[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 44

Pathfinder General /pfg/

ANIME IN THE OPS
TURNING THE THREAD GAY EDITION

But more seriously, what are some cool cultures and symbols you can draw inspiration from while making characters? Like, yet another not-German knight with dragon theme is kinda stale, don't you think? What about caster with rooster motif? How would you make that?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52865582
>>
>>52875503
from before

>could I carry two crossbows, drop the one i am carrying as a free action then draw the second as a swift and use rapid shot?
>>
File: 1492266114641.png (31KB, 441x323px) Image search: [Google]
1492266114641.png
31KB, 441x323px
>>52875503
Tell me about your character, /pfg/!
>>
>>52875238
>If you could swift action reload, you could do it, but then you couldn't do it on your next turn.

Not them but why not? Don't only immediate actions deny an action on your next turn?
>>
>>52875587
because you'd need to use two swift actions on your second turn to reload both shots.
>>
>>52875580
Which one?

The flying fish merchant who is now stronger than a giant?

Identity crisis ulfen skald?

Bipolar Korvosan investigator?

Militant gnome inquisitor who carries a bunch of already tied hangman's nooses and a ladder?
>>
>>52875587
>Fire once, Reload, Fire
>next turn your weapon is empty
>>
>>52875604
>>52875587
but this is wrong cause rapid reload is a free action not a swift one.
>>
>>52875580
I replaced my app for Overlewd and made a new one I'm really happy about! He's a Tiefling Not!Bard with megalomania!
>>
>>52875626
Somehow I didn't account for that.

>>52875604
You would be able to do it on your turn, then double reload next turn and still do it, but then after that you wouldn't be able to I suppose.

>>52875641
Talking about Swift reloads with Rapid Shot, not Rapid Reload.
>>
File: 2922848172.jpg (234KB, 1104x1654px) Image search: [Google]
2922848172.jpg
234KB, 1104x1654px
How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>52875620
How do you have so many characters? Do you actually play with all of them? Where are you finding this many games to play in?
>>
>>52875580
LET
ME
SNOOZE
>>
>>52875687
No. My weekend was shitty as always.

In fact, it was a double does of shit because I'm pretty sure I have I caught strep throat.
>>
>>52875541
As long as you didn't fire the first one probably.
>>
>>52875735
Happened to hit a gold mine with a group where one guy is running 2 games (RotR and IG) and one of them is ending so I am going to continue under him (CotCT) and a group member decided to run his own game to which I joined in too while myself running another game (Kingmaker).

And I found these guys in roll20
>>
>>52875503
Do you still get two shots from using a bow, or do you only get two shots if you take rapid shot?
>>
>>52875838
thats with multishot
>>
>>52875838
You get one shot normally. Rapid Shot gives you another shot. Manyshot gives you another shot. Having +6, +11, and +16 BAB gives you another shot. Haste also gives you another one.
>>
Finding Kasatha on the pfsrd and then trying to build their racial Ranger archetype has taught me that you can never have enough feats.

And that coupling TWF with Rapid Shot results in you probably never hitting anything.
>>
If there's an Overlord game on roll20, why not GATE?
>>
>>52875950
>I don't have enough feats to double rifle/quad pistol meme build
You don't say?
>>
>>52875983
>lets just choose shittier and shittier animes to make games about
>>
>>52875965
fuck, posted too late. reposting here:

I'm trying to abuse hungry ghost monk by getting a bunch of crits so I can fling around ki. plan is to pump up Wis and use guided hand so I'm not so MAD.

race: human

first level: LE crusader cleric of arazni for weapon focus (rapier). feats: channel smite, guided hand
second+: unchained hungry ghost monk, crusader's flurry at 3rd level. pick up imp critical or get a keen weapon or a scabbard of keen edges or get a friendly caster to give me keen edge... whichever is fastest.

crit threat on 15-20, get a ki point and temp hit point when you confirm a crit or reduce to 0 hp. flurry + ki for tons of attacks. your ki pool should pretty much always be topped off.

outside of that frame, I'm not sure what other feats/items I ought to pick up. I also am still figuring out how to RP as LE.

thoughts/suggestions?
>>
>>52875993
thats why you become a fighter
>>
>>52875998
Okay, what anime would you make a PF game out of?
>>
>>52876016
Dunbine.
>>
>>52876004
>he's serious
>>
>>52876047
5 levels in gunslinger, rest in fighter
>>
>>52876030
AURA SHOOTA
DUNBINE
AURA BATTLER
DUNBINE
>>
>>52876016
Kiss x Sis
>>
>>52876068
ATTACK
ATTACK
ATTAAACK
>>
>>52875687

I want to know how YOUR weekend went, Fennecanon!
>>
>>52876076
ORE WA SENSHI
>>
>>52876047
All you need to make guns work is one or two class features (dex to damage, musket master reloads) and then feats. Fighter gets more feats than anyone.
>>
>>52876016
Welcome to the NHK
>>
File: aggressiveredpandaskald.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aggressiveredpandaskald.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>52876016
>>
>>52876016
Rokka no Yuusha or Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
>>
>>52876100
If you only want to do HP damage and literally nothing else, sure.
>>
>>52876016

One Punch Man

The party are C-Class heroes of incredible skill, fighting their way up the ranks and eventually teaming up to survive ever greater threats from orcs to demon lords and everything in-between.
>>
>>52875687
No. The campaign I was going to run died because half the party dropped out with little notice, and the campaign I was a player in got cancelled with zero notice due to something the GM had known for a week.
>>
>>52876129

Yes, that is literally the point of the fighter

They are excellent at it, better at it than the gunslinger
>>
>>52876129
Well yes you can't do anything else with a gun outside of deeds. Same is true for bows. And every other weapon in the game.
>>
>>52876016
Spice and Wolf
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
Legends of Galactic Heroes
>>
File: dunbine.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>52876099
>you will never get to pilot a bug-mecha-knight
>>
>>52876123
>Rokka no Yuusha

That'd be pretty awesome, actually.
>>
>>52876016
Sword Art Online
>>
>>52876016
Yuuki Yuuna. Survival mode in between slice of life bits to improve your home city's quality of life. Stacking physical and mental afflictions possibly causing early retirement or death. Maybe a new recruit here and there. Investigations into the history of your world and the organization you work for.

So magical fantasy XCOM.
>>
>>52875905
Is there an equivalent of weapon finesse for ranged weapons?

I hate doing strength damage with dex based weapons, even though it makes sense. But better dex might mean better damage, don't you think?
>>
>>52876141
>>52876146
Locking yourself to do only direct HP damage is a pretty bad choice, even if fighter does it better than others. A less restrictive build could allow for better flexibility.
>>
>>52876266
You clearly don't understand the job of the martial

Your job is to kill shit as fast as possible, leave the skillmonkey shit to others
>>
>>52876245
Guns.
>>
How do I make the barbarian class more interesting without just giving it a spell list?
>>
Okay! So, after getting the okay from Sleep, I'm getting to work now on my new application. I'm definitely taking Sorcerer with the Draconic bloodline, wondering what other classes might mesh well with it. Had a few thoughts, but I wanted to drop them here in case /pfg/ had any suggestions:

Sorcerer/Fighter - Lets me make a character who can fight in melee when spells run out, or just after buffing myself and others. Fighter is kind of lackluster though, I'm wondering if there's better alternatives. Not being able to wear armor is also a problem, at least at the start without any magic items.

Sorcerer/Barbarian - Little more kick than a fighter, but not being able to cast spells while raging is a problem. There's Moment of Clarity if I -need- to cast a spell, but that wastes a round of rage, so I'm not sure if that'd be worth it.

Sorcerer/Oracle - Only 3/4th BAB and primarily casting focused, but now I have access to both arcane and divine spells, so there's more options. Plus there's Mystery powers, so there's that.

Sorcerer/Ranger - Makes investing in archery cheaper, which also avoids the issue of needing to step into melee without armor. I'm not huge on the nature themes though; The character's focus is supposed to be on dragons, rather than being a hunter. Also, don't know what I'd do with the animal companion; Don't really want it honestly, though I suppose I could just pick the bond towards the rest of the party instead.

Sorcerer/Slayer or Rogue - Both have sneak attacks, Slayer has full BAB. They get some neat tricks, but I don't picture the character as super sneaky; Deceptive, sure, but a little too proud for fighting in shadows. Saw someone with a similar question last thread get lots of recommendations for Slayer though, so I'm thinking it over.

What do you think /pfg/?
>>
>>52876152

>Spice and Wolf

DRUMA MERCHANTS CAMPAIGN WHEN?
>>
>>52876273
I'm saying you can do both if you don't go the "I want to use four guns" route. Classes like Inquisitor can easily pull good damage, while also having plenty of skillmonkey utility.
>>
>>52876313
Barbarian is fine
>>
>>52876330
Four Guns isn't really any more feats than two guns

Its a fuckload of damage output, the highest in the game if done properly, and thats with TWO guns, let alone 4. You can fill dragons full of holes in a single round
>>
>>52876324
Never, because the only person who wants to run a campaign there is me and my idea is pretty fucking retarded
>>
>>52876316
scaled fist monk
>>
>>52876245
Bows: Composite bows, but that's strength. You can't get agile on a ranged weapon unfortunately. Bows have access to Manyshot though, so make up for it with other +damage things like Weapon Specialization and Deadly Aim.

Crossbows: Crossbowman archetype for fighter but only on readied actions, Bolt Ace archetype Gunslingers. Crossbows do slightly more base damage than bows by default but require feats to catch up due to reload speed.

Guns: Trench Fighter 3 archetype for Fighter, Gunslinger 5 for all firearms. Guns (can) have absurdly high base damage and can be crafted for cheap without rolls, but also require that you mitigate reloads and they can misfire and they and their ammo is much much more expensive. They also hit touch AC and Gunslingers have deeds though.
>>
File: animu.png (248KB, 528x472px) Image search: [Google]
animu.png
248KB, 528x472px
>>52876016
This one.
>>
>>52876383
But Overlewd is already happening?
>>
>>52876350
So you want to focus into only a combat role, but also have the ability to just OHKO any enemy? If you end combats that fast and can't do much when outside combat, you're going to do nothing for a good portion of the game.
>>
>>52876266
They can level into something other than fighter if they just want to make four guns work, which is what we were trying to accomplish.
>>
>>52876398
Yes, we call this 'tier 4', its why fighters, paladins, barbarians, and Slayers are all rated here.
>>
>>52876365

Anon, we've had pretty fucking retarded ideas posted here that were wildly popular, give us the idea!
>>
>>52876419
I don't get why people would choose to just sit there twiddling their thumbs until initiative is roled, only to then end combat in two if not one round. Do they want to go back to twiddling thumbs?
>>
>>52876316
Oh yeah, should also add. The character looks like a shota, even though he's actually older than he looks. Consequence of his draconic heritage, it slowed down the aging process so he looks young even though he's over 25 years old. Not sure if I want to play it as him having to fight from range because his figure makes him weak, or if I want his draconic heritage to make him stronger than he seems so he's a bruiser in Melee despite looking young.
>>
>>52876016
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
>>
>>52876466
You can still do shit outside of combat. It's called roleplaying.

Even if we ignore that you can still put points in skills and use those outside of combat all the time.
>>
>>52876466
Some people can roleplay, instead of rollplaying
>>
File: REDSUN.jpg (33KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
REDSUN.jpg
33KB, 600x639px
>>52876016
>>
I keep wanting to bitch about how much more simple and streamlined 4th ed is. If it wasn't for abandoning venician casting.

Also, it should have been 1 Daily every 5 levels, not every 3. Getting Dailies at 1, 5, and 9 was really just too many dailies.

They also could have stuffed all the base classes into the first players handbook, even though it would have meant an odd ratio of controllers/blockers/strikers/leaders
>>
>>52876498
>fighter
>skills

Do you think the DPR autists who want to go four-guns-OHKO-Dragons can roleplay instead of rollplay?
>>
>>52876518
really there should have been more of a venician/spontaneous casting hybrid in each arcane class.

You should still have spell slots and you should still have to pick some spells, but other spells you should know off the cuff.

Except I don't like 4th eds ritual/ combat spell dichotomy.
>>
>>52876565
Welcome to the Stormwind Fallacy, faggot. Optimizing a character sheet and roleplaying a character are not exclusive.
>>
>>52876565
>four-guns-OHKO-Dragons
fucking thri-keen broke 2nd edition ad&d
>>
>>52876595
I'm aware of the fallacy, I'm asking if you think it holds when someone wants to play a four armed race to use guns.
>>
>>52876372
...Huh. Didn't know that archetype was a thing. I actually sort of like the idea of him fighting unarmed, favoring his fists over "inferior" weapons. There's some problems that come from fighting unarmed, but since he'd also be a sorcerer I think I could actually manage. Thanks anon!
>>
>>52876634
Dual composite longbows probably still has higher DPR, fampai.
>>
>>52876595
Yeah, they pretty much are.

When you are roleplaying you will pick flaws that negatively effect your build. You will do irrational things like pack your spell slots with nothing but utility spells. You might roleplay as a pacifist or someone who doesn't WANT to go trekking in exotic ruins, but HAS to, because of some debt, vice, or other character flaw that compels him to throw all his money away.
>>
File: Betel Triggered.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Betel Triggered.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>52876316
>>52876467
>Draconic Sorcerer
>looks really young despite being 25+

I like it
>>
>>52876581
Spell Slots are a fucking cancerous system.
>>
>>52876634
It literally has nothing to do with that person's intent or ability to roleplay.

"Hey I want four pistols"
"Hey I want a Colossal Blade"
"I want to control like sixty skeletons"

Can the paladin not roleplay because he gets good mileage out of his Smite? Is the monk automatically better at roleplaying because he's CRB-only, Human only, no bonus feats, final destination?

Of fucking course not.
>>
>>52876093

Well, thank you. Played video games with some old university buddies and manage to tear up the bad guys something fierce in my group's campaign. Whatever its mechanical faults, I'm finding Mooncursed pretty fun to roleplay.
>>
>>52876654
Make sure you use it with umonk
>>
>>52876634
I would want to be a four armed race and use guns because that's fucking awesome. Just like how I want to be a sorcerer that picks only necromancer spells and focuses on animate dead because it's fucking awesome, even though that is the single worst way to do it.

Plus they might be signing up for overlewd or something.
>>
>>52876677
>>52876634
I mean, the conversation started with double bows, but the first response derailed it into 2 rifle/4gun
>>
>>52876716
No they are not. They require forethought and creativity to use while roleplaying. Your spells can't just be "explained away" and say "lol, it just works because" your powers have to emanate from who your character is, not their class or system.
>>
>>52876706
>Optimizers totally can't roleplay
>Optimizers can NEVER vary from "DA BES" for flavor purposes and still be optimized
>Optimizers cannot be good roleplayers

I guess nobody who plays a Strength-based Greatsword user with Power Attack is a roleplayer, then.
>>
>>52876446
America invades Druma because Rasputin's confidant decided to betray the big dicked guy and goes to USA with magical knowledge, but America has money troubles and the guy who wants to invade Golarion has to prove that 1: It's real and 2: It's possible, so he contacts Technic League rejects who help him make Tesla's stuff with the added benefit of getting tech straight form those weird "future prediction" paintings from the time. They don't have a full army so they have to be sort of covert and use local bandits, mercenaries and greedy guys to help stealing the local resources. Players would be from different parts of Drumish culture (Mercenary League, prophets to be. merchants) who learn of this threat, but the big shoes don't want to hear any of it because a prominent member says that they are not a threat and if they are that they could be bargained with. So for the first half you learn about the invaders while trying to gather renown and wealth to be able to actually have a voice over the one guy who is totally not in cahoots with America. After that happens, the Americans come with a full battalion and all sorts of anti-magic shit to siege the capital because being covert no longer has merits because River Kingdom barbarians are on their side. Players then infiltrate their main camp and go through *portal name pending* and shut it from that side. Now inside a military complex the players would have to find a way to close it from this side and disappear into the wilderness to shut down *bigger portal name pending* to stop Mr.Evil America Man. While on Earth they'd have to use *resource name pending* to be able to use their normal magic powers and stuff while gathering what allies they can and find where Mr.Evil Man is, stop him and maybe assault a flying battleship and stop the American clerics from leeching off from the gods that are known to exist in the setting, with an emphasis on cover actions and capitalism because USA.

Like I said, retarded.
>>
So was Humanfinder Anon going to run a game, or not? I'm not getting the whole picture.
>>
>>52876776
Except none of those things are true. How the fuck does point based spell casting preclude any of that?

The only argument that kind of holds water is "forethought" which only applies to prepared casters which are bad for other reasons.
>>
>>52876720
My argument is not that lower optimization is better roleplay, I usually see it as worse. My argument was that with building towards that level of DPR causes a huge amount of versatility loss, both in mechanics and in overall character flavor. If your character is only "I shoot guns really well", it's not much of a backbone for a character, leaving more to the player to come up with. That can result in poorer quality play since they might rely on mechanics to help flesh out an interesting character.
>>
Vaguely related to this discussion, how muh retooling of out of combat stuff and scaling would I have to do to make it viable to form a party expressly around the idea that certain members are unstoppable in combat and others handle things outside of fighting?
>>
>>52876776
>Forethought and creativity
>I prepare a bunch of super versatile, always-useful spells in the morning and leave the rest of my slots open
>take the thing that lets me park my ass for a minute to prep whatever the fuck I want with the remaining slots
>I get to maintain several spellbooks worth of spells, which will be constantly expanding

Wow so exciting
>>
>>52876781
A good and creative roleplayer would obviously take greater weapon focus/specialization: Standard Double Crossbow, as well as Many Shot and Tower Shield Proficiency, in order to maximize his Melee RP potential.

With these choices on a large character only capable of wielding small weapons, 6 dex, 2 strength, and his never-to-be-enchanted shuriken, his legendary story as the greatest 2-handed weapon user in history will write itself into six movie deals and a vynil.
>>
How do I utility wizard in combat if I don't want to summon? Not a huge fan of big explosions when my party is mostly melee.
>>
>>52876899
See, the thing is after having played for years on a college campus, on /tg/, on roll20, and in flgs's I can tell you 99% of people can't play a prepared caster to save their fucking lives.

/pfg/ is particularly bad at this. I ran a game here years ago and had people fucking flounder when I told them I actually needed them to give me their prepared lists each morning.
>>
>>52876958
Save or Suck
>>
>>52876815
That doesn't make any sense. If you build a barbarian with a two-handed weapon that isn't making a character that is only "I swing a sword really well" which then prevents you from making an interesting character. And if anything leaving more to the player to come up with is more room for creativity.

Building towards DPR and combat effectiveness is what every martial does every time they get a stat point or feat or gold piece. Where is the loss of versatility here? That they didn't take Skill Focus or put a point into Charisma? Does holding a high damage weapon somehow make your character less interesting?
>>
>>52876938
You forgot vow of poverty.

You can't master roleplaying without a gear-dependent class and vow of poverty.
>>
>>52876958
Pits, walls, etc.
>>
>>52876316
>>52876372
>>52876654
While it's not quite as easy, and wouldn't even properly come online until way later when you get your first Rogue Talent to poach Prescient Dodger and not have to worry about armor, have you considered a Steelfist Commando Warlord since PoW is allowed anyway?
>>
>>52876899
50/50 sounds about right, but some spells let you fight and roleplay at the same time.
>>
>>52876899
>super versatile, always-useful spells

What spells meet that description short of shit like Wish and the shadow spells no one talks about?

You still have to learn your spells and know how to use them too. So I don't get how that isn't forethought. You also can't stop for a minute to prepare a new spell in combat or in the middle of a conversation.
>>
>>52877027
let me tell you about the shadow shit from 3.5 where they were actually more dangerous if you disbelieved them
>>
https://pastebin.com/qpMhME1s

New magic item
>>
>>52877027
Unless you take the arcanist talent that lets you do just that.
>in the middle of a conversation
So there is absoulutely nothing in between fights and talking to NPCs. The PC's can rest for 1 fucking minute after a fight?
>what spells meat that description outside of the ones that meat that description
Summon Monster Line
Flight
Dimension Door
Create Pit
Haste
>>
It feels like its impossible to use these two sides of the brain at once.

I can either adapt the rules to fit the story or I can adapt the story to fit the rules, I can't do both.
>>
>>52877083
ok autist
>>
>>52877045
You know there is a very real argument for simply making an "activate for orgasms" magic item based on Waves of Ecstasy and Unnatural Lust.
>>
>>52876978
I meant that for the players who use mechanics as a springboard for their roleplay, a high focus on DPR optimizations might impair their ability to roleplay. There are other things to optimize for besides DPR and for the aforementioned players, it might be better to grab some utility to round out the character idea. This is why I wouldn't suggest a tier 4 that wasn't Paladin, Slayer, U.Rogue or Ranger to most people.
>>
>>52877104
I'm assuming this exists already.
>>
>>52877104
Adding it to the list
>>
>>52876973
>>52877027
>you have to learn your spells and know how to use them
>you have to learn your class features and how to use them
>A wizard's only actual class feature is "spells"
>wizard has a HUMONGOUS list of "class features" to manage
>which requires a fuckload of time, especially if you're going to do it the right way and actually set up your list of prepared spells for each day

Wizards aren't so much difficult as time consuming because you have to go through and sort all the bullshit. Then you have to be able to actually REMEMBER everything, or else keep an actual goddamn book of your shit in front of you.
>>
>>52877121
Nope. I made one for a game based on the concept that constant orgasm would be a relatively good way to keep someone conscious and able to answer questions while not being able to participate in combat or meaningfully struggle.

So my wizard made a pair of shackles and fetters that did that.

Unfortunately the individual would make a lot of noise so he then also had to make a muzzle of silence to keep them quiet because he didn't want to hear constant groaning from the prisoner cages.

All in all it was easier to just keep them unconscious.
>>
>>52877166
Yeah. I have multiple note files on this kind of shit each with multiple hours of work put into them and they focus on a small fraction of the spell lists. And each class has different lists.

I suppose the difficult part is that you have to spend that time to wrap your head around everything, if you want to fully understand it instead of just picking the spells everyone says is good and calling it a day.
>>
>players get captured
>tell them that they're being kept alive and will wake up in prison
>smug sorcerer player says "I have still and silent spell, they won't be able to hold me"
>players awaken after being kept unconscious for transport
>wake up in a cell ungagged/unbound
>sorcerer tries to cast a spell
>they had dosed him with poison to bring his charisma down to 5 to prevent spellcasting
He was far angrier than I expected. Guards would come and force feed his pills to keep his charisma low and they'd bring in a doctor to evaluate him and other spell casting prisoners.
>>
>>52877104
I mean considering there's a prestige class with a literal orgasm touch as a class feature, I think it probably already exists.
>>
>>52877268
>poison to bring his charisma down
>poisons actually working
>not giving him any saving throws

He has every right to be pissed at you, desu
>>
>>52877268
yeah, sounds about right. It was really weird when people just started suddenly liking me.
>>
>>52877290
some poisons do damage even if you make the save.

like fireballs with evasion.
>>
>>52877268
>using pills
>Not using a cute girl with poison saliva
garbage
>>
>>52877290
He gets saving throws, they just dose him until he fails because he's a risk. That's why they have a doctor evaluate him to see if the pills work, if they didn't they feed him more.

These people aren't stupid and go "well we gave him the pills, he probably failed the save, no reason to check".

>>52877304
think you replied to the wrong post
>>
>>52877268
>not being a sphere caster
>not needing SCP tier containment procedures to keep your shit in check
>>
>>52877358
The poison is produced by an on site Eldritch Poisoner who is female, but not a Toxicant because Toxicants can't do ability score damage.
>>
>>52877268
>>52877290
>>52877325

You could probably just cast stuff like Bestow Curse to drop his stats low enough that he couldn't cast. -6 to a score, permanently.

It's like a ghetto silence. Even if he had like 11 or 12 Cha left he couldn't use metamagic. Could save a bit on poison pills, and curse his Escape Artist and Strength checks while you are at it.

Makes sense for every prisoner in a magic world to be magically mentally restrained and marked in such a manner.
>>
>>52877379
Why wouldn't they just kill you?
>>
>>52877363
Is there even a mechanism for gauging a persons stats in character.

Like a docotor could check for poison, I'm not sure if they can check for "he can't cast anymore".
>>
>>52877269

>Orgasm touch

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a Courtesan? Nobody likes two-pump chumps, and this ability seems like it does exactly that without even taking off your clothes.
>>
>>52877407
Wasn't there a magical restraint listed in the Hellknight book? I think it was made specifically for this
>>
>>52877408
Well I assume they tried taking me alive for a reason.
>>
>>52877363
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2kqm0?Ability-Score-Damage-Penalty-and-Drain#30
Ability Damage doesn't prevent you from spellcasting, though, only touch of idiocy (specifically) or Ability Drain can do so.
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PoisonDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Ungol%20dust
Is the only poison that inflicts Cha drain. Is it even possibly for them to have that much poison available?
>>
>>52877486
Why wouldn't it be.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>52877440

>mfw Enchanting Courtesan requires 2 ranks in either Act or Dance

Dance is now OFFICIALLY required to be a top-shelf prostitute.
>>
>>52876235
>YYY is X-Com
I adore both series and didn't notice the similarity until now. Holy fuck.
>>
>>52877440

I think it's supposed to indicate the courtesan's mastery-it ends exactly when they want it to.
>>
>>52877407
>Could save a bit on poison pills, and curse his Escape Artist and Strength checks while you are at it.
They don't come at a cost because an Eldritch Poisoner makes them. Also -6 often isn't enough if you're dealing with someone high level or elderly. Elderly magical prisoners are fucking dangerous because being elderly makes them better spellcasters.

>>52877439
I just made it a heal and sense motive check. The examination was one based on basically a psychological examination. One of the first goals for the break out was trick the doctor into misreading their charisma.

>>52877486
>Is the only poison that inflicts Cha drain. Is it even possibly for them to have that much poison available?
Eldritch Poisoner making archanotoxin.

>Ability Damage doesn't prevent you from spellcasting, though, only touch of idiocy (specifically) or Ability Drain can do so.
Wow that's fucking stupid. However I disregard it like I do a good 50% of JJ's 'forum post FAQs'.
>>
>>52877507
let me dance for you, m'lady
>>
I'm conflicted, /pfg/. I have two options for my character, one really fits the flavor of the character, but the other really benefits the mechanics of the character while having no real flavor so that it could blend with any character. I need to pick one. What should I do?
>>
>>52877558
Mechanics. You can just add flavor in later.
>>
>>52877558
post 'em fag
>>
File: 1439782941934.png (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439782941934.png
102KB, 600x400px
>>52877558

Go for the mechanically superior option, friend! You can always find a way to explain it in-game anyway!
>>
>>52877558
Depends on the game.

If everyone else is autistically min-maxing, then take the mechanically superior option.

If everyone else is playing sub-par shit, then take the flavor option.
>>
>>52877558
IMMA MAYN!! I LIKE FEELING DARK TWISTED EMOTIONS FILLED WITH HATE!!!

please take the puppy away...
please...
>>
>>52877459
Oh yeah, there are finger-traps you can use. I don't know what book they are from but it's a thing that existed in real life.

Tongue traps might have also existed. I'm not sure. I did read a fantasy novel once where a mage was restrained with one that caused her to begin choking on her own blood if she wiggled her tongue to speak the words of a spell. Seems like something that would exist.

Of course neither of those would stop a still and/or silent spell.

>>52877486
That's dumb as fuck. If you reduce someone's intelligence to 1 they would have the intellect of an animal and suffer massive penalties to all int-related checks. But could still remember the complex motions and incantations for summoning and binding outsiders or creating demiplanes or fucking whatever? They're half a point from catatonia.
>>
>>52877503
Because it's bloody expensive? Each dose of Ungol Dust is 1k gp for at most a 50% chance of inflicting 1 CHA drain. On a Sorcerer, assuming a baseline CHA of 18, this means that to reduce the guy to CHA 5, meaning they just spent 25k gp minimum.

>>52877543
Archanotoxin doesn't do drain, which makes your first point moot when bringing up the second, since there are more poisons that do cha damage without doing drain.

Also, congratulations, like many other things, your choice screws over martials more than it does spellcasters, since the latter don't get immediately fucked over by ability damage, while martials could very easily lose feat access if their scores get taken low.
>>
>>52877633
How the hell is losing a feat or two worse than losing access to your entire fucking spell list?

A fighter without power attack still has BAB, armor, a good weapon, and non-ability score dependent feats that boost damage. A wizard without spells has what?
>>
File: 1c3.png (75KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1c3.png
75KB, 500x402px
>>52877606

But anon, no one even mentioned a puppy in that post.
>>
>>52877633
No I'm saying I have ability score damage prevent spellcasting because I feel that it not is stupid.
>>
>>52877716
A Fighter can lose a feat from just a single or two points of ability damage. A Wizard needs to be dealt considerably more ability damage before he starts losing spells.
EG, a 13 Str Fighter that kept it there for Power Attack/Cut from the Air can and always will get screwed by a single point of ability damage
A Wizard's score is anywhere from 7 to 11 higher than what he needs to cast his highest level spell. Therefore, the fighter can get screwed much more easily.
>>
>>52877770
>A Wizard's score is anywhere from 7 to 11 higher than what he needs to cast his highest level spell. Therefore, the fighter can get screwed much more easily.
The wizard is reduced to 5 int because they keep poisoning until he passes below 10. He now has no class features, a tiny hit dice, and is basically unable to contribute in any meaningful manner.
>>
>>52877770
Most of the time strength far outpaces casting stats. It's easier to get physical stats high than mental.
>>
>>52877809
>He now has no class features, a tiny hit dice, and is basically unable to contribute in any meaningful manner.
which is pretty much where he was before.
>>
>>52877770
The fighter loses power attack. He gains 1-3 hit and loses 2-6 damage.

The wizard becomes a commoner.
>>
>>52877755
Feels incredibly railroady. Most spellcasters do rely on both somatic and verbal components to get stuff done.

Unless the setting specifically has occult casters or psionics as a specific setting theme, I don't see why they should specifically target the sorcerer with poison. Sure, he can be noticed as a sorcerer from his gear, but is it known that said sorcerer can cast without relying on verbal/somatics? Seems like the player took some emergency measures and you specifically went to screw the player over it.

>>52877872
Yeah, that's if the Fighter just takes one single point of ability damage compared to the wizard's 7+ points. If the Fighter takes that much, you easily screw him over encumbrance rules. The wizard still maybe has some skills left, the Fighter can barely even move anymore.
>>
>>52876707
He's also incredibly full of himself, despite having been treated as the runt of the litter by his siblings. It's given him kind of a complex about his appearance, he hates being treated like a kid.

>>52877010
Eeeeeh. I'm honestly not a fan of playing Warlords. I don't have any problems with PoW or the class itself, I just don't think it's very fun to play one. Don't know why. Appreciate the input thought.
>>
>>52877944
>Sure, he can be noticed as a sorcerer from his gear, but is it known that said sorcerer can cast without relying on verbal/somatics? Seems like the player took some emergency measures and you specifically went to screw the player over it.
The poisoning was in my notes from the get go because occult casters were a thing and also because it's better to not take chances because still and silent spell are common enough. Plus you'd otherwise have to keep casters eternally restrained. Also unlike growing more ability score there is a chance the caster will teach himself how to do that meta-magic in prison. If you keep someone at 4-5 in an ability score it's basically impossible for them to push past that to be able to cast again.

Plus his state was more interactive than him being gagged/restrained while others weren't.
>>
>>52877740

I want to brush that pupper!
>>
>>52877571
Deciding what my Henshin Hero's motif should be, Music(Flavor) or Endurance(Mechanics).
>>
>>52878004
>there is a chance the caster will teach himself how to do that meta-magic in prison
They can't
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining/
>It takes 5 days to retrain one class feature. Training requires spending time with a character of your class whose class level is at least 1 higher than yours and who has the class feature you want.

>Retraining a feat takes 5 days with a character who has the feat you want.

And while your setting does justify it, it still feels plenty railroady.
>>
File: keet.png (27KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
keet.png
27KB, 128x128px
My character is and was a clown. Just a clown. He wanted to juggle for the kids and make a few coins bringing happiness into the world, but business was hard where he was, so he planned to travel around Lake Encarthan and ply his trade in various nations to see which was most forthcoming.

Instead, he was sucked into a horrific extraplanar conspiracy, personally molested by a Fey god, toyed with by giants and demigods, and now he is a broken shell of a man, a pawn for multiple gods that fight over control of his existence to the point he is repeatedly pulled from the material plane and back by forces he couldn't hope to comprehend. All he wanted to do was juggle.
>>
You just start to feel like you are wrong about everything and you've gotta take a stand on something. Life can't possibly be this shitty.
>>
>>52878043
Unless Music is actively gimped and going to be a problem in your campaign, take flavor over mechanics.
>>
>>52877944
Why the hell bring up encumbrance? That would fuck over anyone. Even the wizard is carrying scrolls and rods and shit. If the fighter feels like he can't be effective due to it he can drop his backpack. If the wizard wants to cast spells he just can't.

A dumbass 13 strength fighter that took power attack (instead of piranha strike for some reason, despite clearly being a dex fighter) loses some damage. They are still great at doing damage. Especially since they must be using dex for damage, and hit. A wizard that loses his spell list has literally fucking nothing unless you think using his skills in combat is going to do something to stop an ogre from pummeling his face in.

It is incredibly disproportionate and thinking this ruling hurts martials more than casters because dex fighters might lose a little damage sooner than the caster loses his entire class is insane.
>>
>>52878117
That's the spirit!
Who are you talking to, though?
>>
>>52878104
So, has he gone crazy and killed innocent people yet? It seems that's what clowns generally end up doing in fiction even without extraplanar conspiracies and sexual abuse by Fey gods.
>>
>>52878104
And I guess molest little boys.

Cause, you know, why would a MAN, who isn't with a WOMAN, want to hang around kids?
>>
>>52877995
>a draconic sorcerer that's incredibly full of himself

This is for overlewd, right? Because looking at another character makes your concept hilarious to me.

>spoiler
fair, I feel kinda the same, which sucks because the initiators I DO like CAN'T be Charisma based
>>
>>52878082
>They can't
Retraining means someone else teaches them. I mean they level up and gain it as a feat, teaching themselves how to do it. Also it would be extremely risky if someone in the prison has still/silent spell and you didn't know they did.

>And while your setting does justify it, it still feels plenty railroady.
And it would be more fun and interactive if the prison kept him gagged/restrained to prevent spellcasting? Or perhaps in an AMF? or constantly unconscious?
>>
>>52878082
Or they could just level up.
>>
>>52878156
I dunno. I'm just throwing random conversation pieces out the window and into the aether, where hopefully someone will hear them and think it applies to them.
>>
>>52878160

That's such an American thing to say.
>>
File: I laugh to hide my pain.jpg (66KB, 545x582px) Image search: [Google]
I laugh to hide my pain.jpg
66KB, 545x582px
>in which my shitty internet causes me to lose access to google drive
>in which I remember I posted a link to the latest version of my character sheet a while back
>in which I politely request a party member to download the Gdocs version then upload it to Discord as an ODS file
>in which I thank them and download it
>and then I open it
>and all the formulas are broken
>>
>>52878174
How "fun and interactive" is playing a prisoner going to be anyway? Especially if you've been stripped of all your abilities that might help in planning or executing a prison break?
>>
File: 0111.png (116KB, 478x659px) Image search: [Google]
0111.png
116KB, 478x659px
>>52878158
He will insist they were not innocent, because Achaekek/The Lantern King/Baba Yaga/whoever the fuck is running the show now sees far more than we do and they said they were not.

>>52878160
Make money and bring happiness to the world.
>>
>>52878224
They still have their intelligence and skills. And as he mentioned upthread can make saves against poison and trick the person who inspects him.
>>
>>52878204
We hate our shitty children and we hate our shitty lives. We blame all our problems on our kids and when a kid turns out half decent, we dope him to the gills and pray he learns how to shut up.
>>
>>52878224
First thing they did was start participating in prison gang politics and figuring out how to fool the doctor into misreading his charisma score. They also started participating in contraband distribution.
>>
>Got a message from Blingmaker asking what time works best for me

BUENO
>>
>>52878174
>>52878184
How would they gain a level from being captured and taken to a prison, short of ultimate DM fiat?

>>52878224 This too, and

>>52878242
>Tricking someone while your charisma is on the negatives
Unless that sorc had an amazing bluff/disguise investment, he's not tricking anyone.
>>
>>52878241
I mean, I just feel sorry for teenagers.
They have such fucked up lives now.
Technology has fucked up everybodies lives.
>>
>>52878242
So...nothing the other characters can't do better, in other words? A sorcerer isn't going to bring much of use to the table on either front, especially since all their face skills are going to be of limited use with negative charisma modifier.
>>
File: 1491098396515.jpg (38KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
1491098396515.jpg
38KB, 500x553px
>>52878291
Don't worry, anon. Hard times breed strong men. They will do what is necessary. We will do what is necessary.
>>
>>52878242
>they have their intelligence and skills
>NOT also poisoning the FUCK out of their intelligence, just in case they're one of those freaks that doesn't cast off Cha

the fuck kinda shitty guards are these?
>>
>>52878246
Mostly people don't blame it on their own kids, they blame it on other's kids.

The current younger generation, by younger I mean folks under the age of 30, have received a pretty raw deal. College has become essentially required to get a job over a certain pay threshold, and college has exploded in price. Most kids below 30 are in crippling student debt and can not hope to afford a home or a family (which is why the marrying age is getting pushed up). Young men are disenfranchised by a constant demonization and contradictory expectations. Young women are stuck in a society of pressured roles. Both can be overcome but it is difficult.

There is a reason suicide among young people is climbing every year, same with alcoholism and other addiction. A great sense of hopelessness has fallen over the young generation. Many fill the void with hedonism which they are only demonized all the more for.
>>
>>52878318

Those strong men will be the immigrant children grown up in adversity and promised the world by a self-hating society.
>>
File: 51685342_p0_master1200.jpg (613KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51685342_p0_master1200.jpg
613KB, 849x1200px
>>52878346
Not self-hating and suicidal for long.

Anyway, here is not the place to discuss this.
>>
>>52878343

Society doesn't give a fuck about the increase in suicide among young and older men. You make it almost sound like people see it as a worrying trend that needs to be fixed.
>>
>>52878284
>How would they gain a level from being captured and taken to a prison, short of ultimate DM fiat?
They would gain it at prison while getting in fights with wardens, other prisoners, attempting breaks, etc.

>Unless that sorc had an amazing bluff/disguise investment, he's not tricking anyone.
In this case they didn't trick the doctor but made a deal with a gang to get the doctor threatened into letting a person slip by (something already happening). He didn't sign off at the full 9 yards but let the sorcerer slip back up to 14 charisma.
>>
>>52878343
Fuck, I sound like Sally Fields.

>But for just 10 dollars a day you can keep me fed, clothed and pooing indoors.
>>
>>52878284
>>52878292
>Unless that sorc had an amazing bluff/disguise investment, he's not tricking anyone.
>So...nothing the other characters can't do better, in other words? A sorcerer isn't going to bring much of use to the table on either front, especially since all their face skills are going to be of limited use with negative charisma modifier.

That's a hell of a lot more than he would have if he was unconscious and gagged and beaten regularly because the people in the prison are retarded and don't understand how their own world works or the ways in which common prisoners could escape.

Plus on the skill front you still have your ranks and class bonus and traits. Going from a plus 4 to a minus 3 due to stats doesn't remove your options entirely.

On the leveling thing, you can gain experience from any encounter, and if you can't imagine encounters that could happen in a magical prison I can't help you.
>>
>>52878375

So you're telling me he self-hating society is going to breed and motivate their replacements... Only to wake up just as the replacements come to claim their birthright?

That's what's causing the terrorism in Europe.
>>
>>52878386
>Prison can reliably (or tries to) keep the mages at low mental scores
>Can't pay strong enough warders, nor can keep internal order on the prison
>>
>>52878379
Quite the opposite. It is treated as a sign of weakness and something young men need to be demonized for all the more. When it is addressed it is done to cast young men in a negative light. Mostly it is not addressed at all.

A good friend of mine committed suicide a year ago. I still don't know why. He never said anything in that direction and apparently only joked about it with his coworkers. I blame myself that I was unable to help him.
>>
>>52878161
>Spoiler
Ouch. I'm lucky in that I love playing Paladins and Cavaliers, so if I want to make an initiator with charisma I can without worrying.

>This is for overlewd, right? Because looking at another character makes your concept hilarious to me.
It is, yeah. I'm planning to replace Alfred with it. Why, which character do you mean?
>>
>>52878386

I always assumed prisons that housed high-level mages would cut off their ring and middle finger to make most spellcasting impossible, and then keep the appendages preserved so when they get out, the mage can get them back.
>>
>>52878424
So to talk more about the structure of the prison.

Nothing short of teleport is going to get you back to civilized territory or making it to the teleportation wing in the warden's office (which is kept under guard). The prison is fucking massive and a few doctors slip through the cracks and get threatened into letting minor spell casting occur.

>>52878455
It's possible that either doesn't stop them because of still spell or they grow them back due to a certain bloodline/revelation/hex/etc.
>>
>>52878429

It's ridiculous how much society will bend over to worship one group while demonizing the other, I recall more than a few articles that discussed in horror how "one out of five homeless are women" or explained in dry detail how "more young men than ever are giving up on partaking in modern society. Oh well, fuck those pigs."
>>
File: 43926294_p0.jpg (702KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
43926294_p0.jpg
702KB, 1000x1414px
>>52878422
Society will be self-hating until the precise moment that it no longer becomes expedient. When your job isn't at risk for not wanting to kill yourself and your children, people will no longer self-hate and start serving in their own self interest.

We can see it happening now with the huge backlash against white guilt. It will take time to recover, but we have gone through far worse and survived.
>>
File: ReZeroFamilyFriendly.jpg (35KB, 412x488px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroFamilyFriendly.jpg
35KB, 412x488px
>>52878343
>>52878379
>>52878429
Shit guys can you not, you're making me remember things. Feel things. Like all the shit I was hoping to do "when I grew up" with my brother. Fucking hell bro, you were supposed to see your kid on his first day of school. You were supposed to be there for our sister when she finished college. You were supposed to be there.
>>
>>52878455
That's a pretty interesting thing for a prison to do but it won't work for still spell users or certain spells. Not to mention the benefits of drugging your prisoners into being less mentally capable of escape.

Actually, is there anything that says you need those fingers to cast? Because there must be some races that lack those and find a way anyway.
>>
>>52878489
I don't want to paint the lines. Many people are in a bad way. I do not believe everyone deserves salvation but everyone deserves a chance at it.

I do see the media often demonize young men and glorify young women, but that is not something to fault women over for the most part. Women have just as much societal pressure as men. Their lives are just as awful, merely in different ways.

Every day I wish for death but am too terrified to end it and thus live in a vain hope of finding a reason to live. I feel like I'm drowning constantly. I realize my mental health is deteriorating but psychiatric care doesn't help and is for the most part a joke. Medication puts one in a fog of numbness, and I saw what it did to my mother. If I die I will die miserable. If I live I will find a reason to.
>>
>>52878534

Still Spells increase your spell level to a degree where anyone housing that mage probably has more dedicated means to nullify their casting ability.

The majority of "dangerous" mages your typical prison will ever house are around 5-7.
>>
>>52878508
my condolences, anon

I hope the rest of your day goes better, you sound like you need it
>>
>>52878508
I'm sorry for your loss. What I tell myself is do not let other's death's be in vain. Suicide is a way to escape great pain. However one being in pain does not soil what times were happy. Experiences do not mix together, there is both the good and the bad. Living and finding a reason to live is important. One does not have a right to happiness but to its pursuit.
>>
>>52878570
Suck it up, faggot
>>
>>52878160
This is how so many boys are failing at school and losing direction in life.

Not only do they get no role models throughout their education, but they're even actively told that their thoughts, instincts or views on anything are oppressive and evil.
>>
>>52878570
You got two choices
either suck it up
or LEAVE

whats it going to be, little man?
>>
>>52876130
Would Autism Fighter be S-Class martial?
>>
>>52878491

The Great Barrier Reef is dead
Record highs have been seen in the Arctic
Sea levels are rising
The Rainforest is getting carved apart more and more

Even if society fails and is replaced by those they brought in for cheap labor and replacement population, there won't be much of a world left for them to enjoy. I doubt they'll even have the means to leave the planet, considering our window for being an interplanetary civilization wane with every passing decade.

We're dying, and like any dying mind we're focusing on petty bullshit that doesn't matter than the cancer.
>>
>>52878660
I said suck it up, god dammit!
You take that shit and you push it down, all the way down, all the way into your guts, and you do what you have to do, do you understand me?
>>
File: solar-eclipse.jpg (11KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse.jpg
11KB, 750x498px
>>52878661
>>52878634

It's okay to cry, anons. You're hurting too, aren't you? It's alright. Just let it all out.

You only have but so much time left to do it, too. Won't be long now before that big ol' light in the sky winks right out and the world goes cold.

Forever.
>>
>>52875503
A character who uses weeb words and claims they're Tien. Their name? Teele Note.
>>
>>52878580
I don't know about that number. Probably depends on the location and size of the prison, and if it specializes or not.
>>
>>52878660

I've read so many horror stories by men who *tried* to get into education that I can't be convinced our younger generation isn't being raised to believe, just as Zardoz would say, that the penis is evil.

Hell, whatever happened to that example of the teacher who openly said she would never let her male students play with legos during recess, and in fact laughed about it because those boys were cursed with the original sin of having a Y chromosome?
>>
>>52878343
My father paid for his college by working summer jobs.

If I had attempted to pay for college in this same fashion 30 years later, at 50 hours of work a week, I would have needed a $29 hourly wage and free transport if it wasn't within walking distance in order to live on ramen in student housing for the year.
>>
>>52878634
For the most part that's what I do. However sucking it up does not make me any happier. I live and work and exist without trying to worry others.

The whole mentality that young men should never discuss their mental state and should 'suck it up' is one of the factors that has lead to the suicide epidemic. The idea that the showing of emotion is weakness, even to one's family, is a sad one. Too many are forced to bottle emotions until they end in death.

>>52878661
As I said I am endeavoring to find happiness. Leaving isn't an option. The only paths available are survival or victory. Honestly I have vague memories of what it means to be happy from back in my childhood, but haven't felt it in more than a decade. I know I am capable of it and realize how far I need to go to become happy.
>>
>>52878726
She got promoted, in all likelihood.

Meanwhile if you dare teach kindergarten you're a pedophile, and you can expect to be arrested and shot if some 5-year-old hugs you like he/she hugs everybody else they see.
>>
>>52878681
These...poor...animals, have been frightened and abused and will bite your ass if you try to feed it. For the price of a new suburu landrover (extra cupholders) you can see to it that these disease ridden aids babies get innoculated before having their food stolen by African warlords.

Just 5 cents a minute for hot, vegan action, call now, take a guilt trip.
>>
>>52878726
The school got involved and she was forced to backtrack, claiming that she never intended to make it a permanent rule, just that she wanted to make LEGOs girl-exclusive for the first month of school to encourage them to try what she saw as a boy toy.

Because "brightly-coloured blocks" are clearly no-girls-allowed.
>>
Jesus fucking christ.

Can this redpill MRA "muh-masculinity" bullshit go back to /r9k/ where it belongs?
>>
>>52878726

I've read some of those stories too, mainly involving young women getting aggressive with their boy students and verbally abusing them as worthless good-for-nothings.
>>
>>52878726
If a woman excitedly exclaims that she likes little kids, she has good maternal instincts.

If a man shrugs and states that he does not mind children, the police are already on their way.
>>
>>52878729
That is the problem. Paying for college is no longer possible on anything one can consider a possible schedule. Debt has become the only way to afford college for most.

>>52878660
This is another reason. Boys are constantly bombarded with the idea that they can do no right but have enormous amounts of privilege.

We are simultaneously told our evils and how none of our accomplishments are our own.
>>
>>52878809

It's Original Sin, anon.

You were cursed with being "too good", and must now atone and suffer because of your past crimes.
>>
File: terenas.jpg (6KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
terenas.jpg
6KB, 210x240px
>>52878681
No king rules forever, my son.

Was it not the same for those who came before us? Will it not be the same for those who come after? This world is both cradle and grave to all of her children, and she has no intention of allowing any to escape. Sooner or later, the time would have come for us to join those who preceded us in eternal rest, just as it shall come for our inheritors, and their successors, and theirs, on and on unto the end of days and the dying of the sun.

Take heart, and know that it was inevitable.
>>
>>52878706
Tia, Quinn, and Aster do this
>>
>>52878796
>Can this redpill MRA "muh-masculinity" bullshit go back to /r9k/ where it belongs?
This is the thing though. It's not just about men. It never has been.

Young women have it just as bad, merely under a different context. They are bombarded with just as much societal pressure.

Personally for me it is not 'muh masculinity' it's 'muh youngin's'.
>>
>>52878809
Anything good was God's doing and you need to offer proper thanks. You had nothing to do with it.

Anything bad was entirely your fault, and you must be held responsible for it.
>>
>>52878703
I sacrifice.
>>
>>52878842
Fucking this.
I wanted to be a chef so it never really bothered me but my older sister (hand-me-downs suck btw) mostly just wanted to get married and raise a family.

You have no idea how *WRONG* she was according to everyone and everything around her. She's all career-minded now and miserable every time I see her.
>>
>>52878489

>Men are 49% of the population
>But make up 80% of homeless

>But it's a tragedy when 51% is 20%

???
>>
>>52878675
He can solo Cthulhu would is easily a Dragon-class monster. He would be high ranking S-Class.
>>
>>52878842
Oh piss off. It's not the first nor will it be the last time that society is fucking itself in its own ass. The current models will become unsustainable and there will be a return to simplicity. It will suck and be horrible and probably a lot of people will die or live miserable lives. Get over it.
>>
>>52878869
I can't even imagine what it must be like to grow up being told even your dreams are unacceptable and wrong.
>>
File: TechincalDIfficultiesPlzStandBy.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
TechincalDIfficultiesPlzStandBy.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
this thread needs an exterminatus

pic technicaldifficultiespleasestandby
>>
>>52878895

Except this time the demographics of the West will be permanently and irreversibly altered
>>
>>52878895
>assholes keep doing this to us so we should just bend over and not so much as complain

wow what a fucking solution. why don't you do us all a favor and become an hero for society?
>>
File: only brouzouf now.png (172KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
only brouzouf now.png
172KB, 500x566px
>>52878906
>>
I just want to argue about mechanics and fluff and GMs doin. Why is this a thing.
>>
>>52875687
Finally got my first real session in on Saturday and had a blast. Still learning the ropes but am enjoying getting together with buds.
>>
>>52878919
As if they haven't been time and time again.

Where are the Celts now? Relegated to tiny sections of two islands, displaced by Germanics and Italics.

I really don't get this argument.
>>
Oh my fucking god stop whining! Jesus you sound like a cat in heat:

rooooowww dey took me bawelz rooowwwrr
>>
>>52878933
Because this is /tg/, you don't need other boards
>>
>>52878895
And what do you suggest? Just sit and take it until things change? People need to speak out and work against to change things.

Personally I am trying to leave my job and find something that makes me happy because my current life is misery. Is that so wrong? Should I simply 'get over it' and resign myself to misery rather than pursue happiness?

I see no reasoning why anyone should resign themselves to misery. Everyone has a right to the pursuit of happiness.
>>
>>52878919
Whatever. Populations have changed before.

>>52878924
Someone will eventually do something to change the situation, as soon as the current situation is unsustainable, and it will also be unfair and miserable. This is what is going to happen, this is what has always happened, and this is how it will happen until there are no more people left.
>>
File: mercy shrug.gif (2MB, 343x249px) Image search: [Google]
mercy shrug.gif
2MB, 343x249px
>>52878933
People got bored and someone got sad and now we're here.
>>
>>52878940

I deeply detest the idea that all of Humanity is going to be reduced to some generic shade of brown hair, brown eyes and brown skin. Diversity of ethnic groups is something I've always admired and it's going to die.
>>
>>52878940
>Where are the Celts now?
I don't know, where are the bulls?
>>
>>52878972
It's asinine to just tell people 'resign yourself to misery, nothing you do can change things for the positive'. It's the opinion of someone who has long since given up and resigned themselves to misery.
>>
>>52878979
omg that look, like shes juggling my balls
>>
File: Megumin Despair.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
Megumin Despair.png
587KB, 933x720px
>>52878608
>>52878612
Shit was going pretty alright, then you had to go knock that over and spill it everywhere. What the fuck man. On the bright side, it's refreshed me on why all my PCs are so fucked up. Nothing quite gets your creative juices flowing like the echoing memory of an anguished scream.
>>
Amusing this all started from this post about a clown. >>52878104
>>
>>52878997
Either do something about it or shut the hell up!
>>
>>52878997
>>52878962

Don't be miserable about something you can't change, and let's be clear here, you can't really change it. The critical mass needed for a social upheaval is still a decade off at least. This is what is meant by "get over it". It's a much ruder and crass way of saying to find serenity.
>>
>>52879009
Just to let you know, anon

You will always be loved
>>
>>52879027
I am doing something about this. Should no one ever talk about their situation? Again this entire mentality that one's mental state should never be discussed is part of the reason we've arrived at this point.

>>52879030
>Don't be miserable about something you can't change, and let's be clear here, you can't really change it.
Can I change society? No. Can I change my own situation? Yes. I am saying many are a victim of society and I see conditioning in myself along similar lines to many others. I am pursuing something to make me happy but have not found it yet. Perhaps I never will but that's not really the point. The point is the pursuit.
>>
>>52879030

It's called "Ride the Tiger" and it's a book I hear talks exactly about this.
>>
>>52879009
>the echoing memory of an anguished scream.

I mean seriously, is all this politicking and sympathy moans really about not getting enough attention?

I mean like, jesus guy, your old enough to buy a house, if you want attention just go start some shit at a bar or something.
>>
I fear the daystar. Also my face looks like it should be on a wanted poster.
>>
>>52879075
Get serenity, dog. Nothing will make you happy except the ability to accept the world for what it is. Even if you found a safe spot, your days would be darkened by the constant anxiety of the darkness encroaching on your sanctuary.
>>
>>52879079
Hey baby (honk! honk!) dems sum nice tiddies! (Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave) Aghh fuck off, I'm just having a little fun'...
>>
>>52879079
Nigga, out of everything in that chain of posts that's the thing that got you? Seriously?
>>
>>52879079
My mother had a suicide attempt. I remember her screaming at me when I found her and called an ambulance. I remember her screaming at me about how useless I was and to stop and to leave and how it was my fault. I will never forget those moments. It is still something that causes me great pain when I remember it.
>>
>>52879076
I have a 1" penis. whats your excuse?
I think that makes me an honorary asian.
>>
>>52879129
I have tried this before, it was the pursuit my psychiatrist tried. It did not help unfortunately.
>>
File: Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg (45KB, 969x962px) Image search: [Google]
Groetus_holy_symbol.jpg
45KB, 969x962px
Is this a Groetus thread now?
>>
File: 49699374_p0_master1200.jpg (412KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
49699374_p0_master1200.jpg
412KB, 1200x849px
>>52879079
>>52879153
>>52879009
You know what, sure. Let's discuss this. Why does it bother you?

I can remember all sorts of family deaths. My brother, grandfather, father, uncle, grandmother, ect. and my mother is joining them soon, but I never had to cry or anguish over any of it. It just never bothered me, and I know I'm not the only person on the planet who is like this.

Why does it have to bother you?
>>
>>52879153
Well holy fuck.
Christ.
What the shit, man?
>>
>>52875687
>Party barely "survives" phase 1 of a boss fight
>Make it out while the boss is generating his Final Form
>Find a resting place in an old cell
>Infinite Perception Works cleric finds a hidden door
>Exploration, secretly moving plot, preparing for Round 2
>This time they'll have a full party plus an NPC assist
Pretty sweet.
>>
>>52879207
>Why does it have to bother you?

Because people are going to react differently to different situations, you autist. Most people don't like it when their loved ones die. Did you seriously just type this unironically?
>>
>>52879184
Your psych is right, dude. You aren't ever going to find a promised land
>>
>>52879258
>family
>loved ones
YMMV
>>
File: 40942588_p0.jpg (229KB, 2507x3541px) Image search: [Google]
40942588_p0.jpg
229KB, 2507x3541px
>>52879258
Everyone's different, yes, but I want to know how and why we're different. What specifically about it bothers you, and why you think it does, y'know? I want to advance my understanding of other people, not just sit there accepting we'll be different.
>>
>>52879207
How can one person be this fucking autistic? Do you really not understand most people care if the people they care about die and you're the outlier
>>
File: Anime Girl The Fuck.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Girl The Fuck.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
Can we go back to arguing about overlewd apps or kitsuneposting yet? That at least felt upbeat.

>>52879207
Only one death has ever actually gotten me fucked me up, and that's because it came out of left fucking field. For everyone. Nobody expected it. It was somebody we saw EVERY DAY, someone who loved his kids even though he had to let them stay at his mother's house while he was at work, and would begrudgingly admit he liked his work. Then we got that fucking phone call at breakfast and everything came to a grinding halt. No more laughing over dinner together. No more talking about how close his kid got to being able to walk.
Just cleaning out a bathtub and cleaning out an apartment in stone cold silence.
>>
>>52879207
The most powerful emotions I feel in relation to deaths in my family are guilt, shame, and doubt. Who and what I am caused others much pain and that pain weighs on me. This is particularly true for the deaths of my grandparents and for the suicide attempt of my mother.

I see the pain I cause others and it makes me isolate myself out of guilt. I am shameful of who I am and my failures, and what they have done to others. My doubt causes me to pull away from what friends I do have because I fear I will hurt them or that they simply tolerate me.

My mental health has caused physical sickness. In all honestly it hurts because I can not stop it from hurting.

>>52879235
She was not in a right mental state. She lived. What had happened was caused by coupled stress of my grandparent's deaths and her being on several types of anti-depressants. They together caused her to reach that state. I do not blame her for what she said, but it still hurts.

>>52879265
Then I will die miserable but know I died trying. I do not think I will find a promised land I am trying to make one for myself.
>>
>>52879194
When you think about it, EVERY thread is a Groetus thread.
>>
>>52879304
What is your apps theme song?
>>
>>52879265
bullshit!
It exists!
I know it exists!
I've seen it at work!
Its some sort of karmic thing, you put out what gets put in.
>>
>>52878997
More importantly it's the attitude of someone who wants to avoid someone else finding the solution at all costs, because if it's found while they're alive, it becomes "I wasn't good enough" rather than "someday someone will"
>>
>>52879265

The future does not belong to white men, so why should you lie and say there's still a place in the sun?
>>
>>52879295
No shit, you fucking retard. I was writing that post under the assumption that the people bothered by the deaths of family members loved and cared about them. What a fucking shocker.
>>
>>52879299
You read >>52879153 and couldn't understand why someone would feel bad? What the fuck.
>>
>>52879319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snGPHu-gkh4

Not sure what I want the character to be but it sounds regal as fuck.
>>
>>52879337
It doesn't belong to black latino lesbian transhermaphrodite otherkin either, because something even more niche will soon begin considering them the privileged majority and demanding they be taken down in the name of equality and the removal of oppression everywhere
>>
>>52879299
Can you honestly not figure something like that out yourself? Are you a sociopath?
>>
File: sip1.jpg (32KB, 505x405px) Image search: [Google]
sip1.jpg
32KB, 505x405px
>animeposting is removed
>thread becomes depressed
Really makes you think.
>>
Arrrggg, god dammit, don't you see, you're just COMPLAINING about it. You're not actually trying to DO something about it.

People just do what they need to do to get over it, and your not doing it!
>>
>>52879397
Most people are trying to fix it and trying to find out how. Most people don't know how. That's why it's a pursuit of happiness.
>>
>>52879384
Sometimes it's helpful to go reread the real definition of autism to remember what it mean when not being used as internet insult.
>>
>>52879304
Sure, which apps do you want to see get in? The blingmaker picks are soon(tm)
>>
Your life is nothing but tradgedy!
There are people right now dodging mortar fire on a daily basis cause of some deranged policy decision made by a depressed disenfranchised beurocrat. There are people who have made a life out of fighting misery, they lose their brothers, their sisters, every day!

Somebody could punch your ticket right now! You could get an annuerism right now and die before your head hits the table.

I mean, for fucks sakes,

SUCK IT UP
>>
File: salem posting.jpg (55KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
salem posting.jpg
55KB, 600x460px
>>52879397
>thinking you can save them

Theirs are the cries of the powerless, anon. The scope of what they witness is beyond their ability to affect. There will be no victory in strength.
>>
>>52879434
My post said nothing about autism.
>>
>>52879466
Can you look at this guy >>52879153 and tell him to just suck it up? What is he not supposed to care that his mother did any of that?

Other people being sad doesn't make your sadness less relevant.
>>
>>52879493
I never implied it did.
>>
lads I need help, I want to build a vivisectionist alchemist who will use a sap for the sneak attack.

So do I take weapon proficiency Martial or hold out for Merciful light maces?

TWF or One weapon?

!
>>
>>52879466
People fucking day!
Old people die every day!
Am I supposed to stop living my life cause my 98 year old grandmother kicked the bucket? She was almost a 100 years old!

Every fucking day, you get a little bit closer! Just fucking stare death in the eye, and tell him to go fuck himself.
>>
File: feelize.jpg (114KB, 747x853px) Image search: [Google]
feelize.jpg
114KB, 747x853px
>Pathfeeler General
>>
>>52879466
>people sad because their family dies!
>but why are you sad when your family dies?
what?
>>
File: 43140229_p0_master1200.jpg (493KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
43140229_p0_master1200.jpg
493KB, 849x1200px
>>52879304
Whiplash and surprise can screw people up pretty bad, yeah. That makes a lot of sense. Anything can be dealt with if you get used to it, but when it comes by surprise, there's no time to. That, and having to get hands-on with it. You have my condolences.

>>52879306
Changing who you are isn't much of an option, though I understand how that can hurt. You did the right thing helping her.

Thank you both for talking about it, and you have my well-wishes.
>>
File: 250px-Zyphus_holy_symbol.jpg (10KB, 250x253px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Zyphus_holy_symbol.jpg
10KB, 250x253px
>>52879466
>>52879516
Oh, come on. Admit it. You wanna join the pity party, too.

There's chips and dip, and soda made from tears!
>>
>>52879499
Thats not the god damn point!
He is imposing on us!
He brought this up out of nowhere to elicit sympathy for himself!
He acts like it happened recently but its clear it happened a long time ago!
All the 'symptoms' of his trauma are the same as if he had grown an enourmous twat between his legs!
>>
>>52879452

Blingmaker SOON.

I want to see all the male PCs ignore the female PCs in pursuit of superior NPCs!
>>
File: 47813519_p1_master1200.jpg (246KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
47813519_p1_master1200.jpg
246KB, 849x1200px
>>52879300
>>52879363
>>52879384
I can understand it on an intellectual level, but not an intuitive or emotional level. It's a flaw in myself I will take an opportunity to try to fix if one presents itself, that's all.
>>
File: 1480655594993.jpg (44KB, 421x292px) Image search: [Google]
1480655594993.jpg
44KB, 421x292px
>>52879598
W-why? Am I not good enough?
>>
>>52879557
I can't.
I can't fucking do it anymore.
I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself.

You know what I prayed for the other day? A hard, honest days work. Just one day of filthy, grimy, sweaty manual labor to get me up off my ass and doing something that needs to be done. I can't even do that for myself anymore. Thats how much of a fucking faggot I've become.
>>
>>52879611
Yea whatever, 2hu.
>>
>>52879598
>>52879614
Did blingmaker GM say anything about using Nugget Man as an NPC?
>>
>>52879614

Oh dear, I'm not saying you're bad.

I'm saying the NPCs are just better. I'm sure you'll find a good NPC yourself to marry, or you could just end up a miserable spinstress!
>>
File: 1475724493667.jpg (39KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475724493667.jpg
39KB, 472x472px
>>52879644
I didn't want to be a spinstress! I wanted to be with (you)!
>>
>>52879631
The other day a bunch of guys asked me to help them move the table. I'd never slouched on moving furniture before. EVER.

The other day I did it and felt like a total fucking ponce.
>>
>>52879631

As someone who managed to get just that during a dark period of my life... It makes it worse.

Not only have you become a faggot, you've become a faggot whose only benefit to society is you've got working hands and a warm body.
>>
>>52879509
One weapon cannot compete at all by default PF rules. Here, take this houserule sheet. It's good, I swear. It's mostly a one-page reference for my total newbies to clearly lay out their weapon options, but houserules are in bold purple and they help.
>>
>>52879675
>>52879675
>>52879675

I'm just gonna leave this here, we can go to this one when this thread gets archived
>>
>>52879614
I keep my delicate feelings in a strongbox. That way when I get knocked around they don't get damaged.
>>
>>52879662

You are inferior to nuggies.
>>
>>52879662

Then work it! You're no spring chicken anymore, so stop clucking and strut your stuff before all the good ones are taken!
>>
>>52879614
sHHH

Shh anon

Accept it

soon you'll be cake

Just like me.
>>
File: 1449269398109.jpg (224KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449269398109.jpg
224KB, 800x800px
>>52879662
SO DID I, BUT YOU NEVER FUCKING SAID ANYTHING!!
>>
>>52879690
P A G E 3
>>
>>52879637

She did not, however it's possible he will show up.
>>
>>52879707
>>52879694
I know I can't replace the nugg, but maybe you'd still want the hugg?
>>
>>52879743

Why would I want to hugg you?
>>
File: DaddyHB.png (68KB, 509x94px) Image search: [Google]
DaddyHB.png
68KB, 509x94px
>>52879743
>>
>>52879690
Please don't do that.
>>
File: boop.png (327KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
boop.png
327KB, 500x750px
>>52879743
yes plz
>>
>>52879614

Trust me, anon. I've taken a gander at the female applications and, frankly, I'm unimpressed.
>>
>>52879488
Hey, that's my GM mouthpiece's line! Quit biting my style!
>>
File: headpat.jpg (91KB, 1011x648px) Image search: [Google]
headpat.jpg
91KB, 1011x648px
>>52879753
I-it doesn't have to be a hug. I just want to let you know you're appreciated.
>>
>>52879662
You could always send a PM~
>>
>>52879787
I didn't apply to Blingmaker, so I don't know any of them!
>>
>>52879690

If Wubu adds a cute, talented Drow woman as an NPC I'm going to lose my fucking mind.
>>
>>52879787

This.

Might as well just go all boys and run SUPER SWORDLORD SENTAI SQUAD
>>
>>52879488
Suck it Grizelda!
I'm about to give you a
B O D Y S L A M
O
D
Y
S
L
A
M
>>
>>52879686
Love this reference sheet, unfortunately my GM isn't keen for any 3pp or homebrew stuff, but i'm keeping a hand of this for the future.
>>
>>52879787

high quality post m8
>>
>>52878443
Ctrl F for Sorcerer in the app thread, Anon
>>
>>52879878
Most of my friends from high school have over 20k in debt!
You know how much debt I carry?
3k!
I'm AM tha greatest!
>>
>>52879954
I've got double, even triple the spending cash they got!!
You know why?
Cause they were SAPS
>>
>>52879898
Thanks anon! This one's updated a bit from previous postings. Rephrased the feat taxes bit, put links to things my players suck at looking up (the goddamn feat tree...), added to the TWF feat, gave a provision for Maguses to benefit from new TWF too.
>>
What's the best optimization for sneak attack?
>>
>>52880244
Rapidshotting dual hand crossbows that count as flurryable Monk weapons for a Flurry you got through a dip or something.
>>
So, I have 7 skill points I can spend at 1st level, but 8 skills I'd like to take.

The skills I'm looking at are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth.

Which of these can I reasonably get by without until I get more skill points? Disguise is the one that stands out most to me, but I'm still pretty new to the game and I figured I'd ask you guys just so I don't end up making a mistake.
>>
>>52880506

Sleight of Hand is basically junk
>>
>>52880540
Is it? I had a feeling, but it seemed like it would be good for the character I'm trying to make so I thought I'd take it anyway.

He's an oracle with the covetous curse (You must wear fine non-magical clothing and jewelry worth at least 50 gp + 100 gp per character level you have beyond 1st.), so I figured from time to time he'd end up in situations where he has to resort to theft in order to work around that.
>>
>>52879921
Oh, you mean the other dragon-related character? Yeah, I noticed someone else applied with a draconic character, suppose he'd be higher up the pecking order than my character though. On top of appearance, he was also born to a concubine mother. But no one cares how high you were on the inheriting list when all the other claimants are dead or hiding, so yeah. Suppose it would be weird if both got in though.
>>
>>52880760
No, not the literal dragon, anon. The one who mentions a sorcerer several times in the app.
>>
>>52880244
Gunsmoke (Eversmoking Bottle + Firesight/Mask of Goz + Merciful firearms), Pummeling Sap (Monk dip for Pummeling Charge and the Bludgdoner line with unarmed) or Natty Attack pouncing.
>>
>>52880874
Oh. Heh. Well damn, that'd be awkward.
>>
>>52879632
That's probably not 2hu unless 2hu and Nazi-anon are the same person.
>>
>>52881166
I imagine you would both either hate eachother's guts, or you'd wind up with a new familiar.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.