[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Don't Need Cyberware To Go Crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 48

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to FindAFixer...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52648889
>Faking_Cryptids.trid
>Fixer_Thinks_Elves_Don't_Exist_Wat_Do.thread
>Meet_Location_Daycare_Center(?).aro
>Insect_Spirits_Can't_Melt_Chicago_Steel.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 487 (17% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Guy wants me to take naked photos of Roxborough. HELP'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Straightforward_Datasteal.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever take a job to steal a dragon's dildo

What's the weirdest job you've ever gotten, anon? Stealing a baby juggernaut for a house pet? Trying to make a background count by thinking mean thoughts to protect a magic-phobic client? Digging holes in Poland for some nutjob who thinks dwarves used to live underground? Jacking the latest gold-plated DNI cables from Renraku?
>>
Crazy troll mage hired us to kill friday the 13th (the date) so he wouldn't suffer from his Bad Luck quality while performing an extended ritual.

We said yes, thinking we could bullshit him. We mostly lived to regret it, metaphysics hurts like a bitch.
>>
>>52708402
you should have found somebody named friday the 13th and killed them.

I mean, assuming you do wet work.
>>
>>52708494
of course, you probably would have had a terrible run of luck killing that person. They would have constant near fatal accidents and never die.
>>
File: G1MrXey.jpg (113KB, 830x664px) Image search: [Google]
G1MrXey.jpg
113KB, 830x664px
>What's the weirdest job you've ever gotten, anon?
We once got hired by an Arab-Sheikh looking fella to steal a specimen of an incredibly rare breed of cow for him to clone and sell expensive steaks.

Y'know that scene in The Italian Job where they drop a ramp from the back of a coach to let in the three Mini Coopers without stopping? Imagine that, but instead of a Mini it's a decidedly angry bull draped in kevlar being ridden by a street-samurai and a screaming decker.
>>
>>52708110
I think weirdest one so far has been protecting a yakuza's daughter from a mob hit while he was away on business.

Turns out the daughter was a panda that he was attached to. So we spent almost a week in game housesitting a pet.

That or the time we had to protect a church that was being used as an orphanage by a giant human nearly the size of a troll named Father Cobra, a Catholic luchador. We did a lot of ghoul killing for the Lord that day.
>>
>>52708532
>Father Cobra, a Catholic luchador
good god, is that legal? could there be a church of wrestlemania?
>>
>>52708677
all they'd have to do is register as a non-profit religious organizaion...
>>
>>52708402
How did you try to do the deed?
>>
>>52708532
>giant Catholic human

My players got to meet Sir Eli of New Canaan, a modern day Catholic knight, human, adept but augmented to 3 essence, wearing heavy mil spec with a focus 8 claymore. He's about 8 feet tall and 340 pounds.

He speaks harshly and acts harsher, and protects the innocents of the world from the dangers of Satan and evil magic. They met him when the Norse shaman player summoned a force 12 guardian spirit, and Eli came to kill it.

The players love him.
>>
>>52708110
Some terrorists had us blow up the Times Square Ball on New Years' Eve but it turned out they were more pranksters than terrorists and it was just a means to spray out a bunch of drugs and get everyone real high.
>>
>>52708821
You should also have him punish them when they do bad things.
>>
>>52708110
We had to bring an e-ghost to the person he suspected had killed him and caused his current predicament.

Except it was Eliohann and the person in question was Celedyr

We got our mind-wiped in the end.
>>
>>52708982
>We got our mind-wiped in the end.
better than getting your end wiped by your mind
>>
File: 1447645469956.jpg (70KB, 735x524px) Image search: [Google]
1447645469956.jpg
70KB, 735x524px
>>52708110
>that description

wow. so any humanoid that looks slightly monstrous/nessie-like will get me all the riches in Scotland
>>
File: FairysWearBoots.jpg (17KB, 253x504px) Image search: [Google]
FairysWearBoots.jpg
17KB, 253x504px
>>52708110
Okay, question for the runners here - I've been thinking about running a pixie character. To keep them balanced I was going to suggest them not being able to use weapons or armour (due to size), and taking the illiterate and computer illiterate background perks (they couldn't exactly go to school). My idea is that before they became a runner they just grew up in the barrens alone. (it goes without saying not using the critter version of vanishing). What do you think? Is it better or is it still cheese?
>>
>>52709274
It's still cheese. Not having armor or weapons isn't that big a deal for a pixie. Being illiterate and uneducated is also kind of expected for them. GM's are the only ones who can make pixies not broken. And the only way I've ever seen that done is a GM who used their rarity as a big game trophy and basically sent everything that ever realized of it's existence after it to try and claim a reward. This quickly turned into the team ditching the pixie because it was basically flying heat.
>>
>>52708110
The Loch Ness monster is female though.

Why would she have a penis?
>>
>>52709333
>She
>Penis
Hmmm..
>>
>>52709274
>cheese

you're not getting out of the pickle jar
>>
>>52709329
Probably be easier to just say "No, you can't be a pixie."
>>
>>52709414
Shit dude sounds kinky

>>52709329
So is the whole "there's a bounty on you" a big deal in game? I mean there's gotta be other shadowrunners with bounties on them. And was the pixie in that game really that broken? Considering you've only got one BOD I thought they might be hard made.
>>
>>52708494
>you should have found somebody named friday the 13th and killed them.
That'd be like trying to kill that one fucking dog from Fallout 2.

>glitch and miss every attack roll
>his soak always explodes like 6 times even when you do hit
>crit glitch once per combat turn and your gun gets damaged
>spending edge only decreases the number of 1s needed to glitch or crit glitch
It turns out that he's stealing all your luck
>>
>>52710660
>that one fucking dog from Fallout 2

What does the dog do?
>>
>>52709261
He didn't say it had to be monstrous-looking at all. Just start bringing in things that match the description, he'll tell you when you get it right.
>>
>>52710397
Yeah you only get one bod. But you're tiny and really fucking hard to hit. And it wasn't a bounty per say. It was more like it was common knowledge that fairy corpses were worth big money in game due to their rarity.
>>
>>52711123
It makes everyone around it catastrophically fail all combat rolls
>>
File: flax_by_simonweaner-d8fjq2p.png (747KB, 700x885px) Image search: [Google]
flax_by_simonweaner-d8fjq2p.png
747KB, 700x885px
>>52709499
It's nigh inevitable the campaign becomes Shadowrun: A Pixies Temporary Seattle Adventure if the fluff is played accurately. >>52709329 has it right on how hunted they are.

No CAPTCHA, a cast iron skillet is not a wok.
>>
>>52709499
That's what the GM said, but the player harped on playing a fairy and he was a spirit spammer.
>>
Why do grenade launchers have accuracy stats when they simply need 3 hits to not scatter?
>>
>>52711435
No clue.
>>
>>52709329
>It's still cheese.
Not him but I really don't see what's so overpowered about pixies. Unless you're a magician, but they're already strong. I kinda want to play one that uses syringes full of narcojet in combat.

>>52711317
>But you're tiny and really fucking hard to hit.
How? Attacking something small doesn't seem to give any penalties on attack rolls.
>>
>>52711435
>>52711829
Also, defense tests against motion sensor / airburst grenades?
>>
>>52711994
People don't play pixies to be non awakened.
>>
>>52712238
And if someone did?
>>
>>52712275
You'd still be a unkillable because of this insane ability:

Creatures with the Vanishing power have the ability to disappear entirely from the physical and astral planes at will, leaving no trace of their existence.

Though no one knows where creatures with the Vanishing power go when they disappear, paranaturalists and occultists speculate that they go to the metaplanes of astral space to which the fey are native to.
>>
>>52712358
You know that only kicks in when they DIE right?
>>
>>52712358
Anon, I'm sorry, you're too retarded to be on this site.

That only triggers when they die. It just removes their corpse.
>>
Pixies
Special snowflake + conealment power + flight + no real drawbacks = no tinker bell
>>
>>52711317
Ah cheers.

So has anyone seen a pixie played well then? Where maybe it wasn't catastrophic or game-breaking or whatever?
>>
>>52712358
That was errata'd. That only happens when they die.

>>52712632
There are drawbacks - no armour or weapons, can't ever get a SIN so have to live permanently off the grid, uneducated by default, etc.
>>
>>52712723
The people I've played with that have played pixies have all been autismos. So idk if I'd have the best point of reference or if that fact is telling enough.
>>
>>52711994
>>But you're tiny and really fucking hard to hit.
>How? Attacking something small doesn't seem to give any penalties on attack rolls.
No prob, their busted stat line has you covered m8:
REA 3/8
INT 2/7
And for full defense:
AGI & WIL 3/8
They're also faster than a centaur, fly, and have concealment at will.
>>
Why are pixies so suddenly very popular when almost nobody talked about them last edition, or even this edition until like last year?
>>
>>52712427
>>52712603
>>52712751
So you can't fuck the corpse when they die? Pixies have all the op powers.
>>
>>52709274
Both of those things mean you are literally retarded.

Go for it, retard.
>>
>>52711317
Fun fact, thats because there is no body left behind.
>>
>>52712751
>can't ever get a SIN so have to live permanently off the grid
That's not true.

>France is the only nation that issues permanent SINs to pixies
>NeoNET and Evo are the only megacorporations with pixie corporate citizens.
>Tír Tairngire, the United Kingdom, Tír na nÓg, and the UCAS issue criminal SINs to pixies convicted of a crime
>>
>>52712751
Uh, learn the fluff. In Europe, France and Amazonia, Pixies are welcome to get SINs at will. Corporations like Horizon and Evo are happy to have them as well.
>>
>>52712974
Woopty do. I get to live in FRANCE. That makes it all worth while.

And even if I did, there's still the whole "a whole year's salary for one alive" thing to help relations with my neighbours.
>>
>>52713005
Fuck off you insufferably miscomprehending cunt.

You can live anywhere as a national of one country, citizen of two megacorps, or convicted criminal of multiple extraterritorialities.
>>
So if a mage manages to sneak through a barrier, can they cast spells inside the barrier like normal, or are they affected by? Rules unclear.
>>
>>52713034
OK cool, but this character doesn't have a SIN, french or otherwise. They grew up in the Barrens.

And I'm still really not seeing what's so broken about them. Sure,it's stealthy but from what I've heard one drone would destroy me. And I kinda like the backstory I've got for them - the whole uneducated hermit living in the Barrens with little human contact. They're aware of the outside world and that other pixies exist but have never seen one themselves, with their shadowrunning taking them to places they never imagined they'd ever see.
>>
Isn't the whole "Pixies more or less can't have SINs" a moot point when, by default, Shadowrunners, which you are, don't have them anyway?
>>
>>52713183
Not exactly; you're still generally expected to have a fake SIN.
>>
>>52713183
A lot of runners do have SINs and jobs.
>>
>>52713220
What kind of day jobs do shadowrunners work? As far as character backgrounds go, you'd assume people with decent day jobs would just do those over the difficult and dangerous job of shadowrunning. Where's the incentive to run when you can make a living wage as a social worker or a fry cook?
>>
>>52713308
>you'd assume people with decent day jobs would just do those
Who said anything about day jobs being decent?
>>
>>52713220
You say that, but by default you have neither and it's a bad thing if you do

>>52713211
You can still have a fake one. Rating 1 SINs might have shit like the bio of a pig slaughtered in Africa and say you're a little cambodian boy. Obviously you couldn't go high up in the rating, but still
>>
>>52713308
Working 40 hours a week pays 5k a month, enough for a middle lifestyle solo or living with roomies; high is 10k.

there are so few jobs that most people have 10 hr/week jobs.
>>
>>52713351
The pay for the dayjob quality is pretty decent, at least. The 40 hour/week one gets you 5k a month, or 60 grand a year.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily imply anything about how pleasant or taxing the work is.
>>
>>52713362
>You can still have a fake one
Of course you can still have a fake one. It can be shit (as you say), or it can be from NeoNET, EVO, or France.
>>
>>52713308
Personally, my runner's job in the run is the same as their regular job; attract attention. As soon as guns are drawn, my character is trying to sow discord.

They make 15k a month for fashion and Music.
>>
>>52713392
It's a decent wage, if you want to live in comparative squalor, with only a portion of your total meals being over-processed shit made from industrial food manufacturing byproducts that we'd only feed to livestock today. (and that's taking into account how crappy food really is today - it only gets worse in the sixth world)
>>
>>52713463
The 5k/month person still makes 3 grand a month over the minimum for a Low lifestyle. They can totally get better amenities if they want, while still putting away one or two thousand a month for savings.

I find the notion of a single income of 60k a year equaling squalor to be pretty laughable. That's more than the average family makes.
>>
>>52713308

Mine is a bunraku prostitute by day. S/he gets switched to a stone cold operator personality when it's time for a run.
>>
>>52713594
Instituting realism it is a stupid fucking thing to do. Don't fucking do it you goddamn retard.
>>
>>52713594
>a Low lifestyle

Which by modern day standards is pretty damn shit unless "ghetto" meets or exceeds your standards, especially when there's no expectation of improvement;

>nobody is likely to bother her much as long as she keeps the door bolted

>the nutrisoy may not taste great, but at least it’s hot

>Power and water are available during assigned rationing periods

>Security depends on how regular the payments to the local street gang are

>folks stuck in a rut, just starting out, or down on their luck tend to have Low lifestyles

You *have to* spend on amenities, etc when you're living in that. Otherwise you might as well be living in a prison cell on ramen noodles. Most GMs won't shaft you too badly (if they even pay attention to lifestyle stuff) - but you'd better not leave anything valuable lying about when they do.
>>
Anyone playing a shapeshifter at the moment?

What are they 'running for? Do they have anything figured out for the future, or are they flying by the seat of their pants?
>>
Does anyone have any tips for building a Street Sam with a katana and cyberernetic arms?
>>
>>52716188
Don't trust the one in the book.
>>
>>52716428
First time playing Shadowrun, but I assumed the examples would be bad. They usually are.
>>
>>52713308
>Where's the incentive to run when you can make a living wage as a social worker or a fry cook?

Because you're making a living wage by working for THE MAN.

I mean Shadowrunners also work for THE MAN, but they get to break the law in the process, so they can feel better about it.
>>
>>52715563
Don't all reply at once or anything.
>>
>>52716188
Internal router and the redliner quality. Other than that try to keep your dice pools big for the stuff you can do. Also sum to 10 is fantastic, I'd try to convince your GM to let you use it.
>>
>>52716188
>>52717019
Also cyberware compatibly is a good quality to take to get more cyber on your char. Add I believe you can only take it at char gen. Also if you plan on getting bioware as well I'd recommend looking at the prototype trans human quality.
>>
>>52717019
Can somebody explain sum to ten?
>>
>>52717060
It's the priority system, but you aren't limited to one of each grade. Instead, each grade has a cost (E 0, D 1, C 2, B 3, A 4), and can only take ones that sum to ten (or whatever) or lower.
>>
>>52717060
Sure. Sum to 10 assigns every priority level a point value, A:4, B:3, C:2, D:1, E:0. So with sum to ten you can place any of the priorities at any level as long as the total equals 10. For instance, my Sam has priority A resources and attributes, priority C skills, then E magic and metatype. It's nice if you want to play a more focused char, allows you to not have to waste priorities on meta and magic as a Sam.
>>
/srg/ anyone interested in critiquing my build? I am a little spread out and having trouble cutting down to more focus my stats. I'm going for an operator (I guess is the only thing I could call it) type of build.

METATYPE: HUMAN

B 5, A 5/6, R 5/7, S 5/6, W 4, L 2, I 3, C 4, ESS 2.07, EDG 3

Condition Monitor (P/S): 11 / 10

Armor: 17

Limits: Physical 8, Mental 4, Social 5

Physical Initiative: 8/10+2D6

Active Skills: Armorer 2, Athletics Group 1, Automatics (Assault Rifles +2) 6, Automotive Mechanic 1, Blades 2, Con 1, Electronic Warfare 1, Escape Artist 1, Exotic Ranged Weapon: Parashield Dart Pistol 1, First Aid 1, Influence Group 1, Intimidation 1, Palming 1, Perception 3, Pilot Ground Craft 1, Pistols 3, Sneaking 2, Unarmed Combat 2

Knowledge Skills: Seattle Area 1, Shadowrunner Community 1, Small Unit Tactics 6

Languages: English N, German 2

Qualities: Biocompatibility (Cyberware), Catlike, Consummate Professional, Distinctive Style: Facial Scar, Driven: Revenge on Aztec (6dicepool (4)), Hawk Eye, Insomnia (Half-Speed Recovery) (7dicepool vs. 4), Prejudiced (Specific) (Outspoken): Aztec Employees, Prototype Transhuman: Wanted, Wanted
>>
>>52717671
cont

Augmentations:
Adrenaline Pump (Prototype) (Alphaware) (1) w/ Prototype Transhuman
Adrenaline Pump Optimization
Bone Density Augmentation (Alphaware) (1)
Damage Compensators (Alphaware) (2)
Datajack (Alphaware)
Internal Router (Alphaware)
Muscle Augmentation (Alphaware) (1)
Muscle Toner (Alphaware) (1)
Orthoskin (Prototype) (Alphaware) (1) w/ Dragon Hide, Insulation, Penguin Blubber, Prototype Transhuman
Reaction Enhancers (Alphaware) (1)
Reakt
Smartlink (Alphaware)
Stalwart Endosont (Prototype) w/ Prototype Transhuman
Wired Reflex Optimization
Wired Reflexes (Alphaware) (1)

Vehicles:
F-B Bumblebee Gear:
Heavy Weapon Mount (Turret, Concealed, Remote) Built into drone w/ Ammo Bin, Concealed Visibility, Turret Flexibility
Micro-Tranceiver
Pilot (4)
Rigger Interface
Smartsoft
Spotlight
Targeting: Krime Wave (4)
Weapons:
Krime Wave [LMG, Acc 8, DV 10P, AP -2, FA, RC 1, 350 (belt)] w/ Bipod, Electronic Firing, (200x) Regular Ammo, Smartgun System, External, Trigger Removal

Harley-Davidson Scorpion
Gear:
Metahuman Adjustment: Troll
Morphing license plate
Run Flat Tires
Spoof chip:

Fake SINs: Vortigern Constans w/ (1 month) Bolt Hole Lifestyle, Fake SIN (1),
Eldridge Smoak w/ (12 months) DocWagon Basic Contract, Fake License: Augmentations (3), Fake License: Blades (3), Fake License: Concealed Carry (3), Fake License: Firearms: Assault Rifle (3), Fake SIN (3), (1 month) Street Lifestyle
>>
>>52717688
cont

Gear:
Ballistic Mask (Customized) w/ Micro-Tranceiver, Sensor Array (2), Voice Warper (6)
Big Game Hunter w/ Custom Fit, Custom Protection: Fire Resistance (6), Drag Handle, Faraday Pocket, Gear Access, Holster, Jammer, Area (4), Shock Weave
Certified Credstick, Gold
Climbing Gear
Datachip x10
Duffle Bag (1)
Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (1), Spatial Recognizer
, Helmet w/ Image Link
Helmet w/ Image Link
Hermes Ikon w/ Biomonitor, Diagnostics, Mapsoft: Barrens, Non-standard Form Factor: Wrist Watch, Receiver, Shopsoft: Guns Near Me, Theme Music, Ticker: Shadowrunner Community
Kamikaze x2
Mapsoft: City Streets
Metal Restraints
Micro-Tranceiver
Plastic Restraints x10
Shopsoft: Motorcycles and Motorcycle parts
Sony Angel
Sony Angel
Sony Angel
Standard Rope (m) x50
Stim Patch (1) x5
Subvocal Microphone
Survival Kit
Tag Eraser
Threads w/ Biomonitor
Tool Kit, Armorer
Tool Kit, Automotive Mechanic

White Noise Generator (3)

Weapons:
AK-97 [Assault Rifle, Acc 8, DV 10P, AP -6, SA/BF/FA, RC (2), 38 (c)] w/ Advanced Safety System, (100x) APDS, Easy Breakdown (manual), Folding Stock, Foregrip, Imaging Scope, Personalized Grip, (100x) Regular Ammo, Sling, Smartgun System, Internal, Spare Clips, Tracker
Colt Government 2066 [Heavy Pistol, Acc 8, DV 7P, AP -1, SA, 14 (c)] w/ Cybersafety RFID Detector, Easy Breakdown (manual), Flashlight, Laser Sight, Personalized Grip, (50x) Regular Ammo, Silencer/Suppressor, (2x) Spare Clips, (50x) Subsonic Ammo, Tracker
Parashield Dart Pistol [Exotic Ranged Weapon, Acc 7, DV By Chem., AP –, SA, 5 (c)] w/ (15x) Injection Darts, Narcoject, Laser Sight, Personalized Grip
Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short Blade [Blade, Acc 8, DV 8P, AP -1] w/ Gecko Grip, Personalized Grip
Ares "One" Monosword [Blade,Blade, Reach 1, Acc 6, DV 9P, AP -3] w/ Gecko Grip, Personalized Grip
>>
>>52717700
final

Contacts:
Fixer (Connection 5, Loyalty 2)
Safehouse Master (Connection 2, Loyalty 3)
Starting ¥: 922.5 + (1D6 × 20)¥
Ammunition & Resources:
AK-97 - APDS x38
Colt Government 2066 - Regular Ammo x14
Parashield Dart Pistol - Injection Darts, Narcoject x5

--------------------

F-B Bumblebee
CHASSIS: F-B BUMBLEBEE
Handling 3, Speed 2, Acceleration 1, Body 4, Pilot 3/4, Sensor 3, Device Rating 3/4, Data Processing 3/4, Firewall 3/4
Condition Monitor: 8
Armor: 14H
Limits: Mental 6
Physical Initiative: 8+4D6
Active Skills: Targeting: Krime Wave 0 (4)
Vehicle Mods:
Heavy Weapon Mount (Turret, Concealed, Remote) Built into drone w/ Ammo Bin, Concealed Visibility, Turret Flexibility
Rigger Interface
Spotlight
Gear:
Linguistics: English (local language)
Linguistics: Japanese (Manufacturer's Language)
Micro-Tranceiver
Pilot (4)
Smartsoft
Targeting: Krime Wave (4)
Weapons:
Krime Wave [LMG, Acc 8, DV 10P, AP -2, FA, RC 1, 350 (belt)] w/ Bipod, Electronic Firing, (200x) Regular Ammo, Smartgun System, External, Trigger Removal
Ammunition & Resources:
Krime Wave - Regular Ammo x200
>>
>>52717710
>>52717700
>>52717688
>>52717671
The hell man. Put it in a pdf or a fucking link next time.
>>
>>52717883
Sorry, was posting via mobile and couldn't get pdf to post.
>>
>>52717955
Then use pastebin. You have enough of a brain for that.
>>
File: tumblr_ockup157Y41qmr4eao1_1280.jpg (172KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ockup157Y41qmr4eao1_1280.jpg
172KB, 778x1000px
>>52717671
Well, Prototype Transhuman is a waste of karma for you since you're not awakened. Willpower should either be 3 or 5 since it gets you extra stun track. A pistol that fires capsule rounds filled with narcoject is generally better than the parashield, since contact >> injection.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1000x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1000x489px
>>52713308
>>
>>52718143
Thank you for the info. What would you recommend other than transhuman? I figured it gives you an extra essence overall to add ware to.
>>
>>52718143
>>52718215
Plus I didn't want him to be useless in social situations.
>>
File: Russian Dual Wielding Robot.jpg (138KB, 1900x950px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Dual Wielding Robot.jpg
138KB, 1900x950px
What skill is used when a piloted anthrodrone is using its real hands to fire guns?

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/russia-fedor-robot-dual-pistols/?fb=gk
>>
Hey chummers, anyone watching the Revision stream?
>>
>>52713163
>OK cool, but this character doesn't have a SIN, french or otherwise. They grew up in the Barrens.

>species only comes from a specific region in France, where they have legal status
>but I come from the Barrens, so it's fine

Mediocre
>Sure,it's stealthy but from what I've heard one drone would destroy me.

Because you cannot into math and realise that the drone will never see you, and will never be able to hit you due to ludicrously good attributes
>>
>>52713308
I always pick something to match overall archetype
>night shift pathologist ghoul
>idol (singer) running is just adrenaline hobby
>in education way too young for legal job
>prosthesis engineer rigger and cripplefucker
>warehouse hand actually yakuza
>>
File: Fire Horse.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Horse.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>52715563
Not at the moment. I'm waiting for Chummer to work it out so I can play my Amazonian horse adept with fiery kicks. also for people to stop moving to different countries so I can keep a group together for more than 6 months
>>
>>52719236
Is it possible to snowflake so hard in the other direction that you become retarded?
>>
I just made a character for 5th ed who's a Dwarf Druidic tradition mage and just want to make sure the rough outlines of the lore don't trample on anything lore wise.

>Character grew up on environmentalist enclave in Quebec
>Does lame ass agricultural work and other shit as kid
>Eventually awakens and learns some magic from the one or two other mages in the collective, both Druids
>Realize a huge problem is that most Druid mages lack a connection to the original magic of the druids due to their lack of a written history and historical docs.
>Eventually visited by a mentor spirit that isn't 100% clear on what it wants but it obviously wants him to leave Quebec
>As he begins traveling becomes stronger in detection magic to figure out intentions of mentor spirit.
>Seems mentor spirit wants him to find a Free Spirit that acts as the true spirit (as per druidic tradition) of someplace in Seattle and either master it or become its student.
>Unsure if free spirit is aspect of mentor, an ally or enemy of the mentor, or just some random spirit
>After smuggling self across multiple national borders he is broke, unfocused, and essentially a bum with good magic.

Any glaring lore conventions I broke?
>>
File: Saracen Glance.png (255KB, 602x388px) Image search: [Google]
Saracen Glance.png
255KB, 602x388px
>>52717101
>street sam
>1 edge
>>
>>52719542
Human gets 3 edge at E priority.
>>
File: Shadowrun 5e Priority Table.png (217KB, 870x516px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun 5e Priority Table.png
217KB, 870x516px
>>52719620
fake news
>>
>>52717019
Is sum-to-ten better than Karma Creation?
>>
>>52717019
I see the Internal Router suggested on here at least once a day. Is it really that important?
>>
>>52718486
>What skill is used when a piloted anthrodrone is using its real hands to fire guns?
Anything mounted uses Gunnery. Anything not mounted is time to ask a GM, because damn it, CGL isn't going to tell you.
>>
>>52720001
Better than karma gen power wise, definitely.
>>
>>52720021
If you're really dependent on wireless bonuses, it is. If you're not, you can spend those 15k better.
>>
>>52719684
Only gets enough SAP for +1 Edge, but Human starts at 2 Edge.
>>
>>52720021
Humans start with 2 Edge. And where else are you going to put that single bonus point as a sammy?
>>
>>52720059
Why not just slave everything to a Transys Avalon? I mean, if you've got a Decker do you really need to be 100% unhackable?
>>
File: 1459263546095.jpg (451KB, 1600x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1459263546095.jpg
451KB, 1600x1740px
>>52720001
STT gets you more than the equivalent in karma, and imo is easier and more fun to do. Karma can be used to fine-tune a character with a broad spread of abilities, if you're OK with them having lower power overall.
>>
>>52720150
Alright, will talk to the GM about it.
>>
>>52720112
Decker's fail. Never being online, doesn't.
>>
>>52719684
>>52720064
So like I said, E priority humans start with 3 edge.
>>
>>52720021
If you're doing reaction enhancers+weird reflexes I'd argue it's damn near essential. Especially if your team has no Decker's.
>>
>>52720259
Kek weird reflexes
Wired*
>>
>>52720233
Only if they don't spend their special attribute point on anything else
>>
>>52720422
>mundane human
???
>>
>>52720500
Anon never said he was playing a human, or even a mundane (though that is by far the most likely).
>>
>>52720596
>playing a dirty Meta
>playing an awakened/emerged
disgust.BTL
>>
>>52720640
>playing a human fighter in every campaign

not_mad_just_disappointed.trid
>>
>>52720640
This. So much this.
>>
>>52720596
The whole conversation was in reference to someone playing a street Sam with 1 edge.

Fake news.
>>
>>52720705
>Playing a special snowflake every campaign
This_is_how_we_force_our_weird_sexual_kinks_on_others.trid
>>
>>52720888
>the majority of the population is non-human

>playing a non-human is a sexual kink

Concentrated_Doubt.sklchp
>>
>>52721158
>the majority of the population is non-human
what?
where the hell do you have that from?
Humans are the majority
>>
>>52721425
That's what I was wondering too. Maybe he means combined metahumanity is larger than the human population? Kind of a cop out statement.
>>
>>52721158
>>52721425
>>52721447
Unless he's simply referring only to the Ork underground, in which case guys statement would hold some water.
>>
>>52721447
>Maybe he means combined metahumanity is larger than the human population?
Even that I'd consider wrong
AFAIK over 60% of metahumanity are humans
>>
>>52721425
>>52721447
>Maybe he means combined metahumanity is larger than the human population?
That is what I meant. Grab a random person off the street and they're more likely to be a non-human metatype than a human. Especially when it comes to the shadows, where a lot of the disenfranchised and rejected by the human establishment (like orcs and trolls) end up, having a party that is majority human is very strange. Labeling non-humans as a special snowflake option takes industrial-strength retardation and lack of basic knowledge of the Sixth World.

>>52721496
Wrong, see pic related, RF 45. Been that way for years, one reason why groups like Humanis are so virulent and pathetic at the same time. They're white nationalists in 2017 America crying because demographic change is turning them from a majority to a plurality.
>>
>>52721608
Everybody knows Humanis are the good guys. Meta scum must die.
>>
>>52721608
I wasn't referring to all Metas being special snowflakes. I was referring to the actual special snowflake species, IE any variant or, please God no, pixies or shifters.
>>
File: It's Everyone Else Who's Wrong.png (1MB, 950x1356px) Image search: [Google]
It's Everyone Else Who's Wrong.png
1MB, 950x1356px
>>52721729
Yeah, it's all those dwarves taking the good jobs with their secret network! That's why you work part-time at Stuffer Shack! It's all those elves turning women into sluts for keebs! That's why you had to spend ¥400 on a lovepillow with datajack socket! It's all those orcs with more muscle than brains! That's why every shirt you buy hangs loose off your arms and tight at the waist! It's all those pixies taking all the sunshine and happiness with magic! That's why you spent an hour every morning and an hour every night staring at the ceiling, thinking about all the ways you've failed and are going to fail as soon as you get out of bed!
>>
>>52721875
See.

Meta scum.
>>
File: Dwarf Metavariants.png (579KB, 919x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Metavariants.png
579KB, 919x600px
>>52721835
Then don't say meta if you don't mean meta as a broad category. Specify metavariants and metasapients.

you're still wrong, you'll just be more precise while being wrong
>>
>>52722021
I never said meta.
>>
>>52720888
This is me

>>52720640
This is not me
>>
>>52722133
Are you>>52720640 >>52720888
>>
>>52722160
Nope

See>>52722156
>>
File: Nuclear Holocaust.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Holocaust.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>>52722185
>>52722156
Then why the fuck did you jump into a conversation about metatypes, start complaining about snowflakes, and expect people to know what the fuck you're on about?
>>
>>52722198
Because I was under the assumption everyone knew the snowflake species in this game since it's discussed here nearly daily. That's my mistake I guess.
>>
File: Maximum on 4d12.png (102KB, 453x443px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum on 4d12.png
102KB, 453x443px
>>52722227
But that's not what you said, and it does not follow at all from the conversation. If you want to bitch about pixies, do it, don't start complaining about snowflakes when someone points out the possibility of a character being an elf and then get huffy when the context doesn't make sense. Words, nigga, use them.
>>
>>52722306
>>52721835
That's why I clarified when questioned, here.
>>
Fuck, having upgraded cyber-arms is expensive. Why not just have decent stats and Muscle Replacements?
>>
>>52722780
using pistols with one hand. It's called the Arm of God build, and you just have 24 dice as a mundane while shooting pistols.
>>
>>52722804
But what if I want to play a Cyberninja? I'm not likely to dump Strength and Agility as a Cyber-ninja, but Cybernetic Arms are cool.
>>
>>52722824
If you want all-over statboost (which a ninja needs for all the acrobatic stuff), muscle replacement/toner is the way to go. If you want a kickass arm or two, with lots of cool stuff in the capacity, you go cyberarm.
>>
>>52722804
>Arm of God build
What does this entail? Asking for a friend.
>>
File: Jax.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jax.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>52722919
One cyberarm+maxxed out AGI and STR from Enhancements and Customization. Humans get 9s in the stats for a reasonable price, and still have a bunch of capacity to play with. Best friend of deckers and faces in games where combat is inevitable, because you can be good at combat with minimal stat investment.
>>
>>52722919
Literally just get a cyberarm and give it 9 agility. when you use one handed weapons with that arm, you substitute it's agility for your own, giving you 9 dice. At chargen, as a Human, that's 15 dice - 17 if you specialize. This allows you to use handguns or machine pistols with fantastic results, rather than cowering behind your Street Sam.
>>
Are SMGs one-handed or two?
>>
>>52724075
5e if it matters
>>
>>52724075
Two I think
>>
I guess I'll ask again today: Why do grenade launchers have accuracy if they simply need 3 hits?
>>
>>52725076
We told you yesterday.
>>
>>52725094
You didn't
>>52711829
>>
/srg/ what's better, Shadownet or runner hub?
>>
>>52724075
Gm's discretion. Most will probably allow one-handed if fired in ss/bf mode, two-handed if full auto.
>>
>>52725076
Perhaps it's their way of saying grenade launchers are only accurate up to a point. Which isn't necessarily untrue. They're much harder to aim consistently than regular guns.
>>
>>52725328
Fair enough, I suppose. A strange way of doing it, though.
>>
Okay, question about the spell Catch
If you throw a melee weapon, and that weapon is thoroughly embedded in the person you throw it at (whether o bot they're still alive), would that count as 1 object or 2?
>>
>>52725348
*or not
>>
>>52725341
CGL has strange ways of doing everything I've come to find out. I can't think of any other possible reason for this. I'm not speaking from a point of fact, simply opinion. Just want to clarify that before someone sights something proving me wrong.
>>
>>52725348
Oh, also, would the weapon be pulled out, or take the body with it?
>>
>>52725245
Do you prefer gonorrhea or herpes?
>>
>>52725348
Where is that spell? I can't find it.
>>
>>52725924
Hard Targets 191
>>
File: Hot Potato.png (559KB, 343x865px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Potato.png
559KB, 343x865px
>>52725348
>This spell allows you to quickly yank one individual unattended object (up to Force in kilos) into your hand

I'd say the weapon is an individual object, and the person it's thrown at is another, and there is good reason to argue that getting it stuck in someone means it is not 'unattended'. It's elementary anyways, the body is way too heavy for you to pull.
>>
>>52725883
I prefer my own in person group, but that shit just isn't gonna happen. So I'm trying to make the best of a shitty situation. Any suggestion to another better place I can find a game would be not only welcomed but greatly appreciated.
>>
>>52726104
Roll20, gamefinder, Reddit lfg, and anywhere that isn't a living campaign. They are Universally trash.
>>
>>52726324
Roll20 sucks. There's an SR game opening that's worth while like once a month. And then it fills up in the first hour is in the boards. I'll check out gamefinder and the Reddit ifg though.
>>
>>52726367
Lfg*
>>
File: 1463105284162.jpg (76KB, 564x751px) Image search: [Google]
1463105284162.jpg
76KB, 564x751px
>>52726104
There's not a lot out there, unfortunately. Depends on what you want to do. Hub has more players than GMs, and is more of a one-world game, where everyone follows the same set of (minimal) houserules and it's not uncommon for groups to stick together long-term if they get the GM's love. If you want to be a GM, go Hub and you'll have a group inside of two days, with chargen legal characters ready to go.

Net is the more loose community, higher GM:Player ratio and more extensive houserules across the board. Also tends to have a lot of games with schedules good for North America/Western Europe. Do it if you want to be a player in a freelance job situation.

>>52726324
>finding a SR game on Roll20 or gamefinder

When trolls fly. The openings come once in a blue moon, and the games usually collapse inside of 5 sessions because people are so desperate they'll agree to stuff like a consistent 6-hour session at 3AM local time on signing up, then flake immediately. At least you don't get false illusions when you join a living campaign.
>>
>>52726423
Thank you for the advice.

And I've had the exact same roll20 experiences which is why I'm looking for something else. I will say if you want to play 4-5 sessions with a GM who doesn't know the system and a bunch of players who can't think outside of pink Mohawks, then roll20 is your place.
>>
>>52726423
At least you have a chance on roll20.
Living Campaign is just guranteed to be shit no matter what, with nothing redeeming ever. It's literally playing with autistic redditors and the rejected people from other games, coupled with a complete lack of understanding of rules. Imagine playing with the worst people you know, except they're also playing furry mages abusing the game and erping with the GM for favoritism.
>>
I've been gone since Chrome Flesh / Rigger 5 (i can't remember which of those came last), did I miss any sourcebooks worth reading
>>
>>52726812
The HK sourcebook (Guess what it's about. Also contains english 2050 rules for 5e)
Market Panic (all about the megas and how their rankings changed)
Howling Shadows (Running Wild without prices. Because real shadowrunners are apparently pokemon trainers and have to go out and catch them)
Court of Shadows (Magic bullshit about the Seelie court with magical deckers and riggers)
Anarchy (a rules-lighter version of 5e, misses some things, not very good)
Cutting Aces (all about spy work, some new gear)
A master index version of the CRB
>>
>>52726869
I always saw Running Wild more as NPC content desu, player rules for that sort of thing are basically impossible to pull off without being all fucked up

not that most of 4e's advanced character ideas aren't all fucked up as well, but I never was the type to give up on a semblance of balance
>>
>>52726812
Forgot one: a book about basically the Deck of many things, now in SR. Featuring:
A shitty overpriced (and too available) Spinrad commlink,
A "woman that needs no man" mentor spirit,
an Advanced mentor spirit (no, we don't know either)
and an extremely shitty mentor spirit (you don't actively help the team with something? -2 on the relevant limit)

oh and what is announced but hasn't happened yet
A book on the infected
A book with more blood magic
A book about orks and trolls
The actual tarot book (as in the artwork)
The technomancer book (ETA: Heat death of the Universe+5 years)
>>
>>52726893
problem with that: How much does it cost a company to outfit their guard dogs with augmentation? How much does it cost with hellhounds?
Because the augmentation cost is given depending on the animal cost
which isn't there
>>
Why should/shouldn't someone get a mentor spirit?
>>
>>52727004
I mean the business cost for a location to have a unit of guard animals is wildly different from the cost for a player to buy X number of guard dogs anyway so we're in "gm makes shit up" land anyway
>>
Hey folks, new player here. Played Hong Kong and Dragonfall, but I've never touched the actual dice game. Which books do I need, as a player? If it helps, I'm hoping to create a BLT-addled Don Quixote-esque figure. Honor and chivalry and sword and board, that sort of thing.
>>
>>52727024
sure, but usually it is nice to give the GM a guide on how much they will cost, so that they can decide
>"hmm, this corp isn't that wealthy, and getting this critter would cost more than an equivalent guard would, so it probably isn't there",
instead of saying
>"welp, your problem now"
At least give us that, if necessary just say that this is for corps, and players can't get them

>>52727021
Are you mundane/emerged?
Can you only take positive qualities below 10 karma?
does it not fit your character to have a mentor spirit?

If you answered yes to any of those then you shouldn't/can't get a mentor spirit
Otherwise just take one that fits your character, or take one that gives a good bonus and prepare to be shaped

>>52727076
What edition?
And being BLT-addicted should be pretty hard. How do you think to pay for those tomatoes and lettuce?
>>
>>52727076
>>52727110
>BLT addicted
Man, getting real bacon, lettuce, and tomato in the 6th world must be a bitch
>>
>>52727165
That shit is rich people food
Middle class can afford to eat real food once per week, and that's probably just one of them
To eat it more often that once every few weeks you'd probably need a High or Luxury lifestyle
>>
>>52727211
Actually, that would be like the food equivalent of a BTL addiction, wouldn't it?
Once you've had the real thing, you can't go back to soy
>>
>>52727270
>runner is in the biz to eventually retire to eating BLTs daily
>no fancy cars, no mansions, no groupies, just BLTs whenever he wants one
>>
File: 1404091021424.jpg (100KB, 960x727px) Image search: [Google]
1404091021424.jpg
100KB, 960x727px
>>52727165
>>52727211
a normal hamburger is 5 nuyen, a real steak is 50 nuyen. I'm sure getting bacon, lettuce and tomato ontop of it

>>52727270
yeah. I had the same thought when I started smoking weed and doing acid.
>>
>>52727350
Acid and weed ftw.
>>
>>52727350
>a real steak is 50 nuyen
I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to drop 50 bucks on a fucking steak, seeing as thats' a week's worth of groceries
>>
Okay, I meant BTL and you faggots know it, but now I might just roll with a sandwich obsession out of spite.
>>52727110
5e
>>
>>52727414
You can pay close to that at a fancy restaurant now for a steak.
>>
>>52727428
I've never really looked into it, but I'm not sure how viable sword and board is in SR.
>>
>>52727350
chummer, look at this >>52648889
An apple, not a sack of them but just one, costs 5 nuyen
A peach costs 20 nuyen, the same as a chicken
I can imagine that those three ingredients in the sandwich will also be pricey as fuck

Again, a person with a middle lifestyle can eat real food once per week
Which probably means that they can afford a BLT with real bacon, real lettuce and real tomatoes every 2-3 weeks
Being able to, at any time, go and eat a BLT is luxury

>>52727435
sure, now imagine that goes for most real food

>>52727076
What kind of character do you want? Sammy? Adept?
Generally the CRB, Run Faster, Run and Gun, Hard Targets and Chrome Flesh
For Adepts also Street Grimoire, and maybe Shadow Spells (maybe it contains some adept powers)
>>
>>52727165
>Man, getting real bacon, lettuce, and tomato in the 6th world must be a bitch
Goddamn, the 6th world is bleak. Probably isn't any mayo or cuccumber, either. Well, at least soy bread ain't half bad, and worst comes to worst, people probably still grow rye, and that ain't half bad either.

Anyway, reason for tripfagging: It's occurred to me that we're missing the newest book (Book Of The Lost, I think?) with crunch in it from the various boxes. I've had a scan around, but either I'm failing at my main job or it's not available online. If anyone's got a copy, gimme a shout and I'll get on it as soon as. If not, I'll get back to looking and being damned near useless.
>>
>>52727414

yeah, but stealing an entire truck of steaks some how seems like a neat shadowrun. Fuck. 11 pounds of kobe 1 1/4th inch cut steaks is 983 dollars.

>get hired to steal steak from a rival corporation
>what the fuck? Steaks? I'm a fucking shadowrunner
>get offered 10k each
>do the run, no resistance from the driver
>take the truck back to the resturant
>Every steak was kobe beef
>reward also had a steak dinner
>first time eating real steak
> I had a foodgasm and became a ghoul to eat steak all day every day

>>52727500
yeah, agriculture produce is low as fuck in shadowrun. Some how a fried hamburger is cheaper than a naturally grown peach. Hell. Indoor factory farms are becoming real alternatives to huge tracts of land used for growing shit.
>>
>>52727512
Quick Q, any actual game changes in the book? Or is it just a story book?
>>
>>52727348
The trick is, honing his recipe for perfectly crispy bacon adds another 6 months to his running career
>>
File: Nutrition.png (72KB, 1901x428px) Image search: [Google]
Nutrition.png
72KB, 1901x428px
Also because it fits the discussion
>>
>>52727500
I'm leaning towards Sammy with quite a few augments, so I'll probably be poking around Chrome Flesh. Adept doesn't look too appealing, because I'm not quite ready to learn the ins and outs of the game's magic system, on top of everything else.
>>
>>52727544
Big mechanics, like Run Faster or Chrome Flesh, no. But there are two new mentor spirits in it, and even if I cannot be arsed with the shitty missions, and have dropped my guard on the lorebooks (but am working on it as best I can), I am going to keep up with anything that has actual mechanics in it. If anyone knows anything I've missed, please, tell me. I'm going to keep on top of things as best I can.
>>
>>52727593
three mentor spirits
"need no man" Goddess, "We have no Idea what it means" Advanced Crow and "Teamplay" Lion
>>
>>52727632
Need no man goddess. Lmao Really trying to get the gals into SR huh CGL?
>>
>>52727666
It reads like every worst stereotype to come from a Virginia Woolf book, honestly, and it's mechanically lousy to boot. No appeal to literally anyone.
>>
>>52727565
I've run a slicer through some of the better brands of deli meats (Sandwich shop job a few years back) and yeah, the meat glues are pretty strong. I think people forget that you can't actually have a slice of turkey 6 inches by 4 inches unless you've glued a lot of birds together at some point. The weird fat-carageenan-water jelly that comes out of the air pockets, though, that stuff even weirds me out.
>>
>>52725076
Because you don't always use that 3 hit test.

Read nigga, read.
>>
Hey /srg/ is there any word on how Sharpshooter and Strive for Perfection is supposed to interact?
>>
>>52728148
No. On one side there is your GM, and on the other, where you expect to find CGL's official word, there is nothing. Less than that, even. A literary void created by putting the errata team into other work.
>>
Quick, post troll women!
>>
File: Troll 1438566081136.jpg (88KB, 492x705px) Image search: [Google]
Troll 1438566081136.jpg
88KB, 492x705px
>>52728435
A'ight.
>>
File: 1359633368380.jpg (557KB, 636x890px) Image search: [Google]
1359633368380.jpg
557KB, 636x890px
>>52727512
Ahem. https://u.nya.is/teugkt.pdf
>>52728148
There's no errata for it. I typically err in favour of BODMAS, so divide then subtract. That combination is on my soft veto list though, players typically have to justify it with a bit more rigor than I usually ask for.
>>
Honestly, I think it's pretty clear that Strive for Perfection is basically a dumb beta version of Sharpshooter and that you should only allow the latter to actually be taken.
>>
>>52728656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>>
File: SpliceSized.jpg (554KB, 600x1254px) Image search: [Google]
SpliceSized.jpg
554KB, 600x1254px
>>52728435
hey yall where the tall girls at
>>
>>52728435
>>
Can a technomancer using Tattletale give a spider OWS?

I thought that Spiders technically can't get OWS?
>>
File: IMG_3501.jpg (708KB, 1576x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3501.jpg
708KB, 1576x2048px
>>52728435
Relevant.
>>
>>52728899
Spiders can get OS. GOD can't
>>
>>52729260
Nope.

>G-men, security spiders, IC, and other users who are offcially sanctioned by GOD never rack up an Overwatch Score
>>
File: Riot Knight.jpg (188KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Riot Knight.jpg
188KB, 1400x1200px
>>52727483
Shields are mostly for dedicated tanks with high STR that can handle the encumbrance. Riot Shields got that nice electric damage touch attack, and according to fluff an Ares FlaShield is just a riot shield with a flashpak on it, so maybe it can shock too? I wouldn't bet on it.

Otherwise there's not a lot of support for shields and they can get in the way if you're not built for it. A nice GM like mine might let you put weapon mods on it which is how mine ended up with a Personalized Grip, a Sling, and Easy Breakdown (Powered), to keep lugging it around from becoming a bother. They might even let you use it with Fiori Dei Liberi for the Two Weapon Defense and Offense techniques, which can be fun but ultimately not much help.
>>
Just to make sure I'm reading it right: you can take the same Martial Arts Technique from two different styles and make it stack, right? I.E. Randori (Vitals) from Jeet Kune Do and again from Pentjak Silat for a cumulative reduction of 2 to the penalty for Called Shot: Vitals.
>>
>>52730435
Looks like it? Some might argue against stacking techniques that don't use the same Combat Skill though.
>>
>>52730435
>You cannot gain more than a +2 bonus or a reduction in modifers by more than 2 from purchasing the same technique from two different martial art styles.
Beyond that, you're golden.
>>
File: 1413435157868.jpg (71KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1413435157868.jpg
71KB, 887x1097px
>Playing with chummer and making multi-millionaire gammaware cybergods
>mfw I do the same with Bioware

They lack the 'functions' but goddamn there's a lot of creepy shit here. Look entirely normal, except that they have bulletproof/insulated skin, articulation/joint flexibility (that lets them compress themselves through spaces they can fit their skulls through.)

Initiative that's better than Wired 3 (and Move by wires 3, too)
>>
>>52730633

Looking what can also be done with magic users in this case. It's actually a shame that no character could ever reasonably reach these levels of power. I mean, shit, what's a dragon's MAG score? I assume their spellcasting skill is a 12, but
>>
>>52731018
>I mean, shit, what's a dragon's MAG score?
Great Dragons hit twenties / thirties, but usually below that.
>>
>>52726802
I could sunder the world in under 10 weeks and force a reboot.
>>
How high could your magic score theoretically go?
>>
I've been reading some reviews and whatnot about the differences between 4th and 5th, as well as a few first thoughts on Anarchy and I've noticed that there are some folks that Really hate limits. I've yet to find an exploration for why some folks feel so strongly about it though. Anyone know?
>>
>>52731896
There's no hard limit.
>>
>>52732406
Prevents them from cheesing super hard. That's the only reason I've been about to come up with. Anarchy is shit btw.
>>
>>52732969
Been able*
>>
>>52731204
Then do it.
>>
>>52732406
I think there's a perception to them as if they were added as a 4e revision specifically to prevent people from going above an arbitrary limit, and so from that perspective they aren't super successful-- but I never really treated them that way. There's no good way to emulate accuracy mechanics or really any bottleneck-type situation with the previous dice system, and it's exactly what the game needed to model gear more accurately instead of just stacking +1 mods onto everything. 4e had a few places where it was obvious the system was being stretched too thinly and there wasn't a clean substitute for the more complicated old dice mechanics.
>>
>>52731896
There is no limit, so on paper they have infinitely more potential than cyber/bio-augments.
In practical terms most Awakened never reach even double-digits. Even Immortal Elves rarely break 20, although that's usually more than enough.
>>
Any tips for making a Cat Burglar?
>>
>>52734106
Max every skill in the stealth group. Agility is your friend. Grab a cyberarm for shooting in a pinch and utility. Catlike quality is good for stealth builds. Other than that maybe some more cyber or bio. If you do decide to go that route I'd get an internal router considering you want to be stealthy and not showing on the matrix but still getting wireless bonuses that don't require the matrix..
>>
>>52734197
What's the point of the Cyberarm if you want Agility to be as high as it can be? Why not Muscle Replacement or Muscle Toner?
>>
>>52734224
I guess if you do max agility you could go that route as well. I was thinking of the utility for the cyberarm more than the shooting.
>>
>>52734256
All of that utility can be replicated with tools though admittedly.
>>
>>52734197
>>52734256
Alright, thanks.
>>
What sort of backstories do people come up with for cybered-up characters to justify the cost of their cyberware that isn't some form of ex-military/corpsec?
>>
>>52734378
Ganger who started small and built his stuff up over the years (with some luck and/or debts) is a classic.
>>
>>52734378
I'm running a character who's father was a biotech and cyberware designer who outfitted his kid with experimental ware and procedures to try and make him into a super human. Then the corp that his father worked for found out he was stealing ware and killed him and tried to kill the kid but didn't. Now the kids all grown up and gunning for the corporation that did it. I'm playing it as him looking at what his father did through rose colored lenses. He's gonna be oblivious to the fact that his father was really the one in the wrong on a couple of levels.
>>
>>52734378
Child soldier working for an unscrupulous cyberware surgeon who rented out his tiny super-powered assassins. Every piece gets passed down as the kids age/die.
>>
So adept and street sam start with improved reaction 2 and Wired Reflexses 2. First cost 2.5 power points second costs 2.5 essence and few hundred thousand nuyens.
Now if they want to go faster they would have to get better version.
The adept would initiate, go fuck somewhere for a month, spend karma reward from 2-3 runs and done. +1 reaction, +1D6 and +1 magic limit.
Now the street sam would need to find avail 22 item, find hospital or street doc good enough to do it, wait for delivery, suffer intrusive procedure and spend time recovering in hospital. Now he have gained reaction, ini dice and lost 1 essence.
If he doesnt have essence left it gets even more complicated.
How is this fare?
>>
>>52734763
Oh and forgot that the street sam need to spend around 35 runs worth of nuyen compared to the adept 3 runs worth of karma
>>
>>52734378
I just kind of accept it as a genre convention.
>>
File: 1420464290500.jpg (13KB, 275x166px) Image search: [Google]
1420464290500.jpg
13KB, 275x166px
>>52734763
For fuckexpensive purchases like high-end cyber/bioware, vehicles or cyberdecks, I tent to have them added in to other runs or even as a run in its own right.

Decker needs new hardware? The building you're running against has a Spider using a superior model of deck, all the Decker has to do is find its physical location, remove any RFIDs and manually change the device's owner to himself.

Streetsam looking about for an upgrade? The Johnson has connections to an EVO cyberclinic, and will put your Sammy's name on the waiting-list for a new Wired Reflexes suite.

Talk with your group if you're a DM, or talk with your DM if you're a player, and you'll get a solution everybody's fine with.
>>
I'm like functionally retarded and I need help understanding how exactly robolimbs work in regards to str/agi
Can it exceed my normal cap? Or does it equal it or less only?
For reference I'm in chargen and i'm trying to figure out what my str is without the augs.
>>
>>52734763
>Avail 22
Coincidentally just low enough to grab it at chargen with a handy dandy positive trait
>>
>>52734962
Yeah, for the low low price of 10 karma.
>>
>>52734378
Obsessed Maria Mercurial fan. That's pretty much it. Good upbringing, no trauma, she just thinks her idol is cool as hell.
>>
>>52734943
You have between 4 and 6 "limbs"
>your arms (always there)
>your legs (always there)
>your head
>your torso
depending on the GM you use your
>limbs and torso,
>limbs and head,
>limbs and torso and head or
>just your limbs

Your Cyberlimb has AGI and STR. You can customize it permanently when buying up to your natural limit (6 for humans) and they start with 3 in both.
You can also use Cyberlimb Enhancement to increase it afterwards up to Natural Limit+3
When you only use your cyberlimb (e.g. firing a pistol with your cyberarm) you use that limb's stats (which is where the Arm of God build comes from)
When you use multiple limbs (e.g. firing a sniper rifle or running) you take the average of the stats of all relevant limbs
When you use your entire body you do so with all limbs (so it makes a difference whether you count the head AGI or not)
There's a kraut rule that if you have 4 cyberlimbs (2 cyberarms, 2 cyberlegs) you can use their stats for calculating your limits
>>
File: 1320993750545.jpg (290KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1320993750545.jpg
290KB, 800x800px
>>52734943
A cyberlimb can be *customised* up to your metatype maximum.
It can further be *enhanced* with modifications, but no augmentations that modify your character's strength or agility affect the cyberlimb, save for the Redliner quality.

As to how your limb's attributes are used, that largely comes down to GM fiat. For the most part, if you're trying to shoot someone with a pistol held in your cyberlimb, you use the attributes of that limb. If you're depending on the interaction between two limbs, you use the weakest of the two attributes. In any other case, you average all your limbs together and use the aggregate value.
>>
>>52735140
On that note, Does redliner go to maximum or over maximum? I forgot to ask but I think between your post and >>52735127
I get it now
>>
>>52721875
This fucker doesn't get it. Its all those trogs and their huge cocks when they keep cucking your hot elven wife.

Incidentally I have a subscription to Trogged
.trid
>>
>>52735314
I forgot to buy sniper ammo. Can I load a EBR with 7700$ or do I need to readjust my priorities elsewhere
>>
>>52713622
I'd never wanna play SR with you, weirdo
>>
>>52713308
Doesn't have one, he just slots in personafixes all day long. Best one was when the DM forced him to be Hunter S. Thompson during a run.
>>
>>52734962
And half your essence and 3/4 of you money
You would also need adapsin and/or cybercomp if you want to do other things than go fast
>>
If I have 10/10 as my natural strength, I add a custom cyberarm with +3 str enhancement, And I have redline and a total of four cyber limbs, Do I have 15/10 strength, is that how it works?
>>
>>52735705
14 on all limbs. You cannot go higher than (Racial Max) + 4 whatever happens.
>>
>>52728543
God amongst men, thou art.
>>
In 5e is there any penalties/bonuses to attack/defense rolls when you're firing at something really small or large? It seems odd to me that the defense pool of a microdrone is the same as a large drone.
>>
>>52737085
IIRC their concealment modifier (not the Concealment power) gets added to the attack, so something small reduces the attack pool while something big increases it
Alternatively you may need to make a perception test to even see it
>>
Am I reading something wrong, or is having a Skilljack loaded up with rank 6 linguasofts 156,000¥. I'm looking at a rank 6 datajack because I'm playing the Face and skills are capped by language.
>>
soooo.... Anyone wanna play on a discord game set in southeast asia?
>>
File: GTA Roanapur.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GTA Roanapur.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>52737692
>>
>>52737708
Man I need Hotel Moscow in my games
>>
so I went through chargen and ended up retroactively removing my qualities and now i dont know what to do about them
Both positive and negative are fully available
Are there any really good general positives to grab, I'm a street samurai I think.
>>
>>52739023
Biocompatibility(Cyberware)
Sensei

What kind of Sammy do you want to make?
Rooty-Tooty-Point-And-Shooty?
Melee fighter?
Walking Tank?
>>
>>52739073
Well its a minotaur with 10str and a bow to match, Other than that the 'loss' (Well actually rendered useless) of my qualities sorta mucked with my character idea somewhat so its a bit undefined right now.
>>
>>52739073
Why Sensei?
>>
So, I have recently joined a group of good roleplayers who have never played Shadowrun before, I have limited experience as well, and our GM is newer as well.
How can I make the experience kick-ass for everyone?
Where can my rigger find good street races?
How can I keep our Minotaur from screwing up a run by going all in?
How can I fuck with everyone?
>>
>>52709274
Another way to do pixies is Link with his fairy. The magic version of a rigger and flying drone.
>>
>>52734378

Wageslave that was so excited about wanting to be a badass that the company took notice and uses him as a posterchild for their 'ware
>>
>>52740599
Good God man
>>
>>52726627
Mirrorshades is style over substance.
Black Trenchcoat is substance over style.
Pink Mohawk is style on substance.
Grey Man is substance enslaving style.
>>
>>52740397
do drugs, do all the drugs, do so many drugs that your trips spill into reality.
>>
Inept new player here. The BLT guy, actually. I'm trying to figure out what penalties, if any, are involved in wielding a claymore in one hand, and a ballistic shield in the other.
>>
>>52740906

iirc, RAW, there's nothing said for holding a two handed weapon in one hand.
>>
>>52741002
>>
>>52740906
-2, with -1 for trolls
>>
File: deirdrach.pdf (88KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
deirdrach.pdf
88KB, 1x1px
Hi, Chummers, would you guys be willing to shit on my first character and tell me how I have made her shit, and how I can make her not shit?
>>
>>52741188
I would start by formatting it to not come out being unreadable
>>
>>52741188
The character pic doesn't seem to fit.
>>
>>52741229
Lmao thought the same thing
>>
>>52741226
Excellent suggestion, will do.
>>
>>52737767
in Shadowrun they have surprisingly little power in southeast asia, the vory that is.
>>
>>52741188
Willpower 2 will probably bite you is the ass, try and get it to three at least. There's a DV 12 monofilament chainsaw in run and gun, I'd suggest using it instead. Either way Chainsaws are an exotic weapon and you need to get the appropriate exotic skill. Your logic is too high, unless you are a log tradition mage or a decker (or a medic) any point on logic could be better spent on intuition. And appitude is a waste of karma, exceptional attribute is a far better use of your time. If you're specialised in automatics your points in longarms are kind of a waste.
>>
I have 1pp with Warrior adept discount available
wat get
or should i move the magic to another stat or two
>>
>>52742117
What you got right now for Powers?
>>
Chummers what the fuck does Sensei do?
>>
>>52742131
Wall Running, Reflex 3, Missile Mastery
>>
File: scyan_by_simonweaner-d8b1nfn.png (604KB, 650x1016px) Image search: [Google]
scyan_by_simonweaner-d8b1nfn.png
604KB, 650x1016px
>>52740397
>good players
>limited shadowrun experience
Skip a lot of the fiddly bits to start so they can get into the setting and do what they do best.
>>
>>52742231
Nimble Fingers, Linguistics, Combat Sense, Improved Ability (Throwing Weapons) are all good options.
>>
>>52741188
Light pass:
Points in instruction, running, and flight (??) are probably wasted.
Chainsaw is an exotic weapon.
Swap your LOG and WIL.
Higher rating wired reflexes would be better.
Get some more armor somehow.

Heavy pass:
Re-allocate priorities away from skills and toward resources.

Technical pass:
Resize mugshot to 210 x 310 pixels.
>>
>>52742402
Flight is a Drake skill which is attached to the Athletics Skill group, so it shows up on sheets.
>>52741188
I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with the character. You seem like you want to be Samurai, but you don't have nearly enough Ware to be one. You should clarify what you want from your character, and what books you are using.
>>
How many batches of reagents can an Alchemical Lab have refining at once?
It's an entire lab, so presumably the answer isn't just one.
>>
File: Alchemy.png (1MB, 717x1115px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.png
1MB, 717x1115px
>>52742603
If your lab is big enough for multiple people to work side by side for 8-12 hour shifts, then one batch for every magician with equipment to work there.

There are no rules for how big an alchemical lab is, how many people can work there, or even how much it costs (beyond generic workspace rules). Going off the descriptions in SG, refining reagents is an active process that takes the entire attention of a magician to circulate one batch properly.
>>
File: That's Gunna Hurt.jpg (371KB, 1023x714px) Image search: [Google]
That's Gunna Hurt.jpg
371KB, 1023x714px
>>52734378
I was actually going through my archives recently and realised that a lot of my characters have had horrifically traumatic injuries that propelled them from a (relatively) normal and safe route, down the path of shadowrunning and cyberpsychosis.

I can't tell if it's a power fantasy or repressed fears.
>>
File: Hatsune Miku at Home.gif (2MB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune Miku at Home.gif
2MB, 500x279px
>>52734943
>For reference I'm in chargen and i'm trying to figure out what my str is without the augs.

And why aren't you letting Chummer do that for you, chummer?
>>
File: Bullet Shatter.gif (23KB, 577x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bullet Shatter.gif
23KB, 577x240px
>>52735343
If you can't pay for enough bullets with 7k, you should invest that money moving to a better neighbourhood.
>>
>>52742515
>Flight is a Drake skill
You mean a flyer skill. See also; falconine shifters, pixies, etc.
>>
File: Dervish Elbowdrops Sensei.png (632KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
Dervish Elbowdrops Sensei.png
632KB, 900x1478px
>>52742152
rtfb. Run Faster.
>>
>Wireless Skillsoft Networks
>This monthly fee is added to the character’s Lifestyle cost

So, apparently ogres and other reduced lifestyle cost types (Digester Endosont, Solus, Ogre Stomach) have cheap access to skillsofts, while Trolls, Metasapients, and all the increased Lifestyle cost PC options are fucked.
>>
>>52743690
Only if you apply the fee before you do the metatype adjustment.

You know, like an idiot would do.
>>
File: 1471059312056.jpg (224KB, 1600x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1471059312056.jpg
224KB, 1600x1015px
>>52737692
man I thought everyone would jump all over that.
>>
>>52743391
If it's only one, then refining reagents is literally impossible on either a personal or industrial scale. Nobody, ever, can gather them effectively. Nobody can refine them effectively. You barely even get any profit if you do it, and it takes literally months to get even basic amounts.
>>
>>52743712
Right, because it tells you how to do it properly, so that you could be salty about doing it wrong. Somewhere.
>>
>>52732969
With the odds you're supposed to be going up against, cheesing is hardly an issue. even if you have 24 dice to do something it's likely you can be fucked from a physical/magical/cybercom standpoint. Or even purely numbers, half dozen runners should be running from the big guys not expected to fight them all. So ultimately all those limits are pointless extra book keeping stopping you from being too kill and wasting the books predesigned mooks.
>>
>>52743997
Sounds pretty CLG to me.
>>
File: Alchemy Lab.jpg (80KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy Lab.jpg
80KB, 604x453px
>>52743997
Not so. Gathering reagents is an entirely different affair, but lets run some numbers on brewing.

First, let's assume that the lab employs two magicians and can produce two batches a day (shamans tag-team it in sunrise-sunset cycles, hermetics do it in 8 hour shifts but need to meet OSHA standards for safety and cross-contamination, whatever; a tough schedule, but not impossible by Sixth World working conditions). Second, let's assume that these mages are to the point where they can buy the three hits needed on the Alchemy+Magic test, either because they are naturally gifted mages, they studied alchemy real hard, or both (or maybe they have assistants who are teamworking this test, or are using a higher grade of reagent to save time and allow them to cover for fuckups, whatever).

That means that the average lab can crank out 2 refined reagents a day, 14 a week, ~60 a month. Retail price: 350¥ apiece, 21,000¥ monthly. Even when you take out overhead of raw reagents (20¥ each, or 200¥ for each refined reagent), you still end up with 9000¥, enough for both mages to live Low lifestyles (plus the 1000¥ special work area) with lots of extra cash around to reinvest and/or splurge. If our boys happen to be the enterprising sort, they can make 50 refined reagents, then convert those into 5 radical reagents, they come out with 22,500¥ gross, or 12,500¥ once you take out the 10k raw reagent cost. Some more cash, plus they save 5 shifts worth of work to fap to troll btls.

And this is two guys doing it in their basement. A corp that can afford to hire a dozen wagemages to circulate reagents in a massive lab, let alone hermetics in 3 8-hour shifts.
>>
>>52743997
>>52744507
For one guy working alone? Being an alchemist who solely does reagent-refining is hard work. For a corporation, or even the small-time chains like the Talismongers Association? Doable, and well worth doing not only for the money (which is not a huge amount of profit, but profit nonetheless) but for what they can do with the reagents to enhance their other works, not to mention using them as a way to get magicians in the door of their shops to upsell them on shiny foci.

The economics of the whole thing aren't CGL's strongest point, but they work well enough to understand why someone is refining reagents, even if your character is not. And this isn't getting into orichalcum.
>>
>>52744507
Mate, a fifty thousand nuyen lab is not "in the basement"
>>
>>52744551
Where are you getting that price from?
>>
>>52744593
The book? It costs 50k for a lab.
>>
>>52744608
Which book? I'm bouncing between core, SG, and RF, and I can't see an alchemical lab statted out anywhere.
>>
>>52744648
As far as I'm aware, it's just a normal lab tailored to alchemy.
>>
File: Gimmie A Hand.gif (399KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
Gimmie A Hand.gif
399KB, 245x160px
>>52744689
Where is the price for a normal lab, then? Assuming it's not a lifestyle option. The closest I can find to a 50,000 nuyen lab is someone's house rules.
>>
File: tumblr_oobhw8XlwG1qa578so4_1280.png (476KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oobhw8XlwG1qa578so4_1280.png
476KB, 1280x1600px
>>52744824
It'd be a Facility. 443, SR5.
>>
>>52745001
>>52744824
It makes no sense that it costs fifty fucking grand just to do basic alchemy. It really ought to require a shop at max, and there's no reason it'd only allow one batch at a time.
>>
>>52745001
Thanks.

Nothing I can really say to that, other than I believe that requiring the largest and most expensive possible option of workspace (ahead of Special Work Area (SR5 370) at 1000¥ a month, a Commercial-rated Workshop RF 224 at 2,500¥ a month, or a fragging helicopter hanger and repair Garage (RF 221) at 10,000¥ a month) is grossly overcharging.

>>52745114
My thoughts precisely. There are exactly zero statements about what is needed for an alchemical lab, and costing them that high is kicking someone while they're down. If it came to it, I'd say that a Magical Lodge is the thing most-fitting the requirements:
>It’s a basic tool of magicians across the world, about the size of a room. You need it to learn spells, perform rituals, craft foci, and in a pinch you can use it to protect yourself from magical threats

And that's only Forcex500 nuyen to set up.

Facilities are designed for 'build and repair skills' with massive immobile machinery, like the equipment needed by a rigger to build a death-copter. What does an alchemist's lab have to compare to that? A bunch of graduated cylinders and crucibles and those twirly condenser tubes?
>>
>>52745242
Technically? Nobody knows!

You can have fucking dragon dongs as reagents. How do you refine them? Do you have to use them to fuck yourself? Pickle it? Maybe make fucking dragon dick jerky. Nobody knows, because literally ANYTHING can be a reagent.
>>
>>52745242
>>52745509
Well, there's got to be a stuffed crocodile hanging from the ceiling, but other than that it's up to tradition.
>>
Anyone have any good ork / ogre art?
>>
>>52727541
It's not so crazy as it sounds, that's happening now. You can get a burger for what, 99 cents? A dollar fifty. Yeah it's a shitty cheap playskool burger but a hass avacado costs 1.50-2.50 at the grocery store.
>>
>>52746648
totally aware of that. On the tv show Shameless, the entire neighbor hood comes together to steal the meat from a truck trailer when it gets a flat.

I wouldn't mind that run though. Stealing shipments sound fun.
>>
>>52745509
>literally ANYTHING can be a reagent.
Not quite anything; there are rough guidelines per tradition, and you can't use anything from a foreign tradition unless you follow Rat.
>>
>>52746699
I need to remember to throw that in for my next campaign. Like there was this thread on jackpoint years ago that made an extremely good breakdown of the ecenomics of food waste and how the situation of shadowrun must be for things to be so expensive (real food wise) but it's always fun to drive home that point to players. Especially since we'll be running in the already backwoodsy burma/thailand area.

Hell, now that I think about it, the pirates and outlaws might actually eat better than normal folk buying their food from local villages and fishers.
>>
>>52746759
You can use stuff from other traditions if you don't follow Rat or other scavenger or resourceful mentors.

You're just getting half effect unless it's something like a bit of Orichalcum that's been shaped into looking like a more common reagent for the tradition.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.