[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes, I think about posting on a different board than /tg/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 36

File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 489x285px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 489x285px
Sometimes, I think about posting on a different board than /tg/. Then I see this kinda shit in someone's signature and I remember why /tg/ is my go to spot.

>Because people get offended when you tell them your credentials in the middle of a debate, I'm listing them here:
>I'm a genius with around 150 IQ.(Not an internet test. Rolling Eyes )
>Roughly 90% wins in 40k
>Top 20% of every major GT entered, including the LVO and Adepticon
>I can look at 2 units w/ their special rules and tell you which one is better in X circumstance without doing math.
>I hope these things help you to understand me as a person, so that I don't come across as arrogant when I talk to you. I'm not normal. The difference between my IQ and the average person is greater than the difference between the average person and someone who is mentally retarded. Imagine everyone around you being very slow to understand, if at all, of all of the things you instantly understand. It makes interaction difficult. People take offense easily. I mean no offense. Please forgive me.

I love you /tg/. Discuss why you come to /tg/ and how we can make this an even better board. Or post TT-forum horror stories
>>
Get your meta shit outta here
>>
>>52785074
This.
>>
File: 1479053709952.jpg (53KB, 604x389px) Image search: [Google]
1479053709952.jpg
53KB, 604x389px
>>52785067
>autism speaks

Yeah but nah /tg/ is great, it has it's slow spots but the anonymity means the hyperautism of most games forums is avoided.

Also you can call a cunt a cunt when they need to be called a cunt.
>>
>>52785067
>Sometimes, I think about posting on a different board than /tg/. Then I see this kinda shit in someone's signature
Did you mean a different forum? 4chan as a whole is a group of imageboards, and no board on 4chan allows for signatures.
>>
>>52785113
yeah different forum. I'm not gonna call names and shit, since I don't want to get too meta >>52785074

Just wanted to share an anecdote that made me appreciative of /tg/.
>>
>>52785067
>plays 40k
>says he's smart
>not smart enough to understand why people consider him a tremendous cunt
>>
>>52785067
I can never post anywhere else. I've spent years doing various things, but I have no "internet credibility" due to my consistent anonymity over the past... 11 years. I don't want to deal with identity politics and circlejerking fags. It's like in the last 5 years everything worthwhile on the internet got reduced to a bunch of extremely autistic idiots making cliques that have nothing to do with their actual abilities or aptitudes.

I'd like to have friends, I'd like to have a community that appreciates me, but I'll just settle for consistent thankless quality posting anonymously here. I just wish those fags would stay in their containment zones so I can pretend everything is fine.
>>
>>52785184
Sometimes I consider posting somewhere else. Somewhere a little less 'negative'. Then I see the kind of culture that those circumstances breed and I'm back here.
>>
>>52785067
>ask about examples about the failings of an rpg
>get told anecdotes about how the rpg is good
People who feel the urge to reply to a topic without adressing the OPs point set my teeth on edge. Or people who haven't played ir read the book poating in the thread. Fucking rpg.net
>>
>>52785084
I wish /tg/ was less tolerant of namefags though, they seem to be coming out the woodwork lately.
>>
>>52785203
That's exactly how I feel. For example, I'm a fairly good writer, and I'm one of the staple non-autistic /edh/ posters, but I just don't want to argue with someone whose only counter argument is "look at my name and suck my dick" followed by an endless parade of parroting idiots.

I recently got a job as a middle manager in retail, and people are exactly as horrible as you think they are. They're a bunch of mindless, tribalistic idiots who only ever think about themselves. Lately I've been trying to treat people with love and compassion instead of pure unadulterated contempt, but it's incredibly hard to have faith in something that consistently proves its flaws are reality.
>>
>>52785230
you just gotta except that any original work you post is gonna get savaged. Which is fine, if you have an iota of self-confidence.

I remember a Warhammer forum I used to frequent. A guy was sculpting his own monsters out of putty because he was too cheap to buy miniatures. Which is fine.

However, they looked like something a 5th grader made, just shapes of clay. But people were giving him 'constructive' feedback and it became this circle jerk of friendliness because they were afraid to lose a new poster on their forum or some shit.

>I should have saved that shit.
>>
>>52785221
I literally almost never even look at the name field.
I totally missed it when a recent quad nine had a name of "check em" until someone pointed it out.
Once in a blue moon someone will post something extraordinarily faggoty and I'll go, wait... Look up up, and it's a namefag.
But that's it.

Also, there are still at least two bro tier namefags our there.
>>
>>52785221
>lately namefags
You weren't here during the days of RAWK LOBSTAR et al, were you? Namefags have always been prevalent.

It's just more noticeable in some Generals because you see them with more regularity.
>>
>>52785315
Thanks anon, now I've got the damn song stuck in my head again. Fucking B-52's.
>>
>>52785221
4chan in general is falling the fuck apart at the seams and /tg/ ain't an exception. While I agree fully with the sentiments in this thread, the simple fact is that this website is in its death throes.

No fucking clue where I'm going next. As has been pointed out repeatedly in this thread, most communities consist of way more "look at my name and suck my dick" than is interesting.
>>
>>52785287
Sweet jesus I know what you mean. There's literally nothing wrong with saying something's bad, it's the only way to improve in some cases.

I find they worship lower serving members to indoctrinate them into their cult, and act like staunch jackasses about anyone with a modicum of talent because it threatens the status quo. I just have no time for that shit whatsoever, which is why I like /tg/. If you're good, and your opinion has merit, it doesn't matter if you're some skub sucking scrub who plays a geist of st. traft seamonster tribal and shitposts for 10+ hours every day. In that one brief moment you reach enlightenment and people recognize/appreciate it.
>>
>>52785287
>you just gotta except that any original work you post is gonna get savaged. Which is fine, if you have an iota of self-confidence.
This is why I come here.
I am a better writer, debater, and artist than when I came.
And a better GM.
/tg/ has improved my approach to gaming in general.
And it did all while also incoherently cussing like a 13 year old on holiday.

Also, it's "accept" not "except"
>>
>>52785221

I dunno. I have a soft spot for namefags on /tg/, because I remember when we had good namefags. People who improved threads, like Mr Rage, or our many content creators.

Sometimes, being able to recognize someone is useful.
>>
>>52785230
>I recently got a job as a middle manager in retail, and people are exactly as horrible as you think they are.
Some advice:
It is my opinion that 99.9% of the human race is completely useless to me.
The only way I get through life is by treating everyone I encounter as if they are the rare exception until they conclusively prove otherwise.
>>
>>52785362
>Sometimes, being able to recognize someone is useful.

This is literally only true if they are doing something productive-- Drawfagging, running a quest, actively building and distributing a free system/setting, etc. And the name should be taken off after that activity is done. Anything else is just attention whoring bullshit.

Given that /tg/ doesn't get shit done anymore, there's no real excuse for namefags.
>>
>>52785337
I came to 4chan in 2014/13 (I forget) because I wanted a place I could talk to people, but I didn't need to log in and have a name and get circlejerked in an echochamber. 4chan never pulled punches and you could have both stupid arguments and intelligent conversations at the same fucking time. However, I think 4chan has become popular as of lately, and that's caused an influx of people from other sites (we all know which sites they're coming from) which don't know how to deal with the eco-system 4chan. Instead they're an invasive species that doesn't have a natural predator to keep their population under control.
>>
>>52785337
>>52785416
You two are just being nostalgiafags. 4chan was always shit, and it will continue that proud tradition of being shit for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>52785315
>dat everything

Unf
>>
>>52785380

The important thing to remember is that they are people too. Despite what the tiny glimpse of their lives you see might indicate, they have a lifetime of experience and goals and shit. What they are doing has to, on some level, make sense to them in the context of their life. Almost no one is an asshole just for the pure sake of it. If you can figure out what makes them tick, chances are good you can figure out how to coexist better for mutual gain, so long as your goals are not mutually exclusive.

Granted, thats more of a personal solution than anything else. I have autism, so any conversation where I am not constantly reminding myself to think how the other person is thinking is going to be a bad time.
>>
>>52785337
>the simple fact is that this website is in its death throes
It hurts, anon.
>>
>>52785067
>post TT-forum horror stories
I have none because I go nowhere else.
But I will share this:
I first lingered here because I used ttrpg sites just for the amusing stories and this was the only place where people didn't spend the first third of their story pointlessly describing their entire party and it's history to tell one damn anecdote.
That was the carrot.
Now I'm trapped under the box with rest of you faggots.
Party on.
>>
>>52785450
>Nothing ever changes
>4chan is a rock of solidarity standing against the entire internet

Sure.
>>
>>52785380
>The only way I get through life is by treating everyone I encounter as if they are the rare exception until they conclusively prove otherwise.
That's exactly right. I guess it doesn't matter because it's anonymous, but I work for a company that does food samples and recently our company got bought out. I used to be able to go to work every day and talk to that subhuman filth with energy and enthusiasm, but lately I just can't look these assholes in the eye. They're rich, successful people who can't formulate a single sentence, criticize and bitch about free food, while also being cheap smarmy fucks. At the same time, the staff that actually works for the store are pretentious about their better paying jobs and security when I literally work twice as hard for longer shifts without break, every day.

It's just so dehumanizing and before I started trying to be nice to people, it was making me actively hate people, but they aren't all bad. Sure, lots of them are, but a few are nice and it's not fair to lump them in with the writhing horrible masses.
I think that's why I like 4chan, because I can tell people like that criticism they couldn't receive in real life, and this is why I cant integrate anywhere else, because people will never understand that. It has nothing to do with being smarter than other people or thinking you're better than them, it's like the Thunderdome for ideas and rhetoric.

Fuck, if this place dies I don't know what I'm going to do. Also, is there even anywhere else I can talk about commander?
>>
>>52785337
>falling apart at the seams

That is the best I've ever heard it described. The quality of this site has drastically declined in the last few years, but I continue to visit because it's so much worse everywhere else. Anyone know if there's some shangri-la that we can retreat to when /tg/ goes tits up?
>>
>>52785337
I've been using since 04 or 05, and trust me, these are nothing like death throes. Yet.
>>
>>52785416

Im of the opinion that 4chan is simply being made to sleep in the bed in made. We signed the better part of ourselves away when we decided that being contrarian was what defined us.

The ability to be contrary is useful, but if being contrary is your stated goal, regardless of context or circumstance, you're just being a screeching asshole.

It also left us wide open for festering extreme opinions to make a home here and slowly declare themselves the new site culture, which is how you end up with /pol/. After all, you have to let them be as vile as possible and shit up your thread and your board. You dont want this place to be a *hugbox*, do you?
>>
>>52785533
Redditor spotted, confiscate those double dubs.
>>
File: 1433267435559.jpg (16KB, 321x325px) Image search: [Google]
1433267435559.jpg
16KB, 321x325px
>>52785406
>running a quest
>something productive
>>
>>52785084

I do wish more people knew just how freeing anonymous communication was.

There's something wonderful about being forced to take someone at their word, and know that they're forced to do the same, because there is no frame of reference or established hierarchy.

The idea that I could be having a flaming row with an anon in one thread but eagerly agreeing and collaborating them in another, simultaneously, is one of those unique phenomena that makes me willing to trawl through all the bullshit that is also a necessary side effect of anonymity.
>>
>>52785519
There's nowhere to retreat to. This site's quality has declined drastically in the last few years because the entire fucking internet's quality has declined drastically in the last few years. Smartphones causing less content creation and consumer engagement, linking everything to your real name, native advertising/shills, and the general consolidation of typical usage cases down to an ever-dwindling number of websites have all combined to ruin us.

The bastards and normies already won.
>>
>>52785558
Whine and bitch and cry if you want, but it's still OC creation, and your 500000th pathfinder general is not.
>>
>>52785221
Angelanon is pretty great though, and should post with her name attached more often

And ND was practically a paragon of namefags before he migrated to an inferior board, the only people who still had issues with him were people who were still butthurt over that one quest ending.
>>
>>52785562
Fucking this.
>>
>>52785578
4chan still stands, and while it does, the normies have not yet won.
>>
>>52785533
>After all, you have to let them be as vile as possible and shit up your thread and your board. You dont want this place to be a *hugbox*, do you?
Objectively wrong. The problem with /pol/ is that some posters are actually very good at what they do, and people who define themselves in antithesis to that attitude are the first ones to fall victim to their tricks.

Just tell them to fuck off and post smug anime pictures. They'll screech like a retard for a while, but if no one engages with their retarded conversation, they'll get bored and move on to somewhere easy, like /pol/ or /sp/ or wherever. Alternatively, you can be nice and educate the lesser on effective strategies to up their game, which will completely demoralize them. It's really easy to get them to fuck off, just don't give them oceans of (you)'s for easy bait that isn't even entertaining.
>>
>>52785455
I have a similar issue, not due to autism, but because I think backwards, like solving a maze from the inside out.
It causes me to view and present things opposite of how normal people do.
I often praise something I really like by pointing out how small and insignificant it's worst flaw is.
Which is okay when describing a system, but incredibly shitty when thanking someone for a gift.
My hugbox home life and unhelpful friends caused me to go most of my life without even realizing this.

But you are 100% right about people. I once got into a huge fight with somsone over one line on a tv show about a guy who scammed by getting injured for money.
They relentlessly defended the fictional guy we knew almost nothing about for no rational reason until I remembered that the person arguing had been injured in an accident.
They were responding emotionally to things I hadn't even acknowledged.
>>
>>52785620
>and post smug anime pictures

And now you're just as annoying as /pol/. Good job. 10/10. Pity /pol/ still wins by default as they've disrupted your conversation.
>>
>>52785533
A) This place will never be a hug box
B) nu-/pol/ is the problem since they've been flooded with those disgusting normies who this /pol/ culture is the culture of 4chan, and that they have to push their culture onto the other boards to be welcomed. Fuck off we're full.
C) Don't fucking double space. It pisses me off and I know you come from Reddit. At least your not Tumblr, they're worse
>>
File: 1491266435733.png (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1491266435733.png
5KB, 300x168px
>>52785634
Sure bud, if that's how you really feel.
>>
>>52785635
>C) Don't fucking double space. It pisses me off and I know you come from Reddit. At least your not Tumblr, they're worse

Your crying is only a reinforcing benefit. Readability is more important than your little bitch concerns, and I've been doing this long before Reddit existed.
>>
>>52785635
>/pol/ culture is the culture of 4chan
Obnoxious, edgy contrarianism has always been the culture of 4chan. /pol/ is literally just /b/ now.
>>
>>52785635
>I know you come from Reddit.
Or he's phoneposting you great big wally. You know how big a post looks through the mobile interface?
>>
>>52785635
Anon, legible formatting isn't "reddit spacing". In a world without indentation line breaks are king.
>>
>>52785646
>>52785654

This. Making posts actually readable rather than cluttered boxes of text is just good etiquette.
>>
>>52785635
I was double spacing my posts before reddit was a thing.

I'm not going to stop just because it triggers your kind.

Fuck you, I do what I want.
>>
>>52785649
The problem with /pol/ is that they take it too fucking seriously. That's my biggest problem with 4chan and the internet in general nowadays.
>>
>>52785639
Hey, you can wallow in the mud fighting with pigs if you want, just recognize that you are indeed accomplishing nothing other than spreading the shit and filth farther.
>>
>>52785615
4chan is already riddled with normies, redditors and similar cancer
>>
File: 1433195465648.jpg (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1433195465648.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
>you're face when there are people on this board right now who are not genius level IQ
>>
>>52785685
You only need a frog and to go back to /r9k/
>>
File: bro check the digits.png (150KB, 206x405px) Image search: [Google]
bro check the digits.png
150KB, 206x405px
>>52785687
>your face when an anime poster can't use the right form of "your"
>>
File: Oreki_houtarou.png (154KB, 463x354px) Image search: [Google]
Oreki_houtarou.png
154KB, 463x354px
>>52785678
Nice purple rhetoric, friend. You seem awfully upset over basically nothing.
>>
File: goldstarforeffort.png (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
goldstarforeffort.png
80KB, 500x475px
>>52785713
>purple rhetoric
>>
File: IRONIC_FILENAME.png (258KB, 1135x1002px) Image search: [Google]
IRONIC_FILENAME.png
258KB, 1135x1002px
>>52785067
liked and subscribed
>>
>>52785685
It says was except in the very early days. Remember project chanology? That stuff didn't happen without normie bandwagoning
>>
File: 1480328793210.png (118KB, 956x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1480328793210.png
118KB, 956x1002px
>>52785533
>Im of the opinion that 4chan is simply being made to sleep in the bed in made.
Technically correct.

>We signed the better part of ourselves away when we decided that being contrarian was what defined us.
You are fundamentally wrong.
/tg/ has always had contrarians, but /tg/ is not contrarianism.

>>52785416
>I think 4chan has become popular as of lately, and that's caused an influx of people from other sites (we all know which sites they're coming from) which don't know how to deal with the eco-system 4chan.
This is exactly what's happening.
We can either teach and grow with the new blood, all of changing for the better while Getting shit done and mocking stupid cunts.
Or, we can reject the new blood, treat everything as foreign intruders, and let the host body die as it lived.
>>
>>52785635
I've been here looooong before /tg/ was even a thing.

You can eat shit.
>>
>>52785067
>genius
>thinks being able to win at 40k is a credential
>>
File: 1492114532883.png (247KB, 540x676px) Image search: [Google]
1492114532883.png
247KB, 540x676px
>>52785067
>sometimes, I think about posting on a different board than /tg/
So am I supposed to come here to talk about anime or lifting? How autistic do you have to be the solely browse only a single board?
>>
>>52785287
We can sometimes go too far, though. Or a troll will use that as an excuse to bait while not providing anything of substance.

It's important to not just roast newfags and not just coddle them. Middle ground.
>>
>>52785792

Those are bad examples. I know for a fact that /tg/ has excellent conversations on both anime and lifting.
>>
>>52785818
>weebs kobayashi posting anytime dragons are mentioned
>white knights raving that women are just as stronk as men
>>
>>52785221
We're not allowed to be intolerant of namefags anymore. Just the other week, I got a warning and had my post deleted just for telling one to fuck off.

4chan has spoken.
>>
>>52785734
Ironically enough, you just gave a practical demonstration of how my exact strategy works. If I didn't reply anymore at this point, the argument is effectively diffused, barring samefaggotry. Smug can only be met with smug without making a self-aware poster look ridiculous, and tossing out a logical fallacy as a buzzword is a great way to trigger the shift in attitude from autism to pseudo-intellectual, particularly with /pol/.
>>
>>52785606
Literally who on the first. Objectively wrong on the second, unless spamming cringey erp trash is improving content.
>>
>>52785455
>Almost no one is an asshole just for the pure sake of it
That depends on how you define "the pure sake of it". Most people are assholes because the impulse they have at the moment is to be an asshole, and most people aren't critical of their impulses as long as following them is in any way gratifying.
>>
>>52785221
I have name and tripfags filtered by default.
No, there's no "that one cool guy"
>>
>>52785832
>Smug can only be met with smug without making a self-aware poster look ridiculous

You have been brainwashed by this website.
>>
>>52785646
>>52785672
This. I've been posting like this on 4chan since 2007, and this year is the first I've ever heard of anything called 'reddit spacing'.
>>
>>52785832
>If I didn't reply anymore at this point, the argument is effectively diffused, barring samefaggotry.

Or them just restarting the argument in another thread you don't see. You're not "diffusing" the argument, you're just spreading it further around the board.
>>
How the hell did this thread got so many bumps?
>>
>>52785315
I remember sergalfag.

What a show.
>>
>>52785911
>77 replies, 34 posters

Well gee Timmy, it seems pretty fucking obvious that there's a handful of people that all remember a better 4chan and are nostalgic as hell about it.
>>
>>52785924
It's one of the most obvious baits I've ever seen.
There's a designated board to talk about the site.
>>
>>52785911
Because despite all the shitposting and autism, sometimes its nice to be reminded that there's a reason we all stay here.
>>
>>52785907
I think you're missing the point. Where are you going to get the most (you)'s? A general of course, and this is a sure fire way to get someone to leave your general and shitpost somewhere else. Who cares if some random lore building/do space marines have big penises/which chaos god matches your buttplug thread gets shitted up a bit, it's necessary. If these shitposters were met unilaterally with the same response, they would leave for greener pastures.

I know the problem is with new posters serving as easy bait, and that's more difficult to remedy, unless board culture is to be casually dismissive with obvious trolls.
>>
>>52785911
I'm just amazed that the "evil religio"n and the "mtg players are smelly so here's a /pol/ derail" are still alive.

I mean, they're really shitty threads, I can't believe have haven't been deleted. At least this thread has nostalgia and self back padding.
>>
>>52785947
>Where are you going to get the most (you)'s? A general of course

False. Dedicated bait threads are better.

>to get someone to leave your general and shitpost somewhere else

Oh, I fucking get it. You're a general fag who doesn't give a shit about board health.

>If these shitposters were met unilaterally with the same response, they would leave for greener pastures.

Also you don't understand how 4chan works, nice.
>>
>>52785940
But we're talking mostly about /tg/. We couldn't have this discussion on other boards because why the fuck would they talk about /tg/?
>>
>>52785672
This.

Putting a break after a post number looks a bit shit tho.
>>
>>52785940
It's not about the site, it's about /tg/ board culture. Plus sharing horror stories from other tg-related communities. Which you might qualify as meta-shit-posting but we also have 'that guy' greentext threads

>>52785973
This. You'd be spending more time explaining specific things than discussing anything.
>>
>>52785964
I'm reminded of my most successful thread. I asked a stupid but honest question, forgot about the thread and then an hour and a half and 350+ replies later I got banned.

I really wish my relevant /tg/ related threads had gotten the same interest.
>>
>>52785947
Plus, you don't seem to get that two faggots smugging at each other is actually more annoying than one faggot going full /pol/. Your "surefire tactic" is also a good way to get normal posters to leave in disgust.
>>
>>52785964
Anon, you're making a lot of generalizations. The assumption is that an obvious bait thread is ignored by a majority of the board, and while that may be optimistic, it's reasonable to assume quality posters wouldn't get involved with every single bait thread. Board health in and of itself is a nebulous concept, which was more applicable when "board culture" off topic threads were openly accepted, but at the current point in 4chan's evolution, it's incredibly inefficient to have every single magic question posted individually.

Now, none of that has to do with the central argument. If /pol/ shows up, and you want them to leave, act like a smug dismissive faggot. I don't care if it's a board-relevant troll thread, because sometimes those are good for a couple of laughs and they actually require invested effort.

>>52786021
Chemotherapy kills a lot of things anon. If you use it in directed moderation, it's much more reasonable. It's also significantly easier to ignore for a seasoned poster.
>>
>>52785842
>Literally who on the first
A namefag in the CYOA threads who gets easily flustered when problems with her builds get pointed out. A small portion of posters in the threads hold a grudge against her because she messed up some magical realm roleplaying that they tried to run a while back or some shit. Also, she's female and has yet to deliver nudes, so she's automatically hated.

>Objectively wrong on the second, unless spamming cringey erp trash is improving content.
In the last year before he migrated, he was only showing up and posting in threads that either were ERP threads from the beginning, or had already been derailed into Slaaneshposting or monster girl fapbait.
>>
>>52786048
>The assumption is that an obvious bait thread is ignored by a majority of the board, and while that may be optimistic, it's reasonable to assume quality posters wouldn't get involved with every single bait thread.

Not a reasonable assumption. How new are you?

>at the current point in 4chan's evolution, it's incredibly inefficient to have every single magic question posted individually.

Only because fucks like you want a "community" to ask the same five fucking questions to the same 10 fucking people over and over and FUCKING OVER. Generals are so fucking stagnant and useless that all of their content ACTUALLY COULD be asked individually and receive better answers, just less comfortable ones.

>Now, none of that has to do with the central argument. If /pol/ shows up, and you want them to leave, act like a smug dismissive faggot.

Except it doesn't fucking work. They sit there and play the smug faggot game with you, knowing they've already disrupted your conversation and gotten folks to leave. And then when they get bored they restart the cycle in a different thread. So it doesn't get them to leave in any fashion.

>I don't care if it's a board-relevant troll thread, because sometimes those are good for a couple of laughs and they actually require invested effort.

So you've got completely arbitrary standards. Sensible.

>Chemotherapy kills a lot of things anon. If you use it in directed moderation, it's much more reasonable. It's also significantly easier to ignore for a seasoned poster.

Poison is poison and shit is shit, mate, and you're trying to act all fuckin' noble for spewing poison and shit everywhere. Even if your tactics worked it'd be debatable whether they were worth it.
>>
File: 1491402015825.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1491402015825.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
>>52786141
>this entire post
My goodness anon, you're quite upset at smug anime posting and the very concept of generals. It seems like you're the type to have long, detailed arguments about fascism in a completely unrelated thread.

There are two key components, the smugposting, which you seem to understand, and ignoring them afterwards. If you keep conversation curt and to-the-point, it's over with quickly, instead of turning into a monolithic shit-post-athon against someone with autism.
>>
>>52786190
And I'm outright saying that if you don't keep up the smugposting, then they'll wait five minutes and two unrelated replies, ignore you in turn, and go right back to /pol/-posting. And while they're in this waiting period, they're shitting up another thread on the same board.

Yes, I'm fucking annoyed by generals and anime girl posting. No, not everyone who thinks people like you are utter fucking scum are /pol/. Yes, you are just as fucking annoying as /pol/.
>>
>>52785832
I don't think you have as tight a grasp on rhetoric as you believe you do
>>
>>52785113
>no board on 4chan allows for signatures.
Are you really that new that you've never seen the fags who attach sig blocks to their posts?
>>
>>52786217
Are generals even that awful? I browse whfb and infinity and they are pretty comfy.
>>
>>52785635
>>52785646
>>52785673
>>52785904
>I've been posting like this on 4chan since 2007, and this year is the first I've ever heard of anything called 'reddit spacing'.

I've also been here since 2007, and I only started seeing people complain about it last year.
>>
>>52786266
>>52785904
>>52785646
>>52785635

>Reddit is just a term used for 'things I personally dislike' to give it more authority
>>
File: why we don't use forums.jpg (152KB, 565x1960px) Image search: [Google]
why we don't use forums.jpg
152KB, 565x1960px
>forums that allow signatures
>>
>>52785562
I greatly agree with you. I once spent a long time on a forum that I started going to when I was 13 or so, and predictably was an annoying shit who didn't use proper posting etiquette. I got better over time, but that tag of "this guy's an annoying shit, his word means nothing" stuck with me until I got fed up and left the site at around 18 years old or something. Here, if I make bad arguments or somesuch it doesn't haunt me forever, and the next thread I go to I'm judged on the individual posts I make there. It's very liberating, and I think it's definitely worth the trade-off of anonymity making shitposting much easier to get away with since there's no consequence to doing so unless you go too far and get banned.
>>
>>52786260
>they are pretty comfy.

They're "comfy" because they discuss the same damn subtopics over and fucking over and there's namefags everywhere. If you want that shit, go find an ancient fucking invisionfree forum. I'd rather go on 4chan.

>>52786266
To be honest I legitimately think it's a forced meme pushed by like 5 people whose only goal is to fuck up conversations they don't like the look of.
>>
>>52786217
>And I'm outright saying that if you don't keep up the smugposting, then they'll wait five minutes and two unrelated replies, ignore you in turn, and go right back to /pol/-posting. And while they're in this waiting period, they're shitting up another thread on the same board.
Exactly, and if they're met unilaterally with the same response, they'll move to easier boards. Come on anon, I literally spelled it out for you, and now you're going on some sort of irrelevant tirade about how everyone thinks I'm scum.

I could have simply continued smug posting, and you would have continued spewing autism until you looked silly, and the next time you pulled the same sort of schtick, I'd post a screencap of the first conversation. But you're alright anon, you're just a little... passionate about the board and thus directing it at the wrong places.
>>
>>52786311
There's not much namefags honestly.
>>
>>52786294
is that...is that even his entire signature?
it looks like... this THING actually goes longer than that.
>>
File: o86jz.jpg (214KB, 2000x1488px) Image search: [Google]
o86jz.jpg
214KB, 2000x1488px
>>52786294
>My friends (in naruto style):

What did he mean by this?

>>52786260
Sometimes. At worst they take the circlejerk nature of a normal forum and the anonymity into a hideous monstrosity.
>>
File: going to die.jpg (30KB, 255x244px) Image search: [Google]
going to die.jpg
30KB, 255x244px
Been here since 2006.

It's gotten worse and worse every single year. I don't know if we'll hit a point where it's impossible to get any worse. Every single time I think "well at least it can't get worse", and every single time i'm wrong.
>>
>>52786334
>Exactly, and if they're met unilaterally with the same response, they'll move to easier boards.

No. This is where your fucking logic fails.

>I literally spelled it out for you

You are spelling out something that doesn't happen.
>>
>>52785792
I only browse tg and Im not on a spectrum. I would browse mu but I was left with bad taste in my mouth when several years ago it was only memes and masturbation to same hipster trash everytime and I didnt bothered to check if anything changed.
>>
>>52786285
>Reddit is just a term used for 'things I personally dislike' to give it more authority
Yeah, but the term "reddit spacing" doesn't seem to be that old of a term on /tg/.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/%22reddit%20spacing%22/page/3/

According to the archive, October 2016 was the first time that someone on /tg/ used the phrase. However, it's been posted almost 70 times since then.
>>
>>52787106
So it's a meme?

Quelle Surprise
>>
>>52787141
About half those posts seem to be people making fun of the phrase being used in the first place.
>>
>>52786390
>Been here since 2006.
I believe you anon.

Even if the board was created in 2007.
>>
>>52787230
that's just misinformation spread to get newfag redditors like you to out themselves

thanks for stopping by, don't let us keep you
>>
>>52785067
>>I'm a genius with around 150 IQ.(Not an internet test. Rolling Eyes )
>>Roughly 90% wins in 40k
If he really was a genius, he'd play a better game.
>>
File: ThisGuy.jpg (63KB, 416x450px) Image search: [Google]
ThisGuy.jpg
63KB, 416x450px
>>52785221
We have some guy in Infinity General that attempts to roleplay an aspect of ALEPH and all he does are cringy "jokes" about Ariadna being dogfuckers.
It was good for one thread, lay off now.
>>
>>52785519
>>52785578
90% of everything is shit, and most people have forgotten how to adult right.
>>
>>52785594
>but it's still OC creation,
"Anime Pantsu Lover #362" is not OC, it's fetid runoff from /a/ that bumps off a potentially much more on-topic TRADITIONAL GAMES thread. You may not like generals, but if they're related to a TRADITIONAL GAME they deserve a spot 10-out-of-10 times more than some weeb's overloaded sexual frustration.

Not all "OC" is good OC. Take a look at CATastrophe for example: it was born entirely because some crossposter from /a/ fell in love with some guy's art and tried to force it on /tg/ to make into a full homebrew universe. Years later, the shit is dead in the water (no pun intended) because it was always about the superficial attraction to animu catgirls in swimwear and not a cohesive world people could agree on.
>>
>>52787597
>organized roleplaying sessions aren't /tg/
>anime can't be /tg/ (despite Japanese RPG systems being a thing)
>all quests were anime quests
>quests routinely ran to 300-some sessions
>those poor ded /tg/ threads on page 10
We've had this discussion many times, anon. These arguments were, are, and will continue to be fucking retarded.
>>
>>52785907
> you're just spreading it further around the board
That's exactly what 'diffused' means, anon.
>>
>>52786390
I've been here for more than half that time, and while many things have objectively gotten worse, every story of the bygone glory of /tg/'s "Golden Age" sounds absolutely repellent.

There are three options:
1. Lay down and accept the future.
2. Fight for your version of what the past might have been.
3. Build a better/tg/ together.

4th Secret True Choice:Whine and complain while others try to get things done, but it all falls apart because nobody wants to take charge or put in grunt work.
>>
>>52785940
That board has been frozen for almost two weeks because mods are still mad at /mlpol/ and went all scorched earth on the board.
>>
I've been here since 2008 and I basically no longer can stand any non-anonymous forums, especially those where mods bring the banhammer when you call someone spouting shit a retard. I imagine without being desensitized here I'd become some easily triggered faggot.
>>
>>52785315
>not automatically filtering namefags
>>
>>52787321
Wasting his time on something productive would be a nice alternative too.
>>
File: DontActLikeYouHaveItRoughDnDFags.jpg (131KB, 1374x598px) Image search: [Google]
DontActLikeYouHaveItRoughDnDFags.jpg
131KB, 1374x598px
>>52786260
I like the generals, for one.

I've been here since well before the Generals, and it was great if you were into 40k, because the first five pages were wall-to-wall shitposting. People started topics with DoW ork screencaps with no content but "WAAAAAAAAAGH!", or Tau getting killed with "Weeaboos get out". Even the D&D guys struggled to keep their posts from the page-10 kill-line, and without the Catalog function, anything that went past the first five pages was likely ignored. It seemed like they only way to make anything else survive a few days, you had to do one of two things: Dump entire image collections to Bump your threads in all but name, or somehow find a way to tie it in with Warhammer 40000 - usually by picking some sort of fight with a versus thread. Hugbox aside, it didn't do anything but foster an us-versus-them mentality between the D&D/40K giants and everyone else. Since the generals came about, it's reduced that rats-on-a-sinking-ship feeling. Topics can be discussed freely without sinking past page 10 oblivion. Even one-off threads without replies last for the better part of a few hours. There are still plenty of WiP threads, that guy/that gm, and drawthreads to knock anyone back into the reality of who dominates the board.
I figure getting knocked to the back of the boards is the same reason there's so much vitriol about the quest threads - Sure, they might have only been about a quarter of the board, but they were filled with everyone posting over each-other with twitter length posts in attempts to beat out the other guys, compared to the paragraph or two other anons were writing out in their respective generals. As a result, the first few pages of /tg/ were almost always the quest threads. They dominated over actual /tg/-related discussion for so long they might as well have been stickied.
>>
>>52788473
That's just a reflection of the shit generation born in the 80s, 90s, and 00s bro.
We all suck.
>>
>>52785067
Can you please post an example of this person's posts? I'm not disbelieving you I would genuinely like to read it.
>>
>>52785113
I think this must be the guy OP was describing
>>
>>52794212
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t15140p50-ynnari-are-as-good-as-i-thought
I think this is them.
>>
>>52787364
Infinity General is literally furry faggots being fags.

You deserve it.
>>
>>52788473
>Whine and complain while others try to get things done, but it all falls apart because nobody wants to take charge or put in grunt work.
You mean like what /tg/ always does?
>>
>>52794801
Interestingly enough. The one time I ever bothered to help make a RPG we had a somewhat playable version in a week just because I lit a fire under peoples asses and got shit done.

As soon as I stopped bothering the whole thing fell apart instantly.
>>
>>52785067
Hi, I have an IQ of 151 - like you, not a self-test but a professional one. And no, I'm sincerely not trying to literally one-up you.

You're full of shit. It's nothing like everyone else being retarded. It's nothing like everyone else being slower than you. IQ is a very limited form of intelligence whose measurement is of debatable value. You're just an asshole.

People don't "take offense easily" well I mean, in general, they do, but that's irrelevant they're just offended because you're either an aspie or just an asshole who wishes he had a diagnosed excuse to be an asshole.
>>
>>52796113
151 IQ, 0 reading comprehension
>>
File: 1267062871314.jpg (55KB, 712x581px) Image search: [Google]
1267062871314.jpg
55KB, 712x581px
>>52796147
If you feel a post misunderstood something, why don't you try explaining what that post misunderstood instead of simply stating that it's wrong without context?
>>
>>52786110
On the first count:

>CYOA threads

On the second:

ND was cancerous, retarded, blogposting namefag and just because he decided to contain himself to threads that matched his interests doesn't automatically make him a saint. And even the people who posted in those threads regularly wanted him gone because all he did was be a cancerous, retarded, blogposting namefag, that replied to FUCKING EVERYONE in a thread and posted the same images over and over and fucking over again, regardless of thread or board.
>>
>>52796113
Ironically, an actually smart person would be a lot more capable of learning what kinds of things offend and upset people and a lot more capable on acting on that knowledge.

"I'm smart therefore I'm a jerk" is TV hollywood logic. Sorry, but you're not Dr. House, Dr. Cox, Temperance Bones,Tony Stark, John Nash, Walter White, Sherlock Holmes, Shawn Spencer, Abed Nadir, Henry Higgens, or Sheldon.

You're just an asshole who also happens to be smart. In reality, those two facets are not inherently linked. Alternatively, you're sincerely incapable of telling why you're pissing people off, which means I question if you're actually smart in general, or just good at a few specific mental operations while really shit at others like an autist.
>>
>>52785416
>I think 4chan has become popular as of lately
>as of lately
4chan has been one of the world's most popular and notorious websites since at least chanology
>>
>>52796383
No, not really. It got a noticeable bump in interest around the middle of '16 probably from /pol/s notoriety in the alt-right and election fever. But that bumped it UP to 58,622th most popular.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/4chan.com

In comparison, leddit is #14. No, not 14,000, not 14 higher than 4chan, 14th.

4chan is HARDLY one of the world's "most popular" websites.
>>
File: despair but also despair.jpg (11KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
despair but also despair.jpg
11KB, 500x375px
>>52788473
No one wants to put in the grunt work because they know there's no point, and there's no point because no one wants to do it.

It's a vicious cycle, and there is no escape. You are both prison and prisoner, as are we all.

You have to be insane to want to fly, but if you're sane, you have to fly.
>>
>>52796179
You replied to what is obviously a copy-pasted signature from a different forum, denoted by the '>' symbol, which indicates a quotation, as though the OP of the thread was claiming that was his IQ. Here check it out:
>>52796147
>151 IQ, 0 reading comprehension
this.
>>
>>52796956
You have to give him credit though:
>>52796113
>IQ is a very limited form of intelligence whose measurement is of debatable value.
He was right.
>>
>>52794801
Well, almost always. Pretty much.

>>52794833
>As soon as I stopped bothering the whole thing fell apart instantly.
Exactly this.
When shit gets done, it usually because one or two anons care enough to finish it to the end.
>>
>>52796956
Thank you. Was that so hard? I really did simply misread OP's post.

>>52796471
>.com
Try http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/4chan.org

4chan really is one of the world's most popular websites.

>>52797478
>He was right.
Of course I was right. My IQ is 151, after all.
>>
File: 439.png (30KB, 590x388px) Image search: [Google]
439.png
30KB, 590x388px
>>52785521
Yeah, 2006 here. 4chan was never good. It's just better than everywhere else.

Anonymity enables you to be more of an asshole and shit all over good conversation while contributing nothing and getting away with it over and over. But it also lets you communicate your ideas in a vacuum. No reputation. No identity politics. Sometimes it's not all merit though. Sometimes quality goes unappreciated. Sometimes you get shit on for no real reason. But it IS for no real reason, not just because because you're white, or black, or have tits, or play Chaotic Neutral like an asshole. It's because shitting on each other is what we do. Once you acclimate to that, it's the most honest way to hold discourse.

The flip side is once you're use to this, everything else is too alien, and you're stuck here with the other people acclimated to the shit. That's why 4chan's never really going to die. Because we can't go anywhere else. This place is us. Jew moot, nip moot, cripple moot, none of them really own this place. It's truly owned by the decade old regulars who keep coming here, who make it the community that it is, for good or ill.
>>
File: squinted.jpg (40KB, 490x288px) Image search: [Google]
squinted.jpg
40KB, 490x288px
>>52797646
>Of course I was right.
You did get that I was saying your IQ, and thereby implying your intelligence, was limited and of debatable value, right?
>>
>>52798094
That's the joke.
>>
File: WeAreNormie.png (23KB, 1019x406px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreNormie.png
23KB, 1019x406px
>>52798141
Ah.
I saw it both ways.
Some humor translates poorly through mere text.
And I have encountered some dense muthafuckas here.

Also, pic for the lazy to illustrate how our site languishes.
>>
>>52785067
>>I hope these things help you to understand me as a person, so that I don't come across as arrogant when I talk to you. I'm not normal. The difference between my IQ and the average person is greater than the difference between the average person and someone who is mentally retarded. Imagine everyone around you being very slow to understand, if at all, of all of the things you instantly understand. It makes interaction difficult. People take offense easily. I mean no offense. Please forgive me.

This has the makings of a first rate pasta
>>
File: 1487219646834.png (234KB, 1920x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1487219646834.png
234KB, 1920x1517px
>>52785519
>>52785521
>>52785533
>>52785554
>>52785558
>>52785578
>>52785653
>>52785994
>>52786010
>>52787597
>>52794615
>>52796695

What happened to you all.

What fucking happened to you all.

Can we please just have fun again?
>>
>>52794562
I haven't browsed a "little" forum in a longass time. It's as terrible as I thought.
Sometimes while playing NationStates I see on the left some retarded thread titles and check them out. It's fairly terrible there too.
>>
OP, your IQ can't be over 120, because anybody with one in the "gifted" or genius category knows that true geniuses start around 160 on an IQ test. In my case, my IQ was tested as 170 in the 8th grade, Now, consider that the tests have a deviation of 15 points in either direction from your given score. That means I actually at best 185, at worst 155 in 8th grade, what it is now 10 years later? I don't know, but I do know you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>52798262
>This has the makings of a first rate pasta
Probably because it is a past, and at least six or seven years old.
>>
>>52800779
OP wasn't bragging, he was complaining about theoretical people who brag about their IQ on forums.

Good bait though.
>>
>>52800809
I may have been baiting but, that post is true, I was actually tested as that in 8th grade.
>>
File: 1190850587360.png (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1190850587360.png
68KB, 300x300px
I gave up on /tg/ after the repeated 2010 purges, but TW:WH reignited my interest so lately I've been coming back.

Every time it's been hot garbage. I wonder if all those /tg/-offshots finally died or have been forcefully absorbed into cripplechan at this point.
>>
>>52799260
Haven't you heard? Fun is apparently a buzzword and doesn't mean shit anymore. Not only that, apparently having fun is badwrongfun.
>>
File: E8MjgsU.jpg (112KB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
E8MjgsU.jpg
112KB, 1277x719px
>>52785067
pic related
>>
>>52785416
12 year old samefag detected. 2014 was all about nigvers and Hitler. that's it.. and raids and bad porn
>>
>>52792345

An old, small and long-dead imageboard i used to know solved the problem of the front pages being cluttered by recurring topics by having a separate "general threads" page inside the board itself. Sort of like a mini-/vg/, where instead of another board entirely this mini-/vg/ was contained in a special "[0]" page that preceded the actual front page. Always thought it would be a good idea to try out on 4chan whenever people started complaining too much about generals.
>>
File: 1482285734991.jpg (16KB, 465x358px) Image search: [Google]
1482285734991.jpg
16KB, 465x358px
>>52785067
>Have a name on another forum with like 5000 posts
>Used to be actually "respected" for my opinion when I knew fuck all and repeatedly told people as much
>Preferred tg even back then and use this pretty much exclusively now
>Go back occasionally just to see what's changed and follow news posts
>Guys like this are depressingly common, although I don't think I've ever seen one with a dog quite this bad.

/tg/ has its own flaws to be sure, but I like that I can talk about whatever here. It's also nice to be able to mention things like recasting techniques or using 3rd party models/rules without being crucified by GW diehards. Granted we have them here too but at least here I can call them a cunt like God intended.
>>
Firstly, I enjoy /tg/ because tabletop gaming is still a fringe hobby that is resistant to the normification that infests video games and television.

Secondly, because the threads tend to stay on topic more than the rest of 4chan. Inversely, the mods aren't so anal that technically off-topic threads that can potentially produce good discussion get axed.

Thirdly, 90% of the time, most ideas that get tossed around feel the same, but every once in a while someone throws a curve ball that really gets the gears in my head grinding and that's a pretty good feeling.

Finally, the shitposting and memes aren't as bad as people like to say they are. It's far better than what you'd see on other boards.
>>
>>52792345
As a BattleTech fan, this is depressingly true. Tough to get discussion going sometimes.
>>
>>52799260
I got sick of quests years ago. Even after /qst/ was made it took more than six months for it to be enforced, sometimes I saw more than 10 quest threads on /tg/ at once despite the ban. Now that the ban is actually getting enforced and we have the "no quests allowed" sticky I don't want to remain silent and potentially give the mods the idea that quests are wanted on /tg/ again.
>>
>>52800996
Personally, as a DM, if I catch anyone having fun at my table, I take away their books and ban them from the group. Assholes like that are ruining the hobby.
>>
>>52806226
Come friendo, I have a place where you would fit right in:
>>>/v/
>>
>>52785467
I hate that I'm relating to so many posts on here. Tagged post especially
>>
>>52785067
Hey fuck you too senpai, come on let's circlejerk
>>
>>52785067
I like /tg/. I want to talk about why, but first;

>Let me boast entirely unnecessarily without prompting.
>Got to make sure that this boasting takes up most of my post
>No really, this is how I cum.
>Don't get upset about how ridiculously obvious this troll is, I dislike people getting offended, so I just put an incredibly annoying narcissistic disclaimer on all of my posts.
>Just to wrap this off I'll presume everyone is as preoccupied with IQ as me and will be triggered by a personal insult at the end of this post.

But yeah /tg/s pretty great. I'm really happy to discuss how great /tg/ is as that was the main point of my post.
>>
>>52807392
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52807392
>I want to snarkily respond to OP to show that OP is always a faggot and I'm so cool and superior.
>But I'm not gonna actually read the OP post carefully
>>
>>52807392
It's baffling how so many people manage to fuck up reading OP's post.
>>
>>52785067
>>Roughly 90% wins in 40k
So you're a WAAC fag with more money than sense.
>>
>>52807767
>It's baffling how so many people manage to fuck up reading OP's post.

And here's one more for the pile >>52807822
>>
>>52807876
What did he misread?
>>
>>52802695
Why not just have threads with "general" in the title not show up on page 1?
>>
>>52808035
The fact that the greentext isn't OP, it's an example of what OP hates about other forums

Apparently everyone skips the
>Then I see this kinda shit in someone's signature
sentence
>>
>>52808099
Well lets be honest OP shouldn't have greentexted that he should have white texted it then people wouldn't read it at all.
>>
>threads that are mostly just an excuse to talk about something not /tg/-related on /tg/ with only some actually relevant discussions (Stat me threads are a good example)

Harmless fun or the cancer killing /tg/?
>>
>>52810001
The first one, for the most part.
>>
>>52810001
The first if it's about something I like and the second if I don't like/know it.
>>
>>52785130
>>>52785067 (OP)
> >plays 40k
> >says he's smart
> >not smart enough to understand why people consider him a tremendous cunt

having IQ and being Smart are two different things to me
Where smartness is having the ability to apply high IQ and to interact with other people and often just plain common sense to never post your IQ or brag about it
I am old hammer old fag who hardly plays anymore actually now use /tg/ as my gaming news feed
dip in and out of 4chan /b/ /r9k/ /s4s/
I find that /mlp/ /trash/ interesting but mostly goes over my head
like the demarkation of different board and even the threads within them
Somtimes wish the archives didnt exist and all thread were lost when they got 404d
Never got on with forums just do not care enough with especially with games if I aint playing just dont care occasionally download stuff to read but whats the point if I aint playing
Forums just cant be bothered to post enough to get know to get respected to not be slagged off for stupid question I often ask dumb questions as a test I cant be aresd to nuild respect I want to do stuff
I am a robot just find I can chill with the other derelicts on /r9k/
/tg/ is good and chill
I hate namefags and EGO trippers and put up with the shitposters as there are nuggets here to
I hope 4chan can survive the move smart phone insta reddit twitter thing
only posting this long crap as I wanna sat /tg/ is good and I get a lot from it hopefully good posters will stay on here
>>
subtle shinobi bait >>52810831
not like op's
>>
>>52808083
Does anybody NOT use the Catalog with threads their interested in highlighted and sent to the front?

I mean that's how I've done it for years now, and things I'm not interested in currently are filtered. It saves me a lot of headache.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21_01-51-07.png (687KB, 1348x775px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21_01-51-07.png
687KB, 1348x775px
>>52785519
>shangri-la that we can retreat to when /tg/ goes tits up?
I have often played with setting something up but aint paying for server space unless I know can get users
funding
ad based so free and anon with mods
or paid up users are the only options if you ask me
>>52810877
I am not baiting just rambling
I am genuinly worried that 4chan will die and nothing can replace it
>>52810897
I use desktop PC and monitors not sure how catalogue work on the pocket sized gimmicky gadjets
>>
so there IS people that can be as retarded as you without baiting? may god have mercy on our souls
>>
>>52811111
4chan will never die, /tg/ might, but 4chan itself never will.
>>
>>52811111
It's honestly better to use the catalog on mobile devices than the default view.
>>
File: 12345.png (3KB, 126x56px) Image search: [Google]
12345.png
3KB, 126x56px
>>52811139
>>52811250
>>52811253
4chan will die I will die you will all die
hopefully before we can upload to AI
I dont bait I shitpost elsewhere
yeah hedonistic retard that wants other poeple to enjoy themselves and them elves and Goblins and Orcs
The signs are saying I should look at doing something
>>
>>52811609
I'd honestly prefer a robot body to this vulnerable flesh, but fuck you, 4chan will never die, because /b/ will never die, this is fact.
>>
>>52811664
All flesh is grass
I hope 4chan is here as boards eternal
and the threads are ephemera that disappear as mist into the ether I hate the archives
I love /b/ part of me will die if /b/ dies
>>
>>52811849
And I literally just said /b/ will never die, but if you love it so much, Go >>>/b/ free.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21_03-01-33.png (190KB, 1005x394px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21_03-01-33.png
190KB, 1005x394px
>>52811870
>>>52811849 (You)
>And I literally just said /b/ will never die, but if you love it so much, Go >>>/b/ free.

Looking at /b/
took this screen shot as I got quints you obey for a while
entropy and all that

hopefully /b/ will outlive me
hopefully /b/ will outlive you

one day we will all just be star dust and there maybe another bigbang if you know someone who can code at that level let me now
I am a bit twiddler which aint much use these days
I really feel 4chan is on a stay of leave and I really hope it lasts forever I reckon it will carry on a few years
At a stage in my life where I am trying to work out what I should spend my time working on and
I just know there are younger and better IT guys out there

How to perpetuate something that will survive increasing commercial pressures and also commercial and security concerns
>>
>>52785221
Only time I namefag are in content creation threads on /tg/ (where being identifiable is helpful, and also helps me keep a record of notes via 4plebs) and on /x/ for the same reasons.
>>
>>52785067
I'm a curmudgeonly old man that remembers red box dnd and thinks everything new is faggoty bullshit.

I've never won a game of 40k.

It took me 10 years to get an associates degree because of anxiety issues and ADD.
>>
>>52785184
Oh my god this. Then you've got the spambots, some of which are so sophisticated that you can have an entire Eliza-like conversation with them and not learn anything, and its still more pleasant than dealing with the average internet twat. Most of the places that had decent human interaction are now just people posting position pieces that are effectively stickied and locked. It's like going to shake hands with someone and he hands you a wad of pages from his diary and walks off and the whole diary is about rick and morty
>>
>>52785067
I used to post on DakkaDakka regularly, but I can't go back. All the passive-aggressive sniping, all the shitty fanboy-ism, and the 4chan-tier moderation just kill it for me.

>how we can make this an even better board
Kill generals. They do nothing but stifle discussion in favor of memeposting. People say they're for minor questions to be asked, but nobody pays attention to minor questions in Generals.

More moderation. Just ban and delete the blatant shitposters. Especially /pol/ shitters.
>>
>>52785512
There are many image/text boards out there. The good side about them is that not many people use them, so they don't create a dependency, you don't have to constantly be online watching what happens next.
Moreso, less people = less retards.
What I find extremely unsettling about them is that they are massive hugboxes. It's like the userbase is desperate, they try to act as if they were the "good" side of the internet, and shittier and more popular sites are overriden with cancer and hate. Plus, they are pretentious little fucks. Nostalgic and condescending with their coevals at the point that it seems pathological.
>>
>>52812160
I appreciate that
the regular threads Recently be reading Age of Sigamr
Chaos lore lover

>>52812294
Never won with Goblins but always played them in fantasy battles

>>52812408
>>52812484
>>52812601

really being trying to take two steps backwards and three decades to think about text over image do Love image boards
A large user base is just needed
$ chan works as its global and most of the shit flows down its various drains

I do think a system that is a mixture of message board Image board and forum is the way forward
Image board means lots of memory
ASCII is soo small thats not an issue
>>
>>52785416

Nope, that's the junior year disillusionment. It's typical of all 4chan users. The feelings are actually the novelty of the concept wearing off, as you see the way it's always been. I've been here 10ish years or so, had the same feelings around the time I had been here 3-4 years. I think we all do.
>>
>>52785947
I tried more or less this exact strategy, except using sage instead of reaction images, like 7 years ago. It doesn't work, they don't get frustrated when you reaction image, that's exactly what they're hoping to get.
>>
>>52813782
Nah, a few of us never had those colored glasses, I think. I never went through it back when I had only been here a few years. Of course, it might help that I had quite a busy time here for a few years and some run-ins with the law that kept me off of here. I can honestly say, that I have had no disillusionment with this place, it's just the same shit it's always been, sifting through the shit for the gems.
>>
>>52787754
>>52806005
I think what really annoys me is when people who hate quests say, "There were 50% quests on /tg/, and they covered the whole front page really! What you disagree? Well, prove this thing that never happened never actually happened then!"

Sure, I'll get right on proving that negative for you, assholes.
>>
>>52786248
I have been here for 6 years, frequenting /x/, /tg/, /vg/, /ck/ and /asp/ (prior to it getting ruined by wrestling) at varying times, and I have never seen someone attach a signature to their posts. Just tripfags and namefags which is not the same thing as a signature
>>
>>52785067
>150 IQ test

Oh come on, even I would boast my 135......cause it was in high school and basically means nothing.....what was yours, loser?

Please be lower. Everyone told me I was smart as a kid and I have no ability to accept being mediocre as an adult now.....
>>
File: 1492217206298.jpg (52KB, 536x486px) Image search: [Google]
1492217206298.jpg
52KB, 536x486px
>>52785687
>tfw probably 110 iq at best
>>
>>52816097
I'm the stupid one in my family with 148.

Yeah.
>>
Anyone who says this site is dying or they wish they had "the old 4chan back" is either a newfag or reddit
>>
>>52817754
Or hates /pol/ and likes creativity and actual fun in their board.
>>
File: 1407895381525.jpg (12KB, 229x208px) Image search: [Google]
1407895381525.jpg
12KB, 229x208px
>>52817776
I rarley see any /pol/ posts here and if they are they're usually low tier bait that you can IGNORE. Fuck off and die you sensetive ninny or cough up some evidence that it's /pol/ ruining this board and not your constant whining that they are.
>>
>>52817794
>we'll just ignore how many threads are derailed by /pol/ after the first few posts since the posts in a thread aren't important, only the first one matters
>frog posting helps prove my point right gies?
>obvious /pol/ defense force
Well, there's your pol-tier post for one.

You're the problem, anon, not the solution.
>>
File: very_dissapointed_pepe.jpg (175KB, 903x587px) Image search: [Google]
very_dissapointed_pepe.jpg
175KB, 903x587px
>>52817809
>Rather than provide evidence I will point to the fact you posted the picture of a frog that's been posted here for a long time and use that to derail you're entire argument

Don't bother replying unless you're going to give me cold hard proof /pol/ has "ruined" the board. Or will you just opt to pretend that the image I post with this post too has any actual meaning to the argument at hand?
>>
>>52817834
You save frogpostign pictures on 4chan to post in /tg/. That says everything that needs to be said about you to everyone who should be in /tg/.

Any mention of anything even slightly political dissolves into 200 posts of /pol/, anything even slightly SJW - on either side - dissolves into 200 posts of SJW/antiSJW ranting, and even -4 strength threads are no longer just misogyny general but SJW and /pol/ echo chambers now.

The evidence is pretty self-evident, anon, and the proof is all over the archives and 4plebs. It's not the first-post bait that ruins /tg/, it's the fact that subsequent discussion is drowned out for the sake of /pol/, SJW, and /b/-tier arguments.
>>
I want to immolate frogposters and fuck their corpses 2bh.
>>
>>52817882
>Says thing
>Doesn't back it up
Epic
The only thing I've seen /pol/ish the last few days was a couple of people made at reddit for SJW policing the L5R ama on the boardgames subreddit. That's it. So again, provide some evidence or fuck off
>>
le epic le reddit le funne frog xd
>>
>>52817899
>>52817941
>Complain about someone posting a frog while also prompting discussion with their post
>Meanwhile your post is a waste and contributes nothing
I wish mods would crack down more on you morons.
>>
le contribution le quality le smartness :p
>>
Whom are thou quoting?
>>
File: 1481108553562.jpg (89KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481108553562.jpg
89KB, 400x400px
>>52817882
>Any mention of anything even slightly political dissolves into 200 posts of /pol/
Wow, mentioning something political sometimes derails threads into politics? It's almost like /tg/ has a gigantic habit of going off-topic at the slightest provocation!
>>
>there are people who brag about their IQ when it's just a score based on a standardized test you can fucking guess at
>>
>>52818582
t. Monkey brain
>>
>>52785315
She did have a cute butt.
>>
I dunno boys.
I like this place, /tg/ is nice. At least compared to the alternatives.

The beautiful part about 4chan is that nothing you or anyone else says matters. There's no record, there's no reputations, just ideas. And ideas are upheld by their own merit, not circlejerky bullshit.

Now as we've seen with /pol/, Reddit immigrants don't get this shit. That entire board was corrupted with very not 4chan-esque behaviour. So it's not a perfect system, and it does rely on maintaining board culture. But it's a better system than elsewhere.

You could either have individualism through identity, where everything hinges on who you are, that's the Tumblr side of things. Or you can have individualism through ideas, where you express your true thoughts because you're anonymous and have no fear of repercussions. I'd choose the latter. The former has no honesty, only image, trends, circlejerking and hugboxing.

Anyways, love you /tg/. It can get pretty stupid here, but at least it's honest stupidity.
>>
>>52817908
>>52817834
>search for instances of /pol/ in /tg/ on 4plebs
>nearly 50,000 results
>search for isntances of 'elf slave'
>less than 4000 results
>search for 'quest'
>nearly 285,000
>realize elf slave and quests predate instance of /pol/ on the board by nearly 10 years
I'm thinking he may have a point now.
>>
>>52818999
You do realize /pol/ has always been here right? it was made long before /tg/ was even a twinkle in moots eye.
>>
>>52818947
>There's no record, there's no reputations, just ideas. And ideas are upheld by their own merit, not circlejerky bullshit.
Wow, are you new.
>>
>>52819038
Only recently has /pol/ on /tg/ been so bad that you can't discuss /his/ without /pol/tards coming in with current events talk.
>>
>>52818999
How many of those results are "TOO MUCH POL GO BACK TO POL DXX"
>>
>>52819100
You're a cynical faggot.
>>
>>52819120
Yeah, that's true, but /pol/ has always been here just wanted to clarify that it's gotten worse because of the recent political upheaval, but it was always a problem.
>>
>>52819140
Considering the only thing that was searched was literally /pol/, I would say most of them.
>>
>>52820163
It doesn't help that any of the actual /pol/tards posts are probably just false flags to help push this agenda
>>
>>52785074
this
>>
>>52808083
>Why not just have threads with "general" in the title not show up on page 1?
The same idea has been suggested for quest threads on /tg/. It would invalidate the argument that popular threads shouldn't be allowed because they are often on the front page.
>>
>>52785184
we dont want you here nigga, so y dont you make like a swisher and split
>>
>>52814527
>I think what really annoys me is when people who hate quests say, "There were 50% quests on /tg/, and they covered the whole front page really! What you disagree? Well, prove this thing that never happened never actually happened then!"
>Sure, I'll get right on proving that negative for you, assholes.
It's fun to see how anti-questers try to explain that provable facts like pic related don't count and that we should just take their word that a thing happened.
>>
>>52818939
I thought it was proven that those pics weren't really her.

Or am I just thinking of the time someone posted Spanky and someone else thought it was Rawk?
>>
>>52785578
its always been shit, trust me ive been shitting it up for 7 years lmao
>>
>>52785337
>4chan in general is falling the fuck apart at the seams
No its not.
People have been saying
>4chan is shit now
>4chan is dying
>[insert major 4chan happening here] is killing 4chan
For fucking ever. And I'm not being hyperbolic, it's literally been happening for fucking years.
Chanology's influx of newfags in 2008 was heralded as the end. That was 9 years ago
Cripplechan, GG, the fappening and moots leaving were all heraled as the end. That was 3 years ago.
Hiro's buyout was heralded as the end. That was 2 years ago.

Here's the facts, proven over the years to never fail to be true: 4chan was always shit, you are the cancer, OP is a fag, and the most important one of all: You're here forever.
4chan will never die, because it was never alive to begin with.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.