spicy tips for Jeleva? I built her in the past but wasn't a fan, but I'm coming back for more and wondering if I might have missed anything that made her so fun when I played last time.
>>
>>52888336
I've just found Sins of the Past, so you're wrong
>>
>>52885842
I'd rather see shitty reaction pics than the same regurgitated garbage we see here every day.
>>
File: Blowfly Infestation.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Blowfly Infestation.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
The playgroup I'm in are all pretty casual and most seem to loath any type of infinite combo that can get going early in the game. I'm struggling quite a bit with adjusting my decks to my playgroup. It seems easy to go too far in either direction. I'm planning on building a Hapatra deck since I'm sitting on a lot of -1/-1 counter cards from Shadowmoor and Eventide.

Some problem cards appear to be Blowfly Infestation, Quillspike and Devoted Druid.

With Hapatra out, Quillspike and Devoted Druid produces an infinite number of snakes and Blowfly Infestation can cause infinite tokens to go to the graveyard. A card like Blood Artist could then just kill everyone. I like Blowfly Infestation a lot for its synergy so I would like to keep it and just take out Blood Artist-like effects. At the same time though, cards like Blood Artist feel like they fit well into decks focusing on lots of small tokens to punish board wipes. I could probably just take out Quillspike and keep Devoted Druid.

Are some combos okay as long as I take out tutors and other ways to easily assemble them?

How does people here go about reducing the powerlevel of their decks without gimping them too much?
>>
>>52888642
I said playable. At 6 mana you could hard cast Mike and just win.
>>
>>52888653
Regrowth - 2 mana
Wipe - 3 to 6 mana
How is a hard 6 mana recursion bad if Im not a spikefag. Mike is cheesy af and I refuse to play him.
>>
>>52888742
Nothing is bad if you aren't concerned about how good it is.

But the obvious answer is
Turn 3 - Wipe
Turn 4 - Regrowth and other thing
Turn 5 - Wipe and other thing

As opposed to
Turn 3 - Wipe
?
?
?
Turn 6 - Wipe
>>
>>52884808
That card is ridiculous. What were they thinking? Why would they unban this monstrosity?
>>
>>52888898
To make my Karador even more degenerate, obviously :^)
>>
>>52888759
Why should I ever wipe 2 turns apart that early in the game? Even moreso if the opponent can see it in advance?
>>
>>52887105
Nekusar, free spells mean free wheels
>>
The sun rises in the east, water is wet and Sol Ring and cyclonic rift should be banned.
>>
>>52888198
To answer your questions in order:
Maelstrom
What
>>
>>52889054
>sol ring
>not mana crypt
I mean yeah sol is bad but crypt is the truly degenerate, ABUR-mox-tier one.
>>
>>52886701
For you.
>>
>>52886843
Maraxus is not Chris Jericho. I cringed. Please stop.
>>
File: YP0qZ.jpg (8KB, 193x254px) Image search: [Google]
YP0qZ.jpg
8KB, 193x254px
I threw together a Toshiro list, and hit that 100 card limit fast as fuk, and I'm tearing myself apart over what I should replace, or if I should even replace anything at all.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshiro-the-killslinger/

Things in the maybeboard are things I really want to add, but can't decide what won't pull it's weight without playtesting, but I don't want to buy cards just to need to replace them later.
>>
>>52889138
Crypt is honestly better than the moxen in EDH. Moxen were fucked because you can run 4 and just randomly have explosive starts, 4 crypts leaves you color-starved and can actually get pretty risky depending on what your opponent has.

In EDH that's not a problem however.
>>
>>52887085
But that's not yakuza at all. That's Haikyuu! An anime about volleyball
>>
>>52887085
>>52889580
Never mind I'm retarded. Carry on.
>>
File: squee.jpg (116KB, 1080x985px) Image search: [Google]
squee.jpg
116KB, 1080x985px
Is there a list somewhere of all the best combo enablers? I'm trying to make a degenerate BR combo deck
>>
>>52887549
Rite of the Raging Storm
Fleshbag marauder effects
Whichever phyrexian critter which costs 1, sacs itself on entry, and has 12 power
Also force of savagery
>>
I'm looking online and there seem to be literally no copies of protean hulk left. Are people just gonna sit on it until a ridiculous price is set? What's the long game gonna look like here?
>>
>>52889632
The long game is a reprint in C18
>>
If you had 6 NM Protean Hulks where would you sell them
>>
>>52889688
Ebay probably.
>>
>>52888646
You could take out Blood Artist-like cards for a Beastmaster's Ascension - Make your tokens into huge beaters that no one really wants to block, but have to if they don't want to die.

Probably run one tutor.

The classic craterhoof might be nice too.
>>
>>52889688
I'd wait a few days until prices stabilize, there are only like 10 copies total spread out online right now, that is not enough to set a market price.

Or you know, list two of them at retardedly high prices and hope that you'll be the legendary asshole that catches some guy with more money than brains who's panicking for his Karador meme. Before the prices stabilize.
>>
Hey /tg/ what do you do when your playgroup is powercreep and they all play the strongest commanders in the format? (breya, prossh, atraxa)

I have a special stax deck to fuck them up but I also want a fun and competitive deck, is Maelstrom good enough?
>>
File: 1489905482250.jpg (47KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489905482250.jpg
47KB, 564x800px
How does protean hulk interact with clones? IE would a clone of a hulk trigger? I'm pretty sure it would but just wanna be sure
>>
>>52889746
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try.
>>
>>52890089
Some more things you could use are Contagion Clasp and Contagion Engine, if you aren't already. Serrated Arrows as well, since you can just create more counters with Clasp and Engine.
>>
>>52890042
Clones still get ETBs so yeah it would
>>
File: 44.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Is this and Aetherize good enough in a multiplayer format?

I rarely have any blockers and I need a lot of board wipes, but only hitting one person and not hitting utility dorks feels wonky.
>>
File: 1490720387266.png (879KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1490720387266.png
879KB, 710x842px
Is Derevi a decent prebuilt to get?
>>
>>52890241

Don't get prebuilts, buy singles in magiccardmarket using the shopping wizard tool for max prize reduction
>>
>>52890233
they're fine if you're playing blue, obviously there are better wipes but they can definitely screw someone up for a few turns
>>
Why is protean hulk banned other than tutoring a few combos?

It can't even tutor for kiki jiki + deceiver exarch!!
>>
File: angery in bed.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
angery in bed.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>primetime and sylvan primordial are still banned
>unban hulk

explain the reasoning behind this
>>
>>52890279
Primetime is bullshit but Sylvan should be unbanned.
>>
>>52890286
I agree that Primetime but it doesn't instantly win you the game like Hulk should
>>
>>52890253
I'm from Scotland, so this all seems like it'll turn out more expensive shipping every card I need.
>>
>>52890253
>magiccardmarket
What if he is not European?

Also, a precon can be a good starting point, as long as you don't buy the shit ones
>>
File: falconhoof.png (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
falconhoof.png
165KB, 400x400px
>>52890347
>2017
>not being european
>>
File: Sundering_Titan.jpg (122KB, 640x723px) Image search: [Google]
Sundering_Titan.jpg
122KB, 640x723px
>>52890305
There's no reasoning, it's just Sheldon being an idiot.
Free the Titan
>>
>>52890360
Notice that I said "He"
I'm already from that place where most cards are less expensive than in 'Murica
>>
>Sheldon WILL DIE within your lifetime
It can't come soon enough, lads
>>
>>52890328
Why don't you actually try it first? You just have to insert a decklist and press the shopping wizard button, it calculates shipping too anon.
>>
What's a good way to get into edh as a new player? What do I buy
>>
>>52890532
A gun to kill yourself with.
>>
>>52890553
Come on anon, stop replying to new players with this tired bullshit. I'm just going to help them out of spite.

>>52890532
Well anon, what do you like about magic? Do you own any cards or are you starting from scratch? Which colours are your favorite?
>>
>>52890570
Just keeping up the tradition friend. You gotta rough 'em up a bit before they're family.
>>
>>52890570
I playing with decks that have a overall theme to them (I.e soldiers, zombies, goblins) and I enjoy fast paced combos
All I own are shitty cards from a few years back
I like black the most
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigurblins/
Is this deck good?
>>
>>52888646
Combo's are okay as long as they feel well deserved.
If you've built up a respectable board state while interacting with other players then I don't mind if you combo out for the win. Combo's can be a good way to end a game that's been dragging on for too long. They can be a satisfying finisher to an already fun game.

Combo's are frustrating when they come out of nowhere, or they end the game before it really begins.
If you're tutoring for Kiki-Jiki and comboing for the win on turn 5 without having attacked, blocked or interacted with the board in any way before then, then what's the point of even playing against you?
90% of decks can't deal 40 combo damage by turn 4 (let alone 120 damage in a 4 player game). When you win with an early infinite combo, the losers won't feel cathartic, or respectful, or even mad; it's hard to feel any strong emotions when you never stood a chance. The entire game just feels like waste of time.

There's literally nothing wrong with playing to win, but Spikes need to realize that the value of a victory depends on how you achieve it.
Winning with an infinite combo on turn 5 has no value in the eyes of your opponents. It might have value to you, but it is a worthless victory in a pointless game from the perspective of everybody else.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I'm triggered whenever I hear somebody say "I don't know how to make a casual deck."
There's a guy in my playgroup who complains that "whenever I make a casual deck it ends up too good," and it pisses me off because his "casual" deck is worth hundreds of dollars and is built around tutoring for a combo win on turn 4-5.
Saying "I don't know how to make a casual deck" doesn't make you sound like a Pro-Player™, it makes you sound like a twat who doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of enjoyable human interaction.

Perhaps I'm projecting my local That Guy onto you here, but no self-aware player should need advice on how to NOT make a degenerate unfun deck.
>>
>>52890667
wrong thread, bucko
>>
>>52890214
Protean hulk is a death trigger, retard.
>>52890042
It works
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 606x88px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 606x88px
>>52890518
ah fug, shipping still got me
>>
>>52890634
Ghoulcaller Gisa is mono-black zombies and pretty good.
>>
>>52890619
Objectively incorrect.

You can shitpost all you like when someone asks a retarded question read: something ACTUALLY googleable, like "what cards come in X precon?" or acts like a sperg, but for generally benign questions, it's better to help them out in order to promote ontopic discussion.

At minimum, keep your chirps magic related. You could have said "Oh, I bet you're a dirty *insert trendy deck here* player" or post a smug anime face and greentext Oloro or something. Just telling people to kill themselves out of the blue makes you look like you're crossboard posting and need to lurk more.

>>52890634
How many years ago were you playing? Like Theros, or earlier than that? You might have some good shit lying around. Anyways, a black, themed combo deck is going to be pretty difficult for a new player to pull off, so I'll divide things into categories for you. Just pick something that sounds cool and I'd be happy to go into more detail about how it works and what sort of things to look out for.

Want a Black Deck With Almost No Effort Required
>The Ob Nixilis Precon
>Any big black legendary creature built into a ramp/reanimator deck
>The Meren Precon

Vorthos Decks:
>Grimgrin Zombies
>Gissa Zombies
>Rakdos, Lord of Riots Demon tribal
>Lim Dul old school flavour tribal

Combo Decks:
>Drana ramp more of a pseudo voltron, but really you're just going to ramp really hard, dump a billion mana into Drana and swing for the game
>Lazav steal other people's shit and infinite mill combo
>Oona infinite mill combo
>Ghave endless token spam and accidental combos

Now, there are other decks I haven't listed that would also fit your criteria, but I don't want to overload you with a ton of things. In general, as a new player, just buy a precon or throw together what you have and play for a bit to figure out what you can pull off with a few minor tweaks. If you're experienced, Lazav is a ton of fun, but requires a few specific cards
>>
>>52890668
>When you win with an early infinite combo, the losers won't feel cathartic, or respectful, or even mad; it's hard to feel any strong emotions when you never stood a chance. The entire game just feels like waste of time.
This so much
>>
>>52890768
That sucks man, but knowing MCM you're probably still off cheaper than at a local place.

If you put your list on tappedout you can see how much it would cost on tcgplayer, then you can see if you are eligible to laugh at Americats.
>>
>>52890532
A precon you like. Seriously, any precon is good. They have good mana bases, are cheap to improve into decent shape, and have tons of the format staples such as Sol Ring, Solemn Simulacrum, Command Tower, etc.

2013 is busted as fuck and has 3mana commanders to choose from and develop from there.

2015 are all cheap as fuck but dual color, and 2016 has 4, color commanders which will give you a preety easy time to try combinations of those colors later.
>>
>>52887105
Atraxa.
Then cast proliferate spells for free off of it.
>>
>>52890824
Played during magic 2012, but never had much
Rakdos demon tribal looks the most interesting, if you could give me a quick overview, I just glanced at the general concept of each deck
>>
What are some good dedicated hate cards that replace themselves if they're unnecessary, other than Relic of Progenitus, Nihil Spellbomb and Hallowed Moonlight?
>>
>>52890634
Most of the preconstructed decks are good, and can hold there own in most groups. They're definitely the best place to start for new players.

Most of the decks usually have a theme that ties them together. That theme could be artifacts, spellslinging, enchantments, etc.

Some of these decks have themes based around a certain creature type. These creature based decks are called "tribal" decks, as the focus on a single "tribe" of creatures.
The preconstructed tribal decks released so far include:

>GUIDED BY NATURE
Mono-green
Focus on Elves.
Elvish tribal is one of the most supported tribes, so upgrades are pretty cheap. Mono-colored decks in general are very cheap to upgrade.
I've only played this deck once, but I found it extremely fun.

>HEAVENLY INFERNO
Red, black and white.
Focus on angels, demons and dragons.
This deck has 3 tribes at once, but you can upgrade it specifically to focus on any one of them.
While the commander of this deck is extremely powerful, the 3 tribes it supports have limited tribal synergy.
The commander of this deck is so good that the deck has become very costly. Fortunately, they're re-releasing this deck later this year, so hopefully the price will drop.
I've never played with this deck, so I can't comment on its performance.

>WADE INTO BATTLE
Red and white.
Focus on giants.
My brother owns this deck, and it's unfortunately the worst of the precontructed decks we own.
Giants aren't a very supported tribe, and I think 95% of all synergistic giants are already included, so there isn't much room to upgrade it.
I wouldn't recommend this unless you were enamored with the idea of having a giant commander.

If none of these sound appealing, then you could wait until the next batch of preconstructed decks are released; apparently, all 4 of them will have a tribal theme.

If you don't want to wait, or don't want a precon at all, then you'll just have to build a deck from scratch.
EDHrec and Tappedout are good resources.
>>
>>52891023
One of my go-to hate cards is Slice in Twain. Hits pesky artifacts and enchantments while cantripping.
>>
>>52890619
I haven't beaten my sister yet, does it mean that she's not family?
>>
>>52891021
Sure, no problem buddy. And you're guaranteed to have some good shit if you were playing in 2012 so take a look.

Rakdos is really a combo deck, the general idea is to do a bunch of damage, play Rakdos, then shit out your hand. It's most commonly done with Eldrazi because they're fuck huge beatsticks, but demons will work just fine. Now, everyone falls into the trap where they throw in a bunch of Tims and ping people for 1 damage to cast rakdos. This is the worst way to build it. You want to run things like berserkers onslaught that enable a ton of damage as well as things like Spike Jester that come out fast and hit moderately hard to set up removal. Haste is your friend. Now, be careful, the deck is inherently fragile because rakdos colours lack a lot of life gain. The most successful way to build this sort of deck is to pack a bunch of discard and reanimator as game plan 1, then shift gears to rakdos cheating fatties if you get a good setup.

I like Ob Nixilus unshackled, sire of insanity, archfiend of depravity, sin prodder, but ophiomancer will help you get a board state if you find that area lacking, and for burn tech, I like arcbond into blasphemous act, as well as things like Exanguineate, fling and the black version. It's also worth running whip of erebos because it gives your stuff lifelink.
>>
>>52891026
Wade is TERRIBLE. If you're enamored with the idea of a Giant commander play Brion via singles or Oloro via his precon.
>>
>>52891154
Yes you fucking pussy.
>>
>>52891161
Alright, thanks for the help friend
>>
>>52891222
No problem anon, I'm happy to help. Feel free to come back if you have any questions. Just ignore the spergs.
>>
File: Gnarled Effigy.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gnarled Effigy.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52890163
I don't own any of those so for now I'll probably make due with some budget stuff I have on hand, like Grim Poppet and Gnarled Effigy. I have come across the cards you mentioned and they seem great with Hapatra, so I'll definitely try to get them as soon as I can.

>>52890668
Appreciate the rant. If anything I'm pretty bad at deckbuilding in general so even when I incorporate powerful/expensive cards my decks usually don't end up very good. I just meant that it to me seems difficult to build decks that fit your playgroups powerlevel, regardless if it's casual or really high. I really just want to avoid what you're saying, combos that come out of nowhere early and consistently, because that'll probably end up feeling like a wasted match, again like you said.

What I think I'll do is add a few strong combos that don't involve infinite sacc+Blood Artist and I'll skip the tutors to start with. I'll test that version with my playgroup and tune it depending on that.

Thanks for the replies.
>>
File: 61NL1ZENYQL._SL1200_.jpg (113KB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
61NL1ZENYQL._SL1200_.jpg
113KB, 1200x733px
Anybody ever seen an Atraxa playmat sold anywhere without the command zone and numeral silhouettes? Love praetor art but that shit ruins it.
>>
>>52891402
What are the numeral things even for?
>>
>>52891418
Commander damage?
>>
>>52890668
Preach it. If we wanted to play competitive Magic, we'd play a competitive format.
>>
File: 936.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
936.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>52891418
Phases? I don't know who they thought would need those things.
>>
>>52891418
For the amount of times your commander has been cast.

>>52891460
There is no meta in commander, the only thing that dictates your playstyle is if people are still willing to play you.

Don't be a snowflake shitter that spergs out whenever someone plays an armageddon.
>>
>>52891181
But I'm not even Sharia muslim
>>
>>52891443
Really? I was thinking about maybe marking how many times you cast your commander, but I always put 4 dice into a little square, one colour per player, and stick my life like an inch from the bottom. I thought they were for marking how many times you've cast your commander, which seems silly.
>>
File: file.png (213KB, 241x346px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
213KB, 241x346px
What are some essential cards to go alongside this birdman? I'm on magiccardmarket and I'm wanting to buy an entire EDH deck for him.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-04-17-noob-deck/

That's what I've got atm.
>>
>>52884757
Just the banlist or including duel games?

Either way I'd fucking quit.
>>
File: disamused.jpg (31KB, 613x587px) Image search: [Google]
disamused.jpg
31KB, 613x587px
>wizards decide to ban Leovold the day after I buy a conspiracy box
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52891507
Make your sister beat you up then, it's the current year, show some diversity.
>>
>>52891520
What's your meta like? The bird can be a real dick.
>>
>>52891516
It's for commander casts, but it's not intuitive at all, since it's much easier to use a die anyway.
There are mats that have life total counters, such as Inferno Titan-mat, but they don't work that well if you go high life total, like over a hundred or so
>>
>>52891418
Times your opponents have called you a faggot.
>>
>>52891571
Scratch that, it has life total count up to 59 life
>>
>>52891571
I just write that shit on a peice of paper, is that wrong?

>>52891586
Bitch, imma need more dice then, I play Brago.

>>52891597
The fuck? That's some how even stupider.
>>
>>52891552
I just play with friends, so anything goes.
>>
>>52891615
Yeah, it's not for commander games.
I use 2d10, and add one more die if I go over 100 life.
Nothing wrong with paper, but it's much better to use dice, since you'll end up using a lot of paper if you play a lot, not to mention that life totals can change a lot, so it's usually easier to not needing a pen in hand at all times
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/miss-steal-your-board/

Any advice or clever ways of telling me how bad I am?
>>
File: boogie board.jpg (176KB, 1071x1500px) Image search: [Google]
boogie board.jpg
176KB, 1071x1500px
>>52891671
Saw a guy using one of these at prerelease the other day. Bought one myself and it's pretty fucking rad for life totals. Decently sized and legible.
>>
how do i play commander?
>go to friends place
>play commander
>bring scion
>bring lots of fun cards in it, humble defector, hunted dragon, lots of politics cards
>all my opponits play blue decks, counterbalance, force of will, anything to combo off on turn 5 with these damn blue players taking 10 minute turns before finally killing off players

i thought commander was supposed to be fun
>>
>>52891742
Find new friends.
>>
>>52891671
I usually rock the dice, just because I have like 200 life counters, but when I hit 40 life, I write it on a sheet of paper, then roll my lifecounter over and remove a dice to represent 41-80. Any more and I just write it out.

I also use the paper to write down all sorts of extra things like whatever else would be difficult to represent with dice.
>>
>>52891697
whos your commander
>>
>>52891707
This. Shit like this is amazingly useful.

I discovered it for mirrorworks tokens in kozilek. Got some whiteboard plates, cut them in card shape and glued them onto some tokens, now I just use markers for everything and polish it off when I need it to be something else.
>>
>>52891781
Yasova

>>52891742
Find new friends. Don't get into an arms race with them, it's never fun. Specially since you're behind a bit already it seems.
>>
>>52891817
bull shit, i have counterbalance, force of will, daze, all that blue combo shit

I just dont think it is very fun for people if you take 10 minute turns and not let other players play the game. I was introduced into commander as a format that you can drink a beer and have an hour long match and have fun, not 100 card legacy
>>
>>52891880
Then find new friends.
>>
>>52890360
>2017
>Being culturally enriched daily
>>
>>52891880
You should be able to catch up with them if you do have all that countermagic and protection. If they are trying too hard, find new friends anyway.
>>
>>52891880
This is a weird statement. Just find new friends. Even 100 card legacy is fun with beers and buds, it sounds like you're not having fun with them, and they're probably not having fun with you.
>>
>>52891781
Like >>52891817 said, Yasova. Not sure why it didn't show up.
>>
>>52891931
i live in the midwest, need to drive an hour before i can find a card shop
>>
>>52891992
So? Drive an hour, make friends, occasionally invite them to your place with free beer until it becomes a regular thing.

Alternatively, move to Canada. It's like the Midwest but significantly better for finding reasonable magic folk.
>>
>>52892022
What's the meta like up there? Is it fun?
>>
File: americucks.jpg (438KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
americucks.jpg
438KB, 1500x1000px
>>52891914
>>
>>52892029
Absolutely. Almost everyone plays for fun or is at least polite enough to have a 75% deck ready if you don't want to play Zur.

My meta in particular is pretty neat, there's a little bit of everything available.
>>
>>52891880
Have you considered talking to your friends and telling them to make funner decks?
>>
File: 1493105627017.jpg (76KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493105627017.jpg
76KB, 1136x640px
What is the fucking point of all the wheels in yidris? It seems like all it is for is "lol chaos"
>>
>>52892742
Refilling your hand when you go off, digging for key cards for a combo, grave filling.
>>
>>52892829
I'm talking specifically about the precon. Most of it just cluttered shit and the combos are few and far between and the only worthwhile huge creature is consuming aberration and if you wheel it the only gy recursion is grave upheaval, which is ok, and ghastly conscription which is too fucking high to even warrant play
>>
>>52892829
That's fucking stupid, Yidris is in both blue and black, there's absolutely no need for wheels.

>>52892742
There's no point, they were just trying to make the partners relevant by giving them an extremely minimal amount of support in each deck (this being support for Kydele), which waters the whole deck down.
Yidris is not very good out of the box, since the partners have absolutely fucking nothing to do with him.

Something like Breya is much more focussed, since at least 2/3 of the partners have something to do with her strategy.
>>
File: 636.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
636.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>52890360
>2017
>not living under the wing of the god emperor Trump
>>
>>52892885
The precon has a discard/grave subtheme, and besides Aberration there's Guiltfeeder and Academy Elite I think that benefits from it.

>>52892903
If you only want to straight up draw, as I pointed out the precon and some builds aim to go grave/discard heavy. It's Waste Not/Nath + Wheel of Fortune colors, it isn't so hard to blow three to five wheels if Yidris connected.

Also even if you just go straight for the draws Kydele ramps you up, the bad part is it's just monobrown she produces so you still need the colored part of the costs.
>>
>>52891542
Sheldon, not Wizards. Wizards lets him and his cronies handle Commander because, presumably, they don't have to pay even officially acknowledged fans.

I on the other hand saved nearly 50 bucks by not buying my Leovold on sunday.

Best of luck pulling something to recoup your expense.
>>
>>52892962
And neither of creatures are particularly good, yidris is highly unplayable out of box unless you have an ultra casual group
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>52891026
>enamored with the idea of having a giant commander
>>
>>52892047
>no Truck of Peace roaming across France
>>
>>52893010
to be fair, if you are buying the precons to be competitive, you are doing it wrong. the precons are to be for casual playgroups, anyone who is competitive just buys singles from the new decks, or should be at least
>>
>>52893073
Wasn't meaning it in that way. Nearly all other precons are playable out of box in semi competitive groups, including the boros one. Yidris is just chaos with no real win outside of commander dmg and that's not a guarantee
>>
Local meta has multiple graveyard shenanigan decks like Karador. I'd like to have a matchup that is something else than do i draw gy hate and crush the gy player, or i dont draw gy hate and they play solitaire with their deck and i die. Any suggestions? Been looking for a new deck anyway. Multiplayer but the gy decks are the most oppressive.
>>
What are the most basic win conditions of Commander?

Which colors pull off which ones better than the others?

Which ones will get you seen as "That Guy" vs "You earned this"?
>>
>>52893266
Play Anafenza with cards like Ground Seal and Bojuka Bog.
>>
>>52893128
are they though? maybe mimeo, or prossh, or even oloro, but most would be destroyed in any competitive or semi competitive meta, i believe
>>
>>52893389
Isnt that more in the realm of get rekt than a nice and an interesting game of commander?
>>
>>52893276
That's a lot of questions.

In casual commander, commander damage and combat reign supreme. Most people won't even know what a wincon means at this point, but that's alright. The first "good" decks are usually Xenagos type decks that involve cheating in fatties and swinging really hard. These are decks that are overwhelming in combat, or that have multiple combat phases, because control is less of a priority before someone windmill slams you with an Eldrazi. Voltron is also pretty popular because it's very accessible. Slapping a bunch of shit on your boss monster is always intuitive.
>>
>>52893411
Oloro is actually able to hold his own with minimal changes. Can't speak for mimeoplasm since I can't look at the list and prossh is maybe slightly lower than nekusar in terms of playability
>>
Looking to get into commander, and mono black seem a really cool and relatively cheap. What's the best commander for a mono-black goodstuff deck? And in general how competitive is mono black goodstuff?
>>
>>52893276
>Which colors pull off which ones better than the others?

Blue and Green remain the primary colors for Commander, in my opinion. Blue gives you card draw better than anyone else and green gives you ramp so you can do shit. Black's third on the list because it gives you access to some of the best removal and tutoring for the cost of life which you have plenty of in Commander.

Red and White, in my opinion, suffer. Red, at least, can rush down and has solid artifact hate. As mana rocks and other artifacts power most decks, Red's a good pair for another color. White, of course, gives you lifegain and mass removal, but thanks to Commander damage, lifegain is nerfed somewhat.

That's not so say that there isn't degenerate shit in EVERY color. My buddy runs a mono-White Avacyn deck, and when he gets his Commander and Palisade Giant down, it's annoying as hell.
>>
>>52893724
Black Mike is an efficient deck and relatively cheap outside of his own card. I prefer OGW Kalitas for black goodstuff through
>>
>>52893782
Red can be strong if you play LD and punishment strategies, white is probably the most resilient color for creature strategies, the problem is just that you don't have enough draw for weenies, and not enough ramp for t h i c c angels. White is pretty good at denial/prison strategies though.

I'd say that if your playgroup allows stax and other such decks, the colors are actually a little more balanced.
>>
Why are 100% of decks with black or white in them infinitely more unoriginal and boring than 100% of decks without black or white in them?
>>
Are there any group hug/pillow fort/fun commanders besides Phelddagrif, Zedruu, or the fuccbois?
>>
>>52894061
So, you're saying mono green is more interesting than Ghave?
>>
>>52884757
If its just 1v1 Vial Smasher is ridiculous
>>
>>52894094
Yes fact
>>
>>52894071
Marchesa.
>>
>>52884996
NETDECK BULLSHIT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52894061
What are they like then? All depends on commanders, and my Ayli cleric tribal is nothing like my friends combo Teysa.
Monoblack usually is the same, since the staples are pretty much universal and can run in the deck regardless of what the deck is trying to accomplish. Monowhite I don't see any correlation, mainly because most white staples are expensive as hell, but yeah, not every deck wants Humility.
>>
File: Special snowflake1.png (655KB, 932x621px) Image search: [Google]
Special snowflake1.png
655KB, 932x621px
>>52885743
meh been a while.
>>
>>52885743
>i am le ebin adicked 2 red
>green just as represented
You talk like a fag and your shit is all retarded
>>
>>52894724
And you sound like a major dick hole. Green being equally represented does not mean he enjoys it as much as red. You'll notice that a few of those are GR, but he could simply like them for the red part. You're making a baseless assumption just to try demean him when in reality you're just a penis wrinkle.
>>
>>52888254
>cut down on redundancy
Are you literally insane? That's how you build EDH
>>
Will Protean Hulk stay at $20 or go higher or go lower?
>>
>>52894571
I'm really curious as to how Experiment 300 works.
>>
>>52894967
I think once the unban fervor settles it'll drop down a bit, unless Karador blows it up.
>>
>>52895127
Not Anon, but it's been posted about before. Step 0 is having a playgroup willing to agree before the game that "From outside the game" effects work. You used to be able to use Research on a stick as well to fatten your library, but Amonkhet ended that.
>>
>>52894967
It's going to stay close to where it is now. Tooth and nail fulfills a similar roll and they were both from sets with low print runs. 15-20$ is what you can expect the card to stay at unless it gets banned again.
>>
File: welcome to kwik-e mart.png (103KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to kwik-e mart.png
103KB, 223x310px
>>52895127
its weird, it exploits spawnsire in because it doesnt adhere to the deck construction rules of EDH. technically by a little loophole i use around 200 common (and other randomly assorted) eldrazi when i use his ability that i have in a stack with the deck (sometimes 10+ of the same card).
>red blue ramp/draw into omniscience enter the infinite and inner fire for 100 red mana and free play my entire deck
>spawnsire ability
200 eldrazi are on the field
>devistation tide/evacuation (also cycle decree of annihilation for maximum cockblock)
200 eldrazi are now in my hand and all my opponents dont have creatures (or lands) on the field
>battle of wits
i now win the game at the beginning of the next upkeep if i have 200 or more cards in my library
>time reversal
each player shuffles his hand and graveyard into his library and draws 7 cards
>pass turn.

its my least played deck because when it goes off its a hassle and takes fucking forever to set up as i look at my 300 card fucking hand.
>>
NEW THREAD!

>>52895671
>>52895671
>>52895671
>>52895671
>>
Opinions on using Collector's Edition cards?
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.