[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 54

File: 1465218031769.jpg (96KB, 440x771px) Image search: [Google]
1465218031769.jpg
96KB, 440x771px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52610614
>Dante's_Bar_And_Grill.ARO
>Soykaf__Nectar_of_Gods_or_Piss_of_Devils.thread
>Hunting_Permit.license
>Juggernaut_Meat.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 394 (23% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, going to the Shack. You want anything?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Foody_Magazine_Exclusive_Test.BTL...

>Cut straight
>Conserve meat
>And never, ever take a dragon's last Schnitzel

Food edition
How and what does your character eat?
Do they subside off of soyburgers?
Do they try to eat real food from time to time?
Or are soy and krill not even considered food by them?
>>
On a scale of:

>Current Year Harlem
>Judge Dread Megacity
>Escape from LA/NY

What are the Barrens like in your games? Do you wind up doing a lot of work there, or is it beneath your runner group to set foot in that area?
>>
>>52649041
Mostly empty, with some smaller gangs strewn here and there, with occasionally a BIG gang that has a lot of firepower
So far my players hadn't had many jobs in the barrens
>>
Hey guys, I'm a fairly new Shadowrun GM. I know how the rules work so that's all good, and i'm comfortable with character creation. But does anyone have any explanation or any links to resources going through how to construct a run? Like building out stuff for a location they rob or have to infiltrate for whatever reason? Do you just kind of drop or make up info during the legwork phase depending on the player's actions?
>>
>>52649349
What edition?
Simple runs or an interconnected storyline?
>>
>>52649373
5e, and most likely simple runs. Probably going to do episodic and one shot type deals. I can manage like gang jobs. Go here, shoot these dudes, etc. But stuff with corporate involvement. Sprit patrols, matrix security, meat security, etc. And obviously all the legwork. Like if it's a skyscraper they're busting into, i'm guessing I only need floor plans for maybe the lobby and the floors in question that holds their goal?
>>
>>52648889
Why does a chicken cost the same as a peach? And also I am going on the assumption it's an entire chicken, based on no specific part(s).
>>
>>52649431
I was assuming a chicken breast, but either way it almost makes sense. Probably easier to just have a bunch of cage raised chickens then try and maintain an orchard outside.
>>
File: Guard stats2.png (24KB, 1903x207px) Image search: [Google]
Guard stats2.png
24KB, 1903x207px
>>52649418
In 4e there is a book called "Runners Toolkit - Anatomy of a Shadowrun" that goes through a theoretical run

>Sprit patrols, matrix security, meat security, etc.
Check Pic related for information on Guards. Generally most places have no or only a few spirits around. For matrix security you need to decide on a host, based on what kind of business it is (IIRC the CRB has a table for that)

>Like if it's a skyscraper they're busting into, i'm guessing I only need floor plans for maybe the lobby and the floors in question that holds their goal?
I'd advise you to make a floorplan of the lobby and a general plan of the floors, which you then just modify for the floors in question. That way when they want to navigate some other floor you only need to change a bit
>>
File: hajimobile.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hajimobile.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>52649041
In my campaign, the players had a base of operations in Yonkers, New York.

Because I couldn't find any lore on anything north of the Bronx, I decided to make the whole of Westchester a Barrens due to all the bullshit that rocked NYC in the Shadowrun lore. Westchester is considered a suburb of New York, but after everything that happened it turned into more of a refugee camp, and it slowly became worse and worse until it became the near lawless zone that it is today. Despite that, It gets better the closer you get to the Bronx and the closer you get to the Atlantic, which means Yonkers is the worst place to live, Mt. Vernon is middle of the road in danger levels, and New Rochelle is fairly comfortable, comparing it to Yonkers.

Due to that lack of law and relative proximity to Manhattan, Westchester has been considered a cheap alternative to the Bronx for many of the organized crime syndicates that wish to operate near-by. For example, there's a Mafia that exists solely on Spindle Rock, and all they do is have international connections that they use to bring designer drugs, deltaware, people (slaves, prostitutes, or just immigrants etc) and a whole slew of firearms into the New York area from Europe and Africa. They only own a single club in the UCAS, but that's all they need, for the rest of their enterprises are elsewhere.

On the Mohawk, there are four 200+ man go-gangs that massacre each other on the Cross County Parkway, which has been lovingly dubbed as "The Cross" due to all of the wrecked motorcycles and vehicles that adorn the road. Three of them are the standard "bikers," but one of them operates like pic related.

There's also two merc companies (one of them founded by the players) that operate out of Westchester that get a reasonable amount of action both locally and worldwide. They're decently popular with the locals due to the fact that they hire locally.
>>
>>52649902
>deltaware
what?
You do know that you can't transport deltaware? It's specifically said to be designed, produced and constructed at the time of the implantation, in a delta clinic, which are hidden and of which only 10 or so exist
And while Deltaware bioware exists it's also said that only standard bioware can be Used, so delta-grade Bioware is useless
>>
5e matrix combat question. Do I need a mark on a device to view the files on it? What kind of action would it be to look/search through the files? They can't just be out there for anyone doing a matrix perception test to see, can they?

And when you do a "Matrix Search" action do you reduce the time it takes if you've got a high initiative(through hot-sim or whatever)? Like if I had a guaranteed 13 initiative thus giving me 2 initiative passes, would I cut the search time in half?

Is it possible/reasonable to play a decker that stays in a safe location instead of being with the group on location?
>>
>>52650059
Honestly that just seems like even more of a stupid thing to keep 'ware players from bypassing the fuckretarded availability rules for 'ware

Do Adepts have to make a 20R check to take Improved Reflexes 3? Then why do Street Sams? I usually houserule it that delta is the manufacturing process used to get ware rather than customed for the person. Makes life easier that way.

>>52650142
>Do I need a mark on a device?
Your persona needs to access the device to look at the files, yes.
Matrix PER once you're inside. Using Hack on The Fly to get in gives you net hits/2 free matrix PER.

Not RAW you reduce the time in hot sim, but a sensible GM can reduce it. Also, use your Agent for Matrix Searches.

Unless you're playing a 1600 karma game the decker will stay in the van. AR decking is awesome but functionally impossible. Staying in the van in hot sim is how you are forced to operate given all the shit the game throws at you to hack a fucking stuffer shack.
>>
>>52650560
>Do Adepts have to make a 20R check to take Improved Reflexes 3?
Does the Sammy need a check to get Standard WR3? No
Deltaware is for the endgame where you have exhausted the options of Alpha and Betaware, and need some other way to make place for more stuff
The Adept may take IR3 immediately. That's it. He may start big, but doesn't have the Variability of the sammy, that might put TONS of augs into himself

To be fair, I play 4e, where the Augment Prices weren't that high. If I were to run 5e I'd make ware cheaper
>>
>>52650560
>Your persona needs to access the device to look at the files, yes.
What kind of action would that be, Control Device?

>Not RAW you reduce the time in hot sim, but a sensible GM can reduce it. Also, use your Agent for Matrix Searches.
Why should I use a Agent for matrix searches?

>Unless you're playing a 1600 karma game the decker will stay in the van. AR decking is awesome but functionally impossible. Staying in the van in hot sim is how you are forced to operate given all the shit the game throws at you to hack a fucking stuffer shack.
That's what I figured.

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate the help.
>>
File: shadowstepper.png (344KB, 594x615px) Image search: [Google]
shadowstepper.png
344KB, 594x615px
Tell me about insect spirits. During the Chicago thing, their appearance in the physical realm - Was that through possession, or manifestation?

I have an idea that the runners find some sort of bug filled facility, but I feel like it should have a mana barrier on it for containment. But a mana barrier stops things from being summoned, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg problem.
>>
Is there anything non-implanted or magical that lets you change your voice in 5e? You have Mission Impossible face masks and smart wigs, but I don't see a way to change voice.
>>
File: voice.png (33KB, 409x132px) Image search: [Google]
voice.png
33KB, 409x132px
>>52650915

Voice Warper

Hard Targets, 187
>>
>>52650954
Doesn't seem to help impersonate people from the description.
>>
>>52650805
No. Once you have a mark on the device, your persona has access to the device. You get that via Hack on the Fly or Brute Force. Then once inside the device you need to use Matrix PER to see what sort of files are inside, and then depending on if your GM uses matrix rules RAW you need an additional matrix PER to read specific files.

You should use an agent for matrix searches because without it you will be occupied for possibly 3+ hours.
>>
>>52650911
Inhabitation. They take over a body and either manifest as a sleeper agent who looks like a human, an abombination half-insect thing, or a true form insect spirit on this plane.
>>
File: Insect Spirits.png (305KB, 948x699px) Image search: [Google]
Insect Spirits.png
305KB, 948x699px
>>52650911
There's a big section about them in Street Grimoire. Starts at the bottom of page 93.
>>
File: 1472557863534.jpg (133KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1472557863534.jpg
133KB, 500x731px
>>52650560
>Do Adepts have to make a 20R check to take Improved Reflexes 3?

Do Street Sams need to climb to mountaintops and meditate for a week with no food or water to achieve spiritual oneness with Allah to get their cybereyes? And then in a few months go on a metaplanar quest to punch out a spirit so they can get some enhancements for their cyberarm?
>>
>>52650954
The "Impersonation" Skill?
>>
>>52651034
>No. Once you have a mark on the device, your persona has access to the device.
Cool thanks.

>You should use an agent for matrix searches because without it you will be occupied for possibly 3+ hours.
Ah alright, so if I can spare the time I can do it myself otherwise let an agent handle it. I assume I should run as many agent programs as I can to get the best result? Also if you do that do you add the number of hits they get together for the final result or just get separate results?
>>
>>52651171
Yes. I have to do that to find the friends in high places tier contact that gets me into the ware clinic and then hope my IDs clear their weapons-grade ID scanners so I don't have to shoot up the place.
>>
>>52651112

Exactly what I needed. And horrifying. Thanks.
>>
>>52651183
Yes. Agent spam is your friend. Spam agents religiously and then remind your GM that the hacking rules are ridiculous enough to force you to do it should he whine. IIRC its just individual results.

Alternatively, buy a decker contact with loyalty 6.
>>
>>52651247
Alright one final question, can you use Edge to get extra dice on an extended test?
>>
>>52651282
read the fucking book
Depends on the GM
>>
What's the Mafia/Vory stance on in-family shadowrunning? Asking for the Made Man quality
>>
>>52651213
>not getting access to high-end clinics as part of the payment for a run

If you're at the level where you need deltaware, and you aren't putting it in as a standard line in your contracts, your cyberskull is probably lead-lined. An adept NEEDS to do extra stuff to initiate beyond earning the karma in a run, a street sam just needs money and contacts he can make through running.
>>
>>52651411
As in, members of the Mafia/Vory doing shadowrunning on the side? Superiors won't mind it, so long as it doesn't interfere with their shit and they might demand a cut of your pay.
>>
File: Russian Milspec.jpg (176KB, 748x1069px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Milspec.jpg
176KB, 748x1069px
>>52651411
Keep your mouth shut about this thing of ours, and be around when we need you to help with a situation now and then, and it's on you.
>>
>>52651505
>>52651513

Yeah i'm asking since Yakuzas view shadowrunning as dishonorabru gaijin bullshit

Thanks!
>>
>>52651525
The traditional Yakuza clans might discourage Shadowrunning among their Lieutenants, but as the runner said, only if you're some idiot who brags about it. Organized Crime cares about traditional until it gets in the way of good business.

I imagine the reformist Yakuza clans care less about that.
>>
>>52652026
>cares about tradition until it gets in the way of good business

Depends on the organization. Some won't touch drugs yet aren't above using carbombs. Other's will chop your head off if your late, yet if you bring a present they will some how give you good boy points.

[spoilers] i talked with a lot of people in gangs, and its really hard to even get into a position where the gang will betray you because they are family. Yet they aren't above testing you. [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1420397120136.jpg (69KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1420397120136.jpg
69KB, 600x900px
>>52649041
The Barrens (Or as they're called in Russia) District 5's are essentially Mega-City One tier. Everyone is left to their own device and the police have a minimalistic attitude toward crime. "Shoot first, don't ask questions."
>>
>>52649041

Somewhere between the second two.

Security/Police don't go there unless there's damn good reason. It's entirely run by gangs (that fight for control.)

Runners visit there pretty commonly, as some corps have realized it's a good place to hide shady shit. Also sometimes they're doing work for the gangs.
>>
Making a character for a 4e game. Is it better to go full Raiden and cut out all the fleshy bits or more subtle things like skeleton Lacing and muscles toners?
>>
>>52653096
depends on what kind of character you want
>>
Just curious if any of you guys had ever played Earthdawn, how was it?
>>
>>52653396
I'm going for a big bad Street Sam, cybernetic superman. The kinda guy who laughs off small arms fire and can put his fist through a steel door.
>>
>>52654329
Okay
first: Do you want to focus on
>being really good at resisting damage
>really good at avoiding damage
>really good at dealing damage
>a mix of those?

second: What kind of Chargen, what resources and what special rules? (E.g. BP 450 with being able to take betaware at chargen and Avail limit of 16)
>>
Hey chummers, what does a drone need in terms of autosofts?
Does it need autosofts to operate sensors? Does it need autosofts to use ECM? Does it need autosofts to use equipment like Gecko Grips?
>>
>>52654648
Autosofts represent the ability to use skills, iirc. Gecko grips just augment a drone's natural contact surface, so it wouldn't need anything extra at all to use them, though you may need to modify the pilot to know that it's capable of new movement with aid from the gecko grips. If you want to get technical, you could get an Autosoft for Gymnastics (Parkour) for a walker that has grips on its feet, like an Ares Cheetah.

Basically, you need 'softs for things like weapons, complex movement, and repair functions. For example, the Evo Proletarian, meant as a garage assistant, comes pre-packaged with a Rating 2 Skill Autosoft for Automotive Mechanic (and a tool kit to match) so it can aid in car repair tests, and autonomously make small repairs and adjustments without supervision.
>>
>>52654648
>>52654741
Found the specific entries.

Check out SR5 Core page 269, and Rigger 5.0 page 127.
>>
Hey, I've literally never played Shadowrun, but I'm interested in it an want to run a game for my friends. Which edition is the best to start with?
>>
>>52656344
SR5
>>
>>52656344
Check out the "How to GM" pdf in the pastebin, and read. If you're super nervous, find some actual play podcasts and give them a listen, to get a sense of how everyone else handles the phonebook of rules.
>>
>>52656437
>find some actual play podcasts
Any suggestions?
>>
>>52656652
Crit Squad is the easiest to listen to, with sound effects and ambiance, but they tend to skip over rules in favor of RP. The Arcology has more of a focus on lore and crunch.
>>
Why is there no full body version of False Face in SR5?
>>
>Homunculi are limited to a weight of forcex10kg
>Homunculi have high strength when cast with any effort
> Microwire is avail 4, 50 nuyen per 100m, you take 8p -8ap just for touching it.
> Should have an object resistance of 9 if looking at the table on pg 295

So the next thing im doing upcoming session is making a 5km microwire homunculus.
with a threshold of 4 to spot things that are micro, plus it still having some sneaking dice......
>>
File: Light Tank_Air Defence.jpg (379KB, 1920x955px) Image search: [Google]
Light Tank_Air Defence.jpg
379KB, 1920x955px
>>52649041
I described the barrens once as "halfway between Allepos current state and the popular perception of Detroit", so probably between one and two
>>
>>52648889
My character grew up on real food, but Rat say to make due with what you have
>>
Are there any active SR Discord servers?
>>
So, I'm going to be running a 5e game using a version of the Ends of the Matrix conversion adapted for 5e, and I'm thinking of removing any VR bonuses to hacking (making all hacking be in AR), as I feel this is more thematic for the version of the SR world I'm running. Are there any foreseeable balance problems with this?
>>
>>52659042
Hackers will have trouble keeping up with people in meatspace because they can't afford to boost initiative high (barring shenanigans with drugs).

This is problematic because it often takes a couple passes to get anything meaningful done in the matrix.

I'd suggest keeping hotsim and coldsim but fluffing it as AR+, they take a -4 and -6 on actions in meatspace for coldsim and hotsim, keep the biofeedback downsides, but also get the initiative boosts.

the -6 should be nasty enough to disincentivize going hotsim for physical speed.
>>
>>52657110
>> Microwire is avail 4, 50 nuyen per 100m, you take 8p -8ap just for touching it.
No you do not. This shit isn't cheap monowire.

It's a Bad Ideaâ„¢ to try to grab microwire while rappelling or hang from the stuff without the proper gloves, but it's not going to fuck you up for touching it in other ways.
>>
>>52660794
Huh, hadn't realized they actually added monowire as a thing in chrome flesh, which gives this argument some merit.

However, i'd say a microwire of any decent amount of strength doing a grapple attack would be similar or worse than hanging off the thing.
>>
>>52660896
Monowire and microwire have been two different things for multiple editions.

No matter how you swing it or what mental gymnastics you bring, you're trying to misapply a damage code that's intended for bypassing armour by cutting through someone's less armoured hands.

>slicing straight through the climber’s hands, inflicting 8P damage with an AP of –8.

Even monowire strung across an area is only 8P, by core 359 (page number will vary by printing) rules.
>>
>>52660997
a 8 str microwire grapples someone with agi+unarmed.

It can lift strx15 times it's weight without making a test (pg 152)

Person is now hanging by microwire.

Now:
Does the initial grapple deal damage?
When the attacker struggles to escape?
When it uses a complex action to deal damage in grapple, does it still deal stun?
How much ap, if any, does it get for the damage in a grapple?

While you could make an argument for RAW, it counts as a standard unarmed grapple with no advantages whatsoever, that just doesn't square with the reality described by the microwire text.
>>
>>52660997
Also, i'd rule that the monowire is still ap-8 due to it probably being one of the many editing oversights. because the alternative is monofilament wire traps only ever dealing stun damage.
>>
What would you say that the minimal investment is for combat-secondary character whose primary weapon is melee? I'm workshopping a Troll Technomancer build, and giving them a baseball bat has some kind of appeal to me (and especially lets me put that base strength to good use). I know that Melee as a Complex Action makes melee costly from an action economy perspective versus just packing a taser, predator, or TMP, and per the 8-10-12 rule I should be throwing at least 8 dice base given troll reach advantages. But I'm tired with packing guns, so how do I make this shit work so that I can at least baseline contribute to combat, or smack a guard over the head and probably put them down?
>>
>>52661403
If you can afford the Resonance loss, take the hit, get a cyberarm (and more if you can either somehow afford alpha grade or took biocompat) and do some minor Arm of Godding with it.

Keep a high rating Machine Sprite with at least three tasks on it compiled. One of those three tasks goes to sustaining Diagnostics for the run's duration (hopefully). One task goes to recompiling it when necessary. The last task is for emergency purposes if you need to Gremlins something or the like.
>>
Okay, question from someone who doesn't know all that much about the setting, but likes the overall premise
Can cyberarms/hands feel?
>>
>>52661672
Unless you're getting particularly crappy omega-grade ones, yeah.

They can feel. You could even (with a simrig) record the feelings and sell those to people interested in, say, knowing what it feels like to walk on hot coals.

And if you were not really enterprising, you could have taken that simrig, recorded once with your meat feet, once with a standard grade set, and then again with an alpha grade set.
>>
>>52661672
Yeah.
>>
>>52661403
Try:
Troll A
Technomancer A
Money C

Get an arm with an obvious cyberimplant weapon, max it's strength, leave agility at base because of avail reasons.

max edge.

Get the positive quality: revels in murder.
Use edge to push the limit when you attack, get it back when you put someone into overflow.

You roll
6 dice from skill
2 from specialization
3 from agility
6 from edge
Optional: 6 from diagnostics power.

for 17 (or 23) dice with exploding 6'es.
Deal 18p + net hits in damage.

Boost initiative via drugs (or edge if you really need it)
Do all hacking via compiled/registered crack sprites.

Has 60k nuyen, some karma, and 7 skill points left to flesh the char out.
>>
Are the Shadowrun novels any good? Could I get some recommendations?
>>
What kind of gun does your character, or characters, carry?
What mods?
>>
>>52662203
A simple rotodrone with a Predator V or Superwarhawk, improved Sensors, and Gunnery and Perception specialties in the Predator and Active Sensor Attack (essentially).

It's surprisingly good against people that expect to be able to roll some defense dice against pistol fire.
>>
>>52661070
>It can lift strx15 times it's weight without making a test (pg 152)
You might allow it; I wouldn't pass animating a 5km long strand of microwire and then saying it's 5km tall and can lift things to "waist" height of 2.5km. The only reasonable way to come at it, I believe, is by cross section of the microwire strand. Above that is Str*5kg, or lifting 40kg without a test.

Also ... this is a teamwork ritual spellcasting test against a force 8 spell with an OR9 object. Which means you probably get skill + skill + magic + edge in dice, but the microwire homunculus gets 25 dice to never become.

>>52657110
>with a threshold of 4 to spot things that are micro
Got that wrong, too. Even monowire is only threshold 3.
>>
>>52661783
Changeling.
>>
>>52661185
If you've never been caught on razorwire; It's not that dangerous. You can cut yourself if you are poorly dressed, but a fully armored character WOULD be able to walk through monowire;

It'd suck to do, but in good armor, wouldn't be super dangerous.
>>
>>52662203
Hammerli 60s, a warhawk and a lemat.

They only have six dice and have yet to actually fire a shot.
>>
>>52663074
I wouldn't lift people up 2.5 km, that would indeed be silly.

To get the force 8 homunculus, use the great ritual metamagic in street grimoir with 7 magic.

Cast homunculus at force 1 as great ritual.
Dicepool to beat is now only 10.

As for the threshold of 4, that depends. do you need the same threshold as spotting a monofilament wire pullen taut across a door?
(which is indeed 3).
Or do we use the perception threshold for spotting (p.136) which notes, threshold to spot "micro" things is 4. ("micro" as in "microwire"? you tell me)
>>
>>52663112
Fr4gile, our elf infiltrator has gone on a run. he has 2 body, and his only armor is the chameleon suit.

Sp!der the corpslave has set up the exits of the building with monofilament wire traps that can be pulled taut when the alarm goes off. this has cost the corp around 10k to get enough wire, but it's worth the price to slice up runners in your web, he thinks.

When Fr4gile takes down a guard and his biomonitor sets off an alarm, he decides to make a run for it, he rols 14 dice on perception to notice the newly taut traps as he runs for the exit but he has no luck, and only gets 2 hits.

Fr4gile proceeds to run full speed into the monowire trap. he has to soak 8p with 11 dice, taking it as stun. He takes on average 4 stun damage. he exits the building at full speed, only slightly disoriented.

Sp!der wonders why he even bothered.......
>>
>>52662203
Colt Manhunter, with the stock holo sight plus a suppressor and a custom grip.
>>
>>52665896
Revolver with a supressor.......
>>
File: Boomstick.jpg (296KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
Boomstick.jpg
296KB, 405x800px
>>52661783
House of the Sun is good, as are most of the Findley ones.
>>
>>52666399
The Colt Manhunter is not a revolver.
>>
>>52666555
Woops, was thinking of the warhawk for some reason.
>>
File: tumblr_odp8l6h0z21skbqqro1_1280.jpg (316KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odp8l6h0z21skbqqro1_1280.jpg
316KB, 1280x700px
>>52666399
I think there's a quote somewhere that the silencers and suppressors in 5e are actually noise-cancellation devices. Sort of like this thingy, but with more practical applications.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv6sBuwzLhk

Also neatly steps around why you can have an integral gas-vent and silencer.

-----

Unrelated news, I need some people to test weird things with adept powers in this version of Chummer; mostly I'm looking for ways to break qi foci, mentor spirits and power costs, but just loading existing characters from the main version and confirming that they load properly in this will be great as well.

https://a.pomf.cat/pqiewh.zip
>>
Can Cyberware Scanners be beaten?
>>
>>52667721
Higher-grade implants, camouflaging illegal gimmiks as an upgrade to legal implants and not being aug'ed up to the gills help.

Alternatively, going bioware.
>>
>>52667888
Doesn't the Cyberware scanner only need a single hit to spot the presence of cybernetics? As for Bioware, I'd love to but False Face is cyber and there's no False Front in 5e.
>>
>>52667937
No, it needs to beat a threshold set by the cyberware's grade. Just beating the treshold reveals the presence of the cybernetics, it needs aditional hits to find the mods.

Let's say for instance you have alphaware cybereyes. The scanner would need two hits to find out you have cybereyes, but 3 or even 4 hits to detect that nasty smartlink inside them.
>>
>>52668022
Ah. I think that won't be viable then, the character needs to be packed to the gills with Ware, and there's no way I can afford to beat scanners.A False Face even at Alphaware is 14R, Retinal Duplication is a distant dream at that point.
>>
>>52668113
And yeah, I know an Adept can do the whole thing a lot more easily as long as they can get the Masking Metamagic and a houserule to Mimic that makes it not shit.
>>
>>52664428
Multiple traps, bruv.
>>
>>52668690
John, our corp wageslave, is wearing some armor because he thinks some shadowrunners might assasinate him. this 3 body 3 strength human is wearing berwick suit + argentum coat with gel padding (17 armor total)

The shadowrunners spend 10k setting up multiple monowire traps and the mage creates an elaborate illusion to scare the wageslave into running into all of them in succession (somehow....)

He takes 8s x5 times, soaking with 20 dice.

This elaborate trap, taking great effort, spending multiple thousand nuyen on the most advanced materials possible.....

Might have a chance of knocking john unconscious. but probably not.
>>
File: Delet Snek.jpg (48KB, 399x311px) Image search: [Google]
Delet Snek.jpg
48KB, 399x311px
>>52668783
>wageslave
>with Berwick and Agentum

If wageslaves in your game can drop ¥6,000+ on a custom-tailored suit and coat that are always 'near the height of fashion', we're playing very different games.
>>
What's the most cyberware you've ever seen on a character?
>>
>>52669212
I'm playing a campaign with effectively 1600 karma if you use a 'ware character to correct the imbalances of 'ware. We also removed the restrictions on 'ware. Naturally I took biocompatibility and cyber-singularity seeker

Let's see how it went.
>Full betaware limbs/torso, attachments I can recall off the top of my head
>>9 STR/AGI
>>15 cumulative Armor
>>Digitigrade Legs
>>Implanted Cyberdeck
>>Attention Coprocessor
>>Large Smuggling Compartment
>>Small Smuggling Compartment

More cyberware
>Bone Lacing 3
>Datajack
>Some other stuff
>Fiberoptic hair

and the Bioware
>Synaptic booster 3
>Reception Enhancer (whatever that doohickey is that lets you ignore the AR multitasking penalty)
>Cerebral Booster 2
>Pain Editor
>Platelet Factory
>Adapsin

There's something else I'm missing I think

I spent a solid 8 hours optimizing the 'ware money cost and essence costs, ~1.2M in 'ware, .5M deck, 0.1 essence, 100% mundane

Ends up being able to AR deck and do melee combat at the same time which has been my dream forever, worry about pissing off my GM with the armor tankery + pain editor though
>>
do you guys have a discord or something like /5eg/ do?
>>
>>52671077
It's been floated, but it's just not a good idea.
>>
Would jury rigging a memory sword to a collapsible staff make a good scythe or, alternatively, polearm?
>>
>>52671341
No, buy the collapsing Spear you fragger.
>>
>>52671399
Well that makes way more sense
Where are the stats for that?
Using the sr5 wiki
>>
>>52671534
Hard Targets
>>
>>52671534
>Using the sr5 wiki
READ
THE
FUCKING
BOOKS
>>
>>52671549
Well, i have quite literally no money, so where can i download them?
>>
>>52671592
READ THE FUCKING OP
and anyway
DON'T GIVE CGL MONEY
>>
Hey /srg/, I've got a few questions for you. I'm joining my first Shadowrun game soon (4e 20th anniversary edition I believe) and need a little help. I've decided on trying a hacker (we aren't using Unwired) and the GM and his brother helped me make a character. Problem is two-fold.

First, I have about 5000 nuyen left over to spend and I'm not sure what to spend it on. Any advice? I've got all the programs and commlink and essential jazz so this is sorta the left over "fun money". What should I be buying and what book should I check for it?

Second, while I've played the video games and know a bit about the setting, I'm not super in-depth about the setting and am unsure how to portray a hacker well in RP terms. Any advice? I don't know where in the setting we'll be, so if location is relevant I guess I'm out of luck. I was thinking about an ex-corp hacker who's still learning the shadows and how things work but I don't know if that's too cliched or anything. Advice?
>>
How bad is "distinctive style" if the campaign is full pink mohawk?
>>
File: character description.png (52KB, 1862x251px) Image search: [Google]
character description.png
52KB, 1862x251px
>>52671682
Get yourself a PDF Printer, print to PDF and then post it here

Secondary: Your concept should work, but we need more about him. Check pic related for a good way to describe a character. And yes, where you are has a nonzero impact.

>>52671770
>pink mohawk
>NOT having distinctive style
>>
>>52671341
There is actually a collapsible scythe page 183 of Hard Targets.
>>
>>52671904
>Get yourself a PDF Printer, print to PDF and then post it here
Sadly, the excel file I have for the character refuses to open in OpenOffice, so I'm not actually sure how to even view the sheet the GM built for me (we did it while talking it over, I made the choices other than gear). I'll see what I can do though.

>Secondary: Your concept should work, but we need more about him. Check pic related for a good way to describe a character.
I'm thinking that he's recently ex-corp, so he's got a little bit of office drone vibes about him, a meek and quiet guy off-line. Probably slouches a bit, wears lots of grays and browns, doesn't speak loudly or with authority. In the Matrix, completely reversed, he's loud, in control, and powerful. He knows what he's doing and he's damn proud of his skill. He's good enough to have a customized commlink installed into his head and that gives him a lot of pride. He just doesn't display anything off-line since he's used to the tallest nail getting hammered down, so to speak.

As for his goals, he wants to lay low for awhile and stay out of the way of the corp he used to work for (not sure who that is yet, probably depends where we're at). I figure he went dark after a bad incident at work and he decided going sinless was the best thing to do and hope they thought he got killed in said bad business.

He's also well trained in basic firearms (I think he has a 4 in the firearm skill, I forget what it's called). Not sure how to work that in honestly. Maybe he trained up in case the corp comes calling? Feels weak to me. Advice? Would it make sense for a corp hacker to have weapons training?

>And yes, where you are has a nonzero impact.
I'll ping the GM, see what I can learn.
>>
>>52672198
>excel file
what?
Get yourself Chummer, recreate the character in it, print it and then post it here

>(I think he has a 4 in the firearm skill, I forget what it's called)
Anon, there are about 6 firearm skills, which one do you have?
I'd recommend getting Automatics, a SMG with smartgun mod (I'd personally recommend the SCK Model 100 for 750 nuyen) and some glasses with a image link and smart link
Then you just go suppressive fire (uses 30 bullets, exactly what the SCK has) and you roll 6 dice, which means that on average the enemies will need to succeed on a REA+EDG(2) test to not be hit for 5P

And just fluff it as a hobby, to vent some steam in real life.
>>
>>52672465
The GM has some insanely complex Excel file full of macros and things for the character. I just got it working and it's complex as fuck, boxes everywhere. Not a fan honestly. What is Chummer and where can I acquire it?

Yes, it's Automatics, just checked. GM recommends the Ares Alpha automatic rifle, says its basically the best rifle around. Is this true?

Also, location is Seattle.
>>
File: 1449431793463.gif (211KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1449431793463.gif
211KB, 480x320px
>>52672542
>gm's homemade excel sheet to manage chargen
You're exiting the optimal 'chute deployment altitude, anon.
Your altitude is dropping below safe levels...
Deploy your parachute!
Anon!
Pull the fucking ripcord, anon!~
>>
>>52672667
It has a credits page, it appears to be from the Dumpshock forums? Does the name Autarkis mean anything to you? That appears to be the originator of the sheet, then like ten other people got involved with it.

In any case, I found Chummer 4 and am working on recreating the sheet now. Somehow I'm off by 4 build points, I'll figure it out though.
>>
>>52672542
>What is Chummer and where can I acquire it?
Since you seem new to this I'm gonna link you directly
>http://www.chummergen.com/
It is a god send

>GM recommends the Ares Alpha automatic rifle
ehh, it is a nice rifle, problem is
a) it's 12F which is forbidden, unlike the SCK which is 6R and thus only restricted. You can get yourself a license for the SCK, but not for the Alpha
b) it has a 42 bullet magazine, which may seem better, but since you have only 4 dice (6 with Smartlink) in your automatics pool the best you can do is suppressive fire which consumes 30 bullets.
So with the alpha you either carry magazines with 12 bullets with you after SF or you have magazines with 30 bullets loaded. In either case you can only use 1 SF per magazine anyway
c) it has a conceal modifier of +10 compared to the +4 of the SCK. Combined with the Forbidden rating it means that they will see your weapon and they will need a hefty bribe
d)Cost wise you pay 1700 for the alpha and just 750 for the SCK
>>
File: 1484842956948.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1484842956948.png
75KB, 680x433px
>>52672542
>What is Chummer and where can I acquire it?
You'll find a link to Chummer in the OP, it's basically a standalone EXE with all you need to create a shadowrunner and make a character-sheet. It's constantly being updated and patched by Yekka who posts in these generals, so problems tend to be quickly solved.

>GM recommends the Ares Alpha automatic rifle, says its basically the best rifle around. Is this true?
Statistically, it's about as good as it gets with high accuracy, high damage and an underslung grenade launcher. That said, since you're a Decker and not the main combat-asset of the party you shouldn't feel at all obliged to only go with the most optimal weapon available. Full-Auto weapons will let you contribute most with suppressing-fire, but even a few handy bursts will throw some extra damage around and help your streetsam out.

Personally, I'd recommend also getting a Machine Pistol, since there will be times when you won't be able to get away with carrying an SMG or assault-rifle without drawing unwanted attention.
>>
>>52672774
chummer, he said 4e in his first post
>>
File: 2435.png (102KB, 327x405px) Image search: [Google]
2435.png
102KB, 327x405px
>>52672774
Aw shit, my bad.
>>
>>52672743
and I just look'd it up
Suppressive fire only takes 20 bullets, so point b) falls away
>>
>>52672791
He's in luck then, it was originally a 4e project.
>http://www.chummergen.com/
>>
>>52672913
chummer, see my post >>52672743
>>
>>52672743
Thank you sir for the link, I found it on my own but your kindness is well appreciated!

>>52672774
>>52672743
>Ares Alpha
So, it sounds like I should go with something else instead, something smaller and easier to conceal. I was informed that I could buy up to 12F items for this game, but perhaps that's wrong? I'll probably drop it and go with the SCK instead as well as a machine pistol as recommended. Any good ones?

Also, a question about Chummer 4: is there any way to add my cyberware to the sheet somewhere? I don't see a tab for it or anything. Also I'm not sure how to customize my Commlink and Operating System, both of which the GM customized for me and I'm given to understand are VERY important for a hacker (or is it decker? 4e has no decks as I understand, which is strange, I liked the idea of decks).
>>
>>52672743
okay
I just reread the whole Suppressive fire part
Just noticed that you need full Auto to do suppressive fire
Fuck

Replace the SCK in my posts with a Ingram Smartgun X: Can do FA, costs less, similar conceal modifier, same damage, more RC, slightly bigger magazine AND STILL 6R
>>
File: 1425790956330.jpg (456KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
1425790956330.jpg
456KB, 620x877px
How much of a person's mind can a Personafix replicate and dictate?

Could a personafix 'restore' someone who's had a frontal lobotomy?

Could a specially prepared personafix chip hooked up to a modified Skilljack and Skillwires suite take control of someone who's just suffered catastrophic brain-damage (such as what you'd expect from being shot in the head) and move/act with their dying body for a short amount of time?
>>
>>52673038
>I'll probably drop it and go with the SCK instead
see >>52673064

>I was informed that I could buy up to 12F items for this game, but perhaps that's wrong?
you are not wrong, you just need to remember that F items are, well, forbidden. With a R in the availability it means that as long as you have a license you can carry it
F means that it is always forbidden

>is there any way to add my cyberware to the sheet somewhere?
The "Cyberware and Bioware" tab? at the to of the screen? if you don't see it make a screenshot and post it

>Also I'm not sure how to customize my Commlink and Operating System
Gear-> Add Gear -> Commlink Upgrades/Commlink Operating System Upgrades
>>
>>52671545
>>52672126
Is hard targets in the core rulebook pdf?
>>
>>52673157
>see >>52673064
Got it.

>F means that it is always forbidden
Understood. The lesser gun it is. What about machine pistols? Any good ones?

>The "Cyberware and Bioware" tab? at the to of the screen? if you don't see it make a screenshot and post it
I'm retarded, I meant my matrix programs (still learning all the lingo). Figured it out, took a hot minute though, I'm a little slow and was drunk when we built the character. Still not sure what everything does, but I guess it's all important to have.

>Gear-> Add Gear -> Commlink Upgrades/Commlink Operating System Upgrades
Sweet, found it. Working on gear now.

Also, is there a handbook for Matrix combat or something? I don't actually own the rules in hard copy so I'm not sure how to do the thing (in-game) I'm literally designed to do.
>>
File: 1467938989752 4e matrix.pdf (240KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1467938989752 4e matrix.pdf
240KB, 1x1px
>>52673248
>Is hard targets in the core rulebook pdf?
What?
No, I don't think a Core book contains other books, chummer. The Core in core book means something different

>>52673285
>Also, is there a handbook for Matrix combat or something?
In the OP pastebin is a link to 4e info sheets. Also there's pdf related
>>
>>52673285
>was drunk when we built the character
bad idea
as previously said, once you are done you should print it to pdf and post it here so we can look over it
>>
>>52673248
Also, is hard targets 4e or 5e?
>>
>>52673352
Yeah I'm getting that now. I'll definitely be posting it here. There's a few Matrix programs that I'm missing in Chummer that the GM had noted down: Corrupt, Disarm, Nuke, and Purge. Are these not in Chummer?

>>52673319
>In the OP pastebin is a link to 4e info sheets. Also there's pdf related
Oh my. That looks a little complex. What did I get myself into here? Shoulda played a street samurai, probably (and would have if we didn't have three already or something).
>>
>>52673382
5e

>>52673391
I was already wondering whether or not you are
>an autist
>a masochist
>both
for wanting to be a hacker as your first character
>>
>>52673391
>Corrupt, Disarm, Nuke, and Purge. Are these not in Chummer?
they are from Unwired
maybe your GM allows only the programs from UN?
>>
>>52673414
>I was already wondering whether or not you are
>>an autist
>>a masochist
>>both
>for wanting to be a hacker as your first character
Try a retard. Basically, I like rounding out party roles and I was the last guy invited, so we didn't have a mage or a hacker. The other guy picked mage, so hacker it is.

>>52673439
>they are from Unwired
Ah. That must be so. Is there a way to enable them in Chummer or is it core book only?
>>
File: 1399784132283040.jpg (63KB, 550x596px) Image search: [Google]
1399784132283040.jpg
63KB, 550x596px
So I'm going to join a street level 5th Ed. game and I got a idea in my head but have trouble on how to make the character viable. I want a brawler PhysAdept who utilizes a lot of martial arts from Run & Gun.

Method is Sum-to-10 with no A priorities.

Currently I'm thinking of:
Metatype - C (Ork)
Attr - B
Magic - B
Skills - D
Resources - D

Will this make for a decent character?

Any general tips for what powers I should get? As for martial arts I'm probably going to go with Karate, jujitsu, muay thai, maybe boxing brawler.
>>
>>52673453
Tools -> Options
in that window you can choose which books you allow. Better save your character beforehand
>>
currently looking through the 5th edition folder on mediafire, which books do i need besides the core book? there's a lot in there
>>
>>52673499
Technically you only need the core book to play the game, just like you technically only need one leg to run a marathon
Technically possible but very tedious and not recommended

It mostly depends on what you want to play
And if you are the GM: Tough luck, you need to read all of them
>>
>>52673476
Anybody have the martial arts doc?
>>
File: hacker.pdf (255KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
hacker.pdf
255KB, 1x1px
>>52673491
Ok, here he is. I got pretty much everything from the old sheet, minus an item I couldn't find (Auto-Injectors for the drugs) and a few mods on the drone. No character info yet. How terrible is this guy and what does he still need?
>>
>>52673659
Auto-Injectors as a Cyberware are under Bodyware, in clothing they are in the context menu for that piece of clothing -> Add Armor Mod
Most mods are in arsenal

Now to your sheet
A few things
>Get BOD and WIL to Odd numbers, instead of the Armor Vest get Armor Jacket
>Why is your INT only 2?
>WIL 2 means a shitty defense pool
>Get some kind of initiative enhancer, if only Cram or jazz
>why so few knowledge skills?
>unless you jump into drones a lot you don't need gunnery
>your biggest dice pool is 8, that's bad. You should have 12 dice minimum in what you are primarily doing
>what do you need infiltration for?
>Pilot ground 4, for what reason?
>Pilot Watercraft 4, FOR WHAT REASON?
>Con 2, why?
>Why do you have a sim-module AND ANOTHER SIM MODULE?
>Why the truck? Don't you have a rigger for this?
>Chummer, you do know that you need a Commlink OS, do you?
>Why have that many programs at 6?
>Fake license for the Smartlink but neither gun

Chummer, what are you-
>4 doses of Kamikaze
AH, I get it!
This is a joke character, right?
To test printing, right?
>>
File: 1490925868755.jpg (349KB, 1467x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490925868755.jpg
349KB, 1467x1000px
Pros and cons of 5e vs 4e please.
>>
>>52673659
Oh and:
>Fake SIN (283902286)
I'm pretty sure that's not a common name
>>
>>52673889
I thought SINs were numbers, so I made a long number. Are they names? Cool.

>>52673866
>>Get BOD and WIL to Odd numbers, instead of the Armor Vest get Armor Jacket
I lack the points for increasing attributes further.

>>Why is your INT only 2?
>>WIL 2 means a shitty defense pool
See above. Also I was informed 2 is basically fine.

>>Get some kind of initiative enhancer, if only Cram or jazz
Ok.

>>why so few knowledge skills?
Because I have no idea where they come from or how to get them? Again, working on no book and only one drunk evening of making a character.

>>unless you jump into drones a lot you don't need gunnery
I was told that since I am also the rigger and have a drone, I need gunnery to use it well.

>>your biggest dice pool is 8, that's bad. You should have 12 dice minimum in what you are primarily doing
How do I get anything better? Isn't my pool for matrix stuff like 12 dice?

>>what do you need infiltration for?
I was told sometimes we'll go places in person and sneaking will be necessary.

>>Pilot ground 4, for what reason?
>>Pilot Watercraft 4, FOR WHAT REASON?
Rigging purposes. Also I think that's supposed to be aircraft.

>>Con 2, why?
Same as above.

>>Why do you have a sim-module AND ANOTHER SIM MODULE?
Because it was on the other sheet and I don't know what they do? I'll drop the other one.

>>Why the truck? Don't you have a rigger for this?
No. I am also the rigger.

>>Chummer, you do know that you need a Commlink OS, do you?
I have one? Novatech Navi, 6/6.

>>Why have that many programs at 6?
To be good at hacking. That's what the character is for.

>>Fake license for the Smartlink but neither gun
Hey, that's a good point. Forgot those. Will acquire.

>4 doses of Kamikaze
>AH, I get it!
>This is a joke character, right?
>To test printing, right?
No, it's a real character. The drugs were recommended by the GM, to assist in combat situations. Again, working with no book and no knowledge whatsoever, so I'm running on suggestions.
>>
>>52673992
Get the relevant book(s) from the pastebin in the OP.
>>
File: kamikaze.png (203KB, 814x324px) Image search: [Google]
kamikaze.png
203KB, 814x324px
>>52673992
>I lack the points for increasing attributes further.
distribute the points, the 2 armor you get are not worth the missing Stun track

>Also I was informed 2 is basically fine.
Ehh, not really, your initiative is INT+Resp, and you resist with WIL+Biofeedback Filter

>Because I have no idea where they come from or how to get them?
What does your character know? and in chummer they are below the Active skills. IIRC you get (LOG+INT)*3 free knowledge skill points

>Rigging purposes.
Ehh, Rigging and hacking don't have much overlap

>and I don't know what they do?
Chummer, when you look at the stats of it in chummer, on the right side, at the bottom you see a thing named "Source:"
This says where it is in the relevant book

>The drugs were recommended by the GM
>to assist in combat situations
Chummer, YOU ARE A DECKER
NOT A SAMMY
A DECKER
YOU DO NOT FIGHT ASIDE FROM USING SUPPRESSIVE FIRE
also see pic related: Even Kamikaze won't do much and afterwards you take 6S, which with your Stun track of 9 will most likely get you unconscious
>>
File: 003e59dc5efd751089134bbb0f98feb7.jpg (611KB, 1200x1772px) Image search: [Google]
003e59dc5efd751089134bbb0f98feb7.jpg
611KB, 1200x1772px
>>52673871
From the "How To Into GM" in the pastebin:
>Generally, 5th edition is the most popular, because it’s the latest edition. The matrix overhaul can be confusing, but is generally preferred to 4th edition. It also starts players at a lower power level, but favors magic slightly (there are ways around this, discussed below in Rules). Most of what is covered in the document will be relevant to 5th edition, but not much has changed.
4th edition has more of a high tech feeling,with the starting power level of players about on par with a well-trained soldier. It also has all of the supplement books out, and the matrix system makes hacking viable for most characters (whether this is good or bad is your choice).
>>
>>52674227
But I thought a decker was meant to deck people!
>>
>>52674227
I cut a bunch of skills, increased INT/WIL/REA to 3 each and EDG to 4. Got rid of a few items as suggested, bought licences for the guns, got the jacket, did some knowledge skills (he's shaping up to be some kind of /k/ hacker dude), lost the drugs (still can't find the auto-injectors anyway).

Debating about the rigging stuff. If I lose it, I can gain...what? It's a place to sink some money and lets me do stuff with the rest of the team, which is nice. And having a wheeled death drone seems fun. We have literally no one else doing anything tech related either (we have a sniper/shotgun guy, a physical adept, another street sam with a sedan who's the driver, and a mage). I guess I could drop it, but what do I take in its place?
>>
Hoi, chummers. Is there an official map/floorplan for the ACHE?
>>
>>52674318
A Rigger is more of a secondary role. You're spread a little thin as it is, so cutting out the Rigging will let you actually be a capable Decker.
>>
>>52674318
>EDG to 4
Ehh, with Edge you either go big (Edge 7/8) or go small (1/2)

>still can't find the auto-injectors anyway
Auto-Injector Cyberware is in Augmentation (which you really should take)
Auto-Injector Clothing mod is in Arsenal (which you also should take)
Really anon, we need to know what books you guys use to be able to advise you

>lost the drugs
Just replace Kamikaze with Cram or Jazz
>>
>>52674418
The books allowed are Arsenal, Runner's Companion, Augmentation, Unwired (Kind of?), and the 4e core book.

I guess I can lose the rigging. What do I replace it with though? I've got all the hacking gear at max as far as I can tell.
>>
File: Weed Whackers.pdf (106KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Weed Whackers.pdf
106KB, 1x1px
What do you guys think of my run prep so far?
>>
>>52649041
>what are the barrens like in your games

pretty much fist of the north star. Low level gangs that need dispersed by punches
>>
>>52674676
pretty gud
>>
>>52674676
as an addendum: how difficult is this run? Because 4500 nuyen isn't much if most of it will be needed to complete the run
How much do you estimate they will need to spend to finish this run, and how difficult will it be to achieve the bonus conditions?
>>
>>52674945
How difficult is the run? Entirely depends on their approach. If they get tied down in a firefight, shit could go south in a big way, but if they're quick or clever, the security shouldn't be much of a threat.

>bonus conditions
break the fountain
don't kill too many people
ruin the flowers too

Not too hard
>>
File: 1488637774102.jpg (54KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
1488637774102.jpg
54KB, 622x621px
hold me /srg/ because i sure am rustled

>finally get my friends to play shadowrun with me
>i'm fucking ready, i have only some very minor doubts but i can tackle chargen out of memory
>we start an hour ater than intended because one of us isn't here and i can't leave him behind on the explanations
>they're all new so i'm just showing the manual pdf on a screen and making stops at each step so i can explain and they can pick stuff up and we can all do chargen together without any major issues, having discussed this with them prior
>tell them specifically and repeat many times to write everything from chargen outside of the sheet on the auxiliary blank pages they have and to copy everything to the charsheet at the very end, they all agree
>start chargen
>one of them has issues understanding the fucking priority table
>everyone gets it but him
>understands after going over it like 3 times
>we continue
>they have issues understanding how skill groups are handled
>they don't understand knowledge skills either
>you know where this is going, this repeats every two steps of the way
>we finally get to equipment after what felt like an hour
>we're halfway through getting guns and shit
>one of the players gets up and says he has to leave
>>how come, dude? we had agreed on a time and we're still like two hours short
>>>what can i say, man, i gotta leave
>the rest continues with the equipment for a while but we decide to continue next meetup so we can wrap up chargen and start
>6 weeks pass in which i can't make these 4 persons meet up
>two of them live together, the other two are always eager to play
>finally find a timeframe in which everyone can play
>decide to meet up a specific day, everyone agrees
>two eager players are excited to finally play again
>the other two are mia
>reach one of them myself the day of the game 3 hours
>we can't lul

i dropped the group at that point

cont.
>>
>>52675098
>i dropped the group at that point
well Buddha, that's entirely your fault
most normal people would have dropped it earlier
>>
>>52675098
the two excited players are still pretty excited to play if i'm still up, but one of the other two is acting like i was acting petty when i dropped the group, he's a close friend and i damn well know that if i start another shadowrun group and don't include him and my other friend who lives with him he's gonna get offended on a personal level

most of you would say "just stop being friends with him" but it's just not a choice here

i really want to continue GMing shadowrun but i can't even hold a 4-people group together and i really don't want to make a text-based online shadowrun campaign because i dislike online pnp and it kinda kills the reasons why i play ttrpgs in the first place

and if i get the group again and tell them to organize so we can actually play because i actually want to play with them i'm gonna look like a fucking child

whatever direction i take this in, i'm in the losing side

what the fuck do i do?
>>
>>52675176
You tried talking with the no-shows about why they aren't showing up?
>>
>>52675176
>would get offended on a personal level
>hasn't shown in 7 weeks

He doesn't really have the right. I wouldn't stall a game for 2 months for someone, good friend or not. That's a lot of time wasted for everyone else.
>>
>>52675199
I did, all I got was something around "well, things come up sometimes"

Which is understandable, but also frustrating

More frustrating because of the fact that they didn't even tell me they couldn't until the last moment when we had already planned and agreed to meet up a certain day at a certain time
>>
>>52675176
make a two player high power campaign
or make it a two player campaign with a DMPC (e.g. mage, sammy and a hacker/decker GMPC)
>>
>>52675236
>TWO BROTHERS
>IN A VAN
>>
>>52675235
Do your buddies have a history of poor attendance with other shit?
>>
>>52675235
Sounds like they're either a) children or b) dicking you around.
It's probably both though.
>>
>>52667937
>Doesn't the Cyberware scanner only need a single hit to spot the presence of cybernetics?
That's a MAD scanner.
>>
>>52675162
Honestly, Shadowrun's biggest problem is that you need to be able to hook people on the world to the point that they ignore the clusterfuck of mechanics. Say what you will about Anarchy's shitty mechanics, you can use it to get people interested in blasting a cop with a fireball after twenty minutes of rules explanation and character creation.
>>52675176
I'll lay a solid bet that the guy who flaked decided that the game wasn't going to be fun due to the density of the rules and didn't want to cause an argument.
>>
>>52675303
one of them has a tendency to just not show up at other games we've both been invited with no explanation, but we were playing at his house this time

>>52675312
they just don't take anything seriously most of the time, even when doing so means not giving a shit about a friend
this guy has been helping me out a lot and he's still one of my best friends despite this but FUCK

>>52675349
that's a very high chance of being the cause - he was complaining about how much shit there was to understand about this game on chargen (this is the same guy who didn't understand the priority table - and i didn't mention it, but also how the stat minimum and cap worked)
>>
>>52675349
>you can use it to get people interested in blasting a cop with a fireball after twenty minutes of rules explanation and character creation.
>>52675377
Seriously, didn't you use Chummer/Chummer5?
>>
>>52675404
ignore that first part
>>
File: lady_by_majora28-d40dqj6.png (735KB, 700x841px) Image search: [Google]
lady_by_majora28-d40dqj6.png
735KB, 700x841px
>>52675377
Play without the roomates.
What's the other option?
Cancel the game because they don't want to play and it would hurt their feelings if anyone else had fun?
>>
>>52675404
I would've used chummer5 if they would've agreed to read the chargen rules and if they had laptops available, two things that just wouldn't happen

I had to take the manual approach because that way I would be able to explain everything to everyone in real time at the same time - plus since it's a very low campaign most of the equipment autism wouldn't take place besides maybe one dude's cyberarm

Chargen in shadowrun isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be when it was explained to me if you don't delve into the amount of autism you can achieve with it, so I didn't really mind - but I guess it's too fucking much to ask if someone has issues with priority tables and understanding what 1/6 means on a stat

>>52675442
they're very close friends to me so i kinda DO care about their feelings if i leave them out - specially since one's absence is a direct byproduct of the other one's inability to commit and i would be fucking her over
>>
>>52675459
>someone has issues with priority tables and understanding what 1/6 means on a stat
Is there a reason you play with the mentally disabled?
>>
>>52675459
IF they're close friends of you, they should be able to handle you doing stuff without them. Leave an open invitation, let them come if they want to, but have your game nonetheless.
>>
>>52675491
That's actually a pretty good idea
I hadn't really taken it into consideration to be honest
>>
if I made an infiltrator named Jimmy DeLocke how bad do you think my party would hate me?
>>
>>52676356
They won't get it and you'll be frustrated.
>>
>>52676356
Do your best Jimmy Durante impression while you're at it.
>>
>>52666942
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24596.0

So I guess we now know why everything was originally listed as 'provisional'.
>>
So what's your guys' opinion on the current fluff compared to the old fluff, deckers or hackers? Jackpoint or Shadowlands BBS? Technomancers or Otaku?
>>
File: 1455896851603.jpg (960KB, 2048x1339px) Image search: [Google]
1455896851603.jpg
960KB, 2048x1339px
>>52677959
Yeah, it all had to go through the Hardy boy's approval and the shifter changes got vetoed. Goodman sulked about it a bit on Reddit, I think.
>>
Does anyone have pics of more unusual cyberware?
>>
>>52678379
deckers were the coolest motherfuckers

I want a skateboard shaped computer
>>
Would you guys say you prefer black trench coat or pink Mohawk runs, purely for fun.
>>
do you guys all play with friends, or online?
>>
>>52678379
New stuff could be good, but CGL just keeps pounding away at SR like the franchise owes them money - and not in a good way. Just reaming the writers, the final product, the later errata, etc to skim profits.

Rewinding to the 50s is just a good idea to avoid stepping in more recently made (ongoing) setting mistakes with both feet. I don't think you can really avoid system mistakes entirely.
>>
>>52680898
pink trenchcoat

>>52680916
with friends IRL
>>
Is bone lacing worth it?
>>
>>52682553
I prefer black mohawk myself.
>>
Hey guys, i'm running a game for some friends soon and haven't done a lot of the prep. I'm fairly new to running shadowrun, so what are things I need to consider for constructing aspects of the run?

My run is essentially that the johnson(some form of corp dude), wants a person extracted from a prison/institution for the criminally insane. So what are important aspects for the facility? Matrix security, a corp mage even? Perhaps for subduing the inmates mainly, but also some spirit support?

Would a facility like this be too much for my player's first shadowrun experience?
>>
>>52683122
A mental facility would likely have a number of guards armed with a lot of stun guns/batons to subdue violent inmates. The inmates probably wouldn't have special protection, unless they are high value. The facilty would probably have a decent but not too great spider. I don't imagine there would be mage support, nor mage inmates. They'd probably be shipped to specialised institutions.
>>
So Rigger 5.0 drone mods rule still completely broken in chummer huh
>>
>>52683372
That makes a lot of sense about the mage inmates. I spose it's not super bad as a first run then, lots of nonlethal stuff. Except till the HTR arrives then.
>>
>>52682553
>>52683092
DESU runs of paranoia and overplanning punctuated with complete ridiculousness are the best
>>
>>52678379
I consider 4e fluff to be some fine stuff. But after that I haven't found a wink of fluff from 5e I can appreciate. Crash 2.0 will still probably be my favorite event.
>>
So i played shadowrun several years ago. I played 4e and liked it lore and mechanics wise. Im thinking of trying to pick it up again. Is 5e worth my time mechanics and/or lore wise? Bonus points if it has expansion books like streetmagic from 4e (learing about magic spirits basically being gods of other planes on the other side of astral space was sick as hell)
>>
>>52675236
This, if the 2 players are invested in the game then it can be a lot better game than if you have 5 players with 3 not giving a shit about what's going on
>>
>>52684280
The most carefully-laid plans still end up with 'runners crashing through a skylight while "Kickstart My Heart" plays.
>>
>>52683404
Hm?
>>
Two questions:

1) Is there anything to plug into a closed system so a Decker can access it?

2) What's the best pistol to carry for taking people out non-lethally?
>>
>>52684878
yes, via a datajack and a wire, alternatively there's a deck mod for it

the 9s(e) stun taser i forget the name
>>
>>52684631
nvm
It got stuck on the first mod it was on before
So if i typed armor and clicked add it would be stuck on acceleration and add it instead
It works fine now for some reason
Using the latest version
>>
>>52685170
Thanks for the response. Is there a way for the decker to access something remotely? Like if someone on the team has access to the hardware?
>>
>>52684451
4e is still valid and there are groups for it, but most people are trending towards 5e. I think most of the important supplements are out by now except for the fabled technomancer book. There's Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells for Magic, Chrome Flesh for cyber, Data Trails for hacking, and Rigger 5.0 for, well, Rigging. Hard Targets and Run & Gun for combat. Run Faster for everything else. Market Panic is the major fluff book. All in the pastebin.
>>
5e Matrix combat question: How do you knock-out/kill someone with biofeedback damage? If you brick their device you can't continue to attack them since it shuts off and they suffer dumpshock, but page 229 seems to imply you can:

>Usually, if you fall unconscious in VR, your commlink
>or deck automatically switches you to AR. If you’re linklocked, you remain online and in >VR. IC typically doesn’t care whether its target is conscious, so it will probably
>keep attacking you.
>>
>>52685323
If you grant him ownership or three marks on the device iirc he should be able to do that through the device

make the decker get out of the van though

>>52685890
Biofeedback affects your persona's physical condition monitors. Matrix affects your deck's matrix condition monitor. To knock them out, you have to use an attack action with blackout, which deals nonlethal biofeedback damage. When they are knocked out they will suffer dumpshock assuming you haven't linklocked them. If you want to kill them, just use raw biofeedback. Remember agents are stupid so if you link-lock someone they will keep attacking until the icon disappears(read: person dies)

so, ie, if you attack a persona with biofeedback/blackout, it affects their persona outside the matrix. If you attack their persona with just a raw, no strings attached data spike, it simply deals matrix damage to their device and will dumpshock them. If you want to specifically kill someone in the matrix, they have to be in VR and you have to be using biofeedback, or link-lock them and then use blackout.
>>
>>52685890
The device getting bricked sever the connection and the decker/rigger suffers dumpshock. The only one at risk of ever dying from biofeedback are technomancers who don't have a deck/rig that conveniently serves as buffer between them and the hazards from virtuaspace.
>>
>>52666942

>Load up MysAd
>Force 4 Qi Foci that gives +2 Unarmed Skill isn't showing up
>Delete all powers and unbind foci to start over
>Attempt to re-bind foci
>crashes

I'll try a new MysAd just to see if it's something with the legacy of the character or something in the program
>>
File: elfadept.gif (2MB, 525x294px) Image search: [Google]
elfadept.gif
2MB, 525x294px
>>
Alright runners, help me out in fleshing out my run, hopefully a 2-session street level run at most. What would your strategy be?
>set in 2070 LA
>friendly runner they pulled out of a hotzone last week is hospitalised, and offers them a job he was planning on doing this week
>The runners’ objective is to sabotage an expensive Simsense Mem-Edit Chair, a studio-grade set of apparatus designed to enhance realism
>the idea is that instead of corrupting the emotional response of an actor by editing the thing he's reacting to, you edit the memories inside their head, and adjust the simsense accordingly
>the target is owned by a small porno studio currently working out of floor 7 of a crowded archaic office block, since property prices have skyrocketed since the floods
>their insurance doesn't like that, and is bringing their contract to a close, with the new insurer only able to inspect the premises and begin their contract two days later
>that's the time you've got for the run
>and don't fuck around removing a single part that'll take 100 nuyen to replace, you need to frag this thing permenantly
>runner mate made contact with an engineer who'll teach you how for a bribe, or for a promise to snag him a particular part from the chair
>in addition the runner tells you that an upcoming title "Troll on Dwarf: Can she handle it? Episode 34" will be utilising the chair

It's a fairly mediocrely defended building, but the lifts are watched and the stairs have cameras. Coming in through the underground car park is a possibility, since defences there are automated. If you want to steal the chair, it's got a 2k-3.5k fence price, but a 24k retail price, and the fucking thing is heavy and bolted to the floor. What's your first idea for a plan?
>>
>>52687197

Couple notes.

I added Improved Ability (Unarmed Combat), and at first it wouldn't let me rank it up past 1. After setting up the proper attribute/skill investment in the other tabs, it lets me set it to 6 properly. I'm not sure if that's RAW.

I like the note where it tells you what the action is for powers, as well as the removal of the "Adept's way" checkbox. Thanks for these.

Foci Math seems to work out. I like that it filters what powers can fit on it based on the rating of it now. Good Feature. Small bug though: The "binding" box becomes unresponsive if you check and un/check it and then attempt to re-bind. Not only that, if you go and delete the power purely granted by the Foci (For example, Critical Strike (Unarmed) then trying to remove/readd causes problems - unresponsive, and/or asking you what power to assign to the foci when you're UN-binding it.
>>
>>52649418
Pro tip for corporate jobs, the only ones who wanna tango with another corp A or higher is a corp.

Therefore, think like a corporation.

People are replaceable and wealth is disposable, therefore the main things a corp cares about is it's self image.

Stocks are won and lost over the perception of a corporation, so don't have them kill a manager or torch something, have them subtly slander the corporations image. Steal a prototype commlink and spoof the key generation, now you can post fake reviews over the link, or better yet, feed it to a hacker org so they know security flaws before it even hits shelfs.

Remember, this is the only reason shadowrunners exist, denyable assets, so don't just have the party do something akin to breaking a window, have them be a piece in a brotherly war that lives in shadows.
>>
>>52687405

Runner A infiltrates and does something minor to the chair that can't be fixed by the people. Because they need to repair it due to upcoming use, they'll call a contractor to repair it.

The rest of the team takes the place of the contractors and purposefully sabotages it further. "It's fragged, we need to take it to our shop overnight, we have the parts there."
>>
File: 1488837453379.jpg (318KB, 1084x827px) Image search: [Google]
1488837453379.jpg
318KB, 1084x827px
What are the broad differences between running in Seatle and running in CAS?

What's the biggest source of information for CAS and its goings-on?
>>
>>52687405
Face shows up for an interview, gets a brief tour, leaves ultrasound sensor tags inside.
The night the policy ends, sniper enters a suitable building within a 1km radius and uses the ultrasound data, a Barrett Model 122, and an APDS round to render the chair permanently inoperable.
>>
>>52687405
Unprofessionalism.

Health code violations.

"Noise complaints"

The answer is simple, insurance works because a individual puts up a premium dependant on the risk of the thing they're insuring. Therefore if the perceived risk increases premium above the threshold they can afford they go out of buisness.

And after they are probably on the verge of breaking down crying you go for the finishing blow. The new chair won't turn on, and the panel is sticky...with a open can of cola conveniently open with a dried puddle of beverage.

They go out of business and all it cost was harvesting a few condoms, dirty boots, and a can of soda.
>>
Does Shadowrun have some sort of beastiary? Or do I have to make the antagonists with the same character creation rules as the PC´s? For exaple using the Face build for an Mr. Johnson.
>>
>like 5e
>hate 5e's setting
>5e version of the 2050 rulebook is still german-only with no english version on the horizon

fucking
>>
>>52689297
what edition?

>>52689422
streng dich an und lern deutsch
>>
>>52689422
Check the SRR Hong Kong book, it has 5e 2050 rules
Also lern Deutch, chummer
>>
>>52689505
5th Edition.
>>
>>52689297

Read the OP, use the pastebin, look for Howling Shadows in particular.

Closest thing there is to a bestiary, but for metahuman npcs, just write down their applicable skills, spells, ware, and armor. It'll make things go faster than trying to stat them up like a PC.
>>
File: 1419878922055.gif (2MB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1419878922055.gif
2MB, 200x151px
How do Corporate SINs work in terms of where you can and cannot go? If I have an Saeder Krupp SIN for example, what parts of the world am I considered allowed to be in?
>>
>>52690701

Anywhere Saeder-Krupp has the force of arms to say you can go, or good relations with the controlling interests.

Are you allergic to looking things up yourself?
>>
File: 1461681568337.jpg (22KB, 439x598px) Image search: [Google]
1461681568337.jpg
22KB, 439x598px
>>52691001
I checked the SINner quality and the fake SIN section in the corebook but I couldn't find the relevant information in either part.
>>
>>52691170
So you have trouble thinking and extrapolating then, good luck in Shadowrun.

A SIN is like a visa, it's your passport, papers, legal identity in one. You can only go places where people from your organization or country are on good terms with. And for the love of God, be sure to get a fake SIN if you're gonna be a runner.

Your questions are showing that you're not even taking the time to look into the game's setting or doing any research on your own. Generals are not for spoon-feeding.
>>
>>52691265
Nigger how would you even know? You don't have any games you're in.
>>
File: nch7icXvfz1r456rw.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
nch7icXvfz1r456rw.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>52691265
Alright mate, take a breather. You don't have to be rude over a question.
>>
>>52691474
Says you.
>>52691512
Stupid questions don't have to be asked either.
>>
>>52687773
Guns are way more common. Weapons like the Ares Alpha and the Barrett wouldn't be illegal, even explosives would be pretty lax considering i know people with fucking mortar tubes that launch fireworks so who the fuck knows what they'd allow.
>>
>>52691569
No such thing as a stupid question anon!

Just stupid people.
>>
File: tumblr_n1kq9dPh5P1qhttpto4_500.png (526KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1kq9dPh5P1qhttpto4_500.png
526KB, 500x652px
>>52687197
>>52687413
Cheers, I'll look into those and see what's going on.
>>
http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/apple-disney-acquisition-rumor-1202029827/

So we have the megacorps coming; now where are the cyberlimbs and nonsensical indian blood magic?
>>
>>52689699
One thing to note about Howling Shadows. You'll have to look in earlier editions for actual descriptions or images of most of the creatures because it has an absolute minimum of effort put into it.
>>
>>52692311
World is pretty close to getting effective replacement limbs. The barriers at the moment is nerve-feedback related to sensation and fine motor control, and price.
No clue about nonsensical indian blood magic, though.
>>
>>52673127
I don't see how a personafix would allow someone who's missing their frontal lobe to keep going. The chip gives you a new personality, it doesn't make your brain irrelevant.
>>
>>52673606
In the pastebin.
>>
Does the concealment power work on sensors?
>>
>>52684326
>I consider 4e fluff to be some fine stuff.

What's life with traumatic brain damage like? 4e had some decent stuff at the beginning, but it ran right off a cliff halfway through the run when all the writers starved to death.
>>
>>52687389
I would
>>
>>52692747
What book is it in?
>>
>>52687389
I'd let her put me in a choke hold.
>>
>>52692747
>>52692889
Nevermind, I found it. There's several interpretations. You could make the argument that sensors aren't using perception but electronic warfare. I'd ask your GM for local interpretation.
>>
>>52692961

I am the GM. I have a player that's considering playing a Pixie.

But if that's the answer, I think I know how I'll handle it
>>
>>52693030
Kick him now.
>>
>>52686101
>If you want to specifically kill someone in the matrix, they have to be in VR and you have to be using biofeedback, or link-lock them and then use blackout.
That's the problem though, most people have a greater stun/physical damage track than they do a matrix device track,the device would fry before you could do enough damage to kill them.

>>52686389
>The only one at risk of ever dying from biofeedback are technomancers
This is what I assumed from reading the rules text, but the line I quoted here >>52685334 seems to imply otherwise.

That only thing I can think of is that running the "lockdown" program to link-lock someone also temporarily prevents them from being dumped even though their matrix device is bricked?
>>
>>52693030
>>52693051
Seconding the veto here.
Shits broken and usually picked up by players looking to be mechanically abusive.
>>
>>52693030
I'd give the player the benefit of the doubt, but grill him about the character concept.
>>
>>52693214
That's kind of by design, though. Rather than brute force you way toward killing a decker in the matrix, stun them and track down their meatbody with the kits you no doubt now have on their deck. They'll be too tired to fight and deckers don't usually have great physical skills anyway. Also, have you considered the dumpshock placed on a person after getting their deck bricked? They probably won't even be conscious.
>>
>>52693051
>>52693488
>>52693511

He understands the problems with powergaming. He actually quit the game because his other character was a finely crafted killing machine that was utterly fucking boring.

My rulings would be: Concealment does not work on sensors (It's altering the perception of people around you. If you want to trick a camera, use invisibility.)

Vanishing only occurs on death (Or burning an edge on what should be a death)

I've played around in Chummer and I find the character less mechanically offensive potential than some of the other abominations I've seen cooked up in the past.
>>
>>52693690
Seems like a decent guy, and you've done your homework. Let it slide. I'm more a pink Mohawk guy myself so I like playing with all the weird role playing oppurtunities the sixth world provides.

Still haven't seen anyone play a naga though.
>>
File: Aquatic.pdf (34KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Aquatic.pdf
34KB, 1x1px
Working on a decker for a game, could use some input. It is karma gen. Basically I've got this feeling that I'm maxing 'em too hard, but know that the gm tends to overshoot his estimations on roll needs. "The three guys have blue defenders, with the leader carrying a transys avalon." If I'm expected to beat walls of 10+ dicepools on the regular, I can't in good conscience vary too much even if I'd prefer to have more stealth and social ability.
>>
File: red_by_simonweaner-d5fa2o5.png (973KB, 1200x579px) Image search: [Google]
red_by_simonweaner-d5fa2o5.png
973KB, 1200x579px
>>52693935
Gain or lose 1 Will, you get boxes on your stun track at odd numbers.
>>
>>52673992
>I thought SINs were numbers, so I made a long number. Are they names? Cool.
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/System_Identification_Number
>>
Favorite SIN names /srg/?

My personal favorite is any sexual innuendos.
>>
>>52695531
I go with super white middle class names
>>
>>52648889
My GM got lazy about food. One of our player is the type who insists on getting real food only so he just decided every single restaurant had real bacon, eggs and coffee available

For my guy, anything that looks and taste like seafood is good enough so he gets a lot of processed krill
>>
My character is a strict vegetarian unless they buy the still living animal and butcher it themselves.

Doesn't stop them from being almost pure evil.
>>
>>52695531
Thean Tagonist
Jimmy DeLocke
>>
>>52648889
what does krill even taste like
>>
What are good names for an american-irish mafioso?
>>
>>52697319
Ryan
Patrick
Sullivan
Reilly
Donnell
Connor
>>
>>52697319
Patrick "Packer" McReary.
>>
When's the new book come out?
>>
File: bop.jpg (585KB, 900x1464px) Image search: [Google]
bop.jpg
585KB, 900x1464px
Does the Vashon Island Sleeping Tiger count as full-body armour for the purposes of the Securetech PPP? Trying to stat up pic related.
>>
>>52698843
I would count it as such, yes. Sleeping tiger is good enough on it's own already.
>>
>>52698484
What new book?
The tarot one?
IIRC it's still in the Kickstarter phase
Technomancer book?
never
>>
>>52699047
Not that guy, but: The Infected one.
>>
>>52699103
Another one?
>>
>>52699117
Have they released the Infected only, nothing else, book already?
>>
>>52699103
neither it, nor the blood magic, nor the trog book
>>
>>52699186
What about the book with actual cutting edge augs in it, instead of the same old from the last 20 years and extrapolations of wageslave cyberware?
>>
>>52699216
Augmentation?
>>
>>52699238
Functional brain-case cyborgs, cybermancy, essence anchor cyberware, exoware, bioware suites, smart material cyberware, etc.
>>
>>52699297
that's what I said
Augmentation (4e)
>>
>>52699317
Yeah, no. Doesn't have even half of it.
>>
>>52699345
in that case: tough luck
don't think that CGL is going to do any of that
>>
How is the pastebin on MRP?
>>
>>52699624
MRP?
>>
>>52699778
Most Recent Printing.
>>
5e question: How much do I have to pay to create/repair something? The info for it is on page 145-146 but it makes no mention of the cost involved.
>>
>>52700273
Last time I checked, repairing a drone was something like 1% of the drone's total cost per hit box and crafting cost depends on what you're trying to build/improve.
>>
>>52700605
Any idea where that info is?
>>
>>52700643
Probably in the errata of some kraut rules version of a book hosted on a site that may not still exist, like most relevant minor rules in the game.
>>
>>52689297
Howling Shadows is the beat thing 5e has to a Monster Manual. Some of it is a little silly, though, and they come across a lot more as suggestions than actual occupants of the world. I'd recommend homebrewing any unique creatures you want to play with, if nothing in the book matches your needs.
>>
>>52700273
Rigger 5 has expanded rules for repair. To create something? You have to ask your GM, since the creation rules are in SR5 exclusively to shut people up about them, they aren't useful.
>>
>>52691569
Chummer, let's not pretend for a moment that the 5e source material isn't obtuse, open-ended, and generally ineffective.

Getting all the relevant information out of the books is a test of patience more than a test of reading comprehension.
>>
>>52700605
Repair is 5% of the total cost per Rigger 5
You can repair without cost at -4 per box you want to repair. So first box is -4, -8 for second, -12 for third and so on
>>
>>52701503
Damn, that gets expensive fast. Does this cost also apply to repairing cyberdecks? Cuz that would be insane
>>
>>52701822
There are spare parts for that, they're relatively cheap.
>>
Is there anything like a Trauma Patch that you can put in an Auto-Injector?
>>
File: mackie token glitched.png (175KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mackie token glitched.png
175KB, 200x200px
Making Roll20 tokens for my players.
Thought a fractured/glitched effect would be cool but after seeing it I'm not sure it's worth the hit to readability. What do?
>>
File: mackie token split color.png (175KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mackie token split color.png
175KB, 200x200px
>>52702415
Circular token for reference.
Damn these needs some cleanup around the bottom.
>>
>>52701822
Matrix damage is free (for everything).

Now physical damage may be at the same price, but in general if somebody's able to shoot at your deck and hit it, they could have hit you and probably gotten better results.

The distributed deck being the exception, but that's already a pricey, dangerous option.
>>
>>52702415
>>52702433
Try the glitched version as a background, with the stable clothing in the foreground.
>>
>>52702395
There's two medical drugs in Bullets & Bandages that do that iirc, Crash and Hemosynth ? Can't verify in phone atm.
>>
>>52702415
That's a pretty cool effect, how'd you do it?

>>52691909
Yekka I noticed 2 items are missing from Street Grimoire, "Magecuff" and "Magemask". Info for them is on page 215 and 217
>>
>>52702530
Will require some masking to do what I think you're suggesting, but in the mean time it yielded a nice color blocking effect.
>>
>>52702595
Thanks.
>>
>>52702875
>crop portrait down to a circle
>duplicate layer
>layer 1: turn off green channel, drag left
>layer 2: turn off red and blue channels, drag right
>merge
>select horizontal strips and drag them left/right as desired
>>
>>52701822
The devs don't know anything about economics and want you to play magicrun, whether intentionally or due to their catering to deckerfag grogs, news at 11
>>
File: 1489952728691.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1489952728691.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>52703954
>magicrun
>implying we have it easy

As a mystic adept, I always need more and more karma. The hunger just never stops.
>>
>>52703954
Chummer, everyone is aware that Awakened are generally superior to mundanes, you don't need to rant each time someone mentions something that shafts a mundie.
>>
I'm also pretty sure that the only real times that you're going to need to do money costing repairs to a deck that doesn't also involve you getting shot is if you were to pay extra to have it built into a vehicle. And in that case you spent +20% for reasons not immediately clear to me.

And the only cases where you need to pay for repairs while getting shot at involve either making it a weapon (+50% cost!) or the distributed deck, which is a set cost of 10% (and has a 10% markup). And in both of those cases you were probably already taking Phys, so you're in danger to more than your somewhat ill spent pocketbook.
>>
Is there a way to get your social skills to key off Logic? I had an idea for a hacker/face character who was good at lying and negotiating, not by being charming or clever, but because he's read every book on the subjects of being good at it a thousand times over. If they encountered a situation outside of the scope of the books, they'd be aboust as charasmatic as a week-old dead fish that's been frying on the tarmac
>>
File: What Are You Going To Do.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
What Are You Going To Do.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>52699624
Pretty good. Don't think there's anything out of date, atm.

>>52699297
When we take out the stuff that is explicitly impossible or at least so far advanced that bringing them in breaks the game (cybermancy, essence anchor cyberware), stuff that exists but not in the way you want it (brain case cyborgs made of all replacement limbs), and stuff that would break the game (exoware), there's only a few things to go. Bioware suites make sense, though I don't know if the rules for making your own suites already cover bio and cyber versions.
>>
>>52705169
Have you particularly noticed people having good social skills from reading books?
>>
File: Minmaxing.png (35KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Minmaxing.png
35KB, 360x360px
>>52705169
This >>52705215. Reading all the books in the world won't help if you don't practise. Though the Sixth World equivalent of reading The Secret or one of those pick-up artist books is getting a branded skillchip, which works for the concept by giving you the skill but none of the natural charisma.

Alternatively, Master Debater from Cutting Aces lets you use Logic instead of CHA for Diplomacy checks.
>>
>>52705349
There's also the Profiler quality from Data Trails. It fits the theme of the "Smart Face"
>>
File: 1485346560014.png (1MB, 939x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1485346560014.png
1MB, 939x1056px
>>52705645
True, though that's kinda the opposite of what anon seems to want - instead of someone who learned the rote responses and falls apart when confronted with something out of the ordinary, it's someone who is good at handling specific people because he studied them personally (though he does still suck at the unexpected).
>>
File: 1369386205895.jpg (41KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1369386205895.jpg
41KB, 723x1023px
>>52699297
>brain-case cyborgs

I have a plot lined up to reintroduce this, because I am too huge a fan of GITS to have such an insane idea disappear.

Mechanically I don't think I'd be ready to offer it to the players, but doing something like "Reduce essence to 0.01, but remove all other essence costs."

I know that 4e included some caveat that it gives them an expiry date of like 6 months but goddamn that's stupid.
>>
File: Thomas Roxborough.jpg (15KB, 196x279px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Roxborough.jpg
15KB, 196x279px
>>52705825
If you're going to bring it out, have it be Roxborough's work. Guy's spent like 20 years as a brain in a jar, he deserves a break.
>>
>>52705889

Huh. I was actually going to have Evo or something come up with it, but I was unaware of this guy and Aztech's interests. Will adjust accordingly.
>>
>>52706063
And added bonus, he's totally crazy because minds cannot exist in mechanical forms. So that's something else to work with.
>>
>>52706123
>because minds cannot exist in mechanical forms

Is there an official source for this in Shadowrun?

I believe the human mind is more flexible than the game wants to give it credit for.
>>
>>52706227
Roxborough is the prime example, as are the various cyberzombies. Man & Machine is an old sourcebook with lots of info on it.

The human mind in our world may be capable of living in a jar, but in the Sixth World we need biological components to stay whole. E-ghosts think like humans and think they are humans, but they are not the same as the people they were copied from. SR has firm ideas about the Cyborg of Theseus.
>>
>>52706227
>>52706475
There's also some specific stuff in Stranger Souls about Tommy, the uptake being that his mutated brain is spread all over his jar and incapable of being reassembled and scooped into a body. It's fine, though, he's gotten really good at Miracle Shooter.
>>
>>52706475
>The human mind in our world may be capable of living in a jar
That remains to be remotely provable and is likely just a nerd fantasy, in our world too.
>>
>>52706933

If you look at some of the more ridiculous situations the human mind adapts to, it's a stretch but not impossible.

If the alternative is being a vegetable or being a brain in a jar with a functional but prostetic body, I think that it'd be possible.

Note: I am not saying the person would be in perfect mental health, but to think they'd be completely psychotic is a bit much.
>>
>>52706986
Tommy doesn't have a body; he's a blob of flesh that communicates entirely through the Matrix.

I don't know if he can even jump into drones, because he doesn't have a control rig. I guess they rigged up some kind of DNI for him to go online.
>>
>>52707047
I'd imagine his flesh blob is surrounded by a trode net of some sort to enable DNI.
>>
>>52708110

new thread
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.