[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 50

File: theyallhereticsjohnyl.jpg (507KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
theyallhereticsjohnyl.jpg
507KB, 1024x768px
There can be only one 40k general edition

Previous thread: (2 many of those)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: 14546947947.jpg (402KB, 1536x950px) Image search: [Google]
14546947947.jpg
402KB, 1536x950px
Post your favourite 40k artwork.
>>
File: 1434340875167.png (466KB, 1500x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1434340875167.png
466KB, 1500x1020px
First for Tau
>>
>>52360442
>I2
>>
Third for I don't even fucking know, I just want a normal thread FFS.
>>
>>52360447
Initiative going away
>>
File: 145694370454.png (188KB, 419x461px) Image search: [Google]
145694370454.png
188KB, 419x461px
>>52360442
>>
First fer Orkz (orkz can't cow' nt)
>>
Reposting because the old thread was abandoned while I was typing:

Currently sitting on ~20 Marines with various Power Weapons and Chainswords, roughly as many Bolter Dudes with a handful of Heavy/Special Weapons, 10 Scouts, a Dreadnought, a Rhino, a Drop Pod, 2 LRCs, a Command Squad and a unit of assault terminators as well as Grimaldus and the Emperor's Champion.

Was wondering what else my Black Templars could possibly need in tthe forseeable future to cover most of my bases other than their own codex, good rules and an improved assault rules.
>>
>>52360447
Well, being the second one is a good thing sometimes
>>
>>52360453
>Tau will strike first on a charge
>Necrons can now be an assault army

I don't want to live in a world like this.
>>
Is there a way to get just the nuNecromunda rulebook, without having to purchase a metric fuckton of orks and terrain I don't need?
>>
>>52360436
>I5
>>52360442
>I2
>>52360450
>Unwieldy (I1)
>>
>>52360442
>tau bitch
>having full head of hair
>having eyelashes
>having tits
>having curves
They look like shrivelled old wrinkly balding japanese men with top knots
>>
>>52360490
I may be unwieldy but that also means I have the most smashing power!
>>
File: 1395784352480.png (298KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1395784352480.png
298KB, 500x628px
>>52360478
Then play 7e still - where is the problem?
>>
>>52360478
>actual melee armies that used to benefit from their high initiative now have no advantage from it
Just when you think GW might turn things around, they come up with ideas to make next edition even worse
>>
>>52360476
Literally when
>>
>>52360516
I honestly wouldn't have an issue with charging adding +2 to Initiative or something instead of removing it.
>>
>>52360530
It should only be +1.

Then they can have a very short simple rule that says "models get +1 to their Attacks and Initiative in a turn they charge".
>>
>>52360478
Yeah, it's just SO GREAT in the current system where you can take all of the risks of charging, get shot in overwatch, and then strike last. It makes low initiative assault armies just so good. That's why Orks and Tyranids are just smashing the meta right now.
>>
>Initiative being removed
Never was that even hinted at anywhere, stop the fearmongering.
>>
>>52360530
Yeah, that'd be pretty neat. Otherwise i don't see a real point in playing any of the traditionally close combat armies.
>>
>>52360523
When you are a male and having sex with female. At least I'm okay with this
>>
>>52360565
Tyranids have high initiative. This change hurts them.
>>
>>52360530
Except they won't do something logical like that, they'll just pull rules out of AoS.
>>
>>52360566
Did the leaked necromunda stats have I?
>>
Favourite 40k Podcasts? Looking for something to listen to. Already listen to Canhammer and Allies of Convenience (when they actually publish), and something else with a competitive focus would be interesting.
>>
File: emprahsgreenest.jpg (984KB, 730x1310px) Image search: [Google]
emprahsgreenest.jpg
984KB, 730x1310px
>>52360436
>>
>>52360565
Yes let's break the core rules to buff Orks instead of just... buffing Orks.

It sure makes more sense for Orks charging my Genestealers to strike first! Fuck you.
>>
>>52360582
>Implying tyranids ever get to charge at a unit out of terrain
>Implying tyranids ever get to charge

And no, it only hurts them if they're the unit not making the charge, and then it only does so for 1 round of combat. It's such a tiny change, if you're seriously going to charge at a good assault unit ,you're probably not the best player to begin with.
>>
>>52360566
>What is Age of Sigmar

>>52360582
Not when charging through any terrain piece or cover to be fair

I wonder if they'll scrap terrain entirely. In Sigmar Terrain basically doesn't exist and you just walk over it and sometimes it provides casting or leadership de/buffs
>>
>>52360453
Only on the turn you charge. Just like in WHFB.
>>
>>52360613
Why exactly?

You think there is no conceivable way that charging Orks could ever, within the fluff, land the first hits on Genestealers?
>>
First for Necron Trannies!
>>
>>52360613
Dude your genestealers have like Move 7 and probably a "can run and charge in the same turn" rule, while orks have move 5, if you get charged it's your fault
>>
>>52360616
>>52360629
So then they can change the rule for terrain instead of letting Guardsmen hit before Hormagaunts, Warriors, and Genestealers.

And it still hurts them if they're the unit making the charge because they're paying for higher initiative that doesn't FUCKING DO ANYTHING if they're already hitting first anyways.
>>
File: 14679780758.jpg (758KB, 1024x1606px) Image search: [Google]
14679780758.jpg
758KB, 1024x1606px
>>52360606
I've always wanted to make a Blood Axe army that's been hired as mercenaries by some dubious planetary governor on the outskirts of the Imperium, who've taken to copying their human allies just a little bit too much.
>>
>>52360639
Of fucking course not, do you even read the fluff?

Why do you think Genestealers are Initiative 6 and Orks are Initiative 2? You think they just threw darts at a dartboard to pick those stats, that they don't represent anything?

An Ork hitting before a Genestealer is like a Grot punching harder than an Ogryn.

>>52360645
>Genestealers charge into Ork lines
>Kill a bunch
>Next turn Ork player charges back
>Somehow gets to strike first now even though the Genestealers would still be faster than them
>>
>>52360512
Finding opponents, etc. I mean, try finding a game of 4th edition 40k or whatever the last good edition of fantasy was (5th? 6th?).
>>
>>52360512
>Implying everyone doesn't always move onto the new edition
>>
>>52360678
YES! Ork Commissars!
>>
>>52360613
Yes, it means that positioning to get the charge on your turn is meaningful, i.e. introduces tactical depth. Not to mention that it makes no sense in the current rules for a unit charging in, taking the risk to do so is effectively punished.

>>52360648
Or they could do both. Again, it actually introduces positioning elements into the game.
>>
>>52360629
Age of Sigmar is the sequel game to the popular Warhammer Fantasy Battle. After a rough start, it received the General's Handbook as a large rules update last year that heavily improved the gameplay. It is currently among the 5 most successful tabletop strategy games on the market.
It does not have a rule allowing chargers to go first in assaults and has an entirely different assault system compared to its sister game, Warhammer 40.000.
>>
>>52360702
>*Kommizar
>>
>>52360645
>Dude your genestealers have like Move 7 and probably a "can run and charge in the same turn" rule, while orks have move 5, if you get charged it's your fault
This is a retarded argument, 40k isn't an RTS game where you can be microing the faster units to always be taking advantage of their speed. By nature of being turn-based it's going to catch things out of position - this is exactly the problem that initiative is supposed to fix by giving the faster units the edge of striking first as they should.
>>
>>52360695
Then find people with same opinion about new edition as yours if it is so important to you
>>52360699
Then be the first one who stay in old edition and try to make your own group
>>
>>52360565
>>52360565
Overwatch should halve initiative (rounding down) if you use it. Meaning you're more likely to be run down, and you've given up some of your combat power in order to use it. It means very high I means more since I6 strikes at guardspeed after overwatch, and I4 strikes with orks after overwatch, but I3 strikes after unless they don't overwatch.
>>
>>52360720
Which they will have the next turn. Because Chargering units strike first, then follow initiative. You know like Warhammer fantasy. Like they said in the Adeptacon release. They aren't going full AOS.
>>
>>52360718
Mea culpa
>>
>>52360599
Yes, they had.
>>
>>52360712
>Yes, it means that positioning to get the charge on your turn is meaningful, i.e. introduces tactical depth. Not to mention that it makes no sense in the current rules for a unit charging in, taking the risk to do so is effectively punished.
What in the fuck are you talking about? You are never punished for charging. It already grants bonuses - more attacks, more strength with furious charge, hammer of wrath, etc. It lets you actually make use of your melee attacks instead of the alternative which is not charging, not getting to punch things, and then getting shot at full BS instead of snap shot with Overwatch. It doesn't "add tactical depth" to make slower acting units unreasonably better and completely remove the advantage of faster things.
>>
>>52360683
Because Genestealer fluff is always about them getting the jump.
>>
>>52360716
>a large rules update
>large
>core ruleset are still the same 4 pages

>It is currently among the 5 most successful tabletop strategy games on the market.
Nope this top about miniatures, not games
Also
>AoS
>strategy
>>
File: IS014_GuillimanvsBlackLegion.jpg (3MB, 2266x1646px) Image search: [Google]
IS014_GuillimanvsBlackLegion.jpg
3MB, 2266x1646px
>>52360436
>all these stormtroopers have met horrible death at hands of daemons and red corsairs
Feeble humans.
>>
>>52360648
They could change either the charging through cover rules, or the actual tyranid units by giving them rules that allow them to assault into terrain without taking an initiative penalty (why doesn't move through cover already do this?) and/or actually give their assault units their equivalent of assault grenades like they do in every other army.

The problem with tyranids is tyranids, not the assault rules.
>>
>>52360727
>Mum, the kids won't let me play!
>Well honey, you just start your own friendship group!
>End up sitting in corner of field, alone, every breaktime.

Didn't work when she said it, won't work when you say it.
>>
>>52360780
Adding a rules is not an update?
>Nope this top about miniatures, not games
Yes, it's one of the top 5 games in USA

If you want to be a salty troll than try harder at least. Also it's a 40k thread, not AoS
>>
>>52360747
>Which they will have the next turn.
Assuming combat doesn't end in one turn and leave them stranded in the open.

There is no reason - absolutely no reason - for an initiative 2 unit to strike before initiative 6 just because they tired themselves out more first by running forward into the combat. Once they are both within striking distance it's going to be the ones with the faster reflexes and physiology that's going to get the first hits in.

This change better not go through or I'll just houserule it out and won't play games with the salty orkfags who want unfluffy rules for biased shitty reasons
>>
File: WP_20170324_22_58_05_Pro.jpg (424KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170324_22_58_05_Pro.jpg
424KB, 1024x576px
Numbered post for post your models/most recent thing you've worked on.
>>
>>52360803
Well, if you can't make something on your own then you are tied to GW decisions - I'm sorry Anon
>>
>>52360802
Exactly. Just like the problem with Orks is Orks, and there shouldn't be some stupid blanket "hurr charging units hit first" rule fucking things up for everyone.

+1 initiative on the charge would be fine.
>>
>>52360769
>You are never punished for charging.
Have you actually played 40k? I can't imagine anyone who's got more than 5 games under their belt going "yeah, dedicated assault units are fine". Until instant teleport charge nonsense came in, there were almost no units with any meaningful assault abilities seen.

>It doesn't "add tactical depth" to make slower acting units unreasonably better and completely remove the advantage of faster things
Yes it does, because now getting the charge matters more. They get to strike first for a single round of combat, at which point normal initiative kicks in. There is no example in almost any game other than 40k, or in real life for that matter, where a charge is not devastating. Initiative rules are currently broken because units can die before striking, despite doing all the work. That's nonsense. If you don't like it, tough - get used to it.
>>
>>52360737
>>52360737
Overwatch should also use Initiative. Tau might be great shots and have great guns but are very slow. They should make it so that you need to win an Initiative check against your opponent to even get to Overwatch in the first place, if your troops can react in time. Give Orks a special rule forcing the opponent to re-roll that or give it a flat reduction on the roll as the intimidation factor they have or give them a bonus to it because They're really fired up! and Overwatch would be far less reliable.
>>
>>52360813
Or tournaments, or organized events, 'nids players, Chaos Players, or against any one who ever played Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
File: adverse weather.jpg (181KB, 1093x592px) Image search: [Google]
adverse weather.jpg
181KB, 1093x592px
>>52360818
I'll just post an amusing Terminator I have. Word to the wise, industrial sandblasters are not a good substitute for dettol to remove paint.
>>
>>52360805
>Adding a rules is not an update?
Mostly GHB added points and just fixed most obvious holes in rules.
>Yes, it's one of the top 5 games in USA
Nope it's top-5 non collectible miniatures.
>If you want to be a salty troll than try harder at least.
> if you dislike AoSofication of 40k you're troll
Go back to your general
>>
>>52360802
>or the actual tyranid units by giving them rules that allow them to assault into terrain without taking an initiative penalty (why doesn't move through cover already do this?)
Because Cruddace was on the design team for 7th and used the opportunity to nerf Tyranids even harder after he already fucked two of their Codexes.

The guy is literally the saltiest dumb faggot in the field of game design.
>>
>>52360645
>What are trukks?
>>
>>52360861
dat realistic battle damage tho
>>
File: Imperial_Guard_Soldier_vigilant.jpg (15KB, 250x303px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Guard_Soldier_vigilant.jpg
15KB, 250x303px
>>52360365
Hey Warfags, Non-40Ker here and I have a lore question for those that are in the know.

Concerning Imperial Guard troops:
I understand they don't match up to a Space Marines or Eldar, but compared to your average imperial citizen are they basically Rambo or Captain America?
I know there is the PDF and a world's general militia/army below them, I assume that the IG are recruited from the best of the best- AND there is millions of worlds to draw upon. So while I understand a basic IG is no match for most other traditional 40k units in universe- that doesn't mean they are shit, just everything is better.

So are your run of the mill IG's basically near peak prefect soldiers? 90% accuracy, great reflexes, top endurance? Or are they no different than soldiers that you'd see in today's world?
>>
File: 1402380447889.jpg (128KB, 647x670px) Image search: [Google]
1402380447889.jpg
128KB, 647x670px
>>52360862
So it fixed rules but didn't fix them? Funny troll, make some other tricks
>>
File: 250px-Jonny_quest.png (96KB, 250x285px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Jonny_quest.png
96KB, 250x285px
>>52360861
Jesus Christ, anon, what made you think they were?
>>
>>52360849
>>You are never punished for charging.
>Have you actually played 40k? I can't imagine anyone who's got more than 5 games under their belt going "yeah, dedicated assault units are fine".
Your argument makes no sense. The problem is that assault is weak compared to shooting. Charging isn't more punishing than receiving a charge - once you're actually IN combat as a dedicated assault unit you're fine, and charging to get there is always better than being charged.

>Yes it does, because now getting the charge matters more.
It doesn't need to matter more, it already gives you more fucking attacks and a slew of other bonuses with the right special rules.

>There is no example in almost any game other than 40k, or in real life for that matter, where a charge is not devastating.
It's not if you're charging enemies who are more skilled and faster to act than you in close combat.

>Initiative rules are currently broken because units can die before striking, despite doing all the work. That's nonsense.
That's not nonsense, that's working as fucking intended, because the units that are supposed to do work and get killing done in combat, with a few exceptions, HAVE HIGH FUCKING INITIATIVE which is supposed to actually count for something.

>If you don't like it, tough - get used to it.
Fuck you, the same can and should be said more accurately to the fucking Orkfags who want the game to make less sense and fuck over every other melee race just so they can get a buff.
>>
>>52360908
They are the best segments of a planets PDF and become professional soldiers. I wouldn't say they'd be rambo though as many PDFs only provide basic training so the bar isn't very high.
>>
>People actually getting upset that Orks might improve
>>
>>52360908
Like most things in 40k it depends from world to world, with some worlds having literally rambos running around and some just cavemen with axes and simple lasrifles.
>>
>>52360908
It varies on home world and where they're drawn from but most of them are literally just bog-standard human soldiers drafted into service and given a lasgun and the instruction to use it.
>>
>>52360861
Ok now at least you have a suited tyranids war veteran, I mean, he looks just as if he had gone eaten and then spitted out lol
>>
>>52360952
I hope orks get monumentally better
>>
>>52360952
The problem isn't Orks improving, it's the core rules being made worse overall to improve them instead of just giving Orks a special rule to give them an initiative buff on the charge.
>>
>>52360917
>So it fixed rules but didn't fix them?
Yep because ruleset still full of poorly designed mechanics
>>
>>52360908
Some worlds send the cream of their planetary defence forces to the Imperial Guard tithe. Some less loyal worlds send the worst of their planetary defence forces to the Imperial Guard tithe because they want the best soldiers for themselves.

Some have a lottery of citizens, or just conscript civilians and train them specifically for the tithe, or open it to volunteers.

Some just empty their jails or send arbites into the under-hives to round up assorted gang scum to be crammed into uniforms in the hopes the Administratum believes they're proper soldiers.

Some death worlds just announce they've got 800,000 places available for a one-way trip off-world and take whoever survives the resulting melee for the tickets.
>>
>>52360855
>They're really fired up!
This only ever applies when its detrimental to the orks.
>>
>>52360908
Depends on the World they're recruited from. Catachans are literally a regiment of Rambos because they grow up on a Death World. If you aren't tough, you're dead. A lot of these higher quality regiments have become the Regiments of Reknown that have become famous in the Imperium and have minis in the game.

However, the Imperium needs a ALOT of troops and there's nothing about quality in tithe requirements. So there are plenty of regiments that would just be normal human standard.
>>
>>52360849
>nitiative rules are currently broken because units can die before striking, despite doing all the work.
Here's what will actually happen:

Your unit of I5 hormagaunts spend 3 turns footslogging across the board and being shot to shit, then the turn before they get to charge a unit of I2 necron warriors charges them and wipes the unit out.
>>
File: Its true.jpg (22KB, 303x105px) Image search: [Google]
Its true.jpg
22KB, 303x105px
Lol.
>>
>>52360813
Have you considered the fact that my Boyz are dead 'ard, and your cockroaches are a pack of squishy panzees?
>>
>>52360991
If it isn't at least I4 then its a useless fucking buff against anything you need melee for.
>>
>>52360908
Varies massively.

Soldiers from death worlds like Catachan are all Cpt. Murica/Rambo tier in their abilities, whereas others, like Savlar Chem-Dogs are just violent criminals who are generally off their heads of narcotics at all times during battle.
>>
>>52360478
>>52361034
You're making a lot of assumptions based on profoundly incomplete information.
>>
>>52360904
>>What are trukks?
Bitch, have you seen what happens when you field trukks?

11 boys 1 nob inside a trukk.

Thing gets exploded, now you suffer 6 wounds, one on the nob, and one saved, 4 die.
Motherfuck, now you have to take a leadership test and fail it. Fuck, your boys just murdered d6 more motherfuckers (and for some reason they hit harder now then they do in CC.). 3 more die.

Now you're stuck in a shitty peice of terrain, with a 5 man squad of boys, and when you finally do get to charge, you get overwatched AND swing last.
>>
>>52360991
That's not even helpful. Here anon
>Dead 'ard! : Any model with this rule may make an additional melee attack at Inniative if slain.
Boom, Nobs aren't a liability, and do something helpful.
>>
File: Rad as fuck.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rad as fuck.png
2MB, 1360x768px
>>52360436
>>
>>52360862
>showing that you are a 1d4tard who never plays fantasy or 40k

fucking
BASED
>>
>>52361057
You could give Orks an impact attack similar to Dark Eldar cluster caltrops, to represent their charges being a wall of meat and spikey metal hitting you at high speed, so anything charged by Ork boyz takes 1d6 S4 hits before any attacks are resolved. Then they go back to being slow in subsequent rounds.
>>
File: sry m9.jpg (202KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
sry m9.jpg
202KB, 1240x826px
>>52360995
I don't really see any "obvious holes in rules" and "poorly designed mechanics" in this easy to start and play fast miniature game with 4 pages of rules but okay Anon - I understand that you prefer your 200 page rules game based on completely different mechanic.
They are both two different and separate things but I'm okay with your opinion - mainly because it's just an opinion, nothing more
>>
We're just going to have to get the old ideas of Initiative out of our heads and no longer think about shit like "Ohh but a Genestealer is so swift in the fluff, an ork would never strike first"

In Fantasy a Skaven always strikes before an Orc, Skaven Initiative ranges from 3-5 most things being 4, Orcs are mostly 2 everywhere. this is backed up by the fluff portaying Skaven as quick but weak, and Orcs are slow but tough

In Sigmar none of this matters or exists, there is movement, leadership, and saves.

Orcs AND Skaven typically have poor saves/leadership

You want Skaven to strike first? charge them in during your turn, not much else can be done
>>
>>52361089
>Scions
>Beating Eldar

The most unrealistic 40k art I've ever seen.
>>
File: custodes.jpg (421KB, 1533x1484px) Image search: [Google]
custodes.jpg
421KB, 1533x1484px
Custodes or Sisters of Silence Codex anyone?
>>
>>52360436
>>
File: Allegiance.jpg (442KB, 3200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Allegiance.jpg
442KB, 3200x800px
CHOOSE
YOUR
ALLIANCE
>>
>>52361126
They charged the Eldar obviously.
>>
>>52361127
Why bother ? 8e is right around the corner.
>>
File: Pileondapainfix.png (88KB, 336x261px) Image search: [Google]
Pileondapainfix.png
88KB, 336x261px
>Reminder that I've already fixed Orks
>>
>>52361142
>Tau and Crones in same group
You fucked this up
>>
>>52361100
>le 1d4chan boogeyman
>>
>>52361153
For some fluff, like why SoS was keept in the basement?
>>
>>52361127
PLASTIC SISTERS WHEN
>>
>>52361073
Against nids? Who, lets be real, are the only opponent I'm playing Orks against and expecting to win. (Even then, trukkboys get 'evy armour.)
>>
File: 5676543 (2).png (257KB, 531x360px) Image search: [Google]
5676543 (2).png
257KB, 531x360px
>>52361195
But anon we have plastic sisters of silence
>>
>>52361142
Remove Slaanesh completely

Remove Traitor-guard (The skaven of 40k) expect for Nurgle traitor guard

Give Skitaari airships and cog-fedoras

Make Necrons their own isolated faction

Cram all the Eldar into Imperium faction

And then it'll look more like the game we're heading towards
>>
>GW shows a 'plastic thunderhawk' box in a joke vid.
>FW is now not selling the resin thunderhawk.
Is it happening senpai?
>>
So what's the chance of 40k removing S and T and going to a flat "to wound" roll on each weapon.
>>
>>52361223
It'll pop back up in a few weeks/months like always. Unless it's like that weird drop pod mould issue where they gave up on making it.
>>
>>52360849

There was already an incentive for getting the charge, its called "getting extra attacks", which on its own is a huge benefit. This isn't even counting the myriad number of units who rely on rules like furious charge or rage to do damage.

Your argument is predicated on a retarded premise.
>>
>>52361129
>Blue skies
>In 40k

Wonders never cease.

I mean yeah, there's a bunch of murderous blood-fanatics riding around looking to chainsaw people, but still. That planet actually looks kinda comfy.
>>
>>52361107
Or, I don't know, have assault grenades cause an initiative penalty or bonus for the charged or charging.

There's a metric fuckload of potential simple solutions that don't involve hamfisted blanket changes to core rules.
>>
>>52361199
>the only opponent I'm playing Orks against and expecting to win.

This is why shit needs to be fixed anon.

'eavy armor makes them cost as much as SM scouts, who get all of this shit just for existing.

Wargear:
• Boltgun
• Bolt pistol
• Frag grenades
• Krak grenades

Special Rules:
• And They Shall Know No Fear
• Chapter Tactics
• Combat Squads
• Infiltrate
• Move Through Cover
• Scout

+1s
+2i
+1L
+2bs
a free sargent (so +2LD)
>>
>>52361264
>FIX ASSAULT ITS BAD
>NO, DON'T FIX IT LIKE THAT
>>
>>52361223
Someone asked in current livestream, they replied with wink emote.
>>
>>52361278
Want them to fix something doesn't mean people have to be happy with literally any change to it.
>>
>>52361278
Not him, but it's not unreasonable to want something changed but also not like a singular proposed alteration.

You might not like the taste of coke and ask for an alternative, it doesn't mean you have to be happy if you're given a mug of warm piss.
>>
>>52361109
>I don't really see
Since you didn't try to bring any arguments, more like you refusing to admit it.
>"obvious holes in rules"
Endless summon, endless Chaos Lords spam etc...
>"poorly designed mechanics"
So you are gonna tell us about tactical depth of doubleturns and shooting during melee?
>>
>>52360641
Second for Guard playing trannies!
>>
>>52361114
But that's fucking stupid. This is exactly why people say AoS is a shit ruleset.

"We're just going to have to get these old ideas that better represented things out of our heads and accept this new shittier rule"
>>
>>52361312
>Since you didn't try to bring any arguments
Why should I? Didn't see a single argument from you
>shooting during melee?
Alright, now I'm sure you never played AoS before
>>
>>52361278
More like
>FIX ASSAULT ITS BAD
>NO I SAID FIX NOT MAKE IT WORSE
>>
>>52361278
Breaking something in a different way doesn't constitute fixing it.

If you had asked me what was wrong with assault in 40k the last thing I'd have come up with was initiative.

This doesn't do anything to fix the actual problems with assault units, specifically that getting into assault at all always requires you to sit through turns and turns of shooting, excessively random charge ranges and the huge number of "you can't charge after doing this" cases.
>>
>>52361361
>Didn't see a single argument from you
>Alright, now I'm sure you never played AoS before
>your arguments' aren't arguments
>>
>>52361367
>>FIX X ITS BAD
>>NO I SAID FIX NOT MAKE IT WORSE

Man isn't this like GW's life story?
>>
>>52360712
Let me explain why this line of thinking is wrong:

Imagine that, due to Eldar players complaining that Howling Banshees are too weak because they're only S3 and AP3 and can't kill high toughness 2+ save models in close combat, GW said "well, we've been thinking about it, and we want charges to be more devastating, so we've decided that when a unit charges it hits at double its strength and AP 2 that turn".

Suddenly Mega Armoured Nobz are super shit, because now when they get charged by chaff like conscripts or cultists or gaunts, their armour and toughness count for nothing. And when THEY get to charge, they get no benefit, because they were already at double strength and AP 2 with their power klaws - basically their klaws are meaningless now in most situations. And then you get Eldar fags who were just looking for buffs trying to argue that it somehow makes sense in the lore, or going "but anon, it adds tactical depth :^) don't want to get your 2+ save rendered completely worthless? just dont get charged ever :^) should be easy for you as a melee race to only ever be the one declaring charges :^)"

This is exactly how Orkfags are acting about high initiative melee races getting the shaft.
>>
>>52361370
>disembark from vehicle - can't charge
>deep strike - can't charge
>Infiltrate - can't charge
>run - can't charge
It's almost like having all the things you can do to get you close enough to charge prevent you from being able to charge is bad game design.

Not that unrestricted charging out of deep striking and infiltrating would necessarily be a good idea, but specialized assault units should probably be able to do that at least some of the time. Not being able to charge out of non-assault transports is also sufficiently dumb that GW themselves apparently ignore the rule on their own steams.
>>
>>52361465
>>disembark from vehicle - can't charge
>>deep strike - can't charge
>>run - can't charge

I would take just one of these in a heartbeat, preferably one from the first two. Assault Rhinos? Assault pods? Assault teleporting jump marines or Terminators?

Damn near instant fix. Just look at how Raven Guard and Skyhammer made jump marines useful.
>>
File: IMG_20170325_141021.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_141021.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Small update for that one anon that liked my shit.

Did I ruim It or made It cuter by doing that to the teeth?
>>
>>52361477
You'd probably have to make the charge out of deepstrike a disorganized charge though, getting charged and having no way other than snapshots to try and prevent it would make it super powerful.
>>
>>52361261
>that scraptown in the background

Literally looks like Borderlands/Mad Max planet on a sunny day. Would make a good board and why I like desert bases/boards since they fit the most themes.
>>
>>52361498
>what is skyhammer
>>
Does anyone know what happened to the battleforces? Were they limited or something?
I can't find the Mechanicum one anywhere, only for Australia on GW site.
>>
>>52361498
Interceptor
Deploy in a way to prevent deep strike
Bubble wrap
Screen the chargers with a throwaway/undesirable to charge unit

Use your brain
>>
>>52361508
Something people use as a stick to beat Marines over the head with as proof that they are OP?
>>
Anyone have a site to torrent/download the Black Library audio dramas reliably?
>>
>>52361524
That would fuck over small elite armies that can't really bubblewrap or that doesn't have access to interceptor.
>>
>>52361526
>mfw the strongest part about Skyhammer isn't even the deep strike charging, it's the ridiculous relentless grav cannons and the fact that bolter devastators can pin anything

Even in Skyhammer the shooting component is the broken part. You basically shoot at the opponent and they are either dead or pinned/gone to ground, which is even worse than locking them in melee.
>>
File: We AoS now.jpg (470KB, 3200x800px) Image search: [Google]
We AoS now.jpg
470KB, 3200x800px
>>52361218
>>52361142
WE SIGMAR NAOW
>>
>>52361550
>small elite armies
>Nob builds
>Wraiths
>bikes
>deathstars
>IC blobs
>not beating the shit out of jump marines and regular terminators in assault

Militarum Tempestus pls go youre not a real elite army
>>
>>52361465
Don't forget:

>outflank - can't charge
>one model out of the whole squad shot his meltagun assault weapon at a vehicle directly in view beside the unit you want to charge - can't charge
>rolled too low on your arbitrary random charge distance while 4" away - can't charge
>finally got to charge - get shot, even though the target is facing the other direction because they were just shooting another unit in their shooting phase
>the above two can both happen - you can fail the charge distance and still get shot for free
>tauguy has a suit with a flamer 30" away from your charging unit, around a corner, behind a wall? it magically autohits you at a range it could never fire during the shooting phase without line of sight
>still made the charge? one model in your squad of guys with fucking jump packs stubbed his toe on a pebble and you don't have assault grenades despite being a dedicated melee unit with no ranged weapons, now you get hit first by fire warriors

It's like every single possible thing about the game in this edition is designed to make assault armies irrationally bad.
>>
>>52361560
Realistically tyranids and genestealer cults are their own allegiance.
>>
File: don't care.jpg (23KB, 339x344px) Image search: [Google]
don't care.jpg
23KB, 339x344px
>>52361146

>WS3, I3 fodder will soon be able to beat elites in CC

I want to get off Sigmar's wild ride.
>>
>>52361498
Yeah because it's not like deep striking shooting units which have 3000 less hoops to jump through aren't super powerful and yet not punished or inhibited in any way
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 1024x621px
Anyone have the Adeptus Custodes or Sisters of Silence codex?
>>
>>52361575
>7th Edition: No Charging Allowed
>>
>>52361591
Other than the whole, stuck sitting out in the open thing.
>>
>>52361575
>>outflank - can't charge
>implying that's even the worst part

>FINALLY, NOW THE STRATEGIC FORCES I'VE BRILLIANTLY HELD IN RESERVE SHALL FLANK THE ENEMY AND CRUSH THEM IN A DEADLY, TIMELESS PINCER ATTACK

>they arrive on the far end of the battlefield where nobody is fighting
>>
Reminder there is nothing wrong with female space marines
>>
File: 8th edition battle-brothers.jpg (515KB, 1248x1671px) Image search: [Google]
8th edition battle-brothers.jpg
515KB, 1248x1671px
>>52361560
Can't wait.
>>
>>52361620
>deep strike
>shoot
>kill tons of shit
>stuck in open

Fair trade off.

>deep strike
>nothing because you can't charge
>stuck in open

???

I want shootingfags to die in real life if they can't grow a brain large enough to warrant continued existence.
>>
>>52361644
Fuck off
>>
>>52361644
Reminder that ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>52361620
Right.

Because a melee unit that can't charge isn't even more screwed since it can't even kill the thing that can see them before it can shoot back.

Jesus, man.
>>
>>52361649
Just fucking make it so if you deep strike/outflank etc. you can charge if you didn't shoot anything.

Problem solved
>>
>>52361644
You're right, there isn't. It's just that the established lore arbitrarily says they can't exist. Not because there's a problem with them, it's just a random given parameter.

There's nothing wrong with a race of xenos made entirely out of animate black holes that shoot quasar weaponry, but we don't have those either.
>>
>>52361649
I never even said deepstriking units shouldn't be able to charge, just make it a disorganized charge.
>>
>>52361644
Possibly true, but there's something definitely wrong with the neurotic obsessive faggots who have to keep bringing it up.
>>
>>52361661

See >>52361673
>>
>>52361668
Considering that shooting can be actively detrimental to you charging I don't even see how allowing both could be a problem.
>>
"ALL RIGHT, MEN PICK YOUR TARGETS! AS SOON AS YOUR BOOTS HIT THE SAND, DETACH PARACHUTES AND CHARGE THOSE SONS OF BITCHES WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT!"

"Sorry sarge, we can't charge on the turn we deep strike. Let's just stand here for a few seconds and catch our breaths."

"Should we shoot at those paratroopers, Lieutenant? Our emplacements are ready to provide overwatch fire."

"No. They haven't charged yet."
>>
>>52361672
BTFO
T
F
O

>inb4 "but we don't know if it's possible because no one has tried it" in context of a fictional setting that only exists by the whims of what the authors tell us can happen
>>
>>52361673

This is what you said

>getting charged and having no way other than snapshots to try and prevent it would make it super powerful.

Disorganized charge doesn't prevent that.

So you haven't conceded anything. Even if you allow disorganized charge, you're still going "fucking assaultfags so OP" in the back of your head.
>>
>>52360613
>Running. Away.
>Fuck you. Faggot.
>>
>>52361724
You literally cut out half the post considering I started it with
>You'd probably have to make the charge out of deepstrike a disorganized charge though

Maybe I should have add "getting charged and them getting bonus attacks" so it would trigger you less.
>>
>>52361736
>the same salty Orkfag Smegmar shill is still here
>still hasn't thought up an argument
>>
File: 1488491484965.jpg (306KB, 1372x637px) Image search: [Google]
1488491484965.jpg
306KB, 1372x637px
>>52360436
>>
So what exactly are Imperium laws about Rogue Traders again? What exactly would the situation be if a RT with a close Xenos buddy ran into Space Marines by happenstance?
>>
>>52361748

Or maybe you shouldn't have whined about it at all, then whine some more when people shut down your whining, faggot.
>>
>>52361759
>What exactly would the situation be if a RT with a close Xenos buddy ran into Space Marines by happenstance?
If its Ultramarines they would be greeted gladly.
>>
>>52361766
>My argument was shit so now I'm just going to call you a faggot.
>>
>>52361759
Heretics, death, exterminatus

>>52361766
So why didnt Horus exterminatus Holy Terra?
>>
>>52361775
>i have no argument so i'm going to whine about his argument

Nice argument faggot.
>>
>>52361672
>It's just that the established lore arbitrarily says they can't exist.
1) It's fictional setting
2) you are right, and "males only" is one of the flaw of current Space Marines, but if improved Space Marines become real there will be no reasons for that anymore.
>>
>>52361704
>"Sorry sarge, we can't charge on the turn we deep strike. Let's just stand here for a few seconds and catch our breaths."

That's realistic though.
>>
>>52360861
This could make a really good plague terminator if you pained him puke colors
>>
>>52361782
>If I call this guy a faggot maybe that means he won't realize I don't have an argument!
>>
>>52361808
If you are in AM army of pussies, I guess.
Typical loyalist, tbqh.
>>
>>52361142
>No dwarves
Orks it is then
>>
>>52361808
When you're a regular human with a rifle parachuting from an aircraft, sure.

When you're a power armored super-soldier trained specifically for close combat deploying via jetpack or a giant snake monster bursting out of the ground, no not really.
>>
>>52360818
my carcharodons tartaros terminator sergant
just need to base him
>>
>>52361776
>Heretics, death, exterminatus
Guilliman is the Lord Commander now, he'll not allow braindead chapters to bully rogue traders and innocent eldar any more.
>>
Weaboos will not have basic models updated very soon right? Not sure if I should buy SC and AA now or wait until 8E
>>
I hope they bring back charging out of transports if you didn't move in the movement phase. I want Bullgryn to be useful in a transport.
>>
File: IMG_2318.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2318.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>52361852
OOP
>>
>>52361874
Unlikely, their range is entirely up to date.
>>
>>52361157
Ah yes, just like how Berzerkers were fixed with this exact rule.
>>
File: 2017-03-25 17.42.03.jpg (2MB, 3353x1750px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25 17.42.03.jpg
2MB, 3353x1750px
>tfw had the greatest game of 40k in ages and even managed to get my first win with Sisters of Battle
This was exhilarating even though both armies were mostly unpainted. We had everything, dying to dumb shit, dying to shooting, dying in melee. Only thing I forgot to do was use my acts of faith at all.
I only wish Forge World did some stuff for SoB, because I'm about to have like 250 pounds of disposable income and I'm thinking about buying something from them.
>>52361874
Tau's basic infantry at least was just upgraded for their last codex, right?
>>
>>52361886
that flash is very unflattering
>>
>>52361887
Well, except for vespid and kroot, but nobody cares about them.
>>
>>52361896
>nothing is painted
kill yourself
>>
>>52361915
Well technically, my Canoness was fully painted, and everything in my army is at least started, except for the Land Raider with the Inquisitorial retinue because I only got them yesterday.
>>
>>52361896

FW used to make super Chimera Repressors, vehicle doors and front plates with the fleur, and they still make Avenger flyers for SoB.
>>
>>52360492
Tau having hair is canon, though.
>>
>>52361854
Too bad. The Galaxy is too big for him.
Its almost a shame.
>>
>>52361929
Where can I find the rules for the Avenger for the SoB?
>>
>>52361930
Yeah. I figured all the ones we see go with Topknots or just bald because they're in the military.
>>
>>52361749
Not him, I can just tell from the insults that its the same autistic genestealer guy.

>mindless automata
>>
Someone of you knows "unlmtd" caster?
>>
>>52361523
Really nothing? I mean the others were also good price for value, weren't they?
Were they sold out?
>>
>>52361947
On the FW page it states
>Full rules for the Avenger can be found in Imperial Armour Aeronautica
>>
>>52360442
>>52360492
>implying the Ethereals wouldn't force the Water Caste to breed visually appealing Tau for easy access to under-the-sheets diplomacy methods
>>
>>52361972
I mean, is it in the OP megas
>>
>>52361965

Battleforce boxes aren't super limited, but they're not permanent items either. They probably sold out.

Now they do Start Collecting boxes and occasionally do those large bundles that don't save you any money.
>>
All this 8th edition and charge talk sucks. To fix this I will summon Carnac from the warp. This can be done by simply stating some indisputable facts.

>Chaos hasn't already won
>Newcrons aren't great but are better than Oldcrons
>Necron inertia-less drives allow them to go faster than light
>Tyrannids aren't a sideshow race.

Now we simply wait.
>>
File: 1456715395805.jpg (552KB, 1413x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1456715395805.jpg
552KB, 1413x2000px
>>52360436
>>
>local gaming group talking about running Apocalypse in the near future
What should I buy to run in it?
>>
>>52361593
why not put the rules for the gorgeous FW custodes dread in?

Wish they'd stop pretending they are separate companies.
>>
>>52362019
I don't know how the race that has consistently beaten every race save for Necrons is a side show race.
>>
>>52361523
>>52361965
According to the (really pretty cool) owner of my local Warhammer shop, they're moving away from Battleforces and larger boxes in favor of boxes that are standalone detachments for 500 pt. games or Kill Team, because single purchases for smaller skirmish games is the bulk of their sales to NEW players these days, and most old players aren't buying like they used to, likely because they already have a huge collection of old minis in the factions they actively play.

The exception being the new Thousand Sons/Daemons of Tzeentch and Genestealer Cults, which apparently have been selling like hotcakes across the board.
>>
>>52362085
In my experience, simply a vacation away while that's going on.

It won't get done in a day. People will leave and not show up. People don't know their shit and are too slow.
>>
>>52362091
Every race that isn't Chaos is a sideshow race to Carnac
>>
What's this about weapons getting their own armor values?
>>
>>52361591

There is literally no deep-striking unit that can do as much damage in one round of shooting as a melee unit can.

Not even something like loaded for bare crisis suits or tons of flamer templates can do as much damage in a single round as a squad of, say, seekers.
>>
>>52362117
Even though Tyranids kicked the living shit out of multiple greater Daemons on a planet infested by chaos.

Good one.
>>
>>52362120
Maybe something like rend in AoS?
>>
>>52362115
Our group has done multiple apocalypse games successfully already though. I've seen the evidence, this is the first time I wanna join in.
>>
When are Squatadron Oversquats out? I have an urge to convert some space dwarves.
>>
File: 1470300380940.jpg (50KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1470300380940.jpg
50KB, 512x384px
>>52362125
>There is literally no deep-striking unit that can do as much damage in one round of shooting as a melee unit can.
...What? Are we still talking about 40k?

I mean, I could argue with you but I think if you believe that is true then our view points are so different to one another that I dont think it's even worth it.
>>
>>52362150

I love how that works, awesome
>>
any tips for 500pts daemon list?
>>
>>52362199
>>52362125
He's right, he just doesn't understand that you also get hit in both turns in melee while shooting armies never get returned fire upon.
>>
>>52361791
I bet you also think Link can be a girl fucking degenerate
>>
>>52362231
Use Heralds for any mandatory HQ.
>>
>>52362258
It's /pol/ testing our degeneracy level. /tg/ is closest to /pol/ in anti SJW mindset ever since the SJWs took over DnD.
>>
>>52361560
Pretty accurate.
>>
>>52362284
Man all I want to do is paint minis and talk about 40k why do people have to ruin it with shit like that
>>
is there anyway you can add some of the forgeworld models onto the 40k army builder?
>>
>>52362253
But he's not right.
Space marines can drop squads of relentless ignores cover grav-cannons on anything they want.
Eldar can drop squads of D-wraiths anywhere they want.
Tau can drop squads of suits with a million monster hunter/tank hunter plasma guns wherever they want.

Out side of LoWs who cant even deepstrike in the first place, what could do vastly more damage in melee than that, so as to justify restrictions on charging but not shooting out of deepstrike?
Bloodthirsters?
Dreadnoughts?
>>
>>52362269
anything else? I am kinda thinking of running daemonettes + flamers + skull_cannon
>>
>>52362314
Because people on both sides are trying to politicize EVERYTHING.

If it's not /pol/ invading you're hobby it's the SJWs drawing up battle lines.
>>
>>52361560
Please no.
>>
>>52362344
It's hard to go wrong with daemons at lower points because their troops are so good.

HQ with some psychic levels.
Nice helping of troops.
Skull cannon for assault grenades.
Then proceed to add anything you want.
>>
>>52362314
40k is pretty safe due to the cost of entry. Wouldn't worry about it. It's just one dude, there's no threads in /pol/ organizing raids to /tg/

>>52362334
I think he's doing potential damage and not functional because usually melee units have more attacks than shooting units have more shots.

However Burst cannons. 8 shots per model.
>>
>>52361126
There is a specific Scion regiment that happens to excel at killing Eldar, and has an exceptional success rate at out-thinking them and out-manuevering them. While they still fail from time to time, they are still highly sought out when fighting them because of their effectiveness.

It's also entirely plausible that the Eldar radically underestimated the capability of the Scions and got caught with its pants down, which is 100% in character with Eldar leadership.
>>
>>52362019
>Necron inertia-less drives allow them to go faster than light

OP as fuck but I like that about the oldcrons.
>Tyrannids aren't a sideshow race.
Never have been, I wish they'd actually give them some proper fucking swarm rules and really scary shit to represent the shadow in the warp shit.

Also, tone their fluff the fuck down. The amount of doomsday plot they've been given is retarded. Tyranids should be a scary steamroller that needs to get going, right now they just pop-up and make a black crusade seem like a sideshow; tone it the fuck down and emphasize the gradual loss of planets until such a swarm makes contact and gets fucked by the response or scorched earth tactics.
>>
>>52362368
your opinion on masque?
>>
>>52362125

6 grav centurions
>>
>>52361142

Either make Eldar a part of the Xenos group, or get rid of the Xenos group entirely and have it be Tau, Orks, Forces of the Tyranids, and Necrons.

I'll give you a hint - putting all Xenos in the same Alliance doesn't work with the fluff. Each Xenos race, while sometimes allying with the Imperium when convenient, is out for itself above anything else. Eldar and Necrons literally cannot stand each other, Necrons think all other races are 100% beneath attention and are glorified livestock at best, the Tyranids don't understand what an "allegiance" is, and the Tau hate Orks almost as much as Eldar and Necrons hate each other.
>>
>>52362258
>implying femboy Link porn isn't hot specifically because he's not a girl despite being drawn to look like one

Might as well just fap to genderswap Link if you're gonna be like that.
>>
File: good job.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
good job.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>52362050
good taste
>>
>>52361261
>That planet actually looks kinda comfy.
>sand-blasted wasteland of rocky outcroppings with scarp-metal shantytowns
>comfy

This word has literally become a meme and it is probably one of the worst things to happen to this board.
>>
>>52362436
Eternal dance is a very powerful and fun rule but 75 points for a two wound toughness three, 5++ (rerolling) unit just isn't worth it, she will just get shot to death the second she appear on the table.

You can use her if you want but deepstrike her, dont run her up the table.
>>
>>52362332
anyone?
>>
>>52362150
>>52362200
?
>>
>>52362491
Comfy has always been a shitty meme word used by people too stupid to just say they like something.
>>
Anyone know how much the new game will cost? The one with Scouts and Orks?
>>
>>52362527
use battlescribe, the person who made the web list builder literally said "I don't like forge world", so he's not gonna add any more, most likely
>>
>>52362402
>which is 100% in character with Eldar leadership.
This is funny when it happened in Fall of Biel-tan. Shouldnt have underetimated those daemons!
>>
>>52362494
kay, thanks
>>
File: 1485236912716.png (30KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1485236912716.png
30KB, 500x461px
Under what circumstances would Traitor Legions and first founding Chapters work and fight together post heresy? Not like a hasty reason to explain away a weird allies list, but actually fight together for a prolonged conflict?
>>
>>52362557
no
>>
>>52362557
None. There is no greater evil as far as either side is concerned.
>>
>>52362557
there's little grey area with something like this. traitors are killed on sight or you're corrupt and working with them
>>
>>52362557
None. Although Iron Warriors and Black Templars allied for a while because their leaders were buddies in Crusade era (chaos lord and dreadnaught) so they could murder each other at different occasion.
>>
>>52362557
Nah. There's even a Khorne Daemonkin warband that went out and destroyed an entire chapter, took over their fortress monastery, and used it as a giant bunker for when Tyranids were approaching, and defended the crap out of it.
>>
>>52362557
The beast coming back.
>>
File: 1490335133824.jpg (263KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490335133824.jpg
263KB, 1600x900px
>>52362557
Never
>>
>>52362557
Alpha Legion sometimes helps loyalist forces out iirc, but I think it was usually to weaken them and betray them afterwards
>>
Do you all think they'll make new Nurgle Daemon models with the new Death Guard models coming out? (specifically Great Unclean One and Beast of Nurgle)
>>
>>52362624
Not even this.
>>
>>52361991
>ywn sell out the Imperium for sweet blueberry head-vagina
>>
I know I'm super late, phone wouldn't let me post. Hopefully anons are still following this thread
>>52358653

>>52358888
Lias Issodon is a Badab character so can't be picked in the list builder. Picked a Chapter Master and made him the same cost to visualise.

As a Warlord he gains Master of Ambush which allows him to infiltrate the Sterns, Scions etc. No need for transports!

>>52360026
So few players at my place use fliers so figured if he ain't got no flying targets he could still shoot at ground. Guess I could throw in an ADL tho, never hurts.

You mean I should get the Mortis? Does it even have 40K rules or do you just mean to count-as a Deredeo?

>>52360040
Thanks! Should I dump the Devastators then and just get more dakka?
>>
>>52362050
gondola version when
>>
>>52362627
>Bullpup boltgun w/ underslung plasma rifle

Literally the sexiest weapon in 40k.
>>
>>52360908
PDF is like burger rifle corps
Imperial guard is British squaddies
Scions are sas or Royal Marines
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vam59exeNuA
>>
>>52362677
Explain Iron Warriors helping out Black Templars
>>
>>52361034
If you get charged in your situation you deserve to have the unit wipedout.
>>
>>52362491
Those rocks look like they'd be good places to set up camp, the sun is shining and it looks warm.

And look at that view in the sky.

Comfy. Would live there provided blood-soaked berserkers were removed first.
>>
>>52362716
In a situation where you're close enough to reliably get a charge next turn, so is the enemy.
>>
>>52362698
It's definitely up there. Shame the bolters they come modeled with don't usually have the stock to make them bullpups yourself though.
>>
>>52362461
Not my necrons.
They fight side by side with a secret chapter of space marines, based on the Emperor himself.
>>
>>52362537
Arm & leg
>>
>>52362709
Bad fluff writers?

Not read that one, wheres it from?

My understanding of the Imperial Fists/Iron Warriors rivalry was that they'd not even piss on each other if they were on fire.
>>
File: Tempestus-Scions-beret.jpg (46KB, 580x356px) Image search: [Google]
Tempestus-Scions-beret.jpg
46KB, 580x356px
>>52362705
>Scions are sas or Royal Marines

Royal marines just fall out of boats and surrender to Iranians. Scions would be SAS or Paras, they've even got the maroon berets.
>>
>>52362015
>>52362093
Damn, guess I missed that. Well, at least I will be dropping money on this stupid hobby in smaller bouts of weakness.
>>
>>52362537
$130 usd
>>
>>52362093
>The exception being the new Thousand Sons/Daemons of Tzeentch and Genestealer Cults

Probably because they're armies that are either totally new or were previously metal or failcast.

I imagine Skitarii/AdMech have had similar sales.

Might mean GW continues to expand the range of supported armies, at least a little bit, obviously there's a limit to how many they can support.
>>
>>52362546
As if I needed further confirmation about how shit that builder is
>>
>>52361100
Look at the syntax it's the dumb Slav shitposter
He's just taking out his anger after his alcoholic dad raped him again
>>
>>52361560
>>52362769
>>
>>52362546
I just use the browser one because it's convenient but Battlescribe is objectively a better tool.
>>
>>52360818
looks so good w/o sponsons...

>he didnt fall for the side sponson meme
>>
File: KV128.png (2MB, 1536x1072px) Image search: [Google]
KV128.png
2MB, 1536x1072px
>>52360788
>>52360436
Hot diggety im assuming these are new because i see Rowboat in one. I thought GW art was going kaput because I picked up kauyon and there was this deviantart shit all up in there
>>
Will the Walker unit type have normal vehicle rules in 8th Edition?
>>
>>52362865
Check the latest GW teases in the op annon, we literally know only four things about it.
>>
>>52362731
>Those rocks look like they'd be good places to set up camp,

Have you ever actually slept on rocks, anon? Because I have, for weeks at a time. It is literally the exact opposite of comfy - or do you think things like floor cushioning doesn't exist?

>the sun is blinding

FTFY

>it looks warm.

That level of sunlight in a dust-basin like that is almost certainly making it hot as balls. Can't give you a definitive answer because we have no idea what the elevation is and the surrounding macrogeography, but I can tell you it's almost certainly more than "warm," because those types of rock formations come from winds with virtually no moisture in them (and moisture is what regulates temperature).

> And look at that view in the sky.

I'll give you that.

You've either lived exclusively in a desert shithole and never once travelled anywhere else on the planet, or you've never been to any desert ever, if you think that landscape is "comfy."
>>
>>52362754
It's from the war with The Beast. Also, the Fists/Warriors rivalry was mainly between the primarchs themselves; there's an example in the fluff of an Iron Warrior (Barabas Dantioch) being best buds with an Imperial Fist (Alexis Polux).
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 496x499px
Just as a hypothetical, what would this setting look like with no marines, loyal or Chaos?

Maybe still some Custodes buzzing about because they're too few in number to change much, but the key is being marineless. Horus was a human.
>>
File: 14674078-578-67.jpg (568KB, 1790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14674078-578-67.jpg
568KB, 1790x1200px
>>52362859
I'm really liking a lot of the GW art at the moment. It's always been one of the things I've liked best about the franchise, I'm glad the newer stuff looks like they're taking it seriously again.
>>
>>52362900
I hope they don't change it. Charging with my Maulerfiends on turn 1 and decimating every metal box in that square kilometer is fun af.
>>
>>52362931
>I2
>Ork gets punched out by Scout

Seems legit
>>
>>52362284
>/tg/ is closest to /pol/
Yeah sure
>>
>>52362944

Well the Ork is only S3, he just doesn't have the muscle mass that scout does.
>>
>>52362931
That sure it's a purdy piece of art. I agree. I know it's cringeworthy to take 40k so seriously, but the apocalyptic war scenes did draw me into the game as a kid
>>
>>52362956
But the orks forearm alone is literally as big as the scouts head
>>
>>52361223
Guilliman will make cawl design a new smaller thuderhawk so we will get a new design one - and forgeworld will the make a proper warhawk stormbird
>>
>>52362918
>Have you ever actually slept on rocks, anon? Because I have, for weeks at a time. It is literally the exact opposite of comfy - or do you think things like floor cushioning doesn't exist?

They say your rifle is your best friend in the military. That's bullshit, my best friend was my rack, or failing that, my sleeping bag.
>>
>>52362426
If you pay attention to the timelines you'll see it takes several decades for the first two major fleets to do huge damage, it's Leviathan that really fucked everyone and day, because it's entry is several light years in it's radius alone
>>
>>52362918
You're a very glass-half-empty kinda guy.

I've been out in N.Africa which is pretty similar to that in places, I know it's not a Hawaiian beach, but I also have memories of rock climbing and trekking across the mountains, sitting by a spring in the morning as the sun came up.

You have a valid point with everything you say, but still, relative to most 40k locations, I wouldn't mind living in that place.
>>
>>52362978
Just goes to show how weak and imperfect their bodies are when compared to the human form.
>>
>>52362978
>Boyz are S3 I2
>Scouts are S4 I4

I'm really not sure what you're talking about, that scout towers over that puny ork.
>>
>>52362944
Aren't scouts S4 and boyz S3?
>>
>>52362967
>I know it's cringeworthy to take 40k so seriously, but the apocalyptic war scenes did draw me into the game as a kid

It's entirely possible to recognize the over-the-topness and prevelence of Rule-of-Cool, while expecting the setting to take ITSELF seriously and consistently simultaneously.

40K was never a satirical setting. It was a pastiche that we, as the audience, knew was over-the-top and ridiculous, but took itself seriously from an in-universe standpoint and was depicted as such in lore and artwork. THAT is what makes it so compelling IMO.
>>
>>52363010
Yep. Orks are T4 though, Nobz are S4 T4 W2, and Warbosses are S5 T5 W3. All with Furious Charge and the ability to reroll one charge die.
>>
File: 2365756858.jpg (196KB, 1621x1110px) Image search: [Google]
2365756858.jpg
196KB, 1621x1110px
>>52362967
Me too. It's not high art but there's some really engaging action set-piece artwork with loads of detail in their portfolio that I still love to look at.

One of the things I'm liking about Nu-GW is how they seem to be getting their sense of humour back a bit. A bit of self-awareness that 40k is taken beyond extremes can't hurt.
>>
File: 146746707074.jpg (689KB, 1000x2824px) Image search: [Google]
146746707074.jpg
689KB, 1000x2824px
>>52362978
SUPERIOR, SACRED HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY > FEEBLE MUSHROON """"MUSCLE"""""
>>
Dead thread abandon your flesh, a new world awaits you

>>52363016
>>52363016
>>52363016
>>52363016
>>52363016
>>
>>52363044
We are still on page 1 retard.
>>
>>52362978
Anyone have that pic of the marine facing like a hundred Orks alone and it says something like "battle brother x provokes the Orks into close combat to show the power of human genes" or something?
>>
File: 1487669749886.jpg (3MB, 2300x3290px) Image search: [Google]
1487669749886.jpg
3MB, 2300x3290px
>>52363044
>abandon your flesh

Eldrad pls, i don't wanna be in a wraith unit just yet.
>>
>>52363055
He's been doing that a lot lately.
>>
>>52363044
You really are a faggot, kys
>>
>>52363044
Just report and move on.
>>
File: japan parliment.gif (2MB, 324x243px) Image search: [Google]
japan parliment.gif
2MB, 324x243px
>>52360365
>>52363016
>>
Emperor's Children > World Eaters > Thousand Sons > Death Guard
>>
File: lure.png (1MB, 680x703px) Image search: [Google]
lure.png
1MB, 680x703px
>>52363074
>>
File: image.jpg (475KB, 1912x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475KB, 1912x1136px
>>52363102
Too bad Emps children have no model updates.
>>
>>52363102
Is this a rating?

It should be this:

TS with Magnus>DG>EC/WE>Power Gap>Shit>TS
>>
>>52363107
Thanks m8.
>>
>tfw want to expand my Imperial Guard
>but suddenly realize I don't want to use my headswapped cadian infantry because I don't like their basic look
Kill me
>>
>>52363123
They're next with Fulgrim, then we'll hopefully get WE and Angron then the rest of the traitor primarchs so that the undivided/unaligned legions can get cool shit
>>
>>52363145
Same. I'm hoping we get new guard minis now Cadia got squatted but I doubt it.
>>
>>52363156
My problem is I'm going to get like 500 euros of disposable income next week and I'm aching to splooge it on something even though I know I should wait until the next edition hits.
>>
>>52363156
I must be a severe minority in liking the Cadian stuff, though I do much prefer the Kasrkin and the Cadian Hazop guys from FW over just the plastics.
>>
>>52360436
I rather like the art cards they've been releasing.
>>
>>52363001
>You're a very glass-half-empty kinda guy.

No, just somebody who has flashbacks to his two-year mission trips to Sonora and Arizona.

>I know it's not a Hawaiian beach, but I also have memories of rock climbing and trekking across the mountains, sitting by a spring in the morning as the sun came up.

Absolutely. These places can be beautiful and enjoyable places - but they are sure as fuck not comfortable. They are hard environments to live in, with hot, scouring wind, blindingly bright sunlight, little vegetation that isn't covered in thorns or toxins, where running water is a precious resource, and soil is either hard-pack, stone, or coarse, loose sand, is literally anathema to what is "comfy" to the human body.

You LIKE that type of place. That doesn't make it comfy by any definition of the term.
>>
File: latest-1.png (136KB, 367x334px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
136KB, 367x334px
Lads where the fuck can i get a head for one of my Custodes that looks even a bit like pic related? Looked for ages and couldnt see anything.
>>
NEW
>>52363260
THREAD
>>52363260
HERE
>>52363260
>>
>>52360365
can someone link the custodes codex?
>>
>>52361759
Depends on the chapter and individual marine officers
Inside imperial space the trader would need to register the xenos outside imperial space more leeway
>>
>>52363287
Holy shit, people need to not be fucking autists; we have 3 threads going now.
>>
>>52363287
There are like 4 threads. Why.
>>
>>52363371
Because someone keeps making a thread too early, then someone else doesn't look to see if there's not already a new thread.
>>
>>52363405
This entire issue could be solved if mods did their fucking job.
>>
>>52363462
I'll do it for $15/hr
>>
>>52363462
Or if retards could not post duplicate threads and wait for the right time to continue this one.
>>
>>52362819
Yeah, did you see the new plastic Death Guard they teased? They look as good as the Thousand Sons, which are pretty awesome in my book.

Just waiting for Emperor's Children to get some love, though I have been meaning to get some Daemons of Nurgle for Hinterlands league at the shop, so I might add some Death Guard for 40k matches, too, in the meantime.

I'm guessing they're gonna do a new Traitor Guard/Lost and the Damned set, too, because it'd be fairly simple.

GW is actively trying to move away from ForgeWorld being the way to get stuff for specific factions because it really cuts into their brick and mortar profits.
>>
File: 2017-03-19_1474269700115401872.jpg (215KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-19_1474269700115401872.jpg
215KB, 1080x1080px
>>52360818
I've posted it in one of the older threads, but this is my most recent finished piece.
>>
>>52364295
I'd love to hear how you got that blue. Might want to do something like that on a Lord of Change
>>
>>52364669
It's Thousand Sons Blue layered with progressive drybrushes of Lothern Blue and Skink Blue, respectively. Then I put a couple layers of 'Ardcoat on for that glossy beetle look.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.