[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 51

File: Hana.png (1MB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Hana.png
1MB, 1600x1920px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is the cutest weeb-themed character you have ever played? How good a waifu was she?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52001898
>>
>>52007965
Better of a waifu than Hana, that's for sure.

Regardless, the final call for applications to the Legends of Dragonsfjord is this weekend! If you've been putting off an app until now, you'd better make a decision quick because soon enough you won't be able to join, period.

soon y'all will be free of my shilling, rejoice!

Link here: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/legends-of-dragonsfjord
>>
File: BtlFace.png (1MB, 1684x1920px) Image search: [Google]
BtlFace.png
1MB, 1684x1920px
>>52008008
>Better of a waifu than Hana, that's for sure.

Fight me.
>>
File: Big Neph.jpg (207KB, 498x467px) Image search: [Google]
Big Neph.jpg
207KB, 498x467px
>>52008020
Everyone knows best girls use lances
>>
Best quote of my group's last session by far:
>Can I make a Diplomacy check on a charge?
>>
>>52008020
Not the dragongm but....

She can't even find matching socks! I mean, come on!
>>
>>52008065
Well?
>>
File: 1219217144636.jpg (51KB, 380x500px) Image search: [Google]
1219217144636.jpg
51KB, 380x500px
>>52008044
My Nubian womb-mate.
>>
File: chainswords.jpg (233KB, 842x1191px) Image search: [Google]
chainswords.jpg
233KB, 842x1191px
>>52007965
Best race, coming through.
>>
>>52008079
No, but the GM let him do it, mostly because he was curious why he would ever want to do it.

He convinced the last Denizen of Leng we were fighting to jump off the edge of the airship we had just raided. It jumped, tried to plane shift, failed its concentration check, and presumably splattered on the ground below the clouds after we saw it get struck by lightning on the way down.
>>
>>52008044
>>52008084
What would be the best 1pp way to make Nephenee in pf?

My first instinct is to just say Shield + Shortspear, but that seems like a cop out.

Maybe Shield Brace?
>>
File: rinkah_joins_the_club.png (680KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
rinkah_joins_the_club.png
680KB, 1024x576px
>>52008020
>Literally anyone else
The mark of a true pleb, indeed.
>>
File: Best DSP.png (167KB, 268x463px) Image search: [Google]
Best DSP.png
167KB, 268x463px
>>52008169
>>52008020
You're all wrong with your Fates waifus.
>>
File: Camilla.png (788KB, 596x811px) Image search: [Google]
Camilla.png
788KB, 596x811px
>>52008044
>Everyone knows best girls use axes
Fixed.
>>
>>52008110

There's someone I wouldn't mind giving some shoes. Walking around with their toes exposed-makes me feel cold just looking at them.
>>
is there a way to make arcane bond (item) less terrible?
>>
File: Smug Christmas.jpg (18KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Christmas.jpg
18KB, 318x159px
>>52008187
>Having a Fates waifu

>>52008188
>Best axe girl
>Not based Jill
>>
File: A Best.jpg (306KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
A Best.jpg
306KB, 600x817px
>>52008188
>worst girls use axes
fite me
>>
File: Cherche.png (796KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cherche.png
796KB, 576x1024px
>>52008289
Axes beat spears, objectively.
>>
File: 1450984780172.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1450984780172.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>52008400
>>
>>52008188
Why does Camila love Hinoka so much? Aren't they enemies?
>>
File: 25-capture_08052012_005717.jpg (197KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
25-capture_08052012_005717.jpg
197KB, 480x320px
>>52008400
>>
>>52008626
Why is this in /tg/? Shouldn't you be in /a/ or /j/ or wherever you animefags congregate?
>>
>BEING AN AXEFAG UNIRONICALLY
>GETTING CONSTANTLY KEKOLDED BY SWORDFAGS
>>
>>52008645
>reaver
I see what you did there.
>>
File: 4fc9cae1K6nXHxPS.png (201KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
4fc9cae1K6nXHxPS.png
201KB, 600x590px
>>52008645
>Warrior has 41% chance to hit, 2RKOs
>Tate has 88% chance to hit, 5RKOs
Outside of a hit, methinks the NPC warrior has the better chances. This is FE6 so single RNG for hitrate
>>52008664
>Mfw Swordslayers do have literal bonus damage against myrms and mercs and 80 baseline hit
>>
New to PF, played 3.5; need some help regarding linguistics and non-class skills

In scenarios I've played, Linguistics seems to have a lot of value and utility to help decipher languages and codes. I've looked into the skill in the CRB, but I would appreciate some clarification.

If I take a rank in the skill and it is a class skill, I will receive a +3 bonus for having it trained. That will aid me in linguistics checks as appropriate in session. That makes sense to me.

If it is a class skill, and I take my first rank in linguistics, do I only gain one additional learned language (for a standard character and build)?

If it is not a class skill, then I do not receive the +3 bonus on the checks (which is the same for all non-class skills that a character takes a level in). I would still receive only one additional language known, is that correct?

With that in mind, if I somehow gain access to the skill as class skill (a single dip in bard, let's say) and I invested a rank in it before, do I automatically gain the trained bonus (+3) once it is added to my list of class skills?
>>
>>52008690
The answer to all of those questions is yes.
The real answer is Comprehend Languages.
>>
>>52008736

Yeah for sure, I'm definitely considering that as an option for my longterm characters. But for one of my characters, it's more fitting to learn the language. He's a one-shot (or two, three, or whatever), so I don't care about optimization of best choices.
>>
>>52008662
Are you implying that the love of tomboys isn't allowed here?
>>
>>52008763
Not when they have LITERALLY NOTHING to do with Pathfinder.
>>
>>52008188
>>52008626
I can respect axe users as long as we're joined against swords
>>
>>52008763
>>52008772

Yeah, that's some off-topic posting.
>>
>>52008690
>If it is a class skill, and I take my first rank in linguistics, do I only gain one additional learned language

Yes, the +3 isn't extra ranks, they're a bonus. Same as a circumstance can give you a bonus

>If it is not a class skill,

You're right

>With that in mind, if I somehow gain access to the skill as class skill (a single dip in bard, let's say) and I invested a rank in it before, do I automatically gain the trained bonus (+3) once it is added to my list of class skills?

Yes
>>
File: lin.png (230KB, 528x376px) Image search: [Google]
lin.png
230KB, 528x376px
Reminder that tomboy myrmidons are the best.
>>
>>52008690
>>52008789

That last one is nice to know, 'cause some dips have appealed to me, and not every class has swim, climb, and acrobatics.
>>
>>52008763
Despite all appearances to the contrary it is a Pathfinder thread.
>>
>>52008806
>tomboys aren't universal to /tg/
>he never had a session with one
>>
So I have realized as a Rogue with Background skill around, plus being partially Int based and putting my FCB into extra skill ranks I have 14 skill ranks per level to play around with.

Now my character is a member of a wealthy family by day and by night a thief (he is gestalt with Vigilante). Right now my planned skills are the following:

>Appraise
>Acrobatics
>Craft (Locks)
>Bluff
>Disguise
>Disable Device
>Escape Artist
>Knowledge (Local)
>Knowledge (Nobility)
>Linguistics
>Perception
>Stealth
>Sleight of Hand

I am struggling however for where to put my last skill rank. I was thinking about Profession (Merchant), but am unsure. Any thoughts? UMD is always useful I suppose.
>>
>>52008795
>not posting Marisa
>inb4 lol sacred stones
>>
>>52008834
Talk about goddamn Golarion or Dragon Game or fucking EBERRON Tomboys, then! FE ones are ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT.
>>
>>52008834
Jesus christ, at least pretend to talk about pathfinder.
>>
>>52008795
Lyn isn't a tomboy, you goofus. She's just lived out on her own in the middle of bumfuck nowhere for who knows how long.
>>
>>52008849

Fucking get UMD. UMD. UMD. UMD.

I don't like some of the choices of other skills you've picked, but it's your character, and it does fit your character background.

If you have job rolls, craft should cover that (I think).
>>
>>52008776
Then why is she using a sword on a pole?
>>
>>52008868
Who gives a fuck?!
>>
>>52008890
What skills do you not like?

The problem with UMD is I have 7 charisma. Right now I'm replacing Bluff and Disguise with int instead of cha. So even with ranks I'm gonna have a shit bonus.

I could also grab Survival I suppose?
>>
>>52008868
If Hana is such a huge tomboy that it harms her enemies, Lyn counts too.
>>
>>52008911
Pragmatic Activator trait changes it from Cha to Int.
>>
>>52008953
I only have so many traits is the issue.
>>
>>52008957
It's only a slight penalty, ranks + other bonuses will outweigh it. You need to be trained at the very least so you can use it at all.
>>
>>52008911

Appraise is a nice fluff skill, but it fundamentally might only yield a better deal when selling treasure. I've never seen it used for anything except treasure, with the exception of identification of things, which plenty of other skills can cover.

Craft locks is... meh. Will you have downtime to craft things? It can go either way. With your high int, craft is a good skill to have, but it doesn't have to be locks. It could be brewery, jewelry, etc. If you're playing a vigilante too, it might be wise to have a degree of separation between what your alter-ego does and what your masked crusader (or villain) does.

Disguise is another skill that really depends on the campaign. I've wanted to use disguise, and have never actually found a time or place where it would be effective. Also, the penalty for being caught in a disguise can be pretty high stakes.

Nobility is another skill that really depends on the campaign as well. I've never actually seen it rolled. Local was the same back in 3.5, but I've seen a lot of use and value in it in pathfinder. More knowledge skills would be great for you if you're rocking a high int. Maybe a single level dip into bard to get access to all of them + bardic performance?

A lot of linguistics is covered by comprehend languages/tongues. I had a character back in 3.5 who spoke 20+ languages, and I never fucking used a single one. Once again, your mileage may vary.

Stealth can be hit-or-miss too. If everyone in the party is stealthy, it's great. If you're the only one, then your party will be spotted if you all are trying to sneak around. Stealth solo is high risk also, as splitting the party is dangerous, and being alone in the action economy is extremely dangerous. Though, once again, it might fit the flavor of your character and campaign and YMMV.

I haven't used sleight of hand much, either.

But it's your character. You play him (or her) how you want. I question how much utility that spread of skills will provide you.
>>
>>52008897
That's a Naginata you doofus.
>>52008849
Disable Device if you have the ranks. Every team definitively always needs someone who can disable traps.
>>
>>52008911
>>52008996

This. Wands can be used as many times until they succeed (until you roll a 1 on the die, then they're deactivated for 24 hours). Scrolls I think can be used until you succeed as well (though caster level check might be involved, which might cause you to lose the scroll).

In combat, it might not be the best thing to do, but if you aren't under any stress, why not try to activate your wand of invisibility to gain a favorable positioning? Why not use a CLW or infernal healing to patch yourself up?
>>
>>52008997
>>52009029
>>52008996
This is for dragon game. I have no idea who my party members are and not a really good picture on what the campaign structure will be. I'm not sure, it doesn't feel very clear.

Linguistics is for making forgeries mostly.

I'm seeing what you're saying for UMD and might go for it.

Craft locks is entirely for flavor. My character professionally constructs vaults for dragon hoards.
>>
>>52009079

I've never had a character make forgeries, but yeah. That could be a viable option if you do have some control and direction.

It would be wise to try to gain some more clarity and certainty regarding the campaign if you can. Have you played with this GM before? Will he incorporate character strengths, skills, backgrounds, motivations, etc? If that can't be answered, I think a grace period where you can rebuild/revamp/change your character would be nice, especially if you're going in blind.

Definitely keep the craft locks, then. Not many people take craft, profession, and perform skills from what I've seen. There is a lot of possibly utility in being able to produce a bunch of high quality locks on the cheap.
>>
>>52009145
No I mean for Dragons 2. I am unsure of the game's direction there. I suppose asking on the listing would be the best bet.
>>
>>52009174

Oh. I have no idea what that is.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good video or crash course on learning PF?

I'm going to be playing in a game here soon and I don't want to be completely new to the system when I join. I'm well versed in D&D 4e and I've played several games of 5e as well as a one-shot GURPS and a few games of Delta Green; I'm not totally new to RPGs, but I'm new to PF.
>>
File: sword and sword on a pole.jpg (287KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
sword and sword on a pole.jpg
287KB, 1600x1071px
>>52009019
>That's a Naginata you doofus.
Yup. It's a sword on a pole.
>>
>>52009230

Have you played 3.5?

I learned from experience. Try to familiarize yourself with your character, the skill options available, your items, and general combat options. Still new to PF, and that's pretty much what I'm doing at this point. Making lots of mistakes, but learning from them.
>>
>>52009310
No, I haven't played 3.5. My 4e group was going to learn it at one point, but due to various reasons we had to postpone our games and then we eventually quit playing.
>>
>>52009230
Turn back while you still can, we don't like PF, we put up with PF.

Real talk though. Pathfinder's mechanics are much less elegant than 4e or 5e. This has its advantages, but it also makes learning the game a much less organic experience. I honestly suggest you read the Core rulebook and do your best to memorize relevant rules. Guides don't tend to be useful for new players because they're largely tailored towards optimizations and actual play can end up wildly different depending on who you're with.
>>
>>52009348
Well that's not encouraging. I'll download a PDF of the core book here tomorrow and get to reading. I was just hoping to take the lazy way out and watch a (known) good video and just take notes.

The GM is pretty experienced with PF, so I think I'm in good hands as far as that goes, and we're playing an official module. Can't say I ever really planned to get into PF but I'll be damned if I'm not itching to start playing RPGs again.
>>
>>52009398
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Here ya go.

Worth mentioning though, they moved sites a little bit ago, so some things might still be a titch broken.
>>
>>52009398

What's the module? Some are good and some are... ungood.
>>
>>52009398
If you have someone experienced ready to teach you, learning as you go might not be a bad call. There's a lot of esoteric shit in Pathfinder you mostly pick up through play, and you don't have to worry about learning something and finding out your group houseruled it there's a lot of houseruling in Pathfinder, everyone knows the rules are shit or uses an official variant.

Character creation is deceptively simple. If you hang out around here, or in other "right" circles you'll see a lot of talk about optimization, but honestly screwing up is mostly a result of experimentation. There's a huge amount of options in the game and 90% of them are bad, learn to stick with the good ones, you'll know what they are because everyone takes them, and you'll be playable at the absolute worst. Stick to simple, the game is terribly balanced but being unbalanced is surprisingly not a very big deal in practice.

You need the right mindset playing this game, and a lot of that has to do with going along with things.
>>
>>52009426
>Pathfinder Adventure Path - Giantslayer

GM ruled no guns and core races, and classes +classes from APG (except summoner).

>>52009421
Thanks, I'll poke though that in the morning. Gonna catch this thread tomorrow as it's getting late for me.

>>52009438
Good to know a bit about the meta going in, thanks. I'm also quite familiar with official rules (specifically RAW) being awful having played 4e for years.
>>
>>52009464
>I'm also quite familiar with official rules (specifically RAW) being awful having played 4e for years.
Pathfinder's on another level anon, you'll see. The main appeal of the game is the insane amount of choices, 90% of the game is unplayable trash and there're still enough first party when you cut all that out that you'd never see everything. The core mechanics themselves collapse in on themselves while you're playing the game cautiously, forcing you to make calls on how something ought to work so you can keep going.
>>
Is someone who kills thousands so millions are spared Lawful Evil or a deluded Lawful Good?
>>
>>52009518
Hmm, I think I'm going to choose the path of ignorance and avoid attempting to learn anything other than basic core rules.

This should be fun.

Thanks PFG.
>>
>>52009549
So you're going to focus on the 90% huh?
>>
>>52009541

Is it murder?

Murder -> Evil

If it's like, "you have to drown a puppy and a baby in order to save 100 people" that would be bad in my book.

If it's like, these people are trying to murder, subjugate, and enslave everyone else, then it's good to prevent that initiation of violence against innocents.
>>
>>52009627
A decent, if not all that deep, look at these outlooks was in Tales of Vesperia. Basically, what to do about banal evils, and what happens when *technically* everything a villain is doing is perfectly within the law.
>>
>>52009541
Could be literally any alignment. We need more information about the character, their life, and the situation surrounding this hypothetical dilemma.
>>
>>52009683

Basically someone who works as part of an army conquering whose policy for conquering cities is:

Surrender = You are spared and treated fairly.
Fight = Everybody dies.

Just like in real life.

I was wondering if rationalisations and self-denials count.
>>
>>52009541
Probably some kind of Neutral, but as the other anon said, could be any alignment.

Alignment is pretty shit but people always get the wrong idea about it, that it has a lot to do with either personality or actions. Both of those factor in and a crude jerk who mass murders people is probably evil, but by the Core Rulebook definitions, goals and philosophy are really more important.

A Paladin gets away with being Lawful Good as he cuts through a village of orc, paying little mind to the possibility that some of them might be redeemed because it's too dangerous to stop and talk to each one. A Cleric might be Chaotic Evil even though he's friendly and hasn't hurt anyone his entire life, because he knows with no delusions that the orphans he raises are going to be sacrifices and agents of his mad god someday when the time comes.

Belief and rationale are important but the big questions are, who are they when there's nothing forcing their hand, and what would they do in their perfect world.
>>
What class should have the highest CON. How High should it be?
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne

Ideally, the game will start running in two weeks. I'll give about a week to a week and a half for applications.
>>
>>52009767
>Quick Draw and Improved Initative are combined under a single feat.
This excites me way more than it reasonably should. I fucking love quick draw but goddamn is it difficult to justify spending a feat on it.
>>
>>52009712
Why do they obey? Fear of a powerful ruler? A firm belief in the cause they serve? We need to know more to determine this individual's Lawful/Chaotic status.
>>
>>52009712
The alignment system isn't suited to dealing with anything more morally complex than a Saturday morning cartoon. Trying to push it further will yield nothing but frustration and failure.
>>
>>52008795
>long hair
>form fitting shirt
>leg slits all the way up
>no pants
>"tomboy"
>>
File: 57277591_p0.png (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
57277591_p0.png
2MB, 2560x2560px
trying to make someone who fights with a sword and a scabbard for dragon 2

how would you do it pfg?

3rd party is cool of course
>>
>>52009788
That's the idea behind that, yeah.
>>
>>52009814
Ask the GM if you can fluff a buckler as a scabbard.
>>
>>52009767
Any chance for a day other than Saturday?
>>
>>52009814
There is a magical item, I believe, in one of the Legendary books. If that interests you I will attempt to find it. Otherwise, just go twf and fluff your scabbard as a club or light mace.
>>
>>52009831
Any day that's not Monday or Wednesday.
>>
>>52009814
Sharpened Combat Scabbard is a scimitar without the crit range or feat association. It used to have a crit range but then they errata'd it out, boo.

Take it with a longsword or something and build for two-weapon fighting. I recommend Slayer because you're not going to get dex to damage on the scabbard. Vigilante is a great gestalt as it always is, Warpriest will give you that lovely Will save and eventually scale your weapons up, Barbarian is fucking Barbarian.

I don't know shit about 3pp but I'm sure Path of War has some bullshit available.
>>
>>52009814

This >>52009833

Or take Catch off guard, improv. weapon mastery, etc.

I know that there are combat scabbards or something in Adventurer's Armory, but I don't know what they do.
>>
>>52009767
1. Is the blood money spell allowed?

2. Is the Sacred Geometry feat allowed?

3. Is the Fey Obedience (Magdh) feat allowed?
>>
How do I roleplay a low charisma char who works as the right hand of the King's court? Should the char be rude, stoic, weak-willed, something else...?
>>
>>52009854
I would refer to you the part that says that I am not looking for mechanical monsters.

Blood money's no.
>>
>>52009857

My 5 cha dwarf was played where I was bursting with personality in all of the wrong ways. That was fun.

I think also someone who has a lack of personality would fit, too. Really boring. Self-centered, droning, etc.

How low of a Cha are we talking, here?
>>
>>52009877
2. Is the Sacred Geometry feat allowed?

3. Is the Fey Obedience (Magdh) feat allowed?
>>
>>52009880
Apply and find out I guess. It all depends on the concept.
>>
File: 1485744929062.jpg (35KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1485744929062.jpg
35KB, 310x310px
>>52009854
Is this a new copypasta?

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/%22blood%20money%20spell%22/
>>
>>52009889
4. Is pre-game crafting allowed? If so, then how will pre-game crafting with the Craft Wondrous Item feat work? Will it follow the +25% WBL guideline in this page (scroll down to Adjusting Character Wealth by Level)?
>>
What's the code of conduct you follow about off-session roleplay scenes without the GM?

Most of the ones I've done have the characters stay in one place and have a conversation and try to affect or interact with the outside setting as little as possible, just in case we contradict any GM hidden plans, but that feels pretty restricting a lot of the time.

Do you all stick to the same? Or do you make up places to visit, and introduce tertiary NPCs, and other things?
>>
>>52009879

5 charisma tiefling.
>>
>>52009814
>>52009843
Oh, adding onto what I said. Take a look into:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/equipment-trick-combat/#Heavy_Blade_Scabbard_Tricks

I built a character like this once for a game I never ended up playing so I did a lot of research into obscure weapon options.
>>
>>52009898
I'm being memed on, but since the game starts level 1 I do allow pre-game crafting.
>>
>>52009892

It is, yeah. 2Hu asked it once now it gets repeated endlessly.
>>
>>52009814
Legendary Vigilante

SHEATH OF PERFECT DEFENSE PRICE 4,354 GP
Slot none; CL 5th; Weight 4 lbs.
Aura faint abjuration
This +1 combat scabbard is treated as being wielded for the
purpose of its effects when worn on a creature’s hip or back, and
grants a +1 shield bonus whenever its wielder makes an iaijutsu
slash as long as they have a free hand. This bonus stacks with that
provided by the sheath block talent. If an attack would miss this
weapon’s wielder by an amount equal to or less than the shield
bonus provided by this weapon and the sheath block talent, the
creature whom made that attack takes a -1 circumstance penalty
to their AC and CMD for 1 round, being knocked off balance.
If the wielder has the master slash class feature, this penalty
increases to -2. If the wielder has the divine slash class feature,
this penalty increases to -3.
CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS COST 2,177 GP
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, shield
>>
>>52009907

Oh shit, knucka. You needa let them demonic heritage come out. Do things weird and off putting. Miss out on social cues. Be a bit of an ass. Though, I think that this might be hard to reconcile with being the right hand of the king.

When you play the character, though, it is important to pick up on social cues. Don't take things too far for the other players and GM. If something is not landing well, ditch it. The goal is to play an unsettling character, not to unsettle the other players.
>>
>>52009898
>>52009917
There isn't even any way to pick up Craft Wondrous Item at 1 is there?

That aside, I am interested in his question in regards to mundane gear because I'm considering a blacksmith. Would we just assume 1/3rd or 1/4th cost on equipment you'd meet take 10 minimums on?
>>
>>52009943
As long as you meet Take 10, mundane stuff you make is the regular 1/3rd price for crafting.

I think there's feats that affect that, maybe?
>>
File: JjM2x (1).png (594KB, 731x709px) Image search: [Google]
JjM2x (1).png
594KB, 731x709px
>>52009932

Would Sima Yi unsettling outbursts and mannerisms fit the bill?
>>
>>52009979

Don't know who that is, don't know the character that you want to play, don't know what will work well in your group.

Bed time.

Something, something, thanatos' monologue in venture bros maybe something

https://youtu.be/OyP1UIHUAz4?t=65
>>
>>52009767
I haven't seen a game with so little meme in ages.
>>
File: hqdefault (13).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (13).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>52009999

https://youtu.be/Vq8n1FWSDck?t=54
>>
>>52010000
Quads of good luck?
>>
>>52010011
What the fuck is going on with those subs? Spelling and grammar checkers aren't that hard to come by.
>>
>>52010012
Let's call it that. Your game will run smoothly going forward. Also once, when things are going to shit and you hope your player rolls a natural 20 because you can't fiat a way to save them otherwise, it'll happen.
>>
File: Hmmm.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
53KB, 256x256px
Would a large Falcata be a decent weapon for a 2-hand fighter or should I just stick with falchion/greatsword? Feat cost notwithstanding.
>>
>>52009767
Is the Fey Obedience (Magdh) feat allowed?
>>
>>52010153
A large falcata is the best. Though cheesy as fuck.
>>
File: End of Eggvangelion.png (451KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
End of Eggvangelion.png
451KB, 720x480px
>>52010228
Fighters need all the help they can get so cheese isn't even a factor for me.

Also it turns out I'm retarded because I didn't notice that Heirloom Weapon only applies to martial or simple weapons. Oh well. One feat for a fighter isn't that bad, especially for a human one.
>>
Should I pick Intimidating Prowess with Char 5 but Str 17/8, if Intimidate is a class skill?
>>
Cannot into finding half-giant stats? help
>>
>>52010388
Psionics Unleashed, but why?

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/half-giant/
>>
>>52010443
Thanks, just wasn't coming up when I searched.
I was thinking about making a half-giant Inquisitor of Erastil with the Zen Archery feat from Paths of the Righteous, if my GM would allow it. He's letting us make secondary characters so we can have a pool to draw from, and it fit a guide to meet a storm giant in Nirmathas pretty well.

But with all that focus on psionics I think I'm better off just making a more standard human Inquisitor and saying he's got giant blood. Skode would be a really good deity for him this way.
>>
>>52009918
>once
>>
What is the best build for a battle cleric/warpriest of Gorum?
>>
>>52010530
Arsenal Chaplain. Weapon Training and AWTs are incredible.
>>
>>52010530
I'd go with a standard unarchetyped warpriest then just build it like a regular two hand fighter, only stopping for quickened blessing as soon as its available.

It is both a simple yet elegant class in that you can't go wrong and will still have fun. From what I remember, it has enough bonus feats that you can also integrate archery in there for some switch hitting fun.
>>
>>52010530
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W6dHso4mjE4WbO02366fY2YEjhP1pyR8gJvW6bqJILg/edit?hl=en

It's old, but it should help you get started.
>>
>>52010559
A human warpriest gets 10 feats from levels, 6 from class features, 3 from FCBs and 1 from race for a total of 20.
>>
>>52010559
Probably enough that you can go for a basic two hander, archery, and even the boon companion feat line so you can have a fancy mount if the game lasted long enough.
>>
>>52010607

But warpriests don't get companions.
>>
How do you make crossbows work and what stats/skills/equipment do you need?
>>
>>52010647
Required: Refluff a longbow as a crossbow.
Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Manyshot.
>>
>>52010636
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/animal-ally/
>>
>>52010647
>How do you make crossbows work
You don't
>What stats/skills/equipment do you need
You need so many feats it's not even funny. Dex (or Wis if you put guided on it) is the only stat that matters. As for equipment, apparently there's something called a "Minotaur double crossbow" (you'll have to google this since it's not listed under the weapons section) that, if your GM allows you to use it, causes all successful attacks to be doubled.
>>
>>52010570
>Tark
>Useful guide
Haha
>>
>>52010647
Pick that one crossbow that lets you reload as a free then dip bolt ace for dex to damage then cry as you realize you had to go through so many hoops compared to the commoner and his bow.
>>
>>52010647
They're okay at vital strike and nothing else
>>
>>52010672
What's wrong with Tark?
>>
>>52010669
Also check out Sohei monk, at level 6 you can make a flurry of blows with any weapon you choose to take weapon training in.
>>
>>52010715
Doesnt do the research, relies heavily on RAI and often goes "I'm sure you're GM will allow this" or some shit.
>>
>>52010734
[citation needed]
>>
Using an Evil descriptor spell turns you Evil even if you use it for Good?
>>
What god is suitable for perversion and extreme sexual deviancy, particularly for a cleric?
>>
File: claws on feet retarded.png (82KB, 331x592px) Image search: [Google]
claws on feet retarded.png
82KB, 331x592px
>>52010738
>>
>>52010742
Yes. But you have it backwards. Using an evil spell doesn't turn you evil. Only evil people use evil spells. The alignment system works off actions, not intentions.

>>52010746
Lamashtu or Zon-Kuthon. Like, half the daemonic harbingers.
>>
>>52010785
This is why in the old PHB when Jozan used Symbol of Pain, we knew that his god could not be pelor, but was really Iomedae
>>
>>52010647
Spheres of Might.
>>
File: Pelor is Zarus.png (287KB, 1003x3232px) Image search: [Google]
Pelor is Zarus.png
287KB, 1003x3232px
>>52010810
Do any non-humans worship Iomedae?
>>
>>52010846
Yes. Irabeth, /pfg/'s hatefu, is a half-orc paladin of Iomedae.
>>
>>52009767
Looks like you're going to have a fantastic game.
>>
>>52010895
Why?
>>
>>52009767
>Luna R.
Haha no thanks
>>
>>52010898
Hey romance wrath GM, are you lurking?
>>
File: 1486948881975.jpg (112KB, 596x811px) Image search: [Google]
1486948881975.jpg
112KB, 596x811px
I want to play a greatsword or sword and board martial that doesn't use any armor. What's the best way to go about this, avoiding monk?

Or as a martial that won't use armor, what's the best trade off that sacrifices armor proficiency feats?

Restricted to Paizo material.
>>
>>52010933
Play a high dex twf build with agile sword/board+Pihranna strike?

I guess you can RP as one of those hollow thieves from DS1 and go skinny ninja with a dagger and shield.
>>
File: 4c3018a9b63ec7ced3ab88dc8c2b5dd7.jpg (194KB, 1070x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4c3018a9b63ec7ced3ab88dc8c2b5dd7.jpg
194KB, 1070x1000px
>>52010907
What's wrong with Luna?
>>
>>52010933
>not using armor
Don't actively gimp yourself like this. A mithril chain shirt is light, doesn't give you major penalties, and gives you a solid boost to your AC. Use it.
>>
>>52010933
Look into the book Chainmail Bikini.
>>
>>52010945

So rely on high dexterity to compensate for the lower AC, and lowering strength to reduce the MAD? Could work. My DM makes getting specific items / enhancements very difficult though.

>>52010966

Part of the character concept, has a kind of 'armor is for cowards' insanity / Sparta. It's fine if they die early.
>>
>>52010945
>>52010996

Work towards the Duelist PrC, they get an armor bonus keyed to Intelligence.
>>
>>52010898
No specific reason. It's just a well made LFG page.
>>
>>52010996
Spartans wore armor just like all of their contemporaries. They were crazy about battle and had a thing about cowardice and desertion but they weren't stupid and didn't have a death wish.
>>
>>52010996
It sounds like the refuge of the incompetent, when you think about it, though.

>What happened to your armor?
>uh... um.... fuck. uh... Oh. ARMOR IS FOR COWARDS AND FOOLS! I WILL TAKE AWAY THEIR METAL BAWKSES!

>What? You can't even figure out these simple reasoning problems?
>SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!
>>
>>52010950
The last game I played with him, the GM kicked him out for metagaming
>Somehow knows exactly where to go to avoid traps
>Knows exactly how to solve non combat encounters before the GM finishes describing the area
>Party runs into some monster pup, we knock it out and decide how we can re-release it into the wild, His PC suddenly kills it and demands its fur for no reason at all
That was apparently the last straw as the GM would later tell us that the fur was apparently related to some sort of romance sidequest later on in the campaign

Other notable mentions from other encounters in pub games
>Constantly tries to get other PCs killed
>Refuses to cooperate with the team specially if it means another PC might get killed as a direct result of non cooperation
>Bitches at the GM if he refuses to run things his way
>Bitches at the party if they do something that remotely comes close to taking the spotlight away from him
>Shows up but refuses to play telling the GM he's depressed (likely because of the above)
>>
>>52009541
It's 100% ok if they are deliberately causing or intending to cause harm!

I doubt anyone would even blink if you blew up an attacking army. Everyone is entitled to self defense.
>>
>>52011050
What adventure was this?
>>
>>52011054

Twenty thousand cases of self-defense!
>>
>>52010974

Would probably work, but seems a little too magical. My group is pretty straight.

>>52011003

Canny defence doesn't work with shields. I could push for elven curve blade, but it wouldn't sync with the other features.
>>
>>52010785
>Only evil people use evil spells
Doesn't make much sense, there's no restrictions in my class from using evil spells (qinggong monk) like it happens with Paladins or Clerics
>>
>>52011033
>>52011046

Yes. I was just hoping to get my 300 / Conan on, but it seems pathfinder makes it quite difficult. I'll probably have to scrap the concept.
>>
>>52011063
Sounds like Awoo
>>
>>52011125

What about the Ranger archetype that gives a bonus to AC from Charisma?
>>
>>52011092
If it happened to an American in North Korea and happened to be the NK army dying then they'd make a film about it and call him a hero!
>>
>>52011125
You know that cool fantasy concept you're into?

Yeah, you can't do that in Pathfinder.
>>
>>52011100
Because they're SLAs, not spells. A spell with an [evil] descriptor is made of evil. A qinggong monk's ki powers are made from ki and aren't inherently evil.
>>
File: awooohug.jpg (104KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
awooohug.jpg
104KB, 992x1403px
>>52011131
>Awoo

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>52011147
Reign of Winter. The AP with awoos.
>>
>>52011125
>300
>Conan

normies GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52011147
Reign of winter
That one AP where you can woo the awoo if you had a baby awoo fur scarf which makes 0 fucking sense now that I think about it.
>>
>>52010742
Yes, same way if you use a Good spell turns you Good even if you use it for Evil purposes
>>
>>52011132

Which is that? Google's giving me the feat Osyluth Guile which could partially work, but nothing for ranger. I'll start running through them.
>>
>>52011184

It was the ranger archetype used by Red Sonja in that crossover comic, fuck if I remember what it was called but it gave you Cha-to-AC.
>>
Would the Healing Domain power work with CLW wands?
>>
Whats the best martial weapon to pair with deadly agility?
>>
>>52011184

Found it! The archetype is called the Sword-Devil, and it's impossible to find online (but the trove might have it.)
>>
>>52011261
Elven Curve Blade
>>
>>52011270
B-but thats exotic sempai.
>>
>>52011274

Not for a half-elf!
>>
>>52011274
Not for elves and half-elves with elven weapon familiarity.
>>
>>52011268

Thank you, not sure my gm would run with it, but it could work. See how things go.
>>
>>52011278
>>52011284
Second best then if you would please.
>>
>>52011284

Switching to Half-elf to get weapon familiarity is like spending the Human bonus feat to get EWP.
>>
>>52011304

Wasn't there a recent prestige class that could let you use a glaive with finesse? It was the brush something.
>>
>>52011307
>Not taking the human ART that gives you a bunch of weapon proficiencies

Acquire proficiency, my dude.
>>
>>52011313
Why not just take polearm dancer then?
>>
>>52011304

The longsword or greatsword with effortless lace becomes a light weapon and can thus be used with finesse.
>>
>>52011313
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/bladed-brush-combat/
For Shelynites.
>>
>>52011321
If you're going that route then you should use an effortless lace falchion or two-handed estoc.
>>
>>52011324

Yeah, this! This is perfect!

The anon should use this!
>>
File: 1389469351704.gif (3MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1389469351704.gif
3MB, 420x236px
>>52011324
>So perfect it hurts
Too bad my deity is a jealous and vengeful one
>>
>>52011372

Are you a slut, or a cutie pie?

Only sluts work with Calistria, and you're CUTE!
>>
File: 68641609469d41b68a96ff8659b142fa.jpg (242KB, 690x1317px) Image search: [Google]
68641609469d41b68a96ff8659b142fa.jpg
242KB, 690x1317px
>>52011324
>Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus, and Bladed Brush to finesse a glaive

>still no Dex to damage

Why must life be suffering?
>>
>Caothic Neutral player suggest, non-maliciously, to launch a false attack against a group of refugees so they revolt and cut off the head of the evil count.
>>
Are glaives cute?
>>
File: patrickbarbarian.jpg (7KB, 325x367px) Image search: [Google]
patrickbarbarian.jpg
7KB, 325x367px
>>52011411
What?
>>
>>52011425
It's pretty simple. Evil count. Guy suggests a false flag attack to rile up the people against him. It's a suggestion made as a plan, not just "lul what if" even though he's Chaotic Neutral.
>>
>>52011422

They're certainly the most elegant two-handed weapon in the system, and tied with the katana and Dueling Sword for grace.

I wouldn't call them cute, but I would call them gorgeous.
>>
>>52011050
This does sound like stuff Luna does, but I honestly have them under tight leash for this kind of stuff since I know how they can be. They have been warned about this even before I posted the lfg.

If I ever get the thought that they are metagaming or being bitchy/paranoid as they get, it's the boot. Otherwise I'm trying to be nice to a friend.
>>
>>52011438
False Flag operations have been Plan A of certain countries since the 1950s. A lesson learned from Goering, and one put to unimaginable global usage since then.

There's even entire psy-op divisions whose sole duty it is to make sure that anyone who points such moves out is discredited and considered a tinfoil-wearing loon. It's SO effective that sometimes, even when the truth comes out completely publicly less than a decade later, those who pointed it out before are STILL considered to have been both wrong and worthlessly insane. In fact, to much of the population, the "attack" still happened!

... But that's in no way chaotic. It takes some serious discipline and organizational skills to set this shit all up and keep every last lie updated.
>>
File: 1240598504424.jpg (30KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1240598504424.jpg
30KB, 250x300px
>>52008795
Ayyyyy.
>>
>>52011497
Nah, its not worth it. I think I'll just dodge this one.
>>
How do I get Slashing/Fencing Grace at level 1 as a 3/4 BAB class?
>>
>>52008868

Foul-mouthed provincial girls are the absolute best.
>>
>>52011640
Alright, feel free to. I certainly wouldn't blame you, but I have a good feeling about this.
>>
>>52010712
Vital strike is utterly terrible, though, unless you're a Druid that wildshapes into T-rex or something.
>>
Which feats would you consider bad? Which good-sounding ones are actually traps?
>>
Where does fey obedience even come from? It must be from a brand spanking new book, because it's never come up in my games
>>
>>52011406
Put Agile on your glaive, then.
>>
>>52011832

It's from a book that came out two years ago.
>>
>>52008044
>>52008188
>>52008776
>>52011422
>Adherence to ONE weapon

Mah waifu weapon. Melee set
1. Spear/halberd
2. Sword and/or maul
3. Shield
4. Knife
Range set
1. Xbow (then not operating artillery)
2-4. Same (dunno surely about shield though)
>>
>>52011873

Can someone give me the skinny on Roil Dancers?
>>
>>52012099

https://sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist/archetypes/dreamscarred-press---kineticist-archetypes/roil-dancer
>>
>>52011438
Is the player a fan of Tactics Ogre per chance?
>>
>>52011932

I want to make a map consisting entirely of 5-foot walkways where the party is peppered by foes with bows that blow them back 5 feet on a successful hit.

And then they have to FIGHT those enemies, who have Combat Maneuvers, on five-foot ledges!
>>
>>52012229
>the ranged player smiles broadly at finally for once getting to truly shine when it's usually been short corridors full of melee and corners he can't shoot around until higher levels

>probably gets accused of cheating for clearing this area, told he's making it unfun for everyone by at least one other player when he first takes a guy down, and given a generic "warning" about not doing "shit like this again", with no real specifications as to what the shit was, "stop arguing about it or you're out of here"

gods, I hate you already.
>>
>newest submission to Dragon 2 is named Rorymei.
>There is already a Rory

This might get confusing
>>
File: are you my nigga.jpg (263KB, 573x1941px) Image search: [Google]
are you my nigga.jpg
263KB, 573x1941px
>tfw Rory's player is such a QT I kinda want to change my char's app so we're already buddies and have a relationship like pic related
>>
>>52010785
>Using an evil spell doesn't turn you evil.

According to Horror Adventures, using an evil spell does, in fact, turn you evil.

Mind, it doesn't affect behavior at all. You can use Infernal Healing as much as you want to cure orphans but the only result is you're damned to hell for wanting to heal someone efficiently ^^;
>>
>>52012285
I can get behind this.

Rory is the best N I
>>
>>52012272

One must mount the other to establish dominance.
>>
>>52012348
>Rory 1 is a literal wolf

Why do these things just so happen to line up perfectly?
>>
>>52012359
>Rory 2 is a trap
I can feel the yaoi fanfics being written already.
>>
>Romance GM willing to integrate martial traditions into the narrative
The way the gm is willing to integrate so many things into the overarching story is really promising. I really hope this game takes off and isnt a bitter bamboozle like one anon threatenes he would pull.
>>
>>52012413
Rory Karskys and Rorymei both end up being great friends

Rory Karskys teases Rorymei about his height

Rory Karskys is 6'7" and 75lbs heavier than Rorymei. Rorymei is 4'8".

Pls.
>>
>>52012473
Don't forget the part where they take turn pulling each other's tail!
>>
The life of the unmemed is one of pain and solitude.
>>
File: spaghetti.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
>>52012509
At least you're not alone.
>>
>>52012473
>>52012494
>>52012285
>>52012312
Fuck off back to the listing thread.
>>
>>52012528
At this point I'm just praying Rory doesn't get in.
>>
>>52012528
You fuck off back to /b/ kid.
>>
>>52012536
which one?
>>
>>52012526

Why is Tamamo (best girl) eating so much spaghetti?
>>
>>52012576
Cause you made too much and if she doesn't eat it all it'll go to waste and that's criminal.
>>
>>52012576
Because the thickness of the pasta reminds her of your dick she has never touched, shame you couldn't get the length right.
>>
So why the hell do people keep applying to Romance as evil characters when it's running the one AP where you're explicitly the good guys getting ready to stomp on some evil necks? Am I just overthinking it?
>>
>>52012570
The one people keep spamming in this thread.

so both, possibly

>>52012627
Because /pfg/ is filled with edgelords? You don't have to be good, though, you just have to be willing to stomp on evil necks.
>>
>>52012627
You're overthinking it bruh.
>>
File: CascaDress.png (518KB, 815x1741px) Image search: [Google]
CascaDress.png
518KB, 815x1741px
>>52009808
>Clothing determines personality
I bet you think pic related isn't a tomboy.
>>
What apps for Dragon2 have the best chance of getting in?

Completed apps only?
>>
>>52012699
That's also not that character's normal outfit and is something she's explicitly uncomfortable wearing you dongus.
>>
>>52012726
No one who's got a backstory is explicitly on my shit list.
>>
>>52012726
>completed apps only

There's basically still two weeks until the deadline anon.
>>
>>52012742
>normally wears a skirt
>spends all day lusting after a pretty boy & then a buff guy
>>
>>52012824
To be fair, even men lust after said pretty boy and burly man.
>>
>>52012627
Because I want to play as an evil character that genuinely wants to be good and I want to experience this gradual shift as a monumental effort that is a result of his actions rather than something I chose for him at chargen.
>>
>>52012786
Thats surprising given the salt you got
>>
>>52012699
>that clothing

Always don't like such veil. There's much better.
>>
>>52010933
The easiest thing I can imagine is by playing an Unchained Rogue, and just pumping Dexterity as much as you can; your "greatsword" is going to have to be an Elven Curve Sword or an Estoc, and your Sword-And-Board will have to use a Rapier or other 1-handed Finesse weapon.
>>
>>52011406
Play an Unchained Rogue.
>>
>>52013007

Tomboys getting treated like princesses when they put on a dress is always the best.
>>
>>52013007
Nazi was okay but hypercompetent oneechan was much better
>>
>>52012538

rekt desu senpai
>>
>>52013050

You don't treat tomboys like princesses when they're not in dresses?
>>
>>52012786
So let's take it the other way then..

Who're the for sure picks?
>>
>>52013164
Doug
>>
>>52013184
VINTAGE.
>>
>>52013050
Sometimes put on a dress, sometimes Kino-tier clothes, sometimes naked. That's da best.

>>52013051
>hypercompetent oneechan

Tatenashi?
>>
>>52013210
Chifuyu you dumbdumb
>>
File: the hardest part of ANY chargen.jpg (44KB, 352x546px) Image search: [Google]
the hardest part of ANY chargen.jpg
44KB, 352x546px
>have an app completed and ready to post
>drawing a blank for a name
Why is thinking up a name always the hardest part?
>>
File: 1451873016630.jpg (150KB, 721x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1451873016630.jpg
150KB, 721x1109px
>>52008188
Anon, best girls use magic.
>>
>>52013193
>>52013164

I do have one peve at the moment, if you're gonna drown me in backstory, puta tldr or some bullets points. It makes the decision process easier
>>
>>52013289

Tell us about your character!
>>
>>52013257
Ah, you like PLAYING with sister?
Tatenashi got in mind because of "competence" and SO typical Russian name.
>>
>>52013289
Anon, just choose a letter in your mind, then add some by reflex. Keep adding them on and you have your own name. Even better if you close your eyes.
>>
>>52013324
Alright, though what would you define as being "drowned in backstory" though? Like, can we get an example?
>>
>>52013366
>NOT being a siscon
OUT
>>
File: open it please.png (223KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
open it please.png
223KB, 500x500px
Anons. Go hug your imouto. Tell her you love her. Report results.
>>
>>52013378

>S
>SEXY DYNAMITE

Huh.
>>
How can I find a game to join as a player? There's no game finder thread, and I'm too self-conscious to make one since I barely post here. I'm posting here because I'm most interested in trying pathfinder (though I'll try most systems)
>>
>>52013419

You should check out Roll20, it's got an excellent LFG system!
>>
>>52013388
Mercedes's backstory and a few of similar length could benefit from a summary or bullet points
>>
>>52013453
>mfw haven't been reading any of the applications after posting my own
>this wall exists
holy shit man
>>
>>52013408

My imouto is halfway across the country!
>>
>>52013453

What if I only post the tldr of my character, and not a full written description?
>>
>>52013289
Brynhildr. Ayame. Marie. Jeanne. Florence. Hengjuan. Reika.

>>52013408
She's asleep.
>>
>>52007965
>What is the cutest weeb-themed character you have ever played?
Shy Goliath
>>
>>52013453
What would you consider too little to work with? Do you have any examples?
>>
>>52013503
Nice job.
>>
File: Baron_Rivendare_TCG.jpg (178KB, 750x936px) Image search: [Google]
Baron_Rivendare_TCG.jpg
178KB, 750x936px
>>52013408
>implying I have one
>implying hugs are not for the living
>implying they have any power over the damned
>>
Is Crimson Countess (the Harbinger Archetype) any good?
>>
>>52013514

Yyyep, I realized.
>>
>>52013396
It's just no so typical.
>>
>>52013521

Undead give the best hugs and thigh pillows, they're naturally cool!
>>
>>52011050
I think you frankly might be thinking of someone else. I just asked, Luna was in a Reign of Winter game, but they only stayed in it for two sessions because the microphones made them uncomfortable. They never even met a monster pup, only bandits. They left on their own, with good standing with the other players.

So, nah, I knew this sounded fishy.
>>
>>52013289
Alpha-45, Delta-3, Prophet-08
>>
>>52013545

How do microphones make you uncomfortable?
>>
>>52013527

At high levels, you can have some truly amazing dinner parties.

>"Oh, I don't think I could eat another bite. Maybe just one more..."
>Explode in a tidal wave of blood
>>
>>52013527
It's good if your GM likes to throw bosses with loads of weak minions at you.

Claim the minions, and slowly auto-heal yourself as you facetank the boss.

Also if you happen to want to play a vampire without actually being a vampire or having to write bad Twilight fanfics.
>>
>>52013494
Long as you have a couple paragraphs. You should be fine
>>
>>52013568
The same reason most people on /pfg/ don't like using voice.
>>52013545
Because if someone actually acted like they were described in the previous anon's post, they'd totally admit it...
>>
>>52013568
There can be multiple factors. Not being a native speaker, just being shy in general, etc.
>>
>>52013508

Brynhildr sounds like an Ulfen shield-maiden with a blonde braid over her shoulder.
>>
>>52013600
Well you're not far off

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr
>>
>>52013597
Luna insists that this was a game they left on good terms and that people were super nice in it. It really was just a microphone issue.

What class was Luna playing?
>>
File: 1457932085878.png (205KB, 890x570px) Image search: [Google]
1457932085878.png
205KB, 890x570px
>>52013600
Brynhildr is suffering incarnate.
>>
About to play my first Pathfinder game next Friday. Rolling a Warpriest worshipping Gorum.

She's afraid of heights and taller people/giant monsters while she sits at 5' 5''. And apparently the group I'm running with loves the idea.

What should I expect?
>>
>>52013673
So what makes her a Gorumite?
>>
>>52013673

What's the campaign?
>>
>>52013673
being BULLIED
>>
>>52013673

Where's she from? Give us details and we will suggest places to learn more about your girl's origin and ethnicity... And when you learn that, your roleplay is enriched!
>>
>>52009767
I'm sort of new to Pathfinder, in that I've done a ton of reading on it in preparation for a game played with friends that only ended up lasting one session
I know it says you're not welcoming new players, but would that be too much of a stretch? Or would you rather have particularly experienced players?
>>
>>52013673
This. I'd scrap whatever character I was building to make some 6'6" Half-orc to bully the shortie.
>>52013686
>>
>>52013707

Anon, please! We'd love to have you, just get ready to ask all sorts of questions on here to make sure you're steering into Acceptance Bay!
>>
>>52013673
Shortstack jokes. Especially if you have high Con/Cha.
>>
>>52013707
New players are more than welcome, of course, as long as I don't have to babysit your character sheet. Know what your numbers do and mean!

Messing up is always fine, even I do it all the time. Just don't ask 'uuuuh how do I roll this' a month into the game!
>>
>>52013682
Forgot to mention, she's timid as hell, very easily intimidated (I actually told the DM to give people who roll for it to get a plus against her). But she follows him in hopes her faith will help her overcome her fears and timidness.

>>52013683
Its Rise of Runelords. Please don't spoil anything. D:

>>52013704
After tossing around some ideas, we decided she's part not-gypsie and comes into the campaign with a traveling gypsie band. That idea came after I mentioned what I based her on was a half Irish girl.

>>52013713
There's a guy playing a cockney Orc that's 6' 9''.

>>52013728
She actually has a fairly small chest, and she has 8 Cha since she's not good with people.
>>
File: tumblr_okawn8f6UQ1rcs9gvo3_1280.jpg (273KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okawn8f6UQ1rcs9gvo3_1280.jpg
273KB, 1280x960px
>>52013673
>>52013759

You're going to be facing your fears a LOT.
>>
>>52013686
Remind me of Sacred.
There quest from female royal agent to eliminate some criminal scum (barbarian, mage, minotaur, something else). There has been heavy implitation that she has been raped by freaking minotaur.
>>
>>52013775
Figured that. They all cackled when I told them her fears.

Lets hope I don't lose my rolls.
>>
>>52013759

Ooh, your girl is part Varisian and part... What? She's half-gypsy in Varisia, which could mean anything from having an Ulfen father or Chelaxian mother!

What's she look like? Is she blonde, or have unusually pale skin? Which side was the non-Varisian, and what gender?
>>
>>52013759
>trying to become brave through Gorum

Why not Jaidz? That's kind of his whole thing.
>>
>>52013512
Outside of a promise to fill in later,

A name, three sentences and a picture is too little
>>
How well does an antipaladin lend himself to multiclassing?
>>
>>52013782

Sacred what?
>>
>>52013759
>fairly small chest

Boyyy. You've traded the shortstack crowd for the infinitely more patrician DFC alliance.
>>
>>52013833

Fairly small =/= Flat
>>
>>52013825
Sacred Gold. Video game.
>>
File: ashlin1.jpg (78KB, 647x1028px) Image search: [Google]
ashlin1.jpg
78KB, 647x1028px
>>52013797
Her other half...I don't know. I know jack and shit about Pathfinder and its world. If i don't think of something, I could spin it into the campaign somehow if DM says its cool. And she's based off pic related, a character of mine from MGNQ. I'm placing her mother as the Varisian side.

>>52013803
I was looking at his domains and Strength/Destruction sounded fun for her as a character.
>>
>>52013844
Anything less than an E cup is flat, anon.

Bible Black told me so.
>>
>>52013808
Here I thought three short paragraphs and a bolded tldr was too little. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>52013864
>Bible Black
There's an IP I haven't thought about in years.
>>
>>52013759
Surprisingly Gorum's actually pretty understanding about weak people overcoming their fears. Sounds good anon.
>>
File: 1444439143094.jpg (20KB, 234x331px) Image search: [Google]
1444439143094.jpg
20KB, 234x331px
>>52013860
>I'm placing her mother as the Varisian side.

Oh boy, so it's a case of the ole pump n' dump? That still doesn't give us a lot to work with, however given her slight stature and strong urge to prove herself, I'd pin daddy as a Chelaxian from Korvosa - Ulfen would work too, but she'd likely be a bit taller and tighter around the bust (if you know what I mean.)
>>
>>52013876

Short and sweet is never bad if there's quality.

More words doesn't mean better. Just means they can talk longer about possibly nothing
>>
How much detail or expansion is generally wanted in backstories? I'm terrible with them and make it more of a general "I went out adventuring because want to see the world or get riches" sort, but even if it's not that then it's not more than a couple lines.
Do they always have to be detailed and intensive? Not everyone goes through a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>52014049

Just include the essentials, how you gre up, how you got your abilities, and then why you adventure
>>
File: 1487974120420.jpg (892KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1487974120420.jpg
892KB, 2000x1333px
>playing the homebrew setting my friend and I made
>the party is a traveling group of mercenaries with a ship doing work for a nobleman trying to forge alliances in the colonies to conspire against the old powers
>the country we head into is based on a revolutionary france with 4 factions fighting
>our goal is to stabilize the government enough to get a treaty signed, the nobleman doesn't really give a shit what faction we help
>anyway we arrive in the night and are greeted by the church
>turns out they control the port we landed in and are a faction in the war
>they want us to come to the cathedral to work out a deal, turns out we're the first ship to land in weeks
>after talking in the cathedral, we meet the Cardinal calling the shots and it becomes clear they aim to conscript us
>with crossbows pointed at us and no choice we're forced to stay the night as they bar the doors
>we all sit in the same room in the evening talking, they offer to bring us diner, apparently trying to smooth things a bit
>hell, they didn't even take our gear
>anyway, the cleric gets a crit fail on a sense motive when the kid delivering the food shows up and gets super paranoid
>he checks for poison in the food
>THERE'S POISON
>sleeping agent of some kind, anyway the cleric removes the agent and we eat the food to play along
>when guards come to collect us, the party plays dead, while the fighter hides behind the door up against the wall
>dude has like -3 in stealth, but the madman gets a nat 20
>the guards walk in chatting about how we're going to the dungeon to be "broken in"
>not today fags
>>
File: 1483134228744.jpg (187KB, 975x705px) Image search: [Google]
1483134228744.jpg
187KB, 975x705px
>>52014145
Cont.

>the fighter hits one in the head with comical CONK, dudes out cold instantly
>the rest are met with blades from the other party members
>guard in the hallway refuses to cooperate, the bard uses charm person and turns the dude into a mind puppet
>he tells us everything we need to know about the building, ties his friends up, and helps us get around before the spell ends and we leave him gagged in a barrel
>we also knick all the guards clothes for disguises
>we make our way to the center of the cathedral to see if we can take down the cardinal
>we actually find in a mail room on the way, a fuck ton of letters that explain that the main church has excommunicated everyone here because they had no intention of getting involved in the war
>we take the bag with us and go to the center of the cathedral
>as we enter, two guards stop us
>"who are you four?"
>the fighter replies "I am Baulder" (his name)
>NAT
>20
>they let us in with no other questions
>the room is empty save for the priests and cardinal praying
>we go up behind them
>"click" the cleric pulls out gun and holds them all at gunpoint (he's a cleric of the god of the sea, so he's like a divinely mandated freebooter)
>we point out that the main church is going to have their heads for the crap they've been pulling
>the priests and guards have no clue what we're on about
>turns out the cardinal never told them they'd be excommunicated
>we show all the letters to them
>after a few moments this causes an uproar and a massive walkout
>a few priests and guards drag the cardinal to the dungeons
>all off a crit fail we dismantled a gigantic encounter the GM had planned out and took down an entire faction with barely any roles and mainly talking
>>
>>52013926
Read up on Varisian lore and I got me some ideas; apparently they have a family scarf (a kapenia) and the idea was she was given hers by her mother when she went on to become a priest (and later, a warpriest).

Also, reading up on colors gives me more ideas. Gotta start writing this shit down.
>>
DEUS VULT or MAXIMUM OVEREDGE for my Romance app?
>>
>>52014320
DEUS VULT.

Always Deus Vult.
>>
>>52014320
DEUS VULT

You never got maximum overedge.
>>
New Thread:

>>52014523
>>52014523
>>52014523
>>52014523
>>52014523
>>
>>52014526
Really anon?

Really?
>>
>>52013324
some of them were way shorter a few days ago, and now they're many pages long....
>>
>>52013396
Siscons are people who have never actually had a sister

Y'all probably think she'd call you "onii-chan" instead of "you" on good days and "fuckface" on bad days.
>>
>>52015208
No, I have a younger sister but I'm a siscon for my older one. Faggot.
>>
>My 3 players started off with mostly non-goofy characters
>Two of the players played very aggressively and thus died fairly often, making increasingly goofy characters eachtime they reroll
>The other player who's a first-timer at TTRPGs is doing everything in his power not to die (he describes levelling up and character creation as 'an utter chore'), and is taking things considerably more seriously than the other

I'm unsure what tone I want to go for pushing onto the second half of the campaign when I have two goofballs and one straight man. How do you guys deal with groups of players who seem to be taking things very differently?
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.