[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need polish fag to elaborate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 28

File: 1464795132801.jpg (91KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
1464795132801.jpg
91KB, 530x750px
need polish fag to elaborate
>>
File: IMG_1250.jpg (229KB, 499x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1250.jpg
229KB, 499x665px
>>52714865
>zabawa
fukken kek
>fetish fantasy
Im gonna check that out next time at flgs
>>
File: i-neuroshima-1-5-oprawa-twarda.jpg (42KB, 301x425px) Image search: [Google]
i-neuroshima-1-5-oprawa-twarda.jpg
42KB, 301x425px
if we're talking about foreign systems, is there any pole who wants to say anything about neuroshima? from what i understand it's some kind of quirky post apocalypse setting.
>>
>>52714933
I need it translated
>>
>>52714963
it's a pretty nice system, uses USA as setting, you have muties, robots, jungle, loads of stuff trying to kill you. Anything interests you in particular?
>>
>>52714963
GM'ed that shit for three years.

The plot of this setting is silly and full of holes, but otherwise its bearable.
I'd chose Warhammer FRP or Fading Suns over it any day.
>>
>>52714963
Hold up, Neuro is Polish? And there isn't any translation of it? Color me surprised. Never tried it myself, but from what I heard, nice setting, shit system.
>>
>>52715317
>Warhammer FRP
It's the cancer of Polish gaming community.
>>
File: 1492252052835611039059.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1492252052835611039059.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>52714963
>>52715339
Awesome setting, shitty mechanics. Me and my players love it though, I GMed it for like 2 and a half year for a single party of adventurers. Good times.
>>
>>52715371
WH is all right by itself, the problem is that it's probably like, 75% of all systems used in Poland, which results in very little variety. It's still my go-to system when it comes to fantasy, but I like to experiment and try different stuff.
>>
>>52715371
That it is, but still beats Neuroshima in my books.

>>52714963
>>52715339
Anyway, something like this:

Pros:
>simple to understand setting
>some decent plot ideas
>barter exchange rates for given region...?

Cons:
>fukken retarded mechanics
>plot holes
>everythin a desert (muh madmax)
>>
>>52715305
i don't know shit about it, so everything interests me
>>
>>52715422

>>52715519
I tend to homebrew the setting a little bit to put in some variety. Like, Texas is really green and luscious, even with some forests, all the North is pretty much an arid, rocky wasteland and East coast is a swampland. Only true desert, sandy and shit, is the Vegas region with Nevada and maybe the West coast. Everyone was OK with it and has fun, so I guess it wasn't bad.
>>
>>52715595

>>52715573
I pity the fools who can not enjoy Neuroshima.
But to be completely serious, it's a damn shame it wasn't ever translated into English. I would gladly join a translation group to help bring it to more players.
>>
>>52715627
i heard it might be difficult to translate, because it has very polish kind of mentality to it, is it true?
>>
>>52715671
I'd describe it as a setting similar to Fallout, with lower level tech, more gang stuff, and more cars. I don't think there is an inherent polish mentality in it but I can be biased.
>>
>>52714963
It has an unusual health mechanic. Instead of numeric hitpoints you either take Light, Heavy or Critical Wounds. It's more narrative in that instead of someone dropping to 0 hitpoints the guy takes a Heavy Wound to the chest, which probably translates to him having a pierced lung and dropping to ground. It's interesting, but a lot more clunky from typical gaming perspective.
>>
>>52715627

>>52715671
I guess... Maybe it's because of the fact that books are not written in this dry, encyclopaedia-like fashion with just rulesets and tables. They are more like a tale of some hard-ass veteran introducing a rookie into the world, you know? And it's all sprinkled with some fun side stories, usually relevant to the chapter's topic.

It also might be hard to translate because of the humour, which as you may know, is highly untranslatable in most langages because of idioms and cultural ties.

I would be in for a challenge, though.
>>
>>52715671
Not sure, apart from some in-jokes like the Four Tankmen perk it's basically USA as people from Eastern Europe understand it. So Texas is full of cowboys, Vegas is the one town with electricity and everyone is superstitious there, Salt Lake is religious nut center etc.
Polish mentality might be in that it is depressing as fuck, despite all the funny bits. For starters, every PC starts off with a chronic illness they need to regularly take meds for (only Texans can take a Healthy life perk). and it's very easy to die.
>>
>>52714963
It's utter shit gameplay-wise. The ruleset is just fucking awful. You can literally consider it Polish FATAL in terms of mechanics.

And the setting only works if you are:
- a Pole
- who experienced 90s in Poland first-hand
- and watched too much B-movies on VHS
Don't get me wrong, the setting can be fun, but it really reaches full potential if you are aware of all the stuff it's spoofing.

>>52715371
When compared with Neuro, even KaCet starts looking appealing.
>>
>>52715671
It's more of "USA as seen by post-commie nation taking all the knowledge from late 80s and early 90s VHS bootlegs". So 3/4 of the game content makes only sense if you experienced this shit yourself and ALL the jokes only fire up if you were obsessively watching "Western stuff" in 90s.

For fucks sake, a hefty dose of jokes in Neuro is based on "Dr Queen, the Medicine Woman" trivia, which was a massive hit in Poland in mid 90s
>>
>>52715595
Yeah, I tried to homebrew it quite a bit in my time, trying to make it more logical and mechanically bearable.

>Anything that's not near big faction capital is either raider or Outpost bitches for taxation (raw materials, manpower, food etc).
>No ridiculus diseases from the start and magically created post war meds. Survival of the fittest!
>Flora is still there, some damaged and some mutated, but still not gone.
>Stole mechanics from Fading Suns to ease it up and roll 1d20 instead of 3d20.
>Extended firearms list up to 300 with % chance to find depending on location (city, village, military base) and rarity (how many sold in US, most popular use).

And my old group broke up soon after. Haven't had a chance to try it out properly.
>>
>>52715595
Honestly, the only reason I ever played Neuro was Fallout popularity around the time it was published. The game as is just doesn't work: the setting is pure cringe, the mechanics are fucking broken (fucking slider, who invented that shit?!) and if you want to play post-apo, it's literally better to pick any game you like and homebrew a setting for it.

Biggest irony of Polish tabletop RPG:
- Twilight 2000, a post-apo game that ALWAYS starting near Kalisz, was never published in Poland due to failed deal with Copernicus
- Neuroshima, a Polish-made post-apo game set in US of A, was never published outside Poland (and that's a good thing in my book, as it's just awful)
>>
>>52714963
It's not quirky, it's just bad. It's so contrived it makes Bethesda's take on Fallout look good. Compared with unplayable mechanics and you realise the only reason it was ever popular in Poland is because it was one of the four games released past the 2000 mark and the only one to ever come with post-apo as a setting

And how dry it was/is in Poland? People homebrewed roughtly 20 books of fan-made content to just fix the shit-tier setting full of holes, while nobody uses the mechanics presented in the source material, as it comes with rules so retarded you can just flip a coin when trying to decide who shot who.
>>
>>52716003
What exactly did you find cringeworthy in the setting? I know it's spoofy, but I guess not every postapo setting has to be dark and terrifying and unforgiving.

The mechanics... yeah, they are terrible. I like the Wounds though, I always found it weird to count down your lifepoints, so it's an idea (wonky, but still).
>>
>>52715860
>USA as people from Eastern Europe understand it

>Texas is full of cowboys
>Salt Lake is religious nut center

Here's the deal, actual Americans have the same stereotypes.
>>
>>52714963
I know, I know, shit source, but it's a really good summary of what's wrong with Neuro:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/Neuroshima
>>
>>52715671
I was translating it but abandoned 60% through.
All Gimmicks are translated, diseases don't have flavor text and are only stat modifiers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y30IQEbcnAiLUiDL8GeUV5FOMlPWR5-N7B9Hufisapg/edit?usp=sharing
There was another, bigger translation but it was literal with all the polish-only things translated word for word.
>>
>>52716084
Not sure if you are American, but the book is really extreme about the "Easter Europe perception".

How bad Texas is in the stereotype? Imagine Dr Quinn combined with Walker, Texas Ranger, add a dash of John Wayne westerns and that's about it.
In a post-apo game, no less
>>
>>52716093
>neojungle
this actually sounds kinda awesome
>>
>>52715929
>You can literally consider it Polish FATAL in terms of mechanics.
>>52715929
>You can literally consider it Polish FATAL in terms of mechanics.
i see polish-speaking brigand community is too retarded to understand the simple guideline to difficulty settings. I'd expect nothing less from a self-hating failure without identity
did you get booted from your containment thread on >>>/int/ ?
さすが!
>>
>>52716114
>Imagine Dr Quinn combined with Walker, Texas Ranger, add a dash of John Wayne westerns and that's about it.
Yep, that's Texas.
>>
>>52716129
It SOUNDS awesome.
It's stop being awesome if you realise it's growing in Arizona, New Mexico and west-most Texas, not to mention the other side of the "border".
So you've got an Amazon jungle in the middle of fucking desert, BECAUSE.

And the entire setting is like that.
>>
>>52716133
>i see polish-speaking brigand community
Oh, it's that /pol/tard again.

Everyone and their dog knows Neuro is shit-tier on the mechanical side, so kindly fuck off from turning another thread into /pol/ shitlifting
>>
File: Nigga....jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga....jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>>52716133
>i see polish-speaking brigand community is too retarded to understand the simple guideline to difficulty settings. I'd expect nothing less from a self-hating failure without identity

>>>/pol/
>>
>>52716163
So everyone has so much of a shit taste the base manual was reaching high prices and Portal released re-prints.
huh
I wonder do you monitor /tg/ to shit on everything for free or are you paid to do it?
>>
>>52716133
No anon, Neuroshima is just a very bad game with even worse ruleset.
If you want to promote good Polish tabletops, there is always Wild Fields, THE quintessential Polish tabletop RPG. Or De Profundis for new wave stuff.

But bringing Neuro to the fry is like being proud of eating shit
>>
>>52716206
>de profundis
too bad mail is kinda dead, i guess you can play with e-mail but i think it isn't the same frankly
>>
>>52716155
Dude, the climate changed drastically after all the ABC bombing. That justifies it.
>>
>>52716184
>Almost no new games published in Poland at all
>No post-apo game ever published in Poland
>Height of Fallout popularity in Poland
Gee, I wonder why Neuroshima sold so well paddling those 2k copies 13 years ago... That had be totally due to top-quality! That also explains why Portal released re-prints ONCE and grand total of 200 of them. Unless you want to count the 2nd re-print, grand total of 100 books, STILL IN STOCK for past 5 years.

Keep trying. Maybe you will bend reality with your will one day
>>
>>52716093
> It is pre-requested to even start character creation. Reading through the setting's lore while sober can be hard to take. Highlights include: dense jungle growing in the middle of the desert, adult people living with a condition causing them to sweat acid in a world with no medical care, New York not being a prime or even secondary target of nuclear attack, European nobles coming to post-war States and establishing a feudal confederation in Deep South, with slaves mining coal... The list can go on for quite a while.
oh my
>>
>>52716206
Neuroshima seems good compared to Wolsung.
Dzikie Pola is nice though.
>>
>>52716184
But anon, majority of gamers HAVE shit tastes, and its hardlt a polish specific thing.
Just look what is the most popular rpg worldwide ;^)
>>
>>52716244
That hand-waves it. If you had a climat supporting jungle in Arizona and New Mexico, you wouldn't have deserts east of Rockies, but marshes and/or lush greenland.
Guess what you have there instead.

Neuro only starts working out as a setting if you either homebrew the living shit out of it (so it no longer will be even Neuro, but your own creation, top to bottom) or pick up the mentioned already fan expansions, which made the setting much more consistend and reasonable than the original "muh mad max lolsrandom"
>>
File: NeuroMapaKrajobraz.jpg (2MB, 4579x3173px) Image search: [Google]
NeuroMapaKrajobraz.jpg
2MB, 4579x3173px
>>52716250
Afterglow RPG got 9 out of 3k goal in 3 hours after launching, ended with 41k on Polish kikestarter.
>>52716155
But that's at best it starts spreading over the border pic rel
>>
>>52716280
The trick is not to force yourself to play it with too much realism. I always enjoyed playing Neuro in not-so-serious or even comedic tone. Muh Mad Max? Comedic relief.
>>
>>52716265
I forgot about Nemesis, probably because I never played it but my friends said it is pretty good.
>>
>>52716265
Maybe because Wolsung is 3rd worst Polish RPG?
And Neuro is "only" 5th worse (Monastyr is 4th, 2nd goes to KaCet, 1st is Kruk). 6th goes to Arkona, which is heroic fantasy with rules of a horror game and shit-tier setting (I'm amazed Lechistan faggots didn't pick that game up, but then again, most of them were born around the time it was released)

Seriously, Dzikie Pola is the only TTRPG that holds over the years and has nice ruleset (especially 1e). Then comes Oko for rule-light and then MAYBE Witcher, which is cluncky and easily broken, but just fun to run with greenhorns
>>
>>52716295
>Talking about money collection
>Not books printed and sold
Nice moving of goalposts
>>
>>52716309
So Oko Yrrhedesa is really good? I've only heard about it a few times, never had an opportunity to give it a read.
>>
>>52716299
Still won't make Neuro good. You can literally pick all the good things from it and ideas (Moloch structure, certain factions, common genetic mutations causing serious diseases) and then run it with some non-shit rules.

In short - you end up playing something that doesn't even look like Neuro in the end.
>>
>>52716332
It's absolutely golden for rule-light. Easy to learn,. easy to run, fun to play if you have people willing to put some roleplaying effort into it.
And most importantly - it's short, compact and runs almost entirely on d6 (technically there is d10 involved, but it's very easy to keep it d6)
>>
>>52716332
yea, it's very basic, kinda like more complicated fajerbol in my opinion
>>
>>52716295
I remember Afterglow came out very shortly before Warzone: Resurrection, which I've heard hit it hard. I don't know if Afterglow sells, but I like their elves.
>>
>>52716340
So if I'll take the setting from Neuro and mix it with rules from a different system will I get a nice, playable and enjoyable system?

>>52716361
>>52716371
Thanks, gonna give it a look.
>>
>>52716397
Assuming you are going to pick a setting from fan-made stuff and not the "official" crap - yeah, it's pretty neat.
Average expansion for given faction/region is 200-250 pages long.
The setting as described in core book is maybe 40 pages in total.
>>
How about the Neuroshima Hex boardgame?
Also I know there was a miniaures game, but it died due to poor casting quality. Which is surprising considering how many good bits and miniature makers are there in Poland (like Kromlech, MaxMini or Puppetswar, the latter two have some pretty good post-apo stuff).
>>
>>52716466
There's a free version on mobile stores, if you like it the game is more of it.
>>
>>52716397
You can get a quick look at the rules in the link posted by >>52716112
>>
>>52716466
It's roughtly 10 times better than the original TTRPG and it's the very reason the creators completely abandoned TTRPG business - the board and hand-held version of Neuro Hex! were making more money with less effort than they could ever imagine. Plus they don't suck, so it's also nice

The minature game was shit quality, because Portal was trying to sell cheaply made minis with quality of army men packages sold in discount shops.
>>
>>52716466
Neuroshima Hex is good and fun. There is also at least one resources managing game that is meh
>>
>>52716489
there was add-on called "Ołów" if i remember correctly which simplified that mess with suwak(or rather got rid of it). Basically you just modified stats instead of that whole % fuckery
>>
>>52716541
It still doesn't drop the horrible 3d20 system nor the retarded way of handling modifiers. Removing slider is like reworking THAC0 in ADD - still god-awful ruleset, with one extra-clunky element out.
>>
>>52716541
Original suwak was boring.
I changed it to things happening based upon the amount of 1's or 20's you roll.
where 3 nat 1's in a row with a chance of 1/8000 happening would cause miracles to happen and 3 nat 20's would kill or severely cripple you.
Once a player lost a leg in an attempt to kick down the door because he rolled 2 nat 20's, made a hole in them and activated a trap set behind them.
>>
>>52716568
well yeah, but ołów itself was horrible mess. they wanted to make the system more "realistic" and reworked everything to almost FATAL levels of "detail" wound-wise.
You have blood-loss, can destroy vital points and on and on.
>>
>>52716541
Also, %'s were meant either for MENSA-tier levels of autism or as a general idea what difficulty should a player roll when sniping unscoped at target 900 meters away.
>>
>>52716568
I will never understand the point of 3d20. It doesn't use bell curves, it doesn't use normal crit-fail rules and it tries waaaay too hard to be something new and original
>>
>>52716610
duh, i hated %s the most i think, we quickly got rid of that and replaced it with simple -1/-2/-3 to stat thing.
>>
>>52716133
>brigand
Out of pure curiosity - which Polish word are you desperately trying to translate, Mr Braun?
>>
File: 11Sg2w9.png (305KB, 794x256px) Image search: [Google]
11Sg2w9.png
305KB, 794x256px
>>52716620
that's literally what difficulty does though.

I have certified assburger so i can quickly count it when GMing to set difficulty without mentining the % values or hindrances
>>
So, since the thread seems to have gathered all poles on /tg/, mind if I ask what fellow poles on this board actually play?
Polish RPGs?
Translated ones from decade or two ago?
English language ones?
>>
>>52716660
Rozbójnik.
You're too inconsequential to be crooks, no power and corruption to be cronies either.
>>
>>52716663
well yeah, but it's quicker to say something like
>it's 100m so you'll have -1 to the stat
than
>it's 100m so you'll have 15%
isn't it? i took the numbers out of my ass that's granted, but i feel like it's quicker
>>
>>52716232
Dunno, I use it in great effect for Vallheru-based games, works like a charm.
>>
>>52716676
FATE.
>>
>>52716676
I play deadlands, Call of Chthulhu and Neuroshima, waiting for afterglow rpg

Boardgames
Illuminati, Neuroshima Hex! and "Stawka większa niż życie"

>>52716683
I just state the diffuculty level of a test.
If players are curious i mention all the factors contributing, like distance, movement etc.
>>
File: Make it stop.jpg (31KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
Make it stop.jpg
31KB, 250x323px
>>52716677
>2017
>Trying to insult someone with "rozbójnik"
>Seriously using "rozbójnik" in any context at all, bar maybe Rumcajs
>>
>>52716676
neuroshima for way too long, basically we patched system so much it became our own.
I also played whfb 1ed a little, but quickly moved to 40k's "toy-soldiers" as we call them. Never played in english honestly.
When we were younger we just homebrew everything i remember our first "system" was three stats. Body, Mind, Luck(where luck was spend to turn the dice), and when testing you rolled the amount of dice equal to your stat, then looked for doubles/triples and so on. The more multiples you had, the more successful you were, luck was fucking important, really.
>>
>>52716717
still better than huncwot
>>
>>52716708
not possible in our group, everyone is from mat-fiz so they struggle with basic stuff like addition/multiplication/substraction.
>>
>>52716744
did you fall for the college meme?
At least Polish college teaches you something useful and doesn't put you in crippling debt, so an improvement over the west.
>>
>>52716676
I run GURPS and Twilight 2000 as for now. Before that I was running 0D&D megadungeons for/with oldfags and in the late 90s Vampire was the easiest game to find players for.

I tend to introduce people to the hobby with Witcher, the pocket edition of it (it's great for this kind of stuff).
I used to play (never GM) A LOT of Wild Fields scenarios and campaigns. Our GM was a history teacher, so it was fun as fuck. My Cyberpunk 2020 group sadly dissolved few years ago, so when we meet up from time to time, we are rather using GURPS now (easier to play without remembering fuckload of rules).

Other than that, only one-shots for different games.

And the hobby is dying anyway, with age-average steadily increasing, so I don't think I will be able to find players in next 10 years or so.
>>
>>52716772
Oh, and also Call of Cthulhu games when I was still on the uni, since we found a half-decent GM who was not only willing to do this stuff, but also was breddy gud for CoC scenarios.
>>
>>52716771
welp, i was from biochem, so i am kinda better off than them(at the other hand i study medical analysis, so yeah). All of them are on polytechnics to, so i am not sure about whole "college meme"
>>
>>52716728
>Never played in english honestly
But anon, no one does that. Almost no-one with a sense. You don't have to play the game in english because rules are in english. Sure using english gemeplay terms in midst of polish narration is sometimes weird but in most cases some kind of ad hoc utilitarian translations of the key phrases appear quickly.
myself I'm playing The One Ring as of now but unfortunately it's as popular in Poland as it is everywhere else, this board included.
That is, not at all.
>>
>>52716827
at least not almost, fuck.
>>
>>52716827
i though you asked about playing with people other than poles.
If you ask about english-rpg then sure, sometimes, FATAL for example
>>
>>52716677
Highlander pride, world wide
>>
>>52716676
Infinity, the miniatures game. I backed the RPG and I don't regret it, but I have not played it yet.
Back in the day I dabbled in Neuro and D&D (3.x and 4e).
>>
File: pass the light.png (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
pass the light.png
8KB, 193x261px
>>52716772
>I was running 0D&D megadungeons for/with oldfags
>and in the late 90s
>talks about oldfags
>was playing in 90s
Sup, grandpa
>>
>>52716676
Many things, right now I'm trying out settings and "popular" systems I haven't got an opportunity to yet. Would mostly like to try running Shadowrun or some superhero campaign.
At the moment I'm mostly running horror games or rule light one-shots in whatever setting me and my players feel like playing at the moment. Also running a WH campaign for some tabletop newbies becase my friend asked me to.
Apart from that I'm thinking about starting to run larps, I like doing this sort of stuff and I'm pretty good at it, but never did actual larps before so I kind of don't know where to start with it.
Oh, an I'm also writing a dungeon crawler system, with emphasis on resouces management and being hard and gritty. Currently in the playtests phase.
>>
>>52716717
Works for fantasy/medieval games.
>you will never play a Janosik campaign
>>
>>52716676
DESU, the only Polish game I ever played was Witcher around the time it was released.
Friend got 3.0 books as a present once and we sticked with those for a long while. And when on uni, I was introduced to GURPS 4e by guys from ŚKF and I don't play anything else ever since, but getting players for it is pretty tricky.
>>
>>52716772
I wouldn't say it's dying, more that the demographics of target group is changing so much that there is no continuity between generations of players. the 90s old guard, the 00s Neuro/D&D 3E/WFRP2 ad nausea wave, and modern youth gamers play different games in different ways, as well as not really interacting on a social level beckause wildly different backgrounds.
>>
File: 72898ac5e7278354becdf.jpg (114KB, 596x648px) Image search: [Google]
72898ac5e7278354becdf.jpg
114KB, 596x648px
>>52716927
>He never played Janosik campaign
That's literally everyone who isn't a complete newfag to the hobby plays first
>>
>>52716961
Nah, it's dying. While all the stuff you've listed is true, just think about it for a while:
- ever since MAG went out of RPG business, no "big" releases of foreign systems
- Wolsung was the last "big" release in Poland and that was a decade ago anyway
- it's good if a new game sells in 100 copies AT ALL, while by late 90s selling 5k copies was no biggie
- newfags are usually some kind of banana from Warsaw and you can literally forget about finding players in Poland B entirely
- the only gaming club or community still in "business" is ŚKF and good luck playing with them anyway, as the gaming group has a half-life of about 8 years, with current list of 7 guys in it and all of them are from WFRP 2e background.
- universities are pretty much dead and barren from gaming groups; my younger brother barely scrapped together 10 people from entire UJ 3 years ago.
- the hobby as such doesn't have any coverage at all, since if you aren't old enough to remember the "haydays" of it, there is just no way of knowing such hobby even exists, unless you will find some random, obscure reference (pretty much everyone thinks RPG means a video game)
- even WotC decided they don't see any feasible way of selling their games in Poland and they are infamous fro Starbucks-tier marketing (push hard on the market with massive marketing and low initial prices)

Basically, the hipster "movement" was the last time you had any real inflow of newfags to the hobby and those weren't exactly the people you wanted to play with in the first place, unless their concentration in the group was below 50%
>>
File: 901.jpg (271KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
901.jpg
271KB, 816x639px
>>52717054
Fuck it, there are only so many chances I can use this image and of course I forgot to add it
>>
>>52717054
It's not dying, there are still many players and many people interested in trying it out and joining the hobby. It's just the form that changed. Because of the internet, not many people buy physical books anymore. More and more people prefer to play in their houses instead of in clubs or shops or even over the internet. There are facebook RPG groups for pretty much every larger city.(And by larger I don't even mean actually big) Even in my 20000 people town I personally know at least 15 people who play and I bet there is more of them.
>>
>>52717054
>ever since MAG went out of RPG business, no "big" releases of foreign systems
>Wolsung was the last "big" release in Poland and that was a decade ago anyway
Dark Heresy was translated and released a year or so ago and did bretty gud in terms of sales AFAIK
ASOIAF got translation as well but IDK how did it fare.
I know of some attempts towards Eclipse Phase and Dungeon World

Also since the general knowledge of english language increased and the accesibility to foreign releases as well Rebel's english-language stock is quite impressive. Lots of shit that would be obscure even for westerners. I even managed to grab a copy of Heroquest: Glorantha from there, ffs. Not that I'll manage to convince anyone to play it, ever.
Point is, modern gamers aren't on polish publisher's mercy anymore, and the wide selection spreads players among many systems instead just hogging to few popular ones.

> even WotC decided they don't see any feasible way of selling their games in Poland and they are infamous fro Starbucks-tier marketing (push hard on the market with massive marketing and low initial prices)
They did it with 3.0 and got quite succesful. We didn't just fall for the same trick twice and they eventually resigned. It didn't help that for some reason polish D&D players develped into extreme 3aboos, 4E got terrible press and basically no one is willing to move on from 3.5 or in extreme cases even errated 3.0
>>
>>52717114
Not him, but have you been playing in mid to late 90s? Tabletops in Poland are in such absurd decline right now it's not even funny. Just in my city quarter there were 18 different groups when I was in high school, while each Wednesday and Saturday the "big room" in the administrative building was handled over to RPG players.
There is not a single group there right now and the last time anyone held games in the Tęcza building, it was 2007
>>
>>52717251
Well it's quite obvious it's not as big as it used to be, simply because there are much more alternatives to it today. Nothing shocking in that, I'm fairly certain it's the same in the west. But this fact doesn't necessarily mean it's dying, I would say it's holding up pretty well, even if on smaller scale. However I agree that lack of public awareness is a big problem. Like really, maybe 1 in 10 young people at best knows what Tabletop RPGs at least more or less are.
>>
>>52717330
There is*
>>
>>52717114
>More and more people prefer to play in their houses instead of in clubs or shops or even over the internet
Which was a thing ever since and it took a really massive groups to play in clubs and such (usually being local house of culture or something similar).

And the facebook groups are like everything else on facebook - fake. The moment you actually want to run a game, suddenly it's impossible to collect even 4 players from 100+ group, regardless of timetable.
And forget it when you are not planning to GM it.

>>52717248
>Point is, modern gamers aren't on polish publisher's mercy anymore, and the wide selection spreads players among many systems instead just hogging to few popular ones.
Which also roughtly quadruples costs for English-written game (shipping, currency conversion, the price itself), ending up with situation where people just pirate instead, but never even print it in the end, so they just hoard games they never play, as it's super-hard to concince anyone to read through 400+ pages book that is digital.

>>52717330
>I'm fairly certain it's the same in the west
Then you are failry wrong. The market is growing constantly in Anglosphere (duh), Germany and Nordic. French and Italian markets are pretty stable, with no increase, but also no decrease.
It's funny how Poles substituted lack of games and lack of players with Vallheru... which is also dying, as it has absolutely nothing to offer to new and/or young players due to being over a decade old PHP engine and most of games that are still afloat being just shit by themselves.
>>
>>52717380
>The market is growing constantly in Anglosphere (duh), Germany and Nordic. French and Italian markets are pretty stable, with no increase, but also no decrease.
This.
Even Russian market is constantly growing, as a speed comparable with late-90s and this time as actual market and not just piracy.
>>
File: 1491226064700.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491226064700.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>52714865
>Klanarchia is fetish-fantasy
Boy I dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>52717513
>Dodged a bullet
You've missed one of the best Polish TTRPGs, son, so you should rather despair rather than being happy. And now the scene is ultra-dead for this game, so good luck finding GM or enough players to run it.
>>
>>52717380
>>52717481
Really? All right then, my bad. Honestly didn't expect that to be the case. So, how they attract people to RPGs in other countries? Because I feel that this is the main problem, I met many people who had no idea what RPGs are but felt completely in love with them after trying. People just have no idea about the hobby, which is quite funny considering how popular it used to be just a generation ago. I myself learned RPGs from my parents, who played a lot on university. On fucking KUL to make it better.
>>
File: Bez tytułu.jpg (143KB, 1250x550px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.jpg
143KB, 1250x550px
>>52717380
yeah, with the price thing I kind of agree. It's a massive barrier. Modern systems are just way more expensive than what was the norm 10 years ago.
Fuck, I mostly pirate my shit myself as picrel shows. Even the system I actually play because being unemployed university student sucks I'm trying to slowly gather at least bare bones TOR physical book set because PDFs are indeed unhandy and because I like the game too much to not support it at some point, especially that I know how niche it is even in anglosphere
>>
>>52717543
>So, how they attract people to RPGs in other countries?
For starters, they publish games at all, rather than waiting for a miracle.
Fantastyka, while still in print and still read by few different generations, pretty much neglects the hobby, while they've singlehandly created interest in it in late 80s with bunch of articles. Things seriously went south after MAG dropped RPG market, as they were both the biggest printing house doing this shit (so it was easy to secure deals for translations and keep them top-quality) and they were running Magia i Miecz, which further strenghtened the scene with having high-quality paper dedicated to TTRPGs. And while people like to poke fun out of MiM for being heavy merchandise-driven, the fact it was so heavy merchandise driven was the main source of interest in the hobby and informing about new games on the market.
There is not a single paper, zin or even fanpage that is seriously dedicated to the hobby. Nothing. Null. Just bunch of facebook kiddies that repost 30 years old memes.

Also, unlike what you assume, translations play a BIG factor in all of this. People are simply more willing to play something that doesn't require from them the extra effort of first translating themselves the ruleset. So it's amazing nobody even bothers to make translations for pocket editions of games. I mean there is GURPS Lite in LITHUANIAN, but not in Polish.

And KUL was one of THE biggest centres for the hobby in the 90s, so there is nothing weird about it. Hell, the university was pretty based itself until by mid 00s bunch of right-wing asshats didn't start to meddle with it and enforcing their demand on Church, basically turning it into one of the shittiest and politically-biased universities in the country for short-sighted political gains.
>>
>>52717650
>one of the shittiest and politically-biased universities
That's not UW with marxist genderqueer philosphy
>>
>>52716772
Ha! I
am 1980. Started playing in 94 IIRC.
I played Warhammer, later Adnd, SW D6, sadly Vampire too.
I hated the trend of grim dark Warhammer forced on polish RPG community and narrative play of Vampire that was pushed. Also most Polish settings are cringeworthy as fuck.
Personally I like Dark Sun, Fading Suns and DnD 3.5

I posted a lot on old dnd.pl forums
>>
>>52717054
A lot has to do with emigration. In my town of 100,000 we had a gaming club of around 150 people in late 90s.
80% of them emigrated after EU accession in 2004.
>>
>>52717759
>I hated the trend of grim dark Warhammer forced on polish RPG communit
This is actually really stupid.
That is, I like narrative play and I like grimdark, but Warhams is totally not like that. The setting is actually so grotesque and wacky that taking it seriously is cringeworthy. Yet everybody did just that - played it as superserious dark fantasy, but without actually modulating the setting so the wacky shit remained in the background. I even thought of creating a derivative, "alternative-old world" setting that would ACTUALLY fit this playstyle but whatever.
Also all the stupid shit that "autumn tale" spawned, that completely missed the point and insead of dark depressive story you got some shitty gorefest with GM's tormenting PCs in pointless ways just because.
>>
>>52717759
>most
>implying not all of them
The only Polish games that avoided shit-tier settings were Wild Fields (because it's historical fiction) and Witcher (because it's adopted from books, so the quality is entirely on Sapkowski rather than game-makers).
But yeah, the grimderp bullshit forced with Warhammer is STILL having its ugly mark so many years later, as you can barely find people, even from younger stock, to play non-grimderp games. I remember how I've once was GMing and the plan was to just do a fairytale like game. The guys and single chick that showed up in the house of culture were so fucking puzzled with playing non-dark game. But at least it helped the story, with them being out of their depth

>>52717784
Most of my original group simply no longer has time. The best we can do is playing a game once per 2-3 weeks, and that's when everything is running smooth and no sudden obstacles appear. The last time we could just organise a game out of the blue was when we were still in high-school. And that was 17 years ago.
>>
>>52717849
>so the quality is entirely on Sapkowski
Not saying much, though (^:
>>
>>52717054
>you can literally forget about finding players in Poland B entirely
>Poland B
Do you guys have a whole spare Poland laid aside??
>>
>>52717885
you don't?
>>
>>52717890
>>52717885
I'm reminded of a play-by-notes game of Risk my parents played at university where every non-player-controlled country was named Poland.
>>
>>52717885
>spare
More like better let's forget it even exist. Has some nice places and landmarks though.
>>52717849
This, to this day most of the players are either still obsessed with gritty grimdark or are murderhobo children. Not that I don't like some grimdark once in a while, but I would like to fucking play something different once in a while.
>>
>>52717885
Right in the middle of Poland there is Vistula River. And it "neatly" carves the country on Poland A and B. The B is a complete backwater - no big cities, almost complete lack of any industry or manufacturing, almost no natural resources of any importance, extra-low urbanisation, shit-tier infrastructure, clergy still having serious power (as in - what the priest says is sacred), fuckload of tiny, poor villages, the works. Also, one of the shittiest lands in the whole country, with fuckload of marshland in the east-most parts and ultra-underdeveloped highland (Bieszczady are almost memetic-tier backwater since like forever and it's one of those memes that has serious grounding in reality instead of being just an exaggerated joke).

Think about it as a hillbilly country. This one simply covers roughtly 40% of entire country. And coincidently it was (mostly) within Russian borders within partiations of Poland or as buffer zone for Austrians, too far away to invest into it.
>>
>>52717885
It's about developement. West of the country is more wealthy, developed and westernized than the East, except Warsaw and arguably Krakow

TBQH it doesn't mean that much nowadays. The differentiation stems from prewar times, and then Poland A was what is Poland B now, and Poland B was what now is Ukraine and Belarus. Differences were much sharper then. Now it's mostly a meme - woith SOME basis in reality but mostly overstated. Differences between rural and urban areas both in the west and east are much sharper than any difference between regions.
>>
>>52717849
>tfw bong and every Polish guy you played with was a grimderp metalhead
>thought it was a bad coincidence
>>
>>52717971
>TBQH it doesn't mean that much nowadays
> Now it's mostly a meme
When was the last time you've visited Podkarpacie, Lubelskie or Podlaskie?
It still means A LOT.
>>
>>52717996
Naw, polish rpg/fantasy scene WAS metalheads almost exclusively until mid 00s

Which might as well be another reason for the scene regression, metalheads are dying out as well, and those who don't changed their profile as well and there isn't so big association between metal scene and fantasy scene anymore.
>>
>>52717996
Being a metalhead/goth and playing TTRPGs was pretty much synonyms in late 90s/early 00s in Poland, so go figure.

But it died out (the metalhead part) a decade ago.
>>
>>52717971
>>52718009
Yeah, just look at any elections or economic charts. Poland B's area might be smaller now than it was after WWI, but the easternmost parts of country are still severely behind both when it comes to economics and people's mentality.
>>
File: 1491239615099.jpg (262KB, 1143x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1491239615099.jpg
262KB, 1143x1150px
>>52717849
Jesienna Gawęda was a mistake.
>>
>>52717946
>>52717971
A and B are still different but its not white and grey. B has more community spirit and there are islands of prosperity. Also villages and small towns are more tidy in Poland B than in A in Lower Silesia.
On the other hand it is clearly more Eastern and nepotism there even more stronger than in rest of Poland. Funny enough I would say Warsaw is part of Poland B due to its eastern chatacter and people...
>>
>>52718052
Except Warmia and Mazury were part of Prussia and are the poorest region in Poland.
>>
>>52717996
If it makes you feel any better, the scene was taken over by hipsters by late 00s and then regressed so hard by early 10s it's not even funny.
In retrospection, the "goth" period was the last time it was easy to get players, because there was at least SOME subculture relating itself with playing TTRPGs. Granted, it was mostly Vampire, Call of Cthulhu and similar stuff, but it was better than nothing.
>>
>>52718009
>Podkarpacie, Lubelskie or Podlaskie?
Eastern wall is like, one third of what is called "Poland B". Not very accurate to extrapolate it on everything east of the vistula. And I was there like... 4 years ago? There is some difference, but countsyside in Wielkopolska isn't much better.
>>
>>52718059
Son, you are bending reality so hard it is now transparent you are from B and butthurt about it.

And don't want to break it for you, but due to capital status, Warsaw is also one of the most cosmpolitan places in the whole country.
>>
>>52718078
>countryside in Wielkopolska isn't much better
Are you retarded or just baiting?
Because there is no way you can be serious with this shit. Or, alternatively, you are serious with this shit, basing it solely on "here and there there is farmland".
>>
>>52718078
The only part of Poland B that isn't backwater is Mazury (since it's not even Poland B) and "COP" region (since it's high industral, high urbanisation, but jokes about Radom don't come out of thin air too)
>>
File: Meanwhile in Poland A.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile in Poland A.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
>>52718059
>Lower silesia
You mean lands that had their original denizers displaced and replaced with half-russian mongoloids, then robbed from the infrastructure to supply Warsaw and russian factories, then suferred a major hit when the coal mines in the south of the region became unprofitable and had to be closed?
LGOM technically helps but it's influence hardly crossing it's own borders, and that's like just 10-20% of the entire region.
>>
>>52718123
>The only part of Poland B that isn't backwater is Mazury
Outside of tourist cities it is as well anon
>>
>>52717890
No, or yes depending on how you look at it: as a swefag we'd just re-potop if we needed a Poland. Regular Poland is our spare Poland.
>>
>>52718152
Then it's rather your spare Sweden.
>>
>>52718149
Outside ot tourist TOWNS (the only cities there are Elbląg, Olsztyn and Suwałki) there is literally nothing there. Not even proper villages, but barely some hamlets thrown between lakes and thick forest.
I know since I've lived there for 6 years, working as a forester
>>
>>52718106
Eh IDK, I have impression that every village around my town is like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov8fY4jcJKw
and that's Poland A as much as it can be.
>>
>>52718184
>My main source of information about my country are memes that portray it uniformly like the east-most areas
Russians running kwejk couldn't be more happy
>>
>>52718184
Nah man, there are still places like that in the western Poland, but there are just as much if not more actually tidy and nice villages with inhabitants not being fucking animals. While in the east pretty much all villages are like that.
>>
To all those confused foreigners: "Poland B" is basically the Bible Belt of Poland (which is a rather traditionalist country already, so go figure). The lines go roughly over the 18th century partition borders and there was a huge negative impact on many industries when the USSR dissolved (coal mining in Silesia, vehicle industries in Eastern Poland etc.).
Western Poland is more centered around urban areas while most of Eastern Poland is about agriculture. There are clear differences in culture and appearance (like some other anon said above, in Eastern Poland being a farmer does not mean you're allowed to let your house get dirty; people may be poor, but they're prideful, while in Western Poland cities are nicer, but countryside is disgusting).

Compare tiny Lublin and filthy Krakow to more representative Poznan or Gdansk.

Ironically Warsaw is a big, metropolitan and wealthy city in the middle of the dirt poor Masovia region. Many people from all parts of Poland and abroad come there, so Warsaw is the oddest city in Poland, not really representative of the country.

To bring it back on topic: now I'm meeting more and more people (usually 3-5 years younger than me) whose first exposure to RPGs was not the xero-copied WFB or Neuro, but D&D3.x. GW is also noticing our country, with official translations of their games (a lot of them keep ancient fan-translation terms) and they have opened a store here a few years back. Board game market seems to be thriving, as does miniature games market (some of the best Infinity players are from Poland, and "kurwaspam" is a meme in the general thread). But I really don't know about RPGs. I know D&D4e had an official Polish edition, but I have no idea about 5e.
>>
>>52718184
Poland A
>Some random village inhabited by half-Russian mongoloids and their kids in the middle of locals
>Everyone else taking heavy government and EU subsidies to not live in a pigsty and improve their stead
>Actually working their asses in their land

Poland B
>Every village inhabited by half-Russian mongoloids and their kids, with no other population
>"Mister, that's not profitable" mentality all over the place, just sitting in their pigsties
>Busy getting wasted on moonshine, waiting for some natural disaster to claim money from insurance

Here, a simple run-down for you, my friend.
>>
>>52716309
> Neuroshima only slightly better than Arkona
Anon...
>>
>>52718351
>eastern poles are half-russian
You're the only mongoloid here.
>>
>>52718314
>GW is also noticing our country, with official translations of their games (a lot of them keep ancient fan-translation terms)
Most WHF armybooks have ben translated long long ago. Too bad game got squatted. WHF used to be big here, actually lot bigger than 40k. Probably thanks to the popularity of RPG version.
>I know D&D 4e had an official Polish edition
3aboos killed it before it could breath.
>I have no idea about 5e.
After the failure that was 4e WotC got more wary of threading here, and demanded conditions for potential polish publishers no one is willing to fulfill ATM. CD-projekt actually triewd to spread to tabletop marked with D&D 5E PL, but after being told what would they need to do BESIDES paying horrendous license fees, they noped out of it.
>>
>>52716466
Neuroshima Hex is great, good mechanics, shitton of armies with special rules balancing each other out, great for quick session. Unless you're like me or one of my friends and try to play with 8 people on a board for 4 (and it's still awesome).
>>
>>52718314
>in Eastern Poland being a farmer does not mean you're allowed to let your house get dirty; people may be poor, but they're prideful, while in Western Poland cities are nicer, but countryside is disgusting

I travel quite a lot, mostly by bike or foot and I can tell you it's quite the opposite anon. Although there are filthy places in western countryside here and there it's mostly ok an pretty tidy and civilized, while far eastern is filthy as fuck with people sometimes still living under one roof with their farm animals.
>>
>>52716676
Old WoD, like Vampire or Mage, just without all the angst. Also loads of board games. I recommend Eclipse, awesome space strategy without the complexity of Twilight Imperium.
>>
>>52718394
Rato best army.
>>
since when silesia is considered part of poland?
>>
>>52718314
>Western Poland is more centered around urban areas
What if I told you Wielkopolska alone gets more agricultural production than everything east from Vistula?
And Opolskie, while half the size, has almost as big agricultural output, also dwarfing entire Poland B?
>Eastern Poland being a farmer does not mean you're allowed to let your house get dirty; people may be poor, but they're prideful, while in Western Poland cities are nicer, but countryside is disgusting)
It's the exact reverse. And western cities are also nicer than easter ones (the grand-total of 5 that there are in the east)
>>
>>52718385
What about AoS? Did people pick it up?
>>
>>52718480
Since Insurgents fought for it.
raś is german fifth column considering of 20 self-hating cucks, .Nowotworowa supporting them proved that beyond doubt.
>>
>>52718412
>far eastern is filthy as fuck with people sometimes still living under one roof with their farm animals
I think you may have strayed into Ukraine. In the Lubelskie region people make sure their lawn is neatly cut, let alone let anything get dirty. Especially now that kayaking and agrotourism is a thing and everyone wants a piece.
What you're describing might have been true 15-20 years ago.
>>
>>52718490
>I think you may have strayed into Ukraine.
Very likely, since he'd be getting back on foot (^:
>>
>>52718480
Silesian speaking here - ever since Poles wanted to get for free all the industry Germans set up there.
Germans weren't any better, since they were sitting there solely because of coal and zinc deposits.

Honestly, Silesia is as Polish as it's Czech and German. Anyone saying that it belongs only to nation X is retarded. The autonomy idiots aren't much better, but they at least acknowledge the "Polish Motherland" is utter bull.
>>
>>52718502
And with one less kidney
>>
>>52718487
I know a few did, but I don't know the scale.
I bet for most AoS people it is their first miniatures game.
>>
>>52718487
no, think for a while.
>poles love whfb more than 40k
>gw squats whfb
gee, what could happen. In my LGS people play a lot of whfb and some 40k, AoS is unheard of.
>>
>>52718487
IDK I'm not that much into miniature wargames, mostly my dudes were. But I feel like AoS isn't something that would sell well in Poland. Especially as it would be probably seen as sacrilegious considering how much of a cult status WH fantasy has here.
I know that 40k is gaining some ground now, and FoW/Bolt Action also gaining ground.
>>
>>52718508
>Ukrainian medicine capable of extracting a kidney with extractee still being alive
I know it's /tg/ but please.
>>
File: wiedzmin.jpg (245KB, 667x1071px) Image search: [Google]
wiedzmin.jpg
245KB, 667x1071px
>>52718489
>insurgents
>polish pigs sent to insurect on behalf of people who decided in plebiscyt do be germany
I bet you have a polska walcząca hoodie you rat xD

on topic, who played this
I only have the book but never got around to it.
It's generic d6 leaning to diceless for storytelling purposes
>>
>>52718541
did someone mention survivability?
>>
>>52718487
Not really. For starters, it's simply too expensive to have anything even remotely resembling playerbase.
>>
>inb4 an influx of butthurt people from formerly Polish lands now attempting to be real countries
>>
>>52718570
me with him returning on foot implying bike was stolen but he got back alive.

>>52718565
>xD
Room temperature IQ detected.
>>
>>52718489
>raś is german fifth column considering of 20 self-hating cucks, .Nowotworowa supporting them proved that beyond doubt.
Seba, leace already. Seriously, how the fuck cunt like you is even on /tg/?
>>
how to start instant shitstorm for dummies.
Mention silesia, that's enough
>>
>>52718570
Well I'm still alive. I guess.
Nah, never been to Ukraine. Lubelskie is not so bad indeed, since there more bigger cities, but far fringes of for example Podlaskie can truly be a shithole
>>
>>52718565
The one you've posted (pocket edition) is literally god-tier game for getting newbs into the hobby. And I'm serious here. It balances perfectly between rule-light and crunch-heavy, depending on how you want to run it and how your players want to play it.
And the fact it's short, compact and based solely on d6 works in its favour
>>
>>52718598
>Room temperature IQ detected.
your stary entered your room?
>>
>>52718590
All miniature games are expensive, but come on, AoS is much cheaper than WFB.
Just consider how much shit you had to field just to run a standard game. For AoS you need a lot less.
But like everywhere else, X-Wing, Warmahordes, Infinity and some historicals (like Flames of War or By Fire and By Sword) have taken away players from GW. I know that there's quite a few old Necromunda fags, possibly Shadow War will bring them back. I know some stores advertised it as "Necromunda returned".
>>
>>52718619
Jokes on you, since I'm Silesian and I don't care, while being in this thread from the start
Not counting the single /pol/tard unironically supporting Braun, the thread is pretty based, all things considered
I mean come on! There are less than 15k people supporting that bald fuck and you just had to find one of them when being on /tg// What the fuck?!
>>
>>52718638
oh you reminded me. X-Wing is crazy popular for some reason too, i'd say it's more popular than 40k even(though i am basing this only on my LGS, at Poznań)
>>
>>52718385
Did some research about 5E PL and it's even more hilarious.
ONLY cd-project can release 5E PL. They have general D&D license pending since 2011, when it was still 4E. BUT to release 5E they need separate license, and are unwilling to aquire it because WotC harsh requirements.
But the general license for D&D bars any other publiser from aquiring 5E specific one, so there will not be 5E PL unless CD-projekt reconsiders the deal or will renegotiate it to something less harsh, or their license will lapse. Any of those unlikely to happen in forseeable future.

Quite kek.
>>
>>52718623
Lviv Ukraina, Poles stay out.
REEEEE!
>>
>>52718625
well I was never too much into the witcher brand and my group only ever wants to play dnd so I never got to play this, in the sixteen years it's been sitting on my shelf
it looks fairlt simple and I suppose it can be easily adapted into any setting if one was inclined to do so. Not bad for a tenner
>>
>>52718644
welp, it's mostly about sheer amount of inba braun generates all by himself, at the other hand, you are still replying so it's more your fault than theirs.
so you play more wargames or rpgs?
>>
>>52718638
Consider this:
You have people already having SOME stock of WFB, so they are not going to buy AoS.
Everyone else will look at it, then the prices and will instantly steer away from both AoS and WFB
>>
>>52718655
well I after playing some 5e online I came to appreciate 4e anew, and my group really got into the miniature wargame aspect of it so I think we'd stick with 4e anyways
still, fucking cdpr
>>
>>52718623
>Lubelskie is not so bad indeed, since there more bigger cities
Lubelskie is a good example of shit cities, great countryside. Lublin and Zamosc are both mostly attempting to boost their tourism, since they have nothing else going for them and most young people leave to work somewhere with actual industries. Meanwhile countryside is thriving, even though the whole Crimea thing and subsequent Russia-EU relations made it a lot harder for everyone. And yet they somehow manage to make profit.
>>
>>52718669
RPGs.
The only wargame I ever played was Army Men!, since all it took was buying 10 identical sets of army men and a can of blue spray paint, all closing in 20 złotych. I still have them and we still play with my best friend when we feel like it.
>>
>>52718644
Do you prefer your coal sautee or boiled? xD
>>
>>52718644
Better than unironically supporting Richie Petru, how'd Six Kings celebration go for you?
>>
>>52718701
never heard of it, tell more
>>
>>52718664
But you see... you don't need to run Witcher with it. Any low-tech fantasy works fine with it. Which is another reason why it's so fucking good..
I'm running it ever since it was published. Granted, the full version is clunky, the expansions are so-so and the game dated badly overally, but the pocked edition still holds out and is still very useful at getting new people into the hobby. I usually teach with it how to even play such games, as it really does encourage players to role-play AND roll-play, not just one of the two.
>>
>>52718646
>X-Wing is crazy popular for some reason too, i'd say it's more popular than 40k even
1. Star Wars. 2. pre-painted minis, 3. Star Wars, 4. you need only a few of them to start playing and 5. did I mention it's based on Star Wars?
X-Wing is outselling 40k worldwide. 40k has lost the top spot either in 2015 or 2016. If not for the fact that single minis cost a lot and hobby aspect is very important to me I'd have jumped on it too (although Armada seems like it would have a much more interesting gameplay, being more than just X-Wings and TIE variants).
>>
>>52718704
>>>/pol/
>>
>>52718738
> you don't need to run Witcher with it
I said the same thing
>I'm running it ever since it was published
that's neat man
got any deeper insights to share?
>>
>>52718703
Well-granulated, so it's easier to add to your dinner, but doesn't blow all around with light breeze.

>>52718734
Don't have it right now, I'm in train en-route to visit my family for Easter, but it is a very simple ruleset for playing with army men figurines as if it was a serious battle game. The booklet is about 12 pages long, describing actions, point cost and how to prepare armies out of army men sets.

Very, very simple and I think it's in fact a modernised ruleset out of Wells' "Little Wars". But since I'm a dirty poor Pole and I've played it for the first time when I was right after high school, the main advantage of the game is how cheap it is to organise and make, while giving you dozens of "minis" to play around.
>>
>>52718671
By that reasoning AoS would have ever taken off anywhere, but it sells better than WFB already did. It simply has a lower barrier to entry.
I've met at least one guy who said that AoS reminds him of old time WFB.
Personally I'd never get into WFB because I couldn't be arsed to field like 3 20-man required minimum Warriors of Chaos groups just to have a game. But from what I understand the single box and Crom the Conqueror minis I already bought because I liked their looks would be enough for a game.
Not that I am ever going to stoop down to AoS level ruleset now that I'm into Infinity
>>
>>52718810
pole here, gibe a polish name of this shit
>>
>>52718795
Just one - really, REALLY emphasise the role-playing part from the start and only then gradually add rolls to it, not the other way around.
This way your players will just try to fluff things around and be descriptive, using rolls when they actually feel it's needed, rather than rolling compulsively. It allows to teach people that would otherwise be rule-lawyers how to have fun without constant dice rolling.

Also, due to this, it requires some more work on the GM side than typical "you all met in an inn to slay baddies"
>>
>>52718840
There is none - it's literally "Army Men!" and it's in English.
Sorry if I confused you into thinking it's some Polish game.
>>
>>52718860
shiet, kay
can't find any info on it besides the fact that there's a vidya game named the same
>>
>>52718845
yeah, I like you even the book emphasizes the story/narrative element
>>
guys, where in poland can I buy some cheap minis of decent quality
speciality shops google gives me allegro/olx want more than I'm willing to fork over for chinese plastic casts
hook me up guys
>>
>>52718837
Have you ever take into consideration that minis, regardless if AoS or WFB or any other, might be fucking expensive for Poles?
As in - really, seriously expensive.
And it doesn't matter if you need to buy 1 or 5 of them, if you are going to spend third of your month pay on it anyway.

That's also why Warhammer is only popular as RPG - all it took was xero or mimeographed copy of the rules and you could play.
>>
>>52718893
allegro is gold, just don't forget to strip that shit
>>
>>52718893
>Cheap minis
>Decent quality
>Poland
Pick one.

And I'm serious here
>>
>>52718925
well I only need a handful really as aids for my dnd
>>52718917
yeah I suppose, most of what I found there looks like /wip/ comedy gold
>>
>>52718945
oh, that changes everything completly, you want some kind of generic fantasy shit or what?
do they have to be painted?
>>
>>52718945
Then pick pawns from checkers. Or better - colourful pawns from some kid-friendly tabletop.

As if drawing on a map wasn't good enough, sheesh...
>>
>>52718098
I am from Wroclaw and live in London since 6 years. I visited Warsaw first timebin my life last year. I honestly felt like I am in Russia or Belarus, people there have even eastern accent and place is full of Ukrainians and Russians plus scamming hobos. Infrastructure looks like Russia too.
>>
>>52718960
unpainted is ok since I already do oil and acrylic painting so I can probably do some basic colours to distinguish figs from one another
I'd definitely prefer some generic fantasy since, as I said, I need this for dnd.
My problem with warhammer minis is that in any second hand set there is one or two with swords and shields and the rest has guns - this isn't the best deal for me but I found a number of single minis that would work for me

>>52718982
I do this right now but I think I want special figures for players and the generic tokens for monsters
>>
>>52718484
haha come to Walbrzych or Legnica and then talk.Much dirtier and run down than Rzeszow.However people are certainly more world aware and open minded.
>>
>>52719015
Use lego minifigs if you have any
>>
>>52718990
>Surprised that Poles like to hire for pennies cheap Belarusian and Ukrainian maids and help-desk
It's like you aren't Polish in the first place
>>
>>52719015
>any second hand set there is one or two with swords and shields and the rest has guns
Maybe try looking for brettonians instead of the empire.
>>
>>52719038
thought about this but I don't have any and If I am to buy I might just go for the 40k ones or other generic fantasy/medieval ones

>>52719058
I don't play warhammer so I don't quite know what to look for after searching for 'warhammer'
I'll give it a go, thanks
>>
>>52718078
Dude, there's a serious trove for anthropologists, culturologists, folklorists and the like in Podlaskie. It preserved quite a lot of shit from the medieval era.
>>
>>52719078
Basically:
Empire is renaissance humans with guns
Brettonia is high medieval arthurian frogs
Chaos Marauders can be good stand in for barbarians.
Elves and Dwarves are quite self explanatory if you'd need those.
Rest of factions are nowhere near generic. Well, Vampire Counts are generic undead, if you'd need those.
And personally I think that LotR minis are better for RPGs than Warhammer ones.
>>
>>52719034
>Come to memetic shitholes of Poland A to gain some weird impression about Poland A
I say they are still better than average shithole of Poland B, but then again, I've spend 5 years as a courier all over the Poland, so I've seen my dose of weird and ugly shit.
And Poland B is (sadly) still a thing, no matter how hard anyone will try to convince you. With current fuckheads in management, it might even get worse.

Besides, I think the original anon was talking predominately about the viewpoint difference, given he brough the almost insane power clergy has in the east wall and then other anons bring the "Mnie się nie opłaca" mentality
>>
>>52719118
Huh? What is this mnie sie nie oplaca meme? 36 year old Pole here, is this sone Korwin bullshit?
>>
>>52719112
yeah I had one small batch of lotr figures (couple archers, sword and board guys and long swords) and they were utter shit, you couldn't look at them without one breaking. Warhammer ones look bulkier and sturdier and not as many thin strips of plastics pointing out I think they would last me longer. Am I correct in that assumption?
>>
>>52719160
In terms of durability, yes. Though for RPGs you could consider investing in metal ones either way. Still, Lotr ones are more aesthetically pleasing for me, more natural proportions. Also are way more "generic" than warhammer with all the setting specific shit hanging from them. As well as LotR minis should be lot cheaper since nobody even plays the fucking game anymore so people are trying to get rid of minis they won't use anymore.
>>
>>52719148
another anon, sorry but
>meme
I lived with my parents for 20-something years and this is literally something that my dad used to say almost all the time when work was available
>>
>>52718913
>Have you ever take into consideration that minis, regardless if AoS or WFB or any other, might be fucking expensive for Poles?
Considering how many people are into miniature games here they really aren't. Unless you're a poorfag, underage or have a really twisted view of what is "expensive".
I earn only a little above minimum wage (working as a vidya game tester) and I still can feed my Infinity addiction... After I got out of 40k. As IG, a.k.a "you need a shitton of everything" army. And I can still afford random minis just to paint them. Yeah, I split my flat with two other people to afford rent and got an old car as a hand-me-down from family and yet I somehow manage.
Minis aren't *that* expensive in the long run, but they have a higher entry cost than most games. However with AoS lowering entry barrier they have become just slightly more expensive than board games to enter.
>>
>>52719194
oooh I see

>setting specific shit hanging from them
I imagine the backpacks on armour are adventurer's backpacks
>>
>>52719148
Why bother going to work when you get more or the same money from retarded losers' taxes?
>>
>>52719217
1500pln poor fag here. I run orkz, you just need to be moderate and build your shit slowly, in my opinion. It works. Never played anyone, but getting new mins once a while is true happiness.
>>
>>52719148
No, it's typical, stereotypical and sadly very true mentality from Poland B. Where you go there and can even provide those people with ready solutions to make money instead, you know, living from your garden and social benefit, but it requires from them the tiniest amount of work and effort put in their farm, so they go all "Mnie się nie opłaca".

And it's pretty much governed by Vistula, as anyone on the eastern bank will tell you that. Even in places like Małopolska it's very visible, with tidy villages on the western bank, doing all sort of enterprises (tobbacco, flowers, subsidised crops, stuff like that) and the eastern bank, when it will be good if they will plant rye, if planting anything at all, and then complain for the entire year how the prices of rye are low and they can't make a living.
The further east you go, the stronger it gets, so by the time you hit Podlasie, you end up with entire voivodeship like that.
>>
If my surname is Mazurek, does that mean at some point some of my ancestors came from Mazovia?
>>
>>52718945
>well I only need a handful really as aids for my dnd
Reaper minis are on the very cheap side and they fit D&D style perfectly. They can be found in the 20zł range sometimes, which is very cheap per single packaged mini.
If you need more of them (like say a bunch of evil mooks or goblins), GW stuff would actually work, as you get very good per-mini value, it's just that there's usually at least 10 of them in a box. But maybe you can find those old boxes with snap fit minis for 30zł. There used to be one for Warriors of Chaos, with 3 of them inside. 10zł per mini is pretty good.
>>
>>52719242
>they living on muh taxes ! And there's plenty of work
Korwin level bullshit confirmed. I was unemployed in Poland for 4 years and never got any welfare benefits. Also no interviews in these 4 years at all despite sending out hundreds of CV's and phoning companies.
>>
>>52719292
Thery'e not living on my taxes, lmao.
I don't pay any, not in Poland.
>>
>>52719217
I earn 2.5k as a lab chemist, my wife is doing a bit more as an accountant and I still consider minis to be too expensive.
>>
>>52719292
DId you know that to get your brutto salary you need to make double that amount for employer because he has to pay your ZUS insurance and taxes?
>>
>>52719292
a-anon, just because you don't know how, doesn't mean others can not.
My dad did it like this, work for a year in the woods(as a drwal/podczepiacz), get one year of zasiłek repeat. Granted he was a drummer, so he sometimes had "work" and sometimes hadn't, but still. Now he works in my aunt's skup złomu and destroys stuff for money, of course illegally.
>>
>>52719330
Yeah it would be much better if we had no roads, no schools and bo healthcare.Also guns for everyone right?
>>
>>52719267
this seems like the thing I was looking for
the lotr minis quality is abysmal
>>
>>52719242
Getting work in Poland is almost impossible if you don't have connections or aren't highly talented professional like IT worker or brain surgeon.
There is a reason 2,5 mln people fled Poland.
>>
>>52719250
I know that people in Lubelskie region are very bad at being enthusiastic for investments. Like, getting them to start a business or join yours is very difficult... Until someone does it, starts making bank and suddenly everyone else jumps in.

This is what makes Lublin so slow in development and also why there's kayaking services everywhere: because one guy started renting kayaks and making money, so now everyone has kayaks.

I'm from that region and even though I am often enthusiastic to join various indie game iunitiatives or such, I am usually also the one to start pointing out obstacles, often resulting in people of accusing me of "looking for excuses not to bother". While my intention is usually "remove those and we will succeed".
>>
>>52719258
Or they liked a certain melody or cake type.
But probably Masovia.
>>
File: 1390091837202.jpg (71KB, 625x685px) Image search: [Google]
1390091837202.jpg
71KB, 625x685px
>>52719242
Korwin, leave.
I just happen to be a social worker by trade, so let's evaluate your bullshit.
First of all, to qualify for unemployed benefit, you need to work for a year, and then you will get the benefit (depending on region and then powiat, between 100 to 350 złotych) for half a year and not a day longer. To qualify again, you again need to be employed for a year.
And if you are registered as a "farmer", you can't qualify for that, as officially you are self-employed, working on your stead, all year round, regardless of anything else.

If there is any actual "money for nothing", then it's 500+ and it's given to the lowest of lowlifes, while most of people that could actually benefit from it are earning too much, because they are "stupid" enough to work for their living.
>>
>>52719330
>>>/pol/

Or rather: >>>demotywatory
>>
File: 1401054239267.jpg (99KB, 584x749px) Image search: [Google]
1401054239267.jpg
99KB, 584x749px
>>52716295

>Filthydelphia
>>
>>52719355
>what is poll tax
We don't have healthcare you retard.
>Polish roads
>Polish public education
I thank G*d every day for being Jewish and having polack cattle to work for me never questioning, because they're too busy being self-hating retards.
Keep ignoring 5 million disqualified votes in elections, your lot is simply too fucking stupid to select a name on a ballot anyways (^:

>>52719387
I wonder why that is, goyim, truly perplexing mystery for the ages; well, keep voting pis and PO - whichever one's not currently in charge will change things for the better once they get in charge!
>>
>>52719410
>500+
Fucking hell, I hate that. Lower taxes for child products, not make arbitrary handouts.
>>
>>52719434
Here is your (You)
>>
>>52719425
Even fucking tourist Japs notice how everyone is poor and everything is expensive as fuck.
>>
This is why we like grimderp settings: when playing out some really depressing shit, our actual lives don't seem as bad.
>>
>>52719452
>poland
>expensive
>compared to japan
nigga you jest
>>
>>52719452
Why kuce are always trying to bend reality with their nonsense rather than leave their parents' flat and look at the country around?
>>
File: Avin a giggle.gif (116KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
Avin a giggle.gif
116KB, 277x400px
>>52719452
>Poland expensive for Japs
I can't find now that Nick Cage having a nervous giggle gif, so grab this one instead
>>
>>52719488
I live in a different reality, I own a a prewar apartament building my family bought for 2 monthly wages.

>>52719449
>wanting middle class to reproduce
>not wanting braindead fucking retards with FAS to breed and ensure a steady electorate
Good thing you're not in politics

>>52719451
>telling a Jew to go to /pol/
Antisemitic of you
>>
Question. Is there any alive and non-cancerous polish TTRPG online community? Polter is shit for 3aboos, everything else seems fucking dead.
>>
>>52719505
Much more expensive than ukraine or czech republic with no quality to excuse that
>>
>>52719396
Well, they are right.
Because the right approach is to start AND improve, not shooting holes before even picking up.
You know, the American-style believe that you can lift mountains if you try hard enough. Or the Far East mentality of "I'm qualified, so what's stopping me".
Pointing out holes in something that didn't even pick up is also part of the Poland B mentality.

And you should be glad people in Lubelskie at least copy-cat successful enterprises. People in Podlaskie and Podkarpackie won't even do that.
>>
File: here it is.png (33KB, 1020x426px) Image search: [Google]
here it is.png
33KB, 1020x426px
>>52719508
>>52719527
>>
>>52719521
relevant to my interest
I know there is a polish roll20 group but it is, unfortunately, a roll20 group
>>
>>52716913
o
>>
>>52719521
karachan
Seriously though, I don't know any other than facebook groups, and the only major one's admins are cancer. Perhaps some discord or something. Shame really. Do you think such a community would kick off should someone start one?
>>
>>52719521
Not really, i know that jak będzie w warhammerze have a gaming group that plays online from time to time, but most net based polish groups are fucking cancer that needs to be purged
>>
>>52719527
>Poland
>more expensive than Czech Republic
Yeah, that's why Czech people living in commuting distance of the border rather go shopping there than buying food locally.
Oh, wait...
>>
>>52719619
>jak będzie w warhammerze
my sides
does this abbreviate to jebawha?
>>
>>52719637
annon, czechs make a lot more than poles, compared to what we make, poland is fucking expensive
>>
>>52719619
JBWW is a decent group, but it's centered around specific systems and talks more about lore than actual playing. A more general Polish RPG group not being cancer like Panie i Panowie would really be great,
>>
>>52719643
they were for a bit i think, but they broke off, i dont play with them, my freind dose and he is says the games are fun
>>
>>52719643
Usually they call it młotawka. But apart from name they cut off their ties with JBWA a long time ago
>>
>>52719521
Nope, it's all ultra-dead.
>>
>>52719660
>czechs make a lot more than poles
I believe that evened out lately. The difference might be like 100€ a month now - still a difference, but nowhere near as stark as vs Ukraine.
>>
>>52719660
>
>>52719660
>>52719521
>>
>>52719674
there is czas na przygodę, a fresh group started by a few freinds of my who are expierienced GMs,i know they hold games, might have some on the net. Problem is, with how the country is atm. any group will either swing to the far right or the far left within months and fuck everything up
>>
>>52719660
Seba, how can you even know if it's your mom doing all the shopping?
>>
>>52719716
dude, 100 euro is around 500 zl, that's a lot
>>
>>52719724
Eh, when it comes to RPGs I don't think it really is unavoidable to steer towards politics.
>>
>>52719660
Nigga, learn english. It's not that Poland is expensive objectively (as one can understand from what you're writing), but it's expensive compared to average salary.

That I can agree with. This fucking country can be expensive for your everyday Joe, maybe with the exception of food (since "Polska" was derived from "Polanie" roughly understood as "people of the fields"... yeah, we've got shitloads of them).
>>
>>52719731
i think you have me confused with some other anon, and please, seba was my father, most people call me "dafaj portwel ciapata kurwo"
>>
>>52719521
If you are from Silesian metropolitan area you can try meet with ŚKF people, but they are mostly WHFRP 2e-centric.
And like I've said - meet, as they operate in pretty oldschool way.

The good part is that you can talk lore of just about any game with them AND if you try hard enough, you can convince them to play something else than Warhammer
>>
>>52719756
that's what i ment
>>
>>52719751
>100 euro is around 500 zł
My fucking sides... you could at least check the exchange rate before posting bullshit

>>52719756
>it's expensive compared to average salary.
Do you even know how much money that is and how much cost of livings are, or Korwin explained to you it's some expensive ratio?
In fact, Poland is in European middle, so keep trying, Seba, but I would rather prefer if you would stop shitposting in this thread
>>
>>52719766
>>52719756
I meant a group for discussing games rather than LFG desu. I have my group and I'm not seeking for more atm, but I'd still like to shitpost somewhere
>>
>>52719521
>>52719593
>>52719605
>>52719619
>>52719706
>>52719766

Guys... do you want to start a reasonable group? I mean even though we're on 4chan, I still consider /tg/ to be relatively free of most tardation found in RPG teams, at least we would have a good start.
>>
>>52719782
And you didn't express that clearly enough, saying that Poland is expensive for japs. Even Warsaw is cheap as fuck for them, unless you're talking about Mariott or other multinational hotel network.
>>
>>52719813
i could try, i only have a part-time one, allthough i dont have that much time inbetween uni, work and my board game group
>>
>>52719751
Or 2700CZK that's (as an estimate)
- food budget for 1 month of domestic cooking or 2 weeks eating out (basic quality, 1 person).
- 1 or 2 weeks of housing expenses in city
- 1 winter jacket
- 2 or 3 board games
- 1.2 Booster Box of MtG
- 2700 boxes of matchsticks
>>
>>52719831
wrong anon mate, never said that poland is expensive for japs, all i said is that poland is expensive for poles
>>
>>52719813
>meeting with people from imageboards
that's a no-no for me
IRC - could give it a go, but I have to say naturally my irl group I meet evety three to six weeks would always be a priority for me if meetings would happen to overlap
>>
>>52719660
>>52719716
>>52719751
What if I tell you Czech minimal wage is 409 euros, as compared with Polish 453 and in both contries "minimal" means "expected"?
>>
>>52719801
Yes, yes I know, about 4500 zł. I make it and even though I don't feel like I'm struggling, it's only because I live quite frugally. Besides you're right, I should say "median" instead of "average". Because most people don't even approach the average, kuc-kun.
>>
>>52719813
Well I'm down with that, but we would have to discuss our basic goals and assumptions and form. Not sure if fb group is a good idea, especially that it's pretty much monopolized by shitty P&P, but website would be harder to kick off and requires cash.
>>
>>52719858
I've meant online, something possibly better than Polter. Because yeah, meeting each other personally is also a no-no for me.
>>
>>52719870
>>52719813
Ah, sorry, you meant a playing group? Misunerstood you. Well why the fuck not either.
>>
>>52719847
>Poland is expensive for poles
Only if you are uneducated pleb and/or can't manage your budget.
I'm doing perfectly fine, earning barely above minimal wage. I don't save on food, I don't wear second-hand and I'm renting a nice flat, while my hobby is minis.
Impossibru, right?
>>
>>52719884
>>52719870
well I'm not making a fb, that's for sure
an irc and a mailing list would do imo
>>
>>52719813
I literally don't give a fuck about groups. I have my players, three different sets of them, that's all I need.
>>
>>52719870
>>52719884
>>52719885
Discord? If we want to start off this would be simplest
>>
>>52719870
If we would require some basic website, wouldn't be that expensive, I could maybe cook something on the side (would take a while since I'm trying to juggle work, a personal project and maintaining as much social life as I can, but still).

>>52719885
That's a different guy, but meh.
>>
>>52719902
I'm guessing you're living at best in a small shitty city, like Radom.
>>
>>52719902
where do you live? That's a big factor, i make around 2.4k, i make ends meet but there is little to save after the end of the month
>>
>>52719915
gz mati, not everyone has friends and vibrant social lives m8, try to remember that
>>
>>52719859
>and in both contries "minimal" means "expected"
That's a wild generalization. At least for Czechs. With the way social support (welfare) system is set, it's not really worth working at minimum wage. For anyone. You're either staying at home on welfare because the difference you'd make is not worth the effort or are making minimum wage formally as per contract and getting the rest on the side outside of the contract ( = not taxed).
>>
>>52719429
It's the most adorable reaction image I've seen this week and I'm stealing it.
>>
File: Happy handlebars.gif (136KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Happy handlebars.gif
136KB, 533x300px
>>52720020
A new challenger comes up.
>>
>>52719267
this WoC recommendation is gold, thanks a bunch
>>
>>52719941
>>52719946
I'm living in Katowice.

Also
>Radom
>city
Pick one. That's an epitome of what "town" stands for
>>
>>52719947
If you don't, then how are you playing TTRPGs?
>>
>>52719941
Not him, but survival in Radom on minimal wage is literally impossible. The rent itself is going to fucking kill you. Cities like Radom are one of the most expensive places, precisely because they are in the same time provincial and big enough for their region to pretend to be "big city"
>>
>>52720186
20 years with the same group
>>
>>52720261
Not him, but where do you live that your players didn't just move out when growing up?
Or what kind of neet band are you?
>>
>>52720796
well some people did move out or drop out over time but we managed to pick up few local players in their stead
>neet
not really, everyone has job, most have families
upside is that we always have a place to play
downside is managing schedules
>>
>>52716701
>>52717380
>Vallheru
Not a Pole, what's that? That's first thing that rings me absolutely nothing in this thread, with everything else either being relatable or familiar.
Some Polish game or something?
>>
>>52720856
>managing schedules
Tell me about it. I remember when playing less than twice a week was considered a problem.
Now I would be glad if I was able to have a guaranteed bi-weekly game.
>>
>>52720879
me too
>>
>>52720862
It's a Polish browser-based game engine made in... I think 2004. It's PHP based, it's very simplistic, but the part that actually made those popular and important was the ability to have PBF-style game sessions with those. So a LOT of people from all generations of Polish TTRPG scene are playing or at least were playing those games, solely as a way to compensate for lack of local groups, instead having a narrative driven games.
Basically, a write-faggotry side of the hobby.

Average quality is so-so, but gaining good players in those is more valuable than having good GROUP for actual TTRPG games, since scheludes, styles and games aren't really important and it's relatively easy to find players to play what you want to play. Back in their haydays they were infamous for shit-tier e-rpg, but as the popularity of Vallheru-based games faded away, only "serious" writefags remained.
>>
File: Nöjd Karolin.png (47KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nöjd Karolin.png
47KB, 1200x900px
>>52718507
>Honestly, Silesia is as Polish as it's Czech and German. Anyone saying that it belongs only to nation X is retarded.
Fuck you, Silesia is rightful Swedish territory
>>
>>52721306
Like I've said - retarded
>>
>>52721306
I'm afraid there has been a misunderstanding. Silesians are just regular white people dirty from coal, not oppressed niggers waiting to culturally enrich you. Nothing to do here, move along Sweden Yes
>>
>>52720164
yeah, you see, there is your problem, i pay 1600 for my house, im left with 800 zloty for the rest, seeing that i pay for food anything from 300-500 (depending if i have to eat home or not)
>>
>>52719327
Most two-player starter sets are in 300-350zł range. And that's all you need to play. For AoS the rules are free, so all you need is a box of dudes to get started. Super glue is 5zł max. Paints and brushes will set you back 100zł tops, but only if you intend to actually paint everything (and then there's X-Wing which comes in prepainted). If you want to expand, you can do it slowly, like the 1.5k guy above who said he's collecting Orks. Preferable, as one thing you actually need a lot of for miniature games is time; painting, setup, playing and breakdown all take a long time.
It really is affordable. Especially since you and your wife both work, so you already have pretty much double my household income.
>>
>>52721814
I didn't say it's not affordable.
I said I consider it too expensive to bother.
And I'm currently searching for the game mentioned by this anon >>52718701 >>52718810 >>52718860
>>52718860 as it sounds both fun and reasonably prices.

My general rule for hobby related stuff is to never exceed 100 złotych budget, no matter fucking what. The only exception was getting GURPS Basic Set, but I still shipped it via friend to Denmark to make it cheaper and picked it up few weeks later when I was getting ready for a yacht race in Copenhagen
>>
>>52721306
How? It's not Islamic.
>>
>>52721768
>Your problem
I'm not the one who can't make a living from his pay. The fuck you even rent for that sum? A condo?
>>
>>52722071
for that? 45m2 apartment, close to the metro in a quiet street. What accounts for good pay in one place is shit pay in a nother
>>
>>52722179
I'm renting a 30m2 studio for 700 in a quiet street and close enough to my work to take a ride on a bike.
But nice knowing you are living in Warsaw and then complain about high living costs
>>
>>52722289
no option of moving before i finish my masters
>>
>>52722309
>Student
>Not living in a dorm
>Not renting just a room
>Not having flatmates
Like I've said - the only people who consider Poland expensive are uneducated plebs and those who can't manage their budget.
You are in transition from one of those groups to another.
>>
>>52722360
more like the only people who consider it inexpensive are banany
>>
>>52722391
I'm working my ass as a corpo office rat, my father is a coal miner turned electrician and my mother is a seamstress.
Anything else to say about banany or you will stop moving guilt away from the fact you are simply shit at managing own money? The fuck for you even need entire flat for as a student, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>52722360
not as easy as it sounds
1. Dorm- i dont get one, im from Warsaw, my family lives here
2. Renting room/having flatmates- If you want to play russian rulet that's your call, i did both, never fucking going back. A friend of my might move in for a while because he needs to change his landlord, but living with random people? Never fuckigna againe.
Here is the thing, unless you are running a budget of over 3000, living in warsaw means you will save next to nothing and have to cut back on the level of living. You can either live on potatos and onions and save money, or have to face the fact that you are not going to save much money intill you get a well paying job (by well paying i mean in the 3500-4000 range at least)
>>
Guys, seriously, /tg/'s gonna think all Poles are akin to /pol/. Limit yourself to RPGs, board games and magical realms none of us dare to enter.
>>
>>52722534
how is talking about costs of living in diferent citys /pol/?
>>
>>52722501
Not the coal-churming anon, but I made my entire time in Kraków (granted, it's cheaper than Warsaw, but not by a large margin) during uni times by washing windows, while leaving with random people. Or rather - the same couple for the entire duration and random guys showing up and disappearing each new semester. I ate normally, I paid my rent and I could always afford to ignore summer jobs, since I was making monthly roughtly 2k while doing less than 20 hours of work per week, which worked just fine with monthly spendings around 1.2k. Everyone else from my year was doing some retarded office jobs for 7 zł/hour, if working at all. And it never mattered as "job experience", since we were all on culture studies anyway.
The only thing that was problematic was shit-tier public transport in the city, organised entirely to get you from point A to city center, but never from point A to point B. But that had nothing to do with costs of living, just Kraków being Kraków.

>>52722534
My magic realm is so obscure I can put it in games and nobody even knows it's magic realm at all. Also, what he >>52722550 said and this thead is heading to archive anyway. Compared with previous Polish thread, it's pretty baller, all things consider (even if the Braun supporter, aka the actual /pol/, showed up again for a brief moment)
>>
>>52722487
I'm a different guy entirely man
>>
>>52722740
I probobly lost at least half a year of wages of paying back my landlord after some randome asshole fucked some shit up and bailed/shit was stolen from me by freinds of roomates/roomate "forgot" to pay this months rent and bailed after taking the money from me. Maybe i had bad luck, maybe it was my own stupidity, but i told myself that im never going to live with someone i dont know. Seeing that i get most of my money from working in a lab, it pays off living near, i get the rest from being a privet tutor
>>
>>52722757
Doesn't make your "only banana can say that" any less bullshit.
But then again, as far as I care to remember, I had to make every single złoty count, so maybe it's just circumstances rather than anything else that allow me to live comfortably for 2.1k brutto plus ticket fare bonus which I still get despite cycling
>>
>>52722534
Poland is a shit country of divided subhumans, what do you expect?
Even their women are worse than ukrainians.
>>
>>52722740
>even if the Braun supporter, aka the actual /pol/, showed up again for a brief moment)
Let him be, not like that retard can get any relevance in real life, report and move on
>>
>>52723044
Well gee, thanks for considering me a subhuman, I feel much better now.
>>
>>52723058
I'm still seriously amazed I have to encounter such idiot on /tg/ out of all places. It's not like the hobby is popular among narodowcy nor there is any reason for him to be on /tg/ in the first place. Combined with the total number of "braun shirts", it's even more amazing.
>>
>>52723194
you'd be suprised, the hobby is still very popular with social outcasts, plus like most idiots, they migrate from /pol/
>>
>>52723194
Makes sense since they live in a fantasy world on their own.
>>
>>52722859
That's not your standard bad luck, but also combined with shit-tier deal signed with landlord. Why should you take some sort of collateral damage and pay for others? So it's still kind of your fault, because you've singed a deal that is pretty much illegal.
Bonus round if there was nothing about it in the deal, but you've still paid.

For my entire duration of "universtity life", I've switched 7 different people renting the 3rd room over the 5 years. Only one guy was problematic and solely because he didn't part-took in cleaning AND he was inept in kitchen, so it always looked like a pigsty after his "cooking". But by Christmas he changed his mind about studying and left without a warning.
The couple living in the biggest room was really based, even if there were some awkward moments like coming "home" earlier than usual and interrupting their coitus on a kitchen table.
But honestly, I can't recall any serious issues with my flatmates for all the 5 year stay. We even did renovation of the entire floor the apartment was placed on together, when the 3rd room was rented by an ambulance driver.
>>
File: 146012688.jpg (32KB, 270x230px) Image search: [Google]
146012688.jpg
32KB, 270x230px
>>52722740
>My magic realm is so obscure I can put it in games and nobody even knows it's magic realm at all
Keep talking
>>
File: Cottingley_Fairies_1.jpg (14KB, 381x305px) Image search: [Google]
Cottingley_Fairies_1.jpg
14KB, 381x305px
Have you ever met That Guy while playing?
let's get this thread back on track
>>
>>52723476
My current GM is 100% sterotypical That Guy when he's playing instead of GMing, all down to having his fingers in some greasy snack and wanting to check something in your rulebook.
>>
>>52723476
Most of my regular group are fucking that guys in one way or another and no matter how I try I can't "fix" them. But hey, they're my friends, I'm not going to stop playing with them.
>>
>>52723358
It was a combination of the landlord singing a deal with only a part of the people living at some place without telling us, one guy giving false info, and once or twice me not having time to deal with something because i had other shit on my head (my job sometimes requiers me to go somewhere and gother shit for the lab, like water from some lake or other shit, the joys of enviormental microbiology)
>>
>>52723476
one of my players once tried to dm and it ended in almost rape of one of my characters(female), needless to say i come back to forever GM almost instantly
>>
>>52723476
yeah, my former gm/player was a total that guy, he was not a bad player himself, but his ego was the size of mount everest and no one could stand him
>>
>>52723675
*came
>>
>>52722859
Semi-related
>>
>>52723746
>kwejk
>>
>>52723476
One of my regulars is That Guy in rule lawyer/powergaming flavour. ALWAYS questioning everything, always trying to break the flow of the game with his min-maxed character, always trying to secure "the prize" for himself and making all profits maximal.
Combined with the "never my fault" attitude when things to south it can be really annoying at times, but the rest of the party eventually sided with me once, overcoming the "he's annoying, but useful for our PCs" and basically not only ruining his mastermind scheme, but setting his PC for prison and execution, so then the party could gratefully rescue his sorry ass and send the message in-character rather than trying to explain it ooc for the n-th time.
>>
>>52723755
Don't judge me, it's literally the only way for me to keep in touch with the "youth", as I'm too old to be in touch with that's hip and trendy other way.
>>
>>52723844
'twas a joke anon, i know what you are talking about, i stopped using polen chins around 2015 or so and i am so fucking out of the loop that it hurts
>>
>>52723459
5 words, 1 stiffy:
Deliciously brown chicks in saree.

And since I'm running for over a year a campaign going in late Mughal Empire...
>>
File: 1456944851813-0.gif (2MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1456944851813-0.gif
2MB, 500x350px
>>52724162
you had my interest
now you have my attention
>>
Well, that was more or less a quality thread, Goodnight to all /tg/ lurking Polefags out there
>>
>>52724463
Goodnight, fellow polefag
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.