[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 60

File: Edict of (You).jpg (1MB, 1322x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Edict of (You).jpg
1MB, 1322x1723px
Rolled 9 (1d26)

Black Praetorian Custodian edition
Ryan Conrad subedition

Blood Angel diorama, Orks, old classic, manlet Russ, robots are walkers, CSM HH, you people are hopeless >>52164808

>THIS THING
http://www.mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
Reposting because I posted right at the end of a thread...

Having just bought both Contemptstodes, what else should I add for a 2000 point list that is good enough to compensate for the tiny numbers, but not so good it's utter cheese?

I mean, they're expensive models, so I don't really want to just grab whatever and end up with crap.
>>
>>52176667
Second for Thousand Sons :^)
>>
>>52176693
Wow, can't even get that right

Also, DRTTF
>>
>>52176692
I think that if you want to win objectives then Jetbikes would be great at denying your opponent's objective at the last minute, otherwise you're just begging to lose anything thats not kill points.
>>
>>52176693
Third for Nicht Lards. Knick, knick, knick hale thee lard uv thay nicht!
>>
Hey guys, looking to get in HH,would the demi-company box be a good pick to start?
Also, would you mind if I used the 40k daemon magnus instead of the 30k one that's coming out?
>>
>>52176660
What does each wax seal on OP picture stand for?
>>52176760
Ignore him, you idiots.
>>
>>52176760
:^)
>>
>>52176760

>Would you mind if I used a model about 4 or 5 times taller than it should be on a much larger base
>>
>>52176760
Pick up BoP and BaC, it'll give you 60 legionnaires to split how you like, plus some termites and HQ guys.

What legion you thinkin? That can help guide what to get
>>
I used the tripfags tripcode. am I cool now?
>>
File: 1476931000203.gif (756KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476931000203.gif
756KB, 960x640px
How many hunter killer missles should I equip on a land speeder squadron with multi meltas?

Should I take any secondary weapons like havoc launchers on them?
>>
>>52176784
Things like this still get made? I didn't know it was 2009.
>>
How often is Indomitus armour actually used in this era?
>>
>>52176879
Imperial Fists prefer Indomitus, I take that as the majority of their Terminator stock is in Indomitus. The rest of the legions is up in the air.
>>
>>52176879
less than tartaros and there's less than 1000 suits of tartaros, so not much at all.
>>
>>52176904
>>52176913
>>52176879

Is there a "Mark 5" for Terminator armour?

Y'know, scavenged mix and match mess.
>>
>>52176879
It's the newest armor. I think Iron Hands Gorgon armor are indomitus prototypes.

Also, the imperial fists from what I understand, being the void combat lovers and therefore terminator lovers they are, really dig the indomitus.
>>
>>52176944
I don't think TA has that kind of mix and match capabilities. You basically can't half ass a TA
>>
>>52176879
It was the most common type of terminator armour, which is the reason why it is the only type still in use in 40k.

But people only use cataphractii/tartaros in games, so now people think that Indomitus didn't excist before/during the heresy.
>>
>>52176913
Source
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Shattered-Dominion-40mm-65mm-Round-Bases

Would this be a good basing set for Custodes?
>>
>>52176760
Not really no, unless you are going to play Siege of Terra Imperial Fists, and then the box wouldn't fit a decently equipped army
You are better off buying either HH box set and working from there- they are better deals and a much more covered topic here.

Or find a list for a legion you like, and build that using eBay for the models at a great discount.
You will save money that way.
>>
>>52176980
Gorgon terminator armour was a development of Indomitus, not the other way around. Hint : Ferrus never got to finish the development of Gorgon armour.
>>
Does this look fun?

Emperor's Children, Maru skara

>HQ
Praetor with paragon blade, 4++ - 165

Champion with power spear, bike, combat shield & AA - 145

>Troops
10 Tacs, power spear, AA, meltabombs - 155
Rhino - 35

10 Tacs, power spear, AA, meltabombs - 155
Rhino - 35

10 Tacs, power axe, AA, meltabombs - 150

>Elites
2 Apothecarys, 1 AA, 1 bike, 2 power swords - 140

Boxnaught with flamestorm cannon & grav gun - 155

Boxnaught with flamestorm cannon & grav gun - 155

10 Palatine blades, 2 with power spears, meltabombs - 260

>Fast attack
3 Outriders, power sword, sergeant with power lance and meltabombs - 135

Storm eagle with lascannons and multimelta - 265

>Heavy support
2 Predator executioners - 260

Whirlwind scorpius - 115

Sicaran venator - 190

>Total - 2500

Storm eagle (carrying praetor, apothecary and palatine blades) and both boxnaughts outflank turn 2 (using the ROW to get around the risk of having one's transport flier come in late). The sicaran venator tries to ping a deredeo or mortis dred turn 1 to keep the storm eagle safe. Everything else should be fairly obvious.
>>
How far does this sub-community tend to take the whole "Historical reenactment" thing?

Do you twitch a bit if your opponent has the wrong armour marks for his legion in the time period of your game?
>>
>>52177035
Ah that explains it.

So yeah, id love to see some archaic looking but unmistakably indomitus pattern terminator armor in 30k.
>>
>>52176792
>>52176796
>tfw you thought you were being too obvious
Good to know I can always source some (You)s here.
>>
>>52177064
The 30k players I know are a bit snobby about it, so they'll make a remark or two but I haven't really seen it stop someone from enjoying a pickup game. Now regarding a campaign or something serious with a wager behind i,t, I doubt they would partake against someone fielding proxies.
>>
>>52177064
If it is just to fill in some gaps or playtest something before purchase, not really.

If it is because can't be arsed and just repainted my 40k marines, then yes.
>>
>>52177000
It was the exact opposite, anon.
Indomitus came later, but was in storage, whereas cataphractii was in use and commonly lost in battle.
>>
>>52176904
>Imperial Fists prefer Indomitus
Considering the only penalty Cataphractii have when compared to Indomitus (lack of overwatch) disappears when you swap their combi-bolters for Storm shields, while also getting said shields cheaper than the vanilla version, why would the Fists like Indomitus over Cataphractii?
Isn't Archamus wearing Cataphractii?
>>
>>52176760
For Thousand Sons its probably best to buy BaC and ignore BoP. Sekhmets in cataphractii armour are really powerful, though for tartaros you get sweeping advance for no penalty which some people prefer. You might want to pick up an ahriman and BoP tranfer sheet but they are all over ebay and possibly some 40k scarab occult force swords.

As for Magnus, it's probably fine but players aren't unreasonable to refuse, especially since the bases won't match.
>>
So, on the subject of indomitus.

I have no end of Cataphractii. I've got 10 BaC ones with upgrades from FW for my Lernaeans. Thing is, I like Indomitus. I like the optics and comms gear around the big collar, and I like the bulldog helmet. Yet they do lack a certain something that's part of 30k's aesthetic. What can solve that? I have intermediate polymer sculpting and plasticard skills.

Making a second set of pauldrons with pteruges similar to Cataphractii? Adding pteruges on belt? Back-mounted vexilia? Unification/Great Crusade raptor heads/lightning bolt icons painted on gauntlets?

What would satisfy you, more autistically inclined anons? What would seem fun, creative anons?
>>
File: 1485882254175.png (33KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
1485882254175.png
33KB, 577x980px
>>52177064
see >>52177109
It also helps if you follow this graph for general armor marks, it keeps the autism down.
>Not posting the blue one
This is for the /really/ serious armorfags. The 'every model has a backstory and their armor is part of their personality' fags
me
>>
>>52177035
>Ferrus never got to finish the development of Gorgon armour.
Nah. They were shit back when he still lived. Objective complete :^)
>>
>>52177143
I think it has more to do with the lore. Relatively high availability, and the fists penchant for void combat would certainly be a good reason.
>>
>>52177064

>Hang on, the Serrated Sun only had 7 Mark IV suits in 345M30
>You clearly have 8
>Hang your monocle in shame
>>
File: 1471762959612.png (388KB, 464x722px) Image search: [Google]
1471762959612.png
388KB, 464x722px
>>52177143
>Isn't Archamus wearing Cataphractii?

No, he's wearing artificer armor and the Huscarls wear Indomitus or artificer/power armor.

>why would the Fists like Indomitus over Cataphractii?

Because thats in their lore, no other reason, maybe its because its not as slow as Cataphractii and it is easier to manufacture than Tartaros so replacing the losses they may sustain is easier.
>>
>>52177167

>Fields entire Luna Wolves army in Mark I armour
>Comverts Horus to be wearing Mark I
>>
>>52177159
Give them all big floppy dicks hanging from their crotches. And six tits. And Speaker boxes in their asses.
>>
I want to start 30k. But i hesitate between DA, BA, IF and RG. Is it possible to get general feedback on each of them ?
>>
Hey, remember when /hhg/ homebrew'd out Dreadwing?

Stormwing Protocol
Effects
Breacher Siege Squads and Legion Tactical Support Squads must buy Jump Packs (thus turning them into Jump Infantry) at +5 points per model.
Any Jump Infantry that chooses to deepstrike may do so from turn one and when they deepstrike will only scatter 1d6"
A single Fire Raptor Gunship may be taken as a non-compulsory Troops choice
Restrictions
No Infantry (other than Jump Infantry) may be taken
>>
File: 1447409787940.png (2MB, 1041x924px) Image search: [Google]
1447409787940.png
2MB, 1041x924px
I USED TO TRUST THE EMPEROR
TO TELL ME THE TRUTH, TELL US THE TRUTH
BUT NOW I'VE SEEN THE TRUE GODS
EVERYWHERE I LOOK
WHO DO YOU TRUST WHEN EVERYONE'S A CROOK?

I USED TO THINK
THAT ONLY IMPERIUM'S WAY, WAY WAS RIGHT
BUT NOW THE HOLY TERRA RULES EVERYBODY'S LIVES
GOTTA MAKE A MILLION DOESN'T MATTER WHO DIES

REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING YOU
THERE'S A REVOLUTION CALLING
REVOLUTION CALLING
GOTTA MAKE A CHANGE
GOTTA PUSH, GOTTA PUSH IT ON THROUGH
>>
>>52177243
Its better if you tell us what kind of army you want.
>>
>>52177245
Just as terrible as the dreadwing homebrew. Pls stop.
>>
>>52177237
That is going on my wishlist for 'armies I want to play against'
>>
>>52177241
You're fuckin' drunk, Lahey, fuck off.
>>
File: 1446553694806.jpg (170KB, 633x946px) Image search: [Google]
1446553694806.jpg
170KB, 633x946px
>>52177263
I'VE GIVEN MY LIFE TO BECOME WHAT I AM
TO PREACH THE NEW BEGINNING
TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND
TO REACH SOME POINT OF ORDER
UTOPIA IN MIND, YOU'VE GOT TO LEARN
TO SACRIFICE, TO LEAVE WHAT'S NOW BEHIND

SPEAK TO ME THE PAIN YOU FEEL
SPEAK THE WORD
THE WORD IS ALL OF US
SPEAK THE WORD
THE WORD IS ALL OF US
>>
>>52177243
DA: Swordy, best gear, best RoWs.
BA: Choppy, OP sword, above average RoW.
IF: Shooty, gear is good but Termie only, bad RoWs, very strong characters.
RG: sneaky cheeky beakys, can be cheaper because of said beakies.
>>52177281
What's wrong with it?
>>
Ok, so i already play 40k DA (I'm a fanboy).
I like aggresive armies with good long range firepower.
I already got 1 BaC and on BoP. And plan to ad 1 more Bac and 2 more BoP in my collection.
>>
>>52177243
Dark angels: powerful if used right, startlingly good in assault when combined with their access to rad and/or stasis weapons. They're like less resistant to shooting iron hands that are good in assault with iron wing protocols or a very fast shooting army with their raven wing protocols.

I really dig them as they are. I can't wait for the rules for the other "wings".
>>
>>52177284
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

By Imperial Decree, watch the video. I will commit sodoku for violating DNR, but it must be said
>>
>>52177186
>Relatively high availability, and the fists penchant for void combat would certainly be a good reason.
Cataphractii and Indomitus were invented about the same time and both by Ferrus the based one, and it's not like Cataphractii is useless in the void or boarding actions, where it's superior shielding systems would give it and advantage over indomitus.
Hell, in fact Cataphractii would be faster than Indomitus in the void or when fighting on a spacecraft's hull since its overtaxed servos wouldn'tbe encumbered by the armour's weigh, only by its inertia, the same that better prevents it from being blasted away by explosives (an actual hull-fighting rule), as well as having a better maglock and shield systems due to having dedicated generators for both rather than the shared one in Indomitus.
That is, if FW followed logic, of course
>>
File: indom_style.jpg (169KB, 997x666px) Image search: [Google]
indom_style.jpg
169KB, 997x666px
>>52177159
you could add topknots or crests to the backs of them,
>>
>>52177064
I for one flip the table if my opponent dares to use Thunder Armor in any legion other than the First.
>>
>>52177243

DA currently have flavorful rules but are hamstrung by their legion astartes limitation which penalizes them heavily on victory points
>>
>>52177364

Its a reasonable assumption that Astartes pulled Cataphractii out of the legion armories for these expressed reasons and more, and that as a result Cataphractii armors were almost completely lost by the end of the Siege of Terra and all that remained were the Indomitus types which nobody really wanted to use in the beginning.
>>
File: DG32.jpg (573KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG32.jpg
573KB, 1306x980px
>>52177331
Death Guard
>>
>>52177323
Jump breachers are utterly retarded as a concept. Jump meltagun/plasmagun teams aren't something to just throw into the game cheaply - look at the premium outriders pay for manoeuvrability + special weapons.

But you're not going to take any feedback on board, just keep posting the exact same thing for the next 5-6 threads like you did the dreadwing one, so what the fuck.
>>
>>52176783

Clockwise from top-right:

>Ad Mech
>Imperial Army (?)
>Imperial Navy (?)
>Imperial Seal
>Sisters of Silence
>Administratum
>Adeptus Astartes
>>
>>52177399
True. I suppose resources dwindled and the costly Cataphractii was lost and forgotten, never to be remembered. Fists simply used what was available.
I cri evrytiem
>>
>>52177364
I think indomitus was supposed to be more available, less maintenance heavy, and therefore desireable. It's not about what's outright better for void combat. Cataphractii is certainly better. It's about systems.

Soldiers worry about fighting, ncos worry about tactics, junior officers worry about strategy, and senior officers worry about their systems. brutal campaigns where resources are used to the brink of or beyond their service lives will see the indomitus win.
>>
Loyalty is its own reward, traitor.
>>
>>52177064
GW obviously doesn't, in BoP tartaros (advanced armour and new combi bolters) is put with mark III (old pattern armour and old phobos bolters) whilst in BaC cataphractii armour (old with old bolters) is put with mark IV (new with new bolters). It's an autists nightmare.
>>
File: Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg (251KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg
251KB, 734x950px
>>52177493
Agreed.
>>
>>52177408
Mortarion must be drunk already, from having the Cups with you so often. Well done, productive DGanon
>>
>>52177463

>the costly Cataphractii was lost and forgotten, never to be remembered

More like it just took too much investment to create, as with many of the other advanced Astartes designs which fell out of use permanently after the Scouring. Astartes got broken up into specialized Chapters in limited numbers and no longer required the advanced technologies to simply police what was left of the Imperium, and the traitors warred with each other constantly until they were able to set up a functional trade exchange in the Immaterium that is entirely dependent on what the Iron Warriors can afford to manufacture at any given time.
>>
If anyone was wondering what the new 40k guilliman model looks like converted into dogal rorn: it looks a bit like this.
>>
>>52177503

>It's an autists nightmare.

I don't understand the autism really. Its called the Age of Darkness, not the Great Crusade. Supply lines and logistics were already teetering on the brink after Book 2; and by the time Blackshields became a thing, every legion was just scrounging for what they could use and kitbashed so hard that they inadvertently created new marks and variations of power armor.
>>
File: Armor Autism Trigger.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Armor Autism Trigger.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>>52177503
Oh look, it's you again. GW chose to use a diversity of models in the board games to prevent the different types of unit from looking too samey.

Also MkIII, MkIV, Tartaros and Cataphractii were all in use alongside each other during the same period.
>>
>>52177565
swap the janky gun-hand and it'd be a pretty good model
>>
>>52177565

On one hand, that is like the most straightforward paint job anyone can do with that model. On the other hand, it still looks pretty fucking cool. I might end up just doing that so I can field Guilliman with my Blood Ravens.
>>
>>52177503
1k Sons had special hook ups in the Mechanicum that gave them access to Tartaros. Horus favored legions he knew would ultimately side with him, when it came to distributing MK4 armor, 1k Sons and Wolves were not amongst those. Also there were far more dudes on Prospero than just like 50, so of course in the larger battle there was a mix of marks among both legions.
>>
>>52177594
I was thinking about this the other day, I think this is as close to 'field repaired MkVI' that is produced right now
>>
File: images (8).jpg (13KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
13KB, 384x384px
>>52177565
That fist doesn't quite fit him, you should remove it and swap it by nothing else :^)
>>
>>52177579
tartarus armour looks sufficiently different from mark IV to have them in the same box, and the same with cataphractii and mark III.

Also both the characters in BoP are wearing mark IV, achean armour mostly fits with IV and a legion would probably kit itself out with mark IV before something as expensive as tartarus, so I'd only expect a legion with IV would actually go on to afford tartarus as well.
>>
>>52177706

So it offends your headcanon?
>>
>>52177767
>everything that isn't spelled out word-for-word is headcanon
>>
>>52177565

That's actually a pretty fucking cool idea, my dude. He looks better in all gold than in Ultramarines colours for sure.
>>
>>52177794
Doesn't everything?
>>
>>52177565
Excellent.
I still don't like his splayed legs.
>>
>>52176819
Take hunter killers on all of them if you have the points - the multi-meltas won't be in range at first. For Havocs, depends on how fast you'll be moving. It's easy to justify not taking those.
>>
>>52177565
Looks like at least Imperial Fists players will have a Dorn model now.

>Glares angry in FW's direction
>>
Curious if plastic Mark II is gonna be a thing, way cooler than Mark III for being about the same but more detail instead of extra plating.
>>
So looking at the Mech Suborbital Strike Wing LoW, it looks like we can take flyers from literally anywhere, since it doesn't reference the "No Heresy counterparts" box, and then give any superheavy flyers Tank Hunters for 15pts.
Other than being a twat and taking Dreadclaw Myrmidons, or being crazy like Whale Guy, what else can we stick in there? Manta? Or possibly a Grey Knight Thunderhawk, for REALLY active Machine Spirits?
>>
Does anyone have a good link to the audio books? Got a lot of driving coming up and I love audio books.
>>
>>52177884
You're thinking too small

It's time to introduce the legions to the cancer that is triple helldrake with baleflamer !
>>
>>52177883
Didnt FW said there would be no new plastic box set this year? They might release Titanicus instead of another HH kit.
>>
>>52177565
>no prussian mustache
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
DROPPED
>>
>>52177243
>>52177270
>>52177323
>>52177331

So do DA fit with what i want to play ? I don't really know the diffrences between 30k and 40k Marines and DA in particular.
>>
>>52177660
>>52177794
Ah, it isn't actually my model, it's a conversion/paintjob my local redshirt did and posted on the store's normiebook page. But I thought it was kind of neat (though if I copied it myself I might do something about the valves in the knee joints etc.).
>>
>>52177767
Usually not bothered about these things but essentially I dislike markIII armour and it isn't aesthetically pleasing to have an army made up of disparate elements that look like they are totally opposed. Mark III looks like siege or attritional armour, mark IV looks like operating armour. 9 out of 10 games are operating style objective missions.
>>
>>52177957
>I like aggresive armies with good long range firepower.

Ironwing DA can some nasty firepower and Predators with Machine Spirit can turn them into pretty aggressive units.
>>
PVA glue for the studs isn't turning out nearly as well as in the guide I saw. Going to do a few more layers and prime it to see how it looks. If it's still shit I'm going to file it off and try to get a drill bit that will let me put in some BBs.
>>
>>52177931
OK, that does sound silly. Alternatively, fluffy Xana list with Hellblades and Hell Talons. Alternatively alternatively, triple Wolfbus. Magnus shall fear us once again.
Still can't match the Triple Manta Leviathan build, each one with Tank Hunters. Just buy an actual airship, it's cheaper.
>>
>>52178167
Can your precious Mantas handle three Warlords, handled by a detachment of Titan Guard?
>>
>>52178194
Probably faster than the Warlords can handle the Mantas, because they are flying and can't be hit with blasts, so they just have to shoot the 40 max Hoplites and then chill out with S:D railguns. Wouldn't be a very interesting fight, though.
>>
>>52178194
Blasts don't shoot up do they ?
>>
>>52178329
Isn't it a rule that mantas are so big they can be targeted with blast weapons?
>>
>>52178372
They can be shot at at full Ballistic Skill by normal weapons, but still can't be hit by blasts. So you have 40 Hoplites, and six Lascannon to deal with them, and they have loads of anti-infantry guns all over. Would be fun to make a fleet of Shield Helicarrier-style Admech Mantas.
>>
>>52178416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
>>
>>52178416
>So you have 40 Hoplites, and six Lascannon to deal with them
Can not a warlord take AA carapace weapons?
>>
>>52177243
DA have lousy legion rules but great wargear to compensate - mostly special ammo for heavy bolters. Their legion-specific rites of war are Ravenwing and Ironwing, so one that helps jetbikes and one that encourages lots of tanks (and all infantry is in a Rhino or Land Raider). Hopefully you like those. More to come in a year or less. Color scheme is hard to make interesting.

BA are the jump pack and flyer legion right now. Problem is assault squads are only okay... they aren't very survivable and the 40k FAQ that changed meltabombs to one attack per squad hurt them. The best BA builds might be the ones that load up on assault cannons (rare in 30k; BA can take an unusual amount) on attack bikes, javelins, and predators.

IF get bonuses to bolter weapons and get decent use out of Breachers (Stone Gauntlet rite of war). They look good and perform better than they'd seem to on paper. I find it hard to explain why Stone Gauntlet armies do as well as I've seen them do.

RG have good-looking unique units, but it can be expensive if you want a lot of Mk VI (which isn't necessary, of course). You're more likely to take drop pod variants with these guys. Black with white decorations can be challenging, but it often works better than DA's black+gray.
>>
>>52178466
Vulcan Mega Bolters.
>>
>>52178466
I tell a lie, you have two twin-linked and two standard Vulcan megabolters. Unfortunately, they're 13/12/11 4++, so you will have to chew through 90 HP after somehow coordinating a flanking action with WARLORD TITANS. And Creed won't be born for a few millennia. Would probably be an even fight, though, given how retardedly tough a Warlord actually is. Would play at 4mm scale/10.
>>
>>52178565
>And Creed won't be born for a few millennia.
Neither would Mantas.
Well, not born, but built.
>>
>>52178167
>>52178194
>>52178329
>>52178372
>>52178346
>>52178416
>>52178442
>>52178466
>>52178501
>>52178565
>>52178617

Challenge accepted (eventually).

An Admechified flying aircraft carrier the size of a Manta would be a fairly simple shape to carve out and armour up, probably with wood-framed foam and plastic board.

Stormbird anon here, I'll add those three to the pile. The bottom, since I'd like to have enough stuff to actually fill one up beforehand. Would have to find six massive D weapons, nine medium guns and 48 anti-infantry heavy weapons, though, plus 30 Hellstrike Missile equivalents.
>>
>>52178716
Oh sweet merciful fuck yes.
Make sure to make them actual mantas.
>>
File: forbidden_rubric.jpg (1MB, 1196x2964px) Image search: [Google]
forbidden_rubric.jpg
1MB, 1196x2964px
>>52176866
certainly.
>>
>>52177565
Looks good, but he really needs mutton chops. I don't care what the forgeworld drawing shows.
But seriously, nice job.
>>
I just realised that the Manta rules, unlike the Stormbird and Mastodon and such, don't specify "Rhino" or "Dreadnought" or"Devilfish" when talking about what you can fit in the cargo bay. 4 non-superheavy, non-flyer vehicles. AKA Triaros.
So as an Admech force, I can put 80 Peltasts, in Triaros. Then I still have enough room for two squads of Thallax and some change, and the top deck holds 2 Hoplite squads to drop from it, and the Archmagi. That's an entire deployment for a 1500 game right there, so with three of them you could easily deploy the rest of a 12k Apoc army assuming you left a beachhead around the Skyshields to start with, along with the artillery and probably a Void Shield Relay network to shield the whole thing to at least some extent.

Would probably be more helpful than the Stormbird by quite some margin, and of course you can always pit 2k armies against it with Leviathan FoC.
>>
>>52179258
>AKA Triaros.
Odd way of spelling Spartans.
>>
>>52179258
Oops, too many troops. Swap two Triaros for Destructor Macrocarids, then. You can even hover up the board and drop them next to targets Turn 2.

Somehow something this big doesn't count for compulsory Titan Guard.
>>
>>52179275
Marines can't take it, only the Mechanicum LoW box allows it. The spice must flow, the salt cannot.
>>
>>52179258
>>52179324

Wait what? the manta as in the Tau manta??
>>
File: poorfagitus-tda.jpg (474KB, 1280x660px) Image search: [Google]
poorfagitus-tda.jpg
474KB, 1280x660px
>>52177159
I'm giving mine top knots (gonna give all my terminators that, because old school) and pads from Master Crafted Miniatures. Also made them a bit more homogeneous in design. Used only single-piece grieves (not the knee pad legs), settled on a single style torso, etc. Characters, of course, will have fancier stuff. Probably gonna put some sort of a tabard on them as well.
>>
Question: how well do the standard B@C arms work with FW Autocannons?

I have a set coming, but I'm worried that the only arm that will work well is the one arm meant to be used with the Heavy Bolter because it's extended further away from the body. Will the other bolter arms be fine, or will the AC end up in a derpy position?
>>
>>52177874
How will havocs depend on my speed?

My goal with them is to deep strike, double tap with hunter killers and fly toward the back arc of tanks for meltas
>>
>>52179898
Certainly not, we're talking about the mechanicum manta, invented by Archmagos Genator Diamond "Crazy Eyes" Rabidus after his success with the Stormwhalebird.
>>
>>52177064
>all legions used all marks
>all legions used all guns
>all legions used all vehicles
>some legions are more associated with certain things over other due to various media and player perception
>>
File: IMG_9566.jpg (699KB, 1824x2477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9566.jpg
699KB, 1824x2477px
Galatus-Contemptor is just about done. Needs some minor cleanup.
>>
>>52177159
Mkiv style knee plates, a big dick plate, similar to deathshroud termies and a ridge on the pauldrons like mkii power armour
>>
>>52180090
Too much gold, perhaps some silver to break all the gold up.
>>
>>52177167

I always kinda wanted to have a few beakies for my NL
>>
File: IMG_9547.jpg (71KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9547.jpg
71KB, 600x620px
>>52180173
Wut. He painted it exactly like FW, only not dirty.
>>
>>52180173
>Too much gold
Not possible.
However, the raise portions do need a slightly darker gold to highlight them more.
>>
>>52180190

The difference is FW has much more contrast. More shades of gold.
>>
>>52180190
Your gold is brighter which is most likely what makes it seem like too much.
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Horus-Heresy
>horus heresey
>>
File: 1484539077607.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1484539077607.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
Can I make a cult army of Word Bearer-following traitor tankers? An army of tanks, as like an attachment for my Word Bearers themselves
>>
>>52180544
armored breakthrough is an all tank ROW available for everyone, although legion selection means jack shit though.
>>
>>52180544
I guess you could take auxilia with a tank commander? i think you can get tanks in all slots barring troops, so bring like some auxilia in their vindicators, an outflanking vanquisher and a tank commander in a malcador
>>
>>52180544
Show me your glorious Lorgar's sons please anon!
>>
>>52177950
Kek, not even Russ has facial hair, anon, but if you're in such a bad need of a moustache have some rare Lionstache.
>>
>>52180823
>wooden throne
>wood
>trees
I SLAUGHTER MY ENEMIES AND MAKE A THRONE FROM THEIR CORPSES
>>
I asked this before but got no answer: Can you take a primarch with the Leviathan FOC?

The FOC rules say that the Compulsory LoW must be an Engine of Destruction (super-heavy with 9+ HP) or a Great Beast (gargantuan creature with 9+ wounds) and that this is also your Warlord. Meanwhile rules say that a primarch must be the Warlord (as they answer to no one).
>>
>>52180823
At least we have KHAAAAAN!
>>52180910
Tell me anon, and tell me true: in what way have you not answered your question?
>>
>>52180190
The FW model appears to have used a black wash instead of a reddish one, and less saturated (more silver-tinted) highlights. More contrast but also more brown and gray vs. your orangish gold.

>>52180544
It's not straightforward - maybe after Tallarn is featured in a FW black book and we get options for tanks as Troop choices.

For now, you can get partway there. You could take Imperial Cults & Militia with the Survivors of the Dark Age provenance, allowing you to give the troops choices Rhinos or Land Raiders, and Leman Russes as heavy support choices (up to 3 per slot).

Or you could take Solar Auxilia with troops squads in Dracosans and then Leman Russ squadrons as fast attack and heavy support. If this is your allied detachment (1 HQ, 1 Troops, 1 FA, 1 HS) then you can take six Leman Russes in two squadrons, and stick your HQ and a troops choice in a Dracosan.
>>
>>52180910
Mutually exclusive rules are, indeed, mutually exclusive. Unless the leviathan gets revised, no IWND IH titans for you
>>
>>52180928
>in what way have you not answered your question?

In ways that I am not aware of. Because I saw someone using the FOC to field a primarch and a super-heavy (a 6HP one at that) and nobody else said anything, so I wasn't sure if I'm the one missing something.

>>52180936
>no IWND IH titans for you

What about the Onslaught FOC? That comes with 2 LoW slots.
>>
File: Archer-Top-Gun-Spoof-589x330.jpg (50KB, 589x330px) Image search: [Google]
Archer-Top-Gun-Spoof-589x330.jpg
50KB, 589x330px
>>52178442
>Highway to the Zones Mortalis
>>
>>52181024
each of the slots has the 25% rule attached still, so nothing bigger than a warhound at sub 3k, plus you're spending 1200 points on two models
>>
>>52180910
Where does it say the primarchs have to be the Warlord? (Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find it.)
>>
>>52181363
>"Some HQ choices carry the provision that they ‘must be’ the army’s Warlord, limiting more than one of these from being taken in an army. The only exceptions to this are Primarchs. In all cases, a Legion’s Primarch takes precedence over others, and so if present in an army representing their Legion, they must be the army’s Warlord and can subordinate other characters with this special rule (although you will gain no Warlord benefits from the subordinate characters). With the exception of a Primarch and subordinates, however, you may not include more than one model with this limitation in any army."
-LAAODAL, pg. 15

You can take characters that 'must be Warlord' with a Primarch (who overrules their need to be the Warlord), but the LoW in a Leviathan FOC is not a character.
>>
>>52181439
Gotcha, thanks.
>>
>>52179990
Can't answer other than to say I put together a set of rotor cannons with BoP bolter arms with no probs, I would think BaC bolter arms would be little different.
>>
So, I'm picking up a pretty good bunch of Salamanders this week, 10 Firedrakes, 10 Pyroclasts, and 20 Mk IV marines with the upgrade set already done, a Contemptor, and a Vulkan He'stan that I'm gonna use as a praetor. I've got a comtemptor, 20 Mk IV marines, 5 cataphractii's and the BaC Terminator captain of my own. Is this a pretty good start to an army? And how mad would you guys be if someone ran 40K rhinos in HH? I ask because I only have 40K rhinos, and don't exactly want to buy more if I don't have to.
Also, is $175 and most of a Necron monolith (which I found in a bits bin for a total of $1.25) a good deal for the stuff I'm buying?
>>
File: 20170314_183545.jpg (460KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_183545.jpg
460KB, 2048x1152px
What's on your table tonight /hhg/?

Working on my last batch of Bolter Grey Slayers.
Mixed unit, of mixed armor marks- MkIV-V-VI.

This is my favorite model in a long time, I love how fluid he looks.
>>
>>52182215
I'm working on painting up some Salamanders (I'm the guy from >>52182175 )
in preparation for my big supply drop.
>>
File: letstrythisagain.jpg (462KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
letstrythisagain.jpg
462KB, 1152x2048px
>>52182215
>>
File: mamasaidbecarefulbutIdidntlisten.jpg (120KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mamasaidbecarefulbutIdidntlisten.jpg
120KB, 2048x1152px
>>52182266
Better picture.

>>52182175
>>52182246
40k Rhinos are fluffly, but rare. Definitely can see the Sallies using them
>>
>>52182175
Firedrakes are great, pyroclasts are overcosted vs support marines (sadly - maybe run them as support marines), and yes you can use Mars-pattern Rhinos in HH. They were around and show up now and then in the books even if Deimos-pattern was the standard. Using Vulkan He'stan will raise more eyebrows than the Rhinos due to the armor he's wearing.

The Terminators will need transport. Few units are hard enough to survive walking towards the enemy in HH.

Price seems good, mostly for the Firedrakes.
>>
I wonder why Mars pattern and Deimos pattern vehicles are different, and why Deimos pattern is more prevalent than Mars ones since Deimos is one of Mars' moon.
>>
>>52180090
Yeah, it's probably just the picture quality, but it doesn't look like your gold has enough contrast. Especially considering how big of a model it is.

>>52182386
I seem to remember reading in one of the books that Mars pattern rhinos were easier to modify and do field work on.
>>
>>52182310
Good to hear that I'm getting a good deal. It makes me sad that pyroclasts aren't very good, they look so cool. I'm hoping i can pass Vulkan He'stan off as just wearing a "fancy suit of artificier armor"
What transport do you recommend for the termies (of all types) and is there any way to get them that won't cost me my firstborn child? Also, how good is Vulkan (Primarch, not He'stan) I'm thinking about getting him, and I probably will either way, but I wanna know if he's worth his points
>>
>>52179919
>top knots on the armour and not helmets
what are you doin
>>
File: Squats.jpg (336KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Squats.jpg
336KB, 1000x1000px
Provenance: Abhuman Helots, 35 points
Provenance: Survivors of the Dark Age, 75 points
Model prices, $2,978,300,965

The Squats' Triumphant Return, Priceless
>>
File: 201309425512.jpg (490KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
201309425512.jpg
490KB, 800x600px
Waifu primarch?
>>
File: EC_pre-heresy_terminators.jpg (104KB, 799x389px) Image search: [Google]
EC_pre-heresy_terminators.jpg
104KB, 799x389px
>>52183379
>doesn't even know about HH terminators
>>
File: 1486199337412.gif (580KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486199337412.gif
580KB, 267x199px
>>52183397
>mfw
>>
>>52183450
Alright faggot, listen up. I do the shitposting around here.
>>
>>52183450
>>52183471
Just breed you two. Make some horrific shitposter-god from your unholy union.
>>
File: squat engineer.jpg (691KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
squat engineer.jpg
691KB, 1000x1000px
They even have techpriests and rotor cannons. The have everything you could ever want to run Squats in PDF/Cults.
>>
>>52183515
I'd mix in some Mantic parts with these new ones. Make them more spacey. Also the Heresy would be delicious.
>>
>>52183489
Oh dark gods no. I'll stick with my senpais, thank you.
>>
>>52183489
I'm not into goth chicks

>>52183515
Squat/ BA force when?
>>
>>52183412
>>52183471
reddit tripfag cancer
>>
>>52183598
Why didn't you also single out the real tripfag here?
>>
>>52183569
>>52183550
>>52183515
>>52183471
>>52183450
>>52183412
>>52183397
>>52182293
>>52182266
>>52182215
>>52177640
>>52177167
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
this general is done
>>
>>52183721
It was done a long time ago. Inferno was merely the deep breath before the plunge.
>>
>>52183671
I don't tripfag.
>>
>>52183744
Don't worry my brothers. Angelus will bring us back from the brink.
>>
>>52183744
Angelus 2020.

Keep /HHG/ Great.
>>
>>52183758
Oh, I apologise my Redditor friend! Don't worry! Though I still spy a name attached to your post! Do you require attention? I have given you it veritably!
>>
File: 1478817464622.png (820KB, 533x639px) Image search: [Google]
1478817464622.png
820KB, 533x639px
If you're more interested in fucking with namefags than anything horus heresy related, you don't belong here.
Shas and Curze are two solid posters, and although the vocal community here dislikes me, you need to leave them alone.

What is on your table tonight /hhg/? Please, literally anything at all, even if you're just cutting sprues, please post a picture.
>>
Gas the Yiffs
Heresy War Now
>>
>>52183875
threads gonna dissolve into a war.

hell yes.
>>
>>52183841
I'm sorry to inform you, but another mistake is located in your post!

>If you're more interested in fucking with namefags than anything horus heresy related, you don't belong here.

Imageboards don't include the notoriety of forum-posting! There is no gold to reward you for a persona! If you would like to find a site more suited to your social persuasion of seeking recognition and identity, please return to Reddit or one of the other myriad identity-based communities! I am glad to be of help to an errant Redditor!
>>
File: 1488593719253.png (1MB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
1488593719253.png
1MB, 850x860px
>>52183875
Heresy war now
>I didn't return for this shit
>>
File: GAMA-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg (560KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-ArkanautIronclad-Content.jpg
560KB, 1000x1000px
Well I was going to do thousand sons

Fuck 'em

SKY PIRAAAAATES
>>
MR JANITOR
TEAR DOWN THIS THREAD
>>
File: IMG_3057.jpg (88KB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3057.jpg
88KB, 500x888px
>>52183841
>>
>>52183913
>squat fire raptor
>>
>>52183928
MR. DORN
BUILD THIS WALL
>>
>>52183956

Maybe a Thunderbolt? I doubt it's big enough to stand in as a superheavy.
>>
File: GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg (409KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg
409KB, 1000x1000px
>>52183956
Fuck yes

This guys is going to be my reaver lord on jet bike

LOOK AT HIS ARMORED TOP HAT

What a perfect reason to use T5 chymerie blackshields
>>
File: bg.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>52183973
MR. IRON WARRIOR
EXPLODE THIS WALL
>>
>>52183974
>fire raptor
>super-heavy

Um...
>>
>>52183974
Why, is it not but yet another wayward Redditor away from home! Hello my friend, are you lost? Please refer to my post here:

>>52183905

I wish you a happy journey!
>>
File: delete everything.jpg (221KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
delete everything.jpg
221KB, 600x911px
>>52183928
Forget the power of mods and janitors, for so much has been shitposted, never to be banned. In the grim darkness of HHG there's only shitposting and the autism of memeing gods...
>>
>>52184001

I'm just thinking it can't stand in as a floating baneblade or anything.
>>
>>52183993
>so dapper
>so dandy

A proper fop hat.
>>
>>52184002

Don't do that to Shas you fag. He's been here longer than you have.
>>
>>52183997
MR DORN REBUILD THIS WALL
>>
>>52184029
Who was gonna field it as a baneblade? Nobody said that? I specifically said fire raptor, you know, the minigun nosed, autocannon sponsoned not-super-heavy flyer?
>>
>>52183993
Are... are those mustache guns?
>>
>>52184039

Why you removed your trip/name! An intrepid Redditor you are! I hope you achieve assimilation with the native population! Best of luck and good wishes to you, good Sir Reddit!
>>
>>52184057
MEGUMIN
EKUSUPOROSHUN~
>>
>>52176660
Daily Word Bearers Post #7

L O R G A R D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
>>
>>52184074
legitimately
shas has been here a long time and never been an obnoxious faggot with his trip
stop being such a fucking newfag
>>
>>52184067

Yeah, I wasn't clear. I don't think it can stand in as a fire raptor, because a PDF/Cults list can't take fire raptors. But it could stand in for other aircraft or vehicles pretty well. I think it's too small to stand in as a superheavy like a baneblade.
>>
>>52184074
shut the fuck up, leave shas alone.
>>
>>52184074
You're calling me Reddit? I would kek if it wasn't so stupid. I have done more for the /hhg/ then almost anyone here. I once hoped that we could keep things civil until Angelus, but that dream is dead. When that book does come out I'm going to have to think twice before I share it with the likes of you.
>>
>>52184085
I DID NOT ASK FOR MR KHAN
>>
>not indiscriminately filtering all namefags instantly without exceptions.
What is wrong with you /tg/? stop giving them (you)s
>>
File: Words of advice.png (57KB, 1325x400px) Image search: [Google]
Words of advice.png
57KB, 1325x400px
>>52184002
Shhh, it's fine. We'll deal with it. You're just shooting blind now.
Hush, anon.

WHY CAN'T WE KEEP HIS TEACHINGS?
>>
>>52184092
>>52184089
>>52184096

A gaggle of Redditors! Or perhaps a mischievous Shas'o'Reddit is playing a tricksy game of samefagging? What a splendid game!

>>52184115

There is no need to be upset or till fibbs fair Redditor!
>>
File: 589idolizedNozomi.png (137KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
589idolizedNozomi.png
137KB, 512x720px
So I heard you guys like raibus, if raibu was a heresy what heresy would be raibu?
>>
someone just post all the pics already
>>
>>52184135
So I'm a redditor now? Four years of scanning books for you people and this is what happens. I am legitimately depressed.
>>
Gosh, I sure do love table top miniature war games.
>>
>>52183913
>you could slap two of those together and make a flying squat-Gorgon
>>
>>52184159

Do you wish to cry on my shoulder, good fellow? I can certainly oblige you bleeding fanny!
>>
>>52184163
Me too. Which one do you love?
>>
File: AdamRuinsEverything.png (51KB, 325x103px) Image search: [Google]
AdamRuinsEverything.png
51KB, 325x103px
>>52184135
How can anyone be as blind as (You)? Worse than all obnoxious tripfags and reddit.
>>52184159
A palabras necias, oidos sordos.
>>
>>52184159
thats just some random faggot scanon
we love you man
>>
>>52184178
I think the Horus Heresy subset of the Warhammer 40k game is pretty cool.
>>
>>52184159
The general's over. It's just a rolling shitposting thread from now on. Don't bother contributing anything else of substance, I won't be. Not in here.
>>
>>52184181
t.redditor who sucks up to trip/namefags
>>
>>52184197
Me too! What are the odds?
>>
File: praise to the Scan Anon.jpg (695KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
praise to the Scan Anon.jpg
695KB, 1280x1914px
>>52184210
I'm calling you worse than the bad, silly, I'm calling you double mon-keigh, trying to shit on everything.
>>52184201
This is what happens when janitors betray us.
>>
>>52184197
I think it's pretty cool too! I especially like the Night Lords legion and in particular their primarch. Which is your favorite legion?
>>
File: 1415725235503.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415725235503.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>the return of awg
>scanon and Shas'o getting called reddit
>curzefag waifuposting in a vain attempt to get shit back on rails

/hhg/ is over, pack it up. We're done here.
>>
>>52184201

The thread ended where recognition-seeking Redditor-friends entered, sir! It certainly would be excellent if the culture of imageboards were respected! Alas, some Redditors ignore such customs - a woeful time! They would be much happier with gold in their pockets and upvotes in their smile, wouldn't you think? Shas'O'Reddit would be drowning in upvotes if he simply returned to his home!
>>
>>52184264
Night Lords are okay, but I prefer the World Eaters. I think they look slick, and they kill people real good.

>>52184218
Incredible, for sure.
>>
>>52184171
I need to know sizes on this range so i can figure our the legion equivalents. The big one is obviously a fire raptor.

Maybe the smaller 'dirigible' can be a speeder or pred. Then the middle one be a step up and pred/sicaran...
>>
>>52184317

>discord

BEEP BEEP BEEP REDDIT ALERT

BEEP BEEP

PREPARING HOLY AUTOMATED WEAPON SYSTEMS

PREPARE FOR PURGATION
>>
>>52184298
Ah yes, the World Eaters. Quite the tragic legion.
>>
File: Token Loli.png (951KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Token Loli.png
951KB, 1280x720px
>>52183997
>Perturabo is now a token loli
How does this improve the HH?
>>
>>52184317
>"Hey, guys, leave this sinking ship and come to our special place where nobody's a faggot."
>some time later
>"Oh my god, where did all these faggots come from? This place was suppose to be different!"
>>
>>52184370
the difference is we can ban the fucking faggots on there
>>
>>52184333
You do know you called the only person who gives us all these expensive as fuck Black Books Reddit right? You insulted the man who slashes the spines of $150 books so the Horus Heresy Community can all enjoy them, who buys and destroys these expensive as shit books to please all the neckbeards in this general. Is that a reddit thing to do?
>>
Which HH novels are worth reading
>>
>>52184390
None of them. Read the FW books and only the FW books.
>>
>>52184120
Because Inferno was confirmed for shit the moment FW admitted Luther and Cypher wouldn't be in there.
>>
File: 20170314_163437.jpg (143KB, 760x741px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_163437.jpg
143KB, 760x741px
>>52183841
Primed my first batch of IH models, starting with my mk6 vets.
>>
>>52184366
Oh god, where do I sign up for this?
>>
>>52184405
You mean Angelus, surely?
>>
>>52184402
Come on, there's some decent ones. So long as you don't get invested in the series, you're good.
>>
>>52184405
Why would the DA be in the Propero book?
>>
>>52184388
>to please all the neckbeards in this general
that shit gets dl'd and distributed all over the internet community. man's a saint to loads of people.
>>
File: L85+XM8 OTP.jpg (397KB, 1920x1940px) Image search: [Google]
L85+XM8 OTP.jpg
397KB, 1920x1940px
>>52184138
Not raibus, Curzefag, raifus. A very different and far more mature and sophisticated sort of tomfoolery.
>>
>>52184402
Fair enough

I read the first novel and it seemed okay.
>>
>>52184381
Yeah, that'll stop them.
>>
>>52184432
The quality varies. Either read them all or just the ones that feature your faction. Either way you'll have to wade through some shit.
>>
>>52184366
>all the primarchs are now smug anime girls
How does this improve the HH?
>>
File: Saint Young Men.jpg (132KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Young Men.jpg
132KB, 600x405px
>>52184265
It's okay, Jesus, your roommate Buddha will help cheer you up.
>>
>>52184418
>>52184425
I did, but the statement remains true regardless.
>>
File: Beanie-Baby-Scorpio.jpg (81KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Beanie-Baby-Scorpio.jpg
81KB, 640x426px
>>52184159
For the record, I liked you not because you gave us the lore and built this general.
I liked you simply because you seemed like a nice guy. It's sad to see you go.
I hope you can forgive us one day and return, so we can be friends again.
>>
File: fag king.jpg (66KB, 681x460px) Image search: [Google]
fag king.jpg
66KB, 681x460px
>>52184449
>thinking you can stop me
>>
So I read Horus Rising like I said. I also bought False Gods and Galaxy in Flames like 8 years ago and never read them. Should I?

Also which books have iron hands
>>
>>52182293
>tfw you used to have a couple of the old style rhinos from back in the 3e days
>tfw you can't remember if you traded them away or what, but kinda wish you had them now.
That said, I got my shiny new Burning of Prospero box to start assembling tomorrow.

No idea what I'm going to do with the 30 marines, since this is going to be a Custodes army (mostly, I decided to have 1 squad of Sisters). But I know that several of them are going to end up decorating the bases of my dreadnoughts. But I always thought of making a new army some day, so I'll have them around for that.
>>
>>52184561

False Gods is fine. Galazy in Flames is shit.

Books with IH are Fulgrim, Meduson, Damnation of Pathos, Angel Exterminatus and Shattered Legions.
>>
>>52184159
Well shit, nigga, you gotta do what you gotta do. Even God couldn't get people to do what he wanted. You just have to roll with the punches or forsake this gay earth. Thanks for the scans, but if that's how the cookie crumbles, then so be it.

I didn't compile all those white dwarfs and spend days converting epubs to PDFs to hold people at ransom with them. I did it because fuck it, why not, someone's gonna use them. There's no medal at the end of it and people gon b shit no matter what. You can only control what you do.
>>
>>52184665
He's not holding us at ransom, he's dissapointed on us. That's even worse. I'd rather be held at ransom than dissapoint someone I esteem that doesn't even know I exist, to be honest.
>>
>>52184707
So what was >>52184115 all about?
>>
>>52184665

I never said I was stopping, did I? I'll just keep away for a while until things die down. I've been here since it began. My work created the conditions for a Horus Heresy General to exist. I've posted here constantly anonymously, until a book arrives and it's time to put on the Scanon/Scananon cap and get to work. I hate calling attention to myself, but seeing everything go to shit like this has been quite painful. We were always better than this, better than the 40k general with its WAAC attitude and autism, better than Sigmar and the last dying breaths of Fantasy. But it all caught up to us as well in the end.
>>
>>52184741
It's dissapointment, anon. It's not as if we had any say in what he does. And again, he seems like a good person. Since HH4 I didn't care whether or not he gifted us stuff we didn't deserve.
Only that he was here. That my comments had a chance to be read by him.
>>52184766
A few bad apples do spoil the bunch, I suppose.
But how do we fix it?
>>
>>52184787
>A few bad apples do spoil the bunch, I suppose.
>But how do we fix it?
Click report on every one of their posts like I've been doing?
>>
>>52184787
>But how do we fix it?
we cant fix it, because theres always going to be asocial faggots with nothing better to do than ruin a thread for shits and giggles, and newfags who feed the obnoxious tripfags.
we can only hope they dont get the attention they crave and the threads fix themselves over time
>>
>>52184787
People just need to learn to accept trips. It's their fault for getting upset. I don't post anything bad.
>>
>>52184843
Oh yeah, while it's a bit of a knee-jerk response, the only board who consistently says people are from reddit is /pol/... so yeah.
>>
File: Canis Vertex.png (52KB, 345x62px) Image search: [Google]
Canis Vertex.png
52KB, 345x62px
Reminder that the Thousand Sons were Hereteks of the highest order and deserved everything that happened to them.
>>
>>52184872
stop falseflagging you stupid fucking nigger
>>
File: SuiseisororitasHQ.jpg (274KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SuiseisororitasHQ.jpg
274KB, 1200x1500px
All Yiffs must be burned.
>>
>>52184907

Thousand Sons possessed a dead Titan.
Space Wolves use Khornate weapons.
Lets just call it even at this point.
>>
>>52183671
>>52183791
Knock it off, cunt.
>>
>>52184907
So a titan named Dog Supreme screwed Space Wolves?
>>
>>52185056
The real top dog
>>
File: IMG_9567.jpg (1MB, 2942x2365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9567.jpg
1MB, 2942x2365px
Caladius is almost done! Gold tanks are beautiful obnoxious.
>>
>>52185225
>cuckstodes
Kys, WAACfag, maybe if you go back to plebbit you'll get all those upboats and praise you seek. Your kin is not welcome here, neither is your broken army or horribly painted Chinese recasts.
>>
>>52185277
>Mad about overpriced units
>Automatically assumes Reddit
>Broken army lol
>Pretty well painted
>Pretty sure it wouldn't matter if recast; model is a model

Why so mad, sonnyboi.
>>
>>52185225
Great paintjob, it looks really good.
Don't worry about what other peoples opinions are about your army, if you want to play it go for it.
>>
>>52185225
How hard was it to build the model itself? Resin vehicles were pain in the ass in my cases.
>>
File: IMG_2181.jpg (410KB, 1000x1288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2181.jpg
410KB, 1000x1288px
Jesus fuckin' Christ lads, I've been gone for a few hours and come back to some spew between /b/, /pol/, and hell itself. Is this what we get for letting trips in?

Good God namefags, what's your game? What kind of sick goddamn pleasure are you getting from shitting up 3 consecutive generals? I happened to like things back when it was armor autism and paintjob obsessions.

Breadanon protect us, all that's left is the bump limit.
>>
>>52185403
>complains about namefags when it was an anon that was doing most of the shitflinging
I think you need to read the thread, anon.
>>
>>52185397
Wasn't bad at all. The main body is literally 3 pieces and the back end is one chunk. After that it's all little odds and ends that are pretty pleasant.
>>
>>52185423
>you're not fooling anyone, yiff faggot
>>
>>52185517
I've been trying to not respond to the flinging tonight, and that really isn't me.
I am still plugging away at my Bolter marines
>>
>@52185593
That's because you're trying to weasel your way out of the fact that as an unrepentant tripfag, it's your fucking fault.

No (you) for you either.
>>
>@52185593
Well then, as always, here's the big question. Don't fucking try to dodge it.

Why are you keeping the name then? It brings nothing but shitflinging and wasted threads. You've seen this. So why keep it up?

Don't try and piss out some "community-building" bullshit AWG pulled. That's crap and we all know it
>>
>>52185664
It is AWG, just under a different name.
>>
>>52185664
The fault lay just as much with the shitflingers as anything else.
Y'know, I used to see people give shit to fucking Scriptarious of all people in 40k threads because they were such fucking newfags/trolls that they were unable to show respect to the people that push OC on the board.
It's the same shitlord mentality that drove nazimod, and it's more annoying when anons like you go full /v/irgin and sperg out constantly about the fucking name field than anything else.
I can, and do, ignore shit that doesn't interest me, because the thread doesn't need my piss on it.
>>
>>52185747
>"the fault lies as much blah blah blah"

>"No"
Fuck off man, AWG or whatever you're calling yourself is cancer, like Carnac but more persistently annoying. If you're not him I don't give a damn, I just want this dickhead and any other namefag out.

It's annoying as hell when people bill the place made to be anonymous as something they own, and especially when that shit-flinging fatass tries to act like he's such a godamn gift to the community that he deserves his own special name again and a-fuckin-gain, especially after literally hundreds of replies telling him to knock it off or fuck off.

Good god it's starting to rustle my jimmies
>>
>>52185797
he is a fucking hollow shell of a man, devoid of any actual value, and as such gets his kicks shitting up the threads and trying to draw attention to himself
stop giving him that fucking attention
>>
File: 20170314_231422.jpg (884KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_231422.jpg
884KB, 2048x1152px
Plugging away on these.
I haven't assembled a large batch in a few weeks, I missed it.
>>
>@52185841
I would literally sell a Kidney and give all the money to Mootwo if it would ban you from 4chan.
>>
>>52185841

I used to use gorilla super glue. I'll give you a tip: switch to Loctite Gel Control. The sacrifice in frost and heat resistance and slightly less durable bond (did you really need a super glue that's so strong your plastic breaks before the joint does?) is worth the increase in control, less time required holding pieces together, and less dripping and seeping.
>>
>>52185967
Does the gel control also work on resins/metals?
>>
>>52185988

Yes, it's super glue.
>>
>>52185997
Thanks, I will pick up some tomorrow.
>>
Anyone who replies to a Tripfag should be shot.
>>
>>52186053
>Acting as if tripfags are the problem and not some of the people behind them

Gee man that's pretty fucking stupid of you.
>>
>>52180823
Where is this fantastic image from?
>>
>>52186151
Unremembered Empire IIRC
>>
>>52184265
Stay steadfast brother, it is only our faith being tested.
>>
>>52184265

this general was shit since day 1, probably because generals in general are shit and hhg didn't start until generals were well established outside of /vg/
>>
File: 1489558379252.jpg (1MB, 3266x2332px) Image search: [Google]
1489558379252.jpg
1MB, 3266x2332px
Ah yes, nearly done!
>>
>>52186385
It's beautiful anon, well done
>>
>>52186403
Censure Host team when.
>>
>>52183913
You know, I bet anon could make good use of this in his whale.
>>
File: 1480075162679.jpg (780KB, 1705x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1480075162679.jpg
780KB, 1705x1212px
Question for 30k wizards. I've done some googling on this and cant seem to find a straight answer.
Did leman russ have blue armor during the heresy or gray? Gray to match his legion, or blue maybe because it was like this frost armor and every one else started wearing blue after him?
>>
>>52186639
Here is a visual guide to the color of his armor.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FR/Leman-Russ-Primarch-of-the-Space-Wolves
>>
>>52186639
I mean, you could just look at the model.
>>
>>52186647
:I
I've seen that of course but you know how forgeworld be. All the old pictures of him are in gray armor.
>>
>>52186639
>someone actually saved gigawolf.jpg
>>
>>52186676
Do not reply to tripfags.
>>
>>52186698
At this point it's a lost cause. Let the thread die and hopefully drag the tripfag down to 404 hell with it.
>>
>>52186698
True. He did give me a fucking smart ass answer.
Last time I had a question It was respectfully answered with citations.
>>
>>52186676
You have some latitude to go with either.
I mean, DA went to green from black, and Lion wore black armor himself.
That said, you'd have to piece together an entire color scheme yourself if you decided to not follow FW's move. If you are comfortable doing so, then go with gray.
>>
File: image.png (318KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
318KB, 540x602px
>>52177167
>Raven Guard
>Mk IV
>uncommon
>>
>>52186385
how'd you get that violet color on the silver metal parts?
>>
>>52186798
Do not reply to tripfags
>>
>>52186816
Don't shit up threads. Your head up your ass about the name field shits up the thread just as much
>>
>>52186881
He wouldn't say that if the Tripfags weren't here. Are we supposed to just sit back and let the Tripfag cancer take over?
>>
>>52186802
Druchii Violet watered down and glazed over leadbelcher that was highlighted with stormhost silver.
>>
Let's get back to discussing the new squats release. I don't know the militia list very well, but I'm presuming that Abhumans is an absolute must take for the +1T -1I combo, and Survivors is the likely additional choice for that +1 to saves. You have to take grenadiers in power armour as troops, but I suppose you could use the heavy weapon models for that and take the more lightly armoured guys with CCWs and pistols as a non-compulsory infantry squad. Half the characters seem to have thunder hammers, can you take those in a militia list? Any idea as to whether the airships could be usable, maybe as Asrvus Lighters? The balloon jump guys are probably just too silly.
>>
>>52185593
That really isn't me

Yet you just happen to respond 2 comments later. Kill yourself you pathetic attention whoring nobody. Your modelling is shit was from I've seen as well. Probably explains why you have to adopt such an annoying persona, because otherwise no one would give a fuck. So ultimately you've traded no attention by being a shit anonymous painter, to be a universally reviled and hated shit painter. Once more so it's clear, lose the trip, you are ruining a whole general.
>>
>>52187712
I think some of the more ridiculous looking stuff doesn't fit the theme of 30k, the airship and the balloon guys are out of place. The infantry and characters would make good squats in power armour, maybe would look better with a different paint job to make them look like adapted mining gear rather than fantasy steampunk dwarf crap.

Throw in some guard vehicles and parts from the genestealer cults and you have an awesome looking 30k squat force.
>>
File: image.jpg (309KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
309KB, 1000x1000px
Would these heads work for SW face masks?

id cut off any of the piping, shorten the beards, glass lenses etc. I'm thinking Khorne red, with dark brown wash, or just normal dark brown leather.
>>
>>52188008
I think they look like shit and would take so much work to look good you may as well just GS some regular SW heads.
>>
File: faceplate.jpg (91KB, 296x397px) Image search: [Google]
faceplate.jpg
91KB, 296x397px
>>52188008
Nah mate those would look like shit on a space marine. If you really want norse faceplates for helmets, perhaps try looking for faceplates from the dwarf warrior kit.
>>
I doubt I'll find the answer here, but what the hell.
I've been considering doing the Ravenwing Protocol ever since I've seen the rite, but have been on the fence due to the expense required. Going for mid-to-late Heresy period would excuse me for using regular SM bikes with converted MkV as needed, with the Ravenwing ones used for variation. I'd add the outriders if possible once the jetbike squadrons are complete, but Ravenwing bikers look cool enough to not make me worry about the Outriders.
Concerning infantry squads I was thinking of Terminators or Veterans in Dreadclaw Drop pods and maybe a Caestus for a mix of orbital assault with gotta-go-fast bikes, jetbikes and flyers.
Dreadclaws with Vets eat up too much Fast Attack slots so I'm leaning more towards Terminators (2xCataphractii and a Tartaros squad due to already owning BaC&BoP like everyone else), with one Vets at most due to the availability of Nuncio-vox for helping with deep strikes later on. Is this a solid theoretical?
>>
>>52188008
Don't buy that shit, let it fail. Also the face masks of the space wolves are explicitly stylised animals, usually wolves sometimes bears and ravens.
>>
>>52188122
Sounds pretty reasonable but at what points level is this? Sounds like you're playing orbital assault with bikes rather than Ravenwing with terminators.
>>
>>52185967
I use the Loctite, it's great, but there's occasions when a piece of resin just refuses to be glued properly, or takes several minutes of holding and more glue than should be necessary. Is that an issue with the piece I'm gluing? Did I not scrub it enough?
>>
>>52188177
No specific point level, my rough estimate for this is at 2000pts so I'd run it with a Delegatus, two-three units of 5-man TDAs, two Scimitar jetbikers (one probably as HS), one-two Outriders, one Jetbike command squad and a flyer if it fits in.
Orbital Assault vs. Ravenwing ratio would be tilted to the latter as I get more stuff, I'm bound to playing PotL anyway with the stuff I currently have. In other words zero bike or FW stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 377x377px
Hey guys, I found some concept art of an Admech Manta. Would be way easier to build than the Whalebird, since I can just get a few small whales and remove the tails to make into balloons, and they're cheap as chips. Maybe I'll do that first, before or instead of the StormWhale. I can use the new terrain GWs putting out for parts.

Also I don't have to pay points for Assault Vehicle and the ability to carry Dreadnoughts and Rhinos in my Stormbird, which is handy.
>>
>>52188175
Shit? These are easily the coolest steampunk miniatures on the market, while also being the coolest dwarves available.
They're objectively fucking awesome miniatures, with a cool and unique aesthetic, and a subtle twist on the theme.
Get back in your cave you bitter lonely hate filled troll 30K is dur best gais wannabe-cool-kid faggot.
>>
>>52187983
Yeah, I think the more over the top elements would be difficult to use, but the ones in >>52188008 and the more heavily armoured guys would work well with a couple of weapon swaps and a less cartoonish paint job. The characters are good too. Genestealer cult parts is a good shout, and their vehicle might work as well if there's something in the militia list it could proxy for. Pretty sexy overall, I'm sure we'll see someone do it before long.
>>
>>52188230
no I play AoS, but the models are objectively shit. Go fuck your steam powered dildo and throw money at the most hideous miniatures ever made.
>>
>>52188351

>objectively

You might wasnt to go and grab a dictionary.
>>
>>52188230
>coolest steampunk

That's like winning at the special Olympics.
>>
Man, thread is slow today.
Trying to figure out whether the Manta or the Stormbird would be a simpler thing to build, since I think the Manta would lack all the fancy doors and interiors on the real one, being a cross between a Manta, an airship and the Avengers Helicarrier.

I still haven't worked out a secondary colour for my Genetor Mechanicum. Using Duncan's SoS armour bronze plus Nikhilakh oxide for metal, what works with that and looks mad sciencey?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.