[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian Cosmic Horror Worldbuilding Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

So last thread was a well full of great ideas for how to build up such a setting, but what would be the backstory behind such an Apocalypse? It's trigger if you will. How would lore be presented to those trying to survive through the destruction of the World?
>>
Lore found in an unholy bible which chronicles the eldritch overlords rise to power. It could be found in the possession of the cosmic horrors human worshippers.
>>
The apocalypse came about due to the decline in worship towards benevolent gods. The need for miracles died out with the social and technological advancement of mankind, leading to the old gods becoming nothing more than archaic myths in common regard. The lack of worship towards the gods lead to their decline in power, allowing the horrors influence to spread into the hearts and minds of man.
The horror could be used as a metaphor for the bleak reality that we face when the pretence of our hopes and beliefs are stripped away.
>>
Yay, second thread. Though it would be better if you would include link to previous one.
Also, will post my previous text here too. Isnt much connected to horror or may not soun appropriate but still:
Autism a day keeps sanity away:
So, I've been imagining a scenario after apocalypse, where material world ended and Humans finally Ascended , took their rightful place as images of God almighty himself. And since one of the aspects of Godhood is creation and creativity, every Human created his own plain of existence according to their condition of souls. But then, certain Ascended ones decided to recreate mortal world and incorporate every imagination human history had within that world: from novels to games, from simple thoughts to series, every world human mind has created before ascension would be gathered in this single realm. While large portion of Ascended remain neutral, certain group thought that this would be an abomination, recreation of mortal world. Yet, first group created this world, and became known as Genitores (latin:ancestors, creators I'm sure its butchered). While world was formed, Second group grow disgust and hatred towards new world, and with them, their plains of existence changed with them. Finally, full of pride and wrath, they waged war against Genitors in order to destroy new world. Of course, since Ascended are immortal, no one could win this war at the end, yet rift happened. Those, who waged wars against them became Adversarii (latin: Enemies). And since then, Ascended are waging eternal war over New world.
I know, its HFY with Aedric and Daedric roles are taken over by humans, but still, just wanted to share it...
>>
File: apophis[1].jpg (67KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
apophis[1].jpg
67KB, 400x317px
>>52453894
>>52454146

These are great ideas. Probably also made it easier for Asmodeus, and his fellow Sins to manifest in reality. Likely also resulted in other horrors from various other religions to start appearing throughout the world.
>>
>>52454829
Also bumping with some demon and eldritch horror images.
>>
>>52456677
>>
File: Arkham-Horror-13[1].jpg (43KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Arkham-Horror-13[1].jpg
43KB, 600x300px
>>52457334
>>
File: Sloth[1].jpg (113KB, 960x676px) Image search: [Google]
Sloth[1].jpg
113KB, 960x676px
>>52457468
Corruption can be found everywhere in the New World. Especially within those who embrace Sin.
>>
>>52453732
Bumping your thread, with another pic of asmoday. Previous thread led to interesting conversations.
Though im somewhat sceptical to christian cosmic horror. It would be hard to place those cosmic entities in christian tradition. Perhaps the would be something like the leviathans from supernatural, i dont know...
>>
>>52460432
I still find it strange how Asmodeus is the pure embodiment of Lust, and yet it is so unfathomably hideous. It's kinda weird.
>>
>>52460464
Personally, i dont think about him as demon of lust tbqh. It's functions were thwarted much later. hes actually wrath-demon (that is what his name actually means), from ancient persian Aeshma-Daeva. I think being a wrath demon is more badass, than demon of lust, cuckoldry and brothels
>>
>>52456677
That's pretty cool, is that from some story or just a random painting?
>>
>>52460464
Depends. It is said, that he was one of the highest member of the order of thrones. He is described as handsome and elegant with proper manners. Then again, what >>52460555 this guy said.
>>
>>52462964
>>52463006
>>52463018
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.