[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 80

File: Image (16).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
EVEN MORE DRAGONS edition

Previously on /edh/: >>52681367

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What tribal decks do you run?
>>
Are there enough cards to make a tribal edh horrors deck?

I'd like to make that or some other unusual tribe based deck.
>>
File: saffi.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
saffi.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Saffi Soldier/Human Tribal is my main tribal deck.

I have a zirilan dragon tribal, but I don't enjoy playing it because if zirilan doesn't stick I end up losing very quickly since it has no early game. I'm planning to disassemble him and reassemble the deck as a Karrthus dragon tribal, so I get juicy removal and ramp to fill out my early game.

Anyone got secret Karrthus tech? Obviously I've looked at all the dragons available and I'll be packing the green/black staples, but any cute, non-obvious stuff would be nice.
>>
File: chainer.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
chainer.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52698336
Horrors aren't a terrible choice, since there is variety and a decent curve.

But theres no synergy at all between them, so it's kinda just a theme.

You wanna be dimir, but in terms of cool horror commanders, imo the coolest is Tsabo Tavoc, and she actually has a relevant ability for EDH.

alternatively you can run nightmare tribal with chainer, but he kinda fucks you more than he helps you.
>>
>>52698365
>Anyone got secret Karrthus tech? Obviously I've looked at all the dragons available and I'll be packing the green/black staples, but any cute, non-obvious stuff would be nice.
Blades of Velis Vel is the obvious non-obvious choice.
You can do wonky stuff with Splinter Twin. It's infinite mana with Mutavault.
>>
>>52698510
>Splinter Twin/Mutavault

Can you explain?

Velis vel took me a second, and then my face lit the fuck up. That's fucking incredible
>>
>>52698365
>playing Karrthus dragon tribal
>proceed to lose to a single clone
>??????
>profit

Only way to play him is as finisher in Jund Stax
>>
>>52698553
Heres a (You)
>>
>>52698551
I think it goes like this:
>Animate Mutavault
>Splinter Twin on Karrthus
>Karrthus clone enters and is legend ruled out
>Clone's ETB triggers untap all of your dragons, including Karrthus and Mutavault

Keep in mind though that Mutavault only produces colourless mana and can't be tapped for mana first time in a turn it's animated, unless you control Karrthus of course.
>>
>>52698572
Karrthus is pretty bad in EDH though, because clones are pretty prevalent. It's really hard to get rid of him after opponent has cloned him
>>
File: kei.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kei.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>52698596
Ah yeah I see how that works.

Probably not worth boarding mutavault and splinter twin for just that though. Maybe if I see some other combos with splinter twin I'll consider it.

>>52698613
If you're dumb enough to think a hasty 7/7 beatstick isn't a good commander 'because it can be stolen' I think you have to re-think how you evaluate EDH. If you really need some evidence here you go:

1) Pyroblast
2) Sac outlets (it's jund for fucks sake)
3) Homeward path + green land tutor
4) kill blue mages first (7/7 haste flying beatstick for fucks sake)
5) if you see someone eyeing your dragons just dont play karrthus like a nong
6) sometimes you will get blown the fuck out and that's actually fine. I have an aggro deck that completely folds to a well timed boardwipe but it's still fun to play and still kills cunts left right and centre.

A bad commander is something like pic related, because he's boring and doesn't do anything. Karrthus is a good commander because he makes shit go down. Not all of us are in cancerous stax heavy 1v1-centric 'competitive' commander metas.
>>
File: nissastewardofelements.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nissastewardofelements.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
first for THS block gods are best gods
She goes in Kruphix

>>52698243
>What Tribal decks do you run?
Xenagos is fatty tribal
Kruphix is big spell tribal
Ravos+Tymna is token tribal
For srs, I have a bad Thassa merfolk thing.
>>
>>52698613
you're playing black, you can just kill your own Karthus and re-cast him
>>
>>52698675
And I can see that from your post. Most black removal has the one problem though that it only hits nonblack creatures.
I realize that he's powerful, but if you don't have a Pyroblast/REB at hand and you're playing dragon tribal, you might get 1 shotted by a blue mage.

It's just that I've seen 2 Karrthus decks, and in the good one he was the only creature.
Only reason I play Bladewing instead of him, if because Karrhus' ability is scary strong and the ETB makes him fragile as hell.

The Splinter twin can be used to steal opponent's stuff repeatedly, in case you draw Blades of Velis Vel or anything else that can do that, or if your opponent plays a dragon or changeling for some god forsaken reason.

I'm not hating on Karrthus, there's just enough clones in my meta that he's pretty much a bomb that will blow in your hands.
>>
>>52698695
I'd rather include sac outlets in response to opponent casting a clone
>>
>>52698791
Sounds like a case of shit pilots. If it looks like clones and you have no protection, just dont fucking cast karrthus how hard is it.

It's not like dragon tribal is a fuckin tier 1 deck anyway.
I asked for suggestions, not commander choice criticisms. I wanna windmill slam dragon after dragon onto the field and smack some bitches down and as far as I can tell karrthus is the best facilitator of that.
Bladewing is out because he lacks green.
Scion is out because he's a voltron/combo commander pretending to be dragon tribal
Zirilan is out because I've played him a lot and he's either on or off, I want a deck that can have a decent game every game, and you don't need to even cast karrthus to do what I wanna do.
>>
File: ITS FINALLY THERE 2K.png (105KB, 2366x502px) Image search: [Google]
ITS FINALLY THERE 2K.png
105KB, 2366x502px
I've been avoiding talking about my Mikaeus deck the last year, mostly because it's pretty much obselete at this point (and far too expensive), but I just wanted to celebrate it reaching 2000 upboats.

Second deck on tappedout to reach that rating, and first EDH deck. It's been a long ride.
>>
>>52698871
My friend made a 20 dollar ruric thar deck that is one of the scariest decks in our meta.

Fairly easy to shut down but it's basically double damage tribal, so often times you'll be sitting pretty and then next minute you take 60 damage and just drop dead.
>>
>>52698894
I've seen so insanely many $20 budget EDH decks over the years, feels kinda nice to be the pioneer for a silly EDH "archetype".
>>
>>52693706
>How would you avoid this guy from getting -1/-1 counters?
He's green. Run Melira. There are a ton of tutors that can fetch her, like Time of Need, GSZ, Worldly, and Summoner's Pact, not to mention the black tutors you can use to fetch your voltron elements, and plenty of other things those tutors can fetch.

You can also run some free sac outlets and command zone him in response. Unless you're fighting some sort of infinite Carnifex Demon monstrosity, at which point you're hosed without Melira.
>>
>>52698829
I'm not trying to stop you from playing Karrthus, go ahead.
Best dragons already are R and B, dunno what green gives you besides Greater good and stuff, but go ahead.
>>
>>52698596
>Can't be tapped for mana first time in a turn it's animated.
Are you implying that if it becomes a creature you can't tap it for mana unless it has haste? That's only true if you just played Mutavault that turn. If you've controlled the permanent named Mutavault since the beginning of your most recent turn, then you can attack or tap it as a creature freely.
>>
>>52698990
Ramp?
>>
File: contamination-cropped.jpg (151KB, 464x663px) Image search: [Google]
contamination-cropped.jpg
151KB, 464x663px
Why is this allowed?

if i'm playing mono white i'm simply fucked
>>
>>52699046
because the people that run mtgcommander.com can't be bothered to ban cards that should be banned because they don't want to actually keep up with the format, they'd rather just let everybody house rule ban what they don't like
>>
>>52699046
It is for this day that Disk was made.
>>
File: stillmooncavalier.hq.jpg (176KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
stillmooncavalier.hq.jpg
176KB, 480x680px
If i'm playing monoblack, can i still use this in my deck? I'm not familiar with those mana symbols
>>
>>52699230
nop
>>
So how does Queen Marchesa work in edh.
Does the monarch effect do anything?
>>
>>52699277
it works like it did in conspiracy 2

better pillow fort it up if you want to actually keep that monarchy
>>
>>52699046
Mad 'cuz bad?
>>
>>52699230
THese are dual, as in he is Black and White but you can pay just black
, just white or a combo to use his abilities/Summon.
>>
Has anyone managed to use hellkite effectively? I've found that he dies within a turn or two to mass removal.
>>
>>52699063
>contamination needs banning
Yeah, no
>>52699046
Unless you're playing green, you should be playing mana rocks and green should be playing those anyway.
>>
>>52699230
You can't. Color identity counts all mana symbols in mana costs and rules text (no reminder text), so you'll need a BW deck for that
>>
>>52699358
Yeah, which Hellkite? There's 18 results for the word.
I assume you're talking about Tyrant, which is decent, but not really worth it usually if you don't play anything can turn things into artifacts
>>
>>52699318
>better pillow fort it up if you want to actually keep that monarchy
Or poke folks to get it back, but forting is generally better. Luckily Queen has access to many of the best pillow fort cards with White and some surprisingly good alternates with Black (No Mercy, Koshkun Falls, Marchesa's Decree). Red doesn't add a ton, I mean there's Smoke and Caverns of Despair, but really.

Or, if your playgroup is hyper-aggressive about claiming monarch at all costs, you could just toss it out there with a gift tag reading "For the Fairest" and collect your assassins to ward off danger while the field kills each other over a howling mine.

'course all of this goes differently in the "Creatures can't win in EDH REEEEEEEE" meta, but at that point they'll just tell you to play Tazri Food Chain or GTFO anyway.
>>
>>52699493
Utvara hellkite.
>>
File: kaervek-the-merciless-cropped.jpg (142KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
kaervek-the-merciless-cropped.jpg
142KB, 464x664px
Building a kaervek deck, how much does it he get hated on and what can I use to protect myself outside of Crawlspace?
>>
>>52699548
Depends on if there are scarier commanders in your meta. He usually gets removed pretty quick.
As for defense you have stuff like No Mercy and Silent Arbiter. Maybe Ensnaring Bridge if you plan on having a smaller hand
>>
File: rofellos,llanowaremissary.hq.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
rofellos,llanowaremissary.hq.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
WHY i am banned?
>>
>>52699548
Ensnaring bridge
>>
>>52699548
Besides the boots you can use the equipment that gives him infect to kill your opponents before they remove him.
>>
>>52699586
Because it reads
Tap: Add over 5 green mana to your mana pool
Any time beyond the fourth turn.
>>
>>52699586
Consistency. Having 6+ mana turn 3 by default is pretty busted.
>>
>>52699548
Kaervek can be a bit of a pubstomp: his high cost and limited defenses weaken his ability to actually be competitive but most folks aren't happy to see him. Crawlspace, Smoke, No Mercy, Ensnaring Bridge, Koshkun Falls, Baton of Morale, proactive protection like Contamination and Bottomless Pit, or Stax Elements like Smokestack, Tanglewire, Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Static Orb, Torpor Orb, Winter Orb, Trinisphere, Sphere of Resistance (What I'm saying is that Stax players have balls...), and Board Wipes which you've got Damnation, Toxic Deluge, Mutilate, Languish, Disk, and O-Stone at the very least.
>>
>>52699625
Red also gives you access to some hate cards like Smoke and Blood Moon. Plus the staples like Blasphemous Act, Vandalblast, and Chaos Warp. You could even run Possibility Storm to fuck with blue players is you build the deck for it.
>>
>>52699658
I mentioned Smoke but the others are really good things to be reminded of. I don't think I'd use Chaos Warp with Commander Tuck dead, though.
>>
>>52699581
>>52699600
>>52699625
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to avoid the infect route for now but if it can't be helped I will end up doing it
>>
File: alittleproblemwiththefireplace.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
alittleproblemwiththefireplace.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>52699685
>>52699658
>>52699625
Secret boardwipe tech. Disclaimer: Not for use against Tokens
>>
>>52698871
How is it obselete? A deck is a deck.
>>
>>52699503
Yes. Multiple activations of Zirilan makes for a lot of tokens.
>>
>>52699737
I'm pretty sure mike is north of 20 himself these days.
>>
>>52699046
>if i'm playing mono white i'm simply fucked
Nevinyrral's Disk is colorless and can solve that problem.
>>
File: 1351001710073.jpg (102KB, 534x627px) Image search: [Google]
1351001710073.jpg
102KB, 534x627px
>>52698243
>What tribal decks do you run?
Bears
>>
>>52698871
Oh shit, you post here? I really like that deck.
>>
>>52699727
Wouldn't you be able to avoid the dmg by having kalitas or leyline of the void out?
>>
>>52699503
Oh yeah, that one.
>tfw I have won multiple times with it, not by combat but through the fucking triggers from Scourge of Valkas
Bladewing is truly the Timmy of our dragons
>>
>>52699796
X will be 0, at least, if you replace all the graveyards with exiles.
>>
File: Commander Decks.jpg (392KB, 960x1696px) Image search: [Google]
Commander Decks.jpg
392KB, 960x1696px
>>52699789
I've been shitting up these threads for years with my decks
>>
File: Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim_OGW.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>52698243
I run Ayli clerics, Bladewing dragons, Gisa and Geralf Zombies&Wizards tribal and brewing the new Minotaur tribal. Ayli is just so much fun
>>
File: thetabernacleatpendrellvale.hq.jpg (30KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
thetabernacleatpendrellvale.hq.jpg
30KB, 312x445px
how do you react to someone playing this?
>>
>>52699812
didn't notice the automatic bolt, still nice but not exactly secret tech.
>>
>>52699871
"Eeh."

It's a pricey card, but if I'm not going wide it's little more than annoying.
>>
>>52699888
It's really the nonblack clause that sells it. Depends on your table but I'd gladly pay 5 and some life for something fairly close to Plague Wind.
>>
File: 79542_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
79542_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
I want to buy a paper version of my first EDH deck, but ive only played it on xmage where its a bit tedious and annoying. Its a brew but how would this go at a local EDH night.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
Recommend me some token protection or any good token producers. Considering countering boardwipes using lifeline as I usually win through burn spells if anyone has experience running it
>>
>>52699871
really fucks my ass unless I get 1 of maybe 4 land destructions, means I have to wait and do all my shit in one turn also which blows. In a control deck with no creatures its pretty extreme.
>>
are there any cards that tutor for Mana Echoes in R/G?
>>
>>52699830
Fug I've seen this image tons of times and have never noticed that Mikeaus in it kek.
>>
>>52699586
Because green is already the strongest monocolor and doesn't need mana god supreme to help them out.
>>
>>52699871
Depends on the deck, but just "eh, whatever" about 80% of the time.
>>
>>52699951
Gamble.
Planar Portal/Ring of Three Wishes/Planar Bridge.
>>
>>52699871
Depends what I'm playing

>Marchesa Pillow Fort
"Thanks, you're a champ!"

>Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
"FUCK!"

>Feldon Stax
70% "OK, I'll just recur my Avalanche Riders or Invader Parasite or Orcish Settlers or maybe I'll just strip mine or wasteland or ghost quarter and use the Avalanche riders on..." 30% "Nice Mountain you've got there."
>>
>>52698871
Been watching it since the $20 +shipping days, always nice to know that one of our own could accomplish something.
>>
>>52698871
Congrats Anon.
>>
>>52699830
Godspeed, I love that Grozoth deck
>>
>>52698243
>What tribal decks do you run?
That's something I haven't really messed with in EDH. I guess Eldrazi since having a solid core of them makes sense in mono-colorless denial these days? I've been thinking about Gods.dec commanded by Karona, though.
>>
I'm kind of new to commander, are there any cards in the amonkhet spoilers that I should be really interested in, beyond those monuments?

Like none of the legendary creatures really wow me and the gods suck...
>>
>>52700293
As Foretold and the white Parallel Lives stand out. Lots of the aftermath cards are decent for a more casual deck too (Spring to Mind for instance).
>>
This may be a dumb question but if you discard a card with cycling by other means then paying the manager cost does the cycling still happen?
>>
>>52700293
>none of the ledgendary creatures wow me

-1/-1 tribal is cool as fuck
and the black girl that untaps is pandering to commander super hard

those gods are shit though
>>
>>52700293
Rhonas the Indomitable is a pretty alright creature.
Vizier of the Menagerie has smoothing applications.
Kefnet the Mindful is pretty much just a source of draw so some decks can fit him.
>>
>>52699871

If it's a proxy? "How dumb."

If it's not a proxy? "Jesus fucking Christ, dude"
>>
File: uu.png (46KB, 1136x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uu.png
46KB, 1136x1080px
WHAT'S YOUR DEVOTION EDHG?

TALLY UP THE MANA SYMBOLS IN YOUR COMMANDERS CMC

U 12
W 2
B 9
R 7
G 5
>>
>>52701002
W 22
U 16
B 20
R 13
G 23

Selesnya and Monoblack are my fucking jams. Also Progenitus stuffing numbers.
>>
>>52701002
Counting only what i Run RIGHT NOW, not what's in early construction, scheme town, or benched...

W: 4
U: 2
B: 5
R: 5
G: 2

Kaalia, Marchesa, Sydri, Feldon, Gitrog, Sidisi, Depala.
>>
>>52700392
No it does not, dumb phone poster.
>>
>>52700398
>-1/-1 tribal is cool as fuck
Yeah, I think she might be the big command zone winner of the set. Not only is she a really cheap component of fairly trivially tutorable infinites, but if she doesn't "going off" she's got a good control game versus anyone who wants to keep creatures in play

Call me crazy, but I think Approach of the Second Sun might actually go places in EDH. One-card wincons aren't common. In fact, the only other one I can think of is Coalition Victory which costs just as much and takes at least as much work while having a 5c identity. And it's banned.
>>
File: Shaq lives matter.gif (4MB, 462x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shaq lives matter.gif
4MB, 462x250px
>>52701002
>B 43

jesus fucking christ. i should probably fix that
>>
So I have an athreos weenie tribal deck, and my playgroup has evolved where I can't slowly ping them to death with 1/1s while I kill their creatures with death pact. I want to fill it up with burn spells and just melt off their faces behind my wall of shitty little blockers. Any particular cards that do the best health murder? I am hoping with enough of it plus black market and such I can just sit back and shit pain down their necks.
>>
>>52701565
You're not really getting burn in WB. It's more Tax Man shenanigains.

So Kambal? Wound Reflection could help, as would Quest for the Nihil Stone if you decide to own the board with some discard like Bottomless Pit. Painful Quandary?
>>
>>52698243

I think my Favorite Play involving Utvara Hellkite was when I had Temur Ascendancy, Utvara Hellkite, and Savage Ventmaw on the field. I popped Cruicible of the Spirit Dragon to pay for a Hellkite Charger, plopped it down, and just swung away and ended up with like 48 dragons on field when I won. It was pretty great.
>>
Is there a more patrician deck identity than orzhov stax?
>>
File: 1485363916005.gif (575KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1485363916005.gif
575KB, 500x376px
are any of the precons worth it? I want to get my friend into EDH, so I'd be getting one that he could borrow

which ones have the best value/EDH staples/upgrade-ability?
>>
>>52701605
I was actually thinking stuff like Drain Life and Hatred. Shit like that. I have a tax man deck already and I never get to play it because the folks I play with get really angry. They hate my Nath deck too. Like scooping turn three levels of hate.
>>
>>52701002
W 13
U 11
B 15
R 11
G 8
>>
>>52701002
U 1
W 2
B 5
G 4
R 1

I fucking love BG
>>
>>52700293
Vizier of Many Faces, Mouth /to/ Feed, Cut /to/ Ribbons, Heaven /to/ Earth and the GX cycle lands are the cards I'd consider EDH standouts.

Cast Out, Pull from Tomorrow, Scarab Feast, Shefet Monitor, By Force, Dissenter's Deliverance, Rags /to/ Riches, Spring /to/ Mind and the dual lands are solid general-purpose cards if you don't have a large collection.

Anointed Procession, Angel of Sanctions, Gideon, Dusk // Dawn, Commit /to/ Memory, Shadow of the Grave, Combat Celebrant, Hazoret's Favor, Insult /to/ Injury, Harvest Season, Cascading Cataracts, Samut and the Gods are all interesting (mythic) rares that provide unique and somewhat open-ended benefits, but more of "in case" pick-ups rather than something important. They're either shit or exactly what your deck was looking for. Honorable mention here to the scry sphinx, drake enchantment and cycle demon.

Then there's a few unique un/commons that may be worth picking up just in case, e.g. Protection of the Hekma, Vizier of Remedies, Vizier of Tumbling Sands, Faith of the Devoted, Nest of Scarabs, Bloodlust Inciter, Benefaction of Rhonas, Manglehorn, Quarry Hauler, Aven Wind Guide, Wayward Servant, Onward /to/ Victory, Embalmer's Tools, Gate to the Afterlife, Sunscorcher Desert and the monuments, but at this point I'm grasping at straws.

And then pick up any of the Legends if you want them as commanders. None of them are all that impressive in the 99 except for the overqualified oppressed woman, but she's pretty color restricted. Blue, Green and White gods are "okay", Red and Black one needs a good excuse to be put into your deck.
>>
>>52701002

R - 6
G - 5
W - 3
B - 3
U - 3

I've always been mostly Gruul.
>>
>>52701002
W 3
U 4
B 3
R 3
G 3
hmpf, that worked out rather nicely actually

Atraxa WUBG
Kruphix UG
Xenagos RG
Ravos + Tymna WWBB
Niv Mizzet Firemind UURR
>>
>>52701545
What deck?
>>
>>52701700
My Orzhov identifies xerself as Apache Attack Helicopter. Pronouns are flip/flop/flapself
>>
>>52701819
Oh. You want Exsanguinate and Hatred, then. Maybe Debt to the Deathless if you ramp real well
>>
File: volrath.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
volrath.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52702155
Phyrexian themed Volrath deck
>>
>>52701002
U 4
W 4
B 5
R 3
G 4
Pretty well balanced actually aside from red
>>
>>52701002
U: 6
W: 3
G: 5
R: 5
B: 7
>>
>>52701002
Blue: 27
Black: 37
Red: 28
>>
>>52701002
W 6
U 4
B 5
R 2
G 4

Breya, Gitrog, Hapatra, Marath, NuBruna, Gisa and Geralf, Surrak, Athreos, Sygg, and NuKozilek.
>>
>>52702880
That's a lot of decks to have never touched green nor white.
>>
>>52698243
Scion of the Ur-Dragon dragons
Freyalise/Ezuri Elves
Tazri allies
Krenko goblins
And my colorless led by Kozilek/Kozilek/Newlamog is a significant portion eldrazi, but it's not really tribal.

I really like tribes
>>
>>52701002
W:6
U:6
B:11
R:6
G:6
Oh my. That said, I have 3 Rakdos decks
>>
File: 1460012523900.png (251KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1460012523900.png
251KB, 945x945px
>>52701803
Bump this, also interested in starting with precon
>>
>>52701002
R: 10
B: 3
U: 2
W: 2
G: 1

White is the only deck I run without any red in it.
>>
File: 1492122654682.png (145KB, 255x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492122654682.png
145KB, 255x250px
>>52701002
r 32
>>
File: Soulstinger.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Soulstinger.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
>>52698871
Wow, first new insta slot for my Mikaeus deck in fucking ages.

Every other time it's either been overcosted trash or too expensive (Fucking Ballista Walker)
>>
File: tumblr_n55uzvQigt1r1vvudo1_400.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n55uzvQigt1r1vvudo1_400.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
Have you ever run a commander because you liked its look? How it ended up?
>>
File: 1491597038788.png (618KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491597038788.png
618KB, 800x600px
>>52701002
B 4
U 2
W no
R 4
G 3
Waste 2
Meren, Mizix, Kozilek GD, Boborygmos Enraged, Nekusar, Gonti

Also
>Playing White in commander
ishygddt
>>
I want to make a sultai deck. Suggestions? Can't decide between Sidisi, brood tyrant and the Mimeoplasm. Currently running Gisa and Geralf, Mogis, and Phenax
>>
>>52701803
>>52703415
if you can find them for under 45 dollars now the mono green planeswalker precon and most of the tri color precons are a good starting point and most have multiple paths to upgrade the playstyle or theme of the decks
>>
>>52703665
Three color combination is called BUG actually.
>>
>>52703535
Kaalia -- I bought her precon back in the day because at least she gave me something appealing in the command zone. Turns out she's pretty decent.
>>
>>52703665
you ever thought of tasigar the golden fang?
>>
>>52699868
Have a list for the Ayli? Was thinking of making a deck with her and curious.
>>
>>52701002

W 3
U 6
B 2
R 2
G 2

Azami triple pips running away with the competition
>>
>>52703782
If it's just tribal clerics it literally builds itself anon.

If you want combo it similarly builds itself.
>>
>>52703755
yes, though i'm not too big on delve. that, and i see a lot of overlap with him and Sidisi, though that's probably just lack of creativity at this time
>>
>>52703868
Tasigur is not really about delve. He's more Sultai goodstuff and having lots of answers so you can politic them back to your hand with his activated ability.
>>
>>52701803

All the precons are worth it.

Like, literally, every single one.

Some are obviously more worth it than others, but even the worst are still good value for money.

A few, like Breya, Atraxa and Meren, are easier to upgrade into something more competitive, but there's no real chance of hitting a real dud.

I might steer clear of the mono colored planeswalker ones, but that's more due to my own aversion to mono colored EDH decks
>>
File: I might have a problem.jpg (205KB, 904x433px) Image search: [Google]
I might have a problem.jpg
205KB, 904x433px
>>52701002
This little exercise made me realize I have four zombie tribal decks with redundant themes.
>>
File: mtg15commanderwib1.jpg (155KB, 763x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mtg15commanderwib1.jpg
155KB, 763x1000px
>>52703951
>All the precons are worth it.
Wish you were right
>>
>>52703951
None of them were worth it, you can literally buy singles of any card you want from then and it will cost less than any individual deck.
>>
>>52703987

I like Kalemne... for Voltron.
>>
>>52703987

I like to pretend Boros doesn't exist for EDH.

But yeah, I forgot about Kalemne. In my defense she isn't COMPLETELY unplayable, and you can always just run Gisela as your commander.
>>
>>52704006
And she is awful of course, but you shouldn't buy a $30 deck for a $2 card dumbass.
>>
>>52704000

All of the 2016 Commander decks are worth more as singles than just buying the deck. Even Gay Kangs.
>>
>>52703951
>All the precons are worth it.

This is not true and you know it. At most there are two decks every year worth the MSRP.
>>
>>52703665
Sidisi is about self-mill and zombie tribal. Since you want to hit creatures with her to get your tokens, that pushes you a bit. You can go with the Dredge engine but I find you get a lot of mileage out of Altar of Dementia. Your big, game-winning play is probably mass reanimation though you can go silly and combo with her, particularly with Lab Man.

Mimeoplasm is a combo. Buried Alive into Mimeoplasm (or a healthy amount of self-mill) should turn him into a 1-shot machine via Infect, or you could do a number of other combo routes.

If you'd like a valuetown/goodstuff deck I'd take Damia over Tasigur.

The most fun and unique Sultai commander is Leovold.
>>
>>52704067

I don't believe you, but I'm too lazy to try and math it out
>>
>>52704067
The point is that nobody wants all the singles. Someone could sell you 1k chimney imps for a nickel and it wouldn't be worth it because your not going to play that shit and you won't find anyone else that wants them.

If they have only a half dozen cards you would actually ever use, then its only worth whatever the half dozen cards are worth, nothing more.
>>
>>52704072

>At most there are two decks every year worth the MSRP.

Literally, objectively untrue

Even now all but 1 of the 2016 decks are worth twice their MSRP, and that's discounting the fact that you would probably have to add shipping on top if you bought them as singles.

>B-But muh bulk

Yes, they have bulk because it wouldn't fucking be reasonable to expect Wizards to sell 100 card decks that are made up entirely of 2+ dollar cards you massive retard. The point is that you pay 35 bucks and you have a deck that is highly playable straight out of the box and worth more than you paid for it.
>>
>>52704099
that fucker is $50, I am not dropping that on a single card. do like him and Damia though. The way you describe Mimeoplasm is kinda gross though
>>
>>52701002
B 2
U 2
R 2
W 2
G 2

truly amazing
>>
>>52704052

In my defense... I was just getting back into Magic, saw a Amazonian 3/3 Vigilance Double Striker and ordered it from Amazon without looking at the deck lists.
>>
>>52704129

>"A precon deck is only good if I can strip it for singles and make a profit"

t. Literally you
>>
>>52704245
What a dumb fetish.
>>
>>52704250
A precon deck is only good if you want every single card in them.
>>
kinda surprised flagstones of trokair costs as much as it does
>>
>>52704361
Star City and friends jacked up the prices after the Boom//Bust deck saw momentary success.
>>
File: 0f147b06f9a96dc4d8f316844b956.jpg (160KB, 905x1286px) Image search: [Google]
0f147b06f9a96dc4d8f316844b956.jpg
160KB, 905x1286px
>Running a commander with no flavor text
You are not doing it, right?
>>
>>52704358

Have you considered that, just maybe, the point of a precon deck isn't the exact, specific cards that are in it, but that it allows you to pick out a full deck in one package without needing to figure out and gather all the singles yourself and just sit down and play a fucking game while also having someone with decent venues for further upgrades?
>>
>>52704406
Virtually no commanders are printed with flavour text.
>>
>>52704412
That might be a real excuse if tappedout didn't have a Buy from TCGPlayer button.

Precons exist to exploit new players.
>>
>>52704441

>Twice their value in singles, not even counting the fact that you'd probably be paying an extra 10-20 bucks in shipping by buying from TCGplayer
>Can be bought from an actual game store instead of requiring someone that isn't even in the format yet to be enfranchised enough to even know what Tapped out is
>"Exploit"

You're an actual, real-life mongoloid.
>>
File: maZewzwzSE_EN.png (199KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
maZewzwzSE_EN.png
199KB, 265x370px
>>52704419
>no commanders are printed with flavour text
Anon, I~
>>
File: 141.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
Ah, ramp.
>>
>>52704441
My Kynaios precon has satisfied me greatly.
>>
File: Art_Gruul_01_EfremPalacious (1).jpg (328KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
Art_Gruul_01_EfremPalacious (1).jpg
328KB, 640x498px
Who's the best commander if I wanna have some fun with some lands? Leaning towards Gruul colors since Gitrog toad will sure just end up as a combo deck. Could also do Jund or Dune-Brood Nephilim and just pack them all in the deck. Don't have a plan besides "I want to utilize lands a lot" yet.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
141KB, 223x311px
>>52704605
>this is snake
>pic related is not
>>
File: IMG_1246.jpg (51KB, 419x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1246.jpg
51KB, 419x305px
>>52698243
I have Nin card draw tribal.
>>
>>52699230
yes that mana cost can be payed by either black or white
>>
>>52704732
Borborygmos

I fucking hate playing against Storm Cauldron
>>
>>52699046
You should play lotsa rocks in mono w anyway. Just float mana when its on the stack, then disenchant effect.
>>
>>52699277
She's pretty good, I run her like singleton Mardu tokens and my win percentage is pretty high.

>>52699318
You don't want to stay the Monarch. Losing it results in a combat on each opponent and a free token.
>>
>>52703956
How are you going to get around to using Amonkhet's white zombies?
>>
>>52705029
But he can't use it in monoblack deck, dummy
>>
>>52705257
why not i have a mono white deck with him in it
>>
>>52704732
As a Boboygmos Player and a past Gitrog Player Boboygmos Enraged is the way to go much more fun and it means you usually 95 percent of the time will not be a threat meaning you can slide under the radar and win out of nowhere with stuff like grafted exoskeleton or having a zuran orb out sac all lands to it then creeping reniassance all your lands back to hand to discard to bobo
>>
>>52704412
This literally only works if your group plays at the power level of precons. You can't say that precons are good products just because it let's people be lazy (assuming people that don't want to build their own EDH decks even exist, as I have never met one)

If you want to say that precons are good products for people that don't want to build their own decks go right ahead, though I don't see any of the people you can direct that statement at.
>>
>>52705273
Then you are breaking the rules. You can use only card with same colour as your commander. If your commander has only white mana symbol then you can't use cards like >>52699230 because you treat it like a card with both black and white symbols
>>
>>52705311
oh sorry for the miscommunication i understand now
>>
>>52705273
>Hybrid mana is considered to be either color, thus Kitchen Finks has a color identity of white-green.
So you are playing a BW card in a W deck
>>
Planning on making Riku of Two Reflections my first constructed commander, I already got the mana base of 40 and the necessary ramp spells, where do I go from here? I've mostly looked at other's decklists and their individual cards for ideas on what I want.
>>
>>52705304

>You can't say that precons are good products just because it let's people be lazy

First of all, yes I can, second, literally fucking kill yourself you delusional grognard.

A new player that doesn't have a binder full of format staples isn't "lazy" just because he wants to be able to play and see what a format is like without doing weeks of homework picking out singles to buy a deck that (in all likelihood) will be far more expensive than the precons for not much more enjoyment and waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Thirdly, the precons aren't shit decks (for the most part, there are obviously outliers), unless the playgroup they are sitting down with is ultra-competitive there is every chance that they will be able to have an enjoyable experience playing with a freshly unboxed precon, they might even win. It's happened in my playgroup before.

And, in case I really need to say this AGAIN, the precons are, OBJECTIVELY, worth a good deal more than their MSRP, so the new player is getting a lot more bang for their buck compared to typing "Budget EDH deck" into google and buying the first thing that comes up off of TCGplayer.
>>
>>52705558
You play generic RUG Goodstuff with a side of boring creature combo.
>>
Quick, post non-blue cards that accelerate the game at an impossible pace (manabarbs, hidetsugu, and havoc festival are cop-outs, and need not apply)
>>
>>52705588
>the precons aren't shit decks
$0.05 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>52705838
Any dumb green card that lets everyone ramp.
>>
File: 119.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52705221
Either with the b/w Theros god of passage or Alesha. I will end up cannibalizing one of the mono black decks.
>>
>>52705841
You know that edh precons are not same tier as standard ones?
>>
How useful is Abrupt Decay in commander? I'm looking for a more budget Maelstrom Pulse kinda thing and I can get one AD for cheap right now
>>
>>52705221
Oloro Zombie pillow fort.
>>
>>52706225

>How useful is Abrupt Decay in commander?

Honestly, not great, and certainly no replacement for all purpose removal like Maelstrom Pulse.

AD is just not gonna hit what you need it to hit most of the time.
>>
>>52706225
Depends on your meta.
>>
>>52705937
Literally the second lowest possible tier, above functionally unplayable jank.
>>
>>52705588
Bruh, like I said, these people don't exist on the internet. Anyone reading a Mongolian pictograph forum IS already doing the research into the format, and no one who your post could possibly apply to will ever read it.

If your little 12 year old Billy going to the hobby shop and you save up your allowance for this shit, sure, it's probably the best bang for your buck you can get. If you are an adult with a credit card go online and build a better and (most importantly) more personalized deck for a similar cost. These adults are the kind of people reading your post, so your comments defending little Billy and his purchases are irrelevant at best and come off as disconnected and outright fallacious.
>>
File: opportunity.jpg (34KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
opportunity.jpg
34KB, 265x370px
Do I have autism if I want to use Opportunity over Dragonlord's Prerogative even though I have a couple of dragons in my deck, just because of its beautiful simplicity?
>>
>>52706531
You should use neither.
>>
>>52706531
Just tell yourself it'll be worth it that one time you get to mill someone out with it.
It won't make up for all the times it get redirected.
>>
>>52703782
Sure, one second. Let me update my decklist though
>>
What are some interesting uses for Eon Hub in commander? Are there any decks worth running it against as a hoser?
>>
What's worse: fetches with only battle lands and basics to fetch, or shocks without fetches?
>>
>>52706913
Definitely fetching, might as well run TE/EW at that point.

Shocks are great and cheap now too.
>>
>>52706913
Shocks without fetches.

Why would you have fetches without shocks? Shocks are half the price of fetches.
>>
>>52706977
He was asking which is worse.
>>
>>52706531
This is better than prerogative, probably worse than a simple Blue Suns zenith tho
>>
File: IMG_8284.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8284.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
what's the most recent cards you got in the mail anon?
>>
>>52706996
And I'm asking why anyone would run shocks without fetches?

Unless they're playing Izzet, at which point I guess I could understand.
>>
>>52704494
gay
>>
>>52707074
He was asking which was worse between two options, you replied Shocks without Fetches and then asked why anyone would run Fetches without Shocks.

Are you okay?
>>
>>52706913

I prefer shocks over fetches if you only have one or the other
>>
>>52707141
>you replied Shocks without Fetches
Yes. I did. And then I said something different, but related.

Are you okay?
>>
>>52707048
Manaforge Cinder, Cauldron Dance, Blood Moon from a Pull, Imp's Mischief and Sootstoke Kindler.
>>
>>52707174
Why state one opinion and then argue for the other one?
>>
File: ei ei ou.jpg (81KB, 1174x293px) Image search: [Google]
ei ei ou.jpg
81KB, 1174x293px
>>52707048
This.
>>
>>52707074

>why anyone would run shocks without fetches

Because they come in untapped and permanently make 2 colors?

What does izzet have to do with it?
>>
>>52707310
>how much, i want to buy mine before the decks get popular
>>
>>52707323
tarn is most expensive fetch
>>
>>52707328
Greentexting is the quote function. Please use it responsibly.

On that note how do you not know how to look up card prices?
>>
>>52707310
I'm so fuckin rad I bought foil minos for my theros deck years ago
>>
>>52707393
They're still dirt cheap, only reason I decided to build a shit tribe.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-04-17-atraxa-superfriends/

How would you guys fix this trash?
>>
>>52707310
are these the only usable Minotaur?
there must be more
i want to make the deck it looks fun and cheap
>>
>>52706773
>>52703782
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-04-17-rCX-clerical-error/
It has few cards too many apparently. I'll cut them at some point
>>
>>52707491
It's bad, don't bother.
>>
>>52707626
so? Minotaurs are cool, and it looks fun
i already have top tier deck. why would i need another
>>
File: combo.png (511KB, 577x445px) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
511KB, 577x445px
>>
>>52707701
neat
>>
>>52707009
USZ and other X spells are kind of a nonbo with Jhoira though
>>
>>52707048
Hey I just got a wheel of fortune yesterday.
>>
File: 20170411_152156.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_152156.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>52707048
>>
>>52698243
Emrakul Eldrazi is my only tribal. I keep making it more and more stax-heavy. It was just meant to be a fun tribal deck. I have a problem. Halp.
>>
>>52701002
W - 1
U - 1
B - 2
R - 0
G - 0

Additionally, I run Emrakul.
>>
>>52703415
Can't go wrong with one of the 2015 decks anon. Mizzix, Ezuri, Daxos, Meren and Kalemne are either good decks, or have the building blocks of a good deck.
>>
>>52701002
aww shit son
W 6
U 6
B 8
R 3
G 4

That's not including any online lists, even the ones I use frequently, nor is it counting decks currently in the brewing phase, no matter how close they are to completion.

Reasonably well balanced, the reason B is so high is because I built Gonti AND Lazav (and Sydri and Marchesa and Mimeoplasm and Grenzo). Planning on making something with red in it soon. I feel remarkably well balanced.
>>
File: 1452043876920.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452043876920.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>52701002
>>52709248
However, if we throw in the online lists, plus the brews I have going, it looks more like:

W 23
U 24
B 19
R 27
G 21

Making a ton of different monored variants pushed that number pretty high, meanwhile, Black is lacking in my full list. Maybe I'll have to build a mono-B list.
>>
>>52704197
Mimeoplasm is only as gross as you make him. It's totally possible to cast him as a fuckmassive 20/24 islandwalk trample shroud, and that's not even including effect, but you can ALSO build him to abuse the fact he can clone out of opponent graveyards too. Infect-combo type builds are his strongest and most disgusting, where you can also run mill/graveyard/Villainous Wealth strats too. He's pretty fun if you lay off the infect, imo.
>>
>>52709454
"Set Fire to Yourself" by Anon is a Fag.
>>
>>52709515
W 5
U 63
B 2
R 1
G 41

"Post 'Em" by Every Thread
>>
File: 1491443401618.gif (479KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491443401618.gif
479KB, 500x400px
>>52709454
I've got a graveyard-focused Silas//Ludevic list that I designed specifically around this theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5no-bvzBo0

I've also got a tinyZurgo list that uses vehicles and dash as a drifting joke that can use any song from Initial D, basically, pic related
>>
I run tribal Goblins, Merfolk, Saprolings, and was going to build b/w spirits but now I think I'm going to make it Zombies.

Also pondering R/B Dragons. Or just remake Karrthus.
>>
I can't do it. I cannot make a creatures-and-lands only deck. It's so fucking bad and slow and not fun at all.
>>
File: wort.jpg (555KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
wort.jpg
555KB, 1596x630px
post 'em
>>
>>52709853
Krenko and Karrthus are the only two worth it in terms of srs play.
>>
What's a good free app to play magic online?
>>
>>52709915
Got the deck list?
>>
>>52709839
Jund dragons!
>>
File: template.png (51KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
51KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
oh and here's the template

>>52709985
yeah here
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-the-scientist/

It exists to ramp and power out enormous Fireballs and then Scapeshift/Splendid Reclamation a Valakut nuke
>>
File: hidedsugu.png (1016KB, 1596x640px) Image search: [Google]
hidedsugu.png
1016KB, 1596x640px
>>52709915
>>
File: gwafa.png (843KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
gwafa.png
843KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: what I played-Sidisi.png (975KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
what I played-Sidisi.png
975KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg (113KB, 733x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri-the-Lithomancer-MtG-Art.jpg
113KB, 733x1100px
>>52709454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>
>>52707048
Anguished Unmaking and Toxic Deluge today.
>>
>>52707048
Daretti?
>>
File: traumatized.png (873KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
traumatized.png
873KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: IMG_8234.jpg (102KB, 807x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8234.jpg
102KB, 807x720px
>play defense grid and price of glory
>blue player bitches whole game
>3 turns later combos out
>"serves you right for play stax"
>"stax most op bull shit"
>mfw he says this and combos out turn 6
>in a casual game
anyone else have /That Guy/
>>
>>52710683
Stax is OP bullshit, you were playing a T1 deck against a shit blue deck and still lost
>>
File: deck.png (731KB, 1596x768px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
731KB, 1596x768px
>>
>>52710733
>he playing yidris
>me playing zada
yea good t1 hate there
>>
>>52710733
Defense grid and price of glory isn't stax dumbass.
>>
>>52710733
Show me on the doll where the stax touched you

>>52711023
Premium taste in commander friendo
>>
>>52711057
thx m8
zada best girl
>>
>>52710772
Care to explain? I have a sexy pre-release korlash and nowhere to use it.
>>
>>52710733
show me what red stax deck is t1 bud
>>
>>52711098
True
You ever try the five-color meme for her?
>>
>>52711057
Nowhere because I play Selvala but that doesn't change the fact that stax is a T1 deck.
>>
>>52711182
The ignorance of this statement is so thick it's almost impossible to refute without devolving into personal insults. You're wrong, misinformed and totally misguided.
>>
File: ashling.png (2MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
ashling.png
2MB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
>>52711198
Stax is T1.

I suppose you can believe otherwise but you're factually wrong.

When I made my first reply the anon only had a story where someone said he was playing stax and never claimed he wasn't. In retrospect I would've never made these comments about a Zada deck, but that doesn't invalidate stax's status as a T1 deck or its lack of fitting in at a table against shitty monoU combo decks.
>>
>>52711251
Saying stax is t1 is like saying control is t1 or esper is t1. It's just so devoid of meaning and relevance that there is no possibility for discussion. Strategies, like commanders, are evaluated on a gradient relative to the composition of the deck.
>>
>>52711130
Every game, regardless of board position, I always end up winning by beating people to death with Volrath
>>
>>52711297
But how? I ran volrath and it was profoundly meh.
>>
>>52711291
Stax is a deck archetype, made up of stax cards, which go in the deck and form the deck's composition. I don't understand what your point is.

I'm not sure you play competitive commander.
>>
File: 123.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>52704605
This, Mossbridge Troll, Pathbreaker Ibex, and some other creature(s) to fill out the 10 power requirement... it's beautiful.
>>
>>52711315
Because for whatever reason my playgroup keeps forgetting I run big creatures and keep letting him through
>>
>>52711337
Do YOU understand what stax is? You're doing a lot of talk but all your saying is that an archetype uses one card list, which is patently false. You haven't even discussed which commanders and colours make star a t1 deck.
>>
>>52711402
Nah man, I've got no clue really. I figure it's just like 99 Mon's Goblin Raiders or something.
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Should I run Null Profusion in Toshiro? It seems hilarious to get two triggers off your instant whole you sling cheap kill spells.
Or is the hand size limitation too shitty to bother?
>>
>>52704605
>>52711388
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sakiko-bomb-dropper-ass-stomper/

the list
>>
I need a way to gain tons of life in Golgari. What are my options? Scavenging Ooze's lifegain saved my ass a bunch of times, but it's quite enough.
>>
>>52711837
*it ISN'T quite enough
>>
I am actually kinda annoyed about how good mono green ramp.decs are.
>>
>>52711837
Well you start with 40 life.
>>
>>52711978
Yeah but it's easy to whittle down when you're borderline archenemy all the time, unless Purphoros guy is playing.
>>
>>52711897
Gaea's Cradle is still legal, that's why.
>>
>>52712004
It's 40 fucking life.
>>
>>52711251
>think it's a stax deck
>op said "price of glory"
really makes you think
>>
>>52711173
what just tourer her and use all the other color spells to benignity from her?
>>
>>52712181
To be honest I skimmed the story and didn't notice the Price of Glory, not that it really matters because this is 4chan and I am anonymous. I see Defense Grid in stax lists frequently.
>>
File: 1334715898726.jpg (50KB, 312x387px) Image search: [Google]
1334715898726.jpg
50KB, 312x387px
>>52701002
W: 5
U: 6
B: 7
R: 4
G: 6

Also, anyone mind giving feedback on this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-s-c-e-n-s-i-o-n/
>>
>>52711251
Stax is tier 1 with the Teferi planeswalker or Zur as your commander.

Combo can be anything from tier 5 assemble 10 random creatures that barely function together into a win condition, or it can be tier 1 Food Chain.

Same goes for Stax, you can build a super disgusting Stasis deck, or a janky Rakdos group slug deck with stax elements.
>>
File: tmp_825-57618525793.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_825-57618525793.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>52699046
What about this?
>>
What do you guys think of my deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cpt-sisay-mk-v-1/
>>
File: 1463449154481.gif (1MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1463449154481.gif
1MB, 300x242px
>>52701002
W: 1
U: 1
B: 2
R: 4
G: 3

I LIVE AND DIE BY GRUUL, NIGGA
>>
>>52699871
hit it with my foil wasteland to send a message
>>
>>52711837
exquisite blood +sanguine bond
>>
>>52712308
That is super neat and definitely something no one else in the thread knew but why did you post it?
>>
>>52712378
I was thinking of building sissy just because I got a paradox engine. Why don't you have one? Don't want to piss off everyone by playing every legendary card in your deck in a turn?
>>
>>52712553
>paradox engine
never heard of it till now, when was it made?
>>
Hey any of you fags play on xmage

I'll set up a lobby because I'm itchin' for some EDH tonight
>>
>>52712613
Kaladesh block. It's insane with creatures that tap for abilities. And mana rocks.
>>
File: zadaisfun.png (799KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
zadaisfun.png
799KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: paradox engine.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
paradox engine.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52712613
literally the last set that came out
>cast dorks
>cast pristine talisman, kahlni gem, sol ring, whatever
>make sure you can float 6 or 7 in your pool
>bring out the engine with sisay
>cast the engine, then anything else
>tap ALL your dorks and rocks just to play whatever you feel like
>keep harvesting mana in your pool
>ramp to ungodly mana
>cast x cost card to win
>>
>>52712646
I can see how retarded it is, like, if you have Mangara, with thousand year elixir and Illusionist's Bracers,

you could exile 6 permanents couldn't you?
>>
>>52712670
Wow, I didn't pay attention to last set. This is fucking amazing for Sisay.
>>
>>52712668
I like you, anon
>>
>>52712741
thanks anon
i like you too
>>
>>52712741
>>52712798
Fags.
>>
File: boran.png (868KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
boran.png
868KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
>>52712818
Come join our Cool Guy Orgy, anon
>>
File: ChaosIsFUN!.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosIsFUN!.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: 1491440085471.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1491440085471.png
173KB, 308x326px
>>52712818
no bully pls
>>
>>52712197
Yeah, funnily enough the deck wins more consistently off Jeskai Ascendancy + animated lands + cantrips + lab man than anything else, but it has remarkable depth. Not a great deck, but an interesting one.
>>
>>52699586
the art makes me think that he's this happy go-lucky guy who just heard he was banned and is super chill about it; "shucks, ya got me!"
>>
File: chillvala.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
chillvala.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
>>52713188
An insane clown describes Selvala Storm pretty well.
>>
File: mimeo.png (951KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
mimeo.png
951KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
File: Endrek.png (802KB, 1596x624px) Image search: [Google]
Endrek.png
802KB, 1596x624px
>>52709915

I love these
>>
File: slobad.png (901KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
slobad.png
901KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915

Slobad
>>
File: boom.png (805KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
boom.png
805KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915

Don't fuck with atarka
>>
File: 1371593281419.jpg (177KB, 615x643px) Image search: [Google]
1371593281419.jpg
177KB, 615x643px
>>52713715
>someone actually saved my garbage comic

I feel honored
>>
File: melek.jpg (282KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
melek.jpg
282KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
Pic related

>>52713754
As a fellow slobad player, I laughed hard at that comic
>>
>>52713188
Im retarded, can you explain that shit?
>>
>>52713842
see. i thought sylvala was gonna be boring
but in reality its insanely fast and combos out around turn 3-4
>>
>>52713886
I see the combos, I am just wondering why there is an infinity symbol.
>>
>>52713842
Selvala uses massive creatures to ramp into massive mana, then funnels that mana into sinks like genesis wave x=50 or duskwatch recruiter activations over and over. Imagine sevala with X cost hydras , scaling power = exponential mana growth
>>
>>52713842
You generate infinite mana then cast Genesis Wave for everything or activate Duskwatch infinitely and play all creatures. Then you can get the rest of your nonland permanents with Genesis Hydra and Temur Sabertooth. You basically shit out your whole deck in one turn and use Concordant Crossroads to give it all haste.
>>
>>52713842
A general that ramps you into bigger creatures and then uses those creatures to ramp even further, all while drawing you cards, gets out of control very fast. If you play Selvala, be prepared to dump your entire deck onto the field by turn 4 or 5 every game.
>>
>>52713907
Infinite mana
>>
>>52713919
>>52713913
>>52713912
Would this fit into a Sisay deck?
>>
>>52713933
Yes, http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sisay-the-mindslaver/
>>
File: 1491979155710.png (547KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491979155710.png
547KB, 1200x800px
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/617471#paper
what else should i add?
my only goal is to piss people off
the commander is ashling
>>
File: Tidings.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tidings.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>52706531
>opportunity
>instead of tidings
u wot
>>
File: 162 (1).jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162 (1).jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>52714085
If you're playing Heartless Hidetsugu, you might as well add Grafted Exoskeleton
>>
>>52714122
Neither of them are good but sorcery speed draw spells are terrible
>>
>>52714124
Only if you have a way of draining yourself under 10 on the turn it hits.
>>
>>52714122
>instant vs sorcery
>>
>>52714189
So why don't you save the extra mana for the expectable 1cmc counter that you'll possibly draw off of it
>>
>>52714237
I play none, I play Stroke of Genius instead
>>
File: damnation.jpg (651KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
damnation.jpg
651KB, 1596x630px
>>52709915
>>
>>52714256
>stroke of genius
>in a 2color deck in bad ramp colors
It's 4cmc only to cantrip it.
>>
>>52709915
>>
>>52714085
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/617480#paper
updated version
seems fun
>>
>>52714365
this is evil
whats the wincon?
>>
>>52714426
opponent scooping
>>
>>52714277
What are you on? It's monoblue spell. Revelation is the 2 colours.
Besides, it's an instant that has more utility in late game
>>
>>52714466
It's monoblue, but the color lightness predisposes it for multicolor decks. In monoblue and even 2 colors you'd mostly prefer to run BSZ
>>
>>52714524
I think that getting the spell in graveyard is more important than getting it back in deck
>>
>>52712838
Are you me? I built doran and was so stoked for my badass ents deck, then I found out it was super boring.
>>
>>52709454
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-04-17-x/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI
>>
File: karador.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
karador.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
How does this look?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karador-v20-1/
I play multiplayer pretty much only and the people around me are starting to play really spiky
>>
File: 105.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
105.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Recent orders time? Recent orders time.

Remand (Ravnica version ofc, the Duel Deck and MM2 versions are butt ugly)
Vindicate (Eternal Masters)
Enlightened Tutor (Eternal Masters)
Spire of Industry
Necropotence (Eternal Masters)
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Dack Fayden (Eternal Masters)
Mystical Tutor (Eternal Masters)
Chrome Mox (Eternal Masters)
Vedalken Shackles (Modern Masters)

Guess the deck lads?
>>
>>52716605
Breya, obviously. Only 4 coloured deck that has no green
>>
File: jhoira_of_the_ghitu.jpg (47KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
jhoira_of_the_ghitu.jpg
47KB, 255x361px
>>52716605
just put in an order for jhoira. i cant wait to mass land destruction the fuck out of my play group
>>
>>52711251
Stax is T1 if you build it competitively retard, if you throw winter orb, meekstone, stasis and back to basics in a deck you don't suddenly have a T1 deck.
>>
>>52716908
The new art for both Jhoira and Lovisa are way worse than the original
>>
>>52716908
how do i even play jhoira? if i cast her on t3 she's dead when it's my turn again, do i just fill my deck with mana rocks or what?
>>
File: XenagosTooStronk.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
XenagosTooStronk.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>
>>52717128
you think so? i like the new jhoira one better personally

>>52717136
suspend huge creatures (preferably giant eldrazi with annihilate), fuck around with time counters until they come out at the same time and then blow everything up with shit like jokulhaups right before they come in
>>
>>52717146
you need more ramp
>>
>>52717168
>suspend huge creatures (preferably giant eldrazi with annihilate)

yes i know the basics, i'm asking what turn to play jhoira? do i play her turn 4 assuming i got a mana rock out so i can suspend 1 card before she gets sent to the command zone again?
>>
>>52714122
It's for a Jhoira d3ck lad.
>>
>>52717180
keep in mind i have not actually made the deck yet so take this with a grain of salt. i would play her as early as possible if you can or when you can play her and then suspended in the same turn. she is super cheap on mana so its not like letting her die once or twice is going to be a game ender. ideal you want to have counter magic up or something to protect her but the table isnt just going to let you have jhoira out without trying to do something about it it. she is basically a turn 3 kaalia
>>
>>52717178
How do you think I cast Rishkar's Expertise twice along with Pathbreaker Ibex in the same turn?
I'll give you a hint. It was ramp. Untapping Nykthos and Gaea's Cradle with Garruk is decent.[/spoiler
pls no bully, not competitive otherwise I'd be jerking it to Tazri
>>
>>52717168
I dislike the new hairstyle. She looks super generic now instead of actual Jhoira.
Lovisa got rid of the manface, but she looks like now that she's part of L'Oréal commercial instead of being a barbarian she's supposed to be
>>
>>52717267
ya i can see that, no real opinion on lovisa though. never played her and dont know anyone who does
>>
>>52717614
I used to play her and it was okay, but super battlecruiser-y. She's damn good as a lord, but really I would rather play Jor Kadeen, because white gives some good tokens and the anthem is slightly better
>>
>>52717136
>>52717180
Spend your first turns casting mana rocks, card filtering and pillowfort effects (you will get focused either because you're suspending dangerous shit or because you're the path of least resistance without solid blockers). Don't cast Jhoira until you have 5 mana and at least one card to suspend. Casting her with 3 mana is acceptable if you had to keep a shit hand and you're out of land drops/rocks, but if she gets removed it's gonna go from bad to worse.
>>
>>52714141
Moltensteel Dragon or Treasonous Ogre.
>>
>>52714323
list?
>>
>>52701002

W: 4
U: 5
R: 6
B: 3
G: 3

Izzet League best league?
>>
>>52701002
W: 9
U: 9
B: 11
R: 7
G: 15
For some reason I expected red to beat white
>>
File: By Force.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
By Force.png
193KB, 265x370px
By Force vs Vandalblast if I'm only going to play one?

Number of targets to what's better
1 Vandalblast
2 By Force
3 By Force
4 Equal
5+ Vandalblast

I haven't paid attention to how many artifacts I'm nabbing with Vandalblast. Is By Force better?
>>
>>52718287
Probably vandalblast, it may be more expensive but it's a cure-all.
>>
>>52718287
Overloaded Vandalblast doesn't target allowing you to get past things that give hexproof/shroud to artifacts
>>
>>52718313
Good point. Didn't think about that.
There are also little things that could come up like artifact lands, everyone elses mana rocks and mycosynth lattice where I wouldn't want to pay the extra mana to destroy. Also people seem less mad when your card doesn't give the option to not do something, like Vandalblast destroying lands or Vial Smasher hitting one person over and over.
>>
>>52718287
Vandalblast.
By Force is more comparable to Shattering Spree, though I think it's still worse.
>Vandalblast
Gets around Hexproof/Shroud
Efficient if artifacts >5
Combos with Mycosynth
>Shattering Spree
Scales with artifacts on the field
R for every Artifact
Copies make it hard to counterspell
>By Force
Scales with artifacts on the field
Costs R+Colorless for each artifact
Easy to counter
>>
File: 1482594023755147.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1482594023755147.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>52716655

Ya got me, Brian Weissman and Nate Prawzdik have YouTube channels where they do nothing but play extremely tuned lists and they're both putting out great Breya content right now--took a couple cues from their lists and am loving every card they highly recommend.

Daretti in particular is a damn house, I got her out T2 last game and completely dominated the board.

>>52716908

Noice lad, my group has a Jhoira player that thinks mana rocks are cheating so his deck isn't all that powerful, mass LD would be annoying though
>>
>>52718387
mana rocks are fine but i dont like tutors so my decks are generally less powerful as well
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.