[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 45

File: Wizards.jpg (53KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
Wizards.jpg
53KB, 640x516px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

No sense of right or wrong edition: What's the most Wizard-like character you've played?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52660376
>>
>>52666312
>Wizards
>No sense of right or wrong
>Shapeshifters
>No sense of right or wrong

I'm sensing a connection
>>
>>52666312
>new thread on page 6
>no sense of right and wrong
It makes sense.
>>
>>52666312
>No logs in OP

The fuck are you doing /pfg/
>>
>>52666605
Here you go, at least it's close enough to the top: https://pastebin.com/kqRRBzLg
>>
File: 1449084519465.jpg (78KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
1449084519465.jpg
78KB, 252x252px
>>52666621
Just report and ignore folks.
>>
File: spinny chair.gif (27KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
spinny chair.gif
27KB, 175x175px
Good morning gents.

Is Bestiary 6 in either of the troves yet? Where can I get?
>>
We were on page 6.
>>
How much damage should I be doing at level 5 to be respectable but not optimized-damage-dealer-tier? Like, how much DPR do I need to do to be below the Fighter but above the idiot spamming Magic Missile?
>>
>>52666736
>Bestiary 6
Coming out at the end of the month, anon.
>>
Shardwalker (Risette) anon here.

I've been considering having my app try to explore the idea of colonialism and cultural superiority (which Shards is perfect for) through my character's mentor. The intention is for the mentor to be a not!imperial British man from a technologically advanced shard who viewed the lesser shards as his own plaything that he must bring true civilization to, and thus had a tumultous life until he grew old, met someone he loved, mellowed out, and started writing a book on acceptance. He found Risette's boring old shard beautiful because he was finally at peace there with an individual that accepted his revised views on life, and Risette, with her current starry-eyed and naive view on shardwalkers and the journey, is retracing her revered mentor's steps and discovering all of this for herself, hopefully coming to understand and judge these things rather than just following the idyllic journey that he painted for her in his late life.

Since I have no sense of right and wrong, I just wanted to check if I'm going too far with this idea, or if it's a good idea at all.
>>
>>52666750
DPR is less important than novaing. You want to ideally hit breakpoints where you can take out an enemy of equal or higher CR than yourself in the first turn or so, ideally multiples.
>>
>>52666820
Okay, well, what should I aim for at level 5? Again, not a primary damage dealer, just want to be in the running somewhat instead of last place.
>>
>>52666814
Quote from the LFG:
>In either case, you're one of those intrepid souls, whether it's by circumstance or by choice, new to the business and freshly arrived to an unnamed shard caught in the waning of its winter season

Don't have her be exploring for 20 years, and make sure she's not gone TOO far.

Ideally you want the backstory about her, not some other old fart, too. You don't need a super long backstory for level 1, as well. But what you've put down is good enough, I'd say.
>>
>>52666832
If you're not the primary damage dealer, then it'll depend on your class and how much resources you can commit to damage dealing. What are you considering?
>>
>>52666832
It depends on what your BAB is, anon, as well as your class. Any random full BAB fag can do around 2d6+12 ez pz at 5th, minimum.
>>
>>52666814
This is probably something you should check with the DM after players are decided, but I'm totally fine with that. If we're in the same game, though, expect Bryn to try and lecture you on cultural relativism and cultural absolutism as soon as you bring it up.
>>
>>52666820
>>52666832
This is something that rarely comes up, so I'll ask: How do you people that promote the idea that you should be able to drop a standard challenge of your level in a single round reconcile with the DM that returns the same approach to the pcs in order to challenge them on their level?
>>
>>52666865
>>52666880
I'm building this character backwards, somehow. I did all the fluff first and haven't picked out any crunch yet. I'm open to any class that is WIS-based and can provide passable healing. So far I'm thinking about a Sphere Cleric, but I've got so many options I'm kind of paralyzed. Just trying to figure out if my 4d6+4 per round is any good for that hypothetical Sphere Cleric at this point, to see if I want to play it or not. I may end up being a completely different class, too.

Essentially my goals are:
A reason to have high WIS
Enough skill ranks to max Perception, Heal, Survival and Sense Motive
Passable damage
Decent healing

Sphere Cleric meets those criteria, so that's what I'm thinking about, but I'm open to other ideas if you guys suggest them.
>>
>>52666984
A PC built character used as an enemy - one that is the same level and has the same PC type wealth - is a CR+2 encounter (NPC wealth is +1 CR, PC wealth is +2 CR). Unless he's an optimizer, in which case it might be CR+3.
>>
>>52666984
By having high initiative and 4 times the actions of that poor single monster of CR = APL. Which shouldn't be able to drop martials in a round btw.
>>
>>52666984
CR is a deeply flawed system and "equal CR" could be anything within a massive range. There's a benchmark chart that shows the HP/defense range of CR 4's had a massive gap.
>>
File: erp game stopped by apathy.png (183KB, 331x731px) Image search: [Google]
erp game stopped by apathy.png
183KB, 331x731px
>>52666984
>How do you people that promote the idea that you should be able to drop a standard challenge of your level in a single round reconcile with the DM that returns the same approach to the pcs in order to challenge them on their level?

If you're playing up "challenging fights", assuming you want to down one player per fight:

If 4 players face off against 4 enemies, and of the 4 players one of them can take down an enemy per turn and the rest of them combined can take down an enemy a turn, then the fight's wrapped up in 2 turns. If the fight's wrapped up in 2 turns, then assuming all enemies attack the same player then one player should go down to 6 focused assaults by the enemies (potentially 4 on the first turn, potentially 2 on the second turn).

If the players are smart and prevent focusing, or the enemies are dumb but powerful you can probably have just 3 focused attacks taking down an ally.

That puts the enemies as threatening but beatable; and lucky crits still will challenge the players and put them into negatives or kill them.
>>
>>52666984
Also interested in this as I want to figure out an actual "accurate" way to figure up CRs for encounters. Stuff where the party cannot one round a creature at CR = APL. Obviously, this means most stuff needs to be at least 3 or 4 CR higher than it is now.
>>
>>52667154
Theoretically CR should be "one creature of this CR should take up 20% of daily resources to be killed by 4 people of that level".

The scale is fucked, though. Generally treat it as a CR equivalent encounter and call it a day.
>>
>>52667084
>>52666968
Friendly reminder that samefagging about your character's cock size will not make them better or more appealing, and will in fact only make you and your character an asshole.
>>
>>52666621
While I really hope Rory never gets into another game and think he should have been given the boot for this shit, reposting this over and over isn't fair to Aurora's player.
>>
>>52667187
Friendly reminder that Seht is CUTE, and would be even cuter buried to the hilt in any of the FotJR girls, because he's too good for SotJR.
>>
>>52667187
Seht is shit. Same with Rory. Two worst characters.
>>
>>52666312
Commodore Guff was a baller. EDH deck when?
>>
>>52667216
Yes, I remind anon that there is an Aurora-friendly version of the logs available here https://pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv
>>
>>52667221
>How to spot Seht's player
>Step 1: Look for "better written than you" memes
>Step 2: Look for CUTE memes
>Step 3: Look for cock size discussions
>>
why do dudes get so butthurt over pretty boy characters
>>
>>52667221
Fuck off samefag, I hope Seht gets castrated and choked with his own dick. It's certainly big enough to do the job
>>
>>52667221
Not even Saboten is low enough for that, fag.
>>
File: 1469343791064.jpg (67KB, 393x293px) Image search: [Google]
1469343791064.jpg
67KB, 393x293px
>>52667261
>>
>>52667216
I don't think it's Rory, I think it's just some faggot who has nothing better to do than repost the same pastebin over and over. See also: last thread's OP.
>>
>>52667229
Seht is bland, but I wouldn't say he's Rory-tier shit. I'd say Onryou is much closer to that shit than Seht.
>>
>>52667258
Ask FotJR, they probably get the brunt of that shit. All anybody cared about them was to shriek how they were slender anime fuccbois until gnoll rape happened.

Nobody was getting butthurt over Seht until his player started going YEAH MY DICK IS SOOOO HUGE GONNA FUCK ALL THE WAIFUS
>>
>>52667304
inb4 ERP logs get leaked
>>
>>52667304
Anon, we don't even know if it was his player. It was rolled randomly a while back in a thread and people followed up on it.
>>
>>52667321
As someone in the game, can confirm there are no ERP logs to get leaked. Keep your pants on, son.
>>
>>52667323
Except his player avatarfagged in the thread to confirm it. Just like the smug little shit always does.
>>
>>52667174
Not only that but daily resources grow exponentially as the party gets higher level. A CR 20 should theoretically require ALL THE SPELLS FROM A GIVEN LEVEL plus consumables and a pile of HP to beat. From the entire party. And then "all day" resources like PoW and Avowed add an odd twist too.
>>
>>52667321
https://pastebin.com/kayZQJRt
>>
>>52667336
>always
Got some proof there anon? Something that proves it instead of a picture that anyone can save and post ad nauseam?
>>
File: 1480655594993.jpg (44KB, 421x292px) Image search: [Google]
1480655594993.jpg
44KB, 421x292px
>>52667304
>The RotJR PCs aren't the cast of an otome game.
>>
>>52667335
Would anyone really believe that they wouldn't, once they do happen?

It's the same pattern as always: Guy samefags to gets hype, guy gets the thread talking about his dick, guy ends up ERPing with someone, and then guy leaks logs to try and fight the backlash against him.
>>
>>52667026
You don't really need to use pc classes in order to do this, however.
>>52667074
Then why do players use it as a benchmark if the DM shouldn't?
>>52667112
This is what I mean.
A single pc of what is "expected" damage dealing can drop any of the 4 in a single burst of attacks, while it takes ALL of the enemies the entire battle to fell pc.
It just seems like the expectations are so incredibly different than almost every other game out there, where a "CR appropriate" foe in combat stands a considerable chance of greatly injuring or slaying a pc in their own right, in similar amounts of time, not requiring outnumbering and overwhelming a single pc in order to do so.
>>
File: 1491158471324.jpg (11KB, 132x218px) Image search: [Google]
1491158471324.jpg
11KB, 132x218px
>>52667348
I came lots.
>>
>>52667358
It's the behavior of a /pfg/ chad, and they should be exiled.
>>
File: 1342997287977.jpg (25KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
1342997287977.jpg
25KB, 224x257px
>>52667355
>...yet!
>We could still make it happen.
>And why not another VN for the dudes while we're at it.
>>
>>52667370
CR is shit, and if a benchmark isn't particularly hard to meet, you're only doing a disservice to your other party members by being a primary damage dealer who is below that. Why take you if you're shit at your job?
>>
>>52667335
Don't you guys have a discord or something? Why can't you keep your shitposting to that?
>>
>>52667294
Ask yourself a question- after getting a tongue lashing from the rest of the party and putting himself on /pfg/'s shitlist, do you really think Memedog is gonna be dumb enough to ACTUALLY go back and repost that log? Again and again and again? It's shameful for him. My bet is that it's a witch hunter wanting to fuck memedog over. I don't like either one but given the option of a remorseful idiot and a spiteful witch hunter? Which do you think I'll finger as the perpetrator of this?
>>
>>52667416
Perhaps because they aren't the ones doing it?
>>
>>52667348
>ladies
>pfg
Pick one.
>>
>>52667424
We're agreeing it's some witchhunting shitposter, right? Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same one that autismed over 2hu so much it drove out devs.
>>
File: there are no heroes left in man.jpg (13KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
there are no heroes left in man.jpg
13KB, 200x276px
>>52667398
>Implying bishounen meta isn't dying
>implying it isn't smol waifs and bara
Our chance at cute VN parties is over, anon. Give up.
>>
>>52667416
Because then they wouldn't be able to do it with impunity.

Once you've got a face and name and reputation, you act with a lot more care and tact (unless you're someone like PLD GM or Rory). You apologize, you play the usual verbal judo, and you hide your true feelings.

But if you go back to /pfg/, you can just talk mad shit as much as you like and nobody will know who's who. You have perfect deniability. I could talk about how Onryou has the fattest tits and sucks all the cocks, or how Valeriya put out a bucket and scrawled "1 copper a throw" on a wall and spent the whole afternoon in a dark alley. Someone would believe it.

In fact, who's to say I'm not actually SwimmingEagle? I'm not, really, but you wouldn't be able to tell if I was.
>>
>>52667398
>There's a couple cameos from other games as minor characters and random encounters

What would they be? Dragons 1, 2, LoBaF, Blingmaker, Hell's Rebels, Hell's Vengeance, Wrath of the Raunchy, and... Something something Righteous Kingdoms.
>>
File: 1481478510584.jpg (12KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481478510584.jpg
12KB, 425x300px
>>52667424
>>52667480
Or it's aurora's player seeking revenge for spoiled logs!
>>
Is there any way to be a STR-based ranged character and not be total shit?
By STR-based I mean I want my DEX at 10 and no higher.
>>
>>52667491
>Dragons 1 and 2 are from a rival school.
>Blingmaker characters are dialogue-less business owners who run the places your characters go to hang out.
>HV and HR characters are TV personalities
>Wrath of the Raunchy characters are friendly delinquents
>>
>>52667521
Belt of Mighty Hurling and thrown weapons
>>
>>52667521
>he doesn't want to be a slender anime fuccboi
barafags ruined my otomeshit.
>>
File: d6763d5.jpg (21KB, 540x397px) Image search: [Google]
d6763d5.jpg
21KB, 540x397px
>>52667480
It probably is. Rory's an idiot, a dork, and a PoS for posting the logs in the first place and being shit but it's not hard to feel a little sympathy when witch hunters get involved. Witch hunters are the worst thing to happen to this general
>>
>>52667521
Thrown weapons and a little bit of Thrashing Dragon would probably be your best bet. Dip Slayer to be able to do TWF.
>>
>>52667174
No, that is incorrect in PF.

CR in PF is "how difficult a fight is this meant to be regardless of resources" because the resources are easily obtained and recovered in many way by most characters. Lowered resources means that the fight becomes harder, because resources are lost in varied amounts depending on types of battrles.

A battle agaisnt a CR 5 swarm takes much, much much different resources than a fight agaisnt a CR 2 choker, but a few CR 2 chokers can still seriously maim or kill a level 6 wizard while the swarm will die to a first level spell. Contrariwise, a 6th level fight will die to a CR 5 swarm but will casually slaughter a dozen CR 2 chokers.

that is why there is this little table int he back of every bestiary that tells you what creatures take up what roles in a combat situation. It's not the magical or combat monsters that kill wizards - it's the Skill Roll monsters that kill wizards, because they have versatility and special abilities that magic means very little to and are usually stealthy and murderous, with special abilities that handicap casters more often than not (such as a choker keeping low to low-medium level wizards from casting while inflicting DPR the wizard can't survive).

On average, a CR=to level fight is casually easy.
CR+1 is an annoying encounter.
CR+2 is a moderately difficult resource using encounter that will leave the party injured.
CR+3 is an encounter with a serious bad guy and his lieutenants, and will definitely leave the party hurting in a couple of ways, both injury wise and resource wise. It is also a serious encounter with one monster capable to dealing with both martials and casters with equal impunity (magical beasts, dragons, fey, and most aberrations live here).
A CR+4 encounter is a single massive monster that can cope with any kind of party makeup and potentially kill PCs in a round or three, or a serious fight agaisnt the main villain and a group of lieutenants, or a swarm of mook types.
>>
A war on witchhunters on 4chan is about as effective as a war on terrorism or drugs. You can't really purge and remove an idea, especially when trying to do so spreads said idea.
>>
>>52667482
Reminder that Quinn was also a bishounen before FotJR turned out to already have three dudes in it. That change was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>52667482
TELL ME WHAT THE STOCKS ARE
>>
>>52667589
they've r u i n e d it for everyone.
>>
>>52667582
The best way to fight rorylog posting is to just report it and ignore. Don't encourage them by going reeeee iver the logs.
>>
>>52667543
That's way too expensive of an item just to enable the character to function.

>>52667550
Anime is for losers.

>>52667569
Trying to avoid PoW as I don't want to be the only initiator at the table and make everyone else's characters feel inadequate.
>>
>>52667500
>send nude pics to someone
>they post nude pics once
>ill get revenge by posting the nudes more, every thread, continuously!
I mean it's not impossible, but at the same time...
>>
>>52667487
This.
Oh, Lord this.

The Discord groups are way more mannered than anything here. If anybody has a beef, they bring it back to /pfg/ until someone slips up and lets themselves get caught.
>>
>>52667607
Always buy bara and gap moe. They literally print money. I mean internets.
>>
>>52667589
>Sweettooth could have boned a hot guy

What a shame
>>
>>52667649
Well, they have the 4-year time gap between Runelords and Regent, maybe she can retrain.
>>
>>52667571
CR in PF is broken by default. I've seen a level 11 ranger effectively solo a Tarrasque with the only gm-fiat being "He had a method to deal a killing blow"

Hell, I've seen a level 3 party take on some Brass Juggernauts and those are technically CR+5 by those rules.
>>
>>52667625
>doesn't like pow
>doesn't like anime
>wants to be a no dex thrown weapon build
1pp-only thrown weapons are a joke and so is your taste
>>
>>52667571
thesee CRs are modified when you use the Monster Roles in the back of the books. A skill type monster challenge is harder for casters because skills are something that get used in the background and can't be countered with spells 90% of the time. They are trivially easy for most skills classes and martials. A combat encounter is a challenge for medium BAB classes, because their versatility is great, but their general DPR is often too low to kill combat monsters very quickly. They're moderately more challenging to martials, but most casters can overwhelm them. Spellcasting monsters of mid and lower level are troulbe for noncasters of all sorts, but usually a medium challenge for spellcasters and full casters can usually outspell them. They're difficult for martials, and often fatal if the PCs fail a save or two, especially if the GM changes their spell lists.

No-Role creatures are basically those that gain PC classes, and should be adjudicated by their class (combat for martials, skilled for partial casters and skilled classes, and spellcasters for full casters of any type).

Good luck.
>>
>>52667625
>Anime is for losers.
Son, this isn't the system for you. Go play 5th, because 3.pf is all about superhuman anime heroes.
>>
>>52667667
Where did I say I didn't like PoW, my dude?

I also didn't say 1pp only.

I do still hold firm that anime is for total losers, though.
>>
>>52667521
Be a Fighter is about all I can suggest.
>>
>>52667639
>>52667487
Really, this is where most of the friction between RotJR groups is probably coming from. Members from each group snipe at each other anonymously, and then false-flag as members of the other group to act like assholes. Each group hopes the other will crack first, and implode, leaving them as the one true RotJR.
>>
>>52667662
>if a GM arranges things so that CR doesn't matter then CR doesn't work
No shit?
>>
File: 1480913356577.gif (2MB, 257x359px) Image search: [Google]
1480913356577.gif
2MB, 257x359px
>>52667625
you're free to leave m8
>>
>>52667677
The only times this system feels anime is when I play with autists on roll20 that bring extremely anime spherecasters and initiators to the table.
>>
>>52667688
Now ain't that some bullshit if I ever saw it.
>>
>>52667680
This is true. I started watching anime, and now I'm a meth addict living in my mother's basement.

That's why you should always watch superior Western stuff.
>>
>>52667487

Where did the "Valeriya is a filthy whore" meme even come from?
>>
>>52667689
>I can't make up an argument so I'll just call you shit
eyyyyyyyy
>>
Is a composite longbow character the only way to play a quality build?

Quality as in, a character that benefits greatly from having good DEX and STR.
>>
>>52667728
Well it isn't a caster so I don't see how it's quality
>>
>>52667728

Duelist-type characters benefit from it too, since medium/light armor demands speed.
>>
>>52667735
Anon I explained what a quality build is in my post please read both sentences before you reply
>>
>>52667745
My point still holds, I don't see how it's quality.
>>
>>52667728
QUALITY fighter/vigilante exist in 1pp, thanks to Trained/Lethal Grace. Also Str-monks.
>>
>>52667717
Literally nowhere.

Valeriya is such a blank slate apart from her schtick like nearly all the rest of SotJR that /pfg/ started trying to inject sex into her backstory as hard as possible.
>You know she likes it in the ass if she's a Vigilante
>She must have been TEEN PREGNANT if she was sent to a boarding school
>She's totally got a daddy fetish
>All Vigilantes are fucking sluts who like to screw in costume
>She's a noble so she's totally repressed
And so on.
>>
>>52667688
I imagine most of the friction is actually /pfg/ shitposting about the game, but what do I know?
>>
Have you guys ever needed to heal in combat?
It seems like all a healer really needs to do is pop a couple Infernal Healing uses after a fight and that's the end of it. Occasionally you need to remove a disease or poison or some ability damage, but that's after the fight as well.
>>
>>52667717

Probably because she wasn't advertised as a delicate virgin, and doesn't act like one in-game.

Remember kids, if you start having sex in your teens than you're clearly a good for nothing waste of flesh! Especially since she's got a nice figure, how dare she!
>>
>>52667762
I think >>52667688 is just wishful thinking on /pfg/'s part. At least, I hope so. I just wanted to have friends and go on adventures.
>>
>>52667778
I do too, anon. I do too. This is the price of memes
>>
It's been awhile since I've been to /pfg/ and it's nice to see not much has changed. That said who is 2hu? Some autist player or something? I see them mentioned every once in awhile.
>>
>>52667775
So glad I underplayed my character's sex life.
Being trained by a man with the passion of Don Quixote and the sex drive of Ben Franklin hasn't come up much, but damned if the old man didn't make sure to keep a catalog of every working girl in Kaer Maga.
>>
>>52667761

I kind of feel bad for her player, from the sound of things she's played well and is actually building her relationship with Casimir off of mutual understanding, intimate trust and friendship.

But hey, I guess if they aren't fucking each other after a convenient glance at his dick than it's obviously a fetish, right? Why else would someone like someone else?
>>
>>52667763
Oh, my players learned the hard way that healing in a fight can be devastating. Two paladins and two clerics can make for a TPK because selective channel can undo a lot of damage very quickly. Two enemy clerics or battle oracles can make any fight into a serious mess if they have positive channel energy or combat medic.

Not healing during a fight =/= being unable to heal during a fight. You really need to have the option available, or you can die pretty fucking easy.
>>
>>52667529
Off the top of my head...

>Calsica is the head of the chorus and prom queen
>Aurora is the top wrestler
>Rorymei is the prettyboy
>LIO is the granola girl everyone is friends with
>Rinka is that one NEET you might think might be making guns
>Rory dropped out

>Nuggetdaddy is the CEO of Nugget Daddy's, who lives in this sleepy little town
>Kyras is the over the top bar owner with a medieval theme

And... Fuck that's all I remember. I'll come up with more and write down a thing.
>>
>>52667818
>Rory dropped out
No, Rory's the weird dog someone brings to school every day and leaves chained up outside. You're pretty sure it's brain damaged.
>>
>>52667807
2hu is... Well, that's accurate. They very long and detailed posts regarding balance issues, but they're not malicious about it. They just... make huge posts with Touhou pictures.

On the other hand, the people who shitpost about 2hu are way, WAY worse than anything 2hu has done.
>>
>>52667812
Exactly. It's like how Onryou and Seht are obviously going to get married at the start of the timeskip and make her into a brain-dead baby-factory.

Or how Etan and Rubio spend the whole game with their mouths glued to each other's cocks.

Or how Sweettooth is actually the one who raped Quinn and there was never any gnoll.
>>
>>52667720
You're joking right?

>gm fiat says 11th level character killed the tarrasque
>CR is broken!
>CR 3 party has access to adamatine weapons and fire immunity
>CR is broken!

You don't need an argument for that. It's obvious his GM is changing the creatures to make them vulnerable to much lower level characters. What kind of argument do you make for that?
>>
>>52667807
He's an ancient /tg/ guy.
The thing about him is he's 100% /autistic/ and seems to post exclusively in walls of text with touhou attached, but his posts tend to be productive.
>>
>>52667812
>implying they aren't fucking each other already
https://pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd
>>
>>52667818
>Freyda is the queen bee and student council president
>Zev is her vice-president
>Atolm claims he's the boss of the school and everyone just humors him
>Lameeka is their star player
>>
>>52667074
CR is a deeply flawed system. Last night a party of lvl 2 took on and beat 15 goblins on goblin dogs. Technically that was a CR 14 encounter.
>>
>>52667839
>>52667860
Seems fine to me. Does he powergame or something when in games? I'm not really seeing a problem so far.
>>
File: 1387065934723.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1387065934723.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>52667876
Still gonna take a while for that one to get old.
>>
>>52667902
>Does he powergame or something when in games

Nonstop.

Also he powergames outside of games.

And basically always, all the time.
>>
>>52667849

Onryou and Seht was such manufactured shipping it was honestly kind of embarrassing - and the worst part is the pair CAN work, but everyone's focusing on the wrong stuff.

Seht was an outcast of his tribe due to the circumstances of his birth, so was Onryou. Like Val and Cas, they both have hurts they can comfort each other on. Emphasize that, not how Onryou needs her hole filled and every other man is occupied.
>>
>>52667832
I doubt it, anon. If this VN thing is basically "magical high schoolers" then Memedog is the homeless guy living in the woods outside town who disguises himself as a mangy dog to get food, while also spending his time at the gym because he's got nothing else to do with his life. He doesn't even have any good wisdom to give.
>>
>>52667902
Well I personally don't know why he's hated but he was hated right from the start, there were even memes about him back in the day
>>
>>52667860
He's responsible for memeing the zenith strikes so much that I can't use them, despite rivens' rapid strike being better for most other players who aren't trying to tackle a cr+6 creature, and even then, the damage difference isn't much.
>>
>>52667900
I have doubts it played out like you suggest it would have.
>>
>>52667922
>Also he powergames outside of games
Those are test builds though? He does that on purpose.
>>
File: 1491339893151.png (168KB, 620x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491339893151.png
168KB, 620x550px
Friendly reminder: If you have a beef with anyone in your gaming group, just PM them and talk it out. You will both be better people for the experience.
>>
>>52667924
No. That gives him characterization. Rory doesn't deserve characterization. He deserves to be a shitty, ugly background cameo and then forgotten forever.

And so does his VN-self.
>>
>>52667934
I did my 3 jobs as a wizard. We were ambushed, and nearly killed in the surprise round and 1st round. Terrible rolls all round though, but some of the crits the goblin dogs landed fucked us up bad.

Luckily goblins and goblin dogs have terrible will saves, so color spray saved the day. Also, the paladin pasted on with an attack of opportunity as it ran past him and he made an intimidate check to give them all a -2 on basically everything.
>>
>>52667923
Could have worked.

But no, they're going to go meme-chasing. That group is too desperate to hold onto their celebrity to do anything but use the most obvious "mismatched" pair in history.
>>
>>52667855
>Needing Fire immunity against something with nothing to do with fire
>Being unable to bypass 10 hardness at level 3
I mean, I guess the Barbarian did most of the work but hell, even the Monk ended up killing one with the rest of the party.

Unless 90% of the difficulty stems from the Tarrasque not dying after it's brought to a normal killing threshold I'm not sure what you're trying to argue buddy.
>>
>>52667936
Imagine you have this banker friend, right? And literally all he talks about is investing. Literally all. There is no other topic allowed in his vicinity. Sure, that's super useful when you need some investing tips, but for the rest of the time, he's just a detestable prick who can't read a room.
>>
>>52667944
Cmon man, we can give him characterization. It's more fun that way rather than saying "this guy is shit". Memedog as the homeless man who hits the gym is more fun than "he's just a retarded dog". Even the villains need characterization
>>
>>52667902
The other part of 2hu is that they're... Insistent and Blunt. Also believing that if you Aren't breaking the game you aren't play optimally.
I.e. with god wizards, Extremely high DPR builds, or general mechanic fuckery (Some Deific Obeisances, which are obscenely better then others).

I personally don't think ill of the 2hu, but can see why some are annoyed by their persistence.
>>
File: 1477439773357.png (34KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477439773357.png
34KB, 400x250px
>>52667943
This
>>
>>52667988
yeah well he's a rich man you know
Imagine if I were to marry this bnanker friend, and since he doesn't care anyway, I slept with my childhood friend instead and have his babies
Best of both worlds!
>>
>>52668000
He's not a villain! He doesn't deserve to be a villain! There's nothing villainous about Rory, he's just a forgettable cuntrag!
>>
>>52667984
>The GM chose the meme characters
>The group develops their characters based on memes
Is anyone surprised?
>>
>>52668014
Alright, let's extend this metaphor a little. Notice I never said the banker actually ever invested. He talks about it nonstop every waking moment, but actual investing experience? Close to none. It's all theory. He's not rich.
>>
>>52668047
Then why am I friends with him? Is he hot?
>>
>>52668004
>Also believing that if you Aren't breaking the game you aren't play optimally.
This always bothered me about pathfinder. Why is it you're almost always required to become the 50 AC +66 to hit at level 10 godkilling murderhobo rather than Steve the Fighter? I miss games that were just about roleplaying
>>
>>52668019
What if he's a forgettable cuntrag who gets the shit beat out of him, but before getting beat, he is shown mercy, and decides to AID the protagonists! He can start as a minor villain with his own motives before joining the heroes... Reluctantly!
>>
>>52667761
I see it more as pfg teasing the girls and guys they like.

It's our way of showing affection.
>>
>>52668059
Get a better DM
I too am fucking tired of optimization instead of roleplay being the name of the game in my fucking roleplaying games.
>>
>>52668043

How hard are they actually pushing the memes? I don't remember reading about Corwin going all dude weed lmao, or Aranha emphasizing her spider-ness, or even Casimir going daddy.
>>
>>52668059
Join the people who want to make stuff for Starfinder. Play a cute Space Mantis that can contribute to the team and help us make a nice setting for /pfg/
>>
>>52667761
I'm new to /pfg/ what is SotJR?
>>
>>52668059
Because faggots go full stormwind and scream about how you can't be TOO good or else you're not ROLEPLAYING. Winners bitch about extremes and run everything.
>>
>>52666990
It would help to know what level you're building for. Sphere cleric is actually pretty generic beyond channel energy; other classes can heal just as well. And that's without the life handbook.
>>
Enervation vs Acid pit. Which is the better 4th level spell?
>>
>>52668076
That's the worst part anon. I AM the DM. Even when I specifically ask for low-scale optimization I get three players playing the exact same low-damage-but-unkillable-AC-and-Saves Paladin/monk/oracle/ChimmneySweep/PrC builds.
>>
>>52668106
>Type whiners
>Autocorrect tires winners

Well, everyone bitches so I guess it still stands
>>
>>52668098
>making stuff for a game that isn't out yet
why not just make stuff for one of the other, released, sci-fi/sci-fantasy games? You have a choice to be bound to paizo's writing or not and you are choosing paizo?
>>
>>52668088
Last I heard, they were still pushing the Onryou/Shayliss/Seht triangle, Casimir and Valeriya were spending all their time together, and Aranha's only actual traits were "spider" and "hips".

Just like how Seht's only traits are "horse," "short,"
and "bland"

But apparently there's a greentext embargo now. So best-case scenario, they're actively avoiding memes. But who'd ever believe that of these cretins?
>>
>>52668098

But anon, that's no mantis, that's a wasp.
>>
>>52668121
Get better players.
>>
>>52668059
>>52668076
Unfortunately because of how low PF's optimization floor is, it really does require you put in effort to make a decent character to be able to realistically roleplay someone who isn't incompetent.
>>
>>52668104
Saturday of the Jade Regent. A DM is running two groups in Riseof the Jade Regent (book 1 for Rise of the Runelords) then into all of Jade Regent. It is lewd and full of GGGGG
>>
>>52668137
>that's no mantis, that's a wasp.

That's what it wants you to think.
>>
>>52668129
>greentext embargo

I hope not. I'm genuinely interested in seeing how they do, and if they stop for this that's like saying the shitposters won and convinced everyone to do less fun things.
>>
>>52668143
Pathfinder doesn't have an optimization floor, it has an optimization mineshaft to the center of the Earth.
>>
>>52668116
It's a level 5 character.
>>
File: gaogaigar.jpg (324KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
gaogaigar.jpg
324KB, 900x730px
>>52668154
>GGGGG
I only know of GGG
>>
>>52668059
It varies from group to group.
My irl group has recent;y gone with the "I'm tired of super charging" route and has since gone from High optimization to mid. Guess what?
People started playing in character more
For Some Crazy reason, when the numbers get to high it gets closer to a Wargame then a Roleplaying game in some peoples mind. Making some feel less attached to their characters.

It's quite something to see happen with a minor in psychology.
>>
>>52668173
No, it convinced them to keep doing fun things, but not get shit on for it. If you wanna know how they did, just ask them. They're trivial to get hold of.
>>
>>52668193
>drawing a conclusion from anecdotal evidence
>>
>>52668193
Because when the numbers get too high characters become walking statblocks for most imbeciles somehow instead of being people.
>>
>>52668127
It's all in good fun. Just think to yourself what would make a good /pfg/ location and have FUN

>>52668137
Look at All the clothing she's wearing. Obviously she is Trans-Mantis.

>>52668121
Pull an /m/. Make all the enemies super advanced robots and cyborgs that hit in weird ways. Part of the fun in GM-ing is making weird enemies
>>
>>52668116
>>52668185
Oh, also, the reason I'm considering Sphere Cleric right now is being able to take the Conversion Inquisition and gaining the ability to party face with WIS. I'd like to be able to Bluff and Intimidate well. Medicine domain's Blessed Surgery is also a very nice power to have, and next level I'd get free empowers on all my healing.
>>
>>52668227
why not a sphere inquisitor then?
>>
File: Overlord_Characters.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord_Characters.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm starting to consider running a lewd game if my current application doesn't get accepted--which it likely won't.

Here's the basics
>Takes place in an area of contested wilderness
>Big shiny kingdom is the main antagonistic force
>Traditional PC archetypes rule the various sub-factions
>Players are all outcasts, criminals, or monsters
>Kingdom is about to make a big push for more land and resources, absorbing
>All around are monster tribes with monster girls
>PCs have to gear up for war and form alliances through conquest, marriage, or other deals
>They will be feared by civilization
>They will be villains

Working title: Overlewd
>>
File: 1412954453707.png (187KB, 347x494px) Image search: [Google]
1412954453707.png
187KB, 347x494px
>>52668271
FUND IT
>>
>>52668271
Yes. YES. YEEEES.
>>
>>52668284
Heh, fuck it, I'm a NEET anyway. Might just run it regardless if people like the idea.
>>
>>52668271
only if I get to play Aureloe Omega
>>
>>52668271

You had me up until you started with that overused monstergirl bullshit.

If I want to fuck something exotic, I'm going to marry a Nymph, not a goddamn horse-girl.
>>
>>52668119
I would go with enervation. You may face creatures with SR but that's only a chance for it to fail. Acid Pit gets negated by reflex saves (which are ridiculously high) and completely negated by flight.
>>
>>52668212
I said some
as in Some of the players were detached from their characters.

I'm pointing out that the Stormwind Fallacy may be a self filling prophecy in some peoples minds, thinking that "look at these numbers" and turning to "I think this is the target number, time to consider the odds".

Like >>52668216
Some people start to see Their Own Characters as walking statblocks, and don't try to correct the issue. Thinking nothing will come off it.
>>
>>52668301
Overlord monstergirls are legit goddamn monsters.
>>
>>52668300
I want to be Pandora's Actor!
>>
File: third_overlord_minion_army.jpg (210KB, 1279x719px) Image search: [Google]
third_overlord_minion_army.jpg
210KB, 1279x719px
>>52668271
The PCs will probably start off with authority over some minor faction of weaklings. Kobolds, goblins, something even lamer if it can be managed.

>Too cowardly to aid in battle
>Too ignorant to trust with complicated tasks
>Loyal to a fault
>Could easily be used as cannon fodder if you aren't too squeamish
>>
>>52668314

And then they wear maid outfits and act all cute.
>>
>>52668306
where Is all this Random capitaliZation coming From, anon?
>>
>>52668342
>something even lamer if it can be managed.
>behold, I am Klindor the Reviled, Lord of Shadows, the Darkness within the Flame, ruler of an army of housecats!
>>
>>52668341
Pandora seems to be overpowered to hell and back.

>>52668357
No, they don't. Keep in mind that the ones in Nazarick proper are Blendered to hell and back and are literal D&D3.5 PCs, so they don't count.
>>
File: 20140412150357079.png (2MB, 1800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20140412150357079.png
2MB, 1800x600px
>>52668342
And there's probably going to be a lot of decisions that need to be made to keep monstrous allies in balance.

But hey, they're all eager to buddy up to the new overlords, so they're all offering up their best gifts to sweeten their deals.
>>
>>52668393
Skeletonwaifu best waifu
>>
File: 6426336655_70e708611a_b.jpg (834KB, 746x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6426336655_70e708611a_b.jpg
834KB, 746x1024px
>>52668381
Look me in the eyes and tell me that couldn't be a cool idea, anon.
>>
>>52668393
>>52668342
Do it if you're rejected for sure
>>
>>52668413
I can't in good conscience, anon.
>>
File: a8c.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
a8c.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
>>52668418
Fuck it, if I'm not too pressed, might do it anyway. Let's see how many games I can stack up before I crack.
It's a good way to distract from crushing despair, too.
>>
>>52668444
Request: give the most badass one in the group a free ID spell useable once a day.
>>
>>52668462
>ID spell
que?
If that's an Overlord anime reference, I haven't actually watched it all the way through, nor read the LN.
>>
>>52668475
READ IT FAGGOT
Instant Death
Also also also
This means I can play an archwraith right?
>>
>>52668476
Maybe.
It means you'd be starting as a plain ol' skellington and working your way up to being papa Ainz
>>
>>52668227
I'm wondering why you don't just take Oracle, then? Blessed Surgery is nice, but Life Oracle gets you everything else and it's easier.
>>
>>52668513

>tfw want a game
>tfw all people want is more anime-inspired shenanigans

;_;
>>
>>52668562
I want an anime inspired game so fuck off
>>
>>52668562
>Anime inspired by D&D shit

I dunno man
>>
>>52668562
>>52668573
It's going to be weeb as fuck, don't get me wrong.
But at the same time, the monsters are still going to be monsters, not humans with hair decorations. And the PCs are still going to have an invading army breathing down their necks between bouts of lewd.
So there's that.
>>
>>52668573

Wow, that's kind of aggressive, don't you think? Just because I'm sad about it not being to my tastes doesn't mean I'm demanding it change.
>>
>>52668562
Me too anon.

I was just about to post an idea for a monstergame when the Overlewd Anon posted his! Fiddlesticks, I'll wait it out
>>
>>52668238
Inquisitor's judgements don't particularly interest me, and the teamwork thing seems pretty whatever. I'd rather keep the full caster level and great magic talents of the sphere cleric. I'll peruse the archetypes available, though. Maybe I missed something nice in threre.

>>52668560
I thought about Oracle, but being CHA-based means my Heal, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival will be quite low, and I need to cover those since the other two players are a big stupid fighter and an INT-based Incanter.
>>
>>52668562
>tfw this sounds perfect sans lewd
>probably couldn't get in anyway
>>
>>52668592
>Aggressive
>4chan
Why are you surprised?
>>
>>52668582

Just because it has Elves and demons does not mean it's inspired by DnD.
>>
>>52668591
Also: The monsters won't all be girls. Husbandos are on the table too.
>>
>>52668627
It's more inspired by D&D by way of World of Warcraft and Everquest.

Like, the main character is a lich, every spell is lifted straight from D&D and spoken in English, and it's the only animu in history that features a Gelugon.
>>
>>52668627
The game in Overlord is based on 3.5 D&D
>>
>>52668629
What role will the gnolls play? I want a fluffy gnoll to hug!
>>
>>52668671
Y'know the villains from the 2nd and 4th Mad Max movies? Like that.
>>
>>52666312
>What's the most Wizard-like character you've played?
I play a druid, but my best friend in the group is a wizard that straight up is all about power. He has a spear that is the weapon of a champion of an evil god and a mana stone that amplifies his power that he can't do the will check to get rid of.
>>
File: gnollbraids.jpg (269KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
gnollbraids.jpg
269KB, 800x900px
>>52668671

DON'T HUG GNOLLS
>>
>>52666312
>Still haven't gotten to prove to my group that enchantment sorcerers are not to be trusted
>Even if they don't point their spells at the party

JUST
>>
File: TTMYGHmmmm.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
TTMYGHmmmm.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>52667556
If there's one thing /pfg/ likes more than its witch hunts it's calling out witch hunters. Given that natural kneejerk reaction it could well be Rory posting them to get the exact sympathy you're talking about. If somebody says it's him, he can just throw his hands up and say "Why would I post it? It's making me look bad", but each and every time this dance plays out we feel a little worse for Rory and put some of the scorn we have for him onto the witch hunter. If it keeps going and Rory is able to behave in spaces where he's readily identified, I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly found himself off the instant pariah list in a month or two, maybe even able to apply for a game without being auto-rejected.

I'm not saying it's definitely Rory posting the logs, but I am saying that, given the fact that the defacto assumption here is pretty universally that it's a witch hunter, he should start posting it anonymously if the witch hunter ever stops.
>>
>>52668757
>hug
Anon, there's certainly going to be some gripping going on with a loincloth hanging that low, but it won't be a hug
>>
>>52668768
But then the witchhunter could be using that fact to further shit on Rory. And so on, and so on, and so on. At some point the loop has to end, anon.
>>
I just want a game that treats itself a little seriously, without blatant fan-service or waifus!
>>
>>52667943
Seconding this because everyone needs to see it.
>>
Someone spill the beans on LoB&F, the first session was yesterday right?
>>
>>52668794

We'll just have to find more dudes to set on fire.
>>
>>52668802
>>52662548
>>52662561
And the thread just went to shipping from there.
>>
>>52668820
What? That's dumb. You're dumb!
Meanwhile, I'm gonna get this Dark party started right!
>>
>>52668794
Yes, of course the circularity doesn't give us definitive understanding of weather it's Rory or a witch hunter, but we can still look at the trends. The trends are people feeling sorry for Rory and hate for the assumed witch hunter. I'm saying Rory can turn this trend to his advantage (and stop if it ever goes to far).
>>
>>52668768
Maybe the fuck just wants to play a game and not be reduced to nothing but a bundle of memes and shitposts. Not that I can feel too bad for him. I warned you bro. Don't shitpost too hard or it'll backfire, but nooooo.

>>52668820
I volunteer the starknife anon.
>>
>>52668847
>Maybe the fuck just wants to play a game and not be reduced to nothing but a bundle of memes and shitposts.
Then the fuck probably should have played a game instead of reducing himself to nothing but a bundle of memes and shitposts. I don't feel bad for him at all, dude brought every little bit of this down on himself.
>>
>>52668797
You'll get m Macross with giant hive mind insects and you'll like it!
>>
File: gnoll_necromancer_by_velinov.jpg (93KB, 863x667px) Image search: [Google]
gnoll_necromancer_by_velinov.jpg
93KB, 863x667px
>>52668775

Well, don't do that with gnolls either.
>>
>>52668913
i want to see a civilized, cleaned up, intelligent and street-savvy gnoll running some sort of weapon shop or mercenary service in a city
>>
>>52668935
I think you misspelled hobgoblin, anon.
>>
>>52668823
Who are the ships?
>>
>>52668905
He brought it down on himself, but the thread seems very intent on not just ignoring it for the dumb bullshit it is. Which has become far more annoying than the faggot himself.
>>
>>52668837
>>52668820

Who's the Artorias of /pfg/?
>>
>>52668943
>hobgoblin
>running an honest business
>running a business at all
no anon i did not
>>
Don't do it pfg

Lightning can't strike twice, this isn't going to blow over like PLD did!
>>
>>52668935
>gnoll running mercenary guild
>could easily be CN NE organization
This feels like an obvious thing that hasn't happened yet
>>
>>52668964
DHB?

>Tried to fight the dark memes of the abyss
>Was instead consumed by them
>>
File: tayto.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tayto.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>52668967
>gnoll
>doing any of those things before a hobbo
>>
>>52668967

What, and you think a gnoll can run an honest business? Just look at this fuzzy bastard's smile, probably thinking about how much he can gouge you for a single phial.
>>
>>52668948
Everybody's trying to ship DHB with everyone, of course, but Orlan x Gamze is looking like a sleeper hit. And reportedly, Iolanthe and Gamze did end up sharing a tent.
>>
File: 1412995467718.jpg (21KB, 339x187px) Image search: [Google]
1412995467718.jpg
21KB, 339x187px
>>52669035
Oh, he can gouge me out alright
>>
>>52669035
that's a smile i'd trust
>>
>>52668768
>>52668844
I think you're giving Rory a bit too much credit. We're dealing with a player who has proven that's he's dumb as a sack of doorknobs on more than one occasion. He's about as subtle as the dude who gets arrested and shouts "I didn't steal this car, I just found it with the door open and the engine running!"
>>
File: 1479007656488.jpg (75KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
1479007656488.jpg
75KB, 600x815px
What are /pfg/'s

- Expectation/hype of Spheres of Might before?
- Outlook on Spheres of Might now?
>>
>>52669143
Has it actually become playable enough to test yet? Last I checked, some time ago albeit, it was a total clusterfuck.
>>
>>52669143
>PoW replacement that simultaneously is better than it and normal Paizo martial options and is more balanced an on an equal footing with tier-3 options
>overambitious
>>
>>52669071
Gamze harem! What do we have on her and the other two party members?
>>
>>52669143
>- Expectation/hype of Spheres of Might before?
Maximum overhype. Finally martials get nice things without having to resort to PoW.
>- Outlook on Spheres of Might now?
It's shit.
>>
>>52669177
I concur.
>>
>>52669071
Mostly people were trying to push an Orlan x Gamze x Essa love triangle

Issue is Essa and Orlan don't really have chemistry.
>>
>>52669139
Rory isn't clever enough for a plot like this.
>>
>>52669035
How come the paizo gnoll PC race is so fucking boring?
The Bloodforge half-gnoll is a lot better, though.
>>
>>52669219
Even if he were given step-by-step instructions, he'd still fuck it up.
>>
>>52669216
People aren't getting it. It isn't Gamze in the middle.

It's Gamze x Orlan x Essa because two tiny girls and the large foreigner is perfect for mindbreaking
>>
>>52669253
The PaizoGnoll is pretty great for martial Frontliners. Darkvision, +2 natural armor, +2 STR/CON with no penalty. It also works well with Kinetic Knight, funnily enough. Same deal with hobgoblins and ranged/finessticists. It WORKS but it's boring. Same as hobgoblins.
>>
>>52669253

You're not supposed to play a race of goddamn cannibals, butchers, rapists and worse things.

These are a people that *default* to Lamashtu worship.
>>
>>52669335

Lizardfolk do the same thing.
>>
>>52669353
I was talking about gnolls, not kitsune, anon.
>>
>>52669261
Even if you mind controlled Rory, he'd still somehow manage to fuck up a thing, even with precise telepathic control to his brain
>>
>>52669335
The three monster races (gnoll, hobbies, lizardmen) are just that: boring. They got no support, have no standout uses, they just kinda... Exist. They are "ebil stock monster race" templates and that's it.
>>
>>52669378
you cant really have precise control over something that doesn't work properly
>>
>>52669385
Hobgoblins have plenty of support with racial archetypes, feats, and more.
>>
>>52669261
>>52669378
>Rory has 8 Int
>Roryanon likes playing low-int to match himself
>he was probably the one asking about the 5 Int Demonspawn

Really makes those gears turn
>>
>>52667763
Typically, you do this because the action spent healing is putting your team ahead of your foes by the worth of the resource used to cast (including the turn of the healer). So, if the party member can do little else and they have spell slots/potions/wands to waste it can be a thing (but probably means that character is feeling a bit useless); there are also the times when a selective channel can basically give your team another round or two of fighting when they would otherwise need to flee, which could allow victory instead of having to run.
In short, only when it's worth it, which is very rare unless the character is otherwise being idle.
If you're a Cleric and you can channel health into lots of people (and avoid healing your foes) for a channel use that would otherwise be doing the same thing after combat, then the only resource you're using is your Standard Action. Are they better off buffing someone (and using a spell slot), or even just bonking something on the head and healing after?
>>
>>52669435
Really activates those smallmonds
>>
>>52669376

Look at it this way, anon.

Gnolls are vicious, instinct-driven Lamashtan assholes. When they manage to subjugate a caravan and bring the fleshy traders to heel, what do you think they're going to do with them?
>>
>>52669435
Really gets the noggin walkin
>>
>>52669169
Gamze had a bad first impression of Shanan, called him a ruffian after he hijacked the cooking station and finds him mean-spirited and has exchanged some glares in the after-session. He called her cards creepy- which is especially bad because they're her main memento from Haleen.

As for Aida, they've teamed up but haven't interacted much. If it bears remarking upon, Gamze once said that if her mother wasn't allergic her familiar would have been a cat.
>>
>>52669485
Kill and probably eat any capable fighters, leaving the rest there to fend for themselves in the wilderness while they fuck off with all their valuables, including their horses, food, clothes, whatever.
What about it?
>>
>>52669534
Gamze's player?How's the Gamze x Essa ship going?
>>
>>52669536

Gnolls are far worse than Orcs or Kitsune, they're filthy monsters that make ogres look like saints.

The only reason people give them a second chance is the furry aspect.
>>
>>52669586
>Gnolls are far worse than Orcs
Orc apologist please go and stay go
>>
>>52669536

>Leaving the rest

What kind of dumbass gnoll would waste the chance to grab a few new slaves?
>>
>>52669608
A faceless NPC whose only purpose is to create plot hooks for the PCs to stumble upon on their travels.
>>
>Don't think I'll be able to get my BitF app in on time
feelsbadman.bmp
>>
>>52669601

Orcs will rape you, enslave you, and then kill you.

Gnolls will rape you, eat the kid when it comes out, shove another one in there, work you half to death and then kill you for that night's dinner.
>>
>>52669655
You tell him, anon! Orcs are noble savages and are simply misunderstood and feared by the misinformed and irrational masses.
>>
>>52668004
2hu's actually gone on-record stating that they don't think God Wizards are very fun, because you have to juggle too many scrolls, wands, spellbooks, and crafting-time. 2hu seems to have a preference for powerful things that can be done at any time, rather than with preparation. You'll notice that for initiating, 2hu doesn't use the much POSSIBLY-damaging, but higher-level/limited-target abilities (AKA the anti-evil Silver Crane stuff, the fireball-like E.Flux options). Or that for the Avowed, they go for the options that can be used every turn in any battle reliably, rather than the modulations or shapes that might not be usable in a certain fight (AoE attacks, saving-throw rider effects, etc).

Simply put, 2hu prefers ALL DAY over absolute godliness.
>>
>>52669566
Gamze and Essa have already started to get along.

She wants to repay his kindness by being useful to the party.
>>
>>52669628
>>
>>52669691
This post feels like you reverse what you meant to spoiler.

post >yfw you realize Essa is the only non-virgin in the party
>>
>>52669655

>Orcs will rape you, enslave you, and then kill you
>Gnolls will do the exact same thing, and probably eat you

Don't orcs eat people too, though?
>>
>>52669742
The difference is that orcs worship a god of war and strength, without honor or mercy.

Gnolls literally worship the goddess of gross fucked up shit, seriously what the hell are those things between your legs guys.
>>
>>52669742

Not really, and those that do don't do it out of reverence to the goddamn Mother of Monster Rape.
>>
>>52669715
Isn't elf milf literally a milf?
>>
>>52669715
>post >yfw you realize Essa is the only non-virgin in the party
The titty elf has kids. Catgirl is surely a slut. So is Shanan
>>
File: 1490129210414.png (132KB, 272x415px) Image search: [Google]
1490129210414.png
132KB, 272x415px
>MFW suggest a lewd game due to lack of sleep and it's an instant hit
>MFW just realized I had a horror campaign idea too that I wanted to run
>MFW that one's already had far more thought put into it
>MFW realize what path I have chosen
>>
>>52669786
post >yfw c@ gets domesticated
>>
>>52669779
Yes, with two half-elf daughters.
Who she's said she wants to get hooked up with some good men.
Who she will, of course, have to personally try out to be sure they're up to the task
>>
>>52669779

Yes, and she has like two daughters.

This obsession with virginity is the seed that grew the same tree of thought that spawned the vile fruits of "Valeriya is a whore" or "Quinn's all gross now" or even the overripe example of "Ameiko isn't waifu material anymore."
>>
>>52669800

Tell us about the horror game.
>>
>>52669755
>>52669771

>"Oh God they're eating people alive!"
>"Yeah, but at least it's not for creepy religious reasons."
>>
>>52668627
Reminder that the main character in that show literally has 20 levels of Dread Necromancer. That's LITERALLY in his statline, as is several Prestige Classes directly lifted from The Book Of Vile Darkness.

Reminder that there's a minor plotpoint that one of the characters has DR/Good & Silver, and that an attempt on their life with a silver weapon wasn't enough because it wasn't blessed as well.

Reminder that the cute, curvy, horned demongirl is almost certainly a Nalfashee, or at least descended from one, due to her massive strength, her personality, and being mocked as a "gorilla" by another character (which Nalfashees in 3.X look like).
>>
>>52669840
Orcs don't eat people alive, most likely.

Too much trouble, the meat isn't good quality and doesn't provide the same nutrition.
>>
>>52669840

Orcs don't eat people while they're still alive, gnolls do.
>>
File: 01 - FJ3lQUi.png (102KB, 384x282px) Image search: [Google]
01 - FJ3lQUi.png
102KB, 384x282px
>>52669819
>tfw elf tries to sleep with Essa expecting the D
>tfw no D
>>
>>52669809
>>
>>52669821
>it's likely only 2-3 PCs between BOTH parties combined were virgins before the campaign(s) started
>purityfags still going ape for no reason because ???

Wooooow
>>
>>52669809
And another.
>>
File: 1474468336733.jpg (1MB, 1197x904px) Image search: [Google]
1474468336733.jpg
1MB, 1197x904px
>>52669836
>Following a war between the Gods and a few hundred years of terror, the world outside has moved into an enlightenment
>But you're stuck in a country that's been left behind, slowly slipping into disrepair
>You all wake up missing the last few weeks
>Your kidnapper and tormentor has fucked off to a secluded city-state
>Which is ruled by a theocratic junta ever since they found out the royal family had started turning themselves into monsters
>Outbreak of mutation has everyone on edge
>PCs have to buddy up with the last few members of an order of monster hunters
>In the city, the church wants to cleanse the entire land with steel and flame
>Beyond the walls, the outlying villages are stuck in a forested land that is actively hostile to civilization

This uh...this city...there's something..."wrong" with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLq9DnkZHfU
>>
>>52669821
I wish the virginity glorification would stop.
Real talk, I'm a 22 year old man that has social issues. And EVEN I don't glorify it.
Sure, it would be nice if my first time would be with someone just as awkward about the deal as myself, but the Reality of it is that it's very likely I'll be with someone that has some experience. But then again, I live in the USA, in Cali, so my thoughts on the deal is shape by my surroundings.

finally.
Valeriya is a wonderful woman, Quinn is still precious, and Ameiko is still a cute
>>
>>52666511
>>52666740

Fuck both of you, a new thread should be made the second it hits the bump limit, and if you disagree you're a faggot.
>>
>>52669913
>tfw no dick
>>
File: 1469753100164.jpg (954KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469753100164.jpg
954KB, 1920x1080px
>>52669956
Notable Influences include, but are not limited to:
>Bloodborne
>Darkest Dungeon
>Ravenloft
>Thief
>Warhammer Fantasy
>>
>>52669821
>>52669973
t. Normies embracing degeneracy
>>
>>52669978
Let's not and say we did.
>>
File: 06 - fpwUQGY.png (144KB, 387x291px) Image search: [Google]
06 - fpwUQGY.png
144KB, 387x291px
>>52670026
>>
>>52669956
What kind of monsters are the Noble's turning into?
>>
What was the name of the big titty mage pc that the player had drawfaggotry of?
>>
>>52670049

What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.
>>
>>52670082
You heard it folks, pure waifus swallow, sluts spit.
>>
File: 1476855269670.jpg (123KB, 748x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476855269670.jpg
123KB, 748x960px
>>52670069
I was tempted to say vampires, but that's too easy. I want it to be a surprise, but the short version is, they still feed on others to empower themselves.

In-universe, there's very little knowledge of what they were besides "corrupted by fiendish influence", since the common folk just kept their heads down and tried to forget while those in the know actively burned or hid any evidence or records that held the truth. The better to keep anyone else from going down the same path...so they hope.
>>
>>52669919

>Tia and Aster
>Seht
>Onryou
>Aranha(?)
>>
>>52670049
t. forever virgin neckbeard
>>
>>52670076
Elsbeth
>>
>>52670082
>eating cocks doesn't make you defiled.
>>
>>52669821
>implying that had anything to do with virginity and not everything to do with the decision to shove a random gnoll rapist that rapes a prominent love interest is anything but an edgy dick move and cheap way to make things suddenly seem serious.
I sincerely doubt Ameiko was a virgin before that shit anyway.
>>
>>52670092
>Sweettooth
But then Quinn happened.
>>
>>52670108
>willingly involving yourself with 3D because your monkey brain wants to splooge into a hole to see smaller versions of yourself.
>>
>>52670122
In Jade Regent's canon, Ameiko had already had a boyfriend during her adventuring days.

He was Sandru Vhiski's brother and he got killed by a snake--hence the tattoo.

He also died helping Ameiko escape from cannibals that had held them both captive--and could very well have raped her during their imprisonment.
>>
>>52670124
>60+ y/old virgin

Damn
>>
>>52670140
>not going outside and breathing in fresh air and make small talk with strangers.
>>
I want to hold hands with Quinn
>>
>>52670157
>-and could very well have raped her during their imprisonment.
No they explicitly say the worst never happened to them and they escaped before it could.

Try again.
>>
>>52670082

>Quoting the prophet of a religion that's neither wanted or found in the West anymore outside of communities widely criticized or even mocked by the outside world
>>
I want to hold hands with Quinn
>>
>>52670170
People going outside is the thing that lead to every major human conflict.
>>
>>52670187
I thought "the worst" was supposed to mean "got eaten alive". But that's just me.
>>
File: nucleaaaaaaaaaar.png (676KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
nucleaaaaaaaaaar.png
676KB, 623x623px
The main thing I was out of LoB&F is:
>Essa and Gamze bond over their familiar
>Gamze comes to admire Essa for being able to handle himself
>Gamze develops a crush on Essa
>Gamze at some point confesses to Essa
>Essa reveals she's been a girl the entire time
It'd be delicious
>>
File: 1483688518977.jpg (123KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1483688518977.jpg
123KB, 572x303px
>>52670198
fuck
you're right
>>
>>52670220
Being a NEET is to work toward world peace, friend.
>>
>>52670178
Then you should probably let a gnoll kidnap Ameiko out from under your nose in broad daylight.
>>
>>52670199
>The group was within
a hair’s breadth of being eaten, abused, and worse by the degenerates but Alder led a heroic attempt to
escape.

So no, she didn't get diddled by hillbilly's either.
>>
>>52670198
You say that now, but just wait until the World Wide Wide War of 2035, when Putin III insults President Lindsey Volfkin over Twitter for not being a real girl.
>>
>>52670240
Can do
>>
>>52670246
But unless people leave their houses, it will remain internet flaming.
>>
>>52670246

Sounds like this is how you get Beautiful Ones.
>>
>>52670257
War between major powers will be done entirely by proxy, through uplifted third-world countries recently discovering social media taking arms to issues they really have no involvement with.
>>
>>52670280
Again, the third-worlders would also need to leave their houses. NEETdom is the path to heaven.
>>
>>52670241

Sounds like an actual quest JJ had with Ameiko when she was a PC.
>>
Is there anywhere online that outlines what happened during Ameiko's year of adventuring? I've only ever seen it referenced obliquely, but it seems like there are actual details somewhere.
>>
Hey LoB&F players what are the character's fetishes?
>>
>>52670345
It's in the back of one of the Jade Regent books. You're courting some serious spoilers.
>>
Would it be possible to have a character who is a blood knight a la Jetstream Sam and not have it be edgy? Could someone have lost the reason why they fight, but continue because it's the only thing they know, yet not enter full edgelord territory?
>>
>>52670359
I really had hopes that LoBaF would be the classic non-meme adventure in /pfg/.
>>
>>52670386
It actually is. But /pfg/ isn't interested in talking about that.
They only want to know which characters are virgins.
>>
>>52670386
Wasn't going to happen.

For what it's worth, I'm not answering shitty questions like this one: >>52670359
>>
>>52670371
>Jetstream Sam without being edgy

WHAT IS EVEN THE FUCKING POINT

THE WHOLE ENJOYMENT OF MGRR CHARACTERS IS THAT YOU CAN JUST LET YOUR EDGELORD LOOSE
>>
>>52670345
It's in the NPC section of Jade Regeant, That's all that's pretty much written.
>Ameiko travels around
>friendzones Sandru
>hooks up with Alder
>hillbillies happen, the escape before the really bad shit starts.
>Alder leads the escape, bunch of people get picked off
>Alder gets bit and dies
>Ameiko and Sandru escape and agree never to broach the subject again.
>>
>>52670371
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E

Link related.
>>
>>52670371
You just don't get broody about it. You enjoy fighting and you don't run around killing innocents off that can't defend themselves.

Done.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>52670359
Iolanthe really has a thing for chivalry.
>>
>>52670359
>Essa
>Crossdressing, sissification, femdom, smalldom/bigsub, facesitting, forced clotheswearing, bondage under clothes, pet play, flogging/spanking, anal
>>
>>52670409
Oh, if I had a campaign that would be comfortable with edgelord characters, I'd just play it straight. I'm asking more for campaigns with less of a focus on fighting, since I'd want to keep the character tied to the current mechanics I have. If it doesn't fit, I'd just make something else.
>>
>>52670386
There are non-meme games (RotRK, HV). They just aren't well known in /pfg/ because they are, well, non-memed.
>>
Are mounted archer characters good?
>>
>>52670491
if you have the space to maneuver, yes!
>>
>>52670484
RotRK runs for the first time tonight! Get hype.
>>
>>52670495
What if I am a small inquisitor that runs about on a wofl who got the mount through a domain (inquisition)?
>>
>>52670519
Small mounted is best, but the value of mounted archery is basically the fact that you can night constantly maneuver.
>>
>>52670462
I want to do these things to essa
>>
>>52670519
Pretty good. In this case you lose almost nothing from being Small as long as you stay mounted most of the time. You do lose a few points of damage, but being able to Rapid Shot/Manyshot every round will make up for that.
>>
>>52670564
You'd have to be actually Small sized to be smaller than Essa.
>>
Are there stats for midget humans?

Not halfings but humans that have dwarfism?
>>
>>52670586
Or a dwarf. Remember, they're like four feet tall.
>>
>>52670484
>>52670518
The question never got answered: What would be the RotRK crew be like genderbent? What about the HR Groups 1 and 2?
>>
>>52670586
I was thinking more role reversal.
>>
>>52670609
According to PFS, playing a human child (such as the iconic Kineticist), is simply a matter of giving them Small-size, with the -2 to STR and +2 to DEX that it entails. Therefore, someone with dwarfism would probably follow the same rules.
>>
>>52670491
Why don't you ask Mr. Big Dick over there?
>>
>>52670609
I remember when I played a dwarf. Under race I put Dwarf (The Deformity) before handing it over to GM approval. He apparently only read the dwarf part.

Didn't realize I wasn't an actual dwarf until the end of the first session.
>>
Rougarou in Bestiary 6 are everything Witchwolf Skinwalkers want to be

+2 str, +2 wis, -2 int, scent, shapeshift into a wolf 1/day, low-light vision.
>>
One day from Shardwalkers end.

What are your guesses for final pick?
>>
>>52670671
but are they cute?
>>
>>52670671
>-2 Int
FUCK THIS

WITCHWOLVES, WITCHES ARE INT BASED
>>
>>52670646
Remember that Small size is 3 feet or less. The average person with Dwarfism is 4 feet tall, so they'd just be a normal human mechanically.
>>
>>52670682
Not if Paizo has anything to say about it.
>>
>>52670682
They are literally wolf furries
>>
>>52670679
Who cares?
>>
>>52670671
Picture needed
>>
>>52670694
>>52670696
Pass
>>
>>52670711
Don't have images sadly, you'll have to take my word

>>52670713
Just wait for DSP to release the next bloodforge with an option to be one of your dumb wolf kenomos then
>>
>>52670732
>dumb
Sorry I'm not as much of an intellectual as you. Clearly, smart people like ugly things.
>>
>>52670758
Yes, they do. Now fuck off.
>>
>>52670671
A folklore accuratewerewolf?! Fucking finally!
>>
>>52670769
Nah, I think I'll keep the anime levels here high.
>>
>>52670788
NO ANIME REE
>>
>>52670732
But what do they look like?!
>>
>>52670802
They look like wolf furries
>>
>>52670788
Have you considered fucking off to /a/ or /c/?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ms7642g8po1rpk3gm.png (519KB, 466x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ms7642g8po1rpk3gm.png
519KB, 466x427px
>>52670802
>>
>wanting furries over cute girls
Can't you see you've gone too far?
>>
>>52670823
I was here first, faglord, and I'll be here when you're gone.
>>
>>52670710
>Who cares?
Exactly. Shardwalkers, BitF, WWW have all stalled out without the last minute flood of apps. People don't even really care about Blingmaker anymore either, though that might pick up next week. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of people giving a shit about /pfg/ games.
>>
>>52670832
I walked down this path long ago anon

There's no saving me now

Smash the R@
>>
>>52670832
No, we can ignore the furries but the cute girl races will just attract more cancer.
>>
>>52670862
>implying furries aren't cancerous, and drawn to each other
>>
New Thread
>>52670873
>>52670873
>>52670873
>>52670873
>>52670873
>>52670873
>>
>>52670862
Furry races also invite cancer. God damn, for every one of your uguu catgirls, I have to turn away 5 full on furries.
>>
>>52670877
Honestly as long as they don't shit up the threads with I'M A FURRY MUH FURSECUTION I'M SPECIAL

who gives a fuck

Thats the real problem with the kitsunefags, they shit up the threads
>>
>>52670877
Cute fags are worse. Trust me. Furries don't frequent these parts and the ones that do know they're scum, they don't get uppity.
>>
>>52670894
Its true I do want to kill myself.
>>
>>52670890
What kitsunefags? The anime OP poster is the only one.
>>
>>52670890
>>52670894
>caring about this thread
This place is awful and there's be almost no real posting anyway. I'd like to give less ammo to people coming here with their "secret" furry fetish. Those players are disruptive as shit, while most of the kitsune and catgirl players just wanted cute art and then act like normal people in game.
>>
>>52670931
>those players are disruptive as shit

I think you might be wrong.
>>
>>52670936
You thought wrong.
>>
>>52670963
Really? Because I think the kind of players that are disruptive as shit are Rorys
>>
>>52670982
He's a furry though.
>>
>>52670773

THE BEAST OF GEVAUDAN!
>>
>>52671003
I don't think he is actually.
>>
>>52667304
Why are you so mad over a fictional characters penis?
>>
>>52670847
It's all drowned out by LoBaF, strangely.

Something about forbidden fruit and DHB.
>>
>>52671034
Superior shipping as well.
>>
>>52671034
Even then there doesn't seem to be much LoBaF posting either. It's in such small concentrations that I just naturally assumed it's the players unsuccessfully trying to force the meme of their characters.
>>
>>52671382
>meme characters
>>
>>52666758
is out
>>
>>52671382
Aside from memeposting, there's whoever's DHB stalker is who keeps mentioning LoBaF things only because DHB is in it.
>>
What are the good apps of the still recruiting games?

Who's in, who's out?
>>
>>52673289
Cause people are desperate. Also wouldn't be surprised DHB is just an attention fag like the rest.
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.