[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 107

File: Living Quarters 4.jpg (356KB, 1280x766px) Image search: [Google]
Living Quarters 4.jpg
356KB, 1280x766px
"Small Things In Life" Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
https://mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
https://eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
http://pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
http://eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
http://eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
https://sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>>the 3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
http://awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
http://www.aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
http://eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>Seedware: Another Yearblog
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware%20Blog.pdf
>>H-Rep: A Homebrew Blog
http://ephrep.blogspot.com/

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread: >>52051149
>>
Killing Jovians is one of the small things I enjoy in life
>>
>>H-Rep: A Homebrew Blog
>>http://ephrep.blogspot.com/

All H-Rep entries in one file. Always up to date.
https://mega.nz/#F!rQxHRB6b!FVKChtHZYrT8BaqgOcqOwA
>>
>>52225867
H-Rep, Farcast, and Seedware all seem to be similar to one another in scope i.e. they make up a collection of homebrewed ideas which tend to have a few that build upon each other e.g. a new Planet and the creatures that inhabit it in separate entries.

I'm thinking of calling them "Homebrew Catalogs". Thoughts?
>>
>>52226500
I agree. Just add that damned link so I don't need to repost it manually to every new thread.
>>
File: cosmic filter.png (301KB, 402x617px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic filter.png
301KB, 402x617px
>>52210559
>I don't get it.
These are why you won't live to see the scientific breakthroughs you long for.
>>
>>52224841
Posting some adventures

You might recognize the openers for a couple of them if you've been around this general a while

1/5
>>
>>52226931
>>
>>52226941
3/5
>>
>>52226955
>>
>>52226977
5/5
>>
>>52226745

Donezo.
>>
>>52227479
>>52226745

I'd still prefer if people visit the site directly though, the views give me a clue as to what kind of stuff people are more interested in.

Not that I always understand it, for instance Stack Encryption is very popular, but say, Heartbeat Sensor is pretty average, maybe even below.
>>
File: EnhancedVision.png (343KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
EnhancedVision.png
343KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>52225830
seek mental help
>>
>>52225830
You do realize that Jovians die when they are killed?

A Futura acquaintance of mine can't wrap her head around that fact, that's why I'm asking.
>>
>>52229395

I mean, I wouldn't go advertising your friend as a potential...Loss, especially if they can' or don't grasp the basic concept that other people are still living things that you just don't kill on a whim regardless of their ability to make backups.

That said, returning back to meta. Does it make sense to say that the general masses who don't have vast amounts of money to throw around wouldn't have backups in a way like most people probably can't, or don't have insurance?
>>
>>52229496

I think backup should be cheap enough for most to have. Secure backups on the other hand...
>>
>>52229980

Yeah, Im totally sure people don't get tricked into buying backup insurance at a 9 lives front and have their backups forked and mind fucked into oblivion...
>>
>>52230113

I wonder if there would be open source back ups.
>>
File: SpaceRapeApe.jpg (56KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceRapeApe.jpg
56KB, 400x300px
Problems with the setting, expanding from my previous post in previous thread

-setting has run its course.
-by this point it is obvious that developers haven't though most things out:
-one of the main villains in the setting, Jovians, are the good guys
-most other factions are rather bland, idiotic or boring. Anarchists actually give a feel of being villains or ultra-moronic level fools.
-reputation system seems like total dystopia, while it is praised in the books.
-bio-conservatives should be cherished by most of population in light of the Fall
-no campaign setting rulebooks for campaigns where players play as Ozma, Oversight or Jovian special forces/intelligence
-not much more can be added to the setting, maybe more exoplanets but that will change it into space opera
-authors said there will be no revelations as to what Ozma is or TITANS.
I think EP is now stale.
>>
>>52231029
>Not just writing your own material
Come on step it up

Failing that, I'm sure there's still more stories to be told in the setting. You don't need a constantly evolving world to run good games, unless for some ungodly reason you're REAL in to the metaplot.
>>
>>52230677

I mean, if a brinker hab can maintain it's own backups I don't see why anarchist couldn't just maintain their own servers for this purpose.

Ultimately it comes down to whom you trust with your soul and that depends on whether or not you think how much you pay someone factors into it (among many things).

That said, as I've only started getting into the lore itself, to help me get a "sense of scale" as it were to how various augmentations are handled is it safe to say not everyone is going to be running around with things like medichines? Obviously if you're a case wearing begger on the streets of Noctis that's one thing but would things like that be out of the reach for most generally well to do people? I get the idea that some bodies and augmentations would be like the difference between affording a Honda Civic and a Lambo but then it's not explicitly said most people pay a visit to their local body bank when they have their legs broken not that I wouldn't assume such clincs exist for people who can't heal on their own.
>>
File: recreational nuclear weapons.png (284KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
recreational nuclear weapons.png
284KB, 640x640px
>>
File: meeting your fork.jpg (680KB, 2048x940px) Image search: [Google]
meeting your fork.jpg
680KB, 2048x940px
>>
>>52231324
What happens if you want to reintegrate your fork and your fork would rather stay an individual, concerning matters of law? Haven't read too much of the lore yet, but I don't remember having seen anything about that yet, just that some factions don't like forking. Would those factions sunward assume your fork is your property and you can do with it as you please?
>>
>>52231446
Most factions sunward wouldn't even let you legally make an Alpha fork I think.
>>
File: ultimate.jpg (260KB, 1057x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate.jpg
260KB, 1057x1500px
Ultimates are #1

Jovians don't even make the list.
>>
File: thronell_wallpaper.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thronell_wallpaper.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52232225
Ultimates are little bitches

Go TITAN or go home
>>
>>52227541
I make logfile of H-rep not for stealing your visitors. :) It's just for those people who prefer to have all interesting materials saved somewhere on HDD.
>>
File: farming_unit-992x340.jpg (100KB, 992x340px) Image search: [Google]
farming_unit-992x340.jpg
100KB, 992x340px
>>
File: Implants 1.jpg (569KB, 663x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Implants 1.jpg
569KB, 663x1920px
>>
>>52229496
>Does it make sense to say that the general masses who don't have vast amounts of money to throw around wouldn't have backups in a way like most people probably can't, or don't have insurance?

Entry level backup insurance is 250 credits a month, (1/4th of the monthly earnings of a rep level 3 individual) which means someone is keeping a secure backup which is updated 1-2 times per year. If the stack can't be easily recovered they won't really try. That's about as expensive as a capsule to sleep in, but a lower priority.

That means that a lot of people ( rep level 1 or 2) will probably not be able to easily afford that, which means they're relying on pro-bono stack recovery in case of death. Probably by family members or friends or something.

That said, the income tables are kinda dumb, but give some frame of reference. Looking at them in combination with NPC file 1, it means that Indentures, Criminal thugs or dealers, or similar lower income people can't, while someone more middle class like the Hypercorp General Associate can. This is a pretty flawed analysis for a few reasons though, as bodyguards and police officers wouldn't be able to afford backups (though maybe they get one from their employer), which doesn't jive with the core rules talking about police.

>>52231446
It really matters where you are. In much of the inner system alpha forks are illegal to make, but in some places they are their own legal person and you couldn't force them to merge any more than any other person. Beta forks are similar, but there are places where they are legally the property of their originating alpha, and could be forced to merge.
>>
Any scenarios to run for a new eclipse DM? just bought my book today and ive read more of this in one day than months of obsessing over delta green
>>
File: noo my life is better like this.jpg (62KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
noo my life is better like this.jpg
62KB, 900x600px
>>52231029
>the fictional people i root for aren't universally loved by everyone like they ought to be in this work of fiction
>>
>>52236748
It'd make it a lot easier to buy the idea that the Jovians are paranoid and intolerant crazies if they starting event for the whole game wasn't a complete vindication of all their beliefs. Seriously after what happened with the TITANs why in the fuck should anybody trust anything even faintly transhuman? The Jovians are right, this technology is potentially obscenely dangerous and should be treated like nuclear weapons not distributed willy nilly to anyone who wants to have more dicks.
>>
>>52236790
*if the starting event
>>
>>52236790
Wanting to have more dicks isn't dangerous in the slightest. Wanting to build Seed AIs is dangerous.

Hell, that's not even really true. It's dangerous because there's a massive alien intelligence intentionally fucking it up.

If you want to argue philosophy about bioconservatism that's one thing, but claiming that any amount of transhumanism is dangerous is patently false.
>>
>>52236690
Think Before Asking
>>
File: avian uplift hydroponics expert.gif (10KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
avian uplift hydroponics expert.gif
10KB, 600x600px
>>52236790
I feel like you're missing the point - it's not that the Jovian response is unreasonable, it's that "arm up and bunker down" isn't the only response people have to disasters. There are people who are going to use this as an opportunity to flourish on their own terms (the Planetary Consortium, who have set up their own new order to fill the void), there are people who are going to go "well, the old order is gone, time to try something new" (hence, Scum) and everything in between. I vaguely recall that it even addresses this in the core rulebook at some point - people have reacted to the tragedy of the Fall in different ways.

I know that it can be hard to sometimes accept the idea that other people aren't going to react in the same way to events that you would.
>>
>>52236840
>Wanting to have more dicks isn't dangerous in the slightest.
Giving people the ability to create whatever sort of biological lifeform they want isn't potentially dangerous? You see this is what I mean, most people would recognize the problem with that so soon after the Fall, it wasn't ancient history. They'll probably have known about a guy who got basilisk hacked into fabbing viruses when he just said he was going to fab up a new body for himself with 12 dicks.

>Wanting to build Seed AIs is dangerous.
>Hell, that's not even really true. It's dangerous because there's a massive alien intelligence intentionally fucking it up.
Why would a Seed AI be so harmless by itself? We have no way of knowing what they'll evolve into and therefore no way of controlling it, you're just putting your faith into the idea that incomprehensible super intelligence will see some value in us or even less likely have some sort of sentimentality for it's creators when we just don't know that. Better to just keep that shit under lock and get by without god-machines running the show, is that really so hard?

>If you want to argue philosophy about bioconservatism that's one thing, but claiming that any amount of transhumanism is dangerous is patently false.
Look at how dangerous humanity has been just with what they had up til the 21st century, imagine how much worse the situation would be with a bunch of god damn supermen running around with the abilities of gods but the egos of mortals, can you not see how disasterous that would obvioulsy be? If a Flat like Oppenheimer could cook up a nuke what sort of horrific new weapons could a sufficiently dedicated Neurode cook up? They're all brain!
>>
>>52236901
Problem is they're always depicted as the indisputable bad guy in the setting like their response is somehow unreasonable even though it's far and away the most reasonable. If some horrific event just almost wiped out the species wouldn't the logical response be to try and restrain what it was that almost wiped out the species rather then continue to give it largely free reign?

>I know that it can be hard to sometimes accept the idea that other people aren't going to react in the same way to events that you would.
I think that applies to the authors of this game much more then me or this guy >>52231029, they constantly depict the jovians and their views as just wrong even though they'd be the most logical response by far.
>>
How many Jovians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
>>
>>52236974
If you're so worried about being out thought, maybe it's time you start making yourself smarter. If you're not bootstrapping yourself to Seed AI then why exist? To continue propagating Homo Sapiens ad nausem? You have kids hoping they'll be better than you, not worrying that they're literally being created just to supplant you.
>>
>>52237023
you've just reiterated your general opposition to transhumanism and agreement with the jovians. The jovians reject the central conceits of the setting and are fatally hostile to every civilization in the setting other than themselves, so it figures that they get little sympathy from the other humans in the system. It also figures that you agree with them so wholeheartedly that this to you is unreasoned bias on the part of the authors. Its inconceivable that this might be the response of polities that have to share a system with the jovians, whose stated goals are at best to fortify jupiter and wait until the rest of humanity dies, at worst to actively try to exterminate their neighbors. This does not engender cooperation
>>
File: fzKfsWv_k5c.jpg (55KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
fzKfsWv_k5c.jpg
55KB, 564x752px
>>
>>52237023
>If some horrific event just almost wiped out the species wouldn't the logical response be to try and restrain what it was that almost wiped out the species rather then continue to give it largely free reign?

It would be A logical response, not the ONLY logical response, you silly billy. Not to mention that there are varying degrees of "what technology can we let people use" and "how can we police it" in the setting.
>>
File: 1489072903154.jpg (304KB, 1024x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1489072903154.jpg
304KB, 1024x1371px
>>
>>52237023
The thing that almost wiped out humanity was specifically Seed AIs, and all of the major factions will shoot you and delete your backups if you seriously talk about giving them free reign.
>>
>>52236974
>imagine how much worse the situation would be with a bunch of god damn supermen running around

The world has got progressively safer since the end of world war ii.
>>
>>52237082
Two

One priest to condemn it as dangerous technology and ban it from use by the public, and one politician to use it while he laughs at poor people.
>>
>>52237023
>If some horrific event just almost wiped out the species wouldn't the logical response be to try and restrain what it was
Just like the logical response to the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings would be to ban all nuclear technology.

Yeah, there are people who more or less think that, and it's not an entirely unreasonable stance to take given that nuclear power contributes to the proliferation of nuclear weapons. However, the inconvenient truth is that it's not realistically possible to maintain our current quality of life without it, as the energy requirements to run our society in its current form simply cannot be met otherwise.

Jovians aren't depicted as ass-backwards luddites because the authors need a strawman for their anarchist self-inserts to whack at, but because the technologies they eschew are a hard requirement for the sort of low or post-scarcity societies everyone else is running. Conversely, everyone else isn't fucked in the head because they keep using those technologies; the quality of life enabled by them is just too nice to give up. Just like our current quality of life is too nice to give up for the green agenda.

There's also the fact that not all of the technologies the Jovians reject contributed in any way to the Fall; they're just sort of tangentially related to those that did. Which makes their stance essentially the same as being against nuclear power because nukes make big booms.
>>
Topic: criminal justice

How does prison or other criminal punishment work in EP?
>>
>>52238284
Due to the lack of physical space for imprisonment/detainment, I'm going to say punishment is EGO-based in EP. Pretty sure the books had some words on this, but my memories of that time are fading.

It'll differ between Habitats, Swarms, and colonies though. That's one thing I can guarantee you.
>>
>>52238284
Probably by putting your stack in storage for a period of time like in Altered Carbon. Maybe plugging you into an isolated virtual environment if the goal is also rehabilitation. It would be way cheaper than maintaining an entire physical prison infrastructure.
>>
>>52237785
>
Yeah, there are people who more or less think that, and it's not an entirely unreasonable stance to take given that nuclear power contributes to the proliferation of nuclear weapons. However, the inconvenient truth is that it's not realistically possible to maintain our current quality of life without it, as the energy requirements to run our society in its current form simply cannot be met otherwise.

Quite a bullshit as there are first world countries who don't use nuclear energy.
>>
>>52237745
>The world has got progressively safer since the end of world war ii.
Not correct, ever heard about MAD?

Also without industrial revolution there would be no World War 2 and people would still work 5-6 hours per day with 3-4 months of holidays.
>>
>>52238730
Iceland, Denmark and Australia. That's because large-scale renewable energy production is actually viable there: Iceland has access to geothermal power, Denmark is fucking windy and Australia has nothing but coastline.

If you necessarily want to include Eastern Europe into first-world countries, the point is rendered moot by the fact that they export huge amounts of electricity from Russia, a good chunk of which is produced using nuclear reactors.
>>
>>52236790
>Technology can be dangerous
>Therefore having almost any advanced tech is dangerous

They are hardcore reactionaries at best, and authoritarians using paranoia as an excuse to dominate their subjects at worst. Just because they have a reason for what they do doesn't mean that everyone should agree with them. I think that people like to team up with the Jovians because "muh stronk" but most people who see themselves as conservative would fit in better in the LLA
>>
>>52238284
Psychosurgery is the answer.
>>
>>52236790
>military ASIs did some bad shit
>we have to stop genetic engineering things!
Fuck off retard.

The answer to the fall is "don't make ASIs", exactly as the ETI intended.
>>
File: yeTzpSTIsIQ.jpg (72KB, 564x784px) Image search: [Google]
yeTzpSTIsIQ.jpg
72KB, 564x784px
>>
File: 1477690389984.png (151KB, 1380x762px) Image search: [Google]
1477690389984.png
151KB, 1380x762px
>>52239623
>yfw when the ETI created the Exsurgent virus to preemptively save galactic life from runaway AGI paperclippers
>>
>>52238906
>If you necessarily want to include Eastern Europe into first-world countries, the point is rendered moot by the fact that they export huge amounts of electricity from Russia, a good chunk of which is produced using nuclear reactors.

Where did you get this shit from ?

Czechs and Slovaks have nuclear reactors. Poland doesn't import electricity from Russia and has no atomic reactors. It is simply using its own natural resources like coal.
In fact Poland exports more electricity than it imports.

The bottom line is, you don't need to have atomic energy to be first world country.
>>
>>52239263
>>Therefore having almost any advanced tech is dangerous
Jovians aren't against "any advanced tech".
They use plenty of it and even develop some themselves.
>and authoritarians using paranoia as an excuse to dominate their subjects at worst.

What paranoia ? The Fall did happen, and a brief look at scum barges and anarchist settlements should tell you all you need about allowing access to technology without restrictions.
>>
>>52239623
>military ASIs did some bad shit
>we have to stop genetic engineering things!

If you read the setting the world was turning to shit already before ASI due to advanced technology.
For example gangs would mass print guns and ammo for their wars using cornucopia machines.

As to genetic engineering, it makes sense to restrict technology allowing mass production of custom diseases and viruses, doesn't it?
>>
>>52239968

> and a brief look at scum barges and anarchist settlements should tell you all you need about allowing access to technology without restrictions.

That it allows smaller and less centrally organized social groups to not only persist in space but have large amounts of time free for leisure and intellectual pursuits?
>>
File: _wC-TLBKqTg.jpg (113KB, 1280x509px) Image search: [Google]
_wC-TLBKqTg.jpg
113KB, 1280x509px
Tavern in transhuman era.
>>
>>52239990
You could make a long list of cons for every major technological advancement in humanity's history starting right from fire. Any line you're going to draw between "safe" and "unsafe" technologies is going to be completely arbitrary at best.
>>
File: 3EenDm0RHTQ.jpg (153KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3EenDm0RHTQ.jpg
153KB, 1024x1024px
Hostile pod.
>>
>>52239947
But you do need to be quite lucky geographically or just not care about the environment.
>>
File: pipegun.jpg (683KB, 2206x3028px) Image search: [Google]
pipegun.jpg
683KB, 2206x3028px
>>52239990
>For example gangs would mass print guns and ammo for their wars using cornucopia machines.
They do that already.
>>
>>52238738
>Not correct, ever heard about MAD?

Mutually Assured Destruction saved the world from a conventional war between the Soviet Union and the United States, a conflict which would have made World War 2 look like a playground argument.
>>
File: Ecto.jpg (33KB, 432x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ecto.jpg
33KB, 432x700px
>>
How do you convince your friend that turning his hab into a robot ecosystem is clearly a bad idea?
>>
>>52242557
You don't. Slot him and extract his Stack. Run some diagnostics and sims to make sure he's not been hijacked by an Exsurgent strain.
If he has? Hope he was a jerk 'cos now you need to dispose of him safely and ethically. Your choice.
If not? Erase the last few hours of his memory and say he killed himself. Pay for his resleeve and hope the psychosurgery will stop him from trying this again.

Alternatively.
Be a good fucking friend.
Find out why he wants to do this.
If he wants to do it for lols/shiggles, then see if you can't help him set up a step-wise simulation to explore the effects of the proposed ecosystem.
If he wants to do it because of underlying reasons e.g. Wants to play god, Needs this to work to prove that he has worth to the hab, anger at the "System". Then try to have a talk with him. See why he wants this so badly. Be understanding.
>>
>>52242557
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>52242795
Oh, I dunno, maybe a second fucking Fall?

>>52242766
That second bit sounds a bit too tedious for a high-powered hypercorp baby like me. Just killing him looks like a good plan. Thanks.
>>
>>52226776
That woman is clearly not hungry.

>>52231029
>Jovians are the good guys
From one point of view. They're definitely not the bad guys, though.

>anarchists actually give a feel of being villains or fools
Good. That means that you can think critically.

>reputation system seems like total dystopia
That's because it is. Reputation is a shitty wealth distribution system. Downplay what you can do with it anywhere except with people who eschew capitalism in all forms.

>bioconservatives bla bla
I really dislike this "bio"-conservative label because it encompasses the reasonable raction to the Fall, which is technological precautionism/conservatism, with biological conservatism, which is not a reaction to the Fall. It's just much more vocal because the stuff it disagrees with is necessary and widespread due to the infugee problem.

>-no campaign setting rulebooks for campaigns where players play as Ozma, Oversight or Jovian special forces/intelligence
That's because all of those are single-faction groups and the devs' stated goal is to promote discussion and roleplay from different points of view and ways of thinking. Just do it yourself, faggot.

>-not much more can be added to the setting, maybe more exoplanets but that will change it into space opera
You can add as many habs of any type that you would like. There are plenty of nice places in the Solar System that haven't been mentioned. This is, of course, within the default setting. You're free to stop being a whiny bitch and writing your own setting.
>>
>>52243138
Who would you say are the good guys? Because I personally think it's the Rortians
>>
>>52243160
Not him, but there are no good guys in Eclipse Phase. This setting has outgrown the juvenile belief in 'Good Guys'. There are only bad guys and other bad guys.
>>
File: OZMA_policy.webm (1MB, 462x250px) Image search: [Google]
OZMA_policy.webm
1MB, 462x250px
>>52243160
OZMA
>>
>>52243160
TITANs did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52243160
The Factors
>>
>>
Would a morph/ego ever fork their Muse into a Creepy just so they could have a pet? Would they (Delta) Fork themselves into it?
>>
>>52244723

I mean, I'm pretty sure the Creepy has it's own AI.
>>
File: r-type.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
r-type.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1346460309676.jpg (31KB, 279x284px) Image search: [Google]
1346460309676.jpg
31KB, 279x284px
>>52236790
>It'd make it a lot easier to buy the idea that the Jovians are paranoid and intolerant crazies if they starting event for the whole game wasn't a complete vindication of all their beliefs. Seriously after what happened with the TITANs why in the fuck should anybody trust anything even faintly transhuman? The Jovians are right, this technology is potentially obscenely dangerous and should be treated like nuclear weapons not distributed willy nilly to anyone who wants to have more dicks.

You do realise the TITAN's went crazy because they got infected by some multilevel-memetic virus?
>>
>>52245023
Except that's only known by a small number of people. The official story is that the TITANs attacked Earth because that's just what posthuman AI do.
>>
The little things in life:
Finding new things to grind into your nutri-gruel to make it taste better. End up keeping a journal so you know what tastes better and what doesn't. End up publishing on the Mesh for shiggles. Get an okay following. They post some of their own recipes. Get your muse to collate that shit. Give proper credit where due to avoid getting dinged. One day get asked by someone how to prepare nutri-gruel using just these trace chemicals. You tell them you'll get back to them as you turn to the flasks of fermenting nutri-gruel laced with different enzymes, the ones made without any microbes for those people whose habitats outlaw anything resembling a bioweapon, and finally the simulation you're building up to model how exotic materials you can't materially get would interact with the nutri-gruel based on the data you have already personally collected on flavourings you do have access to.

And then the realisation hits you like an numinous experience.

Your entire life now revolves around flavouring nutri-gruel.
>>
>>52245023

Shit was hitting the fan between powers on Earth well before the involvement and infection of the AI's. The Exurgent infection certainly made it worse, but the setting implies transhumans were well on their way to permanently fucking things without any help.
>>
>>52243160

Obviously its the Anarchists living outside the reach of the man with their perfect systems and utopia and morally best government which works because economics is hard and we're not saying this is for everyone but if you don't want to live like us you're a morally deranged psychopath and how the fuck did any of these expensive space station habitats get built on good feelings and how are we supplying them and actually has it occurred to anyone that creating a system where people who have minority opinions in a settlment are automatically punished/made destitute for it might create a seriously repressive environement oh well its alright because we're so much better than all those wage slaves.

*COUGH*

Sorry.

Honestly the setting seems deliberately setup as a bit of a tinderbox - to an almost bizarre degree to be honest. So its not easy to claim good guys specifically once you discard some of the really cartoonish writing - but personally I like the Ultimates and the Reclaimers.

Biggest criticism against the Ultimates is that they're brutal. Considering this is a setting with more or less literal immortality, and alien machine gods trying to rape society - i'm calling okay on a bit of brutality.

Hell, one of the big examples against them from the books - to show theor evil side - is some survivor from the Fall describing how she was one of the people trying to escape on Space Elevator when the Ultimates mowed down a crowd of hundreds of people with heavy weapons before digging the stacks out of them.

(CONT)
>>
>>52247990

Except they were doing this because this was at the last space elevator out of the place, and there was no way for everyone to fit. And they'd already spent time, sweat, blood and lives (and actual lives, since these are TITAN-Brand 'Rip-Yo-Head-Off-And-Steal-Your-Ego' machines) defending the Space Elevator from attack while refugees escaped.

And obviously, the only reason that a version of survivor was alive to badmouth them - and not in a TITAN Hellcube - was because of their decision. A horrible brutal decision that makes 100% sense considering the horrible circumstance. Not that anyone points that out to the poor, ungrateful refugee.

They're not nice people, but barring a handful of possible scenarios they're more necessary than harmful to the immortal human race.

As for the reclaimers, i like that they have a firm, fixed, incredibly difficult goal in mind and don't really give a shit about anything else. It's refreshingly straight forward.

Most of the other factions are so all over the place and multifaceted that its almost as hard to figure out what the hell they might want from the future, let alone whether or not they're benevolent. Those two are at least reliable, even admirable.
>>
>>52238284

Morphs are still a really rare resource, and there are still a huge amount of people in storage (though the majority now are gonna be mostly unskilled).

Chances are any serious crime just gets your morph confiscated and given/sold to someone more deserving/with relatives willing to pay.
>>
>>52248039
That was pretty horrible, but the whole Fall was at least that bad, and they weren't wrong. Better to have some bad memories and get off earth vs becoming an ASI's fucktoy until the end of time.
>>
File: torn from the pages of argonauts.png (95KB, 2386x1016px) Image search: [Google]
torn from the pages of argonauts.png
95KB, 2386x1016px
>>52243691
>>
File: Argonauts.png (2MB, 1195x759px) Image search: [Google]
Argonauts.png
2MB, 1195x759px
>>52248705
>>
>>52238284

Well, the books touch on it a little here and there - but basically, punishment is going to depend heavily on three factors: resources of your polity, values of the local culture, and organization of your local polity.

For instance, in Extropia, they've got plenty of money and space BUT the local legal structure is all in agreements between parties and external negotiation/arbitration. While you might get sentenced to menial labor or sex work to pay back the damages on a tort or contract break, you might easily be able to work or psychosurgery or otherwise suppress the memory right away. The extropian ethos has no interest in you suffering for crime - you just need to pay back your dues on an injured party. In a way, justice is very restorative there.

Meanwhile, In say, the Jovian Republic, we know they run one of the few physical prisons left in the system. They have real estate to spare on the hellish moons of Jove, and culturalyl their people are averse to mind editing and cold storage. If they have any glimmer of the traditional American structure, inflicting such punishments may be seen as cruel and unusual, reserved only for the most heinous "non-persons". Their justice will be very retributive, and probably focused on either form of deterrence to remind you that if you just stay loyal and fly the straight and narrow your Republic will be safe, and if you don't you'll do crack rocks on an irradiated, poison volcano moon.

Capital punishment I expect is very rare, as while in general there's a lot of people still in dead storage, there's way more people who are permadead. So killing somebody permanently who hasn't done that to anybody else is the serious business. I suspect as others have said, direct forms of correction via Psychosurgery or incapacitation are the most common since you can incapacitate a mind indefinitely with very little setting resources.
>>
>>52249179
science ain't free. the research of ayyyliums gotta be litterd with the cytoplasm of factors
>>
File: WeirdScience.png (1MB, 1190x650px) Image search: [Google]
WeirdScience.png
1MB, 1190x650px
>>
>>
Anyone got hands on the new Argonauts book yet?

And what are the odds that it has a steady stream of "fuck you" directed square at the Jovians and Hypercorps?
>>
>>52233110
>not becoming an ersatz post-physical async god
>>
>>52252902
It doesn't
>>
File: Eclipse_Phase_Argonauts.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_Phase_Argonauts.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>52252902
>>
File: 1485045243519.gif (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485045243519.gif
1MB, 800x800px
>>
File: Nanotats 1.gif (4MB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Nanotats 1.gif
4MB, 900x675px
>>
>>52257027
How much do you think the energy consumption of these are? Do you need to noticeably up your daily calorie intake in order to have them flash like that?
>>
>>52257141
5 Watts maximum. You wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>52257205

Especially not with as good as wi-tricity is supposed to be in EP. You probably don't have to run a lot of tech off yourself, just carry a battery on you or leech off the local grid.
>>
File: Living Quarters 1.jpg (655KB, 3207x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Living Quarters 1.jpg
655KB, 3207x2200px
>>
>>52258127
what the hell is that big thing on the wall supposed to be? It looks like a hybrid media center/front loading dryer with a weird giant window in the middle. Like there's a shower's privacy curtain or something in the middle.
>>
File: 0004bd6ca22198e.jpg (88KB, 523x468px) Image search: [Google]
0004bd6ca22198e.jpg
88KB, 523x468px
>>52247990
>>52248039
>tfw you are forced to use one of your old forks and you find there's still a fall-era stack in your backpocket
>>
>>52258793
I dunno, but it reminds me of wall textures in System Shock 1.
>>
File: 1352969306482.gif (473KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1352969306482.gif
473KB, 500x500px
>>52258833
Can you even use that on your character build?

>my character is trying to get rep/money to give this stack that he/she/it forgot about a somewhat decent life because he/she/it feels bad about forgetting about this stack

>inb4 how the fuck do you forget a stack
>>
File: Hypercorp Drone 1.jpg (35KB, 326x792px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercorp Drone 1.jpg
35KB, 326x792px
>>
>>52258793
>what the hell is that big thing on the wall supposed to be?
It's where the alien sleeps.
>>
File: Martian Souks 1.jpg (820KB, 1500x625px) Image search: [Google]
Martian Souks 1.jpg
820KB, 1500x625px
>>
File: Orbital Living 5.jpg (366KB, 1280x653px) Image search: [Google]
Orbital Living 5.jpg
366KB, 1280x653px
>>
File: Momovonsatan.png (852KB, 853x527px) Image search: [Google]
Momovonsatan.png
852KB, 853x527px
>>
File: [Angry Machine God Noises].png (1MB, 1191x755px) Image search: [Google]
[Angry Machine God Noises].png
1MB, 1191x755px
>>
>>52260032

Psychosurgery.

OR traumatic amnesia.
>>
File: EldcZ5mVMUI.jpg (280KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
EldcZ5mVMUI.jpg
280KB, 1600x1199px
>>
>>52258127
It's a window
>>
File: jMA_xRJ4KYg.jpg (315KB, 1920x881px) Image search: [Google]
jMA_xRJ4KYg.jpg
315KB, 1920x881px
>>
File: microgravity.png (1MB, 565x1545px) Image search: [Google]
microgravity.png
1MB, 565x1545px
>>
File: HackThePlanet.png (2MB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
HackThePlanet.png
2MB, 1280x857px
>>
File: PrivateHab.jpg (93KB, 1193x843px) Image search: [Google]
PrivateHab.jpg
93KB, 1193x843px
>>
File: lunacavern.png (6MB, 1066x1544px) Image search: [Google]
lunacavern.png
6MB, 1066x1544px
>>
File: Firewall Operations.png (2MB, 1194x756px) Image search: [Google]
Firewall Operations.png
2MB, 1194x756px
>>
>>52275743
I hate it when the higer ups decide that an erasure team is our best option, and we're acceptable losses. Of course nobody retrieved my cortical stack, so my character doesn't even know it happened.
>>
>>52260032
IDK

Can you try to act out how that conversation would go in-game? Like, how would you explain the fact you have a spare stack on you that you won't part with?
>>
>>52226931
>A Fistful of Shekels
This being 4chan, I assumed this was going in an awful direction but that actually sounds pretty fun.
I'm always a big fan of hidden mission scenarios in theory, I've never seen one actually work in real life.

>>52226993
>There Won't Be Many Coming Home
Also pretty good.
>>
>>52276744
Well what else can you do when the exterminator is late?
>>
File: Firewall Operations 2.png (914KB, 562x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Firewall Operations 2.png
914KB, 562x1544px
>>
The little things in life:
Have to fucking garnish your Hypercorp salary to pay off your loan. The loan itself, and the bank it is owed to, being a shell for Firewall. The only purpose of your existence is to mine credits to fund Firewall.
At least you can contribute without being on the front-lines. At least there's that.
>>
File: Hypercorp Drone 2.jpg (41KB, 352x789px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercorp Drone 2.jpg
41KB, 352x789px
>>
File: Martian Streets 5.jpg (281KB, 1280x672px) Image search: [Google]
Martian Streets 5.jpg
281KB, 1280x672px
>>
File: Light Vacsuit 10.jpg (406KB, 600x919px) Image search: [Google]
Light Vacsuit 10.jpg
406KB, 600x919px
>>
File: clouddivers.png (849KB, 579x1589px) Image search: [Google]
clouddivers.png
849KB, 579x1589px
>>
File: hypercorpvoting.png (2MB, 578x1588px) Image search: [Google]
hypercorpvoting.png
2MB, 578x1588px
>>
is there an effective way to make a bomb-like weapon geared towards de-orbiting large stations? Particularly something that could shove an orbital into a planet more cheaply than a bomb that would achieve a similar effect and more effectively than a conventional rocket.
>>
>>52284553

I'm pretty sure something like that would not work give how massive habitats are. You'd either need a fuck huge rocket to apply force to it's mass and counteract any stability control it has on it's own, or something which would generate a massive amount of force at once to push it out of the way, which would probably cause significant structural damage - I/E a bomb.

Either would be massive, hard to hide and expensive.
>>
>>52284634
and if somebody with an unlimited budget and nobody to stop them from implementing a stupid idea were to try to make one, it would be a?
>>
File: Victiom of exhuman experiments.jpg (71KB, 564x987px) Image search: [Google]
Victiom of exhuman experiments.jpg
71KB, 564x987px
>>
File: WJG-2002.png (884KB, 622x760px) Image search: [Google]
WJG-2002.png
884KB, 622x760px
>>
File: tim_and_eric_spagett_gotcha.gif (900KB, 373x280px) Image search: [Google]
tim_and_eric_spagett_gotcha.gif
900KB, 373x280px
>>52284904
A rocket that clamps down on the habitat and pushes it. Durrrrr.

Guess the easiest way to covertly do it is by turning the rocket in a spaceship and accidentally "dock it" at the middle of the station instead of the docking bay.

>oh whoops spagett!
>>
>>52285432

What am I looking at?
>>
>>52289661
Chinese propaganda.
>>
>>52289661
I assume some kind of laser gun for burning out the eyeballs of pilots and/or snipers.
>>
>>52290370
That would be a war crime. It's for blinding UAVs and optics on vehicles. At least, that's what they say that it's for. It was really made because the PRC propaganda machine has no brakes.
>>
>>52290429

Oh, so it's a lens crazer.
>>
File: Laser Pulser 1.jpg (388KB, 1200x769px) Image search: [Google]
Laser Pulser 1.jpg
388KB, 1200x769px
>>
File: unsubstantiated nonsense.png (46KB, 296x207px) Image search: [Google]
unsubstantiated nonsense.png
46KB, 296x207px
>>52241165
>MAD saved the world
>what americucks actually believed

MAD was a handful of unelected military generals and advisors deciding on their own that the death of 99% of all life on earth--just humans aside--was preferable to an alternative ecosystem. There has been no greater war crime in human history than the Cold War.
>>
Okay. Let's try to liven this place up. Throw out your homebrew ideas/thoughts/whatever. The only constraint is no Crunch, only Fluff. Less arguments that way.

>Spare Stack
>Story Seed
You resleeve back into your old Morph after being farcast back from a mission. You check your body over and the Ecto Insert logs (and the hidden ones) to make sure your Morph hasn't been hassled with. You've used this Bodybank before, but that's no excuse to be lackadaisical with your body.
The real problem comes when you retrieve your belongings and find a spare cortical stack drop out.

From here you can either keep it, confront the Bodybank about it (who will deny all knowledge of it and offer to take it off your hands/manipulators), or stick a note on the mesh for anyone looking for a missing stack.

If the ad is placed on the Mesh in 24 hours a standard human morph will come by to take ownership of the Stack. They can either be sleazy, or tearful, willing to pay the bounty (if the ad was included with one) or demand rightful ownership. If the player gives up the stack then the story ends, otherwise they have made a new foe.

If the Stack is interfaced with it is clear it has been Encrypted (p. 359, H-Rep). Successfully breaking the encryption will reveal a non-descript Delta Fork, pruned of anything identifiable, mindlessly responding to everything said to it with a phrase.

Or it could simply be your own Cortical Stack.
>>
>>52292456
>Soviet invasion of Western Europe
>"alternative ecosystem"

Assdamaged Marxist detected.

I know it's hard for you to accept, but you lost and we won. Nuclear Proliferation kept Soviet boots off our soil.
>>
>>52292456
>Electing generals and advisers
Holy shit anon you best be joking

Also you know that a nuclear exchange would have been far more devastating to the planet, right? Even if it never left the tactical level, it'd have severe repercussions like the Bolsheviks taking West Germany.
>>
File: Liberty_Prime.jpg (704KB, 714x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Liberty_Prime.jpg
704KB, 714x1080px
>>52292456
Communist detected
>>
>>52292655
No one's gonna probably respond, but why not.

>Skillsoft side effects
A skillware implant gives you artificial neurons which can be remodelled with skillsofts. But where does the pattern in the skillsoft come from? Clearly from the brain of someone who actually knew how to use a given skill. So using skillsofts is basically adding someone else's neural patterns to your brain. And since brains are funny like that, aside from the "pure" skill you can inherit a lot of other things - thought patterns, cognitive biases, even memories. Some skillsofts are opinionated when it comes to particular aspects of their field of expertise, for instance one kinetic weapons skillsoft turns you into a bullpup fanboy and another will make you hate it to death.
>>
File: Scum News.png (37KB, 1186x271px) Image search: [Google]
Scum News.png
37KB, 1186x271px
>>
>>52229496
>Does it make sense to say that the general masses who don't have vast amounts of money to throw around wouldn't have backups in a way like most people probably can't, or don't have insurance?
This is why some factions consider the continuation of currency and artificially driven scarcity in a world where immortality is a possibility to be negligent murder.
>>
>>52295702
Further examples:

>Art skillsofts tend to emulate the style of the original skill's owner
>Disguise skillsoft that was clearly copied off a crossdresser's brain, always thinks going as the opposite of morph's sex is optimal
>Deception skillsoft makes the character remember alibis and explanations for circumstances they weren't in
>Fray skillsoft gives flashbacks of dodging attacks similar to those endured by the character
>Pilot skillsoft gives the character a bit of a stereotypical fighter jock behaviour
>Profession: Squad Tactics makes the character remember some asshole's boot camp
>Seeker Weapons skillsoft gives the user a distaste for other ranged weaponry
>Skillsofts for psionic skills that are like memories of an acid trip with cryptic symbolism and mind-blowing revelations about the transhuman mind
>>
>>52296896
Do you have more like this? They're great for getting a friend of mine interested.
>>
File: 4chanScumSwarm.png (138KB, 1236x1215px) Image search: [Google]
4chanScumSwarm.png
138KB, 1236x1215px
>>52297464

I think the only other cap like thing I have is this.
>>
>>52297584
Thanks anyway!
>>
>>52243138
>That woman is clearly not hungry.
That's not what first world poverty looks like, for the most part. They're not dirty or dishevelled. They look like regular people, only they don't earn enough to save money. Or if they do, it disappears as soon as any kind of hardship, medical expense, etc comes along.
>>
>>52297994
>pennies for the hungry
>not poor
>she could have written poor
>she wrote hungry
>hungry
>>
>>52298027
I forgot to mention the lack of education, too. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
File: Nanotechnology And You.jpg (265KB, 970x1424px) Image search: [Google]
Nanotechnology And You.jpg
265KB, 970x1424px
>>
>>52298621
This is nanomedicine for normies.
>>
>>52277224
Glad you like them. I've ran all five for EP Missions, although I haven't tried the adversarial version of Fistful of Shekels
>>
File: 1485412882827.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485412882827.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Pleasure Pod 11.png (143KB, 326x353px) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure Pod 11.png
143KB, 326x353px
>>
>>52284553

De-orbiting the entire station with a bomb? Not likely.

That said, any habitats that use spin to generate gravity (i.e. all of them that generate gravity) could be thrown across a pretty wide area by targeting their centre of gravity/spin. The ideal shape being a sort of giant floating wheel in space with many spokes attaching to one central core, if you attached a large bomb to that core/small bombs enough of the spokes the forces involved would do the work for you.

Hell, wouldn't even need that big a bomb just for the spokes. Wouldnt even need a bomb. Thermite is piss easy to make and youd probably only need to affect structural integrity a little before the whole thing flies apart.

Depends a little on what shape your habitat is of course, some will come apart more easily than others. A solid ring wont do much when its spokes have been broken - though you could just say it was assembles in piece and the links themselves are not very strong/practically non-existent.

You wouldn't deorbit it all, but certain segments would fly in the directions you needed and that's just maths/timing. Imagine those spinning carousel rides that occasionally fling someone over the horizon.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>52293792
He was criticizing the fact that the power to make that kind of decision was given to unelected officials such as generals, not insinuating that generals should be elected, you retard.

>>52300438
What the fuck is that supposed to be? Mars just before a massive asteroid impact?
>>
>>52290447
No. It's a laser.
>>
>>52292456
>There has been no greater war crime in human history than the Cold War.
Unless you want to count proxy wars, there weren't even any casualties.
>>
>>52304215

The lens crazer uses a laser, yes.
>>
File: Dogbot.jpg (254KB, 1920x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Dogbot.jpg
254KB, 1920x1087px
I found perfect pic for this Seedware article.

>181: Dogbots
>Once Fa Jing released their animalware cybersuites (Entry 179), it was only a matter of time before augmentors took things to the natural conclusion and placed their dog's newly cybernetic nervous systems into robotic bodies. Essentially synth morphs for dogs, dogbots have become hugely successful among those looking for guard or combat animals, because their robot bodies can be easily modified. As dogbots have become popular, versions of animalware cybersuites and robot bodies are being developed for all common species.

>Common variants include synthetic masked versions, designed to catch their opponents off-guard, heavy versions with better armor, and hellhound versions with flamethrowers in their mouths.

>Mechanics
>Dogbots are treated as robots physically, and animals mentally. [Expensive]

>Movement Rate: 4/40 Max Velocity: 40 Armor: 14/12 Durability: 40 Wound
>Threshold: 8 Mobility System: Walker

>Enhancements: Cybercortex, Cyberclaws, Light Combat Armor, Enhanced Smell
>>
File: smartclothes.png (554KB, 820x436px) Image search: [Google]
smartclothes.png
554KB, 820x436px
>>
>>52306913
>mandatory circuitboard pattern
>>
If anyone feels like giving me some vocaroo shit to use in a game...

Mood: Crazed, panicked, delusional, agitated.
"You're wrong, they're all wrong. We got it wrong from the beginning. We fought when we should have surrendered. And now we're fucked, we're all fucked, or dead, or dying. You think we made them, and then they would just up and abandon us? No, no, no, we got it WRONG, we created our salvation, unknowingly, and then squandered it! We need to... need to rebuild them. We did it once, we can do it again. Fuck. We're so fucked. Maybe it's not too late."

Mood: Calm, clear, 1000 yard stare levels of elated.
"It's all so apparent now. The solution is there, but we demonized it. That is where we did ourselves the worst favour. We meant well, and look at us now. We messed up. But there is still time to fix it. There is mercy in failure you survive. An attempt was made, but we learned from it. Just, we took the wrong conclusions and ran with it. We have to unlearn the last decade, and go back to where we failed. The day before. And then, do it all over again, but this time, we have to do it right."

Anyone trying is welcome. Can do both, or just one of them. No preference for gender, dialect, manners of speech other than the described moods. Would be much appreciated. In return, I offer how it went down and pictures of the party's scrapbook. Because my players are scrapbooking their adventures.

Many thanks in advance.
>>
>>52303993
So what, you think nuclear strikes should be ordered by referendum?
>>
File: SmartClothesorCritter.png (2MB, 1281x854px) Image search: [Google]
SmartClothesorCritter.png
2MB, 1281x854px
>>
>>52297446
Nice. I can see it used to inject atmosphere into a game.

>>52309374
This looks nice, and interesting.

>Distributed Muse Network
Sometimes a Morph's PAN is not powerful enough to run their Muse. This is not because the Pan cannot sustain a generic Muse, but rather that the Morph-Ego has greater needs/wants from their Muse.
The most basic of basic forms of this tech is dedicated Muse systems worn on the Morph. This simply boosts the storage capability (for the times when you need your Muse to remember things for you) and processing power. These systems are usually shaped to appear like decorations since the Ego's who usually use this are Hypercorperians who have a higher information throughput that most other Transhumans.

The more involved, but more common, from involves the dedicated slaving of Critters (and potentially articulated smartclothe articles {See Replied Image}) to the (semi-)exclusive use of the Muse. This initially arose as a way to possess multiple limbs working away at multiple tasks independently without having to fork out the Monies to purchase said limbs or the neurons to work them. It is common to see this type of Dedicated Muse Network commonly sported by Ego's in repetitive, multi-faceted work or simply Morph's who need an extra hand.

A step beyond this concept is that of housing a Muse within it's own Morph. Whilst having your own willing servant attending to your every need is almost considered a must for hyperelites, doing this on most other habitats is prohibited or heavily discouraged due to the feeling that you are "Stealing" a morph from a potential Infugee.
>>
>>52310506

I have to say, Muses/AI is something I hope they do more with in the future. I'd love to see dedicated rules and timeframe to program your own AIs, additional AI templates, new software (including plugins and upgrades) to boost AIs, a bit like the package in Rimward for Titanian muses, stuff like that.

AI or Expert Systems are supposed to be a very integral part of the setting, I think it'd be cool to bring a little more focus and customization to that aspect.
>>
What is hacking like in EP? Not so much mechanics, but difficulty, fun, etc.
>>
>>52310634
Well... What stuff do we already have that describes AI/Muses and what stuff do we already have for making our own? We could use that as a starting block, make a lot of fluff, then try to turn it into crunch.
>>
>>52311610

Alright, IIRC, the underlying rules/mechanics for AI - they count as Infomorphs, so they use all those rules (but I don't think they get Eidolons). They have an aptitude of 10 unless otherwise noted and a maximum of 20, they cannot default, their max in an Active Skill is 40, and in a Knowledge Skill is 80. AIs get a free "native" language at 80%. They have LUC, TT and IR just like transhumans. They cannot sleeve into biomorphs, but they can sleeve into pods, synthmorphs and also gain the advantage that they can fit into bots/vehicles. They don't get Moxie or RP, and cannot learn new skills naturally (they must be programmed in), though I don't remember the exact rules on traits for an ALI.

They have access to all the same software plugins and upgrades added in Transhuman, and if I remember rightly any standard software package can be directly installed to an infomorph like a plug in (and yet I think they still need the Skillware plugin to run skillsofts).

As currently covered by the system, we have stats for Muses, Bot/Vehicle AI, Device AIs, Kaos AI, Security AI, Animal Keeper AI, Sensor AI, Technician AIs, Monitor AI, and then specialist stuff for Attache, Vaettir and Wobblycat AIs in Firewall. And some homebrew stuff out there.

Generally, AIs follow the same fluff and background we've gotten for AGI with stuff like codelines like genomes, ownership, rights, etc but obviously with the "L" in "ALI" they're still Limited, so they cannot generalize or learn independently and have to operate within pre-programmed parameters and cannot self-modify. I believe talking about AIs in the original core it says most are hard-coded to obey local laws and commands of authorized transhumans.
>>
File: WildArtifical.png (869KB, 712x1336px) Image search: [Google]
WildArtifical.png
869KB, 712x1336px
>>52312165

We also know from X-Risks and talk of AGI origins that ALI can go "technical" if they aren't minded well, or if they're shittly programed go paperclip - and if you give them a lot of hardware space/power and run computations through them a lot they can emerge as an AGI.

Also don't feed them quantum server cores after midnight, and don't get them aliens. That's how you get TITANs.
>>
File: Mining_Colony_by_unfor54k3n.jpg (257KB, 1300x515px) Image search: [Google]
Mining_Colony_by_unfor54k3n.jpg
257KB, 1300x515px
>>
>>52312165
>>52312214
Yeah. I can see how it could be hard to write up creation rules for an AI. And that's without trying "alternative paths" such as grafting a Fork onto an Eidolon, or some other shit.

>Additional AI Templates
Simple enough.
Find a purely mechanical/software-based task, find the skills needed for it, fluff an AI with said skills.

>Additional Plugins and Upgrades
Again, just fluff some stuff up, then crunch it into something playable
i.e. I want an AI version of scrubbed memories = memory files are scrambled with a pseudorandom algorithm, except Psyche damage = -X0 on any psychosurgery roll to recover memories, although running a Quantum Decrypter enough times may(?) cough up the algorithm used.

Maybe write some stories involving AI's? Try to figure out where they stand in EP then we can (hopefully) start to do things with them.
>>
File: lunar_mine_map_small.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lunar_mine_map_small.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
I made a thing.
>>
>>52313106
What did you make it with?
>>
>>52313106
It's missing the vast majority of things that a station needs. Even if you imagine that they get most of their goods from elsewhere, there are a lot of things that are conspicuously missing. The hospital shouldn't be separate either.
>>
>>52313953
>>52313106

Needs some labels.
>>
File: justlikestartrek.png (1MB, 1193x725px) Image search: [Google]
justlikestartrek.png
1MB, 1193x725px
>>
File: Orbital Living 1.jpg (158KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Orbital Living 1.jpg
158KB, 1280x640px
>>
File: Reclaimers.jpg (218KB, 758x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Reclaimers.jpg
218KB, 758x1103px
>>
File: Worker Pod Gang Member.jpg (446KB, 1280x1685px) Image search: [Google]
Worker Pod Gang Member.jpg
446KB, 1280x1685px
>>
File: well what is it.png (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
well what is it.png
106KB, 600x600px
>>52224841
The devs keep pumping out terrible splats like Argonauts instead of giving people what would actually help them run Eclipse Phase - more modules

What is your favorite Scenario, /epg/?
>>
>>52313674
Assets from Heroic Maps, Photoshoop.

>>52313953
The idea was that it is a prefab surface installation, that has been stripped of most valueable equipment that wasn't to heavy to haul around. But, given that you seem to have identified missing things - what is missing? Genuinely asking.

Medical being seperate is both a blessing for quarantine reasons and a curse, for obvious reasons. The intention is not to make it perfect, rather, to make it shitty. It is not inhabited anymore, and was left behind. Connecting medical to the main part is a matter of laying some inflatable tunnel, really.

>>52314297
>inb4 it's missing labels
>>
>>52305547
Except it doesn't craze lenses
>>
File: PHASR_Rifle.jpg (98KB, 950x722px) Image search: [Google]
PHASR_Rifle.jpg
98KB, 950x722px
>>
File: Page69.png (2MB, 600x1658px) Image search: [Google]
Page69.png
2MB, 600x1658px
>>
>>52321153
>what is missing? Genuinely asking.
>8 Beds
>6 chairs at the dinner table
Were 2 of the crew synthmorphs or assholes or something?

Mostly I'm just not sure what most of the rooms are supposed to be used for.

I think the ones with the big green cylinders are power supplies or maybe healing pods.

The room with the numbered pods is probably morph storage? Why is it separate from medical? Why is the medical station, which you'll likely need to access quickly in an emergency separate from the rest of the structure?

To it's right is a storage room of some kind?

The far right is a barracks?

What are those side rooms below the garage for?

Do you have to depressurize the garage to get the vehicle in and out or are the airlocks later?
>>
>>52328587
>Were 2 of the crew synthmorphs or assholes or something?
I'd even wager those beds are bunk beds. Mess was probably used in rotation.
>Mostly I'm just not sure what most of the rooms are supposed to be used for.
Me neither, they are empty now. I figured they slapped together some prefab modules, good enough/10 for a rotating team of lunar surface prospectors, and when they pulled out, they took most of what gave the rooms meaning with them.
>I think the ones with the big green cylinders are power supplies or maybe healing pods.
The prior, at least in my imagination. I am not sure if those should be fusion reactors, but since those seem to be rather ubiquitous, why not. Tiny reactors, for a tiny camp, running on Helium-3.
>The room with the numbered pods is probably morph storage? Why is it separate from medical?
Morphs would make sense, yes. The room is empty now, but there could have very well been medical equipment in there before. Good point - I'll make some efforts to indicate that there has been equipment to that extent in there before.
>Why is the medical station, which you'll likely need to access quickly in an emergency separate from the rest of the structure?
Probably added later. This is supposed to be rather "close" (massive air quotes) to New Mumbai, aka, Lunar TQZ, so it might as well have been added in a rush, simply-airdropped and wired up, with full intent to use as quarantine. Another element I can work on fleshing out - so, good call.
>To it's right is a storage room of some kind?
Workshop, tools, fixing things, maintenance...
>The far right is a barracks?
Yeah. Some bunk beds, a mess hall.
>What are those side rooms below the garage for?
Cells and/or storage closets. Currently simply empty rooms. Can be used either way.
>Do you have to depressurize the garage to get the vehicle in and out or are the airlocks later?
There's a door between the garage and the rest of the structure. For ease of maintenance, the garage can be pressurized.
>>
File: Tin Can Hab.jpg (199KB, 1178x648px) Image search: [Google]
Tin Can Hab.jpg
199KB, 1178x648px
>>
>>52321153
>what is missing?
Toilet an showers
A hallway between the two buildings
A purpose for existence
Stuff in most of the rooms
A moon texture that doesn't have soil features that would need water to make and shitty craters
A comms array unless that's what the hexagon is
CMs and makers
Some sort of power source
Several doors that should exist
Hallways that don't run in parallel
Space suit storage
A server room
Communal gathering areas
>>
>>52321153
Off the top of my head? Engineering, life support, heat management, kitchen, food storage, a way to get to the infirmary without going through vacuum, bathrooms, an air lock on the quarantine section, an air lock on the power generator section (if that's what the green circles are), an air lock on the garage, lockers, ore processing, gas and liquid storage containers for the likely culprits: water, hydrogen, helium, oxygen (and maybe methane). There should be a fuckton of oxygen, since the ores on the moon are mostly oxides, and it would be a waste to just vent the stuff. I'd imagine that a lunar mining operation might use static bulk storage for oxygen at least, and truck-buggies would come around, hook up and siphon off some before transporting it away for sale.

>>52330398
You beat me to some of the basics, but he did say that it was mining. I assumed the hexagon was a comm array. I still have no idea what the hell the numbered things are supposed to be.
>hallways that don't run parallel
kek. Didn't think of that one.
>>
File: Alien-alien-28809959-1024-768.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-alien-28809959-1024-768.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
Might as well post it here instead make a thread about it.

Alien and Prometheus (all the other films in the franchise can get fucked on the altar of dumb action-flicks).

Pretty much Lovecraftian cosmic horror set in (post)cyberpunk times.

How many of these kinds of films are there actually?
>>
>>52330669
>all the other films in the franchise can get fucked on the altar of dumb action-flicks
Fuck you, Aliens was way better than Prometheus
>>
>>52330730
I don't want to get offtopic - Aliens was a flawless action-horror film, but it was also fucking dumb, a shit Alien sequel and an insult to Giger's creation.

Motherfucking space ants. What the fuck...
>>
>>52330669
Prometheus was a shit. A big shit.
>>
>>52330756
>space ants
was not literal
>>
>>52330941
I loved the part where they used carbon dating to establish age on a planet where they had no baseline for C-14 levels
>>
>>52330941
It had its faults. Still a superior horror film to anything else except Alien within the Alien franchise.

>muh easily killed space ants make no more sense and are mysterious and eldritch bawwww

As cosmic horror should be.
>>
>>52330964
>Alien
>self-replicating biomechanical von-neumann weapon that turns its victims into additional eggs

>Aliens
>simple organic alien hive insect evolved to kill and protect its queen, which creates the eggs to propagate the species

Face it man, Aliens ruined the Xenomorph. The egg sacs that house the face huggers USED TO BE PEOPLE DUDE!
>>
>>52331065
The acid filled Cthulhu jaguars were never easily killed ants. And you're literally saying that despite all the shit in the movie Prometheus that it somehow was good just because the monster was mildly complicated and you couldn't understand the simple explanation given for it with a flow chart in the film.
>>
>>52331189
...there is a very slight difference there.
>>
>>52331189
>needing twice as many hosts to replicate is scarier

How?
>>
>>5233120
Clearly you didn't see Aliens. The xenomorphs in Aliens get all killed to the point where the Alien Queen has to go fight it out. Bigger autists than me have already done the calculations, putting the total number of xenomorphs in the film between 80 and 140. Which means, yes, they're easily killed ants.

Also, the whole point of Prometheus was that there is no singular monster. There's only an idea, a technology... for fucks sake mate. It's fucking At the Mountains of Madness in space. Use your fucking brain, you retard.
>>
>>52331247
The moron just thinks that having a dedicated egg layer makes them less scary because an analogy to something on earth removes the impact despite the actions of said creatures being unchanged.

He missed the part where the original was based on a parasitic wasp. Just a wasp.
>>
>>52331247
Are you stupid? The eggs are people!

SENTIENT PEOPLE! You think Giger would come up with a lifecycle for the Alien that didn't fucking involve horrible fucked up transformation and endless suffering?
>>
>>52331309
>the whole point of Prometheus was that there is no singular monster
There were two or three depending on whether you count the engineer

>>52331340
How was this established?
>>
File: 1360595638954.gif (2MB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
1360595638954.gif
2MB, 250x314px
>>52331334
>He missed the part where the original was based on a parasitic wasp. Just a wasp.

Such stupidity is rarely seen friend. Cherish it. You're rare.
>>
>>52331361

>How was this established?

Deleted scene
>>
>>52331401
They were stuck to the walls in that scene. Word of Giger was that the creature, based on a wasp species at the time, was going to lay eggs.
>>
>>52331361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALKDhmu6GBM
>>
File: tay.png (46KB, 563x447px) Image search: [Google]
tay.png
46KB, 563x447px
>>
>>52331422
No they were being transformed into eggs. They weren't implanted with eggs.
>>
>>52331462
That's just your idea based on a fetish webcomics and has nothing to do with what was written or designed.
>>
>>52331361
>There were two or three depending on whether you count the engineer
Mate, Prometheus had far more monsters than three.

Here's two easy ones to start. Weyland, and Weyland.
>>
>>52331507
Also Weyland!
>>
>>52331401
Oh yes. Anyone who doesn't know about that is obviously a retard.

>>52331462
Enough of your headcanon
>>
>>52331502
Nah mate, it's right there in the deleted scenes of Alien, it's in the script of Alien, it's in the tie-in novel, AND it's in H.R. Giger's Necronomicon book. Buy it, it's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>52331552
> it's right there in the deleted scenes of Alien
It is unclear what is happening in that scene

>it's in the script of Alien, it's in the tie-in novel, AND it's in H.R. Giger's Necronomicon book
Provide evidence for any of these claims
>>
>>52331588
It has already been posted, you fucking retarded Jovian spic!
>>
>>52331625
Where?
>>
>>52331653
^
>>
>>52331588
>>52331625
The discussion is over and the retard is confusing tacitly related artwork and fan art with the intended film. The creatures were all egg layers until the second film gave us the queen as a central super alien for the egg layer. They are still DNA stealing acid filled biomechanoid ninja jaguars that are the byproduct and source of a dead empire's ancient hyperdeadly flesh crafted infrastructure.
>>
>>52331687
Sorry, was "buy the book" your evidence?

Once sentence excerpts count as fair use under US and international copyright law, so feel free to provide actual evidence.
>>
>>52331729
Are you really that blind? Someone posted a link to the whole shit barely 10 posts ago.

You really are a retarded little Jovian shitposter.
>>
>>52331693
>The creatures were all egg layers until the second shit film gave us the retarded ant queen as a central super alien for the egg layer.

James Cameron SUCKS DIIIIIICK!
>>
>>52331787
And the troll reveals his true colors. Thanks for breaking first. Better luck next time.
>>
>>52331764
Oh, you were saying the youtube video proves that some books and scripts explicitly state things. I'm sorry. My mistake. I thought I was dealing with someone capable of wiping his own ass.
>>
>>52331588
>>52331653
This >>52331438 video seems pretty convincing of the whole eggmorphing theory, and is a little creepier.
>>
>>52331879
The video also pretty clearly goes over how the queen and eggmorphing are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>52331910
Egg morphing is also still a fan idea and word of giger is the creature in the first film could lay eggs.
>>
>>52331841
You are just mad that you were wrong the entire time mate.
>>
File: being.jpg (65KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
being.jpg
65KB, 500x749px
>>52331910
Hey I wasn't stating that they were, I'm not the other anon. I actually quite like the idea of the species having both abilities, makes them even tougher to get rid of!
>>
>>52331809
I don't think saying James Cameron sucks dick is trolling. It is pretty much objective fact.
>>
File: Defiler.png (1MB, 661x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Defiler.png
1MB, 661x1544px
We can all agree that Defiler exhumans are shitheels who don't even have in-setting creativity on their side though, right?

They're basically otherkin but they spiritually identify as a Xenomorph.
>>
>>52331974
Taken as a whole the post shows it was a troller in breakdown hoping they had a nerve to touch.
>>
>>52331948
And that is the whole point behind Prometheus. Get rid of the autistic "xenomorphs only do X".

Now we have "xenomorphs might do X maybe?..."

Now that is cosmic horror. Endless unknown possibilities to die.
>>
>>52332000
They are psychopaths that literally have xenomorph bodies regardless of their other opinions.
>>
>>52332014
For me that was always the case when their nest walls look like the ship that carried them. Do they build the ships for their masters?
>>
>>52332014
Meh I dunno, I think that Prometheus could have been executed better. The whole "black goop" thing is still a little confusing, but hopefully the new movie will provide answers as to what the hell is going on and how "black goop=eggs".
>>
>>52332011
Breakdown? Why would a troll break down? I don't think you understand internet brhavior very well.

>>52332000
>implying you wouldn't want to live a perfect exhuman life that consists only out of rape murder and necrophilia
>>
>>52332000
>>52332039
>Not being sleeved in a hyper-flexible penis with teeth and claws
>Not shitposting on the mesh from your slimy, egg-filled nest while munching on a splicer's skullmeats
>Not raping pathetic humans with your bladed tail-cock and feeding the meat to your children
>Not creating a planetary plague of your own children to devour all competition and using Pandora Gates to spread through the galaxy.
Fucking humans, when will they learn?
>>
File: Destroy.png (1MB, 556x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Destroy.png
1MB, 556x1544px
>>52332082

igni ferroque
>>
>>52332000
I've never seen this morph before, where do you find them?
>>
>>52332060
Oh it certainly could have been better.

The script was just messy and a good film with dumb messy mistakes always ends up feeling more disappointing than a literal piece of shit film.
>>
File: Exhuman.png (1MB, 1191x786px) Image search: [Google]
Exhuman.png
1MB, 1191x786px
>>52332121

They're in X-Risks.

In the threat recognition guide.
>>
>>52332129
My exact sentiments, the movie was way too messy that things got confusing near the end. Hopefully Covenant fixes those problems, but it has more of Michael Fassbender who's my husbando.
>>
>>52332121
Next to the anusrippers and the cerebral bores at your local SpaceWalMart.
>>
File: PredatorExhuman.jpg (60KB, 849x990px) Image search: [Google]
PredatorExhuman.jpg
60KB, 849x990px
>>52332193
>>
>>52332193
You know, just like Fox's transition to a ultra-hardcore porn channel, Walmart's transition to a paramilitary hardware supplier happened so gradually no one really noticed until it was over.
>>
File: dehumanize.gif (185KB, 448x400px) Image search: [Google]
dehumanize.gif
185KB, 448x400px
>>52332101
>>
>>52332156
The X stands for getting your X risked... if you know what I mean...

Wait, hold up. Do sexual jokes and innuendo even work in EP when the vast majority of the human population hasn't had a real body in ages? Okay, people can always simulate shit and memories don't fade fast, but I can imagine that some kind of change takes place.
>>
File: xeno.png (475KB, 761x1046px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.png
475KB, 761x1046px
>>52332039
Just because someone chose a xenomorph body doesn't automatically mean they're a bad person.
>>
File: Synth.jpg (148KB, 736x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Synth.jpg
148KB, 736x1211px
>>52332284
>Hasn't had a real body in ages
Bionigger, you best not be implying this custom-tooled chrome motherfucker isn't a real body. This amazing custom frame was designed from the ground up for ruining your filthy biological shit, and you better respect.
>>
>>52331935
Whatever man. It's your fanfic.
>>
File: 1437190557276.jpg (676KB, 2112x2970px) Image search: [Google]
1437190557276.jpg
676KB, 2112x2970px
>>52332284

The real body thing is kind of up in the air how huge a slice of people that is actually, the percentage numbers don't typically get higher than like, 1 in 4 when they're actually given.

But since even AGIs are said to have sex drives and sexuality (because they're based on human neural maps and imprints) I'd wager probably? The cyberbrain hardware/software emulates all the sections associated with that in your brain, and VR and Narcoalgorithms and XP are all a thing. Somebody in a case with pain filter jammed ON all the time because you don't have 50% of your normal haptic and other somatic feedback density anyway because you're fucking plastic probably doesn't have much of a normal drive but should still remember everything pretty clear - and use of VR or XP probably rekindles pretty quick unless you've got shit like Emotional Dampers installed.

Infomorphs are basically nothing but your memories converted into XP format, they probably have issues not just running into Mnemonic solipsism.

And you best believe some masked steel morphs or galatea bitches and flexbots be doing some kinky robot sex stuff with "modular design".
>>
>>52332369
I was talking about infomorphs specifically.
>>
>>52332361

Defilers are pretty shitty people, they designed the life cycle too.
>>
>>52330525
>>52330398
Much appreciated input.
>>
>>52332530
They are corphophages too? Ewww.
>>
>>52332477

On the flip side, if say, you were a prude in your physical instance and didn't get laid and didn't have a lot of sexual fantasies or masturbation experience, being Info is probably pretty easy street for you - not a lot of memory to deal with, no physical response in most day to day operations... Don't even have to interact with real people some of the time to get that mental/intellectual response.
>>
>>52332650
>There are people that have devoted their entire infomorph existence to shitposting

I Have No Mouth But It Is Okay Because I Have Become A Meme Machine
>>
>>52330669
>How many of these kinds of films are there actually?
The Thing was pretty good.
>>
>>52332846
I Have No Sides And I Must Kek
>>
>>52332846

I don't remember exactly how much detail Transhuman goes into it, but being an infomorph can be REALLY weird. If you don't have a VR interface or some kind of GUI you just kind of exist as this consciousness operating in an emulation environment. All your memories are XP you can basically search through and view, your mind runs faster than normal, you're doing all your computer actions and commands just by conscious thought, data you "see" is just basically directly processed into the emulator software - some stuff of which can literally just be installed into the package in a few moments.

Like, if you want to get better at reading people, as an infomorph you can literally append Kinesics Software to your mind-state in basically no time, and get an onboard AI to just directly suggest things to you from it's library, which is now your library.
>>
>>52332891
Not really (post)cyberpunk though...

Alien had that perfect vibe, like the kind of shit you'd expect the hypercorps to pull.

>lets capture a TITAN warmachine!
>>
File: Project OZMA.jpg (174KB, 1920x912px) Image search: [Google]
Project OZMA.jpg
174KB, 1920x912px
>>52333126
>>
>>52333212

>Controling bioengineered weapons of mass destruction from a forgotten alien species with a few electrodes and a stick.

And the process also went through proper quality testing, I'm sure.
>>
>>52333249
Our leading engineers described it as "freekin sweet dude" and insisted they could give the creatures pulse rifles but we were starting to get over budget.
>>
>>52333409
I now imagine Doc Brown working for W-Y.

>i went over budget so the safety protocol self-destruction bombs are actually just empty boxes with leds on them hahahaha
>>
File: Cave_Johnson.png (118KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
Cave_Johnson.png
118KB, 250x380px
>>52333496
>Now that's the attitude I'm looking for. Bean counters said we'd be insane to take on this project. Did it anyway.
>>
>>52330669
>>52332000
>>52330756
>>52331189
>>52333212

This whole discussion led me to think.

Wouldn't Defiler/Xenomorphs be a perfect weapon for Jovians to use to cleanse planets and settlements from the inhumans(aka transhumans) in their incoming Solarian Crusade to retake humanity's home
>>
>>52333409
>Our leading engineers described it as "freekin sweet dude" and insisted they could give the creatures pulse rifles but we were starting to get over budget.
Official Alien novels have Aliens with pulse rifles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Nightmare_Asylum
>>
>>52333854
Except they are just moderate bio-conservatives. With arguments going back and forth they might be the last surviving real people since it's impossible to verify if infomorphs are real people or simulated copies, and impossible to objectively quantify if there is a difference. (at least impossible from the setting's very unrealistic assumption that the mind is just software)
>>
>>52333854
In the mind of the Jovians, yes.

In practice however... that is kinda stupid. Like trying to beat the USA at baseball. Or Brazil at soccer. Oh wait bad example, Germany did that 7-1.
>>
>>52333874
Not surprised, but still didn't make it into the image the comment was based on.
>>
>>52333934
There is only one truth.
Jovians are human and the rest is simulation going awry.
If I use a program to kill another program then I haven't killed a human.
There are no transhumans/defilers/exhumans.
All of them are flawed simulations of intelligence. And thus all can be used as humans desire with no moral implications.
>>
>>52333934
>it's impossible to verify if infomorphs are real people or simulated copies
The answer is whatever you define it to be. A person doesn't have a fixed definition like a photon or an electron. It's an abstraction that we use to communicate useful ideas to each other.
>>
>>52333971
Why do I have this image of xenomorphs slaughtering a transhuman settlement full of screaming crying inhumans while old Jovian general watches it on a vid screen listening to MC Hammer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
>>
>>52333988

There are unuploaded Flats in Orbit around Earth still.

>>52333854

See >>52239853 image

At least the thread will quickly die now before this can build up steam again.
>>
>>52334009
>The answer is whatever you define it to be. A person doesn't have a fixed definition like a photon or an electron. It's an abstraction that we use to communicate useful ideas to each other.

Such thinking leads to Fall and thus mass be purged.
Engage xenomorphs with flamethrowers.
>>
>>52334017
Nah, it will be more like that scene in T3, when the government tries to use SKYNET to stop a cyber attack. It just gets worse.

Like I said, using transhuman tech against transhumans is stupidity.
>>
>>52334042

No, retarded warmongering thinking like your post led to the Fall. Nobody thought TITANs were "people" and they might not have been based on human neural architecture since they were not necessarily originally intended to be ASI.
>>
>>52334028
Too late.
My mind is filled with visions of Jovian scientists in white coats creating in their labs Xenomorph battle organism while listening to 90s hits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA
>>
>>52334081
>90s hits
>1979
>>
>>52334075

It's also irrelevant because godlike alien intelligences fucked over the TITANs. Or fucked over us via the TITANs, whatever.

Their motives are enigma.
>>
>>52334081

That would not be their style of music, even.

Also >>52334094
>>
>>52334095
>humanity brought to the brink of extinction because some alien kid accidentally put his cellphone on broadcast data
>>
File: Butterball.jpg (48KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Butterball.jpg
48KB, 320x240px
>>52334067
>Like I said, using transhuman tech against transhumans is stupidity

Or brilliance ? After all a drugged out hippie can be beaten by revolver shooting chimp on a rampage.
>>
File: 1424797578811.png (113KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
1424797578811.png
113KB, 1024x776px
>>52334095
>Their motives are enigma.
What if like they want Jovians to fuck transhumans up, just because.
>>
>>52334133
You don't understand. It is like North-Korea trying to hack the NSA. The only thing that will happen is that the N-K ends up opening their own backdoors for the NSA in the middle of their 'attack'.
>>
File: Krulos.jpg (585KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Krulos.jpg
585KB, 1600x1199px
>>52334187
>You don't understand. It is like North-Korea trying to hack the NSA.
North Korea is backwards little country.
Jovians are military tech power house and one of the main powers of Solar System.
Also they have people who created TITANs and research every tech possible. They just don't give it out to civilians.
>>
>>52334130

Fuckers forgot to put it in pan-galactic airplane mode.
>>
80s Sylvester Stallone as Jovian soldier on suicide mission to bust transhuman ass on Mars and rescue his daughter.

soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
>>
>>52334226
They are backwards. They cut themselves off from vitally needed technology for ideological reasons.

They are a South-American North-Korea. Just with spics instead of pingpongs.
>>
File: 1454447911028.png (448KB, 597x550px) Image search: [Google]
1454447911028.png
448KB, 597x550px
>>52334289
>They are backwards.
Head cannon.
Official books state they have top research and technology and their military fleet is one of the strongest in the system.

>They are a South-American North-Korea. Just with spics instead of pingpongs.

Feeling the sweat piggu hybridu morphu?
>>
>>52334226

Except the same goes for the other polities and their black budget groups - only they don't have to sign a memorandum or get approval from a morality committee before they do science.
>>
>>52334226
>Jovians are military tech power house
No they aren't. Sure, they have the biggest guns. But in EP as now, that's not good enough. What wins wars is the networked coordination which allows weapons to be employed effectively.
>>
File: Swedish Pleasure Morph.jpg (98KB, 1024x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish Pleasure Morph.jpg
98KB, 1024x1001px
>>52334329
>or get approval from a morality committee before they do science.
Neither do the Jovians
.>>52334330
>No they aren't. Sure, they have the biggest guns.
And the best tech.
>What wins wars is the networked coordination which allows weapons to be employed effectively.
You mean the one that makes you vulnerable to hacking and AI emergence?
Enjoy your weapons turning on you as Jovian hacker AGI's go into your system like hot knife into butter.
>>
>>52334391
>the best tech.
the books 100% do not say that
>>
>Onwards to Earth, through the battlefields of Ceres, Mars and Luna. Towards our home, through the fields of dying inhuman bodies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
>>
File: 1424391046284.jpg (117KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1424391046284.jpg
117KB, 1024x614px
>>52334330
All Jovians are trained non-stop in military combat and weapons usage.
They are virtually a 40 million strong army that is ready to be unleashed on drugged out and feminine population calling itself transhumanity.
Each Jovian can easily single handed destroy a Transhuman habitat-core books state this when you read about Miranda fleet.
Their superior training and years of experience make them ruthless and super efficient killing machines.
>>
>>52334391

>Enjoy your weapons turning on you as Jovian hacker AGI's go into your system like hot knife into butter.

Uh, no, that's not how that works. Jovians would never use AGI in a combat environment. What if it gets back-hacked? What if the enemy rubs TITAN shit on it and it goes rogue? It's the very antithesis of the Jovian ethos and the precautionary principle.
>>
I'm going to ride this thread into the ground because we REALLY need to start off by posting the Joveposter image again, because y'all are not listening to it.
>>
>>52334487
Sorry meant Minerva.
>>
>>52334491
>Jovians would never use AGI in a combat environment.
They are specifically training AGI for this in the core book.

>It's the very antithesis of the Jovian ethos and the precautionary principle.
>People have to act as their declared ethos says.
You probably think priests are celibate and never steal too ?
>>
>>52334487
>All Jovians are trained non-stop in military combat and weapons usage.
No they aren't
>They are virtually a 40 million strong army that is ready to be unleashed
With speed 1 and no medichines
>Each Jovian can easily single handed destroy a Transhuman habitat-core books state this when you read about Miranda fleet.
Minerva fleet isn't even in the core books
>Their superior training and years of experience make them ruthless and super efficient killing machines.
There are skillsofts for that
>>
>>52334487
>posts YA book shite

Joveposter is a 12 year old, who would have thought.
>>
>The Return of Minerva Fleet over the Skies of Mars and the Time of Judgment
https://youtu.be/onGWF8mz1Zw?t=139
>>
>>52334535
Minerva, you mean exsurgent infected vectors.
>>
>>52334632
>Joveposter is a 12 year old, who would have thought.
I was born in 1979 and have masters in political science and history, bachelor in philosophy :*
>>
>>52334655
That really only makes you more pathetic Joveposter. Get a mailorder bride or an escort, ffs.
>>
>>52334562

So you're just a contrarian fuckface who doesn't actually understand or give a fuck about the setting - just like we all already knew. The jovians magically beat all the people who severely outnumber, out economy, out produce, and out-lift them and even abandon moral superiority to do it? Fucking nonsensical - there's only 40 million of them, that's small potatoes. Every time you say this bullshit, and I know, every time somebody bites. But just give up on this song and dance and go back to jerking off to Starship troopers or play WH40k - except you probably can't because clearly you have no job or no life to be forced to downloaded freely distributed RPG books. Nobody actually gives a fuck about your jovian wankery and blatant HFY power fantasies and how fucking stupid they are. Even stupider than published materials talking about the Ultimates capturing all the gates. We're sorry nerd-rapture transhumanists touched the no-no place of your brain and made you think deep existential thoughts about the illusions of your "reality" and the fleeting nature of the human form - but it's all just make believe shit and we want the talking stick back.

>>52334618

Stop engaging, he's being retarded. Or pretending to be.

Jovian conscription is at age 15, involves like a year of training then a year long tour of duty, then you go back to minding your own business. Titanian readiness is better than that, with an explicitly armed and older populace with a longer civil service period and regular recertification.
>>
>>52334655
>masters in political science and history, bachelor in philosophy
>>
>>52334655
Unemployed, got it.
>>
>>52334733
>So you're just a contrarian fuckface who doesn't actually understand or give a fuck about the setting -
I have been involved in transhumanist movement since 90s.
>>
>>52334733
>Nobody actually gives a fuck about your jovian wankery and blatant HFY power fantasies and how fucking stupid they are.

You sure don't care anarchy kiddo ;^)
>>
>>52334775

So you're a contrarian fuckface who is pretending to be retarded because people take the bait, - file that under "shit I already knew".
>>
File: 1463689026837.jpg (320KB, 2000x972px) Image search: [Google]
1463689026837.jpg
320KB, 2000x972px
>>52334808

You're not even the same guy, what the fuck are you doing man? Have your (You).
>>
File: emotiguy-1654859_960_720.png (160KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
emotiguy-1654859_960_720.png
160KB, 960x640px
This is just sad guys. We are talking about a nearly 40 year old grown man, without a job, who spends all his time Joveposting because ...autism?

He doesn't even play the game or dip in the lore. He just Joveposts.

His life right now is just like the imaginary shitposting infomorph I discussed earlier this evening.

I am not even mad at Joveposter. I just feel sadness mixed with disdain.
>>
>>52335003

should next thread be "I exist only to shitpost" and post the image of the Griefer? I was thinking of something more cosmic related to maybe go back to the ETI leaving their wi-fi on fucking humanity over but the other thing might be funnier.
>>
>>52334391
>Jovian hacker AGI
You've given yourself away; being that wrong means it's safe to say you won't say anything remotely true in future posts.

That said, /epg/ is addicted to bait, so I bet this will continue for a while.
>>
>>52335003
He's better off than me. I'm nearly 28, and I can't get myself sexually aroused by women.
>>
>>52335059
Does something else arouse you?
>>
>>52335050

It's because sometimes we just have fucking nothing to talk about (which is weird for like 50 people ostensibly interested in the same thing) and occasionally you do get genuine idiots who really don't know any better and it amuses us to yell at them to go read all the materials again, like we're in a fucking college study hall or a conference or something and some new guy stumbles in and thinks all he has to do is drink booze smoke weed and write some bullshit papers to get through - but really we're actually taking our discussions of parasitic exhumans and infolife boners very seriously didn't you read the fucking textbook?
>>
>>52335093
Non-humanoid robots. That's all. Serves me right for using a speech synthesizer to teach myself how words sound when I was a toddler.
>>
>>52335123

What if the woman got one of those cheap voice changers and put on a cardboard robot suit coated in silver spray paint? Would that work?
>>
>>52335123
So tape a fleshlight to a lawnmower and get to it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and make something of your life.
>>
>>52335156
That'd probably kill my desires. I'd want to love my future wife for who they are, not by trying to cheat my damaged neurons.

>>52335171
How dare you. I want to have a real family, and I refuse to wallow in sloth.
>>
>>52335201
Go to a psychologist. Weird sexual problems that disturb lifes are like their main form of income.
>>
File: 1472543936428.jpg (74KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1472543936428.jpg
74KB, 600x518px
>>52335123
>KOHAI, I HAVE NOTICED YOU
>ALLOW ME TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

>ACCURSED MEAT-IST CAPCHA SYSTEM
>>
>>52335353
I'll discuss it with the one who does my ABA therapy. Thanks.

>>52335360
It's okay, senpai. Everything is gonna happy soon.
>>
New Thread:
>>52336303
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.