[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 35

File: DD-Transparent.png (57KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
DD-Transparent.png
57KB, 1500x750px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>New Unearthed Arcana: Wizard Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/MJ320UAWizardVF2017.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: The Mystic Class
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
>>52286513
>>
D&D Beyond isn't bad, but you can't click on any of the numbers to calculate attack, save, damage values.
It's just a glorified system reference document and not actually interactive.
What's the point?
>>
Thoughts on the case incentive minis so far?
>>
File: Vestige Pact.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Vestige Pact.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
How's this?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12574247
>>
File: 1446468224584.jpg (22KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1446468224584.jpg
22KB, 325x346px
> love playing Pathfinder and 3.5 because of all the customization
> players play broken ass shit and ruin the campaign then whine at me for not gitting gud
> game ends up in such a fully optimized state that customization no longer exists because the only option is CoDzilla win button of scrolls
> go to play 5e
> customization sucks ass

There is no winning. Will there ever be an edition of D&D that isn't 75% shit?
>>
>>52293177
to bilk the uninformed of money
>>
>>52293298
Well than go back to 3e and pathfinder. Just make agreements not to be overpowered
>>
>>52293298
The only iterations of D&D with that sort of bent are 3.X and 4e, so if you want a "character engine" sort of system that's neither of these then you should look elsewhere.
>>
>>52293241
Binders work better on the Mystic chassis.
>>
>>52293241
What are you thinking for Pact spells?
>>
>>52293401
>Pactbinders
>casting spells
>>
Has anyone ever raped an NPC/enemy?
>>
>>52293578
Only my fellow players.
The game table is no place to be inserting your own magical realms.
>>
File: 1427220938154.png (56KB, 834x716px) Image search: [Google]
1427220938154.png
56KB, 834x716px
>>52293578
>>
>>52293614
No one was posting anything else
>>
File: 1307476211546.jpg (179KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
1307476211546.jpg
179KB, 512x800px
>>52293298
> go to play 5e
> customization sucks ass

I initially thought this then realized all the possibilities afforded by multiclassing and the proper feats.
>>
>>52293665
Don't forget R E F L U F F I N G and mechanic swapping.
Hell, just use different archetypes on different classes.
>Battlemaster Barbarian
>>
>>52293665
Yeah this really. Honestly the more straight-forward approach to classes is really nice because in my opinion it allows for better player dynamics. Whereas the overcomplicated mess of other systems with classes means players don't really get creative for every obvious reason under the sun.
>>
Is it weird that I've kinda been turned off multiclassing after 3e?

I think I'd much prefer something more like the arcane trickster/theurge/favoured soul/eldritch knight archetypes.
>>
>>52293177
From what I understood it isn't complete yet. Well get a character builder soon at least.
>>
>>52293298
I don't understand why people get so upset when you admit that 5e lacks customization.

>>52293359
2e also offered a ridiculous amount of customization.
>>
Goblins or Kobolds?
>>
>>52293801
Kobolds. At least they have an aspiration
>>
>>52293359
Why couldn't they just make 5e that way? What made 3.5 bad was:

1) lack of number balance (i.e. 4e's 1/2 level, or 5e's proficiency)

2) SoD spells with no downsides

3) scrolls and wands obliviating the utility classes (the spells themselves were less of an issue as they were obviously meant to be a poor fill in for rogue, but really they should have been deleted too)

4) Feats that were shit

Except 5e mostly fixed the feats but doesn't barely have any, the SoD spells that were actually fun and bad-ass were replaced with straight damage because the devs couldn't think of a way to balance them in an interesting way, and Vancian casting is back with the retarded spell matrix that is like a tax for playing a caster.

>>52293665
> multiclassing has ability score requirements now to block dipping
> instead of just limiting the total number of classes you can take
> implying the feats are even interesting
> implying chargen is half as interesting as 3.5

Just because being a fighter is less shitty, doesn't mean they are more interesting to build. Even the shitty options in 3.5 were more fun than the "options" in 5e.
>>
>>52293750
No.

Multiclassing was never popular outside of minmaxboards, I've played with several different groups and only one person multiclassed.
>>
>>52293801
Goblins. They're not as stupid/annoying/pointless in the standard (FR) and have less shortstack and no furry shit going round.
>>
>>52293750
>archetypes
>I don't like actually controlling anything about my character so i will pick one of these epic destiny paths.

>>52293823
Everyone in my group save one multiclassed, so I guess it's a by-group thing.
>>
File: drudgeprowler.jpg (29KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
drudgeprowler.jpg
29KB, 300x400px
>>52293801
Drudge.
>>
Am I the only one here even mildly hyped for Tales from the Yawning Portal? I've only been DMing a year and never got to run the classics, so I'm excited.

I just started running Curse of Strahd. I was thinking that if any of the PC's die, they get to come back as Revenants, but their ultimate punishment will be having to clear the Tomb of Horrors after defeating Strahd if they want any hope of escaping Barovia. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>52293578
No but my players moved away from a group of hostiles to attack the leader of the group. Problem was the group had been harassing a family and they now had free access to hostages. they saved two out of four
>>
>>52293817
>5e has Vancian casting
When will this meme die?

5e is spells known combined with MP predivided into slots. You don't prepare spell "bombs" of individual castings that are lost once used. It is by definition not Vancian. Calling your magic resource "slots" is not what makes Vancian casting Vancian.
>>
how difficult is it to make a fresh PC in 5.0?
>>
>>52293849
I'm hyped for it. I've got the Roll20 version preordered and am going to buy the book locally on Friday (WPN release date). I'm going to be running and streaming the whole thing with different character groups for each adventure, should be rad.

I'm mostly excited for Sunless Citadel. That's a classic adventure and the first I ever ran as a DM.
>>
>>52293750
Yes.

5E is very multiclass friendly. Playing straight through a class is easy and functional, but once you figure out how to mix and match things, multiclassing is the way to go for combining interesting abilities and coming up with different flavors.
>>
>>52293817
>Why couldn't they just make 5e that way?

You aren't going to like the answer, 5e was designed so podcasts didn't have to play loose with the rules like they did with previous versions. Mearls believes D&D's future is a non-interactive livestreamed show.
>>
does anyone have the compiled UA codex that was downed by wizards?
>>
>>52293801
lizardfolk
>>
>>52293801
kobolds all the way.
>>
>>52293750
5e multiclassing is a lot better than 3.5e for the purposes of making something "just fine" based on whatever idea you might have. You do have to try a little bit (don't screw yourself out of Extra Attack if you need it, for example) but it feels much more common sense based than trying to make something passable with 3.5e's esoteric broken madness-inducing wank multiclassing.

That said, multiclassing requires much more DM oversight than forcing singleclassing.
I force singleclassing in the game I DM, and that's just to save time for everyone; even if everyone want to stay within acceptable bounds, it still takes significant added homework and negotiation if you want to be sure it's all peachy, compared to just running single classes, which have pretty solid balance unless you count the original BM ranger.
>>
>>52293865
Easy. Just follow the guide in chapter 1 of the PHB, also found here: https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/rules.html#Step-by-Step%20Characters
>>
>>52293780
Most sane people don't play 2e with the Options line stuff. That's where the majority of the "no playtesting policy" trouble comes from.
>>
>>52293895
>Mearls believes D&D's future is a non-interactive livestreamed show.

With 50% of the party playing fags and trannies, don't forget.
>>
Going to be rolling up a Firbolg Ranger aiming for the UA Primeval Guardian. However, reading through the Guardian Soul ability, I have a question on both being a Large creature and using a bow and the general effectiveness; are there penalties for wielding smaller weapons? Or, despite the severe speed decrease, does going melee Ranger work here?
>>
>>52293976
There are no penalties for wielding smaller weapons, at least by RAW. For melee, you're supposed to run in, use your tree form, then bunker down until the enemies are dead.
>>
File: caster supremacy.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
caster supremacy.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>52293241
No offense, but this has zero fun of the 3,5 binder OR the 5E warlock. No expanded spell list, no access to UA invocations (aside from level 14 ability, technically), it's pretty bland.
Also I vigorously hate those "prevent/reduce damage, regain use after rest" abilities, they're unoriginal as fuck and are a dumb filler, brings nothing new to the table.
>>52293365
This, pretty much. Mechanically they're much closer. I'm not entirely sure how it should be implemented, but there has to be a way of imprinting it onto the Mystic base. The flavour would suffer a bit, but given that IIRC most of vestiges from Tome of Magic inhabited the Astral Plane, it wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch. After all, we already have a wizard discipline that used to be an actual full fledged class before making a comeback in 5E.
>>
>>52293055
Understand that D&D does a concession on strength, if the game focused on realism, to hit would always be dex and damage would always be str.

Basically in real life hand-eye coordination is king among men the less and less you need to actually put strength behind a weapon (now a kid with a gun can literally kill anyone as long he hits them in the head), D&D and many games with simplistic/nonsensical stats do the concession where "Melee=str".

However, cool as fuck. Gonna bug my DM to at least include the weapons.

Otherwise you'd end up with anima/3.5PF/GURPS/WoD/Etc... stat imbalance, where a stat is god-emperor and the rest of stats swerve and (some) of those at least tend to put a require str behind a weapon to give str some medium use.

>>52293298
The only games where you can customize into retarded shit are ones with no huge playerbases that end up minmaxing. Or welcome the darkness and play GURPS.
>>
Are they ever going to make a reprinting of the PHB to include all the UA?
>>
>>52293864
Whatever you call it, it's dumb and I don't like it. No sir.
>>
File: Mike Mearls proudly presents.png (38KB, 866x820px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Mearls proudly presents.png
38KB, 866x820px
>>52294152
>they actually print Loremaster with a slap on the wrist nerf
Watch it happen.
>>
>>52294166
Then use the spell points variant in the DMG.
>>
>>52293895
Hmm, interesting. So do you belive that it will go the route of let's plays?
>>
>>52294197
It really felt like a missed opportunity that the sorcerer class didn't just use spell points instead of slots. I can understand why they wouldn't want that for multiclass purposes, but I feel like they are really lacking as far as having a niche
>>
>>52294268
>I can understand why they wouldn't want that for multiclass purposes
Except they already did goofy shit with pact magic so it makes even less sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 445x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 445x330px
Can you make multiple range attacks with thrown weapons? I've had some DM say drawing and throwing a new knife counts as part of the attack the same way a fresh arrow would be.

Other say that only applies to actual the range of class weapons, not a throw melee weapons.
>>
>>52294299
Drawing a weapon can be done as part of an action, so that seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>52293948
>>52294200
>>52293895
I'm call bullshit on this.
>>
Guys is fantasy grounds good for 5th ed with friends? I've been watching some tutorials, looks pretty cool and simple, I live really far from my friends now, so it would be cool to be able to play still.
>>
>>52294299
Tell the other to fuck himself. If you can't throw multiple knives why even live?
>>
>>52294299
something about pulling a new weapon can be done with your free interaction so if you had a javelin in hand, you can pull another one with your free interaction and throw a second one, but after that it's up to your dm to allow anything else.
>>
>>52294360
>Drawing a weapon counts as part of the action.

Not to be a Smart arse, but is it part of the attack or the action? Because there's a big distinction there between the two
>>
>>52294169
is it really that broken?
>>
>>52293897
anyone?
>>
>>52294479
strength save hold person
forceballs
cast spells from a mile away because why the fuck not
>>
>>52294461
I'm going off of page 190 in the PHB. There's a blue box that says "Here are a few examples of the sorts of thing you can do in tandem with your movement and action". The examples are things like "draw or sheathe a sword" or "withdraw a potion from your backpack". So... part of the action, I suppose.
>>
>>52294479
It's a bit overpowered but people certainly exaggerate it.
The worst aspect of it is that, to me, all of those features make *much* more sense as something a Sorcerer would have.
>>
>>52294521
>strength save hold person
wouldn't int or cha be better?
>>
>>52294479
Too many 'free' options for a class with already buttload of options basically.

It would like if a barbarian got battlemaster and totem.
>>
>>52294586
hold person paralyses you. paralysed people automatically fail strength and dex saves
>>
>>52294479
On top of the exploits people have mentioned it has no bad features, while all the other Wizard archetypes have at least one.
>>
>>52294525
>Part of the action.

Right, so technically you can't just spam throwing weapons like knives or javelins regardless of your attacks, you can only draw one for a throw weapon per action.

Which is annoying but fair I suppose. it's a range weapon of convenience not the intent attack main option.
>>
>>52293177
That stuffs coming in later steps. Consider this an Alpha right now. Character creation and management comes in the next phase (Closed Beta), followed by full campaign management and homebrew libraries in phase 3 (Open Beta). Then the whole thing gets public release for some fucking ridiculous price because WoTC.
>>
>>52294672
ah, that's kind of stupid. but i guess you'd still have to fail the original saving throw using str so it's not an automatic get fucked button.
>>
Is it worth multi-classing Bard with anything?
>>
>>52293177
you asked this already and people already told you
>>
>>52294830
2 in Fighter for armor proficiency, a Fighting Style and Action Surge.
>>
Anyone else ever considered playing a full orc wizard?
>>
>Variant human EK4/LandDruid4/NatureCleric1/AT4/Warlock4/Wizard1/Sorcerer1/Bard1 can get 34 cantrips
>There are 40 cantrips in the game
Why live?
>>
>>52294830
LoreBard6/Paladin14

Otherwise probably not, just keep levelling up for spells and consider taking a level or two of fighter or paladin if you want better armour + shields + possibly smiting/action surge.
>>
>>52294927
im sure you can get more anon, just keep trying
>>
File: 1489569860101.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489569860101.gif
2MB, 400x300px
I want to play D&D on roll20 but I know only the most basic starter rules about the game. How do I get started because D&D actually seems like a lot of fun and I'd genuinely like to git gud at it.
>>
>>52294830
Warlock 2 for more damage potential with cantrips.
>>
>>52294957
I feel the best way to learn is by playing and having all the more expirienced players yell at you what you're doing wrong
>>
>>52294957
Just like play gaem.
>>
How would one go about building an "anti-magic" character? Someone who hunts warlocks for a living, for example.
>>
> Ran a campaign a few months ago
> Player rolls up a LG dragonborn paladin only for the stats and abilities
> Asks him what type and he goes for vengeance
> Asks him if he worships a god
> He says yes
> I wait for what god and he never says
> Asks him who and he says he doesn't know any gods
> We have to spend 20 minutes because he can't decide on what god
> Finally decides on Tiamat
> Asks him if he knows who Tiamat is
> Says she's a dragon god so she's good enough
> I suggest Bahamut then after explaining why a LG paladin of Tiamat might be tough to play
> He goes with it
> Few sessions in, the bard decides to steal sacred scrolls to a temple of Bahamut since it contains secret lore and he wants it
> Offers a +1 weapon he was holding on to from a dungeon crawl to paladin if he helps
> Paladin accepts and steals the scroll
> Bard learns secret shit and then releases it to the public
> Paladin gets nightmare about bahamut being pissed at him
> Asks me out of character why this is happening and why I'm picking on him

After a few more sessions the campaign imploded due to having to get 5 people to align their schedules and I now I'm just making a new one with 2 PCs.

So how is everyone's campaigns going?

>>52294957

Get the pdfs of the PC handbook and look at the Unearthed Arcanas and any of the additional books.

Also, try to find players to play with. With time you'll get better. Just expect to be shat on, tricked, and killed if you have the same group as me if you start.

>>52294998
Go inquisitor paladin.
>>
>>52294998
Mage slayer and maybe shield master traits
>>
>>52294998
Become a bard or abjuration wizard.
>>
>>52294737
Third party made it, so probably the bulk of the cost.

>>52294846
It's gonna be a bait post is my guess
>>
>>52295010
You should've just said 'You don't HAVE to worship a god'

Doesn't sound like they were up for roleplay heavy stuff anyway.
>>
>>52295010
Also fuck Bahamut

>>52294998
Ancients or devotion paladin.
>>
How to go about getting sexy dwarf girlfriend in a game. Our lesbian ranger can get a girlfriend why couldn't my dwarf who has +0 cha
>>
>>52295010
Maybe your bard shouldn't have asked a LG paladin of Bahamut to help steal scrolls from a temple of Bahamut. Seems like a surefire way to get smited, or at least reprimanded. Are all your players retarded or something?
>>
>>52294921
Yeah. Slapped myself after.
>>
>>52295084
You're a dwarf. You want a dwarf chick. Get one drunk, bang, chat in the morning, see if she's up for a long distance relationship.
>>
I think my DM is giving me the option to change my half-elf race into a half-elf variant. Do I trade my two skills of Stealth and Intimidation (neither of which I really use) for Elf Weapon Training, which I'd only really be taking for the shortsword?
>>
How would you handle an Ur-Priest in 5e?
>>
File: Wanna see some magic.png (111KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Wanna see some magic.png
111KB, 250x250px
>>52294921
I did once.

He was a barbarian.
>>
>>52295174
You've answered that one yourself lad.
>>
>>52295135
Why should I just stick her in a bag of holding until I get 9th level spells to revive her. Portable girlfriend
>>
>>52294927
The Magic Initiate feat will get you two more cantrips anon!
>>
>>52295038
It was mostly 3 of the 5 players where there 30%-50% of the time so my other 2 PCs and I agreed to cancel the campaign and start a new one.

This time I'm going for a mix between the Forgotten Realms, Warhammer Fantasy, and possibly some hints from other stuff.

>>52295084
Go to poorest and run down Dwarven hold and offer a shit ton of gold for the hand of Dwarven maiden or some shit. Alternatively, go to a Dwarf dude who's down on his luck and do quests for him return for marriage to his daughter.

>>52295086
The thing is, the Bard was "CG" but acted towards CN more. He also knew the paladin player doesn't really give a shit about playing a paladin and only wanted to get paladin shit since he knew I would feature undead creatures in my campaign and wanted an advantage.

Throughout my campaign he basically acted like a fighter and refused to help anyone who was in need, whether they be poor, starving, or another worshiper of bahamut.

He also constantly tried to fudge his rolls in front of me and I had to constantly keep track of his spells since he tried to burn more spells then he had so he could keep doing more damage. He tried to say he had 6 LV2 spells at level 6.

The only reason he did it was because he legitly thought there was gonna be no repercussions since he was a paladin and therefore enacting Bahamut's will by stealing his sacred secret scroll.

That and he wanted a +1 sword.

Meanwhile the bard did it because he was offered gold. The player in question also sees NPCs as nothing but stat blocks and will kill or maim any NPC if it meant furthering his wants.
>>
>>52295196
I don't see it though. I'm trading one "ehh, I guess its useful" for another.

The only reason my DM brought it up was because I think he was getting sick of me stabbing these magic-immune creatures with double daggers.
>>
>>52294299
>>52294360
>>52294414
>>52294525
>>52294689
But who says you cant just pull out like 3 of em? The biggest throwing weapon is a spear, and I think if you are using str for ranged attacks instead of dex, you are strong enough to hold 3 at once.
>>
>>52295199
Girls are odd creatures, anon, even dwarven ones. They don't much appreciate being kidnapped and suffocated to death in an extradimensional space, even if you ressurect them afterwards. Here is what you must do.

1. Raid a dragon hoard, taking as much gold as possible, enlist the aid of a wizard to help with this.
2. Buy much booze and flowers, and mutton.
3. Locate a suitably attractive and single dwarf lady
4. Ask if she wants to fuck
5. If she's down, get to fucking.
6. After the fucking is done, give her all the stuff you bought and ask if she wants to be your girlfriend.

There. Tell your DM a wizard wrote you this letter.
>>
>>52294921
currently playing a half-orc wizard because I rolled for my race. really not sure how I feel about it.
>>
>>52295204
I've already included 4 magic initia-

Oh fuck, I miscounted, I only have 3 magic initiates in my calculations.

You can get 36 cantrips.

If you ignore SCAG, you can get ALL the cantrips. Even the modern on/off UA one.
>>
>>52294361
If your so inclined you could scroll through his twitter where he talked about this god knows how long ago.
>>
>>52295267
How is it?
>>
>>52295268
that spell always makes me chuckle when I stumble on it in my spellbook app

"This one summons a ghostly hand, this one can make small illusions, this one turns off light switches, this one summons a spear of ice..."
>>
>>52295175
Refluffed cleric of trickery or arcana, maybe one of the spooky domains. Although that is one of the concepts I'd really like to have an official Cleric archetype for.
>>
>>52294921
It can be good if you cry enough to your DM to allow you to play a bladesinger and you multiclass into melee stuff ASAP and only 2 levels for some utility and blade singing.
>>
>>52295277
Good thing he isn't on the Wizards Of The Coast board of directors then, isn't it?.
>>
>>52295295
>>52294921
Actually, can you bladesing while on a rage?
>>
What's the worst possible class/race combo
>>
>>52295286
>>52295175
What if it was a Warlock pact? One where the patron doesn't want to be.

It could complete the trinity of Favoured Souls and Theurge.
>>
>>52295010
But anon, Tiamat was right, the gods ARE inherently tyrannical with even the most "paragonic" "good-aligned" gods refusing to replace the wall of the faithless with something that doesn't require fully aware individuals being chained to and slowly merging with a goddamn wall.
Also fuck bahamut
>>
>>52295283
to be honest, I've only played him for one very short session so far because our DM didn't bother reading the fucking campaign path before showing up. I'm trying to think of where I want to go with this guy, but I know I wanna be a utility wizard with a lot of versatile spells
>>
>>52295350
Bullywug/Anything.
>>
>>52295369
Take the rest of your levels in monk and cast fist
>>
>>52295350
Kobold Barbarian.
>>
>>52295365
Except you're forgetting that the wall also keeps the Demons in their fucking Abyss, and was originally created by an Evil god who was more powerful than even Ao, he's still around, name of Jergal, I believe.
>>
>>52295365
I honestly don't care (Since if I could have my way, I'd rather have Emrakul ever since they released the rules/guidelines for stating her, plus she's best girl in all of magic), the thing that pissed me off was he only thinks in terms of crunch and not even any fluff.

Sure my bard player did the same thing, but at least he had personality for his character. He literally was just there the whole time. No input unless it benefited him, not describing anything about him, nothing. Even my fighter PC had more character and he was just there for combat. Fuck, he even made a personality and had goals and basically became a WWE superstar that was a gay as fuck oiled up near naked Roman gladiator that acted like Hulk Hogan. He made bandits and soon OGRES scared of grappling with him. Sometimes literally.
>>
What's the worst player you ever had to deal with and why were they the worst
>>
>>52295388
I was actually thinking of taking levels in barbarian because if I'm not gonna wear armor, I might as well buff my AC while doing it. But then I remember that you can't cast spells while raging. That, and my 10 STR
>>
>>52295299
He's head of the D&D department, which only has 8 employees, one of which is his literal bitch.

Anyway, Twitter is a piece of shit and makes searching peoples timeline impossible, but in a series of tweets on August 7, 2016 literally confirms >>52293895

Is congratulations in order that 5e is the first D&D balanced around a good of LARPers?
>>
Dude 1- Today at 5:49 PM
my character is available if a group wants an evil-ish bat-shit-insane tiny druid man

Dude 2 - Today at 5:50 PM
Aren't you quarter-Orc, quarter-Human, and half-Gnome or something?

Dude 1 - Today at 5:50 PM
verily
he identifies as a plant with a chip on its shoulder

Dude 2 - Today at 5:51 PM
I think there is space on the Bee slaying adventure

Dude 1 - Today at 5:51 PM
as such, I'm having issues figure out how to get him to walk into a tavern made out of dead trees and look a board filled with paper

Dude 2 - Today at 5:52 PM
You'll fit right in with @Dude 3 , he's an oak cupboard come to life.(edited)

Dude 1 - Today at 5:53 PM
does he have a compartment small enough to store me in?

Dude 3 - Today at 5:53 PM
So it's been told
Oh, several :wink:

Dude 1 - Today at 5:53 PM
we get into combat and I just sort of pop out screaming

Dude 3 - Today at 5:53 PM
Something's gonna be poppin out alright

I just wanted to play tabletop with real characters, not these chucklefucks and "retarded Palpatine like from Star Wars"
>>
File: micolash host of the nightmare.jpg (801KB, 1280x1387px) Image search: [Google]
micolash host of the nightmare.jpg
801KB, 1280x1387px
>>52295186
That better be a bonefist build boi.
>>
Am I an asshole DM?

>Party is fighting a high level illusionist
>The first time half of the fight he conjured a rip in space that had a meteor hurling toward the portal
>Then he used his major images to summon an ogre
>The party "fights" the Ogre until realizing it's an illusion
>they chase him into his lair - which has a 50~ foot drop with water at the bottom and is an island in the center of the room with a thin bridge
>The players kill the mage and his actual undead by igniting oil while on his island - the players jump off the island and into the water
>The water turns to jagged rock as he dies - the illusion dissipating
>there's also 4 more bridges connecting to the island
>entire party is basically at full life
>each dive into rock
>TPK
>>
>>52295420
Nah, Nergal made it for shits and giggles, and the gods didn't care about mortals (they even let their worshippers clutter the city of the dead, not even bothering to pick them up), so no one did anything about it.

Then the time of troubles happened, Nergal got killed, the new death god got rid of the wall, and Ao made all the gods have to care about their worshippers because more worshippers = more power.

The gods whined that mortals had no reason to worship them, so the gods were screwed. Ao, forgetting clerics existed, decided the gods were right, so made the new death god bring back the wall.

And the new death god, now that he had to be responsible for the wall of soul death, lost his good alignment.
>>
File: 1487623295077.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1487623295077.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>52295465
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/762147812704268288

Reminder kids, watch your Critical Roll to learn how to play D&D!
>>
>>52295441
Guy was playing a Kender rogue. So that he could piss everyone off by stealing our stuff and acting innocent about it. Our DM was innocent, he didn't know the memes, he didn't know what he'd do with it. But that guy. He knew. He stole my scroll of Meteor Swarm. Which is why I threw him off a cliff midway through the campaign.
>>
>>52295506
No, Jergal originally created it then at some point let three incredibly powerful evil mortals take his power willingly, Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul, and he stayed around as seneschal of the realm of the dead, time of troubles came around and Myrkul got murdered and replaced by Kelemvor, who also took a portion Bhaal's portfolio specifically the moment death, The wall is only there because destroying souls is difficult, and Kelemvor prefers that Demons don't destroy all of Realmspace.
>>
>>52295518
Why is that dragon rainbow is he a faggot or something (not that there's anything wrong with that)
>>
>>52295518
what a faggot
>>
>>52295506
>Lost his good alignment

Oh fuck here we go again fuckin' cosmos
>>
>>52295498
Well, did you roll damage and kill them legit or did you just say "you all die", because if you rolled damage then you did nothing wrong by killing those dumbasses.
>>
>>52295498
well, yeah, but that's expected.
>>
>>52295570
I like Jergal, I feel he's unappreciated. Like the old veteran soldier who does what has to be done, but like, the god equivalent.
>>
>>52295599
I got nothing against the God of The End of Everything myself, I don't think he gave all of his power up and when the time comes, I think he's still gonna reap Ao.
>>
>>52295575
Not even a good rainbowsparkles dragons.
Not even a donger or two in there, shit OC/10
t. furfagpro
>>
>>52295498
Couldn't they have just... I don't know, thrown a rock or a coin onto the bridges to work out which was real instead of jumping off lemmings style?

They sound like idiots who don't undestand how to do puzzles, unless you purposefully hid information like the water becoming rock and didn't tell the players even as they made the decision to jump in, because they would seriously notice that before they've all jumped unless they SPECIFY they all jump at once without even looking down.
>>
>>52295628
Not deepthroating a horsecock 0/10
>>
>>52295650
>Not being able to type while sucking off your BF
This is why I phonepost buddy.
>>
>>52295420
>Forgetting
>When i explicitly put the word REPLACE in there
Nigger faggot.
>>
Experiences with homosexual party members? Either in game or irl.
>>
As a player, how many times will I visit Castle Ravenloft over the course of Curse of Strahd?

Just once, near the end? Multiple times?

Because we've had some fortune tellers alert us to some nice-ass shit in that castle that I want in on, and I don't want to snag it ten minutes before the campaign ends.
>>
>>52293578
I was in an AL game early on in 5e, and one of the guys tried to rape a little girl outside of the tavern that everyone just evacuated due to a fight, so naturally there were like 80 people plus the party all there.
>AL games
>>
>>52295769
well, we had a gay guy in one of our games. played an orc barbarian. i think he was a bear, irl, cool dude desu, brought beers to each session. pretty much no difference to the rest of the players, except when he did an in game romance it was with a manly dwarf blacksmith instead of a chick.
>>
>>52295774
Maybe once for a nice dinner party and then a second time as the campaign ends?

But you might do another adventure after CoS.
>>
Fellow dwarves, do you keep elf ear necklaces. And how many of the faggots have you killed
>>
Power Surge seems kind of boring.
>>
>>52295748
What could they replace it with? and lets be perfectly honest here you did forget because you didn't mention why it was needed, whats worse somewhat tryannical Gods or all of realmspace getting fucked by Demogorgon and Grazz't, nd maybe even Lolth?
>>
>>52295774
You can visit and leave as many times as you want(/can without dying). In fact you really should visit and leave at least once.
>>
>>52295826
LOOKING AT THOSE EARS MAKES ME TOO ANGRY TO COUNT
>>
>>52295678
So you basically want Wizard supreme edition back? go back to 3.pf faggot.
>>
>>52293665
This is what I do
>feat at level 1
>higher stats to start with so people can pick feats without regret
>more feat options
>>
>>52295010
Campaign is going decent, one of my PCs found out that a tribal heirloom may or may not contain the soul of the founder of his tribe.Also that he does have the power to interfer with his abilities due to being attuned to the item.

Although they ran into this problem >>52293855 and found out that religious zealots are not nice people and if they make horrible choices bad things happen.
>>
File: dwarvenminer.jpg (28KB, 382x308px) Image search: [Google]
dwarvenminer.jpg
28KB, 382x308px
>>52295826
As fun as slaying elves is, I'd never sully myself by wearing garbage jewelry like that. Might as well be making a necklace out of dried turds.
>>
File: 1411877443640.jpg (27KB, 433x187px) Image search: [Google]
1411877443640.jpg
27KB, 433x187px
>>52295836

We brought up the idea in our last session, asked if we could just...go to the castle.

>I mean, yeah, you could, but the whole place is littered with crows. Strahd would have dozens eyes on you the moment you got within a mile of the front door.

Didn't really come off as a hard no, just one of those "you can, but you maybe shouldn't" DMisms.

Unless I misunderstood his tone. We're currently 5th level and are chasing down some dark druids.
>>
>>52295835
>You did forget
Nope.
Stop being a nigger faggot and trying to seem like you know more than me, dipshit.
You won't impress anyone here.
Anyone who knows jack shit about the wall knows that its stopping a whole lot of shit. I just dont think its really necessary to have that specific arrangement going on. A less fucked up alternative could work.
>>
What is something from a previous edition you want to see implemented in 5e or future editions

For me I want to see a Gestalt option, the most fun I ever had playing D&D was in a Gestalt campaign back in 3.Ï€ and a Book of Nine Weebs style class or set of classes for the same reasons
>>
>>52295896
Not even drow nigger ears!
>>
File: boc.jpg (158KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
boc.jpg
158KB, 700x700px
>the party still hasn't figured out that each session is patterned after a different Blue Oyster Cult song
thank you mystic, it's time for them to become veterans of the psychic wars
>>
>>52295913
Then give me the alternative, maybe someone could pass it on to Ed Greenwood? I never claimed to know more than you do, but plenty of people don't know as much as some of us here about Forgotten Realms, if you mention the wall mention the reason it's there.
>>
>>52295935
have they feared the reaper yet
>>
>>52295935
>t each session is patterned after a different Blue Oyster Cult song
Tell me more.
>>
>>52295827
The archetype is Bladesinger, but temporary bonuses instead of constant, and +7/9 damage once per short rest.
>>
>>52295969
Naturally
>>
>>52295969
It's "Don't Fear The Reaper" not "Fear The Reaper", moron.
>>
>>52295997
>wanting to be like the seasons
>>
>>52295997
yes, but you can't ask someone "Have you not been afraid yet" that sounds fucking retarded.
>>
>>52293948

But Roll20 Presents is still pretty decent despite that.
>>
>>52293948
>With 50% of the party playing fags and trannies
This is why making (Half-)Elves decent will forever be a mistake.
>>
>>52296020
Yeah you could have had them meet Death and have him be cool as shit, that would be totally awesome or you could show them not to be afraid of dying by way of sacrifice of a beloved NPC or something, ton's of shit you could do.
>>
>>52296063
I'm lost. Explain this whole chain here to me please
>>
>>52296088

Only sexual deviants play half-elves.
>>
>Hex gives disadvantage on ability checks
Is that pretty much everything that isn't an attack roll or a saving throw? Does that include initiative if I chose Dex?
Is it noticable if I Hex someone or would I be able to shit on someone's Wis/Cha during a social scene?
>>
>>52296072
I mean the way I phrased the question not the session itself you utter fucknut.
>>
>>52296088
Anon was getting triggered by the existence of people with pink hair and eyebrow piercings so other Anon chose to interpret his complaints about trannies as whining about Elves (who are generally considered gay and had/have a hermaphrodite god).
>>
>>52296088
Previously playing special snowflake races usually wasn't optimal, they fixed this and now you should really much always play Half-elf.
>>
>>52296131
What about the dude beliefs about the future of d&d
>>
>>52295967
>never claimed
>"and lets be perfectly honest here you did forget because you didn't mention why it was needed"
Wew lad

Also google and relevant wikis are easy to access, interested anons dont need spoonfed setting details when they can easily find them

Fuck Greenwood, he loves edgy things far too much, so he would never get rid of the wall (again)

Anyways the point is simply that Tiamat is, and always was, right to want to kill the gods for being a bunch of shitheads who wont even admit to being shitheads. The issue with her is that she also wants to consolidate power as one of the only remaining goss, making her ALSO a shithead. Alongside the really weird shit like wanting to fuck bahamut literally. What the fuck, why would they ever include that?
>>
>>52295826
>ear necklaces
What are you, a fucking orc?
>>
>>52296120
it's components are Verbal Somatic and Material. So not only are you saying it out loud and waving your hands, you're also expending the petrified eye of a newt to make it happen. It's a pretty noticeable spell, sorry anon. Though if you had a lenient DM he could say you could try and weave the words into a conversation, make the hand gestures behind your back, and burn the components in your pocket.
>>
>>52295010
>So how is everyone's campaigns going?
about to start out of the abyss, trying to avoid spoilers but i already have a general idea of how it goes, nothing specific.

still wondering what pc to run, i wanted to play a mystic but can't make a coherent character or backstory for it. now checking old concepts but nothing quite gets me. i really liked my last character but it wouldn't make any sense at all to repurpose him here, so i won't even try.
>>
>>52296172
Go to the outhouse and hex them
>>
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/762148424787513344

>They actually stick to the rules
>>
>>52296120
>Is that pretty much everything that isn't an attack roll or a saving throw?
Yeah.
>Does that include initiative if I chose Dex?
Yes.
>>
>>52296196
>tfw I removed the page that has weapon draw restrictions from the DM's PHB
>>
Why do people say that "Life Domain" theruges are the only ones that are really OP?
>>
>>52296220
>tfw I gave the Wizard unlimited spells per day
>>
>>52296195
gotta be able to see em dude. so if you had a line of sight on them from the toilets, and had another party members make noises of extreme gastro-intestinal distress from another stall to mask both the smell and sound of the spell, then yes, you could hex someone at a party. they don't notice the spell itself, because the spell itself taking effect only happens on the end of something else. A hex is traditionally forced bad luck, so yeah, with a lot of prep, you could do it.
>>
>>52296247
they're called cantrips, jeff, and they were always unlimited
we were just letting you think you were getting one up over us
>>
>>52296126
Don't be an ass, just because you weren't clear on how you did a "Don't Fear The Reaper" Session.
>>52296156
Yeah, I suppose people could google it, but why not just answer the question if you have the answer? All I'm saying.

No, Tiamat is Pure Chaotic Evil and worse than all of the gods, you're basically saying she would rather have all realmspace fucked by demons than to have the wall of faithless, thats not a good thing, and it doesn't make her have a point.

I'd still like an alternative to the Wall, you're so insistent there is one, and before you say 4e fixed it, no, it just didn't mention it, it was still there the whole fucking time,
>>
>>52296293
I didn't do a session I asked the dude doing the sessions if he did a session.
>>
>>52296187
You've been down there before but it shattered your mind, and something from the Far Realm put the pieces back together for reasons.
>>
>>52296314
Oh, no problem, I thought you were him, or he was you, sometimes this shit gets confusing.
>>
>>52296335
do i just wake up on the boat (?) with no memories at all?
>>
>>52296338
let's just settle on the fact that a party somewhere may or may not have feared the reaper.
>>
>>52296261
What you do is multiclass into artificer and imbue hex into a vial of water beforehand and get the victim to drink it.
>>
>>52296353
waking up on a boat with no memories is usually a sign of an epic night. maybe good, maybe bad, definitely epic. I'd take the opportunity to go fishing. Nothing like fresh mackerel on toast for breakfast.
>>
>>52296358
Cool with me.
>>
>>52296374
Spiking their drink so that they fuck up
>>
>>52296293
""""""Chaotic evil""""""
>Implying the writers aren't biased against based tiamat
>Implying demons would be much of a threat to her if Tiamat actually accumulated enough power to kill off every other god, which includes the likes of asmo-desu
>Implying Im capable of accurately providing an alternative to the wall when I have no relation to authoring FR works, meaning that any possible solution is only speculation no matter how viable it seems
>Implying you aren't a jewdragon of bahamut trying to convince me why we need to shackle goyim to the wall in the name of goodness
>>
>>52296172
>what spell did you just cast?
>prestidigitation, good luck passing your disadvantaged Insight!
>>
>>52296374
That's not how infusion works. Infusion lets a character cast the spell themselves, not be affected by it. Also you can't infuse non-artificer spells.
>>
>>52296374
that sounds pretty genius. It's like the opposite of snake oil. This won't solve all your social anxiety problems, this one will WORSEN them. And all the rest of your problems too.
>>
>>52296358
They wouldn't have been in this predicament to begin with if they hadn't paid the ferryman.
>>
>>52296353
Possible, or just some snippets that you and the DM can agree on. Vague fuzzy generalities, your name maybe where you're from?

Another angle is you had built a life but nightmares had been haunting you and some cleric/druid/fortune teller told you to go on this expedition to remember who you really are to stop the nightmares.
>>
>>52294921

Played, no. Rolled, yes. I was playing around with Wizard builds that dumped Int entirely.

It didn't under-perform as badly as it sounds like it would, but it didn't really work, either. EK's can comfortably build around a lack of Int thanks to having the full Fighter chassis to fall back on and enhance, but Wizards are left over-dependent on Attack Cantrips and Magic Missile, which aren't really meant to carry that much weight.

Enlightening experiment, gave me a new appreciation for EK's and how underappreciated they are when not forced to play a Gish build they're unsuited to, but ultimately not a workable build for a full-fledged campaign.
>>
I've wasted my entire day in this thread what is wrong with me
>>
>>52296392
They're not biased she is Evil, and always has been.
She never will, if she tries I'm fairly certain Ao would easily slap her shit,
You keep claiming there's an alternative, so provide one! You don't need to be an author for WOTC to come up with a viable alternative to the Wall!
You wouldn't be put in the wall you'd be cursed to eternal torture in Tiamat's Realm because you aren't a Dragon!
>>
>>52295498

No, but there may be a mismatch between your DMing style and the type of game they're looking for. Some groups like puzzles, traps, and illusions and some don't.

Give how well you set that up (and you did set that up really, really well) I think you're a fine puzzles-traps-illusions DM. And given how badly your players handled it I think they're probably not used to that style of play at all.

My suggestion is have a sit-down and talk about what everyone wants out of the game and work from there. 5e accommodates a lot of different play styles, find the one that works for your party and enjoy it.
>>
>>52296479
Nothing at all, don't forget you're here forever.
>>
>>52296488
>Implying Ao gives a shit about anything anymore
>Implying Ao isn't looking down the barrel of his Overgun every day when he gets home from work, having just spend 12 hours essentially sucking the massive over-overgod dick of his boss, who he ACTUALLY has to call "master" unironically
>Implying Ao doesn't drown out the pain with overweed and overalcohol every night, passing out and hoping he doesnt wake up the next day but it happens every time anyways
>>
File: IMG_0749.png (456KB, 895x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0749.png
456KB, 895x521px
>dungeon crawling
>drow rogue wants to go first
>gets hit by nearly every trap
>keeps going down
>keeps getting back up
>mfw
>>
>>52296479
happens to the best of us, every once in a while...
>>
>>52296554
Okay, you're just an idiot, thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>52296606
>Actually getting mad at jokebait
Daily reminder to take your meds, anon

Ao really does have a boss he has to call master, though
>>
>>52296606
he's looking at subjective morality dude. it's not idiotic at all.
>>
>>52296639
I mean, from an outside perspective some of tiamat's goals aren't necessarily evil
But im fully aware that in-universe she is Evil, since thats objective good and evil are things in that setting
>>
>>52295211
Jesus Christ your players are awful. You really should make some actually good people go hunt them.
>>
>>52296684
Truth be told, from what I'm told the other group in my location are just as bad, if not worse in their own ways.

At least my group doesn't have a gay furry SJW.
>>
>>52296635
Yeah any of us that DM, Ao's our bitch, I'm not mad at all, I'm just done.
>>52296639
That doesn't apply in FR, so it is idiotic, I object to calling Tiamat some kind of goodly god, when she'd keep the fucking wall just for shits and giggles, and then when she got bored or lazy, as evil dragons often do, she'd let all of the Demons out of the abyss and get her own ass murdered by whatever is at the bottom, if there is a bottom, and the Abyssal things don't endlessly get more powerful, that is.
>>52296672
That's true.
>>
>>52296709
What are you talking about gay furry sjws are are the target demographic for D&D
>>
>>52296709
They're SJFs, dumbass
>>
>>52296723
And I'm in a group without one, therefore I'm sticking to them. That and my group isn't that bad as long as I throw a waifu that I plan on killing later on at them.

>>52296725
My mistake.
>>
>Cunning dungeon planner
>10 doors
>A sign points towards the leftmost door telling you it is safe in various languages and with suitable pictures to illustrate this is the way to go
>There is an inscription on the wall written in a language known by nobody
>A mage uses some magical ability to understand the language
>The text reads, 'The door three from the right is safe.'
>Literally every door but the door three from the right is safe, the whole thing is a trap supposed to flush magic users out
>>
>>52296672
>>52296715
alright, yes, in game, it's obvious subjective morality has to exist. But discussing it outside the game, you don't have to subscribe to it. There can be as many "but what if"s as you like, because they're hypothetical.
>>
>>52296750
>yes, in game, it's obvious subjective morality has to exist
Not him, but that's only true to the extent that any one person or group of people can create their own moralities. They are all objectively wrong because in the setting we're talking about where Tiamat is a thing, objective morality is objectively real and correct. Anyone operating under subjective morality in Forgotten Realms is either being an idiot on purpose or just doesn't know any better.
>>
>>52296748
evil bastard. but the way you're laying it out it'll kill the whole party, because the mage is gonna say "hey this single sign says it's not this one, it's that one" and everyone's gonna agree and die. try and play on their fear, or their greed. maybe "the door three from the right is safe, but only the magically gifted can pass" this strokes the casters ego and plays on their paranoia at once
>>
>>52296777
I got the words mixed up, meant to say objective.
>>
>>52296748
Good keep killing those knife eared bastards
>>
>>52296750
Yeah, and I was discussing that and asked for only one thing an alternative to the wall, The anon I was discussing it with mentioned that it should be and thus could be replaced but he was not or could not give me an alternative.
>>
>>52296791
Yeah, I'm not actually planning on using it unless there's some foreshadowing with bogus text beforehand that this dungeon is filled with illegible text that only appears to read anything to anyone when viewed by magic.

Maybe in an illusionist's cave or tower or hideout where players would learn not to trust anything.

I guess one idea is having a 'magic text reader helper' called clippy hide behind some bogus text and if he sees that a group can't read it, they say that they can grant scrolls of comprehend languages to anyone who needs it.

>Only mages can use the scrolls
>>
>>52295498
So after several encounters heavily involving illusions, they just accept everything is real?

I also question how they didn't notice the water was rocks. Did the mage create the illusion? If so, why didn't the spell break when he died?
>>
>>52296823
well then why not just have a swinging buzzsaw trap that is enchanted to turn ethereal if it passes through a target that is not an elf. have it in some place like "Duardin Thunderhammer's fortress of Ethnic Cleansing"
>>
>>52296853
Pits open up but only if it's an elf standing above it
>>
>>52295518
Oh, so this is why so many people are complete shit at both role playing and roll playing, and I am so much better. Because I actually read the fucking rules before playing, and think about the game while away from the table.
>>
>>52293149
Noob DM here, how am I supposed to counter a high level monk? His AC is pretty much through the roof (26) since our last DM basically just kept throwing rare or very rare items at us and the monk ended up with both bracers of armor and the +3 defender shortsword. Combined with his mobility and saving throws, he just runs around and stunlocks everything and shits all over my spellcasters. The only way I have been able to do any damage to him the entire campaign is by auto-damage auras, finger of death, or by cheesing attack rolls.
>>
>>52296899
Anti magic field of course
>>
>>52296853
>"Duardin Thunderhammer's fortress of Ethnic Cleansing"

ayyy
>>
>>52296878
better yet, pits that open up when anyone stands on them, but the tunnel they slide down is based on their race, like the inside of a coin reading machine. If you're an elf, you go to the shredder, then the pounder, then the incinerator, just in case you lived. If you're anyone else you slide down to Duardin Thunderhammer's indoor engineering miracle waterpark and holiday resort.
>>
>More and more paths and classes that can have like 22 AC before 3rd level
>"Well, I guess now being a rogue with Xbow Xpert and shield would be allowed"
>NOOO REEEEEEEEEEE
3.PF has returned
New stuff is released and the powercreep keeps happening without fixing previous options
>>
File: dwarf on holiday.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf on holiday.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
>>52296931
>>52296932
Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic Cleansing: A pretty great place to be. Unless you're an elf.
>>
File: Algrin Ashfall.png (1MB, 1200x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Algrin Ashfall.png
1MB, 1200x1646px
Hey guys, designing my own campaign based on all the notes I've got from one I just finished running, but am finding the opening (caravan attacked by bandits) a little bland compared to others that I'm reading about.

What do y'all think makes a good campaign or setting book anyway?
>>
>>52296954
Make 7' tall spinning blades so only elves (and goliathes I guess) are effected
>>
>>52296941
Well mystic can have that much AC I don't think anyone else can
>>
>>52296941
Good thing UA isn't allow even in their own organize play.
>>
>>52295935
Has a bard set settlements aflame with music yet? Have people been taken during the night by fire of unknown origin? Have they met a woman in white that tries to convince them that the day is okay and the sun can be fun but they should love to see those rays slip away?
>>
>>52296830
I cannot provide an alternative, for I am not an official writer.
In a setting teeming with gods, magic, and other esoteric and mysterious forces, you can probably imagine half a dozen different potential solutions to the problem off the top of your head. Be it planar alteration to create huge masses of hallowed ground that burn and repel demons, or some gods pooling their efforts together to make a divine barrier or some shit like that, to the noble self-sacrifice of a single god to be a replacement wall themselves where others need not suffer

Seriously bro, anyone can think up this shit in such a setting. Its the same setting where there's a random monster that comes back from ANYTHING unless you alter reality to keep it dead.
>>
>>52296899
Don't take over someone elses campaign start your own
>>
>>52296899
Ancient crystal magic crypt that disables magic items but they have to roll to notice. Maybe some stuff immune to common/weapon damage (magical or otherwise), difficult terrain or maze-like corridors where he can't get in range of shit. AND obviously, if someone's AC is a problem, just target their worst saving throw.

That and big shit with legendary resistance in general.
>>
File: 1485508072540.png (38KB, 202x169px) Image search: [Google]
1485508072540.png
38KB, 202x169px
>>52296941
>I'm level 3 with 11 AC
>I can't even use a shield if I pick up a feat because I need a hand free for somatic spells
Making Dex my dump stat was a mistake
>>
>>52296988
mage armor fagit
>>
>>52296964
Fighter and paladin can have 21 easily, without even taking into account stats
Bladesinger is also around 21-22

My rogue has 16-17 with shield, but that's broken because he can deal 3d6+3, that's too OP I guess
>>
>>52296941
>hey DM can I choose from this new UA?
>No, that's all unbalanced and hasn't been playtested enough for me to allow it
>oh, Ok. Cool, I'll just go lore bard or whatever.
>>
What's a good word call nertual alignment when differentiating ethically nertual chracters from morally alignment.

Like I don't know indifferent and impartial?
>>
File: tibetan mastiff.jpg (101KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
tibetan mastiff.jpg
101KB, 680x451px
>>52296963
Magically enhanced, specially bredtibetan sniffer dogs that have been raised on elf meat patrol the halls. They are friendly to most, but will savage any Elf.
>>
>>52297000
Can't, I wear leather armor. Warlock/Bard multiclass
>>
>>52297003
Except my DM uses UA and you see bullshit like that in my table...but shield&hand crossbow? fuck no, that's broken plus devs say no
>>
>>52297020
Sounds like a shit DM
>>
>>52297013
I'm a dwarf Druid and could awaken the dogs
>>
>>52296970
You can, I wasn't asking what Ed would give to replace it, or for an official answer this ain't Candlekeep or Official D&D forums, I was asking what alternative there is, as you claimed that it could be replaced. So what could or would you replace it with?
>>
>>52297037
see? everyone has a role to play at Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic Cleansing. Bring the kids and family along! Unless you're an Elf.
>>
>>52297049
This needs to be its own thread
>>
>>52296962
>Caravan attacked by Dracolich
>Turns out caravan was trying to secretly transport something
>Rope the players in now or down the road
>>
>>52296967
>Bladesinger, Paladin, Fighter
>Not allowed
Kay
>>
>>52296988
One of my players killed another on accident by throwing a boulder because of that. The party wizard stood between a young remorhaz and the party barbarian, and the barbarian threw a rock at the monster. He only rolled a 9, which missed the monster, but was enough to hit the wizard, killing him instantly.
>>
>>52293923

Even the original BM ranger isn't that unbalanced so much as it is very specific in how it wants to be played. Net, hand crossbow, Variant Human taking the Crossbow Expert feat at 1 and Sharpshooter at 4, Wolf companion, and a melee-heavy team composition with at least one melee rogue are all pretty much mandatory to an un-5e degree.

I have a PHB BM Ranger and she's set up in that specific way, and she's having a blast making sure that pretty much everybody is attacking at advantage all the time, but it's all one great big impossible Jenga tower: pull one piece and the whole thing crashes.
>>
>>52297076
Dunno which rules are those but they're sure as hell not in the PHB
>>
>>52296988
Honestly I am surprised you survived
>>52297015
Have you tried medium armour? I'd suggest Valor Bard
>>52297001
>Fighter/Paladin 21 at level 3
Yes if they get platemail at level 1-3
>Bladesinger 21-22 at level 3
Nope. Consider, Mage Armour Bladesinger with 16 Dex has 16 AC. If they activate their Bladesong they get +3 (Int mod) to their AC for 1 minute

So twice per long rest for 1 minute the Bladesinger can get 19 AC.
>>
>>52297049
What's the stance on half elves?
>>
>>52296488
>>52296293

Just like they crammed Greyhawk Elemental Evil into FR while wholly ignoring Ghaunadaur who is blatantly the FR Tharizdun they ignored that FR Tiamat at least has a pretense of her dogma as other deities being inherently unjust -- which is true, they are tyrants that torture you if you don't worship them, and they are flavors of the month that come and go. Just imagine a world in which random ass celebrities suddenly become deities and you must worship them or be tortured for all eternity -- that's Forgotten Realms.

I wouldn't say FR lore is super deep, but the total absence of dracoliches in the Cult (seriously, not even ONE?) or reference to Tiamat's dogma is an indication that they didn't give a shit.

That being said, its probably better to release CE-Tiamat than let the Realms carry on. At least the worst Tiamat would do to you is eat you, whereas, say, Kelemvor is dedicated to torturing everyone who doesn't worship Miley Cyrus and having his followers hunt down undead so that there can be no escape from The Wall. Hopefully, sooner or later enough Kelemvor followers are destroyed that Kelemvor will unravel, and then either a good death god will show up or the whole thing will implode, and the souls can fuck off to somewhere nicer, like Athas. I'm aware they can't actually migrate to Athas
>>
>>52296982

Seconded. Last DM shat the bed, time to clean it up by going back to basics and following the actual guidelines this time.
>>
>>52297099
Correct, they're in the DMG. Hitting cover.
>>
>>52297106
They are tolerated as slaves and whipping boys only. Any that dare disrespect the guests are quietly taken out back, shot and used for dog chow. They must never stop smiling.
>>
>>52297049
Wouldnt you want the elf to bring his kid and family along?
>>
>>52296918
>>52296985
Thanks guys, I was thinking anti-magic for some of it but wanted to get some confirmation on it. For maze-like corridors, would you recommend more traps? Or massed missile fire from murderholes to get around the deflect missiles?
>>52296982
I am starting my own, we do a rotating DM every few levels, and it's my campaign right now for levels 13-15.
>>
>>52297049
>see? everyone has a role to play at Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic Cleansing. Bring the kids and family along! Especially if you're an Elf.

Ftfy
>>
>>52295826
Who the fuck would let any part of an elf touch their skin?
>>
>>52297020

Your DM is a moron. Find a new one.
>>
>>52297124
>>52297149
Well. True, I suppose module would be more accurate than campaign. Maybe some sort of plot device to have us lose most of our extra shit.
>>
>>52296777
>They are all objectively wrong because in the setting we're talking about where Tiamat is a thing, objective morality is objectively real and correct.

Can anyone explain why people are sucking the dick of 3e's morality system? I don't get it.
Ignoring the fact that objective morality is just a 3e thing that was never commented on in FR at all, the list of people who can detect "objective good and evil" in 5e are:

1. Pixies
>>
What is the best d20 game?
>>
>>52297138
So basically Disney land employees, can they point with one finger or not?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-200318.jpg (893KB, 1396x883px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-200318.jpg
893KB, 1396x883px
>>52297099
>>
>>52297142
No, you see, at Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic Cleansing, we use the finest in reverse psychology. Any Dwarf worth his salt knows that if you tell a sneaky knife ear not to do something they'll go and do it anyway.
>>
>>52296941
You know what I miss about 3.PF more than any of the broken as fuck archetypes? their competitive play, it was incredibly well organized, their players and DM's actually know what the fuck there doing, 5e's adventurers League is terrible by comparison.
>>
>>52297040
I just gave some, anon
Though my personal favorite and possibly simplest is the Hallow one
>>
>>52297188
>>52297135
Well, at least I was right, not in the PHB
>>
>>52297155
It goes over my beard so it doesn't touch my skin of course
>>
File: 1482544914809.jpg (124KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1482544914809.jpg
124KB, 728x546px
>>52296120
>giving a speech at a small dinner
>autismo Warlock stands up out of his seat, and starts screeching austically, and waving his hands around like a spaz
>suddenly have my eloquency reduced by about half
>thinking my only moderately reduced Charisma would save you from everyone in the world realizing you cast a spell
>>
>>52297187
Depends if the guests take it as a threat or not. Or hell, even if they just feel like it, they can tell one of Duardin Thunderhammer's Peacekeepers, and they'll quietly deal with the offending halfbreed.
>>
>>52297005
i'm not sure such thing is even a thing, the game refers to stuff like animals and forces of nature as unaligned, but that's not really what you mean.

i don't even think ethically neutral is different from morally neutral at all.
>>
>>52297204
The most admirable form of correctness
>>
>>52297156
>>52297033
Not him, but I never ever had a GM who allowed S&HC in 5e
>>
>>52297015
On that note. Is there any real reason for an early level caster to not just invest in a level of fighting for the extra HP and the ability to cast in armour?

Just pretty good trade off.
>>
File: Wall.png (600KB, 496x703px) Image search: [Google]
Wall.png
600KB, 496x703px
>>52295835
The wall itself doesn't deal with the demons, it just stops them from nicking the souls of the faithless en masse, instead having to do raids, opposed by the devils who've got a nice gig protecting the wall in exchange for offering contracts to the poor suckers trapped inside it.

Note that this torturous destruction only applies to the faithless, the false become servants or slaves, tortured by those aforementioned devils.

As for what happens without the wall Ask 4th edition Forgotten Realms. It seems to be doing okay without it.
>>
>>52297149
also remember, you don't want to kill the rest of your party, just the monk. or maybe you do, i'd rather you kill the entire party than just the monk or they will catch you are on to him, which you are but whatever.
>>
>>52297068

Well, that's a way forward, it's true. Some kind of big-impact start seems the most sensible way to do things.
>>
>>52297223
while interchangeable in some definitions I prefer:

morality: the values that a society needs or thinks it needs to maintain cohesion
ethics: the values that a profession/trade/club/etc needs or think it needs to maintain cohesion
>>
>>52297241
Yes, 1 level of ftr or cleric, as appropriate, is crazy-go-nuts overpowered.

IF the DM allows, do it, no question asked.
>>
I'm designing an ancient temple buried in the desert for Thursday's game. If you have any ideas or tips throw them at me.
And yes, it will have mummies.
>>
>>52297189
What if an eleven faggot makes it through. Wat do?
>>
>>52294957
Go to the mega link above. It has everything you could need want or desire. Even some adventures if you don't feel up to snuff for a whole campaing.
>>
>>52297223
It was just to save time clarify when people mention neutral which alignment track they are referring to.

Do they neutral as in neither good or evil, or neutral as in neither lawful not chaotic.

That said, really making sure to say ethically neutral and morally neutral gets the point across well enough
>>
>>52297116
Only the Faithless and False go to the wall, as those who betray their faith and those who deny the gods completely, why they did so is immaterial, they exist, and whether they were mortals originally or not doesn't fucking matter in the slightest.
Kelemvor is Lawful Neutral, I think, perfect for a god of death and the dead, he actually takes care of and protects the dead until their patron deities can come and get them, unlike Myrkul or even Jergal who created it and added more to it than any other, he was a real asshole, and didn't care about the dead at all.
>>52297248
I did ask 4e, they didn't mention it at all, but it was still there, as it still existed once 5e happened.
>>52297195
Yeah, I just noticed that, sacrifice or pooling power to plug the hole are the only ones you put forth that would work forever. In fact that sounds like a good use for the Bhaalspawn.
>>
>>52297314
every dessert need thri-kreen and if you want to be extra fun, purple worms. for mine i had giant scorpions and some snake people as well.
>>
>>52297314
Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic clensing. Make it a reality
>>
>>52297343
Don't forget about SKT's purple wormlings
>>
>>52297116
Did they ever explain why she's chaotic as a monster, but not as a god? She's listed as a Lawful Evil goddess in the PHB and DMG, for example (as is her other half, Takhisis)
>>
>>52297059
It is now it's own thread. Come on down to Duardin Thunderhammer's Fortress of Ethnic Cleansing today!
>>52297349
>>
>>52297343
Worms sound good. Scorpions too.
>>52297348
Our group has zero elves.
>>
>>52297237

Me either, and I don't. But I also don't allow UA at the table because I know that it's overtuned and designed to be single-class only for testing purposes.

If you're holding it to core books only because they're well-tested and you have a good sense where the rocks are, good. If you're running a fast-and-loose game with all the UA turned on and house rules flying every which way to compensate, good. Not to my taste, but a perfectly valid way to play.

If some classes have to play core rules only and others can have whatever overtuned monstrosity comes out every Monday, fuck you.
>>
>>52297320
There are many countermeasures in effect throughout the compound. Such as ethereal buzzsaws that are enchanted to remanifest in reality upon contact with an elf, then designed to handily tuck away inside a wall after they've killed until they can be re-enchanted.
>>
>>52297015
You could always take your leather armour off and use mage armour.
>>
>>52297331
>>52297282
the thing is that on my mind, both moral and ethics only exist in the lawful/chaotic dimension. you can be evil and moral or even ethical, but i'm not sure you can be good and immoral/unethical.

lawful will almost always and entirely be moral and ethical but chaotic doesn't have to be immoral or unethical.

it's not something that fits into the two dimensional alignment system while making sense.
>>
>>52297363
haven't gotten around getting it, but that does indeed sound fun.
>>
>>52297305
Okay yeah I thoughts so, I just seems odd none of my players have ever done when it seems like such an obvious cheese tactic and they're not above that sort of thing.

Better not tell them...
>>
>>52297390
Nah, I just allow whatever is official, aka printed by devs, shield and crossbow isn't allowed? then fuck you and play another concept.
>>
>>52297241

It evens out to okay. 2 extra HP isn't that great in the scheme of things and armor proficiency doesn't exactly suck. For the average caster build, though, it's not so good. You probably won't want to pump Str enough to go heavy and light/medium aren't much better than the other caster defensive options. Meanwhile you're paying for it by being one level behind on your progression forever.

Life or War Cleric is slightly better because while you're holding back on your specific progression you're still picking up a caster level (with some tasty low-level Cleric spells to boot.) That's not to say that you should never play a Fighter 1/Caster X, but you need ot plan for that build specifically and not just do a standard caster build in a can.
>>
>>52297339
It may have disappeared and come back again. What was known was that souls were vanishing, with not even the gods knowing where they went.

It was a pretty weird time.

The Wall has a pretty weird history though. Gets brought in in novels, and removed in them, gets brought back in 3e.

But really, it's the torturous aspect which strikes me as wrong. If you don't want the atheists littering the afterlife, then just obliterate them nicely and cleanly. No souls for fiends to grab from either direction.
>>
>>52297149
>I am starting my own, we do a rotating DM every few levels, and it's my campaign right now for levels 13-15.

Run. You have been shafted. There is better gaming out there, flee towards it.
>>
File: withered hillary.jpg (63KB, 424x430px) Image search: [Google]
withered hillary.jpg
63KB, 424x430px
>have this evil merchant that lured people out into the wilderness and killed them for their gold, loot, etc
>explain to our party that we were not the first people this happened to and if we let this guy go he will continue doing this to other people
>entire party goes silent
>"yeah dont kill him tho"
>"but there's no one for us to turn him into. this whole countryside is a lawless hellhole"
>party goes silent
>"yeah dont kill him tho"
>kill him
>party gets mad at me
>>
>>52297339

>and whether they were mortals or not originally doesn't fucking matter in the slightest

Sure it does. Your options are:
1. Worship some egocentric fellow mortal whose sole claim to fame is that the Monty Haul DM lavished them with unearned power (see: Lucky Bane and friends most especially)

2. Be tortured forever, even if you hide as a lich in a basement somewhere, Lucky Kelemvor will still send his dudes to kill you for real reals, because unless you worship some deity who is most likely the lucky adventurer of the week, all must be tortured.

3. Yeah, there are some other gods that were born that way or are otherwise beings with more gravitas than "exactly like you, except was handed free power." Although chances are, if its something like magic or death that is of interest to most PCs, it will have been taken over by another, luckier adventurer by now, so generally all that's left is something not relevant to most PCs like farming.

Freeing Tiamat is a nice, poetic "fuck you" to a world ruled by omnipotent sadists who often don't even have a pretense of being better than the PCs except about being handed free power fallen from the skies, so I approve.

At least Kelemvor's hitmen won't have as much time to hunt down every lich hiding in a demiplane somewhere with 101 dargons scouring the lands.
>>
File: e0zshyruushay5aezpf0.gif (7MB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
e0zshyruushay5aezpf0.gif
7MB, 800x449px
In my campaign I'm planning, I'm gonna make evil bionoid psionics and gonna play use them as basically evil kamen riders. Is this a bad idea?

Gif related.
>>
>>52297410
Yean I wasn't trying to 'fix' DND's alignment system (I gave up anyone doing that along long time ago), I just trying to avoid ambiguity wording.

just help make it clear when which of the alignments type they mean they say neutral .
>>
>>52297567
I'm reminded of Mask of the Betrayer, where the worst ending, where you become a monster who feasts on souls dangerous enough to terrify gods...

Seemed the most fitting. Given the big moral is that you can't take down the wall because the gods say so, and the whole soul eater thing was created by Myrkul as well as the wall... It's really not that different.

In essence you become a little version of the wall, going around and devouring souls. It's just you're not biased.

Myrkul. Only good character in that game.
>>
>>52297566
With it being a lawless hellhole, how hard would it have been to sell him as a slave? Then again, would your party have even let you do that.
>>
>>52297634
So the wall was started as a stand-in that grows in power the more atheists die, and once it surpassed a certain point, the gods were literally not powerful enough to take it down again?
>>
>>52297566
Should have just maimed him.

Remove his hands, feet, and tongue. Let him crawl back to town.
>>
>>52296988
I'm pretty sure you can make your shield a focus.
>>
>>52297368
No direct explanation, but I think of it as this:

1. Abyssal planar beings already have gnolls, undead, and a shitload of other things under their purview, and having Evil Dragons be filed under that might make the game too Abyss-centric (not that Lawful Good vs Chaotic Evil, or at least Lawful vs Chaotic, is not a good central conflict).

2. White and black dragons didn't get divine spells and were CE, so they fit. Greens (who didn't get divine spells, iirc) and blues are LE, but the bestest dragons being CE reds (who got cleric spells) seems odd, perhaps she's Tsundere for them. Green and blue dragons have perhaps the best characterization for a longer lived antagonist as well, imo.

Takhisis even strikes me as Chaotic in the sense of breaking what few rules apply to her.

I honestly think Takhisis and many dargons would have been NE if the 9 axis was ready by the time of MM1. Perhaps an NE Tiamat, NE greens and possibly still LE blues.
>>
>>52297305
>>52297513
Got to admit LvFighter isn't much of a payoff at a later levels, but taking a level in cleric seems like an insanely good deal for everybody.
>>
>>52297410
Of course good/evil pertains to morals, that isn't to say there isn't evil morality.
>>
>>52297695

Clerics and Paladins can, but no one else. It's a thing.
>>
>>52297677
Nah, because one god removed it on its own.

The fear was that people, no longer terrified of being stuck in a wall with their soul slowly dissolving in agony, might do good for its own sake and trust that Kelemvor wouldn't stick them in a wall with their soul slowly dissolving in agony.

This worried the other deities, so they complained to the GM, I mean Ao, who made Kelemvor rebuild the wall, and stick these guys into the wall so that their souls could be dissolved in agony.
>>
>>52297516
The wall isn't torture, it's just a barrier I'm aware of it's history, my thing is why does everybody have a problem with it, in fact nobody is really certain who or what created the wall to start with, I'm not sure Jergal did, that's just commonly assumed, it could be that without a God of the Dead all souls go to the wall, not to their deities plane. I think discussing the morality of beings who have eschewed their mortality is kind of bullshit anyway, but fun.
>>52297567
Kelemvor, earned his power, by killing Cyric, as a dead man, who was a god at the time, and worse than Myrkul and Bane and Bhaal combined.
Liches souls do not go to the afterlife unless their phylactery is destroyed, period.

No mortal who ascended was handed power save for Bane Bhaal and Myrkul, all the rest earned it, by killing gods.

Also, you can't ascend just by being worshipped, you have to seize that power from someone or something
>>52297634
Myrkul was an asshole
>>52297677
Nobody actually knows the origins of the wall most assume Jergal made it, and he never says otherwise.
>>
File: homura.jpg (35KB, 609x450px) Image search: [Google]
homura.jpg
35KB, 609x450px
>>52297703
>at later levels

Would you rather be a Wiz20 or Ftr2/Wiz 18?

Ftr dips give you armor, let you protect your friends, and a second level lets you start a crucial fight with two turns. Not bad!
>>
File: 1480553795234.jpg (44KB, 497x285px) Image search: [Google]
1480553795234.jpg
44KB, 497x285px
>>52297566
>Mfw I'm that guy aswell

If a better option presents itself so be it, however if the options are kill him or let him go somebody is going to die.Only time it almost didn't happen is when we first started and the other characters threatened mine. They were stupid and left me alone on watch since we're paranoid even at an inn.
>>
>>52297703

No dispute here, Anyone who can afford the Wis requirement should go for it. Lord knows if you show up in heavy armor packing Healing Word you're welcome in any group I've been in.
>>
>>52297753
No the wall was still there after Kelemvor won the portfolio, to start he wasn't punishing noble heroes who didn't worship, so good people stopped fearing death, and the gods were pissed because it was like when the new Mystra (Midnight) tried to not give magic to Evil guys. Daddy, this is unfair they cried to Ao, who laid down the law.
>>
So the DM offered my rogue a draw from the Deck of Many Things and he ended up drawing void. Anybody have any ideas how I can get out? I was considering selling my soul to a demon.
>>
>>52297753
I like the wall. Torture or no. Shows that the gods are more than one dimensional good/evil/etc personae and closer to real world myth were they are all assholes.
>>
>>52297701
I find it a bit weird given her realm's generally been on the first layer of hell/baator (even the MM mentions she used to rule there)

I guess we'll need to see what happens with the Abishai, if they're still devils.
>>
>>52293149
So how do I make a shaman in 5e?
>>
>>52297836
Druid
>>
>>52297836
Make a druid or cleric and call it a shaman. Use flavour not mechanics bro.
>>
>>52297762

>The wall isn't torture,

Being in the wall is definitely torturous and was intended to be so. It wasn't a metaphysical necessity, it was just made to torture people. For fun.
>>
>>52293149
Tell me what character to play. Anything but wizard/sorcerer/warlock.
>>
>>52297823
How many one dimensional good deities exist at all? The only unalloyed goody goody gods seem to be, like, halfling gods of corn and niceness.
>>
>>52297899
Go fighter then use the samurai archetype and go around looking for and killing demons while looking for a way back to your homeland.
>>
>>52297869
Maybe so, but nobody knows where it first came from.
>>
>>52297780
>>52297795
I thought so as well but fighter and cleric only grant medium armour proficiency with multiclassing, so you might as get to those sweet cleric spells.

Also you could argue the individual clerical Domains still grant access to the heavy armour proficiency at level 1, but that seems like you're pushing it...
>>
>>52297916
Nah, be a greatsword Kensai in a gi instead.
>>
>>52297935
It's a torture device meant for those unwilling to bow down before some egoistical, power hungry assholes. Who cares where it came from, it must be destroyed.
>>
>>52297899
A good rogue entirely focused on being a scout for dungeoneering.

A halfling monk who just keeps punching people in the balls and kneecaps.

A halfling barbarian or fighter who is like a rabid Tasmanian devil in battle.

A little girl who tries to seduce people of power and then brainwash them into thinking she's their daughter or niece.

A ranger whose companion is smoky the bear, traveling far and wide to track down infernal demons and otherwise educate everyone about fire safety and forest fires.
>>
>>52297869
It wasn't ORIGINALLY a metaphysical necessity, you mean. Once it was removed and everyone realized they could get a decent enough afterlife without praying to any particular God or being pious, all the Gods got real shit and the souls started drying up, and everything went to hell until they reinstituted the wall.

Unfortunately, now that people know it exists and how the soul-recycling part of the cosmos works, it actually serves a purpose and has to stick around, because mortals aren't mature enough to handle life and death; without a big fucking stick waiting to smack them, they don't even feel the need to chase after the carrot.
>>
My wizard recently died, but was resurrected. Any suggestions for how to roleplay this?

I am thinking of him almost taking on a new personality. Not like some other spirit entered his body, but just he's a new person cause of this. I can't imagine dieing and coming back to life doesn't change someone.

>[Wizard] is dead, he's gone. I am [new name].
>>
>>52297990
No, it's there to plug a hole in the multiverse, nobody can see whats on the other side, maybe it's the abyss maybe the Far Realms, nobody knows, but the power of the souls in the wall makes it impossible to take it down and find out.
>>52298012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>52297958
Well those are class features so you should get them. If a GM has a problem with it granting heavy armour prof then he should just ban the multiclass entirely seeing as it is bull flavour wise to begin with anyway.
>>
>>52298042
No he was resurrcted it him, you could say he maybe remembers where he was destined to go, but a soul cannot be replaced in ressurection..
>>
>>52298012
Everything would have been fine if it were never made in the first place. There wasn't a Wall to begin with, but then someone (Jergal?) made it for some reason, probably because the Gods in general were bigger dicks before the Time of Troubles and Ao slapping their shit in. And now that it's there it's pretty much got to stay there. Can't put the genie back in the bottle, as Kelemvor learned.
>>
Just make a new fucking wall out of the gods themselves.
Let's see how they like it.
>>
>>52297916
>>52298010

Give me more ideas
>>
>>52298095
Put a finger up your bum.
>>
>>52298060
I think i should have been more clear. My wizard is still himself, but I am thinking that his death and resurrection is causing him to take on a new persona. Like...how a person becomes a super hero after a traumatic event.

A new soul didn't enter his body, but the death and resurrection could maybe cause him to act and think like a different person. Death is kind of a big thing to go through.
>>
>>52297762
To quote the book, Prince of Lies: "The souls of the Faithless cried out continually; that's why the wall had been built with the souls facing into the City of Strife, so that in their torment, the unquiet spirits could serenade the Lord of the Dead."

Sounds like it was either Myrkul or Cyric. Or Jergal's a lot more fucked up than people think.
>>
>>52298095
An artificer who wants to create an army of clockwork soldiers.

A wizard who wants to find/create the ultimate waifu.

A bard who travels from town to town, and help relationships between people.

A rogue who wants to hunt down a wizard who did something horrible.

A knight with a tower shield who wants to protect a little girl's smile.

A warlock who wants to unravel reality.

An elemental monk who wants to preserve his culture.

A ninja who wants to protect his wife.

A sun soul monk who wants to beat people and compete in tournaments of strength.

A masked fighter who fights for the weak and for justice.
>>
>>52297958

If you take the Fighter or Cleric dip at level 1 it doesn't matter. You don't lose the proficiency you only fail to gain new ones.
>>
>>52298043
Er, everyone knows what's on the other side. It's the city of the dead.
>>
One of my player's is offering to DM and is looking for modules that he could run, he asked if there are any that are good for murder mysteries. I'm a pretty new to D&D so I don't know if any. Any sugestions? The more free it is the better, we wouldn't be playing if D&D if it weren't for this board's Archive.
>>
>>52297903
If your not a sex craved pety bastard then you don't feel genuine as a God to me.

Also I get to sing "all in all, your just a another brick in the wall" to my dead players.
>>
>>52297836
How do you want your shaman to function?

What makes a shaman a shaman? (Especially important as shamans have varied over the editions)
>>
File: auraarmors.png (1MB, 1380x765px) Image search: [Google]
auraarmors.png
1MB, 1380x765px
>>52297571
Yes. I'm doing something similar.
Instead of Kamen Riders, it's psychic assholes who ride around in giant bug-golems grown using biometabolism mutation psionics.
>>
>>52298163
Jergal was originally a big asshole but he got bored of the whole thing eventually.
>>
>>52298158
There's no precedence, if a soul chooses to be resurrected, they remember nothing of the afterlife, they simply come back to life, knowing only that they died and were brought back, you could say the priest who brought you back fucked up the ritual thpugh and so you remember something that changes your outlook..
>>52298201
The wall stretches around the city of the dead but a part of it covers a hole in the multiverse and when you stand on that part of the wall you cannot see what is on the other side, not even Ao knows, most fear it's the depths of the Abyss, but it could be something worse.
>>52298247
But did he start building the wall or did he just add to it?
>>
>>52298234
>>52297571
Just once, I want to get a zwarth after forcing the entire party to lovingly cuddle a (pettable) bug.
>>
>>52298257
Haven't heard the "hole in the multiverse" thing, sounds interesting. Do you have a reference so I could read up on it?
>>
File: dunbine3.jpg (761KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine3.jpg
761KB, 1280x907px
>>52298271
my nigga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajiAvb_XfNM
>>
>>52298281
I'm not sure, I just rememeber reading it somewhere, maybe Candlekeep Forums could help.
>>
>>52298257
>they remember nothing of the afterlife, they simply come back to life, knowing only that they died and were brought back,
Is this written down anywhere? It sounds just as made up to me as remembering what happened while you were in the otherrealms while dead. That is to say, which one happens would be up to the DM.
>>
>>52298257
>There's no precedence, if a soul chooses to be resurrected, they remember nothing of the afterlife
It isn't about "remembering the afterlife" it's about the fact that the character died.
Don't you think getting killed would result in some kind of monumental change in personality?

I would think experiencing death and then coming back to life would result in an intense change in someone's personality. Regardless of what the afterlife was like.
>>
>>52298325
Go read Resurrection the spell, I believe that states something to that effect.
>>52298332
Depends on the person.
>>
>>52298165
>A ninja who wants to protect his wife.

Sorta playing this, it's actually fun although I did a Shadow monk/Rogue multiclass.
>>
File: dedisbeta.jpg (78KB, 351x428px) Image search: [Google]
dedisbeta.jpg
78KB, 351x428px
>>52298345
I did, it doesn't, thus why I asked.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 311x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 311x370px
>>52298045
>Well those are class features so you should get them. If a GM has a problem with it granting heavy armour prof then he should just ban the multiclass entirely seeing as it is bull flavour wise to begin with anyway.

You don't get automatically get all the proficiencies of a class when you muticlass.

In the case of fighter's you only get medium armour proficiency when you take it as class level in anything other than your starting one.

However certain clerical domains give you bonus proficiencies including heavy armour at lvl 1, It's not clear if you should get them or not by muticlassimg.

That's said but doesn't seem to be any major downside in allways taking cleric or fighter at the start then Mutliclass into your proper class choice either.
>>
>>52294066
>The only games where you can customize into retarded shit are ones with no huge playerbases that end up minmaxing.

So don't design the game that way?
>>
>>52298361
Hm, I wonder where I got that then, I could swear I read it in one of the Core books, particularly the DMG.
>>
>>52298257
Jergal is the God of the Dead and has no Wall that we know of
Jergal basically kills himself because he's bored and elevates Myrkul
Myrkul probably builds the Wall; we say probably because I'm not sure it's ever stated that he does, but it's never mentioned as being around when Jergal was, so
It's important to note that Myrkul is a jackass
Myrkul dies and is replaced by Cyric
Cyric keeps it because he's also a jackass
Kelemvor steps in and decides the Wall is dumb and tears it down
Kelemvor tells everyone that as long as they're not shit they can hang out with him
Everyone starts petitioning Gods because Bioware (Obsidian?) writers are terrible and of COURSE you'd just tell Chauntea to fuck off if you didn't need her to get into heaven, it's not like she does anything great for you while you're alive
The cosmos grinds to a halt as all the souls dry up and Kelemvor goes "oh shit you punks can't handle the responsibility of being adults with your souls, back comes the Wall"

Now, it's theoretically possible that everything could work fine without a Wall (as it did before), but that would require someone to get rid of it without telling all the mortal races they can be petty dicknozzles again
Or, you know, maybe the God of the Dead could just start auctioning souls off to Gods from the Wall instead of keeping them there forever in torment; really, the problem starts when souls don't get back into the cycle, and the Wall technically removes them from that but is a big scary deterrent to people willingly removing themselves. You wouldn't really need the Wall if you just forced every soul to go to a God whether they want to or not.

Then there's that whole thing the Dwarves are doing where they're cutting souls in half and duplicating them.
>>
>>52298430
>>52298430
>>52298430
New thread
>>
What is the most fun map shape for a hexploration game?
>>
>>52298408
>Everyone starts petitioning Gods
stops*, obviously
>>
>>52297958
>>52298045
>>52298378
Start as fighter/cleric

If you start as fighter, you get con saves for better concentration.
You also start with 10 HP instead of 6, which gets you a net gain of +2 HP.
For cleirc, you can get heavy armour even after level 1 with multiclass but again you should start cleric for +1 HP.
>>
>>52298408
>>52298445
So it's there and nobody knows why or how?
Nowhere do i remember that it's stated he tore it down, just that he stopped punishing people who were goodly, so people who were goodly stopped worshipping the gods and that's what pissed off the pantheon.
>>
>>52298443
A tesseract.
>>
>>52298544
>four dimensional overworld map
The players might have some problems with that.
>>
>>52298532
You're right, he doesn't literally tear it down, he just circumvents the whole thing. Just playing fast and loose with the descriptions here.
>>
>>52298565
He still punished assholes though, lol, But so it could have been there when Myrkul came in or Myrkul built it, but nobody is quite sure one way or the other. Also, most people do not know about the wall, it's kind of secret and not really well known throughout the realms. I still remember somewhere it being stated that the wall protects from a hole in the multiverse or something similar though.
>>
>>52297208
that's even worse
>>
>>52298234
Is that Dunbine?
>>
>>52298762
Yes. >>52298295
>>
>>52295769
our gay tiefling turned our half-orc barbarian gay with her devil charms
>>
>>52295935
>my warlock is a flaming telepath who harvests eyes and quotes BOC all the time

my man
>>
>>52298779
Well shit. Need to watch that thing properly.
>>
>>52295935
My favorite goddamn song of the band.
>>
File: 1403905729790.jpg (49KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
1403905729790.jpg
49KB, 300x345px
So my Necromancer Wizard just became level 6. Given enough downtime, I can raise and control 12 zombies and/or skeletons at a time.

Have I won the game?
>>
>>52298932
yeah

if one of your party goes death domain cleric or oathbreaker its all over
>>
>>52295769

This is question is so funny to me as there's not a single straight person in any of the three campaigns I'm in.
>>
>>52298165
>An artificer who wants to create an army of clockwork soldiers.

This is actually one of my villains.
>>
>>52295769
I never told my party I was gay since our GM was a total prude and never brought in sexual/romance situations
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.