[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1418: Snakes on a Plane Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 29

File: Jumpchain CYOA.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52462648
>>
>>52473296
Enough is enough.
>>
>>52473129
Assuming Essence 10, when you activate the Charm does the Inner World expand by ten miles in every direction? I plan on solving size limitations by making an actual planet.
>>
Does Conjoined Conjures let you pick me choose which aspects of the magic systems you want to combine into the new one? Can you take only the parts you want from two or three systems while leaving out the downsides? Or is it more like smashing them all together into one conglomerate system?
>>
>>52472990
>But as devil tiger you can make custom charms. There is literally no reason to pay for any of that since you can just make custom charms for all of it for free.
You can also learn magic in D&D for free, but we still have perks for it
Or learn how to make bio-plagues in Resident Evil
Or how Radiation Tech works in Fallout.

The perks give you a boost, and help you learn it/be better at it.

>>52473319
>>52473339
No. Five miles in every direction from the center, with a 10 mile diameter.
>>
File: HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif (73KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif
73KB, 800x733px
>>52473319
>>52473339
No, it just allows you to shape anything within a radius of ten miles from whatever you choose as the center when you use the charm.

>>52473352
Yup, but it's 10 miles radius, not diameter.
>>
>>52473352
>You can also learn magic in D&D for free, but we still have perks for it
Because otherwise the Weave/ambient magic field/whatever for that setting won't be present and it won't work.

>Or learn how to make bio-plagues in Resident Evil
Guarantees your magic pseudoscience viruses will work on real people with real genetics.

>Or how Radiation Tech works in Fallout.
I'll give you that. It's more fairly realistic stuff.
>>
>>52473343
Considering who it's based on, it's more likely you're researching magic systems and devising a (probably impossible but Jumper says fuck you) way to create a new magic system based on both. Which means that while you have control over those aspects, seeing as you're making the damn thing, there probably are fundamental features you can't do away with without accidentally getting rid of some other beneficial aspect you might want to keep.

If you don't appreciate the fluff on that, I Cheat from Justice League Dark is full plug-n-play mixin' and matchin'. Or was it from DC Occult? One of the two.
>>
File: Where is your Justice Now.jpg (433KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Where is your Justice Now.jpg
433KB, 1200x1600px
>>52473401
My mistake. I often confuse Radius and Diameter.

Also I caught up to last thread. Multiple souls = more inner worlds?
This pleases the Justice greatly. MOAR WORLDS! MOAR MAD SCIENCE! JUSTICE SHALL BE A SETTING UNTO HIMSELF!
>>
File: the_mad_sun_of_malfeas_by_kiyo.jpg (246KB, 670x1072px) Image search: [Google]
the_mad_sun_of_malfeas_by_kiyo.jpg
246KB, 670x1072px
>>52473432
No problem. I've made the mistake of saying it was diameter a few times here too, so it's been beaten into my head pretty well by now.

And yeah, moar worlds! It's a pretty fun idea.

Still gotta spend the time and effort shaping each of them though.
>>
>>52473401
So the Inner World starts as an infinite realm of… nothing, I guess, and using the charm lets you turn an area of that nothing into something?
>>
>>52473465
Mardukth. You don't understand. I spend so much time in my Lab making Biological/Mechanical abominations against god. That are WAY too dangerous to release.
Now I can devote an Inner World entirely to their freedom and existence!. They can frollick freely and not harm anyone, except other abominations!
>>
Can mundane forces interact with manifested Personas?
>>
File: 126075170963.png (7KB, 207x203px) Image search: [Google]
126075170963.png
7KB, 207x203px
>>52473470
That's a way to look at it, yes.

With the caveat that it's not really possible to leave the something and jump into the infinite nothing.

>>52473487
Most excellent.

I'm sure the frollicking abominations will appreciate that.
>>
So I can recreate the Nine Mountains and Nine Seas realm now?
>>
File: 1418094174398.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1418094174398.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
One last thing because fuck it, I can't possibly make this worse.

Nine Inner Worlds, with groves and stuff. Now remember how many worlds it takes for the higher levels of Mantra.

You're fucking welcome.
>>
File: dod.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dod.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
Is there a dungeon crawl game with a summoner class that I can base my powers on for Generic Dungeon Crawl?

The only game that comes to mind is Dungeons of Dredmor and I'm still holding out we'll get a whole Jump for that.
>>
>>52473547
Yeah but that's Muyo's dumb wank / early community's dumb bullshit.
>>
>>52473547
Eh, that's cool, but we've had plenty of ways to get past that restriction by now.
>>
>>52473547
That is the most horrifying picture of Bugs Bunny I have ever seen. Took me a good ten seconds to recognise him.

Welp, I know what my nightmares are going to consist of now.

>>52473547
>You're fucking welcome.
I am, thanks. Haven't looked seriously at Asura's Wrath jump in a while, nice combo, very neat and internalised.
No risk of some asshole invading your nice orderly world of praying worshippers and ruining your supply of mantra.
Now to find a way to get a mantra focus that doesn't cost me too much CP.
>>
>>52473547
Huh, cool. And you'd want people praying in there anyway, since having a cult gives Infernals some benefits (mostly in Cecelyne charms, but also without those).
>>
>>52473623
I wonder if they would stack.

If one person prays to you, do they count as both providing Mantra and acting as a member of your Cult providing the benefits that Cult does?
>>
>>52473623
>>52473640
I would assume they stack, since they are offering different things anyway due to the different mechanics of both settings.
God that Mote/Willpower Regen combined with Mantra, it will be crazy and awesome.
>>
What are the best magic resistance/immunity perks?
>>
File: Swlihn.gif (182KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
Swlihn.gif
182KB, 800x624px
>>52473640
>>52473655
Even aside from offering different things, I'd think they would stack. Since Mantra seems to be mostly about the emotion/intent, while the benefit of Cult is more about the prayers/worship itself.

>>52473671
Empty Night from Dresden Files and Twilight Imperium from Negima, for immunity. Not sure if we have more.

For resistance, we have a whole bunch more. But the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Magic Resistance from Fate/ for Servants.
>>
Give me a jump to go to. Nothing too high powered, starting a chain.
>>
>>52473715
From Dust.
>>
>>52473715
Nichijou.
>>
>>52473715
Harry Potter
>>
>>52473671
Mahou Sensei Negima: Gift Of The Twilight Imperium.
Vampire Diaries: Magic Resistance.
Dresden Files: Empty Night.
>>
>>52473715
The Kingsman.
>>
>>52473715
Infinicon.
>>
>>52473715
Batman, Nolan Trilogy.
>>
>>52473715

Exalted: Dragonblood

Just dick around (literally) as one of the Princes of the Earth, and keep your head down when the shit hits the fan (if it does) or have some easy fun trampling mortals in your warstrider.
>>
>>52473549
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Elona
Stone Soup
Heck, the Summoner D&D class.
>>
Jump # 32 Fate/Stay Night
Jump # 17 Fate/Stay night (redux)
Name: Raven Aozaki
Starting location: Tohsaka Manor
Background: Magus Heir (100)

Perks:
* command seals (0)
*Magic circuits (0)
*Stat Sheet (0)
*Basic Training (0)
*Stronger Servant (100)
*Good People have good sleep (100)
*Well rounded (Wo)man (100, Discount)
*the family art (200, Discount) Runes?
*We can make it work (400)
*Average one (300, Discount)
*Mythic Visage (400)

Equipment:
*A special ruby (0)

Drawbacks:
*Nasuspeak (+100)
*JUMPER (+600)

Companion:

Caster Class (275)
Identity – Tamamo No Mae
*Strength: E
*Endurence: E
*Agility: B (50)
*Mana: A++ (100)
*Luck: B
Class Skills:
*Territory Creation: C (50)
*Item Creation: C (50)
Personal Skills
*WitchCraft: Ex (250)
*Shapeshift: A+ (250)
*Divinity: A (250)
*Golden Rule (Body): E
Noble Phantasm:
Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu: D (-25)
Drawbacks:
*Does not feel like using This Skill – Shapeshifting (+100)
*Does not feel like using this skill – Witchcraft (+100)

Things went a little long so my rambling is here https://pastebin.com/ZdJd8F44 if anyone cares.
>>
Do we have any perks that prevent non-magical regeneration and healing from repairing the wounds you inflict? I'm sure there must be. I know we have a few for blocking magical healing, but I want to pair them for some really nasty hits.
>>
>>52473767
oops lol well I did alter a previous build. It really is jump # 32. I liked the build so I didn't change much.
>>
>>52473754
Not him but how annoyed would the Dragonblood families be if a jumper were to just dick around for ten years (literally and figuratively)?
>>
>>52473764
>Tales of Maj'Eyal

it's Terrain of Magical Expertise anon.

Unless we somehow got the other TOME and I was unaware.
>>
>>52473754
I wouldn't exactly call that not too high powered.

Though you're right in it being safe if you're not an idiot. You can literally just be a librarian if you want to (looking at you, Mnemon Tynalit Bera).

>>52473791
Not very. Be a Cynis, and your House would probably pat you on the back for it.
>>
>>52472461
>>52472691
>>52472985
Here's the thing. Not all of us read the LN. Most of us never will. People like us are going to want to actually get some fucking info on the canon races we can be that we won't get if they were cut out of the jump like you want.
>>
>>52473791

They honestly wouldn't care much.

A Dragonblood is expected (barring glorious death) to live at least 300 years - or even longer, given ready access to elixirs and such.

So as long as they think you will still do your duty and sire many children who Exalt, you could get away with a decade or so of debauchery.
>>
>Shadow Realm jump in-progress
I thought the Shadow Realm was a generic plane of eternal torment?

If we win a duel in the Yugioh jump and send someone to the shadow realm, do we have to worry about them trying to take revenge when we do this jump?
>>
File: Xamd Lost Memories.pdf (81KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Xamd Lost Memories.pdf
81KB, 1x1px
Okay, second try at this.

I rewrote all the main perks with the extra space provided, redid the intro to include some key terminology, axed What Should Not Have Been and replaced it with two different perks and changed the wording of Interference Pattern and First Soul.

Is this an improvement?

Also I realized that I still had my head in homebrew land and changed from the weird edition thing to a normal version system like everyone else.
>>
>>52473764
Im avoiding settings that we have proper Jumps for so Elona and DnD are out.

Tales of the Maj'Eyal and Stone Soup sound cool though, thank you
>>
>>52473715
Catastrophe, The Gamer, Mob Psycho 100
>>
>>52473794

nevermind I just saw the context. I'm an idiot. Sorry anon.
>>
>>52473865
Looks good to me, though then again I didn't have a problem with the first version.
>>
>>52473852
>do we have to worry about them trying to take revenge when we do this jump?
Well, Kaiba's dark side found a way to escape (with pegasus' help?), so maybe?
>>
Hypothetically, if I wanted to make competitive dungeon crawling a thing, how would I go about doing that?
>>
>>52473549
I'm sure there's an angband clone out there that has functional summoning.
>>
>>52473791
>literally
You're making more potential dragonblooded, they would approve.
>>
>>52473811
I haven't either, all of my complaints are based on information I found in the first three chapters and what the jumpmaker has said about the setting.

There is no reason that information wouldn't be included even if you were to make your "game character" during the jump.
>>
>>52473883
Dungeon-crawling is already a competitive thing. All it takes is more than one adventurer.
>>
>>52473883
I dont understand what you mean by 'competitive'.

Do you mean like a Jump were you have a dungeon crawl but with competing adventurers? That could be cool, but I don't know if thats what you mean.
>>
>>52473883
Get the Dungeon from Generic Dungeon Builder and the 300 CP perk that makes people wanna join the fun. Then get the perk from Street Fighter for setting up tournaments (preferably with the Capstone Booster).

Even if competitive dungeon crawling isn't a valid target for the tournament making thing to begin with, holding a tournament deep in your dungeon will probably get people to like the idea enough for it to be.
>>
>>52473912
As in an actual sport. Think NFL but with dungeons and wizards.
>>
>>52473671
It's possible to get very very high levels of spell resistance in D&D.
Converting non D&D magicians into caster levels is a bit of a pain, but when you have over 40 anything capable of beating your resistance is someone you really shouldn't be fighting anyways.
>>
>>52473933
Scrying spells set up throughout the dungeon.
Team sponsors.
Advertising.
Done.
>>
>>52473900
Not necessarily, since that /is/ supposed to be something for marriage.

But as long as they quietly support their bastards with their family stipend, no awkward questions will be raised.
>>
>>52473900

Hell, if you took the Legendary Breeding perk, they'd cheer you on from the sidelines, fetching chilled wines, rejuvenating elixirs and fresh concubines.
>>
>>52473955
Marriage is for making more pure-blooded Dragonblooded, with better Breeding and stronger.
Dicking around with concubines is for making more numbers. The houses encourage both.
>>
Is there some way to create artificial prayer generators? To reap the rewards of worship without having actual sentient beings worshipping you. Because I'm uncomfortable with that.
>>
>>52473852
No. Your actions don't carry over between jumps in the same setting barring continuity drawbacks.
>>
>>52473983
Technically that's what Humans in Exalted ARE. They were created to be prayer generators.
>>
>>52473804
>>52473822
>>52473900

My jumper doesn't have a dick, though. What's gonna happen then?
>>
>>52473547
Oh and also, you have 9 entire planes worth of MtG mana. Learn to fully channel that and you could smack down even Oldwalkers or weave together extremely epic spells.
>>
>>52474000
>Without actual sentient beings worshipping you
Justice is blind, oh the irony.
>>
>>52473983
Storm Hawks universal converters. Assuming the prayer is some kind of power at least. For things like Mantra it's good if inefficient and difficult.
Just rig one up to an orgel or something that generates a fuckton of energy ex nhilo. That should get you all the prayer you need.
>>
>>52474000
Yeah but they're sapient, living things. I don't want to be worshipped by them.
>>
>>52474032
>>52474046
I was ignoring that part because I have no answer, I was sharing what I consider to be an interesting fact that was relevant. Or did I have to greentext the specific part I was replying to to get that across?
>>
>>52474043
Yeah, but I was actually thinking more in an abstract sense. Could you analyze prayer and worship, then create some enchanted hypertech to broadcast it like radio waves?
>>
>>52473965
Unless you buy Legendary Breeding I don't think there are any pure dragonblooded.
>>
What is the name of the charm that gives a Dragonblooded access to the other elements?
>>
>>52474078
You can make them MORE pure-blooded was my point. It takes time, and extensive breeding programs, but it can be done.
>>
>>52474078
Legendary Breeding is a mutation. It's not actually a natural part of being a dragonblooded. Normal "pure" dragonbloods are at five dots.
Not like Dragonblooded houses actually know how breeding works. They already fucked themselves over. Scrabling for higher breeding is just damage control.
>>
>>52473983
If you have some way of duplicating items, you could go to Neptunia, pick up Sharecite manipulation, create some Sharecite from your friends/companions believing in you, then use whatever duplication method you have to make more.
>>
>>52474064
Making rediculously advanced robots with the definitive features that allow for prayer to matter might do it. I mean you can android jedi with the right perks in one of the Star Wars jumps. Maybe try using that as a base.
At that point they're very close to being sapient, but since you can still programed to do whatever it might not count for you.

Other than that I guess you could maybe generate worship out nowhere with the first magic in Fate.
That's going to be weird as hell, but I could see it being possible.
>>
>>52473965
As long as you're unwed, probably. But for married dynasts, bastards are not tolerated.

>>52474006
...Welcome to the Immaculate Order?

If you're not an eunuch, and instead a woman, then... the exact same thing? If anything, the Realm is matriachal.

Except you'd have more difficulty hiding a bastard child, so invest in contraceptives. They're not hard to get.

>>52474078
There's still a relative purity of blood though.

>>52474102
Legendary Breeding is the original purity of blood the Dragon-Blooded had /before/ mixing their blood with mortals.

But yeah, they suck at eugenics.
>>
File: Titanic.pdf (118KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Titanic.pdf
118KB, 1x1px
>See a car crash driving home, make note to work on Titanic jump

Added "No Jumper, YOU are the Iceberg" drawback and some other stuff listed in notes. Still haven't decide on Drop-In perks yet, considering charisma and maybe willpower based.
>>
>>52474064
Yes? That's half the point of Mantra-tech. Collecting and transmitting prayer energy.
>>
>>52474102
Technically 5 isn't even pure, hell 6 dots isn't pure. In the "1st age" rules you can buy 6 dots of Breeding, and you're still not as high of breeding as the original 10,000.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg (299KB, 764x684px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 12.jpg
299KB, 764x684px
Fallen London Jump 092:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Rats! Rats in your Warehouse [+50]
The Starveling Cat, The Starveling Cat [+50]
Unusual Appetites (Skin of Trees, Blood of Stone) [+100]
Hail Britannia! [+200]
Walk Like a Second Citizen [+200]
Asking Mr. Eaten [+000]
Finding Mr. Eaten [+000]
Waiting for Mr. Eaten [+000]
Peckish for Mr. Eaten [+000]
Pursuing Mr. Eaten [+000]
Trailing Mr. Eaten [+000]
Never Shall the Two Meet [Mandatory]
Background: Scholar [Free]
Qualities:
Dangerous Levels: Paperweight [Free]
Watchful Levels: Great Mind [-250]
Persuasive Levels: Artful [-100]
Shadowy Level: Honest [Free]
Ambitious: An Ambition of Truth
Dreams: Of Water
Jobs & Abilities:
Master Detective – J’accuse [-150]
Master Academic – Eureka! [-250]
Items & Objects:
A Thing About Names [Free]
Timekeepers Candle [Free]
Mirror Polished Shoes [Free]
Premium Goods:
Home Comforts & Additions:
Fossilized Mirror [-400]
Prismatic Laboratory [Free]
Arcanist Library [Free]
Infusions:
Connections:
The Collages [Free]
The Constables [Free]
The Great Game [-50]
A Sudden Wash of Daylight: Correspondence Course [-200]

Fellow Boarders [300]
Ranma (Rouge) [300]
Shadowy Levels: Plutonic Lord [-250]
Common Bowler Hat [Free]

Misaka (Charmer) [300]
Persuasive Levels: For All the Seasons [-250]
Bag of Fresh Peppermints [Free]

My Symbiote (Arrival) [300]
Dangerous Levels: Blood and Bone [-250]
Brass Knuckles [Free]

Dear me that took forever.
>>
>>52474135
Actually, Legendary Breeding is exactly as pure as the original 10,000.

To wit:
>You are one of the tiny handful of Terrestrials whose blood is completely unsullied. None of your ancestors ever saw fit to dally with mortals, demons, petty gods, or any other beings beyond the mandate of the Elemental Dragons. Your blood is as pure as that of the first generation of Dragon-Blooded, and were you to have children with another character possessing Legendary Breeding, their Terrestrial Exaltation would be guaranteed.
>>
Speaking of worship, I just thought of something:

>Climbing the Ranks (Shadow of Mordor)
>Always An Ending (Sidereals)
>Kill the God-Emperor
Boom, the entire Imperium won't collapse from you finishing off Emps, you're now worshipped by trillions of beings, have absolute authority over them, and a personal fanatical cult of murder nuns who love you completely.
>>
>>52474131
I will grow up to be the very best Iceberg I can be, BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>52474156
I was talking about dots in the background, Legendary Breeding is a trait you can take.
>>
>>52474129
>worship out nowhere with the first magic in Fate
I... had not considered that. And then I might be able to use one of the perks from the various jumps to create a technological imitation of that. Huh. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52474046

Well, in some places/settings it's basically just an exchange of services. Reverence is nice, but respect suffices.

The Divinity ensures the safe and prosperous application of natural law, in exchange for the prayer that supports its heavenly lifestyle.

Outright creating them to worship you is a bit... iffy, I agree. But swooping in and solving all their problems in exchange for a few moments of meditation isn't so bad.
>>
>>52474131
Is it wrong that seeing a jump of this makes me feel skeezy? Yeah it was decades ago, but people died.
>>
>>52474144
Oh my I forgot my dumb writefagging: https://pastebin.com/5Dy0LFxQ
>>
>>52473904
It would only be included if he had to be a giant, unnatural, and unwieldy 'note' section. Notes shouldn't contain vital info.
>>
>>52474162
>the entire Imperium won't collapse from you finishing off Emps,
No, you're right, The entire galaxy will. It's not just because of his existence that the Imperium doesn't collapse, he's also /actively/ holding off the Chaos Gods. I don't think Always an Ending would prevent the imminent Chaos Incursion any more than it'd keep a weightlifter's weight from falling if you killed them.
>>
>>52474210
So then eat him with Greed and create a clone of yourself to fight them off and do his duties.
>>
>>52474203
People die a lot in history.
It really shouldn't make you feel any worse than platoon being a jump.
>>
File: My Peaches!.png (410KB, 466x493px) Image search: [Google]
My Peaches!.png
410KB, 466x493px
>>52474210
>keep a weightlifter's weight from falling if you killed them.

... Shit. Now I want a way to do that. Do we have a way to do that? Other than hold it up with TK, I guess?
>>
>>52474168
...I'm afraid you're confused then.

Lords of Creation has "Legendary Backgrounds", which are "Essentially a sixth dot in the relevant Background".

I was literally quoting that 6th dot. You're thinking of the Merit version somewhere?
>>
File: nakiami_4001.jpg (113KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
nakiami_4001.jpg
113KB, 400x225px
>>52473865
>Xamd Lost Memories

A Mother's Right seems good. I thought Lady Tenjo was too cheap but since you have to pick up Gibashiri as well that seems fine.
Are you going to put in any companion options or just skip that mess entirely?
>>
>>52474198
Yeah, but I mean I don't like that either. I don't want people to think of me as a god. Weird, I know, but I just don't like the idea of it. Hell, I tend to try and make people self-sufficient without gods whenever I can just because I don't like the idea.
>>
>>52474078

Mnemon has Legendary Breeding as well. Probably a few other children of the Scarlet Empress.

...aside from her lust for power, and getting her little sister killed (much worse than killed, but she didn't know about that), she'd be a rather good prospect for a LB Dragonblood - especially if you can help her win the throne that is rightfully hers.
>>
>>52474242
Shit, maybe you're right. It's been an age since I've looked at Lords of Creation.
>>
>>52474218
If you are strong enough that eating Emps with Greed is a viable option you had no reason to do it in the first place since you could presumably already solo the entire setting with your big toe and a piece of dental floss.
Same with killing him really. He's not a chump despite being half dead.
>>
>>52474209
Not really, he could also include section that talks about the creation of characters. Also he didn't actually include the important information, none of the races have all their racial abilities listed.
>>
>>52474210
>it'd keep a weightlifter's weight from falling if you killed them.

It would however keep the Earth from falling if you killed Atlas.

And it's Sidereal bullshit. It's quite plausible that it would keep those barbells high.
>>
>>52473904
I am confused as to what exactly the problem is then, after reading the books the stuff I put in the jump was all stuff I had ample info on, the royal roads link to the online ln doesnt have a extended encyclopedia to look stuff up in. It has a bunch of loose chapters. Also if you read 3 chapters you should not have even got to where the mc even gets a grove yet. Hell he hasnt even killed a rabbit yet.
>>
>>52474257
She does have a habit of cutting open the stomach of her unsuspecting lover with a knife, to use the entrails for a divination. All because she'd just woken from a nightmare.

But I suppose that's 1st edition... She's still rather ruthless though.
>>
>>52474241
Temporal magic and Infinity from Seven Deadly Sins? Not much else comes to mind, though I wouldn't be surprised if we had something.
>>
>>52474281
You're missing the point, anon. It's not about the power, it's about the fame and the status. The unending trillions of worshippers and fanatics.

Think of the parties you could throw! Slaanesh will weep with envy at your orgies!
>>
I know nothing of Sburb what are some good classes/aspects to choose?
>>
>>52474360
What do you wanna do and how do you wanna do it?
>>
Is there any way for your First Circle Demons' worship to count?
>>
>>52474360
Do Sburb last because master classes are absurd.
Then pick a master class for whatever thing you want to do really really well.
>>
>>52474319

Well, all relationships are give-and-take. You give your intestines, Mnemon takes a new lover.

Though, might be better to just grab her that Hearthstone that prevents nightmares and guarantees good sleep...
>>
>>52474241
Neptune canonically gets raped by a turtle?
>>
>>52474378
Depends on if the type of worship relies on the one worshiping to have a soul or not.
Exalted Worship requires a soul, so Demons are right out. But other forms of worship don't.
>>
>>52474401
Aren't there Charms to give your creations souls?
>>
>>52474285
The only info we have on any character creation stats and special racial stats is for the various flavors of elf though. I could always toss in the other 4 variety of elf, which most of them are literally just different skin tones and various negative intergers to xp gain but I doubt anyone wants that.
>>
>>52474378
They sort of already do.
A demon doesn't have a humans soul battery so the return is not great for exalted stuff, but it shouldn't be impossible to shove one into them with the right charms/perks.
>>
File: 8fQk1VD.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
8fQk1VD.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>52474319
>>
>>52474401
>Exalted Worship requires a soul, so Demons are right out. But other forms of worship don't.
I don't think that's right. Compass of Celestial Directions: Malfeas says that the Yozi surrender oaths forbid them from using the prayer of their demons as a source of Essence. There would be no need for that limitation if they couldn't do it in the first place.
>>
>>52474378
The Yozis got their souls modified so that their Demons can't produce essence from worship.

You only need to experiment and lift that restriction, since you aren't under any Surrender Oaths.

>>52474401
>>52474414
Demons/Deva ARE souls. They're just not build as perfect prayer generators like mortals are, but they still generate some before.
>>
>>52474401
>>52474414
Pretty sure there's actually a perk that lets you hand out souls willy-nilly, but I can't for the life of me remember the jump.
>>
>>52473520
Returning to the earlier discussion; what kind of effects could you manage with a Primordial and Truenaming Magic, from a D&D jump? Would that sort of thing, and its Ritual of Renaming, be enough to slip the Oaths?

... though, I imagine the Power behind the Yozi would make it exceedingly difficult to Name them.

As an aside: the Trees of Metal perk, and Jade. Would it produce a green stone, or actual Jade? I'm not sure on how that one of the Materials is considered, as 'natural for Creation'.

I'd err on the side of 'it is', myself, but... well, you seem rather active this evening, so I thought I'd ask.
>>
>>52474394
The anime is... weird and also utterly terrible. And I'm pretty sure it's noncanon to the game timelines. I blocked most of it from my memory on account of it being terrible though, so... yeah. Good source of screenshots though.

Also, I think the turtle just ate the peaches and left? I don't actually remember, I watched it a while ago.
>>
>>52474445
A Heart To Call My Own from Kingdom Hearts generates souls over a few years of repeated interaction.That's all that comes to mind.
>>
>>52474456
Wait, was it said earlier that Yozis swore the Oaths on their names? Maybe find some way to give them that perk from Skulduggery Pleasant that makes it impossible for people to use your Name against you.
>>
>>52474429
Is that a thing? I honestly don't remember if that is a thing. I would swear that beings need their own soul to give prayer power.

>>52474414
I think so?

>>52474435
They are souls, but they do not have their own soul. They are a piece of your soul given form.
>>
>>52474388
That seems like a good idea.

>>52474426
Nice, Mnemon. Real mature. Some of us have enough self-control not to eviscerate people when we have a bad dream.

Any source on that? Image search turns up nothing.
>>
>>52474445
Alterworld D. Rus has a perk for that.

You can also just make them with Anima magic and shuffle them around. Although the prescence limit makes it difficult if the being in question is absurdly strong.
>>
>>52474495
To be fair, they're actually a piece of a piece of your soul and can be created independently from you.

>>52474502
>Alterworld D. Rus has a perk for that.
Right, that's it.
>>
>>52474247
Well, it didn't occur to me to put it in at the time. If people want it I guess I could figure out a place to cram it in...
>>
>>52474360
>>52474360
This reminds me, I have a few questions about the classes, Is what is listed all they can do? Do they gain abilities over time like increasing skill with their abilities with practice?
Also since I took Maid of Time what effect does that have when fighting time controllers? (Ok the last one might be a bit hard to answer because it's asking about it's effect outside it's own universe)
>>
>>52474497

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/311292-mnemon-why-are-you-so-mean

(The general consensus seems to be "lack of hugs")
>>
>>52474360
As someone who's read Homestuck, I'll tell you right now that they're all shitty.

Doom is the shittiest aspect though, the two people in canon who had it got screwed over really hard. Don't pick it.

Blood is the power of friendship, so it's either the best or the second worst. Depending entirely on your views of such things.

Time is an decent all-rounder, if you're not afraid of being your team's clean-up crew or of accidentally erasing yourself from history.

Heir is a decent class if you don't want to put any effort in, since it "inherits" and is protected by its aspect. Heir of Light would likely use luck or knowledge to protect you from stuff, and Heirs of Time would see time bending over backwards to protect their asses.

My personal recommendation is that you find one of any dozen of quizzes, and just pick one that sounds like it fits you. I think roleplaying trumps cool powers.
>>
>>52474530
Thank you.

That does sound like the obviously correct answer.
>>
>>52474534
Wot about Heir of Hope?
>>
>>52474572
Pretty much anything of Hope is good, total protagonist tier. Except Prince or Bard.
>>
>>52473549
Seconded, would also like to see a Dredmor jump. (Hrm, idea: might be nice if such a jump included stuff from some of the bigger mods (think Runecrafting)
>>
>>52471026
>A Japanese company being anti-loli
What a sad world we live in now.
>>
>>52474534
I remember taking that test and getting Mage, which seems to be the worthless adviser to the people who actually do things.
>>
How good would Lord of Hope be?
>>
>>52474667
Basically the Abrahamic God, from what I can tell.
There's actually a more detailed description in the Sburb jump's notes, though.
>>
>>52474131
So, Question.

If we take “I Won’t Let Go”, Heart of Ice, & No Jumper, You Are The Iceberg can we choose to fall in love with the Titanic?
>>
>>52474300
What I am opposed to is heavily structuring something you have openly said you don't know very much about. There are clearly more options available to players than you are giving to jumpers.

I'm not asking you to put in things that you don't know about, I am asking you not to restrict jumpers to the things you do know about. Don't structure and limit aspects of the setting that you don't have enough information to do properly.

Why is there a race selection section when there isn't enough information on the various races to make one?

Why are the affinities tiered and priced differently when starting characters can choose any two they want for free? (barring a couple of special ones)

Why did you decide to make the origins narrow class archetypes when you have limited information about the class archetypes? Why not separate them by something there is sufficient information for; such as Drop-In, Fleshy, Net citizen, AI, etc.?

Why have you only read the published books when most of the information on the setting is somewhere else? The author posts the story on royalroadl.com and it is way further along than the two books for the series that are out on amazon.

Series like this tend to heavily focus on singular characters or small groups so perks and items have to be based on the MC and his friends but don't force us to be clones of them just because their stuff is the only things that there are details on.
>>
>>52474667
It's in the jump document's notes, actually. Not that you could get it, Lord and Muse are forbidden classes. But the notes say that if you did encounter one, they'd be more or less a reality warper, as well as having strong powers over belief and religious iconography.
>>
>>52474728
Not that guy, but which is more appropriate for a willpower/determination focused jumper? Knight of Hope or Heart?
>>
>>52474756
>Lord and Muse are forbidden classes
The "forbidden" clause is lifted if you take it as an endjump. The downside being, obviously, it's an endjump.
>>
How do I convince EMIYA not to betray me at the slightest provocation when it benefits him?

My Jumper's a goody-goody type person, so.
>>
>>52474744
While I am not sure about love I am sure you could ahem "bang" it Ba Dum Tss
>>
>>52474657
You're thinking Seer. Mages are an active class, meaning they're more likely to do stuff by themselves. Seers are passive and help other people.
>>
Theoretically, could I take an Endjump then use a post-spark wish to continue the chain?
>>
>>52474782
So it does. I missed that clause, it was worded in a way that made me not realize it applied to the no master classes rule.

>>52474829
Why not just keep jumping on your own? Post-Spark you can travel from world to world accumulating power all with your inherent abilities. If you want to stick to the framework of Jumpchain, go ahead, no need for a wish.
>>
>>52474829
You can already go wherever and do whatever post spark.
You don't need to continue following a jumpchain format.
At worst use the wish to still get things for free when you go new places.
>>
>>52474857
It's the flavor. Ans the fact that the Benefactor is much more powerful than even a Sparked jumper, so they can keep giving you stuff instead of you having to create spells to mimic things and being limited in what you can do.

>>52474862
I guess that works.
>>
>>52474829
Yeah, but there's also nothing stopping you from using the incredible magic power granted by a spark to do something like a chain without Jumpchan.
>>
>>52474879
>It's the flavor. Ans the fact that the Benefactor is much more powerful than even a Sparked jumper, so they can keep giving you stuff instead of you having to create spells to mimic things and being limited in what you can do.
Ah, so you're too lazy to figure out how to do these things on your own. Well, why didn't you just say so? Sure, use your wish to keep suckling on Jump-chan's teat instead of standing on your own like an adult.
>>
>>52474829
Yes but no one wants to hear about it even if you do.
>>
>>52474755
>What I am opposed to is heavily structuring something you have openly said you don't know very much about. There are clearly more options available to players than you are giving to jumpers.

I did not say that, I said the setting does not give info on them. Nowhere does it give ingo on them. The races I included? All have some appearance later in the books to justify them.

>I'm not asking you to put in things that you don't know about, I am asking you not to restrict jumpers to the things you do know about. Don't structure and limit aspects of the setting that you don't have enough information to do properly.

That is exactly what I am doing I am letting people use aspects that are fleshed out instead of saying "go read the books and make shit up"

>Why is there a race selection section when there isn't enough information on the various races to make one?

The races there have members that show up for at least a chapter

>Why are the affinities tiered and priced differently....

Because they cannot pick whatever ones they want to start, thats a lie.

>Why did you decide to make the origins narrow class archetypes when you have limited information....

Becauss the class archetypes are what there is actual info on, the only info we have on net citizens is that they used to be people and now they play online games as data.

>Why have you only read the published books when most of the information on the setting is somewhere else? The author posts the story on royalroadl.com and it i...

There are 3 books and they are only a few chapters behind the web novel.

>Series like this tend to heavily focus on singular characters or small groups so perks and items have to be based on the MC and his friends but don't force us to be clones...

You arent, you can build however you want but I refuse to write a "blank check" jump for you to wank whatever you want into it when the setting actually has things to base a jump on.
>>
>>52474881
The time freeze effect on such a large multiversal scale would be really hard to replicate.
>>
>>52474829
And then they just throw you at another endjump.

"Piss off. You upheld your end of the deal, I upheld mine."
>>
>>52474908
You don't need to. You really just need time travel, it amounts to the same effect. Just travel to the point in the jump when you left it.
>>
>>52474913
Wouldn't the Benefactor theoretically want you to continue? To keep entertaining them?
>>
>>52474300
How to solve races very easily.
There are a wide variety of races you can choose to be in this setting including human, elf, orc, drake, Starship AI, and many others. You can choose pretty much any race you want. Keep in mind though that regardless of what you choose they are all relatively well balanced overall. A dragon for example would start out as a small and weak (IE level 1) dragon similar in strength to any other starting character.
>>
>>52474933
Except you upheld your deal.

You entertained them up to the final point, they upheld their end of the deal by gifting you your Uber-Speshul-Joy-Planeswalker's Spark.

Trying to weasel anymore out of it is just bad faith.
>>
>>52474815
Nah Mages are supposed to be guides or something rather than actual fighters.
>>
Hey Manyfist, would this work in future jumps or only in Arrowverse?

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Spear_of_Destiny
>>
>>52474772
Hope comes from 'faith' and hope, that sort of thing, whereas heart comes through the soul and self. So, I'd say, probably heart?
Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure- this isn't my specialty. Rage could also work, even. Mostly, it depends on how that willpower/determination manifests itself for you, I'd guess.
>>
>>52474935
Except that does not exactly work, while it could solve this issue of one person doing this you physically become your avatar, meaning you would be unable to interact with people in a lot of races. And a lot of races do get OP starting powers but they also start out in literal hellholes. For instance one race I was considering putting in is shade, they are living shadow. The mcs mom chooses one.

She literally cannot even speak to people for any reason until she gwts to a high level when she unlocks special skills to do so, she cannot leave the planet either.

It also means that if you turn into one? People outside the game try to kill you on sight and you cannot use a lot of different forms of mana. It almost happens to a little girl who turned into an air elemental. Again though the other races dont have info other than they come with restrictions.
>>
>>52474935
So give us no info about this world we're going to. Nice.

>>52474300
He wants a completely different jump. You can't really discuss anything with people like that.
>>
>>52474755
Excising info from a jump makes a worse jump, no matter how much you stomp your feet about muh freedom, ParanoidAnon.
>>
>>52474772
>>52474993
Breath could also theoretically serve pretty well, come to think of it.
>>
>>52473405
>Because otherwise the Weave/ambient magic field/whatever for that setting won't be present and it won't work.
How nice of you to tell everyone how their chain works for them anon.

Mind citing that rule for everyone in case we missed it? Because I don't see that stated in either the text Quicksilver made that started it all, or in most later jump documents.
>>
>>52474857
Your inherent ability to drain land to summon monsters.
>>
>>52474755
Have you ever considered that your points are to make you a character in the setting, not to buy things IN ADDITION to being innately everything people are in that universe?
>>
>>52475069
But what's the point of CP if not to make me capable of stomping an entire setting with just that setting's purchases?
>>
>>52473339
Pretty sure that'll take hundreds of years of active use of the charm. So probably more liek millenia since you won't always be able to be doing it.
>>
>>52475000
I don't really see the issue with that, having more power at the cost of some other demerit makes sense.

>>52475003
>>52475017
There is no reason why he wouldn't still include the info he has, also the jump as it is now contains none of the relevant info you think my suggestions would remove.

>>52475069
You are supposed to be the equal of a normal person in the setting before you spend any CP anon.

>>52475096
That is stupid and a complete strawman of my position.
>>
>>52475203
>You are supposed to be the equal of a normal person in the setting before you spend any CP anon.
Who says?
>>
120. Kingdom Hearts
Background: Drop-In, Race: Funny Animal, Age: 24
Perks: JRPG Style, A Heart To Call My Own, Magical Potential, Hit It!, Double Jump, Protagonist's Endurance, You Are Never Alone, Mentor's Touch, I Live Here, A Key To Any Lock, Crystal Concepts, Forget-Me-Not
Items: Nomura Brand Outfit, Potions, Mega Potion, Ether, Black Coat, Munny Pouch, Portable Synthesizer
Training Weapons: Red Staff
Weapons: Summoned Weapon (Spear)
Drawbacks: Old Friends and Familiar Faces, Finding Your Light, They Come

Stacking double jump perks is pretty pointless with diminishing returns. You will never reach triple jumps. But it's free, so that's pretty whatever.

Anyway, this jump is mostly spent helping people out and avoiding the story while under attack. So, like maybe half the jumps where I don't know the story but am sure everything works out fine. I'm not sure everything works out fine here, because from what I gather this story was designed to never end. Sora will be 85 and be facing a new group dubbed the Inert and the worlds will just have to deal. So I jump from world to world punching void-beings in the face and solving people's problems and making friends. Except now I only have to stay a week and can come back later.

So, sometimes I just jump into battle alongside Donald Duck during weird story moments to take advantage of Support, He's one of my favorite cartoon characters and having him as a friend is really fucking cool. I don't fanboy out or anything, but it does fill my little internal happiness colander something fierce. I don't like to hang around that much because this setting is Shonen-Tier bullshit and I have stuff to do, but this is part of the reason I started jumping. Now if only the other Caballeros existed in a jump.

I'm going to spend most of my downtime experimenting with cooking Crystal Concepts to see what I can make. Taking the slow road is part of the fun here, I think.
>>
>>52475216
Well if you want to be anal about it then:
You are supposed to be the equal of a normal person of your origin before you spend any additional CP.

Better?
>>
>>52475276
No. Still not a rule.
>>
Okay so I was thinking. That perk from Soul Eater that lets you recreate magical phenomena with technology + a perk that lets you turn technology into a spell + Infinity. Could I use that to create a version of the First Flame from Dark Souls that never fades?
>>
>>52475295
One problem: You never see the First Flame to properly emulate it.
>>
Do we have any other sources of regen as good as Zombie? Seven Deadly Sins is a CP vampire and my build could stand to have that bumped, but it's just so good. Letting you come back from your physical form beings completely destroyed? I mean damn.
>>
>>52475295
Sure, if you want to fuck up reality. It's the dogged persistence to keep the Flame lit that's causing reality to decay. It's supposed to die and then be reignited later, the universe of Dark Souls is meant to be cyclical.
>>
>>52475295
Maybe, but it would take a lot of studying time, and it wouldn't be as good. You'd get a lower quality First Flame that lasts forever.

Also this >>52475331.
>>
>>52475276
Generally, I think that 1000 CP spent semi-intelligently, which means not buying only stuff discounted to other backgrounds, and freebies should be enough to let you pitch in and help with the main plot. Not stomp it, not solo the final boss, but enough to be relevant and make a difference if you fight smart.
>>
>>52475341
Just get a spirit form. That would do the same thing. Use some matter manipulation power to produce a body whenever you need one.
>>
>>52475341
Omega-level Regeneration from X-Men Movies.
>>
>>52475341
Third Magic's final ritual in Fate/Stay is similar in it's effects.
You'd need to get a new body afterwards if you get vaped, but thats not too difficult.

Going Purified in WoD mortals is similar as well, but unfortunately it's just a 1up while you're still jumping.
>>
>>52475356
Completely agree.
>>
>>52475331
Time travel can be obtained in many places, anon. Hell, it's not like time is perfectly linear in Dark Souls, either.
>>
>>52475203
If the other races get fleshed out more in the future I will add them, but until then there really is no point in adding them. Next book I may just add in elementals in the update (it seems to get a new book every 2 months or so) and I may add the new blue people who are so damn annoying that they got genocided.

Would you want me to put them in and have the canon drawbacks to the races? Shades cant touch light mana or see. Windies can touch earth or see either. A couple of the elves take experience penalties when not on the planet they were born on. Some races cannot leave their planet. Hell some cannot move at all. You are a normal person before you spend any cp, I should also point out that other normal people didnt even have access to seeds, those didnt get handed out till shit already hit the fan, only a few people had them. You also get a house for the jump to stay in.

So if you come in and spend no co you can still be just like everyone else. You will probably die to a dragon before you get a chance to level up, or an ocean slime. But that is an option. Just having the free seed and choosing your race along with all the freebies is a massive boost to survivability.
>>
>>52475331
Take the drawback that puts you in the middle of the war between the Dragons and the Lords.

>>52475342
Technically that's happening because it keeps winding down and almost dying, then having some poor schmuck thrown on it to burn. If it never starts to fade then it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I'm doing this more to have a permanent replica in my own Inner World to experiment on than I am to "fix" Dark Souls.

>>52475344
So overcharge the spell or something?
>>
>>52475378
I looked over the heroes jump yesterday (thanks for telling me the folder anon!), you can get perfect time travel there for 1000 cp.
>>
>>52475396
what
>>
>>52475381
>So overcharge the spell or something
That would make it more powerful, not increase the quality. For reference, the perk itself is based on Medusa creating the Black Clown, based on Asura's Clowns. It's less intelligent, less powerful, less durable, it's just all around pretty craptastic compared to the real deal. It's still insanely impressive that Medusa could make it with just SCIENCE and magic, considering the fact that Asura's a fucking Great Old One, but it was of all around far lower quality. Just overcharging it wouldn't bring it up to the level of the actual First Flame, aside from how long it lasts.
>>
>>52475381
Why is everyone so fascinated with the Flame anyway? The Flame is shit. Due to the entropic nature of the world, it and everything tied to it inevitably falls apart. The Dark and the Abyss only ever grow stronger. The Pygmy started out the weakest Lord, split his soul among an entire race (which kept splitting it for untold millenia with no noticeable drawbacks) died, and then ended up coming back as a godlike being when someone poked his grave.
>>
>>52475396
except Time-Space Manipulation isn't purchasable.

Look through the ENTIRE jump. It's nowhere in there.
>>
>>52475447
Power Copying, then touch Hiro.
>>
>>52475453
Fair enough.
>>
>>52475447
You take the power grabber power then grab hiro. It does not block it off anywhere in the jump either.
>>
>>52475447
Could be talking about the old version. Originally, there was a power that gave you Hiro's time travel stuff, but you needed a time anchor, and you were required to take a drawback that caused you to appear in different parts of the timeline (which is still there, oddly enough).

>>52475453
>>52475463
Or not.
>>
>>52475379
>Would you want me to put them in and have the canon drawbacks to the races?
That would be nice yes, also including the racial bonuses of the other races you have left out for some reason.

Can you at least let jumpers choose what they want for their character within what you have available? The races and starting magics are all freely available to any starting character other than a jumper.
>>
>>52475480
>also including the racial bonuses of the other races you have left out for some reason.
The racial bonuses you have left out from the currently included races.
>>
>>52475453
>>52475463
Though it says your power level and control over the power will forever be exactly the same as the person you touched. So teach Hiro to control his powers first unless you want a power that fucks you more than it helps.
>>
>>52475499
Or just touch someone like Franklin Richards instead.
>>
>>52475499
shhhhh, we don't need the truth getting out now do we.
>>
In Dragonball, there's the following drawback:

>The Jumper Saga [+0] - Of course, if you don’t mind staying a little longer, you may instead stay in this world for the long haul. You stay has been extended until the beginning of Age 761, where you will immediately begin the Dragonball Z jump in the same world at the end of this very jump. Good luck! That’s when things get crazy!

What happens if you've already been to Dragon Ball Z? Since I'm jumping them out of order and ruling that this jump to Dragonball is occuring in a different universe, I'm tempted to treat it as an unorthodox return.
>>
>>52475480
The only races, at all, that have any info on bonuses are the elves. One of the elves also takes a -10% penalty to ALL STATS when not on the planet of its birth.

Just to be clear you want me to impose the penalties that go along with all this. For no reason in particular?
>>
>>52475518
Franklin Richards has terrible control over his powers, though.
>>
>>52475378
Most of the Jumps I've seen limit their Time Travel outside the jump, unless Time Travel is a part of the other jump - and then only tends to work in relation. It also isn't THAT unstable in Lordan, Dangleich, or 3.

>>52475381
The Flame is already divided by that point, though. The war starts AFTER the Souls are taken from it, and the Drawback drops you into the middle of it.
>>
>>52475529
Either you can't take the drawback at all to prevent doubling up on a jump, or you can and it just counts as all being part of the Dragonball jump so you don't get to make any new purchases when it rolls around to Z.
>>
File: you-keep-using-that-word.jpg (38KB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg
38KB, 684x384px
>>52475396
>perfect time travel
>perfect
>>52475453
>Hiro

Did you watch a different series to the one I did?
>>
>>52475550
Yeah, didn't figure I'd get to make purchases. But you don't with a Warehouse Return either
>>
>>52475557
Truth's being obscured to ensure maximum benefit.

Same business as usual.
>>
>>52473865
...So should I throw this on the drive?
>>
If I buy Brains + Energy in Marvel, can that be basic training in magic?
>>
Are there any durability perks that work by distributing the energy of an attack over your entire body, preventing any local build up that could cause point penetration of your defenses? You know, like how some science fiction has superconductive armor to disperse energy weapon shots, only for damage in general.
>>
>>52475535
The adult one, I mean. He's usually showing up and mentoring his younger self all the damn time. Or you could copy Nate Grey or Rachel Summers. Both of their bullshit psychic powers let them step outside of time, I think.

Or Jamie Braddock, Legion, or any of the other stupid Omega Mutants hanging around.
>>
>>52475575
Looks good
>>
>>52475578
No, no, you can fire energy beams shaped like brains!
>>
>>52475575
I think so. It looks good.
>>
>>52475610
Some of our "HP bars", to an extent. SAO and the Gamer have one each.
>>
>>52475529
>>52475550
>>52475560
Yeah, same thing happens with other 'go to X jump next, don't collect 200' drawbacks in Metal Gear and Dark Sun and Evangelion REBUILD NEVER BY THE WAY BECAUSE FUCK US AM I RIGHT
>>
>>52475546
Phoenix Gate, Nanban Mirror, etc. Most of the jumps don't restrict their time travel to the point where it would be useless for studying the First Flame, and those two methods are certainly sufficient.
>>
>>52475578
Brains+Energy… seems like you'd be really good at designing/making energy weapons?

I don't think magic is accessible in the Marvel jump. You'll have to ask Marvel_anon.
>>
So I'm looking at the Dresden Files wiki ans I can't help but notice how limited its applications seem if you're following the Laws.

>Thou shalt not kill by use of magic.
Severely restricted usefulness in combat.
>Thou shalt not transform others.
Polymorphson people and apparently even things like healing them via biomancy is right out.
>Thou shalt not invade the mind of another.
All mental magic outside of simple holographic illusions are a no-go.
>Thou shalt not enthrall another.
Can't use summoning magic to summon up some mooks to serve you.
>Thou shalt not reach beyond the borders of life.
Also can't do it with Necromancy.
>Thou shalt not swim against the currents of Time.
Time fuckery and travel isn't allowed.
>Thou shalt not seek knowledge beyond the Outer Gates.
Apparently there to prevent summoning Cthulhu?

Can someone give me examples of what it's actually good for in the books? Since it seems like your spells have to actually play ball with physics, meaning the range of effects is even further limited.
>>
>>52475648
That's not quite what I want. Those make your body behave like it's a single mass, but they still calculate your HP from how durable you'd be if you didn't have them. I've actually already got an HP bar perk in the form of Heart of Steve, I'm just trying to stack as many different forms of durability as possible.
>>
>>52475686
Well, the laws against using magic against other people only apply to humans. So you can blast monsters, or summon and bind creatures to serve you. That makes the first four a lot less restricting.
>>
>>52475687
Maybe you could take Energy Absorption from X-Men Movies and use Real Eater to change it to "Energy Dispersion" or something?
>>
>>52475686
Killing non humans. If you can justify it not being human you could summon it, mindrape it, rape rape it, kill it, resurect it, and make its body into a talking singing candle and nobody will care.
>>
>>52475706
That could work, maybe. I'll take a look at the perk. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52475705
Actually just read the first book not long ago and it was explicitly noted that binding Inhumans is still against the Laws.
>>
>>52475472
Do you have a copy of that version?
>>
>>52475724
Are you sure? That doesn't sound right. Maybe I'm misremembering. How does Bob work, then? Does he not count for some reason?
>>
>>52475724
Not if you torture and starve them into it.
>>
>>52475530
>The only races, at all, that have any info on bonuses are the elves.
And you should list them! The Void Elves are more expensive than the others for no reason just because one of their bonuses is listed!

>For no reason in particular?
Making more races available is a good thing.
>>
>>52475740
No, sorry, I didn't think to save a copy.
>>
Any perks that give cool non-magical-girl powered-up forms?
>>
>>52475686
Get Vadderung to tutor you since he's the one who taught Merlin, who could pull some craaaaaaazy shit. (See Demonreach.)

Or just reverse-engineer the Blackstaff, which sucks out the corruption from black magic.

Or, seeimg as the Blackstaff proves black magic actually does have innately corrupting effects beyond your won subconscious, therefore breaking Wildcard's reason for anti-corruption perks not working, just ignore his ruling.
>>
>>52475762
Well, any Kamen Rider will give you that. Super forms are a must for Riders, and Kuuga and Agito (in Heisei Part 1) are perks, not gear. Other than that, Noblesse and God of High School both have some good perks for super modes, you might want to try them.
>>
>>52473549
You want Paper Sorcerer. Which, despite the name, centers around a summoner.
>>
>>52475744
Well technically owning Bob is an offense too, but for a different reason. We're not entirely sure how Etienne actually bound Bob centuries ago, so he might have forced him into it (which wouldn't actually make the current owner of the skull guilty anyway so it wouldn't matter) or he may have convinced Bob to swear an oath or something.
>>
>>52475748
I am really getting tired of repeating this honestly, but you want me to add more elves fine.

Stellar elf, free. exactly the same as a high elf but slightly better at piloting in space vehicles.

Dark elf, free. exactly the same as wood elf except slightly better at seeing in the dark and they dont like being around other people

Core Elf, free. slightly better on their home planet, if they ever leave their home planet they recieve a 10% penalty to all stats.

There you go, the entirety of all the racial boosts we have.
>>
>>52475832
Does that mean the core elves get a 10% debuff after the jump?
>>
>>52475832
Do all these elves live on the same planet?
>>
>>52475782
Let's just ignore all of Wild_Card's rulings, why don't we? Except, of course, those which benefit us.
>>
>>52475849
Im not sadistic enough to do that to people, no. I will add these in and leave a note at the end that it goes away after the jump.

>>52475853
Yes, actually the elves live on 3 planets in the same system but they all come from the same one.
>>
>>52475858
>Except, of course, those which benefit us.
Such as...?
>>
>>52475832
A complete list would be.

Woodland Elf
+10% All stats when in a 'Forest' environment.
+20% Growth rate with Nature Magic skills and Huntsman class skills.

High Elf
+10% All stats when in an 'Urban' environment.
+10% Growth rate with Diplomatic skills or Mage class skills.

Dark Elf
+5% All stats when in a dark environment.
Racial Darkvision
+10% Growth rate with Shadow Magic skills and Thief class skills.

Stellar Elf
+20% Growth rate in all space-related skills.

Void Elf
Ability to breathe and fly in outer space without the need of external devices.
+15% Growth rate in Stellar Magic.

Core Elf
+10% All stats on home planet.
-10% All stats away from home planet.
+10% Growth rate in all homeworld skills.

Half-Elf
Half of elf racial bonuses/penalties for selected elf race.
+5% Growth rate with new skills.
>>
>>52475872
Are the planets all the same?
>>
>>52475885
Standsonas, glyphs, etc.
>>
>>52475849
>>52475872
Why not have home planet count as your home planet in your current jump and only apply to the Core Elf Alt form?
>>
>>52475423
Humans fear the Dark, and thus themselves and their own era. God brainwashing, basically.
>>
>>52475920
Well yeah, but that's Gwyn's fault.
>>
>>52475858
A jumpmaker is supposed to represent the setting. Nothing gives them the right to rule how an actually-not shit writer's setting works.
>>
>>52475895
Pretty much. The planets are all pretty much the same its just the elves colonized them with their race long ago but couldnt crack ftl.
>>
>>52475910
Standsonas- not nearly as good as having two separate projections anyway

glyphs- what?

etc- two examples isn't much.
>>
>>52475910
I dunno what those are.
>>
>>52475918
By that same token if you go to any jumps in space you are then stuck with a weakness sapping 10% of all your power.

>>52475889
Wonderful now pull me up a list of all the other races you demand I add in.
>>
>>52475889
So you are saying all the elves should cost more cp because they start with more?
>>
>>52475962
>Wonderful now pull me up a list of all the other races you demand I add in.
There isn't one, that is the whole point behind why I have a problem with the way you're doing this!
>>
>>52475934
To be fair, I'm fairly certain the Jump was made before a lot of the books came out. Things were revealed to not be such absolutes later on. But early on they were stated as laws of the universe with no evidence otherwise.
>>
>>52475686
In the actual books, murder only fucks you over if you do it intentionally and without good reason, and enjoy it. Self defense? Fine. Accident? Fine. Murder for fun? Not fine.

Wild Card only made it more restrictive in the jump because he didn't like jumpers killing.
>>
>>52475984
Every race has bonuses like this, we just don't know what they are.
>>
>>52475994
Translation: Anon wants everybody to be slave-race human going into the jump.
>>
>>52475994
So your problem is you insist I add stats for a total of 7 races while leaving all other races blank or remove races all together?

No. I would need a lot better reason than simply repeated I "but I dont like it"
>>
>>52475994
>>52476012
You guys are being doorknobs about this. If the bonuses aren't known, how's he supposed to add them to the Jump?
>>
>>52476012
Then how is anyone supposed to know what they are. Do you know what they are? Do they show up in the books? Or the web novel or whatever? Is there some stat guide for all the races that you want included? What exactly are you after?
>>
>>52476024
>slave-race human
Oh, God, could you please not start that again?
>>
>>52476048
I think it's someone EXTREMELY autistic who has very specific ideas about jumpmaking and is giving Aion shit for not making it how he wants.
>>
>>52476048
By saying fanwank whatever bonuses or powers seem appropriate for your race.
>>
>>52476004
uh, no. The last one came out like two years ago. The very most recent one. The very first WIP not made by Wild Card may have come out before the last book but the second last book came out in 2013, before JC was even started. WC's jump came out after all the books came out, maaaaybe before the most recent one. Not all of them.
>>
>>52475937
Ah. I was wondering which one might be the 'worst' one, but if they're all the same there's not really one.
>>
>>52476082
Three years actually anon. Hardcovers of the last book were out in 2014. The second last book, Cold Days, was out in 2012.
>>
Ok look its 12:30 here and I have work in 4 hours. I am going to put the new races in but then I have to hit the bed and will try to get back after work, sorry I cant stay longer guys. Have fun jumping.
>>
>>52476066
He's not me.

Though he's still right, humans are slaves in that setting.
>>
>>52476100
GET BACK HERE AND LET ME KEEP YELLING AT YOU.

Gnight.
>>
>>52475947
>Standsonas- not nearly as good as having two separate projections anyway
Maybe. Though they each have special properties that are likely stronger combined.

Also, the Stand Arrow explicitly says that it will magnify the Stand's abilities ten-fold, and the Standsona has all of yours, so it might be almost mandatory with certain purchases...
>>
>>52476139
>likely stronger
Why? I don't see any reason they'd combine to strength instead of just taking the best bits of both.

>all of your abitilies
What? Why would they have that? Neither Stands nor Persona have all the powers of the wielder.
>>
File: fcc.jpg (38KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
fcc.jpg
38KB, 720x479px
>Reading the Dark Souls jump
>Realize Draconic Transformation works in any Alt-Form
>Can be a Dragon in FR
>Can buy racial templates
>TFW when you realize you can become Half-Dragon Dragon Dragon Hybrid
>You can import a dragon and be its rider in Dragonlance
>TFW you realize you can be a Half-Dragon Dragon Dragon Hybrid riding another Half-Dragon Dragon Hybrid
>>
>>52476172
It's dragons all the way down.
>>
>>52476172
Ignoring the caption, what the sweet almighty fuck is going on in that picture.

Is that dude going Super Saiyan.
>>
>>52476169
Yes, and the best bits of both is going to be "stronger" overall.

The Persona does, at least the jump version:

>Your Persona is stronger and more durable than you, with access to any ability or item you possess, and can call upon the Collective Unconscious to manifest your desires and will in the form of powerful physical or magical techniques, depending on the Archetype you've chosen.
>>
>>52476123
I've been thinking, my build is going to be a half-elf who agitates all the slaves to rebel against the elves. Something about that makes it feel more rebellious or shocking to me. People will be really flabbergasted about it.

Would obviously cut the ears down so an overzealous crowd doesn't lynch me.
>>
>>52476210
...that makes no sense. Why the fuck would they have any ability you have? Why any ITEM you have? Why stronger and more durable then you? The only thing I can understand at all is the last bit and even that takes a really weird, abusable way to say "You can learn the in game magic and physical techniques"
>>
>>52476077
You know the sad thing is I can't tell if you are serious. That sounds like the most abusable thing ever but it also seems to be what you are asking for above so I just don't know.
>>
>>52476207
No goddamn clue, I found it on Google.
>>
>>52476293
The guy who was complaining wanted races removed and just a blank space that said 'be any race you want in the setting' pretty much.

He'd have made more headway if he had just argued for the specific race he wants to be included.
>>
>>52476234
Well, at the time, we didn't have another SMT/Persona jump, so no one really cared too much if it stuck to canon or not because it was just there and present. Arguably, since the ruling isn't something that limits the jumper like some of Wild Card's other rulings, people have been content to just let it slide. That, and no one can make another Persona jump without somebody raising a fuss because of how vague Wild Card's jump is, so at this point there's not much left to do about it. You can feel that it's not accurate and you wouldn't be wrong, but harping on it won't change it.
>>
>>52476234
The idea is that it's just an extension of yourself, not a separate being. So obviously another part of yourself can use your abilities.
>>
>>52476234
To be fair, there is /some/ basis for Personas sharing traits with the user, even if not to that extent.
>>
>>52476358
But that's not what it actually is at all. Where is there any evidence that that's a thing?

>>52476372
Then it should be to that extent that they show it, not to an extent that they do not show.
>>
>>52476358
The P4 anime sort of kicked that idea to the curb actually.
>>
>>52476404
The P4 anime contradicted a lot of shit all around, so it's not exactly a good judge of anything.
>>
>>52476404
>Anime adaptions
>Canon
I guess Chie has the power to exist in two places simultaneously.
>>
>>52476419
To be fair, I'm willing to put a lot more judgement into the anime, even if it contradicts the source, then what a few anons think make sense but have no proof for.
>>
>>52476385
Well, the extent that's shown is that Personas possess all abilities of their user, it's just... nearly all of the characters are mundane humans apart from their Personas, so we have no idea if it would also work for some supernatural abilities.
>>
>it's another"bitch about Wild_Card" episode
Fuck, it's not like he's even here to do anything about it.

See all of you next thread.
>>
>>52476459
That sounds like it's not really 'they share the abilities' as it is 'they're humanoid entities that can move' because with a mundane human, that's basically everything they can do.

You need to stretch absurdly far to take 'can move like a human' to mean 'possesses all the powers their user has'.
>>
>>52476459
Well if you take the >>52476358 idea seriously and consider Wild Card's rulings as canon, there's really no way that any of them can be mundane humans given what the Personas are capable of.
>>
When was Wild-Card last on?
>>
>>52476502
Who knows? He apparently pops in and out of IRC.
>>
>>52476489
Okay, except they also confer their abilities upon the user, so there's obviously at least /some/ kind of connection there. And supernatural effects granted to the user by magical items are also passed to the Persona, so there's another point in favor.
>>
>>52476524
The next response will be:
>Of course he's hiding there.
Or something similar.
>>
>>52476524
The last time he came on I believe was literally almost a year ago. That was the last one I witnessed - not sure if he's popped in since.
>>
>>52476484
Basically current shitposting strat seems to be 'weakly whine about jumpmaker who can't defend themselves'.
>>
File: Your next line is.jpg (16KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
Your next line is.jpg
16KB, 500x254px
>>52476588
Here, have this for line predicting purposes.
>>
>>52476588
OF COURSE HE'S HIDING THERE!

N-NANI?!
>>
>>52476605
He was on in August, fairly regularly even.
>>
>>52476605
No, he was definitely there fairly recently. I would even say sometime within the last month or so.
>>
>>52476588
>>52476608
>>52476609
And like that it's ruined. Thanks, NuBee.
>>
>>52476607
What else would you expect them to do, shitposters have never bothered targeting anyone that would talk back. It's just one big circlejerk for them.
>>
>>52476580
>Confer their abilities to the user
Which has what bearing on the other way? it implies some connection but given there are plenty of abilities they do not confer, such as any sort of active attack or ability that must be used by the persona and not the person, they don't do everything.

Again, this has no real relevance to the idea of persona having all the powers of their user. It only implies a connection at best, not that they share anything beyond that. This particular point only implies some Stand-like sharing of health/status in that healing or buffing one does it to the other.
>>
>>52476524
>>52476626
>>52476616
Well, if any of you see him, can you ask him how he'd feel about smaller Persona jumps being made by others?
>>
>>52476656
Why should you care about his opinion in the first place.

It's like with Zelda. He has no right to block off other settings like that. Just make the jump and tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>52476644
>not that they share anything beyond that. This particular point only implies some Stand-like sharing of health/status
No, they definitely share passive abilities either inherent to the Persona or granted to the user by items, at the very least. And they're not like Stands in that regard, as they don't really fully share damage but rather knock the user unconscious if "destroyed".
>>
>>52476677
If you'll remember, nobody let you people anything with Zelda unlike you shitposted at Ruki directly and she allowed it.

Remember? That LTTP jump you said you'd make? Parasite.
>>
>>52476608
If we have or later get a Pyromancy Flame from the first Dark Souls jump, will the Chaos Seed fuse with it like if we had bought the perk in DS3?
>>
>>52476656
Realistically there's nothing that he could really do if somebody were to make a jump out of one of the specific Personas. It's the thread that might get up in arms and start screaming about it, depending on how Personas are handled, how the Wild Card is handled, etc. Worse comes to worst, we get the same situation that happened with the Tron jump recently unfold.
>>
>>52476656
Well, Persona 5 at least isn't covered by the current jump, by virtue of his last sighting in thread being before it was released.
>>
>>52476694
>At the very least
Bit much to say that when they only share passive abilities or stuff granted by items. Still nothing showing anything but passives going from the persona to the user or sharing powers from the user to the persona, only item effects, which could just as easily be being used on both people.
>>
>>52476702
>the Zelda shitstorm

And the only stellar Zelda jump we've gotten out of it has been Minish Cap.

The Majora's Mask WIP a while back was meh at best and BLADE's approach to Wind Waker was decidedly weird and odd.

Fucking hell was that shitstorm worth it? At all?
>>
He can't prove anything himself, he doesn't care about your opinions and conclusions because the source doesn't say anything directly. There's no debate. Nothing to discuss. Just end it and put the passive-aggressive whining to rest.
>>
>>52476747
No, but the shitposter had his diaper on and a whole month's stock of mountain dew and cheetos. Nothing could stop him from screaming.
>>
>>52476707

Nope, it's a perk interaction rather than a natural result of having the Chaos Seed and a Pyromancy Flame. It's the same with all of the Build Perk + 400CP Origin Perk combos.
>>
>>52476747
It wasn't worth being a shitstorm, but it didn't have to be a shitstorm.
Can it really be helped if some people are cunts and don't know how to ask like decent human beings?
>>
>>52476716
Technically P5 is covered because it falls within the same time and location frame, which was just vague all around. Wild Card kept it that way intentionally so people could pick and choose.
>>
>>52476747
"Stellar" is pretty subjective. I don't think Wind Waker was that bad at all, but I'm not sure what it would take to make a stellar jump by your books.
>>
>>52476813
And yet also forced people to be unable to actually take part in any story, thus letting him have total control over the entire series no matter what gets made in future, because everything is covered except not in a way anyone can get to enjoy.
>>
>>52476826
It wasn't BAD as a final product, but BLADE's quirks during production (like initially having that aversion to a racial selection) wound up a bit of a turn-off, you get me?
>>
>>52476849
Like I said, if somebody wanted to go make a setting specific jump, no one is going to stop them. They can get shouted down if they try to put their jump on the drive as a replacement, but other than that there's nothing Wild Card can do.

This has been the case for god knows how long, it's just that with maybe a single exception, most jumpmakers don't want to make a jump if there's even a chance it won't make it to the drive. You can go try to persuade him to make it if you want, but that's your business.
>>
>>52476849
I think I remember him saying that he was going to update it with a 0cp drawback that allows you to take part in the game stories, but then he fucked off to who knows where.
>>
What I want to know is why anyone even cares about Persona.
It's a bottom of the barrel waifu sim.
Just do anything else SMT related instead. They're all better.
>>
>>52476901
Well yeah. Why the hell would you stay in a place where your mere existence seems to infuriate a select group of overly obsessive arseholes that will shitpost endlessly in your general direction?

Who'd want to put up with that?
>>
>>52476901
>who knows where
In prison, probably, his backwards definition of consent finally biting him in the ass.
>>
121. Fable
Timeline: Fable, Location: Guild
Perks: Trophy Master, Monster Hunter, Dandy, Brutal Style, Dextrous Style, Will User
Spells: Physical Shield, Heal Life
Items: Mundane Weapon [Halberd]

The man behind Jack's mask is named Rodric, and he was very hungry when freed.
>>
>>52476921
That's only really Persona 4. Persona 1 was just SMT except you had Stands/Personas instead of demons. There was no dating sim element, no social links, it was just you and your friends fighting an army of demons and zombies, as well as a conspiracy led by a guy that wanted to become God. Persona 2 was much the same, except instead of demons and zombies it was Moon Nazis, the New World Order, and the Great Old Ones/Outer Gods.
>>
>>52476969
Persona 3?
>>
>>52476969
Persona 1 and 2 are just SMT games with different names.
Persona the series started with 3.
>>
>>52476981
Eh, Persona 3 had the Social Link/Dating Sim element, but it was much more downplayed. A lot more focus was put on the whole "Horrible monsters are coming to kill everyone, the world's going to end soon, and everyone has serious issues".
>>
>>52476921
Because Stands are cool, anon. And Personas are like Stands, but fancier.
>>
>>52473865
Wish I knew the series so I could understand what I'm looking at, but the jump looks good anon.

I know it's four hours late but I just got home, wanted to say it.
>>
>>52476100
When you get on and if you decide to add stuff before or when the next book comes out can you please add qulopti race, I love those annoying bastards.

Also a tech perk that allows you create giant space robots formed from lots of smaller space ships with the pilots mind linking to form a mega robot.

And a new perk for drop in that allows you to create a custom magical ability based on some examples like the mc does with elemental creatures.

Arcane caster could get a new capstone for creating things like the seeds where you combine magic and technology in such a way that it blurs the line between them like the body double avatars they make in setting using a combo of soul magic, maybe even give them the option to create their own magical programming language kinda like how the seeds are apparently one giant great spell from the future.

Lastly druids capstone can probably stay as a grove but add a 200 cp (400 undiscounted) upgrade to make it able to grow into a galactic grove with the size of a small galaxy if you stuff enough mana in there to cause a big bang.

These havent come up in the books yet but they do show up in the online version in more recent chapters. So its food for thought, I dont think anyone would mind a few extra things if you are ok putting them in?

One last thing, please add elemental races, even if they come with drawbacks like being unable to naturally cultivate their opposite elements they could really be cool, so far we have seen a stone elemental a shade and a wind elemental and have pretty good ideas for how the wind and shadow ones work so they seem to meet your criteria from above. I would also suggest making a note that baisho do not naturally age.

Thanks for the jump I hope you use some of my ideas!
>>
How do exalts gain new charms?
>>
>>52477035
Howdy Worm_Anon, how was your day today?
>>
>>52477047
Study and practice - years of it.
>>
>>52477047
They spend xp and time developing them.
It's not too difficult but it does take a while. Just testing out essence patterns and digging through echos encoded in your exaltation if you have them. Sometimes it's almost instinctual.
>>
>>52477047
You know that thing where guys practice a sword swing repeatedly for months or years and at the end can cut through solid steel?
Like that, only the exalt can cut through a ghost, or a mountain.
>>
>>52477047
What the fuck even ARE Charms?
>>
>>52477056
I hate physical labor. At least it lets me channel the rage of the drones into writing Cyberpunk stuff.
>>
>>52477122
>yfw I decide to go for the megacorp origin
>>
>>52477109
What about things like Transcendent Gaian Harmony? That method doesn't sound like it would allow you to learn charms like that one.
>>
>>52477121
Programs ingrained in the exaltation itself that allow the person the Exaltation is attached to do to bullshit things.
>>
>>52477121
Spirit energy powers, in a nutshell. Everything in Exalted is powered by what are basically bits of miracle energy, and Charms are specific phenomena inherent to supernatural beings that channel motes in a certain way.

Technically speaking, the least gods of grass and dirt have charms that designate what grass and dirt do but the game only stats up Charms relevant for the scale of interaction you're generally likely to encounter
>>
File: Whenisthis.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Whenisthis.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>52477122
>Justice requires ALL the cyberware
>Or at least knowledge of its creation
>>
>>52477156
>>52477169
THANK YOU. No seriously thank you. Just...

Sweet merciful christ I try to comprehend Exalted and asked that question in the general, got nothing but bullshit.
>>
>>52477213
Honestly this anon >>52477156 is closer than some might like to admit.
Programming in general makes a damn fine metaphor for...a lot of Exalted's weird shit actually.
>>
File: IHtWB.gif (2MB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
IHtWB.gif
2MB, 500x352px
>>52474744
If people waifu their pokemon why not an iceberg or ship, go for it.
>>
File: Harbor Princess.png (460KB, 672x502px) Image search: [Google]
Harbor Princess.png
460KB, 672x502px
>>52477280
>why not an iceberg or ship
>or a ship
You say that like waifuing a ship is weird.
>>
>>52477280
Nice, now the tragic story of JumpbergXShip can commence.
>>
>>52477304
I didn't. I daughterued my ship. I've got a treeship from Tenchi Muyo, so I've been taking care of her since she was just a wee little sprout. Still a complete daddy's girl even after all these years, even though she's now four hundred miles tall and capable of singlehandedly reshaping solar systems. Thank god I gave her Avatar of the Green in DC Occult, because without the ability to make remote avatar bodies her affection would likely result in a lot of collateral damage. Hugs from something that big just don't end well.
>>
File: #Team Iceship.jpg (61KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
#Team Iceship.jpg
61KB, 500x492px
>>52477320
Surely a tale of love to be remembered.
>>
For the They Take Notice drawback from JJBA, will the main heroes fight the end-game villains if there's good enough reason? Or will they never fight them at all?
>>
>>52477320
>>52477415
Combine it with Love Was When I Loved You, and it will be legitimately one of the best romances ever.

>>52477430
The main heroes still fight the villains, it's just that the main villains now want you dead as well. So, DIO in Part 3 would want you just as dead as he would the Stardust Crusaders.
>>
>>52477450
Ah, okay. I was thinking of taking it during Battle Tendency and was worried I'd butterfly everything past that point.
>>
>>52477477
Nah, you're good, all you have to deal with is the Pillar Men wanting your head on a platter.
>>
>>52477501
...Well, I'm a Hamon-using Joestar who apparently owns another perfect Aja stone. I'm pretty sure they'd already want it.
>>
>>52474131
So, is anyone else going to take "It's Been 84 Years" just so you can show up at Rose's interview and point out to her how she clearly made Jack up? Because he's clearly made up. Like, her story about him has him say he grew up by a lake (Lake Wissota) that was manmade and didn't exist until five years after the Titanic sunk. And he offers to take her for a ride on the rollercoaster at Santa Monica pier, which again didn't exist until five years after his death. Best case scenario is that Rose is an old lady and has forgotten a lot of details, conflating a bunch of historical facts from roughly around that period to fill in her dim memories of this nice guy she once met. Worst case scenario is that Jack never existed, he's just something she made up to have an interesting story. He does seem too good to be true in a lot of ways, after all.

Another thing she needs to be taken to task for: Villainizing First Officer Murdock. Her story would have you believe he's this craven coward who in the end kills himself out of shame for being an opportunist during a crisis. He wasn't. The man was a damn hero who did everything he could to save lives, maintaining calm and keeping an orderly procession to the life boats. He drowned doing his duty, staying on the ship to throw out deck chairs for people to float on. Fuck you, Rose, for portraying him like that.
>>
>>52477513
Yeah, it's basically free points depending on what era and background/perks/items you have.
>>
>>52477540
The optimal take that would be to prevent the disaster in the first place.
That way she couldn't even give the interview and it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>52477540
I'm just taking "It's Been 84 Years" so I can haunt the world as a magical iceberg for 84 years.

Forget Nazis, they're nothing compared to Jumpberg the Terrible!
>>
>>52477566
True, and it actually wouldn't take much to prevent the disaster even without jumper powers. I guess I'm kind of a bad person for prioritizing humiliating an old woman over saving lives. I should go reflect on these moral failings.
>>
>>52477540
Of course you could point out that when she dies in her sleep she's back with Jack and not her husband...poor guy
>>
Gulag Archipelago Jump when?
>>
>>52477725
I've always wondered how the afterlife deals with things like this.

Say a woman gets married twice. Is she gonna hang out in heaven with the first or the second guy? Does she pick? Does the man have a choice (I can definitely agree with a guy who doesn't want his ex-wife back up in heaven, well-wishing or not, after she remarried)?

The only time situations like this ever come up involve TWUE WOVES vs obligated marriages and cases of horrible horrible mind and actual rape (like in that one Fire Emblem) where no fucking shit the woman doesn't want to be with the second guy. Never a more neutral one.
>>
How can I raise my Dragonblood companions' breeding score? I want to get new companions for that jump but without CP they cannot buy the Legendary Breeding perk. I want us all to have "pure" blood for the purposes of future daughteru army building.
>>
>>52477840
Not sure if this covers time in Heaven or not, but according to the New Testament, upon Resurrection no one will marry or be married. Everyone will be like the angels. So if you believe in that, she'll hang out with both, but she wouldn't be married to either of them.
>>
>>52477889
I believe there's a charm to do it which is really hard and can't get you Legendary Breeding, only 5.
>>
>>52477889
The Purity Crucible Strike charm can raise breeding at the risk of death. Since companions respawn it's a painful but doable method.
Unfortunately it is limited to breeding 5, but that is still much better than nothing.
>>
>>52477909
Is that a Revelations line? Nobody but Evangelicals takes that seriously anymore. Regardless, the idea there is that everyone is completely sterile and sexless like the angels are, and mindlessly devoted to praising god 24/7. Which is what they did in John's description of heaven in the same book regardless.

So I meant in settings that have an afterlife patterned after the Christian pop cultural depiction of heaven, not the allegorical one in the Bible (which never gives a real description of what it should actually be like.)
>>
File: 2wguovn.jpg (16KB, 319x239px) Image search: [Google]
2wguovn.jpg
16KB, 319x239px
So how was your experience in the Suggsverse Jump?
>>
>>52477932
Haven't jumped it because I still have a scrap of dignity.
>>
>>52477840
>actual rape (like in that one Fire Emblem)

Waitwait back up, what are you talking about?
>>
>>52477927
Nope, it's from Matthew. Specifically, Matthew 22:30:

>At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

But if we're talking about the one patterned after the pop culture version...beats me, man.
>>
>>52477911
>>52477915
That will probably work, any child of two breeding 5 exalts should exalt without any issues though so that should be fine until I figure out how to grant Legendary Breeding with jumper bullshit.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>52477927
>>52477959
Ah, I should note that the context of this quote was that Jesus was asked a question similar to your original question, about who a woman would be wife to if she had multiple husbands.
>>
If moth is here. Do you think it would be a good idea to save J.D. and companion him? He seems like an interesting sort and I like interesting.
>>
>>52477953
Man, you don't even know.

In one of the earlier Fire Emblems? The main villain hears a prophecy saying that his children by this one woman would be the chosen evil ones, so he kidnaps her, kills her husband, mind rapes her into his devoted lover, then actually rapes her and impregnates her with two children, a boy and a girl.

Old villain eventually dies, and her child by her actual husband kills the rape son, but I don't remember what happens to the daughter.

Regardless, she dies too, and only in death is she freed from the mind rape. Main character sees his mother and father in heaven together.
>>
>>52473865
With the option to import a beast of some sort into the Humanform, is there by any chance a way we could get an appearance customization?

I'm sorry. I got a clusterfuck of bullshit now between a Symbiote, a Guardian Ghost, a Charyeok, and Kamen Rider nonsense. and I've put painstaking work into making it at least TASTEFUL. But... googling the Humanforms they're just so GOOFY.

If you don't want to / can't for whatever reason, honestly that's fine. Just wanting to make a voice heard.
>>
Is the MCU jump on the drive the most up to date version? I thought I remembered an update that came out a while ago that increased the amount of CP imported companions got to 300, but the one on the drive doesn't seem to have that.
>>
>>52473547
Technically it's nine planets worth, but your inner worlds can be infinite, with endless 1CD to fill them. Or any other creature that is born from you, like Clowns, Blood Demons or Demonspawn.
>>
So would you say charms effecting your Inner World be Essence 6+ by default?
>>
Is clover on?
>>
>>52477927
>Sexless angels just singing to god for eternity

Sounds boring as fuck. I don't think God would even want that. Why else would he create Man, if he wanted to be sang at for eternity he wouldn't have done anything beyond creating the Angels.

Besides why would Humans, who're God's greatest creation, become like his servants/slaves the Angels? That's why Lucifer rebelled, because he had to bow to Adam/Mankind, whom he thought were inferior because Man were younger.
>>
>>52477040
At work but I do kind of like those ideas and may implement most if not all of them.

Hi thread.
>>
>>52477040
>Lastly druids capstone can probably stay as a grove but add a 200 cp (400 undiscounted) upgrade to make it able to grow into a galactic grove with the size of a small galaxy if you stuff enough mana in there to cause a big bang.
I din't know about the other things you said and I don't know the setting very well, beyond what I've picked up in thread and on the jump, but this, this sounds awesome. Grove is already amazing, this upgrade would make it amazing-er.
>>52479288
Please Aionon ~puppy-eyes~
>>
>>52478788
I think that charms that directly upgrade other charms have to be at least the same essence as the charm that they are improving. So yes, which is problematic given the whole ruling against custom charms at essence 6+.
>>
>>52479413
Seems like that would be unbalanced with all the other capstones, unless they also get upgrades.
>>
>>52479425
What charms exist that effect Inner Worlds? Are there any to bring stuff in or out? The applications for this admittedly awesome thing do seem a bit limited if so. I mean, there's some cool stuff you can do but 'your soul is a world' is much less powerful.
>>
>>52479413
Grove is already pretty awesome as is. Since apparently it can get even bigger I will probably do the grove extender option as a 800 cp boost that makes an inner world of your choice double in size every decade until it maxes out at around 500 small "stars" (if used on grove, still mostly empty space void that you have to fill yourself just doubling up existing planetoid masses you have cultivated) or roughly the same size of a small galaxy max growth of whatever inner world you pick if you dont choose growth.

So like it would double the size of your chosen inner world once every jump or so with it taking longer the bigger it is to actually double up till it finally hits the mark of galaxy size.

Maybe call it No Brakes or something. I dont know it seems kinda OP but if its mainly just empty space floating in a void it may not be too bad, boosting the other capstones comparably is whats gonna be tough, arcane casters could easily get an anility to make their enchanted warp gates which let ships travel between systsms in much shorter times but that seems lackluster in comparison.

Tech could go with the giant robots option too since that is apparently a thing, big robots made from ships combining, the robot being more powerful with the more ships that link together. The qulopti are determined not to extinct themselves this time.

As for the custom ability I have to think about that one, mc makes elemental avatars, that seems like a pretty great ability on its own so maybe I will give that to drop in, the ability to form elemental construct bodies out of any element they cultivate, this would be really useful and powerful because having a body of plasma is pretty awesome.

>>52479426
Yeah like I said if I toss that in (which I think I may now, no decisions final yet) I will definately be adding stuff to the others and it will not be a cheap option.
>>
File: humanform cannon.png (354KB, 604x471px) Image search: [Google]
humanform cannon.png
354KB, 604x471px
>>52478240
Sure, why not.

I'll add that companion thing while I'm at it.

And- what, you don't want to look like a walking tripod?
>>
>>52479435
Plenty of custom charms exist, but nothing official. The Inner World in the jump is an amzing perk in part because it is the only way in chain to get in and out of your Inner World as well as forming it early and even get manse+ benefits from it.

The Spirit of the Inner World was presented along with the other Deviltiger charms in Broken Wing Crane, and unfortunately they left things at that, so the only charms that expand it's abilities are custom/homebrew, which is disallowed by the jump.
>>
>>52479503
Yeah, it's going to be reaaaally hard for you to make any other option close to as appealing as that Grove upgrade.
>>
>>52479503
That sounds amazing, thank you.

Sorry for making work for you though.
>>
>>52479503
>Makes an inner world of your choice
Let's...not do that. It might work ifit's just the grove but having it be any inner world is going to make this an OTB for sure.
>>
>>52477363
Sounds safer then Heavens moon throwing Bydo daughteru that squished him.
>>
>>52479527
Like I said I need to think on it, The setting has a few things but that may end up being a bit much. I think I can do it with a bit more time of looking through the setting some more and if I cant I wont add it, I will probably still add in a couple more races but there wont be many of those added.
>>
>>52479541
>>52479535
>>52479527
Also thanks for the feedback guys I do appreciate it, Balancing stuff while making it appealing is always hard to do.
>>
File: Xam'd Lost Memories.pdf (86KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Xam'd Lost Memories.pdf
86KB, 1x1px
>>52479517
Here.

-Added an appearance customization option to the Humanform table.
-Added a section for companions, including an import and canon companion option.
-Added an option to purchase an Angoru, micro-Humanform and a giant rock as companions.
-Corrected a few typos and buffed the Humanform Dropship item.

Any other requests while I'm at it?
>>
File: h_h_h_hegra_by_dongsdongs.png (106KB, 453x436px) Image search: [Google]
h_h_h_hegra_by_dongsdongs.png
106KB, 453x436px
>>52474098
Transcendent Gaian Harmony.

>>52474473
>Returning to the earlier discussion; what kind of effects could you manage with a Primordial and Truenaming Magic, from a D&D jump? Would that sort of thing, and its Ritual of Renaming, be enough to slip the Oaths?
>... though, I imagine the Power behind the Yozi would make it exceedingly difficult to Name them.
Possibly, yes? I honestly don't know how they'd interact.

>As an aside: the Trees of Metal perk, and Jade. Would it produce a green stone, or actual Jade?
Nope, it'd just produce Jadeite rock, sorry.

>I'd err on the side of 'it is', myself, but... well, you seem rather active this evening, so I thought I'd ask.
Ironically, I fell asleep just before this post.

>>52474493
Might work, yeah. Though they're sort of using it against themselves with the Oaths, so that loophole needs to be covered too.

>>52474516
>Is what is listed all they can do?
What is listed is what's shown in canon, or what I thought they might be able to do. Probably not all they can do.

>Do they gain abilities over time like increasing skill with their abilities with practice?
Yes, they gain more abilities with practise. John specifically is shown to develop a bunch more, like turning into the Breeze.

>Also since I took Maid of Time what effect does that have when fighting time controllers?
Well, since you're made of Time, they'd control you.

No, but seriously... I'm not sure. You'd basically be a time controller vs a time controller, and it'd come down to the specifics a lot.

>>52477144
That's based on Medicine. So presumably you'd learn it by studying how elemental essence flows through the body/blood.

>>52478788
Most probably, yes. Mainly considering they'd likely have to use Spirit of the Living World as a prerequisite.

Though you might be able to finagle something with a charm that does something on its own, and then upgrades to do that with the Inner World.
>>
>>52479526
>custom/homebrew, which is disallowed by the jump

Meh.

Given that the jump itself includes a lot of homebrew and perks that would otherwise *be* E6+ charms, it's not much of a ruling - just your typical "not in MY campaign"-style overreach with a dash of "you ROLLplayers have no RESPECT" and "it's not unbalanced when the jumpmaker does it".

And, if it really comes down to countering a petty ruling with a petty bypass - Hero BBS is a perfectly viable solution.
>>
>>52479615
Aside from the blank page on p3, looks solid.
>>
>>52479526
>The Spirit of the Inner World was presented along with the other Deviltiger charms in Broken Wing Crane, and unfortunately they left things at that, so the only charms that expand it's abilities are custom/homebrew, which is disallowed by the jump.
Spirit of the Living World even practically tells you to create custom charms to upgrade and make it awesome.
>>
>>52479675
I respect your opinion but do not agree.
>>
>>52479705
Yeah, that seems to be the idea behind Broken Wing Crane, to give a great idea, Devil-tigers, and then leave players and their imaginations to build upon the foundation a la the charms like Spirit of the Living World.

Unfotunately relatively few people are able to actually do so. As amazing as Devil-tigers are, the number of properly fleshed-out ones that have been made are at most two to three dozen.
>>
>>52476172
you can even have multiple half dragon templates. Be as many colors, metal, gems, and other dragon themes as you can afford. All dragon all the time.
>>
File: Xam'd Lost Memories.pdf (86KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Xam'd Lost Memories.pdf
86KB, 1x1px
>>52479682
>blank page
MotherFUCKER.
>>
>>52479752
>Removing a blank page
What is the rampant nerfing?
>>
>>52479720
Here are a list of Devil-Tigers I have charmsets for. If your interested I can supply them. Please note that I originally complied these for my own use and so have not recorded where I got them or who made them, sorry. Also note that some are ambiguous as to whether they are for Devil-Tiger or unnamed Primordials/Yozi:
Just for clarity, I have made none of these.
Achsam
AmyChalot
Arsalan
Asakos
BaalShazash
BogMod
BronzeHawk
Crow
Cyprian
Danizelle
Elixia
Engishena
Eridu
Genzhasphyr
Haolan
Hemera
Ikanii
Ishta
Jobaash
Karis
Ksathra
Lang Mal
Lirima
Madhuvanthi
Mirage
Morstal
Niet
Ophelia
Perkunos
Takuma
Tartaroth
Telum
Tempesta
Vel
Vermillion
Vivere
Vox Praetoria
White Rabbit
Xanichi
Xentair
Yladri
ZaenomonInuupis
Zenalis
Zuratha

Please note that some of these are very barebones
>>
>>52476432
The anime is canon. For the anime.
The old FMA is canon. For the old FMA anime.
Cursed Child is c, c, c, ca. I'm sorry I must not tell a lie.(Sadly it actually is canon according to JK I'll say anything is canon for another paycheck Rowling).
>>
>>52479779
Urgh, Cursed Child was terrible. Not because it was a screenplay, but the story itself. Just terrible.

It read like bad fanfiction crossed with the worst elements of Doctor Who at it's worst.

"Oh, it a 'fixed point in time', blah, blah."
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.