[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian Cosmic Horror Worldbuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 84

How would you go about making Christian Cosmic Horror, /tg/? Like Werewolf the Apocalypse type shit. Demonic gods and eldritch abominations rising up to consume the world. Only Crusaders, knights, and priests are able to stand up to the tides of darkness, but in the end it's all hopeless. That kind of thing.
>>
>>52386585
Something somethinh Allah, something something Jews, something something >implying God isn't already a cosmic horror entity tips fedora
>>
>>52386585
Shinji get in the robot!
>>
File: ndHW73h[1].jpg (1MB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ndHW73h[1].jpg
1MB, 2000x1400px
>>52386609
I'm talking more demonic apocalypse here bucko. As in the Adversary and it's spawn are the ones winning.
>>
>>52386585
I like the art, but the pitch doesn't win me. What have you got to start with, since we aren't going to write your setting for you.
>>
Basically just copy Jimmy Rome's notes.
>>
>>52386585
Just depict Revelation 100% literally.
>>
File: leftbehind.jpg (39KB, 851x376px) Image search: [Google]
leftbehind.jpg
39KB, 851x376px
>>52386585
Just use the Rapture heresy American Evangelicalism is pushing. It's already pretty much cosmic horror as-is.
>>
>>52386585
Next time Jehovah's witnesses knock on your door, let them in and listen to what they have to say.
>>
Sounds like a cool concept...
are there any board games like this?
>>
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Powerwolf_-_Blessed_%26_Possessed.jpg
>>
File: Fighting god.jpg (1MB, 1863x2739px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting god.jpg
1MB, 1863x2739px
>>52386585
Not exactly what you were looking for, pic related is worth a read, I think.

>>52387259
Don't forget, demons ARE angels, just ones who rebelled against god. Only certain choirs of angels are even remotely humanoid, look like huge interlocked rings covered with eyes. There's a reason that the first thing angels say to people is usually "be not afraid".
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (174KB, 768x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
174KB, 768x600px
>>52387298
>>52387298
Pretty much, the world is on the brink of being consumed. Primordial evils have awoken, fire rains from the sky, reality bends and twist, as time itself unravels, eyesand faces tear their way from vast expanse of earth and sky, dripping pus, blood and maggots onto the lands below. There are no heroes. They all died barely amounting to anything in the face of the Darkness, and now there are only a scant few willing to stand up and fight. The Apocalypse has come, and there is no hope.
>>
>>52386585
What was that Flash game where you played as a priest and shot up demons and shit? From like, at least ten years ago. Do that
>>
>>52387415
That is pretty damn cool. Thanks for that.
>>
bump for interest
>>
What are some good bible chapters for inspiration for games and weird world building.
>>
>>52389675
I think you can find good stuff in the Book of Enoch, though it's regarded as non-canon
>>
File: asfdagsag.jpg (9KB, 313x230px) Image search: [Google]
asfdagsag.jpg
9KB, 313x230px
>>52386585
Three days of darkness, my dude.
Like The Mist only hardmode is turned on.

Pepper in some shit from The Stand after it blows over and you've got something tasty.
>>
>>52389675
The Book of Revelations is an obvious ones.
I suggest skimming through Ezekiel. He had some of the weirdest visions. That's where the angels who are a wheel within a wheel and can go forward in all directions without turning come from.
>>
>>52389722

Definitely. The book of Enoch expands on why God decided to flood the Earth and warn Noah. A large group of angels called the Grigori lusted after mortals and were thrown out of heaven for their crimes.

Their leader Shemyaza was blinded and chained by the ankles before being thrown from paradise. Left to hang upside-down eternally between heaven and earth he makes up the constellation of Orion.

The Grigori taught humanity many things. Some angels taught magic, reading the stars and the like. Armaros showed them how to make weapons, wage war and create make-up, which is for some reason just as bad.

The Grigori went on to produce a race of half-human half-angel creatures called the Nephilim, man eating giants (Which is why the follow-up to Enoch is the Book of Giants) with pale skin and six fingers.

Massive wars between humanity and the giants and their allies consumed the world. Humanity was being eaten by these abominations and God completely lost control of the Earth and decided to just flood it and start over.

The Grigori were wrapped in chains and imprisoned beneath the Earth for the devastation they caused and await the apocalypse to return.

You could have one escape and bring armies of evil giants from beneath the Earth.

There is a list of all the named Grigori and what they were responsible for (magic, war etc.) online, so you could build a rogues gallery from that.
>>
Hellgate london. Boom, done.
>>
>>52389675
>>52390186
This guy Book of Revelations is a good one
>>
>>52386585

Inquisitor is an old school Baldur's Gate-esque RPG that deals with this kind of thing pretty heavily, you're playing an Inquisitor in a pseudo-dark ages Europe where the devil is real and evil is winning.
>>
Araqiel (also Arakiel, Araqael, Araciel, Arqael, Sarquael, Arkiel, Arkas) taught humans the signs of the earth.
Armaros (also Amaros) in Enoch I taught men the resolving of enchantments.
Azazel taught men to make knives, swords, shields, and how to devise ornaments and cosmetics.
Gadreel (or Gader'el) taught the art of cosmetics, the use of weapons and killing blows.
Baraqel (Baraqiel) taught men astrology.
Bezaliel mentioned in Enoch I
Chazaqiel (sometimes Ezeqeel or Cambriel) taught men the signs of the clouds (meteorology).
Kokabiel (also Kakabel, Kochbiel, Kokbiel, Kabaiel, and Kochab), In the Book of Raziel he is a high-ranking, holy angel. In Enoch I, he is a fallen Watcher, resident of the nether realms, and commands 365,000 surrogate spirits to do his bidding. Among other duties, he instructs his fellows in astrology.
Penemue "taught mankind the art of writing with ink and paper," and taught "the children of men the bitter and the sweet and the secrets of wisdom." (I Enoch 69.8)
Sariel (also Suriel) taught mankind about the courses of the moon (at one time regarded as forbidden knowledge).
Samyaza (also Shemyazaz, Shamazya, Semiaza, Shemhazi, Semyaza and Amezyarak) is one of the leaders of the fall from heaven in Vocabulaire de l' Angelologie.
Shamsiel, once a guardian of Eden as stated in the Zohar, served as one of the two chief aides to the archangel Uriel (the other aide being Hasdiel) when Uriel bore his standard into battle, and is the head of 365 legions of angels and also crowns prayers, accompanying them to the 5th heaven. In Jubilees, he is referred to as one of the Watchers. He is a fallen angel who teaches the signs of the sun.
Yeqon (also Jeqon or Yaqum, יָקוּם, "he shall rise") was the ringleader who first tempted the other Watchers into having sexual relations with humans. His accomplices were Asbeel, Gadreel, Penemue, and Kasdaye (or Kasadya), who were all identified as individual "satans".
>>
>>52391218
oh forgot to say this is the list of grigori i found
>>
>>52386609
I believe that diablo was that type of game
>>
Now when you say cosmic entity
>>
So ok we have all of these dead paladins and clerics and some live ones but what if we focus on the demons like demonlords fighting for control over human cities and such
>>
>>52387440
And what when the fire dies
the demons would slaughter each other for a bid of power.Say one lord rules the golden gate bridge and another rules the rocky mountains and so on
>>
>>52391366
What was once ruled by man is now a war-torn hellscape ruled by the 666 demon kings of Hell. From the seven Sins ruling their own realms that vary from one two to several states,the 72 demons of Solomon and even the dreaded princes of hell
>>
>>52386585
Your thread has become Darksiders,Diablo,and a paragraph of the Ars Goetia
>>
Ok i remember from a while ago about this one demon,Forneus,i guess he is a minor king or something but thats not what matters this guy likes humans and teaches them his great wisdom and makes them loved by both allies and enemies so when all hell breaks loose this fucker bursts from hell,and he looks like a giaant sea monster by the way, and all the humans in the area are shitting their pants and hes like "hey calm down i just want to read you some stories and shit come on guys"
>>
>>52392922
That's pretty metal.
>>52393012
IT'S STORY TIME!
>>
>>52392922
Dont forget Testament of Solomon and Book of Enoch
>>
Zack Parsons did a thing on SA called That Insidious Beast that's basically evangelical christian cosmic horror, but probably not in the way you're looking for. Still definitely worth a read, though
>>
>>52386585
Read the Book of Revelations. It's short and full of cosmic horror in the midst of the apocalypse IIRC. Shit's pretty dope.
>>
File: elric01-00fc.jpg (314KB, 1200x1838px) Image search: [Google]
elric01-00fc.jpg
314KB, 1200x1838px
Here's a good example of what you're looking for.
In the end, it results in a stalemate and Chaos is the last remaining force in the world.
>>
For America,the nation is cut into hundreds of warring groups, some larger than others. The devil has disappeared and now many lords of hell have fought for his throne.Humans are most of the time either running for their lives or have been enslaved for one purpose or another.only one demon lord is said to be kind to the humans that find themselves in his realm
>>
so should the setting be all grimdark or have some hope
>>
>>52399393
It should have just enough hope that it's all the more crushing when it's inevitably taken away.
>>
>>52387415
will their be something like this in the setting like the corrupted scions of god who are still doing his will after his death long ago
>>
>>52399429
but we can have good demon Forneus too right at least until he is devoured by the unstoppable chaos that is this setting
>>
>>52391366
They would inevitably consume each other, in their attempts to gain more power and prestige among their fellows, at least in the case of the lesser demon lords. Might also introduce the titanic demonic skeletal horrors from Aztec Mythology to join in on the "fun".
>>
>>52387248
I tried to expand constructively on this post, and I couldn't, despite having watched the entire series + end twice in the last month. Jus throw in more overt revelation content in the apocalypse, like Armageddon and the whore of babylon
>>
>>52399443
Perhaps. But they would be utterly broken, and likely would have forgotten their purpose in the midst of the Apocalypse. They cannot hear the voice of the Almighty anymore. all they hear now is the vile snickering of the Adversary.
>>
>>52399518
I agree with forgetting their purpose but the should still have the empty void of a duty to be done and false drive their endless torture
>>
>>52391051

Off topic, but this shit is why I don't really believe in the bible itself. That's some pure polytheistic bullshit that creeper in from some local religion.

What the fuck does a giant hung upside down who teaches people magic have to do with Jews wandering the desert for 40 years or with Jesus getting nailed to a stick?

The fuck does any of that have to do with the general rules of "don't be an asshole" and "don't be degenerate"?

Fuck
>>
>>52399509
>Misato
>Not the Whore of Babylon
Also, like usual when Evangelion gets brought up with me, RRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! FUCKING REBUILD!!!!! FUCK YOU ANNO!!!! YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!!
>>
>>52399555
That actually seems like a far better way to torture them. Of course the snickering can probably be kept, they just won't hear it whilst they wander around aimlessly trying to fulfill some empty void of a purpose.
>>
>>52399845
The Grigori and their spawn weren't nice Anon. If they weren't stopped the world would have been munched. Unless you're talking about how it relates to the Bible itself? Well it probably serves as an example of angels, despite their purity and connection to the Almighty, are not infallible beings.
>>
>>52400074
Also bumping with demon images.
>>
>>52400854
>>
File: 54249.jpg (370KB, 675x850px) Image search: [Google]
54249.jpg
370KB, 675x850px
>>
File: 23613.jpg (522KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
23613.jpg
522KB, 1000x700px
>>
File: 54228.jpg (114KB, 675x825px) Image search: [Google]
54228.jpg
114KB, 675x825px
>>
4 horseman
Demons with eyes all over their body
Fucked up "miracles" like the tower of babel
Steal demon names like beelzeebub
Intelligent whales
Manifestations caused by sinning
Magic blood
Temples with ancient horrors sealed away
Judges

Basically the oldest old testament stuff and revalations.
>>
File: chaos_demon_by_fesbraa-davv6oi.jpg (277KB, 1600x998px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_demon_by_fesbraa-davv6oi.jpg
277KB, 1600x998px
>>
>>52391267
No that was Diablo 2, Diablo 1 was Blizzard trying to one up World of Darkness in terms of Grimdark and gothic themes.
>>
>>52391287
Who would win in a conflict between Hell and the Elder Gods?
>>
>>52399845
Have you heard of Kabbalah, the Jews literally have an entire school dedicated to mysticism and discussing the workings heaven and history of the earth before the Israelites.
>>
>>52386585
While more greek/roman inspired than Christian I would look at the divine comedy for inspiration.
>>
File: 1490215054460.jpg (323KB, 551x654px) Image search: [Google]
1490215054460.jpg
323KB, 551x654px
>>52386585

Fundamentalist Christian reporting. If you've got any questions I'll be happy to answer them, maybe this thread'll have some decent OC. Best of luck with your campaign OP. 1 Corinthians 8:1-21 is worth a read.

>>52387415

Saved. Paladin Bane is a badass.
>>
>>52401792
I know of the Divine Comedy. It's pretty interesting.
>>
>>52402249
How exactly do you view demons or dark forces? I'm Christian myself, but it's always interesting to hear things from others points of view.
>>
>>52402275
I like it's depiction of Satan being punished with the rest of the sinners, I personally feel it fits better.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (9KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
9KB, 187x269px
>>52402383
Yeah, it's actually good to read into. Satan isn't the ruler of Hell in that work, he's just as much of a prisoner as everyone else.
>>
File: hellboy pancakes.jpg (233KB, 1247x888px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy pancakes.jpg
233KB, 1247x888px
>>52402383
>>52402614
Technically thats in line with the bible, which just says lucifer and the rebellious angels were thrown into the lake of fire. All descriptions of demons RULING hell are non-cannon works added after the fact.

Satan is the hebrew word for "enemy" and can refer to anyone who is against the hebrew god. Even his depiction in the new testament is a disembodied voice, the devil himself isn't described, and given the above, could well have been Jesus' inner doubts at the time.
>>
God gets sick of the bullshit (Especially your speshul denomination making lies about him) and floods the Earth again. If you make a boat and survive, you go to hell for going against God. If you don't, you drown and go to hell for pissing off God in the first place.
>>
File: 72 demons.jpg (3MB, 3000x3064px) Image search: [Google]
72 demons.jpg
3MB, 3000x3064px
>>52386585
>>
Look up Ophanim, OP. I wonder what kind of hallucinogens were available to the early Israelites?
>>
>>52402301

I believe that demons are angels that abandoned God's will to rebel with Satan. God is the omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and all-knowing creator of all things, therefore his will is perfect and absolute. God's will is perfect and absolute, and God is infinite, having created all things.

Therefore each sin, (deviation from God's perfect and absolute will,) is infinite and can only be repaid with an eternal punishment. All sins must be punished, and humanity, having inherited original sin from our ancestors who denied God, must be eternally punished for their sins.

God is completely justified in condemning all of humanity to hell, but God is omnibenevolent, just, and merciful. So God became human, God in the flesh, both Man and God, in the form of Jesus Christ, born of a virgin woman. He lived a perfect, sinless life, performing miracles and preaching righteous, perfect wisdom, before allowing the Romans, (spurred on by the Pharisee Jews,) to crucify Him.

When crucified, Jesus Christ willingly took on all sin, and accepted the punishment for all sin. Only a perfect, sinless man would be an acceptable sacrifice to repay the depth of all sin. As no human was able to take on that sacrifice, God Himself was punished and died for our sake. Three days later, Jesus Christ arose from the grave, resseurected, in victory over death and hell, proving His divinity.

Because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice, all sins are forgiven, all humans can repent of their sins, and go to heaven to be with God for eternity. All they have to do is acknowledge Jesus Christ as God, accept His forgiveness, and do their best to follow His commandments and live a Godly life, as the God intended when He created us.

> (1/2)
>>
>>52402830
I don't mean to get into a fedora-y theological debate

but if god is the all-knowing creator of all things

why did he create the angels that he knew would rebel just to send punish them forever
>>
File: ophanim.jpg (658KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
ophanim.jpg
658KB, 800x721px
>>52402804
ophanim r cool albeit a bit overplayed in internet circles
>>
File: wheel angel.jpg (1MB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
wheel angel.jpg
1MB, 902x902px
>>52402878
>>
>>52402830
That's not even true. Satan is God's employee.
>>
>>52402830

By willingly and pridefully rebelling against God's grace when they were free of all evil and temptation, demons have committed an unforgivable sin. To punish them, God created hell, and all demons are condemned to eternally suffer in hell. Humanity, having original sin, and being unable to live without sin, were given a way to escape hell and be with God, through the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Demons and dark forces conspire to prevent humanity from understanding and accepting Jesus Christ's sacrifice, in an effort to see as many souls damned to hell with them as possible. One day, the forces of hell will rise up and attempt to usurp God, as God is omnipotent, they are doomed to fail, and damned to a deserved punishment in eternal hellfire. Until then, they'll keep tempting humans away from God's grace and salvation.

As for the capabilities of demons, they're fallen angels, capable of manipulating and selectively ignoring the laws of physics. The reason they haven't taken over and work to tempt humanity from the shadows is that God doesn't let them enter this dimension in a physical form. They're much more powerful than humans, with the ability to possess people to do things far beyond their natural limits. Beyond that, there's not much in the Bible, but I'm sure you can come up with plenty of 7 deadly sin-themed abilities and generally fucked-up supernatural powers. Throw in a smattering of pagan lore and H.P Lovecraft and you're golden.

> (2/2)
>>
File: WoD god machine.jpg (89KB, 634x808px) Image search: [Google]
WoD god machine.jpg
89KB, 634x808px
>>52386585
OP, you know WoD and oWoD each has their own separate demon book, right?
>>
>>52402855

God, being all-loving, wants to love His creations and be loved. Love means nothing if it isn't voluntary and faithful. God gives all of His creations free will, and the ability to choose between sin and God. Satan and his demons were once perfect, free of sin, and all temptation, they were with God in God's infinite love and perfection.

But they wanted more. Knowing the consequences of denying God, and having a total lack of sin and temptation, they still chose to commit the first sin and rebel against God. Their choice to rebel was their own choice, taken in free will of their own volition. God had nothing to do with it.

God created them knowing that they would sin against Him, but they had the choice and fully knew the consequences. To sin in a futile attempt to usurp their omnipotent, omnibenevolent, perfect creator, or follow the purpose meant for all things, be with God, and enjoy eternal love and fulfillment in His grace? A third of angels chose to sin and rebel.
>>
File: Epicurus.jpg (74KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Epicurus.jpg
74KB, 850x400px
>>52403081
Knew I saved this for a reason
>>
>>52403137
Demons are created by God to tempt humans. Same way God is OK with black plague, child mortality, miscarriage and everything else. If you feel like he's being unfair to you, you go to hell xD
>>
File: Dark Dungeons.gif (44KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Dungeons.gif
44KB, 468x240px
>>52402249
Wait, what are you doing here? Jack Chick warned you about us bro!
>>
>>52403081
idk dude your logic is a little bit suspect. If you're a creature with
1) No limits on your actions and power to create/shape events
2) No limits on your knowledge of what will transpire in any given scenario
3) As a result of the two, no limits on... Anything

Saying that creatures rebelling when you knew it would happen and had the choice of whether or not to create them had "nothing to do" with the actions of god is a bit nonsensical.

Heck, in your earlier post, you stated that god was "completely justified in condemning all of humanity to hell" (simply for original sin that new humans hadn't even committed). So apparently humans are guilty of things they literally played no role in, which occurred before they existed, but God is free of any blame for events which he knowingly caused.

If you want to get real technical, God could've only created the creatures that would've used their free will to love him forever, and since he'd know for certain they were doing it out of free will (omniscient) and could guarantee they were the only ones (omnipotent) it wouldn't be any different from the ones currently existing that love him freely, there'd simply be a lack of completely unnecessary suffering.

>A third of angels chose to sin and rebel.

Then only make the other two thirds instead.
>>
File: ferry_by_prophetharm-d89ysff[1].jpg (26KB, 407x350px) Image search: [Google]
ferry_by_prophetharm-d89ysff[1].jpg
26KB, 407x350px
>>52402972
WoD demons are nowhere near eldritch, nor evil enough for my tastes. This is more of an absolute Apocalypse type setting, where every single evil beasty from every walk of the earth has come out to revel in the consumption of the world.
>>
File: Ted Chiang.jpg (54KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ted Chiang.jpg
54KB, 322x500px
You all may want to look up "Hell is the absence of God" by Ted Chiang, found in his short story collection "story of your life". It involves a really interesting depiction of people treating angels like natural disasters (including some who intentionally chase them).
>>
>>52403384
My personal belief is that their is a direct polar opposite to God manipulating casuality and fate in a similar way to how God breaths out reality, and allows Creation to be. Except that this force causes more malign probabilities to become reality, and thus further the dissolution of all reality. That's pretty much what I've based this setting off of.
>>
>>52403544
I imagine you're not the person I responded to, then, because that flies pretty well in the face of God being omnipotent.
>>
>>52403605
I personally believe that God *is* omnipotent, it's just that it has, a dark counterpart, for lack of a better term. Pure Good, can't exist without Pure Evil to define and give it meaning.
>>
>>52403672
More demon images.
>>
>>52403081

Ah, Epicurus. My second-favorite hedonistic Greek philosopher, the first being Diogenes the Dog.

> Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
> Is be able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

God is both willing and able to prevent evil.

> Is be both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Evil does not come from God, evil comes from sin, or in the case of nature, stems from the original sin's corruption of God's perfect creation. God decided to give all things free will to choose between sin and God, as without the free will to decide to love God for ourselves, our love for God is meaningless.

Humans give into temptation and abuse their free will to commit sin every day, because of our inherently sinful nature. Sin, and by extension, evil, is a demonic creation, and is not a part of God's perfect creation.

Evil has been prevented in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which gives us the ability to be free of sin, and by extension, evil, and the bible, which is the perfect guideline to living a Godly and moral life. Those who deny Jesus Christ and the bible will inevitably be punished for their sins.

> Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

If that was the case, I'd be masturbating to hentai on /h/ instead of answering your questions.

>>52403237

I've been a Forever GM for little over 16 years. D&D is no more inherently satanic than Ping Pong. Anyone who says otherwise is looking for a reason to be offended and victimized, and are no better than Tumblrite social justice warriors.

>>52403384

Free will without choice is free will. The original sin did not damn humanity, it provided an opportunity to sin. All humans, being weak and imperfect, have committed sin of their own volition, against the will of God, and are therefore damned to eternal punishment, which can be avoided through God's salvation.

>>52403544

Are you a Zoroastrian by any chance?
>>
>>52403705
>God is both willing and able to prevent evil
>Creates lifeforms that bring evil

?

>Free will without choice is [I imagine you meant to put a not here] free will

I never implied otherwise. But god knows what choices we'd make before creating us. Why not only make those of us who would actively choose to love and obey him? His omniscience and omnipotence makes all suffering completely unnecessary, and his benevolence makes all suffering completely inexplicable.
>>
I've always liked stories steeped in Biblical mythology which outright deny that demons want anything to do with Earth. When all of the archdemons have better things to do than plot world domination, because they know that eventually it's going to happen anyway, and being eternal and unchanging, they're in no rush - they're essentially sharpening their knives in wait while their own petty politics and agendas continuously change the hellscape around them.
>>
>>52403705
>Evil does not come from God, evil comes from sin, or in the case of nature, stems from the original sin's corruption of God's perfect creation. God decided to give all things free will to choose between sin and God, as without the free will to decide to love God for ourselves, our love for God is meaningless.

>Humans give into temptation and abuse their free will to commit sin every day, because of our inherently sinful nature. Sin, and by extension, evil, is a demonic creation, and is not a part of God's perfect creation.

>Evil has been prevented in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which gives us the ability to be free of sin, and by extension, evil, and the bible, which is the perfect guideline to living a Godly and moral life. Those who deny Jesus Christ and the bible will inevitably be punished for their sins.

God decides to make a gun. Making a gun that reliably works by shooting a projectile at its target via a predictable trajectory is somehow a bad thing to God, so he makes a gun that explodes 50% of the time when you try to shoot it.

God is fired from his job as a gun maker.
>>
>>52403742
>>52403862

Without the choice to deny God, it is not free will.

Let's say you adopt an infant, and lock it in your cellar with everything it could ever want or need. You teach it to always love you and be with you, and you never give it any chance to leave the cellar or do anything but be with you and love you. It spends its entire life in the cellar, loving you because it knows nothing else. It never wants for anything, because you provide it everything it could ever ask for, as long as it doesn't interfere with the infant's love for you. It never stops loving you because it has no concept of hate or disobeying you, or any chance to act on those concepts.

Does the infant truly love you? No, it does not. Without the choice and freedom to deny you, its love is fake, artificial, and meaningless because it knows nothing else.

You'd be an irresponsible parent to shelter your child all of its life and refuse to give it freedom. Yes, if it has freedom it may grow up and get addicted to drugs, sleep with prostitutes and get std's, or end up shitposting on a Guatemalan Crotcheting Website, but ultimately, that's the child's own choice, and you'd be a bad parent to deny your child the freedom to choose how to live their own life.

The best you can morally do is teach them the consequences of their actions, teach them why it's bad to do those things, and let them chart their own course in life.
>>
>Ctrl+f Kult
>0/0

I am disappoint.

Kult is an old swedish horror RPG with translations out in English, featuring a world built mostly around gnostic beliefs with some Kabbalah and hellraiser thrown in.

Basically, all humans used to be gods but two brothers wanted it all for themselves (Demiurge and Astaroth) so they created an illusion -which is our world- and trapped all other humans in there.
The illusion is upheld by their servants, monstrous creatures that keep the jail in place and look just like other men unless the illusion shatters.
Meanwhile, as the Demiurge took the role of a "benevolent" leader of creation, his twin brother Astaroth became his dark shadow, the adversary and they both created their own realms of heaven and hell and maintained a balance of power til one day, Astaroth found his brother missing and so now scrambles to find a new order.

Full of "angels" and monsters competing for power, interesting cults and fucking awesome magic.
>>
>>52404083
You're not understanding me at all. Those still created by god would still have the choice to deny god. They just wouldn't. Your metaphor is therefore entirely irrelevant

>You know you'll create humans A, B, and C
>You know that given the choice to deny you, humans A and B will love you and C will deny you
>You choose to create only humans A and B who freely choose to love you, thus avoiding the unnecessary and FUCKING ETERNAL suffering of human C

Not complex

Also,

>you're an irresponsible parent to shelter your child all of its life and refuse to give it freedom
>but god isn't irresponsible for creating beings that he knows will spend a few decades living and then indescribable eternity suffering

?

>you're a bad parent if you do nothing to intervene in your child's drug addiction

Yeah I don't think we see eye to eye in terms of morals, ethics or any basic frame of reality.
>>
>>52404093
patrician
>>
>>52404156

> You're not understanding me at all. Those still created by god would still have the choice to deny god. They just wouldn't. Your metaphor is therefore entirely irrelevant

>You know you'll create humans A, B, and C
>You know that given the choice to deny you, humans A and B will love you and C will deny you
>You choose to create only humans A and B who freely choose to love you, thus avoiding the unnecessary and FUCKING ETERNAL suffering of human C

> Not complex

If there is no possibility to deny God, there is no free will. A, B, and C all recieve the same choice to either sin or follow God. A, B, and C all have the fundamental right to exist and make their own choice, fully aware of the consequences.

Eternal suffering is the only moral punishment for an infinite crime, and is therefore just. It is unpleasant, it is terrible, and it is unthinkable, but it is more just than not punishing an infinite crime.

God is a loving God and doesn't want hunanity to suffer for all eternity, but God is a just God and sin cannot go unpunished. Which is why God became human, God in the flesh, both Man and God, in the form of Jesus Christ, lived a perfect, sinless life, and was sacrificed to suffer the punishment for all sin, giving humanity a way to avoid eternal suffering.

Eternal suffering, and sin is completely optional. Denying God despite the evidence is completely optional. Loving or hating God is completely optional. Hell is completely optional.

>Also,

>you're an irresponsible parent to shelter your child all of its life and refuse to give it freedom
>but god isn't irresponsible for creating beings that he knows will spend a few decades living and then indescribable eternity suffering

> ?

If He created beings without free will and the possibility to deny Him, He would be irresponsible.

> (1/2)
>>
>>52404440

>?

>you're a bad parent if you do nothing to intervene in your child's drug addiction

>Yeah I don't think we see eye to eye in terms of morals, ethics or any basic frame of reality.

God intervenes in people's lives to heal them if they comes to Him, but He lets them experience the consequences of sin first-hand before. Otherwise there'd be no incentive for them to do anything but sin.

> (2/2)
>>
>>52403705
>Are you a Zoroastrian by any chance?

Nope. I pretty much identify as a Christian. Or rather someone who believes in a singular omnibenevolent force that permeates all, whilst also believing that other deities exist and giving them respect (well, unless they're evil).
>>
Oh boy a mental gymnastics competition!
>>
>>52404093
That's not really what I'm going for. In Kult, the moment humans realize their true nature, all challenge immediately fades away, as humans at their true power just crush absolutely everything with no adversity or growth whatsoever. It's rather pointless to actually try and make good trials and challenges when the very moment the players awaken, everything becomes trivial.
>>
>>52399845
Enoch isn't canon you dumb faggot
>>
File: disgust.jpg (32KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
32KB, 620x400px
>>52399845

The watchers aren't from the Bible though, they're from the Book of Enoch which was written a hundred years after Jesus died.

Also Judaism is a monotheistic religion that creeped into polytheism and erased the other gods, there's lots of hints in the old testament that YHWH wasn't considered the only existing god.

>The fuck does any of that have to do with the general rules of "don't be an asshole" and "don't be degenerate"?

That's a meme. The Old Testament's rules are labyrinthine and better summed up as "don't be the wrong tribe" with lots of rules based on ritualized separation of groups of people. 40,000 Ephraimites were exterminated based on whether or not they could pronounce the word "shibboleth" properly.

The actual Bible also includes bets between God and Satan, weird wilderness vision quests, incest, getting cursed for seeing your dad naked, and other bizarre shit that has nothing to do with 40 years of exile and Jesus's crucifixion.

But the degenerate thing gives you away as a /pol/ak so we know you haven't actually read anything.
>>
>>52404462
Unitarian-Universalism, bro, it's the way to go
>>
File: never ever 3.png (54KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
never ever 3.png
54KB, 800x504px
>>52404440
What's the difference in free will in a scenario where the only humans made to exist freely choose to accept god vs a scenario where additional humans exist that deny god? In both scenarios god knows what choice the humans will make. There's no difference except for unnecessary and eternal suffering.

>all have the fundamental right to exist

Why? Are you saying that the current humans that exist are every potential human that could exist? If not, why is god depriving those other potential humans the right to exist?

>more just than not punishing an infinite crime

Why? Eternal punishment leaves no opportunity for the victim to learn any kind of lesson. It is inherently sadistic. Further, the person is now dead and can never affect another person again. Why not just allow them eternal splendor? It changes nothing. Hell of a choice for a being that supposedly loves us.

>Doesn't want humanity to suffer for all eternity
>Is all knowing
>Is all powerful
>Much of humanity still suffers for eternity

That this makes sense to you is bewildering.

>Eternal suffering and sin is completely optional

Yes, and it always was, starting with the unnecessary choice God made to create humans that would suffer eternally.

>denying God despite the evidence
>evidence

pic related

>If He created beings without free will and the possibility to deny Him, He would be irresponsible.

He could've created beings with free will and only created those he knew would use free will to accept him. If this somehow invalidates the free will, how is it any less valid than knowing some will deny and some will accept? It's the same logic.
>>
>>52404451
>God intervenes in people's lives to heal them if they come to Him

Plenty of people make earnest prayers asking god for help but continue to suffer and/or die anyways, but I suppose the argument to that is that it's part of his plan/he brings them to heaven or some shit.

>God helps except when he doesn't, which is also helping

>>52404488
I cannot not tip.
>>
File: gotchafucker.jpg (32KB, 325x361px) Image search: [Google]
gotchafucker.jpg
32KB, 325x361px
>>52404083

>Why do I do good?
>Because I want to.
>Why do I want to?
>...........

You choose to do X because you want to do it. Can you choose to not want to do it?

Could I choose to change the inclinations that led me to want to do something?

No.

Even if I did, it would only be because I wanted to make that choice, and we go back to the same problem.

Every choice has an antecedent desire and that desire is not something you chose to have.

Your choices are predetermined by genetics and upbringing, neither of which are under your control.

Ergo, you do not have free will.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (58KB, 750x624px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
58KB, 750x624px
>>52404510
And a few more demons.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>52404951
>>
File: go8pGf4[1].jpg (168KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
go8pGf4[1].jpg
168KB, 600x909px
>>52404975
>>
Hi, real life pastor here, and found thin topic interesting.

1) conservative cosmology plays a lot with the following:
A) time is infinitely fast at the edge of the universe
B) there's is a structure of other world beings that are interested in getting mankind to worship them
C) light is infinitely fast, and we cannot measure the one way speed of light, only a two way. What we call the speed of light is really the maximum speed of observation.

So, you can have time beings, light beings, and mankind at war with each other, and sometimes man can interact with the others.

Interesting reads, unseen realms by Michael heifer
>>
>>52402249
Gnostic Christianity - filthy heresy or a pretty good idea?
>>
>>52405544
>real life pastor here
What went wrong, anon?
>>
File: 1431800933424.jpg (510KB, 1280x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1431800933424.jpg
510KB, 1280x1613px
fundamentalist christianity is a hell of a drug

i am SO glad i started looking around at other theological frameworks

they make much more sense to me, and paint God in a much, much better light.

have an eldritch abomination
>>
>>52405855
Beautifully nightmarish. This thing really fits in. Thanks for the image Anon.
>>
File: 1430879444522.jpg (112KB, 700x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1430879444522.jpg
112KB, 700x1056px
>>52405855

the time of judgement has come
>>
File: 1430880433430.jpg (239KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430880433430.jpg
239KB, 810x1080px
>>52406062

a lot of american evangelical theology is based on taking english translations of the bible (especially the king james version) very literally.

the more i have learned what the original greek and hebrew texts actually say,
the more i have learned of the lingual and cultural contexts of important, theological-framework-forming words like 'hell, spirit, soul, eternity,' and so on,
the more i have learned that american fundamental christianity isnt at all accurate to how the writers of the bible would have understood these words and ideas.
>>
File: 1430927482183.jpg (614KB, 1500x947px) Image search: [Google]
1430927482183.jpg
614KB, 1500x947px
>>52406188

the horsemen draw nigh
>>
File: 1422075376985.jpg (366KB, 781x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1422075376985.jpg
366KB, 781x1024px
>>52406209

And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

- Revelation 8:5

wow, this is turning out to be a pretty cool dump. i might have to do something with all this myself.
>>
>>52403672
Pure evil can't exist because any evil you can think of is just a corrupted, perverted, and/or twisted good. Even the nasty things like rapine and murder generally spring out of desires or envies, which are really just twisted love.

Even Lucifer in the end just wanted a new, perfected order with himself as master.
>>
>>52396891
I think OP is looking for something good.
>>
File: 1328144048642.jpg (151KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1328144048642.jpg
151KB, 531x800px
>>52406279

im running out of frightening looking pseudo-angelic abominations
>>
File: 1333751982459.jpg (755KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1333751982459.jpg
755KB, 900x1200px
>>52406389

and im getting awfully hungry
>>
Is sunscreen willing to prevent sunburn, but not able? Then it is not omnipotent. Is it able, but not willing? Then it is malevolent. Is it both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is it neither able not willing? Then why call it sunscreen?

-Epidermis
>>
File: 1335918477488.jpg (147KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1335918477488.jpg
147KB, 750x750px
>>52406414

aaaaand i think thats all ive got that havent been posted here already
>>
>>52386585

Play a MegaTen game and you're halfway there.
>>
>>52404093
when the hell is the new version coming
>>
>>52386585
>Christian Cosmic Horror,
That's an oxymoron. Christianity places humanity at the center of creation while the cosmic horror genre is built on humanity being incapable of doing anything of meaning and of absolutely no interest to the, by comparison, godlike beings that exist around us.
>>
>>52408114
Must agree with this one.
>>
>>52408114
this is easy enough to change with one or two modifications, for example:

>There is no heaven, but there is a hell.
or
>There is no heaven, but there is a kingdom of God.
>No kingdom has lasted forever
>>
File: sime1.jpg (20KB, 293x329px) Image search: [Google]
sime1.jpg
20KB, 293x329px
>>52408196
>>52408114
In addition:

>We're not here because we're the center of everything, we're here because creation is easy
>>
>>52386585
rapture happens, PCs are left behind, without Gawd holding their leashes ugly demons the size of stars start wreaking shit
>>
File: Doom guy bleeding grin.jpg (18KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
Doom guy bleeding grin.jpg
18KB, 512x386px
But how do you survive Hell or even Fight it without being pic related?
>>
>>52408227
So then where left with PCs that are stuck in a cosmic shit hole with other sinners as earth is swallowed into hell and the PCs are trying to reverse the effects of Rapture little realizing that would doom God and as such the king of hell supports them through the shadows with guides,gifts,groups of demons moving just in time and etc.

another drive for PCs could be finding out what sin kept them from paradise
>>
File: 52140.jpg (320KB, 675x850px) Image search: [Google]
52140.jpg
320KB, 675x850px
>>
File: 3157cb2d691aeefd7a9e95ca843e7841.jpg (130KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3157cb2d691aeefd7a9e95ca843e7841.jpg
130KB, 724x1024px
>>
>>52404619
i think you touched on something important

organized religion that threatens eternal punishment for not following the rules, shows its hand as a purely political construct

if god is all knowing, powerful, etc., and also loves humanity, then providing free will and the choice to descent while punishing that with eternal damnation, is cruel and unfair

it just doesn't add up. either god is a sadist, or inept

the reason the threat of damnation exists is to scare the populace into getting with the program. if god truly loves all of his creations, then he loves the rapists and the murderers and the hitlers just as much as the pious god-fearing men. so old religious leaders wisely put in the part about damnation to discourage shitty behavior, even though it creates a paradox

interestingly enough, most people that believe in hell never recognize that it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>52402680
>>52386585
Hellboy does a very decent job at welding together Christian and non-Christian worldbuilding ideas.
I'd definitely take a look at it for inspiration. Especially since it deals with not only a "cosmic horror awakening" tack, it also brings in themes of the Christian apocalypse and the antichrist.

>>52389675
>Judges
>Daniel
>Ezekiel
>Revelation, I guess

>>52403237
Not that anon but I'm WELS so also conservative. Feel free for my 2 cents

I enjoy D&D a lot. It's interesting to see the correlation between how people treat Lawful Good and/or religious characters and their ideas about Christianity in particular.
>>
>>52403705

>someone on 4chan with the same sense of religion as I do
Hey dude, what church body/synod are you?
>>
>>52409249
> if god truly loves all of his creations, then he loves the rapists and the murderers and the hitlers just as much as the pious god-fearing men.
If they're willing to repent of their sins, sure. Jesus even mentioned how it was the thieves and whores who would accept his word, as opposed to the clergy at the time. This was because sinful people could see the sin within them and their subsequent need for salvation better than those who considered themselves self-righteous.

Organized religion, at least in the Christian sense, is meant to bring people together as a means to support one another and build each other up. It's a sort of reminder that no one man is isolated from God or his fellow man.
Can this be exploited? Sure it can. We're sinful, after all. It's how the Catholic church strayed into a form of work-righteousness and calcified into a massive bureaucracy that sought worldly wealth and power for earthly gain.

>if god is all knowing, powerful, etc., and also loves humanity, then providing free will and the choice to descent while punishing that with eternal damnation, is cruel and unfair
So would forcing you to believe in him be less unfair?
The notion of free will is precisely because God desires people to love him of their own volition, and he wants people to hear his word because he doesn't want anyone to go to hell. But if someone chooses to reject God, then, well, God won't force them to believe in him. The very definition of Hell is eternal separation from God.
>>
>>52409564
>So would forcing you to believe in him be less unfair?
Forcing you to believe and getting a free pass into heaven would be more far than giving us all free will, giving us zero tangible evidence, expecting us to believe stories that have fractured and changed endless over the millenia, then condemning us to eternal torment if we don't.
From an outsider's perspective it's all very absurd, and there's no good reason to buy into the system, especially when there's hundreds of other systems that are saying the same thing
>>
>>52403137
The statement you JUST fucking replied to refutes epicurus to a fault. Just take a minute.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>52406372
>Implying implications
>>
>>52404525
The curse of Ham is pretty hotly debated but I think it can be established that Ham probably did a lot more than just see his father naked.

"To see naked' meant a lot of things.
>>
>>52403081
>>52403705
Not all pain and suffering come from human action. Plenty of it comes from natural disaster and chance.

Besides, even taking into account human action, if I see someone being raped, and I stop it, am I violating the rapist's free will? That doesn't make sense.
Besides, if I could effortlessly prevent such an act of violence, but just stood by, I'd be considered an asshole, or at least callous, but definitely not loving and caring. So why is God?
>>
>>52404619
You're basically creating some sort of schrödingers free will here. Unless the ability to disobey is proven it is just a thesis.

Also, we can only see our human real life and what constitutes as suffering within it. Who knows, maybe it is just a slap on the wrist used as lecture and we are unknowingly protected from the truly horrible stuff?
Nevermind that the human mind overplays any sort of negative emotion over positive ones anyway
>>
>>52386585

You should put in Nephilim, and possibly Tieflings, for cursed/corrupted humans.
>>
>>52409249
Indeed, omni-benevolent means omni-benevolent. He either loves people who sin, or doesn't, and I refuse to believe that a loving creature would punish something it loves eternally.
>>
>>52409564
>unfair

Who cares? We let our children suffer sometimes to teach them lessons. There's no lesson learned by eternal damnation or salvation, because there's nothing after it.

>free will

I already argued that since god knows ALL, he can simply decide not to create those of us who would use free will to "earn" eternal suffering, and only create those who would use free will to accept him. You ignored it. Wonder why. OR, I'm a jerk and you're not the person I was talking to earlier.
>>
>>52410104
>proven

"Proven" only matters to creatures which are not omniscient. God has no need to prove anything to himself, he knows, 100% without fault, the outcome of any possible situation.
>>
File: Mastema.jpg (18KB, 228x352px) Image search: [Google]
Mastema.jpg
18KB, 228x352px
Remember, angels are always trustworthy!
>>
File: 1490581292734.jpg (12KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
1490581292734.jpg
12KB, 215x235px
>>52409930

> Implying that he's implying implications
>>
File: nj.png (352KB, 441x362px) Image search: [Google]
nj.png
352KB, 441x362px
>>52412158
Dear god, how deep does this go?
>>
>>52404525
M-muh christian b-board
>>
>>52412358
It stops right there. You can only imply something once, even if that itself is an implication, in which case it reduced to hust implying something
>>
Contrary to what American Evangelical Christianity would have you believe, the idea of hell as a place of eternal conscious torment is a modern idea that is not very well supported by the Bible at all.

Most of the error comes from problems translating the original Greek and Hebrew texts into modern English. Problems translating the actual words aside, reading the Bible in a modern, English-speaking mindset also strips the text of it's original lingual and cultural context (causing it to lose original, intended meaning) and places it into another (adding meaning that was never meant to be there). This affects what the words seem to be saying more than you can know.

This pdf is sorta long, but highly informative in regards to what the Biblical scriptures actually have to say about the idea of hell.

Educate yourself!
>>
File: 1330732852542.jpg (235KB, 850x979px) Image search: [Google]
1330732852542.jpg
235KB, 850x979px
>>
>>52386585
>How would you go about making Christian Cosmic Horror, /tg/?
...I don't understand the question...
...Revelation IS a friggin apocalipse scenario, Literally all you need do is just read that and use that as the framework for your own setting...

Then you have figures like Lucifur, aka Satan, aka The Devil. Who is an entity of pure evil, who has legions of fallen angels who have dedicated their very existence to corrupting and tormenting mortals out of spite and relish the chance to bring death and destruction upon the world. Even the Angels, beings of good who are supposed to be our allies from heaven are terrifying messengers and warriors. The christian religion already has elements and images that mix gallant valor and knightly heroes with pants-crapping cosmic horrors. Even some of the good guys (and I don't even need to put that in italics) are cosmic horrors.

This should all be quite familiar to anyone growing up in a western nation. Have you been living under a rock? or some country where Christianity never took root?
>>
>>52414233
To be fair. OP may just want advice to do it the best way.

Also Christianity is regressing in western nation and a lot of people know almost nothing about it.
>>
>>52411011
not that dude, but if God chose to not create evil people, a lot of good people would not exists. Consider the following: do you seriously beleive that all your ancestors were good people? Ofcourse not, saintly people can be descendants to average and below average people, and if we used your strict sense of justice, mankind itself would not exist, since the 2 first people according to christianity were sinners, and despite that many of their descendants turned out to be pretty pious (with some character flaws), such as King David, Abraham, and Christ himself.
>>
File: IMG_0823.jpg (19KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.jpg
19KB, 285x200px
>>52386585
It's called Gothic horror m8

Cosmic horror = Nothing matters and that's horrifying

Gothic horror = Humans do matter but it's for the worst
>>
In my church,
Humans where intelligences that have always existed, but we had no bodies or spirits. Then an intelligence called God gave us all spirit bodies so we can learn to see and hear and interact with the world.
Then to get us on his level God created test bodies out of flesh bone and blood(Gods body has only flesh and bone) these bodies allow us to get used to well... having a body. Like drivers ed for cosmic powers. This world is like a drivers ed for Gods, and if we follow his commandments we will inherit his power.
Long story short evil exists not because God created it, but because we choose to willing disobey him.
It's actually kind of cool.
>>
>>52414294
>To be fair. OP may just want advice to do it the best way.
well, for one it needs to have a "Good vs. Evil" theme about it, so OP will need to resist the urge to subvert that. But at the same time recognize that humans are fallible, something dark forces will exploit to no end. Also, there is a saying "even the Devil can quote scripture". A fanatical Christian cult may not really be doing God's work, it could just as well be Satan impersonating god in order to trick these people into doing evil in God's name. (so yes your christian fundies could still be the bad guys if you want it so) Hell it sounds like something The Devil would revel in doing.

Honestly, like any 'themed' work mastery of the source material is almost essential to doing it right. so researching christian lore both in and outside the bible will do you good.
>>
>>52414440
>everybody is in eternal splendor vs everybody + some more people are in eternal splendor at the cost of others suffering eternally

Doesn't seem like a difficult choice for a benevolent god.
>>
>>52401004
this picture is unclean
>>
All graven images must depict a GLOBAL apocalypse. Something who's impact will be felt on multiple continents.
>>
>>52415504
Limit 1/hour
>>
>>52414546
>Gothic horror
No grotesques
Japonese Mailroom rules apply.
>>
>>52415346
>>everybody is in eternal splendor vs everybody
this option doesn't exist. Remember, the first 2 people to exist where sinners. If you take them out of the equation, which is what you're saying God ought to do, then the rest of humanity doesn't exist either.

so you're left with wither:
>no people, and no one in heaven or hell
or
>some people get rewarded in spite of other people being shit.

don't see why the good guys should suffer and not exist just because their ancestors were crap. Good people are worthy of their reward in spite of bad people.
>>
>>52415346
Who can say why evil exists?
(Its an unaswerable question.)
>>
>>52415560
man I butchered that post. But hope I got the point across despite all those spelling errors.
>>
>>52415560
One day you might look in the mirror and see one of those bad people looking back at you.
>>
>>52415560
>this option doesn't exist
It should for a being that is capable of creating ANYTHING, knows everything that could be known, and is omnipotent.

>the first 2 people to exist where sinners
They didn't have to be. Are you saying every possible person that God could've created would've betrayed him because Satan had tricks in eden (a ridiculous allegory that certainly never actually happenned)?

>left with either some people you love chilling with you eternally and others suffering eternally
>or no people you love suffering eternally
Activates my almonds.

>don't see why the good guys should suffer and not exist

>suffer
>not exist
Pick one. You can't do both at once.

>>52415588
It is an irrelevant question. An all knowing and all powerful god COULD avoid it. A benevolent god WOULD avoid it.
>>
>>52411073
Lawfags pls go
>>
File: The voice of YHVH says.jpg (30KB, 240x186px) Image search: [Google]
The voice of YHVH says.jpg
30KB, 240x186px
>>52415766
>>
>>52414233
>This should all be quite familiar to anyone growing up in a western nation. Have you been living under a rock? or some country where Christianity never took root?

Actually I know about Revelation, and about Angels being completely terrifying. However, whilst the core of this setting is Christian, I am also incorporating several other aspects into it.
>>
>>52414070
>Gehenna means hell
Dropped
If the writer of that article did some research, that wouldn't even be in there as its been a well established fact for thousands of years that Gehenna was the city dump outside Jerusalem where people would put their refuse and light it on fire, the people who lived in Gehenna were the poor, lepers, and people that were kicked out of the city.
>>
>>52386585
read the OT and just go from there
>>
File: consideration.png (3KB, 143x176px) Image search: [Google]
consideration.png
3KB, 143x176px
>>52408114
>Christianity places humanity at the center of creation
source?

it seems silly to me that YHWH only ever made one world or one instance of sentient life. where does it say there aren't infinities of other dimensions, or just things of note in the depths of space?
>>
>>52403705
>Evil does not come from God
>>exists
>>does not come from God
nice try satan
>>
>>52418456
It doesnt says that aliens dont exist
It just says that humans are created as image of God. It puts us on defacto highest place after god. But doesnt drnies existance of other sentient races.
>>
>>52403705
I love you (nohomoslaanesh)
>>
>>52419331
even in the most limited cosmology image is not necessarily the most exalted attribute. is there some confirmation even that we are the only things made in the image of god?
>>
>>52406188
Catholic anon here

This guy here
My priest basically takes any chance to point out why a super literal interpretation of the old test is asking for loopholes amd trouble
>>
>>52419481

Nope, just that we are made in the image of God. I believe that there are certainly other universes and other mortals created by God, it's egotistical to assume that we're the absolute center of an omnipotent and omniescent entity's creation. I know if I were God, I'd create much more than earth and humanity.
>>
File: stone.jpg (360KB, 1593x1100px) Image search: [Google]
stone.jpg
360KB, 1593x1100px
The Trumpets, They Play! is a short horror comic by Al Columbia depicting Revelations. It's pretty good, I think you can read it online.

Anyway, one thing that horrifies me more than anything else is eternity. Make it something like I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, but with all of humanity. Humans band together to keep the demons away and try to keep from going insane.
>>
>>52419481
No. There is nothing written in bible that denies or confirms the existence of other sentient races. (Besides angels, but it destiny really count). It just says that we are image of God and that implies that we can become Godlike at the end (theosis). However other sentient races may exist in this universe. Maybe even elven qts are real (I wish :3 if not, i know exactly what I'm going to do and create after ascendance :3)
>>
>>52419749
*doesn't
>>
>>52419481
It implies that we are roughly copy-paste of God himself. This is already most exaled attribute. As for the rest, two anons already answered that.
>>
>>52419682
Thanks for the recommendation, and idea Anon! Yeah that's basically my idea. The war can never truly be won. Humanity isn't trying to win, it's trying to survive in a world gone mad.
>>
>>52420015
Is that molag bals planemeld portal? Where are the dark anchors?
>>
>>52417575

Did you not actually read the article? It goes on to say exactly what you just said.

However, some English versions do translate the word Gehenna into the word hell. Gehenna is brought up for the sake of thoroughness.
>>
>>52420015
More images that help to provide inspiration for various dark forces in this setting.
>>
Just add weird monsters and call them fallen angles
>>
>>52422129
The skies aren't safe. They will never be safe.
>>
>>52422221
Yeah that might also work. Sufficiently weird monsters are probably indistinguishable from demons and angels.
>>
File: a06[1].jpg (805KB, 3000x1680px) Image search: [Google]
a06[1].jpg
805KB, 3000x1680px
>>52422260
Also art of what the world might look like after the Apocalypse begins.
>>
>>52422294
>>
>>52422965
Just some shit the common folk might unfortunately witness in this new world.
>>
>>52415609
That's exactly my point. Assume that I get some pretty pious great great grandchildren. Would it not be unfair to blip them out of existence just because God couldn't wait a couple of fucking decades until my ass dies?
>>
>>52404440
So then, the fact that the Human C subtype exists means that (you're saying) that God isn't omnipotent? That God didn't preconfigure the C Humans to be predisposed to sin? If so, then aren't we inherently acknowledging a limitation in God's power if he is able to create flawed creations?

Or are you saying that a human being who sins isn't a flawed creation?

I'm genuinely asking - thanks for being a sport and replying so much in this thread.
>>
>>52404488
Lol
>>
>>52409967
He "knew" him. Meaning (the text implies) he fucked his drunkenly unconscious father in the ass.
>>
>>52428486
So has someone won yet? I'm not really clear on the rules of the sport.
>>
>>52386585

If it's christian-themed cosmic horror, then God either has to be not-so-powerful-after-all, neutral, or just plain evil. Or maybe, the god we worship isn't the real god, but another kind of all-powerful entity.

See Gnosticism, and the whole concept of the "Demiurge".
>>
>>52405721
>What went wrong, anon?
Adam and Eve stole the fruit of knowledge. We'be been over this.
>>
>>52386585
Read the Inferno and Purgatario and Milton's paradise lost for inspiration.
>>
>>52431457
Also if you want crusaders and people who fight against impossible odds. I'd read things like claymore, berserk, and the black company
>>
>>52431499
>like claymore
Just keep in mind that everything after the timeskip is shit.
>>
>>52428328
>unfair

They wouldn't exist to experience any kind of mourning over their loss. But you'd suffer eternally.
>>
>>52420328
>Did you not actually read the article?

considering that he apparently stopped the moment he saw the word Gehenna... I'm guessing "no"
>>
File: 358.jpg (618KB, 1896x2668px) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
618KB, 1896x2668px
>>52431499
Also SMT, as >>52406500 said.
>>
>>52386585
Jews and Muslims take over the world, a false messiah appears to lead them, performs miracles, is wounded but miraculously heals. Makes the global capital Jerusalem and rebuilds the temple. New "universal" religion formed which incorporates all major religions. Christians who don't convert are labelled divisive bigots and micro chipped and secretly genocided. "Angels" appear and demand worship. Leader declares war on the Christian remnants when they organize against him. Nukes and bioweapons used against rebel govetnments too. World becomes horrible hellscape as the bioweapons mutate in the wild and wipe out most of humanity. Atomsphere is irradiated. Etc.

There. Story.
>>
>>52386585
>How would you go about making Christian Cosmic Horror, /tg/?

It's the End of Days. As per the Book of Matthew, Jesus divides everyone who ever lived or died into two groups: those who directly aided the less fortunate, and those who did not. The first group joins him in the kingdom of Heaven On Earth. The second group goes to the lake of fire.

The people currently roasting in the lake of fire, the Pat Robertsons and Creflo Dollars of the world, are enraged because they feel they deserve to be in heaven in exchange for having prayed all their lives. They find ways to lash out from the lake of fire. They call the messiah a false prophet, using ignorance and lack of biblical literacy as evidence. "If we were truly in the wrong to have selflessly been devout all our lives, wouldn't we be in Hell? And if this creature really is the Messiah, wouldn't he have guided his flock to Heaven?"

They become demonic entities, sowing chaos and doubt among the people living on Earth in what should be a utopian society.
>>
>>52403441
You do realise you cannot combine evil and eldritch?

Lovecraftian horror works because it transcends good and evil. It reaches another plane. The horror of Lovecraft's stories come from the combination of good and evil in his "monsters". The hero failing presents both evil in the form of suffering and good in the form of enlightenment. The hero succeeding presents both evil in the form of ignorance and good in the form of wellbeing.
>>
>>52404525
Don't forget getting killed by God because instead of fucking your brother's widow wife to continue the family line, you jerk off onto the desert sand to avoid pigdisgusting incest.
>>
>>52432133
I'm pretty confident he didn't actually read anything prior to the word "Gehenna" either, as the article explains pretty well why it brings Gehenna up, and goes on to agree with what he said.
>>
>>52405596
filthy heresy that pollutes my Chinese video role-playing games.
>>
>>52414795
Become as gods
Become as gods
Become as gods
Become as gods
>>
>>52434530
>You do realise you cannot combine evil and eldritch?

Tell that to literally everyone who has depicted demons ever. And this isn't "lovecraftian" style horror my friend. There is a lot of inspiration yes, but much of it is drawn from various mythologies, which all managed to portray evil and eldritch to disturbing levels.
>>
File: 1367631967635.jpg (669KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1367631967635.jpg
669KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>52403705
Evil comes from God because he defined what is evil and allows it to exist. There's also the fact that God is guilty of all seven deadly sins and is a mass murderer.

I mean, that's assuming God is real, and he isn't. Gotta rip that Band-Aid off real quick.
>>
>>52386585
It's called real life.
>>
>>52402898
>>52402878
>>52402804
This is why I unironically believe that angels are/were aliens from another planet working as God's missionaries.
>>
>>52442926
*Tip* *Tip* *Tip* Mi'lady *Tip* *Tip*
>>
>>52443904
But can you actually refute what hes saying?
>>
>>52443925
The, "If God is real" part, no, because that is just asking for trouble.

But a construct is applied to anything in an area, not outside, and the thing that created both the construct and the area is outside it, means that the construct does not have to apple to the creator, because it's outside the constructs field of play.

The Creator is God, the Construct is Morality, and the area in which it applies is the Entire Universe.
>>
>>52419331
>Hey, I might have created other things in my spare time.
>But you are the coolest things I created! Have fun.

God, the Ultimate HFY writer.
>>
>>52444022
That's a pretty bad argument. Apologists never see the need to break out that argument when people say "God is good" or "God is great". That kind of confused thinking only seems to come out when someone criticizes god.
>>
File: gendo toilet.jpg (36KB, 537x714px) Image search: [Google]
gendo toilet.jpg
36KB, 537x714px
>>52410979
The Orthodox view is that hell is actually just being exposed directly to God's love for all eternity: it's just the same as heaven in that sense, but the difference is that by rejecting God's love through sin one comes to experience divine light as searing fire, not through Gods action but their reaction. Salvation and Damnation, eternal life and death, depend on whether we accept or reject God's love and life's primary goal is to prepare yourself to stand before God and experience absolute love with all of your being.

>>52411073
>trusting angels
I shiggydiggy
>>
>>52442926
I mean evil is everything that isn't morally acceptable. By building a house you separate an inside and outside but it's clear you didn't have to actually go and create anything outside: the point is that WE filled that space. God's incapable of pride because he can't vainly act higher than his limitless dignity, greed or gluttony because his creation is his and can't over consume to the point of waste, lust is just something he never demonstrates (inb4 anal birth blasphemy), and to suggest that God is careless or inactive is one of those things that makes no sense from the perspective of God being universal. Forces of nature kill people, but to call them murderers is to make human murder seem much to powerful, and the results of the actions of God and natural cause and effect are indistinguishable. On top of that physical death isn't an evil in itself, nor is God taking people from the world, as lives can be given and taken away by him justly. Sinful wrath and righteous anger are certainly different things. You can't accuse the law of violating the law: there's a difference between just execution and murder.
>>
Autism a day keeps sanity away:
So, I've been imagining a scenario after apocalypse, where material world ended and Humans finally Ascended , took their rightful place as images of God almighty himself. And since one of the aspects of Godhood is creation and creativity, every Human created his own plain of existence according to their condition of souls. But then, certain Ascended ones decided to recreate mortal world and incorporate every imagination human history had within that world: from novels to games, from simple thoughts to series, every world human mind has created before ascension would be gathered in this single realm. While large portion of Ascended remain neutral, certain group thought that this would be an abomination, recreation of mortal world. Yet, first group created this world, and became known as Genitores (latin:ancestors, creators I'm sure its butchered). While world was formed, Second group grow disgust and hatred towards new world, and with them, their plains of existence changed with them. Finally, full of pride and wrath, they waged war against Genitors in order to destroy new world. Of course, since Ascended are immortal, no one could win this war at the end, yet rift happened. Those, who waged wars against them became Adversarii (latin: Enemies). And since then, Ascended are waging eternal war over New world.
I know, its HFY with Aedric and Daedric roles are taken over by humans, but still, just wanted to share it...
>>
File: fedoralien.jpg (176KB, 1008x651px) Image search: [Google]
fedoralien.jpg
176KB, 1008x651px
>>52442926
*tips fedora
>>
>>52444350
>it's just feeling like you're on fire for eternity!

Literally would not be that way unless god willed it.
>>
>>52444819
>WE filled that space
We didn't create anything, we could only fill it with that which god created.
>>
>>52444085
like breeds like, a bad argument to go with a bad argument
>>
>>52444350
this tbqh
It is said that "heaven and Hell is within you". It's not a boiling pot (there's a big problem about helplessly burning second in order from creation, literal images of God.) It's the condition of soul and it solely depends on your own free will.
>>
File: 587_Seraph.jpg (592KB, 1812x2504px) Image search: [Google]
587_Seraph.jpg
592KB, 1812x2504px
>>
>>52396891
Elric really isn't that.

Elric is accidental apocalypse due really poor choices.
>>
File: 1478880531232.jpg (23KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1478880531232.jpg
23KB, 358x310px
>>52447987
>erudite explorers
>euphoric
A shame that it's edited
>>
>>52449572
Punishments are meant to hurt. Would you say that a parent making a child feel bad for disobeying is evil?
>>
>>52434577
>incest.
Fucking your brother's wife isn't incest.
>>
>>52404640
Earthly suffering is finite. Compared to an infinite afterlife, it's like nothing at all.
>>
>>52408114
I don't think it is.

Heaven is a place of "infinite joy and oneness with God"

Can you even imagine what that's like? You can't because it's impossible. We're trapped in these mortal vestments and can only perceive the finite.

Can you imagine being an angel? Being one with God? Understanding the whole of reality?

The thing you'd have to become to fit into heaven isn't even remotely human. It's a mind-numbing being of pure goodness. All that you are has to be burnt away, in a horrific manner to leave only what's pure enough to be worthy of the kingdom of God.

To be honest, hell, and it's infinite suffering are more relatable. You can suffer, and still be who you are as a person.
>>
New thread is opened
>>>52453732
I think, we should continue our discussion there
>>
Read Nostalgie De La Magie Noire by Vincent Ravalec, follows a dude during the end of days. It's a pretty fun read, not going to pretend I understood what the author tried to say, but IMO it has almost the exact atmosphere you are looking for, except the crusaders, knights and priests are ex-bandits who squat in a castle.
>>
>>52414070
>Sola Scriptura
WEW LAD!
>>
>>52428543
Yea, I've also read interpretations where he spread rumors of him doing said assfucking around too.
>>
>>52419582
It's important to remember that a lot of the first testament was written down centuries after the IRL events happened.

>Leviticus
>allegedly laws given by God to Moses
>Put on paper for the first time five hundred years after Moses died
>had stuff added and edited over the next two hundred years in accordance with what the Jewish hierarchy believed.
>>
>>52462995
didn't expect this conversation when i loaded up /tg/ today
>>
>>52463018
Always a pleasure
>>
>>52401647
Elder Gods without question. YHWH is more or less an Elder God with the way of his random rules and unknowable bullshit as well as having minions that melt your face just by existing and those of Hell are just the guys YHWH kicked out for not worshipping humanity/disobeying him.
>>
>>52402795
Best part is just how many demons did absolutely nothing harmful to humans (at least that we know of) and just offered information while being a bit scary.
>>
>>52406209
I like the fact that its the 5 and not 4 but I prefer my horsemen individualized. Regardless of the fact that they ride in the same order they should have different horses and outfits.
>>
File: 1479171667799.jpg (133KB, 667x667px) Image search: [Google]
1479171667799.jpg
133KB, 667x667px
>>52403137

So tell me friend? Are you omniscient?
>>
>>52386585
Unless you're using figures, creatures, and meta-rules from the christian religion's mythologies, there's nothing in that description that validates the use of the word "Christian" Cosmic Horror. Crusaders are the singular thing associated directly in any way.

What you're describing is just grim-dark fantasy where-in the main antagonists of the setting are abyssal super beings. The thematic s of an "eternal struggle," are pretty wide spread across most religions really, and in fact Christianity is one of the few with an absolute end-game where there's no point after that, and even if the forces of hell conquer the earth it doesn't really matter, because all the saved devotees are up chilling in heaven for all eternity because they've already done their part. "Oh well, can't go back to earth, guess I'll just hang out in this paradise of infinite bliss that the damned and corrupt are physically incapable of entering."
>>
>>52414070
>PERPETUALLY ROASTING BILLIONS OF PEOPLE

>NIGGA YOU SO FAT
>SO FAT
>NOBODY EVEN NEED TO DRAG YOU DOWN HERE, YOU JUST FELL
>>
>>52463154
>>52403137
> Could god have a loving reason for evil?
> Yes
> can you prove this
> Yes
> The god is not loving

> Has a loving reason
> Is not loving
> Because I don't understand the reasoning of an omniscient, all-powerful, eternal being
That's dumb.

Also, life is literally a test (in the context the we assume Christianity to be true)
> God makes Adam & Eve.
> they fuck up.
> "Don't talk to me or my garden ever again"
humans now have to prove if they're corrupted or not by how they live their lives
God doesn't whisk away evil thoughts or people be because he made us responsible in all ways for our actions and decisions, so we could better understand the concepts of good and evil, and what it means to chose to do the right thing, and what it means to chose to be evil.
If a god fixed all of our problems for us we'd just be that god's puppets. The point of free will is to let us be, the price is that some will chose to be evil, but the ideal is that over time you'd root out the bad seeds and we'd all eventually socially lean towards doing the right thing. It's not unlike that whole, "If you love it, let it go," adage. Because God loves us he wants us to be our own persons, not just his slaves.
Genesis strait up makes it Adam's job to take care of the earth in god's stead.

Old testament god was much more willing to smite the shit out of you if you disobeyed, but as that didn't really get anything done, so it's possible he just switched over to a passive-aggressive sort of proverbial parenting, or maybe it's because (compared to the times described in the bible), we're now +99.99% more responsible for our hardships; no supernatural force that's unfairly corrupting us by comparison. No telling what his thoughts on how that's going, since we've not passed that ~5k gap of years since the last time he switched up parenting methods. Can't be good though.

-but again, this is assuming the bible to be both true and accurate.
>>
>>52428699
>Underappreciated demiurge dubs

Satan is winning, but salvation doesn't come would be a breddy gud way to nail the creeping horror of realisation while getting the revelations scenario you want.
>>
>>52457498
In excess? Absolutely. Child abuse and disciplining a child are not the same thing
>>
>>52386585
You want for christian mythos in a horror vibe? It's called Kult, plain and simple.
>>
>>52457498
If the punishment was fucking eternal? Do you have any idea how dumb the argument you just made is? Parents punish their children to teach them something, so that after the punishment they can evaluate their choices differently, next time. There IS no next time after god's eternal punishment, and there is therefore no reason. A parent punishing their child just for the sake of punishing them is sadistic, and so is the concept of god eternally causing you to suffer/shunning you/burning you with his love. You don't learn anything. You don't get a chance to improve. You just suffer, forever, without end, for eternity. You've just believed in it long enough to not wonder about how fucked up that is at its very core.
>>
>>52458326
Exactly my point.

>God will help you through your earthly suffering if you honestly come to him with an open heart!

What about those he doesn't help?

>Earthly suffering doesn't matter!

Well, then what a dumb fucking point to have made in the first place. You're probably a different poster, though.

And I agree, compared to an infinite afterlife, what we do and experience here IS like nothing at all, and yet some people think that god allowing us to suffer eternally for pitiful slights during this infinitesimally small mortal existence is fair, and they also believe that he loves us and it's a result of his love. It's absurd.
>>
>>52463154
>We understand god enough to follow this intricate faith, but any potential flaws in it are because we don't understand god!

Fuck off.
>>
I disagree with using word "punishment". I mean, we are created in God's image, so it would be a bit...funny to punish minigods (in my opinion at least) and we have a free will and we can use it as we desire (with appropriate consequences, of course). If God wanted us to be slaves, we would be absent of that.
now let's talk about "punishment". It implies, that some other person is punishing another person. God is allloving, which means that he wont do that. It is human himself, punishing his soul. Hell or Heaven isn't a place, it's a condition of soul. If you corrupt it, it's your choice. God would still love you, yet you will reject him, due to your corrupted soul condition. It's like feeling guilty and avoiding the person you know, despite the fact that you know, that he is still forgiving, your inner self is holding you back.
Another misconception:"Satan and demons punish humans". No, they deceive humans and twisting them to corruption. We are weak compared to them in mortal plain of existence, but the fact that we are images of God, already put us on second Highest place in General (after God himself). Inferior cannot punish superior, all they can do is deceive them to make their life as miserable as their own.
A bit HFY post, you will say, ok, its my opinion, you have yours. It's called free will and free thinking :3
>>
>>52467025
Also, the nickname says nothing, I forgot to disable it, after I came back drom another plain of exis.... 4chan board.
>>
>>52386585
Drakengard.

Speak not the Watchers.
>>
>>52467025
>yet you will reject him, due to your corrupted soul condition.

Dumb assumption.
>>
Could always go the route of mixing Lovecraft, Christianity, and the whole "aliens created mankind" thing...

God (and his angels) are cosmic horrors who created mankind by mistake. Something like Nyarlathotep is what actually spoke the various holy books to mankind in order to sow seeds of war between various sects.
>>
Little late to the conversation, but I'm throwing out my own thoughts on the whole good/evil how can God do bla bla bla. It's basically the multiverse ideas. God makes all reality. Sees all and knows all. Knows every head of hair I have, eons before I'm born. Knows all I will do, or can do. By allowing free will, each choice each of us make creates new possibilities. In this world, I've chosen to follow God, and believe in Him. In another alternate, I haven't. He exists as just one, permanent state, seeing all these infinite outcomes, of if I have a Ham or Tuna sandwich today, and the choices that branch from it. In these infinite realities, I have the freedom of choice, and He watches over them all, observing and doing His thing.
>>
>>52386585
Strictly speaking, you can't do both because they depend upon opposite, mutually exclusive worldviews. Either you've got an omnipotent all-loving supreme being on your side or you don't. Either the true powers in the universe are indifferent to us or they're not. Your setting can have the Abrahamic god or it can have Azathoth, but it can't have both.
>>
>>52467604
and eternally punishing the versions of you that slighted him.
>>
>>52471329

Sure, but it was my choice, and that ain't this me so who cares what happens to another me I'll never meet?
>>
>>52439271
That is just drawing something that has a fucked anatomy and calling it Lovecraftian.

That is not how it works.

A Lovecraftian cosmic horror can look like anything. Because it is not about how it looks. It is about its role in the universe.

Distant. All powerful. All knowing. Uncaring. Undeniable. Inescapable.

Lovecrafian horrors are personifications of the universe, time and reality.
>>
>>52472332
Considering that the Seven Deadly Sins are demons themselves, and are concepts that humans deal with daily with no escape, nor reprieve from their deleterrious influence ? I would most certainly call that Lovecraftian.
>>
File: Jimmy.jpg (216KB, 1600x743px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy.jpg
216KB, 1600x743px
>>52387300
Pretty much just came here to say this.
>>
>>52399461
Forneus shouldn't be a "good" demon, exactly.

Just a relatively calm/nice one.
>>
>>52404525
>Watchers
Drakengard pls go
>>
>>52403081
difrent annon, and i as well dont want to go full fedora, but that makes no sens. If god is all knowing and know everythings that has is and will happene then we dont have free will, the future is set. If he dose not know everything that was is and will be then he is not all knowing
>>
>>52458426
>Can you imagine being an angel?
Humans don't become angels.
>>
>>52478378
yep
it would actually be a degrading to become an angel as an ascended human.
God>Images of God(humans)>Angels>Garbage>Fallen Andgels
>>
>>52478378
>>52479118
>who is Enoch
>who is Elijah
>>
>>52419682
>>52420015
It should be noted that other Al Columbia works fit in far better with this than The Trumpets They Play. It's aesthetically and culturally what OP is looking for, but thematically it's completely wrong, something that comes apparent when you read other Al Columbia works.
>>
>>52479926
Whats with them?
They didn't became Angels, they've just ascended and may return during the second coming (according to legend)
>>
File: general.jpg (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
general.jpg
8KB, 215x235px
General zapped an angel
>>
>>52386585
Okay, I'm throwing in some half-baked ideas into the mix:

Basically, Gnosticism with a twist channeled through crazier fantasy elements. It isn't accurate at all but that's the sort of the point.
-God isn't the creator but rather the Demiurge, however unlike other depictions of the Demiurge he's actually a 'good' guy in the sense has a greater purpose than just holding humans in cage.
-As with some versions of gnosticism, humans are a piece of the divine.
-You see, his 'cage' is really a sanctuary for these pieces of the divine humans are. Its not perfect and, in fact, its rather messy but its better than what lies outside.
-So what's outside? Eldritch abominations of course!
>>
>>52481761
They literally and not figuratively became the angels Metatron and Sandalphon
>>
File: HELL.jpg (113KB, 660x996px) Image search: [Google]
HELL.jpg
113KB, 660x996px
>>52386585
With a small amount of refluffing the setting Aegeron (presented by Gun Metal Games in their SW book Codex Infernus) would work.

The world was great and gods (refluff to angels) guided man in their early days teaching them how to survive, thrive, and a celestial Language of Creation that made it possible for people to use magic. Most who learned the Language of Creation got lusty for power and dabbled in dark arts (necromancy, blood sacrafice, etc.) and became known as sorcerers. One day everyone had enough of the Sorcerers' shit and decided to tell the gods to arrest them, the gods refused to, and when the people went to do it themselves the sorcerers could not be found anywhere. Turns out the sorcerers had used giant mysterious stone gates that had been around forever to leave the world and when the gods were asked about the gates their only response was LEAVE THE GATES ALONE. One sorcerer was found looking for a book at their old lair and arrested/questioned. Crazy bastard said the sorcerers went to a previously unknown Netherworld which turns out is inhabited by demons. The people find out how to open-up the gates, do so, and then the gods stopped interacting with them. One demon invasion and still no gods later mankind has managed to weather a terrible event and has learned that time on Earth is much faster than time in Hell and hold the one artifact that may either bring them damnation or salvation, the titular Codex Infernus.
>>
>>52482616
Oh hello, mr. Kabbalistic jew
>>
>>52458426
Jimmy?
>>
>>52482406
This is a good idea. Thanks for sharing Anon.
>>
>>52482984
[being known intensifies]
>>
>>52483155
No problem. I'm sure with time it could be expanded into a proper setting.

>>52483169
(((oy vey)))
>>
>>52389901
What is Three Days of Darkness?

Also, someone needs to post the draw- and writefaggotry from that old thread where /tg/ stat up Yahweh, Jesus, and Moses in 4e.
>>
>>52403544
Didn't John Carpenter make a movie about this?
>>
>>52406209
The Horsemen draw neigh.
>>
>>52458426
Isn't 'becoming one with creation' more of a Hindu thing?
>>
>>52483567
Yup.
>>
>>52483611
10/10
>>
>>52483697
>TFW you get a (You).
>>
>>52483179
Presuming you actually are Jewish, would you mind chiming in on the difference between Hell and Sheol?
>>
>>52483381
>Also, someone needs to post the draw- and writefaggotry from that old thread where /tg/ stat up Yahweh, Jesus, and Moses in 4e.

I'm trying to find this, because I remember an awesome image of God as this colossal white being with many eyes, a serpent's tail instead of legs, and just covered with blue fire.
>>
File: thathideous.jpg (39KB, 315x500px) Image search: [Google]
thathideous.jpg
39KB, 315x500px
If you want to see a modern example of the Christian mythos meaningfully expanded in an interesting and original way while still being accurate to the source material, read the Space Triloy, by C.S. Lewis (yes, that C.S. Lewis).

The third book in particular, That Hideous Strength, is pretty Lovecraftian, except of course for the fact that, in stark contrast to Lovecraft's writings, the most powerful cosmic entity in the universe is both intimately aware of humanity and more benevolent to humanity than humanity is to itself.
>>
>>52387259
Dude, tap the conspiracy gold mine; check out Robert Munroe and loosh farming
>>
HFY Idea:
So, as it is said, Satan and his followers fell, because they didn't bow to Adam. So, I just imagined post-apocalyptic times, where now ascended humans are terrorizing hell and Fallen Angels (ironic, isn't it?), demanding them to bow and kneel before them and submitting them into their service, screaming phrases like "Bow before Images of Almighty himself, Abomination!", etc...
>>
>>52402383
>>52402614
>>52402680
I'm fond of the interpretation of Satan in the movie Drive Angry where he is quoted as, "Simply the warden of a very large prison. Quiet man actually, thoughtful and he's well read. And I happen to know the idea of sacrificing children in his honour annoys him greatly.".

Something about the Satan not being 100% malevolent all the time makes him so much more interesting.
>>
>>52483780
The difference between hell and Sheol is the difference between the Asphodel Fields and Tartarus. One is generic underworld while the other is a place of punishment
>>
>>52409564
If god is real then why do militant athiests argue about him all the time?
>>
>>52463484
>knowledge of good an evil in apple
>don't know that not doing what you're told is wrong
>don't knwo the difference between right and wrong
>get punished for doing something wrong
>all children also get punished

There's a lot of ways to look at that scenario, literally or metaphorical, as kind of off-kilter
>>
>>52403081
>Creates beings perfect and free of all temptation
>They get tempted and become imperfect

Please explain
>>
>>52403081
>God gives all of His creations free will
> God had nothing to do with it
You need to revise your thoughts to remove this contradiction. A being who is all-knowing and all-powerful would know that giving free will to Adam and Eve would result in them partaking of the tree of knowledge.
>>
New thread
>>52493458
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.