[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 59

File: 144.jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
82KB, 312x445px
Big Stick Diplomacy edition

Previously: >>52756702

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What are the table politics like within your group?
>>
>What are the table politics like within your group?

None.

Also, I asked last thread and wasn't able to check for responses. I'm playing mono red goblins in a tribal tourney.

1.) What's secret tech for Krenko? Keep in mind, I believe that any creature has to be a goblin or synergize with goblins.
2.) Whats a way to protect myself from board wipes?
>>
>>52767571
Very little actually, there's basically no people at the LGS who play political decks.
>>
>>52767571
I play with a bunch of different people at my LGS, so table politics can be anything from 0 to 'make deals or die.'

>>52767679
1) Paradox Engine. Illusionist's Bracers.

2) Give the goblins haste. Play something that burns everyone when creatures enter the battlefield( re: purphoros, warstorm surge, impact tremors). Red doesn't really have boardwipe protection, though red elemental blast / pyroblast can save you from cyclonic rift type effects.
>>
>>52767679
>boardwipes in mono r
Soul of New Phyrexia and that's about it afaik. Depending on board wipes, red counterspells can also help - specifically Red Elemental Blast/Pyroblast.
>>
>>52767571
Limited, a little "Hit the leader" mentality and a general dash of vengeance really. It doesn't help that one player is a bit LOLRANDOM while another is timid in the extreme (Once failing to attack with 20 power of vigilant fliers across clear skies for... fear of retribution?)

I hope to change this a little by bringing a political pillow fort that incentivizes others attacking what I want attacked With Mindslaver, Master Warcraft, and the like to force the issue should persuasion fail
>>
>>52767571
Something like:
>opponent plays howling mine
>I cast time warp
>regrowth into time warp
>e-wit into time warp
>expropriate into three extra turns and a stolen mana doubler
>who wants second?
>>
File: Tower of the Magistrate_MM.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tower of the Magistrate_MM.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>tfw going against a equipment voltron
>tfw he's attacking with all the swords equipped and he ends up losing his commander from being blocked
>tfw he starts begging me to stop out of frustration
I also did that to the Talrand player and the salt was abysmal, he was so mad because he couldn't get his sword of fire and ice triggers to draw counterspells
>>
>>52767679
1) Krenko's tech isn't very secret: Lackey, warchief, magewright stone/thousand year elixir, Roar of the Crowd/Massive Raid/Goblin War Strike/Last-ditch effort to break open pillow forts
2) Kill players in "Likelihood of wipe" order. I mean you COULD run Mycosynth Lattice/Darksteel Forge or Soul of New Phyrexia but unless you plan on shitting them out reliably with Brightstone Ritual/Battle Hymn there's no point in running something that expensive in Krenko: You'll manifest 40 damage before you get your "wipe insurance" online.
>>
>>52767571
Mostly "well he hit me last turn" they're slowly moving towards understanding who and what the threats are. There's one player with pretty good target selection, one with short sighted but accurate, and one who everyone just pitches their preferred game plan to. I don't have much targeted removal, I always have decks that synergize with stax, tax, or other types of symmetrical control.
>>
>>52767571

Well having 2 tryhard spikes in the group we have numerous politics mostly in the form of someone playing Edric and loudly announcing what Edric does everytime. Other politics usually come from the spike who plays oloro
>>
>>52767679
In token based combo decks, don't think about still being in the game when you have to worry about wipes. Krenko goblins goes fast. Goblins only needs more gas. If you are getting hit by wipes, you need more gas. >>52767777 is right. Also checked.
>>
>>52767571

I do one thing for the good of the table and then get bitched at for the rest of the game because of it
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/

Can anyone help me improve this wort spell slinger deck. My first dip into EDH, I think I need some creature and wipe protection but it's difficult to fit in while keeping the combo reliable.
>>
>>52767969
run goblin sharpshooter as an extra combo piece.

>G. S., Kiki-Jiki, Thornbite Staff
>ping opponent with G.S., tap Kiki-Jiki to make a copy
>copy kills itself, untapping Kiki-Jiki and G.S.
>repeat

Is the other combo Kiki + Thornbite + Lightning Crafter + Purphoros?

If you need spot removal / boardwipes: Chaos Warp, Blasphemous Act, Lightning Bolt.
>>
>>52767969
Goblin Chirurgeon is cheap and can provide protection for the ones you want to protect. Consider treacherous terrain for added damage also 33 lands is way too few and you lack some of the better mana rocks
>>
>>52768031
Typical game, tutoring for Krenko, Mob Boss or Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker first enabling the combos to go infinite. Worldly Tutor, Time of Need, Signal the Clans, Primal Command and Sylvan Tutor for Krenko with a good hand or Moggcatcher/Goblin Matron/Goblin Recruiter to tutor for Siege-Gang Commander for easy tokens/copying. Tutoring for more tutors like Moggcatcher either get's Krenko eventually and more goblins or clears out removal before Krenko.

Mana Echoes and Krenko, Mob Boss creates infinite mana/damage/tokens with Umbral Mantle, Thornbite Staff (and a sac source like Goblin Bombardment or Skirk Prospector/Phyrexian Altar/Ashnod's Altar), and Paradox Engine. Infinite mana can then be used for a Fireball, Burn at the Stake, Demonfire, Devil's Play, Disintegrate, or Red Sun's Zenith. Fireball or Reiterate/Conspire with Wort to take out multiple opponents at once. Without mana echos Cryptolith Rite, Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar and Skirk Prospector allow me to go infinite using tokens instead.

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker goes infinite similarly with Seige-gang commander/Beetleback Chief/Lightning Crafter/Mogg War Marshal with Ashnod's Altar/Skullclamp/Skirk Prospector/Goblin Bombardment/Cryptolith Rite and Umbral Mantle/Paradox Engine/Thornbite Staff. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker with Thornbite Staff and Lightning Crafter is particularly cheesy for doing 3 damage then sacrificing by not championing a creature.

Rituals with Mastery overloaded or Past in Flames lets me reuse everything. Without krenko, Mogg Infestation/Empty the Warrens substitutes, and as a spell it's a target for Pyromancer's Goggles/Reiterate/Conspiring.

Shamanic Revelation and Slate of Ancestry during a combo lets you draw most if not all of your deck into your hand. Mizzix's Mastery or Past in Flames lets you dump everything into play twice or more for extra style points.

Maybe I should add Sword of the Paruns though.
>>
>>52767224
Riku is pretty good for fun and silly shit with how he can copy big, swingy spells or other goofy cards. His colors lend himself to that kind of stuff really well too.
>>
>>52768057
>>52768031
Sharpshooter I subbed out for Altars, he got removed too often, but Ill sideboard him.

Chirurgeon would be good for protection, ive been running 33 just because of all the tutors, its hard to find the space, what would you recommend to take out
>>
>>52768012.
The issue is with people gouging others in excess and making cards unusable. They're limiting how many cards can get played at all and simply have cards rotting because they only allow a few to be bought. There's no double-standard here at all. If something exists at a fair price already that people are willing to pay and you already make a decent profit, then you're fine. Buyouts allow them to go beyond this and raise it as much as possible at the expense of the enjoyment of others.

You have said nothing that "makes me closer to scum" because I'm not trying to ruin someone else's hobby by facilitating buyouts and price gouging. Price gouging is what makes them scum, and I've personally seen vendors scam people in dishonest ways. I even mentioned as much last night. If a kid comes up to you and asks for a card and you tell him the price is far above what it actually is at market price, then you're scamming them. Just because you're the only one nearby with the card doesn't mean you should go and tell people that something is worth more than it really is.

And it's not just about my hobbies. Doing this in any hobby is scummy because you're going above and beyond to squeeze as much as you can out of people who only want to enjoy themselves. I told you that we wouldn't see eye-to-eye on this and I was right. You see no problem with raising prices in excess beyond what they reasonably should be because it makes the most money. It's not all about money and people who only get into a hobby, which other people simply want to play to enjoy, to exploit others in EXCESS (keyword here) are the problem. If anything, you're the one whose closer to scum if you think it's okay to hoard mountains of cards and make them completely unavailable to the public outside of a rare few. It's scummy as all get-out to prevent these cards from being used. And as I explained, moral highground has nothing to do with whether or not someone is scum.

Reposted because sleep.
>>
>>52768090
Maybe if I can quote the right post. >>52764943
>>
>>52768083
Paradox Engine. Devil's Play. Goblin Rally. Red Sun's Zenith. Fireball. Battle Squadron. Burn At the Stake.

the only x-cost burn spell you need is the uncounterable one.
>>
File: goass.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
goass.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>52767679
>Secret Tech for Krenko

pic related
>>
>>52768140
>>52768083

agreed battle squad is trash but he has no way to tutor for the burns which are his main win con. Also Paradox engine is good for getting the combo going, I would have said take out the Thousand year Elixer (panus is better for the infinite untapping), maybe go down a couple of burns and up some lands?
>>
>>52768071
Riku does look fun, holy moly. Do you have any other recommendations?
>>
>>52768283
It depends, what kind of colors are you into? I'd say every 3-color combo has potential for fun.
>>
>>52767969
Demonfire, Desintegrate, Fireball (wtf where's Comet Storm??) and Geosurge look kind off.

About the wrath protection: Heroic Intervention, Chirurgeon was already mentioned, Creeping Renaissance, Restock maybe?
>>
Reposting my Enchantress deck for feedback and hate - would very much appreciate any response at all, just notice me already, senpai.

Also what's your tech for dealing with mass exile/unsummon effects that bypass both indestructible and hexproof?

Finally, what would you cut from this deck for a third counterspell?
>>
>>52768382
And I, like a retard I am, forgot the link

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jenaras-bant-enchantress/
>>
>>52768309
I like Black. I'm trying to put together a Nekusar deck since the idea of giving everyone cards (at a minor cost) and then watching them blow each other up sounds great.
>>
File: Fact or Fiction.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Fact or Fiction.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>52767224
>>52768283
I feel that a deck being perceived as fun by the other people at the table has more to do with the 99 than the commander. Focus on adding some interactive cards, for example ones that allow opponents to make choices. Fact or Fiction, while a good card by itself, is fun for that reason. From my experience multiplayers-specific cards and keywords are often appreciated as well. For a fun deck I'd also throw in a few chaotic red cards with coin flip effects or something to that effect. But don't go overboard with these, playing against complete grouphug or chaos decks decks can easily get old.
>>
>>52768450
Kekusar is more about showing cards down their throats until they choke on them to be honest. And then wheeling it away only to push in some more.

Fun commander to play but I've only seen Athraxa and Leovold draw more instant hate than him.
>>
>>52768382
>Also what's your tech for dealing with mass exile/unsummon effects that bypass both indestructible and hexproof?
Mass blink?

>>52768586
>tfw people never hate on my Nekusar because "free cards lel"
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18
>>
>>52768652
oh shit nice i thought the only commander this year was going to be the anthology
>>
>>52768652
So wich tribes will be picked and why?
>>
>>52768652
>TRIBAL
Oh please give me some good tribal staples. I am also super suprised to hear how fast this set is coming out.
>>
>>52768730
I guess tribal decks aren't that hard to design
>>
>>52768722
>most popular
Goblin, elfs and the likes it seems
>>
>>52767571
my trick for winning edh games at a big table is to pretend to be land fucked and just put my head down on the table while everyone beats the hell out of each other.
>>
>>52768652
>56 new cards
woah is that as much as last time or more?
>>
>>52768652
>>52768722
Snakes, Rebels, Viashino, Skeletons
>>
>>52768722
I would think that the big 2 are Elves and Goblins, after that there are more options like Soldiers, Wizards(Please no), Merfolk, Zombies and Slivers/Allies.
>>
>>52768652
>tribal
Oh, it's nothing.
>>
>>52768652
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18
>Tribal
Hey, maybe I'll be skipping a year of precons! Usually there's something I want because either it can make a good backbone, or there's a cool lore character like Feldon or Sidar or Freyalise that wasn't printed yet, but tribal is just about the lowest level of no-effort crap that...

>Cut to August
>Angel Tribal with Serra (PW?) Commander
>Wizard tribal helmed by Jodah, Archmage Eternal
>Inevitable Zombie tribal probably just reprints Lim-Dul for the vorthos set but otherwise has a ton of staples
>Maybe there'll be nothing in goblins and elves? It's not like there are any great...
>Kickass Mercadian Goblin and Belbe as secondary commanders
>FML
>>
>>52768722
Minotaurs, Giants, Gremlins, Angels
>>
File: 1461992702670.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1461992702670.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>52768810
>gremlins
>>
>>52768781
glad im not the only one who thinks tribal decks are noob tier trash that play themselves.
>>
>>52768722
Depends on if they go allies, enemies, shards, wedges, or monocolor.

Monocolor: Humans, Soldiers or Angels; Merfolk or Wizards; Zombies; Goblins; Elves

Allied: Birds; Zombies; Minotaurs or Goblins; Beasts; Cats? Treefolk? Not sure what Selesnya does

Enemy: WB Clerics, possibly ft. Zombies; WR Soldiers; UR Wizards; UG ... Merfolk? Mutants?; BG Elves

Shard: Knight or Soldier; Wizard or Artificer; Zombie; Goblin; Beast

Wedge: Mardu Warriors; Jeskai Monks or Wizards; Temur Shamans; Sultai Zombies; Abzan Elves
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>Playing Casual EDH
>Play this
>Play Blasphemous Act for 1 mana
>Kills everything but this.
>Remove counter
>Win game a few turns later by punching people in the face with it while they can't do anything.

Is this okay with you?
>>
File: Furby_picture.jpg (23KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
Furby_picture.jpg
23KB, 220x215px
>>52768833
>new legendary gremlin
>>
>>52768746
So 4 between:
>MonoR/Rakdos/Jund gobbos
>MonoG/Gruul/Naya elfs
>MonoB/Dimir/Grixis zombies
>MonoU/Azorius/Esper wizards
>MonoW/Selesnya/Bant humans
>>
>>52768722
DRAGONS
PLEASE I JUST WANT MORE DRAGONS
>>
>>52768872
You hardcast Myojin from the 99 and nobody had instant removal to float mana for to just reset everything, you deserved it.
>>
>>52768872
>casual EDH
>MLD
bruh...

With that said, if they knew what this guy does and ran a damage-based boardwipe into him without an answer, they deserve everything that happened to them afterwards
>>
>>52768872
>>Win game a few turns later

Thats where I am ok with it. If you are just firing off an obliterate with no follow up then I am going to be annoyed.
>>
>>52768872
Yeah, I don't see a problem. You played 2 sorcery-speed cards for 11 mana and no one had instant-speed removal or counters.
>>
>>52768872
As long as you didn't remove the counter on the same turn you cast blasphemous act.
>>
>>52767679
>board wipe protection
>in mono red
>in a krenko deck

I mean, Soul of New Phyrexia, but goblins and Krenko are fucking fast, 1 turn after a board wipe you should already have a full army of angru gobbos.
>>
File: 1492211046024.jpg (274KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
1492211046024.jpg
274KB, 1024x1557px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/before-nixilis-there-was-him/

I posted this last thread but went to sleep before I could see if there was any feedback. The landbase isn't fully optimized which I am working on if there is anything that seems out of place let me know what I should replace it with.
>>
File: fuked rite off m8.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuked rite off m8.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52768872
>implying your 13 damage would even scratch my commander
>>
>>52768912
Not him, but I figure you remove it on the next player's upkeep before folks can do shit to recover but after the damage wears off.
>>
>>52767731
Master warcraft doesn't allow you to choose who is attacked, only which creatures attack. Who they attack is still up to the controller, that's why it's actually kind of a shit card in multiplayer, since anyone with a brain will just send all their shit at you.
>>
>>52768746
What if they meant the more RAD tribes?
Dragons, Angels, Vampires and Wurms
>>
>Have 40/40 War Elemental
>Play Rupture on it

Even if you want to call it a draw, we all know I'm the winner.
>>
1st for edric.

Having a high powered edh group is fun because there's less grovelling and "politics" and more of actually playing the game with legitimate decision trees.
>>
>>52768955
The deck is meant to say "Go ahead I'm behind Crawlspace and 7 mana-per-creature of propaganda effects.". If they can attack out at ME when I drop Warcraft and demand they attack out I deserve what I get.
>>
>>52767814
>loudly announcing what Edric does everytime

I'd imagine it's to not miss any triggers, Edric has to be extra careful in my playgroup as when he overswings people just scoop to deny him his draws lol.
>>
File: sireofinsanity.hq.jpg (187KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
sireofinsanity.hq.jpg
187KB, 480x680px
>>52768652
>new minotaur legendary in amonkek
>commander minotaur tribal

This card gonna spike in value
>>
>>52768652
>>52768722
SLIVERSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>52768722
wizards, goblins, zombies, humans
This is the only correct list of tribes, and you know it.
>>
>>52769139
Demons? In my minotaur tribal deck? It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>52769139
Whenever I see Sire I think of the guy at my LGS who played it and Necropotence within a turn of each other. Everyone at the table agreed the game was now a 3 player game.
>>
>>52769164
Too simple. If EDH newbies (who buy precons) can handle 4colored decks, then they can handle weird creature types.
>>
>>52768652
GIVE ME AN ABZAN-COLORED ELF LORD, ESPER MERFOLK LORD AND JUND GOBBO LORD PLEASE PLEASE
>>
>>52768754
absolutely devilish
>>
>>52768722
Best, most popular tribes:
Elf, Goblin, Zombie, Wizard

Coolest tribes:
Angel, Demon, Wurm, Soldier
>>
File: supplycaravan.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
supplycaravan.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
>>52768652

>camel
>CAMEL

>camel tribal

the 56 new cards are all camels

>we want the middle-eastern audience
>>
>>52769245
You won't get all three of those at once (Odds of Wizards mixing shards and wedges: near zero) and you won't get any by shouting.
>>
>>52768652

What are the chances of each deck having multiple new choices for commanders, or dare i say: partner commanders
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52769283
>ape
>APE

>monkey tribal

the 56 new cards are all apes

>we want the african audience
>>
>>52769349
every deck so far has come with multiple choices of commanders in addition to the face commander.

I sincerely doubt they will bring partner back for this though.
>>
>>52769349
Please, no more of that.
>>
File: MarchesaTheBlackRose.jpg (21KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
MarchesaTheBlackRose.jpg
21KB, 223x310px
How strong would you rate pic related or her marduu sister in a meta of Yisan, Prossh, Sharuum or Sisay?

Currently playing Oloro just to punish them but it gets boring fast.

I have no idead if she can keep up with the ramping...
>>
>>52769349
pls no
>>
File: gremlin.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>52769376
>gremlin
>GREMLIN

>gremlin tribal

the 56 new cards are all gremlins

>we want the Joe Dante audience
>>
File: ragavantoken.full.jpg (68KB, 249x354px) Image search: [Google]
ragavantoken.full.jpg
68KB, 249x354px
>>52769376

Might be both a camel and a monkey legendary

would be pretty neat
>>
File: tmp_12563-357.hq-1122470170.jpg (203KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12563-357.hq-1122470170.jpg
203KB, 480x680px
>>52769468
>skeleton
>SKELETON

>skeleton tribal

the 56 new cards are all skeletons

>we want the undead audience
>>
>>52769492
>tfw my favorite vintage deck is skeletons
>tfw innocent blood
>tfw sadistic glee
>>
>>52769492
I'd be down for Skeletons. They don't get a lot of love as it is. The same could be said for several archetypes, but Skeletons sound like a lotta fun.
>>
>>52769349
It actually wouldn't surprise me.
>GW Soldiers
Sidar Kondo+new partner

>RW Soldiers
Akiri+new partner

>RB Gobbos
Vial Smasher

UG Merfolk
Thrasios+New partner

I don't like it at all, but I can't imagine how else they'll print the alt-commander like they do without it being mind-numbingly boring. They also printed all of these 2 color legends in good tribes right before announcing tribal decks.
>>
File: maZewzwzSE_EN.png (199KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
maZewzwzSE_EN.png
199KB, 265x370px
>>52769492
>gay
>GAY

>gay tribal

the 56 new cards are all gays

>we want the homosexual audience
>>
>>52769573
GW Knights, I'm retarded.
>>
>He runs jitte, sheoldred, elesh norn and vorinclex in one deck
>Complains when I play ruination

Mother fuck
>>
>>52769624
>plays all that shit
>expects to not get run over by more focused decks
He brought it on himself.
>>
>>52769624
Ruination exists to punish greed and 3+c goodstuff, you're doing god's work.
>>
>>52769641
>>52769648
>I have no creatures out, he has 5
>I play repercussion followed by blasphemous act.
>I win the game and he calls it bullshit
>>
>>52769668
that teaches him not to play all his creatures out on the field at once, in big games with big cards, board wipes are as common as wiping your ass after you take a shit.
>>
>>52769624
Ruination and its friends (like Back to Basics and Blood Moon) are only as good as your opponent's mana base is greedy. You reap what you sow
>>
>>52769193
Because he won?
>>
>>52769869
He won something, but it wasn't the game.
>>
>>52768652
>Most popular
ok, so, choose four:
>Slivers
>Zombie
>Elf
>Goblin
>Dragon
>Angel

They're kind of limited in that it needs a deep enough pool to have decent reprint options. Spirit seems like a plausible option that I'd like.
>>
>>52769869
No, he lost

>Necropotence cards are put in your hand at end of turn
>Discard hand at each end step
>discarded cards are exiled
>You can now pay 1 life to have cards from your hand exiled unless it's an instant.
>>
>>52769193
Because you're a bunch of babies?
>>
>>52770150
What an idiot. He could have stacked the Sire trigger first and been the only one with a hand.
>>
>>52770150
You are bad.
>>
>>52770189
>each end step
Ha. Whoops.

On a similar note, a guy at my shop played suppression field and necro at the same time.
>>
>>52768652
>Not color wheel

Fuck, this is gonna be weird. Abzan Elves, Jund goblins, Mardu Angels, and 5c Slivers? Pity the reserved list would keep them from making a REAL Sliver deck.
>>
>>52769193
>Everyone is hellbent except the Necro player who can have as many cards as he wants but only use the instants out of them

I dunno, that seems kind of hilarious to play under.
>>
>>52770279
Just have Veldalken Orrery or Leyline of Anticipation.
>>
>>52770310
This was before Take the Crown and I think he was playing a BR deck. Don't remember his commander though.
>>
>>52770201
Well, no, but maybe you should learn to read cards.
>>
>>52770399
All he has to do is Storm out in the top 39 cards of his library. Not exactly hard.
>>
>>52769573
>4 decks
>can't do mono, allied/enemy or shards/wedges because one gets cut out
>fixed color + X = 4 possible decks
>Bruse Tarl+Akiri
>both RW
>both Allies
>RW allies confirmed
>the rest will be
>RB goblins
>RG elfs
>RU wizards(zombies?)

I'm calling it cap this
>>
>>52770515
Storm out with what? Sorcery-speed Tendrils of Agony? Sorcery-speed Grapeshot? Enlighten me
>>
>>52770701
I think you're a faggot you can't guess for shit

>Jund Goblin
>Abzan Elves
>Esper Zombies
>Naya Soldiers
>>
>>52770782
>mixing shards and clans
You're the real fag here.
>>
Quick question:
Is Armageddon a unfun card?

>hurr it destroys lands its obviously unfun

I want to know if its on the level of time stretch unfun
>>
>>52770945
if you have a wincon and will end the game soon, its fine.

if you cast Armageddon and the game goes on for another hour, no.
>>
File: slivers are cute.png (187KB, 1000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
slivers are cute.png
187KB, 1000x1125px
>>52769142
Slivers need more love just look at how cute they are!
>>
>>52768652
>Another Elves, Goblins, Wizards, and Kaalia episode
I would be so pissed if this happened.
>>
>>52770971
Is that mercy holding a sliver?
>>
I've never spent more than $60 on a deck
I'm about to drop twice that on my next deck.
I don't feel good about this, call me poor but desu it's a silly unbalanced game and I'll probably regret it regardless of how much money I have.
>>
File: slivers grow quick 1 .png (79KB, 574x353px) Image search: [Google]
slivers grow quick 1 .png
79KB, 574x353px
>>52771034
no
>>
>>52771044
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgo-voltronsmasher-1/
Don't feel bad for spending over 100 dollars on Magic
>>
>>52770742
With a fucking kill spell.
>>
File: 1455139520684.gif (753KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455139520684.gif
753KB, 500x750px
>>52769492
>see this
>spooky scary skeletons immediately goes off in my head
>>
File: 1468804055576.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468804055576.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>52771044
>tfw spent that or more for a single cards
>multiple times
>>
File: Mercy-Devil.jpg (247KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy-Devil.jpg
247KB, 1600x900px
>>52771059
Looks like mercy's devil skin
>>
>>52771082
Do they send shivers down your spine?
>Not putting the 10 hour remix on indefinite loop for the rest of your life

>>52771044
It's a hobby. People spend money on hobbies. Just because it's cardboard instead of clubs of booze doesn't make it any more or less a 'waste' of money.
>>
>>52771077
what the fuck, are you talking about? if he kills the sire, the sire's ability wont trigger and everyone keeps their hands. there are no storm cards that could possibly work at instant speed unless you had been using jeleva storm with a leyline or similar to make spells instant speed for yourself.

and even then, what the fuck would the point be to even run sire?
>>
>>52771077
yeaaaa, but the trigger is already on the stack.

So you dig 39 cards in, cast your skill spell, then exile your hand and cry yourself to sleep
>>
>>52771044
I know that feel. You can sell more expensive cards easier or even with a profit if you ever decide to get rid of them, though, that's a plus over cheapo decks.
>>
>>52770232
Are you finnish? Because I did that accidentally once
>>
File: 2017-04-13 21.19.03.png (202KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-13 21.19.03.png
202KB, 265x370px
>>52767571
We have one guy who whines like a baby when another player plays stax because he's dumb and doesn't run removal

So everyone built a stax deck to antagonize him. It's like throwing a kid into a pond to teach him to swim. He'll either start running removal or leave our playgroup.

Also card in the pic makes me want to build a Sedris deck
>>
>>52770232
>Play enchanted evening earlier in the game
>Draw starfield of nyx and am happy because now I have some blocked for an oncoming horde of creatures
>Play starfield of nyx
>People laugh, I ask why
>Your lands are 0/0s, anon
>Think pensively for a moment, then scoop
>>
>>52771446
Eh, in some decks there's a limit to how much removal and other such you can run. And sometimes you just don't draw the right removal, which can make playing against a stax deck extremely aggravating when you just get fucked up the ass turn after turn and never draw an answer.
>>
File: 1489577517186-v.jpg (198KB, 1078x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1489577517186-v.jpg
198KB, 1078x1348px
>tfw running Tainted Aether in my Obzedat deck
>>
>>52771529
I run Tainted Aether/Spreading Plague/Lethal Vapors in Erebos. With Pox and Death Cloud

Sue me.
>>
>>52771044
Look at it this way: Magic: The Gathering cards are durable and they've tended to hold their value for about a quarter of a century now. When you put money in a deck, you can get a fairly arbitrary amount of enjoyment out of it and if you ever decide you're just plain out of the game you can likely recoup a good portion of what you spent to put towards whatever else makes you happy. Honestly, this applies to most /tg/ purchases, but Magic in particular is an investment of a sort even if you're not the faggot who bought out Living Plane and pushed it up like a hundred bucks when I was looking to... Sorry, I digress. Point being your hundred dollars or so cards will still be there, capable of bringing you enjoyment, long after the amusement of a hundred dollars of trips to the movies fades or the buzz and hangover of a hundred dollars of booze come and go. In that way, it's a really great value proposition.
>>
>>52771552
I think you should read Obzedat :^)
>>
File: 1475795343576.jpg (5KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1475795343576.jpg
5KB, 125x123px
>>52768888
Checked

Also, Elves could also swing GB as well, zombies esper with the introduction of amonket (super unlikely though)

Hoping for dimir faeries to be one of the decks. Would cum so hard
>>
File: 1346395405457.png (338KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
1346395405457.png
338KB, 680x497px
>>52768652
>yfw Gix is a commander and they make Phyrexian their own tribe
>>
>>52771245
>let sire trigger resolve first
>everyone has an empty hand
>draw X off necro
>kill sire
>you now have a hand of several rituals, tutors and probably Will
>everyone else has an empty hand
Am I being memed on here?
>>
>>52771423
>Finnish
No sir. Also i've suffered similar humiliation. Killed myself with a pact trigger once while trying some silly land bouncing maneuver that would have put me in a commanding position. Instead it just knock me out of the game and irritated everyone else.
>>
>>52771648
Gix would be an instant-buy for me, but they've spent a lot of words on how they considered and discarded the notion of using "Phyrexian" as a type.

Just wait for them to decide to do Planes or Factions as a theme.

On the topic of what tribe, perhaps they'll do ones they couldn't get in nice color cycles

>Slivers or Allies
5C. Probably Slivers though they might go with Allies since Tazri failed at actually being an 'ally' Commander while Overlord and Queen are both great commanders who do legit Sliver Tribal.

>Eldrazi
Monobrown! The only problem, of course, is that the only Legendary Eldrazi are the Titans, but three is usually about how many commanders a precon gets so we could see Ulamog, Emrakul, and Kozilek 3.0. Or they could shit on the lore as they put it together and say there are other Eldrazi.

>Elves and Goblins
Oh, they could do that in normal color wheel sets, but they're too damn popular (Despite taking long breaks rather than being on every plane these days. Seriously, we last saw either in BFZ, which is kind of nice.)
>>
>>52771786
imo realistically they will have at least elves, goblins and maybe zombies.
The last one can be either merfolk (most likely) a wild card (slivers) or a white color?
>>
>>52771868
If there's no wildcard, there's no point in them bucking the color wheel. The lazy way would have been white soldiers, blue merfolk, black zombies, red goblins, and green elves. That they didn't take it tells me they have at least one surprise up their sleeves.

It could just be wanting Abzan Elves (Legitimatley in need of a decent commander thanks to LorMor; Jund Goblins at least have Shattergang Bros) but I'd bank on at least one funny business tribe.
>>
File: 20170418_132710-1.jpg (1MB, 2990x1672px) Image search: [Google]
20170418_132710-1.jpg
1MB, 2990x1672px
What do you guys think of this build?
>>
>>52772016
Forgot to mention, order and chaos instant is in there
>>
>>52772016
I don't understand what you're trying to do.
>>
>>52771981
yeah thats what I was thinking

Elves in Abzan
Goblins in Jund
Zombies in Grixis
Merfolk in...esper? Bant?
>>
>>52772016
A bad saskia deck? What are you trying to do here? All I see is mediocre mana dorks
>>
>>52772016
Not bad but it seems lacking in Saskia's best friends Double Damage and Myriad.

Also, do you have enough Ramp? You look close but perilously much seems tied up in creatures.
>>
What are good monogreen answers to things like Avacyn? To turbofog?
>>
>>52772157
Lignify, Song of the Dryads.
>>
>>52772130
Part of the beauty of ditching the wheel is that they don't even need the same color count. Abzan Elves could exist alongside Mono-black or Dimir zombies (or monoblue merfolk, or 5c Slivers)
>>
File: Bonds of Mortality.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Bonds of Mortality.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>52772157
>>
File: 1491978144890.png (556KB, 768x517px) Image search: [Google]
1491978144890.png
556KB, 768x517px
>yfw we get a Bear Tribal and a Legendary Bear commander
>>
>>52772157
Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Tower Above
>>
>>52770965
I've honestly never seen someone play mld just for the fuck of it. My boros deck has a bunch of mld but I usually win the game in the next 5 turns.
>>
>>52772175
Yeah sure let's fucking do monoU goblins then
>>
File: Amoeboid Changeling_SLI.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Amoeboid Changeling_SLI.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>52768722
Changelings.

5c.

Do it
>>
>>52772412
>changelings deck
>reprint Mistform Ultimus and other all types shit from that block
Yeah pls
>>
>>52769410
Here is my list
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa

It's pretty fucking expensive to do a lot of fun stuff though, and it holds its own against the prosh and sharuum in my group. A "better" version of the deck would rock more stax pieces if you were playing in a cutthroat meta, as is Jokulhaups instantly wins the game.
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (567KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
567KB, 640x400px
>>52771446
>>
>>52768652
It says popular so I have no hope, but oh gods please send me a giant pile of skeleton cards. Bring them to life and let me have joy.
>>
>>52772263
I'm not casting cataclysm for shits and giggles. It's because I have a sun Titan with a sword and luminarcs ascension on the field.
>>
>>52772530
It's going to be Goblins, Elves, zombies, and soldiers. Blue will be mixed with each.
>>
>>52769492
I am so happy other people want skeletons too. They need to come back and show up those bastard zombies.
>>
>>52768722
Pirates
Zombies
Construct-Humans
Ninjas
>>
File: tmp_12563-1d7-1571490313.jpg (402KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12563-1d7-1571490313.jpg
402KB, 1424x842px
>>52772615
Zombies and vampires are super gay, no doubt, but I just want to revive a dead meme.
>>
File: 0422.png (210KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210KB, 599x457px
>>52767571

Two people refuse to ever do anything to the other regardless of board position and it's always like playing 2 on 1

>Player A has a doubling season out with verdant Force
>I have a Sol Ring as my only artifact/enchantment
>Player B plays a Naturalize targeting my Sol ring rather than the Doubling Season
>he claims he "has a plan"
>Dies next turn
>mfw

If that's not bad enough they are the two most spiteful players I've ever seen.
>>
>>52772615
Agreed.

>>52772640
I think there's actually been some interest in Ninjas. Sadly pirates have too little support to get to a deck in their limited number of new cards (Which may be true of Ninjas too...)
>>
>>52772812
Pirates don't necessarily need many creatures, just spells that steal your stuff
>>
File: MTG-Young-Mage-QA-with-Papa-Mage.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MTG-Young-Mage-QA-with-Papa-Mage.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
Is he /ourguy/?
>>
>>52770971
>>52771059
Source?
>>
>>52772944
Me.
>>
>>52772882
literally who
>>
>>52772095
>>52772139
Im not experienced
>>
>>52772842
Yeah, but with 50some new cards we get what, 15 a deck with at least one or two probably being shared staples (like maybe a toned down Cavern of Souls that JUST has the anycolor-for-tribe but not uncounterable)? They'd have to come up with at least a few usable Pirates and there's pretty much Kari Zev, Ramirez diPietro, the Rishadans, and... reef pirates?

All in all there are maybe 5 old pirates that even with Wizards setting the quality bar pretty low they'd be able to print, where as I wouldn't guess less than 20 on type creatures for any "tribal" deck. It would be stretched WAY too thin.
>>
>>52773280
14 new cards per deck. Probably something like the duals that require you to reveal a certain tribe or it comes in tapped.

Most likely Goblins (mono-red), Dragons (Scion reprint), Rogue/Faeries (UB) and Humans (GW), because wizards takes the most predictable route.
>>
>>52772882
I have nevwr watched but the pic looks cringy and the people that have wa5ched always talk about stupid gimicks and autism so yeah, he is probably our guy
>>
>>52772944
Some drawfag who does MtG stuff
twitter.com/Haohi_Oterin/status/817960731089866753
>>
Skeletons, treefolk, ogres, clerics. Boom, there is our commander 2017 lineup.
>>
>>52773721
Homarids, Ouphes, Hellions, and Thrulls
>>
>>52773669
>Dragons (Scion reprint)
Just the other day i was wandering on building a Scion reanimator/tribal deck, i really fucking hope this is true
>>
>>52773669
>Humans

That's no where close to iconic. Real options for this product are
>Elves
>Goblins
>Zombies
>Wizards
>Dragons
>Angels
>Slivers

Elves are most definitely going to be a part of the package, beyond that I don't know which of the other options they may pick.
>>
>>52773669
>Humans (GW)
My bet is on Elfs (GW)
>>
>>52772519
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa
>404 page not found
>>
>>52773835
I would also be alright with that. Hellion deck here I come.
>>
>>52773721
I'm ok with this/10
>>
>>52773951
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa-the-black-rose/

Fug, link got cut off in copy/paste.
>>
>>52773835
I'm a fan. Especially Thrulls (Sarpadia was awesome and some of their cards are actually useful unlike, sadly, Homarids.)

If we're wishlisting though I'm going to go Angels, Ninjas, Satyrs, Pirates
>>
The four tribes are gonna be Sphinx, Spike, Skeleton, and Cephalid
>>
>>52772016
Saskia's great. I put like 60 bucks into her after the precon got trashed every time I played it and got this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/autistic-screeching-in-barbarian/

Hope this gives you ideas.
>>
>>52773721
Seem reasonable, but I would change ogres for dwarves.
>>
I love tribal so I should be excited for the new commander set. But I know tribal generally sucks in commander and I'm torn between them supporting the best tribes and not doing anything new or them supporting offbeat tribes and not having enough for them to be playable. At least it's released early this year so I'll see which one it is sooner.
>>
Deflecting palm or comeuppance for a Boros deck with sunforger? Which one is generally better when you have it in hand in your experiences?
>>
NO MORE VIAL SMASHER IN DUEL COMMANDER

RIP BROKEN AS FUCK COMMANDER

;~;7
>>
>>52775166
Redpill me on duel commander, what are some broken REALLY fast commanders dealing damage at incredibly hihg speed?
>>
>>52775220
Zurgo Bellstriker is about as fast as it gets. He was nothing compared to the speed of Vial Smasher though. Like holy fuck man what a retarded card.

>Cast Vial Smasher, pass
>Opponent casts a spell, in response Force of Will, take 5
>Next turn cast Tombstalker for BB, take 8, swing for 2, pass
>Fireblast your opponent for 10 and pay 0 mana to do it
FUCK
>>
>>52775166
What? Did it get banned?
>>
>>52775364
Yeah. It's been a long time coming. The partner mechanic will still remain tier 1 though because it's just fundamentally better to start the game with a 9 card hand rather than an 8 card one.
>>
>>52768652
wow only 4. Guess no Kalemne/Saskia underdog like deck for me this year. Only the popular shit as usual.
>>
>>52773858
Lorwyn commander set PLEASE.
>>
Anyone here /PauperCommander/? How fucked would I be if I went monoblack?
>>
File: darigaazs-caldera.jpg (69KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
darigaazs-caldera.jpg
69KB, 480x680px
what are the secret best utility cards?
>>
>>52775166
Where are you seeing this?
>>
>>52775405
Source? I can't find her in banlist of the site
>>
>>52775628
Definitely not Lairs. Lairs are worst of the 3-coloured lands, easily
>>
I am building a control deck with Ishai and Kraum. I want to know if both of these commanders + cards like bastion protector are already good finishers or if I need more

If I need more finisher, what should I run?
>>
File: 1471359393971.jpg (132KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
1471359393971.jpg
132KB, 396x554px
i have never played edh

i want to get into it. thinking about jhoira or reaper king? other options include rakdos, ruric, skullbriar, uril, or varolz. input?

i don't want to just copy a deck online but i also have 0 experience with this format. plz be nice to me.
>>
So how much you want to bet that Ixalan is just a renamed Atlazan. Which probably didnt do well in test groups because it was hard to pronounce
>>
You can not fathom how hard my dick will be if they bring back Slivers. And not those humanoid fuckers from M14/15.
>>
>>52775716
If you have never played EDH, I highly suggest grabbing a precon and playing with that.

Use it to get used to the format and play-style of edh. If you find you like it, then you can look at either editing the precon to something better or starting from scratch.
>>
File: Diffusion_Sliver.jpg (702KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
Diffusion_Sliver.jpg
702KB, 1200x881px
>>52775790
>not appreciating THICC slivers
>>
>>52775819
that seems like a good suggestion BUT, deck building is like my favorite thing. i'll start looking at some precons but i'd still like advice on which of those commanders i listed are fun. i've always like jhoira as a card.
>>
>>52775672
Go to their facebook page
>>
>>52775716
Don't you dare use a precon.

34-38 lands, 3-8 rocks, 10 heavily interactive spells, around 5 wipes in a normal deck with more if boardwipes are your gimmick.

Check EDHrec for staples in your colors and cards that go with your commander. You'll want the remainder of your deck to be powerful bombs (Blightsteel and friends for Jhoira), format staples (Rhystic Study), and pet cards. Everything in deck building is about ratios.
>>
>>52775718
I pretty sure most people beieve Ixalan is just a renamed Atlazan. The name probably wasn't received well or was just a test name since they didn't want to give the real name. But the packs of Atlazan block were clearly meso-american inspired and Ixalan is a clearly mesoamerican inspired name.
>>
>>52775887
>being in favor of lazy Predator ripoffs.

Man you thickfags just keep sinking to new lows.
>>
>>52775956
yeah that exactly what I was thinking
>>
>>52775921
Commander precons are fine. They're like the only usable precons.
>>
>>52775716
Step 1: Find out what makes you have fun when playing Magic.
Step 2: Find out how that works in the context of Commander.
Step 3: Make a deck that accomplishes it.
Also add in some steps like "Find out what your budget is", and "Find out what the playing field around you is" if possible.

That is at least how I approached EDH. Like, I can tell you how to build Skullbriar or Jhoira effectively, but they're also decks detached from what I find enjoyable. At least get some grasp on what you want to do in a game. For example, Jhoira often attracts a lot of hate from other players in the game, with a very consistent gameplan. Maybe the Spike in you likes playing Archenemy, or maybe you find it suffocating. Maybe there's a Timmy side to you that just likes explosive spells, or you might find the deck boring and repetitive, often winning or losing the same way each time.

edhrec is a good resource, and googling "[commander] edh primer" usually gives some pointers on possible directions. mtgsalv is decent and reddit is shit, but reddit is probably also more representative of the average playgroup.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
26KB, 223x310px
Anyone actually run Stensia Bloodhall?

It's expensive to activate but being able to ping a ticked down Planeswalker or kill a utility creature/commander without it costing a card doesn't seem bad.

My meta is not super fast or hyper combo oriented
>>
>>52776044
>deals 2 damage to target player
You can't kill creatures with it, unless they have Pariah.
That said, it's bad
>>
File: 103734uy5.jpg (156KB, 795x610px) Image search: [Google]
103734uy5.jpg
156KB, 795x610px
>>52775887
Oh I aprecciate THICCNESS, but that's not a Sliver.
>>
File: AztlanMap[1].jpg (36KB, 540x420px) Image search: [Google]
AztlanMap[1].jpg
36KB, 540x420px
>>52775956
Someone from Wizards said they'd never give out an upcoming set name in a survey like that

Also "Atlazan" is almost identical to "Aztlan" which would make since if it's a meso-American block. Also it's so close they'd probably change it not to get shit from the EUROPEANS STOLE MUH LAND RETAKE IT FOR MEXICO shitters who like to protest every now and then
>>
>>52776020
well i'm 100% johnny for sure. i'm the kind of guy who is tempted to make a stangg edh deck. altho years of this bullshit has taught me to try and be at least somewhat reasonable.

budget is certainly a factor. not looking to pick up any 20 dollar cards for this.

is jhoira mostly just "suspend huge shit and wipe the board while you wait"? that sounds fun.

>>52775921
>34-38 lands, 3-8 rocks, 10 heavily interactive spells, around 5 wipes in a normal deck with more if boardwipes are your gimmick.
i appreciate that breakdown a lot.
>format staples (Rhystic Study)
interesting.
>>
>>52767769
>his Voltron didn't have hexproof

Even if you're not running something cool like Tromokratis, why the fuck would you go all-out and not pack fucking Swiftfoot Boots?
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
are there any viable Non-Control lists for Zur?
>>
>>52776288
Yeah it's called combo.
>>
>>52776136
the plan with jhoira is to play stax or chaos to stay alive until you combo with suspend for a huge advantage. sneak attack, omniscience, and crucible are vital if you have them.
>>
>>52776196
With Tower you can also prevent boots equip effect from resolving.
>>
>>52776196
Well, he did have Lightning Greaves, but whenever he tried to equip them, Tower made them slip. At some point someone destroyed them with spot removal or artifact wrath.
>>
>>52776136
The key thing to remember with Jhoira is she is a 5 mana commander not a 3 mana commander
>>
>>52776288
There is Zur Voltron
>>
>>52776328
i have none of those cards. i have very few cards in general. i've played nothing but limited for a while.

i'm surprised how pricey crucible is. i don't mind spending a bit on a few key cards. what is the total for a decent edh deck usually like? hundreds?
>>
>>52776044
>ping a ticked down Planeswalker
I'd rather run a Shivan Gorge
>>
>>52775716
Important starting tip is don't run more than 2 colors for your first deck. You'll inevitably end up with a hot pile of garbage for your manabase if you attempt to do that.
>>
>>52775692
Unless you have a way to abuse the bounce effect.
>>
>>52776406
Depends on the deck and what you want to do with it

General graveyard shenanigans goodstuff with Meren can probably be built for under 100 bucks. Play some self mill cards like Satyr Wayfinder and Grisly Salvage then just a ton of green and black creatures with strong ETB effects like Grave Titan, Hornet Queen, Reclamation Sage, etc.

It's a two color mana base with green so you can run a lot of cheap ramp creatures like Sakura Tribe Elder, Wood Elves, and other cheap green ramp spells to make it so you can run a bunch of basics and still hit what you need
>>
>>52775166
>Yawgmoth’s Bargain is now legal.
>Serra Ascendant is now legal.
>Grindstone is now legal.
>Necropotence is now legal.
>Balance is now legal.
>Marath and Yisan banned as commanders because... because
Lol, what a joke of a format
>>
>>52775692
>worst
Homelands would like a word with you
>>
>>52776520
i've started looking at mtgolfish's budget deck rundowns. rakdos seems fun and affordable.
>>
>>52776406
any one of them can work, but all three is optimal for an unlimited budget. i wouldn't spend more than $200 on a deck before upgrades or other revisions. at the cheapest, you can pick up a number of staples in a precon that the scalpers haven't gotten to first.
>>
>>52768382
pls respond
someone
anyone
>>
>>52774272
Ninja tribal is probably be the only precon I'd consider buying. The Planechase deck came close, it just needs slightly more to work.
>>
>>52776537
people still played 1v1 after they removed commander damage?
>>
>>52776136
Jhoira is essentially:
Big stuff to suspend (Izzet funstuff if you're casual, Eldrazi and MLD if you're competitive)
Reasons to prevent people from attacking you while your big stuff is suspended (pillowfort and flying defenders if you're casual, stax if you're competitive)
A generic control shell (counterspells, spot removal, board wipes and card draw with more focus on the latter two)

>>52776406
You don't need any expensive cards to get a deck that's fun to play, it depends entirely on how competitive the playgroup is. Find a group through your FLGS before you buy anything, borrow a deck and scope out the format and the players.
>>
>>52775910
When EDH was new, before the first Commander products were released, Jhoira was one of the early juggernauts of the format. It was super easy to suspend Obliterate/Decree of Annihilation and then an Eldrazi. I rarely see her played anymore because players either tired of doing the same thing every game or they just got hated out of every game they started by their playgroup.

I personally don't have a problem with that kind of strategy but she really doesn't fit well in a casual playgroup. She's not a great first general. You might get discouraged while playing her because a lot of EDH players are big babies about certain kinds of decks.
>>
>>52776537
Okay Marath at least has a buncha degenerate infinite combos but I have never even seen anyone play Yisan. How is this slow-build no-protection loser any better than Omnath, Azusa, or Selvala?
>>
File: 1436742659560.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
1436742659560.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>52777671
>instant speed tutor on each turn
>places directly on battlefield
>color with infinite hexproof and regenerate options

gee, anon, what a perplexing question
>>
Rebels, Birds, Dwarves, and Minions
>>
>>52778745
Expected:
Goblins, Elves, Soldiers, Wizards/Merfolk

Hope:
Slivers, Ninjas, Knights, Dwarves

Honorable Mention:
Zombies/Skeletons
>>
>>52769164
>humans
They'll advertise it as humans, but it's actually werewolves.

They need to fix their zombie / werewolf related mistakes.
>>
>>52779638
Werewolves are a shallow as fuck tribe anyway, and we have plenty of good zombie commanders anyway. Though I wouldn't be surprised if zombies was a tribe they picked.

Werewolf/kithkin/human/ninja are all too unsupported. Showing up in one or two blocks does not an iconic tribe make.
>>
>>52779825
Them being unsupported is a great reason to print 56 new cards across four decks, anon.

Both the tribes I listed were recently screwed out of playable commanders- Ulrich and Ludevic.
>>
>>52775716

i think all the different commanders you listed are pretty sweet, varolz is whatever i guess but the others are all solid

here's what you need to know about general edh deckbuilding:

35-40 lands, you want less lands the more mana rocks you have, and also less lands if you are trying to cast a high volume of spells such as in a storm-type deck
5-15 mana accelerants, unlike other formats, in edh, basically every deck is a ramp deck. if you want to run lots of expensive spells, you need a high amount of mana accelerants
7-10 card draw effects, 1 mana cantrips count as 1/2 a card draw effect here. edh is all about card advantage, there is pretty much 0 chance of winning by just curving out and dropping your hand on the board in the first couple turns like you can in other formats (not to say that dumping your hand super fast is bad, i just mean that you have to always refill and that means card draw, being at 0-1 cards in hand is essentially losing the game in edh)
7-15 interaction spells, for every deck that isnt completely all in on some weird combo (and most of those decks too), you need to have ways to remove and counter your opponents' stuff. you probably want 3-5 of these to be wipes of some kind

the rest is kinda up to you to fill with threats that you like. one thing to consider is that undercosted beatsticks are less valuable when you start with 40 life and have multiple opponents
>>
>>52776378
he should have leonin shikari
>>
>>52779825
elves / goblin / soldier / vampire

calling it now
>>
File: IMG_0312.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Did you guys buy anything today?

Pic related, I needed Sol Ring and Rings of Brighthearth for Triad of Fates. The lands are for Scion of the Ur-Dragon; I wanted forests because forests are the easiest to grab off of spells, and I already had g/w g/u fetchlands. Always being able to get green means I have access to my ramp spells no matter what I fetch.
>>
>>52780289

Think so? My instinct was actually that they would go with lesser played tribes rather than the staple tribes

I mean we already had an elf precon deck, I think it would be weird for them to give us another even if it was golgari this time
>>
>>52780356
Today? No. Last Friday I bought a Hallowed Fountain for future decks that'll use WU.
>>
Who is a good monoGreen commander besides Azusa? I played her for forever but tossed her into Gitrog who I find more fun with the same strategy.
>>
>>52780437

I really like yeva, flash is my favorite keyword

Other solid ones are yisan, omnath, oviya pashiri, selvala heart of the wilds
>>
>>52780356
Alotttttt of foiled scarecrows
>>
File: yasova.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
yasova.png
139KB, 223x311px
Most fun UG/URG commanders?
Yasova looks interesting and a good pick for a Threaten deck, while Kruphix just enables casting spells with fuckhuge cost, but unfortunately doesn't get any Fireball type spells.
>>
File: Queen Marchesa.png (168KB, 244x348px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Marchesa.png
168KB, 244x348px
>>52769410
Make them work for their fun.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/
>>
>>52773835
Other uncommon or block-specific critters: Licids. Kavu. Spellshapers. Mongers. Llacolith creatures (I know, it's not a proper createure type).
>>
File: .99241 pain.jpg (52KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
.99241 pain.jpg
52KB, 604x455px
>>52768722
Apparently they're "popular" tribes, meaning elves. Probably zombies.

I can see vampires.

Sigh.

Fuck.

Like I'm not asking for anything crazy obscure like cephalids, but PLEASE don't be tribes that already have a shitload of support.
>>
Predictions:
1. Zombie tribal with white, because of course that's what people want now that embalm is a thing.
2. Artificer tribal, because people wanted a legendary UR artificer and making it tribal is fine, right :^)
3&4: Hoping for knights or something but not holding my breath
>>
Soul sisters in edh, can it be done? Are there enough sister cards to stretch across 100? More importantly, can it be done in mono white?
>>
File: image.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
I just heard the news! I love tribal, give me cats! They're popular, right?
>>
File: hapatravizierofpoisons.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hapatravizierofpoisons.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-o-x-i-c/
What cards am I missing, aside from Amonkhet ones?

>>52780437
Selvala and Yisan are probably the best mono-green commanders, but Titania and Omnath are the most fun.

>>52767571
We go easy on new players, especially people who recently started building around precons. Otherwise, the politics are fairly logical as the group is pretty good at threat assessment.
>>
>>52767571
>duel commander politics
Hostile chess
>>
>>52781970
>What cards am I missing, aside from Amonkhet ones?
Quillspike?
>>
>>52781558
You can easily build a lifegain deck but soul sisters is too slow for edh i fear. Efficent 1-2 drops are good in 1v1 20 life formats but in edh you usually have to deal with 3 other people at least so you have to come up with a way to deal 120 damage in a reasonable amount of time. Try some pillowfort WB lifegain deck, popular wincons are Exquisite Blood+Sanguine Bond straight up Exsanguinate someone thanks to the Big Black Mana or use Aetherflux Reservoir
>>
File: necrotic.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
necrotic.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52782033
Shit good call. Think it's worthwhile to run Necrooze for combos?
>>
>>52768872
yes that's the only way to play, just blow everything up and kill
>>
>>52782059

i think so
>>
>>52780437
Monocolor is boring, if you want fun go for 2 allied colors, trust me
>>
>>52768652

>god tribal
>eldrazi tribal
>horror tribal
>praetor tribal

which would win?
>>
>>52782274
>Praetors
>5
>not even indestructible
>not relevant
>Eldrazi that can compete with gods
>3
>maybe another 3-4, the ones with annihilator
>Horrors
>not relevant
>Gods
>20 big indestructible evasive guys with bonkers effects
Jeez i wonder who would win
>>
>>52782317
>eldrazi that can compete with God
ZERO, each is dead or incapped, BTFO by the Space Cadetes
>>
>Oketra doesn't make cats
How am I supposed to love this?
>>
>>52782553
Could you imagine if Oketra made cat or cat soldier tokens? Cat tribal would be godlike.
>>
>>52782680
Can I imagine? It's all I wanted, to make the perfect "Kemba" style deck lead by Bastet herself.
>>
Hey duelfags is Sidar-Tana saproling weenies viable?
>>
>>52782806
Yeah that sounds dope. Run them right through with Sidar
>>
>>52782806
No.
>>
>>52768722
Only four?

So uh.. Goblins, Elves, Merfolk, and... Soldiers/Zombies?
>>
>>52783013
Why are you so weak, you can't find a way to capitalize on ETB's
>>
>>52783013
Maybe Tana+Bruse then?
>>
>>52783249
Or Akiri+X cheerios/affinity?
>>
>>52783249
Stop picking aggro/tempo cards that have the same CMC dude.

But there's not much of a reason to play something other than RW Partners or Reyhan/Bruse as the decks are simply too good.
>>
>>52783287
What about this
>>52783264
Akiri+Tymna with a fuckload of 0 cmc artifact and cranial plating
>>
>>52777094
"Still play"
>>
>>52768652
>56 all new cards legal in vintage and standard

what did they mean by this?

Which tribe is getting some spicy new tech?
>>
File: oogity boogity boo.gif (137KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
oogity boogity boo.gif
137KB, 300x168px
SKELETONS!

Skeleton tribal!

I need all your juicy and calcified skeleton+tribal tech!
>>
>>52783460
They meant the new cards are technically playable in vintage and legacy, just like all brand new cards they print in supplemental sets. Barring Conspiracies, of course. Playable does not necessarily mean Viable.
>>
>>52783527
but are they going to reprint ninjutsu?
>>
>>52768652
>tfw want Ninja tribal edh to be a thing but ninjas aren't remotely popular enough to have a chance of getting new things
>>
>>52783792
It'd be nice, if so.
>>
>>52782059
Necrotic Ooze is just solid in general. Even if you yourself aren't running any particular combos, you'd be surprised what you see in your opponent's graves
>Hey Azami, is that an Arcanis in your graveyard?
>N-no...
>K well I'm just gonna draw 3 if you don't mind
>>
The tribals are gonna be no-types(nameless race), lamia's, thalakos and nautilus, screenshot this.
>>
>>52768781
>Serra PW
How about a Return to Dominaria with Serra (W), Urza (R), Yawgmoth (B), Krosa (G), and idk maybe Ixidor (U) as Walkers?

I can dream
>>
>>52784284
Only two of those are actually 'walkers and while Urza has some play in all Breya's colors he's mostly blue.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-partner-aggro/

I've never played duel commander, how does this look, duelfags?
>>
File: 1492135900188.jpg (83KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492135900188.jpg
83KB, 750x750px
What's a fun, cheap, casual jank deck about as strong as a precon?

Turns out, I'm too autistic to build reasonably powerful decks and I really want something I can scale up as he improves his precons. Normally I build various reanimator/cantrip type things, but I'm pretty easy going and open to suggestions in any colour combo.
>>
As someone who has been out of the loop for a long while; what's the story with "duel commander?"
>>
>>52785178
1v1 with 20 life and his own banlist
>>
>>52785178
>hurr 40 life is too much, let's make it 30
>wait, what if we make it 20?! Then I can play a red burn deck and we don't need commander damage.
>And also, let's make an even more retarded banlist than sheldor's because why not?
>but banned as commander is fine.
>>
>>52785196
That doesn't sound like a good time...

>>52785200
Yeah, duel sounds pretty not bueno.
>>
>>52785273
>>52785273
It's really not. It's the equivalent of final destination no items fox only.
>>
>>52785178
The default banlist is aimed at casual multiplayer games, so some guys made rules for competitive 1v1 games instead. There's a current rift about whether it should have 20 or 30 starting life, and MTGO seems to be showing interest in hosting tourneys and regulating the format. You should probably just play a real tournament format instead, but for people who for some reason want to be Spikes in EDH, it beats playing with rules that assumes your decks are all suboptimal.
>>
>BFZ doesnt rotate out when almonket comes out

holy fucking shit i just want an ulamog for a not retarded price why did wizards not just stick to their guns and keep standard rotating faster?
>>
>>527851023
Oloro with lots of removal and counterspells and a few big creatures like eldrazi or the indestructible colossi and some life gain and alt-win conditions like aetherflux reservoir. Just make sure you have at least 33 lands (probably more) and a couple good mana rocks.
>>
I want to make life misery for my playgroup, i want to destroy lands but not be full stax, what type of commander do i pick?
>>
>>52785633
Zo-zu the punisher. Zurgo Helmsmasher. Kaalia of the Vast. Kiki-Jiki, mirror breaker.
>>
>>52785633
Gitrog, recurring wasteland and the like
>>
Is 36 lands too much for Krenko? I'm going to put in a sol ring for sure
>>
>>52785200
Why not just play Highlander at that point.
>>
File: jhoira_of_the_ghitu.jpg (47KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
jhoira_of_the_ghitu.jpg
47KB, 255x361px
>>52785633
>suspend giant annihilator creatures
>MLD
>giant annihilator creates come in and stop anyone from being able to stick lands ever again
>>
>>52785633
A red or red/blue one so you can abuse Ruination, Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon, and maybe Back to Basics. Hating out nonbasics is ALWAYS fair game.
>>
How big of a target am I painting on myself for using Thoughts of Ruin in a Nekusar deck?
>>
I love the way the guys from MTGoldfish's Commander Clash play magic so I try to emulate their way of politics. Unfortunately for me my playgroup consists of salty, whiny dudes that don't make any sort of deals. Which is fine I guess, to each their own.
>>
>>52786450
I like making deals in EDH.
Too bad the only deals I saw being made was when the Nim player asked me to fog and save him from 50 zombies. In exchange he'd make the zombie player deck out from Nim forcing him to draw while he had Al's Archive and then concede afterwards.
>>
File: Camel_AN.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Camel_AN.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Requesting the camel secret banding tech image and explanation

The defending against trample thing
>>
File: defensive.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
defensive.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52786852
I'd give you am image/explanation but honestly the comp rules say it as cleanly as I can for once

>During the combat damage step, if an attacking creature is being blocked by a creature with banding, or by both a [quality] creature with “bands with other [quality]” and another [quality] creature, the defending player (rather than the active player) chooses how the attacking creature’s damage is assigned. That player can divide that creature’s combat damage as he or she chooses among any number of creatures blocking it. This is an exception to the procedure described in rule 510.1c.

702.21k covers banding attackers in a similar fashion.

I guess I can do layman's terms? When a banding creature is in combat with another creature, the banding creature's controller chooses EXACTLY what gets hurt and how much by anything that could hurt the Banding creature.

In fact, pic kinda related. If you're just worried about blocking, banding gives you that.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>52787517
>>52787517
>>52787517
>>52787517
>>
What's some good card advantage for a naya deck that can reliably generate tokens?

Got skullclamp down.
>>
>>52772130
This is what I'm hoping for. Especially abzan elves.
>>
>>52785528
Because their lazy asses stopped releasing core sets and blocks are smaller
>>
>>52787549
Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious, Mentor of the Meek, Evolutionary Leap. If your tokens are mostly green, Regal Force. If you also have fatties, Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk Primal Hunter, Greater Good, Momentous Fall.
>>
>>52787549
Skullmulcher
Shamanic Revelation
Sylvan Lybrary
Mentor of the Meek
Fecundity
if you have loads of saprolings Psycothrope Thallid
>>
File: 1476845665310.jpg (63KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
1476845665310.jpg
63KB, 277x401px
>>52772130
You got the all right except Elves are Naya and Esper are Vedalken Wizards
>>
>>52785273
>>52785357

I disagree, the banlist makes a lot more sense than the multiplayer one, and 20 life is objectively better than 40 life. 40 life serves no purpose but to make Aggro weaker, and why would you want Aggro to be weaker?
>>
>>52785357

>he plays melee with items on
>>
>>52785881

Because being able to build around a commander is fun
>>
>>52787809
Honestly playing multiplayer already hoses a lot aggro since you have to deal 60 damage instead of 20 so i guess 40 is just to avoid games where someone gets killed fast early and does nothing for the next hour and a half
>>
>>52786422
You've got a massive target on you just for playing Nekusar.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.