[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 55

File: I Accidently All The Mana.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
I Accidently All The Mana.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
"Mistakes were made" Edition

Previously: >>52767571

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's the worst misplay you've seen someone come back from to win it? That you've personally come back from?
>>
>>52787549
fecundity, inheritance, culling dias, carnage altar, greater good ( greater good would probably be terrible for tokens Honestly )
>>
>>52787674
A lot of traditional green draw still works. Primordial Sage, Soul of the Harvest, Collective Unconscious...
>>
Is Dark Confidant good in EDH with a medium-low mana curve? I need more card draw in my deck to keep up with the spiky Blue decks at my LGS
>>
>>52787825

It's pretty decent
>>
>>52787517
I both own and play that card, 'cause fuck it and fuck you.
>>
>>52787825
Eeh? Most of the time I'd rather have Phyrexian Arena in anything but combo and Necropotence in combo. But, singleton format, it's not the world's worst Arena #2. For me, at least, Confidant does too little at too high a cost to be worth the price it rightly commands for its dominance in other formats. I guess it's a little like Tarmogoyf that way, except while 'Goyf would be retarded to run in commander Confidant can at least still pull its weight, just not its weight plus the weight of the dollars to get it.
>>
Why does commander have 40 life?
>>
>>52788054
Spirit of the Format, etc.
>>
so is eldrazi displacer the best flicker enabler? i'm imagining getting mad value out of ulvenwald hydra and eternal witness.
>>
>>52788088

Requiring colorless mana is kinda annoying deck building wise but yeah I think it's probably the best
>>
>>52788088
Now throw in a Panharmonicon and Sad Robo or other neat things.
>>
>>52788124
>Sad Robo
?
>>
>>52788281
Solemn simulacrum.
>>
>>52788054
Presumably to help mitigate against everyone ganging up on one person with a weak start/more threatening deck choice. Thing is the format has begun to lean on top end threats to the point where some decks dont even swing untill they have lethal.
>>
>>52788088
Friend of mine actually built a commander deck around his impact tremors standard pile. Naya value using the partners as the head(s) and token/value nonsense.
>>
File: Solemn Simulacrum_MR.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Solemn Simulacrum_MR.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>52788124
>>52788297
We call him Jens
>>
>>52788054
More time to build mana to play stupid huge cards
>>
File: mtgstorage.jpg (26KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
mtgstorage.jpg
26KB, 500x336px
Do you sleeve up all your conmander decks even if they aren't valuable? If so what containers hold sleeved decks well? Been using stuff like pic related for unsleeved stuff but they feel too snug for regular sleeves
>>
>>52788772
I sleeve only decks i have at the moment, the rest of the cards sit in storage unsleeved or with penny sleeves if it's an expensive card. No need to put decks i don't play in storage, i just buy yet another of those cheap deckboxes and shove it in there sleeved ready to be played in case i change my mind.
>>
>>52787517
Shit, that could be fun in a domain deck, for shits and giggles. The cumulative upkeep kills it, though.
>>
>>52788772
I sleeve all my decks, even Ashling and the 99 Mountains.

I double sleeve even my pauper decks.
>>
>>52788772
i sleeve all of them. its not that expensive. im starting to want to get bigger boxes though
>>
>>52788088
Dead-Eye Navigator is also pretty famous.
Honorable mention to Astral Slide, Venser, Skybind, Brago, Conjurer's Closet, Identity Thief and Mistmeadow Witch.
>>
>>52788772
If it goes for play at anything other than my own house or the home of specific members of my immediate family (aka places where the environment is fairly controlled) it gets sleeves. I'm also way more zealous about sleeving commander decks than 60 card, often doing so just as a matter of course. Why? Well, I've got a great riffle shuffle honed over north of 20 years to not bend cards like autists scream about proper shuffling doing, but I can only pull it off with unsleeved decks of, oh, 80 cards or less. Since I can't shuffle EDH properly anyway, the sleeves make it WAY easier to do a mash shuffle that's almost as good as my practiced riffle
>>
Anything from Amonkhet calling to you?

I'm tempted to make a Hapatra deck and just have snakes all over the place
>>
>>52788054
Because it's a timmy format for big dumb timmy things and timmies prefer more time to set up and do funny shit
>>
File: 1484167282056.jpg (11KB, 446x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484167282056.jpg
11KB, 446x500px
>>52789162
are you implying that's a bad thing?
>>
>>52789137
Haptra -1/-1 counter tribal with some good infinite options, maybe infect plan c

As Foretold looks awesome

I want to make Approach of the Second Sun work, at least in WU where it shouldn't be too hard to scry/draw/remand my way to that second cast. It's a one-card wincon, that's at least worth investigating further.
>>
>>52789137
As Foretold has a place in a few of my decks with blue identities.
Prowling Serpopard fits in a good few of my mono-G decks and is making me want to build a Ruric Thar "don't control me ever again" deck.
>>
>>52789186
Not at all, I'm just explaining that that is, ultimately, the reason that it's 40 life. I'm as timmy as it gets, I don't even like winning, I just get deep satisfaction by "doing" whatever the deck I build is "meant to do".
>>
>>52788054
Because having a life pad lets commander be the big format of complicated games its Johnny/Timmy designers wanted it to be, rather than rocket tag.

Mostly.
>>
File: shelteredthicket.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
shelteredthicket.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>52789137
Not at all. I've been anticipating this set ever since it was first announced and it turned out to be quite the turd for my tastes. Probably the only thing I'd really want is any of the new cycling duals, especially pic related.
>>
>>52789288
How the shit did I overlook the fact that they have basic land types? Jesus Christ I'm excited now.
>>
>>52789137
minotaurs
>>
File: skyshroudclaim.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
skyshroudclaim.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52789387
Gotta have those Skyshroud Claim synergies.
>>
File: YmfqkQ0Qqc.jpg (230KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
YmfqkQ0Qqc.jpg
230KB, 750x450px
Just found an old BW good-stuff deck I had built ages ago.

Is there any actually decent Ayli builds, or tech that really hold up? Or will dropping a ton of rocks to pay for all the expensive activated abilities just eat my hand?

I don't want to go combo, just something more resilient.
>>
>>52789137
As a Green player, the only vaguely interesting thing is the Green god and maybe the artifact hoser beast. That aside, the cycle duals are just about it. Terrible set, even by the rock-bottom standards of nuMagic.
>>
>>52789137
Not at all. I might still go to the prerelease, though, and see what it plays like in Limited.
>>
>>52789600
Vizier of the Menagerie isn't interesting for you? Or are you playing some weird monoG spellslinger
>>
>>52789625
Oh yeah, that thing. It's alright I guess. Green doesn't have a ton of scry effects that synergize with it so it doesn't exactly blow my mind but it's certainly cool. Mostly I'm butthurt that it's a """"naga"""" instead of a snake. Because we're in such danger of breaking Orochi decks, I guess.
>>
Amonkhet feels like they played it too safe. Glorybringer feels like the only risk the set is taking. Just wish that they did more with the gods as they're easily the most disappointing thing about the set
>>
>>52789697
>scry effects
>instead of just shuffling your deck over and over from fetching lands

Honestly though, Amonkhet is unironically a great set for EDH, new generals aside.
>>
>>52789137
Archfiend of Ifnir gives me the nefarious thoughts of -1/-1 for days
>>
>>52789697
Sensei's Divining Top is colorless
>>
>>52789137
Commit//Memory is so damn good I don't know why people aren't talking about it. It's only bad if your deck is running green or white.

Pretty much if you are in a position where you think chaos warp is good this card is incredible, the only reason I think people aren't talking about it is so they can pick up foil copies cheap on release.
>>
>>52789864
>overcosted Flametongue Kavu was their only risk
>>
>>52791381
Is it really that good? I want to like it, but holding 4 mana feels painful.
>>
>>52791451
>Holding
That's just it, it's a counterspell and a wonky vindicate. If you don't leave 4 mana up to counter their threat you can still just shove it in their library.

When late game hits it will be easier to hold up the mana against spells you need to stop like Genesis wave or TnN.

Also if you hit topdeck mode it's a wheel. And it's graveyard hate.
>>
>>52791518
you're still committing 2 turns to doing something that the first turn is pretty weak, and the second turn you tap 6 to wheel, meaning someone else will likely get the benefits first.
>>
>>52792308
Woah, you never have to wheel. Its just a freebie if you really need cards or graveyard hate. The most important part of the spell is Commit. Going into your library, even two cards down is better than graveyard IMHO with all the recursion in the format.

If you are in white or green this won't seem as attractive, but if you are someone that thinks chaos warp is good this card is pretty much just better. I have literally chaos warped combo pieces only for them to flip the same piece back (after a cut even), not to mention shit like chaos warping a turn 3 rhystic for them to flip omniscience or Jin gitaxis.

The question is, is 1 mana more worth it to never be fucked by chaos warp, to be able to counter spells with chaos warp, and to get a bonus time twister if you want it.
>>
>>52792474
Except the Timetwister is 6 fucking mana, and without library manipulation Commit is a shitty Delay.

If it was going to kill me I would have never let it resolve in the first place.
>>
>>52792534
>without library manipulation Commit is a shitty Delay.
Disagree, without library manipulation it's a better tempo play then delay since they have to spend a draw getting back that thing they already had and mana to recast, as opposed to no draws and no mana for delay.
>>
>>52792534
> Commit is a shitty Delay
I'm sorry, I didn't realize delay made them pay for the card again, put them down a card, and could hit all nonland permanents as well as spells.

>If it was going to kill me I would have never let it resolve in the first place

>I'm such a powerful blue mage and so skilled I can counter everything and nothing my opponents play ever resolves!

Sure thing bub.
>>
I've got a brutal desire to build, but no Commanders interest me at all right now, it's a weird withdraw sort of feeling.
>>
File: you.jpg (26KB, 473x586px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
26KB, 473x586px
>>52792534
>If it was going to kill me I would have never let it resolve in the first place.
>>
File: cronch.png (28KB, 116x81px) Image search: [Google]
cronch.png
28KB, 116x81px
>>52792474
being the original replyer: It's true you don't have to wheel, and in a mono blue deck, this card would make decent removel if you can't afford vensor or similar cards that counter things to the bottom of libraries.

However, topdeck manipulation is available in all colors, as is instant speed draw. Chances are they'll just scumble back into that card anyway, and unless it's a craterhoof or another 5+ mana kill option (I' just ignoring color requirements here but if it's hard to cast chances are they have fixing) they can just recast it the next turn most likely.

However this is a great Mana rock tempo card if you need to slow them down past turn 6 if that's where you want to be.

Of course I could just be wrong, I have yet to playtest it.
>>
>>52792763
>>52792648
>>52792576
Yeah, I couldn't hold up 0 mana for a Pact but I've got four mana sitting right here for this junk rare.

Don't worry though as I'll just spend 6 mana on my turn to wheel, that's bound to put me so far ahead.
>>
>>52793115
I'd your argument against this card is just that it's not as good as pact, one of the best cards in the format, then it's a lot better than even I was thinking it was.

I was just thinking it's better than chaos warp.
>>
Best general for Golgari tokens? Was thinking Meren to reanimate the engines but I feel like there's someone better out there.
>>
>>52793115
Oh boy what do I even address?

>Comparing every counterspell to PoN
How many of those do you have in your 99, bub? PoN and Force are great... for protecting and protecting against combo. You want blue premium removal though, you pay mana.

>Implying you have to wheel
Because we all know aftermath cards are just like those pacts you like; you have to pay next turn. You can't just have the option on hook, expanding your effective 'hand' until you need it.

>He doesn't see the point in wheeling
Credit where it's due, 6 is a good deal to actually PAY for your Time Spiral/Day's Undoing. But not every deck that runs blue is "Blargh, my hand is full at all times" drawfag. Some of them are Animar, or affinity-related and vomit their hands onto the field, where mana is cheap and cards are at a premium at which point 6 mana for a draw 7 don't mind if I do. and some are Leovold, where wheeling is always an option. And it's mana-expensive... but Card-free. You don't have to waste a draw on getting that effect, you already got a counterspell, (Hard versus commanders because no one's going to let themselves get tucked with a wheel showing, decent psuedo versus everything else) a 1-for-1(-ish) trade, out of the draw.

It's hardly Wizards' gift to EDH. Would I ever run either half alone? Fuck no. Am I going to run it? Fuck no, Aftermath is eye cancer bad enough that I don't really care what the rules text is anymore But it can certainly find a home somewhere.
>>
>>52793224
It's really not though.

Chaos Warp is for combo pieces that you were going to have to answer or you would lose the game.

This is like a shitty "everybody loses out" Remand, which puts you two behind any other players in the game.
>>
>>52793313
>Chaos Warp is for combo pieces that you were going to have to answer or you would lose the game

I have literally lost by doing this though. They can flip the same card you target, or a card that fulfills the same purpose in the combo. That's impossible here, you never waste your mana giving them back the same thing.

>This is like a shitty "everybody loses out" Remand, which puts you two behind any other players in the game

You are aware you just described all spot removal right?
>>
>>52793313
>This is like a shitty "everybody loses out" Remand, which puts you two behind any other players in the game.
You mean like practically every source of spot removal in the game?
>>
I need your help, guys
I want to build a control deck with Kraum and Ishai. Are they good beaters? What wincon should I run?
>>
>>52793232
ishkanah

there's also nath if you like card advantage and all the spiders are 2spooky
>>
File: LilianaDeathsMajesty.jpg (104KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
LilianaDeathsMajesty.jpg
104KB, 223x311px
>>52789137
Liliana, Death's Majesty stands out at the moment since it could replace my Liliana, the Last Hope.
>>
>>52793458
>>52793465
>Calling out "Commit is Remand" fag

The best part is that Commit is actually way better than remand because they actually go a card down while remand puts them at +0 cards and -mana only.
>>
>>52793481
corrupted conscience
grafted exoskeleton
multiple combat phases
comet storm
land destruction
>>
>>52793530
It's a multiplayer game and you're 1-for-1ing an opponent, Remand is very close to being strictly better.

>>52793458
At least earlier you were arguing you never needed to cast Memory, now it's a required part of this 10 mana combo disruption?

>Chaos Warp could flip into the same card
Yeah it could also flip into not that card 80/81 times.
>>
>>52793530
Not the same guy, but Remand is good because it cantrips meaning even if your opponent's at +0 cards, so are you. It's purely for tempo.

Commit is more like a Vanishment combined with a Memory Lapse, except it also:
>tucks one card deeper
>ignores "can't be countered"
>has a Time Reversal slapped onto its ass
>>
>>52793613
I never said memory was required though?
>>
>>52793669
>>52793613
Color me retarded, I forgot the cantrip on Remand.
>>
what are the best draw spells in blue?
>>
>>52793858
Deep Analysis
Stroke of Genius
Consecrated Sphinx
Dig Through Time
Treasure Cruise
Rhystic Study (depends on how competent your group is)

Honorable Mentions:
Mulldrifter (flicker or reanimation shenanigens)
Opportunity
Blue Sun's Zenith
>>
>>52793858
phyrexian arena
>>
>>52793955
What's your opinion on Foresee?
>>
>>52794190
Foremana.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 190x265px
Among the piles of shit stands at least one good commander, it's Hazoret. Hear me out, red can definitely do mono red equipment, and artifact reanimator at the same time if you're savvy. Voltron focus on Hazoret, and plays of swapping a sword out for Steel Hellkite. You got them options.

Playing to a red reanimator minimizes the sweat from her cost, and that small amount of burn definitely adds up. In an esoteric way, you could almost see it as a +2/+0 to Hazoret, that hits whether she does or not. It'll all be fun trust me
>>
>>52794313
I like your enthusiasm but your commander is shit.
>>
>>52794365
Nah brah, it'll be fine. I don't mean to say it's gonna be Karador or anything, but it'll certainly work and win.
>>
>>52794313
Mono Red has like five total reanimation cards ffs, i don't know know why you think there's a deck here.
>>
>>52794190
Foresee is pretty okay-ish. Literally unplayable garbage in stron meta but playable in low power
>>
>>52794683
Because of Daretti decks exist
>>
What are the best stax pieces in monogreen that synergize well with mana dorks? I already have ritual of subdual and winter orb, and I'm thinking of null rod.

Also, should I run any cultivate-style ramp in a deck with a critical mass of mana dorks? I'm building Seton.
>>
>>52794729
A source of repeatable reanimation in the command zone is entirely different from five cards in no tutors no card draw, the color.
>>
>>52794790
Root Maze

Maybe just the three drop ones, is it Seton combo?
>>
>>52794790
Null Rod is good. Ritual of Subdual is ok. the whole tax/tap package (Winter Orb, Static Orb, Sphere of Resistance, Thorn of Amethyst, Trinisphere, etc.) still works fine. Smokestack itself of course. I for one like Freyalise's Winds if you've got a Patron of the Orochi or something to break the symmetry. Even if you don't it's surprisingly OK
>>
>>52794927
I'd forgotten completely about smokestack, thanks.
>>52794904
Root maze is a little to small as an effect I think.
And it depends, I have plenty of ways to make infinite mana and a bunch of ways to make infinite draw, and most of my wins are probably gonna consist of either craterhoof, kamahl, helix pinnacle or gilt-leaf archdruid, I assume that counts as combo. I'm not gonna load up on tutors though, my playgroup isn't a fan of too many tutors.
>>
>>52787674
Don't forget about Druid's Repository.
Sure it isn't card draw, but the metric fuckton of mana it'll generate speaks for itself.
>>
>>52795021
Seton combo involves chaining Glimpse effects and drawing your deck.

I think you're underestimating Root Maze.
>>
>>52794886
Yes, but the deck is only bringing a small amount in conjunction with equipment. We don't need repeatable, we only need the 7 or so options in the mix.
>>
>>52795116
Yeah, that's basically my gameplan. I call it druidstorm though.

And I don't know, I'll try root maze out but I'm not sure if a 1 turn delay on lands and artifacts is worth it.
>>
>>52794313
the only playable-as-commander god is Kefnet. He's still shit, because there's 'infinite mana: win game' commanders in multiple colors which makes them better.
>>
>>52795196
not him, but Hazoret's unique. Low-tier, but she's got a couple routes to dealing with her condition and capitalizing on the payoff. >>52794313 wants voltron, I'd like to see a kind of "Wipe and murder" plan with Devastating Dreams and a shitton of madness and ramp to kick people out of the game. I don't know that the cards exist to make a full deck out of it when she doesn't include Black, but I'd love to poke at it.

Rhonas, Bontu, and Oketra inspire nothing.
>>
>>52795292
Nothing at all. I'm devastated that Oketra doesn't at least make cats for some use with Raksha or Royal Caracle. For shame.
>>
Since there were originally 8 gods and 3 are missing, on top of the fact that the gods are going to play s big part in the next set too, can't we expect to seenat least 3 more, if not multicolored versions of the ones we have? Like the Dragonlords of Tarkir situation.
>>
>>52795366
They just turned Ajani green white again for standard. And wrapped him up into the story. Ajani and GW Oketra making cats and fighting against the liar God Bolas? Or like Blue Black, Bontu of the Luxa. Incorporate some blue with the croc aspect. The Anubis inspired one will finally have black in her.
>>
>>52795392
I also want to point out they printed a whole ton of mana fixing artifacts and all those awful, but multi colored, aftermath spells
>>
>>52795366
They're probably dead, Jim.
>>
>>52793955
>no compulsive research
>no thirst for knowledge
>no frantic search
>no arcanis

you can do better than that
>>
>>52793858
In no particular order, my favorite:
Blue Sun's Zenith
FoF
Dig
Cruise
Dack Fayden
Windfall
>>
>>52793955
>>52795678
Would you guys say that Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise are good enough even if you have very little mill/discard/cheap spells to fill up the graveyard?
>>
>>52795802
I think without an abundance of cantrips and looting Cruise probably isn't great, but Dig is still amazing.
>>
File: glacial chasm.jpg (29KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
glacial chasm.jpg
29KB, 200x287px
Is there a reason this isn't played a lot in slow decks with alternate wincons like Oloro and Nekusar or in decks that want to stall for time like Mizzix and Jhoira?
>>
>>52795802
Dig and Cruise are good with EITHER some decent self-mill play or poor other graveyard play.

The graveyard is basically dead to W and R, B recurs creatures and G can recur anything but generally only has the oomph for your most important to fish back pieces. That means, in just about any deck not built around utilizing the graveyard for other reasons, there are bound to be quite a few cards that end up there and will, unless delved or something like it, just sit there until the end of the game. Might as well take advantage of that resource a little.
>>
File: Untitled.png (460KB, 854x766px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
460KB, 854x766px
I bought a treasure chest on mtgo for shits and giggles to round out an order.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How do I build this motherfucker to be terminal cancer?
>>
Damn it, zombies have never drawn me before and I have tried to avoid being like every other damn zombie deck. But now there are going to be black/white zombies. It is veeeery tempting.
>>
>>52795922
1) People are scared of the Cumulative Upkeep. It gets really steep really fast
2) It's a land that doesn't produce mana, so bringing out is an annoying investment of resources.

I personally like it in Gitrog with Loam/Crucible. I never pay the upkeep, I just sac it, draw my card, and re-drop it second main. Anything with a Loam shell could probably run it that way but you want extra land drops so you can still move forward and Gitrog promises that.
>>
>>52795965
Windfall & dark deal in the 99.
>>
>>52795965
Wheels within wheels friendo.

Or at least, a zillion wheels, partner in crime Notion Thief, tons of 'symmetrical' draw, anything that does "Draw then discard" so you can say "naw, just discard". He's basically Chains of Mephistopheles: the Commander. Except he's one-sided.
>>
>>52795965
>first Edric
>now this guy
I wish someone would nuke Trest.
>>
>>52796088
>Conspiracy 3: Marchesa wipes Trest off the Map edition

I can dig it.
>>
>>52796021
I dunno man, not getting punched/burned for 2 full turns for a total of 2 life or 3 turns for 6 life doesn't sound too bad. You wouldn't drop it until mid-late so taking up a land drop isn't very relevant, in which case it's like a hard to remove artifact/enchantment with a mana cost of nothing but "sacrifice a land".

It's fully possible that I only like it so much because of its beautiful art and foiling, though.
>>
>>52795965
>treasure chests

what what now?

also: is commander fun on MTGO?
>>
>>52796225

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/announcing-treasure-chests-2016-09-29

Treasure chests are basically curated boosters that have selected cards in them from a range of sets etc. They're not great but they're sometimes easy money when you pull an ancestral recall out of them.

Also commander is reasonably ok on mtgo, I play it more out of necessity because the commander scene around my part of the woods is fucking dead.
>>
>>52795922
upkeep cost will kill you really fast unless you built with a workaround in mind. i use it in a child of alara that has nearly non-existent defense against early aggro. access to all colors means i can play bounce lands when i don't need it
>>
File: il_570xN.194647066.jpg (37KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.194647066.jpg
37KB, 500x438px
Hey I have a deck normally sleeved, but it uses transform cards. And I like keeping my transform cards in the thicker plastic card sleeves (pic).

What would be the best kind of deck box/case/way-to-carry them with my deck.
>>
>>52796381
are you autistic? how do you shuffle?
just double sleeve your cards
>>
File: g4cc1x3ges_en.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
g4cc1x3ges_en.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
>>52796394
>are you autistic?
Are you...? You don't shuffle them.
>>
>>52796394
You misunderstood retard.
>>
>>52796416
oh dude im sorry I misread that as you sleeved your deck with those rigid cards
>>
Any secret spicy tech I'm missing here that you feel could be added? Most of the deck feels fairly on point. So while I'm not expressly shooting for theme, I like to include it when I can.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-master-of-minds/
>>
File: big b.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
big b.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>52795292
Bontu is just another Black Sac shell commander, which is done better with Thrallman anyways
>>
>>52796548
I see no reason to have Beseech the Queen but not Demonic Tutor or Vampiric Tutor.
They're not that expensive.
>>
>>52796638
Those will probably come later after I get Sneak attack to finish off my Rakdos deck.
>>
>>52796620
desu if you're looking for an indestructible mono-b sac outlet commander, Yahenni is better.
>>
>>52795922
I'd put that in Selenia in a heartbeat if it didn't have the sacrifice or if it produced colorless. -2 turns of curve is too steep.
>>
>friends usually play standard or modern
>build my first edh deck
>hastily throw together a merfolk deck with my old llorwyn cards and sygg, river guide
>manage to get the infinite turn chain with wanderwine prophets in my first game
Merfolk are more cancerous than elves, study shows.
>>
>>52796967
>pulling off a combo that involves resolving a 6 CMC creature, having it survive a turn, then connect, with a repeatable Merfolk token generator
Sounds like your group needs to git gud
>>
File: Reaper_King.jpg (97KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
Reaper_King.jpg
97KB, 350x489px
>>52787517
>That you've personally come back from?

This may be stretching it but I count my Reaper King deck as one big misplay. The only creatures I have in it are scarecrows, the bringers, and Grand Architect (for an infinite mana combo and a few other artifact synergies). As far as other cards are concerned it is most of the sigils, a few mana rocks, and a variety of ways to slow the game down (Norn's Annex, Armageddon, Karn Liberated) while lowering the mana cost of my cards.

I usually only play this deck in large games (4+) and my goal is to set things up so that I can slam down Reaper King on the cheap and follow that up with casting Rite of Replication with the kicker on it. This forces me to destroy 25 permanents which will usually be lands after which I will slowly (or quickly depending on board state) beat my opponent(s) to death.

If things go really bad I usually just play March of the Machines since I tend to have a bunch of artifacts on the field.

The best comeback I ever had was triggering Karn's -14 during a 6 player game when we were down to the last 3 people. The others scooped because we had been at it for three damn hours...
>>
File: 93.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Is Dark Prophecy good in a small Teysa deck?
>>
>>52797676
yes. are you kidding?
>>
>>52789569
Black Market.
>>
File: oh yeah.gif (2MB, 378x288px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.gif
2MB, 378x288px
>>52787517
>biggest comeback

I came back from casting a lategame apocalypse as starke once

One enemy had a fuckload of a lead on me, to the point of 5 combat steps with Aurelia in command zone
>>
what's that other long-term plans card? the art is the same dude
>>
>>52797676
the problem i have with it is that it's situational and overkill in terms of draw. honestly, it seems best as a combo piece or a pseudo-combo piece where it's supposed to give you like 30 cards out of nowhere.

if you just want to keep refueling your hand (like if your board gets rekt), i honestly suggest more goodstuffy forms of draw like promise of power and phyrexian arena etc.

don't let that dissuade you though. it's a cheapo card. just throw it in there for a couple of cards and see if you like it
>>
>>52799132
>cards

games
>>
File: IMG_7490.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7490.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
Convince me not to build Nekusar, /EDHgen/. Yes, I know every list with him at the helm is basically the same and the only differences in card choice are due to budget, and I know that only retards will let him stay on the board or be dissuaded from attacking you because "hurr free cards". But on the other hand, I don't have a grixis commander yet, he has badass art and flavor, and I've been obsessed with being a lich since I knew what a lich was. Oh, and I can get a copy of his beautiful judge promo for only 10 bucks, which is an excellent deal for such a good-looking and commonly-played card.
>>
>>52799464
because you will get bored of it in under 5 games
>>
>>52799464
Get him and build him zombie tribal. Fug bitches, obsess over liches.
>>
>>52799464
Because cancerhugs has exactly two paths that you'll see every game
1. you successfully cancer everyone to death and chuckle
2. you hand your enemies the keys to your own destruction and get obliterated

Like Skullbriar, I find every Nekusar game to blend together and become completely samey. It just doesn't go anywhere different.
>>
>>52799591
Yeah, I'd give up my dick and other flesh to live forever. But what makes him even partially functional as a zombie commander?
>>
>>52799681
For starters he is a zombie, which is a good a reason as any for all the zombie tribal commanders. He is in good colors and he can help you recover from wraths with the card draw.

Alternatively wizard tribal, whichever makes your boner harder.
>>
>>52799591
Hmm, maybe a flavor deck based around liches/other undead could work. Only problem is most lich-related cards suck, and I don't think grixis has a way around all of the "sacrifice shit if you would lose life" cards.
>>
>>52799709
I mean I am a necrophile, but it seems like wizards might work a bit better. Plus, I won't get as much hate as I would with Azami. I don't know, I just feel like he's really made for only one type of deck and is subpar in any other.
>>
>>52799586
>>52799595
The deck being samey doesn't really bother me. Shit, my competitive commander is Yisan, who usually summons the exact same creatures every game. I just want to know if there are any obvious flaws that should scare me off from playing Nekusar.
>>
>>52794313
Ghirapur Orrery could keep you in cards and let you get lands out of your hand.
Probably get a lot of impulse drawing
I would also try tokens to round it out, that way you can make use of rituals and madness cards
Also
Also
Rites of Initiation. Your opponents keep you flush with cards, you discard your entire hand with rites after an impact tremors to go in
>>
>>52799726
The biggest weakness is that he is 5 mana in colors without ramp and a huge target on his head. If you build him as wheels.dec you can be sure he will only survive long enough to Shrek kids if your whole playgroup has downs. Including him but not building your deck around him is the only way to keep him in play, otherwise he dies twice and you will never recast him.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-04-17-big-red/
In process of building this. Any recommendations
>>
>>52799726
>I just want to know if there are any obvious flaws that should scare me off from playing Nekusar.
There's the fact that he's Nekusar, and about 60% of the time you're just giving your enemies their wincon faster and bleeding them for a pittance.
Phyrexian Arena is regarded as a great enchantment. Nekusar gives everyone a Phyrexian Arena. You're not always going to get your Underworld Dreams and Fate Unraveler.
It's just a fact that Nekusar can, does, and will backfire on the regular.
>>
>>52799775
Yeah, his mana cost is very prohibitive, although grixis does have rocks and reanimation at least. So how can I make a deck that synergizes with him, but doesn't need him? I was thinking of something like a deck that has a split focus on pillowfort/forced draw/discard/ some of the new cycling cards, but I don't want to have too much going on at once.
>>
Can someone repost the comic/info graphic that explain why Rakdos, Lord of Riots decks never work? One of my buddies is considering building him, and I feel that image will convince him more than I ever could.
>>
File: zurtheenchanter.hq.jpg (199KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
zurtheenchanter.hq.jpg
199KB, 480x680px
I'm going to build a deck around this guy, are there some spicy cards i could include? I've already gotten propaganda effects
>>
>>52799834
interested in this as well. i was considering this.
>>
What am I missing?
inb4 Time Twister, I can't afford that.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/what-a-weird-wizard-2/
>>
>>52799886
You can always do the astral slide deck and fill it with cycling cards
>>
>>52799016
Parallel Thoughts.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-the-one-hundred-tokens/

I want to make this be able to stand up to infinite combos. I can't post a list of what cards I have available to use, but money is not an issue.

Any tips?
>>
>>52799834
sounds interesting, my brother has a Rakdos deck that does pretty well as long as he doesn't go ham at the start and make everyone target him
>>
>>52800489
I haven't seen it in a while but I think the gist is similar to this:
>the "fantasy" for Lord of Riots is playing him ASAP, swinging in, then playing big dudes for cheap
>but you have to make an opponent lose life to even cast him
>so you run shitty pingers or other ways to cause life loss
>now you have your big-ass demon, but he has no built-in protection
>so you have to hope he doesn't get removed and an opponent is open for attack
>only then can you collect your discount and summon the Eldrazi and shit you've dreamed of
>but this whole line of play is so clunky it's near-impossible anywhere but the most casual of tables
>so even if you think you've figured out how to build a good Rakdos deck, rest assured, you haven't.

It was a real eye-opener for me, since he used to be my favorite Legendary when I started playing. I guess aggro decks are just kind of doomed due to the nature of the format.
>>
>>52799886
Dauthi Embrace is a fun grab if you have things you need getting through, like zur, but theres better wants to make him unblockable. Diplomatic Immunity most of the time will cause a boardwipe if someone drastically wants zur off the board.
>>
File: Shielded by Faith_C15.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Shielded by Faith_C15.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>52800680
>>52799886
This is also good unless exile/bounce/debuffs are common
>>
>>52800921
It gets around a lot, but I feel like Toxic Deluge and Cyclonic Rift make almost every deck of their respective colors.
>>
>>52799464
>I don't have a grixis commander yet
PLAY JELEVA
>he has badass art and flavor
PLAY THRAXIMUNDAR

Or just play nekusar, I actually like them all. But yeah sometimes you can get bored of playing Nek because you need to be reeealy careful when playing him or else it backfires spectacularly.
>>
>>52799464
He's kind of dull but I actually enjoy him as a kind of weird and different command-zone finisher for a control deck. Go ahead, but build him budget since I doubt you'll main him for long.
>>
>>52801581
Jeleva seems like a shitty Kaalia for spells. Other strikes against her is that one of my friends is thinking about building her, she isn't available in foil, and I've never wanted to be a sexy mind-vampire as much as I want to be a lich. There's also the fact that if I play her at a table with anyone who's been wrecked by a competitive edh deck, they may assume she's storm and focus the shit out of me. Thraximundar does NOT have badass art and flavor: The art is so dark you can barely tell what's going on, and he's just some crazy-ass zombie running around Grixis and the rest of Alara fucking up shit. His card text is also nowhere near as flavorfully accurate as Nekusar's.
>>
File: elsadisgust.jpg (28KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
elsadisgust.jpg
28KB, 424x448px
>>52801581
>>I don't have a grixis commander yet
>PLAY JELEVA

>Jeleva
>Not Gwendlyn
>>
File: 1492309821494.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1492309821494.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
>only know how to build ramp and reanimator decks
>sometimes I throw in some control/stax elements to make me feel like I'm not playing ramp or reanimator
>but in the end, I always wind up windmill slamming some sort of fuckhuge creature to win the game
>my brago deck is literally a colourless artifact ramp deck with some spicy removal, like exclusion ritual, nevermore, and palace jailer
Help me /edh/, I need to make something different, but I literally don't know how. What do you guys play?
>>
>>52801633
>Jeleva seems like a shitty Kaalia for spells
>Thraximundar does NOT have badass art and flavor
You are not my Grixis nigga. But really don't compare Jeleva to that neckbeard magnet that Kaalia is.

>>52801645
>Legends
sexy art tho'
>>
>>52801646
Decks I've built/played recently

>Depala
Ramp that goes wide rather than tall, with tribal elements.

>Skullbriar
+1/+1 Counter Voltron, with graft and Spikes to load him up and bust through stalled boards

>Feldon
I guess he's kind of reanimator? Brought a heavy LD element

>Gitrog
Kinda Turbofog with a Loam/Dredge engine and some limited stax elements. Honestly I don't know what it's doing but it seems to work

>Sydri
Goodstuff

>Queen Marchesa
Pillow Fort
>>
>>52801689
>feldon
I literally run this deck. How does your land destruction work out? In general, my deck is pretty easy; loot, ramp, then shit out 10 million things. I included a kiki jiki combo suite to help facilitate shenanigans, though I've never pulled off kiki conscripts, all variety of damage doublers, urabrask, and a bunch of beatsticks.
>>
>>52801663
>Legends
And yet her stats-for-cost still (at least kind of) hold up and her ability is moderately unique, decently effective, and potentially abuseable.

There's hipster cred here, I will not lie, but if you want a Legends commander that actually does something worth doing, she's one of a few (Along with Angus and Rubinia at least)
>>
>>52799886
Imprisoned in the moon
darksteel mutation
O-ring and Arrest effects
>>
>>52801646
Build the aggro deck >>52794313 was talking about. DO IT.

>>52801738
Isn't Merieke also Legends?

And yeah I kinda like her, I just despise the old multicolor frame.
>>
Help me /tg/, I built a doran treefolk deck because I love ents. Well it turns out it is the most boring deck I have ever played. Is there a way to build a doran deck that isn't just tap big creatures?
>>
>>52801663
Similarities between Jeleva and Kaalia:
>both cost 4 mana (1 colorless and their identity)
>both are female
>both were originally printed in a commander product
>both are considered conventionally attractive
>both allow you to "cheat" mana costs when they attack
>both are massive removal magnets
>both make you a huge fucking target and the archenemy of the table
>both have no built-in protection

Sorry anon, the only reason Jeleva sees less play is that more people can beat off to Baneslayer than Time Stretch.
>>
>>52801724
Pretty good. If you get an Invader Parasite or Avalanche Riders in your 'yard the nibble damage at opposing mana bases causes the fragile and greedy to fail pretty fast. Pull Orcish Settlers (remember your trigger timing!) and you can pull the rug out from under just about anybody. With Ruination to kneecap developed boards and Smokestack (Trivially run at 1, sacrificing the damn avalanche riders token) to kick them while they're done, people can get locked pretty hard. It mostly works in the metagame, I suppose, where people assume they can just go tall. I remember playing versus Angry Omnath Elemental Tribal who went Soulstoke into Liege of the Tangle, which should have been a pretty backbreaking play 1v1. He ended that game with 0 permanents.
>>
>>52801758
>Isn't Merieke also Legends?
I'm pretty sure she's Ice Age but I'm too lazy to look it up. Certainly another hipster gem, though.
>>
is a Narset deck with infinit turns really oppressive? I want to build this deck but i dont want my play group to hate me
>>
>>52801778
>people can beat off to Baneslayer than Time Stretch
those people are wrong tho'

>>52801814
Yeah it's Ice Age indeed
>>
>>52801847
Yes. Narset is literally considered one of the most cancerous commanders in the format. If you run her, expect a massive increase in the amount of edicts, boardwipes, and counters in your meta, if people even still want to play with you at all.
>>
>>52801847
It's a combo deck, same as any other. You go off, and the game ends. Narset at least can have a fairly dynamic combo sequence since if you haven't mucked with your topdeck enough to guarantee flipping Enter the Infinite/Omniscience you'll be frantically digging through extra turns and combats to get to your win
>>
>>52801862
I mean the old dude on the modern art is kind of hot, but I'd rather fantasize about Baneslayer being repeatedly raped by demons and dragons, her inherent protection being the only thing that stops their massive cocks from tearing her to shreds. Or at least, that's what I'd fap to it I was a Kaalia player.
>>
>>52788054
So combo players don't cry when you try to agro them out
>>
>>52801758
Ah, Brollective you're always a beacon of wisdom. I think he's getting at a darietti-lite equipment focused build on dropping a bunch of stuff in one turn. I have no idea what he means when he says swap out steel hellkite for swords, something something goblin welder maybe? Regardless, it seems very build-able because I have a bunch of zero cost artifacts hanging around. Outside of wheels and looting effects, any good red discard tech?

Either way
>>
>>52801913
>I have no idea what he means when he says swap out steel hellkite for swords, something something goblin welder maybe?
Voltronize Hazoret, that's the deal. You can also run stuff like Pyromania and friends, forget card advantage is a thing and go balls deep. There's also the new minotaur guy who gets better with hellbent and hits your opponents hands too.
>>
which are the best jeskai and bant commanders for a control deck?
>>
File: Hazorets Best Friend.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hazorets Best Friend.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52801913
>any good red discard tech?
I know I've touted it before, but this really is the play for Hazoret. Turns her on and kicks players out of the game if they haven't gotten their artifact mana online. And if they have you're in fucking red, it's not like killing artifacts is hard. With a low enough curve keeping the rocks (or post-wipe land) to keep your hand empty should be trivial.

The only thing keeping me off trying to make this a deck plan is the fact that Red's best tutor is Gamble, and the only similar effects are the way too high cost Wildfire and friends. Though perhaps with enough dedication to ramping (which also empties hand real good)
>>
>>52801935
Durr, I thought he meant a build utilizing steel hellkite instead of the swords and was very confused. I saw all that spicy new hellbent tech, as well as soul scar mage who will suddenly make my boardwipes viable, I'm pretty hype about it, honestly.

>>52801960
Holy shit, it was like tailor made for that nonsense. Thanks anon! I'm literally the biggest fan of ramp on the planet, I think I can make it work. I could honestly make just a colourless stax deck using Hazoret as the commander, then darietti my way to victory. Fuck, I just wish she was Rakdos.
>>
>>52799132
Do you have a list? I'd like to compare my list to yours as I'm currently in the process of lowering the curve and cutting about 5 cards.
>>
>>52801778
But Kaalia is straight up worse because she relies on creatures. Jeleva however is never a primary wincon herself from what I've seen
>>
>Commander 2017 will focus on tribes

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/hascon-and-kickoff-our-25th-anniversary-2017-04-20
>Iconic Masters offers players a tour through some of the most iconic cards in Magic history. Featuring new artwork on many cards, the set brings an array of Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras
>Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras
HMMM
>>
>>52795965

Built this fuckboy last night in a mildly sleep deprived haze. I have never felt like so much of a bully in commander before and this is coming from someone that built narset turns.
>>
>>52802781
FUCK YES
>>
File: quarryhauler.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
quarryhauler.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
>>52802781
c17 will be camels i tell you

can you imagine the camel legendary?
>>
>>52802781
FUCK WAIT no i thought it was the commander tribes
>>
>>52802886
as long as it's called Humphrey

>>52802890
they may well be
>>
>>52802965
nah they say it. they mention that its iconic cards like "sphinxes angels demons, etc".
Plus they mention 5 tribes not 4
>>
>>52802886
But anon. ..

We already have a legendary camel
>>
>>52803207
Ultimus never counts when discussing such things (It's a camel by characteristic-defining ability not printed typeline) and you forgot the image anyway.
>>
>>52802781
C17 will also only have four decks instead of the usual five
>>
>>52801738
>Angus

Enjoy paying $80 or whatever ridiculous amount he's up to now.
>>
File: 2iazjuv.png (293KB, 320x276px) Image search: [Google]
2iazjuv.png
293KB, 320x276px
>>52802781
>Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras

FUCK YES
>>
File: 107839_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
107839_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
Hopes of what would be turned into phyrexian abominations for 2017?
>>
>>52803579
>Hopes of what would be turned into phyrexian abominations for 2017?
Venser's Corpse.
>>
>>52802781
>4 decks, not 5
Also, I guarentee they're gonna be the typical Elves, Goblins, Merfolk, and Slivers.
Wizards hates fun and new things.
Look at the 4 color commander decks for example. They claim that 4c has the most narrow design space and least interesting things to do, yet the 4c commanders were the best part and the Partners were entirely shit. (either blatantly OP like the two GU, blatantly shit like nearly all the rest, or some of the biggest disappointments of all MtG like Ludevic)

Not to mention that they completely ignore any negative feedback they get and blame it on "the nature of the internet is to hate" instead of actually taking constructive criticism, like how 95% of players told them directly on multiple sites that the Invocations looked like shit and the Aftermaths looked like shit, and that the Gatewatch idea is shit.
>>
File: 1441331198990.jpg (31KB, 262x195px) Image search: [Google]
1441331198990.jpg
31KB, 262x195px
>>52803612
>Venser's Corpse
>tfw yet another good character sacrificed for them to continue to do nothing the blundering Silver Golem.

Fucking 15 years of Karn doing fucking nothing but running away from shit he started.
>>
>>52803623
As long as we get Krenko in Jund, I'll be satisfied.
>>
>>52803679
Venser wasn't a good character, though. Radha was a good character. Elspeth was a good character. Venser though? I think we broke even trading him for Karn back, and traded up of we get phyrexian zombie venser.
>>
>that awesome moment when you pick through you collection and find all the tech you need
Two brewed decks are done for EDH night tonight. Fuck yeah
>>
>>52803869
>that awesome moment when you pick through you collection and find all the tech you need
Best feeling in the fucking world.
>>
>>52803869
>that awesome moment when you dont have a lot of cards because you started recently but bought a random fat pack the other month which has by godly luck all the cards that make a spicy build you are brewing
yeah its a good fucking feel
>>
>>52803869
>going on edhrec and seeing a really cool commander then going through the staples/combo enablers/etc and going
>oh I got that
>i got that too!
>i got all of this
>>
>>52788772
I sleeve all of my edh decks and I keep each deck in an ultra pro duel deck box. Allows extra room for tokens, will even hold dice if you're feeling frisky.
>>
>>52788772
I sleeve my current decks and stash the commons / uncommons in fatpack boxes and stick the rares / mythics or valuable commons / uncommons in my binder.

>>52803934
I love the feeling of finding something I'd need for a future edh deck.
>go through original ravnica fatpack boxes to see what I got
>find a billion of every signet expect for Selesnya
That was a good day.
>>
File: SoI.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SoI.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I CHOOSE YOU AS MY COMMANDER
>>
File: 117.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>52804248
[incoherent screaming]
>>
File: Image.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>52804248

Why not make your opponent hate playing commander ever again?
>>
>>52804596
Would this guy or Glissa be better as a stax commander? I want a deck for when the local fuccbois start to get uppity about their one-trick combo decks
>>
>>52804728
Most Stax pieces are artifacts, so they've both got a lot of play. Nath makes tokens and relies on cards in hand rather than creatures on the field, which is nice, but Glissa recurs your stax elements and has a lower CMC. Really, you could go either way, it depends on what you feel like you need. Stax decks are commander-independent enough that you could pretty much build BG Stax and switch out Glissa and Nath as suits you, maybe with a package of 5-10 other cards that work well with one but not the other.
>>
File: He does what now.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
He does what now.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Would Sapling be fun to play? I'm trying to branch out (haha) from red and blue colors.
>>
>>52804810
yeah. treefolk tribal is usually pretty funny and solid in casual edh
>>
>>52799464
>not playing sedris instead
>>
>>52804596
Where's the Rich Mahogany guy?
>>
>>52801663

Jeleva is a major neckbeard magnet, more so than kaalia
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I dug through my oldass cards and found this guy. Any suggestions?

Also, who the fuck is he, lore-wise? Can't find anything about him aside from some offhand mentions of him wandering the Domains.
>>
File: NebuCHADnezzar.jpg (531KB, 796x640px) Image search: [Google]
NebuCHADnezzar.jpg
531KB, 796x640px
>>52805308
Amazing art (in sets where the colors aren't faded to hell and back), pure trash otherwise
>>
>>52805308

Cards from legends don't usually have much lore because they are essentially just a bunch of DnD characters from random unconnected campaigns thrown together
>>
I don't find the rule of only being able to choose legendary cards to be a good one.
>>
File: skeleton-ship-cropped.jpg (62KB, 298x429px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-ship-cropped.jpg
62KB, 298x429px
Will it finally be fun with Amonkhet?
>>
>>52805308
yeah, the trash.
>>
>>52805433

Who would your commander be if you could pick non legends?
>>
>>52805524
Tamanoa for starters would give Naya a different deck from all the "hurr big beaters durr" ones
>>
Why bother with counterspells in any situation except for protecting infinites?
Trading one for one in multiplayer is stupid unless you have lots of reliable card draw, and it feels awful when you have to keep hands with nothing but lands, counterspells and other utility/removal.
>>
File: BFC.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BFC.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>52805524
I don't have a specific plan, but for example I could play him.
>>
File: 95.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>52805601
>Trading one for one in multiplayer is stupid
That's why I like counterspells like pic related. No one gets the feelbads because of a spell countered with Fracture.

>>52805614
>sticking a Basilisk Collar on that
Ooh delicious
>>
>>52805524
vedalken archmage
>>
>>52805437
The boat has been fun since Scars block, with Proliferate
>>
>>52805524
Tamanoa for running Tamobarbs EDH, though with Soulfire Grand Master I could do it in Jeskai instead of Naya...
>>
File: 76.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>52805524

>>52805614
Ashling.dec
>>
Speaking of sleeves, what's y'all's favorite kinds?

I use dragon shield matte blacks for EVERYTHING and nothing else.

As soon as Ultra Pro Eclipse releases black fucking sleeves, I'll switch to those desu.
>>
>>52805860
I tend to use Dragon Shields. I prefer the mattes but the glossy ones are just as nice and sturdy. Different color for every deck so that when they play against one another (I brew for family so you could say I own all the decks in at least one playgroup. Part of the reason I insist on budget) there will be no fucking mistakes with decks getting knocked over by rogue sleeves, fancy gain-control nonsense, or so on.

Once in a while I've made forays into art sleeves, but while they're very pretty at times I get autistic about finding something that 'works' and I've heard enough horror stories about how badly they can wear without character guards that, given how often a given design will go oop, I tend to avoid it.
>>
>>52805601

I don't feel awful when my hands have just lands and utility and answers

But to answer your question, you can also prevent your opponents from comboing, in addition to protecting your own combos

I agree it's not worth using counterspells on most threats but there are a few exceptions like a necropotence or consecrated Sphinx, because if I let that resolve, then my future counterspells will probably be useless
>>
>>52805860
Dragon Shields. I've used a dozen other types but I keep coming back to them.
Are the double sleeve dragon shields good? the inner sleeve ones?
>>
>>52805614
I feel like Bloodfire Colossus wouldn't be a very good idea as a commander. Mono-Red doesn't have much ramp and you're not getting very much for your mana.
>>
File: file.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>52805524
This guy. Actually, any of the mono-colored mythic with enemy colored abilities in fucking Fate reforged.
>>
File: MoC.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
MoC.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52806063
Ok, what about him?
>>
>>52805860
I have Dragon Shield gloss and KMC hyper matte (from before they went to shit) and I prefer the KMCs, but only by a little. Gonna try UP Eclipse next, a friend has been singing praises about them.
>>
>>52806185
Not terrible, but better in Kaalia for the instant death attack.
>>
>tfw you go through your collection and find the same card from M11, M12 and M13.

>>52805860
I started with ultra pro sleeves then made the jump to the matte dragonshield sleeves. Ivory is a very nice color.

Speaking of ultra pro sleeves, how are the eclipse sleeves?
>>
>>52789137
That new B/G chick has me interested, I'm adding her to the list of 4-5 decks that are forever in building along with Sygg Rogues, Nekusar Wheels, Mono-Black.deck anduntil recently White Soldiers which finally got sleeved up and became an actual deck.
>>
File: PA.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
PA.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52805524
Ok, last one with my favourite card
pure colorless commander deck when?
>>
>>52806329

You know you can run the legendary eldrazi as commanders right? I have old kozilek as my commander with a metric fuckton of mana rocks and so on, he's pretty fun as a haymaker commander.
>>
>>52806294
I personally don't recommand Nekusar wheels, it's a one-trick pony deck and it get stale very fast.

However, build that Mono-black.dek, mono-black is best color and it's probably my favorite deck

Though I will admnit that -1/-1 counters grindfest with bunch of deathtouch snakes seem like something right up in my alley
>>
>>52805860
Did matte dragon shields for a bit, they were fine. They were certainly beefy and I've never had a matte split on me (glossies are another story). They're reliable, but expensive and don't have an amazing shuffle feel.
That said, I tried eclipses and I never want to use another sleeve for actual play. That shuffle feel and toughness is way, WAY too good for the price. My only complaint is that the corners can get creased a bit (where the area of the card doesn't cover) if you're not careful, but that's fairly negligible. I expect I'll use my leftover dragon shields for archival purposes and basically just buy eclipses from now on.
>>
>>52806426
>running Eldrazi

Is it possible to be more tryhard and flavorless?
>>
>>52806452
what else can you use dickass? hope of ghirapur?
>>
>>52806452
Run Karn silver golem
>>
>>52806452

>calling someone a tryhard

wew lad I think you should go back to r/mtg
>>
>>52806452
Eldrazi are bad though retard.
>>
>>52796638
>Beseech is 3.50 on TCGPlayer
>Vampiric is literally eight times as expensive or more if you want it to be undamaged
Yeah I see no reason, either
>>
File: Image (3).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).png
139KB, 223x311px
How much fun would pic related be? She looks like fun but why is she not the creature type she supports!?
>>
Best commander for burnspells.dec?
>>
>>52806730
Because the text box wouldn't fit the creature subtype.
>>
>>52806736
Flip chandra
>>
>>52806730
She's already getting buffed, though.
>>
>>52803843
>Venser is a bad character

Jace pls.
>>
>>52806806
how, errata? she just got reprinted
>>
>>52806773
Not true.

>>52806730
Lords that buff themselves are the exception, not the rule. It's a flavor fail.
>>
>>52806893
She's a 1/1 creature is what I mean
>>
>>52800559
The biggest problem for me is that you just become a target really fast. After you get hated on for a couple turns you're pretty much out of it. That short burst of reckless glory is really fun tho.
>>
>>52806730
wasn't she a human lord before
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52806469
You've clearly never heard of the deck that keeps on finding new ways to have fun while dicking around trying to make it work
>>
>>52807021
Yes.
>>
>>52800559
Couldn't you make the pings incidental effects like Cryptolith Fragment?

>>52807021
Lord's not a type anymore, though
>>
>>52805690
I'm not sure that Basilisk Collar would even work with Bloodfire Colossus
>>
>>52807791
Basilisk would work.

Death touch is any damage, not just combat damage.

Of course 6 damage does remove a vast majority of creatures, so it would be overkill for the most part.
>>
>>52806248
>Kaalia
I guess he cannot be put into play because MoC can only attack alone and Kaalia is already attacking at the moments he enters the battlefield.
>>
>>52807909
Tapped and attacking is not the same as attacking.

Awkward sounding but it is quite clear in the rules.

Kalia can cheat out MoC no problem.
>>
>>52807791
No, it world. Lifelink and deathtouch would be applied from Bloodfire blowing up and dealing damage

This isn't really related, but it reminded me of a time when someone threw Livewire Lash on an infect creature and started to throw pump spells on it.
>>
>>52805524
Any of the enemy color Lieges.
>>
>>52807791
Since the other two answers are shitty:
Yes, it does work. Bloodfire Colossus uses Last Known Information to check that it had Deathtouch and Lifelink when it was sacrificed.
>>
>>52807433
>Lord's not a type anymore, though
I really hate this for reasons of Lovisa and Imposing Sovereign. They should have class types. Lovisa could have been a Barbarian and edited to "Other" just like many old Lords that got retyped. Sovereign could really use Lord to be a type again or something else not bearing old mechanical baggage ("Noble", say) to be made a type.
>>
>>52807877
>so it would be overkill for the most part
I was talking about the obscene lifegain from the blow-up actually.
>>
>>52808172
>tfw you are able to pull that move in a multiplayer game
>>
I got cards in for my jank ass black white deck! Thoughts, /tg/?
>>
File: LGN_Riptide_Mangler_Reg-500x685.jpg (95KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
LGN_Riptide_Mangler_Reg-500x685.jpg
95KB, 500x685px
>>52805524
Anything with fun abilities.
>>
>>52808542
lovely jank/10
Who's at the helm?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52805524
>>
File: 88.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52808616
So many cards from Lorwin/Shadowmoor would make good and interesting commanders
>>
>>52808584
Athreos. Black white skeleton tribal. I needed to have a way to kill people, so I figured X costs. I love the casual idiocy of it. It makes me happy.
>>
Who /dimir/ here

How many removal/counter spells do you guys run?
>>
>>52802781
So MTG will release 2 master sets per year now?
>>
>>52795922
I run this in Titania. Solid card no matter when it's played
>>
File: erebos.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
erebos.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Tips on building for mono-black (trying to build Erebos)? I feel like there's so many good things to put in but its quite expensive in terms of mana.
>>
>>52809259
This could be more of a one-off celebration
>>
File: Soulfire Grandmaster.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Soulfire Grandmaster.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>52805524
Such a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>52809523
This seems more likely. MMA and EMA are reprints for tournament formats, to keep cards flowing into them. While this set is bound to have a few EDH staples, (and probably cards other formats want too) it's most likely going to be a celebration of Timmy and his best pals. I would bet good money that Shivan dragon is going to be printed in this set for instance, despite the fact that no one really wants it and people would be upset as fuck to pull one in their 10$ packs. He is easily magics oldest most iconic critter dude so he is going to be in though.
>>
>>52802781
DOES THIS MEAN NEW LEGENDS
>>
>>52809745
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52808063
Oh? I recall that if Mogg Fanatic had a aura that prevents all damage he does, he still deals damage when he's sacced. Why is this different?
>>52807964
It's pretty good, since the controller of the equipment chooses the target.
I play it in my Skittles deck and it's magnificent.
>tfw attacking with Skittles and with another infect creature, probably was the Vatmother (equipped with Livewire Lash)
>both opponents at 8 poison counters
>opponent tries to exile Skittles
>Imp's Mischief it to Vatmother and kill him with the trigger
Other guy had no out for the Vatmother
>>
Archfiend of Ifnir belongs in Lazav yea?
>>
>>52809745
No. Since fucking when has Masters been anything else but reprints?
>>
>>52807060
>punch people with rocks.dec
How original and flavourful.
>>
>>52809805
Yes
>>
File: nebuchadnezzar.png (1MB, 1592x626px) Image search: [Google]
nebuchadnezzar.png
1MB, 1592x626px
>>52805308
Pic related
>>
>>52810208
Is the bonus just knowing what they have, or do you have a good set up for stripping them of good stuff?
>>
>>52809727
unless wizards is abolishing the reserve list and printing a masterpiece black lotus, i'm not putting much stock in "iconic" either
>>
>>52806736
Riku is pretty nice, especially since he has access to green so you can ramp like crazy, then kill a player with a copied 10 damage fireball out of nowhere.
>>
>>52801913
Conflagrate is a good one, but requires setup to use the discard
>>
>>52810227
The whole deck is force discard , control, and telepathy effects. Win con is megrim/ lilis caress, the rack, rackling, wheel of torture , etc
>>
>>52810681
So a worse Nath or Nekusar?
>>
>>52810861
>Nekusar

Literally banned from my store, no one will sit down with a Nekusar player
>>
>>52810886
Why? He isn't that strong.
>>
Is Into the Roil playable in monoblue/Izzet/Dimir/Grixis decks that have a hard time hitting certain permanents?
>>
>>52811097
Of fucking course it is you daft wanker.
>>
>>52810886
Nekusar isn't even that good. He's just a meme commander.
>>
>>52811180
I'm sorry, I just don't know how to value spot bounce in EDH. The card disadvantage feels too rough without the cantrip, but paying 4 for tempo removal also feels strange.
>>
>>52811326
You bounce the permanent so that you can counter it when they re-cast it.

Bouncing a winter orb on an opponent's end step so that you can go off unopposed is also nice.
>>
File: 3501746-afrosamurai.jpg (148KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
3501746-afrosamurai.jpg
148KB, 960x606px
Toshiro alter is on the way.
>>
>>52811326
To be fair it's still not as good as cryptic, and I don't run it in my lists for the reasons you mentioned.
>>
>>52809480
I, personally, just run it with a load of mass removal, creature-hate cards, and my wincons is pretty much DeathCloud, Exsanguinate, Gonti to steal other people's wincon. Gary and people running out of patience and quitting is also accepted.
>>
>>52809849
ye
>>
>>52813230
>Gonti
Real neato, I can pick one up tomorrow. Thanks for the tips, That's what I was thinking as well.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.