[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 70

File: SoS.png (968KB, 995x559px) Image search: [Google]
SoS.png
968KB, 995x559px
Rolled 23 (1d26)

Ullator Edition
Spookfest Sub-edition

Shas fixed the Ullator, Fulgrim is a corrupt cinammon roll, anon got loyal NLs and one of the dioramas was finished. Emps being a Perpetual Drunk actually explains things a bit, and both the Mechanicum and the BA are on their way to outspook the NLs. Also, anon made a Shield Captain with two Claws instead of a shield. Pack up the stuff m8s, he passed. All of that and more in the previously Robouted bread -> >>52778791

>READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
First for the only three loyalist Primarchs.
>>
First for Horus, the true emperor.
>>
>>52793648
>only needed 3 loyalist primarchs to blow out 7-8 traitors
>>
File: DI2Rnfn.jpg (179KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DI2Rnfn.jpg
179KB, 1200x1600px
>>52793684
That's how OP the Custodes are :^)
>>
>>52793684
>only need 1 god-LIKE being to btfo 4
Why are Loyalists so effortlessly superior?
>>
>>52793714
Not so sure about that, couldn't even save the one person they were designed to save.
>>
>>52793714
Will he ever get rules? The other scrubs from the events also got rules and he's a lot better of a mini than either.
>>
File: 1492547545487.jpg (34KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492547545487.jpg
34KB, 573x430px
Why do Space Wolves wear leather skull caps in battle lmao?
>>
>>52793723
Only half the galaxy wanted him gone, the other half was under staffed.
>>
File: Sanctum_Imperialis.jpg (689KB, 1038x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Sanctum_Imperialis.jpg
689KB, 1038x1486px
>>52793723
Perhaps with the chaos buff it'll take one turn of shooting and a Tribune of Mankind to put Chaosteroids Horus down :^)
>>52793763
At least now we know how a Paragon Spear looks like. Glad they tried to return to the original material.
>>
>no plastic mk2

Woe!
>>
>>52793839
Isn't a new Dark Angel knightly kit going to be released?
>>
>>52793131
Yeah, there are too many in gold armor. The new fluff is that a lot of the legions didn’t get their final colors until after finding their primarchs, so it’s a bit odd.

>>52793415
Dayum.
>>
File: IMG_2756.jpg (157KB, 1024x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2756.jpg
157KB, 1024x506px
>>52793714
Looking at all the custodes weapons, I want a 'Dynasty Warriors'-like game where you get to play Custodes on Prospero.
>sentinel with sword and board
>sentinel with sword and banner
>sentinel with fist and banner
>three guardians with three flavors of spear
>Ixion Hale with that poleaxe
>haeteron with dual talons
>aquilon with firepike
>aquilon with fist and bolter
>sagittarum
Maybe even have the Agamatus and the dreads playable.
>>
File: thumb_5140_logo_retailer_1x.png (8KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_5140_logo_retailer_1x.png
8KB, 500x220px
What fashion brand best represents each primarch?

For Mortarion, the garbage-tier Primark
>>
>>52793931
Both Perturabo and Mortarion are autist enough to make their own clothes themselves. The Logos and the Barbaran plate were made by them, instead of by Terran/500World artificers like Dorn's and Guilliman's.

I don't know what kind of Gaga-tier clothes Fulgrim would wear, but Curze would dress like a hobo.
>>
>>52793931
Dorn: Marks & Spencer. Safe, bit boring, gets the job done.

Alpharius: Doesn't have one, he's banned from all clothing shops due to multiple incidents where a different number of people come out of the changing rooms compared to how many went in.
>>
I wish Lorgar was more like Urban II then the reluctant, awkward and childish primarch he is right now.
>>
>>52794039

...go on...
>>
>>52794061

The problem with the Turning of Lorgar is that while its based on basic human emotions, its done in an incredibly shoddy way that makes him more of a angsty teenager then the religious nutcase that he is.
>>
>>52794039
>reluctant, awkward and childish primarch

Isn't that like all of them ?
>>
>>52793920
That image makes me pretty thirsty for the Aquillion when they finally drop
>>
>>52794109
the loyalists largely escape that
>>
>>52794061
A passionate and devout speaker that inspires his followers to fight with great religious favour. While I enjoy ADB portrayal of Lorgar it was alos flawed since he made Lorgar seem childish. I'd prefer if Lorgar was more mature and certain of his faith rather then his turning to chaos being motivated by father issues.
>>
How many 32mm bases can a Large Blast usually hit?
>>
File: IMG_2757.jpg (141KB, 966x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2757.jpg
141KB, 966x768px
>>52794118
Supposedly they'll be shown at the next event.
>>
>>52794318
when's that?
>>
>>52794518

End of may
>>
>>52793931
Lion would have to be Forever 21, because he's shit.
>>
The more I read about the pre-heresy (Just the Black Books, not even touching the Black Library HH shit) the harder time I have being a 30k/40k Loyalist.

Convince me one way or the other.

Nightmare Mode: no *BLAM* or other memery.
>>
>>52794654

To expand: the Emperor's plan was fucking terrible and makes no goddamn sense. HURP-DE-DURP, EVERY HUMAN SOCIETY SINCE OGG AND THOG HAS HAD RELIGION, BUT I'LL BET I CAN JUST CUT IT OUT WITHOUT ANYTHING BAD HAPPENING. *Tips fedora, shits self*

Malcador shoulda been emps.
>>
>>52794654
Being traitor means having Night Lords on your side.
>>
>>52794825
That's a strong argument for staying loyalist. Very strong indeed.

And don't forget about Emperor's Children.
>>
>>52794841
>>52794825
Or Worst Bearers.
>>
>>52794654
Because going traitor would make you an oath-breaker and a brother-slayer, the worst of the worst
>>
>>52794318
Where did you get all this tasty art from?
>>
File: now listen here.jpg (52KB, 828x628px) Image search: [Google]
now listen here.jpg
52KB, 828x628px
>>52794654
Treachery is the worst, anon. Loyalty is its own reward.
>>
File: IMG_2462.jpg (816KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2462.jpg
816KB, 924x1200px
Aid me /hhg/, I've got a problem.

So my lil' brother is getting into 30k, and he's set his eyes on Death Guard. He's chosen to do Traitors, but he also really likes (and wants to bring) Sisters of Silence.

Now for obvious reasons sisters aren't really gonna fall to the warp, but could they go traitor nonetheless? Sort of a 'fuck you chaos, and fuck you Imperium too' thing where they and the DG force just wanna burn witches and kill Xenos?
>>
>>52794231
>>
>>52795208
No
>>
>>52795208
No, worst case scenario is the DG are more renegades than full on traitors and the Malcador wants to put an eye on such a group so he sends the Sisters but even then I think thats stretching things a bit.
>>
File: IMG_2382.jpg (300KB, 590x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2382.jpg
300KB, 590x357px
>>52795299
>>52795312
Yeah, I kinda figured. Sheeeit.

I like that second option though, a tad snowflakey but I'll propose it nonetheless.

End of the day, pick up games don't need some long, drawn out narration to them, so for all it matters it can be a training excersize. Thanks lads!
>>
File: Sister_of_Silence.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sister_of_Silence.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>52795208
>Now for obvious reasons sisters aren't really gonna fall to the warp, but could they go traitor nonetheless? Sort of a 'fuck you chaos, and fuck you Imperium too' thing where they and the DG force just wanna burn witches and kill Xenos?
Shot answer is nope. They've got complete loyalty to the Emperor...buuuuuut if the Emperor were to be absent from the picture and His Works be turned into a repugnant ecclesiarchic parody of itself, then they would turn their backs on the Imperium.
Like how it happened on the first stages of the War of the Beast.
But still they'd never ally themselves with filthy DG traitors.
Unless the "traitors" were renegades that love the Imperium above all but don't play bu the rules...like Blackshield and clockwork psy-zombie Morturg, formerly of the DG.
So, long answer would be "sort of maybe".
Everything can be fluffed, and we are in the age where you can even cite similar examples to further your case.
>>
>they weren't expecting Custodes

That's the point, shield-captain.
>>
>>52795128
I wish I was as young as you.
>>
>>52794575
>Curze
>Not shit
Oh yeah remember that time the NL got pooped on by the dark eldar? That was rad.
>>
>>52796096
I don't?
>>
>>52795208
Would he be willing to go with loyalist DG?
>>
>>52795208

It's allowed in gameplay and that's really all that matters if your bro wants some tits in his army.
>>
Hey, folks, could you guys help me with some rules please?

Suppose that my opponent is going first and dropping a pod with Leviathan. I have a Deredeo within range.

1) Can I choose to use helical array even though it's not my turn yet?
2) If I can shoot the Intercepter fire, will I still have to Snap Shot the Leviathan due to Skyfire on the array?
3) If I have a character with augery scanner joined on Rapier squad, and said Leviathan dropped within the scanner range, can the Rapiers shoot it?
>>
>>52796430
>Axiarch not an IC
>Arc rifle with 12" range
>Flying haywire automata
>Droplites of "Whoops, Knight dead in one turn"
>Traitor Shield Captain with invisible Misericordia.
>Had the Emperor been released alongside the Talons, you could have a traitor Emperor. Death to the false one :^)
>GK-Ward tier Power creep
A-angelus will save us...
>>
So, how out there is the idea of loyalist JUSTICE Night Lords? I'm fluffing out my army. I figure that they didn't exactly approve of the Emperor, but they regretted their hand in Istvaan, especially watching their primarch descend into madness. I'm just not sure where to take it from there. Maybe something with Servetar? I don't know.
>>
File: Fat Blob Smile.png (17KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Blob Smile.png
17KB, 600x555px
>>52796739

There is nothing wrong with Vultarax
>>
>>52796882
Precisely.
It can rain upon blobs and Spartans alike, Icarus lascannons can't make it explode, has effective T7 and a 3+ to tank Quad guns and can shoot all around itself. Can be forced to land but can also regen.
You can have either one lightning as a FA or you could bring a maniple of two Vultarax to do the same job and more, ignoring cover.
If its tank killing gun relied on armour penetration instead of on rolling something better than a 1 then it'd be reasonable.
>>
>>52796881
>Servetar

You dont need Servebatar for that, just have your dudes be led by Terran NL and be disgruntled by everything. Do it, its not that out there considering most NL knew how fucking crazy their primarch was and how low they've sunk during the heresy, its such a divided legion that it literally broke in a million pieces after Curze died so having one element doing something thats "out there" is perfectly fine for such a force.
>>
>>52797050
How good would the idea of anon using Serverbabtar's rules for his dude be?
>>
>>52797110
Kind of gay. Generic characters too good for 'im?
>>
File: Custodian Halberd M2 pattern.jpg (119KB, 531x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Custodian Halberd M2 pattern.jpg
119KB, 531x1613px
Correct me if I'm wrong...but Gyrfalcon grav-buggyies use NORMAL power lances?
As in, the squad with Split Fire and Sweeping Fire lack shooting bits on their poleweapons, in the army where the basic infantryman wields a glaive with a bolter?
>>
>>52797050

That makes sense. A bunch of disgruntled Batmans seeking JUSTICE and using their tactics against their shitty brothers in a proper "Send in the 8th!" fashion. They don't tear down their colors in shame but rather keep them as a reminder that even the traitors should fear the Lords of the Night.

>>52797110
>>52797221

Well, I was planning on going somewhat termie heavy because I like the Atramentar and that they get to Teleport unlike everyone else. I'm not usually keen on using special characters, but I like the idea of my Dude basically being a literal Harbinger of JUSTICE aka terminators.
>>
>>52797221
>One of the only astartes said to be in Siggy's tier lacks a 2+ save or an AP2 weapon, has Instant Death but it doesn't matter to EW enemies, especially since it's AP3 Rending, and his ability is basically a Nuncio Vox and ML1 Divination
He isn't the hot shit to begin with.
Hey, should Sev, Kharn and Abby (especially Abby) recieve a boost, or should Sigismund lose his EW?
>>
File: Send the Eight!.png (383KB, 402x424px) Image search: [Google]
Send the Eight!.png
383KB, 402x424px
>>52797267
>They don't tear down their colors in shame but rather keep them as a reminder that even the traitors should fear the Lords of the Night.
Teach them what true righteous Fear is like, anon!
Though remember Batman's quote; he's not justice. He's VENGEANCE.
>>
>>52797307
>Sev, Kharn and Abby

None of those were undefeated and top sword dog amongst the legions, sure they were bad ass but none worthy of becoming EMPEROR'S CHAMPION!.

Sev didnt even defeat Sig, he disqualified himself from the fight.
>>
>>52797307
>Hey, should [named character] recieve a boost, or should [named character] recieve a nerf?
Honestly I'd rather they just give the generics more fun stuff to play around with.
>>
>>52797367
Sev fought Sig to a standstill over a 30 hour duel. Sounds like they're equally skilled to me.
>>
>>52797337

VENGEANCE is even better for Loyalist Night Lords, actually. I'm totally going to do it, but I need a name and need to fluff out the background a bit. I know there is a Wolves player who wants to do a doubles tournament with me, so many something like that.
>>
>>52797367
>Sev didnt even defeat Sig, he disqualified himself from the fight.
Did Loken or Azkaellon beat Lucius, or did they disqualify themselves from the fight?
I'm talking about warzone combat, anon, not duels with rules.
Sev managed to duel for more than a day with Sigismund even when his main forte was dirty fighting, so a no rules combat would be over more quickly. And Kharn also used to throw the matches, lest the Nails took over and he killed his friend on the sand. Not to mention he's the BLOOD GOD'S CHAMPION.
Not saying Abaddon was the hot shit back then...but srsly. A fucking sergeant would beat his ass, m8. He kind of NEEDS a boost.
>>52797380
I'm all for buyable EW for Magi, anon :^)
>>
>>52797428
>I'm all for buyable EW for Magi, anon :^)
non-space marines need to pls go and stay go
>>
>>52797420
You said you wanted them batman-like, don't you? The order of bats is named Chiroptera. You could use Kyroptera or something like that. Or just the Eighth. Or the Hand of Retribution (because bats fly with their hands).
>Double wolfing
kek
>>
>>52797428
>Not to mention he's the BLOOD GOD'S CHAMPION.
>Kharn enters the Siege
>Leaves in a bodybag
>Sigismund enters the Siege
>Leaves with countless heads of the champions of chaos

Abbaddon does deserve a boost though.
>>
File: 1483924493128.png (1MB, 848x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1483924493128.png
1MB, 848x1018px
>>52797484
If only he hadn't faced Garviel LITERALLY-NOTHING-KILLS-HIM Loken. Sigh.
You'd think Abaddon powerfisting him and then dropping a building on top of him and then orbital bombing the fucking planet would hurt him, but apparently not.
BL :)
>>52797451
What would you give marines, anon? Only Praetors?
>Too spoopy for you, astartes?
>>
Am I not allowed to put a base under vehicles?

I mean a base with an infantry being crushed under a tank tracks or something would make a cool scenery, I think.
>>
>>52797564
Yeah. Try and keep it minimal, but it'll pretty much only hurt you.
>>
>>52797110
Go for it if you want to, I dont think Servaltar rules are that good but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>52797547
>What would you give marines, anon?
a playground where they don't have to deal with other armies
>>
>>52797480

I like the Hands of Retribution, actually. At first, I thought maybe painting their hands red to show their crimes against their legion, but then again I feel like they wouldn't do that because that would show they're only alive because their legion allows it. Instead, I think one of their things will be taking/displaying the bloody hands of their enemies. That would be a pretty fitting theme, I think.

The Hand of Retribution doesn't sound right, though. Both it and Kyroptera sounds like vessel names, which I'm totally cool with.

>>52797594
I just like that Sev is a teleport homer. That's it really, though I usually see lists using him instead of a Praetor,
>>
File: Astartes-only Safe space.jpg (201KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Astartes-only Safe space.jpg
201KB, 1024x683px
>>52797596
'ere you go :^)
>>
>>52797547
Bringing Loken back the way they did it was a mistake.

>Set up the early series POV character as the avatar of the secular noblebright guy straining against the dying of the light
>Hey son you know you have to die at the moment everything goes thematically forever grimdark
>Ded
>But leave option open for classic heroic return and epic inevitably doomed confrontation with the Dark Lord that still gives a thematic spark of hope for the original ideals of the Imperial Truth after the end
>Get too excited, bring him back early in a hamfisted oh-no-everything-is-fucked-so-the-avatar-of-idealism-is-kerazzey-now reveal
>Jizz him away in a premature ejaculation of character confrontation that makes his whole character meaningless

Fuck whoever authorised his return, fuck Swallow for being a jobber and fuck McNeil for being a egomaniacal hack
>>
>>52797683
Agreed. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>52797661

Actually, Sev is traitor only, so I guess there goes that notion.

Also, I could have sworn that Raptors were traitor only, but I guess I was thinking of the Horror Cult RoW.
>>
How against are you guys with using Traitor named character's rule for a (fluffwise) Loyalist force, or vice versa? On tabletop the force will still be treated as traitor/loyalist.
>>
File: c13df42f67d83e7b0c06d9e87684ab9f.jpg (229KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
c13df42f67d83e7b0c06d9e87684ab9f.jpg
229KB, 1200x900px
>>52797683
If they really wanted Loken to be kept around, he should've been the designated Knight Errant character instead of Garro.

Really, Loken worked best as a martyr, and I'm disappointed they brought him back because of that reason. In addition to the fact that his death was so final.

At least Saul Tarvitz will hopefully stay perma-dead, and be a proper martyr and the best character in the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>52797816
If we're just fucking about and having a game to have a game, I'll play most anything unless it's fucktarded, though I will wonder why you're being an awkward bastard.
If we're doing narrative, then I'd rather not, personally.
>>
File: IMG_0728.jpg (727KB, 2141x2710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
727KB, 2141x2710px
Posted him last thread, and I know the power talons are not effective, but I just wanted to run him for the rule of cool.

Any other suggestions on how to model him? Thinking of some additional purity seals and other things that people can recommend them
>>
>>52797982
What's going on with the top of his base?
>>
File: Luna_Wolf_Astartes.jpg (115KB, 504x689px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolf_Astartes.jpg
115KB, 504x689px
>>52797885
>Back in the day spiky bits and mean-looking knives were available to loyalists as well.
I like 30k aesthetics.
I like them a lot.
>>
>>52797982
I would recommend applications of paint.
>>
>>52798085
Pretty sure that's super glue.
>>
File: IMG_0737.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0737.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Had my fourth game with my Custodes tonight against IG, and oh god it was a slaughter.

Let's all take a moment to seriously appreciate the Heavy Arachnus Blaze Cannon and the ability to pump out very decent AP shooting from Custode vehicles. The only thing of mine that entered close combat was the Galatus Dreadnought, as my other units had literally zero need to leave their Coronus Grav Carriers.
>>
Sisters of Silence aren't really capable of being a proper 30k army, right?
>>
>>52798598
How many points was that game? IG player seems to have practically nothing if that was his full army
>>
>>52798926
The whole point is for them to share with the Custodes; you CAN run them both separately but the latter fair much better with no support.
>>
>>52798926
They are pretty decent, you might need custode vehicles to get them up to par however.
>>
>>52794039
He's a lot cooler by Betrayer.
>>
>>52798941
2500; he had six tanks, tons of melta and plasma, and 3+ with FNP on most units. 2 Demolishers and 4 Vanquishers to boot.
>>
I'm conviced to start my adventure in HH with Death Guard legion.
Where do I start? Grab a red books first, or go straight for the models? Should I go for Burning of Prospero set, or just grab 2-3 boxes of MKIII tactical squads, and maybe one or two blisters of upgrades for DG?
>>
>>52798989
Also about 100 Guardsmen.
>>
>>52797596
You know that does make you sound like a Lorgar-tier little bitch, right?
>But muh balance!
Personally the non-marine armies in this aside from Custodes are some of the best designed and fun to play lists I've played with, honestly, especially Milita and Cults. If you can't deal with trip Thanatar Dominus Adsec hordes then maybe ask your opponent to tone it down a bit? Because neither me or any of the other Mechanicum, Militia and Cults or Solar Auxilia players are willing to put down our awesome models and entertaining rules because you're offended by anything not being all 4s 3+ when you ask about stats. Also lets us use the other three notches on the Armour save pile, which is fun
>>
Just played my fifth game with my Custodes against Genestealer Cults. Sent my Tirbune in to tear apart the Broodlord or whatever it was and came out of it just taking one wound. Also ended up taking two wounds on the rest of my force and just a bunch of shaken/stunned results on my Coronus.

Needless to say, it's weird how powerful Custodes can feel when barely anything can touch them.
>>
>>52794773
every society and civilisation has FAILED horribly and collapsed, spanning the entirety of human history. The self imposed ridiculous dogma lead to nothing but human suffering and delay scientific progress
>>
>>52798994
1. Download rulebooks and familiarize yourself with your Legion's rules
2. Make an army list that, above all, you like
3. Think really hard about the army list you are about to spend a lot of money and time on (again, making sure you like it is the single most important thing; WAAC is no fun)
4. Think about #3 again
5. Buy some infantry with a small amount of whatever gubbins you prefer to upgrade them with, and then paint them up
6. ?
7. Profit
>>
File: 1492455612869.png (221KB, 365x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492455612869.png
221KB, 365x360px
>>52799360
>>
>>52799632
stop trying to forcefeed this bullshit down ppls throats... winning might be the most important thing to some people, you don't own the hobby and have no right to try and tell others how they should being having fun
>>
>>52800308
WAACfag detected
>>
>>52800308
If winning is the most important thing to someone in a game with toy soldiers from a fictional universe, then they should rethink their priorities.

Everyone wants to win, and a victory stemmed from fun is better than one stemmed by a need to never lose.
>>
>>52798994
I think you're unlikely to use anything in the Prospero box other than the Mk III Tacticals, so just get those unless you get a really good deal.
>>
>>52795208
Death Guard and Sisters of Silence fought together in Flight of the Eisenstein, before Isstvan III. So he could paint up some minis for Crusade-era battles.

Other than that, best thing to do is save the models until the Traitors get their own equivalent of the Talons of the Emperor, which FW has said they will... but it could be a while.
>>
>>52800347
you have no right to tell others how they should enjoy their game, or to tell them to rethink their priorities. It's not your hobby.
Fun stems from whatever the beholder feels, they might only enjoy winning and that is how they derive fun. You cannot tell others one is better than the other.
>>
Hi guys, does anyone know how big sigismund is compared to a normal muhreen?
>>
>>52800536
If someone tells me they think the only enjoyable part of Warhammer is winning, then I won't particularly associate with them because their mindset is one that prioritizes winning at all costs over enjoyment of the setting and battle.

If you let a desire of winning at all costs dictate your ability to have fun, then I guarantee you will a poor sport when you lose to someone just having fun. It's a game of toy soldiers and there's no fun to be had by taking it seriously.

No one wants to play with the guy that makes tournament lists for casual games or brings broken units every battle.
>>
>>52800565
You're being baited, friend. It's embarrassing
>>
>>52800640
Honestly I don't really care. Faggotry is still faggotry.
>>
>>52800565
you need to be more leftwing, liberal and understanding of other players.
Everyones opinion is valid, you cannot go around telling others how to enjoy their hobby. Just because you believe there's no fun to had by taking things seriously doesn't mean others won't.
>>
scars dont have 'fur' like the wolves do, right? They have horse hair plumes, and they have Yak hair pelts, but not fur, right? Subtle difference but when i see people modelling scars covered in fur and wolf pelts it just looks wrong...
>>
>>52800743
No, furs are pimping.
>>
>>52800743
Generic fur would fit their whole steppe-riders-who-are-always-hunting motif, but no wolf heads or paws.

Fur would be fine, but not WOLF fur.
>>
>>52800743
>please justify my irrational dislike of other peoples' models
How about no. If people are putting effort into converting & personalising Their Dudes then I'm all for that.
>>
Come to think of it, what kind of furs were most common among barbaric / warrior people?

Oh, Romans had some fur-wearing guys in their army, didn't they? Not sure which fur though.
>>
>>52800882
are you too retarded to read what i wrote? i'm not against people converting models, i'm against them doing it INCORRECTLY, the white scars don't use furs, they use HAIR.

>>52800880
that's the point, no it doesn't fit, at all, HAIR fits, fur doesn't

>>52800864
pimping? you mean in a not-suitable-for-the-universe-charityshop niggah sort of way?
>>
File: whitescars-MkII.jpg (224KB, 450x665px) Image search: [Google]
whitescars-MkII.jpg
224KB, 450x665px
>>52800899
Sure whatever m8.
>>
>>52800899
>the white scars don't use furs, they use HAIR
Cite your source. Cite any source.

Fuck, by any cultural standards they'd use feathers before any sort of mammal product, because they practically worship the Berkhut hunting birds, and their Primarch is the Warhawk, but go on.
>>
>>52800934
Oh look.

Fur.
>>
>>52800899
Shouldn't you be shitting up 40k General with your Tau/Cultist/Winged Daemon Prince-comprised army lists?
>>
>>52797816
If you want to use Kharn to represent a commander in your loyalist World Eater force I'll happily talk to you for days about it but on the tabletop my guys will be getting their Hatred/Preferred Enemy Traitors or whatever.
>>
>>52800934
that's hair, thanks for backing me up
>>
what mechanicum units go well with the new Secutarii from a fluff perspective? can't just be titans or i will never get to field them on the table!
>>
>>52800897
>most common
Irrelevant for 30k. They literally have the run of the galaxy to find something cool to kill and wear as a trophy. It could be purple fur with neon green spots or turquoise stripes and it'd still be perfectly fine with the canon.
>>
>>52801076
>>52800536
Please stop baiting
>>
>>52801151
>>52801212

Look furfags either get it right or just take your stupid "models" to /toy/ where they belong.
>>
>>52801222
>Space marines from an alien planet can't ever find fur anywhere in the galaxy, they can only wear the specific extinct earth animals that I say.

Fuck off. Go play a historical game if you're this uptight. You still didn't cite a single source for your crap.
>>
>>52794231
about tree fiddy
>>
>>52801244

Apparently the concept of Convergent evolution never crossed his mind too.
>>
>>52800897
>>52801151
Forgot to add "On unrelated issue," and "historically." when writing it.
>>
>>52800308
Those people are having fun the wrong way, you need to be illuminated.
>>
>>52801076
ITS THE SAME THING YOU RETARD AUTIST KYS
>>
>>52801147
stop arguing about fur and help
>>
>>52801272
Fair enough. Honestly I'd think wolf and bear would be most common just for the 'look how much of a hardass I am for killing this thing' factor, being pretty warm, and them being fairly commonplace animals.
>>
File: everyone.png (225KB, 793x366px) Image search: [Google]
everyone.png
225KB, 793x366px
>>52801296
>>52801283
>>52801272
>>52801267
jesus christ you guys are too easy
>>
Is human skin NL only thing or whole Traitor Legions?
>>
>>52801334
Maybe late-heresy Word Bearers have their books made from flayed human, maybe one or two EC might wear around their enemies as a coat, but thats about it
>>
>>52801334
Pre-heresy, NL only. But as corruption kicked in girsly trophies became more common among certain legions, I'd say SOH, EC and WB may all use it. Perhaps also WE, although it wouldn't be a purposeful piece of decoration for them, more a side effect.
>>
>>52801334
I imagine a few of the more violent legions would wear it, NL, WE, WB (if covered in script), SoH, EC might wear it but cover it in fancy designs and tattoos and stuff.

DG, IW, AL and TS all probably not.
>>
>>52801308
>Joke's on them, I was just pretending to be retarded. Hur hur hur.

>>52801334
Emperor's Children definitely did it, but they tended to stretch it over stuff, where the NL just let it hang. It's too visually distinctive for the Alpha Legion. The World Eaters would probably enjoy it. Word Bearers bound the book of Lorgar with skin from the dead of Isstvan, so that's canon. Iron Warriors might? but it seems to ostentatious for them. Death guard probably not, because they didn't decorate much of anything. Sons of Horus are entirely down to the marine in question. Thousand Sons would not, because they think they're scholars.
>>
Interesting, how about skulls/head then? Think few Legions were into that even pre heresy, but not sure.
>>
>>52801397
Dude, even a lot of Loyalists did the skulls thing. It's a decent trophy for downing a cool opponent. Severed heads with the fleshy bits still on em were a traitor thing, though.
>>
>>52801406
Really? I can only think of WS among Loyalists. SW are too into animals imo.
>>
>>52801428
Vulkan had a giant dragon skull as a shoulder plate.
>>
>>52801428
My dark angels are planning on having skulls and trophies but most of them are ultra violent dreadwing members of calibanite hunters.
>>
Are the Nightlords and Space Wolves the worst legions?

>we're only ironically barbarians
>we're only ironically edgelords
>>
I take it FW decided against a bolt pistol and backpack option for Moritats then.
>>
>>52801465
>ironically edgelords
are you kidding me, they delighted in being as edgy as possible. Yiffs are guilty as charged though
>>
File: IMG_1169.jpg (206KB, 919x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1169.jpg
206KB, 919x1280px
>not having glorius fur trims on everything

It's like you don't even want to GO FAST
>>
>>52801487
Oh look.

Fur.
>>
>>52801480
>we only commit atrocities to protest the emperor xDDDDDDD

ADB was a mistake.
>>
>>52801472
FW has an aversion to things that are really fuckin' cool despite their terrible, terrible rules
>>
>>52801472
Personally I'd wish they'd release a kit which had identifying bitz for every Consul variant, and another for every Magos variant, just so you can build what you want and work those into the design somewhere. Hell, you could just magnetise the insignia on the Magos somewhere, have a couple Magos Prime you can use for anything.
>>
>>52801515
>bl
>>
File: 183405872781991.jpg (5KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
183405872781991.jpg
5KB, 300x225px
>>52801487
That's a lot of heel for a guy, don't you think?
>>
File: GW Business Model.jpg (34KB, 750x693px) Image search: [Google]
GW Business Model.jpg
34KB, 750x693px
>>52801530
>Hell, you could just magnetise the insignia on the Magos somewhere, have a couple Magos Prime you can use for anything.

That's why they don't do it
>>
>>52801530
>wants FW kits to have GW levels of bits and variety

"For what raisin?"
-t. FWfag

I wouldn't mind, but FW loves their purpose built monopose character models and charging extra for options.
>>
>>52801530
I would like a massive kit, 3 or 4 leg options (standing, walking, charging and power stance), similar number of torsos (tactical, ornate, heavy armour) and then arms, heads and backpacks to flavour, a combi-weapon bit, plasma pistol, one of each power weapon. Then various little bits and pieces to enhance the model such as scanners, trophies, fancy bits etc. I'd pay 50 or 60 pounds for something like that
>>
File: kekkery.png (64KB, 208x140px) Image search: [Google]
kekkery.png
64KB, 208x140px
>>52801571
> Thinking men can't wear heels
>>
>>52801713
It'd be nice if FW had the common decency to also sell marine upgrade kits with the added bits to make a full marine. Some of the 'upgrade kits' only miss like one arm and legs, and costs pretty much the same as a set of marines (looking at you Templar Brethren upgrade kit)
>>
File: 1461952178272.jpg (109KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
1461952178272.jpg
109KB, 780x780px
>>52801530
I just wish they wouldnt be so fucking tight and throw in a few extra legantine axes for my order, im already getting 7 breacher upgrade kits at once I don't wanna have to order 11 just to get them
>>
Why does FW word things so strangely? The Word Bearers rules state that they must take a second compulsory HQ, who must be "either a centurion or a chaplain consul." Does this mean it has to be a bare centurion or a chaplain? Consuls are upgrades to centurions, so could I take, say 2 librarians and call it at that? Why even mention chaplains then? Why include bare centurions as one of those options? All it concretely tells me is that I can't take 2 praetors and nothing else.
>>
>>52801959
it's just some random act of xeno contrition
>>
how to get the charge with hoplite? Mech have no assault transport!
>>
>>52801959
It pretty obviously means a Chaplain or a base Centurion.
>>
>>52801959
>Does this mean it has to be a bare centurion or a chaplain?
Yup. Not a Master of Signal, not a Librarian, not a Champion.
Either a Centurion or a Chaplain.
Standard organization was a Praetor and a Chaplain, so by giving you the option of a Centurion they're actually giving you one more option than normal.
>>
>>52801995
>>52801987
So here's the thing: I totally agree. I just don't know exactly how to explain this to a guy I know who plays WB and says "librarians are centurions, so that counts."
>>
>>52801983
>how to get the charge with hoplite?
You don't :^)
They advance and hold ground using those shields of them, with chiropractor field for ranged.
Either that or deesptrike suicide.
>>
>>52802019
Ask him why Chaplains are specified as being different.
>>
>>52802032
"Because FW is bad at rules writing. Why would they give Custodes a piece of wargear without any rules?"
>>
>>52802059
Then you break the rules in a favourable way for yourself.
>>
>>52802059
Sounds like a classic case of 'The Last Rulebender'

It cleary says "any centurion may be upgraded to", as in becomes something else, just like one member in a squad being upgraded to a sergant.

Also ask him why he calls it a librarian and not a centurion if it's suppose to be the same thing.

If all fails just slash his tires or something.
>>
>>52802019
You could say Librarians are Consuls (which are upgraded Centurions) instead of Chaplains or base un-upgraded Centurions like the rule states.
>>
G-guys quit complaining. Blood Angels and Demons will be completely balanced. A-angelus will fix everything.
>>
>>52797484
This so much. Abaddon needs a boost.

As far as I'm concerned the tiers for outright best fighters are:

Tier1: Sigismund, Sevatar, Kharn
Tier2: Abaddon, Coswain, Azkaellon
Tier3: Eidolon, Qin Xa, Posessed Argel Tal

The rest are all excellent but don't have that little bit extra. Also the next time I hear someone pronounce Corswain phonetically instead of "Corsen" the way it's supposed to be pronounced, I'm going to lose it.
>>
File: adepticon consistency.png (30KB, 663x388px) Image search: [Google]
adepticon consistency.png
30KB, 663x388px
>>52802080
This. See, for example, the adepticon organisers, who totally weren't influenced by having a WB player on the panel.
>>
>>52802130
I mean, it's hardly unfluffy for Lorgar to take Malefic.
>>
>>52802156
I know, but it's the inconsistency. By all means nerf sekhmets, but to not apply the same ruling to those word bearers just shows bias.
>>
File: 1476546121347.gif (492KB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
1476546121347.gif
492KB, 230x173px
>>52802130
Wow... Who knew that even WB players themselves a shit.

I mean, tournament organisers not properly checking armylists I've seen happen, but favoring one army so blatantly ... damn.
>>
Have AdeptiCon or other tournament army lists posted somewhere?
>>
>>52802129
When will we get rules for Argel Tal? When FW when?
>>
>>52802156
True, but Transfigured states which disciplines he can select from instead of rolling, and Malefic is not one. He should have to roll for Malefic.
>>
>>52802226
I know. Arguably one of the most interesting and potent word bearer characters... nothing. Besides he's the only gal vorbak that doesn't look unstable and... goofy. He looks predatory, like some seething possessed murdermachine.
>>
File: IMG_0644.jpg (201KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0644.jpg
201KB, 900x1272px
>>52802320
Pic related. Just fantastic.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170420-145316.jpg (83KB, 1416x109px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170420-145316.jpg
83KB, 1416x109px
drop assault vanguard.. can you take dreads in pods? or only units that intrinsically have the deep strike rule or are in a flyer?
>>
Fluffwise and crunchwise, is there any force equivalent to Talons of the Emperor on Traitor side?
>>
>>52802397
>the army may not include any Immobile units
Pods are immobile.
>>
>>52802320
>>52802334
I hope we get a cool model and good rules in a future shadow crusade book.
>I just want a Word Bearers army that fight for the love and loyalty to their primarch and are desperate because of the horrors they have seen, not a bunch of comic-tier villains standard chaos space marines
Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>52802415
Last of the Serrated Sun RoW was fucking weird on that regard.
>>
>>52802415
no, they're not. The immobile rule is different to being immobile. Other units are actually immobile, pods are not. Theyre immobile once deployed whcih has it's own rules
>>
File: 1491586556171.jpg (44KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1491586556171.jpg
44KB, 620x413px
>>52802561
>The immobile rule is different to being immobile
>>
File: darktimes.png (532KB, 842x492px) Image search: [Google]
darktimes.png
532KB, 842x492px
>>52802634
> Predator comes rolling in
> Stops on a hill to line up its conversion beam
> Instantly dissapears because it was temporarily immobile
>>
>>52802414
Custodes equivalent? Sure. Sons of Horus pride of the legion with justaerin Terminators. Black armor with red pauldrons and gold trim. 2 wound hardasses with ws5, bs5 within 12", and access to a lot of deep striking and drop pods. Oh yeah, don't forget to take some destroyer squads to prep the custodes with rad phage to make them vulnerable to ID.

As one anon put yesterday, they're the Vader to the Custodes Luke.
>>
>>52802809
Alternatively:
>still allowed to take tarantulas because the atoms that make them up are vibrating and are therefore not immobile
>>
>>52802417
No m8, it's not too much to ask for. I want resolute religious killers, not comic book villains who somehow always slip up and lose.

For their primarch, for their faith, for victory and a perceived better tomorrow, resolutely with an aura of dread.
>>
>>52802840
I love you anon, please marry me and we shall purge this galaxy of every false belief in the name of the true gods
>>
>>52802129
I say korsooein, fight me :^)
>>52802226
>>52802320
>Hey remember about the original Gal Vorbak? The only one people can recall his name?
>Let's make rules for that WB Captain nobody gives a fuck about instead :^)
Man, they taunting Khârn on the gladiator pits was awesome. The double voice,yet still in control, even joking while Khârn was struggling, yet being able to become completely motionless when called.
What was FW thinking?
They even gave us rules for Durak Rask, the guy who doesn't survive Istvaan III. Even Ferrus lived longer.
>>
>>52802899
It's funny because I think 40k Word Bearers have a better ethos than 30k despite 30k being a more serious and adult setting. In 40k they're the organized ones (besides the black legion) that get shit done and trounce the enemy where they appear. In 30k, they're considered to have the least martial prowess of the legions and their zealotry and aggressive behavior amounts to casualties rather than victories.

I hate that.
>>
>>52801816
I was thinking more a big bag of "Champion head+Bitz, Librarian head+ book + suck, Crozius and Chaplain head, etcetera. So you can upgrade some random Astartes to whatever you want, and add a bunch of random parts for them like you said.

>>52801713

Yeah, that would be nice. I mean, a couple already come with the various weapons options, like the Archmagos Abeyant, and sone the buy the weapons separate like Titans and Dreads. I mostly buy FW for specific parts for conversion, which is what recasters are for in my mind.

>>52801655

Doesn't one of the Tau kits have slots in for magnets? One of the big flyers. And I can get almost double intended options from a Knight kit by sticking some magnets on weapons and chopping off a couple cables. They know people will do it, for convenience if nothing else, why not make it easy. Why don't they want our money?
>>
>>52802840
> Eternity of torture and suffering under whim of cruel and infinetely malevolent gods
> Better tomorrow

BL trying to humanize, rationalize and mak him sympathatic only makes Lorgar a moron.

Comic book villain with simple logic is still better than a complete idiot.
>>
>>52802955
Better than corswayne
>>
why doesn't palatine blades have fleet? how the fuck am i supposed to use Fulgrim in a squad???
giving palatine blades jumppacks doesnt help because Fulgrim loses fleet then and cant keep up with them... WTF
>>
>>52803002
Why do people think that chaos always = evil, torture, suffering, malice, and all the bad things? Are there hellish chaos worlds? Sure. Are there functional chaos worlds where people worship the entities that have divine powers as the divine things that they are? Absolutely. I think the book "Legion" has one of the best descriptions of a functional chaos world.
>>
>>52802990
I hate it too. I started my army after reading Dark Disciple and then I got into 30k. The Word Bearers who are shown in the first heretic, the purge and betrayer are the ones that I love. Fuck know no fear, fuck battle for the abyss.
Calth was a mistake
>>
>>52803042
Palatine blades are best with a champion, chaplain, or praetor. Fulgrim is meant to be with his terminators and only use fleet if he needs to break away to go after something by himself.
>>
>>52803002
Why would you look for something else when the imperium is a paradise for human life right?
>>
>>52803042
Just because Fulgrim has fleet it doesn't mean that you HAVE to be able to use that rule all the time every time. Just stick him in a transport with some tartaros terminators or something.
>>
>>52803095
Compared to Chaos, and especially when it's 30k Imperium we're talking about, yes the Imperium is a paradise.
>>
>>52803120
:^) ok anon
>>
What Consul would you be, anons?

Skull helm, litanies of hate against xenos, non-compliants and rebels, Sword Arcanum with Power Fist.
It'd be nice.
>>
>>52803134
M8, anywhere where there's a solid ground to stand on and a guarantee you'll wake up the same shape that you went to bed with is a paradise compared to Chaos.
>>
>>52803149
Did Chaps in 30k had skull face and black armor?

> such zeal... whoooooooo?!
>>
>>52803152
>No Slaneesh daemonettes
>No killing for the favour of Khorne
>No eternal search for wisdom
>No protection and communion with even the more horrifying diseases

I don't think that's better anon
>>
>>52803149
A moritat with a volkite pistol and a plasma pistol, MK3 armour and more phosphex than you can shake a stick at. Specialise in clearing out tunnel complexes, phosphex and volkite in a confined space would be deadly.

Dark Angels if I get to pick my legion.
>>
>>52803173
BA wardens and WB chaplains were black. DA chaplains had a skull helmet.
>>
>>52803152
Or, you know, normal people who just happen to worship chaos. It's not like every single world where the worship of chaos holds sway is some hellish nightmare in the warp or like the movie event horizon.
>>
>>52803221
So what you're saying is that Chaos is only good when you have the ruins of the imperium to support yourself.
>>
>>52802561
>The immobile rule is different to being immobile.

Explain to me how it is different.
>>
>>52803241
Didn't say that at all.
>>
>>52803245
Maybe it's just like with Sehkmet, where choose doesn't mean choose, and we're just dumb for assuming it does mean choose :^)
>>
>>52803321
>chaos is better than the imperium
>but only when you're living in the imperium, no one actually wants to live in the warp
Explain plox.
>>
>>52803173
Wonder how one would look with an Inquisitor style capotain.

>The chain of heresy is what will truly bind the Imperium together as one.
>>
>>52803377
Humans don't live in the warp, that would require to be as favoured as the sons of the gods who inhabit there. If you are not as strong you'd die and suffer. In the imperium humans don't live in the imperial palace, humans can't even look at the emperor.
>>
>>52803420
Your point being?
>>
>>52803377
Didn't say it was better.
>>
>>52803480
You don't have to live in the warp to worship chaos. Chaos worshippers don't want an eternity of suffering, they belief in being favoured by the gods and get as powerful as no human could ever be
>>
>>52803521
That doesn't make Chaos better, that just means dumbfuck cultists have a grass is always greener thing going on.
>>
Night Lords are trash (rules wise) but I love Batman....sad life.
>>
>>52803556
Awww come on anon, quad mortars don't rely on legion rules to be OP, you can figure something out
>>
>>52803555
Nobody said it was better, we said it's understandable that people choose to follow that path
>>
File: IMG_1170.jpg (198KB, 945x762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1170.jpg
198KB, 945x762px
>>52803149
>studied biology
>work as a biotechnician
Primus Medicae.
>>
>>52803149
Generic Centurion.
>>
>>52803149
Saboteur.

Sneaking around behind enemy lines, trolling the fuck out of them by exploding spartans at unappropiate moments, no squadmates to worry about.

And only showing up in battles when most of the work has already been done ofcourse.
>>
>>52803149
I'm a financial analyst for one of the largest private companies in the US. So probably master of signals. Give me a jump pack, artificer mkiv armor, a volkite charger, and a power axe, and I'll hop around all day with a similarly equipped reaver squad calling down orbital bombardments, drop pods, teleportations to wreck shop.
>>
File: 1489502870699.png (888KB, 798x939px) Image search: [Google]
1489502870699.png
888KB, 798x939px
>>52803149
I'm a History student so it looks like I'm stuck being a remembrancer
>>
>>52803914
You're lucky the job of Remembrancer can include normie historians, because if you can't write eloquently, paint, write music or anything like that then you wouldn't be a remembrancer either :^) Saber
Luckily, 40k Iron Hands have a Warlord Trait called "Student of History", and I think anyone a century old or okder would be interested in history, even more if it was a terran veteran that survived the Battle of Rust, so you could still apply for regular Centurion, Praetor, or more uniquely Centurion with Early Crusade Honours.
Have fun.
>>
File: IMG_2471.jpg (21KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2471.jpg
21KB, 199x253px
>>52803149
Praevian.

The techies do all the work, the servitors keep things shiny, and I get to chill out surrounded by a bodyguard of quiet, obedient 10-ton robotic warriors of death unquestioningly subordinate to my every battlefield whim.

Kinda like a tard wrangler but cooler
>>
>>52803200
>Dark Angels if I get to pick my legion.
Oh, then I'd be a Chaplain from one of the legions that needs them the most, the one tasked with difficult jobs that few others can do, whose legionnaries sell their lives for a cause they barely believe in.
Skull on face, skull on shoulder.
Iron Warrior's Chaplain.

>>52803790
Raven Guard (40k) Chaplain Laefin Torovac was very good at command and was expected to become a Shadow Captain as the next step of his career...but he felt the call to chaplaincy. Master of Signal was my other pick, along with Warsmith.

>>52803398
>Wonder how one would look with an Inquisitor style capotain.
What do you mean?
>>
>>52803571
That's not cool or fluffy, its just a dick move.
>>
>>52803556
If you can gang on people then you can gut the fuck out of them, whether they fear you or not.
They're the raptor legion.
>>
File: 30k Archmagos Abeyant.jpg (86KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
30k Archmagos Abeyant.jpg
86KB, 800x1066px
>>52804330
I'd just join the Mechanicum proper, since I'll actually do something relevant with my life if I manage to make it a couple rungs up the priesthood, rather than dying like a bitch on some random planet for an Emperor who doesn't give a damn. An Archmagos or High Magos could easily wind up commanding more troops than every Marine + Custodes in the galaxy, plus fleets and a whole bunch of archaeotech bullshit.

Plus, I have the ability to fuck off and find a comfy system to dig in into and make a Forge World out of if I don't like how things are going, and would probably be immortal if I made it that far.

Of course, there's a high chance of not making it and getting lobotomized or killed one way or the other, but at least there's A chance of being somebody.
>>
>>52804440
Most of my squads tend to be out numbered or shot to shit by the time I get to CQC
>>
File: chainaxes.png (9KB, 596x615px) Image search: [Google]
chainaxes.png
9KB, 596x615px
>>52804246
>Implying I'm Saber
>Implying I'd collect Eldar

Do you think I am some kind of faggot?
>>
>>52804477
That last bit's my hang up.

If I'm already a marine, then I'm breddy gud as is. Especially since the question supppses I'm a centurion as well, meaning I've got significant talent.

However, unlike the pretty much meritocracy (aside from some legions) setup of the Astartes, mechanicum is waaaay more political and whole crews of incredibly experienced men may just accidentally 'disappear' when the fresh batch of servitors arrive. Legions are political too, but at least authority is battle-based so as long as I can prove myself as I fighter they can't screw me too hard.

Ideally Iron Hands Praevian, they're results-oriented so provided I keep my Castellax shootin' straight, I've got a cushy T8 bodyguard and the possibility of being an Iron Father

then again, if I'm IH then it's literally impossible for me to be anybody special/remembered
>>
>>52800743
There are gray wolves on the Mongolian Steppe so their fur probably ended up lining their robes now and then - a European monk who traveled there said they wore the skins of any creature. But they wore it with the fur turned inward.
>>
>>52804650
Plus don't the Iron Hands have hidden caches of technology around the galaxy that only Iron fathers know the location of and even fewer know the contents and have the ability to open them? I can't remember where I read it but it was hinted that they have some extreme tech that they keep hidden even from the mechanicum because of its outright power.
>>
File: yes2.gif (975KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
yes2.gif
975KB, 400x296px
>>52804580
>Do you think I am some kind of faggot?
Yes :^)
>>
>>52795208
>my lil' brother wants to collect traitor fucking shits
Make him collect loyalists before it's too late and he turns into a chaosfag
>>
>>52800897
Roman velites (skirmishers) wore wolf pelts, head and all.

>>52800899
Real-world Mongols sometimes used wolf fur so space Mongols would sometimes use space wolf fur. But more seriously... the Mongols used fur for practical reasons (so it'd be an interior lining), not as a fashion accessory like medieval Europeans did. Mongols were more into silk and woven gold for that. I think it'd be a lot less common among the White Scars than the Space Wolves.

On the other hand, they're often shown wearing fox's tails. Technically that's fur - it has the skin and two types of hair (thick undercoat and then the longer guard hairs). That image with a fuzzy shoulder pad? That's fur too. Hair only works if it's bundled like horse hair.
>>
File: 1488441839448.png (488KB, 1089x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1488441839448.png
488KB, 1089x1247px
>>52803149
I am just doing my army shit,so standard centurion normally.

I would love to be an EC chaplain with a phoenix spear, telling my dudes how PERFECT we are....or a primus medicae who makes them even more GLORIOUS b implanting them with gribly bits.
>>
Were the fuck can I get a set of plastic land raider side doors?
>>
>>52805005
>>
"Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a niec, fine tip on ya brush!"

yall are so fucking dumb for passing this up
>>
>>52805075
A plastic land raider kit.
>>
>>52804381
>What do you mean?

One of these hats.
>>
>>52801147
Just get that Warhound already! The Secutarii don't make enough sense without a titan nearby. Unless they're protecting/looking for a downed titan's crew. Okay, that's not true, they'd sweep areas well ahead of a large titan looking for titan-killing traps and weapons.

The cybernetica restriction covers it - I don't see them making much use of that branch of the Mechanicum since it'd be outside the legio's control.
>>
>>52805005
Good advice.

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a niec, fine tip on ya brush!
>>
>>52805109
I believe stormraven doors are identical to LR ones as well.
>>
>>52804650
Yeah, but Marines die a LOT, plus there's a Heresy right around the corner. I'll take my chances for the chance to become an immortal minor god commanding billions, and unlike the Chaos Gods there's not so many catches that you'd run out of ammo shooting the locks off. What's the peak advancement for a Marine? Praetor, or Grand Battalion commander or something? Not anything that lands you a cushy desk job, that's for damn sure.

And I would be a terrible soldier.
>>
>>52805149
Youd have no chance to not be a good one, hypnoindoctrination and genetic manipulation be praised.
>>
>>52805123
Personally mine are Ordo Reductor Naval armsmen, which is why they're packing what are basically taser spears. Also gives me some slight justification for the Droplites against cheese mcCustodes player and Asshole McUltrasmurf, because fuck Leviathan Dreadnoughts. Normally they escort the Magos Reductor when I've left the Enginseers home, or just hike up and take their chances. Probably going to have them crew something big once I have a flying Lord of War of some kind.
>>
File: IMG_6321.jpg (13KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6321.jpg
13KB, 125x83px
>>52805005
>>
>>52805149
Wait wait. You want a cushy office job in a fictional universe like that? What's the point? Just have a cushy office job in this one, nary a difference I expect.
>>
>>52803245
I agree with the first guy, they do not have Immobile in their Unit Type. What they have is a rule (also called Immobile) that says "Once it has been deployed, a Drop Pod cannot move and counts as a vehicle that has suffered an irreparable Immobilised result (although no Hull Point loss is suffered." Emphasis on "once it has been deployed."

Meanwhile, the 40k rulebook says "A Transport vehicle with Deep Strike may Deep Strike regardless of whether its passengers have Deep Strike or not."
>>
>>52805255
On the other hand, under Dreadclaw it says "In the case of the Dreadclaw, unlike other Drop Pods it is not immobile" not "it doesn't become immobile."

I just know I'm not gonna invest in drop pods, because all it takes is a slight tweaking of the rules via an update or FAQ to render them useless to me.
>>
>>52805242
Personally I don't like dying, especially when I know there is an afterlife, and it's not pleasant. Obtain Magos rank, construct remotely controlled replaceable body and assorted backup minds and facilities around the place, THEN hit the galaxy and go full Grammaton Cleric on it while kicking ass. Cushy desk job would only be the ideal if I couldn't advance to a point I can fight reasonably safely.
>>
>>52805005

Not worth the risk desu
>>
File: dorn and alphie.png (207KB, 650x994px) Image search: [Google]
dorn and alphie.png
207KB, 650x994px
>>
File: 40k_fbf46d_6236137.jpg (71KB, 640x709px) Image search: [Google]
40k_fbf46d_6236137.jpg
71KB, 640x709px
>>52805469
nice
>>
>>52805469
That fits way too well.
It is now canon that John French based the fight on this comic.
>>
>>52805555
Quads confirm.
>>
>>52805371
That rule is written with a very sloppy use of punctuation. It breaks the rules of comma usage. The "however" is also unnecessary and confusing.

The way I read it, you should ignore the ", however," (if it's between two commas it's a clause that could be omitted without changing the sentence's meaning) and a comma should switch to a semicolon. That leaves:
>In the case of the Dreadclaw, unlike other Drop Pods it is not immobile after it has landed; it is treated as a Flyer with Hover mode (which starts off as hovering after it has arrived via Deep Strike).

But you could argue that they meant the following:
>In the case of the Dreadclaw, unlike other Drop Pods it is not immobile, however; after it has landed, it is treated as a Flyer with Hover mode (which starts off as hovering after it has arrived via Deep Strike).

That seems less likely because it's an incorrect use of "however," but it connects "after it has landed" to "it is treated as a flyer" rather than to "it is not immobile."
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
Did BA use death masks during the heresy or was it a strictly after Sang died thing?
>>
>>52805630
Supposedly Sanguinius had one during the heresy, so yes?
>>
>>52802129
Amit would be in tier one, he beat Kharn (barely) going all out.
>>
>>52805591
>FW
>writing bad rules

Surely you jest, good sir! Mine loins have acquired escape velocity.
>>
>>52805676
Have to tried assaulting them furiously to catch up to them?
>>
>>52797547
I hope Dark Mechanicum is like this picture DESU.
>>
>>52805131
Fuck I wish I have some from my Fire Raptor build. And they are rhino doors.
>>
>>52805075
Why not get some FW ones?
>>
>>52806019
Because there are none for 30k Thousand Sons.
>>
>>52802334
the dog head works pretty well
>>
>>52806066
Hmm, I see there's nothing generic, either. You'd think people who bought FW Land Raider doors would put their plastic ones up on eBay, but nope.

There are people doing custom 3d printed bits for 30k. I can't think of any names, but the Radio Free Isstvan guys have mentioned at least one, I think.
>>
>>52803372
1) Sekhmet cannot choose their powers
2) Sekhmet can only roll on pyro and telekinesis
3) Because of the way the rule is worded, they cannot gain the focus/primaris for free under any circumstances

This is the only way to play that unit. NOVA agrees. Anyone trying to do otherwise is some colossal WAAC faggot and I hope their parents get cancer.
>>
File: RAI.jpg (51KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
RAI.jpg
51KB, 750x421px
>>52806389
>>
>>52797683
yeah this

so much this :(
>>
>>52806389
But doing otherwise is doing exactly what the rules tell you. That how FW wrote their rules doesn't align with the established playerbase's idea of what their rules should have been does not make anybody a WAACfag.
Is it stupid ? Yes. Is it perhaps too powerfull ? Absolutely. But don't be mean to players who play it as it is written, instead we should pesker FW even more for a FAQ to fix their damned mistakes.

I mean there are plenty of people who've houseruled quad mortars because they're just stupid strong, but they then don't wish cancer on somebody's parent because they don't play following their unwritten houserules.

>Personally I'm of the opinion that FW should do a 2nd edition of Inferno with all missing rules, editing and spelling errors fixed, and send everybody who already bought Inferno a free copy of the fixed book. Because they should be fucking ashamed of the state they released it in, and making it the most expensive book as well.
>>
>>52806552
>But doing otherwise is doing exactly what the rules tell you.
Cancer time for pop and mom then.
>>
>>52806552
Yeah, my trust with FW was broken a bit by this release. It makes me worried about Angelus.
>>
>>52806574
I'm seriously considering trying to find out of there is some kind of legal action possible for lacking quality control or something. Because if FW keeps getting away with half-assing products whilst increasing the price at the same time things will only get worse.
>>
>>52806389
>if I don't like a rule I choose to ignore it
>if you play the rule as it's written you're doing it wrong
Do people like you really exist?
>>
File: The Burd.gif (2MB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
The Burd.gif
2MB, 500x459px
>>52806569
And thus, a new church of autism was founded : the why-doesn't-everybody-follow-my-houserulings autismo's
>>
>>52806626
>>52806650
>why can't muh suckhmet play in a manner that willfully ignores how the game functions
>>
File: Nick Furious Charge.jpg (58KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Furious Charge.jpg
58KB, 1000x733px
>>52806626
Implying FW always gets the rules right?
>>
>>52806676
>willfully ignores how the game functions
It's a special rule you autist. They let you do that.
>>
>>52806676
They don't ? At least, not the written rules of the game.

I do hope they violate as many of your autismo game rules that exist only in your head as possible :^)
>>
>>52806712
Tell us more about hating your parents so much you wish cancer upon them both.
>>
>>52806389
Events can do whatever they want, but no one has to follow them.

I don't have a problem with Sekhmets until they're picking invisibility or present in multiple squads plus Magnus.
>>
>>52806619
Don't be silly. This isn't literally unplayable like a buggy computer game, and even in those cases you don't have much recourse. You received a product with lots of text and pretty pictures.
>>
File: No comments.png (187KB, 317x234px) Image search: [Google]
No comments.png
187KB, 317x234px
>>52806726
Different anon here, I have a problem with Sekhmets simply existing.
>35 points per Stubborn Psyker Terminator with 2 wounds, +1 to invulnerable and a Force Weapon, only 5 points over a regular Terminator.
Their presence is a sin.
>>
Anyone got pictures of the Death Guard Destroyers someone posted some time ago?
>>
>>52806726
>multiple squads plus Magnus.

So glad I haven't faced such a... frustrating list.

It almost seems like any playtesting they do is with idealists who don't realize the power gaming combinations they've written because they don't think that way or the playtesting they do is with total fanboys who want to most broken their guys possible. Either way it leads to power creep and exploitation.
>>
>>52806823
It is extremely doubtfull FW does any real playtesting. Or rule reading, I mean they think that having to always sweeping advance is a drawback, or that plus one inch to sweeping advance actually does something.
>>
>>52806787
You forgot the 5 points each combi plasmas. Cancer.
>>
>>52806861
Yeah. I've only ever seen the +/- 1 inch to sweeping advance catch someone out less than a handful of times.
>>
>>52806869
And that you can get two powerfists in addition to the combi-bolter for only 5 points. Or something. What is that option even about ? Did they have a stroke when writing that or something ?
>>
Is there any reason to use tartaros with my sekhmet? I was thinking of using the scarab occult models but cataphractii seems much better.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 411x357px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 411x357px
>>52806919
>>
File: 1489764086661.jpg (777KB, 630x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1489764086661.jpg
777KB, 630x1035px
>>52806919
Can only be explained by witchery. Fuck Inferno.
>>
>>52806903
Sweeping advance has nothing to do with distance or inches though. Both players roll a D6 and add highest initiative.
>>
>>52806920
Tartaroi look generally cooler and Scarab Occults are gorgeous models. That's about it.
Fuck Raptora.
>>
>>52806967
Remember that anon who wanted to make Double Claw termies using dual Power Fist bits and everyone got triggered? I know it's yet another fucking mistake on FW's side, but either it's like that or their power fists have UNDERSLUNG powerfists.
Like true Combi Fists.
>>
>>52806977
Yeah, phone posting initiative turned to inches.
>>
File: file.png (275KB, 424x538px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
275KB, 424x538px
>>52807028
we shiva now
>>
>>52806920
If you boost Cataphractii to 3+ invulnerable saves people will hate you.

Also, assault-oriented Terminators benefit a lot from being able to run and sweep. Save Cataphractii for units that drop in a Dreadclaw to unload at short range with combi-weapons and charge a vehicle with chainfists. They'll take more shooting and need the better save.
>>
>>52806787
>35 points per Stubborn Psyker Terminator with 2 wounds, +1 to invulnerable and a Force Weapon, only 5 points over a regular Terminator.

Meanwhile Wolf Guard is 54pts. per for what amounts to a Str. 5 Terminator Bodyguard with Fear, Stubborn and Str. 5 Hammer of Wrath if they charge 6+ inches.
>>
>>52807087
yes but that makes everyone happy. fuck wolves.
>>
>>52807098
Seconded. Fuck wolves, those power scythe theiving yiffs.
>>
File: C13.jpg (34KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
C13.jpg
34KB, 1000x400px
>>52807072
kek
>>
>>52806697
Fuck you, your guys have Furious Assault.
>>
File: Gavin_Machamp.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Gavin_Machamp.png
1MB, 1174x881px
>>52807072
Reminds me of picture related.
>>
>>52807072
It turns out the Thousand Sons were censured not for sorcery but for forbidden quadruple power fist techniques.
>>
File: skelecopters.jpg (502KB, 1329x1434px) Image search: [Google]
skelecopters.jpg
502KB, 1329x1434px
>>52807072
That makes me think they "levitate" in the same way a skelecopter gets airborne.
>>
File: Magnus with Combi Power Fists.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus with Combi Power Fists.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52807072
>>52807130
>>52807172
>>52807184
Fucking Muscle Wizards
>>
>>52807119
>>52807098
>t. butthurt sons
>>
Right, got my Imperial Knight all built and ready for me to whack magnets into. Are they any different in 30k? I see them around a bit, but if I wanted one as a LoW do I just use the usual rules?
>>
File: Assymetrical surprise2.png (282KB, 363x305px) Image search: [Google]
Assymetrical surprise2.png
282KB, 363x305px
>>52807358
>Complains about Scythe thievery
>Lumps me with the damn witches
Not everyone can handle Phosphex, I guess. Lay off for a while.
>>
File: 99560102188_CalasTyphon01.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560102188_CalasTyphon01.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>52807390
>his first captain is a witch
>makes you the bitch
>>
>>52806787

I feel its less of an issue then people make it out to be. Between the insanely expensive Praetors, support characters and other cool goodies you can get, you get points strapped real fast and real easy. Usually, a ML 3 preator means spending something around the 200pts on your first HQ choice, and with the TS rules, you are essentially forced to take at the very least, a pair of characters.
>>
>>52807390
DG players are a meme.
>>
>>52807481
Listen, as long as they're properly priced witches in terminator suits it's fine, and giving them Force weapons does make a lot of sense...
BUT GIVING THEM 2W WAS A MISTAKE
Especially when Gorgons don't have 2W. We discussed this a few threads ago.
>>
File: 1486812365244.png (345KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486812365244.png
345KB, 500x500px
>>52807445
Fucking piece of shit Calas. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>52807087
There's some evidence that the units we thought were undercosted in Inferno aren't so bad because their armies tend to be small and unresilient. And maybe we were understimating the TSons' perils of the warp pinning tests.

But it's really strange that Inferno had a bunch of undercosted units, cheaper upgrades than in previous books... and then in the SW's case, the same old overcosted legion-specific Terminators that a bunch of legions get. They're not alone by any means. imo, it's hard to justify paying the extra points for the the special termies if you pay EC, SW, IH, UM, or AL. That's five that aren't worth it, vs. 6 that are (IW, WE, DG, TS, SoH, Sallies).
>>
>>52807536
>Sayeth the AL double agent disguised as a Gal Daemon.
Can't a man scythe peacefully, without fear of someone stealing our tools?
>>
File: med_gallery_79873_10492_68538.jpg (28KB, 328x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_gallery_79873_10492_68538.jpg
28KB, 328x480px
>>52807558
Just use a Blade of Perdition and pretend their one wound :^)
>>
>>52807119
>those power scythe theiving yiffs
what are you talking about?
>>
File: Fulmentarus_Terminator_Squad.jpg (190KB, 648x593px) Image search: [Google]
Fulmentarus_Terminator_Squad.jpg
190KB, 648x593px
>>52807581
"No," says the man of Macragge, "it belongs to the Emperor!"
>>
>>52807558
Yeah. Gorgons are supposed to be bionically part of their armor and have extensive-beyond-medusan-immortal cybernetic upgrades. Their gear is good for the price, but they're supposed to be as hard as fire drakes in the fluff, but not nearly so in the crunch. They really ought to be 2W
>>
>>52807622
Their "Great Frost Blade" is identical to a Power Scythe, except I think it's Mastercrafted. I remember my DG mate getting very incensed about it
>>
>>52807577
>And maybe we were understimating the TSons' perils of the warp pinning tests.
Oh noooo! A Pinning test! If only the unit wasn't Ld9 Stubborn and wasn't clad in Cataphractii armour so it couldn't overwatch and attacked at I1 most of the time to begin with!
>>
>>52807622
Great Frost Blade has nigh identical rules to Power Scythes.
>>
>>52807649
Well that's shit. But the Scythe gets an extra attack if you fight more than one dude tho, surely the yiff blade doesn't do that?
>>
File: IW BA.png (379KB, 599x309px) Image search: [Google]
IW BA.png
379KB, 599x309px
>>52807614
>tfw you can have up to three Blades of Perdition, you don't need your opponent's permission to use them and they're better than all those AP3 Rending relics
>>
>>52807649
Yes, it's MC'd and only available to Preators, Centurions and SW specific units, where as any DG Character can take a power scythe.
>>
File: awoo.jpg (79KB, 680x785px) Image search: [Google]
awoo.jpg
79KB, 680x785px
>>52807673
Only better because Mastercrafted and on WS5 termies >:3
Awoooo
>>
>>52807685
What do you think "identical" means?
>>
>>52807713
Wolf Guard don't get it, only the sword (despite the fact no such thing exists), axe and claw.
>>
>>52807699
Oh, and the frost blade tends to be more expensive, since where the scythe is bought at the cost of a power fist, the great frost blade is power weapon +10pts., which makes it quite consistently 5pts. more expensive than a power fist.
>>
>>52807643
2W should be very rare and very expensive. Justaerin are barely justified in having it, imo. Sekhmet are not; survivability is not what they're supposed to be known for. I wouldn't hand it out to even more units. Give Gorgons better Initiative if they're integrated into their suits. Okay, that'd be weird for IW. T5?

>>52807660
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you... just trying to be less negative today.
>>
>>52807825
>2W should be very rare and very expensive
Completely agree. I was against Justaerin having 2W, kinda still am, since their status as being traitor counterparts of Custodians is almost laughable, but 2W does make sense for the traditionally resilient legions like IH/DG&Sal.
WE get a special mention because they're meant to be really scary for players, but considering a powerfist kill will mean -2W on a single attack, perhaps a different solution could have been achieved. Like actually giving them Fear or imposing a -1Ld penalty on the squad they charge. Or something like that.
Like I have said before, Justaerins getting 2W on top of their other rules kind of feels like an apology for how expensive they used to be, which.
>Okay, that'd be weird for IW. T5?
T5 Tyrant's? Nah, they don't really need it. I mean they progressively became cyborgs, but that was after the heresy right? With chaos mutations and stuff. Back in the day they were just bitter people in termie suits.
>just trying to be less negative today.
The daily struggle...
>>
>>52808206
Dammit, meant T5 for IH, not IW. Freakin' ferrums.
>>
>>52807660

The real issue here is that Tsons have for the most part, no way to negate perils, which in an army that relies as much as the Tsons on Psykers to win, that is a major issue. Combine this with the highest HQ tax of all legions it isn't the problem that it would have been in other legions, especially that Allying them to other legions for maximal cheese is nearly impossible due to the requirement of the warlord being a Psyker.

As somebody that played Tzeench WoC in Fantasy 6th ed, i know how deadly miscasts/perils can be, and how they can easily throw you the game.
>>
>>52807692
Jump pack 2 wound termies with feel no pain fearless and blades of perdition on everyone when?
>>
>>52808245
Makes sense, yeah.
Thousand Sons can buy psychic powers for their termies, but Sekhmets go full witch.
Thus, it makes sense that, despite vanilla IH termies are already T5 at range due to Inviolable armour, Gorgons go a step beyond by becoming base T5 even in melee. Now give that 2W and you won't give a fuck they're wearing 5++ Indomitus Fulgrim Flash pattern.
>>
>>52808290
>Jump pack 2 wound termies with feel no pain fearless and blades of perdition on everyone when?
Oh you jest, but FW...
Angelus, guaranteed.
>>
>>52808289
But miscasts in fantasy seem more deadly than perils have ever been. As long as you can roll lower than 10 the worst that happens is losing a wound.
>>
>>52807825
>>52808206
To be honest every aspect of the Sekhmet makes no sense.

Known for being automata-like -> Stubborn? Really? That sounds like Fearless.

Known for their diverse and potent psychic potential -> Two disciplines.

??? -> Cheap combi weapons? What?

??? -> Legion elite, WS/BS4?

??? -> W2, wot?
>>
>>52808245
So t5 plus inviolate armor? That'd be t6 vs shooting. That would make them scary prospects in a firefight. But I think I like that idea.
>>
What are people's expectations for the Dark Mechanicum in Angelus?

"RoW" like variant army, similar to Cybernetica and Reductor compared to Taghmata?

It's own version of Taghmata, with multiple spinoffs like Cybernetica and Reductor?

Focus on robots, or flesh forging?
>>
>>52808289
>The real issue here is that Tsons have for the most part, no way to negate perils
You want GUARANTEED WITCHERY?! How greedy can the TS be!
The same with the "tax". Reminder that WBs need two HQs, while your warlord needs only to be a ML1 Praetor, because the requirement is for a psyker with the highest leadership, not the highest Mastery. Which is also a thing you'd always buy even if it wasn't a requirement, I'll call you a liar if you say you're not buying it with a smile on your face.
Also, it's not like you're the only one who gets Pinning tests, the UMs get them too. And you only get them if you go OVERBOARD with the witchery, which hillariously is something the Thousand Sons apparently can't bring themselves to moderate.
>>
Anyone have that Dorn/Perturabo fusion from a month or two ago?
>>
>>52807825
>>52808206
>Two wound Justaerin
As a SoH player, the only reason why they ended up being two wound was an apology to how unusable they were initially, albiet I fear a potential similar treatment to the Reavers considering their current state

>Traitor Custodes counterpart
Are they supposed to be that though?
>>
File: Dornturabo.png (284KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
Dornturabo.png
284KB, 300x380px
>>52808429
Worse-than-lobotomized Thallax are still Stubborn, so that's the least of the issues here, but yeah, ONLY two disciplines? Without fully going through the Main Rulebook I'd say yeah, give them access to any of the associated Cabal disciplines.
But cheap combi-weapons and 2W are completely UNDESERVED and make no sense.
BS/WS4 isn't that much of an issue. They probably spend more time studying ancient wizardy texts than practicing accuracy with their cheap combi-weapons, and there's precedent of other legion specific termies being WS4, like Deathshrouds (probably because of the nigh unwieldy weapon), Gorgons (who are also I3 despite being integrated to their TDAs) and Tyrants.
Huh, on a second thought perhaps there's something off with those termies as well...
>>52808566
I gotchu.
>>
>>52808635
Pretty much. Though BS also affects witchfires.
>>
>>52808482
I know right, there's a 1 in 36 chance that when TS use two dice for a power something goes wrong ! If they don't roll a 5 or 6 afterwards and pass the Ld. test that is. Those odds are just unacceptable.
>>
>>52807825
>Justaerin are barely justified in having it, imo.
I don't know, aren't Justaerin supposed to be the 1st company only? Makes sense to have the best be 2W.
>>
>>52808289
>no way to negate perils
Other than the piece of wargear that does that?
>>
>>52808937
Does it? Custodes, no doubt. Gal Vorbak? Yes, of course. Various AdMech shitters? Sure, it's their thing. Anything beyond that is pretty damn iffy. I could see arguments made for Gorgons due to their absurd augmentations and for a variety of unit champions/sergeants, but beyond that nothing should have 2W, I feel.
>>
>>52809050
But only once per battle, I mean what if you roll perils twice ! Such drawback, much penalty, so ouch.
>>
Did TS fall to the Flesh Change because of overwitching, or just at random?
I mean, if you're a responsible psyker and don't over do it, then you pretty much will never peril, let alone become a spawn or something like that.
I mean, I heard epileptic seizures could be reduced by living healthyly as if you were a 60 year old person, like no loud music, no going to bed too late and such.
If that is the case, that'd be a quite irresponsible TS habit. Like drug abuse but with psychic power.
It'd call for a censure :^)
>>
>>52809050
Worth noting this.

The issue is that Sekhmet are undercosted base, not that they can RAW pick powers, and there's a Rite that encourages going full witch with them.

They especially stand out because most everything else in a TS list ends up more expensive than comparable units in other forces.
By the time you add MLs, shred bolt weapons, litanies, take two ICs, pretty much all your units are what, 20 to 50 points more expensive? Something like that.
TS don't just have an HQ tax, they have a TS tax, a TS list with the shit that makes them TS has spent 100-200 points on options and gear. That's quad mortars, javelins or a venator.

So you can see that they made Sekhmet stupidly cheap to add some balance back, but it's way too much, as it's easy to just run loads of Sekhmet.

A TS list relies on the player not being a WAACfag. Fortunately, it normal games with your club or whatever, that can be encouraged, or might not even happen.
The problem for the scene in general is that in events you get WAAC players who pollute the idea that TS shouldn't be dickheads.
Then throw in the temptation to be a cock with Magnus when he comes out. A Crimson Guard army played ruthlessly is going to be cancer.

I think actually playing most TS people will be fine, apart from things taking longer with the extra phase.

I'm interested to see how Custodes progress more than TS, they're more popular and seem very strong.
>>
>>52809223
This. A further increase of Toughness requires a major bodily modification on an already posthuman being. Or a bike.
Thing is, if astartes are only arguably still men, then those T5 things are less so.

What do you think of Deathshrouds and Firedrakes, though? Should their legendary resilience be better represented through other rules?
>>
Holy shit, this thread has been like the Council of Nikea, exposing TS sins. I like that.
Even Dorn and Perturabo agreed on that one.
>>
>>52809253
Inferno pretty much confirms that the Flesh Change was just Tzeentch fucking the Thousand Sons over.

During the battle on Prospero, there were a lot of chaos rifts and such towards the end. Near those rifts large amounts of TS fell to the flesh change ... but almost exact the same amount of Space Wolves near them turned to Wulfen almost instantly.
Add that to the 'malevolent savior' who 'helped' Magnus save the Thousand Sons from the flesh change the first time, and the flesh change re-appearing at the most unconvenient moment, and it is basically certain Tzeentch just could not stop trolling the Thousand Sons for a second.
>>
>>52809253
It was 'random' in the sense that Tzeentch orchestrated the events in which they overwitched.
He gave them loaded dice on their Perils tests.
>>
File: Avoid Perils of the Warp..jpg (188KB, 933x974px) Image search: [Google]
Avoid Perils of the Warp..jpg
188KB, 933x974px
>>52809321
>>52809330
If only the Space Wolves didn't turn up on the 8th of June.
>>
>>52809359
Or August.
>>
>>52809304
Firedrakes and Deathshrouds should just get FnP. It's still a tremendous increase in durability but it's not quite in the realm of heroes a second woulnd implies them to be.
>>
>>52809420
That's a bit generic imo, anyone with a spare hq slot can give regular termies FNP. Needs to be something unique.
>>
which is the best legions to shatter together for a super termie team-up force
>>
>>52809491
All 18.
>>
>>52809497
was there ever a time when all 18 fought together? i swear even ullanor had absentees
>>
New bread
>>52809536
>>52809536
>>52809536
>>
>>52809469
Okay, sure. But what? T5 and W2 are out, FnP is boring, AP reduction complicated and rerollable saves are the devil. So where to go from there?
Giving them a Loken-like one-off ability to not-die-when-killed would result in a lot of book keeping, which the game doesn't need more of.
>>
>>52809497
I want my legion megazord and I want it now
>>
>>52809535
Probably very early, like during the conquering of the Sol system or something. Thought they were only barely different legions back then.
>>
>>52809535
I'd like to think there was an Olympic Games: Astartes Edition.

Otherwise, no. There may have been representatives of every legion at Ullanor before the Triumph, but I don't think it's been said outright.

>>52809491
Firedrakes, Justaerin, and Sekhmets to boost all three.

Or maybe Phoenix Terminators instead of Justaerin - not as good in isolation, but if you use the Firedrakes to prevent them from getting charged then they'll get the +1I and wreck face. Or should Red Butchers take the offensive role? With Siege Tyrants in the background. Dammit, this is hard!
>>
>>52809617
firedrakes are basically a must. death guard ones are pretty solid as hitters, though i dont know if they edge over red butchers or gorgons
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.