[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /AoSG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 47

File: 09-04-KharadronCompany-Content.jpg (93KB, 1000x397px) Image search: [Google]
09-04-KharadronCompany-Content.jpg
93KB, 1000x397px
Kharadrons a coming! edition

>old thread
>>52622415

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>custom warscroll maker
http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/
>>
>>52639127
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jesus Christ

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>52639127

Overlords look like shit tbqh senpai
>>
Bumping the TRUE thread.
>>
>>52639127
Squat Scions for 40k?
>>
File: GAMA-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg (560KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg
560KB, 1000x1000px
>>52639243
>>52639270
Plebs will forever be plebs.

Kharadron Overlords are awesome.
>>
>>52639401
I know people who are convinced to start playing AoS solely because of them.

Hastings
>>
>>52599675
If they release a "Start Collecting!" I might actually start getting back into the hobby. Something about how over the top and non-serious they are appeals to me.
>>
What are people's thoughts on the gore pilgrim formation?
>>
>>52639127
>steamshit
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>52639501
I don't think you quoted whom you think you quoted
>>
>>52639401
For once, I really like the official paintjob. Gold and purple is such a pretty combo.
>>
>>52639243

They're dorfs with pistols and swords in armor. What is so funny?
>>
File: img49956f173a1cb.jpg (45KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
img49956f173a1cb.jpg
45KB, 600x362px
>>52639731
>Real dwarven machines look like this! I SAID SO!
>>
>>52639731
Because they are an exaggerated "parody" of fantasy dwarves, up to eleven.
Whfb dwarves were an exaggerated "parody" of lotr ones. Wow dwarves are an exaggerated "parody" of Whfb ones. these look like an exaggerated "parody" of Wow dwarves.

We have 40k for that. This sucks.
>>
>>52639911
Except they're in no way at all similar to WoW dwarves?
>>
>>52639911

Bruh they're airship pirates, they look nothing like WoW dwarves lmao.
>>
>>52639964
>>52640003
This.

I get the aos=wow meme is a thing, but this is a stretch.
>>
Also, the more I see them, the less Stormcast bother me and the more I read about them, the less they seem like Astartes
>>
>>52640258
Now you're getting it. Stormcasts=space marines is a meme. That's all it is.
>>
>>52640258
>>52640285
Stormcast are actually incredibly similar to space marines. To deny that is to be as delusional as any asshurt Fantashit.
>>
>>52639127
Hey, looks like Squats are back, even if they did get lost in the wron
>>
>>52640316
They are only similar in very superficial ways, mainly being supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god.

Basically if you are being superficial enought to consider Stormcast the same as space marines then you are also considering all kind of short races the same. Hobbits and Dwarfs have less differences than Stormcast and Space Marines.
>>
>>52640219
>>52640003
>>52639964

Is not the similarity, is the fact that each iteration is more "dwarvish" in the sense that has to have more plate, more steam, and more guns up to have dwarves with gatlings.

Is a "Flanderization". I hope is more clear sorry.
>>
>>52640003
They actually resemble the WoW goblins, now that I think of it
>>
>>52639911
This is precisely one of the main problems I have with a lot of the art style in AoS. Everything's a caricature of a caricature of a caricature. Just too many iterations of trying to make the outlandish features of a race even more so as if it's a competition with fantasy predecessors.
>>
>>52640389
>supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god
That's the essence of space marines in a nutshell. Some minor details that only nerds care about may differ.
>>
>>52640405
>>52640426

Yes I meant that, sorry if it was unclear. The issue I have is that without "straight" characters, the exaggerations fall flat. Even 40k has IG.
>>
>>52640389
>They are only similar in very superficial ways, mainly being supersoldiers that fight against chaos and serving a god.

Super soldiers created from human warriors who have proven themselves worthy and are elevated to a semi-divine state, giving up their humanity to wage endless battle amongst realms far vaster than they could imagine as mere men.
These angelic warriors are armed and armoured with some of the finest equipment their god-monarch can provide and are utterly loyal to the cause.
They typically strike from the skies and though nearly always outnumbered they are never outmatched.
>>
File: Sailor[1].jpg (313KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor[1].jpg
313KB, 1280x720px
>>52640443
Space Marines people
>>
>>52639554
I'm intrigued by it. It doesn't take too many units, and the buffs only apply to the heroes so you can fill your points with other units. You're taking a bloodsecrator and battle line anyway, as long as you're bringing priests it's pretty good.
Priests aren't that killy in combat anyway, so it's not a problem to hold them back with the banner guy.
It looks good on paper at least
>>
>>52640520
Not soldiers
Not superhumans
Not fighting against Chaos
Not serving a god

weeb/10
>>
>>52640506
You just described super soldiers using more words bro.
>>
>>52640506
Don't forget that they're also essentially organized into chapters.
>>
>>52640542
>Not soldiers
Do you know that Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon is the complete title?
>Not superhumans
How do you define someone with enhanced physical abilities and powers?
>Not fighting against Chaos
http://sailormoon.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos
>Not serving a god
Queen Serenity has as much claims to the title the Emperor has.

retard/10
>>
>>52640622
False equivalence: the post
>>
>>52640559
No, super soldier covers a bigger area that.
Super soldiers need not be created from humans, let alone worthy ones. They don't need to bear any divine connotations. They don't need to be given the best equipment or be loyal to a fault. They don't need to deep strike and be out-manned.
Stormcast and Space Marines are almost exactly the same narritively.
>>
>>52640645
I was wrong on every single point but I refuse to admit it: the post
>>
>>52640645
You mean like the false equivalences linking stormcast eternals to space marines? Yes I agree.
>>
>>52638544
That's a really cool idea anon. l do love the idea of RPG's built solidly with a specific idea in mind, but I just generally have a bit of a boner for massive amounts of possible approaches in RPG's, hence the 8 different races from all alliances.

I look forward to seeing you post it here.
>>
>>52640647
>>52640679

I am not him fagits. Anyway he alrady answered.
You cannot compare the sailors and say they cluster together with Space Marines and Sigmarnes. Sophisms excluded, you know very well that th latter two are copies.

If you LIKE it, more power to you but you cannot create a definition so generic, so generic that anything goes. Is disingenuous.
The alternative is that you are two retards, thing that is, indeed, possible.
>>
>>52640477
Every faction has its 'baseline' stuff, it's not just IG.

None of the stuff in AoS has that. Every unit is the super special skyguard fiendslayer slaughterer equipped with darkshard bloodcracker glaives made of dracometal hyperingots and stargold skullarmour. It's gotten so ridiculous now that I don't even read the names of weapons or abilities anymore, I just look at the numbers. There's no frame of reference for the more outlandish and magical stuff because EVERYTHING is like this.

I mean, look at Warmahordes. I consider that game one of the worst sinners when it comes to giant shoulderpads syndrome. They have some of the most ridiculous armour/weapon/etc designs ever. But they still have their baseline riflemen and whatever, the presence of whom makes the fantastical more fantastical.

I was just hoping GW would stop this trend of everything having to be a parody of an exaggeration of a parody. There is a point where you stop being distinct and start being retarded.
>>
>>52640747
You're forgetting that you are retarded and so your opinions are moot.
If you can't see that Stormcast are blatant copies of Space Marines you either don't know them very well and so shouldn't speak on this subject or have brain problems.
>>
>>52640747
>you cannot create a definition so generic, so generic that anything goes. Is disingenuous.

It's literally what the Stormcast=Space Marines guys are doing. See >>52640443

It's not my fault that "the essence of space marines in a nutshell" is so fucking vague that comprehend fucking Sailor Moon.
>>
>>52640822
This.
>>
>>52640791
Uh? My point is this one. Did I answer to the wrong post?
>>
>>52640747
>you know very well that th latter two are copies.

They are big guys in complete armor. They are indeed similar from an esthetic and conceptual standpoint.

Everything else is different. It's literally the same as claiming that hobbits, dwarfs and gnomes in all incarnations across all media are the same.
>>
>>52640822
>>52640837
"this" my ass. Take random people, take the
sailors, the SM and the sigmarines.

Then ask "2 out of three are closer to each other"
What the fuck do you think people will answer?
>>
>>52640837
>This
Posts are cancer. Go to reddit if you want to upvote comments.
>>
>>52640895
>being this much in denial
>>
>>52640895
>Everything else is different.

Almost nothing is different except for specific details.
>>
>>52640910
>Anything I don't agree with is cancer.
>>
>>52640895
Aside from a few minor details, everything about them is the same.
>>
>>52640899
You can do the same by switching the space marine with a bretonnian knight or a chaos warrior

>>52640916
>>52640936
>nothing is different
>except the things that they are
>>
>>52640953
>You can do the same by switching the space marine with a bretonnian knight or a chaos warrior

Good job anon. You are just few steps away
*pats head*
>>
Stormcast eternals =/= space marines

Sorry that triggers you guys, but it is what it is. You can either deal with it, or continue your autistic screeching.
>>
>>52640953
>>nothing is different
>>except the things that they are

Nobody ever claimed they are 1:1 replicas of Space Marines. But they're the same thematically and in terms of narrative functionality. They're also very similar aesthetically.
>>
>>52640935
I don't give a fuck about whether or not Marines and Stormcast are the same. I'm not involved in that queer little argument. I hear imgur also has an upvote system if you're interested.
>>
>>52640964
>Scanning post for arguments
>Arguments found: 0
>>
>>52640967
>Nobody ever claimed they are 1:1 replicas of Space Marines

>th latter two are copies.
>Stormcast are blatant copies of Space Marines
> everything about them is the same.
> nothing is different
>Stormcast and Space Marines are almost exactly the same

Uh, thread full of nobodies tonight
>>
>supersoldiers created by the power of a divine emperor
>wear heavy, bulky, form-encompassing armor that is iconic to them
>often uplifted from barbaric tribesmen and primitive warriors
>organized into chapters with particular color schemes for their iconic armor
>stripped of their humanity and by their transformation and a bunch of brainwashing
>considered the greatest fighting force of their god-emperor
>considered the greatest warriors against Chaos
>known for appearing without warning from the skies and striking a devastating blow against the enemies of their god-emperor
>relatively few in number but extremely hardy and worth many other mortal soldiers, heroes to a man

They're fucking Space Marines, deal with it.
>>
I can't believe there are people who in all seriousness state that stormcasts are not supposed to be space marines. They've got to be trolling. Even GW emphasised this by replacing the statue.
>>
File: Fuhrer of 88 peaks.png (1MB, 653x748px) Image search: [Google]
Fuhrer of 88 peaks.png
1MB, 653x748px
Who the fuck cares about Stormcasts when the game has Moonklan Grots?
>>
Starting a Ironjawz army, aiming for 2000 points, how screwed am I?
>>
>>52641029
Can you just not into English?
Is hyperbole a foreign concept to you?
Are you a genuine retard who truely takes such things to mean that Space Marines and Stormcast are identical despite anyone with eyes being able to see that that is not the case?
>>
>>52641057
Moonclan > Borecast
Ironjawz > Snorecast
Death > Samecast
Free peoples > Lamecast
>>
>>52640405
>>52640426

Well is the same with orcs. Now they are so big
>>52641080
that you don't need ogres.
>>
>>52641080
They are decent. Not top-tier in the meta, and a lot of games will depend on getting a double turn, but if you like killing shit in melee you will love them.
>>
>>52641138
The bigger they are, the more Ogres can eat, silly.
>>
>>52641118
Moonklan > all
Non-green subgoblins will be eaten on the day of the squig.
>>
File: 1443125161472.jpg (84KB, 1208x626px) Image search: [Google]
1443125161472.jpg
84KB, 1208x626px
>>52641093
>Space Marines and stormcast have similar concepts but lots of differences
>No, they are exactly the same, all differences don't matter
>So they are the same except when they aren't?
>Nobody claimed they were exactly the same
>Somebody just did
>anyone with eyes can see that that is not the case

You are either someone that didn't follow the reply chain or a complete idiot whose shitposting just went pic related into claiming what I was claiming at the start.
>>
>>52641048
>stripped of their humanity and by their transformation and a bunch of brainwashing
Other anon here, I kinda doubt that.
>>
>>52641200
No, you just can't hold an actual conversation.
>>
File: 4128536-7623392691-Terra.jpg (151KB, 820x974px) Image search: [Google]
4128536-7623392691-Terra.jpg
151KB, 820x974px
Cannon fodder reporting. I've got high-tech power armor with enormous pauldrons.
>>
File: 1898315-halo_wars_spartans.jpg (642KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1898315-halo_wars_spartans.jpg
642KB, 1920x1200px
>>52641242
Screw off. I've selected from promising children, indoctrinated to feel no fear & genetically enhanced. I'm thematically a space marine. You're just a guardsman or a penal legionnaire.
>>
>>52641223
I'm not the one that did a complete change of point halfway the conversation and then called the other an idiot for not agreeint with what the other was arguing for in the first place.

You literally tried to do the "duck season, rabbit season" joke.
>>
>Filter post with Space
>Half the thread is filtered

oh boy, there must be lots of Whfb grognards here
>>
>>52641317
I've done nothing but present the similarities between Stormcast and Space Marines, and rightly questioned the intelligence of those who would refute those.
>>
>>52641377
So it's rabbit season again?
>>
>>52641377
You've basically shitposted a little. That's all.
>>
>>52641391
No, have a point season.

>>52641410
It's not shitposting, it's a conversation.
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (28KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
28KB, 400x513px
Still waiting
>>
>>52641433
It's hardly anything. The problem is that there will be similarities between even the most different of things. Some people called Oldcrons the Metal Tyranids for one.

In fact, it might as well be argued that the Sigmarines are Necrons.
>Regenerating metal soldiers
>Have anti-Chaos/Warp stuff
>People taken by a powerful entity & put into a metal body
>Gradually more emotionless, if not already emotionless
>>
>>52641486
There are similarities but not to the extent that Space Marines and Stormcast share.

>>Regenerating metal soldiers

Stormcast aren't metal, they wear armour,.

>>Have anti-Chaos/Warp stuff

Stormcast are actually enhanced by magic.

>>People taken by a powerful entity & put into a metal body

Stormcast don't have metal bodies. They also had to prove their worth to be reforged, unlike the Necrons were people were forcibly converted.

>>Gradually more emotionless, if not already emotionless

This was a brief period of Necron history at the start of 5e and hasn't been part of their fluff before or since.

You also completely ignore the role of Necrons in setting as compared to Stormcast. Necrons are a menace rather than heroic figures. Thematically the Necrons and Stormcast are almost entirely different, not to mention aesthetically.
>>
>>52641146
I do and I like heavily armored Orks who are not Borecast Eternals.
>>
Painting my skeletons gold for my fabulous wight king to command. Any other conversion/painting ideas to go max bling-bling?
>>
>>52641582
>have armor
So do many. They've been swiped & made to fight
>magic
The Tomb Squats had magic too.
>They also had to prove their worth to be reforged, unlike the Necrons were people were forcibly converted.
Very unlike the children taken to become space marines. In fact, Stormcasts might have some non-humans there. The Necrons got Pariahs.
>This was a brief period of Necron history at the start of 5e and hasn't been part of their fluff before or since
The guy said oldcrons.

Thematically, the space marines are pretty grey. You've got the marines malevolent and lots of grimdark.
>>
>>52642228
>So do many.

But unlike Necrons who are made of metal.

>Very unlike the children taken to become space marines.

Not at all. The children who become space marines have proven themselves through combat already.

>In fact, Stormcasts might have some non-humans there.

They don't.

>The guy said oldcrons.

They didn't grow more emotionless over time.

>Thematically, the space marines are pretty grey. You've got the marines malevolent and lots of grimdark.

Stormcast are just as grey. Knight's Excelsior and lots of grimdark.
>>
File: havinaball.jpg (1MB, 2528x1998px) Image search: [Google]
havinaball.jpg
1MB, 2528x1998px
>>52640590

I mean their fluff is entirely different.

Space marines get it from genetic engineering and rigorous training. Stormcasts get it because they've ascended to demigodhood.

Yes, they're pretty much the same in the demigod category, but they're different.

Also, Stormcasts apparently get PTSD, can get visions of their past lives before they were reforged, and every time they get reforged after dying they become more and more autonomous.

Astartes are just overzealous warriors.
>>
>>52642463
>but they're different.

Not any thematic level.
They get magic put them that makes them buff.

>Also, Stormcasts apparently get PTSD, can get visions of their past lives before they were reforged, and every time they get reforged after dying they become more and more autonomous.

All done by Space Marines before Stormcast.
>>
>>52642501

I had no idea Astartes could come back to life after dying. I also had no idea that when they died, they become lightning that flies back to Maccrage to be turned alive again by god powers of Spiritual Liege.
>>
Has anyone here heard of Dark Age of Sigmar? It looks really cool.

http://www.exprofundis.com/introducing-aos28-inq28-meets-age-sigmar/
>>
>>52642542
>I had no idea Astartes could come back to life after dying.

Dreadnought and general cybernetics.
Legion of the Damned.

> I also had no idea that when they died, they become lightning that flies back to Maccrage to be turned alive again by god powers of Spiritual Liege.

See this is just set dressing. Irrelevant. If I created a game with a faction called the Fireforged Immortals who suspiciously looked and acted a lot like the Stomcast Eternals but replaced lightning with fire you should still be able to see the similarities.
>>
Does it really matter? Back when WHFB was more active, people complained how similar Chaos warriors were to space marines. They're big, heavily armored, increadibly zealous warriors. Sure it's a fun archtype, but there's plenty of settings which have other basically interchangeable "big serious guys in lots of armor".
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (20KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
20KB, 600x497px
>>52642607
>Fireforged Immortals
>>
>>52641050
Not the one in memphis
>>
File: Easter Lizard.jpg (128KB, 570x782px) Image search: [Google]
Easter Lizard.jpg
128KB, 570x782px
So my LGS owner got my to cave in to buy Skinks and Saurs for AoS, even though I don't own a single book, since I wanna play Lizardmen in BloodBowl and don't care for Orcs, Dwarves or Hummies. So I was wondering, what do I need to actually get a functioning AoS Lizzzzzards army running besides the 20 Saurus and 20 Skinks? Also do the AoS Saurus's still tower over Skinks? Is it like 40k where almost 300 dollars later I still can't play with my army because my LGS does 1k+ point games? My experience with them comes from BB2.
Also heres an Easter Lizzzzzard I found.
>>
New Moonclan units when?
>>
Guys, come on.

Are we really trying to argue that Stormcast aren't supposed to be Fantasy Marines for the Marine audience? It is extremely blatant.

They have even chapters for fucks' sake. They're not called chapters, but that's pretty much what they are in the context of the setting and game. No, they are not the EXACT same concept, but they are the same overall concept, and they are clearly designed to be the Space Marines of AoS.
>>
>>52642916
They are designed to be similar. No-one is refuting that.

Unfortunately, hyperbole is abused, and people say that Stormcast are 100% Space Marines, with no nuance or definition given. This mindset has the potential to hurt the image of the game, either directly through turning off possible new players who don't like Space Marines, or indirectly through giving new players an incorrect vision of what the Stormcast are.

>>52640760
Not "everyone" is an over-the-top magical archetype. Yes, the new factions fit into that category, but if you don't like that, there are plenty of more traditional fantasy races to play as. Freeguild don't have fancy minerals or super-magic or powerful bodies, they're just humans wielding steel weapons. Skaven are still shit-rats, Beastmen still engage in raids, ambushes and small invasions, and the regular Chaos Warriors still exist. The down-to-earth stuff is still there. It just hasn't been given centre stage.
>>
>>52639389
More like Mordheim dwarfs, just remove backpacks and swap the heads and replace with third party dwarf heads, and you got something going!
>>
>>52642873
Download the books from the links at the top of the thread.

Buy the Start Collecting! box if you like the models, because they're a great deal and will give you a good Leader to use for your forces.

Maybe that and a big monster you like will get you about 1k-ish points. That or another collecting kit. The monster it comes with can be made as either one of two leaders, or a regular monster.
>>
>>52642873
The fuck were you buying that $300 couldn't get you over 1,000 points?
>>
I came into the Chaos half of a DV box. Any ideas on what I could sell it for/get it for on >>>/r/miniswap?
>>
> Dwarves
> Swords and daggers

pick one and only one.

if they wanted short 1 handed weapons why not meat hooks (they're nautical and pirate themed), or 1 handed mauls, or small hammers, or hatchets with grapplelling spikes on the other end.
>>
>>52639127
And they said the squats were gone...
>>
>>52643687
Take it to the appropriate thread, or better yet fuck off back to ribbit
>>
>>52640760
Your right on the money. My brain just auto tunes out when im reading about each magical godhammer and its epic abilities.

Without a dude+spear wheres our frame of reference.
>>
>>52643547
Dark Angels VS Chaos, HelDrake, Crabtank and a normal tank. It may have been more for 40k. I just remember every event I couldn't play in so I wen't back to Malifaux.
>>
>>52643699
They're not just swords, they're cutlasses, the definitive pirate weapon. Besides, since when can mountain manlets not use swords and daggers?
>>
File: 20170411_002135.jpg (105KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_002135.jpg
105KB, 600x337px
so what's the best intro to Sigmar i can find online? I just picked up the Skaven Half of the old Isle of Blood box for $20, and should probably put them to good use. Might use them for Bloodbowl, i know my LGS is starting a league soon.
>>
Tbh its quite clear AoS is going for a WoW anything goes setting mixed with mtg planes.
What it gets right so far is its keeping the aesthetic serious unlike what happened to WoW with goblins and gnomes being real world pop culture references and ruining the setting.
>>
>>52644076
Every race has pop culture references and is based off real world peoples/locations.
>>
>>52644107
Think before posting autism.
>>
>>52643971
Get storm feinds or storm vermin
>>
>>52639127
So what's the deal with these guys? Are they just dwarves in full body armor that still has beards built on? Or are they like cyborgs/constructs that look like dwarves?

Just curious because they look pretty damn cool. They might be what finally get me to bother with AoS

Never got into it after they gutted the fluff for my Ogre Kingdoms and made them way more boring to me
>>
>>52644170

The former - the clouds they 'mine' in are apparently quite corrosive, so they cover up all of their bodies with specialized protection gear. And since they're dwarves, that means stylized beard helmets of course.
>>
>>52640405
The issue with Warhammer dwarves is they always were supposed to be the most technologically advanced but had some strange law that prevented them from utilising it.
End times has swept away this rule.
>>
>>52642188
the bones are made of gold
they come from the old bling kingdoms of chamon
>>
>>52644212
this is fluff apt to explain specific design choices
>>
>>52640645
Have you ever actually watched/read sailor moon?
>>
File: 1487694468928.png (61KB, 533x602px) Image search: [Google]
1487694468928.png
61KB, 533x602px
>Flame Cannon is the most powerful warmachine in the game
>GW does not carry it anymore
>Ebay niggers charging upwards to 80-120 dollars for one

My only hope is to find a second hand one but that is impossible cause GW killed most 2nd hand retailers.

Fucking kikes.
>>
File: 1488396327150.png (366KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488396327150.png
366KB, 800x450px
>All the faggots in this thread saying "Dwarves"
>>
So, when using the Vampire Lord's Command Ability ("Models in that unit make one extra attack with each of their melee weapons until your next hero phase") in conjunction with the Necromancer's spell ("...pick a Skeleton, Mordant, or Zombie unit within 18"; that unit can pile in and attack twice in your combat phase.), does that mean that, say, a unit of Skeleton Warriors attacks twice with the Vampire Lord's command ability, and then twice again with the Necromancer's spell?
>>
>>52641048
>>stripped of their humanity and by their transformation and a bunch of brainwashing

Mentally the Stormcast are as human as they were as mortals. There is no stripping of humanity except when they lose a portion of it on their deaths and reforging.
>>
>Blood Tithe Points

Really? They literally copied that shit rule from 40k? They couldn't come up with something original?
>>
>>52644794
dwarves
>>
>>52644816
Why wouldn't Khorne work the same way?
>>
Vampire novel set in the Mortal Realms when? The Prisoner of the Black Sun audio dramas were bangin', and Mannfred was one of the parts from BL material so far.
>>
Tallyband of Nurgle 100
Great Unclean One 240
Epidemius 180
Daemon Prince 160

x2 (20) Plaguebearers 400
x2 (10) Plaguebearers 200
(3) Nurglings 80

x2 Plagueclaw catapults 360
Soulgrinder 280

Tried to make a competitive Nurgle list for a local tournament, not sure if the Tallyband is worth it. Can Nurgle Daemons work?
>>
>>52644804
>>>52641048
I don't see what the big deal is. IF SCE = Space Marines, then whatever. If this is the worst argument we can have on /AoS/, then I'd say we're doing pretty good for ourselves desu.
>>
>>52644794
Duardin
Dwarviolli
Dwarvs
>>
>>52644801
Yes. If we're talking about Skeleton Warriors, though, we can take it further. Take 30 Skeleton Warriors with spears. If they're all in range (hence the spears), then we get 3 attacks each base, which increases to 4 each from the Vampire, then we double that from the Necromancer (if the Danse goes off). Additionally, if the Vampire or Necromancer is within 10" of the Skellies, they get +1 to hit, making their profile 4+ to hit, 4+ to wound, no rend, 1 damage. Pretty basic, but if you get them all in range, that's a potential 240 attacks in total. You probably won't get that, as RAW the skeletons have to wait for someone else to attack before they can attack again, and they've only got 6+ saves (5+ versus no rend). At least, that's how I interpret that.

tl;dr your enemies have entered the BONE ZONE.
>>
>>52645149
Wait, fuck.

>RAW the skeletons have to wait for someone else to attack before they can attack again
means you make your first 4 attacks each as described on their weapon profile. VDM means you can make those attacks twice.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
>>
File: 1491782161301.jpg (46KB, 505x478px) Image search: [Google]
1491782161301.jpg
46KB, 505x478px
>>52644816
>Streamlining a faction so that player that collect for 20+ years like me have an easy- seamless transition between all gw games

SAD!
>>
>>52644769
What the fuck are you on about ? chinaman have it for 8$ in box
>>
Going to take part in local aos tournament, 1500pts. R8 & hate this woodlist

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Treelord Ancient(300)
-General
-Trait: Gnarled Warrior - Sylvaneth
-Artefact: The Oaken Armour
-Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Branchwych(100)
-Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri
-Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
5 x Tree-Revenants(100)
5 x Tree-Revenants(100)
6 x Kurnoth Hunters(360)
-Scythes
3 x Kurnoth Hunters(180)
-Greatswords
Treelord(260)
Household(20)
Gnarlroot Wargrove(80)

Total:1500/2000
>>
>>52645977
>sylvaneth mixed

kys
>>
>>52643862
Cause they didn't do swords and daggers in Tolkien, and so by extension WFB, so it's wrong. Never try to innovate on Tolkien, fantasy must never change.
>>
>>52644794
Dorfs
>>
>>52645977
whatcha gunna do vs sum skarbrand bro???
>>
>>52645980
Ty for the hate, love it!

>>52646085
Fucking good question. Dunno, maybe he doesn't care about wood skulls and gives a pass on the match. Any other good R8 & hates?
>>
>>52645758

Where do people find all this china cast shit? I want some TK minis, but ebay is full of price gouging faggots charging $80 for a box of skeletons.
>>
>>52640405
Well, they don't have steam, instead they use highly refined magic. Their basic guys literall go into fights using neoprene/leather/whatever textile those jumpsuits are made of. SO there goes your argument.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170411-112931.jpg (577KB, 1304x752px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170411-112931.jpg
577KB, 1304x752px
Exalted Deatbbringer with impaling spear has 5 attack base.
If part of a Gorechosen and equipped with pic related his attack profile is now
13A /2+ /3+ /-1 /1 Right ? then if whatever is still alive, the imping spear comes into play, right ?
>>
File: 1491747420437.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1491747420437.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>52646372
Yes.
But at this point why not just take a BT with mega axe and Agrath for
4A /2+/2+/-2/D6 ?
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52646265
Literraly just ask here or on reddit yoyhammer
>>
>>52644076
Hold up! Are you telling me... Skaven are not based on chinks?
>>
Well, that thread of AoS or WHFB has turned quite the dumpster fire with butthurt AoSfags and WHFBfags.
>>
>>52646468
Skub discussion always lives on
>>
>>52645752
...was this picture taken in a fucking pub?
>>
>>52646372
You can choose to add before multiplying, so it's more 16 attacks.

Also on the Exalted Deathbringer the artifact that gives +1 damage is statistically the same as the mark of the destroyer, except it evade any arguments about adding before multiplying and don't have the risk to kill your model.
>>
>>52646740
Sorry, ignore the bit about the +1 damage artifact. that's only for Daemons.
>>
>>52644611
I am hetero
>>
>>52646406
it's litterally against the rules of yoyhammer and even here people refuse to give contact infos
>>
File: Seekers1.jpg (46KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
Seekers1.jpg
46KB, 600x272px
*Summons 10 seekers*
*Teleports behind you within 3 inches*
*takes your army apart*
nothing personell kiddo
*summons 10 more seekers*
>>
>>52646828
yeah sure faggot
https://www.reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/5nfoiz/quality_since_the_mail_leak/
>>
File: Screenshot_20170410-222635.jpg (351KB, 1304x1304px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170410-222635.jpg
351KB, 1304x1304px
>>52647136
*see big tits*
*unzip pants*
Nothin' personel, cucq
*rape*
>>
>>52646828
>4chan follow reddit rules

ok nice b8, m8
>>
Did "blades of blood" change the statline for khorne daemons?
>>
>>52644769
>Flame Cannon is the most powerful warmachine in the game
hellcannon son
>>
>>52647394
nope.
But concil of blood, dark feast, gorethunder are pretty cool.

Also the new objects and blood tithe are crazy good.
Also
> WE WUZ WIZARD N SHEEIT
>>
>>52639127
>Dorfs with scimitars
>Dorfs with spears
WHAT IS THIS, BIZARRO WORLD?
>>
>>52647519
Wait so they released a big updated warscroll thing... but didn't update anything? Why?
>>
>>52640506
>giving up their humanity
How many times have we gone over this?
>>
>>52645977
hey look its every sylvaneth list ever made
>>
>>52647586
Well they do.
>>
>>52647544
>pirates with cutlasses
>pirates with harpoons
No, this is common sense.
>>
>>52647573
Some of the bloodhound warscrolls changed. Bloodreavers, khorgoraths, mighty lord and the priests at least, possibly some other ones I didn't catch
>>
>>52647544
These are dwarves that truly dont give a shit. They even have some sort of A bomb.
>>
>>52647573
there is plenty of new formations for deamons.. added the rule that makes them being able to combine khirne related, gave khornepriest "magic", gave 30 magical artefact and tuned a couple of points cost.

far from "nothing" desu. fact, pretty huge for 20€
>>
File: Screenshot_20170411-144902.jpg (216KB, 789x1303px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170411-144902.jpg
216KB, 789x1303px
>>52645000
Tallyband is one of the most op build
pic is the gold standard. just push forward and win.

Disclaimer : you'll need to think and not push forward in ultra competitive environment
>>
>>52647544
don't call them dwarves... call them squats!
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
So is it true the Empire are now total cucks in the Age of Sigmar fluff?
>>
>>52647723
Anyone that can snipe the HQ/leaders will rekt it m8
They are too slow to run away and they are too large to hide them
>>
>>52647787
The Empire doesn't exist in Age of Sigmar.
Normal men are obviously pretty cuck tier next to super humans like Stormcast and Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>52647787
They are still kind of badass.

But only because Stormcast may be powerful, but they are dumb as fuck and complete morons, so normal people are the ones that usually get the important shit done anyway.
>>
>>52647787
Stormcast - Space Marines
Free People - Imperial Guard
Every comparison that you can make between the two checks out.
>>
>>52647813
No one care about your input.
Its a tried and true list that won tournament with 3 hurricanums and armies of kurnoth bows.

Dont be stupid, play with terrain, use the fast drones.

>haha anyone who can kill your biggest and tougher and autohealing dudes that account for 1/4 of your army will totally rekt you so much!

wow nice job faggot who would have taught1!!1!
Its also the counter to Beastclaw, list with alarielle, list with nagash/any 400+ points monsters, guess thats why we never see them in tournament huh ?
Oh wait this kind of list win 80% of every tournament wow.
Please show me your trophies bro
>>
>>52647904
Stormcast are much taller and stronger than tabletop marines tho.
>>
>>52647723
>tallyband is op
Bronze league detected
>>
>>52647787
Yes. Lizardmen fuck their wives as well.
>>
File: 1400625612960.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1400625612960.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
>>52639127
>mfw there will be no Kharadrons start collecting box
>>
>>52647723
>Tallyband is one of the most op build
kek, no
You are only forcing the enemy to focus a little bit more on single units instead of spreading out, but you are so slow you can't really take advantage of that.

It's a nice battalion, but nothing more.
>>
Where can I find rules for fighting on other realms?
>>
>>52640506

Every time someone says this I think of the multiple times we've seen stormcast vomit in their masks and cried about their lost families.
>>
>>52648293
Campaign books
>>
>>52645043
>Dwarviolli
Lmao, saved.
>>
I'm going to do pale skinned (rakarth flesh base), blond Fyreslayers, what's the best realm to stick them in, basing wise?

I'm thinking life or beasts for the darker greens and reds forests or jungles would have.
>>
>>52647988

There surely will be eventually. I was under the impression that brand new models lines never get a SC! box. Seems like a business move to rake in as much cash as possible off your new shit before you start handing out the fast discounts.
>>
>>52641048

This proves space marines are just sci-fi warriors of chaos even 20 years later t b h
>>
>>52648652
Ironjawz got one, Sylvaneth got one, Stormcast got one, Bloodbound got one.
>>
How's this Khorne list for maximum herohammer?

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- Artefact: Deathdealer
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- Artefact: Deathdealer
Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)
- Artefact: A'rgath the King of Blades
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
- General
- Trait: Berzerker Lord - Khorne Mortal Hero
- Artefact: Heart Seeker
Exalted Deathbringer (80)
- Ruinous Axe & Skullgouger

Battleline
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist

Units
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Spinecleavers
5 x Skullreapers (140)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Spinecleavers

Battalions
Council of Blood (80)
The Goretide (40)
Slaughterborn (80)

Total: 2000/2000
>>
>>52648714
>no seekers
dropped
>>
>>52647136
Did... did someone cover these daemonettes' boobs?
'Muricans sure are a bunch of prudes.
>>
>>52648582
Shadow Realm
>>
>>52648800
How would I base that?
>>
>>52647617
>All the lore we know points towards them making a code so they would stop being pirates
>Everyone calls them pirates anyway
>>
>>52648810
Paint it black
>>
>>52648841
The Code is more what you call guidelines, than actual rules.
>>
>Want to make moonclan
>extreme lack of variety in models

What do guys. I just want gobbos, I've never liked Orks but gobbos are cool
>>
File: Anon pls.jpg (45KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
Anon pls.jpg
45KB, 814x500px
>>52648851
>>
>>52648841
Yeah, they prefer the term privateers.
>>
>>52648810
Maybe you could do dark wet ground with mist close to the ground?
>>
>>52648915
>mist close to the ground

Example or instructions please.

I tried looking on google. Is it as simple as when you do smoke?
>>
>>52645149
>>52645180
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52648790
gw apparently hates slaanesh now
>>
>>52639634
You are correct
>>
File: Diorama_Smoke.jpg (216KB, 690x518px) Image search: [Google]
Diorama_Smoke.jpg
216KB, 690x518px
>>52648942
Would something like this work?
>>
>>52649088
That looks cool. I think I'll do that.
>>
>>52642188
Gemstones for eyes. Pimp hats?
>>
>>52649059
When they were in Made to Order they covered nothing.
That is just someone's conversion.
>>
>>52649284
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Seekers-of-Slaanesh
>>
>>52648683
On the 40k side, the Jeans Stealer cult still didn't get one.
>>
>>52649326
What are you talking about, those are the new ones.

Which are by far the most underrated miniatures from GW.
>>
>>52645996
Yes they did
>>
>>52649508
>Which are by far the most underrated miniatures from GW.
>rolls a 11
>summons 10 more seekers in a 1k game

fair
and
balanced
>>
>>52649574
Again, what are you talking about?
We were talking sculpts.

Also, that's not how summon works.
Do you even play the game?

You need to pay for them even if you summon them, and you summon them at 9" from the enemy.

There is no reason whatsoever to summon such a fast unit.
>>
>>52649574
That's 240 points to summon, Anon.

That's a good chunk of points to keep aside, so yes, it's fair and balanced.
>>
>>52649666
>666
The chosen of Slaanesh speak the truth
>>
>>52647988
Wait, what? Is this just random speculation?
>>
>>52649780
Yep, it is. No confirmation anywhere.
>>
File: SCE.jpg (202KB, 891x1334px) Image search: [Google]
SCE.jpg
202KB, 891x1334px
Working on the start of my Stormcast army with this Questor. Debating on if I should keep the gold or just go all silver in different shades.
>>
>>52645977
No Dryads. Odd. Lots of damage dealt with this list though, rooting for ya.
>>
>>52650020
>rooting
>tree people
I see what you did there
>>
>>52650008
>borecast
oh i get it, you're trying to play in a tournament, right?
>>
>>52650075
Would you please just fuck off, Anon? Go play 9th age or Kings of fucking war or some other fucking game, holy shit.
>>
>>52649791
Good. I'd hate to lose potential players (2 people interested in dorfdrons) due to lack of cheap entry point.
>>
>>52650075
Actually just starting. I was told they can be one of the better Shooty armies.
>>
>>52650116
why the hostility? Borecast is literally the only sub I have a problem with.
>>
>>52650008
Stormcast look better silver than gold, imo.
>>
>>52650075
I'm surprised people don't like them. They're myth-powered romans, how is that not amazing?
>>
>>52650145
Because you do this every fucking time someone even mentions Stormcast.

Because they're the foundation of the setting, the entire thing it's built around. It's like playing 40k if you absolutely fucking hate Space Marines. What's the point? You'll just end up angry because they're fucking everywhere.
>>
>>52650075

And people wonder why aelf players are hated in this community
>>
>>52650145
It's not like LOLSKELETONS are any more interesting.
>>
>Just waiting on my SC Skellingtons to arrive
I'm kinda pumped to be working on a new Death army desu

Nagash, Arkhan, Neffy seem like really baller characters - RIP Vlad
>>
>>52650227
Start Collecting Skeleton Horde has been out forever, Anon.
>>
>>52650239
Yeah but i've only recently decided to dive into AoS - i never liked the OG Fantasy since i grew up with 40k and thought WHFB was generic as fuck
Not to mention the buy in cost post 6th ed

Royal Mail pls hurry
>>
>>52650122
SCE has enough versatility to do everything except use magic or go full cavalry, I think? I don't know too much about them, but they can definitely be crazy shooty.
>>
>>52650165
I planned keeping them mainly silver but not sure about the gold highlights like the hammer on the shoulder.
>>
File: 1489776905022.jpg (128KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1489776905022.jpg
128KB, 1024x724px
>>
>>52650264
I liked the sniper bows sounded that can shoot 30" if they don't move. Is having equal melee and ranged reasonable in AoS? I am literally just getting started here.
>>
>>52650167
for me it just doesn't feel WHFish

>>52650181
this is the first time I am posting in this general
i play space marines (Blood Angels) myself, but these are different times
The only reason I am still browsing here is because I have a small Bretonnian force (I think it would cost 1K points in the current meta) from when I started, I think AoS is a nice change
tbqhwyf these helmets and masks of borecast look garbage and they look too bulky overall

>>52650198
I recently started an Ironjawz army (my only troops besides my bretonnians).
I hate eldar players myself, so I get your point.

>>52650212
Death needs more treatment from GW, yes
>>
Aelf should get their own Alliance and Death fucks off back to Order
>>
>>52650122
They can be very shooty, especially with the newer units. I use Judicators w/ bows, use Lord Relictor's Bless Weapon prayer and Lord Celestant's +1 to Hit and on 5 and 6, generate more attacks, which means Judicator Prime with Shockbolt Bow can do 2D6 if luck is on your side.
>>
>>52650181
>Because they're the foundation of the setting, the entire thing it's built around. It's like playing 40k if you absolutely fucking hate Space Marines. What's the point? You'll just end up angry because they're fucking everywhere.

Not the same guy, but have you considered that this is pretty terrible setting design for a wargame?

Making one faction out of many not only the 'main' faction that the narrative revolves around, but really the only faction that matters in the greater scheme of things, is a pretty poor design choice. Note that literally only GW still does this. Even DZC/DFC, though telling its story from the POV of the UCM, makes it clear that the UCM aren't the only dudes that matter, and there's more important things going on than their grudgematch against the Scourge.

This whole thing is made particularly grating when the main character faction is a bunch of faceless dudes with mostly the same personality between them, and their main foes are also a bunch of guys in face-obscuring armor with roughly the same amount of character.
>>
>want to play a Chaos army
>can't settle on one god

this is how i end up a fury isn't it
>>
>>52650360
They are starting an escalation league for new players. We can either use a Get Started box or 500 points. Sadly the getting started box for Stormcast don't have ranged units I think.
>>
>>52650308
>for me it just doesn't feel WHFish

I mean...because they're not? We've got as hard a reboot as possible. Fucking lizardmen are now demons.
>>
File: blood angels.jpg (299KB, 1198x1241px) Image search: [Google]
blood angels.jpg
299KB, 1198x1241px
>>52650308
>i play space marines (Blood Angels)
>these helmets and masks of borecast look garbage and they look too bulky overall

Anon please.
>>
>>52650308

They're literally just warriors of chaos but gold. They even reincarnate like warriors
>>
>>52650431
SC! SCE comes with Prosecutors, which can shoot. Javelin Prosecutors are decent shooty, hammers are waste, but decent in melee.
>>
File: IMG_1616.jpg (26KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1616.jpg
26KB, 460x423px
>>52650308

>plays the one 40k faction that is most like stormcast aesthetically
>complains about sameface oversized clones
>based all opinions on /tg/ memes

>>/40k/
>>
>>52650492
Ah, I didn't know it gave me the options or if I was stuck with what was on the box art.
>>
>>52650615
You get everything that would be in the standard boxes.
>>
>>52647829
Don't the Empire soldiers get by with steamtanks & artillery?
>>
>>52650472
>>52650585
sanguinary guard isnt the entirety of blood angels.
it wouldve been better if the stormcasts were just brutes of a lesser armoured sub

also, the whole concept of their design kind of seems op to me.
ignoring the lore, i'd rather have order not own these golden units.
>>
>>52650666
>it wouldve been better if the stormcasts were just brutes of a lesser armoured sub

Why?

>also, the whole concept of their design kind of seems op to me.

That's the point. That's the entire point of Age of Sigmar. Over the top high fantasy insanity. If you don't like it, AoS isn't the game for you.
>>
File: 1471456320735.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471456320735.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>>52650472
if you think thats the same thing, youre a retard and you should kill yourself
>>
>>52650666

Why? You could make an entire warriors of chaos army with zero marauders and stormcast are equivalent to warriors/chosen/lords.

>they just seem OP to me

Tell that to archaon
>>
>>52650709
The helmets that he was complaining about are 90% the fucking same.
>>
>>52650655
They don't get by on anything in AoS, they don't exist.

The only reason we have 'Free People' as playable armies in AoS is so GW can keep selling old WHFB miniatures. They're not really part of the setting, they're just a background thing there to make a little money on the side and make a token attempt at placating people that want grit and realism in their fantasy.

When GW has more armies out for AoS it'll probably stop selling old Empire stuff altogether.
>>
>>52650709

yeah muscle space marine armor looks stupid, at least stormcast are proportional

>>52650744

Free people are the entire subject of the latest big AoS release in Hammerhal
>>
>>52650744
>make a token attempt at placating people that want grit and realism in their fantasy.

Tell that to Hammerhal then.
>>
>>52650700
>If you don't like it, AoS isn't the game for you.
?
order isnt the only faction in AoS

Also, aren't the Humans in somekind of distress, because they are pushed back by the evil forces of chaos?
sigmar seems too much of a deus ex machina
>>
>>52650770

Go read the books
>>
>>52650770
No, humans are fighting back against the dominion of Chaos. It's the opposite of what you're saying. The good guys are winning again after Chaos beat them earlier.
>>
>>52650770
>order isnt the only faction in AoS

Every faction is going full over the top, Anon. I mean lets look at the Ironjawz. The biggest, toughest bastards around.

That's them. Bigger, tougher and stronger than any other Orruk ever. Orcs taken to extremes. And you can bet the releases will get more OTT as time goes on.

Archaon's boys are even crazier, with ridiculous amounts of detail and that stupid-huge dragon horse thing of his.

The only ones who aren't over the top modelwise are the ones with legacy armies, and even then, their fluff tends to be extremely over the top. Like the FEC who think they're holy knights and have titles like Lord fucking Liverbelch.
>>
>>52640477
City of Secrets totally brought me around on this. was a great way to see from ground up
>>
>>52643080
It isn't centre stage because they want to point out what makes their setting different, much in the same way warmahordes always pushes up beasts/jacks/casters et al and often excludes rank and file goons. because to them, they hold down the aesthetic they are pushing. Not unlike what sigmar has been doing for a year or so
>>
File: 1485811806409.jpg (89KB, 357x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485811806409.jpg
89KB, 357x768px
>>52650272
>>
>>52650899

Frankly even free people's are going more extreme as stuff that was rare or special in the Empire list now make up the bulk of the free guilds fighting power in the fluff.

Stuff like demigryph Knights being the standard melee cavalry or hurricanums and rockets being common artillery.
>>
>>52651036

All bets are off now. Chaos won, there are no gates keeping it at bay and subduing its influence. The realms of chaos blurr freely into realspace.

Everyone is scaled up dramatically in power and importance because the threat is infinitely larger than it ever was in Fantasy.

>inb4 'but muh dirt farmers fighting chaos legions and winning was muh masturbation fantasy

Fags who say shit like this probably never even played Fantasy, much less Empire.
>>
>>52651197
Fags who say that shit are role play faggots who insist on playing rat catchers because "muh common man" and never actually played the game or read too far into the fluff

Also, I really hope we get some new free guild shit to make them more like fantasy imperial guard since that's what they are in the fluff. Or at least some sort of "normal" human army, like the Azyr guard or Lantic remnants or something. I love The thought of massive armies of Normal human soldiers with tons of magic artillery and vehicles and experimental shit going up against the elite armies of the setting and drowning them in sheer numbers and dakka.
>>
>>52650762
>>52650762
>Free people are the entire subject of the latest big AoS release in Hammerhal

Ah, yes, Hammerhal. The setting of a game where our main heroes are a Stormcast, a pair of elves, and a steampunk dwarf.

Yes this is truly a game about the humans of Hammerhal.
>>
>>52650797
you really hate people don't you?
>>
File: IMG_1858.png (107KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1858.png
107KB, 1136x640px
Neat, I got a reply from GW on the use of the Night Goblin Big Boss from Battle for Skull Pass and whether it can use Skarsnik rules or not since it has a squig on it
>>
>>52651197
>Fags who say shit like this probably never even played Fantasy, much less Empire.
Who's talking about the Empire? "Dirt farmers who consistently tear Chaos a new one" clearly refers to Kislev.
>>
File: IMG_1857.jpg (38KB, 312x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1857.jpg
38KB, 312x534px
>>52651556
And the model in question
>>
>>52651342
Our main heroes are whatever special character models you happen to own.
>>
>>52651423
Even the battletomes will tell you a the timeline of events since WHFB End Times. You would know that this

>Also, aren't the Humans in somekind of distress, because they are pushed back by the evil forces of chaos?

Is wrong.
>>
>>52651582
If I pull that squig off will he die?
>>
I like night goblins but the idea of painting literally hundreds of them is a little bit off putting, is there any way to make them work with a smaller model count?
>>
>>52651289

I want regular humans to get a new army and stuff, but those wanting it to be Empire 2.0 are just out of their minds. AoS is more like 40k in terms of scale of conflict, overwrought superweapons and magic being used.

Them being Fantasy Imperial Guard would fit really well. 40k fans make fun of the Guard, but they are extremely well equipped given their usual circumstances.
>>
File: sandman shrugs.png (29KB, 312x227px) Image search: [Google]
sandman shrugs.png
29KB, 312x227px
Nuln Oil or Agrax on Usbanti bone?
Going for a Gothic/Shyish tint
>>
>>52652424
for more of a grey color Nulin Oil
>>
File: 1489552991321.jpg (386KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1489552991321.jpg
386KB, 800x799px
>>52647457
>>
Any ideas for cheap-ish skellies? I'm pondering starting bone zone but I don't want to buy tons of the fuckers at GW prices, even factoring online discounts. I'll probably get a couple boxes though, and use the extra bits to help them match better. But are there good low-cost skeletons that are the same scale as GWs?
>>
>>52651960
According to the season of war fluff, they use something called realmstone which seems like a much safer form of warp stone. They used it to build massed batteries of cannons and luminarks and other magical artillery. I'm hoping they expand in this and give them new shit too, since right now they're just refluffing old empire and dwarf machines to be more up to par with the setting. Instead of 8 steam tanks spread hroughout an entire empire, we probably have battles where hundreds of them rumble forth in massive imperial guard style tank charges. I'd like to see something like luminarks but for the other winds of magic, or updated steam tanks and magical cannons
>>
File: IMG_0950.jpg (166KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
166KB, 960x960px
>>52652567
Forgot picture. Fantasy imperial guard totally fits what is going on here
>>
>>52652460
Just tested it on a spare mini i had laying around, it does look pretty muted, and next to some red/purple inted zombies it'll look good

Thanks
>>
>>52649780
>>52649791
While random speculation, dont the Start Collecting kits generally get released a few months down the line? I don't recall any coming out with a new release
>>
>>52651582

Love that miniature! One of my favourites from GW.
>>
>>52652767
I agree, it's fantastic and the night goblins have aged fantasticly
>>
Would i be called lazy if i just painted my Nighthaunt units as they're portrayed in TW?
>White base > Oxide the whole model, Greenshade the whole model > edge with Wych flesh?
>>
>>52652918
nope
>>
>>52652592

>The Realm Guard died standing against the heretic while they decimated the enemy with superior firepower.

That is so very, very IG.
>>
>>52650360
Re-read the Lord Celestant's Cmd. Ability, anon...
>>
File: 911.jpg (103KB, 688x740px) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
103KB, 688x740px
>>52652952
cool
>>
As a noobie that's about to buy their first SC box, i'm utterly torn between Seraphon, Slaves to Darkness, or Ironjaws.

which is shit and which is not? I've never played AoS
>>
What's your playstyle?
>>
>>52653282

Can't speak to the other two, but if you want as direct, sledgehammer, brute force play as possible, ironjawz.
>>
>>52647136
>>52649284
Why the fuck would you buy MTO demonettes and then just cover them up? Just buy the fucking new ugly ones at that point, jesus.

It's like watching someone buy the Mona Lisa just to smear their feces all over it.
>>
How should I base my lizardfriends? I tried the Lustrian Undergrowth texture paint but wasn't that impressed, are the Citadel grass or the tufts any good? What about the other texture paints?
>>
>>52653410
You can just google and ask the lizardmen forum for tips

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/lizardmen-basing-advice.8919/
>>
>>52644816
Okay make something better that still follows Khorne's theme and isn't just some shit minor buff like the generic Chaos 'durrr roll a 6 and you get 1+ to hit' garbage

I'll wait, because you won't do better than a list of 8 abilitys you can pick and chose from provided the tithe is met.

if it wasn't a blood tithe you cunts would just complain 'where muh blood tithe at gw??? Daemonkin got it so right!!!!!1'
>>
>>52650020
Ty! Normally i use dryads and combo them with sisters of thorn for maximum hilarity against non mortal wound spam lists. I'll later report here how this list fares in the tournament!
>>
>>52652786
speaking of night goblin, i'm doing a two player team tournament with a friend, what can gobs do that mortal khorne can't ?
outside of magic of course
we tried to pit my army against a 40 blob of gobs, and it was fairly strong (against reavers though)
so more gobs ? archers ?
>>
>>52653700
spam archer and collosaal squigs/mangler squigs/fanatics/magic.

Khorne takes care of the rest
>>
>>52653700
forgot the list :
player 1 :

Allegiance: Destruction

Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
Grot Warboss (80)
- Moon Cutta & Git Shield
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
60 x Moonclan Grots (360)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
2 x Grot Fanatics (60)
10 x Cave Squigs (120)
4 x Grot Squig Herders (40)

Total: 800/800

player 2 :

Allegiance: khorne mortals

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Javelin & Shield
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Bloodglaives
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (160)
- Bloodglaives

Total: 800/800
>>
>>52641284
>You're just a guardsman or a penal legionnaire.
Starcraft marines ware what Rogue Trader Space Marines were. Pretty much unchanged.
>>
>>52642463
>Space marines get it from genetic engineering and rigorous training. Stormcasts get it because they've ascended to demigodhood.
Which is exactly how Space Marines are viewed.
I mean several instances actually uses mythological parallels like that.
The warriors of Fenris die, before they are carried off the battle field by celestial being and eventually come back as Space Marines.

If you really believe the fluff is 'entirely different' you didn't read much of it apparently.
>>
File: sweet-sour chicken.jpg (64KB, 1092x316px) Image search: [Google]
sweet-sour chicken.jpg
64KB, 1092x316px
>>52644769
what is mr. ching-chong all-year-round made-to-order service?
>>
File: untitled_by_cronos_stef-d5vxt0o.jpg (251KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_by_cronos_stef-d5vxt0o.jpg
251KB, 1024x765px
>>52653782
KUZUHOSHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIpNYMGS_D0
>>
>>52652514

Skeleton horde from Mantic undead.
>>
>>52645758
ordered war machines from china before.

They come out like shit.
>>
File: skittles 04.jpg (1MB, 1564x1173px) Image search: [Google]
skittles 04.jpg
1MB, 1564x1173px
My FLGS decided to run AoS league in 750 and 1500 pkt format so newbies could jump in faster.

My problem is a fact that I've planned my models to play exactly 1k pkt list and now I have to fix myself something else.
My hiring pool is: 2x 10xTzaangors, 3xTzaangor Skyfires, 3xTzaangors Enlighted, Tzaangor Shaman, Ogroid Thaumatruge and Gaunt Summoner.
For 750 pkt it's 1-2 heroes and 1+ battleline and 0-1 monster,

My first idea was to grab two units of 10 Tzaangors, Shaman, Gaunt and Skyfires which put me at 740/750. Can I fit a better squad? (It will be my first league ever in AoS and I have no clue how to play them).
>>
Fuck, I am sick of waiting for new Death stuff.
>>
>>52654291
I'm not even a Death player (yet) and I'd like to see them shown some love. With all this war/killing/slaughter going on, you'd think that maybe-just maybe!-Death would get new units.
>>
>>52654291
recent spoilers on warhammer community clearly indicates spooky skellington pirates on ghost ships
>>
Rate my Flesh-Eater Court Hero
>>
>>52654389
Elaborate
>>
>>52652514
Here's a pic of mantic skellies with GW heads from skeletons and graveguard.
Not sure how many extra you get from the graveguard, but I think the skellies have a whopping 10 extra heads.
So for every 10 GW skeletons you can pretty up 10 mantic ones.
>>
What could I add to the LotR Balrog to make it look more like a Bloodthirster?
>>
>>52654389
>April 5th - shell, almost 100% part of hull of the ship that spent ages underwater, or improvised shield of skellington
>March 29th - Goddamn bone anchor, keepin that spooky ghost ship at bay.
>March 22nd - Small dragon on arm, almost 100% Dark Elf crap, that shows that 2 next spoilers are not realted to them, because nonthing on that images is nautical themed.
>>
>>52654393
sofarjustanidea/10

building him to scale would be very impractical though. Going for a more centaur sized creature would work pretty good though.
>>
>>52654512
Meant to reply to
>>52654442
>>
>>52654475
swap the whip for an axe and add some pieces of armor.
Steal ideas for that from the GW and FW models.
Important: Don't cover his ass.
Bloodthirsters canonically have buns of steel.
>>
File: 20170411_165805.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_165805.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
More progress

Should be able to finish them tonight
>>
>>52653855
>>52653976
>>
I know there really isn't much lore on vampires in AoS yet, but at least in WHFB, did vampires reproduce the standard way, or only through infecting others?
>>
>>52654908

Vampires in WHFB are literally filled with dust and have no internal organs per Gotrek and Felix so yeah the only way they make more is the ol' bitey
>>
>>52654393
nah/10, there's no reason why he would be a FEC hero. Clearly he's a chaos spawn.
>>
>>52654993
So, were vampire characters only married because they were married in life? Or did they still wed for political alliances?
>>
This is my wip 2k list, looking for a lil feedback.
Liche priest - 120
Necromancer - 120
20 skeletons - 160
40 skeletons - 320
40 skeletons - 320
Wight king - 120
5 blood knights - 260
30 skeleton archers - 300
3 vargheists - 160
1880/2000
If I remove 10 skelly archers, I can fit in 3 chariots and a banshee or wraith. Does it sound good in any way? Any other suggestions? I'm sure I have some hexwraith parts stuffed away somewhere at least.
>>
What do you guys think about gw adding more rules for matched play in the ghb 2.0 and subsequent editions? Me and my group play both aos and 40k with some guys coming over from wfb and while we all really enjoy aos we have come to miss the granularity that other games can offer.

Having said that, I'm all for sigmar being simple and easy to get into. It got me into the hobby, and it's gotten a lot of people at my lgs into the hobby who had been apprehensive before. But I think if he is going to keep pushing the three ways to play thing, they could afford to flesh out matched play even more. Making it "harder" for those who want to participate. It doesn't need rules for the sake of rules, but things like miscasts or perils to make the magic phase more impactful or other granular additions could really benefit the game

I think that the three ways to play should be Open, Standard, and Matched. Open play remains the same as it is now, standard play simply requires points and adds a few rules to ensure a more even field for everyone (such as summoning restrictions or rules of 1). Matched play would have the more granular ruleset with different impactful rules but would be marketed as a completely optional way to play, just like the other 2. This way new players could still get into a relatively simple game and progress at any pace they choose as they become more engrossed in the hobby.

Sound like a reasonable idea?
>>
>>52653782
I swear by prodder and squig for my boss. That projectile attack just too dank
>>
migrate to this thread:

>>52639133
>>52639133
>>52639133
>>
>>52645996

>dwarves never used swords in Tolkien

Thorin used Orcrist, an elven sword, you DENSE mother fucker.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.