[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General Thread /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 61

File: 1474034908410.jpg (677KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474034908410.jpg
677KB, 1024x768px
"Wholesome /40kg/ Thread Pt:2 and continuity of general image" Edition

On last thread's episode of /40kg/:
>>52700939

>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xvgryrNiMFoLYiaX8o6Y-Q0q1GLRvwWnvbrSL7omZXo/edit?usp=sharing

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
What would be a fun list to build that would have IG as a detachment along with my Tau? I can field a solid army at 1500 points and have about 2300 points total. I just want to add some IG to have some fun with
>>
Why are space marine players the most unpleasant players at your game store?
>>
>>52709155
Depends what you've got Tau-wise. Got Suits? Go for platoons to get some more bodies. Got Fire Warriors/Pathfinders, etc, go for the tanks in IG.
>>
>>52709155
A few squads of auxiliary themed Bullgryns to protect your firing lines sounds fun. I don't know much about IG, though. Scions would be cool, plus the SC box for them would make it a cheap(er) addition
>>
Anyone have any advice on getting a game board in my house? I do not have a very big place so it has to be something that can be broken down between uses. Also if it was cheap it would be great.
>>
>>52709239
Because even people who play other armies have Marine armies, making them the most numerous bunch and thus having the largest sample of players across the board, including unpleasant ones.
>>
>>52709239
At mine it's Eldar players. Not a single one of them is not WAAC and it gets ridiculous after your third game of getting tabled every psychic phase
>>
>>52709155
Well, it depends on how you want to fluff it!

Do you want A GueVesta Armor Core supporting a cadre of mounted fire warriors?

Perhaps a massive company of Gooey Vistas ground pounding backed up by massive walkers?

A mix of Tau supported by an Emp's Wrath artillery?

Pure Mounted with a combination of Chimeravets and Breacher teams to claim the whole board in the name of friendship?

An Allied Advance Cadre supporting a mixed bunch of Gooey Gumdrops in Swanky Vests

Or you can go full cheeze and stick a bunch of riptides broadsides behind a wall of Emp's Fist Vanquisher tanks: 5+ Cover for the suits behind the tanks, and the tanks themselves are AV14 shields with anti-AV14 guns on top.
>>
>>52704812
>>52701711
>>52703270
>>52693591

Rudolf the neck beard grognard, always has a shitty day, and if you ever saw him, you would laugh and call him gay, most of the /tg/ gamers, have no issues having fun, but Rudolf the neck beard grognard, thinks hes the important one, then in twenty seventeen, G dubs came to say, age of sigmars here to stay, now let's go fix 40k, then most of /tg/ smiled, happy for the changes yay! Rudolf the neck beard grognard, hung himself alone that day, hung himself aloooooone thaaaaaaat daaaaaaay!
>>
Do jewish space marines cut off the tips of their geneseed with chainswords?
>>
>>52709263
Goes to show that to be a good person at a game store entails not playing space marines. There certainly are enough of them.
>>
>>52709251
https://www.amazon.com/Office-Star-Multipurpose-Rectangle-Folding/dp/B0015TUXT8/ref=lp_3734181_1_8?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1492219842&sr=1-8

Take one of these, grab some plywood, and cut the plywood into 24x48" planks. First you set up the table, then you put each board one at a time down the length of the table. Then sit your 24x48" panels on top of that. No panels? Grab a blanket. Recommend you sand and bevel the edges of the plywood when you get time.

When your done you have to store a single collapsible table, a blanket, and 3 24x48x05" plywood sheets.
>>
>>52709249
I got at least 2 of everything but MC suits. Just got 1 of each and no LoW. 18 crisis suits lol
>>52709250
Both actually sound fun, plus I do like the bullgryn models too. Scions would be a nice touch but im not sure how I would effectively use those.
>>52709284
gue'vesa are too weak from what I have read. You did bring up a few interesting ideas... walkers and tanks sounds like a ton of fun to me.
>>
>>52709407
Total cost? Oh, $100 if we're conservative. And that includes the sandpaper you'd want to use to smooth out the plywood.
>>
>>52709455
Oh, not psuedo-conscript Gue'vesa from the Tau book. I just meant allied-in guardsmen that I'm calling Gue'vesa.
>>
So my brother's coming over next week for our dad's birthday and I've been thinking of maybe playing a round with him.
He's pretty much a total beginner and doesn't have his own army finished yet (Necrons) so I figured I might just lend him either my AdMech or my Black Templars and play with him that way.

Don't want to do a huge game, since it'd obviously be too much at once for him and we won't have that much time, but I wasn't sure which point level and what to keep in mind when putting the armies together.
Currently, I have arounf 15 CC Black Templars with various weapons, 20-something Bolter and other weapons dudes, a Pod, 5 Terminators, a Dreadnought and 2 Land Raiders and, for my AdMech, 10 Skitarii, 2 Tech-Priests, 6 Kataphrons, a Dunecrawler and a unit of Kastelan Robots.

I'm terrible at balancing armies for each other, so anyone got some suggestions what point level to use to keep things fair enough and what to watch out not to use?
Help would be apreciated.
>>
>reading Inquisition codex
>Horusians are literally a thing
Fucking Emperor these guys have a lot more latitude for heretical bullshit than I thought.
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 972x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 972x1105px
>>52709407
>>52709486
>>
>>52709251
How about getting a nice rubber gaming mat (~$60) and setting it up on your kitchen table?
>>
>>52709620
>subsect of Thorians

Figures.
>>
>>52709565
Keep the admech out of it. Doctrines and canticles will only confuse him and they're not good without those.
Do a 750 pt Eternal war mission and nothing over AV12 (no land raiders, use rhinos).
>>
>>52709239
Theyre not. Ours is a crusty old fantasycuck nurgle player. That or the waacfag who tries to field shoebox titans
>>
so what, to you all, is a good initial points limit for new player games?

I've got a friend who's kinda nuts about 40k but he's never played a game. I want him to see a bit more than 500 points, but i'm leery about going higher. That said 2 msu troops, an hq and a barebones rhino isn't that sexy.
>>
>>52709706
As if AV matters against a necron player!
>>
Just a general question about 40k: Would a PDF of a moderately industrialized but minor world be equipped with lasguns or autoguns? I feel like autoguns are easy to make, but lasguns aren't. But then again, the fluff also says that las weapons are some of the most basic tech in the Imperium.
>>
So I just realized that unlike Devastators Havocs don't come with enough weapons to equip the squad with all the same weapons. Whats the best way I can go about getting a bunch of Autocannons? Just random bits sites?
>>
>>52709565
try to have matching stuff, so for example 1 hq for each side, one elite for each, then 2 troops for each, better is both troop are similar. maybe one tank each but a small one. that should give him a good feel for the game and everything
>>
>>52709774
A lasgun's just a superpowerful version of a pen laser that fires quite briefly. It's the Power source and power cables that are so magical.
>>
>>52709706
>>52709768
The problem's, like I said, that he doesn't have his dudes done yet and playing Templars vs Templars will just get confusing as hell too, especially since melee will be inevitable.
>>
>>52709774
Its up to you, autoguns are easier to make but harder to maintain since they require ammunition and lasguns are harder to make but are more reliable and easier to maintain. Autoguns in 40k are the guns of the poor and rogue elements, like cultists or renegades outside of Imperial supply lines while the lasgun is standard issue by the Munitorum.
>>
>>52709774
>>52709822
>>52709800
How hard is it to make powercells?

Autoguns are just stamping metal, so it should be really easy to equip a PDF with them. It just would be a pretty weak PDF.
>>
I really want to start a Lamenters army, but are they even still alive?
>>
>7tfw no one at my store wants 2000+ points of assembled Necrons for 2 NiB Imperial Knight Paladins

Im about to try forums for miniature trading but then I have to take a million pictures.

Any good way to go about this or suggestions for a forum to use?
>>
>>52709871
Only 1 company left, and it's all the Death Company because they decided the Lamenters aren't cured, they're just fucked.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (14KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
14KB, 299x168px
>>52709862
Good question! Let's go ask Samsung!
>>
File: file.jpg (17KB, 430x369px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
17KB, 430x369px
>>52709801
I hope you're not telling him he must paint everything before he can play. That's an easy way to scare a newbie away from the game. 95% of people aren't willing to spend $1000 and a few months of work before they can play the game.

Maybe if you play admech? Just explain the doctrines/canticles as temporary buffs and show him what they are. Or don't use them.

Don't bother with a psyker for him.

Best solution is to arrange to go to your FLGS and borrow a store army for him, if that's possible. Plus then he can get a veteran player to give him advice.
>>
>>52709251
I use 2'x4' folding tables. They're ~$20 each and I have 3 of them.

Set them up and throw a mat over them.
>>
I've got a tournament coming up soon, it's 1500pts, no CAD no unbound
I was thinking of running a TS decurion for that magnus cheese, how does this sound:
Thousand sons grand coven
Lord of the legion: Magnus
War cabal: 2 ML Sorcs one with the Astral grimoire
2 min squads of rubrics
1 squad of termies with heavy flamers and missle rack

The local meta is is one bangles player, one salamanders, 3 tyranids, 2 tau, 1 Ynaari, one Craft worlder, one guard guy and a guy that has about 2k points of nids, marines, chaos, and tau.
>>
>>52709878
Seems like a shit trade for you
>>
File: Fun - 2000pts.jpg (462KB, 1800x2142px) Image search: [Google]
Fun - 2000pts.jpg
462KB, 1800x2142px
Thoughts?
>>
>>52709904

Maybe they've been rebuilding in secret and Guilliman pardons them for being good dudes :^)
>>
>>52709931
>No CAD
Wow, what a shit tourney.
>>
>>52709956
don't
>>
>>52709878
Are they painted?
How many Monoliths are there?
I would hang onto them dude. Chances are knights won't be as competitive in 8th edition and necrons will be doubly so, as well as monoliths
>>
File: why.jpg (236KB, 1800x650px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
236KB, 1800x650px
>>52709956
Thoughts?
>>
>>52709946
It is but I really dont like Necrons and would rather have the project of two knights I can use with my main army than a secondary I dont like and never use.

Off the top of my head I have:

40+ warriors
10 immortals
8 lychguard
3 Tomb Blades
2 Ghost Arks
2 Monoliths
2 Annihilation Barges
2 Doom/Night Scythe
a Doom Ark
Handful of HQs, some of the named models
>>
>>52709979
They are all primed silver and a handful of them are poorly painted by a friend I was trying to get interested.
>>
>>52709988
Well, I don't think your opponent will be able to kill even half of the robots, but I don't think you'll win either.
>>
File: Tau - 1850pts.jpg (610KB, 1800x2431px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1850pts.jpg
610KB, 1800x2431px
I don't play outside my friend group and we're casual-competitive, so we play to win, but don't cheese each-other too much. The stakes are only as high as bragging rights and we usually go out to dinner after the match and talk about how it went. With that context, how would this list fare? Just about every army is represented in our group.

>Tau
>>
>>52709913
Nah, od course I'm not pushing him to that, it's just that all he has so far is the Necron SC! Box and n Overlord I painted and gifted to him for his birthday when he kicked off his collection.
He's only fully finished 1 Necron Warrior so far and has the remaining 11 in various states of unassembly, which is just factually not enough to use for play.
We already played a tiny Start Collecting vs Start Collecting game when he was over and I had just started my AdMech, which was his first game, and he's also been to a tourney at my FLGS as a spectator, so he knows the basics of play at least.

It's just that he has mentioned wanting to actually learn the game soon in order to get what's happening when watching a game and to also be able to plsy with me and a friend of ours, once his own army's groundwork is set.
The main issue is just nailing down a good middle ground to represent regular play while also keeping it fair and simple.
>>
>>52709998
Put all that up on Ebay for $800 (a hell of a deal so it will get bought real quick) and use the proceeds to buy the knights. Or ask your LGS owner if he wants to make the trade.
if I had any knights I would do it in a heartbeat, alas, I play Necrons and don't have any knights.
>>
>>52709795
Devastators only come with 2 weapons each though.

You could buy the autocannons from Forge World, but bit sellers is probably better.
>>
>>52710031
people are about to meme and rage about the riptide and osc.
ignore them. that's a perfectly fair list and depending how competitive you are it may not be good enough.
>>
>>52709906
So it's way easier to make lasguns than you'd think?
>>
>>52710012
Pics of a few?
Telling you that it's a really poor investment on your half. Putting all of your eggs into one basket instead of having an army consisting of multiple units that any of which could be good in the future.
>>
>>52710068
Yeah, I'm ready for that. The extent of the cheese though is a Tzeentch/Khorne list that the player is fucking insane at rolling and makes like the best outcomes possible. I added that context in hopes of minimizing the memeing because they know the circumstances and I won't be shit-stomping newbies.
>>
>dominus maniple is a dominus, an onager, and a unit of vanguards
>skitarii starter box is a dominus, an onager, and a unit of RANGERS
>only other skitarii my lgs has in stock is more onagers
WHAT THE FUCK GW
>>
>>52710119
The Dominus Maniple can use both, it was a fuck-up on their part and they printed 2 versions of the formation sheet, one listing Rangers, one Vanguard.

Also, they use the same box, like allAdMech units with 2 variants. It's just a head and gun swap.
>>
>>52709988
I think I can whittle it down with my guard army. And when it gets close, Imma tank shock one of those with my Emp's Fist. Think you can make a leadership check? How about 2, with the second at leadership 8? How about 5, and the last one is at leadership 4? If you fail, I'm going to keep tank shocking you so you can't charge and can't fire anything but snapshots ever again.
>>
>>52709356
There are no surviving religions of old earth, and barely any information at all about them beyond the olimpian, Egypt and few others, probably no knowledge about the jew, Christian, Islam, Budda, shinto, etc.
>>
>>52710048
Hmm. I still say 750 is just right points wise. It's enough to have plenty of dudes but not enough to be overwhelming. What you have for ad mech isn't a hard army so don't worry too much about list building, but probably give the kataphrons plasma not grav.

Be careful not to table him. Admech are really good at low points.

if he kinda knows how the game works, go ahead and give him a chaplain... wait, black Templar, nvm.
>>
>>52710081
No pics on hand and they are put away since Ive only played like five games with them.

I traded my first army for them (through someone on here actually) then added a few models to round at the force but they ended up being too boring for me fluff and hobby wise.
>>
>>52710074
The lasguns, yes.

The power packs? A battery containing enough power to send a hundred or so lasers powerful enough to turn a man's stomach into gore at 900 meters? No. Those are damn difficult to make.
>>
File: Krush.jpg (221KB, 900x932px) Image search: [Google]
Krush.jpg
221KB, 900x932px
>>52709988
OUR FIGHT WILL BE LEGEND
>>
>>52710149
Thank fuck.
Bonus; it looks like a single Maniple will top out right around 500 points (jesus fuck i didn't realize Skitarii were this expensive), so that'll work nicely for getting into newbie/learning games (and I guess I could fill out any extra points by allying in some of the 2-piece $10 cadians? I'd have to check the ally rules again to see if I'm even allowed to take a single unit without going freeform, which would make me lose my formation iirc)
>>
File: WP_20170412_18_44_45_Pro(2).jpg (438KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170412_18_44_45_Pro(2).jpg
438KB, 1024x576px
Hello there anons I'm excited to kill some more dirty xenos on Sunday to celebrate the resurrection of the Emperor on Holy Terra do you anons have anything planned? Gonna be holding the line against some Tyranids and possibly some Chaos fucks too if we get another friend involved. Also what army is most fun to play against /tg/ ? Usually all I hear on here is people complaining about Tau and Eldar but what is the best army to play against?
>>
File: Imperial Fists - 1500pts.jpg (520KB, 1800x1531px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists - 1500pts.jpg
520KB, 1800x1531px
Is this enough bodies for 1500?

Keep in mind the vets get obsec
>>
>>52709878
>Imperial Knight Paladins

Durp meant Wardens
>>
>>52710195
You're telling me that deep striking 3 monoliths without mishap that pour out units of 20 warriors is boring?
>>
>>52709758
>shoebox titan
Explain.
I used to proxy empty soda cans as carnifex
>>
>>52710232
It is only 500 points if you're giving out too much wargear, actually they are one of the cheaper armies points wise.

If you're looking for more stuff you can't go wrong with a second SC, but for allies cult mechs are the best.
>>
>>52710232
Dominus Maniple should be around 450 if you really go overboard with the Wargear, yeah. I'd consider, though, to not spend that much on gear and instead grab another 2 5-man Skitarii squads and add those as a separate Skitarii Maniple, if you want a more well-rounded army, since the thing making Skitarii expensive is their gear, not the individual dudes. But for training games, a Dom Maniple should be fine.

As for allies, you are allowed to add any Imperial faction without problem, but still need to use some form of Detachment or Formation for them, so taking just a unit of Cadians or whatever you wanted to sdd is unbound, most likely.
>>
>>52709800
>>52709822
>>52709862
>>52709906
>>52710218

Thanks a lot. I think I will go with autoguns for most of the PDF, and leave lasguns for an elite force of less than 2000 men. That way they have a self-sustaining supply chain despite being a minor world.
>>
>>52710295
Titans built out of literal shoeboxes and shit.

A prime example is one of miniwargaming's gigantic Apocalypse games where people brought 'Imperator-class Titans' made out of buckets and PVC tubes.
>>
>>52709455
Scions fill in the lack of AP3 in the Tau armory, but probably aren't worth it against anything that's not tossing tons of MEQ, due to the lower strength.
>>
>>52710377
Thats part of old school 40k. A guy at my shop had an imperator made of wood and it was the size of a toddler.
>>
>>52709970
While I share a similar thought, it is decidedly better than the original format of "individual formations only"
After a short discussion with the ynarri player it was modified to codex/supplement detachments only, which roughly translates to no CAD no allied detachment
>>
does anybody here play wh40k on tabletop simulator?

i just discovered this game and ive been having a blast learning the rules and playing.

would be kinda neat to play some fa/tg/uys on there if there are any
>>
>>52710488
Anon, I am talking about a giant table with hundred thousands of points on it, a majority fully painted, being presented with a fly-over camera shot and suddenly just seeing a giant red upside-down plastic bucket with some white plastic sticks on top leading into a shoebox with another bucket on top and two plastic stick arms with toilet roll guns on them, all unpainted and the size of a kindergarten child.
>>
>>52710031
Uh, two twin linked weapons on your suits? They only have 3 hardpoints.
>>
>>52710295
Literally placing a box on the table. "This is a imperator titan ok?"
>>
>>52710508
Use it for kill team or SWA. When you start getting into large units gameplay slows to even more of a crawl than normal
>>
>>52710508
I play on there occasionally with a friend and also against myself to test some list ideas.

i'd also like to have more people to play with but I feel like voice chat for that is impossible to not use and I'm always super shy when it comes to talking to people online, evdn if my english is fine and I'm usually not introverted.
>>
Convince someone with a Chaos Undivided army to use a Tzeentch Grinder over other patron gods.
>>
>>52710634
You are already considering it over the alternatives, so you obviously want it more unconsciously and like its aesthetic.

Also, change is always good and you should have a few new things every now and then. Except if they're all Tzeentch. Then keep them.
Change is good.
>>
File: list the first.png (176KB, 870x577px) Image search: [Google]
list the first.png
176KB, 870x577px
>>52710330
>>52710331
Ah, right, gotcha. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, they don't have other Skitarii in stock, and I think the only other Mechanicus dudes I saw while I was there were Fulgerites.

Don't really know how to into Wargear, either. This looks like it'd be about optimal for bodies that I know I can get easily; how should I kit them?
>>
Currently reading Titanicus and it makes me want the buff and hulking Skitarii described in it as actual alternate models.
>>
>>52710031

Your original question has too many variables. How skilled you are versus your opponent, how familiar each of you are with your own and each other's rules, specific army matchups...
So instead I'll just critique your list.

Commander: I have no idea what you plan to do with this guy. Drone controller tells me a drone squad, buff modules tells me he's going with the first squad of crisis suits. At any rate, you've put too much shit on him. Stick him with crisis suits, give him the puretide chip, and guns to match theirs (I recommend plasma). You have so many markerlights that neither ignores cover or twin linked should be real issues. Put the retrothrusters on him (and pick shield OR stim), because he's higher initiative and will likely outlive his unit.

Riptide: I suggest a velocity tracker with the heavy burst cannon, or the ion accelerator with the early warning override. Stimulant injector rarely makes back its points.

Crisis Suits A: Mixing weapons is rather inoptimal. You have the ghostkeel and hammerhead for S7 AP4 shooting, just go with the plasma to fill your AP2 gap. No VRT for reasons mentioned above.

Crisis Suits B: Target lock on all three? For what purpose?

Pathfinders: You have four other markerlight units. Drop this for a piranha or something. They're fun and they kind of fuck with people.

Stealth Suits: I'm not a fan of mixed weapon squads, and I think you have enough AP1 from the crisis suits and the ghostkeel. You can even stick one on the piranha if you end up taking it.

A firebase support cadre can be fun if you can fit two broadsides (missile pods, of course) in. If you do that, I recommend ion blaster for Riptide and early warning override on all three.
>>
>>52710680
Commissar is not an HQ I think, the HQ commissar is the Lord commissar
>>
>>52710527
Then tell him to get his shit bucket off the table and dont come back with it until hes put more effort into it.
>>
>>52710722
>>52710031

Also this -> >>52710558
>>
Every day I wake up hoping to see those new Death Guard minis but no, nothing.
>>
can a necron overload get a mastercraft warscythe? and if yes, where can i find that rule?
>>
>>52710680
You can save yourself some points by taking Vanguard over Rangers. There guns are even more killy, as is their unique rule, and you don't need the long range in small skirmish games.

The Crawler's best loadout is Neutron Laser and Stubber + an additional Stubber for a total of 30 points, though all their loadouts fill a role and are at least usable. Their worst weapon is the defaut Erad Beam, by a long shot. The Skitarii, you should either give the Arc Rifles to fuck up any vehicles or go balls deep and spend 90 points on 3 Plasma Callivers to kill anything. Ommispex is also always good if you have spare points Stay clear of the Arquebus, it's deceptively terribad. Your Dominus, you can really equip with whatever you like and can afford. Every option they have is good.
>>
File: prototype servoskull.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
prototype servoskull.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>>52709132
Just wanted to share the image of a camera instaled inside a skull.

http://inhabitat.com/creepy-camera-made-from-150-year-old-human-skull/
>>
>>52710777
It's the artifact warscythe, voidreaper.
>>
>>52710789
>that cross
Black Templars will always be best boys, even more than 30000 years befoee their founding.
>>
>>52710252
Too much centurion
>>
>>52710794
oh, there it is. I swear, no one has ever called it the voidreaper in my group but it still makes sense to call it a mastercraft warscythe. thank you
>>
File: list 1.1.png (148KB, 869x553px) Image search: [Google]
list 1.1.png
148KB, 869x553px
>>52710727
>check AM rules
>commissars, enginseers, priests, and primaris psykers are all HQ units that don't count is HQ units
Well that's a crock of shit. Guess I'll be counting a Commissar as a Lord Commissar?

>>52710779
Rangers is what I have, unfortunately.
>classiest weapons is the worst
gay

How's this look?
>>
>>52710887
>infantry squad
dude
>>
>>52710887
>typos
>accidentally cropped out the deployment cost
It's exactly 500 points, and I need sleep.

>>52710913
w-what
they're cheap, both figuratively and literally
>>
>>52710887
Yeah, it's a shame about the Sniper. If it cost 10 points less or at least had Ap 2 (or ideally both changes) it eould be a perfectly fine weapon to give your dudes, but paying that much for a gun with so much range most of your dudes won't get to shoot with it, isn't able to ignore most HQ armors, only ever wounds on a 4 and can pop AV 12 on a coin flip and not even cause an explosion is just way too shit for 25 points.

That rant being said, looks like a solid, standard Dominus Maniple. Should be a perfectly fine list to run. Maybe just consider spending 5 points on a Conversion field for the Dominus, if you anticipate some dangerous Ap 2 guns, but it's not really worth dropping anything for either.
Can't judge the IG portion but seems to be just minimum sized bullet fodder anyway so I'm sure it'll also be a-ok.
>>
>>52710927
Not to be a dick, but have you read your codex?

You can't take a single infantry squad in any legal list. An Infantry Platoon is a PCS and two Infantry squads minimum.

What you may be looking for are Veterans, which can be taken in a single squad.
>>
>>52710991
>minimum sized bullet fodder
Literally exactly what it is.

>>52711008
Apparently I need to re-read it. IG can't take the vanilla rulebook Allied Detatchment (1 HQ 1 Troop)?
>>
>>52710927
>w-what
Actually read the rules for the infantry platoon, please. They've only remained unchanged for the past eighteen years.
>>
>>52710615
ill play with you anon dont worry
>>
>>52711008
>>52711035
>>52711038
Oh shit yeah I just found where I fucked up; squards are troops that don't count as troops unless there's at least 2 squards and a platoon command, fuck
don't mind me newfagging all over the place
>>
Looks like the Death Korps and Elysians are on the way out at Forge World.
>>
>>52711109
PLASTIC KITS PLEASE
I bet they'll be elite choices in the new IG codex with special HQ to be taken as troops.
>>
>>52711109
>>52711172
>Death korps of krieg supported by plastic kits at GW
If only.
>>
>>52711196
They'll be the highest selling kits in plastic, is it really that hard to believe?
Nobody buys armies of them because they're disgustingly expensive even as a squad
>>
>>52709239
Eldarfags are the worst. Bunch of fuckboys the lot of them.
>>
>>52709239
Marine players are in a weird spot where they cover an entire spectrum of not understanding how the game works. I see some space marine players who can't win a game to save their lives, even against a relatively weak army. On the other hand, I see the ones who unironically bring Barkstars and Smashfucker to games, and yet still bitch about how Riptides are OP as they're mowing them down in melee.

The biggest thing I could say across the board is a lack of awareness. Marine players picked the most entry-level army in the game, and so to them everything else seems like some weird OP BS, regardless of what they're playing against or what the actual situation is.
>>
>>52711256
Probably dual kits, perhaps even several different
Trench guard = steel legion and death korps
Winter guards = vostroya and valhala
Jungle guards = catachans and Gaunt's ghosts
Other guards = cadia and Tallarns
"Modern armies" = Elysian guard?
Lastly fuck mordians and if you like them you're equally shit
>>
>>52711488
Also this kits must be compatible with storm scions to make your own storm troopers
>>
>>52711256
No I agree with you, I meant if only as in I wish they did, The best replacement I got are cadian models with Pig iron gas mask helmet heads.
>>
>>52711514
Also they better get rid of fucking Mongol rough riders
>>
>>52711172
>Cadia blows up
>DKoK/EDT released as 1ksons style full faction within a faction
Might actually start collect guardsmen
>>
>>52711559
I guess that'd fit the whole Death Guard big release coming up. Cadia falls, a bunch of plague marines show up, and now the imperium needs a force that can fight in super hostile environments.
>>
>>52711584
Dual kit DKoK/Savlar Chem Dogs confirmed
>>
>>52709988
Hilariously the 6 physically smallest and weakest models in that list are the primary anti tank, melee no less.
>>
>>52711559
>Cadia blows up
>Every IG faction summoned as a call to arms
>>
>>52711256
But I don't want a shitty WW1 trench army.

>inb4 "that's what IG is"
>inb4 catachans
>inb4 tallarn
>inb4 elysians
>inb4 harakoni
>inb4 praetorians
>inb4 every other IG regiment that isn't a bunch of WW1 trenchers

>>52711488
IG needs to back to its 2e roots where they had a standard issue gear that different planets made their own alterations to. Look at old Cadians, Mordians, Tallarn, etc. They basically have the same fatigues with different shoulder pads, head gear, etc. If GW did that, then making upgrade kits to that set in the form of head and shoulder swaps, trench coat legs, different guns, etc. would be a piece of cake.
>>
Excited for my new Celestine to arrive. Am I a dick for running her at 1250? I gather she is quite strong.

>>52711488
Mordians are aesthetic as fuck, you tasteless cunt.
>>
What do I need to field Blood Angels? The Codex obviously, but are the Baal books still the most-current supplement for it?
>>
>>52710159
Can't remember how it works, but the robots are fearless. Also shooting could rarely lead to your shots being reflected back at you.
>>
>>52709988
Oddly enough a Tempestus Scion army could kill this rather efficiently.
>>
When using a drop pod, what do you measure to make sure it doesn't land on enemy units or impassable terrain? The opened or unopened pod? One has a much bigger radius than the other.

>>52710820
What should I replace them with?
>>
>>52711781
>Mordians are aesthetic as fuck, you tasteless cunt.
NO, FUCK YOU, LITERALLY WOULD RATHER HAVE PRAETORIANS BACK INSTEAD OF THE PLAIN BORING MORDIANS
>>
>>52712039
porque no los dos?
>>
>>52712039
100% tasteless plebian confirmed.
>>
>>52712069
NO, A LA VERGA CON MORDIA Y A LA VERGA TU TAMBIEN POR METERTE DONDE NO TE LLAMAN.
>>
>>52712001
drop pods are measured unopened, you then open as much of it as you can.
>>
File: 1492036003508.jpg (139KB, 1487x1443px) Image search: [Google]
1492036003508.jpg
139KB, 1487x1443px
>>52712084
>liking unarmored Byson guard
No anon, you have shit taste
>>
>>52712109
Ok thanks.
>>
>>52712085
Estas enojado chingon?
>>
>>52712131
ESTOY ENOJADO, ENOJADO CON LOS PUTOS MORDIANOS.
>>
>>52712177
reeeeee wall and what not
>>
>>52711808
Shield of Baal and Angel's Blade are both available in the OP. See if you want anything from SoB before you buy it but AB is an updated BA codex with some added things.
>>
>>52711751
>not wanting a greatcoat army storming trenches, running over the dead bodies of their fallen
>>
>>52712248
Que?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1880pts.jpg (580KB, 1800x1897px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1880pts.jpg
580KB, 1800x1897px
Still gotta trim 30 points. Is this list entirely hopeless?

++Grand Coven
+War Cabal
Sorcerer- Mark of Tzeentch- 75
Sorcerer- Mark of Tzeentch, Astral Grimoire, ML3, Terminator Armor, Spell Familiar- 195
Rubric Marines (5)- Rhino- 185
Scarab Occult Terminators (5)- Hellfyre Missile Launcher, Soulreaper Cannon- 300
+Legion Armoury
Vindicator- Daemonic Possession- 135
+Ahriman's Exiles
Ahriman- Disc of Tzeentch- 260
Exalted Sorcerer- ML3, Spell Familiar, Disc of Tzeentch- 230
Exalted Sorcerer- ML3, Spell Familiar, Disc of Tzeentch- 230
Exalted Sorcerer- ML3, Spell Familiar, Disc of Tzeentch, Seer's Bane- 270

Total- 1880/1850
>>
How is Treason of Tzeench resolved when casted on unit in Psychic Abomination bubble?

Since it has to be resolved "immediately", and blessings can't be removed before they are on unit, I assume that RAW is that they go at the same time, which would allow caster to pick that shooting occurs first.
>>
>>52712299
Nope.
>>
>>52712409
Remember that harnessing on 3+ means that you only need 2xWC dice to have good chance of manifesting power, which is most important on WC1 powers where two dice give you 90% of getting power.
>>
What would you advise for a harlequin kill team? Playing Herald of Ruins rules so it's 250 pts. Tried going full skyweavers + one jester against blood Marines but the fact I can't hit and run if I destroy the model and the fact I can't charge several model at once are very limiting. Even if I was much more powerful at cqc I got rekt by shooting phases.
>>
>>52712409
I know that they say tsons are expensive but GEEZ. How long are you in the psychic phase for?
>>
File: Eldar - 1250pts.jpg (367KB, 1800x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar - 1250pts.jpg
367KB, 1800x1104px
I tried to make a small, 1250 point space elf list for pleasant, casual sorts of games. Is this reasonable?
>>
>>52712409
Jesus christ as a Deathwing player even I find this ridiculous

>bring 16 models and 2 vehicles and still 30 points over the standard tourney point limit
>>
>>52713162
Seems like it might be fine. Not sure who you'd stick the Farseer with, but aside from that there's nothing too out there in that list.
>>
>>52713068
I reckon that I'll be able to handle my end of the phase in five minutes or less on average.

It's going to be time consuming, but the list will blow through the movement and shooting phases.
>>
Is it better to run Custodes with spears or make them sword-and-boards? 2+/3++ sounds pretty sw8.
>>
File: Aedan_Radek_by_slaine69.jpg (135KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Aedan_Radek_by_slaine69.jpg
135KB, 752x1063px
I CANNOT BUILD
BUT I CAN DESTROY
I AM THE
W
A
R
>>
I have a dilemma friendos. I have a group of friends that are going to this birthday party thing tomorrow and it is going to be boring and ALL day. I already committed to this but my only opportunity to play warhammer 40k is around this same exact time. I honestly would rather play 40k... what do? most of the people going have kids and this is to celebrate his daughters bday... :(
PS. I know I am a bad friend
>>
INFECTED BY UNNATURAL AGGRESSION
DRIVEN BY ABNORMAL DEATH SELECTION
NO ANTIBODIES TO FIX MY MIND
NO TEARS WILL DIM MY SAVAGE EYES
ADRENALINE CONTROL
FOREVER FIX MY SOUL
CURSE BY MY SIDE
I AM JUDGEMENT IN DISGUISE
>>
File: 1487495926705.jpg (64KB, 314x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487495926705.jpg
64KB, 314x313px
>>52713215
I wasn't sure either, so I figured maybe on the jetbike he could hang out with whoever needs help.

Kinda don't want to run any jetbikes for moral high ground and because the one on foot is slightly cooler looking.

Good to know, though. I don't really fully know Eldar weapons and I wasn't sure if I'd picked ones that were hax/garbage or if I'd spent way too much on wargear. I think this might be what I'd start out an army with, then. Only about 270 dollars or so, which doesn't sound bad for a 1250 point army.

As for craftworlds, I've painted enough yellow for a lifetime. I'm thinking Altansar, ulthwe, or lugganath....

I think this whole thing is an excuse to paint a wraithlord.
>>
>>52713192
Yeah, the Thousand Sons rules are fucked. You have to take hundreds of points in extremely overcosted Rubricae in order to spend hundreds of points on worthwhile psykers.

The alternative that I'm looking at is to throw Ahriman and the Seer's Bane Exalted into the Cabal, drop the superfluous Sorcerers, and take as many Pink Horrors as I can.

The full retard alternative is to drop the Cabal and the Vindicator in order to take the Omniscient Oracles with an extra Lord of Change. 1850 points, 7 models.
>>
>>52713310
What powers do you plan on rolling for your Sorcs?
>>
>>52713304
All those seem pretty cool, though I'd vote the first just for the absolute opposite of yellow.

Only thing I could see people being annoyed with is the D Artillery, but that would be more on principle of D weapons rather than any overpoweredness with them.

A non-bike Farseer might work out for your list though. The main reason for the bike is mobility and toughness 4, but he won't be benefitting from either for most of that list. If you want him durable, it'd be easy to stick him with the artillery unit for that effective toughness 7.
>>
>>52713310
>1850 points seven models
What's the lowest possible number of models a TSons army can take at 1850?
>>
>>52710558
>>52710722
Sorry about the no responses back, guys. I got dragged to an impromptu night out. I'll fix the list tomorrow and ask then. Didn't even see I put TL guns.
>>
>>52712416

What kind of rule bending is this?
Of course treason of tzeentch does not effect units in the bubble.
>>
>>52713338
Depends on match-up and. Out of 20 ML, 8 have to roll on Tzeentch, so what those dice give me will also affect what I fish for. Vehicle heavy armies will force lots of rolls on Heretech. Ahriman will probably always throw one die on Telepathy for Shriek. I imagine that I'll default to Telepathy (fishing for Invis) and Sinistrum (fishing for Warp Fate) fairly often since either of those enables me to death star it up, and both have decent primaris powers.
>>
File: khorneandhiscourt.jpg (277KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
khorneandhiscourt.jpg
277KB, 1136x811px
I've always dreamed of becoming a warrior poet, /tg/, but it seems I was born in the wrong period of history. But I really like Khorne, so I decided to write a poem in his honor and share it with you guys. Here it goes:

DEATH TO ALL ALIENS
DEATH TO ALL MUTANTS
DEATH TO ALL LOYALISTS
DEATH TO ALL DEGENERATES
DEATH TO ALL WITCHES
DEATH TO ALL WEAKLINGS
DEATH TO ALL SACS OF PUS
DEATH TO ALL HEATHENS
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
PRAISE TO THE BLOOD FATHER
DEATH TO THE CORPSE LORD

Hope you all liked it.
>>
>>52713310
>You have to take hundreds of points in extremely overcosted Rubricae in order to spend hundreds of points on worthwhile psykers.
What about Ahriman's Exiles and War Covens? Take one of the former than spam lots of the latter?
>>
>>52713431
If you're already taking the Exiles, I'm not sure why you'd take a Coven.
>>
>>52713383
Bubble doesn't stop malediction being applied, it "immediately" dispels it. Likewise, Treason stats that you have to "immediately" shoot. So RAW they occur at the same time, so player chooses the order of execution.

And it's kind of rule bending that gets Riptide Wings to shoot Culexus camping in front of them.
>>
>>52713430
down with the corpse lord*
>>
>>52713443
The basic idea is that you take an entire army of nothing but sorcers, exalted sorcerers and Ahriman. Wouldn't that get around the whole rubric marines issue?
>>
File: seer-council.jpg (256KB, 917x1024px) Image search: [Google]
seer-council.jpg
256KB, 917x1024px
>>52713342
The D cannons I chose for anti tank purposes, but I think I probably have enough to get by. Taking a second look I actually don't like how short ranged they are. Maybe vibro cannons instead.

I DO like the idea of sticking the farseer in the middle of the artillery. Have it nice and snug in the middle-rear. Guardian defenders to each flank. Sounds cozy.

Also I gotta say, it's a shame they haven't updated warlocks. For something that looks so fly in artwork, they're still rather dopey in miniature form.
>>
I NEED BANSHEE ASS
I NEED WYCH ASS

RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>52713468
You're talking about figurines here. What the hell is wrong with you.
>>
File: 1484282196262.png (463KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1484282196262.png
463KB, 600x411px
>>52713468
Fine, jeez.
>>
File: 1492018267259.jpg (11KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492018267259.jpg
11KB, 300x200px
>>52712416
No, just don't, stop being stupid on purpose.
>>
>>52713462
You could go for some Bright lances on something for some extra anti-tank, along with the missiles on the walkers. Vibro cannons might be a safer bet as well, since they can hang back and give you some long-distance punch.

You may also be able to pass on the warlock in that unit if the Farseer is with them, though I'm not sure where you'd put the extra points.
>>
>>52713455
Sure, you could just not take the iconic Thousand Sons unit, but you still have the numbers issue. If you're going to scrap the entire idea of the Grand Coven, you'd be better off just taking the Exiles and stapling them onto an Alpha Legion Cultist horde or a KDK Flesh Hound horde, or a Horror spam daemon list.
>>
>>52713512
The problem is that the iconic thousand son's unit is shit and overcosted.
>>
>>52713512
Issue with the iconic TSons unit is that a squad of 10 men is 300 points.
>>
>>52713531
>>52713540
They do get FREE Storm Shields tho.
>>
File: Tommy_Lee_Facepalm_2574.jpg (11KB, 345x230px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy_Lee_Facepalm_2574.jpg
11KB, 345x230px
>>52713282
You're a grown man, you don't need to give explanations, if you already said you will assist then go and leave early, you don't need to ask for permission from random people on the internet.
>>
>>52713512
I feel like 1k sons is a lot better when focusing in other areas, or not taken as the entirety of an army. I mean, if you mix unmarked squads with the things that have a 5++ save by default as the actual Tzeentch units, I think it works out better.

Otherwise you're usually paying too many points for things that just don't really end up mattering.
>>
>>52713562
They get a 4++ not a 3++
>>
>>52713578
Get any blessing and get the extra +1 from the TS formation
>>
>>52713596
Meaning your opponent will just blast them with basic guns instead of using up anything with actual AP, because they're still Toughness 4 models with 1 wound each.

They cost far too much for how fragile they end up being.
>>
>>52713304
Ulthwe is a great colour scheme
>>
File: 1413133767841.jpg (86KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1413133767841.jpg
86KB, 500x560px
>>52713508
I do gain an odd 90 points to goof around with from changing to vibro cannons. Bright lances are an easy swap for the wraithlord point for point with the starcannons.

If I did drop that warlock I could actually nearly fit in an entire third guardian unit identical to the other two. Would have ten points over. Those D cannons really do eat points. I'll have to play around with it.
>>
>>52713615
>Toughness 4 models with 1 wound each.
So are termies.

High AP weapons are a norm nowadays, so that invu helps a ton. This is especially true in assault, where combination of 3++ and Fearless lets them tarpit units that can tear through tacticals in a turn.
>>
>>52713596
>>52713711
Wait, where do they get the +1 invul save boost from?
>>
>>52713744
5++ from Aura of Dark Glory, +1 for MoT and Blessing of Tzeentch grants them additional +1 to their invulnerable save when affected by a blessing(I.e. Force).
>>
File: ulthwetank.jpg (15KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
ulthwetank.jpg
15KB, 350x256px
>>52713659
It really is, isn't it? I feel like I could crank out those guardians pretty quick, too, with some drybrushing on the black armor and then going to the bone colors.
>>
>>52713711
>So are termies

And people constantly complain about how they aren't durable enough. At least they have deep-strike and have melee weapons that are causing a lot of their extra cost. 2+ armor also means that small arms aren't quite as threatening, compared to how 1k sons only have a 3+ no matter what.

Termies die easily to high AP weapons, but also to volume fire, but can deep-strike into postion. rubrics die even more easily to high-volume fire, such that your opponent doesn't even need the high AP weapons, and can't even advance that easily.

For a unit that ends up costing about as much as a terminator squad if not more once you've kitted it out, that's a bad sign.
>>
>>52713711
>300+ point elite invulnerable save unit
>Using it as a tarpit

Why
>>
>>52713771
Wait, explain the last bit for me?

>>52713797
We're talking TSons formations so Rubric Marines are basically troops. but yeah they are so overpriced it's not even funny.
>>
>>52713830
>Wait, explain the last bit for me?

He's talking about the Traitor Legions bonuses for running a full on thousand sons detachment. Still not really worth it, since everything has to have a mark of Tzeentch on it so it's hard to get useful blessings and actually take advantage of that.
>>
>ā€˜It wonā€™t hold much longer,ā€™ Kalyn, Solariaā€™s firstborn heir, said over the vox. ā€˜Iā€™m moving to support you and father.ā€™

The Imperial Knight woman from Dawn of War 3....she is married and she has KIDS. RUINED. RUINED I SAY!
>>
>>52713445

So that's how Waac-fags think lol
>>
>>52713854
Full bonus is rerolling saving throws of 1. Blessing of Tzeentch they get by default.
>>
>>52713797
Because people like to play Devil's advocate in order to feel smart.

>>52713771
>burning 2-3 WC to turn your 4++ into a 3++
Look out, we've got a tactical genius over here.

>>52713711
Yeah, and terminators are almost universally crap. High AP weapons are not the norm. More prevalent, yes, but Bolters and the like are still the norm, and Thousand Sons, for their cost, so not hold up well under small arms fire. Nor do they do well in melee (and no, being able to tar pit shitty CC units that rely on a small number of attacks is not doing well in melee), nor are they particularly dangerous with shooting, and the Aspiring Sorcerer is a joke of a psyker.

>>52713562
>30 PPM with a blessing cast on them and detachment bonuses
>free
Don't you have other books to ruin, Simon?
>>
>>52713854
I can't find this Blessing of Tzeentch rule, where is it?
>>
>>52713922
Thousand Sons get it by default. Word Bearers, Black Legion, and non-Legion Thousand Sons (the unit) don't get it. It's a bonus for a full on Thousand Sons detachment.
>>
>>52713888
>using RAW to crush faggots trying to tailor against me
>WAAC

Eat shit faggot, you don't get to shut down my psychic phase.
>>
File: eldar ulthweish.jpg (403KB, 1800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
eldar ulthweish.jpg
403KB, 1800x1185px
>>52713508
Actually, with that second warlock dropped, I could fit in a squad of these fancy new-rules black guardians in with a pair of fusion guns for some ulthwe flavor if I were to swing into that direction. I do fancy Eldrad's new model...
>>
>>52713952
Are you retarded? Did you look on the pages that have the Thousand Sons rules?
>>
File: Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg (260KB, 864x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - 1850pts.jpg
260KB, 864x1022px
Is it possible to make a better DG list
>>
>>52713976
Yes, you've been given suggestions before.
>>
>>52713974
I'm seeing Favored of Tzeentch (reroll saving throws of 1) but not Blessing.
>>
>>52713971
That'd be a neat touch. A squad of deep-striking Storm Guardians would also be an easy solution to your anti-tank problems.
>>
>>52713994
Confirmed for retarded. Find an easier hobby like licking door knobs PR eating paste.
>>
>>52713994
Fuck me nevermind, it's on the page regarding the Forces of TSons.
>>
>>52713993
I've been suggested to drop a bike for special weapons for marines which I don't think is a good idea, and pandemic staff instead of black mace.
>>
>>52713772
Don't forget to do the red soulstones with reflections. What would you drybrush over the black? A mixture of grey and blue, perhaps Eshin Grey?
>>
>>52714022
Both of those are good ideas whether or not you think they are. 5 man squads in Rhinos fucking need special weapons and black mace is amazing.

Also 8 autocannons is overkill as fuck.
>>
>>52713976
>MoN bikers
FFS not this shit again
>>
Are sisters of silence good as allies for AdM convocation? Or should I just set more firing staff to counter all that invisible staff?
>>
>>52713414
What about Seer's Bane dude? Do you try to fish for CQC buffs?
>>
>>52714022
I'd certainly agree with 1 less bike for special weapons. 6 of the damn things is overkill when you could get some meltas or something for those Rhino squads.
>>
>>52714050
I'd only really need the marines to sit on an objective, is it really worth dropping a number from the biker unit? If something needs to be taken out near the marines the havocs could likely do the job instead. I was suggested to take the pandemic staff instead of the mace. 2 havoc squads is the perfect amount is it not? I'm not sure how I feel about using the knight's Avenger for anti air so ablative autocannon fire can fill the role.
>>
File: dow ulthwe.jpg (354KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dow ulthwe.jpg
354KB, 1280x960px
>>52714040
I was thinking Eshin then some fine edge highlighting with fenris gray. Yeah, the red accents totally make it. I think it gives a very samurai look.
>>
File: 1370719899091.jpg (76KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
1370719899091.jpg
76KB, 400x345px
>>52713965
>anti psyker units shouldn't work against psykers

Your reading of that rule is straight-up WAAC. If people are list tailoring against you, do it to them. Don't try to argue that you can negate their very clearly intended counter to you, just because GW fucked up the wording of another rule.
>>
File: PĆ„sk.jpg (244KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
PĆ„sk.jpg
244KB, 1080x810px
My my, what's this? An easter envelope? For me?
>>
>>52714144
Yeah, return address is Nurgle's garden in the Warp.
>>
File: PĆ„sk2.jpg (316KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
PĆ„sk2.jpg
316KB, 1080x810px
>>52714194
Haw!
Let's have a gander, shall we?
AWWWW SHIT
>>
>>52714129
Consider, for a moment, which race regularly fits all their shooting in area that can be covered by a Culexus bubble.

As for Bull Maiden formation, I just won't play them. I have little reason to play against army whose entire point is to stop me from actually playing the game.

SoS and Inquisition are fine, as they are merely stronger against me, but outright making it impossible for me to do shit is just dumb.
>>
File: Death Guard - 1850pts2.jpg (266KB, 864x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - 1850pts2.jpg
266KB, 864x1029px
>>52714081
It leaves me at a shitty point level of 1841 so I filled with meltabombs for a marine unit and a memi-bolter for the aspiring.
>>52714072
>bitching about MoN bikers
They've been around for a while, of all the things to complain about in 40k you choose something because of nonsensical fluff reasoning?
>>
>>52714202
>Kr
Which third world currency is this again?
>>
>>52713430
https://www.marines.com
http://www.creative-writing-now.com/how-to-write-poetry.html

Faggot.
>>
>>52714232
>nonsensical fluff reasoning
Oh look, it's this WAAC fag again.

Please get a tripcode so that I can filter you easily.
>>
>>52714253
Not him but Kroner is... Norwegian iirc?
>>
Why the actual fuck can't Fire Warriors take Rail/Ion rifles? As a player who loves my dudes but hates pathfinders this sincerely pisses me off
>>
>>52714076
Biomancy is always useful, but 1/3 relevant buffs is a bit dicey to go for unless there's really nothing better.
>>
>>52713976
Take Plague Marines you fucking shit
>>
>>52714307
Yeah, it's my go-to as well, since it has good chance of giving Sorc ability not get splattered by S10. Higher initiative also comes in handy.

Precog is tempting, but it's a risky take, as is that 3++ shield. Sinistrum is another decent one for him.
>>
>>52714272
>Nurgle sees a unit of bikers
>"Ew these are fast I have no use for them"
>turns them to slag
Just makes no sense. Please stop crying about the unit because your army can't deal.
>b-but DG don't use vehicles!
They're NURGLE bikers.
>>
>>52714292
The fluff explanation is that they're still too experimental to be used as the main-line Tau rifle, which is why they're relegated to Pathfinder squads that also get some of the weirder experimental drones.

For gameplay reasons, you'd be stuck with only one per squad anyway, since they're essentially special weapons.

I'm not sure why you really hate pathfinders but love Fire Warriors though. The difference is the level of armor and that's it. I love Pathfinder teams for how much they can be customized.

If you want a suggestion for a house-rule, have a squad of 5 Fire Warrior Shas'uis that can take Ion/Rail rifles as an Elite choice. It'd be a neat alternative to battlesuits for infantry based Tau. Maybe give them the Breacher special invuln field rule as well. Just sort of a team of Infantry Tau vets.
>>
>>52714319
>take a strictly inferior unit to sooth the autism of some anons on a Mongolian horse-wrangling forum
>>
>>52714319
But plague marines are overcosted and are only able to be taken in a CAD or a god awful Plague Colony
>>
>>52714336
>They're NURGLE bikers.
>Detatchment says Deathguard

You can just say that you don't care about the fluff and only care about winning you know
>>
>>52714336
I'm not even the guy you were arguing with yesterday, I just find you incredibly obnoxious and wish you'd fuck off back to dakkadakka or /r/warhammer40k
>>
>>52714336
That 2+ jinking DP is all I need to see to know you're scum.
>>
>>52714292
>>52714337
It's right there in the lore.

The lore says that Rail guns have a chance of killing their users which happens once every 10K firings. Because of this, Fire Warrior will not use it as a mainstay weapon because arming their me with weapons that can kill them is a disgrace/dishonourable. The Tau are not the fucking Imperium. They care about the lives of their men.

The earth caste are working on a new version of the rail gunthat's not only 100% safe but has the power of the Broadside rail rifle. They plan to replace the pulse rifles with their new rail guns. It will be the standard weapon for every fire warrior.

So tell me guys. How will this affect the lore and TT?
>>
>>52714352
>suggesting DG can't employ other units from Nurgle, like plague drones, bikes or plaguebearers
I care about the fluff I just don't sperg about it
>>52714357
I find the fact that people hate a unit taken in an army like Tau take Kroot, or Marines take scouts to be so absurd. Get over it you babies.
>gb2 dickadicka or leddit
I've been here and 7 /tg/ before that
>>
>>52714362
Lemme just take all the units that get shit on by Tau, Eldar and MEQ so you have a good time. I never told you the competitive setting in which I play. I'm obviously not this against lower echelon armies that have no answer, that's scummy.
>>
>>52714401
>I care about the fluff

Sure
>>
>5 bikes is spamming

It's good to see people are at least consistent with their arguments here in /40kg/.
>>
>>52714393
I doubt it will ever happen so it's irrelevant. But if it does we'll have an excuse to kick tau out of the hobby.
>>
>>52714422
>opponent takes 3 tides and 3 keels
>Tau doesn't field that amount of firepower in a skirmish in fluff
but that's against the ruurs!
>>
>>52714401
>Unit X is overpowered in game terms, and generally does not fit the lore of the army you're putting it in. We're not saying you can't play it, but it's looked down upon as shameless and boring
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP JUDGING ME YOU BABIES
ok
>>
>>52714450
>This other faggot did it, that makes it okay!

Sure
>>
>>52714453
>looked down upon
Dude you're telling me Death Guard would DENY marching to battle alongside bikes and other units/creatures of Nurgle? As if they have a choice? Come on. It's like I'm falling for bait
>>
>>52714449
Are you sure? All factions will get updates in the ongoing narrative. The Tau are gonna get something new.
>>
>>52714494
It's looked down upon by other players and generally would make getting matches more difficult for you than anyone else.
>>
File: 0b5.gif (185KB, 600x731px) Image search: [Google]
0b5.gif
185KB, 600x731px
>Vectorium translated is Transport
>Death Guard Transport
>>
>>52714497
They're not going to get str 8 ap 1 guns on their basic troops.
>>
>>52714393
At best, I could see them introducing the first wave of them as a sort of special weapon team, either Elite or Heavy support, and pretty much just basic infantry with them.
>>
>>52714501
If you refused to play me because something in my army didn't make complete sense in fluff (when it actually does) I would laugh at you. Everyone should laugh at you.
>>
File: Rippy Banner.jpg (49KB, 522x108px) Image search: [Google]
Rippy Banner.jpg
49KB, 522x108px
>>52710747
This is currently my existence.
>>
>>52714614
>>52710747

Oh and I keep watching this over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BceinBiT9jQ
>>
>>52714453
Oh come on. I too have a unit of bikers in my Warband, as they're better than raptorĀ“s and such (and 1 fast attack is mandatory there). I get why people would have this attitude to an army with 3 max size biker squads or some shit, but all this whining about one small squad and calling it shameless and overpowered is just as ridiculous.
>>
>>52714612
Is this how you react to people who refuse to play against Riptide spam too?
>>
Nurgle bikes aren't going to stand up to Eldar or Tau for any length of time. A single D-weapon is going to decimate them.
>>
>>52714636
Two markerlights and a Fire Warrior gunline is also going to wreck its face.
>>
>>52711617
Savlar Chemdogs you say? Get to the end of this OP without cringing;

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/288926.page
>>
>>52714630
No because riptide spam is broken undercosted cancer that doesn't make sense in the codex entry, much like wraithknights. These armies are denied games for completely different reasons. If you deny DG armies games because you think bikes are on that level then you clearly just have an army that can't deal with a majority of what's put on the table.
>>
>Diomedes became a chaplain in Dawn of War 3

This is ridiculous.
>>
>>52714665
>nurgle bikers are "a majority of what's put on the table"
I believe this is what they call a Freudian slip.
>>
>>52714689
Dude, if you can't deal with nurgle bikers how the fuck you you deal with MCs? 6th Ed MC spam was five years ago and it hasn't changed. What the fuck are you running that has such a hard time dealing with T6 3+?
>>
>>52714689
>taking my words out of context on purpose
>being this new
>being this bad
>thinking adhering to terms of fluff, which are more so your own terms, makes you good or knowledgable in any relevance to the game
I believe this is what we call a Freudian slip. Or just being plain dumb really.
>>
>>52714717
Orks
>>
>>52714743
Spam Lootas. Hit them in the face with a Meganob squad. High volume high strength attacks will rape that unit.
>>
>>52714717
It's okay anon, I'm sure he has fun ramming his ork trukks into his opponents biovores. We've made our point.
>>
>>52714717
Nurgle bikers are annoying because they make no sense lorewise and take advantage of MoN and the Biker toughness to essentially bring in a unit that shouldn't really be legal at all but is for whatever reason.

MCs are a totally different matter and don't concern this conversation.

>>52714742
>generic ad hominem
>hurr durr let me throw your own insult back to you except that I don't even understand what you were trying to say so I come off as even more of an idiot that doesn't understand a single word of the entire conversation
>also fluff doesn't matter not a WAAC fag btw
Thanks for proving me right?
>>
>>52714765
>>52714743
Holy fuck I called it
>>
>>52714768
If nurgle bikes never show up in lore why are you allowed to take them in the first place?
>>
>Shadowsun in a blob of fire warriors for an infiltrating 2+ cover gunline
Is this against the rules? I don't think it is but perhaps I'm not comprehending the rulebook properly or this has been FAQd
>>
>>52714768
HOW DO NURGLE BIKES NOT MAKE SENSE
They've made sense for years now but I'm assuming you were in grade school at the time. That or at a special adult program while your parents were at work. Good lord man, how many straws do you have to pull?
>>
>>52714770
You called nothing. stupid newfag.

>>52714785
Hence "they make no sense lorewise" and "shouldn't really be legal at all but is for whatever reason" you stupid fuck.
>>
File: 99120205020_ArkanautCompany01.jpg (54KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120205020_ArkanautCompany01.jpg
54KB, 600x620px
So who of you are gonna be making Squats now?
>>
>>52714790
Go read up on Death Guard lore and come back to me when you aren't busying circlejerking over your stupid WAAC unit.
>>
>>52714768
>make no sense lorewise

Do explain how a unit of 5 bikes is breaking the lore.
>>
>>52714796
Holy shit you abhorrent mongoloid they're not Death Guard bikes, they're nurgle bikes. This isn't pre heresy Death Guard, things fucking change.
>>
>>52714806
>spoonfeed basic information that can be found online for me
No.
>>
>>52714768
Yes, lets complain about expensive high toughness bikes and not other shit like Riptides who break lore.
>>
Can Mortarion just fucking tell his army that bikes and jetpacks are allowed and they are fluffy?

Imagine when your own fucking legion has civil wars over stupid shit like this
>>
>>52714817
>they're not Death Guard bikes, they're nurgle bikes
See >>52714352
The difference between your stupid nurgle bikes argument and allying with plaguebearers and plague drones is that you're fielding your stupid fucking nurgle bikes under your Death Guard detachment. Plaguebearers and Plague Drones can't be fielded in DG detachments, they have to be fielded in a separate Nurgle Daemon detachment

Retard.

>>52714826
If you didn't notice I criticized Riptides too less than 20 mins ago.
>>
>>52714768
The point people seem to be missing in this whole conversation is that a Chaos Warband formation requires one unit of either bikers, raptors or warp talons. And bikers are just the better choice there. Whether or not it's super fluffy he still needs to run one fast attack.
I'd criticise his small number of marines on the table before I'd even mention the bikes if he were to go for fluffy DG. Or the knight. One single squad of bikers are hardly that unfluffy or very OP. They're great for their cost, in an army that has a lot of overcosted stuff, so it evens itself out. If he were to run 20 bikers or something I'd understand all the hate.
>>
>>52714848
I'm convinced you have aspergers.
>>
>>52714806
>>52714817
Not only what >>52714848 pointed out, but you've also got a Biker Lord going with them. This is hardly a small detachment of generic Nurgle bikers that you're bringing as mercs
>>
>>52714819
I know very well what the fluff says, and nowhere does it say "no bikes never" and you you're just pulling your argument out of your ass for no other reason than to be a lying dick.
>>
>>52714885
>6 bikes is spamming bikes
>>
>>52714786
You will get the Shrouded but not the Infliltrate.
>>
>>52714894
There's some super old chaos chart that showed what chaos god could take and Nurgle was deemed too slow to take any fast attack.
>>
>>52714881
He isn't the one who got triggered by >>52714072 which could have easily been a statement about how retarded these arguments get.

But no, you have to debate these idiots about how your Deathguard bikers are fluffy and not WAAC instead of just moving on with your life.
>>
>>52714881
You're convinced that your Nurgle bikers bullshit makes sense so I highly doubt anyone here with an IQ above 80 really trusts your judgement.

>>52714894
It says they're extremely rare.

>>52714908
Your formation's leader being a biker says that it's not just a fucking "Nurgle biker" squad. Spamming isn't the point, it breaking lore and in general being an unfluffy combination is the criticism.
>>
>>52714908
>Chaos Lord is unrelated mercs

Don't know what strawman you're after with this spam thing. Were you having this same argument in another thread or something?
>>
>>52714909
>Units that contain at least one model with this special rule
It is one unit once they're joined before deployment, right? I'm not calling you a liar, I just need someone to hold my hand and explain
>>
>>52714938
Page 166
ā€“ Independent Character, Independent
Characters and Infiltrate
Change this sentence to read:
ā€˜An Independent Character without the Infiltrate
special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during
deployment, and vice versa.ā€™
>>
>>52714926
>It says they're extremely rare.

It says that Mortarion didn't put much emphasis on it. Unless you can give a direct quote to "extremely rare".

>Your

I don't have any bikes, so direct your accusations elsewhere.

>leader being a biker says that it's not just a fucking "Nurgle biker" squad.

I said 6 bikes (5 in the unit + lord), not "a squad".

>it breaking lore and in general being an unfluffy combination

Yet you can present any evidence that DG didn't use bikes.

But, ok, lets say you find this magical "extremely rare" quote somewhere, what would be your acceptable amount of DG bikes? 3 per 1,000 points? Per 2,000pts.? When is your arbitrary criteria satisfied?
>>
Thoughts on my army?

Armageddon Steel Legion, 93rd Chosin Regiment

Company command squad
1xPlasma Gun
1xLascannon Team

Veteran Squad
1xGrenade Launcher

Veteran squad
1xGrenade launcher
1xHeavy Bolter team

Leman Russ Vanquisher
1x Frontal Heavy Flamer

Heavy weapons
3xMortars

Vindicare Assassin
>>
>>52714965
What a load of shit. Oh well, thanks bud.
>>
Is Tau a good army for someone who is mostly focused on the "gaming" part of the hobby?
>>
>>52714931
A few threads back the whole argument was that spamming DG bikes was against the lore. So, if we're having this again, it must mean that 6 bikes is spamming.
>>
>>52714994
It depends. Can you be any more specific with your question? If your question is can I field a really broken army with little to no counterplay that I can smash local tournaments with, this answer is yes, Tau can do that with the right lists
>>
>>52714994
Eldar and demons are better.
>>
>>52714981
>totally not him btw
Ok

>Yet you can present any evidence that DG didn't use bikes.
I think the better question here is, can you present evidence that DG did use bikes?

You easily could with most if not all other legions, but good luck with DG.

>what would be your acceptable amount of DG bikes? 3 per 1,000 points? Per 2,000pts.? When is your arbitrary criteria satisfied?
Why not you just stop being a massive nigger, not field Nurgle bikers at all, or at least come up with a more reasonable argument like >>52714858? That's a pretty good way to fulfill my criteria.

>>52715001
Ah yes, because two similar arguments totally means that they're focused on the exact same topic.
>>
DG used bikes even during the Istvaan III Atrocity so please get over this whole "DG don't use bikes" argument where you can't even cite yourself.
>>
>Gorgutz knew that was true, in a sense. As he looked out over the mobs, sullenly collecting themselves amidst the burned-out manufactorums and hab ruins of Black Valley, he recalled previous scraps. Lorn V. Kronus. Kaurava II. Each time, heā€™d been forced to abandon a fledging waaagh! Yet he had survived. More than that. For an ork, strength and prestige werenā€™t found in victory. They came simply from fighting. And Gorgutz had fought. Heā€™d slaughtered the fish ā€™eads, heā€™d butchered humans, pointy-ears and the scrap-skeletons on Kronus, and heā€™d left Kaurava II a burning, ravaged wasteland. His mob had grown, shrunk and grown again, but always his ambition had remained the sameā€“ fight, fight and fight some more. It was what greenskins did best. It was what the likes of Gitstompa had forgotten, in his flashy urge to acquire loot. That was why Gitstompa was dead and Gorgutz lived. That was why true orks could never be defeated.

"For an ork, strength and prestige werenā€™t found in victory. They came simply from fighting". This is what GW is trying to teach Ork players?

>fish ā€™eads

Da fuck is a fish head?
>>
>>52715024
Tau.
>>
File: 1436496224932.jpg (195KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1436496224932.jpg
195KB, 1000x666px
>>52715024
>>
>>52715024
Nah, GW is just training Ork players wrong as a joke
>>
>>52715034
But they don't look like fish though.

And why do Orks call Eldar pointy ears? Orks have pointy ears too
>>
>>52715008
Pretty much. I want something that is consistently good (doesn't have to be top tier, just strong), that doesn't require me to vastly change my lists by buying new units every edition. If I buy certain units and spend my time painting them I want them to actually do some work, instead of collecting dust on a shelf until the next codex or edition buffs them after being nerfed.

>>52715012
Don't Eldar have very specialized units? I know Bikes and Wraithknights are the way to go currently but 8th edition Eldar might be all about Aspect Warriors or something. I would need to buy lots of new models and paint them. While I do look forward to some painting, I have other hobbies and I'd like to just show up to my weekly meet ups and play some games. I'm not that interested in having a extremely well painted army, I just want my army to look "good" and that's it.
>>
File: death guard bikes2.jpg (46KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
death guard bikes2.jpg
46KB, 600x465px
>>52715016
>can you present evidence that DG did use bikes

Sure, they're available as an option, their fluff says Mortarion placed little emphasis on them (not "no emphasis") and pic related.

Now kindly fuck off with your weak arguments founded on nothing.
>>
>>52715110
Watch, he'll fall back to his argument about the biker warlord, cause the emperor himself knows billy badass DG never hopped on a bike before
>>
>>52713830
>1kSons are so shit guys
>Wait what are their rules? Please explain their rules guys
Never Change
>>
>>52715110
>Sure, they're available as an option
This is how I know you're either dyslexic, have ADHD or haven't paid attention to a single word I've said.

>their fluff says Mortarion placed little emphasis on them (not "no emphasis")
So if someone says Unicorns may or may not exist does that mean that Unicrons are real now?

Reverse image search for your image says that it's artwork from a cardgame, that was published by an obscure subsidiary of GW, more specifically, the same subsidiary that owns this subsidiary owns Black Library.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/207008.page?userfilterid=594
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sabertooth_Games

I guess that means everyone's favorite multilaser spam is rock solid canon now?
>>
>Imperial dudes don't know who Slaanesh is and what his relationship with the Eldar
>They don't know what purpose the soulstones serve

And you guys mocked the Tau for not knowing Slaanesh. You guys are hypocrites.
>>
>>52715148
see >>52715021
Please shut the fuck up, you're making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>52715130
Nope, unicorns and multilaser marines.
>>
>>52715142
>being unaware of one (1) rule that rarely if ever has any relevance ingame means that you are completely unaware of all their points costs, equipment, and special rules
Nice logic.
>>
>>52715148
if they said someone "placed little emphasis" on unicorns it would sound like there was a suggestion of the existence of unicorn.
since they brought it up at all. that wording does seem to imply existence.
honestly this guy doesn't seem likely to stop using the bikes so i don't think this argument is going to have a real resolution either way
>>
>>52715148
How did anyone take you seriously is beyond me... But hey, now I don't feel so bad. Shine on you crazy almond.
>>
File: Tau - 2450pts.jpg (354KB, 1800x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 2450pts.jpg
354KB, 1800x1629px
>>52715099
Boy, have I got the list for you
>>
>>52715161
[citation required]

>>52715174
I'm just shitting on him because I find his autistic reaction to a single comment hilarious. He uses all sorts of mental gymnastics (hurr durr they're nurgle bikers not death guard bikers), relies on obscure and highly questionable art as proof of canon, then goes on to use uncited information as proof, when he's criticizing me of using unsourced info?

I honestly don't care at all whether or not he fields his shitty WAAC army, I just find him hilarious.

>>52715183
Excellent retort.
>>
>>52715193
Pray tell, what army do you play?
To dare call DG a WAAC army?
>>
>>52715217
I'm not calling DG WAAC, I'm calling your army list WAAC.

But hey, you've not exactly proven yourself to be of the highest intellect so I'm not going to shit on you for having awful reading comprehension and/or thinking skills.
>>
>>52715148
How are you still so obsessed with his bikes when he has a knight and almost no marines in THE footslogging marinehorde army?
As a DG player i see literally no problem with the bikes because they're a forced fast attack slot for the warband anyway (and the plague colony, the other core formation, is quite bad and has no variety, just "spam plague marines")
There's so much else with his army that is unfluffy for DG, yet you're autistically obsessing over some bikes that he needs to take anyway (and if not, raptors/warp talons, both just as "unfluffy").
Also, DG has never been completely unable to take fast shit. Even back in the day you just got less FA-slots, not zero. But there's no good reason to run min-size rhino-squads, especially as DG are like the only way to effectively field large footslogging squads anyway.
>>
>>52715229
>How are you still so obsessed with his bikes when he has a knight and almost no marines in THE footslogging marinehorde army?
There's a difference between obsession and pointing out that a single thing is unfluffy only to get the most kekworthy autistic screeching as a response.

I'm not doing this because I care at all about some stupid fucking bikes, I'm doing this because clearly it's a touchy topic for him and I want to know which traumatic childhood event relating to motorcycles caused him to have such a complex regarding a simple topic that could have been answered easily.
>>
>>52715227

WAAC gets thrown around every day on tg like net lists, unit reviews, batreps, and tactica pages don't exist.

Why would anyone ever want to win in a game right?
>>
>>52715227
>competitive=WAAC
To someone who is horrible at the game with a guaranteed horrible faction and horrible list such as yourself anything is WAAC. Just go jerk off into your crusty BL collection. Oh wait, you don't even have an understanding of fluff. Why are you even here?
>>
I love how people bitch about nurgle bikers in any given list, but nobody gives a shit about the obligatory spawn tax. Yeah, it sure is fluffy and reasonable to have a singular spawn dick around the battlefield by itself either running in and dying or sitting in cover doing nothing all game. People just don't want Chaos to field strong things, it's honestly that simple
>>
>>52715250
Because he's breaking fluff to field a unit that takes advantages of multiple rules to cheat a toughness stat that it shouldn't have.

Wanting to win games ā‰  WAAC
Breaking fluff just to win games = WAAC

>>52715251
See above.
I was just criticizing Black Library a few posts ago you retard. But clearly you can't read.

>>52715252
Because criticizing someone for fielding a shitty unit isn't as funny as criticizing them for fielding a clear unfluffy WAAC unit.
>>
>>52715193
>relies on obscure and highly questionable art as proof of canon

I'm not the same dude, no matter how much you claim I am. And you do realize that same piece of art was used in Collected Visions, right? But you don't care, because multi-lasers.

>goes on to use uncited information as proof

Index Astartes: Death Guard
Legiones Astartes Army of Darkness Army List, pg. 41
Chaos Space Marines Supplement - Traitor Legions, pg. 20
>>
>>52715252
Spawn are amazing my dude. I see the spawn "tax" as a bonus, I don't need to choose between some other good thing in that slot as I might need in the warband slots.
>>
>>52715245
>post list
>WAHHHH BIKES YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THOSE
>But you're wrong, the fact that people make this argument every time with no ground doesn't make sense
Do people with aspergers somehow flip around arguments?
>>
New Death Guard models when?
>>
>>52715252
No, anon, it's about ethics in wargaming.
>>
>>52715285
go away you dont know how to play and you have no clue what youre talking about
>>
>>52715322
>it's about ethics

tell that to the tau riptide spammer or someone playing a normal eldar army
>>
>>52715318
Never. It was all an joke. Did you not see the troll face on that one model? I bet they played Never Gonna Give You Up during the entire presentation.
>>
>>52715293
If you clicked on the link at all that I cited as proof of the publishing company of the image you'd see why it was used in Collected Visions
>Sabertooth had a rights-sharing agreement with GW, which is why they recycled some images.

>Chaos Space Marines Supplement - Traitor Legions, pg. 20
Ahahahah what? Literally nothing here mentions Istvaan III.

>>52715308
>>>52714072 = WAHHHH BIKES YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THOSE
Really makes me think.

>>52715330
k
>>
>>52715334
All lists are unethical, but some lists are more unethical than others.
>>
>>52715338
By that logic we can dismiss just about all Codex art, because they were made by contractors for GW. No matter GW owns the rights and uses them, because it wasn't made by GW proper, it doesn't count.

>Literally nothing here mentions Istvaan III.

I never said anything about Istvaan III.
>>
File: Blood_1efa49_6133339.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_1efa49_6133339.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>52709132
Why the fuck other chapters are allowing Blood Ravens to steal their shit?
>>
>>52715338
>>bitching about MoN bikers
>They've been around for a while, of all the things to complain about in 40k you choose something because of nonsensical fluff reasoning?

>>nonsensical fluff reasoning
>Oh look, it's this WAAC fag again.

>Please get a tripcode so that I can filter you easily.

This is the cancer that is killing 40k. It's not the Tau or Eldar players because for the most part they diminish given what edition you play
It's the fluffers that don't even know the fluff they persecute others for
>>
>>52715370
Why are you using art as a valid source anyways? That's the real question here

Also if you didn't notice, the "uncited information" was referring to that tard talking about Istvaan III. You know, the retard I responded to in the paragraph directly above the post saying uncited information.

>>52715393
For some reason the post I pulled doesn't equate to "WAHHHH BIKES YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THOSE". Could it possibly be that your extreme hyperbole has been proven false and you are now therefore resorting to deflecting the argument and goalpost moving?
>>
>>52715421
My god you're the biggest faggot. You still haven't even told me what army you pretend to play.
>>
>>52715370
>>52715421
Also, just for fun, but notice how the bikers' shoulder pauldrons are unpainted. Which means they aren't just pre-heresy, they're pre-Mortarion. Which completely invalidates that argument.

>>52715450
Because it's not relevant to the conversation.
>>
>>52715421
>Why are you using art as a valid source anyways?

So now art is off the table? What else?

>if you didn't notice, the "uncited information" was referring to that tard talking about Istvaan III.

Actually, to quote your own post: "He uses all sorts of mental gymnastics, relies on obscure and highly questionable art as proof of canon, then goes on to use uncited information as proof, when he's criticizing me of using unsourced info?"

You're attributing all this to a single person, which is not the case since I was the one who posted the art, but do not own the list nor did say anything about Isstvan III. Thus I cannot talk on behalf of them, but can cite my sources.

Maybe you should be more clear next time? I can't read minds, only what you post.
>>
>>52714226

Witchfire still works on units in the bubble, just not on the sisters.
>>
>>52715457
It is relevant because you're refusing to tell me for a reason. It's because you play the worst faction in 40k and you don't even understand how to play it. You call people 40k buzzwords when you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>52709155
>What would be a fun list to build that would have IG as a detachment along with my Tau?
Include commissars and model them using spare blueberry heads.
>>
>>52715475
Just art really. Also see >>52715457.

>i can't use basic logic to discern what this person is referring to even though the subject in question that he is referring to is in the exact same post and uses the exact same vocabulary
Sounds to me like you just aren't very good with reading comprehension.

>>52715488
What's the worst faction in 40k again? I didn't know there was such a thing.

I mean, I have a bunch of Orks from the Black Reach boxset, does that mean I play Orks now? If so, ok.
>>
>>52715499
>owns starter set orks
>has never played a game
Never call someone out on their lists ever again. Fool.
>>
>>52715534
>has never played a game
I've played plenty of games in my time but ok.

Unless you mean I've never played with the Orks, in that case, yeah, I haven't.
>>
NEED
TO
BULLY
NID
AND
ORK
PLAYERS
HARD
>>
File: 1480439850663.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
1480439850663.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>>52715554
Don't we have it bad enough already?
>>
>>52715499
>Sounds to me like you just aren't very good with reading comprehension.

No, you just don't want to responsible for anything you say and expect everyone else to take the blame.

0/10, come back when you've actually played the game.
>>
>>52715587
The fact that you didn't read >>52715550 basically proves me right.

As does
>don't want to responsible for anything
>>
>>52715587
I should really drop the proper grammar so he stops thinking we're the same person.
>>52715579
>>52715554
I'd never bully or make fun of someone for the army they play. Play what you want. I believe orks should be put on the back burner until next edition given your local meta however. Ork purists have it too rough.
>>
>>52715620
I don't think you're the same person, I'm only referring to you as the same person for simplicity of argumentation.
>>
>>52715630
Well stop arguing please it's silly given the information provided
>>
>>52715655
It's not considering I've countered and/or invalidated most of your points, and you have yet to respond to my latest ones.
>>
>>52715668
I read about Death Guard patrolling Istvaan III on bikes after bombings, from a 40k wiki.
Mortarion being there or not has no effect on whether or not the marines under his command ride bikes. Just as nurgle wouldn't cast them aside, Morty would not. They're a tactical boon.
What points are you even trying to make anymore? You've proven that you have a shaky understanding of the game if any at all.
>>
OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP!
THINK ABOUT THIS FROM A LOGICAL STANDPOINT. THE DEATH GUARD LEGION NUMBERS ALMOST ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND LEGIONARIES IIRC. IT IS ENTIRELY PLAUSABLE THAT WITHIN THE ONE. HUNDRED. THOUSAND. FUCKING MARINES THAT SOME HAVE PROGRESSED PAST GODDAMN FUCKING TRAINING WHEELS AND CAN RIDE A FUCKING BIKE. THATS LIKE SAYING THE US ARMY DOESN'T HAVE BIKES YOU SHIT EATING CUNT DICK! ON TOP OF THAT NUMEROUS ANONS HAVE POSTED PROOF OF AT LEAST 3 SEPARATE ACCOUNTS OF DG RIDING MOTHERFUCKING BIKES.
>>
>>52715717
>from a 40k wiki
So not only are you dumb, you skipped the part in high school/college where your teachers told you that wikis aren't a valid source of information

>Mortarion being there or not has no effect on whether or not the marines under his command ride bikes
Except that he's the one who told them to fuck off with specialized units and use the bolter/knife/boltpistol system instead? You really do know absolutely nothing about even the most basic lore.

>shaky understanding of the game
I've barely talked about the actual ingame rules at all but whatever suits you I guess.
>>
>>52715736
>NUMEROUS ANONS HAVE POSTED PROOF OF AT LEAST 3 SEPARATE ACCOUNTS OF DG RIDING MOTHERFUCKING BIKES.
Only one did, and it was invalidated because the shoulder pauldron color showed that the marines were pre-Mortarion.

Also something about autistic screeching.
>>
Bikes overall were a mistake. A dumb concept, dumb looking models, and a +1 T rule that makes no sense and is abused by compfags. Disgusting.
>>
>>52715744
I know that wiki aren't the best sources of information but given I don't have ancient scripture to draw from it's what I have.
>told them to fuck off
He's a fucking daemon primarch of a chaos legion that are fewer in number than his loyalist counterparts. Cite me information where he throws a stick in a bikers' spokes and tells him to fuck off back home.
>barely talked about actual ingame rules
Except when you called DG players that have a bike squad WAAC fags that should be filtered when you have more than likely unpainted orks from a starter set that have never seen a game. Of all the unfluffy units in the 40k universe, nurgle bikes alongside a DG army? Really?
>>
>>52715110
>>52715764
This image is considered canon, as is much of the Horus Heresy CG art, by LG himself. On top of that I distinctly remember when that anon posted a cutout of one of the FW HH books where it was said that DG trained all of their troops in all disciplines, including bikes.
>>52715744
As somebody who did research standards in high school, Wikipedia was considered a valid source for any article we did, and that whole 'hurt durr wikipedia is false comes from year nine (freshman?) Teachers who have no idea what they're doing.
>>
File: 40k aircraft.jpg (126KB, 525x771px) Image search: [Google]
40k aircraft.jpg
126KB, 525x771px
So, I'm about to go to my "local" GW store for the first time. What to expect? I've never been there, because my LGS is about 20km closer and has lower prices. But they have some kind of easter event, so I want to give it a look. Apparently, it's a bigger store in a shopping street.
Will they have all the paints? Will they have a lot of models in stock? Just curious, because I'll head to my LGS first to look for some modelling supplies, and by the time I could come back from the GW they'll probably close for the day.
>>
>>52715801
>He's a fucking daemon primarch of a chaos legion that are fewer in number than his loyalist counterparts. Cite me information where he throws a stick in a bikers' spokes and tells him to fuck off back home.
Traitor Legions supplement, page 20. The part on him telling them to drop specialized equipment in favor of jack-of-all-trades at the end of the page.

I'm saying that the one person who spergs out everytime his bikes get called WAAC should be filtered. If he just said it was filler units for the Fast Attack slot it would have ended with no shitstorm. But look at the thread history, and come back to me.

Why does it matter that I have unpainted Orks from a starter set that have never seen a game when I don't even play Orks?

And the argument with that Nurgle bikes bullshit was that those weren't just random Nurgle worshipping bikers, because they were fielded under an explicit Death Guard detachment with a Chaos Lord on a bike himself. I suggest you read the thread history before making stupid arguments.

>>52715818
It's canon, just not relevant.

None of that even occured in this thread so why are you bringing it up?

I'm guessing you're american and went to public school? lmao

Using sources cited on wikipedia, is probably what you meant. That's totally valid. Just dumping a wikipedia page however is bullshit.
>>
>>52715818
Where did you go to school? Even at Uni Wikipedia is never considered valid
>>
Will 8th edition be out soon? If so will it come with a new starter set?
>>
File: download (4).jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
8KB, 222x227px
>>52715821
As far as my experience goes:
Staff are decent enough, though they may try and pressure you to buy stuff. Most customers are cool and you might get a game in (the staff will probably teach you how to play anyway.) The only cons I've ever had are customers with poor hygiene/manners. Wish you luck bro. They should have all the paints and most of the plastic models in stock.

>>52715874
>>52715862
Kiwi school. Plus he said high school, not Uni, so yeah.
Do you understand what Jack of all trades means? It means they know how to use bikes, as well as everything else.

I have no idea what side/views people are taking, so can we list them?
I think that DG don't over specialize, and that although they don't have dedicated bike units they definitely have the ability to use them.

>>52715880
I think the purported release date is mid year, and yes there should be a starter kit.
>>
How often are the Thousand Sons and the Death Guard at each other's throats? I feel like the Tzeentch/Nurgle rivalry isn't nearly as touched on as the Khorne/Slaanesh one and I want to know more
>>
>8th edition will remove all the groggies and they all fuck off to warmashit

can't wait
>>
>>52715862
You're an old cunt that needs to fuck off
Good lord, I never once lashed out at you or anyone until you called me a WAAC fag without even understanding what WAAC means. I asked you what army you play and you told me "I have black reach orks, if that's counts as playing"
I'm not even bothering to look at the source material because your argument is garbage. Mortarion nor any primarch ever would turn their nose up at one of the linchpins of every single legion, no matter the time frame. It's one thing telling me that it's not fluffy to have bike squads with Mortarion in the same army, but one under the command of a daemon prince? A generic chaos lord? Just because you can decipher your own telling from scripture that isn't specific whatsoever does not make you right. It makes you no better than a Christian.
>>
>>52715874
>>52715862
Wikipedia is considered valid in a low stakes area like high school, just not at higher levels such as University. Fortunately a game where you play with small toy soldiers is about as low stakes as you can get, so it should be considered valid for this argument.
>>
>>52715940
Watch it make bikes, FnP, and GMC even better
>>
File: 1487722435163.jpg (135KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1487722435163.jpg
135KB, 512x411px
So the REAL bad guy of Dawn of War 3 was revealed. I am utterly and totally DISAPPOINTED. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>52715950
Who the fuck is it?

Necrons?
>>
>>52715962

Harmless the Armless?
>>
>>52715943
>no better than a Christian
All right bro, you can fuck off right now. That's just an arsehole thing to do, baging on someone's religion in a completely unrelated argument. In my opinion, however little it's worth here, you seem the typical WAAC player from tour personality.
>>
>>52715950
Answer godsdammit
>>
So if I'm reading this correctly, Techpriests are only invalid as an HQ unit in Astra Militarum, but not in Cult Mechanicus or as an Enginseer Congregation?

On a level of 1-10, how goddamn terrifying is a full Grand Convocation?
>>
>want to get into wh40k
>everyone keeps telling me to wait until the end of summer to buy a codex

Struggle
>>
>>52715962
Chaos

The whole plot was a rehash of the first game plot. A big ass Khornate daemon that tricked everyone into fighting and dying in order to feed it and give it enough power to escape its prison planet

The trailer where the corpses fall from the sky is just a Warp metaphor of the daemon feeding on the death and carnage
>>
>>52715979
>implying Christians haven't played whisper down the lane for thousands of years
Really didn't want to start another flame war. It was the metaphor I drew at the time.
>>
>>52715995
What armies catch your eye?
>>
>>52715999
Wew.
>>
>>52715999
Are you fucking serious

Not fucking Slaanesh for tricking Eldar assholes with the Spear of Khaine?

FUCKING KHORNE AGAIN?
>>
>>52716004
DKOK, Skitarii, Tau, Sororitas and even vanilla Spess Muhreen
>>
Would using this guy and two converted Squat-bots as a Kastellan robot unit be fluffy?
>>
>>52715943
This entire post is a mess of attempted victimization, table turning, and complete disregard for a single post I've written.

>I never once lashed out at you or anyone until you called me a WAAC fag without even understanding what WAAC means

I called you a WAAC fag after you tried to justify fielding a unit that made litle to no sense in fluff and tried to call it the "best DG army list". You lashed out way before that too, when all I did was point out the MoN bikers.

> I asked you what army you play and you told me "I have black reach orks, if that's counts as playing"
Because you attempted to force the idea that I played Orks (I don't) and kept pestering me for my army, so I responded with plausible deniability; I'm not going to tell you what I play because it's not relevant, but it certainly isn't Orks.

>I'm not even bothering to look at the source material because your argument is garbage
So you're admitting you don't care about the fluff then?

>Mortarion nor any primarch ever would turn their nose up at one of the linchpins of every single legion, no matter the time frame. It's one thing telling me that it's not fluffy to have bike squads with Mortarion in the same army, but one under the command of a daemon prince? A generic chaos lord?
The point is that it was rare and highly unlikely for DG to field or even be trained in bikes. I don't know how you managed to miss that completely.

Bonus points for being an edgy atheist fedoralord.
>>
>>52715944
>tfw wikipedia didn't even exist when you were in high school

No, we had to read books to find our info.
>>
File: image.jpg (657KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
657KB, 1000x1000px
>>52716026

Fucking image.
>>
>>52716018
Sheesh use spoilers man

Implying a relic of the Bloody Handed God wouldn't be used as a lure by the BLOOD GOD. You dumb.
>>
File: Duncan no longer believes in you.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Duncan no longer believes in you.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>52715999
>Khorne again
>It's not even Angron making the best rave party that has ever taken place in the galaxy
>Pretty much same lore as the very first game

mfw
>>
>>52715605
>my own statements prove me right
>not taking responsibility for what others say is avoiding all responsibility

If you read this post, that proves ME right.

Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.

Check, m8.
>>
>>52716041

>Spoilers
>For the paper thin plot of an RTS

Oh no I really wanna experience the DEEP LORE as it's masterfully conveyed through demands for pylons.
>>
>>52716000
>casually bagging on 31% of the worlds population
Literally every bodies played the interpretation game, and the way you made the metaphor wasn't a casual reference it was a deliberately cunt thing to do.

>>52716031
>probably plays Eldar
Well I think DG should be able to have bikes, I see what you mean about this cunt being a WAAC player to the max.

>>52716032
I'm underage b&
>>
>>52715999

Tzeentch confirmed for really behind it.
>>
>>52716041
Dude, Slaanesh killed Khaine and splittered his ass into millions of shards.
>>
>>52716054
Ok

>>52716076
I don't play Weeb Elves either and unlike Orks I've never even touched a Weeb Elves model.

>I'm underage b&
Well that was an easy way to end the argument.
>>
>>52716083
Slaanesh AND Khorne fought over Khaine and splintered him.
>>
>>52716083

No it was more like Slaanesh and Khorne both picked Khaine up like two little girls squabbling over a doll and kept tugging until his arms came off.
>>
>>52716083
*spilled a million shards into his ass

>>52716090
I wasn't implying anything you mong. Why are you both such autists? Just agree to disagree or something.
>>
Okay so Nurgle wanted Isha and Khorne wanted Khaine...

Why didn't Tzeentch want Morai-Heg?
>>
>>52716091
>>52716095
Only in Thorpe's "2e is totes canon, you guys" mind.
>>
>>52716031
Except I didn't. Quote me verbatum where I freaked out on someone prior to you sperging about fluff that isn't even completely deciphered. It's instead deciphered by you, much as the holy scripture has be deciphered again, and again, and again, and again. You refused to tell me what you play because you play NOTHING. You more than likely played a long time ago in an edition far, far away if at all. The last time you actually purchased models was when Black Reach released. I wouldn't be surprised if you have green bases. I do care about fluff to a point. I won't become you when it comes to fluff. I won't become a cunt. As it's been pointed out, Legions know how to do everything. Some focus more on a specific art of war. They don't forget any, because that's just fucking dumb. It's nonsensical. You're being nonsensical. You're being a contrarian because you think you're superior to people when you're not. Like a cunt.
>>
Man, carnac lost his mind.
>>
>>52716127
Guy Haley's and Thorpes newish novels mention it.
>>
>>52716143
>implying they're not the same person

If only GW listened to Gav's ramblings and put it into the codex.
>>
>>52716111
???

>>52716131
See >>52714232, whiny underage.

>prior to you sperging about fluff that isn't even completely deciphered
It's funny because you're the one having an autistic fit right now and I haven't once relied on any ad hominem of any sort to prove you wrong.

>You refused to tell me what you play because you play NOTHING. You more than likely played a long time ago in an edition far, far away if at all. The last time you actually purchased models was when Black Reach released.
I mean, I just placed an order for some units a few days ago on GW's website. It's currently in Germany for some reason. But yeah, whatever you say I guess.

>I wouldn't be surprised if you have green bases. I do care about fluff to a point. I won't become you when it comes to fluff. I won't become a cunt. As it's been pointed out, Legions know how to do everything. Some focus more on a specific art of war. They don't forget any, because that's just fucking dumb. It's nonsensical. You're being nonsensical. You're being a contrarian because you think you're superior to people when you're not. Like a cunt.
Holy mother of balls autism.
>>
>>52716131
>>52716186
Also I find the thing on Black Reach hilarious because that was actually those were actually the first models I ever purchased. So yeah, you are so hilariously wrong that I'm just gonna sit back and let everyone else enjoy the show.
>>
File: 1491052646975.png (265KB, 375x387px) Image search: [Google]
1491052646975.png
265KB, 375x387px
>people are still sperging out about nurgle bikes
So, a Dominus Maniple with laser/stubber/stubber on the Onager and an omnispex on the Rangers is 355 points.

Which is a better accompaniment for 500 points:
>add a min strength Skitarii Maniple of two 5-man Vanguards; give the Rangers two arc rifles and the Dominus a conversion field
>add a min strength Skitarii Maniple of two 5-man Vanguards; give the Onager a cognis manipulator and one of the Vanguards an omnispex
>add a min strength unit of Ironstrider Cavaliers (two Dragoons and a Balistarii) with no additional wargear
>>
>>52716186
Ffs bro I'm the under aged one not him
And I was saying you acted like I stabbed you because I said you probably played Eldar.
>>
File: IMG_1096.png (6KB, 531x74px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.png
6KB, 531x74px
>>52716234
Mind you, I actually can't stand Eldar. Shitty aesthetic, garbage playstyle, generally doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
OH MY GOD. THERE IS MORE.

In the epilogue.....

The creators of world and the labyrinth of smooth blackstone that imprisoned the daemon watched their works be destroyed and their prisoner's escape. These beings are described as eternal and deathless, and they viewed the lesser species ruining their designs and works with cold fury. They will have their revenge..

What the fuck? Who are these guys?
>>
>>52716262
Old Ones? Necrons?
>>
>>52716186
You're bouncing my text back at me. If you're going to bother replying try to include more black text than green. You're obviously just bored and are special. My only problem with people in this hobby are those that powergame, which I don't as I was only posting a list and those that don't play the game but have too many opinions on things they don't understand. You really should look back on what you say to people. Take a long, hard look and see mine and others' amazement and bewilderment of how much of a faggot you are.
>>
>>52716249
Wow
Very scary
You play space mari es.

>>52716262
Mechanism duh
>>
>>52716262
Dark Eldar confirmed for expansion pack. Get hype!
>>
>>52716269
>black text
>using the default theme
>not Tomorrow
leliel

>My only problem with people in this hobby are those that powergame, which I don't
Said every WAAC fag ever

>those that don't play the game but have too many opinions on things they don't understand
Thank god I do then, I guess.

Followed by more autism. Nice.

>>52716272
Oh spooky what a taboo

Well technically I do play a spess muhrines variant but whatever, half marks. Still better than the retard who thinks I play Orks.
>>
>>52716268
Old Ones are dead.
Why would the Necrons construct a prison planet for a daemon?

No, it has to be Tyranids
>>
>>52716308
>Old Ones are dead.
Rawbutt Girlyman was dea- in stasis last time I checked but look at where we are now.
>>
>>52716268
Very Necron
>>
>>52716322
Well I mean I just picked out the oldest races I could think of, barring Eldar since last time I checked Eldar was a playable faction in DoW
>>
>>52716262
hurr necrons
>>
>>52716334
What other active race in the galaxy would see the Eldar as a lesser race?

It's the Tau, isn't it?
>>
>>52716334

Eldar are only 65 million years old. They're slightly too young to be in the elder race club.
>>
>>52716334
>deathless
>lesser species
>cold

A quick skimming of the Necron codex will tell you that these phrases are pretty indicative of our lovable metal Xenos.
>>
>>52716303
>first models I bought were Black Reach
>I bought a few units from the good ol' GeeDubya website where all my fellow gamers get their plastic miniatures
You're so new it actually hurts. And before you project your autism toward me, don't. I'm not the one that caused the humongous stink about fluff. I don't think it's worth the effort because I'm a normal human being. I've just been trying to delve into the mind of the specially challenged. Just as 85% of people in this thread will agree, Death Guard with Nurgle bikers is fluffy. It's fluffy not only because it actually happens, but because it's freaking chaos. But deny it so people will call you an idiot if you want.
>>
>>52716367
>deathless
>cold
I missed that entirely, so looks like it definitely is the Spess Kangz n shiet

>>52716373
First you tried to call me an oldfag, now you're calling me a newfag? Could you choose one?

And more autism. Nice.
>>
>>52716390
Thanks for ending this charade. Next time don't be a cunt.
>>
>>52716417
And more autism. Nice.
>>
>>52716417
>>52716390
You're both cunts. How about you shut your fucking mouths and leavr
>>
>>52716433
I'm here to extract as much bait as possible from our mentally challenged friend here. Once that's done I will immediately resume discussion of the thread topic.
>>
>>52716451
I have no idea which one you are, but he's playing you too.
>>
Christ EU time is awful in /40kg/
>>
>>52716477
I'm the one shitting on the DG bikers. And my intention here is to bait the baiter into posting bait for my entertainment and enjoyment.
>>
>>52716488
Why are you shitting on DG bikers?
>>
>>52716496
Because they take advantage of multiple toughness modifiers to create an unfluffy but competitive unit that's boring and WAAC tier.
>>
>>52716262
Those are Old Ones or C'tan
>>
>>52716518
He's right though, it's both fluffy, not overpowered and definitely not WAAC
Have you see Daemons? Tau? Eldar? It doesnt sound like you have
>>
>>52716539
>it's fluffy
Not according to Mortarion it ain't
>not overpowered
It's not overpowered, it's just cheaty
>definitely not WAAC
>faggot A pooped in his mouth so it's ok for me to poop in my mouth too
ok
>>
>>52716556
wow you really dont know what youre talking about. are you trolling from /pol/?
>>
>>52716594
>everyone I don't like is trolling and/or /pol/
And this is how I know I'm talking to the same retard pretending to be a third party.
>>
>>52716604
Get yourself checked out. Seriously.
>>52716594
Just move on or start a new thread. Please.
>>
Should I start playing the game now or wait for 8th Edition? I don't want to buy my codex and book just for it to become obsolete in the near future.
>>
>>52716635
And more autism. Nice.
>>
>>52716639
play using the pdfs maybe, the you wont have to buy anything. unless you're going to play at a store i guesss
>>
>>52716639
Get few basic units that you really like for whatever personal reason and don't get the books right now. There is like 90% chance of them becoming obsolete this summer.
>>
>>52716843
Oh right, I was going to start playing with Tau by buying 2 "Start Collecting" boxes. I get a total of 2 Ethereals, 20 Fire Warriors, 6 Crisis Suits and some drones for a bargain. I think I'll be fine with those units?
>>
>>52716880
Get a riptide.
>>
>>52716880
Well apart from 2nd ethereal I'm pretty sure that those units will stay as a core units for tau.
>>
BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT

DEATH GUARD CAN RIDE BIKES,
MORTARIONL SAYS THEY CAN,
THIS IS A HAIKU
>>
File: 1492260240480.jpg (785KB, 2760x1592px) Image search: [Google]
1492260240480.jpg
785KB, 2760x1592px
I'll post this here.

Im planning on starting a Death Korps of Krieg army. Should I play them as normal IG? I was thinking of having a few Basilisks while the rest of the Infantry holding positions.
Now here's the thing: Is IG viable? I mean, im not playing only to win, but i'd really like not to be the guy with the army who always gets wrecked in every game by Necron/Tau/Eldar/Anything. I want to have a chance.
>>
>>52716923
>BEEP BOOP I AM A ROBOT
Return to reddit
>>
>>52716880

That seems like a good starting army. Plan on how you will equip your suits to combat things the fire warriors cannot.
Though you might find yourself using one of the crisis suits as a commander instead of using something as fragile as an Etheral.
>>
>>52716943
Wet growl
>>
File: crisis magnets.jpg (3MB, 4080x3060px) Image search: [Google]
crisis magnets.jpg
3MB, 4080x3060px
>>52716947
>>52716880
Get magnets and magnetise the weapons and suits. This way you can change the loadouts between games.
>>
>>52714794
I was already planning on making a squat army using the Imperial Militias list and Mantic minis. Seeing them show up in AoS might, JUST MIGHT, convince me to collect a small force, because I love these dumb stunties so much.
>>
How do I git gud at painting like duncan?
>>
>>52717048
Nuln oil
>>
>>52716931
Taskete..
>>
File: Tau - 1000pts.jpg (279KB, 1800x883px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1000pts.jpg
279KB, 1800x883px
>>52716914
>>52716921
>>52716947
>>52716979
How does this look? It seems like a good core.
>>
new bread when
>>
>>52715476
Which is why standard SoS are fine. However, their shitty formation makes it exceedingly difficult to get in range of enemy units without running into their aura, while also denying me a good chunk of the board.

Plus their fucking Rhinos. Majority of TSons anti-vehicle power comes from spells. Outside of them you have to either take Predator/LR/Vindicator for auxiliary, or you have to try and do something to them with one-use Lord of the Silver Tower and AP3 termy weapons.
>>
>>52717079
You have 3 hard points on your crisis suits, so you have illegal suit on both of your teams (2xGun+dronecontrol+target lock). Drop the extra target locks and it's a solid list. I'd probably take advanced targeting systems on plasma suits or even just plasma rifles and no 3rd system. With those floating points I'd take support turrets for strike team(s).
>>
>>52717175
Oh, so I take target lock off of the two suits with drone controller? I can only take 3 upgrades?
>>
>>52717210
Aye, your three hardpoints are shared between weapons systems and support systems. Only Shas'Os get four hardpoint options as the XV8-5 is a bulkier command suit. Two guns, either twin-linked or not, take up two hardpoints.
>>
>>52717210
Yeah, drop the extra target locks. The ammount of weapons and/or support systems one can take is written on the units datasheet. Normal crisis suits can take up to 3 guns and/or support systems.
>>
>>52717240
>>52717265
Thanks, I'll get the box and work on these. I don't have the codex so I was a little clueless as to how the upgrades work.
>>
>looking at codex
>see something odd
>zoom in
>mfw GW can't into building their own miniatures right
>>
>>52717407
i don't see it
then again i dont know what im looking for, either
>>
>>52717452
Te missile pod should be attached to the ceiling of the pod
>>
OI U GITZ Y DA ZOG AR TRUKKS SO ZOGGIN EXPENSUF? I JUST WANNA GET STUK IN AND WAGE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH WIT OUT LOOKIN LIKE SUM KIND OF KIDDY GIT WITH SUM TONKA TRUKKS INSTED OF DED 'ARD REEL TRUKKS.

SUM OFF U UMIES MITE CALL ME A FLASH GIT BUT DATS TOO BAD ZOG OFF I AIN'T NO TEEFLESS GROT.

WAT DO I WANNA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH BUT DIS IS MAKIN ME WANNA JUST KRUMP 'EADS AT HOME AND DATS NO BLOODY GUD NOW IS IT?
>>
File: 2014-03-27_19.02.06.480x480-75.jpg (68KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-27_19.02.06.480x480-75.jpg
68KB, 480x360px
>>52717407
HereĀ“s a hard one, you cant know it unless you have built several tauroxes
>>
>>52716931
wew
>>
File: 1491848499059.jpg (77KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491848499059.jpg
77KB, 750x750px
What should I give my platoon command squads? Currently I've opted for just a grenade launcher and a vox caster.
>>
>>52717534
Auto cannon and vox caster only. If you plan on having them move then just lasguns.
>>
>>52717544
Yeah I plan to have them move around and issue orders/shore up the line. Figured a grenade launcher would be a nice addition but otherwise bare.

What about the CC Squad?
>>
Spanish "Semana santa" is quite hardcore, I mean, I thought Black Templars were fiction lol
>>
File: Valhallan_ML_Launcher.jpg (44KB, 443x249px) Image search: [Google]
Valhallan_ML_Launcher.jpg
44KB, 443x249px
Is this based off of the american bazooka? All the old IG rocket launchers look like these expect for the Steel Legion ones
>>
>>52710224
I just want to point out again what an absolute shitter Cruddace is for making formations that don't even fucking use models they mandate, like how entirely worthless the Painboy is in this one.

DIAF, Crud, you unprofessional hack.
>>
>>52717569
Tbh, same thing for cc squad, but take a medic. An extra save is worth it imo.
>>
>>52717651
Crud is the new Ward
>>
>>52717689
Gonna take a regimental standard because it's cool and a vox caster, but what about carapace armour and special weapons?
>>
>>52717695
Imo model the standard but don't take it in game.

Special weapons, at most take the heavy flamer for overwatch.
>>
Is it worth starting a deathguard army or wait for the mortarian/new death guard release?
>>
>>52717898
I'd probably wait, especially with the incoming shakeup of 8th. We've no idea what's really going to happen with DG or any other army for that matter.
>>
File: kis46.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
kis46.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
Guise why is there no battlefield style game in a 40k setting

Why does this franchise only spawn casual third person hack n slash or rts

Deathwing is cool lore-wise but we need a game with all the factions
>>
>>52717895
Why only flamers? Aren't plasma and melta useful?
>>
>>52718049
Template weapons don't need to aim and therefore don't suffer from BS1 in overwatch
>>
>>52718069
I know that but wouldn't other special weapons be better suited to the CCS?
>>
>>52718146
>>52718146
>>52718146
fresh meme
>>
>>52718005
Probably because if there was a succesful video game they'd stop selling as many models
>>
File: Bazookasmithsonian.jpg (27KB, 599x380px) Image search: [Google]
Bazookasmithsonian.jpg
27KB, 599x380px
>>52717622
This is a bazooka. It's an extremely plain, narrow tube with a wooden pistol grip and a foregrip.
>>
>>52716225
the Cavaliers or option A if you're cheap.
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.