[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 75

File: 1487048832049.png (3MB, 2500x1975px) Image search: [Google]
1487048832049.png
3MB, 2500x1975px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52275157
>Bus_Ticket_Subscription_Seattle_FEB_2077.ARO
>Yerzed_Out_And_Full_Speed_Ripped.sim
>APCs__Where_To_Get_Them.knwsft
>Introduction_to_Special_Relativity_36th_Edition.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 39245 (1% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, I'm stuck here and my ride is gone. Care to pick me up?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running The_Need_For_Speed.BTL...

>Drive straight
>Conserve gas
>And never, ever cut off a dragon at an intersection

Transportation Edition
How does your runner get from A to B?
>>
>>52330281
I'm in two SR games right now. First character is a world famous Ares sponsored race car driver who runs around in a fairly pimped out Hyundai sports sedan in his personal time. Second character is a go-ganger riding around on a fully modded BMW military bike. Neither has extra armor or weapons just a ton of speed and ways of concealing themselves both visually and digitally.
>>
>>52330281
My razorboy has a pedal powered bike. He kinda just rides that around when he isn't getting a ride from the group's driver.
>>
>>52330281
One of them Akira bikes, but in matte green.
>>
Is the Aryan Brotherhood still in Shadowrun?

I know that's sort of what Humanis is supposed to be. Does Humanis have a named organization in prison? Wondering for a character I'm making.
>>
>>52330978
Can't remember any prison offshoots of humanis
Just make one up
>>
Which book for 5e has the lifestyle rules?
>>
>>52331498
Advanced Lifestyle?
Should be Run Faster
>>
>>52330281
Either a pedal bike or a Mirage.
>>
>>52330281
Tricycle.
>>
My group tends to use public transport, or steal cars/motorcycles and dump them after the run. I think my guy still has one of those foldable bicycles somewhere.
>>
>>52330978
Nothing amuses me more than the endless combinations of metatype, race, gender and nationality you can make gangs of. Male Jamaican Dwarf gangs, latino orc chica gang, etc. I can only imagine that makes prison gangs infinitely more ridiculous.
>>
File: 1471297608550.png (132KB, 520x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471297608550.png
132KB, 520x250px
>Used to catch a ride in the rigger's ride
>Threw up in the back after taking a few lungfuls of irritant gas
>Spent several sessions following the gang on a Dodge Scoot because the rigger was still upset
>Now I'm riding bitchseat on the sammy's chopper because they got into a rivalry with the rigger
>Our faces when
>>
What are some useful attachments for guns that people might over look? Most of the time all I put on them are smartlink, some sort of RC boosts and gas vent/silencer
>>
>>52330281
is mr johnson one guy or what?
>>
>>52332173
It's just a nickname used by employers to keep themselves anonymous
>>
>>52332173
Is Mage one guy?
Is Decker one guy?
Is OP one guy?

No, they are groups of people that share a certain trait
Mr. Johnsons are middlemen between groups and runners
Mages are people that cast spells
Deckers are people that use decks and hack stuff
and OP are people that regularly suck cock
>>
>>52332127
From Hard Targets, a Personalized Grip gives you +1 Accuracy and doesn't even use up a slot.
>>
>>52332127
I like the customized look and a ballistic mask that matches. Toss in some handloaded ammo. Powered breakdown is good if you're storing it in a briefcase or violin case. There's a couple options for flashlights worth grabbing and if you ever get a silencer be sure to grab subsonic ammo too.
>>
http://www.arescorporation.com/

Wait what
>>
>>52330281
I've got some questions about the different editons. Which one do you guys play the most. I've only ever played 5th and my group and I like it, but is it just me or are the rules for hacking and technomancers just atrocious? Like the whole way that stuff works is a mystery to me and the core book seems really unorganized.
>>
File: 5e matrix flowchart.pdf (819KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
5e matrix flowchart.pdf
819KB, 1x1px
>>52333166
>Which one do you guys play the most.
GMing a modified 4e game (with Ends of the Matrix)

>is it just me or are the rules for hacking and technomancers just atrocious?
No SR Edition ever had good hacking rules
Check PDF related and of course
>technomancers
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every day, until you like it

>the core book seems really unorganized.
That's what you get when the editor writes novels instead of checking if everything is ordered and the money for new editors is used for bathroom renovation
>>
File: 1483118681514.gif (1019KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
1483118681514.gif
1019KB, 500x210px
>>52330281
So I've never DMd before, but I was thinking about starting. I like the shadowrun universe, but I've never found a group for it. How shit-brained is my idea to try DMing a shadow-run campaign with my friends as my first DM experience?
>>
>>52333722
Good luck
You'll need it
Dearly
>>
File: canon.jpg (62KB, 313x404px) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
62KB, 313x404px
>>52333722
Just try running the Toolkit Starter runs with some prefab characters. It's a start.

Good luck.
>>
File: 1486776105555.jpg (125KB, 680x828px) Image search: [Google]
1486776105555.jpg
125KB, 680x828px
What are some unusual/fun ways of introducing a drug to an unknowing recipient that you guys have tried out?

We're being hired to assassinate a famous boxer, and our employer is willing to pay a bonus if we make it look like a legit death in the ring (at least for a short time). Our current plan (in the early stages of development) is to take some of our Sammy's Kamikaze and dose our target's opponent, have him do the dirty work for us in a drug-induced rage. Our main hitch is that both fighters are tested for drugs only a few minutes before the match begins, so our window of opportunity is small (there's also the issue of wether or not the other fighter deserves to have his life ruined for beating his opponent to death in the ring, but that's for another day).

Any boxing-fans in /srg/ know of any useful/fun opportunities to inconspicuously dope up a boxer without anyone being the wiser?
>>
>>52334764
Remote detonated Capsule round in their stomach?
Basically a small capsule filled with the drug (and possibly other stuff to facilitate intake) that is normally closed. Once a signal is sent the capsule opens and releases the compound into the persons stomach
Because at the beginning the drug is still in the capsule it can't be detected in the blood stream

Though you'd have to ask your GM if he allows this, since I don't know if this exists already or is supported/forbidden by any rules
I personally would allow it
>>
>>52334894
I wouldn't think of it as too hard to cobble together some kind of remote-triggered capsule round. The problem, mind you, would be getting him to eat the bloody thing without noticing something up.
>>
>>52334927
Infiltrate his home and give it to him while he sleeps?
I doubt that the capsule would pass the stomach within one day
Since they would most likely only check his blood and urine it won't be detected
>>
>>52334981
Could be worth a shot. I guess I was so wrapped up in the pre-match drugtest that I didn't fully consider all the options of introducing the drug before the match. I'll see if we can get his home-address and a blueprint of his house. Might have to google up what boxers do the night before a match to see who else is going to be there.
>>
>>52330978
Probably absorbed into Humanis, or at least cozies up next to them in prison where gang-relations have the most weight.
>>
File: bone of my sword.png (251KB, 651x483px) Image search: [Google]
bone of my sword.png
251KB, 651x483px
>>52332976
>http://www.arescorporation.com/
I can't even tell if this is a joke. And I hope it isn't.
>>
File: my meat expands to its limits.jpg (21KB, 199x307px) Image search: [Google]
my meat expands to its limits.jpg
21KB, 199x307px
>>52335249
>check legal info page
>check California Secretary of State
>check email web domain
>check physical address

Oh my god.

This IS real. Ares Technical Services Corporation. It's really fucking real.
>>
>>52330281
>How does your runner get from A to B?

In my Northrup Wasp...
>>
What's the best way to get into Shadowrun short of playing with some randoms on roll20? New prospective player and no one plays here.
>>
>>52337318
Unless you are willing to GM a game with strangers from your LGS, chances are you are going to have to go online to find a game, especially if nobody plays locally.
>>
>>52330281
An old rusty pickup truck affectionately named "Booty Haul"
>>
Quick question again

What's up with spirits and paracritter's normal weapon immunity?
Is it total immunity or more like some variant of hardened armor?
4e and 5e
>>
>>52337502
>Immunity to Normal Weapons: This applies to all attacks that are not magical in nature; weapon foci, spells, and adept or critter powers function normally. If the critter also has the Allergy weakness, then the Immunity does not apply against non-magical attacks made using the allergen..
>Effectively, the critter has a Hardened Armor rating equal to twice its Essence against that particular kind of damage (see Hardened Armor, p. 397). This means that if the modified Damage Value of the attack does not exceed the Immunity’s rating, then the attack automatically does no damage. If the modified DV exceeds the Immunity rating, perform a Damage Resistance test as normal, adding the Immunity rating to the dice pool for this test. Additionally, half (rounded up) of the Immunity rating counts as automatic hits on this test.
>>
>>52337897
Thanks man
>>
>>52337897
That post doesn't really answer the question. One quote suggest it is total immunity while the other says it's basically hardened armor.

Assuming first one is 4e and the second is 5e does that mean even the weakest spirits was invincible as long as no mage was around to stop it in previous editions?
>>
File: file.png (180KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
180KB, 343x480px
>>52337953
No problemo.
>>52334764
What style of boxing is it? Bare-knuckle or padded? You could get a custom-made Contact-vector version of the drug, put it in his gloves, or on the other guy's gloves or something.
>>52338377
Wut? No, both lines pasted from 5e, I don't pay attention to dead content. I just moved the text around for the sake of ordering. 4e's version is slightly different, in that the armour is double the critter's MAG rather than Essence and doesn't provide free hits, but armour values are generally lower in that edition.
>>
>>52338377
4e's isn't actually total immunity. IIRC most spirits still got fucked up by APDS and Stick-n-shock
>>
>>52333656
that's pretty cool do you have any other helpful cheat cheats like that?
>>
Would it be possible for a rigger to also become a sort of pseudo-Street Samurai through rigging a cyberzombie? Like maybe not as something the rigger would start with at character creation, but maybe through multiple campaigns? Just a curiosity I am wondering about keeping in mind the MKVI mission in Dragonfall and a my Pathfinder wizard possessing the body of one of those dark dwarf things so I could add it's stupidly high physical attributes to my own stupidly high mental ones.
>>
>>52330978
Yes. They're mentioned in one of the earlier 'lore only' books like Shadowbeat as a prison gang. I forget which.

There is also a pack of all-white bikers in LA, I think it was, who have connections.
>>
File: catgirltrainwait.gif (941KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
catgirltrainwait.gif
941KB, 343x480px
>>52338478

>Not posting the .gif

Yekka, you sadden the catposter.
>>
Step 1: Hail a bus or cab.
Step 2: Hope noone checks the suspiciously panther-cannon shaped bag of the man who is 7 feet tall, never blinks, is grotesquely over-muscled, has obvious cyberware and is chugging down immuno-suppressants.
>>
>>52330281
I don't have a runner, unfortunately.
But my players? All of them started with resources E, except one. He had D. So nobody had a ride til they "negotiated" an early payment from their defenseless qt Johnson and used that to buy a car. They still haven't decided who will keep it after the run, since the only player with ranks in Pilot doesn't wanna keep the "piece of shit car" since it's too low class for his level of lifestyle.
>>
File: tumblr_nbe35zqXKX1t1ye6to1_500.gif (396KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbe35zqXKX1t1ye6to1_500.gif
396KB, 500x281px
>>52339466
That fucking mission, every time. Stirrup interfaces for 'rigging' bio-drones exist, but it's not a 1:1 translation for various reasons. While it's possible that someone could have developed the technology, it's definitely not something that's mass-market available. Best you could get is like a metahuman-customised orientation goad.
>>52339485
I keep forgetting that I can't ctrl-v gifs into the posting frame, it defaults everything to .png.. :(
>>52339576
>Resources D
>Too low level
Wut?
>>
>>52339589
No no no. The character complaining is one of the guys with E resources. It has a Middle lifestyle, and Creature of Comfort (High), since before getting his identity stolen used to be from a rich family and a popular surgeon. Now just spends the session complaining about the crew forcing him to pose as the janitor while making the legwork/run since he is the only one with an actually good Fake SIN.
>>
>>52330281

My motorbike with aquatic capabilities that I have affectionately dubbed "The Boatercycle"
>>
File: 1424268621081.jpg (522KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1424268621081.jpg
522KB, 1024x768px
>>52330281
armored van that is used for day job as a corpse legger.

>>52339813
>"The Boatercycle"
first off. cool
second. you made me smile

>There needs to be rules for older vehicles
Like, actual IRL vehicles would be cool as shit to try and run in shadowrun
>1975 ford pinto that has survived a century
>now heavily racing equipped and being used to show today's street racers that grandpa is going to whip some ass right off the line

>"do you even NOS?"
>"LOL hybrid fags get fukt"
>"I drive a electric cuz i'm gay"
>"i'm a rigger because i'm a wussy"
>>
What book are the rules for subsonic ammo in?
>>
>>52340051
Hard Targets
>>
>>52340026
Now I can't help but imagine a subculture of greaser-equivalents, 20 somethings dressing like 1990's stereotypes of 85 year old men. Shirts buttoned all the way up, tucked into pants with suspenders that are over the belly button, reeking of mothballs, thick horn rimmed glasses, calling themselves Noah and Davis, with Maureen or Ethyl in the passengers side in winged glasses, grey hair so heavily permed it counts as a chemical warfare device, driving 50s oldsmobiles, talking in shitty slang about Jerry and Charlie.
>>
>>52340431
Scratch that, there's probably something like that in one of the Japan writeups.
>>
Anyone know a good place to download skyscraper blueprints for use with SR?
>>
>>52340431
>>52340442
I imagine a guy driving his great grandfather's muscle car and still building onto it.

A legacy car tearing up the streets of shadowrun with an engine that produces well over 700 horse power.

>"this car has been in my family for generations. It has claimed a hundred trophies over many years. When I'm gone it will claim a hundred more and my children will make the same boast. Can you say the same with your jackrabbit? Didn't think so."
>>
>"This car holds 17 national championship trophies. The last one was from 2053. I say its time for 2075 to make its place on the wall."
>>
>>52340580
I was gonna do something similar with a 1911 being passed down from war to war to finally the "war" against corp oppression, but then I remembered that the Gulf War didn't happen and there's no wars fought by the states for the next couple decades so the line has no where to carry on through.
>>
>>52340730
you know the united states has bases in over 70 nations right? The US has more special operations shit going on than any other nation combined, and between wars there are a shit ton of war games, practice, training, drills, you name it. Plus a military family would probably have each member as a career service member.

You totally could do that. Hell, you're also forgetting about police officers and home defense use of the 1911.

>"I carried this gun for 15 years. Now its your turn. Keep it safe, as your grandpa watches over who ever holds it."
>>
>>52340766
By the 2070s that could be three or four times great grandfather.
>>
>>52340795
>three or four times great grandfather
imagine how bad ass that would be though. You use that 1911 and the spirit of your grandfather who served in world war one shows up and assists you in war.

or when you're about to be killed and all of them show up as ghosts of themselves in the prime and pride of their lives wearing their dress uniforms and full medals.
>>
>>52340795
>>52340730
also totally possible to do that with the colt new agent, as its the "special agent" in shadowrun.
>>
>>52340814
That was exactly the idea I was going for. For full Americana, ideally they would all be marines.
>>
>>52340851
>marines
you mean army
>>
>>52340893
If you don't think the Marines are the most American thing there is, then you clearly aren't an American.
>>
So is there any information about Prague around? The only notable stuff I can find is referencing how it is pretty much the home of hermetic magic.
>>
>>52340851
there is a lack of american noble families. I'm thinking of building an underground house when i'm in my forties and keep working on it until i'm dead. then my children can have a kick ass house that will last 800 years. That way they have a castle keep for when feudalism claims the united states because capitalism failed.

>my last name is 800 years old and i'm pure irish.
>time to make a new family seat
>and exploit the neighbors.

>>52340907
>clearly aren't american
>marines
As an american I disagree with you.

Marines are simply full of more fuck fuck games than the Army, also less room for advancement and maneuverability.

There are way more batshit crazy people in the Army than there are in the marines.
>rangers
>delta force
>air borne
>armored cav
>infantry
>tiffany that fucks 50 dudes in a month
>>
>>52334764
you could maybe plant someone among his coaches or whoever those guys are who fix the fighters up between rounds to administer it in some way. Maybe lace his water with it.
>>
>>52340948
I dunno about tying the 1911 to a family. Obviously it's been passed down through one, but at the same time I feel like it would be cooler as something like Excalibur. The lineage isn't who wields it, everyone who wields it becomes part of that lineage.
>>
>>52341035
I like lineage legacy items. Like a revolver from 1885 with the family name engraved on it and it's become a badge of office. You grow up waiting to inherit the revolver that is your birth right.

birth rights are pretty cool when you're the oldest and next in line in a massive family. I'm next in line for the family gun collection. So far its at 300 rifles and 200 handguns. Everyone of those firearms are precious to me as they were held by my family. Earliest one is from 19th century. We had a few going back to 16th century Ireland, but they simply were lost among the descendants.

>now i'm worried about having to find a woman willing to raise 6 kids that bring desirable genetic traits and is also irish.
>>
>>52340948
>There are way more batshit crazy people in the Army than there are in the marines.

Agreed. Most people I know are suicidal or straight sociopaths. Marines are usually more jovial in my limited experience.
>>
>>52341079
the marines just have higher standards and less people to do the same amount of jobs. that slogan "the few the proud the marines" that's because a marine could be a mechanic, a desk clerk, a grounds keeper, and 20 other jobs in a 10 year career.
>>
File: file.png (68KB, 593x887px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68KB, 593x887px
Right, that's a bit nicer. Some of the design decisions in this application, I swear
>>
>>52340026
One of my old runners had a fully restored El Camino. Had to beef up the suspension so that the Troll PA could ride in the bed.
>>
>>52341770
the el camino's real issue was the frame itself. GM uses subframes that like to bend/warp. the suspension is perfectly fine for a trolls weight.
>>
>>52330281
My face rides in a Westwind and tosses the Rigger the keys for funsies.

(Face only has 5 ground vehicles dice.)
>>
I've got a question about Trid Phantasm.

A mage creates an illusion of a stone wall between her and a couple of cops. Cop 1 fails to resist but Cop 2 passes. What does Cop 2 see? If it was regular Phantasm I'd say he doesn't see the wall because he shook off the mental effect. Trid Phantasm though actually manipulates light to create an image of a stone wall. Does Cop 2 just know it's not real but can't see through it since it's a physical image?
>>
>>52343177
I would say that the first cop gets a reroll when the second points it out, but in all honesty, as a gm, I batchroll my guard groups. If one fails, they all fail their perceptions; individually they may pass, and this is represented via base roll +1 per squaddie, so a squad of 4 has 10 dice, while a squad of 2 has 8.

One notices, points it out, they go from there.

In combat, all bets are off.
>>
>>52343177
Raise your hand up to your eyes
move it to the side so it's only visible by one eye
see how you hand seems transparent?
That's what I think you see. You see the wall, but also what's behind it, and your brain combines it into a picture of a transparent wall
>>
>>52343290
That's actually a really neat way of representing it.
>>
>why the fuck can't shadowrun decide what its trolls look like?

Page 100 in the core rule book has a troll that looks like a folk tale from norway in 1024 AD holding a kama sutra book for trolls.

Then there is Eiger from the game, and she is arguably hot by some.

Same for the Orks too. Some just look like malformed retards with teeth while others look like husky hot women with muscles and tiny tusks.
>>
>>52343517
Because Coleman had to make the decision to either
>pay people to make consistent and high quality troll art
or
>pay people to renovate his bathroom

guess which one he took
>>
>>52343612
no, that art is really fucking bad. Also doesn't make sense because the way the fucking drew that shit up. Just the worst dumb shit that you have to purposely go out of your way to make it look goofy.

also fuck his bathroom. I couldn't care less if he has to take a shit in a room that is wallpapered with covers from high times magazine
>>
>>52343746
>I couldn't care less if he has to take a shit in a room that is wallpapered with covers from high times magazine
See, Coleman put the SR money into what he cared about: His house
Which is why the quality of all that art is shit
Because nobody was really paid to produce anything better
>>
>>52343517
>Then there is Eiger from the game
... Which has almost nothing to do with CGL and the RPG, besides sharing a name and setting.
>>
>>52343845
yeah, and that is pigheaded and stupid on his part.

>>52343888
I know it is, but eiger is an example. If you look at the cover of hard targets, that troll cunt is pretty fine looking
>>
>>52343290
Would a mage have line of sight to the other side? My interpretation is that the image of the wall persists until the spell is dropped. The cop who resisted knows it's fake, but him knowing that does not change the appearance of the spell.
>>
>>52343910
Sure, but unless you take over CGL, fire him and change the company policy nothing will happen

>>52343937
Mages are not affected by their own Illusion spells. E.g. if you cast Improved invisibility on someone you can still see them.
>>
>>52343952
Say Cop 2 is a mage then.
>>
So, I've managed to convince my players to try out the shadowrun setting last week. Had them scare the managed of a fast food place as a favor for a guy with contacts. Somehow they ended up burning the entire place to the ground, but everyone had fun.

Now I want them to get an actual run next week. What kind of run is good to give them a feel for the setting and what they can expect later on? Of all of us I'm the one who knows most about SR and cyberpunk in general, and I want to get it through to them that this isn't DnD with guns in a way that they'll still have fun.
>>
>>52343952
you're right. and maybe I SHOULD take the company over, fire him and make changes

like the books having functional table of fucking contents. Art not being stupid. The guns following normal fucking rules. Vehicles having stats that don't change every edition and actually make sense by comparison to real life ones.

>wishful thinking
add some other things you'd like to see for when I take over CGL
>>
>>52343978
Then yeah, the light of the other side is still reaching his eyes so he can cast on that.
>>
>>52330978
>>52331426
>>52335218
Reminder that Humanis is not a gang. Humanis is a public policlub, an official lobbyist group.

They have alleged links to groups like Alamos 20,000 and Human Nation, which are gangs/terrorist groups, but being a Humanis member is no different from being part of any fringe political group, like Canadian republicans or libertarians.
>>
>>52344230
Sure, but that doesn't mean that they don't have sub-groups in prisons (what I referred to as "prison offshoots")
And I at least can't remember reading about them having contact to prison gangs/groups that work with Humanis
>>
>>52334764
DMSO and Kami soaked into one of the towels they use to wipe the guy down.

They check his water bottle for drugs, but who would check the rags?
>>
>>52344305
you'd have to be careful not to touch the towel yourself
And I guess you meant Blood of Kali? Haven't heard of a drug called Kami yet
>>
I miss reading Shadowland corporate and threats gossip/banter so much. Are there any other franchises that use this narrative format?
>>
>>52334764
"Oh! Hey! Boxer dude! You're my favorite! Will you sign this for me?"

DMSO+Contact poison on pen/paper?
>>
>>52343910
>If you look at the cover of hard targets, that troll cunt is pretty fine looking
And there exists in setting easily available corrective cosmetic surgery with multiple corporations aggressively backing its use.
>>
File: Prague.jpg (202KB, 680x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Prague.jpg
202KB, 680x1068px
>>52340936
Shadows of Europe and SOTA 2064. Dragons of the Sixth World for info on Schwartzkopf, THE player in that city.
>>
File: Ooh La La.gif (3MB, 366x246px) Image search: [Google]
Ooh La La.gif
3MB, 366x246px
>>52341692
>>
>>52344406
yeah, but i'm pretty sure that is not the case with that chick on hard targets.

anyone going with a shit ton of surgery to look normal isn't going to be going all mirrored shades operator.
>>
>>52343997
>What kind of run is good to give them a feel for the setting and what they can expect later on?

Depends on why they burned that place down, as to what they want to do there. Some sample low-level runs:

>Hired by ecoactivist groups to intercept a company dumping chemicals into the local river. They're supposed to film it happening (including getting logos in frame) for publication on the Matrix, but stop the trucks before it actually dumps. Toxic spirits optional.

>Extraction of an industrial designer from a company picnic (guards present) for a competitor in the microwave business

>Working as muscle for a Japanacorp wageslave going to sell low-level company secrets to the Ancients in exchange for the elves giving up their blackmail material (his internet history shows he faps to trolls)

>driving out a bunch of thugs with pretensions of being a gang from a low-income neighbourhood that doesn't have the steady cash for a real syndicate to protect them
>>
File: Blending In.gif (1MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
Blending In.gif
1MB, 500x225px
>>52344330
Kami as in kamikaze. It's the language of the streets.
>>
>>52334764

Tailored nanites to kill the brain, time it with a good knock to the head and down they go. The bonus is that they wont show up on drug tests.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (17KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
17KB, 240x312px
>>52341692

Goddamn, that looks good.

I imagine we could get a weapons one that has the same thing going on, too?
>>
Have they published anything on Thule yet?
>>
How do I make "the city itself is awakening into some kind of greater astral being" a good plot point?
I am considering it being a near bug spirit level magic disaster.
>>
File: FFXIV_Alexander.png (3MB, 1562x1125px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_Alexander.png
3MB, 1562x1125px
>>52345153

Subtle. Over time. If it's the city the runners are in constantly, they may not notice the background changes, but visiting mages would notice.

Depending on the nature of the being it may take obvious or subtle actions. Does it consider the people to be organisms in its body as we do with our cells? Does it consider them a hostile presence to be removed? Somewhere in-between? (Taking a moral stance with regards to good and evil actions)

If you want how to use it: Inexplicable things that may help or inhibit runs within the city. Reports of 'glitches' in traffic systems. Something like a pipe bursting that stops a police chase in favor of one party or the other.
>>
>>52344631
>Depends on why they burned that place down
It was an accident, actually. Mage wanted to intimidate the manager but got a little too carried away.

The ecoactivist and thug scenarios seem cool, thanks senpai.
>>
>>52345247
It considers the people to be part of itself.
In a possibly dangerous way.
You may start finding mutants and people fused into walls.
>>
>>52345371

Consider that it may influence awakened (who then influence others) into a cult about itself then.
>>
File: THINKING.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
THINKING.png
9KB, 160x160px
Can a host just be shut down? Like, powered off? This assumes to be either the actual owner or spider in charge who would have appropriate ownership, and not some decker.
>>
>>52345414
That's good.
I'm also stealing your beneficial glitches for people it likes.
>>
>>52345442
Yes, but it's a last ditch effort, because it takes a long time to reboot, and you're probably losing a bunch of unsaved data floating around. Data Trails has a bit on it, can't be bothered to find the page for ya though
>>
File: 1464202938948.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464202938948.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>Join "The Shadowcasters Network" Discord
>It has an IC-only channel
>>
>>52345354
>mikhail.jpg
>>
>>52345497
God the new rules for the matrix are bullshit. Apparently hosts aren't hardware anymore, but are hardware. You grow them in the matrix, then sticky tape them to a terminal.
>>
>>52345497

I was looking through data trails, and accidentally read some foundation rules.

What the fuck were they thinking with this shit. Jesus.
>>
>>52332127
If you've got a competent decker in the group, trust them. Electronic Firing + Silencer + Trigger Removal fired through the DNI can be hilariously quiet and precise. Some GMs will let you do it through a datajack and not let deckers brick your gun from afar. Total of -5 to find you via sound and a +1 to accuracy.

Folding Stock has never disappointed me.
Improved Range Finder can let your AR double as a sniper. Rarely will you ever have to fire across 150m+.
Extended Clip R2 to never have to worry about reloading mid-firefight again.
And get your hands on a Yamaha Raiden ASAP
>>
>>52345695
No idea, nor does anyone I spoke with.The general idea was "decker brings his pals along on a Matrix psychedelic joyride" but I have yet to see anyone use those.
>>
>>52345695
>>52345793
I have a GM who really likes the matrix a e s t h e t i c and so I played a technomancer. We decided to do a foundation run but had to do it in a side session because it's a solo dungeon on top of the other solo dungeon that is the matrix.

Never. Again. Three hours of work to nab three files and get out half dead a few seconds away from the world turning against me. Not to mention having to have another, oh, 20 fucking 8 rolls to keep track of that your matrix stats aren't designed for - oh, you're built for stealth hacking? How about we make you roll 800 computer-based rolls against this R4 host with a 6 firewall. And even if you succeed you're going to cause a convergence because you're taking an action not related to the interior host landscape.

A mess. A total mess.
>>
>>52345903

Well, as with everything else in this system, time for house rules and handwaves. I like the idea of foundation, but the crunch sounds miserable.
>>
>>52343517
>Same for the Orks too. Some just look like malformed retards with teeth while others look like husky hot women with muscles and tiny tusks.

So some Troll or Ork women are hot and some are ugly, just like Humans. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>52346390
yeah, because ugly humans look like this IRL
>>
>>52346499
There are some ugly motherfuckers that look worse than that in real life. And don't forget, there is plenty of opportunity for being an ugly fragger in the Sixth World thanks to a hundred different diseases, magical phenomena, mutative genetic expression, and 'ware that can alter your appearance in a myriad of different ways.
>>
File: 1453962299261.jpg (149KB, 736x521px) Image search: [Google]
1453962299261.jpg
149KB, 736x521px
What happens when a caracter is about to die and decide to inject himself with the Vampiric virus ? Will he be back to full health or will he have done this for nothing like a good retard ?
>>
File: 1439623145563.jpg (618KB, 1280x2009px) Image search: [Google]
1439623145563.jpg
618KB, 1280x2009px
>family legacy and family spirits coming into battle
I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it.
>>
>>52333166
4th with a couple house rules is almost always a better feel mostly because CGL actually had an editor at the time.

3rd is also a thing.
>>
>>52346622
Oh man, ancestor spirits must be totally confused by the 6th World.
"My descendent is a *WHAT*?!"
"Omnisexual pantheistix transgenic vampiric goblin changeling bunruku transhuman fucktoy."
"... I understood one word in that."
>>
>>52346499
You can find a lot of stylized goofy-looking art of humans across the SR books, but I wouldn't hold those up as the standard for all humans.
>>
>>52346586
It depends on the how and why of about to die.

If the death is, say, by imminant immolation from lots of fire, the guy's gonna die.

If he's poisoned or bleeding out, again, going to die before the HMHVV can change anything.

If it's a longer term death, like say a different disease that's going to take longer than HMHVV, then becoming a ghoul or vampire or what have you might be a cure.

Or it might not. Depends on the other illness a bit.
>>
Karma, Sum or Priority?
>>
>>52347235

Sum makes "superior" characters.

Priority makes mores balanced characters

Karma somewhere in the middle
>>
>>52347317
>Sum makes "superior" characters.
how do you mean?
>>
>>52347235

KarmaGen makes more versatile characters.

SumToTen makes very specialized fuck-off broken characters.

Priority is in the middle.
>>
>>52347317
>>52347235
>>52347432

you forgot life modules
>>
>>52347428
STT has anywhere from 900-1300 karma value depending on how you spend things, encourages specializatoon
>>
>>52347428
All cheesy builds use Sum.
>>
>>52347428
Sum is perfect to make a min-maxed combat autist well beyond normal prioritygen

>>52347317
Karma makes balanced characters. Priority is just a lesser grade of combat autists.
>>
>>52347432
>>52347468
What makes a character specialized? Would it be someone maxing their attributes and skills for their archetype while completely ignoring other skills that could be useful with a couple of points in?
>>
>>52347553

20+ Automatics Dice at chargen but literally no other functionality due to the nuyen dump/focus required for that
>>
I Wonder what the japanese gameshows are like in shadowrun
>>
>>52347553
They can shoot better than the heroes in the trids but they are functionally autistic in regards to literally everything else.
>>
>>52347597
wouldn't this character be useless though? Sure they can shoot a gun but they can't do anything else without defaulting the skill check, right?
>>
>>52347634

See >>52347613

I mean you could put a palty amount in shit like etiquette and con, but don't expect to get mileage out of it.
>>
>>52347634
You underestimate how useful being a death machine can be to a team.
>>
>>52347634
Shadowrunning is a team sport. Nobody is good at everything, but most are great at one or two things. So what the samurai can't schmooze the crowds or sneak into a compound. You got a face who does the talking and a ninja adept who does the breaking and entering. Chances are neither of those people are as good at straight up murder when the plan inevitably goes sideways and bullets start flying.
>>
>>52347607
>This elf, this orc and this troll have to complete this deadly obstacle course, let's see which one survives
>We told the survivor that he would get a visa to leave the empire if he swore to never return and sucked the producer off
>Of course we didn't tell the survivor that he would have to avoid the five deadly assassins and traps we set in the airport
>And we also lied, the plane is set to blow up the moment he sets foot on it
>>
>>52347697
This isn't "can't schmooze or sneak", this kind of dedication is "can't even default on etiquette and sneak and will absolutely be a liability in any social situation"

A combat autist is both the worst kind of character for a team and the kind of character non karma-gen encourages.
>>
>>52347634
It's a scale where both ends are useless and the middle is good

One end is the hyper specialized min-maxer that may have 20+ Dice in guns and 30 soak dice, but is shit at everything else
The other end is the Jack of all trades, master of none, which means you can do everything but poorly

STT goes in the first direction and KarmaGen in the second, but as >>52347697 said it's something in between. Your runner should follow the 12/8/4 rule. 12+ Dice in his primary skills, 8+ dice in his secondary skills, 6+ dice in his tertiary skills
So you should be very good at what you do, but have some abilities outside of it (such as a point in etiquette).
And since during gameplay you use karma it is often better to specialize at the beginning and widen later.
>>
>>52347737
>A combat autist is both the worst kind of character for a team and the kind of character non karma-gen encourages.

Nobody but autists play this goddamn game so autist characters are to be expected.
>>
A well rounded team contains:

>Magic
>Decking
>Face
>Combat Monster

There are certain setups that can dual role:

>A Magician can easily be a CHA tradition that allows them to pull double duty as a face)
>A Decker can also use a rifle decently well

etc.
>>
>>52347777
>Karmagen in the second
Karmagen is not the second though.
>>
>>52347779
>redditrunner projecting
>>
File: 8a5.jpg (22KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
8a5.jpg
22KB, 600x315px
>>52347737

Face deals with Mr.Johnson while Street sam helps
>>
>>52347797
Why not? with karmagen you need more karma the higher the skill, which makes getting high skills cost more that getting a point in a lot of skill
I only said it goes in that direction, not that it will inevitably lead to it
>>
>>52347597
STT doesn't force characters to turn out this way, it just makes it cheaper to do it.
>>
File: VomitBlood.gif (350KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
VomitBlood.gif
350KB, 500x282px
What is the point of combat spells? The only way to make them as effective as a gun is to crank up the force so high that if you fail your drain test, you'll boil your brains out your nose.

Pick somewhat related.
>>
>>52347938

Use direct.

Direct: Spellcasting test opposed by BOD (Physical
spells) or WIL (Mana spells)
Net Hits = Damage (no Damage Resistance test)
>>
>>52347938
Direct spells are for the guys that have huge armor+body pools or dodge pools, letting you cut the resistance down to just body or will versus your casting.

They do best when single targeted, Witness My Hate-ed, and limit boosted by reagents.

The indirects do okay around force 6 by mostly having large amounts of AP. A 7 is for tougies, a 5 for people with little armor, and Areas for dodgers.
>>
>>52347998
>>52348017
Cheers, thanks chummers.
>>
>>52347938
I like it that way. I hate when mages insist on using magic for everything so blasting being mostly a trap option suits me fine.
>>
>>52348045

Eh, I think each of the classes of magic should be equally viable to focus on. As mages do tend to end up 'Manipulation with a little health' almost universally.
>>
>>52348045
>I hate when mages use magic
wat
>>
>>52348064
>Magic is only blasting
>>
>>52348059

Addendum: I would, however, like some reasons to actually focus a bit more though. Combat suffers heavily from 'If you have one combat spell, you rarely need other combat spells too much' and health barely exists outside of Increased Reflexes and Heal.

It's an area Shadowrun could really do with a redo for in future editions. Making the various magic types a bit more evenly spread around rather than 'Do direct damage' and 'Do literally everything that involves manipulation' being sold as two equal schools.
>>
If a spider gets 3 marks on a decker's deck, does that reveal the fake SIN that they have to the spider, because all objects must have ownership?
>>
>>52347938
if you're going to use combat spells, do it like pokemon.
Use the damage type to your advantage, rather than just blowing them sky high.
>>
>>52348322

On a related note: Is it worth actually trying to figure out how much Matrix damage a device of theirs takes from electrical?

Seems to me that the target would get stunned out before that ever becomes relevant
>>
What does leadership do? It seems more for flavour than anything
>>
>>52348373
I could see it coming up if you did a called shot on vehicle or a target had a pain editor.
Also, maybe a long term campaign you might need to account for repairing the additional matrix damage.
>>
>>52348628
depends on the edition
>>
>>52348650
5th
>>
>>52348669
Core book, page 141
>>
>>52345354
In what ways does it contrast with DVD ? What could your players do that they would do in and to upset this game?
Genuinely curious
>>
>>52349110
DVD?
>>
>>52344506
Smooth troll = got the work done. Pretty simple.
>>
>>52349535
Dnd
>>
>>52349110
Could you repeat the question?
Because I'm reading this post for like the fifth time and I still don't know what you want to ask
>>
>>52349972
I want you to compare and contrast dnd and shadow run barring the obvious elements thank you for your consideration
Sorry I typed it then
>>
I just run a session that both i and the players were satisfied with.
>>
>>52350094
What happened?

>>52350021
Difference in what area? Generally? Concerning characters? Fighting? Magic?
>>
File: tumblr_o5yokmDeMV1qc3ju8o3_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5yokmDeMV1qc3ju8o3_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>52345024
Yup. It's in the latest nightly build, I'll be updating the stable build later this weekend.
>>
>>52350094
good going did you and your buddies laugh hardy? all was well then? well done chum what was the scenario
>>
>>52350107
hello
>I need my players to know this is not dnd wuth guns

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>52350107
>>52350134
The crew had a stop in a small city in Salish-Shidhe County and had a handful of nightly adventures.

They experienced straightforward racism from a motel owner, broke into a car, made a dwarf calm down, made the party face paranoid, the vampire mangled and fed on some hoodlums and the decker landed a one-night stand with a troll.
>>
Are gun mounts worth investing in as a non-rigger? I'm making a go-ganger so I feel like they should have a gun on their bike
>>
File: scarab.jpg (171KB, 659x615px) Image search: [Google]
scarab.jpg
171KB, 659x615px
How would you say the whole shadowrun insect spirit thing should interact with ancient mythologies that actually include insects already?

Like, ancient Egypt had the whole scarab thing. If you play some shaman aligned to that tradition, are you trucking with the forbidden buggy powers? Are those insect-like entities in your tradition "not really" insect spirits as they're elsewhere understood in the setting? Are they insect spirits that were somehow "tamed" or transformed/bound by that tradition's other spirits?

... Is this somehow related to why dragons allegedly stay the fuck away from Egypt?
>>
>>52330281
How do I make a ghoul extermination campaign? The runners start as professional soldiers and then have to hide away somewhere in South America after being accused of war crimes committed in Africa. In South America the take on new identities and run jobs and all that. Is this lame? Any thoughts ?
>>
>>52350753
season 2 is South America ****
>>
>>52350693
>Are those insect-like entities in your tradition "not really" insect spirits
Probs this. Insect spirits are astral exemplars of voracious hunger and oppressive inhumanity.
>>
>>52350156
original guy here. Maybe it was my and the previous gm's way of doing DnD, but it was mostly about adventures with clearly defined good-bad morality and dungeon crawling where only being a complete moron would actually get you killed for real. Since healing and resurrection was cheap and even getting your soul stolen would generally just mean your party member could go on another adventure to get it back.

In contrast, I feel like there isn't a clear good-bad most of the time in shadowrun. Also, the players should want to prepare well and not just jump into the fray at the first oppertunity without thinking things through a little. Being an idiot should mean you get geeked.
>>
File: DnD vs SR.jpg (228KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
DnD vs SR.jpg
228KB, 1343x607px
>>52350156
>>
>>52351174
>>52351245
Thanks guys this was the sort of clear understanding I was seeking
>>
File: Rewards.png (12KB, 702x365px) Image search: [Google]
Rewards.png
12KB, 702x365px
I'm trying to tweak the rewards equation some, because I find that the current one is just fucking unrewarding and feels shitty. Not "Wow, this world sucks shitty" but "I don't even know why we fucking play" shitty.

I went in with the concepts of "Mr.Johnson is paying the nuyen, so let's add multipliers for shit he actually cares about" and Karma is "How much effort/bloodshed did it take"

I'm not sure if I should make Nuyen /3 or /2. I should probably do some spreadsheet math to see how they chart out based on the varying dicepools.
>>
>>52352688
where are the official reward table anyways? I checked the core book and neither me nor my gm found one so he decided the average pay for a run was 5 to 15 nuyen split among all team members and 3 to 5 karma per game
>>
>>52352688
Double the nuyen rewards given in the book.
Allow characters to "Work for the Man/People" between runs, exchanging karma for nuyen at 2K per ¥2000 and vice versa. A max of once per week.

That should work out more or less ok.
>>
File: rewardscore.png (226KB, 618x574px) Image search: [Google]
rewardscore.png
226KB, 618x574px
>>52352984

Page 376, core.

>>52353013

Let me run some numbers on this and get back to you.
>>
Where can I find some good female ork art? Do you guys have any good female ork art?
>>
>>52353367
Depends on where you fall on the greenskin - > waifu scale. What are you looking for?

In general I find a lot of art on Pinterest and Tumblr.
>>
So what cities contain deltaclinics? Confirmed ones. As confirmed as it ever gets, anyway.

I know Tokyo has one indie/corporate clinic, and LA (probably) has one in a basement of a flooded club. There's supposed to be 9 in north america, with maybe 1-2 of those being indie clinics. Not sure about the rest of the world.
>>
>>52353367
google
>>
>>52353367
Art station. It's like deviantart, if you took out the furries and replaced them with people who actually do 'art' for a living.
>>
>>52353653
Pretty certain most of them are deliberately ambiguous. I think Cross had one in Quebec.
>>
File: Getting there.png (34KB, 649x461px) Image search: [Google]
Getting there.png
34KB, 649x461px
It seems that simply multiplying it by 2 was just too much. 8DP opponents/low risk runs were paying out too much. Kept tweaking with it and came up with this.

The only one I'm on the fence about is the +karma per enemies defeated/routed, but I feel the need to put that in because I want to reward players for dealing with the slog of combat, if it comes down to it.
>>
Wanted to play shadowrun for a long time and finally got a group to play with. What should I invest my Karma into as a Rigger, other than money for drones and a van?
>>
File: GilaAgain.jpg (458KB, 600x1013px) Image search: [Google]
GilaAgain.jpg
458KB, 600x1013px
>>52353367
>>
File: 1436388886215.jpg (466KB, 620x807px) Image search: [Google]
1436388886215.jpg
466KB, 620x807px
>>52353367
>>
File: IMG_2639.png (399KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2639.png
399KB, 800x640px
>>52353367
>>
File: IMG_3501.jpg (708KB, 1576x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3501.jpg
708KB, 1576x2048px
A while back there was a big list of band names and music genres that anons here made up, does anyone still have that?
>>
File: 1452025461673.png (434KB, 1024x995px) Image search: [Google]
1452025461673.png
434KB, 1024x995px
>>52353367
>>
File: 1456230655869.jpg (218KB, 774x976px) Image search: [Google]
1456230655869.jpg
218KB, 774x976px
>>52353367
>>
File: asian ork cutey.jpg (18KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
asian ork cutey.jpg
18KB, 280x420px
>>52353367
>>
>>52352984
>3 to 5 karma

Poor guy.
>>
File: Pinky the Ork.jpg (492KB, 650x825px) Image search: [Google]
Pinky the Ork.jpg
492KB, 650x825px
>>52353367
>>
File: Ork mage.jpg (105KB, 580x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ork mage.jpg
105KB, 580x1500px
>>52353367
>>
File: Ork with axe.jpg (383KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ork with axe.jpg
383KB, 900x1500px
>>52353367
>>
>>52346622
So how did that turn out ? What comic is this anyway ?
>>
>>52356102

Looks like an Elf with HMHVV to me.
>>
>>52357296
dunno. didn't really dig into it. but its the same artist who drew up Zombo, which is funny as hell. 2000AD comics are cool
>>
File: 9d5738155fd7b6715efc69fe5a592ae5.jpg (212KB, 1600x776px) Image search: [Google]
9d5738155fd7b6715efc69fe5a592ae5.jpg
212KB, 1600x776px
>>52330281
Runner uses either public bus or asks for a ride from Knight Errant boyfriend. Occasionally walks.
>>
>>52338824
Here is a tip: It is "cheat sheet"
>>
>>52357360
Could be anything with pointy ears (every metatype has them) and pointy teeth. (they're 100Â¥ from your corner chopdoc)
>>
>>52357470
but top row chompers instead of bottom row chompers? Seems like vamp territory to me, and that vamp looks cuddly.
>>
>>52332976
>
http://www.aztechnology.com
>>
>>52357543
http://www.neonet.com
>>
>>52357558
http://www.evo.com/
>>
>>52357479
Look again. I'm seeing lower teeth sticking out.

Also, vamps get upper and lower.
>>
>>52357479
Double also; yeah 'classic' upper-only vamp teeth are available as augs.

People like getting fucked up shit, and getting teeth that remind people of vamps when there are real vamps barely scratches the surface. In the middle of the Universal Brotherhood / bug scare, bug mods became popular.
>>
>>52357695
I wish they filled out those hints of 'rising night' they started in late 4e. A secondary vampiric uprising might have been nice.
>>
>>52357695
but would you cuddle a vamp?
>>
>>52357759
Yes. And I would kiss one and hold its hand.
>>
File: 4415245462_52e0c2de7b_o.jpg (164KB, 650x750px) Image search: [Google]
4415245462_52e0c2de7b_o.jpg
164KB, 650x750px
>>52357986
in the sixth world sex has been trivialized.
>hand holding hasn't
please keep finger razors retracted
>>
So, my group just started playing 2nd edition (my GM picked up some old books online), but our first session soon turned into an argument of politic and economic stuffs of the setting (like if there is a "Central Bank" to control the flow of Nuyen, or how does a law is cemented in a mega corporation-controlled land, given that the top brass aren't democratically-elected leaders.)

Anyone here know any books which can answer those questions? It doesn't have to be the 2nd edition, though.
>>
>>52358195
There is a 'central bank' - that would be Zurich Orbital. They've never really gotten into the nitty gritty of the setting that I know of, but Shadowbeat has the best nittygritty of a lot of it. The fluff I've seen calls it a datamint.

The more recent corporate guides talk about megacorp law. There is a thing called the BRA - business recognition accords - that countries recognise, giving extraterritoriality to megacorps. People who work for those corporations have corporate court approved contracts, and that means agreeing to the laws put in place by the corporation's legal executives.
>>
>>52358319
Thanks! Which book is it?
>>
>>52358195
Get a copy of Corporate Guide, which should be 3e.
>>
>>52358347
For which? Shadowbeat contains specific information on random aspects of the setting, but mostly entertainment. There's a corporate law section in 2e's corporate shadowfiles, but that's easy to find in a lot of books, like corporate guide, market panic, etc. Lots of Shadowrun fluff is like dakr souls - scattered around and made purposefully irritating.
>>
>>52358363
Actually, 4e. Corporate Download is 3e.
>>
>Player sends me his sheet.
>Playing Prime Runners
>Ork with .85 essence
>Pain Editor via Restricted Gear
>1 agility boosted to 9 via 5 alphaware cyberlimbs and Biocompatibility.
>Synaptic Booster Rating 2
>Called Shot Perks
>Superhuman Psychosis
>Combat Junkie
>Poor Self Control (Sadistic)
>Prejudiced (Sentient Beings, Radical)
>mfw
>>
File: 1485135680331.jpg (246KB, 703x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485135680331.jpg
246KB, 703x1200px
>>52358818
What do the other characters look like? I've always wanted to do a Prime Runners game. Also, what's the backstory for them working together?
>>
>>52358818
Keep him in a cage and only let him out of there whenever you need something killed violently
So basically treat him like an sentient gun
>>
>>52358832
He's the first sheet so I don't know yet, I'm still building up the first session but fuck.
>>
>>52358818
>Prejudiced (Sentient Beings, Radical)
Tell them to dial it back a bit, unless they want to be treated like >>52358849.

They get so worked up they can't even think straight to keep any social pretence going, they don't see people as any kind of potential threat, are forced to test against causing suffering when not in danger (people are no threat, so that's all the time), forced to test to leave combat against worthy opponents, and forced to test to leave before every opponent is downed.

This character will be looking to start shit constantly, with next to no moral or mission-based personal checks before they fuck things up for everyone, in any situation short of, "Ok, we let this fuckwit out of his cage into the aztlan arena cage, then go do the mission."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXuACzsPcw

Well, that's certainly a thing.
>>
>>52358984
Looks alright. ScarJo being wooden as usual at least fits the character. I'm tepid about the robots as a victimized minority thing they appear to be spinning this into, but I'll probably live. We'll see how the reviews are when it comes out.
>>
>>52358984
It still feels persistently off somehow.
>>
>>52359079
ScarJo feels more like a robot than even the major
And don't get me started on Batou
>>
>>52359120
Eh. That might be a good thing. Look at T1/2. Arnold was incredibly robotic. Have to see how it shakes down in cinema.
>>
File: 1403147862870.jpg (176KB, 856x540px) Image search: [Google]
1403147862870.jpg
176KB, 856x540px
>>52358818
I can count on one hand the number of times I've refused a sheet for a game. That is a sheet I would refuse.

"Yes, I said you can make whatever you want. But not that."
>>
File: 1461191353543.gif (3MB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461191353543.gif
3MB, 291x300px
>>52359294
>>
File: Bait_Castlevania.png (21KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_Castlevania.png
21KB, 625x790px
>>52359294
>>
File: C822pz6O_400x400.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
C822pz6O_400x400.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>52359294
Man, I think this might be the third year in a row I've seen this copypasta bullshit.
>>52359227
I take that back after watcing it a second time. Arnold was good robotic. His movement was too perfect, too measured. He came off as a robot. Sure, the Major isn't one, but Johansson just seems.. flat. Like she can't decide if she's the terminator or a wall sconce, without realising she's a human brain inside an impossibly perfect artificial body.
>>
>>52359347
>Like she can't decide if she's the terminator or a wall sconce, without realising she's a human brain inside an impossibly perfect artificial body.
... I agree with you, but devil's avocado; isn't that what she's supposed to be?

Everything I've seen thus far just feels like they've tried too hard to capture the wrong parts of GitS. Mashing as much together as possible in the hope of getting a, "hey - I recognise A Thingâ„¢!" from fans, while poorly writing in piles of exposition for rest of the audience, entirely ignorant of the movie's origins.
>>
>>52359294
I agree but what is this even in response to? Did you respond to the wrong person, or are you just trying to bait?
>>
>>52359499
It gets posted every year at least once or twice. Most of the generals get a version of it and an actual thread gets posted all at around the same time.

It's a weird phenomenon.
>>
File: 1474237512989.png (136KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1474237512989.png
136KB, 400x266px
>>52359294
Isn't this pasta something like a year old? There was some guy spamming this over and over last spring. Picture is even the same.
>>
>>52359471
Oh, she is meant to be that human brain inside. But she's gotten her acting mixed up and is trying to be something between a wall sconce and the terminator. Hopefully outside the combat scenes she plays up the unresponsiveness.
>>
If you're a street sam and have more than 40% your original biomass, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>52359571
>Oh, she is meant to be that human brain inside.
Yeah, got that, but the character is depressed. She both realises she's a human brain in a perfect artificial body, and the fact slides past her. Not oblivious, but unactuated.
>>
File: Egypt Hotep and Huy.png (125KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt Hotep and Huy.png
125KB, 500x279px
>>52350693
Insect Spirits =/= Insects. You can spend your life farming bees, worshipping scarab beetles, and rubbing your dick on ant hills and you won't be dealing with Insect Spirits. You can be an Egyptian Tradition mage who worships Khepri and has a scarab shaped amulet, and that's not dealing with Insect Spirits.

That said, there is a cult of Egyptian beetle shamans, because when you worship beetles and a magic beetle makes you an offer, it's easy to get confused. As well, if you go around summoning spirits shaped like insects, nobody is going to take the time to figure out what's happening instead of just shooting you.

> Is this somehow related to why dragons allegedly stay the fuck away from Egypt?

No. The Dragons stay out of Egypt because in the 4th world they basically made a deal with the Egyptian Passions to stay out, and any dragons who step in there will get their scales pushed in.
>>
>>52359535
Yep. Same guy who spamed /wst/ threads until it was banned.
>>
>>52359646
Sure, but it doesn't reflect that. If it did, her performance would include occasional flips where she was as robotic as she really is. It doesn't even reflect that she's a cyborg - Instead in that scene we see her shift her weight slightly on the rooftop, as one example, or move her hand to protect her face when firing the gun behind her.
>>
>>52359702
And Masaru's doing the equivalent of "i'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" with his library of Alexandria.
>>
>>52359770
Alexandria was built by and named after a Macedonian. So it doesn't really count as Egypt.
>>
>>52359866
He's talking about Masaru's Library, which is on an artificial island just offshore of Alexandria. Alexandria the city itself is still in Egypt.
>>
>>52358984
Fucking hell. I feel like if it was just a movie on its own, or even just set in the gits universe but a separate story I could have enjoyed this. But since they want to do a "re-imagining" of the original and have all the characters and bits and pieces from the movie and series I'm going to be annoyed through the entire thing. Batou doesn't even have his cybereyes for fuck's sake.
>>
>>52360280
He has them in a bunch of posters and other trailers. Maybe he gets them installed shortly after the opening scene.
>>
>>52360296
But wasn't the story that he got them from his service with the rangers? What's the point of using established characters if you're going to change their backstories anyway?
>>
>>52360280
he gets them halfway through and looks completely ridiculous as a result.
and there's even a few bits they shoved in from the manga, but not the good ones.

It's Robocop 2014 with an ugly chick in the main role.
>>
>>52360337
>It's Robocop 2014
I like Robocop 2014.
>>
Best back up gun for a mage? SMG? Machine Pistol? Heavy Pistol? Sawed off shotgun?
>>
>>52360361
what the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Anyway even if you liked it, will you like the uglier, worse-acted version of it?

>>52360332
making sure producers give you a job. They won't give you a job if you don't make them believe that a bunch of nerds will gobble down your shit just because it's based on a successful IP.

And of course, there ARE a bunch of nerds who will, because they like being pandered to in the laziest, most half-assed way possible.
>>
>>52360415
Dwarven weapons specialist taped to your back so you can turn around and let him cast 'lead rain' or something. Failing that the ares viper. I'm not sure if the weird ammo structure of the fubuki lets you suppress.
>>
>>52360444
>And of course, there ARE a bunch of nerds who will
I know, several people I know are looking forward to it.

I just wanted a new animated movie, or something like stand alone complex. Arise was kinda meh, but at least it was better than this.
>>
>>52360415
Any gun with
>FA capability
>Large magazine/clip/drum/whatever
>High base damage
>>
>>52360470
try to diminish their enthusiasm
>>
>>52360470
I dig that the Major is a lot better than Batou, but a huge chunk of Arise seemed to be shitting on him to show how badarse she is. It's like the Eldar Avatar in 40k - when you want to show something is hardcore, kill an Avatar.
>>
>>52360444
>what the actual fuck is wrong with you?
How much time and alcohol do we have?
>Anyway even if you liked it, will you like the uglier, worse-acted version of it?
I probably won't, and I wish I could say I won't go see it within the first week ... but I will. Release date has been a slow, creeping dread that I've been trying to ignore.
>>
>>52360489
I try, but they won't have any of it. They just don't think that changing backstories, mashing together bits and pieces of several works and porting something made for animation to live action can turn out bad.

>>52360496
I agree. The Major is better than Batou, but the man is also a great soldier in his own right. Arise seems to forget this from time to time.
>>
>>52360509
don't go see it my man
or if you really must; pay for another movie and then sneak into the room where it's playing.

>>52360541
Yeah, but don't they at least think that the main actress looks and sounds like shit in it?
I mean it takes some serious bad taste to ignore that.
>>
>>52360509
you're stronger than that.
and the plot is already known, anyway. You won't be discovering anything.
>>
>>52360583
>Yeah, but don't they at least think that the main actress looks and sounds like shit in it?

"but dude, it has like, black widow in it!"

Kill me
>>
>>52330281
where is best place to get shadowrun/general cyberpunk miniatures in the states?
i live in states
>>
File: IMG_1151.png (91KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1151.png
91KB, 212x278px
What does her hair smell like?
>>
>>52360837
Homeless people.
>>
>>52360837
Like infrequently washed hair, probably.
>>
having some issues with chummer
I can't select the fame quality, it jsut doesn't show up. I have Run faster selected under book options, and it looks fine in the XML. Anyone encountered an issue like this before /srg?
I guess I could just use PnP, but that's so mundane and plebeian, I'd be acting like some sort of filthy primitive.
>>
>>52360665
show them pictures of the thing, they'll probably back down on that
>>
>>52360744
There was the "make a model" thing somebody posted a real long time back; it delivers to your door but if i recall is kind of expensive. Sadly, I don't remember what it's called.
>>
>>52360887

I had one guy unironically praise the stealth suit thing and the white pistol she uses in the trailer. I think they're a lost cause.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the geisha bots in the trailer look creepy as all hell? Like fuck me, I couldn't relax knowing one of those things is in the same building as me.
>>
>>52360927
https://www.heroforge.com/

This?
>>
>>52360937
It's intentional, but too intentional. It's kinda bizarre trying to imagine that anyone would sign off on the creation of those in a service role.
>>
>>52360938
Bingo.
>>
>>52360937
The geisha bots are actually largely practical effects, believe it or not. They're mostly just people in extremely well-crafted masks.
>>
>>52360938
>https://www.heroforge.com

hey that's pretty cool. Definitely pricey, but you get a personalized miniature out of it. No settling for less. bookmarkd

what about whole sale scifi miniatures for npc ?
>>
>>52360974
I feel they would have been better off making them look human, and using the whole face-opens-spider-mode thing to get the unsettling feel.

Though I suppose we can write of their design as being some Japanese sarariman's fetish.

>>52361065
Okay, that's real cool. I can appreciate practical effects like that. But like the other anon said, still kind of weird to make your service bots look like that.
>>
File: guy.png (474KB, 894x847px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
474KB, 894x847px
>>52360927
>>52360938

here is guy i make
kinda gay
please rate
>>
>>52361133
Critical hit ... right in the gay.

Kidding. Not bad, anon. Why is there a clip sticking out of the side of the gun?
>>
>>52330281
Out of curiosity what do you guys find to be the most "Cop-out" negative quality as in a negative quality that has little to no negative effect on the player and as a GM it makes you wince every time you see it.

I personally find Amnesia is a pretty big one. My players take it either because there too lazy to make a backstory or just don't care about there own backstory and want a easy negative quality.
>>
>>52361313
>Out of curiosity what do you guys find to be the most "Cop-out"
There are plenty of that.
My personal favorite is prejudice, uncommon on inoffensive stuff like ballet dancers, fast food employees or similar people you can usually insult to their faces with no consequences.
Otherwise, there is distinctive style as long as you don't go overboard
>>
>>52361313
Allergy and addiction can be pretty big cop-outs
I remember one game where the face was addicted to talking and allergic to fish. Oh no, the horror.
>>
>>52361489
I agree distinctive style is too often used as a cop out if a players style is not distinctive enough to require them wearing a disguise at some point I think that they are doing it wrong.
But I'll be honest having the highest level prejudice toward "fast food employees" can make for some entertaining rp.
>>
How would you handle playing a campaign as corpsec team of runners/operatives?
>>
>>52361827
>>
>>52361173
I didn't notice until now - gahhh it's a great offense.

>>52361827
I'm interested
>>
>>52361890
I'd assume prime runners for the money/skills it would require, but I'm not sure about what they'd actually end up fighting. Running against other corps is the obvious choice, but it seems odd to do that when regular runners exist. Maybe stuff like SWAT missions?
>>
>>52361934
Chasing down runners. Instead of breaking into Ares' secure compound you have to break into the streetsam's autistically fortified apartment.
>>
File: brink_theeel.jpg (203KB, 1240x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brink_theeel.jpg
203KB, 1240x1080px
>>52362100
Or just a regular gang stronghold. Anything that the Man would need doing but doesn't want to roll in heavy with an entire deployment of police/mercenaries.

Hell, maybe you could even have them be Interpol/ Corporate court agents and occasionally have them run against corps who "step over the line". Kinda like the Turing police from Neuromancer.
>>
File: 9c0f8aa2fdbca0fe6b658f7b9a3c9df1.jpg (229KB, 900x1375px) Image search: [Google]
9c0f8aa2fdbca0fe6b658f7b9a3c9df1.jpg
229KB, 900x1375px
>>52362169
The issue I'm running into is finding something that has a run's level of complexity and danger, but is still something the Corp can be attached to. If the Corp can't have their name on it, then they'd just use runners.

That second idea sounds good though.
>>
>>52362255
Something like crashing a triad bosses hideout to steal back something that was recently stolen or raiding a pirate stronghold to take out their boss would probably be about equitable. That said, those are again things that would be easier for them to do with regular runners. You could just have the team be "professionals", like actual mercenaries that are exclusively hired by corps to do their dirty work.

I am fond of the second option though, if you want them to be directly in line with the law. Because you could be sent to do any number of things in that job, even running against governments.
>>
>>52362335
Oh fuck I forgot to post an image that time because I ran out of Brink stuff.
>>
>>52362335
Organized crime is def a good target. You could probably have a good intrigue game messing with a small country's government.
>>
>>52330281
do the majority of shadowrun posters play online or do you actually have meat bags to play with in person?
>>
>>52362514
You could also do an Escape from New York type thing. A corp exec's dependant has been kidnapped/crashed/got lost and is being held/is lost in some appropriately shit ass place, maybe GeMiTo. You have to go in and get them out alive.
>>
Are chummer chars not importable into the roll20 sheets anymore? Chummer outputs as an xml while the advanced sheets want it as json
>>
File: 50c2507d556e331f2e4311de3f39bdc1.jpg (404KB, 1200x1586px) Image search: [Google]
50c2507d556e331f2e4311de3f39bdc1.jpg
404KB, 1200x1586px
>>52362617
Take the opportunity on anything to turn the cold hearted bastard-ness up to eleven. You have no obligation to "the people" the only thing that matters is the corp's bottom line.
>>
>>52362801
I mean, let's be real, most regular shadowrunners don't really care about all the "fight the power" stuff. They care about their own bottom lines, it's just those lines tend to be a lot smaller.
>>
I don't have time to make the thread good right now, but my vote for next thread is Professional Edition.
>>
>>52363498
Sounds good.
>>
>>52363498
>>52363554
I'm not doing it, but it sounds good.
>>
File: Idea.png (504KB, 830x399px) Image search: [Google]
Idea.png
504KB, 830x399px
>>52334764
>>52340954
>>52344305
the cut man is a near sacred task in the ring. they're ability to stop the bleeding enough that the ref will allow the continuation of the fight is literally what can spell the difference between a loss and a win. as such they should often be considered untouchable pillars of virtue in the ring. literally they will never betray their fighter and will do everything in the power to get them back up for the next round; and that means never KNOWINGLY poisoning their fighter. that makes them the perfect patsy.

The boxing commission closely regulates the chemicals allowable for use in many parts of the sport of boxing. while this is well known and consistently acknowledged outside the ring, it also extends to inside the ring as well. Namely the "anti-coagulants" the cut men employ in order to keep their fighters functioning. traditionally there are only three types of coagulants allowed in the ring and Aloe (as in the gel acquired from the plant); all of which (except aloe) are only available through a doctor's prescription. however ensuring this is not so easy when one considers that nobody is going to test the chemical in a cut mid-match.
>this is your in.
the part where the boxing commission's controls fall apart is the ring side doctor. they are the primary (only) legitimate source for coagulants and they hand them over to the cut men often with no questions asked. simply impersonate (or replace) the ring side doctor and hand the poison/coagulant blend to the cut man when he comes looking for coagulant. unless the cut-man himself is a doctor he'll unwittingly inject the poison into the fighter's bleeding wounds mid-fight without ever realizing there's a problem.
>>
File: 1385265845258.jpg (30KB, 334x248px) Image search: [Google]
1385265845258.jpg
30KB, 334x248px
>>52358984

I'm torn.

I want to see it because the visuals and music makes me rock fucking hard

But ScarJo is NOT my Waifu
>>
NEW THREAD
>>52364445
>>52364445
>>
>>52347716
the winner is the one that's actually creative enough to steal the visa before the end of the competition and leave by boat. probably one of the executives secretaries.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.