[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 37

File: Image (15).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (15).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Thanks for the mana rocks bro edition

PREVIOUSLY: >>52665124

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you run infinite combos, or do you shy away from them? Does it depend on your group?
>>
>>52681367
One guy in my group whines about combos, but the rest of us just ignore him.
>>
>>52681367
I always keep at least one infinite combo in my decks; but I won't use them unless someone else is using one or to spike the football when I'm going to win without it anyway.
>>
>>52681367

It depends on the deck, but I have a few purposefully shy of infinite combos just to say that I can win without them.
>>
File: 1486514864909.jpg (31KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
1486514864909.jpg
31KB, 700x494px
>>52681367

I just realized my brother is my groups That Guy. He plays U affinity then when we ramp up artifact hate he says were all just butthurt and we should get cards that are more versatile.

Fuckkkkking -A.
>>
I intentionally avoid any deliberate infinites in any of my EDH deck. I feel that comboing out diminishes the fun somewhat of the format (at least for me) and also leads to deck power levels escalating out of control.
>>
>>52681367
not a fan of infinite combos but it's okay once it's clear the person would win if the game continued as is, like the miracles player with top+balance and nothing else going on but have the opponent completely locked out and topdecking
>>
>>52681367
Depends on the combo, if it takes less than 5 turns is not fun, after that sure. At least everyone got to show their cards/decks.
>>
Depends on the deck, I would say. Ultra try hard turn 3 infinites are pretty gay. If someone manages to go infinite when the game has dragged on for 90+ plus minutes sometimes Im even thankful for it.
>>
File: 1466596656818.jpg (24KB, 325x305px) Image search: [Google]
1466596656818.jpg
24KB, 325x305px
QUICK WHAT ARE THE BEST TOKEN GENERATORS IN JUND I NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>52681367
My breya deck is combo central but I reserve them for late game as a way to wrap up the game instead of just early turn kills. Also my combos kill my opponents so nothing like a disk lock.
>>
>>52681602
Krenko, if you're in a shatter gang deck
>>
I run Kikki + ZC in all my red decks but I just really like the cards and don't actually combo with them unless I need to. I also avoid tutors as much as possible so if my deck does run an infinite combo I can't just tutor for the other part when I draw half of it.
>>
File: 1480412281431.jpg (79KB, 611x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480412281431.jpg
79KB, 611x482px
>>52681602
Prossh
>>
>>52681701
Do you find that it makes it hard for you to convince people that you're not a threat if they know you have those in your deck?
>>
>>52681787
I've had both out at once and used Kikki on ZC to steal another permanent, they know that I don't like to combo with them. My decks are pretty solid so I get a bit of focus anyway, but I don't think the combo has much impact on it.
>>
>52680587
>You do realize

You do realize starting your post with the words "You do realize" makes you seem like a tremendous douchebag? In fact you have the telltale characteristics of an insufferable blue playing autist. Never ever reply to me again, especially if you just want to make some inane, irrelevant point about mana burn
>>
>>52681937
>>52680587
>>
>>52681937
Holy fuck that's a lot of butthurt. Here's a (You) to heal the wound.
>>
>>52681602
That depends, do you want reliable tokens or many tokens? What are your synergies? Are you going Big Mana?

Goblin Offensive is pretty solid if you can pay a massive X. If you mass goblins, Krenko will do a lot. Krenko's Command/Dragon Fodder will of course do a lot of good work.

Bitterblossom makes tokens that are slightly higher quality but not so much that you feel bad about sacrificing them, and after a two mana initial investment it does so for free every turn. If you just want a sudden injection of sacrificial bodies, I'm partial to Sengir Autocrat. If you keep bodies on the field, Sprout Swarm is always an option.
>>
File: Oath of Lim-D?l_IA.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Oath of Lim-D?l_IA.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Lim-Dul confirmed for joining in Gatewatch
>>
>>52682138

Thanks for the advice. I'm building an artifact-centric shattergang brothers.
>>
>>52682241
Plot Twist: It's Lim-Dul's trapped spirit that makes the Chain Veil so Powerful/Evil, and he actually will join the Gatewatch after successfully hijacking a Planeswalker body to do so with.
>>
>>52682257
Then include Hammer of Purphoros and Mirrorworks. Tamiyo's Journal is also playable
>>
>>52682288
He's inside Gidlet, who dies in trials and Lim-Dul reveals himself, turning into white magic with the power of friendship and becomes white Jace
>>
What kind of deck produces the most salt in 1v1 EDH? Mono U control?
I want people to start sperging out in the store.
>>
>>52682369

Lots of groups hate instant-win combos and infinite loops. Try that.
>>
>>52682369
In competetive 1v1? There should be no salt.
>>
>>52682369
Just play a tuned Edric list, since it sounds like you're not using the Duel Commander rules. Nothing pisses off the casual babbies more than getting time walked four times in a row.
>>
>>52682352
He's Raven man.
>>
File: 1482191449376.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482191449376.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>52681937
>>
>>52682429
What game is this
>>
>>52682491
Oblivion
>>
File: Harvest-Season.jpg (26KB, 228x319px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest-Season.jpg
26KB, 228x319px
>Search for up to X basic land cards from your library and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. X is equal to number of tapped creature you control.
>>
>>52681367
>Do you run infinite combos, or do you shy away from them? Does it depend on your group?

I don't think they should be the goal of my decks, but I usually include one or two so that I can close out a game that goes on too long. Usually in the form of infinite mana combos, but I sometimes add a combo that outright kills just so we can end it. It's mostly to put a clock on durdley pillowfort players who sit and do nothing. I don't use combos that drag out the game though.
>>
>>52682507
is just rampant growth on t2 with a dork
is amazing late game to get more mana and seriously thin your deck of like 10+ lands
>>
>>52682507
>landfallintensifies.png
>>
>>52682507
>>52682521
is there something like inspiring statuary for convoke?
>>
>>52682507
Did this really need to be rare?
>>
>>52682288
Double Secret Plot Twist: He hijacks a woman just so Wizards can claim they have a Trans character in the Gatewatch
>>
>>52682408
This. Edric is pure value, and in 1v1 he's completely one-sided advantage.
>>
>>52682507
Neded to, say, cost 2 more and have convoke.
>>
>>52682541
I'd love that because Wizards attempts at "diversifying" the cast usually end up being hamfisted and hilarious to the point of almost outright mocking the minority group they're trying to represent. I think it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>52682537
It's possible it was too stronk in limited at uncommon.
>>
>>52682537
A multiple card tutor is fairly complex.
>>
>>52682605
I don't think it's complicated at all. I think it's how often they wanted to have it come up in limited, which is basically no but it isn't mythic worthy.
>>
>>52682654
I don't think that's the case at all.
>>
>>52682678
maybe because it makes the player shuffle?
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/new-new-world-order-2013-04-01
>>
>>52682756
NWO only effects commons.
>>
File: 1492008779339.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492008779339.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>52681367
>Do you run infinite combos, or do you shy away from them? Does it depend on your group?

3 of my 5 decks are infinite because of the group I play with are tryhard spikes who only find fun it being as brutal as possible. But they immediately change to timmy if you remove their wincon. I hate my group and I want new people
>>
File: Lifeline.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeline.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52681367
I slot one infinite combo in most of my decks just to get out of boardstalls. I don't really love using them, since it doesn't always feel like I did anything aside from stumble into the right pieces.

Sometimes the game just has to fucking end, though,
>>
>>52682821
does that mean the creature has to be in play when it goes into the graveyard or at the end of turn
>>
>>52682875
first one
>>
>>52682899
Thats a really solid card for a Mikaeus deck
>>
>Copy and paste a Jhoira deck because I want to get back at two other guys for playing some unfun shit
>Do typical Jhoira bullshit, including getting a bunch of fucking annihilators pushing in everyone's shit by turn 6
>No one is having any fun, not even me
Is it possible to have a semi-competitive Jhoira deck that doesn't rely on Eldrazi? Swinging with shit that has annihilator by t4 just feels bad. I'd like to make her into a more spellslinger-type deck, but I'm not really seeing how I could make it viable.

Also, I find it odd WotC has called suspend an overly complicated mechanic for new players to grasp, then went and make a starter deck with her.
>>
>>52682567
Everything WotC does delights me on some level. There is such a strange combination of good design, poor taste (? or something). I have 30% shit taste in everything and my balance/motor skills fail at around the same rate - I cannot help but sympathize with being fundamentally incapable of not fucking up a good chunk of the time.
>>
File: cascadingcataracts.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cascadingcataracts.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
this seems okay.
>>
>>52683120
That does seem ok.
>>
>>52682369
R burn
Zurgo is a plague
>>
>>52683120
I think it could work in tron or commander but it's shit anywhere else
>>
>>52682549
Play derevii instead, and wait for the hate
>>
>>52683120
Oh spicy lords of magical christmasland, my memnarch deck can turn 5 colourless into 5 blue. That's a degenerate card, get em while the gettin's good.
>>
>>52683120
perfect for 5color
very unsure if this is going to be used at all in standard
>>
>>52683176

I don't think tron will want it.
>>
>>52683204
Well it's still useful for color filtering but yeah i admit it's still pretty shitty even in tron
>>
File: j5vjrqhz59ry.jpg (30KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
j5vjrqhz59ry.jpg
30KB, 265x370px
How do you guys like it?
2 cmc 4/3 that only requires you to discard a card.
Cant you activate spells you are going to discard on the stack?
>>
>>52683120
>Taps to Filter
It's nice but not so much amazing? Like, for four or five colors I don't see it not being an autoinclude and it might even make the cut in 3 if there's a decent amount of going big with colorless in the deck. But it can't replace Gemstone Array for transforming an infinite colorless combo into infinite anycolor, which is something I'd really like to have.
>>
>>52683244
That's great for standard but it's shitty in commander. There are far better discard outlets for equal or less mana.
>>
>>52683244
>Cant you activate spells you are going to discard on the stack?
What the FUCK are you talking about? Madness? No, seriously, did you get brain damage?

That card's probably going to go places in 20-life formats, but EDH is the kind of place where Tarmogoyf is rarely worth including. Mana-Efficent beats just aren't worth it, especially not at the cost of card disadvantage.
>>
>>52683244
>Cant you activate spells you are going to discard on the stack?
Are you retarded? Don't randomly mix actual game terminology together.
>>
>>52683120
I like it for the indestructible clause. Other than that, it's not that much of a card, unless you play many colours
>>
>>52683268
>That card's probably going to go places in 20-life formats
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>52683244
What? You mean that can you cast the spell you discard? You can't, unless it has madness. That said, that card is garbage for EDH, you don't want vanilla beaters no matter how cheap they are.
>>
>>52683302
It's a really efficent beater, Modern and Standard aggro/midrange decks are made almost exclusively by efficent beaters.
>>
>>52683302
RDW decks, Stompy decks, and Madness cards are things.
>>
>>52683302
>implying it's not gonna be a thing
Do YOU have brain damage?
>>
>>52683120
Amazing for the jin-jan eldrazi that was talked about last thread.
>>
File: 1412716088600.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1412716088600.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>tfw you finally get your Silent Blade Oni + Sword of FaF + Aggravated Assault combo through

Nothing like making someone watch you cast all their spells before you remove them from the game.

Casting Boundless Realms in Grixis will never not feel incredible
>>
File: hipster hulk hogan.jpg (47KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hipster hulk hogan.jpg
47KB, 1024x576px
None of you fags gave me feedback on my deck last thread so I'm posting it again

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-sixth-praetor/
>>
>>52683716
>Cookie cutter Ezuri

wow dude that sure is a collection of thin cardboard arranged together into a pile of 100 I'll give you that
>>
>>52683661
I've been failing to get anything out of Mindleech Mass for ages, I really should pick up Silent Blade Oni.
>>
>>52683748
Thanks for giving me what I asked for at least, despite you being a fag about it.
>>
>>52683776
I run both because the deck is built around effects like that (combat triggers I mean not just stealing spells), they just need protection. Darksteel Plate, Mask of Avacyn, Swiftfoot booties, even Kira the glass spinner.

Imagine Silent Blade Oni and Wrexial buffed with Savage beating, casting multiple spells for free from both the hand and graveyard. That's the Imperium of Man type of Battlecruiser this deck aims to be.
>>
>>52683716
Add Cultivate&Kuldama's Reach, Triumph of the Horde, Awakening Zone&From Beyond
>>
I played Saskia for the first time and realized something... My playgroup is a bunch of assholes. Multiple times I was poised to kill two people at once by swinging out at one, and every single time the person I was swinging out at scooped out of spite so the other guy could attack all-out at me now that I was tapped out. Shit sucked.
>>
File: 1345121821297.jpg (14KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1345121821297.jpg
14KB, 253x238px
>>52683939
>When two people always refuse to attack each other no matter the board position
>>
>>52683852
Hey are you the Nicol Bolas deck guy? I remember your deck, all sorts of funny combat triggers.

>>52683716
It's a standard deck, I mean you could try and find room for Triumph of the Hordes. Also nice tech with Watcher of the Web.
>>
>>52683939
So is quitting a state based action? Does it negate the stack like Time Stop?

I've never had anyone scoop in that situation, seems like it would be a "Yeah you're not coming back to the playgroup" kinda thing but maybe I just play with decent people.

>>52683969
I am that guy yes, though the deck hasn't much been updated in all the time I've had it. Taking cards out is like pulling teeth.

One shotting people with a double striking Nicol Bolas that buffed mid combat by Necropolis Reagent is just so good. Whenever it delivers it delivers so hard I can't help but not care it doesn't work a lot of the time.
>>
>>52683939
>Playing Bosh years ago
>Another player spends the entire game attacking me despite other people having scarier commanders, ends up getting me into the single digits
>Eventually get a Hellkite Igniter, equip it with Loxodon Warhammer and swing at him for 60~ lifelinking damage
>He scoops before it connects
>Die before I get another turn
I hate those players with a passion
>>
>>52684016
>Taking cards out is like pulling teeth.
I copied your list on Forge and tried tinkering with it because the idea sounded interesting and yeah, it's hard to take cards out. It's decks like yours that sometimes makes me wish decksize in EDH was 150 or something like that.
>>
>>52684025
The few that show up at my LGS are the worst. They're always scowling and never look like they're having any fun, even if they're winning. They usually play stax or hardcore control decks and start whining and complaining when anyone is playing an aggressive deck because it's "not fair".
>>
>>52684016
"Tactical" concession is probably one of the big hotbutton issues of multiplayer magic in general and EDH in specific, right up there with MLD and Infinite Combo. By the Rules as Written, you can concede at any time, period, and everything related to your game loss (such as you ceasing to exist) happens immediately with no regard to the stack or anything like that. IIRC it's "faster" than State-Based effects, even which will be checked after. This means that your last act can, again by the RAW, be to concede in order to spite your killer out of things like Saskia damage, lifelink, and other such triggers. Whether doing so is "Entirely fair" or at least "Poor sportsmanship" I feel there will NEVER be an agreement on.

Personally, I don't like it. When you lose the game, you lose the game, and there's something wrong to me about taking a loss "tactically" or otherwise for personal game, playing kingmaker with your demise. It's RAW, so if there's no other agreement that's how it'll be played, but around here there's the gentelmen's agreement that if it matters whether you conceded or not, you can start picking up your cards but you'll be treated as "Alive" until end of turn or when you would have lost the game normally and everything will trigger based on that.
>>
>>52684054
Aw shucks thanks anon. It's a pretty casual deck I'm aware, complete fodder for a counter spell or stax deck but I play with people that are similar in timmyness; everyone is always to focused on building their own incredible board state to defend themselves with rather than just wrathing the board every turn. All the mana rocks are needed, the protection is needed, the creatures are expensive but they're the entire point.

>>52684114
>you can start picking up your cards but you'll be treated as "Alive" until end of turn or when you would have lost the game normally and everything will trigger based on that.

Seems like that should be the rules, I mean thematically a Planeswalker pussing out with an army about to kill them makes sense but that's just a hugely dick thing to do. I imagine the people that do it are seen as salty losers for a while then?
>>
>>52681367
Funny story about that card. I was playing against a Ur Dragon deck with my Sydri Rocks deck. Other players were on Karn and Ulamog 2. Scion drops the Tyrant, and I follow up with Mycosynth Lattice, which was used by Scion to steal Ulamog's board. Good fun.

I ended up killing everyone's lands and creatures in short order, and eventually took the deck apart, but that was a fun moment.
>>
>>52684114
God I would love to have that house rule in my concession-happy group. I've seen people insta-concede to a turn five bribery cast on them.
>>
>>52684172
>Aw shucks thanks anon
>anon
>>
>>52684202
Maybe they don't want your greasy sausage fingers sorting through their library losesomeweightholyshit
>>
>>52684243
I've got everyone set to anymoose if he's a tripfag and that's what you mean.

>>52684202
> I've seen people insta-concede to a turn five bribery cast on them.

What do these kinds of people do afterwards? Do they leave? Do they sit there looking mad waiting for the next game?
>>
>>52684243
It's standard procedure call everyone anon, even trips. At least it seems most of the time.

>>52684202
>I've seen people insta-concede to a turn five bribery cast on them.
Now THAT'S what I call being salty.
>>
>>52684285
if it's game 1, "I'm gonna go get some pizza. Anyone else wanna come?"

if it's game 2 they just go home
>>
>>52684285
Our LGS has a bar attached to it. I've seen one with a donut shop as one of the counters lol
>>
>>52684202
If you want a rules-speak houserule to pitch I'd go with "If it is any player's main phase, you have priority, and the stack is empty, you may concede as a special action that doesn't use the stack. If you concede, you lose the game."

Main phase no stack has priority sort of guarantees "nothing too important is going on"
>>
>>52684289
It really isn't. Your name is tripfag.
>>
>>52684202
>I've seen people insta-concede to a turn five bribery cast on them.
You know, I'd cast Bribery on That Guy every time. He's just giving me the value of Door to Nothingness for the cost of Bribery, I doubt there's anything I could get that would be as valuable as "target player loses the game".
>>
File: aggravatedassault.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aggravatedassault.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
>>52681367
>Thread question
I think the only infinite I knowingly run is Savage Ventmaw and Aggravated Assault in Xenagod.
>>
>>52683244
It'll be good in Standard if RDW gets off the ground with Amonkhet/HoD, but it won't see play anywhere else. Modern is a format with beaters like Tarmogoyf, and EDH is a format that doesn't even play Goyf. This is no Tarmogoyf.
>>
File: sandwurmconvergence.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
sandwurmconvergence.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
Who else hates flying things?
>>
>>52682948
It's definitely viable, but you'll have to play a slower game. Early pillowfort like Guard Gomazoa, Fog Bank, Propaganda etc. to make someone else the path of least resistance, board wipes to stall for time and multiple sources of big card draw to not run out of gas. Win through card advantage and finish people off with flying dragons and/or unblockable leviathans.

Spellslinging can work by suspending extra turn spells that don't exile themselves and then recurring them, or by winning through generic Labman/Palinchron infinites, but it doesn't play to Jhoira's strengths very much.
>>
>>52683120
My favorite part about cards like this is that with Mana Reflection in play, it's 5,T: Make 10 mana of any combination
>>
>>52681367
Most of my decks have at least one of the following

>A Fairly hard lock
>An Infinite Combo
>A Combo that goes big enough to kill the table even if it's not technically 'infinite'

However, while I'm 100% tryhard at the table I'm maybe 20% tryhard in deck building so while the option is in there I'm not tuned to find and execute it. I find hardcore combo decks to be a little boring to pilot since they usually have fairly basic decision trees that aren't pushed by a lot of outside factors. I like to have the option, somewhere, to say "Oops, I win" if the game goes long enough or I get lucky enough but in general I'd rather play control or value town style decks since winning in the land of linear and finite tends to involve a lot more tough, skill-testing decisions.
>>
>>52684643
It IS the Craw Wurm.dec Also the Kwisatz Haderach.
>>
>>52684643
Is there an enchantment that gives all creatures flying?
>>
>>52684759
Closest is Day of Dragons
>>
Heres to hoping that the green legendary 20/20 wurm is real so that we can make an actual Craw Wurm.dec
>>
>>52684830
I'd like that, but I'd probably go monogreen ramp/voltron with the Wurm. It's not like +1 power is hard.

we WERE promised a vanilla Mythic, so maybe whoever created the fake had the actual stats and made a mock-up.

Or, you know, it's fake and we're going to get something far less interesting.
>>
>>52684830
It's not, the anon that made it already came forward. MaRo has said thre's no more legendaries in this set
>>
>>52684894
Source?
>>
>>52683661
It amuses me somewhat that you posted this right before the concession discussion started, since it gets fucked over by it.

>>52684114
It probably depends on whether you see concession as just another rule at your disposal, or an unfortunate inclusion that exists because your friend might get a call that his mother's house is on fire. I'd probably lean towards it being bullshit most if not all of the time, but I acknowledge that it exists, so it probably won't bother me unless a player does it from a position where they could reasonably still participate in the game.

>>52684328
>If you want a rules-speak houserule to pitch I'd go with "If it is any player's main phase, you have priority, and the stack is empty, you may concede as a special action that doesn't use the stack. If you concede, you lose the game."
Instead of implementing some clunky rule, I feel like you should just have a discussion about it. "Hey, can we not use concession for the purpose of benefiting or punishing another player?" If you must house-rule it because your group is too autistic to behave like adults, but are okay with 'banning' it, then I'd probably just say that a player that concedes instead has all of the cards they own leave play, leaving behind a dummy player that makes as few actions as possible in any given scenario. Then that player also leaves the game at the cleanup step, or as their turn starts, whatever you find more appropriate. Refer to 800.4 for any conflicts, then house rule anything that still doesn't work.

>>52684643
From a flavor perspective, why does this stop fliers?
>>
>>52684919
Judging by the art, giant wurms are tearing anything that flies above it apart
>>
>>52684919
>From a flavor perspective, why does this stop fliers?
They're scared of the Wurms that are on the ground and can't reach them but are really ornery?

Really, it makes no sense.
>>
>>52684953
>>52684950
>>52684919
The flyers can't attack part would make far more sense on a plane with dense foliage,
>>
>>52684977

Look at the art! The wurms are JUMPING
>>
Who would be the best mono green anti flying commander?

Arashi?
>>
File: NOT TODAY.png (201KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
NOT TODAY.png
201KB, 265x370px
YES YES YES

> "in response to omniscience "
>>
File: 1342630455425.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1342630455425.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
>>52685287
>>
>>52685287
that's a thing I guess
>>
>>52682678
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/159528491413/how-did-harvest-season-the-2g-sorcery-that-puts
>>52682790
I know that, but if it's because they don't want new players to have too many of these, it'd make sense that they put it higher than uncommon.
>>
>>52683328
Madness is not a deck in any format actually, Legacy is the only format with a playable Burn above tier 2, Stompy isn't even a deck anymore.
>>
>>52683120
Good in 4-5 color decks and decks that amass large amounts of one type of mana and need another. Jin Gitaxis Eldrazi, Kruphix, many black decks using Lake of the Dead + Coffers
>>
>>52685407
Notice how he doesn't say "in limited."
>>
>>52685287
>Exile all spells and abilities on the stack, including this card

Doesn't that mean that the second part won't happen?
>>
>>52685511
The resolution of the spell creates a delayed trigger.
>>
>>52685287
>"in response to omniscience "
You jump on the grenade. Godspeed. Maximum Skill: escaping your doom with Sundial of the Infinite
>>
>>52684328
I feel like it should be that if a player leaves the game and they're being attacked, untap all creatures attacking them and if they're the target of any abilities/etc, they're undone as though the player tried to cast a spell with illegal targets.

I've seen so many games where Spike casts a lethal fireball or something on Johnny, Johnny concedes after he's been chosen as the target and now Spike can't use the fireball on Timmy even though it would have also been lethal there.
>>
>>52685535
You can always try and combo off during your last turn like Final Fortune is used.
>>
>>52684919
It's too sandstormy to fly bcuz desert?
My best guess would be that the wurms would tear them apart but the wurms don't even have reach or anything.
>>
>>52685472
Doesn't mean complexity. Wrath effects are swingy and not complex. Just destroy all creatures.
>>
>>52685573
It's just the wurms jumping and eating trespassers that make them afraid to fly over.
>>
roughly how many super friends should i include in atraxa super friends?
>>
>>52685287
Cute but probably really bad
>>
>>52685287
Notably in multiples this can exile it's own trigger.
>>
>>52685596
But what makes it okay to walk over though?
>>
>>52685707
It's not, though. Hence the 5/5 wurms in the ground at each end of turn. You'll have trouble no matter how you walk into those dunes.
>>
>>52683176
It's a indestructible land for MLD red nonsense.
>>
>>52685645
For when you really need that one turn to bring someone with you or win the game or you're running dragonboy and already have shit like Sundial so your dragons stay where they are.
>>
>>52685934
Final fortune is generally better since you aren't giving your opponents an untap step
>>
>>52684919
>>52684950
>>52684953
>>52684977
> creature flies above wurms
> wurms jump up and eat the flying creature
>>
>>52685287
Neat, I can make use of this.
>>
>>52685956
>Why didn't it just fly higher? It's not like the fuckers have Reach.
>Why do the wurms ignore the idiots that just WALK in?
>>
>>52685743
Yes, the 5/5 wurms that can't block fliers. Are there two different types of wurms, or must they be in a certain state to attack fliers, which prevents them for intercepting groundlings as well?
>>
>>52685637
I have fifteen and it doesn't feel like nearly enough
>>
>>52686122
No, the idea is that the wurms can eventually jump and eat the invading flyers. Why the hell don't the wurms have reach at least to represent that, God knows why.
>>
>>52686141
I can at least see why it's wasted space on the text box. Why does it matter if the wurm have reach if the creatures with flying can't attack you?

Vorthos fail but Melvin win.
>>
>>52686141
>>52686122
reach on them is (almost) redundant as flying creatures cant attack.
The impssibility of an aerial attack would suggest that you as the player are at a position that is completely unreachable from above.
so basically under the sand.
> its magic I aint gonna explain shit
>>
>>52684643
It's a fixed Form of the Dragon, flavorwise you're supposed to be all them Wurms.
>>
>>52686141
I guess the Wurms don't have reach because with the enchantment out it would be useless 98% of the time and counterproductive the remaining 2% of the time where somebody else gains control of your wurm and you have fliers (of course, should the Enchantment die some innate reach would be nice, but eeh, it's extra letters)
>>
>>52686264
What about that enchantment combined with Form of the Dragon?
Granted any direct damage and you're fucked, but it's still kind of a neat, if extremely expensive combo.
>>
>>52686291
> use convergence of the wurms with form of the dragon
wew..
>>
>>52686328
>>52686315
>WurmOrWyrm.dec
>>
>>52686291
i think the way to fix form of the dragon, aside from a lowered manacost, would be to make it a sorcery/instant with "for the rest of the game..."
>>
>>52682532
Cryptolith rite is kinda like that , thats my go to anyway
>>
>>52683661
What grixis deck you running that runs those 3 cards? sounds fun
>>
I'll have them only to use when someone else is going to use them. I prefer aggro wins or jank shenanigans.
>>
I can't believe how much pure, concentrated autism one card is drawing out.
>>
>>52684759
Archetype of Imagination
>>
>>52686315
This actually sounds pretty cool
>>
>>52686482
All creatures - it's not good if your opponent's creatures lose it.
Shame you can't put wonder in their GY or something.

>>52686360
>>52686497
Well, you could go Naya and get some enchantments to protect yourself from targeted effects, but the color this little combo would most effect, Green, also happens to have the most enchantment removal.
Could be fun in casual, anyways.
>>
>>52686315

An artifact from origins can give you hexproof.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-04-17-weN-teysa-orzhov-scion/

Looking for opinions and recommendations on this list. Only card I am missing is the Imperial Seal which I am subbing in a Return to Dust for.
>>
>>52686550
If you got a moat , that works too or a magus of the moat
>>
>>52686550
If you're Naya you can run Privileged Position, Sterling Grove, Fountain Watch, and Greater Auramancy. Also Replenish and Open the Vaults.

As long as you don't Form of the Dragon until you're prepared to defend it and yourself tooth and nail, you won't be SCREWED if you get hit while setting up.
>>
>>52684643
we Dune now?
>>
>>52685693
Wait, does that mean that forking or Riku-ing it will remove "lose the game" altogether?
>>
>>52686694
Wurms have been in M:tG since the beginning
They've had a sandy flair since at LEAST Elder Land Wurm in Legends
Every fucking fantasy or scifi desert setting does the Dune worms.
Wizards plays to expectations above all. See: Krakens in Theros.

When were we NOT gonna be Dune?
>>
>>52686756
One of them will resolve and set its delayed trigger. But when that triggers if you can somehow cast another it will exile that lose the game trigger and set a new delayed trigger, postponing death for a turn.

Or you can use Sundial to just exile the trigger and NOT make a new one.
>>
Speaking of end the turn effects, can someone play shit in response to Day's Undoing?
>>
>>52686836
No, it has a special clause hidden in the artwork that stops people from playing Magic.
>>
are there better alternatives to cycling decree of annihilation? i only want to blow up lands and a discard ability should have protection from counters in most situations.
>>
>>52686646
Anybody have any advice on the list? Cuts and additions?
>>
>>52686975
Besides all the effects at half that mana cost?
>>
>>52686450
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/
>>
>>52681367
I run parts of infinite combos that rely on other players playing certain cards for them to go infinite.
>>
>>52686646
>>52687002
>average cmc over 3
>picking up an Imperial Seal
>doesn't have Mana Vault or Crypt
>a keyrune
>>
File: IMG_8258.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8258.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>52681937
talks shit
>can't even quote right
lul
>>
File: 1361814380377.png (95KB, 218x261px) Image search: [Google]
1361814380377.png
95KB, 218x261px
>>52686103
>Why didn't it just fly higher?

THE WURMS DON'T END
>>
>>52684643
>8 mana
I wish it was like 5 and didn't make tokens.
>>
>>52682948
i don't suspend mld or eldrazi
i suspend chaos
>>
>>52687055
I dont have infinite cash
>>
>>52687087
>Worrying about high mana costs in Green EDH
>When it's not for something in Competitive Idiot-land where games last 3-5 turns and end to combo pretty much exclusively.
>>
>>52686975
>>52687013
Those other effects are great, lands usually gets the job done but sometimes people have an abundance of nonland mana so some situations call for a hard cast, also cycling it wont stop that ulamog sitting across from you.

As for alternative spells for just land i cant think of any that are better in the counter defense aspect than a cycled decree.
>>
>>52687199
It's just that 8 mana for something that doesn't win the game is frustrating.
>>
>>52687193
You're purchasing a $200 tutor for no reason but missing out on the best ramp in the format, meanwhile your deck is filled with jank like Martyr's Bond.
>>
>>52687306
I mean, that's legit. Most of the time when I resolve something in that mana bracket without the typeline "Creature - Eldrazi" it it least presents enough value that if the game does NOT immediately end I should be able to bring about the end very shortly because of the massive advantage generated by resolving the likes of Rise of the Dark Realms or Praetor's Counsel, while this is an enchantment with the primary effect of delaying losing and a secondary effect that wins, but in a linear way so it will be beaten by geometric or instantaneous wins even if it's never removed.

But in the end, not everything with the same mana cost is the same sort of card. This one's a durdle card. And it's a very good durdle card, certainly one as worthy of its cost as a durdle card can be. Some decks want to explode to a win, and some just want to durdle forward until they eventually grind through everybody else.

In a way, you could call this a Control card.
>>
>>52681602
Mycoloth, avenger of zendikar, sengir autocrat, tempt with vengance
>>
>>52687469
It is a control/prison card.
>>
>>52686264
>>52686141
You're both wrong. Whenever the birb tries to attack, your wurm friend make hidey-holes for you and your PW buddies.
>>
>>52684759
Levitation
>>
>>52687306

This can win the game in a medium-low power meta when it's combined with a general pillow fort strategy
>>
>>52687605
So... Selesnya WurmFort with Selvala or Naya WurmDragon with Gahiji or ... I don't know, naya commanders are terrible, Hazezon?
>>
>>52687811

I would do bant wurm fort with angus Mackenzie!
>>
>>52687811
>>52687898
Selvala or Angus seem like the best options.
>>
>pillowfort
>without blue
>>
>>52688049

I've done mono white pillow fort before, it was okay
>>
ok riddle me this

I have a panharmonicon and a hardened scales on the field.
I play verdurous gearhulk.
Which triggers first, panharmoncon or HS?
Does it mean i get 8x 2(+1/+1) counters to distribute?
>>
>pillowfort
>with blue
>>
>>52688177
Hardened Scales never triggers, learn how to play the game.
>>
>>52688249
wait, why wouldnt harden scales trigger?

gearhulk is placing counters, which would trigger scales.
>>
>>52688375
Hardened scales is a replacement effect, it never triggers. In your example: Your gearhulk would trigger twice, you'd select the targets, place the counters on the targets and add one thanks to hardened scales
>>
Who is the quintessential "That guy" commander?
>>
>>52688485
Nekusar, Leovold, or Zur
>>
File: edh decks.png (929KB, 944x776px) Image search: [Google]
edh decks.png
929KB, 944x776px
>>52681367
Infinite combos tend to be my "Oh Shit" button that I have on standby if I need it. If somebody is going off hard or if the game is taking forever I hit it. At least half of my decks don't have one though.

Also, post em. r8 em.
>>
>>52688505
Yeah fuck Leovold.

>I activate Jace's Archivist's ability XDD
>>
>>52685287
It's like those RR take an extra turn cards. It's probably much better in a 1v1 scenario.
>>
>>52688485
Zur definitely.
>>
>>52688563
>>52685287
Cast it with Hivemind out and laugh as the guy who went before you loses on his next end step.
>>
File: dec.png (771KB, 756x915px) Image search: [Google]
dec.png
771KB, 756x915px
>>52688516

Still working on mimeo, but yidris is close to finishing.

Any explanation why yidris was replaced with "fucking stormies, reeeeeee" yesterday for like an hour or so?
>>
>>52688638
Yours doesn't even resolve actually.
>>
>>52688761
That's the best part. The only one that resolves is whoever goes immediately before you.
>>
>>52688761
>>52688769
>>52688638

JUDGE

WALK ME THROUGH THIS PLEASE
>>
File: amoket.jpg (504KB, 1458x949px) Image search: [Google]
amoket.jpg
504KB, 1458x949px
yeh
>>
>>52687350
Mana Vault and Mana Crypt are another 100 dollars I dont have though. I could cut Martyrs Bond and put in more removal.
>>
>>52688797
Tfw the sets main themes and "big" legendary creatures were a terrible failure for much every format except standard, and all the off-theme "throwaway" cards are the best part of the block.

So, wild guess time. Do you think all these sweet cards being successes were intentional, or did someone just not understand that the design of this set was all over the fucking place?
>>
>>52688784
Let's say there is a four player game and Hive Mind is on the field.

Hive Mind states that whenever an instant or Sorcery is cast, each other player copies that spell and can choose new targets.

The way those layer onto the stack starts with the player who cast the first one and goes in play order around the table.

So P1 casts Glorious End. P2 puts his copy on the stack above it, P3 puts his on the stack above that and P4 is the last to put his on the stack.

P4's copy resolves and the rest of the stack is exiled as the turn ends. Since P4 is the only one that had his resolve, he is the only one who will lose at his next end step.
>>
So with new god creatures coming out this expansion, I've really wanted to start on my first commander deck and was hoping I could get some input.

I doubt this deck could ever be good, but I absolutely loved the gods from theros and now that amonket is adding 5 more, I wanted to make a god-themed deck with karona as my commander.

But the more I look at the stuff the harder it is for me to decide; stick with the theme, or try to add stuff that actually works?

On one hand I want to stick with the theme and have the Egypt gods and theros gods, and the dictate enchantments, as well as other flavor stuff.

On the other hand I want to add some fun enchantment stuff like sigil of the empty throne and that one enchantment that gives all of your enchantments shroud.

Is it possible to fit both tons of flavor cards as well as "synergy" all in the same deck? The 15 theros gods + the 5 egyptian gods (even if they are awful when played together) takes up 20/99 slots, and another big chunk of it will just be lands.

Either way, as long as I like the deck and am playing it for fun and dont expect to win, there shouldn't be any problem with doing something like this for my first commander deck right?
>>
>>52688784
Hive mind is on the field
>you cast the red spell
>hive triggers on the cast
>each other player gets a copy, and places it on the stack
>the player on your right would get the final copy and be the last person to place it on the stack (so it resolves first)
>player on your rights is the first copy to resolve, and then exiles the rest of the stack, so all other spells/copies are gone.
>>
How much have you guys invested into your decks?

I just added the prices of my eleven decks together and came up with around $4800
>>
File: I'M READY.gif (109KB, 360x603px) Image search: [Google]
I'M READY.gif
109KB, 360x603px
>>52688877

5 color enchantments and Gods
Run vivid, tri, and taplands.

Run all the gods, enchantresses, and all guildgates/mazes end

It will be wonky and Janky, but unique

Also, child of alara might be technically the better fit as it doesn't destroy gods when it goes to graveyard.

But karona false god is amazing flavor

THAT BEING SAID

I would HIGHLY recommend not going 5 Color to start playing edh. Start 1, 2, or 3 if you're confident with your fixing.

New players going 5 color ends up muddled and barely functioning as mana base is garbage and deck tries spinning too many plates at once.

But if you really want to, play whatever you'll have fun with! That's the point after all ~
>>
>>52688877
sounds like a personal quest, gonna depend heavily on your meta and what kind of player you're looking to be. Devotion isn't exactly easy 5 color, maybe look at hybrid mana stuff if you want creatures to interact with the amonkhet gods
>>
>>52688855
My money's on it being intentional. Kaladesh block only had maybe eight cards plus the land cycle, and I feel like it was generally disappointing. I hope this is their way of making up for it.
>>
>>52688924
I only have 2, one is ~$1300 and the other is ~$300.
>>
File: ME.gif (380KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
ME.gif
380KB, 221x196px
>>52688924
Having 12 decks AS OF NOW that are all double sleeved kmcs // dragon shields in ultrapro satin towers EACH, I'd guess about 360 $ + price of decks (approx $ 50-100 each) = ROUGHLY $1260

Now realistically with foils and whatnot. ..

Probably like 1.5k
>>
>>52689042
>$1300 o a single deck

I can't even imagine.
>>
>>52688797
Samut seems like a decent commander.
>>
>>52689060
Pimp foils, rare alt arts, value cards. Bought most of it before the really bad spikes, paid $30 for my NM Horizon Canopy, that kind of thing. The deck with only the cheapest printings is probably around $800-1000.
>>
>>52686103
>Why didn't it just fly higher? It's not like the fuckers have Reach.
there's a bigger worm with wings above and outside the picture
>Why do the wurms ignore the idiots that just WALK in?
because they are looking up to spot fliers, duh
>>
File: ehhhhh.jpg (46KB, 625x594px) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhh.jpg
46KB, 625x594px
QUESTION

How many changes and overhauls does your deck go through before it is deemed "finished"?

Tweaking not included, as that is a " constant".
Think major reworks, changing commander, subthemes, chunks of deck at a time , and winconditions.
>>
>>52689229
a deck is never "finished"
>>
>>52689250
>>52689229

Really? I find myself at a point where the deck does what I want it to do efficiently and effectively. Isn't that "finished? "

(until new cards are released, then I tweak and optimize)
>>
>>52689250
^^^
You should always be tweaking your deck.
>>
>>52689299

>>52689229 states
>"Tweaking not included, as that is a " constant" "
>>
>>52689351
Ah, upon rereading your post I would say zero then. If I can't make a deck work properly in my meta it's slabbed and I make a new one completely. It might share similar cards or themes with an old deck idea, but that's just taking what I liked and recycling it, I don't think of it as the old thing.
>>
>>52689229
how many cards make up a "chunk"?
>>
>>52689459
I'd say 7-10 or so.

About a tenth
>>
>>52689515
so 6 would not be a chunk
>>
>>52689562
Ehhhhh 6 can slide. That's 1/20 or so
>>
>>52689229
I change mine up every so often.
My unblockable theme deck has morphed into a 'whenever this creature deals damage to a player, they discard a card' theme.
Not very powerful as there aren't many evasive, cheap creatures that can make people discard. Will usually lose in any environment in which people are winning before turn 7-8.
Still pretty fun though and all you need to do is resolve one or two little discarders and you can shut down a control player pretty hard. Play your cards right with diplomacy and the deck can hang in there for a while.
I think it's on revision seven or eight now.

I finally decided to throw in the towel on Kemba and dismantle the deck after struggling for a long while to make it do anything useful. Never happened, even in ultra-casual metas.
Unfortunately everything except about 10-12 artifacts is worthless to most folks since no one plays her after using her as their first commander.

One day I dream of building a competitive deck for under $300.
>>
>>52689575
can 5 slide?
>>
What are your guys' thoughts on Caged Sun in a two color deck with about a 60/40 split between the colors?
I'm on the fence if I should include it or not.
>>
>>52689148

You people are all misunderstanding the flavor

The wurm convergence is like an underground bunker so flyers can't get to you, and wurms protect you from grounded attacks
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-breaker-of-hearts-and-games/

Still need to cut about 6 cards. I am thinking about cutting the Plunge into darkness and Near death experience combo, but it is fun
>>
>>52689229
My commander has always been Sisay, but I built it when I was new to the game, so I've done several mass overhauls, the most recent of which was replacing a ton of shit with lands and rocks. It's amazing how quickly cutting a single land for a pet card results in your deck having 30 lands.
>>
>>52689824
post decklist fgtt
>>
Is Skullbriar good enough to run as the commander in multiplayer?
>>
>>52689987

Probably, as long as you have plenty of ways to stop your opponents from winning, because while skullbriar can be decently fast, he's fast at killing one person, he's slow at killing three people, so you have to be prepared to deal with faster people
>>
>>52689584
5 is OK

That's like...

.05 the deck
>>
>>52688375
>>52688177
Like the other anon said, learn the difference in between replacement effects and triggers.
It's almost if you'd have Pandemonium on the field and opponent controls Worldspine Wurm and you play Clone and ask if Clone's ETB triggers before Pandemonium's trigger.
>>
esper control wincons? looking to take the game but not with combos. it's becoming a tough balancing act to get threats while maintaining good control.

any suggestions?
>>
>>52688877
You can play it with flavor, but it's not gonna be a good deck, since all of the new gods are bad for such strategies, no to mention that you can't even attack with red and blue simultaneously anyway.
My friend used to play Karona deck that gad all the Theros gods, all Lieges and what not. It was pretty fun deck but pretty bad.

As for synergy, just try to figure out a gameplan or strategy you want to play with, and you're gonna need a bunch of redudnancy for that. Just for gods.dec you're gonna end up as a goodstuff with minimal synergies, because you already wasted 20 slots for the gods, if you include them all.
>>
>>52690850

Without combos you can just win slow and steady with beaters and planeswalkers. As long as your drawing tons of cards and answering everybody's stuff, you should be able to win with just about anything

Options for top end in esper control:

Elspeth sun's champion
Grave Titan
Wurmcoil engine
Dragonlord ojutai
Various sorins
>>
Thoughts on Rashmi?

I never see much discussion about her and I'm looking for something new.
>>
>>52690982
i do a lot of drawing and all but i find that i can't answer everything all the time. i sometimes have to choose between keeping mana open for a counter/removal spell and casting a beater. makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to keep my few threats on board and fighting
>>
File: Rashmi.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Rashmi.png
145KB, 223x311px
>>52691009
Forgot pic.
>>
>>52690850
Commander? Besides, if you want to play control, having a combo wincon even as a backup is a good idea. Most combo decks win through combo anyway.
If you want a slog, play stax. It's even more awful to play against a control memester who insists on killing you with commander damage with Zur, Hanna or GAAIV
>>
>>52691009
>>52691037
She's boring as hell. Pretty much the epitome of UG goodstuff
>>
>>52691041
haven't decided on the commander yet. maybe triplets, maybe oloro.

stax seems too horrible for everyone else there. at least with control i can keep them away from me and focused on each other. the politics gets fun.
>>
>>52691058
Damn, I'm looking for something different.

I've already got my main deck with Marchesa (Steal/Sac) and RG Omnath (Big stompy stuff). So two creature focused decks.

Would anyone like to recommend a commander that doesn't fit with my current list?
>>
File: 0038_MTGROE_EN_LR.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
0038_MTGROE_EN_LR.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
>>52690850
For a combo that is funny, use this thing. Next use Plunge into Darkness during your opponent's end step before your turn. Pay all but one of your life, in order to dig really far into your deck. Ideally you hit an Angel's Grace, or at least some type of counterspell.
>>
>>52691131

no, no. not a fan of those "you win the game" cards. i can pull that stuff with lab maniac but i don't find it fun.
>>
>>52687075
why'd you link that pic
>>
>>52689250
This tbqh. I'm constantly tweaking and making changes and looking out for new things; even for my mono red tribal deck. Granted I'm only changing 2-4 cards at a time, but I'm always trying something new just to see how it works.
>>
How do you Brago?

Right now I have a bunch of tip top spicy tech but I feel as if I'm light on wincons. The game plan is to silver bullet as many strategies as possible with a U/W hatebears thing and try to set up locks with Brago, but outside of nontutorable infinite strionic combos and straight up Myr Battlesphere, it feels like I'm just going to grind the game to a halt. I ran a similar list with artifact flicker stax but it was far too fragile and degenerate to be enjoyable. Would it even be worth running a voltron list?
>>
>>52691118

I still think rashmi is cool, you can go more control with lots of instants to trigger rashmi on your opponents turns, just be a value machine

Sounds a lot different from your 2 other decks
>>
>>52691032
>>52691084

Ostensibly everyone should be trying to keep everyone else in check. You want to avoid becoming the 'control player' in the group, lest everyone get lazy and expect you to stop people from doing degenerate shit.

Triplets will earn you a lot of hate. Could always play Dromar to be spicy.
>>
File: Sedris's new toy.png (241KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sedris's new toy.png
241KB, 351x500px
This is good right?
>>
>>52691833
Yes, it's firmly mid-tier playable jank. I'd fuck with that.
>>
>>52691833

Definitely cute with sedris
>>
File: 1464160035744.png (73KB, 328x404px) Image search: [Google]
1464160035744.png
73KB, 328x404px
I just had a real excellent game. Neither player at the table had a really high tier deck, but we had some pretty explosive plays even though my boardstate was dominant throughout the game. Ultimately it comes down to one turn, I'm swinging for lethal next turn at my last opponent but the guy might mill me or hold out long enough for me to deck myself.
He gets up and leaves without saying a word.
>>
>>52691833
Sidisi likes.
>>
Anything overtly wrong with this? Only thing I can spy is a lack of lifegain, but I think that can be fixed with Elixir of Immortality to undue my self-mill too.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-master-of-minds/
>>
>>52691009
Put in the 99 of a Temur or Kynaios color deck so you can also run Possibility Storm.
>>
>>52691675

got a group of 3. 1 weak player who just kind of coasts. i do need to keep em all in check. especially the other guy.
>>
>>52688830
What the fuck are you talking about. Mana crypt is 30-50 while vault is like 10 bucks.
>>
So uh, what do you all think the chances are that we are going to see a five color Nicol Bolas? And how happy/or angry would you be?

Just curious about people's thoughts.
>>
>>52692250
I don't expect it and I'd be pretty pissed
>>
>>52689626
Mana doublers like that are only worth it for Mono Color decks like white and red.

You are better off with mana fixing or colorless ramp.
>>
Why is UG such cancer? I have a bunch of UG shit I want to play, but it always turns into the same shit. I want to use my shit like my promo Fathom Mage, but Ezuri is so linear.
>>
>>52692349
Consider an overall goodstuff general like Rashmi or Thrasios that provides benefit to every strategy, or Edric which fits a very different UG style.
>>
>>52682541
>>52682567
>"Wait, you're telling me that Trans doesn't mean 'having the spirit of an ancient lich trapped inside of you'?"
WotC market research
>>
>>52692324
I've already got vault (can't afford crypt), sol ring, thran dynamo, gilded lotus, and lantern in the deck. What else is there? Worn Powerstone? A talisman? Voltaic Key?
>>
Quick question: How do doubling/havling effects stack?

Like let's say I hit someone at 40 life with a Quietus Spike and then use Strionic Resonator. Would they die instantly as there are two instances of 'lose half of 40 life' on the stack, or would they lose 20 then 10?
>>
Am I just shooting myself in the foot for wanting to run Tana solo instead of which a partner? I want to run GR elf druids, and she's literally the only one.
>>
>>52692996
>Am I just shooting myself in the foot for wanting to run Tana solo
You're cheating yourself out of at least one color and another useful ability in the command zone.

Take Sidar and tune to pump her after blockers?
>>
>>52682507
GRUUL WORT IS PLEASED

>Crop Rotation, Valakut
>Conspire it, Vesuva
>Harvest Season
>Conspire it
>Fork
>Conspire it
>Reverberate
>Conspire it

>fuckbillion damage
>>
>Group member has issued a challenge before Saturday's session
>"Monsters only"
>lands, creatures, nothing else

This is a nightmare
Who the fuck do I build for this
>>
>>52693543
Animar. Elves that grab you lands, mana dorks, giant hard hitters.
>>
File: skullbriar.jpg (82KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
skullbriar.jpg
82KB, 620x453px
How would you avoid this guy from getting -1/-1 counters?
>>
>>52688877

So after awhile I came up with this

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/godspeed-2/

My only problem now is that even with 37 lands I tried to playtest a bit and constantly got 1 land hands regularly even when mulliganing. Do I need to add more? I figured 37 plus sol ring and some other cards would be enough.
>>
>>52693723
If you're going WUBRG I'd play 40 with solid ramp fixing.
>>
>>52693706

-1/-1 counters are super rare
>>
>>52693754
Unfortunately Amonkhet seems to focus on them
>>
>>52693754
>>52693799
And many decks play Black Sun Zenith
>>
>>52689229
Does it have 100 cards? It's finished. I'll adjust as necessary.

>>52692836
afaik they would lose a total of 30 life; the trigger itself isn't "lose 20 life", it's "lose half of your current life total." So the copy resolves, reduces them to 20, then the original resolves, reduces them to 10.
>>
>>52693563
Don't think I have that. I might have to throw together a RB Dragons deck out of the remains of Zirilan and whatever other Rakdos shit I have lying around, with FRF Kolaghan at the head

If I do this and win, I want to see if I can get them to each make a deck with creatures in the single digits.
>>
File: Gitrog.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
Gitrog.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
Wanted to make a Gitrog Monster deck, how well does it actually work out in your experience?
>>
>>52694014

Annoyingly broken if nobody finds their gy hate
>>
File: monuments.png (533KB, 1090x286px) Image search: [Google]
monuments.png
533KB, 1090x286px
what do you think of the monuments?
>>
>>52694014
It's my main deck. You need to find your own win con, but the deck is basically "Draw whatever the fuck you want with black and green shenanigans"
>>
>>52694060
Love them for mono color EDH
>>
>>52694060
Meh, the fact that they are cast triggers ruins most of their potential
>>
>>52694098
All but Red are good abilities that I don't see backfiring. And Red's is a may.
>>
File: ravos.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ravos.png
124KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-s-c-e-n-s-i-o-n/

Thoughts on this? Trying to make more of an aristocrats sub-theme here, but I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking some important pieces.
>>
>>52694142
None of the abilities are worth the 3 mana investment because you can't abuse them with shit like tokens or graveyard shenanigans. People run purph and impact tremors, for instance, but no deck wants the black monument.
>>
>>52693543
R A F I Q
A
F
I
Q

There are 31 creatures with Exalted, and if you're building for a peak Timmy game, you could slap the shit out of some people
>>
>>52694263
Gravecrawler combo pairs well with it. Green might be fun in voltron decks. But I get what you're saying. They aren't must haves.
>>
>>52694263

I think the white one is 100% worth the investment, problem is that mono white isn't very good
>>
>>52681602
endrek sahr with an altar is great
>>
>>52692121
Im specific about which editions I get though. Even if so thats nearly $100 and I just dont have that to spend on the deck at the moment.
>>
>>52683939
Our playgroup has a fun way to stoo tgat because we had a player who did that. If you scoop after another players upkeep it becomes an eot action like the trigger for final fortune except its uncounterable. No combat bullshitting, no kingmaking.
>>
>>52693167

The thing is the deck is already packed.
>>
>>52694263
My Karlov deck wants the black monument.
>>
>>52693167

The only other thing I could maybe do is swap out the red for blue and go Rashmi, but the haste and shit like Purph are my wincons in the red.
>>
>>52694794
Really? I love soul sisters effects but I don't run enough creatures in karlov to warrant this. Heck, since its cast it won't even help out the man himself when you drop him like etb would.
>>
>>52695035
I run pretty much all the soul sisters, and as a result a lot of small creatures to trigger them too, so I figured it would be worth it.

Also makes the black ones cost less which is okay.
>>
>>52694060
>blue
>creature spells

failure

the rest are fine. Bontu and Hazoret win you the game with paradox engine combo.

>>52694700
Put Thrasios as the other commander, so that if you end up playing with randoms, they save all their countermagic for him so they don't get BTFO by an infinite combo.
>>
>>52692996
My friend actually refuses to run the partners together and has a solo Tana deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tana-by-her-lonesome-1/
>>
>play my Anafenza the foremost for the first time
>against asuza, leovold and sidisi
>leovold ends up winning, but only after I killed the other two players and he happened to draw the card he needed to beat me

I'm really hpppy with how this deck turned out
>>
>>52695768
>didn't kill the Leovold player first
>>
>>52695768
does the leovold not play wheels?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Is my deck alright? I'm planning on trading for a Kokusho and maybe buying a sidisi

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-06-15-mono-black-goodies/
>>
>>52695768
>Playing Anafenza earlier tonight
>Shit is on some slow or wonky board stall where nobody wants to do anything
>Against Butt Bros, Yasova, and some Equipment deck. He was furthest from me so I dunno
Fine.
>Play Blood Artist then Fumigate
>Total creatures killed: 25
>Gain 50 life
>Sanguine Bond kills Butt Bros
>Blood Artist dunks Yasova to death for 25
>Pay 50 into Aetherflux Reservoir to dome out the third player
Is this what being a Johnny is like? Because I kinda like it.
>>
>>52696079
I never understood why people make Sheoldred EDH decks.

It's somehow one of the most played mono black commanders, but she costs 7 fucking mana and does pretty much nothing but eat a sword the second she drops.

You're a hundred times better off replacing her with Sidisi or even Kokusho.
>>
Johnny here, how do I Timmy? Going to use saskia as a new Commander for a new playgroup, not even sure how to win by turning creatures sideways

Any primers?
>>
>>52696670
>saskia

Play big beaters with haste or evasion or protection.
Swing at people.

Use cards that generate shitloads of value like Hero of Bladehold or Aurelia and shit.

People drop like fucking flies with Saskia on the board, even if she pretty much never wins she usually takes one or two people down first.
>>
File: 1485562257148.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1485562257148.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>52696670
Tooth&Nail for big beaters+xenagos and go to town. If you want some secret tech all the dragon enchantments really help giving evasion to your big dudes
>>
>>52694014
If you're not doing infinite combos it's just bookkeeping with Sylvan Library, Loam/Dakmor Salvage dredges and Lake of the Dead stuff. You make a lot of mana and draw lots of cards but it's not fun unless you're Dovin Baan or doing an infinite combo.

You might like Gitrog Monster if
-You're Dovin Baan
-You like tutors
-You like infinite combos
-You're okay winning with Exsanguinate
-You like Crop Rotating for Bojuka Bog and drawing a card off of that then saccing Bog to Gitrog and Loaming it back to Bog someone again

You might not like Gitrog Monster if
-You're a true green mage
-You like counterspells
-You're a Timmy
-People know how to Rotate their Crops for Bojuka Bog
>>
>>52697399
>You might like Gitrog Monster if
>You might not like Gitrog Monster if
I've never seen one of these lists not trigger me in some way on how asinine they are, but I'll commend you for not putting in "You like black and green cards" and "You don't like black or green cards".

>>52696670
Get lobotomized.
Are you asking how to have fun in a way you don't? Why would you degenerate yourself to a Timmy, instead of looking for a way to Johnny with Saskia?
Chandra Spitfire with extra combat steps or fling. Furnace of Rath stacking. Double up on Avenging Druid, Charnelhoard Wurm and Soltari Visionary triggers. Make some crazy Rakdos, Lord of Riot plays.

For more conventional approaches, choose one:
• Lock them down with hatebears long enough to beat them to death.
• Go wide and play effects that make your board suddenly scary like Cathar's Crusade or Beastmaster's Ascension.
• Play a bunch of must-answer threats and ways to protect them.
• Play bursty board-swing effects like T&N, Genesis Wave, Primal Surge or Ever After with things like Xenagos, Craterhoof, Aurelia or that new dumb Naya Legend.
• Just play value creatures and use your Commander to threaten a lot of damage when the opportunity presents itself.
>>
NEW

>>52698243
>>52698243
>>52698243
>>
>>52692836
Quietus spike works like this
>first creature damage
>then halve trigger <- resonator
>resonator halving resolves
Assuming the creature is 1/x because 0 power means that combat damage triggers don't trigger.
>First to 39 life, and then they are at 19 life, last trigger puts them to 9 life
Remember that the life loss is rounded up
>>
>>52693973
Go maximum Timmy and build Stonebrow Trample tribal
>>
>>52693706
>How would you avoid this guy from getting -1/-1 counters?
He's green. Run Melira. There are a ton of tutors that can fetch her, like Time of Need, GSZ, Worldly, and Summoner's Pact, not to mention the black tutors you can use to fetch your voltron elements, and plenty of other things those tutors can fetch.

You can also run some free sac outlets and command zone him in response. Unless you're fighting some sort of infinite Carnifex Demon monstrosity, at which point you're hosed without Melira.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.