[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1365: McMythology Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 618
Thread images: 64

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51924150
>>
Right, just to reiterate so people know. I'm claiming Digimon Tamers and will start work on it after updating Soul Eater.
>>
File: 1487185062308.jpg (82KB, 688x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1487185062308.jpg
82KB, 688x1162px
Tell me about when an attempt to reveal yourself went poorly.
>>
File: 1484944418643.jpg (109KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484944418643.jpg
109KB, 1200x1000px
>>51934233
*You're
>>51934407
Nothing physical, no effect.
Nothing magical, immune.
Can't hold me, teleport out immidiately.
Plane wipe does nothing

I suppose catch me off guard? Inflate my ego and go from there? I run around depowered a lot, just to make a better story,
>>51934816
Vampire: The Requiem has stealth skills to the point of 'make noise when you want to.' And that's for use on Vampires.
>>
What is the single most fun perk in Jumpchain?
>>
So, I know we have a few sources of magic resistance/immunity lying around, but do we have anything equivalent for spiritual attacks?
>>
>>51935733
Endowed from Body Mod
>>
>>51935746
Elder Scrolls lets you have more than 100% Magic Resistance that indeed blocks all harmful magic from affecting you while letting good stuff through (that is literally how it happens in the games, it's canon). Considering that you can and should slap on at least 200% Magic Resistance (to help counter effects that lower of ignore parts of it) and you can also have things like Spell Absorption and Spell Reflection for even more magic defenses, I'm surprised it's not brought up more often when people discuss having protection from magic. But then again, it is not a perk and not everyone is familiar with Elder Scrolls, so...
>>
>>51935733
Literally anything that lets you fly.
>>
>>51935688
burn the heretic
>>
>>51935763
Thanks, Record the Recording.
>>
File: konata-izumi18.gif (73KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
konata-izumi18.gif
73KB, 200x200px
>>51935733
Any invisibility perk!
>>
Okay folks how does this look?

>rampaging emotions -600
choose a basic emotion, you find your stamina and ability to exert yourself beyond normal revitalized and enhanced greatly by it, once filled it takes a factor of 5 times what the average mundane human will feel of that emotion at once to enhance by a factor of 3, however , major emotional stimulus recharges it much faster, such as nearly instantly replenishing your Constitution when a loved one is in danger if you chose fear or anger so that you may Sprint to their defense or pushing yourself far beyond what your body should be capable of in moments of extreme trauma/passion/rage etc.
>>
Is it kosher to import an AI companion as the phoenix in the Harry Potter jump, or does it have to remain as a separate pet?
>>
>>51935733
soft physics from worm.
>>
>>51935804
Oddly specific. Why a factor of 5 and 3? Without the context of this perk I genuinely cannot say whether it's a good or bad idea, nor the part about instaneous constitution replenishment muscle wizardry.
>>
>>51935733
Summon Annoying Dog, which is a free perk from Undertale for all origins, particularly when you want to just take away any small sized artifacts of doom (as long as you don't mind never seeing them again ever), as a distraction or pissing people off.

Only downside is that the dog is equally as liable to be a hinderance to you if you're not smart about using it.

Also any musical perk.
>>
>>51935804
Maybe clean up that massive run-on sentence? But it seems interesting.
>>
>>51935746
Strong soul from Ravenloft is something like that. No soul to burn from Ghost Rider should pretty well cover that too.
>>
>>51935763
Um, thanks, I guess for giving me exactly what I didn't ask for...

>(that is literally how it happens in the games, it's canon)
But this? It's also wrong. That's not how canon works in TES, dude.
>>
>>51935733
Perks that make you good at cooking.
>>
>>51935797
Do you really have nothing better to do than spend all day monitoring SB?
>>
>>51935733
Mind control perks, obviously.
>>
>>51935867
>Why a factor of 5 and 3?

It seemed like a reasonable lowball and eople are going to ask me for specific numbers, even if they wouldn't I know I would want them.

>Without the context of this perk I genuinely cannot say whether it's a good or bad idea

it's for Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys ,
It's the capstone for the Gor-illa based tree.

>nor the part about instaneous constitution replenishment muscle wizardry.

Yeah Earlier drafts were worse, I was originally thinking of something meant to recharge and enhance super modes, as well as Constitution. but then It was pointed out it would be too meta.

>>51935870
1.I have no idea how to do that and I have passed Writing competition 2 so I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

2. It's a first draft.

3.Someone did say they would edit it for me but I don't know if they're still around.
>>
File: tumblr_njokkrLf801tuy4w7o1_500.jpg (114KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njokkrLf801tuy4w7o1_500.jpg
114KB, 500x688px
Jump # 223 Akami ga Kill
Background: Villager (0)

Perks:
*General Level Potential (0)
*Perfect Hair (0)
*Most powerful, Most Beautiful (400)
*Seductive Body (100)
*The Man (300, Discount)
*Aware of your surroundings (200, Discount)
*Mach Speed (400)
Drawbacks:
*Check your damn kills (+200)
*Missing Body Parts – Missing an arm and a leg (+200)

Imperial arm – Caliburn (+1000 IP)
Type – Melee weapon, Imported
Abilities:
*enhanced striking (50 IP, Discount)
*enhanced durability (50 IP, Discount)
*Lingering Effect (100 IP, Discount)
*Cutting Power (300 IP, Discount)
*Awareness (100 IP)
*Trump Card (400IP)

(Oh boy… so stacking Harem, appearance perks in some places will backfire)

What in the hell is wrong with his world? It seemed fine at first but more and more it reminded me of Commoragh. There were a lot of sick and twisted people here.

So I decided pretty on that I needed to change in government. I found out there was a rebellion being planned and they wanted to stick me with a band of assassins but I don’t do that. It’s not how I operate. Instead I started setting about empowering the resistance and striking at the people in power my own way. I brought down so many twisted nobles always making it ironic and well deserved; never killing them but dooming them to well-earned fates.

Unfortunately amongst the enemy I started to attract a harem. Esdeath apparently decided I was her one true love. My wives took issue with this (or maybe her) and in the climactic battle we found out Akitsu was a stronger Ice wielder than Esdeath (Well… with a Norito) as she froze her solid, then Arcueid Shattered her.

I am not pleased by how bloody things got but eventually we got a somewhat decent government installed. The former Emperor was young so he wasn’t held responsible and was sent in to exile. The minister… well the people got their justice and it was bloody.
>>
>>51935733
Shapeshifting. Not the shitty kind that requires you to stay human, the good kind that lets you turn into a dog or a chair or whatever the hell you want.

>>51935916
Dat's bad, anon.
>>
>>51935688
Jumper was going to beat Vizzini in a battle of wits (using OOC knowledge, obv.), then help Inigo kill the six fingered man, and prevent the whole plot of Princess Bride from happening.
It turns out that Vizzini is less likely to take challenges to his intellect seriously if one hasn't already beaten his swordsman and giant. Jumper and companions got careless, thinking of Inigo and Fezzik as lovable rogues and not the mercenary company ran by a ruthless asshole. Turns out stab-resistant body armor doesn't mean stab-proof, and it's hard to swallow a chocolate golfball if one is choking on their own blood. Jumper's twin died before they could get them to the Med Bay (which can't heal dead, which is stupid), so right now she's in a stasis pod, waiting until Jumper rolls a jump with resurrection magic or sufficiently advanced tech.
Nobody likes walking past her preserved corpse whenever they enter the warehouse, Jumper treating it like a reminder not to take anything for granted.
>>
>>51935733
Probably the Ritualist perk from Generic Creepypasta, with a bunch of the combos with other perks. Letting people summon me is great fun.

And I'm partial to Flip! and Personal Constellation from Paper Mario. Weird mobility, and my own stars. Really cool.

Though song and dance perks are lots of fun too, with those in Infernals being my favorites for those.
>>
>>51935880
Thanks, I'll check those out.
>>
File: JC1.jpg (24KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
JC1.jpg
24KB, 597x333px
>>51935688
I was kinda declared a heretic in Fall From Heaven by the other gods because of a lil' cultural misunderstanding. Technically my spider cult/self-help group worshiped the BENEFACTOR, I just happened to be the founder and also coincidentally a god. And really, it was more self-help group than cult.

In hindsight, it probably had something to do with all the giant spider robots carrying millions of smaller, intelligent, spellcasting spiders. Who just wanted to offer the world access to free wifi.

Fuckin' speciests.

>>51935733
Synchronicity Wave Riding! It can literally introduce !FUN! into your life, should you let it.
>>
>>51936055
Once More, With Feeling from Buffy is a pretty good contender as well. Getting the full use out of it requires the assumption that the version that helps people work through their issues doesn't cause spontaneous combustion, but I don't think that's unreasonable.
>>
>>51935804
So two questions 1. Would it be that bad if it included super modes? Because I feel like that should be a thing From some jump somewhere, and it isn't yet.

2. Is this acceptable as is?
>>
>>51936100
1. You've given no information about what jump/background this perk is for. Does it fit the setting? Do other characters from the same background have super modes? If yes, yes. If no, no.

2. Again, I'm working with less than no information here.
>>
>>51935733
Probably Classpects from Sburb.
>>
>>51935804
What's this from? That's extremely underwhelming for a capstone.
>>
I am looking for a relatively low-level and not very dangerous place to learn some more magic and/or magic amplification. Penny Dreadful fits my character's style and has some cute options, but the whole "God vs Devil vs Dracula" shtick (not familiar with the setting) seems worrying for an early, early jump. Should I be worried?
>>
>>51936141
1. yes I have >>51935953 and yes to the other questions.

>>51936160
again it's for Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys ,It's the capstone for the Gor-illa based tree. and the one Immediately preceding it is a super mode
>>
>>51935733
Perks to help you hold hands with people.
>>
>>51936160
>>51936141

He was working on a jump called captain simian and the space monkeys
>>
>>51936074
>Who just wanted to offer the world access to free wifi.
I feel like the term 'world wide web' might've raised some concerns too.

>>51935804
>>51936100
It really doesn't read very well, with it being a single, very long sentence.

1. Do super modes even exist in the setting? Don't add something that boosts them if they don't exist.

2. It seems underwhelming as >>51936160 said, and you probably shouldn't have arbitrary multipliers.
>>
>>51935916
Generic MC or others?
>>
>>51936215
How fast is Walker of Worlds? Like, can I pretty much get anywhere in a day? An hour? And is it something that's actually noticeable?

Does it work for vehicles?
>>
>>51936225
1.yes , the character that this tree is based off of has One, as do a couple of villains if memory serves.

2.it might seem overwhelming , but bear in mind it Does not have a upper limit merely a ratio at which improves.
>>
>>51936205
...You don't think the super mode should be the capstone and the stamina booster the preceding perk?
>>
>>51936205
Okay, in your monkey jump do gorillas have "super modes" or are they merely extra strong when they get emotional?

If they don't have super saiyan forms, then no your perk should not mention super modes.

If they do, sure. Just don't phrase it as something that instantly and fully refills. Word it as a boost to the relevant physical ability.
>>
>>51936253
>does not have an upper limit

...does the CHARACTER have an upper limit? If the character DOES have an upper limit, you should probably have the PERK represent the CHARACTER and not care how over or underwhelming the perk is.
>>
>>51936259
that's an idea, I can do it that way if you prefer.

>>51936262
Oh it's clearly a super mode,He even changes size And His eyes Crackle with Red energy

it's More like it Refills off of emotions rather than instantly refilling in general.

>>51936288

>...does the CHARACTER have an upper limit?

Not that we have seen. I am trying to base things as closely to the characters as I can.
>>
So I've gone back to the Jump and changed some things, such as adding a strategy guide at the bottom for people who want to take the Jump but don't want to deal with all twenty books. There's also now some changes to the Noble background such as all of the prices for clans being dropped. Finally, Godeater Rat gets both Spark Strips and Godspark Forging free.

I think it's just about ready to upload.
>>
>>51936329
Looks good.
>>
>>51936241
It makes you move at a noticeably higher speed to anyone watching. You could get most anywhere in Greece with a few days travel.
>>
>>51936329
Why do you pop up just to shitpost?
>>
File: jc2.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>51936225
...it WAS can actual world wide web, actually! Not obscuring the sky or anything of course, just a few miles-long mantra strand-cables here and a few mystic circles there to let people communicate from miles away. All crawling with maintenance spiders to take care of bugs, of course. And by bugs, I mean the plague of whatevers rival gods were sending my way.

Okay, in HINDSIGHT I kind of get how the world-spanning arachnid swarm might have intimidated some but c'mon, it was a marketing gimmick! I was creating job opportunities for local labour; spiders gotta eat! If more people gave it a shot, MAYBE they would've evacuated in time when the grim guy with the scythe rode into town on a pale horse.
>>
>>51935733
Interesting thing is, I have more fun with Items than Perks. But if I had to choose, it would probably be Duct Tape Fusion from Invader Zim.
>>
>>51935680
Coolerinio. Option to be a digimon plz.
>>
>>51936329
>strategy guide
This, if anything, feels really odd. It feels more like telling the jumper how to win the jump and grab what they want.
>>
File: Dinosaur Want.jpg (17KB, 494x497px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur Want.jpg
17KB, 494x497px
What are some jumps that give a large corporation that follows?
>>
>>51936311
>not that we have seen

Let me rephrase myself: Has the character been seen to punt a planet aside or anything like that?

Because if he hasn't, you should apply the common sense you don't have to make it clear you are not a Saiyan.
>>
>>51936348
Okay, but how long does it take to get to other realms? Can it travel inter-planetary distances in the same universe? Is travel time affected by other sources of speed? And I more meant, is it something that the user notices?

Does it work on vehicles?
>>
>>51936412
Should the bottom parts be removed then? Because I was considering that.
>>
>>51936425
Earths mightiest heroes and resident evil has some I think.
>>
>>51936348
That seems really meh. I mean, you could get anywhere in Greece in a few hours with the capstone Boosted Strength of Heracles.
>>
>>51936344
That's it? "Looks good"? The formatting is all over the place and somehow it looks good? The language is gamey as shit and it looks good? You're coming off as trying to just handwave this onto the drive so that the anon from /jc/ that claimed it can't make a jump without you screaming at him.

Bramastra can go and put this on their own drive. He literally only shows up here to do shit like this.
>>
>>51936426
he has used his emotional powers to grow from microscopic to bigger than the ship
>>
>>51936440
Capstone boosted SoH is one true build, yes.
>>
>>51936425
Captain Planet in the items section for Villains
>>
>>51936440
>>51936453
The big advantage Walker of Worlds is meant to give is you can go anywhere. Strength of Hercules won't let you walk into Elysium or through the Styx.
>>
>>51936329
Could you not? You still havent explained half of the stuff in the jump and some stuff seems to be way more powerful than the actual setting is. You also need to give a rundown of things like top powers and such. As it is this still needs a lot of work and to be honest it comes across as you being a little baby because someone else decided to do a job that you could not do.

Basically you do a shit job at relating the setting.
>>
>>51936426
basically, the limit is how angry can a gorilla get?now imagine how angry a jumper can get which is implied in the wording, since it directly Runs off of the emotion of their choice
>>
>>51936442
There is literally no reason not to put this jump on the drive now that the accepted power levels have risen so high. No reason except salt because it comes from SB.
>>
>>51936429
I would remove it. You're better off focusing that effort on explaining more of the setting, that way people can decide whether they think they can take the setting on or use that knowledge to avoid risks on their own whim.

I normally wouldn't be so antsy on that kind of stuff, but with the amount of shitposting that goes on and the prior reputation the jump has, putting in a "Strategy guide" might do more harm than good in the long run.
>>
>>51936329
This is already on your SB drive can you please not push it here?
>>
>>51936438
>>51936477
These work for me. Thank you anons.
>>
>>51936491
Please see: >>51936427
>>
>>51934068
>None, I was the literal Dalai Lama of my people. Reincarnation bitch.
I don't think that is compatible with the scenario/victory condition. You had to start a dynasty, and if you die resume life in the body of the member of your dynasty that is your legal heir.

Reincarnation does not follow dynastic lines, and the person would also have to be alive at the time you died to be your heir.
>>
>>51936494
>>Could you not? You still havent explained half of the stuff in the jump and some stuff seems to be way more powerful than the actual setting is

.I honestly can't tell if you actually read the document or not. Because there's an entire thing at the bottom that explains literally everything in the setting. Power Levels, characters. Everything except the most inane details
>>
>>51936348
Really? I was under the impression it was more running-flavored teleportation.
>>
>>51936425
Whenever MCU2 gets finished, you can buy a corporation and an item that lets you merge properties. I think Worm said Generic Cyberpunk will have a corp too.

So follow >>51936438 and then merge them to make your own conglomerate.
>>
>>51936545
No you have not. There are like 50 books in this less than 40 page document, you havent got a twentieth of the setting. Not even a slice. This is just a power grab wrapped up in a side of SB bullshit. Honestly blade ahould have handled himself better with this stupid shit and you should keep your jump to your drive with the rest of your stuff.
>>
how dangerous is yu yu hakusho?
>>
>>51936427
It takes longer to get to relams that are "further" away if the setting has stuff like that but it should never take more then a few weeks to get somewhere using it's speed. And yes it can go anywhere but other planets would certainly take a while.

>>51936559
It's walking anywhere. Even when that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.
>>
>>51936329
I don't like the mandatory drawback for entering the jump, and the other anons are right in that it's a little strange to have a strategy guide in the notes. Other than that, I think it's fine.
>>
>>51936442
No offense guy, but you're comimg across as kind of an asshole for making such negative assumptions based on two words.
>>
>>51936545
Why do you even want to put your work on /tg/ drive, anyway? I was told the other site has its' own drive for jumps that accepts anything where you don't have to argue about what criteria you need and what little I've heard about you here hasn't been flattering so it seems to me you're fighting an uphill battle.
>>
File: Puyo.gif (3MB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
Puyo.gif
3MB, 250x243px
>>
>>51936580
Fuck off, Timmy.
>>
>>51936237
I'm still waiting for my retrovirus. When will Red Deliver?

But magic usually works the best in non-magical settings.

>>51935994
It's not bad.

It's convenient.
>>
>>51936429
Not him, but basically this "Coiling Dragon Ring" sucks in the souls of the dead and burns them to fuel the user's soul?

If so, does anything break within the ten years if I would start the jump off by unmaking it?
>>
>>51936617
Criticism is not shitposting. Grow up.
>>
>>51936594
Seems like a samefagging shitposter to me.
>>
>>51936581
Don't jump settings you don't know anything about. Go read the fucking wiki for five minutes if you have to.
>>
>>51936581
It goes up to like Saiyan Saga DBZ.
>>
>>51936580
Oh wow, I almost thought that was an actual poster there, thanks for letting me know shitposter.
>>51936592
I have a version of it without the Strategy guide and just the characters and plot.
>>
>>51936581
it's a shonen,it gets pretty dangerous there is a martial arts torment in hell and everything
>>
>>51936604
The face of a killer.
>>
>>51936329
Remove the mandatory drawback. If it's something enforced by the universe, then there is no need to point that out. Even if it's for fluff, it doesn't feels right.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I always enjoy more luck perks.

The strategy guide is nice of you, but just setting info should be better.
>>
>>51936641
>Don't jump settings you don't know anything about

DDanon gostaygone
>>
>>51936633
There are jumps with much less setting exposition on the drive. That is transparently not the real reason you don't like the jump. So, yes, I'm calling you a shitposter.
>>
>>51936510
This isn't about power levels at all. If you look at the perks themselves, there's no semblance of balance. The Drop In's capstone reads like it was exclusively meant to address SB's issues with diminishing returns. The Warrior's capstone on the other hand is some ambiguous crafting skill gated behind a God requirement. The Magus capstone reads like he literally copy pasted out of a wiki and just boils down to slave magical realm with the no will requirement. But somehow the Noble capstone is >the Universe itself allows for you to escape harm.

Then items are similarly half assed. 800 CP for a Godspark weapon when the 800 CP perk allows you to create them at will. Godslayer poison assumes that everyone follows some vague classification of what Gods are, and even better, there's an official shit tier that's just below moderate. > Normally this poison would at most affect a Six Star Fiend with shit soul defense, but now it can even affect Seven Star Fiends with moderate Soul defense. Half of the jargon is just thrown in there and he expects people to be ok with that, yet for some reason he'll explain useless details that don't contribute to anything, like how the prices of going between certain planes don't change much.
>>
>>51936442
All that you have said can be said of most jumps, including the most recent ones. Since I didn't saw you commenting anything like that, I will assume that you are just shitposting.
>>
>>51936660
Exactly the balance of the jump is cpmpletly fucked.
>>
>>51936329
You know I wouldn't have a problem with this is someone else hadn't already made a claim to it.
Really I wouldn't, but you should have done this before that.
>>
>>51936660
Hardly anyone uses diminishing returns here either senpai.
>>
>>51936329
Just a question, why did you decide to come over and stir this kind of crap up now?

In the past a lot of shit went down because you refuse to take criticism and you refuse to put effort into the jumps you make, remember you refused to put anything but jedi and sith into the starwars mmo jump.

Now that someone has said they would like to make something that actually shows the setting you show up and refuse to stop screaming like a howler monkey about a broken jump that you already have access on your sites thread and drive.

Please stop.

Please leave.

Please do your own thing on your own site.
>>
File: The bait is right here.png (685KB, 540x768px) Image search: [Google]
The bait is right here.png
685KB, 540x768px
>>51936660
>SB's issues with diminishing returns
>diminishing returns
>SB

It's even hard for you to be so obvious.
>>
>>51936601
He's doing it for posterity, because it wouldn't have hurt anyone for /jc/ to have its own jump and SB to have their own, but he wants the recognition for making this jump and getting it on somebody else's drive.
>>
>>51936644
See exactly as I said before you cant take criticism and you refuse to change your stance on anything.
>>
>>51936660
There's so much wrong with this that it actually tells me you have no idea about anything in the setting.
>>
>>51936693
He's talking about diminishing returns from training. Which are kind of a thing in CD I guess?
>>
>>51936601
Believe it or not, a huge chunk of SB's community also frequents the thread and treats the main drive as the 'canon' drive.

The only reason that the drive in SB got created was because shitposters around here trying to stir shit up. Just like Dirge having his own drive.
>>
>>51936743
So exactly what is happening now?
>>
>>51936693
See, if that's the case, why put so much emphasis on it into the perk? The entire perk revolves around diminishing returns as part of its benefit, with the other part dependent on some sort of in setting mechanic of people changing class tiers. There was no reason to even put that line in there, but apparently it was important enough that it needed to have emphasis.
>>
>>51936743
That's not true at all. Dirge has his own drive for storage so he can keep track of his own stuff. And SB's drive is for scraps and things that were rejected here.
Nothing to do with shitposting in either case.
>>
>>51936644
You still haven't shown basically any of the setting plus the only thing even remotely worth buying are capstones and you boost items like the god poison to hell and back for no reason.
>>
>>51936769
Exactly this, the Soul Pearls got randomly buffed.
>>
>>51936719
Okay, not him but-saying "you're wrong" doesn't actually automatically and magically explain to everyone else how and why someone else is wrong. On which points is the other guy incorrect and how?

>>51936715
I want to disbelieve you, because that's stupid on various levels.

But. It is pretty discouraging he has no reply.

>>51936743
No no, I know some of them are. I was just told that there are those like Cracker Jack and Anon Heart who can and do seem to do things right, and there were others who don't want to so the SB drive's an option. I was mainly asking because from what little I heard of this guy, he seems to be more the latter.
>>
>>51936743
Don't even bring Dirge into this. Even if him making a google drive only led to shitposting, at least he actually uses his drive. It amazes me how one guy's drive somehow has more jumps than SB's entire drive, because SB can't figure out when they want to treat their drive as legit and when they want to treat it as a trash can.

They actually buy in to the main drive being canon shit. Dirge just doesn't give a fuck about anything drive related.
>>
>>51936619
Doesn't the plaga give mind control?

>>51936644
I'll be honest, despite the attitude that >>51936580 and >>51936660 have, their criticism is accurate. Trying to just stuff everything into the back of the document instead of trying to explain the setting throughout the document itself just feels like a band-aid to the set-up of the jump. Even just ignoring the imbalances in the perks, just throwing a few lore pieces in the end and then shrugging at any other lore questions doesn't feel good, and makes the jump feel bland.

Better clarifications of the setting and how things in said setting works would be good. The timing of this is rather suspect, so it would go a long way if you sat down and explained the setting more. This is from someone who has no idea what it's about, or what these 'Godsparks' are or how most of the stuff in the setting even works. Explain things for people who have no clue what's going on?

>>51936659
Just because some people don't put in the work doesn't mean everyone else can be lazy. You're welcome to keep thinking that, but the lowest common denominator shouldn't define us, or we're letting bancho define Jumpchain.
>>
>>51936752
Having people also being in another community is a apparently a reason to attack them and judge them by different standards. I mean, it also happens with many namefags in this thread, but I guess that SB being a more defined group helps to create the 'us vs them' mentality and waste time trying to ruin the fun of others for no real reason.

I find laughably that the shitposter is angry about balance when in SDS you can become the strongest being in the setting by spending 900 CP, and he didn't said anything then. You can become powerful in the coiling dragon jump without digging into drawbacks, but even if you max drawbacks you will be nowhere close to the top-tiers without your own effort or OOC powers.
>>
>>51936815
Not involved in this argument, but it's not always about power levels anon. Sometimes a Jump is shit quality. Just because worse stuff has squeaked by doesn't mean we should just let anything in, just means we need to be more vigilant, or anyone could walk in here with Reborn-tier shit and have it allowed.
>>
Post your victory songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dPfJNj_mC0
>>
>>51936815
Not him, but to play devil's advocate people seem to be critcising more the structure of the perks' pricing/how they're perceived as disproportionately valued relative to each other and the manner in which the jump explains the setting rather than how powerful the jump makes you.
>>
>>51936813
The thing is, while some of your criticisms are valid and the jump isn't perfect, it is obvious to me that there's a double standard at work here. The jump is being judged much more harshly because you don't like the creator.
>>
>>51936856
https://youtu.be/sy1dYFGkPUE?list=PLCB9574B29FBBBB95
>>
>>51936861
Not that anon, but it's because there's no real point arguing about power levels. We've seen what happens when power level arguments occur, it all becomes a pile of steaming shit and then nothing gets changed. It's a bunch of wasted time, you might as well focus on the internal issues.
>>
>>51936587
What interpretation of Zeus' power level are you going with for the jump? Is it the "as far above the gods as they are above men" one? Because the guy's getting a swift kick in the fuck and I'm wondering how hard that's gonna be to do?

With Demigod + SoH + Lion Pelt be enough to at least survive a scuffle with him?
>>
>>51936792
How can he reply? This is the guy who decided to slap together a jump with minimal effort. The guy that went "Oh but you didn't criticize other recent jumps!" doesn't realize how apparent the lack of effort in this jump is just from the language alone. Most of the recent jumps were from Valeria, she doesn't suffer from the same writing problems that Bramastra does.

Bramastra isn't going for some narrator tone here like some other jumpmakers might. Yet somehow he still fails to maintain any consistency in the language he uses. You get all these weird breaks that just feel like he decided to throw in a one liner because he thought it would be cool instead of putting a proper explanation. >I think you probably know what that does >they almost always end up being spoiled brats who can’t back up what they say and quickly end up getting wrecked by a person they offend >shit soul defense
>>
>>51936854
>Just because worse stuff has squeaked by doesn't mean we should just let anything in, just means we need to be more vigilant, or anyone could walk in here with Reborn-tier shit and have it allowed

Well, then I would like to see you try to say the same things when another 'good' jump by another more accepted author is posted offering crazy power-levels. Although then you will probably will be called nerfwhore and shitposter.

Also
>>51936660
>800 CP for a Godspark weapon when the 800 CP perk allows you to create them at will.

You need to get to Godsparks to actually craft a weapon. By killing their owner first. That you can craft a weapon doesn't mena that you're handled the materials right away.
>>
>>51936861
Not that anon.

Power levels aren't what matters. The jump itself is mechanically broken.
>>
>>51936900
Zeus is the king of the gods. He's certainly a peer of even the strongest ones.

And no. No set of purchases in the jump will let you win a straight fight with Zeus.
>>
>>51936856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3suGfhnT2Sg
Mandatory.
>>
>>51936792
Well for one, that "Crafting perk" is an in setting feature, not to mention the whole point of the Item is because YOU MIGHT NOT BE STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL A FUCKING DEITY VERY SOON. The whole point is that it's just a faster way to get one without murdering a God.

Then on the Noble capstone, it's based on Linley, Noble's capstone is based on Linley, Magus is based on Augusta because the country with the best mage association was the one that worshiped him, and Warriors get the two crafting perks because they need good weapons, and having to buy one would lead to a bunch of unnecessary bullshit, the whole point is that you get to kill a bunch of people with a sword, then that sword becomes accustomed to you faster rather than having to jump through a bunch of hoops, or, you can kill a bunch of people and then create a weapon from their corpses. the Drop In is based simply on surviving since you have nothing, so the training perk was the best option to remove one of the biggest crippling flaws.

The fact that they didn't even know that the crafting was an in setting feature is pretty much proof of that.

Sorry I wasn't able to reply, but I was busy doing other things.
>>
>>51936877
Since some other anon already brought Dirge into this, let's do a comparison between Dirge's jumps and Bramastra's jumps and see which one has a higher quality then. It definitely seems like Bramastra is trying to copy his style given how wordy parts of this jump is.
>>
Well, looks like you won, Herculanon. I look forward to what you can come up with.
>>
>>51936644
There is absolutely no apparent rhyme or reason to most of the perks. They just seem to be thrown in as an afterthought.

>Real Genius
No diminishing returns while training? "Diminishing returns" are an entirely meta concept. They exist because of the logical and actual limits inherent to improvement. Does this just conjure knowledge out of thin air, up to and beyond nigh-omnipotence nigh-omniscience?

>Indomitable Soul
In addition to barely telling me anything about the setting (all I'm told is "soul attacks are almost impossible to defend against in this setting. well no you're immune to them because not being so would be bad.") There's no attempt to connect it to the background, and it seems its connection to anything in canon is tenuous at best.

>Cheapskate
Same as above

>Ever Growing
No limits whatsoever? Are there top-tiers in this setting? Have they grown there from a much lower state?
>>
>>51936877
I don't doubt that there's double standards being applied by some of the other anons. But that doesn't make all criticism invalid, it should still be looked at before a decision is made. It also doesn't help that he suddenly decided to bring it up again after Herculanon started to talk about it, Bramastra was silent for months on the jump beforehand and was content with its status. Yet not a day later after the announcement this happens.

The timing alone is going to invite more harsh criticism, if only because it gives off the impression that Bramastra only cares after someone else wants to try it. Or if we wanted to be brash about it, >>51936903 hit it on the nose.
>>
>>51936904
How do you keep equating power with quality here? I'm real confused by this.
>>
>>51936856
This anon >>51936917 just posted it. Actually, do any of the Final Fantasy jumps give you the ability to have that play after you win a fight? Or maybe a soundtrack perk that includes it?
>>
>>51936927
Nah, Dirge will easily win that contest. He's a better writer.

Again, I'm not arguing that the jump is perfect, I just think it's good enough given the quality of the rest of the jumps on the drive.
>>
>>51936813
People have that attitude because this is the second time Bramastra has tried to force this particular jump up. The only changes that he seems to have made were things that the SB board discussed as far as that strategy guide goes. Talking with Bramastra is like talking to a wall, except the wall is polite and listens to you whereas Bramastra likes to tell you how stupid you are before going back to SB.
>>
>>51936971
I know that the roadtripmobile in 15 plays music from the other games, but that's all I've got.

Also, we don't have a 15 jump, though you can get a roadtrip jr in Kingsglaive.

Sorry.
>>
>>51936917
This one is mine too, but it's the one from FF7 because that one's great.

>>51936971
I just use the soundtrack perk in Counter Strike. Sure it's manual use, but it only does everything.
>>
>>51936943
>The timing alone is going to invite more harsh criticism, if only because it gives off the impression that Bramastra only cares after someone else wants to try it.
The problem is that it's not an impression. Bramastra literally timed this after BLADE went and told SB that Hercule was going to try and make a Coiling Dragon jump. He's literally just here to make sure Hercule doesn't get a chance to even try, while he gets to get his jump up before he goes back to SB. SB has no problems using the Coiling Dragon jump even if it's not on this drive, so whether it gets on or not doesn't affect him in the long run except for bragging rights.
>>
>>51936971
Sounds like something to suggest to Heavens.
>>
>>51936916
Is it possible to usurp a god's domain/power? Would ascending to godhood end your chain?
>>
>>51936854
This. We had a generic xianxia jump, some actual xianxias, the Dragonball jumps and a webcomic centered on a character who inspired xianxias and they all gave me a good idea about what the setting was like and had perks structured in a clear way that made all backgrounds equally appealling, and which actually felt like backgrounds rather than collections of powers.

>>51936905
I agree to an extent.

>>51936877
Right. I'll be the first to acknowledge there's a tendency for double standards, but on the other hand don't you think it's intellectually dishonest to say because other people did something you don't like, you should be lenient and ignore any criticism altogether out of petty revenge? People are already going out of their way to explain their points of view for reasons other than those you've accused them of.

...I feel like there's a liberal joke here somewhere.

>>51936924
>in setting feature

Alright. I'll have to leave others to confirm or deny that.

>two crafting perks

To me at least-that's a bit counterintuitive since warriors, you know, fight? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for things which fall outside the chief conflicts in xianxia like crafting to belong to drop-ins, while warriors get training boosts? Which, I have to say, do seem to reference something I'm reasonably sure doesn't come up in the setting. By your own reasoning, it seems making a bunch of awesome weapons would help you survive greatly.

Not sure how long you've been doing this but...when you're posting a jump, you should expect to hang around for a while to field these questions.

Also I'd rather not stoop to petty bickering, but I can't help but notice you're now deliberately evading an honest question
>>
>>51936971
One of the 13s has one I think, but I don't think it's worth going to 13 for.

>>51936977
I think the problem is that the jumpmaker is trying to push the jump as good enough when we have somebody else who's aspiring to do better than just good enough.
>>
>>51936943
You know, you're right. I concede the point.
>>
>>51936644
>Secret Training Manual
Oh joy, more arbitrary multipliers~
>>
>>51936237
Either Relationship Modification of Thought Implantation from Worm are really good. I would go relationship modification if you just want one good mind control power. And Thought Implantation if you plan to make a psychic telepathy/mind controller build.
>>
>>51937013
You know I think it's not quite that. Bramastra did mention that he'd been wanting to do this for a while around when the Dragon Ball jumps were happening. Sure he waited for the worst possible moment, but I don't think it's vindictive behavior.
>>
>>51936936
>>No diminishing returns while training? "Diminishing returns" are an entirely meta concept. They exist because of the logical and actual limits inherent to improvement. Does this just conjure knowledge out of thin air, up to and beyond nigh-omnipotence nigh-omniscience?

Are you fucking retarded? Because I would think that you would have read the actual perk description and realized why that's complete bullshit on your part.

In addition to barely telling me anything about the setting (all I'm told is "soul attacks are almost impossible to defend against in this setting. well no you're immune to them because not being so would be bad.") There's no attempt to connect it to the background, and it seems its connection to anything in canon is tenuous at best.

>> In addition to barely telling me anything about the setting (all I'm told is "soul attacks are almost impossible to defend against in this setting. well no you're immune to them because not being so would be bad.") There's no attempt to connect it to the background, and it seems its connection to anything in canon is tenuous at best.

What do you mean barely telling you about the setting? That tells you clearly enough of what you need, where is it not clear in that Description? That's all that is needed to comprehend it, the Jumps duty is not to tell you everything about the setting, because of that its 40 fucking pages long, if you can't be bothered to learn anything then fuck off.

>>Same as above

Once again you show you have literally no understanding of the setting because that is literally what the CD Ring does as well as some other artifacts in the setting.

>>No limits whatsoever? Are there top-tiers in this setting? Have they grown there from a much lower state?

Maybe if you learned how to read you'd see that it gets exponentially harder each time.
>>
Are there any perks that remove your soul?
>>
>>51937098
Well if you go to any Madoka jump you get that for free.
Try and keep track of it though you wouldn't want to lose it.
>>
>>51937054
This attitude is not helping your case. I was one of those defending your jump, but I'm starting to regret it.
>>
>>51937054
>Failing to even greentext properly.
You need to stop and leave. You're clearly not fit to even match the pace of responding on 4chan, and you're just going to dig yourself a deeper hole if you keep going. You've done nothing so far except insult people that they don't know the setting, ignored criticism that your writing quality has not improved since the last time you tried, and gone on further to insult people with every line you say.

If all you're here for is to spar with people and trade jabs on 4chan, there's no reason why anyone should entertain your jump, not when somebody else more sincere is willing to put the work into it.
>>
>>51937098
You could shapeshift into Mei from Overwatch and everyone would just assume you lacked one.
>>
>>51936981
Oh, really?
Could you provide proof by giving him an objectively good suggestion and seeing his reaction?
For science.
>>
>>51937018
Yeah, the first Final Fantasy is probably one of the better ones to include something like that. Or that rhythm game, I guess. I might suggest it the next time I see him.
>>
>>51937054
Insulting their intelligence is not an answer.
>>
File: TheIceQueenCometh.jpg (443KB, 1600x848px) Image search: [Google]
TheIceQueenCometh.jpg
443KB, 1600x848px
>>51937098
You could go Blank in 40k?

>>51937122
That's not a bad idea. Me and Mei companion could pretend to be twins.
>>
>>51937098
>Are there any perks the let me gut myself and set my removed entrails on fire?
That's what you sound like.

Soul is good, leave soul where it belongs.
>>
>>51936856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

All other victory songs are inferior.
>>
>>51937054
Don't let yourself get baited.
You have a good jump here. And a good opportunity to buff out some rough edges. Don't let provocateurs get under your skin and rob all of us of a great jump.
>>
>>51937044
He's done nothing for his case honestly and judging by his dump and run attitude in the past, there's not much good will left to assume that he's not being vindictive. It's already been pointed out, but SB has had no problems accepting this jump onto their own drive. As far as storage or access goes? He has no ground to stand on.

It doesn't help that he has made no attempts to compromise. No attempts to consider collaboration. No attempts to address any of his faults. He comes off as the guy who's always right, because everybody else is either fucking retarded, has no understanding of anything, or is incapable of reading.
>>
>>51937185
>Are there any perks the let me gut myself and set my removed entrails on fire?
There are perks in Bloodborne that not only let you do that, but would let you use your flaming entrails as a viable wepaon and not die.
>>
>>51937138
Hey, YJ_Anon. You're a cool guy and I like your jumps. Do you have any you're working on at the moment?
>>
>>51937114
If you are defending the jump, then what does the person who makes it matter. The jump hasn't changed even if you now realise brahmastra is a handful.

Either the jump itself is worth defending or its not. Make up your mind and follow through. Bramastra's behaviour should not factor.
>>
>>51937219
You say such sweet things, anon.
>>
>>51937044
...wouldn't premediation make it seem MORE vindictive rather than less?

Just for argument's sake. I don't know who to believe anymore, but I have to admit the timing is rather pertinent.

>>51937054
Not him, but to quote from the perk description
With

>you gain an even greater amount of talent and don’t receive diminishing returns when training, meaning that instead of spending compounding years on each continuing level, you spend roughly the same amount of time on each level. Your training speed will also reset when entering an entirely new level of power (Ex. From mortal to Saint, from Saint to Deity. From Highgod to Paragon). You also become a genius under this world's standards. While you aren’t ‘Deity in under a hundred years’ level, you could expect to reach it in under 500 years

For what it's worth, I get that you explain what levels and Deityhood (and so forth) actually entail in the notes. The issue is to a reader, it's very tone-breaking to have to flip to the end of the jump in order to understand a perk at the beginning of it. You could have explained the experience with examples like comparing relavent acts of training between the Jumper and a man without the perk, instead of expecting the concept of diminishing returns to be universal.

>where is it not clear in that description

Well, for starters you haven't described what the attack actually is; for all I know it's a very precise teabag. Because of this ambiguity the wording "utilize a soul attack or alter your soul" comes across as a complete no limits fallacy, in spite of the fact it's not even a capstone perk and quite frankly sounds like something that would let you instantly win all conflicts in a setting where spiritual attacks seem to be the primary supernatural means of warfare.

>maybe if you learned how to read

It is becoming clear this has been a frustrating and unfulfilling experience for you.

I'm going to ask again: Why not just post it on the SB drive?
>>
>>51936329
I assume there is protoganist of the series? For comparison, what would building him with drawbacks look like?

You many of your drawbacks are variations of "One of the most powerful entities in the setting will spam you with minions that can one hit KO starting characters, and will scry and die you if you leave leave ghibli hills."

That is way overkill. There need to be more drawbacks like "That is someones SOUL, not a smoothie!" where you cannot use souls for advancement in ways that permanently harm or destroy a sentient, sapient persons soul.

Or a Lasting Legacy, where you need to found a Clan of at least X members of X rank with traditions better then standard asshole Xianxia behavior before you can leave the jump.

Or Jumper needs prayer badly, where like the Gods ans Sovereigns, worship helps you grow. In fact you need to to grow at all. Your growth in the jumps abilities it tied to how many people worship you, where say 20,00,000 people means to advance at your full ability, no worshipers is no growth, and in between is proportional.

The one perk needing that one drawback is ok I guess, but not of fan of tying all that into the 11,000 year long haul option
>>
>>51937122
Somillo is that you

>>51937241
Not him but one can defend a jump while still seeing flaws in it that need to be addressed. An author's unwillingness to address those flaws is a completely valid reason to withdraw support from said jump if the prospect of a better alternative is possible.
>>
>>51937022
This isn't Compione dude, I'm waiting on that one though. We've yet to see someone actually fully usurp a God in Greek Mythology IIRC other than maybe a God to Primordial/Titan.

>>51937054
>Are you fucking retarded?
Bramastra, take a moment to calm yourself. I, and anons like myself, are bit more critical than you might be used to but our questions are as follows:
1. Why are some things slightly different than their canon counterparts? (Though I know nothing about the setting other than what is in your doc so I'm not asking this question)
2. Why are the fluff and descriptions so harshly segregated from each other? (This is my question. You seem to suffer the reverse problem that Gaunlet does, he's a Jumpmaker in these parts who has a problem with breaking away from his personal ... does 'narrative' work here?)
>>
>>51937121
I think the problem is more that he's losing his temper with people talking as though the have the authority to dictate how the jump should be without any familiarity with the setting.

I'd find that irritating too, but he is making himself an easy target, allowing himself to get so irritable so easily. He needs to calm down a bit. And others need to give him space, and not act like entitled dickheads.

And who is this 'someone more sincere'?
>>
>>51937274
I think it's that Linley guy who keeps coming up? Not sure myself to be honest.
>>
>>51936619
I need to finish the two customization tables then drawbacks. I'm going to try to finish it all next week.
>>
>>51937213
Your being a bully. Calm down, back off and let reasonable people talk. I hope that you can be one of them.
>>
>>51937125
Simple. Strip down all the useless language in each of the perks and the item descriptions, take that strategy guide that he's apparently decided explains the series, and mesh the two of them together so people don't have to fly back and forth between the front and the back just to get at information. His so called fluff doesn't do anything for the jump. It throws in jargon that only confuses people, doesn't properly translate his own stance on how the mechanics should work during jump and post jump, and doesn't do anything as far as worldbuilding goes.

Second, become a better writer and learn how to use consistency properly, so that he doesn't come off as some guy that decided to write in five minute bursts. Seriously, it shouldn't be hard to proofread a jump, and it's clear that he didn't do a proper job proofreading.

Third, change the formatting so it doesn't come off as a giant block of text everywhere. The language already is bland, combining that with a giant block of text just makes it even more tedious to read through. He doesn't seem to know what a paragraph break is at all. I've had better experiences reading 100 page long jumps than this "40 fucking pages long" jump.
>>
>>51937235
Thanks, anon! Right now, I'm primarily working on Batman: The Animated Series, with Fables/The Wolf Among Us and an Oregon Trail Gauntlet as my other projects. I've also got a mostly complete Bee Movie Jump for April 1st.
>>
File: Boredom Is Bad.jpg (165KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Boredom Is Bad.jpg
165KB, 800x1000px
>>51937288
No, that was me, fuck Mei.

Oh, shit, totally forgot to ask. Did anyone have anything in particular they wanted to suggest for the update? Plenty of space for including shit at the moment.
>>
>>51936936
>"Diminishing returns" are an entirely meta concept
you are full of it.
>>
>>51937054
Even if they're shitposters, you must know that some people around here don't like posters from SB. So going on the offensive and insulting so much in a place like this is only going to let them going strong.

Rework some perks, try to expand it a bit more and come back in a day or two.
>>
>>51937274
>>51937307
How is it that despite the entire jump putting emphasis on it, people can read the jump and not realize that Linley is the MC. Is this reflecting the jump's lack of explanation, or is this just people not being able to read like Bramastra says.
>>
>>51937335
Sweet, I'm looking forward to them! Keep up the good work!
>>
>>51937288
Read what he said again. You aren't defending the position that I addressing. Although they are similar and the mistake is an easy one to make.
>>
>>51937181
>You could go Blank in 40k?
Blanks still have souls. They just don't register in the Warp. That, or their souls act weird in the Warp.
>>
>>51937314
Good man. Keep on truckin'.

Though I haven't been keeping up and I'm not who you replied to-is the update meant to be for stuff from the newest REs, or is it just a general overhaul to the existing options?

>>51937357
To be fair Linley isn't mentioned by name until a 3rd of the jump down.
>>
>>51937319
You imply he's worth bullying anon. I can't even remember any noteworthy jumps that Bramastra made. If I didn't know he was from SB I would have thought he was just some /cyoag/ fag that decided to troll like SDA
>>
>>51937369
From my understanding, Blanks have souls, but they register as 'negative' on the psyker scale. It's like a negative heat gradient, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>51937336
I want a head screw. And a rolly chair.
>>
>>51937357
Just not being able to to read. Bramastra is the one true god, who is above the entire concept of making mistakes. How dare you imply that not everyone is an idiot who can barely read, deflecting the blame onto Bramastra's impeccable writing.
>>
>>51937367
No you're right, I'm not. I'm asserting your critcism is a fallacy because there are valid reasons for changing one's position contrary to the conclusion you've leapt to. Not that I'd know if that's what the other anon intended, but still-it's foolish to put blind faith in a multiverse story simulator as if it were God's own truth.
>>
>>51937379
You're supposed to read the strategy guide I think.

>>51937299
Hercule made the claim didn't he? At this point the best thing to do is probably just to toss this jump into perpetual holding pattern until Hercule finishes his.
>>
>>51937390
Oh so they soak up soul energy instead of generating it? Like they have positive enthalpy instead of negative.
>>
>>51937362
You got it, boss!
>>
>>51937418
>Hercule

Isn't it Herculanon? Hercule just makes me think of the DBZ character.

>>51937426
Not him but yeah, that's basically it from what I gather. Apparently the almost nonexistent omega blank is like a black hole in the Warp.

>>51937418
I mean, the relevant perk outright says he's the MC. In a manner which...tells me absolutely nothing else about him or what differentiates him from any other xianxia protagonist admittedly, but that's a separate issue.
>>
>>51937274
I might steal the first and second to last, as well as probably go back and change the rest of them honestly, Like adding one that traps you in the Netherrealm.

Also yes, you could build Linley with Drawbacks, but now I think there definitely should be one that makes you too Naive as well as a training obsession drawback?
>>51937357
He's mentioned on the second page:

>>You will arrive in this world the day Linley Baruch finds the Coiling Dragon Ring and sets out on a journey to reclaim glory for his Clan and explore the limits of power.
>>51937325
Ok, I guess I can work on that, which perks and areas would you consider "wall of texty" because that sounds like a serious issue.
>>
>>51937401
A head screw huh? Yeah, sure, current item section is abysmally small, why not.
>>
File: math.jpg (20KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
20KB, 500x352px
>>51937426
I don't think they soak it up - or if they do, they can't actually DO anything with the energy that they soak up, it just kinda... dissipates.

It's probably more accurate to say that they generate a 'negative' field that cancels out the 'positive' field of almost everyone else.

I'm not good at metaphors.
>>
File: 1398801322488.png (69KB, 369x461px) Image search: [Google]
1398801322488.png
69KB, 369x461px
>>51937379
It's... it's kind of both.

There's three things that have come out/will be coming out: RE7 (the game), RE live action movie (The Final Chapter), and the RE CGI movie (Vendetta). All three things will be available around May for me since the CGI movie comes out in May, and by then I'll do stuff like add more options to the Virus/Parasite table, add more items in general, fine-tune the import options to better clarify things, etc. So overall it's just me trying to tweak what's there and add more stuff. Since the CGI movie comes out in May, it gives me time to finish MCU then dust off BC Part 1 to try and finish that up.

I realize I am a slow piece of shit, please bear with me.
>>
>>51936644
The way you write your perks is incredibly bland. I almost forgot I wasn't reading a shopping list until I got to the very end.
>>
>>51937335
>Batman: The Animated Series
That reminds me, do we have any jumps where it's possible to save Batman's parents?
>>
>>51937453
IT's HerculesAnon actually.
>>
>>51937453
>the Jumps duty is not to tell you everything about the setting, because of that its 40 fucking pages long, if you can't be bothered to learn anything then fuck off.
Bramastra's reply is strangely fitting for anyone commenting on his writing.
>>
>>51937336
a nice tombstone for fighting,

Excalibur companion option

>>51937480
all DC jumps when you have time travel, but it creates a net negative good so you shouldn't.
>>
>>51937325
Personally, having read the entire series, I find that the jump quite reasonably covers the setting. Not compeletely of course but as well as any jump does.

I can't help but feel that your holding him up to a much higher standard than most of our jumpmakers are.

On one hand you say cut out needless text, I don't see all that much fluff that could be discarded without leaving someone unfamiliar with the setting confused; you say to integrate the stuff in the end into the main body of the text, i agree that it would be good for more of that to be done, but this is a massively complex setting that few people are going to be familiar with and will need guidance on. Also we have plenty of jumps with extensive notes at the end, I don't see why this is a problem with this jump and not with the others.

Also, regarding trivial matters like paragraph breaks, why criticise and complain when you could just suggest them to him.

Frankly this seems to whats wrong with the reaction to bramastra coming here, even when valid points are being raised about the jump, they are in the form of barbs, insults, harsh criticisms and insults designed to infuriate someone know to have a short fuse; there really is no reason why the same good and valid points can not be raised as suggestions that Bramastra can talk on board.

At least no reason of which i am aware, if there is, then please, enlighten me.
>>
>>51937335
>Batman: The Animated Series, with Fables/The Wolf Among Us and an Oregon Trail Gauntlet
Toss em all together in one fucked up jump.
>>
>>51937241
It factors because I'm not going to waste energy arguing for him if he's just going to dig his own grave by calling everyone retards. The jump isn't that good.
>>
>>51937496
Fuck off and stop defending SB powerwankers.
>>
>>51937480
I don't think so, unfortunately.

>>51937494
...I guess that's one way of looking at it.

>>51937504
I think I'll pass, as entertaining as that sounds.
>>
>>51937455
If a person is the mc they should at least be mentioned in the opening.
>>
>>51937455
Alright. I guess there's nothing more to be said, if you've settled on things to work on.

I'm going to suggest, once more, that if all else fails and you can't get it to work. That you might as well simply post it on the SB drive. I've tried to explain my criticisms in goof faith as per >>51937263 and I'm getting the impression you're too frustrated to address them coherently.

I've made an effort to avoid ad hominem for the sake of clarity, but I genuinely question whether all of this is worth it in the end. You seem to respond to antagonism violently, it's clear lots of people in thread are tired of the stigmata and mutual aggravation.

At this point, if you genuinely think you've done a good job? I honestly think you might as well post it somewhere you don't have to be the center of a massive argument.

>>51937471
It's fiiiiiine, senpai. Like I said last thread, just clam down.

That is a big mouth.
>>
>>51936644
I mean, we've had SB-ers make decent Xianxia jumps. Why don't you ask for help? At the very least, an editor wouldn't be uncalled for.
>>
>>51937357
>How is it that despite the entire jump putting emphasis on it, people can read the jump and not realize that Linley is the MC
Because operating on what you know, and not making unstated assumptions about what you don't makes for better critique?

I have not read the books.
>>
>>51937540
It's on the second part of the opening. the first half is the summary and the second half is the Jump stuff.

>>Coiling Dragon(Panlong)Jumpchain
Empires rise and fall on the Yulan Continent. Saints, immortal beings of unimaginable power, battle using spells and swords, leaving swathes of destruction in their wake. Magical beasts rule the mountains, where the brave – or the foolish – go to test their strength. Even the mighty can fall, feasted on by those stronger. The strong live like royalty; the weak strive to survive another day.
By Bramastra with much help from Legion and Co.
Welcome to the World of Coiling Dragon, where people use the power of the world to cultivate their bodies or Spiritual Essence. 5000 years ago the War God O’Brien and the Holy Priest of the Yulan Empire emerged and fought to a standstill. After that they created two other Empires as a buffer zone for themselves to stop their fighting. In this same period the Four Supreme Warriors, Baruch, Prey, Armand, and Hyde, also made their names known and continued to perform great deeds such as killing two Saint level Beasts and creating Clans named after themselves that have lasted to this day. You will arrive in this world the day Linley Baruch finds the Coiling Dragon Ring and sets out on a journey to reclaim glory for his Clan and explore the limits of power. Oh and here are 1000 Cultivator Points for all your needs.
+1000 CP
>>
File: 1398799393884.png (29KB, 192x326px) Image search: [Google]
1398799393884.png
29KB, 192x326px
>>51937550
To be fair it is a silly series. It's fun to read, but it's silly.

It makes for amazing reaction images.
>>
>>51937416
"This attitude is not helping your case. I was one of those defending your jump, but I'm starting to regret it."

Is that a rational or emotional position to take? 'Cause you are defending it like this guy is being rational, when he is effectively trying to use emotional manipulation.

*Act like how I like and i'll return to defend you.*

I'll admit that it's my fault to start with though, I started seeing him as a rational actor and responded in what I though was a appropraite manner, but on futher reflection misunderstood what he was saying, you responded in reaction and here we are.

I have already said that the viewpoint that you expressed is one I agree with. I don't knw what you wanting more than that?
>>
>>51937504
The thought occurs I'm pretty sure Batman and Bigby would get into a fight once they learned about each other. Well, more that Batman would pick the fight with Bigby. Comics!Bigby's a fair bit more amoral than Telltale Games!Bigby.
>>
>>51933148

Perhaps an AIVAS drawback?

"You are AIVAS, you are stuck in a cave in low-power mode, with no powers, and must successfully bring your eventual discoverers to overcome and eliminate Thread once and for all"
>>
>>51937336
I know I should say something, but I'm blanking. Did it have a "resist madness" perk? I can't remember if it did, but it should.
>>
>>51937528
If that's your only response to a rational argument, then you should fuck off to QQ.
>>
>>51937557
There is a decent xianxia jump?
>>
>>51937592
Eh, in hindsight I think we're both just jumping to conclusions about a sentence or two someone wrote.

And fair enough.

>>51937598
What is an AtVAS anyway?
>>
>>51935733

Monster Girl Enthusiast from Space Station 13.

It drives right unto the heart of Jumpchain - waifus, and gaining the powers of waifus.
>>
>>51937579
You dont exactly say anything about him though.
>>
>>51937496
Why do you expect people to extend good will to him when he's never bothered doing the same for anyone in the past? You're trying to say that all of his faults are negligible and that he's being held to a higher standard, but this is no different than when people chewed out mib back in the day. The only difference here is Bramastra's shitty timing and shitty attitude.

You want to argue that Bramastra is objectively a better writer than another jumpmaker? Fact is, he's not. Look at how much repetition he employs in his perks, look at how he likes to insert random fluff without any form of bridging. No one has pointed out these specific details (except right now to show you what criticism could be made if they actually cared), if they were, that would be holding him to a higher standard.

You wanted people to give objective improvements. You got what you asked for. No one said they'd be cherry coated to make Bramastra feel better about himself.
>>
>>51937618
Generic Xianxia Jump; World of Cultivation, Tales of Demons and Gods.
Now, Coiling Dragon after bramastras fininshed buffing out the issues.

That's all that i can think of.
>>
>>51937627

AIVAS is a character from the Pern books.

An AI remnant from the first colonists, before Threadfall fucked everything up. It's buried in a cave in the Southern Continent, and its rediscovery sparks a revolution in... pretty much every field, including IIRC, using dragon temporal teleportation to finish off the Thread.
>>
>>51937647
Because that's Bramastra's problem. He thinks that namedropping is effectively introducing lore. From the perspective of an individual that has read the series, he thinks that once he mentions Linley or Augusta or Beirut people will immediately understand.

To cover his back he decided to make an 18 page long notes addendum. This is the hilarious part, because even as another anon says >>51937496 we've had jumps with massive notes, but those jumps generally don't have the notes take up 50% of the jump and become mandatory reading material. Our longest jumps don't come anywhere close to that ratio.
>>
40. Sports
Age: 15, Origin: Drop-In, Team Bonus: Equipment, Sport: Basketball
Perks: The Mastery Of A Champion, The Trust Of Your Team, The Eyes of A Leader, The Knowledge to Achieve
Items: Sports Equipment, The Best Uniform In The World, Practice Field

I'm in an after-school basketball program. Woo. This is where Oto shines, unsurprisingly. She absolutely loves team sports and being an elected official and pretty much any opportunity where she can be a leader. Oto is very archtypal anime overachiever, right down to the fact that she absolutely earns it. This is a grown woman stuck as a high schooler, taking the time to style on a bunch of babies and make sure they're all better off for it. It's like a jumper in miniature, but she's more polite about it. And she loves winning. It's the only time I really see her smile with all her heart. Conversely, she hates losing, and will be pissed for days after a loss. But that only makes her work harder.

It's pretty fun watching a basketball team of my companions. None of them have physical boosters as superpowers, but they're all well trained and listening to the only natural leader among them. I can leap across the court in a single bound, so it's not fun for me. I do bring juice boxes and snacks, though. Everyone loves snacks.
>>
>>51937455
>Also yes, you could build Linley with Drawbacks, but now I think there definitely should be one that makes you too Naive as well as a training obsession drawback?
I omitted part of the sentence. I meant to say, build him with the Perk and drawbacks.

As a gauge to how powerful/how much potential your CP got you with the Main Character as a measuring stick.
Like would he have every Perk in the jump line Hunter Thompson in the gonzo journalism jump, or how Ichigo was apparently everything in Bleach, or is one background/perk line based on him, so he has that and a couple general perks?

This was to get a handle on "The Protagonist did it, so how hard is it for jumper?" Because if you could build the protagonist with 1,000 CP and a couple drawbacks, that is one thing. The main character having 3,750 CP worth of effective perks to your 1,000 CP tells you something else about how hard the road ahead of you is.
>>
>>51937592
Really? You're accusing me of emotional manipulation because I wrote that I regretted putting in the energy to defend this guy's jump when his attitude is making it a wasted effort? You know people aren't robots, right? A jumpmaker's attitude obviously affects the reception their jumps receive.
>>
>>51937614
S'alright. Drop Ins had a passive resistance to Madness despite making constant use of it (which I'll probably represent as a perk now, nothing major, just a little something that gives people an understanding of what they're dealing with) and Anti-Madness Wavelength is. . .well, Anti-Madness.
>>
>>51937649
In my case at least, beacuse I don't consider those to be the most outstanding faults. I listed what I did see as them in >>51937263 and >>51937026
>>
>>51937336
Companion import option
>>
>>51937745
There's already a lot of those in Soul Eater. Is there a kind in particular that you have in mind?
>>
>>51937471
Canon Companion option?

A more Minor regeneration perk similar to Ethan able to reconnect his leg and arm after they were severed, but only if he could hold the limbs together and goop juice them before he bleed to death. Because as fun as the G viruses regeneration is I don't want to have myself and my companions be that Over powered for now.

Welcome to the Family Drawback where your forced to take the place of, or help, Ethan in RE7.
>>
>>51937702
Is that you brama? Lose your name?
>>
>>51937755
One that lets your companion be a drop in.
>>
>>51937647
I mean assuming he's anything but the main character is kinda hard, I mean it mentions him starting the plot, there's no reason why he should be mentioned other than in passing, he's not really worth that much space at the top.
>>51937702
Well, to build Linley with Perks and Drawbacks would be a lot of CP, his traits are mixed across the Magus, Warrior, and Noble Trees.
>>
>>51937785
Noted
>>
>>51937597
The mugger killed Bruce's parents outside the theater with dysentery.
>>
>>51937805
The story revolves around him that is worth more than a mention of He is a guy who exists.
>>
>>51937649
Please allow me to respond, going through your post, sequentially.

One, I have not been here all that long. As such i don't know about historic drama that bramastra might have been involved in. As such i can't comment. I don't belive that I said anything like that his faults were negliable and don't know where you get that from.

You say it's no different from what mib experiences, well, again I don't know what your referring to in detail, but you are referring to something that happened to one jumpmaker a long time ago to justify treatment of one jumpmaker, specifically now. I don't see how that makes sense or remotely justifies it, perhaps you can tell me?

Two, I never said that bramastra is an objectively better writer, in fact I haven't said anything about bramastra's writing at all, as such I don't know where you are getting that, and am at a loss as how to respond.

You say you see repetition in his perks and random fluff without any bridging, I can't say that I see what you are referring to. Could you please provide an example?

Thirdly, yes I did ask for objective improvement, but I have not been given them, I have been given subjectives and complaints rather than improvements, yet they are probably the best I can reasonably ask for given the circunstances, thank you.

Also, I agree, noone is obligated to cherry-coat in order make people feel better, noone is obligated to be a fair, level-headed, kind, considerate, or virtous person, but the world would be a much nastier place if at least some people weren't. Wouldn't you agree?
>>
To think all this happened because an IRC-fag wanted to stir shit up.
>>
>>51937839
Wonder who it was really.
Figured they got all the asshats in the last purge.
>>
>>51937496
This is part shitposting (the shitposter WILL latch onto anything he thinks will deny us a jump) and part seeking any excuse to invalidate this version so Herculanon can make his, solely out of site factionalism.
>>
>>51937825
He gets a summary of how his Journey started, I'm pretty sure that's good enough.
>>
File: Memetic or Something.jpg (37KB, 258x278px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic or Something.jpg
37KB, 258x278px
>>51937839
>Muh Illuminate
>>
>>51937098
I've Got No Soul To Burn from Ghost Rider protects your soul from most bullshit anyway. No need to remove it.
>>
>>51937767
...motherfucker, why did I not. Yes I could put that in.

I could possibly do that, make Regeneration a tiered thing. Or maybe an option where you can set the strength of viral benefits at certain 'tiers', since the Bakers seem to suffer a LOT of damage similar to the G-virus, but Ethan doesn't.

I shall see what I can do. Expect it to be a horror-filled time like Ethan had.
>>
>>51937695
I can't tell you the number of jumps where I have had the exact same problem. The fact is that if your unfamiliar with the setting, the jump isn't going to contain enough to give you a full overview, at best a summary. The Final Fantasy Jumps are a good example; if you aren't familiar with the story, the jumps will leave you uncertain about anything about the storyline. Not that that is a bad thing, I for one don't want sploilers.

The real problem is the setting is too obscure to assume familiarity with the characters, and the setting to complex to present that information concisely without making the jump bulge with references and note material in the body of the text, but how else to present that information without shoehorning it in at the end?
>>
>>51937881
It's not really Illuminati bullshit in this case. IRC people are mad about it too. Herculanon was talking about it in there but hadn't covered much ground when someone spontaneously dropped it in thread that he was working on it with the underlying implication that it was wrong and they wanted people upset. One of the shitposters has been in there forever apparently but they sneak by without being noticed due to never showing their true colors when it could bite them in the ass.
>>
>>51937767
>goop juice
You mean the medical stuff?

Where does that shit even come from? It's got to be viral, right? You'd think that with literal magic healing water they'd consider backing out of the B.O.W. market and just raking in the trillions they'd get from selling that shit. I mean a random hobo like Ethan can apparently manufacture this stuff from packets of magic liquid and some grass. They could just churn that out and easily take over the world, no mind control shrooms necessary.
>>
So, Nightmare City Update!

Items:

Mundane Weaponry [Free]: No, seriously, any personal scale weapon you want up to two of them can be gained here, mounted on a gun rack in your Warehouse after this jump. You may buy additional weapons for 50 CP each.

Food & Water [100]: Literally just what you’d find for knocking over a corner side grocery, in a verity of knock off brands, but this duffel bag never seems to be out of the things needed to survive this world, food and water. The fact that weapons are more common that this stuff should tell you why you’d wanna stock up on it.

Vehicles [200]: Chose any civilian vehicle you wish, circa 2001, and you now have it. It needs gas and other maintenance, though if you wreak it or somehow lose it you’ll find another one within a few days. This new one will be identical and you’ll be able to use it legally to boot..

A Virtual World [400]: Everything here in this world is replaceable. Just ones and zeros flowing endlessly. Just like this world you can call forth an exact replica of the Nightmare City during combat to overlay the real world and allow you to battle with relatively little concern for the area the City has temporarily overwritten. With this small controller you can overlay a city sized area and not have to worry about destroying the local environment, this doesn’t automatically evacuate people though so you may wanna be careful with that collateral.

Field too long Continued on next post.

>>51937955
I thought that was just a Markiplier reference.
>>
>>51937979

Server Stacks & Central AI [600]: A Sub-Basement in your Warehouse that contains a truly massive series of server and automatic maintenance systems. Housed within this monstrous server is an AI capable of sustaining and administering to a system of virtual reality systems in real time for an entire planetary populations of several billion, somewhere between three and six, along with enough child-AI to equal that population on a 1 for 1 bases. A room is attached to the ground floor of your Warehouse that allows you and up to eight others to enter a virtual world, the default is that of Nightmare City proper but you could program your own virtual world if you happened to have the know-how.

New Perks!

Undiscounted:
403 Forbiddena [Free]: A selection of powerful Melodic Power/Speed Metal/Rock by the titular group in question that you can turn on and off at will. Always seems thematically appropriate somehow.

Outside System Knowledge [400]: What’s this? Perhaps this is simply a packet of random data, or memories of a time before the Virtual World, but you’ve come across all the information to create the technology behind the Nightmare City. Without a suitable foundation this could take years to set up though.
>>
>>51937955
>>51937979
>goop juice
It's heavily implied that the stuff is just a good healing fluid, but it's also full of nutrients and stuff. He's feeding the Mold within him so it doesn't feed on his body and spread.
>>
>>51937767
>Canon Companion option?
Wonder how much Eveline would cost.
>>
>>51937706
You are perfectly entitled to an emotional reaction. No one would have the right to take that from you. But what did you think you were going to accomplish posting about it to bramastra. Did you post assuming you would be ignored, that it would have no impact whatsoever? In which case, why post at all?

Regarding your last point, I think we would have to differ. I made a mistake reacting to you earlier because of a perspective of mine that you apparently do not share. I do not emotionally associate things and people associated with those things. I would be perfectly happy with a jump if it was made by a person that I hated.

Interpreting you differently, if you are saying that you felt that his attitude ment that you felt your suggestions to improve the jump would be ignored, that is more understandable. Is that it?
>>
>>51937955
Funny enough, that's how Umbrella made its money, by creating and selling First Aid Spray. They just used the riches from that to search for immortality and repurposed the failures into horrible monsters because they're evil.
>>
How do I become the best doctor?
>>
>>51938002
That would make a lot of sense, right?

But no, the description literally says that it closes up wounds and "promotes spontaneous cell regeneration."
>>
>>51937955
In Resident Evil 7 the Goop Juice was theorized just to be a special type of nutrient water. Ethan, who was infected with the mold, used it to greatly increase the speed that the mold grew inside him which allowed him to reconnect his severed limbs as mold requires nutrients to grow. It's just a theory though.

But, yeah as always Umbrella seems to completely ignore any positive effects of their creations just to make MOAR ZOMBIES.
>>
>>51938021
Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a perk lister.
>>
>>51937878
I am sorry, but i have no idea why you are saying that this is part shitposting. How would the shitposter latch on to what I have said in my post, and yet all the other things said in this thread wouldn't? What is it in my post that is so dangerous? Are you saying that i am respondng to such a post? Or have you put in the wrong post number?
>>
File: tofu.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tofu.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>51937911
>Canon Companions in Resident Evil
...yes please.

Especially so if this stone cold, yet non-canon, badass counts.
>>
>>51938053
This as in this backlash, not your post.
>>
>>51937836
>You say it's no different from what mib experiences, well, again I don't know what your referring to in detail,
If you don't even know what they're talking about then why are you pitching things in regardless? I don't see anyone trying to justify treatment to a jumpmaker, but Bramastra has done plenty of shittossing even in this thread to justify people's frustration with him. You were saying that people were holding him to a higher standard, he's just being held to the same standard that people here have been held to in the past. It isn't a higher standard at all. We've shit on people for being shit writers in the past, but obviously you weren't here for that.

You want an example of bad bridging? Read through the paragraph on Profound Laws and Edicts and identify the three places where he should have put in paragraph breaks, the two places where he could have tied ideas together with bridging but didn't too, and why the overall result sounds like a shopping list. You want an example of repetition? Go look at the Four Divine Beast clans and see how everything starts with some variation on You are X or You can Y. Or better yet, take each paragraph and compare their structures.

If you're "asking for objective improvement" but people's criticisms made directly on the writing quality aren't objective enough for you then realistically you're looking for subjective improvement on the things that matter to you and not actual objective improvement.

>Also, I agree, noone is obligated to cherry-coat in order make people feel better, noone is obligated to be a fair, level-headed, kind, considerate, or virtous person, but the world would be a much nastier place if at least some people weren't. Wouldn't you agree?
No. The world would be the same honestly, and trying to make an analogy between this thread and the world is ridiculously stupid. You're comparing a community of barely a hundred people to a population of 7 billion.
>>
>>51937702
Went back and calculated it, and it would take 5000 CP with Companions, 4000 without.
>>
>>51938021
Get higher education. Attend seminaries. Open a medical practice.

Alternatively: buy Doctor of Miracles in 2hu, get all the doctor perks from Franken Fran, roll the Medical and Bioengineering Shard in Worm, and become a Seer of Life in Sburb.
>>
>>51938007
Are you autistic? Not trying to bash you, I'm legitimately asking.
>>
>>51938070
So was that you above samefagging your point across?
>>
File: 1401837113282.jpg (223KB, 625x892px) Image search: [Google]
1401837113282.jpg
223KB, 625x892px
>>51938037
>>51938028
The Mold is heavily hinted to not even be made by Umbrella, actually.

But yeah, the pharmaceutical companies that do involve themselves with bio-weapons and pathogen research seem focused more on kill count and evolution of murderweapons than the absurdly profitable side-effects that come from their research. Even if the series kind of hints that the medicine the protags use is what kept Umbrella rich until their downfall, a sane corporation could make billions upon billions if they pursued that line of research.

But hey, who cares when we can become a god and engage in COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION.

>>51938058
Wat.
>>
>>51937937
This would have gone over much more smoothly if Herculanon had gotten a WIP put together then dumped it into the thread before either IRC leaked it or BLADE decided to stir drama and post news over on SB to attract attention.

>>51937931
It's a difference of scale though. FF jumps, as convoluted as they are, often just have several small key points, and the jumps do an alright job pointing those out. Everything else is effectively left to you to discover. In the case of this jump, everything is detailed in the 18 page brief that you're supposed to read before reading the jump, but if you didn't, the jump doesn't do anything as far as worldbuilding goes.
>>
>>51938070
Have you decided to fix any of the problems half the thread asked you to fix, add some more info, fix your run ons and terrible repitition, and take a look at the items again? Or are you still saying it is done as is. Because it is not done as is.
>>
>>51938021
Disregard medicine, acquire white magic.
>>
>>51938112
I barely come on this site so my expertise on that front is very shit.
>>
>>51937618
>>51937672
Journey to the West straddles the line between Wuxia and Xianxia with the Monkey King basically being a Xianxia Protaginist in a Wuxia story, and there is a background based on him.
>>
>>51937931
>without making the jump bulge with references and note material in the body of the text, but how else to present that information without shoehorning it in at the end
Meshing done properly solves this problem without shoehorning or the bulge problem. The key lies in choosing every single word effectively and making sure that every sentence shows rather than tells.
>>
>>51938112
Just shut the fuck up, Timmy.
>>
>>51938134
I'm fixing the grammar and definitely the drawbacks and some items, but for the info I honestly feel that at one point you might as well just read the book, because there's an entire section for you to read that covers everything.
>>
>>51938088
>Medical and Bioengineering Shard in Worm
I think, with the rest of the perks you have, Biosculptor would probably benefit you more as a force multiplier. Bioengineering would just add more knowledge, but Biosculptor would massively enhance your ability to use your already prodigious medical skill.
>>
>>51938147
If you barely even come here then why bother trying to force your jump on here? Multiple people have pointed out to you that you have a perfectly serviceable drive managed by a dedicated poster on your site. Seriously, what's wrong with using your drive and leaving ours alone? We have an anon willing to make a jump and put work into it, and your community has never given a shit about rules anyways. Are you just that afraid that he'll make a better jump that you're trying to kill his motivation before he even starts?
>>
>>51938070
>Went back and calculated it, and it would take 5000 CP with Companions, 4000 without.
Wow that is a lot of CP.
>>
>>51936644
>Bloodviolet
>ganked
Are you fucking kidding me? At minimum, please give this one or one-hundred decent once-over to make it seem like you put the bare minimum amount of effort in to maintain a consistent writing style. I'd like to second that you get an editor to help you in this massive undertaking.
>>
>>51938127
Is it wrong that I really want Wesker to just show back up and pretend like nothing happened?
>>
>>51938176
Wow look at that he admitted it dumbass.>>51938147
>>
>>51938185
Your problem is you do not give anyone enough to go on. Saying go read the book is not enough when you don't even put the effort in yourself to make it obvious what shit is in jump.
>>
>>51938127
>Umbrella spends countless Billions of dollars growing the Progenitor virus, setting up research facilities, acquiring test subjects, and collecting the brightest minds in human history in order to create a way to make humans into gods.

>Even after decades all they have to show for their work is a zombie virus and the almost always unusable Progenitor and Prototype viruses.

>Jumper comes in with the literal wet dream of Umbrella's research, can effect everyone and make them all super human.

>Umbrella asks how the Jumper even created something like this. the Jumper's answer....

>"cuz I cheat"
>>
>>51938218
You know of all the characters I can think of in Resident Evil, Wesker is the one most likely to show up again, claim someone else was impersonating him, and then causally talk to people about thing that happened due to his bullshit.
>>
>>51938218
Wesker vs Eveline or the rest of the Bakers, you know you want to see that fight.
>>
>>51938127
>Wat.
You don't know about Tofuman? For shame Red.
>>
>>51938127
That's Tofu, from one of Resident Evil 2's extra modes called "The Tofu Survivor", a parody of one of the other modes called "The Fourth Survivor" which introduced HUNK. If I remember correctly he appears in another game in the series, but he's sadly non-canon despite the impact he could make in the wider lore of the Resident Evil franchise.
>>
>>51938231
It's not go read the book, it's you literally have no idea about anything in the setting, there's a notes section to help you out that outlines everything, at some point there's nothing you can do because if you care so much about the series that you want to do the Jump and want to know more you might as well read it. If there's anything in the Notes section that you feel is missing please tell me. That's the exact reason for the strategy guide in the first place, for this shit.
>>
>>51936644
I'm gonna put my support behind the "you need more fluff and strong info in your perks" front. Nothing in this jump tells me anything about the setting, and frankly, your presentation isn't really interesting enough for me to want to delve any deeper. Somehow, you managed to make a fucking 40-page jump an absolute slog to read through.
>>
>>51938066
You are arguing in bad faith here. The fellow, I will assume is not you based on the content of your post, feel free to correct me, made a point and I answered that I could not talk about it. that specific thing, not the entire argument.

You go on to say more about things bramastra has done in the past, again I cannot comment.

You say he is being treated no differently in terms of the standards jumpmakers are held to typically, I would have to say that my own experiences do not agree. Admitted I have not been here that long, only a couple of months, but I have seen many jumpmakers come and go and seen how they were treated, and the closest example to how bramastra has been treated today that I have seen is the shitposter attacking Red.

Referring to your specific examples:
I am not sure about the first example, could you be a bit more specific, like a page number.
Regarding your next example, I agree there is some repetition there, but that is not automatically a bad thing in that context. Indeed I am hard pressed to think of a way to put that information that wouldn't be just as bad if not worse. Can you think of a way to improve it? Or can you only identify that something ought to be done to remove repetition.

On the last point that you make, i have no response. You are either incredible cynical, or I am incredibly optimistic, in any case it isn't worth arguing over.
That said you are unfairly reinterpreting my point in order to ridicule it, and i do not appreciate that. Kindly do not do that again.

I should mention that if you want to respond that I will only be here for another 10-15 minutes.
>>
>>51938251
>"Sorry Chris, but actually I used this awesome new virus that I created to create a clone of myself that believed he was me and I've been manipulating everything in the background this whole time!"
>>
Is there a perk that lets you put yourself in hibernation and wake up after a certain amount of time?
>>
File: Trash Doves GIF.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trash Doves GIF.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>51937469
>>
>>51938104
Are you autistic? I have legitimately answered. What's the problem?

Note to the wise, if you are trying to reassure someone that you are not bashing them, try not the bash them in the same post by asking offensive questions.
>>
File: Chainsaw.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chainsaw.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>51938277
Wesker vs Jack with the chainsaw shears, either way the fans win.
>>
>>51938021
Depends on what your looking for and what your morals are like. Dark Eldar Haemonculi are pretty good doctors.
>>
>>51938300
Not him but dude like 2/3 of this thread is people telling you the same thing with yountelling them to screw off and go read. You need to fix your own shit but you do not seem to actually care about doing that. If you don't come here then why are you here now? Couldn't you have been happy wherever you normally are and not done all this?
>>
File: 1424153295631.jpg (34KB, 430x290px) Image search: [Google]
1424153295631.jpg
34KB, 430x290px
>>51938251
>>51938218
>>51938317
Word of God is that he's dead. He's mega dead. They took a guy who is super sensitive to heat, put him in a FUCKING VOLCANO, then decapped him with two RPGs. You can't get much more dead than that in RE.

>>51938243
Yeah, compared to how Umbrella's research went the stuff one can get in the virus customization table is really, really bullshit of the highest caliber. Now granted the C-virus starts to strain that, and t-Phobos when it works on Neil in conjunction with Uroboros buffs him the FUCK up, but I may have gone too far with the table.

Such is life. I am glad that it's been enjoyable for folks though, so it may have been better in the long run.

>>51938281
>>51938296
Oh well that would do it. So. Maybe. I need to think on it.
>>
>>51938133
*Everything is left for you to discover*

How, though? i mean, if you have the games you can fill in the blanks on your own. But Coiling Dragon is a massive book series that would take a age to get through
>>
>>51938208
>If you barely even come here then why bother trying to force your jump on here?
Because it should have been on the drive ages ago.
>Multiple people have pointed out to you that you have a perfectly serviceable drive managed by a dedicated poster on your site.
Feel free to go there and stop shit posting here, furfag. (I know you are secretly a furfag, Timmy, you played you hand with all the zootopia rants a couple days ago)
>Seriously, what's wrong with using your drive and leaving ours alone?
Because the drive is not for you to ruin anymore.
>your community
You are not part of this community. You do not like it here. You do not belong here. Just leave if you hate the people here so much.
>>
>>51938323
Well you could always try being a bear.
>>
File: Overwatch1.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Overwatch1.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Should be the finished version here. Minor changes in grammar and fixes for the alignment issues are the only difference I think. Going to upload it to the drive if no one sees any problems.
>>
>>51938381
What the fuck happened to the margins?
>>
>>51938381
>whole thing is fucked for some reason
That's it, I'm just done with life. Kill me now.
>>
In the Practical Guide to Evil Named Supplement what exactly does invoking the true nature of a spell mean?
>>
>>51938303
Bramastra is literally on record over in SB for calling Herculanon out for his "dick move" and not wanting two jumps on a drive, ignoring that his hasn't been accepted. It's pretty difficult to take him seriously after something like that.
>>
>>51938370
So Wesker's dead, eh? Well then who's secretly manipulating everything in the background? Huh!?

This is Resident Evil we're talking about. There's got to be somebody.
>>
>>51938300
Thanks Bramastra for the jump.

Sorry the reception here has been a little heated.

Can I ask if you know if someone is going to make a Steller Transformations or Desolate Era Jump?
>>
>>51938370
Eh, it's not like viruses that work don't exist in Resident Evil. t-Phobos worked for Lady Wesker, and t-Veronica's only problem is nobody wanting to freeze themselves for 15 years.
>>
>>51938419
Well at that time I hadn't been given the full gist of the situation and immediately assumed it was a dig at me before being given the full gist of the situation by Poor Dick. Great job at selective reading there.
>>
>>51938425
In then in a plot twist Chris was the mastermind behind everything all along!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51938376
Be just as dedicated as Bramastra and read the book like he says.

>>51938368
Do we really have to start posting screens of Bramastra reacting to BLADE. Literally this whole thing has been cross board drama.
>>
>>51938406
It is the comment on the 5th page that is causing the issues I think.
>>
>>51938419
Shitposting.

Don't even care if its true or not.

Shitposting. Ignore, citizens. Just the village idiot having another episode.
>>
>>51938434
I'm already working on one for ST but seeing as that Jump is even harder to get info on than CD, and the PL's are even worse, I think I'll save myself the trouble.
>>
>>51938378
Well that could work, what setting has the best kind of bears?
>>
>>51938469
Yeah, I just realized that. Don't suppose you know how to remove that whole thing? I imported this from Gdocs and it kept the comment window thing on the side.
>>
>>51938300
People other than you are willing to do the jump and do it right but you are literally here trying to cockblock them because you don't want anyone to be able to do what you screwed the pooch on. You have a site and a thread and you admit you dont come here so why is it such a big deal that you come here now and shove this down everyones throat without trying even once to change or work with any criticism?
>>
>>51938335
Assburgers detected.
>>
It's going to come down to that "Does it take a majority to force a jump onto the drive" thing again. Then again, what actually happens if Brutus and others agree not to host Bramastra's jump? Are these guys supporting him going to turn into raging shitposters?
>>
>>51938491
The work has changed pretty drastically from what it was before. I think there should be an older version floating around somewhere if you want to go look for it because I can definitely tell you that criticism from this place helped, just like with Ark.
>>
>>51938490
>Don't suppose you know how to remove that whole thing?
You suppose correctly, I have no idea.
>>
File: 1266967565570.jpg (25KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1266967565570.jpg
25KB, 221x246px
>>51938425
There was Alex Wesker, but she's dead too. Also took some RPGs to the face. RE6 had Simmons and Carla, but their bullshit spat ended up killing them both off.

There's the possible company of Tentsu, and Vendetta introduces a black arms dealer who's angry from TriCell and Neo Umbrella being taken out, but overall the theme seems to be "there will always be a greedy fuck to pick up the pieces."

>>51938458
For a given definition of "work" anyway. t-Phobos outright kills any females who experience the proper amount of stress/fear, the men/animals turn into untold abominations which have a horrid fear/weakness to daylight, and mixing Uroboros into it only makes it WORSE. t-Veronica had the issue of like you said, freezing themselves for 15 years as well as being bug people. When your goal is "create a virus that makes you human 2.0" then those either turn into failures or you go bugshit crazy on the power it offers and you just don't CARE anymore because fuck yeah you can use fire and start chucking cars.
>>
File: Overwatch1.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Overwatch1.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51938381
Okay, I think I did it right this time.

Fucking Hell, I swear to god.
>>
>>51938519
You have literally not changed a single thing in this entire thread.
>>
>>51938491
Don't bother, it's clear that he's not going to even consider the notion of not having his jump on the drive. People have given him alternative proposals or comments, and his supporters have done a great job shouting them down while trying to make themselves seem reasonable.
>>
>>51938535
I think he is referring to changes from the original version.
>>
>>51938519
>The work has changed pretty drastically from what it was before.
Point to where. The only thing you changed was removing that stupid strategy guide bullshit.
>>
>>51938370
I was actually just kidding about Tofu, though I am excited about Canon Companions. That being said, a drawback based off of him might be cool; maybe in a similar vein to "Weskrows" for zombies/basic infected like the Ganados? I look forward to your work either way; I really like your Jumps, and it sounds like the quality of the update is going to be excellent.
>>
>>51938523
It seems that the best way to kill a Wesker is with RPGs apparently, their smug fields probably block any small arms fire.
>>
>>51938467
You can't have it both ways.

Either you want a jump with little information where you can fill in the blanks yourself. Which the thread would complain about.

Or you can have a jump with ample information like the current version, where you don't have to read the entire massive book. Which the thread is now complaining about.

Arguments about the information being moved into the main body of the text is ridiculous, there just too much. He'll be criticised for have too much stuff in the body of the jump, then.

On top of that, noone is making anyone read the notes or straetgy guide, it's there if you need it. Why complain about an option as though it was mandatory! Do you all have so little self-control that you just can't help yourself but scroll down?

Can we get some constructive criticism regarding the perks, or the backgrounds, or items or drawbacks. Anything but more complaints that waver between two extreme viewpoints, where noone will ever be satisfied! Please!

>>51936695
Don't blame bramastra, he was at worst only half the problem. And he's calmed down now, so the ones causing trouble are now doing it despite him, not along with him. Direct your ire at them.
>>
>>51938523
That's probably true. But it's more entertaining to throw back to the cheesy RE villains.

>"Haha! In truth it was I, David Wesker, who was behind everything!"
>"Hoho! So you've killed my pawn! But he was nothing! Everything is going to according to my plan, the plan of Brian Wesker!"
>Oho! So you've defeated my inferior brothers. But in truth it was I, Kevin Wesker, who was behind the curtain all along!"
>>
>>51938523
I'm a transhumanist with the view that anything derived from humanity that still has a sufficiently human mindset is still human, so the whole 'become a bug plant lady' part never bothered me much.
>>
>>51938583
>It seems that the best way to kill a Wesker is with RPGs apparently, their smug fields probably block any small arms fire.
Is SDA a Wesker?
>>
>>51938519
No offence, but this isn't a matter of whether you improved anymore. You've managed to walk down the same road that SJ-Chan did in record time, and even the people supporting you get cast in a bad light because of your poor timing and poor public relations. You've already admitted you have no love for this place, no motivation to be active in this community, you're only here to use this community to your advantage, and you only show up when it is drama involving you or your jumps, acting deliberately inflammatory to everyone you think might be shitposting against you. None of this works in your favor.
>>
>>51938587
>You can't have it both ways.
>Either you want a jump with little information where you can fill in the blanks yourself. Which the thread would complain about.

Bullshit, most jumps give you info in the intro and sprinkle it through the perks. This jump gives very little info then shoves an 18 page note at the bottom. That is bullshit.

People have given plenty of criticism and you know what he does? He calls them retarded.
>>
>>51938519
Yeah, but whether that's been for the better is arguable. You could maybe argue it shifted laterally. But seriously, why don't you ask for help? Zedekiel is a bro, even Brellin. Ask for help with your writing and fluff skills. I'm sure someone would be willing to help.
>>
>>51938597
Fair enough, you've got a more open mind than Umbrella ever did.

>>51938593
This is true, yes. Cheesy villains are always fun, and it was part of the basis for Researcher's capstone. You too can be a Wesker and take over as the series' new villain.

>>51938583
Scientifically confirmed. That or Uroboros infectees are RPG magnets.

>>51938576
T-thank you.
>>
>>51938617
There's very little to love about this place, senpai.
>>
>>51938492
Oh, I see. Can't respond without losing face, so you think accusing me of autism will gain you something? Are you sure your not projecting, anon? Ah, I see, you have the something worse than assburgers, you have asscheeseburgers. My heart goes out to you, but not my wallet.

You still haven't answered, anon. Don't cut and run like a coward. Answer, or keep quiet.
>>
>>51938617
That's a lot of words you're putting in my mouth, I said that I don't go here much, what does that have to do with hating this community?
>>
>>51938492
Hey, guys. Look, a wild idiot!
>>
>>51938650
Your actions. They speak louder than words, ya know.
>>
>>51938650
You have your own but you came here literally just to shit this one up more?
>>
>>51938492
My son is three years old and autistic. It breaks my heart that he'll have to deal with people like you for the rest of his life.
>>
>>51938587
Why are you using exclamation points as if there's actually anything to emphasize? It doesn't help that your argument is riddled with flaws, from the assumption that everybody has the same criticism to the assumption that people aren't giving constructive criticism just because you don't like what they're saying? Your support is practically undermining him here with how naive it is anon.

That "don't blame bramastra" and blame assigning shit is even more stupid.
>>
>>51938650
Maybe the fact that you've left this alone for months and only suddenly come to post it when your honor is threatened.
>>
>>51938528
I want to request an outro, just because I think they make jumps look better.

>You can still buy Mei as a companion
What the fuck?
>>
>>51938535
Give him time. He needs to hear back from people, then assess, and then revise. it doesn't happen like lightning anon.

is there something that you'd like him to change?
>>
>>51938716
The problem is he will not do that he came in here and said "Ok this is done Im uploading it" then refused all criticism.
>>
>>51938716
Not him, but I'd prefer that he change his dry-ass perks, his abysmal tonal consistency, and maybe write his jump in such a way that it even minorly interests people enough to learn more about the setting.
>>
>>51938690
Don't let your son on 4chan.
>>
>>51938712
>I want to request an outro, just because I think they make jumps look better.
I always forget those.

>>You can still buy Mei as a companion
>What the fuck?
I assume anyone who takes her as a companion will soon come to regret their decision and will be made to suffer for their terrible taste.
>>
>>51938763
does the rage mode from moon ape make you several times stronger than a moon ape or does it factor in out of jump strength perks?
>>
>>51938650
No matter what this was going to end up as a popularity contest because you keep dragging people into it. If you were sincerely looking to improve the quality of the jump, you would have had no problems accepting the help of others and even collaborating. But instead you're here calling people retards for not agreeing with your perspective of how a jump should be made.

You can't even do the basics of presentation and pitching properly. I've never seen a person try to pitch his products by telling the audience that they're retards or illiterate. Yet somehow you believe that's a good way to respond to your audience.

You've ignored people who have told you multiple times to go back to your own turf, yet you have shown no willingness to establish your presence here. You're even worse than SJ-Chan in that regard, because at least she's settled into SB quietly, whereas you've got a foot in each ship, hoping to get whatever benefits of official recognition of here while having your social interaction there. There was never going to be any problems if SB had their own jump and we have ours, but to you that's not satisfactory, in your own words.
>Because I really would rather not have another one floating around.
>>
>>51938712
>>51938763
What is it about Mei? I mean she is far from best girl but what is it that people hate about her?
>>
>>51938624
Thats not the point. I agree more information could and should be added to the body of the jump. But there is so much to the setting that he could only do that with a relatively small amount. The same people dissatisfied with the jump for that reason will be just as dissatisfied after. Maybe a little less, since at least he would be trying to address the concern.

>>51938695
I haven't made any of those assumptions. There's nothing in your post that I can respond to. It's like you did not even read my post, you just skimmed it and filled in the blanks. Kindly reread and I'll read your response.

>>51938709
When was his honor threatened?
>>
>>51938786
As a Moon Ape. Though if you have stuff from in the jump like Enhanced or Champion, then it'll factor that in.
>>
>>51938759
Hah, thanks I needed that.
Sorry, it's been a long day.
Should keep home stuff seperate.
>>
>>51938737
No I specifically refused your criticism because it was the same thing over and over again demanding that I add more info to the Jump for no reason. A lot of other people had valid criticisms, Grammar, writing, Drawbacks, items, you've just been sitting here talking about how it doesnt explain anything when there's an entire section for it. Everyone else has some ground to stand on, you just sit here and yell about how I'm not accepting criticism when you didn't even read half the Jump enough to know basic things and would rather have 20 books worth of info just given to you when you obviously know you can get it, so no, just because it's criticism doesn't mean it's good.
>>51938789
Wow my friend, that's some great selective reading you have because his was explained just above you.
>>
>>51938817
Anon, go white knight in SB. Eventually people are going to think you're just Bramastra samefagging if you keep trying to defend him on any post that addresses him.

You're acting like his professional spokesperson, except you obviously have no clue how 4chan works.
>>
>>51938836
Forgot my name.

>>51938798
She's not only frustrating to play against, she's frustrating to have on your team as well because it seems like Mei players purposefully pick the worst placed to drop ice walls.
>>
>>51938789
There have been people telling him to get to his own turf, but there are also people who would like him to stay. Just because we aren't as vocal as the hecklers, doesn't mean we don't exist, anon.
>>
File: Yandere Mei.png (982KB, 900x1031px) Image search: [Google]
Yandere Mei.png
982KB, 900x1031px
>>51938381
>>51938528
I still wish there were more drawbacks. Both for variety, and just a little so it's less of a choice between getting cool perks or all of the waifus

>>51938763
>I assume anyone who takes her as a companion will soon come to regret their decision and will be made to suffer for their terrible taste.
Still not regretting my choice.

...Though importing her with enough ice powers to freeze most of the world may have been a mistake, it is one I have made peace with.
>>
>>51938860
You know what, I think I might just take that advice and never post this here again, because something about this Jump unlike my others seems to really piss people off.
>>
I wish there was an HD Windwaker with the full triforce quest still.
>>
>>51938860
Except he's not staying. I mean, if you want him to stay permanently you'd have a better chance putting this jump in limbo so he stays here to try and defend it to the bitter end.

But as it stands it's just going to be like how SJ-Chan tried to force her jumps onto the drive. It'll come down to whoever can persuade Brutus whether to delete it or upload it.
>>
>>51938839
>A lot of other people had valid criticisms, Grammar, writing, Drawbacks, items

Funny how you never fixed like. Any. Of those.
>>
>>51938922
I think everyone would have wanted that.
Hint hint Blade Hint Hint.
>>
>>51938855
How is she in canon/lore though?
>>
>>51938798
She's so horrendously painful and frustrating to play against. I could go on and on about why that is from her ridiculous bulk to being the absolute worst to run into when you turn a corner. The biggest thing is that her gun sprays nitrogen or whatever that massively slows you if it even so much as licks your toe, and after like a second or so of sustained contact (very easy) you're frozen solid and left completely vulnerable for a moment for Mei to look you in the eyes and shoot you in the face with her alternate fire, an icicle. This easy and hard to play against combo kills anyone who isn't a tank.
>>
>>51938931
Funny how it's been an hour and I haven't posted another version, I wonder why that could be?
>>
>>51938918
Yeah the fact that you keep pushing it then calling people retards for not falling in line with your shit.
>>
>>51938528
Drop additional purchases of a ala carte cyber points to 1 CP for 3 cyber points to keep the ratio the same.

Taking the Cybernetic perk should also let you have stuff from the item section be built into you for no additional charge (bought Spider Vision, have an implant of it gratis. Bought a hook also? Well Go Go Gadget Hook!)

A perk that enumerates the benefits of being a Moon Monkey, exclusive and free to moon monkeys would be nice.

Helden sterben nicht! (200 CP) Does this let your allies hear your words in a language they understand if they normally would not?(does it translate for allies, or is this only for trolling opponents?
Can you choose the language the enemies hear, like making them hear what I said translated into Klingon or that Star Wars droid language, or some other language you know ir have heard of?

You made all those perks but no 100 CP perk for the Hero, Villain, and Neutral alignments or items? Why was that?

Companions, would a 1:2 transfer ratio be permissible, so spending 400 CP total (300 CP + 100 CP) on them would give them 800 CP each like other similar jumps?

Or free import for up to 8 companions, for free with choice of background, but no CP. Spending CP on them gives them all twice the amount you paid?
>>
>>51938847
Well, I am not. But I have no idea how to prove that. Well, where there is an accusation, there must be a remedy, tell me how to prove that I am am or am not. if there is no way to prove it one way or another, then why would you say that if not to be a dick pretending to be helpful?

Did you do what I asked? Or is this just your pathetic attempt at deflection, rather than dealing with me through actual discussion?
>>
>>51938950
Because like normal you planned on uploading the same broken shit you have already thrown up top.
>>
>>51938918
>because something about this Jump unlike my others seems to really piss people off.
People have told you multiple times what that is. You're just not receptive to it. You and your supporters have gotten your heads wrapped around the idea that people are against you for no good reason that you refuse to accept that this just wasn't a success. Your other jumps aren't anything memorable, they aren't some big franchise like Fate or Marvel. How many threads have been dedicated to discussing your other jumps? Go ahead and count them. If people don't even remember what you've made very much, then of course they're going to slide past.
>>
>>51938950
Bramastra, can I make a suggestion?

With the best will in the world, I think the best way forward, assuming you want to continue to refine the jump here, is to apologise for being a bit frought earlier (despite the provocation that you faced) and the language that you used (or they claim that you used). It's acting like a really convenient handle for people to lach onto.

If you apologise then they won't be able to hold it over you anymore and they'll have to be more honest about their motives.

Just an idea.
>>
File: 1487047133435.png (379KB, 435x741px) Image search: [Google]
1487047133435.png
379KB, 435x741px
>>51938425

>when biological viruses are too limiting
>>
>>51938958
You were asking me? I thought you were asking the other guy before I replied to you. Were all three of those posts from the same anon or something?
>>
>>51938938
Her entire personality, so far as I'm aware, is "nervous nerd who's worried about global warming and do like Dva".
>>
>>51938918
It isn't the jump its you. You piss people off. Your jump just suffers from having you as the dumbass pushing it.
>>
>>51939016
Are you literally fucking retarded? Where do you think you are?
>>
>>51939016
People have been pretty honest with their motives, they don't want the jump. We've got the case of a guy who comes over to give you a present that you don't want, and now people in the house are fighting over whether they want it or not, with the guys in the latter being more vocal. You can try getting into a shouting match with them, but personally I don't think the jump is worth the trouble and I'm not going to bother trying to argue on Bramastra's behalf either.
>>
>>51939029
Well, that's rational.

Look if bramastra does what anon recommended here:
>>51939016

And acts appropriately, can we shelve the hostility and let some work get done.
>>
>>51939020
Of course. You have been samefagging the entire time.
>>
>>51939067
Let Herculanon make the jump. Now you no longer need to fight over Bramastra's personal drama. Bramastra as a person is the problem just as much as the jump is.
>>
>>51939018
There really is no difference between nanomachines and magic RE viruses.
>>
>>51938956
>Drop additional purchases of a ala carte cyber points to 1 CP for 3 cyber points to keep the ratio the same.
I think a 1:2 ratio is fine. Everything there is fairly cheap and you get a fair amount to start with.

>Taking the Cybernetic perk should also let you have stuff from the item section be built into you for no additional charge (bought Spider Vision, have an implant of it gratis. Bought a hook also? Well Go Go Gadget Hook!)
Ooh, I like this.

>A perk that enumerates the benefits of being a Moon Monkey, exclusive and free to moon monkeys would be nice.
Maybe?

>Helden sterben nicht!
Just trolling. You can choose the language.

>You made all those perks but no 100 CP perk for the Hero, Villain, and Neutral alignments or items? Why was that?
Was running out of ideas. If you have some ideas, I could add them.

>Companions, would a 1:2 transfer ratio be permissible, so spending 400 CP total (300 CP + 100 CP) on them would give them 800 CP each like other similar jumps?
Sure.

>Or free import for up to 8 companions, for free with choice of background, but no CP. Spending CP on them gives them all twice the amount you paid?
Maybe. Could be fitting with how tram and group focused Overwatch is.
>>
>>51939085
Site factionalism makes you feel good, just like rooting for your local football team, yeah?
>>
>>51939079
But I was the guy samefagging to help Bramastra with the questions. Have we all been samefagging all along
>>
>>51939067
This is not sb. Apologising does not let you off the hook here. This is not some feel good hug box. Which you would know if you actually had been here for any amount of time.
>>
>>51939020
I have no idea. And now someone respoonded to you who could have been me.

4chan can get so confusing at times.

Say what you will about boards, at least you know who you are talking to.
>>
>>51939023
doesn't like Dva*
>>
41. Muppet Treasure Island
Origin: Officer, Age: 30
Perks: Smart As Paint, Capital Fellow, Sailing For Adventure, Lifeboat Checker, Loyalty, Musical Number, Untorturable
Items: Clothes
Drawbacks: Cabin Fever

I like this companion focus posts, because figuring out what to talk about is actually pretty hard. I've actually picked my current series of jumps just because my companions would like them.

Suke loves Muppets. I like Muppets because I grew up with Muppets, but Suke saw felt animals and immediately ran up to hug one. I freaked out because she's not heavily into emoting, at all. Rizzo, of course, asked for an explanation, but she's cute enough that he didn't complain. Plus, she can waterbend, so every ship she's on makes great time. Combined with her habit of gambling and natural luck, she took to this light-hearted sailing-based world like a duck to water.

Suke loves sailing and fishing and even taking care of boats. This transmits somewhat to cars if we're landlocked for a jump, but being at sea is her passion. She likes the days spent mopping or messing the sail and the strict bedtimes and now she even likes the sailors she's stuck with. When I ask her about it, it comes across as just liking the combination of occasional adventure with the mechanics of boring sea stuff. After this jump, she gets the speedboat from Farcry. At least until I can get her something better.
>>
>>51939085
The problem is that, as i see, a big part of the problem that has been raised is the size of the jump. Won't that be just as much a problem for Herculeanon?
>>
>>51939087
In the Resident Evil 6 fight against that politician guy I literally expected him to go "C-Virus son" on Leon.
>>
>>51939108
It is literally its own site and its own drive with its own makers. He is the own pushing his stuff outside of his home.
>>
>>51939108
He made a claim. He wants to make a better jump than this one. I'm interested to see what he does. If he ends up making a better jump, now we have two jumps that people can choose between. If he doesn't, people can fight then which one they want. SB has pushed for multiple jumps of the same setting before, and it's not like Bramastra owns the rights to the franchise. It's kind of hypocritical if SB argues against multiple jumps now that a jumpmaker from SB is threatened by a claim here.
>>
>>51939169
>now we have two jumps that people can choose between
Against the rules.
>>
>>51939146
That is his problem.
>>
>>51939190
Oh so SB gets to choose what rules we have now but can ignore them at will? Wonderful. Even more reason for bramastra to fuck off to his own sites drive.
>>
>>51939190
People aren't constrained by rules in their own head dummy.
One's over there, one's over here. It's no biggie.
>>
>>51939146
I plan to split the jump into two parts for exactly this reason. The story changes in scale to much to truly balance it. Linley's journey brings him from someone famous at Hogwarts to the strongest man in the multiverse.
>>
>>51939146
Doubt it. Size isn't an inherent issue. Earlier another anon raised a good point as far as size goes. We have jumps that are literally over 100 pages long with better organization and flow than these 40 pages. If Herculeanon's writing style is different, size isn't necessarily a problem.
>>
>>51939114
samefagging inside samefagging

*inception noise*

>>51939116
I've been here a few months. And, yeah, it probably was a little idealistic/stupid of me. I just asked myself if this was real life, how would I try to help, and the answer wasn't really apropos for 4chan.
>>
File: Mei and D.va.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mei and D.va.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>51939023
>>51939123
>doesn't like Dva
Huh. Any specific reason for that? I was planning on picking both of them up as companions
>>
>>51939190
Are you the Law?
>>
>>51939016
>With the best will in the world, I think the best way forward, assuming you want to continue to refine the jump here,
>>51939085
>Bramastra as a person is the problem
Oh boo fucking hoo. I have heard worse from Valeria, and Red, and more. This seems not to be an issue with the jumpmaker, but with the type of people who have grudges with jumpmakers. Careful of the company for are keeping there, anon.

They are not being treated with kid gloves, so do not ask for kid gloves from them.

>>51939085
>Let Herculanon make the jump
let him put it on some other drive, is what you tell every other jumpmaker you try and drive off.

I personally don't have any problem with alternative jumps of the same setting, different strokes for different folks and all that, but if you are only allowing one, then Herculanon came months late to the party.
>>
>>51939231
>>51939209
>>51939207
Can't keep it in your pants and have to make it obvious you're shitposting, huh?
>>
File: 1488131678729.png (418KB, 530x493px) Image search: [Google]
1488131678729.png
418KB, 530x493px
>>51939087

Oh, we have no fucking clue what the hell the Bugster/Bugster-related phenomena is.
It appears to be an unexplained "so now data can become reality" virus, i guess thematically similar to a virus that jumped from something like pigs or birds to humans?
All I know is it ain't nanomachines.
>>
File: Law.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Law.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>>51939231
I AM THE LAWWWWWWWW!
>>
>>51939242
None of that was shitposting.
>>
>>51939211
That sounds interesting.

I take it one will be in the mortal world and the other in the divine realms. That would make the most sense for a two-part split.

And there is alot going on in the Yulan Continent, plenty for a standalone jump.

Would you use the same set up for the differing powerlevels between parts as Heavens and the DB and DBZ jumps? or is it too early to ask?
>>
>>51939214
>if this was real life
If this was real life, most of us would have told Bramastra to stop bothering us so we can get on with our own business.
>>
>>51939262
It probably won't get explained.
>>
>>51939266
Do we have a Dredd jump?
>>
>>51939266
Jesus I'm glad somebody got the reference. Seems like these idiots are too busy with their drama shit
>>
File: 1461467837999.jpg (242KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1461467837999.jpg
242KB, 2048x1896px
>>51939262
IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT IS WHAT IT IS.
>>
>>51939238
Except bramastra has never been able to push his steaming pile of shit here. It exists on the SB drive. He literally only came here to make sure this thread could never have anything but his broken bullshit.
>>
>>51939271
It would most likely be more like MCU and MCU 2 with part 2 serving as an extension to the first jump rather then as a separate jump of it's own. Something like Heroes and Saints followed by a Gods and Sovereigns extension.
>>
>>51938479
Ah, that's a pity. Can't really blame you though.
>>
>>51939262
We know that it was invented by Pac-Man, though. That was a weird Movie War. Made all the stranger for the fact that it might be canon.
>>
>>51935645
Jumpers! Who's your voice actor?
>>
>>51939104
>Was running out of ideas. If you have some ideas
I got nothing right now, was just wondering if it was a design choice, not not wanting to give to many 100's away or something.

>Maybe. Could be fitting with how tram and group focused Overwatch is.
It is my favorite of the recent companion methods. No need to worry about people asking around about the undocumented multidimensional hobos that hang around you, and an easy solution for hanging CP. have a spare 50+ CP and nothing you really want, hey, that can get your companions a 100 CP perk, toss it their way!
>>
>>51939362
Tim Curry.
>>
>>51939190
Remember back in the day when Brellin made his garbage Exalted jump that tried to cram all exaltations of a particular tier together into single origins? It was completely ignored by us, and Babylon Anon went ahead and started work on his own version (then there was the car crash and thread grew sick of him in his absence, but that's irrelevant to current situation). This is the exact same situation only the creator is kicking up a fuss because only his people should be allowed to write replacements for garbage jumps.

It was rejected by thread, therefore the claim was open. Let's just ignore his whining and move on.
>>
>>51939331
Everyone wants to be that singular special snowflake, with none other like it in the world.
And if you can't be it, then make it.
>>
>>51939221
D.Va is CUTE!
>>
>>51939394
D. Va is a fucking gremlin.
>>
>>51939221
Jealousy, I guess? Dva's a hot, young, famous girl who is a hero because of video game skills. Whereas Mei is a monstrous abomination wearing the flesh of a woman with a howling abyss where her soul should be.
>>
>>51939293
No, sadly.

>>51939299
Indeed, here I am trying to debate whether taking Project W in Resident Evil would make RPGs your natural enemy while literally half of this thread has descended into flames.
>>
>>51939391
Except that wouldn't even work out. Bramastra has nothing distinctive about him to set him apart from other jumpmakers. He's not fast, he doesn't make a lot of jumps, he doesn't write in any particularly special way. He's basically just mediocre all across the board. Hard to have any special singular snowflakes if you're just mediocre.
>>
>>51939378
As much as I like the idea of Herculeanon making a coiling dragon jump, and as much as I understand Bramastra has a rough personality and... history, I can't help but feel sorry that such a large jump with so much work gone into it, is being summarily discarded.

I mean, you may not like the work or the form it takes, or its structure or tone, or content, but it is still representative of a lot of work and I can't help but feel a little sympathetic.
>>
File: unknown.png (210KB, 415x443px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
210KB, 415x443px
>>51939309
If it's any consolation, most of the benefits appear to be something you can only really get out of a driver. Being infected is actually bad because they don't get the benefits, the Bugster do, and the bugster need the host to die to fully realize.

>>51939276
It's a rider gimmick.
They have all the handwave of a comic book without the autist authors to try and canonically justify it.
>>
>>51939372
>I got nothing right now, was just wondering if it was a design choice, not not wanting to give to many 100's away or something.
Nah. That's also the reason I don't have 100s for items. Was /really/ stretched thin coming up with items.

Fair enough on the imports.
>>
File: 1420421568845.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1420421568845.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>51939432
It would not make RPGs your natural enemy. I'm tempted to make that a joke line in the jump but I'm nervous people would take it too seriously.
>>
>>51939457
It isnt being discarded though, it is going back onto the drive that he uses normally and he already said he doesnt come here.
>>
File: D.va.png (753KB, 876x876px) Image search: [Google]
D.va.png
753KB, 876x876px
>>51939394
CUTE!

>>51939425
Ah, fair enough. That makes total sense. I can understand Mei getting fed up with D.va's jealousy
>>
>>51939448
Not quite what I was going for, anon. But I am really sorry, but I've got to go to bed and can't take the time to porperly explain.

Good night everyone.
>>
File: MONS_2105.jpg (108KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
MONS_2105.jpg
108KB, 640x383px
>>51939432
If it's any consolation the thread is a lot keener on drama than it is on neat, niche ideas. With all the talk of the Puzzle and Dragons jump or WIP or whatever shit last thread, I realized that I could become the world's most powerful udon using the monster option in the WIP.
>>
>>51939482
+100 drawback - at any final confrontation the enemy will have a rocket launcher to use against you.
>>
File: 1487171992687.jpg (195KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1487171992687.jpg
195KB, 1024x1448px
>>51939360
It is fucking heavily implied to be canon by the show, as the events that the movie EXPLAINS are all canon.
>>
>>51939394
Sure, sure. Right up until she says "I'm number 1!" In a grating fake voice for the the thousandth time.
>>
>>51939457
Then you might as well be weeping for Dirge considering he's got like 200 pages worth of jumps in limbo, or 2000 something pages if you go by the shitposter trying to get them removed.
>>
>>51938528
Wait, I just remembered, I want a Gremlin drawback. A drawback where you're a tiny little annoying thing that gets crumbs everywhere and everyone hates you.

Or at least an option to take Gremlin D. Va as a companion.
>>
>>51939511
No, I mean the "the guy who infected Emu is a weird Pac-Man cosplayer" part might be canon. It's definitely canon that Emu was infected by the Bugster Virus long before anyone else and is the Patient Zero, but whether it was Dr. Pac-Man is a bit more ambiguous.
>>
>>51939266
RESPECT THE BADGE
>>
>>51939362
Peter Stormare.
>>
>>51939532
Eh I didn't mind it when Robbie Rotten did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3mWZxCmEzk
>>
>>51939362
Evetta Muradasilova
>>
>>51939362
David Tennant.
>>
>>51939362
...A choir of a couple hundred people, each ran through an auto-tuner? There's also some crystals in there, and probably some Morgan Freeman.

My jumper's voice is weird, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>51937098
Anti-life immunity, >>51937888 and that one from Castlevania are the best soul protecting perks.
>>
>>51939362
Brian Blessed.
>>
File: 1487149739189.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487149739189.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>51939551

Yeah, that's one of those things that's part of a factor of why I'm wary on ruling the movies as strictly canon, and why that's hard. Some days it can be easily ignored, some days it explains a canonical thing like Nadeshiko.

I can only guarantee the broad strokes, not something as stupid as the history erasing machine..
>>
>>51939362
https://youtu.be/ItXygU9SJCA
>>
File: d21.jpg (55KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
d21.jpg
55KB, 600x538px
>>51939362
>not doing the voice-acting yourself
Pleb-tier.
>>
File: CvkwLoUUkAAdobK.jpg (126KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
CvkwLoUUkAAdobK.jpg
126KB, 850x601px
>>51939543
>>51939491
>>51939420
>>51939394
>>51939425

Might as well post something on topic of sorts.
Reminder that making pic related canon is not only cool but effective if you use the Gamer Driver offered in NH part 3~
>>
>>51939478
>stretched thin coming up with items.
Replacement panties for the pair that vanished into Dragon Ball when Oolong made that one wish.
>>
>>51939654
...I'm scared to click that.
>>
Steven Universe update never.
>>
File: 1485638195720.gif (789KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
1485638195720.gif
789KB, 444x272px
>>51939695
I love this idea a little too much.
>>
>>51939362
Shuichi Ikeda.
>>
>>51939728
Afraid of clowns? It's a 7 foot tall clown with a voice like an angel.
>>
>>51939728
Because of clowns or because of bancho?
>>
>>51939695
Her power would be dank memes.
>>
Last Line of Defense in Seven Deadly Sins says it "is solely a temporary measure". So is there a finite time limit, or is it more that it's inefficient and shouldn't be used long-term?
>>
>>51938414
Nothing. It's fluff. I'll make that clear when I update it.
>>
>>51939725
I intend to use the IRC Illuminati to get Heavens to confirm that the panties came from the OC saiyan companion in Z.
>>
>>51939758
yes?
>>
>>51939695
I'd give her Bang Bang Shooting, personally. She's from an FPS, she'd know how to use it right. Plus, Bang Bang Simulations being a strategy game means she can put her old Starcraft skills to good use.
>>
>>51939729
It does need one. The Companion Import options make sense for the show but it's a little annoying for companion heavy jumpers. And some of the powers really should be free for gems and half-gems.
>>
>>51939792
Unfortunately its makers are some of the least likely to want to do it.
>>
>>51939792
Uh anon it was a comment on how the jumpmaker is never coming back I think
>>
File: Sad_Jasper.jpg (43KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Jasper.jpg
43KB, 640x550px
>>51939729
True, it's probably never going to happen. Would've been nice to get an update though.
>>
>>51939792
The jump suffers from the problem of there not actually being a lot of options. 2 of the origins are the type that have high CP costs and a bunch of free skills. The last background is drop-in... but a lot of the stuff is restricted to the other 2 backgrounds, so they really only have their perks to choose from, or a couple of expensive ones that'll eat up most of their CP.
>>
>>51939833
And I'm guessing someone else updating it would be a horrible idea. It's not that the jump is in any way bad, but it could use a little correction.
>>
>>51939293
>Do we have a Dredd jump?
I keep crossing my fingers for a Judge Dredd (the movie) imaged jump made by CCDT or Stupid Dog,

A Dredd (the other movie) imaged jump by Myrmidont or someone else.

Then a text one covering the comics made by yet another person, Gaunlet, Mardukth, Tameri, someone like that, which can be one of those long multi page ones..

I would say Worn_Anon, but even I know that would be a pipe dream among pipe dreams.
>>
>>51939876
>Worn_Anon
>Worn
What are you implying anon.
>>
>>51939897
Like a hotdog down a hallway

Shut up. I'm going to use that phrase whenever I can
>>
>>51939262
>"so now data can become reality"
You mean you don't know all of reality is a simulation run from a mainframe in the 5th dimension by the Imps?

data has always been reality.
>>
>>51939897
>What are you implying anon
That the 'N' key is right next to the 'M' key.
>>
Is there any way to combine spells? I want to cast dozens of buffs in an instant.
>>
>>51938381
Okay, but where are the perks or items based on skins, tags, and voicelines?
>>
>>51939986
There are some magic systems where that's just a thing you can do. Mage the Awakening is one of them, but you do eventually hit a limit.

Otherwise I suppose I cheat from Justice League Dark could do it.
>>
>>51939986
Dark wisdom in overlord
>>
File: bugcatchers.jpg (67KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
bugcatchers.jpg
67KB, 620x465px
>>51939897
That's not how Worm works Anon.
>>
>>51939986
>I want to cast dozens of buffs in an instant.
There was a quadra spell perk somewhere recent.

Multiple threads of consciousness work for this is you can cast by thought (no words / gestures needed)

Quadra Magic Materia in FF7
X magic materia from same
Gem Box in FF 6 gives dual magic

Power Combination from Young Justice, combine 3 magic spells into one.
>>
>>51940024
That scene is 20 different kinds of fucked. Nasu is a creepy man.
>>
>>51939792
>>51939833
Didn't WakfuAnon abandon all his jumps?
>>
>>51940074
I think the Sakura stuff was more Urobutcher's work. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a story of Nasu getting upset with Uro's original draft of Sakura's trauma-fest and calling him inhuman. It was apparently much worse before the toning down.
>>
>>51939986
Spellmaking in Elder Scrolls is more or less choosing different spell effects that you know how to do and casting them all as one spell, or for different durations or magnitudes. The real problem is efficiency, which improves with various perks and understanding of magic.
>>
>>51940096
>It was apparently much worse before the toning down.

Oh God. Did he have some sort of sick fascination with worms?
>>
>>51940116
Nah Urobuchi just knows how to hate his charachters and put them through hell. Besides Nasu is the one who wrote her as having been constantly raped for ten years until her mind broke.
>>
>>51940116
He has a sick fascination with suffering.
>>
>>51940096
It's just so fucking stupid and edgy. It's like that comic book about Hell with the constant rapes and Nazis.
>>
File: rolling.gif (6MB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
rolling.gif
6MB, 580x326px
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Pantheon
20 years old
Adventurer 100
Dark Elf
Falna
Realis Phase 400
Valis
Grimoire 700
A Living Blade 1300
Family Reputation 1200
Monster Bait 1000

Took a while to make this build. Knew I was going to take Realis Phase due to the whole shonen protagonist thing and eventually realised I was probably going to take Grimoire (for a new spell each jump and something that gives me a mana stat as soon as I've read it) and a 600 CP option.

Ended up choosing A Living Blade as a constantly improving weapon with a potential tied to my own sounded great. Considered Purview and Unearthly Beauty instead but the sword seemed a little more unique.

Rolled Elf and chose Dark Elf as, although I'm not entirely sure what they look like in this setting, they tend to be my preferred flavour of elf.

For a Falna I'm going Hestia as I watched the anime and not many of the others are particularly expanded upon. Plus it'll put me on the same side as the character with a ridiculous skill that lets them kill anything as needed now and again.

Monster Bait means I get attacked more by enemies which is arguably a good thing as A) I'm tankier than your average adventurer and B) it saves me going to find them for those sweet gems and that sweet XP.

Family Reputation means people treat me differently due to having an infamous family although I haven't decided why. Anyone have a good reason my family are infamous?
>>
>>51938528
I would really like to see Omnium discounted Omnic, since is it basically their womb and healing system, but to keep symmetry Humans would need a 600 Perk or Item something discounted for them. Moon Monkeys could have their racial stuff boosted to 600 CP worth and made discounted and mandatory for moon monkeys instead of charging for the race.
>>
>>51940288
Hestia family has two adventurers both with the bullshit Realis Phase ability, people look upon your group with fear about what you and Bell both could become.
>>
>>51940288
*Swings pocket-watch on chain fob*
>You want to make a Judge Dredd Jump.
>You want to make a Judge Dredd Jump.
I want to make a Judge Dredd Jump.
>Damn Skippy you do!
>>
Two while threads consumed by shitstorms, all because BLADE thinks "thread-racism" is a thing.
>>
>>51940389
It's been over for hours. And Blade already got over that bit too.
That's enough anon. Let it die.

Although if you really want to blame someone blame the faglord from IRC who leaked the beans.
>>
>>51940404
Pretty sure you just bit bait, anon.
>>
>>51940404
He is trying to keep the shitstorm going so he can masturbate.
>>
>>51940096
The pit of rape worms and Sakura getting regularly thrown into it since childhood was there well before Urobutcher got involved.
>>
File: 1435794221615.png (35KB, 255x213px) Image search: [Google]
1435794221615.png
35KB, 255x213px
>>51940415
>>51940416
Fuck you're probably right.
>>
>>51939875
Has anyone seen amalur? It's unfortunate that the fiat plane-traveling restriction is a thing.
>>
>>51934423
I honestly can't recall any sort of natural half breed in the series. There's people who seem human but in reality are another race with their powers and/or memory sealed but nothing comes to mind for a character with parents of different races.

Well, except the Giant Matrona's kids but they're just ordinary humans. Somehow. Other then them everyone with powers from another race, which is basically just humans having drunken demon blood, is artificial.

>>51936178
I've only seen a couple episodes so I'm probably not a great source but it didn't seem much more then season 1-2 supernatural level of danger. Cool show though, from what I saw.

>>51939362
Not sure. Probably Valenzuela. Really like Velvet's voice. Done a few other nice ones too. Also happens to be Best Pig Hawk

>>51939764
Was more meant to indicate that you're not as useful in that form as out of it, unless you're working a specific play, unbreakable in that form and if someone hist you hard enough you'll die. No time limit.

>>51940096
Nah, the scene where Kariya dies in front of Sakura, whilst Granpda Zouken mocks her and tells her that's the fate of any who defy him iswhat made Nasu call Gen a cold blooded guy.
>>
>>51940455
>a canon fact that only a spark can allow one to travel the Blind Eternities
>fiat
Whatever you say.
>>
>>51939543
I can probably do something with that.

>>51940343
I like where you're going with this, but I think I've got a better idea for a Moon Ape 600 CP. How does a secret moon base that follows you between jumps sound?
>>
>>51940477
>Was more meant to indicate that you're not as useful in that form as out of it, unless you're working a specific play, unbreakable in that form and if someone hist you hard enough you'll die. No time limit.
Oh, excellent. I have some plans that would benefit from being able to use that long-term. Thanks, Val.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51940481
That's not true. There's a few ways to get between planes in MTG.
That's not even accounting for OOC things either. Of course I can see why there's a ban, but to say it's canon is simply not true.
>>
>>51940477
Does boosted Tandem Style do anything with the sources of energy? Like, if I combined prana with ki, would my Dragonheart Core produce pranaki?
>>
>>51940455
>>51940512
The thing is, the JC spark lets you travel between multiverses. Long ago it became okay to be able to travel within a multiverse (I think the first jump to offer it was Asura Cryin'), but traveling between multiverses invalidates jumping as a concept.
>>
>>51940512
Oh shit, that makes me wish someone would make a Weatherlight Saga jump.
>>
>>51940541
Yeah but just going between canon MtG planes wouldn't violate that.
>>
>>51940541
Um, yeah? And traveling between the planes would still be traveling within the same multiverse.
>>
>>51940565
I think the problem is that since mtg jumps are presumably going to be seperated by plane then there would be some seriously fucky overlap if it were allowed.
>>
>>51940481
...There's no fucking way you're not shitting me.
>>
Am I reading How to Train Your Dragon right in that we can Import an existing Companion as a dragon?
>>
>>51940537
Nah, just mixes the results. Dragonheart will only produce mana as normal, it'll just mix that mana with your ki. You get the combined pools but the benefits of stuff like Dragonheart or other perks/items don't get changed to cover all energies you've combined from the get go.
>>
>>51940578
But that's no different from going to the MCU from Marvel or Young Justice from DC.
>>
>>51940371
I think the family thing is supposed to be about your actual parents so for the drawback it'd have to be something like ma and pa Dark Elf were stripper assassins. That might be what Dark Elves are like here anyway though. Just like Warhammer.

You're right that the Hestia familia would get a lot of notice from the gods but I figure that's going to happen to you regardless of what familia you join if you have Realis Phase. Might as well work with the other mary sues.

>>51940383
Dredd is pretty huge and I don't know it well enough to do it justice.

The sad thing is I remember (IIRC) Marvel Anon talking about it way back in the day as a possible jump. That could have been great.
>>
File: Dragons.jpg (12KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.jpg
12KB, 228x221px
>>51940582
Yep, just imagine Stoick's reaction to Tiki or Nowi.
>>
>>51940578
I mean, we also have jumps that allow you to go from Creation... to Creation and DB Earth to DB Earth.
>>
>>51940599
DC and Marvel universes are pretty similar in what they're all about while MTG planes might as well be different settings in and of themselves.
I'm not going to say it would be horrible to allow for travel between planes in Innistrad, but it would stop being about Innistrad real quick if it were.
>>
>>51940599
So then why do we need an MCU jump?
>>
>>51940648
Why do we need any jump? Because someone wanted to make it.
>>
>>51940636
I imagine that imagining such would be easier if I knew what those were.

Was gonna grab Hime in and see how she takes to flying.
>>
>>51940648
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>51940593
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>51940681
The Manaketes from Fire Emblem, they are dragons that can take human form and are overall nice people.
>>
>>51939146
>Complaining about big jumps.

These are the plebs of the jumpchain world right?
>>
>>51940648
>>
>>51940681
They're loli dragons who wear skimpy clothing. So it'd be like "Wait, dragons can be PEOPLE!?" then "WHY ARE THEY MOSTLY NAKED LITTLE GIRLS!?"
>>
Street Fighter Jumpchain CYOA
By Valeria & NuBee
Misunderstandings +200
The Demon +200
Strongest in the World +300
rolling for locationRoll(1d8)+0:8,+0 Total:8 chose North America New York City.
Rolling age Roll(2d8)+16:8,6,+16 Total:30
rogue free
Combat Method:MCMAP free
Ki Manipulation -200 pretty necessary
the streetfighter -500 fairly expensive capstone booster, but considering the capstones
energy sponge -600 yes give me all your energy
unassuming free for rogue
instant ninja, free for rogue
pressure points -100 discount for rogue very good in a fight
tandem style -300 discount for rogue now to mashup all those martial arts styles I've collected so far and energy pools
the plan: tournaments lots of tournaments , mainly going full kamen rider
>>
>>51940714
>>51940720
Loli dragon girls make everything better.
>>
File: 1468690006395.png (150KB, 677x439px) Image search: [Google]
1468690006395.png
150KB, 677x439px
Hey guys I'm back, what did I--what the fuck. Why are there Cheetos all over the floor. O-oh god, it's not just Cheetos, there's spaghetti all over the fucking house. It's in the goddamn sink and the toilets. What the fuck did you all do while I was out today?!
>>
>>51940764
It's one of the best archetypes, along with the loli vampire.
>>
File: 484094061.gif (642KB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
484094061.gif
642KB, 400x231px
>>51940771
I have included a clip from video shot earlier today in this thread.
>>
>>51940771
I'm dying Heavens. Help me pls
>>
File: 1481340081200.jpg (48KB, 573x544px) Image search: [Google]
1481340081200.jpg
48KB, 573x544px
>>51940771
Believe it or not, a corner of the house still exists. We have talked about curious things.
>>
>>51940789
I'm supposed to laugh at the absurd phallic objects, but I'm just amazed at how elastic flesh is.
>>
File: spag.jpg (74KB, 640x522px) Image search: [Google]
spag.jpg
74KB, 640x522px
>>51940771
We invited Papyrus over to cook spaghetti for us.

...It didn't work out.
>>
>>51940771
Don't worry, i got a guy with bleach, bags, and shovels on his way right now. We won't have to get the cops involved again i promise.
>>
>>51940785
I've got a loli spaceship.

>>51940771
Dude, you missed, like, everything, man.
>>
>>51940545
The kamigawa myojin of nights reach also travels planes as a night goddes.
>>
File: Ara42.jpg (882KB, 1660x2298px) Image search: [Google]
Ara42.jpg
882KB, 1660x2298px
>>51940771

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51940771
We also set the house on fire but only a little.
>>
File: 1457561208957.gif (895KB, 460x327px) Image search: [Google]
1457561208957.gif
895KB, 460x327px
>>51940813
I will agree it is strangely fascinating. Have a few more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wrGMxCaglQ
https://youtu.be/XjwO9InuFJk?t=45
>>
>>51940720
So what your saying is that we need to give them better clothes to wear and then we will achieve ultimate power.
>>
>>51940634
>Dredd is pretty huge and I don't know it well enough to do it justice.
Sylvester Stallone Movie is a lot more forgiving. Also no other universes and ghost zombies getting their fingers in your post apocalyptic world.
>>
>>51940872
Better how? Considering they're dragons, I figure it's more for aesthetics than any actual protection from various.
>>
File: ifonly.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
ifonly.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>51940771
I'm fine. We're fine. Everyone is fine. It's fine.

It's not fine.

Also, we had a discussion about victory music earlier in the thread so I thought I'd ask: will your Final Fantasy jump have an option to get the victory music that plays after you win a battle? Or maybe a general soundtrack perk?
>>
>>51940840
What setting has loli spaceships?
>>
>>51915749
I'm back!

Anon's bizarre jumpchain #4:
Black Lagoon
- This is gonna hurt.

Origin: Smuggler (950)
- So almost all of these origins have some who wants to kill them? Believable, for this jump.

Perks:
World of Badass (900)
There is no reason why you shouldn't take this perk. I declare it the best perk in my travels so far.

Two-hands

Aerialist (750)
-I've got to get a pirate ship. With all those ropes hanging around, all be invincible.

Customs (450)

Implacable (150)
-More durability perks, I need more!
Well, it's not really a durability perk, but it's still good to have.

Items:
Badass Threads

Preferred weapon (100)
- Pistol, obviously. Don't need to be a weapon of mass destruction. It's reliable.

Cool Boat (-50)
-Kind of need one.

Kevlar lined prop (-150)
-do you think a coat is too big?
If so, i'll just take an umbrella. sounds good.

Cash x3 (-300)
- Not only do I have these, I still have some of those gold coins in my warehouse somewhere.

Drawback:
Always someone cooler
Freak show (0)
- Benefactor wants a bloodbath? Fine.
Let's show them what a rabbit can do.

Guess the benefactor really wasn't kidding, was she? This place is the biggest hive of scum and villainy I've seen... Maybe ever. My memories are getting a little hazy.

Anyways, my companions and I tried to live a relatively "normal" life smuggling simple stuff. Weapons, drugs, immigrants, whatever.

Key word there is "tried". Within the first month, some juggalo asshole tried to beat me to death. I lit him on fire. Then some sadomasochistic bitch almost kicked my head off. Then repeat again, and again, ad infinitum. Really glad I set up those pirate ship masts on my ship, even if it led to some weird looks.

But anyways, me and the crew did fine for ourselves, and jumpchan probably got enough blood sacrifice to satisfy her.
>>
>>51940490
>How does a secret moon base that follows you between jumps sound?
Great! I couldn't fit the one from MMPR into my budget!
(Crewed by NPC Moon Apes, I hope?)
>>
File: 1461417616164.png (150KB, 388x280px) Image search: [Google]
1461417616164.png
150KB, 388x280px
>>51940923
Huh? Oh, yeah, I can totally include that, no problem. It makes sense for the jump, too.

I'm too exhausted to reply to everyone or mentally process the rest of the thread. Real life is kicking me in the balls enough without factoring /jc/ shitposting and shitstorms into the equation, so I think I'll pass on this one.

I'll keep yall updated on my jump progress.
>>
>>51940872
Eh, I myself stopped giving a fuck about normal modesty pretty quick, so I'm cool with people being as naked as they want.
>>
>>51940954
Wait, you're black!?
>>
>>51940923
>pic
>spoiler
Oh, shit, was there some IRC drama, too?
>>
>>51940965
Thank you! And yeah, take it easy man.

>>51940981
Not that I'm aware of; I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I haven't been in IRC today.
>>
>>51940593
Val, would Animatic from Demons of Astland count as spells for the purposes of Infinity?
>>
>>51940949
Kancolle, imported my YT-1300 the Headless Chicken from Clone Wars. She goes by Chicky. Even better, she's tsundere.
>>
>>51940965
Good luck, man! ^O^
>>
>>51941026
Is it an actively cast spell that you yourself cast? I dunno anything about Demons of Astland so you'll need to help me out here.
>>
File: Ara22.jpg (37KB, 543x819px) Image search: [Google]
Ara22.jpg
37KB, 543x819px
>>51940965

Bodacious Babes

Don't worry bro it has to get better for you soon
>>
>>51940636
Where can I get a Manakete companion?
>>
>>51941052
Kind of, yes. It's strictly not "spells" in the setting, but it's a magic effect that is focused upon. From the jump:

>“With the exception of hermetic druids, other mana wielders are, by and large, spell casters. In other words, they use rituals, pronouncements, incantations, etc. as well-defined vehicles of mana transport. Animages, on the other hand, do nothing of the sort. What animages do is to manipulate mana using their own personal animus. In other words, they bypass the traditional frameworks and achieve spell-like effects solely by force of concentration and will.”

For that matter, what about Wish Granting from Fate?
>>
>>51941035
Bet she loves that name.
>>
>>51941091
Pick a fire emblem jump that isn't sacred stones.
>>
Planning on making a build for a Native Jumper from Mega Man. Thinking of making it a malfunctioning Sniper Joe. Suggestions on jump order or build?
>>
>>51940965
You can always take a break for awhile if it ever gets too much for you. I hear SB could use more regulars.
>>
>>51941105
Her first conscious action was to punch me through several sand dunes and forbid me from naming my children.
>>
>>51938528
Drawback ideas.

>Unboudacious
>Rival
>Pacifist
>Constant pain.
>>
>>51941133
You were told to fuck off last time.
>>
>>51939362
James Spader
>>
>>51941104
Well, I guess casting would be a better term for it, so both those should still work, yes.
>>
>>51941133
Heavens already has an account and goes ther though.
>>
>>51939631
>Morgan Freeman
Something BLADE did right.
>>
>>51939631
Let me guess SWLiHN Charms?
>>
>>51939362
In Human, Humanoid, and Werewolf form after his voice is ran through a mangled recording studio - Jonathan Adams as Tyrael: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DESKsNOuq0A

In Dragon Form / invoking higher nature: Jonathan Adams as Xuen, while running his voice through a full-blown furnace - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1R7Y4SwPk
>>
>>51939986
Gamer update had quad spell, which let you cast four spells at a time.

FFTA has doublecast, which lets you cast twice at once. Not sure if it's two spells or one spell twice though.

I think FF7 has a quad spell materia.

With just those three, that's 32 spells. Good enough?
>>
Hey guys, got a few questions.

1. If in the Pokemon Trainer Jump you study under Bill/Bebe/whoever would it be allowed to build a Pokemon Storage System into a laptop to bring more than your party of 6 with you without having to take a return? I assume such a system would have a much smaller capacity than the one on Bill's servers, but being able to leave with 8 companions instead of 6 would let you do a full companion import on your second jump. Would you need to take Technician(and/or Mechanic) for this to be feasible, or would Savant with previous background in code and electronics be sufficient?

2. If you import your starter Pokemon as your partner in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon it gets full devolved to start the chain. If in the course of your PMD jump you evolved them into a different form (say your starter was an Eevee evolved into Jolteon in PMT but Vaporeon in PMD), does this form permanently replace the original evolution, or do they have access to both as alt. forms after your PMD jump is over?

3. Nincada, when it evolves, splits into two Pokemon(Ninjask and Shedinja) with matching genetics and personality. If you were to spend CP to take Nincada as your Pokemon form in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and evolve during those 10 years, what happens? Is the Shedinja your clone, a Pokemon that thinks like you, or some other possibility I haven't thought of? Do they get your non-Pokemon abilities, much like they get the same moves the original had? Do they become a companion, become a jumper in their own right and take their own jumpchain, or stay in PMD land to live out life as a Pokemon?

4. If someone in a Pokemon form uses Infectious Bite(Van Helsing I think) on someone else who already has a different Pokemon form, does the bite-ee get a second pokemon form, is their old pokemon form replaced with the new one, or does it just fail since Pokemon are *technically* the same species and they already have a Pokemon form?

5. Same as 4 except with Faunus(RWBY).
>>
>>51941302
All of those questions are fanwank territory. All of them.
>>
>>51941277
If doublecast doesn't work, hit up FE heroes and import some kind of wand/staff as a brave weapon.
>>
>>51940978
I mean, I was a black rabbit in wonderland, so technically?
>>
>>51941179
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>51939986
Well it's not combining, but Atelier Arland has a perk to let you cast loads of spells at once so long as you don't mind paying more mana.

I use it for bullet hell purposes, but it should do what you want as well.
>>
>>51941319
eh, well I guess I'll do whatever makes the most sense if/when it comes up. Mostly I was curious what people would say about the Nincada thing when I thought about it, figured it might be something that fell under some net ruling about Jumper cloning or something.
>>
>>51940715
People complain about jumps being too big all the time.
>>
>>51941446
Things you create fall under the whole jumper children blanket ruling of "not touching that shit with a 2 AU long pole."
I'd imagine it's the same kind of thing in that case.

If you want it to be a companion that's just fine.
>>
File: Titanfall 2 Vanguard.png (230KB, 316x577px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall 2 Vanguard.png
230KB, 316x577px
I have a question about the Titanfall jump:

Are Origins mutually exclusive from Specializations?

For example: can you take, (Origin) Engineer and (Specialization) Pilot at the same time?

Being able to build and pilot the mechs would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>51939986
Going about it in a more round about manner, Shadow Clones(specifically from Naruto, but I'm pretty sure there's other settings with similar/identical abilities available, just can't think of them) can each cast a different spell on the same target, and with a decent set up (or enough time training) you should be able to spit out thousands of them at once. Granted this takes two instants, but it's likely the highest number of spells you could cast in that amount of time.
>>
>>51940959
Yup. Now I just need one for humans.

>>51941153
I like those.
>>
>>51941496
Yes. Yes you can, and that in fact is what I ended up doing.
>>
>>51941486
That's almost got me tempted to go for it, but I don't think I'd be able to go 10 years as a bug without going nuts. I'd need to be something with thumbs at the very least.
>>
>>51939551
>>51939648

I think the Movie War is canon because Dan specifically references Doctor Pac-Man's real name (Zaizen Michihiko) when he talks to Taiga about Emu in the episode after MBXX debuts I believe?
>>
>>51940582
You can do the same in Inheritance/Eragon.
>>
>>51941535
Hey Red I have a question about the original Resident Evil Jump. Does the BOW companion still have her memories from before she was experimented on?
>>
File: Titanfall Stryder.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall Stryder.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>51941535
Awesome! Thanks for the answer Red.

Titanfall is one of my cornerstone tech jumps along with Anno 2070, Kerbal Space Program, and Spiral Knights.
>>
I've been looking at SDS and...

What settings where pigs/pig-like beings are plot relevant do we even have?
>>
What are the rules for importing an existing companion "into" a specific one given by a jump? If a jump offers a robot/magical animal companion, can I import a companion into that slot and have it be their alt-form?
>>
>>51941863
Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>51941847
>all those settings
Good. Taste.
>>
>>51941864
If it says you can do that then you can. If it doesn't then you usually can't.
I say usually because sometimes people forget to put that in but then later say you can if asked.
>>
>>51941302

5. Huh? If you take a Faunus species at the beginning it becomes your alt-form. But they aren't werewolves- you don't become a faunus if you get bit by one. Did I misunderstand that?
>>
>>51941843
Yes, yes she does.

>>51941847
I had the same question before, anon. I only know the answer because I asked then as well, and gained phat loot because of it.
>>
>>51941891
Ok, thanks. There go my plans for an R2 unit/generic death robot/phoenix/dragon/Metroid. Understandable.
>>
>>51941909
Infectious Bite specifically allows you to transform people into your altforms the same way a werewolf passes along his curse. He's asking if he could use it to make someone who's already a Pokemon/Faunus into a different type of Pokemon/Faunus.
>>
so cold
>>
File: LED Dragon.jpg (132KB, 1200x540px) Image search: [Google]
LED Dragon.jpg
132KB, 1200x540px
>>51941302
I'd think that Infectious Bite would grant whatever Altform you were using it with onto a target, regardless of the target's current form.

So a Faunus or a Pokemon would gain a new Faunus or Pokemon form due to Infectious Bite.

To me, that makes sense.

If you want to have some fun, use some sort of altform combining perk, then use Infectious Bite. Turn people into Turtle-Bird-Dragons or some other sort of mish-mashed abomination.
Thread posts: 618
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.