[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ confessional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 45

File: Screenshot_20170319-174636.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170319-174636.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Come now anon, say what's on your mind. Don't worry, this is a SAFE SPACE.
I'll start.
I get retarded levels of triggered that where I game, I am the only one with a fully painted and based army. It's not that fucking hard to do. Budget your time! All their shit painted/ unpainted crap ruins it for me
>>
I like painting. I hate the results, so I "scrape it off" and end with a bunch of unpainted minis anyway.
>>
>>52262681
I don't do campaigns. I just roleplay because I don't go on Roll20 to much.I sometimes make disguise threads about my characters to get ideas.
>>
I don't even play anything I just like reading your stories
>>
>>52262681
I'm building a rogue-like mud because I enjoy world building more than actually running a game.
>>
I make more multi-setting bbegs than I do one setting bbegs because I'm slightly autistic. Remember that telekentic weirdo you fought in the JoJo campaign? He was half furon. That's my campaigns in a nutshell.
>>
>>52262681
I'm a complete glory hog even though I try to give others a chance because I don't want to wait 10 fucking minutes for someone to say they push a button

I tend to get down on myself when I end up useless in combat and can't have fun with the session anymore even when others have it worse

I don't improve as a GM because I'm afraid of changing and making my OK sessions even worse.
>>
>>52262681
I find myself wanting to cancel campaigns in the middle of a session because I am bored with my players.
>>
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you.
>>
I hate planning and it's the death of any interest in a campaign for me because every time it devolves into 15 hours over the course of 3 weeks of 'OKAY- BUT WAIT, GUYS WHAT IF THIS CONTINGENCY HAPPENS.' and me just alt-tabbing to find something more interesting while everyone wants to think they're fucking Creed or something. No matter how many times I take group leader to just tell people we'll deal with things as they come, I always get out-numbered by other player's paranoia. It's also really stifled my range of characters because I always play direct action idiots just so I can force some progress in the fucking story. No one can make any quick or dirty plans or shoot from the hip and I just wish I could find a GM who would give a hard time limit for wanking about imaginary unforeseen situations.
>>
I don't even play tabletop games. I would love to but iv'e got a crippling fear of the outside.

I also don't know how to do spoiler tags
>>
File: o0BdMQp_Imgur.jpg (67KB, 680x532px) Image search: [Google]
o0BdMQp_Imgur.jpg
67KB, 680x532px
>>52262681
I am the designated forever DM, and yet I have never actually ran a campaign because my players either flake out or want to change systems.
>>
>>52262681
I'm pretty sure my group hates my campaigns and shitty plot twists. I never feel liek my stories have ever left an impact. Characters, for sure, but the plots themselves just seem to be devices to move them from one colourful side character to the next.

Also, if that one guy could please play a different personality type,that'd be fucking nice.
>>
>>52263074
My name is Nick and I love you
>>
>>52263074
My name is Daniel and I'll be here with some hot cocoa for when you need to talk
>>
>>52263121
Hello friend. My name is Fred.
>>
>>52263108
[.spoiler] Text goes here [./spoiler]
Without the dots
>>
>>52263172
[spoller]llke thls?[/spoller]
>>
I game with two fierce anti-weebs. To amuse myself, I smuggle anime characters into every game I play. They're all lifted directly from anime, sometimes as a combination of a few characters, but I do it subtly so the h8ers don't notice. I avoid obvious shit like katanas, heterochromia, using Japanese names (though I will often translate the Japanese names into English more or less literally, e.g Nakamura Takeshi would become Tallman Middlewick), etc. My most recent was a SR Gunslinging Mage named Christopher Littlerose who I portrayed as a modern day Christian monk and exorcist. He had a bound spirit called Chronos. The anti-weebs never suspected a thing, and I had a good private laugh at their expense.
>>
>>52263197
Just do ctrl+s
>>
>>52263172
Thanks
>>
While it wasn't optimal for out-of-combat stuff, I actually enjoyed the way 4th edition D&D levelled the playing field between martials and magic-users
>>
>>52263108
Select your text, then Ctrl+S
>>
>>52262681
I'm building only fluffy and lore-related decks in MtG. I just can't talk myself into playing competitive. I have money for this, friends playing tournaments etc. but I prefer to build a shitty tribe decks for 10$
>>
>>52263091

The real problem here though is that you're in the wrong game. You are That Guy for the group. Find someone running a dungeon crawler, or even just find a wargame with a campaign system. Sounds like that'll give you the fix you're after much more than putting yourself through a game you don't like (and are actively trying to sabotage with a murderhobo character)
>>
>>52263204
[ctrl+s]like this?[/ctrl+s]
>>
>>52263003
Nice. What's the general idea, and name if it ever gets released?
>>
>>52263066
What could I do to improve as a player?
>>
>>52263074
I hate you too, faggot
>>
>>52263268
If you want a text game, type fast.

Think about your action before it's your turn.

Say anything at all during dialogue sequences.

Have a personal character goal in mind.

If you are having trouble RPing, go full cliche or just steal a character from something. It's easier than trying to force yourself to role play as a completely new, underdeveloped person.

Don't be so fucking scared of making mistakes that you vote against doing anything at all.
>>
>>52263110
I feel for you

I invest into miniature wargames way more than I should despite having no one around to play with, but at the same time I never try to get the game noticed since I end up having some excuse not to try
>>
File: wanpan wigggle.gif (263KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
wanpan wigggle.gif
263KB, 480x479px
>>52263118
Maybe try and do character focused stories then.
>>
>>52263074
But everyone is John.
>>
>>52263319
I try, but then I feel like the campaign isn't progressing and/or I'm jsut jerkign myself off in front of them. It's hard to balance character focus with the actual "Adventuring" part sometimes.
>>
>>52263118
Just make that the focus then.
>>
>>52263202

You devious, brilliant, glorious bastard.
>>
I think steampunk, and just about every other -punk genre, is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>52263314
Thanks. I also tend to do something that I perhaps shouldn't, I try to notice if the DM is trying to make me do something or go somewhere, see behind his intention of saying something and do it to make it easier for him. Is that generally good or bad?
>>
>>52263416
I don't know your DM, so there's no telling if that is needed on their part and cannot comment one way or the other.
>>
>>52262681
80% of my rp characters (and i had a shit ton over the years) are my self inserts with twists because im not interested in rping characters that are really different from me.

the general idea behind my characters is a "fight kill die" attitude
>>
>>52262681
I've ghosted every Play-by-Post campaign I've ever joined after a few dozen posts. I'm so sorry.
>>
I'm done catering to one of my players because he's being an asshole and I want him and his bitchy girlfriend to drop from the group
Does that make me a bad guy?
>>
>>52263549
If their antics are ruining the game for everyone else, then no.
>>
>>52263108
Why not online?
>>
>>52263384

Isn't that a common sentiment? For steampunk anyway. Cyberpunk is alright, but becoming increasingly overplayed.

I don't really know what *punk means.
>>
File: 1475589923561.jpg (19KB, 214x206px) Image search: [Google]
1475589923561.jpg
19KB, 214x206px
Being DM forced by necessity within the group who loves playing and building the setting carefully into characters or the setting around implications of the characters I make, I thought the rest of the group who write characters and do other roleplays would love to help me build a setting, and one who wanted to co-DM would give a grand chance to get to play in something I'm invested in
Now I'm just drowning in suffering trying to build something coherent when I'm the only one studying how to worldbuild well and the other DM not caring to put time or effort into the "joint" world
>>
>>52263609
Same as punk music I think; an anti-establishment vibe or theme. In Cyberpunk, this is usually in the whole "fuck the corporations" mentality.
>>
>>52263658
What I tended to see in older steampunk works was the nobility of the poor and working class as they scraped a life from the junk the rich tossed out.

Otherwise the only punk that I find works is cyber.
>>
>>52263549
No anon.
your the hero we need
>>
>>52262681
Whenever I fade to black in any of the campaigns I'm playing or GMing in, I write smut about the encounter in my spare time.

The players don't know about it.
>>
>>52263738

Can't say that shit an not post a link.
>>
>>52263232
My brother

I can't stand the sterile moneygrubbing nature of the official formats, I'll just be over here trying to make my jank-ass Viashino tribal deck work.
>>
>>52263738
C-can we hear more in a smutty storytime thread?
>>
>>52262681
I like to samefag, because I'm a sad, lonely person, who can only get attention from himself.
>>
>>52263832
You monster.
>>
>>52262681
banning quests was a mistake. making tg the dumping ground for them was also a mistake. people should learn to filter
>>
>>52263609
I see a lot of people here talking about steampunk, and I've met a fair amount of people that liked it, so I figured I was in the minority in hating it.
>>
>>52263569
>>52263716
Ok. Thanks, anons. The gist of it is that I'm super stoked to run a specific game and this dude wants to run something else. The party wants to play mine, and he's stomping his feet and being petty.

I guess the specific question is "Is it wrong for me to tell him 'if you don't like it get out' when he starts detracting from the others' experience?"
>>
>>52262681
I hate the campaign that I'm currently in. I just want to go back to GMing so I can be free of all the crap that I hate about this campaign, but I've never played a game for this long and I play a character who is important to the plot.
>>
File: Shame bear.jpg (41KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shame bear.jpg
41KB, 600x320px
Every game I've dropped out has been my fault. I do blame my job and my job does switch it's hours, but because of the specific hours worked I could usually work around it. But I choose not to because I lose interest.

I really want to run a game but I'm paralyzed with lethargy; I don't want to start a game because I haven't had anything planned, and I don't want to plan because I'm not in a game.

I really want to create a strong, set piece of worldbuilding to set my campaigns in but I can't decide on even the aesthetics of the magic system, much less the races, factions, world, history, cosmology and so on. I might mumble here and there about coins made of porcelain and charm-caster street performers but I never actually get anything done.

I like to think I'm a good player GM but I secretly also think I'm shit, and I avoid games to avoid being that guy and ruining it for other people.

I only want to run homebrew campaigns because it gives me the most creative control but letting loose and just playing with someone else's ruleset would be totally find and actually make it easier to find players, but I choose not to because I'm a stubborn fucker.

I'm extremely picky about other people's characters they make for my games or other games. I think they are bad and poorly written characters even if they are probably fine, I'm just a massive picky faggot.

I don't do black bar spoiler shit.
>>
>>52263860

I'm just most of the hate comes from people just sticking gears and brass bits on everything. I'm personally tired of the "steam power armour" and other scifi shit that pops up.
>>
I honestly don't know if I even like /tg/ stuff other than TCGs.

I've played several campaigns and I've either dropped due to my own lack of interest or more commonly, everyone else drops due to lack of interest or ability to play. Most have been play by post, but my current in-person session sucks as well. I find it hard to RP even though I love making characters with interesting personalities so I end up playing them completely different from what I intended at the beginning.

I feel like I'm just not playing the right stuff. I hate DnD.
>>
I don't play anything too close to human because I don't feel I can reasonably mimic human interaction.

That said, it's super fun trying to wrap my brain around things that have wildly different values and cultural takes on things.
>>
File: I'll Find A Way.png (84KB, 436x240px) Image search: [Google]
I'll Find A Way.png
84KB, 436x240px
>>52262681
If you don't appreciate suffering, you won't enjoy my campaigns.
I drink emotional conflict like I drink soda.
>>
>>52263316

I do the same thing, get big grandiose ideas of solo play, buy a bunch of shit, and get interested in something new so nothing ever happens.
>>
>>52263257
Current working name is Patron Estate. Likely to change in the future because it sounds like some faggy shojo manga.

Card based semi-random number generation. Class-less character progression, instead long term growth takes the form of "Estates" and "Patrons"

Patrons are individuals or groups that have an interest in supporting your character. They provide passive benefits of various kinds, but can also be called upon in specific scenarios to engage in more demanding tasks.

Estates are a summary of your characters assets. Titles, deeds, grants, funds, accounts, and so on. When a character dies, their Estate is divided among their Patrons. You may also list your next character in their will. You may choose for them to inherit their predecessor's Patrons or pursue their own.

The core attributes are Strength, Agility, Intellect, and Conviction. They range from zero to thirty, and determine the value of their associated Traits and provide a proportional bonus to a characters associated Skills.

The Traits are Vitality, Stamina, Sanity, Favor, and Renown.

The Skills are things like Athletics, Shooting, Arcana, Larceny, and so on. The higher the rank in each skill the more expensive it is to improve them, but the easier it is to succeed on a check.

Depending on your characters Skills, Attributes, and Traits you may also acquire Advantages, which is where the majority of character customization lies.

Would you like to know more . . ?
[Y/N] . . .
>>
>>52263762
>>52263821
I know for a fact that four of my players browse /tg/ and have recognised my writing style before, so absolutely not and I sincerely apologise for that
>>
>>52264047
I feel you senpai.
>>
>>52264249
Why did you think I asked, John?
>>
File: 1427908972257.png (87KB, 640x807px) Image search: [Google]
1427908972257.png
87KB, 640x807px
>>52264095
Same
>>
I really want to GM, but I'm intimidated at the thought of running a game. I've tried twice before many years ago with premade adventures, but both times it went pretty horribly
>>
>>52262681
I often find ways to insert DM's into my games and I think my party is starting to notice, since they always seem to be working with an equally powerful and competent "NPC" or "guide"
>>
Like come one people, at least fucking prime your dudes!

I prime them, and then if they do well I give them paint. They gotta earn the paint. As for basing? Same thing, gotta earn it.
>>
>>52263154
Fred durst, is that you?
>>
>>52264095
I want to play in your campaign
>>
>>52264249

Erotic Fiction General, go.

>>>/d/7309380
>>
File: 1488567713664.jpg (188KB, 841x925px) Image search: [Google]
1488567713664.jpg
188KB, 841x925px
The others think the character is a waifu and laugh at/tease me, and her in character much to her apparent chagrin
They don't realize this is my power fantasy insert character
>>
File: 1474709545197.png (1MB, 1478x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1474709545197.png
1MB, 1478x1500px
I keep telling my group, which has a forever DM, that I want to run a game and will get one together at some point, but I never work on getting material together at all.
>>
>>52263074
My name is also John and i'm a fairly amicable fellow.
>>
File: pain.png (144KB, 281x242px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
144KB, 281x242px
I love running games, but I'm horrible at putting my ideas into the game. I try and my players tell me their having a good time, but I never feel good enough...
>>
File: 78698b_6210587.jpg (183KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
78698b_6210587.jpg
183KB, 1200x1200px
[Spoiler]I really want my Players to Win and have awesome Adventures, but one of them is so fucking stupid in and out of Charaktere the whole time that it ruins my Fun at Gm'ing.
The last thing that happend was that i gave my 3 players Gestalt classes and called it a "Spirit" because fluff reasons. Now this 1 Player didn't stop crying for 2 weeks because he didn't like the Idea and that's it stupid and waaaah.

The constant crying really wants me to stop DM'ing for my group even if the other 2 are Great Players. [/spoiler]
>>
I have intentionally made waifubait characters and characters that cater to my players or fellow players fetishes/desires only to coldly snub them and cockblock them.
>>
>>52262681
I can't improvise for shit. Every time my players inevitably do something I didn't plan for, I get stuck, lose confidence, and start making excuses to not run anything.
>>
>>52263384
I use genre pieces from various -punk genres but I just rename the aesthetic instead. Dieselpunk adventures into the lost world becomes "Pulp Comic Adventure," so on and so forth.
>>
>>52264576
Just DM for them, and if they really keep killing the mood, tell them. If they're being an asshole and ruining the fun, find someone else to fill the hole they'll leave when they're gone.
>>
>>52264114
>Would you like to know more . . ?
Damn right I would. This is a really neat idea and I think it could definitely turn into something great.

>Card based semi-random number generation
Whaddya mean by card based? Might be cool if it is what I think, but do elaborate.

>Patrons are individuals or groups that have an interest in supporting your character. They provide passive benefits of various kinds, but can also be called upon in specific scenarios to engage in more demanding tasks.
Would the patrons have some wants from you? I'm thinking something like the gods in stone soup, where they demand that you do something for them in exchange. I mean sure you mentioned them getting the character's assets when they die, but I think having them want something from you would make the selection even more interesting. Especially if some of their desires contradicted those of other patrons.

>The core attributes are Strength, Agility, Intellect, and Conviction
The first three are pretty self-explanatory. What is conviction though?

>The Traits are Vitality, Stamina, Sanity, Favor, and Renown
pretty interesting selection, but some of them are not immediately obvious. What would sanity do in-game for example.

>Depending on your characters Skills, Attributes, and Traits you may also acquire Advantages, which is where the majority of character customization lies.
Please do elaborate on what advantages are.

Overall I think it sounds like a great concept. Pretty damn unique from what I know.
>>
>>52264495
We're here to help broseidon. Just give the word.
>>
>>52264962
>Whaddya mean by card based?
Each player/character has a deck of fifty-two playing cards. Unless you are at some kind of disadvantage, you play with a hand of five. Ace is low, Court/Face cards are valueless. When a card is used to resolve a Skill Check or an Attribute Save, the card is discarded. You may discard a Court/Face card at any time to draw a new card. Court/Face cards are also used to invoke the appropriate benefits from your Patron. You recover two random cards from your discard pile for every one hour of rest.

The idea behind Checks/Saves is to "play low" so an ace would be your most valuable card, while a ten is only useful if the sum of your Skill Rank, Attribute Modifier, and other modifiers is 10 or higher. Also, the suite of the card matters as well. A Two of Spades is worth more than a Two of Hearts, then Two of Diamonds, with Two of Clubs being worth the least, etc.

You do not play with Jokers unless you have an Advantage that uses them.

>Would the patrons...
Every character begins play with one Patron. Each Patron requires regular upkeep in the form of Contracts. The type and intensity of the Contract is proportional to the reward, the grade of your relationship with your Patron, and various other factors. Rewards vary from improved relations with a Patron, a new Estate, or access to services.

In order to gain the attention of a new Patron you need higher Renown. Each rank of Renown greater than one allows you to pursue the benefits of one more Patron. Your Renown may never be higher than your highest Skill or Attribute Bonus.

If you complete a Contract with a Patron that has negative consequences with another Patron you risk damaging your relationship or invoking a response from them.

A Patron's nature can vary from a guild, a noble house, a family of commoners, a dedicated friend, a pet, all the way up to fiends, spirits, and gods. Other players may also become your Patron and vice-versa.

(tbc)
>>
>>52264962
>>52265993
(con)
>What is conviction though?
Conviction is your characters spiritual and mental fortitude. The higher your Conviction the better you resist loss of Sanity, and the higher your Stamina is. Is also makes it harder for you to be moved in social or intellectual challenges, and it's easier for you to resist mind/perception abilities.

>What would sanity do in-game for example.
Sanity is a reflection of your characters mental health. Like Vitality, loss of Sanity can result in a death-spiral, where it's impact on your Intellect and Conviction based skills often result in further loss of Sanity. Spells gone wrong, physical and psychological torture, social manipulation, and even severe loss in physical combat can all result in loss of Sanity. If your Sanity reaches zero, you're effectively insane and you suffer a permanent loss in max Sanity, and must spend time recovering. If your max Sanity permanently drops to one there's no coming back.

Favor is likely going to be relocated from the main page of the character sheet to the Patron tab, since it's supposed to be a reflection of each Patrons disposition to you. The higher your Favor, the greater benefits you get from that Patron. If your Favor with a Patron drops to zero you loss them as a benefactor.

Renown is essentially Kleos. It's a numerical reflection of your characters glory. It is used when trying to obtain a new Patron. Some Advantages are also dependent on your Renown. It also will have an impact on your interactions with NPCs, and will be visible to other players. Having high positive Renown attracts people looking to praise and admire you, or seek your help with something tragic. Likewise, having severe negative Renown will attract Patrons of a darker nature, will cause people to flee or fear your image, and may even spur people to violence against you.

(tbc)
>>
I've never played a TTRPG. I used to play stuff like Arkham Horror and some shitty zombie survival boardgame (and a single session of CoC which I don't think anyone else liked) with people I used to know every few weekends but my crippling social anxiety had me make excuses to leave early or just not go. They eventually simply stopped contacting me for games, and despite me never wanting to go, I hope they didn't think it was because I didn't like them, most were people I had know for ages, but just...grew apart from. I want to play RPGs really badly and have tons of character and world and story ideas, but they'll never be used because of my anxiety. I can't stand being in the spotlight and it's detrimental to more than wanting to play games. I'm just whining here, but there you go. I browse /tg/ for character and worldbuilding stuff, and even then I'm afraid to engage in projects because meeting new people stresses me out. So I post and joke and browse. What might be the worst part is 99% of me doesn't even mind it. I can't believe I even fucking posted this.
>>
>>52264962
>>52266301
(con)
>Please do elaborate on what advantages are.
Advantages are powers, techniques, and perks that allow you to perform a specific action tied to one or more Skills. The D&D Feat "Power Attack," for example, would be an Advantage available to purchase for your character that is tied to your "Fighting" Skill and both your "Agility" and "Strength" Traits.

A Static Advantage would be something that requires no activation by the player (though that doesn't mean it's always active). While a Dynamic Advantage requires the player to declare it's use as part of a Skill Check or Attribute Save.

They're currently a work in progress, and will require extensive testing during development.

Would like to know more . . ?
[Y/N] . . .
>>
[Spoiler] My borother and i play 40k he loves crunch and thinks he is amazing (he actually sucks dick) and i have to fudge rolls so I don't fuck him and crush his feelings [Spoiler]
>>
>>52266356
Go to a specialist anon.
>>
>>52263857
Truth
>>
I love using splats and fluff from systems I hate or never really played. D&D 2e is such a treasure trove, along with oWoD stuff, but I'm not fond of prepping with either system so I just stick the fluff in PbtA games or some point buy system that would trigger another player if their meta isn't followed. I like tweaking fluff to do something that isn't yet another walking meat sack with a stick - really sick of fighting creatures made of feathers and croc teeth but 90% of the time still mechanically do the exact damn same thing as an orc, in or out of a scuffle. I'm just really tired of standard crap and think the older fluff stuff had really good framework.
>>
>>52262681
{spoiler/} My first DnD Character back in middle school was an Agnostic Necromantic, Sentinel of a Cleric that used a 2 handed hammer that I played as both the party tank and healer cause I was playing a rogue and a goblin barbarian. My entire thing was about reaching immortality through neutral means through a mix of having neutral views on holy magic and supportive if wary views on necromancy. Least edgy character as the game went on. We played it for a year. {spoiler}
>>
I haven't played in years and I sometimes feel all the world and campaign building i'm doing is totally fruitless.
>>
>>52263074
Everyone is John here
>>
File: 1421897233665.jpg (19KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1421897233665.jpg
19KB, 250x188px
I've started designing close to half a dozen systems for specific video games or other inspirations. I always get right into the meat of the system and get tired or bored or just forget to keep working on it. Then I start designing something new. Fate/Stay Night is one I've given several failed attempts to. Right now my current phase is for Nier: Automata.

I do this because I hate every single system on the market. Seriously I can't enjoy a single one because they all have flaws that I can figure out with just one or two read-throughs of the core books, and splats always only make things worse. I play games in spite of their rulesets, solely for the fluff alone, but my passion gets sucked out of me little by little just because the system ruins everything sooner or later. I houserule things to hell and back but it still doesn't change the underlying core problems.
>>
File: sallet.jpg (121KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
sallet.jpg
121KB, 1024x802px
>>52262681
I'm part a D&D group that seems to constantly pull great and epic results out of scenarios. Every time I do my best to help keep the others coherent and alive while also trying to make sure my character gets work done on the battlefield. Where everyone else's characters seem to advance and get credit for every victory, my character is always either left in the dust or murdered without proper backup.

I just can't tell if it's bad luck or the other people just don't like me and want to watch my characters fail.
>>
>>52262681
>SAFE SPACE
>triggered

My confession is that I unironically look forward to the day when we physically purge liberals from the hobby and I get to LARP with a real flamethrower and my Trump hat.

We good, right?
>>
File: [operatic litanies].jpg (357KB, 1183x1512px) Image search: [Google]
[operatic litanies].jpg
357KB, 1183x1512px
>>52267735

tfw I play a dark heresy priest who uses a flamethrower and sings operatic litanies as he purges "degenerates"

I feel you, brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYyf7xH8w1Q
>>
>>52263074
My name is Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
>>
>>52264386
What is the sauce on this image? I can't find anything for it.
>>
My current D&D character is pretty much ripped out of some smut I wrote for /soc/.
>>
>>52262681
I'm sick and tired of so many interesting settings being ruined by gratuitous and needless edge. So many interesting settings have been ruined for me because they shove in garbage to try and make their worlds more "dark and gritty"..
>>
I suck shit at everything I enjoy doing.
>>
I always play the same two races/classes in every game I'm in. If I can't play those specific races/classes, I either won't play the game or I'll play something as close to it as possible.

They are races/classes that are in the PHB. Nothing homebrewed.
>>
>>52262681
>one of my players is literally going crazy, as in her depression/psychosis meds aren't working anymore and she's getting worse and worse.
>culminated in her writing a really violent rape scene for her character in the RP play by post document we have going
>me and all the other players are really disturbed
>I want to keep the game fun and carefree but the only way I can see to do that is to kick the crazy player
>am afraid she might actually an hero if I do that
>wat do?
>>
>>52267735
>>52267834

I just want to throw basement-dwelling socialists out of a helicopter in Cadian uniform while Ride of the Valkyries blasts on the speakers.
>>
File: 34cha7c.gif (321KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
34cha7c.gif
321KB, 450x253px
If someone makes a lesbian PC in one of my games I always get them killed on purpose. If I'm a player, I do the same thing, only it extends to NPCs too. I just think they're cancer.
>>
I play female characters so i can make uncomfortable ERP with one my friends who doesn't like gays.

(I also don't know how to Spoiler)
>>
File: 1486966428828.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486966428828.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>52268018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRU1AJsXN1g
>>
>>52268132
You do [spoilerREMOVETHISTEXT]text[/spoiler]
>>
>>52268016
kick her. You can reach out to her outside the game, or ask that she keep her stuff seperate from the main game.

Basically, give her an avenue to vent her grief that does not involve griefing your game.
>>
>>52268056

I have you beat. One time, I basically played along and let the creepy bard dyke ojou-sama in the party spoil my cheerful blue-collar wizard girl-next-door with presents and introductions to high society, slept with a boy behind her back, and immediately started talking about getting some dick after letting her sacrifice her life for me. In front of the player.

As far as I'm concerned, lesbian PCs always seem to be someone's fetish or power fantasy, either a cringey self-insert for a fat girl with dyed hair or a cringier escape route for a boy who thinks if he was a girl people would like him. So I have my own fun with them. Magical Girl campaigns are like a hunting ground for me, and I'm very good at playing seemingly innocent waifus.

...The worst thing I ever did, though, was convince the player of one of them to send me a full set of DnD 5e books, because she thought I'd be her girlfriend IRL and she could come visit at some point. After my PC cheated on hers I told the DM she was harassing me and she got herself kicked out because she couldn't contain her sperg. I'm not even pretty and they just keep creepin'.
>>
>>52268056
Lesbos purge isn't helping anyone.
Unless we're talking the island, in which case go ahead.
>>
My campaigns always fall through. I'm autistic enough to want to have an entire world planned out and making sense, but not autistic enough to put the effort in to make even a decent part of it.
I tend to make human-only settings because I want to play a more serious character/story based campaign and feel like other races tend to lean on their race more and have less of an individual character.
I keep promising campaigns I never deliver on. I've even promised a campaign I feel would be simpler to run for 'in the mean time' for another campaign I was too autistic about finding/making the right ruleset for, put all my effort on the second campaign and still haven't run either.
>>
>>52268189
I've also since fell out of contact with most of the group for that first campaign.
>>
>>52268187
>isn't helping anyone

Since when is the objective to help?
>>
>>52268180
Thanks
>>
File: yes, this pleases zugzug.jpg (57KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
yes, this pleases zugzug.jpg
57KB, 227x222px
>>52268186

Doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>52268189
>makes human-only settings
>too autistic to ever follow through

sounds about right
>>
>>52268218

You're probably making the game better by removing them, I'd say you're helping anyway.
>>
I am the designated GM and I always want to cancel my campaigns after the second session since I think I done goofed and fucked the balance up
>>
>>52262681
I can't paint, so I don't
>>
>>52267075
How do you feel about Fate?
>>
I mostly play spellcasters, because anything else seems like just boring 'stand in place, full attack' or 'make skill checks aaaand you're done'.

Oh, and they're usually female and attractive, even though I'm a hairy dude with way too deep a voice.

Star Wars? Precognitive force user/shaman from a primitive world. Female
D&D? Psion/Incarnate little girl with a strong desire to murder things. In a different game, tiefling archmage who fights against her demonic instincts.
Shadowrun? Mind-manipulating black magician. A 'deep-sea selkie' SURGE who has no eyes, but uses the eyes of others. Not actually attractive, because 'holy fuck her forehead goes down to her way-too-big mouth'.
Dresden Files? Schoolgirl practitioner who focuses on force magic and tries to be a literal superhero, saving people and beating up thugs.
Savage Worlds? Arrogant bitch of demonic nobility. Notable in that she's not a spellcaster- instead she has too many limbs and is deadly with all of them.
Mass Effect? A goddamn quarian biotic. A FUCKING *QUARIAN* *BIOTIC*. What the hell is wrong with me. Jesus fuck.

In my defense, she was pretty rad. Painted a quarian skull on her visor and went around pirating.
>>
I like Dnd 3.5, always have.
>>
When I follow Duncan tutorials I skip half the steps because they're frivolous and unnecessary. While his technical skills are great and you can pick up the occasional tip, the whole Eavy Metal style since about the 3rd Edition has been less about aesthetics and more overpainting to con people new people to the hobby into buying twice as many shades of paint than they need. Honestly I feel like it's the elephant people in the room seem to ignore cause "THIN YA PAINTS! HE'S LIKE BOB ROSS BUT NERDY LIKE ME!" and they're more distracted by figure costs.
>>
File: 1489892782350.png (50KB, 202x164px) Image search: [Google]
1489892782350.png
50KB, 202x164px
I spent two years on and off working on painting my army but wasn't happy with the results so I stripped the whole thing and started over, only got a couple mini's painted before I got busy with work and now I'm worried that I'll never finish it

I'm avoiding playing games of 40k now because of it
>>
I fucked Ego Queen Alexis, and did not enjoy it.
>>
>>52268803
Post pics of your work, anon.
>>
>>52263074
My name is Ken and I practice with my katana every day
>>
>>52266910
Why is this a confession? That's a great attitude to have as a DM. You do you, anon.
>>
I got into roleplaying and wargaming to get some friends because I'm lonely and the friends I already have are not interested in being social or going anywhere, mostly because they're busy but also because they would rather sit somewhere and play the same boring videogame for the 2029348th time than to try something different, they also don't have an imagination worth shit and can't grasp the concept of role playing. I also spend a huge amount of money on warhammer because the army looked fun and now it's in codex limbo and now I hate that I can either spend a shitload of money on new models and supplements or play a shitty army with less options than everyone else. I still love my spiky dudes and makes me sad see them just gathering dust and the new lore by geedubs makes want to kill someone.
>>
>>52269247
I wanted to run a Call of Cthulhu game or a Vampire The masquerade game but none of my friends read the rules or even showed up at the first game, I want to play a spooky game and have some laughs but my friends just seem like brain dead muppets without imagination or sense of wonder or are completely vapid normies. I came here and see that you are vibrant and colorful and are having fun even if you're raging at incompetence, I feel jelly.
>>
>>52269272
Try and find a good online group.
This a slow and arduous task rife with pitfalls, but not impossibe.

I want nothing more than to execute complicated heists and schemes in high-risk systems like Shadowrun or WoD but I can never focus on a game enough to do so.
>>
[Spoiler] I am ridiculously uncomfortable whenever sex is brought up ingame out of fear of showing how bad I am with girls somehow
>>
>>52263202
Christopher Littlerose? I don't get the reference...
>>
I browse /tg/ because it's fun and you're not all dribbling retards like other boards, but i've never played any TTRPG. I've picked up enough here to chat with a new co worker about DnD and he's invited me to a game of his with his friends and I have no fucking idea how to play.
>>
Last game I was in was L5R. The GM gave us the set up, take a box that had a portion of the god of the Shadowlands to a volcano, drop it in. One of the other players (knowing full well this was a box of evil and his character would know better then to open it) keeps trying to open it.
This ruins the whole thing for me, I tell the GM that, rather then stay and make everyone miserable (like that guy) I'm going to bow out, no reflection on the game or anyone else, just THAT guy. Call me when either you are playing something else, or that guy is gone.
That was over 8 years ago.

Also I want to run a game, but I don't want people in my apartment, and there are no game stores in the area (that aren't run by a pedophile).
>>
Back when I was in communication with my group (which split after about half the members moved away) I used to buy new RPG books for people in the group. These would be for games I was interested in playing in, but didn't want to run.
>>
File: gXAwjlI.jpg (230KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
gXAwjlI.jpg
230KB, 1280x670px
>>52262681
I've never played any of the characters that I've gotten draw drawthread deliveries for. Unless you count the ones that came from vidya RPGs as "playing"
>>
I've been making Slings, Atlatls, and primitive Flat Bows and practicing with them IRL. I can hit soda can sized objects with all three now.

I'm concerned this is my Wilderness Survival Obsessed character seeping into my psyche, as I'm a suburban white boy with a tech degree and I had no interest in these things until I'd been playing this dude for over a year.
>>
>>52268829
pics or it didn't happen
>>
I'm dying to be part of a good campaign in any system, but from previous experience, I realize that I'm too flaky, or I sometimes get too unfocused and end up contributing nothing.
I'd love to GM myself, but I'm too insecure in my own worldbuilding to do it.
>>
>>52262681
I don't even play traditional games.
>>
I am a ForeverDM that constantly wants to try new rulebooks and new campaigns, to the point where I'm bored with a new campaign before the first session even begins. I also hate my current group, as the only good player moved away and online play isn't as good. I just want my group of 5 or 6 retards around a table having a good time and playing an interesting plot ;_;
>>
>>52269780
>Did not use the excuse of "I have ADD." Freely admits his problems.

Fuck dude, you are head and shoulders above some people I've played with previously.
>>
>>52269361
chrono crusade
>>
I work hard between sessions to keep a consistent background universe running and updating, regularly ask players where they would like to take things. I only use prewritten content if I'm rewriting it to tailor it to the group, and I basically build the entire game around the characters being the main cast regardless of game or genre. It hurts that it feels like the group only gets together because they've got nothing better to do, shrug and give no input, and proceed to try and murderhobo their way through adventures I've written specifically to appeal to their backstories and stated in-character goals, tailored rivals and nemesis and even put an hours thought into just what gear will drop for each person
>>
I've been forever-GM since highschool, about a decade now. Every single session I ask myself if I'm the GM because people like me, or only because everybody else is too lazy and they settle for me because the alternative is to not play at all. Every session of every group for a decade, and I doubt.
>>
>>52269983
Exact same for me, except for only half a decade and with only a single group (almost no friends + small city + no social life does horrible things to a man). They insist they enjoy my campaigns, but with how many have been dropped due to 'lack of interest' I know they actually just enjoy an excuse to get together.
>>
>>52263319
>>52263357
Not the same anon, but how do you even run that without it devolving into freeform tier?
>>
I find no joy in team efforts. Every time the party wins through a combination of our skills, all I can think about is how I didn't do enough myself, the failed rolls, and that I've made a shitty character because I wasn't carrying the team.
>>
>>52269717
Fuck that, son. This is a blue board >>52269814
>>
>>52268829
Details?
>>
>>52269780
Brad?
>>
>>52266414
I'd like to know if you've got somewhere I could follow development
>>
I can't handle silence in social situations at all. My friends all handle it really well, but if a silence lasts longer than a second max, a knot forms in my stomach and I have to excuse my self to take deep breaths. It makes me think that the people in the conversation are bored/angry and it's my fault. This is horrible for me as the GM because my players go silent often, either to listen to me or to ruminate on what to do next.

I've cut the last two sessions prematurely at only 30 minutes in because they went silent for ~3 seconds, which prompted me to say I was tired and needed to sleep, only to hyperventilate and contemplate suicide for the rest of night. I don't bring this up to the group because, no matter their intentions, I'll feel like they're patronizing me, which would only make things worse.
>>
>>52271188
You should probably see a psychiatrist regarding that level of social anxiety/terror (even if it is highly circumstantial).
Not necessarily for loading up on drugs that may make things worse or anything, but just try get some tips for handling that kind of thing.
You deserve to be able to enjoy DMing for your friends, they certainly enjoy it themselves if they're interested in more sessions & gameplay.
>>
I hate WH40K. I hate its galaxy, its alien species' and its human species. I hate its retarded technology. I hate its metaplot. I hate the Emperor. I hate Chaos and the Chaos Gods. I hate the terrible writing and I hate the malignant tumor that is Games Workshop. I hate ever cheap, ugly model and every janky, untested rule. By extension, I'm growing to hate every wargame. Eventually my hatred for WH40K may drive me away from all tabletop games, wargame or not. I hate it so much I might become a normie just to get away from it.
>>
>>52270557
then post them on NOT blue board son God damn
>>
>>52271243
>>52271257
nice try namefag
>>
>>52271263
damn it, I should have known better than to even try on this board.
>>
>>52270859
I suppose I could set up a blog.
>>
>>52263074
When people don't recognize pasta. Sad!
>>
I will always, always set fire to the troll. Always. I don't care if it's metagaming. I don't care ABOUT metagaming. I am done pretending that I don't know what a troll is or that I need to set it on fire. Give me an actual challenge, and stop pretending you're oh-so-clever because you're throwing a monster everyone knows how to defeat at us but telling us it's cheating to actually try.
>>
File: 1343922066446.jpg (79KB, 330x247px) Image search: [Google]
1343922066446.jpg
79KB, 330x247px
I don't even play traditional games, I'm just here for the cool fantasy and sci-fi stuff
>>
>>52262681
My first DnD character was a alcoholic, sarcastic, lesbian elf who wasn't suicidal, but not also ecstatic about life.
Its still my favorite character and I wanna bring her back in a campaign eventually with my group.
>>
>>52269371
Don't worry anon. After a session or two you'll get the system basics.
>>
>>52271702
>>52269371
Also, go get the pdf of the Player's Handbook for whatever edition you're playing (probably 5th) and read it.
>>
I love RPing and DMing, but I'm fucking incapable of improvising vocally. If I could just find a good way to run a text-only game that wasn't play by post, I could show my players that I can run more than just combat encounters, but I just can't carry out an IC conversation without writing it.
>>
>>52271794
This probably needs slightly more context - I spent the first half of my life in countries where nobody but my parents and bitch of a sister spoke English, and I was too busy going through speech therapy for ENGLISH (my physical coordination is medically fucked up, it took me nine years to learn how to write legibly and I still can't quite draw a straight line, I was literally tripping over my tongue whenever I tried to talk until I was around 15) to learn how to interact with other people my age in person. I've always been perfectly fine when writing or whatever, but the minute you put me in a voice chat everything goes straight to hell.
>>
I've been emotional to the point of tears welling several times during some sad occurrences in the game I run. Thank god for roll20 with only voice chat.
>>
I feel really insecure trying to run my own tabletop games. I only played one session back in highschool and it got me really interested in running games and even helped overcome the apprehension I had over the hobby because of a roaming Chict Tract I found at a friends church. But for the last 10 years I've owned a number of manuals and systems but can't bring myself to run them. I never get beyond writing a campaign seed and I have put no real effort into getting into other games because I don't really get out, and I'm super paranoid online and try not to get too close to any community or give out my identity in any way. I don't even know if I like tabletop anymore or if I'm just interested in the idea of tabletop.
>>
>>52268763
>>52268785
brother
as DM for 3.5, I make changes to the ruleset that i think actually make it work better. example: i allow martials to use their attacks against multiple characters instead of being locked against one so long as they are within one space of them. basically makes the cleave feature accessible without having to actually kill an enemy. it allows martials to really control the combat and properly tank
>>
>>52268245
You can also highlight the text you want to spoiler and hit ctrl+s.
>>
>>52262681
My GM kept throwing waifus at my straight fembarb. In response, I decided to bait him along and hold them at arms length without ever saying no or yes.
It's been two years at this point. I'm done. I'm going to grab the nearest one and hold the fuck out of her hand next session.
>>
File: a78akabks2nv.gif (59KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
a78akabks2nv.gif
59KB, 200x100px
I only play lolis
>>
most of the gaming groups I've been in have ended catastrophically. First group died when a fistfight broke out (not over anything that happened in game). Next one died when 3 of the 5 people in it decided illegal drugs were more fun then RPGs. Next one died when the GM molested his 6 year old step-daughter. Next one when 1 of the players was arrested, and went to prison for 47 counts of possession of child pornography (2 others were arrested for the same thing but some how avoided jail, and now run the only game store in town). At this point I'm wondering if somehow I'm the cause of all of this shit, because this never happens to other people.
>>
>>52269439
You can play on roll20, or even in text-only format on an IRC or something.
>>
>>52263651
I'd bring this up with them. If your group is big enough, and if they like "writing" things so much then they can step the fuck up
>>
>>52263202
Haha, Chrono Crusade. That's good. That's one I haven't heard of in a long time actually....would probably make a good setting to be honest.
>>
File: 1481851048066.png (131KB, 419x393px) Image search: [Google]
1481851048066.png
131KB, 419x393px
>>52263738
now there's a confession
>>
>>52262681
I always get excited to run games for people but then I realize how much planning and preparation is involved and I lose all motivation and procrastinate until the game is cancelled. This has happened for my last 5 games I've tried to run. It doesn't help that my group has descended into SJW fuckwafflery of the worst possible fucking kind.
>>
>>52264307
Honestly it's nothing to be intimidated by so long as you set up with an interesting environment and can ad lib passably.

Though if the players take the game particularly seriously then perhaps they should be DM'ing anyway.
>>
>>52267418
You're the unsung hero. You give your life for the cause
>>
I'm supposed to be DMing a campaign but I've been making excuses to avoid running it to the point where our group only plays around once a month.

I actually love planning and running campaigns but setting them up is often too much of a chore to actually do most of the time.
>>
>>52262681
>>52262681
I feel you op it's part of the reason I stopped playing table top. Too many bad players with terrible sportsmanship. (I've seen at least 3 cases of people sperging out and throwing there models.) Almost all of them had a grey tide army. I've gone through like 2 different game stores and a local 40k community and it's the same story. This hobby attracts the worst people.
>>
>>52275212

>First group died when a fistfight broke out (not over anything that happened in game).

>>52275483

>my group has descended into SJW fuckwafflery of the worst possible fucking kind.

These two points I'd love to hear more about.
>>
>>52262681
I'm in a hex and chit wargaming group, our game of choice is ideal for 5 players. Recently, due to real life issues, one of the guys had to drop out. I'm happy, because he was the weakest player in the group by a fairly wide margin and now I don't have to worry about trying to hold his end up when we're on the same team, or that the game is basically over if he's on the other side.
>>
I have trouble initiating any sort of social interaction because of my crippling autism and haven't had a steady game in years as a result.
>>
I try my damnedest to pay attention, but the best I can muster is a blank, sorta tired stare. Unless combat is going on, then I'm suddenly super-focused. Can't help but feel like shit for doing this.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>52275212
> Next one died when the GM molested his 6 year old step-daughter

Okay that's not exactly the kind of thing I saw coming when you said 'catastrophically', jesus christ. Maybe you should try some online groups?
>>
>>52269439
>that aren't run by a pedophile

...was this the same guy from your later story or do you just live in a town entirely populated by clones of Joseph Fritzl?
>>
>>52275212
Where do you live?
>>
>>52262681

My life is excruciatingly uninteresting. I've got a few friends that it hurts me to hang out with for anything except tabletop gaming because I have nothing to talk about. I have one friend in particular that I haven't spoken to in over two years, and if he were to call me up today, I would have nothing interesting or new to tell him. I'm a virgin who will never get a girl, as is to be expected for one of my appearance, and all it makes me want to do is drive my car directly into the nearest lamp-post or wall at top speed. Help me...
>>
File: Pedo DM.png (332KB, 1838x1651px) Image search: [Google]
Pedo DM.png
332KB, 1838x1651px
>>52276830
Not the first time this has happened.
>>
>>52276986
What are your hobbies or things you like apart from /tg/ stuff?
>>
>>52276986

It's wrong to say that a person's life has to have progress. We're not traveling from point A to point B. Life isn't a story, where you have to have things happen. It's not like you need to mark things off on a big list where you get a wife, two kids, a dog, and a house with a white picket fence. Life doesn't work like that- and it shouldn't.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you don't need an interesting life. You're not less of a person for, say, not rock climbing. Or not going kayaking in the french alps or whatever the fuck. If you still want an interesting life, then what you really need to do is work for it. Come up with things you want to do that you can't, and then do them anyway no matter the difficulty.

But if you don't want it enough to work your way out of the niche you've worked yourself into, there's nothing wrong with that. You're still a person.

You can always pick up a new hobby or two. Like writing, or art, or computer programming. Go annoy /agdg/ and make a game, if you want. Any of those'll give you new topics to talk about, new things you can interact with others about.
>>
>>52263074
My name is mudkip, do you liek mudkips?
>>52271332
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
I think sci-fi or modern setting are boring as shit.

Sci-fi setting feels like theme park rides because you spend the majority of your time in space ports/space to stop at singular points of interest on planets.

Additionally scale is just lost because everything in space is oversized like space ships that require days to walk through.
>>
>>52277232
I feel almost the same way about Not!Medieval Fantasy.

Swords&Sorcery being the default setting of most of the hobby makes me want to punch my dick off on the best of days...
>>
>>52268196
>>52268189

sounds like me
>>
>>52277232
maybe a more starwars style sci-fi then?
>>
>>52276856
same guys actually. the ones that escaped jail (no fucking clue how, I had gotten them the fuck out of my life by that time) ended up opening a store that is based around anime, manga and RPGs, and every Saturday they throw "pony parties" for viewing My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. and yes, they ARE aware of the other kind of pony parties.
>>
>>52276246
I'm not sure what happened, all I know is that I showed up for the game, one of the guys mumbled something, his brother laughed, and suddenly fists were flying and the police were being called.
>>
>>52262681
I miss quests
>>
I canceled my campaign before the first session because I was lazy.
I correct people on rulings and legitimately go "Actually because he has X he does Y instead"

I can be an ass sometimes.
>>
>>52262681
Oh boy... I genuinely hate playing with one of the members in my group. He's either sperging out with his ADHD or high on pot or shrooms 100% of the time we ask him not to get high during the session (it's more fun sober, no-one else in the group games high, and two of us can't stand the smell) but he refuses cause "we're in his appartment and he can do what he wants". One of the other players supports him in this. Whenever we play without him the session is infinitely more fun and I get all excited for the next session only to have him return and i have a shitty time.

But I don't want to say anything cause I'm the relative newcomer to the social group and I can be a bit of a cunt sometimes so I don't want to cause any issues
>>
>>52262681
I have been ejected from 3 RPG groups since the beginning of this year because of how much exuberant, talkative and flirty I am when I meet and play with people.
My mood is directly correlated to the amount of social interactions I have and I am too anxious to meet people so I end staying at home and building social need which is expulsed when I get to see people again.
This unending vicious circle of social awkwardness has wasted my life's social and professionnal opportunities and I am too used too being passive to actually kick me in the butt to go have my daily dose of social interactions.
>>
>>52279206
Are you a grill?
>>
>>52279144
>Part 2: electric Boogaloo
In addition to this, I'm in university and I don't live in the same city as them (high school friends and 3 of them went to the same college. The other two of us went to unis on scholarships) so it's not as easy to come out for sessions. So sometimes I miss months of sessions in a row (they run other games that I'm not in for when im not there) cause I can't make it or i just don't feel like driving there, paying for food and stuff, and then not having fun
>>
>>52279241
No, guy here.
If I would have been a girl, not only I would have been ejected (because an overtalking player is annoying as shit whatever the crotch) but I think some neckbeards would have tried to hit on me.
I have been flirty to girls during some sessions
(while making effort to not do! But I act automatically seductively when I speak to girls in general and when I try to suppress it I become quite awkward) and I really wouldn't have liked to be them.
So I'm quite That Guy, but thanksfully here I'm not That Girl.
>>
>>52278873
...what the fuck.
>>
>>52267075

... Caleb?
>>
>>52262681

I can't effectively DM without being at least lightly drunk This nearly resulted in my players finding out I have a sissy fetish when I got far too drunk
I am a 5'10" overweight neckbeard
>>
>>52262681
My gaming group thinks I'm a girl.

They're only half right.

Tee-hee.
>>
>>52279740
>They're only half right.
...So you only have one testicle?
>>
>>52278873
I was a brony a long time ago and I feel mad when perverts and pedophiles use an inoffensive child show to trap children. I globally hate rapists hiding under a fake persona of luring kindness, like Griffith from Berserk or a pedo priest.
>>
>>52279798
How do you feel about grooming?
>>
>>52264495
I'm in more or less the same boat, bro. It's not so much a group as a circle of friends, and I do have a bunch of ideas swirling around, but I never really feel like I have the motivation to sit down and pull it all together.

Also to sit down and read the core rules about fifty times because I have never in my life played more than a couple of sessions (or posts worth, back when I fell for the play by post meme) and I terrified that I'll not be able to balance challenges properly.
>>
>>52279821
Child grooming? The very idea makes me puke. I have a strong hate against those abusing the trust of vulnerable people.
>>52278873 seems potentially a case of that so I would advise giving a taser to everyone going to these parties. Or inviting an chilled but attentive 120kg ex-SWAT to the parties to ruin their attempts and cockblock them hard.
>>
My players have turned against each other to the point where I can't GM anymore.

One guy always has crazy/slightly wild ideas and I tend to operate on rule of cool. The other two are rules lawyers and call him down every game.

It's gotten to the point where every session breaks down into an argument about why something will or will not work and nothing gets done.

I'm tired stress to each group the points and counter points. But it turned into, "He's an idiot and we veto him." I thought it was actually sort of clever even if it wasn't clinically the best way to go about it.

Crazy guy says he's backed down nine out of ten times and he's fed up. The others say his crazy gallivanting ruins it for them and he should just play it safe.
>>
In 5 years of playing TTRPGs, I have yet to finish a single campaign aside from a generic short fetch quest in a sandbox campaign. Not even my own campaigns.
>>
>>52280053
Seems the members of your group seek different and incompatible things in their games. The two want safe, realistic gameplays, while the other one wants to play "high risk high fun". Got it right?
Not all groups can be glued by the sole efforts of a GM, whatever good as a GM he is. The two sides have to make efforts to get along if they want to continue having fun in playing.
- the two should think about what extend of original ideas they would accept (at which moment it gets too crazy for them)
- the one should understand that while he needs to relieve his funny ideas from his boiling mind, he has to play as a member of the team and adapt his ideas to the context of the situation the PCs are (and how the other PCs should react).
- if the crazy has a lot of original ideas, he could perhaps makes funny one-shots as a GM? He could feel limited as a player.
>>
>>52263232
My hero. Jank your way to victory when you accidentally pic jank that's really good.
>>
>>52279972
Yeah. Fair enough, though there's decent number of people that would condemn acting up against the child's innocence directly but would have no qualms with raising and influencing them certain way within boundaries of the law.

And hey, it's not always harmful - I've been subject to good deal of grooming myself and turned out alright. >so sayeth the 4channer
>>
I almost exclusively play female characters and find it really difficult to roleplay male characters. There just weren't many men in my life growing up, so I find it much easier to understand and relate to women. Most of my normal group is in a similar boat, but I always worry that if I ever lost them I wouldn't be able to find another group that doesn't think it's weird.

I'm also the ForeverGM of the group, so the recurring NPCs are 90% female. It's easier for me and no one in my group cares, but I always feel like a creep about it.
>>
>>52263881
I'm late but whatever.
No that's not wrong.
Don't be passive aggressive about it though, that's asshole behaviour.
Inform this guy that you and everyone else are on board to play this game, and that if he's unwilling to get over himself then he can always not join and do anything else with his time.
>>
>>52277232
I have exactly the opposite problem with sci-fi, I hate the fact that every planet seems to be the size a continent at most
>>
File: 1408674222892.gif (7KB, 130x142px) Image search: [Google]
1408674222892.gif
7KB, 130x142px
>>52262681
I always play the no-nonsense character when I am a PC in my group, otherwise we'd have no direction and just fuck around and never complete obvious plot threads.

As a GM I have used Homestuck and the other works of Andrew Hussie for the basis of so much shit. Characters, cosmology, running jokes, plots, locations, music. None of my players are the wiser and it's amazing.
>>
>>52262681
I started collecting Warhammer minis over a decade ago and have spent over $2000 on them. I've hardly painted any of them and I've only ever played one game. I get hyped up one army or another every couple years, buy a few hundred dollars worth, put a few together, then promptly forget about them. It's a problem.
>>
>>52280354
I precise that child grooming refers to me to the hidden intent of further abuse from the older part.
Creating a social relationship with children as a grown-up is not only normal but essential for the children's psychological development: a child who sees adults actively avoiding to get along with him will likely think that he socially stinks or whatever and as an adult will feel uneased nearby children without any idea of why.
Problem is how to detect when grown-ups act in a predator mindset?
A good way would be to give to the children the eye to detect them,
but they ARE children, its easy to crippled them with social anxiety for life by teaching them to trust absolutely no act of kindness, even those he is has to trust for his own development. The little ones are supposed to learn that a little latter in order to develop the ability to trust.
Vast debate I'll say.
Until we have the answer, let's call the brony ex-SWAT to invite him to the pony parties of those hidden pedo cloppers.

>>52280366
Well if your group don't care, no problem. You propose a fictional setting, they are ok with it, you are doing your job ok here.
Outside your group, you seems to need someone you could speak about your male nature with, it helps to know what you share with the others dudes (hence understanding what in you is linked to you being a dude). Like the figure of the big brother who answers the apparently silly questions you keep for yourself and let you ask an another one. I wish you'll find him among your current relationships or among those you'll meet in the future.
>>
>>52280696
Do the old armies you bought still interest you at some extend or did you entirely loose any interest in them?
>>
>>52280721
>Outside your group, you seems to need someone you could speak about your male nature with, it helps to know what you share with the others dudes (hence understanding what in you is linked to you being a dude).

Honestly, it's never been a problem in my daily life. I'm really confident about my masculinity and who I am as a person, it's just when I try to write or roleplay that it becomes an issue. My male characters inevitably end up either extremely bland, self-inserts or throwaway archetypes with no depth. I've been forcing myself to try more male characters lately and it's helping a bit, but it's slow-going. I just have a hard time getting invested and staying interested when it's a dude.
>>
File: 1461505404903.jpg (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461505404903.jpg
95KB, 600x600px
The only reason why I started GMing was because I got tired of the online games I been in dieing or just not starting in turn I started to become a bitter and paranoid person when it comes to games, if the gm doesn't run one week I will assume that the game is dead or if a player doesn't show up for one-two sessions they don't want to play anymore and I will kick them.

When ever the games I do join as a player die out it gives me some satisfaction and makes me want to plan more for my game but in truth I don't think I'm a very good GM at all and do stuff like that in hopes it makes me better.

As a player the only reason why I don't like voice RP is because I have a lisp and the few times I did hear myself talk (last I did hear this was 3~ years ago) I would sound like a girl oddly enough I do enjoy playing girls in games but I don't like the idea of voice acting and hearing others do it makes me feel really uncomfortable.
>>
>>52280904
I see. Perhaps reading fictions with non-bland male protagonist may help you to develop your male roleplaying options.
>>
>>52280676
My GM tries to do this with pony stuff and I don't say anything because it would probably destroy the game if he knew I knew
We're currently playing a deponyed pony RPG and credit to him, he is really good at deponying stuff on the fly and trying to make setting details sound innocuous
Aside from me one other player knows for sure and I'm pretty certain that another player has also worked it out
>>
File: 1303600710644.jpg (371KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1303600710644.jpg
371KB, 1024x768px
>>52281099
My players aren't the kind to be quite about stuff like that AND if they did know, they would have solved so many more puzzles/mystery than they have. I would actually be ecstatic if my players did read Homestuck, as that would mean I now have IRL people to talk to about Homestuck.
>>
Whenever I GM I just throw the encounters and whatnot for the day's session together roughly an hour before it starts. I feel awful about it but my players seem to enjoy it
>>
>>52281374
One of my GM was good at improvising stuff and made good sessions without any preparation beforehand.
As a GM you win when your players enjoy the game you masters.
>>
>>52282389
Relax kid, it's a quote from the scene.
>>
>>52282405
So Samurai Jack has been infected with the libcuck taint? Is nothing safe?
>>
>>52263255
yes
>>
>>52282685
>Is nothing safe?
This space.
>>
>>52282685
It's a comedic scene, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFpS0OG6HfY
>>
I have stuff to run a campaign irl but I only have 2 friends and don't think that is enough people for it to be fun. They expressed interest though.
I have only ever played play by post. I really want to play over voice chat but I am incredibly nervous about people hearing my voice and treating me differently. I just want to have fun.
I want to try live text at least but I am a nervous person and am afraid I would flake out. My schedule is also super volatile. I wish I wasn't so afraid to talk to people and get myself more immersed in the hobby. I know I'm funny and creative but I have these anxious mental blocks that stop me from putting myself out there.
On a lighter note I think LARP is cool and would blow all my money on armor if I could.
>>
>>52282685
>libcuck taint
>infected
>nothing is safe

Being a little over the top there, snowflake.

Have you tried just not getting triggered by shit? Does wonders for personal health and happiness.
>>
OP here.
Damn didn't know you bastards had so much on your chests.
And for the /pol/tards who missed the Aku joke- fuck off and die.
Everyone else-
Y'ALL NEED JESUS
>>
>>52283000
Jesus is a gamer? is he looking for a group? Does he play anything OTHER then clerics?
>>
File: laughing seth rollins.jpg (64KB, 981x604px) Image search: [Google]
laughing seth rollins.jpg
64KB, 981x604px
>>52282685
Congrats on being triggered easier than the liberals on my campus, and someone sent them a fucking bomb threat
>>
Im nit vey good at iptinizing but i stikk get frustrated when soneone else in my party optimizes better than me at what im here to do. Leave me my slightly crooked run and slash build! Im the melee slaughterhouse! Im the steal guy! ME!

Also: I don't interupt other players when i think they're being dumb because i worry they're gonna get mad, then i get upset that we wasted an entire session on information i could have gotten my hands on in two seconds. Then when i get tired of it and try to do things right, i end up dominating an entire session and screwing everyone else over, instead of working with the party like i know i should.
>>
>>52283063
>Jesus
>Cleric

Nah, Jesus plays a Dwarf Oracle.
>>
>>52281296
Man, what is even the appeal of Homestuck? I read through (I think) Act 4 and just did not get it.
>>
>>52283136

The characters and mystery can be engaging, but eventually i find you read a point where you just stop caring because of all the pointless bullshit
>>
>>52283000
We wouldn't be on 4chan if we hadn't a bunch on our chests.
>>52283063
He is a DMPC expert(carpenter). DM made him put ranks in Knowledge(religion), Diplomacy and Sense Motive, and a fuckton of spell-like abilities but all he wanted was to max out his Profession(Kebab restaurant owner) to provide god-tier food at his friends' parties.
Damn DM.
>>
>>52283241

>DMPC
>Having desires other than the DM's wish fulfillment

?????
>>
>>52283136

I read through the entire thing and I don't have a fucking clue. The ending doesn't seem to have resolved anything either. The cycle of feeding entire universes to Paradox Space continues unbroken.
>>
>>52283292

Paradox space is how universes propogate. The only reason the two in the comic got destroyed is because of Lord English.

That said, i fucking hate the ending, because we don't actually get to see any of the truly final fights.
>>
>>52283290
Yes, what if the NPC and DMPC had theur own personnality, but where compelled to act in whatever ways the DM wishes, independantly of their true will?
>>
>>52283566

Sure. Hey, ehat if the mini had a third will? And the character sheet a fourth?

Regardless, you're imagining a dmpc that ISN'T a sitty self insert. What world do you live in?
>>
>>52262681
My store has reached critical BO levels. As soon as you walk in, the tangy, nerd based musk hits you square in the nose.

Something needs to be done about it but, it's really hard to bring that up to the owner even if he is an okay guy
>>
>>52279074
Me too
>>
I think beastfolk races are rad. I swear I'm not a furry.
>>
File: 1489621526167.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489621526167.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
I have only played D&D and one session of a Jojo TRPG. I don't know when/if I'll play anything else. I have the Kamigakari pdf on my laptop but I still need to read it, if I like it I'll have to convince my friends to read it and play it.

I haven't played more than 10-15 sessions of D&D since I started 5-6 years ago. I'm trying to get into more games despite the horrors that are some of my friends and some of the people who play at my college.

As a player I lose interest in the games and am often the first player to move to a more comfortable chair/couch. I haven't worked on this, I showed my friends memes in the middle of combat during the Jojo game last Saturday. I'm sorry Marc.

As a player I'm deeply rooted in the mindset of power fantasy, I want to leave it but I don't have much interest in building a character for narrative or other purposes. I hate it when my character, and by extension me, fails a check or save. I dislike the randomness of dice so I've started to working to learn 5E better so I can make stronger stat blocks to play.

As a GM I have attempted to run a game twice. I didn't do any good planning either times and ended up running little more than mediocre combat against humans the first time and goblins the second. I'll see if I can do the research and the prep without procrastinating next time. I hope I become a good GM so that my players can have fun, which should make it even more fun for me.

While running my first game one player insisted I roll for random encounters. I had them run across an unarmed and explicitly harmless man who made a big show about threatening them for all their money and belongings. When they killed him I got back at them by telling them that his daughter had been hiding in a nearby building, watching 4 adventurers murder her father. I worked and succeeded in making them all feel bad about it.

I played a non-human once, it wasn't terrible but I have no interest in doing it again.

I'm a weeb.
>>
>>52284223
Damn, I didn't realize that image was 1920x1080.
>>
>>52262681
I've been learning how to draw for about a year now and it's because you fa/tg/uys made me realize I have a thing for girls with horns, and I want to draw them being all sexy like. I'm also using that as an excuse to write a grimdark-comedy comic that will totally be a thing someday, and all of my ideas come from 'that guy' threads. I'm human waste, make fun of me.
>>
>>52283686
If he's really okay, you can definitely talk to him about putting up a rule about B.O. stank.
>>
>>52284123
Same here. It's actually kinda irritating when people on both sides of the "debate"/flame war assume you're a furry because you're playing a beast/monster. Like, you're not a mouthbreathing diaper into cartoons and down to yiff, but you're also not going to judge the non-insane furries.
>>
>>52283136
I liked the time travel shit, honestly, and the peculiar self-consistency with it throughout the setting. The class/aspect system is pretty intriguing too- a Seer of Mind, for example, ends up making real changes throughout the setting because their Class- an information-gathering one- and her Aspect- Pure logic and cause and effect- allows her to determine the future depending on the result of a single action.
>>
>>52284253
No. You are doing something worthwhile, if only for a very few people. Your knowledge of anatomy will be good, and your drawing will improve faster than others' will because of it. You have chosen a worthy artistic path, and you will do moderately well if you keep to it. Girls with horns are a sign of excellent taste, whether or not they have chromatically weird skin. Lastly, your choice of tone for the comic you plan is a good one, provided of course you know how to restrain yourself and not go overboard. You will do well, and I will not belittle you. I will instead praise you!
>>
>>52269955
>Triple dubs.
Checked fampai

Try online play. It might be better than you are cuttently playing
>>
>>52262681
I keep letting my autism slip out. Everyone kept calling My Imperial Guard Astra Militarum then I would look at them blankly and say Imperial Gaurd. Same with Stormtoopers
>>
File: 2017-03-02.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-02.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>52265993
>>52266301
Cardbased instead of dice.
>I fukken like this idea sempai.
>Bless us with your genious.
>>
>>52263658
What about diesel punk?
>>
File: 1455759144454.gif (2MB, 294x232px) Image search: [Google]
1455759144454.gif
2MB, 294x232px
I have a confession. I really fucking hate playing evil characters. Closest I can get without feeling bad is a pragmatic hardass.

>mfw I'm playing an evil campaign at the moment and think everyone else is having a real good time, so I don't want to flake out, but I leave every session feeling miserable because we're too much of the baddies and my character is just a gunslinger in a world of a shit-ton of magic and dark clerics
>mfw none of the other PC's like my dude anyway because I'm trying to play him like you might a lawful evil monk or something, and they're stopping even the slightest amount of good from happening

Feels legit bad man. I'm glad at least my other campaign with them I get to play the good guy.
>>
>>52262681
I have a learning disorder and require near constant emotional support to function on a Jorma level. I'very become my group's foreverGM, but they're almost all really lazy or inattentive players. They're my friends, but it makes me crazy to try to get them invested in anything. I'm not equipped to be the one herding cats.
>>
I have been a DM for a relatively short time. I DM for me and my friends just out of High School, but I don't know if I am doing my job as a DM right or not. I ask what they think of the sessions I run, and they say they like them, but I don't feel like I learn anything from their feedback. I don't know if they are just pulling their punches because we are friends, or if they are genuine; it makes me paranoid.

I add and take away stuff, I try and make sure there is an even balance between the main aspects of an RPG, I have a story that I think is going to knock their socks off, but the feedback is always the same.

I am afraid of taking their compliments, because I don't want to get my head up my ass and think I am all that if they only tell me those compliments for my sake.

I have anxiety lately because life issues may just screw everything up, I may never finish the campaign I have spent so long concocting for them, and I may never see any of them ever again.

On the upside, whenever I DM for them, and they are 100% enjoying what I have made for them, it is one of the absolutely best feelings of friendship I have ever had, and all of these problems of mine feel irrelevant in the moment.
>>
For some reason I've always enjoyed playing as women in sci-fi or fantasy settings. I've always thought it was cooler than defaulting to manly man. So I play Amazons in Blood Bowl.

And I want to do a Space Wolves army full of women led by Boudicca.
>>
>>52283686
oh god, there used to be a game store in my area that was opened simply because the owner's wife wouldn't let her husband's foul smelling,magic playing, friends in the house anymore unless they showered. Opening a gaming store was easier then getting his friends to use soap, apparently. It moved like 4 times before it closed for good, because they couldn't get the stink out of the walls.
>>
File: Educatuon.png (4MB, 1914x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Educatuon.png
4MB, 1914x1048px
>>52271366
I have thrown both fire-retardant trolls and gas-trolls that explodes vilently upon contact with fire, at my players.

The trick to avoiding metagaming is to use non-template monsters and maybe some imagination.
>>
>>52271366
I always tell my players they can set trolls on fire. The challenge lies in figuring out how, since making a fire takes time. So depending on the dungeon/wilderness, they've got to either lead the troll on a merry chase as a distraction, or use one of the sources of fire nearby. Works pretty well I think.

>>52280676
>Spoiler
Same. I used to be really into the comic back in 2013 but now it's dead to me.
I still care about all the plot and lore and characters though, and I like to have them show up in my game once they've been reworked to fit.
All these ideas deserved better and I feel like I'm salvaging them. It's a good, healing kind of feel.
>>
File: 1467277056718.jpg (38KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1467277056718.jpg
38KB, 637x476px
>>52268186
old post but god fucking bless you

the obsession with lesbians that /tg/ types have is only made worse by the fact that it's underage lesbians that they prefer

the way it's slapped its crusty ass dickall over the mahou shoujo scene as a whole is fucking gross
>>
File: 1472437985830.png (886KB, 590x816px) Image search: [Google]
1472437985830.png
886KB, 590x816px
>>52285136
Same, anon. If I get to play a character with great power, it feels bad to use it ENTIRELY for themselves. Even if they're neutral, not being dedicated to something, whether it be a kingdom, family, or friends, feels wrong, or at least not nearly as fun as just doing good.
>>
>>52262681
I am running a campaign which is probably the longest running and most stable that my group of players has had during our time of playing 5E.

After almost every session, my players praise me for my DMing and have no real complaints.

While I appreciate the thought, the only thing I can think of while receiving these compliments is that I'll end up as our group's next foreverDM as after about five play sessions, we are only through about one third of the first part of my campaign.
>>
I hate that so many /tg/ people can't take care of themselves and are full autistic. I hate normies for being fake and boring. Why can't everyone be a cyborg like me and be able to talk about MLB pitchers and televison as well as DnD or 40k lore or anything nerdy.
>>
File: 1460205015051.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1460205015051.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
everytime i try to join a campaign or do something with my live something bad happens

im waiting to die in a freak accident at this point
>>
>>52262681
I realized that I enjoy ForeverDMing.
SEND HELP
>>
File: apathetic princess.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
apathetic princess.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>52267952
I feel this one worst of all. It extends to and surpasses /tg/ shit. I hate nearly everything I'm good at, am embarrassed about the few things I am good at (none of which are useful or practical for everyday life in any way), and am completely inept at everything I've ever enjoyed no matter how hard I study/practice/etc.

I never feel suicidal, but I just feel empty. I should probably see a therapist, but I can't see that happening at all in the near future.
>>
>>52285528
>I will take monsters that are renowned in the reality of the character and punish my players instead of talking to them about 'metagame' or solve the issue by telling them straight up that monster will be different in the game than they normally are
>>
>>52285827
>tfw enjoy game dev
>stuck using game maker and doing the simplest modding/romhacking shit ever
>can't finish a single game

>tfw enjoy writing and roleplaying
>don't want to do it in my native language because it's a lot more awkward than english, not skilled enough to do it in english
>can't finish any 1 on 1 roleplays, haven't even started a campaign

>tfw enjoy life
>stuck being the missing link between normies and spergs
>can't get anything done as a student or intern, will most likely not get my diploma, looks like none of my life plans are going to work out

it's the worst feeling

i think it might be a form of depression. it's definitely got something to do with executive dysfunction.
>>
>>52285716
Because sports are trash.
>>
>>52286076
Not him, but I don't think it's wrong to get excited watching sweaty men kicking a bouncy ball. A lot of us get excited tossing bouncy dice around to determine the fate of imaginary sweaty men waving swords around. And we all make excited noises when the bouncy thing lands in the right way.

I guess the sports lobby is pretty fucking shitty though.
>>
>>52267735
>>52267834
>>52268018
mfw trigger reactionaries wherever I go and spend my RPs playing pseudo-Marxist characters no matter what
>>
>>52262997
same here, gaming is boring, i just like the fluff
>>
>>52262997
This except I actually want to play I just have no friends
>>
I spent my whole life trying to hang on to the same group of friends, and we all are really close so a few years back we all tried to learn D&D together, and I was the GM.

They barely ever worked together, often did other things during the game (roll20) and inevitably the game broke apart due to infighting and apathy on there part.

I then got out of the military and came home, it had been months and they only came to visit me once, after I spent years blowing off hanging out with the guys and bars to run games or play xbox with these guys, and maintain all our friendships. I am a five minute car drive away.

I didn't realize how shitty people they were until the one buddy who stuck out the game invited me to a shop we went to for D&D, and after playing AL there a few weeks I got invited to their personal games, we all really hit it off.

Now I can FINALLY play (4 different games, all tons of fun!) AND I run a game at one of their houses, Fridays from midnight to 4am, and nobody has bailed. But now, I don't go to my old friends place much anymore, and when I do, all they do is xbox and work. If I don't visit I hardly ever hear from them anymore.

Now I wonder if these friends I had since elementary school really were worth all the effort I put in to hang onto them, because I really believed, deeply, in our friendship.
It's coming up to a year since I got back now, and they still haven't be over inside, except that once. Meanwhile a friend at my new group bought me a $60 videogame so we could play together.

It's an aching pain /tg/
>>
>>52285185
Try watching various webshows that play D&D, you'll pick up a few tricks. Playing with other DMs helps too.
The popular show right now is Critical Role, and I've enjoyed it a lot, though there are some cringe moments.
>>
File: 1283691362728.jpg (233KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1283691362728.jpg
233KB, 500x498px
>>52286125

mfw I am not any of the guys you are talking to, but a vocal Trump supporter in a group of Bernie fans

mfw I play a Bard who is trying to get a revolution started and steals ideas heavily from various commie uprisings, NE, who nevertheless fully supports his comrades in arms, while angling for massive amounts of personal power

mfw they are unsure about my alignment and visibly confused why I play the way I do until I horribly murder someone, except for the GM, who sees all the shit I pull behind the scenes
>>
File: IMG_0790.jpg (24KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0790.jpg
24KB, 480x436px
I play many games, and even dabble in designing games of my own. The problem is I suck at most games (I'm looking at you, Warmachine) and lack much creativity beyond rulesmaking. I would ask others for help, but I'm too paranoid about losing my ideas to soneone else.
>>
File: 1485706475476.jpg (41KB, 684x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1485706475476.jpg
41KB, 684x1100px
>>52286542
I feel you, anon.
I feel you deep.
t. first year university student who's slowly realising how all of his school friends are actually total cunts
sometimes I worry I'll never actually find someone who gets me and is into the same shit as I am
It's a terrible night for rain.
>>
>>52286731

Time burns away the friendships that weren't worth having. I was very close with my original group in my teens, but as time's gone on I only keep in contact with three of them, and only one (my best friend) is frequent. Meanwhile I'm regularly travelling to another city every weekend to go play with my buddies from university.
>>
There are two people in my gaming group that I just hate. I've never expressed this to them and I never intend to, I'll just sit there with my upset feelings until the group eventually dissolves or until some other force takes them away and out of this one aspect of my life.

I can at least take solace in the fact that one of them is such a That Guy that if they don't get kicked out and/or driven away then they'll probably throw a tantrum and storm out on their own.
>>
>>52286837
>>52286731

Addendum; you're at university anon, you've got way more chance of finding people like you than outside. Just gotta look.
>>
File: 1486332830324.png (729KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486332830324.png
729KB, 633x758px
>>52286837
That's what I'm telling myself, anon. My uni friends seem pretty great and chill.
god, fuck private schools
>>
>>52262681
I dropped out of my gaming group because D&D was starting to feel like a job. I just want to relax on my weekends.
>>
>>52286731
>>52286837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtKs1m_SQgg

Have some lyrically fitting music.

And a link to a good thread to lift your spirits: >>52273936
>>
>>52286713
Here's how I got over this issue: I realized ideas are worthless. Everyone has a billion ideas clogging up their brains, they don't need other people's. In the end only execution matters.
>>
File: 1475671684082.jpg (77KB, 331x322px) Image search: [Google]
1475671684082.jpg
77KB, 331x322px
>>52286919
Thanks, anon.
And in the spirit of that thread, thanks, /tg/. You helped me through some pretty shitty years.
Godspeed, you magnificent bastards.
>>
>>52286968
This anon gets it. I'm doing a writing course for uni now, and I can tell you truthfully, the most important thing I've learned so far is nothing, NOTHING, matters more than just getting your ideas down onto paper (literal or figurative) before you forget them. That's the most important thing, you can worry about how dumb or derivative the idea is later. Usually after someone else criticizes you for it, but if they do, then take what you have learned and improve.

I believe in you anon. You can do it.
>>
>>52287033
>just getting your ideas down onto paper (literal or figurative) before you forget them
That's funny, I find that doing so makes me forget about them totally, while not writing them down keeps them percolating in my head.
>>
>>52286997
This image is the closest one I have to illustrating my feelings right now.

It feels great knowing I actually helped cheer someone up.

Godspeed to you too, anon. May all your games be good ones.
>>
>>52287080
Yours too, anon.
>>
my old group is super sjw.

I moved far away a while ago, but still see their facebook posts.

-one said he should send a letter to our prime minister after T-man got elected in the states, begging him

-The other made a public post apologizing in advance if they mess up peoples chosen pronouns.

but FUUUUCK, it sucks no longer having a group after I moved. I'd take them all back.
>>
>>52262681
I barely know what to ask or to engage in any conversation for roleplaying purposes despite having high charisma since everybody is doing all the talking

i usually never paid attention to what's going on with the plot and only really started playing when there is an encounter

I always forgot the rules of the game each week and probably cheated accidentally in many occasions
>>
>>52287132

>one said he should send a letter to our prime minister after T-man got elected in the states, begging him

Begging him for what?
>>
>>52268016
I'll stick my dick in that all day long.
>>
>>52275212
In college a great game of nWoD: Changeling died a violent death when my GM attacked me at a party. After I defended myself the other two players and I took a walk to calm down.

Sad part was, they both agreed that I was in the right.

Fuck, that was a great game. GM did voices and everything too.
>>
>>52282685
/pol/ is safe. I suggest you go back there. I'll even help you out with a link.
>>/pol/
>>
>>52263881
kill him
>>
[Spoiler]My current game, the one I'm dming, exists solely because I want to give my PC from my previous gave a satisfactory ending. I say it's a different continuity, but it isn't.

Why the fuck did you have to keep humoring you asshole friend when he was a shit player, former GM?[/Spoiler]
>>
>>52287132
Woah, that's pretty mild. Not what I'd call "super SJW", they sound like the awkward, slightly irritating but well meaning side of the movement.

Long after we stopped keeping in touch, one of the players from my old group turned into a trigender faekin tag-it-all-just-in-case-it's-a-trigger weirdo, and another acquaintance (a guy who I had only considered inviting into my group, but that didn't happen for unrelated reasons) went full "if you think it's a nazi, kill it" blood cultist. Feels bad man. It hurts even more because I even though I stay away from SJ, I'm pretty damn left wing, and it's hard to see people who should be on your side turn into batshit parodies of your beliefs
>>
>>52285992
>I'll cry like a bitch when my metagaming gets punished after whining about how little I care I'm metagaming
>>
>>52266910
Maybe consider DM-ing or playing online. Especially if it's a text based game. I have no idea how bad your anxiety is, but that was a lot easier for me.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.