[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 91

File: 40k general.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40k general.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Tau are not a suitspam faction edition

previous bed
>>51920996

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and is better than the garbage above
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (I am sorry for leaving the book open, but I am Alpharius)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Am I bad or is the Deathwatch codex not on the mega?
I picked up the start collecting box for some allies for my Dark Angels and was wondering what the best loadouts and methods of deployments are.
>>
Also first for the first legion.
>>51925907
>>
>>51925900
artillery is unreliable and inaccurate, especially so in the 40k, which is why the tau use superior air support (fw air support) to provide the heavy dakka they need.
Yes I know the autism suits exist but for the moment ignore them since they're op/retarded/unnecessary, though the tau'nar has non-retarded fluff.
>>51925907
frag cannons are life, that and the corvus blackstar is nice, other than that idk too much about dw, they're pretty bad in 7e, lower than all other loyalist sm codices from what I remember
>>
>>51925927
>artillery is unreliable and inaccurate
So that's a "yes, I've always been a moron" then.
>>
>>51925888
>>51925907
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
>>
Rip in piss cheetah poster.
>>
>>51925954
i miss him kinda
>>
File: DG.png (321KB, 866x1326px) Image search: [Google]
DG.png
321KB, 866x1326px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51925945
Thanks anon

>>51925927
Yeah they're just allies, I was thinking about something like 4 infernus bolters/4 frag cannons podding down to assassinate blobs or hard targets (in the case of the cannons).
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (265KB, 900x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
265KB, 900x1171px
> tfw I missed the "everything you own in a list" from the last thread
>>
>>51925976
Illegal/7
>>
File: IMG_1459.jpg (177KB, 900x1114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.jpg
177KB, 900x1114px
Hey guys I'm kind of new to 50k and wanted some units to play with and Deathwatch grabbed my eyes the most. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>51925976
I'm going to have to swap the lord choices due to warband compulsory sadly.
>>
File: battleforged2.jpg (87KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
battleforged2.jpg
87KB, 1000x1000px
>>51925995
>>
File: mk3-6_enl.jpg (73KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
mk3-6_enl.jpg
73KB, 800x680px
Assuming I were capable of sculpting Chaosy armour trim up to at least a good-when-painted standard, what would be the best way to Chaos up Mk III armour, with similar trim to the Chaos Raptors/Warp Talons (lightning bolts aside)? Seems fairly straightforward for all the frontal armour, but the layered plates on the backs of the legs would need a nice balance. Too much and it'll look like a filigree clusterfuck of plastic Guilliman proportions. Not enough, and they'll look like they have Chaos fronts and loyalist backs. Would trims just around the ankles and ass-plates be enough, maybe with some toothy growths from some of the other armour plates like on the DV Chosen?

Also, ideas for how to make the faceplates of the helmets nice and Chaosy? Or should I just ignore the plates and corrupt up the trim around the brow?
>>
File: 1485309269209.png (1MB, 900x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1485309269209.png
1MB, 900x1400px
Be honest, if female Marines are added in 8th edition and models become available, would you buy them?

(The fluffy explanation could be that improvements of the geneseed by the mechanicum make it possible, and Emperor Guilliman decrees that women should be inducted into the astartes either forming their own chapters or joining the existing ones.)
>>
>>51925995
>40k big typo
>>
>>51926015
No. One of the biggest draws for loyalist astartes for me is the whole brotherhood thing.
>>
>>51926015
Depends on the quality of the models, and whether GW's writers abstain from adding in too much Sigmaresque He-Man/superhero bullshit in 8th. There's already enough of it in not-End Times Gathering Storm.

Also (and most importantly), it's a matter of whether or not my wallet can take it... so, I probably won't.
>>
>>51926015
No, Marines are stupid. Making them women is just more fetish fuel.
>>
>>51925989
>>51925996
I wouldn't suppose you'd have any suggestions?
>>
File: truck01.jpg (79KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
truck01.jpg
79KB, 1024x694px
>>51926015

I wouldn't buy them, because I wouldn't want to support a decision that was made due to SJW pressure as opposed to legitimate lore.

Women can't be Space Marines, end of.

If you want a human army with female minis than you can play Sisters of Battle or Imperial Guard. To be fair, this isn't exactly the easiest thing to do (Sisters buyers are fucked in general and to get chicks in your IG you have to buy third party heads), but with the rumors of plastic Sisters models being worked on right now due to the insane popularity of the Cannoness and Celestine models that's a potential option that we should be hearing about fairly soon.
>>
>>51926015
No. Because it doesn't make sense.

Why can't they create another girl faction? Have an all girl mechanicus force or something? Why does it HAVE to be space marines?

If GW started pandering to this level I would stop supporting them. I know GW loves destroying their own fluff but come on, there has to be limits.
>>
>>51926015
We already have this in soritas. GW just needs to produce them again.
>>
>>51925943
no need to be rude, but the scatter in 40k means that artillery goes off a lot, or at least I have bad luck with it
>>51925835
story cont
>did I say 2 vendettas, I meant 3, apologies
>his turn, moves up everything, shoots at the vets
>vets are hiding in some ruins waiting for deep striking support
>he rolls that psychic power for ignores cover
>deny it
>he is annoyed, focuses everything on that squad
>scatter laser shots from everywhere, even the WK shoots with them (it has the ghostglaive/shield combo with scat lasers)
>roll a bunch of 3s
>thank the emprah for stealth (ruins)
>make like 18 saves, only fail 3, sergeant still alive
>moral check passed
>nothing happens in the assault phase
>turn 2
>reserves phase
>vendettas come on
>ignores cover attack pattern
>deep strike them near homing beacon, no scatter
>"anon, vendettas don't have deep strike"
>shows codex, he sees price of 130
>seems slightly angry
>roll for more reserves, both standard vert squads come on (just 5 man vet squads with no upgrades)
>plop them as meatshields for the other vet squad
>fail roll for executioner squad, next time
>move vet squads into further cover
>twin link the sniper again, twin link the lasguns on the 7 man vet squad as well
>remove the wounded scatbike squad with snipers
>remove another squad (they're 4 bikes each iirc) with lasgun fire
>vendettas take a look at the third squad, he kinks
>justasplanned.jpg
>announce ignores cover attack pattern
>remove the bikes
>1 wave serpent with 5 wraithlords and the WK left
>the wave serpent is charging down the 2 command squads
>his turn
>unloads the wraithlord, they remove the command squad with the ground scanners
>wasn't my warlord
will finish this, got some stuff to do
>>
File: 131658771972.jpg (172KB, 960x859px) Image search: [Google]
131658771972.jpg
172KB, 960x859px
Can love bloom among daemonkin?
>>
>>51926069
I agree with anon, artillery is really good. Emperor's Wrath deletes all kinds of bikes and units that give dumb cover saves.

I'm enjoying your socially awkward kid stands up to slightly more adjusted huge faggot story though.
>>
>>51926006
I was gonna do something similar with mk4 armor. I thought about taking the horns off of regular CSM heads and sticking them onto the mk4 ones. No idea about the faceplates.
>>
File: leopardlaughing_0.jpg (87KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
leopardlaughing_0.jpg
87KB, 500x333px
>Aeldari
>>
New to wh40k.
Whats my get started shopping list /tg/?
Do i need the $850cad painting kit?
Is the "project case" worth it?
How much greenstuff do i need? Soild or liquid?
Do i need extra bases?
>>
>>51926193
yay, bit late though
>>
>>51926165
I was considering Mk IV armour as . Definitely much easier, since it's got the larger, smoother plates like Mk VII. Less challenge though, and the Rubric Marines are already in Mk IV.

There's actually a couple of Chaos Mk IV heads in the Raptor/WT box, but if you want your CSMs to have more than two head options, you'll have to make your own variants. CSM horns on BaC heads, plus some green stuff work, would be a start.
>>
>>51926218
what fraction
hell no
not yet
at all till you start conversions and general fuckery
depends
>>
>>51926221
*as well

>>51926193
Well, at least you made it.
>>
wd march is out already, does someone have a mirror?
>>
File: oblit-conv3.jpg (116KB, 785x855px) Image search: [Google]
oblit-conv3.jpg
116KB, 785x855px
>>51926006
Doing it well is a lot of GS work.
>>
>>51926218

> Pick a faction you think looks cool and has cool lore
> Buy the Start Collecting! box for that faction ($15)
> Buy the Citadel Paints kit for that faction ($15)
> Buy a spruecutter, a hobby knife, and some superglue
> Download the rulebook and Codex for that faction from the Mega (or buy them I guess)

That's all you need to get started.

Alternately, if the faction you like is Dark Angels or Chaos Space Marines your checklist looks like this:

> Buy the Dark Vengeance starter kit
> Buy some paints

Read the rulebook, read your codex, go play some games, and report back how much fun you are having.
>>
>>51926165
I did that with mine they look nice. Though I used tzangor horns. Putting the heads on rubric bodies for my chosen.
>>51926221
Am I only one who dislikes those raptor heads?
>>
>>51926261

>> Buy the Start Collecting! box for that faction ($15)

That should be $85
>>
Been thinking about starting Death Guard as a third army, and looking at Gdubs site is making me ill

>Havocs are resin
>Plague Marines are resin
>Nurgle prince is resin

Wrryyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>51926015

If they looked good, I would.
>>
>>51926309
Death guard are easiest dudes to do yourself however. Use mark 3 power armour space marines and green stuff. Can also use blightkings from fantasy line as well.
>>
>>51926309
Forgeworld:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Death-Guard-Conversion-Set

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Death-Guard-Terminator-Conversion-Set

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Kalibrax-Pattern-Autocannon-Set
>>
>>51926265
Yeah I don't like the raptor heads much myself. I was gonna go with the alpha legion upgrade kit from forgeworld on my mkiv's. I feel like "chaotic" looking armor doesn't fit AL very well, so I'm probably not going to do much green stuff.
>>
>>51926156
emperor's wrath is a good formation, but most factions have underwhelming/bad artillery
I'm happy you enjoy the story
I'm not really socially awkward, but I am petty and enjoy fucking over faggots, especially since they rarely aggro me, I am 6'4 and relatively fit, so not a neet
>>51926069
back to the story
>he is really confused as to why my warlord is the sniper squad
>d-99 gets snipers as free upgrades to lasguns, elysians don't
anyway
>WK charges the meatshield vet squad
>he asks if i'll overwatch smugly
>lasguns vs WK
>I ignore him
>I straight up remove the models and he charges the other meatshield squad through soulburst and I remove them without rolling as well
>wraithlord charge, get shot with snipers that miss and fail the charge
>turn 3
>roll for executioner squad
>pass
>let's go fuck someone up
>for reference the executioner squad is 5 vets and a sergeant, all 5 vets get a plasma gun and i also put in a vox
>I should now mention that I have no orders, since d-99 get no orders and the elysians command squad died
>deep strike them in front of the command squad which has a homing beacon as well
>no scatter
>vendettas fly off table, failed brake turn
>plasma rifles in rapid fire range from executioner squad, 1 guy dies to gets got
>rape ensues
>wraithlords all dead
>snipers shoot at the WK, all hit but no wounds
>end turn
>his turn
>wave serpent removes the executioner squad, which were blocking the command squad
>WK shoots, then charges last vet squad, removes it
>turn 4
>bring on vendettas
>shoot the WK with them
>7 hit, all wound, he passed 1 save, WK dead
>by this time everyone including the store owner is watching the game intently
>they all gasp as the WK dies
>he is visibly angery
>accuses me of cheating, says that forgeworld armied can't use brb warlord traits
>store owner tells him it's all legal and that I played a fair game
>his turn
>he shoots the command squad, kills 2 of the snipers, warlord still alive
>turn 5
Almost done anons
>>
>>51926229
I'm 1/8th

When does the Project case become worth it?
So greenstuff is for bigger models and ork players then?
>>51926261
The gw shop has a Drill and a "sculpting kit" is that a scam for me doubloons?
Would the Paint kit for the faction be like "good enough" or is literally all you will need

I'll get on that reading asap
>>
>>51926370
Will the rulebook/codex have these formations and datasheets i keep hearing about?
>>
>>51926105
As a Black Legion player, I was pretty disappointed. Fear and Crusader are two very underwhelming rules, the turn 1 Deep Strike requires a ton of non-Deep Striking tax to unlock, Terminator Annihilation Force isn't available as a core AND has next to useless benefits, and our Warlord Traits and Relics are still absolute garbage. I'm better off sticking with the detachment from Traitor's Hate.

Turbo-Hatred is nifty, but good luck getting into CC with enough MEQ's for it to matter. Letting us take Marks isn't much of a benefit when baseline Marks are overpriced garbage on the vast majority of units.
>>
File: 1213090314381.gif (378KB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1213090314381.gif
378KB, 330x186px
>get new WD today
>everything looks pretty nice
>see the reader mini of the month
>see trough cloth and painted nipples
>>
>>51926375
>formations
Some of them. But formations are spread across a lot of different stuff including things like old White Dwarf magazine articles and various books. But it depends on your faction whether any of that stuff matters. For some (Ad Mech/Skitarii) it's very important. For others (Genestealer Cult for example), everything is in the one book.

>datasheets
Yes. Those are the standard rules antries for the various units.
>>
>>51926369
>turn 5
>bring vendettas around
>"ride of the vendettas"
>aim at the wave serpent
>molestation of the serpent
>fucking tabled the chaeldari player as guard
>the emperor protects
>he says that FW armies are op and need to be nerfed and that flyers are op and need to be nerfed
>laughingcheetah.jpg
>he packs up his models
>The guys at the store are fucking pleased with how the game went
>get shouted lunch by the warconvo and sm player
>mmm, sushi
>everyone loves me at the store now
>I achieved victory because of the emperor
And that was the story of how I out cheesed eldar, well at least sort of
anyway, was fun sharing the story with you anons, hope you don't get fucked by eldar like I did in my first game
>>
When will they remove Tyranids already? No one gives a fuck about that joke race anyway.
>>
Why does GW fuck aussies and kiwis so hard on the exchange rate? I understand charging more for shipping but it doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>51926370

>The gw shop has a Drill and a "sculpting kit" is that a scam for me doubloons?

The drill is only if you want to drill out the barrels of weapons to make them "look better". If you're not in modeling competitions it's not required, no one in an actual tabletop game is going to notice if random space marine #57 has a drilled bolter barrel or not.

The sculpting kit is nice if you work with greenstuff or other putty a lot, otherwise it's not needed. Greenstuff is good if you're doing custom models or altering existing models, it's not something you'll likely be doing for a while.

You won't need either of those things to get started, and most people don't ever need them.

Also, I forgot to mention, in case it isn't obvious you'll need dice and a tape measure as well.
>>
>>51926369
>I ignore him
>I straight up remove the models and he charges the other meatshield squad through soulburst and I remove them without rolling as well
What a long, boring story that could have been summarized as cunt-on-cunt action.
>>
>>51926446

My girlfriend plays tyranids
>>
>>51926370
Anon, what army are you interested in?
>>
>>51926370
ignore >>51926473
Always drill your barrels.
>>
>>51926461
Taxes and sales rates and all that jazz.
>>
File: heavy.png (38KB, 202x306px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.png
38KB, 202x306px
>>51926324
I'd just get recasts so I could make the marines out of a mix of the different MK variants depending on the torso. Doing that legit would get way too expensive. For the havocs I'd keep them older, sturdier variants.
>>
>>51926489

Literally no one in my meta (including people who have been playing for decades) drill their barrels. I asked when I started playing because I was also curious.
>>
>>51926309
Plastic devistator kits
Plastic chaos marine kits
Plastic daemon prince kits

Boom, good to go.
>>
Post games when you ENDURED.
>2v2 me mech guard with footslogging gk vs nurgle csm and haemonculus coven
>they both ignore gk and go fo me
>gk intercept biker lord with spawns and 7 talos engines, other units trying to run away from him
>csm have 3 mauler fiends, i failed to stop them turn one, second turn they charge my veterans and wipe them
>maulers are so close to me, punisher Pask actually shoots one in rear and fucking decimates him, ram other mauler with leman and finish him of with point blank shot from basilisk
>one basilisk immobilized, i split squadron so i can shoot two different targets
>Immobile basilisk with 1 hp shoots direct fire for the rest of the game, blowing away everything before him
>one grotesque squad stuck in sentinels, other destroyed by demolisher
>my command squad stuck in fight with plague marines and wracks for the rest of the game
>turn 4 gk sweeps what left of them
>kept you waiting, huh?
>>
>>51926370
The drill is a hobby "pin vise". It's not a scam, it's standard hobby gear, but you can get a non-GW one for cheaper. The sculpting tools oare useful but only handy if you do a lot of sculpting work. And again, you can get non GW for cheaper. Until you're sure you want to do a lot of green stuff sculpting I would buy them and just you your hobby knife and a normal wooden pencil. You shouldn't need anything more than that for basic techniques.

The tools you really need are clippers, A large-ish brush, a smaller brush, plastic glue, super glue, and the specific paints you want for your guys. You may also want a few extra staple paints. Things like black, white, primary and secondary colors, a silver and gold metallic, and black and brown wash.

The rest of the stuff is things you can pick up as needed.
>>
>>51926370
The only thing you should buy from GW is paints and models. Everything else you can get the same elsewhere for cheaper.
>>
>>51926432
Good job! And that comes from he eldar player. Fuck cheese builds.

But you called wraithguard "wraithlord".
>>
>>51926533
>would buy them
wouldn't buy them
>>
>>51926503
At the very least buying forgeworld weapons for Havocs is the THE proper way to do it and cheaper than the official GW kit.
>>
>>51926506
Disgusting.
>>
>>51926473
How many dice? 30? What else do i need for dice, wound counter? do i need dice for specific things?

>>51926489
>>51926506
Glad i have started a Drill discourse

>>51926484
adeptus sororitas
Which doesn't have a Starter kit, the people who got me into it are all getting starter kits so i'll probably get a starter kit for someone else and add the SoB as allies as i try and get the models, my local doesn't have any models for it

>>51926535
>>51926533
My problem is i don't know what everything else is

I'm writing down all those paints. Thanks
>>
File: Warp Spider 1.jpg (114KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Warp Spider 1.jpg
114KB, 1200x1200px
PLASTIC ASPECT WARRIORS WHEN?
FUCKING RUSKIES CAN MAKE BETTER WARP SPIDERS THAN GW CAN!
>>
>shadows over hammerhal
>the most recent rumour engine
Do you guys think Fulgrim and the Emperor's Children/Slaaneshi units are getting updated soon?
>>
>>51926580
>Adeptus Sororitas
Anon, you chose perhaps the most expensive and outdated army in the game.
>>
>>51926591
Then just order the Boris version. What's the problem?
>>
>>51926537
apologies for calling it the wrong name
all of the wraith bullshit is confusing and all of it is supremely op
>>
>>51926580
>adeptus sororitas
Oh, my sweet summer child
>>
>>51926591
>Warp Spider spamming Aeldarifag

Fuck yourself faggot
>>
>>51926370
Just a recommendation. Don't buy any of this shit direct from GW.

1. Tools like drills, glue and hobby knives can be bought cheaper, either from a different company such as Army Painter or simply from your hardware store.

2. Buying models and paint direct from GW is also dumb because either your local game shop or many online shops (EG. Wayland Games) do everything 20% off RRP. Ebay is also good for cheap minis - Just keep an eye on the price compared to getting it from Wayland or elsewhere.

3. Paints are important. I would recommend finding a faction you like and watching a few youtube videos to find a way of painting them that appeals to you and provides the look you want from the model. The people doing these videos will tell you what paints they used.

P3, Army Painter, Vallejo and GW themselves are the main paint companies for this stuff.

GW's own Channel, Warhammer TV provides beginner level tutorials for many of their minis, but bear in mind they'll only be using GW products.The guy who does it is the patron saint of /TG/ and /WIP/ in particular.

4. Walk before you can run. Get some cheap models off ebay to learn on and get your mistakes out the way. I would ignore drill bits and green stuff until the basics are down.
>>
>>51926591
>FUCKING RUSKIES CAN MAKE BETTER WARP SPIDERS THAN GW CAN!
Nah. GW just hasn't done it yet.

That said, I find it weirdly appealing that the Phoenix lords are still using models that are 25 years old.
>>
File: I know.gif (1MB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
I know.gif
1MB, 500x574px
>>51926597
>>51926613
>>
>>51926580

>How many dice? 30? What else do i need for dice, wound counter? do i need dice for specific things?

To start with, a couple sets of 12 should be fine. Make sure that if you get dice with designs that you're not mixing and matching them (ie some dice has a symbol on the 1 facing, and some have a symbol on the 6 facing).

>adeptus sororitas

I would strongly suggest against this. Sisters of Battle are cool fluffwise, but they are very difficult to build an entire army around. It would be better to find another Imperial faction and start that army, and then add a Sororitas allied detachment in later.

Ultimately it's your money and your time, so do what you want, but you'll save yourself a lot of headaches if you avoid going sisters as your main force.
>>
File: 82-Lcq_lEzo.jpg (74KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
82-Lcq_lEzo.jpg
74KB, 800x801px
>>51926591
Where to find this?
Russians make good minis
>>
Why is Zahndrekh so massively overrated?

160 points for a guy who can pick his warlord trait on any turn after the first and -serve no other role- is not good.
>>
>>51926638
REEEEEEEE SPACE MARINES ARE ONLY 7' NOT SUPER GIANTS LIKE IN THAT PIC

But yeah, what anon said. Though, to be honest, GW's Moldline remove and clipper are actually pretty good.
>>
>>51926605
They are always out of production.
Also, I don't want just new Spiders, I want the whole Aspect Warrior range to be updated because the sculpts are all OLD AS SHIT.

>>51926614
Been using Warp Spiders since I got into the hobby almost a decade ago, because the Spiders are the coolest Aspect.

>>51926626
Phoenix Lords models are ugly as shit. They desperately need an update.
>>
>>51926652
If he had a scythe he'd be fine.
>>
>>51926653
>REEEEEEEE SPACE MARINES ARE ONLY 7' NOT SUPER GIANTS LIKE IN THAT PIC

Space Marines are around 7' tall outside of their power armor.

Adding the extra height that their boots provide, and assuming that the soldier to his left is around 6' tall, that image scales the Space Marine just fine.
>>
>>51926614

Are warp spiders still broken now that Eldar players can't pretend they get infinite jumps in the shooting phase?
>>
Hello,

Any advice on our Chinese overlord recasters?

Who are to be avoided? And who do you recommend for what armies?
>>
Do you think the Aimperiali Aguardi in 8th will look like Cadians or be a new regiment?
>>
>>51926682
They're still fast jetpackers with good guns and BS5 so yeah.
>>
>>51926580
>adeptus sororitas
Ah. Then Aside from your codex, which you'll probably use Imperial Agents for the book/model kit you'll want is Fall of Cadia and the Triumvirate of the Imperium box. You'll want Celestine no doubt and FoC has the best formation/detachment for running SoB at the moment, Castellans of the Imperium.

Aside from that, try to pick up sisters off ebay. They've been around forever so they aren't too hard to pick up and luckily it's pretty-much foolproof to strip metal minis.
>>
>>51926653
>REEEEEEEE SPACE MARINES ARE ONLY 7'
Do you have anything to back that up besides some old wall scale that has since been contradicted?
>>
>>51925954
>>51925972
I've been away for like a week. What did I miss.
>>
>>51922526

In case this anon is still around

>Are Looted wagons worth the investment?

Not really

>The fucking conversion potential is driving me nuts

Yep, that's why you build them. I tend to run mine as Battlewagons when i do run them though.

>and 77 points for a s8 ap3 large blast with upgrades seems really good,

And if it was Strength 8, like the rules writers in White Dwarf said, you might have a point. In fact, it's Str 7, which makes all the difference in the world. Even Tyranid Warriors laugh at that. Worse, it's 24" range, and when all you have to protect you is AV11 Open Topped, there's a lot of hurt that can come back at you at that range. Worse, they're Heavy Support choices, by far our best and most crowded slot. Yeah you can always unlock more but then why wouldn't you take more Mek Gunz if you're going to do shooting.

>They can hold models which is cool too.

They're deathtraps and can't GO FAST like Trukks, which is the one saving grace of Trukks. Plus 1/6th of the time they don't do what you want them to do.
>>
File: 99800104021_MauganRaNEW_01.jpg (34KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800104021_MauganRaNEW_01.jpg
34KB, 600x620px
>>51926657
>ugly as shit
No way. Aside from being a little static they are still excellent minis.
>>
>>51926257
Very awesome. Full approval for any chaos player that does this.
>>
>>51926677

True, because then his good defensive abilities would come into play and he'd be a solid assault HQ with a support ability.

As is, he's just a tank with a mediocre for cost support ability, and not even so much of a tank as to be handy for just that in this power creep edition.
>>
>>51926049
>fairly soon
Those latest rumours started this year so "soon" is two years from now, give or take a month.

And that's at its "soon"est.
>>
File: Asurmen_Cover_Art.jpg (505KB, 1024x1323px) Image search: [Google]
Asurmen_Cover_Art.jpg
505KB, 1024x1323px
>>51926730
Maugan Ra and Fuegan are the only passable ones.

Baharoth looks like a downie with his squished helmet, Jain-Zar is just plain ugly, Kharandras looks fucking retarded with those giant mandiblasters and stupid as fuck helmet, and finally, Asurmen's proportions are all kinds of fucked. HIS FUCKING HELMET IS AS TALL AS THE REST OF HIS WHOLE BODY.
>>
>>51926709
It's still up in Warhammer World, last I was aware.
Anyway, only BL contradicts the 7 foot hight.
>>
File: slaanesh obliterators.jpg (1MB, 2356x875px) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh obliterators.jpg
1MB, 2356x875px
>>51926257
That guy's work is fantastic.
>>
File: asurmen model.jpg (33KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
asurmen model.jpg
33KB, 600x620px
>>51926760
Compare that art to the actual model.

They don't need to change the look of Asurmen, he looks fine in the art. The model and it's retarded proportions are the problem.
>>
>>51926762
>only BL contradicts the 7 foot height
You may not like it but BL is canon.
>>
>>51926257
>>51926766
Fucking how?
>>
>>51926617
Saved for reference thanks, that is a big help
>>51926638
Thanks for the dice tip!
>add a sororitas allied detachment in later
I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, but anon asked me what army i was running and I panicked, i mean I don't really know who to else to play
>>51926705
That is my goal,I don't know how achievable it is atm. I'll mark down that i need FoC but it just seems like an awful lot of work for so little reward (SoB battlecry at this point eh) One day. Someday.

Ya'll so helpful and nice
>>
File: 7th.jpg (88KB, 679x673px) Image search: [Google]
7th.jpg
88KB, 679x673px
How much base Nobs should in your opinion?
>>
File: d4382.jpg (189KB, 1416x708px) Image search: [Google]
d4382.jpg
189KB, 1416x708px
>>51926778
Nope, it's just in-universe Imperial propaganda
>>
>>51926792
Well, if you want to do an Imperial army to ally your future Sororitas with, there's always one of the many flavors of Space Marine.
>>
>>51926794

10 points.
>>
File: Jain Zar.jpg (108KB, 413x638px) Image search: [Google]
Jain Zar.jpg
108KB, 413x638px
>>51926767
Also, compare Jain Zar in the art
>>
File: jain zar model.jpg (27KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
jain zar model.jpg
27KB, 600x620px
>>51926820
to the actual model.

The same problem that Asurmen model has. The proportions are fucked, plus the overall ugliness of the model itself, completely ruin it.
>>
>>51926780
You git gud.
>>
>>51926805
What are most house rules on ally detachments? because GW rules are you can have an infinite # of them right? When does my opponent say "I'm not dealing with that"?
>>
>>51926714
You missed him not being here. Unlike that song faggot
>>
>>51926580
yer fucked, i also wanted to start with sisters, but moved onto orkz.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 800x551px
>>51926049
Anon love the rumors of plastic sisters are thing since at least 2004 if not from 1997.

When Witch Hunters show up at the end of 3rd with no plastic kit, beside the Immolator that today is Finecast?

Rumors mean shit for sisters till there is a real release giving any value to those rumors beside shitposting is retarded.
>>
File: Eldar Karandras model.jpg (105KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Karandras model.jpg
105KB, 600x620px
>>51926828
Karandras looks goofy no matter what, both in the art and as an actual model. His massive helmet and giant mandiblasters just look dumb.
>>
Since GW seems to be moving away from 25mm bases, would I be able to use my Kairic Acolytes as stand-in cultists for my Tzeentch armies?
>>
>>51926848
Everytime someone talks about him, he posts again with "back due to popular demand". Stop being an enabling faggot
>>
File: Eldar Karandras art.png (660KB, 609x703px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Karandras art.png
660KB, 609x703px
>>51926860
This piece of fanart is the only depiction of him that I have found that looks at least semi decent.
>>
>>51926838
Well you're still limited by points and the allies matrix. The ITC tournament rules restrict people to three detachments total, so that's a reasonable top end. With something like Castellans though you don't need more than the one detachment. All the allies are built into it.

Bascially the game is already gravitating towards an Age of Sigmar style "Grand Alliance" army construction rather than strict factions like in the past. Expect 8th to continue this. Hopefully they still include some restrictive factions like AoS Sylvaneth though.
>>
>>51926838

You can throw in as many allied detachments as you want, as long as you have the points for them.

If you're crazy enough to have an army comprised of your main force and three allies than more power to you I guess.
>>
>>51926857
Well we did in fact get four new Sisters models this time. So that's something new.
>>
File: Eldar baharroth model.jpg (33KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar baharroth model.jpg
33KB, 600x620px
Baharroth's helmet is squished as fuck.
>>
File: Eldar Baharroth.png (2MB, 905x1182px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Baharroth.png
2MB, 905x1182px
>>51926883
>>
So what would you say the current tier list is? Does anyone have an idea when the new edition is out?

Me and some friends are considering returning to the game after years upon years. I've still got some Tyranids left from back then and I'm hoping to build upon them. Should we wait for the new edition? Or go ahead with the current one?
>>
>>51926876
Now why the Cog boys where left out of that formation while having a Skitarii in the art for the thing is beyond retardation.

Also Sororita Comand squad in 6e is a HQ option that need a fat cow, in IA it's an elite choice. In the formation they are an HQ choice with no restriction.

Enjoy more GW incompetence. Either the list is a guideline or GW simply does not care about their products.
>>
Should I get an ecclesiarchy battle conclave (4 Death Cult Assassin's, 2 Crusaders and 3 Arco-flagellants in a Rhino) or a Seraphim squad?
>>51926888
Tyranids only have one viable build from what I've heard. Current edition is really shooting heavy, you can wipe out almost anything before it reaches close combat.
>>
>>51926862
>Since GW seems to be moving away from 25mm bases
Only on bigger stuff. GSC Neophytes are new and still 25mm for example.

But as far as if you CAN. Sure, base size rules have always been kinda squishy in 40k. I doubt anyone will complain.
>>
>>51926015
im not actually sure what would be more autistic. having an army of plastic space marine waifus or boycotting female space marine models in a fit of literal autism.
>>
>>51926794
Leave their point cost alone, give them 'eavy armor base (including Nobz in other units), give Orks some way of not just getting murdered before they strike (either +I on the charge OR Wulfen-like death attacks on the charge), and expand their melee options (drop the price as well).

Units need to stop getting cheaper. Games already have way too many models on the table at "standard" game sizes and take way too long to finish.
>>
>>51926888
Top tier:
Demons
Space Marines
DA/SW
Eldar
War Convocation
Tau

Mid tier:
Everything else

Shit Tier:
Tyranids
Orks
>>
>>51926901
curious, at which edition close combat was favored?
>>
>>51926898
Skitarii/Ad Mech got their own super detachment. Grand Convocation. And you could ally a Grand Convocation and Castellans for large games if you wanted.
>>
>>51926882
To be more technical an asshole SoB got one since New Celestine when attached to a SoB unit it prevents the unit from using AoF. Enjoy huge rule oversight.

So when people shitpost about new celestime not being a SoB they are kind of right.
>>
>>51926901
>>51926910
Bugger. Oh well. Is there any word on the new edition? Or is it far away?
>>
>>51926766

Dude on the left looks sad. What's he thinking?
>>
>>51926913
3rd, when you could consolidate into another enemy unit locking it in close combat.

You know best edition, not because it is good but rather because the others are shit.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 320x272px
>>51926888
Hey,

I don't know what the current tier list is right now, so I'll let someone else answer that one.

I would say to come back now, but know that Tyranids are in really bad shape at the moment. One of the most fun to play, great looking models, but you won't win very often.

No one knows what's going to happen with 8th edition. But everyone is hoping for Buffs to Tyranids and Orks.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 720x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 720x489px
>>51926914
The war combo light? The almost as insulting formation as the Vastal for SoB in IA?

Today I'm salty it seem.
>>
>>51926648
The fuck is this shit, king of balls?
seriously, this looks like arse, that sythe hurts my eyes
>>
File: forced meme.png (3MB, 2356x875px) Image search: [Google]
forced meme.png
3MB, 2356x875px
>>51926766
>>
>>51926919
Her faction is SoB. Not having Acts of Faith doesn't change that. Plus it mostly doesn't matter since it's easy enough to have her leave a unit when you want to use the acts and she's tough enough that leaving doesn't really hurt her. Practically, all it really means is the Celestine herself doesn't get to benefit from AoF, but she's ungodly strong enough as it is.
>>
>>51926778
>BL is canon
Congrats, Commissar Gaunt is now simultaneously real and fictional in-universe.

What would be funny is if vice-versa Cain was fictional in the Gaunt series.
>>
>>51926910

This is right, but the top tier is pretty much its own tier list in and of itself.

S Tier:
- Craftworld Eldar
- Chaos Daemons (Tzeentch)
- Tau
- Chaos Renegades
- Codex: Space Marines/Codex: Dark Angels

A Tier:
- Space Wolves
- Necrons
- Adeptus Mechanicus
>>
>>51926657
>Been using Warp Spiders since I got into the hobby almost a decade ago, because the Spiders are the coolest Aspect.
>tfw I secretly agree with you and love the Warp Spiders' crab backpacks

Thanks GW
>>
>>51926852
I love the SoB asthetic too much to never not play them.
>>51926876
>castellans
>All allies are built into it

>age of sigmar style "Grand Alliance"
I have no idea what any of this means, I'm pretty new to all this
are the castellans the imperial knights?
>>
>>51926945
It's a less restrictive but less OP War Convocation yes. Honestly formation/detachment rules as strong as WC are a mistake even if in this particular case it was ok in that it's what the faction needed to put them into top tourney contention. War Convocation should NOT be the baseline power level for detachment rules.
>>
>>51926965
>Craftworld Eldar
Craftworld on it's own isn't really S tier anymore, neither is Tau. You have to mix.
>>
>>51926979
well, about SoB. i have 200pts of them(repentia+sister squad+rhino) but orkz are my main
>>
>>51926979

Castellans of the Imperium is a new army type that features the defenders of Cadia when it was destroyed. It includes Sisters of Battle, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Dark Angels, Imperial Knights, and Space Wolves combined into one large army.
>>
>>51926965
Pure Tau are probably A-tier, with Riptide Wing specifically being S-tier.

If you're going to break them down like that, Grey Knights, pure Dark Eldar, and some of the CSM legions should be in crap tier. Death Guard might belong in A-tier, and Rehati War Sect should be in S-tier (unless you're counting Magnus and his flying faggot friends as daemons, which is entirely reasonable).
>>
>>51926999

Too bad we don't have any data to properly tier new releases like Traitor Legions.
>>
File: 1468825812438.png (293KB, 474x517px) Image search: [Google]
1468825812438.png
293KB, 474x517px
>>51926828
It's supposed to be the face of the crone goddes, only ugly parts that aren't stylized would be her clown shoes and maybe hair, the transition toplastic would however benefit har a fair bit as they can do thinner pieces and free her hair, when it was metal a topknot could not support that mass of metal.

>>51926860
Again Kharandras is a solid Concept limited by metal casting and structural strength,if you have the helmet alone you notice all the scopion details, again something that can be improved with modern casting techniques.
>>
>>51926907
Alright, so 18 pts base, but with 4+ save built in. Speaking of which, how much would you pay for 4+? I feel like 4pts for heavy armor is 1 point too costly. Tau or skitarii shmucks have 4+ and cost 9 pts.

Also, how much would you pay for klaw or powersword (if orks had it)? If I understand it correctly current klaw price is based on marine powerfist.
>>
I haven't followed the tournament scene in 40k since the start of 7th edition. What makes Space Wolves so high-test? Surely TWC aren't enough to carry the entire codex.
>>
>>51927008
>implying tier lists have ever been based on hard data
Tier listings have always been like 1/3 inter-codex comparisons, 1/3 anecdotal experience (this is why Tau get so much hate), 1/3 "hard data" in the form of internet consensus.
>>
>>51926691
>Aimperiali Aguardi
Astra Millitarum

They were first wave of NĂ¼-naming.
>>
>>51927009
Exactly.
Which is why the models should be upgraded into plastic.

The concepts behind them are good, but the execution is shit.
>>
File: Castellans.jpg (323KB, 768x1781px) Image search: [Google]
Castellans.jpg
323KB, 768x1781px
>>51926979
It's a specific detachment, i.e. alternative way of constructing an army, from the Fall of Cadia book. It rolls pretty much all the standard non-admech Imperial Forces into one army with very few restrictions.
>>
>>51927018

Holy fucking shit I've been on this shitty site too long. Auto-correct turns high-tier into high-test?
>>
>>51927018

Cheap Fenrisian Wolves and PF/TH/SS Thunderwolves.
>>
>>51926691

Why would they when Acadia aexploded?
>>
>>51926999
>counting Magnus and his flying faggot friends as daemons, which is entirely reasonable
They pretty much are. Nobody is ever taking them with CSM in competitive.
>>
>>51926876
>Bascially the game is already gravitating towards an Age of Sigmar style "Grand Alliance" army construction rather than strict factions like in the past. Expect 8th to continue this. Hopefully they still include some restrictive factions like AoS Sylvaneth though.

How the hell would this even work? Right now the only factions that make sense lorewise to ally with each other are Imperium ones. The allies matrix covers this fairly well.

The only thing that would change in a grand alliance setup would be that you would no longer have to pay an HQ tax for allied detachments or could bring in individual units that weren't part of a specific detachment. You can already do this, it's called playing unbound.
>>
>>51927016
Melee weapons across the board need a price cut. 10 points for Power Weapon equivalents is the absolute highest, but 7-8 would probably be reasonable. 15 for a Fist equivalent. Most pistols could also do with a price decrease.

Like 8-9 PPM for 'eavy armor boyz would be a good target to shoot for, assuming you unfuck mob rule and give them something to ameliorate their terrible initiative.
>>
>>51926794
Same points with ld8 and stock 'eavy armour.

Remove Meganobs as an entry and make Mega armor an upgrade like Bikes.

Power axes as option between the Big choppa and PK in cost and power.
>>
>>51927051
Not like that stops shitposters from using them as proof that Thousand Sons aren't garbage.
>>
>>51927055
Eldar grand faction
Imperium grand faction
Chaos grand faction
Probably Necron+Tau grand faction as some sort of xenos coalition. Maybe even throw in the Orks.

Psuedo-squat Tyranids.
>>
>>51926883
Of all the Phoenix lords he it the meh'est, lacks character, looks more like an exarch than a phoenix lord.
>>
>>51927055
>Right now the only factions that make sense lorewise to ally with each other are Imperium ones

laughing Ynnari
>>
>>51926678
Marines are 8 feet in current fluff, they used to be 7 feet.
>>
>>51926997
>>51927031
>combined into one large army.
Fucking wow?!
Thanks for shareing this information, That's like goals desu
>>
>>51927071
>Probably Necron+Tau grand faction as some sort of xenos coalition. Maybe even throw in the Orks.
Not even the Marvel/DC crossoververse had that awful shoe-horning.
>>
>>51927073
Yeah.
He perhaps needs a whole rework.
The others work well aesthetics wise, but their models are simply just super old and thus quite ugly by modern standards.

Also, I want new fucking Aspects and Phoenix Lords.
WHERE IS THE WARP SPIDER PHOENIX LORD, OR THE PL OF THE SHINING SPEARS?

WHAT ARE THE SLIZING ORBS OF ZANDROS!?!
>>
>>51927055
I meant more philosophically rather than explicitly.

The Eldar already have their Grand Alliance, Chaos as well. Tyranid/GSC form the basis of another. Tau could easily be added to the Eldar as a favored "younger race". The seeds of that are already in the fluff. The really tricky factions are Necrons and Orks given they usually go it alone.

If I remember the "Age of the Emperor" rumors correctly though they broke down as Necrons/Tau with the Necrons being the secret puppet masters of the Ethereals and Orks/Nids/GSC as the leftovers in a stupid "Fuck it, destroy everything" faction.
>>
File: Night Lords - 1850pts.jpg (219KB, 900x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords - 1850pts.jpg
219KB, 900x1242px
R8 and H8

Night Lords warband that got rekt by tzeentch
>>
File: necronface.jpg (8KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
necronface.jpg
8KB, 233x217px
>>51926965
>>51926910

There is no point ot make tiers on faction, as noone plays as "faction" anymore.

In my last big tournament for examlpe had very succesfull armies categorized as "Imperial Guard". In fact it was demon spaming psykana division + flyrants or other shit.

Exception are Eldar and Tau - they are still viable as "faction".

From my last big tournament:

A-tier:

-Deathstars (Space Marine, Space Wolves, Dark Angels)
- Gladius (Space marine)
- Magnus lists
- Pink/blue/brim horror spams
- Psykana Division summoning
- Eldars
- Tau (suits / drone farm)

B-list (and reason why not A):
- Knights (still viable, but due to grav spam less effective)
- Flyrants (problems with scoring)
- Necrons (as pure faction not competitive, need riptide wing or other support)
- War convo (not so good atm but still viable)
>>
>>51927055
Eldar, Adarkii Aeldarii and Aharlequinii are united into 1 blob already. And they are now resurrecting Papa Smurf, so he in is gratitude migh overlook the fact that they are filthy xenos for some time.
Chaos have books for Khorne Daemonkin, Thosand Sons and will probably get more.
Even Tyranids cant have any allies in Rulebook now got Genestealer Cult as Ally of Convenience.
>>
>>51927113
>Orks/Nids/GSC as the leftovers in a stupid "Fuck it, destroy everything" faction

And this is the reason I don't trust those rumors. Necrons/Tau I could believe. Orks/Nids just doesn't work on a number of levels.
>>
>>51927125

I don't know why Tyranids and GSC aren't battle brothers, considering they're both from the same species and have the same exact goals.

I guess GW doesn't want people running Chimeras filled with Genestealer broods.
>>
>>51927142
You can asspull anything.

>Nids realize orks give them constant new things to learn due to their random nature and breed like wildfire = Holy shit all this magical biomass coming out of nowhere!
>Orks realize nids constantly adapt and provide them with a solid challenge as well as numbers for great big scraps

Voila, an "alliance" of convenience.
>>
File: 1460423044048.png (817KB, 500x950px) Image search: [Google]
1460423044048.png
817KB, 500x950px
>>51927103
>WHERE IS THE WARP SPIDER PHOENIX LORD
They are a recent addition made after the creation of the infinity circuits

>OR THE PL OF THE SHINING SPEARS?
In self-imposed exile after his pride allowed the first Asurmen to be slain by N'kari, Iyanden has his lance as relic.

>He perhaps needs a whole rework.
Yeah, I could see him with the classic and rather "rising angel" pose, overused but it's Socket well in with his blind ability.
>>
>>51927156
>I don't know why Tyranids and GSC aren't battle brothers, considering they're both from the same species and have the same exact goals.

No They have very different goals unless you're only counting the Patriarchs, which is of course the tragedy of the GSC. And in the fluff any alliance breaks down as soon as the Tyranids actually show up and start eating everyone.
>>
>>51927119
Broken OP tier according to waacfag and netlisting that do not know how to play:
Dominion squads with meltas
Seraphim and old Celestine
>>
>>51927167

eh

sounds kinda gay
>>
>>51927156
GSC want to throw of the shackles of the imperial oppressors and ascend into godhood as "promised".

Nids are hungry.
>>
>>51927156
Can't GSC do that already and their Genestealer are objectively better than the ones Nids have?
>>
>>51926006
Just get some of the mk2 style chaos shoulder pads and use a chaos helmet
>>
>>51927167
Why think so much?
Some warp storm happens and orky psychic merges with hive-fleet psychic making one big waaghsynapse. That sounds just as plausible as anything GW wrote lately.
>>
>>51927213
Like the Imperial side getting more fuck over than Chaos when losing the connection to the warp.

That was beyond stupid even in the context of FoC
>>
>>51927169
>They are a recent addition made after the creation of the infinity circuits
Someone still had to create the Aspect.
Also, fucking Shadow Specters have a Phoenix Lord, why can't the Spiders have one?

>In self-imposed exile after his pride allowed the first Asurmen to be slain by N'kari, Iyanden has his lance as relic.
I hope he comes back at some point.
>>
>>51927230
Because spectres are old.

The aspect was crated in imitation of the warp spiders that maintaint the infinity circuits, not a aspect of khaine and not founded by a student of Asurmen.
>>
>>51927230
What if Irrlyth IS the shining spears phoenix lord? He have spear weapon that better on charge.
Just changed his image and nobody noticed.
>>
I thought scorpion fenix lord went to incubi lord
bad english
>>
>>51927257
That... makes good sense actually, it was his headstrong nature, love of dramatic entrances and drawn out battles that got asurmen killed, whereas the SS aspect is the opposite, only issue is that Irillyth studied under Asurmen along with Drastanta.

>>51927288
First one did, Kharandras was unique among the Phoenix lords as not having studied directly under Asurmen.
>>
>>51927031
>Sororita command squad
>HQ
>AS/IA

The fuck?
>>
File: dark eldar drazhar.jpg (187KB, 1058x1452px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar drazhar.jpg
187KB, 1058x1452px
>>51927288
The first one did. Then he became ebil and is now known as Drazhar.
He dueled Karandras in the shrine of the Slicing Orbs in the ruins of the Craftworld Zandros.
Which begs the question; WHAT ARE THE SLICING ORBS?!?
>>
File: 1431719433386.gif (632KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1431719433386.gif
632KB, 440x247px
>>51926614
>Mfw Warp Spiders have been my favorite aspect since 3rd because the concept was metal as fuck
I wish they'd get a heavy handed points increase, or nerf so I could play lots of them again.
>>
>>51927254
Then who founded the fucking Warp Spiders?
>>
File: 1463992451488.png (337KB, 554x404px) Image search: [Google]
1463992451488.png
337KB, 554x404px
>>51927336
>>
>>51927334
Raw would probably be you just take either the HQ version from AS or the Elite version from IA as an HQ choice.
>>
File: battle yoyo.gif (726KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
battle yoyo.gif
726KB, 500x281px
>>51927336
> WHAT ARE THE SLICING ORBS?!?
An aspect that emulates Khaine's mad battle yoyo skills.
>>
File: 1464079695819.jpg (25KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1464079695819.jpg
25KB, 346x346px
>>51927080
>fluff gets updated to be in line with american supermacho ideals
>6'11" is considered standard human male height
>8' space marines are still "too short" and feel like manlets"
>claim they're actually 9' in armour
>"I know a guy that's 7'8" and everyone I know including me is already 7' I want my superhumans to be super not numale manlets"
>2020 8th edition rolls around
>Cadians are 8' average, space marines are 16', 20' in power armour
>human women's ideal height is still 4'11"
This is our future.
>>
>>51927348
"like several of the other Eldar Warrior Aspects there is no known founder, or Phoenix Lord, of the Warp Spider Aspect Shrines, although the lore of the Kaelor Craftworld speaks of the Lhykosidae, the Wraith Spider, who might be a Warp Spiders Phoenix Lord perhaps even the Aspect's Asurya, the first Phoenix Lord. The truth of the matter may not even be known to the Eldar themselves, lost in the mists of the ancient past."
>>
>>51927357
Not in Elite at least not in the list.

Think GW forgot that the interns that made IA, put them in Elite.

Either the list is a guideline or a colosal fuck up.
>>
>>51926794
10ppm, with Klan Options
>Goffs, +1 T, Fearless
>Bad Moons, all shooting wargear is 50% of cost, everyone has git findas free
>Evil Suns, unit can take a free Trukk, or half price Warbikes. Skilled Rider.
>Blood Axes, Outflank, Shrouded, and Infiltrate
>Deff Skulls, entire unit gains a 5++, rerolls 1 to save with Lukky bits
>>
>>51927383
>like several of the other Eldar Warrior Aspects there is no known founder, or Phoenix Lord,
Which several other warrior aspects?
Besides Spiders, there are what, the Crimson Hunters?

GW seriously needs to create new warrior aspects.
>>
>>51927392
That my point. You can use the version that's Elite in IA, but it will be an HQ in Castellans.
>>
>>51927409
S4 T5 2w 3A nobs for 10 PPM?
>>
>>51927415
What about marine bikes?
>>
File: 1460056318202.png (74KB, 667x658px) Image search: [Google]
1460056318202.png
74KB, 667x658px
>>51927414
>>
>>51927414
Those, and Scorpions technically don't know their original guy right? I think he fell to chaos? I could be wrong though
>>
>>51927373
so oppai loli?
>>
File: photo.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>51927373
>>
>>51927426
Not clear. Best I figure is that you always have to buy them in the Elite slot for Castellans, but if you have the appropriate HQ their battlefield role still becomes Troops in game.
>>
>>51927435
Phoenix lord of Crystal Dragons is Seath the Scaleless.
>>
>>51927373
Joke aside. What is the point of Xbox Huge soldiers? Easier time to hit them?
>>
File: 20170226_002124.jpg (2MB, 2317x1303px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_002124.jpg
2MB, 2317x1303px
Sup niggys I need advice for my would-be competitive list, been tinkering and changing things for some time. What does it lack? What would you change? Right now the thing that worries me the most is lack of dakka and AA.

++CAD Dark Angels++

>Company Master, Artificer Armour [(None), Infantry, Lion's Roar, Relic Blade]

>Command Squad [Apothecary, 4x Grav Gun, Sacred Standard, Storm Shield, Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Tactical Squad [Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine, Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword], Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Tactical Squad [Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine, Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword], Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Ravenwing Bike Squad [2x Meltagun, 2x Ravenwing Biker, Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bomb]

>Ravenwing Bike Squad [2x Meltagun, 2x Ravenwing Biker, Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bomb]

>Ravenwing Darkshroud [Heavy Bolter]

++ Allied Detachment++

>Celestine, The Living Saint (FoC)

>Battle Sister Squad [Battle Sister x 4, Sister Superior, Battle Sister w/ Multi-melta, Immolator [Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

++ IK Oathsworn Detachment++

>Knight Paladin [Heavy Stubber, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon]
>>
>>51927435
>Shining Spears: Hit & Run
Shining Spears have anti-MC gimmick iirc.
Spiders' wounding against initiative is also adds more flavor.
>>
File: 1440546165210.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1440546165210.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>51926261
$140 for start collecting in Australia
>>
>>51927467
No I wonder because if you buy a marine hq in a bike then the bikes turn into Troops.
>>
>>51927419
As ridiculous as this suggestion is, it still will get raped by Wulfen if you do a 500 pts vs 500 pts melee brawl. Probably.
>>
>>51927517
For fucks sakie, that is EXPLICITY what I addressed. Read my fucking post again.
>>
>>51927114
Not too sure about the Warband. I'd take a CAD with more Raptors, or just take a second Raptor Talon.
>>
>>51927435
What are Crystal Dragons?
Ice themed Fire Dragons?

And again, WHAT ARE THE SLICING ORBS OF ZANDROS? WHAT DO THEY DO?
>>
>>51927502
Faggets GW took our Hit and Run.
>>
>>51927475
To intimidate and inspire humans and to match most aliens physically.
>>
>>51927530
No the problem is they became Troops before they are Fast. You can't buy them as fast when the HQ is on bike.
>>
Rate my list? I customized it to how I perceive my meta.
I made a melee-based Canoness because I figure she will end up in combat sooner or later, and I'd rather have her be able to do something rather than spend 3 turns locked in close combat with a 1 wound model because she can't force it to take enough saves to die. And it seems she'll be striking last anyway against most of my opponents.
>>
>>51927435
Could Crystal Dragons be a Warlock-Warrior Aspect?
>>
>>51927022
How would we rate the traitor legions, from strongest to weakest?
>>
File: 1485272128192.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485272128192.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>51927554
>sisters
>>
>>51927565
I need to buy the seraphim, one immolator and the heavy weapons and I'll have the models for this list.
>>
>>51926614

>Boy, I sure would like models that aren't over two decades old
>KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING CHEESE MONGER FAGGOT, OHMUGERD
>>
>>51927541
They are namedropped aspects, Slicing orbs were a aspect from a single lost craftworld namedropped as the shrine in which Scorpions old and new phoenix lords duelled.

Crystal dragons were a passing mention in Path of the Warrior, like just the name.
>>
>>51927512

Your minimum wage is more than twice what it is in the United States.

Either quit whining or move to a better country.
>>
>>51927554
>not enough meltas
it's not bad honestly, sisters are horrible at melee, but great at short-distance shooting, your list is kinda like that.
>>
>>51927562
>actually competitive tier
Rehati War Sect
>"competitive" tier
Death Guard
>Viable Tier
Alpha Legion
>okay tier
Night Lords, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Emperor's Children
>fuck you traitors tier
Word Bearers, Black Legion, Thousand Sons
>>
>>51927552
Castellans requires buying Bikes in the FA slot. You cannot take them as troops in the detachment. However, their battlefield role HAS been changed to troops hence. You take them as FA in the detachement but they are ttroops in game, like I explained the fucking first time.

The other RAW alternative is that taking a Biker HQ prevents you from taking bikes.
>>
>>51927554
Drop the superior on the Seraphim the only reason for her existence was to take challenges for old Celestine

Retributions are a matter of choice I rather have more Dominions squads.
>>
File: Karandras - The Shadow Hunter.jpg (175KB, 667x976px) Image search: [Google]
Karandras - The Shadow Hunter.jpg
175KB, 667x976px
>>51926860

Bullshit, his art is great. It's just his model that sucks a mean ass.
>>
>>51927588
>>actually competitive tier
>Rehati War Sect
What?
>>
>>51927588
I think Ahriman's Exiles is Viable Tier.
>>
>>51927599
I don't know what else to spend the superior's points on though. Also I will probably get another Dominion squad for my 1,500 point army, but I don't want to just buy 6 identical melta sisters at once. I figure a Retributor squad can stay on an objective in/near my deployment zone and hope to stay alive.
>>
>>51927633
Probably. I didn't want to get too freaky with sub-lists, as allied Word Bearers for a summon prince and allied Night Lords/Iron Warriors for 2+ rerolling Princes are also neat tricks to staple onto some other list.

>>51927630
Rehati War Sect is a formation of Magnus and 3-9 Exalted Sorcerers and/or Daemon Princes. They all get to cast on a 3+ if within 18" of Magnus and get his "always have LoS ability." Tzeentch Princes casting on a 3+ with a reroll are stupid warp charge efficient, and Magnus can throw out some serious psychic dakka. Throw in a few dozen Horrors or some Anarchic Heralds and you've got a top-tier tournament army.
>>
File: Marines_Malevolent_Astartes.jpg (27KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
Marines_Malevolent_Astartes.jpg
27KB, 250x348px
So, they're pretty much accepted to be Iron Warriors successors, right?

Also, how the fuck do the other chapters still put up with them?
>>
>>51927657

>I don't know what else to spend the superior's points on though
Combi-weapons, priests, vehicle storm bolters and Immolator Dozer blades.
>>
>>51927680
Because hey are still 70% less dickbags than Minotaurs and Space Sharks?
>>
File: 1480286022570.png (366KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480286022570.png
366KB, 1000x1000px
>>51927080
I want this meme to die

they're 7 feet tall, in armor
>>
>>51927657
Get combi flamers for your Troops or panic Combi plasma (not recomended)

The superior only gives points to the enemy. You add her in 2000+ games when you really have no idea what else to add.

You could even drop some Seraphim. 8 is the magic number big enough to something, small enough to hide and have a small footprint for deepstrike.
>>
>>51927690
Holy fuck I didn't notice he didn't put dozer blades. They are so auto include that Immolator cost 65 points in my list by default.
>>
>>51917947
Karma police is under my house right now

>>51918171
Thx. Someone knows if WarDream is still in activity?
>>
>>51927693
>stealing from other chapters
>killing battle-brothers for personal gain
>slaughtering civilians they are supposed to protect
>hated by the fucking Salamanders
Nope.
>>
>>51927663
I know the sect, just didn't think of it in a Traitor Legions context, always fell into the WoM category for me as you pretty much want a few actual legionaries as possible.
>>
>>51927736
>stealing from other chapters
>killing battle-brothers for personal gain
>slaughtering civilians they are supposed to protect
>hated by everyone not on the high council

That's Minotaurs alright, but you forgot intentionally destroying geneseed in suppressing missions and actively requesting to be deployed to suppress other marines in preference of other enemies.

As for the sharks, there's a reason they are Desperate Allies with the entire imperium.
>>
>>51927725
I've never had them. No one in my local meta really use them. I wanted to use a Seraphim Superior because I thought if there was ever a place for a plasma pistol, it would be a squad like that.
>>
>>51927780
Other anon. Not too familiar with shark lore, whats up with them?
>>
>>51927800
The only reason why no one would use a dozer blade is because there is no terrain and thus playing the game wrong.
>>
I need some durable anti infantry unit for my ig list. Is there any way to put an inquisitor with some flamer acolytes on a vendetta?
>>
>>51926514
A tournament yesterday, my World Eaters vs his Sisters
Turn 1 and two were very dynamic. He shot the a good few of my guys to but not enough so I managed to get some of his infantry in combat and kill a vehicle or two. T2 he ripped most of my army to shit. Somehow I managed to ENDURE for a few turns and he made the mistake of pouring all his infantry into melee against my berzerkers and we hurled challenges back and forth.
Thus lay his undoing. His T5 with mine still to go, I have 6 berzerkers left alive to his entire specialist unit, 1 organ tank thing, a rhino and a running sister with meltagun.
No joke he had the relic, first blood, linebacker and slay the warlord. A 6 - 0 win for him. And then he goes into a challenge between my last champion and his warlord. Champion wins, I score a point and roll 65. Demon Prince pops out, not in combat and right into my turn. Grabs the relic and starts running.

His 6 - 0 win became my 4 - 3 in the space of one round. He was pissed as well because he played another berzerker horde player in game 1 and lost to yet another demon prince
>>
File: ancap-meme-generator.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap-meme-generator.png
200KB, 547x402px
>>51927680
Literally ancap chapter.
>>
>>51926592
Theres a report in biel tan mentioning a giant serpentine REDACTED.
So Fulgrim is pretty heavily implied
>>
>>51927680
>So, they're pretty much accepted to be Iron Warriors successors, right?

No.
>>
File: IMG_2069.jpg (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2069.jpg
68KB, 500x375px
If I paint teeth on my Valks do I get +1BS? If not why is this not a rule?
>>
>>51927780
Well, fuck.
>>
File: how quickly the tide turns.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
how quickly the tide turns.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>51927814
>>
>>51927846
because the forgeworld imperial navy rules are no longer around

Navy fliers used to be able to purchase... I think it was called a "distinctive paint scheme" which gave them some benefit.
>>
>>51926015
Considering they were part of the low in Rouge Trader days, and there are references to all female space marine chapters in older works I'd be heavily indifferent. Now female Chaos Space Marines? Yes I'd buy. Female Demon Prince. Sure, would be a nice change. Female Alt torso for Soul Grinder. Would buy.

Speaking of...I'm entering the Inner Circle Contest, any ideas on a good way to make a female looking Soul Grinder so that it's more than 50% GW product?
>>
>>51927780

I'm a knub so can you explain this?
"As for the sharks, there's a reason they are Desperate Allies with the entire imperium"
>>
>>51927808
I'll keep that in mind, although I'll try running the Seraphim Superior for a game or two to see if I can make some sort of a "heroic sergeant" out of her. I also don't like taking options I don't have models for. I know I'm retarded, but that's why I shy away from combi-weapons.
>>51927883
The Space Sharks are an outcast Marine chapter that's so assholish and blood thirsty they might as well be giving Khorne a blowjob so their mission is to patrol the unexplored space around the Imperium of Man and kill anything they come across.
Abridged heavily.
>>
>>51927870
>RT Marines
You do know those where not marines and generic Space female in power armour. It was done before 40k as a thing was settle. 40k started being 40k at the very end of second, but 3rd was the true start of 40k.

What now? Blizzard meme about Starcraft?
>>
>>51927806
>>51927883

Well they were also doing suppression work.

During the Badab War Mantis Warrirors sided with Astral Claws, Sharks then proceeded to systematically murder all the civilians and destroy all infrastructure on the planets protected by the Mantis Warriors to draw them out, after which they all but destroyed them.

During the siege of the Astral Claws worlds the Sharks sabotaged the hive worlds reactors shattering the planet's crust killing most civilians and many loyalist and secessionist marines alike.

After the war they forcibly recruited every applicable male from the worlds and made them fight to the death to become recruits, stripping an entire generation away leaving the worlds without infrastructure, stripped of resources, populated only by women, children, the sick and elderly.

Not many other Astartes appreciated that
>>
>>51927900
You play SoB your newest model is from 2004 being the Seraphim superior

All of the rest are from 1997.

Proxy the fuck out of SoB some options don't exist
>>
>>51927830
>>51927680
I unironically want to do a marines malevolent army but I think space marine armies, that aren't blood angels, are boring as shit.
>>
>>51927613
>This Dumb nigga Carnifex thought his extended carapace was tough shit
>Don't be like him
>>
>>51927156
Rules are the only reason for it. They didn't want Transports/psychic powers/characters to be mixable

They said as much in the streams
>>
>>51928009
Logic?
GW?
The fuck?

The same stream where they had marines taking armour saves against AP3?
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 408x70px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 408x70px
I am okay with this
>>
>>51927904
My indifference is many fold, if they wanted to do it, they could. It's even easier to say that most women don't try to join. Thus their numbers are so low no one notices and even if she did join, no one would know as long as she keeps her helmet on since the armor is the same.
>>
>>51928040
To be fair. Outside of pandering there is no reason to have girl marines. They would have to go out of their way to make them look like women. At least fluff wise even if women could turn into marines they would end looking like man that lack a penis.

Just update the SoB model range is not like you can tell they are women at this scale without doing extreme feminine faces, hips and tits a lot more big. Or just scantly clad
>>
Reminder that if you don't like nids you lack an imagination and shouldn't be in this hobby in the first place.
>>
>>51928064
Nah, they just have to make a female sarge head and done.
>>
>>51928078
They're fun on the table. Big shame about their balance and fluff, though.
>>
>>51928064
I agree with >>51928084 that's literally all you need to do, it would be much less of a hassle to update a mould like that than the majority of updates that happened recently. Certainly a lot less than adding grav everywhere.

The issue is not, and has never been, about models.
>>
File: Ornstein Garrysmod.png (2MB, 746x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Ornstein Garrysmod.png
2MB, 746x1070px
I've always been a big fan of Dark Souls.
Do you guys think Ornstein relative resemblance with a Custodian is intended?
I passed some images of the Custians to my freinds and they also saw the similarities.
>>
>>51928115
It's been lore, but as far back as 2nd edition there were female space marines. Every time he has updated the lore to say why people have shot it down saying that reasoning doesn't work.

The only real reason why is because it invalidates the kill switch the Emperor wanted.
>>
File: 1465362275631.jpg (225KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1465362275631.jpg
225KB, 1024x1448px
>>51928084
>>
>>51928154
Not everything is a Jojo's reference
>>
>>51928162
This meme again.

RT didn't have female marines it was just a female in power armour.

Again unless they go out of their way to make a female head or body. For marines there is no difference. They will all end looking like males with all the augmentation and shit.
>>
>>51928154
Ornstein looks sick, so fucking badass.
Custodes are bunch of fat fucks.
>>
>>51928154
More likely they used the same source inspiration
>>
File: 1458220609301.jpg (308KB, 883x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458220609301.jpg
308KB, 883x1200px
>>51928154
polearm, topknot and armour skirt?
>>
>>51928210
But Anon, Lu Bu do not have wolf/lion shaped helmet!
>>
>>51928185
You mean the white dwarf article that gave a scenario game for a all female space marine chapter? That was more than just a generic female in power armor.
>>
>>51928241
>You mean the white dwarf article that gave a scenario game for a all female space marine chapter?
that's dragon magazine (or something similar), mate

GW had nothing to do with that, and have never referenced it ever.
>>
>>51928207
That's more likely, yeah.

Both are supposed to be praetorian guards.
>>
>>51927870
>there are references to all female space marine chapters in older works

There are not.
>>
>>51928256
He's right, it wasn't an official GW publication.
>>
>>51928241
Not white dwarf it was another publication.

Stop the meme there has never been female space marines by GW
>>
>>51927907

Why they do that? Caos-fall?
>>
>>51926684
>Any advice on our Chinese overlord recasters?

Which one?
>>
>>51928305
Ahh, my mistake. Either way, if they dropped that bit of lore all together 0 fucks given. Even if they never sell a female head swap, all they have to do is not include that line of text, and delete the supporting sentences, and give the word count to something better like a paragraph on inter chapter relations.
>>
>>51928356
Why did who do what?
>>
>Hur Hur boys club
>Femmarines would look like dudes or hypersexualised with no middle ground of just being 7 foot buff soldier ladies

It's a fictional setting you cretins. Literally the only reason it matters at all about not having female marines is because it would be a retcon. It'd effect -nothing- beyond the mere fact that it's a retcon.
>>
File: IMG_6958.jpg (160KB, 495x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6958.jpg
160KB, 495x755px
How do you guys get your models? Do you buy from your local game store or eBay?
>>
>>51928394
Even then, retcons happen all the time, also
>implying anything is sacred anymore after Gathering Storm
I'm always surprised at the pure manchild rage the mere mention of female space marines generates. As far as retcons and lore changes go it would be one of the most inconsequential in the history of the franchise.
>>
>>51928394
If they aren't going to be hyper-roided 7 feet S4/T4 then why not just play SoB?
>>
>>51928414
Because SoB are S3/T3.
>>
>>51928403
Up until recently Wayland. Switched to Element games
>>
>>51928425
so you want hyper-roided >>51928163
marines.
>>
File: d96.png (22KB, 627x597px) Image search: [Google]
d96.png
22KB, 627x597px
>>51928394
How many more times is this shit going to be posted?
>>
>>51928403
local usually
ebay/etc for bits and OOP stuff
>>
>>51925888
>still no fracture of biel tan download
So that's how much people care huh
>>
>>51928449
It's in the third mega that got dropped out of the OP, look a few posts below. And it's been there for a while now, you'd have found it if you looked
>>
>>51928431
>Element games
There's such a thing for continental UE?
Btw why did you switch?
>>
>>51928394
At this scale? You need to make them with hips, boobs and very feminine in general.

Otherwise you end with Victorian miniatures female not! Imperial guard that you can't really tell if they are boys or girls
>>
>>51928434

>Male marines look like widely proportioned 7 foot buff dudes
>Female marines look like widely proportioned 7 foot buff ladies

Wow what a hard feat of imagination that was.
>>
>>51928471

You only need to fiddle with the build for scouts. Everyone else it'd just be a head swap.

Well, except blood Angels. They'd prolly use boobplate.
>>
>>51928473

My Zarya could finally become true.
>>
>>51928473
>what a hard feat of imagination that was

It was a reply to >>51928394
but sure, flail away.
>>
>>51928470
It's also uk based, and they ship to the rest of the EU.
Wayland got increasing problems with shipping times and they can take a long time to stock up sometimes. The last order my group made took more than month and a half to get here
>>
File: 1466542195588.jpg (106KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1466542195588.jpg
106KB, 550x550px
>>51928473
How did you do it anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 1536x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 1536x592px
>>51928483

Yes, and I replied to your reply.
>>
>>51928479
Still with how huge GW models are in proportion you won't notice much with scouts.

If for some reason you want female marines just say they are girls or put some third party girl head.

Then again, why the fuck do you want more marines?
>>
>>51928434
Well yeah, plus SoB are thematically based on Nuns, I'm less interested in playing with Space nuns and more interested in space knights aka Space marines.

Even more than space knights, space Black knights aka, Chaos Space Marines. So yeah, I don't care if my space knights are male or if they have a few females scattered in.

Mainly I don't play SoB because I love me some CQC and space nuns avoid that. It's why I play CSM, I get a nice balance of shooting and up close and personal murder.
>>
>>51928497
SO do you want
normal females in power armour
roided ubermench females in power armour
or just an argument?
>>
>>51928485

My dream is to find a shop with 30% deals without shitty problems(the last one i found held my package for a month after i payed)
>>
>>51928499

Honestly I don't really give a shit either way if there are ever Femmarines, it just bugs me how much of an overreaction people have to the suggestion their supersoldiers would work the same without a Y chromosome.
>>
>>51928501
Aren't Space marine a mix of Battle monks and knights?

While SoB are like Battle nuns and paladins? (Like don Quijote)
>>
>>51928512

Well given my initial comment was about people not being able to see a middle ground, I'm amazed you're even asking this.
>>
>>51928512
My response to that is >>51928501 . I want the Chaos version.
>>
>>51928534
>don Quijote
>paladin
Is dungeons and dragons your only source for how things worked in the past?

Because it's an awfully terrible source past some interesting setting references, mostly in 2e.
>>
>>51928534
No...their play style is nothing like that, and again... no Chaos version.
>>
>>51928522
Personally pandering for pandering sake so you can get into a wider Audience with proper marketing research is what worries me.

If proper research says people actually want female marines sure go ahead. But since this is GW they will fuck it up like they being doing since 5th
>>
>>51928537
So S/T 3,5 european strongwomen?
>>
(Long drawn out SJW rant about how there HAS to be female marines)
>>
>>51928554
>proper research
GW proudly stated it doesn't do market research
>people actually want female marines
When an IP gets changed based on what's popular rather than following a coherent artistic vision it's destined to the shitpile. Besides, GW is way too scared of the backlash from rich and insecure white men to ever do anything even close to female space marines, so don't worry.
>>
>>51928547
More on the line of the crazy bastards upholding ideals long gone.

Battle orders of SoB half of them are batshit insane while the other half cares about the civilians.
>>
>>51928583
>More on the line of the crazy bastards upholding ideals long gone.
That's neither a D&D paladin nor a historical paladin. Please stop using that word.
>>
>>51928570

SJWs are the ruin of western societies
>>
>>51928561
How about making easy and just S4 T4 and just throw in a head swap. Honestly. KISS dude. Keep It Simple Stupid
>>
>>51928552
Sisters of Khorne when. If Lorgar and the Word Bearers fell, why can't the sisters?
>>
>>51928591
What is the word then? In English? Or the language lacks a word for that?
>>
>>51928601
SJW's are cancer
>>
>>51928602
So you want pretty girl space marines.

Just say that.
>>
>>51928603
Because apparently the only sister to choose to fall went Slaanesh.
>>
>>51928606
For crazy people upholding ideals long gone? Crazy people upholding ideals long gone, out of touch people, anachronistic ideals, nostalgic people. I don't think there is a more specific word for that specific kind of thing.
>>
>>51928621
Why was that?

Also stop making marines, the fucks fall to chaos all the time. Half of the originals fell because daddy went home.
>>
>>51928606
Zealot most likely.
>a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
>>
>>51928036
I hope he's talking about present-day Guilliman engaging enemy forces, and not comparing him to his brothers.
>>
>>51928616
Kinda, I play Slaaneshi CSM. But I still think they would be She Hulk look alikes, just not green...
Those would be the burgle versions.
>>
>>51928642
To the concept of people holding ideals to serve and protect the people.

I'm going to the Quijote idea more than nothing. Pardon if there was a confusion
>>
>>51928612
Worst: at least cancer could be eradicated
>>
>>51928662
If anyone would be able to pull of skinny pretty female marine able to flip cars, it'd be chaos.
>>
>>51928621
It doesn't make any sense that in the Imperium, anyone, even astartes, can get fucked over by the high lords/inquisition, so naturally many will find fault with that, let alone want more power. You get guys like Huron or the guy responsible for Vraks. I mean even the sisters aren't safe, as we saw with what the Grey Knights did. When Lorgar's faith was shattered he found a new one, it's odd that only a single sister has fallen, whereas others fall to chaos in droves, let alone go rogue/renegade. It's thematically inconsistent.
>>
>>51928683
Sisters of Battle > Space Marines

We all know that. It is the reason why people get so touchy about SoB the truth hurts
>>
>>51928663
>To the concept of people holding ideals to serve and protect the people.
Chivalrous would fit fine. But the way you described it it sounded like you wanted something to refer to people who are really out of touch with the times and keep thinking and acting as if they were in a different time period, upholding ideals that people all over have long since rejected.

Depending on whether you believe chivalry is dead or not I can see you thinking that. Holding ideals to serve and protect people is something I would call chivalrous, whether that also makes you crazy or not is another pair of shoes entirely.
>>
>tumblr and cucks desperately forcing the female marines
Fuck off, go write fanfiction about it. You literally don't give a shit about it beyond pandering and fetishes.
>>
>>51928707
That would work I guess. Thank you.
>>
File: 1488199475897.jpg (469KB, 593x2069px) Image search: [Google]
1488199475897.jpg
469KB, 593x2069px
>>51928660
your hopes and prayers are answered

Fagnus shows up in the book, though. Chances are there will be a brrrrrotherrrr punch out.
>>
>>51928716
No problem. Sorry for jumping out like that, I just assume that on 4chan everyone is a troll.
>>
>>51928745
Everyone is and isn't a troll.
>>
File: 40k DA tfw.png (198KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
40k DA tfw.png
198KB, 680x497px
>>51928740
>Many years into 40k
>Loyalist Primarch just legends of old
>courageous heroes desperately fighting on against ever-increasing odds is the status quo
>mfw i lived to see a Primarch return and give the enemy a taste of their own medicine
>mfw when i lived to feel this rush of hope
>mfw i lived to see the glory of Guilliman reborn
A V E I M P E R A T O R
>>
>>51926193

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little AELDARI post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" laughing cheetah, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a stupid faction rename. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic cheetahposting NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "AELDARI AELDARI LMAO." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...
>>
>>51928683
That's part of their thing, their unshakable faith. Where they get their faction rules. Though through the use of demon trickery, warp bull shit, and chaos glory many sisters have had their eyes thrown open for them.
>>
>>51928785
And Lion will probably wake too, I guess.
>>
>>51928785
>mfw i lived to see the glory of Fisher Pricemarchs
>>
File: ykT9p7r.jpg (823KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ykT9p7r.jpg
823KB, 3264x2448px
Which SoB models are plastic? I know they have a few but can't remember which.
>>
>>51928830
Immolator and new Celestine, but it seems Immolator kit is now resin.
>>
>>51928837
it's not

the little window dealie is in resin, the rest is plastic
>>
>>51928837
Okay, thanks.

Odd question, but the immolator is the one with the spare helmet right? Looking to make a conversion and IIRC that's the only non-metal one with a spare bit for it.
>>
>>51928849
I wonder about the newer manufacturing I know the older version was like that.

(Newer as in 2016-2017)
>>
>>51928853
Helmet and head with headphones.
>>
>>51928861
it's unchanged

I think the exorcist might have the pewter bits in resin now, but the immolator is the same.
>>
>>51928894
Nop Exorcist is still in metal. With the old bent and fuck up mold they used back then.

The one with the mentally retarded to face melting SoB at the keyboard
>>
>>51928853

There are 2 heads, but both are a bit large for scale.
>>
Can anyone please tell me how effective a flying hive tyrant is? I'm hoping to have one with brainleech devourers, swoop into enemy gunlines then mow down infantry and peck at lightly armoured tanks and stuff while the rest of my nids move up.

Since my friends realized tyranids are a close combat army, suddenly every man and his dog wants to make tau and guard gunlines. Bastards.
>>
File: conversion.jpg (367KB, 1424x1276px) Image search: [Google]
conversion.jpg
367KB, 1424x1276px
>>51928929
>>51928918
>>51928894
>>51928872
Looking to make this conversion with the right head. So I don't think it'll be that big of a deal with scale.

Just wanted to make sure I got the correct head in the first place, haha.
>>
>>51928947

Basically the Flyrant relies on being infuriating as fuck to take down without tailoring to it, and piss easy to kill if Gundam gal for it.
>>
>>51928958
Yep those are the heads.

Are those the twins?

God damn it GW give me my shit already.
>>
>>51928958

Is that Greyfax Machine?
>>
>>51928967
That's reassuring, thanks. What do you mean by Gundam Gal? The Crisis suits will be able to easily kill my tyrant?
>>
>>51928683
>>51928699
>>51928801
There are more fallen sisters than just one, it's just that in-universe it's covered up so heavily almost no one but the highest ranking in the Ecclisiarchy know. Outside of the universe, it's just that GW doesn't care about sisters.
>>
>>51928992
Anything that doesn't have the skyfire rule only hits on 6s and T6 so realistically you need to be at least strength 5 so snap firing tons of s4 weapons wont work.

He has a 3+ save and can jink for a 4+ cover if the enemy has both skyfire and ap3.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 293x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 293x464px
>>51928992

Autocorrect.

Piss easy to remove if you tailor.
>>
>>51928974
The twins? There are no Frey's here.

>>51928981
It's the body of Grayfax, yeah.
>>
>>51929023

>Up to the waist in bugs shouting why am I doing this?

The authentic Tyranid player experience.
>>
I've been thinking of starting a Tyranid army. How do they play? I'm used to playing CSM and Harlequins and I'm assuming nids play quite different from them. After picking up a start collecting box, what's are some good models to get next?
>>
>>51929132
>I'm used to playing CSM and I'm assuming nids play quite different from them

Spam FMC and do your best to avoid troops

So pretty much like CSM really
>>
>>51929020
>>51929023
Ah I see now. Thanks! So a bit of a one-trick pony then, unless there's a way to remove skyfiring foes before they can drop the tyrant. I'll think on that. Thanks again!
>>
File: c31.jpg (22KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
c31.jpg
22KB, 621x502px
>Guiliman confirmed the only loyalist primarch coming back
>>
>>51929221
Confirmed where?
>>
>>51929236
new white dwarf
>>
>>51929257
Aw
But anyways, that might be just for now.

I seriously doubt they are going to finish the timeline with only one traitor primarch and one loyal making appearance.
>>
>>51929276
mortarion has already been spotted, so therea confirmed to be more than one traitor returning
>>
>>51929285
>Fat model
>Say it is anything but a SoB

Please stop
>>
>>51929334
I loathe nu-/tg/
>>
File: IMG_0483.jpg (340KB, 1242x1608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
340KB, 1242x1608px
>Aeldari players
>>
>>51929355
what am i even looking at
>>
>>51929355
anon, i don't understand what it says
>>
File: d4643.jpg (23KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
d4643.jpg
23KB, 604x311px
>>51929355
>>
>>51929355
The fuck did I just read?
>>
>>51929355
This has got to be an edit
>>
>>51929285
FoBt has mentioned that Fulgrim is out and about, hitting the town, looking good on top of his game, getting them digits.
>>
>>51925888
will gw remember the result of pandorax in the third book?
(the armless captured a founder of the grey knights)
>>
>>51929425
No.
>>
>>51929437
What a shame.
>>
>>51929409
Cool, let's see if he can broke his personal record with Guilliman again.
>>
>>51929367
>>51929384
>>51929394
>>51929408

http://avalu40k.tumblr.com/post/157760944486/thehilariousbard-as-a-person-of-polishjapanese
>>
>>51929471
Still what the fuck?

Nice Eldar cheese models thou
>>
File: IMG_0492.jpg (244KB, 1161x1169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
244KB, 1161x1169px
>>51929471

>Eldar player is an SJW

why am I surprised
>>
>>51928792
I wanted to make this pasta but was too lazy. Thank you.
>>
>>51925888
How are the Space Hulk video games? Thinknig of getting one. From the trailers, Deathwing looks pretty atmospheric.
>>
>>51929692
That's about it.

It is aesthetic the game. You are better of playing vermintide, or mordheim, hell even total warhammer.

That space hulk game was more disappointing than the ultramarine movie.
>>
>>51929692
Deathwing's fun, though relatively brief.

The straight boardgame adaptations are usually a little disappointing, since it's more fun to play space hulk (the board game) in person.
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (776KB, 728x650px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa.png
776KB, 728x650px
>>51929471
>>51929491

Fucking Christ that cunt should learn to thin his/her paints.
Also, those color schemes are pig disgusting
>>
>>51929471
>RACERACERACERACE EVERYTHING IS ABOUT RACE
>But I'm not the racist, the other guys are!

As expected of someone who can't figure out how to paint a fire prism.
>>
>GKs automatically deep strike on turn 1, without scatter

Does this break the game or just give GKs a boost?

Because it feels like what GKs should be.
>>
>>51927156
Becase its a one way relationship, the nids come down eat everyone but the cult, then eat the cult
>>
>>51930035
I doesn't break the game. I you play against that, just plan accordingly in the deployment
>>
>>51929132
They are trashgarbage.

Don't reward GW with money for continuing to employ assholes like Crud.
>>
>>51930114
But the cult members get to become one with the great devourer and live forever as a part of the hive fleet.

Truly a great and noble destiny.
>>
>>51926015
No

I'd be fine if they started producing plastic Sisters and female IG models, but that's never going to fucking happen
>>
So while all this massive Black Crusade stuff is occurring, where's the Mechanicus? I mean, fucking CADIA falls, and they send some pissy basic Skitarii and one Ark Mechanicus which dies like a bitch with no support? Where's the Kataphrons by the billion, the Legion of Steel, the Biologis, the Reductor warfleets of War Crime made science?

I feel that this is going to be the whole "Only things with models allowed" thing, since Skitarii are like the most basic shitty troops on the ground the Admech have. Probably because if they actually used any of the Admech weapons worth deploying there'd be no Crusade left given it was only "Thousands" of bad guys, like the Tau firewall. GW failing at scale again.
>>
>>51926015
Only if they start making male sisters.
>>
>>51930253

Now with Yvraine, greyfax, and celestine, they can do better female faces now
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (40KB, 399x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
40KB, 399x370px
>like to make my battles feel gory and extra realistic, have a dead version of a model to have on the board for every model I have, place craters for missed explosive shots
>other player gets mad at me one day when I flicked some blood for the blood God at his models to simulate the blood from my models splattering his
>GW clerk escorts me out
>try to tell them they just don't appreciate good gore effects
>tfw
>>
What is some IG Cheese right now?
>>
>>51930350
Wyverns
>>
>>51930284
>I mean, fucking CADIA falls, and they send some pissy basic Skitarii and one Ark Mechanicus

Fall of Cadia only covered the very tail ending of the fight for Cadia and the surrounding sectors. The dreg elements against the Black Legion.
>>
>>51930314
I know this feel
>Be playing an IG blob army against Baronial Court
>For every soldier he kills, cut myself with a knife making a deep cut
>Asks me wtf is wrong with me.
>"I'm just keeping the record of how much I have to pay you back for, heh..."
>>
>>51926432
So you got passive aggressive because you didn't like his previous list, which you didn't even argue against. Wow, you sure showed that guy.
>>
>>51930350
There is no IG cheese. It's all mono build and barely competitive at that,
>>
>>51926446
Here's your (you). What army do you play, anon?
>>
How's this for a first army?
>>
>>51930489
looks good, boss

you'll probably want some immortals or destroyers eventually, though
>>
>>51930300
Anon are you high? They still look like tranny
>>
File: 1488214000460.jpg (35KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
1488214000460.jpg
35KB, 615x630px
>Oyumaru ordered
>Milliput ordered

sayonara G dubs
>>
>>51930489

Kinda netlisty. If you like Canoptek units, maybe try an all-in scarab farm with 6 wraiths for backup?
>>
>>51929132
They're the worst army in the game by far. The only things they have that are good are flying monstrous creatures. A large part of the problem is that everything costs too many points, the other is that there's exactly one adequate gun in the entire codex and that 90% of units have statlines that don't even make sense for the role of the unit.
>>
>>51930561
it’s okay but you’ll lose some details
>>
Is there anywhere decent to order 40k with a discount that ships to the US? My local game store is kinda unreliable and I'd rather not wait two months or more for my stuff.
>>
File: DG.png (404KB, 866x1326px) Image search: [Google]
DG.png
404KB, 866x1326px
How shitty is it
>>
>>51930579
>They're the worst army in the game by far.
Please, that's the one thing Orks can have to themselves.
That and decent ap3 anti-air.
>>
File: VoS.jpg (10KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
VoS.jpg
10KB, 248x250px
>>51930578
>netlisty

I admit I've been looking at 500/750 point lists for 'inspiration'. Though I do intend to get at least one of every unit eventually.
>>
>>51930630
You've clearly never tried to play tyranids. Even building lists for them is painful because everything costs so many points.
>>
>>51930630
it’s kinda well agreed on /tg/ that orkz are tiny bit better than nids
though, orkz loose a lot because of how random most of their shit is, i hate that
>>
>>51930667
aren't flyrant spam nids better than anything the greenies put out?
>>
File: distributions.png (41KB, 1051x712px) Image search: [Google]
distributions.png
41KB, 1051x712px
>>51930630
>Please, that's the one thing Orks can have to themselves.
>>
>>51930630
eh im an orks player and i think the tyranid codex is worse. everything is so expensive.

orks at least got some good units.
>>
>>51930667
I find the opposite consensus is true. Tyranids have on strong monobuild in flyrants, and while Orks can tailor to counter that, they don't have things that even scare high tier armies.
>>
>>51930682
Flyrant spam nid lists can only realistically win games by tabling the other army before the game ends, which doesn't happen 90% of the time.
>>
>>51930684
>ITC loophole allow for Buzzgob's Stompa upgrade
>no surprise that Orks do well as a result

Orks are actually a lot stronger in tournaments than in casual play.
>>
>>51930682
>>51930713
or, i just think that because i am an ork player like this guy >>51930696 it's better to believe your army isn't "objectively" the worst
>>
>>51930684
Those numbers mean very little if we don't have a break down of the number of players with each faction.
Also need to remove things like riptide wing, scatter biker, warp spider, wraight knight and random Inquisitor with servo skulls, from the data.
>>
>>51930731
How do you measure how strong a codex is in casual play?

What are the rules for casual play? Do you have casual play results?
>>
>>51930648

>One of each unit eventually

Cool. Grab something distinct now then to give your list personality. Flayed ones are pretty easy to covert from warriors if you need me to spoonfeed you. Go go go.
>>
>>51930300
That might be the case, but they're still never going to have mixed units outside of kit bashes. Like fuck, just throw me one lady in a box of conscripts or other infantry
>>
>>51930739
It's really splitting hairs. Either way the result is books that have to rely on spam lists to even compete, and even then will still probably lose because their spam units aren't enough
>>
>>51930742
I made an error. I meant to type Ork lists are stronger in ITC tournaments than in non ITC tournaments.
>>
File: Imperial Inquisition.jpg (349KB, 988x400px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Inquisition.jpg
349KB, 988x400px
Looking for some advice on these colours. So far I think it's

Abandon Black
Eshin Grey
Khorne Red
Balthazar Gold
Ceramic White
Kislev Flesh
Bugmans Glow
and appropriate shades.

Also Im thinking of making the cloth part slightly more white than it is in this not too much though. I just think the green clashes with black.
>>
>>51930616
The warstore in long island, ny, you have to call or email for there list of what they have in stock since gw doesnt allow LGS' to have there stuff listed online. The shipping is a flat $6.95 no matter how much you order so bulk orders are cheaper. Im sure you can google places that carry gw if thats not close enough.
>>
>>51930684
>ork and nid players literally have to argue over who is worse
>tau players desperately try to convince everyone that Riptides are okay
>eldar players have been overpowered for so many decades now that no one even cares anymore
>so many new skitarii players that there's literally no way to accurately gauge their strength out of pure oversaturation
>necrons consistently go well above par even at their worst but you literally never see a necron poster
>>
>>51930630
>Orks: Your units are bad, but you can take a shit ton of them
>Tyranids: Some of your units are good but you can't take them because they cost too many points
>>
>>51930831
Necron players don't say anything in the hope nobody notices that their entire army has improvable 5+ FNP and horribly OP characters and formations.
>>
>>51930851
A thousand times this.

Tyranids can't even catch a break on asking for a buff because everyone's go to argument is "just run flyrants faggot."
>>
>>51930741
You need to remove the best units to show which is the best army?
>>
>>51930941
No the armies that combined those things.
Had you seen the abominations of list?

The literally have Eldar, Tau and Inquisition in the same fucking army
>>
File: 1483224990360.png (478KB, 862x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1483224990360.png
478KB, 862x1400px
>>51930831
>>
Does monster hunter and tank hunter affect Grav weapons ?

A friend claimed that they didn't because grav is worded in a very strange way....
>>
File: Fluffy Inquisition 1850.jpg (287KB, 900x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy Inquisition 1850.jpg
287KB, 900x1116px
>>51930970
>talking shit about fluffy Ordo Xenos lists
>>
>>51930900
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion here, but I feel the same way as a Tau player.
Pretty much the only good units in our codex are the Riptide and Stormsurge. Crisis Suits barely break even in competitive play. But everything else in the book isn't that good. Units like Broadsides and Pathfinders have been nerfed to near unusability. All our troop and fast attack options are flaky trash outside of the XV109, and Kroot/Vespid might as well not even exist. Drones are a joke.
I mean, look at results like >>51930684 and imagine how Tau would fare if Riptides and Stormsurges just didn't exist.
>>
>>51931015
Monster hunter would, I believe, but tank hunter would not. Grav does roll to wound, but doesn't roll for armor penetration
>>
>>51931054
>Pretty much the only good units in our codex are the Riptide and Stormsurge

optimised stealth cadre is a joke.
>>
>>51930350
30-50 man Infantry blobs with Lascannons, Priests and Primaris Psykers/IA Astropaths rolling for Invisibility.
30-50 man Conscript blobs with Priests and Primaris Psykers/IA Astropaths rolling for Invisibility
Wyverns
Vendettas
Emperor's Wrath Formation
Psykana Division Formation rolling with Summoning
Pask in a Punisher and Punishers in general, especially if you get Misfortune off on a unit

Emperor's Wrath formation can ignore cover with artillery so it's basically Basilisks deleting deathstar bike units, deleting Scatbikes and deleting any 3+ unit in cover.

Blobs that take too long to kill slowly covering the entire field with a 4++ save or needing 6s to hit them. Infantry blobs with weapons that will melt MCs mixed with tons of rapid firing Lasguns adds up to a lot of wounds.

Wyverns being a cheap artillery piece that ignores cover and does tons of wounds

Vendettas being a great source of anti-MC and that most people aren't ready to handle multiple flyers

Pask in a Punisher basically melts MCs, vehicles, infantry units and is good against flying MCs and flyers

Even if you manage a perfect balance of all that, the Guard still aren't that strong, but there are a few really strong things in the Guard right now that the current meta is not prepared for.
>>
(noob here) I really like the look and lore of Tyranids. Any advice on army building or where to start?
>>
>>51931054
>Crisis Suits are shit
>Missilesides are shit
>All Troops choices [including Farsight Crisis] are shit
>Drones are a joke even though Drone Net exists
>not a single word about how Hunter Cadre and Buffmander improves most/all of the above by leagues
so this... is the power..... of tau players...
>>
>>51931064
Thanks, i think that was also what he claimed.

>>51931054
are we talking about the same Tau ?

>>51931086
you will need some synapse creatures, thats all i know about nids
>>
>>51931054
Nothing you have has gotten nerfs, it's just a matter of power creep.

Outside of the giant dumb MC suits, the Tau book has grat internal balance and is still really strong. The issue is that those other units can actually die (shocking, I know) and you have to actually slightly worry about positioning and markerlights instead of blasting away from the corner with a BS 4 Riptide wing
>>
>>51931086
You're going to need three hive tyrants, a tervigon, a shitload of gaunts and probably a venomthrope brood.
>>
>>51931084
>pask melts MCs

Can confirm, I killed 3 lords of change in one game yesterday with him, few things can survive his retarded amount of firepower
>>
File: IMG_8855.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8855.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
New bread when?

I'd do it myself but I'm away from the oven
>>
>>51930827
I was looking for a UK-based store that would ship stateside, really. It's fucking retarded how much US GW prices are jacked up, even with shipping from the UK you'd be getting a deal. It's just a matter of finding somewhere that'll do it.
>>
>>51931072
>>51931099
>>51931100
>>51931110
I think you all got baited.

t. footslogging tau player
>>
>>51931137
>>51931086
Don't forget a shitload of Mucolid Spore Pods to make you opponent hate you'r troop slots as much as you do.
>>
>>51931099
>Crisis Suits are shit
I said they break even. Looking at >>51930684 and considering that's with Riptides and Stormsurges, you can't say that Crisis Suits alone would put Tau in an amazing position.

>Missilesides are shit
Railsides definitely are

>[including Farsight Crisis]
Those are Elites. I know you can take them as Troop options, but I meant Strike Teams, Breacher Teams, Kroot Carnivores, and the lesser-used Drone Sentries and Gue'vesas. I'm sorry for not being clear.

>Drones are a joke even though Drone Net exists
Which makes them a markerlight source at BS3. Do you see Drone-Nets bringing Gun Drones or Shield Drones? Have you ever seen a Tau player fielding a Pulse Accelerator or Grav-inhibitor Drone in a Pathfinder squad? Do you know what a Command-Link drone confers off the top of your head? Sometimes you see Missile Drones in a missileside unit, but a lot of times you don't because the Broadside is considered a tax in things like the Retaliation Cadre.

>not a single word about how Hunter Cadre and Buffmander improves most/all of the above by leagues
This is what I'm talking about. Riptides and Stormsurges are so strong that people forget things like this aren't enough to help in any kind of Troop or Fast Attack squad other than Crisis Suits. +1 BS from a tax-y decurion and a 120-point minimum HQ option that confers twin-linked and ignores cover while forgoing its BS5 (highest in the codex) isn't magically making Fire Warriors good and isn't enough to let Crisis Suits on their own compete with the meta.
>>
>>51931054
You think I'm talking competitive? I'm talking about just discussions here.

And no, your codex is not like mine. The Riptide and Stormsurge are not just good: they're excellent. The rest of your codex rides in the middle of the line, buoyed by markerlights. Honestly? Your army would perform perfectly average without Riptides, and would actually be balanced sans Stormsurges. Adding them was a mistake...
On top of that, your formations are immensely helpful and cover all of your units' weaknesses. Overwatch, BS, movement/running +shooting...
You won't hear me say that Tau are OP, because they aren't. They still have weaknesses and strengths, and a smart opponent can exploit those. But don't try to argue that you're underpowered.
>>
File: Tyranids - 4470pts.jpg (389KB, 900x2070px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 4470pts.jpg
389KB, 900x2070px
>>51931086
Get what you think looks cool and fuck what everyone else has to say
>>
What army is the strongest at high point values? i.e. 6000 points.
>>
>>51931284
Imperial guard/space marines and chaos because titans
>>
File: not bad... not bad at all.gif (904KB, 380x191px) Image search: [Google]
not bad... not bad at all.gif
904KB, 380x191px
>>51931233
I wouldn't be so sure >>51931249

>>51931249
Listen nigger. I used to play Tau. I shelved my army because I didn't even want to be ASSOCIATED with chucklefucks like you. Tau is an EXCELLENT codex. The internal balance is amazing. Some options are better than others but nearly every unit is useful in some way, which really plays up how the army is supposed to work by synergy.
7th edition shat all over than by introducing Riptide Wing and Stormsurge so I wouldn't expect a newfag like you to remember how the codex is supposed to work.

>waah there is only one set of most optimal loadouts/builds
No fucking shit. The difference is you can run a wide variety of Tau shit and still do well, whereas with a codex that is actually monobuild like Sisters or Tyranids you will get your shit absolutely pushed in if you play anything but the meme meta.

Branch out and play another army before you complain about a lack of Tau privilege.
>>
>>51931284
Demons, easily.
Imagine how long the psychic phase would last in a 6000-point summoning army.
I think any opponent would surrender.
>>
>>51931257
>Illegal nonsense list
>>
>>51930458
Not mono build. People bring mech guard with Pask and then lose and wonder why they lost. Vehicles are too easy to destroy. You have to have a solid infantry core mixed in with vehicles to win.

>>51931152
Very true. I like to run him with a second Punisher. If you get Misfortune off on a certain unit, it's insane how much damage they both do. That said, Pask only ever really gets to fire about 2 times in my games. Pretty much whatever he hits dies, but everyone targets him so much. Even if I manage to get Invisibility off or Forewarning off, they shit all over him.

But all the heat he takes allows for other things to shine like 40 man blobs with Prescience, FRFSRF/Fire on my Target and Misfortune on a unit. Detroit Melt City. I may have lost in the end, but killing a Wraithknight with Rending Lasguns was my emotional victory.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1490pts.jpg (201KB, 900x881px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1490pts.jpg
201KB, 900x881px
Would this be viable?
>>
>>51931324
How is it illegal?
>>
>>51931324
I think that's a list from one of those "post everything you own" requests.
>>
>>51931324
>Clearly apoc

But yeah he's just trolling
>>
File: Tyranids - 1830pts.jpg (335KB, 900x1468px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1830pts.jpg
335KB, 900x1468px
>>51931324
It's actually just everything I own, this is a list (using some friends shit I think)
>>
You fuckers are shit at making new threads.
>>
>>51931368
>unironically telling people to play a low tier army that they enjoy is now considered trolling
This is the point 40k has reached, there is no going back.
>>
>>51931374
I thought it might be that but assumed you were a retard anyway since that was more likely because of internet.
>>
>>51931322
Someone came to our weekly apoc league with a demon summoning list with 40 dice, literally made everyone else psychic phase worthless because he would vomit denial dice, even worse he didn't know how to handle his phase well so his psychic phase alone lasted an hour each time, just straight up told him that list was banned for next week for being hideously unfun
>>
>>51931398
No hurt feelings, I like losing after all
>>
>>51931383
>posting an illegal list at a point level no one plays outside apoc

But yeah suggestions someone plays nids is what I was saying was trolling
>>
>>51931317
I know a few other codexes because I've helped friends build and test their lists. And what I'm saying comes from experience against other armies. I don't own a Riptide or Stormsurge (or a Ghostkeel). I've never used one, outside of a single game where a friend let me borrow his so I could try out a Retaliation Cadre.

I don't do well with my lists. My winrate is a little below average. I've played against SM, CSM, IG, Eldar, DE, other Tau, and Nid players and outside of the games where I've coincidentally brought a counter, it's been either close or uphill for me. I rarely table my opponents and almost all my wins are off points alone.

I've used most units in the codex, too. Tank- and gun-lines, all the air options other than the Manta, most FW units other than the Riptide variants, Kroot and Vespid including the FW riders, most drones, everything. And most of the time, my opponent either has answers to what I can do, or simply performs better because their units have BS4/5 without needing Markerlights and actually get a Psychic/Assault phase and the statlines are less specialized.
>>
>>51931422
>implying it's illegal
>implying people don't play Apocalypse
3/10, apply yourself.
>>
>>51929155
>>51930235
>>51930579
All I ever wanted in life was to enjoy playing with some aesthetic as fuck bugs ... tears for days man
>>
>>51931347
Yeah pask will be targeted down and die without lots of support and careful positioning, like any deathstar unit

I bring the parking lot inside a void shield with coteaz BTFU-ing any deep strike heavy force, nothing is better than getting turn one and turning the opponents side of the board into a moonscape
>>
>>51931444
Only girls like 'nids, they're just a meme race people on /tg/ sometimes shitpost about.
>>
>>51931444
Consider the following:

There are big close combat bugmonsters.

These close cobmat bugmonsters are exactly as skilled at fighting in close combat as a human infantryman and subsequently will miss their attacks most of the time.

This is life as a tyranid player
>>
>>51930796
>>51930796
>>51930796
>>51930796
Because it's been up for like an hour almost
>>
>>51931491
>no thread title
Don't make threads if you don't know how.
>>
>>51931515
Wasn't me
>>
>>51926413
So What?
>>
>>51931572

So what what?
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.