[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian Cosmic Horror worldbuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (96KB, 900x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 900x384px
VOL II

previous thread
>>>52386585
>>
File: SCP-093 Unclean.jpg (278KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SCP-093 Unclean.jpg
278KB, 714x1000px
>>52493458
Well, the previous thread is actually closed now, so I suppose I'll bump here. Both of these SCP entries give a pretty awesome Christian/Christian-esque cosmic horror feel, SCP-093 would even make for an awesome setting in and of itself.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/dr-clef-s-proposal
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
(make sure to read the test logs)
>>
File: 1490581085581.jpg (163KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1490581085581.jpg
163KB, 1000x1414px
>>52494366
there were interesting discussions in previous threads
>>
>>52494366
I love the Clef proposal for SCP-001 since it really captures that alien feel that should be in all angels.

OP of the first thread if you are here have you looked into the genre known as religious horror? The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby are obvious choices but so to is the fairly recent film Legion and the lesser known film The Shrine.
>>
>>52495981
I have seen the Exorcist, or rather the recent sequel series. I occasionally rewatch it. It's depiction of demons is pretty fucking great. I'm also currently reading Cyclonopedia for ideas on making a downright alien world.
>>
File: 1311738952167.jpg (932KB, 806x4999px) Image search: [Google]
1311738952167.jpg
932KB, 806x4999px
An oldie but a goodie
>>
>>52494366
>This test was accidental, the result of one of the staff tripping another after some debate about who would be covering the lunch tab.
>>
>>52494366
SCP-093 is pretty top tier. It could have been absolute God tier but the ending brought it down to great.
>>
Does anyone have a more detailed description of Kabbalah Demons/Qlipoth /without/ neo-Pagan addons?

Similarly, was there an old Islamic compendium of types of djinn?
>>
File: therionsitraahra[1].jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
therionsitraahra[1].jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>52502264
Well amongst the demons of the Kabbalah there was Lilith who embodied the sphere Gamaliel. The crown of evil itself was also known as Thamiel in ((jewish)) scripture and was embodied by Satan and Moloch. The realm, and in some beliefs very source of evil itself, is also known as "Sitra Ahra", which means the "Other Side". Don't know about Islamic djinns however, maybe someone else can help with that. Hope this helps.
>>
>>52503461
Lilith's one dude, though - Qlipoths /do/ have specific demons (like Ars Goetica demonstrates), but Wikipedia says they've got stuff like angry demon ravens, giants with volcanoes for heads, angry nanoswarms, and so on.

Still, her being rejected by Adam's a neat line into why she's considered "evil".
>>
>>52494366
What exactly is Christian Cosmic Horror?
>>
File: 1462156496524.jpg (50KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
1462156496524.jpg
50KB, 540x539px
>>52510616
Not entirely sure. Given this thread and its predecessor my interpretation of Christian Cosmic Horror is experiencing the indifference of cosmic forces people worship and fear.

First thread's OP was looking for advice on the subject in regards to settings where the forces of hell are winning and how humanity might try to fight them.

1st thread OP's exact quote below.
>How would you go about making Christian Cosmic Horror, /tg/? Like Werewolf the Apocalypse type shit. Demonic gods and eldritch abominations rising up to consume the world. Only Crusaders, knights, and priests are able to stand up to the tides of darkness, but in the end it's all hopeless. That kind of thing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.