[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/- Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 46

File: IMG_1615.jpg (663KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1615.jpg
663KB, 1200x1800px
degenerate furfag edition

we'll escape this cancer in our plastic thunderhawks sub-edition

>Double, double, bitter and autism trouble;
Flaemwars burn and blood pressure bubble.
With plastic of an infini-hawk,
In the dedthread argue and gawk;
Eye of Horus and head of Ferrus,
Omnissiah's not real and scanon preserve us!
Previous Thread: https://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/52381440#bottom

>READ, BY THE SCANANON, READ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The+Horus+Heresy+2+-+Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
https://discord.gg/HuC8CGT
>>
First for Imperator Titan model when?
>>
>>52393923
I know i wanna buy a £10k model I'll never use
>>
>>52393943
Huh, that would actually be a pretty good £-to-points ratio.
>>
>>52393943
At least they can made it in titanicus.
>>
Loyalist Thousand Sons.
Too snowflakey or doable?
At least it'd save me from the worst accusations of cheesemongery without Magnus and Ahriman...
>>
>>52394081
Playing a loyal Legion as loyal isn't snowflakey.
>>
>>52394081
None of the tson stuff is alignment specific.
>>
>>52394110
Loyalist Word Bearers.
Too impossible or too possible?
As least it'd save me from the worst accusations of douchebaggery without Erebrus, Kor Partheon or Lorgar....
>>
So what are the actual stats on a Thunderhawk? Mechanicum player here, so I don't have access to whatever book it's in. Can you shoot it up with Krakens and Haywire, or does it have Void Shields or that Titan immunity thing?

>>52394081

Ksons characters aren't restricted by alignment, so you can have a Loyal Magnus. Does that mean you can have Magnus vs Magnus?
>>
>>52394134
I think Word Bearers have rule where they can't be loyal.
>>
Eleventh for how viable is it to deep strike 20-man squads?
>>
File: t-hawk.png (2MB, 802x1106px) Image search: [Google]
t-hawk.png
2MB, 802x1106px
>>52394155
It's nothing to particularly worry about as it's overcosted like woah.
>>
>>52394234
And I thought the Stormbird lacked punch. That's two Stormravens rolled together with slightly more punch for the cost of FOUR and a LoW. Man, that's depressing for the guy looting all the Superheavy Flyers for Mechanicum.

For only 65 points more than a fully upgraded one, you can get the slightly less crappy but still only decent Stormbird, which is two Baneblades rather than two Stormravens.
>>
>>52394081
Well technically the TS were all loyal untill after the battle on Prospero. And then they had no choice.
>>
File: wb.png (115KB, 841x97px) Image search: [Google]
wb.png
115KB, 841x97px
>>52394134
Too impossible
>>
>>52394234
>armoured cockpit option
>on a superheavy
Oh forgeworld. You so silly.
>>
>>52394155
It makes sense given he was broken apart into individual shards of personality.
>>
>>52394389
Book and page? totally skipped that bit
>>
>>52394389
Seppuku Bronon.
>>
>>52394389
I guess you could argue that if you're using the generic legion rules you're not "using the rules presented here". Pretty rules-lawyer-y though.
>>
>>52394389
Why couldn't they simply post this under the LA rules and said "the rules below this section..."
>>
File: 1338251762287.jpg (22KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1338251762287.jpg
22KB, 360x240px
>>52394155
>>52394234
Yep, it's pretty shit you end up paying for what might as well be a flying shadowsword with transport capacity that gains none of the real benefits of being a flyer besides movement rate, and shittier armor. For almost twice the price.

>yfw 3 vultarax cost half that and can intercept it with a cyber-occularis present nearby and stand a decent chance of destroying it outright
>>
Brexit Titans anyone?
>>
>>52394778
Children of Silonius when?
>>
>>52394081
>implying Magnus was wrong
Just have it as the blood Ravens
And run the combined shard of Magnus as Ahriman
>>
>>52394821
When he impregnate women.
>>
>>52394822
>implying magnus wasn't wrong
>>
>>52394134
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Barthusa_Narek
>>
>>52394613

Well, you'd have to roll literally no ones on a 2+ that must be rerolled, but you'd certainly punish it and if there was something like a Droplite squad to chip in it'd be totally screwed.
>>
>>52394899
>he escaped to the surface of Prometheus

You ever wonder how that one Sallie successor chapter got all mutated?...
>>
File: wb2.png (2MB, 849x1198px) Image search: [Google]
wb2.png
2MB, 849x1198px
>>52394443
>>52394448
>>52394491
>>52394568

Page 92 Age of Darkness Legions
>>
>>52394822
>magnus please dont do the thing
I, THE GREAT AND ALL KNOWING MAGNUS, WILL NOW DO THE THING MY BELOVED FATHER EXPLICITLY TOLD ME NOT TO DO
>>
>>52395138
Is Cato Sicarius a shard of Magnus?
>>
File: Sentirax.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Sentirax.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
I want some evil Vulturax, and that pic some anon posted a few threads ago got me thinking. Pic related is about the right size in that position, and the tentacles coil up about right for easy basing. Add some Kataphron Heavy Arc rifles and a couple Havoc Launchers, would he make a passable DarkMech vulturax for my Genetors? Obviously would need to be resprayed and painted up again.
>>
>>52395183
subjective as fug, as long as it is the same size no one can argue what it might be, its a robo flyers and there's only one kind of those (yet)

but yea should work, IMO the vultarax is cuter with its big one eye.
>>
>>52394822
>Just have it as the blood Ravens
Surprised I haven't seen any talk about the reference to them in Inferno.

Though to be honest even I didn't notice it, and had to have another guy tell me while I was at the store painting over the weekend.
>>
File: Don't do Nurgle.jpg (171KB, 1018x592px) Image search: [Google]
Don't do Nurgle.jpg
171KB, 1018x592px
>>52395232
>>52395183
I don't see any problem with the idea either. At worst you might get jokes about them looking like the bots from The Matrix.
>>
>>52395582
I wonder why...
(Because they are the bots from the Matrix)
>>
>>52394168
The Word Bearer who was part of the Crusader Host could probably be considered a loyalist, since he was on Terra for the 50 years leading up to the Heresy. And also on Terra.

According to the wiki his 'brothers' came to Terra and convinced Dorn to release him to their custody, and then they promptly sacrificed him to daemons.
>>
>>52395232
>>52395582

Shiny. Just wanted to make sure the idea didn't sound completely idiotic. They're meant to be small versions of the Xanatite Fleet from HH6, since my Explorator Fleet was largely supplied from there before they fucked off to get their biopunk on. Don't mind them looking Matrixy, just don't want them to clash massively with the rest of the army. They look a bit like larger, armed and armoured versions of my Cyber-Occularis, which helps.
>>
Plastic scans of Children of Succession, Binary of the Father and Sins of Sicarius when?

You dropped this in the archive, pick it up.
>SINS OF THE FATHER
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
>>52395545
Wait, they're mentioned?
>>
>>52395986

Why is it called Brexit with titans
>>
File: 20170327_204323.jpg (265KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_204323.jpg
265KB, 735x980px
Mentlegen
>>
>>52396240
He looks dissapoint
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
Finished up 4 Terminators this weekend.

I went for the stereotypical rad-soaked, muddy trench bases. I might buy some chain and try make some mini barbed wire.
>>
File: image.jpg (334KB, 3020x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334KB, 3020x733px
Obligatory "what are you working on" post.

Currently waiting for priming weather and working on some test models, pic is current number of bodies available for the XIX

the cast of corax is awful and is getting more work done, was simply base coated for an event
>>
>>52396316
Why does the heavy flamer dude have a backpack on his chest?
>>
File: oh yeah!.gif (352KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah!.gif
352KB, 500x376px
Other than Spell Crow, what place makes chainmail tabards? Also, segmented plate tabards would be nice?
>>
>>52395183

My intent was to do exactly that, trail tentacles behind the Vultarax model. But the model doesn't quite take to it. You'd be shearing off the cortex core bits in the back to establish enough space to drill sockets for tubing, and even then it would make the model unbalanced because it's on a circular base and the hole for the stand is center-aligned.
>>
>>52396077

Because its ironic. It deals with the mechanicum giving up its sovereignty to join the imperium and become the adeptus mechanicus.
>>
>>52396059
Apparently one of the unaccounted for Chapters of the Thousand Sons has a name that's an unsubtle reference to the Blood Ravens. I haven't re-read that part of the book yet and honestly was more interested in the Custodes and SoS rather than Magnus and his boys.
>>
>>52396564
Corvidae Sanguine or something like that? Kek, I don't care about names anymore
>>
Any tips on weakening the bonds of super glue? I've had my minatures soaking in Super Clean for about 48 hours now and am about to finish stripping them.

After they dry, is freezing the miniatures a viable option for helping to separate the models?

I have Prosper MKIII models, I'm aiming to seperate the torso into 2 parts and get the legs off the base without damaging them.
>>
>>52395582

And hilariously enough the vultarax is miles better than a plague drone in rules and model
>>
>>52395986
You wouldn't happen to have Virtues of the Sons, would you?
>>
>>52396511
Bad luck. Mine would be an upgraded variant of the Sentinel, not based on the Vulturax kit at all, but I'll have to watch out for that. Biggest problem is likely to be slicing through the tentacles to fit the stand in there.

>>52396708

Well, they're not quite as expendable, but noone can say the Mechanicum didn't have the better toys than anyone sans the Custodes, and even there the golden boys were limited to infantry and smaller vehicles.
>>
>>52396408
I wanted some heavy duty breathing apparatus on their chests, because Tartarus armours is so bare and sleek and un-Death Guard.

Problem is I hated the look, but I'd already ruined the chest plate. So he got stuck with it. Same with the dude with mk 3 helmet. I couldn't pull it out after I'd stuck it in there.

Let's just say I learnt some valuable lessons about converting with this unit.
>>
>>52396708
>better than a plague drone in model

Eh... The design would fit a small drone swarm better than a hulking big monster. The engines are way too small looking for such a big frame and would look much better if mounted higher, where the havoc launchers are, rather than down there. The point of balance if off and it's way too top heavy.
>>
>>52394081
Look buddy, I know what you're thinking..

Guard trying to help them find a new home
>>
File: heresyball.png (61KB, 640x1188px) Image search: [Google]
heresyball.png
61KB, 640x1188px
>>52393708
>>
>>52396821
>I learnt some valuable lessons about converting with this unit.
>tfw when you got boxes of old, hideous conversions you from time to time find a now purpose for, take apart and repurpose for something else.

It's one place where my 30k DG got some of their stuff, since looking worn and heretical are both ok for them.
>>
>>52396869
Now what the hells going on here?
>>
>>52396973
Something something, Pansy Emperor's Children, something something, (((B E C O M E C H A O S)))
>>
Got the recast Galatus I ordered today, all scrubbed off and drying now. Don't plan to get around to him any time soon as I still need to finish painting my first 5 Custodes.

I have the black almost done on them and just need to go over a few bits of it with Eshin Grey, before moving on to their gems, gloves, tassels, and plumes.
>>
>>52397125

Look forward to the inevitable shitty pics.
>>
>>52397174
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>52397174
Don't hate, I'm still going to drop 250 pounds on FW for the books, Achillus, and something else.

More importantly, it's a good recast.
>>
Best loadout for a Macrocarid? Stay cheap as a regular Proteus, or splash for Engines, Imploder, Flare/Ceramite and the Web, or anything in between? I kind of want an Archimandrite/Mymidon party bus.
>>
Following all the podcasts' Adepticon stuff was fun, like JP's (Age of Darkness) militia list vs. Freddie's (Varangian Heresy) EC armored breakthrough - they put a 3-part video up on Facebook on the latter's site.

The competitive track was apparently a Custodes rampage. Based on the event, SW and TS may not be so bad, even with primarchs. To be fair though, you can choose to play those legions without being too harsh. Custodes apparently can't be turned off, at least not with the minis that are out. Mark (Age of Darkness podcast) won with a Custodes list that he said was not at all optimized, just based on whatever models he could get in time. Reminds me of the most recent Eldar codex.
>>
>>52397312
recast or no, a shit job is a shit job.
>>
>>52396642
>is freezing the miniatures a viable option
Yes. Also try twisting rather than pulling.

>>52394234
It's a little depressing. It's a little depressing. The Stormbird, too. For some reason bikes are extremely bulky in the Stormbird (only very bulky normally) so the Thunderhawk and Stormbird can both carry 10 bikes. That isn't enough to justify running one in a White Scars list. I would've loved to make an aerial assault list that still had ground bikes - basically lots of jetbikes, Javelins, support squads in a Storm Eagle or two, and outrider bikes in a THawk/Stormbird.
>>
>>52396642
90/95% ethanol fucks up superglue hard, it becomes brittle and detaches very nicely. Also good for stripping paint and I've left plastic models in it for months without an issue. Haven't tried it with resin yet however.
>>
>>52397431
>try twisting rather than pulling.

This. I've found that that superglue is rather hard and brittle, and doesn't take torsion very well. If the piece can be twisted or wiggled, it'll break the glue quite easily.
>>
>>52397317
An outflanking Macrocarid with four dakkamancers in it would be quite a surprise for the enemy, but funs aside it's two choices, both of them depending on what your Myrmidons are wielding:
Either you supplement their firepower or you complement it. Like how nothing really can survive the combo of Imploders and Irrad engines, but maybe you'd simply want to add some more long ranged firepower to your photon cannon lads
>>
>>52397551
On balance, my list needs a big smashy thing to charge up the middle while the Levy Blobs get somewhere useful. Is it worth buying the Web just to Scout 12", move 6" and get a decent irradiate in Turn 1?
>>
>>52397321
I imagine most people hadn't built many counters in for them yet, since they have the advantage, like Mechanicum, SA and MaC, of not being "Slightly different marines." On balance, though, that's still a tad worrying, since you'd have thought optimized lists would at least stand a chance of handling Custodes lists of "Whatever we have at the moment".
>>
>>52397431

Only the stormbird has that extremely bulky bikes/jet bikes caveat, the thunderhawk can still carry 10 for some reason.
>>
>>52397611
Sounds like a devious thing to do that will cause damage and become a tough and killy fire magnet that will allow the rest of your army to operate unhindered. Could be interesting
>>
>>52397751
Sounds like the C17 vs C5 hilarity in the airforce. C17 has more compact and numerous lockdown rails for loads so it can space things tighter
>>
>>52396316
Looks good, but I'm unsure of the bright blood on a muted earth tone model. Green and red just don't look good together.
>>
File: Custodes-Grav-Tank.jpg (96KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Custodes-Grav-Tank.jpg
96KB, 1280x960px
>>52397661
It's not too surprising. We've talked about the shield captain and his 3+ invulnerable save. Valdor provides relatively inexpensive deep strike, and they mess with everybody else's deep strike. They somewhat mitigate pie plates with their sodality rule (longer unit coherency range), and their tanks don't really have any weaknesses. They aren't even all that expensive in points the way their infantry are.

Not letting them deep strike may have been necessary to balance them.

At least they look good. Props to whoever painted this one.
>>
>>52397929
That is nice. The more muted gold along with the black works better IMO.
>>
>>52397929
It's the small things with custodes that piss me off. Why does the shield captain get an objectively better version of a paragon blade for 10 points cheaper than the much weaker praetor? The Praesidium shields are also bullshit. A leviathan dreadnought should never be hitting line infantry on 5s.

Hopefully the red book fixes these issues.
>>
>>52398119

Because Custodes are objectively better than Astartes. Get rekt.
>>
>>52398119
>why do praetors get objectively better gear than force commanders when they're already stronger
Oh little nephew.
>>
File: 1338579376870.jpg (25KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1338579376870.jpg
25KB, 311x311px
>>52398119
>>
>>52398119
>>52398168
Yeah, it's a lot of wargear that does too good a job of negating their weaknesses.

As for the cheaper, better paragon blade, that might be an Inferno thing. Upgrade costs in general are cheaper in that book, most notably for the Grey Slayers. I assume that'll become standard. I don't like the change - a power weapon SHOULD cost as much as the tactical marine taking one, it makes that big a difference in combat.
>>
>>52398240
>As for the cheaper, better paragon blade, that might be an Inferno thing.
Oooooor it might be because a praetor is swapping a chainsword while a Shield Captain is swapping a guardian spear.
>>
>>52398240
We are talking specific factions that don't have access to other cheap units like other factions and don't have many inexpensive choices. Also it's fluffy for SW and Custodians to have access to cheaper gear sicne it's the height of their strength and both have a history of unique weapons.
>>
>>52397836
That's the idea, and given I'm up against a whole bunch of melee I kind of want to have one unit that's hard as nails up in their face, since they won't just down it instantly like a shooty army.

>>52397929

Personally I think they look tacky and overdone as fuck to the point you can hardly distinguish the 280pt HQ from a regular Sentinel, since all they can do is GOLD GOLD GOLD GEMS and the occasional panel and cloak, but I can see how people would like them. Tanks are cool, though.

Mostly I think it's because they render anything nor at least S5 AP2 pretty much useless unless it comes in Radpeltast or Fisting of the Legion from a tac blob, and any of the medium anti-tank weapons like autocannon or missiles have literally no job aside from scraping away at the paint on their tanks. It's like a Knight list, but somehow immeasurably worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (279KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279KB, 1000x1000px
That doesn't look like a bolt weapon up front.
>>
>>52398575
I think that's the Adrathic Uselessinator Cannon, the one everyone will ignore for the mega-lascannon.
>>
>>52398575
same beam desintegrator type weapon as the Sagittarum Guard, just scaled up for a heavy Jetbike.
>>
>>52398575
Still looks like some kind of joke compared to the artwork from Visions
>>
>>52397321
>>52397661
Considering every army list I see people posting for Custodes involves 3-4 vehicles and and like 2 of each type of Dreadnought, I'm wondering what people consider "whatever we have on hand" to be for a Custodes army.

I still have a lot of models to build and paint before I care about tabletop rules though. For once I'm building an army to look nice, rather than rushing it to the table so I can play it.
>>
>>52398594

Are you high? The death cannon is 20 points cheaper and more reliable against most targets.

It even rolls about the same average AP roll because Armourbane.

Sure if you roll a 3 on the D3 the Lascannon is better, but if you roll a 1 it's worse.
>>
>>52398144
At least marines can stop harlequins.
>>
>>52398704
>implying beast arises is canon
>>
>>52398667
True, I think the lascannon will get better the more dudes are in the squad, since it has excellent range and gets comparatively cheaper because FW cannot into sensible rules.

>>52398660
I think the standard is "Captain, two or three Spear squads, a shooty tonk, maybe a Dread or two" but the problem is unless you're running at 3k+ then the Custodes have basically no taxes at all because everything they have to take is amazing, whereas Mech and Legions have to blow a bunch of points on Tacs or Taxxlax before they can get toys, so they have a ~200 point advantage since troop choices can't do shit to them unless they're Castellax.
>>
>>52398767
>not loving tacticals and wishing you could take more than 120 of them
>>
>>52398741
They referenced it in gathering storm.

:^)
>>
So with Inferno my old TS list is irrelevant and I am quite excited! But now I am stuck. Do I make my Praetor a termy or just regular power armour. Because now I kinda want to stick him in power armour and into my unit of Breachers.
>>
>>52398790
I can't take Tactical Marines anyway, I play Ordo Reductor. And I do love them, they melt very prettily, but they don't have enough gun for killing Custodes even remotely well.
>>
>>52398866
neither, you take Ahriman or Magnus.
>>
>>52398910
>auto-taking special characters
Please, we aren't World Eaters.
>>
>>52398946
no we're worse
>>
>>52398910
I never take named characters.
>>
>>52398660
Are you talking about lists that people have said they're going to run (eventually), or actual fully-painted armies? Most people who wanted a Custodes army were buying up BoP squads before the FW Weekender, and then they a month and a half to buy and paint the Coronus Grav-Carrier and a few weeks for the smaller tank and one of the dreads. Which, yeah, is pretty good. Depends on your painting speed I guess.

>>52398866
I'd go with a power armor - gets some psychic powers into a non-psychic squad (Sekhmets can take care of themselves).

I kind of picture TS Breachers as using shields that are only an empty frame, with the middle filled in with magic. On the table, that means dipping that empty frame into bubble solution for a shimmering effect.
>>
>>52398946
>>52398910
Besides

You should take ahriman or Magnus, not both together. While you want to double up on ic, if you take them together, it's too much of a pointsink and ahriman loses out on his warlord trait.

Take Amon if playing Magnus and take other generic cheap ic if taking ahriman
>>
>>52398990
In to the Breacher squad he goes!
Also that is a cool idea and I hope someone does that. As for me I just love the breacher shields FW uses a fuck ton. So no magic shelds for me.
>>
>>52399033
hence why I said 'Ahriman OR Magnus' retard.
>>
>>52399057
What discipline is your dude rolling on?
>>
File: 1482447729436.jpg (119KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1482447729436.jpg
119KB, 888x693px
Current status of Primarchs as of the latest novels:

>Lion El'Jonson: On Ultramar guarding Curze
>Fulgrim: Running around the warp as a snake monster like an absolute madman
>Jaghatai Khan: on Terra
>Leman Russ: Unconscious at Yarant
>Perturabo: Retreating from Tallarn
>Rogal Dorn: Sol System (where else)
>Konrad Curze: Paralyzed and a prisoner in Ultramar (interesting to see how he gets out of this...)
>Sanguinius: Ultramar
>Ferrus Manus: Quit while he was a head
>Angron: Daemon monster chained inside his own flagship being towed around by Lorgar
>Guilliman: Ultramar
>Mortarion: With Horus
>Magnus: Planet of the Sorcerers brooding
>Horus: Leaving Molech towards Terra
>Lorgar: Somewhere near Ultramar doing Chaos shit
>Vulkan: Nocturne (Recent resurrected)
>Corax: Fucking around in Guerrilla warfare raids in Segmentum Solar
>Alpharius Omegon: Alpharius confirmed dead, Omegon taking on his identity and is lord knows where

How long till BL manages to reset them to where they're supposed to be by Terra?
>>
>>52399081
Haven't decided yet. So many things I want or can do! It's all quite exciting. All I do know is.
Breachers
Fire Raptor
Dudes with Auto cannons unit.
I must include my favourite models!!
>>
>>52398790
160, you forgot veteran tacticals who are actually good
>>
>>52398866
Power armor, he loses nothing and if you're taking Guard of the Crimson King he can still deepstrike
>>
>>52398954
>>52399083
>>52399113

New Mechanicus terrain kits are on preorder soon. Oh, I am SO stealing one or two of each of those to make the Filiketos, it's got almost everything I need several times over. Big tanks to make into turbines, walkways, domes, Cogs Mechanicus by the dozen, fifty thousand other things. AWESOME.
>>
>>52399201
190, dont forget about Seekers.
>>
>>52399138
*Still* calling the death of Alpharius an utterly retarded attempt to give Dorn some cred. Then again, what am I expecting at this point...
>>
>>52399223
193, since you can take a centurion with nothing but a bolter.
>>
>>52399244
HB HS squads are basically tacticals with EVEN BOLTIER BOLTERS

233?
>>
>>52399223
Well if we're going that far, 210 with heavy weapons and then you can cram in another 18 from praetors with command crews 228 bodies is a lot of bodies.
>>
>>52399222
>tall, pointy towers
>round domes

A certain techpriest needs to get rid of some useless flesh, it's distracting him.
>>
Thinking about a small conversion.
Will the Decimator Butcher Cannon fit onto a FW Contemptor? They seem like similar enough joints.
>>
>>52399295
And Dorn as your LoW, with his own command squad.
So that's 233 bolter marines and a bolter primarch.
>>
>>52399314
Hah. Yeah, I can see that now. Anyway, they're basically the dream bitzbox for ALL my insane projects, it's made the planning so much easier. They even have pipe connection bits I can use for turret blisters where needed, and with 17 turrets, two main guns, a fuckheug missile bay and three cannon arrays I need those./
>>
>>52399138
>Mortarion: With Horus
He was last seen with Eidolon after the White Scars escaped. The Emperor's Children had some sort of daemon-thing that could locate people, and Mortarion said something to the effect of, "Tell me where Calas Typhon is."
>>
>>52399365
I'm building a zone mortalis board that is supposed to be the interior of a chemical plant, my wallet has run off to hide because I NEED these kits for flavor bits (still using PVC for most of the plumbing though)
>>
So wtf is up with the new Custard jetbikes? Do they have 2 weapons or not? is the special weapon option an upgrade or replacement?
>>
Shower thought: would heavy bolters be drastically improved as a choice with true rending and salvo 2/3?
>>
>>52396642
Nitromethane disolves superglue without fucking up plastic, unsure about resin tho.

But good luck getting your hands on it now without being a RC-plane enthusiast, they're like the only ones who are allowed to buy it in the EU now, as it got extreamely regulated. (You can make C4 out of it).
>>
>>52395707
you litterally cant use the word bearers rules in a loyalist force, it says so in their entry
>>
>>52399457
Someone asked Alan Bligh and he said that the upgrade replaces the bike's weapon. The special rule that allows them to split fire is "for futureproofing". Yeah, it's a bit weird.
>>
>>52399242
>expecting anything better from BL

top kek

>>52399457
We still don't know for sure. We're hoping FW will soon grace us with a FAQ that fixes a few often asked questions (including those not cleared up with the previous FAQ)
>>
>>52398119
lmao custodes are shit outside the shield captain

kill yourself
>>
>>52399138
Wait, Alpharius is dead already? How? And in what book?
>>
If you feel like your Legion is shit, what will you choose?

1. Invest more money to buy more unit and make it viable.
2. Give up on it and start collecting new Legion.
>>
>>52399659
3. Strip and repaint, luckily this wouldn't happen as [My Legion] is far superior to [Your Legion].
>>
>>52399692
What if you bought bunch of Legion specific units?
>>
>>52399444
Yeah, I was doing some sketches of the Manta earlier today and I wanted to run some Promethium pipes along the deck and have them plug into the turbines and such, and also get some varied girders, deckplates, walkways and Admech icons. These come with literally all of that and more, it'll even look way more cohesive. I'm happy as hell. If I could find a base model I could finish the Filiketos Mk1 with like two of those. I mean, money, but I had cash saved for this anyway.
>>
>>52399383
I knew Typhon was acting independently but I assumed it was on his Primarch's orders?
>>
>>52399709
Such as?
>>
>>52399593
Praetorian of Dorn. Good book up to that point, when it suddenly becomes rushed and seemingly pointless.

>>52399659
Build up an allied force that might become your primary army. Don't sell the old one; rules and power levels change every few years.
>>
>>52399593
Praetorian of Dorn.

His death could be a huge set up for a 'Just as planned' storyline of mindblowing proportions .... but this is BL we're talking about
>>
>>52399785
>but this is BL we're talking about
This being the same line of books that made Vulkan immortal, killed him with an immortal-proof macguffin, then brought him back anyway.
There's no way Alphy is staying dead.
>>
>>52399814
>There's no way Alphy is staying dead.

He's staying dead, Im like 99% sure French did this to "retcon" Abnett's idea of Alpharius Omegon being two primarchs.
>>
>>52399843
>meanwhile, BL management is still trying to convince us that everyone is working toward the same plot and it's all under control
>>
Basically, the Alpha Legion should always at any point in the timeline be considered to have 1d3 Primarchs.
>>
>>52399814
>>52399843
There are two aspects to it. First, people wanted something big to happen. The Imperium Secundus books weren't that great imo, but the primarch vs. primarch fights were very popular. And there were complaints that none of them were decisive - but of course they couldn't be, because we know the ultimate fate of all involved and it didn't involve any primarch dying there. With the Alpha Legion twins, there was an extra primarch ripe for killing off in a duel.

Second, it does add interest to the Alpha Legion's story. For years, their appearances in BL novels has focused on their secret civil war and it was time to move on from that. (Yes, I'm talking about the Alpha Legionnaire disguised as an Iron Hand disguised as an Alpha Legionnaire trying to con Iron Hands into helping him kill Alpha Legionnaires.) Now we have a more straightforward story of a legion led by a secret loyalist who's stuck having to play a traitor role. What will he do? Is this why the Alpha Legion isn't known to have been at the Siege of Terra? He presumably will remain stuck, given that the Alpha Legion remained a traitor legion through M41.

Anyway, I'm not saying I liked what happened. It was very rushed and felt wasteful. But it does open up possibilities.
>>
Had a crack at eBay sniping one of the Xanatite Vulturax I was going to build. We'll see if I nabbed it tomorrow. Mostly saving my pennies for the Filiketos at the moment, though.
>>
>>52393708

What legion is second from top right?
>>
>>52400044
he's got black armor, bionics and cog icons

you tell me
>>
>>52400044
Well, they're in numerical order. If that's not enough information, you might be in the wrong place.

That's an Iron Warrior btw.
>>
>>52400044
IW ofcourse. But I don't blame you for not recognising it, the majority of those marines look like IW somehow...
>>
>>52400070
>>52400072
>>52400073

Well, I did realize they were in order after seeing the VII on that shield. But thank you.

I'm rather SM-illterate, more of an IG/orkfag.
>>
Anyone got an idea how to paint the Xana II colour scheme? Thinking Rakarth Flesh with Seraphim Sepia wash, but not sure. And the black metal i am really stuck on
>>
Would Saggitarium guard be worthwhile just to vary my helmets a bit?

I only plan to use 6 Sword and Board Custodes, maybe I could make one helmless and five with Saggitarium helms?
>>
>>52400013

More like 1d4-1. They could have anywhere between 0 and 3 remaining.
>>
>>52400108
You'll maybe want to get your eyes tested, that is a XII on the World Eater
>>
>>52399482
Yes. They'd also stop being heavy bolters at that point.
>>
Rolled 4 - 1 (1d4 - 1)

>>52400136
I wonder how many there are right now.
>>52400151
Yeah, everyone knows VII is Death Guard.
>>
>>52400151

I-I knew that. I'm just tripping all over myself today.
>>
>>52400167
>laughing Plague Terminator.jpeg
>>
>>52396973
Adaptation of a polandball colic that was made after the Paris attack last year.
Basically everyone rushes to our side and is nice to us when we're used to being hated by everyone by virtue of being fabulous flaming arrogant faggots. Same for EC, I presume, although we have yet to see them being like by the other legions.
>>
>>52400109
Should have added the pic
>>
>>52400237
We need more Legionball comics. Maybe Alphas should be square because they have to be different, or a venn diagram because twins.

Make Legionball a thing.
>>
>>52400284
>venn diagram
This.
>>
File: 2TGRoHh.jpg (651KB, 670x3926px) Image search: [Google]
2TGRoHh.jpg
651KB, 670x3926px
>>52400284
This one can probably be adapted, but I'm wayyyy too lazy and incompetent to find 2 legions that fit and to make it look nice.
>>
Fluffwise is there any justification for Secutarii units to be a part of an Ordo Reductor force without involving a titan?
Could they work as survivors of a destroyed titan battle group having joined with a Reductor Covenant?
>>
>>52400284
>Make Legionball a thing.
totally agree
>>
>>52394081
I'm doing it too
>>
File: rip.jpg (601KB, 1920x806px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
601KB, 1920x806px
So /hhg/, what does a typical city look like when your Legion is done with it?

Guess mine, should be easy.
>>
>>52400284
>>52400387
>Make Legionball a thing.
Pls no.
>>
>>52400425
Can't be worse than 90% of the shit that goes on in here.
>>
>>52400425
Anything creative is better than the endless, fruitless:
My Primarch/Legion is better than your Primarch/Legion
Primarch/Legion/Empy did nothing/everything wrong
>>
>>52399559
I was never saying you could.

I was pointing out that the 1 known loyalist Word Bearer was sacrificed to daemons by his brothers after they picked him up from Terra.
>>
File: despair.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>52400424
>>
>>52400479
It's okay while it's creative, but *ball comics tend to end up with the same images getting spammed in 5-10 consecutive threads. Which isn't creative at all, just shitty and thread-ruining.
>>
>>52400479
My Primarch beats your Pussyarch
>>
>>52400557
And Primarchspamming, Tripfagshitting and general shitposting isn't?

Can anyone here remember the last time we had an actual honest-to-goodness good thread?
>>
File: a most prosperous mission.jpg (197KB, 428x280px) Image search: [Google]
a most prosperous mission.jpg
197KB, 428x280px
>>52400424
>>
File: dead-city-desktop-background.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dead-city-desktop-background.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>52400424
>>
File: Terra.jpg (88KB, 736x477px) Image search: [Google]
Terra.jpg
88KB, 736x477px
>>52400424
>>
>>52400559
You take that back.
>>
>>52400583
That one time when everyone teamed up to make Dreadwing was alright.
>>52400342
BA and SoH?
>>
File: triumphant-procession.jpg (387KB, 1000x496px) Image search: [Google]
triumphant-procession.jpg
387KB, 1000x496px
>>52400424
>>
>>52400653
Word bearers?

>>52400586
Nice.
>>
>>52400583
>Can anyone here remember the last time we had an actual honest-to-goodness good thread?
About 4 threads ago, when we had lots of productive DG Anons. But remembering the bad things is way easier than remembering the good things
>>
>>52400114
Yeah they're worth it. The army's strong enough that a slightly subpar unit (relative to other Custodes) is still good, and they look so damn good.

>>52400109
I think Pallid Witch Flesh is the final layer on the off-white. I'd use a dark brown wash (whatever Devlan Mud got replaced with) as the wash... it may still make sense to use Sepia as a wash over a wider area, but the extreme wash is a very dark dark brown.

For the black, I'd mix in some blue or turquoise unit it looks like a dark gray with a hint of blue. Wash with the dark brown wash we were talking about (maybe the new one has a Skaven-related name?) and highlight with a turquoisey-blue-gray.
>>
>>52400583
Whenever I post it's all right. I'm just treating the threads like a proper place for mature siqcussion with some jokes thrown in, unlike shitposters

All it takes is people engaging in proper, intelligent discussion, and not blatant shitposting. Ignore those, onore the primarch/legion posting and the thread is immediately better. People posting wips and lists or talking about the bits and pieces of fluff they enjoy also helps.
>>
>>52396869
Don't get it at all
>>
>>52400557
I assume by ball you mean the dancing kind? Because I was imagining the legions in a basketball type game against each other.
>>
>>52398575
> Custodes pattern assless chaps incoming
Oh yeah. Feels good
>>
>>52398946
Fucking this.
> my lists are always very fluffy that's why I play HH guis.
> here is my unique [copy paste praetor] named [stupid name]
> Oh don't mind the SC apothecary it's VERY FLUFFY he is always with my guis in every battle ever.
>>
My space cousin carves his brother's name on your space dad's heart
>>
>>52400962
Not for a few thousand years, he doesn't.
>>
>>52400962
My space dad is your space dad's space dad.
>>
>>52400708
I'd say Ultras
>>
>>52401003
You are adopted.
>>
>>52400962
Cool lil' Grey Knight, now run on home to /40kg/

>>52400957
>SC apothecary
What does this mean?
>>
>he doesnt deliberately take less efficient options on his special characters and customizable units because they look cool and are cool in fluff
>he takes netlists and boring copypaste builds
who here /HBvets/ and /plasmapistols/ master race
>>
>>52401016
special character (named)
>>
>>52401015
S-so?! M-my space dad's still l-loves me more!
>[cries and oils in corner]
>>
Why is Lorgar wildly racist against Custodes?
>>
>>52401028
I have been known to use both.
>>52401060
Because he's a fuckup in every way.
>>
>>52400962
>>52400994
>>52401003
>>52401015
>>52401016
>>52401032
>>52401054
>>52401060
See? That's the shitpost that gets boring real fast.
>>
>>52401016
The one special character apothecary they released in Retribution that gives a unit a 4+ FNP that no WE list since has been without.
That and fucking Inductii.
>>
File: 1516151651556.jpg (40KB, 425x530px) Image search: [Google]
1516151651556.jpg
40KB, 425x530px
>>52401060
>Custodes is a race
>>
>>52401028
Heh, I be he even can make an actual list instead of being an indecisive fuck as me
>>
File: IMG_2225.jpg (31KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2225.jpg
31KB, 216x233px
>>52401089
Oh, cool. All that FNP on T4 models don't mean much when you're spamming artillery
>>
File: didn't expect that.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
didn't expect that.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
>>52400708
>roman triumph
>word bearers
>>
>>52401094
Auric race and the Spiritual Plan of Terra
>>
>>52401094

Specific-brand-of-enhance-ist or whatever then.

They're vaguely analogous to a racial group within the wider classification also including Astartes and Thunder Warriors, you know full well what I meant.
>>
>>52399721
I want to see sketches gimme sketches
>>
>>52401166
When all that infantry is in dread claws, and you have at most one turn of fire/shit tier overwatch before you have 60 S 6 attacks swarming all over your shit (with 4+ FNP)... Yeah your Medusa or quads are fucked Pert. Your shit painted B@C Siege Tryants are next
>>
>>52401089
That apothecary is overrated.

My AL killed 8 Red Butchers in a single shooting phase despite that guy trying to keep them alive last tournament.
>>
>>52401367
>impying nobody has a countercharge unit to mob up survivors
>>
>>52401689
>anecdotal """""evidence""""" without any real details
nice try, gahlan, we all know its you
>>
>>52401689
>my AL killed 8 guys.

Yeah, when the entire legion shoots at you, even custodes can die
>>
So considering darkmech soon(tm) do you think there will be a schism of mars book with my boy Kelbor Hal or is all that shit will be in Angelis
>>
>>52401766
Supposedly the Angelus dark mech will be pretty early on the path to chaos. The machines aren't very demonic yet. Kelbor Hal on the other hand is when the dark mech goes full on. They will probably get different books.
>>
>>52401729
Sniper vets with some meltaguns, a Venator, and plasma support squad. But who is gahlan ?

>>52401764
Exactly.

If something survived you didn't try hard enough :^)
>>
>>52401805
>Sniper vets with some meltaguns

For what raisin?
>>
File: 1481494345119.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481494345119.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>52401805
>I shot 8 dudes with 3 units including a unit dedicated to killing the dudes.
>apothecary was overrated.
>>
>>52401867
The meltaguns are there to also be a threat to vehicles and one-shot characters on a precision hit. Not a big chance, but always nice when you manage to snipe a choppy sergant or centurion out of a unit.
>>
>>52401907
Sarcasm translates poorly into the typed medium.
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg (545KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_sketch.jpg
545KB, 764x665px
I'm going to make 2 squads of Imperial Fist objective-squatting 10-man squads in rhinos. What should the sergeants get? I'm thinking combi-meltas, or just bolters with meltabombs.
>>
>>52401948
You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>52401988
>squatting
Probably some yellow tracksuits.
>>
>>52393943
Sculpting one out of foam and pvc piping sounds totally feasible.

Fuck you, I'll reply to the hours old first post whenever the fuck I want
>>
>>52401988
Combi-Flamer and Melta-Bombs, one to overwatch incoming attackers and the other to wreck vehicles if needed.
>>
>>52394568
It's on the same page...
>>
As I'm 110% autistic I've counted how many novels/novellas each Primarch has stared and/or co-stared in.

1. Roboute Guilliman: 5 (Know No Fear, Betrayer, Unremembered Empire, Pharos, Angels of Caliban)

2. Horus: 4 (Horus Rising, False Gods, Galaxy in Flames, Horus Rising)

3. Vulkan: 4 (Vulkan Lives, Unremembered Empire, Deathfire, Promethean Sun)

4. Lion El’Jonson: 4 (Descent of Angels, Fallen Angels, Angels of Caliban, The Lion)

5. Corax: 4 (Deliverance Lost, Soulforge, Ravenlord, Weregeld)

6. Leman Russ: 4 (Thousand Sons, Prospero Burns, Wolf King, Weregeld)

7. Konrad Curze: 3 (Prince of Crows, Unremembered Empire, Angels of Caliban)

8. Perturabo: 3 (Crimson Fist, Tallarn: Ironclad, Angel Exterminatus)

9. Magnus: 3 (A Thousand Sons, Prospero Burns, Crimson King)

10. Lorgar: 3 (First Heretic, Betrayer, Aurelian)

11. Jaghatai Khan: 3 (Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars, Path of Heaven)

12. Fulgrim: 3 (Fulgrim, Reflection Crack’d, Angel Exterminatus)

13. Mortarion: 3 (Vengeful Spirit, Scars, Path of Heaven)

14. Sanguinius: 3 (Fear to Tread, Pharos, Angel of Caliban)

15. Ferrus Manus: 2 (Fulgrim, Feat of Iron)

16. Alpharius/Omegon: 2 (Legion, Praetorian of Dorn)

17. Rogal Dorn: 2 (Crimson Fist, Praetorian of Dorn)

18. Angron: 1 (Betrayer)

It's amazing how Angron feels so developed despite being the least featured (though he's in a number of short stories).
>>
>>52399138
>Lion defeats Curze in personal combat twice
>takes him alive both times
>Curze escapes twice
What a fucking moron for not just putting that edgelord down.
>>
>>52402675
Curze and Lion is literally the same as Joker and Batman. Their banter is even the same lately.
>>
>>52402457
Guilliman, Russ and Magnus have their own novels in the Primarchs series.
The Lion co stars in Russ' and though I've not Red the Magnus one I've heard Pert has a big role in that.
>>
>>52402675
The Lion wants to keep Curze alive because Curze told him about the future and the Lion figures that if Curze is alive then the Emperor will have to live to be able to send assassins to kill him.
>>
>>52400024
>a legion led by a secret loyalist
This was always the shittiest part about the nuAL because it makes no sense. for every bone thrown to the loyalists they also deal them a crippling blow. 10k years later they are still subverting Imperial infrastructure while being "secretly loyal". What was the point? There needed to be some sort of grand reveal where they turned on the traitors at a critical juncture for it to work but that moment never came.
>just as planned
Fuck off m8.
>>
>>52402457
> doesn't mention Horus in Vengeful Spirit even though he has a big role and is ON THE FUCKING COVER
1/10 your autism is weak and pathetic, instead of useful like Rainman
>>
>>52402817
>trusting Curze
That's even dumber.
>>
File: Field full of ALs.jpg (44KB, 395x519px) Image search: [Google]
Field full of ALs.jpg
44KB, 395x519px
>>52402854
>J-just as planned, guise
An AL army is perhaps the only kind of army I wouldn't even care if it's loyal or not, as long as they operatingly operate...too bad Banestrike and the Headhunters that's a good band name are shitty as they are right now, but that's an FW issue, unrelated to dumb BL shittery
>>
>>52402902
> ALSO doesn't mention Horus in Wolf of Ash and Fire, another novella that stars Horus and the Emperor
0.5/10 do you even count toothpicks bro?
>>
>>52402675
There was the one time in Prince of Crows where the Lion was literally watching him bleed out, and only by shoving a Company of Night Lords at him, at once, where the Night Lords able to drag off Curzes beaten corpse
>>
>>52402778
I've Red the Magnus book and Pert is a pretty big part of it and surprisingly not that bitter.
>>
>>52403028
>Perturabo, master of Olympus wielding his famous broadsword
>>
>>52402695
Damn, it is like Batman, only the reverse.
A Joker that couldn't tell a joke to save his life hunts-but-never-kills Batman, the Evil Edgelord
>>
So do we have a consensus on what makes a good Custodes list yet? I want to not get horribly steamrolled for having a shittily balanced near nil model count list, and the models are too expensive to do too much trial and error.
>>
>>52403028
>surprisingly not that bitter.
Because it's a fucking wank. When people write about Perturabo seems that the only thing we can get is either a fanwank-tier depiction of him or he's a fucking tantrum-throwing man-child.
>>
>>52403047
>wielding his famous broadsword
To be honest, it's a bit weird he's the only Primarch that wields NOTHING in combat. Even Iron Manus used to wield Forgebreaker, and then wielded Fireblade and even a fucking wrench.
>>
>>52402854
Yeah, they found out Horus would turn before he actually did (about a decade before the Heresy) - plenty of time to do something about it and prevent it from getting so bad. At the latest, they could've made a big difference in favor of the loyalists at Isstvan V.

I suspect they're more of a Littlefinger from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones. The messier things get, the more powerful they are. Build a shadow empire of their own. By not participating in the Siege of Terra they should have been one of the most powerful legions left, after only the Ultramarines (after Caliban, anyway). Clearly something went wrong.

BL had better unfuck the situation they've created because it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>52395183
As long as it's roughly the right size it should be okay. Just make sure you're using the right flying base for it, since FMC base sizes matter. Beyond that, though, flying bases usually make conversions a little easier since you have a lot more leeway in what you can do with the model when the model size itself doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>52403109
You won't get steamrolled, don't worry.
>>
>>52402902
I listed horus rising twice, the second one was meant to be vengeful spirit

>>52402928
Wolf of ash and fire was a short story I thought
>>
>>52398575
picture definitely seems to imply they can't take both the bolt cannon and an upgrade weapon. so... their fire two guns at once rule really is useless. bravo, FW! yet another unit in inferno with rules that make no sense
>>
>>52399138
>>Ferrus Manus: Quit while he was a head
DELET THISSSSSS
>>
File: Are_you_not_entertained.png (262KB, 404x381px) Image search: [Google]
Are_you_not_entertained.png
262KB, 404x381px
>>52396316
>>
>>52403205
>BL had better unfuck the situation they've created because it doesn't make any sense.
It's what stopped me from choosing Alpha Legion. I like their aesthetic and operatorness but the lore is retarded.
>>
>>52401724
> Implying he didn't bring an odd number of drop pods/ dread claws, so the counter charge unit is already dead as well, or about to be raped by the Spartan full of Red Butchers every WE takes
>>
>>52403205

Alpharius and Omegon conflicted with each other over their true motives and caused a civil war within the legion during the siege of Terra, which led to both of them getting themselves killed during the Scouring and the breaking of the legion. Calling it now.
>>
>>52403322
Same. Would it hurt them to just tell us a little more about what the hell they think they're doing? I can't role-play an army I don't understand, and I truly don't understand the AL. The hints are too subtle for me.
>>
File: HH Chronology.png (2MB, 1085x629px) Image search: [Google]
HH Chronology.png
2MB, 1085x629px
>>52403205
>found out Horus would turn before he actually did (about a decade before the Heresy)
It's funny because Horus didn't even last 6 years as a loyalist Warmaster. HH cronology is a fuckup. Not big surprrise
>>52403322
>I like their aesthetic and operatorness but the lore is retarded.
I like to pretend that account is a lie.
>>
File: 1466134892095.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466134892095.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>52402457
Really? Angron's in only 1 book?
>>
>>52403164
He's got that sweet Ironmonger armour though.
>>
>>52403411
Alpharius got DORNED before the Siege of Terra.
>>
>>52403223

I find it unlikely it's that simple, they're basically an all terminator army and those tend to do awful.
>>
>>52403487
He's in more than that, I presume that anon was only thinking of books that feature primarchs as main characters.
>>
>>52403470
Not sure I see the problem - he wasn't Warmaster yet when the Cabal told Alpharius and Omegon that Horus would go bad, but he didn't need to be..

>>52403487
And an audio drama (Butcher's Nails). The problem with counting BL novels and novellas is that some of the short stories have been a lot more significant than you'd expect from a short story. Angron had one or two that were pretty key to understanding him. And then Betrayer, of course.
>>
>>52403548
An army of multiwound t5 terminators with weaponry an order of magnitude better than any terminator ever including GK during their cheese period, with good, tough transports and powerful tanks, elite units that make everything short of primarchs look like chumps and HQs that make primarchs, a LoW that can be twice their price, look like chumps. Plus, optional access to cheap, fearless objective holders that have double-rending ap3 swords
>>
>>52403548
They're not doing awful in events so far. They get protection against templates (Sodality), you can get Deep Strike through Valdor, they disrupt the opponent's Deep Strike, have a few fast units, a well armed tank, and an all-around good transport. Their only weakness is that they don't have an assault vehicle, but if Adepticon is any guide they're better at weathering that one turn of incoming fire than most Terminator armies.
>>
File: image.jpg (1018KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1018KB, 2592x1936px
>Who else is /blessed/ by the dark gods?

just finished up a game with my OR, and damn was it good. 3k Points featuring Secutarii of both flavors, a knight, some Myrmidons, and the rest of the regular Reductor regulars.

Played against UltraMarines with Auxilia allies (Guilliman showed up!) and, by God, did Slaneesh smile upon me. Here's some highlights;

>full 20-man Lasrifle squad unloads onto my 4-man Thallax Squad, scores only 5 wounds, yet I pass them all on 6's.

>remove a flock of Auxilia w/ chargers with a spare Peltast squad when all 4 of my shred re-rolls come up as sixes

>delet 2 Demolisher Trairos with my Hoplites

>drop 2 wounds on gully when he charges my Magos, which combined with the other stuff takes him to 1W on turn 2

>(personal favorite) pass the 6+ FNP on a regular Peltast being shot at by the fucking Nanite Blaster

Fuck, it was a good game. That Peltast is getting something big to distinguish him, because that was godamn hilarious.

>tfw this was supposed to be a loyalist army, but don't want the ride to end
>>
Why would you take a contemptor over a mortis or cortus anyway?

Also what's a good source for studded shoulders?
>>
>>52403223
my personal opinion is that their best list is MSU dedicated transport spam, but that's also by far their most expensive list to build as the grav carrier models are rather pricey. beyond that, jetbikes and grav-tanks are their best units hands down, jetbikes especially so.
>>
>>52394134
Well...

My 40K OC Donut Steel Space Marines are descended from a contingent of loyalist Word Bearers who got horrifically mauled by their Traitor brothers before they managed to escape into the Warp. They crash-land on a nascent Forge World (The Heresy had not yet happened galactically), all 45 marines who managed to live, and in an act of vengeance and hate strip all the iconography of Lorgar off their armor and paint it all black. They "ingratiate" (intimidate and coerce) the local Forge World into helping them resupply and hiding them, in exchange for helping them purge a recurring Genestealer problem they have in the depths of their factorum complexes, and eventually build up their "Warband" to be 125 Marines.

They pop back into Imperial space, the Heresy is in full swing, and they go out of their way to fuck with the Word Bearers as much as possible. While they ultimately don't do much in the grand scheme of things, they constantly harass and assault the Word Bearers from behind their lines, and literally nobody knows who or what they are save Blackshields with a grudge, and the Imperial forces they occasionally fight besides don't ask too many questions

After the Heresy, they disappear into the Warp to go fuck with Word Bearers, under the name the Black Heralds. They number about 400 by this point. They come back about 300 years later, and they basically just pretend to be a 2nd Founding Chapter whenever they meet an Imperial authority (which is rare given they're most active in the Koronus Expanse. One particular Inquisitor shows up and basically "figures it out," - the Black Heralds pretty much offer a squad to serve as his personal bodyguard forever if he keeps the secret, and he does

By 40M, nobody save the Inquisitors lineage in question, the High Chaplain, the Librarius, and the Chapter Master even know they're former Word Bearers, though there are some questions.
>>
Alright guys, question:

I want to get one of these dreads for a possessed 40K Chaos Contemptor, but I want to remove the Power Fist to put on another plasma cannon.

Those of you who have this model - is it possible to model the arms with other Contemptor weapons? Or will it be 100% conversion work?
>>
File: Word Bearers Possessed Dread.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Word Bearers Possessed Dread.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>52404161
Forgot the fucking pic of course
>>
>>52404161
>>52404176

I think you should be able to use the normal contemptor arm, but it's going to look very out of place without a lot of green stuff.
>>
>>52394134
There's an example in the series

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Barthusa_Narek
>>
what's the name of the asshole "kill everything" destroyers of the Dangles?
>>
>>52404246
That's not a loyalist, that's a double heretic
>>
>>52403487
Only 1 novel, Betrayer, features Angron significantly surprisingly. He appears in a few pages in Galaxy in Flames and Aurelian. Appears unconscious in Master of Mankind

He appears in the Audio books Butcher's Nails and After Desha and makes a cameo in Raven's Flight.

Also is in the short story Heart of the Conqueror
>>
>>52404260
Dreadwing.
They're not a standing formation until the Lion activates the Dreadwing protocol, which authorises the officer tasked with commanding the wing to pull the Dreadwing units together to scorched earth whatever the Lion wants removed from existence.

ie you could probably paint up your Destroyers or whatever to be Dreadwing but wouldn't have to say your entire army was Dreadwing. If that makes sense.
>>
>>52404297
Thanks, I just wanted to know so I could bring it up in an argument with my friend who plays Dangles so I could talk about how terrible the dangles are in every way. Just to annoy him.
>>
>>52404271
What is Heresy but loyalty to a different master?
>>
File: firstlegionbestlegion.jpg (109KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
firstlegionbestlegion.jpg
109KB, 324x500px
>>52404346
You deserved to be dreadwing'd
>>
>>52404356
thus, still wrong?
>>
I want to read books featuring iron hands. Are any of them of acceptable quality and which ones? I heard fulgrim is garbage
>>
>>52394821

LIVES
>>
>>52404441
>iron hands
Literally who?
>>
>>52404441
Meduson anthology?
Damnation of Pythos might be to your liking, but it's not a good heresy book. Acceptable low-quality horror fiction in the setting tho.

Apart from that you have several IH characters guest-starring in other plot arcs.
>>
>tfw no Dantioch, Kyr Vhalen, Decima/Morturg, and Endryd Haar team-up
>>
>>52404530
>Kyr Vhalen
I do hope they bring him back eventually. They made it pretty easy for him to have escaped Paramar V by having the Alpha Legion fuck off and not actually secure the planet after winning one battle. Of all the new characters FW has written for HH he's easily the most entertaining as well.
>>
>>52393708
Where are the torso and heads of the WE and IW from in that pic?
>>
File: Wanted.gif (774KB, 498x205px) Image search: [Google]
Wanted.gif
774KB, 498x205px
>>52404530
>Dantioch, Kyr Vhalen, Decima/Morturg, and Endryd Haar team-up
Sweet Emperor. And people still wonder why the traitors lose despite outnumbering the loyalists.
MEATGRINDER FORCE TEAM-UP WHEN
>>
File: ihsquadp5.jpg (74KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
ihsquadp5.jpg
74KB, 800x680px
>>52404649
IW is using the Iron Hands tactical squad I think, no idea about the WE
>>
>>52404664

IV, XII, XIV legions.

Imagine if it were these three, at their full strength, defending Holy Terra during the Warmaster's assault.
>>
>>52403529
It dorned on him he had made a terrible mistake?
>>
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
x9 Vets w/ x2 Plasmaguns
Sarge w/ Artificer armor
Rhino w/ Multi-melta
Veteran tactics: Marksmen
Total 250pts

Is this setup good enough? Or should I put more Combi-X, vexilla and stuff?
>>
>>52405320
probably want a dozer blade, but other than that it's perfectly serviceable. a vexilla isn't a bad idea, but you can do without it if you're short on points.
>>
>>52405320
Thats what i use the most, if you have good legion-specific weaponry scars then consider using them too. Never forget the amount of attacks you can get on the charge
>>
>>52393708

What helmet is that Night Lord using? It's remarkably flat. Is that a beakie?
>>
>>52405411
well-painted maximus with the vertical grilles by the look of it
>>
>>52405466
>>52405411
I think its from the mk4 terror squad upgrade
>>
>>52393708
YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE CANCER!

BECAUSE YOU NEED TO PURGE IT!

COWARD!
>>
>>52405502

No >>52405466 is right. It's a normal MKIV with vertical grills. You can see the highlight below it, though it looks like he filled in a little bit of the grill maybe.
>>
>>52398741
>implying it's not

>>52400424
Take a Holocaust mass grave photo, cover it in severed limbs and blood, and copy-paste it a few thousand times.
>>
>>52405320
imo for vets you should go with 3x combi plasma over 2x plasma. For vets I want to go with the alpha strike, then rely on sniped bolters after that first turn of firing.

Also, vets have fantastic melee, 4 attacks each on the charge. So I give the sgt a power fist.
>>
>>52402457
>It's amazing how Angron feels so developed despite being the least featured
No, anon, that's causation, not correlation.
>>
File: IMG_8502.jpg (164KB, 319x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8502.jpg
164KB, 319x500px
>>52405411
Here it is without any paint.
>>
>>52405998
Well fuck. How'd the skull get so elongated I wonder?
>>
File: color-wheel-poster.jpg (202KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
color-wheel-poster.jpg
202KB, 1224x792px
>>52397879
>Green and red just don't look good together.

You what? Green and red are complimentary colors Anon.
>>
>>52406356
They still look like shit together.
>>
>>52406376
Sorry for your eyes, I guess.
>>
File: worst.jpg (14KB, 217x512px) Image search: [Google]
worst.jpg
14KB, 217x512px
>>52406383
Sorry for your shit taste you commercialized xmas-fetishist, red and green are the worst and you're usually pressed to blend them into something else for them to not look like a jarring mess.

Your shitty wheel is worthless by the way, it doesn't account for the correct ratios of the colors supposed to complement each other. "M-m-muh complementary colors..." doesn't matter for shit if you have no aesthetic sense in the first place.
>>
>>52403850
The gods smile at you. Make them be proud
>>
>>52405998
i love the physical damage to the model. id be way too afraid to do that to my own
>>
File: 1465148607107.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465148607107.gif
605KB, 400x400px
How much conversion work would be needed beyond weapon swaps for Tempestus Scions to work as marines in scout armour?

I can't fucking stand the derpy scout models and I need some helmets badly.
>>
Then what's you guys' opinion about best HH color combo scheme?

Personally, I find forge world Agripinaa scheme fucking awesome.
>>
>>52404441
I really liked Fulgrim - it's somehow polarizing and I'm not entirely sure why.

There are some Iron Hands in The Seventh Serpent (mostly an Alpha Legion story) and there's the Meduson anthology.
>>
>>52406356
Not really. Pink and green are, or red and turquoise.

Red and green work if you desaturate one of them.
>>
>>52405998
Shit, man, thin your paints.
>>
>>52406720
Take Scion legs, MkVII torsos with no decorations, Skitarii backpacks with all the dendrites cut off, SM heads of your choosing and Scout arms. Make something akin to the old Wolf Scout models.
>>
>>52407361
any pics? sounds like a massive pain in the ass.
>>
>>52406479
How about green lenses in blood angels or word bearers anon?
>>
>>52404441
The Meduson anthology is by far the best thing they've got.
Riven is a prequel to the Keys of Hel from Meduson.
Veritas Ferrum is prequel to the Damnation of Pythos.
FW HHVI Retribution - Tooth and Claw section.

Speaking of the Meduson, does anyone have the newest version which contains Unspoken, a sequel to Unforged, a Salamanders on Isstvan V short story?
>>
So we can all agree that MK.IV looks a million times better with a different coloured faceplate, right? Is this possible for every legion?
>>
Suppose your Sniper vets are in charge range of the opponent's 20-men Despoiler squad. Should you rapid fire it? Or charge them first?
>>
>>52408242
depends on your special weapon armanent and if there are any supporting units about to help you out
>>
>>52408242
depends on how big you are, and how well they are equipt
>>
Hey /hhg/ I just got a warning for a post on /pol/ but I only post here. What was that about? To keep it topic related what are you working on this week?
>>
You're an ordinary guardsman with access to every written games workshop tome and a loan of Orikan's time machine. What parts of the heresy can you theoretically halt or derail?
>>
File: SoH_Reavers_Chieftan_Mk_IV.jpg (374KB, 619x940px) Image search: [Google]
SoH_Reavers_Chieftan_Mk_IV.jpg
374KB, 619x940px
Shooty squads with jump packs, i.e. 10-15 SoH Reavers with 8-12 volkites and 2-3 special dakka, maybe chainaxes for finishing the job. Haven't run it on paper but sounds good to me.
>>
Fact of the day: "berserker" was the Norse word for "champion", as in the designated guy who fights duels for a lord. They'd get a bearskin cloak to denote their status.
>>
>>52408379
I got back in time and shoot the fucking emperor when he was first born
>>
>>52408379

The obvious two are explaining Tzeentch's ploy to Magnus in time, or just straight up time machining straight into the council where it was decided how to punish Lorgar and tell them they need to send Russ, not Gulliman.

>>52408399
Wildly unhelpful. Just because he's a questionably competent ass doesn't mean he's not the main driving force of humanity's survival.
>>
File: awww yeah.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
awww yeah.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>52408410
but if i did that i'd just restore the world back to this timeline. AKA the best timeline
>>
>>52408379
get a meltagun, go back in time and fucking execute erebus and kor phaeron before they can fuck lorgar up
>>
>>52408379
After his date rape with Horus, go and raep Fulgrim harder thus returning him back to the loyalist side. He and Ferrus buddy-wreck the traitors on Isstvan V.
>>
Does Tank shock w/ empty Rhino works well in HH? Or too many Sarges have melta bombs?
>>
>>52408422
Faggot corrupted Lograr is the best Lorgar
>>
>>52408445
How? Ferrus is only a head

:^)
>>
>>52403300
>punching is chainfist on a world eaters on Istvan III
>"Are you not entertained ?!"
>trowing is combi-bolter on commander's table
>"you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? "
>"Barbarius ! Barbarius ! Barbarius!"
>>
>>52407466
Not yet.

>sounds like a massive pain in the ass.

Only thing you need to convert is the hanging cables on the backpack (just cut them off) and modify or cut off the nub on the Marine torso to fit the backpack. Everything else (should) just go together without a hitch.

Sure, you can use plain stormies, but they're way more bulky and crude for Marines.
>>
>>52404124
shitty fluff
>>
>>52408514
>"My name is Maximum Decimatius Typhodius, commander of the 954th Expeditionary Fleet, captain of the 14th Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE Emperor. Officer to a murdered army, servant to a betrayed people, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
>>
>>52408587
>in this life or the next
>The emperor sends the ultras or awooos to kill him
>>
Am I playing fair if I buy infantry from FW/GW and vehicles from chinaman?
>>
>>52408733
Who cares man just don't get super shitty recasts
>>
Why people hate the aquila militaris in HH?
It IS NOT the palatine eagle
>>
new thread please folks
>>
Breadanon we summon you HEAR OUR CALL
>>
New thread
>52408891
>52408891
>52408891
>>
I'm retarded, here's the new bread
>>52408891
>>52408891
>>52408891
>>
>>52404476
>Damnation of Pythos
I disagree, I think it's an excellent book for anyone wanting to learn about the iron hands during the heresy. Protip: the story isn't about whether the marines manage to stop the daemons, the story is a microcosmic example of how the iron hands are changing post-isstvan. It's about the soul of the legion, basically, so >>52404441 should absolutely read it.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.