[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 65

File: 1460299850281.jpg (296KB, 1152x842px) Image search: [Google]
1460299850281.jpg
296KB, 1152x842px
D&D 5th Edition General

>New Unearthed Arcana: Traps Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/0227_UATraps.pdf

>Give feedback on the previous Unearthed Arcana:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/19723ad02610

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous Thread:
>>52153314

Do your parties ever get pets? Do they ever add anything meaningful to the group?
>>
>Posts a new thread before arcana gets released, OR previous thread gets archieved.
Please kill yourself.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12519777
>>
>>52156645
Yes, that's how it works. Letting the thread fall into archives before making a new one is a bad habit.

>>52156592
Yes. Even without a full beastmaster or mage familiar, pets help keep yourself grounded.
>>
File: Halfling.png (326KB, 816x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Halfling.png
326KB, 816x1000px
Of course my players keep pets.
>>
>>52156592
>>52156668
My party has a pet goblin. He lives a sad life.
>>
File: canadian-seal-hunt.jpg (259KB, 2215x1424px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-seal-hunt.jpg
259KB, 2215x1424px
Does your setting have seal clubbing as a sport?
>>
>>52156668
I want to make a slaver character but I feel like it would be a bit too edgy
>>
>>52156592
Comedy relief most of the time, my dwarf beastmaster just lugs the black bear around and has him sit on stools and chairs when in somewhere fancy.

Garol is his name but he also goes by "Bloody Dumb Bear."
>>
>>52156592
I let a forest gnome beastmaster keep a squirrel along with their beastmaster pet with the understanding that it wouldn't have any special abilities or usefulness. The character has since died and the squirrel remains with the party.
>>
>>52156726
Well, there are less controversial, more deserving and more challenging things to club, so no.
>>
>>52156592
My party has a crab following them around. The crab is an imprisoned warlock's familiar, and he talks to them through it.

He's in the city where the campaign takes place, but they haven't figured out where yet and the warlock doesn't know his location.
>>
>>52156726
As a matter of fact, the Elven nation in my setting is analogous to French Canada in the late 1800s, so yes, we do have seal clubbing.
>>
>>52156733
Depends on what the regional view on slavery is.

If you're trying to be a slaver in an area where it's illegal, edge is at almost intolerable levels.
If you're trying to be a slaver in an area that's either lawless or neutral towards it, you're moderately edgy.
If you're trying to be a slaver in a land where the law supports slavery and is even built on the back of it, you're totally in the clear.
>>
File: gibbering_mouther.gif (87KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
gibbering_mouther.gif
87KB, 300x360px
>>52156592
What sort of loot is found inside a Gibbering Mouther?
>>
File: today.jpg (39KB, 679x397px) Image search: [Google]
today.jpg
39KB, 679x397px
From Crawford's Twitter. So it's definitely still coming today, despite lateness.
>>
>>52156820
Giblets
>>
>>52156726
>as a sport
Pig-disgusting. The seal hunt is not a game.
>>
File: GRRM.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>>52156827
>Unearthed Arcana: Food expanded
>>
File: 1435156331017.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1435156331017.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>52156592
>Do your parties ever get pets? Do they ever add anything meaningful to the group?
Oh boy, let me tell you about pets.

>At a family get-together
>Cousin brings in a game called Avalon
>Standard stuff, just Fantasy Town of Salem
>Everyone has a good time
>Use that as a springboard to suggest DnD
>Three of them get into the idea
>Get everything ready, teach them how character creation works, takes around two hours in total
>Start them through the LMoP story
>Right before the game starts, the Barbarian player finds out about pets
>Asks if he can get a pet
>Say if he rolls a 20 he can get it (use it as an example to teach everyone what a critical roll is)
>He actually gets the 20
>Give him a pet rat
>Tell him it has 1 HP, 11 AC and does 1d4+1 bite damage
>He actually is fine with that
>Fast forward to Cragmaw Cave
>They're debating on how to get into the cave without being seen
>Barbarian player decides to let the rat go in and check
>Tell him he has to roll a stealth check and each Goblin will roll a perception check
>He gets another fucking 20
>No Goblin passes
>One of the other characters gets out an inkwell and parchment, dips the rat's tail in it and tells it to map out the cave
>Animal Handling roll of 18
>I let them do it because I've never seen anything like this from my normal groups
>Later on, in combat with the goblins
>Barbarian throws the rat at a goblin
>Another fucking nat 20 to hit
>Dice aren't loaded, they're my dice
>This rat keeps getting fucking nat 20s
>I relent and make him a full companion to the Barbarian, full stats

It was a mess, but on the plus side they love DnD now.
>>
Unearthed Arcana: Traps Revisted Part 2
>>
>>52156592
>Do your parties ever get pets?
In my LMoP group we kidnapped a goblin and stuck him in the Artificer's Toolbox of Holding with a breathing straw. We are using him to find the location to Cragmaw.
My character has pet rocks.

In my SKT group:
I killed an orog and stole his axebeak, had armor made for him, had our retired Paladin wagonmaster train him for combat, and then never ride around on him because I am a teleporting warrior-monk.
We ran into some Earth Cultists and intimidated them (by using Stone Shape to seal some of them into a coccoon made of their own stone armor) into giving us all their money and some of their bullettes, which now pull our wagon (which is sitting somewhere because we're on an airship)
And I beat the shit out of the white wyrmling pet of some Uthgardt assholes and shoved it into a bag of holding, but Imryith vaporized its head off (and most of the party) when we were attempting to use it as a hostage bargaining chip. So now we just have half a wyrmling corpse in a bag.
>>
>>52156820
The half-digested remains of whatever it ate and the undigested remains of whatever it can't digest that it ate.
>>
>>52156851
Unearthed Arcana: Taxes
>>
File: Taxes.png (7MB, 3000x2756px) Image search: [Google]
Taxes.png
7MB, 3000x2756px
>>52156878
>>
>>52156791
>elves are frenchman
this is funny on many different levels
>>
Anyonne ready for UA: Romance and Erotic?
>>
>>52156852
Honestly, luck of the dice during the first few games does a great deal when drawing in new players.

I guarantee they wouldn't have been half as interested if none of those rolls succeeded. But hey, congratulations for being a relenting GM and getting a handful of players genuinely invested in D&D.
>>
>>52156928
If it had waifus, I'm willing to bet half of /tg/ wouldn't even be mad.
>>
Come up with the mostly likely UA release that will cuck mystics.

I vote UA:Gender & Race relations
>>
>>52156868
You guys stole Droop? That's my party's goblin too (>>52156687).

Whenever they execute a captive they make Droop do it to prove his loyalty.
>>
>>52156903
They're chain-smoking, river-rafting, striped shirt-wearing lumberjacks with thin mustaches and keen whittling skills.
>>
>>52156903
woodsy, folksy frenchmeen, not parisians
>>
I need some help /5eg/

I need an item to give to my lvl 6 tabaxi ranger this session. He hasn't gotten loot at all this entire campaign and I feel like he deserves it. What's something that's not just a +1?
>>
>>52156960
Yeah, pretty sure it's Droop. He was getting bullied by some shit in a cave or something IIRC.
>>
>>52156970
>wood elf french canadians
That writes itself
>>
>>52156986
What does he do
>>
>>52156986
Give him Slippers of Spider Climbing, or Quiver of Elhonna
>>
>>52156958
Easy mode guess is Downtime Activities, given how long its been kicking around. A funnier one would be something to do with Revising Alignment or a new way of determining starting stats though.
>>
>>52157015
Arrows and cat

It's his first RPG character
>>
>>52156986
Captured by mind flayers, they install flensing blades in his arms
>>
>>52156958

True Rituals would be nice.

The ones in the Shattered Lands book were mediocre as fuck
>>
>>52156986
>One with the Wild: A magic instrument, when played, calls a beast to your aid. This beast is chosen by the DM and aids you for one hour, before it leaves to reenter the wild. It recognizes you as a defender of beasts and the forest and will do its best to help you in battle, though it does value its own life.
>>
>>52157066
That's pretty neat. I might actually give that very item to him. Probably once per long rest though
>>
>>52156986

>Not giving a cat a rope of climbing

It's like you can't even Cat
>>
>>52157030
A bow that, replacing one attack in an Attack action, can fire a single arrow into the air and mark two targets.

The arrow returns on the user's next turn as TWO arrows and makes attacks against the two marked targets, even if they've moved. If they fail a Dex save vs 8+Prof+Dex, they are pinned to the ground until the end of their turn.

Recharges on short rest.
>>
Anyone willing to dm on roll 20 or some shit. Im not new to d n d persay but me and my buddies play a mix homebrew/bad understanding of rules on all of our campaigns (we switch GM's) its just the little shit honestly
>>
>>52156958

I thought 5e already has Gender and Race relations with confirmation that women are good, but black is better:
>>
>>52157119
Stealing that.
>>
>>52157004
My Dwarves are Mexicans.
They wear large hats, have bitching mustaches instead of beards, drink tequila, and take long naps in the middle of the day. They can also plant a garden or build a shack in half the time and at half the cost of any other race.
>>
>>52156820
I don't have any ideas for loot, but gibbering mouthers don't have immunity to charm. i know what i'm using next time i see one.

>>52156852
that's pretty cute
>>
>>52157097
Yeah just treat it like Conjure Animals, but maybe add some more fluff. Like once a day you can have the cat he has actually speak with the competency of an average commoner. Something to give character.
>>
>>52157162
>black people exist
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52157196

... Yes? I wasn't suggesting they don't, I'm saying they're better than other races.
>>
>>52157196
Come over here white girl and let Papa Chult show you some of this dino deeeiiick.
>>
Played POTA, all good fun.
DM buddy would like to play as player.
I've volunteered to run campaign for group, but don't want to do POTA again - suggestions?

Also, would it be sensible to DM off laptop???
>>
File: 1488905656580.jpg (14KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
1488905656580.jpg
14KB, 480x473px
>>52156852
>TFW player gets pet slime
>Pet slime crits all the fucking checks despite being supposed to be incredibly weak
>>
File: Curse of Strahd.jpg (415KB, 1536x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Curse of Strahd.jpg
415KB, 1536x1055px
>>52157213
>>
>>52157213
>Also, would it be sensible to DM off laptop???

I do. I'm more organized that way and it lets me cross-reference the Monster Manual, Volo's Guide, and custom-made stuff in the same encounter without flipping through multiple books or having to copy statblocks.
>>
>>52157213
I use a tablet for easier access to sounds/music at the table and for visual aid if a player is having a really hard time using their imagination, but I prefer hardcopy of notes/maps/ personal character sheets.
>>
>>52157196
Why are you triggered?
>>
>>52157213
SKT is the most well-received published adventure thus far, and only really requires some DM prep for chapter 3.

I like to DM with a mix of laptop to quickly reference spells/monsters/items/whatever random bullshit my players need me to make up, and a copy of the book for easy bookmarking and notes
>>
>>52157268

He's assuming a guy that said he thinks black people are great is actually saying black people need to get lynched and not exist in his tabletop.

The guy needs to grow up, it's kind of sad.
>>
>>52157252
bloody hobby store in my town wants 85 Canadian dollars for Volo's guide when I have a free pdf copy and amazon offers it for 40-50$. He's the only store in town though so the fucker charges whatever markup he wants. I almost want to open up a shop against him.
>>
>>52157268
Because I was reminded that black people exist. I thought I made that obvious?
>>
>>52156851
My character is the (adopted) daughter of an innkeeper and the party's cook. I would actually love this.

...'course, I'd love a 20-level Mystic more.
>>
>>52157312
>t. sheltered suburbanite
Admit it, you play rpgs because your life is dull and listless
>>
>>52157312

You need to remember your betters, anon.
>>
>>52157312
You didn't. You seemed like you were making an autistic assumption of some else's post and putting words in their mouth. Now it seems like you're backtracking. Are you a female?
>>
>>52157304
book depository dot com bruh, free shipperoni
>>
>>52156960
My players tried to steal Droop too. But they renamed him Bongo.
>>
>>52157337
You're reading too much into my post anon. I wasn't putting words in anyone's mouth, his post mentioned black people and therefore I was reminded that they exist and got triggered.
Also:
>women exist
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52157360
>splinters exist
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52157375
>existing exists
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Kender exist
>>
>>52157399
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52157304
I love having the physical books when I'm prepping just to take at least a few hours of my day away from the computer screen, but it only took me one night of trying to use 2 monster manuals in the same encounter to give up on using the physical books at the table.

Shame about the store. I buy local for MSRP just because the shop owner is a long-time friend.
>>
File: Seal-Beat.jpg (41KB, 547x720px) Image search: [Google]
Seal-Beat.jpg
41KB, 547x720px
>>52156726
>>
>>52156592

> Send the players into the Feywild for a for 5 room dungeon
> Players find 5 golden carbuncles and the boss monster
> During the boss fight tell them that the carbuncles have stopped doing carbuncle things and watch the violence
> Players decide to take the carbuncles with them, find out they communicate telepathically
> Find out that the carbuncles really love to watch violence
> Everywhere they go the players bring the carbuncles so they can watch the players fight
> Players bought a wagon and tricked it out so the carbuncles had a mobile high class wagon with amenities
> Players ended up lavishing these carbuncles for entire campaign arcs
> wtf, these were gag creatures why go so much into detail for them
> Roleplay begins to impress me, ranging from defending the carbuncles to arguing and defending Fey realm rights
> Throw them a bone
> The pets teach the players their custom spell of Reflect and the carbuncles can cast Plane Shift at anytime
> My game breaks almost immediately
> Don't care, had fun
>>
>>52157360
Sorry guy but you just seem like the kind of annoying person who does stupid things and then tries to backtrack on them.
>>
>>52157337

He's saying black people are better than white people!

That's wrong, black people are NOT better than white people!
>>
>>52157464
You seem like the kind of cutie who'd like to taste my penis.
>>
>>52157464
this is the longest series of complaints i've seen for a shitpost in a long time, anon
can you stop already
>>
File: RG 537.jpg (282KB, 624x900px) Image search: [Google]
RG 537.jpg
282KB, 624x900px
So attempting to reverse-tempt my caseworker into becoming a better person. I'm playing a fiend-patron, tome of the pact tiefling warlock who's bound to Mephistopheles. The Crimson Son has set an erinyes as her overseer. I'm 95% sure this devil's a distant ancestor of my character's.

I think I have an opening in that this patron, an erinyes, is genuinely concerned for my character's well being, and holds some amount of filial affection for her. She also puts up with some of my character's idiosyncrasies. (My character is heavily misanthropic and believes she is irrevocably damned due to her fiendish heritage, but secretly yearns to be loved and happy, so she sometimes commits acts of goodness when she thinks she can get away with it.)

I've come to you, /5eg/, for inspiration, or maybe some stories about similar exploits. How can I make a devil rise?
>>
File: IMG_9152.png (231KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9152.png
231KB, 750x1334px
where were you the first time mearls cucked you?
>>
>>52157475

Wow, racist much?
>>
Hunt for the Ring of Winter when? Its definatly gonna be in the continuation of SKT
>>
>>52157534
September.
>>
Share your plot hooks with me, /5eg/

The more Druid-y the better.
>>
>>52157480
They are serious complaints. I don't like his shitposting. It's not clever or fun and he should be made aware of how stupid he is.
>>
>>52157435
added to my campaign
>>
>>52157580

An ancient druid hailing from a vastly different time awakens to find 'nature' to be very different to what he remembered it to be. Misinterpreting the natural changes of the world as some terrible perversion, he seeks to unlock an ancient source of power from his era that can return the world to its old state-a deadly ice age that almost brought all races to extinction.
>>
>>52157580
All the druids in the lands are collecting to together. A druid king/chief/high priest/whatever has just been chosen and he ain't nice.
>>
>>52157580
First story i gm'd it was a avatar-like bending story with different domains accosiated with each major element. Well one of my character decided to be a dark elf, after i already made it to were the demon faction killed his entire race save for 2% of them. Well anyway inner turmoile yah yah, after major fuckery (he was chaotic stupid but i gave him some leeway) they start learning of this freelance faction that wants to change the world and destroy all the domains. He comes into contact with one of them and after making him play a game of irl ping pong he won (i knew he would but i still tried) the person told gim they were on of the freelance faction. To my fucking suprise he asked to join them so i blee my balls off because one of the other party members family was slaughtered by these guys and he just wants revenge. To bad i never finished that shit
>>
So assuming that you aren't running a montheistic or dualistic cosmology with a single or dual divinity what is the optimal size for a pantheon?

Forgotten Realms style where every race has at least a dozen gods?

Greco-Roman with about a dozen core gods?

Sumerian where every city has it's own divine patron?

Animism based where there are small gods for virtually every concept and item in the universe?

1 per major domain?

Does each race have a separate pantheon or do they worship alternative representations of the same dieties?

Does each god have it's own divine realm or do they just share a big ass romanesque temple on top of a massive mountain range?
>>
File: fruit.png (924KB, 899x713px) Image search: [Google]
fruit.png
924KB, 899x713px
>>52157580

You awake from your sleep in your chamber to find a displacer beast tied to the door of your room. A note is on his collar. It reads:

"Hello! I believe this is yours, so I've returned your pet. It has been a while since I've read anything undercommon, but I think this is the right place. - Sir Domely"

The displacer beast's collar has a decent amount of writing on it in undercommon. Feel free to flavor it up to fit whatever future story threads you want.
>>
>>52156726
Yeah but the DJ always plays the same shit, it's just boring now.
>>
File: 1456960397309.png (557KB, 560x568px) Image search: [Google]
1456960397309.png
557KB, 560x568px
I need ideas for an entertainer bard.
>>
>>52157580
Ruh oh! Somebody took sacred herb seeds from the dankwood druid circle and now high druid Scoobicus ( who has lowkey substance abuse problems) needs you and the gang to assist him in its retrieval. This herb is used primarily in the papers, ropes and clothes of the druids and they export their excess goods to have gold for charitable activities. It must be retrieved before its purity can be corrupted by neerdowells preforming their nefarious deeds! Help us, my dudes, nobody cares for the dankwoods anymore!

plot twist at the end, the dankwood druid circle is just a drug cartel, and Scoobicus was an illusionist ensuring you saw bandits instead of helpless villagers and law enforcement
>>
>>52157580
Earthquakes and the long passage of the millennia have shifted an underground river to run through an ancient, pre-apocalypse nuclear waste storage facility, and is now contaminating water tables downstream, poisoning the people and giving rise to strange creatures with psychic powers.
>>
>>52157716
melee focused physical comedy bard
>>
>>52157580
By druid-y do you mean just nature themed?

I'm sending my players through the feywild right now and so far I've plopped them in an Eladrin city where they were invited to a satyr revel.

You'd be surprised how many problems a mob of drunken adventurers and adrenaline-junkie goat men can cause in one night, and how many favors the PCs were forced to do the next morning because they got ditched and blamed for all the destruction.
>>
>>52157716
a mime that favours illusion magic and casts vicious mockery with an effeminate finger snap and hip sway.
>>
>>52157685
Why not greco-roman/Sumerian/animism?
Also each race worships different representations of the same gods. This is because gods are actual real things.
>>
>>52157716
Split personality comedy troupe, he is the whole troupe
>>
>>52157580
A magical corruption originating from a sliver of the Far Realm is starting to infect the land, turning normally docile/neutral animals into unimaginable monstrosities that give only a slight hint as to their original form. Weird fusions of animals are starting to show up, and even things that no one knows what they are (ie., illithids/mind flayers). Most arcane casters can stall/halt the spreading corruption, but only Druids and nature-worshiping Clerics can actually heal the damage inflicted upon the land.
>>
>>52157725
>Scoobicus
Not Snoopicus. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>52157733

Why not just go full on observational comedy bard ala Seinfeld.

"What is the deal with bugbears? Are they bugs? Are they bears?"
>>
File: iZz64KK.gif (2MB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
iZz64KK.gif
2MB, 365x205px
>>52156592
What are some aspects a BBEG can break apart into? Only ones I can think of so far are Law and Chaos. Was thinking Lust and Rage as well. Any others?
>>
>>52157766
I admit this is a better name
>>
>>52157776
I was thinking more Gallagher with a warhammer

actually an all bard comic group would be fun
>>
>>52157778
Life and Death, Envy/Desire and Sloth, Pride and Humility.
>>
>>52157795

You'd need a bag of holding to cover carrying all the required watermelons though.

Plus Gallagher was never ever funny, like ever.
>>
>>52157776
To be honest, I didn't even know what a Bugbear was or what one looked like up until a few months ago.

Just off the name, I thought they looked something like the Brain Bugs from Starship Troopers.
>>
File: piccolo and kami.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
piccolo and kami.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>52157778
good and evil
>>
>>52157778
I'll do these in opposing pairs where both sides of the spectrum could be villainous traits.

Divine-Infernal
Emptiness-Passion
Destruction-Preservation
Fate-Liberty
>>
WHERES THE UA EGGMAN YOU SAID THERED BE UA

>captcha- Angers Entering
>>
>>52157829
brain bugs have got to be in the top ten most grotesque monsterfied vaginas I've ever seen.
>>
Anyone know where I can find some wanted poster-esque resources? I want to make some tongue and cheek crusade recruitment forms and actually hand a hard copy to my players. A sort of uncle sam meets the templars thing.
>>
File: joel.jpg (20KB, 440x293px) Image search: [Google]
joel.jpg
20KB, 440x293px
>>52157823
well, yeah. but a dwarf bard with an angry mustache, an oversized warhammer, and a bag full of melons sounds like a pretty solid character concept

just partner him with >>52157776 sarcastic Seinfeld elf bard and a bard/artificer who specializes in prop comedy via wisecracking automatons and you've got a trio of unfunny comic bards
>>
File: It's not happening.jpg (63KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
It's not happening.jpg
63KB, 611x404px
>>
>email about DDI account migration
I guess D&D Beyond will use DDI accounts? check your email 4e folks
>>
>>52157909
Hey, Jeff Dunham is hilarious.
>>
>>52157931
>obligatory this is 5e D&D REEEEE post
>>
Thoughts on this guy's review of 5e?
http://m.mythcreants.com/blog/5th-edition-dungeons-and-dragons-hasnt-learned-from-its-mistakes/
>>
>>52157964
It's shit.
>>
>>52157964
>Paladin is only high because it has a spell list
certified grade a moron
>>
>>52157964
>includes corrections that should never have been made if he had actually read the book
It's shit.
>>
>>52157964
complains about a lot of things that have been fixed and are easily fixed, I can't bother to read any further. I'm upset that you're giving him views for his blatant attention seeking article.
>>
File: 274660091137884160.png (30KB, 123x128px) Image search: [Google]
274660091137884160.png
30KB, 123x128px
>>52157964
>Building Encounters Is Really Hard

what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>52157964
>2 fucking years old
man you really got a finger on the pulse of D&D huh
>>
>>52156592
Well in SKT my group convinced the goblin who wanted to overthrow Hark that he'd be better served coming with them instead. So now they have a goblin companion.
>>
File: 1443053323363.gif (677KB, 380x212px) Image search: [Google]
1443053323363.gif
677KB, 380x212px
>>52156852
If they had fun and the players now love DnD it's wasn't a mess. (or maybe it was but messes can be fun as wel)
>>
>>52157437
Not ending as
>The players eventually lose a fight (Because that happens sometimes??) and the carbuncles pitch together to do something to turn the tides of the fight, healing the party and blinding the enemies.. Or something. Whatever carbuncles do. Then they leave with thanks.
>>
File: 1481135491932.jpg (129KB, 954x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481135491932.jpg
129KB, 954x720px
Arcana soon, we just have to wait.
>>
File: SOOmuMF.gif (542KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
SOOmuMF.gif
542KB, 500x270px
>>52157399
you crossed the line Anon.
>>
>>52158257
*steals from you and giggles as you adore me*
>>
>>52157213

How's your DM skills? If you're very adept and shit, SKT is your playground. It's beautifully design for a DM who wants to create shit. Modular as fuck for your own creations. If that's too big, Curse of Strahd is pretty great to hop on.

If you're new, pick up Lost Mines.

And DMing off a laptop is viable since you can pretty much do everything on it. Music, sounds, internet with resources like random generators, using Excel to keep tabs on HP, AC, initiative, etc.

My current combo are hard copies of the core rulebooks (I find it faster to just flip a page than refer to a PDF and its generally feels nice to have the books around for everyone to read) and a tablet running GM tools (Lion's Den GM app for 5e specifically) that serve as my combat tracker (HP, AC, initiative etc.) and lastly my phone serving as my music and sound effects. For maps, battlemat, handouts etc. I use classic paper for those with minis. Then there's my DM screen.
>>
>>52158331
Reminder that Kender only a) borrow and b) do not actually keep tabs on the shit they borrow. There is very little that a kender has that they consider themselves to actually own, they'll give you just about anything short of the clothes on their back and their weapon if you ask.
>>
>>52158364
The issue with 'borrowing' is that they forget they borrowed it and don't give it back.
>>
>>52158364
There's very few players that I would trust to play Kender. One of them is playing a child right now, so it's halfway there, but he cut his teeth on D&D with Dragonlance in the old old days.
>>
>>52158364
Do they borrow stuff as in just pick it up and start walking off with it or do they actually try to hide that they took it.

I guess I wouldn't mind a short stack handling my sword as long as I know they have it.
>>
>>52158456
they'll handle your coinpurse too if you're cute
>>
>>52158456
>Do they borrow stuff as in just pick it up and start walking off with it
This. Kender are like children, they simply forget that they're looking at something when the next shiny thing pops up and they like getting hands on. A kender will give the shirt off his back for you to make up the fact that he'll accidentally walk off with your stuff.
>>
File: merkabas.jpg (84KB, 530x604px) Image search: [Google]
merkabas.jpg
84KB, 530x604px
Post your state of transcendent enlightenment when you realize all of the delays surrounding Mystic have been low-key training to help you disassociate yourself from a need for worldly things while concentrating the thoughtforms of attached players on the Mystic and building a cosmic consciousness grid from which the seers at WotC could draw the ideal mechanics.
>>
>>52158502
Those kender gals can borrow my dick if they need one.
>>
My newbie players finished Lost Mines and they want to continue their adventures with their characters and they're up for another published module. I'm currently running SKT for another group so that module is out of the question (though it tempts me to run both groups with it and plan a mega-session with both groups in a climatic part of the adventure.)

I've been thinking of Curse of Strahd cause it looks like something my newbies will enjoy but at the same time, there's the appeal of Out of the Abyss cause I really dig the theme of it. My players only knew of DnD before playing from Stranger Things with the Demogorgon so I think they'll get a kick out taking it on.
>>
>>52158456
They don't so much hide it as take it and forget and only remember when asked.

>>52158426
It's the biggest problem. Most people who would play a kender would just do it to play a dick-ass thief, short stack loli edition

For what it's worth I played a kender once, I think I specifically borrowed from a party member once and it was specifically shortly after we'd been caught and were about to be stripped of our gear, as I said it "I assumed you'd either want it back or let me have it since you'd have lost it either way").

I ended up rerolling an afflicted kender down the line in that game (basically kenders with ptsd from the war of the lance).
>>
File: VIDEO GAMES.jpg (847KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
VIDEO GAMES.jpg
847KB, 1280x867px
>>52158507
>>
On that note this is possibly one of the things I appreciate about 5e trying to deemphasize magic items; I can lose the vast majority of my gear and still recover it or steal from the nearest douchebag.

The only things that are going to sting are spellbooks, trinkets and special shit like fancier mounts, spell components and truly expensive stuff like high tier medium and heavy armor, silvered weaponry, mithril and expensive hard to replace things like poisons (and obviously the rare magic items).
>>
Kender are ruined by the Tas characterization as well as 99% of the kender PCs being played as CN lolrandumb dickass thieves. And that's before you factor in the loli/shota bullshit some people do.

It's not worth risking what might be a viable game in order to allow kender. Yes every once in a while it might be a good experience but the chances are very much against you.
>>
File: BIGGIE CHEESus.png (59KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
BIGGIE CHEESus.png
59KB, 239x250px
>>52158507
>>
Assuming this UA is really long, and not just Copy+Pasted from the DMG to begin with, do you suppose this delay lends more evidence to the "UA is just written the same day before work" idea?
>>
Why do we need yet another caster class the Mystic when several of the core ones are total garbage?

Do we really need a fuckton of classes like late 3.x where just about every half-assed concept got a full 1-20 level treatment?
>>
>>52158540
Why would that put SKT out of the question? I'm currently running it for two different groups and they've so far taken completely different paths, I might as well be running two separate campaigns at this point.
>>
>>52158711
I wouldn't be surprised if it was really put together the day before. There's some playtest notes from all the way back to 2e running around, and some of them are very much beer and pretzels games with new stuff.
>>
>>52158728
Yes, Mystic covers psionics, which are a D&D standby.

No, we don't need that many, and we don't and never will.
>>
>>52158728
Some DMs like having the option of removing some of the caster classes for how they want their system to work.
>>
>>52158728
I agree with your general position on not wanting a lot more classes, but I think Psionics definitely warrants at least one representation.
>>
>>52158745

I don't mind Psionics but it probably shouldn't be handled as an UA. Wild Talents would perhaps be appropriate for a UA but in general UAs are just going to cover scenarios that are "you cast spells from the PHB with your mind instead of a spellbook"
>>
Don't mind the delay, anons. I foresee we'll get our Mystic today.
>>
>>52158728
I think WoTC is aiming for more Archetypes, cause they are easy to balance but can be drastic changes in flavor.

It's been a few years and the only class that got a 1-20 class is the artificer, and it wasn't published. I think and hope it's going to be just dozens of Archetypes all working with the core classes.
>>
>>52158788
You think that it shouldn't be playtested...?
>>
>>52158728
If it has significantly different flavor and mechanics, it has a right to exist. That doesn't mean we need it, mind you, just that there's nothing wrong with it.

3.5 suffered from a number of casters that were mechanically almost identical and flavorfully extremely similar. But, even if 3.5, I would rather run a game with dread necromancer, beguiler, and warmage and no wizards.
>>
File: 1435159630915.jpg (8KB, 255x139px) Image search: [Google]
1435159630915.jpg
8KB, 255x139px
>>52158728
Yes.

More classes is just better. It allows players to try out many different concepts, and lets the DMs do things they couldn't do before without homebrew.

We need more classes. More Warlords, more Binders, more Gunslingers, more Magus, more Psions, more Ninjas, more Cavaliers, more Witches, more classes to play different ways!

For God's sake, we don't even have a class that focuses on debuffing the enemy! How can that not exist?
>>
>>52158796

Archetypes make sense in a UA, a completely new spellcasting class with a new casting mechanic is a massive addition and probably one that will be really really poorly balanced.
>>
>>52158788
It's not so much "being handled as a UA" as it's a long running playtest.

If 5E Darksun is to come out I definitely expect them to have Mystic ready, along with, possibly, a spell-less Bard (even if it's just a rogue archetype with inspiration dice, song of rest and countersong as kit mechanics).
>>
>>52158792
imagine if they lost their copy and are trying to think of an excuse that doesn't equate to "my dog ate it but here's a drawing of a dire giraffe"
>>
>>52158792
it'll be downtime activities
>>
>>52158738

I've run SKT last year for my siblings and now doing so for this one group. I have to admit, the fatigue is setting in. I mean, I can always fire up new ideas and it can be exciting to see how things go differently but I guess I just want to see something new now.
>>
>>52158831
You... do understand what UAs are for, right? Right?
>>
>>52158835
Unearthed Arcana: Dire Everything!
>A guide for how to take normal beasts in the monster manual and give them a more dangerous relative.

Comes with Dire Bear and Dire Giraffe
>>
>>52158829

>Obvious Pathfinder Threeaboo

REEEEEE!

Seriously though the PF community will eat up any shitty archetype Paizo throws at them why do we want to make 5e try to resemble 3.x/PF?
>>
>>52158875
not that anon, but instead of making a shit ton of more classes, why not just keep adding archetypes within the classes like Wizards has (mostly) been doing?

I actually like the UA archetype additions, for the most part.
>>
>>52158899
We don't need a ton of new classes, but a few that cover more concepts is nice. Of note: artificer works best as its own class and opens up many more character concepts, and psionics is best as its own with subclasses for other classes covering more concepts. Binder is another one that is best covered by its own class.
>>
>>52158568
I'm gonna have to ask for sauce, son.
>>
>>52156592

I'm gathering quite the possy

>Bard
>Animated Armor
>Familiar
>Paladin Mount
>Awakened Shrub
>Unseen Sevant
>Shield Guardian

I'm looking to get a flesh golem next
>>
>>52158869
I actually really wouldn't mind some templates to quickly and uniformly modify monsters.
>>
>>52158505
>Kender are like children
>proceeds to describe something which resembles some sort of mental illness rather than actual childlike behavior
>>
>>52159044
Children borrow shit and ask for permission after all the time.
>>
>>52159093
maybe if they're raised by incompetents in to little savages they do
>>
>>52158949
One of the kancolle victim "girl" doujins
>>
>>52157964
Firstly, I feel 5e has plenty of awareness of issues from the past and works to fix that (Stuff like trap options). So the title just feels wrong.

Then it immediately opens into... Broken multiclassing. 'You can take one level of cleric to use level 9 cleric spells!'
Which is firstly wrong (Even if it might be worded poorly), and secondly it's a honest problem that can be simply solved by your DM saying 'No, stop taking bullshit multiclass combinations. You get one stage of proficiency for each cleric level.'
They seem to be completely forgetting that multiclassing spellcasting rules override standard rules.
>The paladin is only high in the ranking because it can cast spells
What?

The paladin has the best burst damage, some of the best sustained damage, great support (Better saves), healing without spells, pretty good AC...
It's not there because it can cast spells. Spells are just icing on the cake.

>Ranger is at the absolute bottom
But it's a half-caster like paladin, so what's your point????

>Players recharge their abilities too often
This is actually a good point. This is something that's not easy to fix in the system, and it is a balance problem I feel.

>Almost all classes have an archetype option that's clearly the best
Not far from it, but an exaggeration for sure.

>DMs don't know how many magical items to give
As much as they want, obviously, duh.

>Money is the main reason for adventuring
>There's nothing to spend money on
Ha
>>
>>52157964
(Continued)

>It's easy to fail character creation
Much harder than pathfinder.

>Physics issues persist
You can usually easily resolve these, especially since the aim is more towards ambiguity in spells and such that allows a DM to step in to resolve the issue.
>Invisible enemies are only harder to hit?!
You can still hear them, swing a stick around and wait until it lands on them, or possibly see a distortion or notice a small bit of material/dust that doesn't get turned invisible. Et cetera.
Either way, they get a strong defence and offense buff, but they don't automatically succeed at everything.

>Building encounters is really hard
... Is it? I've never had any troubles. And I never even bothered using guidelines.
Just realize you can't put a single creature against a group without it getting gangbanged.
The guy has some valid points, and a bunch of invalid points, pretty much.
>>
>>52159235

>Complaining about short recharge times

Meh, it's not like the 20 minute adventuring day was a good solution in 3.x

Yes it's gamist to allow moderately fast recharge times but it allows for better narratives than Nova-Rest-Nova-Rest
>>
>>52159154
The difference is that, assuming you even have kids, they probably don't even bother to ask you because they're afraid of your dumb ass.

Of course assuming you have children is a massive, and dubious, assumption.
>>
>>52158988
Honestly as a DM I would love this, but only if the player promised me they'd only use one during combat at a time just for the sake of time.

I'd love to DM for a pokemon master.
>>
If it does come out today at all, is this the latest UA release so far?
>>
>>52159235
>>Money is the main reason for adventuring
>>There's nothing to spend money on
To be fair I'm a bit disappointed at backgrounds filling lifestyle expenses as well as they do. Like 3/4 of the background come with freebie comfortable lifestyles. This trivializes money a lot.
>>
File: heard you talkin shit.jpg (174KB, 1392x1050px) Image search: [Google]
heard you talkin shit.jpg
174KB, 1392x1050px
Let's talk bosses.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12524306
>>
>>52159297
You have to actively find ways to stop your players from recharging their abilities.

Disrupt their rests. Tell them they can't find anywhere to sleep until they're done. Throw limited-time missions at them.
It gets old, fast.

Or just trust them to 'play suboptimally by not recharging all their abilities'. Which feels stupid in a game where their lives may be on the line.

Alchemist is great. It DOES have some limited use abilities, but you don't require them to function. To be fair, most classes are like that, but a wizard for example has much, much more burst when they have their spell slots around, and they don't get a lot of them until later levels.

I guess it's better than turning literally everyone into a rogue/artificer/fighter though, that some of them have resources to manage. But I still feel a lot of games try to go for 'story focus' which means they don't have time for 8 encounters crammed into every single day.

>>52159360
You still need retirement money, and you probably want to live a better lifestyle. It costs a LOT to live for 60 years in some of the wealthiest environments.
You can buy estates and property and gain influence with money.
>>
File: 1394861948910.gif (992KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1394861948910.gif
992KB, 480x270px
>>52159365
Bosses are for fucking video games.
>>
>>52159336
I taught my children manners and empathy at an early age, it is not terribly complicated. They've never had reason to fear me and any time they needed to be punished they accepted it with dignity and understood that they were being idiots. They've also grown in to fine adults that don't need suck the blood out of my finances.
>>
>>52159393
You're the fag who complains about 'bbeg', aren't you?
>>
>>52159420
what's wrong with big booty ero girls???
>>
>>52159365
Way too dependent contextually. I think that given a hypothetical perfect DM and an entire campaign of 1-epic buildup, the most satisfying finale would be a multi-stage ascendant deity, giving the chance to face them as a buffed up humanoid along with more dramatic things.

Without that incredibly implausible buildup, I'd say 'several entities, each a match for the party'. Love rival matchups, as long as the DM tailors them to make the fight fair.
>>
>>52159365
No
>It's pretty much a regular guy, but his power is his ability to command his mooks
option?

My favourite is characters who are clearly at about the same level of ability as the characters, but command a much greater power.

It gives the player characters many more options in dealing with them, but you have to play them very carefully and probably have the back-up of other things (The players will get in trouble with the law, for example, if they just murder them)

So, more like rivals than anything.
>>
>>52158988
What allows you to get a Shield Guardian, Animated Armor, and Awakened Shrub?
>>
ETA to disappointment?
>>
>>52159539
Too long to wait, too long to care
>>
>>52159539
I assume that it can't be too far off, assuming that they release it consistently within work hours.
>>
>>52159539
Disappointment was hours ago when I stayed up to read the fresh new UA before sleeping.

I've decided to finally sleep. It's the fastest way for you all to get the UA. Mourn not for me. I dream of a more joyful world.
>>
>>52156820
I bet if you can cut out some of their mouths they'd be useful to make into something magical. or their teeth, at least. maybe their voice box?
>>
>>52156645
>arcana getting released
>ever
Mearls is blueballing you pal, it's Beyond posts all the way until Christmas now.
>>
Just woke up, UA got delayed? Bet the fuckers say it'll be out next week,
>>
>>52157165
so, garden dwarves?
>>
>>52159342

I mostly keep them out of combat unless it's a "special feature" battle or a party member is missing, and we need a tank or a speedster

The most regular thing I'll have is an unseen servant out to be a pot jockey

You want to see an action economy drain tho, just look at the fucking druid. DM allows to choose the creature being conjured, so he easily takes 15 minutes in a turn looking at his spell lists choosing what to do and rolling individually for them
>>
>>52159490

A 9th level bard running Curse of Strahd
>>
File: 1418796354761.jpg (11KB, 328x212px) Image search: [Google]
1418796354761.jpg
11KB, 328x212px
>It's fucking Wensday night
>Still no UA release

What the everloving fuck, WotC.
>>
So who's ready for Unearthed Arcana: Terrain?
>>
>>52159691

Awaken is a Bard spell, Van Richten's Tower has an armor, Amber Temple a shield guardian
>>
>>52156654
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12519777
You're going to combine and post the results of all these things polls, right?
>>
>>52159695
>Wednesday

????
>>
>>52159728
it's the same poll.
>>
>>52159695
>they said we'd have something Monday
>it's almost Thursday and not a peep
These fucking fuckers CAN'T
KEEP
GETTING
AWAY
WITH IT
>>
>>52159761
it's fine, they've said it'll be later today on their twitter. in fact they said it three hours ago, so it'll likely be soon.
>>
>>52159365
>combined arms-countered boss is winning
good taste /5eg/
>>
>2017
>still believing Jewford will release Mystic

even better

>1483DR
>not homebrewing your own spelljammer conversion to 5e because you know Cucks of the Coast will never release it
>>
>>52159589
Sleep tight, sweet prince.
>>
What happens if I hire someone to Awaken my animal companion as a Beastmaster?
>>
>>52159855
It'd grow a sentient tumour, I suppose.
>>
>>52159855
>>52159891
never mind, I read the spell again. It'd gain 10 intelligence permanently, and it gains the ability to speak a language the caster knows.
>>
>>52159761
Friday morning here, where the fuck is this UA, seriously
>>
>>52158831
the psi points aren't a new mechanic, they're based on the spell point rules in the DMG
>>
I am going to sleep now and if theres no ua by the time I wake up im gonna blow up the moon so those fuckers better get to it.
>>
>>52159811
>finally someone recognizes that it's all Crawford's fault
>>
>>52159761
It have been almost 100 years since the fire nation attacked.....
>>
File: angrykeanu.jpg (46KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
angrykeanu.jpg
46KB, 529x352px
Post YFW WOTC released yet another uninteresting uninspired and useless UA that nobody asked for
>>
File: is that chicken i smell.jpg (23KB, 542x424px) Image search: [Google]
is that chicken i smell.jpg
23KB, 542x424px
>>52159968
Looking forward to Unearthed Arcana: Fishing, anon?
>>
File: 1451415204321.gif (1MB, 320x194px) Image search: [Google]
1451415204321.gif
1MB, 320x194px
>>52159968
>>
>>52159761

>the carbon dating says we're in the post - mesoanic period
>not a single UA on sight

God damn
>>
File: Fucking hell.png (263KB, 973x256px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking hell.png
263KB, 973x256px
FUCK
>>
File: 1387677481843.jpg (388KB, 1404x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1387677481843.jpg
388KB, 1404x1099px
>>52159855
An aztec god of fitness occurs.
>>
>>52160026
UA: Crafting would be nice.
>>
>>52160045
This fucking real?
>>
File: cthulhu goes to washington.jpg (756KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu goes to washington.jpg
756KB, 2048x1382px
>>52159761
>87,910 days since Mystic was teased at the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776
>still no release
>>
>>52160055
How about you look it up.
>>
>>52160045
stop this, anyone with two brain cells to scissor together can debunk you.
>>
Is there a place that has animals/creatures sorted by area they live in? Like desert creatures, arctic creatures, forest creatures, coastal creatures etc
>>
>>52160055
it is not. it's another edit designed to grab (You)'s from lazy anons who just want an excuse to bitch at wizards. And the worst part is it'll work.
>>
>>52160076
Vollo's Guide to monsters, in the appendix
>>
>>52160055
Nah mate, thinkin they would release a UA when everyone wants one? They're gonna wait till next week to release crafting rules. This is week of warlock pact names.
>>
File: 1489295469904.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489295469904.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>52160045
>>
>>52158829

Bards
>>
>>52158829
Well we at least need to make matt mercer's gunslinger subclass for fighter canon, that shit is fun as fuck.
>>
>>52160144
desperado barbarian is better and doesn't bring firearms into muh fantasy.
>>
>>52160158
but primitive firearms in fantasy is pretty much expected. flintlock and blunderbuss at least.
>>
>>52160158
>Have full plate
>Have Pikes
NO GUNS! GUNS ARE MAGICAL CHIVALRY KILLERS! HAVEN'T YOU SEEN PRINCESS MONONOKE?
>>
>>52160158
Is... is there actually a desperado barbarian?
>>
>>52160144
I'm a little sad that, despite what they initially said, they've shown no signs of promoting or even working with any of the DMsG material.
>>
>>52160173
>not featuring laser guns in your medieval fantasy setting like a true 60s/70s/80s adventure
>>
>>52160178
>>52160173
>>52160176
delicious
>>
>>52160203
sure, that's grand, but gunslinger has weapon profiles, as opposed to just leaving scrub DM's to flounder.
>>
>>52160045
>crafting revised
>prestige classes
at least try
>>
>>52160049
It actually would. I couldn't give a fuck about Mystics tbqhwy
>>
File: 1488596720438.jpg (56KB, 630x498px) Image search: [Google]
1488596720438.jpg
56KB, 630x498px
How do I build a necromancer? I just want to keep the warmth of the living away from me. Like irl.
>>
>>52160203
>Yosemite sam barbarian
>>
>tfw been up 26 hours now becase i've been sick
>told myself i'd take medicine and knock myself out when the UA comes

does wizards hate the ill?
>>
>>52160237
>but gunslinger creates additional weapons for the DM to track instead of using the ranged weaponry already commonplace and available
FTFY
>>
>>52160286
Don't you see the ork there? He's an expert marksman. But he only counts the shots that hit, and not the 500 dakka that didn't.
>>
>>52160112

Well, bards is just about the answer for anything that starts with "there isn't a class for X"
>>
>>52160202

I do feature Laser guns

I call them Scorching Ray
>>
>>52160203
Time to convince my DM to let me play this so I can be the fastest Dart thrower in the west.
>>
>>52160286
>THE ROUGHEST TOUGHEST BLOOD-THIRSTIEST SHOOT-FIRSTIEST DOG GONE WORSTIEST BARBARIAN 'AS EVER RAN WITH YOU SORRY SON'S A BITCHES
I'd play it
>>
File: sumerians.gif (246KB, 690x300px) Image search: [Google]
sumerians.gif
246KB, 690x300px
>>52159761
>19,000 years since Enki warned King Ziusudra to create rules for the Mystic to survive the flooding of the world by the rest of the Sumerian pantheon
>fucking nothing so far
>>
File: Jobclown.png (712B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Jobclown.png
712B, 64x64px
>>52157716
Full strength Bugbear satire bard

Grapple enemies and tumble up trees/buildings/cliffs into the darkness as his friends can do nothing but listen in horror as the screams die away and only satire remains
>>
>>52160358
>>52160357
>>52160302
>>52160286
inspiration for your characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2yDVYj7czQ
>>
>>52160203
That changes everything about the class so drastically it should probably just be written up as a new class. Not to mention the balance issues with letting a Barbarian get pretty much all of their strength-based features while still having the AC of a dexbarian or giving a ranged fighting class a D12 hit die.
>>
>>52160173
>tfw you roll with primitive firearms
>firearm master's ability to extra attack is just fluffed as the ability to load up multiple balls and being that good, based on stories of Champlain doing this when he was asked by cree allies to fuck up some mohawks
>>
>>52159365
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSCSf3RFVdw
Noice.
>>
>>52160426
WE BEAVER WARS NOW?
>>
>>52157494

Maybe take her out on a night on the town? Get her some nice prezzies?
>>
>>52160203
so if this is literally just a barbarian that uses any ranged weapon, could I play a character that is both david AND goliath?
>>
IT'S FUCKING 3:34 ON THE WEST COAST RIGHT NOW
THAT'S ALMOST CLOSE OF BUSINESS AT THE WIZARDS OFFICES

WHEEEEEERE
THE FUUUCK
IS ITTTTTTT
>>
>>52160410
>desperado switches all mentions of strength to dex
I can fix your issue by switching the trait in unarmored barbarian from dex to strength and imposing a max range penalty.

All in a days work.
>>
>>52160542
it's 6:38 I've been waiting 3 hours longer than you please stop being a baby.
>>
>>52160542
Don't you know?
They are gonna post UA right before leaving then shut down every mode of communication
The rage will reach the heavens
>>
File: Strike the Blood.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Strike the Blood.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
> It's "/5eg/ gets cucked" episode
>>
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf
>>
>>52160608
Tuesday here
No UA in sight
>>
Unearthed Arcana is out

It's Crafting.

Your short rundown

> how to reconcile crafting time with short rests and long rests,
>Which specific items are plausibly craftable regardless of rarity
>Valuing INT as a crafting skill

No new UA next week
>>
File: awakenedstate.jpg (67KB, 741x450px) Image search: [Google]
awakenedstate.jpg
67KB, 741x450px
>>52160611
>http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf

T R A N S C E N D E N C E
>>
>>52160589
it's 9:40 I've been waiting 3 hours longer than you please stop being a baby.
>>
File: Cs153UNW8AADBVp.jpg (72KB, 790x602px) Image search: [Google]
Cs153UNW8AADBVp.jpg
72KB, 790x602px
>>52160611
>>
File: UA - Mystic 3.pdf (401KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA - Mystic 3.pdf
401KB, 1x1px
>>52160645
OPEN YOUR MINDS TO INFINITE POSSIBILITIES
>>
File: Black market.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Black market.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52160611
>>
>>52160610
>that webm
well, do they fug or not?
>>
>>52160664
>28 pages
>All of those archetypes
Good enough
>>
>>52160611
WHHAT EVEN
>>
>>52160682
she just wanted to take a nap anon, you can't walk with freshly done nails.
>>
>>52160645
>>52160664

28 pages long. we forgive you for being late.
>>
I can see why they were hesitant to release this.
>>
Welp I inadvertently and indirectly got half my party, and myself, killed by trying to use a winter blanket as a sled. So we all decided to roll new characters and make a new team.

I decided to make a hill dwarf life cleric and was wondering if it would be wise to delay increasing my wisdom until level 16 so I can grab resilient con, warcaster and magical secrets first. I figure starting with an 18 in wisdom should be good enough until then.

Stats are 18 wis 17 con 14 Dex and str with 12 int and 10 cha.

I'm grabbing magical secrets so I can get booming blade to combine with my divine strike damage.
>>
>>52160664
>they got rid of the Far Realm flavour
>>
File: Mileena fatality.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Mileena fatality.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>52160610
>It's a "It's "/5eg/ gets cucked" episode" episode
>>
THEY ACTUALLY DID IT
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
File: tfw to intelligent.jpg (865KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to intelligent.jpg
865KB, 3840x2160px
>>52160728
WRONG TIME, YOU MOTHERFUCKER, MYSTIC HYPE TRAIN HAS FINALLY REACHED IT'S DESTINATION
>>
>>52160611
>28 fucking pages
well then
>>
File: transcendent.jpg (594KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
transcendent.jpg
594KB, 1000x789px
>>52160664
>>52160611
it's time
>>
>>52160750
Seriously nobody fucking cares, it's just Psionics, nothing fucking special.
>>
>>52160774
Fuck off, nigger
>>
>>52160733
Lame.
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>52160774
>>
>that capstone
>the mystic has a 55% chance of not dying when it dies

whelp thank fuck no actual games reach level 20
>>
>>52160785
Nobody cares about your shit at all, its just another boring magic user, oh i'm sorry they flavored it as "the power of the mind", it must be so much different than a wizard.
>>
>>52160767
It's time to make a new character. Goblin with a napoleon complex that uses the giant growth discipline whenever possible, i'm thinking.
>>
>>52160818
you're just salty all your "it's not gonna be mystic this UA guys" memes are worthless now
>>
File: transcendentpendant.png (5MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
transcendentpendant.png
5MB, 2000x2000px
>all Mystics have 120' telepathy for freezies
>Mystic Recovery is now healing = PP spent regardless of discipline, but requires a bonus action
>that +1d8 damage on every melee hit that Clerics get at 8, improving at 14; +Int as damage to psi talents
>MANIFEST WITH HITPOINTS
>M U L T I C O N C E N T R A T I O N
>>
File: meditation.jpg (65KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
65KB, 852x480px
>>52160815
>acquire a large bomb
>befriend a Diviner Wizard
>kill yourself
>Diviner Portents you into succeeding your discorporeation roll
>1d3 days you reappear in the BBEG's stronghold
>drop off bomb, set timer, and psi-flight away
>>
>>52160611
Why would anyone pick leather armor over studded leather armor? And why make the best light armor available at level 1?
Seriously, these are the things that baffle me about some of these UAs... These odd "start with one of the best armor types" things they stuck to Artificer and Mystic.
>>
>>52160847
No I didn't make those, I'd just prefer people answer questions, instead of shitpost with their hands on their dicks about Mind Magic.
>>
File: Bogdanoffs.jpg (124KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
Bogdanoffs.jpg
124KB, 500x548px
With this UA released, I can finally play my newest character concept.
>>
>>52160871
>>drop off bomb, set timer, and mckillyourself away
>>
Looking over it...

I hate to say it, but it actually seems pretty good.

The archetypes don't seem to do a lot and I'm struggling to see the synergy with abilities that, say, increase your damage unless you can concentrate on several disciplines at once for more attacks, but otherwise...

Also their late level progression doesn't seem awfully great.

Talents are just better cantrips, but some of them don't seem awfully useful like the bonus action light one when you could just have someone else make light. But it is a bonus action, I guess.
>>
Mystical Recovery
Starting at 2nd level, you can draw vigor from
the psi energy you use to power your psionic
disciplines.
Immediately after you spend psi points on a
psionic discipline, you can take a bonus action to
regain hit points equal to the number of psi
points you spent.
>>
>>52160882
Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty game or your problems.
>>
>>52160894
>increase your damage unless you can concentrate on several disciplines at once for more attacks
Psionic Mastery at level 11 gives you a pool of special PP that can be used to Concentrate on multiple powers at once.
>>
>order of the knife asshole was supplanted by official stuff
fuck this ua
>>
>Mystic quirks
>>
>>52160882
then wait two threads and ask again, i'm sure it's not urgent.
>>
>>52160914
I'm not the one who asked that question, so take your hand off your dick, and walk away from the computer.
>>
hey, this Order of the Nomad stuff would mesh pretty well with my Vistani character.
>>
>Immortals lost armor and shield proficiency but got a shittier Unarmored Defense
okay i guess
dunno why everyone at wotc hates shields but it was kinda silly that this psycho class was all about wearing full plate
>>
>>52160322
It's not a bad argument because Bards can fill a lot of roles pretty well, and they aren't exclusively made for debuffing.

But it shouldn't take away that they get a lot of features and spells that are specifically made for debuffing. Throw in the lucky feat for extra shenanigans.
>>
>You can make a mage hand with a talent, or try to grasp an enemy with a mystic hand, but not both without using two talents, and you can't make a better mage hand despite being able to move enemies about

>Can move a large creature 10ft, but not a 12 pound object
>>
>>52160664
Sp the Avatar order is supposed to be the Ardent right?
>>
>Effortless Journey
>Starting at 14th level, your mind can mystically move your body
SELF-SHOVE DOUBLEJUMPING IS CANON, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>52160888
sadly, it still seems underpowered in comparison to the raw psychic might of the bogs
>>
Is a level of fighter on a valor bard worth it for the fighting style?
>>
>>52161023
Pretty much.
>>
>>52161025
That was an amazing autistic outburst. Note that this isn't an attack roll and that it's literally mental levitation.
>>
Soul Knives are nuts.
>>
>>52160949
i'd imagine having a mind so powerful it bends reality and a mind that can't handle reality anyway would produce a fairly similar mindset.
>>
>people celebrating 28 pages of mystic when usually 10+ pages new homebrew classes are shit on for being too long
...?
>>
File: multiclass whenever possible.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
multiclass whenever possible.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
>>52161054
even if it's not mixmax approved, it's worth it for the fluff my man.
>>
>>52161054
If you take a level of fighter, at least dip for two levels for action surge.
>>
>>52161069
This UA has opened everyone else's mind, but still you remain unenlightened. How pitiable.
>>
>>52161090
yeah but we don't want to read homebrews. we want to read UA's. and a UA for a new class? We'll be theorycrafting for weeks. Months. However with a homebrew, there are millions less people that give a shit, so good luck discussing it with them, or even getting someone to care.
>>
>>52161090
The class and FIVE archetypes are only 8 pages. Most of the rest is the power list.

It'd be like introducing Wizards but not telling anyone what spells they can cast or what those do.
>>
>>52161090
>People celebrating the end of a half-year-long cucking.
>>
>>52161103
I guess that also works.
>>
Did it occur to anyone else that when mearls said mystic next year he might have meant in the Roman style? in that March is the first month of the year?
>>
>>52161054

The bard has two levels to throw away anyway, why not go fighter, get that plate armor proficency, fighting style, and action surge for double spells?
>>
File: sohei.png (1011KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
sohei.png
1011KB, 800x546px
Reminder:
Sohei (Psionic archetype for Fighter) is still coming
And who knows what other classes will get psi-based archetypes
PSYCHIC
BARBARIAN
>>
>20th-level mystics have a 50% chance of disappearing for several days upon death
I know nobody ever gets to 20th level anyway but imagine how inconvenient this would be in a climactic final battle
>>
>>52161182
>tfw he releases at the ides of March
Et tu, Michaele
>>
>>52161025
You trying hard to keep this meme dream alive aren't ya senpai
>>
>>52161188
>barbarian with psychic powers
>gets so angry he has a stroke
>permanently crippled, will never rage again. or think. or move.
what a wasted life
>>
>>52157494
Find out why she Fell.
Find out what she likes, other than family.
Make her choose between evil and you.
>>
>>52161186
I care less about plate than I do about style, but style + surge sounds like a good tradeoff; I might wait until I've got my extra attack before jumping into fighter levels.
>>
>WE WUZ MYSTICS N SHIT
>>
>>52161203
Isn't Michael in Latin just Michael?
>>
>>52161129
As people point out for every new article that isn't mystic, UA is "just shitty homebrew"

>>52161131
People were bitching for days about that one faggot's edgy shadow spellcasting class for this exact reason actually
>>
>>52161201
>the BBEG defeats the party, but not before the Mystic winks out of existence
>recorporealizes in a town on the ass-end of the continent
>recognizes that all of his abilities availed him naught; defeated once, he will be defeated again
>recruits the next party and trains them to succeed where his pals had failed
>group now plays the second group of heroes to challenge the BBEG and his dark future
sounds breddy gud to me idk
>>
>>52161268
New thread.
>>
>>52161203
But the ides is the 15th for March
>>
>>52161248
Yeah yeah (also it's still Michael in the vocative, but nobody gives a fuck unless they've done latin)
>>
All these disciplines and shit make for actually pretty good charges based magic items
>>
>>52161293
No it's the last week of the month.
>>
>>52161316
I haven't, but I know Michael is a Hebrew name and the form usually used in English is the Latin one, but I was just nitpicking.
>>
>>52161341
nah
>>
>>52161341
What, no, ides is the 13th except in long months where it's the 15th.

Kalends is the first day but people date every day after the ideas as "X days before the kalends of next month" unless they're being informal
>>
>>52160815
in all likelihood that's going to be far more annoying than actual death, short of a TPK
>>
>>52160283
you make a necro

there is no step 2
>>
>>52161407
I must have been thinking of something else but you're technically incorrect it's usually the 15th in March, anyway.
>>
I don't mind gunz in D&D, but i find it retarded that they are so short range. What the hell?
>>
>>52161188
I imagine Psionic archetype for Rogue as either a Psychic Rogue, a Lurk, or a Ninja.
>>
>>52161509
Yeah, I just refluff crossbows (or do crossbows, twice the price, one hd higher), because it's stupid af.

2E is the only edition of D&D that managed to make early modern guns fun.
>>
>>52161023
Seems that way.

I find it odd that the Avatar has a class skill that boost their healing but I don't see a Discipline that heals, only temporary HP.
>>
File: tieflingsheepish.jpg (160KB, 900x774px) Image search: [Google]
tieflingsheepish.jpg
160KB, 900x774px
>>52161227

I like it. I'll need to gather more information, then. She has a strong attachment to the hellish hierarchy, so I'll have to see about eroding that trust. Her superiors are sexually abusive and incompetent, so that could work. (THAT was a fun session) The biggest hurdle will be convincing her to break ties. Who knows how long she's been down there...
>>
>>52161005

I think being able to Mage Hand should just come with the archtype. It should be something you can do all the time.
>>
File: 1356574648016.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1356574648016.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>MYSTIC

FUCK YES

>NO SOHEI

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I NEED THAT THIS WEEKEND
>>
>>52160774
>>52160818
>>52160882

>STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEW 5TH EDITION DND CLASS IN THIS 5TH EDITION DND THREAD! PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOUT MY SHITTY GAME!
>>
>>52162136
I DIDN'T ASK THE QUESTION MORON! and they weren't discussing the class, they were masturbating to it, there is a difference.
>>
>>52162173
STOP BEING EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW 5TH EDITION DND CLASS IN THIS 5TH EDITION DND THREAD!

you're still a blithering autist, get out of the thread you faggot
>>
>>52162187
I didn't take issue with the excitement, I took issue with your insulting the poor anon asking a question actually relevant to D&D, for no reason, because you had to jerk it to your mind magic waifu, who is shit btw.
>>
I enjoy the Mystic a lot. I wish I could play one. They managed to make a lot of distinct options. I like it.
>>
>>52162247
>WRONG TIME, YOU MOTHERFUCKER, MYSTIC HYPE TRAIN HAS FINALLY REACHED IT'S DESTINATION

vs

>Seriously nobody fucking cares, it's just Psionics, nothing fucking special.

Insulting the "poor man"? No sorry honey bunny, you got autism

>magic waifu, who is shit

*severe autism. You're definitely salty about something. Go cry somewhere else, okay?
>>
>>52162334
Mother fucker
>a direct insult
VS
Some profanity sprinkled into a simple statement with no insults.

I'm not seeing your logic here, is it just me? or are you legitimately a retard?
>>
>>52162391
if you can't tell the difference between joking around and insulting you really, actually, seriously, have autism

has your friend never playfully called you a faggot? oh wait, no. because you don't have any friends
>>
>>52162433
If you can't see that I'm taking the joke farther than you intended, you are retarded, and need to LURK MOAR.
>>
File: 1390873871260.jpg (40KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1390873871260.jpg
40KB, 435x435px
>>52162472
>this back peddling
>"i was only pretending to be retarded!"

okay sweety
now go jack off to your outdated "no mystic" memes
>>
>>52162527
Wow, you really are pathetic. I was messing with you the whole fucking time, you are the one taking it personally, just because nobody actually cares that wizard released Mystic, It's one more class and a few archetypes.
WOOOO, much excitement, so sexy!
It's actually no better or worse than expected and doesn't really add anything to the game, except another way to play a wizard, and do we really need more magic users?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-202724.jpg (157KB, 878x716px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-202724.jpg
157KB, 878x716px
>>52160664
WAIT A SECOND
THEY'RE NOT GOING TO FIX THE FOUR ELEMENTS MONK
BECAUSE THIS IS BETTER
>>
>>52162620
sorry son, no one's buying you're "i was just playing idiot" card. you're salty for some reason that the mystic is out and feel the need to sperg out about it

god have mercy on whatever group has to suffer with you in their game. ah, who am i kidding, you probably come here to shitpost because no one will play with you
>>
>>52162671
I'm not salty, you're just projecting now.
It's not particularly exciting to me, sorry that I'm not one you fucking autistic mystic cucks, it's one more class for me to ban(except Revised Ranger) until PHB2 comes out and they've actually nailed it down. *claps*
>>
So

How about them Mystics
>>
>>52162736
>sorry that I'm not one you fucking autistic mystic cucks

i thought you said "nobody actually cares" about the mystic? it's okay to admit you feel left out and that no one cares about whatever stupid bullshit you want to discuss
>>
>>52162857
Magical DM powers ban the Mystic!
>>
>>52162886
Sorry, I should have said nobody who's not an autist, my bad.
>>
Sohei next week?
>>
>>52162949
Nah probably crafting, could be wrong though.
>>
File: BUGBEAR.jpg (254KB, 1356x567px) Image search: [Google]
BUGBEAR.jpg
254KB, 1356x567px
BUGBEARMONT GROWS MORE POWERFUL
>>
>>52161823

Well if you want to woo her away from it, you're also going to have to provide something better. I mean yes maybe her superiors are incompetent, but that might not be so bad so long as she still has inferiors.

Inferiors w/o superiors might be very tempting.
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.