[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 40

File: fenrir.png (1MB, 1000x1288px) Image search: [Google]
fenrir.png
1MB, 1000x1288px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you think of the Bestiary 6's new rougarou? Do they make good awooooos compared to witchwolf skinwalkers (+2 to all saving throws), agathion/archon aasimar, and Bloodforge 1's wulfkin?
Rougarou have +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Int, scent, low-light vision, and polymorph into a wolf 1/day. Seems a little bland and weak to me.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52666312
>>
>>52670873
>not turning into a wolf at will

That's silly. Why is Paizo so obsessed with X/day abilities?
>>
>>52670895
15 MINUTE ADVENTURING DAY
>>
>>52670895
don't worry, you'll be able to get it ALL DAY for the low-low cost of all of your feats!
>>
>>52670895

They think it makes for epic sessions.

OH WOW YOU BROKE OUT YOUR SPECIAL CARD.
>>
>>52670873
>What do you think of the Bestiary 6's new rougarou?
Full list of racial traits and ARTs can be found here:
https://pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv
>>
>>52671048
As opposed to:

"Oh the barbarian popped rage at the wrong fight, and now they're almost dead and useless."
>>
>>52670873
Both of the pastebins are a-okay.

So you pass... for now.
>>
File: 1453264829737.jpg (13KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1453264829737.jpg
13KB, 400x390px
>>52671067
Report and ignore as always.
>>
>>52671067
Remember, report and ignore.
>>
>>52671067
You're really determined, aren't you?
>>
>>52670873
Remember, report and ignore.
>>
>>52671163
>Roryanon posts in thread with trip on
>IP count stays the same
SUSPICION INTENSIFIES
>>
>>52671187
Once again, we've already determined that Roryanon isn't smart or clever enough to pull off that kind of bamboozle
>>
Did logs of LoB&F get posted?
>>
File: Thinking.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>52671195
>implying anons don't have a tab open all the time
>>
I've been out of it for a while, what games are currently recruiting? Is WWW still going? Has Blingmaker ended?
>>
>>52671242
WWW is still recruiting, you have FOUR days to get an app in!
>>
>>52671187
I guess it has something to do with phoneposting? I'm not sure. I've got a headache
>>
>>52671187
>>52671195
>Once again, we've already determined that Roryanon isn't smart or clever enough to pull off that kind of bamboozle
This just means there's like a 1 in 9 chance that Roryanon is also kitsunefag which is equally concerning.
>>
>>52671242
World War Weekly, shardwalkers, and blingmaker are still receuiting.
>>
>>52671256
Roryanon fucking swear to us you aren't Kitsunefag right now.
>>
>>52671252
>I've got a headache.

This is what you get for thinking too hard
>>
Something I just realized while brainstorming for ideas

I love the idea of just solving encounters and problems with just a few flicks of a finger(So, spellcasters) but dont really like the massive planning, bookkeeping and stuff that comes with it, so what class should be good at this but not boring at it?

I mean, solving problems pays off big time but the amount of planning and experimentation needed on top of praying to the dice makes the whole process tedious
>>
>>52671242
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73477/blood-in-the-fangwood
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
>>
>>52671248

FOUR whole days? I should apply with a dashing cowboy astride his noble steed!
>>
>>52671270
I solemnly swear that I am not kitsune fag. I'm just a normal fag.

I just save the pictures he posts.
>>
>>52671293
almost as bad desu
>>
>>52671216
Look at the old thread's old thread.
>>
>>52671252
>TFW he tries to phonepost to hide his IP, but was too dumb to turn off the WiFi on his phone
Classic Rory!
>>
>>52671278
>8 INT

I guess you're right anon. It could also be the large chunk of wood that fell from ten feet up and cracked across my thick skull

>>52671302
I never repost them. Some are also kinda cute I guess.
>>
>>52671326
Nigga I'm phoneposting by necessity there's no wifi near where I'm at.
>>
>>52671396
>>52671331
>>52671293
Actually fuck off.
>>
>>52671331
Oh, yikes. Realtalk, I hope you're okay, that seems like it hurts!
>>
Are we going to rorypost through this entire thread, or will we actually do something more productive like gush over waifus and talk about Ssalarn?
>>
>>52671425
We can always discuss the inquisitor.
>>
>>52671425
We could talk about homebrew constructs if you want. I still have yet to actually write up anything for a Homunculus Butler/Maid, but I'm open to ideas.
>>
>>52671425
How about we launch a discussion into how to make shields better overall, especially tower shields, without making specialized archetypes.
>>
>>52671436
What's the best way to painlessly rip a child's head off?
>>
Why hasn't Paizo released more Bloodrager Bloodlines.
>>
>>52671417

It's fine. It wasn't a large piece of wood. I'm terrible at eyeballing things- maybe it was ten pounds? It fell and landed like ten feet, the destination being my noggin. Wasn't knocked out. Didn't even hurt that bad. Just had a good laugh over it and took an aspirin
>>
>>52671425

I don't like it when we're mean to people, Rory made a mistake and he's paying the price in-game, shouldn't that be enough? The guy's trying to make new content for the General and be a productive member, which is more than I can say about the people moaning about certain parts of certain people.
>>
>>52671436
Speaking of Inquisitors, is there not a gun-based inquisitor archetype or am I just an idiot that can't find it?
Seems so logical to have a classic witch hunter type inquisitor with a sword in one hand and a flintlock in the other.
>>
>>52671449
Shields would need an overhaul, like a 1/turn immediate action block, bonus to reflex saves vs spells/breath weapons, miss chance. The plain AC boost just isn't worth it when AC is a terrible defense
>>
File: tumblr_ms605i2saf1rbllqho1_1280.png (46KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms605i2saf1rbllqho1_1280.png
46KB, 600x700px
>>52671453
There's plenty of ways...
>>
>>52671477
There's the Black Powder Inquisition. It's really shit last I checked.
>>
>>52671477
Sadly no. However, it makes a good ranged attacker without one.
>>
>>52671484
>1/turn immediate action block, bonus to reflex saves vs spells/breath weapons, miss chance
I'd be down for all of those.
>>
>>52671445
Use wyrwoods as a base then give them + CHA/WIS and -DEX because cute and clumsy butlers and maids are the best thing. Then make a variant that are muscle maids (+STR/CHA -INT) and you are golden
>>
>>52671449

Shields provide double AC and heavy shields give Evasion for the purposes of cone or line attacks.

Now shields make you a tank and can do the Iconic "knight blocking dragonfire" thing.
>>
>>52671488
Wow, that's not at all worth taking.

>>52671498
I kind of want to use firearms, though.
>>
>>52671436
Monster tactician inquisitors, cuz Paizo still haven't learned their lesson from summoners.
>>
>>52671484

>Once a round, you can initiate a shield-bash to cancel an attack, if you roll higher than the attack than it is negated

Yes.
>>
>>52671512
>the Iconic "knight blocking dragonfire" thing.
Is that even possible without 3pp stuff?
>>
>>52671532
Yeah with weapon mastery feats
>>
>>52671532

Only with the Tower Shield and only after spending a move action placing it down as cover.

You can't even get a feat to do this, and the ray shield fest line is mysteriously behind DEX requirements (which is odd because STR are the ones who use shields.)
>>
>>52671526
>You may place a tower shield down as an immediate action, unequipping it and jamming it into the floor in the process, creating a 5ft wide wall until you pick it back up again as a standard action.
>>
>>52671532
Not that I know of

>>52671502
>>52671526
Maybe make different shields give different sub actions. So maybe tower and heavy get either evasion or a bonus to reflex saves, in addition to tower shields not getting super dicked with max dex, acp, and actions. small could maybe be immediate action block or something, or better at bashing
>>
>>52671516
Dip a level of Gunslinger?
>>
>>52671516
Isn't there an inquisition for that? Gunpowder or something?
>>
>>52671460

The hybrid classes as a whole don't really get a lot of attention from them. Just one of those things.
>>
>>52671550
There are DEX TWF shield builds. That's the most common one probably.
>>
>Hmm it seems people want us to fix shields
>Okay, I've got an idea! Let's add a SUPER COOL TRUMP CARD move for shieldbearers!
>Oh yeah, players LOVE being able to do a basic move only once per day for EPIC MOMENTS!
>Yeah, so the way it would work is, once per day, if you (and only you) are being attacked by a melee attack with a weapon (not a natural one), you can roll a d20+your shield's enhancement bonus, and if you roll higher than the attack roll, you take half damage from the attack!
>That's great, lets put it in our next book!!
>>
>>52671586
I suppose I could do that, but I'm not at all a fan of multiclassing. Especially in this case, as I'd be Inquisitor 4/Gunslinger 1, missing out on some really great stuff from Inquisitor's 5th level.
>>
>>52671611
See, it should be a 1/turn counter bash attack on physical attacks to negate, and not cost a feat.
>>
>>52671522
Playing one right now, it's a blast. Haven't gotten to the point where I can share teamwork feats yet, but looking ahead there are a lot of neat combos to use.

- Precise Strike for loads of d6s, especially with multiple summons
- Broken Wing Gambit is nuts, again with multiple summons. Surround a target and no matter who it attacks it's taking 2-3 AoOs
- Coordinated Charge at 12th level looks absolutely sick, especially with pouncers. Summon everything as a standard action, make one of your summons charge, you and the rest Coordinated Charge... and then the rest of your summons get to full attack or do whatever else they need to.
>>
>>52671611
I doubt Ultimate Wilderness is going to have shield stuff in it
>>
>>52671660
Tribal Shieldmaster archetype.
>>
>>52671449
The problem with shields in general is really because the trade off for using shields versus what you could be doing is not worth of it

Sure, shields give you higher AC, but in general, they are often very negligible in terms of increasing your survivability

Meanwhile, for martial characters, they could instead be two handing a weapon or dual wielding to kill their opponents faster.

The bonuses from using a shield are often very little compared to much higher damage, basically

If you ask me, shields need to offer more benefits. Perhaps make it so that you dont really need feats to realize that hey, you can bash the other guy in the face with a shield

Or give it better defensive benefits in general which can be vital

Something that I thought was missing from PF/DnD also was how there are no options for pavises or deployable tower shields too. I mean, Pavise Crossbowmen were really common back in the Medieval era
>>
>>52671668

The Tower Shield as-written is LITERALLY a Pavise Shield.
>>
>>52671665

>Unga Bunga Cowhide shields
>>
File: Bloodborne Doll Shock.png (321KB, 652x712px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Doll Shock.png
321KB, 652x712px
>>52671504
>a construct being +charisma
>especially homunculi, who have 7 Charisma in every incarnation I can remember

I was about to argue, but then I remembered where I was and what construct gets posted the most. I'd still need to figure out how to actually price them, and stat a few basic ones, in order to make them.
>>
>>52671658
Oh, and I forgot to mention Wild Flanking. Normally it's kind of a shitty feat since you don't want to be attacking teammates (unless you're that kind of character) but summons are fairly expendable anyway so you can go ahead and get that free Power Attack damage.
>>
So is anyone else REALLY hype for Blood of the Sea?

I wonder how much of it is actually going to be viable stuff. Half of me wants to play mermaids NOW, and half of me wants to wait and see...
>>
File: 1465257426191.gif (113KB, 351x382px) Image search: [Google]
1465257426191.gif
113KB, 351x382px
>Michael Sayre

>10% WBL bumps aren't something that we're particularly concerned about;crafting is a core mechanic, and Wizards will actually break teh effects of WBL much more grievously. While the Blacksmith may have a small discount available, most casting crafters don't have the need to provide themselves with armor and weapons, some of the most costly components of equipping any character. That's effectively 300k open cash the Blacksmith won't have (600k worth of items) by end-game, a gap which the 10% discount doesn't even actually close. From a perspective of maximum character effectiveness alongside party contributions, the Blacksmith isn't outdoing current crafting options as far as the functional impact of WBL manipulation goes, because unlike traditional casting crafters, he still has to spend a significant chunk of his cash on standard pacing. By the time you include benefits like Reforge, which negates the cost of random loot (you don't have to eat a 50% loss on weapons or armor that aren't party appropriate), the Blacksmith can establish a slim lead, but that's also fairly conditional; in games where the GM customizes loot to the party, Reforge is a neutral value option outside of negating Sunder costs (which the Blacksmith is most likely to impose, so more often than not, another neutral value).

>Edna the Earth Seraph
>This argument is completely meaningless when a blacksmith can opt for combat methods that involve no purchased weapons at all, such as Alchemy bombing.

>and the other PCs giving the blacksmith things to craft

Was Ssalarn in the right?
>>
Is 1d8+9+5d6 enough damage to drop a CR-appropriate enemy at level 5, on average?
>>
>>52671710
Give them bigger tits, Anon. That's how they get the +CHA.
>>
>>52671696
Sure, but the writing indicates that you are actually holding it up to form a shield wall, instead of planting it on the ground so you can actually have free hands to fire whatever ranged weapon you have
>>
>>52671696
It's written as a piece of shit, anon.

>>52671709
The entire archetype revolves around letting you use shields with the Fragile quality. Not better, but just in general. Like there's a benefit to using them. It lets you, like, once per day prevent it from breaking. For the price of a weapon training.
>>
>>52671668
IMO, Improved Shield Bash should be given for free, and Shield Master on Light, Shield Slam on heavy, change the bab requirements for them to be something like 1 for Slam and 3 for Master, make Bashing Finish a bab 6 or something, and combine focus with greater focus and spec with greater spec.
>>
>>52671644
Then you're pretty much stuck, anon.

There's no way to be a gun using Inquisitor without the Black Powder Inquisition, or multiclassing.
>>
>>52671793
>Granting feats for free at certain BaB levels
I've always liked this idea a whole lot. Never seen anyone do it outside of listless theorycrafting, though.
>>
>>52671824
Normally, I suppose that Fighters with their tons of combat feats should be able to easily get them

Yet, unfortunately Fighters are just underpowered in general, which means nobody ever plays them unless for certain builds

It's quite a problem
>>
File: 450fd6f9d35c515843f275ad3952b66a.jpg (208KB, 446x1000px) Image search: [Google]
450fd6f9d35c515843f275ad3952b66a.jpg
208KB, 446x1000px
>>52671720
>/pfg/ doesn't give fuck about mermaids
Fuck you guys and your shit taste, man.
>>
>>52671872

But anon, mermaids are already a thing in the game, and a lot of the underwater mechanics are super sucky.
>>
>>52671824
I was intending for it to be actual feats, but auto-progression is really nice.

I'd say the tree would be:
Proficiency
-Focus (BAB 1, auto-progresses to greater at BAB 6)
--Specialization (BAB 1, auto-progresses to greater at BAB 8)
-Shield Slam (BAB 1, given free on Heavy/Tower shields)
-Shield Master (BAB 3, given free on Light shields)
--Bashing Finish (BAB 6)

Probably not the greatest, but it'd be enough imo.
>>
>>52671872
>Fuck you guys and your shit taste, man.
Well, we ARE still playing pathfinder aren't we?
>>
>>52671872
That eel woman looks slick
>>
File: bth.gif (1MB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
bth.gif
1MB, 300x189px
I'm conflicted.

Do I try to convince my GM to let me have a Valet homunculus familiar?

Do I keep a regular valet familiar and build the homunculus for [insert non-crafting/casting familiar roles]?

>pic related is mfw considering the benefits of two tiny helpers
>>
>>52671941
True. Pathfinder and 5e are crap tier.
>>
>>52671331
>TFW even the gods hate Rory
>TFW even the gods have failed to smite him
>>
>>52671929
But they're horribly underexplored and underutilized. They are objectively the best nonhuman race, both by stats and otherwise.

Also, I spent my first real campaign playing a martial Mermaid Oracle who lugged around a portable bathtub and used it as a bed. By far the best character I've ever played.
>>52671947
CARLOS...
>>
>>52671998
Maybe the gods feel it's more amusing to leave Rory alive?
>>
>>52671668
I would love to be able to play a gun-tank and actually reasonably wield a shield and firearm at the same time. Not a buckler.
>>
File: 1488484072647.jpg (203KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1488484072647.jpg
203KB, 1023x682px
Alright guys I want an honest answer because I've been wondering this since I started playing a couple of years ago.
The game is so full of numbers all around and checks for everything, so many situational skills, saves, traits, feats, weapon/armor/equipment/ingredient/component/material details that don't even seem to matter but without them you just kinda get lost and don't know how to solve shit in your game.
There are so many races and features, subraces, subclasses, deities, patrons, familiars, summons and a fuckton of other things contained within very simple shit like say, using the spell Vomit Swarm (just checking on the info of the Spider Swarm gives you tons of information that you never know whether or know you'll use like Swarm Traits, Tremorsense, use of Dex for Climb checks)

How do you deal with all this shit in a regular campaign? Do you use it all? How? Do you just ignore it all and make up your own shit for convenience?

Sorry for the long post but I've been going crazy over this for so long.
>>
>>52672020
can you imagine getting to use a tower shield and a two-handed firearm while wearing heavy armor and having all of those be good?
that's my dream
i've wanted to play that character for years, on and off
it keeps coming back whenever i make a character for a new game, i try to make it work, it fails, and i shelf it again
>>
>>52672020
One wonders why cant you be like one of those tacticool spec ops people who use ballistic shields combined with an SMG or some one handed firearm no?

I guess thats straying into 3PP or Modern
>>
Hmm. I still don't know. Which one is better overall, Enervation or Acid Pit?
>>
>>52672056
I just deal with the shit as it goes. It does wonders for my sanity.
>>
>>52672056
Roll with what you know and remain ignorant about the rest. If a player knows something, confirm it and move on.

It's not like anything is going to break if you forget that having the high ground gives you a +1 bonus to attack.
>>
>>52672056
I know most of it by heart at this point and just wing things in-game from memory and gut feeling. On rare occasions where nobody at the table has any fucking clue how X thing should operate, we figure out a "close enough" for the time being and thumb through the mountain of rules later.

Honestly, though, my group basically isn't playing Pathfinder anymore, with all the homebrew and 3pp stuff we've layered on it.
>>
>>52672056
Just roll with the punches
>>
>>52672069
Enervation if you can reliably hit it. Acid Pit otherwise.
>>
File: 1478653474661.jpg (8KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1478653474661.jpg
8KB, 250x211px
>>52672057
>Shields suck
>Guns suck
>Heavy Armor sucks
>WF+DA exist
>only brutal slayer gets str to ac/reflex, and still gets dicked on initiative and skills.
G-good thing I'm a polearm dancer dexfag.
>>
>>52672057
I'm trying to make it work with a heavy shield and two handed firearm. The character does fuck all damage but I'm not going to give up the aesthetic. I won't.

>>52672058
You'd think a Gun-Tank would be specially trained in effectively using a combination of shield and firearm! As it stands you are incapable of reloading a weapon when using anything more than a buckler, iirc. I have to spend thousands of GP to be able to use even a pistol and a shield at the same time and reload it regularly. That or stray into 3pp.
>>
>>52672119
Oh is it time for the daily strfag pity party
>>
>>52672119
>not taking Reactionary and Improved Initiative and a stance that gives +4 Init
>>
>>52671726
Anon that's silly. You're silly.

I'll give it some thought though, run through some different variations on it, slap some statblock examples together to show my GM. Wyrwoods being small sucks, as does the precedent for medium versions only having 20 ft land speed when medium. Granted, Race Points are shit and this isn't supposed to be a "player" race anyway.
>>
>>52672145
What stances give +4 initiative?
>>
>>52672145
>oh man strbros have so many more feats
>b-but you gotta take this one 3pp archetype/class combo and burn a feat on imp. initiative.
>and you'll still wear light armor, and two-hand weapons.
>>
>>52671722
4.5+9+17.5=31
Average HP of a CR 5 enemy=53.4
No.
>>
>>52672119
I love being a dex-based melee character that teleports around and never gets hit!

Being able to stand toe-to-toe with monsters is for retards! I don't want to be able to block deadly attacks with my shield and keep on trucking, being touched at all is for gay people! I love doing backflips and shit when I swing my katana and can't imagine what kind of total fucking loser would want to smash an enemy's skull in with a mace!
>>
>>52672170
There's a few.

Take a look. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/
>>
>>52672056
If you're worrying about having too much material to use(or want to just make rulings up on the fly for the sake of convenience), then Pathfinder is MOST DEFINITELY a terrible choice of system for you.

That said, in any actual campaign, majority of that material can be ignored. Some obscure feat or trait? If a player picks it, they should have it referenced on their sheet, otherwise you can ignore it. Dex to climb checks? Even if a creature you want to use has that ability, it's still irrelevant 99% of the time, since you'll just use the listed bonus anyway(assuming the creature even has to make climb checks). Swarm traits and tremorsense? You can check those rules in advance(and maybe add a bookmark or description) if you think they'll come up during the session.
>>
>>52672133
>I'm trying to make it work with a heavy shield and two handed firearm.
god bless, anon
let me know if you manage to make it operate at at least t4 level and i'll play it too
i sure as hell gave up at this point, though
>>
>>52672170
Embrace the Elements-Fire
Silver Crane Waltz
Elemental Flux Stance-Air
Riven Hourglass Stance
Battle Dragon's Stance
Scarlet Duelist Attitude gives a +5
A few others scale into a +4 at higher levels.
>>
>>52672186
I'm asking because I don't want to check through all the different disciplines, there is no easy search for maneuvers because of how they're separated
>>
>>52672181
>block deadly attacks with my shield
Sure, pal
>being touched
What is touch AC
>>
>>52672133
Is there really no way to play a big honkin' shield + gun dude even with 3pp stuff? I saw someone complain about this a few days ago, as well. It seems like a simple enough concept, how can there be no support for it? Is STR to ranged attacks on two-handed firearms wielded in one hand that unreasonable?
>>
File: nevermind then.jpg (28KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
nevermind then.jpg
28KB, 300x562px
>>52672119
>try to refute that by mentioning my 34 AC build with heavy armor
>oh wait it's a dex build
>>
There should be a feat to make shield bonuses apply to touch AC and Flat Footed AC.
>>
>>52672069
How many CR 7-8 enemies are of the large or smaller category and don't have flying or very high reflex saves?
How many CR 7-8 enemies have a Touch AC under 13 and no SR?

Whichever one has the least amount of monsters in their category you pick.
>>
File: 1438193423892.gif (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1438193423892.gif
2MB, 720x405px
>>52672212
Oh god, that's not going to happen. That definitely won't happen, but I can fucking dream.

I could probably make it work with Path of War but I really don't want to resort to that.
>>
>>52672240
There's no hope for gunlance bros. We will never NICE ROMAN in pathfinder.
>>
>>52672237
Feat that allows you to 1h a 2hander.
Get a gun
Get a fat ass shield
Be an initiator to smooth out your issues.
>>
>>52671532
There's a few ways to kind of do it. Covering Shield is intended to let you use your shield to block breath weapons, and with stamina you can add your enhancement bonus to it. Tower Shields can do it natively, but they require either a standard action to place down or investment into Mobile Bulwark style to do it as a Swift/Immediate. I'm probably forgetting something else as well.
>>
>>52672077
>>52672102
>>52672103
>>52672113
So you either know it already and work it that or just ignore whatever the group doesn't know by heart?
I've found myself using complex shit that not everyone in the group knows because our DM is ok with me reading extra material on the game's pdfs (the other guys never bother to read anything) so I stumble upon lots of situational bonuses or fucktons of information to work on for my character.
>>52672209
For some reason I can't just ignore all the information relevant for my character. If I'm using a Treant - Witch I need to write down the +2 nat armor bonus, its Lithe feature, its Tree Shaped drawback and so on because otherwise I can't play it comfortably.
>>
>>52672268
>loading gun
>needing dex to aim gun, but limiting max dex with armor or shield
>shields being useless defensive options
>shields needing a ton of feats/class features
>guns needing a ton of feats/class features
>needing 3pp
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>52672303
dont forget you need 17 STR to 1hand a 2handed firearm but all that STR is going down the fucking drain since you're shooting a gun and not clubbing people with it
>>
Where's a bored neet with homebrewing experience when you need one?
This is an archetype for Unchained Gunslinger right here, and it writes itself.
>>
>>52672252

There is, though it's for Path of War.
>>
>>52672322
Not like this.

NOT LIKE THIS.
>>
>>52672301
Whatever I don't remember off the top of my head I look up. Some of my party members don't read for shit.
>>
So the Lich Oracle Curse says "You have (unknowingly) fulfilled most (but not all) of the ritualistic components to achieve lichdom." Is the actual ritual to becoming a Lich touched upon anywhere? I can't think of anything you could have done to unknowingly go down the path to becoming a Lich. Maybe I'm just not creative.
>>
>>52672252
>flat-footed
They do that already
>touch
Mobile Bulwark Style
>>
>autistic strength fags screech autistically about how upset they are that they are still the #1 choice for damage but can't do LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
>>
>tfw level 4 goblin alchemist
>tfw 30 dex after reduce person & mutagen
>tfw use other buffs to try and have high AC
>tfw comes out to 29 AC
It doesn't feel like enough
>>
>>52671998
if this isn't proof of there being no god, i don't know what is
>>
What tier is vanilla magus?
>>
>>52671965
My game starts in an hour guys can I get some advice?
>>
>>52672420
>>
>>52672351
Shield-Wielding Gunslinger? I'll get right on it.
>>
>>52672403
Hey, I'm autistically screeching that I can't be a 2h firearm+shield+heavy armor faggot without being a useless clump until 14, where the campaign will end and my party will still do everything better than me.
>>
>>52671965

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>52672403

It's because being a damage dealer is not only taken for granted in Pathfinder, it's often the butt of a joke.

Doing direct HP damage is always said with a sneer around here.
>>
>>52672431
Okay what about eldritch knight?
>>
>>52672424
Just talk to him dude, tabletop gaming is all about making choices and discussing whether or not you can do x thing. Often times based on your DM's advice.
>>
>>52672445
Unchained Gun-Tank, if possible. Heavy Armor, maybe even a Tower Shield. In a dream scenario it somehow gets to one-hand two-handed firearms and also use STR instead of DEX. Maybe by forcibly staggering itself or something.

But a shield-using gunslinger is already more than nothing, so that's fine too.
>>
>>52672448
God, I really want to do that too. Fuck. Maybe I should try to brew an archetype...
But I'm bad at that kind of thing.
>>
>>52672450
Ironically its the way most problems are solved

Nobody actually cares about the wizard with his PLAN PLAN PLAN, everyone cheers on the dude with a sword who kills the evil overlord.
>>
File: no god unlimited power.gif (63KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
no god unlimited power.gif
63KB, 468x240px
>>52672414
>>
>>52672457
A properly built EK is a Fighter 1/Wizard 5/EK 10/Wizard 4. You've got 9th level spells. You're T1.
>>
>>52672497
It would honestly need a whole class + feat tax stuff to pull off, with maybe an initiating archetype.
>>
>>52672478
STR to hit and damage with a firearm would be too much. I just want to reasonably be able to do what gun tank is supposed to do. Be a fucking gun tank.

That is, I want to wear heavy armor, wield a shield, and not be penalized so hard for doing so that I end up with less AC than a regular DEX gunslinger while also doing less damage than one.
>>
>>52672457
PrC aren't tiered in pathfinder because they're not worth taking most of the time.

That's starting to change, but early pathfinder PrCs were Real bad and only satisfied some builds. I.e. Eldritch Knight never saw much play because it didn't offer much and had a LOT of dead levels, while Dragon Disciple fit into Niche Gish builds.

Don't know what you're planning, but Eldritch Knight will likely not scratch that ich.
>>
>tfw that undefinable funk of intangible anxiety and frustration over your posts in text-based campaigns

The worst part is I'm apparently good at writing characters, but when it comes time to use them I feel like I flounder.
>>
I find it funny that anyone who plays with PoW still thinks STR is better than DEX.
>>
File: 1491918616797.jpg (533KB, 1300x578px) Image search: [Google]
1491918616797.jpg
533KB, 1300x578px
So.

One tentative plan is to set this game of monster-men and monster-women in the aftermath of a theoretical Kingmaker campaign. Brevoy has fallen to civil war and been absorbed by its southern neighbor, forging a new McEmpire.

One that hasn't been very kind to a lot of people, and has driven out a great deal of those who were either too monstrous or too dangerous to be considered a part of the new society.

Thoughts? I'm interested to hear how the idea to set this in Golarion rather than a homebrewed setting might affect interest in the game. I know myself well enough to realize that world-building tends to be something I get carried away on, but that might still be an option.
>>
>>52672148
+CHA can always be justified by making the androids sexy. I mean, hey, here's a few variants you could use- I would recommend just making them a custom 0HD race, using 15pb, and then adding NPC class levels if they're not ever gonna SEE adventuring. You can also have a campaign hook with the creator of them living vicariously through his butler homunculi going adventuring.

>Manual Labor Butlerdroid
+STR/DEX -CHA (Strong and understand orders, but they're dull as heck. They do manual labor)
>Social Butlerdroid
+CHA/WIS, -STR (much more decorative frames with emphasis on form over function, designed as escorts)
>Upper-class Butlerdroid
+DEX/WIS -STR (a mix between the two, designed for everyday work that doesn't require heavy lifting)
>Bodyguard Butlerdroids
+STR/CHA -INT (strong homunculi that are programmed to follow orders and such, while also being able to go out in public)

>>52671998
>The gods have failed to smite Rory

That's a scary thought. What kind of hidden power is this idiot hiding?
>>
>>52672536
>>52672457
But if you do anyway, do >>52672518
>>
>>52672546
>Implying that a Brutal Slayer Stalker w/ some way to get Rage and a 2h weapon isn't the most murderous thing in the universe.

Okay then
>>
>>52672303
Max Dex only affects your AC. It does nothing to your attack rolls.
>>
>>52672546
Especially with the elephant in the room rules giving free weapon finesse, agile maneuvers, and power attack to literally everybody at 2nd, if not 1st.
>>
>>52672546
>[laughs in Brutal Slayer/OD/ZS Warder]
>>
>>52672562
Its almost like 1.5 stat to damage is really fucking good
>>
>>52672559
>a 2h weapon
Noooooodachi
>>
>>52672518
An alternative build for this is Sohei 1 Sorcerer 6/EK 10/Sorc 3. Wis for Arcane spells! Flurry of blows!
>>
>>52672534
You know what I want?
I want a character that gets Privateer's Sea Combat and Brutal Slayer's Muscle Memory.
But without having to be an initiator.
I like initiators, but my group doesn't, so I can't play them.
>>
>>52672548
No, please go with a homebrew setting for this. Brevoy is boring as piss.
>>
>>52672575
Nonsense, everyone knows the best weapon for a Brutal Slayer is a Falchion
>>
>>52672567
>[laughs in DD Warder while being literally invincible]
>>
>>52672561
It's still a point of active dissynergy with the idea, since the high dex to aim and damage would be better suited to light armor, because of acp, gp costs and movespeeds.
>>
File: 1483807062578.jpg (72KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483807062578.jpg
72KB, 854x480px
>>52672548
Uh...
>Brevoy's cool
>I know Golarion

Um...
>I know Golarion's shit
>Customized settings are more interesting
>>
>>52672583

No, Brevoy is cool.
>>
>>52672583
How can he lure anons into his game without vague mentions of 'kingmaker' which somehow gets dicks hard and makes people apply.

Besides Homebrewed settings just get shit on anyways
>>
>>52672431
Archetypes take them up at all or is it mostly the same?
>>
>>52672582
Can't you just play an initating class but, like, drop maneuvers? Like, just don't have any maneuvers or stances. Pretty much all the full-initators stay at t3 if you do that, don't they?
>>
>>52672571

We need to do away with that.
>>
>>52672571
Is the extra 50% main stat *that* important? Even with a 24 str, that's only +3 damage per hit. Seems like a small amount compared to the other benefits of dex.
>>
>>52672627
Yes, it adds up fucking fast dude.
>>
>>52672478
Working on it now, and the only weird part is that there's a bit of overlap with the Gun Tank with what I was planning, mostly because of thematic similarities. The shield part will hopefully set it apart.
>>
>>52672643
I think it's perfectly fine if it just powercreeps gun tank, seeing as guntank is shit.
>>
>>52672627
When you're Zenith Striking/hitting with multiple attacks, yes. When you get that second iterative now you're doing 3x str while the dexfag is doing 2x dex. And if you crit it's even more if a difference.
>>
>>52672615
Hexcrafter bumps them up to t2

Hexes are Really good.
>>
>>52672606
>>52672599
What about Brevoy has ever been cool that isn't just MUH POLES?
>>
>>52672627
power attack scaling up when you twohand a weapon is also very potent
>>
>>52672623
>Pretty much all the full-initators stay at t3 if you do that, don't they?
I'm pretty sure NONE of them would be above t4, and most if not all would be in t5. Without maneuvers, their abilities just aren't that impressive, and they don't have NEARLY enough versatility for t3.
>>
>>52672607
>Homebrewed settings just get shit on anyways
Unless they're grimdark and full of monster rape, or packed with fat bull-man cocks. But God help you otherwise.
>>
>>52672681
There's pretty much nothing in Brevoy besides that and muh Fae.
>>
>>52672668
speaking of hexes, how do you stop the slumber -> coup de grace memebuild from totally romping things without fudging their saves?
>>
>>52672630
So does the better initiative, gp saved from going with light armor, the skills, the reflex saves, the saved pb by only needing dex, con and a mental stat, instead of str, some dex, and con, and a mental stat. And direct damage is still a joke.

>>52672685
Polearm dancer/Daisho expertise for two handing, Power attack is often given with the Elephant in the Room feats
>>
>>52672701
???
You're implying WWW didn't get its shit slapped around by the mere existence of Blingmaker
>>
>>52672548
>>52672607
Anon, anon. You're the one GMing. Do what makes YOU happy, you're the one putting time and effort into this. Anon's are going to shit on you no matter what you do.
>>
>>52672710
don't forget that for a strfag to have as much dex as a dexfag he often has to have like -12 armor check penalty and a speed of 20 or even 15
>>
>>52672681

It's not a le quirky Kingdom stuffed full of zany bullshit. In a world like Golarion, being "traditional" is actually unique.
>>
>>52672733
Just honesty, for some reason people are mega dickhard for Kingmaker even though its arguably one of the worst APs, if not actually the worst.
>>
>>52672708
well
if the dream comes true
Misfortune, into Slumper
Makes then have to roll twice and take the lesser for that Slumber and have a good time.
>>
>>52672704
Maybe, but /pfg/ is REALLY fucking autistic about lore and setting. If you try and change a thing about goblins, for instance, you're going to get reamed, because even if Paizo goblins are terrible, you're changing something, and that boils /pfg/'s piss.
>>
>>52672742
by dex i meant ac, i'm falling asleep and mumbled my keyboard
>>
>>52672742
Honestly, those are the reasons I dexfag. I fucking hate the acp and reduced movespeed on heavy armor. All that extra damage doesn't matter if I can't get to the enemy to hit him.
>>
>>52672744
That's not necessarily a good thing. Honestly, that "le quirky" shit is where 3.PF shines.
>>
>>52672710

AND YET ALL THE COOLEST CHARACTERS ARE STRENGTH BASED.

Fuck your twink, I want to open a pickle jar!
>>
File: HNl772S.png (220KB, 350x381px) Image search: [Google]
HNl772S.png
220KB, 350x381px
>>52672763
I think disable device would cover that.
>>
>>52672708
Sleep immunity comes to mind
which just means "Play an Elf" for easy
magic items for player rewards
>>
>>52672777

Delete this.
>>
>>52672761
>>52672744
Let's analyze this a little more--what are examples of Golarion areas being "le quirky"?

Honestly, there's not a whole lot that comes to mind.
>>
>>52672763
BARA META
>>
>>52672777
you could also say you want to use escape artist to assist the pickles by opening the jar
>>
>>52672805

BUY BUY BUY
>>
>>52672803
I assume he's talking about places that take a step out of trying to be "generic europeland" like Varisia, the Manawastes, the Shackles, Numeria, etc.
>>
File: 1462063573517.jpg (396KB, 724x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462063573517.jpg
396KB, 724x1200px
>>52672763
Cool is subjective. I like lithe characters.
>>
>>52672803
If a region or nation has a schtick of any kind to make it stand out, be it a particular creature common to the area (Realms of the Mammoth Lords, Hold of Belkzen), a particular country it's based on (Qadira, Andoran, Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Galt), or a particular genre it's themed around (Ustalav, Numeria), then it's obviously shit.

Only places with no identity that try to pretend magic isn't a thing, like Brevoy, are intended for mature readers such as myself.
>>
>>52672777
>Implying a dex character wouldn't just use his razor-sharp adamantine katana to cut the jar perfectly in half while at the same time slicing all the pickles into nice, bite-sized chunks, sending them flying into the air, and effortlessly catching them with a plate
>>
>>52672822
Not not Tkaner.
>>
>>52672763
>>52672777
>>52672822
What about QUALITY characters, those with near-equal STR and DEX? 14/14 or 16/16, even?
>>
>>52672846
that's pretty much only longbow fags, anon
>>
>>52672835
But Brevoy's just Game of Thrones with not!Katanas as their cultural weapons. Therefore, by your own logic, it's shit.
>>
>>52672865
Or savage technologists
>>
>>52672822
Pretty sure Stocke was a STR/INT character, just didn't put enough points into CON.
>>
File: Runescape Goblin.jpg (37KB, 480x311px) Image search: [Google]
Runescape Goblin.jpg
37KB, 480x311px
>>52672756
What does /pfg/ think about RuneScape's goblins? They're actually outsiders from another dimension brought over by Bandos (a Gorum-style god of war) to fight in his wars, along with all the other goblinoids like hobgoblins, ogres, and orks

They're militaristic, but are generally beaten down before they can muster up a large force

In addition, there was a rogue faction that didn't want to fight that broke off and fucked off into a cave under a swamp, where they have a steampunk society. In the events of one quest, the cave goblins even get a train set up between the main dwarf city and their own goblin city, and they've got cordial relationships with the dwarves
>>
>>52672870

The dragon has THREE HEADS, NOT TWO.
>>
>>52672865
Couldn't you also play a Vigilante with that, by taking Lethal Grace?
>>
>>52672756
I honestly think Golarion goblins are some of the better bits of PF lore.
>>
>>52672763
>not having your strdaddy open the jar for you while you stroke his stupidly enormous biceps with your 24 dex fingers
>>
>>52672871
who even plays that

>>52672879
lethal/trained grace don't seem worth it to me
>>
>>52672874
No idea who this is, I just saved art for a magus dude.
>>
>>52672763
>implying I can't just get some hot water and towel.
>>
>>52672822
desu, at 25 PB I can get behind Str for damage Dex for to-hit. Not quite full QUALITY, but at least a 14/18 sounds pretty good imo. Unfortunately, not many classes actually reward you for that.

>You can't get 2 fighter weapon groups, or two different weapons, at full progression
>Vigilantes wouldn't have enough feats for that shit, and with 3pp would probably have to split talents
>your DM ruled D2D came with finesse, instead of being a separate feat

kill me
>>
>>52672908

Yeah sure thing ma'am, want extra cream in your tea?
>>
>>52672875
RuneScape did pretty much everything right in the lore, up until the team shuffle happened and some fucking idiots took over and started turning it into EPIC GOD WARS WHOAAAAAAAAAAA

RuneScape has the best goblins, the best dwarves, the best elves, the best gnomes, the best everything. It's my main inspiration for tabletops.
>>
>>52672917

14/18 is the ideal for Ranged based characters.
>>
So, uh, quick question. I could have sworn there was a feat or something (in 1pp) to make armor training affect shields too. Not Tower Shield Specialist, since that's specific to Tower Shields, but something for the other shields.
>>
>>52672944
and that is literally it, unless you're a non-D2D TWFer
>>
>>52672917
>14 str, 18 dex
>while 2h, +4 to attack, +3 to damage
>or spend the feat to get deadly agility, netting +1 damage and 5 pb for anything else
really works the grey matter.
>>
>>52672992
That's an extra feat you don't need to spend though.
>>
>>52672688
Some disciplines are exceptions - Sleeping Goddess comes to mind, with water walking, spider climb, and flight available as a single stance, as well as telepathy, teleportation, and eventual anime beating someone into friendship.
>>
>>52673007
if i could spend a feat at level 1 to gain extra point buy i would do it every single time
>>
>>52673007
Also means you can't take Power Attack.
>>
File: Thinking Man stock photo.jpg (16KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking Man stock photo.jpg
16KB, 300x450px
>>52672992
>be an avenger vigilante
>have 14/18
>at level 4 you're sitting pretty at +4 attack, +4 damage, +5 damage if you 2h
>can power attack, use a composite longbow, and more
>your damage continues to scale with level, and you have just enough Str to get the best of both worlds

jogs the noggin, it does
>>
>>52672992
>can't use a composite longbow
>can't Power Attack
Hmmm...
>>
>>52673007
>>52673043
Initiators don't really need feats, and with the common /pfg/ feat tax rules, power attack is given anyway.
>>
Should I make a character for WWW? Even though it's this close to closing?
>>
>>52673080
>muh feat taxes
>letting people power attack without 13 Str

what kind of fag...
>>
>>52673093
Yeah, go for it. No reason not to
>>
>>52672936
It does. Runescape was my favorite RPG, lorewise, for a LONG time, primarily because... well, there was a LOT of worldbuilding in it! And the quests strike me more as something you'd see in a proper DnD game rather than "kill twenty bears," with puzzles, exploration, dialogue, and boss fights! I think it's great, but the new stuff is not living up to it. A PnP set in Gielinor would be fun!
>>
>>52673147
>tfw you missed the golden age of Runescape
Must've been fun.
>>
>>52673096
I'm not the one that runs these games dude.
>>
What's your stance on refluffing? How far is too far?
>>
>>52673093
Go for it.
>>
>>52673147
God yes. My brother tried to get me into WoW and all I could think was how even in the boring quests in Runescape, the story and dialogue made me forget that the only thing involved was running back and forth between a tower and a city. There were no quests with a wisecracking prince or a cursed town in WoW, just "kill X Ys and come back."

Maybe that happened later. I didn't stick around to see.
>>
>>52673216
My favorite thing in WoW when I played was how quest items were a percentage drop, and pretty fucking low too from what I remembered.

>Get three deer antlers!
>kill a gorrilion deers, only got one antler
>>
>>52673182
Refluffing your race/class/weapons/etc. is too far if it's anything more than minor.

I talked one before about a guy who was playing a variant human with a polearm in 5e and 'fluffed it' as a halfling with a rapier. It was fucking retarded.

I'm fine with obscure setting specific PrCs being refluffed, traits as long as they make sense, feats as long as they make sense, but nothing besides that.
>>
>>52673163
Seriously man, Runescape up to about... a little before the Death of Guthix lorewise and the EoC was a great game. Fun quests, fairly fun minigames that made the most out of the limited engine (It's pretty much a point and click game, but they were INGENIOUS when it came to utilizing it), and it was a great time sink. Membership wasn't even required- you could get all your FtP skills up to 99 without touching membership, and you'd have a great foundation to actually utilize that membership time with.

>>52673216
It's great. You could ostensibly run an AP around some of the longer quest lines in Runescape, starting in the very beginning and then working your way up to the Grandmaster quests , which cannot be said for WoW, I don't think.
>>
>muh +3~4 damage per hit
I'm not surprised to see the nodachi anymore, despite the hate. Clearly, /pfg/ is only about Big-Dick-DPR races.
>>
>>52673302
A lot of the quests and places in RS can just be lifted straight up and they'll be great. Vampire Slayer in Draynor Manor would be a fantastic adventure for a group of level 3s. Spend a while helping the people of Lumbridge and Draynor until you finally hear about the Manor. Find information about vampires, gear up to slay one, head in.
>Somehow it gets dark as you step through the gate, which shuts itself behind you and won't open
>That one tree that attacks you
>The doors to the manor close after you enter
>The chairs follow you around when you're not looking
>The paintings look at you
>There's literally a skeleton enemy in a closet that ambushes you if you go around looting everything
>Gotta do a puzzle to get to the vampire's inner sanctum
>He's a really tough fight unless you toss garlic in his face
>Giant bats swarm your group as you fight him
>Can't kill him without staking him in the heart when he falls over
Just came up with 1-2 sessions worth of adventuring from a single quest in the span of like 5 minutes.
RuneScape is a goldmine for this kind of stuff.
>>
>tfw I think the setting in Game of Thrones would be a fantastic place to have campaigns
>tfw ASOIAF is a bit too clunky
>>
File: Silver_Hand_Murloc.gif (579KB, 307x465px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Hand_Murloc.gif
579KB, 307x465px
>>52671720
Playable Sahuagin?
>>
>>52673446
B R E V O Y
R
E
V
O
Y
>>
>>52673458

I WANT TO BE A WATER DANCER OR KNIGHT OF THE VALE!
>>
>>52673425
The quest to go to Zanaris is fantastic also.
I can imagine the party trying to smuggle their weapons onto Entrana right now. Or kicking the tree spirit to death. Either way.
>>
>>52673478
RUNESCAPE GAME WHEN?
>>
>>52673542
I've always thought about running one. I've got enough autistic know-how about RuneScape to make something good. Not sure if I'm up to the task of actually running a game, though.
>>
>>52673567

Sign me up when you get the chance. A runescape PnP would honestly be the best thing in the world. What were you thinking of allowing, 3pp wise, if you did ever run it?
>>
How much would cost adamantine things? I found prices only foe weapons and armors (and I want adamantine strongbox)
>>
>>52673704
are you retarded
>>
>>52673686
Well, I tried running a game almost a year ago for you guys, but life happened and I had to bail after like 3 sessions. I allowed basically whatever so long as it was roughly t3. That experience taught me how much tougher text-based GMing is as opposed to the voice stuff I run at my friend's house over beer and pretzels. The fact it started at 4 AM and ended at 7 didn't help much either. Not sure if I'm up to the task, nowadays, as my schedule is much tighter and basically no one here is anywhere near my timezone. In theory I would like to run a game, though. I still think back to that brief time where I was running that roll20 game with fond memories, even though it was pretty bad and real short.
>>
>>52673567
How much do I have to pay for membership?
>>
>>52673750
5 bucks a month
>>
>>52673704

Mithral is +500 gp per lb and as a trade good costs 500 gp per lb, extrapolating from this Adamantine would be +300 gp per lb.

A small chest (strongbox) is 25 lbs, so that would be 7,500 gp for pure Adamantine.
>>
>>52673759
Pretty sure that price has gone up a lot from the olden days.
>>
>>52673771
Looks to be a little under ten bucks a month now.

http://www.runescape.com/members_benefits
>>
>>52672728
Not really? Blingmaker was pretty much ignored aside from knightposting and shipping until people calmed down about wanting to fuck the doll.
>>
>>52673801
Speaking of, there's a Runescape documentary out now!
>>
>>52673833
pfft
>>
Is there some consensus on which blingmaker apps are good? I want to get a feel for what is not shit.
>>
>>52673833
>Blingmaker was pretty much ignored
Pffft hahaha on what planet exactly did this happen? Blingmaker fucking ate WWW's lunch.
>>
>>52673863
>>52673863
>Is there some consensus on which blingmaker apps are good?
Yes. None of them are good.
>>
>>52673863

It's a meme game. More meme = more gooder.
>>
>>52673863
Most of Blingmaker's apps are looking pretty good by now, though a lot of them have been left to stagnate since the GM won't be able to give his reviews for another few days at least (which only really leaves the weekend to clean up their act).

Andrei, Branwen, Franze, Gregori, Kyras, Milre, and Myrna are all looking pretty good now, but that's mostly based on just this anon's opinion.
>>
File: 1487224617746.jpg (151KB, 900x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1487224617746.jpg
151KB, 900x1192px
Anything good in heroes of the darklands?
>>
>>52673914

I can't wait to get DM's opinion on how trash my app is!
>>
>>52673943
I was lucky enough to get one before his connection troubles, and really, the GM's a nice guy with a good head on his shoulders. He gives really extensive and constructive criticism, so if you follow his advice you'll probably have a really strong chance at getting in.

Good luck! What's your app, by the way?
>>
WWW just got its doug my dudes.
>>
>>52673750
You and purchase bonds which give you two-weeks of RS membership by farming gold. Also Old School RS servers are a thing so you can still experience the glory of the olden days. 2006 was a good year.
>>
>>52673968

It's a surprise~
>>
File: emoji.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>52673968
>mfw the GM didn't have much to say about mine
>tfw it means my app is good as is, or he already counted it out
>>
File: 1490044079699.gif (2MB, 360x229px) Image search: [Google]
1490044079699.gif
2MB, 360x229px
>>52673981
Woooooow.
>>
File: MHP3rd_Gunlance.png (522KB, 859x580px) Image search: [Google]
MHP3rd_Gunlance.png
522KB, 859x580px
Alright, version 1.0 of the Tower Gunner is done. Comments are enabled, so feel free to rip it apart.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NmmQacDlubjR1kFxSo4v3e8PjUMWhnEp8e4JSJrT9Ws/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52673997
>>52673968
If your app was long, you probably got more detail because the GM had to sift through it to find more stuff to talk about.

If your app was short, the GM probably didn't have much to go on and just told you what he thought based on what you had.

If your app was long and your review was still short, then that just means that it's probably solid enough to not have anything wrong with it.
>>
File: 1389239278625.jpg (15KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1389239278625.jpg
15KB, 285x249px
>>52673914
>Mfw people don't think I'm getting into Blingmaker.
>Mfw I know the GM's secret.
>>
>>52674056

WHAT ARE THE ELEVEN SECRET SPICES, NUGGET?
>>
>>52674075
>>
File: 729.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>52674075
Am not Nuggetman, and do not know about his secret formula to the nuggets.

But I am the dark horse in the race.
>>
File: 029 - Z8FiKjr.png (319KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
029 - Z8FiKjr.png
319KB, 640x436px
>>52674075
>>52674102
Will Nuggetman give all the good 7-Cha boys and girls their nuggies if they earn enough goodboy points?
>>
>>52674122
Oh, really? Who's your guy?
And what makes you think that?
You do realize that being a smug shit about it is probably not going to help your chances.
>>
File: DaddyHB.png (68KB, 509x94px) Image search: [Google]
DaddyHB.png
68KB, 509x94px
>>52674145
>>
>>52674102
Wait what the fuck is this legit?
>>
>>52674163
I don't speak business math bullshit. What do the runes say, anon?
>>
File: SmugWitch.jpg (3KB, 164x171px) Image search: [Google]
SmugWitch.jpg
3KB, 164x171px
>>52674147
You seem upset. Anyways, not going to say anything, but my chances are very solid.
>>
>>52674145
>>52674122
>>52674075
>tfw Nuggetman is an Ãœbermensch 20/14/16 Int/Wis/Cha

He's literally mentally superior to almost every other app.
>>
>>52674245
Is this bait?
>>
>>52674191
they say 'the 11 herbs and spices' anon
>>
>>52674259
But his physicals, are they trash? He's probably fat from all his chicken-eating habits, fat and weak and slow.
>>
>>52674038
It's okay

Deeds and grit are gross, especially with something that doesn't have high crit chance or tons of killing power, which it doesn't look like this does.

The str to hit per acp thing is a bit odd. I'm not sure how I feel about the way it works with the move action+grit to ignore the shield acp

Trading the dex to damage for str to damage, but only on the first hit is meh.

Spearing shot is good, but maybe needs to be split into two features, one to use gun as a spear with the "as long as you have 1 grit" rule, the other for the shot after spearing, costing 1 per attack.

Nothing to help the reload times of two-handed firearms is questionable.

What would be wrong with just giving str to hit with 2h guns at level 1 and str to damage at 5th, or 3rd if your feeling generous. I'd also consider just ignoring the shield acp penalty on attacks outright. Also more shelling is needed, maybe explosive shells.

Good first attempt.
>>
>>52674271
Yeah, at this point it's pretty obvious. This tactic seems to have become a favorite lately--pretend that there's a conspiracy and hope that nobody's smart enough to not turn on each other.

I chalk it up to too much Song of Ice and Fire. Everybody thinks that all you need to do to be a master manipulator is assume everyone else is an idiot.
>>
>>52674299

Who is the true Petyr Baelish of /pfg/?

Someone who's friendly, intelligent and capable, but is secretly pulling the strings so he always seems to come out on top?
>>
>>52674038
I don't know how to comment, so I'll say this here after giving it a glance before heading to bed:
This is great. I'll be using this in my game this weekend for sure. Anything I learn from playing that, I'll deliver to you afterwards. For now, the only issue I see is that it really should help reload your weapons faster and one-handed. Perhaps grant Rapid Reload as a bonus feat? Or, better yet, an effect like Rapid Reload that stacks with Rapid Reload and lets you reload a firearm "hands free"?

I have to say I'm impressed by how well-written and well-thought-out this is for something that you whipped up in one evening's worth of time. What else have you made?

This archetype is a dream come true, for me. Thank you for making it!
>>
File: 9cb.png (1MB, 1050x903px) Image search: [Google]
9cb.png
1MB, 1050x903px
>>52674271
No it's not, I'm just having a little fun to pass the time with you anons. I mean someone did ask the thread on who they thought would most likely get into the game, and being me I nominated myself for my high-ground bonus.
>>
>>52674336
well we know its not roryanon
>>
File: 1486080617705 (1).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486080617705 (1).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>52674344
Pack it in, you silly faggot. Nobody's buying it anymore, just take your (You)s and cash them in while you're ahead.
>>
>>52674336
Bailey
>>
>>52674354
RoryAnon is a sweetheart! An idiot sweetheart!
>>
>>52674336
DHB.
>>
>>52674336
Probably me for this one game.

>>52674357
Won't disagree I am a bit silly, but I'm not a liar. I'll just remember about this post when I get in to the game so I can have a sensible chuckle.
>>
File: c5f.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
c5f.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>52674420
How could I forget.
>>
File: 1489972297566.gif (10KB, 600x242px) Image search: [Google]
1489972297566.gif
10KB, 600x242px
>>52674357
>>
>>52674336

Captain Slow
>>
>>52674376
Knowing who they are, I unironically believe this.
>>
>>52674439
Nah, He's a honestly to god sweetheart
>>
>>52674336
Find the one guy who's been almost silent except for being friendly to everyone. If his track record for getting into games is above average or better, then you've found your man.

This is especially true if the person in question doesn't make meme-bait characters like SwimmingEagle or Captain Slow.
>>
>>52674339
You can comment by just highlighting a section of text and right-clicking, which will present a comment option. Also thanks, but as the other anon pointed out there's a bit of fixing and weirdness to do.
I've done other homebrew, but it usually gets ignored. Maybe in another thread.

>>52674288
Spearing Shot actually just follows Pistol Whip, which grants a melee attack and then a free-action follow up CMB check to knock the target prone.

STR to hit per ACP was meant to encourage building for heavy armor (which has big ACP penalties). The bonus only gets decreased from magic and materials, so the deed and armor training doesn't affect it.

The Dex to Str damage tradeoff was because I was intending to add a "wield in both hands for 1.5x bonus" line (which I may have forgotten to add), and I was also worried a bit about possibly doing too much damage.

As for the rest of it, still looking back over things.
>>
>>52674299
It's been happening with alarming regularity. The first time I saw it was when LoBaF applications wrapped up, and then it happened again just this morning.

I have the feeling that it's one guy, considering the tactic is always the same:
>drop some bait designed to stir up drama
>start posting smug responses coupled with reaction images
>hope that the GM and players related to the game in question turn on each other

The only difference here is that there's no GM around to call him on his shit like last time. I will give the bastard credit, he's learning to be a little more subtle. Rather than try and provoke some kind of strife directly, he makes a claim that is fundamentally un-provable, but that can't be disproved either. Though really, I think he had a better shot at causing a fight when he wasn't attaching himself to a specific game.
>>
>>52674454
Define memebait
>>
>>52674553
>Caters to a fetish
>Backstory serves to further that fetish
>Made and modified in response to /pfg/ consensus
They are good people, but we must be honest with each other, they make characters based on popularity more often than they do on effectiveness or good writing.
>>
>>52674509
giving str to hit and damage with firearms and therefore touch attacks is all you'd need to incentivize heavy armor. Another thing is that many of the ranged feats, (precise shot, rapid shot, the like) will still need dex, so at best you've made a "quality" option, but that just leads to a medium armor instead of heavy, and likely not more than heavy shields.

Really, you need to think about how much this homebrew is supposed to be like a MonHun Gunlance (poking with occasional shelling), or a Heavy Shield and Armor rifle user (High AC and focus into ranged attacks). In my opinion the Gunlance is much easier to make.
>>
File: puppet master.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
puppet master.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>52674512
Now this was certainly an enjoyable chat. I'm afraid you must have me mistaken for someone else.

Either way just remember,

There is always a hand pulling at the strings.
>>
>>52674581
How about WWWgm/Broodie then, are they our littlefinger? They have a good track record. So does... Shit I have to look these people up.

James C. has a pretty good track record, and going by Shardwalkers won't be skipping LEGG DAY

So does Felyndiira, and I think there's someone else I'm forgetting that seems to get into a lot of games successfully

There's a fair cadre of people that seem to get in to games without making fetishbait, this is just a small sample of the more successful few
>>
>>52674581

Which of their characters were molded by /pfg/ consensus? I know Amalthea was extensively, but I don't remember Sigmund getting modified for the daddy treatment.
>>
>>52674641
Thank you for confirming my point.
>>
>>52674641
Seriously?
This is some *teleports behind u* level idiocy right here.
>>
File: Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>52674646
>usually start with a concept and work towards it
>only ever realize after the fact it is probably "obvious fetishbait"
>it never started as, or was intended to be, fetishbait
>>
File: 1353528416093 (1).gif (484KB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
1353528416093 (1).gif
484KB, 360x288px
>>52674697
>start with a concept want to try on a whim
>build it up with unique touches that I like
>never get memed
>good acceptance record anyway
Does it feel good for you over there at the other end of the spectrum?
>>
File: Dumb Cat.png (361KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Cat.png
361KB, 600x600px
>>52674724
I mean, I got a pretty good rap sheet so far, but sometimes I wonder how I could possibly be so blind to something staring me right in the face.
>>
>>52674724
>>52674697

>tfw I make concepts I like, get memed, and kind of get in

Am I a secret pervert?
>>
>>52674736
>Ephraim
>mfw no Rinka/Rory/Ephraim party
>No ANIMAL HAUS
>>
Meme me a meme, you filthy bastards.

What kind of character for Starfinder would tickle your pickle *and* seem compelling?
>>
>>52674772
>pickle
>strfags will defend this.
>>
>>52674697
Don't look at me dudes, I just accidentally make waifus

Its not an intentional choice, its my curse.
>>
>>52674772
A positive energy undead man who is too goddamn pretty to die
>>
>>52674724
>start with concept I like
>put touches in that I like
>continue to work on and refine it for ages
>don't get in
I'm just shit.
>>
>page six
brace for impact
>>
>>52674724

>Start with concept I like
>Refine it with class I want to try
>Everyone memes the heck out of it
>I tend to get in

I know your pain >>52674786
>>
>>52674787

So... SKELETON ASTRONAUT?
>>
File: 1342413465433.jpg (53KB, 576x812px) Image search: [Google]
1342413465433.jpg
53KB, 576x812px
>>52674772
Adorable junior space captain desperately trying to live up to her father's legacy.
>>
>>52674786
>>52674817
>start with mechanical idea
>flesh out character from that
>make female
>small time memes as waifus
>schedules just cuck my shit up
>>
New Thread
>>52674877
>>52674877
>>52674877
>>52674877
>>52674877
>>52674877
>>
>>52674762
He did not deserve even half of what he got, but he was fun to make.
>>
>>52674831
Yes, a skeleton astronaut who is too pissed off to die

>>52674889
I want to give Ephraim a backrub! And then drag him to the bedroom
>>
File: cat Dumb asshole box.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
cat Dumb asshole box.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>52674960
nigga that's a cat
>>
>>52675020
I know

:^)
>>
>>52675092
delet this
>>
>>52674804
OH LOOK
>>52674883
>>
>>52674772

A big, happy, friendly vesk running a food stand who always has a big hug and an extra-large serving for her favorite customers except for shirren, who tend to go missing if they linger around for too long.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.