[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 25

File: 1489177741046.png (302KB, 458x274px) Image search: [Google]
1489177741046.png
302KB, 458x274px
GP San Antonio edition

Playing?

Hating?

How do you feel about the deck diversity in the tournament so far?

Are you playing in it?

How do you feel about the announcing today?

Thoughts on the tourny meta so far?

How do you feel about Team unified?

Fact or Fiction? 8th and 9th should be banned
http://www.strawpoll.me/12656188

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
>>52486804
how? it's fucking skred, minimal decision making required

t. skred player
>>
>Chained to the Rocks in Modern Burn

WHAT
>>
>>52487067
it's strictly better than PtE, scrub netdeckers just like to keep prices high
>>
>>52487108

Maybe if it wasn't an enchantment, yeah.
>>
>>52487108
Except, ya know, pte is an instant. I mean, I can see pros and cons of both. I would say they're almost comperable.
>>
>want to get into Modern
>too expensive to get a good deck

Wish I didn't take so many breaks when I was playing, then this would be so much easier to get into.
>>
>>52487370
there are dozens of decent decks below the $1k mark. it's not as expensive as people think if you pick a deck that doesn't play fetch lands
>>
>>52487370
It's really not that bad. Prices are still obscene, but it's just as expensive as any other recreational hobby.
>>
>>52487405

I am comparing Modern to other MTG formats.
>>
>>52487370
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern/full#paper

there are plenty of decks that are reasonably priced, you don't have to play Jund or Abzan man. It's more important to play a deck you like and stick with it in modern rather than just play the most expensive stuff.
>>
Thinking of getting into modern, anyone have any pointers for running 8-rack?
>>
>>52487420
Compare it to Standard.

A t1 standard deck is easily a t2 modern deck
>>
>>52487438
Always choose to draw
>>
>>52487420
it's cheaper than standard if you account for rotation, although the upfront cost is higher. but at the same time, your deck isn't likely to be made completely obsolete every time a new set is released.

Price wise it's actually somewhat close to legacy. reserved list cards are the only thing that puts legacy decks over the top, but something like RB reanimator is a competitive deck that carries a price tag of like, what, $600?

Nobody plays paper vintage

and EDH is the wildcard where decks can be 3x as expensive if you want to be the vintage singleton verison, or 1/10th the price if you play with other casuals using pre-con power level decks.
>>
>>52487420
But Modern is in the middle as far as expenses in various formats are concerned.

>Pauper: average cost $40
>Standard: varies by season, but usually around $300
>Modern: around $700 for an average deck. $1000 for BGx
>Legacy: anywhere between $600- $1700
>EDH/Commander: varies. Anywhere between $200- $2500

Budget decks exist in all formats, though, just usually not tiered.
>>
>>52487438
yes, play a different deck
>>
>>52487458
Once you add an additional 300 or so sure.
>>
>>52487500
>Modern: $1000 for BGx
>Legacy: anywhere between $600- $1700
Those estimates seem pretty low.
>>
>>52487500
BGx costs around 1200-1500 senpai, the avg seems on point though maybe could be 600
>>
>>52487564
most legacy decks aren't actually that expensive unless they play blue duals. the ones that do fall around $1500-$2000. BUG and something like lands ends up around ~$3000.

eldrazi and D&T are tier 1 decks in legacy and both are just a cunt hair over $1k

the "legacy requires a second mortgage to play" is just a meme
>>
>>52487625
The only decks that are 600 dollars in legacy are like manaless dredge and burn. Non blue decks cost about a grand. Blue decks start at 2 grand and go to 3. Elves is 2 grand also. This information is easy to find dude, everybody knows legacy is expensive.
>>
File: 1473167253151.png (8KB, 345x407px) Image search: [Google]
1473167253151.png
8KB, 345x407px
>>52487625
>tfw r/b reanimator costs as much as a t2 modern deck
>>
>>52487625
>most legacy decks aren't actually that expensive unless they play blue duals.
Were you excluding decks with blue duals in your estimate? It seems misleading to state that Legacy has a price range of $600-$1700 without mentioning that you're ignoring a portion of the competitive decks.

>the ones that do fall around $1500-$2000.
According to mtggoldfish, those decks range from about $2,200 to $3,400.
>>
>>52487625
>Curious, so I check out the legacy meta on MTGGoldfish
>Burn: $203
The fuck
Can you actually win with it?
>>
>>52487965
Yes, modern burn is a fucking meme, mono red burn in legacy is cheap and strong, just prepare for boring as fuck games vs miracles.
>>
>>52487803
what? literally every figure there is wrong.

manaless dredge and burn are like, $150 and $200 respectively. Non-blue decks vary widely in price. BR reanimator is around $500-600 before you decide what kind of sideboard you want. But BGx like junk midrange are still $2k.

Blue decks can be made cheaper by only running 2x of your duals instead of 4 with almost no change in performance other than a greater weakness to wasteland. UR delver is seriously like $1600 and over half of that is scalding tarn and volcanic island.
>>
>>52487837
however mtggoldfish figures the prices isn't 100% accurate. I can go search for all 75 cards for a list and picking out heavily played/whatever is cheapest (except for damaged) I can shave $200-300 off of their estimated prices. I have UBg reanimator and it was only about $1850 after bargain hunting for a few weeks. and that's with 4x force of will and 3x underground sea (and 1x bayou/1x tropical)
>>
>>52488031
So your price range for Legacy is assuming that the cards would be obtained at the lowest possible prices. Is this true for the price averages of the other formats that were listed?
>>
>>52488137
yes.

are you telling me when you buy cards you buy them all at "median" prices instead of searching for better deals on expensive staples?
>>
>>52488164
No, I don't buy cards. I was just interested in the prices you listed.
>>
>>52488164
Not him, but I generally don't like playing with damaged cards so I don't usually go below LP when I'm hunting.
>>
>>52488196
i find that what most stores list as "heavily played" is what I consider lightly played. on one occasion I ordered three HP and one LP from the same vendor because I needed 4 of that card, and I couldn't tell the difference in them other than the most minor edge wear I've ever seen

>>52488191
I think we might have gotten confused. I posted >>52487625 but I didn't post >>52487500

I was just agreeing that budget decks exist in legacy, and budgetized versions of expensive decks can be made without affecting playability.
>>
>>52488237
>i find that what most stores list as "heavily played" is what I consider lightly played. on one occasion I ordered three HP and one LP from the same vendor because I needed 4 of that card, and I couldn't tell the difference in them other than the most minor edge wear I've ever seen
See that's where we differ because every time I've ordered lower than LP I get stuff like heavily curled cards, noticeable creases heavy edge wear etc. It's cool that you either don't care or got lucky though, but personally I've found that if it's listed as HP it's probably got something wrong with it.
>>
>>52488304
damn. Sorry about your luck then. I once ordered a damage alhammaret's archive for EDH and it was pretty fucked up but playable in a sleeve, but that experience taught me not to trust cards listed as damaged, but I've never been burned on ordering a heavily played before
>>
Haven't been paying attention, what's the field looking like so far?
>>
>>52488362
it's unified modern so the field is gonna be more skewed towards less played decks that don't use cards that mainstream decks use. For example there have been merfolk and KCI combo and kiki eldritch evolution combo all in the feature match area.
>>
>>52488393
Figured the field would be skewed towards less played decks, just wondering which decks have been working so far
How much DSZ has been on? And how did the KCI deck fare?
>>
>>52488414
KCI looked great in game one but I'm pretty sure it lost both post board games. Almost every team has had some death's shadow deck, there has been the regular jund, but also grixis and abzan.
>>
>>52488438
Don't forget the sultai death's shadow.

The only combo we're missing at this point is mardu DS
>>
>>52488438
Surprised more people aren't running AN since most of it's cards are unique
Figure nobody's running Tron
>>
>>52488477

Some people are running AN and a few were running Eldrazi Tron but none for traditional Tron.
>>
>>52488544
P much what I expected
Still think Twoo isn't right about Eldrazi tron, it's not awful like he thinks
>>
>>52488559

It's not awful but it's a typical curve deck that just wants to cast bigger dudes every turn. It has terrible removal suites and all its answers have to either be colorless or shit with Phyrexian Mana(Dismember, Surgical Extraction) and hopes to trade profitably or stabilize with a Basilisk Collar on a Walking Ballista or Endbringer.

It's fine but a boring deck but sometimes boring is what you need to get the job done, in a nutshell it's just an Eldrazi deck running Tron lands.
>>
>>52488690
I think the worst part about it is it's problem with removal and I don't think it's that bad, which is what makes it good at taking down other midrange threats since it has a bigger top end, but I think it's going to get over by DZS and you're better off with Bant to fight that
I played a good amount of it online and I had a good winrate against everything but DSZ
>>
give me THE BEST merfolk list. thinking about starting up and I love the look of the deck so i want to get a list to start building on. also incluse the price if you can
>>
>>52489149
Merfolk lists haven't changed since the last merfolk were printed m8
>>
>>52489149
literally
ANY
site that sells cards will have a list

don't be fucking dumb
>>
>>52489149
Merfolk is boring
>>
>>52489193
well i just need a list in general famalama, im too gay and lazy to google, and when I have there have been variations in some decks
>>
>talk about fish
>instantly becomes bait

you tipped the hand lad. No point maintaining a poor ruse.
>>
>>52489247
fish triggers people for some reason.
really makes you think
>>
>>52489257
fucking timmies
>>
I'd like to know if I could ask a judge to watch my game when an Eggs player is going off so I know if they're 100% doing the motions correctly.
>>
>>52489282

How are they Timmies? Anything blue is like kryptonite to them.
>>
>>52489319
probably not, judges have better shit to do usually
>>
>>52489352
Of course. It's the timmies who always complain and want bans.

I heard one ask for a Congregate ban once. It was horrible.
>>
5$ says shitzards bans DS in a 3 months
>>
The new version of Burn seems very strong. Went undefeated at FNM. Pros say its got a bad Deaths Shadow matchup but I havent lost to it much and it doesnt feel that bad, maybe they arent piloting it right against me.
Kataki, War's Wage is good spice against Affinity.
>>
>>52489446
I really hope not. Its fair and not overpowered. Its one of the fairest top decks modern has had in a while.
>>
>>52489446
They'd more likely ban bauble, but if they do ban anything from the deck, I'll probably stop playing.
There's nothing oppressive about the deck
>>
>>52489458
>Pros say its got a bad Deaths Shadow matchup
That's literally the opposite, Nacatl are basically dead against the deck

>>52489477
>>52489484
I think you're right and it's easily the most interesting deck in the format, but I can still see wizards hitting the deck because it's too fast or something stupid like that
>>
>>52489484
Banning bauble would be the worst ban ive ever seen
>>
>>52489508
Im playing the RW version with no Nacatl. Just a green splash for Destructive Revelry. Nacatl is nice but hes not a good topdeck.
>>
>>52489544
That's what I've heard most people say is the best version and it makes perfect sense why. a vanilla 3/3 just doesn't cut it and spells are guaranteed damage
>>
>>52489458
I play against Burn quite a bit at locals, and it's always extremely easy.
I can get my Shadows to 5/5 or higher much easier, which puts their creatures on blocking duty. Any burn I take to the face after that is just going to let me one shot them with Battle Rage.
>>
>>52489433

I've had a person say that Damnation and Wrath of God should be banned but that Verdict is fine because he was playing some meme regeneration shitbrew and I blew him the fuck out with Damnation.
>>
>>52487108
>what is instant speed
>what is abrupt decay
>>
>>52489585
I've heard from quite a few people that Goyf should be banned. I never pay them any attention, so I don't know their reasoning.
>>
Trying to put together something for modern.. Considering buying a couple of cheaper decks bc I'm autismo and don't like playing only one deck

Thinking maybe mono G Stompy, bc I already have a playset of CoCo, and then maybe a more budget UR delver? I have a couple snapcasters and a lot of the instants in delver

Any other suggestions for fun/relatively cheap decks that can still manage to take games?
>>
>>52489561
I'm really glad Burn is moving away from Nacatl. Everyone thought I was crazy when I wasn't playing them after the unban. "omg it's a green Bolt!" Yeah, but it's a lousy topdeck and dead on about 1/3rd of my matchups. When I was testing, I ended up siding it out for some number for spells, and a card that's the go- to to take out of your mainboard, is a card best removed.
>>
>>52487067
>bump in the night in modern burn
>>
>>52489672
>Gonti's mechanations in modern burn
>>
>>52489650
If you already have a playet CoCo, buy Allies. Allies are hilarious.
>>
>>52489877
I didn't know hilarious was synonymous with garbage eksDee
>>
>>52489225
literally in the OP you lazy shitstain
>>
>>52489561
Yeah having a much higher win rate without the Nacatls.
>>52489577
I guess. If you go down low enough though theres always chance for double bolt or boros charm bolt.
>>
>>52489652
It also dies to more removal now because Push
>>
Anyone play RW Prison here?
I think it's pretty fun. Not that great.

Just wondering if the planeswalker build is the best. The LD themed variant seems weakest
>>
>>52490345
Its an interesting deck due to the many variants of it. The Land Destruction is probably the weakest but against certain decks can easily win along with early Blood Moon. Chalice is your heavy hitter against Burn and Affinity. You struggle against Tron though because Blood Moon can only delay the inevitable hardcast fatties. The decks only problem is its awkward draws and removal sometimes.
>>
Im trying to make a variant of mono B 8-rack control that has bit more going on. considering dropping the racks and relying on Obliterator + arena and deaths shadow for wincon

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-09-16-assisted-suicide/
>>
>>52490345
I feel like Gideon, AoZ is a lot better then Gideon Jura at stabilizing and fighting off aggro. Gideon Jura can only force Deaths Shadows to have to kill him next turn where as AoZ pours out streams of tokens for one less mana.
>>
Why the fuck does Skred play 4 Mind Stone? Why not just play 4 Simian Spirit Guide instead for explosiveness? Or Magus of the Moon for more Blood Moon effects.
>>
>>52490707
>Magus of the Moon
It's like you don't know why blood moon is good
>>
>>52490707
probably to get into its 4's and 5's faster since those are what it uses to stabilize
It's also card draw
>>
>>52490725
Bolt is less ubiquitous then it used to be. Fatal Push cant be cast from a Mountain. Plus more Moon effects makes you more likely to have it opening hand.
>>
>>52490707
skred is a control deck
it doesn't play ssg for the same reason the blue moon doesn't play it, you don't want to 2-for-1 yourself when your goal is to out grind your opponent
>>
Why the FUCK is chalice $60 each

REPRINT WHEN
>>
>>52490816
Because it's being played in every Tron variant and the shitty RW decks
>>
File: sac_a_lot.jpg (249KB, 679x626px) Image search: [Google]
sac_a_lot.jpg
249KB, 679x626px
with fricking pia's revolution does the enchantment owner just pick any opponet when an art goes to the grave yard ?
>>
>>52491009
yes
your idea still isnt great
>>
If I wanted to make a Sultai Death's Shadow deck, what blue cards would I want to run besides visions? I wanted to go with a sort of controlling deck that is more interactive than DSJ and wins with Become Immense instead of rage or rampager. Should I cut the inquisitions for cheap counters like pierce/snare/stubborn denial? The main reason I want to build this deck is that it would feature 2-3 Night's Whispers that can be set up by Visions or just be cheap card advantage on its own that also beefs up your shadows
>>
>>52491091
delver and snaps
spell pierces and the like i guess
it'd probably look like grixis shadow but with goyfs, just a thought
>>
>>52491009
I love the synergies with pia's revolution, I do... But the card just isn't that great, even if built around. But then again, I could be wrong, in fact, I want you to prove me wrong, anon
>>
>>52491009

Couldn't you just throw Pia's Revolution into robots and use arcbound ravager as a sac outlet/damage dealer? Throw down an opal, tap sac to ravager recast it etc?
>>
File: metadecks.png (2MB, 1082x1749px) Image search: [Google]
metadecks.png
2MB, 1082x1749px
>>52487500
Most DSJ decks are over $1,500.
>>
>>52487427
Not the same guy, but this is only half true. I've been playing the same deck for over a year now, but with meta changes, my deck now has bad matchups against every tier 1 deck.
>>
>>52491126

So should I just get rid of the wraiths completely? My creatures currently have are:
DS x4
Goyf x2
Snapcaster x2
Wraiths x4

I could cut the wraiths and run 2 more snaps and two more Night's Whisper, or just four Delvers. Not sure what fits the game plan better.
>>
>>52491253
Grixis Shadow still runs 4 wraiths, and also runs 4 snaps as well, then runs 3 tasigur 1 fish as beaters
I'd say don't bother with night's whisper, it's too slow

>>52491247
which deck?
>>
>>52491253
Only 2 goyfs? Your list keeps sounding worse and worse
>>
sorry about the late reply.
but yes, i like the direction you got my mind goin now.
>>
>>52491231
How can anyone say this meta isnt the best Modern has had in a while? You have Scapeshift, Storm and Ad Nauseam all in Tier 1 and 2 so if you want to play combo you have viable options. Midrange is good and Bant Eldrazi is sweet. DSJ is a very unique deck that doesnt feel oppressive despite being the top deck. And if you want to play aggro you got Burn and Affinity.
>>
>>52491231
>>52491724
Also dredge still being a thing is nice to see as the deck is fairly cheap but is a lot more fair without Troll and not overly dominant
>>
im trying to buy the fetches from mm17. should i buy them now or wait for them to drop more?
>>
>>52491724
No good control which is a kick in the nuts
DSJ is cool though, fully agree
>>
>>52491777
The problem is there is no card even on the ban list that would benefit a control deck. They just suck because the card pool they have to work with sucks.
The cantrips would benefit Storm and Ad Nauseam way more then control decks and make them tier 1. JtMS is a 4 mana walker who against decks like Burn, Affinity and DSJ will come down too late to matter/you tap out to play him and die.
>>
>>52491877
But what about Dig Through Time?
>>
>>52491969
>Banned in Legacy
Never
>>
>>52491769
You should have bought them 2 weeks ago.

They're only going up from here on out
>>
I really wish wizards would print a bullet to kill gbx decks. 1 mana discard,liliana and abrupt alone put them above any fair strategy. I mean mirran crusader and rest in peace are close but just get discarded away. Every deck in the format has a weakness except for them. Not to mention that the agressive cmc of their cards allow them "to do more stuff" in a turn and hardly if ever get mana screwed. I honestly think no other archetype is worth playing
>>
>>52492084
>I honestly think no other archetype is worth playing
Then git gud
>>
>>52492084
BGx is cancer everywhere, blame wizards fucking stupid design philosophy
>>
>>52491877
That's the problem. They're banning tools instead of the combo cards themselves. The dci is incompetent as all fuck.
>>
>>52492136
>lookatme.jpg
>>
File: 329.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
329.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>52492084
>I really wish Wizards would print a bullet to kill GBx decks
They did
>>
>>52492102
>git gud against a deck that's damn near playing legacy while you're playing modern.

Sure thing champ.
>>
>>52492171
Play Tron. GBx folds hard to Tron.
>>
>>52492136
When ponder and preordain were banned every deck was playing them. When DTT and cruise were legal delver was the top deck, not combo. These cards are broken because they're just too high a power level for modern, not because of combo.
I think preordain is actually fine though.
>>
>>52492169
gbx's tron matchup isn't really that bad especially not death's shadow. You guys are acting like it's down right abysmal and that's not the case.
>>
>>52492226
I honestly think the format could have adapted to cruise delver, we just weren't given enough time to.
>>
>>52492230
Traditional Junds tron matchup is downright abysmal. It is near impossible to beat a turn 3 Reality Smasher let alone a turn 3 Karn, Ballista with Basilisk Collar is another tough one and Ugin is a beating and of course Thought Knot
>>
>>52492230
If you're still playing regular Jund or Abzan, some people still are believe it or not, your match up to Tron is a fucking nightmare.
DSJ is much different since you can win on turn 3 and if it goes longer, you can GSZ for Fulminators.
>>
>>52492036
fucking hell... guess i'll just have to keep borrowing them from my friends
>>
File: esper.png (33KB, 724x361px) Image search: [Google]
esper.png
33KB, 724x361px
So I put together an Esper Delver list. I threw all the good removal together in a pile. It was made mainly to fight DS decks, which I've done super well against, but it's got good game against other midrange/tempo strats as well. The bad matchups are mainly Tron and Combo. I don't know what to do there, and the sideboard is a bit of a mess.

Gurmag Angler has been okay but he's usually outclassed by DS and Goyfs. Might replace him with a stickier threat like St. Traft. Delver sucks dick, but I'll feel bad about taking him out. I should also put in a few more fetches for my Pushes

Thoughts? Advice?
>>
>>52492171
>he thinks BGx is close to legacy

Have you played Legacy?

Or modern for that matter
>>
>>52492359
Dont play Blue in Modern. Delver is not good.
>>
What's the cheapest semi-viable (like FNM level) combo deck?
>>
>>52492171
t. Affinity player
>>
>>52492359
Play Grixis instead.
>>
>>52492406
UR Storm is pretty good. Cut the Scalding Tarns for Khans Blue fetches to save a bit of cash.
>>
>>52491724

Yes I agree that Modern is in a really good and healthy spot right now despite the prevalence of Death's Shadow decks because there's quite a bit of variance between them (Jund, Grixis, Sultai versions etc.) There are many tier 2 or past tier 2 decks that still have reasonable or 50/50 matchups against them.
>>
>>52492401
It's amazing against combo decks, which is a good portion of the top tier right now
>>
>>52492468
DSJ is also good against combo decks, and doesn't play the worst color in modern.
>>
>>52492480
Yea well DSJ is busted so what do you want? Everyone should play DSJ only?
>>
>>52492468
Burn is good against combo decks and doesnt play the worst color in Modern
>>
>>52492401
Delver sucks yeah, but I actually really love the Blue in my deck. Snaps are basically 4 more copies of removal and Thought Scour is so good.

>>52492427
I thought about it, but my local meta is all DSJ which makes Lightning Bolt such a worthless card. Going White gets me get Path and Souls, which are both great against DS
>>
>>52492506
You dont have to play DSJ. Just play something non blue if you want to win more.
>>
>>52492533
You know what else is 4 more copies of removal? 4 more copies of a removal spell and guess what you dont have to play an Ambush Viper to get value from them.
>>
>>52492533
>4 more copies of removal
>Don't want to snap bolt snap
>>
More playable version of Snapcaster
>>
Alright so after a bit of re-adjusting I created this pile
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-04-17-sultai-deaths-shadow/
No nights whisper, but I'll probably add truths in the sb for certain matchups. Sb is still in progress, but I doubt it will have anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>>52492591
>Wanting to play two ambush vipers and bolt them
You know what you could do for less mana and the same amount of cards? Lava Spike, Lava Spike, Bolt
>>
>>52492480

Death's Shadow Decks have never played white.
>>
File: 169.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Better Snap
>>
>>52492643
That's not true. How else would you cast lingering Souls and ranger of eos
>>
>>52492643
They actually did splash white for Lingering Souls and Ranger of Eos. Also Path to Exile >>>> Serum Visions
>>
>>52492649
>dies to Deathmark
what a shit card
>>
>>52492628
Burn is lame and not even very good. Fuck off
>>
>>52492679
So does Goyf. Come to think of it Ambush Vipers a pretty decent answer to Goyf
>>
>>52492664
>>52492668

FUCK. You're right.

But in retrospect they've also played blue in Sultai lists. I guess Death's Shadow Decks just run whatever the fuck they want depending on how the person feels.
>>
>>52492695
Its literally the third most played deck in the format and is extremely consistent and powerful. It also doesnt play bad cards like Snapcaster.
>>
>>52492699
Why the hell would you not just play removal
>people in this thread are actually arguing that snapcaster Mage is a bad card
>>
>>52492649

If it had kicker X and came in with X +1/+1 counters, you might have a point. But part of the value of snap is that its power scales up as the game goes longer and you can flash back more powerful stuff like kommand and cryptic. This guy never gets above 2 power so he only really has defensive use.
>>
>>52492720
>bad cards like Snapcaster
(You)
>>
>>52492695
>Burn is not very good
It is ten times better then any blue deck currently
>>
>>52492727

And even then it wouldn't be "better" snap it would just be a greener, more different snap
>>
>>52492720

That could just be a budget thing. Also Burn is in a kinda bad spot right now because of Collective Brutality. That card is too good against Burn.
>>
>>52492731
The best deck with Snapcaster right now is only tier 2
>>52492748
>Collective Brutality
A good card against Burn yes but ive won through it a lot. Its not unbeatable unless the rest of their hand is good too and a well timed Skullcrack can blow it out of the water.
>>
>>52492714
The non Jund w/ white splash versions of DS suck ass.
>>
>>52492789
>The best deck with Snapcaster right now is only tier 2
LOL must be because snapcaster is bad! Moron
>>
>>52487370
You could consider building something like Burn or Merfolk, the Modern and Legacy versions share a ton of cards so for like 800-900 you could pick up both versions without too much trouble.

Merfolk especially is good for this, pretty sure the only things the Legacy version plays that the Modern doesn't are Daze, FoW, Stifle, and Jitte. The manabases are basically identical, and the deck in general is pretty fun to play.
>>
>>52492862
>thinking people should add 'in modern' to every post in the modern thread
you going to start calling DS shit in vintage next? Go off at people with goyf in their deck because it's not legal in standard?
>>
>>52492887
Stop moving goal posts. You literally said snapcaster is a bad card
>>
>>52492938
Not that anon, but he posted that statement in a thread specifically about modern. the context is implied.
>>
>>52492862
Snapcaster is bad in Modern Anon. Sorry you bought a playset for Twin.
>>
>>52492938
It is. Whenever I get dealt a snapcaster in poker I lose. It sucks when you draw it in bridge too. It's awful in bullshit too, the card back gives it away every time. Without context, which you act like doesn't matter, snapcaster is objectively a useless piece of cardboard.
>>
File: received_10155217666425984.jpg (60KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
received_10155217666425984.jpg
60KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>52493044
Well heres your context, Snapcaster Mage is not a good card in Modern.
>>
>>52493079
>somebody please help me I'm clinically retarded
>>
>>52493119
Again sorry you bought your playset when they were $75 each
>>
>>52493129
>typing out of your asshole
>>
>>52493145
Its ok. Just wait till you Snapcaster back Sphinx's Revelation for 15 that'll show me.
>>
>>52493175
epic meme
>>
>>52493175
If that's what you think snapcaster is for then you're the problem.
But go ahead, keep arguing that one of the most iconic magic cards ever printed is bad. Throughout this thread you have gone out of your to explicitly state that snapcaster mage is a bad card. As ridiculous as that is I really have to take it at face value at this point and believe that you really believe this, in which case I have rarely seen a more blatant example of somebody being so extroverted about how shit they are. You're throwing a goddamn Broadway play about how you have no fucking idea what the hell your talking about. But of course you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>52493229
t. Ex twin player who still believes blue is good in modern

Keep trying to meme bolt snap bolt kiddo, but the adults AKA BGx know it's a fucking meme and that blue and snap are shit in modern.
>>
>>52493262
For now, yes. I believe we will see something very good for blue in the coming sets.
Doesn't even have to be a cantrip or counter, but something will come.
>>
>>52493262
You act like I have some sort of personal investment in snapcaster mage, like dissing snapcaster Mage somehow hurts my feelings. You can hide behind other people's words like a child all you want but that doesn't make what you're saying true.
>I know, I'll go on the internet and regurgitate buzzwords at strangers, then they'll have to let me into the bad boys teenager club
>>
>>52493276
>Wizards ever printing a good blue card in a Standard set
Lol i bet you thought Thing in the Ice was gonna break Modern too
>>
>>52493401
They did have to ban git probe because of it :^)
>>
>>52493401
It was decent until they printed fatal push
>>
>>52493401
You're a fucking idiot. I'm done here
>>
>>52490707
"planeswalker drop turn 3"
then you cycle the stone out for card draw later
>>
>>52493401
This

Wizards lately has been really destroying blue and a bit red with unplayable garbage

It's gonna be Abzan planeswalkers and sideways monsters being pushed now until they go out of business
>>
>>52490707
You're talking about a different deck, now. There's a "free win" red deck that runs rituals and ssg to try and blood Moon/koth/Chandra on turn 1/2.
it's not very good
>>
>>52493446
I feel like red is probably pretty hard to balance. It's biggest feature is direct damage, and they already have lightning bolt, the perfect direct damage spell. If you add one mana, you get lightning strike, which is unplayable garbage, and if you subtract one damage you get shock, which is unplayable garbage. So really where are you supposed to go from there.
>>
>>52493493
The new exile and play until end of turn cards like Abbot are cool, Bedlam Reveler was also a sweet red card that didnt feel pushed.
>>
>>52493493
If they can make stuff like Swiftspear and Eidolon then I feel like they have a lot of design space for red that can be utilized
>>
>>52493513
I agree, though so far neither has really been able to break into modern.
>>
>>52493047
Fuck that guy. He cant help himself. How does he even have friends?
>>
File: Hooting-Mandrills-MtG-Art.jpg (885KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
Hooting-Mandrills-MtG-Art.jpg
885KB, 1000x731px
Anyone have that Sultai Death's Shadow Eldritch Evolution list that was posted here a week or two ago?
>>
File: 114.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Cycling duals in Esper Control, y/n?

I was thinking something like this:

Creatures: 3
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Torrential Gearhulk

Instants: 26
4 Path to Exile
2 Fatal Push
4 Think Twice
2 Logic Knot
2 Deprive
4 Esper Charm
1 Perplex
4 Cryptic Command
2 Sphinx's Revelation
1 White Sun's Zenith

Other: 5
1 Crucible of Worlds
4 Supreme Verdict

Land: 26
3 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
3 Irrigated Farmland
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Fetid Pools
1 Watery Grave
2 Island
1 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Glacial Fortress
2 Ghost Quarter
1 Academy Ruins

Sideboard: 15
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Extirpate
2 Dispel
2 Blessed Alliance
2 Collective Brutality
1 Celestial Purge
2 Vendilion Clique
1 Gideon Jura
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>>
>>52493966

I want this as well.
>>
What are Living Ends strengths and weaknesses? I'm thinking of picking it up cause it looks kinda cheap to make right now and have been wanting a new deck for some time now. Hopefully it won't go up in price cause of speculators thinking the cycle lands and the demon will make the deck T1.
>>
>>52494126
>Strengths
You can beat fair non-blue decks sometimes

>Weaknesses
Everything else will shit on you
You have really limited sideboard and deck construction options because you're a cascade combo deck
Your deck is boring to pilot
>>
>>52494126
Its a fun deck has game against everything if youre willing to learn the challenge of a turn 2 rest in peace
>>
Currently brewing a tron chord of calling deck and im stating to realize why this isnt a deck. Im going to power though anyways. Anyone have suggestions for powerful toolbox cards regardless of mana cost? I'm also running a one-of venser shaper savant for 7 mana counterspell memes.
>>
>>52494126
Its a good deck when tron & or jund are good. Not so good when U based control decks are good
>>
>>52494295
>I'm also running a one-of venser shaper savant for 7 mana counterspell memes.
Not Mystic Snake?

Also if you want a toolbox of big dumb creatures, go look at reanimator decks in Legacy.
>>
File: Karn_Liberated.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Karn_Liberated.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52491777
>There is no good control deck in the format
Perfect.
>>
>>52494316
mystic snake cant be cast form the hand anyway, so there really isnt a difference. I'm mostly building this to prove a point, but ive been able to take one game off of dredge out of about 5 games. I feel like if properly tuned this could be a real deck, just not a good one.
>>
>>52494358
>mystic snake cant be cast form the hand anyway, so there really isnt a difference.
The Snake will actually counter the spell you fetch him out for, Venser just bounces it back to their hand. Without Karakas shenanigans I'd say the snake is better.
>>
>>52494372
>The Snake will actually counter the spell you fetch him out for
Wrong. The card counts as resolved as soon as you start fetching the snake. It's the same reason you can chord for E witness and put the chord back to hand
>>
>>52494424
>The card counts as resolved as soon as you start fetching the snake. It's the same reason you can chord for E witness and put the chord back to hand.
What? Why are we trying to counter our own Chord and not one of the other guy's spells? All I meant was that Snake is a hard counter and Venser is a soft counter.
>>
I hear alot about the chinaman. I wanna see for myself how good those fakes are. Where can i order the best singles?
>>
>>52491724
>Can't play infect
why live?
>>
>>52493971
Play Monestary mentor and a single Oona's Grace, makes the crucible really amazing
>>
>>52494322
Remove tron, this deck does nothing good for modern. At least ban ancient stirrings
>>
File: Screenshot_20170402-195212.png (215KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170402-195212.png
215KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>52494502

look

even risking the thread devolving into chinamen shitposting, I'll tell you something

there's a website where you can buy a lot of chinese products online

there you go, you have your lead

investigate
>>
>>52494720
You should go back.
>>
>>52492230
Even Shadow can't beat a realistic Tron hand (path/push into turn 4 payoff) like ever. Either you Fulminator+Surgical clown them out of the game or have the unlikely turn 3 nuts twice in a match or take it up the ass like every other deck with Tarmogoyfs.
>>
>>52494720
I bet that faggot cheats constantly, even in casual games.
>>
>>52487500
>Pauper: average cost $40
My lgs has commons priced at 5c. You're talking average 66c per card.
>>
>>52495092
and I can get rares for less than $1, doesn't mean I can get jund for $75
>>
>>52495092
>Delver
>Bolt
>Chain Lightning
>Chainer's Edict
>Gitaxian Probe
>$0.05
>>
>>52495119
I didn't say they always knew what they were doing.
Also, sure, those are up to $3, but those are single cards. Run 4of and that's still only $12. Running 3 of these at 4of still only gets you to $36. With the remaining 20ish cards at .05 that's a final two dollars.
A bag of basic lands is like $2, and the remaining minimum 40% of your deck.

So i'm seeing worst case scenario topping out at exactly 40. Certainly not the average.
>>
>>52495221
You could always look up pauper deck prices instead of using retarded napkin math
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper
they're more than $40 on average actually
>>
>>52494876
Thanks chief
>>
>>52491724
>decks aren't for free
>expecting casuals to not complain

eh, kids these days literally want to be spoonfed
>>
>>52492468

>amazing against combo decks

lmao BGX literally does it 10x better unless it's storm which is a meme anyway, blue is trash in modern do not play
>>
>>52496089
To be fair I've never heard someone say a particular modern meta is bad because of cost of the top decks, just that modern in general is bad because of the price tag. It's not like people commended the meta in which dredge was best/2nd best behind infect because dredge was relatively cheap or anything either.
>>
>>52496118
Then those people are fucking dumb.

There are alot of cheap and decent decks out there.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RilhpSYE9fQ

But people prefer to bitch and moan instead of doing research
>>
>>52496205
That's a very liberal use of decent.
>>
File: 1491099531619.jpg (186KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491099531619.jpg
186KB, 768x768px
I cannot decide between building bant Spirits or bant Eldrazi. I have pretty much the base for both (hierarchs, cavern of souls, fetches). I know Eldrazi is the better deck, but it just seems soooo boring /straightforward to play .

What do? Would you give away some competitive edge in exchange for fun?
>>
>>52496357
What does spirits look like? Sounds cool.
>>
>>52496237
But still you get the idea, there are cheap deck that WORK in modern.

They're obviously not tier 0 or 1 but for FNM they should get the job done.

Unless your LGS is like mine where 80% of the decks at FNM are tier 1's
>>
>>52496205

This is a fucking pauper deck (izzet blitz)
>>
>>52491877
unban top desu
>>
>>52496357

I'm playing UW Spirits because I'm a poorfag and I can't really afford to upgrade it to bant. It's a fucking blast nonetheless

There's a surprising amount of decks that can't deal with a Geist on T3, gotta be even harder to in T2, spell queller gets a lot of things, rattlechains, etc

I'd go for spirits
>>
>>52496419
>Unless your LGS is like mine where 80% of the decks at FNM are tier 1's

My lgs is like that. I - have- to bring a top deck if I want to even have a chance at winning, which I have Burn and Affinity so it's not all bad. But, I don't always have fun. Occasionally, I'll bring some budget brew and just play for fun, mostly because at the lower brackets I get to play with people who also just want to have fun.
>>
>>52496881
not the guy you're replying to but can you post your list? looking for a fairly priced deck to play on the side when i'm bored and that seems really fun.
>>
>>52494720
>some people get desperate
I feel for the guy, I often get desperate when I play card games
>>
File: Captura.jpg (291KB, 1855x682px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
291KB, 1855x682px
>>52497044

It's pretty simple. Sideboard are a couple stony silences, mana leaks, kataki for affinity and eidolon of rethoric and spirit of the labrynth for storm
>>
>>52496962
Literally same here. For FNM's I got G/W Tron to unleash my inner Timmy and some cheaper brews like 8rack, U/R prowess and a completly casual deck to play with friends.
>>
>>52496357
I had Bant Eldrazi and have to say was one of the most boring Decks I ever had (specially when considering other Midranges). If you want an Eldrazi Deck, just go Tron, much more fun and way more diverse playstyle (you can Lock and even play "funner" and bigger Eldrazis).
Bant Spirits is known for being the fun Tribal Deck and one of the funner Tempo Decks, but it will require but has a higher skill ceilling than, for example Merfolks. The only problem with Bant Spirits is the price, it's expensive and a bit difficult to sell if you want to change it.
>>
>>52494143
>I've never played living end
>>
>>52497733
>Cycle
>Cycle
>Cycle cycle
>Cycle
>Cycle Cycle Cycle
>Violent Outburst, GG?
Yeah sounds real fun
>>
>>52494143
>Living End
>Boring
There are many boring Decks, specially combo ones, but Living End isn't even close to be one.
>>
>>52497766
Exactly, you've never played it. You can stop now
>>
>>52497776
You're right. He forgot that one Beast Within.
>>
>>52497776
>I-i-it's nn-n-n-n-n-n-n-not boring! You guys, I s-s-s-swear! Just believe me!
You haven't provided once shred of evidence to the contrary
>>
>>52497843
I don't have to, your green texting like a moron and making baseless claims and something you know nothing about. I'm just going to ignore you now. Although I can't wait for the next clever stuttering green text
>>
>>52497916
So you got BTFO by someone who has played against the deck countless times and now you're going to take your ball and go home because you can't disprove the claim? Are Living End players the biggest retards in modern or are they just the most childish?
>>
>>52497932
Sigh, it's the same shit every time. You can reduce any deck strategy linearity, if you really want to. There really isn't that many cards in modern to variate the decision tree to something else than "destroy creature, play creature" and besides, most of the time playing deck skillfully is to know how to play corner cases against other decks.

But acting retard to claim your argument? Oh wow, what a fucking asshat.
>>
File: 1490566548962.jpg (43KB, 393x398px) Image search: [Google]
1490566548962.jpg
43KB, 393x398px
>>52497932
Played against? Have you actually played it? Different anon and le player btw. It's pretty fun Desu.
>Not turn 2ing simian into fulminator mage to kill a land.
>Not turn 3ing a natural fulminator to kill another land
>Not turn 4ing into another cycler(should have 2-3 in grave by now if you pitched a street wraith and a normal cycler turn 1) and living end into 4-5 creatures, and holding up fulminators on board to blow up any non-basic they try to play.
>Not enjoying seeing your opponent struggle to actually play spells let alone the game as you softly beat them with draft chaff
How is that not fun?
Plus it's a real mind game vs certain match ups, like control, game 2 and 3 gravehate, dredge, gifts storm, so on and so forth.
>>
>>52497766
>ramp spell
>ramp spell
>ramp spell ramp spell
>scapeshift, GG?

>bolt
>bolt bolt
>bolt bolt bolt
>bolt, GG?

>swing
>swing
>swing
>removal on your creature, swing, GG?

you're real fucking smart aren't you, homothugging homeless ass motherfucker
>>
>>52498109
You're a fucking retard if you think that anyone wouldn't consider burn and Valakut decks as linear as Living End
>>
>>52498109
>Spell
>Spell Spell
>Spell
>Spell Spell Spell
>Storm, GG?

What a fucking hero.
>>
>>52497766
are you the same retard thats been posting this greentext cycle x 10 meme about living end every fucking thread for the past week?

inb4
>i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-its not just me l-l-l-l-lol!!!!!! everyone k-k-k-k-k-knows living end is b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bb--b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bb-oring, f-f-f-fagot!!!1!

kill yourself
>>
>>52498129
You can do this to literally any deck in modern. Every, single, one.

>Dredge
>Dredge
>Dredge Dredge
>Swing, GG?
>>
>>52498177
Every deck you have chosen to green text is a fucking linear ass deck, how can you be this dumb?
>>
>>52498174
>Multiple posts disagree with me
>Must be the same person
what's it like being this delusional?
>>
>>52498129
>thoughtseize
>inquisition
>cycle a few street wraiths
>abrupt decay that
>terminate that too
>lotv -2
>climb three story building and jump off roof to slam goyf/death's shadow
>swing
>WOW INTERACTIVE AND DECISION INTENSIVE LOOK HOW FUCKING SKILLED I AM
>>
>>52498229
Congratulations, you proved that BGx decks can't actually be simplified into a linear greentext like LE or Burn
>>
>>52498215
No, retard, multiple posts disagree with YOU. What's it like living a life where you must mentally contort reality to one that favors you instead of accepting that you're a piece of shit?
>>
>>52498194
Oh geez, I can do this all day. And remember, I'm doing this just because of people like this >>52497843 who are fucking cancer. Also, nice that you saw my point there. When you make your deck efficient, you tend to linear your strategy to make it work. Of course "control" decks that opt to remove threats are "more varied", but check this out:

>Remove
>Remove
>Remove Counter
>Counter Counter Counter
>Sphinx's rev for 15, GG?
>>
>>52498247
you're right, I didn't >imply hard enough
>TARGETED DISCARD
>REMOVAL
>SWING UNDERCOSTED BEATER
>GG?
>>
>>52498255
>M-m-my decks aren't b-b-b-brain dead! They're just efficient, that's all!
You aren't fooling anyone
>>
>>52498266
>He's still going
Sad
>>
>>52497932
This is cringe dude. Yea, you beat me up and now I'm gonna run home crying.
More like this is 4chan and I don't care enough to bicker back and forth with some asshole on the internet
>>
>>52498284
When someone makes a deck that's not braindeck, let me know.

>Search tron
>Search tron
>Search tron
>Karn, GG?
>>
>>52498304
And yet here you are pretending that 7 of the last 10 replies aren't you
>>
>>52498284
there isn't a single fucking not-brain dead deck in magic. every single deck in every single format is a simple flow chart of decisions.

the most difficult deck to pilot in this whole god damned game that can't probably be simplified into a meme tier green text is probably doomsday combo just because you have to be autistic to figure out the best possible pile based on the game state to win before your opponent calls slow play on your ass.

magic is not a hard or complex game. end of the fucking argument

the whole
>"YOUR DECK IS BRAIN DEAD!"
>"ANYONE CAN PLAY [DECK] LOL!"
>"MY DECK IS LESS LINEAR THAN YOURS LOL FAG!"
argument is literally preschooler play ground level arguments among man children. kill yourself.
>>
>>52498319
This means a lot to you, I can tell. Ok you can have this one
>>
>>52498319
You can pretend all you want, I fucking don't care. Someone started cancer, so let's go till the end with it.

>Lantern
>Lantern
>Lantern Lantern
>Lantern
>ensnaring bridge, GG?
>>
>>52498339
Is the Dunning Kreuger fag finally back?
>>
>>52498371
Literally who?
>>
>>52498358
If you're trying to prove a point, greentexting linear decks is not helping your argument
>>
>>52498146
>spells
>not playing dark depths and thespian stage and winning with only lands
unban when?
>>
>>52498371
What does Dunning Kreuger have to do with anything here?

Also, running out of decks, shit.

>Aether Vial
>Creature
>Creature Creature
>Creature
>Creature Creature Creature
>Here's the fucking creature, GG?
>>
>>52498315
>braindeck
>>
>>52498382
I don't need to prove anything really. I didn't even have argument, but sure, give me a challenge. Give me a deck that can't be reduced like this.

>Collected company
>Collected company Collected company
>Collected company
>Well lol, have a chord too don't care, GG?
>>
>>52498396
I enjoy that this is DnT and merfolk
>>
>>52498430
61 land deck that wins by milling your opponent out and never actually doing anything
>>
>>52498436
It's amazing really, isn't it? Gee I wonder how it can be that good decks resemble each others.

>New turn
>New turn
>New turn New turn
>New turn
>I don't know, Emrakul?, GG?
>>
>>52498453
Oh fuck, I can't type >Land 61 times before the type limit hits in. You don't even have to meme a wincon with this formula either. GG? only imply someone wins, not necessarily you.
>>
>>52498453
>land X60
>GG?
>>
>>52498453
uhh?
>land go
>repeat x60
>GG?
>>
>>52498480
>>52498478
>>52498475
>playing your lands when you have nothing to cast and they don't help you at all
armature hour over here, not playing your lands lets you blank spreading seas
>>
Here's few more, just because fuck it.

>Eggs
>Eggs
>Eggs Eggs
>Eggs
>What? Banefire? GG?

>Discard
>Discard
>Discard Discard
>Discard
>The Rack, GG?
>>
>>52498517
also lets you blank thoughtseize
>>
>>52498538
I mean you'll blank thoughtseize whether or not you play the lands
>>
>>52498247
What do you mean? Of course you can!

>Discard
>Creature
>Discard Creature
>Creature
>Ok, have a removal too, GG?
>>
>>52498453
>Land
>land
>land land
>land
>Lost in the Woods, gg?

>>52498536
>robot, robot, robot, robot
>robot, robot
>my hand is empty
>swing all, gg?
>>
File: affinity.png (238KB, 657x535px) Image search: [Google]
affinity.png
238KB, 657x535px
affinity players, what does your list look like?
thoughts on Spire of Industry and Glint-Nest Crane?
>>
>>52498600
We don't have time to look at your shitty deck. We are full on memeing right now. (running out of decks tho)

>Snow mountain
>Snow mountain
>Snow mountain Snow mountain
>Snow mountain
>Skred, GG?
>>
>>52498617
Do Restore Balance and Spellweaver Helix combo.
>>
>>52498635
The fuck is spellweaver helix combo? Sounds liek you don't need to even meme it, but Restore Balance is easy, if it still runs like it did last I saw it.

>Restore Balance
>Sacrifice Creature
>Sacrifice Land
>Sacrifice Hand
>Sacrifice Yourself, GG?
>>
>>52498635
>spellweaver helix

I don't even understand how the fuck this deck plays.
>>
>>52498764
Pretty sure you do, same fag. It's just a loam deck with a jank combo
>>
>>52498798
You don't need loam in every spellweaver deck
>>
File: 1491011403967.gif (2MB, 404x304px) Image search: [Google]
1491011403967.gif
2MB, 404x304px
>Seismic assault, swans
>Hit our swans, draw some cards
>Discard lands, GG?
>>
>>52499055
>our
>>
>>52499084
>he doesn't play modern in a tag-team with his bf
>>
>it's a retard simplifies every deck with shitty greeentext episode and shits up the whole thread
Epic, at least it's not chinamen posting or the people crying for retarded bans right?
>>
>>52498814

spellweaver anon here

loam gives you a lot of tools as well as allowing you to loam up 3 copies of a sorcery to trigger helix

Without using loam you need to exile two sorceries and then natural draw or tutor into the other which is really inconsistent and janky

The other option is flashback spells but I'm not sure if resolving restore balance w/ spellweaver actually wins you the game in any sense
>>
>2 players both going down to 5
Nice format.
>>
>>52499437
Reid is just mulling to be polite
>>
Poorfag tokens player here. Feeling smug because my turns aren't that linear
>hand disruption
>anthem OR tokens OR removal OR more hand disruption
>TOKENS
>anthem OR tokens OR removal OR more hand disruption
>repeat
>>
>>52499637
>discard
>token generator
>anthem
>swing gg?
Wow totally not linear
>>
>>52499347
That's right. Not sure if you are the original idiot posting that shit, but yeah, these threads are trash most of the time. Only reason I stopped doing more of these greentexts was, because I couldn't think of more decks.

>>52499637
Oh please, its more like

>Tokens
>Tokens
>Tokens Tokens
>Tokens
>Intangible virtual, GG?
>>
>>52499680
Fuck i wish i could swing for lethal on t3
>>
File: 146.jpg (53KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
146.jpg
53KB, 336x469px
To the guy that gave me advice yesterday on a UR Delver deck, I took most of your suggestions but substituted burst lightning with pic related

I know it's a sorcery, but tends to be good at 2-1 things, takes out bob, a couple goblins, etc. I don't know if it's a good idea but seems to be working
>>
>>52499780
Saw that post, loved your deck. Fuck the haters, keep running Stormchaser Mage
>>
>>52499738
Can you talk about chinamen and banning cards because they're vintage level? I feel like it's the only thing holding you back from becoming the shitposting king of modern general. Also more greentexts please they're the funniest thing I've seen in a while
>>
>>52499780
Forked Bolt tends to be a sideboard card. Not sure if the meta is right for it to be maindeckable, but it certainly isn't a BAD card by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>52499780
Post the list and what budget you are on. Don't know who suggested burst lightning, but forked bolt is way better card, mostly because you are looking for 2-for-1.
>>
File: UR delver.jpg (167KB, 1156x767px) Image search: [Google]
UR delver.jpg
167KB, 1156x767px
>>52499824

Thanks. I'm just testing for when I get the deck in paper, but I'll probably throw in stormchaser and some cheap prowess cards to change the deck a bit if I feel like it

>>52499844
This is what it ended looking like last night, I think I changed a couple things. My budget isn't really limited but I want to build this and another modern deck (probably scapeshift), so I'd rather not go over 1000
>>
>>52499833
If there was someone doing stupid claims that you could meme hundred posts for, then maybe. Can't but love people getting triggered over fake cards.
>>
so where do people buy those convincing chinese copies of cards? i like this game and all but i'm not paying $20 for a card if there's a good alternative
>>
>>52499985
Thats a cute deck. I like it. I would probably put young pyromancer in the side in favor if 2- 3 stormchasers and 1- 2 sleight of hand. But you're not me and it looks good regardless.
>>
>>52499985
Should probably be running 4 snaps
>>
>>52499985
Fevered visions seems like win more do nothing.
Don't see a reason to why not run 4x Snapcaster other than budget.
Would either pick a proactive or reactive strategy, meaning either go full on stormchaser/monastery swiftspear OR full on snapcaster/young pyromancer plan. They play different gameplan, so it's hard to say if you can mix the two plans together without hurting the other one. (Say, if you take proactive plan, pyromancer is dead on hand)
If you want to play Pyromancer, Electrolyze is nice for recursion, keeps your hand intact. Also something like lavamancer is probably better plan with him along with snapcasters.
Also would be nice to have card that can kill something bigger than 3 toughness. Saw some list with roast online.....
>>
>>52500074
Nobody wants to talk about this but I think it's time to let the world now how good china fakes are and how to get them.

Here are the steps you need to follow
>go to china
>Go to the local fish market
>pick up the biggest fish you can find and slap the nearest chinese person with the fish
>this part is important, IN ENGLISH ask them for fake magic the gathering cards
>they will lead you to the mythic Chinese counterfeiter

Congratulations you now have high qaulity Chinese fakes
>>
>>52499985
>>52500160
Also I like dispel way more than spell pierce. It hits most relevant spells and if you are going to end game, you need better all around counter than remand or mana leak (which can be dead cards in hand) like counterflux or cryptic command.
>>
>>52500216
does it have to be a specific kind of fish?
>>
File: 100.jpg (66KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
66KB, 336x469px
>>52500160

Alright, gonna try some changes, I'll report later

Lavamancer's def. going in, loved it in Torment
>>
>>52500074
Don't listen to >>52500216 he's a mongoloid. That's how you get Thai ladyboy prostitutes.

>make a contact in Hong Kong
>have them ask around for "Brokeback Mountain DVDs"
>You will eventually be emailed by a seller
>they'll talk about DVD and movie sales, this is code, learn the lingo

You'll spend about $200 and get your cards in about two months.
>>
>>52500337
great cause i work with a chinese guy and he speaks cantonese which i think is like the secret chiense language for getting fake shit. i'll get right on it and before you know it i'll be taking it in the ass like christopher reeves
>>
>mana dork
>jeskai ascendancy
>draw discard
>draw discard
>draw discard
>draw discard draw discard
>draw discard
>glimmering wish, GG?
>>
>>52500305
Yup, it's nice. Just warning about pyromancer, he is in a way pretty shit in the format, because it sucks a removal like a super sponge. Technically you have to wait to be able to play him out with protection active, which means turn 3-4 compared to legacy where you have daze and FoW. And if you are playing a card on 4cmc, you certainly want something that has bigger immediate impact than pyromancer, hence why I would be hesitant with the deck. Very volatile with getting proper early game compared to proactive aggro type decks.
>>
File: 1477608160483.jpg (100KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1477608160483.jpg
100KB, 670x503px
>>52500367
>taking it in the ass like christopher reeves

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>52500490
like you don't know.
>>
>>52500390
>Bolt the mana dork
>GG?
>>
>>52500563
>bolting sylvan caryatid
>>
>>52500688
>Implying you're not already dead turn 3 cause your deck is shit
>>
File: delver-of-secrets.png.jpg (80KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
delver-of-secrets.png.jpg
80KB, 530x370px
How good is U/R Delver without snaps and with a budget mana base? I was just looking at some options to put together a side deck to play and lend out and I have literally all the cards for the stock list except snapcasters and the mana base.

When I say budget mana base, I mean I have a set of Shivan Reef, 3 Spirebluff Canal, and 1 Scalding Tarn.
>>
>>52495092
if your lgs has pauper staples for 5c you should buy out their stock immediately

most tier 1 decks are around 40
Tron is getting really popular in Pauper as well, Paper Pauper Tron is at around 100
>>
>>52500753
>delver deck without snaps
might as well not even play it, the deck is called delver but the card that holds it all together is snappy.
>>
>2 bant knightfall in the top 4
Feeling better about building this deck desu
>>
>>52500753
you can play U/R Pauper Delver
>>
>>52500791

>>52500791

>>52500791

>>52500791

New memes have arrived
>>
>Living End fags so anally annihilated that their autismal rage derails the thread
It would be funny if it weren't so sad
>>
File: 1486830647782.gif (497KB, 215x168px) Image search: [Google]
1486830647782.gif
497KB, 215x168px
>>52501185
You are an idiot, you know that?
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.