[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 71

File: sliverqueen.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sliverqueen.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Sliver Edition

Old Thread >>52133868 (Cross-thread)

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Spiciest win you've ever had?
>>
>>52145421
ROCKY!
>>
>>52146012
>Spiciest win you've ever had?
Last night I got to Conspire a Scapeshift with 3 Valakuts (Original, Vesuva, and a Thespian's Stage) and then cast Splendid Reclamation. All while Prismatic Omen was on my board.
>>
File: 1451642439429.jpg (21KB, 361x391px) Image search: [Google]
1451642439429.jpg
21KB, 361x391px
>two headed giant I run degenerate Breya combo deck with an Angry Omnath
>vs Momir Vig and Rhys all the tokens
>shit is going wild
>i'm not getting any of my combos
>finally draw into everything
>drop my commander
>Momir Vig player fuckin swipes her
>back off the bus for a bit
>Angry Omnath keeping them distracted for me
>draw into Sculpting Steel
>drop it, declare my commander because she's still on the battlefield, and then drop my infinite combo
>mfw

and that's why everyone hates my artifact deck. I like it, it's a lot of solutions to a lot of problems.
>>
>>52146012
First for new thread when.
>>
>spiciest win you've ever had?
>Playing 1v1 against ub dralnu control, I'm running kozilek great distortion.
>opponent casts doomsday, don't have the cmc to counter
>opponent passes
>I've got absolutely nothing relevant, but I know he Is going for a lab mac win
>figure I've gotta get lucky, spine my own kozilek, crack LED, draw 7.
>I only have 2 mana left at this point, my new hand is not promising
>then I see it
>play my land and pass the turn.
>opponent is perplexed, but doesn't see it
>casts forbidden alchemy to draw his last card
>casts lab mac
>IN RESPONSE
>PAY 2 MANA
>ACTIVATE MY LAND FROM LAST TURN
>IT'S GIER REACH SANITARIUM
>WIN THE GAME WITH A UTILITY LAND

I will never forget my sweet foil sanitatium beating fucking doomsday. But in all seriousness you guys better run that land. Freak wins aside it can be quite handy.
>>
File: 1489253688752.jpg (59KB, 599x675px) Image search: [Google]
1489253688752.jpg
59KB, 599x675px
>playing 3 headed giant edh
>my team consisting of 4 color good stuff atraxa, naya creatues(dont remember the legend) and myself playing nekusar
>other team is oloro lifegain, angry omnath, and vial smasher and kydele partners
>game was mostly uneventful with the board being wiped a couple time and both teams were down to about 40 from the starting 60 life
>only have a few mana rocks out and a lilianas caress out along with smoke and propaganda
>enemy oloro player wraths then passes turn back to our team
>tfw topdeck cyclonic rift with windfall in hand
>cast cyclonic rift overloaded then cast windfall with lilianas caress out
>tfw over 80+ damage from all that discard

this is why I love playing with atraxa and angry omnath players they seem to draw all the attention away from nekusar and draw most of the hate while nekusar just does his thing.
>>
>>52146407
>tfw run sanitarium in my nekusar deck and have managed to finish off somebody with it
It might be one of my favorite colorless lands that i run.
>>
Getting rekt at my LGS. Can a kind anon suggest some improvements?
https://deckstats.net/decks/35871/680163-commander-niv-mizzet
>>
>4 player Free-for-all
>Play Borborygmos Enraged
>Game is getting stale with everyone having a board but no plays
>Put a Nev disk on board
>Convince friends that disk will reset the board and make some plays
>Next turn, draw tooth and nails
>heavybreathing.jpg
>Crack the disk
>Entwine Tooth for It that betrays and Keldon Firebombers
>Friends look at me like at me as if I'm the destroyer of hope

In hindsight, probably shouldn't have then cast Urabrask to swing with the eldrazi.
>>
>>52146537
I am guessing you are getting wrecked by creatures you need some more pillowforty cards and cut some of the bad counterspells like disallow and delay are not great in edh throw is some appropriate pillowfort cards like Smoke, Crawlspace, Silent Arbiter, Meekstone, Propaganda and the like
>>
Should I add some stax pieces to my Slobad build? Or is he best left as combo?
>>
>>52146407
I did the same thing a couple month ago, except it was against a tasigur doomsday player, and I was using Mikokoro.

He was a good sport about it at least. No one saw it coming.
>>
>>52146649
How did you cast Urabrask with three lands?
>>
File: Evil that men do.jpg (58KB, 414x510px) Image search: [Google]
Evil that men do.jpg
58KB, 414x510px
>>52146012
>Spiciest win
>turn 1 Wheel of Fortune pitching Karmic Guide, Gary, and Revilark
>turn 2 Ashnod's Altar
>turn 3 reanimate Revilark and go infinite
Normally I win with Master of Cruelties, but this was the nuts.
>>
File: 1265520226249.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1265520226249.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>Spiciest win was with Biovisonary using clones.dec
>>
>>52146689
Do you know what It that betrays does? Read it and then do the math with firebombers.
>>
File: mindsdilation.full.jpg (91KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
mindsdilation.full.jpg
91KB, 240x345px
This card is immensely fun and pretty cheap to buy too
>>
>>52146733
ohh. derp. I tend to forget he's useful outside of annihilator triggers.
>>
File: icanfaptothis.jpg (108KB, 669x652px) Image search: [Google]
icanfaptothis.jpg
108KB, 669x652px
>Playing phenax
>getting mana flooded
>turn 4 manage to draw a traumatize
>early enough so i mill half my friends deck
>mill his Praetor's council
>he has something that lets him cast from graveyard so he casts it
>wellfuck
>he now has a 60 card hand and I have nothing but mana in mine
>next turn draw jace's archivist
>start laughing
>he has something that gives all players creatures haste
>play archivist and tap it to make him discard and draw the rest of his cards
>>
>>52146724
what deck do you run
I've always wanted to run Master of Cruelties but right now I can only really shoehorn it into my 5 colour sliver queen deck
>>
>>52146537
You could include some, ya know, ramp. Izzet Signet, Thought Vessel, Coldsteel Heart, Solemn Simulacrum, Wayfarer's Bauble, and Mind's Stone are decent.

And no reason to run Kiki combo, it just takes up slots. If you want an alternative win-con try Labman since that has synergy with the deck.

Also if this is for multiplayer, you want less 1-for-1 effects and more board affecting ones. Oblivion Stone, Nevinyrall's Disk, Blasphemous Act, Evacuation, maybe Comet Storm.
>>
>>52146776
Alesha. You can also run him in Kaalia, but Kaalia is easier to disrupt. She's much more balls to the wall, though.

Alesha Reanimator is really fun. You just keep grinding out value from overcosted etb creatures. She also goes infinite in a few different ways if that's your thing, but that's tricolor for you.
>>
>>52146736
I just hate that it's 7 mana, and if I'm cheating it out with Academy Rector, I might was well just stick with Omniscience or something.
>>
REAL POST 'EM HOURS
>>
>tfw I mull away a Sol Ring so as not to make people mad
>>
File: sedris.jpg (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sedris.jpg
109KB, 800x600px
I think I might need a few more creatures for this reanimator deck to help trim it a bit but I'm not super sure. Any experts on Sedris around here I'd appreciate any assistance in bettering it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unerf-v2/
>>
File: edhdecks2.png (220KB, 1301x400px) Image search: [Google]
edhdecks2.png
220KB, 1301x400px
>>52147442
>>
>>52146012
Dunno about spiciest, but the saltiest was definitely the turn 2 Blightsteel I dropped and popped Greaves onto.

My group doesn't let me play artifacts anymore.
>>
>>52146012
Spiciest win
>Playing Mizzix vs Narset and two other irrelevant decks
>Mizzix gets removed a bunch because I'm an idiot and keep playing her out when I shouldn't
>Narset starts doing Narset things
>Enter the Infinite AND Omnicience off the top
>"Welp, gg"
>Other two people scoop
>I look down at my hand, no answers, tapped out
>I have Glacial Chasm out
>Narset player looks nervous, scanning through his whole deck
>No land removal at all and no way to get his library back
>He had already cast take more Timewalk effects
>He decks himself because he can't kill me

The moral of the story is that you should run targeted land destruction
>>
What would your play group do if you started playing borderline oppressive combo decks exclusively
>>
>>52147938
my deck would be banned because of rotation
>>
File: Decklist.jpg (1MB, 2114x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Decklist.jpg
1MB, 2114x1412px
>>52147442
Somebody convince me to build something blue
>>
>>52148275
Aurelia with a sunforger
>>
File: rufus.png (143KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rufus.png
143KB, 640x480px
>>52148275
Want to share you Kaervek list?
>>
File: IWANNADANCE.jpg (53KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IWANNADANCE.jpg
53KB, 480x360px
>>52148392
I like thinking of it as Reverse-Enchantress. I pull it out when I see things are getting a little too degenerate for me.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-16-let-it-burn/
>>
File: 8NQMN7y.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
8NQMN7y.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I was goldfish this deck today. It's a little harder than I thought to pilot. Finding the best way to combo isn't as easy as I initially thought. I feel bad playing this deck anyway so meh.
>>
>>52148275
You can go food chain tazri for a tier 1 deck :P
>>
>>52148275
If mono-blue, go with Talrand combo/tokens

If not, I'd recommend Gisa&Geralf for zombie goodness. It'll likely have overlap with Sidisi while being much cheaper and can be turned into Sidisi later if you prefer. The two make for a highly underrated zombie commander over Thrax or Sedris due to being able to [ALWAYS] give you access to your zombies in the yard should they be out on the field, letting you recur zombie Lords easily and set up nasty combos at your leisure.
>>
File: 20170313_005419.jpg (5MB, 3143x2630px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_005419.jpg
5MB, 3143x2630px
>>52146012
>go to order Sliver Hivelord
>see it in Japanese for cheaper than it usually is
>oh I guess I could weeb it up
>go to get Hive, Diffusion and Manaweft because last time I played slivers was 2009
>they're also available cheaper in Japanese
>they send me an extra Sliver Hivelord somehow
Time to fucking korosu some gaijin with indestructible slivers I guess.
>>
>>52149396
>counterfeiters dumping shoddy stock on American fuccboi weaboo
To get em, anon.
>>
PSA: I've been told by multiple sources that distributors are allowed to offer MM2017 packs to big box stores. This doesn't mean that they will. Wizards gave permission to all distributors a few weeks back that they will have the option to sell MM2017 product to all non-WPN businesses.

Let this be a caution to those considering boxes for $200 +
>>
File: faaaaac.png (735KB, 717x887px) Image search: [Google]
faaaaac.png
735KB, 717x887px
>>52147442
i wish i could build ghave and titania, but alas, i have not the staples required.

of the decks i have, i admit my surrak and yidris are not up to snuff, i believe
>>
>>52146059
A couple weeks ago, someone cast a Genesis Wave for 10. I copied it with Reiterate with buyback. I hit Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth on the first wave. I was able to chain cast Reiterate, dumping my entire deck onto the board.

I got a Goblin Sharpshooter and Staff of Domination into play. I sacrificed Anger to Ashnod's Altar to give the Sharpshooter haste. Infinite colorless + staff = infinite Sharshooter. I was able to burn out the entire table before their Genesis Wave resolved.
>>
>>52149129
first step to playing prossh, dump food chain. it's shit. you rely on food chain, you are not going to win.

post your list btw
>>
>>52149619
>I don't understand the rules of cardboard rectangles: the post
>>
File: 1488545205653.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488545205653.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>52149471
Not him, but the Japanese domestic market is more catered towards people who play 'competitive' constructed in tournaments.

This explains, atleast for a bit, why certain 'casual chaff' from the new era of Magic is cheaper in Japenese. Same holds true for Spanish and Portugese printings.
>>
>>52149471
As far as I'm aware nobody has managed to counterfeit M15 borders yet, and I would know.
>>
>>52149647
>dump 3 mana win the game
Name a single card in those colors that could possibly be better than Food Chain.
>>
>>52146035
UGH!
>>
>>52150146
Mana crypt, it helps you get food chain out faster.
>>
File: 1467301613728.jpg (35KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1467301613728.jpg
35KB, 535x462px
>mfw playing elves against three opponents with no interaction
>mfw no one will take the hit of just not casting a spell for one turn so my Duskwatch Recruiter flips and I have to stop digging for Kamahl
>tfw hit Kamahl, overrun 8 times and hit everyone for lethal in one swing
>>
>>52150494
Some players are just bad
>>
>>52150382
You don't play Food Chain to an empty board anon.
>>
File: 119.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>52150494
Reminds me of a game in which a group hug player dropped a Howling Mine and Temple Bell. I dropped a Hall of Gemstone and everyone else was multicolor. He kept activating the Bell. I won a couple turns later with all the extra shit he game me.

He complained about Hall of Gemstone after the game. Showed that he had an Aura Mutation that he "couldn't cast" because of the Hall. He was both too dumb to stop giving me cards with the Bell and too dumb to respond to the Hall trigger.
>>
File: Life_point_counter.jpg (58KB, 356x276px) Image search: [Google]
Life_point_counter.jpg
58KB, 356x276px
>>52146012
>Spiciest Win
Playing Melek Grouphug because why not
Have charmbreaker devils, and something that reduced manacosts for instants/sorceries (I think it was goblin electromancer). Was trying to do the infinite reiterate/mana geyser combo but couldn't get enough mana to do so.
I could however, break even with the mana generated.
I swung with the charmbreakers, opponent playing Oloro lifegain 'az himself a little giggle and lets it through.
I then go reiterate/mana geyser for infinite stacks of charmbreaker hugeness and attack his lifepoints directly.
>>
>>52150146
Doesn't win the game without the required impact tremor/purphoros/blood artist/zulaport. Ashnods does the same thing without being as degenerate
>>
>>52151099
>Ashnods does the same thing without being as degenerate
So not the same thing at all?

>doesn't win the game
Infinite tokens and an infinite power flyer are probably the best turn 3 Jund can have, period.
>>
File: 7x2_jersey_shore_2.png (161KB, 360x276px) Image search: [Google]
7x2_jersey_shore_2.png
161KB, 360x276px
>>52151127
>food chain isn't good
>>
File: pure casual.png (1MB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
pure casual.png
1MB, 800x1040px
>>52147442
>>
>>52151127
If your purpose of to cast prossh multiple times in a turn, yes. Same thing. But speak of turn 3 degeneracy, look no further than berserk. Better yet, just use means to group slug the table more consistently with multiple routes to said end.
>>
>>52151217
Nothing is good that doesn't win you the game. Only wincons can be good.
>>
>>52150932
Wow. Do you enjoy winning in spite of the fact you know hes a retard, or do you wish you had a better opponent to play against?
>>
>>52151374
Both. I wish I build more competitive decks but I wouldn't have anyone to play against. I also hate group hug so I love seeing group hug players get frustrated. You give me a bunch of extra shit and I end the game? What a surprise.
>>
>>52146736
At 7 and with no immediate board impact I really feel this could and should have said "When an opponent casts a spell" instead of all this once a turn nonsense, or barring that at least exiled until it hits a spell.
>>
>>52151217
Did you have a stroke? That's the opposite of what I said.

>>52151227
Using Alter to cast Prossh maybe twice in a turn after turn 5 isn't even relatable to casting him infinitely turn 3. Please stop fucking talking.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-ageless-aesthetic-1/

Making my first Commander deck, is this worth getting?
>>
>>52150932
oooh so you can respond to choosing a color.
Makes this a little less busted then
>>
>>52151533
Take more advantage of counterspells, being able to say no to their one spell a turn (an effect you should consistently have out) is very powerful. Get some more card draw in there too, and take more advantage of black tutoring.
>>
>>52151533
>2 sorceries
>5 instants
>crap like Karlov among your 10 creatures when you have no protection for them
>wincons are turn delayed removable pieces of junk
>shitty prison pillowfort archetype instead of just going stax
It's awful, and probably among the worst decks to play at a casual table.
>>
>>52151581
>When anon makes you insecure about your Oloro-fu
H-how is mine?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gain-drain-with-dj-oloro/
>>
>>52151640
Drop Chainer and put in Rune-Scarred Demon
>Necropotence
Nevermind you can fuck off.
>>
>>52146537
Hey anon run Volcanic Vision

It's good. Much better in my mizzex, but it's still ok if you're in need of a dual recursion/wipe.
>>
>>52151705
Are you implying necropotence is bad? Because in a deck with 0 lifegain it can win you a game and in a deck gaining life every single turn its even more absurdly strong.
>>
>>52151705
I don't do tutors, so no rune-scarred. I was thinking of putting in ayli or karlov though.

>>52151736
Pretty sure he just hates the card.
>>
>>52151581
>>crap like Karlov among your 10 creatures when you have no protection for them

karlov is fine without protection though, he's a 2 drop after all. i run him in my kambal that i've been testing out a bit and he typically shits out a ton of value with the exile before he eats a removal. like yeah, you probably won't kill people with him but you don't need to, he's a 2-drop that synergizes crazy well with lifegain triggers

on the topic of kambal and oloro

>lovingly craft my kambal deck over a couple of weeks
>incorporate all the stuff i've wanted to do in orzhov, divinity of pride, funny lifegain spells, funny cards like aetherflux reservoir
>start looking for some more tech
>realize that oloro is just an outright better commander in outright better colors because wotc couldn't keep it in its pants in 2013
>feel like shit because feel like i'm gimping myself with my commander
>>
>>52151912
I had the same thing, but I actually switched to Oloro while building kambal, and run kambal in the 99. I've found peace with it.
>>
>>52151960
yeah, well i fucking hate oloro as a card design so i'm not going to do that. instead i'm just going to be mad at the fact that he exists even though no one i know plays him. free value from the command zone was an awful idea and i wish sheldon would ban oloro as a fuck you to wotc
>>
>>52151960
Did you add blue cards when you switched to Oloro?
>>
>>52151640
here are the things that come to mind first

you have very little ramp for your average cmc, consider going to 10 ramp cards unless you intend to have a slow deck

you have very little draw, consider going to 10 draw cards, you are in black/blue after all

i'd say you're also running a few too many big creatures. noxious gearhulk seems like an inefficient use of mana. maybe run more noncreatures instead.
>>
>>52152040
I tend to have an excess of card draw mid-late game, so I don't think I'll put in more of that, but I have been thinking of putting in all the signets in my colours, thanks anon.

Also, last week I hit a 124/124 consuming abberation with the gearhulk and sanguine bond on the field, so he's never going out, he's my baby.
>>
File: Commander Decks.jpg (437KB, 1198x1322px) Image search: [Google]
Commander Decks.jpg
437KB, 1198x1322px
Is it Oloro deck posting time?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-control-26-01-14-1/

Here's mine.
>>
>>52152000
Well of course, blue gives access to some cool cards, not adding them would be stupid. Also, casting Oloro can be a pretty good move some times.

If you have him on the field with multiple sources of lifegain the draw can be pretty crazy.
>>
>>52152072
well, if you're adding ramp like i suggested, then you're going to burn through your cards faster and thus you will need a bit more draw to maintain card advantage.

my kambal deck has 14ish cards that give card advantage but with 10ish ramp cards it still burns through cards like crazy.
>>
>>52152040
>>52152121
oh i actually forgot that oloro himself gives card draw on the battlefield, i forgot what a funny commander he is. lets all applaud wotc for providing us with a funny commander that does something by not existing and by providing card draw by existing. good job wotc you pandered to edh players
>>
File: 3 mana.dec.jpg (25KB, 430x366px) Image search: [Google]
3 mana.dec.jpg
25KB, 430x366px
>>52151640
Looking through your list at a glance my thoughts were as follows
>holy shit 37 lands, fucking cut Rupture Spire dude
>half-decent creature base
>other half is this dumb life gain theme
>does this guy have any wraths? nope just two
>swords but no path, Anguished Unmaking with no Vindicate
>cryptolith fragments instead of literally any other rock
It was at this point that I began to notice a pattern, mostly because I was looking at it on mobile and would've had to scroll for like 10 seconds to see the chart. Probability-wise within your first 10 cards you'll likely see only a single card below 3 mana, with only two or three cards after digging 20 deep. Notice that your deck has like no fucking draw engines that will dig you that many cards in a reasonable amount of time except Rhystic.

So in summary, pick up Path, Ponder, Preordain, Vindicate, Fellwar Stone, Phyrexian Reclamation, Tragic Slip, Day of Judgment and some two-drop creatures in your colors that do neat shit, I could list a million.

Cut Cliffhaven, Emissary, Defiant Bloodlord, Daxos, Shattered Angel, Cryptolith Fragments, Sanguine Bond, Ivory Tower (if your hand is ever that small you either have won or have lost, that life gain won't matter).

t. not shit anon

>>52152084
>he has a fucking Moat
>but couldn't shell out for a foil Sol Ring or Consecrated Sphinx
>>
File: Niv Mizzet Foiled.jpg (2MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Niv Mizzet Foiled.jpg
2MB, 3840x2560px
>>52152141
>implying those aren't in my other deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/niv-mizzet-the-firemind-16/

I'm getting an expedition sol ring next week, so I'll be putting it in this deck and putting the FTV in Oloro.

Still rather get a judge promo sol ring, but nobody here has one of those for trade and I'm not gonna buy it.
>>
>>52152159
You'll be getting Toxic Deluge soon too then, now that it has a foil printing right?
>>
>>52152159
>Foiling out a deck when you could buy 1-3 more decks with that money
>>
>>52152219
Yeah, I'm working on it. Top priority now is for a foil Gaea's Cradle for my animar deck.
>>
>>52152292
I already have over 10 edh decks, why would I need more? I've even started taking some apart since I rarely get to play with them.
>>
>>52152141
What kind of 2-drop creatures that do neat shit are you thinking of anon?
I'm not cutting sanguine bond since the deck's theme is gaining and draining, and I don't want to turn it into bland pillowfort or control.

I appreciate the rest of the advice though.
>>
>>52147870
How does Narset didn't had at least Armageddon? Incompetent idiot, Christ almighty.

Also he should have Elixir at least, to recycle casted Tiome Walks and shit.

>>52149904
>Portugese printings
>mfw foreigners can get cards in my language cheaper than us in the damn country with most speakers
Fuck this damn local economy
>>
>>52146012
Last week with Jeleva:

>Saskia, Erebos and me on a 3-man pod
>Saskia mana screws from the start but Erebos ramps like a motherfucker
>cast Jeleva with no haste outlets, exile nothing important
>Erebos kills it anyway
>draw Swiftfoot Boots, cast Jeleva again
>Praetor's Grasp from the top
ohboy.jpg
>cast Boots, go for Erebos and exile his Newlamog
>not knowing wtf to do, Erebos desperately digs for answers and wraths table thinking the trouble are the other spells I had under Jeleva
>my turn comes up, Newlamog his Coffers and Necropotence
>he had 25 cards in hand and no Reliquary Tower
>motherfucker still tries to fuck me up casting Newrakul
>can't do shit, no important spells in hand
>extra turn comes up, draw Mizzix's Mastery
OHBOY.jpg
>overload that shit
>Twincast, Reverberate, Geistblast, Reiterate on grave besides a lot of utility spells and the cherry on top: Sorin's Vengeance
First time I actually overloaded Mastery too, gotta love wacky spell shenanigans
>>
>>52146736
It's not something you build a strategy around, but I don't find 7 too unreasonable in a control situation. Its biggest problem is probably going to be competition with other, more reliable effects for limited slots in the 6+ bracket. If we took it back to the EDH of 10 years ago, say if it was printed in Time Spiral or Rav 1, it would probably be one of THOSE cards that maybe most people don't use anymore but everyone remembers as one of the common plays when the meta was "you can hardcast Time Stretch and might still not win off it"
>>
>>52152380
Jace VP, Ajani's Pridemate, Ayli, Spellskite, SFM (to grab a Batterskull), Nether Shadow, Eight-and-a-Half-Tails, Manakin, I could keep going but they make websites for this.
>>
File: Hum_Of_The_Radix.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hum_Of_The_Radix.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
So could this be considered secret tech for anyone? I just found it and thought it was neat.
>>
Are there any good permanents that help you control the board in BW colors (without it being group sluggy)? I'd like to have more control stuff in my deck, but I don't want put myself behind in the process. Something like Aura Shards but obviously in BW colors

weird request probably
>>
>>52153052
No the colors of removal do not have that.
>>
>>52153085
exciting shitpost senpai
>>
>>52153102
>oh god please spoonfeed me the results of a simple gatherer search because I'm such a retarded faggot
Right back at you.
>>
>>52153113
>sift through the 780 enchantments + artifacts in BW colors

ah yes the simple gatherer search
>>
Building that budget Xenagos list off Goldfish with a few upgrades I already own in my collection. Cant wait to beat in for 16 with a Hydra Omnivore.
>>
>>52153052
There aren't a lot of cards like aura shards, period. Your best bet is... probably Martyr's Bond?
>>
>>52153145
Because you can't use any hypothetical words that might be on those permanents to reduce those numbers, or check edhrec to see what W/B enchantments are frequently played.
>>
>>52153052
Martyrs Bond, Grave Pact, The Abyss
>>
>>52151099
>>52151099
My whole deck is pretty much just tutors and hand filters to try to get the second piece of the combo. It's dank.
>>
Last night I found out that despite my play group being full of incredibly strong commanders, that I was the only one who is a spike at heart
I need to build a more casual deck currently i have mono black smokestacks, GW selvala stax, simic paradox combo and 5c good stuff.
What's a good non tribal theme for a deck that isn't so cut throat
>>
>>52153321
Just pick the shittiest non tribal commander you can think of. Then there is no way to make it too strong.
>>
>>52152159
It kinda bugs me when people who aren't judges have judge foils.
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>52146012
>Spiciest win you've ever had?

>Playing against an infinite life/ infinite token generation deck
>I'm playing a Korlash deck
>Opponent goes off and creates 1 million life and 1 million 1/1 tokens.
>After all this resolves I flash in Massacre Wurm
>mfw
>>
>>52153374
I too hate that the secondary market exists.
>>
>>52152159
thats a beautiful winds of change my dude
>>
>>52153480
I mean, it bugs me that they create something as a "thank you" to judges, and then those judges just sell it to random people
>>
>>52153525
Some judges like to be thanked in cash bucks.
>>
>>52153345
you can still make Pavel Maliki into a doomsday combo deck
>>
File: Than.jpg (176KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Than.jpg
176KB, 375x523px
>>52153554
>Pavel Maliki
why are custom cards so shit?
>>
>>52153321
Play Rakdos, Boros, or Gruul and you're well on your way to that 75% deck. Dimir has fairly shitty commanders and mill isn't super competitive but it's also a full two thirds of Sultai, aka the most tryhard colors.

Then, don't have your game plan to be to go infinite. Go stupid instead. Things like Gruul Wort have an upper bound, if a very high one. You can still make insane plays, but "All ends now!" plays are a little more dubious if you don't want to be cutthroat.

Suggestions at various degrees of challenge to make at all reasonable:
>Wort Raidmother 'spellslinger'
>Rakdos 1.0 Assault Suit/blow shit up
>Kalenme fatties
>Akiri+Bruse Boros Artifact Voltron
>Gruul Lands Matter WITHOUT Angry Omnath
>>
>>52149651
I'm not sure what your problem is, everything he did was completely legal (assuming he had heaps of red mana lying around). Reiterating someone else's Genesis Wave puts a copy of it on top of the original spell in the stack. The player who controls a copy is its creator by default, so it would indeed resolve before the original Genesis Wave and dump anon's stuff on the board.

Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth can indeed go infinite, since you can copy the Monolith's untap ability with the Rings, so you can untap twice for 5 mana and tap twice for 6.

Sacrificing Anger to Ashnod's Altar is perfectly legitimate (assuming he owns Ashnod's Altar).

Thanks to Staff of Domination, any pinger basically becomes a source of recurring damage at a ratio of 4 generic mana -> 1 damage. Thanks to Monolith/Rings combo, anon had sillyon mana, and as such could deal sillyon damage to his or her opponents.

I could, of course, be wrong, but everything seems to check out. You dumb fuck.
>>
>>52153591
Because most people are shit, and people make custom cards without the extensive review and professional talent that goes into real cards.

And some real cards still come out shit, so the customs had no chance.
>>
>>52153652
>Gruul Lands Matter WITHOUT Angry Omnath
This is easy, just make Bobo Enraged. Dude can shell the entire field
>>
File: BOBO ENGAGED.png (245KB, 658x300px) Image search: [Google]
BOBO ENGAGED.png
245KB, 658x300px
>>52153715
Did someone call?
>>
>>52153774
If you're the guy who posted that story about using Creeping Renaissance to get all your lands back, and then carpet-bombing everyone to win, please post your list
>>
>sheoldread w crappy vampire tribal
>t1 swamp, dark rit, necropotence
>draw down to 5 life over the course of several turns of my girlfriend milling me for 10 each turn with Jace.
>sheoldread
>jeezanonhowcomeyourmomletsyouhaveaboardstate.png
>girlfriend can't deal 5 fucking damage in an atraxa deck
>find Gary in the last 7 cards of my deck.
>kill Jace off win sheoldread
>stabilize to 56 life on the kill turn

She tried guys.
>>
>>52153807
Did you have good make up sex afterward?
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52153591
thats a real card, dingus
just somebody stapled a wheel of fortune to it
>>
>>52147442
No images. Just list of my decks and gf decks I play.

>eight and a half ways to lose your friends
Gf and I tore apart her Aurelia angels (really not angels) and made what is now my cheapest deck. God it works wonders.

>sheoldread's crappy vampire harem
Mono black reanimator that usually mills myself, opponent, until I find my Gary and sac that to win,

>yidris, wait he has infect?
He only gets infect when I cascade into grafted exoskeleton. Just outright a stupid deck that I built intending to cascade ala modern bloodbraid Jund. The cards used accidently turned into Yidris voltron however. It works.

>atraxa's super fire playhouse
+1+1 counters and super friends all day long. Glad I had my teferi before he shot up

>nath another elf deck.
Yup elves. Ew. Gf plays that trash not me, we just had the stuff to build it.
>>
>>52153962
I too am bored with Yidris.

He plays himself, it's silly.
>>
File: 1473272780891.jpg (27KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1473272780891.jpg
27KB, 480x479px
>>52153962
>ways to lose your friends
>im such an asshole
>how to become the boogyman of your lgs
these are the worst memes in EDH, it should be legal to kill people who say things like this on sight.
>>
>>52147697
>Welcome to the Enchanted Lands
...505?
>>
>>52153994
You're edge is showing

>>52153985
He really does.
I love him still
>>
>>52152918
Not really. It's pretty much worse Aura of Silence. Situationally it's better, but more expensive and does less than Aura.
Damn fun with Mycosynth Lattice though
>>
File: EDHDecksCondensed2017.png (2MB, 1114x835px) Image search: [Google]
EDHDecksCondensed2017.png
2MB, 1114x835px
>>52147442
>>
>>52153525
>>52153374
>autism
Usually when you do work for a company, they pay you with cash.
Besides, not every judge wants certain cards they get anyway, so no harm selling it.
Still, they are sought after, it's not like they're christmas- or birthday presents.
>>
>>52154080
Is this your first time posting on 4chan? Fuck off.
>>
>>52154191
Not him, but it only bugs me when non-judges buy foils and then use them to pretend to be a judge.
>>
>>52154143
>Titania Food Chain
explain
>>
>>52154275
Probably Eternal Scourge + Food Chain for infinite green mana.
>>
File: IMG_0647.jpg (29KB, 287x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.jpg
29KB, 287x280px
>>52154246
>Being this mad at control players

I think someone has no friends.
>>
Spiciest win?

Be Trostani, minding my own business. Ain't attacking no one, no one is attacking me, the usual. I have enough creatures to block anything and they are indestructible to this point.

For some weird reason, stupid Atraxa keeps proliferating my Ajani, Caller of the Pack. Maybe he knows I'll trample his ass over if he even looks at me the wrong way. Don't care and pop Ajani. Suddenly I have over 200 2/2 cats and my life total goes up by a lot.
Doesn't matter at this point.

Somehow, when my next turn arrives I still have over two hundred cats waiting for my orders. Holy fuck Ajani, you're the true mvp.

Play the Hoof boss. Try not to laugh to hard at their horrified faces, how the fuck could they not notice me?

The only cyclonic rift in play is exiled, along the rest of Tasigur's graveyard.

Don't even aim my cats, just call my battle phase and everyone starts shuffling their decks.

Since then I have the biggest boner whenever I see Caller of the Pride. Ajani my boy.
>>
>>52154358
Wow your playgroup sounds really fucking bad.
>>
>>52154304
It has nothing to do with what you play and everything to do with the fact that you type like a teenager.

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>52154387
They are. Most of them were YGO players.
>>
>>52154442
In that case, I'd refrain from bragging about steamrolling them in the future.
>>
>>52154275
Titania + Food Chain + Command Beacon = Infinite Elementals & Food Chain mana.
>>
>>52154442
>Most of them were YGO players.
I play YGO and I'm not that stupid, they seem to suffer from brain problems. I mean,
>stupid Atraxa keeps proliferating my Ajani, Caller of the Pack
What was he thinking??
>>
>>52154465
I'm pretty certain there aren't any green tutors for enchantments, how is the deck competitive?
>>
>>52154396
You really just sound upset, smoke a bowl, hit some tweak or something.
>>
>>52154497
>tfw resident Atraxa player kept proliferating Mizzix experience counters because he thought he was being an expert politician and got good boy points
You'll never guess what happened next
>>
>>52154499
I said it was the most competitive of the lot, NONE of them are Competitive EDH competitive. Plus, the 'backup' strategy is Stax.
>>
>>52151500
so you would rather have shitty forced meme degeneration over having a better play experience? you only really need to cast prossh twice as is, if you have the right cards out.
>>
>>52146012
Have a story involving sliver queen that led to the banning of a guy in my group

>playing gitrog against sliver queen, oloro and zegana
>sliver queen guy gets mana echoes and cathar's crusade out and combos out on turn 6
>zegana and oloro are pissed off but I shrug and just get ready to play gitrog again
>sliver queen guy switches to his "low powered" mogis deck
>starts the game with leyline of the void out and everyone but me scoops and tells him to get the fuck out
>mfw I was his ride home and he sat outside for an hour waiting for us to play one more game
>after I leave they tell him he's longer welcomed to their house and for me to not bring them

I don't know if I should feel bad since the sliver queen guy is my brother-in-law and he has no friends outside of me and whoever he talks to on Everquest and I don't want to bring it up with my salty friends
>>
>>52154634
Your usual group sound like whiny-ass baby scrubs.
>>
>>52154634
>players that refuse to play with Leyline
What fucking idiots.
>>
>>52154634
>Oloro and Zegana scoop to gravehate.

Play with Sliver Queen guy more, your other friends are the problem.
>>
File: 1459439684748.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459439684748.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
>>52154513
>smoke a bowl
>>
>>52154670
I mean, I've seen decks auto-scoop to Leyline, but they were balls-deep, all-in mono black graveyard decks that figured they'd lose before they got Spine of Ish Sah out.
>>
So I decided to make a causal Gruul deck using only cards from the two rav blocks

how do you guys feel about including cards with overload or things like mindmoil, death's presence and life from the loam that clearly belong to other clans
Im kinda on the fence about some of these.
>>
>>52154683
Just report him and move on.
>>
>>52154731
>clans
How about you fuck off?
>>
>>52154731
If you're going heavy enough theme to restrict yourself to Rav+RtR have one of Borborygmos command it and use watermarked cards only. Maybe some non-marked/gateless cards but certainly nothing with another guild's mark.
>>
>>52154648
>>52154682
Its not like we don't run powerful decks but I think its just the salt of him getting the combo out fast, acting more smug when he dropped leyline forgot to bring the oloro guy switched to karador and zegana switched to dralnu, and being an asshole in general. I only hang out with the sliver guy because he's a NEET shut in otherwise and my sister wants me to help him adjust
>>
>>52154806
See, there's a world of difference between "They don't want him back because he's a dickhead NEET shutin" and "they threw him out of their house for beating them at card games twice".
>>
File: Gruul Mindset.png (309KB, 420x569px) Image search: [Google]
Gruul Mindset.png
309KB, 420x569px
>>52154763
>clans
sorry I just really got into the Gruul Mindset
>>
>>52154818
But the story is what really mattered at first, I didn't expect to have to go into full details
>>
>>52154867
It changes things a lot, though. "They threw him out because he played a turn 1 Leyline" means you're playing with ultrascrubs who throw an autistic REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tantrum if anyone plays any cards that disrupt their game plan. The ACTUAL story is that they didn't feel like playing more games with a smug shut-in hikko loser.
>>
>>52154634
Seems like your other friends are assholes.
>>
File: 1486362189498.jpg (13KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486362189498.jpg
13KB, 414x415px
>>52154895
The story was meant to be a funny look at how stupid groups can be but I guess it didn't turn out that way, I don't think I'll bother trying to convince them to let him back in.
>>
File: Sliver-Queen-Vanguard-Avatar.jpg (115KB, 358x606px) Image search: [Google]
Sliver-Queen-Vanguard-Avatar.jpg
115KB, 358x606px
>>52146012
>>52146776
>>52149396
Rate my Sliver Queen deck, no bully pls

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-LVZ-killer-queen/
>>
File: 6.png (110KB, 461x296px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
110KB, 461x296px
>>52154497
>I play YGO
>>
>>52154997
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-LVZ-killer-queen/
Personally I would cut a lot of the slivers and add more tutors and draw power.
the lands are ok but you should consider pain lands over the tap tri colors, though I wouldnt blame you if you still like them.
Harsh Mercy seems pretty shit m8
You have no sol ring
>>
File: rufus2.jpg (44KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
rufus2.jpg
44KB, 720x480px
>>52148586
Thank you! I'm trying to build something other than Cromat and Tasigur, and could use some inspiration.
>>
>>52155056
I like the cut of your jib. You gave me something to think about.
>>
>>52154258
I have never heard of such thing. That's beyond pathetic
>>
File: IMG_0646.jpg (384KB, 2048x1479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0646.jpg
384KB, 2048x1479px
>>52154683
>>52154748
>report

Oh look guise the anon made me butthurt.
Better report him even though he wasn't the one who started it
>this is what common sense looks like
>>
>>52151224
>needing card draw in Zada

Boi what are you doing
>>
>>52155339
I've only seen it a few times. Usually it's just someone puffing out their chest about their promos and how they 'got' them for judging. Occasionally they'll try to use their fake Judge status to bully a table into listening to them. It usually ends poorly for them when there's an actual judge at the table.
>>
>>52153321
G R U U L
R
U
U
L

Satisfy your inner combo needs with Angry Omnath Landfall infinites and embrace your inner Timmy with massive 5/5 beatsticks that also have Lightning Bolts inside of them. There is no greater feeling than being able to turn a land card into a free 5/5 that deals 5 to anything you want when it hits the field, and then sac all your Elementals to Ashnod to finish off your opponents with 3 bolts to the face each from your creatures, or casting Genesis Wave for 15 with all that mana.
>>
>>52154143
Could you post the Feldon list?
>>
I want to go full rogue and build a derevi deck which I enchant my lands with card like Utopia Sprawl til I get a land that can produce 3, 4 or 5 mana (depending on the combo) and then combo.

So far I know these combos.
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Claws of Gix + a land producing 5 or more mana = Unlimited Life

Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Spawning Pit + a land producing 5 or more mana = Unlimited Tokens

Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Altar of Dementia + a land producing 4 or more mana = Unlimited Mill

Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Phyrexian Altar + a land producing 4 or more mana = Unlimited Mana

Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Ashnod's Altar + a land producing 3 or more mana = Unlimited Colorless Mana

Derevi, Empyrial Tactician + Blasting Station + a land producing 4 or more mana = Unlimited Damage

do you think it will work? anymore suggestion for combos?

also no one play land destruction on my meta
>>
>>52155639
Play land destruction
Your play group will love you for it
>>
Anyone have any spicy tech for Kambal? I'm building him right now, but the deck just seems awfully vanilla.
>>
>>52155615
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/memories-of-sorrow/

Looking at it, it could use a tune-up like trading 5 of those mountains for rocks. Also should probably get the Wasteland I pulled from my one Eternal Masters pack. Plus it was pre-Kaladesh.
>>
>>52155639
Run lands that innately tap for multiple mana like Serra's Sanctum, Gaea's Cradle, Scorched Ruins, Lotus Vale, and so on.
>>
>>52155762
Only thing that comes to mind is that artifact that exiles the top three cards of all libraries on etb, then whenever someone casts a spell it exiles that spell and they have to cast a different one from the ones the artifact exiled. Would force them to cast two a turn and provides no one hit relevant removal in the top 3 would force two spells from an enemy (for a total of 4 kambal triggers) to kill him through it.

Not exactly super spicy I guess but that's all that I can think of at the moment.
>>
One motherfucker in my group drew his Rube Goldberg-esque combo and I didn't have the cards in my hand to stop him at that particular moment in time, so now he won't shut up over getting a win over my Marchesa deck.

Now I want to make the most bullshit, "every card in my deck is half of a combo" obnoxious deck just to shut him up. Something that's literally just infinite combos at the drop of a hat. I was thinking Esper-ish, if only because they tend to be combo-heavy anyway, but I really don't know where to go with this. Suggestions?
>>
>>52155992
Ghave?
>>
>>52155992
I mean Ghave is a consideration for "literally a thousand infinite combos packed into a deck," though he's not esper
>>
File: 1487460839457.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1487460839457.gif
1MB, 276x260px
Hello friends! Resident competitive edh man here asking for help for my WURG Kiki deck. Need like 7 more cards and I want to make them really spicy. Would a sub blink theme be a good idea?
Any recommendations?
>>
>>5215579
tyty
>>
>>52155992
Dont listen to these guys play karador boon weaver. Its so not fun to play against. Thats why its the shit.
>>
>>52156021
>>52156026
I was considering him, but the same player also has a Ghave deck, and I don't want to either give him any ideas, nor step on his toes.

>>52156046
Karador, on the other hand, is pretty spicy, and no one in the group is running one. I'm seeing a primer over on Salvation for it, and damn does it look fast and kinda expensive, too.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>52156029
>Competitive
>Partner Commanders
>>
File: 1486005888354.jpg (277KB, 851x959px) Image search: [Google]
1486005888354.jpg
277KB, 851x959px
>>52156131
>MTGSalvation
>>
>>52156141
>implying ill cast them ever
Playing thrasios to pod into exarch and the fat cow man to pod into kiki
>>
>>52156169
At that point why not just go 5 color if you're just using the Commander for X-Color Goodstuff?
>>
>>52156155
It was the first thing that came up in a google search. If you have something better, I'm all ears.
>>
File: 1483775325366.jpg (149KB, 850x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1483775325366.jpg
149KB, 850x1194px
Any fellow Elfball players around here? Which legend do you prefer? Personally I'm torn between Selvala, Heart of the Wilds and Ezuri, Renegade Leader.

Any spicy tech you want to share?

Ps. Though I dislike artifacts, Lifecrater's Bestiary[/spoiler is the shit.
>>
>>52156131
Can totally understand not wanting a second Ghave walking around. I was even hesitant building him because I was worried the local token autist would get jealous and upgrade his shitty g/w token deck haha
>>
>>52156141
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kydele-and-thrasios-super-combo-buddies/
>>
File: 1488792471993.jpg (146KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
1488792471993.jpg
146KB, 578x737px
>>52156131
The best thing about karador is the consistency. It being a creature based combo strat gives you all the creatre based tutors PLUS all the black tutors as well. Play some dorks an ashnods alter and turn 3 boonweaver and go off. Its resilient with karador being able to regrow your dudes.

I completely spiked a local EDH even and it was glorious. Virgins crying about "mah spirit of the game!"

Its what you want my dude. Just saying.

Also dont listen to>>52156155
This list by cobblepot is aamazing and I based a lot of my list on it
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/621075-karador-boonweaver-combo
>>
>>52156192
dide you even read what I said the deck was for? K I K I J I K I
>>
>>52152159
oh, hey. I was looking for you a few threads ago, thanks for posting the list. If i wanted to put in the stuff in sb, what are your preferred cuts?
>>
>>52156239
That's actually the list I'm looking at. It just looks like a pile of expensive, janky shit until I got to the combos and actual discussion of the deck, and holy fuck am I impressed.
>>
>>52156262
So what exactly do you gain by building some four color monstrosity around a single red card, instead of focusing more intently on a 2 or 3 color build, or going all the way wide with 5 color?

What do you gain by basically having 2 blank cards in your deck in the form of your shitty Commanders?
>>
>>52156273
See thats what I thought at first to until I put that shit together. It hums perfectly and is a machine.
>>
>>52156205
I run Selesnya Selvala, with white only for tutor, Sun Titan, Norn, and interaction basically. Then I jam in lots of ways to untap my duders and a bunch of overrun shit.
>>
File: 1489280596197.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1489280596197.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>52156286
My lord
Ok Its not just kiki my man its also a pod kiki twin deck running all the untap on enter creatures with enchantment and creature tutors.
The commanders stay in zone and are used to pod 2-3 or 4-5 which gets bot bound krasis and exarch and then kiki. Bruse Tarl sucks I wont deny it and I wish there was a better option but clearly youve never played with thrasios.

It aint just around 1 card my dude. Pod chain and mulitple ways to get different combo pieces.
>>
>>52156335
>Kiki Pod Twin
So why don't you build it RUG with a Commander that's not just dead fucking weight in the Command Zone?

Like, I don't understand why you're using cards that literally only exist for their color and OCCASIONALLY their mana cost, instead of picking a Commander that fucking -does- something, or going all the way wide with 5 color and getting access to Black's tutors?

And I will never stop hating the "THRASIOS IS BROKEN (if you have infinite mana from some completely unrelated combo)" meme. He's the best of the Partner commanders, but that's like being the fastest guy at the Special Olympics.
>>
>>52155992
You want green included to go to stupid nuts combo land. UGx typically though you could go Abzan with Ghave or Karador or even 5c (Child of Alara or whatever, your commander is just there to get you all the shiny mana symbols)

If you just want to, you could slam two or three card infinities until you have a deck and see what colors you got in ~64 cards worth of combo

Here are some in Esper

>Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond/Vizkopa Guildmage
>Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank
>Mike+Trike
>Basalt/Grim Monolith + Power Artifact
>Paradox Engine + Mystic Speculation + You do have 3 goddamn mana in rocks, right?
>Intruder Alarm + Bloodline Keeper/Thraben Doomsayer
>Intruder Alarm + Lich Lord of Unx + Creature Mana
>Stations
>Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron
>>
File: dicks.jpg (842KB, 1179x1953px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.jpg
842KB, 1179x1953px
>>52147442
>>
>>52155604
Gruul player here, Xenagos is way more fun
>>
>>52156141
Thrasios is competitive (mostly with Tymna for colors I think though her draw effect is fine and imo makes her better than Ravos if you're just playing it for colors), and in duel a lot of the partners have made an impact.
>>
>>52156615
Duel Commander is an entirely different animal and you know it.
>>
>>52156141
>ignoring French Commander and Vial's reign of terror
It's fine, everyone ignores French Commander
>>
>>52156751
>everyone ignores French Commander
There's a reason for that.
>>
>>52156751
Probably because it's a completely different format. You might as well be bringing up how <INSERT TERRIBLE EDH CARD HERE> is OP as shit because of Tiny Leaders or Pauper Commander.
>>
>>52156627
Which is why I offered the caveat of a lot of other partners are good in duel on top of Thrasios. Ignoring that, I could tell you that commander isn't a "competitive" format in a way that allows us to easily gauge what partners are and are not "competitive", so making the claim one way or the other on their "competitiveness" is meaningless. I'm not, don't get me wrong, but I could be.
>>
>orders Elesh Norn
>gets Minamo, School at Water's Edge
How often does this happen to you guys?
>>
>>52156787
As someone who plays pauper. Not pauper edh, I applaude your post. I always try to start paper pauper playgroups but people would rather play standard, pauper edh, or tiny leaders. But pauper is boring to these people

They all disgust me
>>
>>52156823
The partners are utter trash. All of them.
>>
>>52156845
I feel the mechanic is trash, not the creatures per say. Vial smasher is absolutely fire on his own, as are thrasios and the others. The mechanic is just a shit way to make more 4 color commanders
>>
>>52156239

I'm really not much into competitive EDH but it's always really cool to read these.
>>
>>52156921
The mechanic is fine, and if it had been the centerpiece of the C16 decks (and there had been Partners with unique/interesting/synergistic abilities), I'd have absolutely loved it. The problem is they made all of them pretty fucking underwhelming and basic to avoid a case of accidentally the format, which leads to almost every not-four-color pair just being a shittier version of an existing choice.

Thrasios is BORDERLINE playable in the 99 (and honestly even then I'm not that impressed with him considering the tools UG already has), and the rest of them are levels of worse between "moderately" and "hilariously". Vial Smasher is almost unplayably terrible.
>>
>>52156969
Is it me, or did they all get some sort of partner tax that bumped their mana cost up 1-2 more then they should have. (Tana the bloodsower seems the most egregious)
Most of the time, if I play a partner and they die, i wont recast them as its not worth the mana.
>>
>>52156845
>All of them.
Thrasios, Triton Hero//Tymna the Weaver is one of the most popular t1 commanders at the moment.
the card advantage and instant win you can get from this combo is insane. If you can't see why I can explain it to you step by step.
>>
>>52157060
A little. Basically, they're less powerful than a "Normal" legendary of that same mana cost would be, because of Partner. It's budgeted into their mana cost the way any other ability is. So yeah, if you're just considering their other abilities and mana cost, they're pretty much all either overcosted, or underpowered for the cost.
>>
>>52156921
The mechanic is brilliant dude. Some small things bug me, like I don't like how it reduces the deck size (and I think this is mostly because I think commander decks as 99 cards + 1 commander, rather than 100 card decks including a commander, which is the correct interpretation) but the mechanic is amazing. The issue will be if they continue supporting it any time soon to give it more depth since their test run commanders were generally not very interesting, least of all powerful (though having an extra card in your hand and 2 guaranteed filled spots on your curve is a subtle but useful bonus on its own regardless of their power level) which is how they tend to handle new mechanics.

As it is there is a lot of depth "technically", but the fact is most of them don't do anything especially strongly or push especially strong in any one direction, so they are mostly just interchangeable. Ikra Shidiqi for example. If you have no counter or sacrifice synergies (the latter is unlikely and you don't really need the former to play Reyhand, but stick with me) you may as well play her if you want BG colors, and she'll do "something", but it's not powerful enough to build around. Bruse does something decently strong, but you don't really "build around" making a dude have double strike and lifelink other than "have a dude that wants to hit things". Some of them do ask for build around, but generally aren't worth it like Akiri, who is stuck because now she's not generically useful OR powerful enough to build around.
>>
>>52156969
>thrasios
>borderline playable
You call this bait?
>>
>>52157100
I honestly don't see how. I've seen people CLAIM that, but I don't remotely believe it, because the decks look like a bunch of U/G Goodstuff with a handful of random combos thrown in. The commanders themselves do not actively contribute to any combos in an interesting way (Thrasios "combos" with infinite mana to draw a bunch of cards, but other things can 'combo' with infinite mana to actually fucking kill someone instead of just being a tertiary piece to dig for your real combo, and Tymna is just really bad draw in colors that already have good non-conditional draw), nor do they interact with each OTHER in an interesting way.

I have yet to see a Thrasio/Tymna deck that would not be improved by trimming one of the colors, focusing the deck, and picking a Commander that actively supports your game-plan.
>>
>>52157125
Paying 4 to Coiling Oracle every turn is solid, I will give that. Saying he's an amazing card because he "combos" with infinite mana in a color combination where infinite mana combos usually ACTUALLY KILL SOMEONE instead of just drawing a lot of cards? Nah.
>>
>>52156828
I once ordered an Evolutionary Leap when they were a dollar.

I received a foil sisay and foil new Gisela. Not sure how that happened.
>>
File: IT BEGINS.jpg (41KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.jpg
41KB, 600x446px
>>52157144
>a Commander that actively supports your game-plan.
thats a slow as fuck way to play commander. Theres a reason why goodstuff commanders have always been the most powerful.
Lets take thrasios//Tymna vs Atraxa.
Atraxa by herself is a body with relevant keywords but needs things to proliferate in order to be of any real value. So lets ask the question How does proliferating actually win you the game? well you can try to win a 4 man game by out valuing everyone with planeswalkers but thats pretty risky and SLOW very very slow. You can take advantage of +1/+1 counters but at that point you may as well play a different commander focused on fatties and you are pretty much playing a timmy deck that gets BTFO'd by WoG like every other casual. Lastly you can go infect which given your deck's devotion to the mechanic will have one of two problems. Either not enough high quality infect cards to go around or just not drawing into infect cards in the first place and even if you do manage to pull the cards that directly put poison counters on players it, once again in like a 8-9 turn clock.
This is bad.

The partners on the other hand give you two things you look for in competitive EDH that is card advantage and wincons.
infinite mana + thrasios = win w/Labman
4 mana for a coil oracle isnt super awesome but its not unplayable especially on a 2 drop that sits in your command zone. You likely will not cast him unless you have the infinite mana however unlike Tymna who you cast to draw a few cards before starting up your deck's natural engine again.
the deck plays very similarly to the old Damia, Sage of Stone doomsday/hermit decks but also is flexible enough to do any number of shells/wincons but mostly wants to generate infinite mana and have more than 1 interaction with labman.
These principles work well in casual as well. card advantage and filtering are such an important thing to have that at a certain point you can win with 6/6 for 6 and card advantage alone.
>>
>>52157158
The thing is that since he turns infinite mana into infinite draw, he's a command zone solution to the "Engine but no payload" problem. You can run one payload in the whole goddamn deck and not worry about where it is, just throw down the engine and then you have it alongside every single piece dedicated to tamper-proofing it.

And unlike, say, Whispers of the Muse (which can serve much the same function except it needs a little blue), you can never permanently get rid of him.
>>
>>52157158
>drawing a lot of cards
>needs infinite mana
>paying 4 to coiling oracle every turn
>casting Tymna
That's not how it works. Hermit Druid is the actual cornerstone of the deck. Can you at least be fucked to look into how a deck you're slamming works?
>>
>>52157352
So explain to me how your minimum four card combo (Thrasios, your minimum 2 card infinite mana, and your win-con) is so good that it's Tier 1 and beats Food Chan Tazri.
>>
>>52157357
Oh, so it's a Scion Hermit Druid deck with shitty commanders. The equivalent of sticking a single Squire into a Food Chain Tazri deck and saying that Squire is a top tier CEDH card.

Okay.
>>
@52157379
You don't deserve a (You) for that kind of argument.
>>
>>52157144
>I haven't seen it therefore it doesn't exist
>people can't possibly be better at magic than me and understand that cards I think are trash are incredibly powerful.
T. Retard

https://youtu.be/-ktctk0XidQ
>>
File: 30503800_p9_master1200.jpg (172KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
30503800_p9_master1200.jpg
172KB, 800x900px
I had to cut a few cards that I really like from this list, namely Copy Artifact, Twincast, Think Twice, Plea for Power, Recoup and Winds of Change. I also have to find some slots to add Mox Diamond, FoW, Time Spiral and Back to Basics

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-17-mizzix/
>>
>>52157462
If your card is 80% "for the colors of the actual combo" and 20% "it turns this random infinite mana engine into a draw engine hurr durr durr" your card is not 'incredibly powerful'.

Thrasios + Tymna is a fucking meme and it'll be dead by summer.
>>
>>52157508
>If your card is 80% "for the colors of the actual combo" and 20% "it turns this random infinite mana engine into a draw engine hurr durr durr"
Damia is literally "draw some cards maybe" and costs 7 mana the first time you cast it and also one of the most powerful commanders in edh
ur bad stop showing how bad you are
>>
>>52141897
Thanks buddy , you are a champion of the me people.
>>
File: 1351693950322.png (20KB, 262x314px) Image search: [Google]
1351693950322.png
20KB, 262x314px
>Playing Karador
>Not drawing any of my self mill, getting rekt by the Oloro player who played a Serra Ascendant turn 1
>Phenax player decides to take pity on me and throws me a Traumatize

No one was spared.
>>
>>52157650
Damia draws you up to 7 new cards a turn with zero input or assistance once she's established, in two of the best three colors for reactively protecting things, and in the color to have Forbid be a goddamned near hard-lock. She's also not remotely close to "one of the most powerful commanders in EDH".

You are extolling a shitty, two-color, easier to kill Phyrexian Arena and a 'draw engine' in the most "oops I win" color combination in the game as 'top tier'. I don't believe that's accurate, especially since you consider Damia top tier.
>>
>>52157784
That was a stupid, stupid Phenax player. Or they needed you in the game to have any hope of bringing down Oloro, either way works
>>
>>52156836
>people would rather play standard, one of the most popular format and a sanctioned one at that, rather than a """serious""" budget format
>people would rather play pauper edh, a casual multiplayer budget format, rather than a """serious""" budget format
Color me surprised
Tiny leaders can go suck a dick as much as pauper though
>>
>>52157808
>up to 7
you see how this isn't always drawing you cards right?
having access to 2 commanders is also very powerful, have you even played with them?
regardless of whether damia is in the top ten most competitive commanders, her ability is one of the most powerful printed on a commander to date.

also forbid is incredibly far from a hardlock even if you are drawing 6 cards a turn.
>>
>>52153788
I am!

I don't have my list, but I can fill you in with the prime points

Run around 50-55 lands , this and snake umbra/ keen sense increases your chances of a blow out. Run plenty of ramp, obviously, and rites of spring.

The combo is zuran orb/storm cauldron, these work nicely with creeping renaissance. Float all mana, bounce all lands to hand, shell with all lands, cast C.R. to return all lands, do it all again then pay 4 for splendid reclamation to put them all back to field

Damage doublers are fun, as well as mana doublers. Seasons past Is great.

Oh, and run lands edge and seismic assault, cause there's a chance of bobo getting fucked up.

Mina and denn, ghost town, and do NOT forget rights of spring and horn of greed

Hope this helps!
>>
>>52157865
Oloro was definitely the strongest deck there, so maybe that's it. But yeah, I don't think he thought that through.
>>
>>52157760
>people care enough to crosspost their thanks
Anon you restored my faith in humanity just a bit.
>>
wtf is canadian highlander
>>
>>52158074
Same as EDH, but everyone wears funny hats. And at least one player is required to speak French and pretend they don't want to play.
>>
>>52157874

>eating this big of a bag of cocks

Pauper doesn't have to be serious. I was more pointing out that at my lgs pauper is dead. While the pseudo pauper formats are way more lively.
>>
>>52158074
100 card singleton, no commander, no banlist.
People made it so they could play with power without actually playing vintage. Also you can play actual archetypes.

It's also 1v1 so there's an expectation of winning so people won't get butt mad when you attempt to do so.

There's elfball craterhoof, storm, tempo, midrange etc.

Is pretty fun, but since EDH players are all casual scrublords who build decks to place their waifu altered commander on a literal pedestal,they can't understand playing a singleton game. I wish highlander took off in the states instead of commander...
>>
>>52157462
That seems like a good setup/channel, though they're playing decks I don't really like. Do those guys ever do more fun/not-competitive decks?
>>
>>52158241
>Do those guys ever do more fun/not-competitive decks?
no thats like asking if anyone ever shows up to play vintage with a standard deck
>>
>>52158205
>no banlist.
there is a restricted list however and you can only have so many restricted cards in a deck. this was people CAN play with power but you are not punished for not using power seeing as cards like Jitte and skullclamp are also considered restricted.
>>
>>52148586
Where is the stranglehold my man?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (173KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
173KB, 1916x1080px
>>52158241
No they're pretty much focused on the competitive crowd. I assume you watch commander vs? If you don't, I imagine that they are probably what you're looking for. They're very fun. #TeamVerde

Too bad they're all faggot redditors and never come on here.

>>52158363
Yes, thank you for bringing that up, I didn't feel like explaining the points list as well.
>>
just in case anyone is interested in the Highlander points list
maximum 10 points for a 100 card deck
Ancestral Recall – 5
Balance – 1
Birthing Pod – 3
Black Lotus – 7
Demonic Tutor – 4
Dig Through Time – 1
Doomsday -2
Enlightened Tutor – 2
Fastbond – 1
Flash – 6
Gifts Ungiven – 1
Hermit Druid – 4
Imperial Seal – 2
Intuition – 1
Library of Alexandria – 1
Lim-Dul’s Vault – 1
Mana Crypt – 2
Mana Vault – 1
Mind Twist – 1
Mox Emerald – 3
Mox Jet – 3
Mox Pearl – 3
Mox Ruby – 3
Mox Sapphire – 3
Mystical Tutor – 2
Natural Order – 5
Oath of Druids – 1
Personal Tutor – 1
Protean Hulk – 3
Sol Ring – 4
Stoneforge Mystic – 1
Strip Mine – 2
Summoner’s Pact – 2
Survival of the Fittest – 2
Tainted Pact – 1
Time Vault – 7
Time Walk – 5
Tinker – 5
Tolarian Academy – 1
Transmute Artifact – 1
Treasure Cruise – 1
True-Name Nemesis – 1
Umezawa’s Jitte – 2
Vampiric Tutor – 3
Changes from January 2nd 2017
Time Walk 4 -> 5
Strip Mine 3 -> 2
Transmute Artifact 2 -> 1
>>
>>52158391
Ye I used to watch Vs. when it was McDarby and West, Parnell & Cia. are too cringey for my tastes.
>>
>>52158467
>McDarby
he made the videos way more fun
>>
File: xhaVWWA.jpg (56KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
xhaVWWA.jpg
56KB, 540x960px
I am pretty much playing this proosh list without the $100+ cards (I have the dual lands though). What do you guys think?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-16-food-chain-prossh/
>>
>>52158391
I might have watched this more if i wasn't so fond of the old duo. Parnell in particular just seems alot less likable to me, a bit of a prat
>>
>>52158484
Yeah, and he understood what makes EDH fun. There's a video were he's playing one of the Parnell's team, his Melek I think vs a Varolz Infect deck and Varolz wins very anti-climatically and that kinda upsets him and he talks about how me made that deck to reprent artifacts of MtG's history and shit (but it wasn't a weak deck, quite strong actually) but the Varolz guy just rushed to 10 infect without any interest in making the game fun.

Also the banter with West was great, cheat count and jokes about gifts he gave West and Elesh Norn every turn et cetera...
>>
>>52157926
Thanks dawg this sounds fucking tight

I have a Gruul deck in Wort but I'm super tempted to give Angry Bobo a try
>>
>>52158467
>>52158484
McDarby and West made this watchable.
>>
File: d'arby.jpg (28KB, 308x242px) Image search: [Google]
d'arby.jpg
28KB, 308x242px
>>52158484
DArby is a filthy cheater
>>
>>52158499
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-16-food-chain-prossh/
>Gatecreeper Vine
you are better off building your own prossh food chain list and I bet your list will be significantly better than this one.
EDH is a format where you never NEED to netdeck
>>
>>52158543
Scouting Trek is Secret tech with the two "draw a card" auras - stack the top of the deck with all your basics, and fire away.
>>
>>52158559
I agree. The deck aims to win turn 4-5 at the same turn food chain comes into play. It can exile the vine for 3 mana and go off from there. It's not too bad.
>>
>>52158583
thats true with any 2 drop
>>
>>52158603
Yeah true. I think it's also good to be able to get basics. Not a great card in this deck, but it's kinda necessary.
>>
>>52158703
>kinda necessary
no its not.
it would probably do you a world of good to build your own prossh list desu it will teach you about card selection real fast.
>>
>>52157922
>having access to 2 commanders is also very powerful, have you even played with them?
In theory, yes.

In practice when the majority of them are overcosted underpowered bullshit and your 2 commanders together accomplish less than existing choices can do as one card? Not so much.
>>
File: nmS4GBEw_400x400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nmS4GBEw_400x400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>52158391
Suarez - Calm, collected, level-headed bro. Knows how to play and can play politics while still keeping it fun. 9/10

Green - Not afraid to wallow in filthy jank, but knows when it's time to win the game. Bro-tier. 8.5/10

Wise - Faggot waifu with a good sense of humor and great taste in decks. A little bit too much of a clown. But seldom not happy to have in my playgroup. 7/10

Parnell - Whiner, plain and simple. Wines about card choices, wines about attacks. Smug as fuck when in the lead/with a dominate board position, crybaby when anyone does anything to him or his combos. Pure garbage, play with only when there's nobody around. 2/10

New additions-
Jeremy Noell - Decent bro. Has a nice deep understanding of Magic and politics. Perfect role-player at any table, but unexciting. 6/10

>>52158539
You should give it another go, desu-fampai.
>>
>>52158859
>Smug as fuck when in the lead/with a dominate board position, crybaby when anyone does anything to him or his combos.
There's so many people like this in my area and it makes games fucking misery
>>
>>52158896
Same ... I ended up building a deck that fucks with everyone at once just so he can't complain about me specifically targeting him which didn't work, fucker still complains when I board wipe ffs
>>
>>52158859
>Suarez - Noticably bored, held back by the jank of everyone else
>Green - bad at remembering triggers but a likable enough guy, partially the reason the team is mired in sub 75% casual muck.
>Wise - Faggot but at least tried.
>Parnell - kinda bad at the game but likable enough. He's another reason why deckbuilding is restricted to either cards that they want to push or that are easy to play.
>New additions-
>Jeremy Noell - kinda shitty but whatever probably a better deck builder than Green and Parnell
>>
>>52158939
The collective "he" I guess I was actually referring to ...
>>
>>52158961
>Parnell
>likeable enough
nope
>>
so since we all agree that the SSG fags are all noobs and suck at building/playing edh
how do we feel about the people playing bad edh over at mtg goldfish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3HI1CGoLHk
>>
File: mail.jpg (2MB, 2987x3975px) Image search: [Google]
mail.jpg
2MB, 2987x3975px
what did yall get in the mail today /edhg/?
>>
>>52159072
My order from last week that was diverted to Guam. From Tennessee. Fucking

GUAM

Fuck the usps
>>
>>52159125
>GUAM
dude
how?
>>
>>52159072
Nothing yet. Waiting to order until my friend sends me a list of his commanders. I owe him $30 and he wants me to buy him cards instead of just giving him cash
>>
>>52159072
>>52156828 was getting Elesh for 8.5 tails
>>
>>52158896
A good friend of mine was dating a chick he taught to play mtg

>big mistake

She thought he would always be there to gangfuck the rest of the table with their broken decks.

>big mistake

Everyone including her boyfriend gangfucked her instead for even suggesting doing that.
She gets pissed and goes outside to vape

>same bitch, different game without her boyfriend.
Game was new kozilek and old kozilek (her and some other dude) elves (gf) sen triplets (me)
Tried to get the other kozilek deck to team on her and I, he wasn't producing anything relevant so everyone smashes the whiny bitch anyways

>mad af and went to vape again
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-13-15-08-30.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-13-15-08-30.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>52159027
>>52158961
>hey guys you mind if I catch a game of commander?

>>52159065
Even worse faggot casuals with more annoying voices and worse production values. Would not invite any to play with my group except Seth, just because he's a decent deckbuilder.
>>
>>52159146
Sharing your hobby with your SO isn't inherently a mistake. The mistake is when the SO in question is very clearly just humoring the Magic player, and visibly does not want to play, and they don't get it. I taught an ex of mine to play EDH, and she thought it was fun, but she also didn't like "game store" crowds. So we'd occasionally play together, but I wasn't stupid enough to drag her along with me.
>>
>>52159072
There are some Karakuris and other stuff for a Symphonic Warriors deck coming up. No MtG though, I'm waiting on MM17 to pick up some stuff in english and standardize my decks languages, maybe new additions to Jeleva to fasten her
>>
>>52159168
She wanted to play, but by play she meant that "I don't want to build decks, play cards or learn rules, I want SO to do these things for me right before I pass turn to him.

He left her after he chose bros before hoes
>>
>>52159168
Also my girlfriend loves magic, game store crowds used to bug her but she is used to it now.
>>
>>52159217
I hope he left her for other reasons. You don't have to share every hobby.
>>
>>52159233
I honestly can't really fault her dislike for game store crowds. I didn't understand it when she told me about it, but I rapidly saw why she wanted nothing to do with the local shop and never pressed the issue again.
>>
>>52159233
>game store crowds
99% of the reason I would rather play on MTGO despite it being the worst game ever coded
>>
File: 1459410856091.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1459410856091.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>52158896

>Get targeted by this stax guy all game
>He says with smugness "next turn you're dead"
>I'm actually dead no matter what
>Attacks me with his shit
>Fuck it
>Fuck his Stasis in my last breath play with Krosan Grip, he can't counter it
>mfw before leaving
>He loses against elfball player he had completely tapped before that
>After game
>"WTF BRO WHY DID YOU JUST PLAY AGAINST ME, I LOST CUZ OF YOU"

Smug when winning, salty when losing are preety annoying, but I wouldn't change that salt for anything in the world
>>
File: 12-03-17-atraxa.png (232KB, 600x1407px) Image search: [Google]
12-03-17-atraxa.png
232KB, 600x1407px
Can I get some advice here on what to do for the early game? The main idea is to win with Voltron damage or ramp for Helix Pinnacle.
>>
>>52159152
The Commandeer play in that video was funny af and I would totally play with them just because of that.

I would've done it too, just for laughs and that sweet sweet ramp
>>
>>52159200
Karakuri are pretty fun, but I mostly played dark world, since before fabled or the stucture deck.
>>
>>52159279
TAPPED OUT
A
P
P
E
D

O
U
T
>>
>>52159320
I played DW before, fun deck as well.

I kinda wish MtG had more of a self-discard theme to build aside Hellbent Malfegor.

>>52159279
Advise #1: Post tappedout link
>>
>>52159348
Sorry, m8. Thought it might be easier to export the image.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-03-17-atraxa/
>>
>>52159200
I got Cubics coming in the mail. tfw 1 foolish burial goods is worth most of the cubic shit

>>52159072
Waiting on my Memetier shit to come in, Mono Black Eldrazi Aggro. Scouting out shit for next month's magic buy in, probably finishing my Arjun and Trostani decks and fleshing out a GB deck (probably vhati)
>>
>>52159421
The problem with doing it as an image is that you can't mouse over the card to see what it is.
>>
>>52159425
I play U.A.s as well. Living is suffering.

Post Arjun list?
>>
>>52159448
The last time I played Yugioh, I had an Aliens deck.
>>
>>52157495
>tfw nobody commented on this
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-143433.png (240KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-143433.png
240KB, 1080x1920px
>>52159131
No clue. Pic is list of what is coming in for all types of decks, the bulk of which are for kt deck so wife can join in on games.

>>52159266
My LGS isn't bad but it's the Weiss, ygo and Pokemon players that creep the shit out of me enough to not take her with. At least we have my friends
>>
File: braidoffire.hq.jpg (194KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
braidoffire.hq.jpg
194KB, 480x680px
why aren't you playing this card in your deck? whats the matter, don't like bathing in red mana?
>>
>>52159240
He probably did, but she was a massive cunt to him and the playgroup. Especially at the lgs. Which where I am from is a family store, lots of young ones learning mtg and other games. She didn't get that it was that kind of environment and got them both banned from the lgs (he came back after he dumped her though)
>>
>>52155817
ty for the advice

>>52155676
im not into land loss, but yeah, people would love me for bringing diversity for the metas
>>
>>52159252
Mine especially, but mine was more her own issues than others causing them. Social anxieties and whatnot
>>
>>52159604
Ah, yeah. For mine it was the issue of a bunch of shitlord NEETs who had no idea how to behave themselves. 20 year olds using "that's gay" as an insult, casually joking about rape, and whenever any female over the age of like, 13 was to come into the store they'd leer at her like a piece of meat (or super awkwardly hit on her until she left, visibly uncomfortable).
>>
File: 1417038373915.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1417038373915.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>52156602
>that sheer amount of precon commanders
>>
File: 11.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
New thread when?
>>
>>52159568
Because it's a shit card. Give me one (1) good reason to play it.
>>
File: Captura.jpg (88KB, 564x749px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
88KB, 564x749px
>>52159072

Geist is for modern, sadly. I'd love to have a deck to put him in
>>
>>52159027
>likes McDarby
>the weeaboo blue player who masturbates to counterspells and porn of Jace
>but hates Parnell
>>
>>52159568
I mean, I guess it's OK for a massive Comet Storm or any other gigantic X cost red instant. Or things with flash. But it's not great otherwise.
>>
>>52159685

Interestingly enough only Kaalia, Yidris and Ezuri are from precons. Mizzix started as a different deck with her in the 99 and Daxos was a fucking mistake
>>
>>52159830
Parnell has no charisma. And yeah, McDarby wacks it to Jace but at least not while he recorded the Vs. series, and he had good interaction with West.
>>
>>52159823
At least you should've got any of the older Memnarchs. The new border and the flavor text are horrendous
>>
>>52159850

the foiling blinded me, sadly.
>>
File: meren.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
meren.png
128KB, 223x311px
Thinking about making a golgari deck, is Meren the best choice or are there other good options?
>>
File: Upwelling_10E.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Upwelling_10E.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>52159840
>he doesn't play Upwelling in every deck
>>52159870
I can get behind that. It happened to me too, but I got the whole box for affordable price and I already own both printings of him before that. I'm still waiting for the original foil to pop in at my LGS so I can buy it.
>>
>>52159900
She's a fun base but people will hate fuck her yard. Jarad and math are viable but it's all in what you want to do
>>
>>52159987
Nath*
>>
File: 227.jpg (57KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
57KB, 336x469px
>>52159900
>>
>>52159900
Glissa, Jarad, Mazirek, Meren, Nath, Reyhan, Savra, Skullbriar, Gitfrog and Varolz are all pretty good commanders. Sapling is good too but other than being indestructible and occasional draw he doesn't do much.
I feel like Golgari is anti-shafted when it comes to commanders. At least that guild has probably the biggest amount of good/playable commanders.
>>
>>52159849
West was the real star of the OG VS series. Pity he got cancer. Hope he's doing okay.
>>
>>52154634
Your other friends are fags and you sound like a fag for not defending your brother in law.
>>
File: Necropotence_IA.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Necropotence_IA.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>52160137
Stop necroposting
>>
File: triggered.jpg (20KB, 261x91px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
20KB, 261x91px
>>52160029
>Sapling
>He
>>
>>52160233
Okay, 'it' then
>>
>>52160193
Never
>>
>>52160270
>Her plans may yet bear fruit
>>
>>52160356
It refers to MaRo before his hormone therapy.
>>
>>52159448

Arjun list? ;^)

Still working on it
>>
>>52159568

>Cumulative upkeep

It's shit
>>
>>52152159
>Wanted to try a more control-heavy deck than my Melek Spellslinger list
>Threw together a list loosely based off of this, but with more artifact ramp
>Leyline of Anticipation, Ancient Tomb and a pile of rocks in opener
>Win turn 5 after casting Niv Mizzle eot and untapping with Curiosity
>With Merchant Scroll backup to find Pact
>Opponents (Atraxa superfriends and Scion) gets absolutely livid
>Mfw they let me sit there and ramp for 4 turns and then were surprised when they lost.

>>52156270
Also answer my question famalam.
>>
>>52160014

That's fucking crazy
>>
Give me reasons as to why Paradox Engine doesn't need to be banned. Gotta settle an argument, and simply stating it does nothing without setup isn't enough for this person.
>>
File: 1423264665959s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1423264665959s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>52160526
>he's just now learning that Skullbriar exists
>>
Holly fuck, New thread when?
>>
>>52160501
>I didn't read the card.

>>52160556
>Costs 5
>Massive deckbuilding cost
>Combo turn has stability issues
>Combo typically starts to fire at sorcery speed, so Shatter can still take it out
>Seriously, it costs 5 for that piece alone, which unless you set up like a mofo or have cheerios tech means you may even have to untap with it.
>There are like a million more degenerate engines
>Like Intruder Alarm
>Seriously, they are comparable.
>>
>>52160609
Here, god damn you lazy assbag

>>52160659
>>52160659
>>52160659
>>
>>52159279
>play 4 lands
>play atraxa
>win
>>
>>52159568
>can only use the mana in your upkeep

Trash unless you have a commander with a repeatable ability
>>
>>52159900
She is one of the more popular ones due to being solid
>>
>>52157365
>He doesn't realize that food chain tazri is also a four card combo.

Holy shit you are so bad. At least recognize why tazri is so good, and that's because of it letting you exile half your combo and still being able to cast it, opening up absurd tutors that treat that as a downside.

A combo piece being in the command zone doesn't really count as a card you have to find, it reduces your combo count.
>>
>>52159065
Super fun, I miss Jake a little though. Blowouts are amazing.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.