[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 44

File: Zbirny.jpg (468KB, 1469x958px) Image search: [Google]
Zbirny.jpg
468KB, 1469x958px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Starter-Spells.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v8
https://mega.nz/#F!a0x0yDxT!vrjaWifa6I5_gwN0UfxhFA

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
>>52555918
>>
Do rangers make 2 whirlwind attacks per turn with the "extra attack" feature?
>>
reposting because the new thread just happened:
I want to make Kenku slightly better for my next game. Which of these options sounds best?

>Climb Speed
>Limited Flight (x rounds/rest)
>Limited Flight (fall at end of turn)
>Some kind of gliding ability (are there established rules for this?)
>>
>>52560796
No
>>
>>52560826
>make Kenku slightly better

Include elements of forgery and mimicry-related solutions?
>>
What makes for a good monster statblock? What do you look for in one? And would you go about creating one?
>>
>>52560859
>implying i'm competent enough for that

That said, extra mobility seems like it'd compliment an espionage-loving birdman quite well.
>>
File: 1491192339632.jpg (98KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1491192339632.jpg
98KB, 564x564px
>>52560838
If i recall correctly Jeremy ruled that taking the whirlwind action was different than a standard attack action.

Do yeah, i believe it's either 1 whirlwind attack or your normal 2attacks from using the attack action
>>
File: kenku_by_eoghankerrigan-dat2otf.jpg (214KB, 900x1354px) Image search: [Google]
kenku_by_eoghankerrigan-dat2otf.jpg
214KB, 900x1354px
>>52560826
>Limited Flight (fall at end of turn)

This is the best one. That being said, kenku are autistic little birdmen. They shouldn't be very good.
>>
>>52560894
This.

>>52560796
Extra Attack is activated when you use /the/ Attack action. Whirlwind is an action that involves making an attack roll.
>>
How bad an idea is a Gnome Eldritch Knight?
>>
>>52560993
>gnome
Very bad idea. EK is all right, though.
>>
File: necromage_by_artofty-d6aklb9.jpg (135KB, 1208x661px) Image search: [Google]
necromage_by_artofty-d6aklb9.jpg
135KB, 1208x661px
Playing a warlock in an upcoming game. I was planning on going fiend patron for survivability and social control and pact of tome for utility and shillelagh, then taking hex via magic initiate so it becomes a once a day power that I don't have to worry about rationing slots for.

What are some other ways to optimize the fun potential of a warlock?
>>
>>52560993
It works. You don't really need the +2 int, but you can run off of dexterity using either hand crossbows or rapier+shield.
>>
>>52561014
I wanted to play a small race as a melee Fighter, was either this or a Halfling Knight.

>>52561046
I was planning for Rapier+Shield and maybe taking Spear Mastery latter on.
>>
>>52561043
i dunno just play what you like
though i found the chain familiar to be super useful
>>
>>52560924
How about:
>Clipped Wings: Kenku have a flying speed of 15 (or 20?) feet. However, they're not able to actually stay aloft for long. If you're flying and not supported by a solid surface at the end of your turn, you fall.

They go from "totally flightless" to "chicken".
>>
>>52561076
Be a gnome barbarian, catch phrase is "no kneecap is safe"
>>
>>52560826
>Have their wings ripped off by their master to stop them flying
>give them flight
>>
>>52561076
Well, rapier+shield gameplay is really just stacking on a load of AC and using spells like shield for more AC.

Barbarogue or rogue might be less like that.
>>
>>52560826
My question is why?
>>
What races have you omitted from your games?
>>
>>52561095
>>52561141
I considered Barbarian but it's honestly a pretty hefty toll on my effectiveness unless I go Bearbarian because my Strength would be so low.

I'd rather not go Rogue but be someone who can fight on the frontlines. Paladin or Ranger might work.
>>
Reposting for new thread

>>52558777
From what I read in a 4E book about the underdark, I think they can go about a month without eating, but prefer to do it at least weekly, daily if there are sufficient slaves.

You rationalize it staying alive because now that it's separate from the Elder Brain it's an individual, and is beginning to show party-favorable traits; it doesn't hate the Elder Brain, but it knows that it's going to be eaten, and kind of enjoys not being eaten so far, so it tells the party it can use its area of expertise (armor creation, study, healing, etc.) that was assigned by its colony to help the players if they keep it out of the hands of the drow and the Elder Brain. And now they have to find a way to feed it.

In that same 4E book, there was a type of plant that gave Illithid the same nutrition as brains, but the secret was lost when their empire fell. Maybe give the players a quest to find that to keep their new "friend" alive morally?
>>
>>52561145
I just want them to have something outside of the very narrow skillset they get innately. Other races get more useful/varied traits, and mobility would compliment their existing skills while still being useful everywhere.

>>52561117
Fluff is a bit different, the missing voice thing is the more important component. Missing wings was just their masters being pissed about being vanquished.
>>
>>52561088
That's a good compromise.
>>
>>52560826
I really don't think they need a buff. Not all races are made equal and it's one with weird roleplaying requirements so if it's too good a lot of players who are bad at roleplay would pick it anyway.

Personally I'm playing a Kenku Shadow Monk and loving it.
>>
I know this is probably really obvious, but, what are the rules on a Gnome using a quarterstaff.

I can't figure out if A) they can only use it by two handing and B) if they'd have any kind of disadvantage due to the size because all the sources I check refuse to list the size and all just tell me it's versatile which sadly is not really what I'm trying to figure out
>>
>>52561383
If it's not heavy, it's fine.
>>
>>52561395
thank you anon, somebody asked me this question and it was driving me NUTS not to be able to answer it
>>
>>52561438
just as a follow up weapon sizes don't really exist this edition
>>
How do you describe actions and attacks in combat? It was easy at lower levels but now that everyone has more health and can take a lot more hits I find it harder to describe these more comparatively minor blows.
>>
DEATH IS PRETTY
>>
>>52561488
only describe killing blows
>>
>>52561488
Why not just make their enemies more powerful? or increase the damage they deal.
>>
>>52560826
If you do any but the first, don't call them Kenku anymore. Call them Crowfolk or Dark Aarakocra but do not call them Kenku.

>>52561488
HP isn't meat points, its your ability to avoid physically harmful blows. You didn't really think this game was intentionally designed so that you get all cut up and lose a few fingers and then sleep for the night and you're all better, did you?
>>
As a half-orc BM fighter, any reason to take the feats and shit to dual wield longswords? Is it any better than just wielding a gigantic greatsword?
>>
I want fog of war on roll20, but BLACK.

There anyway to do that? Dynamic lighting looks like a pain in the ass
>>
>>52561615
You need dynamic lighting. Then you can set player's view distances and after a certain distance their sight will fade into pitch black FoW
>>
>>52561181
Barbarian is perfectly fine focused on dexterity, though now that I think about it it's kind of an AC stacking farce too.

You don't truly need a front-liner, really, but if you do you probably want a sentinel sort of faggot.
>>
>>52561615
roll20 fog of war is already black.?

>>52561610
If you (you need all of these): Like extra AC, like making extra attacks, will not be playing past 10th level, would rather have the consistency of multiple strikes than one or two really strong but powerful strikes, are okay with being suboptimal compared to other fighting styles with their corresponding feats, already have the fighting style and think it sounds like fun, you should try out dual wielding!
>>
>>52561693
To get the bonus damage from rage you need to "make a melee attack using Strength."
>>
>>52561146
Tieflings and dragonborn, in exchange for including locathah and all the Volo's races. I've only recently added dragonborn because I found a good angle for them - vikings
>>
>>52561758
>If you (you need all of these): Like extra AC, like making extra attacks, will not be playing past 10th level, would rather have the consistency of multiple strikes than one or two really strong but powerful strikes, are okay with being suboptimal compared to other fighting styles with their corresponding feats, already have the fighting style and think it sounds like fun, you should try out dual wielding!
GS it is!
>>
>>52561868
>recently added dragonborn because I found a good angle for them - vikings
Neato.
>>
What boons can an imp familiar grant a warlock that an owl familiar cannot?
>>
>>52561868
I like dragonborn as a substitute for earth cultures.
In my game they're basically egyptians.
>>
Are there any additional Metamagic options from UA? Or any good homebrews?
>>
Is Magic Initiate Warlock for Hex the best option for a Human Warlocks free feat? It seems that an hour long Hex each day would free up a Spellslot.
>>
>>52561934
What do you mean "boons"?

They can attack, go invisible, etc.
>>
>>52562047
Magic initiate for a casterlock and warcaster for a meleelock
>>
>>52562057
What's this "help action" I've been hearing about and can the normal familiars do it?
>>
Does there exist a comprehensive list of classes and archetypes from all WotC published material? As in, including things like the Oathbreaker Paladin, Martial Ranger, and the other Unearthed Arcana stuff
>>
>>52561842
To get the bonus AC above medium armour from unarmoured defence you need to "get fucking dexterity"
>>
>>52562095
Help gives another character advantage to do a thing.

All familiars can do it.
>>
Does a bard need to be trained in an instrument to use it for a focus? Why are there no harp in the PHB?
>>
So is Roll20 done autistically taking down the troves?
>>
>>52562082
I was actually planning to play a Feylock with the Super Bow invocation. I wanted to have some extra use out of my spellslots at lower levels.

>>52562100
Considering the always Advantage is a pretty huge Attack bonus I think people over value Strength on a Barbarian who isn't using GWM. If you want to Dual-Wield I'd personally never put Strength above 18 because +1 to hit isn't worth it over a feat or +1 AC and Initiative.

Playing a DEX Barbarian with a 14 in Strength can still have an effective +8 to hit at level 2 and then just put it up to 16 at level 4 and leave it there.
>>
I rolled a half-orc fighter with 17 str and my DM said I could use str instead of cha for my intimidation rolls. Seems like a cool idea and I'm not complaining, but is this some variant rule in a book or something?
>>
>>52562146
If you're a dex barbarogue and you want sneak attack, you can still use reckless attack. You'll get rage damage and advantage which negates the smaller to-hit and smallerdamage, and you can then sneak attack when you usually could not.
Of course, enemies then have advantage to attack you when you're supposed to be some dexterity barbarogue tank guy, so eh.

If you're a strength barbarian, why wouldn't you have GWM other than the fact you haven't had a chance to get the feat yet or you took PAM or sentinel and will get GWM next? It's too good not to get, especially considering you have reckless attack.

There's also strength barbarogues which are great for grappling.
>>
File: skills.jpg (150KB, 635x642px) Image search: [Google]
skills.jpg
150KB, 635x642px
>>52562174
Just depends on the situation
>>
>>52562174
It's a variant rule you can use attributes with different stats, but 'strength instead of charisma for intimidation' is a naive idea.

It implies that you can use your strength - a thing viewed very subjectively by different people - in place of an objective measure of your ability to manipulate people, and demolishes the point of having other stats.

Seriously, you should have negative strength added to your intimidation against wizards by this logic because a high powered wizard would fear only other wizards more than your muscle man because the muscle man is just going to get forcecaged and have no way out, whereas a wizard might counterspell him or something.

Strength and how muscley you are should affect the intimidation check's DC instead. Your DM is unknowingly a massive faggot.
>>
>>52560738
what is this art style called?
>>
>>52562215
oh good
>>
Since kenku have been brought up this thread:

>Army employs kenku to smith parts for weapons/armor
>Interchangeable, standardized parts rapidly produced
>Massive boost to logistical ability, item quality, cost reductions across the board
>Still cheaper than paying those faggot wizards for a forging golem or ten
>>
Has yawning portal been scanned yet? I already have a physical copy on the way from Amazon but I just want to read it before it arrives if I can
>>
>>52562286
Yes
>>
>>52562286
Scanned well before release, look at the fucking trove.
>>
Why would a warlock ever choose any pact besides Tome? Can't shillelagh and find familiar make the other two pacts obsolete?
>>
>>52562208
Personally I'm a fan of Dual Wielding Barbarians so I'm biased but I've played a Wood Elf with 2 Rapiers up to level 13 and here's my experience. Keeping in mind my DM give a free feat at level 1 so I have Dual Wielder.

I started with 14, 16, 14, 8, 12, 10. At level 4 I put my ASI in +2 STR, level 8 +2 CON and my last one was another +2 CON

I rage often and use Strength for all attack rolls unless I'm low on Health or fighting a large group of enemies. I rarely miss. Compared to everyone else I hit more often because +9 to hit with magic weapons and permanently having Advantage is just so fucking good. I do an average of about 34.5 damage a round plus my Zealot Aura does 9.5ish damage to everyone around me.

I've got an AC of 18 and resistance to most physical damage plus a fuck huge HP with a d12 Hitdie and +4 CON.

I personally feel like one of the highest damage dealers in the group and when I'm needed to be tanky I can be. It's pretty good.
>>
What's your favorite cantrip or spell from the new UA?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12670701
>>
>>52562320
Ah, I was looking the rulebooks section rather than the adventures section. Yahtzee.
>>
What's the current rules for creating spell scrolls?
>>
>>52562353
Hexblade blows even EBlocks out the fucking water for average damage but gives up a lot of invocations and basically has even less variety in it's spell casting.

Chain really should have an Invocation to get their familiar's magic resistance because they're pretty weak compared to Tomelocks.
>>
>>52562353
Flavor.

Plus, Shillelagh and Find Familiar come close, but they're still inferior to the other pacts.
>>
File: 1346.jpg (235KB, 850x1243px) Image search: [Google]
1346.jpg
235KB, 850x1243px
>>52562253
I iunno, but the artist is Jakub Rebelka.
>>
>>52562353
I can't think of a reason why you'd chose Warlock without Tome for 1 reason: cantrips.

You need a DM favorable to providing a couple short rests in between long rests to make Warlocks viable opposed to Wizards - and the extra 3 cantrips, plus Book of Ancient secrets expands your spell pool enough to give such utility with ritual casting.
>>
>>52562353
Blade pact was already trash.

Find familiar from pact of the tome requires an invocation (albeit a good one if you don't have a wizard) and gives you a familiar that can go invisible and detect alignments or do something else, which is notably good enough over a normal familiar.

Still, pact of the tome is probably the most generally useful.

Also UA content made pact of the blade better, even if it still sucks as a concept being 'Throw away all your cool features to be some sort of not-paladin'.

>>52562368
Well, compared to focusing entirely on dexterity and con, it's actually a pretty good idea not to focus entirely on being tanky, because a dex barbarogue is basically 'How tanky can I be' without any 'How functional can I be'. Sure, they do plenty fine damage, 1d8+DEX, 1d8+DEX + Xd6 (sneak attack) but it's nothing astounding considering they're a barbarian.

If you're using two rapiers as a barbarian, your damage really isn't improving much after level 5, which is why barbaroguing is a thing to continue getting damage after level 5.

Otherwise, polearm or GWM barbarians easily do the best.
They have such a high hit chance that it makes GWM good, they can benefit from the bonus action attack and then PAM gives them even more attacks to use GWM on. Then sentinel helps them do their job of protecting their teammates.
>>
>>52561088
isn't the inability to flight one of kenku's key aspects?
>>
File: 1456812344623.png (55KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1456812344623.png
55KB, 1127x685px
>Ambush PCs
>4 out of 5 attempt to hide instead of readying for combat (This was my fault for not being clear about the threat)
>Realise this deadly encounter is a little too deadly as there's no healer in the group
>Decide that I will have the mobs surround the party so that each player can have their own isolated combat of sorts
>One player voices his discontent that I could have but didn't bumrush him with all the worgs and kill his character
why can't i satisfy everyone
>>
I made a fighter in my livegame, and put my wizard on haitus, and I'm shocked how much fun I'm having. Martials are really fun in this edition. He wades into combat without fear and has some great RP options. I always hated martials but I might play this character from now on.
>>
>>52562610
i personally get seriously upset when i do something stupid and there's no consequences. half of my characters become suicidal at some point and most dms won't let you die unless they want it. i mean, what's the point then?
we do something stupid or nothing at all and the plot still progresses just as if we've saved everyone.
>>
You guys decide what scenario i run this saturday night. Won't have most of my players so i wanna run something a bit wild or different. I'd honestly like to TPK since I've never done it before.

I was going for Tomb of Horror but it wont be the same if the players aren't attached to their characters, n'est-ce pas?
>>
>>52561954
Not that I know. They did a good job covering the bases and the only one from 3.5 that I think would be anywhere near worth bringing back would be Widen Spell.
>>
Maybe sorcs could get a Limited Wish, which is a level 7 spell that lets them cast any 6th level or lower spell. But not wizards. Just as a way to help sorcs. Then again most characters wont reach a high enough level to cast it.
>>
>>52562724
Do you have something against being a sorclock? Its a synergy made in Heaven.
>>
>>52562651
No fuck you, run a homebrew setting. The books are fine, but homebrewed shit is almost always better, barring the best of books.

How about a one-shot where the PCs are holding out in a sieged castle, a day before reinforcements arrive, and they have one night to prepare before a demon army attempts one last suicide rush into the castle. Have characters that interact with each other, start the players as a decently high level, and make it likely that they will be overwhelmed, as most of their good supplies have been used in the previous months.
>>
>>52562638
I have this in one campaign I'm in, I'm finding the DM keeps giving easy outs to someone when they've clearly fucked up, choosing things they know might get their character killed.

Yet, they were also happy to just cheap shot kill another character in something that might as well be 'rocks fall, you die', so I don't get it.
>>
>>52562736
no
>>
>>52562784
So yeah, I'd say go sorclock. They're much, much better than regular warlocks and I have yet to see anyone experience dissatisfaction with UNLIMITED SPELL SLOTS. That's what sorcerers should be like anyway.
>>
So making a punishment warlock that has armor of agathys, hellish rebuke, and fire shield and casts blade ward every round...

Yeah or neigh?
>>
What's the /5eg/ default advice for players who want a gish pc?

Arcane Knight?
Bladelock?

>in b4 Paladin or Mystic
>>
Stretch your Roleplaying experience with the Lizardfolk! No emotions allowed!
>>
>>52562821
Cleric or Valor Bard
>>
>>52562736
Not him but it's a cheesy as fuck multiclass. I personally don't allow multiclassing unless a player can give me a good reason other then power.

I personally just let Sorcerers use the spell point variant, give them all metamagic and and extra spell known every even level. There's really not much wrong with them other then the fact they're "Shitty Wizards" and the Spellpoints give them more choice with their Metamagic and more spells known removes their other massive fault.
>>
>>52562805
Warlock2/Abjurationwizard the rest.
I believe taking damage to abjuration wizard's ward doesn't damage armor of agathy's temporary HP yet still triggers the return damage. Also, wizard can cast armor of agathys at levels above level 5 eventually.

That said, it is a good use of blade ward.

Hellish rebuke and armor of agathys are both low level warlock spells, so you only really need a dip.
>>
>>52562821
Arcana Cleric with Magic Initiate for Shillelagh, Valor/Swords Bard and Stone Sorcerer.
>>
>>52562821
Paladinsorcerer, paladin, palock, valor bard, AT rogue or some sort of artificer thing. Or UA bladelock.
>>
>>52562833

HUNGRY is an emotion anon
>>
>>52562846
>I personally don't allow multiclassing unless a player can give me a good reason other than power

Now that's some bullshit.
>>
>>52562846
>Reason other than power
Multiclassing isn't generally for 'more power'. It sacrifices something to gain another thing.

As long as it's not bullshit like taking a level dip of cleric.

I don't think paladin-sorcerer is cheesy. Is it better than sorcerer? Maybe, possibly, but sorcerer kinda sucks anyway unless you multiclass with it.

Of course, make sure your player can justify it as a character.
>>
>>52562895
Are you the type of player who only sees their character as a malleable doll you can equip builds onto without care for what they would do realistically?
>>
>>52562846
I doubt you even run a group with more than 3 people, captain wrongbadfun.
>>
>>52562821
Bladesinger
>>
>>52562931
swords don't have ears stupid why would you waste time singing to one
>>
>>52562920
Are you the type of stupid person who think PC class is their profession or occupation (despite many book said it isn't?)

Class is just a collection of abilities. It's the way 5e work and why they don't have to bloat their classes for every little flavor like a certain neighbor d20 game.
>>
>>52562833
I played a Lizardfolk Cleric but he was raised in an orphanage and had more emotianal range then most Lizardfolk. The party liked having him around because he was always the rational one and could actually talk their way out of trouble

>>52562895
I imagine you think Nuclear Druid shouldn't be fixed and so I'm not even going to bother having this discussion.

>>52562915
If a player comes to my table and asks if he can play a Sorcerer Warlock I'll say sure, then ask why he's a Sorcerer Warlock. If he says Quickened EB I'll say no.

Of a player comes with one and gives me a proper backstory on why he's combining the two then I'll let it fly. I have no problem letting cheesy multiclass and races in but only if it's an actual character.

>>52562927
4 people. If doing the most damage is what interests you then another DM would most likely let you have more fun.
>>
>>52562943
It's a magical world. Some sword can hear you can even sing along with you.
>>
>>52562943
It's a magical sword.
>>
File: magicalsword.png (34KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
magicalsword.png
34KB, 275x200px
>>52562984
>>52562987
t-thanks for the back up anons
>>
>>52562974

I avoid sorclocks by getting rid of sorcerors altogether. None of this in you blood bullshit. You either have to study hard while upperclassmen wizard haze you or you have to sell your soul to a fiend/fae/GOO
>>
File: sorclock.jpg (38KB, 642x358px) Image search: [Google]
sorclock.jpg
38KB, 642x358px
This is a Sorlock
>>
>>52563015
draconic bloodline sorcerer makes thematic sense though, especially with dragonborn.
>>
>>52563026
she's a dragon sorc!
>>
>>52562821
some combination of warlock and paladin probably gets the most modifiers stacked on top of their melee hits.

aura of death + life drinker + hexblade curse + ultimate pact weapon + elemental weapon, get a polearm for PAM and the attack as a bonus action and hit every round for 2d10+1d4+3(2CHA+STR+PROF+3d4+6) without even smiting.
>>
>>52563035

>Dragonborn

Yeah no

Honestly thematically I don't mind Sorcerers it's just that hardly anyone is willing to single class sorcerer it's always seems to be a part of some awful MC abomination of a character instead of having a desire to play a character that is about unlocking their inborn potential
>>
>>52563052
Ragna Blade is literally calling for the power of GoO.
>>
>>52562846
I agree, but cheesiness and power level are definitely relative to the group.

Overpoweredness is only a drawback inasmuch as it steps on someone's toes.
>>
Could I salvage champion by going half-orc and crit fishing with 5 attacks (TWF) and advantage? Or is it still Not That Greatâ„¢?
>>
>>52563015
>>52563078
I can get that. Personally I don't allow Bards in my personal Setting because they just don't fit in the lore anywhere.

I like the fluff on Sorcerer's but recognise that not all classes are made equal. I see very little reason to bitch that the character I want to play is a bit weaker when Monks and Rangers get shafted a fair bit more.
>>
File: HalfOrc01.png (474KB, 464x606px) Image search: [Google]
HalfOrc01.png
474KB, 464x606px
>>52563111
i did that w/ a greataxe and the char ruled
>>
>>52563120
Monks really aren't shafted at all.
Rangers aren't shafted when they're hunters.
>>
what is the best armor for looks?
>>
File: Weapon Arts.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Arts.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
How would it affect fighters if I gave them a class feature that acts like the weapon arts from Dark Souls? The idea is that the fighter can use specific actions with certain weapons with certain one's being universal such as striking with the butt of the sword to stun for a round to something specifc like using the Murder Stroke stance with long swords and smashing people's feet with a hammer to reduce their movement speed and impose disadvantage on athletic checks.
>>
>>52563154
And Sorcerer's can still cast most of the best spells a Wizard can just as often. The game isn't as unbalanced as people say.
>>
>>52563167
full plate of course
>>
>>52563167
Glamoured Studded Leather, obviously.
>>
>>52563120

I generally dislike removing classes based upon DM fiat but yes some often don't work thematically in some settings.

Others are hampered by awful mechanics (pre-UA rangers) and others just seem poorly designed for a game that specifically seeks to avoid the need to pull out MC power combos.

Sorcerer and Warlock are two classes that almost always seem stronger in a MC combo either with each other or with another class which makes me feel like both should be revised so that the inclination to abandon them is reduced.
>>
>>52563167
Half-Plate or Breast-Plate.
>>
File: Eilistraee_symbol.jpg (50KB, 400x561px) Image search: [Google]
Eilistraee_symbol.jpg
50KB, 400x561px
>>52562984
In 3.5th Edition, there's even a prestige class for Eilistraee servants that allows your sword to dance and cast spells by itself..
>>
>>52563196
I think Eldritch Blast should've been a Warlock feature that only scales with Warlock levels. Make it something like the Sun Souls natural Spell Attack.
>>
>>52562174
Yes there is. And besides, the best way to intimidate someone is by sheer display of force. It works with people. It works with animals. It's how this shit is done 90% of the time in real life.
>>
>>52560738
What if Champion's abilities were given to the default fighter? Would fighters finally be able to compete with Paladins and Barbarians?
>>
File: 1386256719429.jpg (338KB, 962x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1386256719429.jpg
338KB, 962x1377px
>>52563136
What's the best way to consistently get advantage? I was thinking maybe doing shield master for that bonus shove, but then I miss out on two more potential crits from twf. Or dipping two into barb for a reckless attack, but then I don't get the fourth fighter extra attack.
>>
Life Cleric / Druid / Warlock

Goodberry for everyone
>>
>>52563172
Add more options to the Battlemaster and make sure they're not no brainer OP.
>>
>>52563238
Fighter's already good.
>>
>>52563218

Would probably be a fair enough change. It would have zero impact on single class PCs and only harm multiclass PCs who are almost exclusively using it as a way of increasing mechanical effectiveness.

Yes theoretically some warlock multiclasses could be about increasing utility but let's be honest you don't see a ton of tomelock/rogues it's almost always about increasing blast capabilities.
>>
Holy shit Irenicus is insane. Keeping a room for his dead love trapped and perfectly preserved, also making clones of her to fuck that are insane and attack you. And a dryad harem. God damn Irenicus is 5eg all the way.

>>52563253
I didn't worry about it and just attacked. I never had a problem. I facilitated the rogue and others so I was basically doing great damage while helping the whole party also do amazing damage.
>>
>>52563238

BM is already a very solid character. BM + Champion or EK + Champion would be close to top tier
>>
File: hex warrior.png (23KB, 454x206px) Image search: [Google]
hex warrior.png
23KB, 454x206px
why does this only work with one-handed weapons? what's wrong with letting this work with two-handed weapons?
pic related
>>
>>52563271
Could also make Agonising Blast a built in feature to free up an Invocation slot at that point. It's only behind that wall because dipping for it is too good. Also gives them a small buff that's probably needed for the Single Class.
>>
>>52563300
it's a fucking mystery, what it's more vexing is the fact that the hexblade invocation smite is a fucking greatsword, so you can't use hex warrior and the hexblade invocation at the same time at all.

just make it so hex warrior works with your pact weapon and call it a day, how fucking hard was that?
>>
File: primarina_on_rock.jpg (37KB, 416x350px) Image search: [Google]
primarina_on_rock.jpg
37KB, 416x350px
Are there any aquatic fey beings?
>>
>>52563324
make it the built-in damage increase at lv 8 or 11 or something like that. agonizing blast does way too fucking much for just two levels of warlock.
>>
>>52563338
UA warlocks and wizards references aquatic fey lords in one of the eldritch invocations
>>
Need some advice /tg/ a friend is gonna run a one shot and so far the party consists of a bard, barbarian, druid and one unknown other than me. The level we'll be at is 15 and I was wondering what would be a fun class to play?
>>
>>52562920
>I have never touched a spellbook/bible in my life but here I am casting spells/miracles!
>>
>>52563338
Yes they have their own Court and everything.
>>
File: The Great Modrom March.png (1MB, 857x642px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Modrom March.png
1MB, 857x642px
Anyone got any top down Modron tokens? My PC's are entering some Outer planes soon, and I though it would be nice to have a couple of fights interrupted by the march.
>>
File: behold, your feyking.gif (657KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
behold, your feyking.gif
657KB, 300x244px
>>52563338
>>
>>52563354

generic human protagonist err i mean paladin
>>
>>52563300
The ability is just fucking weird. It can never go to print no matter how many limitations they put on it, half the classes in the game will get nothing but a boost from dipping it.

Paladins, Bards, melee Sorcerers, any Fighter who wants to use Charisma for attacks, Swashbucklers.

I think the way it is right now is to try and stop Sharpshooter and GWM because the amount of damage boosts on each attack is already weird.
>>
>>52563338
YTP has one or two (Nareid and maybe Siren)
>>
>>52563338
sea hags.
I seduced one a couple sessions ago with nothing but smooth talking and no rolls required because my elderly gentleman EK only likes older women and because I'd been praying for the opportunity since volo's released. Nothing says knightly devotion like putting a less than angelic maiden upon a pedistal, Sir.
>>
>>52563338
Sea hags (Monster Manual)
Nereids (Tales from the Yawning Portal)
Sirens (Tales from the Yawning Portal)
>>
>>52563300
The warlock in general is a very 4e-like class, and the hexblade brings a further touch of 4e to 5e with how you can make a SAD sword and board hexblade or a MAD Cursebringer.
>>
File: Page-1-Image-1.jpg (2MB, 2758x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Page-1-Image-1.jpg
2MB, 2758x3500px
Struggling to prepare for a massive battle next session.

I have 60~ Hobgoblins and mixed allies (ogre, ettin, hellhound, etc) chasing the party, and expect that they will fight on top of essentially Yester Hill from Curse of Strahd.

My problems are 1; Turn Management, and 2; information display.

I don't want to forgo 10 turns because I forget them.

I also want my players to have a clear understanding of what is going on.

Are there any good virtual tabletops that will track initiative as well as piece placement?

Thanks guys.
>>
>been desperate for a game for months
>finally get in one
>having literally no fun
What do I do?
>>
>>52563338

Assuming Triton isn't a diety in your campaign he'd likely be a fae lord

Maybe Mannannan mac lir if you don't use the celtic pantheon as gods
>>
Is it a good idea to start my DMing experience with Sunless Citadel?
>>
>>52563438

Group initiative is a must (probably for group of 10 hobgoblins). Make sure you also hit them with waves of foes instead of one big rush of 60. With bounded accuracy unless the PCs have a lot of party members and access to a decent amount of AoE magic it's quite likely people are going to die and there is virtually no way that the PCs will be able to escape which could result in a TPK.
>>
>>52563354
>>52563370
oh boy two bards in one party Jesus this is gonna be interesting.
>>
>>52563495

LMoP is typically the default new GM module suggested. Personally I think Sunless Citadel has some potential novice GM traps that can make it less optimal than LMoP
>>
>>52563537
>novice GM traps
such as?
>>
>>52562974
The problem here is you're saying 'They shouldn't play BECAUSE they're doing it for the mechanics'

Personally, I much prefer to build a character around some sort of interesting mechanical concept.
For example, an artificer that uses a shield and focuses on tanglefoot bag, thunderstone sort of lockdown, with longstrider for speed. Then, well, develop the personality that they're a practical sort of person who doesn't like getting close to monsters, but still wants to study their parts and organic material for uses, that sort of thing.

There's really no need to demonize the 'Mechanics, then character' people over the 'Character, then mechanics' people. Both have their own problems. The character first people often are the sort that comes up with 'I want to play X from this game!' or whines when they can't use a homebrew to represent their concept or does something that doesn't work at all.

But, yeah, I guess the key word is 'cheesy', and that depends what you consider cheesy. I wouldn't call sorcerer-paladin cheesy. I'd be inclined to call sorcerer-warlock cheesy IF there were other sorcerers or warlocks around, because the sorcerer-warlock might overshadow them. Otherwise, I wouldn't really call it overpowered.

And, really, I wouldn't want somebody to play nuclear druid even if they try to say it's not for the being overpowered.
>>
>>52563458
Leave.
>>
which class is better for potions, Wizard (Artificer) or Artificer (Alchemist)?
>>
you know what we don't talk nearly enough?
the other half of the game, dragons.

what are some experiences you've had with dragons?
how do you feel about draconic races and classes?
>>
>>52563540

Dragonpriest Troll
Explosive Runes on the Book in Belak's study
Final fight with Belak and a shit-ton of foes

Way more focused on dungeon crawling than the mixed feel of LMoP
>>
>>52563604
Aren't those traps for the player?
>>
>>52563597
artificer alchemist's healing draught can be used once per day per creature.
Reforged 5e alchemist is pretty neat, you should take a look at that.
>>
>>52563603
Currently have a Dragonborn barbarian in the campaign I DM for. He used to always say "I say something in draconic" until I kept asking "well what do they hear?" It's been fun. Especially since he is really honest and tends to tell people things they probably don't need to know.
>>
File: Dawnforged Alchemist 1.05.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnforged Alchemist 1.05.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>52563597
>>
>>52563614
is reforged 5e on the trove or can anyone get it to trove anon?
i don't really want to give money to DFC.
>>
>>52563597
Wizard (Artificer) with Alchemist feat.
>>
>>52563610

No it's more than each one of them represent potential problems for the GM in terms of possibly resulting in significant casualties.

Troll can hit hard even without multiattack and full regen

Explosive Runes can do a lot of damage to a closely packed party while the PCs are in a poor position in the dungeon

The final fight is hard to manage if you are a novice GM simplly because of the number of opponents
>>
>>52563650
>>52563661
gotcha my dude
>>
>>52563695
i meant his full shit, i don't really know if its out even, i'm gonna assume it's not. thanks either way, i'd forgotten this was free on his site.
>>
is the anon that gave me the homebrewery link still around? Or anyone that's used it before? I can't for the life of me figure out how to export as a PDF and I feel retarded. every time I click get pdf it just brings up my printer screen and I'm unable to save it as anything but the webpage. There's something very simple I'm missing.
>>
>>52562353
The imp can become invisible, shapechanger into tiny creatures and use equipment, including magic items. It can invisibly hide and take the help action without giving away it's position. You can milk an imp for poison. Used as a scout, it basically allows you to get an annotated map of the dungeon before you enter. Imps are strong enough to carry an unarmored unencumbered character while flying. (It goes back for the backpack). Pact of the Chain is 100 times better than time in actual play.
>>
How do you guys handle "sneaking" and "stealth"? just stealth role vs passive perception?
>>
>>52563650
Can you stop infesting our phones and computers with that shit.
>>
>>52563753
>lists phones first
Sorry but even if you had a genuine point, we don't listen to phoneposters.
>>
>>52563753
I'm sorry, next time I'll tag it so you don't get triggered in your safe space anon.
>>
>>52563730
Being invisible just give you advantage on stealth check in 5e.

You still need to use Hide action and enemy can still find you (explain in RAW by not hiding the sound, like flapping of wings)
>>
>>52563730
Not only are you wrong, but playing that way sounds like an immense chore.
>>
>>52563360
Use dice you knucklehead.
>>
>>52563730
>milk an imp for poison
get the fuck out of here with your magical realm
>>
>>52563597
Solely for making healing potions, artificer wizard.
Otherwise, artificer. You get expertise with alchemical tools.
>>
What would make a good beast to capture and use as a part of my character's circus business?
>>
>>52563253
Have your familiar take the help action.
>>
>>52563821
A marilith
>>
>>52563749
Yes, there's no reason to over-complicate it.
>>
What are the 5e scribe scroll rules?

Best I can find is that magic item creation table in the DMG, which allows 25g worth of crafting per day.

Some forum posts talk about crafting consumable items costing half as much, but I can't find any rules that say that - but that would make a 2nd level spell scroll cost 250g and take 10 days to create.
>>
>>52563830
I'm so tired of this dumb meme. That would only work for the first attack and the familiar would almost certainly die.
>>
>>52563815
>>52563730
> implying warlock won't die from imp poison before he can make that DC20 check to harvest poison
>>
>>52562368
My Archer Battlemaster does 114 average damage without expending superiority Dice or action surge, which pushes the Nova turn close to 300.

Dual Wielding barbarian, you are not a high damage build. Sorry.
>>
>>52563858
Sorry but those are the only official crafting rules we have. Frankly they just didn't want players doing it.
>>
>>52563882
At level 13? Explain how you're doing that bullshit?
>>
whats the temperature for the unbearable heat weather condition?
>>
New DM here. How do you guys write an adventure outline? Any tips on writing original adventures?
>>
File: Oceanid.jpg (85KB, 567x655px) Image search: [Google]
Oceanid.jpg
85KB, 567x655px
>>52563395
>>52563397
In our setting we have Oceanids, the sea nymphs. Their bodies are soft and semi-solid, exactly like those of jellyfish. That means, among other things, that they are quite strong against some kinds of physical attacks, immune to critical hit and a monstrously poisonous touch.
>>
>>52563920
there is no originality. You are only as good as what you can covertly steal and meld together.
>>
>>52563858
it's in the DMG errata.

Also don't forget that you can combine effort in creating magic item. The only difficult part is where to find the "formula" for creating one (this was written to let DM take control of PC magic item availability, so it's not a magic item crafting spam fest like 3.5e, which mess up all the balance)
>>
>>52563882
Hand crossbow I assume.

How does 4d6+20+40 with a -5 Attack average 114 damage?
>>
>>52563253
Your campaign is going to level 20?
>>
>>52563920
In my experience, if you're a new DM, start small. Start with 1 simple dungeon. Simple. Like 3 maybe 4 rooms (2-3 combat encounters, a trap/puzzle). Build your world from there. Watch Matt Coville's youtube series on DMing.
>>
>>52558852
After getting my hands on Lords of Madness I can finally answer my most wondered question.
>>
I just checked the PHB and the DMG and couldn't find an answer: If a spell scroll has a spell that requires concentration, do you need to concentrate on that spell when you use the scroll?
>>
>>52563920

Take your favorite parts from video games and movies, convert them to your flavor of fantasy, twist them into each other so they're unrecognizable, throw in some monsters and drink a lot.

Also tons of rewriting after the first sessions when your characters decide they want to start a rebellion instead of saving the princess.
>>
>>52563954
Possibly. It's a slow start homebrew that's going to get nuts later supposedly
>>
>>52560816
>Can't move 25ft and then say you want to ready moving 20ft away.)
You actually can do this. It's basically Dashing.

Anyway, if you want to go after the paladin, for example, you do because initiative is cyclical. If you rolled higher initiative, you also go before the paladin in round one. You just can't delay to act immediately after the paladin because time doesn't really work that way. Everyone else wants to react to the paladin too.
>>
>>52564013
if it has the concentration tag it works under the concentration mechanic.
>>
>>52564013

Scrolls are portable spell slots and work as though the spell were cast normally in every way.
>>
>>52564056

That's what I thought. Problem player cheating again.
>>
>>52564075
>cheating again
Why even let him back?
>>
>>52564086

It's not my table.
>>
>>52561560
>You didn't really think this game was intentionally designed, did you?
For a little bit there, I almost forgot, yes.
>>
>>52564013
You still need to concentrate just like you cast that spell yourself. You need specific rule like in certain potion to not concentrate.
>>
>>52561610
Only if you're planning to progress to lances and probably not even then.
>>
>>52564031
Only if you have wnough move speed. And you can't dash if you already use action to ready more movement.
>>
File: dark_apothecary_by_pkyo-d34jt0m.jpg (182KB, 1011x791px) Image search: [Google]
dark_apothecary_by_pkyo-d34jt0m.jpg
182KB, 1011x791px
I'm trying to think of various warlock builds and I'd love some feedback...

>Eldritch Turret or The Default
Set up Hex on the first turn and grab agonizing and repelling blast. You can also grab a familiar from Chain or Tome to get the help action on each blast.

>The Punisher
Don't freakout, but eldritch blast isn't the initial go to for this build. Use your turns to keep up bladeward, then on your reactions, strike out with Hellish Rebukes. Works well with tieflings and against melee opponents, so that you can grab a free rebuke and set up armor of agathys and/or fire shield before hand.

>The Sniper
Set up darkness and grab devil's sight, then enjoy excellent cover and attack advantages while frustrating your teammates. If you can grab Cloak of the Bat, all the better.

>The Controller
Set up a minor illusion or a silent illusion to hide dangerous pitfalls or traps and throw command, crown of madness, or suggestion around to send the enemies into situations that will end up killing them without them realizing it. It's dependent on the battlefield, but if the DM is prone to battle hazards, then you can get a lot of mileage and satisfaction out of this build.
>>
>>52561610
> take a feat to increase from 1d10 to 2d8
> 4.5 increase in damage

> take GWM feat
> +10 damage (more once younget up to higher level)
> +7 damage if you score a critical hit or kill a mook

Geez, I wonder which one is better
>>
Blogpost

Our ThatGuy Barbarian was an asshole all campaign, both in and out of character thinking he is gods gift to our game because he was "So tanky and SO strong." thanks to Barbarian Rage and a Legendary Greatsword that did +2d6 Necrotic. His antics included, but were not limited to, asking the GM if anyone in the party was within 5ft of him during the short rest, when the GM said "I guess not." he said "I pull out my greataxe and behead the prisoner before the guys can interrogate him, lol.". And when faced with a clearly, CLEARLY demonic individual offering a wish in exchange for rubbing out the chalk pentagram around him, immediately dived on the ground to clear it. When the party said "No, this guy is clearly untrustworthy can I roll insight, or possibly religion or arcana to see if this might be a demon or djinn?" "TOO LATE I already rubbed it out hahaha."

Eventually after he is bragging that he could kill any of our characters if he wanted, our wizard offers to battle him one on one.

The Barbarian agrees, and the wizard opens up a blank demiplane to be the arena.

They step inside, take positions and roll initative.

"I portent my 16 to initiative, which puts me ahead of you. I cast suggestion and portent a 3 for your saving throw, you fail. I suggest you sit down and do not move from that spot for 2 hours."

The Diviner then leaves the empty, blank demiplane and once the spell wears off, the demiplane seals with the only being able to access it being himself, the Barbarian can't even pray for some celestial planeswalker to save him. Even if he finds a way to subsist on a diet of his own anger and rage and spontanously become immortal, there is no way outside utter divine intervention for him to escape, nor anyone to rescue him.

Portent OP, is it legal for the wizard to be this savage? And is it legal for WotC to make an feature as broken as portent?
>>
>>52564109
Lemme guess, you get called a rules lawyer when you call them out for cheating.
>>
If a player tries to intimidate an enemy during combat and succeeds, how would you reward him? Is an advantage to attack rolls against the creature/s too much? The creatures becoming frightened too OP?
>>
>>52564195
Help action only work on the first hit. Tome is probably a better choice for default blast too since you can get Phantom Steed and spam Dash action to move away 200ft after blasting

> the punisher
Can you do that like 2 time per combat...

> the sniper
Why would your team mate be frustrate? They can attack enemy normally because disadvantage and advantage cancel each other out. The warlock just have to tell then where the enemy is.
>>
>>52564196
ILL DO IT
>>
>>52564110
Woah you just blew him the fuck out with that sick omission.
>>
>>52563336
What makes it worse, the Hexblade smite is a fucking greatsword, and for Fey it's a longbow.

Gnome and Halfling warlocks got fucking screwed.
>>
>>52563812
its for Roll20
>>
>>52562232
Intimidation is only loosely related to your locker room bully nightmares. It is not just being scary. It is about playing on a person's fear to get something you want.
>>
>>52564236

No, I've never been called a rules lawyer. Surprisingly enough, two tables I play at always look to me whenever a rules question comes up. So, moral of this post is: Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52564239
Frighten for a round once per combat sound reasonable to me.
>>
>>52564221
This is why PvP isn't a thing.
>>
>>52562140
>Does a bard need to be trained in an instrument to use it for a focus?
RAW no, you don't even have to play it to use it as a focus, just hold it.

>Why are there no harp in the PHB?
A harp is a bigass standup instrument - you want a lyre. It's in there for 30gp.
>>
I wanna kill off the PCs in the first session. And by that I mean, kill them and make them escape from hell as their first adventure. How do I do it?
Also, how do I make sure this a one time only thing and they can't just escape from hell every time they die?
>>
>>52564251
Two times to three times per combat equals out to a whooping 4d10 to 6d10 damage within three rounds by third level. You can cover the rest of the match with eldritch blast, if their's anything left to blast, by that point.
>>
>>52564289
Nice, I like it. Thanks.
>>
>>52564277
Rule monkey is the best position. I can use it to cheat here and there and no one will bat an eye.
>>
>>52564195
I don't know if you are doing pure warlock, but:

Punisher:
Start V.human fighter
Take heavy armor master feat
Enjoy auto physical resistance with Armor of agathys.

Also, how long does that new temp-hp cantrip work? Might be worth spamming that, too.
>>
>>52564251
>>52564301
>4d10 to 6d10
oops
I meant 6d10 in two rounds at third level, or 8d10 in three rounds at third level if you're a tiefling or have magic initiate.
>>
>>52562459
Warlocks are perfectly viable as Eldritch Blast gunners, just boring.

They aren't really casters, they are ranged martials that shoot magic instead of bolts/arrows - once you get past the mentality of them needing to cast spells every turn like Clerics/Bards/Sorcerers/Wizards, the limited spell slots make more sense. Hell, Hex eventually upgrades to lasting all day. So like a good martial you spend most of the combat using your standard attack: shoot force lightning.

But having a couple short rests is still good allow them to use more of their toys.
>>
>>52564301
> whooping 6d10
> 33 average damage
> CR3 enemy (the one you should be able to kill effortlessly at 3rd level) should have 101-115 hp according to DMG guideline
>>
>>52561610
GWM/PAM/Shieldmaster/sharpshooter/crossbowexpert/sentinel/Prettymuchanything else is better than dual wielding.
>>
>>52564375
this.
>>
>>52564277
>empathize with cheater situation, by showing I am intimately familiar with the topic
>autist throws a fit and shits his adult diapers

You must be a real treat to play with.
>>
>>52564296
Narrate it.

I'd rather the GM say "You're attacked by bandits, you fight valliantly but eventually fall."

Rather than having a battle where "Okay, you get hit by.. 3 arrows for 18 damage, you're down."
"I cast healing word!"
"Oh okay, uh two more bandits come out of the bushes and shoot him down again."
"Bah, okay wizard, use burning hands!"
"Oh nice roll, three bandits die, but uh.. like.. four more show up!"
"Uh screw this, lets run!"
"No, see your horses are dead and you're surrounded lol."
"Well fuck this, I cast misty step to teleport past them and dash, keep running!"
"Um, no like, the bandit leader pulls out a longbow and shoots you dead at long range. He gets a 19 to hit you."
"I use my last spell slot for shield, giving my AC21?"
"Uh, I meant, he gets 19 plus his bonuses, you die."
>>
>>52564271
Yes, and you need charisma to play on their fear.

Whether or not you have the thing they fear is a variable, and your muscles MIGHT be a thing they fear, or it might not be. Your charisma, however, is a constant.

Similarly, DC is a varied value and your intimidation roll is a constant.
>>
>>52564221

>creating demiplane
This is the broken part. Wizards are broken because of spell choice. Using all of a class feature to 1 shot an equal level enemy is good, but not OP. Also the barbarian deserved it and you should have just kicked him from the group earlier.
>>
>>52564385

Much better than you, projecting dipshit.
>>
>>52564367
>>52564331
Oh and
> Fire damage
>>
>>52564367
>CR3 enemy (the one you should be able to kill effortlessly at 3rd level) should have 101-115 hp according to DMG guideline

But that's wrong though...
CR3 means that a balanced party of four level three characters can take it on and defeat it some challenge. Your pathfinder is showing.
>>
>>52560738
How good is bearbarian? Also, what is the actual level progression for that build?
>>
>>52564296
Don't kill them, just send them to hell.
>>
>>52561610
Dual Wielding is literally only useful if you don't eat your bonus action for something else and you're not getting an extra attack.

It's great if you stop at 4th level.
>>
>>52564331
Still can't kill most CR3 enemies (just check most of them have around 50hp) and that is after using all your resource.

CR5 enemy will just laugh at you too.
>>
>>52564405
Wow, you cranked another one out, soiled diaper and all, I'm impressed. Gonna see if I can make room in my group, could always use another spastic.
>>
>>52564296
If you're trying to get your players invested in their characters by having them die right away, don't. It doesn't work, I've had a DM who tried just that.
>>
>>52564459

Pretty sure you're spastic enough for three tables.
>>
>>52564473
Couldn't think of your own insult?
>>
>>52564492

Don't need to.
>>
>>52564459
Don't respond to posters that don't understand English.
>>
>>52564438
see
>>52564408
>>
>>52563111
Half orc dual wielder mounted combatant champion with two lances and it might be optimal. Get phantom steeds from the party ritual caster.
>>
>>52560738
What should I play, Barbarian or Fighter? Which archetype? I'm not looking for a specific "role," however I don't enjoy the knight UA
>>
>>52564507
Yeah, mine are still great the second time around, you're right.
>>
>>52564512

Don't be a fag.

>>52564526

If you say so pal.
>>
>>52564524
Zealot Barbarian.
>>
>>52564408
> medium encounter
> not a walk in the park
Why do you think they expect you to face 6-8 medium encounter per day?
>>
Anyone else feel like the deep stalker ranger needs an update? All of the other subclasses have some early damage boost (usually 1d6 once per turn with a rider), but the deep stalker only gets one additional attack on the first turn.
The passives are cool, especially the darkvision shenanigans, but the rest are somewhat boring. It feels like half of them should just be build into the core ranger.
I don't necessarily think that it's weak, but it needs it's own unique strengths or abilities.
Am I the only one that feels this way, or am I missing something?
>>
>>52564221

>Legendary Greatsword that did +2d6 Necrotic

Pl-please tell me you got Hazirawn out of there safe and sound after he starved
>>
Is it possible to make a hybrid class?

For example: A priest/monk hybrid?
>>
>>52563181
>most of the best spells a Wizard can just as often
Like grease, hideous laughter, flaming sphere, animate dead, bigby's hand, wall of force, wall of ice...
>>
>>52564583
Multiclassing
>>
File: GRETCHENNNNNNN.gif (2MB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
GRETCHENNNNNNN.gif
2MB, 140x140px
>>52563395
>only likes older women
But I don't think their ugliness is a matter of age. They simply are aesthetically disgusting...
>>
>>52564546
what's hilarious is that the guy was literally on your side in the first post and you spazzed out like a fucking autist because you don't understand basic social interaction and now we're watching you throw a tantrum like a child.
>>
>>52563907
I leave it as an exercise for the astute student HINT: Archer Battlemaster with Sharpshooter Feat.
>>
Rate my bizarre Dwarven monarchy.

It's a hybrid elective-hereditary sytem. Every 20 years, the King or Queen and their adult heirs abdicate the throne, and their replacement is voted on by a council of influential clans. The departing monarch may not be reelected, though his heirs may.

To be elected or to inherit the throne in the event of a monarch's death, heirs must be of legal ruling age (30) and a child of the current monarch; step-children from previous marriages are a no-no. The heir apparent also need not be the first born of a monarch; he or she may select from all of their children.

The clan or clans of the abdicating ruler (determined by parentage) receive a double vote in the council. Political marriage between clans is common and bastard children count only if the monarch takes the parent of said child as a legal spouse after the fact. Remarriage in the event of divorce or death (both of which are usually political) is common, and an ascending monarch may have children by several clans, which is usually how they garner support in the voting process.

There's also no weird incest shit going on in the event of a monarch or heir belonging to only one clan, since clans are comprised of completely separate families united under a common banner, and occasionally families move between clans. Dwarves aren't cousin fuckers.

Most ascending monarchs are quite old, the hope being that they will keel over soon into their term and pass the throne to one of their children shared by another clan, giving them influence for the remainder of their reign and a privileged position in the next vote.
>>
>>52564393
Or have the combat be overwhelming from the start. Throw a few onis at them?
>>
>>52564611

Yeah, no.
>>
>>52564603
Can you multiclass when you first make your character or is it only possible through quests and whatnot?
>>
>>52564569
So it can still be a walk in the park even if you don't one-shot them. You usually have 4 party members, not just 1 you know.
>>
>>52564625
Why onis specifically?
>>
>>52564650
>or is it only possible through quests and whatnot?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>52564615
Sounds so complicated that it will never come up in a game.
>>
>>52564613
Different guy. Can't do it at level 13 without expending any dice or action surges, also you're nearly the level where Sharpshooter does better damage then you.
>>
>>52564653
They came to mind when I thought of "Strong enemy that's connected to Death."

Could be easier to throw in some bullshit "Bodies went with you to Hell" than with Bulletes.
>>
>>52564613
This has already been covered. Your math still doesn't add up.
>>
>>52563078
What are your opinions on a primarily evocation sorc taking 2 levels in wizard for the evocation school and level 1 rituals?
>>
File: dark_spell_by_magnusss-d7d8ss3.jpg (392KB, 1001x1417px) Image search: [Google]
dark_spell_by_magnusss-d7d8ss3.jpg
392KB, 1001x1417px
>>52564569
Because roleplaying games are suppose to have challenge to them, that's why they aren't a walk in the park. You're supposed to have health potions, short rest healing, healing kits, etc... to patch up between battles. You're not supposed to make it through a day of medium challenges without scratches and bruises.

And regardless, I have yet to meet a single party that has done more than four encounters in one adventuring day.
>>
>>52564674
But I'm killing the king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qBRmM00R4
>>
>>52564296
Instead of killing them, have them get sent to hell. Maybe they go willingly on a quest to stop a demon. Perhaps their souls are trapped, and they need to fight to return to their bodies. Maybe they get sucked in during a banishment-gone-wrong. Insta-deaths seem cheesy, so come up with a good reason for it, which includes why it won't work again.

Don't make it a 'normal' death.
>>
>>52564650
You can't multiclass at character generation, but you can by level 2. Start as a monk or cleric, and when you hit level 2 (and meet the requirements), take a level in the other.

To multiclass monk and cleric, regardless of which class you start as, you need 13 dex and 13 wisdom. Neither class grants particularly useful weapon or armor proficiencies (cleric grants light/medium armor and shields, all of which remove your unarmored defense. Monk grants simple weapons and shortswords, and aside from shortswords clerics are already proficient with all of those.)
>>
Sorry to use you guys as Google, but have there been any official extra-limbed races, such as Thri-Kreen, released yet? Or am I gonna have to balance that on my own when I make a homebrew?
>>
>>52564753
Negatory.
>>
>>52564753
I don't think there have been any official releases. Balancing Thri-Kreen is easy, just give them this feature:

Manipulator Arms: You posess a secondary set of arms, which are smaller and not suited for combat. However, they do grant you an additional object interaction on your turn, and can be used to hold or manipulate objects while your main hands are full.
>>
>>52564296
You could just start the campaign with them in Hell already.
>>
>>52564727
I'm sure your players will be thrilled about the impending lecture on the overly-complex dwarf election system.
>>
>>52564296
>>52564777

Godtrips has spoken.
>>
>>52564791
I dunno if a post that takes 30 seconds to read is a lecture.
>>
>>52564195

>The Binder
Pick up Conjure Fey and Minion of Chaos along with Chains of Carceri, Resilient/Warcaster, and Bladeward to reduce the damage done from losing concentration. Then pray that they release a Conjure Fiend spell sometime soon.
>>
>>52564772
That's really vague wording.
>>
>>52564812
What? Do your professors take a full class period or something?

Brainlet.
>>
People who have done CoS. How did you/your DM make the transition from finishing Death House at the start, to the campaign proper? My players have just finished DH and I'm not sure of the best way to get things started for real.

I've thought of just gently guiding them towards the Church or the BotV tavern. Does that sound right?
>>
>>52564749
Awesome good to know. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>52564829
I had them bump into a gloomy farmer on his way to the tavern. They were already looking for a place to rest, so it got them to Ismark pretty easily.
>>
>>52564829
It's Ravenloft. It doesn't matter where the PCs want to go, the fucking Mists take them where they want the party to be.

Literally any direction the PCs take from the Death House just fucking plops them in front of whatever you want them to interact with first.
>>
>>52564829
I didn't run DH (they dicked around in FR for a couple levels), but I did steer them toward the tavern first.
>>
File: For Scale.png (4MB, 4000x1587px) Image search: [Google]
For Scale.png
4MB, 4000x1587px
>giantlets
>ever being a threat

This image shows a white dragon wyrmling, a young black dragon, an adult green dragon, and an ancient red dragon.

Seriously, why do giants exist on the same PLANE OF EXISTENCE as dragons? Wouldn't they all be killed thousands of years ago?
>>
>>52564819
Conjure Lesser Demon is a UA spell, same with Conjure Shadow Demon. 3rd and 4th level, respectively.
>>
>>52564861
Wouldn't you have had to say the same of any of the playable races?
>>
>>52564822
Fair. Let me try again:

Manipulator Arms: You posess a secondary set of arms, which are smaller and not suited for combat. These arms grant you a second object interaction per turn, and can retrieve or hold items if your main hands are full. They cannot be used to wield weapons or a shield, load a weapon with the ammunition property, or cast spells.
>>
>>52564861
>he doesn't know that dragons were all retards for tens of thousands of years and had to be genetically engineered by birdpeople to get anywhere
That aside, I dunno man, ask whales whether man is a threat.
>>
>>52564861
How exactly did you get this scale?
>>
Has anyone here ever actually gotten a character to 20th level?

Just curious.
>>
>>52564875
Yes, but dragons and giants hate each other with such a violent passion that they try to kill each other if they get within sight of each other.

>>52564885
Used the size guides from 3.5 and 5e, when available. Yes, that adult green dragon and those giants are both Huge creatures.
>>
I want to play something akin to an inquisitor - looking at something like the Harpers with their "adjudicate the wrongful use of magic" type thing. So far I'm looking at a LG divination wizard (high elf) with the Faction Agent background, but I'm wondering if there's anything that would thematically fit better. Play-wise, I want to be about investigation, hunting down evil, confiscating magical artifacts, things like that.

Also I've never actually played 5th, so I'm not sure how mechanically I might be hamstringing myself. I wad thinking of taking a single level in Cleric for armor proficiency and whatnot. I'm focused on the characterization, regardless. Any advice?
>>
>>52563722
On the printing screen, select printer as export to PDF. I think. I've never used homebrewery before.
>>
>>52564877
I like it.
>>
>>52564905
The Tarrasque is gargantuan and should be the same size as the red dragon. Unless it's like the wings or some shit fucking with my perception.
>>
>>52564865
And warlock gets neither.
>>
>>52564909
>I wad thinking of taking a single level in Cleric

Scum.

>I'm focused on the characterization, regardless

Still scum.
>>
>>52564905
Right on.

>you will never see a Tarrasque take a BIG fuckin bite out of a red dragon like it's a cartoon snack

Why even live?
>>
>>52564843
Trickery cleric might be good multiclass with Monk. All dat advantage.
>>
>>52564852
That's a good idea. Thanks.

>>52564855
I want to explore to a degree without me holding their hand all of the time. I figure let them explore a bit and if they're going TOO off rails then I can push them a bit towards their next proper destination.

>>52564856
Alright, so definitely nudge them towards the tavern. Sounds good. I was leaning towards that anyway but wanted input. Thanks.
>>
>>52564929
Warlock gets whatever you convince your DM to agree it gets.
>hur I'm a fiend/raven warlock and can't summon entities from my patron's plane
>>
>>52564909
>hamstringing

5e doesn't really do 'make one wrong turn and you might as well have never been born' in its options.

Also Inquisitive is a Rogue UA that pretty much does that.
>>
File: Gehrman_Concept.jpg (550KB, 1074x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Gehrman_Concept.jpg
550KB, 1074x1500px
What would this guy be? GOOlock multiclass Monster Slayer Ranger? Refluff a glaive to be a giant scythe?
>>
>>52564861
Giants are the goblins of dragons. They appear in (comparatively) huge numbers, breed (comparatively) ridiculously quickly, and live in (comparatively) tiny warrens is almost impossible to crawl down after them.
>>
>>52564843
Also, don't forget that you can always refluff stuff so that it fits thematically with what you want. You don't need to be a monk to punch things, you can ask your DM to refluff a weapon into a gauntlet, for example.
>>
>>52564928
The Tarrasque's length is listed as 70 feet. A Gargantuan red dragon's overall length is 85 feet. It might be the wings messing with your perspective, but it's more likely that the Tarrasque has its tail curled behind it.
>>
Is Wisdom based Ranger with Shillelagh (via magic initiate) and Polearm master a good idea?

Probably going with Monster Hunter and invest level 8 and 12 ASI on WIS to prevent BBEG from escaping.
>>
>>52564967
Battlemaster Fighter with that cleaving attack thing and a wheat scythe. He is a master wheat cutter and produces 60% more bushels per day than the average peasant.
>>
>>52564988
But if he produces 60% more bushels per day, won't he ruin the economy?
>>
>>52564967
Monster Slayer Ranger should be enough. He might have been under the thumb/tentacle of a great one but he himself never really uses powers like they have.
>>
>>52564937
Am I wrong for wanting to put my elf in armor so the bastards with swords can't hurt him?

>>52564966
Neat, I will take a look. Thanks!
>>
>>52564909
Knowledge Cleric + Wizard is pretty themathic.

But Paladin and Ranger also work for what you are going for.
>>
>>52565010
It's an oversaturated job market so he's not paid any more than the standard worker, and the extra output of one guy doesn't upset much of anything in the grand scheme of national wheat and flour production.

It's why he's turned to adventuring.
>>
>>52564984
Puts a burden on your bonus actions between casting Shillelagh, activating Slayer's Eye, and casting and moving Hunter's Mark.

It wouldn't be terrible, though.
>>
>>52565018
Yeah, sitting down and thinking if GOOlock fits or not it is pretty apparent he really isn't too supernatural aside from his speed. What would his weapon be? Refluffed glaive or something else?
>>
>>52565058
The glaive thing is about the only real option. And he should also have a sickle so he can put that away and use a hand crossbow.
>>
>>52565081
Thanks m8, figured I'd try and make him my next character in the event my current one dies. Might be fun playing an old man hunter.
>>
>>52565094
Actually sickle might be underselling it a bit. Scimitar hurts a bit more and is closer to the size of the thing when one handed.
>>
>>52565058
Refluffed glaive is the standard for scythe-users in 5e. A hand-crossbow or (if you suck your DM's dick enough) a pistol could work as an offhand - keep it loaded, draw and shoot, then drop it and close.

As for the speed, the new spell UA has Zephyr Strike, which fits the bill.
>>
>>52564239
First, what is the player trying to do?

Other than that, intimidation could be used to convince enemies to retreat if they're at less than half hp, or the enemy forces have less than half their original size.
>>
>>52565109
Yeah, Scimitar/Shortsword was what I was thinking.

>>52565115
>Zephyr Strike
That's actually what got me thinking about trying to make him in the system. With the recent Monster Slayer and Zephyr Strike, you can get pretty close.
>>
>>52564861
All of a sudden I feel unafraid of beholders.
>>
>>52565058
just make it a 1d10 heavy two handed reach, bonus action to switch, 1d6 light finesse, it's not going to break anything really, just don't let it work with feats or shit.
>>
>>52564257
I mean HP is one of the legacy mechanics. It works like it has always worked. I'm agreeing with the broader principle. No need to be an asshole, anon.
>>
>>52565053
Thanks... maybe drop PAM..?
>>
>>52565137
How broken would it be to make it something like this instead?

1d6 light finesse, bonus action to switch to 1d8, reach two-handed finesse? Doesn't count for any feats or anything.
>>
I keep wanting to make a ki blast spammer like the Sun Soul monk, but then I keep gravitating to mystic who actually has stuff it can do with its inborn energy that is not magic (and psionic blast is more of a Kamehameha than radiant sunbolt is). At most I would take only a few levels in Monk for the martial arts, the unarmored defense and the stunning strike.

I guess I wish I could do more blasty stuff with Ki. Not really satisfied with what the official stuff has.
>>
>>52565137
>>52565058
this said, i gave one of my players a reiterpallasch and he barely used it. it let you hit 1d6+dex with the bayonet and then shoot for 2d4 with the pistol, or transform it into a 1d8 rapier. having 6 shots per rest and a chance of it getting stuck as it was a prototype.
>>
>>52565174
>barely used it
It seems neat though. I'd use it.
>>
>>52565167
i don't feel right with a two-handed finesse weapon, GEHRman looks like someone that would definitely go for the quality build.
>>
>>52565167
> two-handed finesse
>>
>>52565170
You're looking at the wrong part for your Kamehameha. It's not the Radiant Sun Bolt, it's the Searing Arc Strike at 6th Level you want. It has the same range and explosion size as Fireball and does 2d6 Damage, adding 2d6 damage for each Ki Point you put in up to 3. So at full ki point load it does 8d6 just like Fireball too.
>>
>>52565170
Mystic has better unarmored defense, an actual armor or barbarian style unarmored defense. Take your pick.

Oh and you can't multiclass Mystic anyway. It lack the ability score prerequisite that you need to pass to multiclass into it.
>>
>>52565185
we had to cut the campaign short and it's been hanging in infinite hiatus for months now.

pic related, the whole text.
>>
>>52565191
>>52565192
Originally though wasn't the katana supposed to be a two-handed finesse d10 weapon? They removed it however, but it doesn't seem so bad aside from the damage die.
>>
>>52564572
It does get an extra attack each encounter, plus it can hide more easily in combat and use its improved darkvision for advantage. It should be fine.
>>
File: 1461063128200.jpg (63KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1461063128200.jpg
63KB, 604x397px
How should one go about balancing a homebrew for alternate damage sources for weapons? Such as bashing someone with the pommel of a sword to deal bludgeoning damage, mordhau style. I was thinking I'd just reduce the damage down a die class, so d8 to d6 or whatever. Mostly just going for flavor here, but worried there's some super secret trick to breaking the game that I'm accidentally toying with.

Also, poleaxes, which would in theory have piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing without any penalties for choosing which damage type. Balanced? Does it even matter?
>>
>>52565208
>>52565170
Not him but... I tried to do Ki Blast Sun Soul Monk once... and I get bored out of combat (I usually play fullcaster...)

What can Sun Soul Monk contribute to the party in social and exploration pillar?
>>
>>52565246
I mean I'd have fun just being a DBZ character. If that doesn't do it for you then Sun Soul might just not be for you.
>>
>>52565240
Personally?

Getting alternate damage with a weapon that makes sense (bludgeoning with a pommel strike, or slashing with a rapier [some of them did have an edge, ya know]) should count as an improvised weapon, but you gain your proficiency bonus with it. You could then make some feats similar to PAM for other weapon classes, like the following:

Mordhau Style
- +1 strength or dexterity
-While wielding a longsword, or greatsword, you may grip the blade and strike with the pommel or crossguard. While used this way, the weapon gains the two-handed property, loses the versatile property, and deals 1d8 bludgeoning damage. Switching your grip on a weapon is treated as drawing a weapon.
-If you hit with a pommel strike, you may use a bonus action to attempt to trip the opponent. Treat this as a shove attempt, but you may only knock the enemy prone.
>>
>>52565170
>>52565208
Actually fuck I was looking at that seriously wrong. Searing Arc Strike is the Burning Hands shit. Searing Sunburst is what I was thinking of and that shit doesn't happen until 11th Level.
>>
>>52565275
> can't go super saiyan
> can't fly
>>
>>52564904
In 5e? No.
In 2e and 3e? Lots and lots of times.
>>
A player of mine wants to combine the two parts of Artificer (Gunsmith and Alchemist) and play that. Should I allow it?
>>
Any ideas for my Ninja (Shadow Monk) character? So far I throw Kunai and do ninja handsigns when I cast my spells. I also run like a Naruto so that's pretty cool.
>>
>>52565414
Yes, the Artificer doesn't.. well.. do anything, at the moment.
>>
>>52565372
Nah you can go super saiyan. Sun Shield at 17th Level.
>>
>>52565432
Well, he's been telling me he wanted to mimic of the alchemists from the Atelier games (I only played the ps2 ones, so I have no clue about the latest ones), but he can't exactly find a class that fits the feeling.
>>
>>52565321
I like improvised weapon but with proficiency a lot, actually. Dunno about the feat, cus' I feel like people would just constantly mordhau which isn't necessarily how it should be done.
>>
>>52565450
Well, mordhauing with a greatsword would lose damage, and sometimes slashing is better than bludgeoning. It needs fine tuning, of course, but the underlying idea is sound. Weapons other than polearms and great weapons need some love.
>>
>>52565432
What's wrong with the artificer?
>>
>>52565442
> not playing Aasimar and go super saiyan at level 1.
>>
>>52564296
Start them in hell, doing wheel-of-pain equivalents of menial tasks.
>>
>>52565486
Be an Aasimar Sun Soul.
>>
>>52565462
Definitely. Also, I keep forgetting that literally none of the weapons have multiple damage types which is... so, so very wrong. But, I mean, they did a pretty good job balancing everything, so I'd feel weird if I just started slapping secondary damage types onto every weapon willy-nilly, same with adding my weaponfu, the poleaxe.
>>
>>52565170
>but then I keep gravitating to mystic who actually has stuff it can do with its inborn energy that is not magic

You do realize its subject to all magic drawbacks, right?
>>
>>52564408
I'm going to guess that you haven't been a DM, because of what you said. Not trying to be a dick. But unless a party has already spent all their resources for the day they will absolutely wreck a lone creature of a CR of their level, or even a point or two above.
>>
Hey 5egmegaanon, if that's what I should call you, under the Arcane Trickster's Spellcasting feature, it states for cantrips
>At 1st level, You learn three cantrips: mage hand and two other cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn another wizard cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
The >At 1st level statement is absent from the PHB. Really enjoy your work you've done with the site, it's a godsend.
>>
>>52565170
Kamehameha is a full ki dump fist of unbroken air.
>>52565208
>>52565363
That's spirit bomb.
>Has no effect when it doesn't work.
Yep. Spirit bomb.

>>52565372
The 4ele monk could fly, but can't go super saiyan because it gets no subpath features.
>>
>>52565529
>>52564408
I dunno. A CR1 kobold sorcerer has a good chance of downing at least one level 1 PC, and a CR 2 cult fanatic has a good chance of downing at least one level 2 PC.
>>
You now have full control of WotC!

What do you do?
>>
>>52565542
Fist of Unbroken Air doesn't have nearly the comparable range, though I do admit the destruction is about right. And if you're a W4nk you're already practically Krillin.

Searing Sunbolt only doesn't work if they have opaque full cover. Also imagine if Goku could fucking spam spirit bomb like that.
>>
>>52565363
Is it a Kamehameha? To me it seems more like a Spirit Bomb or Frieza's Death Ball.

I mean I like that there's a Ki Blast subclass at all. That's the first step. But it doesn't even get a spell list like Eldritch knight or Mystics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fst2sozg4hk

If you skip to 4:35 you get to the ki blasts and you can kinda see the versatility in them (the guy doesn't really show off what all of them do too well). Most of them come down to firing a beam a ball or a laser, but a lot of them have special effects like how Saturday Crash paralyzes or Milky Cannon floats in the air creating a mine. It's sort of like magic but more rigid. Or maybe it's more like if your only spell was Magic Missile but you could Metamagic it in a hundred different ways.

That's another thing I was disappointed by. Not enough Metamagics for Sorcerer when it's the only reason to play the class.
>>
>>52565578
Change the name to Sorcerer of the plain.
>>
>>52565578
Make a 5e or 4e video game. Turn-based or RTwP, I don't care.
>>
>>52565578
publish a PHB 2 with revised ranger, and Sorcerers use Spell points(mana) by default
>>
>>52564645
Lol yes, that was exactly what happened.
>>
>>52565578
Rebalance Warlock (particularly Bladelock), Monk (Wot4E), and Ranger. Rerelease PHB with new balance changes, as well as releasing the changes as free errata.

Then, compile some fucking UA material and release PHB2 or some other player splat. We don't need 3.5's mess, but more content would be nice.
>>
>>52565622
does green flame blade and booming blade not fix Bladelock?
>>
>>52565599
It seems like Spirit Bomb, and you're right in that we have the first step. The problem is we don't have an actual spirit bomb we can use to compare here. Unless we go by like the 8th Level Spell Sunburst. That isn't within the grasp here though.

Am I underselling kamehama's power in this? Is it indeed more like a charged ki blast than the real deal?
>>
>>52565643
no.
>>
>>52563458
I do this monthly. The games always seem so good before they start, but once they start I lose all interest for some reason.
>>
>>52565643
bladelock still stuck at bad HP and bad armor.
GFB / BB doesn't synergize well with Bladelock's Extra attack and +CHA to attack at all. It actually make the situation worst since now Tomelock and Chainlock can catch up with bladelock in damage.
>>
>>52565680
gocha. what changes would you recommend?
>>
>>52565643
Short answer: >>52565656

Autistic answer: Bladelocks need more help with durability in melee. GFB/BB make them deal comparable damage to EB, but they're still made of paper. Hexblade tried to fix it, but that locks you out of any other patron for an effective bladelock. The pact boon itself should grant some form of durability my suggestion? +cha to damage as a base ability of the pact weapon, and whenever you hit with an attack you gain temporary HP equal to your Cha modifier. It won't stack, but it'll make you much more durable as long as you stick in melee.
>>
I made an Indiana Jones ripoff for my upcoming campaign /5eg/, what should I name him? I'm mostly still looking for a last name and a nickname. The setting is Forgotten Realms.

Also, what is the best way to use hand crossbows and whips?
>>
>>52565765

>best way to use hand crossbows and whips
DON'T

Also crossbow expert and dual wielding. Also tripping. I'm assuming you're a rogue.

Janes & Everyone calls him janey and he hates it?
>>
File: redditdnd.png (11KB, 868x89px) Image search: [Google]
redditdnd.png
11KB, 868x89px
>Playing D&D with a plebbitor
>>
>>52565599
>>52565648

You know what, I was having a lapse in memory. Kamehameha would be more like that 7th Level spell Sunbeam.

I was misremembering some of the instances where they charge something up for a second and cause an explosion for it.
>>
>>52565765
>best way to use hand crossbows and whips
Battlemasters or sneak attacks from rogues, I suppose. As for nicknames, of you're using a specific setting look for place names that sound good when paired with basic ass names, or else something basic like Dungeon Dan.
>>
>>52565809
>Africa
>America
>in dnd
the fuck
>>
>>52565765
jonsey indain, convince your dm to let you grapple/trip people with the whip, crossbow expert should pick up the damage, thief rogue or some ranger.
>>
>>52565648
Kamehameha can indeed be charged but comparing it to Spirit Bomb, even in terms of raw power isn't really fruitful.

Kamehameha is the first ki blast used in the Dragon Ball series. Yes even before those piddly little ki blasts everyone throws out later. That's because Kamehameha is extremely efficient, drawing out all latent energy into a single focused blast or beam.

As it was the first Ki attack used it is also the one that has been used in the most ways. Over the course of the series there have been many variants of Kamehameha including:
-a normal variant that can be charged for more power but fires later the more it charges
-a quick fire variant that has no charge and deals less damage
-a more powerful, much larger charge time version
-a Kamehameha fired from the feet in order to fly
-a Kamehameha that you fire backwards so you can use it like a jet to ram your body into your opponent
-two Kamehamehas that Goku created underwater, then left hanging, then distracted Frieza from above while letting the Kamehamehas go off below to try and nail him
-Bending Kamehameha, which follows the opponent around
-Warp Kamehameha, in which you teleport to your opponent and fire at them point blank
-bluff Kamehameha, where you get into the Kamehameha stance, call out the attack, and then deliver a surprise attack
-Super Kamehameha, which charges fast and unloads a metric crapton of energy
-tiny Kamehameha bursts that look suspiciously similar to Hadoukens

There might be some others I'm forgetting, and that's just one technique Goku's been using for 3 decades. There's also a plethora of other ki blasts like Solar Flare and Spirit Ball that do their own thing.

As for Spirit Bomb, the thing about it is to make it you gather energy from anyone who will offer it. Its power is limited to however many people are willing to give you their energy, or theoretically limitless depending on how you look at it. It's theoretically more powerful but t's not your strength.
>>
>>52565861
So was I more on the money with
>>52565811
because I actually went back and looked at some of the times he used it.
>>
File: 1486362394085.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1486362394085.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>52565809
I'm sure his character is originally from our world and got sucked into the D&D world, it'll go great.
>>
File: 1365358801112.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1365358801112.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>52565809
This guy better be playing a Gunslinger.
>>
>>52566068
Nah, he's going to be a Pirate.
>>
>>52565592
I mean it's con save negates. Blocking it is something else.
>>
>>52565827
>>52566020
>>52566068
He just needs to play Bart from Blazing Saddles and then he's good.
>>
File: 1482434132781.png (7KB, 802x104px) Image search: [Google]
1482434132781.png
7KB, 802x104px
>>52565809
Man, I just had to look it up and ruin it for myself.
>>
>>52562821
Eldritch Knight
Hexblade Bladelock
Valor Bard/Sword Bard
If homebrew then the Magus.
>>
>>52566187
Figured it would be something like that.
>Africa
>America
>post apocalypse
>>
I looked up the way of the four elements path and I gotta say I severely underestimated as just being "lol avatar". It's actually a decent amount of variety for blasting purposes, even if 30 feet is pretty crap for a full power ki beam move.
>>
File: FourElements.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FourElements.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>52566244
For once the homebrew version is better than the PHB.
>>
>>52566244
The problem with W4nk is other than the water whip and some of the other highest level shit most of it isn't worth it since it uses your action, the time you could have spent punching the shit out of something.

And the Sun Soul can throw ki 30 feet for free, gains Burning Hands for ki points, and can even throw a radiant version of Fireball.
>>
new thread >>52566286
>>
File: IMG_6936.jpg (5MB, 2000x2635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6936.jpg
5MB, 2000x2635px
Anyone done the Barber of Silverymoon yet? Looks fun.
>>
>>52563821
You could have multiple Tressyms perform similar to how dogs perform in circuses
>>
>>52564645
Great response, autismo.
10/10, made me laugh.
>>
>>52566195
>If homebrew then the Magus.
stop pushing this shit
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.