[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 127

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Creature lords edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
OR
Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>52244696
>>
>>52322904
He's heard the argument made about Ambush and Flash before, multiple times, from both myself and from others. He's persistent with using Ambush though. I don't think anyone could convince him not to use it now.
>>
File: Anje of the Sakura.png (793KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Anje of the Sakura.png
793KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>52323522
Eh, not really excited about this. Why legendary? Maybe if the first ability activated whenever any Snake you control deals combat damage, I guess.
>>
File: Deimos Baron.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deimos Baron.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Zarak the Broken Justice.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zarak the Broken Justice.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52323522
Both her abilities need "than them", while I understand that's the intent the actual game rules don't. It could very well be that they can't be blocked by creatures with less power than Merit Lage as far as your opponent is concerned.
>>
File: Dragonblood Shogun.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonblood Shogun.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52323522
>>52324312
Actually, now that I think about it, does Green do draw-discard?
>>
File: Cassie Wonder Girl5.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Wonder Girl5.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Never really got around to finalizing this one. Should I replace Flying with something else? Maybe Vigilance?

>>52324330
I always fine tribal with "catch-all" types like Horror and Beast to be somewhat odd. Anyway, I feel like it should give out Deathtouch to the other Horrors, and probably be rare, but the wording should definitely be
>Other Horror creatures you control get +1/+1.

>>52324419
Incorporating so many different creature types for different purposes seems very off-putting.

>>52324603
Eh. Nothing exciting. I still have to question your use of tribal for so many different creature types though. Are the Horror, Samurai, Knight, Human, and Spirit tribals all part of the same set?
>>
File: Soul Hunter.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Hunter.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>52324978
>I always fine tribal with "catch-all" types like Horror and Beast to be somewhat odd. Anyway, I feel like it should give out Deathtouch to the other Horrors, and probably be rare, but the wording should definitely be
I feel like the cost reduction and buff is already enough.

>Incorporating so many different creature types for different purposes seems very off-putting.
Yeah, I can admit that it's kinda weird, but I wanted it to feel different from a normal lord.

>Eh. Nothing exciting. I still have to question your use of tribal for so many different creature types though. Are the Horror, Samurai, Knight, Human, and Spirit tribals all part of the same set?
Yes. Think of old Innistrad way of dealing with tribals. Those tribals will be supported, but equally. Horrors will get tons of support, then Samurais and Monks and lastly Spirits, Knights and Humans respectively. In fact Humans will get almost no support besides some Backup cards (generally spirits will backup humans).
>>
>>52325078
Was there ever a card in Innistrad that interacted with three different creature types in two different ways? Also, Knight and Samurai, as class types, will often overlap with race types, such as Human, and sometimes even Spirit.
>>
File: Aesahaettr the Subtle Knife.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aesahaettr the Subtle Knife.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Just reread His Dark Materials
>>
>>52325135
>Common
Uh-huh.
>>
File: Eternal Seeker.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Seeker.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>52325124
>Was there ever a card in Innistrad that interacted with three different creature types in two different ways?
I'm saying that it's close to Innistrad because of how much support tribal will get, not on how tribal will be handled.

>Also, Knight and Samurai, as class types, will often overlap with race types, such as Human, and sometimes even Spirit.
Yes. That's actually the point too. Tribals might interact with each other. In this way, 3 color combinations are more viable in limited.
>>
>>52325149
if that's the only criticism then I guess I'm pretty happy with it
>>
File: Zarak the Broken Justice.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zarak the Broken Justice.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Here's a simplier version of Zarak, I guess.
>>
File: Iona Geoshaper.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Iona Geoshaper.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Just playing about with a vague idea of a Domain-based planeswalker. Not remotely thinking she's balanced yet.

Also I totally forgot Iona already existed when making a name for her.
>>
>>52325178
Good luck.

>card
I think the second ability would be better worded
>When ~ dies during combat, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
And
>~ can't be sacrificed.

>>52325202
Only thing I can think of right now. Costs are nice and high, and it has a bit of a downside. Oh wait, it should be worded
>Whenever ~ becomes attached to a creature, tap that creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
>>
File: Again and Again.png (296KB, 523x375px) Image search: [Google]
Again and Again.png
296KB, 523x375px
Woops, posted an old version before.
>>
>>52327482
I don't think you need the "not named "Again"" clause.

Going infinite off three CMC 4 spells that require nothing but colored mana AND a workable target isn't OP. If you can't win by 13 mana you've already lost.
>>
>>52327863
I had that clause on there because I'm unsure about the interaction of whether the two sides can target each other or not. I was mostly covering the bases and being extra careful, more worried about a 1 card combo than casting 2 separate cards..
>>
>>52327926
>I had that clause on there because I'm unsure about the interaction of whether the two sides can target each other or not.
>>52327926
They can't. A Fuse'd spell is a single spell with both sides worth of text. It's not on the stack while you're casting and selecting targets, so it can't target itself.
>>
File: Virgil Hawkins Static5.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Virgil Hawkins Static5.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
Still not entirely sure about this one. Should it be upkeep or end step? Should the damage be a fixed amount, or should it scale? I do think I will keep with the overall design though.
>>
File: Guardian Stalker.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian Stalker.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Having a lot of fun with Breath of the Wild.
>>
File: blackpirates.jpg (245KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
blackpirates.jpg
245KB, 1500x523px
>>52317002
>>52322677
>>52321123

I may make the non combat damage ability pirate into a voldaren duelist/crossway vampire functional reprint to make the others able to get through.
>>
File: Conquest Artifacts.png (1MB, 1131x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Conquest Artifacts.png
1MB, 1131x1052px
There cards are structures that opponents can "conquer" by successfully attacking their controller. I wanted it to be like Monarch (you're rewarded for attacking and politics, and cards swap between multiple controllers), but I don't think it works as I want it to.

I want to make it so only one can be "taken" per combat phase, but as I think you may be able to stack the triggers so that you can take all cards in one go, if a player has more than one to be taken.

How can I reword it so it works how I want lads?
>>
>>52331778
Fuck realised the reminder text should say "that player gains control of up to one permanent..."
>>
>>52331778
It's reminder text, so don't worry so much about making it work as an effect. Just make it clear that it's one conquest per turn.
>>
>>52331897
"Only one conquest can be taken per turn"

That could work right? Like the wacky reminder text from Obsidian Fireheart?
>>
>>52332024
Yeah, that'd be good.

Honestly, "(OOGA BOOGA LOOK IT UP FAGGOTS)" would technically work just fine. The real meaning of any keyword is in the CR definition, not the reminder text. The reminder text is just there to be an at-a-glance grokkable version.
>>
>>52331778

It's an interesting idea, though since they are stealable some of them seem kinda me. Like Redrum Tavern. Can't use it on 1 life creatures to give them menace and only makes enemies lose a single life a turn.
>>
File: Disquieting Stalker.png (196KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Disquieting Stalker.png
196KB, 375x523px
>>52331778
These are kind of a neat idea, actually. I feel like gimmicks like this are one way WotC could widen the gap between artifacts and enchantments. If it were me though, structures would be like PWs and be attackable, with a P/T but aren't creatures, so they can't be removed, not even by artifact destruction because they are too big. Deal damage to them equal to their T, they crumble. But that's just a thought. Conquest is... hm. I could see it as a keyword for a special format of MtG called Conquest actually. Sounds like it could be a fun time as a multiplayer format. The WU one could be monowhite, so maybe that needs a rework. BR one isn't very good sadly. Hunter's Campsite is really cool. Lakeside Harbor is workable, but I think it needs a new name to do with smugglers or something nefarious.

>>52331377
Creature types are capitalized, so a bit of an edit needed on the Cutthroat. Ghastly Reaver is too good, I think. Okiba-Clan Shinobi is a 3/2 with Ninjutsu that does the same thing at 3BB, so I would make the Reaver a 3/2. Zonbi Smuggler is probably fine, but keep an eye on it. Necromantic Thirst is 2BB and needs a creature to enchant, and Woebearer is uncommon and the same body and ability + Fear for 4B. It might need to be uncommon as well, but cost-wise I think it should be okay.

>>52329678
I thought these guardian Hylian robot things were a pretty neat idea for the game. Haven't played it myself, but I've watched some let's plays, and it looks fun. Zelda meets Skyrim.

Card seems fine, but the guardians don't seem to activate very fast in the game, so maybe nix the Haste and re-cost accordingly?

>>52329095
I'd have him divide X damage between any number of target creatures or players, where X is the number of charge counters on him. Feels more interesting and delivers less front-end damage but becomes more flexible later on.
>>
>>52334103
Fixed Ghastly Reaver. The smuggler costs mana to disentomb, while woebearer doesn't.
>>
>>52334628
>The smuggler costs mana to disentomb, while woebearer doesn't.
Why yes, I read the same thing. Not sure why you're pointing it out.
>>
File: blue pirates.jpg (249KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
blue pirates.jpg
249KB, 1500x523px
>>52334725
nvm I interpreted your post wrong.
>>
>>52334103
>I thought these guardian Hylian robot things were a pretty neat idea for the game. Haven't played it myself, but I've watched some let's plays, and it looks fun. Zelda meets Skyrim.
The Guardians are interesting. I heard that the idea was based on the Octorock, but they thought fighting giant, walking octopuses would be kinda gross, so they made them robots instead. And yeah, the game is pretty awesome. Kinda wish it had a few changes to it though. If Nintendo wants to make this a trend for Zelda (fuck me, Google, you don't know that Zelda is a name?) though, it's a great first step.

>Card seems fine, but the guardians don't seem to activate very fast in the game, so maybe nix the Haste and re-cost accordingly?
Eh, they seem plenty fast for me. Oh wait, are you talking about the old, rusted ones seen near the beginning? Those will be a separate card. This card is for the healthy, active ones roaming around Hyrule that can keep up with you even when riding a horse. I do think I'll add R to the costs though.

>I'd have him divide X damage between any number of target creatures or players, where X is the number of charge counters on him. Feels more interesting and delivers less front-end damage but becomes more flexible later on.
Sounds good. Should I move the trigger to end step then?

>card
I think I'd just make the mill an effect that happens rather than a cost. Kinda seems like millstrike to me, though it is a bit better I think.
>>
>>52334103
One could argue that with that wording the cost only needs to be paid once and at any time, which may not be the intention
>>
>>52331377
>>52336206
>>52317002

Why do some cost mana to use their triggered ability?
Why dont you just change the stats?
>>
File: Mindraker Adept.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mindraker Adept.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>52336206
It happens.

Vixen is a bit much at common as a one-drop. Now, I know peeking at a single card isn't really that strong, but if you're concerned about NWO at all (which I doubt you are because most people don't see to be anymore) it should really be one or the other just for simplicity's sake. Outlaw is fine per Chasm Drake. Æther Marauder is a bit of an edge case. It's technically worse than Æther Adept because it doesn't automatically bounce, but it's a better body and it's repeatable, even if it does cost. I think it's probably okay. Uncovered Treasure seems alright though you'll get people talking shit about making Gold tokens outside black.

Fixed the wording on Vexing; I dunno how I missed the "or her" part in the reminder text not once but twice.
>>
>>52336341
Ah, yeah I've only seen the beginning of the game. I dunno if you need to add R to the cost at all, because artifacts don't need colored mana as an excuse to do anything, but if you think it works better then go for it.

>Static
Hrm. I dunno that it matters too much when the damage effect goes off. I mean there's little nuanced differences, but it's overall probably best at the upkeep because most triggers like that happen then so it's a familiarity thing.

>vexing
So when it becomes blocked it mills? Hmm. That could work. Might cut a few words too, which is always welcome. And yes, it's a better millstrike because mill is garbage even if it's fun.

>>52336376
One could, but since reminder text isn't rules text, so it's be a moot point. Still, preventing arguments among newer or casual players is always a good idea. If I change the wording to what was suggested above, then it basically resolves the issue, so maybe that's another good reason to do so.
>>
>>52325683
>becomes attached

Not actually. The game understands the wording of a creature becoming "equipped", because it can understand whether or not a creature "is equipped".
>>
File: Delirium Delver.png (238KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Delirium Delver.png
238KB, 375x523px
So is this what we were talking about for Vexing? Or just literally "this swings and mills its power in cards"?

Because something like this becomes way more powerful if it's the latter. And yeah, I'd probably do away with the reminder text in an actual set because the card is very crowded if I keep it.
>>
>>52328338
Without the clause, iyou had two of them in your hand, you could infinitely copy any instant or sorcery for 8 r/u, so the clause is probably for the best.
>>
>>52336703
I said "becomes attached" because there already exist creature cards that use the wording "Whenever an Aura becomes attached to ~". Notice that they don't say "Whenever an Aura enchants ~" or "Whenever an Aura becomes enchanted to ~". Which is why I believe that if a triggered ability existed on the card that was being attached, it would use "attached" instead of the subtype-specific "enchanted" or "equipped". Additionally, searching for "becomes equipped" or "becomes enchanted" both turn up zero results.
>>
>>52336773
You'd need three, wouldn't you? I don't see how the two-loop would work.
>>
File: Decayed Guardian.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Decayed Guardian.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52336571
>>52336571
Yeah, the stalkers are crazy fast. What's cool is that you can cut off their legs, but if you don't do it fast enough, they use the remaining legs to keep their distance.

>Static
Good point.

>Vexing
Yeah. I imagine the reminder text would be something like
>Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player puts a number of cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard equal to this creature's power.
Wait, should it trigger whenever it becomes blocked, or whenever it becomes blocked by a creature? The latter would be interesting to see in combination with Menace.
>>
>>52336867
I'd be inclined to make this "target attacking creature".

>vexing
Hm. "whenever it becomes blocked by a creature" sounds fun, but KISS rule; sure it's more fun with Menace but it also makes the ability not function as expected in that case, confusing players who aren't as attentive, so I'm a bit loathe to do it that way. And sadly the new wording is more wordy. Oh well. I dunno if it's worth going back to the "cost" wording over two or three words.
>>
>>52336991
"...becomes blocked by one or more creatures..."
>>
>>52336834
Split cards become a single spell when fused, so you'd make a copy that basically reads "Copy target spell. Copy target spell" each time.

Stack would look like this:
>Cast Lightning Bolt
>Cast Again/Again, targeting Bolt twice
>Cast Again/Again, targeting Bolt and A/A
>Resolve A/A, put a copy of Bolt onto the stack and a copy of A/A
>Copy A/A targets Bolt and A/A
>Repeat
>>
>>52337016
So you think it should have this?
>>
File: Cinder Hatchet.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cinder Hatchet.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
File: effs.jpg (229KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
effs.jpg
229KB, 1500x523px
Really not sure how to design the BUG one for this without it just being a rip off the enchantment from Tarkir. Any input or suggestions appreciated.

>>52338975
Might as well be instant speed and able to hit creatures. No one ever called lava axe too good.
>>
>>52338975
>Bowling ball
>Batter up!
You either play weird ass baseball or a very exciting game of bowling.
>>
File: Miphas Grace.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Miphas Grace.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
Another BotW card. Think I'll be working on some more of them for a while.
>>
>>52341405
I guess it's more like swinging a broom.
>>
File: Fall of the Guillotine.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of the Guillotine.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52345752
Seems good. Not really a fan of the effect in White, but that's just me.
>>
>>52345752
interesting. Could even be b/w hybrid
>>
>downloading software
>from 4chan

FEAR.exe
>>
>>52345752
should cost a bit more, 3 colorless and 1 white.
>>
>>52346465
It's not from here, it's from sourceforge. Why are you so afraid? First time on 4chan? If you don't want to download MSE, use mtg.design
>>
>>52346555
>First time on 4chan
no, but I'm scared by downloading things, I don't want to lost my PC due to a virus, it's my part of autism
>>
>>52346503
Sheer Drop/Murderous Compulsion says its fine.
>>
>>52346581
Then run it in a VM.
>>
>>52347168
ok
>>
File: goldcommonsandothers.jpg (652KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
goldcommonsandothers.jpg
652KB, 1875x1046px
A couple more cards.
>>
>>52347910
I keep having this complaint, so I'm thinking it's more of a me issue.

But like a lot of other "action words" I see, plunder seems like it's not a good fit. When I envision plundering, I think "taking somebody's stuff", not "making gold".
>>
File: 1490388939971298.png (348KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490388939971298.png
348KB, 375x523px
I feel like it is on the edge of being just right, but I can't place what needs to be changed.
>>
>>52348585
Illusion is a creature type. If you want to use it, either the artifact should become a creature, or tribal. Also, the last bit should probably be "When this permanent" and certainly not "this card"
>>
>>52347988
Not him, but how about Loot instead? It could be used as a verb similar to Plunder, or a noun referencing the gold itself.
>>
>>52348687
>Permanent
How could I forget that, thanks.

I see the reasoning on not liking on any artifact, I guess I saw it as something that can be worked on/with since the ability works for any artifact, not just noncreatueres.
>>
>>52348763
>not liking on any artifact
Supposed to say not liking Illusion on any artifact.
>>
>>52348585
Outside the wording that was already mentioned I feel the card is solid but >>52348687 is right with illusion being a creature type, I get what you were trying to do but you are essentially changing something that doesn't need to or work with change.
>>
>>52348738
Well the game already has"looting" regarding card draw so it might get confusing.
>>
>>52348585
Don't really see what about W makes sense for artifact cloning.
>>
File: The Brink.png (349KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Brink.png
349KB, 375x523px
This is fun, not practical, but fun.
>>
>>52349339
I guess when I had the card in mind I thought of it in a sense where he uses the energy of spirits to make these weapons but they manifest in the form of illusions. (Flavor stuff)
>>
>>52349402
Flavor doesn't define mechanics though.
if you want to do sprite weapons I'd consider making an equipment that gets charge counters whenever something dies, and the equiped creature gets +1/+1 per charge counter.
>>
>>52349349
Interesting idea but needs some wording cleanup.
>>
File: sigardas_aid_eldritch_moon.jpg (75KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
sigardas_aid_eldritch_moon.jpg
75KB, 265x370px
>>52325135
Oh baby
>>
File: crying cat.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
crying cat.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
>>52325514
>tfw wastes/X dual lands never
>>
>>52327482
I'd call it "Again" and "And again"
>>
>>52351801
But saying you cast "Again and And Again" just makes you sound like a 'tard.
>>
>>52351859
How about "Again" and "Yet again"
>>
>>52351801
>>52351891
I'll give my two cents: "Again" and "Again!". Yes, exclamation points are black border legit.
>>
>>52351801
>>52351859
This kinda reminds me of the anon who thought the split cards were supposed to be said with "or" instead of "and".
>>
File: Zircon Spire.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zircon Spire.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ecstasy of Gold.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ecstasy of Gold.png
290KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Howling Ghast.png (282KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Howling Ghast.png
282KB, 375x523px
>>52353616
This seems better than Shrine of the Forsaken Gods because it's easier to use, but it also doesn't have the single mana generation fallback. Not too sure about it.

>>52353932
I cringe whenever I see Storm on a card, to be honest. I am no good at judging cards that have it at all.
>>
>>52354028
It's like you're going out of your way to make it more complicated than it needs to be.
>~ can't be blocked unless defending player discards a card.
>>
>>52354063
I just copied Ogre Marauder, anon. I assumed there was some odd reason it was like that.
>>
>>52354109
Not entirely sure why it's like that. Maybe for the weird situation where the defender has only one creature then tries to block with the creature they sacrifice? Regardless, I'm very certain that Awesome Presence means the wording I gave you works just fine.
>>
>>52354109
Ogre Marauder was rewritten like that to preserve the triggered ability. "Can't be blocked unless" works fine.
>>
>>52354150
>>52354162
Yeah I originally had it as you suggest and saw the Ogre and went "wait, I better do this just in case because at least I know this works". I guess there is such a thing as reading too much Gatherer? Huh. Anyway, changing it.
>>
File: Ember of Palash.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ember of Palash.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52354028
The haste is a lil wonky, but is fine if B in the set is rather aggressive. Otherwise it would feel a little out of place. The input by others on wording is good, and I have nothing else to add.
>>
>>52355372
Nothing about this is red besides trample.
>>
>>52355372
>>52355492
Could be fixed by making it RW for the indestructible hellbent bit, and just nixing the UB library theft for the impulse draw red normally gets.
>>
File: Image.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>52355492
The second effect most definitely is red.
>>
>>52355531
Ah yeah, forgot about Grenzo. I wonder what their reasoning was for taking a UB thing and making it R. Red certainly needs more tricks/stuff it can do, but this was something of a strange choice. I guess red's thing now is just "exiling cards from the tops of libraries and casting them". Not really complaining because like I said, it's always needed more in its toolbox.
>>
File: Meddling of the Vail.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Meddling of the Vail.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52355492
If the indestructible seems too out of place I can replace with R: ~ gains first strike until end of turn.
Second effect is extremely red, and is already in print on the new Grenzo.

>>52355551
R likes to steal things. R likes to impulse draw. Why not impulse draw your opponents stuff?
I think it's a fun mechanic, and I hope they keep it up to give R soft-core mill.
>>
>>52340232
Here's what I would do.
>Effigy of BUG
>xBUG
>Deplete: ~ becomes Avatar with keywords >Whenever one or more cards leave your graveyard, draw a card.
Using Erebos's Titan as reference for the wording.
>>
File: Query.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Query.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Communications Array.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Communications Array.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Black Countess.png (220KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Black Countess.png
220KB, 375x523px
>>52355692
I really REALLY like this. Well done.
>>
>>52355589
>one example
>extremely red
I like the ability and all, but let's not speak in superlatives. Because down that road lies Chaos Warp.
>>
File: malevolence.png (348KB, 405x565px) Image search: [Google]
malevolence.png
348KB, 405x565px
>>52323387
did this the other day when i was bored
>>
>>52355910
Your wording is godawful.
"At the beginning of each player's upkeep, he or she may pay {3}. If he or she doesn't, sacrifice ~. If you do, ~ deals five damage to each player."

I also don't get the point of a six-drop that'll never live to swing unless the opponent allows it, costs upkeep, and has nothing special to offer.
>>
>>52355939
The idea was that the opponent has the option to pay for the cost to let it wreck shit or else they will still get free damage. But I guess I need to work on the concept more.
>>
File: Grasp From Beyond.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grasp From Beyond.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>52355910
Way too over costed. This shouldn't be over 3 mana.
This is esentually: pay 6: Deal 5 to each player.
Why would I want to spend 6 mana to bolt + shock myself and the opponents?
For comparison, there is Vexing Devil which does basically the same thing as this.
>>
File: Misslead Travelers.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Misslead Travelers.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
It feels like this mechanic can get really easily exploited due to delve (also in the set) so I'm considering splashing a requirement to pay X for the better effects.
>>
File: 193.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>52355910
Well, since no one else is gonna say it...
>>
>>52356510
It would only really ever work in a set with Delve, so it's probably not a good mechanic if it's that parasitic. Sorry anon, but I'd suggest coming up with something else.
>>
>>52356510
"Mislead" only has one S.

>>52356188
>>52355589
"Vail" is kind of weird to see here, did you mean veil or vale? Vail is a ski resort in Colorado.
>>
File: Dressed to Kill.png (203KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dressed to Kill.png
203KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Drain Vitae.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Drain Vitae.png
258KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Blue Uncommon Creatures.jpg (342KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Uncommon Creatures.jpg
342KB, 1875x523px
A little less than half done with blue uncommons. Here's what I have so far.
>>52357308
Seems undercosted, even for something so conditional.
>>52355743
Shouldn't it be "half of his or her life," or am I mistaken?
>>52355704
I'm wondering when this would ever be used to allow anyone but yourself to cast the exiled card.
>>52357318
Undercosted, especially for an uncommon instant. That could completely swing a limited game on its own.
>>
File: 1 White Uncommons First Draft.jpg (764KB, 2250x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1 White Uncommons First Draft.jpg
764KB, 2250x1046px
>>52358265
Bumping
>>
Sorry for not posting anything lately, haven't been into cards lately.

>>52358265
>UU01
Seems fine to me at such a high cost, as well as requiring a high cost.

>UU02
Eh, not a fan. Reminds me of Tribute from Theros, which I don't believe was received very well.

>UU03
I get the concept, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of how you have to include a death trigger on top of granting Flying too.

>UU04
Spoke about this one before, I still like it.

>UU05
Eh, just kinda makes me wonder why the whole card isn't Red.

>>52360034
Pretty sure I've spoken about all of these already. Did you make any changes?
>>
File: matchland cycle.jpg (294KB, 1503x523px) Image search: [Google]
matchland cycle.jpg
294KB, 1503x523px
a splash of red can liven up any deck
>>
>>52361745
Better than basics.

>>52360034
>Herald
Loving the mechanics

>Bulwark
I think Absorb covers that, if you want to use a Future Sight keyword

>Rally
Not really seeing why it's Escalate instead of X with a "X can't be >4" clause.

>Ambuscade
I never liked the 2/1 colorlessable hybrid mana. I feel it just does awful things to the pie.

Overall, damn solid.
>>
>>52361745
I really like the concept of these but if you don't think I want a Red one you're crazy
>>
File: Zombie Mayor.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Mayor.png
258KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Spinkicker.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spinkicker.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Palashs Fervor.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Palashs Fervor.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>52357238
Woops, was meant to be Veil, my spelling worsens with tiredness.
Veil being in the plane the afterlife of sorts.

>>52357232
There are going to be cards like grim lava mancer that have exiling things for their costs in most colors, it won't just be delve to enable it.

>>52357308
Seems fine, but the name makes it feel more R or B. Maybe go with, "Functional Fashion"?

>>52357318
Indestructible effects generally costs 3 mana at the least, and the same is true for murders, so I think the best bet is to make this 5 mana at the least.

>>52358265
>Aneketian
Seems rather unfair. It's either a 3 mana 4/4 in U which is insane, or a 3 mana better mind control. This needs to be at least 4 mana.

>Storm
It's okay. A decent finisher I guess.

>Gyre
Flavor text is out of place sense it only copies, not amplifies.

>>52360034
>Rite
Feels really bad. If they wanted to cast an instant they just will, and it's not often they'll have anything to cast besides a creature.

>>52361745
Too strong. The ability to make 2 mana off 1 land isn't fair to print.
>>
File: Fernsol Cleric.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fernsol Cleric.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>52362942
I should probably make this only crackable on your turn.
>>
>>52362942
>Too strong. The ability to make 2 mana off 1 land isn't fair to print.
I realize now that it's practically a mini-lotus. To be fair, it does take up a "land-per-turn" for a land you don't get to use anymore. I also forgot to up the rarity. Any suggestions to balance it? (while preversing the function and flavor obviously)
>>
File: Precedent.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Precedent.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>52363248
If you want to do crackable lands the best way is to take a simple effect, over cost it slightly, and stable it onto the card.
>Sac ~, 2R, T: ~ deals 2 damage to atarget creature or player
>Sac ~, UU, T: ~ Look at top two cards of your library. Put one into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
>Sac ~, 1WW, T: Exile target player's graveyard.
>Sac ~, 2BB, T: Target player sacrifices a creature.
>Sac ~, G, T: Target creature gains hexproof until end of turn.

If you want to keep the theme mana production, make them enter tapped, and only produce colorless when sacced. Possibly have it cost 1 life to sac as well.
>>
File: Paver of Progress.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Paver of Progress.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52361745
woah
>>
File: matchland cycle v2.jpg (307KB, 1503x523px) Image search: [Google]
matchland cycle v2.jpg
307KB, 1503x523px
>>52363346
Probably still too powerful, but I think this is in the right direction. Maybe 3 life?
>>
>>52363501
Having them etb tapped would do a lot to tone them down.
>>
File: Ebb History.jpg (27KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ebb History.jpg
27KB, 375x523px
>>52363501
So, it doesn't matter how much health you make them pay unless it kills them, because what makes these cards broken is for combo decks, nothing else.
These would be awful in agro sense they already play few lands, it would be weak in mid range sense they need all the mana they can get, and 1 more mana is kind of rarely important for a control deck unless it's U.
Either the mana needs to be slower, or it simply won't be fair to print as it allows combo decks to go off sooner by having more mana per card, and quickly.
They need to enter tap or cost something insane to crack life discarding a card.
>>
File: image.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 375x523px
r8
>>
>>52363628
Learn From the Past
>>
File: heroicintervention.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
heroicintervention.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
>>52362942
>Indestructible effects generally costs 3 mana at the least, and the same is true for murders, so I think the best bet is to make this 5 mana at the least.
Also, Boros charm.
>>
File: Unravel Cerebrum.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unravel Cerebrum.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52363795
Rare battle tricks get under costed.
Boros is a fair point.
>>
File: 141.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>52363852
>>
File: Scarecrows Fear Toxin7.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scarecrows Fear Toxin7.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52363852
Seems like it might be useful to mill someone to death in the endgame. Maybe. Might as well post a mill card I did. Added lifeloss to make it a bit more useful. Let me know if I should up the cost.
>>
>>52363863
Not him, but Indie is significantly better than Regen.
>>
>>52363882
The life loss puts it over the top.
>>
>>52363893
Not by much. There's very few circumstances where indie saves a creature that regen wouldn't.
The only ones that come to mind are killspells that explicitly shit on regen and an opponent throwing two killspells at a target (and indie for a turn won't fully protect from that either, since they'll just nuke it next turn instead).
>>
>>52363952
Milling 20 is really easy for a UB deck to reach. That's only 4 mana, or 1 mana and a few landfall triggers.
I think it would be fine at UUBB, if a bit pushed.
>>
File: Kill Me.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>52363882
Actually lets do some math to see how consistant this lethal would be:
>Fastest
T1 Crab T2 fetch (6 mill of crab) + glimpse the unthinkable. T3 If opponent has cracked a fetch and shoked once, this puts their graveyard at 18 and their HP at 17. If not crack + shock, their HP is at 20, and you can still make them go to 23 cards in yard with another fetch crack to get 6 mill from the crab.
This means a rather easy turn 3 kill against most decks that only requires 5 cards, 2 of which are lands and the other 2 are 4 ofs.

Even if your opponent doesn't go into fetch + shock, you still can mill them out rather easily even with the slower effects like thought scour, Messmeric orb, manic scribe, or crab. I feel like you'd need to get a dead hand full of Visions of Beyond to really miss an early kill using Fear Toxin.
>>
File: Jonathan Crane Scarecrow.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan Crane Scarecrow.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>52363937
>>52363952
>>52364170
No lifeloss and 2UB? Might as well post Scarecrow so you have an idea of what the card is supposed to synergize with.

>>52363952
>Not by much. There's very few circumstances where indie saves a creature that regen wouldn't.
Well, you've forgotten that Regen only works once in a single turn, Indie just has to be used once and it saves the creature from destruction for the entire rest of the turn. In addition, Indie is much better in combat since Regen will force the creature out of combat once it activates to save the creature.
>>
>>52364246
Regeneration also taps the creature down when the effect is used, meaning you can open yourself up for an alpha strike.
>>
>>52364271
Right, meant to include that when I was talking about combat. Don't know why I forgot.
>>
>>52364306
I've actually never played a game where we tapped the creatures when the regen was used (IRL). No one knew, including myself at the time.
>>
>>52364330
Now you see part of why Wizards got rid of it.
>>
File: Twincast Mimic.png (241KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Twincast Mimic.png
241KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52364246
>Well, you've forgotten that Regen only works once in a single turn, Indie just has to be used once and it saves the creature from destruction for the entire rest of the turn.
Which will only matter if the opponent has sorcery speed kill spells.

>In addition, Indie is much better in combat since Regen will force the creature out of combat once it activates to save the creature.
Only matters if first/double strike is involved. Not a non-point, but not enough to merit "much better".
>>
>>52364422
Nice, unsure on cost though. Makes me want to make a card where you choose to copy an I/S spell or a creature, probably modal.
>>
File: Vildärr Aether Hunter.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vildärr Aether Hunter.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
I got a couple I did up on MtG Cardsmith a while ago based on stuff from pre-revision novels that aren't represented in the card game, would those be appropriate?
>>
>>52364663
"Counter target creature spell with toughness less than or equal to CARDNAME’s power. That spell deals damage equal to its power to CARDNAME."
Is how I would word it. It is very difficult to change the p/t of spells, and your opponent has few options to mess with Vildärr's p/t.
>>
File: Trophic Cascade.png (287KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Trophic Cascade.png
287KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Evermore.png (191KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evermore.png
191KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52363628
In the cycle's defense, it was made with burn in mind, not aggro or control.
As for for being too good in combo decks, doesn't that depend on the format and environment? Combo in Vintage and Legacy both have many better options for fast mana, while Limited and Standard have a dearth of combos as it is. In Modern it would be a problem, but really I just wanted more splashable burn when I mess around with my friend on cockatrice.
>>
>>52365040
>doesn't have cascade
0/10
>>
>>52366832
Fetch+shock already gives you 4-color burn decks.
>>
File: Peer Review.png (216KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peer Review.png
216KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Double Dismissal.png (233KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Double Dismissal.png
233KB, 375x523px
>>
Been dicking with storage land ideas. These are the white ones, but they're color agnostic. Lemme know what you think.

Land
Whenever ~ would become untapped, if it's untapped, put a storage counter on ~.
{T}: Remove any number of storage counters from ~. Add {W} to your mana pool for each storage counter removed this way.

Land
{X}: Put X storage counters on ~.
{1}, {T}: Remove any number of storage counters from ~. Add {W} to your mana pool for each storage counter removed this way.

Land
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay {1}. If you do, put two storage counters on ~.
{T}, remove a storage counter from ~: Add {W} to your mana pool.
{T}, sacrifice ~: Add {W} to your mana pool for each storage counter on ~.
>>
>>52367438
The second is a stupid good mana sink. There's a very good reason storage lands only let you put one counter on them at a time.
>>
>>52367438
Second one is busted since you can always dump all remaining mana each turn.

First is a more efficient storage land but without the ability to tap for C.

Third is also more efficient than regular storage lands, but at least it asks you to commit at upkeep.
>>
File: Yevgeni.png (189KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Yevgeni.png
189KB, 400x400px
>>
>>52367860
>not shopping in a bottle of vodka
weak
>>
File: Acolyte of the Forgotten.png (227KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Acolyte of the Forgotten.png
227KB, 375x523px
>>52358265
>half of
According to Blood Tribute, oddly no, there is no "of".

>01
Seems fine. Probably actually too expensive to even really have an impact because at around that mana on a body you can just flat draw two cards on a tap. Though, not usually that large a body, and it's still free to attack, so... eh, sure.

>02
Not a fan of this. The effect seems out of place with what you have going on. I'd rather you do a version of this with Pinnacle.

>03
Huh. This reads strangely due to what you had to do to make it work.

>04
Already did this one a bit ago. Like it just fine.

>05
I feel, same as the other anon, that this needs something to make it feel more blue. I mean you don't have to do that, because concessions needs to be made in multicolored sets, but it'd be nice.

>>52367380
Fun little rules experiment. It should be a rare, because you don't want to see it in a draft too often because more often than not it's not useful, but it's actually probably fine given how it works. I might be wrong here but I'm gonna go out on a limb and stamp it fine.

>>52367351
Too good. 2UU on this one, I think.

So, I'm back to toying with UB mechanics, looking for that elusive evergreen. This is too complex, but it does pair well with the Scry that blue and black seem to get often enough.
>>
>>52369045
This seems like a mono-Red keyword to me. I mean, you're burning your own cards to hit harder, that screams Red.
>>
File: Adroit Adept.png (212KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Adroit Adept.png
212KB, 375x523px
>>52369422
Yeah, I honestly wasn't too sure about it myself after I posted it. Hindsight I guess. You're probably right, especially since red got impulse draw, and this is basically a more aggressive version. I did one more, and I'm more sure of it, and it's quite a bit simpler as well. Problem is, the binary nature of it coupled with the incentive it gives to "not play the game" (not cast/use cards) makes me unsure about it. Though I am sure it's more UB than Ambitious.

Maybe I'll rename Ambitious and make a red card to test drive it. Thanks anon.
>>
File: SD.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
SD.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>52367351
>>52369045
>Too good. 2UU on this one, I think.
It's fine at 1UU. There's also Double Negative at UUR that let's you counter up to two spells.
>>
>>52370203
UUR is a lot more expensive than 1UU. And a blanket mass counterspell is a lot worse than a selective mass counterspell.
2UU is where it belongs, or 1UU if you add a mana cost to the copies.
>>
File: The Gun That Can Kill the Past.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Gun That Can Kill the Past.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52363692
I can't decide whether this is broken or shit
>>
>>52372610
It's literally just Breya x2, it's boring as fuck.
>>
File: Feral Combat.png (297KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Feral Combat.png
297KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Vicious Cutter.png (213KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vicious Cutter.png
213KB, 375x523px
Trying to push the envelope for something RBW can run as the modern-tier beater they lack.
Something big is the territory for G, and something evasive is U. This is reasonably straight forward, with the life-loss intended to motivate W for healing, although just using G for that purpose is a concern.
I am prioritizing keeping it away from GBx over following the color pie. An alternative casting cost could use W, and a hybrid R/B.

If there is documentation on why WotC is afraid of first strike deathtouch, a link would be appreciated. Ankle Shanker and Master of Cruelties are unplayable barring a reanimation strategy, Xathrid Slyblade is strictly unplayable, and Soul Collector requires a great deal of setup and brings unnecessary baggage.
>>52372883
I wonder if this wouldn't just turn into +1/+1 for each beast, since fight doesn't tap.
>>
>>52374222
Soulflayer, excuse me.
Getting the cards in graveyard either means a dredge strategy, or slows the deck down to first swinging turn 4.
Not great options.
>>
>>52374222
Why is RBW unpopular in Modern?
>>
File: Fortified Stronghold.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fortified Stronghold.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
What should the abilitie's cost be to keep it at common?
2?
3?
4?
>>
File: Foraging Grisran.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Foraging Grisran.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52366832
It doesn't matter what kind of format you are playing, if there is an OTK combo lands that produce 2 mana will make it stronger. Saheeli cat combo could go off turn 3 instead of turn 4 with your lands.
>3 lands
>tap 3, sac 1, play cat
>Flicker one
>tap and crack other 2 for saheeli
>GG

If you want to make a land for aggro strategies it's already been printed; The fast lands.

>>52367351
Seems fine. The number of times countering multiple spells on the stack at once comes up is impractically small.

>>52367380
Also is fine due to how impractical it is. Is there any real time other then missplay that people put two spells on the stack at once?

>>52369045
This effect doesn't feel U at all. It feels more in R sense they exile off their top all the time, and it's an aggro effect.

>>52369476
Keywords like this tend to go very poorly as it just encourages people to not play magic the gathering by holding all their cards in their hand.

>>52372883
Instant speed really pushes this, but if wizards thinks clear shot is fair I guess this is too.

>>52376511
Jund and Abzan has better creatures and removal.
>Goyf, Abrupt Decay, Malestrom Pulse, Scavenging Ooze
Also the man lands in Mardu are worse. The only okay one is the BW, the rest are garbage. Jund gets the third best manland, the RG one.

>>52376757
That costing seems fine. The fact it comes in tapped is already a big debuff sense it's still a dead draw on topdeck mode.
>>
>>52376757
so it's a cluestone land?
>>
File: Tefe Holland Sprout15.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tefe Holland Sprout15.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52377515
>card
I don't really get it. Why each player? Why not, say, defending player?
>>
>>52378135
This lets you kill the opp's lands.
>>
File: Alec Holland Swamp Thing.jpg (61KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alec Holland Swamp Thing.jpg
61KB, 375x523px
>>52378256
I didn't intend for it to work that way, I guess I just forgot to limit it to stuff you control. But I am wondering now if it would be worth keeping. Probably not though. But the rest of the card, are the mechanics OK? I want something to do with manlands for this character. To put it into perspective, Tefe is this guy's daughter.
>>
File: Fernsol Cleric.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fernsol Cleric.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52378135
Graveyard centered set with Threshold, Delve, and "triggers when exiled from yard" effects.
It effects both yards so it isn't just a hoser for most of the other effects in the set sense it also hurts you.

>>52378303
Seems fine. I'd kind of prefer running Angery Omnath though.
>>
>>52378328
>both yards
One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of the ability of how it will scale in multiplayer.

>it isn't just a hoser
Do you really think it's that powerful? What about just exiling one card then?

>>52378328
>Seems fine. I'd kind of prefer running Angery Omnath though.
Eh, wanted to take a spin on Liege of the Tangle. I suppose I could try to push more of a graveyard angle.
>>
>>52378135
>>52378303
Honestly I don't even think it's much of a problem. To do it consistently you have to play creatures yourself so Pyroclasm effects are not something you'd want to play. It also goes infinite with Persist creature + sac outlet but you already know that.

>Swamp Thing
Looking at already existing 8cmc green creatures I think it would be fine to make this a beginning of combat trigger in exchange for losing haste.
>>
File: Vail Crusader.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vail Crusader.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52378386
>Multiplayer
Yeah the effects won't click there too well, but frankly with the number of fetches people use and ramps spell and general other things to dump I don't think it's a major concern.
>Really that good?
On one or two cards? No, not really. On like, realistically 20+ cards? Yeah that can really do a dent on a delve deck if most creatures getting cast tax your yard.
>>
>>52378303
Why give the lands haste? It'll literally never matter.
>>
>>52378434
>Tefe
OK, though I admit I didn't forsee the interaction with Persist.

>Swamp Thing
Each combat, or just your combat? And why?

>>52378536
Holdover from Awaken.
>>
>>52379455
>Each combat, or just your combat? And why?
Your combat. The reason is that it has no protection and cards like Craterhoof/Terrastodon exist. I forgot about the possible graveyard strats with Dryad Arbor and such though, so maybe that cost should be more colour-heavy? I'm thinking 1GGG or possibly 1BGG since it is kind of black.

>>52378498
"As long as..." rather than "If..."
>>
>>52377515
>need to swap color and a complete miss
Par for the course, then. At least I called the second one myself when I posted it.
>>
File: Mindflame Acolyte.png (320KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mindflame Acolyte.png
320KB, 375x523px
>>52380487
Oops, forgot my card. I added a "may" clause to it; yea or nay?
>>
File: Unbound Leyline.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unbound Leyline.png
277KB, 375x523px
>>52376757
[1CD] would probably be fine. Perhaps [2CD], if you feel uneasy about the powerlevel.

>>52380609
Not a fan of Intensity. It's very narrow, and very random.
>>
>>52381200
This looks neat, but you should tell us what the rules are for these "enchantmant" cards you're making.
>>
File: Netherworld Warden.png (198KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Netherworld Warden.png
198KB, 375x523px
>>52372610
>eight mana
It's shit.

>>52362942
>Deplete
This is a bit parasitic. Stuff doesn't get exiled from graveyards enough for it to be a mechanic.

>>52362908
The standard templating is "~ and other Zombie creatures you control can't block". I like this card quite a lot.
>>
>>52360034
I get the feeling that R/W aggro is going to absolutely destroy in Athnahr/Athnar 2 limited, given how slow all the other colors are. They're all focused on powering out big fat spells.
>>
File: Fallen Thresher.png (234KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Thresher.png
234KB, 375x523px
>>52381336
they're like normal enchantment spells but they're singular and more masculine
>>
File: Scalding Wave.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scalding Wave.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52381337
>Deplete feels parasitic
I could replace with flashback, but I don't know how well that would fit RB.

>Warden
Pretty strong, but seems fine with how it's not very punishing to throw two things in front of it to kill it.

>>52381458
Black really doesn't do mana ramp anymore so I wouldn't consider this in the B color pie. The effect is also very exploitable, though rather nieche and difficult to properly abuse.
>>
File: Grazing Fildanni.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grazing Fildanni.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>52358265
Is Brilliant Idol going to be part of a cycle? It should be, given that you have the art.

Like the reference to Tribute on Vizier.

Stormwind Djinni's flavor is S W E E T.

Echoing Gyre needs a new name. Perhaps make it 3U to cast, 3R to copy, to make it easier on multicolor decks?
>>
>>52381200
I'd have the cycle trigger put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield, so it still works if you cycle on an opponent's turn.
>>
>>52381200
>narrow
I suppose? I don't really see it as more narrow than any other simplistic evergreen. I guess it doesn't really alter anything about the game unlike flying or trample.

>random
Well it is red. It's meant to be an aggro take on the impulse draw. Fair enough if you don't like it though. It's not exactly jaw-dropping.

>leyline
Solid.

>>52381337
First half of the card is red, but that last bit makes it white. Seems fine, though I wonder if you couldn't just use the Banisher Priest wording.

>>52381458
I feel like this being hybrid is goofy when it only works one way.

>>52381664
Seems fine.

>>52381688
Neat, but seems a bit much. Oddly the Evoke is the more balanced effect of the two; the 2/2 bear + 4 life on death is more questionable. I didn't look that hard for precedence though so eh.
>>
>>52378135
>>52378303
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'll just refine Tefe, but go in a completely with Swamp Thing, make him less comparable to Omnath or Liege.
>>
File: 1489078613746.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1489078613746.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
how would you rewrite ambiguity to follow wizards official rules text templating
>>
File: Coffee.png (308KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.png
308KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52383614
Whenever a player casts an instant spell with "counter target spell" or a player casts a planeswalker spell or a spell with "enters the battlefield with" and "counters on it", that player may choose one--
• The next time a player casts a spell, counter it.
• Choose a counter on target permanent. Put another counter of the same type on that permanent.

You could probably do it more cleanly if you were willing to use "Equinox" style wording.
>>
File: update.jpg (140KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
update.jpg
140KB, 750x523px
Based on the feedback I received, I made some adjustments to these two cards. Thoughts?
>>52381688
>Cycle
I'm not sure what you mean. Given that I have the art? What art?
>Grazing Fildanni
Solid, although I feel like the evoke cost will rarely be used. Still, it adds some utility, as well as some nice flavor.
>>52365867
It turns every counter into Remand? I think the initial cost is too low, even though it's rather narrow.
>>52363353
Very narrow, and ridiculous with fetches.
>>52363081
Grave hate disguised as lifegain. I like it.
>>52362940
Might want to proofread that flavor text, man.
>>
>>52384340
>What art?
You used the art for one of the upcoming Amonkhet God's for brilliant Idol. They're a cycle of 5.
>>
>>52384690
Damn, I actually didn't mean to do that. Weird.
>>
>>52384340
Vizier shouldn't be able to steal lands.
>>
>>52336740
I think I'd rather have it so it exiles the card and you can cast it as long as it remains exiled. Dunno if that actually fits in the mana cost though, sorry.

>>52384340
Still not a fan of Vizier for the reasons I stated before about Tribute. I dunno, I just can't see past Tribute, and be reminded of how poorly it performed.

The Gyre... I hope this doesn't make me sound like a prick, but I'm still not a fan. I think my biggest problem with both designs is that they could work in either color. Like, both designs could be hybrid U/R. I think I'd like it a lot more if the R ability did something that U didn't really have access to. I dunno, maybe mana, tap, and sac for an Inner Struggle, since that would kinda sorta be related to the flavor text? But hey, this is all just me. In terms of mechanics and balance, I think it's just fine.
>>
>>52386852
Meh, I dropped Vexing anyway. It was too convoluted to keyword in my opinion. I have this problem where I can't always tell if a mechanic I make is good or not because I get excited to share it. I gotta get better at stepping back or maybe sleeping on it before I post. Especially since most of my mechanics are garbage.
>>
File: Killing Streak.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Killing Streak.png
277KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52387544
Black works the other way around, hating on low power. It's White that hates on high power.
>>
File: Alec Holland Swamp Thing2.jpg (63KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alec Holland Swamp Thing2.jpg
63KB, 375x523px
Take two. Haste?
>>
>>52387744
When I see Swamp Thing, the immediate thing I think if is "Swamp Think has indestructible as long as you control a Swamp." Because if I recall, he literally can't die if he has a swamp to retreat into and there's at least one cell of him left.
>>
>>52387786
What do you think the recursion is for?
>>
>>52387744
It's great just as it is. Good job.
>>
>>52387799
But muh flavor
It's fine.
>>
File: Shiro Black Paladin.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shiro Black Paladin.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>52387863
Cool, thanks.

>>52387923
It's cool. The times I've made cards based on characters that have a color in their name have made me used to this. Actually, I did try once to have the color in the name match the color of the card with some Voltron cards. The Black one did well, and so did the Red one I think, the rest not so much. The Green one in particular was very painful, as the character is very Blue.
>>
>>52377515
>Also the man lands in Mardu are worse. The only okay one is the BW, the rest are garbage. Jund gets the third best manland, the RG one.
I'm just very curious, how would you order the dualcolor manlands from best to worst? At least the best five.
>>
>>52355910
>>52355939
This gave me an idea.

Master of the Bazaar 4BBB
Creature- Demon
Flying, trample
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player discards two cards at random.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, each opponent chooses a number, then loses that much life. ~ can't attack the player who picked the highest number this combat.
6/6

Debated on adding red, with the goblin game shenanigans, but figured black stealyshit would cover it.
>>
>>52388216
I recommend using bidding.
>>
File: Rusty Claymore.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty Claymore.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52388029
Inkmoth Nexus > WU = Mutavault > Mishra's Factory > RG > UB > WB > GB > GU > RU > WG > Blinkmoth Nexus > BR > Everything else

Infect is broken, and infect with evasion is really good.

Consistent control deck finisher. It has a fat body, can be both an ender and a defensive wall.

The best beater for tribal decks ever printed in land form.

Slower then Mutavault, but is much less limited by deck archetype to use. Also only really played in legacy.

RG is the best color pairing for midrange decks in modern, and the ever growing effect makes it a threat that really can't be handled well late into a game against things like Jund or Nyah burn if they run it.

It's a very consistent finisher. It would be higher up if UB was a stronger color combination. Also fails to defend reasonably.

Playable in modern Abzan and Tokens decks is a good thing, and lifelink is relevant in a lot of midrange and burn matches making it at least relevant in a lot of situations. Token decks also really need the life gain sense they often go fetch shock thoughtsize into fetch shock Bitter Blosom.

It can trade into a creature, and is playable in Jund (but why would you) and Abzan (I guess the deck is bad enough to consider it)

It can't die to removal I guess??? Too bad GU is only played for infect and garbage control lists.

RU lists are either fast, or are control decks. A fast deck wants fast mana (Delver variants, combo decks, ect), and control decks have better options (WU and UB).

WG is a terrible color combination across all formats, and reach is an extremely irreverent keyword. a 3/4 body is nice at least.

It's like Factory if you made it cost more mana! Being colorless and a very draining mana sink to become relevent just makes this card bad. Robots would rather run Factory if they are in legacy, and Inkmoth if they are in modern. This land has no home welcome to it.

The effect is garbage. The only decks in BR have better options. Nuff said.
>>
File: Guessing Game.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Guessing Game.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52389733
So 3 mana and a card to make your opponent discard a land?
>>
>>52389604
It's quite a shame how much lower in power level the enemy creaturelands turned out to be.

1 mana shaved off each activation cost would have gone a long way.
Lumbering Falls in particular is quite lame in that stuff like Ghost Quarter can still be activated in response to making it a creature.

When Hissing Quagmire works, it is most likely dying, setting you back a land. That's pretty bad. Sometimes it's enough to just be a deterrent but lots of players will take the trade to put you down a land.

Wandering Fumarole is very similar in function to Stirring Wildwood. Its power stat is only 1 off what Wandering Fumarole has after it switcheroos anyway, and it's less expensive and vulnerable. 4 mana for a 4/1 is not as good as 3 mana for a 3/4. Imagine if the colors were switched - Stirring Wildwood would definitely see play in UR while Wandering Fumarole in the weaker combination to boot would go nowhere.

I think Lavaclaw Reaches gets a bad rap, and I place it on par with Hissing Quagmire, maybe just under. Lavaclaw Reaches is clearly the worst out of the original cycle but when you hold it up against the newer cycle it's really not that bad.

At least Raging Ravine being good fits the color pie, being the most elemental and earth magic related colors. Makes WU being so good next to the others quite a blunder.
>>
>>52389966
>At least Raging Ravine being good fits the color pie, being the most elemental and earth magic related colors. Makes WU being so good next to the others quite a blunder.
It still confuses the hell out of me why Wizards made Awaken a WU-focused keyword. Like, what?
>>
Which mechanic is better?

Matchback (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a card with the same converted mana cost in addition to paying its other costs.)

Mentalmagicback (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a card with the same mana cost in addition to paying its other costs. Mana cost includes color.)
>>
>>52392167
The first, but I don't think either of them are great.
>>
File: Amazon lands.jpg (139KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon lands.jpg
139KB, 750x523px
Amazon-related lands. This talk about manlands made me want to try it again. For reference, Amazons are a creature type I'm doing for DC Amazons like Wonder Woman. They have an Aura and Equipment matter subtheme, and their tokens are 3/3's.
>>
File: nightbook.jpg (1MB, 744x1045px) Image search: [Google]
nightbook.jpg
1MB, 744x1045px
>>
File: Embalm.jpg (73KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
Embalm.jpg
73KB, 530x370px
Hey, remember that mechanic an anon made that would exile a creature card from a graveyard so you could make a token of it, as a sorta take on Flashback for creatures? Yeah, Wizards made that. Congrats to that anon.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/so-much-amonkhet-news-2017-03-27

>To activate an embalm ability, simply pay the embalm cost and exile the card. You do this any time you could cast a sorcery, meaning during your main phase when nothing else is happening. When the ability resolves, you create a token copy of the card, but as you'd expect, going through the process of mummification causes some changes. It's got that whole undead thing going on, so it's a Zombie in addition to whatever creature types it used to have.
>>
>>52395883
That was time anon. I'm convinced he's a secret undercover Wizards employee.
>>
>>52396056
I bet that's what he's actually teaching, "Magic Set Design"
>>
File: Starrware Industries8.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Starrware Industries8.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
OK, this is my last go at Starrware that benefits from creatures using, and losing, artifacts. If this doesn't work, I'll go in an entirely different direction. Still working with artifacts, but just more directly doing stuff for you.
>>
>>52395883
While I do like Embalm, I am disappointed that they didn't make a Mummy type, either for this, or for Tattered Mummy. But I get that Zombie is a legit tribe (though I'm really starting to see why people were mad that Naga weren't just Snakes).
>>
>>52396160
He probably could get a jon at wizards though, if they did another one of those designer searches.
>>
>>52396056
Would you want to relax after a hard day of card design by designing cards?

That said, time-sama is easily the best designer in these threads.
>>
>>52398020
>Would you want to relax after a hard day of card design by designing cards?
Pick a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.
>>
>>52396192
Allows infinite recursion of CMC 1 artifacts. Given what some CMC 1 artifacts do on sac (draw cards) I think it's a bad idea to not have a mana cost associated. Also lets you build scrap while recurring CMC 0 sac artifacts.
>>
>>52393980
Why not go all the way and do the rules text 1994 style?
>>
>>52398987
OK, yeah, going to try something else entirely.
>>
What do you think about this:

>Smite Evil
>W
>Exile target zombie, vampire, horror or demon creature.

Took pic related as a template, but removed werewolves because they aren't actually evil.
Am I missing any "evil" creature?
>>
File: 67.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>52399733
>pic
>>
>>52398020
>TFW you were never good
Makes me wonder why I bother.
>>
File: CG04 Faithful Companion.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CG04 Faithful Companion.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>52395883
Wow. Neat!
>>
>>52402150
Congrats. That makes at least two mechanics I can recall that we've seen here before WotC published them.
>>
>>52403365
...What's the other?
>>
>>52403473
I wish I could remember. It actually might not have been a mechanic; it might have been a card. I think maybe a land? I think it was the anon who was doing that Estate ability word, but it was two or more years ago if I remember right.
>>
>>52403846
It was. He predicted the return of delve. His Peddled Away was pretty much identical to Set Adrift. He had two opposite-facing arrows as his set symbol.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 8, 8, 10, 6, 10 = 42 (5d10)

Might as well post this, I guess. Rolling for everything but archetype.

>>52403998
Eh, not really that impressive, a lot of people thought Delve would come back eventually, myself included.
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 9, 10, 1 = 24 (5d10)

>>52404115
>Multicolor (), artifact, mana advantage, CMC 3, common
Ugh, no. This is basically just every multicolor mana rock ever. One more roll.
>>
Rolled 7, 2, 3, 3, 4 = 19 (5d10)

>>52403998
I swore there was something like an ability word that was close enough to call it but I can't recall for the life of me. I mean not that it really matters, but it's always kind of nice to see someone design something that gets made official later on, even if in an unofficial capacity.

>>52404115
Eh, sure, why not. I got nothing better to do and can't think of any ideas for cards myself. Rolling color, type, mechanic, cmc, and rarity.
>>
File: 1 3 9 10 1.jpg (26KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1 3 9 10 1.jpg
26KB, 375x523px
Rolled 6, 5, 1, 6, 10 = 28 (5d10)

>>52404170
>White, sorcery, token generation, CMC X, common
Not sure if this is legit. Biggest problem is the rarity.

OK, let's go again. Please Arenji, help your humble servant.
>>
File: 6 5 1 6 10 Idol of Arenji.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
6 5 1 6 10 Idol of Arenji.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Rolled 7, 3, 1, 10, 4 = 25 (5d10)

>>52404249
>Colorless, creature, card advantage, CMC 3, mythic
Mythic, cheap, card advantage? Here goes nothing. Tell me if I should shoot myself.
>>
File: Grave End.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grave End.png
259KB, 375x523px
>>52404215
>black, instant, removal, cmc2, uncommon
I really like how this turned out actually.

>>52404249
Maybe try 1/1 Birds so you can keep it cheaper? Or Spirits? Or even call it Harvest Gathering and have it do 1/1 Humans or Kithkin?

>>52404314
Hory shet that looks powerful but fun. You might want to just make it "if you have less than 7 cards flip a single coin" or "if you're Hellbent flip two coins" or something a bit more dialed back?
>>
File: 7 3 1 10 4 Arenjis Foresight.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
7 3 1 10 4 Arenjis Foresight.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
>>52404314
>Multicolor (14=WU), sorcery, card advantage, CMC X, uncommon
Last one for tonight.

>>52404406
Yeah, might just try smaller tokens. The biggest problem really is that the natural response of making a card that makes X tokens just doesn't exist at common.

>Idol of Arenji
What about something like
2, Discard a card: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, draw two cards.
Statistically, this should even out so you discard as many cards as you draw.

>Grave End
Pretty cool. Good job.
>>
>>52404717
>X tokens
Don't do X. Just do X life then if X is 5 or more, you get a set number of tokens (three vanilla 1/1s or two 1/1s with flying maybe?)

>Idol
I like.

>Foresight
Seems fine to me, though it doesn't really contain any white.
>>
>>52404880
>Don't do X
I know. I already changed it to two 1/1 fliers.

>Idol
Thanks, I'll make the change.

>Foresight
Eh, true. XWU, draw one card, gain 2 or 3 life?
>>
>>52404931
Part of me wants to see Scry X/Lifegain X, then draw one or two, depending on costing.
>>
Rolled 4, 8, 1, 1, 9 = 23 (5d10)

Might as well do some more.

>>52405021
Scry and lifegain? Probably draw 1 then. Will probably lower it to XWU though.
>>
>>52404115
>>
File: 1 Blue Uncommons First Draft.jpg (776KB, 2250x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1 Blue Uncommons First Draft.jpg
776KB, 2250x1046px
In a flurry of spring break productivity, I've finished the first complete draft of my blue uncommons! Changes were made to some cards based on earlier feedback; others, I decided to keep as-is. Thoughts on any f them are, as always, welcome.
>>
File: 4 8 1 1 9.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
4 8 1 1 9.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Rolled 4, 7, 5, 8, 6 = 30 (5d10)

>>52405079
>Red, artifact, card advantage, CMC 1, rare
Shoot me.

>>52405432
>UU01-UU05
Already commented on all of these, don't see anything different enough to change my earlier criticisms.

>UU06
If the set is focused on how much mana is spent to cast a spell rather than its actual mana cost, why doesn't this look at that too? Like, shouldn't it be
>Counter target spell if X mana was spent to cast it.

>UU08
I'm pretty certain that types listed like this are listed alphabetically. As for the ability, seems interesting. Not entirely sure about land animation in Blue, but Wizards decided to do it anyway.

>UU09
Meh.

>UU10
Weird. Why?

>UU11
Seems good.
>>
>>52405592
>UU06
Good point, and a simple enough change to make. Thanks.
>UU08
You're definitely right. I'll fix that.
>UU10
It helps with the characterization of Aneket. I didn't want to just reprint telepathy right after deciding to reprint AEtherize, so I added an in-flavor extra effect to set it apart and make it more useful.
>48119
I like it a lot, actually. Not sure of the current costings, but half an Outpost Siege that you have to pay for every turn could, theoretically, be pretty cheap. Add some flavor and you've got yourself a card, my friend.
>>
File: 4 7 5 8 6.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
4 7 5 8 6.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52405592
>Red, enchantment, voltron/buff, CMC 5, uncommon
OK, I think this is going to be the last challenge card I do for tonight.
>>
File: Ragechanter.png (271KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ragechanter.png
271KB, 375x523px
>>52405432
Pansophic Gaze feels weak. Everything else I've either commented on or seems fine to me, barring any missed wording issues. Not as thrilled about a lot of these as I am with most of your walls o' cards, but again, Votive Familiar sticks out as the real flavor win.

Do keep tabs on Gyre though; a 3/3 with Prowess and a gravy ability is pretty up there for blue. And also, I'd again suggest posting a changelog along with these so we can more easily keep track of what's new/different. Sometimes your changes are subtle and can be missed.

>>52405592
Hm. I want to say the ability should be more expensive, but... 1R does seem kind of steep for one card that is only a temporary advantage. I am still kind of bad at costing impulse draw.

>>52405771
I am a fan of this. It's a nice, redder version of Overrun. Needs the Aura subtype though.

Posting more cards with mechanics nobody but me likes.
>>
Goblin Dragracer
3R
Creature - Goblin
Haste
~ can't be blocked except by creatures with haste.
When ~ becomes blocked, it deals damage equal to its power to itself and all creatures blocking it.
2/1
>>
File: Boundless Possibilities.png (427KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boundless Possibilities.png
427KB, 750x523px
I'm making an enchantment cycle that each represent a defining aspect of each color.

Which of these has the better blue flavor?
>>
>>52406618
Neither really feels U to me, honestly. Caring about creatures dying feels B or maybe G, and Recycle was G.
>>
File: 67[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>52406734

It's just a copy paste of the generic polymoprh mechanic but global.
>>
>>52406785
The difference between Polymorph and your first card is that yours is a "dies" trigger while Polymorph destroys the creature to make it into a new one. It's a subtle difference but it's a distinct one for purposes of color. Your first card is UB, and the second one... well, it could be blue, but "balanced" effects are white, so I'd play it safe and call it WU.
>>
>>52378536
It'll matter if you hasten a land that entered the battlefield that turn, it's to negate all potential for confusion
>>
>>52407038

Fair enough.
>>
>>52407137
How are you getting lands on the battlefield before an "At the beginning of your upkeep" trigger goes off?
>>
>>52407210
Inspire for example
>>
>>52407255
Anything that'd trigger in Untap is delayed until Upkeep.
>>
>>52407285
Or to be more precise, the trigger goes on the stack but can't resolve until Upkeep, but before anything can resolve in Upkeep all the Upkeep triggers go on the stack above the Untap triggers.
>>
>>52407255
And hell, even if you DID somehow get a land onto the battlefield during Untap, you'd then have controlled it at the start of Upkeep so it'd be able to swing anyways.
>>
>>52407332
Ah well, forget me then
>>
Survival bump
>>
File: Wavedancer.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wavedancer.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52365867
>>52384340

Doesn't bounce things that get countered due to illegal targeting/etc. A la Mother of Runes or anything granting protection.
>>
File: Danny the Street.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Danny the Street.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Another experiment in mandlands.

>>52409896
Seems like a fun uncommon.
>>
>>52410673
Wait, why didn't I just make it use +1/+1 counters and turn itself into a 0/0? Oops.
>>
Question:
Will the tokens created by the following ability be able block immediately (leading to infinite creatures) unless I change them to ETB tapped?
>Whenever 'This Creature' blocks a creature, create a token that’s a copy of 'This Creature.'
>>
>>52411813
IIRC, no, because all blocks are done at the same time. Though I believe that with the way the game works, even if you made the token so it ETB blocking that creature, the effect wouldn't trigger, so then it would basically skip the trigger, even though it's still blocking.
>>
File: 1490718555486679.png (332KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490718555486679.png
332KB, 375x523px
One day the worst tribe ever will get some love.
>>
>>52412593
I take it you didn't like the Minotaur tribal from Theros.
>>
>>52412593
I just noticed that i fucked it up. "All Minotaur creatures you control get +1/+0 and have Double Strike"
>>
>>52412629
I like the concept of a Minotaur Tribe. Sadly there was only one lord and, well, except for Ragemonger, nothing too exciting. Which is a shame, because it could be a fun tribe. I saw that Amonkhet has a lot of new Minotaurs, so i can only hope that they can bring something to make the tribe good, at least for casual.
>>
>>52412845
Well, you realize tribes need a bit more than just some lords, yeah? Lords are good, but I think you should try to make some other things as well, like sorceries and enchantments.
>>
File: 1490720581363018.png (332KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490720581363018.png
332KB, 375x523px
>>52412968
Yeah, i know. Minotaur lacks good 1 drops, 2 drops and, well, minotaurs sucks.

Would this one be gamebreaking? 1/1 Double Strike sounds like a great card, even for other decks.
>>
File: 1490720821656107.png (316KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490720821656107.png
316KB, 375x523px
>>52412968
>>
>>52413027
Everything else the same, this would have to be 1R. For a 1 mana DStriker, it would have to fulfill some sort of condition, like Kor Duelist. Honestly, I think one of the problems is that Minotaurs are kinda like Giants in that they kinda demand to have larger bodies. Nowhere near as bad as Giants, sure, but still. I think a better option for cheap Minotaurs would be undercosted, hyper-aggressive creatures with downsides. Something like Carnophage maybe.
>>
>>52413146
Eh, not entirely sure about this. Personally, I'd probably make it 1BR and uncommon.
>>
>>52413176
Maybe "It can only be cast if a Minotaur you control attacked this turn"
>>
>>52413027
Too pushed. The closest we have is a 1/2 W I believe.
It needs a downside, maybe whenever it deals damage it deals that much to you?
>>
>>52413923
1W will get you a 1/1 with DStrike.
RW will get you a 1/2 with DStrike.
>>
File: Grim Display.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Display.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Dead thread
>>
File: 1490731189235702.png (328KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490731189235702.png
328KB, 375x523px
>>52413176
>>52413923
>>
>>52415745
Why is there Black in the Echo cost? And I'm honestly thinking that it shouldn't be able to block.

>>52415582
I'd rather just have them not be able to attack rather than give them Defender. Dunno why, just me I guess. Seems pretty cool otherwise though.

>Dead thread
Sorry, haven't been very inspired today, and I'm in a funk with my CO set.
>>
File: Garsek Hoard Culler.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Garsek Hoard Culler.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
I've always liked minotaurs, and Grixis, so I guess I'll try and make some.
>>
File: Bloodcrazed Brawler.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodcrazed Brawler.png
255KB, 375x523px
Did someone say "one drop Minotaurs">
>>
File: Labyrinth Scholar.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Labyrinth Scholar.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52419299
You might want to change it to, "Fights another target creature you control" to avoid it suicide at end steps if it's all you have. Other then that it seems fine, but probably a rare.
>>
>>52419516
Actually I did intend it to kill itself, because it's berserk and if there's nothing else to punch it will start punching tables and destroying things and it is likely to hurt itself. Honestly it's not that much bigger of a deal than it punching your other creatures anyway, and I personally like that touch, but that's just my opinion. Why do you think it'd have to be rare though? It doesn't seem overly powerful and it's not so hard to use that you'd have to limit it's rate of appearance, I don't think. It's basically a T1 Shock.

>scholar
Blue Minotaurs is strange now. It used to be a blue tribe, but now it's just odd to me. It's a fine card though.
>>
File: Snap Wheels.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Snap Wheels.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Made some orginal cards
>>
File: Sparkstream Apprentice.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sparkstream Apprentice.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>52419768
I like the old school stuff of em, but want to piece it well with the more modern use of them. Scholar is basically just Labyrinth Minotaur.
>>
File: Sparkstream Grandmaster.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sparkstream Grandmaster.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>
Need some help on costing.

Complete Shutdown
4UU?
Instant
Tap all permanents.
Counter all spells and abilities.
>>
>>52421295
4UUU is more then enough. Arguably 3UUU.
>>
Are there even enough people around to warrant making a new thread?
>>
>>52422640
Yes.
>>
New Thread

>>52422952
>>52422952
>>52422952
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.