[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 65

File: Fresh as Fuck.jpg (20KB, 174x217px) Image search: [Google]
Fresh as Fuck.jpg
20KB, 174x217px
Rolled 24 (1d26)

Reformed Pasta edition
Land's Graviton Raider subedition

Backwards hands, assassins when? Angelus seminar, salty Tau,10,000 dudes is not enough to take a planet. Leman is a special boy. And a hell of a load of people checked how awesome various HH pictures were. Newfags, Newfags errywhere. No 30k xenos ever >>52219228

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The+Horus+Heresy+2+-+Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
>>52231260
First for Leman being more autistic than Dorn and the Lion
>>
Fuck, always somebody manages to get a new thread up as I'm about to post mine. Shouldn't spend so much time on my summaries.
>>
>>52231278
You say that, but what you mean is that you like Russ less than those two.
>>
Hey, I made it into the summary. That never happens. Yey.

>>52231304

What was your summary? Always really nice to read those, for some reason.
>>
>>52231278
Even my dog is better at judging people's mood than me and Leman Russ
>>
>>52231385
>I have no idea what I'm doing edition
>Warp be crazy; Custodes HQ only wear capes and nothing else at all, nothing at all, nothing at all...; X marks the aquila; blackshields = deathwatch?; my favorite thing is best thing; ya'll cowards need to post more models; ignore Goldie fluff, hide Goldie fluff; Angelus will keep /hhg/ great; battle-brothers don't leave battle-brothers hanging; this is 40k General, right?; HH seminars on youtube; I give this summary an awesome score of 27,5%. More at >>52219228
>>
Which legion/30k faction do you feel is most OP in the current game?
>>
>>52231440
Nightlords

I hope they get nerfed in Angelus
>>
>>52231460
Is it the talent for murder or the 5+ cover on first turn? Overall their units and ROW aren't great compared to others. Unless you just hate their fluff which is understandable.
>>
>>52231500
He was joking, TSons are pretty strong, but only OP if you go balls-to-the-wall with them, but then so are IWs.
>>
>>52231536
The problem with 1kson is that they are a psyker focused legion in a game with very little anti-psyker

It's like if nobody else could attack in melee WE would be OP
>>
>>52231720
Lascannon to the face is pretty effective anti-psyker in my experience. Can't do psyker BS when they're dead now can they :^)
>>
>>52231720
I mean, SoS exist.
>>
>>52231870
And what do traitors do? Also allying in SoS is a cop out we have 17 legions that have never required anyone to change their list but because of 1ksons we all have to ally In some hooter hitches or else you stand no chance
>>
>>52232010
>being traitors
>auto assuming you're going to lose because the TSon player paid 100s of points for a few mastery levels.
>>
File: Gaddafi Confused at Computer.jpg (136KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
Gaddafi Confused at Computer.jpg
136KB, 456x337px
Something I saw in another thread got me wondering. The rules all speak of Flying MC's in the singular. What happens when a squadron of Flying Monstrous Creatures gets shot and has to take a grounding test? Do all the members of the squad have to take a test, or just one? Can you down an entire squadron with one lucky shot? If not, and it's only one, what happens to the MC when it's grounded and the others are not? Can you only assault the one that fell over? Can it pivot and redirect the entire squad when transitioning from glide to swoop? I think I'm catching a case of the retard.

See, normally this is a moot point because until now, there has never been a Flying Monstrous Creature squadron, not even for Tyranids. But the Vultarax Stratos-Automata can be taken in squads of three...
>>
>>52232080
My guess is one goes down, similar to if a vehicle squadron loses one to Immobilize.
>>
>>52232010
See, thousand sons by themselves have enough drawbacks to be balanced-cost for a praetor with mastery levels, negatives to leadership without ICs, pinning from perils-but none of that matters when Magnus takes the field since he will never die so that problem will never occur, he improves their leadership by existing and he can cast without basically ever taking perils, meaning that all the 1ksons balances are ignored. Magnus needs to be warhound-tier in cost and then maybe he'll be balanced
>>52232080
I would take the grounding test per model, and if it does get grounded then detach it. Something worth emailing FW about
>>
>>52232010
Template them. Full psychic retard TS force is still infantry and still dies to same anti infantry shit.

Also flyer spams just shits on that kind of lists
>>
I want a playable Rangdan army. Guys were hardcore and we know nothing about them.
>>
>>52232154
Well a FMC that gets grounded can swoop again on its turn. It's only an issue if it gets charged, in which case it ought to disengage from its squad
>>
>>52232283

There's no rule precedent that says a squad can split like that. In fact, the closest precedent we have is >>52232109, where an immobilized vehicle will count as destroyed, which means there's a 33% chance to instantly kill a vultarax if the squad takes at least one wound.
>>
>>52232080

This is why you never take squadrons if you can help it.
>>
>>52232283
>>52232301
You can charge one model, the model is part of the unit, therefore you have charged the unit.
Making them squadrons was a mistake.
>>
>>52232398

So the other two cease Swooping and suddenly transition to Glide?
>>
File: Sad Collage.jpg (141KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Collage.jpg
141KB, 563x364px
>>52232356

I think taking them in squadrons would be good, because it guarantees one popped spartan a turn, and you can shell whatever the fuck was inside without losing any efficiency. But this whole FMC Grounding problem is really making me wonder.
>>
>>52232193

They're the Slaugth from FFG RPGs allied with another species called the Khrave which ate bone marrow.
>>
>>52232437

If you want to follow the chain of technicalities, they're locked in combat because the unit as a whole is, and will have to change modes because they can't move at the next opportunity.

Swooping models can't be charged, but the model that was charged wasn't swooping.
>>
>>52231428
>blackshields = deathwatch?
i already regret asking that
>>
>>52232738

But there's no rules for a squad that's half Swooping, half Gliding. The two have never mixed before until now. Can you charge a mixed squad like that?
>>
>>52233028

There are rules for it: namely, they must stay in coherency and their maneuverability is restricted to that of the slowest member.
>>
>>52233048
Yes, but are they thrown into Glide the moment the Grounded model is charged, or at the start of their next turn? Are they forced to take part in the combat from the first blow, or do they get to dictate their involvement until later? And if they aren't forced into the combat (and would be forced to Glide at the start of their next turn) and the Grounded model dies, are they still forced to change modes?
>>
>>52232010

I ran white scars bike list with two Knights at 3000 points and I still outnumbered my TS opponent

Suffice it to say that they pay out the fucking ass for mastery
>>
>>52233242
But did you win though anon.
>>
The Rangdan are described as being capable of infesting planets, being something more difficult than the sporks to remove after fungal growth all over planets.

Supposedly they also had advanced technologies.

In other news, does anyone know where it is hinted that the Tyranids where fleeing from some intergalactic threat?
>>
Is there any generic RoW that focuses on footslogging PA infantry?
>>
>>52231278
As much as I hate Leman- no one is more autistic than the lion
>>
>>52233592
No generic ones, sadly. Legions like the Death Guard and World Eaters have rites that support footsloggers, but none are generic. Blackshields can kinda do it, but they're a seperate army, not a legion. What legion are you doing?
>>
so are blackshields a viable thing?
>>
SoH. I was planning to add a bit of AdMech I have, but sadly the Long March prohibits ally.
>>
Holy fuck why are Blood Angels so popular?
>>
>>52233996
Someone botted the poll
>>
>>52233996
IN terms of armies I encounter, alpha legion seem to be the most popular

It's spooky
>>
>>52233516
It was in a fluff bit from one of the old codices where a Magos was speculating on why the Nids had crossed the void between galaxies.

It think it might have been the same Magos who was chastised for trying to claim every odd xenos beast was a Tyranid organism.
>>
>>52234280
Mary sues are always popular.

>hurr muh legion is sekret loyalists with lots of primarch clones and make up all other factions and have lots of OP deus ex machina assets and gambits going on all the time.
>>
File: 1245101372874.jpg (24KB, 626x378px) Image search: [Google]
1245101372874.jpg
24KB, 626x378px
>>52233516
>>52234307
>>
>>52234406
>Nids are running from Orks
>We wuz Bosses 'n shiet logic
>>
>>52234406
>Implying orks will ever be relevant
>>
>>52234444

>Calth
>the Beast
>Armageddon
>Crimson Fists battle
>>
>>52234470
>what did orks do at calth?
>died to the imperium at its weakest
>lost once already, will lose again
>failed to wipe out a single chapter

Not looking so good.
>>
>>52234520

>phantom Ork force forced greatest legion to march to its execution grounds

The rest are self explanatory and disprove your point quite effectively. Nevermind how the super ork horde coming out of that nasty fight with the Tyranids are obviously going to come crashing down on whats left of the Cadian sector looking for a fight with Abaddon's Black Crusade.
>>
>>52234545
Not like it matters. If one NPC race takes out the other, then they just be extra chaff for the imperium or chaos to wipe out later. GW already said that chaos is the true threat.

not that I like it, but they were pretty clear
>>
>>52234590

>not like it matters but let me just move this goal post a bit not like it matters but I moved it over here
>>
>>52234608

>>52234608
You haven't proven they are relevant. They get destroyed at every major engagement. They win a few battles, but they never win the war. They lost while at their strongest historically, to the imperium at it's weakest. Fucking tau have made more gains.
>>
>>52234654

I guess Horus wasn't relevant to you either.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 301x267px
>>52232080
The single model takes a grounding test, and that single model can be assaulted. As long as it remains in coherency it doesn't auto-die, but only it swings in the combat, the other two cannot swing or strike blows just as if they were outside of 2" in an assault or challenge. The important thing here is that the 7th brb does include stuff for the edge case of 'models unable to fight' it's just so damn rare that only hordeguard players and turboautists know about them
>>
>>52234675
Horus actually crippled the Imperium with his actions. He ultimately failed, but he got shit done. And even with that crippled imperium, the orks couldn't finish the job. In fact, after the Beast came through, they started up the forges of war and became the imperium we now know. Add in a little Goge Vandire and boom, you have your modern imperium. I guess you could call the Beast relevant in that his failure created a stronger imperium than before.
>>
File: IMG_1584.jpg (73KB, 720x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1584.jpg
73KB, 720x530px
>>52234590
>npc race
>fully playable army with decades of codex support, fluff and models

I guess everyone except the ultramarines are an npc race because they only serve to hold the line for/be shot by the blue man group
>>
>>52234889
Now you get it!
>>
File: images (27).jpg (15KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
15KB, 350x420px
Cameloline can be put on more than just cloaks right?

Was thinking of doing my Recon squads power armour like this instead of giving them cloaks.
>>
>>52232080
>Can it pivot and redirect the entire squad when transitioning from glide to swoop?

I like the mental image of a bunch of flying robots just u-turning at ludicrous speeds because one of them fell over.
>>
>>52233130
swooping MCs are only forbidden from charging/being charged.
If they do end up in combat (through this loophole) they will act as normal. So they will fight and can be attacked.
If the combat doesn't have somone killed or falling back they'll have to stay put as any other engaged unit would, regardless of if the grounded mini survives or not.
>>
>>52235006
I don't see why not. Are you doing to do just the armor plates or the cloth as well?
>>
File: Regimental Doctrines 3.png (40KB, 254x148px) Image search: [Google]
Regimental Doctrines 3.png
40KB, 254x148px
>>52235006
This is in fact straight Codex canon.
>>
File: beast series.jpg (86KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
beast series.jpg
86KB, 564x752px
>>52234545
>>phantom Ork
You can kill Blackfang, murder Urlakk, slaughter the Beast... Burn all Ullanor down, and it still won't bring Emps back. Him, or any of the Primarchs. And that was our business. Waaaagh. We bought our daily fungus with teef earned for killing. Maybe us getting killed was just balancing the scales.
You know, Ullanor was never the heaven we wanted it to be, but I was still happy to have warred with everyone there. It was such a short time. Such a hypocritical fight. But while I was on Ullanor, I was happy. So I hope I'm not the only one who looks back on those days with happiness.
There's little to remember other than hatred and rage... But of course, this is you, thinking orks think in Gothic. It is no mystery now. I am just a phantom, a fragment of the mind you have lost. The real me died a long time ago.
But even so... more so... I can tell you what you are really feeling. The real emotion that is locked away at the bottom of your hearts. Let it fly out. Let it guide you. Make war. I think it's my job to tell you that... That is why I exist.
So this tape is the last one. Once you are done listening to it, I am one phantom limb that will be gone for good. My flesh, my bones, joining the marmol on the parade boulevard. But do not forget... As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not a phantom limb, or a phantom anything. As part of your hearts. I will always be your angel of doom. So I know exactly how to finish.
Say Waaagh!
>>
Do you guys know any huge sword bits? Bigger than average chainsword/power sword, preferably without specific legion/chapter symbol.
>>
>>52236374
Nice try. You won't get your paragon blades easily.
>>
>>52236374
The Tartaros terminator sword looks pretty good.
>>
>>52236374
FW Legion Praetor swords?
>>
>>52236470
Hmm. Anyone know how bigger the terminator hand is than PA marine one?
>>
Anyone run Master of Signal with Rapiers by any chance? Do you join MoS with Rapiers for BS+1, or let MoS join other squad and deploy somewhere else for better LoS?
>>
>>52236470
i used the cataphractii terminator sword for my librarian, chopped the handle off and pinned it to a regular hand, the termie hand will look significantly too large
>>
>>52230775

The Fall was always prior to the Great Crusade and still is. The Fall is when the Eldar become decadent - their psychic exposure to the Warp creates Slaanesh, but Slaanesh was never, ever, even from RT-era fluff, born until the end of the Age of Strife - the Warp storms that were created before then were all "blown away" by Slaanesh being fully born.

If you want to think of it in sane terms, psychic energy buildup caused the Warp storms, Slaanesh coming to awareness/being born created a focal sink for that energy (the souls of Eldar), meaning it couldn't cause excess Warp storm activity any more.

And also the Eye of Terror was blasted into reality, which would have severely relieved the 'pressure', since we're mixing metaphors anyway.
>>
>>52235856
armour plates and cloth.
but probably leave some of the smaller details like inner joints or bare metal sections of bolters in dull plain colours.

I'd basically features to be somewhat still distinct for aesthetic purposes.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_044437.jpg (100KB, 843x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_044437.jpg
100KB, 843x518px
So, I gotta say that I really like how warp talon lightning claws look on MKIV armor. Sadly as NL, I don't think I'll ever be using them because of Chainglaives, though shred is nice.

Also I'm still having fun with magnets

>Brother, watch how fast I run!
>Sir, that's a ridiculous pose
>No it's not. I've seen the picts of master Naar'toh. He's really fast!
>>
File: 25.jpg (30KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
30KB, 600x530px
>>52236374

I got you Senpai
>>
>>52237098
That's a dreadknight sword isn't it?
>>
>>52237111

That thing is too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough.
>>
>>52237126
It's sword-like, so that's all they need for it to be a sword. Space marines use flags as melee weapons.
>>
>>52237126

Indeed. It's more of a heap of raw adamantium.
>>
File: 1478669720335.png (297KB, 471x556px) Image search: [Google]
1478669720335.png
297KB, 471x556px
>80 replies
>no DG anon progress report

Is he dead?
>>
>>52236862
Now he just looks like he's pelvic thrusting. While creepily staring his brother in the eye.
>>
>>52236862
>I am the Night Lord... of the Dance
>>
File: Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds2.jpg (194KB, 674x704px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds2.jpg
194KB, 674x704px
>>52232010
Choke those psyker fuckheads with phosphex
>>
>>52232010
But anon, traitors have a great, cost-effec-pfahahaha.

Ahem.

Traitors have a great, cost-effective counter to psykers in the mhara ga-pfftheheheheh.

I can do this. I can do this.

Right. Here goes. Traitors have a great, cost-effective counter to psykers in the mhara gal dreadnought, so I don't see what the problem is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
So what're the Mechanicum Custodes counters? May well be playing them today, so I was wondering what the hell to bring since I haven't exactly read their army list in detail. I presume Intercepting Artillery is as helpful as ever? Don't have many bloops, so not worrying much about the Instant Death brigade. Apparently it's a 4k doubles match, me and Death Guard vs Custodes and Custodes because they want to test their new armies out.
>>
Didn't WB have anti-Psyker RoW or something?
>>
Getting some tamiya clear red for an AoS scheme but also considering a thin layer over my thousand sons just to lend the armour a deeper red since it's a little flat. They are mephiston red with an evil suns highlight. Will probably test it out but does anyone have any experience with it over a non metallic surface?
>>
Word Bearers are my favorite legion and I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and dive into playing 30k.

Anything I need to know about playing them / building a list for them?
>>
File: Umbra Sumus.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Umbra Sumus.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>52235006
Read pdf related. They put cameleoline paint on their armour, be it power armour or carapace. Sure it doesn't make the giant killing machine invisible, but he blend in shadows more easily.

And just the fact that the novel is great should make it a must read.
>>
>>52237629
They can't be loyalists. That's about it.
>>
>>52237629
Erebus (almost) a must for Legion restriction reason I heard.
>>
Why a Reaver so fucking shit damn it.
Why a Reaver look so awesome damn it
>>
>>52237747
>Why a Reaver so fucking shit damn it.
Vets got buffed so now they can't compare.
>>
Sorry for being 40kid - but is Assault less suicide-tier in 30k? I love Assault Marines and would love to focus a list on Assault instead of Shooting.
>>
Okay, bought four boxes of Custodes and two Dreadnoughts! That should tide me over until jetbikes and terminators come out, right?

Also how do you guys do Hetareons and alternate spear weapons?
>>
>>52237791

Oh actually question, if you use a Vexilla, what unit should carry it?
>>
>>52237791
>Hetareons
Alternate colour scheme, blingy bits, fancier bases
>spears
Magnets in arms, probably. We'll have to wait for FW to release weapons for them. Or just kitbash shit together out of eldar and Grey Knight guns, but it'll probably look bad and super-blocky compared to what FW will put out

Honestly, i would only construct two of your four boxes into your dudes of choice, and wait for FW to inevitably release upgrade packs for different weaponry/heads/whatever. A HQ, 3x3 basic dudes and two dreads is a decent force to ally in or ally stuff to until you get your toys from FW. If i decided to do Talons thats how i'd do it, probably bringing Valdor or a non-shield-tribune depending on how serious the game is, a Het squad for him to roll around with, msu shield dudes to remove PA and hold objectives, each dread, as many jetbikes as will fit and then either a suborbital strike wing or Big E Himself
>>
Whats the best way to run Templar Brethren?
>>
>>52237952
In the shooting phase DOHOHOHOHOHO.
>>
>>52237952
There are three builds:
10 man, solarite gauntlet in a LR phobos.
9 man, solarite gauntlet and Sigismund in a LR phobos.
8 man, solarite gauntlet and Dorn in a LR phobos.
>>
>>52237927

I was thinking of assembling them as-

4*3 speardudes

2*3 sword and board dudes

2 shield captains, one with and one without a shield to run as captains, tribunes or Valdor until official models appear.

This was actually going to be my first heresy army, though I do have 12 unbuilt thallax, 9 unbuilt Ursarax and a built Thanatar sitting about waiting for fires of cyraxus to be a thing, so I could probably work out a legio Cybernetica force, especially if I proxy plastic Kastellan robots as resin robots.
>>
>>52237985
thanks man!
>>
>>52238001
The Custards might be useful as 3*3 units of whatever and a captain until the upgrades start dropping, simply because its quite difficult to take units apart once they're together. I can't stress the pain of destroying your hacked-together kitbash weapons when the official upgrade comes out and it looks amazing. If you're not averse to buying more banana men in the future though, go right ahead and build your dudes. With the two dreads and the insane power of your regular dudes, you have options for a pretty lethal ZM force, so i would start with a ZM list as a goal rather than a full force army.
>>
>>52238112

Well, here are my main concerns:

-I have no issue building six sword and board dudes, because the only concern is whether to give them a Vexillus. I'm kinda thinking that it's a good plan to put it with a more durable squad given it's an aura effect.

-For about 9 generic spear dudes, my only real concern is if I want Adrasite Spears on some of them. The basically stormbolters Custodes carry are shit shooting for points, but having a few Ap2 ranged instant death dudes could definitely be handy.

-Hetareons, I'd want to have paragon spears, maybe shields though their per model cost is already really high for a unit. Since paragon Bolters are Bolters, that's not a big deal proxy-wise. The big concern which I have more than a week to think about before they arrive, is shields or not.

That leaves two dudes left over, at least one of which should be my stand in HQ until an official HQ model appears.
>>
>>52237368
Which one? The one that pumps out 5 power armoured guys every single thread, or the one thats really good at doing faces, but teeeeeerrible at doing Visor lighting effect?
>>
>>52238001
Consider giving one of your Sword and Shield dudes a gauntlet for that sweet S10.
>>
>>52238222

I suppose a sufficiently ornate left handed power fist might make up for the problem that both swords and the Vexillus are right handed so it's tricky to equip a sword and Vexillus dude.
>>
>>52238257
Good idea, but can the vexila take a fist? I thought he only could take a master crafted power weapon or a shooty sword.
>>
File: image.jpg (348KB, 1536x1524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348KB, 1536x1524px
>>52238302

Well it's these guys I was thinking of taking it with, because it has an area of effect buff and they're more durable.
>>
>>52238327
Oh cool, seems like a good idea. The vexilla also looks really sweet imo.
>>
>>52238199
It sounds to me you're already made up, so build your dudes and remember to remov mold lines and to thin your paints. For the Vexilla, if you're taking a six-banan blob of sword-boarders, then thats probably a squad tough enough to be worth the investment. Just watch out for typhons of the tank variety.
>>
>>52238417

Well, I guess the biggest bit of advice that could help me out is shields or no on Hetareons.

On one hand, they're actually pretty cheap in that they're basically a T5 marine terminator captain who forgot his iron halo but brought a really good relic weapon.

On the other, for guys who -are- the unit rather than hiding in a unit, they're super pricey even before adding another 30 points for shields.
>>
>>52237985
The last option sucks.
Dorn doesn't want to hang out with more than 4-5 guys. He rather wants to benefit from sweet rampage.
>>
>>52238417
For 1500 points I either run 3 squads of 5 or 5 squads of 3. The versatility in splitting those back and forth is useful, but a solid block of 5 Sentinel Guard is very useful and that's how I always run them. Vexilla has the Solerite Gauntlet and the other 4 are standard sword and shield.

Toss them into combat and watch them either tarpit or mince shit instantly.

Your base squads have surprising amounts of versatility and really make great use of modularity when picking squad sizes. Either go 3, 5, or 10 when building squad sizes; the 10 obviously being for gigantic games or you just wanting a bigass cleaving blade in the form or bright gold. I personally prefer the 3 squads of 5 and dump one or two in Coronus Grav Carriers with the Tribune for maximum murder.

Don't be afraid to deepstrike multiple 3 man units as well as your 5, but take note that the 5 has the same footprint as a Terminator squad and will attract even more attention.

I personally own 2 Galatus Contemptors and will say that they are scary as Fuck to most enemies. The Achillus is scarier for tanks and characters than the Galatus, and both excel as surgical blades as well giant fucking broadswords. Use them to help your smaller squads and be a great shield.
>>
>>52238488

How do you deal with anti-horde? That is to say, clearing big blocks.
>>
>>52238470

Is it true that Dorn doesn't even have a power fist?
>>
>>52238534
If it isn't fearless you're going to break them, if they ARE fearless you're probably fucked.
>>
>>52238548

That's where I was thinking terminators with firepikes could really help. S6 torrents.
>>
>>52238542
Is it true that you might be trolling ?
Maybe read his unit entry in the red book ?
Dorn wields an AP2 shred, rampage, reaping blow giant chainblade.
>>
File: 800px-Know_No_Fear_huge.jpg (166KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Know_No_Fear_huge.jpg
166KB, 800x588px
>>52238542
No but the best primarch has one.
>>
File: smug ferrus.png (1MB, 1033x726px) Image search: [Google]
smug ferrus.png
1MB, 1033x726px
>>52238591
>needing a power fist to punch things at AP2
>>
File: 1479513936516.jpg (101KB, 413x445px) Image search: [Google]
1479513936516.jpg
101KB, 413x445px
>>52238631
Indeed brother, thanks for the hammer btw.
>>
>>52238582

That certainly appears to not be a fist.

Some Primarch of a fist iconography literally everywhere legion he is if he doesn't even fist.

Russ knows what's up, he brought two wolves to the party.
>>
>>52238451
I would recommend the shields regardless, because few things will be as hilarious as someone trying to throw fulgrim or perty or some such at a full unit of shield hets the first time you play them. Since you're either deepstriking or sitting around for a turn after leaving your transport, i think the shields will be worth it simply for survivability, and they'll make back their points three times over if someones got a Thanatar or similar.
>>52238488
I admit, i am partially theorycrafting since no-one near me has much more than a ZM-sized custard army yet, but the three-man sword-boards are horrendous to face in ZM and seem to get everywhere due to easy spammability and cheap price. The Dreads are terrifying to me as a Legion player, they're cheap enough that i cant just throw cortus dreads at them till they die while still being killy enough to probably destroy anything i try to melee them with. Since i usually play terror assault, Custodes are the absolute counter to me since even with +1 initiative, preferred enemy, as well as +1 to hit and to wound they still beat me and break me, and i lack the heavy support to bring the big guns i need to shoot them down at a distance.
>>
Guys, read this:
http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9661-forgeworld-answers-via-mail-about-inferno/

Of course, not a FAQ, but will shed a light on some Inferno issues
>>
Can I go full Space Hulk with the Blood Angels?
>>
File: 1485496877119.gif (580KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1485496877119.gif
580KB, 267x199px
>>52238752
>Deathshroud and Gorgon terminators have standard pattern terminator armour and may not exhcnage this for Cataphractii or Tartaros pattern armour.
>mfw
>>
File: The only answer.gif (3MB, 450x188px) Image search: [Google]
The only answer.gif
3MB, 450x188px
>>52238752
Well, that's quite the thing.
>>
Here's what I'm currently working on friends (including breakfast).

Man did I ever choose a challenging project for my first bit of modelling in 5-ish years, and first time ever really using green stuff (it's such a bitch to clean off your hands and tools), but I wanted a nice cobblestone/tiled road for their bases.

Does anyone know any good hand cleaners that will work on green stuff? Rubbing alcohol maybe? Purell?
>>
>>52238818
I just tend to let it dry a bit and then pull it off my tools/fingers since it appears to bond pretty shittily with metal/skin.
>>
File: wip upside down.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
wip upside down.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52238818
this is getting annoying
>>
>>52238859

Are you using waffles as a reference?
>>
File: time to go.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
time to go.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>52238752
>Skemet cant choose their powers
Go home FW, you're drunk
>>
File: fingers crossed.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fingers crossed.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52238818
Last try.
>>
>>52238876
If it does work the first time, try, try, try, try again!

I like your bases.
>>
>>52238789
>>52238752

God has still nobody heard back about the miserichordia?
>>
>>52238789
That's obvious, did people seriously try to play it differently?
>>
>>52238752
>IC in a unit means they lose Warrior's Mettle

So you can't have the models with Mettle firing bolters while the IC fires, say, a pistol, and then assault? Meanwhile you must take Slayers as your compulsory Troops and you must take a bunch of ICs in your army. But you can't put them into the Slayer units because they'd lose their abilities. Nice.

>Huscarl can take any of the Frost Weapon types

Think they mean "The Frost Blade" types.

>Deathshrouds have standard terminator armour
>models are in Tartaros

Fuck you, FW. Fuck you up the ass.
>>
File: 20170318_111035.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_111035.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52238873
>Are you using waffles as a reference?
No... but I am now! Or I would if I hadn't finished them.
>>
>>52232498
>allied with another species called the Khrave
I was searching HH7 for references to Khrave, didn't see any?
>>
>>52238904
>I like your bases.
Thank you. I was really annoyed I couldn't get the green stuff to finish smooth until I realized that it has a nice textured look to it that works much better for representing stone anyway.

>>52239009
>sideways
Good enough. Fucking cell phone cameras.

I realize I could have positioned his arm holding the spear better, as well as some other minor changes, but all in all I'm very happy with it. Plus I'm planning to have 20 or so Custodian Guard in total, so there's going to be lots guys with their spear held like him anyway.
>>
>>52239062

Yeah stone is a nightmare to get right unless you have a rough enough surface to drybrush a few layers onto after your base layers.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 888x1227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 888x1227px
>>52239082

In fact, not 30k I know, but this is my only attempt at painting stone so far, and I honestly think it game out looking more like tarnished iron.

Not too bad for what the model is, it looks pretty good to my eye, but still not what I was actually going for.
>>
>>52239082
I'm picturing something kinda like the roads you'd find inside Tizca, or the Imperial Palace, for the design. So while they might have once been smooth and unblemished, they're now the sight of a war and scattered with debris and blood.

Current plans call for a Galatus I'm waiting to arrive to be stomping down on suit of Mk III armour. Possibly some other body parts and a blood streaked sword. While I'm toying with the idea of having the Achillus I'll get eventually having someone impaled on the end of their spear.
>>
>>52239184
>I'm picturing something kinda like the roads you'd find inside Tizca, or the Imperial Palace, for the design.
Well, in that case you shouldn't have a problem with painting stone, since it's all solid gold.
>>
>>52239184

I'm just using the age of Sigmar 20 40mm and 6 60mm base kit for my Custodes, given that it's an ornate temple floor torn up by battle.

There are two bases in the kit that are unusable because they obviously have a Sigmarine face sculpted on them, but otherwise are fine. I might be able to fix the sigmarine ones with light green stuff work too, so.
>>
File: image.png (277KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
277KB, 1280x720px
How does it feel to know George Lucas, Primarch of the Ultramarines, has a 0.0% chance of being awesome?
>>
File: Guilly.jpg (612KB, 1495x623px) Image search: [Google]
Guilly.jpg
612KB, 1495x623px
>>52239290
Fulgrim you are already dead.
>>
File: 25436543536.png (947KB, 1345x663px) Image search: [Google]
25436543536.png
947KB, 1345x663px
>>52239302
Your tzeentchian DP has a huge advantage with that kickass background.
Now watch dad without that massive advantage.
>>
File: too sexy for my warpshirt.png (520KB, 1242x633px) Image search: [Google]
too sexy for my warpshirt.png
520KB, 1242x633px
C'mon kids, Crimson Papa is in the house!
>>
>>52239391

>Women
>Men
>One person

Magnus confirmed for hermaphrodite.
>>
File: 32589323650.png (855KB, 1287x665px) Image search: [Google]
32589323650.png
855KB, 1287x665px
>>52239391
>he-hey guize can I join?
>>
>>52239290
>>52239302
>>52239357
>>52239391
>>52239439
>let's post the exact same images again (in the exact same order, so far)
C'mon guys.
>>
>>52239439

>Repair tool
>A stormbolter
>>
>>52239477
It repairs heresy.
>>
>>52239541
>heresy
THERE IS NO RELIGIOUS DOGMA AND THEREFORE NO HERESY, NON-COMPLIANT SCUM. *BLAM*
>>
File: traitors.png (5MB, 1170x5065px) Image search: [Google]
traitors.png
5MB, 1170x5065px
>>52239462
>>
File: loyalist.png (5MB, 1176x5101px) Image search: [Google]
loyalist.png
5MB, 1176x5101px
>>52239618
>>
>>52239635
>Lion
>tags: evil
>>
File: no wolves on Fenris.png (640KB, 1153x1141px) Image search: [Google]
no wolves on Fenris.png
640KB, 1153x1141px
>>52239635
>>
>>52237690
Thanks for sharing m8
>>
>>52239582
It repairs treachery. Apply it to the traitor's head and he will be no more. Use repeated applications to ensure traitor removal
>>
File: 1402703731405.png (250KB, 408x644px) Image search: [Google]
1402703731405.png
250KB, 408x644px
>>52238217
>The one that pumps out 5 power armoured guys every single thread
>>
Made my first FW purchase.

Iron Hands icons, iron hands rhino doors, and iron father.

Anything I should know about assembling FW resin?
>>
File: Khorak.png (2MB, 823x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Khorak.png
2MB, 823x1027px
>>52238967
One would think they'd follow their own book's depictions.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 1507x1147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1507x1147px
Hey, what does the Machine Spirit rule do?

Honestly overall this vehicle seems a bit shit compared to just getting a jetbike for ten points less.
>>
>>52240596
Lets you move fast and still shoot at normal BS
>>
>>52240573
There is a guide in the downloads section on their website, check it out
>>
>>52240596
>Hey, what does the Machine Spirit rule do?
Sounds like you need to read the main rulebook, m8
>>
>>52240616
Its a fast skimmer, it already can move 12 and shoot 2 weapons at full BS
Its for shooting even if you jinked
>>
>>52240637
Is it the same as Power of the Machine Spirit?
>>
File: FW is for Fuck Wps.png (497KB, 1250x596px) Image search: [Google]
FW is for Fuck Wps.png
497KB, 1250x596px
>>52240743
Yah...
It's FW. Their goddammed book are more a set of guidelines rather than actual rules, riddled with Furious Assault and Misericordias
>>
>>52240761
>>52240743
It's vehicle wargear in the Legion book that grants PotMS.
>>
>>52234310
>Alpha Legion
>Mary sues
Their primarch died like a bitch and they get consistently stomped on throughout the Heresy.
>>
>>52240802
The loyalists end up winning, what did you expect to happen?
>>
>>52240661
>>52240596
It's usually for shooting two guns at different targets, but in this case since it only has one weapon it is a little bizarre. I guess it lets you shoot if you jink or get shaken/stunned.

That said, in 7th edition there's an issue with PotMS not actually overriding snap shots. Snap shot rules say that to not fire snap shots you have to specifically mention snap shots and not just ballistic skill; PotMS doesn't mention snap shots. Literally no one plays it this way, but it's there.

GW might have FAQ'd this, I never read the full FAQs for 7th when they became official.
>>
Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiodrama anyone?
>>
So, why is it that in the Horus Heresy there's Cyclone Missile Launchers on lots of things that don't have lots of them in 40k, but on Contemptors they only have Havoc Launchers despite having Cyclone Missile Launchers in 40k. The bits for it are even called Cyclones on the store. Like, sure, Mortis dreads are already pretty good, but it seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least give them the option for Havoc launchers or Cyclones at a higher price if you really strong anti-air in an elites slot.
>>
>>52240925
I have it.
>>
>>52240943
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>52240979
Can you share it?
>>
So are outriders kitted out for melee any good?
Building space wolves, and have too many ICs that need units. So considered dumping a centurion in a bike squad and having them try to tie up units; while the other doggos make it across.
>>
So, how effective would a full SoS army be? I'm imagining not at all due to over specialization and limited units.
>>
>>52241175

You could try it against grey Knights or daemons of Tzeentch I guess.
>>
Anyone know what year Mark 8 was developed in? Because as far as I'm aware they stopped innovating about the time the heresy turned half the infrastructure against the other half.
>>
>>52240925
Children of Sicarus anyone?
>>
>>52231260
Anyone have pic related yet?
>>
>>52241436
After the HH for sure. Innovation might have come to a crashing halt, but when they do find an STC with something good on it then it most certainly gets used.

Also
>No more innovation
>Land Raider Crusader invented by Black Templars
Land Raider Redeemer invented by Fire Lords
>'No more innovation'
>>
File: trollface.png (128KB, 1954x1783px) Image search: [Google]
trollface.png
128KB, 1954x1783px
>>52241070
I was lying.
>>
File: I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT.png (213KB, 474x545px) Image search: [Google]
I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT.png
213KB, 474x545px
>>52241568
No :(
>>
File: admech-new-shit-v2.jpg (1MB, 896x1500px) Image search: [Google]
admech-new-shit-v2.jpg
1MB, 896x1500px
>>52241613
>>
File: vomit chan.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit chan.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>52241844
>Chaos Eternus
>Sector 51
>Portis Chtulus
>>
>>52241372

Looking over their rules, besides the fact that they don't have the models for them, they seem like they'd be fun to play. Maybe it's just because my main army in 40k has been sisters for 10 years.
>>
>>52241479
Here you go.
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father anyone?
>>
>>52242165

Is that Sandwich, or did the Sandwichery guard exist back then?
>>
>>52242174
They existed back then. Quite a bit larger also.
>>
File: IMG_0655.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Hey anons, what do you think of this base? I wanted to go for a blasted Martian earth feel, I'm considering more green .
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Typhus corrosion over Martian iron earth?
>>
>>52242578
Put some dry-skin cream on that, anon, looks painful.
>>
>>52242578
Looks good.

I really suck with Martian Earth. How'd you pull this off?
>>
>>52242818
I started with Martian iron earth, lightly washed with argax earth shade then biel tan green followed up with dry brushing kindle flame and etherium blue afterwards. Finished with ardcoat

I need a more prominent green or maybe some Typhus corrosion mixed with Martian earthcrack/iron earth.

I want to give the impression of blasted surface with distinct runnels of greens/oranges traveling down the cracked areas.
>>
Ooooo. I figured it out, I should go over the base with a brightened green Typhus corrosion before applying Martian iron earth.

Fuck that would look dope.
>>
What would you rather be interred in, a Castaferrum, a Contemptor, a Deredeo or a Leviathan?

What would your arms be?
>>
>>52243246

A contemptor is the only one that keeps you from going batshit insane, anon.
>>
>>52243009
Don't go overboard with the green, consider patches of lighter and darker shades instead of all neon
Dont want to distract from your miniatures
>>
File: 1488956886237.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488956886237.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
>>52231260
Hey guys, I made a little Custodes list since I do now have Inferno.

What do you think about this:
HQ: Tribune with Paragon Spear, digital lasers, a cyber familiar, melta bombs and area shrike in a 5 man sentinel guard squad with a magisterium vexila dude with a solarite gauntlet...also with shrikes and melta bombs.

Then we have two identical 6 man squads of custodian guard, with melta bombs.

All 3 ride in Cronos Carriers with armoured ceramite and extra armour and are supported by a caladiua with a heavy arachnus and extra armour.

All the grav tanks, all the time at 1997 points.

I have no answer to fliers though and feel I could just take Valdor and ditch the tranaports....but then I would want to use Sagi-guard for anti tank purpoaes and they are not buyable yet....but the tribune could inflitrate all squads witg Master of Ambush as Warlord trait...choices, choices.
>>
>>52241568
It is out. Maybe someone will share.
>>
File: Annoyed Leviathan.png (1MB, 788x914px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Leviathan.png
1MB, 788x914px
>>52243289
Nope, that's Castraferrum.
>>
>>52243289
>Castaferrum sends you batshit insane
Bjorn says hi.
>>
>>52243357

Contemptor and Contemptor Cortus are different.
>>
>>52243246
castaferrum
assault cannon
power fist
>>
>>52243246
DIAMAT SIEGE GUN.
>>
>>52243366

Thanks for exactly proving my case. He spends most of his time communing with fenris warp spirit and going on super saiyan warp adventures now, instead of remaining with the living.
>>
>>52243289

Isn't a Deredeo basically just a contemptor modded to gun harder?
>>
>>52243429

I'm now imagining some stupid ass chapter not quite getting the point of a Deredeo and fastening two close combat weapons to it's arm sockets.
>>
>>52243246

Contemptor with CF+PF and flamer hands so I can REEEE the shit out of metal bawkses and roast poor, trapped meat inside
>>
So is there any role for Saggitarium Guard, or is it just fucking stupid to spend that much on a heavy Bolter.
>>
>>52243472

Not only is it fucking stupid to spend that much on a heavy bolter, but it honestly should have occurred to FW that that's the case.

That said, watch this space because in theory if the Miserichordia counts as a power dagger and they in future gain a different, assault weapon they could be pretty good. Mobile devastator terminators with a little bit of stab power.
>>
>>52243289
You've got it backwards. The Contemptor is the one that drives you crazy after a relatively short time. The Castraferrum will eventually drive you crazy too, but it takes centuries rather than years.
>>
>>52243472
Give them bolters off the spears and use them as bolter tactical custodes with the spear dude rules.
>>
>>52243396
What. That's wrong on several levels.
>>
>>52243594

Not since Wrath of Magnus. Keep up.
>>
>>52241150
They're pretty good, the scouting gets a little annoying since they can't assault turn 1 unless you have a command squad. T5 with an apothecary isn't shabby.
>>
>>52243396
Yeah after 10,000 years while contemptors were going crazy during the GC after ~100 years interment.
>>
>>52243578

Eh, the guardian spear is fucking garbage as a ranged weapon. No better than a normal stormbolter.
>>
File: Dread1.png (6MB, 1343x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Dread1.png
6MB, 1343x1980px
>>52243396
>A
We have little evidence of Contemptors pilots at all, mainly because in the heresy none of them are even 200 years old, and have barely spent a few decades interred, where Senile Dreadnought syndrome typically starts after several centuries, and even then it depends on the individual. Magneric, a Black Templars venerable Castraferrum dreadnought fighting in M32, seldom underwent the recommended sleep cycles, and retained his position as High Marshal, unlike Davian Thule, who was removed of command.
>B
The vast majority of 40K Dreads are Castraferrum, so they are overrepresented as old crazed vets, were most 30k Contemptors are crippled noobs. No Contemptor veteran has made it to 40k, and most examples (Hekaton Aiacos, SW Contemptors) are notorious for being exceedingly violent and being actively shunned by their own chapters.
>C
Castraferrum are underrepresented in 30k, especially in FWbooks, so an actual comparison between them and Contemptors cannot be made.

TL;DR: Contemptors don't seem to go mad simply because none of them is more than 2 centuries old. And even then, they could go mad due to too much war, for it was the time of the heresy
>>
File: 384567903476.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
384567903476.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>52243945
>ordo sinister logo on the shoulder
>>
You know the Custodes fluff in Inferno makes it sound like making Custodes is the Emperor's hobby, what he does to unwind.
>>
>>52243701
Contemptors must've been halfway stable if TS could hook them up as decent psykers. You don't give psychic potential to crazy.
>>
>>52244098
one of us
>>
File: Verdigris, Black and red.gif (1MB, 1980x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Verdigris, Black and red.gif
1MB, 1980x1430px
>>52244017
No anon, that merely means "Solar campaign veteran". And only that!
HE KNOWS, OBLIVION & PROSECUTORS SANCTIONED
>>
File: LibrarianDreadnought000.jpg (78KB, 758x533px) Image search: [Google]
LibrarianDreadnought000.jpg
78KB, 758x533px
>>52244113
>TS could hook them up as decent psykers
The TS couldn't. Magnus could.
Enjoy a BA Castraferrum Librarian dreadnought, you know, the legion/chapter afflicted with both Black Rage and Red Thirst.
>>
File: IMG_0656.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>52243291
I don't think the base distracts. It goes together on a thematic level I think
>>
>>52244252
Yeah looks good, i meant if you do the green under the Ironearth dont go overboard
>>
>>52244218
The 5th edition codex ruined Blood Angels and made them into Space Wolves but with blood instead of wolf
>>
>>52244218
I forget, is Moriar in the current BA codex?

If not their next codex better include him, it's just not 40k without a berserk vampire robot space angel.
>>
>>52237617
It doesn't really do anything, the pigment will just make your existing red a bit darker. A thinned application might add a sheen, that's all. Don't apply it thickly, it'll do nothing but fuck your details.
>>
File: the blood is memes.png (310KB, 305x388px) Image search: [Google]
the blood is memes.png
310KB, 305x388px
>>52244349
>Space Wolves but with blood instead of wolf
>>
>>52244740
thanks anon, actually shop ran out so I'll probably just try a starker edge highlight or maybe a clear coat.
>>
>>52244218
Liberian Leviathan Dread when.
>>
>>52244218
Magnus gave the chapters the recipe for psychic dreads, and Sanguinius was bosom pals with Magnus so probably went in for it, snd of course Magnus invented the psychic hood which is why BA psychic dreads are fairly stable.
>>
>>52244957
Luck with that. If you go back to clear red for Sons in future, make sure and do it over gold, not silver as some people still say. I tried silver first and ended up stripping them and doing the gold, clear red over silver just makes metallic Worst Bearers.
>>
>>52245031

Nothing stops the Salamanders from taking Leviathans.
>>
>>52245149
Get your smug sluts out of here. Phone posting sucks.
>>
>>52245063
personally not a fan of metallics but just felt the red was kind of flat and didn't really pop out, thinking about getting the klear floor polish and doing a gloss varnish, apparently it's good for decals as well.
>>
>>52245045
Yes
>>52245031
I was going to ask why from Liberia, kek.
>>52245149
But can they buy the phosphex dispenser? They're against phos and rad...but can bring Lightnings with Rad missiles and Phosphex cluster bombs and Techmarines with rad servitors & grenades
>of indeterminate gender
So that's how it's going to be, huh?
>>
>>52245031

>Force Siege Claw

>Does 1+1d3 wounds with instant death

>Gargantuan creatures take (1d3+1)d3 wounds

Give me that in 40k and let me charge a Wraithknight with it.
>>
>>52245031
I wouldn't be surprised if they do that in Fires of Cyraxus, although they'd have to figure out a reason why Red Scorpions would have a libby dread and not the Blood Angels. The named character guy that isn't a psyker is already going in one, though, so probably not.
>>
>>52245268
>gets killed in overwatch

There you go.

I really really really want it for 30k though
>>
>>52245452

In my experience people tend not to take the ranged D-knight because it doesn't have an invul and is thus only half as durable. (most things that can hurt T8 are AP3 or better, so it's the difference between 5+++ and 5++/5+++)
>>
Guys, is there any Legion/RoW that is centered on few, elite PA marines?
>>
>>52245855
Pride of the legion?
Chosen duty?
>>
>>52245855
If you spam a legion unique unit a bunch like Palatines or mor Deythan/dark furies, then it works kinda, but not really. There are rites like Headhunter Leviathal, but they're mostly utter trash. You could go full heretic and bring Last of the Serrated Suns, since Gal Vorbak are the only 2w elite unit in power armour and are super goddamn deadly as well. Generic rites can use Pride, but thats more about spamming vets than true elitism since usually you can get twenty vets for the price of ten barebones legion specifics
>>
How essential are Gal Vorbak in a Word Bearers list using the Dark Brethren RoW?
>>
>>52245855
Legion-wise, Thousand Sons probably fit that closest.
>>
>>52246043
Don't know about essential, but seems a shame not to use (what seems to me) one of the best legion-specifics in the game, who are also a major part of the WB lore.
>>
Could I use the Sanguinary Guard models for my BA Jump Back Honor Guard or would that be unfluffy?
>>
>>52246152
Oh, I agree, was just asking because I'm trying to expand beyond just buying B@C over and over and trying to decide my first real FW purchase for the WB.
>>
>>52246168
They seem to look the same in 30k as they are in 40k. I'm sure FW will change it later, but it's completely fluffy for now.
>>
>>52246168
you'd want to change the mk7 heads for something else, but otherwise there's nothing really immediately identifiable
>>
For years we've had people playing Pre-Heresy armies in the 40k tabletop, one of the first people I regularly played against used Pre-Heresy World Eaters, and that was back in 2009. How do you all feel about people using Post-Heresy armies for 30k?
>>
>>52246181
Or FW will just use the GW models in some pictures in Angelus and that's it. They already plastered Inferno full of 30k models with 40k SW bits on them, triggering any armour autist who takes a closer look.
>>
>>52246206
I reckon the death masks should be okay.

(Different anon btw, not the one planning to use SG in 30k.)
>>
>>52246234
>inb4 the triggering
>>
>>52246247
oh, right

I forgot about them because I think they look terrible
>>
>>52232064
This, people overrate TS so much
>>
>>52246238
>FW not trying to sell some OC models for the most recognizable special unit that existed during 30k

That's assuming blood angels get anything for Angelus, of course.
>>
Is there any way to run SoH without using Orbital Assault and/or Dreadclaws?
>>
>>52232154
Magnus can be beaten in CC by other primarchs. Leman will kill him easilly
>>
>>52246259
I agree, but I know some people like them.
>>
>>52246259
Maybe use Ultramarines Invictarii heads. They got aquilas on their faces and the Sanguinary guard you can see on the cover art of Echoes of Imperium has an aquila mask on his helmet. You can probably clip the crest from the helmet quite easily if you don't like it.
>>
>>52246291
Well, they'd have to to against established HH art, where we see the Guard in that same style armour. Of course they can do an upgrade kit, but what would they change?
>>
>>52246340
I don't see them changing the overall look. Just enough of a change so they can sell new kits. Probably have new kinds of weapons also.
>>
>>52246441
Upgrade kit would make the most sense. If they make their own kits, GW kits would eat into their profits. If they make something completely different, then how do they fit the already established style? With an upgrade kit they can add new options or change the existing models, but don't have to compete with GW kits.
>>
>>52246480
I'd be fine with that. I can't really think of a precedent for that though. Are there any other special units out there that are a 40k kits plus an upgrade?

I guess sang guard are a bit different in that they are the only special unit I can think of that survived the heresy.
>>
File: Hail and Kill.jpg (93KB, 561x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hail and Kill.jpg
93KB, 561x640px
>>52245855
Third Company Elite.

It's time to rock.
>>
>>52246505
Secutarii are Skitarii ++
>>
>>52246566
Well, that works then. I wonder what else BA will get. Grav Chariots? OC terminators?

Sanguinary Guard Termies?
>>
>>52246480
>then how do they fit the already established style?
They don't, they go "Custodes are not just marines+1" then take away grav-rhinos/turn Hetaeron squads into quadrupeds.
>tfw now I'm wondering what dragon ogre custodes would look like.
>>
>>52246607
Mun dick for some BA terminators. Ever since Space Hulk I've been running in some shape or form the 1st Company
>>
File: IMG_2192.jpg (49KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2192.jpg
49KB, 800x555px
Hey guys, I have a friend that wants to get into HH, and he's insisted on doing Salamanders.

Two questions;

One, is mkIV decently fluffy? He's probably gonna get BoP, but I'm curious with all the artificer stuff if they had good armor.

And two, anyone have a decent starter 2k list for them? Probably lean on the side of "vanilla", though whatever is good for their army is great.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>52243472
Saggitarum look fucking awesome but are rather mediocre on the table for anything other than giant games. A Caladius or Aquilian Terminator squad really shits on them since the Saggitarum are very fragile compared to their brothers. The fact they take up a HS slot versus Elite is baffling.
>>
>>52246658
yes
google
>>
>>52246658
All marks are fluffy. Except MK VII all marks existed in some form or another in other legions.
>>
>>52246658
Well I can help on the first one.

MkIV is VERY fluffy for them. They had no singular defined armor, but MkIV looks great in their green.

Have him pick up a few Pyroclasts as well; the more scales and gems tossed in, the better it'll all look.
>>
What's the most efficient way to get ranged AP2 in a Mechanicum list in terms of points? What about in terms of money?
>>
File: IMG_2193.jpg (202KB, 1336x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2193.jpg
202KB, 1336x1600px
>>52246713
Tried it already, all you get is pants-on-head retarded B&C lists either running a primarchstar that takes up half their points or- for whatever reason- tons of dreadnought spam.

I'm bad at making lists to begin with, but here's the rough outline that's as best as I can figure;

>2 tac squads, probably with Rhinos
>some fire drakes all kitted out with a praetor
>either some pyroclasts or support squads
>probably two Vindicators/Medusas
>either some Kheresnaughts or a Deredeo

The issue I see with pyroclasts is they have to take a land raider, and while the 2+ is nice meltagun *probably* won't do much to justify them over a support squad w/ apothecary.

What about pimpin' rides? Vehicles are more an IH thing, but would sallies have used some of the scary shit like a Caestus? Or some other flying gunship to carry the Praetor and his boys in
>>
File: 1476536281317.jpg (259KB, 941x515px) Image search: [Google]
1476536281317.jpg
259KB, 941x515px
>>52238752
>If sekhmet terminators choose their powerfist option they lose their guns and goes double punchy
WHAT?

WTF? WTF FW?
>>
>>52246948
Looks like praetor punchy was just demoted.
>>
>>52246904
now that's an interesting conversion

Might copy for my command unit.
>>
>>52246904
Think about this way, salamanders love melting and burning shit.

Vehicles that have options for fire or melta are great. Assault Rams and the like are a perfect fit
>>
>>52246769
For both, probably Ordo Reductor artillery like Medusae or Vindicators. The latter especially, 120 points for a PotMS Vindicator if with a
13/10/10 and IWND with an Archimandrite is damn good, especially when there's six of them. Personally I convert Basilisks into my Medusae, which are more expensive in points but gain Barrage and 50% more range.
>>
File: 1475752702106.jpg (247KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475752702106.jpg
247KB, 1000x1000px
>>52246958
Or promoted considering that he got elevated to non-existence to existence.

But still, it's just so fucking stupid. This also means that if you have any sense at all, you must go for the double power fist otherwise you don't get your specialist weapon matching 1A + bonus.

This is so fucking stupid.
>>
What's a good ratio of buying models in your local store vs buying models far cheaper online?

I picked up a tac squad and razorback in the store for ~80, and so far this army I've gotten 3 HH marine squads, a vindicator, and some mk2 recasts and various bits on ebay for about $100.
>>
>>52246975
Do the medusa phosphex shells ignore cover? If yes that's a tasty proposition
>>
>>52247134
It's your money. I go for convinience
>>
File: image.jpg (369KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369KB, 1080x1920px
So given answer 2 here, you can construct a shield-carrying Custodes unit that is literally immune to close combat.
>>
What's good against a death star? They are the meta in my location and the only response I've seen is a bigger death star which I'm not a fan of. I've been thinking a seeker squad but they get expensive real fast as well.
>>
>>52247207
See >>52247177
>>
Do Solar Auxilia and/or Imperialis Militia players exist? Or is HH basically an Astartes-only party?
>>
>>52247216
I run with DA
>>
>>52247177
So where am I suppose to put all the HQs I must take, if I can't put any into Slayer units, which I also must take?
>>
>>52247218
They do, it's just that SA is a rather limited list with FW only models and Militia has practically 0 support from FW and also makes heavy use of FW only units. Meanwhile marines got tons of cheap plastic kits, so the few FW kits doesn't feel so bad.
>>
>>52247249
In command squads obviously.
>>
>>52247230
What kind of deathstar? If it's mainly slow as a BL author's thought process inna spartan then you want a primaris-lightning.
Alternatively ally in a 50 man blob with all the LD buffs you can buy.
>>
>>52246948
The guy clearly was just trying to understand and make the rules clear based on what was written. >what?
I mean, he just unpacked the sentence and that's the meaning, because the rules entry is written so badly. He didn't go and check with a designer.

You unfortunately can't really take these dude's answers as gospel. They're more like guidelines.
>>
File: Jews-In-Space.jpg (37KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
Jews-In-Space.jpg
37KB, 620x310px
>>52247291
>each member of the squad has their personal physician with them

Oy vey.
>>
>>52246505
40k TSons Scarab Occult Termies are straight up Sekhmets in Tartaros. I think FW even recommended that kit for that purpose during the weekender. We're going to see a lot of convergence as we get further along, potentially all the way up to Mk VII at Terra. It'll be a little weird.

But it's pretty common for FW to write rules for a special unit and not release models for it, ever. Might as well do that for a unit that has a 40k kit.
>>
How should I paint metallic white armor?
>>
>>52246508
That's hella cool. Looks old, though.

>>52246658
Book 2 shows them in Mk II, III, and IV - so sure. No apparent preference in that book. I'm not sure Tartaros works so well for them though (Salamanders have a penalty to sweeping advance rolls), which is a strike against BoP.

Firedrakes are great and Pyroclasts are not; the latter are nice models, but they're better off being used as a tactical support squad. Don't use the Covenant of Fire RoW. The Awakening Fire (in the generic army list book) isn't too bad. Orbital Assault is an option since it works well with their short-ranged shooting weapons and low mobility, but that's something you have to plan for from the very start. Otherwise just load up on Rhinos and Land Raiders (and/or a Spartan for the Firedrakes); you'll need them.
>>
>>52247492
Look for a pearl white spray can in the section for car modelers.
>>
Okay, I'm still unsure of how Salamanders work, but here's my first shot. Thoughts?

>Salamanders: 2,000 point Pride of the Legion

HQs:
>Praetor: Terminator Armor, Dragonscale Shield, MotED, Master-Crafted Paragon Blade
>Terminators Command Squad: 4 friendos, chainfists

Elites:
>Apothecary
>Apothecary

Troops:
>Terminator Squad: 3 Powerfists, 2 Chainfists, Combi-Weapons
>Terminator Squad: 3 Powerfists, 2 Chainfists, Combi-Weapons
>Tactical Support Squad: 7 Marines, Rhino
>Tactical Support Squad: 7 Marines, Rhino

Fast Attack:
>Storm Eagle: Lascannons

Heavy Support:
>Vindicator
>Vindicator
>Deredeo Dreadnought: Hellfire Plasma Cannonade
>>
File: lineup.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
lineup.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52239009
>>52238876
>>52239062
And now we have the full 5 done, and off to get spray painted with a basecoat of black as you read this.
>>
>>52247864
might be too late, but I'd paint them with the halberd separate
>>
>>52247864
Good luck. I'm finishing off the halberds of 20 Custodes right now and you'll know suffering when painting the weapons.
>>
With how fuck the Dreadnought Drop pod kit is, either from FW or Recast, would you mind if I used a Plastic pod instead?
>>
File: IMG_9705.jpg (101KB, 800x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9705.jpg
101KB, 800x392px
I'm looking to start IF with the Betrayal at Calth box, 20 more dudes, a Fire Raptor, a Deredeo, and a Vindicator.

Is this a really efficient way to start them up? It seems very siege oriented and I was thinking two 20 man squads, two 5 man support squads, and then throwing in 2 apothecaries into the big squads.

So I'd have 50 Marines, a Praetor, Chaplain, Contemptor, Deredeo, Vindicator, 2 Apothecaries, Fire Raptor, and 5 Cataphractii Terminators.

Seems solid enough. Am I missing anything?
>>
>>52248394
Nope, seems like a solid start.
>>
>>52248394
Make sure you spend time learning how to paint the IF on bits before fucking up your purchases.
>>
>>52248430
>>52248394
unless you don't mind making mistakes and stripping once or twice.
>>
Also, how are Breacher squads? I love their aesthetic

>>52248430
I used to paint Lamenters, so yellow and murdering myself with freehand seems about right.
>>
>>52248477
Breachers are pretty bad IH and UM both use them better than you and even then their not that good
>>
>>52248578
That's really disappointing. Besides fluff there's no real reason to use them besides tarpitting?
>>
>>52248631
Zone Mortalis makes them king, also you have to use them in the stone gauntlet row
>>
>>52248697
So worth buying a squad of 5 and dumping a Champion into them?
>>
>>52248716
If you plan on running the good IF ROW then you need at least 20 shock is one of the reasons IF get very little out of BAC/BOP

Also put your champ in with a squad of SS termies or templar brethren
>>
Did the skitarii exist in 30k? Or did the Secutarii use any more of their stuff.

I just really like Dragoons and think they'd be better at keeping up with transports than hopolites or peltasts
>>
>>52249050
They did exist, just FW has decided not to ever mention them or give them rules. Which is especially strange since they pop up in BL books all the time.

Honestly, with a bit of tweaking and they'd be perfect for 30k, and considering how good the 40k models are I'm awaiting their introduction to the Horus heresy
>>
>>52246299
He can beat every primarch with invisibility though, and can beat nearly all of them using biomancy.
>>
>>52249158
Is this all because GW a techpriest a volkite gun?
>>
>>52249244
As always, just kill the invisibility casting one in the army. Magnus will never be the one casting it.
>>
>>52249261
Just kill the invisible dude in a unit with a magnus who is tossing witchfires around, ez gg no re. Also, how exactly are you planning on getting into CC with Maggy? He'll kill your transport on the other side of the map.
>>
>>52249337
Be fast/field flyers.

White Scar ish lists should be able to take some licks while being fast enough to engage. Also fielding big units will help since nothing about magnus actually increases the attack number of psychic powers being sent out.
>>
Still building up my Dangles army, started at 1500 and finished a few 2500 last night. Been working with Ironwing Protocol and I've been doing real well so far. I've been keeping my Heavy Support slots filled with Vindicators, Predators and a Leviathan and it's time I'm trying to switch things up.

Is a squadron of Land Raiders worth working into my list? I have some Tactical Support Squads sitting around, thinking about giving them plasma repeaters and sticking them in a Proteus with my melee Veterans in a Phobos.

The BS bump is nice and all but I have some reserves. Should I sink my points into a squad of Raiders or should I look else where?
>>
File: Belicosa Potentis Omnissiah.png (4MB, 2620x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Belicosa Potentis Omnissiah.png
4MB, 2620x1680px
>>52249252
...is your sentence complete? Also, Skitarii are the vanilla Mechanicum, not Taghmata who has for troops Reductor-invented Thallax, Cybernetica-operated Castellax, distrusted Scyllax (whom are a Reductor-only retinue), lobotomized cyber-people and RENTED "I swear my Titan is just outside the table" Secutarii.
None of them are actual line soldiers, unlike the Skitarii.
>>
Looking for some ideas, so here's a scenario for you.

You've got both the BaC and the BoP box, and have to use them to start a force belonging to a Legion you haven't currently got a force for. Which Legion do you pick, and why? Assume the SoS and Custodes can be traded away for another 10-man of PA or a 5-man TDA (mark/type is up to you) if you wish.
>>
>>52249606
Which ever one can fill a detachment that compliments my primary force gaming and fluff wise.
>>
>>52249606
White Scars, because fuck efficiency
>>
>>52249050
>Did the skitarii exist in 30k?
they're in the same place as all the custodes landraiders and rhinos
>>
>>52249621
And if we suppose you haven't got a primary force then? Or just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>52247038
LCs/Cfs are specialist
>>
>>52249663
Then use them as test models to see who you like painting the most.
>>
File: right....gif (1MB, 339x230px) Image search: [Google]
right....gif
1MB, 339x230px
>>52249978
60 PA and 10 TDA. Test models. Really?
>>
>>52250140
Not all of them obviously.
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.