[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edh/ Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 67

File: slow.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
slow.png
127KB, 223x311px
MVP Draft Chaff edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Previous Thread
>>52363267

>Thread question
How often do you put draft chaff into decks? What chaff has made it into your "competitive" builds?
>>
File: image.jpg (269KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 1024x768px
first for INTELLIGENT commanders
>>
File: 1490559068754.jpg (27KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490559068754.jpg
27KB, 375x523px
>>52385204
Picture related
>>
>>52385123
>casualfags complaining because they get stomped bay combo when they make a deck based around durdling with tokens or shitty rg werewolves that cannot interact with the stack
>casual is playing whatever you want
>waaaahhh why are you playing that is unfair!!!
/thread in a nutshell
>>
>>52385253
calm down
>>
File: Italian_Land_Tax.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Italian_Land_Tax.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
>>52385240
This is the future of magic.
>>
>>52385204
Edric :)
>>
>>52385253
Bad deckbuilders hide behind the "casual format"-thing. Casual means to them "commons that I got for free from others who finished drafting are good enough".
At least you can make a good deck for cheap if it has decent synergy, but people who cannot into synergy and deckbuilding are ruining the meta. Shame that someone takes them seriously.

Nothing wrong with budget if you want to limit yourself or cannot afford, but trying to drag everyone into draft chaff and badstuff meta should be punishable by forcing a non smoothed wooden buttplug in the mangina and left there until it rots.
>>
File: 3_Markus, The Mad Dasher.jpg (167KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
3_Markus, The Mad Dasher.jpg
167KB, 375x523px
>>52385538
Meet his hipster brother!
>>
File: image.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
277KB, 375x523px
>>52385204
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
So I'm building a Faerie/Shapeshifter deck. Think general spooky-ness, trickery, fairytales and so on.

Right now I'm about five cards over where I need to be.

Any recommendations? Commander is pic related.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/26-03-17-PAA-deck-paste/
>>
>>52385817
>1BR
>not 4U

You literally had one job.
>>
>>52385936
Play better cards. No Sol Ring is bad, Familiar's Ruse over Counterspell is bad, Glimnerdust Nap isn't even tribal, Shimmer Myr has 6 other artifacts, none of which benefit from flash, half your creatures are unplayable. I understand there decks, but you don't have to play legit trash cards to keep theme
>>
>>52386054
>Familiar's Ruse over Counterspell is bad
Not necessarily. The rest you say is true but if you want to abuse etb (see: Spellstutter Sprite) the rider could be a very legit upside.
>>
anyone else have a competitive metagame?

had to build edric because of my friends and now all i have is this Edric deck that just pubstomps the shit out of casuals when I play with random people at the shop

I don't know how to feel anymore
>>
>>52386054
>Sol Ring
Isn't that banned?

>Familiar's Ruse
See:
>>52386102

>Glimnerdust Nap
Yeah, I'll remove it.

>Shimmer Myr
Same with this.

Thanks for the input, but I don't understand how half of my creatures are unplayable.
>>
>>52386148
>Sol Ring

In real commander it's totally legal. And there's a reason WotC puts one in EVERY Commander Precon.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-21+at+08.55.49).jpg (239KB, 894x732px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-21+at+08.55.49).jpg
239KB, 894x732px
Post'em!

Also, any CC on my life drain n'gain with a touch of enchantress?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/touch-of-a-lethifold/
>>
File: Ethersworn Adjudicator_CFX.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ethersworn Adjudicator_CFX.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52385984
Gotchu covered
>>
>>52386148
Sol ring is banned in French, not in EDH. Both have entirely different banlists
>>
>>52385936
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/26-03-17-PAA-deck-paste/

OK, here are some real comments.

>Save your deck
Seriously, there's no reason not to and it lets you look at analytics

>Mana Base
The basic "Industry Standard" you should start with, adding or subtracting as needed from testing, is 35 land and 10 nonland mana-producers. Most of your nonlands should be cmc 0-2 artifacts, with some 3's. More costly mana rocks count as half a rock.

For a blue-black deck, try Sol Ring, Dimir Signet, Fellwar Stone, Coldsteel Heart, Sky Diamond, Charcoal Diamond, Talisman of Dominance, and three of [Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Darksteel Ingot, Worn Powerstone, Commander's Sphere, Dimir Keyrune, Dimir Cluestone, Thran Dynamo/Hedron Archive, Magnifying Glass... there are a lot of options for those last few slots] You can have a better manabase with some expensive options like Crypt but that kind of backbone will be a decent place to work out from that won't break the bank.

>Have a Point
Even in casual EDH, just sort of puttering forward is not a recipe for success. Your commander is Oona, so maybe you want to mill? If you combo up infinite mana she'll oust your foes in one hit, and doesn't even need to be anything but summoning sick to do it. Or perhaps you like the tokens aspect. Faeries are good at getting a board presence (even if a fairly meaningless one) while disrupting the board of others, so you could build a Stax deck, or at least a control deck with some Stax elements. Consider cards like Smokestack, Contamination, Tangle Wire, and even Descent Into Madness and what they do with other cards like Oona and Bitterblossom. Since Counterspelling, like spot removal, won't carry the day to lock folks out in multiplayer, you need a more generalized strategy if you want to control.

>Staples to consider
Look into Demonic Tutor. Its price is high, but it's one of black's best pieces. In Blue, really consider Cyclonic Rift.
>>
File: d08.jpg (20KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
d08.jpg
20KB, 424x448px
>>52386301
>Playing French
>>
>>52383765
>Torpor Orb somehow makes Eldrazi work with Yeva

Every time I think the "/tg/ is bad at MTG" memes are overdone, someone sinks to new lows.
>>
>>52386460
I didn't imply that I play it. It's a barely living joke of a format, but that's not to say that regular EDH is any better really. At least there's less entitled faggots and hipsters playing EDH.
>>
>>52386435
Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely implement some Stax elements into my deck, especially since I can get so many tokens easily.

Should I just try and take out my removal like Doom Blade, Go for the throat, etc.?

I know the mana base is underdeveloped, it's just something that I didn't finish since there's basically a "universal package" of it. I should've mentioned it in the original post.

And yeah, the wincons are a bunch of buffed, unblockable faeries from Oona, with some backups in form of Midnight Banshee, Wrexial, and Attrition, in case I can't buff them.
>>
>>52386461
I am 100% certain that vast majority of /tg/ is either dyslexic or illiterate and they dictate their posts by their tard wranglers.
>>
>>52386435
>>52386617
OK, here's attempt #2:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-03-17-faeries/

I removed some cards that weren't that impactful, added smokestack, and fleshed out the manabase. It's also 100 cards now!
>>
>>52386265
Oh hey, its that creature whose abilities I never get to use because no one lets it survive a round. Love this guy, great removal bait.
>>
File: image.png (304KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
304KB, 375x523px
>>52385984
fixed
>>
File: 0gRQH2Q.jpg (40KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
0gRQH2Q.jpg
40KB, 358x500px
Hello new Commander ;)
>>
File: 39580274_p28_master1200.jpg (408KB, 1050x1115px) Image search: [Google]
39580274_p28_master1200.jpg
408KB, 1050x1115px
How bad is this? Lab Maniac seems useless

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kami-kami/

Dream Tides was the best I could find to stop creature-based hatebears, and I feel like I'm missing one stax effect, like Rising Waters, since I don't have Back to Basics.
>>
File: 49.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
Im trying to revamp a deck I messed around with a long time ago. I am very slow at building decks and still not that great, so help is wanted.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-of-clan-nel-toth-suggestions-wanted/
>>
File: rollins3.jpg (41KB, 702x432px) Image search: [Google]
rollins3.jpg
41KB, 702x432px
>>52385984
>>
>>52387627
>mono blue stax

Absolutely horrible, anon. Kill yourself.
>>
>>52387627
needs Upheaval, Standstill and possibly Opposition + something to shit useless creature tokens such as Nuisance Engine
>>
>>52387677
Also I apologize for that horrible formatting in the description, I just cleaned it up a bit and added a description.
>>
>>52387677
Some things to add. This is based off the sorta-competitive Meren I made a while ago.

>Dictate of Erebos
>Gravepact
>Living Death
>Green Sun's Zenith
>Black Sun's Zenith
>Life's Finale
>Fleshbag Marauder
>Merciless Executioner
>Entomb
>Smothering Abomination

And if you wanna have fun, some dope ass bombs are things like Doomgape, Myr Battlesphere, and It That Betrays.
>>
>>52387827
All great suggestions, thank you!
>>
>>52387754
>Upheaval
B&
>>
File: dicksuckmaximum.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dicksuckmaximum.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52387677
prepare your anus.
>>
>>52387482
No Damia with Primal Surge you win if Primal Surge goes off just make sure you have
>Akroma's Memorial
>>
Can Sidar still give himself evasion if I have something with Exalted and he attacks alone, as long as I order things correctly?
>>
>>52388032
Its funny that what seems as your typical ordinary common card can be pure gold in EDH.
>>
File: big pod big fun.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
big pod big fun.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52388065
not enough people abuse commons in edh
>>
>>52388054
No, Sidar's ability is static, not triggered. It'll stop working the moment any creature you're attacking with gets greater than 2 power.
>>
>>52388195
I see. So much for that plan.
>>
File: 1489265930704.gif (571KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
1489265930704.gif
571KB, 199x199px
>>52385253
>bay combo

Are you from Maryland?
>>
>>52388181
Lol how is that a uncommon ?
>>
File: $_3.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
I sincerely hope this general auto-sages to the bottom and just dies and nobody ever makes an EDH general again. This amount of autism, trolling, and feint-superiority are not just annoying, but clinically dangerous. You people need help. You people truly and genuinely have a problem, on an interpersonal and social level you are all broken.

>>52385253
This
>>
>>52388461
Please stop trolling with Flametongue Kavu
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 252x200px
>>52388490
no
>>
>>52386263
Only four of your decks don't play green or blue, play more interesting decks
>>
File: Commander Decks.jpg (392KB, 960x1696px) Image search: [Google]
Commander Decks.jpg
392KB, 960x1696px
>>52386263
Here we go again, lotsa decks.
>>
>>52388959
PROGENITUS you lose
>>
File: standard legal.jpg (237KB, 1119x780px) Image search: [Google]
standard legal.jpg
237KB, 1119x780px
>put these two in my deck
>win every game

no wonder standard is like it is
>>
File: reaper king.jpg (39KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
reaper king.jpg
39KB, 312x445px
OK guys, how do I win with this fuck? I'm stuck theorycrafting

I know the myriad sword trick to blow up a shitload of permanents, but other than cloning reaper king and trying to mirror gallery it up,

how do I win with him?

I'm thinking about going primarily UG, with a splash of WBR. I want UG for ramp, draw, artifact tutors, and clones. Also maybe a few changelings.

WBR isn't that necessary, is it?
>>
>>52389646
Depends entirely on whether your meta is actually good or not.
>>
Okay anons, so I'm getting the Orzhov pre-con for my birthday and I've no idea what to put into the deck. What's some spicy Daxos tech?
>>
>>52389636

nobody has made that deck work in standard, you should be the first and become Internet famous
>>
>>52389646

It should just be 5 color control with a side of clone tribal, 5 color control is naturally UG heavy for all the green mana fixing and blue being the best color

The other colors are still important though, you get lots of good versatile removal you can run like maelstrom pulse and vindicate and terminate. Also you get all the tutors

If you don't have all the good dual lands and such, you might want to be more artifact based than green based, all the good rainbow mana rocks and even a good number of signers will be helpful
>>
File: no face.jpg (334KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
no face.jpg
334KB, 540x960px
>>52389717
Honestly, I bought the precon on release and built two decks out of it. One was karlov lifegain proques, and the other was daxos "whoops, all enchantments! "

Karlov was explosive and fun, but was risky and ate shit too often.

Daxos is incredibly fun, literally try running ALL enchantments (as few exceptions as you can). I mean make your protection enchantments that give protection from colors, make your removal enchantments. Only run 3 or 4 enchantment creatures, relying on daxos to pump out a consistently huge army.

Some cards of note are flickering ward, spirit loop, true conviction, spiritual asylum, dark tutelage, phyrexian arena, erebos, doomwake giant, glistening oil, and anthem effects. (Run the enchantments that give all your guys vigilance )

You pump out CONSTANT 10/10s for 3 mana and buff them all up.

Fun deck, but take my advice, very underwhelming without being competely devoted to enchantments.
>>
>>52389952
Oh, and when I say "only run 3 or 4 enchantment creatures", I mean,

run only 3 or 4 CREATURES, make sure they are enchantments in addition to their other types. Rely on commander to make the creatures for your deck. This way, you can pump the deck with a FUCKLOAD of non-creature support spells while also being able to consistently pump out a huge army.
>>
WI can never decide what colours to build. Someone tell me a combination and I'll build the first one.
>>
>>52385123
I never participate in these threads, but I'm itching to play, as I haven't in a little while and I just rebuilt all of my decks. My nearest hobby store is nearly an hour away, as are most of my pals, and just playing at my own kitchen table with my husband doesn't always cut the mustard. Please don't judge me too harshly, I'm worthless Vorthos trash these days. (tappedout users/Lord_of_Squirrels/)

I run one of each of the ten "Wedges" - one for each of the Clans of Tarkir, and one for each of the Shards of Alara. I run:
GBW - Abzan - Daghatar the Adamant
RUG - Temur - Yasova Dragonclaw
RWB - Mardu - Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
RWU - Jeskai - Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest
BUG - Sultai - Tasigur, the Golden Fang
RWG - Naya - Mayael the Anima
WUG - Bant - Rafiq of the Many
WUB - Esper - Sharuum the Hegemon
BRG - Jund - Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
UBR - Grixis - Sedris, the Traitor King

It was fun using the Hybrid-cost-activating Legendaries as the Commanders for the Clans. Karrthus is brutal against some of these decks, because I run a lot of Dragons in my Tarkir decks (go figure).
>>
File: tap dat mountain.jpg (40KB, 450x630px) Image search: [Google]
tap dat mountain.jpg
40KB, 450x630px
>>52385123
I forgot to answer the thread question!
I use cheap dross all the time, because I like building for flavor as well as mechanics. For example, there is a copy of Kheru Dreadmaw in my Sultai Tasigur deck, and the spooky little cutie has saved my butt a few times.

>>52390114
How about you build a five-colored deck, since you're indecisive? There are lots of great choices for Commanders there, too.
>>
>>52390242
Eh, 5 colour seems like it'd be quite pricey. One day when I have the money I do want to build Sliver Overlord though.

Are there any good 4 colour decks? I was thinking Tana, the Bloodsower and Ravos, Soultender tokens would be pretty cool and the precon seems like it has most of the mana fixing I don't have for 4 colour.
>>
>>52390359
Those aren't bad choices, and everybody starts somewhere. My husband's first Commander deck was a modified theme deck, and it was mean. Does your group allow Nephilim as four-colored Commanders? They're fun to play with.

As for five-colored being expensive, I don't think Scion of the Ur-Dragon would be hard to build on the cheap. He doesn't even need that many Dragons to be decent, and there are a few strategies you can work around him (like reanimator and other graveyard-matters strategies, for example). There are so many affordable "mana rocks" and common multicolored lands that you could also use.
>>
>>52384717
>If you have an It that betrays, and your opponent is enchanted with wheel of sun and moon, will it pull sacrificed creatures from the opponent's library?
No. Objects aren't tracked in hidden zones.

>>Also, if you sacrifice an It that betrays, will it recur itself?
Whenever an __opponent__ sacrifices a nontoken permanent, put that card onto the battlefield under your control.

>>Furthermore, if a card existed that created a replacement effect that would put cards into your hand instead of the graveyard, would an enemy it that betrays be able to take a sacrificed creature that went to your hand?
See above.

>On another note, if you oblivion ring something, then pull it out of exile, and then exile it again, the oblivion ring won't recognize it when it leaves the battlefield right?
That is correct.

>And lastly, is the general rule for cards that don't specify where they "look" when they want to return a card from somewhere to the battlefield after that card left the battlefield, that the effect will search in the first zone it entered, and only there?
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Cards like O-Ring and Obzedat don't really "look" or "search" anywhere, they "track" the applicable objects.
In the case of It That Betrays vs Rest in Peace, ITB still grabs the sacrificed permanents, because it maintains a reference to the objects as they are sent to exile instead of the graveyard.
In the case of It That Betrays vs Relic of Progenitus, sacrificing the Relic in response will fizzle ITB, because ITB's ability holds a reference to the cards in the graveyard, and exiling those cards will make them new objects. In the same way, a Pull From Eternity can fizzle ITB's ability if Rest in Peace is in play.
>>
Anyone have good suggestions for a Rakdos, Lord of Riots EDH deck?
>>
File: a7f3113cc0524f1cb34b44adc68caaed.jpg (392KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
a7f3113cc0524f1cb34b44adc68caaed.jpg
392KB, 1536x1152px
Cycling and bricks.
>>
>>52390920
>-1/-1 counters
>in 2017 standard
>>
File: AncestralStatue.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
AncestralStatue.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>52390873
>>
>>52386460
Is there any other dual commander format?
>>
>>52390920
>cycling is back
Oh no
>>
>>52391158
>cycling
>and triggers on cycling
Oh yes.
>>
>>52391035
Aldo good in Animar
>>
File: ab83a862e78844259ff803d8220f4e26.jpg (354KB, 855x1521px) Image search: [Google]
ab83a862e78844259ff803d8220f4e26.jpg
354KB, 855x1521px
wtf is exert?
>>
>>52391255
It isn't even a keyword otherwise they would have explained within brackets, new base mechanic?
>>
>>52391255
Probably 'put a -1/-1 on it'
>>
File: ggtDD.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
ggtDD.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>52391302
They don't always explain mechanics, especially if the card has a lot of other text,is a rare or not a lot of space like the game day promos.

Pic related.
>>
>>52391255
I guess either exile a card from your hand or from the top of your library?
>>
>>52390796
Thanks a lot! I didn't expect another reply.

But I have another question then. As far as I understand, objects are considered "new" objects when they change zones. What's the reason that cards like it that betrays can track a zone change, but only once(from battlefield to graveyard, exile, command zone).
>>
>>52391302
It's a rare and a promo, they don't put reminder text on those, especially when there's a lot of text
>>
>>52391311
This is most likely, or it could finally be the keyword for doesn't untap.

>>52391364
>exert Glorybringer
>>
>>52391255
I'm guessing it either keeps the creature from dealing combat damage, or you repay its mana cost
>>
>>52390920
Okay I'm fucking buying a mikaeus asap.
>>
>>52391727
I think it might be putting a -1/-1 counter on it, -1/-1 matters might be a theme of the set
>>
>>52391727
>>52391745

It could reasonably be any of those. I don't think it's the one where it doesn't deal combat damage, because to me it's not a good keyword for that effect.
>>
>>52391255
Double tap baby, turn it 180 degrees so it needs two untap steps.

>>52391368
>But I have another question then. As far as I understand, objects are considered "new" objects when they change zones. What's the reason that cards like it that betrays can track a zone change, but only once(from battlefield to graveyard, exile, command zone).
I'm not entirely sure on what all the relevant rules are, but I'll make an attempt. 400.7, 400.7d and 603.6 seem to be the rules of note. It basically reads that "objects changing zones become new objects", "some abilities can find objects when they change zones" and "upon resolution, zone-change trigger events look for the object in the zone that it moved to", but feel free to read them if you'd like.

Basically, ITB's ability explicitly has a "hook" that allows it to track the object as it changes zone. In some way it reads "track each object your opponent sacrifices, and when that happens, return that object upon resolution". It doesn't matter if replacement effects would exile the card, put it onto the battlefield, turn it green and then exile it again, because the replacement effects are all modifying the sacrifice itself. It's still the same event, so ITB's ability is still "hooked" to the object. However, if an effect then moves the object after the initial zone change, the rules don't give it permission to track it, and ITB's ability now points to something that doesn't exist.

Random notes:
A creature with Undying doesn't return with RiP in play, because the creature never hits the graveyard in the first place, so the event never triggers. Hitting the graveyard is an outcome of sacrificing something, not a requisite, which is why ITB is different.
Oblivion Ring won't return a Commander that is sent to the command zone, because the effect explicitly looks for a card in exile. (607.2a) Banishing Light, however, will.

Anyone feel free to tell me if I got anything wrong. I'm not actually a judge, just an autist.
>>
too many people itt confusing exert with overexert desu
>>
>>52391820
>Double tap baby
>tfw they release a permanent that makes you exert other cards
>tfw if you exert enough times you get to untap by spinning the card 360°
>>
>>52391929
>I turn 360° and concede.
>>
>>52390920
>cycling is back
Hopefully they give me either a reprint of Astral Slide or a legend that can command a cycling deck
>>
>>52392053
>Astral Slide
>Not Fluctuator
>>
File: Astral Slide.jpg (45KB, 388x314px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Slide.jpg
45KB, 388x314px
>>52392311
Nah nigga you just don't understand.
>>
>>52392053
>>52392311
>>52392412
Legendary artifact creature - Bike Vehicle
{W/U/G}
Each card in your hand has cycling {2}
Whenever a player cycles a card you may pay {1}. If you do, draw a card and gain 1 life.
Crew 2
5/5
>>
>>52392654
You're an idiot, this is Wizards we're talking about.

Haakon, the Mummy 1BB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Lord
Haste, Menace
Cycling 4
2/2

That would make a good cycling commander.
>>
File: 1471960533214.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1471960533214.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
give me one good reason not to run this blue fuck in oloro
>>
File: fMp3bQH.jpg (110KB, 640x848px) Image search: [Google]
fMp3bQH.jpg
110KB, 640x848px
>>52392710
>cycling on a legendary creature
>>
>>52392786
Yeah but if you have the Demon out you can use Command Beacon to bring Haakon2 to your hand and pay four mana to cycle him and trigger the Demon!
>>
>>52392760
Are you already running every other cards that is better than that card in the deck?
>>
>>52392760
>tfw i run dovin in my atraxa superfriends and i've gotten to activate his emblem

holy fuck the amount of buttpain, most people just scoop
>>
>>52392806
Wizards couldn't design such awful legendary, not in this day and age please tell me that I'm right, because I'm not so sure anymore
>>
File: utter end.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
utter end.png
123KB, 223x311px
Do you guys think this card is worth running? I feel like 4 mana is just too much for 1-for-1 removal in EDH. I'm running a BW deck that runs around 12 answers to board state already (spot removal, board state) and Utter End is one of them. I'm thinking of slotting it out for Return to Dust or Victim of Night, or putting something else entirely in its place.
>>
>>52392892
What about a Spider tribal commander? We could give it an activated ability of Lava Spike but cost it the same as Spider Spawning's seven mana flashback cost. Casual players love Spider Spawning.
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (111KB, 920x260px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
111KB, 920x260px
>>52386263
>>
>>52392911
I think it's generally worth it, sometimes you need generic exile to tackle someting like a darksteel reactor or forge that not much else can get rid of.
>>
File: cool commanders.jpg (694KB, 940x1330px) Image search: [Google]
cool commanders.jpg
694KB, 940x1330px
>>52386263
>>
>>52392944
To be fair, Iskanah is bad as a casual spider tribal commander, but he's a good commader for combo, as he instantly wins the game with infinite mana
>>
>>52390359
Not playing Five color pinball. For shame.
>>
>>52392957
there isn't that much Indestructible in my meta, although one guy really likes to smash me with that 20/20 haste ID guy that comes out of that land, but that's a fairly rare occurence

My deck also has no answers to utility lands since I was too cheap to buy a vindicate, oops

I guess I'll play a couple more games with it and see if I actually need that unconditional exile. The last few times I've had it have been disappointing
>>
>>52392911
Darksteel anything, Gods, Avacyn, Planeswalkers, anything you don't want to see reanimated or recurred.

You Orzhov babbies are fucking spoiled, I'd run it in every single deck if I could (alongside Anguished Unmaking and Merciless Eviction, of course).
>>
>>52393013
She's even strictly worse than Tasigur to boot, bravo.
>>
>>52393081
>Merciless Eviction
this card is so godlike it's unbelievable. only like 50 cents too, god bless wotc

but yeah there aren't many of those things you mentioned in my meta, so it doesn't seem that necessary. i guess it's good to have it in the "sideboard" in case someone starts playing erebos against my lifegainy deck
>>
File: DECKS.png (702KB, 952x587px) Image search: [Google]
DECKS.png
702KB, 952x587px
>>52386263
Orkz definitely needs a little work, but it's alright for a first draft.
>>
>>52392911
Run Vindicate first, but UE's versatility to make THAT thing go away right now makes it fairly solid.
>>
>>52393090
I didn't imply otherwise, but the potential is there. Tasigur might not win with infinite mana if someone used kicked version of Sadistic Sacrament or something, since he's still dependant on graveyard and separate cards, while Ishkanah only needs herself.
>>
>>52393162
Honestly, I'd say you run Anguished Unmaking first, then Vindicate, then Utter End. AU has almost as much flexibility as Vindicate at the same cost and as an Instant.
>>
>>52393162
i actually opted out of using vindicate because it's not instant. i'm in a pretty casual and political meta and i prefer to wait and see if someone's creature/permanent is going to be problem for me before killing it. vindicate is kind of clumsy because you need to make a guess whether or not someone will smash you with their 23/23 managorger hydra.

vindicate would be nice for answering lands but fuck i already have no other removal for them so adding 1 at this point would be pissing into a forest fire
>>
>>52393202
>>52393187
I would recommend running praetor's grasp and dealing with potential problems before they become problems.
>>
>>52393202
>>52393187
I value the ability to hit lands pretty highly, I guess. The ability to nip a Cradle, Stronghold, or Academy Ruins in the bud and derail the value train is nice even if I just have the one answer to tutor for. I guess I could run Sinkhole for that but if I'm in Orzhov I don't see why I wouldn't take the card that could also answer a troublesome just about anything else, too.
>>
>>52393317
Oh, for sure. I'm in a meta where targeted LD isn't so necessary, so that component of Vindicate is just an occasional plus. I totally understand how in an area that actually runs good utility lands it'd be a big upgrade though.
>>
>>52392911
Do you run Anguished Unmaking already?
If no then it's not worth it, grab Anguished Unmaking first
If yes then you may want it
>>
File: 1486871156902.jpg (319KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1486871156902.jpg
319KB, 960x895px
>>52392866
>when you slam down Baan and you have solitary confinement, island sanctuary and 3 propaganda effects
They cried
>>
>>52393577
None of those stop people from attacking Dovin Baan.
>>
More toys for self-mill/reanimator decks: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/so-much-amonkhet-news-2017-03-27
>>
File: modern color chart.jpg (346KB, 1092x1348px) Image search: [Google]
modern color chart.jpg
346KB, 1092x1348px
EDHG, BUST OUT MICROSOFT PAINT, I NEED YOUR HELP CREATING OUR OWN VERSION OF THE COLOR CHART !
>>
Could someone post that iceberg meme with commanders? I saw it once, didn't save it and never saw it again.
>>
>>52393616
You'd be surprised how many people ASSUME they do, and don't even try to attack the planeswalker.
>>
File: confused black man.jpg (40KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.jpg
40KB, 505x431px
>>52393672
>simic players "okay"
>temur players "tryhards"
>>
File: FLAVOR TEXT.png (130KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
FLAVOR TEXT.png
130KB, 265x370px
CAT GOD HAS A NAME

Oketra
>>
File: 1489268027330.gif (28KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1489268027330.gif
28KB, 300x290px
>>52391543
>>52391255
>mfw I'm right and everyone else is wrong
Fuck yes I love being right.
>>
>>52393807
The one other anon posted says it's for Modern, and they want us to come together and make one for EDH.

Objectively correct comment for GU and GUx in EDH is either "no fun allowed" or "tryhard to the max"
>>
>>52393865
We need to add 4c and 5c to the chart

Also what would boros be?
>>
>>52393885
Same as Mardu I guess
>>
>>52393885
master race according to the chart
>>
>>52393885
New, almost exclusively.
>>
>>52393672
Autism.
For EDH, Boros and monowhite are hipsters and everyone else is tryhards, exept for Mardu, which are those already given up on life
>>
>>52393979
>exept for Mardu, which are those already given up on life

mardu is based

alesha is the spiciest reanimator in the world
>>
QUICK!

I need 10 creatures that could count as win conditions that are beyond simple to use.
Ive allowed ETB effects but no set specific mechanics, no effects that need to be remembered other than anthems (no when this creature dies/blocks or when you cast x) and no budget.
trying to build a deck that has very little rules text in the cards but without using vanilla creatures.
>>
just played my first game of commander on xmage against 3 other people and I managed to ramp up into a dragon with sol ring. So I swing with this dragon against one of the dudes and he goes into a complete autistic rant about how he's not the one I should be attacking. As soon as I do the damage he conceded but stays in the chatroom just continuing his shitfit. Is this normal?
>>
>>52394044
not really but there are a lot of morons on xmage
>>
>>52394040
>I've put a ridiculous amount of restrictions on myself but I expect other people to do the actual research for me
>>
>>52394066
I thought "a less toxic community" was one of the biggest selling points for Xmage over Cockatrice
>>
>"Embalm is an activated ability you can activate if the creature card with embalm is in your graveyard. Notably you're not casting the card from the graveyard, so things that counter spells won't work against the embalm ability. The original creature spell can be countered, of course, but that just puts the card in the graveyard. I think you see where this is headed.

>To activate an embalm ability, simply pay the embalm cost and exile the card. You do this any time you could cast a sorcery, meaning during your main phase when nothing else is happening. When the ability resolves, you create a token copy of the card, but as you'd expect, going through the process of mummification causes some changes. It's got that whole undead thing going on, so it's a Zombie in addition to whatever creature types it used to have. You'll find lots of ways to take advantage of its new Zombiehood, I'm sure. And now that it's all service, all the time and doesn't care about whatever it was it cared about while alive, it's white instead of whatever color it used to be. One more minor change is that it doesn't have the mana cost the card has.

>And, yes, every card that has embalm will have its own token. Like this Trueheart Duelist token."

Hmm, if we get a legendary with the embalm ability, we will not be able to send to command zone to use ability I believe
>>
>>52389646
Kick a rite of replication for 25 destruction triggers
>>
>>52394200
Probably a black variation in hour of devestation
>>
>>52393999
Yeah, sure, but Alesha is only commander worth playing in the colours. Zurgo is meme deck "lol ebin boardwipes XD" and Kaalia is retard bait. I guess Tariel is fine, but the goddamn mana cost is just too much, like seriously.
>>
>>52394246
Let me tell you about uncle oros the racist dragon
>>
>>52394266
I didn't forget him, he's just not worth mentioning. Besides, he doesn't discriminate against mulattos so he's not even a good racist since he supports race mixing.
>>
File: 1467827146295.gif (930KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1467827146295.gif
930KB, 384x288px
>>52394074
>research
>remembering cards off the top of your head
I'm so sorry professor for wasting your time
>>
>>52394200
Nah, you will. You'll pay the cost of "Exile it" which will just end up sending it to the Command Zone instead. No different than Balthor.
>>
>>52394328
>What is Gatherer
>>
File: EDHColorChart.png (1MB, 1092x2484px) Image search: [Google]
EDHColorChart.png
1MB, 1092x2484px
>>52393672
>>
>>52394200
Nah, you can.
Just let it get sent to GY as normal, then when you use the Embalm ability, instead of exiling it, send it to Command Zone.
The ability just makes a token copy of it to the field. Embalm is basically Séance but on each creature individually. (also the tokens made are Zombies in addition to other types, and are mono White instead of previous colors)
>>
>>52391129
Just play 1vs1 with normal rules, like a man
>>
>>52394348
how exactly do you search for
"doesnt have a lot of rules text" on gatherer?
>>
>>52394425
If you don't know how to search Gatherer for static effects and ETB triggers, maybe Magic is too complicated a game for you.
>>
>>52394449
>>52394348
Gatherer is shit
I like using XMAGE's
>>
>>52394449
>If you don't know how to search Gatherer for static effects and ETB triggers
thats not what im asking for you mong.
>>
>>52394492
You said you want a creature with "very little rules text, no abilities that you have to remember other than anthems, no set-specific mechanics", and you're okay with ETB effects.

That means your list is basically ETB effects and static effects (since you don't want any triggers other than on-cast).

Fuck, if you don't even know what you're asking for when you ask for it, this game is DEFINITELY too complicated for you.
>>
>>52394350
>BUG anything but annoying spikes

delet
>>
>>52394405
>play this way
>half the time the opponent is running lab maniac combo
it sure is disappointing to know whether you'll win or lose based on if you're running blue for counterspells or not
>>
>>52394509
>That means your list is basically ETB effects
or tap abilities or anything that is very easy to remember
I am building a deck for my brother so that he doenst stumble over remembering too much, and naturally the hardest part of that deck is trying to get it to win the game (however unlikely that will be)

Im just asking if anyone remembers cards they use that are simple, not bad but simple.

christ you are autistic.
>>
>>52394350
As a yore-tiller player, that's basically me. My robot waifus are my thopters.
>>
File: Bestedhfeels.jpg (177KB, 910x406px) Image search: [Google]
Bestedhfeels.jpg
177KB, 910x406px
>>52394521
>buhuu bad mean blue players don't let my timmy decks win
keep crying
>>
>>52394574
Not even him but do your own research dude, you'll never get better at the game if people are constantly spoonfeeding you.
>>
QUICK, WHAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN YOUR PLAYGROUP?
>>
>>52394574
>Christ you are autistic
...for reading your statement and repeating it back to you? Do you know what 'autistic' means?

You showed up and asked us to spoon-feed you a tenth of your own decklist because you can't be fucked to look things up yourself.
>>
>>52394598
overloaded cyclonic rift
>>
File: 1460803902282.jpg (517KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1460803902282.jpg
517KB, 1080x1350px
>>52394598
I accidentally killed myself because of stuffy doll, but had just cast emrakul the promised end, so I was able to use one last turn as an opponent to kill everyone, including the guy I was controlling, all at once from beyond the grave.
>>
>>52394598
Off the top of my head, I remember a recent game where a single player bounced another player's temporal trespass back to their hand 4 times in a single game with stuff like venser and unsubstantiate. Also another time a few years back where someone got killed by a goblin test pilot activation.
>>
>>52394615
>Do you know what 'autistic' means?
>if you ask a question that I dont like I will reeeeeeeeee at you and insult your intelligence
I see you have no problem interacting in a social situation or understanding basic context.
>>
>>52394598
>friend counterspells me early game
>he builds up big board nasty creatures
>i cast board wipe while leaving 4 mana up
>he casts another counterspell
>i cast memory plunder and uses his old counterspell against his counterspell

his face was priceless
>>
>>52394659
Except that doesn't work. When you lost, you left the game.
>>
>>52394659
You're aware that's not how that works right?
>>
File: 1345126101682.gif (375KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1345126101682.gif
375KB, 400x300px
>>52394598
>Opponent goes off for infinite life and infinite 1/1 tokens
>Make him choose a finite number. Says 50,000 of each.
>The Combo ends
>Flash in Massacre worm
>mfw
>>
>>52394659
If you leave the game, delayed effects you control don't happen. So you don't get to control anyone and you cheated.
>>
>>52394668
Oh, it's not a "question I don't like" and I'm not "reeeeing" at you.

You literally asked us to spoon-feed you a deck because you can't be fucked to do it yourself.
>>
>>52394689
>>52394693
>>52394698
it was xmage that cheated, not me, that's just what xmage decided
>>
File: Thats Not How it Works.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Thats Not How it Works.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>52394702
>You literally asked us to spoon-feed you a deck because you can't be fucked to do it yourself.
I asked for 10 or so creatures that can end games but dont have a lot of rules text or that you find easy to remember.
You know, just because its easy for me to remember x,y and z doenst mean everyone is in the same boat.
thats hardly building a deck for me.
>>
>>52394350
Not bad. Rakdos should be "suicidal edgelords" or "look at my demons AND dragobs". I run a mogis wound reflection OTK build and it's hilariously fun.
>>
>>52394702
you're clearly an autist, the dude just wanted to talk
>>
>>52394775
You asked to have literally 10% of the deck handed to you

Because you can't be fucking bothered to look things up yourself

In what universe is that not spoon-feeding?
>>
>>52394791
No, he wanted to be spoonfed.
>>
>>52394775
>>52394040
OK, I'll bite just so this goes away. Here are five options off the top of my head. Since you didn't specify color, you get ALL OF THEM.

Craterhoof
Lab Man
Phage
Magister Sphinx
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
>>
>>52394840
>Craterhoof
>simple
dude we still have to crack out the calculator some times with that guy
>>
>>52394791
>QUICK!

>I need 10 creatures that could count as win conditions that are beyond simple to use.
How exactly is that just talking?
>>
>>52394840
Forgot Mold Demon and Herald of Leshrac.
>>
>>52394863
>How exactly is that just talking?
its a shit conversation starter but still a conversation starter
>>
>>52394840
If this dude thinks "When ~ attacks" triggers are 'too complicated', you really think Lab Maniac or Niv-Mizzet are good suggestions?
>>
>>52394878
No, it's not a "conversation starter", it's a demand for spoonfeeding. There's no "conversation" to be had, he just wants people to tell him cards that he'll undoubtedly shoot down for not meeting some invisible criteria he didn't share.
>>
>>52394840
thanks man
craterhoof and magister sphinx are def good and simple.
>>
>>52394878
Yeah, no. He just asked for cards, no conversation. Literally begging to be spoonfed.
>>
>>52394926
He gets the shit off the top of my head. I ain't spending my time applying more and more "Rules text does not contain" filters to a gatherer search.

>>52394868
>Mold Demon
Is it wrong that I'm tempted to throw that into Gitrog for shits and giggles now? I'm already running Wood Elemental just to watch how people seize up when the fucker comes out.
>>
>>52394878
It's literally asking to be spoonfed. Anyways I'm out of this argument so you retards can keep it up, just know that you're wrong.
>>
File: 1464832632877.jpg (75KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
1464832632877.jpg
75KB, 480x680px
My meta is filled with creatures(goblins, slivers, zoo etc.) so I was thinking of a Zurgo boardwipe.dec. Any secret tech besides Assault suit and pick related?
>>
>>52395063
Worldslayer
>>
>>52395063
Traitor's Clutch, Temur Battle Rage.
>>
File: 1462596028496.jpg (135KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
1462596028496.jpg
135KB, 464x664px
>>52395063
>>
>>52395063

blood mist
>>
>>52394860
i'm sorry you are bad at math, anon
>>
File: 1477498937074.png (375KB, 448x458px) Image search: [Google]
1477498937074.png
375KB, 448x458px
>>52395184
>>52395165
>>52395088
>>52395081
Thank you, I think that I have all the tech I need.
Please take a look though!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fun-in-arms/
>>
>>52395223
i no...
>>
>>52389646
Here's my take on Reaper King.

I hope it helps you in whatever way :)

Haven't updated it in a few years though

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reap-in-pieces/
>>
File: sixthsense.jpg (49KB, 263x367px) Image search: [Google]
sixthsense.jpg
49KB, 263x367px
would you run it? where?
>>
>>52389646
I built mine as basically Clone Tribal with a small handful of Scarecrows and Changelings. It's effectively a BUG deck with a splash of green.
>>
>>52395340
Fuck- I meant a UBR deck with a splash of green. My bad.
>>
File: Keen Sense.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Keen Sense.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>52395223
Yup

>count damage that would be dealt before buffs: X
>count number of creatures: N
>count number of attacking creatures: Y
>add X + N * Y = Damage Dealt

>>52395301
Nowhere, it's strictly worse than Keen Sense and barely anyone is playing that (except in Borborygmos Enraged).
>>
>>52395230
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fun-in-arms/
Nice budget.

I'd like to see some better Wraths. Damnation would be all the money compared to the price of the deck otherwise, but classic Wrath of God shouldn't be. Catastrophe mainboard.

Do you really see yourself having the artifacts for Dispatch? Just run Swords, 21 commander damage (aka 3 Zurgo hits) is gg whether they're on 19 life or 99

I'd run fewer lands (35) and more good (Cost 2 or less) Mana rocks like Coldsteel Heart and the Diamonds. Being hardcore voltron you're going to have a tough time living through incidental heat, especially in a casual meta where Aggro (or at least midrange) is a thing.

Which brings me to my next point: Armageddon. If you have enough artifact mana and/or hold back some lands so you can still get Zurgo out, nothing protects him from sorcery removal on that anemic 2 toughness quite like your foes having no mana to kill him with. I'd really like to see 'Geddon and/or Ruination.
>>
>>52395364
i would go further to group it x+(N*Y) so they dont try and add x and n
>>
>>52395364
It's used in Boggles and I played it in 4c Vial-Smasher Delver.
>>
>>52395301
Ophidian Eye is kinda good because you can flash it onto an unblocked creature and nearly guarantee it at least refunding its own CA.

Curiosity is good because it's an insta-kill with Niv or generic fun with something like Guttersnipe.

Keen Sense, despite just being a cross-color of Curiosity, is a lot less good because it doesn't figure into an instant win combo.

Sixth sense is Keen Sense minus the best synergy Keen had (Say with Guttersnipe in a Wort spellslinger). It's pretty much garbage.
>>
>>52395405
Well I wasn't really considering non EDH archetypes, but playing it in Vial Smasher seems pretty clever.
>>
>>52395503
It was okay. Made Vial-Smasher a priority removal target but generated a bunch of value.
>>
>>52394598
5 perplexing chimeras
That or flinging my commander when the guy with necropotence shaves himself down to exact power.
>>
File: IMG_8045.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8045.png
149KB, 223x311px
>graduate
>as a gift i can get any magic deck i want
>want voltron cat lady

so what's some spicy tech and nessesary cards i should put in?
>>
>>52395577
Puresteel Paladin, Sram, Brass Squire, and Intangible Virtue.
>>
>>52395577
Sigarda's Aid especially, and maybe Quietus Spike for the fun.
>>
>>52395577
Run Sram instead.
>>
>>52395301
>Combat damage
Any G/W/x enchantment voltron I guess
>>
>>52395577
The Swords, Mana Vault/Crypt, Jitte, Ancient Tomb, Mox Opal.
>>
>>52395673
Sram is worse for mono-W equip voltron imo
All he does is make equipment cantrip, which he can easily do from the 99 with a better voltron target as commander.
Plus, there are a few other cards that also make equips cantrip like Puresteel Paladin, or even ones that cantrip on artifacts in general
>>
>>52395763
You underestimate having a Puresteel Paladin/Kor Spiritdancer in the command zone. What exactly does Kemba get you that sram doesn't? Cats? So what? Card draw in mono-white comes at a premium, and is far more valuable than a few cats a turn. She also costs one more to cast, and therefore comes down a turn later, delaying the clock on your opponents.
>>
>>52388680
Anon, I have made over 40 decks in the last year alone. I look them apart because they were either (a. boring or (b. took really expensive cards to work well in my meta.

Right now I'm considering four decks.

>Mono G Spirit Tribal (Iname, Life Aspect)
>Mono W Stax (Hokori, Dust Drinker)
>Mono R Warrior/Berserker/Barbarian Tribal (Lovisa Coldeyes)
>UW Combo (Rasputin Dreamweaver)
>>
>>52395763
>All he does is make equipment cantrip
And mono-white's single greatest weakness is lack of card draw. Having a draw engine in your Command Zone is a lot more useful than something that makes tokens, considering how easily white can already do that.
>>
>>52395763
Anon the only thing kemba has over sram is giant furry tits. A body with no potection or evasion that bunch of random tokens doesn't support the voltron strategy at all. on the other hand, sram, while he doesn't have the qualities good for voltron, he helps solves the card draw problem white has.
>>
File: weird art for a sweeper.jpg (62KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
weird art for a sweeper.jpg
62KB, 336x469px
What is everyone's opinions on board wipes and their mana costs.

when is 6 mana too much for a wipe? What turns do you usually wait until you can board wipe? Is 4 mana the gold standard? Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't have enough life to kill something with a Toxic Deluge?

Trying to figure out if pic related is worth keeping in my deck or if I should work on obtaining a Supreme Verdict or Toxic Deluge to replace it.
>>
>>52394598
Blue player combos out, realises he doesn't have lab maniac in play or any way to get him into play, loses.

[S]the blue player was me [/s]
>>
>>52395577
>any deck you want
>getting the boring shit-cat of all things
that said, godsend is pretty nice on her
>>
>>52395763
Anon, you run Krark-Clan Ironworks to eat the shitty artifacts. You spin the wheel, you sac the artifact, you spin the wheel again with the mana you got and you keep going until Sram shits out so many artifacts that he one shots someone. You run the 1 and 0 cost equipment to come out ahead. For added fuckery, Sensei's Top
>>
>>52394449
Man this comment is whats wrong with you people. YOU PEOPLE.
>>
>>52396272
i have finished zada, jihoria
Inwanted a voltron deck and she seemed like the most interesting
>>
Alright so I'm throwing together a Dralnu deck and I'm CONSIDERING putting in a Doomsday package (I know Doomsday packages are strong; I'm considering maybe not doing it because it's probably "dick move" territory for my group).

If I choose to do so, what is the typical Doomsday package I want to set up?
>>
>>52396258
4 mana wipe is ideal. If you're paying 6 for a wipe, it needs to be worth it in either versatility or reactionary...ness.

Rebirth is wonky because it gives you a big dumb beater that's probably gonna eat a Path or get chump blocked by the time you can swing with it. Merciless Eviction and Austere Command are good 6-wraths because of their flexibility to deal with threats.
>>
>>52396015
but that's the best reason to run her
>>
>>52396301
Having played them both, both with and against, I think old sigarda is much better, perhaps even the pinnacle of voltron commanders.
>>
File: true love.jpg (166KB, 815x496px) Image search: [Google]
true love.jpg
166KB, 815x496px
>>52395906
>>52395673
>>52395577
>>52396015
All y'all ain't shit.
>>
>>52396365
Old Sigarda is the absolute best, both for Equipment voltron and for Aura voltron.
>>
>>52394598
Me flashing in last laugh, after someone combo'ed out for a million 1/1 tokens.

I then sac'ed commanders sphere[]
>>
>>52396305
anything into Lab Maniac is generally how it goes
>>52396258
>>52396258
I think six mana is still good for boardwipes, but four is nearly always better

some boardwipes I like to run that are above 4 mana:
Merciless Eviction
Rout
Fumigate
that dumb blue overload card
Mass Calcify
>>
>>52396365
>>52396388
>>52395673
im not running her because she is the best
i'm running her because she is cool
>>
>>52396365
I fucking love Sigarda.

The amount of work it takes to remove her just infuriates people.
>>
>>52396438
I don't think she's all that cool either desu
if you're going for someone cool and fun Uril fits the bill

it's fun giving him double strike, lifelink and enchanting him with spirit loop to gain ~40 life each combat
>>
>>52396486
that's just like
your option man
>>
Terrible first draft of a Dralnu control deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-o-i-t-a-g-a-i-n/
>>
>>52396305
Gitaxian Probe, Predict, Lab Maniac, Unearth, Street Wraith

Gush, Frantic Search, Street Wraith, Lab Maniac, Street Wraith

Ideas Unbound, Lion's Eye Diamond, Sensei's Divining Top, Gitaxian Probe, Lab Maniac

If you have one of the pieces in your hand already, you can add a Pact of Negation to the doomsday piles for counterspell backup.

Some other doomsday cards are Thought Scour, Brainstorm, Chromatic Sphere.

The Chromatic Sphere draw trigger doesn't use the stack, as it is part of a mana ability, meaning you can't respond to Laboratory Maniac winning the game, it's utter bullshit, but it works
>>
>>52396557
Seems strong.

My main complaint is that I generally don't like games ending via an "I instantly win" combo, even if I'm the one winning with them, so I'm unsure if I really WANT to put Doomsday in the deck. Without that though, I feel like my best option is Rise from the Tides, and that doesn't feel much better.
>>
>>52396486
I have a personal vendetta against Uril because it's just an un-fun deck overall. It boils down to "just give him a few buffs and pro-creatures and you one shot people on turn 4"
>>
File: bear.jpg (22KB, 298x299px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
22KB, 298x299px
>>52396336
>>52396434
I agree with the value a 6 mana board wipe needs. I already have Merciless Eviction in the deck since it came with it Atraxa. and it's gonna stay in the deck. Phyrexian Rebirth is cool on a visual and flavor level with the deck but yeah, it's a weird card. Forgot about Fumigate though.

Okay, new question. If I had to buy only one, should I go with Cyclonic Rift or Toxic Deluge as a second weird wipe? Or would supreme verdict, merciless eviction, and maybe a wrath of god be a safer package?
>>52396438
>>52396486
>anon likes something
>I don;t like thing, I like this thing, you should run this thing instead
Let the dude have fun, bro.
>>
>>52395383
Thank you. I take pride in building budget only decks!
>>
>>52396600
Yup, if you have no cards in your library, Chromatic Sphere on the board, and Lab Maniac resolves, you win the game without ever losing priority. Your opponents have to just sit there and watch.
>>
>>52396258
this seems pretty good for kemba
>kill everything
>bunch of tokens on the field cause of kemba
>re attach all your equipment to the spawn
>>
>>52395673
>>52395763
>Sram
God damn, every time i hear this card's name i laugh.
In my language it basically means "i'm shitting right now"
>>
>>52396653
I might go ahead and do that, because even without that the deck I'd thought of building for Dralnu was just hella control. Guess it's not much different, and I can just break it out occasionally for slightly-more-serious games.

I'll have to trim a few things from the god-awful first draft I posted to fit in a Doomsday package.
>>
>>52396668
Yeah, Rebirth is just solid when a token deck in the game still.
>>
>>52396609
You should ALWAYS run Cyclonic Rift.

And Toxic Deluge is also the best boardwipe in the game. Particularely Atraxa does not have any life problems at all due to her vigilance + lifelink pretty much guaranteeing nobody will attack you while you swing for 4-10 each turn.

The answer is to run both. Merciless is also good. The other two aren't necessary but Supreme Verdict is also top tier.
>>
>>52396486
I once made an Uril voltron deck.
It was the least fun deck I have ever piloted.

I can't comprehend how anyone can find that playstyle fun.
>>
>>52396258
>playing Esper
>using one of the shitty white wipes instead of Supreme Verdict, Merciless Execution, Toxic Deluge, Wrath of God, Damnation, Austere Command or even Cyclonic Rift, Evacuation or Rout

What are you even doing, man
>>
File: 1471472879509.png (353KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
1471472879509.png
353KB, 480x550px
>>52396835
Alright. How often do you guys hardcast the overloaded though? I have it in my Mizzix deck but to be honest I haven't gotten a lot of mileage out of my mizzix deck and Rift is already super broke in that one.
>>52396874
>What are you even doing, man
Paying bills and writing lists of cards to eventually obtain with every other paycheck.
>>
>>52397070
>HOw often do you guys hardcast the overloaded though?
That's literally the only way -to- Overload it, is by hard-casting it. And that's the only mode you should be using. It's better to think of it as a 7 cost spell that in a pinch can be cast for 2 to hit one thing.
>>
>>52397070
I overload it pretty much every time, casting it for 2 is terrible, but sometimes necessary (for instance, getting swung at by a 40/40 double strike trample and you have no other removal).
>>
>>52395577
>eberyone talking shit on cat tiddys
for why?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jarad-combo-budget-1/

What else should I add?
>>
>>52397195
Some hand disruption.
>Mind Twist
>Mind Shatter
>Syphon Mind
>Duress
are all budget friendly

Board Wipes/removal
>Toxic Deluge
>Pernicious Deed

>A few Edict effects like Innocent Blood

GY Hate
>Crypt Incursion hits creatures and gives you a life buffer
>Tormod's Crypt
>Leyline of the Void
stay away from Relic since it hits you too

I'm the same person who has now replied 3 times, help this man out, /edhg/
>>
>>52397329
Apologies for pestering about it, thank you for the suggestions. I'll add them promptly
>>
File: 100.jpg (73KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
73KB, 336x469px
>>52397195
Elvish Visionary and LLanowar elves is better than just Llanowar elves. Basically any mana dork you can get a hold of might be handy. Joraga Treespeaker is a bit pricey now but if you somehow max her out pssstt put in Winding Constrictor then all your elves are suddenly dorks.

Maybe some of the BG elves from Lorwyn or Origins to pump out some value? Shaman of the Pack seems good in this deck with it's ETB effect. This guy might help get Jarad out sooner.
>>
>>52397186
Because it was a bit of a shitty deck in the first place, and Sram does exactly what Kemba wants to do (cast a fuckload of swords and go ham) way, way, way better.
>>
On the topic of 6 CMC boardwipes.

Don't forget Terminus.
>>
>>52397633
Terminus is strong because it fucks shit up (no regeneration, no mass reanimation, no Unearth, etc) AND because it can be whipped out for 1.

That said, unless you have ways to reliably manipulate things so you can Terminus for 1 outside blind luck during your draw step, I'd go for Hallowed Burial instead.
>>
File: bromaz.jpg (33KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
bromaz.jpg
33KB, 277x401px
>>52397598
Kemba wants to get big and make an army.

Sram just keeps the tempo up and wants to get big or make something else get big.

They're similar but do different things and Sram looks like the more boring one to play between the two despite being faster.

I think enchantress Sram is more interesting than equipment Sram. If I'm playing equipment then I'm gonna want Sram in the 99 instead.
>>
>>52397663
Yup, if your deck plays Vampiric Tutor, Lim-Dûl's Vault, Sensei's Divining top, Mystical Tutor, etc, then you should be playing Terminus.

Flipping a Terminus when another player declares attack with Sensei's Divining Top is fucking great.
>>
File: 310.gif (5MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
310.gif
5MB, 480x360px
>>52397674
>The one that draws you cards to keep your sword-engine going is boring
>The one that just shits out 2 or 3 2/2 cats every turn so you can poorly attempt to go wide AND tall at the same time is interesting
>>
>>52397070
You can get like half of those for less than a buck
>>
>>52395917
Any suggestions on what I should build out of those four?

Any secret tech for them?
>>
>>52394598

Funny for me? Or funny funny?

Funny for me is being the Brago asshole doing Brago things. Altar of the Brood is out, I kick Rite of Replication on Jace's Mindseeker. Someone looses a fuckton of cards. Of the, like, 25 he lost, I get to steal some spell that fishes a spell from my graveyard. Attack with Brago, flicker all my shit and mill everyone again for like 15. Kick Rite again. Steal another 25 cards from the same friend. Manage to get again something that gets rite back or to go off one last time. It was stupid, I felt really dickish, everyone scooped, grabbed more beers and we went again.
>>
>>52397764
where can I buy Toxic Deluge and Supreme Verdict for less than a dollar and not having to worry about shipping costing the same as one of those cards, anon? I ain't worried about Cyclonic Rift since it's dropped to like 3 mcburgerbucks with shipping included mostly.

I swear if you say china men.
>>
>>52397887
I didn't say any half you nignog, half as in the worst half
>>
>>52397598
kemba wants to be cat tribal
/voltron
sram wants to be boring ass voltron

also sram dosent have stacked cat tittys
>>
>>52398068
Kemba wants to do two things poorly instead of one thing well.
>>
>>52394510
BUG is best for the maximum fun zombie tribal. Sidisi is mah girl.
>>
>>52398137
Eeeeeeeh. Sidisi's not even that good a Zombie engine, and you don't get a ton of Zombie support dipping into green.
>>
>>52398164
>and you don't get a ton of Zombie support dipping into green
You do get Craterhoof, Overrun and friends.
>>
>>52398201
None of which is zombie support. It's generic token support. And if your plan is to just go sideways with Craterhoof, you might as well ditch the Zombie plan and make Saprolings an other 1/1s because you can get more 1/1s than you can 2/2s at the same cost.
>>
>>52398164
I mention her simply because the added green for ramp lets me play lots of stupid spells that I wouldn't run otherwise. As the other anon said, overrun effects are nice and help close out the game. Playing Sidisi, I usually end up with an army pretty fast and pump them up even faster.
>>
>>52398095
>anon likes card cause it's cool
>asks for help
>every retard in the thread "HURRR NO OTHER CARDS ARE BETTER"
no shit other cards are better
no one fucking asked what cards was better

if everyone only wanted the best cards then ever single deck would be the same

there is a reason this is EDH
because people play to have fun and to do what they want

"hurrrrr why not just play zur triple cascade and combo out turn 2"
>>
>>52398164
>>52398297
The green is also nice for the Kozilek + Mesmeric Orb combo because it gives me plenty of mana and a few extra utility pieces to work with.
>>
>>52398325
>No one fucking asked what cards was better
When you ask "How can I make this deck as good as possible", "Build it correctly" is a valid answer.
>>
Why do retards insist on running Relentless Rats EDH decks?
>>
>>52398425
EDH is the format people come to for gimmicks.
>>
>>52398425
Why not?

I don't run one, but I have a friend who does. Why shouldn't he?
>>
>>52398425
Because Thrumming Stone is legal in the format and the dream is to puke out 25 rats in one turn.
Shadowborn Apostle decks similarly, but those are at least usually demon tribal to some degree.
>>
>>52398454
They're boring and defeat the purpose of EDH.
>>
>>52398482
>They're boring
Subjective opinion
>And defeat the purpose of EDH
The purpose of EDH is to have fun with goofy shit. You're conflating the rule-set with the purpose.
>>
>>52398482
Boring is subjective. Some people find combo/voltron/token/whatever decks boring to play against.

I find specific decks boring/unfun to play against. (If I ever see warp world/great aurora again, it will be too soon)

but I wont ask or stop someone from playing them.
>>
File: inferno.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.png
135KB, 223x311px
>play maelstrom deck with 25 fun gruul fatties
>get hated off the table before ever reaching 7 mana because i "might cascade into something crazy"
>meanwhile jeleva player or nekusar player about to go off and verily, he snowballs to a victory

this happens so often that it's unbelievable

something about 6/6 fatties with haste just triggers some irrational fear in people i guess
>>
File: faggot.jpg (242KB, 960x827px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
242KB, 960x827px
>>52398068
>>52397674
Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>52398425
speaking of this, anyone play a shadowborn apostle deck?

is it fun, what are good wincons?
>>52398563
its great if you do the math, and people are still triggered.

"If we had 10+ turns, i could have killed everyone with this 6/6, instead nekasaur is killing us in 3"

good use of that PoE
>>
>>52398605
>what are good wincons?
Last Laugh, Blood Artist, Zulaport Cutthroat
>>
>>52397465
>>52397329
thank you, i made adjustments accordingly

maybe sadistic and nath i should add as well? and maybe immaculate magistrate and timberwatch?
>>
>>52398425
rats are way more fun to play against than cancerous monored or instant win combo
>>
>>52398605
>>speaking of this, anyone play a shadowborn apostle deck?
>is it fun, what are good wincons?

i reckon gray merchant can do some work in that deck
>>
File: lifeline.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lifeline.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52398605
i also reckon that this card can also do some work in apostles
>>
>>52398627
Go for it. I would also say maybe put in Phyrexian arena for some draw power but with all the life loss happening in the deck already maybe look for some cards that can gain you life as well to offset the suicide black strength.
>>
>>52398605
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker as commander, generic Demon goodstuff for creatures, generic Black goodstuff for other filler.
Gary is good, Lifeline is good, Blood Artist effects are good, Grave Pact effects are good, etc
>>
What are some good bombs in Esper Reanimator that are under $10 a piece? Looking to build zur reanimator, and I have everything except the haymakers I win with.

So far I have the praetor's and gearhulks, but the latter aren't really bombs. I also have kederekt Leviathan for the combo with the reanimation enchantments I am running.
>>
>>52398563
Do they think that you've got Kiki-Mite in there and that your deck is much scarier than it really is, or do they know it's just big dumb beaters and have terrible threat assessment?
>>
File: nahiri.jpg (128KB, 750x640px) Image search: [Google]
nahiri.jpg
128KB, 750x640px
>>52398581
Whatever, man. I don't even play those commanders. I run em in the 99 though.
>>
>>52398738
Inkwell Leviathan for those Slurpee beats.

Two-Punch Steve (Magister Sphinx) is an option. Sphinx of the Steel Wind too. Also, the original Akroma.
>>
>>52398605
>>its great if you do the math, and people are still triggered.
>"If we had 10+ turns, i could have killed everyone with this 6/6, instead nekasaur is killing us in 3"
>good use of that PoE

there's this weird thing with my decks that apparently everyone is super spooked of them in my group, but then i rarely actually win. i'm typically the "i don't know who to attack or blow this removal at, so you're it" guy because i run a lot of telegraphed threats and stuff. other players in my group tend to play battlecruisery and usually barely build a board in the first 4 turns or so, whereas i always tend to ramp out to a powerful board by turn 5. but then my board inevitably gets fucked and so do i.

it's partially my fault because i tend to just play my cards out without thinking too much of the consequences (like dropping a grave pact without being able to hatefuck everyone with it immediately afterwards) but geez i sometimes wonder if there's something more to it. i'm probably going to start keeping track of my wins and losses and seeing who actually wins the most and who the least in my group.

>>52398739
no infinite combos or any real kill-everyone-blowouts. if the cascade is just right, i think i can one-shot 1 player with some very 0,5% combination of cards, like pathbreaker ibex and xenagos with my commander.

the deck is good at hatefucking one player out of existence but in a multiplayer setting it just can't do much.
>>
>>52398820
So it's just big dumb face-wreckers and outside of some very specific board states all your Cascade does is "hit someone hard" rather than "Kill one person outright", let alone "kill everyone"

So your group just has god-awful threat assessment.
>>
>>52398349
"what is some spicy tec" =/= "how do i make this as good as possible" you fucking inbred
>>
>>52394246
Queen Marchesa is the tits
>>
>>52398927
Part of me thinks it'd be better to build Queen Marchesa Control over building Dralnu Control.
>>
>>52398687
i filled it out more, but problem is i went over budget now. do i keep to the budget or do i not count what i have already?
>>
>>52399214
Just making sure I grok the question:

You're asking if you don't factor "cards I already own" into the 'budget' of a budget deck? That's really a personal choice. If you want to say "this deck costs less than N dollars", and cards you already own would put it over, then skip it, but also be aware that you'd pretty much have to check the price of every card in the deck weekly and adjust it if it goes over.

If your definition of budget is "I can build this deck with N dollars and cards I own", fuck it, keep em in.
>>
>>52389952
What about opalescence?
>>
>>52399434
Terrible option in Daxos, since it kills the tokens.
>>
New thread buckeroos. Migrate at your leisure.

>>52400788
>>52400788
>>
>>52395301
I will put that in a voltron deck
>>
>>52398629
>mono red
>cancer
>Not Izzet spellslinging
>Not Simic Goodstuff
>Not mono blue artifacts

no, you chose monored. Goddamn /tg/ sucks at magic
>>
File: my baby.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
my baby.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52386263
I CAN'T BE STOPPED! THE WALLS ARE BIG! THEY'RE THICK! THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL!
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.