[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2nd Great Crusade edition Previous crusade >>51961752

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 64

2nd Great Crusade edition

Previous crusade >>51961752 → #

>DUNCAN IS RECAPTURED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE [Open] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempt to fuck your list up
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
1st for
why you dont put 40k in the title for the ctrl+f
>>
Discussion Topic:

Obscenely excessively large sister of battle breast flesh causing falls to Slaanesh in guardsmen due to lascivious lusts, rumor or fact?
>>
>>51966013
>The ultramarines seem to have about 20 dreads, two to each company. If that's the case,
All chapters have further dreadnoughts/caskets in storage, either empty and awaiting acceptable pilots, or in stasis as a way of giving their greatest veterans some reprieve from constant fighting/the pain of being horribly mutilated and shoved in a robot suit.

The ultramarines, being a first founding legion, probably have hundreds of dreadnoughts available to them. They just don't break them out for every fight.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZYh9co8zk
>>
Aegis quad gun
Or
Enginseer with 1 Servitor

Both are in a 2k gun-line list.
>>
File: 1429866033465.jpg (111KB, 508x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429866033465.jpg
111KB, 508x600px
Would you read?
>>
Repost purely because I was the last post of last thread:

The variety of Dreadnoughts kinda baffles me in the face of the 1 million space marines in the Galaxy figure. I mean, some of the other sheer variance of equipment is also baffling, but I guess chapters can be overequipped and change gear between campaigns, so let's focus on the dreads.

The ultramarines seem to have about 20 dreads, two to each company. If that's the case, and they're a super well equipped first founding chapter, then it follows that there are -at most- 20,000 dreads in existence, likely far less.

So I mean, how many of those are Contemptors? How many are the even smaller subset who are Leviathans or Deredeos? Is it remotely reasonable for some 20th founding nobodies to have non-boxy dreads?

I run an all-dreadnoughts, drop pods and occasionally support tanks 2000 point list. How special snowflake is my chapter?

>>51966057

Okay if you're right, then I wanna see fluff where a chapter dread-rushes someone attacking their homeworld. Just unleashes a wave of Dreadnoughts in a surprise assault.
>>
File: image.jpg (419KB, 1216x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419KB, 1216x958px
"Magnus, why is your brother up on the table?"

"He likes being tall."
>>
File: 1488097563357.jpg (125KB, 736x969px) Image search: [Google]
1488097563357.jpg
125KB, 736x969px
I don't know if I should swap the Dark Talon for a Nephilim Jetfighter to have good AA, though I lose bombs and rift cannon in the process. This is for competitive.

++DA CAD++
>HQ

Libby lvl 2 Telephaty, Force sword, Desvalles Holy Circle, auspex.

Saint Celestine

>Elite

Command squad, apothecary, 4 gravguns, sacred standard, 1 storm shield

>Troops

2 10 man tac squads with grav cannon, plasma gun and combi-plasma

>Fast Attack

3 bikes with attack bike, 2 meltaguns, 1 multimelta, melta bombs

Darkshroud with Hbolter

Dark Talon

++Oathsworn detachment++

Imperial Knight Paladin w/ Icarus autocannon
>>
>>51966209

Who accompanied Princess Celestia? Just three bikes?
>>
>>51966209
Doing "loyalist" stuff, huh
>>
>>51966248
Oh forgot to add that infantry all go with drop pods.
Celestia flies with darkshroud+bikes to reach tacs midfield or accompanies the Knight while he walks through the field
>>
>>51966165
40k numbers make zero sense. Don't try to glean meaning from them.

>Is it remotely reasonable for some 20th founding nobodies to have non-boxy dreads?
Sure. Have it be a member of the original chapter sent to keep the traditions of the primarch alive. Or have them get it from a FW as a gift for services rendered. Or have them liberate it from some Chaos scum.
>>
>>51966147
Can't be worse than Sherlock/Dr Who/One direction gay werewolf crossovers.
>>
>>51966297
>>51966248
Your power levels are showing.
>>
Would I be better off going for Necrons, Ad Mech, Tau, Orks, or Eldar for a vehicle/tank heavy force?

Skitarii seems like a weaker option there due to only having 3 different walkers. Necrons are a bit better with lots of skimmers and chariots. Tau are appealing for having a Tank Ace, and Eldar seem to already have a canon crafters with that theme. The main thing Orks bring to the table is variety.

As a side note, is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies? I know they have wraithguard, but those are more like Dreadnoughts since they have a dead pilot.
>>
>>51966360

Mocking nickname.
>>
>>51966335
>Or have them liberate it from some Chaos scum.
That sounds like a good idea. The Dreadnought in case was fighting with his chapter litterallyjustmadeitup on the world of whatsitsname. [Your dudes] came by and helped driving the enemy off planet, but the Dreadnoughts chapter was all but destroyed. Being nice, helpful guys, your dudes take the Dreadnought with you (and maybe some spare transports, weaponry, and geneseed) to help him get revenge on whoever was the enemy and honour his chapter.
>>
>>51965380
> Alpha Legion might be either closet loyalists,
from their actaions in the heresy its VERY possible that half the legion fell, whilst the other half stayed lloyal. by the 41st mellenia they are a fractious bunch of individual cells, some of which are closet loylaists, some are totally for chaos, some just dont care anymore, and some are a mix of the above. There main dig is being a secrative bunch of plotters, so its basically impossible to know what the brothers orginally wanted for their legion. Personally, i like the oidea that alpharius was the traitorus one, and omegon stayed loyal, but thats just me.
>>
>>51966377
>is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies?
Using robots to war and work lead to the decadent lifestyle that brought the fall, so they dropped it.

Your analysis is pretty spot on, personally I play Ork exactly because of variety and possibility of looting.
>>
>>51966360
what is irony
>>
>>51966165
>I wanna see fluff where a chapter dread-rushes someone attacking their homeworld
with any luck we may see the ultramarines unleash their dreadnoughts on the black legion
>>
>>51966377
why bother using machines when you have advanced material you can grow that reacts psychically beyond what mere metal can do? the wraithlord can dance and leap across a battlefield. it's probably more to due with their reliance on psychic stuff but i could see the amish elves using robots
>>
>>51966493
An abused term now used to excuse being wrong?
>>
>>51966482
>>51966540
I guess those are decent reasons. Still, it feels like throwing out a couple of automatic sentry turrets to blast away with scatter lasers to hold a line would be simpler than tricking some humans into doing it or using civilians as guardians.

That aside, the main reason I ask was to come up with more stuff that fit well with that sort of machine theme that would be going on with a vehicle heavy Eldar force.
>>
>>51966507
>inb4 Trazyn shows up again
>but he just unleashes a chapters worth of Dreadnoughts, looted over the course of milennia/timetravel shenanigans
>that's all Necrons get though.
>buy your very own [new dreadnought model] for just a 100 Dollaridoos!
>I probably would
>>
File: rt403eldarwarrobot.jpg (40KB, 693x401px) Image search: [Google]
rt403eldarwarrobot.jpg
40KB, 693x401px
>>51966377
>is there any reason Eldar don't use robots or automatons in their armies?
they do, just not very often and they fill the same roles as wraithlords/guard/what-have-you

>>51966592
it was fun having him show up once, but a second would ruin the magic
>>
>>51966592
>chapters worth of Dreadnoughts
So, a full chapter consistent of dreadnoughts, with it's own dread-chapter-master, dread-captains, dread-librarians (contemptors) etc

I would love the fuck out of that.
>>
How can one regiment be so based?
>>
>>51966641
>including an ancient STC to produce Dreadnoughts for your Deadnoughts!
>>
>>51966589
you'll want this craftworld then

>>51966641
nap time would be serious business
>>
>>51966698
FUCK YES
>>
So Goron the finite? Dead and ceasing?

Sorry, my autocorrect can be a gichr at times.

Aaaaanyhow

Wgat is the best way to lay out a tau battlesuit army if I like them for concept and fluff over power? How can I let my opponents GSC da fair chance?
>>
>-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights that are not daemons.

Excuse me, what?!
>>
File: Screenshot_20161228-122342.jpg (60KB, 269x359px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161228-122342.jpg
60KB, 269x359px
>>51966542(you)
>>
>>51966828

Grey Knights were secretly daemons all along, didn't you hear?
>>
>>51966625
Hmm...I guess Wraiths are basically robots to them. Still feels weird with the whole Necromancy association though.

>>51966722
That seems to be exactly the sort of thing I'm going for. I'll take a look to see what I can find on them.
>>
What's the most efficient way to add some Guard vehicles to Genestealer cults, particularly anti-air and artillery, without dead points on infantry?
>>
>Formations to field the Fallen, the Grey Knights Bulwark of Purity, the Victrix Guard of the Ultramarines and the Triumvirate of the primarch
I can't fucking wait to use at last my unpainted Dark Angels, I despise their green colour.
>>
>>51966625

Trazyn's appearance was fantastically lame, because it made no sense for the only Necron response to the pylons being disrupted to be a bored museum curator running tech support on a whim.
>>
>>51966857
wraith units ARE robots, just powered by (essentially) a corpse

but those battle droids were just robots. Nothing really stopping the eldar from using more automation beyond the "muh ancient warrior culture" and "necrons exist and we can't take their gimmick" shit
>>
>>51966912

No, they're wraithbone golems. Nothing I've ever seen indicates they function as a robot rather than being animated by spirits.
>>
>>51966912
>a corpse
more a soul
>>
File: Necron Galaxy Map.jpg (161KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Galaxy Map.jpg
161KB, 900x620px
>>51966898
But it's all we got out of this. Which is indeed a bit weird, since there are quite a few active tomb worlds right around the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>51966968
Well, Wraith Knights do have one living pilot and one dead one. They must have some kind of need for the living one.
>>
>>51967050
i always thought it was just a bigger wraithlord and with a living pilot it can be active for longer
>>
>hear a store is having a 40k night
>want to try a new place so I go down there
>walk in, strong smell of grease hits me
>40k tables are empty
>everyone is sitting around a seperate table eating fast food and talking
I just bought a box of discount wracks and left. Not to sound snobby but do people seriously just let people bring food in to game stores?

I'm not talking about a small sandwich or a bottle of water, these guys had burgers, fries and chicken wings with huge coke bottles just sitting down and eating them in this stuffy back ally store.
>>
Hello again /40kg/,

Yesterday I asked you guys about running a mono-god army, and the general response was that I should either go with Daemokin or one of the traitor legions. I did some more research and the Death Guard look cool, so I think that's where I'll start (and eventually I'll pick up some Nurgle Daemons as well).

My question: what's the best way to start with a Death Guard army? Should I get generic CSM and paint them green, or should I go with Plague Marines, or something else? I've never done this before so ease of painting is moderately important to me as well.
>>
>>51967202
DG are so good literally anything works. Their decurion is good: for that you need a warband, which is (min) 2 units of marines, 1 unit of either chosen or termintors (termintors are best small with cimbi-meltas), 1 or ratirs or warbikes (DG bikes are fucking crazy) and 1 helbrute or unit of havoks

last but not least you need a chaos lord, ideally on a bike
>>
>>51967162
All the local stores do it in San Antonio, but they enforce a "don't eat where you play" policy pretty stringently
>>
>>51966912
Well, either way, I'll probably be looking towards alternatives to showing off their love for machines.
>>
>>51967050

That's because Wraithknights are Evangelions.
>>
>>51965835
I'll get back to making the general once exams are over, because apparently someone put an ogryn in charge of it
>>
>>51967354
I mean, you could convert battle drones and play them as wraith guard. Just a nod to their precursors.
>>
>>51966507
Space wolves sorta did on fenris
>>
File: The_Purge.jpg (159KB, 445x699px) Image search: [Google]
The_Purge.jpg
159KB, 445x699px
>>51967202
If you want Nurgle CSM but are too bored of converting/bulging to make them plagued go with The Purge warband, they're pretty cool.
>>
File: Bloat Guard - 1990pts.jpg (238KB, 900x998px) Image search: [Google]
Bloat Guard - 1990pts.jpg
238KB, 900x998px
>>51965835
I'd like to see what you anon's come up with.

Make a 2000 point list and whatever unit you take, you have to take all the options you can and take the most expensive options.
>>
>>51967050
>These pilots are rare and unusual warriors who were each born a twin. The psychic link between an Eldar and his twin is like no other, and this bond allows them to sense the proximity, mood, and even thoughts of their counterpart. If the twin were to die, the surviving brother or sister will often fade away in sympathy. Sometimes, when such a division takes place, the surviving twin will sacrifice what is left of his life to pilot a Wraithknight. The essence of the dead twin is transferred into a Spirit Stone attached to the machine, whilst the surviving sibling is put into a near-permanent trance within his cockpit. The clarity of thought provided by the living twin ensures that the construct moves with the speed typical of a living Eldar, while the psychic link of the departed sibling allows him to commune with the animating forces of his twin, but also spirits of former pilots of the construct. The great measure of control afforded by this mind gives the pilot mastery over the Wraithknights psychically-powered weapons systems and an acrobatic grace that seemingly defies its size.
The wraithknight is so big the ghost needs the help of the living pilot to function.
>>
>>51967202
Forge world also has some really good kits for DG marines and terminators.
>>
>>51967447
>jetbike spam army
>best option is the most expensive one
>>
File: IMG_8869.png (256KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8869.png
256KB, 500x333px
>>51967477
>>
>>51967447

>Grey Knights
>oh look it's literally the same list
>life is suffering
>>
>>51967029
The necrons will have their time in the limelight, this was just to hold off necron fans until they finally get a main spot in a new "gathering storm" style book
>>
>>51967411
there are no space wolves on fenris
>>
>>51967552
Nice meme Magnus, pretty sure there were at least a few wolves on fenris during warzone fenris
>>
What skitarii or cult mech units would make good melta servitor proxies?

>don't wanna pay an arm and a leg so cataphrons are out
>>
File: IMG_8870.jpg (138KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8870.jpg
138KB, 900x600px
How many tech priests does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
>>
>>51967579
Common misconception. There were fenrisian wolves and space marines on fenris, but no space wolves.
>>
Fuck this european shipment policy I just want to buy cheap minis in leafland REEEEEEEE
>>
>>51967624
Please stop making me sexualize 40k
>>
>>51967541
>necrons being relevant
>ever

I'm a necron fan as well but how can we compete with Chaos or the Eldar or even the Orks for the limelight?
>>
So last time I played 40k was 3rd Edition. That was probably 18 years ago.
The last few years I started to play board games again, my wife got me Shadows of Brimstone for birthday and that was the point where I got sucked into tabletops again. Recently I got Burning of Prospero and it pulled me in again. I'd be interested in starting 40k again and those new Thousand Sons are really hot. I picked up some of those Scarab Terminators and wondered how to move from there. What I gathered from googling: Pure Thousand Sons are pretty hard to play at the moment.

Could you guys recommend me a nice CSM starter army with Thousand Sons in it?
>>
>>51967629
>bjorn isn't a space wolf
>>
>>51967719
last I checked he was very much a space marine, yes
>>
Does the reborn warhost just need to have seven units in the roster or actually have seven units on the table to gain the benefit?
>>
File: d4685.png (231KB, 528x418px) Image search: [Google]
d4685.png
231KB, 528x418px
>>51967631
F
>>
>>51967707
Grab Ahriman and the Exalted Sorcerers, and some rubric marines. You'll need Traitor Legions supplement. Run a War Cabal formation (add 1-3 predators in a squadron to make it a decurion style formation)
>>
>>51967660
We rank down there with tau on the credible evil badguy threat level

>chaos is going to let the galaxy burn
>nids are going to eat the entire galaxy
>the beast arrises shows orks could easily conquer a weakened imperium and then the rest of the Galaxy
>tau could potentially conquer the galaxy after thousands of years and after achieving true warp travel
>necrons supposedly would conquer the galaxy if they all woke up because their advance technology and being almost impossible to kill, but that's rarely shown in the fluff bar rare stuff like the world engine
>>
>>51967757
I don't understand, how am I getting trolled? What's your angle on this?

>don't you have better things to do like killing your dad and dominating at LVO Magnus?
>>
>>51967821
>how am I getting trolled?
is posting facts trolling now? I don't care what you identify as, you're a space marine, not a wolf.
>>
>>51967866
This is some serious autism anon
>>
>>51967821

He's being autistic about the translation of Vika Fenryka.

Which translates as Wolves of Fenris.

Which means that technically, Space Wolves aren't called Space Wolves, they're called Wolves from the Planet Wolf.
>>
>>51967707
Daemons are a seperate army.
While Tzeentch marines are pure shit, Tzeentch daemons are STRONG.

You could always take an allied detachment/second CAD of daemons with a lord of change. I hear the released a digital codex with the Fenris update added on so you won't even need to buy the suppliment seperatly.
>>
>>51967776
Roster.
>>
File: Tyranids - 1830pts (1).jpg (66KB, 900x260px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1830pts (1).jpg
66KB, 900x260px
>>51967447
The best
>>
File: latest.jpg (78KB, 381x397px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
78KB, 381x397px
What are good chapter tactics for a chapter aligned with Forge World Mezoa, a volanic world known for their flamers/meltas? Thinking IH, Salamanders, or some FW tactics
>>
>>51967926
Ty
>>
>>51968069
Salimanders jack off to flamers and meltas more than any other chapter and they also live on a volcano world
>>
So should we just make a new thread with the right name so people can actually find it?
>>
>>51968110
No, while annoying to find this generally culls shitposting for a bit which is nice
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1990pts.jpg (118KB, 900x534px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1990pts.jpg
118KB, 900x534px
>>51967447
daemons can get pretty expensive
>>
>>51968125
>less shitposters
>less people and activity in general on the thread

The general will have less normies, but at what cost?
>>
>>51967202
I would recommend 1 box of csm for the bitz and MK 3 Space marines from the burning of prospero box. They are very fitting for the DG. Try to convert some havocs out of these, Autocannons if you can get them. Add your choice of terminators, chose, raptors or stupid bikes. If you think about fielding cultists, take Typhus and annoy everyone with your FNP
>>
>>51968142
I'd say it's a fair trade, the only posters here actually want to contribute
>>
File: AlliedSlaaneshMarines.jpg (314KB, 900x1268px) Image search: [Google]
AlliedSlaaneshMarines.jpg
314KB, 900x1268px
Rate my list /tg/.
>>
>>51967779>>51967902

Alright I ordered the CSM Codex and Traitor Legions because everything in Wrath of Magnus is apparently in Traitor Legions without all the story stuff.
I'm really excited for Ahriman and his 3 exalted stooges but I've heard that Rubric Marines are shit but as far as I understood I need those guys for the formation? So I can't replace them as a core choice, right?
>>
File: Grey Knights - 1850pts.jpg (132KB, 900x486px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - 1850pts.jpg
132KB, 900x486px
>>51967998
>>
>>51966209
>Celestine
>gravspam
>oathsworn
Ah, you're one of those people
>>
>thinking you can stop my shitposting

Hahaha! your faction is stupid and needs to be nerfed!
>>
>>51968318
Oh yeah? Well your faction is only played by grognards!
>>
>>51966882
What? Where?
>>
>>51968372
That hurt my feelings.
You took it too far anon.
>>
>>51968318

your faction buff when?
>>
>>51968372
I guess you can even be a WAACfag in terms of internet arguments. 0 to 100 with this guy over here.
>>
>>51968411
Never ever
>>
>>51968266
>>51967998
holy hell, it's crazy that you can dump so many points on units
>>
>>51968411
Maybe in Rise of the Primarch?

>Grey Knight player here
>>
>>51968429
It's okay though I play nids.
>>
>>51968213
All it takes is someone to mention trump or age of the emperor and the thread will self destruct
>>
>>51968465
Just don't reply it's that easy
>>
>>51968472
I think b8'rs will start replying to their own posts if no one take its to try and stir up the argument, I just don't get the joy of watching a perfectly healthy thread die and devolve into a shitty mess

>tfw square base "leak" ruined days worth of generals
>>
>>51968465
Trump probably plays the market
>>
Friend just made this list. Is it as horrible as i think it is, or i am just overreacting?

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Dark Angels: Codex (2015) v2004) (1002pts) ++

+ HQ (115pts) +

········Librarian (115pts)
············Power Armour [Combi-Flamer, Infantry, Power Sword]
············Psyker [Level 2]

+ Elites (225pts) +

········Deathwing Terminator Squad (225pts) [Assault Cannon, Chainfists, 4x Deathwing Terminators]
············Deathwing Sergeant [Storm Bolter and Power Sword]

+ Troops (662pts) +

········Tactical Squad (170pts) [Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine]
············Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword]

········Tactical Squad (180pts) [Heavy Bolter, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine]
············Sergeant [Boltgun, Power Sword]

········Tactical Squad (170pts) [Lascannon, Meltagun, 9x Tactical Marine]
············Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword]

········Tactical Squad (142pts) [Flamer, 7x Tactical Marine]
············Sergeant [Boltgun, Power Fist]
>>
>>51968374
They're not out yet, I just read it on that classic rumor site but in both previous storm books formations like these were a given.
>>
>>51968493
/v/ and /pol/ cross-boarders basically live on this stuff
>>
>>51968515
It's pretty bad, would be better off replacing that weird 7 marine squad with a bunch of rhinos for the other squads
>>
File: IMG_8871.jpg (14KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8871.jpg
14KB, 266x190px
>>51968503
That gives me a good idea, post a picture and the guy below has to guess what army they would play

>I'll start
>>
>>51968515
You know. I was going to make a
>1002pts
Reference. But then I looked at the list and hell, your friend will need more than 2 extra points
>>
>>51968515
>>51968555
Ah Jesus nevermind I just saw the lascannon in the same squad as the melta, what the fuck man
>>
>>51968555
trips spoken he's hardcore WYSIWYG though and only fields what looks good for him. And he despises rhinos for how they look
>>
>>51968587
Could be Combat Squad'ing
>>
File: 145649070.png (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
145649070.png
1MB, 1280x1810px
>>51967624
Well, at least two, but I've got no idea how you'll fit them inside a lightbulb.
>>
>>51968515
I mean it's not terrible, I made worse when I was new
>>
File: 1483805838946.jpg (837KB, 2992x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1483805838946.jpg
837KB, 2992x2328px
>>51968557
inquisition. human, filthy rich, can do what they want, and corrupt
>>
>>51966865
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/codices/astra-militarum/structure#TOC-Emperor-s-Wrath-Artillery-Company
>>
File: 1456949568.gif (947KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1456949568.gif
947KB, 450x253px
>>51968557
Guard.
>>
File: IMG_8872.jpg (17KB, 275x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8872.jpg
17KB, 275x266px
>>51968611
>that wasn't weed
>>
Are you allowed to take two Combined Arms Detachments?
Has Forge World released any Formations or announced plans to?
>>
>>51965835
We /Orks/ now http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3965054/Surgeon-world-s-human-HEAD-transplant-says-operation-place-UK-year.html
>>
Why didn't GW bring back Lorgar instead of Magnus. Would have been a great setup to bring back girlyman, considering their hatred for each other after Calth
GDubs, if you are reading this, hire me plz
I am also really good at finding songs for the Night Lords

Also, Emoji check:
>>
>>51968633
Yes and yes
>>
>>51968624
>valkyr
Definitely Tyranids.
>>
>>51967796
It would be nice for an updated Trazyn at least to hold up to the fluff. He seems to be GW's go to guy for Necrons in Fluff but he in unplayable because of his rules.
>>
>>51968618

>Unprotected company command squad just sitting there

Wouldn't that be kinda expensive and contribute nothing?
>>
>>51968646
>Why didn't GW bring back Lorgar
magnus, angron, mortarion and fulgrim are more important and (more importantly) more marketable, since they're linked to the four chaos powers directly
>>
>>51968707
>Tyranids
Nigga, Valkyr is obviously kdk
>>
>>51968747
What's more important is that we can identify valkyr based on just her ass
>>
>>51968640
i feel like it's still too early to be attempting
>>
>>51968726
Although your argument doesn't really make sense, as it could have made sense to have more of an undivided prince (yes I know there is no such thing) first, and then seperate down the different gods.
Your logic is that they are better off selling to one of four gods, rather than a Primarch that works for all.
Also Forge World brought out Lorgar early to great success.
>>
File: i know that ass.png (1MB, 1206x672px) Image search: [Google]
i know that ass.png
1MB, 1206x672px
>>51968769
ah, a fellow butt expert
>>
>>51968783
The Chinese have done experiments with monkeys, and Russia has done similar experiments with doggos https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U
Whatever the case if it is successful manlets will rise up.
>>
>>51968810
H-hey I am an expert too
they poop and fart
>>
>>51968718
On the other hand, everything Necron in GWs shop is always in the Sautekh colour scheme, most vanilla of all.
Trazyn doesn't even seem to have a dynasty he could represent.
>>
File: 1486920597770.jpg (49KB, 450x511px) Image search: [Google]
1486920597770.jpg
49KB, 450x511px
>>51968832
>Next up, Chinese making recast dogs
>Pet owners claim it is better to support local pet shops rather than buying recast doggos
>Claim authentic dogs give less allergies than recast doggos
>Claim recast doggos are lesser quality than real doggos
>Replacing word cloning for recast for effect
>>
>>51968832
it's an amazing subject and cutting edge tech, i'm still creeped out at how you can transfer or replace limbs. perhaps this is the way to immortality? get tired of your body and grab a new one. i swear i've seen this plot somewhere...
>>
What even is this thread?
>>
>>51968947
Give me back my sides, Anon! They can't transplant those yet.
>>51968996
There was a little discovery that young blood rejuvenates old mice, and I wouldn't doub it would work on humans. Head transplants and the closest thing we're going to get to Bloodborne here we come!
>>
>>51968809
>I know there is no such thing

But anon, Lorgar IS a daemon prince
>>
>>
>>51969018
Idk because there's no title
>>
>>51966085
It's already scanned. There's a thread in the archives.
>>
>>51969081

A whole lot of kitbashing going on there.
>>
>>51969036
...wasn't there a crazy noble lady that liked to bathe in the blood of peasant virgin girls? some mad man actually tested it and found it to be true? crazy
>>
i want to know everything about the 40k lore, wheres a good place to start reading?
>>
Can anyone help me throw together a list with a Tiger Shark in it?
I really like the idea of a huge Knight-wrecking railgun on a tiny plane, but the dumb thing's 660 points stock.
Even if I wanted to WAAC, bringing Riptides alongside it seems like a bad idea considering how few models I'll end up with.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with it?
>>
>>51969121
Vaults of terra is good
1d4chan is okay but sometimes it has autism but occasionally has some keks
Arch warhammer is well liked but I find him way too long winded
One mind syndicate makes a lot of 40k videos
And of course the 40k wiki

Also black library books are pretty good usually, and if you wanna know about a specific army their codex usually has a lot of lore
>>
>>51969128
Just field a normal list but with a tigershark in it wow that was difficult
>>
>>51969128
Bring pathfinders and stealth suits to make a fluffy spec ops force calling in airstrikes and keep them in cover. Maybe yse an OSC for anti tank.
>>
>>51969120
Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed. But the accusations that lead to her trial are probably just bullshit, made up to get her out of the way. So, mostly political backstabbing.
>>
>>51969151
What normal list has a third of its points invested into a single unit? The Tigershark's more expensive than a fully-geared Riptide Wing, and that comes with three models that can actually start the game on the board.

The Tiger Shark doesn't seem like a model that you can just shove onto the board willy-nilly. I figured it needed the right kind of support.
>>
>>51969150
Don't recommend 1d4chan to new fags. They believe everything written on there instead if realizing it's mostly unsourced memes.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 900x730px
>>51969120
That was the Blood Countess and there probably have been experiments into humans recently. Shame my blood can't help anyone but I'm a staph carrier so what do.
>>
>>51969197

1d4 is good if some asshole didn't screwed with the resume parts of it

though the Dawn of Eldar part in DoW page is utterly retarded
>>
File: aswa.jpg (470KB, 1723x1071px) Image search: [Google]
aswa.jpg
470KB, 1723x1071px
>>51969081
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZYh9co8zk
>>
>>51969201
i mean it isn't anything breathtaking, blood is life
>>
>>51968465
You mention it, I post it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wN-6BdRhC5UThhU255VE9WMzA
>>
>>51969233
True, but it is a start.
>>
>>51968723
Hide it behind some terrain.
>>
>>51969197
It's a right of passage for newfags to go to 1d4 and learn all the shitty stale memes that will lead to their game store hating them for a month before they finally become a well respected matured neckbeard who gets lore from good sources
>>
>>51969216
to be fair eldar were OP in that game
>>
File: 59733581_p0_master1200.jpg (154KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
59733581_p0_master1200.jpg
154KB, 425x600px
cultists are for _______
>>
What bits come in the plague marine box?
>>
File: 1466906839937.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1466906839937.gif
776KB, 500x273px
>>51968832
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY YOU FUCKS WHY?!
>>
File: ohyou.png (247KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.png
247KB, 496x372px
>>51969289
Multiplying on 2, 4+ rolls
>>
>>51969216
>though the Dawn of Eldar part in DoW page is utterly retarded
How? I think you're just an asshurt Aeldari player.
>>
>>51969319
Shh shhh you'll summon cheetah anon
>>
>>51969315
FAQ shut it down.
>>
>>51969233
You are dumb.
blood is no more 'Life' than spinal fluid, microtubuels or mRNA, you fucking humanities scum

>t Biochem PhD
>>
Is there a source for Leman Russ tractors or is that just a /tg/ism?
>>
File: Lwo0CTF.gif (5MB, 650x352px) Image search: [Google]
Lwo0CTF.gif
5MB, 650x352px
>>51969333
>>
>>51969289
Cuddling after a long day killing corpse worshippers
>>
File: d54.jpg (93KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
d54.jpg
93KB, 600x899px
>>51969333
Aeldari
>>
>>51968605
The bulb is for illuminating the Emperor's Palace.
>>
File: 1414820185823.jpg (49KB, 283x344px) Image search: [Google]
1414820185823.jpg
49KB, 283x344px
>>51969343
shhh, let me have my dreams
>>
>>51969333
AeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldariAeldari
>>
>>51969233
dubs confirms it, dracula plays 40k

>>51969349
is being a scientist fun?
>>
File: cheetah anon final form.jpg (131KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah anon final form.jpg
131KB, 1024x1024px
>>51969374
NOW YOU FUCKED UP
>>
>>51966201
>"And then there's this faggot."
>>
>>51969387
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......aeldari
>>
>>51969349
biochem too, i meant it as a metaphor. don't get so worked up over culture thing.
>>
>>51969349
Speaking of bio I was thinking about this, shouldn't tyranids not be called synapse creatures and instead be action potentials or something, a synapse is just the gap junction between nerves.

>t. Premed student with a B in PGY right now
>>
>>51967519
>post yfw Eldar knight fluff is older than NGE
>>
>>51969354
I'll let that slide because that's painfully kyoote
>>
Is it possible to build a Chaos army thats competitive that relies on cultist and raptor spam? I wanna convert my marines to be true-scale or at least big but that rules out bikes, rhinos and terminators. Is it possible to make a kick ass army list without these?
>>
>>51969401
other anon. If you want to be "accurate"(and we're talking about a fucking game), you might, but in my opinion synapse creature just sounds cooler
>>
File: Charging to rape someone.gif (1015KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
Charging to rape someone.gif
1015KB, 480x300px
>>51967519

>eva shit on my 40k

SUMMON THE MOBILE SUIT MECHANICUS!
>>
>>51969354
holy fuck those kittens are so fucking cute
>>
So I'm trying to figure out a way to combine my hatred of craftworlders with my love for going fast. I figure I could take a couple of spiritseers that suicide themselves with sanctic powers to make max sized units of caltrop reavers soulburst into a first turn charge (with ine spiritseer left over for later). Bit of a silly and risky concept but I thought it could be amusing to toy with in casual games. Also the disgusting craftworlders would be modelled in chains. Is this idea Dark Eldar enough?
>>
>>51969379
>is being a scientist fun?
its basically long periods of mildly interesting shit, interspersed with extreme stress and excitement, and a hell of a lot of lectures by different people.
>>51969399
>having properly regulated EIF4E
pff, where do you think you are?
>>51969401
Technically they should be hive nodes or something yes, but this is GW, and mainstream science knowledge, so yeah
>>
>>51969435
I agree, synapse has some sort of zing to it, also if something is in "synapse range" that actually makes sense because it means the gap is short enough for a neurotransmitter to defuse to

>I know neurotransmitters don't defuse but you get what I mean
>>
>>51969523
>neurotransmitters don't defuse
they actually do
>>
>>51969301
Because Ivan's country has a HIV epidemic and he wants to do some meaningful besides drinking himself to death before the HIV kills him.
>>
Where do I get bits for the Cadian Sergeant to magnetize him?
>>
>>51969451
Quick you can have one mobile suit from any of the series as a 40k model, size to kNight titan scale, go
>>
>>51969040
I said undivided prince, but that's okay, not everyone can read well.
>>
>>51969513
>not having enough EIF4EBP1 to stop being cancer
>>
>>51969534
I mean it's not really called defusion it's kinda it's own thing, but yeah I concede it's technically deffusion but not the same as regular cell signaling
>>
>>51969556
>No such thing as undivided Daemon Prince
>Lorgar is Undivided
>Lorgar is a Daemon Prince
>1+1=3
>>
>>51969405
let's see, neon genesis came out in 1995 so the idea was bouncing around in Anno's head for a few years at least. it's possible Anno could be playing eldar for that long

>>51969500
you're crazy, but it could work
>>
File: Tard.jpg (18KB, 593x59px) Image search: [Google]
Tard.jpg
18KB, 593x59px
>>51969556
Who can't read?
>>
>>51969611
there's a weird retcon since be'lakor is now in 40k and he's been declared as the only chaos undivided daemon prince
>>
>>51969641
Be'lakor is one of the worst things to have happened to every GW franchise ever.
>>
>>51969641
Yeah, Logar is a prince of Tzeentch now just like Magnus.
>>
File: Chapters.jpg (257KB, 1708x641px) Image search: [Google]
Chapters.jpg
257KB, 1708x641px
back when only 4 chapters existed
>>
>>51969651
You seem to have some pretty illogical hatred, but I'd like to hear why?
>>
>>51969666

I see you satan
>>
>>51969694
Not him, but I find the entire bit of Bel is the ONLY UNDIVIDED PRINCE THAT EVER WAS pretty stupid as it goes against Lorgar's fluff hard as the first CSM.
>>
>>51968260
Yeah rubrics are core choice for the formation, but there's ways to make them work, just use the minimum squad size and a rhino. You might also want to eventually get pink horrors as allies to help with your low model count.
>>
>>51969666
>look at this newfag.
In my day there were only two chapters.
>>
>>51969733
Kinda like how people hate Gks for being THE PUREST SPACE MARINES EVAR!!!
>>
>>51969182
Accusing someone of murdering 500+ people seems like overkill if you just want to get them out of the way. The immense number of witnesses also makes that seem unlikely.
>>
>>51969036
I thought it was that old blood hurts young mice and the young blood old mice thing didn't have any real effect
>>
File: 1440739427446.jpg (92KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440739427446.jpg
92KB, 720x720px
>>51969694
It's a mary sue author self-insert. His thing, which in old lore was normal, is now his only thing that only he has and no one else. He literally came out of nowhere and yet instantly became the best to have ever been, the only one to have played and fooled all of the four chaos gods at the same time, and he not only won but keeps being extremely influential and powerful.

Cut to Warhammer fantasy where it was revealed he was Archaon's dad, thus annihilating Archaon's character and purpose even as a story device. Remember when he was the living proof that as bad as Chaos is, at least in Chaos you get high only if you deserve it, and gods only reward those that are willing to risk and give their all, including their lives? Well fuck that! He was just a daddy's boy all along! And got played until the end! Yes, because the whole End Times shit was in Be'lakor's master plan all along and, like EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME, it all went exactly as he wanted and he won everything.

Also he contradicts previous lore without the latter having been retconned by any other source, including the newer one, see Fulgrim and his apparent return. He's just a single shitty writer's pet that got stuck in the lore because there's zero quality check, who not only doesn't add anything to the setting but actively detracts from it.

>>51969751
That doesn't contradict any previous lore and can be justified with propaganda and unreliable narrators.

Be'lakor's circus of bullshit is set in stone to be as objective as possible.

It's a relic of one of the shittiest times in GW history and I so want the new lore to contradict it because he was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>51969745

Back in my day we didn't have chapters, we just had Fred the space marine. And he was your army.
>>
>>51969500
>deathseekers intentionally (or are forced to) kill themselves so their soul will empower their allies

Metal as fuck. I could definitely see dark eldar doing this kind of shit one way or another.
>>
>>51967998
>one blast from a monolith
>>
>>51969751
Not really anything like that.
My point:
>I dislike Be'lakor because he shits on existing "core" fluff.
>I call Lorgar being Undivided core as that's the shtick of the Word Bearers, they worship all of Chaos

Your point:
>Grey Knights are "THE PUREST SPACE MARINES EVAR!!"
>Grey Knights were introduced as Daemonhunters. It would make sense to make your anti-daemon army resistant to daemon temptations.
>If I recall old Daemonhunter fluff they'd carve runes in their own bones that if a Daemon ever took over / they fell. The runes would activate and kill them
>Wardfluff GK: "THE PUREST SPACE MARINES EVAR!!!"
>It doesn't contradict old GK fluff. Just spelt out stupidly.
>>
This is why I can't stand you cunts using unrecognisable OP images for the fucking general.
>>
File: 1375907623868[1].jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1375907623868[1].jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>51969552
I want to build a Crusader but this works too
>>
>>51969751
Stfu Lord Draigo carves primarch hearts as a hobby. Chaos go fuck yourself you will never be this cool.
>>
File: d1634.gif (927KB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
d1634.gif
927KB, 250x158px
>that imperial knight in the dawn of war 3 trailer
I hate the new artstyle but I'll still get the game just to mess around with muhreens. Any other anon buying it on release day too?
>>
>>51969857

As a pre-5th ed GK player, fuck I hate what Ward has done to GKs, and the perception of them.

I miss being just being the super mysterious magic guys in the cool terminator armour that, if you saw, you knew shit had just got Real. Like with the fluff that the =][= would just unperson any guardsmen who so much as knew about the existence of the GKs, and even astartes would get Men In Black mindwiped.
>>
>>51969962
Ward never believed in the show don't tell. He told. And kept telling. Until there was no mystery left.
>>
>>51969952
I'm hoping to get a chance to play the beta but I know I'm buying it anyway to play a bit and wait for the expansion with IG.
>>
>>51968646
>Why didn't GW bring back Lorgar instead of Magnus

Nobody would've bought the thousand sons codex
>>
>>51969952
Im in the beta for it so we'll see what its like.
>>
>>51969952
I'll just wait untill they put Knights into Ultimate Apocalypse :^)
And I really don't like the massively polished look of DoW3, with sparks flying everywhere, jumping Terminators and superspeshul abilities for everyone out the ass.
>>
>>51969430

Night Lords maybe? Take a Murder Talon with Raptor Talons core and Lost and the Damned Aux? The Raptors all have stealth and reroll charges plus you don't HAVE to Deepstrike them, and T1 Night Fighting helps the cultists. If you need ObSec, you can ally in a CAD for some Raptor Troops and a Sorcerer or something, or even just run a CAD with a ton of Raptors and just take LatD as a solo formation. You could also run a Hellcult and go for the Hellbrute cusltist spam.
>>
>>51969362
I'm not sure which is worse, the FAQ about the ork with redundant FnP or the Alpha Legion one.
>>
>>51970039
Really fired up!
>>
>>51968810
>>51968769

Hey, this isnt an Infinity thread you perverts. Knock it off.
>>
File: 232229xpavpxan4xcpy3ac.jpg (189KB, 1100x1384px) Image search: [Google]
232229xpavpxan4xcpy3ac.jpg
189KB, 1100x1384px
>>51969552
My mobile suit is Z'gok, he is best mobile suit.
>>
>>51969586
Eldar knights were introduced in White Dwarf in 1990, I believe.
>>
>>51970031
I'm sorry, its been a long time since I've really played. I don't understand the abbreviations you use.
>>
Good news
>orks getting a new competitive formation

Bad news
>It's actually a tau/ork combined formation. Tau Combined Expeditionary Force will be forming the fourth mega faction. Orks among other races are hired as mercenaries.

Badder news
>kroot still get nothing despite a force themed around tau auxiliaries.

Baddest news
>you can take the formation without orks, but you can't take it without tau.
>>
>>51967477
Brother im going to miss you now that you are gone, a piece of me has died........but i get a bitching engine of destruction so it hurts less with each mon keigh we blast into non existence with our heavy d cannons and scatter lasers.
>>
>political statement
>>
>>51970108
I concur
>>
>>51969451

Deathscythe's Knight homeworld would be so fucking gothic that the emperor himself would cry tears in joy.
>>
>>51969962
did they mind wipe captains? regular marines and sarges i could believe but everyone above that has probably come in contact with the horrors of the universe
>>
>>51970255

I'd be more inclined to believe Tau/Necrons, but I guess this would grab more (You)s.
>>
File: True Imperial Guard.jpg (437KB, 900x1635px) Image search: [Google]
True Imperial Guard.jpg
437KB, 900x1635px
Are there any glaring flaws in this list?
>>
>>51970465
Yeah, it doesn't have Magnus.
>>
>>51970376
>Ultramarines are the scapegoats for when Grey Knights have to get into the fray
>That's why they're everywhere in the galaxy
>They always get mindwiped though
>Only the Inquisition and Calgar know
>Headline of today: Ultramarines save everyone!
>On Macragge, Marneus Calgar silently weeps
>>
File: igtechnical.jpg (302KB, 1322x573px) Image search: [Google]
igtechnical.jpg
302KB, 1322x573px
I want to make an ISIS themed IG army, but I haven't been into 40k in about 12 years.

Tell me, is there anything I can use for suicide bombers and VBIEDs?
>>
>>51970380
Tau/Ork/Necrons Triumvirate:
>Farsight is the centerpiece
>Szarekh, the Silent King
>Ork Wierdboy (OC)

Remember each Triumvirate box has had a Psyker so far. And Tau and Necrons don't have them... so will naturally fill that slot.
>>
>>51970511
The Imperial Cult is a religion of peace.
>>
>>51970538
I can't see tau and necrons working together in the long term.
>>
>>51970538
>Farsight the centerpiece
>when the Silent King is in the house
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51970556
Silent King has a hard-on hatred for the Tyranids. And Tau are in the way of the Tyranid invasion.

Going to be an enemy of my enemy kind of deal. Orks are coming because they saw the aftermath of Octarius Sector and looking to find their own Hive Fleet for a proper fight. They (of course) get overwhelmed

Silent King saves them and brings them all to a meeting to join forces.
>>
>>51969584
Oh dear, you don't understand that deamon princes can't be undivided anymore? Oh dear, sorry, I thought I was conversing with someone who knew the fluff.
>>
>>51970633
Why would he bring the Orks along though? Necrons fought Krorks back in the day. I'd rather have him use an army of mindshackle scarabs on them.
>>
>>51970633
Silent King would use them as meatshields and then leave. He may hate nids but he's got an agenda.
>>
>>51970675
Takes a biological weapon to fight a biological weapon.

A fight fire with fire kind of mentality. He's seen what they can do.
>>
File: Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg (329KB, 900x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg
329KB, 900x1408px
What do y'all think about my fleshy men + metal men list?
>>
>>51970694
Oh this is just the excuse to get the Xeno Alliance formed. Prepare for fluff butchery in 8e to why they stay working together.
>>
>>51966691
Is that an image from the Sino-Russian War?
>>
>>51970675
Maybe he raids Trazyns vault and finds some old one doodad that lets him exert some minor control over the orks.
>>
>>51970376

The 3rd ed Daemonhunter codex specified only a few chapter masters know of the GKs outside of the High Lords and the =][=.
>>
>>51970765
So, mindshackle scarabs? I assume he has those already.

But maybe he just wants an honest alliance with them for, you know, Lychguards in 'Nauts
>>
>>51970252

>CAD = combined arms detachment
This is your basic 2 troop and 1 hq. The benefit here is your troop choices have ObSec

>ObSec = Objective Secured
All units can hold objectives, but only units with ObSec can contest other units with ObSec. That means if you have a troop on a point, they have to kill it or have another troop to get you off of it.

>LatD = Lost and the Damned
It's a cultist formation in Traitor Legions where they respawn on a 4+

Check out the Traitor Legions book if you haven't yet.
>>
>>51970511
It's called genestealer cults.

Literally the terrorist army.
>>
>>51970814

Alright thanks.
>>
File: 1486538294979.gif (927KB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
1486538294979.gif
927KB, 240x192px
>>51968947
Underrated post.
>>
A proper Duncan.

All is right again.
>>
>>51970935
No way, Based Duncan is no longer in our blessed land
>>
A friend of mine told me that Troop units have Objective Secured regardless of what kind of formation you bring them in, is that true?
>>
>>51970970
No, the detachment or formation has to specifically state that it gives ObjSec.
>>
>>51970834

If Genestealers can steal themselves Sentinels, Chimeras, and Leman Russ, it's likely they can get some Tauros to serve as Technicals. Honestly, if they got a Technical kit of their own it would be perfect, but currently the Goliath serves the Light Vehicle role well enough that they don't really need it unless they want something fast, but with all that infiltrating they don't exactly need speed.
>>
>>51969564
>implying binding protein 2 isnt more relevant to neural tissue
step it up sempai
>>51969574
They are released vis transports, but they defuse across the synapse
>>
>>51971013
You can happly model a Goliath as a technical, its literally an up-armored truck with a heavy gun
>>
>>51970935
Stopped caring about Duncan when he tried to become the meme.
>>
>>51970752
Mega factions are a mistake.
>>
>>51971196
I think it adds a thin layer of authenticity
>>
>>51970803
YOU CAN'T SOLVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WITH MINDSHACKLE SCARABS!
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgGVSdR8wc

It may look good but the game still looks like a bad starcraft 2 mod
>>
>>51971013
The four armed emperor will rise, inshallah.
>>
>>51971270
MINDSHACKLE SCARABS ALL DAY ERRY DAY

I think they would be a nice and fluffy way to ally imperial factions, orks and tau with necrons, if one wanted to. I'd kinda like to add orks to my (future) necron army, but neither do I know what I could use them for, nor do I have the time to build them properly.
>>
File: MaynarkhNecronOverlord.jpg (104KB, 612x856px) Image search: [Google]
MaynarkhNecronOverlord.jpg
104KB, 612x856px
>>51971306

saw this earlier, they inadvertently confirmed that Necrons are the 4th race, and is the She-bitch dynasty
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 451x600px
Why does he wear so much makeup?
>>
>2017
>No option for an all-grot ork army
games workshop tries to justify orks being garbage by claiming that they're "fun" but I'm not having fun at all
>>
>>51971196
???
>>
>>51971306

I would love to build a Starfort or Cage World board for regular 40k games. Cage Would would be great since you just get a whole lot of space cubes to make walkways and stuff. Starfort you can just not build sections of the board and lay it over a space-field map so it shows unbuilt sections.
>>
>>51971386

he needs to look FABULOUS to piss off Fulgrim
>>
>>51971386
Gotta look pretty and hide 10.000 years, right darling?
>>
>>51971386
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8qBUza1pO0

Official Gulliman theme tune.
>>
So if this is the second great crusade, when was the first one?

Was it the one that imperial guard postman led?
>>
>>51971585
Send this unenlightened heretic to the Commissariat.
>>
>>51971585

Postman?
>>
I think I just accidentally found Ccon. He's good, right?
>>
>>51971617

Um, I can't remember his name? Lord Solar Mariachiband or something.

You know, the guy who dresses like a postman? Used to be a guard HQ?
>>
>>51971635
>Macharius dresses like a postman
Have you even seen his model? What postal service on Earth ever dressed like that?
>>
File: Solar Macharius.jpg (160KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Solar Macharius.jpg
160KB, 900x900px
>>51971635
Lord Solar Macharius looks like a postal worker to you?
>>
>>51971645
>What postal service on Earth ever dressed like that?
The one with the Imperial Palace on his route, of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 942x1416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 942x1416px
>>51971645
>>51971661

Yeah, Macharius, that's the guy!
>>
>>51971661

GS2 Macharius is back as celestine gets healed by Yvraine on earth
>>
>>51970538
Naw, dude. Mars is gonna get it's shit kicked in and we're going to see the C'tan shard of the Void Dragon.
>>
>>51971661

Macharius needs a new model.

Forge World, please.
>>
>>51971723

I'd love a void dragon, silent King, Cryptek OC triumvirate.
>>
>>51971685

>A postman who looks exactly like Lord Solar Macharius

Welp.
>>
>>51971685
You forgot to add peace be upon him.
>>
>>51971726

only when he returns as royally pissed off Living saint
>>
>>51971770

We already have two living Saint models.

Celestine, and Logan Grimnar who is St Nicholas.
>>
>>51971661
>he doesn't have his overdue bills delivered by a glorious golden saint.
>>
>>51965835
Is it possible for vehicles with smoke launchers to take two sets if it listed in the upgrades list?
>>
>>51971685

So this is how British postmen dress?
>>
>>51971380
That is the dynasty that truly Killed a Star God right? Not just chopped it up into Pokeballs but utterly destroyed it.
>>
>>51971922
No wonder GW charges an arm and a leg for basic delivery.
>>
So in a campaign where units are generated randomly and don't need upgrade costs paid, should I take a Demolition cache on my Goliath trucks?

Sure it's an extra weapon, but I'll hardly get opportunities to use it and it makes pen results worse.
>>
>>51971922
These days you can only identify a British postman by his bag and the red van he drives and his absolutely pants-shittingly balls-to-the-wall driver's aggression

t. Britbong
>>
>>51970465
Much better balanced than last time, anon. Your lascannons provide a decent alternative AA to pask when nessesary, plenty of anti-tank, plenty of anti-infantry. I'd say you're good to go.
>>
2K List I added up; seems like it'd be fun, if not insane. I'm not a fan of super armored lists, but the fact that Lascannons and such are only really available vehicles kind of forces my hand. I think this plays ok, though.

Deathwatch Strike Force

HQ: Deathwatch Captain w/ Xenophase Blade, Grav Pistol, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, and The Tome Of Ectoclades 190pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist and Combi Flamer; 2 Heavy Bolters 275pt

Transport: Razorback w/ TL Lascannon and Extra Armor 80pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist and Combi Plasma; Blackshield w/ a Powerfist and Storm Shield, 2 Frag Cannons, and 2 Shotguns 350pt

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ Infernium Halo Launcher, Extra Armor, and Hurricane Bolters 205pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Xenophase Blade and Melta Bombs; 4 Shotguns, and 2 Infernus Heavy Bolters 280pt

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ TL Lascannon, Infernium Halo Launcher, Auspex Array, Extra Armor, and Hurricane Bolters 215pt

Elites: Venerable Dreadnought w/ Extra Armor 145pt

Heavy Support: Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi Melta and Extra Armor 265pt

>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 850x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 850x636px
>>51971922

More like this actually.
>>
>>51971948

Yep, said dynasty who killed the flayer C'tan and cucked up the galaxy with RAEG on his last breath, making everyone pretty much pissed off which each other

also he cursed the necrons with the flayer curse

also Said dynasty who had an Cryptek who wanted to Undo Creation, until everyone stopped him
>>
>>51971795
Kek
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxj3XE5lELc

Historic footage of the unveiling of the Lord Solar Macharius memorial statue.
>>
White Dwarf February scans when?
I need that power weapon painting guide in there.
>>
>>51972067
>cursed the galaxy with rage
>night bringer brought fear of death to everyone
>pariah gene to make nulls

the necrons have been busier then i thought. though it is odd since fear and rage are normal emotions
>>
>>51972114
That was such a bizarre movie. How does a postman turn the world from a wasteland into a functioning modern society in a few years? Maybe I'm missing something important. I was pretty yyoung when I watched it.
>>
>>51971306
The solve value of this game will be for the assets to be ripped for use in tabletop simulator.
>>
>>51972182
>what are mods
>>
>>51972173

By delivering the mail.
>>
>>51972245
i would say society wouldn't brake down over the mail but it's a very vital thing and i track the hell out of my packages
>>
>>51972236
But it doesn't even look like it'll be a good platform for modding and decent mods take several months to develop.

This games major contribution to online 40k will be it's graphics assets.
>>
>>51972173
Classic 'give' people hope and they can do wonderful things.
>like stop eating people
>>
>>51971661
Where I come from, the post is serious fucking business.
>>
File: 1449602939803.jpg (89KB, 698x840px) Image search: [Google]
1449602939803.jpg
89KB, 698x840px
>>51972272
>it doesn't even look like it'll be a good platform for modding
Why?

>This games major contribution to grognard 40k will be it's graphics assets
FTFY.
>implying it won't be a super popular MLG MOBA-lite for a few years a la Starcraft
>implying it won't be responsible for a massive influx of /v/idiots and the MOBA crowd both here on /tg/ and in the tabletop scene
Boy I sure can hardly wait
>>
Should I but Gulliman just to convert him to a daemon prince?

If so, which legion/warband/god?
>>
>>51972364
Thousand Sons
Tzeentch
>>
>>51972364
lorgar, word bearers
>>
>>51972400
>implying Lorgar will ever be as buff as literally-robot Girlyman
For someone so obsessed with the truth you sure do spout a lot of lies.
>>
>>51972364
Iron Warriors.
>>
>>51972013

as I was accidentally asking in the wrong thread: out of the units that can be in a Castellans of the Imperium detachment, which is the best unit to attach Inquisitor Coteaz to on the battlefield?

AM infantry blob? Space marine centurions? Something else?
>>
File: images (6).jpg (32KB, 519x283px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
32KB, 519x283px
How/when did you get into the hobby?

>early 2000's
>being 14 yo
>my friends are all getting lord of the rings box set (before the war of the ring)
>make my mum buy me one because I'm 14
>my models look like a 14 year old painted them
>my friend who started the trend is talking about some other game with chainsaw swords or something
>pfft that sounds stupid, lotr is much cooler
>play a couple of games and then forget about it completely.

>years later
>waiting at a lan cafe for my friends who are running late
>they have pic related on their computers
>give it a try while I wait
>actually seems interesting
>get the game and play it all at home
>start reading lore
>remember lotr, want to try the game out
>end up buying a dark vengeance box
And the rest is history. At least my modelling is better. Now my models look like they were painted by at least a sixteen year old.
>>
>>51970735
Warconvo ask for a skitarii battle maniple
>>
>>51972326
It won't be any of those things, there's basically zero hype associated with it outside of existing 40k DoW fans and the MOBA market is full of better competitors.
>>
>>51972604
/v/ will still latch onto it just like it latched on to Space Marine and DoW2.
>>
>>51972514
>>
So I'm fairly new, recently bought a skitarii start collecting and have been wondering about how to run my infantry.
Would it be advisable to run a squad of 5 rangers with 4x galvanic and an arquebus as well as a squad of 5 vanguards with arc weapons?
I figure this way I can easily upgrade to 10 man squads with another box and expand the weaponry, seeing as how the start collecting only contains one of each special weapon.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1500pts.jpg (248KB, 900x897px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1500pts.jpg
248KB, 900x897px
can this be played casually? or is it a weak army? im not experienced (never played daemons).
>>
>>51972679
I wouldn't bother with an arquebus unless you're getting it for free.
>>
File: tmp_4963-1487506097835562196745.jpg (59KB, 720x634px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4963-1487506097835562196745.jpg
59KB, 720x634px
>>51972576
>be younger
>listen to Debauchery
>fuckyeahdeathmetal.mp3
>the fuck is this bloodgod they're singing about?
>google it

And that's how I became a Necronfag.
>>
>>51972743
Pink horrors are ridiculous now. I think the army could be casual, but the horrors are just so damn good.

Those alone elevate it to a place that's strong.
>>
>>51972772
damn, there was that grind or maybe metal band from '84 who's cover was literally a "screenshot" from Rogue Trader cover. Anyone knows it?
>>
>>51972754
Alright, shall I just go all in on vanguards then?
>>
>>51972821
oh, didn't know theyre that strong, I intended to use them "just" as warp charge batteries. If theyre so strong and I have two troops of them with that sweet spot of 11 models, is this list already tendency towards the power lists? I intended the list to be a fluffy mini-representation of the great game of chaos
>>
>>51972879
rangers are fine, I just wouldn't bother with specials outside of arc rifles on them.
>>
>>51972871
You mean Boltthrower? They played a lot of music about whfb and 40k, like "Worldeater" and "Warmaster". But they don't play anymore.
>>
>>51972890
It's nowhere close to power list. Those horrors are very, very good, but things are generally spread around fine. It looks really fun.
>>
>>51972917
thanks for the answers
>>
>>51972576
My boyfriend's middle-aged dad had an Ork army.
I assumed he was into it too so I learned and bought some Tau models and Dawn of War so we could play or paint or whatever together.
Turns out he didn't even like it and only his dad played, and years after we had broken up I learned his parents were abusive and had kicked him out of the house. He ended up doing drugs and living with his grandfather. No clue where he is now.
>>
>>51972968
damn

now thats quite an entry into a hobby
>>
>>51968947
This sums up TG and recasting perfectly.
>>
>>51973038
Should have said TG with recasting
>>
>>51972743
Diversity, brother!
Looks fine, you're missing the biggest nastiest monsters but you've got good stuff.

>>51972821
Depends if he's using the new rules/has the models.
We just agree to Ignore it and use the codex rules.
>>
Is giving the impossible robe to a daemon prince I intend to have as a melee man be a good idea?
>>
>>51972576
Nothing special. Last year I was on a Sabaton kick and a imperial guard battle report came up in my recommended videos. I was sort of familiar with 40k (I knew it was super expensive and it was all set in an 80s metal album cover) so I looked a bit further into it and the guard with all their heroic last stands and desperate siege defences had me hooked. Fast forward to now and I've spent over a thousand dollars on little men and plastic tanks
>>
File: 1485997060077.jpg (28KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1485997060077.jpg
28KB, 350x335px
>>51968947
>My sides
>>
>>51966201

ROBOUTED
REARMED
RECHARGED
REBUILT
RESURRECTED

"I said my gladius was an instrument of justice. Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now... Now I'm not so sure. And besides, this isn't my gladius."
>>
>>51973126
It's always a good idea to give your big monsters amazing saves.
>>
>>51972576
>be in 8th grade
>randomly find firewarrior book (possibly a present? i can't remember)
>be reading it and get into a chance conversation with my future best friend in band class
>get introduced to the tabletop
>pick up death guard in 3.5
>get away from the game
>expand to daemons in 5th after the chaos break up

now i do daemons and eldar, been playing 12 years or so.
>>
>>51973126
Give him a robe, a staff of change, and hope for Warp speed from Biomancy to get your 11 S8 Ap2 I9 attacks
>>
New thread where?

Please m'lord, I'm but a simple phone poster.
>>
>>51973192
A staff of change? Is that a hellforged artefact? (Sorry I recently switched over to Daemons from Admech, I'm not as familiar with the codex as I'd like to be.)
>>
I got a couple questions, what did the people of Prospero look like? Were they all red like magnus? Are any alive outside of the thousand sons sorcerers?
>>
File: 1373764146088.jpg (60KB, 680x410px) Image search: [Google]
1373764146088.jpg
60KB, 680x410px
>>51973203
>phoneposter is a pretty cool guy and not a cunt
I did it for (You)

>>51973222
>>51973222
>>51973222
>>
>>51973203

And? Phone posters can, too

>>51973251
>>
>>51973264
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>51973217

It's a greater reward exchange.
>>
>>51973272

Eh, I was beaten to it. I tried at least.
>>
>>51973264
quick, we need a 3rd new general
>>
>>51972576
>2011, 14 years old
>Hear about 40k on the internet
>Get really into lore, decide to start salamanders army
>buy a dread, tac marines and assault terminators
>model them all, only paint a few tacs and a terminator fully
>depression gets worse
>give up

>5 years later me and a college friend get back into 40k
>decide on thousand sons
>TL/WoM comes out
>hell yes
>buy rubric marines, rhino, wrath of magnus and CSM codex
>rubric marines a shit
>decide on Alpha Legion instead
>painting them in 30k colors
>>
File: BOB.jpg (80KB, 445x337px) Image search: [Google]
BOB.jpg
80KB, 445x337px
>>51973166
IT'S TIME FOR BOB, TO LET HER RIP
>>
>>51968515
Is it a safe guess he syarted with Dark Vengeance and just wanted to bolt more on?
That said, the bikes and captain are missing for that.
>>
File: 1483229861040.jpg (119KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1483229861040.jpg
119KB, 888x693px
>>51972576
>Somehow come to own Dawn of War game
>Play it and being an edgy teenager I loved it despite not knowing anything about it
>Years later find it on steam and decide to play it again
>Decide I want to read up on the lore so I know what the hells happening
>Find out 40k has really cool models that I want to spend my hard earned shekels on
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.