[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 64

File: 92.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
Sacrifice edition

Previously: >>51981032

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread topic
Which sacrifice-based commander do you prefer?
>>
Emrakul seems super fun. Convince me not to force super fun in my playgroup. The legal one of course.
>>
Suggestions on what to add/cut to improve curve?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-03-17-flight-of-the-valkyries/
>>
>>51988184
It's not. I've been Emrakul'd once.

But I am a petty bitch, so I built a Glissa the Traitor deck based around Mindslaver and visited that pain upon the one who Emrakul'd me a thousand times over. He made all of 4 decisions by himself that game.
>>
>>51988184
People hate Mindslaver effects
>>
>>51988219
Sounds like an example of a poorly built emrakul deck.
>>
>>51988210
reposting for new thread
>>
File: Brion.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Brion.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51988121
>Which sacrifice-based commander do you prefer?
Brion. Probably the only R/W commander I'll play, actually.
>>
File: 11.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
Has this card ever not ended poorly for the person casting it?
>>
>>51988252
It was actually a Sisay deck
>>
>>51988304
For that cost it should'be included the clause "these players cannot attack you this turn" or something
>>
>>51988121
Xiahou Dun is my Commander. He is part of the final combo to kill the table with infinite B mana.
>>
>>51988219
not always. i've been emrakul'd and only got free cards out of it
>>
>>51988450
>part of the final combo to kill the table with infinite B mana
Elaborate
>>
File: 253.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
How's this guy? He looks fun as a Bird Lord, but it's a shame Azorius doesn't ramp very well
>>
>>51988482
My plan is to include things like jester's mall to set up the perfect turn for my opponents under my control, or things like storm cauldron to wipe their lands.
>>
>>51988191
Maybe drop Resolute Archangel and your choice of Frontline Medic or Sublime Archangel depending on if you think you're going to attack with all your dudes or just one dude.

I'm not sure you have enough enchantments for Sigil of the Empty Throne to be worth it?

Aside from that it looks good. Toss in a Caged Sun and call it a deck.
>>
File: immolating-souleater-cropped.jpg (127KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
immolating-souleater-cropped.jpg
127KB, 464x664px
Does playing this for a Near-Death Experience win make me brilliant or retarded?
>>
File: Sliver-Family.jpg (66KB, 620x393px) Image search: [Google]
Sliver-Family.jpg
66KB, 620x393px
Just ordered a Sliver edh deck, what am I in for lads?
>>
>>51988499
>Make infinite B through whatever way you feel like. Probably Phrexian Altar because when is it not
>Continually cast/sac Xiahou while recurring/playing/sacrificing one of a thousand different creatures
>>
>>51988556
Retarded, since you have to pay in even increments.
>>
>>51988584
People will probably try to murder you and your Slivers.

Which legend are you using as your general?
>>
>>51988524
That's what rocks are for, my dude.
>>
>>51988553
Dropping Medic is probably the right call. Sigil is really just a pet card I want to use.
Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>51988556
I don't know how that would work without another source to heal you one life, but I think you could do thsi with treasonous ogre no problem.
>>
Made a creature-less Mizzix deck and I'm really considering tossing Melek in just for the Future Sight effect.

Is it worth it to break my rule?

also just played a game against my friend's spellslinger Niv-Mizzet deck. Funtimes were had. Kinda killed myself but worth it.
>>
File: Sliver Legion.jpg (49KB, 420x307px) Image search: [Google]
Sliver Legion.jpg
49KB, 420x307px
>>51988656
I'm going to start with Overlord and test the others depending on how it goes. If I need to be more aggressive I'll try Legion, if I'm getting targeted I've play Hivelord. Can't imagine when I'll really want Sliver Queen but I probably dink around with her a few times just to see what happens. If it just works I'll stick with Overlord. I expect to get targeted out of most games, but I don't mind too much as long as I get to go off a few times.
>>
>>51988645
>not being in the color to bolt myself and pay 36 life

wew lad
>>
>>51988556
Hatred is a much bigger suprise

Not gonna lie though I ran that guy with Tainted Strike in draft and lived the dream so I can only tell you yes, it is absolutely worth it
>>
>>51988902
I bet you got the packs.
>>
>>51988524
Land Tax.
>>
>>51988656
>>51988584
>>51988743
Speaking of slivers, why in the world are they so expensive? Everyone hates them, I'm assuming that because of that very few people play them, and they're not a competitive tier. What gives?
>>
>>51988968
Land Tax is as smooth as mana curves can get, but fundamentally it is not "ramp".
>>
>>51988972
Same reason some random angels are.

Casual popularity.
>>
>>51988972
They're extremely popular among the kitchen table crowd. Queen is on the reserve list and Legion hasn't seen a reprint in a dog's age. Nether have a lot of other sought after Slivers. Overlord's price is only lower cause it was in a premium deck. Hivelord will get there given enough time given mythic status.
>>
>>51989061
>Archangel of Thune is $20
Fucking a
>>
>>51988972
I mean they're no Doomsday combo but I think Queen combo is pretty damn strong. They're probably the best tribal deck (Scion Hermit is less a tribal deck IMO but if you count it then Sliver is second best) and no one builds them because the mana base is absurdly expensive.
>>
http://pastebin.com/U8y10K6n
Rate my jank? The deck was scrounged together from my old stockpile: The only card I've bought in a dog's age is Vedalken Orrery-- Cloudchaser, Hallowed Ground, Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, Quicksmith Spy, and Stasis Snare were gifted to me by a member of the EDH group I joined up with.

I know it's pretty much trash, but what direction should I take it/what should I look into improving? (for instance, I now know that Burnished Hart is Armillary Sphere but better and on a stick)
>>
>>51989401
Well, that one's also GOOD, and part of an infinite combo.
>>
>>51989547
T A P P E D O U T
>>
>>51989595
No idea how to properly use the site yet, so try this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/02-03-17-sRw-jank/
I would have made a section for some of the cards I cut for less shit ones/more lands, but I don't know how to keep it from combining them
>>
File: 1487175351248.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1487175351248.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
>>51988556
Retarded to the point of being a genius. I like that strategy. I would do it to see the reactions of the playgroup. Picture describes your strategy.
>>
>>51988556
Near-Death Experience should trigger at endstep desu
>>
File: wastes.png (167KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wastes.png
167KB, 265x370px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sad-machine/

looking for tips to make it faster, I'm doing a pretty big overhaul, doing some stuff like cutting less-good equips for urza's/mishra's baubles, lowering curve, cutting more creatures, et cetera.

Aside from general suggestions for cards to make it go faster, I'm specifically looking at myr welder. Does it make good for itself if it imprints, like, a dreamstone hedron/mana vault? Or is it just not good enough? If it is, what are some weaker cards I should cut for it?
>>
File: Lavinia of the Tenth_DGM.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lavinia of the Tenth_DGM.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>51989792
You can make an Azorious edh but i wouldn't use the guy you have. Maybe with this girl. Put in some flickering spells and irritate everyone. You have some creatures with ETB abilities so it could work.
>>51989862
You need cards to recover from the graveyard, like codex shredder, junk diver, and workshop assistant
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scion-tribal-toolbox-reanimator/

Looking to build a scion tribal deck. Any tips on improving this list? I know the creator sometimes posts in these threads. I'm not very good at making decks and I'm coming from a Timmy Karrthus tribal deck.
>>
What are some efficient beaters in mono-red?
>>
>>51990080
Inferno Titan is the gold standard imo.
>>
>>51990080
malignus
>>
File: sliverqueen.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sliverqueen.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Whats the deck you've made that was more fun than initially anticipated?
Pic related running tribal was mine
>>
>>51990002
Dont put in too many dragons. If you play the deck as a toolbox and reanimator deck it really gets scary.

Also Crux or Fate is a must.
>>
>>51990172
I really want to build Sliver Queen soley because I had this card when i was younger, brought my deck to school and she got stolen. I might have to call the chinaman so I can relive my nostalgia in edh.
>>
>>51990272
It's a lot of fun but can get a bit pricey depending on how you wanna build
>>
File: 1488253292708.jpg (67KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488253292708.jpg
67KB, 357x500px
>6 player edh game
>the other guys are meren, atraxa, nekrosar, jenara, and jori en
>i have daretti
>cast daretti turn 2 and pitch ugin to the graveyard since i can't even use him at the moment
>everybody thought I'm being weird
>turn comes along again, cast chandra flamecaller, use ability, and cast a shit ton of mana rocks, from star compass to grim monolith
>group is worried
>some guy unleashes marit leige turn 4
>i get ignored and people focus on him
>turn comes again, cast decree of annihilation
>I'm in control of the board through daretti and chandra
>atraxa only had teferi planeswalker
>jori en only had lorwyn jace
>mfw they conceded the game
I fucking love MLD
>>
>>51990322
They never see the decree coming.
>>
>>51989952
Allrighty, made my first round of changes, included a trading post.

I lowered my land count to include some stuff, is 31 lands +15 mana rocks/dorks +3 mana-rock-centric cards too low? Average CMC is 2.62, so I normally don't go below 34 lands unless it's sub 2.4 average, but I've been finding myself playing out fine only ever having 3 or 4 lands out, and late game land draws have lost me a round or two. Or am I letting a legitimate unlucky topdeck tilt me?
>>
Alright lads I could use another set of eyes on Godo

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/powerviolence/

Trying to keep the CMC low-ish so it stays fast and I can just power stuff out after blowing up lands
>>
>tfw trying to turn mazirek into prosh
>tfw no fucking money
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Yes or No?
>>
>>51990551
What's the goal of playing this? Is it a randumb chaos deck?
>>
>>51990570
To destroy big dudes or little dudes, it's like shitty Austere Command but red and only cost 3
>>
>>51990233
"Crux of Fate"? That's already in the decklist. But thanks for your input.
>>
>>51990598
You're just going to get fucked by this thing more often than not. At least Boompile gives you additional flips until you achieve the wanted result.
>>
Is it worth it?
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>51990646
Forgot pic related
>>
>>51990646
maybe
>>
>>51990661
no
>>
>>51990661
>A Plaguewind combined with a Decree of Pain for 2 less mana but no cycle ability

Wew
>>
>>51990661
I'm surprised that this card is only $60

that being said Decree of Pain will draw you more cards for the same mana cost, has cycling+soft wrath versatility, and will save you ~$55
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (37KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
37KB, 680x680px
>>51990322
> mfw opponents let my Caged Sun/Power Gauntlet hang around and then I hit them with Worldgorger + Obliterate/Decree/Apacolypse
>>
>>51990664
It's for Erebos. The cost of the card is of greatest concern
>>
>>51990763
Judge promo is like $13.
>>
>>51990678
>>51990726
>>51990737
Read the card carefully. It only targets one opponent.
>>
>>51990811
Then I say definitely yes. Politicking has never been so fun.
>>
File: Stranglehold_CMD.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold_CMD.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>51990360
Personally, i don't go that low but it looks like your deck can handle the low land count.
>>51990403
Looks pretty good. You should consider this guy
>>51990551
Kitchen table, yes. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>51990172

Liliana was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, but it's not fun for anyone else.

Tana and Tymna is a blast. The first time landed Breath of Fury, even my group was shocked because they had never managed to pull it off. All the stupid internal reactions make things fun a hell while also being strong. Fallen Ideal is hilariously strong on Tana.
>>
>>51991096
What would you take out for that? I was also thinking of finding room for Staff of Nin or Font of Mythos too, for more draw
>>
>>51988304
I have seem someone cast it with Hive mind out and reverberated it.

Game couldn't go on.
>>
File: 1327242453545.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1327242453545.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>51988304
My head hurts just thinking about that. Fuck.
>>
>>51991131
For stranglehold, i would take out inferno titan. Since you're on a clock and they have the same mana cost, you'll most likely cast godo first over titan. As for the font and staff, i would consider the staff over the font. Font is good but not all decks can use it well since 2 cards is a lot of advantage for your opponets as well.
>>
>>51991159
hey sheldon, could you ban sol ring soon you simpleton?
>>
>>51991239
No
>>
>>51991159
Shit, that response was meant for this post >>51991133
>>
>Commander 2017
>Decks are allied colored.
>"Face" card of each deck is a legendary creature with level up, with the clause that level counters stay on if the card goes to the command zone
>Mono color legend with partner that has a way of generating experience counters
>Mono color legend of the other color with partner that gives you a benefit for having experience counters
>Each deck contains an allied fetch and an allied shockland

wwyd?
>>
>>51991299
I'd personally like it, even though the fetch part is too good to be true.
>>
>>51991299
Buy one. Blue black probably unless Azorious or Gruul blows it away
>>
File: Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51988121
G H A V E
H
A
V
E

Alternatively, Brion Stoutarm. That's one fun jamaican.
>>
>>51991299
Build something else, buy whatever singles look good. Maybe buy the Gruul one if it's suitably rad
>>
File: 635793609513293035.jpg (264KB, 945x690px) Image search: [Google]
635793609513293035.jpg
264KB, 945x690px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-old-graveyard-magic/

Need some advice on this, freshly remade outside of maybe 5 cards any rec's appreciated but don't want to go crazy on prices
>>
>>51991276
>>51991133

This is actually not complex at all, since it is simply someone's next turn, you don't stack them. Figure out which one resolved last for each set of players. The reverberate seems like a complete waste, the whole thing only lasts for one turn order.
>>
>that guy that scoops after you swing once on xmage

classic
>>
>>51991414
>that guy who gets triggered when you "pick on him" and autisms out even though he had the strongest position
people can't keep it together online ffs
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kt-megadraw/

Rate my shitty jank /tg/
>>
>>51991133
Hmm. I don't think this would be too hard to figure out.

Assuming nothing else on the stack.
Cruel Entertainment is cast by Player A, Hive Mind Triggers and is put on the stack. Player A may now do two different things. he can let the first Hive Mind trigger resolve, or, having held priority, cast Reverberate. Functionally, they both result in the same outcome: Reverberate is put on the stack targeting Cruel Entertainment, hive mind trigger for it happens, and resolves, and now every player except Player A has a reverberate copy that they can either target reverberate with, or Cruel Entertainment.

If a player targets their reverberate copy at another reverberate, it has no functional effect. A new copy of reverberate is put on the stack that that player controls, and it can target Reverberate or Cruel Entertainment, the exact same spot they were in before. .

Eventually, the players have to target Cruel Entertainment to advance the boardstate. So let's assume for now that the players all copy Cruel Entertainment a second time. Remember, that the stack is from top (first resolving) to bottom (last resolving)

Reverberate copies
Reverberate
Cruel Entertainment copies
Cruel Entertainment

The copies are put on the stack in order from left to right of player A. So if Player B is to the left of Player A, and continuing on down through C, D, etc, we can order the stack. Let's assume 4 players, A,B,C, and D.

The stack is now:

Reverberate Copy D
Reverberate Copy C
Reverberate Copy B
Reverberate A
Cruel Entertainment Copy D
Cruel Entertainment Copy C
Cruel Entertainment Copy B
Cruel Entertainment

Since we've already deduced that all the reverberates will just become cruel entertainments upon resolving, we can resolve the stack.

To do this, see next post:
>>
gA that Ork deck fucking sucks dude
>>
>>51991674
Cruel Entertainments stack easily. If Player D resolves his, targeting Player A and B, then they each control each other's next turn. If Player C then decides he wants Player A's turn, he just has to target his cruel entertainment at Player C and Player A. Player A will control C's and B's turn now, and Player B will control no turn, and Player C will control Player A's turn.

So basically, to resolve the whole tangle, you can just write down on a piece of paper in pencil each player's turn. Then resolve D's entertainment by reverberate. Mark who control's each player's turn. Then resolve C's reverberated entertainment, overwriting any applicable turn changes by D. Continue to Player A's reverberate, and then start resolving the real cruel entertainments, starting with D, and then on to A.

As you can see, the only player who gets a Cruel Entertainment guaranteed to work exactly as planned is Player A. All other players are subject to modifcation by deeper Cruel Entertainments. D gets the worst of it.
>>
>>51991414
how good is xmage for EDH? I really like the flexibility of cockatrice, but having some Rules Enforcement to resolve the autistic disputes that happen on cockatrice would also be nice.
>>
>>51991674
>>51991714
No one is going to want to work through all this.
>>
>>51991727
All online MtG platforms are bad. OCTGN is probably least cancerous, but there's usually not much choice of games, haven't checked in a while and the game is hassle to install, if you want the card images.
>>
>>51991765
It really isn't hard to work through once you get to that point though. The actual resolving of the spells would take about a minute, assuming nobody is autistic about strategic decisions in such a silly game.
>>
Which is better for Elves, GW or GB?
We need an GWB elf legend for all these damn elves.
>>
>>51991809
GW because Rhys
>>
>>51991809
GB because of tutors.
>>
>>51991809
WB because of Flashfreeze
>>
>>51991299
Would probably pick one up. Red black is a color outside of my comfort zone and if the deck looked good then maybe pick it up. Otherwise either GW, WU, UB, or RG.
>>
>>51991809
GB because you can tutor your tutors
>>
>>51991809
RW because fuck elves
>>
>>51991809
UG for Newzuri because why play elves if you don't go big?
>>
>>51991809
UGBW for Newzuri, tutors, flashfreeze and Rhys
>>
>>51988734
trying to recall attention to this post.

Also how do you guys protect her from sacrifice effects and shit?
>>
>>51992017
Token makers like call the skybreaker, talrand's invocation or whatever its called
>>
Who's the best "fuck yo counterspells, nigga" commander?
>>
File: zurtheenchanter.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
zurtheenchanter.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
Is there a non cancerous way of building Zur?
>>
>>51992058
Surrak for creatures, add in creature teferi to make your opponents counters at sorcery speed only
>>
>>51992058
Emrakul
>>
File: 1480302665366.jpg (260KB, 2555x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1480302665366.jpg
260KB, 2555x1373px
>mana screwed with all multi-colored decks
>draw absolutely zero rocks with mono-colored deck

I think I'm cursed
>>
>>51992147
How many rocks/lands do you run?
>>
>>51992147
Did you remember to put lands / rocks in your deck?
>>
>>51992165
>>51992169
36 lands/14 rocks in mono

38 lands/12 rocks in Abzan
>>
>>51992066
I tried to brew one that goes all-in on auras instead of shit like Necropotence
>>
>>51992058
I like Ruric Thar.

"You can counter this, but it'll hurt."
>>
>>51990403
I would drop Silent Arbiter in favor of a Crawlspace. The former will just draw tons of hate and removal, Crawlspace is more pillowforty and will keep some of the heat off you but still let people turn things sideways.
>>
>>51992187
Seems like you're just unlucky, or you just aren't putting in the card draw to actually reach your mana.
>Abzan
Commander? Things like Cryptolith Rite do wonders in Ghave.
What's your breakdown of Tris/Duals/Monos/Nons?
Dorks? DRS is great.
>>
File: image.jpg (608KB, 1920x1409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608KB, 1920x1409px
Looking to make a new deck, which commander is more fun. Maelstrom wanderer or Omnath locus of rage?
>>
>Want to build Sisay
>Doesn't seem to be too popular
>Basically every good legendary card in the colors is $5+

Fucking EDH players, they're ruining EDH
>>
>>51988734
Decklist pls I just made her too and im looking to see what others are using/
>>
>>51991765
It's easy and isn't even as hard to figure out as
>>51991784
This guy's explanation is. It's literally "last spell to resolve that targets someone get that players turn. Most of the spells on the stack here don't matter. You go through all that guys steps sure, but if anybody thinks it out for a second then you will find the best outcome for each player is a small number choices.
>>
>>51992302
>Not running Angry Omnath as Stealth Commander in Maelstrom Wanderer.
>>
So, I've got my Ghave and Sek'kuar decks sleeved up and ready to go. Very much looking forward to this weekend.
>>
>>51992342
"Last spell to resolve" is technically correct but will lead to misunderstandings, especially when you consider that must people won't know how to order the stack with hive mind. Actually, that's the whole point of the long winded explanation, showing how to order the stack. You're definitely over simplifying.
>>
>>51992409
Good luck with that Sek'Kuar deck, man, the flavor's there but god damn it needs some ramp
>>
File: johnnyiscrazy.jpg (28KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
johnnyiscrazy.jpg
28KB, 245x320px
>>51992302
Of those two I've only played Omnath, but I did play an Animar deck that had Maelstrom in it, so that's kinda like playing Maelstrom.

That being said, they're two different playstyles. Sure they look similar, but Omnath wants to put as many lands in play as possible/sacrifice elementals to bolt face while Wanderer wants to ramp as much and as hard as possible to drop those sweet sweet fatties onto the field. Basically, just choose the one that sounds more fun.

it's Animar
>>
File: edhgroup.png (3MB, 1500x2394px) Image search: [Google]
edhgroup.png
3MB, 1500x2394px
>>51992317
sorry just saw this. I'll set it up now I just rebuilt her.

Also I spent way too long fixing this to not try for a POST EM
>>
>>51992463
Yeah, I really ought to trim some of the shittier vehicles for signets and Ironworks

But I just can't
>>
File: muh EDH.png (1MB, 892x988px) Image search: [Google]
muh EDH.png
1MB, 892x988px
>>51992518
Aw hell, why not?

I don't have a steady playgroup anymore, I just play at the LGS
>>
>>51992518
Got a template?
>>
File: 1473891675703.png (127KB, 1500x2394px) Image search: [Google]
1473891675703.png
127KB, 1500x2394px
>>51992536
>>
>>51992518
These always make me think the posters are massive fags, and not in the good, gay kind of way.
>>
>>51992534
>Brisela count: 0
That's what's keeping me from building that deck. I would love to see white get lots more Legendary tutoring.
>>
>>51992561
I just realized this is worthless to me because I have nothing more sophisticated than Paint, and also am stupid
>>
>>51992610
Brisela is more easily available in a Sisay deck, but you have WAY better options by the time you have the mana for both of her parts.

But the fear in peoples eyes when I drop Gisela is always fun to watch. The scramble to exile her before I play Bruna is savory
>>
>>51992642
all you need is paint. its pure and simple.

paint is love, paint is life.
>>
File: 1487824564966.png (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1487824564966.png
67KB, 230x230px
>>51992317
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shitmizzixdeck/

>>51992642
Gimp is free and easy to use.
>>
>>51992695
You seemed to miss the part where I am disastrously stupid.
>>
>>51992565
I gotta agree, especially when they just throw them out there like that.

I can see a valid reason for posting them though if you are looking for deck advice though, since it actually gives you a look at the meta
>>
File: lovisa.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
lovisa.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>51988184
I'm building Lovisa Coldeyes as a lower power commander any fun suggestions?
>>
>>51992658
Why drop Gisela, if not just to bait removal? I'd try to force her into the graveyard instead, or at least run some kind of sac outlet or Displacer to respond to exile effects.
>>
>>51992734
Don't have any real sac effects in the deck, but I have been thinking of turning it into some kinda weird mono-white reanimator. Really I just hold onto Gisela if I draw into her until Bruna is on the field since she draws MUCH less hate.

>>51992730
Boldwyr Intimidator
>>
File: IMG_8222.jpg (134KB, 1265x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8222.jpg
134KB, 1265x920px
Are there any more WMDs I need to hide from the bush administration? I was also thinking of adding in some more tutor effects, liliana vess, stonehewer giant, or recruiter of the guard to find stoneforge mystic

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-weapons-of-mass-destruction-1/
>>
>>51992781
I'd go reanimator with her, yeah. Sac engines abusing Fiend Hunter, Angel of Serenity and Admonition Angel, Boonweaver combo, ETB triggers everywhere, etc. I'd run Vedalken Orrery to cast Gisela. Dang I'm already brewing.
>>
>>51993038
Defy Death is some sweet jank for an Angel tribal deck too. Now that I look, there's actually a decent amount of reanimation in white
>>
File: mynigga.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>Playing my monoblue color niggery deck for the tenth time
>Everyone at the table knows exactly what it does
>Yet it's so low-threat at points I'm continually ignored until I whip out a bunch of bullshit and pull a win out of my ass
This deck is so hilariously weak yet I win like 75% of my games.
Though Dismiss into Dream got me completely hated out of one match when I played it at a poor time.
I've like 8-10 useless cards in this deck. Anyone have ideas for some spicy tech I may have missed?
>>
>>51993116

Do you have a list I can refrence fambino ?
>>
File: 1395782103557.png (564KB, 785x584px) Image search: [Google]
1395782103557.png
564KB, 785x584px
>EDH night
>Smalltalk at my table is how all the Liliana packs up at the counter have Mythics since someone just bought a pack and it had Gisa & Geralf
>Meren player talking about how he wants a Liliana the Last Hope for his deck
>Get hated out of the current game due to playing Kaervek and having Polluted Bonds + Dictate of the Twin Gods on my field while one player had Oath of Lieges out
>Run up to the counter and grab an Eldritch Moon pack with Liliana on it
>Open it up, Lili's inside
>Offer it to trade to the guy
>End up with a very slightly modded Atraxa precon with Doom Blade and Polukranos added to it that's already sleeved

Best $4 spend on this game yet. I asked the dude if he wanted the sleeves back but he said to just keep em.
>>
what's the shortest card name? I'm asking for a friend
>>
>>51993172
http://pastebin.com/xV8bPWbg
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51993212
>>
>>51993212
Ow from Unglued.
>>
>>51993212
From non-un sets, I think it's Oust.
>>
>>51993257
perfect thanks
>>51993256
thanks but I meant character-wise (that's 5 chars)
>>51993266
It's Fog actually but I was wondering if there were any ties
>>
>>51993286
Zap, Nix im sure theres more desu
>>
File: Commanders.png (997KB, 1053x561px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
997KB, 1053x561px
>>51992518
I have a few works in progress right now. Hanna and Azami
>>
>That dude who plays his creature based aggro like it's a combo deck and thinks politics is just "don't attack anyone and they'll ignore me until I have 100 10/10 trample indestructible creatures"
>That dude who claims to be playing for "fun" but he's built a dicky deck that wins out of nowhere
>That dude who plays maximum dicky Ruric Thar in a meta heavy with non-creature based decks

that last dude is me. Shit is so cash.
>>
Thinking about building a Heartless Hidetsugu deck, any tips?
>>
>>51993595
Keep your life total odd.
>>
>>51993595
Burn all bridges with your playgroup now.

Saves time.
>>
>>51993511
Toshiro seems like fun, honestly you might even be able to build a weird voltron thing with killspells and hatred/hollow from beyond type shit. Who needs unblockable when you can kill everything in the way?
>>
File: fjsnfsfd.png (323KB, 872x393px) Image search: [Google]
fjsnfsfd.png
323KB, 872x393px
>>51992518
After lurking in here for a bit, Im getting the urge to build a third. I wanna do something different than a +1/+1 counter thing like both of these feature though. Maybe Derememe?
>>
>>51993613
oh there's already an arms race going on, it should be fine
>>
>>51993691
Eh, I don't even know what he is worried about. Hidetsugu makes games go by quickly, but it's not like it's a pubstomper or powerful deck.

Control players are usually the ones that freak out about it, Oloro scrubs don't know how to deal when they have less than 30 life.
>>
>>51992518
Is there a way to acquire a list of the deceased friends deck?
>>
>>51992312
underrated post
>>
File: muhlifegain.jpg (4MB, 1874x2473px) Image search: [Google]
muhlifegain.jpg
4MB, 1874x2473px
Hey teegee what do you think of my new Obzedat deck?

The weird cards like Damping Matrix are there because my meta has a lot of fast combo and I need to shut them down if I want to have a chance. What could I include/remove?
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>51994026
>>
Anyone want to suggest a new commander? In particular, I wanted to try out a graveyard strategy. However, rather then it being reanimator I was thinking moreso things like delve, flashback, etc etc.
>>
I get that he may be pretty FOTW, but do you guys have any sweet tech for Sram? I've never built voltron before, so I'm pretty new to this. Is it better for me to go all in on cheap equipment and auras or two play for a slightly longer game by adding in stuff like Darksteel Mutation and Pacificm-type effects to try to control the board? That may just be me falling back on my control background with that kind of thinking though.
>>
>>51994073

Skullbriar or the frog or hmm

t a s i g u r
>>
>>51994073
Dralnu?
>>
File: Phyrexian Furnace.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Furnace.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
Convince me that Phyrexian Furnace isn't the best graveyard hate for my Lazav (use their graveyard) deck.
>>
>>51991809
R/G cuz Fireball for 80.
>>
>>51993939
I can ask him, but I doubt it sorry. He's pretty lazy.
>>
>>51991299
Instantly preorder the Gruul one
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51994299
>Only hits the bottom card
>Only one per turn without untappers
>Pay mana and sacrifice it to remove a target
>Artifact not super easy to recur in UB aside from Smugpartner
Let me introduce you to an old friend of mine.
>>
>>51991299
Buy them all, just like I do every year.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>51994299
Better border
>>
File: witchmaw3.png (184KB, 701x140px) Image search: [Google]
witchmaw3.png
184KB, 701x140px
>>51992518
I have quite a few decks, but my current on-hand ones are:
>Hope of ghirapur Voltron
>Jin-Gitty Counterspells.dec
>Ghave combo
>Atraxa <mostly> charge counters
>>
>>51994438
ah, lame. im still having troubles with mine. early game is shit for her on an unbelievable scale.
>>
>>51994513
That's his issue too. He went after forcing people to sacrifice creatures and murders to keep the board clear until he can get Kaalia or something brutal from his hand down.
>>
File: lilioath.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
lilioath.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>51994513
>>51994580
Like he runs this he's so determined to get rid of creatures.

Our conversation went something like

"That's an enchantment and it's second effect isn't even worth it, you don't run any walkers."
"Dude I have payed more to make ONE person sacrifice a creature. This makes everyone do it. I don't care about the second effect."

sorry im stoned. shoulda put this in my first post
>>
>>51993511
can I get an Alesha list?

need ideas for mine.
>>
File: Reito Lantern.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Reito Lantern.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51994489
I forgot to mention that run trinket mage and fabricate. If I was going to pay mana to hate graves, I would use Reito Lantern for its upside for myself
>>
File: 1486066577023.jpg (29KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1486066577023.jpg
29KB, 420x420px
>>51994603

ahh I know everything about playing mtg while high

>mfw I take like 5 minutes per turn just wondering what to do
>>
>>51994664
>If I was going to pay mana to hate graves, I would pay more mana to tuck my own cards
dude, what?
>>
>>51994725
I like re-using my own cards .-.

And I have tutors.
>>
File: 1487878930921.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487878930921.png
148KB, 223x311px
>>51988121
>Which sacrifice-based commander do you prefer?
He's a big wurm
>>
>>51994740
I get that. I just fail to see the correlation when you were specifically looking for a card to hate graveyards in a deck around using your opponent's stuff, while dismissing a card that does both
>>
>>51994687
Our whole group plays baked. It's fun. Keeps the sodium levels lower.
>>
File: EDHmygroup.png (2MB, 1500x2394px) Image search: [Google]
EDHmygroup.png
2MB, 1500x2394px
>>51992518
Sure why not do the thing
>>
File: testdragon.gif (48KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
testdragon.gif
48KB, 150x150px
>>51991299
If I had been in charge of making the partner mechanic, I would've tried to make something like this work:

>partners have an unique "double team" keyword that works like soulbond, but only for other partners
>essentially, a partner is a fairly vanilla creature otherwise, maybe it has lifelink or something but other than that it doesn't do much on its own
>however, when paired up with another partner on the battlefield, they both gain an ability as described in soulbond
>for example, Bruser Tarl would've had lifelink and double strike normally, but when paired up with another Partner he would've given that partner double strike and lifelink as well (obviously his mana cost could be a bit higher to make it fair)
>another partner could have "tap: another target gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn" that it can share with another partner
>soulbonding another partner could also make its original ability stronger, for example, something like Ravos could instead return creature cards to the battlefield instead of your hand when paired up
>in other words, you would be choosing your partners to compliment each other. obviously, there would be bad pairings as a consequence (ie. 1 combat buff partner and 1 utility partner), but the pairings that did work would be much more interesting than what we have now
>>
>>51994760
Yeah. Yeah....
>>
File: Riptide Shapeshifter.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Riptide Shapeshifter.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Is this card OK? If it worth slightly warping a deck around to have unique creature types?
>>
>>51994026
Use tappedout
>>
>>51994951
It takes a lot of mana to get going and doesn't work with eldrazi cast triggers. I have thought about putting it in my marchesa deck for repeatable value but it's just so damn slow because of how much it costs.
>>
>>51994951
There are better polymorph effects for less mana that don't discriminate type.
>>
>>51995026
Like what?
>>
File: 1486351637156.jpg (90KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1486351637156.jpg
90KB, 700x525px
Is it worth putting two pieces of efficient countermagic into a deck which is not a control deck (aura voltron) but otherwise has access to blue? Or should I just stick to the game plan and put in more redundancy?
>>
>>51995049
Well, like Polymorph, for one.
Proteus Staff is repeatable and tucks the cards instead of destroying them, if you're worried about binning good spells you can tutor up. Also there's Reweave, which is instant speed and hits any permanent, but it's like 6 cmc, if that's an issue. still cheaper than casting and activating Shapeshifter
>>
>>51995026
Discriminating type is a big plus, not a minus. That being said Eldritch evolution is a lot better than it, it's just in different colors.
>>
>>51995075
do you want a smidge of utility of which the best require blue mana specifically or another few cards dedicated to the general goal of your deck?

I suppose it depends on how readily you can access blue mana
>>
>>51995081
different anon here but is 6 cmc really that big of a spell in edh?
>>
>>51994748
For blue
>>
>>51995100
This is my list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jenaras-bant-enchantress/

I can certainly see the situations in which it counterspells can benefit the deck - particularly, wrath protection and preventing my hexproof/indestructible enablers from being hated. But I am worried in many cases early game they will be a dead draw.

I can access blue readily and both counters that I run only need one U.
>>
>>51995105
not usually. that's why I added "if that's an issue"
>>
>>51995112
If you're worried about it and they're specifically to stop boardsweeps you could try running a Negate as opposed to Counterspell- trading the ability to counter creatures for a 1u instead of uu, arguably any small counter early on isn't "dead" if you're picky about what you play it on
>>
about to sit down for a gentleman's game.

Niv-Mizzet vs Mizzix spellslinger fight. No fucking with the other's commander unless you would die that turn.

Wish me luck boys.
>>
>>51995112
>>51995166
same guy- so looking over your decklist I'd definitely say carrying a few counters to protect your ass from a board sweep would be a good idea, I'm biased but I'm also seeing a lot of vulnerable hate generation if you're at a table that has sweeps
>>
Okay so, for a hydra tribal would it be better to keep my Crowned Ceratok or swap to a Nylea, god of the hunt?
>>
>>51995105
IMHO 6 is a pretty expensive price to pay. I don't run anything above 6 unless it kills a player, and this is pretty suboptimal.

Mike, timespiral and sun Titan are good examples of strong 6 drops.
>>
>>51988968
>>51989028

Not only is land tax not ramp, it basically punishes you if you ramp.
>>
File: 1464855265501.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1464855265501.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
What do you guys think of Hermit Druid + Necrotic Ooze combo to mill my entire deck into my graveyard. With stuff like Morselhoarder and Devoted Druid I get infinite mana, meaning I can basically do anything, including dealing infinite damage to all opponents.

The only problem I see is finding my druid quickly enough.
>>
>>51995236
Well Nylea is bigger and harder to remove for the same cost. It also extends to all your creatures, not just countered ones, and still does more stuff. Only downside I see is devotion which shouldn't be hard to hit. You could run both for redundancy? Or even Tuskguard Captain
>>
>>51995264
here's a decklist http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kruphix-hydras-3/

if anything the problem would come from defending her devotion as an individual hydra only gives 1-2 with the exception of Khalni. For instance kruphix rarely hits creature status but makes up for it by working fairly well as an enchantment.
>>
>>51988184
My friend, as an Emrakul player I can tell you: it's way too fun not to play it. Especially when you start adding stax cards to it so as you're the only one having fun.
>>
>>51995260
Chord of Calling/Other green tutors?
>>
>>51995312
>>51988184

What I mean is, you gotta play it senpai.
>>
I'm running a trinket mage package. I have Trinket Mage, Fabricate, and _______ to fetch.

Fill in the blank.
>>
>>51995300
I don't think that's much of a problem though. I mean its not like her abilities turn off when she's below devotion.
Also why isn't Polukranos in here?
>>
>>51995201
Thanks for your opinion man.

Yes, I see this deck as is being vulnerable to hate. I have not yet tested it properly. I anticipate first few times it will have advantage by sheer virtue of surprise (who the fuck mainboards more than 1 piece of enchantment removal in non-spike metas?). After that I will adjust the list according to the results, adding more resilience if it starts to get hated.
>>
>>51995166
And yeah, you're right about UU. I realised it a while ago and swapped in Counterspell for Arcane Denial - because it replaces itself.
>>
>>51995446
I pack a few enchantment removals just in case, comes with one of our regulars being a monoblack.
>>
>>51995330
Why not Trophy Mage?
>>
>>51995330
Trophy Mage? Treasure Mage?
>>
File: CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg (34KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg
34KB, 500x384px
>testing on xmage
>Dralnu player counters or kills my shit the entire game
>Says nothing but ":D" in chat
>get fed up, Krosan Grip the Greaves on Dralnu
>make Dralnu eat an X=45 Banefire
>Guy has to sacrifice all his permanents as a result
>Flips his shit in chat
>Complains I'm being unfair and that he can't play Magic with no permanents
>>
>>51995256
>I dont run anything above six mana unless it wins the game
>have you tried these three cards that don't win the game?

People who unironically believe the six mana meme are retards
>>
>>51995257
It only punishes Land-Ramp and it is delicious with Scroll Rack
>>
File: 1393154785281.jpg (323KB, 576x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1393154785281.jpg
323KB, 576x1296px
>when the medium-sized Gensis Wave you cast out of desperation is all hits and gets you back in
>>
>>51995582
Kek you should have screencapped it.
>>
>>51988121
>Which sacrifice-based commander do you prefer
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Was previously on nob unshackled but it went from mostly Jank to actually scary then yahenni was printed
Still tries to Voltron off of plague wind/in garruk's wake but now the smoke stack package helps with survivability
That sac effect is pretty dope.
>>
>>51988304
No
But that doesn't stop me putting it in every deck
Just like time sifter
I can play really tuned decks but nobody catches on because I put a hand full of these funny effects in the deck to give it the illusion of being a casual deck
>>
File: yuanrang.jpg (269KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
yuanrang.jpg
269KB, 566x800px
>>51988121
Someone tell me why he's used in edh

t. retard
>>
>>51996273
Because it gets back noncreature cards in a color that has trouble doing that, and does so while BEING a creature. It's super easy to use him to recur value spells in black, and reanimate him to do it all over again.
>>
>>51995620
I mean, it's not a meme...

in formats like Standard. I absolutely buy "something that costs 7 mana should either win you the game or put you on the brink of it" just because 7 mana is a lot in Standard or Legacy or Modern. But in EDH? Nah.
>>
>>51990172
Am I being retarded or do those tokens seriously not have the 'Sliver' subtype?
>>
>>51996313
You're being retarded. Check the oracle text. It took a long time for magic to be more coherent.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>51995824
>When you gen wave for ten and hit all lands/ dorks
>>
>>51996313
>{2}: Put a 1/1 colorless Sliver creature token onto the battlefield.
>>
>>51996313
You're being retarded.
>>
>>51991299
>level counters
No
>Meme lands
Yes
>>
File: 1488550134001-1918966938.jpg (5MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1488550134001-1918966938.jpg
5MB, 4096x2304px
What did you get in the maild today edhg/ :^)?
>>
>>51996328
Allright cool it's just me. Not the first time.
>>
>>51996380
Next time build a card house on top of her honkers
>>
>>51996396
It'll be tough but I'll try.
>>
File: 1433135775985.png (158KB, 816x754px) Image search: [Google]
1433135775985.png
158KB, 816x754px
So a friend of mine who recently started getting into EDH is getting interested in making his own deck after using precons for so long, and he wants to build around Akiri, Line-Slinger. Do you guys think he should splash in another partner or just go just Boros? H

>Enjoyed playing Breya but he got bored of it due to playing it the most without updating it. Wants to add stuff like Mirrorworks and Krark-Clan Ironworks after seeing my Mishra deck in motion
>Bought Atraxa at retail and thought it was okay, but slow and boring
>Also bought Ob Nixilis precon, only saw him play it once but he seemed to enjoy it other than a few bad cards he put in
>Tried running my Krenko deck, liked pumping out cheap goblins but the Nicol Bolas player kept stealing/saccing Krenko so he didn't really get to go big
>Tried my Tazri Ally Tribal deck, liked going big with allies ETB

tl;dr, what partner works best with Akiri or should she run solo?
>>
>>51996407
Akiri/Silas makes for a good equipments deck, solo Akiri or Akiri/Bruse for affinity aggro (pack Boros Charm for that Vandalblast counter, pray for no Consulate Crackdowns)
>>
>>51996407
Using a Partner commander solo is stupid to start with. Using one of the weakest ones in the single weakest color combination solo is double the stupid.
>>
>>51996300
And he's effectively unblockable.
>>
File: d9f.jpg (12KB, 236x242px) Image search: [Google]
d9f.jpg
12KB, 236x242px
>>51996559
>Ol' One-Eye being alive during your Declare Attackers Step
>>
>>51995620
Anon those cards aren't above six mana, they are six mana. Gitchu some reading comprehension boi.

I also didn't say I don't run anything that high unless it wins me the game, I said it had to be able to kill a player. But you are probably some control playing fuccboi that thinks debtors knell is a good card.
>>
>>51996598
>If it doesn't immediately kill a player for 7 mana it's unplayable in the slowest most ramp-heavy format in the game
So what you're saying is your curve ends at 6.
>>
>>51996607
Nah, I run molten primordial and insurrection in my marchesa deck for instance, typically they kill someone when cast.

But yeah, I don't see how I'm wrong that you want things that will kill people at that cost as opposed to do nothing cards. I'm not even talking high end tier 1 EDH here, just stuff that's better than a precon.

Maybe you should list some cards above 6 mana that don't let you kill someone. Even control poster boy cyclonic rift clears the field of blockers and prison effects so you can swing for the win.
>>
>>51995330
Pithing needle
>>
>>51996700
I missed a word, it's getting too late.

>Maybe you should list some cards above 6 mana that don't let you kill someone

I mean good cards, stuff that's actually playable instead of draft chaff.

And for all intents and purposes locking someone out of the game kills them btw.
>>
>>51996700
There's a whole spectrum between "immediately kills 1-3 players" and "does nothing". Debtor's Knell does nothing the turn it comes down, true, but unless it's destroyed it provides a steady stream of value. Cyclonic Rift CAN open up for the win, and it can also save you from getting blown out by someone else.
>>
>>51996762
I'm saying the cost is not worth the value, if you run junk like debtors knell you will die to my junk like molten primordial. I'd say both cards are in the spirit of EDH, you can't really fault someone for killing you with the primordial for instance. It just actually gets you somewhere and works towards ending the game instead of durdling.

Debtors Knell is bad, even when compared to other cards in the same genre (sheoldred, who isn't that amazing herself) it's bad. Why are you trying to defend it.
>>
>>51996823
I never said I'd fault someone for running the Primordial, I'm saying that "It has to immediately kill at least one player or it's unplayable trash" is way too high of a bar.

Debtor's Knell is better than Sheoldred if you ask me because it's harder to kill.
>>
File: 162[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
162[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>51996700
I run this in Azusa. It doesn't kill people when I cast it, it just makes them wish they were dead. Granted I'm usually casting it on turn 4 or 5 rather than turn 7.
>>
>>51996836
Harder to kill for a black deck, sure. Easier for a green deck, and no difference at all for white or blue.
An effect attached to a creature is only bad compared to non-creatures with the same effect only when the body is small. Sheoldred does more work than knell with her effect, and is a mostly unlockable 6/6. Despite all that she still isn't that great and I think most people wind up cutting her because she doesn't have any immediate impact, much like the knell.
>>
>>51996885
No, harder period. Enchantments are harder to get rid of than creatures, overall.
>>
>>51996881
Ehh, if you have the lands for it to be good I feel like avenger is the better card, since a T4 avenger in a lands deck will probably kill someone T5.

I don't have your decklists (you probably already run avenger) so it's hard to say what you should replace it with (or if I am wrong). But I think we can both agree that having the avenger out probably does more work for you than the realms.
>>
>>51996922
Yeah, definitely have Avenger. Dumping all of my basics onto the battlefield then Genesis Waving is always the deck's dream though. If I end up winning by other means before that then so be it.
>>
>>51996892
I think that's a problem with removal in your meta, not in EDH. Green finds it much easier to kill enchantments than creatures, black gets fucked, and the only thing red is actually good at getting rid of is artifacts and lands, so it's input need not apply. Blue and white don't give a fuck about permanent type.

If black is over represented in your meta or people run wrong amounts of the removal they should it's hardly a compelling argument for the format at large.
>>
File: flameslash.jpg (78KB, 206x294px) Image search: [Google]
flameslash.jpg
78KB, 206x294px
>>51996960
>and the only thing red is actually good at getting rid of is artifacts and lands, so it's input need not apply
Red's good at getting rid of creatures.. through damage exclusively.
>>
>>51996960
>Green finds it much easier to kill enchantments than creatures
Yes.

But creatures are the easiest-to-remove card type in the game.

Unless YOUR meta is full of fucked up W/G decks that run ten Disenchant effects each and zero creature removal spells
>>
File: 1471231516220.jpg (27KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1471231516220.jpg
27KB, 435x326px
>>51996380
>neckbearded weeb sharing his cum-stained mousepad again
>>
>>51996998
We are talking about a 6/6 though anon, red is pretty fucked for that. Other than based chaos warp they have to pay through the nose to blow that shit up.

>>51997006
I feel like you aren't even reading my posts past the first sentence anymore anon. Even if it was true that enchantment removal is a mythical beast that never gets played you still have to deal with the fact that knell is garbage. It could be an uncounterable sorcery that gives you an emblem and it would still be worse than just using a card to off a player that turn.
>>
>>51992147
>>51992187

Try mana weaving.
>>
>>51996407
Akiri and silias work the best together, tutor up a cranial plating and she becomes a powerhouse. Give her unblockable with thassa and doublestrike and enjoy yourself.
>>
File: 1484030510852.jpg (11KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
1484030510852.jpg
11KB, 218x231px
>>51997106
There's no reason to be upset :^)
>>
>>51997118
>Try cheating

No thanks
>>
>>51996407
If you wanna stay in RW you can just run Bruse.
>>
>>51997118
Nice meme.
If manaweaving works you are stacking your deck and cheating. If it doesn't work then why are you manaweaving.

Argument done, no thread derailing please.
>>
>>51997230
But what if you guys have a "mana weaving is okay" houserule?
since apparently people are okay with FUCKING NON-LEGENDARY NEPHILIM AS COMMANDERS
>>
>>51997297
Tbf, Wizards has admitted that the only reason the Nephilim aren't legendary is because they stopped doing functional errata.
>>
>>51997307
As well because they feared they'd be too limited to play as both legendary and quad-colors.
Of course that was to no avail because basically nobody played them anyway.
>>
What's a good "fly by the seat-of-your-pants" commander? Tutorless Jarad seems like he'd fit the bill
>>
>>51997110
I didn't say it's a "mythical beast that never gets played", I said that enchantments are harder to kill than creatures, because they are. Creatures are the easiest-to-kill single type (with Artifact Creature being probably the most vulnerable in general).

And you seem to have a binary grading system, where either it's "playable" because it kills a player outright the second it resolves, or it's "utter garbage" because it doesn't. I disagree. Is Debtor's Knell a weaker immediate play than Insurrection? Yes. But that doesn't make it unplayable. There's a whole spectrum.
>>
>>51997726
Ruhan, and a bunch of random effects. Let fate decide.
>>
>>51997726
Maelstrom Wanderer is the definition of "I have no idea what's happening or going to happen"
>>
>>51997750
I defined good as being better than a precon. Debtor's knell at its best is a precon level card. To me that's trash.
>>
>>51997761
>>51997813
These both sound fun
>>
>>51997832
Well good for you, your opinion is not immutable fact. If I decide that every spell over 3 mana that doesn't immediately kill every opponent in a ten mile radius is "unplayable trash", that doesn't make it a fact.
>>
File: Fire.png (45KB, 246x322px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
45KB, 246x322px
>Make Mishra deck
>has no wincon
>Entire playgroup targets it as if it's the plague
>mfw

Is Mishra considered a gay deck or something?
>>
>>51997950
Always kill the people without a wincon first
>>
>>51997950
Maybe they're scared because they don't know what it does
>>
>>51997950
I don't know of it being a "known" problem deck. The only thing I can think is they assume you're running things like Nether Void and Possibility Storm and they're hating you off the board so you don't "disrupt" things.

I'd advise you ask the group (outside a game so it doesn't seem like whining) "Is there a reason my Mishra deck gets targeted so fast?", and you can clear shit up.
>>
>>51997976
My group isn't exactly what you would call "magic savy". I doubt they know Nether Void or Possibility Storm exists
>>
>>51998038
Then they either vastly misunderstand Mishra's ability, or they think you're going to pull off some combo. I'd just talk to them.
>>
>>51997950
A lot of player equate Artifact decks to super retarded combos.
>>
>>51998113
Are they wrong?
>>
>>51998182
I'd say they're right 70% of the time.
>>
>>51998182
Sometimes. I've seen a deck that's like, a third artifacts and it's not only not combo, it's terrible.
>>
File: 1394487548632.png (192KB, 409x510px) Image search: [Google]
1394487548632.png
192KB, 409x510px
>When your opponent's commander is Oona
>>
>>51998213
I really wanna build Oona eldrazi processors.
>>
>>51997873
Maybe you misunderstood, probably because you weren't reading my posts at all. I said that being better than precon level was what I was basing my criteria on from the beginning, and the kind of meta I was talking about.

If you want to go and throw everything I said out the window though, debtor's knell is unplayable in the most literal sense of the word in a tier one meta, and by that I mean you will never be able to survive long enough to cast it against foodchain tazri and co.
>>
>>51998232
And even with those 'criteria', you have a binary fucking grading system:

It's either "Good" (it instantly kills a player) or "Unplayable trash" (it doesn't).
>>
>>51998245
Doesn't mean its wrong though.

Gitgud.
>>
>>51996881
run dictate of karametra for hilarity
>>
>>51988121
Is building an ezuri claw of progress deck worth it or should I choose a different simic commander
>>
>>51998961
He's really good
>>
>>51997333
To be fair, they would be much more played if they were legendaries. Not in any other format than EDH though.
Still, mana weaving is straight up cheating, but houseruling nephilim as commanders really isn't. With mana weaving you're effectively stacking your deck.
>>
File: ender666666-1krnfoo-14674256090.jpg (18KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
ender666666-1krnfoo-14674256090.jpg
18KB, 241x347px
how's this over an extra counter? it's a dollar general venser that stops supreme verdict, but would they just recast it?
>>
>>51999242
It's less good in EDH than it is elsewhere. Remand is strong in Modern because making them delay their spell by a turn can be a huge tempo loss (and in some cases basically blanks their spell), and the card replaces itself.

Don't think of Unsubstantiate in EDH as a counter, think of it as an Unsummon that you can occasionally use to buy yourself time.
>>
What general should I use if I want to make a political edh deck? Right now I'm running a kind of pillowfort lifegain karlov deck and basically pit the other players against one another under threat of destroying/exiling things of theirs. I was thinking either Queen Marchesa or Tasigur.
>>
>>51988121
I am thinking of making a token based deck.

Was floating Prrosh, or the flanking partner mixed with the token producing partner.

Whats more fun token wise,
Naya or jund?
>>
What are the best general blue permanents in edh, besides rhystic study?
>>
>>51999404
Propaganda
>>
Opinions on pongify and rapid hybridization?
>>
>>51999455
Spot removal is always good, but i prefer spot removal with a little more flexibility (putrefy) or permanency (exile).

Though on a personal note, I find both of these cards to be massive color breaks, and it annoys the crap out of me when MaRo defends them.
>>
>>51999404
baral
propaganda
monastery siege
>>
>>51999389
Naya gives you access to more token support in white, while Jund gives you access to more "sac dudes for great justice" in black.
>>
>>51999455
Hands down down some of the best effects you can get in blue. Reality shift is also excellent.

>>51999404
Mystic tempura
Leyline of anticipation
Planeswalkers.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>51999540
from what I have been seeing, black seems to open up game ending combo's.
>>
>>51999279
Would you say that Remand is good in EDH?
>>
>>51999568
>Hands down down some of the best effects you can get
>in blue
What about when you're playing 2c or 3c? Which color combinations would make them go from "some of the best" to "not worth the slot"?
>>
>>51999702
Honestly, it's fairly far down the list. If you're needing cheap counterspells to protect a combo that's about to go off, it's okay if you don't have Force and Pact.
>>
>>51999732
I would argue the moment you gain access to white.

Swords/path are almost always going to be superior then pongify/rapid
>>
>>51999732
not worth it in black and white

still good in green and red
>>
>>51999732
If you've got white or black you have access to better spot removal.
If you've got red, you can run burn, which is more versatile but can't always deal with big threats, so maybe it isn't worth the slot? That said Pongify into Anger of the Gods cleans up your mess pretty well
If all you have with your blue is green, you run the heck out of them. Even if you're URG that just means you can torch what Pongify and Beast Within leave behind.
>>
>>51999801
UG has some tools that catch more stuff like Beast Within but with every other color besides white and black (and I would make arguments for black) I'd run Reality Shift, Pongify and Rapid Hybridization.
>>
>>51999906
>And I would make arguments for black
Outside of a very small number of extremely powerful outliers (like Path and Swords), black is -the- color for creature spot removal.
>>
>>51995257
It has a nice secondary effect of thinning out your deck. Just tutor 3 basics every turn and discard any excess.
>>
>>51999937
>Thinning
Stop that.
>>
>>51999929
Yeah but it's almost always restricted to nonblack, nonartifact or both, Pongify effects catches all creatures. Black does have some unrestricted exile now but it's 4+ mana most of the time.
>>
>>51993116
>>51993241
Sorry to break it for you, but Painter's Servant is banned
You should get the other three Swords of Hurr and Durr for better redundancy though.
Also consider Mind Harness over Govern the Guildless
>>
>>51999974
Mind harness would fall off the turn after you play it though, unless the creature is actually red or green.
>>
>>52000037
Doesn't it only check for color at resolution?
>>
>>51999974
Oh, the group I play with know about it. So long as I'm not using grindstone or that one angel (which would be impossible considering I'm mono blue) they don't give a shit.

Also, I'll probably add in Mind Harness and take out something pointless.

I don't have the other swords.

>>52000037
I think it only checks for color when looking for a target.
>>
>>52000060
>>52000071
Nah, it's an aura with 'enchant red or green creature'. it would fall off the same way an aura with 'enchant creature' would fall of a theros god if it stopped being a creature.
>>
>>52000071
Llawan + Servant is still quite backbreaking, especially if you have the Seer around to soft-counter any removal.
>>
>>51999404
Imprisoned in the moon, Thassa if you're winning through aggro
>>51999518
All the Sieges are so powerful yet cost so little cash, I love it.
>>
File: WP_20170303_13_48_48_Pro (2).jpg (2MB, 4593x2514px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170303_13_48_48_Pro (2).jpg
2MB, 4593x2514px
Building a Ruhan deck and I can't decide which Top I want to use.

Old art or new, /edhg/?
>>
>>52000093
I've yet to get that combo. Hell, in the games I've played, I've only gotten the servant once. Haven't seen the Sapphire once.
Generally speaking, as long as any niggery I can pull requires multiple pieces out to function no one minds too much.

>>52000087
I see.
>>
>>51999947
When it's 3 cards per turn, thinning is actually significant.
>>
>>52000155
Old
>>
>>52000155
For ruhan, I'd say new. Unless you've got a visual theme with a lot of chunky, monolithic productions or a ton of Kamigawa stuff, I ;ike the misty sworls on the new one.

That said, old actually looks like a fucking top.
>>
>>51992730

I run this list and while it doesn't win all that often, it's a good but of fun. If your group doesn't like MLD you'll have some free slots to tune it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-which-is-best-in-life/
>>
>>51995330
Dizzy Spell
>>
>>52000155
Old printing, always.
>>
>>51995330
Artificer's Intuition of course
>>
>>52000155
Old art is better

New frame is better

Fight me
>>
>>52000155
>jewish dreidel
>Alpha from power rangers severed head
>>
>>52000497
>>52000497
>>52000497

NEW
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.