[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 63

File: sru_sro_header_city_1600_01_1.jpg (789KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sru_sro_header_city_1600_01_1.jpg
789KB, 1600x600px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51873015
>House_Rules.knwsft
>Alternate Universe 49.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Do it by the book or not at all!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running magical_realm.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Favorite House Rules edition
Spill 'em! As for me, I'm curious about that Sum to 12 thing mentioned in the previous thread. How many of you have seen a Sum to 12 game?
>>
>>51895154
Houserules I've seen that seem good/I like:
Sum-to-12, if you trust your players to use it to diversify.
Cranking up the free Knowledge and Contact points, so that people have a better network, and that you can afford to pick up hobby shit easier.
Alchemy as just a success test, rather than the clusterfuck it is. Also, remove the extra drain on preparations.
Let MysAds/Adepts buy PP after chargen at like 10 Karma each, so you aren't forced into that one metamagic.
Change how the Ways work, and make them give you an extra PP per 2 Magic, which can only be spent on that Way's powers, the other bonuses they give stay the same.
>>
Is this a good rumor?
"If you smoke a pixie, you will get more high than you ever have in your life"
>>
File: 9ec3ce1b8d.jpg (209KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
9ec3ce1b8d.jpg
209KB, 1500x2250px
New release build of Chummer will be up in the next couple of minutes; per usual, changelog is too long to post here. Nothing super special about it, but I might suggest you delete everything except your settings folder, because I moved some files around.

>>51895382
That Low Town series has Pixie's Breath as a powerful narcotic. Pixies themselves are probably too large to actually be smoked though and their body vanishes on death; wings, maybe?
>>
>>51895435
her boobs in that pic raise questions over nipple placement.
>>
>>51895435
Just because it doesn't actually work doesn't mean the rumors won't spread. A friend of mine successfully spread a rumor among the lower grades in my high school that putting toothpaste on your nipples then covering them with duct tape will get you high.

I feel like burn outs and high schoolers have similar amounts of gullibility.
>>
>>51895552
you know, putting tooth paste on acne bumps dries them out, fun fact.
>>
>>51895620
Watch out if you do that though, it can leave scars.
>>
>>51893764

Dang, yekka, I didn't think ANYone gave a shit about that game. What's allison sanborn doing in that thread?
>>
So, heres my WuxingxMaersk run idea for my campaign

The Run pitch is that the team needs to hijack a Maersk freighter crossing the Pacific, and turn the vessel over to Wuxing who will be "rescuing" the vessel from "pirates" and delivering the cargo to its intended destination as a PR grab. The Wuxing Johnson will be furnishing a dock list for the players, so they can select whatever ship they want (list obtained via wuxing triad buddies).

Team will have to obtain a list of security team placement on Maersk vessels, to identify ship with the weakest security - which, if they do it right, will be a 6 man team of Tyr Security, militarized and armed to protect the ship from pirates.

Players can get on the ship in any way they want, but smartest move (which might be dropped in character from their fixer if they seem stumped for ideas) would be to smuggle themselves on ship in a container, and then hop out mid transit. The ship itself, from my reading, is mostly automated, with a 5 man crew to maintain systems. It has a number of automated defense turrets to pulp pirate takeovers, and the ship has a heavy security system. If the team Hacker tries, its going to be considerably harder to take over the turrets then to just nuke the system and shut everything down (which will stop the ship, so counterproductive).

Assuming they take the ship, eventually they will have to defend it against a real pirate attack of over two dozen guys in light naval fast boats (similar to WW2 PT boats). If the automated systems are working, it wont be much of a challenge, but likely they aren't, so the Players are going to have to fight them off.

I've statted up an NPC runner from one of their fixers other teams, that could be asked to come along - someone whose statted up to be heavy combat muscle (former australian SASR turned shadowrunner, etc) to shore up the player groups lack of dakka.
>>
File: 1444143363022.jpg (515KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1444143363022.jpg
515KB, 900x900px
>>51895782

Assuming everything goes ok, the team will be whisked off to Hong Kong, given plenty of free lodgings in an upscale hotel, asked to do a sidejob for the triads, and then asked to hit another Maersk vessel.

I haven't worked the details for this one, but it will be a genuine hit and burn - smuggled onto ship, likely the same as before, and given enough explosives by the triads to sink the ship mid-transit, and then rescued by Wuxing, with a scary day long stint in the water, worrying whether Wuxing betrayed them (which they didn't, just a timetable foul up, which Wuxing will apoligize for, and give them a free car from Wuxings ESSY division)

All together, the job for all three parts will pay a total of 100,000$ nuyen.
>>
>>51895435
Thanks for all the great work!
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 361x497px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 361x497px
>>51895756
Chronicles is a bag of dicks, but cyberpunk elves are relatively thin on the ground so I save whatever I find.
>>
How long can a mage keep their true form a secret from their party?
What are some ways they can enhance their ability to hide their true form?
>>
>>51896098
Um
That depends on what kind of mage you are?
>>
>>51896114
Probably a shaman-y type.
>>
>>51896118
Well what exactly is your true form
>>
>>51896130
Probably an old lady.
>>
>>51895154
We reworked much of the Matrix at our house; no more marks and special rolls and special rules and overcomplex shit for us. The Matrix uses the exact same type of rolling rules as meatspace, just using hacker-type skills and actions.
In addition Overwatch and it's "hurry the fuck up" mechanics are done away with and the Matrix uses the structure of 4e. So in our Matrix 5e never happened.

We also use 4e prices for cyberware.
>>
>>51896160
>We also use 4e prices for cyberware.
Doesn't that cause balance problems?
>>
>>51896174
We thought it might at first.
As it turns out, no so much due to the increased damage weapons do.
Our troll got unlucky and took a couple of bursts of assault rifle fire last game session and he was about 2/3rds of the way dead, and he is by FAR the tankiest guy in the team and if it were any of us we'd be crippled or dead outright.
>>
>>51896160
>The Matrix uses the exact same type of rolling rules as meatspace, just using hacker-type skills and actions.
But that's exactly how it works already!
Perception = Matrix Perception
Sneaking = Stealth
Unlocking = Hacking
Buildings = Hosts
:^)
>>
>>51896215
Indeed, this is basically true.
Which just took off the useless bells and whistles which I can only assume were added because the Grognard Squad can only enjoy the Matrix when it's as hopelessly overcomplicated as possible.

I used the 4e Matrix architecture for the reason is that it's decently-developed, well-explained, and most of all the information on it is actually organized enough to be something resembling fucking useful. Plus no "magical hacker subspace" arbitrarily inserted into the Matrix for no goddamn reason.
>>
File: 1408596546536.jpg (202KB, 990x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1408596546536.jpg
202KB, 990x1000px
>>51896276
I don't know, maintaining your presence in multiple nodes was kind of a hassle as well. Taken RAW, 4e looks to be somewhere between mini-dungeon and 5e's cyber plane.
>>
>>51896337
So far we haven't used multiple nodes, and we think of you do then you basically have to split your dice pool the same way you do if you were shooting multiple guns; basically dividing up your attention among multiple hacks at the same time.
Long-term hacks are back but hackers still can't wait in the van because all a corp needs to do is put the data on an internal network that's isolated from the rest of the Matrix. To get at that shit you have to actually jack into the physical computer or a terminal networked into the separate system.
>>
>>51896413
Multiple guns, I'll remember that analogy.
>>
File: cybercatlady.jpg (208KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cybercatlady.jpg
208KB, 1280x1024px
On Herolab, how the fuck do I actually buy a new secondary license? This shit is an outdated mess.
>>
>>51896160
So just like before 5e your hacker sits in a van multiple blocks down, well out of any danger and just hacks from there? Sounds thrilling.
>>
File: PicsArt_02-25-07.42.20.jpg (42KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-25-07.42.20.jpg
42KB, 500x243px
Group mantra after a newguy PC tried to steal a murderhobo PC's shit.
>>
>>51897536
Why are you using a character creator?
>>
>>51897743
Because it's good shit you cheap nigger. Now do you have an answer to my question or..?
>>
File: 1470445070929.jpg (95KB, 785x662px) Image search: [Google]
1470445070929.jpg
95KB, 785x662px
>>51897752
>Being a rude cunt while asking strangers for help
>>
>>51897806
Yes, because that was an entirely innocent question with no intent to start any arguments...

Also
>answering a question with an unrelated question
>>
File: nQS8snH.gif (341KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nQS8snH.gif
341KB, 320x240px
>Aztechnology blood magic fuckery finally causes shit to go sideways
>Horrors enter into the world
>They look like this
>>
Is a rating 2 power focus worth it or should I wait till I raise my magic rating so I can pick up one at 3? I already have a sustaining foci 4 for initiative and worry about addiction
>>
>>51897536

Go to lonewolfdevel.com
Click "Login With Your License"
Login
"Purchase Additional Secondary Licenses"

ezpz
>>
>>51895154
So that group I finally got together to play Shadowrun for the first time? The DM killed himself yesterday. I'm starting to think that the universe itself is keeping me from playing this game.
>>
File: Jackal Cyber.jpg (896KB, 900x671px) Image search: [Google]
Jackal Cyber.jpg
896KB, 900x671px
>>51895472
Just barely hidden. Boob tape is a wonderful thing.

I'm more interested in her panty situation
>>
>>51898033
She's got white ones on, you can just see a little tiny bit under the right bow.
>>
File: tumblr_oeows8dgPm1rkc7zwo2_1280.jpg (110KB, 750x936px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeows8dgPm1rkc7zwo2_1280.jpg
110KB, 750x936px
>>51898033
Probably something like this.
>>
>>51896413
>all a corp needs to do is put the data on an internal network that's isolated from the rest of the Matrix

I've always hated this answer. If you know anything about connectivity and the way that large enterprises need to use and constantly transfer their data, you know that this would only be an option for the blackest of black-sites that have no need to communicate with the rest of the enterprise. It's like securing your social media account details by deleting it off the web and keeping it in a flash drive in your pocket. Sure it's secure, but it can no longer perform its function.

First there's the fact that, you know, you need to move your data place-to-place to make it useful. It has to come from somewhere in near real time, and shipping it in hard drives is not a viable answer. And it has to *go* somewhere that it can be used. Regional HQ doesn't just magically teleport its sales data in from the local offices. If you refuse to use the matrix, then you're probably looking at unacceptable costs and wait times for most things.

Then there's the fact that you need to keep backups in multiple data centers. So that if a disaster (like an earthquake, or overexcited runner team) destroys your Minnesota server full of petabytes of irreplacable application and customer data, you still have the stuff backed up in your Hong Kong office and can recover from that.

And there are many other reasons it's ridiculous too. But if I dive deeper into this then someone will bring up the resonance and give this poor IT worker an aneurysm.
>>
>>51898081
>he doesn't lay direct hard-connections between his sites to prevent wireless niggers spying on his shit
>>
File: Cargo Ship.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cargo Ship.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>51895782
>It has a number of automated defense turrets to pulp pirate takeovers, and the ship has a heavy security system. If the team Hacker tries, its going to be considerably harder to take over the turrets then to just nuke the system and shut everything down (which will stop the ship, so counterproductive).

How the hell are they supposed to do it, then? If the host is so tough the decker can't penetrate it, and the automated security is so strong it is expected to pulp dozens of pirates later on, what are the players supposed to do? Try and stealth through to a big manual off-switch, with instant death if they fail the roll?

Also
>huge firefight planned
>players not likely to have the turrets
>players have lack of dakka, and at best have one extra guy to help them defend an entire ship

bad shit/10.

If you want to have a huge fight, let them use the cool weapons on the ship (when are they ever going to have missile batteries and mounted assault cannons again).
>>
>>51898014
Thanks, I was trying to find a way to do it through the actual software...
>>
>>51898127
It'll be nice when the hacker's part of a run is as simple as digging a hole and tapping a wire to steal all the data ever.
>>
File: Futa Threads.png (979KB, 1013x969px) Image search: [Google]
Futa Threads.png
979KB, 1013x969px
>>51898070
>>
>>51898131
>mounted assault cannons
Mounted heavy machine guns with APDS is objectively better and something that a bunch of pirates would be more likely to have.
>>
File: Future Naval Ship.jpg (36KB, 736x343px) Image search: [Google]
Future Naval Ship.jpg
36KB, 736x343px
>>51898288
The cannons would be on the Maersk ship. And a Panther XXL or a Thunderstruck are better choices for anti-vehicle weapons- for instance, if you wanted to sink a bunch of speedboats full of Somalis.
>>
File: wild_cat_by_akramness-dav3m7j.jpg (968KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
wild_cat_by_akramness-dav3m7j.jpg
968KB, 2480x3508px
>>51898026
Damn, chummer. That's rough.

>>51898033
Looks like a fundoshi would fit under there no problem.

>>51898199
Null sweat, chummer.
>>
>>51898231
Are you really that incompetent?
>>
>>51895154
What's the best 5th edition character sheet? I've always been dissatisfied with the default ones in the core book, especially the skills segment. It only has a column for rating, but not for the full diepools. There also isn't space for weapon diepools. Everything ends up looking really cramped when I try to squeeze diepools in there.

Also what do you guys do for tracking inventory space? The character sheets don't have nearly enough space for gear.

>inb4 use chummer5
I do use chummer5, but I want something to use when my GM activates luddite-mode and tells us to close our laptops. Also I can't erase a printed sheet.
>>
File: bgbz4ukceaexuxy.jpg (109KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
bgbz4ukceaexuxy.jpg
109KB, 800x650px
>>51898131

GM here

For one, the heavy defenses are pointed out, with the security team responsible for anyone who gets on board - each container has its own security, most of which aren't even connected to the main hub of the vessel itself. The Bridge castle has a number of personal defenses inside it, but those ARE connected to the OS. So with the team onboard already (inside a container) then theyre already protected from the heavy auto-defenses, but they still need to get into the bridge castle.

The OS doesn't have Black IC, so the hacker doesn't have to worry about killing himself, and while the security is difficult, it isn't insurmountable at his skills - my post said specifically "considerably harder" not "impossible" - besides, he can't use the turrets against the security team anyway, but without the turrets, their ability to fight off the pirates will be "considerably harder" - if he takes the easiest method, and not engage the IC, he'll just have the system shutdown (either as an emergency response or because he nukes it), the end result will be having the ship shut down completely. But hey, assuming they haven't murdered the crew, they can get those guys to fix it (the team has a good face, so odds are the crew will likely try to get the ship moving while covertly trying to get an alert going). The pirates aren't going to have warships, and at worst they'll have anti-vehicle small arms (rocket launchers, etc).

>If you want to have a huge fight, let them use the cool weapons on the ship

I plan on it. They just have to work a bit for it.

>bad shit/10.

At least everything you've said are things I can work on. I was expecting the last response which was basically
>maersk ships travel in convoys with military protection, there is no way a runner team could ever hope to sink one, your idea is dumb
>>
Favourite criminal organization?
>>
>>51900535
Whoever is hiring at the moment.
>>
>>51895154
I'm playing a Sum to 12 game at the moment, and it's a pretty solid approach for people who want to make better-than-average runners to start out with. It's easier to make some disgusting things, though, so you need to either have trustworthy players or some good GM reviewing.

I started work in an experimental gunner with as much combat optimization as possible without cyberware, and I ended up with an Ork with 10 Agility, 13 Strength, and 22d6 pools for Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Revolvers, and Machine Guns, right out of the gate.
>>
>>51900635
It feels much better for professional-level runner builds, but the power level can get a bit silly if you're not starting with missions at that tier.
>>
>>51900655
Well, if you're at that level of skill you're going to get offered high-profile jobs. You'll also get offered basic bitch work but why would you even take them
>>
>>51898081
I've always figured they'd only do this with truly valuable information, akin to putting it in a vault.
If they'd need to move it they'd put it into their networked system, or for more security you send a mnemonic courier; it's why that implant exists after all.
>>
>>51900774
>a mnemonic courier
A fancy term for a fellow with a datavault, I presume.
>>
>>51900739
Sometimes you need the ego boost that comes with slaughtering a group of upstart gangers
>>
>>51900803
....have you not read Gibson then?
Or even seen the Keanu Reeves movie?
>>
>>51900847
It's been a while since I read Neuromancer, and I'd sooner trust a datavault than a meatbrain for this purpose.
>>
One of my PC's wants to be a small business owner with a couple employees at chargen. What qualities or other features could be taken to represent this?
Sinner, if she wants to be legit, day job to represent the income and time put in, but what about the actual business side of it? Should she have a secondary lifestyle for the actual building, power etc? But if it's self sufficient or near it would that lifestyle still cost a monthly fee?
>>
>>51900870
Johnny in the short story Johnny Mnemomic has this job. Sort of.
I think he's more like a data smuggler then a data courier, but same difference.
>>
>>51900877
SINner, Day Job, Dependents. Commercial lifestyle secondary.
>>
>>51900877
>Should she have a secondary lifestyle for the actual building
Yes, there is a "commercial" lifestyle detailed in Run Faster for this exact purpose. It costs 8000 per month, but at the start of every month you make a Charisma + Etiquette (Corporate) [Social] test, and every hit reduces the cost for that month by 1000. If it's a pawn shop, you might be able to make money off selling stuff you swiped on runs but otherwise you need 9 hits on that test to actually make a profit on the business.

>>51900910
Oh yeah, he was the guy who hooked up with Molly Millions and got killed by the Yakuza, right?
>>
>>51895782
Have them then have to dress up as Maersk staff to attack Wuxing to make it look like Wixing is the wounded party in all this, trying to do good deeds and those nasty, nasty Norse fuckheads tried osmething stupid.
>>
>>51897948
I kind of want to play an aboriginal koradji, one of the ones from near Ayers rock, who knows Sacrifice from the get go. Uneducated, uncouth qualities. See how long he lasts before someone unloads a round into his head. Perfectly honest and open about it, I forget the book that shows that they never use someone elses blood, only their own.
>>
>>51900986
>Oh yeah, he was the guy who hooked up with Molly Millions and got killed by the Yakuza, right?

Yes indeed. Notably the only person Molly ever seemed to legitimately care about and didn't remain emotionally distant towards.
>>
>>51901127
She wasn't emotionally distant to Case. She just left when she realised it was happening.
>>
>>51900535
Yakuza, because muh weeb honor.
>>
Hosts, chummers. Do they add their device rating to their stats when rolling oposed rolls, like resistance vs Hack on the Fly.

For example, what if the host is Rating 5 and has 7 Firewall. Does it roll 7 dice, or 12 when someone tries to sleaze in?
>>
>>51901689
Yes the host Device Rating replaces mental attributes.
>>
Anyone got updated statistics on New Orleans? Last one is from 2066 in 3rd edition.

What other cities are good to look at in shadowrun besides Seattle?
>>
>>51902932
You want North American cities or ones in other countries?
>>
>>51902949
north american and european would be good. we're starting in new orleans and i noticed its a top smuggler's haven
>>
>>51902977
San Francisco in CalFree.
Los Angeles in the PCC.
Manhatten in the UCAS, as long as you're discreet and willing to mostly work for corps.
Formerly Boston, but now you'd have to pretend CFD never happened (we don't).
Denver, which is basically the North American Casablanca.
Rhine-Ruhr Metroplex in Germany.
Marseille in France.
Rome in Italy.
London (aka, "The Smoke") in the U.K.

But really, you can find runners everywhere if you look hard enough.
>>
>>51898081
Lot of big hedge funds today keep their key IP on isolated internal networks. It's not cheap, sure, but a futuristic Corp should have at least as much wherewithal as a 2017 fund.
>>
>>51903053
neat. I'm going to need to crawl through a ton of old books for shit now.
>>
>>51903413
I forgot Montreal, actually.
>>
>>51903053
Also Havana for a Caribbean game.
>>
>>51903499
Woh woh woh, you're telling me Montreal is actually described in Shadowrun ? I can't wait to see this trainwreck.
>>
File: Weaponized Hacking.jpg (221KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
Weaponized Hacking.jpg
221KB, 1024x663px
If i use a hacked verison of Ends of the Matrix for a 5e game, does the advice of not letting first-timers play hackers or technos still apply?
>>
>>51902932
Hong Kong is an obvious answer. Instanbul and Lagos also have significant amounts of fluff on them and runs that can happen there.
>>
>>51903842
Well, you can still tell them to not make matrix characters and just use a NPC if you want to make this easier for yourself
But I don't think you have to. The system itself is pretty simple.
>>
>>51903842
Yeah, from my experience you need someone who can understand several systems at once to do play those properly, or at least a player who has a lot of experience with other games.

It helps if you as a GM are quite versed in the rules to help out, that's how I started, first character was a decker and I had no clue what I was doing till I played for half a dozen sessions.
>>
>>51903892
He's talking about the Ends of the matrix rules, which are basically the magic rules, but a bit different
>>
>>51903915
Yeah I know, but it's still another part of the game the player has to learn. The standard matrix rules are a bit easier if you just wanna dabble a bit in the Matrix for your runs, if he plans to use Ends of the Matrix, it means his game would probably focus a bit on it.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>51903842
>>51903885

Yeah honestly, try to give them a hacking NPC.
Hacking and alchemy are those two things where players CAN do it but proably shouldn't, since it is non-intuitive and cumbersome crunch wise.

I used to play an decker, but i noticed that i can to 90% of the stuff (without boring the rest of the party into a coma) with a Hornet + Agent 6 or just a good commlink and high computer skill, since you can also get marks by breaking the owners bones/ Talking to him/ using spells on him.

That is also the point with marks, you do not need to be a decker to get them, your partys coputer suave face can get them proably even more easily and less boring than a decker.
>>
>>51903945
>>51904049
It's not that difficult
You have 4 matrix attributes: For most people only Firewall and maybe Signal are actually important, so for them they only need to know. Most of your tests are normal or opposed tests
>Your brain can be hacked
>You basically get a free image link
>There are no agents anymore
>You defend against attacks with WIL+Firewall

For actual hackers it's additionally:
>System determines how many programs you can run and your CM
>Firewall determines your defense and IC attributes
>Response determines your VR initiative, the max rating for your programs and the amount of matrix free actions each IP
>Your skills determine your dicepool for the different programs
>Your program categories are basically the same as with mages, just named differently
>If you don't have a program you can just make on up on the fly

And for technos:
>Just like mages you have 10 possible sprites of which you can compile only 5
>You can basically attack everything as if you were connected to it, even if you aren't
>>
>>51903575
Here you go.
It's not really any worse the Seattle. Remember, this Montreal is a product of a nation that finally went through and seceded from Canada and became a company town for Cross Applied Technologies.
https://ttop.rem.uz/Shadowrun/Sourcebooks/26S026%20-%20Montreal%202074.pdf
>>
File: samsa.jpg (70KB, 703x1249px) Image search: [Google]
samsa.jpg
70KB, 703x1249px
Asked a question last thread - don't feel it got answered. As a Mystic Adept human, is Channeling possession spirits enough to mitigate low stats? Or should I hold onto Attribute Boost powers as well? If not I'll sack the AttBoost for some more stealth shit.

Here's a doodle of my character as well.
>>
>>51904989
How does Channeling interact with Adept Powers?
>>
>>51904989

Yes. Channeling, while not as broken as Quickening, is an exceptionally powerful ability. As a mystic adept using it you can concentrate PP on stuff to support your casting rather than your stats and be god.

Be nice to your fellow players and buff others a lot to be invited back to the game!
>>
>>51905079

Channeling allows you to utilize your own magic when possessed, so it wouldn't stop them.
>>
File: samsa.png (64KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
samsa.png
64KB, 700x900px
>>51905156
>>51905090
>>51905079
Thanks guys. Here's another doodle of Samsa, but in his running gear. I'll use the spare adept points for improved reflexes, etc.

Appreciated.
>>
So, if the USSR is still a thing in Shadowrun, do they manufacture their own weapons still or just use offerings from megacorps like everyone else?
>>
>>51905837
The USSR is not a thing in SR, and in fact SR famously predicted the fall of the USSR before it was really talked about as a possibility, off by a few years late
>>
>>51905846
But from what I've read it's still called the Soviet Union and they still have stuff like the KGB and GRU and National Supreme Soviet?
>>
>>51905888
It's called the Russian Republic, and while it still has a lot of the old governmental agencies in place pretty much the exact same thing happened to the USSR in Shadowrun as happened to the USSR in life, excepting of course the that there actually WAS a quasi WWIII with the Euro Wars that bankrupted the country.
Then just like in real life organized crime and wealthy plutocrats (mostly megacorps) took over Russia while the government limped alongside them.
The two greatest powers in Russia are Zeta-Imp Chemicals (apparently a lot of Russian oil and industrial interests were bought up by them) and Saeder-Krupp (because if you live next to Germany and your big corp starts to loose lots of money then you gotta worry about being bought by the Dragon).

The Vory are also bit on the streets, but so are the Yakuza because I'm pretty sure there's more Japanese people in the Sixth World then there's been at any point in real life.
>>
>>51905991
Russia in SR is a parody of itself, it doesn't portray the intense nationalist presence or the good old russian disregard for authority and sanity.
>>
>>51906134
Actually in Shadows of Asia there's a strong Ultra-Nationalist movement in Russia. It just isn't powerful enough to kick out the megacorps because megacorps literally control their economy.
Arguably even worse off then modern Russia in that regard because unlike modern Russia where corrupt businessmen get by every day amd flaunt the law, the corrupt businessmen are now part of extraterritorial corporations and have private armies at their beck and call.

Besides, EVERYONE is a parody of themselves in Shadowrun; Americans, Japanese, Chinese, Germans, etc. Why would would Russia get a free pass?
>>
>>51906185
Fun fact; Shadowrun didn't invent the futuristic "Imperial Japanese State".
The short anime OVA "Cyber City Oedo 808" did.
>>
>>51906300
>Cyber City Oedo 808

And what a glorious dub that show had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ
>>
>>51906185
Oh wow really, I didn't know there was an ultra-nationalist thing in SR at all.
I was going to run a game in Russia so I had to make up some more detailed events but huh, that's exactly what happenned, Ultranationalists took over by essentially doing what Putin did in 2004, kill everyone who doesn't agree with him.
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>>51906349
>took over by essentially doing what Putin did in 2004, kill everyone who doesn't agree with him.
Anon please, you say that like he wasn't just plagiarizing Stalin's playbook.
>>
>>51906325
I was expecting worse, somehow.
>>
>>51906325
>"Buzz off. You wouldn't know a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

I actually got to use this line in a SR game once.
>>51906349
Go read Shadows of Asia for 3e, and THEN Sixth World Almanac.
SWA information is often a continuation of information in the "Shadows of" books.
>>
>>51906405
Like bad in a "Now bear my arctic blast' way of being bad, or in the way pretty much everything to do with Goldman in the House of the Dead series is?
>>
>>51906463
>>51906430
Worse scripting or worse delivery - just worse.
>>
>>51906394

Stalin was copying notes from Ivan the 4th though.
>>
Interesting news, chummers. It appears we finally have our official animal price list for 5e.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24217.msg482139#msg482139
>>
>>51906185
>Shadowrun
>Germans a parody of themselves

ENTSCHULDIGEN SIE BITTE?
>>
File: BWahahaha kiriha.png (116KB, 499x535px) Image search: [Google]
BWahahaha kiriha.png
116KB, 499x535px
>>51906325
>Huh, second?
>What the heck is the first.
>Oh, there's a video of it over here.
>Click
>>
>>51903053
In approximate order of, 'Oh, fuck' to 'Oh, okay'.
Manhattan
Boston (With CFD)
London
Rhine-Ruhr Megaplex
Boston (Without CFD)
Marseille
SF
Rome
LA
>>
>>51905991
>>51906134

Not to mention the loss of, what, 50% of their land mass area to an angry turbo-environmentalist spirit and her army of angry, turgid wolfmen. And bearmen.
>>
>>51906899
What's so bad about London, other than NOGUNS?
>>
>>51906349
Most NAN have similar movements, but they're a lot smaller and more rooted in regular racism than full blown nationalism.
>>51906963
They're quite firm on the whole 'control' thing. The Lord Protector and his mates might have been drop kicked into obscurity by the PEndragon and his fuckbuddy Queen Catherine, but they're still around and the place has incredible surveillance, the police have even more power and literlaly everything needs to be registered. We're talking MAD scanners on street corners.
>>
>>51906977
Sounds like I need to invest in ceramic components before I hop the pond.
>>
>>51907007
I'm basing this on comments in two old 2e sourcebooks and one 4e one about the fall of the LP, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>51906977
>We're talking MAD scanners on street corners.

Its not THAT extreme.
Still, the AresAlpha powered holdup (including fired live grenade) of a bank truck in the Center of London during broad daylight was probably not the smartest thing our Runners did.

But hey, we learned from it and when we had this run in a mall, we did NOT shoot the containers with biohazard markers on them, despite one Chummer insisting that this would totally cover up our retreat after some shootout with Renraku Forces.
>>
>>51907042
>we did NOT shoot the containers with biohazard markers on them, despite one Chummer insisting that this would totally cover up our retreat
There's one on every team....
>>
>>51902932
I'm partial to GeMiTo, the huge sprawl across northern Italy. Big, dirty, and surrounded by decaying greatness. Perfect for cyberpunk.
>>
New player here

>Recoil builds up per-shot over all rounds unless you do a simple/complex action that ISN'T shooting.
>A single-shot is only a simple action.
>If you take an attack action as one of your simple actions, the other simple action cannot also be an attack action.

Is there EVER a point in which a single-shot weapon would ever build up recoil that mattered? The only way you could even get 2 recoil built up would be if you went Simple Action -> Fire -> (Next turn) Fire, but then you would get another Simple action right afterwards, and you have 2 Recoil Compensation by default (1 + 1/3rd of STR rounded up).

It seems almost pointless to even mention this anywhere other than in the full-auto sections just because any half-decent player would just intersperse their Fire actions with Take Aim actions.

I'm not at the gear section yet, so forgive me if it turns out that there are handguns with negative Recoil Comp, I was just curious.
>>
>>51907140
I've always read it as 'anywhere during the action phase' causes recoil buildup, given that they're 3s long and unless you're playing, like, a 20 magic bioadept, you're probably not going to be darting all over the battlefield recreating the matrix.

But using your reading, no. Especially with the RC you get from strength.
>>
>>51907140
>Is there EVER a point in which a single-shot weapon would ever build up recoil that mattered?
Single shot weapons literally cannot build up recoil.
>>
>>51907140
Yes, it's pointless for SS. It's primarily to tamp down on automatics/burst spam.
>>
>>51907192
This was more important and useful when it took more than a simple action for recoil to dissipate.
>>
>>51907294
So this is a 5e thing? What was it like before?
>>
>>51907311
It's a 5e errata thing. CGL fucked up a working mechanic in errata.
>>
>>51907311

Recoil didn't matter at all as long as your Rc was above recoil and a machine pistol always out damaged an assault cannon.
>>
Aside from exceptional attribute, the surge metagenetic choice and genetic optimization, is there any way to increase the maximum of a stat?
>>
>>51907324
Eh, nah.
The result is fine and the current state is way better than the shit in 4E
>>
File: Bait.jpg (28KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
28KB, 600x640px
>>51907342
>>
>>51907327
I'm having a little trouble picturing that. Could you provide an example?
>>
>>51907349
See:

>>51907361
Each bullet increased the DV.
So, 5 DMG SMG with a 6 Bullet Burst?
11 Damage.
10 Bullet Burst? More damage than an assault cannon can bring on the table and thats before factoring in special ammunition.

4e's Salvo rules are pants-on-head retarded and make everything that can't fire bursts a totally useless gun (until you mod the trigger group with the Arsenal rules).
>>
>>51907361

Ok so Recoil just didn't get applied at all if your RC was above the recoil of the shot.

The way extra shots worked in 4e was you could apply them as a penalty to defense like you can now, which was dumb and you never did that because attacks hit 100% of the time in 4e due to defending against bullets being a single stat defense test unless you full defense to add your dodge skill rating. So at most intuition+6 if you really spent a crazy amount of BP.

You could also choose to apply the defense penalty instead as pure extra DV. So a full auto spray could get a bonus of +9 DV.

Every DV and armor number in 4e was also lower. An assault cannon had a DV of 8 off the top of my head, and an armored jacket was armor 6.

This meant a DV 6 assault rifle firing a long burst did 15 DV and you had no chance to dodge it, and your base armor did very little. It is why supertank cyberware was 100% standard.

And then there were hyper-machineguns, which allowed said rifle to attack the same target TWICE for a DV of 17 with the right ammo.
>>
>>51907417
>See:
The problem is that you think anyone is talking about 4e vs 5e, when we're talking 5e vs 5e errata. Which was CGL slapping their collective cocks on the rules without understanding the repercussions.

>10 Bullet Burst? More damage than an assault cannon can bring on the table and thats before factoring in special ammunition.
Time to upgrade your assault cannon for full auto.
>>
>>51907462

I think the intent was to prevent old recoil from causing low str characters to be unable to use semi-automatic weapons without having to take a dead turn. In SR5 the worst thing that can happen to you is a dead turn, and RC is still a meaningful (If much less important) stat. You still need to go out of your way to get the RC to full auto and a silencer severely limits if you even can. High RC also lets you be more aggressive with shooting, which matters a lot to solos.

That said it did make automatics and longarms significantly better, though it isn't like pistols are in a remotely healthy space either way.
>>
>>51907417
>>51907455

Wait wait wait wait.

They dealt with burst/full-auto guns by just adding a point to the DV per bullet?

So you could just spend some edge to get a single attack on a target using your ENTIRE gun's magazine and auto-kill them?

Did the guys making 4e even know what a gun was?

Followup question: How did you determine what your recoil was, then? Was it just by gun/gun type?
>>
Is there a way to replace the forearm of your cyberarm with a gun? One of my players wants to be Cybertroll Mega Man.
>>
>>51907504

Recoil was 1 recoil point per-bullet. If you got 9 RC, you could fire endlessly with a regular automatic. I forget how much you needed for a hypervelocity autofire shot, but it was very easy to reach due to how many mods you could stack for it.

You didn't even need to spend edge. Your attack roll was generally +2 (Smartlinks didn't need wireless), Agility, and automatics, with 'ware and magical bonuses on top of that often in the +6-8 range, vs just their intuition and maybe their dodge skill.

Basically best case scenario a 'dodge build' could get 12 dice to defend against an attack that often was being made with 16 dice. Meaning you hit pretty much every attack you made.

On top of this riggers were much stronger in 4e meaning that a good PC could often be making 4-8 of these attacks against any number of targets if they slapped hypermachine guns on 2-4 unkillable drones.

That is part of why 4e was the edition of the solo, rigger, and mage. You needed to either be so insanely tough that you could never take damage or you needed to be outside of danger entirely. But 5e nerfed armor 'ware, buffed adepts, destroyed riggers entirely, nerfed rookie shooter dicepools, made the defense test an actual mechanic, and raised every gun's DV and every armor's armor rating to make it so everyone was on a more even playing-field. More of your your armor comes from your clothing than from your 'ware and you can't boost damage by more than 2 DV from an attack, and defense tests are good enough now that it is very possible to miss attacks.

There is a reason there wasn't really an edition war from 4e to 5e. You may like old hacking more, and you may think what they did to new riggers is completely moronic, but the actual system is just vastly superior because combat like... works.... at all.
>>
>>51907587

Huh, I have to say learning the differences between the rules themselves is fascinating.

>destroyed riggers entirely

Really? How so? I'm not that far in the book yet, I think.
>>
>>51907587
>There is a reason there wasn't really an edition war from 4e to 5e
I saw the official forums during the transition. There isn't a war now, but there definitely was.
>>
>>51907584
You could just get a cybergun and not get a hand attached it?
>>
>>51907649
He wants to replace everything below the elbow with an assault cannon. He already has a cybergun in his other arm.
>>
>>51907691
That is not doable I'm afraid.
>>
>>51907691
His end goal is apparently Supreme Commander's UEF ACU without hte building capacity, then.
>>
>>51907691
Probably some kind of omega grade implant weapon or very strange use of a modular cyber-lower-arm
>>
>>51907635

Drones are made of tissue paper despite being more expensive, the mechanics are nuts, it got harder because now you are depending purely on your skill and stats and no software helps, the mod rules are terrible, and while the idea of separating hackers and riggers as a role is interesting and has precedent in older editions they didn't add anything to the role of rigger to make it more useful to a team.

Basically you get an army of super expensive samurai that roll really poorly, and can jump in to make a super expensive samurai that rolls really well but isn't tough at all and that will kill you if it dies.

The useful things about drones, like replacing your guns with small pocket drones with guns, scouting, or having automated drones to help you in combat, are also completely unrelated to being a rigger. So while drones are still really useful tools for samurai, hackers, and technomancers, as well as awakened with the cash to buy them, being a rigger is now much harder to do with any success.
>>
>>51907780
Interesting, but makes sense. Thanks, informative anon.
>>
>>51907759
I think that's kinda what he wants. No hand, just gun. Are there not rules for something like this?
>>
>>51907816
Nope.
>>
Hey /tg/ I just got 20 Bust-A-Move Doll that look like my character, what do?
>>
>>51908170
Onahole torsos
>>
BULLS-EYE DOUBLE-TAP/BURST
If one bullet does the work of carving through a target’s
armor, why should a second bullet have to duplicate
that effort? With this shot, characters try to make the
latter bullets of a multiple-round burst follow the path
carved by the first.
• Modifier: –4
• DV Limit: None
• Effects: The bullets follow so closely in line behind
each other that the first clears the path for
the second or third. The attack results in an AP
increase equal to the base AP multiplied by the
number of bullets in the burst, with a maximum
modifier of x3.
• Available ammo types: APDS

Can someone please give me an example of how this works?
>>
>>51908500
You do the maneuver, and then you take the penalty to the roll.
If you succeed, then the AP of the attack is multiplied by the number of bullets in the shot; x2 if double tap, x3 if burst, x5 if full auto, etc.
>>
>>51908724
>maximum modifier of x3
>>
>>51908724
This, but note it is only the base AP of the firearm. APDS itself is not multiplied, meaning you should only do this with shotguns or sniper rifles.
>>
What's the best use of Restricted Gear?
>>
>>51909431

Highland Forge Claymore
>>
>>51909470
>Implying
Seriously, just ask your GM if you can take it. It's a minor thing.

A good houserule is just "Every character can have up to 3 items above 12 Availability, subject to GM approval"
>>
>>51909470
They said best, not worst.

>>51909431
In general restricted gear is an amazingly high surcharge on a very temporary benefit.

You should never use it to get something easily affordable after chargen like a laser or a sword. It is best used for a character defining purchase that will take a long time to get, but those are very rare. Even something as powerful as a mage with a pain editor often can be more cheaply obtained by waiting to finish a measly 4 runs.
>>
>>51909431

Or if by "best" you mean most effective from a charop standpoint:

- Pain Editor: Immunity to unconciousness and you get to ignore a boatload of damage modifiers. Great on any tank or frontliner.
- Cerebral booster 3: No-brainer for deckers without enough brains.
- Cyberimplanted grenade launcher: Yolo
- Wired Reflexes 3: Gotta go fast
- Move-By-Wire 3: Gotta go even faster. And it also gives you free level 6 skillwires, so you might as well grab a skilljack while you're at it.
- Hardened Milspec Armor lets you shrug off everything short of a Barrett firing APDS, and makes you pretty much immune to anything smaller than that because it's hardened.
- The spytoy guns from R&G (Russian collapsible pistols, HK Urban Combat). Not as broken as the above, but provide a lot of ways to stay strapped.
- Saab Gladius is the coolest car
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 804x1047px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 804x1047px
Man I miss the old Shadowrun covers.
>>
File: 1467928626474.jpg (62KB, 546x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467928626474.jpg
62KB, 546x800px
>>51907587

I'm never planning on making the jump to 5e, because everything I've seen of it, and CGL's writing in 5e, makes me plenty certain its retarded and awful.
>>
>>51909652
Ever see the live action commercial? That thing is glorious.
>>
>>51906649
"Kill or suppress everyone who stands up to you" isn't some kind of unique trademarked idea.

It's like saying that we're copying notes from Hammurabi by recording our laws in text.
>>
>>51910188
I have.
I actually thought it was a parody at first.
>>
How bad news is a toxic adept?
>>
>>51911788
It's great news; now you can cash in a bounty at the Draco Foundation.
>>
>>51909499
>inb4 every character takes Raidens and Security Armor
>>
>>51912104
So bad news to be on a team with one then
>>
>>51912351
Depends on whether or not you're willing to backstab one of your fellow players in the name of cold, digital nuyen.
>>
>>51912367
Certainly not for a good while - I was invited to an online game by them, and I've yet to play (hence the question), so backstabbing them would not be a real option.

I'm probably going to be playing with a lot of special snowflakes, but oh well

I've wanted to get in to shadowrun for a while and they've said they'll help new players so I thought why not
>>
>>51912478
If it's your first time playing I'd definitely NOT recommend starting as a Toxic anything. Wait 'till you're acquainted with the game plenty before thinking about it chummer.
>>
>>51912495
This. Don't play anything that paints a big target on your head, nor anything that causes the streetsam's cybereyes to suddenly display a currency symbol and produce the sound of a cash register.
>>
>>51912495
I'm not, I was talking to the person, asked what they were playing

They said just come to the game with a concept in mind, they'd help make a sheet.

Right now I'm thinking a straight non-magic, non-hacker character, probably a Street Sam
>>
>>51912511
Good choice m8, can't go wrong with a sammie.

Sorry if we seem a bit abrasive on the matter, but concepts like Toxic Adepts/Mages, HMHVV infected (ghouls, vampires, etc...), Blood Mages and Drakes are definitely best left to more experienced players: Their very presence can be hugely disruptive to the normal dynamics of a group, and will make them and anybody who willingly associates with them a monumental priority target for the majority of the sixth world, even moreso than regular shadowrunners.
>>
File: rtrv1-nt8rr.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
rtrv1-nt8rr.pdf
1B, 486x500px
How is this? I don't know much about weapon and armor mods so no idea if there is anything I should add/remove
>>
Is a melee weapon face viable?
>>
File: jojo.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>51912769
I play an unarmed face. It's actually not too bad, you're just going to be a bit subpar in one of your rolls and won't be able to really diversify much on your talents. Like I roll 20 dice for unarmed, 12 for #justfacethings, and a whopping 10 for pistols. But if you can accept you're never going to do quite as much as a full-on combat autist, it's pretty cool, since you can commanding voice people to approach you for max punching, or make them throw their guns to you so you can punch them, or a bunch of options for combat a full on sam/melee adept doesn't get.
>>
>>51912863
that's a lot of dice on the worst combat style and not a lot of dice on one of the main party roles, so uh...
>>
>>51912879
>unarmed is the worst combat style

But anon, it's the most fun
>>
>>51912760
Looks gud to me, the only thing I found is that you have a cap of 7 points per contact, so need to split into two the one you have. Also check on your gm how strict he is with Licences and if you need to purchase your own fixer.
>>
Can you feel through cyberlimbs? If I touch something with a cybernetic hand, does it feel like if I touched it with my real hand, is it a muted, distorted feeling, or is there no feeling at all?
>>
>>51907720
Partial cyber arm with modular connection, then bulk hand with a gun as only attachment.
>>
>>51913246
Cybernetic limbs have full range of sensation.
That's actually how they discovered/invented simsense; after inventing technology to provide false "sensation" to cybernetic limbs it wasn't that difficult to create fake sensations entirely without needing an external stimuli.
>>
>>51909431
adapsin or move by wire 3
>>
>>51912760
Good build.
You may want to consider dropping the damage compensators and simply grabbing a pain editor a couple runs in.
Also, you really don't need that much ammo. You have enough for an entire campaign unless you decide to burst fire at everything everyday.
An extra SIN might give you more mileage, or mods for your bike.
>>
How do you deal with Background Count?
>>
>>51913592
>Also, you really don't need that much ammo. You have enough for an entire campaign unless you decide to burst fire at everything everyday.
Are you telling me that there are people who DON'T always use the highest rate of fire their gun has?
>>
>>51909431
Max rating SIN with attached max rating licenses. Grab a Secret Service license and use your high social skills to bully law enforcement if they bother you, then swear them to secrecy under penalty of treason.

Only as an emergency backup, though. Don't abuse it or your GM will send you up against anarchists every mission.
>>
>>51913660
I retract my poorly-considered words.
>>
>>51895782
>>51895809

It sounds like a cool idea but as >>51898131 points out, be very careful with difficulty if you're only allowing one way through a problem.

Also, be prepared for your players to potentially try to unmount some of the assault cannons before the ship makes port and pilfer some of the cargo. You are planning on having the ship carry some nice cargo that would tempt pirate attacks in the first place, right chummer?
>>
>>51907816
I'm pretty sure it's written down somewhere that tiny guns like small pistols shoot from the palm, middle-sized ones take up most of the forearm and pop out of it but still allow a functioning hand, and anything assault rifle sized or larger entirely replaces the forearm and hand. Doubt you could attach an assault cannon to a dude, even if it replaced an entire arm, but you could probably get away with an LMG.
>>
>>51909470
>Only going up 2 availability points
Why even bother spending the karma
>>
>>51913609
Avoid it wherever possible and try to train in non-magical ways of getting your job done.
>>
>>51913998
So, how do you actually deal with it, because that's ignoring it, not dealing with it.
>>
>>51914008
Unless you've got the time and safety to cast a ritual, you don't. If you absolutely must get rid of the background count in an area (say, your home), use a Ritual of Cleansing.
>>
>>51914008
I'm sorry anon, but there is no "background compensation mechanic". If you're in the Vatican and not of a Christian Thaumaturgical tradition, then you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>51914048
So, what, basically any Adept power that doesn't give a +3 bonus or higher is irrelevant, because everywhere is at least BGC 2, which gives a penalty that cancels out any bonus, up to and including Improved Reflexes?
>>
>>51913683
Is there a story behind this? It sounds intriguing.
>>
>>51914074
Sounds like your GM is leveraging background count mechanics to neuter you.
>>
>>51914088
Anon, that's the straight-up RAW of BGC.
>>
>>51914105
And anyone that sticks to RAW 100% of the time isn't running the game properly. Enforcing a background count literally anywhere is just an ass-pull.
>>
>>51913660
>there are people who DON'T always use the highest rate of fire their gun has?
People who like getting getting +2 DV from headshots mostly.

Also the occasional person who remembers that the "shake up" called shot is a thing and uses it with SnS to give their target -10 initiative.
>>
>>51914187
It's easier to hit called shots if you're firing 9 bullets at their head.
>>
File: A Night's Work 3.gif (6MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
A Night's Work 3.gif
6MB, 480x360px
>>51910188
>>51910820
So good
>>
>>51914074
Going off the RAW, yes. The problem is that BC is not balanced between adepts and mages; enough BC so it impacts mages is enough to devastate an adept. Personally I allow broad interpretations of acclimatizing to backgrounds, and half the impact on adepts (2 points is a one die penalty).
>>
>>51914076
In one of the first games I was in, the team's cyberpsychosis troll with an assault cannon went rogue when we tried to rescue a kidnap victim. The troll grew frustrated when the team rigger had his drones spotted and shot down, so decided to 'facilitate speedy extraction' by blasting off one of the side walls of the office building. Gm rolled and decided it also collapsed the floor in the room with the kidnapped girl.

The handcuffed girl fell 3 stories onto her head, and suddenly Lonestar sirens. It was during the chase scene we realised the troll had more armour than the van, so we yelled at him to hold onto the back and soak shotgun blasts.

Eventually we were cornered, but with a max-rating SIN and good rolls the Face made it appear that we were part of an anti-terrorist operation that went wrong, and the brass would be looking for someone to blame. Namely a bunch of of over-eager mall cops that interfered.

Had to burn the SIN afterwards, but there was no way we were getting out of that otherwise.
>>
what's your favorite mentor spirit for flavor, srg? I think Wise Warrior is cool as hell. Any of you have any stories relating to your mentor spirits, or does your GM keep them just background?
>>
>>51914803
I'm surprised there isn't something like a blood matrix from ED, just tweaked to fit the SR norms of blood magic. Turn it into a three metamagic chain for adepts. First one is cannibalize, second some sort of sacrificing equivalent that they can use to heal without spending an action/lower disease/toxin power, third one reduces background count by half their magic stat, or the full stat for a bit if they suffer a few boxes of physical damage - or make someone else suffer it. Something for the munchkins to drool over without it being terrifyingly powerful as well as give a clear cut "UNLIMITED POWER" aspect to it.
>>
File: AWESOME.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
AWESOME.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
Anyone know what happened to that guy from a few months ago who wanted to run a Black Lagoon game set in that one city in Thailand that was basically a Roanapur knockoff
?
>>
File: Zyzz Mentor Spirit.png (481KB, 1834x671px) Image search: [Google]
Zyzz Mentor Spirit.png
481KB, 1834x671px
>>51914930
I really like the Boar, it gives a great feeling of putting down roots, which goes double in SR for background counts.

I played a Dog shaman once, that was really fun. I was everybody's best friend, until they got a Stunbolt in the nuts.
>>
File: Schoolgirl Cyberarm.jpg (86KB, 677x950px) Image search: [Google]
Schoolgirl Cyberarm.jpg
86KB, 677x950px
>>51914997
Likely that's what coming in the new magic book.
>>
>>51915060
Nah. It'd make too much sense/be useful. Instead, they'll chuck in ED style matrices with no safety measures to stop them becoming the be all and end all beyond weaving time.

Maybe we'll get lucky and have some sort of 'high magic' section for casters. Something that permenently warps them in exchange for a lowered background count modifier in both directions so they don't have to go into turbo-bloodmage mode to dodge it.
>>
>>51914816
>Gm rolled and decided it also collapsed the floor in the room with the kidnapped girl.
>The handcuffed girl fell 3 stories onto her head, and suddenly Lonestar sirens.
Bet you wish the rigger had managed to do a little more recon before his drones got shot, huh.
>>
>>51915117
Frankly I wish the rigger had read the rigger rules at all. His thought process went "autonomous flying robots with machine guns? Yeah!" He then flew them past the office building's windows to strafe the kidnappers.

During this debacle I was playing a sniper 2 buildings away. I ended up contributing nothing to the run and quietly strolling off into the sunset when the troll went RAGEMODE.

Next game was my character attempting to put his own team together for a change. This time with vetting. Heavily armed mercenaries with deep-seated psychosis need not apply.
>>
>>51915282
>Heavily armed mercenaries with deep-seated psychosis need not apply.
I'll have you know that you're discriminating against veterans.
>>
>>51915096
I hope the next magic book has latent awakening. No idea why the hell they cut such a cool fluff trait from 4e when they moved stuff to 5e
>>
>>51915899
It's hardly that difficult to homebrew, but having it in a book to make it more 'standard' would be pretty rad.
>>
File: 1482973055041.jpg (17KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482973055041.jpg
17KB, 236x350px
>>51913724
>Also, be prepared for your players to potentially try to unmount some of the assault cannons before the ship makes port and pilfer some of the cargo. You are planning on having the ship carry some nice cargo that would tempt pirate attacks in the first place, right chummer?

Whatever they pilfer, they can keep, and taking a bunch of vindicators and assault cannons is perfectly fine - they'll need armorer work to make into viable weapons, but less work if the Rigger\Hacker wants to put them on a drone or something (or the group wants to rig them to their truck, which would be easiest)

After that, if they have time to crack security on cargo containers, they'll find a veritable cornucopia of stuff, from high grade soy processors, to cars, to bulk ammo, to NAN made furniture.
>>
>>51913609
By using my gun instead of my magic
>>
>>51916509
>not using both
>ISHYGDDT.btl

>captcha: Lodge 2400
>>
How did your team meet? Did the fixer know all of them and put them in contact? Were they friends before? Business associates? Did one member form the team? Just circumstance pulled them together?

Just did the first session of my current campaign and he had us all be living in the same apartment complex (or under it in my case), and we all got involved in a gang shootout for different reasons but met through it.
>>
>>51916575
GM here:
My first three players started with having lost their job, their identity or both. Two of them got him recommended, one knew him but had amnesia
Of the three following characters one was sent to him by a different fixer and two joined because of being recommended by the J
>>
File: Cybergun.jpg (9KB, 288x209px) Image search: [Google]
Cybergun.jpg
9KB, 288x209px
>>51913944
Not quite. From the description in core, p458

> Depending on the size of the gun, cyberguns take up part of your forearm or replace your arm altogether, with the functional parts of the arm built around the gun. Smaller cyberguns fire through a hidden port in the palm or knuckles, while larger cyberguns fold back the user’s hand at the wrist.
>>
So I'm currently part of a weird fucking campaign where the party is basically taking part in a shadowrunner 'game show'. We're followed by camera drones that record everything we do, all identifying info is scrubbed and we're voted on by the audience for a number of categories. I have no fucking idea how the people making the show are doing this without getting arrested or approached by a corp, but they're picking up the expenses for the runs so i don't much care. Anybody got any ideas for some dumb high profile shit the team can do that'd make for good trid?
>>
So, I've decided that I want some very specific features from my dwelling, and I'm curious where I can get them on a Low lifestyle budget. Where's the best place to find a dwelling with the following:
>relatively secure parking
>no windows
>one entrance
>foyer must be large enough to set up a machine gun nest covering the entrance
>said machine gun nest must be large enough to sleep in comfortably
>privacy&discretion
A sliding door on the entrance would be preferred, but I can always install that myself.
>>
File: The Iron Mule Steampunk Airship.jpg (200KB, 1226x840px) Image search: [Google]
The Iron Mule Steampunk Airship.jpg
200KB, 1226x840px
>>51916680
Invest in a cool skybase, with a matching set of Northrup Wasps for aerial insertions.
>>
>>51916727
Low lifestyle isn't gonna include a foyer. Your best bet is to either find some dumpy apartment or shack and secure it yourself, or set up shop in a small building that doesn't have windows/extra doors anyway and just deal with probably not having plumbing.
>>
>>51916727
>relatively secure parking

Honestly this is gonna be the biggest problem. The rest you could probably get in a basement apartment.
>>
>>51916747
Hmm, I do have a prefab for turning a Krime Wing into a mobile operations base written down for when I get a lot of money. Doubt i'll be able to get one paid for on short notice but it's possible.
>>
>>51916759
You could set up in a tornado shelter and turn the big double-doored staircase down they always have in movies into a vehicle ramp.
>>
File: 1456492639569.jpg (218KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1456492639569.jpg
218KB, 520x638px
Question

Is there a way for a mundane to disguise his intentions from showing up in his aura? As a means to fool a mage from finding out that the guy is lying\intends harm from assensing?

Would drugs work?
>>
>>51916835
You can probably hide your emotions in your aura the same way you can hide your intentions in your words, really. Just practice and hope the other guy doesn't roll as well as you.
>>
>>51916798
>tornado shelter
>in Seattle

>>51916750
>>51916759
Are there any spots in the Ork Underground with access to a reasonably respectable parking garage topside?
>>
>>51916835
>Would drugs work?
Of course. If you can hardly tell what you're feeling, what chance does a mage stand?
>>
File: Kebab.jpg (334KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
Kebab.jpg
334KB, 800x593px
>>51916835
When you're on Kamikaze, nobody knows what you're going to do next. not even you
>>
>>51916863
You know what I mean, some kind of basement structure designed to protect you from something
>>
Does a sensor array allow 8 sensors, each being of a rating up to the arrays rating? If so, what should I be dumping into my vehicles array?
>>
>>51916898
All the sensors of an array have the array's rating. The only thing you chose is the functions, up to 8.
>>
File: 1487825981285.png (35KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1487825981285.png
35KB, 222x227px
>>51916887

Can a mage tell if someone is on Kamikaze using Assensing?
>>
>>51916727
"Garage" in Run Faster has a minimum lifestyle of medium. I have a hard time imagining a big private foyer in a low lifestyle. Maybe there's a small shitty one in your apartment building, but it's hard to imagine anyone being happy with a machine-gun nest facing it.

To get all of that stuff? Lore-wise, I feel like you're looking at a medium lifestyle.

Also why are you setting up a machine-gun nest to defend your shitty low-lifestyle apartment? If you're being that threatened, IMO your best bet is to either proactively destroy the threat before it reaches your home, move out, or both.

>>51917004
I think they can tell using their common sense, seeing a dude bugging the fuck out with murder in his eyes.
>>
>>51917004
Oh believe me, you don't Assensing to tell whether or not someone is on Kamikaze.
>>
>>51917063
Maybe "foyer" was the wrong word. Any area that the entrance leads into will do if it's large enough.

>Also why are you setting up a machine-gun nest to defend your shitty low-lifestyle apartment? If you're being that threatened, IMO your best bet is to either proactively destroy the threat before it reaches your home, move out, or both.
Quite the contrary, the best way to sate my healthy sense of paranoia is to set up a killzone. I don't think there's anything coming after me that can't be handled with a pair of Hi-Ex grenades and a belt of explosive machine gun rounds.
>>
>>51917239
and they won't just throw some gas grenades in, why exactly?
>>
File: booby trap.jpg (30KB, 224x201px) Image search: [Google]
booby trap.jpg
30KB, 224x201px
>>51917299
Because those two Hi-Ex grenades are going off as soon as they walk through the door, that's why.
>>
>>51917239
Instead of being a tremendous faggot who tries to sleep in a foxhole built into a house, just buy a couple Ferrets or Castle Guard drones. They exist solely to drive around the house and shoot people who aren't allowed to be there - covers every entrance point, automated (and can be programmed not to shoot certain people) and portable so you can take them with you to a new house when you realise that trying to turn a Low Lifestyle into a bunker is a money pit and just move someplace where gangers won't regularly set fire to your building for kicks.
>>
>>51917341
>Using Hi-Ex
>In a shitty low lifestyle house
I don't think your apartment will survive this
And even if not:
a drill, some hose and a tank full of Neuro-Stun or Seven-7 won't give a shit about your gun nest
>>
File: Soar.jpg (56KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
Soar.jpg
56KB, 564x846px
>>51917394
You don't even need that. A grenade launcher from across the street will deal with anon just as effectively, or a drone that either triggers the bomb or goes right past it to deliver a payload. Or someone knocking down the door and the mage behind them filling the room with a Stunball.

One way in and out with a booby trap on his own door means anon wants a nice tomb.
>>
>>51917239
What I meant was that, if you're at the point where you would need a machine-gun to defend against something that's in a position to attack your home, you're probably better off just moving out. A low-lifestyle apartment is not going to be worth that much.

Once you detonate a fragging grenade and fire machine-gun rounds in your apartment, that kind of defeats the purpose of home-defense. You know, because it converts a big chunk of your home into a hole. One that your landlord is going to expect you to pay for before he kicks you out. And unless you're literally living in the barrens, that will attract some uniformed people asking very inconvenient questions.
>>
>>51917239
Yeah no, you're thinking about this wrong. Your living space should have as little traps and armed weapons as possible. The better way to protect yourself is surveillance, misdirection and not making enough of a tool of yourself to provoke that level of aggression in your home.
>>
>>51917587
>The better way to protect yourself is surveillance, misdirection and not making enough of a tool of yourself to provoke that level of aggression in your home.
Funny, an IRL biker once told me the something similar though his words were more like "you don't shit up your own lawn"
>>
>>51917394
I've done the math. 24P AP -3 isn't nearly enough to destroy an entire apartment. The doorway will be expanded considerably, and there will be large holes in the floor and ceiling, but overall the structure will be intact. As for gas attacks, can't do much about that except sleep with a respirator on, but then you're not losing anything by setting up other defenses.

>>51917530
Well, if I'm going to be attacked by someone who knows every single security measure I've taken and deploys perfect countermeasures for all of them, then I might as well throw away my character sheet because clearly my GM wants to kill this character and is going to railroad until he gets his way.

>>51917548
>>51917587
You're under the impression that I'm worried about gangers and paracritters, and not a surprise visit from a corporate killsquad.
>>
>>51918069
you're overthinking this. Use acid or incendiary 'nades. The building itself might hold for a while but anything incriminating in it will be gone.
>>
>>51918069
>a surprise visit from a corporate killsquad

If you let things deteriorate to the point where the GM feels comfortable taking time out of the session to drop that on your character's home, then your character wasn't long for this world anyway.

Like, if you piss off the major players that much, you really should be going into "skip town, pop a fresh SIN" mode long before they actually drop the hammer on you. Maybe get a bolthole where you can just wait out the heat instead of pretending that you can just John Wick through every SWAT officer in the region and that they'll forget about it like it's a GTA wanted level.
>>
File: Drink Up.png (125KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Drink Up.png
125KB, 400x700px
>>51918069
>railroad

If you think that someone powerful enough and dangerous enough is coming to kill you that you need hi-ex grenades and a machine gun bunker to fend them off, and that they are smart enough to figure out where you live, but you're going to cry railroad if they're not incompetent enough to stroll right through the front door without noticing you've turned the front hall (and only entrance) into a fucking deathtrap, you're a lost cause.

Also, "shooting up a place from outside, including using area weapons, rather than walking directly into a paranoid shadowrunner's home to fight him with fisticuffs" doesn't require Lofwyr-tier brainpower.
>>
>>51916571
What are some operator spells? I use fling to toss grenades around, maybe magic fingers to speed reloading up
>>
>>51918259
>you're a lost cause.
I don't think he's a lost cause. I think he's new and doesn't know what to expect yet. I sometimes went had this kind of paranoia when I was first getting into SR because I didn't really get the dynamics of the game.
>>
>>51913609
>be any kind of adept
>grab Hightened Concern power
Done.
>>
>>51918390
Heightened Concern takes a complex action to activate, and i'd assume it stops working when you change activities.
>>
>>51918168
Haven't found a statline for those in 5e yet. Kind of surprising actually, I thought those would be in the core rulebook or at least Run&Gun.

>>51918228
>>51918259
Oh, I think I get it now. You're black trenchcoat guys who view explosions and extreme violence as a sign you've fucked up and something to avoid at all costs rather than the highlight of a session and an inevitable part of every shadowrunner's life.
>>
>>51918501
Explosions and extreme violence should never happen at home. Even Pink Mohawks know this. I would know, because I'm a pink mohawk.
>>
>>51918515
Destruction is only fun if you don't have to pay for the collateral.
>>
>>51918515
They shouldn't, but if they're going to happen anyways, you might as well position yourself to come out on top. Hopefully, the standard routine of wiping yourself and everything you touch with a RFID fryer, buying everything on the black market with a credstick, etc, should be enough to keep you safe. But if it isn't, oh boy, are you ever going to be glad you prepared for this.
>>
>>51918662
Not him, but IMO your best way of preparing is to have an alarm system so you can be awake and a little better prepared if someone shows up, and have a safe place to run once you've dealt with the attackers.

If your character is a street sam, he can deal with the hit-squad using his normal murder-gear. If that's not enough, then a small bonus from improved cover and a slightly bigger gun probably aren't going to change that.
>>
>>51918797
>Not him, but IMO your best way of preparing is to have an alarm system so you can be awake and a little better prepared if someone shows up
The grenades conveniently double as that, though I'm starting to think I don't want "one entrance" as much as I want "one obvious entrance, one secret exit".
>>
Using YNT Softweave to double a cloak's capacity: yay or nay?
>>
>Guess the GM's plot on session two
What do, /srg/?
>>
>>51919048
You're probably wrong.
>>
>>51914008
Rather than treating it as a no questions asked penalty, use 'How Mana Aspects' in Street Grimoire to turn background counts into a push towards using magic in general or specific ways that don't cause a penalty. Sometimes you can even apply the Alignment rules, and give bonuses. It's questionably the way to do RAW, but it does give you more options.
>>
>adjusting the background count of the city based on how much violent bullshit is going down
Good idea?
>>
How do you represent only having one eye?
>>
>having one of those bioware glands that produce chemicals
>using the gland to produce only kamikaze
What is the worst that could go wrong?
>>
>>51919277
Nothing much worse than the usual conclusion of a Kamikaze addiction.
>>
>>51919252
IIRC there's a metagenetic quality, you can just take the penalties from that

If you mean having two eyes, but one is damaged, then you can just get yourself some cybereyes
>>
What are some things your characters really want, but will probably never happen?
My street sam wants to have a sword fight on top of one of those burning japanese castles.
>>
File: amy-pond-eye-patch-600x350.jpg (27KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
amy-pond-eye-patch-600x350.jpg
27KB, 600x350px
>>51919247
That's the way it's supposed to work. Even if a specific area isn't being directly affected atm, you can bet a place like Bogata has a real depressing manascape.

>>51919252
Cyclops SURGE quality. Partial Sense (Blind). Getting cybereyes like a normal person.
>>
>>51919302
Nah, don't want cybereyes. I like the idea of a one-eyed elderly mage who's spent most of his life as a talismonger type character, and eventually ends up running for some reason.
>>
File: Dead Dreams.jpg (80KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Dreams.jpg
80KB, 400x300px
>>51919308
To be played for more than 3 sessions before the campaign implodes and he's condemned to my filing cabinet of things which will never be.
>>
>>51919342
that's what YOU want, anon.
>>
File: They're Waiting.jpg (465KB, 1000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
They're Waiting.jpg
465KB, 1000x1502px
>>51919375
My characters want to live.
>>
>>51919308
Other than a large sum of money falling into their lap? Well, my streetsam would like to see his family again, but he has no idea where in Aztlan they are, or even if any of them are alive at all. He could simply ask a high-ranking member of Aztechnology to find them if he were owed a favor, but then they'd know who his family was. He can't afford to have anyone in his life a corp could use against him, so unless they meet by coincidence they'll never see each other again; it's better this way, it's not like they'd want to see what he's become.
>>
What's the fastest kind of character to make?

>Wanted Shaman
>Spells/Rituals

>Wanted StreetSam
>Cybernetics/Calculating costs

>Something else
>Some new complication

I have a bunch of friends who really want to play a game, but asking them about this stuff is often more trouble than it's worth (because they'll take a pragraph of lore to get to the goddamn point)
>>
>>51919799
You either take your time, or you find a different game.
>>
File: Zug Guns.jpg (457KB, 870x1134px) Image search: [Google]
Zug Guns.jpg
457KB, 870x1134px
>>51919799
In sheer terms of 'interacting with as few of the game's subsystems as possible'? High-edge mundane skillmonkey face (only default recommended 'ware is Tailored Pheremones). You only really get into equipment then, but that's unavoidable.

Shadowrun is a game of numbersporn and more options than GURPS, if they aren't into that then it isn't the game for them. Simple as that.

>they'll take a pragraph of lore to get to the goddamn point

What does that even mean? The potential players write a lot of background for their choices? That's not a problem so long as they actually finish making the character.
>>
>>51919799
you mean fastest as "sanic" or fastest as in "shortest amount of time for creating the character"?
Because as >>51919897 said, even with chummer YOU HAVE TO READ THE FUCKING BOOKS
in case of the former, quite fast
>>
>>51919916
You've got it backwards. I'm the problem.

>"What does X mean?"
>"Well, X determines your Y, which is important if you're a Z but not so much for a Q (we've already established I'm a Q, and don't give a shit about Z) and a Z uses it for F, but Q..."
>"Do I need it?"
>"Well, you're a Q, so here's Random Circumstances 1-31 on why you might..."
>"...Do I NEED it?"
>"No."

I'll try and be the Face next time. Calculating Essence and all this other stuff by hand is a nuisance. I was spoiled by playing Returns

>>51919897
>>51919921
The books look like a good read. I see why they're so excited to get this campaign. But fuck whoever thought it should be a requirement. I had a book, a laptop, and a tablet in my face because ALL THESE BOOKS had ALL THESE OPTIONS, and that's before we even started crunching numbers. You're all masochists.
>>
>>51919799
>What's the fastest kind of character to make?
Wakyambi Elf Harvester
>>
>>51919799
Physical Adept. All you really need is to spend power points and get gear.
>MAG 6 (probably will want to go for Metatype D Magic C, be a human)
>imp. reflexes rank 2 or 3
>1 or more rank of combat sense
>Rest of the points go into Improved Ability( <insert weapon skill here> )

Be a poorfag with resources E so you don't have much equipment to get. Get attributes A and skills B. Max ranks and specialization in your most important skills (weapons, pistols, sneaking), max ranks in Con, some points in Arcana, and put your 5 skill group points into the influence group so you're not a complete flake outside of combat.

For equipment, get a gun that has good accuracy, a low/squatter lifestyle, and a rating 1 SIN.

For contacts, get an arms dealer (bullets don't grow on trees), an ID manufacturer (so you can buy a SIN when you have actual money), and a fixer.

When you get 13 karma in-game, initiate and pick power points to level up your favorite weapon skill or generally get better at murdering people.

Also yeah, this game has a disgustingly complicated character creation minigame, no matter what you play. You have to read some really painfully-written rules to play properly. If you don't want to do that, then I strongly recommend finding another game. Personally I hate it and would stop playing, but the only reason I'm playing SR5 is because my GM is being stubborn and refusing to switch out of this system.
>>
>>51920044
Get yourself chummer (if playing 4e) or chummer5 (if 5e)
>>
>>51920077
Thank you. It's just nice to know that I'm not alone in being annoyed.
>>
File: Know That Feel.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
Know That Feel.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>51920107
>Thank you. It's just nice to know that I'm not alone in being annoyed.
You're in good company anon. A lot of people don't like it.
>>
>>51920077
>Also yeah, this game has a disgustingly complicated character creation minigame, no matter what you play.
They really needed to turn Priority into something simpler and better written, while including PACKS gear choices in the core book.
>>
>>51920077
Magic B Meta E is the best, because you net skill points and lose nothing.
>>
File: Boggles The Mind.gif (2MB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
Boggles The Mind.gif
2MB, 232x232px
>>51920201
>edge
>nothing
>>
>>51920332
Metatype E gives you 1 special, D gives you two.
Magic B gives you 6 magic, 4 Skill. Magic C gives you 4 magic, 2 skill.

You're spending those 2 special points to magic.

That means that Meta D means you gain nothing, but you lose out on 2 skill points. That's the only difference. It's worthless.
>>
>>51920395
*D gives you three. I'm retarded.
>>
>>51919252
The Oblivious quality.
>>
>>51912863
I want to see the character sheet for this.
>>
File: mpk0cbFSNX1sy302go3500.gif (977KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpk0cbFSNX1sy302go3500.gif
977KB, 474x360px
If I have the Defiance EX Shocker installed as a cyberweapon, do I still get to use the contacts as a melee weapon?

If so, would they still be under the Clubs skill or would they change to Unarmed?
>>
File: Orc Shock Hand.png (630KB, 891x609px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Shock Hand.png
630KB, 891x609px
>>51920745
I would say Unarmed, with cyberimplant specialty; just as hand razors are blades but don't use Blades because they are implanted and need a different style to wield.
>>
Hey guys.
What are some good recalled children's toys?
The only one I have now is the Mr. clank real sparking robot. It's usable to set targets on fire with an appropriate throwing check. You must retrieve it to set more targets on fire.

This is important, because it is going into a shadowrun babies game.
>>
>>51920853
The Bust-A-Move
>>
>>51920853
Well, there are these real awesome things called books. Apparently they were recalled because they took away from kids looking at advertisements and bugging their parents for the new shiny of the hour.
>>
>>51920879
please explain what these toys do.
>>
>>51920896
Read them the fuck up
Arsenal has them and I'm sure 5e has them as well
>>
>>51920896
It's a type of drone. They have been linked to successful attempts at spying on other people that are not your own kids.
>>
>>51915020
This is actually pretty good. Would any of you use this in your game?
>>
>>51920925
>>51920908
>>51920894
Hm.
I don't think you guys are on the shitty-and-also-very-dangerous-toy theme I am going for.
Ah well, was worth a shot.
>>
>>51920957
Then try rocket-propelled roller skates, always good for a laugh.
>>
>>51920957
just because a toy is recalled, doesn't mean it has to be shitty and very dangerous
so it's your fault for not telling that as well
>>
>>51920979
Now we're on the right path! Good idea.
>>
>>51920986
Anything from a Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon ACME box also does the trick.
>>
>>51920853
>What are some good recalled children's toys?
A "Horizon Little Buddy" (childlike anthrodrone from Rigger 5) with a piloting glitch that results in showing traumatizingly-gory videos to kids and smothering children while trying to put them to bed. It only does this when it does not detect adult supervision.

Giddyup Buttercup (robot horse, idea stolen from Fallout 4) that confuses humans with floors and tramples people.

A toy oven that alternately sets on fire or converts ingredients into dangerously super-heated and/or toxic material.

Lawn darts with lead-painted tips.

A doll with Firewall and device rating 0 that can be hacked to spy on you. Like that one that's been in the news lately.
>>
File: Dwarf Muscle.jpg (34KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Muscle.jpg
34KB, 500x670px
>>51920941
>natural STR and BOD above 5

It means that for most of the time you're going to be flexing in the direction of trolls, which is weird and counter to the idea that you're looking for physical perfection.

There's much better things to 'mire.
>>
>>51920395
Furthermore doing things your way means D can go in resources which will allow you to buy a QI focus or Weapon Focus to start with, maybe both if you wrangle it well.
>>
>>51921008
I like that horse.
That's a good one.
>>
>>51921020
>Priority
>Not Sum-to-ten/twelve
>>
>>51920745
>>51920836
RAW, there's no change to how it works.
>>
>>51921089
Priority is the default, not saying Sum to 10/12 ain't better, but unless specified otherwise, I will run on priority. Any way what I said holds true for sum to ten as well, less points in meta-type means more for resources
>>
>>51921140
Attributes and Skills come first.
>>
Is the Sum to 12 thing used mostly to make better non-human characters?
I'd rather still make a human and give them a more diverse skill set instead of spend the extra points on making them super powerful autistic specialists.

That's not bad is it?
>>
>>51921245
It's used to make more versatile character, and to allow non-elves/humans to exist.
>>
>>51921269
Sum to 12 sounds fantastic then.
>>
File: SKSpaghetti.gif (3MB, 375x275px) Image search: [Google]
SKSpaghetti.gif
3MB, 375x275px
>>51921354
It's not necessary, you can make some pretty damn versatile and competent stuff with Sum-To-10 (and do fine even with priority, though it does shoehorn trolls).

Sum-To-12 is basically starting the game with the world's best runners, who don't have any mechanical flaws or shortcomings other than Negative Qualities (which you took specifically for that, because you don't need that 25 Karma for anything at S12).
>>
>>51921269
>allow non-elves to exist.
REMOVE THIS UNTERELFEN PROPAGANDA
>>
You have to make a character with all E priorities competent. What do?
>>
>>51921510
Don't.
>>
>>51921510
Redefine 'competent'.
>>
>>51921510
Do nothing but Smartlink enhanced Suppressive Fire. Put everything into being able to do Suppressive Fire (and Enhanced when needed) and hope I can always answer with that.
>>
File: glorious.png (194KB, 293x347px) Image search: [Google]
glorious.png
194KB, 293x347px
>>51915899
Latent awakening, a return of the learning a metamagic with karma rule..
>>
>>51921565
Can reliably survive and contribute to runs with a decent team.
>>
>>51921445
You're really over stating this, it gets you at most a second A with no C or more likely a second C with no E. You're still up against the hard limits of the table, so they're no better in any one area just more rounded. It makes having greater than D in skills much easier, and allows you to be well rounded like the KArma method, while also allowing people to make characters that are skewed to fit a theme in ways Karma actively punishes you for.
>>
File: Kaburaya.png (17KB, 451x131px) Image search: [Google]
Kaburaya.png
17KB, 451x131px
What is the point of this? Style points?
>>
How do you take the most antisocial or cyberpsychotic member of your run team minigolfing?
>>
>>51921510
Punch the GM.
>>
>>51922016
through the matrix
>>
>>51922016
Tell them you need their back-up on a meet, convince them that they should be playing to blend in and/or say the Mr. Johnson is a few holes ahead and will meet them at the end of the course. Then after a couple hours when you've had your fun, make a big stink to the cyberpsycho about being stiffed on potential run but be secretly happy that you had a good time.
>>
>>51922016
Have him hit the golf balls at the heads of people he hates.
>>
>>51922012
Mid-range truck for suicide bombers?
>>51922016
Make him wear a wrist auto-injector on each hand - or any fleshy piece - with a remote activator. Radio, not matrix. Pump one full of dopadrine, another with a sleeping chemical. If he goes 3 above par, just call it even and tranq him. Safer. If you have another cybered teammate, one iwth a cyberleg or something, take it off and replace it with a panther cannon incase the drugs don't work and you need to put him down before he starts shredding other patrons and jamming them into the holes as a fine mush screaming HOLE FOR ONE or something.
>>
File: Khyzyl Saleem.jpg (218KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
Khyzyl Saleem.jpg
218KB, 1280x661px
>>51922012
Yes. Supposedly it's on the list for errata, but I'd give it free Yerzed Out and call it a day. It's an overpriced status symbol, that's something that ought to exist even if it's unlikely a character will want one.
>>
>>51922087
>Mid-range truck for suicide bombers?

It's a bike that has identical stats to the Mirage, but costs twice as much.
>>
>>51922069
>>51922087
Man, getting the whole team together for a "run" to play minigolf sounds like grand fun.
>>
>>51922012
>What is the point of this?

When wealth and arrogance cause you to drift from the one true shadowrunner vehicle, but you want a fast fancy bike instead of an americar.
>>
>>51922125
This shit always happens at my table when I get too busy to plan an elaborate run, so the group has half an evening to roleplay as drunk elves and trolls (while drinking in real life).
>>
>>51922125
Team face and team hacker get together to work out safety precautions for two days beforehand, infiltrating cyberware and planting weapons around the course to be retrieved as needed, getting the mage drunk enough that he can't participate - or at least, cast anything - then the face goes solo and works out how to account for the hacker.

And midway through the game, the face fucks it up and shoots little timmy in the face because his mother refused to fuck said Face inside the windmill on hole 6 and the whole thing turns into an 8 hour shootout with the cops.

Sounds about like a normal run.
>>
>>51922107
>identical
It's actually worse with 2 less armor
>>
>>51922175
>his mother refused to fuck said Face inside the windmill on hole 6

That's when you need to take your face behind said windmill, put him down like old yeller, and have the player make a new face with like 5-10 more dice in Con.
>>
>>51921982
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>51922175
man, I need more shadowrun non-run shenannigans.

Take the cybertroll bowling!
>>
>>51922227
His pins are 3 feet tall and bolted to the floor to make it fair.
>>
>>51922211
Maybe it was Rael Whiteoak, out for a stroll with the Deserving Orphan Child of the month?
>>51922227
Some of the fiction makes it clear the world is really fucked up. Swarms of children descending on those little box-courier bots, blackberry cats starting their own little cults of per(fur?)sonality in quiet sections, random freakouts by spirit afflicted people when the colour purple is *just right*, everyone in Seattle cheering on the group of homicidal maniacs as they burst into a room and start kidnapping a random family just because they're 'shadowrunners'

Plus the troll can probably ball himself up and use some sort of internal propulsion system to BE the bowling ball. I mean, shit, you can get a character running fast enough to need the crash damage rules, why not?
>>
>>51922267
>why not?
Because you're not allowed to step over the line.
>>
We need more art of buff female orks.
>>
>>51922319
But it'd be less a step, more a jump followed by some sort of booster.
>>
File: Greek God Seduction.jpg (24KB, 173x299px) Image search: [Google]
Greek God Seduction.jpg
24KB, 173x299px
>>51922211
>not having a montage ending in Specialization (Seduction)

I am disappoint. It's like you don't even understand the possibilities.
>>
>>51922340
I am going to have to mark this one as a fouled attempt.
I am not sure what the rules are in bowling for what happens when you fuck up. Just counts as a gutterball?
>>
>>51922382
It's cool. As long as he doesn't touch any part of the lane, equipment or building during or after the delivery. If he's got some sort of internal booster or grapple gun, chances are you can blast away part of the rear of the alley to ensure he sails smoothly through after getting a strike.

The rules are somewhat hazier on internal weapons loaded with bowling balls.
>>
>>51922416
I'm going to assign someone to figuring out if we're breaking the rules.
I think that's the decker's job.
>>
>>51922431
This is the sort of thing that ends with a group of very frightened bowling officials being held at gunpoint and trying to figure out a rules guidance that won't get them killed because the people involved have lost all sense of scale. One of the executives is secretly excited because he accesses Shadowrunner sims all the time.
>>
File: Constanza.jpg (220KB, 679x690px) Image search: [Google]
Constanza.jpg
220KB, 679x690px
>>51922133
>americar
>not dodge scoot
>>
>>51922483
>dodge scoot
>not a Yerzed Out Dodge Scoot
>>
File: Oh Yeah.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Yeah.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>51922476
>the kid who works the pin retrieval system puts a bit of UltraGlide on the lane because he wants a gory video to put on P2.0
>>
>>51922476
Goddamnit I want to watch shadowrunners doing shit like this ALL DAY
>>
>>51922220
Uh, could you explain then?
>>
>>51922517
I think if you combine that with the whole internal rocket boosters on your cybrtroll bowling ball you're going to have a troll skipping down the highway at mach 2 until he finally hits something big enough to stop him.

And a brand new origin story for a low-end shadowrunner when the cops come looking for the source of the ultraglide.
>>
>>51922151
>so the group has half an evening to roleplay as drunk elves and trolls (while drinking in real life).
Not going to lie, I wish I was part of your group.
>>
>>51922548
>And a brand new origin story for a low-end shadowrunner when the cops come looking for the source of the ultraglide.

Is his street-name "Slick"?
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 1159x223px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 1159x223px
>>51922539
>You have to make a character with all E priorities competent. What do?

>Redefine 'competent'.
>redefine
>>
>>51922578
Oh, I get it.

hehehehehe
>>
>>51922537
>actual play podcast
>the podcasts are about using the team using their loot and runner skills on mundane shit that always goes out of hand
>completely ignores the runs
someone fund it
>>
>>51922603
>listening to people fuck around on fuck for 4 hours at a time instead of doing it yourself

no thanks
>>
File: 1446078604699.jpg (99KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446078604699.jpg
99KB, 709x1000px
>>51922576
Special tactic: Ultraglide grenades. Wears a simrig, dubs in yakety sax, sells recordings of each run to Horizon.
>>
>>51922499
>yerzed out

That's a given.
>>
>>51922631
>Special tactic: Ultraglide grenades.

Wonder if you could combine those with preset webs of monowire or hacked industrial equipment for a rather chaotic killing zone.
>>
>>51922709
You're getting into SAW/Batman territory there, but 4e had chemical grenades which you could fill with ultraglide as well as monowire grenades which were pretty amazing.
>>
File: 2010-02-22.jpg (337KB, 650x883px) Image search: [Google]
2010-02-22.jpg
337KB, 650x883px
>>51922537
If you're a massive faggot like me, check out the URL mentioned in this hideous conglomerate image. Has occasional stuff like that.
>>
>>51922012
>>51922107
>>51922206
For what purpose?
>>
>>51922936
>>51922093
>>
>>51922955
Well, that's just a bit silly. Golden toilets exist, but we don't want any stats for them.
>>
>>51922981
Well, if golden toilets were easier to lift (in both senses of the word), you'd at least want the base price so you'd know what you get when you sell it.

Considering this golden toilet can carry you, you might at least want to know how it's going to do if you're going to be that ballsy.
>>
>>51923008
>Well, if golden toilets were easier to lift (in both senses of the word),
Wait, what's the second sense of the word? My instincts say it's "sell" but I've never heard anyone say "lift" and mean "sell" before.
>>
>>51923032
Steal
>>
>>51923032
Lift is occasionally slang for stealing.
>>
>>51923047
>>51923052
Ah, that makes more sense. Though, I don't think it would be too hard to steal a golden toilet in light of the orcs and trolls around, plus all the strength-enhancing augments.
>>
>>51923068
It's more about stealing it in good condition, since just ripping it free of the bolts is likely to do damage you don't want.

Plus it's big, shiny, and bulky, which all add up to really, really noticeable. Plus with a good decker, you could order the car to drive itself to a selling/caged place and not have it be too immediately obvious, while the toilet, well, it can't.
>>
Thread that isn't on its way to pruning.
>>51923140
>>
>>51923100
Well, that's why you install a Farady cage in your van, chummer! Put one in your ride, and now you're a portable robbery machine!
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.