[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 61

File: 1487566340164.jpg (135KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487566340164.jpg
135KB, 742x960px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Starter-Spells.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v5b
https://mega.nz/#F!X0pAFZyA!IHfzmw5zLUXvvvsKpUmhTw

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/:
>>52529953
>>
File: 1489812685966.jpg (99KB, 767x563px) Image search: [Google]
1489812685966.jpg
99KB, 767x563px
Druids
Are
GHEY!
>>
File: IMG_0848.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>52536056
>>
UNDEAD PLAYER OPTION WHEN?!
>>
>>52536310
There's a revenant race y'know.
>>
>>52536310
There's options for a Revenant player in the Gothic Horror UA
>>
>>52536326
>>52536338
Revenant doesnt count, it forces you into one personality type.
>>
I'm making a series of homebrewed fighter archetypes for every Plane in both the Inner and Outer Planes. They work off the assumption that you have a tiefling-esque heritage, except with a particular planar power source instead of only fiendish. I've also included dragons and plan on including titans and the Far Realm (beholders/mindflayers) just for some additional inclusion.

I've finished the upper planes except for Ysgard and Arcadia, and I've got all of the lower planes and the astral plane left to do. What abilities would you want to see, and for what planes?
>>
>>52536376
Then just make something up yourself.
>>
I wanna buy TYP but i have a couple questions.
1. Do I run it like a normal adventure, or is it just sample dungeons to put in adventures I make?
2. What level does it take pcs to?
>>
>>52536030
Ideas on making monks somewhat playable.
Pls give input.

Hp/Hit die is a 1d10.
Martial arts reworded to include any melee weapon that doesn't have the heavy or twohanded property.
And the bonus action attack reworded to target an opponent within 5ft of the monk.

Unarmoured changed to 10+Wis mod+proficiency bonus.

Ki features gained at lvl 2 scale up at lvl 10 to include the following:
Flurry of blows deals 3 hits.
Step on the wind grants flight with concentration for 1 minute.
Patient defense lets you use an unarmed attack of opportunity along with the dodge.

Unarmoured movement lets you stand still on any surface at lvl 12 so you don't fall from the cieling once your turn is over.

KI—EMPOWERED STRIKES now includes this line:
As a bonus action you may spend 3 ki to enhance your unarmed strikes further.
For the duration of 1 minute your unarmed strikes deal an additional damage equal to half of your proficiency bonus rounded down.
>>
File: Animetrash.gif (55KB, 578x152px) Image search: [Google]
Animetrash.gif
55KB, 578x152px
>>52536525
Monks don't even fit into classic fantasy, remove them entirely, just like psio, err "mysics".
>>
>>52536607
>muh medieval fantasy

Stop doing that.
Monks are clearly muscle-wizards i.e just another flavour of gish but special in that it doesn't try to cast spells.
>>
>>52536391
Give examples of what you have so far.
>>
When grappling or grappled by some, if an eldritch knight use arcane charge would the person grappled/grappling be teleport with him?
>>
File: stirnerrrrrrr.jpg (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerrrrrrr.jpg
5KB, 200x175px
Suggestions for playing as Max Stirner?
>Chaotic neutral is a spook
>>
>>52536376
Refluff it.
>>
>>52536326
How long does it take a revanent to form?
>>
>>52536437
>1. Do I run it like a normal adventure, or is it just sample dungeons to put in adventures I make?
You can do. It has level ranges for each adventure and the progression seems to have been set up so it can work as an adventure. But you could also just throw them in as dungeons, yes.
>2. What level does it take pcs to?
15 or so, I believe, not counting Tomb.
>>
File: Marriage.jpg (23KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage.jpg
23KB, 366x488px
>>52536030
Anyone has any house rules that they wanna share about Cleric's new UA Spell "Ceremony"? My group thought of some up for the Marriage one. I'm hoping some here might wanna share some ideas while I post mine.

>Marriage:
- The usual effect, but works for all other beings within the "Creature" criteria.
- Changed "once" to "once a year". (most campaigns might not last a year of in-game time, but it's still better than once.)
- Added an "Anniversary" function to it, which lets the same pair have the same +2 AC Marriage buff, +1 per yearly ritual ceremony (caps at +5).
- Added a special rule that depending on the Deity the Cleric works with, Polygamy and Divorcing are added options,
-- Divorcing resets marital status and any future anniversary bonuses with that other person (remarrying keeps it at +2 AC on Anniversary Ceremonies forever)
-- Polygamy grants +1 AC to you and all your harem within a bonus +50 Feet to the standard range from each other (Anniversary caps at +3 for Polygamous Marriages).

So far, I am thinking of how to write on how much more interesting Funeral Rites could be for Married Couples under a Cleric's Deity, or if if they did a heroic sacrifice/some crime/etc within their lifetime that would please/enrage your Cleric's deity. Because to me, all the Ceremonies should have some kind of mutation based on each deity, or am I wrong?
>>
>>52536607
>classic fantasy
What exactly is "classic fantasy"? Why doesn't, say, Journey to the West come under that heading?
>>
>>52536942
I also like how medieval fantasy conveniently ignores the existence of Christian monks.
>>
What's the sweet spot of 5e? If it was around 6-10 in 3.5 (wide possibilities and resources all around), what would it be in 5e?
>>
>>52536911
Sounds gross and OP.
>>
>>52536911
>harem
how about no.
>>
I'm DMing a party of 5 and during character creation they all made monks.

We were going to start with LMoP, but instead I want to homebrew something that is going to be fun with the party composition. Any ideas?

Also, what monsters are immune to stun? There doesn't seem to be many, which is going to be annoying at level 5.
>>
>>52536525
You forgot the most important thing at making monks viable;
>Cure the player of his crippling retardedness and help him through school

Monks are fine.
>>
>>52536030
Is the mega trove not working for anyone else? I was trying to get LMoP but it looks like it's down.
>>
>>52537249
Are you on mobile?
>>
>>52537274
No, I'm using a laptop.
>>
>>52537095
Yeah, I am still working on it. I would just keep Anniversary as more of a repeat Marrage, but with extra resources paid yearly as to keep evidence of a good union.

>>52537135
Polygamy is Polygamy. I am not using that for my campaign, but I just added it there for flavor. That's all up to you. Also, I edited out the rights to having an Anniversary with a Polygamous union. I think the diminished returns for marrying multiple times (once per each character) is expensive enough as is. I also modified it so that Divorce works ONCE, as well. And Marriage under a different deity can be possible, but that depends on the relationship between the current deity and the last deity that made their union happen. Or else, it would be a negative AC gain.

Honestly, this is why I posted this here, I want feedback. And the UA disclaimer does say that we are free to experiment with their published experimental content.
>>
File: 1478809345457.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478809345457.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>52537249
not working for me i'm on a laptop as well
>>
Friendly reminder that short rests lasting an hour makes your games boring as cspan.
>>
>>52537057
A bunch of classes start to feel unique around 11. Fighter gets its 3rd attack, rogue gets reliable talent, warlock gets its 3rd pact slot and mystic arcanum so it finally starts to feel like a capable caster, 6th level spells are the spot where the casters feel sufficiently differentiated and they generally have enough slots to not fall back on cantrips too much
>>
>>52536911
No.

Get rid of the 24 hour bonuses.

Add the following:
- Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
- you are capable of using the help action as a bonus action if the help target is your spouse
- You can sense of the other is in severe danger, provided they know it themselves (like in a battle they are losing, or just a very difficult fight), and you instantly know if they die.
- You gain 1 additional hit die to spend on healing. This hit die is a d12.

Make it have small fluffy and thematic traits, something that makes it have an impact on the game, without being flat boring bonuses.
>>
>>52537342
How so?

We just generally fast forward through them as a "take a breather, get some food and drink, and quickly check up on your hear if the short rest is in a potentially dangerous location. "
>>
>>52537296
mechanically it is fine, but i don't want to give my players meta reasons to be creepy fucks. no magical realm bullshit here, take your harem of fox girls back to pfg.
>>
>>52537358
>- Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
While nice sounding, this shit would break the game.
>>
>>52537380
Most people never take a short rest, because if you can afford to wait an hour, you can afford to wait multiples, in most narratives.
>>
>>52537358
Yes! This is far better! Flat bonuses are really bad, indeed. Dunno why I stuck with the current template. Also, how about penalties with the addition of divorcing and different deities making the union? Because my current plan is trying to break the global mold of the spell's function.
>>
I still haven't wrapped my head around this

Typ
Tomb of horrors
False entrance #2
The sliding block track moves 6 inches per initiative count, until 0 where it closes.

When they trigger the trap - they roll initiative.

How do I factor in movement and time?

If a character has 60 ft movement(dash) and he is 30 feet away, does that mean that if he rolls under 10~ he can't make it and it slams shut?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this so it doesn't sound awkward
>>
>>52537447
>different deities making the union?
And by that I mean, any good/bad things from marrying under a cleric's deity.
>>
File: 1417553958018.png (10KB, 139x188px) Image search: [Google]
1417553958018.png
10KB, 139x188px
Trove is kill again.
>>
>>52537497
Revenant it!
I trust Mega-Anon.
>>
>>52537358
>Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
make it advantage on saving throws against charms while in sight of your partner, or add your proficiency if you already have advantage on it or something.

so a sex god demons shit can still lure you on a bad roll.

also bonus action help is kind of strong and meta defining enough for anyone to get a spouse. but i guess it's fine and shit. the rest is fine, dinner with your spouse heals you a bit more, it's gold.
>>
>>52537446
>Most people never take a short rest, because if you can afford to wait an hour, you can afford to wait multiples, in most narratives.
So because you get a lunch break at work, you sleep 8 hours instead, because if you can afford take a lunch break, you can afford to sleep for 8 hours, right?

Besides, you can inly long rest once per 24 hour, so youd retarded 10 hour days where you sleep 8 hours, adventure for 2, and then repeat ad nausea, would not work.
>>
>>52537525
Would be funny if the spouse was a Succubus in disguise. And by the rules invested in the spell's vanilla form, they keep the bonuses of marriage. You married someone who may or may not haunt you for life!
>>
>>52537474
>until 0 where it closes
i'm assuming it just means that they have to get in in one turn, else they are fucked.
>>
>>52537534
Adventuring as people richer than 99% of the population is a far different environment than working in corporate anon. Your analogy makes no sense.

>>52537534
>Besides, you can inly long rest once per 24 hour, so youd retarded 10 hour days where you sleep 8 hours, adventure for 2, and then repeat ad nausea, would not work.

This is what most people do anon. They fight a bit, blow their wad, rest, roleplay a little downtime activity.
>>
>>52537570
more like getting cucked by game mechanics.
>>
>>52537497
>>52537513
Next time, make a MEGA account, and send it all to your own cloud, instead of downloading it. MEGA's disclaimer and terms say that nothing there is trackable unless the tracker has the link itself. Basically, once they are in your cloud, so long as you don't share your own cloud's content, you should be fine.

>>52537592
And that doesn't make it any less funny! Ha!
>>
>>52536886
Thanks anon :)
>>
>>52537525
Just throwing out ideas. Considering several races and options gain advantage or immunity to charm, I assumed it wasn't a big deal.

I can't remember anyone using the help action in combat before, and most people have a far better use of that bonus action anyway. If you can use it, that would be amazing.

I am GMing 90% of the time, and I'd be all for this kind of help spam between a couple.
>>
Wait, am I reading the Insightful Fighting feature of that gothic UA rogue right? You can sneak attack as a bonus action, attack once more with your regular action?
>>
>>52537135
RAW the marriage spell can be cast on multiple people.
>>52537162
Ettins, Hydras, Revenants, Death Dogs and Bugbear Chiefs have advantage vs stun.
Helmed Horrors and Demiliches are immune.
>>52537444
How many times does the Fey Ancestry advantage on saves vs charm come up for you?
>>52537525
>also bonus action help is kind of strong and meta defining
It's something Mastermind Rogues can do at level 3 and I don't think I've heard many people here talking about that
>>
What would be the best race/class/background combonation to emulate an Indiana Jones-lile character? I was thinking of making a Yuan-ti rogue that hates humans but there must be better ideas.

It's for doing the Yawning Portal adventures im AL so please stick to PHB + 1
>>
>>52537572
But everyone is going to roll above 0
>>
>>52537708
>How many times does the Fey Ancestry advantage on saves vs charm come up for you?
It's not that, it's the amount of spells that auto fail if the target can't be charmed.
>>
>>52537586
>This is what most people do anon. They fight a bit, blow their wad, rest, roleplay a little downtime activity.
And most GMs worth their salt wouldn't allow it. Or they'd start throwing shit at you for being meta gaming little shits.

If you had half a brain, you'd have no trouble keeping enough resources for a full day of adventuring.
>>
>>52537342
You must be/have a shitty DM.
>>
>>52537725
ranger with some scholar background, you need history, arcana and survival at the very least, some sort of ranged option, maybe hand crossbows and a whip.
>>
>>52537744
Not everyone has 60ft movement though.
>>
>>52537744
but how far are they from the door thing?
if they are more than 30 ft away, they can't make it.
>>
>>52536805
halfling rogue with a giant fedora, who consistently makes mis-aligned actions but protests with screeching when called on it
>>
>>52537858
The corridor dead ends 30 feet after the trap.
>>
Since Ceremony doesn't consume the material... does that mean you can create infinite holy water?
>>
>>52537929
>consecrate every vial of water that you come across for free.
>sell each vial for 25 gp
>>
Speaking of the sliding trap in TYP.

This happened yesterday.

Completely derailed and threw me off.

>they are trapped by the sliding block
>try tons of stuff for 30 minutes/2days
>starving
>bag of holding has a mirror of lifetrapping
>holds up to 12 people - they dont age or need to eat drink sleep
>all of them go into the mirror - they etch the command phrase all over the walls

And that was it

How long should they be trapped? Or should they never be found?

Should I just let someone find them almost a million years later in a different setting?
>>
>>52537744
>paladin with 8 Dex
>rolls a natural 1
>>
>>52537993
That is honestly awesome. And come on, it won't take that long for another group of adventurers to go to the Tomb of Horrors, but the problem is that if another group finds the mirror and have time to read the command phrase... Won't that mean that they got trapped by the sliding block too?
>>
File: Yawning_Portal.jpg (35KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
Yawning_Portal.jpg
35KB, 300x296px
Got my Yawning Portal today, man this book is sooooo much prettier in person.

Anyone planning on running some of the adventures in it?

How about running them one after another almost like an adventure path?
>>
>>52537975
And then there are massive stocks of Holy Water which can only be a good thing.
>>
>>52537767
I would say that the charm auto-fails should happen within proximity of your spouse, rendering splitting up a detriment when this passive is gained. Of course, that anon said "while in sight", so blinding awareness can also temporarily break the passive. Being separated from each other can really create drama, you know. Both in-character and meta-wise.

Of course, I'm inclined to use what >>52537525 suggested. The part about having perma-advantage on save rolls for any and all charm types. But! What if we let the charms happen, and would only break if the charm is used against the spouse? Adding proficiency to the charm break save throw with advantage for being married to that target? It will still leave a margin of fail, and it can make "The Power of Love" that big of a hit.
>>
>>52538116
They will get sucked into the mirror too, until it is full

Maybe 300 years - and they have 7 adventurers in there with them.

When they are let out - they are still trapped but with more people and they must fight to get back into the mirror to live.

I'll just roll a d100 to see how long until another group shows up, then dc10 adventuring skill to prop a bar up and stop it.
>>
>>52536525
Non-Elemental Monks are fine. Give Elemental Monks real spell slots.
>>
>>52538147
Alternatively you could allow a spouse to use any action, even a reaction, to auto cleanse the charm, if within 50 yards. Removes all that advantage and whatnot, prevents accidential immunity to effects that it shouldn't work against, but still gives a strong sense of the marriaged couple being faithful to one another of theu just get a quick nudge by their spouse.
>>
>>52537162
Five Deadly Venoms. Convince them to go Lawful Evil. Someone killed their master. It was an inside job to steal the secret of the Venom Strike technique.
>>
>>52538305
I gave them spell points of a EK/AT that follow the ki restriction chart. They can still also spend ki on the disciplines.
>>
>>52538228
What's their level, and do they have any long-living races among them? An elf, dwarf, gnome? If so, they could just wait outside the mirror, as long as they had Goodberry and Create Water. Even a halfling or half-elf might be able to pull this off.
>>
>>52537162
Don't fuck over your entire party of monks by trying to find stun-immune monsters to constantly use.

It's ok to do sometimes, but let them have their gimmick.
>>
>>52538353
2 gnomes no spell casters.
>>
>>52538370
I feel like a lot of DMs immediately try to go for doing that shit. I'd rather have it so that every once in a while there'd be a fight where every monster is immune to just one of the party member's main things, that way everyone gets to feel useful. Unless that's an even dumber idea.
>>
>>52537162
Do any of them have ranged capabilities? Throw a single flying creature with a bow at them and watch them all die.
>>
>>52538370
>gimmick

At some point combat would be "you stun the monster repeatedly and it dies"
>>
>>52536391
>>52536763

Here's what I've got so far - please ignore spelling errors and the text falling off the page at the end.

Several of the archetypes have 9th level spells or approximate equivalents as 18th level features. I figure this is balanced, simply because spellcasting is so powerful but at the same time it shouldn't be limited away to only spellcasting classes when the features are thematically appropriate.
>>
>>52538438
Monks can catch arrows, spears and such then for a ki point throw them back at the target.
>>
Funny DM moments?

>session starts, ended on cliffhanger
>finally face to face with the BBEG
>his tone has always been holier than thou insults
>greets us like we are honored guests
>spiel about us being saviors
>calls us red knights (other groups name) invites us to his feast
>tell him ooc we aren't the red knights
>without missing a beat he contiunesnhis speech welcoming us and saving daughter
>piece of chandelier falls on his head
>back to evil
>"And I am blessed to receive such honored - YOUR SOULS WILL BLEED FOR ETERNITY "

Leslie Nielsen tier bbeg
>>
File: Meepo.png (117KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Meepo.png
117KB, 280x280px
Trove was taken down again by another DMCA.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v6
https://mega.nz/#F!ulIUkIAL!x48TmOGNLnKh1afhIs6Gbw

For the record: these last two takedowns have been from Roll20, not from WotC.

One more and I have to switch to a new account. I've got that set up to go already so there shouldn't be any big downtime if that happens.
>>
>wizards get a healing spell

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>52538633
rip megaanon
>>
>>52538656
My theurgy wizard knows mass heal.
>>
File: 1476152359850.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476152359850.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>52538633
You're a good man, don't let anyone tell you any different.
>>
>>52538454
Luckily Stunning Strike is not an automatic success, and legendary resistance is a thing. The gimmick can be handled without nullifying it.
>>
>>52538633
>Roll20

Wait, so that really was just a faggot troll a few threads ago? I mean I thought he was a faggot and a snitch.
>>
>>52538656
Something something Wizards of the Coast something something not martials.
>>
>>52538743
Well Eldritch Knights can also get that spell now. And Arcane Tricksters.
>>
>>52538566
Your story sounds like something that could be funny but the way you explained it barely makes any sense.
>>
>>52537474
The block starts moving at twenty. At 19 it's six inches from the wall.
One player's initiative count is 16. At this point it's two feet from the wall, leaving 8 feet of hallway unobstructed. He'll probably make it past.
The next player's initiative is 15. The block is 2 1/2 feet from the wall, leaving 7 1/2 feet unobstructed. He'll probably make it too.
The lowest player's initiative is 5. He's only got 2 1/2 feet of space to move through. He's gonna have to squeeze through, which is half speed. If he can't get past where the block is by the end of his turn, initiative will continue counting down and reach zero, at which point the hallway is completely obstructed. If he's still in spaces blocked by the block, he's gonna get crushed to death.

The passage states the block is 10 feet wide, and I'm assuming this is in reference to the hallway (20 initiative counts at 6 inches each count means 10 feet) but I'm not seeing anything that says clearly how long the block is. Is it ten feet wide, meaning the players only have to run ten feet before they're free? Is it fifty feet, blocking the whole tunnel between the entrance and the triggering floor tiles?

Personally, I'd go for fifty. Even small characters with lower movement speed would be able to make it out with a dash, and it's also long enough that if they're having to squeeze they're not gonna make it, unless they figure out a way to block the block.
>>
>>52538656
yeah this ua is trash
>>
>>52538656
you mean the UA elixer thing?

So? It's basically just a health potion. And takes a minute to create. Nowhere near as good as a proper healing spell.
>>
File: sea-stronghold.jpg (510KB, 1050x1350px) Image search: [Google]
sea-stronghold.jpg
510KB, 1050x1350px
>>52538633

Godspeed, megaanon.
>>
>>52538330
Actually, that does sounds better. let the other snap you out. How about making physical contact what auto cleanses (expends 1 bonus action), and any other attempt would have a CHA roll with advantage from the spouse's part?
>>
I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the fact that D&D uses feet for distance and not the shit-tier metric system.
>>
>>52538756
True but the wizard still has far better utility and keeps getting more.
>>
Can a level 7 party of 5 do tomb of horrors?

Doesn't seem to be many tough encounters.
>>
File: death by chocolate.jpg (195KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
death by chocolate.jpg
195KB, 1280x896px
>>52538897
It's more about traps than straight combat. According to Perkins you can do it whenever but higher levels will have a better chance of success.
>>
Redpill me on lizardfolk
>>
>>52538774
Ah, I just looked at the map and the block in fact is ten feet thick, as in long. And someone else mentioned the tunnel continuing on 30 feet after the block, so the difficulty in passing comes from crossing that 30 feet and then the block. I still like the idea of making the block thicker than ten feet.

Also, the map shows the hallway as being 20 feet wide. If the block is only moving six inches each initiative count, it'd only get 10 feet out before count 1. So I guess they meant the block moves 1 foot each initiative count but said six inches, or else I'm totally misunderstanding initiative in a fundamental way.
>>
>>52538872
>Metric system
>Shit tier

Pick one and this is coming from an American. Then again we both know you're just a troll
>>
>>52538393
how worthless, no wonder they are stuck
>>
>>52538944
They control the world government and can shapeshift into politicians
>>
File: Screenshot_20170404-213511.png (530KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170404-213511.png
530KB, 1280x720px
>>52538872
>>
File: cfjkh.jpg (74KB, 780x737px) Image search: [Google]
cfjkh.jpg
74KB, 780x737px
>>52539033
>wanting shitty unwieldy measurements with no real-world applications
Read 1984 and you'll understand.
>>
Just had a thought about third casters (EK and AT) would there be potential in having one that has different Wizard Schools as their main spell list or is there some reason that wouldn't work?
>>
>>52539053
>implying the US army didn't crush resistance consistently throughout the Vietnam War
Read a history book sometimes.
>>
>>52539114
>He he thinks the US won
God DAMN, it must be weird being this ignorant. What, you also think 2+2 = 5?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
>>
Do you automatically fail dex saves like fireball if you are grappled and have 0 speed?
>>
>>52539153
Not our fault those asians are crafty. Can we show the list of all the countries who's asses we kicked?
>>
>>52539081
Well, there's the artificer UA, but I'm not sure if the progression is 1/3 (I think it's more like 1/2) and the spells are themed but not, I think, just one school.
>>
>>52537924
60ft after the trap, not 30.
>>
>>52539153
Not saying the US won retard.
They just left when the bad PR got out of hand.
Come back with a list of all the US vs. Vietnam victories and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>52539201
Grappled condition would specify if that was the case, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I think it wouldn't be insane to give the target and grappler disadvantage in such a save.
>>
>>52539221
It says each tile is 10 feet.

The block has 3 tiles down from it.
>>
>>52539212
I'm thinking of it more as an idea where you can be an EK that doesn't have Evocation and Conjuration and an AT that doesn't have Illusion and Enchantment as where most of their spells have to come from. Maybe even let the player choose which 2 schools they get. The potential problem is the things the Wizard list entails and the reason they're squishy.
>>
>>52539284
*Abjuration, not Conjuration.
>>
>>52539078
Thank you for proving my point
>>
>>52539081
EKs really don't have much of a reason to go for anything but abjuration + maybe something like transmutation for haste
Most of what EK does is use shield and suchlike.

ATs there's a bit more reasoning to letting them do other things, but to both....

You can always choose some spells outside of those schools, so it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>52539315
So you prefer saying the average height of a man is 1.82 meters to 6 feet?

Some people are just beyond help I guess.
>>
>>52539081
Could make it so they can learn spells but it has the same requirements as say training a skill.
>>
>>52538501
lame
>>
>>52539455
Yeah I guess. I really like to gish in anything that would allow it, but with 5e I've never quite found something that really hits my stride, and I've looked at most of them by now, Valor Bards and Bladelocks and Bladesingers and other such things.
>>
>>52539271
Well thats what I get for not double checking the map to count the tiles.
>>
>>52539201
No. You have disadvantage if you are restrained, you automatically fail if you are paralyzed.
>>
>>52538633
did you take the roll20 shit out? what was it?
>>
File: 1491019089026.gif (497KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491019089026.gif
497KB, 320x240px
>>52538656
>mfw
>>
Is Tales of the Yawning Anus any good?
>>
>>52538501
I like the Fey one, there's a character in one of my games that it'd be great for. The others aren't bad either.
>>
What's your favorite cantrip or spell from the new UA?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12670701
>>
>>52539665
I think it's pretty damn great, if for no other reason than I can pick out individual DMing tricks.
>lower power monsters- half hp, half xp, minus 2 on relevant modifiers
>group strength checks- a block with enough room for four people to push can be moved if their total strength score is 48
>neat martial arts npc Stat block that's definitely going to get use
and just generally being a handy way to get an understanding of older modules
>>
File: 1486031799749.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1486031799749.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>52539706
healing elixir
>>
File: volcano-07.jpg (253KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
volcano-07.jpg
253KB, 1920x1200px
>>52538135
Running White Plume Mountain. Just have to have a session to set it up/journey there.
Changing the Sphinx riddle and the Flesh Golem puzzle, to prevent cheating. Doubling the Super-Tetanus damage per turn.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.831406039_kvjx.jpg (356KB, 1500x1304px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.831406039_kvjx.jpg
356KB, 1500x1304px
Does anyone have any experience with making magic items? I want to make a magic item built with my group's fighter in mind, which is an amulet which will magically affix itself to his hammer and give him an ability equivalent to a paladin smite spell.

I'm aiming to have the characters be fourth level by the time they get out of the dungeon. I've never made a magic item before, I'm not sure how often i should allow it to be used. I was thinking every short rest he'd regain the ability to use it.
>>
>>52539758
Is in the trove for download?
>>
>>52539801
It sure is, be sure to search the thread for trove v6 because older ones are having issues
>>
>>52539793
What kind of cheating would happen? You think your players have read the adventure?
>>
>>52536607
What really baffles me is that this is an Undertale gif. I'm having trouble imagining what kind of person would make it.
>>
>>52539798
Generally magic items don't work around short / long rests. Either you can do something at will, or once, or a certain number of times determined by charges, and then it recharges every dawn (some items recharge at midnight). Which smite spell are you talking about?
>>
So we have Rangers and Paladins as the Druidic/Nature and Divine half-casters, but there's no Arcane half-caster. That might be the gish I'm looking for.
>>
>>52539841
If they are older than 30 sure they did. I am 33 and played Return to White Plume Mountain when I was a teen.
>>
>>52539798
How often will mostly depend on how much damage you are going to let the ability do. If you're going to make it a higher strength smite then I'd say every long rest, but if it's gonna be just a low level one for a little extra damage then every short wouldn't kill it.

The other question is do you want it to scale as they level, like extra attack, as they get higher in level it can do more damage or be used more than once.
>>
>>52539871
Ah yes was that the one where you go back to the boiling lake with the giant bubble and the gigantic crab was now a zombie?
>>
>>52539865
The fire one. I'm at work so i can't look up it's name.
>>
>>52539871
Fair enough, those parts of adventures are always the easiest/best parts to change up anyway. The flesh golem puzzle as written is particularly lame.
>>
Just give him a new hammer that deals extra radiant damage to evil creatures or something and can cast the light cantrip or something.
>>
>>52539922
humans are technically flesh golems
>>
>>52539903
Yes. You may "resurrect" Keraptis as a newborn at the end and also every single spell scroll in the dungeon could download Keraptis personality into your mind.
>>
>>52539841
Possibly. I've got a 3.PF dude who is memorizing monster stats, so I toss a lot of third party or homebrew stuff in. He thinks that stuff is imbalanced, but no PC has died yet. Minus the Paladin's dog to an explosion.

Also, shifting puzzles is usually a good precaution. The rest is mainly problem solving/jury rigging in the adventure, so I am not too worried about spoiling that.

Spoiler for White Plume Mountain
First riddle makes no sense if there is no moon in the setting.
>>
>>52539498
Paladin-sorcerers are pretty neat.
>>
File: 1491140176238.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491140176238.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>>52539999
>Minus the Paladin's dog to an explosion.
>>
>>52538656
Times like this I wish I didn't play in Adventurers League games. A Wizard with Healing Elixir seems super helpful.

Oh it's the end of the day and we're having a safe long rest? I burn all of my remaining spell slots to make a half dozen 2d4+2 potions and proceed to distribute them to the party.
>>
File: 1442318585815.png (1MB, 734x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1442318585815.png
1MB, 734x1000px
Good water-themed spells for 1st and 2nd level?
>>
>>52540097
1st and 2nd level WHAT?
>>
>>52540055
Something like that might be better than me trying to figure out how to make up an Arcane Half Caster. Though Eldritch Knight 10/Wizard 10 might get close to such an idea. The problem with letting such ideas float in space is it makes it hard to see potential downsides.
>>
>>52539907
Searing Smite, I assume? That's not too powerful, then. You could say the amulet has 3 charges and it regains all expended charges every morning. Or 5 charges and it regains 1d4+1 charges. Would be cool if it could later unlock a new spell, say, Aganazzar's Scorcher would be cool.
>>
>>52540118
Anything, i'm doing a dragonmark-type thing
>>
>>52540074
Darkfolk man. They are way more fun if you play them as CE dudes. Actual murder hobos that are allergic to light.

>When they die they emit all the light that has touched them over their lives
>The older ones are bigger and explode in fire when they die
>>
So I want to make an evil, sentient weapon.

Not "haha" evil. Like turn the players stomach evil.

It's a dagger. If it kills or is stabbed into a being, it transmutes their body into a martial weapon. It becomes +1/2/3 based on how powerful the victim is, and has a Han Solo Carbonite imprint. This transformation lasts based on how powerful the being is.

It will openly lie about its origin and purpose, if it's not fed - characters that sleep near it will be exhausted and find that they were bled in their sleep.

Also some other benefits
>>
>>52540137
PC level, or spell level.
>>
>>52540210
Prepare to do some heavy RP to sell that thing the way you mean it to be, because otherwise your players are just gonna cheese the shit out of it
>>
>>52540273
I'm hoping that if they feed it enough it turns into a warforged like being and goes around consuming life - and creating/enslaving minions and becomcing a BBEG
>>
What procedure is necessary to make the material component of the Plane Shift spell? Does/should it have any other properties?
>>
>>52540210
Blood Drinker
A sentient sword/dagger whatever that contains the soul of a slain vampire. Whispers into the mind of the wielder urging him towards more and more heinous acts. Likes to be sheathed in the vaginas of prostitutes. Craves the blood of children.
>>
>>52539999
>a 3.PF dude who is memorizing monster stats, so I toss a lot of third party or homebrew stuff in. He thinks that stuff is imbalanced
Jesus, I know this pain. Do they bitch about how 5e has no options, then makes the same character for every new game? Or excuse all the bloat of those editions by saying you just have to restrict half the options?
Do they say they "miss feeling powerful" like in those games and otherwise completely miss the point of bounded accuracy and condensed skill lists? This is what my 3.pf players do.
>>
>>52540233
yes
>>
File: wine-glass-resonance.jpg (28KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
wine-glass-resonance.jpg
28KB, 640x427px
>>52540343
The metal rod should be a tuning fork. Find the resonant frequency of the plane you are on.

Finding a wizard college or a good lab should help you build that. Once you find out the resonant frequency of a plane, you have some serious magical power. Kind of a true name situation, but with more destructive potential.

>>52540433
Fuck you.
>>
>>52540399
I remember talking to a Pathfinder player. They were asking me why 5e doesn't have monsters bigger than Colossal. Because they like to go through space fighting monsters the size of the planets.

Same person a different time asked if Pathfinder ever made a statblock for Azathoth so they could try to kill it since Cthulhu had one.
>>
>>52540399
No, but they min max. Every session starts with a 5 minute rant about the latest character build he made/found on the internet. You have to interrupt him to get him to stop, but once he gets into the game, he is one of the better role players. He does all this mechanical prep in between sessions.

Only person I trust to run a CE character and not tear the party or the plot apart. Chill dude, just likes his numbers a bit too much for my taste. Loves to metagame.
>>
>>52537792
Nah, I just don't contort the plot to bend around the rules, and would rather contort the rules to bend around the plot, and how my players play.

Sorry your DM/you is/are shit.
>>
>>52540399
Having never played 3.pf, I feel like 5e has no options, is very low powered, and bounded accuracy is messed up as implemented. It's a good edition anon, but it isn't without obvious flaws.
>>
>>52540601
kys
>>
>>52540601
The actual percepted problem is most or all of 5e's options work, not that there aren't enough. 3 .PF gave you so many options... that are fucking unusable. Expect you to optimize or fail. End up going to fucking laughable scales. They were far more flawed. There is a reason things are the way they are and 5e is a success.
>>
I JUST WANT TO PLAY A MONK AND A HAVE A GOOD TIME BEING USEFUL, why IS THAT SO HARD
>>
>>52540669
weebs don't deserve satisfaction
>>
>>52540601
Is this a copypasta?

If not, I am genuinely curious as to how
>bounded accuracy is messed up as implemented

>>52540669
Don't try to DPS. Try to scout. In combat you GO FAST.
>>
>>52540683
weebs play pathfinder
>>
>>52536310
Vampires in Plane Shift: Zendikar
>>
>>52540669
My monk player has gone down to 0 more than any other character I think, I feel bad for him. But he just hit level 7 and is about to head into some real dungeon shit so we'll see if he's still behind the curve.
>>
File: wizward.jpg (31KB, 481x481px) Image search: [Google]
wizward.jpg
31KB, 481x481px
not-so-anon that donated the Beyond Damage Dice pdf
I didn't get to reply in the last thread because it died before I got there but everything looks fine, I haven't to the best of my knowledge been banned from Kobold Press or emailed by anyone besides the mega anon

but outside of all of that, How did you guys feel about Tales from the Yawning Portal, and what other adventure supplements are actually worth purchasing?
>>
>>52540711
They aren't undead. It's specifically said they aren't. They have an STD.
>>
>>52540705
weebs play monks
>spits on the ground
>>
>>52538135
I want to run them all for my group because they seem to like combat/exploration over social things, so dungeons it is.
>>
>>52540720
pure shit
>>
>>52540720
CoS and YP I think definitely, OotA very probably, SKT haven't looked closely enough, the rest you're probably alright not having.
>>
>>52538633
as someone else was saying, if i import the trove to my mega and they take you down, it should remain with me, right?
>>
>>
>>52540669
You should fight like a rogue except your shitstick is to stun things instead of killing them with sneak attack.

But seriously Monks lack 2 things.
Feat support for their weapons which are unarmed strikes, onehanded weapons and versatile weapons.
And a way to boost their damage output like fighters and barbarians who get this through fighting styles and rage.
>>
>>52540791
>>52540791
>>52540791
>>52540791
>>
Uff.. liks are down.. =(
>>
>>52538135
They have tips for each adventure to justify it for several settings, if you're big on that. You could run it as the bar being a quest hub, or else the bartender telling stories and each adventure has its own party of characters.
>>
>>52540748
What didn't you like about it specifically?>>52540776
I'm gonna be ordering Out of the Abyss, and Storm Kings thunder next, a buddy of mine already owns Curse of Strahd and he wants me to modify it so he can play it with our group
>>
>>52540720
I think tales is pretty cool. Even if I never run it, it's got plenty of inspiration inside. As for other adventures, Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder are good. Out of the Abyss is alright. The dragon ones are avoid at all costs.

Are there any other good adventures on the third party side? Place like DM's guild and the likes.
>>
>>52540233
It's obviously spell level.
>>
>>52540720
Princes of the Apocalypse is written in such a way that it doesn't make any sense.

The information to run it is all there, just not where you expect it.

Do not buy.
>>
>>52540669
You have two options from core, shadow monk for the stealth scout/infiltrator type or open hand for more cc. Either option focus more on being mobile and locking down ranged enemies, take the feats that play to that another one is mage slayer to help combat spellcasters. If you want to do the Wot4E you better make sure your DM let's you use the third party one because other than that it's hot garbage.

Play to the strength of the class and you can be useful.
>>
>>52540646
I wouldn't even say most or all of 5e's options work. There are definite tiers, it's just there are fewer things in those tiers, and the differences between a higher tier and a lower tier are less extreme.

I don't mind the idea of tiers. That's how things will always be: the guy who mains janitor is going to have a harder time generally succeeding than the guy who mains billionaire demagogue. The cool thing about RPGs with tier lists is that we as a group can choose to play within tiers together, rather than forcing the janitor to play with the demagogue.

>>52540701
>bounded accuracy

Bounded Accuracy is, like everything else in 5e, a good idea implemented poorly. Bounded Accuracy currently allows for virtually unbeatable AC and virtually unbeatable grapple checks, due to the stacking bonuses built into the system. Both of these can trivialize the combat portion of the game, which is not a good result.

To a lesser degree, rogues and bards can trivialize skill checks/exploration as well, thanks to how their bonuses work within the bounded accuracy system.

Finally, for the players that aren't setting out to abuse the system, they lost something with bounded accuracy. Having enemies be virtually untouchable at the start, and then later being able to consistently beat on them is a very good feeling. I liken it to playing morrowind for the first time, dying to daedra in an area shouldn't be in, and then a hundred hours later you invade that ruin with half the island's loot on your back and blow through it. It's great!

If I were implementing bounded accuracy, I would try to compromise these goals, and have bounded accuracy tiers. Within tiers, threats and challenges wouldn't appreciably increase in AC or Skill DC. But between tiers there would be a large spike in those values, and players fighting monsters or tackling challenges above their tiers would have a hard time getting past the AC/DC. 3 tiers would do.
>>
>>52540781
It stays with you. That's how I make backups for when my account is taken down.

>>52539516
The trove has Roll20's tokens and art in it.

But no, I won't remove it, because fuck it.
>>
>>52539474
the average height of a man is 5.6 ft or 5ft 7.2inches?

even starting with the fact you need two units of measurements to make a consistent measurement in imperial is kind of very fucking stupid, 67.2 inch and 5.6 ft are not descriptive and people can't even tell how decimals of feet or multiples of inches without working out the conversion.

178 cm or 1.78 m or 1780 mm or 0.00178 km, pretty easy if you as me.
>>
>>52540838
Literally went over this in thread, megaanon's account got DMCA'd again. Ctrl+f "v6' and you'll get the new trove.
>>
>>52540915
>3 tiers would do.
Sounds like 4e.
>>
mega is down. Anyone have a re up?
>>
>>52540927
I don't think anyone cares about Roll20 art or tokens. Like no one. When you post in the thread and say "Just added such-and-such Roll20 tokens to the mega" no one replies. Was the mega constantly getting taken down before you added that stuff? Just remove it. It's the pdfs people want.
>>
>>52539948

Technically humans are not Flesh Golems.
>>
File: thinkfire.png (11KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkfire.png
11KB, 112x112px
I'm having a creature be tied to the door of one of my player's rooms while he is asleep with a note attached (in a language he cant speak) asking him to return this pet to a specific address.

What kind of pet would a Dryad Queen have?
>>
>>52540956
>>52540953
Well shit, I'd delete this if I could
>>
>>52540987
delete your life
>>
>>52540097
1st level: Arms of Hadar (tentacles), Speak with Animals (use it on aquatic animals)

2nd level: Wall of Water, Water Breathing
>>
>>52540985
Dire squirrel.
>>
>>52540954
I've played a little bit of 4e and didn't mind it. 3 tiers just seems natural to me.
>>
>>52540961

Man I like the nice 'not C+P from a scanned book' version of all the maps for the roll20 5e shit though.
>>
File: vdpdWhpcIrtTi.gif (296KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
vdpdWhpcIrtTi.gif
296KB, 500x281px
>>52539948
>>52540972
>>
>>52540097
Create or Destroy Water is also first level, and Shape Water is a cantrip
>>
>Prestidigitation
>You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.
So my wizard could make the image of a person's face in his hand? Suppose he's telling someone to meet a contact and he shows them their face so they can recognize them?

Also you can use the cantrip to clean yourself and your clothes, right? Like basically you just had a bath/got your clothes laundered clean?

>>52541030
Make the Mega with the pdfs, and make the Roll20 mega with that shit in it, so we don't constantly lose the books?
>>
>>52541083
You can clean things with Prestidigitation yes. You can also soil things with them. Someone annoys you? Make it look like they shit their pants.

Because we have no sense of right or wrong.
>>
>>52540363
>Likes to be sheathed in the vaginas of prostitutes.
well, i mean...
>>
>>52541083
Depends on your DM. Bad dms have incredibly specific definitions of Trinket that just so happen to exclude you from doing anything useful with Prestidigitation, because in their eyes, having a cantrip be useful for things other than damaging goblins would break the game.
>>
>>52540985
Faerie dragon
Tressym
Kelpie
Myconid sprout
>>
>>52540985
The only pets a Dryad Queen will be taking are PCs bound and gagged in gimp suits.
>>
>>52541136
He asked for pets, not what your magical realm is
>>
What is the best spell in the recent UA?

Is it just me, or can you pick which die roll to use for Chaos Bolt's damage type AFTER you have rolled them?

>On a hit, the target takes 2d8 damage.
>Choose one of the d8s.
>The number it rolled determines the type of damage,
as shown below.
>>
File: 1417823719483.jpg (82KB, 710x820px) Image search: [Google]
1417823719483.jpg
82KB, 710x820px
>>52536030
How would you go about creating a character who revolves mostly or at least somewhat around making, laying, and setting traps, /tg/?
No homebrew bullshit, restrict your options to the released books, adventures, and UAs.

I'd say arcane trickster with battlefiled control spells and alarming wards who spends downtime constructing hunting traps and uses invisible servant to string nets up in trees under cover of darkness. Also collecting caltrops, ball bearings, tanglefoot bags, and venomous insects in jars. Definitely a ranged character, I think. Rock Gnome might be a good race pick, both for flavor and because a suspiciously placed music box in a dungeon is guaranteed to lure guards and monsters into an ambush.
>>
>>52541166
healing elixir
>>
>>52541008
>>52541134

I like these, but lets see if this changes any suggestions.

The Dryad seeks to protect her small kingdom and surrounding forest by constructing something like a Chimera. So one head would be a, say, dire squirrel, for example. What about the other heads? A Faerie Dragon head?
>>
File: hold-all-these-limes.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hold-all-these-limes.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
does anyone have a document or some shit that lists all archetypes/races/backrounds from core/sword coast/UA? just so i know where i can fucking find them?
pic related, why can't i hold all these suppliments
>>
>>52541233
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/backgrounds.html
>>
Low level PCs want a magic weapon, what can I do besides make a boring +1 Sword?
>>
>>52541233
>>52540822
>>
Just got my copy of Tales from the Yawning Portal. I may be a lowly threeaboo, but jesus Tomb of Horrors is bad. It's so dumbed down in difficulty it isn't even funny
>>
>>52541254
Berserker Axe
>>
>>52541254
Look in DMG for cool magic weapons
>>
>>52541254
What's the party composition?

>>52541262
>complaining about something being dumbed down
>in 5e
>>
>>52541166
Looks like it. "Rolled" is in the past tense.
>>
>>52541294
Barbarian, Ranger, Warlock, Druid
>>
>>52541254
I gave my Paladin a Sword of Decapitation.

It's a +1 Greatsword but if you kill somebody with it the sword forces you to swing for their neck, if they have one. It was actually valuable in one dungeon because there were undead that could only be killed by damaging their skulls, which were etched with magic runes.
>>
>>52540945
>not descriptive and people can't even tell how decimals of feet or multiples of inches without working out the conversion.
They can. Quite easily, in fact. Because it's what they've been using their whole life.

>178 cm or 1.78 m or 1780 mm or 0.00178 km, pretty easy if you as me.
Simply because you've been using it your whole life. Base 10 is completely arbitrary and doesn't make any more sense than base 2 or base 16. But I'm willing to wager you'd find base 16 just as silly to you as imperial.

I do agree that imperial units for the same thing having different bases is silly. But I also find metric annoying and unwieldy for liquid volumes (milk, baking, etc).
>>
>>52541310
haha
>>
>>52541221
She has a pet rust monster to corrode the axes of lumberjacks and weapons of hostile warriors. Give it the spider climb ability for improved arboreal living.
>>
>>52541254
sentient +1 dagger that exclusively talks in fart jokes
>>
>>52541254
Make a weapon which mimics part of a feat.
>>
>>52541175
Ranger/Rogue
Take snare. Trap everything.
>>
>>52541294
I knew it would be bad but this exceeded my expectations
>>
>>52541166
You choose the die to use for damage type after you roll for damage.
>>
>>52541260
>>52541250
thank you very much, i only quickly skimmed the thread without looking too, since i didn't expect it to be anywhere
>>
>>52541310
Okay, so you want to give them all a magic item, or just one? And what areas does the party excel in/suck in?
>>
File: 61237310.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
61237310.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>52541262

>All pits (except where noted to the contrary) throughout the Tomb are 10' deep and concealed by a counter-weighted trap door which opens as soon as any person steps on it. Thrusting with force upon these traps with a pole will reveal them 4 in 6 (d6, 1-4). Those who step upon a pit lid will have a base 100% of falling, modified downwards by 1 % per point of dexterity through 12, and 2% for each point above 12, i.e. dexterity of 13 = 14% chance of not falling into a pit, dexterity of 14 = 16%, 15 = 18%, 16 = 20%, 17 = 22%, and 18 dexterity = 24% chance of not going in. At the bottom of each pit are 5 iron spikes coated with poison. Roll d6 to determine how many spikes wound the victim: 1, 2, and 3 meaning that number of spikes have wounded the victim, 4-6 equal NONE HAVE WOUNDED the character. Each spike causes 1-6 hit points of damage, and the victim must make a saving throw versus poison for each spike which wounds him of her. Any failure means the victim is killed by the poison.
>>
>>52541318
the thing is that metric is automatically more consistent because every single base is base ten, you don't need to ever struggle about how many feet were in a mile, when you could compare measurements in metric, without knowing the unit of measurement and still get your calculation right.

or why thermodynamics with imperial is fucking stupid, needing a billion different conversion factors for pounds, slugs, psia, btu, etc.
>>
>>52539053
Also countries that who put a man on the moon.
>>
>>52541262
>>52541310

Remember, Tomb of Horrors has no recommended level for the party.

As you are running it, if you feel it is too easy, just crank up the damage from the traps.

The ethereal/astral - > Demon trigger should be guaranteed and constant, though.

DCs seem tough enough already.

>>52541356
Just steal something from somewhere else. +X items are always boring, no matter the system.
>>
>>52541453
Huh. I love the idea of a dangerous trap, but I don't like the idea of a trap that I have to break out a spreadsheet to remember all the various probabilities on.
>>
>>52539053
This map is incomplete, believe it or not there are countries besides the US who use imperial. Also I'm sure there must have been some other country who lost a war against the Vietnamese.
>>
/5eg/ can you help me with artificers? I'm trying to figure out whether I want to make a gunsmith or an alchemist. Also, which of the magic items have the coolest, most useful effects? Can the constructs be healed if they get damaged?
>>
I just can't get into the hardcover campaigns. Knowing that most of the story is already written, most of the events are pre-ordained, and that my character is along for the ride just like thousands of characters before him prevents me from any feeling any real investment at all.

Anyone else feel similarly about the hardcovers? I've got a competent DM that enjoys running them, and he does a great job, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm having a CYOA novel read to me with a few rounds of combat thrown in to mask it.
>>
>>52540915
Is this what people actually believe?
>>
How would you guys price a magic item that is a free action to activate or deactivate and allows the user 10 rounds/dawn of haste+zephyr strike (with only the movement boost from zephyr) and causes the loss of turn from haste if you use the last round for the day? I'm thinking that it would probably be a rare.
>>
>>52541653
no
>>
>>52541514

Could ditch the family friendly poison rules in 5e and just say its a save or die poison in the traps. Makes them deadly but still gives you a chance by avoiding the trap and/or saving to not fall in.

>>52541642

If you roll an initiative of 1 or 2 your dead. Since at 2 its only 6" from the wall so you probably can't get past it and at 1 it is already closed.
>>
v6 sadly already down
>>
>>52541787
delete the roll20 shit
>>
>>52541787
Jesus
>>
Quick question here: what kind of Monster would likely kidnap someone and ask a ransom back?

preferably low level.
>>
>>52541656

Closer to legendary brovsky
>>
>>52541761
Wait. The hallway is 20 feet across. The door must be sliding 1 foot per initiative count in order to cross that gap. 3.33 feet per second, not 1.66 feet per second.
>>
>>52541787
jeez that was quick. any chance on a re-up or mirror?
>>
>>52541840
Any monster with Int>8 and capable of speaking common
>>
>>52541840
Does it need to be one monster? Goblins or kobolds might do that.
>>
File: goblins_mardu.jpg (77KB, 700x441px) Image search: [Google]
goblins_mardu.jpg
77KB, 700x441px
>>52541840
goblins
>>
>>52541840
Man.
>>
Thinking of making an Orc paladin with 6 Int. What level of hurrr is 6 Int? How do I roleplay it?
>>
>>52541938
retarded
>>
File: i hate this.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
i hate this.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>52538633
The trove has been taken down again due to another DMCA from Roll20. Considering the timespan between the new trove going up and now (just a few hours), I don't doubt that Roll20 has an eye on this thread.

There's no real solution to this either, despite people saying to take off the Roll20 stuff. Even if I did, Roll20 could just as easily DMCA it again and I have no grounds to dispute that as there is infringing material on there from WotC as well.

This is the last time I am going to be making a mirror for the next few days. I suggest importing it to your own Mega account in the meantime. Once this goes down, I'm going to wait a bit before making another one. No guarantee this one will last long, as the account associated with it is up to 3 DMCA strikes already.

https://mega.nz/#F!Xw5w0ZoL!rUHMXrZg37fLLW5loLo5rg
>>
>>52541938
He has ca 2/3 of the intelect of a normal person. 6 Is about as low int as humans go I would say (without being real potato retards)
>>
>>52541938
Well if we can take Int as x10 for IQ, and 10 Int is average human, thus 100 IQ, and 70 IQ or 7 Int is Retarded... Then just be yourself.
>>
>>52541950
>There's no real solution to this either, despite people saying to take off the Roll20 stuff. Even if I did, Roll20 could just as easily DMCA it again and I have no grounds to dispute that as there is infringing material on there from WotC as well.
That's stupid
Why would they care

Just Fucking Delete It
>>
File: 1411317449170.gif (1016KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411317449170.gif
1016KB, 350x250px
where do you guys get battle maps for roll20 and/or what is the easiest mapping tool to learn?
>>
>>52541856

Seems you discovered a flaw in their trap/map designs. It does indeed say it moved at 6" per initiative count, though it doesn't say what initiative count to start on.
>>
>>52541938
An ape has 6 Int. Your paladin will be flinging feces at enemies.
>>
>>52541906
No it doesn't have to be 1 monster. I'm thinking about a scenario for an introduction campaign for a 1 player. i search Something able to sneak in a small town and kidnapping a marchand.
>>
File: kizunaaidesu.jpg (106KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
kizunaaidesu.jpg
106KB, 1279x720px
>>52537342
>Your short rests don't last 8 hours
>>
>>52542006

map threads on /tg/, google, deviantart, paizo forums, reddit

Mapping tool? just steal maps
>>
>>52541850
The boots of speed are a rare giving 10 mins of most of what the spells do with no downside per day. What makes this really difficult is that winged boots are an uncommon with fly being a 3rd level spell.
>>
File: 1480105888286.jpg (231KB, 986x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480105888286.jpg
231KB, 986x1200px
>>52541950
My two cents is that you should delete the Roll20 stuff and see what happens. In any case, thanks for your work and your service to /5eg/.
>>
>>52542060
Boots of speed is not haste in 5e it just gives movement :(
>>
>>52541938
Just fucking don't.

Extra-low-int characters are overdone and not interesting. You might as well turn your character into the party pet and go down to buy everybody snacks while your character is played by the DM.
>>
>>52542085
Speed and the disadvantage on AoO for 10 mins/day. Winged boots last way longer than fly at half the speed. It's kind of confusing when building a custom magic item going off shit like that, if there's a section in the DMG for it I'm having trouble finding it which wouldn't surprise me.
>>
One of my players wants some sort of edgelord "Demon Touched" ability that makes him glow when demons are nearby. The other players are fine with it as long as there's some kind of drawback to it. Here's what I'm thinking
>You know the general location and size of demons within 200ft of you, as indicated by your burning scars.
>When you come within 15ft of a demon whose CR is higher than your level, you must succeed a DC 15 Charisma saving throw or become incapacitated for 1 minute.
>You may repeat the saving throw at the end of each of your turns, ending the effect on a success. Upon a successful save, you become immune to this effect for 24 hours.

Too wordy? I was thinking that instead I could just simplify it and give him his glow-sense and a flat disadvantage to saving throws against demon abilities.
>>
We are at trove v7?
>>
File: Glowingsting2.png (151KB, 468x273px) Image search: [Google]
Glowingsting2.png
151KB, 468x273px
>>52542147
Glowing is edgy now?
>>
Is it true that most options in 5e work pretty well? Or is that hyperbole?
>>
>>52542213
It slightly is. But its not like in 3.pf where more than half of the options you might as well have anchored your ass to failure and mediocrity.
>>
>>52541175
>How would you go about creating a character who revolves mostly or at least somewhat around making, laying, and setting traps, /tg/?
You'd need a DM that allows you to do this first of all.
I've never had one that didn't say "Room, enemis, fight" every encounter.
>>
>>52542147
Guts, he wants to be Guts.

Also seems like a decent drawback depending on his stats.
>>
>>52542180
It's not the glowing, rather the backstory. He wants the character to be covered in scars that glow fiery red and exude a smoky mist in the presence of demons. His eyes do the same thing.
>>
File: 1490933681675.png (156KB, 342x276px) Image search: [Google]
1490933681675.png
156KB, 342x276px
>>52541950
>tfw due to this being uploaded saved it all to my cloud drive, including the roll20 stuff
>Not going to get retribution for it, can easily share with friends

>>52542147
Instead you should really just go for disadvantage against demon abilities instead of 'you might just go unconscious from being near them'.
>>
>>52542147
Instead of incapacitated, make it frightened. Incapacitation is too heavy a penalty.

Also cut the range to about 60 feet maximum. 200 is farther than the best darkvision, and it well outstrips divine sense.
>>
File: IMG_5582.jpg (221KB, 743x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5582.jpg
221KB, 743x1000px
>>52541950
As of now I have everything I need off of it and also thank you for your service.
>>
>>52541938
You'd be significantly less inteligent than an Awakened Tree.
And also an Orc. Goodness me.

But you can go for it. 8 INT is not as bad as every one else is making it out to be. You're basically illiterate, a little out of touch with facts, but not opinions, and you're not very good at gauging odds, but not a retard at all.

It could be pretty interesting on a Paladin actually
>>
>>52542255
You know that is excessive. I would be fine with ONE Scar that hurts when they're around like Harry Potter. Or he gets a weird smoke coming out of his nose like Danny Phantom.

But covered in scars and smoking? Come on.
>>
>>52542300
I meant 6 INT, by the way

You're literally just 10% less likely to succeed on any inteligence challenge the average person will struggle with

You'll also be as intelligent as your Mount for Find Steed. That'd be cute
>>
>>52542147
How about demons know where he is and go straight for him in combat.
>>
>>52542303
>>52542255
just make him blare like a siren and shout "BEWARE; DEMONS" at the top of his voice for 30 seconds
>>
I'm planning on a reocurring merchant NPC who is actually a planes-travelling demon. His stock is going to include items from every plane, but I need some ideas as to what.
Can be mundane trinkets or powerful weapons
>>
I have no will to live and D&D is the only reason I force myself to live. What is wrong with me why haven't I offed my self yet
>>
>>52541938
Watch how Grog is played, although sometimes he's a little too smart.
>>
>>52542334
GRIFFITH
GGGRRRRRIIIIFFFIIIITTTHHHHHH
>>
>>52542360
Who's Grog?
>>
>>52542355
Do it. Reroll a Diviner Wizard Manlet with a Lucky Feat and find out.
>>
>>52542375
A character on Critical Role.
>>
>>52542347
The soul of an elf princess who is willing to do ANYTHING if you get her a vessel.

Kidding.

But seriously, something magical that proves useful but makes them feel wrong and it turns out its powered by a soul.
>>
>>52540732
Monks play your mom
>>
>>52541950
You're a good man Mega-Anon, and everyone's favourite in every /5eg/.
>>
>>52542375
A drunkard Goliath barbarian with a passion for wanton destruction and whores.
>>
>>52541950
It wouldn't hurt to try putting it up without the Roll20 shit.
>>
>>52542375
This guy gets it >>52542398
Alot of spergs on here loose it over CR so I avoid mentioning it normally. It's a bunch of voice actors playing 5e with Matt Mercer as DM.
>>
>>52542436
It could help if they did that, but I'm getting the funny feeling Roll20 doesn't give a shit if its there or not.
>>
>>52542327
So basically, that well meaning Jock stereotype, who is really into football, but also into his Youth Group, is really outgoing and finds people who need to validate themselves by bullying others to be dicks.
>>
>>52542347
For mundane just make up trinkets like pieces of rock only on that plane made into a necklace or ring. As for better just have it be items with a theme from that plane ie a flame sword from the elemental planes of fire.
>>
>>52542449
Well, Grog and Scanlan (better yet, Sam and Travis) are the only saving graces of that show

Tg will cut you a break to show them respect
>>
>>52542409
you mf
>>
>>52542501
>Sam and Travis are the only saving graces of that show

That is exactly how I feel, I guess Liam has gotten better but it's still meh. Mostly enjoyed his rivalry with Grog more than anything.
>>
>>52541514
It's a base 100% to fall in. In 5e, a DC for a saving throw that's basically 100% unpassable would be 35, barring certain class features that may or may not exist that I can't think of. If in the old version having (max?) dex brings it down to about 75%, in 5e a character with max dex and assuming highest proficiency would fail a DC 26 about 75% of the time, if my math is any good at all, but it probably isnt.
>>
>>52540509
Most adventurers roleplay CE perfectly without intending to; amoral, self-serving, don't like being told what to do or following rules, willing to torture and murder to get what they want. It's just when they TRY to RP a CE character shit gets dicey.
>>
>>52541938
centre of the negro bell curve
>>
>>52541950
I'm just going to download all the Roll20 stuff. Not because I use it, just to spite them.
>>
>>52539706
>ceremony's on top
EXPLAAAIN
>>
>>52542375
I just now realized this guy I was playing with copied a character straight from this series. Jesus Christ that's fucking lame.
>>
>>52542579
>a DC for a saving throw that's basically 100% unpassable would be 35, barring certain class features that may or may not exist that I can't think of.

With Bard Shenanigans (And maybe a Stone of Good Luck), Glibness and Guidance on a Expertise Persuasion Check cannot roll lower than 35. (Or higher than 54)
>>
>>52540985
Some magical form of forest animal
My personal choice would be dire badger.
>>
>>52542449
Ironically I (the one you said gets it) just finished watching the most recent episode of crit role. It's really good as long as you remember that these people are professional VAs not gamers so it'll more or less be your standard game but really well acted which makes it a good watch so long as you enjoy being part of the average play group.
>>
>>52542663
Copied how much of it?
>>
>>52540985

A Wood Pecker, if she's single
>>
>>52538944
They are dope as fuck dood
>>
>>52540985
If you want to be mean, a goose. For true evil make it a dire goose.
>>
File: 1488314077645.jpg (24KB, 297x303px) Image search: [Google]
1488314077645.jpg
24KB, 297x303px
>>52541950
Many thanks, friend.
>>
>>52539706
The new spells are neato but I think Warlock should also get Chaos Bolt.
>>
>>52542758
Fucking geese man. I remember when I was a kid I was told if a bunch of geese were on the sidewalk by the river when I was biking just turn the fuck back around.
>>
File: 1422957564169.jpg (32KB, 387x302px) Image search: [Google]
1422957564169.jpg
32KB, 387x302px
>not downloading everything to your hard drive/USB stick
It's like 5 gigs, guys. If everyone gets it, then guess what? No one can stop fuckers from just dumping it on Google Drive or file hosting sites whenever someone needs bits and pieces. I did the same with the Codex: Unearthed Arcana before Wizards got to it, and that worked out great.
>>
Tg, feedback me on this houserule

I give humanoid races with certain backgrounds the type of creature they represent for purposes of Favored Enemy
Elves therefore count as Fey, Tiefling as Fiend, Genasi as Elementals, Aasimar as Celestials, Dragonborn as Dragons, Lizardfolk and Gnomes as monstrosities and so on
(Ontop of Humanoid)

Is that ruling stupid in some way that I don't see yet?
>>
File: woke.jpg (246KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
woke.jpg
246KB, 600x522px
>>52542758
question man here, im doing this.

what if she constructs a goose hydra to siege those who dare think of harming her forest?
>>
>>52542811
umm yea it doesn't make sense
but do as you want
>>
>>52542673
Saving throw DC.
>>
>>52541950
I wish I had a free hard drive to dump all of this on. Getting one first thing tomorrow
>>
>>52542695
It's a good start point for people atleast trying to get into D&D, easier to see it played than just read. Also it's entertaining to see Sam try and troll the party just subtly enough that they can't really call hin out on it and Mercer's world building in response to the party's decisions.
>>
File: Heeeeeeeeeeel yeah.jpg (59KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
Heeeeeeeeeeel yeah.jpg
59KB, 398x500px
>>52541950
You do great things for this board sir. Thank you for doing this hard job.
>>
>>52542794
I agree but I think wizards or at least evocation wizards should get it and a number of the spells should also be available for certain types of clerics, paladins, and druids based on their domains but then again I think domains should give domain spells and access to a few extra from off list.

>>52542855
Mercer's world building isn't the main reason why I've stuck with it but it's damn close.
>>
File: 1417464968377.png (81KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
1417464968377.png
81KB, 409x406px
>>52541950
Thanks for doing us all a solid for so long, you glorious motherfucker.

This is good, though, because even if the takedowns continue nothing will be really lost; anyone who uses these files regularly should get their own copy of the trove going, just in case.

Thaks again, our group is reliant on these.
>>
>>52536030
So is anyone uploading it again?
>>
>>52542841
They qualify as the thing of their ancestry as well as humanoid.
Like with Half-Dragons.

I don't know, I run a very Humanoid centered campaign, and if felt like one way to keep the Rangers relevant.
>>
>>52542803
>I did the same with the Codex: Unearthed Arcana before Wizards got to it,
What? They really DMCA'd something that's publicly and legally available on their own site? Christ. Copyright fuckery is so retarded now.
>>
>>52542811
Why? Just so rangers aren't unique?
>>
anyone here ever play dnd online with randos?
>>
>>52542147
Why not just make it so that the demons get the exact same thing for him. So they know where you are as well, and how tough you are. And for the smaller ones, this makes him a prime target. For the larger ones, he's good for turning into a small waypoint trapped in a cage.
>>
>>52542913
>Copyright fuckery is so retarded now

Yeah I always thought some of the stuff was dumb and then I learned that you don't have to defend a copyright from the 'littlest thing' to keep it. That's Trademarks. Started pissing me off for the shit VG companies pull.
>>
>>52542915
So that Rangers can apply Favored Enemy on more creatures

It's just that we've come to a point where we're starting to see a lot of Hallow, Protection from Evil and Good, Detect Evil and Good and Banishing Smites, and all these spells that rely on these types of creatures, and it's gone fine so far, but I'm paranoid something is going to bite me in the ass.
>>
>>52542796
Geese are concentrated evil, I attempted to feed one once, but instead of eating the food it fucking bit me. But we later had it for dinner on MÃ¥rten's so it had a happy ending at least.

>>52542831
Glad to be of service.
>>
>>52542794
>>52542894
Fuck both of you. Chaos Bolt is LITERALLY the first and only sorcerer-exclusive spell.
>>
>>52542811
I don't agree with your houserule but I'm more wondering why lizardfold and especially gnomes count as monstrosities. What did gnomes ever do to you?
>>
>>52542970
Lizardfolk, Assimir (however you spell it), and Minotaur should instead count as beast imo
>>
>>52542970
They keep fucking sneaking into my bedroom at night stealing my underwear and fucking with my shoes.
>>
>>52542970
There has never been a good gnome outside of gnomes that are just smaller dwarfs in character.

Almost every single person plays them as either WoW-gnomes, smaller dwarfs, halflings or insane.
>>
What's a good load of equipment to buy for 200 gold?

Also, casting spells while berserking because of a berserking gun-wand-spell-thing, bullshit or not?
>>
>>52542962
I remember when I found out Wizards don't get Fire Storm. I was honestly surprised the Sorcerer could get anything as nice as a 7th Level Spell (and Fire Storm is awesome). But then, Druids and Clerics can have it too.
>>
>>52542912
I mean, types don't exist in the RP world of the game, it's a gameplay designation that is used when determining how the game works. Tieflings are humanoids, not fiends. Elves are humanoids, not fey. etc. A fey is something from the feywild, a fiend is something from the nine hells or abyss or w/e. It's not meant that PC's have this tag. But it's your game, you can do what you want. But it doesn't make sense.
>>
Is there anyway to download the megatrove straight onto a flashdrive, or do I have to manually move it from my downloads folder to my flash
>>
>>52542958
Are you using the PHB ranger? Cause the revised ranger (the one that should be played) can choose humanoids as one of their favored enemies, and it counts for ALL humanoids.

It doesn't make sense that elves count as fey, tieflings as fiend, etc, because those are separate types of creatures. Tielflings can't be banished to Hell just because of their heritage. But on the other hand humanoids are the most susceptible to stuff like Hold Person and Dominate Person, which come much earlier than the version types.
>>
File: 1422325539772.gif (969KB, 450x276px) Image search: [Google]
1422325539772.gif
969KB, 450x276px
>>52543006
10 Ball Bearing Bags: 10 gp
2 10 ft chains: 10 gp
Crowbar: 2 gp
2 Grappling Hooks: 4 gp
Healer's Kit: 5 gp
Tymora Holy Symbol: 5 gp
10 Manacles: 20 gp
10 oil flasks: 1 gp
100 pitons: 5 gp
50 ft rope: 1 gp
50 bars of soap: 1 gp
10 Empty Vials: 10 gp
10 Steel Mirrors: 50 gp
Iron Pot: 2 gp
Cooking Utensils: 1 gp
50 Bread loafs: 1 gp
10 Cheese Wheels: 1 gp
Meat: 10 gp
50 pounds of salt: 1 gp
10 barrels: 20 gp
100 chalk pieces: 1 gp
5 Waterskins: 1 gp
1 lb Cinnamon: 2 gp
Hammer: 1 gp
Portable Ram: 4 gp
10 Telescoping ladders: 1 sp
5 block and tackles: 5 gp
100 candles: 1 gp
Bullseye Lantern: 10 gp
1 ink bottle: 10 gp
Fishing Tackle: 1 gp
4 2-person Tents: 8 gp
8 bedrolls: 8 gp
10 whetstones: 1 sp
Total: 212.2 gp
>>
>>52543040
>>
>>52542962
I'm not sure sorcerers should get their own spells but they definitely need a full class overhaul which should probably include spells that only specific archetypes (sorcerer and others, mostly divine casters) have access to. Most of the "unique" spells for sorcerer should definitely be well above 1st level.

>>52543005
I've had a few good gnomes but they were played as either being very misanthropic, just short people, or uncaring masters of their profession (crafting or magic).
>>
File: NOT sharpest tool in the shed.png (84KB, 296x221px) Image search: [Google]
NOT sharpest tool in the shed.png
84KB, 296x221px
>>52543068
I am being serious. I am rather stupid.
>>
>>52542929
I played a few sessions on roll20 with a group of total strangers (except the DM, who I've known for years). No idea how many of them were people he knew before hand and how many were 100% randos. It wasn't too bad.
>>52542993
Minotaur and Lizardfolk, maybe. But why would Aasimar, who are literally just humans with some celestial power, count as beasts?
>>52543006
>casting spells while berserking because of a berserking gun-wand-spell-thing, bullshit or not?
Not really bullshit unless it ignores concentration. Kinda pointless though.
>>
>>52542894
>>52542794
See now Chaos Bolt is literally a Sorcerer exclusive spell. It's like giving the Wizard all those unique Warlock spell because "They fit my character", it damages class identity.

I personally think there should be more spells that only appear on one classes spell list. If Wizard can get everyone's spells then there's no point to playing anything but a Wizard because they can have a much more diverse list of spells and gain better abilities.
>>
>>52542912
The way to keep a ranger relevant in a humanoid-centered game is for the ranger to take humanoid as a favored enemy, isn't it?

>>52542993
If we're going by origin/ancestry minotaurs should be fiends. Why bestial aasimar though?
>>
>>52543059
O-overencumbered.
>>
>>52542913
C&D at the original guy.
Should have gone Anon.
Also, I have made 3 disposable MEGA accounts with the trove. For when they are needed.
>>
>>52543100
Just my druid got disintergrated by sorceror because of the berserker curse.
>>
>>52543137
>Just my druid got disintergrated by sorceror
owned like a bitch
>>
>>52543096
a) Set your browser to use your flash drive as the default download folder.
b) Set your browser to ask location everytime you download something.
>>
>>52543012
>>52543073
Sorcerers get a handful of spells that wizards don't (Fire Storm and Earthquake come to mind), but they have had no exclusive spell so far. Every other spellcasting class in the game has exclusives, even Bards have 4. Just something that kind of irks me, since I'm really fond of sorcerers. If I DM'd for a sorcerer I'd give them the chance to develop their own spells.
>>
>warlock with Grappler feat and Eldritch Invocation: Ascendant Step
>grapple and restrain target
>Continuously Levitate yourself up a large distance
>release grapple
Yay/nay?
>>
>>52542642
It's great for fluff, especially when you consider clerics don't have to prepare it every day. They can prepare it for the occasion.

Sure, you could do those ceremonies before, but there was little driving force and nobody to say 'Yes, you can do this', especially with magical blessings.
>>
>>52543116
Donkey or mule: 8 gp
Cart: 15 gp
Pack Sadle: 5 gp
50 days worth of feed: 1gp

Total: 29 gp
Store excess in barrels.
>>
>>52543157
Think of if Wish was Sorcerer only. I mean, you can technically argue the Wizard doesn't need it as much since they Prepare instead of Know.
>>
>>52542716
All of it, except for the excellent roleplaying. That was completely absent and was turned into "hurr I throw things I very strong"
The name was even Grog.
>>
>>52543163
Why not just get a class that learns Levitate?

Or if you're going all the way to level 9, might as well just go bard, expertise on Athletics and then enjoy you +24 Bigby's Hand vs Cutting Words to grapple
>>
File: 1491056147100.jpg (140KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491056147100.jpg
140KB, 657x527px
Anyone nhave problems with hostile DMs? Is like okay we accomplished somethign now he'sll FUCK us and have us grovel in the dirt before him
>>
File: Zuthar is pleased.jpg (22KB, 258x326px) Image search: [Google]
Zuthar is pleased.jpg
22KB, 258x326px
>>52543150
Thank you
>>
>>52543116
>Barbarian
>Likely bear for 2x carry capacity, and has a shit load of strength anyway
>>
>>52543104
My issue with sorcerer exclusives is that flavor-wise and logically other classes like warlock and the divine casters should have access due to the source of their power. Wizard exclusives make sense (at least without a 9 level casting artificer or something similar) because they are learned casters which means that their methods are fundamentally different and can have different effects, that would mostly amount to things more along the lines of fabricate than anything earthshaking.
>>
>>52543204
Was thinking of warlock for the Eldritch Invocation, which grants Levitate "at will," for chain casting Levitate and ridiculously long drops.
>>
>>52540669
ha ha
https://pastebin.com/DQhcKGep
>>
>>52543220
Paladin, actually.
>>
>>52543157
>>52543190

I remember Pathfinder had a Limited Wish. It was a 7th Level Spell that could copy any spell 6th Level or lower. So basically it's exactly as the name said. I mean it had a lot of retarded specifics otherwise but this is 5e. That could make a nice Sorcerer spell. Especially since its a lot more likely to actually come into play.
>>
>>52541653
Yes.
>>
>>52538774
Now why does "initiative count" start at 20?

Initiative can go all the way past 30

Where is "initiative count" defined?
>>
>>52543190
I'd totally rule it that way, honestly. That is, if I knew the wizard players weren't gonna sperg out on me even though it's a spell none of them would ever get anyway.
>>
>>52543260
As a boy who plays a wizard I would LOVE to have a limited wish at 7th level. I could cast heal! Hahah
>throws up spells of all classes and laugh to the heavens as they all rain down one my nude body
>>
>>52543257
>Paladin, actually
Then what's all this stuff about berserking?
>>
>>52543260
Yeah, which is why everyone says Lore Wizard should have been a sorcerer sub class

>>52543283
It doesn't. It means "This thing happens when Initiative count is at twenty", as in "this lair action has an Initiative of 20"
>>
>>52543225
>classes like warlock and the divine casters should have access due to the source of their power.

I kinda agree for some casters but I'm not seeing what they have to do with Warlocks at all.

They really should emphasise that the magic is something that comes from a powerful creatures direct racial powers, rather then being something gifted to you by a creature.

One option I could see happening after Chaos Bolt is a series of spells which are like a Chromatic Orb for other spells. Sure a Fireball where you can choose the damage type is powerful, but it'd help balance out the lack of choices the Sorcerer gets and make all Elemental options just as good as Fire and Cold are.
>>
So the new puppet spell is great for sending enemies hurtling to their doom off of cliffs, right?
>>
>>52543299
>Berserking =/= raging.
>See Axe of the Berserker
Another PC had a Berserker Gun, which he used to fire off a Disintergrate at another PC, killing them basically.
>>
>>52543326
Yep RAW it is. Some people are saying it's not RAI but as far as I'm concerned it's not the OP even if it is a powerful choice.
>>
>>52536805
If you're in a setting like Forgottne Realms, Chaotic Neutral is most definitely not a spook.
>>
>>52542036
I tried that for about half a campaign. It sucked.
>>
>>52543295
The Wizard has the least right of anyone to sperg about not getting something.

I can see how the justification could work fluff wise even. A Sorcerer is literally magic in a living form. So they could go 'Hey reality I need you to do me a solid and let me do THIS.' While a Wizard can cram spells far into his receptacle already and has no dire need for 'a spell that is other spells.'
>>
>>52543326
Compared to dissonant whispers:

+Great for putting enemies into hazardous areas
+Disarms enemy
-Deals no damage
-Humanoids only
-No opportunity attacks

It's a solid level 1 spell, but it's by no means the one spell to rule them all.
>>
>>52543163
Nay, because it requires strength on a warlock, and 9 levels of warlock before you can hop out to a class more suited to grappling, like barbarian or bard.

Much easier to just be an aarakocra, plus you're moving 50 feet upwards a turn instead of 20.
>>
>>52543225
>Warlock and other divine sources should have access to a spell that screams wild magic incarnate.
Nah.
>>
>>52543394
We need a level 1 spell that lets you roll a Wild Surge. I think there was one in an older edition that did that actually.
>>
>>52543204
>+24 Bigby's Hand
How? You use the hand's Strength score to resolve the grapple, not your Athletics.

>>52543225
>sorcerers are literally suffused with raw magic, the ones most deeply connected with the Weave or whatever
>but they can't have exclusive spells because wizards are nerds
>>
>>52543414
Wild magic surge, but all effects count the target as the caster
>>
>>52543206
No because one I'm currently the DM and two there is a reason I am currently the DM. Fuck you Josh your story was stupid and killing back story NPCs with "rocks fall, they die" is a hack move.
>>
>>52543439
I'd allow it at my table. Another option would be allowing them to do it for 1-2 Sorcery Points. Let them try to actually use chaotic magic for something.
>>
>>52543431

You use your Athletics proficency, and the hands hand

So you put on +16. I have no idea how I got to +24, though it's pretty functionally achievable once you factor in Cutting Words, and Self Inspiration.
>>
>>52543479
Suddenly, you are praying for the fireball, instead of against it.
>>
>>52543485
>You use your Athletics proficency, and the hands hand
It doesn't work that way. The spell doesn't mention anything about your Athletics proficiency.
>>
>>52543304
Does the stone block shift at 20,19,18,17,16 etc etc

OR

does it shift just when a player has a turn
>>
So how does the spell Darkness work really? I'm a little fuzzy on sight rules and wondering how to abuse the fact I can cast it for 1 Sorcery Point.
>>
Bigby's Hand is the best spell on earth. I've used it to:
>punch a dragon in the face
>give a nasty giant a handjob to calm him down
>slap Tiamat
>I've rode it down a mountain
>I've grabbed 400 niggas with it
>high fived a Cloud Giant
>I farted and went to brush it away while the spell was active and destroyed a house
>give sign language to a shit load of drow
>catch a fireball like a baseball player
>wield a tree like a baseball bat
>swat a gigantic fly
>wield a sword that had Enlarge cast on it
>throw a halfling over a wall
>pick up and throw boulders
>pickpocket a giant
>used the hand as a bridge
>push a ship
>after losing a debate, I grabbed the guy with it and threw him in the ocean
>>
>>52543260
>Retarded specifics

I remember Limited WIsh's retarded specifics. If it was an opposition school (remember that bullshit?) it had to be 5th Level or lower, not 6th, and if it wasn't a Wizard or Sorcerer Spell it had to be 4th or lower. If it had a component cost of over 1,000 GP it still needed to have it.

'Limited' was the right word.
>>
>>52543485
Nope. I told you NO yesterday you dumb cunt.

Bigby's Hand's make Strength checks with a +8 modifier due to it's Strength score.

AND THAT'S FUCKING IT
>>
>>52543550
i mean it creates a zone of magical darkness. like a giant void of shadow
>>
>>52543578
So it's like anti-light? People are completely blinded in it right?
>>
>>52543532

Well, say someone rolls initiate 26, 18, 9 and 2

The rock shifts between the turns of the person who rolled 26 and the one who rolled 18
>>
>>52543309
Archfiend is fire based so it would give that sort of stuff as well as more fiend aligned spells, great old one giving access to more mentally based magic, etc. It would give minimal extra spells beyond what's listed but it would give some.

>>52543394
>>52543431
I said that the sorcerer should share the spells (many of which should be power specific) with warlocks and divine casters based on their patron/domain/circle. Sorcerers should have general access to the "raw magic" spells with the higher level ones being limited by origin while other classes have a very limited selection of them based entirely off of their power source. In essence it would be an expansion of every non-wizard spell list with sorcerers getting the most and warlocks the least.
>>
>>52543528
It says "you make the check, using the Hand's strength"

Your check, your proficiency baby.
>>
>>52543596
unless they have the warlock invocation, yes
normal darkvision cant see in magical darkness
so cast it on a point, like a doorway
then fire arrows into it or something
or cast it on yourself and RUN NIGGA
>>
>>52541950
Make the roll20 in a separate mega?
>>
>>52543550
If against people without devil's sight / blindsight / truesight / tremorsense / etc (not darkvision), then:

Those without any of the above suffer no advantage or disadvantage no matter what, whether they're attacking those outside of the darkness or attacking someone inside the darkness or attacking someone also in the darkness.

You know where everybody within the darkness is unless they take the hide action.

If you or a creature have one of the above senses, you or the creature have advantage against those outside when you're inside the darkness or those inside the darkness, and they have disadvantage on attacks against you.

You cannot use spells against people you cannot see (regardless of if they're hidden or not) if it says you must have line of sight to the target.
>>
>>52543598
So desu ne. So the more players the more swiftly the rock will move

I have 7 players, kek
>>
>>52543605
This actually brings up a question for anyone who's played a Warlock here. I've never seen one played and I'm wondering how often do they even get to cast spells?

I couldn't see myself not casting Hex at least once per short rest so maybe that's just me.
>>
>>52543573
First time I discuss this here darling. Maybe you're wronger than you think

Even if you couldn't add your Proficency (you can) you can still
A) Add Jack of All Trades
B) Add Inspiration / Cutting Words

It's really a barrage of benefits
>>
>>52543596
Some spells can look through it, but it's rare.
>>
>>52543641
>>52543659
So if I cast it on myself I have Advantage on attack rolls against pretty much all creatures and become very hard to hit. I now know why Shadow Sorcerer keeps being called OP.
>>
Made a book of vile darkness, here's the properties I rolled.

While attuned, IAC +2
While attuned, +1 AC
While attuned, you can't be charmed or frightened

While attuned, 0 CR creatures and plant life all die and wither within 10 feet of you
While attuned to the artifact, you are blinded when you are more than 10 feet away from it.
While attuned to the artifact, you are deafened when you are more than 10 feet away from it.
While attuned to the artifact, you can 't smell.

When you become attuned to the artifact, there is
a 10 percent chance that you attract the attention
of a god that sends an avatar to wrest the artifact
from you. The avatar has the same alignment as its
creator and the statistics of an empyrean (see the
Monster Manual). Once it obtains the artifact, the
>>
File: lennart.jpg (26KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
lennart.jpg
26KB, 426x282px
Best familiar?
>>
>>52543695
what no
>>
>>52543654
A) Nope, it's the Hand not you making the check
B) Nope, Bardic Inspiration can only be given to a creature other than yourself (the Hand is an object)/Yep, Cutting Word's is fine to use
>>
>>52543619
You notice how it specifically mentions that the enemy gets to make a Strength (Athletics) check, and that you only get to make a Strength check? There's a reason for that.

You notice how whenever any rule calls for a Strength (Athletics) check, like grappling or shoving, it says that it calls for a Strength (Athletics) check, and not just a Strength check? There's a reason for that.

Since we're talking about a bard though, you do get to add half your proficiency bonus thanks to Jack of all Trades.
>>
>>52543703
Owl.
>>
>>52543703
qt sprite waifu
>>
File: Owl thing.png (11KB, 404x341px) Image search: [Google]
Owl thing.png
11KB, 404x341px
>>52543703
>>
>>52543716
I am very smart and would like to arbitrate your dispute. Which aspect of the hand are you arguing?
>>
>>52543651
I play one although we're only level 8 right now (9 next session probably). I usually use one spell per LR but that's mostly because we typically get a rest between every encounter although we still take an SR after each fight. I could easily use all of them but due to lucky rolls, spell choice, and having enough meat shields I don't. Most warlocks from what I've heard usually burn through all of them over the course of a fight which is about right given how most SR abilities work.
>>
>>52543703
Gazer.
>>
>>52543712
He's describing Shadow Sorcerer, so it does work like that, so long as he's casting Darkness using his sorcery points and not his spell slots.
>>
>>52543702
What is IAC?
>>
I'd like some opinions on an idea I've been batting around in my head. The idea revolves around the Warlock invocation Voice of the Chain Master, particularly the part where it says "you can...perceive through your familiar's senses..."

I'm not really sure what to make of it except that it means, rather than using an action to sense through you familiar (and blinding yourself in the process), it's simply always on, you just get more eyes and ears and olfactory senses and whatever. The second part of the idea involved using it with a crab familiar inside a Fog Cloud. Since the crab has blindsight, I assume that it would mean you could use the crab's senses inside the Fog Cloud to keep yourself from suffering from the blind condition, but I'm not sure if it's legitimate. So I'd like other people's input on the issue.
>>
>>52543703
None because familiars are fucking cheating.
>>
>>52543771
oh
>>
>>52543703
Whichever of the choices is best for the situation you have ten minutes to prepare for.

Combat wise, if your DM rules you and your familiar go on the same initiative then
>>52543719
Otherwise just make use of fly/swim/burrow speeds.
>>
>>52543752
Party A says that when you make a Strength check for Bigby's hand, you get to add your Athletics proficiency because all Strength checks are always Strength (Athletics) checks all the time.

Party B says that's retarded.
>>
>>52543695
Pretty much.

However, warlocks can already do that themselves.

What's different is the sorcerer can do darkness for half the cost of a level 1 spell and they also get that bullshit not-dying ability.
>>
>>52543774
oh woops Improved ability score ASI, Ability score improvement.
>>
>>52543703

Standard Rules:
Owl for Flyby
Cranium Rat for telepathy
Tressym for Invisibility Sniffing

Variant
Crawling Claw for Flavor

Warlock Rules
Faerie Dragon for utility
Imp if your DM roleplays your companions
Quickling for Gotta Go Fast
Gazer for trippy senses
>>
>>52543703
Owl for non-warlocks, sprite for warlocks.
>>
>>52543810
Hold the fuck on
With pact of the chain you can get a gazer or a quickling as familiar?
>>
>>52543804
Cool. I'd love to see an empyrean attack the players though
>>
File: 1476725343683.jpg (35KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1476725343683.jpg
35KB, 500x372px
>>52543782
>>
>>52543832
No.
>>
>>52543832
You know it always bothered me that Archfey and Fiend Chainlocks had specific examples of improved familiars but with Great Old Ones they were like 'I dunno lol' and with Volo's came Gazers, and a variant for a Gazer Familiar.
>>
>>52543793
Ok my thoughts: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ejZHMkBbRP

tldr: Party B is correct
>>
>>52543832

>>52543832

They're Tiny and CR 1 or less, so by the rules, yes.

Quicklings and Boggles are both familiar legal

Gazer was basically made for exactly the purpose of finally giving the GOO warlock of a distinct familiar
>>
The number of people saying Owl for Flyby makes me wonder

How many people in here have their familiar go at the same initiative as their player?

By standard rule if you're using them to deliver a touch with differing initiatives you're losing concentration holding the touch spell and burning yours and the familiars reaction.

If you're using it to help your martials do melee with advantage do your DMs rule 'even though it just flew close and then away again, they still grant advantage'?

Owl seems best only when you're abusing Familiars and bending rules.
>>
File: 9bf.png (62KB, 479x404px) Image search: [Google]
9bf.png
62KB, 479x404px
>>52543885
>They're Tiny and CR 1 or less, so by the rules, yes.
Could you give me the book and exact page where it says this? I thought those were for wizard/warlock npcs
>>
>>52543900
>touch attack
>fly close then fly away again still grant advantage

Yes. That is a legitimate use of the Help action.
>>
>>52543900
>If you're using it to help your martials do melee with advantage do your DMs rule 'even though it just flew close and then away again, they still grant advantage'?

Yeah, because a round is all happening in six seconds.
In real time, it just came down, went CAW CAW and before you could regroup from flying away the rogue just punched you in the gonads
>>
>>52536437
You can also check it out in the Mega before purchasing
>>
>>52543885
>They're Tiny and CR 1 or less, so by the rules, yes.
No, you're either imagining reading that or making stuff up. Neither the Find Familiar spell nor the Pact of the Chain mentions a CR or size rule. In both cases the effect gives a small, discrete list of available familiars.
>>
File: 1365637442219.jpg (97KB, 694x448px) Image search: [Google]
1365637442219.jpg
97KB, 694x448px
>>52543560
>gave a giant a handjob

Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't awkward for the rest of your group at all.
>>
>>52543951
you homophobic fuckbag
>>
>>52543782
elaborate
>>
>>52543900
The part of Find Familiar that lets your familiar cast touch spells doesn't require your concentration. It also doesn't require you to use your reaction, only the familiar has to do that.

And yeah, the Help thing is legit.
>>
>>52543975
>homophobic
What if the character and player are female?
Also it's awkwardly close to erp.
>>
>>52537296
Polyamory is implicit to the spell (or rather, monogamy isn't) and it already gives more mechanical benefit to marriage you ever should have gotten (that is, none)

What else do you want?
>>
>>52536437
>1. Do I run it like a normal adventure, or is it just sample dungeons to put in adventures I make?
You can do either.

>2. What level does it take pcs to?
The second-to-last adventure takes you to level 14, then you enter the Tomb of Horrors. Not sure what level you pop out as on the other side of the tomb if you make it.
>>
>>52544010
i, a male, used it to jack off a male giant
you homophobic fuckpail
>>
>>52543949
>discrete list of available familiars.
You mean, a list of suggestions for familiars. The only qualifier for the Wizard spell is that it has to be a beast. It's why later books expand Wizard familiar options, such as the Cranium Rat and the Tressym

The Monster Manual rule on familiars comes with many options, including up to any Tiny creature, on CR limit involved. It also leaves up to DM to have role play to allow the acquisition of a familiar and its respective services without use of the spell at all.
>>
>>52543975
>assuming a wizard as to be a man
>assuming the giant was a man

You sexist/transphobic fuckbag
>>
File: FoxitReader_2017-04-04_21-02-45.png (98KB, 364x137px) Image search: [Google]
FoxitReader_2017-04-04_21-02-45.png
98KB, 364x137px
>>52543885
>>52543926
>>52543949
I think these are meant for NPCs (VoGtM pg 213)
>>
>>52544036
Buddy it would've been just as awkward if you used it to finger a female giant
>>
Libshits please go.
>>
File: cat depression.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
cat depression.png
68KB, 500x380px
Following some advice from another file sharer, I'm going to try running the Mega trove off a link shortener. If this works I can maintain the trove at the same URL without it having to be changed.

I can't link to it directly, but replacing the space with a dot is easy enough.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove (replace space with dot)
bit do/5egtrove
>>
>>52544056
I wouldn't do that
Women aren't to be treated as sexual objects
Instead I'd blow her head off with a fireball
>>
>>52543949
Right, and the Gazer didn't exist yet. But for Chainlocks there were Imps, Pseudodragons, Quasits, and Sprites. Imps and Quasits are CR 1, Pseudodragons and Sprites are CR 1/4, And Gazers are CR 1/2. By a system that didn't exactly get updated due to Volo's new monsters that have Familiar rules it would be fine.
>>
>>52542642
It's like thaumaturgy or druidcraft for clerics, or other priestly characters. Largely flavor, just for fun, even if I think most of the options have mechanical benefits.
Imagine an AT getting ceremony (if he can, not sure) to supplement a priest disguise. Hilarity.
>>
>>52544048

>he doesn't have a familiar Velociraptor

Anon, I'm so sorry for you
>>
>>52544071
DELETE THE ROLL20 SHIT RETARD
>>
>>52544000
If the owl familiar is never near the target of the touch during your turn though (because it only flies to, then away from on its) to ever cast the touch on the enemy through the owl you'd have to cast it on your turn, hold the charge (taking your concentration), then on the owls turn cast (as a reaction) when it gets close enough in touch range.

The above is specific to my confusion and is what makes me question the cost of Owls use for delivering touch attacks.

As far as the help thing goes, that's DM discretion I guess.
>>
Last session was last Sunday. Character death. Next session is Wed. Week and a half.

His next character isn't ready and I've offered him 3 times to help him make it. He's bailed on me once when we were going to hang out and drink and do it.

Tomorrow he's probably going to want to make his character right before or during the session, which I won't help with. He wants to make a mystic.

He's the most energetic and looks forward to it the most during the week, talking about it, never late, and stays the latest. Yet, he has no interest what so ever in the game itself - frequently tuning out or raging silently when things go wrong. He doesn't read anything about the rules and I constantly have to remind him about things like using misty step as a reaction to dodge attacks, trying to get 'casts of opportunity' when people just walk up to him, and trying to cheat his 2 spell slots.

I'm really perplexed at this guy, anyone experience someone similar? What makes this guy tick and how do I get him to be more ... conscious? of the game
>>
>>52544117
>misty step as a reaction to dodge attacks
It's a bonus action so, no.
>>
>>52544039
>You gain the service of a familiar, a spirit that takes an animal form you choose - bat, cat, crab, frog (toad), hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider, or weasel. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is a celestial, fey or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast.
It doesn't say anything about it being a suggestion or that the caster can pick other beasts. By vanilla rules, it's this list and this list only. I'm not arguing against your right to rule otherwise, but if you say you're referencing the "rules", you're incorrect.

The Monster Manual "rule" on familiars is just a bunch of different sidebars saying that if someone encounters one of these monsters, they might be able to form a pact with them. It's open-ended DM-purview stuff, nothing to do with Pact of the Chain or any other explicitly-granted PC option.

>>52544078
I agree, it would probably be fine, but trying to argue that it's "in the rules" isn't correct by any means. It sounds like something that someone with a better grasp of the rules than his DM would use to get stuff that's not in the book.
>>
>>52544058
They're just pretending, makes it extra funny and not terrible at all.
>>
>>52544117
Don't let him be mystic as its very complicated also shit
>>
>>52544012
Nothing, really. But it is good that they gave us a template to work with, even if it is experimental and not final. I do like the things said in:

>>52537358
>>52537525
>>52538147
>>52538330

And that's if used exclusively for a monogamous union, or else, it would break all sorts of things. Still, we should be free to change and give feedback, because the flat, temporary, "once ever" conditions are pretty much something... supremely situational. I would also say that the conditions mentioned could be unlocked as a function if the Cleric gets access to higher spell levels. Which can justify what is said. Maybe at 5th Level?
>>
>>52544105
>If the owl familiar is never near the target of the touch during your turn though (because it only flies to, then away from on its) to ever cast the touch on the enemy through the owl you'd have to cast it on your turn, hold the charge (taking your concentration), then on the owls turn cast (as a reaction) when it gets close enough in touch range.
You could do that, or you could just have the owl near the guy on your turn.

>>52544105
>As far as the help thing goes, that's DM discretion I guess.
Everything is DM discretion, but familiars using the Help action is both RAW and RAI.
>>
>>52544149
It's also literally the only thing that a Great Old One Pact of The Chain Warlock could get that matches them. I honestly would just let them have it. The fact that the rules don't explicitly say its fine might be because they just didn't really think about it.
>>
>>52544172

>Leaving the 1 HP owl in melee range of anything, ever

This strike me as a bad idea.
>>
>>52544117
There is nothing you can do to jolt an observer class player out of observer mode. They will act like they love the game, talk about it, theorize the plot, but they will never, ever play anything other than combat. They will not RP, or RP poorly. They will kill what they are pointed at, feel proud and part of the group, and keep taking a space up that a fun player could take.

But hey. At least you have an Observer Class instead of a Ruler Class or a Berserker Class. They won't actively hurt the game.
>>
Could I cast Green Flame Blade and use the natural weapons from Alter Self for it?
>>
>>52536030
Mega Trove link is broken
>>
>>52544219
roll20 keeps taking it down
>>
>>52543283
You're right, I think I just arbitrarily picked twenty. I guess for the example, then got lost in the example I was setting up. When the trap says top of initiative, that would be whatever the highest initiative rolled was, rather than twenty.
>>
>>52544190
And this makes me realize that in one of my campaigns I'm an Observer class in a lot of situations because my character (for good reason) hates or doesn't care about most of the party but can't ditch them. In combat or adventuring it's fine but once we get to downtime I'm only interacting with most of them if they seek me out and then I'm trying to get them gone ASAP.
>>
>>52544207
I'd say so. Natural weapons are considered a weapon attack. As far as I know, only unarmed strikes from non-monks don't qualify.

I'm trying to create a statblock for a Nymph, for reasons. Should I just modify the Dryad, or try to convert the 3.5 Nymph? How should Blinding Beauty work?
>>
NEW THREAD >>52544285

NEW THREAD >>52544285

NEW THREAD >>52544285
>>
>>52544190
What're rulers and berserkers? Are you just making these up?
>>
>>52544305
Yes I am making them up, but I use them because they sound cooler than "Rules-Lawyer" and "Player that gets hostile when he rolls bad," respectively. I'll post a list of the names and meanings next thread.
>>
>>52544219
>>52544222
Can't you all just back it all up to your own MEGA clouds?
>>
>>52544036
faggot nigger
>>
File: HighElfPaint01.png (23KB, 536x570px) Image search: [Google]
HighElfPaint01.png
23KB, 536x570px
>Be a wizard during the Drow siege of Evermeet
>Say: "I don't have a speech prepared. But if they win, they kill everything we have ever loved"
>"When the Drow land, I'll destroy their boats"
>"Kill the women first, they are the most dangerous"
>point to the gnome
>"This is my apprentice. Treat her words as my own"
After this, a chick at our table walked out, presumably because I said "kill the women first". But anyone who knows Drow knows the women are stonger. How the hell do you escape this SJW bullshit?
>>
>>52544721
Meh, she is dumb. Don't sweat it bro
>>
>>52543900
The help thing is legit. The delivering touch attack things doesn't benefit (much) from flyby though, since the familiar will have to hang around in touch range to deliver it on your turn.
>>
>DM won't let me use UA or even multi-class, but he let a player make a SCAG swordsinger
>>
>>52544117
>He wants to make a mystic.
Just kick him out of your group.
>>
>>52544917
Isn't SCAG official material? I'll agree that your DM is incompetent for banning Multiclassing, since any DM worth his salt can deal with multiclassing, though only allowing "legal" material is something I can respect.
>>
File: 1466745260039.jpg (193KB, 549x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466745260039.jpg
193KB, 549x600px
Anyone got that PDF with race building guidelines?
>>
>>52540565
>Plot > rules
That is correct, but It wasnt your complaint.
1 hour long SR os fine for most vanila adventures.
>>
>>52538346
I like this.
>>
>>52540716
Mobile Feat. Run in, Stun, run away and hide behind tank.
>>
Hey lads, I'm looking for advice on a 6th level artificer (gunsmith) that I'm about to level up with, but I'm not sure if I should multiclass and if I do, what should I dip into?
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.