[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 62

File: 56213875_p0.png (1MB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
56213875_p0.png
1MB, 1000x1333px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have any of your characters had cute maids? Been cute maids?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>51994052
>>
>>52001898
I hope this OP gets deleted
>>
So what are the best options from Chimera Soul? I'm looking primarily at the boosts here. Any suggestions?
>>
Can I get a screenshot of the Ascetic mystery from Villain Codex? It isn't on pfsrd or archives.
>>
File: Lord_Darion_Mograine.jpg (55KB, 499x567px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Darion_Mograine.jpg
55KB, 499x567px
>>52001898
No.

Maids are for the living.
>>
i'ma port this post over >>52001851

>>52001806
>I mean playing a ratfolk as a strength warlord is pretty bad
>My point buy after racials looks like
>16/10/12/10/7/16. thats an 18 point normal PB without racials.
>I also don't like all the crud piled onto the vanguard commander warlord, (i don't like that I'll likely be locked out of Defensive Prowess quite a bit since i want to use Piercing Thunder stances), and Daring Defense is harder for me to dump Dex for
>Maybe I can suck my DM's dick and get Defensive Prowess to Piercing Thunder stances.
>>
File: 943456_orig.png (584KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
943456_orig.png
584KB, 1024x768px
>>52001972
>he doesn't have an undead maid
Everyone point at this guy and laugh!
>>
>>52001898
>Have any of your characters had cute maids? Been cute maids?
My character actually did. He has a number of servants in fact. The character however was a noble and was currently courting and would not have risked the possibility of a scandal with a maid. He was looking to marry into the continent's military power.
>>
>Hidden blade rogue has some damn cool flavor to the character
>Want to build a str based character with little to no dex while still enjoying sneak attacks and high skill point count
>>
File: maid 21.png (1MB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
maid 21.png
1MB, 1600x1920px
>>52001898
My character is currently disguising as a maid to infiltrate an Evil Citadel and prepare it for the assault of Combined Forces of Good. It's not in Pathfinder, though. Pic related.
>>
>>52002056
I love the way she draws her weapon but golly gee is she fucking useless.
>>
>>52001898
I wanted to play an Elderly butler character in Taldor ascendant but that game seems like its not going to launch so maybe someday.
>>
>>52001989
i can get a much better point buy as a Svetocher

i don't mind a race that isn't perfect, but a race that has a bunch of minuses and no bonuses is just stupid

I have a character idea anyways for the Svetocher. Svetocher Warlord seems fun.
>>
>>52002085
Please do it man. At least make me feel like I wasn't the nail in that game's coffin.
>>
File: Full_Injured_Felicia.png (1MB, 1684x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Injured_Felicia.png
1MB, 1684x1920px
>>52002069

She has a good English voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s_osmM7wW8
>>
>>52001940
Updated with a response that better answers your question with clarification.
>>
>>52002069
I have never played any Fire Emblem so i wouldn't know. My co-player provided this picture as an example for maid uniforms used by the citadel and I loved it. That zettai ryouiki is just spot on.
>>
>>52002093
I'd rather save the character for a valid game. Reposting a character seems like really bad form and I'm already about to do a repost on one other game which is something I'd like to limit to once in my career.
>>
I'm planning on creating a train-based adventure for the PCs. About 4-8 sessions worth, as part of a bigger campaign. Partially because fantasy-locomotives look fucking cool to me, and partially because of the "railroading" jokes.
Some of the (possible) themes and overarching plots would include the smuggling of goods (weapons, drugs, plague-virus, etc.), the sudden rise of tech-level in the world, and maybe a "Murder on the Orient Express"-kind-of deal.

Are there any adventures/modules out there that I could use to draw some more inspiration from? Homebrew is fine.
>>
>tfw designing dwarf for Dragons 2 game
>tfw traditionalist dwarf
>tfw wear massive amounts of heavy clothing that covers entire body
>tfw take Surface Survivalist so I don't have to worry about overheating in the hot climate with all my clothing
>Surface Survivalist: Some dwarves have dwelt so long above ground they have lost their ability to see at night. However, their adaptation to extreme environments allows them to treat wind conditions (when determining whether or not they are checked or blown away) and either hot or cold climates (choose one) as one step less severe.

I have a feeling I'll be out of place among the applicants.
>>
File: 61350906_p0.jpg (2MB, 2502x1934px) Image search: [Google]
61350906_p0.jpg
2MB, 2502x1934px
>>52002056
>>52002119
Do you have trouble?
>>
>>52002140
A quick search gives me "No Ticket" a module for Eberron. It might be adaptable.
>>
File: immer-jellyface.jpg (744KB, 816x1035px) Image search: [Google]
immer-jellyface.jpg
744KB, 816x1035px
I notice something of a theme among some of my characters
>frightening either in appearance or mannerism
>ungodly powerful
>possibly monstrous
>is actually pretty nice, or just doesn't know any better
I guess I just enjoy subverting people's expectations.
>>
>>52002214
I have had it pointed out to me that most of my characters have severe issues with their father. I can't understand why as I have a great relationship with my dad.
>>
>>52002157
There are plenty of non-sluts. The Strix and the horned girl in mostly full plate.
>>
>>52002157
Dwarves and monstrous males are kind of underplayed in this style of game, I've known a lot of girls or guys that play girls who liked that kind of erotic fantasy. World of Warcraft is pretty strong evidence of what mileage someone can get.
>>
>>52002041
Brutal Slayer Gestalt or Prodigious TWF. Sucks to lose one of the main selling points, but that's what you get I guess.
>>
>>52002140
What about abandoning the tech side of things and making it an interplanar locomotive?

That way you can expose your players to all sorts of cool locations everytime the train makes a stop.

Possible encounters also include:
>Not!Gellar field failure which leads to the magic train getting boarded by outsiders, which could sometimes range from friendly hitchhikers and merchants spirited away style to hostile demons, qlippoth and proteans
>Mysterious conductor NPC telling the players that the train needs to stop by the train graveyard for spare parts. Its the corpse of a dead god infested with undead and parasites
>/x/ tier random encounters where the tracks lead them to surreal locations
>>
>>52002265
I'm already going gestalt with a wizard and I can't pair it with a full initiator.
>>
>>52002256
I'm mostly there for adventure because I like the relationship between Dwarves and Dragons. Especially from the perspective of a long lived race like a dwarf and an even longer lived race like a dragon having known each other for most of their lives.
>>
>>52002187
What do you mean?
>>
>>52002256
I wonder if my tiefling counts as monsterous male, or if I made him too smol...
>>
File: 61210087_p1_master1200.jpg (215KB, 674x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61210087_p1_master1200.jpg
215KB, 674x1200px
>>52002315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpSgtoSSIgM
>>
>>52002278
Might be cool, but I've already promised my players a tech-based adventure. We've played a classic "enter the dungeon, stop the wizard" first, then a magic-only adventure, and when I said I had something tech-based planned they jumped on it immediately.
I will definitely use the idea of the dead god for a next adventure though. And I can probably find some way to enable the plane-shifting hitch-hikers, since one of the recurring villains they have met specialized in summoning such creatures.

>>52002204
I found that book during a search, but I can not find any info on it aside from the blurb.
>>
>>52002227
And I'm not exactly a social pariah or anything like that. I just think it's an interesting theme is all.
>>
>>52002367
Can't figure out how to download it and I have to leave soon, but here's a link
http://www.docsford.com/document/5233499
>>
>>52002419
Wait, what the fuck? I'm going back to the monastery, my Google-fu is weaker than I thought.
Thanks.
>>
>>52002098
Thanks. I appreciate it.
>>
Is there any resource, third party or otherwise, for vigilante race specific favored class bonuses?
>>
>>52002365
Oh, so that's a meme tied to that Treehouse shitstorm. Ok.

Her voice is ok.
>>
>>52002460
No, her voice is great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s_osmM7wW8
>>
I want to marry a Drow!
>>
The most recent applicant to Dragon Game 2 worships the Daemonic Goddess of Basements.
>>
So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm9P1QsoGhw

I want to use this as my Shifter's theme song!
>>
>>52002508
why
>>
>>52002568

She's a NEET!

You die if you work!
>>
>>52002585

Exotic skin and hair colors, very dangerous, and typically have amazing figures?
>>
>>52002508
I want to marry a anon!

Please post >yfw according to multiverse theory there's a qt drow posting on Shadow Shadow Bo Badow net about how she wants to marry an anon.
>>
>>52002626
>very dangerous
Spiders living in the cooch don't really warrant something as mild as "very dangerous".
>>
File: Nolan.png (55KB, 314x541px) Image search: [Google]
Nolan.png
55KB, 314x541px
>>52002648
>>
>>52002657

Sounds kinky, it's like shagging a warm, wet bean bag!
>>
File: laughing death.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughing death.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>52002508
>marrying anything

No.
>>
>>52002648
>Anon are a shitty race variant only played by assholes or people who think they're cool playing a subversive anon
>Alternate /tg/ is the only gaming community that loves them
>>
>Aurora's Official Theme
>it's not John Cena's theme
I don't have an Into the Trash It Goes gif that accurately reflects how into the trash Aurora is.
>>
>>52002781
>Implying I would be nearly so brazen as to imply that Aurora is on the same level as John Cena.

Man she's good but she's not THAT good.
>>
>tfw in my setting there is no sun
>the world is cold and dark
>light and heat are the biggest commodities
>the world is only kept alive by magic
>the darkness is sapient and malicious
>numerous things live in the dark, malevolent intelligences

Would you try and push back the hungering darkness?
>>
File: 1485744929062.jpg (35KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1485744929062.jpg
35KB, 310x310px
>>52002781
Why are half the apps to Dragon 2 some kind of spunky fisticuffs brawler girl?
>>
>statline of 18/10/10/14/10/16

not having a dump stat feels strange
>>
>>52002781
Hey, Bayonetta songs are still pretty good ok?
>>
>>52002811

Do you also respawn at bonfires? Or do you need to make a contract in order to do that? /人 ‿‿ 人\
>>
>>52002831
Because that's the kind of girl we all want to love, marry, and raise a family with.
>>
>>52002831
Because most anons secretly desire a sporty type girl who'll whip them into shape and better their lives.
>>
In dragons game should I suffer through having a 17 in one of my stats until level 4 in order to get some sweet extra points to play around with?
>>
>>52002854
>fly me to the moon
>repeated until you want to puke
>>
>>52002831
what is dragon 2 anyways
>>
>Stat spread for dragon 2
>10/18/14/14/14/7

Time to be ugly.
>>
>>52002875
You start at level 3 or something anyway. You can handle one level like a grownup.
>>
>>52002831
Pretty sure I saw it said that SwimmingEagle wants this to be a more martial party.
>>
>>52002811
Only if you let me play an agent of the dark who at first tries to sabotage the party's effort but is eventually won over by themlightnand warmth of the party or one particular party member and betrays the darkness to work for the light and the one who made him feel warm for the first time.
>>
File: IsItSoWrong.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
IsItSoWrong.png
322KB, 591x716px
>>52002831
Because I like spunky fisticuffs brawler girls!

On a more serious note, it's probably because weapons feel less dragon-y than unarmed fighting.
>>
Here are the current SoP playtests - Time has been pulled from playtest.

Creation Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52002861

Really? I want to marry the sassy witch.
>>
>>52002939

>Everyone plays dragon-y brawlers
>Someone makes a lightning-based spear using human.
>>
>>52002858
>no light/head
>evil shadows
>first thing you think is darksouls
Darksouls doesn't even fit the description. Even Darksouls 3.

>>52002930
So the setting has no pathfinder races save for human.

There is a human subrace for those who are infected with parasitic darkness. These people have no soft palette in their mouths, the darkness lives in the enlarged cavity of sinuses and mouth.
>>
>>52002982
But the only witch app to Dragongame is a know-it-all bird lady (male).
>>
File: FF15 - El Rey Nocto.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FF15 - El Rey Nocto.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>52002811
Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxn9ghud00
>>
>>52003007
That sounds acceptable to me. If someone was infected by the parasite darkness, are they obvious to others? If not, what is generally required to remove the darkness parasite? Could it be done via willpower of the host alone or boosted with the aid of another?
>>
>>52003006
Fuck.
>>
>>52003007
>These people have no soft palette in their mouths, the darkness lives in the enlarged cavity of sinuses and mouth.

This sounds like it would reduce blowjob quality.
>>
So is anyone going to run with that ERP setting from a few threads ago? The monster rape one.
>>
>>52002981
Well, the Mind book looks like garbage and with little interesting.
>>
File: code_red.png (378KB, 804x514px) Image search: [Google]
code_red.png
378KB, 804x514px
>>52003170
the what
>>
>>52003082

It could be less "Ornstein" and more "Nameless King!"

They could ride one of the dragon girls! Ride them rough!
>>
>>52003006
i already wanna make that..
>>
no seriously whats Dragon 2
>>
>>52003204
>One anon started shitposting about caving and making ERP settings
>Second anon came in with exactly that except none of the kink was present in the setting document
>Perfectly normal dark fantasy with the implication of corruption via monster rape
>lots of anons saying they were interested and wanted to play it
>the poster killed himself because no one will ever partake in his piss fetish
>>
>>52003232

Too late, I'm making it!
>>
>>52003237
It ran as a PBP for some time before dying.
>>
>>52003247
>>52003232
Well we've got like four or five brawlers with similar schticks, you could just both make one. Hell, make one a man and one a woman.

Go jousting to see who tops.
>>
>>52003270
well first i'd have to know what the fuck dragon2 is and what the char gen rules are
>>
>>52003074
Generally the way you can tell is because people who are infected have a distinctive voice pattern due to the lack of a soft palette.

It really depends on where you are from as to what people do with you when discovered. The most common practice is to be sectioned off into what amounts to a leper colony. However it can vary from everything to execution to worship. People with the parasite are uncommon as most of the time if you go into the darkness you just die.

The only races are ones that were either created by humans or are offshoots of humans. Most of the human subraces can interbreed. The human creations depend, some are mules and have no ancestral lineage. Some live.

The most common are the Extara Barnacles. They grow are bioluminescent colonies in deep crevices. They are aware while growing. Colonies produce members that are amorphous flesh. The entire fleshy body is prehensile and controllable. Their external organs are a single one use orifice and and a multipurpose nerve bundle. The nerve bundle detects light/heat/sound. They communicate by attaching their nerve bundles to another's. You'll have several of the extara doing so to have a group conversation.

The extara were originally created by man in an attempt to recolonize the darkness. It failed however as their colonies do not produce enough light and heat to sustain anything but themselves. What remains of them are simply what their creators decided not to get rid of.
>>
>>52003237

I think I remember that one.
I was even okay with the spoiler but I just didn't like transformation-corruption as the major theme
>>
>>52003087
Or improve it beyond measure!

>insert pengus into mouth
>parasite envelops donger
>as it sucks and drains the light and warmth from your body, it also stimulates your unit
>each ejactulation shoots more of your warmth into the parasite
>each time feels more intense and mind breaking than the last
>you can't help but fill his mouth with your spunk, until all the light has been drained from your body
>>
>>52003278
I think it'll be funnier at this point if nobody actually posts a link and everyone stays vague about it forever.
>>
>>52003288
That's not cute, that's not sexy. What the fuck why would someone play something like that.
>>
Welp, checking over the apps for Dragon 2

Rory was originally a Brutal Slayer Stalker//Beastmind Shifter. I'm debating changing over to Aurora Soul Mystic so I can be more punchy and also have more fun. There's like five folks going Brutal Slayer!
>>
>>52003293
I can assure you, the way it was originally ran, the major theme was ryona and saving or failing to cute girls from monster rape. Also haughty noblewomen.

The corruption only manifested as a meter (the rules are still at the bottom) that when tipped over caused a temporary madness that would either cause berserker rage or addled lust or confused wandering depending on the circumstances (obviously it was lust if the scene lended itself to lewd)

The transformations were side effects of getting in over your head, kind of a toss up in being useful, could only happen during mind break.

Think what Corruption of Champions used to present itself as before furries.
>>
A BRIEF VIEW INTO MY MIND

>Lets totally just do str warlord with a moroi born dhampir
>ugh this is too good
>these stats are too good

10 minutes later

>dex based ratfolk warlord

Fuckit i'm doing it, at least i can benefit from small sized weights.
>>
>>52003350
I know right! I went with it because my whole build and concept is predicated on HUGE STRENGTH but everyone's taking it. I'm considering swapping it out and maybe just going Unchained Barbarian or something.
>>
>>52003365
I played a Svetocher recently and man, that positive energy weakness hurt waaaaaay more than I thought it would. I knew it'd be painful going on, but the rest of your features being fucking stacked don't make up for it in a normal game.
>>
>>52003356
>>52003293
>>52003237
>>52003204
>>52003170
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12_tf_a7_Jz2sZ4lqnztTI73-MkEDdBsvSklt2Tjm_lg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52003356
>Think what Corruption of Champions used to present itself as before furries.
But the horse and dog potions were the first items in the game's early builds.
>>
>tfw I'm probably the only dragon2 app that's not a punchy tomboy gril or a brutal slayer.
>>
>>52003415
The diva? She's pretty cool. I'd hit that.
>>
File: 1477713633757.png (220KB, 414x356px) Image search: [Google]
1477713633757.png
220KB, 414x356px
>>52003415
1/3rd of the apps are Brutal Slayer punchy tomboy girls.
>>
I've never played a paladin before, and I'm looking to make one for the first time ever.

Standard Paladin, Human, 1st level, 20 point buy, melee combatant

What kind stat distribution should I be looking for? I know that strength, con, and charisma is important (wis helps too). I'm not looking to min-max, just develop a solid character.

For feats, I'm looking at power attack. I don't know what else to pick. The +5 ft movement speed appeals to me.
>>
>>52003425

Why can't we all hit that? She looks like she's built for three!
>>
>>52003415
I'm submitting mine tonight once SwimmingEagle replies to me about dwarves.

Time for dwarfkind!

I am going to still be melee, however I'm going to be Dex/Int rather than Str/Cha.
>>
>>52003373
>>52003425
Yeah! I think I'm gonna play up Rory's whole "magic shapeshifter thing" and go with Aurora Soul Mystic so that I can be a MAGIC KUNG FU DOG.
>>
>>52003449
And now I'm tempted to go back and change from a house-husband to a cartoony jokester.
Dat reference pic yo
>>
>>52003415
Not the only one, anon.
>>
File: 1434898981569.jpg (120KB, 555x921px) Image search: [Google]
1434898981569.jpg
120KB, 555x921px
>>52001898
No, and no.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/downtime/#TOC-Teams
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/barmaid/
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-3/barmaid-human-commoner-5/

Paizo only has stats on barmaids, not regular maids.

I've never had PCs who stayed around long enough in one place to be a maid.
>>
>>52003442
Is human strictly required? If not, Angel-kin Aasimar are almost as good as humans at being paladins.
>>
>>52003468

Jessica Rabbit and Fifi from Beauty and the Beast were some very interesting figures for my child brain.
>>
>>52003007
It made me think more of Don't Starve.

Except it's always night.
>>
>>52003403
Yeah i've just accepted that i'm a furfag
>>
>>52003500

No Aasimar, at the very least.
>>
>>52003499

Just be the maid of a party member, or the group as a whole!
>>
>>52003507
Hmmm...but I've been pretty desperate to play a puncher...maybe I'll add some "make 'em laugh" schtick to Ulfric's public facade to make him less bland.
>>
>>52003455

I answered your question on the LFG
>>
File: 1481242947563.jpg (144KB, 449x743px) Image search: [Google]
1481242947563.jpg
144KB, 449x743px
>>52003499

honey close your skirt, you look like a prostitute. And not the good kind.
>>
>Gnome party member casts Speak to Animals then yells into a badger hole
>Pissed off badger walks out of hole and starts yelling at us for being assholes and interrupting him and his wife in the middle of fucking for the first time in a year
>tfw cockblocked a badger
>Party moves on to a different hole and tries again
>Hear a voice yell "What kind of asshole just barges into a guy's house?"
>Party moves on and finds a random badger that's alone in his hole and cracked out on shrooms
>Promises to help the party if we bring his drugs
>Half-beholder Sandbender (GM Fiat) party member glides in front on the party and makes a drug deal with the badger
>Badger helps us then promptly OD's
>The party just cockblocked a badger, pissed off quite a few others, and did a drug deal that ends in our favour
>In the span of 5 mins
>mfw
>>
>>52003405
Where is the actual chargen/game time/etc stuff
>>
>tfw you didn't make a meme character in Dragons 2 and will probably won't get in because you're not slutty or bara
>>
>>52003499
>CR 3 barmaid
>Gear dagger, antitoxin, 2,298 gp

Why are barmaids hauling around THAT much gold?

Is it the NPC wealth?
>>
>>52003602
>tfw made a character but literally nothing comes to mind when you think of a backstory

odd feels
>>
>>52003602
which one be you
>>
>>52003607
Nobles pay a lot for anal.
>>
>>52003607

Those cats are cute!
>>
>>52003602
I'm not even convinced dragon 2 exists
>>
>>52003607

Well maybe they actually OWN the bar.
>>
>>52003607
and THIS is why most people did not have a class in 2nd edition.

because *most* maids aren't time-controlling combat monsters
>>
>>52003602
>Tfw Rory isn't bara or slutty, he's a magic kung fu dog
>>
>>52003632
>tfw Rory is in denial about being a slut.
>>
>>52003602
Same here. M-maybe that means both of us will get in!
>>
>tfw GMing
>tfw party is level 1
>tfw party tries to pick fight with owner of the town's wayhouse
>tfw the party knows he also commands the militia
>tfw they pick a fight anyway
>tfw he beats two of the party members unconscious with a club from under the bar
>tfw my players get pissed

I don't even care, they had their shit kicked in by a level 6 expert.
>>
>>52003602

Which one are you? I'll make you a slut.
>>
>>52003602
All of this "Rory" stuff is made by 2, perhaps 3 people (including the creator) working in collusion under the assumption that the harder they meme, the better his chances of getting in are
>>
>>52003645
He's not a slut! He's a proud doggo and has ZERO slutty tendencies!

I lied he's a slut for headpats and cute girls
>>
>>52003632
>>52003645
A slut for kobold CHILDREN no less!
>>
>>52003565

That lady is entirely too large to be an elf.
>>
>>52003547
Hey, how would gestalting with Master Familiar work? Would the master familiar get the gestalt levels or the wizard thrall?
>>
File: Black Lagoon - terminator maid.jpg (90KB, 600x666px) Image search: [Google]
Black Lagoon - terminator maid.jpg
90KB, 600x666px
>>52003607
>A barmaid isn’t above passing messages or slipping a dose of sleeping poison into a drink if the price is right.

People pay them to poison adventurers, and they rob them afterwards.
>>
>>52003515
Catfolk are actually decent at being Paladins, and their drop in Wisdom isn't even the worst thing in the world when they get Cha to more than make up for any underpowered saves.

(plus the option to have an actual climb speed in Medium armor is hilarious, at least to me)
>>
>>52003674
What about cute shotas who like to give head pats and tummy rubs?
>>
>>52003602
I mean I haven't looked into it myself, but isn't the game asking for sluts and bara in the first place? I mean you don't apply with evil characters in a good campaign, so you shouldn't apply with normal characters in a meme campaign.
>>
File: Erufuda compares diets.png (95KB, 634x335px) Image search: [Google]
Erufuda compares diets.png
95KB, 634x335px
>>52003698
You haven't been visiting /a/, have you?
>>
>>52003702

i'll be honest, i have no idea. Use your best judgement on that one, and i'll go along with it.
>>
>>52003729
NO DON'T SUMMON IT
>>
File: chubby elf.jpg (79KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
chubby elf.jpg
79KB, 1095x730px
>>52003729

post more chubby elves for us to make into charters.
>>
>>52003730
What about for Legendary Rogue? Should I just use the top suggestion for each's implementation?

Also about hoard thieves there must be some kind of underground market for those who want to take from each other's hoards, either for the hoard itself or to publicly embarrass other dragons
>>
File: 1472702528875.jpg (217KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1472702528875.jpg
217KB, 800x1280px
>>52003711
Possibly! Though I wonder what this shota would respond with if this big, bad wolf suddenly became a cute awoo girl?
>>
>>52003728
>le hurrdurr a popular game = le meme game
Le fucking kill youself.
>>
>>52003759

That sounds like a plan to me,
>>
>>52003577
What to heck
>>
>>52003729

Erufuda art used for a cook would be adorable!
>>
Currently half of the party has specialized in the same skill. Diplomacy. How do we resolve who takes the check when the party FINALLY needs to roll diplomacy? It's session 5 so far and not once have we needed social skill checks.
>>
>>52003755
Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.

>>>/a/154153414
>>
>>52003762
Stab it because shapeshifters steal a little bit of your soul every time they take on your form once they've touched you.
>>
>>52003730
Okay. I'm going to put the class levels on the wizard thrall. I promise I'm not trying to break things too badly.

And just having said that, to the thread in general, is there a small size race that's either +con/int or +str/int? I have an idea to reject the influence of dexfaggotry.
>>
>>52003762
More headpats and stuttering and apologizing for touching her stomache.
>>
>>52003789
That's mean!

>>52003796
>yfw the girl Doesn't particularly care, and opts to cuddle up with the shota!
>>
>>52003782
How about you decide based on who would actually be most likely to talk in a given situation. When a paladin and a wizard have to talk down the local religious mob the paladin does it, but when they're asking the ancient witch for help they send the wizard.
>>
>>52003794
No.
>>
>>52001898
I had a character that started out as a maid/test-subject for a mad wizard. In the end she became such an accomplished murderhobo that she became Queen by virtue of killing the royal family and having gladiator-slaves fuck up anyone who tried to dispute her claim.
>>
>>52003782
When you're Charisma based your skill options are limited.
>>
>>52003817

Oh my god this, nothing gets a player more frustrated than their character not getting a chance to talk to people in their profession or lifestyle.
>>
>>52003832
Damn. There goes my idea for a growth spurt mauler wizard thrall slayer.
>>
>>52003857
>Oh, my religious order! My character goes to tal-
>No he doesn't. Phil has a higher diplomacy bonus, even after the circumstance for similar faiths.
>...But it's my religious order.
>Yeah, but Phil's the party face.
Fuuuuuuuck you.
>>
>>52003859
I mean there's this 3pp race, but yeah.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/ironborn/
>>
Ok the Ratfolk Warlord i'm making is basically coming out as a Roman Legionarre but rat

I guess this is sort of a way for Rinka to live on
>>
It's been nearly 40 minutes, has FotJR fallen into another vat of spaghetti yet?
>>
File: 4640a23febf99e00d13687d4c67e505a.jpg (628KB, 600x1666px) Image search: [Google]
4640a23febf99e00d13687d4c67e505a.jpg
628KB, 600x1666px
>>52003809
>cuddle
Kawaii! I bet it'd end something like this...
>>
>>52003995
What's this about spaghetti?
>>
>>52003995
Fall of the Jade Regent?
>>
>>52003995

They fucked the spaghetti last time.
>>
>>52003995
Started a bit late, we will see.
>>
>>52003610
Are you me?
>>
Which Dragongame 2 characters would you want for a functional party?
>>
File: IMG_0729.jpg (1MB, 1400x785px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.jpg
1MB, 1400x785px
Do straight white males make good wizards/magic users?
>>
>>52004147
Give me one example of a gay black female wizard who is better than Razmir, I dare you.
>>
>>52004146
Just get the Queen moving and have her do everything herself, because these apps are shit
>>
>>52004162

There's that one sassy black Planeswalker that effortlessly slew a Ghost King.
>>
>>52004147
Why are cute girls (male) the best wizards/magic users?
>>
>>52004190
Pedophiles should be burned alive
>>
>>52004175

What would you like to see in an app?
>>
>>52004190
I dislike this meme.
>>
>>52004230
He's 83 anon, and just abusing polymorph. What do you have against what two consenting wizards do in the privacy of their own jizz-scented wizard tower?
>>
Is there a mithral equivalent for tower shields, which are normally wooden? Darkwood does not affect maximum Dexterity bonus.
>>
File: Negima - 340-008.png (400KB, 901x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Negima - 340-008.png
400KB, 901x1300px
>>52004190
Freedom from morality
>>
File: whyloli.jpg (98KB, 1127x628px) Image search: [Google]
whyloli.jpg
98KB, 1127x628px
>>52004230
>>
File: red_dragon_by_benwootten.jpg (111KB, 742x488px) Image search: [Google]
red_dragon_by_benwootten.jpg
111KB, 742x488px
>>52003425
>>52003449
But she looks like this.
>>
>>52004445
Awwww ye! Does she like dogs?
>>
>>52004445
>where_do_you_think_we_are.jpg

Flee screaming. Death is close. They are coming for you.
>>
>>52004497
>>52004500
>The heat radiating from an adult red's body can harm anyone foolish enough to stand too close.
>>
>>52004528
>not having fire resistance or immunity
Ok.
>>
>>52004528
Anon, that won't stop them. Run as far as you can, and then crawl even farther.
>>
>>52004528
What you don't realize, though, is that I can get Elemental Resistance!

I just want to hang out and be friendly with them.
>>
Hi, /pfg/.

I wanted to play a fun character- a Bard/Swashbuckler gestalty mix. But, sadly, at my DM's table, no fun is allowed because it's either PoW or go home. He threw me at unbeatable monsters in a five-on-one fight. When I inevitably get KO'd and 'eaten', he snarkily says 'Maybe make something useful.'

So, fuck it, I want to spite him. Can anyone help me make a brokenly powerful PoW gestalt?
>>
>>52004569
Your DM is a massive faggot stop playing with him.
>>
File: 1471679765497.png (677KB, 1077x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1471679765497.png
677KB, 1077x1035px
Anyone got a link to the Dragon 2 game?
>>
File: svYRFlm.gif (2MB, 400x172px) Image search: [Google]
svYRFlm.gif
2MB, 400x172px
>>52004561

>Just wanna hang, bro
>>
>>52004603
What's Dragon 2?
>>
>>52004603
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70319/of-dragons-and-men-dot-dot-dot-and-more-dragons
>>
>>52004569
Stop playing with him he's a cunt

He doesn't understand that as the DM he can make the encounter as arbitrarily dangerous as he wants. If he wants to play DM vs Players he needs to lay out rules on what lives where precisely, and have all statblocks be public knowledge for known enemies

Also needs to play a system that isn't rocket tag
>>
>>52004569
What level are you? I've got a build based off of Sanji from One Piece that's monstrously powerful at level 1 that I can share, I'd just have to re-put it down on Mythweavers from my sheet.
>>
>>52004618
Thanks, dude.

>>52004609
This... >>52004618
>>
>>52004627
Level 9.
>>
File: Xenogears - Citan (Jake Murray).jpg (814KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears - Citan (Jake Murray).jpg
814KB, 900x1350px
>>52004569
Brutal Slayer Bushi that uses Unorthodox Training to swap Thrashing Dragon for Elemental Flux.

Take Monastic Training and Critical Edge for your Stalker Arts.
Buy a katana.

I guess the other half can be Cleric.

Pic semi related.
>>
File: 1411673969519.png (269KB, 461x924px) Image search: [Google]
1411673969519.png
269KB, 461x924px
Alright guys, I need info on Sargava

Aside from Chelish and Mwangi, what other races would one expect to be from Sargava? Are there any breeds of Skinwalker native to the area? Or is it just boring NotBrazil?

I'm asking because I'm making a Sargavan character, and while I originally planned on making her human (because bonus feat is near mandatory for being a martial), I still wanna know what all of my options were.
>>
>>52004681
Don't forget to put ranks in Foreshadowing and Knowledge (vague pronouns)!
>>
>>52004690
>Are there any breeds of Skinwalker native to the area?
Scalehearts seem appropriate.
>>
>>52004652
Point buy?
>>
>>52004775
>>
>>52004690

What campaign is this for?

Anyway, there's plenty of potential races you could choose from that range from Humans of the Chelaxian or Mwangi persuasion, various wild Elves (they have a name), and more than likely a Vanara style race.

Ooh, and if you want to get a little exotic; a while back a fleet of longships crashed on the coast of the Expanse, and the crew went native. Explorers report meeting Mwangi locals with blonde hair or blue eyes. Maybe your girl is a brown-girl with white hair?
>>
>>52004690
There's supposed to be elves in the Mwangi Expanse, so maybe a half-elf?
>>
>>52004813
>What campaign is this for?
A heavily modified Jade Regent. I know I've mentioned it before, but her whole schtick is she's going to be a female version of Yasuke, specializing in polearms and being a bodyguard type character.

Like I said, My original plan was Mwangi Human, but I want to know what my options are

>>52004851
What's the lore on the Mwangi Elves?

>>52004752
Could work, maybe
>>
>>52004569
Today on "Things That Never Happened:" This post!
>>
File: Ekujae.jpg (112KB, 493x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ekujae.jpg
112KB, 493x1000px
>>52004874
>What's the lore on the Mwangi Elves?

They're known as the Ekujae.

They're wild and warlike.

They massacred the workers at an Aspis Consortium station because they found out the company was using Ekujae slaves.
>>
File: WEG - Xenogears.png (2MB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
WEG - Xenogears.png
2MB, 986x1378px
>>52004693
"Slayer of God" isn't a vague pronoun.

Now that I think about it, I want to run the second half of a campaign like disc 2.

PCs and NPCs talk about what's going on in the world without having to gather information, and the PCs are immediately transported to the next dungeon without needing to explore.
>>
>>52004962
But disc 2 was awful!
>>
>>52004962
>the lazer coming out of the cigar
>>
>>52004962
>second half of a campaign like disc 2
But that was the worst part of the game and only exists because Square hurried the development...
>>
>>52004569
On the one hand, if the powerlevel expectation of his game was clearly stated and you deliberately chose to make something weaker, you are also partly at fault.

On the other, the GM should have taken this issue up with you during the chargen phase instead of being passive aggressive and bringing the dispute into the game itself.

And finally you should do the same and either talk it over or leave rather than spite him back.
>>
Why does /pfg/ have autism spasm whenever someone optimizes for a /pfg/ game? I'm not talking about exploitation like 2hu I mean whenever someone has high numbers /pfg/ pisses themselves in rage. I just don't understand, especially when people get angry when people try and ask what kind of threats they should be expected to deal with.

How the fuck are you supposed to judge numbers when you're building in a vacuum especially with crazy fucking rules like mythic gestalt with piles of extra feats. There is no way to accurately judge the number that are "normal" there.

Is it parroted by people who can't build characters? It became really pronounced when someone talked about running a PvP game with people saying that role play should be rewarded in it to keep you alive.
>>
>>52005125
2hu did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52005125
If you're still bitching about DHB, he was deliberately bending the rules of Fortune Thief as well.
>>
>>52005139
You mean using it as written.
>>
>>52005139
How was he bending the rules?
>>
>>52005125
>How the fuck are you supposed to judge numbers when you're building in a vacuum especially with crazy fucking rules like mythic gestalt with piles of extra feats.

And this, right here, is why /pfg/ games are terrible. Not only are all the characters built in a vacuum, but they're just powerwank.
>>
>>52005158
Interpreting them as saying he could sit on a pile of luck points forever for massive bonuses to everything.
>>
>>52005184
You could though, even if you're not supposed to. Literally anyone reading the archetype should have asked themselves why they would ever spend Luck points instead of hoarding them.
>>
>>52005184
That wasn't interpretation it explicitly states your luck pool never empties out or fills. You don't automatically generate or lose them. There is no interpretation. Doing otherwise would be bending the rules.
>>
>>52005184
But you can do that
>>
>>52005184
>massive bonuses
>the bonuses are "your Charisma Modifier/3 to these things as a luck bonus" or something
>you have to build up the pool
>"massive bonuses"
>>
>>52005184
Losing luck points automatically would literally be against the rules. Heck the guy said he was willing to go with an errata or what ever the GM decided.

I don't get why people get angry about DHB's numbers when he just says "I'll adjust them to be in line with the rest of the party". What else do you want when everyone is building in a vacuum?
>>
>>52005184
But that's just plain how it works retard. I mean afterwards Jolly gave unofficial errata feedback because of how overpowered it is, but that's a separate thing.
>>
>>52005184
That's legal. Luck Thief isn't Jolly's finest work.

That said, DHB does have a tendency to list circumstantial bonuses as flat bonuses
>>
>>52005125
I'm still confused why Aisha got bitched at for looking into being Self Avowed/Synth despite it being literally perfect for the backstory
>>
>>52005218
Honestly, I agree with you, I'm just shitstirring because I'm sick of people leaping all over themselves to defend DHB from people saying mean things about his character in a dead fucking game.
>>
>>52005235
Muh "Self Avowed is overpowered" shitposting, and Avowed shitposting in general, combined with the general sentiment that "summoner is busted", even when it's not as overwhelming as PoW can be.
>>
>>52004896
Anon, there are people ON HERE who have said they would run games using only PoW classes.
>>
>>52005235
Because both of those things by themselves can be ungodly strong, so putting them together just makes the opportunity for cheese all but irresistible.
>>
>>52005234
Give us the dirt. I want proof of him being a shit head. Let's fucking run him out of town.
>>
>>52005217
Higher than that because you can take a talent to hold more luck than you Charisma mod, and it's 3 points for the first +1 and then just 2 points for each past that. Don't forget Fate's Favored increasing the bonus again, that the luck bonus applies to basically everything, and that since it's a luck bonus it stacks with basically everything else. It's ultra cancer with Self Pact Avowed, though less so now with the nerfs and such.
>>
>>52005257
Synth summoner is not busted if you're not going the natural attack route, which she isn't.
>>
>>52005264
>ultra cancer with thing that's being nerfed because people are screaming about things it was never designed to interact with
>so long as you spend all your talents to do the thing

oh no, he's spending all his class features to do something, whatever shall we do
>>
>>52005290
He also had a +60 to disguise with Face Stealer.
>>
File: 1481090056229.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481090056229.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>52005258
How about you leave, you shitty witchhunting faggot.
>>
File: BaitILost.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitILost.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>52005300
>disguise
>being broken
>that number being broken when it's likely a 1/day thing
>>
>>52005324
Avowed is all day. Without Face Stealer it's still +45. That's the all day bonus.
>>
File: IMG_0732.jpg (66KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
66KB, 700x396px
Stat me
>>
>>52005505
exploding owlbear
>>
>>52005125
>I'm not talking about exploitation like 2hu
What has 2hu built that is a straight up exploitation?

To answer your question, I think it various from person to person. We all have our ideas of what is fair or balanced. Some people think Path of War is balanced. Some people think it's the most busted bullshit on the planet. Some people look at Incanter/Sorc/Elementalist combos and REEEEE others just shrug and think it's the standard. Everyone is used to playing at and building for different levels. When you get 40+ people doing their own thing, of course people are going to clash over what they think is appropriate.
>>
>>52005505
Grenadier Alchemist?
>>
Tell me /pfg/, what is best bard?
>>
>>52005609
2hu's Molthune character was straight up exploitation.
>>
>>52005749
A dead bard.
>>
>>52004569
>>52004652
>>52004780
All right I've just about finished with the ABSOLUTE BASICS.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1047768
Now keep in mind a few things before you come whining to me about the numbers presented:
- I've only spent a percentage of your feats and some of these might not even BE "filled" slots depending on whether or not your group uses the feat tax removal system. Results may vary, use at your own risk.
- This is also before buying literally ANY items whatsoever, I didn't feel like assuming what you were going to get so I'll leave it to you to decide what to buy. I will say, however, that if this guy as he stands right now wants to Power Attack himself to actually do any damage (at level 9 +11 seems reasonable on a PA, at least to me before items) he'd have to roll a 14 or higher, and he can't be caught flat footed due to Combat Insight. Give him even the most basic of AC-boosting items (+1 or +2 Amulet of Nat armor, +1 Ring of Protection, +1 to +2 Bracers of Armor, or items that boost Dex, Wis, or Int since he gets AC from all of these stats) and he'll be nigh untouchable by his opponents while being able to use maneuvers that almost guarantee that he's going to be hitting his opponents flat-footed if you're smart.
- All of this is also assuming that you want to stick with Unarmed Strikes, which some people dislike for not being the "ULTIMATE POWERHOUSE of attacks" but I like personally them because GOD is it anime to rip someone to pieces with nothing but your bare fists. I've also taken the liberty of only choosing no Stalker Arts (except one), Ki Strikes, and Vital Strikes, as I figure you'd want to choose whatever you think will be the most powerful together, and in that same line of thought have fun figuring out all of your maneuvers and stances, God knows I'm not doing all of that for you.
>>
>>52005749

A pure bard.
>>
>>52005749
Best bard for what exactly? Many bards specialize in different fields, and some will be more suited for certain parties than others.

That being said, I have always been partial to the Thundercaller
>>
File: yuri7.png (1MB, 1000x1480px) Image search: [Google]
yuri7.png
1MB, 1000x1480px
https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=392108

https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=392004

>level 12 gestalt game in modern setting where EVERYONE has to do level 12 harbinger

>PbP

How much of an aneurysm does this give Gareth?

Maybe we could throw in some blinklings to?
>>
>>52005749
>what is best bard?

Dandelion.

A bard that travels with the party to tell their story. A bard that embellishes their legend until each party member seems almost larger than life. The bard that is so confident in their ability to pick up women, they choose instead to use that power to be the ultimate wingman, seeking challenge in getting the most awkward of their number with the hottest woman in the establishment.

At the end of the day, the best bard is a bard that has enriched the lives of everyone he met, as much a rock star as he is Shakespeare.
>>
>tfw when the geisha archetypes are the only ones for bard that stack with Rubato
They're not even that good!
>>
>>52005791
>How much of an aneurysm does this give Gareth?
Just mention how the PoW errata is never fucking coming out if you want that.
>>
File: Skald.jpg (336KB, 496x673px) Image search: [Google]
Skald.jpg
336KB, 496x673px
>>52005749
Skald
>>
>>52005791
I know Gareth was trolled with blinklings but what about Harbinger?
>>
>>52005861
I remember everyone was constantly asking him if a Cha-based Harbinger was coming out, but didn't really follow it beyond that.
>>
>>52005861
>>52005884
>In an effort to keep from getting a horde of cookie cutter characters, I'm going to allow some additional options for the Harbinger side. Players may choose to swap their Initiation Ability from INT to either WIS or CHA, if they so choose. All class powers and abilities that key off that Initiation stat will use the new stat rather than INT.

This is a CHAbinger game!
>>
File: magic pain glove.webm (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
magic pain glove.webm
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>52005898
It burns.
>>
>>52005787
I had never read Thundercaller before. This shit is rad, thanks!

Bard is for a Jade Regent party with Bloodrager, Swashbuckler, Cleric, and Wizard.
>>
What are the largest flaws with Pathfinder, excluding martial/caster disparity?
>>
>>52006049
The community.
>>
>>52006049
magic items
>>
>>52006049

Save disparity.

BAB disparity.

Too many options.

Too many TRAP options.

Prestige Classes have no purpose.

Class design primarily seems to focus on talent pool selection these days, indicating an overall shift away from both feats and static class features.

PATHFINDER 2.0 WHEN
>>
>>52006049
Being 3.X.
>>
>>52006066
This.
>>
>>52006073
I think talent pools are a good thing.
>>
>>52006049
how loose some of the wording is
the players
the GMs
the developers
the value and utility of skills even without magic to compare them to
the two-faced, hypocrisy-laden oft-deliberate mis-balancing of weapons
and viewers like you
>>
>>52006086

They are an incredibly good thing. They're better than archetypes, and they tend to be better designed than feats in general.

I really wanna see PF2.0 where we have a bunch of core classes that are just balanced talent pools, with feats being replaced by some sort of cross-class talent system.
>>
>>52006066
>>52006073
>>52006079
>>52006089

So you just hate the system. Why even bother posting here?
>>
>>52006073
Try 5e.
>>
>>52006049
The designers and people making it constantly shitting themselves all over the product, making it a hige mess of poor balance and dumb ideas and writing, while the editors try to salvage the thing with okay-to-decent splat books

>>52006117
>So you just hate the system. Why even bother posting here?
Just look at this newfag. Don't you know that /pfg/ has almost always been this angry about the system we are all trapped into playing
>>
>>52006099
This is what I like about DHB, he's said before that his design philosophy for classes revolves around talent pools being a generally good idea and being the reason Barbarians were the best martial.
>>
>>52006073
>Save disparity.
>BAB disparity.
Mind expanding on these?
>>
Any cool new 1st-party tech for Clerics come out in the last few months? I haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>52006155
I think the Healer's handbook had some stuff, but I can't remember too well
>>
Alright, /pfg/

I have the following stats:
18 STR, 14 DEX, 18 CON, 10 INT 14 WIS, 12 CHA

After racials.

I'm a first level Gestalt character.

I want to run around with a greatsword as my primary attack, wearing no armor.

How best would I achieve this?
>>
>>52006073
>>52006086
>>52006099

I'm of the opinion that Talent Pools can go either way. You could have GOOD talents (Vigilante/Social talents) and BAD talents (Rogue, Slayer). It all depends on the quality of the writing.

I don't personally like talent pools, but I can see the merit in them being easier to create a class around and easier to balance with each other, along with having break points where you get more powerful talents.

My main qualm with it is that I find talent-based classes kind of boring. I'm one of those weird bastards who liked ALL of the Occult classes, even the Medium and the Kineticist, primarily because even though they didn't bring anything very POWERFUL to the table, they did bring /newer/ stuff to the table, and they didn't QUITE play like earlier Paizo classes. If there's a way to merge solid class features and solid talent pools, I'd be all for it.
>>
>>52006202
Oh - Spheres of Power, Spheres of Might, PoW, Awoooed, etc... are all good.
>>
>>52005791
What the fuck are these character creation rules? The hell is the point of this "grid" shit when it's exactly the same as rolling 9 stats and just choosing the 6 best? This is madness.
>>
File: 1469041702751.jpg (281KB, 596x811px) Image search: [Google]
1469041702751.jpg
281KB, 596x811px
>>52006205

Why are all the games' talents not just feats?

Classes could then grant bonus feats.

Let everyone build the characters they want.
>>
File: 1488255038486.jpg (108KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
1488255038486.jpg
108KB, 640x465px
>>52006049

The hideous amount of feat taxes.

The hideous amount of trap options.

The hideous amount of both shitty and overly powerful spells.

The hideous amount of archetypes that are often garbage.

The hideous amount of attacks you can get with 3.X BAB progression nullifying any reason to play by the normal rules of combat past level 6-8 or so, and certainly by 10+, good martials will blender anything that can be hit thus fulfilling the self-perpetuating prophetic cycle of casters (or UMDfags) > martials even with magic gear. Suddenly its all at-will teleporting instant death badtouch enemies with a million contingency spells or SLAs because FUCK YOU if you, as a GM, want to actually have your demon lords go toe-to-toe with a paladin in melee. Either bend over to choppy or archery builds, or bend over to save or die tier one casters - or both. Sometimes both in the same class!

Fuck pathfinder.
>>
>>52006230
At that point, it'd be better to play a more free-building system like D:tD
>>
File: 1454959865149.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454959865149.gif
1MB, 540x304px
Who do you want to see inside Dragons 2?
>>
>>52006308
My character.
>>
>>52006308
I would like to see my dick inside dragons too
>>
>>52006308
Rory, Brejik, Ulfric, Aurora, and Mercedes
>>
>>52006308
Out of those who've put in finished applications so far?

In any combination: Ulfric, Calsicahedrix, Rory, Ivelia, Mercedes, Aisha, Aurora, and Brejik. They seem fun.
>>
>>52006308
Another failed game that people obsess over and once it never gets off the ground or dies as soon as the wind catches their wings so that another batch of broken souls descends into despair as all they ever get to do is build characters they will never play.
>>
>>52006362
That's a "what", anon, not a "who"
>>
File: ilgynoth-1-817x320.jpg (35KB, 817x320px) Image search: [Google]
ilgynoth-1-817x320.jpg
35KB, 817x320px
>>52006362
Would that be three?

>The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
>>
File: 1411712425564.jpg (253KB, 595x731px) Image search: [Google]
1411712425564.jpg
253KB, 595x731px
Alright /pfg/, what is the best way to go full Kamen Rider without losing access to weapons, being possibly Wis based, and still having a good ol' Rider kick.

3pp allowed

Pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>52006370
Gee, I don't know.Jackson Pollock the Lich Lord of New Magniar, the First Bard Who Achieved Lichdom? He seems like a cool dude.
>>
>>52006073
>Prestige Classes have no purpose.
Remember when PrCs were supposed to be prestigious? Powerful rewards for roleplaying achievements?
>>
>>52006398

Why on earth would you let your pic be unrelated?
>>
>>52006398
Gonzo has Literally Kamen Rider as a class, and Forrest wrote an archetype for it.
>>
>>52006073
>Too many options
>>
>>52006398
Looks like a fun character to play there in that unrelated pic.
>>
>>52006413
Eh, mostly because I plan on being more "polarm spins and flurries mixed with kicks" than "Magic gauntlet punch girl"

>>52006416
I'll look into it to see if it works for what I need, and if the DM will approve of it
>>
>>52006145
We're all trapped here, anon. All of us.
Everyone plays pathfinder because everyone else plays pathfinder, and everyone else only plays pathfinder because that's what everybody else plays. And everybody else plays pathfinder just because that's what everyone plays.
>>
File: 1473193293693.jpg (166KB, 850x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1473193293693.jpg
166KB, 850x1150px
>>52006464
Then why do all the /pfg/ games advertise Pathfinder and not other games?
>>
>>52006476
Because the other Generals don't want our shitty games.

And also because 3pp makes PF just bearable enough
>>
>>52006476
Because we know the rules anyway, so we might as well. It's like you don't understand the vicious cycle.
>>
File: rejoice.jpg (15KB, 299x530px) Image search: [Google]
rejoice.jpg
15KB, 299x530px
I want to run a game based on the fate/stay night setting but I'm not sure how to balance it.
I have six players so naturally that'd be three masters and three servants, and i was thinking of letting the masters by low/mid level casters and the servants by high level initiators, but would this discrepancy in power levels severely impact the gameplay?
I'm worried that master characters will wind up feeling useless compared to their servants but that's sort of how it actually works.
I considered letting each player control two characters instead but it seems like that would make the turns take far too long.
Does anybody have any advice for how to run something like this?
>>
>>52006235
Don't forget that the HP was (badly) ramped up in 3.X so as to follow that BAB progression, which means if your barbarian isn't there to chop the fuck out of it in a single turn, you've got like ten rounds of fireballs to chuck his way if you were to hope to get a kill, unless you - OF COURSE - instead just use a single Save-or-Lose.
>>
>>52006511
oh christ do not do this
>>
File: 120px-QuartzDragonIcon.png (21KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
120px-QuartzDragonIcon.png
21KB, 120x120px
>>52006308
If they're beautiful women?
Me.
>>
>>52006511
Seconding the other anon. This is a bad idea.
>>
>>52006464
This is way too true for me. I'm half-heartedly working on my Romance app right now off memory of my options, while I browse 5e material on the side excited over builds I'll probably never so much as stat.
>>
File: 1466585767589.png (123KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
1466585767589.png
123KB, 612x563px
>>52006476
>Why are all the games from Pathfinder General for Pathfinder?
>>
I was thinking the idea of a Monk Class focusing on Grappling with a side gig of being a Blacksmith who invented the Steel Chair as a backup when freedom of movement is involved.

How viable is this?
>>
>>52006601

I believe there's a Brawler archetype that gives you a lot of crafting abilities for metal equipment.
>>
File: skullmurai.png (943KB, 483x998px) Image search: [Google]
skullmurai.png
943KB, 483x998px
>>52006601
>monk
shit
>grapple
double shit
>backup weapons
triple shit
>improvised weapons
quadruple shit

Here's a skeleton samurai to help cheer you up though!
>>
>>52006617
Unchained isn't that bad compared to other martials.
>>
>>52006601
If you're going to be a grapple monk, may as well just be a Tetori since they can overcome FoM
>>
File: 10 in every stat.jpg (22KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
10 in every stat.jpg
22KB, 225x350px
>>52006533
>>52006524
Would it really turn out that badly?
>>
>>52006625
Unchained still does little to fix the monk's main problems
>ki pool is ultra limited, resulting in one option being spammed indefinitely and all other choices reducing your chance to use it
>MAD as all fuck, requiring all 3 physical stats as high as possible while also demanding WIS. Best setups generally avoid Wis on a class designed to be Wis-based, that's how fucked up it is
>received a nerf to its will saves because... well I don't fucking know, honestly
>still has to suck the wizard's cock, because he sure ain't affording an amulet of mighty fists otherwise, not to mention all of the other mandatory magical goodies

The only thing they fixed was him being shit at doing damage, but the monk still blows horse cocks in terms of overall design and playstyle.
>>
File: Racialmax.png (788KB, 1122x616px) Image search: [Google]
Racialmax.png
788KB, 1122x616px
>>52006117
>>
>>52006653
Speaking from experience, yes.

Pathfinder does not make for very fun PVP in the first place, and then you have to balance servants and masters and make everyone feel like they're actually participating.

...And then you have to deal with the guy who got btfo first, of course.
>>
>>52006668
It's still a fine option for gestalting though if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>52006653
the d20 system is as bad as it can possibly get for any sort of PVP.

In the BEST of cases it's rocket-tag, but the right ... combination of choices can ensure the rocket tag never even happens; you'll instead get one winner and everyone else literally getting killed before they spawn - not that they aren't also being spawncamped in case that didn't work even though it never fails.

HOW FUN.
>>
>>52006698
Lots of things are fine for gestalting though. Gestalt can not, nor should it ever, be considered when judging a class on its own merits.
>>
>>52006721
The last Fate PF game I was in pretty much ended when someone nuked half of the city we were in the first night.
>>
>>52006736

That seems like a fairly excessive thing to do in a fight.
>>
>>52006744
wasn't even in a fight.
>>
>>52006643
Would this let me focus on Grappling only? Or should I cover a side thing just in case. Also the steel chair idea is still open.

>>52006617
Just trying to have fun senpai.
>>
>>52006781

That seems like an extremely excessive thing to do outside of a fight.
>>
File: 1453269436792.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453269436792.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>mfw Dragons 2 is entirely Dragonslayers hunting down Dragons team for some vicious slaying
>>
>>52006812
YEP.
>>
>>52006511
I have in fact played in a high level PvP Nasuverse game set in San Francisco.

It turned out very well actually. I helped run it from the perspective of a rules judge.

Don't listen to >>52006524
>>52006533

I had a great time and the experience was fantastic. High intensity, lots of fun. You just have to lay down some ground rules and ban a few spells.
>>
>>52006826
>Some vicious laying

FTFY
>>
>>52006873
>some ground rules and ban a few spells

So basically you homebrewed enough rules that combat wasn't rocket tag anymore, or you actively noped most of what makes up high level combat.
>>
>>52006885

Dude, imagine if Dragons 2 was Dragon Hunters from the outside world building up power before hunting each member of Dragons team, with shenanigans ensuing.
>>
>>52006926
No, the only banned spells were:
>planar binding
>planar ally
>blood money
>create demi-plane
>plane shift (for obvious reasons)

And there was no pre-game crafting or prep time since everyone was summoned.

We also were unable to leave the area around San Francisco because there wasn't enough mana to keep up manifested.

I played a level 15 harbinger.

It was fantastic.
>>
>>52007031
Even bad ideas can be run well by a good GM.

The F/SN premise has a few fundamental flaws: namely, F/SN was designed as a /story/ setting, not the setting for a game where each side actually has a similarly fun experience and fair chance of victory.

It's canon that the seven servant classes aren't balanced, the whole premise of seven contestants was always meant to be a facade when the three strongest classes, Saber, Archer and Lancer, went to the three main families to give them the best chance of winning.
>>
>>52007121
That may be true. The game worked because it was my old group getting back together. Seven of us with the GM running one of the servants. Only me and two others actually knew much about the Nasuverse and me much more than the other two, but we all somehow managed to have a great time.

Somehow at noon on the third day no one had died, despite the fact that people had battled 8 times already. It ended on us running out of time and having to put it on indefinite hold after I (playing assassin) had to go after my master who had been kidnapped.

At about 2am on the 2nd day we were all fighting in a hotel in San Fran after Thor had called down a hurricane on the city. I had allied with Saber and Thor (as Berserker) had allied with Lancer. We were fighting 2v2 (started on the roof and ended in the lobby) when caster, who had spent several days reading up on modern explosives, teleported in a dirty bomb and leveled the hotel.

The dirty bomb appeared as both I and Perseus used our Noble Phantasms to try and go for the kill. I activated Shadow of an Evil Thing and he activated Medusa's Eye. After the hotel blew up we all dispersed because hurricane force winds are fucking impossible to fly in.

>It's canon that the seven servant classes aren't balanced, the whole premise of seven contestants was always meant to be a facade when the three strongest classes, Saber, Archer and Lancer, went to the three main families to give them the best chance of winning.
Yes I realize I advised to change this. Internal balance among the servants is non-existent.
>>
File: 1476632526685.jpg (27KB, 402x325px) Image search: [Google]
1476632526685.jpg
27KB, 402x325px
>>52006073
>prestige classes have no purpose
mcfucking kill yourself
everything else it true though.
anyone who says prestige classes aren't good is a dumbfuck.
>>
>>52006601
Honestly speaking unless you get the thing that lets you fuck freedom of movement grappling stops being usefull around mid level.
>>
>>52007240
PF prestige classes are almost always terrible compared to 3.5 ones, though.
>>
>>52007422
That's because 3.5 had fuck all for scaling abilities, so staying in a class was fucking pointless once you had all the relevant abilities.

PrCs didn't get worse, classes just have reasons to stay in them now outside of spellcasting.
>>
>>52005505
He's a Pyrotechnician Alchemist from Gonzo 2
>>
What gestalt combination do I take for maximum crafting?
>>
>>52007662
Mystic/Vizier?
>>
>>52007662
Artisan might help, but i don't know if there's another class that does it better.
>>
>>52007662
Artificer if your GM lets you for some reason?
>>
Man, Silver dragons from DSP's True Dragons really have a lot more tricks than everyone else.
>>
File: 1483134228744.jpg (187KB, 975x705px) Image search: [Google]
1483134228744.jpg
187KB, 975x705px
>playing the homebrew setting my friend and I made
>the party is a traveling group of mercenaries with a ship doing work for a nobleman trying to forge alliances in the colonies to conspire against the old powers
>the country we head into is based on a revolutionary france with 4 factions fighting
>our goal is to stabilize the government enough to get a treaty signed, the nobleman doesn't really give a shit what faction we help
>anyway we arrive in the night and are greeted by the church
>turns out they control the port we landed in and a faction in the war
>they want us to come to the cathedral to work out a deal, turns out we're the first ship to land in weeks
>after talking in the cathedral, we meet the Cardinal calling the shots and it becomes clear they aim to conscript us
>with crossbows pointed at us and no choice we're forced to stay the night as they bar the doors
>we all sit in the same room in the evening talking, they offer to bring us diner, apparently trying to smooth things a bit
>hell, they didn't even take our gear
>anyway, the cleric gets a crit fail on a sense motive when the kid delivering the food shows up and gets super paranoid
>he checks for poison in the food
>THERE'S POISON
>sleeping agent of some kind, anyway the cleric removes the agent and we eat the food to play along
>when guards come to collect us, the party plays dead, while the fighter hides behind the door up against the wall
>dude has like -3 in stealth, but the madman gets a nat 20
>the guards walk in chatting about how we're going to the dungeon to be "broken in"
>not today fags
>>
File: 1487974120420.jpg (892KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1487974120420.jpg
892KB, 2000x1333px
>>52007746
Cont.

>the fighter hits one in the head with comical CONK, dudes out cold instantly
>the rest are met with blades from the other party members
>guard in the hallway refuses to cooperate, the bard uses charm person and turns the dude into a mind puppet
>he tells us everything we need to know about the building, ties his friends up, and helps us get around before the spell ends and we leave him gagged in a barrel
>we also knick all the guards clothes for disguises
>we make our way to the center of the cathedral to see if we can take down the cardinal
>we actually find in a mail room on the way, a fuck ton of letters that explain that the main church has excommunicated everyone here because they had no intention of getting involved in the war
>we take the bag with us and go to the center of the cathedral
>as we enter, two guards stop us
>"who are you four?"
>the fighter replies "I am Baulder" (his name)
>NAT
>20
>they let us in with no other questions
>the room is empty save for the priests and cardinal praying
>we go up behind them
>"click" the cleric pulls out gun and holds them all at gunpoint (he's a cleric of the god of the sea, so he's like a divinely mandated freebooter)
>we point out that the main church is going to have their heads for the crap they've been pulling
>the priests and guards have no clue what we're on about
>turns out the cardinal never told them they'd be excommunicated
>we show all the letters to them
>after a few moments this causes an uproar and a massive walkout
>a few priests and guards drag the cardinal to the dungeons
>all off a crit fail we dismantled a gigantic encounter the GM had planned out and took down an entire faction with barely any roles and mainly talking

Felt fucking cosmic desu
>>
>>52007707
Yeah, but a fire vulnerability is a hell of a thing to have.

Reds should have gotten more, though. The "biggest and most powerful chromatic" thing isn't reflected in any way.
>>
>>52005234
What is a Luck Thief and where can I find it?
>>
>>52007809
It's a Vigilante archetype that builds a Luck pool in a rough analogue to Grit or Panache

It's in Legendary Villains
>>
>>52007845
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52005505
Commoner with the Mutant template.
>>
New Thread:
>>52007965
>>52007965
>>52007965
>>52007965
>>52007965
>>
>>52005125
I built an Incanter/Arcanist||Zweihander Sentinel and only got called cancer once.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.