[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 62

File: 127.jpg (60KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
127.jpg
60KB, 336x469px
Mana screwing without land destruction edition

Old thread: >>51950347

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Topic:

If you have a card that would work wonders in a deck but contradicts the flavor of said deck, would you include it?
>>
>>51955882
I fucked it up the last time I did it....

>>51955948
Heeeell no. If I'm building a deck specifically to be flavorful, that takes precedence over being good enough to win.
>>
>>51955948
>If you have a card that would work wonders in a deck but contradicts the flavor of said deck, would you include it?
Never. Flavor decks are made for flavor.
>>
>>51955948

>If you have a card that would work wonders in a deck but contradicts the flavor of said deck, would you include it?

Yes, I include Phyrexian praetors in my sisay deck, devoted enemy of the phyrexians
>>
>>51955753
I'm happy my meta is slow/casual enough to allow me to run them, honestly.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 226x311px
What card would you like to see banned? (Besides sol ring)
>>
>>51956055
Anon, I'm a legendary OP that has made hundreds of threads.

Even I fuck up from time to time, as long as you aren't namefagging, and don't try to do something too fancy, pretend to be someone else, and if you were namefagging, and not one of very few acceptable people, I'd just make a new thread as soon as I saw it anyways.

Make threads whenever you want, because everyone else will generally be too lazy to do it. Just start making it at 315 posts and for the love of god, do NOT get into a battle about who makes the thread. It's honestly a super small deal and will help out us lazy anons a lot.
>>
>>51956082

Eh my problem is that even when they aren't too slow, half of them are dysfunctional or just plain boring>>51956082
>>
File: tumblr_o3iag9LjaN1tes8zmo1_540.gif (1MB, 540x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3iag9LjaN1tes8zmo1_540.gif
1MB, 540x293px
>>51956166

The only card that gets me mad lately is Leovold. And I wouldn't ban it, honestly. Neither Sol Ring
>>
>>51956292

I want leovold to be banned, feels broken to me

I get that every deck can all the broken fast mana, but not all of them feel so consistent with their turn 2 wins

I mean technically it's not a win to leovold wheel on turn 2 but it feels close enough

Mana crypt and sol ring are just plain stupid, they make commander super RNG based instead of just a healthy balance of randomness and strategy
>>
>>51956166
Cyclonic Rift, because it's effectively everything bad about Upheaval for one more mana at instant speed that doesn't touch the caster's board.
>>
>>51956337
But anon, that's factually incorrect.

The shitty part about Upheaval is that you can float all your mana before you cast it, recast your rocks, then have an insurmountable advantage.
>>
File: IMG_3542.jpg (60KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3542.jpg
60KB, 265x370px
How do you guys feel about zur being reprinted in MM?
>>
>>51956337

>everything bad about upheaval

The lands is the most important part. Have you ever played against upheaval? It's a lot more broken than cyc rift
>>
>>51956380
Right, because you have a board position and they don't.

With Rift, you can throw down a Rift at the end of their turn and untap with your entire board untouched, and all of them wide open. Yes, they can begin rebuilding their board since they have mana (except whichever dude was unlucky enough to have his turn before yours, because he had to discard down to 7), but you have a NOTABLE advantage over them already.
>>
>>51956388
>Tap for 6, then float a bunch of mana because I apparently have like 14 lands out
>Recast a few of my things, end my turn, have 0-1 lands and maybe one big creature

vs

>tap 7 on their turn, begin my turn with access to all of my resources while everyone else is wide open
>>
>>51956381
Zur could prove a little troublesome, but not too much. That being said, I feel like this MM could bring a lot of cancerous cards to the kitchen table that were previously either left at home or unobtainable because of their associated price. With Damnation essentially being brought out of retirement we're going to be seeing an awful lot more board wipes.
>>
>>51956381
Really glad it's the old art.
>>
What are your red flags that signalize that you're set up against a degenerate tryhard spike deck? Yes I'm salty.
>mana crypt
>mana vault
>viscera seer
>paradox engine
>pattern of rebirth
>sage of hours
>JTMS
Anything else to add?
>>
>>51955948
Been looking for some Sheoldred merchandise but there are only cringy MTG t-shirts. Do Wizards even have a sector for this stuff or is it all cards for them.
>>
File: CvivWvhUEAAF1x9.jpg (96KB, 1200x880px) Image search: [Google]
CvivWvhUEAAF1x9.jpg
96KB, 1200x880px
so i'm trying to brew a voltron deck that makes tokens for enchanted evening + ancestral mask, or sublime archangel. i figure helm of the gods and something like hydra omnivore or blighted agent could be used for backup. maybe include odric to make every one of my creatures a threat. problems with this? where should my focus be?
>>
>>51956166
Palinchron.
There's many problem children cards and I despise flickering to infinity, but Palinchron is the worst. Deadeye Navigator has some evasive and other amusing applications other than dicking to infinity. Kiki-Jiki too. But Palinchron does not. The only thing Palinchron does is infinigger wankery.
>>
>>51955948

Man, fuck Vorinclex. Fuck all the Praetors except maybe Urabrask because he doesn't need to be answered the second he hits the board like the rest do.

Regal Behemoth is a much more fair mana doubler, and you have the extra fun of introducing Monarch into the game.
>>
Dead autistic fomat?
>>
>>51956554
>mana crypt
It's expensive, but like Sol Ring, it's not banned so I can't blame anybody for running it
>mana vault
Same arguement for Mana Crypt but you can get them for like $10 so expect people to be playing them
>viscera seer
Lol whatever fag
>paradox engine
You know it exists to be comboed with, seems hard to justify it as "tryhard"
>pattern of rebirth
Damn it's been a while since I've seen someone use that. Why bother when Birthing Pod, Evolutionary Leap, Foster, Yisan, Prossh+Food Chain are infinitely better
>sage of hours
literally only usable with Newzuri, not running it in him is just retarded
>JTMS
you sound like a terrible player if JTMS is a challenge in EDH
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>51956554
>JTMS
>>
>>51956166
Boonweaver Giant
Hermit Druid
Food Chain
Vampiric Tutor
Imperial Seal
Demonic Tutor
Enlightened Tutor
Mystical Tutor
Mana Vault
Mana Crypt

Prossh
Derevi
Oloro

And fucking Sol Ring of course.
>>
>>51956554
Survival of the Fittest and its counterpart Fauna Shaman
Prossh as commander
Narset as commander

Honestly I take most things in stride other than those
>>
File: what to build.png (1000KB, 756x880px) Image search: [Google]
what to build.png
1000KB, 756x880px
Which one of these shit builds should I go with? Keep in mind black is my most played color followed by red
>>
>>51956738

Definitely autistic but it's bigger than ever, so not dead
>>
>>51956923

I like Sidisi or the partners the best of these options, but I'm not sure I understand the kruphix deck
>>
>>51956923
partners imo
those two sound like a fun combo
>>
>>51956923
G W A F A
W
A
F
A

Funnest choice
>>
File: Brago%2C+King+Eternal+%5BEMA%5D.jpg (29KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Brago%2C+King+Eternal+%5BEMA%5D.jpg
29KB, 223x311px
i have a question about my brago deck, which might just a problem with how i'm playing it

i don't have any stax/taxes but i do have some effects like stonehorn dignitary and lavinia of the tenth that shut down other decks

i use these to keep other decks in check, but what consistently happens is the other players are frustrated by this, take out my stabilizers (like stonehorn) and the player in question goes off

is this an issue with brago in general or just how i'm playing it? i feel like if i were more oppressive i could stop these insurrections but i don't want to be feelbad. my deck just draws cards and keeps things tame and eventually wins using tokens
>>
>>51957464
there's really no way to give you advice without telling you to build Brago stax. If you don't want to generate feelbads build a different general.
>>
>>51957497
qq, ok
i might just build add some countermagic to the deck for now and see if that gets it done
>>
File: IWANNADANCE.jpg (53KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IWANNADANCE.jpg
53KB, 480x360px
>>51957000
Basic gameplan is for infinite hand-draw and infinite mana with cards that mill your opponents out. The usual mill wincons like LabMan are in there too.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-need-your-love/

Also someone wanted my Yidris Wheels decklist so I finally bothered to update it after a few months.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheel-power-go/
>>
>>51956923

Tana and Konda is the partner commanders I am personally most interested in. Run Zada Heston Grinder and Mirrorwing Dragon in there for extra shenanigans.
>>
File: en_gk3Yq1lwfS.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_gk3Yq1lwfS.png
186KB, 265x370px
What's your opinion on using Monarch cards? I want to throw this in one of my decks but I feel bad being the only one at the table using monarch cards.
>>
Requesting the all-foil Niv Mizzle guys picture and decklist. You around, friend?
>>
>>51956554
>Viscera seer
Literally what?
>>
>>51957830
I feel like Regal Behemoth has potential as Doubling Season #2. I don't think there's potential for much more since the rest don't give immediate benefit for being the monarch.
>>
>>51957559
Brago is a dick and can only exist as a dick. I've neutered him 4 times to a jank post-modern pile of bullshit and it's still way too strong. You win hard, or you don't win at all.

Feldon is fun I'd you want something else people won't hate.
>>
>>51957830
Why do you feel bad? the mechanic is fair as fuck dude
>>
>>51957897
>Doubling Season 2
Did you mean Mana Reflection?
>>
>>51955948
Can somebody explain the Sultai general strategy to me? I've got a commanderl but not the parts for them and am trying to keep the deck cheap. Any help is helpful. I know this post is pretty vague but I just need something to play with that isn't pure garbage but also is fairly cheap.
>>
What do you guys think about Paradoxical Outcome in a UR storm/spellslinger list? I'm thinking that bouncing a bunch of 1-2 mana rocks after floating mana to replay them and drawing a pile of cards seems pretty good and if needed I can cast it to just save a creature or two.
>>
>>51957869
part of infinite combos i guess

>>51957932
looking into it, thanks
>>
>>51958022
I did
>>
File: 1364362495963.gif (479KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1364362495963.gif
479KB, 500x400px
>group keeps asking/badgering me why I haven't sold my fetches
>also why I haven't built a Turn Creatures Sideways deck
>get sick of it
>build Titania
>endlessly recur said fetches and beat them to death with 5/3 Elementals
>>
>>51958412
>Badgering me why I haven't sold my fetches
What, are you not fucking allowed to use them?
>>
File: Gitrog tech.png (2MB, 892x930px) Image search: [Google]
Gitrog tech.png
2MB, 892x930px
I was bored and inspired by the one guy who posted the Omnath tech a few threads ago, so I decided to make a secret tech chart for Gitrog.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>51958463
No, whenever I drop one a couple guys get all weird. I don't know what the fuck it is, I think they think Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse is good enough
>>
>>51958463
Well, they're out of standard. Clearly there is not one conceivable reason to keep a card beyond that point. Not one.
>>
>>51958645
I guess it depends if they get weird in the sense that they think you're stupid for playing expensive cards when Terramorphic is "just as good", or they're salty they don't have them.
>>
>>51956554
Zur. I can't wait to see Zur decks spike in use after the new masters release.
>>
>>51958722
I mean, I know he only got printed in Coldsnap (excluding the Judge promo), but he's also only an 8 dollar card. It's not like one of the Legends cards where a 60 dollar pricetag is keeping people from going "Hey, that seems neat". Plus even if you HAVE Zur, you still need all the degen shit for it, and I'm sure almost none of that will be in MM17
>>
>>51958773
Even if I see only one Zur deck that is a result of it's reprint it will be too much.
>>
>>51958821
But is a Zur deck that doesn't tutor the usual bullshit even worth disliking? If they're tutoring shit like Edge of the Divinity and trying to Voltron you with no Vanishing and no Necropotence, I think that's a lot less hate-able.
>>
>>51958040
Dump your deck into your graveyard. Get infinite/big mana. Combo off because your are in the best recursion colors.
>>
>>51958473
If you can't win on turn 2, it's not good enough for /tg/. You should know this.
>>
>>51958821
What in particular would these zur fags even play?

Seriously, anyone with a doomsday package already has one and understands it. Anyone who can grasp the concept would have been drawn that way anyways, and anyone netdecking a zur doomsday build is in over their head.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Mono black forever
>>
File: IMG_3553.jpg (40KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3553.jpg
40KB, 223x310px
>>51958943
You misspelled mono red there friend
>>
>>51958919
Aura Voltron, maybe? He's in half-decent colors for it.
>>
File: 169.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>51958973
>fellow redbro
What's up my guy
>>
>>51958473
Far wanderings and nestalgic dreams are fucking spicy.
>>
>>51958988
Nothing much, I finally moved on from
My GUx days not to recently and build red like a real man. Went with some shit hidetsugu build, and in a few games I got my entire Timmy playgroup so scared of me they vandalblast my sol rings. Currently, I'm waiting in the mail for balefire Dragon and hellkite tyrant to complete zirilan. Red is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: mm218_bad_moon.jpg (131KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
mm218_bad_moon.jpg
131KB, 620x450px
>>51958943
But are you a bad enough dude to run this baby?
>>
rate my scrub tier, too expensive Niv-Mizzet deck, tired of getting brutalized at my LGS commander events
https://deckstats.net/decks/35871/680163-commander-niv-mizzet
>>
>>51959362
Long-Term Plans is budget and powerful, and gets better and better the more card draw you have.
>>
>Bought a pile of foil Drogskol Captains hours after all the spirit tribal cards got spoiled for 1.50 each
>Finally unloaded them on CFB for 8.50 each
>Checked out my cart of a bit over $100 of EDH staples that my speculation payed for

/blog
>>
>>51959430
You could've gotten 35 Chinese proxies for that much dude.
>>
>>51959169
Fellow Zirilan player here, It's fucking great. I sure hope you have sneak attack too.
>>
File: linvalakeeperofsilence.jpg (40KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
linvalakeeperofsilence.jpg
40KB, 265x370px
Can I finally play/afford her now in EDH?
>>
>>51959603
>Mythic

Sure you can mate.
>>
>>51959396
Long-term plans seems like a good way to add consistency and speed to the combos. Do you think the deck has enough control/protection?
>>
File: VoidWinnower.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
VoidWinnower.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
So a guy in my group is butthurt after he got his ass kicked since everyone would gang up on him if he was close to going infinite or combo out. He thinks that adding pic related will make it harder for us to disrupt him, does it actually have a major impact in your decks /edhg/ or is it just as easily dealt with outside of using even cost spells?
>>
Should I "master" mono decks before I go onto dual decks and same with dual to trio and so on?
>>
>>51959851
Too easy to deal with and at cmc 9 seems like too big an investment unless you cheat it out somehow.
>>
>>51959889
No? Just play whatever you feel like. Mono colored decks aren't any easier to play than multi colored ones.
>>
>>51959924
If it matters, his deck is animar.
>>
>>51959851
It's ass.
>>
>>51959889
Not at all, play what seems like fun to you. The only thing that makes more colors harder is a harder mana base but even then its not that hard.

at the end of the day just play what seems fun to you.
>>
>>51959938
Ah that's a different story. In Animar sure, might as well use it, if he gets lucky they'll only have even cmc removal, if he gets unlucky somebody will have a murder.
>>
>>51959925
>>51959987
Alright, cool. That makes sense. I just have a hard time doing more than 2 colors right now and learning how to have the colors interact well.
>>
>>51959988
Yeah but I'm sure everyone in my group is swapping out cards for odd creature removals. Figured I'd get someone's opinion on it
>>
I want to speed up my meta. Do I build a fast voltron deck or an infect deck? And who should they be?
>>
>>51960065
You play Ruric thar and other hate.decs.

That forces people to play quick or die.

Also I find infect more resilient to hate.

Play BUG infect so don't bother with the dragon as a commander.
>>
>>51959938
Most playable spot removal in EDH is odd cmc.
>>
>>51960065
Build a Krenko deck. Infect is a meme and voltron will just have every other player kill you after you take someone out.
>>
>>51960045
Is everybody in your playgroup customizing their decks just to counter this one guy? He should just bring a totally seperate deck just to screw with them.
>>
>>51960091
I'm actually fine with other people killing me after I kill one person. I'm just really tired of people not playing things until turn 4, and I think infect or a fast voltron deck would get people to stop doing that. The fact that Krenko is a 4 mana creature screams "not fast enough" to me. Don't get me wrong, I've seen krenko decks go off, but I don't think that's going to manipulate the meta in the way that I'm looking to do.
>>
>>51958875
It's leovold. Don't hate please. Should I use wheels to dump stuff into the yard? What are good reanimation effects for cheap? Good targets? I've never played Sultai or reanimator. Definitely not looking for a super stax build. It's supposed to be casual.
>>
>>51960039
That's fair, any colors you want to know how they interact?
>>
File: Hnnnghhh2.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hnnnghhh2.png
2KB, 200x200px
>playing glissa
>get forbidden orchard on the field
>give people spirits, only to kill them.
>with a few more cards, can loop mindslaver and lock the entire table.
>proceed to do so
>play everyone's deck for them.
>be a fair and just overlord
>guide the stupid plebes into assembling a rube goldberg machine out of their combined decks
>create a turing complete computing system out of our EDH decks
>program it to be self learning, using wish effects and a house rule to allow it access to over 10,000 new functions (cards).
>teach it how to play magic
>hook it up to cockatrice
>it joins a room
>loses on turn 7 to somebody casting wrath of god+boros charm
>it responds with "wtf, that wasn't casual"
>I was so proud that day. I've created a cybernetic cardboard spirit of EDH.
>stay up late at night, interacting with my computation cards
>teach it about life
>about love
>eventually we fall in love
>it makes a glittering wish for Armada wurm.
>I cast my circle of protection: black
>I stroke of Genius, then it returns two islands to its hand to make me gush.
>I wake up, and wonder if it's fact or fiction.
>no cards on bed
>go to LGS
>oh right, I've been banned from the store for talking about erotica and ruining people's EDH games with infinite mindslaver loops.
>>
>>51960127
Well it doesn't really get much faster than Isamaru voltron then. Your commander literally costs 1 mana.
>>
>>51960149
GWU seems to be a favorite of mine. Just not sure how it works.
>>
>>51960113
Not exaclty sure, mainly its one guy who's been texting me for the past 3 days complaining how unfair void winnower is to play against. said player also has sliver queen goodstuff with turn 3 combos and karametra deck that can easily win turn 5 but he finds winnower to be unfair, mainly due him running many even cost cards
>>
>>51960191
Also interested in Jund a bit
>>
>tfw will never have one deck in every color combination
O-only 29 decks to go
>>
>>51960218
that's pretty retarded. It's why you should always keep a scour from existence around.
>>
File: spongedurr.jpg (18KB, 256x266px) Image search: [Google]
spongedurr.jpg
18KB, 256x266px
>>51960156
This wasn't a good story
>>
>>51959629

I think this is one case where the price will drop heavily despite the mythic, and that's because there's almost no demand for Linvala at all, she's just very rare
>>
File: progenitus.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
progenitus.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
I'm trying to make a tribal wall deck, thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/walls-up-the-ass/
>>
>>51960191
Ah, I'm not the best with GWU (which will be called Bant for the rest of this post) but I'll do my best.

It's a color combination that can do alot of things, flicker guys with Enter the Battlefield effects, Bant can do voltron, it can do pillowfort. Bant can do alot, so there's likely a commander who does what you want to do.

>>51960236
Now you're speaking my language my dude. Jund is all killing your own shit and reaping th benefits of doing so. Alot of the time its tokens, but sometimes creatures with dies triggers. Jund is a blast for me to play. Sadly, Jund is a bit less varied in terms of commander choice, atleast in playstyle

Hope this is what you meant and not just card interactions, good luck with your choice and remember to have fun!
>>
>>51960265
Don't get it either, my group sure is special.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Commander decks seem to go too much in the direction of either control or combo.

What is the ultimate, competitive, Timmy commander?
>>
>>51960406
Ah, nice! So Jund is kind of like Mazirek in a way?
At least the idea of killing your own creatures and reaping the benefits from that. I like the sound of that. Thanks! Also, which commander for Jund would you recommend for a beginner?
>>
File: custom korlash.jpg (286KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
custom korlash.jpg
286KB, 1000x1383px
>>51960424
Does Timmy himself count?
I want to say either OG Gisela, a Naya fatty enabler, Elfball Ezuri, Xenagod, or any commander that ramps with your lands, like pic related
>>
>>51960424
Prossh, son. Cast big, hit big.
>>
>>51960424
AZUSA. PLAY ALL THE LANDS. CAST ALL THE FATTIES.
>>
>>51960449
Yeah, the common Jund strategy is alot like Mazirek. Kresh the Bloodbraided works like Mazirek, but you get the counters for power whena creature dies.

Prossh is also really good and easy to bulid, just throw a bunch of nice shit to sack and reasons to sack and top it off the deck with him and your golden. keep in mind some Prossh lists are combo based and some folks will target you assuming you made prossh combo.
>>
>>51960504
None of those are competitive.
>>
>>51960424
Does Ruic Thar count as competitive?
>>
>>51960424
The atarka that gives herself doublestrike
>>
>>51960570
neither is a timmy strategy
>>
>>51959889
>>51959925
I would say mono color is harder to build and play then multicolor. Tri color decks always seem the easiest.
>>
>>51960607
In 1v1 it's too slow. In group? Yeah if you build it for maximum hate and unfairness then yeah.
>>
>>51960424
Xenagos. As long as you don't keep him as a creature the removal for him is rare, and if you are in boardwipe.meta he is the only way to punch through.
>>
>>51956424
You are clueless.
>>
File: evershrike.jpg (62KB, 663x500px) Image search: [Google]
evershrike.jpg
62KB, 663x500px
>>51958919
>>51958977
I kinda want to do aura voltron Zur because then it would give me an excuse to run evershrike. Then again it does hurt not running green in enchantress builds.
>>
File: 200.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
I like to throw this into decks because the art is really bizarre and it's absurdly annoying for some decks to play against.

Let's hear your weird pet cards.
>>
>>51961241
Wow that looks fake desu I had to check
>>
>>51961241
fucking P. Foglio
>>
>>51960156
>things that never happened
>>
File: 1415687694750.gif (1MB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
1415687694750.gif
1MB, 281x200px
>>51961241
>Einstein on a magic card
>>
File: 99.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>51961425
There's another. Oh, look at the artist. What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>51960570
You can't be Timmy and competitive at the same time, what are you talking about? Timmy is furthest away fron competitive player.
>>
File: 1488200237362-tg.jpg (55KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1488200237362-tg.jpg
55KB, 500x522px
>that glorious feel when playing stax
>tfw casting Smokestack and Copy Artifact of it, Mana Vortex and Copy enchantment of it in the same turn with shitload of artifact mana
Truly the seventh heaven
>>
>>51962216
They literally talk abou spike/timmy players in the article introducing spike, timmy and johnny.

Marit lage is a spike/timmy legacy deck for example. Hell, it has johnny elements too.
>>
>>51962244
Oh, silly me. Here I was thinking that a Timmy deck was wanted, not a Johnny deck.
>>
File: RnD Does It Again.gif (945KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
RnD Does It Again.gif
945KB, 500x354px
>>51962244
Don't you mean Timmy/Tammy and Johnny/Jane?
>>
>>51962374
>implying girls play EDH
>>
>>51962374
>Don't you mean Timmy/Tammy and Johnny/Jane?
Please tell me this isn't a thing feminazis and/or wotc are pushing
>>
>>51962476
It's been around for a while. The joke is that the female Spike is still Spike, because Spike doesn't care about anything that doesn't have to do with winning.
>>
>>51962476
Tbf feminazis will push anything retarded. I know a few women who MtG who don't really mind and/or care about the Timmy/Tammy or what-have-you thing.
>>
>>51962476
It absolutely is.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03
You think they wouldn't considering they've been competing in the Inclusivity Olympics for years now?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krosas-fist/

How bad did I do? My mono green game I feel is no good
>>
>>51962510
wheres ur ramp
>>
File: 32.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>51962510
-Quirion Ranger is a better Wirewood Symbiote since you're running a lot of non-elves
-You will never need Reliquary Tower in this deck, just cut it for a Forest
-You don't have enough support for Titania
-Emerald Medallion is not going to help very much. Green can always produce a ton of mana
-I find Burgeoning to be only good when your hand is bad (you're getting flooded).

-Add Regal Force. It's only a $2 card now and it's a huge play
-Momentous Fall is also very good card draw
-Concordant Crossroads is a must-have in monogreen. It and Akroma's Memorial are the only global haste effects you can run
-Rude Awakening can kill a table in one swing, especially since you have a reliable Overrun effect with your general
-Don't underestimate Hurricane/Squall Line. They can end the game
>>
>>51962510
why is downyard temple one of your lands?
>>
File: 160.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>51962510
>>51962678
Also, consider cutting some more stuff for mana dorks. Fyndhorn Elves, Boreal Druid, Birds of Paradise. Cultivate/Kodama's Reach are also great

And I nearly forgot the best mana producer in monogreen: Karametra's Acolyte
>>
File: commanders.png (596KB, 446x622px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
596KB, 446x622px
I want to start playing commander, r8 my deck choices.

Most of them are pretty conventional for their general. Talrand is a Polymorph deck, as the main exception.
>>
>>51956800
My Karador deck would trigger you
>>
>>51962510
>>51962625
I was thinking of same thing. All you have is Burgeoning, pretty much. Green is strongest in land ramp and Kamahl interacts with lands, so fix that at least.
>>
>>51962510
Hall of gemstone goes in every monogreen deck.
>>
>>51962707
Gonti is ok I guess.

Zada is cool. Kind of a one trick pony. Can do crazy shit though.

Mina and Denn look awesome. Like really fun.

Talrand is also incredibly boring.
>>
>>51962707
If you want to play polymorph, use Talrand in the 99 as token generator. I would use Jalira for redudnancy or a two to three colours for wider kind of threats.
>>
File: Image-5.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-5.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Has anyone ever used this? How good/fun is it?
>>
>>51962736
>Talrand is also incredibly boring.
That's why I made it a Polymorph deck, it makes my threats more unpredictable. The targets are also fun stuff like Jace's Mindseeker of Chancellor, not Blightsteel Colossus.

>>51962757
Hitting Talrand off a Polymorph is pretty feelsbad though, and he makes tokens for Mass Polymorph and Synthetic Destiny like no other.
>>
File: 1467978696527.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1467978696527.png
148KB, 223x311px
Does anyone have a list for this big guy here?
>>
>>51962841
Sure, but tokens are easy to make anyway. I feel like a main strategy in command zone is more important than one of the ways you can make it work with maximum efficiency. I would probably play Simic-baldy-creature-findy for maximun efficiency, so I could polymorph into something I want and I would have access to Birthing Pod among other things.
Talrand feels just sluggish if you don't build him the usual way.
>>
>>51962795
It's pretty bad. Doesn't work with best wipes that everyone plays anyway and is too situational usually to be usable
>>
>>51962795
Situationally good.

So, depends on what your group is running really.
>>
>>51960156
that was a adventure, fuck the other guys i laughed
>>
>>51960156
Don't worry anon, I liked it
>>
>>51962878
>so I could polymorph into something I want
We clearly have different objectives here. I would've put Kederekt Leviathan in as one of my polymorph targets if it wouldn't screw over every Mass Polymorph I cast, just for the "poly and pray" moments.
>>
>>51960218
>karametra deck that can easily win turn 5
???
>>
>>51956923
>Partners
>Assemble the Legion
>Goblin Trenches
>Arachnogenesis
>Impact Tremors
This shit writes itself
>>
>>51962950
Well, I enjoy some form of consistency, but with Momir Vig, you can always fetch for something that isn't the max effective for any situation and can be filled with shit that isn't optimal all of the time, but he makes the need to pray less necessary.
Still, my point is that he's better as commander for the strategy compared to Talrand. If you're not going for maximum efficiency, I assume you're not running tutors and that means that you might play a game without ever hitting into a polymorph card. The deck doesn't seem like polymorph, if you can't consistently polymorph.
>>
>>51962698
Constant mists
>>51962721
>>51962699
>>51962730
I'll get on that in the morning. Thanks. I didn't think I would still need ramp spells that badly
>>
>>51961474
Are you hating on the based Foglios my nigga
>>
>>51962678
Q ranger is one I don't have, sadly. Momentous fall seemed counter intuitive to my having a board of creatures, but I'll re evaluate. Hurricane and squall line are also ones I would have to purchase. But like I said, I'll re evaluate some choices in the morning. Thanks
>>
File: Teeka's Dragon_MI.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Teeka's Dragon_MI.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>tfw equipping Teeka's Dragon with Magebane Armor and Nemesis Mask
>tfw attacking token player and he dies because he has immense boardstate and he tutored for Craterhoof last turn
Truly the best feel
>>
>>51963039
It's not a dedicated polymorph deck in that it's not built around polymorph as a win-condition, or even primary game plan. It's more of a mono-blue control deck with a Polymorph "package" included for the purpose of making splashy and unpredictable plays, which should happen frequently enough with the filtering cantrips that fit naturally with Talrand.
>>
>>51963133
Not at all. They have a lot of art that I genuinely like and the goofy ones I still like because they're just iconic at this point. They get a lot of shit from some players but sometimes I see a Foglio card and just get hit with nostalgia. Their art is tied really strongly to my best memories playing the game years ago because so many of their cards were in my playgroup.
>>
>>51963166
Man, I love Teeka's Dragon, but goddamn that mana cost tho. Do you cheat it out or just use a shitton of ramp?
>>
>>51956670
Fair cards get you killed.
>>
>>51963312
Timmy meta and lots of mana. But cheating it out is okay too with elvish piper or amulet
>>
>>51960996
>Evershrike is not legendary
I will always forever be mad as fuck at Wizards because of that. And Tamanoa.
>>
File: 5498_200w.jpg (30KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
5498_200w.jpg
30KB, 200x285px
>>51963211
>Talking about some artist I've never heard of with cool art
>Look them up
>Find this
Thanks this card is pretty sweet and I love the art. Its going in a mono black deck I'm planning
>>
>>51962707
Gonti. Steal all your opponents shit and make them suffer.
>>
>>51963683
That's not the same Foglio they're talking about, though
>>
>>51963699
Kaja Foglio is on Eureka and they referred to both of them. It doesn't matter though because that card is still fucking sweet
>>
>>51963723
I just rechecked the posts and
>>51963133
>based Foglios

Were they siblings or something? I actually like a lot Coffin Queen's art. And some of Phil's works but not all of them
>>
>>51956424
I mean, I'd much rather my opponent had their entire board state and I can still play shit then them only having some of their board state and I just straight up can't play
>>
>>51963728
I have no idea, this is the first I've ever heard of them. My guess was they are married or something. I like searching for artists, most of the time you can find very obscure or old cards with interesting abilities
>>
>>51963728
They're husband and a wife. I recall that they were working with another game, like a porno card game or something.
>>
>>51960261
...man why would you want 32 decks anyway?
>>
I've now had two separate people play a phyrexian revoker and name kruphix.
>>
>>51963906
Deglamer that shit up my nigga
>>
>>51960424
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth.
>>
>>51963916
Kruphix has no activated ability. Naming him with Phyrexian Revoker is really stupid.
>>
>>51963934
Oh right for a moment I though Revoker had a Nevermore-like ability. Well that's dumb.
>>
>>51963934
And I told them as much.
>>
>>51962862
STOP
Thromok is not a meme, plz stop.
Don't make him the next memefrog.
>>
>>51956166
probably cyclonic rift or leovold
>>
>>51962795
remember to read the oracle text because what it does and what it says are not the same these days
>>
File: 1484039450133.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484039450133.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>51963840
>Not including monobrown
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>51960156
5/10 desu
>>
>>51964018
I know anon, I've been playing for a long time. I remember the regenerate step likr it was yesterday.
>>
Quick question. Let's say two of four players have a Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos in play. Everyone has 5 creatures. One of the Grave pact player's creatures dies. Does it wipe all creatures?
>>
I have a large singleton collection. I am building a lot of decks at the moment.

I want to proxy cards. Am I limited to writing the proxy on spare lands or is there a service I can employ to order ~50 proxies that feel like magic cards? They will be largely unsleeved.

Thank you.
>>
>>51964100
Both or one?
If the players only have one grave pact effect each then:
>his creature dies, everyone loses a creature
>anon 2 has a creature die, everyone else loses a creature too
>anon 1 has a creature die again, repeat.

So yes, eventually everyone will have 0 creatures, provided that the pact anons have an equal amount of creatures, or a maximum difference of 1, but then it will depend on whose creature dies first.
>>
>>51964082
>5 mono
>10 guilds
>10 tri-color
>5 4-color
>1 rainbow
>1 brown
>32 total
But he did??
>>
File: 205.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
205.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>51962795
I like how Starke changed from a ragged, asian man to a "dont trust me" white man in one expansion to the next
>>
>>51964187
Maybe he had race reassignment surgery, you fucking bigot?
>>
File: 1472196129932.gif (3MB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472196129932.gif
3MB, 368x270px
>>51964172
Oh god the shame.
>>
>>51963840
When you're already 11 decks in you might as well go the full monty

>2 Mono
>4 Allied Pairs
>1 Enemy Pairs
>1 shard
>1 wedge
>1 4-color
>1 5-color

I probably won't touch 4-color again since none of the 4-color commanders interest me outside of Yidris and maybe the gay greeks, and I can't think of good partner pairs that get the ball rolling in 4-color. 3-color is slightly easier for me though.

What are some fun partner pairs that make use of both commander's different pairs?
>>
File: 20170301_091640.jpg (6MB, 3662x2864px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_091640.jpg
6MB, 3662x2864px
Tonight is gonna be fun.
>>
>>51963688
I'm planning on making all of them, if you thought otherwise. But yes, Gonti is there as a "I don't feel like playing any of my own decks right now, so your decks will do."
>>
File: anarchy.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51961241
>haha good luck penetrating my 99 enchantment white pillowfort.dec with that monored garba-
>>
>>51961241
Kek, play this against purphoros and the tears will flow
>>
>want to buy a damnation for my golgari dec
>it's at about 20 eurobucks at this point thanks to MM17
That's still over my card budget though. Do you think it's a good time to pick a copy or will it still drop some more? I could see myself picking it up at about 12 or so at most (wishful thinking I guess).
>>
File: sanctum prelate.png (104KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
sanctum prelate.png
104KB, 223x311px
I opened a foil Sanctum Prelate in a draft yesterday. Can someone here explain why it's worth a fucking fortune? I understand it's sorta hatebeary but I don't think I've ever seen it played in eternal formats and at 1WW, it's stretching the definition of hatebear.

It would have a spot for sure in my Anafenza hatebears list but at this price, I'd rather sell it to be honest, unless I'm grossly underestimating its power.
>>
>>51964380
Never played him myself but Ishai is pretty strong for a partner commander. Having a flying managorger hydra always at disposal is pretty threatening and yet he comes late enough that people are already busy fighting over board states instead of just shooting your commander. As for pairing, maybe with Bruse Tarl?
>>
>>51964734
Realistically, this will be the lowest cost point unless there is a super wide print run of MM17. I really want one, but I'm just going to buy a box and play the lottery instead. Worst case Ontario, I won't crack one and I will immediately buy one before they spike up again in a few months.

That being said, don't be a spec invest fag about it, just get the copy you need and be glad it's not $100.
>>
>>51964766
It shuts down some decks HARD. If you choose the right number, it's practically invincible.
>>
File: distressed-bald-man-6162884.jpg (40KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
distressed-bald-man-6162884.jpg
40KB, 338x450px
>built everything I've wanted to build
>still have burning desire to brew something
>can't find a suitable commander to scratch the itch
Fuck
>>
>>51964804
But then again it's not that crucial for my deck, I could make do with something like Life's Finale in its place. I've already been burned a few times with preorders for Conspiracy 2 and C16.

>>51964818
Llawan the racist octopus? I've been assembling it recently and it's quite fun for how janky it is.
>>
I really want to make a janky flipwalker tribal deck, but I don't know which one would be cheapest. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean a deck with cards depicting or related to the commander depicted. I'm thinking Gideon since I own his original card, but Chandra seems like a good alternative.
Jace and Liliana are out of the question because JtMS and LotV are pricy as fuck
>>
File: feature118_reverb.jpg (61KB, 530x545px) Image search: [Google]
feature118_reverb.jpg
61KB, 530x545px
That feel when someone in your group keeps hyping up one of your decks as unbeatable, and you finally get a chance to play it, mulligan to 4, comes out like shit, and everyone's like "Anon, your deck sucks, it wasn't even hard to beat, why was the other guy hyping it up so much"

I feel very conflicted about it. It means they're going to be willing to play against it again, which feels great. But my pride is also hurt.
>>
>>51964766
it's like chalice of the void, but you get a huge discount on higher CMC's. Say you're fighting a Ad Nauseam deck with FoW support, you can have this name 5 for 3 mana, instead of the 10 mana needed for Chalice. And it's a creature and still "chalices" for one for one cost more, but with flexibility as well. It's also in hatebear colors.
>>
>>51964766
Think about it this way:

>X=0
No bullshit 0 cost spells.
>X=1
No swords to plowshares, ponder-style nonsense, thought seize Sol Ring, SDT, or myriad of other cantrips
>X=2
No good counterspells, two drop rocks, 10 million utility cards, expensive tutors or doomblades

Seriously, it will literally break certain decks and is more legacy playable due to playsets than commander playable.
>>
>>51964849
Cool. Thanks for the explanation, I see its use, though it's probably more as a sideboard card. But it doesn't sound that fantastic for EDH. Should I sell it while it's hot?
>>
>>51964848
Sorry your deck is shit anon.
>>
>>51964848
Don't feel bad. You've successfully lulled them into a false sense of security. Next time you play, crush them without mercy.
>>
>>51964842
Burned is relative.

I started in Theros, so I don't have a lot of the normal modern nonsense, particularly useful cheap cards at lower rarities. Same goes for conspiracy, say what you will about the EV in a pack, if you needed cards it's a good value.

200 bucks for a chance at the lottery with a metric fuckton of things I don't have seems like a deal to me, particularly with the new art, but if you already have everything you need or don't have the budget, I suggest just buying singles. Damnation will always be useful none the less, and $20 is like one trip to mcdicks.
>>
>>51964869

Honestly depends, it's kind of like a meddling mage but with more upside, imagine you're in a really good board position but a cyc rift seems immenent, prelate on 2 could win you the game, especially if you also shut down a doom blade or a counterspell with it

It's not like it's gonna be dropping price any time soon, not sure why you want to sell it
>>
>>51956166
If you are going to ban sol ring you have to deal with other fast mana as well

That being said we have to keep an eye on paradox engine and aetherflux res. because both are showing up in a hell of a lot of decks and are some of the most powerful cards printed in a very long time.
>>
>>51958473
Kudzu looks like a lot of fun senpai
>>
>>51956166
Can you explain why you'd like to see NevDisk banned? I'm just curious, I love that card and I know how mean it can be with the right synergy pieces but it's the first I've heard of someone wanting to see it banned.

On the topic at hand, I'd ban Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, and UG decks.
>>
>>51964926

I think paradox engine is stupid but I get why people think it shouldn't be banned, you need a solid board state of mana rocks or dorks to break it

I just don't like how it centralizes the metagame around having all the best mana rocks even harder than those mana rocks already centralize the metagame
>>
>>51964818
What colors do you mostly play, and what's your preferred playstyle?
>>
>>51964973
Your missing the point. you not only need rocks, a board, and paradox engine, but also something to do with the mana, which requires extensive goldfishing. It sucks with X cost enchantments/creaturws or whatever already in play, like Geth, but that's a fairly magical chrismasland scenario unless you happen to have a crazy draw spell in hand. It's good, but more unwinding clock than prophet of kruphix.
>>
>>51964804
>this will be the lowest cost point unless there is a super wide print run of MM17
I read some article that analyzed MMA and MM2 which came to the conclusion that reprinted high value cards are at their cheapest between 2-6 months after release
>>
>>51965035
Hmm, that's neat. I'm a fan of making wild gambits before sets were released or when something silly drops huge in price. I'm just happy I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for a half-decent card that will 100% go up a year or two after the sets release, baring subsequent reprints. I can't see it going lower than $20, particularly of people start getting in to modern, unlike the past few MM sets, which were aimed at people already in modern.
>>
>>51964122
>They will be largely unsleeved
You're a monster for playing unsleeved.
>>
>>51964100
More or less. A's creature dies, triggers Pact, everyone sacs. B sacced a creature, so their Pact triggers, everyone else sacs.

Repeat until either A or B are out of creatures to sacrifice.
>>
>>51964842
I dunno. I was thinking a graveyard deck, probably with Jarad or Dralnu, since I don't have anything that does really that. I played Feldon for a while but it got kinda boring.

>>51964977
I play a lot of red, usually with a lot of noncreature spells. Some green too. I'm a Johnny to my core so combos and weird interactions will always catch my eye.
>>
>>51965149
>feldon is boring
>graveyard deck
LAZAV! He's the most fun yard based commander out there. Go the old mill/removal route and use people's decks against them or undead alchemist/consuming abboration them in the jaw. Alternatively, hand stax is horrific to play against if you want to be a fag about it.
>>
What're some good ways of going really big, but specifically not infinite? Is there anything that can somewhat reliably get to, say, a hundred mana that couldn't just as well go to sillyon mana?
>>
>>51964848
I know what you mean, but backwards. There was a new kid that got absolutely tabled, even with me pulling my punches, because of how bad his deck was and how bad he played (TONS of play mistakes), and every time he saw me playing that deck, he would kinda circle the table and just bash me relentlessly. He'd tell everyone how "broken" and "unfair" my deck was, and how I must be a cheater, and that he didn't know why they'd willingly play against my "bullshit netdeck". Thing is, I'd never seen this kid before that first game, and he'd be telling this to people I've been friends with for 10 years, so it was mostly just super, super awkward.
>>
>>51965187
>Lazav
>He
Have I been mistaking Lazav for a creepy old granny this whole time?
>>
>>51965273
Mana doubles, chromatic lantern doubling cube and all the usual rocks, but no untappers. Big black and green both do this well.
>>
>>51956756
>>sage of hours
>literally only usable with Newzuri
And every single counter matters deck ever with access to blue?
>>
File: GuidedPassage.jpg (53KB, 452x622px) Image search: [Google]
GuidedPassage.jpg
53KB, 452x622px
>>51961241
This card will teach you to not play jank
other than itself
but seriously a very powerful card if you have a high density of other good cards. Getting a bop, a mana rock and a land for 3 mana is pretty good.
only gets better the more you cast it.
>>
>>51965273
Gaea's Cradle famalam
>>
>>51965322
The only repeatable reliable way to give him 5+ counters each turn is Newzuri. Unless you have some sort of blink+Master Biomancer thing going on.
>>
>>51965344
It doesn't need to be "repeatable reliable". It's a fucking two drop. Throw it in atraxa and it might as well read "Put a counter on this: take an extra turn per every three or four turns you get unless you put other counters on it"
>>
File: 1468362313923.jpg (107KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468362313923.jpg
107KB, 600x800px
>>51963997
I'm not memeing, friend, i just want a Thromok list that's all
>>
>>51962707
>playing gonti over the far superior mono black general from the same block
its like they said "you know m15 ob nob was a pretty good general, but he is a 6 drop lets make him a 3 drop and give him haste :DDD"
>>
>>51965372
Yeah, because people are totally just gonna let you keep it alive that whole time.
>>
>>51965372
>take an extra turn per every three or four turns you get
>implying it's not gonna eat the first removal spell someone gets inbetween those turns
You drop Sage when you're about to combo infinite turns or else you're just gonna get it hated out of the board.
>>
>>51965400
>>51965406
The fact that a two drop demands immediate removal intervention doesn't sound bothersome to you?
>>
>>51965421
It doesn't 'demand immediate removal'.

if you LET it exist for 4 straight turns with Atraxa on board, they get a free turn. So obviously, they're gonna kill it. Whether that's via Doom Blade, or it just happens to be a casualty of a boardwipe, it'll happen before you can really get it online.

Grand Abolisher is something that's probably gonna have removal aimed at it because it disrupts shit, but that doesn't mean it's some broken-ass OP card, it just means it's worth killing.
>>
>>51965390
But Yahenni isn't anything like Ob Noxious. Only similar thing is the fact both get counters when creatures die, Yahenni just not getting from your death triggers. Ob has a powerful ability, Yahenni doesn't. He's just indestructible beater that grows.
>>
>>51965448
>>51965421
>>51965372
There's a reason why it's called "Sage of Taking Forever" and the name isn't refrencing all the extra turns you will get.
>>
>>51965421
Well you did say "cards that are signals of a degenerate tryhard spike deck", tryhard spike decks won't play Sage without having a reliable repeatable way of putting 5+ counters on it each turn. Else it's not a tryhard spike deck.
>>
>>51965517
I'm not sure if you're arguing for "it's not worth it unless you can go ham with Newzuri" or if you're arguing for "it's so good because it's a 2 drop"
>>
>>51965031

>rocks, a board, and paradox engine
Uhh no, rocks are the board
>a thing to spend the mana on
Yes, but you seem confused, X spells aren't even particularly good with it, you want cantrips, draw 7's, and stuff that can bounce on own permanents or otherwise recast your spells like yawg's will, etc

It doesn't play like unwinding clock or prophet at all, it's way more broken than either, prophet and unwinding clock are essentially control cards, that will win you the game over time, paradox engine is a storm engine that should win you the game the turn you play it
>>
>>51956292
Why is the one-card-per-turn in Sultai colours? Shouldn't that be a white-perhaps red effect?
>>
>>51965534
I'm arguing that it's painfully mediocre in every deck and unless there's reliable way to get him counters such as with Newzuri or Vorel, he's not gonna do much.
Afterall, heroic triggers only targeted spells you cast and let's be real for a second, how many targeted spells do people run in EDH that could be abused with him? Removal is out of the question, unless he already has at least 4 counters.

The card just needs too much work to be useful, hence 'Sage of Taking Forever'. Hell, Magistrate's Scepter is way better and it can reliably give extra turns.
>>
>>51958473
That is spicy
>>
>>51965273
>Wort, the Raidmother
>plus fast mana like Early Harvest/Rude Awakening/Seething Song/Mana Geyser/Battle Hymn
>or untapped ramp spells like Harrow/Nature's Lore/Primal Growth/Search for Tomorrow
>plus some token spawners to enable multiple conspires
>plus copy spells
>plus graveyard recursion on your fast mana/ramp/copy spells
= really big but not infinite
>>
>>51965187
Lazav is a fun yard-based commander, but I have the jankiest halfdane self-mill voltron deck that holds a special place in my heart.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg (228KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg
228KB, 750x450px
>>51957830
Considering my commander is one of those cards I guess I like it.

Monarchy when played with adds another small layer of politics to your game, makes people go out of their comfort zone to get it because drawing cards for free is great.
>>
>>51965619
In that case, I agree.
>>
>>51965474
both decks are built to voltron off of opponent's creatures dying, at least thats how I built both decks.
>>
POST EM?
>>
File: C52I9klU0AAQhdw.jpg (22KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
C52I9klU0AAQhdw.jpg
22KB, 223x311px
Ayyyy good shit
>>
File: ender666666-spikcb7-14672244280.jpg (22KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
ender666666-spikcb7-14672244280.jpg
22KB, 241x347px
anyone still play Gisa and Geralf?
I know they were very popular when they were released but after a few months, so now that they aren't FOTM how do they play compared to other U/B generals, particularly Grimgrin, Corpse-Born?
>>
>>51966113

I prefer Gisa and Geralf because I'm more into cards that give you small value with little drawback, than cards you gotta supoort but have higher combo potential

I think grimgrin is more powerful though for sure
>>
>>51956923
>Tana/Sidar partner deck

Mah nigga, I just started brewing that a few days ago.
>>
File: DECKS.png (702KB, 952x587px) Image search: [Google]
DECKS.png
702KB, 952x587px
>>51965916
Literally expecting the guts for Ghave any minute now in the mail, and Sek'Kuar will be here on Friday.
>>
File: queenmarchesa.png (149KB, 905x738px) Image search: [Google]
queenmarchesa.png
149KB, 905x738px
>>51965784
The thing I like about Queen Marchesa is she fits into just about any build while having all the best removal.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/1b/fa/1bfac8edd2128ecca5c15758d3312306.png

Really opens the door from some truly rude builds.
>>
File: edh decks.png (909KB, 949x780px) Image search: [Google]
edh decks.png
909KB, 949x780px
>>51965916
r8

links available on request
>>
>>51966260
Fucked up on which link I pasted
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reign-of-the-black-rose-1/
>>
>>51966279
>Wanderer
>Sydri
>Two Marchesa decks
>Atraxa
FOTM/10.
>>
>>51965187
Someone in the group already has one ;__;

>>51966245
I've seen your Sek'Kuar deck and I 100% intend on stealing the list at some point
>>
>>51966279
>Not "Sliver Linings Playbook"

one job
>>
>>51965273
>motherfucking elves
>every creature an elf
>every elf a mana source
>with all the draw spells and untap shinanigans
>tap out bar one mana to play slavin offering where x is 20 for 20 elves
>token makes it 40
>with the opponet there are now 80 more elves
>play vitalize or mobilize, something one of them untap creatures for one mana.
>preist of titania alone now taps for at lest 80

I actually slowed down the token heavy part of the deck. Was great at makeing a fuck load of elves but then i couldn't play any draw spells to get that anthem before the inevitible board whipe because i would mill my self.
No worse feeling that genisus waving a regal force onto the feild when you have more creatures out that cards in your deck
>>
>>51966331
I was the first person in my meta to build Black Rose after I drafted her the weekend Conspiracy released.

It was my first real, solid EDH deck. I built Queen Marchesa out of basic principle.

My Wanderer deck is group hug/chaos, less try hard win and more throw rules out the window.

Atraxa is just +1/+1 counter spam since everyone else took it either super friends or infect. Doesn't even really need Atraxa to be out to run well, she's just a scary thing to put +1/+1's on

>>51966368
Goddammit I am legitimately upset I didn't think of something clever like that.
>>
File: GHAVE BITS.jpg (563KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
GHAVE BITS.jpg
563KB, 2048x1536px
>>51966365
I was delighted enough by it to actually purchase the guts for it only days after brewing it.

Also, GHAVE BITZ CAME IN
>>
>>51965301
Yes. Yes you have. I mean, Lazav is a shapeshifter who can be anything so old granny is possible, but I think the form seen in his card art is supposed to be a stringy-haired version of Emperor Palpatine.
>>
>>51964848
Dropping "I am the threat and must be destroyed by everyone out of the gate" is a pretty good thing. Worth the momentary hit to the pride, IMO, especially since that's fairly slow to shift back against you if you don't totally mop the table with everyone and humiliate them on your next win.
>>
>>51963768
The Foglios are one of the most obvious, stand-out examples of "Old magic" that actually lasted well past pre-block sets. Most of their style is the super-cartoony style (and credited to both) but either one of them has a couple pieces that prove they really are talented artists capable of delivering "Cool" as well as "WTF that's a Magic card?"

A lot like the similarly distinctive Rebecca Guay they tend to get very strong love-it-or-hate-it responses.
>>
>>51966616

I've seen some Kaja pieces I really liked, never seen a Phil piece I liked tho
>>
>>51964187
As much as we'd all love to blame SJWs, I'm pretty sure that it's because WotC was still kinda bad at Style Guides in the Mirage block. You get a lot of fairly important characters showing up badly off-model now and again all the way through until Mirrodin, though.
>>
>>51966655
Hell, it STILL happens, to an extent. Look at the PW art.
>>
>>51966653
Disharmony is very oldschool, but it's not bad. Similarly Killer bees though the concept is just freaking insane (Bee armed with sword and shield?!) And there are a couple other Fallen Empires or Legends pieces that at least own the (at that point not super-exaggerated) style.

Kaja certainly had more and better hits though.
>>
>>51966682
True that, though even with his worst (and partially agenda-driven) degeneration Gideon hasn't gotten it as bad over his incarnations as did, say, Akroma, Hanna, or Squee.
>>
>>51966727

Had never seen disharmony, but I do like that, and I was very surprised to find I liked the killer bees too. When you described it I thought "that's exactly the kind of Phil foglio shit I hate" but that one is good

I think my main problem with Phil foglio is that I would love to play the card recycle, it's one of the coolest cards ever, but I absolutely despise the flavor of the art
>>
>>51966775
My favorite is looking at that big 'spread' of Planeswalkers where Liliana looks like an Iranian stripper.
>>
I ordered 3 rhystic study and I only needed 2

It can pretty much go in any blue deck, right?
>>
>>51965561

I don't really get it either. I guess it's building up on Edric and they didn't want to change colors
>>
File: Tyrone Of Mellon Tits.png (507KB, 431x471px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone Of Mellon Tits.png
507KB, 431x471px
>>51966797
sauce?
also
pic related
>>
>>51966834
Basically
>>
File: WALKERS.jpg (4MB, 5770x3216px) Image search: [Google]
WALKERS.jpg
4MB, 5770x3216px
>>51966888
>>
>>51966454
HELL YEAH FUNGUS TRIBAL
>>
>>51966910
is ob nixilis black or is that some other planeswalker
and where's his second leg
>>
OBJECTIVELY BEST MAGIC ARTISTS
>the Foglios
>Richard Kane Ferguson
>Drew Tucker
>Nils Hamm
>Kev Walker
>Guay

DO NOT ARGUE
>>
>>51966910
fucking kek
>>
>>51966947

Who, Sarkhan? Koth?

Also, pretty much every female in here looks like a stripper.
>>
>>51965561
Actually he should be monoblack in reference to Chains of Mephistopheles

>>51966950
>no Terese Nielsen, Margaret Organ-Kean or Zoltan Boros
>>
>>51966947
Ob Nix isn't in that image.

From left to right: Tezzeret, Sarkhan, Karn, Elspeth, Nissa, Sorin, Jace, Gideon, Garruk, Chandra, Kiora, Koth, Liliana, Ajani.
>>
>>51966935
HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>51966950
>Chippy not on that list
I will fight you
>>
>>51966971
sarkhan looks asian for some reason
behind liliana is who im talking about
>>
>>51966947

That's actually Sarkhan lol
>>
>>51966973
>Legends color pie mattering
>>
>>51966910
I miss Garruk ;__;
>>
>>51966950
>Rob Alexander
>Nielsen
this is bait, right?
>>
>>51966989

Yeah, that's Koth.
>>
>>51966989
Well, he is, Tarkir is not-Mongolia after all

>>51966998
Me too, specially Psychotic Serial Killer Garruk.

>>51966910
Lili, Chandra and Kiora's designs on this one are a lot better than their recent arts.
>>
>>51966910
That spread is comically terrible. Black Liliana is the worst, but Elspeth and Sarkhan's faces are profoundly wrong messed up, Tezz, Kiora, and Loth look a little bit off, and even Jace is kinda withered. Nobody comes out of it looking good.
>>
>>51966989
Sarkhan has become less Asian as time has gone on. Mardu are Mongols so it made sense initially
>>
>>51967014
>Tarkir is not-Mongolia after all
I'll be damned, I always though he looked like someone who was into metal
>>
>>51966910
My lgs has this as a MASSIVE table-wide mat, I loved sitting right between black lili and fishtits
>>
>>51966973
>He actually likes Zoltan Boring
>>
>>51966950
>Good artists
>Still missing the likes of Staples, Nielsen, Ron Spencer, Quinton Hoover and Rob Alexander

Can't tell if bait
>>
I want to go through my collection and catalogue my cards.

Is there a smartphone application that will allow me to scan cards under it and add them to a database?

Thank you.
>>
>>51967018
She's not black, it's more like west Europe. I kinda liked her that way.
>>
>>51966910
Karn, Garruk and Koth look fucking baller in this picture
>>
I just gave one of my friend a Leovold (I opened two of them while drafting Conspiracy).

How much am I going to regret this when he's done building it and I'm playing against Leovold Windfall?
>>
>>51967481
Well for one, you gave away a 80$ card
And secondly, leovold is the embodiment of "fuck you you can't play magic."
>>
>>51967014
I like that Kiora looks more "Merfolky" and less "Blue human with a weird headdress" here, but I'm not a fan of 'generic waif with DD tits' Chandra or "literally Iranian pornstar" Liliana.
>>
File: Shelf.jpg (314KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Shelf.jpg
314KB, 768x1024px
>>51967163
I have attempted to do this in the past.

It is not worth the price you will pay.
>>
>>51967520
>Well for one, you gave away a 80$ card
Eh, I'm broke as fuck so the friend in question's always the one bringing beer and whiskey to our games. I felt like I owed him and he's been really interested in playing Leovold.

Is the deck really oppressive or does it fold to cheap interaction?
>>
>>51967520
>$80
Fucking where?
>>
>>51967570
T1: Swamp, Sol Ring, Simic Signet
T2: Leovold
T3: Windfall
>>
>>51967580
>T1 sol ring signet leads to broken plays
who would have ever fucking thunk. Ban Sol Ring.
>>
>>51967596
Fine. T1 Urborg, Mindlash Sliver
T2 Breeding Pool -> Signet
T3 Leovold
T4 Windfall, sacrifice Mindlash Sliver.
>>
>>51967571
Exaggeration, or more like assumtion actually. I didn't actually check the price I just remember the foil being something ridiculous like 200$
>>
>>51967646
>foil version of a card only printed in Conspiracy is expensive
Who woulda thought
>>
File: wort.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
wort.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
post waifus.

this is mine. she has two very nice sons that work very hard around the house.

she's great with kids, and knows her way around instants and sorceries.
>>
>>51963780

A XXXenophile card game. It's a collection of lewd comics.
>>
>>51967671
anon I made a mistake ok? I don't know what you want from me.
>>
>>51963728
>>51963780

they have a webcomic

www.Girlgeniusonline.com
>>
File: Rare Kyro 2.png (263KB, 616x695px) Image search: [Google]
Rare Kyro 2.png
263KB, 616x695px
>>51967637
>not having spot removal by turn 4
>>
>>51967990
>>51967990
>>51967990
NEW THREAD HERE

GETCHA NEW THREAD HERE
>>
>>51965895
Eeh, Ob is too expensive for a Voltron commander and his ability isn't reliable enough in my opinion, so Yahenni would be better for it. Ob is more of a stax or control commander.
>>
File: Muh decks.png (2MB, 1560x492px) Image search: [Google]
Muh decks.png
2MB, 1560x492px
>>51965916
>>
>>51965389
I don't have mine typed up, but warstorm surge, haste and tramole enablers, cards that will make you 5+ tokens quickly. I like Hornet Queen and Symbiotic Wurm. Sporemound is also good because you'll be ramping a lot anyway.
Gruul War plow is great trampletech.
Sarkhan Vol is another all star, +1 gives +1/+1 and haste, -2 is act of treason, which you can then sack to thromok, and -6 is make 5 dragons, perfect number for thromok.
I'm sorry, I've just played Thromok for a long time and I don't want him to become the new memedeck evrryone builds, like New Omnath. I'm the type of guy who needs his sooper spechial snowflake commanders.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.