[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 468
Thread images: 55

File: 40kgeneral8.jpg (170KB, 601x499px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral8.jpg
170KB, 601x499px
More than just gangers in Necromunda edition

Previous gangers >>51956191

>DUNCAN RETURNS SOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebU1zTFh7AE [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Tell me about the Tau /tg/
>>
Second for making the Sisters of Battle lewd
>>
File: 1483630427949.png (3MB, 1032x1637px) Image search: [Google]
1483630427949.png
3MB, 1032x1637px
3rd for Magnus did nothing wrong and deserves better rules for his rubrics
>>
File: Endangered Species - 1850pts.jpg (266KB, 900x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Endangered Species - 1850pts.jpg
266KB, 900x1164px
>>51961752
Rate my fluffy Space Wolves list
>>
File: 20170301_000654.jpg (178KB, 944x603px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_000654.jpg
178KB, 944x603px
Thanks again for the help identifying minis in the last thread.

Here's a (mostly) full image of what I picked up.

I've only painted plastic before, is there anything I'll need to do different or should know before I paint metal?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (337KB, 900x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
337KB, 900x1265px
How's this look?

I threw this together based on what I need to assemble yet. The lord and non-termie sorcerer go into the claw with the chosen, and the combi-plasmas and termie sorcerer start on the table. The PA sorcerer will roll Telepathy for Shriek while hoping for invisibility and the Terminator will likely be rolling on Geomortis/Ectomancy for support.
>>
>>51961796
Not really. You may find it helpful to apply a varnish once you're done, in case you don't already do that with your plastics, It goes a ways towards preventing paint from chipping.
>>
>nobody posts in the old thread when it's still near the bottom
>suddenly a barrage of "nth for" post spam

Truly you are all faggots and generals are cancer. Can there ever be any doubt?
>>
>>51961796
They're a huge pain
The paint will chip off and possibly even get a different finish.
>>
File: 1484981706019.png (2MB, 3767x2580px) Image search: [Google]
1484981706019.png
2MB, 3767x2580px
>>51961766
What is it about the Tau that pisses everyone off so much? I've been looking into possibly getting into 40k for awhile now and half the people I talk to give me dirty looks because I want to play Tau. I like the whole "we are in way the fuck over our heads" vibe their fledgling empire has, and I can play an entire army of badass mechsuits if I build them as an army.

Can you veteran 40k players explain this phenomenon to me?
>>
>>51961792
My gf saw this list and loved it. We played kill team together and she maxed out how many wolves she could take. She loves them.
>>
>>51961815
Shitposters shitposting, and weebs in denial, is half of it.

The other half is that Tau have some fucking obscene rules and as such naturally attract the very worst of WAACs. It doesn't have to be that way with your list, but until you can prove otherwise (which really depends on how indoctrinated your opponent is to Tau hate) then you're guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>51961834

He's already said he's going full mech. I highly doubt it's all stealth suits so no matter what he picks, XV8, XV88, Riptides, Ghostkeels, Stormsurges, it's going to be bullshit.
>>
>>51961834

Considering he said
>I can play an entire army of badass mechsuits if I build them as an army

I think it's too late
>>
>>51961815
because they are super competitive right now and people loose to tau due to shit lists, don't let anyone stop you from playing anon, you deserve to be happy
>>
>>51961842
>implying Crisis, Ghostkeels and to a lesser extent Broadsides are bullshit in today's meta
This is a prime example of a Tau hater.
>>
>>51961860
>thinks they aren't

Prime example of why everyone hates Taufags.
>>
>>51961815
I don't get why people hate them from a lorewise perspective. Something to do with a tau commander killing an apothecary in one of the books or something.

But ruleswise. They are spastically overpowered. Pretty much the epitome of min max. And they require no brains to play. I can tell you as I regretfully picked up Tau for my first army, they are just no fun. Just stand at maximum range and shoot. Ignore people's cover saves. Use markerlights so you always hit what you want. Literally all you have left to do as a player is choose which enemy to kill first. They are OP and boring.
>>
>>51961860
Broadsides are the weakest of those three, dipshit. And they're still insane with HYMP. 100+ missiles a turn? Yeah that's garbage!
>>
>>51961870
>Something to do with a tau commander killing an apothecary in one of the books or something.
>doesn't even know his own lore
>or is pretending not to in order to lessen the faggotry of it

This is another reason why people hate Taufags.
>>
>>51961866
>I don't actually play games
Crisis are fine by today's standards. If they're so fucking good, why do WAAC Tau lists only look at them because a single Farsight suit is 23 points and thus the cheapest Troops option to fill out a CAD for bullshit FW units?

>Ghostkeel
It's fair, except in the retarded OSC, which should be removed because its rules are poor game design.

>Broadsides
Missilesides are great as a unit, but the rest of the codex has kind of outgrown them, especially with the introduction of the Stormsurge. Unless spammed, they are fine. As for Railsides, they have never been bullshit.
>>
>>51961860
>crisis not being bullshit
Here you go, just take as many melta guns as you want. Oh you want melta AND plasma? And you want to fire them both at the same time? Sure here you go. Oh you want to be able to hit air units and deep striking units? I don't see why not. I guess we should balance all this out by making you really shit at melee LOLNO here have T4, 2 wounds, 3+ armor and fusion blades.
>>
>>51961853
As long as he enjoys playing alone

Also
>loose

>>51961860
This is a prime example of a tau sympathizer.

People don't hate eldar because at least they don't pretend to not be bullshit. Tau players are insufferable because they're in denial and will fight tooth and nail to try and convince the world that they're not a bullshit army.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1040pts.jpg (193KB, 900x834px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1040pts.jpg
193KB, 900x834px
I'm thinking of adding a raptor talon to this, whats the best way to load out raptors? 2 meltas per squad? What about the lord?

Is it worth deep striking them for the disordered charge or just running them on as world eaters?
>>
>>51961887
>why do WAAC Tau lists only look at them because a single Farsight suit is 23 points and thus the cheapest Troops option to fill out a CAD for bullshit FW units?

Are you retarded? Because there are even more OP units. You literally asked "why do people who only take the most OP units not take this slightly less OP unit?"

If you think XV8 troops are garbage, you're a shit player and don't even deserve posting rights to discuss gameplay. End of story.

>Ghostkeel is fair
>IF YOU PUT ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND HOW YOU TAKE IT

>Broadsides aren't OP
>IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE MISSILES

How about you try making an argument without using big fat if's you dumb faggot. Because you can't.
>>
>>51961890

Don't forget they're objective secured and can be taken in squads of 1 after the first 3, in the era of infinite CADs. You can literally have 15+ squads of single objsec XV8 suits.
>>
>>51961885
I don't play Tau anymore idiot. I only played a few games with them why would I go out and read every single expansion that comes out? I can tell I struck a nerve with that apothecary thing though. That's okay, I like it when space marines die no matter who does the killing because it always makes marine fags cry.
>>
This thread is proof of why people hate Tau. Because all Tau players instantly become faggots as soon as they play them, as evidenced by >>51961919
>>51961887
>>51961870
>>51961860

Either that or only faggots play Tau to begin with. Pick your poison.
>>
>>51961890
>implying oyu can take all of those things on a single squad of suits, let alone a single suit
Even if you could, it would be overcosted as shit. Fuck outta here with this shit meme.

>>51961891
>Tau players are insufferable because they're in denial and will fight tooth and nail to try and convince the world that they're not a bullshit army
I literally said Tau were a bullshit army, which is why WAACs play them you dumb cunt. However, it's not all broken, and you have to be truly stupid to label it all broken because "HURRR TAU"

>>51961909
>If you think XV8 troops are garbage
When did I say this faggot? They're good but they aren't the best in the codex.

>Ghostkeel is fair
>IF YOU PUT ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS ON IT AND HOW YOU TAKE IT
You literally just don't take the bullshit formation, how is this hard to understand?

>Broadsides aren't OP
>IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE MISSILES
Even with the missiles they're a boring gunline unit and you're a faggot for using them not because they're broken top cheese but because gunlines are cancer.
>>
Another thread ruined by first post being Tau shitpost and then Tau shitters coming out of the woodwork. Thanks Tau. Thanks Taufags. Thanks GW. Thanks Obama.

If assault and battery weren't misdemeanors I'd just beat the shit out of any Tau players I met in real life. Some people might say "lol what a fucking faggot resorting to violence/pretending to be an internet badass" but that's literally what these faggots deserve for how much shit they stir up on this board. You can't tell me you wouldn't want to sock someone as obnoxious and stupid as these fucks in the face. They're like SJWs and liberals.
>>
>>51961939
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51961933
You can take all of those things one a single squad of suits. Well I'm not sure about the fusion blades, I haven't looked into farsight shit too much. But you can definitely get all the other stuff. Do you want me to show you the codex?

I wish Tau players would just fucking realize how good they have it. Crisis are still one of the top units in the game.
>>
>>51961815
The main reason is they're overpowered right now. But don't worry about that, pick the army you like the best or else you're fucking yourself over.

Just try to be reasonable with your lists, you don't want to ruin everyone else's fun
>>
>>51961815

This:

>>51961933
>>51961919

I mean just look at him.
>>
>>51961908

Generally, yea, Double melta is the way to go, and the bits are cheap enough on ebay for more guns. Talons usually also go 2 melta squads and a Talon squad. As for the lord, you could kit him with a killy relic or fist/claw or something and stick him with something on the table to help you get that double charge bonus.
>>
Shit that gets you really angry for barely any reason. I'll start

>Unpainted Guardsmen
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>YOU STOLE HIM 5000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY TO FIGHT A WAR HE BARELY UNDERSTANDS
>HE WAS PROBABLY A NICE FARMER UP UNTIL NOW
>AT LEAST GIVE THE POOR BASTARD A FUCKING PAINTJOB
>>
>>51961919
Hey look it's that one Taufag who calls everyone who disagrees with him (literally everyone) a space marinefag
>>
>>51961939
Bitch you push plastic soldiers around for a hobby you aren't going to beat the shit out of anyone. Go back to your hole.
>>
>>51961953
>I have never read the codex
Crisis suits have three hardpoints. That's enough for two guns or one twin-linked one, then a third gun or a single support system.

Let's see how many hardpoints a squad of three suits would take up if they took everything on your list.

>fusion and plasma
2 points
>Skyfire
+1
>Interceptor
+1
Four slots. By the way, EACH SUIT with this shitty loadout would cost 73 points, assuming you take Farsight. It's fucking shit.

>Fusion Blades
Yeah you've never read the codex. Fusion Blades are a relic, only a Commander or single Shas'ui can take them, and they're also 50 fucking points.
>>
> People arguing about Tau
> Thread goes to shit

Let's talk about something else, like Orks
>>
>>51961991

You know a lot of military people play 40k right? But they're the least likely to attack civilians because military court is way harsher in sentencing.
>>
>>51961993
Take half of them with skyfire, and half with interceptor. Jesus fucking christ how much plasma do you need to put into the fucking air? You taufags will never be happy until you have a gun that says "you instantly win the game" will you?
>>
>>51961999
>I2
>>
>>51961993
>three guns per suit
>thinks that's not ridiculous
>>
>>51961999
What's the appropriate cup size for a Sister of Battle?
>>
>>51961999

I'm still looking for an opinion here >>51961803

That's different I guess.
>>
>>51962006
You know military people don't come to a chinese basket weaving forum and talk about how they're going to beat everyone up right. Sit down and shut up you little faggot you're not in the goddamn military and you're not going to bash anyone. You're probably the kind of person who wouldn't even fight in self defense.
>>
>>51961993

You don't even need to use hardpoints just put a buffmander with them. Learn to play Tau before lecturing people.
>>
>>51962025
>You know military people don't come to a chinese basket weaving forum and talk about how they're going to beat everyone up right.

Isn't that like 75% of /k/ though?

>Sit down and shut up you little faggot you're not in the goddamn military and you're not going to bash anyone

I never said I was, and that wasn't me. The fuck is wrong with you, you're even worse than the person you're crying about you sperg.

>yfw I actually was in the military too, it's not that special
>>
>>51962025
Projecting much? You're getting awful mad for someone who supposedly isn't a pathetic faggot. Supposedly.

Oh shit, he's a Tau player isn't he? AHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>51962036
The military is a real joke. I was in worse shape when I left than when I went in.
>>
I want to get into the wargame. I know a bit about 40k, and probably want to start Marines because I heard that they're good all around. Had some experience with small-scale skirmish games but never wargames.

Any advice? I want to have an all-around good adaptable army that's not locked into a particular style. What should I get first?
>>
>>51962010
>Take half of them with skyfire, and half with interceptor
It's a squad of three, numbnuts. Even if you cut out the Skyfire and Interceptor upgrades, each suit is 53 points for a T4 W2 3+ save platform that only has JSJ as its means of survival.

A three-man Crisis squad with two Skyfire and one Interceptor costs 204 points and jumps around with three meltaguns and three plasma guns. That's pretty reasonable. For the same price you can take a Riptide with some gear. Why would a WAAC ever pick Crisis?

>>51962015
>implying just having shittons of guns means anything
Ork player detected.

>>51962027
Buffmander is fucking cancer, and also has no bearing on Crisis suits in a vacuum, which is what we're discussing.
>>
>>51961984
Blood angels and Imperial Fists. Harshe colors like that get hard to look at after a while, and they're ALL painted that way
>>
>>51962053
>I'm a shitbag and it's the military's fault

K
>>
>>51962045
Oh sorry sir don't hurt me I forgot you're a tough guy who beats everyone up!

But seriously do you realize how pathetic it sounds for you or whoever to come onto an anonymous forum and start talking tough?
>>
File: 266787_md-[1].jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
266787_md-[1].jpg
42KB, 800x600px
>>51961999
>>51962011

> Orks win a game
They win

> Orks lose a game
They died fighting so it doesn't count

> Orks run away
They get to fight tomorrow

Orks literally win every battle they fight. They love war because it makes them happy and they just want to spread that cheer to every other race in the galaxy.

> yfw you realize that Orks are unironically the only good guys in the 40K universe
>>
>>51962061
>each suit is 53 points for a T4 W2 3+ save platform that only has JSJ as its means of survival.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

TAUFAGS EVERYONE

LET'S GIVE THEM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE

"ONLY" JSJ

"ONLY" W2

"ONLY" THREE SPECIALS PER MODEL

"ONLY" MELTA ON EVERY SQUAD MEMBER
>>
>>51962063
Well yes, if their job is to turn shitbags into soldiers.
I'm talking about the Finnish military though, so don't get your trump-pattern American socks in a twist.
>>
>>51962061
>Buffmander is fucking cancer, and also has no bearing on Crisis suits in a vacuum, which is what we're discussing.

Buffmander is a Crisis Suit too you dumbass how are you this bad at your own faction.

>>51962068

Good thing he inb4'd it huh?
>>
>>51962077
>my country and its military is shit therefore all countries are just as shit

K

You know you euroshits sure are self-centered and whiny faggots for people who try finger point at America
>>
>>51962073
>dies to a single krak missile
>implying JSJ is a miracle cure
>implying W2 means anything when your unit size is like 1-3 models
>implying special weapon squads don't exist in other books
Bet you've never played 30k, huh.

>>51962078
>Buffmander is a Crisis Suit too
Nice try, but we're talking about the unit named Crisis Battlesuits, not other units in the codex that happen to wear them.
>>
>>51962061
>it's a squad of three
YOU CAN GET ELEVEN IN A SQUAD
read your own codex fucking hell.

Actually no, go read someone else's codex and compare it to your own and realize how good you fuckers have it.

>costs 204 points
>that's pretty reasonable
I am dying. Show me a similiar costed unit from another army that can do all that. And the fact that you ACKNOWLEDGE that there's even more powerful options just makes it worse. Even your middle of the road options kicks people's teeth in.
>>
File: 120 degrees of feels.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
120 degrees of feels.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
>tfw still no anvil industries robe torsos in stock
>>
>>51962060

Buy the Star Collecting box for Space Marines and some paint.

Play a few low level games until you get a hang of things and can tell which direction you want to go in (mech, flyers, scouts, etc). You won't know what to get until you know what your playstyle is (turtle up, deepstriking like crazy, scouting/infiltrating, rolling thunder with tanks, whatever).

No matter what the armored assault boxes (either with a Rhino or a Drop Pod) are solid buys since no matter what you'll need Rhinos and Drop Pods.

Also, don't forget the most important rule of 40k:

> have fun
>>
>>51962077
>some faggot ass conscript shitbag is trying to talk shit about volunteer service members
>>
>>51962093
>>51962061
>9 in a squad
is what I meant
>>
>>51962060
Bumping the question.
>>
File: 2011-05-23-Dakkaface.jpg (2MB, 980x9128px) Image search: [Google]
2011-05-23-Dakkaface.jpg
2MB, 980x9128px
>>51961999
orks are fun
>>
>>51961939
This is the most triggered snowflake I've ever seen on here.
>>
>>51962093
>YOU CAN GET ELEVEN IN A SQUAD
Literally nobody does this, Farsightbomb is shit.

>Show me a similiar costed unit from another army that can do all that
Space Marine Command Squad with 5 special weapons in a drop pod.
>t-they don't JSJ!
Command Squads don't need to.
>Muh Skyfire??? Muh Interceptor????
Deredeo Dreadnought does both, far better than Crisis suits and perhaps better than anything in the Tau codex, Broadsides included.
>>
>>51961983
What do you think of giving the lord Gorefather and putting him with a melta squad with melta bomb and deepstriking them on top of a vehicles?
>>
>>51962100
>starter box
I'm not entirely sure about that. I heard the models are different from the regulars, and I'd want some consistency. Thanks, anyway!

>>51962108
I should refresh faster.
>>
>>51961766
Tau ruined 40k. Probably not permanently, but they have been shitting up the place for long enough now.

The problem is that GW didn't play test their rule properly. So, when the codex was released into the hands of the cheese mongering fag lords, they ran with it a mile, and used the army in ways it probably wasn't intended.

The blame lies both with GW, and the fags that play Tau, for the armies bad rep.
>>
>>51962134

>I heard the models are different from the regulars, and I'd want some consistency.

Whoever told you that is retarded.
>>
File: 1443158729381.png (463KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
1443158729381.png
463KB, 610x610px
>>51962061

HOLY SHIT

>space Marine
>T4 W1 3+
>29ppm with plasma
>can only get second with a full squad of 10
>cant also get meltas at the same time
>cant JSJ to survive

>>51962117
SUITS DO BOTH FOR LESS YOU FUCKING SHITTER

YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE HATE TAU
>>
>>51962134
>I heard the models are different
They're not, same sprues. I think you're talking about the dark vengeance box, which uses snap fit models
>>
>>51962136
anyone ever see a Tau player bring an Ethereal to a match?
>>
>>51962134
Plenty of the Start Collecting boxes have a unique HQ unit in them, and I'm fairly sure the Space Marine one does but not certain because I've never actually gotten one. Otherwise all sprues are the same as what you'd get buying the squads seperately.

In any case, your army will still be consistent, you'll just have a unique commander.
>>
>>51962149
>DO BOTH
Not at the same time they don't, unless you're a grade-A retard grouping your units together.
>FOR LESS
Command squad in a pod with 5 meltas is 185, and also comes with +2 shots and +1BS over the fucking meme Crisis squad. They don't need JSJ because they literally drop in where they need to be risk-free.
>>
>>51961815
They're the newest faction to the lore and the fit it the least. Combined with a couple of blatantly nonsensical units, namely the riptide.
>>
File: 1483632841838.png (88KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1483632841838.png
88KB, 386x386px
>complete vengeance hasn't been made yet
It hurts
>>
>>51962117
oh boy oh boy let's do this

>command squad - 90
>drop pod - 35
>meltas all around - 50
Total - 175 points

okay let's do Tau

>Crisis - 22
>+2 dudes - 44
>3 TL fusion guns (to make up for lower BS) - 60
>2 normal fusion guns - 30
Total - 156

Tau advantages
cheaper
better mobility
1 more wound
Can take even more weapons if they want

Space marine advantages
more melee attacks
first turn drop

You chose ANOTHER high tier codex and Tau STILL come out on top.
>>
>>51962163
He's a free victory point so he doesn't see much play.
>>
>>51962147
>>51962157
>>51962165
Thanks.

What about the "all-around decent and versatile" bit? I don't want to spend all my disposable income on a bunch of models only to find that they are overpriced gimmicky pieces of nothing that have to rely on a completely different roster.

On that point, is it possible to rely on overall line troops without "heroes" instead of having to support single powerful units in this game?
>>
File: DG.png (404KB, 866x1326px) Image search: [Google]
DG.png
404KB, 866x1326px
r8
>>
>>51962187
>better mobility
>implying JSJ beats drop pods for alpha strike

>the shooting army averages roughly 1 extra hit
>implying this is a bad thing

>You chose ANOTHER high tier codex
Are you retarded? Do you even know why Space Marines are top tier? It's not their statlines and it's not fucking Command Squads with meltas I'll tell you that much.
>>
>>51962123

That could work. Just remember that CSM can't negate Deepstrike distances, so you need to play risky. It might also be overkill for hunting transports, especially since you're charging then. If you see a lot of walkers and such, then potentially, yea.
>>
>>51962134
>TFW people still recommend the SM start collecting when a superior one existed.
>>
>>51962250
>Deathwatch
>superior in any way
kek
>>
File: 1487455886226.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1487455886226.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51961784
Ask and ye shall receive.
>>
Trying to think of a name for an Ark Mechanicus ship. Preferably not one of the ones we already have.

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>51961803
Swap the Chosen for CC terminators. They want to huddle in the Pod the turn they come in, and the MG are wasted in CC.
>>
>>51962256
Not like you can't play it as normal marine or something, did a Vindicare somewhere will snipe me in the head if i did?
>>
>>51962212
>is it possible to rely on overall line troops without "heroes"
Yeah, for all their power almost all HQ units are extremely expensive and fragile, so you'll be fine relying on more regular troops. If you wanna go down that path I recommend getting a Librarian or Chaplain for your HQ over a Captain/Chapter Master, since they're pretty cheap, and work as a support unit handing out buffs to your army rather than a combat unit.

As far as an all-round army goes, you're in pretty good hands with Marines. I can't think of any seriously bad units in their codex, except for melee Centurions, "shooty" Terminators and maybe Assault Marines. In general, you're more of a shooting army than a fighting army, and perform best when mechanised or on bikes (speed is a big deal), but if you wanna go down other routes then you've normally got at least some options.
>>
>>51962230
yeah, i silently rage a little when my friend brings in a bunch of drop pods turn one and ignores mishaps. You're right its probably overkill for most games when i have my terminators for the same purpose.
>>
File: 1485090015410.jpg (662KB, 1440x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1485090015410.jpg
662KB, 1440x1130px
>>51962163
Nope. I've never seen one.

It's even more rare than a painted Tau army. Although, I know there's some good ones out there.
>>
File: 1378482102336.jpg (13KB, 133x234px) Image search: [Google]
1378482102336.jpg
13KB, 133x234px
>>51962275
>uhh anon why are your Deathwatch painted like Ultramarines?
>well anon told me to buy this start collecting set over the other one because it was better
>better? But anon, you get literally the same dudes, and if you were just going to proxy them as vanilla Marines anyway then wouldn't the vanilla start collecting set have made more sense?
>that's what I thought but anon insisted otherwise
>>
>>51962229
Yes they have better mobility. Once you drop your precious command squad they are stuck there for the game. That's not mobility, that's a different deployment option, which I adressed as being one of their advantages but you're too much of a little bitch to read my entire post I'd wager, you're also too much of a faggot to read the post of the person I was responding too because he was trying to make a direct comparison between crisis suits and a SM command squad which is why I showed him how fucking stupid that was.

But fine sure whatever, I'm over this argument now. Crisis suits are shit, Tau are balanced, whatever, i seriously am out of fucks to give. You win, have fun.
>>
>>51962267
"Dawn of Mars"
"Ark Indomitable"
"Explorator Majoris"
"The Folly of the Machine Spirit"
"Omnissiah's [Any word here]"
>>
>>51962286
>average_tau_list.jpg
>>
>>51962293
>implying theres not enough normal pauldrons or bits in the box to make normal marines
>>
>>51962073

Not the person you're conversing with but do you realize how spergy this post is? Like, do you realize how much of an obnoxious goon you are?

Calm down nigga, damn.
>>
>>51962293
>you get literally the same dudes,
>Comparing old release to 2016 release with Better kit and more value combined (1 box tactical + dread + captain comparing to 2 box deathwatch + dread + captain + upgrade sprue).

Yeah it's the same things anon, same thing.
>>
>>51962301
I like the second one, thanks Anon.
>>
File: morewolves.png (75KB, 676x1789px) Image search: [Google]
morewolves.png
75KB, 676x1789px
Reposting my 2k tourney list to see if I can get more advice
>>
>>51962295
>you're too much of a little bitch
>you're also too much of a faggot
Sounds like you have plenty of fucks to give my dude.

>Crisis suits are shit, Tau are balanced, whatever
Nice goalpost shifting, but my argument is and always has been that although Tau are a cheese faction, not all their options are cheese. It's exactly like how Command Squads aren't cheese even though Marines are fucking tournament-winning tier. In fact, they're shit unless you give them bikes and grav, in which case they become great but STILL not the best in the codex.

But I guess you can't see that, because Marines aren't Tau so of course they're balanced. Carry on Anti-Taufag, you're just as cancer as the TIDF you argue with. Later dude.
>>
>>51962308
There's not. They all have inquisition symbols on one side and moulded chapter symbols from DIFFERENT chapters on the other side. So you'd have to pay extra for the pauldrons if you wanted that. Also the box is just more expensive than a tactical squad, part of which goes to pay for equipment that normal marines can't get like shotguns, frag cannon, infernus bolters and the sniper bolter whatever it's called. So you're paying for spare bits you won't be using.
>>
>>51962333
>>
>>51962320
>2016
>old
>1 box tacticals = 10 dudes
>2 box deathwatch = 10 dudes
>implying all the DW-specific bits and weapons you get in the DW boxes will be useful to a Marine player
>>
>>51962344
>>51962334
>not wanting to model "my dudes"
>>
>>51962302
>average_tau_list.jpg

The funny thing is, I recently went up against a list similar to this with my Necrons.

I was running a CAD, with troops I like. Game ended turn 3, because I had almost nothing left on the board.
>>
>>51962349
>"But I want to model MY DEWDS!"
>So he buys the box with fixed chapter symbols instead of blank pauldrons.
*slow clap*
>>
>>51962349
>needing Crutchwatch to be able to create Your Dudes
>not just bit ordering choice picks from the entire Marine range to handcraft Your Dudes
>>
>>51962356
>not just getting extra pauldrons from the tac boxes you're going to buy anyway
>>
>>51961826
Would you leave her after you caught her taking the knot?
Because that is what space wolf fans girls are doing.
>>
>>51962356
Considering GW only gives you ultramarines decals these days, fixed chapter symbols would be better.
>>
>>51962333
Crisis suits are pretty op bullshit though, just overshadowed by the other even more op tau shit. And SM are only good because of epic formations.
>>
>>51962364
>buying tactical marines just so you can take their pauldrons and give them to the other marines
What is happening? Why are you doing this to me?
>>
>>51962333
You sound like the worst sort of player.
>>
>>51962344
>Help my friend won't let me play normal marine with Deathwatch marine.

>Implying you can't just proxy the frag cannon and Infernus and H.bolter or Flamer because your friend are cunts in friendly game.
>>
>>51962369
>what is freehand
Or if you suck at that just have your own transfers printed up. It's MUCH cheaper than paying twice as much as you would for tactical marines. Unless you can think of a good reason why your special snowflake chapter has the chapter symbols of every other chapter.

>inb4 "because my chapter is deathwatch"
>>
>>51962373
cause fuck you I'm not the retard
>>
>>51962369
>What is forge World?
>>
>>51962018
48DD
>>
>>51962398
An expensive piece of shit rip-off, since you asked.
>>
>>51962385
>needing to proxy when you could have just bought the actual models you are proxying for exactly the same price
If you prefer DW aesthetic then good for you, but don't recommend proxying to new players.
>>
>>51962358
Looks like someone thinks that the old Bitz is still going. That hasn't been a thing for over a decade anon, you can't just ring GW up and say 'Yeah I'll take twenty (Insert product code for a single part of a model, ie Ragnar's powerpack, the one with two banner-poles, here) please'. anymore.
>>
File: squadmarkings_std_black.gif (145KB, 1747x2481px) Image search: [Google]
squadmarkings_std_black.gif
145KB, 1747x2481px
>>51962369
your welcome. buy the decal paper from e-bay depending on the type of printer you own

>inb4 i dont own a printer
>>
>>51962435
>he doesn't know about bitz sites
You sweet summer child
>>
>>51962405
You are bad at this hobby, and bad at life, with a shit job.
Also
>What is China?
>>
>>51962451
I'm talking about the PROPER Bitz store anon. Not ebay knock-offs.
>>
>>51962451
>spend even more in the long run for shit that you could've had at the start
>>
>>51962435

eBay

My army is 100% running legs and mixed FW marks and bolters and GW plastic. Looks way more interesting to the eye than everyone's unmixed and/or plastic army that's just a bunch of pure mark 3/4/7 squatters.

Expensive though.
>>
File: Knightsof_gryphonne.gif (406KB, 1754x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Knightsof_gryphonne.gif
406KB, 1754x2480px
>>51962447
these too

there should be a website with a large collection
>>
>>51962464
>ebay
You non-ironically don't know what I'm talking about, do you? Holy shit. Google things dude.

>>51962469
>implying I'm building them entirely from bit orders and not just adding cool gubbins to supplement base models
>>
>>51962447
Can you print decals with a laser printer though?
>>51962455
I didn't know Chinaman did decals too.
Besides how is it not fair to expect them to provide the bare essentials in their fucking leading figures box? They even have different chapters on the marine boxes like you could just make them out of the box!
>>
>>51962472
Cant remember the name, but theres a forum with a shit load of custom transfers.
>>
>>51962309
Were you too autistic to just ignore the post? I bet you just go around pointing out posts and telling people to calm down because of your mental illness.

The difference here is that I'm pointing this out to you on purpose because you're probably so unaware of your own autism.
>>
File: 20151207_131932.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151207_131932.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>51962489
>Can you print decals with a laser printer though?

yes, but you have to choose the right type of paper! And after the print you have to apply a thin layer of gloss! works like a charm-- check my shit out:
>>
>>51962486
I know what you're talking about, but like I said I was talking about the old GW Bitz store. You are clearly too toung to remember it.
>>
>>51961815
>I like the whole "we are in way the fuck over our heads" vibe their fledgling empire has

And here we hit our first problem, because whilst that would be a fine vibe for them to have, all their recent fluff for the past two editions has them winning time and time again against foes that should, by all rights, wipe them out in the blink of an eye. The Tau as presented currently aren't a fledgling empire struggling to come to grips with the awesome reality of the galaxy they inhabit; they're galactic strongmen, a powerful, young, vibrant force with no equal, and who know no threats in their sector of space.

The second part is that their rules are designed to be aggressively anti-fun. They're completely based around ranged fighting, with no melee capacity. That means they spend the whole game playing keep-away from the enemy whilst blasting them to smithereens. You might say "Well other armies are close-combat based, aren't they just as bad?" The difference is that CC armies must close the distance to you, allowing you time to shoot, and if they make contact with you, you at least get to swing back most of the time, making you feel you're accomplishing something. Against Tau, you just remove units from your side of the table. That might not be so bad if your return shooting did much, but when the Tau player brings multiple giant suits with godlike survivability, you don't tend to accomplish much. This enhances the feeling of "unfun".
>>
>>51962516
>implying
Dude, the GW bitz store is dead and gone. It's plainly obvious that I wasn't making reference to it, so stop trying to pretend you're an oldfag by randomly bringing it up and claiming it invalidates my argument somehow.

I said you could use modern bitz sites to handpick bitz and use them to supplement creating Your Dudes, which you absolutely can; I speak from experience. GW's bitz store is quite literally neither here nor there, and you are a top-notch fool if you honestly think you have to but Deathwatch to make Your Dudes just because the GW store is dead - apologies if that's a leap of logic but I literally cannot fathom why else you'd bring up the GW store.
>>
>>51962495
>When other people respond to posts they're autistic
>When I do it it's because I am supremely intelligent and feel obliged to advise them of their autism
If you say so.
>>
>MFW I can't even be bothered to copy and paste the Night Lords theme song tonight
I have no energy at all /TG/, sorry to let you down. I feel lethargic as fuck.
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1500pts.jpg (213KB, 900x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1500pts.jpg
213KB, 900x1133px
Is this an acceptable means of running a strike force minus free transport faggotry?
>>
File: thousandsons.jpg (196KB, 650x808px) Image search: [Google]
thousandsons.jpg
196KB, 650x808px
Have any of you played many games with your thousand sons?

How did they perform in a casual setting?

I'm just about to start putting mine together. Just want to know how badly I'm going to be raped.
>>
>>51962495

Dunno m8. I'm not the one spamming the thread with all-caps posts. Literally autistic screeching
>>
>>51962506

I like your paintjob but my god Terminators look dumb on those tiny bases.

Speaking of bases, those guys would look pretty great if you based them.
>>
>>51962506
...you mean gloss varnishing the whole sheet before application?
>>
>>51962536
I never even mentioned deathwatch. Hell, all my DW dudes have metal pauldrons bolters and helmets.All I'm saying is that every 'modern day' Bitz store is just a knock off of the old GW one, and ftr almost ALL of them have an ebay store.
>>
File: 1380911965233.jpg (63KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1380911965233.jpg
63KB, 340x565px
>>51962604
>I never even mentioned deathwatch
Right, so you literally just jumped in out of nowhere then, since I was talking about DW with a different anon.

>All I'm saying is that every 'modern day' Bitz store is just a knock off of the old GW one
And this needed saying why? Nobody admires you for spouting knowledge that makes you look like an oldfag, and before you accuse me of just not remembering the glory days let me assure you I still own my Collector's Guides and well remember the bit order service. Point is, you literally did not need to mention it outside of stroking your ego.

>ftr almost ALL of them have an ebay store
Just searched Ebay for my top 3 bitz suppliers, none of them have a store. Your move.
>>
>>51962587
> Just want to know how badly I'm going to be raped.
might as well buy a wolftail buttplug
>>
>>51962263
I think changing the war coven is a bad idea. It's supposed to represent the sorcerers of a single cult so you get a themed army. Also pyramancy should be 2+ to make up for it being shit.
>>
>>51962328
bumping through the endless autism
>>
Help me, /40kg/, I've got urge the past few weeks to start playing Tyranids.

I don't even mean the flyrant spam tyranids, I mean swarms of gaunts running with tyrants and termigons. I mean molochs spewing forwards out of the dirt, and harpies flying overhead.

I know I'll never win. I know my wallet will hate me. But its so. hard. to. resist.
>>
>>51962286
I like those stealth suits in the bottom corners.
>>
Which armies have shotgun squads? I think I wanna run a CQB build for small social games
>>
>>51962680
wait for 8th edition, then decide
>>
>>51962762
Deathwatch are your best option
>>
>>51962762
guard, sm scouts and gene cult
>>
>>51962762
detachment d-99
executioner squads
5-10 man squads with a sargeant, all can take shotguns and deep strike.
Also they only have 1 warlord trait which is pick any xenos army, all units from d-99 have preferred enemy: pick any xenos army, great way to remove blobs and other light infantry, though roll on strategic table when fighting imperium/chaos factons
>>
>>51962762

IG with Ogryns will get you ripper guns carried by dudes with three wounds a piece.
>>
>>51962680
Where do you live m8? UK has some pretty good retailers but if you are stateside go hit up some of the china men for recasts and build that brood, not enough bug around
>>
>>51962783
they sorta fall to pieces unless you have a delivery system or a pile of em though
>>
what does tg think about 3d printing miniatures, I'm an old taufag from 5ed before the riptide and have a bunch of firewarriors, I just printed out a ds8 tactical support turret because fuck buying an entire squad of fire warriors, and am planning on printing more. So, what is the verdict on 3d printing, yay or nay? Or alternatively what amount of 3d printing is too much?
>>
>>51962680
takes a brave bastard to willingly suffer that punishment but a win with (non spammy) nids is sweet when you can pull it off
>>
>>51962796
if its for superfluous stuff like those new bits you just dont have then go for it, hell not sure where to draw the line on that now that you mention it
>>
>>51962785
I live in a m8.
>>
>>51961803
looks fun, I'd like to play you, anon.
>>
>>51962796
It's up to you, really.

But if you turn up to a match with a obviously 3d printed Rapetide, don't be surprised if your opponent just packs his shit up and leaves you standing there, without even saying a word.
>>
>>51962812
is the quality a real issue?
I've seen some really high quality 3d printed models that when painted look like they're right out of a gw box, though they sometimes miss things like the aquila/faction symbol.
Also some armies need ridiculously expensive models to even work, like if I needed 6-8 valks and 3d printed a high quality one like this
http://www.gambody.com/3d-models/valkyrie-vendetta-warhammer
though I'd change it so that the base works with gw bases
what do you think?
>>51962840
I was planning on doing just new bits, though what do you think about the valk/vendetta I posted above?
I only have 1 riptide and ask permission for games 1000 points and below, though I rarely use it unless my opponent is bringing their own cheese. I play tau for what they are, a combined arms faction with more deep striking and mad flyers (fw ones).
>>
>>51962859
id say leave the printing for the stufff you're missing(little things) and such

Just dont go printing a whole army, conversion bits or alternate models prolly ok though
>>
>>51962881
what about FW models?
It's not better than recasting is it?
>>
>>51962577
you need 3 scout squads, don't you?
>>
>>51962859
This is just going to be more expensive and time consuming than just buying recasts if you're trying to save money.
>>
>>51962899
you've got me in a bind, that valk/vend looks nice but if i had the option to 3dprint i'd sprinkle in things here and there

i enjoy using 3rd party models for characters or specialist but i really cant see printing a whole air wing or tank battalion
but thats where i stand i wont try an direct you're moral compass dude

your army, your dudes
>>
File: babby.jpg (26KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
26KB, 615x409px
What's the best starting point for someone who has no desire to play the game and is only interested in painting the pretty toys
>>
>>51962965
ebay
>>
>>51962930
1-5 qualifies as an auxiliary choice, you just need the one. I take them with cloaks and rifles because in my opinion they look hideous without them.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1500pts.jpg (121KB, 900x865px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1500pts.jpg
121KB, 900x865px
Suggestions for casual/fluffy balanced Ynnari list?
>>
>>51962965
Do you really need us to tell you to buy the model you think looks prettiest?
>>
>>51962587
They're complete and utter shit. Lackluster ranged firepower for the price, surprisingly easy to kill for the price, and terrible point-per-Warp-Charge ratio.

If you want to win even casual games, I hope you like Tzeentch Daemons.
>>
>>51962972
fucking Dark Angels. Only a traitor would field less than 3 scout squads at once !
>>
>>51962998
Nah its the lip service to our non-heresy, since CSM don't get scouts.

I guess I could just put in a drop pod instead, but that's just rubbing salt.
>>
>>51962977
i thought they had a decent assault cannon equivalent plus a few other nice tweaks, how bad

(havent seen rules yet)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170301-220916_1.jpg (113KB, 1074x716px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170301-220916_1.jpg
113KB, 1074x716px
Is this list ok for a casual game, or will I regret this more than sleeping with a fat chick?
>>
(1849pts)

++ DW Black Spear Strike Force ++

+ Core +

Watch Company

Aquila Kill Team - Ifrit
Pyromancy - Librarian [Mastery Level 2] Power Armour [Combi-flamer, Force Sword]
Veteran Squad
Veteran [Combi-flamer, Storm Shield]
4x Veteran with Heavy Weapon [Chainsword, Infernus Heavy Bolter]

Aquila Kill Team - Pisces -
Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]
Librarus - Librarian [Mastery Level 2, The Beacon Angelis] Power Armour [Combi-melta, Force Sword]
Veteran Squad
Veteran [Combi-melta, Storm Shield]
4x Veteran with Heavy Weapon [Chainsword, Deathwatch Frag Cannon]

Aquila Kill Team - Saggitarius -
Divination - Librarian [Dominus Aegis, Mastery Level 2] Power Armour [Boltgun, Force Sword]
Veteran Squad
7x Veteran [Deathwatch Shotgun, Stalker Pattern Boltgun]

Aquila Kill Team - Taurus -
Librarus - Librarian [Mastery Level 2, The Tome of Ectoclades] Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]
Vanguard Veteran [2x Lightning Claw]
Veteran Squad
Black Shield [2x Lightning Claw]
2x Veteran [Heavy Thunder Hammer]
Veteran [Deathwatch Shotgun, Storm Shield]
Watch Sergeant [Deathwatch Shotgun, Storm Shield]

Watch Captain
Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

+ Auxiliary +

Corvus Blackstar [Four Stormstrike Missles, Infernum Halo Launcher, Twin Linked Assault Cannon]

+ Command +

Watch Master

Plan is:

Team ifrit will walk it with their assault heavy bolters, torching fuckers intent on assault.

Team Pisces will drop turn 1 behind the biggest threat and frag them to sludge, yanking another team into support if the target seems tough or if team Taurus finishes the enemy and has to walk far.

Team Saggitarius will hold a position with twinlinked heavy 2 stalker bolters and a 4++ for being stationary

Taurus will leap outta the Corvus and slice, dice, mash and puree with the watch captain.

How bad is it?
>>
>>51963035
holy christ thats spendy
>>
>>51963035
it depends how unlucky you are with 3++ saves

you will cave to any sort of MSU though
>>
>>51963035
Well you've a larger model count than >>51963042

What's your anti-tank/Flier solution?
How do you deal with hordes?
What will you do during turn 1-2 when nothing is in range?
>>
>>51963056
That's OK. I don't care if I win. I just don't want to get completely face rolled.
>>
>>51963070
cry?
>>
>>51963073
unless he has tonnes of psykers to deny you the 3++, you wont get face rolled
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 1600x1143px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 1600x1143px
>>51962899
Some recast of FW models are better and some recasters have FW no longer in productions like the Repressor

75 points of pure love.
10 model transport
3 fire points on each and 2 on top
Storm Bolter mounted on the front
Heavy flamer on a turret like thingy.

If I had more than two I would run Retribution squads with Heavy flamers inside one. Right now double melts Dominions is pure sex. Sweet outflanking 4/5 meltaguns inside a 13/11/10 metal box
>>
>>51963070
I guess if they have tanks and flyers, I'll be completely boned. I will not be playing any competitive games with this. It just uses the models I have.
>>
File: Tau - 850pts.jpg (122KB, 900x659px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 850pts.jpg
122KB, 900x659px
Hi guys, how does my list look? This will be my 4th game of 40k and 1st game with Tau, how will i do against a windrider heavy eldar army?

The only things i have on the shelf except for what i've included on the list is an ethereal and a riptide, not using the riptide until my friend gets a wraithknight though.
>>
>>51963083
I have a bad habit of rolling ones. So they probably won't need them.
>>
>>51963085
as a Sob player how ya feel about the new celestine
>>
>>51963042
I hope your list is good, because it's very similar to the one I'm planning on using.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1850pts.jpg (263KB, 900x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1850pts.jpg
263KB, 900x1152px
Decided to go through a ton of Khorne figs I haven't used in years and make a list.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>51963108
No idea, i just slapped what I had with a slight bias against thousand sons.
>>
>>51963094
If your friend's jetbikes are upgraded with long range weapons your infantry will be completely useless.
>>
>>51963106
Kind of cheated.

If I join her to her traditional escort of Seraphim they can't use their AoF, since GW fucks forgot to add that note in new Celestine.

If you have shit in a squad that does not have war hymns or Acts of Faith then they can't use the AoF.

Other than that my life didn't change, new Celestine is a distraction carnifex even Orks can bring it down in melee or shooting. /tg/ is overreacting as usual.

Hard as balls to kill but the rest of your army is such low priority that Celestine will die easily even with an escort.

On the flip side your entire army is ignored thanks to her. So you can capture objectives and kill stuff unmolested
>>
>>51962792

True, but Chimeras are cheap.

>>51962796

Depends on how it looks.

How much money do you have to spend on a 3D printer before you can make something that doesn't look like complete shit when you stand it next to an actual GW mini?

For making extra copies of bits and even models you can get pretty decent results from home casting using cheap putty or even greenstuff, but if I could find a 3D printer for $300 or less that would let me print out decent minis I'd buy it. I'm thinking of picking up a dirt cheap one just for printing terrain and shit anyway.
>>
>>51963094
Windriders are incredibly short-ranged (12") if he isn't spamming heavy weapons, and you can honestly consider melee as an option if he gets close enough since Windriders only have 1 S3 attack each while costing almost twice as much as a Fire Warrior. Normally the best counter to Windriders is any kind of AP3 artillery (even better if it Ignores Cover) but unless you're going to throw in your Riptide you don't really have any sources of that.

Also god help you if he uses loads of scatter lasers, because those outrange almost every gun on your list and Windriders will run rings around your everything.
>>
>>51963135
>forgot
>>
>>51963135
not quite as horrifying as cawl, but she certainly is a long lasting distraction, hopefully thats just an error that gets errata'd or somethin
>>
>>51961984

Good conversions that are unpainted/painted badly.

I'm scraping together an Inquisition army, so I've been looking up a lot of conversions for inspiration. And there's so many people who have really good ideas, then don't bother giving it a paintjob to complete it, or are complete shit painters who ruin whatever it was meant to be.

Also people who don't understand palette control. If your colour scheme can't be paired down to 3 colours or less, it's too busy. I don't mean "only ever use up to 3 colours ever", I mean if you can't describe it in broad strokes (for example, grey knights being silver, gold and red), you need to reduce it down, because you've forgotten it still needs to look good on a 2" tall dude, not just on the online painter.
>>
>>51963151
Do you think GW cares enough to actual go out of their way to fuck over SoB with something even SoB players might not notice?
>>
>>51963137
for initial delivery they work i just wish i had an assault option that wasnt an exploding chimera
>>
>>51963126
I was planning on using mine against Tau and Imperial Guard. I hope it works out for you.
>>
Are Tyranids still shit?

Will they become an AoS faction?
>>
>>51963171

Dude, chimeras, on a point vs effectiveness ratio, are straightup one of the best deals in all of 40k.
>>
If I'm infiltrating chosen should I bother with transports?
>>
Anyone play through VASSAL?
>>
>>51963182
didnt say they weren't bud, i play mech vets, i just wish i had an assault box for my gryns without having to hijack a landraider
>>
>>51963094
This looks really good, anon. Good on you for not cheesing it up.

You will do just fine if your friend has the same mentality as you when it come to list building. It should be a close to even game.
>>
Guys, if a transport has Outflank and the unit inside doesn't, can the entire thing enter via outflank?
>>
File: Get_to_work.jpg (3MB, 3600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Get_to_work.jpg
3MB, 3600x1800px
Any speculations on 8th ork codex? Just looking at this garbage of a codex makes me want to puke. Its as if it was made by a person who solely hated orks and had 0 idea how they should work in tabletop to make sense fluff-wise.

Also
>"why Grotsnik has included cyborg(6+ FnP) when his dok tools already give FnP, do they stack together for 4+?"
>GW FAQ "No they don't. He is mad lol"

I rarely wish to hurt people, but I badly want to hit whoever wrote that FAQ answer; like put a fist right into his stupid smug cunt face
>>
>>51963164
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sisters are a pretty balanced army as is, and if they get any attention from GW, it will hopefully just be the plastic models the army needs.

I'm really hoping that's how it works out, because I'm dying to start a SOB army.
>>
>>51963179
Against them I'd cheapen the melee unit as you won't need the murdertools i stocked up on, those are for DP class enemies.

Oh and EVERYTHING but the stalker squad in pods/Corvus.
You do not want to walk around when facing artillery.

Hell I'd consider leaving the stalkers at home as they do not offer enough massed firepower compared to the cost of the librarians and 4++, and you do not want to rely on cover saves vs those two armies.
>>51963205
"During deployment, players can declare that any unit that contains at least one model with this special rule is attempting to Outflank the enemy"
>>
>>51963205
yes
>>
>>51963012
You need ten man squad for it, and it costs three points, meaning that you will hit 300pts for one of those, as shown bellow.

Rubrics and SOTs are just brutally overpriced.
>>51963090
Try to roll Heretech with Ahriman, then spam that D3 Haywire spell, it's actually surprisingly powerful.

That aside, consider dropping Icons and one squad of rubrics to five and then use those points to get Tzaangors, Maulerfiend or Predators, if you have some points.
>>
>>51963180
They are, but don't lose hope.

8th edition is still around the corner, and no one know what will happen.

Tyranids still have some of the coolest models, best fluff, and most enjoyable play styles of any current army.
>>
How important is Initiative in melee? How actually important is it to strike first?
>>
>>51963224
>and it costs three points
Twenty five, what the fuck. I have no idea where the three came from

>>51963214
Tell me about

>if enemy unit gets harmed by weapon with this rule, they have to take T test, if the fail they take D3 wounds that can be saved by invu of FnP(cough Wulfen cough)
>if they succeed, which is statistically likely, they get +1FnP
>Chaos is fickle guys!! xDDD

Fucking Yiff fags.
>>
>>51963233
very if the unit in question isnt durable
>>
>>51963233
Depends on your resillience and cost.
>>
Why won't the first MEGA load?
>>
>>51963233

It's one of several factors balanced against one another. Initiative, strength, AP, raw number of attacks, durability.

In theory, attacking first is primarily for the purpose of doing some casualties before you get hit back. It's as much a defensive stat as it is an offensive stat.

Some high end assault units of course just kinda wreck all faces before your enemy can make their pitiful return swings.

It mostly works out. Hand to hand isn't one of the problem areas of the game, even if -actually getting there- is.
>>
>>51963241
I've heard you spiky gitz got Traitor's hate or something and became a decent army. Am I wrong?
>>
>>51963220
>Against them I'd cheapen the melee unit as you won't need the murdertools i stocked up on, those are for DP class enemies.
>Oh and EVERYTHING but the stalker squad in pods/Corvus.
>You do not want to walk around when facing artillery.
>Hell I'd consider leaving the stalkers at home as they do not offer enough massed firepower compared to the cost of the librarians and 4++, and you do not want to rely on cover saves vs those two armies.

Sounds like good advice to me. I'll make the necessary changes.

I have been known to do stupid shit against guard, and end up losing heaps of troops to artillery.

Thanks, man.
>>
>>51963241
holy hell man, i liked 1k sons but damn thats just awful
>>
>>51963257
Great thing about frag cannons is you can rake AV10 rears easily and Splatter troops with templates.
>>
>>51963256
essentially angels of death but for chaos, one of the better bandaids GW has put on chaos but still just a bandaid
>>
>>51963256
Traitor Legions. It was a hackjob; a lot of the legions are in a bad way (or are cheesy monobuild), and a lot of the changes exacerbated the problems. It puts CSM overall in middling to ok tier, with some legions in shit tier, others (only with the monobuild) in cheese tier.
>>
>>51963265
Yeah. I love the frag cannons. Such a great idea, even if they are super expensive.
>>
>>51963224
>Try to roll Heretech with Ahriman, then spam that D3 Haywire spell, it's actually surprisingly powerful.
>That aside, consider dropping Icons and one squad of rubrics to five and then use those points to get Tzaangors, Maulerfiend or Predators, if you have some points.

Good idea. I'd really like to take some Tzaangors.
>>
>>51963274
>>51963267
I bet if you had a FAQ written by the same assfaggot who wrote Grotsnik answer you'd have something along the lines of "Balancing is a fickle thing ;^)" regarding your complaints
>>
>>51963256
Varies immensely between legions, some get Ghazghkull tier stuff (ie 1500 point formations with absolute trash tax units for negligible benefits.)

Others go up to mid tier and even others improves their deathstar potential.
>>
>>51963290
one of the dudes i first started playing with plays orks, started 4years ago, trust me i'd like to skullfuck the twit that thought any of that overhaul was good
>>
>>51963256
To add on what other anons said, 1ksons were part of another book, and most of their shit just sucks. Rubrics are overpriced and their sorceress have to roll on shitty table, while SOTs and ExSorcs just cost way too much. Likewise, their core formations are just worthless and expensive.

They do have some decent relics and formations that allow them to get cheap bodies on the table, but it's not enough. You can make them work, but in the similar manner to how you make Boys work.

Magnus is OP but he can't work in TSon list so he is played with Daemons. Ahriman/ExSorc with Seer's Bane and Disc are really good, but they still pay hefty amount of points for that. Even armies that are not downright terrible will have to struggle with pathetic number of models.

Honestly, TSons just need costs of Rubrics and SOTs slashed down and they would be fine.

>>51963289
I meant to say "if you have models".
>>
>>51963290
watching a friend start to hate playing the game cuz his army got reamed aint fun man
>>
>>51962274
It's a Warband, so the claw needs to be a dedicated. Only chosen, CSM, and dread variants get it dedicated, which means I can't run Terminators in it.

As for the wasted CC, yea. They're more there to crack any eggs so the Lord can get to the gooey bits inside.

>>51962818
Thanks, man.
>>
1400pts IG + Inquisitors list

Company Command squad (242pts)
Commander:PG + Kurov's aquila + deathmask of olanious+ bolter
Squad: 4x PG +Camo gear + carapace armor

Ordo xenos inquisitor((68})
Psyker (Force axe) Power armor + Combiplasma
Vets (130)
3xPG + Grenadiers + Forward sentries

Vets(130)
3xPG + Grenadiers + Forward sentries

Vets (130)
3x PG + Grenadiers + Forward sentries

3x Primaris Psyker:150

Vets (165)
2x meltagun + Krak grenades + grenadiers
Chimera + Camo + DB

Wyvern:65

LR Executioner:155
CN+Plasma sponsons:45

Aegis:50
>>
some info for you guys:

Triumviate of the Primarch - 90$
-3 Models, Guilliman, Cypher and Grand Master Voldus.
-Guilliman comes with the Armour of Fate, the Hand of Dominion and The Emperors Sword. All Friendly units can Reroll failed leadership checks. Guilliman has ALL command Traits.
-Cypher comes with Eternal warrior, fleet, infiltrate and shrouded
-Voldus hammer works as a conduit for his psychic powers

Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch - 50$
-Datasheets for the Triumvirate of the Primarch
- Formations to field the Fallen, the Grey Knights Bulwark of Purity, the Victrix Guard of the Ultramarines and the Triumvirate of the primarch
-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights that are not daemons.

Gathering Storm Companion - 40$
-a 96page Hardback Book focusing on the design and painting processes of the gathering storm 1-3 minatures

Deathwatch Upgrade Sprue - 12.50$
-The known deathwatch upgrade sprew but now sold seperately aswell.

Genestealer Cults Upgrade Sprue - 12.50$
-The known Genestealer Cult upgrade sprew but now sold seperately aswell.
>>
>>51963341
>Guilliman has ALL command Traits.
I want this to be a thing, because that sounds amazing.
>>
>>51963341
>-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights against enemys that are not daemons.

fixed
>>
>>51963341

I like Cypher and think Gulliman would make for a great base for a Daemon Prince conversion, but I don't think I can justify that much cost for my level of interest.
>>
>>51963341

>Voldus hammer works as a conduit for his psychic powers
>Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights against enemys that are not daemons

You have my curiosity. I hope it's just "all the special stuff that only works on daemons work on everyone".
>>
>>51963341
there is also artefacts, warlord traits and a detatchment for ultramarines btw.
>>
>>51963290
Something like that. Alpha Legion had a decurion bonus that said cultists in the formation come back on a 4+, and there's a sub formation that does the same thing, so people were like "wow infinite cultists; you could lose one unit and get 2" which is a little strong but nothing compared to the cheese other armies pull; there was an faq saying "these two rules do not interact in any way" which basically means that the decurion bonus was half useless. They changed it so that there's one roll and they come back on a 3+, but that's still shit.
>>
>>51963355
>-Daemonic Adversaries - Special rules to field grey knights against enemys that are not daemons.

When does the equivalent come for fear reliant armies that face fear immune enemies?
>>
>>51963379

Or they could just squat Grey Knights. Their popularity only really comes from a buncha people buying into them when they were a power build in 5th, and newbies too stupid to grasp they overdo the snowflake wanking without actually being interesting until they've already bought 2000 points and start to think "Wait shit do I actually want to paint my marines as a bland sea of grey?"
>>
>>51963416

I SMELL TAU
>>
>>51963416
You could squat Marines. There like 10 in the entire galaxy. Fall to chaos on a daily basis. Along with the homo erotic imagery it does not fit a family friendly game
>>
>>51963419

Necrons I quit using with the new codex because they win too easily, non-Convocation Mechanicus and starting on a genecult actually.
>>
>>51963414

When they start being space Marines
>>
File: 1037202.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1037202.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>51963442

>accuses another army of being boring to paint
>necrons
>>
>>51963440

Well, they could certainly do with retconning away the ONLY 1 MILLION figure and bumping it up to a number that's merely utterly undermanned to help the galaxy rather than entirely beyond any relevance, yes.
>>
>>51963442
so cohort or just a normal battle congregation?
>>
>>51963457

>He thinks Necrons only have one paint scheme

I didn't play Sautekh.
>>
>>51963131
>>51963144
>>51963201

Thanks for the input guys! I'll pray my mate doesn't spam scatterbikes...
>>
>>51963469

> Prime black

> Drybrush silver

> Done

wooooooooooooooow
>>
File: IMG_2105.jpg (68KB, 800x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2105.jpg
68KB, 800x414px
>>51963477
Not painting your Necrons blacks.
>>
>>51963468

I find that the new detachments in FoC are kinda shit for the only thing I'd care about them for: List building flexibility. If I need to take four troops anyhow, why wouldn't I just take seperate formations and keep scouting over split firing one unit of Dunecrawlers?

Still, Cawl is neat, and the Skyfire relic means I can use Robots to Skyfire instead of being stuck taking an Icarus Crawler every time.
>>
>>51963477

That sure is Sautekh you're describing there.

Imhotek is shi
>>
>>51963341
>Guilliman has ALL command Traits

Nice, I'd only roll on command traits if it wasn't for Master of the Vanguard.
>>
>>51963496
deppstrike on 2 breachers with a dom or cawl is spooky
>>
>>51963457
He doesn't play Necrons. Proof is this line.

>Necrons I quit using with the new codex because they win too easily,

He probably plays Tau or Eldar.
>>
>>51963531
Aren't Necrons top second tier? Unless facing Tau or Eldar waacfags (maybe marines with their broken formations and Grav Spam)

Beside SoB, Necron have an easy time against everything else
>>
>>51963531
>He doesn't play Necrons. Proof is this line.

>"Necrons I quit using with the new codex because they win too easily"

Depends how long ago he quit Necrons, if he did it say a couple of months after the codex release, they were the undisputed heavy-weight champions from their January codex until April when eldar landed and May when Mechanicus took off.
>>
>>51963531

The fuck are you talking about?

The new codex came out and I ended up winning 100% of the time for two months, not even using the decurion. Completely unsatisfying, especially since my army's personality had taken a huge hit with the gutting of Crypteks.

I only wheel my Necrons out for apocalpyse scale games now.
>>
>>51963471
If he does indeed use scatbikes you should totally go for Riptide, no one would condemn you for it; not like one Riptide can handle everything on it's own.
And Wraithknight completely buttfucks it. So if you're waiting for your buddy to get it you won't get to have any fun with it.
>>
>>51963550
The Necron OP thing is a meme.

People thought they were tough when the new book released. Then they discovered that there was a simple counter to everything they had.

They get destroyed by Tau and Eldar. They will win against marines if the opponent doesn't know how to play. Daemons face roll them like they do everyone right now.

The only armies they beat easily, are the same punching bag armies that everyone beats.
>>
>>51963560
I'm sorry. If this is true (it isnt), then everyone you play is just terrible. Unless the all play Orks, tyranids, or maybe guard.
>>
>>51963552

There aren't many Eldar players around here, probably due to a mix of them not being many before their new codex and a stigma after.

(Though there are two asshats with multiple Wraithknights who mostly only play against each other)

Plenty of Mechanicus people, but convocation isn't wheeled out much either.

So yeah, Necrons are still pretty top tier, just from the buffs to reanimation, boost to already great wraiths and changes to units meaning most models that were a bit shit last edition are solid at worst now. (Monolith, C'tan excepted).
>>
>>51963607
How did 6th edition Marines (chose your ow flavour) beat decuricrons?

Pre-D Eldar?
>>
>>51963595

>The Necron OP thing is a meme.
You know their Decurion gives them a 4+++ rerolling 1s, AFTER their save right?
Are you aware of the sheer firepower required to wipe out a 20-warrior mob?
>>
>>51963607

I have an above average win rate no matter whether army I bring, so I wouldn't rule out my meta being scrubs.

Certainly makes more sense that they're mostly shit than that I'm some kinda magical tactical genius just because I obsessively memorise what my units do and have a solid grasp of target priority.
>>
So I'm looking at Xiphon Fighters and thinking of taking two for my Deathwatch.

Are they as good as I hope? They seem great on paper.
>>
>>51963629
They are annoying as fuck to kill. That's about it
>>
>>51963636
205 points anti-tank flier?

I guess they're good at their task.
>>
>>51963595

The only reason Necrons struggle to top tournament tables, besides Eldar being their own special category of op-beyond-op, is their lack of spamable fast Obsec.

Well that and because tourney people are monobuilding netlisters and the Decurion is so rigid compared even to later superdetachments that you'll play exactly the same game agaisnt 'cron players every time giving you a lot of practice.
>>
>>51963657

Annoying as fuck to kill means get to keep applying their firepower all game long.

People underestimate Necron firepower because it's not on paper the top point for point, but factor in survivability and it becomes pretty damn impressive late game.

Again, spamable fast Obsec is pretty much their only major missing tool.
>>
>>51963680
I play SoB and usually table Necrons by turn 4. It's not that hard.

I can even bring my 6 Penitent Engines and screen them with Immolators since for some reason Necron players love to move forward. Resulting in turn 2 charges with PE.

They are good but their slow as fuck armies force them to move closer in order to capture objectives.
>>
>>51963625
Mobility lists have always destroyed necrons. Necron fire-power is only effective at medium to close range, and they have a severe lack of cheap ap3 and ap2.
>>
>>51963709

>Slow as fuck

You are playing against really bad Necron players. They're a very mobile army if you build with a brain.
>>
>>51963722
What the bikes and Wraith? Oh wow so fast.

Necron players are bad in general just like Eldar and Tau players.
>>
>>51963561

Got it, then i might as well run a retaliation cadre + a CAD with an ethereal and fire warriors + pathfinders i guess
>>
>>51963709
>>51963716

>For some reason Necrons love to move forwards
>Mobility lists destroy Necrons

Gee I wonder if securing the midfield to shut down people trying to outrange you is the first tactical thing you learn as a Necron player for a reason.
>>
>>51963709
Yep. Good players use this to their advantage every time. Even a good dark eldar player can completely annihilate Necrons.
>>
>>51962649
>It's supposed to represent the sorcerers of a single cult so you get a themed army.
The Sorcerer's can't even take 2/5 disciplines it offers in GW's version. It isn't thematic at all. Forcing all of the Sorcerer's to take the same discipline is a massive drawback, essentially forcing you to take Telepathy (since Biomancy is better on Exalted for melee, and they're better in one of the better caster formations).
>>
>>51963724

>Bikes and Wraith?

And scarabs, praetorians, ghost arks, teleportation relics, destroyers, infiltrating flayed ones, crossiants...

Necrons are super mobile for a tanky brick army.
>>
>>51963722
Is this trolling. I can't tell.

In case you are serious, and I haven't taken your b8. Go create one of these magical mobile necron armies. Come back and tell us how it went...
>>
>>51963716
SoB almost hard counter Necrons because they are simply better at the 12" range
>>
>>51963738

>Even a good dark eldar player

...Is only even a speedbump because can-openering six jinking boats is a joyless chore?
>>
>>51963772

>Go create one of these magical mobile necron armies. Come back and tell us how it went...

Amazingly well.

Have you even read their codex?
>>
File: 1488276426331.jpg (824KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1488276426331.jpg
824KB, 2048x1536px
>>51963737
>Using the same counter that everyone learned to counter more than a year ago works every time.

Cool tactical broseph.
>>
>>51963794

>Somehow misses "Is the first"
>Political trolling toad face bait man

Nice brain there friendo.
>>
>>51963764
SoB melta and Flamer counter everything Necron have that is the even funny

Since they have to get near it is even easier
>>
>>51963772
Ok, you'll do a 6th edition all comers marine list too then?
>>
File: 1486651825250.png (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486651825250.png
79KB, 640x480px
>>51963791
>B8ed

OK. You got me. I deserved it, I guess.
>>
>>51963812
Are you retarded? Where were we talking about 6th edition?

And for the record. I could make a more competitive 6th edition space marine list, than a mobile necron list, because they don't work.
>>
>>51963808

I'll take your word for it given that SoB players are rarer than gold dust, their codex actually looks fairly solid if wildly inflexible for varied list building and it's annoyingly hard to reliably pop transports as Necrons due to not really having much dedicated anti-AV.

That said, I feel I'd probably do better than the opponents you've been describing given how incompetent you make them sound.

(Gauss takes a -shit ton- of shots per hull point stripped, it works to supplement serious anti-vehicle, but all we really have for that is assault units and heavy destroyers).
>>
In fact, Sisters guy: Have you played against a well kitted out Destroyer cult? I'm pretty sure one of those would wreck your face with little options to counter it.
>>
>>51963862
I can field about 6 Immolators with TL-MM, 5 girls with HF+F
3 Immolators with 4 meltaguns + combi melta
3 Exorcist
Under 1850
You can't take my boxes down before I kill you with Necrons
>>
>>51963859
>Where were we talking about 6th edition?
When Necrons were kings, Between Jan 2015 and April when the first contenders (Eldar) arrives marine were still 6th ed codex.

Some genius then postulated than nope Necrons were getting whooped even then.
>>
>>51961939
Where do you live? I play tau. Ill fight you. If you are in oregon let me know.
>>
Tau codex sold out. Tau confirmed squatted.
>>
>>51963862

>their codex actually looks fairly solid if wildly inflexible for varied list building

Not who you are talking to but more or less exactly that.

SOB are cheaper than marines and Flamer + Melta has never been a bad weapon combination. They have some really good units (Dominions/Exorcists) and some mediocre units (Basic Battle Sisters are kinda meh)

SOB have, despite little support, never really been lowest tier. Just 'Unimpressive' rather than 'Bad' a lot of the time.

Well, ok. The lack of anti-air is really hitting them hard against some lists as they never got an option for that.
>>
>>51963890

Again, destroyer cult.

I'll admit, it's about the only serious counter though. Bum-rushing with a wall of assault units might work with dumb luck on the Necron player's side.
>>
>>51963341
>the Victrix Guard of the Ultramarines
this makes me curious
>>
>>51963892

Necrons were only super strong after their codex was first released, because it had strict unit allowances for the formations. That meant every necron player was taking pretty well the same things. Once people worked out how to counter that stuff, there wasn't much for the Necrons to do, because the codex doesn't have many strong variations. That lead to them dropping in the tournament scene.
>>
>>51962077
> "My wooden combat boots are too loose."
> "My standard issue daisies won't grow."
> "My tactical lapp hat doesn't have enough color."

All the Eurobros I met in Afghanistan were legit 10/10 would fight alongside again. Everyone has their own experience in a military environment, though.
>>
>>51963925
Add random Acolyte squad with 10 point Psyker behind Exorcist (16 points for 3 models that can hide behind a tank)

Prescience the bitches and drop flyers.

Unless the fucker brings 3+ flyers they are not a problem. Hell even TL-MM have 1/3 to hit the bloody things with S8 AP gets even more easy to do
>>
>>51963550
Monocrons are actually one of the worst armies in the game
>>
>>51963975
You're a month early.
>>
>>51963955

Outside of tournaments, Necrons are the single hardest army to build a casual list with. If people are playing crappy armies in a meta, Necrons are hard to tone down enough not to stomp.

Even Eldar aren't quite as bad because their good but not outright broken units need skill to be a pain in the ass. (Obviously their top stuff remains point and click brainless).
>>
>>51963975
>Monocrons

I'm sorry, but I've never heard that term before. What does it mean?

I am probably a newfag.
>>
>>51963930
If you list tailor I can do that too. Bring on the PE and DCA with Crusader
>>
File: Chapters.jpg (257KB, 1708x641px) Image search: [Google]
Chapters.jpg
257KB, 1708x641px
back when only 4 chapters existed
>>
>>51964011
I wish mods care enough to ban shitposter and spammers
>>
File: 1458483616166.jpg (430KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
1458483616166.jpg
430KB, 1200x839px
>>51964011
Back never
>>
>>51963992
Are you sure you're not mistaking what's happening with people making "cheese lists" for what are supposed to be casual games. I have beaten casual necron list with the strangest marine lists I could come up with. I once destroyed a necron army by taking as many terminators as I could.
>>
>>51964007

Not sure what PE and DCA are?

If you mean penitent engines, you aren't catching JSJ guys with move through cover and no rapid fire so no incentive to stay close.
>>
>>51964025

just not fail int this bait and report
>>
>>51964025
Report and hide.
>>
>>51964043

No I mean I am a Necron player in a casual meta, and I'm pretty much the top dog even though I switch my lists up constantly.

The tankiness and the codex having maybe 3 weak units makes it really hard to build a weak list.
>>
>>51963991
what's happening in a month?
>>
>>51964043
I once beat Tzeentch demons in two turns with a ork list made 7 minutes before leaving for the game.
>>
>Lords of the Chaos
>Req: Aba, Lucius, Ahriman, Kharn and Typhus
>The High Command: All five Lords can use or generate their own Warlord Trait. Units can take relic from any faction belonging to these five.
>The Champions of the Chaos: At beginning of each turn, you can designate one Lord. He can pick a bonus from Chaos Boon Table.
>Honor Guard: Each Lord can bring along a unit of up to ten marines of their faction(or Choose in Abaddon's case) with any upgrades, including Rhino, at no cost.
>End of the Thirteenth: Losing all five lords will award opponent with D3+3 victory points

Obligatory free shit formation, although to be honest i'm not sure how would you manage to play five of them without free shit out of Apocalypse anyway.
>>
>>51964046
Confused the destroy with the melee Necron crap.

In that case the normal melta spam works. You can't hide for ever against that

Hell even Retribution with HB could work
>>
>>51964011
Isn't that basically how it is now?
I mean

You've got codex dark angels, blood angels, space wolves and the vinnilla/ultramarine codex.
Every other chapter is basically just failed ultramarines.
>>
>>51964052
I keep getting warned for doing that.
>>
>>51964076

>In that case the normal melta spam works. You can't hide for ever against that

I'll be blowing multiple units off the table per turn then retreating. When you do get in range you'll need to chew through 2 wounds per model at 4+ cover 5+ reanimation, which isn't a very point efficient use of S8 AP1.

Normal Necrons are bad at transport popping, but destroyer cults treat tanks like paper.
>>
>>51964064
I don't know what to tell you then. I don't specialise in making weak lists. I would make recommend taking lots of base warriors, and minimum units of deathmarks, wraiths, lychguard... Maybe? The c'tan is over-costed. Take that and see how it goes.
>>
>>51964089
And Iron Hands, Imperial fists, White scars and Raven guard.
>>
>>51964071
That is a great effort. I've never been able to do that.
>>
>>51964119
Are you Tau? That you can hide after shooting or what?

Because if that spam of destroyers was any good the waacfags would be all over it
>>
>>51964065
I would also like to know this.
>>
>>51964071
Did the daemon player only roll 1s throughout the entirety of the game or what?
>>
>>51964140

>Are you Tau? That you can hide after shooting or what?

Yes. Destroyers are basically better crisis suits except for only having one rather than two guns.

Add in the D-cult bonuses and you reroll failed wounds/glances and get move through cover to remove any hesitance to hug ruins forever.
>>
>>51964140
Destroyers are jet pack infantry.

They are ok, but cost too much. That's why WAACfags don't use them.
>>
What is the most effective way to use the Kakophoni at sub-3k points?
>>
>>51964140

My 2000 point dual destroyer cult and nothing else list is undefeated. I only crack it out on request because to do otherwise would to be a total douche.
>>
>>51964181
In other words that anon is talking out of his ass and is turbo trigger by SoB.

Got it
>>
>>51964170
>Destroyers are basically better crisis suits

Wat?

Perhaps you should take a look at some of the weapon options available to crisis suits.
>>
>>51964181

>they cost too much

More like, they're merely slightly cheap for what they do rather than ultra-cheap.

Which is enough to deter WAACfags I suppose.
>>
So what can we expect form Emperor's Blade?

>AP2 Sx2 Armorbane, ID, Daemonweapon
>can be used in shooting phase to fire S5 AP3 Torrent big template
>>
>>51964202
Look. I've never seen destroyers against SOB. It might work. It might not.

As for the anon in question. He is most likely full of shit.
>>
>>51964206

>Wat? Perhaps you should take a look at some of the weapon options available to crisis suits.

Hey, two gauss cannons would be right up there with the best Crisis weapons. I already adressed their relative downside is they only have one gun slot.

And crisis aren't T5 with better-than-FNP.
>>
>>51961890
Crisis Suits can take three total items. If you take two guns, you have to choose between skyfire and interceptor. If you take 3 guns, you can only shoot two of them. If you want twin linked, you have to buy two guns.

Bodyguards get a little better for a higher cost, but they don't become troops under FSE.

Commanders can take as many personal relics as they like, it's true, but real blingmanders, while hilarious, are 500 points of counterintuitive wargear.

I feel like you lost to a Taufag because one of you didn't know their rules and you were cheated.

Arm yourself with knowledge or keep doing the blessedisthemindtoosmall routine.
>>
>>51964210
Yes, or that option too.
>>
>>51964206

Also I mean, did you seriously take "basically better except for" as "better than" because that is a serious lapse of reading comprehension.
>>
Do somebody have the mediafire link for the white dwarves archives ?
>>
>>51964134
>>51964168
Form what I can recall.

I took Turn 1 and then launched a Blitz brigade's worth of Killkannons and passenger guns before the first cursed earth.

A volley of traktor kannons later and his LoC was limping something awful

His flaming chariots hit my wagons hard in his turn, but then the Bullyboyz came out and snipped shit up.

He rolled a fair bit of 3's which meant missed shots and failed manifestations.
>>
Threadly reminder that Cruddace is utterly rectum-ravaged that fandex idiots made better Tyranid & Ork codexes than he shat out.
>>
>>51964219

Strength: user AP3
>>
>>51964263
Strength: user AP2
Fine for a Primarch statline.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>51964263
Spicy
>>
File: 30893_deathwatch-squad-selection.jpg (640KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
30893_deathwatch-squad-selection.jpg
640KB, 2048x1536px
Thinking of a Deathwatch List; how does this look?

Deathwatch Strike Force

HQ: Watchmaster w/ Osseus Key and Meltabombs 195pt

HQ: Librarian w/ ML2, Combi Melta, and Combat Shield 110pt Aquila Kill Team

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Xenophase Blade, Combi Melta, and Melta Bombs; Blackshield w/ 2 Lightning Claws; 1 Heavy Thunder Hammer, and 1 Frag Cannon 250pt Aquila Kill Team

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ Infernium Halo Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Extra Armor 205pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Storm Bolter and Powerfist; 2 Heavy Bolters 160pt

Transport: Razorback w/ TL Lascannon and Extra Armor 80pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist, Combi Plasma, and Melta Bombs; Blackshield w/ a Powerfist and Storm Shield, 2 Frag Cannons, and 2 Shotguns 355pt

Elites: Venerable Dreadnought w/ Extra Armor 145pt

>>
File: riptemplars2.png (528KB, 944x477px) Image search: [Google]
riptemplars2.png
528KB, 944x477px
>>51963920
>>
>>51964379
Fake news
>>
>>51964379
I don't trust GW, specially when they are doing the same shit that killed WHf
>>
>>51964343
Looks like you have lots of fun things to use in there. I worry that your model count is too low. If it's just for casual games, you should be fine.
>>
>>51963925

The only bad SoB unit is Celestians because they are 14ppm and are actually outclassed by then now elite Command squad that is everything the celestians should be.

The real problem with sisters is our utter lack of new toys that every army gets. We're still using the same shit we've been using since forever, and the sad part is that we can still hold our own against just about anything that isn't WAAC cheese.

Canoness is actually a solid character who would be better with built in hatred and slightly cheaper wargear. I love my Evicerator, but 30 points is a lot for S6Ap2 2h.

Command Squads are amazing versatility. Want some Multi meltas? Got it. Heavy flamers? Check. Power axes and plasma pistols? You bet! Combi-Plasma AND Flamers? Sure thing!

Battle Sisters are a bit plain, but do their job well having access to a Heavy Flamer in the troop slot is very nice. They can also still do double melta if needed, and have access to a heavy if you want an ObSec MM to camp out and shoot out of the immolator firing point.

Speaking of, Immolators are great and always have been.

Dominions are amazing with their ignores cover meltas.

Seraphim are overshadowed by Dominions but are fantastic at forcing tons of saves.

Retributers are overshadowed by Exorcists, but Rending makes them dangerous. Heavy bolters poke from afar, Heavy Flamers roast up close, and a rending Multi Melta can pen AV14 from 24" away.

Exorcists are the old classic of course.

These are all good units.
>>
>>51964343
Combat shield is not worth the points.

Storm bolter doesn't benefit from specialist ammo

Personally I wouldn't be mixing frag cannon with melee as you'll generally only get one round of shooting out of it.
>>
>>51964398

Warhammer Fantasy needed to die.

Anyone who says AoS isn't significantly better is either trolling or deluded.
>>
>>51964477

How's this look?

HQ: Watchmaster w/ Osseus Key and Meltabombs 195pt

HQ: Librarian w/ ML2, C ombi Melta and Digital Weapons 115pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Xenophase Blade, Combi Melta, and Melta Bombs; Blackshield w/ 2 Lightning Claws; 1 Heavy Thunder Hammer, and 1 Infernus Heavy Bolter 245pt

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ Infernium Halo Launcher, Hurricane Bolters, and Extra Armor 205pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 5 w/ a Sergeant w/ Powerfist; 2 Heavy Bolters 155pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist, Combi Plasma, and Melta Bombs; Blackshield w/ a Powerfist and Storm Shield, 2 Frag Cannons, and 2 Shotguns 355pt

>>
>>51962762
Space Marine Scouts.
>>
Is it time for Sisters of Battle? I just ordered half of this list.
>>
>>51964492
One of the many reason fantasy die was to armies getting bigger and bigger. With cheaper stuff point wise.

You can milk players for so long till they say fuck it
>>
>>51964540
Please tell me you order the banner because you like the model and because you think that shit is any good.

Also HB? On non Retribution?
>>
>>51964532
Sharper, infernus bolter has the same issue as the Frag cannon though, but manages to get of less shots.
>>
>>51964492
I don't think anyone would have said no to a major rules overhaul, but they destroyed everything players loved about WHFB. Being the regiment system and background.
>>51964571
Obviously, I realise it's a 10 points decoration to appease my autism. I might still change it to a special weapon I guess.
Also yes, they are supposed to hold objectives and not move. I'm gonna have a 4HB Retributor Squad in my 1,500 point list so I though I might as well start getting the models for it now.
Also because I love heavy bolters.
>>
>>51964219
The Burning Blade is literally in the SM codex.
>>
I also have amother version of my 1500 that sacrifices my melee squad and Librarian for a LRC and more upgrades everywhere.

HQ: Deathwatch Captain w/ Xenophase Blade, Grav Pistol, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, and The Tome Of Ectoclades 190pt

Troops: Veteran Squad of 10 w/ a Sergeant w/ a Powerfist and Combi Flamer; 2 Heavy Bolters 275pt

Transport: Corvus Blackstar w/ Infernium Halo Launcher, Extra Armor, and Hurricane Bolters 205pt

Heavy Support: Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi Melta and Extra Armor 265pt

>>
>>51964593
Want efficient SoB or just looks?
>>
>>51964673
Well those are the exact models I have, plus 3 flamers, so I'm kinda stuck.
>>
Where do I get those game board tiles that GW uses in their stores for AoS? The ones with the cracks in them that would make cool wastelands.
>>
>>51964697
They actually have like, $100(?), tile set boxes that come with 6 2x2' squares that can be arranged and painted how you want. I think that's what you mean?
>>
File: 1483500467796.png (100KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1483500467796.png
100KB, 600x620px
>>51964697
330$ on their website.
>>
>>51964687
Well the basic core of a SoB list is
2x Immolator with MM, BSS HF+F
2x Immolator with HF/MM Dominion with 4xmeltas
1x Exorcist

Then pretty much is add what ever crap you like
>>
>>51964728
Holy fucking shit someone needs to die for this travesty
>>
>>51964730
I might have added I'm taking two squads of 10 sisters because some dickwad bought all the immolators from the GW site. I know the "meta" is to have MSU in immolators.
>>
>>51964733
Don't buy it if you don't want it.
>>
>>51964737
Is not exactly meta. It is more of the most bang for your bucks any other thing beside that 4 core unites comes second.

You can replace the Immolator of the Dominions for a Repressors if you can find/buy/recast/make one or two.
>>
File: CONSEDORK.jpg (20KB, 176x173px) Image search: [Google]
CONSEDORK.jpg
20KB, 176x173px
>>51964728

is there any cheaper alternatives besides just using a game mat or a table
>>
>>51964443
I can attest to the toughness of sisters, i was playing ynnari against them and started to sweat slightly. But seriously, celestine can rape a whole squad by herself, exorcists av 13 on the front suprised me, and there was so much fire.
>>
>>51964845
Make your own?
>>
Anyone used the BoP Custodes or Sisters of Silence for anything? Was considering grabbing BoP for loads of bitz for Mechanicum conversions, mostly weapons.
How'd they do? I kind of want some kind of awesome bodyguard squad for my Cawl counts-as Archmagos Biologis when he's done, so some Praetorian servitors using Custodes weapons and rules might be fun. Was thinking two Spear Inc. Sarge, two Storm Shield and the Vexilla.
>>
Why exactly did GW stop selling Quake Cannon craters?
>>
>>51964845
You could always do it yourself, with polystyrene is pretty easy.
>>
>>51964856
I'm planning on swapping out the heads for some sisters of silence and running them as SoB. Main roadblock there is finding meltaguns for them.
>>
>>51964864
Because GW is ran by numpties.
>>
>>51964845
Secret weapons miniatures does a more varied slightly cheaper version, but their site is buggered atm.
>>
>>51964802
Isn't "most bang for your bucks" the definition of meta?
Unless you mean actual, literal bucks. I kinda stopped caring about spending lots of money when I started a Sisters army.
>>
>>51964920
We'll to be Fair buying SoB Rhinos is a waste of money. Just get Immolators. It has enough extra bits to cover up the turret hole in case you want to run Rhinos.

Pro tip don't buy from GW just go for a recaster

Trying to buy SoB shit from GW is just annoying if not insulting
>>
>>51964492

Warhammer Fantasy was 40% of model line profits in 6th. Anyone who doesn't think it was easily salvageable with competent management of the line is trolling or deluded.
>>
>>51964443

>Canoness is actually a solid character
It's a very monobuild HQ, I find.
Anything other than Eviscerator, rosarius & mantle of Ophelia doesn't really work because S3.
Though priest buffs make the above configurations a complete meter monster.
>>
>>51964613
Special pistols on MC usually seem overcosted to me. Either he'll be seeking melee or he will be shooty.
I don't know how DW works but I would specialize shooty squads and melee ones.

Corvus is great and Dread too.
>>
>>51964883
Can't you just use all of the Marine ones from BoP? Or get some of them from the GW site
I will say that that SoS armour Duncan did a tutorial on is sexy, I'm totally using that bronze for my Titan Guard and Robots, paired with bone, probably.
>>
File: 2017-02-28 19.05.17.jpg (1MB, 1912x2039px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-28 19.05.17.jpg
1MB, 1912x2039px
>>51964981
I'm not going to buy recasts
Also I just had a half-assembled Rhino hull laying around so I got the doors from the leftovers from my immolators and exorcists and made one.
>>
File: image.jpg (419KB, 1216x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419KB, 1216x958px
So Cawl is actually pretty impressive if he can compress dreadnought technology into just a bulky suit of power armour that makes the user have weird proportions.
>>
>>51965029
Maybe a Power Maul for that impressive I4 or Power Axe for S4 Ap2 extra attack

That's about it regarding the variations.

I miss the jump pack cow.
>>
>>51965075

Good news, you can take three jump pack canonesses for 200 points.
>>
>>51965096
Not the same. Not the same. Specially with the retarded no AoF situation.

(I still use it regardless is not like anyone cares or knows)
>>
>>51965125
>retarded no AoF situation.

What's that?
>>
>>51962015
You get to fire two.
>>
>>51964845
> 3/4" plywood, 4x8 sheet @ $24
> bag of cheap sand for texture @ $3, or free if you're by a beach
> contact cement @ $12, plus a free high if used indoors
> paints, around $20

It's not super cheap, but if you're handy you can easily make a board. You'd need a table, though.
>>
Aight guise so this is my list for competitive, gotta say that I'm pretty happy with it. Some anons pointed me that Celestine can just join Imperium CADs as HQ but I've not found anywhere that says so.

I don't know if I should swap the Dark Talon for a Nephilim Jetfighter to have good AA, though I lose bombs and rift cannon in the process.

++DA CAD++
>HQ

Libby lvl 2 Telephaty, Force sword, Desvalles Holy Circle, auspex.

Saint Celestine

>Elite

Command squad, apothecary, 4 gravguns, sacred standard, 1 storm shield

>Troops

2 10 man tac squads with grav cannon, plasma gun and combi-plasma

>Fast Attack

3 bikes with attack bike, 2 meltaguns, 1 multimelta, melta bombs

Darkshroud with Hbolter

Dark Talon

++Oathsworn detachment++

Imperial Knight Paladin w/ Icarus autocannon
>>
>>51965062
Well, I'll need more than just those, since Dominion squads are very kept a hungry, and I plan on getting two of those. Plus I am buying most of these second hand so I don't need the full box.
>>
>>51965185
And other non vehicle/Mc gets to fire one.
>>
File: admech2.jpg (109KB, 680x846px) Image search: [Google]
admech2.jpg
109KB, 680x846px
Pathetic chaosfag here, I've kinda missed out so if you can spoonfeed me and tl;dr what the fuck is going on with chaos (space marines to be exact)

That would be nice. Lore's not important, rules and the likes are. Lore's just nice to have on the side. Like fries.

Have questionably SFW content as thanks.
>>
>>51965174
If a model that does not have AoF or WH joins a unit with AoF it prevents that unit from using AoF

Since new Celestine does not have an AoF when she joins a unit with AoF that unit can no longer use them.

Hence the "New Celestine is not a SoB" meme
>>
>>51965231
Traitor legions released, giving you bunch of rules if you want to play various Legions. Some are bad, some are good, some are really good.
>>
File: 1481885341627.png (349KB, 400x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1481885341627.png
349KB, 400x1482px
>>51965189
>>51964845
>>
>>51965231
I'm a pathetic pervert and I can't decide between drawing lewd Sisters of Battle or painting my Sisters of Battle.

From what I heard Chaos Space Marines aren't doing anything different, lore-wise. Abaddon blew up Cadia and is going to go for Terra, apparently. You can get Traitor Legions expansion to run the likes of Thousand Sons and Death Guard, so I guess C:CSM is for pathetic renegadefags?
>>
Okay I'm baffled, are the fallen chaos marines or not?
>>
>>51965310
Some are, some are not.
>>
File: IMG_1962.jpg (1MB, 3326x2366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1962.jpg
1MB, 3326x2366px
>>51965266
Celestine and Greyfax porn when?

Use my unpainted psykers as inspiration
>>
>>51965345

Okay, so why are the non-chaos ones running about?

Also, on the same note, is there any credibility to claims I've heard that the Alpha Legion might be either closet loyalists, or engaged in an endless shadow war between their chaos and closet loyalist members?
>>
>>51965374
Oh, you're THAT guy.
>>
>>51965380
Because the Dark Angels execute everyone who was on Caliban at the time of the Heresy.
>>
>>51965251
I gathered.

>>51965266
Why not do both to honor the dubs you got?

I did some research myself Browsed trough GW's webshop
Black Legion: Traitor's Hate is pretty much 6th ed C:CSM updated. And then The codex supplement traitor legions is p. much useless for me because the table of contents on the website didn't strike my fancy, except for the updated disciples but those can be pirated anyway

Thank you both for assisting. Have more questionably/borderline SFW material.
>>
>>51965382
Jelly?

I got another set yesterday. It seems like the original package that got lost in Italy founds its way.
>>
>>51965380
Non-chaos Fallen might have followed Cypher when he betrayed the First Legion and started taking actions sanctioned by the Imperium.

Nevertheless, it seems that their motives are good and the "loyal" fallen are working in the shadows for the good of mankind. Dark Angels are bitter and want to hunt them all, loyal or not.

We don't fucking know about the Alpha Legion tho. Might be working as a double agent inside the chaos legions to destroy them from the inside, or that might just be an act.
>>
New thread when
>>
>>51965380
They all followed Luther so all were scattered due to weird warp stuff in Legacy of Caliban
Many realised they were duped by Luther and just tried to live quitely
However Luther is now being written as involved with Typhon so some must have become lodge types and some probably scattered into chaos areas
And then there were those who went full chaos anyway
And then there are the astelan faction which we don't know whether he went chaos or just independent wanker
>>
>>51965450
Make one.
>>
>>51965416
Traitor legions is vital as it lets you build legion armies
It's the basis for competitive chaos - mostly due to death guard on bikes or alpha legion shady shit
Wtf were you when this came out months ago? Getting raped in man camp in Dakota?
>>
>>51965426
No, I just know I won't feel bad if I never draw Greyfax and Celestine lezzing it up.
>>
I mean, do the Dark Angels even realise they'd have saved themselves a lot of bother if they'd just admitted they had a rebel schism?
>>
>>51962018
Must be a solid b or d. Ideally near 36 but take your pick really.
>>
>>51965496
I was doing other stuff.
I've been out of warhams entirely for a while. Y'know busy with stuff.

Anyway this is all semi-new information for me. Thank you for the spoonfeeding.
>>
>>51965545
They would have gotten purged (maybe) by High Lords, cuz this is the Imperium and either you are 100% pure and cool or you deserve to die.

Or maybe it's part of their knightly traits and shit, and being "the First Legion" they want to be better than anybody and anyone, and admitting some of them went rogue would destroy that image.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 739x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 739x1023px
Any news on whether we're getting any rules for the Fallen along with Ol' Two Guns McGraw?
>>
>>51965070
Does Bobby still have real legs?
>>
>>51965441
The Alpha Legion splintered into different cells, each with their own agenda; roughly a half are traitors (not necessarily chaos, some are) and the other half are loyal. One of their primarchs wanted to end humanity to kill the chaos gods, the other wanted to stop chaos by fighting it, so that's why they are the way they are.
>>
>>51965659

The overall proportions, his head to his torso, the layered torso armour, the tiny hand coming out of a jumbo-pauldron and his Tonka toy legs, plus a side by side comparison to his 30k model?

I would say all visual evidence points to him having one arm and no legs left.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if GW indicate he somehow has legs impossibly fitting in there.
>>
>>51965626
Not sure, but boy do I hope so!
>>
>>51962402
>>51962018
Pff, small fries
>>
The fallen curry favour with Gulliman and the High Lords, start calling themselves the Dark Angels.

The green guys are declared a sucessor chapter and given the official name "The Green Guys" without their consent, throw a bitch fit.
>>
>>51965070
Would hope that he'd be THAT good. He's one of the oldest living people in the entire Imperium and one of, if no the oldest, Archmagos in the entire AdMech. 10k years of practice should be enough to learn a few good things at least.
He even fitted every single officer in his personal army with Master-Crafted weaponry. That alone is probably more expensive and difficult to achieve than arming a Space Marine company for war.

>>51965626
No announcement yet, but they're pictured with him and every faction represented in Gathering Storm got something new in addition to their character.
>>
>>51962018

I know RPG discussion isn't entirely on topic, but I once played a Sororitas in Dark Heresy (Ascension) who I randomly rolled physical traits for. The GM ruled that bust size was determined by potential max fellowship and toughness plus a d10 roll. I rolled a max, which ended up with two feet of breasts protruding from the chest.

I don't even know what cup size that would be, I just wanted to share a silly story.
>>
File: DSC_4801.jpg (156KB, 768x662px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4801.jpg
156KB, 768x662px
>>
>>51965828
Sitting on a whole bunch of unpainted BoP marines, going to wait to see whether the Fallen get rules before I paint them as an army I can use in 30k and 40k would be dope. If not it'll be DG...
>>
>>51965878
Oh god why?
>>
Tau codex no longer available, why aren't you guys arguing over if they got squatted, 8th of the Emprah soon memeing, or biyching about hypothetical buffs a new codex just MIGHT give them?
>>
>>51965845
Why? Just why? You make tit Psyker anon look like a sane and normal individual
>>
>>51965942
Because all I really want is advice on lists and how to run units I like, but whenever I ask I get perhaps one answer--and then no answer to my questions for furthur detail--so I'm more or less giving up on this general and trying to muddle my own way through this, even though I know it's going to end up with me getting frustrated and quitting 40k again.
>>
>>51965942
No one cares about Tau, not even Tau players.
>>
>>51965951

To be honest, about 60% 'fuck it, shits and giggles roll' and about 40% 'just roll with it'. It was for a one shot anyway, so why not, y'know?

Also, tit Psyker anon?
>>
>>51965951
Tit psyker?

You mean psyker level = breast size?
>>
The variety of Dreadnoughts kinda baffles me in the face of the 1 million space marines in the Galaxy figure. I mean, some of the other sheer variance of equipment is also baffling, but I guess chapters can be overequipped and change gear between campaigns, so let's focus on the dreads.

The ultramarines seem to have about 20 dreads, two to each company. If that's the case, and they're a super well equipped first founding chapter, then it follows that there are -at most- 20,000 dreads in existence, likely far less.

So I mean, how many of those are Contemptors? How many are the even smaller subset who are Leviathans or Deredeos? Is it remotely reasonable for some 20th founding nobodies to have non-boxy dreads?

I run an all-dreadnoughts, drop pods and occasionally support tanks 2000 point list. How special snowflake is my chapter?
>>
>>51965835
>>51965835
New thread
>>51965835
>>51965835
>>
>>51965979
>>51965982
Look at >>51965374

A couple of thread ago some anons got trigger by the models. Tit Psyker anon was simply not a USAfag Protestant scare about the human body. Saying he was from a Latino culture so the entire tits and bondage situation even by women was dismissed as just toy soldier models with smaller tits than them.
>>
I dislike the Tau from a lore/fluff perspective in terms of how I feel about them. However I wouldn't get rid of them from 40k, I think they're a good adition to the universe.

I've always liked mechs and the Tau have cool battlesuits. Every now and then I'll have Tau units alongside my Inquisition and Imperial Guard army.
>>
>>51966031
Thanks for not putting a title on the thread like a total fucking faggot.
>>
>>51964263
>not str user, ap 3, soul blaze
its liturally on fire brah
>>
>>51965380
> Alpha Legion might be either closet loyalists,
from their actaions in the heresy its VERY possible that half the legion fell, whilst the other half stayed lloyal. by the 41st mellenia they are a fractious bunch of individual cells, some of which are closet loylaists, some are totally for chaos, some just dont care anymore, and some are a mix of the above. There main dig is being a secrative bunch of plotters, so its basically impossible to know what the brothers orginally wanted for their legion. Personally, i like the oidea that alpharius was the traitorus one, and omegon stayed loyal, but thats just me.
>>
>>51961815
I hate them because anything that uses mechs with two feet are inherently stupid.
>hey! Let's build a war machine that can't use heavy armor because all that weight focused on two feet would cause it to sink up to its knees on anything other than rough ground! AND we'll have to give it stupidly over complicated gyroscopes just to keep its balance AND if anyone shoots it in the knee the height of the mech will cause it to crush the pilots compartment like an elephant tripping and breaking its own skull!

>Wait I'm not done! We'll give it a massive profile so it can't take proper cover like real combat vehicles that go hull-down! And when it fires any gun larger than an autocannon we can expect the thing to stumble from the recoil!

It like earth caste scientists are geniuses creating nifty gadgets and earth caste engineers are children playing with autocad
>>
Novel dump in the OP is getting pretty behind. Anyone know where to download Carcharodons: Red Tithe? I've been looking on and off since it came out.
>>
>>51961984
For me it's more
>I spent weeks painting this army and now something badass is happening on the tabletop. I would totally take a picture and make it my desktop...IF ONLY YOU HAD PAINTED YOUR MARINES!
>>
>>51966013
I'm building an Iron Hands army and I really like Dreadnoughts too. I also like terminators but fortunately dreads count as heavy support for IH.
Like in your case I'm kinda unhappy with the flavor of my army since it seems quite unfeasible in the lore. Having 3 or 4 dreads seems too much even in the case of 60-70 marines I believe.
Thread posts: 468
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.